Windows Support Forum

ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue

Q: ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue

I m doing this on my Toshiba laptop at the moment and you ll see why later in this post Earlier today I acquired an ASUS Z C notebook and had noticed that the keyboard is acting rather strange Certain keys will also register other keys when pressed Here s which ones react this ASUS Issue Z54C/X54C Mapping Keyboard way letters are not case sensitive U will also register Zero will register registers registers R W registers S ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue I I places a Date Stamp this might be the problem There may be others but I d like to move on to the behavior the way this behaves is if I press the key U then quot u quot or quot U quot will show up depending on ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue if I press Shift or not The same thing happens if I press the key This is the same for all others if I press one or the other of these keys in question the other appears with it At first I thought this was a problem with the copy of Windows that was installed so I installed Windows Tech Preview I was going to do so anyway However this behavior did not go away Looking for help and I d be more than happy to resolve this problem I should note that not all keys behave this way but that the majority of them work fine It s just that this should not be happening to begin with I ve also pulled the keyboard out and inspected it I didn t see any dried fluids or any obstructions in the keys Should I perhaps consider replacing the keyboard Sadly I have no USB keyboards to see if the behavior is isolated to the laptops primary keyboard although using the On-Screen Keyboard doesn t elicit this behavior nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-z54c-x54c-keyboard-mapping-issue.208302/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello all,

I have a keyboard mapping issue. Whenever I press a series of keys, Example, "12," I get a sentence that I typed yesterday. How can I turn this off? I'm not sure how I cut it on in the first place.

Thanks for your help.

A:Keyboard Mapping Issue

Does anyone know a solution to this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-mapping-issue-280809.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, I have an asus x54c, my sound isnt working. It works with head phones. I tested the microphpone and speakers, and both have the green bars moving. However, I cannot hear a sound whether its youtube or anything else.

A:Asus X54C sound not working

I tried using hdmi today and the sound worked through the tv. The green abrs are still moving but no sound yet.

Another thing is when I run confgure device, i get the message hardware changes might not be detected

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/318247-asus-x54c-sound-not-working.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guys, some strange stuff going on with this machine, when it is booting off the win7 cd and after it shows the windows is loading files, just before it should go to the SETUP screen,it keeps retarting, bad hard drive maybe? The problems with this unit includes when it goes into windows and I open up any folder, that window will multiply a few times and then start flickering. It even does this on from linux disk so then I am not seeing it can be hard drive related?

A:Asus x54C can't reload win7

A bad hdd would be my first guess as this is usually happens when the problem isn't the operating system or the media being used.

I would suggest run a DOS diagnostic test for this.  You create a bootable diagnostic disc and boot from it to run the test.

Please download SeaTool for DOS to your desktop.  This will make it easy to find the ISO file.

When the SeaTools for DOS website opens click on I Accept, then click on the Download button.

This download is a ISO image which you will need to burn to a CD or DVD in order to create a bootable disc which can be used to run the diagnostic tests.

To burn this ISO file to a CD or DVD use the instructions below.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close. 

Once the disc is created load it in the CD/DVD drive and restart the computer.

If the disc is recognized you should receive a message instructing you to press any key to continue to boot from the disc.

Please note:  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Please run the short test and include the results in your next post in this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627161/asus-x54c-cant-reload-win7/
Relevancy 76.11%

My Asus laptop is displaying coloured lines crisscrosing each other and no windows 7 display after using it for 3 hours and shut down . I switched it on after an hour and a half and it started displaying the lines. I tried the HD on a similar laptop and it booted alright. Im suspecting a hardware error. Need help here to fix my laptop.

A:ASUS X54C Display Problem

try reinstalling the video drivers,but it sounds like a heat problem

you are using it on a hard flat surface?

check the air vents are clean

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-x54c-display-problem.1096791/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey guys, looking at this here: https://kb.wisc.edu/showroom/page.php?id=58779

I have tried all keys showing F2, F9, F8, Delete, ESC but nothing works, help?

A:Asus x54C model can't get to boot menu or bios

What do you see?

Anything at all on screen, or is it just black?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627070/asus-x54c-model-cant-get-to-boot-menu-or-bios/
Relevancy 73.53%

I just purchased this Asus Notebook for less than a $100 about a month ago and i like this notebook very very much, i literally think i got a steal on it but there are problems i have no experience with that id like to have ironed out. The CD/DVD disk drive is constantly making noises with no disk media present in the drive. It just clicks/buzzes away especially on start-up or when i plug in a device. What is even stranger is the fact that it clicks away when I'm doing almost nothing or the computer is doing almost nothing

This notebook runs Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Device manager reads: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208BB

I don't know if this is a driver problem but i do plan to download all possible drivers for this computer and store them CD or USB when ever i get the chance.

Thanks Everybody

A:Asus X54C-BBK21's CD/DVD drive is forever making noises

I think that's the original OS, if so then it will already have the right drivers for that Optical drive.

A quick fix would be to leave the Optical drive tray open or leave a disk inside it. Or you could replace the drive, any DVDRW drive should work, the only complications are you need one that will take the original faceplate (there are several different ones) and there may be an adapter that fits between the current drive and the connector inside the laptop, if so you will have to transfer that to the new drive, it's usually easy to do.

You can make backups of all the drivers, or just the non-microsoft ones, with this free program :- http://www.boozet.org/dd.htm
I use it myself and it works well. It may not save everything you need for the more complex drivers, like Video and Audio, but it's still very useful. You can reinstall the saved drivers using the program too.

If you need to download any drivers you should only get them from the maker's website, that way if any have been customised for that particular laptop you get the right ones.

EDIT : forgot to say Welcome to TSG GoblinShark !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-x54c-bbk21s-cd-dvd-drive-is-forever-making-noises.1141022/
Relevancy 72.67%

I downloaded bit Windows around year ago and since then my ASUS x c is having problems One of the USB ports often malfunctions Certain keys sometimes do not work The notebook wont shut down whilst connected to the mains but is fine shutting down Or OS?) update? to Problems (BIOS ASUS change 32bit x54c otherwise The battery doesn't charge and the power can now only last for seconds when disconnected from the mains It seems I need to buy a new battery but I am stalling until I have fixed the problem with the shutdown I have formatted the notebook twice and since tried Windows bit so it is not faulty software but may well be a bit matter ADVICE GIVEN TO DATE I am told from a link on the ASUS x54c Problems shutting down (BIOS update? Or change to 32bit OS?) ASUS Support website that I should update my BIOS ASUS x54c Problems shutting down (BIOS update? Or change to 32bit OS?) to There are now newer versions available so I'm not sure whether their info is out of date or if is still the preferred choice for this issue I have been told my a techie working at the school where I teach that I should not update the BIOS as it is dangerous and could seriously damage my Laptop instead he says the problem is that I am running a bit OS when my system is made for bit He suggests that I go back to Windows bit Can you take a look at my specs and take a vote on which option is best to take Many thanks

A:ASUS x54c Problems shutting down (BIOS update? Or change to 32bit OS?)

It is true that I am running BIOS version 204 and not 207.

See message here from my quick search.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/344588-asus-x54c-problems-shutting-down-bios-update-change-32bit-os.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Wondering if anyone has had or has heard of this problem I ve been having with my Asus laptop When I m typing the computer will miss many of the characters I type requiring me to backspace and re-insert them more slowly It is not an issue with any specific keys it s all the keys The problem seems to be worse the longer my laptop is on It s almost like something in the background is interfering with the messages my keyboard is sending After installing several drivers I sent my laptop Asus keyboard issue to Asus and they reseated the keyboard and noted that it s working properly I think the biggest issue is that none of the techs seem to understand that I m not having a physical problem with the keys It s so frustrating It s also impossible to write a paper without going out of my mind Unfortunately I didn t discover the problem until after the weeks during which I could have returned the computer to Best Buy Anyway the model is X Vb X series if that helps Intel Core duo Ghz each GB RAM Windows Vista bit -Donna nbsp

A:Asus keyboard issue

It's the forum.. really... it was acting like I didn't post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-keyboard-issue.133335/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello! I have an Asus 2-in-1. it turns into a tablet and into a laptop so it does have a keyboard. Someone cracked my screen about a year ago now, so I have turned off the touch-screen feature and the screen is still cracked. However, it is still a reallyyyyy crappy computer. So last night when my keyboard kept "detaching" frequently (according to the little sounds played) in an annoying manner, most of the time a message saying "The USB drive insert is not recognized" or something like that. Then it stopped accepting it all together. Now I cannot get past my lock screen or type anything. But what's weird is that it's not auto-rotating so it recognizes there's a keyboard attached, it just wont allow me to do anything on it. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/2-1-asus-laptop-keyboard-issue-4606022/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi. A friend of mine has an ASUS Pro 31F notebook. For some reason some keyboard keys aren't writing what I am typing. As an example: -

O = Y;o\
J = V.j, p
k = g/Km
and so on.

Does anyone have a fix. I have tried almost everything other than to smack the laptop against a wall.

Look forward to a reply.

chrisjoa

A:Asus Pro31f keyboard issue

You may have a stuck key on the keyboard. Check the ALT or Fn keys. You could try attaching an external keyboard and see if it works correctly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-pro31f-keyboard-issue.140885/
Relevancy 64.07%

The Microsoft Help Desk used remote assistance to fix my problem in connecting to the Store app. Ever since they took control of my laptop they keyboard types numbers as if the numlock key is on. There is no labeled numlock key on my keyboard.

I checked msconfig and everything that should be working is working.

I was going to bite the bullet and do a system restore, but the laptop is sinew that there's no restore point to go back to.

I've installed all updates in the hope that there was a driver missing and that would fix it.

But nothing has worked.
I'm working on a brand new Asus Transformer Book T200TA. The touch-screen keyboard is fine, it's the dock keyboard that's screwy. But I think it's a software issue.

A:Asus Transformer keyboard software issue. Please help!

2nd post here http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...200-notebook-numlock-number-lock-problem.html
Create a vbs file in notepad (save it with vbs rather than txt) and click on it to turn num lock on or off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-transformer-keyboard-software-issue-please-help.1140151/
Relevancy 64.07%

My Asus F83Se laptop keyboard is having some problem and I can't figure out how to fix it.
The left arrow key is not working, while multiple other keys works but with additional 'left arrow key kept being pressed' problem.. For example, if I press z key button, z will be shown on screen but the cursor kept going left repeatedly.. and it won't stop until i press other normal functioning keys

keys with this problem: z x h j , . and up arrow

Keyboard wasn't spilled with any liquid..

Need help on this issue

A:Asus F83Se laptop keyboard issue

How to Reset a Keyboard

Bring up the keyboard settings dialog box. Double-click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. Click the "Change a Setting" choice in the left column. In the window that appears, double-click the "Keyboard" icon. This dialog box handles all settings for your current keyboard. Another path to the control panel is to click the "Start" button at the bottom left of the screen. Roll the mouse pointer up to "Settings" and click "Control Panel."

Reset the character repeat settings. The speed of character repeat and the delay before repeating starts is adjustable with sliding level indicators. Click on the adjuster and hold your finger on the mouse button to drag the adjustment left or right.

Change the cursor blink rate. A faster blink helps to locate the cursor while moving it with the arrow keys. Change the blink rate by dragging the slide to the left or right for slower or faster.

Enable the keyboard to accommodate one-handed typing or foreign languages. Click on the "Input Locales" tab near the top of the dialog box. Click the "Add" button for choices of available languages. Click the "Properties" button for choices to include Dr. Dvorak?s keyboard layouts for two-handed typing or single-handed typing with either hand.

Identify and correct keyboard malfunctions. Click the "Hardware" tab on the dialog box. The current keyboard will be listed under devices. The functioning status of the keyboard is displayed, and a troubleshoot button is active for use anytime. Make a first attempt to resolve keyboard problems by clicking this button.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-f83se-laptop-keyboard-issue.165803/
Relevancy 62.78%

Good on Keyboard? with Microsoft EP121 Issue Win8RP Slate Eee with ASUS x64 afternoon to all the great folks on this forum I have a strange issue which I hope someone can shed some light on Up until now my Win usage has been limited to the Samsung Series Slate the ExoPC Tablet and the Dell Inspiron Duo Well I got Issue with Win8RP x64 on ASUS Eee Slate EP121 with Microsoft Keyboard? a great deal online on a new ASUS Eee Slate EP i GB GB SSD and its a very nice robust tablet HOWEVER I have now installed Win more times that I care to remember However I have never encountered this before After installing the RP x edition the system booted up with all devices in device manager recognized and working perfectly It ran a couple of Windows updates and still all was good This table comes packaged with an ASUS rebranded Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Initially after the installation it paired beautifully Issue with Win8RP x64 on ASUS Eee Slate EP121 with Microsoft Keyboard? within Windows settings devices And it worked great The next day the kayboard was no longer in the devices list under Windows settings however it WAS listed in the device manager under bluetooth devices as working normally Trying to re-pair the keyboard has been fruitless - the tablet just no longer sees it I try pairing OTHER brands of keyboards like Logitech - and voila No problem So - I then uninstalled the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard from device manager and rebooted However I had done this several times now - and upon each reboot it shows up again in device manager This is with the keyboard turned off and nowhere near the tablet I uninstall it reboot and there it is again I also tried some of the usual quot bluetooth fixes quot that other have posted Even though the latest drives from Microsoft seem to all work great I installed the x bluetooth and WLAN drivers from ASUS No change at all Finally I tried pairing this specific Microsoft bluetooth keyboard with my Dell Inspiron Duo and my ExoPC Slate both running Windows x and it paired immediately and works great So - please smack me hard in the head and tell me what the heck I am doing wrong I like a puzzle just like the next guy but this has become a frustrating exercise in futility Help Thanks all very much Mike

A:Issue with Win8RP x64 on ASUS Eee Slate EP121 with Microsoft Keyboard?

This is an odd one... I'll play ball!

Ok, does there happen to be a Bluetooth device near the tablet or anything else wireless?

Looking around on a Microsoft support article, I found this...

Click Start, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices.

If your device does appear in the list of devices, click Add, and then follow the instructions to add the device.

If the device does appear in the list of devices, check the status. The following possible states exist:Authenticated
ConnectedLast Seen

If the device state is listed as Last Seen, try to use the device.

If the status flickers between Authenticated and Connected, communication exists between the device and the computer. You can also try to Remove the device and Add it back in.

Click Properties, and then click Services.Click to select the Drivers for Device check box.If the device has a check box next to it that is selected, click to clear it.

Note If you use the wireless link to add the device, the device is not set as the default device.Click OK.Click Properties, and then click Services.Click to select the Drivers for Device check box.Click to select the check box on the wireless link properties.If the link is not reestablished, use Control Panel to remove the device, and then try to add the device again.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8599-issue-win8rp-x64-asus-eee-slate-ep121-microsoft-keyboard.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Is there a way to re-map the keys on a keyboard (like change P to Tab, etc.)? Some of the games out in the market don’t allow the customization of their buttons… I have Muscular Dystrophy so it is hard for me to reach certain things.

------------------

A:Re-mapping keyboard

Microsoft has a Keyboard remapper that was included with W95. It allows some reampping though not of the letters keys, only certain shift/ctrl functions. It works for W95 but also works fine in W98. I use it on my W98 machine to remap the "CapsLock" key to "Ctrl" because I was always hitting it by mistake. You can get it <a href=http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUToys/W95KernelToy/Default.asp> here </a>. Create a folder called KernelToys. Save the download file to there. Double left click on the downloaded file to extract the pieces into the folder, KernelToys. Now right click on keyremap.inf and choose install. After the install goto Start>Settings>ControlPanel>Keyboard and you will see a new tab called "Remap".
Another is <a href=http://www.swapkeys.com> Swapkeys </a>. It costs about $12 but is closer to what you want. They have a free evalution copy you can download, though I am not sure if you can remap a "P" to TAB since TAB is not in the ANSI character set.

[This message has been edited by bhesson (edited 08-06-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-mapping-keyboard.33447/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there New to the forums and hoping you can help me The problem I have currently is a strange keyboard mapping When I press any of the f keys nothing happens Or rather whats supposed to happen doesn t I use a program called Gamemaker to make games programs I have it set on a music player Mapping Keyboard Strange I made to go full-screen when I hit F instead it makes the song stop as if I hit S Using windows on-screen keyboard I have pressed the virtual F key and it works the program switches screen modes I haven t to my knowledge installed a program that would have changed the keyboard mapping for my keyboard It s been doing this for about three weeks now I couldn t solve it on my own so I came here Is it a hardware problem Or perhaps a software problem The keyboard is a Dynex usb plug and play keyboard Model DX-WKBD I have used this same keyboard with my old now dead laptop that was running the same OS as I am now Windows XP Media and I didn t have the problem Strange Keyboard Mapping nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-keyboard-mapping.859811/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a DOS application which runs quite happily under all flavours of Windows. However under Vista it has the wrong keyboard mapping for some characters. I have checked the International settings and they are correctly set to UK and the codepage used is 850 but the Shift+3 gives a # rather than £ and a few other characters are not what would be expected.

Any ideas please?

Thanks G

A:keyboard mapping, DOS app under Vista

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and update your software. You can't expect a lifetime of compatability for software you bought 10 years ago. A few options would be to download Virtual PC and run an older version of DOS or Windows inside that. Or give DOSbox a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-mapping-dos-app-under-vista.713438/
Relevancy 57.19%

Howdy,

I spend hours at a time copying and pasting data in excel sheets, I want to set one of my f function buttons to Copy, and another to Paste so I can prevent Carpal Tunnel ;P

I have a Window XP, and a Wired Microsoft Multimedia 1.0a keyboard.

Relevancy 57.19%

I'm running windows XP, and I have a superjoybox 3 adapter where you can hook up a playstation or playstation 2 controller to usb. Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to be able to map buttons or axes or such to various keys on the keyboard, such as mapping up down left and right to the up down left and right on the keyboard.

Relevancy 57.19%

First off I d like to say hi to everyone as this is my first post Ok so about a week ago I got one of those viruses that seems to be popular these days The one that doesn t let you open many applications and pops up that official looking but fake anti virus program I m sure most of you know the one Anyway I got rid of that using the suggested one-two punch of rkill and malwarebytes which cleared it out However it left me with a few parting gifts The first thing it did I was able to fix quite easily which was somehow make it so that Windows didn Keyboard Mess Up Mapping t recognize my internet connection anymore all I did for that was go to quot Network Connections quot disable the connection and create a new one The second and Keyboard Mapping Mess Up seemingly more insidious thing it did was remap some things on my keyboard For example the end key not only does what it s supposed to do but it also opens up the calculator and adds this quot quot wherever the cursor was Ctrl Alt Delete no longer opens up the task manager but puts the computer on standby Alt Esc also does that now too I m sure it changed other things as well but I haven t run across them yet To fix it I ve tried various key mapping programs to no affect I ve also tried several registry cleaners they didn t work either The next thing I m afraid I ll have to do is reinstall the drivers for the keyboard but it s a very old keyboard and I don t have a disk for it nor can I tell what kind it is as the sticker has worn off long ago So I was wondering if there was anything else that I could do to fix the problem I m running XP Pro SP Thanks in advance for your help

A:Keyboard Mapping Mess Up

Do you have a Window XP discYou can try this command But it may ask you for I86 folder which is on the windows diskMake sure you are the administrator and Go to start run cmd and press enterrun this commandsfc /scannow That command will verify Protection System Files and revert them to normal configurations from Microsoft if something change. If anything is currupt like .dll files it will ask for the CD but this is a trail-error scenario.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338956/keyboard-mapping-mess-up/
Relevancy 57.19%

OK, im frustrated.
my wifes computer has decided to remap the layout of the keyboard every minute or so.
pressing shift and control gets the proper map back but it is not a solution as it happens littereally every minute.

the keyboard settings show only UK.
i dont see any logs or events in the event viewer that would help me track this down.
i have mcfee antivirus which runs 24/7, and i use malwarebytes to sweep on a regular basis.
not sure if im dealing with some sort of weird virus/malware joke??? or if there is something wrong with the dang keyboard library or what the heck.!?

anyone want to help me tackle this one?
much thanks
chris

windows xp, sp3.
if you pull up the virtural windows keyboard, it will show you the improperly layed out keys.. just thought that info might be helpful. *shrugs*

A:keyboard mapping itself every few minutes

Check in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Languages/Details. If you do not use the UK keyboard layout remove it and only use the default one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-mapping-itself-every-few-minutes-556305.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi...
I write a lot to people in Spain and Brazil..
A LOT

Is there some way that i can create quick keys on my keyboard to make the symbols such as ? ? ? etc. with out having to press alt and 4 numbers..?
I mean... Is there a way that i can, for ? type ~n and make it appear as ?
Or something to this effect...

A:keyboard foreign mapping

hi

if you install the lanugaes that you use, you should beable to switch the lanugage settings, this can be done via reigional setings in controll pannel - ( it work in xp, though it may not do what you want )

hope it helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-foreign-mapping-4587.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, i have recently bought a cyborg keyboard because i was told yo could remap the keys so you can use mouse and keyboard on modernwarfare 2 instead of the controller for the ps3. i have tried my best but im a noob wen it comes to this stuff i just need it simplified because i cant make head or tails of the online manual. is there a profile i can download so it becomes plug and play or a template any info would be apreciated tx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-mapping-need-miracle-447075.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Since getting infected with sasser this PC has had keyboard mapping problems please see here http://forums.techguy.org/t233773.html

How do I sort it please?

A:Keyboard mapping problems

Answered here:
http://forums.techguy.org/t233773.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-mapping-problems.233833/
Relevancy 57.19%

Is it possible to do keyboard mapping in Windows 7, so I can switch the functions of the "Control" and "Windows" keys? I'd prefer it if they were switched, because it would make doing some things easier with my placement of fingers and all...

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Toshiba Portege laptop and after loading Windows 98 the keyboard mapping is mixed up. All standard letters and numbers are OK but keys like @ and other special characters are mixed up. I have looked to see if there are special drivers but no luck. I asume that I may have selected the wrong keyboard layout when loading Windows, but if so which one should I load.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-keyboard-mapping-problem.14441/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

My girlfriend has a Samsung R519 and it's recently developed a strange problem with the keyboard.

Essentially... some keys don't type anything on screen, some type correctly, and some... just type what appears to be random characters????

For instance, hitting qwertyuio produces: R45TU76Y. But... those characters are only actually produced from hitting 't' which produces the R45T and 'y' which produces the U76Y. 'q,w,e,r,u,i and o' actually put nothing on the screen when you hit them.

I thought she might have somehow managed to activate the num lock but... using fn+F11 doesn't solve anything. Actually, that and fn+F12 seems to disable the mouse pad and hide the mouse pointer.

I can't figure this one out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Del.

Relevancy 56.76%

I use Win7-64. My keyboard is an old, old IBM Model M, made in 1989 [don't laugh, it works perfectly and I love it; I hate the new, quiet, mushy ones and have never found a use for the Windows key]. However, in the past couple of weeks, the ESC key has stopped working. Of course, I initially chalked it up to an ancient keyboard giving up the ghost, but I swapped it out for another I had and, once again, the ESC key is the only one not recognized. I haven't downloaded any new drivers (unless there's one in the normal Microsoft updates). So far, anything needing ESC has offered an alternative means of dismissal, but one day my luck will run out. Any ideas?

Relevancy 56.76%

I need to use a lot of greek letters alpha beta ect on a regular basis along change How can keyboard/numberpad I mapping? with modifications of these It is a pain to have to use the numpad codes every time when working with many of my formulas I need to put in multiple codes for the same character due to recurring accents bars ect so I would like to map them directly to my keyboard to make things easier I have looked into some programs such as SharpKeys and KeyTweak but as far as How can I change keyboard/numberpad mapping? I can tell they only let me move one key to another not add entirely new characters Windows has the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator which so far has been the best alternative I can map anything I want to any key but it does not seem to allow me to edit the numberpad I can't really get rid of any functions of any other keys so I need to map to previously quot unmapped quot locations Originally I wanted to use control x for example control a alpha but because most software has so many keyboard shortcuts this has been rendered more or less impossible to practically use The number pad seems to be the logical choice but the windows editor does not allow me to change my numberpad Is there any way around this or some other program I can't find If I could get this sorted it could change how work is conducted across my entire university

A:How can I change keyboard/numberpad mapping?

Since no one replied, I googled your request and this is all that came up.

Google

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278281-how-can-i-change-keyboard-numberpad-mapping.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Lenovo ThinkCentre Win login messed after mapping sometimes up Keyboard 8.1 Windows -bit pro with Media Win 8.1 Keyboard mapping sometimes messed up after login Centre installed on SSD BG memory This is a bit of a weird one Sometimes perhaps in boots after logging into my account the keyboard mapping is screwed up - for instance typing 'a' on the keyboard displays 'h' or some other random letter or symbol most other key Win 8.1 Keyboard mapping sometimes messed up after login mappings are messed up also When this first occurred I enabled the touch keyboard but found that the screwed mapping matched the USB keyboard Also tried disconnecting reconnecting the keyboard and uninstalling re-installing from Device Manager but no change Sometimes the problem goes away after a few minutes other times I have to log out or reboot I figure that it must be something related to the user account as it would be impossible to login otherwise The machine is fully patched has the latest Intel Chipset updates and a clean bill of health according Norton Internet Security Any clues about what might be happening Thanks Chris

A:Win 8.1 Keyboard mapping sometimes messed up after login

Do you have any kind of languages/regional settings that were changed or that you toggle back and forth? Check in your system tray, near the clock, is there a notification icon sitting in there that refers to regional settings?

If not, also double check these settings in control panel via the "languages" option. Click "Options" - verify that US is chosen.

Now back out the options menu, and click "Advanced Settings" on the left. Make sure the override options are set to English US.

Back out of Advanced settings and click on "Change date, time and number formats". Go through each tab, and their resulting options, and make sure things like your "Locale" etc., are all set to English US. Reboot.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/51780-win-8-1-keyboard-mapping-sometimes-messed-up-after-login.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I've broke the space bar on my keyboard and want to change the mapping so I can use another key instead (currently the \ key). I'm using a programme called 'Keystroke Converter' but the lisence runs out soon - any freeware suggestions?

A:Solved: Change keyboard mapping?

Bought new key and glued it in - solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-keyboard-mapping.612203/
Relevancy 56.76%

My MS wireless keyboard got wet (let's just say an incontinent 20 yr old cat was involved!)-and was dead for a few days but then worked like new again after cleaning/drying out. Took it on a trip and when I got back, it was dead again. After pulling it apart, it responded again but the key mapping was all off. Eg, when I hit the down arrow, it types "orc", and the s key is now "caps lock"...............
Wondering if anyone has any ideas about this?

A:Wireless keyboard key mapping problem.

Update: cleaned contacts again and now I'm only missing a few keys:spacebar/numbers 5, 7, 8. I remapped those so it's useable, but am wondering if there's a way to get those keys back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-key-mapping-problem.677470/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have had my computer for a while but recently decided to make my life easier by mapping my keyboard's media buttons (which do nothing presently).

I am using a "Compaq 112 Enhanced Internet Keyboard CPQ115KB". I don't know if I map them via windows, or a special file included with the hardware. Either way, I don't know the location of the key mapping utility.

Could someone please help me?

Relevancy 55.9%

My laptop has a button which used to trigger software (Acer PowerSmart Manager) which was supposed to reduce power consumption through undisclosed methods. The program was an irritation since it overrode screen brightness settings (actually making the screen brighter than I wanted it) and could not be customised so I uninstalled it. I would like to reasign the button to opening a program called GameBooster which I can use to close down many programs at once and restart them all again at a suitable time. The problem is that I don't know a) how to find out the scan code of this peculiar key (I think it might actually simulate two or more regular keys being pressed at the same time) nor b) how to make this trigger the execution of the GameBooster program (preferably without running an additional application). Surely Windows 7 has the capacity do this built in?

A:Mapping a peculiar keyboard key to start program

I found a program called Keytweak and found the scan code for a special key, but it can only map to another key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/135574-mapping-peculiar-keyboard-key-start-program.html
Relevancy 55.9%

ThinkPad R JU ThinkPad problem Keyboard mapping annoying) very (and Interesting Embedded Controller XP Professional SP System and ThinkVantage software and updates are completely current UPGRADES Upgraded to GB RAM Replaced original Chicony K keyboard with NMB K Replaced original Hitachi Travelstar K HD with Hitachi Travelstar K GB ATA- in RPM HD w MB For the past to months I have been suffering with a keyboard key mapping problem The problem occurs anytime I reboot and since I didn t have to do that too often until recently I ve been able to Interesting (and very annoying) Keyboard mapping problem live with it until now that is When I reboot some keyboard keys do not map correctly Some keys do seem to mismap more often than others for instance ESC F F C X M N Q D comma period etc etc but the problem is not restricted to these keys there s Interesting (and very annoying) Keyboard mapping problem no pattern to the keys they mis-map to and I am unable to discern any pattern binary or otherwise I have PassMark Keyboard Test which shows me the BIOS and Windows key codes When I hit a mis-mapped key both the BIOS and the Windows key codes accurately reflect the wrong key For instance if the key mismaps to the key both the BIOS and the Windows key codes reflect the key codes for when I press The mis-maps occur even when I boot into Safe mode and run the PassMark Keyboard Test If I reboot repeatedly perhaps three to six times I will eventually have a clean keyboard I now teach and have to get to class an hour and a half early to be sure I have enough time to get my ThinkPad up and working very annoying This is not a hardware problem I have replaced the keyboard as noted above I have an extra hard drive which I reformatted with a new XP image There s no problem when I boot from that hard drive When I install an external keyboard it has the same problem as the ThinkPad keyboard same keys same mis-maps I have uninstalled the keyboards and all HID interfaces in device manager rebooted and still have the problem I worked with one of the top techs at PlumChoice off and on over a week and he and I put about four hours into playing with this he was remote of course We ran several utilities looking for registry or virus problems ComboFix DialaFix CCCleaner By the way PlumChoice loads a remote keyboard utility on my system and when that is active I have no problem even on my laptop keyboard I can reboot repeatedly and no problem Unfortunately that s gone once PlumChoice drops out I have up-to-date Symantec Antivirus and WinpatrolPlus running on my system Until recently I was getting the following Service Control Manager Event ID errors in the event viewer PMEM service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified The ABS PortIO Service service failed to start due to the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it To stop these services from attempting to start I changed their registry START values to based on a forum I read somewhere that suggested that Finally suspecting the keyboard drivers I manually replaced i prt sys and kbdclass sys at C WINDOWS system drivers with those from a new XP Pro image I had on another hard drive Not sure about self healing and whether this actually replaced anything but manually replacing these drivers didn t change anything The reason I am posting to this forum is to see if anyone has any ideas and because ComboFix gave me the following message which I don t understand ------- Sigcheck ------- - - C EC CD A B F A F c windows ERDNT cache kbdclass sys - - C EC CD A B F A F c windows ServicePackFiles i kbdclass sys - - EBDEE A EE A ACEE C C c windows NtServicePackUninstall kbdclass sys - - - C CD D FD C E c windows system drivers kbdclass sys Not sure if this means anything or even what Sigcheck even means but may have been around the time this keyboard mapping horror began and kbdclass sy... Read more

A:Interesting (and very annoying) Keyboard mapping problem

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Also, please subscribe to this topic, so you are notified when someone replies. Please continue to check manually on occasion, as every now and then the email may be caught by your spam filter.To enable topic notifications you should do the following:Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel.Scroll down to the Options category in the left hand side menu bar and click on the Email Settings link.Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?.Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone replied.Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270236/interesting-and-very-annoying-keyboard-mapping-problem/
Relevancy 55.9%

Sorry if this is the wrong location, if a mod could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

My cat was playing on my laptop, and apparently sat on the keys. Now, the "e" key is unresponsive (must be hit hard to register, or if struck repeatedly results in about 30 popping out at once), and the a, d, x, and g keys when hit display as "ae, de, xe, ge". Holding the key results in aeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, deeeeeeeeeee, etc. I'm guessing the keyboard mapping has been messed up, but not sure how to change it back.

On a side now, quickly tapping the keys does not result in the extra e appearing, but a normal typing speed results in the extra e being displayed. How can I change the keyboaerd mapping back?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-keyboard-mapping-key-locations-changed.769720/
Relevancy 55.9%

HP Stream x Convertable PC nbsp The on-screen keyboard works fine but the mechanical keyboard does not nbsp I have an odd mapping and I can not figure out how to change this in CMOS nbsp Upon a reset the computer tries to walk me through initialization and personalization but the physical keyboard is still malfunctioning independent of the OS nbsp Here are the examples nbsp only listing keys that don't perform as expected typed the chareter on the left received the product after the dash - nbsp b - bnf - fkjg - ghh - ghi - riuj - fkjk - fkjl - m - nothingn - bno - pr - riut - t yu - riuv - nothingy - t yz - z B - BNC - nothingF - FKJG - GHH - GHI - RIUJ - FKJK - FKJL - M - nothingN - BNO - PR - RIU nbsp T - TJYU - RIUV - nothingY - TJYZ - Z - - nothing - mapping ascii Keyboard Stream wrong HP nothing - - - backspace - ghup arrow - riudown arrow - left arrow - function properly or intermittent charter insertdelete - gh

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Stream-Keyboard-wrong-ascii-mapping/td-p/5720899
Relevancy 55.9%

Fitted a new keyboard but cant find the correct mapping in Windows 7, its labled Netherlands so I presumed Dutch would be closest. Its this part P/N:584816-B31 EURO Spares  598790-B31  Rev.A01 Netherlands If Anyone with the same could please share their language settings. I saw that there is a keyboard remapping tool from Microsoft which should work, but I got so close it feels like it should be there somewhere. Its a standard layout surely or is there a download in support. Thanks for your time.

A:Hp 2504p New Keyboard Cant Find Mapping in Settings

Another hour of tweaking getting closer just 4 keys out now, thinking of use the remapping software or just stickers for now lol. Can I swap the keys out easily with the old keyboard ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-2504p-New-Keyboard-Cant-Find-Mapping-in-Settings/td-p/5604163
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I bought a
Inspiron 7568 2-in-1
late last year. I noticed that when I hit certain keys like the quote ' and doublequote '' keys they don't actually display on the screen until I the next key. Plus if I certain combinations like quote plus a c I get this displaying ç Seems like the keyboard is mapped to a foreign language - perhaps French. How do I get it to behave like a proper English speaking keyboard. I've searched through the settings for hours and haven't managed to find a setting. My Language is set to English (united kingdom).
Please help
Kim

A:Changing Laptop keyboard mapping settings

Hi Kim,
What is the current OS installed on the system?
Check the keyboard layout and ensure it is set to English - http://bit.ly/1bAbmUd
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1U7TiXG - restart the system and check again.
Create a new local admin account and check - http://bit.ly/1JoFhcw
Restart the system in safe mode and check - http://bit.ly/1LHcO2c
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982662
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys I have causing problem Keyboard Password Mapping recently done a clean reinstall of Win Pro The PW I used to log on has a in it and I am able to log on without problems But User Accounts will not accept the PW after I logged on and Windows is fully open I guessing this is a keyboard mapping issue I'm in New Zealand where we have Keyboard Mapping causing Password problem American keyboards but just to make life difficult I did Keyboard Mapping causing Password problem the installation using a generic MS keyboard and switched to a Logitech G after installing Windows The Logitech has limited functionality until drivers are loaded I have tried swapping to the MS keyboard and have looked for various configurations to see if I can use a different key in place of the What I haven't tried is logging on in Safe Mode t see if that bypasses the problem So what I'd like to do is clear the PW so I don't need to use it when starting Windows and can netwrork without running into PW problems TIA

A:Keyboard Mapping causing Password problem

Well I have tried Safe Mode without success. I'll try some different keyboards in Languages

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/326956-keyboard-mapping-causing-password-problem.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I fitted a new keyboard purchased on the internet to my Satellite -S laptop It has 1805-S274 Wrong mapping keyboard on Toshiba keys but has quot quot above the Wrong mapping on Toshiba 1805-S274 keyboard quot quot key Wrong mapping on Toshiba 1805-S274 keyboard as well as other quot Wrong mapping on Toshiba 1805-S274 keyboard non standard quot Alt and Alt Gr key markings When I set up the laptop up as an american keyboard I get a whole load of miss matching e g key gives quot quot Alt Gr key gives quot quot quot quot gives quot quot the Delete key on same row of keys as the Function keys acts as quot Start quot The a-z and lower-case - keys are fine I have tried all the standard language keyboard drivers I could find and tried to remap using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator but this does not allow me to change the non-alphanumeric keys I did email the keyboard supplier but they were no help Does anyone know how I can get the laptop to match the keyboard layout other than changing the physical keyboard Thanks Robert nbsp

A:Wrong mapping on Toshiba 1805-S274 keyboard

Did the part number on the old keyboard match the new keyboards part number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-mapping-on-toshiba-1805-s274-keyboard.178352/
Relevancy 55.47%

Sent my V5 in for service after the screen failed.  Had upg'ed from WIN8 to WIN10 prior to the screen failure.  Sent it in for repair.  They replaced the screen just fine, but wiped my hard drive and installed WIN10. (why would they wipe my HD if they're just gonna leave the same OS on it?!?) Now I'm having an issue with the keypad.. the mapping for the top row (INS, DEL, HOME, PG UP, PG DN) are all wrong.  THe function appears to have moved 1 key to the left of where it should be. Figured it must be a driver issue, but I can't seem to find any keyboard drivers online for the V5. Any help would be appreciated!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire V5-572P-6646 Keyboard Mapping Problem - Top...

See if this will take care of it.http://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-572P-6646-Keyboard-Mapping-Problem-Top-Keys-On-Number/td-p/427229/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

Brandnew HP Envy x360 with Belgian azerty keyboard The key 2 positions right to the spacebar, marked as <>\ does not generate those values, but generates the code for the CTRL key instead. This can not be a virus or other issue, as this is a "just out of the box" fresh system. I really suspect a "Bug" here in the testing of the azerty layout for this particular model The keyboard driver layout is the standard one provided with the OS by microsoft, called "Belgian Azerty decimal point"The operatings system is on the latest patch levelThe HP drivers are on the latest patch level I guess this must be declared as "a problem" and not an "incident" Cheers,Stefan

A:azerty keyboard driver bug for <>\ mapping generating ctrl i...

Hi @Stefanbic,Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that you have keyboard issues with the unit and some of the keys don?t work correctly. I am really happy to help you. In fact, you have deduced the situation well. It may be a faulty keyboard. Kudos to you for that. Please perform these steps to isolate the issue:Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.Please run system diagnostics for the keyboard. Here?s the link: http://hp.care/2bOrqZQ Please follow the steps from the option ?Testing using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)? to run keyboard diagnostics from component tests. If it fails, make a note of the failure code.Please perform these steps also to check the keyboard in the command prompt outside of windows:Power down the unit. When you power it back up, immediately tap the F11 key gently several times.It takes you to recovery manager. Here please select the option ?Troubleshoot?. Then please select ?Advanced options ? and  ?command prompt?Type all the keyboard characters in this black window especially the keys that do not work correctly.If it works fine then it may not be a hardware issue with the keyboard and can be corrected with a system recovery.Hope this helps. Do let me know how this goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button for my efforts. Please remember to mark "Accept as Solution" if this helps. Thanks and have a blessed week ahead!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/azerty-keyboard-driver-bug-for-lt-gt-mapping-generating-ctrl/td-p/5761420
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently bought a Logitech Elite keyboard and when I hooked it up and installed the drivers the key mapping was totally thrown off I ve tried downloading multiple remapper progs and nothing seems to work I ve got both keyboard currently hooked up One is PS and the Elite is USB so I can actually type correctly but I get the same result when I have only the Elite attached Here s an example of what things look like when I type with the Elite A is Alt b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z also backs the browser Issue Mapping Key Still Alt B C D Key Mapping Issue E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z - Left shift types quot q quot as well as shift Right shift types z as well as shift And this is the tip of the iceberg All the special function keys open programs My work said it was working just fine and this is the first keyboard to act up like this What could be the problem Edit I found a mapper that show what is pressed when I hit each key and several keys are activating other keys on the board Although I can t unmap the extra keys that are being pressed nbsp

A:Key Mapping Issue

Can you uninstall the drivers and reboot with only Elite on the USB and let Windows find it.
See if the Keyboard types correctly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-mapping-issue.516722/
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows 2K Pro, fully patched
Netware 4.83.

Recently we relocated a user to another facility. His profile in active directory was placed in a redirector folder along with other members of his group who relocated. This one individual is the only one having this problem though. Double-click on "My Documents" and an he gets an error indicating the path is invalid. R-click "My Documents" to check the properties and the path is greyed out. Open "My Computer" and the drive mapped to the location where his "My Documents" reside is present as are his documents. Checked the users A.D. profile and everything seems in order. Had another member of his group log into this box and her mapping was correct. Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-documents-mapping-issue.133963/
Relevancy 54.18%

Very strange issue First off I am replacing a XP setup with acting as a quot server quot and clients I have to replicate everything the way it was because the employee who is essential to keeping things running is issue mapping abnormal a really miserable and counter productive kind of person But I really liked the owners and recently the owners wife who knew how thier antiquated DOS system worked inside and out and naturally didn t document was killed by a reckless dump truck driver so I m doing this for them they all shared thier C drives as server C so to avoid issues with the grouch I did the same so the mapped drive letters and info S server C C on the server P server Peachtree C Programs Sage Peachtree on the server and to keep her quiet each of the clients are sharing thier C drives as client C and maped with other drive letters all xp machines have the same username and password and the share security has everyone with full privs and abnormal mapping issue everyone in the share permissions with all privs I can read write rename everything in almost any folder I used net config server autodisconnect - to prevent abnormal mapping issue the shares and lpt mapped printers from disconnecting and screwing up the DOS programs and for the most part it worked abnormal mapping issue So why is the S drive always showing as disconnected it opens quickly but even when open in a window and even if I don t map the P drive the S still shows as disconnected in My Computer All of the other shares maintain their connections indefinitely and no issues with the printers I ve gone into the registry to delete the mapping info and when i recreate it disconnected network drive shows up right away sometimes instantly and sometimes after a few seconds I had trouble even deciding what search terms to use but all the answers pointed at the auto-disconnect feature I have also tried using IP s with the same result If I map a share on client to client I can see both that share and the C share so it s not a conflict Firewalls off had no affect using MSE for A V Any other ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/abnormal-mapping-issue.1027218/
Relevancy 54.18%

A problem has developed just this week on our Novell network Windows and Windows computers running Novell Client SP has decided not to map the network drives on initial windows Issue Novell Mapping system boot This is an example of the messages that I am getting LOGIN-LGNWNT - Access has been denied Your current context is Root User TrentB Novell Mapping Issue Context Main Your current tree is WMPRESS You are attached to server SERVER LOGIN-LGNWNT - The following drive mapping operation could not be completed INS S SYSUBLIC The error code was c bb I get the highlighted message with every mapping I attempt If I initially attempt to logon and I get the errors if I wait or minutes and attempt the logon processes again the mappings will connect and all is well What is confusing is that no changes have been made to the Novell server within the last weeks We have licenses and are only using about The problem is limited at this point to Windows and XP is not affected Reloading the client does Novell Mapping Issue not seem to help Changing the login order from Novell Windows to Windows Novell does not correct the problem Any help would be greatly appreciated Since we are in the process of upgrading from XP to at this point this is a show stopper until I figure this out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/novell-mapping-issue.1131741/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I am having a strange issue mapping a drive. I disconnected a mapped drive called \\lei1data1\data and tried mapping a new drive called \\lei1data2\data but it will not map the drive, I receive an error. Everyone else who tries to map the drive gets connected without an issue. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

A:Drive mapping issue

Hi there,

Is lei1data2 the Computer Name? You may try the IP Address instead of the Computer Name e.g. \\192.168.0.15\data

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367925-drive-mapping-issue.html
Relevancy 54.18%

server has logon script pointing Home drive mapping and user properties alson has home folder g:\ and path

now the client when he connect to server he not able to get the default g: drive mapped.

the user has to map the drive manually daily

is their any solution

please let me know

A:drive mapping issue

What type of server??
What type of client??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drive-mapping-issue.327714/
Relevancy 54.18%

I followed the cd setup .. as it is.. now everythings completed.

No I'm not new at networking . I know some stuff so after I went and changed a few things .. some of which should be done

1) went to d-link website (the server config page) .. set a static IP for the server..

2) went to my router .. opened two ports ... port 80 for http and port 21 for ftp.

3) I also Have a dyndns.com account or what I call dynamic dns.
(note : the ip in that host is not pointing to my server... is this the problem.. it says my actual is residing @ .... my isp. I' tried changing it but I guess its fixed?).

4) went to network settings and under sharing opened again the two ports ... 21 and 80 ...

I'm using wired for this whole setup...

Any Reason why D-link easy map or the mapping interface under face says failed to map....

Reply Fast ... I've run into a corner .. How to get out of it..

A:D-Link DNS-320 Mapping Issue

Anyone knows why I still can't map it ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213413-d-link-dns-320-mapping-issue.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All,

I am trying to do a mail merge on a mapped drive.

The location of the Mapped drive is a http:// address. When I go into the word document to merge the spreadsheet I get an error saying it can no find the address.

Through reading up on this issue, I have noticed that the mail merge does not like http:// addresses.

I have tried inserting the drive then the file name, but it still comes up with th error that it is looking for the http:// address.

Does anyone know how I can overcome this issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Mapping and Mailmerge Issue

anyone know if this is possible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/369746-mapping-mailmerge-issue.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having an issue with mapping my drives. Everytime I map it asks me for a user id and password. Not sure what user ID and passwd to give it. How do I disable this feature so I can connect to other home computer on my network?
Any please help. I'm new to vista and never had the problem with XP.
I cannot even connect to my network printer from any other local network computer.
I do appreciate it. thansk

A:Mapping Drives - password issue

I just want to share my problem with you, as I have the same problem. I am on a domain, using net use command script on logon, and I also need to use some kind of username and password, but I have no clue which pair., since nothing logs in. Not even the domain administrator password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mapping-drives-password-issue-459892.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I've experienced this issue several times. Here's what happens: Let's say I'm trying to make a persistent mapping of \\fileserver01\folder1\folder2 to drive letter M. I
R-click on the Novell system tray icon and select "map network drive"....enter the path, the drive letter, and check the "always map" box. Afterwards I go to "My Computer" and browse drive M: and find that it has mapped to \\fileserver01\folder1. For some reason it won't map the full path I indicate. The user does have rights to this path as I can browse to the referenced folder and view/open all files. Any idea what might cause this issue? Thx in advance!

A:Novell Drive Mapping Issue

I believe you need to

map root

Can you set your own user login scripts. I know we have that disabled where I work but at school we are allowed to do it.

map root M:=\\fileserver01\folder1\folder2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/novell-drive-mapping-issue.132760/
Relevancy 53.32%

I installed Gladinet & SDExplorer and I can copy any files without any problems from my laptop to Skydrive.

But using Windows 7 (x64) Network mapping method as described here:
How to Upload & Sync Files to SkyDrive from Windows Explorer

Im not able to copy any jpg files in Windows Explorer. Only doc files and stuff.

I get a "Destination Folder Access Denied: You need permission to perform this action" error.

Im confused since copying of any files does work with Gladinet and SDExplorer.

Anyhelp is appreciated.

A:SkyDrive Network Mapping Copying Issue

No one can help with this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122704-skydrive-network-mapping-copying-issue.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have recently installed new XP computers in our K- lower school lab In the morning all is fine with a restart boot and we are able to use all of the software that these students use in the lab I am losing connection to the mapped drives The first class to use the lab has no problems When the second class comes to XP Error)??? Mapping (Security Issue Server in after to minutes idle time they cannot connect to the software the class before them was using I can see the mapped drive in My Computer G server shared folder XP Mapping to Server Issue (Security Error)??? there is not a red X showing loss of connection However a message will come up eventually telling me that G is not accessible If I double click on the G drive in My Computer I will eventually get the following message quot The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you quot If I reboot all is well until we try to get back into the application after someone has finished their lesson We even have seen a few computers freeze during the lesson while using the application I have two servers that has been mapped one is a Windows and the second one is Windows The XP has been updated to XP Version Lawrence nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-mapping-to-server-issue-security-error.321106/
Relevancy 52.89%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 48.59%

We have a mixed-mode domain Windows Server is our primary domain controller Exchange server where Active Directory administration is executed We have users home directories mapping using built-in AD functionality to map a home directory not via a login script We set it up by going to Active Directory Users and Computers User Name Properties Mapping To Directories Mapping Home Parent Properly Users - Directory) - (domain's Xp Not Directory Profile Home folder We have drive H set up to connect to fileserver users username which is each user s home folder Regularly for users of Windows XP only we see this folder being mapped to fileserver users during some Windows sessions which non-network administrators cannot access As a result they see quot Access Denied quot when trying to go into their H drives This poses a problem for saving and accessing files but also because we have Xp - Home Directories Not Mapping Properly - Mapping To Parent Directory (domain's Users Directory) WordPerfect s backup folder set to the user s H drive and when WordPerfect can t find it it tells the user their backup folder can t exist which makes people wonder why they are getting an error message and what to do When this happens I can go into ADUC and check the user s profile and see that their home folder is supposedly still pointed at the right place However when actually mapping it mismaps to the parent directory I would say this happens once every two weeks for me or perhaps more often for some users I wrote a little batch file to unmap drive H and remap it properly that each user can run if they need to but once in a while the batch file fails and this is just annoying Does anyone know of a solution or why Xp - Home Directories Not Mapping Properly - Mapping To Parent Directory (domain's Users Directory) this happens Thanks a Xp - Home Directories Not Mapping Properly - Mapping To Parent Directory (domain's Users Directory) lot Hotshot

A:Xp - Home Directories Not Mapping Properly - Mapping To Parent Directory (domain's Users Directory)

Try mapping the network drive on the user's computer via the command prompt, and then setting the /persistent flag to yes.

For example:

Log in as the end user on their Windows XP workstation. Open My Computer and disconnect the H:\ drive so that it goes offline and disappears from the My Computer window.
Open up the Command Prompt.
Map the network drive via the command prompt using the following commands:

net use h: \\fileserver\users\%username%

Then press [Enter] and wait for the command prompt to confirm success. Next set the /persistent switch for the mapped network drives.

net use /persistent:yes

Then press [Enter] and wait for the command prompt to confirm success. Open My Computer and confirm that the mapped home drive reference has been created. Restart the computer and check it again. If it switches out, there may be a script that is running at login or some other setting that is being pushed out via Group Policy that is interfering with the network drive mappings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88576/xp-home-directories-not-mapping-properly-mapping-to-parent-directory-domains-users-directory/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 46.87%

ok so i m forced to use this onscreen keyboard because my keyboard suddenly stopped working tried switching it with another one i know works and had the same problem with it so keyboard the working...not the issue. that is keyboard quit that rules out the keyboard it s self as having the issue tried a sys restore same prob tried reinstalling windows still have the problem i have a driver for my texas instruments keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. usb ports that is reading not successfully installed but i can t seem to find the driver it anywhere because they claim win installs it automatically but it obviously didn t i have tried switching usb ports tried pulling out the usb to the keyboard restarting then plugging back in and still have this issue can anyone please help ps not getting error messages and the keyboard claims quot this device is working properly quot Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. Model Stepping Processor keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer EM SM EM PM Antivirus None nbsp

A:keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue.

Hello, Are any lights visible on the keyboard? If so, and your keyboard is not working, Try adjusting the connector for your keyboard and check the wiring, especially, if your connecting wire is in a stressed position.( i.e. bend
or crooked)
Let me know if this post is was helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-quit-working-not-the-keyboard-that-is-the-issue.1093342/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters & behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didn’t work.

I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue-on-laptop-with-german-keyboard.782753/
Relevancy 46.87%

This laptop has extra buttons in left for multimedia, volume buttons etc. How do i enable them?

A:Asus N73SV keyboard

They should all ready be enabled. Try pressing the Fn key then what ever media key you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/208951-asus-n73sv-keyboard.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I really hate asking for help but I ve tried I can think of to fix it I have a PC Asus Problem EEE Keyboard EEE Asus HA-B laptop which is just under a year old It has Asus EEE PC Keyboard Problem been upgraded from Win Basic to Win Ultimate around the time that I got it and it s been fine since That is just some background information on my netbook I don t do anything much with it beside s inter net and school stuff Now you might be noticing the random twos scattered through my typing Yes I notice them too My two key is dead When I click it it doesn t do anything But when I am typing particularly R E and it pops up randomly I don t know what caused this It was fine before and now - not I pried off the keyboard took the ribbon off and reattached it as suggested by the sites I ve read online but it didn t help It s Asus EEE PC Keyboard Problem not a terribly bad problem per say just really annoying Especailly when I m trying to type a paper and I have to go back and de lete the two I have no idea what to do could you please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-eee-pc-keyboard-problem.1037023/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey,

This question may be totally newbie sounding but I just purchased an Asus laptop. The problem I'm having is that instead of typing out a closing speech mark, like " when typing shift & ' I instead get a @. Like wise, if I type shift & 2 I get "

Have I done something to switch the keys accidentally or is this a fault in the laptop?

I think this is the model information:-

MB ver: M51V
ID: 1A
87N0AS1335285288
M51V-AS045C

Not sure if that helps. But could someone possibly help me with this? I'm getting rather annoyed at all the problems which seem to be occuring on it.

Thanks in advance.

-Lascelle

A:Help with asus laptop keyboard

You may have it switched to European characters - try changing regions in Control Panel and if necessary use (left) Alt+Shift.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-asus-laptop-keyboard.113862/
Relevancy 46.87%

i have an asus g50v vista 64 bit About 15 of the keys produce multiple characters for ex, 'a' produces sda and spacebar produces z0 etc, Device Manager is showing 4 entries under keyboard; 1. keyboard device filter 2.microsoft ehome mcir109 keyboard 3.MS ehome mcir keyboard and 4.MS ehome remote control keyboard keys Any help appreciated Thanx Larry

A:Asus keyboard keystrokes

Remove all the keyboard entries in the device manager and reboot, letting Windows reinstall the keyboard driver...

Is you computer free from virus or other malware? Just curious

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-keyboard-keystrokes.131862/
Relevancy 46.87%

I've concluded there is some issue linking the PS port and the BIOS and it needs sorting please I've just put together the following i - K Asus P P gb Corsair XMS RAM Gigabyte ATI - all costing quite a bit of money and yet the whole sherbang is being let down by a keyboard issue The keyboard a MS Natural Multimedia plugged into the PS port works and has always worked to allow access to BIOS But once Windows Home Premium bit is loaded the device manager sees no keyboard So this is what is happening If I reboot and go back into BIOS I have the latest ASUS BIOS for this board and change the USB setting say from ENABLE to AUTO save changes and exit let Windows load behold the keyboard is there in DM and shows as a Standard PS Keyboard I have had the Intellitype drivers loaded but the DM doesn't seem to recognise the Keyboard by its MS official title it just stayed as a Standard PS Keyboard That is how I'm typing this message now Now if I you it, P8P67 see you now don't-ASUS Keyboard-now shut down the computer and restart the keyboard after Windows is loaded will cease to exist again until yes you've guessed it I shut down go into BIOS change the USB setting Keyboard-now you see it, now you don't-ASUS P8P67 it doesn't seem to matter what to and hey presto A recognised and working keyboard This is a problem thousands are having and we must be talking about a component that costs pennies to add to the MB and probably to fix so come on MS and or ASUS sort it please Keyboard-now you see it, now you don't-ASUS P8P67 After some further checking it would appear that a change to ANY setting in BIOS will Keyboard-now you see it, now you don't-ASUS P8P67 cause the KB to reappear in DM it's not specific to a change to USB settings

A:Keyboard-now you see it, now you don't-ASUS P8P67

Hi Pkiver and welcome to SF!
Your keyboard has a PS/2 connection, ie no connection whatsoever with changes of parameters USB in the BIOS. My guess: you have installed Intellytype Pro 8, which is support for USB keyboards, here's the problem. You must install version 7.1, which supports PS/2.
Hope that helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/168550-keyboard-now-you-see-now-you-dont-asus-p8p67.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Heyy everyone I wonder if anyone could help me USB VX6 3.0 and Keyboard problems Renesas Asus as I have just reinstalled windows on my Asus VX Netbook because I deleted the original partition by accident That was really stupid of me But ive managed to get all of the drivers installed But im having a problem with my USB driver I got from the Asus website They don't seem to either be working up to date or installing properly As when I go to device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark next to Universal Serial Bus controllers under Other Devices When I click on the device it says quot No driver is found for this device Code quot I cannot seem to find a solution to this problem I also cant seem to find any other sites with drivers for the Renesas USB Also since I have reinstalled windows I have not been able to use my function buttons i e The volume keys Asus VX6 Renesas USB 3.0 and Keyboard problems the touch pad lock the sleep key or the key to change between the integrated and discrete graphics I have tried reinstalling all the drivers for these two devices and also looked to see if there was an update for my bios but I cannot seem to find the solution Thanks in advance Brian

A:Asus VX6 Renesas USB 3.0 and Keyboard problems

as for the USB, simply download the drivers, unzip to a folder, then in device manager, right click on the device and select update driver... manually point it to the folder you unzipped and viola.... You most likely will have to do this twice, once you update the hub driver, it will then find the host usb controller and you'll want to follow the exact same steps to update that driver as well....

Download the most up to date driver here:http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...Z68DB&lang=eng

Even though it's an .exe file, you can unzip it easily with 7zip or winrar.. or simply run it and it will self extract (I prefer to do everything manually, my OCD I suppose)

As for the other keyboard functions, it sounds like you are missing some software that would most likely be provided by the manufacturer... I would look again at the driver site for your specific model, look for any keyboard, media key, etc driver/software....

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/205253-asus-vx6-renesas-usb-3-0-keyboard-problems.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I ve been using the asus px netbook for about a Asus 1015px Keyboard Problem year now and have not had any problems except for this one the keyboard of the netbook is Asus 1015px Keyboard Problem not working as it should be You see I ve been habitually plugging an external usb keyboard to the netbook since I find it easier to write with the external keyboard than that of the original netbook keyboard Now that I need to use the netbook without having to lug along the external keyboard I was surprised to find out that the some of the keys are not working However when I press the num lk key the keys Asus 1015px Keyboard Problem that won t work become okay the letter J won t work but Asus 1015px Keyboard Problem with num lk on I can type It s a bit of a bother since even when I access BIOS I have to plug the external keyboard I think the netbook s keyboard is fine and I m assuming there s just something wrong that I possibly did I ve reinstalled the ATK driver and reset the BIOS the forums I ve read advised it as a solution but none of what I did fixed the problem The one-year warranty is over so before I bring it for repair I would love to hear advise if there s anymore I can do Here are the netbook s system info btw Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC PE Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Asus 1015px Keyboard Problem

I forgot to add on the above post that I've also checked the keyboard layout settings and set it to English (US).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-1015px-keyboard-problem.1074420/
Relevancy 46.01%

recently my on asus g73sw the keyboard backlight went out so i assumed i could just go into the control panel and do a little searching and turn it back on the normal fn+f3 and f4 dont work and im lost any suggestions? I am using windows 7. additionally i can not turn my sound up with function keys either but i can turn my screen brightness up using the function keys. PLEASE HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-illuminated-keyboard-not-working-help.1079305/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all:

There was a coffee accident and now the keys are all sticky on a laptop that is barely six months old. Can you give me some pointers in the direction of clean/replace the keyboard on this model? It has the chiclet model keys.

Also, any "disassembly" instructions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-replace-keyboard-for-asus-s200e.1110616/
Relevancy 46.01%

all the keys stop working, touch pad works. Any ideas?

A:Asus v1j laptop keyboard not working

Have the keyboard replaced...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-v1j-laptop-keyboard-not-working.127455/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I purchased an asus u jc laptop notebook in May due to circumstances I opened the box in Oct a number of keyboard keys are not working very well Called ASUS support they suggested an ATK driver solutiion this mproved it a bit but it s still not working This problem looks like a partial hardware firmware driver problem After the ATK update there is currently some improvement but the current solution is drivinng many asus users crazy Instead of keys not workig at all they are displayed sometimes or often multiple times Corrections Asus u30jc keyboard problem are a little bit easier now no need to type a key or times to see it once but I had to corrrect this post about to times Any improvements suggestions What I did so far is goto support asus com website cllick downnload type your laptop type eg u jc selct search result eg u jc select operatig system eg winn select ATK driver select globbal nnot dlm version install the driver setup REsult is somewhat less prolematic but too many errors left Whe I type more slowly less problems otherwise much more prolems This looks like a serious ASUS laptop noteook prolem ASUS cannot deal with despite the fact it seems to exist for quite some Asus u30jc keyboard problem years Google Well other suggestionns the b n c and spacebar also a few other keys are very probblematic nbsp

A:Asus u30jc keyboard problem

Have the keyboard replaced...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u30jc-keyboard-problem.172969/
Relevancy 46.01%

asus eee pc 4g keyboard and mouse not working, i can plug in mouse and keyboard into usb and that works fine. also tried doing a factory reset i press f9 and it takes me to factory reset but one i enter yes to proceed it stays on that page for 10mins thn screen just turns black

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-eee-pc-4g-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working.1075588/
Relevancy 46.01%

My ASUS computer has decided to have the keyboard not respond to any keystroke activity. Funny thing is, however, that on start up, when the password box comes up, I can usually type the password. But once the program goes on into start up, the keyboard will not work. I've checked my virus and malware programs with no visible results. I'm at a loss on where to look next. Is this a software or hardware issue? Thanks to all responders.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I just got a Asus Chromebox that came with mouse and wireless keyboard. The mouse works fine but the keyboard is dead. Tried several times to sync by pressing the specific key, that is located side to on/off.

A:Solved: Asus keyboard that comes with Chromebox is dead

You need to contact Asus support: http://www.service.asus.com/#!warranty/c22lj

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-keyboard-that-comes-with-chromebox-is-dead.1132665/
Relevancy 45.58%

I run Win Pro SP on an Asus ASUS freezing mouse/keyboard A7V333 A V V with Bios AMD XP x MB ASUS A7V333 mouse/keyboard freezing Corsair PC RAM CAS Matrox G MB graphics card x GB Seagate Barracuda ASUS A7V333 mouse/keyboard freezing IV Via Hyperion -in-one V drivers Standard Win mouse and KB drivers I have Norton AV Agnitum Outpost Pro Firewall CPUidle and Diskeeper Workstation running in the background at all times Regularly my mouse ASUS A7V333 mouse/keyboard freezing freezes pulling the KB with it and only a reset brings the PC back to life Current mouse is an old Logitech Mouseman on PS I had the same problem before using an MS Intellimouse Explorer corded-optical as well as with the Logitech MX cordless-optical trying them both on USB USB and PS I have used all sorts of drivers for the mouse both from MS and Logitech but whatever I try that s mouse freezes Is it possible that the VIA drivers cause this problem and could I maybe re-install from scratch WITHOUT these VIA drivers This problem has been bugging me for over months now and other than replacing the MoBo I don t know what to do A similar thread was open a while ago but that did not bring any solutions Your help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:ASUS A7V333 mouse/keyboard freezing

Hi, also have an ASUS A7V333 rev 1.01 with logitech wheel mouse and a Logitech De Luxe Access PS2 keyboard running WinXPpro SP1.
I thought that my previous old cherry keyboard was broken and I bought this one but is the same problem...
I didn't know that anyone has had my same problem... but now I think that must be a bug somewhere.
Personally I did't have found a solution but I have noticed that if I press the keyboard bottons slowly and not together, I don't get the problem. If I press them nearly alltogether then the Key.+mouse freeze immediately...
If you're working, I have noticed that if you plug in an USB mouse, the system installs it immediatley and you can save your work and normal reboot with this mouse.
In my opinion this is a BIOS-MS-VIA-USB driver bug problem...
Is there anybody with ideas???
Trying changing Keyboard Auto-Repeat Rate and Delay in BIOS settings maybe can help...
Let me know!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v333-mouse-keyboard-freezing.8523/
Relevancy 45.58%

Took picture with Windows 8 Camera app. System crashed and rebooted automatically. Keyboard light will not work now. Does not respond to fn+f4 or f3. Brand new Q500A laptop.

Display brightness DOES respond to fn+f5 or f6. fn hotkeys work, just not keyboard light.

A:Win 8 Asus Q500A Keyboard light won't come on anymore

no one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-8-asus-q500a-keyboard-light-wont-come-on-anymore.1075598/
Relevancy 45.58%

Just got a new Asus X511C for my little brother and right out of the package it had a severe keyboard delay. At first, we just noticed it with minecraft, as it would take about 5-6 full seconds for his character to make any sort of response to his keystrokes. Then we noticed it with everything else. In need of serious help with this one. Here is a Reddit post I made with more details:

http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport...g_severe_keyboard_delay_on_brothers_new_asus/

Thank you for your help!

A:New Asus laptop has severe keyboard delay

Open Notepad and see if the typing is slow there too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-asus-laptop-has-severe-keyboard-delay.1116009/
Relevancy 45.58%

anyone have a manual or guide for these models or similar? a "gamer" notebook of few years back... my Keyboard seems to have winked out [how?] and need to disassemble...
I have searched all over Asus support [worthless], googled every which way... can't find anywhere.

has a few other issues also if any of you are experts on this one.

thx

A:Need svc manual Asus X83VB, N80Vb ? bad keyboard

Geekhack.org is the premier site for anything related to keyboards. Very detailed info.

You could look through the Wikis, do a search, or make a post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/231424-need-svc-manual-asus-x83vb-n80vb-bad-keyboard.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all..

Last week I had a new motherboard installed on my Asus Q500A laptop.
When I got it back the keyboard backlights no longer worked. This wasn't a problem before I sent it out for repair. Here is what I've done so far to try and fix it:

- Installed eleven different versions of the ATK package. v18, v22, v23, v24,
v25, v28, v29, v30, v31, v33, v34

- Reinstalled keyboard filter drivers

- Reinstalled Intel chipset drivers

- Reinstalled asus express cache and instant key utility

- Downgraded bios from 207 to 205, then back to 207. I don't know what
the bios on my old motherboard is.

- Installed a brand new keyboard. Thought maybe the old one was
somehow damaged when the new motherboard was installed.

I am running Windows 8.1 64bit.

Have I missed anything? What could be causing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-q500a-keyboard-backlights-not-working.1150038/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently bought a Dell computer that came with a HID Keyboard. I wan't to use the keyboard on my other computer which i think is an ASUS, however the multimedia keys fail to work at all, yet they work perfectly on my new Dell computer!

Please help, i've been looking around for software, driver updates and even played around with the computer registry with no amend.
i'm confident with computers however i lack the experiance, please give detailed instrustions. thanks so much!

A:Dell Keyboard not working properly on Asus computer

Welcome to Techspot.
The multimedia keys require special drivers for them to function.
You haven't stated that you installed them.
If you post all your keyboard specs (normally found on a sticker on the bottom), I'll try to help you find the appropriate drivers. If you post the computer specs (operating system, etc.), it would help also since drivers vary between operating systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-keyboard-not-working-properly-on-asus-computer.134541/
Relevancy 45.15%

Greetings. Got this annoying issue with my Asus X205TA laptop. Had it with Windows 8.1 and decided to upgrade it to Windows 10, once it got installed, as always, win10 downloaded and installed updated which caused BSOD on rebooting (0xc0000225 winload.efi). Tried to installed clean version of Windows 10/8.1 (Home / Single Language) but once it goes to initial installation window where you pick language/time zone etc - none of keyboard or touchpad are working.
Somehow managed to install Windows 10 while connected my usb keybo to laptop but it seems that it installed smth like "PC" version of windows on Asus X205TA as there's even no battery icon in tray. Ofc laptop keyboard/touchpad still not working lol, tried to play with device manager/drivers - no luck.

This laptop has 2 usb 2.0 ports btw.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51778-asus-x205ta-no-keyboard-touchpad-after-windows-8-1-10-installation.html
Relevancy 45.15%

whenever I type anything into anything (except a password section) there are certain keys that change where I type into the beginning of said line; I've gone through numerous virus scanners, driver scanners and anything I can think of to try and find out what the problem is, but nothing comes up. Apparently all is ok with it, according to them.
As well as this the scroll on my mousepad messes up every now and again, instead of scrolling down a webpage, it makes it flicker.
Thats the best I can describe it as; I'm not a computer wizz at all, but I need this fixed, else I'm screwed, so any help would be well appreciated!

A:Keyboard/mouse/scroll pad virus - Asus a6000

Did you spill any liquids at all one either the mouse or keyboard?

Try uninstalling both the mouse and keyboard and then reinstall.

Or, see if you can update the drivers by going to their respective manuafacture's website.

* Also, check to see if your connections are firm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-mouse-scroll-pad-virus-asus-a6000.111565/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I bought a new ASUS laptop a week ago. I was just watching something on Netflix and when I tried to decrease/increase the volume with the keyboard controls, it did not work. The mute button does not work either. Is there a way to fix this? I am hoping the three keys (mute/decrease/increase volume) are not working because I am supposed to change some settings.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Sincerely,

Esteban

A:Keyboard volume control not working on new ASUS laptop

Do these volume controls work with other PC audio? e.g. play an MP3 and see if they work.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/59898-keyboard-volume-control-not-working-new-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

keyboard and mouse do not work after startup has passed bios, keyboard light turns off, and mouse doesnt work at all.
Reall stuck what to do, please help

Relevancy 45.15%

when i turned on my laptop at first keyboard wasn't working to type my password then i rebooted my laptop, keyboard was fine to use to type the password but it wouldn't work for anything else. it's really frustrating typing onscreen.
please help. i already tried un-installing it n restarting it again ;(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-k52f-keyboard-stopped-working.1061180/
Relevancy 44.72%

So I woke up to my PC on but my Keyboard and Mouse are not working. I tried using different ports. I tried different mouse and keyboard. I tried restarting unplugged and plugged. I tried to run in safe mode to see if it was maybe a virus and still did not work. It only works on the Asus Express Gateway and I am using the web browser on it.

Any suggestions or any ideas to what could be causing this problem?

A:Mouse and Keyboard aren't working. Only in Asus Express Gateway.

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried going into the bios and seeing if the usb is enabled.
have you tried another keyboard or mouse,can you access system restore

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-and-keyboard-arent-working-only-in-asus-express-gateway-789866.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello!

I have a fairly serious issue on my hands.

2 days ago, my computer decided to stop taking input from anything (mouse, keyboard, and touch). I am unable to do anything past the Windows splash screen. Going into the BIOS shows that the computer is working normally, and my mouse, keyboard and touch screen work there without issues. I really hope I can get this thing working again, as I haven't backed up files to a cloud. Please help ASAP as I need my PC running!

Specs:

2012 ASUS Mobo
Intel i3-3200

Other things:

Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WHzULBD1328
BIOS Screenshot: http://m.imgur.com/a/OJNYe

Any help is appreciated!

A:ASUS PC Takes NO User Input (Keyboard, Mouse, and Touch disabled?)

When it crashes, does it respond to CD-ROM button or power button? Also, does a reboot fix it?

Last, what model computer is it exactly? Looks like a all-in-one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625067/asus-pc-takes-no-user-input-keyboard-mouse-and-touch-disabled/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi!
(First post in this forum)

I recently re-installed Windows 10 on my Asus X205TA notebook using the ISO on a USB stick.
It installed without a problem, but when I boot the computer now (first boot after installation),
the OS does not recognise the keyboard and the mouse, so I cannot enter the required data
to proceed to the next screen...

Had seen an old thread in this forum mentioning a similar issue on a desktop machine
but can't find that thread now.

Seems like the required drivers are missing, and I am thinking a re-install may be necessary,
but would anybody know how to get the keyboard and mouse drivers included (inserted?)
in the installation process?

Thanks in advance for comments...!

A:Win10 Install on Asus X205TA unusable: keyboard & mouse not recognised

A PS: I found an altogether non-technical solution, after it turned out that I was unable to get any information from Microsoft's website: I managed to trade in the Asus notebook in for an Acer notebook with Linux Mint on it. Not what I had in mind, but a computer that works beats one that doesn't want to work any time.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/33336-win10-install-asus-x205ta-unusable-keyboard-mouse-not-recognised.html
Relevancy 44.29%

ok this is a long rant but i have to let it out and i hope you all could give me advice plz I have dealt with asus over the weekend for hrs dealing with the idiocy of these people I have been on hold a minimum of to hrs i worked with at least different CSR's who have either read the wrong manuals issue ASUS their words gone over what connections belong where at least to times with each CSR passed along to supervisors who put me on hold and never came back i have talked to a manager about the situation who i told i expect to be compensated for all the aggravation they put me through and he asked me what I wanted and i replied with a tablet and he said he wouldnt qaurentee it but he would see what he ASUS issue could do I asked him if it would be possible to get a windows version of a tablet and he recommended a vivo again saying he will see what managemtent decides I then asked him when would ASUS issue i hear from him and he replied on tuesday so i waited until three PM and never recieved a phone call from him shocker there and i asked him if i didnt hear from him to call and ask from him which i did and was kept on hold for over an hour with very limited response I told these csr's they were idiots after having more than enough patience with them and i was sick of it After an hour of being on hold i hung up and called them back I asked for a supervisor and was given one who kept me on hold for to mins and finally got back on the phone and replied i am trying to work something out and help me out but he needed to put me on hold and i asked how long for and he stated mins A half hour went by until i hung up and called back I asked for another supervisor and he replied to me that the manager denied my request for a tablet I asked a few csr's and supervisors how they would feel if that was me and some replied they would be upset and not happy at all some wouldnt answer the question obviously coz they worked there as i told them they wouldn't answer me I dememanded to speak to this manager and they said they have no way of reaching him which i know was a crock of hit I then asked the supervisor where this manager worked and he replied corperate and i asked him for the number which he replied he didnt know but said he would get a message to him to call me tomorrow which i said to myself i know he wont so i asked the sup who i could contact that had access to him and could get him on the phone and they couldnt give me an answer so i told them I will be calling the better business bureau in the morning and he said that is my choice I plan on doing so in the AM I have tried to have as much patience with these idiots as much as i could lost my cool with them and swore at them telling them how dumb they are as i had it with them I have never been treated so badly before and have never heard anything like this i was lied to by so many different ppl before Sorry for my long rant but i had to get it out as i am very frustrated Could i please get some opinions from you all on what i should do Yuor opinions are greatly appreciated and wanted no matter what u think If i am so very wrong plz be gentle on ur comments thx

A:ASUS issue

Sorry but this should of been at the beginning of my rant. I was just pissed off at asus and verizon after both had trouble with their CSR as asus isnt too informative and verizon being on strike.

Ok, I will add a little more detail to my original post but in a more calmed manner. I was putting together my first build of a desktop PC and was excited to do it to prove to myself i could do it. I ordered my first 2 parts last monday and received them within 2 days which surprised me how quickly they came. So i went ahead and ordered the last few parts on Tuesday and everything else by Thursday except the RAM. I ended up putting together the complete thing within a short amount of time and saw why people enjoy building them coz it was fun. The only issues I ad was with the tiny pin connections for the fan, usb devices and some other things that I have forgotten at this time. I talked to a few places like amazon, new egg, forums, Best buy and a few local PC repair shops hoping to get some help from them but the all said you have to call asus and they all said good luck with that and i asked why. Just about all replied they are not too helpful and are hard to deal with.

When I got home, I called for some mobo help and after about 20 mins i got someone on the phone and he was willing to help me. He had me does over and over again with starting over 3 to 4 different times before he gave up. His supervisor got on the phone and was no help either. I went through these things about 7 times before they got it right. Picture all that and imagine the same thing happening with the drivers as well which brought me to my original rant. Hope this is a bit more clear now.

thx

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/asus-issue-277499/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good morning all...

I'm having trouble with some new RAM. My motherboard is an ASUS P5N-E SLI and it currently has (2) 1-Gig sticks of OCZ PC2-6400 installed. I just purchased 2 more sticks of OCZ PC2-6400 (OCZ2VU8002GK) but whenever I add both or just one I get a BSOD. Any ideas? Should I try flashing the BIOS? I saw that BIOS release 0901 adds support for different kinds of RAM.

Any help would be great. I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

A:ASUS P5N-E SLI Ram Issue

Flash the Bios, see what happens,

Passed that it would be faulty ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-ram-issue.119368/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Guys Have a real strange issue here I have an Asus X A Laptop running windows and my keyboard suddenly went crazy It started adding random characters when typing or added spaces between - and files - ASUS Desktop stopped Keyboard Icons working disappear!! Laptop each letter I was able to try a restart using ALT F but it would then not let me type anything ASUS Laptop - Keyboard stopped working - Desktop Icons and files disappear!! into my password box I wasnt able to cursor over the on-screen keyboard function I eventually got logged on by using a USB keyboard and Mouse which work fine Still getting spaces between letters when I type Even stranger when I click on ANY desktop item it will simply vanish I used msconfig to get a ASUS Laptop - Keyboard stopped working - Desktop Icons and files disappear!! safe mode with networking boot When I click on an icon then a dialog box saying 'Item Not Found' and then something about file transfer - try again or cancel If I select cancel the icon will vanish Even selecting items in folders will disappear I am assuming this a virus and any help at all will be greatly greatly appreciated Thanks ndonaldson

A:ASUS Laptop - Keyboard stopped working - Desktop Icons and files disappear!!

Try a system Refresh (if possible).
Open up Settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery. Then under "Refresh your PC without affecting your files," click the Get started button.

If you still can't do that, start a topic over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578269/asus-laptop-keyboard-stopped-working-desktop-icons-and-files-disappear/