Windows Support Forum

Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Q: Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 86.8%

HELP anyone..

I've been reading and reading every post I could find...and none say what to do when you can't get out of the error blue screen.

Here is my problem, I cannot get out of the blue screen (error screen) no matter what. I've tried F2,F8,F12 and everything. I can't even get it to start up in any of the safe modes?

Here is Error code:

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Tech:info;
***stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000,0x00000002,0x000000001,0xF8202A23)
** Ntfs.sys -adress F8202a23 base at f81f2000, dateStamp 45cc56a7

Like I said I can't get into the Laptop even in safe mode to try to disable anything at all and try to trouble shoot it.

Hope someone can help..
thanks
TONE

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 Error: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; stuck in blue screen

Forgot to add that this is a dell Inspiron 6000 that I've had for about 3 years now.

thanks
TONE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-error-driver_irql_not_less_or_equal-stuck-in-blue-screen.80656/
Relevancy 85.87%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 running XP Pro. This morning I received an error code M1004 (something about overheating) and the computer was frozen at that point. I cleaned out dust from the heat deck, as it was completely blocked with dust. I also did a hard shut-down then restarted, and all I get is a black screen with a blinking cursor. I can only use F2 or F12. I've tried running diagnostics with no help. I upgraded my BIOS with no luck. I also tried to run chkdsk from the XP repair module, and I'm getting a message saying that one or more volumes have unrecoverable errors. I also get a directory enumeration error when I try to use the dir command on the C drive. I'm trying to figure out what to do now, as I unfortunately didn't back up about 1 GB of pictures that I need to get off this hard drive. Please help. Thank you!

A:Black screen with blinking cursor & M1004 error code: Dell Inspiron 6000 with XP Pro

You can pull that drive out of the computer and put it on another computer as a Slave drive or buy yourself a USB enclosure and put the drive in there and you will be able to copy your pictures and any other valuable data. Then either buy a new drive (as this one may be bad) or put it back in and Boot off of the XP CD, Format and reinstall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-and-m1004-error-code-dell-inspiron-6000-with-xp-pro-401756.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I have read all the posts and ordered a new inverter. It was actually very easy to change the inverter, but alas. After changing the inverter the screen still goes 'black' after a few minutes. It actually goes very very dim. I can barely see the outline of things on the screen. So, if the inverter was not the problem, what is the next thing I can try?

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 Screen Goes Black

Have you tried running an external monitor? Is it normal or does it go dim too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-screen-goes-black.134979/
Relevancy 110.94%

I m not sure if I m posting in the right forum but I almost sure it is not hardware screen Dell Inspiron black 6000 blank related Dell Inspiron laptop Pentium M Ghz g HDD MB DDr SDRAM Dell Inspiron 6000 blank black screen ATI Mobility Radeon x I can boot into SET-UP and all works fine Booting up in normal mode it makes it past POST and the XP Splash screen then just goes black I can move the curser around and that is it Same thing is Safe Mode but I can see the quot Safe Mode quot borders in the corners and up top I hooked an external monitor to it and get the same results on it I went into boot menu and chose diagnostics and all passed even the inverter Was able to see all colors during the diag and as well on the Dell Drivers and Diagnostics CD I m running right now I found some similar problems by Googling but most said they didn t even make it to the splash screen or it works in safe mode but not normal mode so nothing that has a clear resolve of what I have here Thanks Terry

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 blank black screen

Update...
While running the Dell Drivers and Diagnostic Cd, during the the seek test on the hard drive, as it was almost done, I got a "Exception occurred in MODULE DISK.MDM! Warning: Error reading File! Press any key to abort" So I pressed a key and it rebooted, but now says the computer is missing the HDD. I went in Setup and Device Info/Primary Hard Drive, it says {none}, where as before it showed the 60G HDD.

I would not have thought a hard drive would have caused the first problem, or else it wouldn't have booted from the get go. Right?

Any ideas out there? Are the two issues one and the same? I would like to find out before I replace the HDD just to find out it still won't boot properly.

Thanks again for any help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324462/dell-inspiron-6000-blank-black-screen/
Relevancy 110.51%

Howdie Fixing this Inspiron for a friend Screen went black awhile ago so can just barely see the quot pattern quot of the wording Inspiron hd screen, blue read can't 6000, but when it boots in any mode it ends up Inspiron 6000, blue screen, can't read hd with a blue screen error but it s not clear enough to read Took the hd out and hooked it to my laptop through an enclosure My XP through computer management only can see the drive with the correct size etc but drive letter Explorer can Inspiron 6000, blue screen, can't read hd only see a small partition about mg that has some extraneous files and one folder named Dell The o s and data reside on the main partition which can t be accessed Also hidden is the Dell recovery partition I tried partition magic and about data recovery programs and none can see the o s partition From posts on the Inspiron 6000, blue screen, can't read hd net I get the impression that I should be able to see the partition by using my computer Anyone with a little insight for me Thanks Steve nbsp

A:Inspiron 6000, blue screen, can't read hd

Do you get a bright, clear view when you boot to SAFE MODE (cold boot then press the <F8> key repeatedly once per second after you press the on button), as that bypasses a lot of potential video graphics problems.
Reporting what you get in SAFE MODE helps us get a bit closer to a fix.
It can be a hard drive, video graphics driver, LCD screen inverter burned out (a likely cause), and some other issues.
Also, is your Inspiron 6000 a Celeron or Pentium? What is the age, and what has been the usage, of the hard drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-cant-read-hd.101072/
Relevancy 109.65%

My Dell inspiron 6000 laptop stopped working. It shut off while I was online and when I try to restart it, it goes to the start up screen (black, says dell in blue letters) then the whole screen goes black and stays that way. I left for an hour and came back and the screen was still black. I have held the power button down until it restarts and that didn't work, I have pressed ctrl+alt+del and that didn't do anything either. I have also run a diagnostics test and everything passed. I have run out of things to try. Can anyone help me?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-wont-start-up-screen-stays-black.157028/
Relevancy 109.22%

Hello My computer has been crashing quite regularly now and Norton malwarebytes and superantispyware have not detected anything Please forgive me if I am leaving anything out or breaching any forum etiquette as this is my first post Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Crashes, Blue Dell Screen 6000 Inspiron Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Blue Screen Crashes, Dell Inspiron 6000 Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Blue Screen Crashes, Dell Inspiron 6000 HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstallO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup dlbcserv lnk C Program Files Dell Photo Printer dlbcserv exeO - Global Startup QuickBooks Update Agent lnk C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MI Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MI Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MI Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MI Office REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button ... Read more

A:Blue Screen Crashes, Dell Inspiron 6000

Thank you very much for your time.The first log was done while in safe mode. I am currently running Windows XP 5.1 with service pack 3 The following log was conducted while not in safe mode:Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 11:25:40 PM, on 11/28/2009Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXEC:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exeC:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exeC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exeC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exeC:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exeC:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.7.2.11\ccSvcHst.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exeC:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.7.2.11\ccSvcHst.exeC:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exeC:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exeC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exeC:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exeC:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exeC:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\dwwin.exeC:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeC:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.comR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.comR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.localO2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dllO2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.7.2.11\IPSBHO.DLLO2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dllO2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274367/blue-screen-crashes-dell-inspiron-6000/
Relevancy 108.36%

Was functioning normally had just been using it then my cat sat on keyboard for several seconds immediately new tabs death screen Dell fix 6000 XP of to Windows Inspiron How blue I opened in Google Chrome were incognito only and if tried to open a new website on an already open not incognito screen that tab also switched to incognito apparently some setting got changed when cat sat on it nbsp Cleared cache closed Google and How to fix blue screen of death Dell Inspiron 6000 Windows XP reopened the issue continued nbsp Tried to reboot laptop but it wouldn t just nothing happened normally I have no problem rebooting So I did a shut down through the computer s shutdown function not manually nbsp It did shut down but when I booted it back up it got all the way to where my desktop should appear then the blue screen STOP c a Fatal System Error nbsp The Windows logon system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of Oxc Ox Ox The system has been shut down Have tried to boot up about times every time gets all the way to desktop then either that same blue screen code or this one STOP C Application error nbsp failed to initialize properly Oxc A ridiculously older laptop I know just needing it to hold out a bit longer until get get a new one nbsp Is there an easy fix nbsp It runs Windows XP is the other downside nbsp Thx if anyone can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990916
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 96.75%

I m having a problem with my Dell Dimension running Windows XP I have an g Maxtor HD as my main drive and a g WD secondary drive When I attempt to boot I get a blue screen with the message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is he first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again Screen Can't Black Blue (Standard Screen w/cursor Mode), boot then XP Windows Safe or follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen hardware vendorm for any BIOS updates Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF BB B xF E AO xF E AO FLTMGR SYS - Address F BB B base at F A DateStamp daAs far as the info in the message I see this screen with the same info everytime I rebooted As far as disk space my main drive is g aand I have about g of free space I m not sure if anything in the message refers to drivers Not sure how to change video adapters when I can t get into Windows Standard Mode or Safe Mode Also not sure how to deal with any of the BIOS suggestions or even know if it s a good idea to mess with it Again I cannot even boot to Safe Mode It takes me to the same Blue Screen message I have been able to boot from the CD I get to the Windows Setup screen it loads files It then says it s Starting Windows then takes me to the Windows XP Home Edition Setup It gives me the choices To set up Window XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R To quit Setup without installing Windows XP press F I pressed R and in the Recovery Console it shows C WINDOWSI press as this is the only Windows installation I have It then takes me to the Command Prompt C WINDOWS gt I have run CHKDSK and got this message The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked Use p if you want to check the volume anyway kb total disk space kb are available bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk I have also run CHKDSK r and it found and fixed one or more errors After I exited and tried to reboot from the HD and got the same BSOD with same message I don t know if this is a virus or hardware software problem I do have Malwarebytes Anti-Virus and Norton on the PC but without Windows XP I m not sure how to run them I have also booted from Hirems Boot CD and have run all the hardware tests checked HDs memory video etc I could and have found no problems Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Dave

A:Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen

mod bump

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385215/cant-boot-windows-xp-standard-or-safe-mode-black-screen-wcursor-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 94.6%

New to the thread.... not sure if i'm posting right, soo correct me if u want =)
Anyway.. yesterday I turned my computer on and got the screen "Sorry for the convenience blah blah blah... Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode...ect.
I chose Start Windows Normally, which did indeed start windows normally, but I wasn't sure what caused this problem in the first place, so i ignored it. I turned my computer off.

Later i turned my computer back on and was confronted by another screen, this time a Blue screen.. A Stop error, can't exactly remember the error, but said something about "memory dump'...
I eventually got avoided a problem with this screen and got into windows.. However this morning, when i turn the computer on, I was forced to use 'Last Known Good Configuration"

Whats going on? I did scans on Norton, Adaware & Spybot.

Please help!!

A:Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

Hi Kirstie, computers are great when they work huh? These stop errors and blue screens of death can have many causes. Sometimes they occur when a computer is getting older and some piece of hardware is going bad, like a memory stick for instance. Other times these errors occur after installing a new program or doing a windows update. They can be quite difficult to pin down sometimes as well. I would be glad to help you find the cause of the error if you will answer a few questions for me. By answering these questions I should be able to determine the cause and help you to correct it.

Here are some questions for you to answer that will help me. Just answer them the best you can and if you dont know an answer its ok. If you already answered anything I'm asking in your first post just skip over it.

1). What kind of computer do you have? Laptop? Desktop? Dell, HP, Ect?
2). Whats your level of experience? Novice, intermediate, expert, or dont know squat?
3). What operating system are you using? Xp Home or XP Pro?
4). What antivirus are you using? Are you using a firewall?
5) Please tell us a little about your computer. How old is your computer? What size Hard drive does it have?, processor, ram, Bios ver. Ect.
6). Do you have an Xp disk for this computer?
7). Does your computer have a floppy drive, CD drive, Ect.?
8). Do you have access to another working computer with an internet connection?
9). Did you noticed this problem occuring after installing anything recently?
10). Has your computer done a windows update recently?
11). Have you made any changes to the computer recently? Hardware or software?

and anything else that might help us help you. Remember we are trying to help from a forum so all we have to go on is what you can tell us.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu when your computer is working correctly and you are through with this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-black-screen-stop-error-code-520585.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello I'm new here and I so hope someone can help me since I'm not the sharpest computer tool in the shed Screen,Blue Internet Screen,Error..HELP!! Explorer-Black This issue has started happening and I have no clue I have cleared cookies history etc but that hasn't worked Here's Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!! the deal When I click Internet Explorer Icon of my desk top or go to start programs etc to open Explorer it seems as if it's going to open then the screen goes black for a second then a blue screen comes up and says quot An error has occured ctrl alt delete to restart click any key to continue to windows etc you know the one Well the error is this D FA I can click any key and return to desk top Can someone please help me The only way I'm able to be here is thankfully I have JUNO as my ISP and they have their own browser window Also in checking mail for instance in Hot Mail if I clicked a link in an e-mail to go to a certain page same thing black screen blue screen error etc It would be wonderfull if someone could maybe e-mail me step by step what I might could do xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx Thanks Carmen

A:Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!!

Need more info.. Win98, ME. 2000, XP? SP1, SP2? What version of IE you are running? Post the full error message if you can. This would be helpful to an assistor. There is a fatal error somewhere but without this info it isn't likely anyone can help locate a fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-black-screen-blue-screen-error-help-43600.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Here is the rundown blue screen screen and black error help of what happened in sequence maybe someone could help me When I started up my Toshiba black screen and blue screen error help laptop windows vista home premium -bit computer it booted until it got to the login screen Then a c error popped up preventing me to login I have attatched the image of the error I would have to click ok a black screen and blue screen error help few times for it to go away to login and I deleted the latest program I had on my computer which was a computer game When i turned on my computer the following day it appeared again so uninstalling the game did not fix it This time I decided to restart it again but this time it went to a black screen before the login screen So I restarted again in safe mode it would load the drivers and it would freeze before login on the black screen After restarting again I was prompted to do a system repair which I went ahead and did but my OS did not appear for the actual repair After it was finished it said it could not fix the problem So I restarted again and this time I decided to do a driver check and when the tests were done my computer went to the Blue screen of death then restarted Now it is just a pattern Now I tried F to no avail I have no vista disk Maybe someone knows how to fix it Get back to me as quick as you can nbsp

A:black screen and blue screen error help

what is on the bsod

run the dos diagnostic on the hard drive

http://storage.toshiba.com/storage-services-support/warranty-support/software-utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-and-blue-screen-error-help.1078235/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows XP installed I have the laptop since April Yeasterday I left boot screen - Inspiron Black Dell after 9400 the laptop in stand-by for about hour when I got back the screen was black and could not be revived in any mode I have switched off the PC by pressing the power button until power went off When I try to start the laptop the Dell logo would come on with a weird pattern of green dots in the back ground then the usual XP logo would come on still green dot pattern all over the screen and then the screen would go blank I have ran all the available system diagnostics for Memory Harddisk and system componenents at start-up and they all passed In addition the laptops power sources are working well Then I have run the genuine Dell-XP CD Rom and run the Repair Installation option This would run normally Dell Inspiron 9400 - Black screen after boot and even the screen was normal until after the first Boot request Then rebootet the PC and configuration would go on for about minutes then the screen just blanks out again Please help I need some fresh ideas on what else I could do nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 9400 - Black screen after boot

you got it in April, 2007? is less then a year. don;'t u still have Dell support and/or warranty coverage to try? (though, granted, dell support can be its own problem sometimes) ,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9400-black-screen-after-boot.100029/
Relevancy 91.16%

My Dell 1720 Laptop (Vista) had the following error:
The file header checksum does not match the computer checksum

I tried to restore to factory settings F11 but the laptop wouldn't let me.

Tried to restore from Dells disk but the computer wouldn't load the restore disk.

Now the computer on startup has a black screen and will not boot up. None of the F keys will work. Keyboard was working fine until this error.

I decided to purchase a new hard drive. Installed the new drive and the computer is doing the same thing.

Any ideas?

A:Dell Inspiron 1720 Black Screen Will Not Boot

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) What do you mean the "laptop wouldn't let you" restore to factory settings?

3) What do you mean it "wouldn't load the restore disk"?

4) You replaced the drive and now have a blank hd in the system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410097/dell-inspiron-1720-black-screen-will-not-boot/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a dell inspiron laptop 8000 model no, pp01x.
When I turn on my computer;the Dell sign comes on but the screen goes blank.
When I hold a flashlgiht to the screen, I can see the screen.
nothing loads and when my options appear(safe mode, last configuration, or regular mode) nothing happens if I press anyone of them. It just keeps restarting.

A:dell inspiron 8000 black screen/no boot

u can try connecting an external monitor from a desktop if u have one or borrow one and see if that monitor shows anything without problems.it sounds to me that your monitor on the laptop has gone bad.. the led modules that light it up have gone bad or your video card might be bad.it could also be that the motherboard or hard drive is failing.usually if just the monitor is bad it should load up with no problems.hope this helps u.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-8000-black-screen-no-boot.907586/
Relevancy 91.16%

Dell Inspiron 24 3455 only has a black screen when I turn it on. No sound, no curser and solid amber light. The graphics test button works.  I have no clue what to do now.

A:Dell Inspiron 24 3455 black screen on boot

The rear has an HDMI out port. Connect it to an external monitor via an HDMI to HDMI cable. Then, press the Input source selection button above the power button and choose HDMI out. Does the image appear on the external monitor?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993433
Relevancy 90.3%

Edit - Solved I had to delete all the partitions instead of installing to Laptop Dell Black Inspiron (Boot Screen) Solved: over an existing Partition before reinstalling Windows I have a laptop with a similar problem to this Dell Inspiron Windows installed On startup a similar error message to this Intel UNDI PXE- build Copyright C - Intel Corporation This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents US US US US US and US Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v Click to expand Things I tried Hardware diagnostics both the short and quot full quot tests No problems found Loading windows disc sent from dell and doing startup repair Doesn t find any problems Using command prompt and Solved: Dell Inspiron Laptop (Boot to Black Screen) using all the bootrec commands including following instructions on Microsoft website on how to rebuild the MBR etc Doing a system restore to an earlier date Pressing F or ctrl F - Doesn t work Finally attempting to reinstall windows When reinstalling windows I picked the partition with the biggest space where the OS was installer formally After reinstalling the computer restarts and nothing happens still a black screen with the vague message above regarding PCIe FE Family Controller series Tried formatting again the partition and formatting again same problem windows restarts and acts like windows install didn t go through Anyone have any ideas Do I need to pick the partition to boot to somehow I tried looking at all the boots settings and the setup but nothing noticeable shows Finally Solved: Dell Inspiron Laptop (Boot to Black Screen) the laptop is only three months old so it s not that old actually Any help will be appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

I came across a Dell Inspiron N Everytime I turn it on from goes screen 17R right blue to boot N7010 Inspiron Dell the Dell symbol comes on then the bar goes around and fills then it should start to load windows vista Well when it starts to load Vista it stops and give me a blue screen that says different errors Dell Inspiron 17R N7010 from boot goes right to blue screen almost every time it does this The last Dell Inspiron 17R N7010 from boot goes right to blue screen time the error said something like Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQAL and it also game me a crap load of stop error codes here is one of them x x FFF x x BAD BD x Now I know these are stop error codes from doing some research but I can't fix them using that windows tool because I can't get into windows at all lol sorry frustrated I kept reading about a windbgtool or something similar and they would direct people to do things from the desktop when windows is on and working Well I can't get passed it and I'm totally stumped on where to go from here The inspiron N has an i processor which is pretty nice and I have gb of DDR mhz ram and a gb SSD to go with it to so it would be a nice working laptop if I could get past this blue screen problem Someone please help me Jason

A:Dell Inspiron 17R N7010 from boot goes right to blue screen

Hello Jason9922,

I am from Dell Social Media and Community.

Follow the link below to find the steps to run a basic hardware test. If you receive any error code, please associate it to the list given to confirm any hardware failure.

Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA) Diagnostics and Error Codes For Dell Computers | Dell

If all the tests pass, follow the link below to fix bluescreen issue.

Computer Does Not Boot to Microsoft Windows XP | Dell

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I will be glad to assist.

Dell-Niranjan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dell-inspiron-17r-n7010-from-boot-goes-right-to-blue-screen-667932.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a dell inspiron It s giving me the blue screen and last time this happened I just quot repaired quot windows xp using my cd This time when I go to the setup screen in page quot Boot order quot at the top of the boot devices it says quot Configure Setup is disabled quot The boot order is Internal HDD then CD DVD CD-RW Drive then diskette drive then modular bay hdd cardbus NIC APR NIC and last Mini-PCI NIC I just want to move CD to st but I can t quot u quot and quot d quot to move devices up and down screen, from blue can't cd inspiron 8100, boot dell is locked Up and down arrow does not move the highlight up and down like it should so I dell inspiron 8100, blue screen, can't boot from cd can t hit enter or spacebar on the one I want CD Right and left arrows do nothing The only commands that do anything on this screen are Esc which obviously escapes out of the setup and dell inspiron 8100, blue screen, can't boot from cd Alt-P changes to the next page but that doesn t dell inspiron 8100, blue screen, can't boot from cd help And PgDn and PgUp which just moves the right side up and down which is just for information purposes It is a Dell Inspiron U Setup and BIOS Version A Any suggestions nbsp

A:dell inspiron 8100, blue screen, can't boot from cd

any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8100-blue-screen-cant-boot-from-cd.69943/
Relevancy 89.44%

My Dell 14z 5423 will no longer boot. The keyboard lights turn on but then nothing happens. The screen is blank. If I remove the ram the computer gives out 2 beeps. If the ram is inside nothing happens just a blank screen. 
If someone knows how to fix this please let me know.

A:Dell Inspiron 14z 5423 Two beeps will not boot screen blank, black

Has this issue ever been fixed?  This is exactly what mine does now.
I'm ready to forget about and buy something new, but would like my pictures, etc off my laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19568399
Relevancy 89.01%

it says:
intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 083)
copyright© 1997-2000 intel corp.
This product is covered by one or more of the fallowing patents:
US5, 307, 459,   US5, 434, 872,   US5, 732, 094,   US6, 570, 884,   US6, 115, 776   AND
US6, 327, 625

Realtek PCIe FE family controller series v1.24 (10/07/10)
PXE-E61; Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE-ROM.
reboot and select proper boot device or
insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key

iv tryed testing everything in f12 and changing a few settings i found on the web... nothing
seems to be working, help please i need this fixed to finish homework.

-

A:black screen pxe-e61 error for inspiron n5050 windows 7

Hi nombie88,
Please run the diagnostics to confirm the hardware functionality. Here are the steps for it:

Tap the F12 key on startup.
Use the Arrow keys to highlight the Diagnostics option. 
The Diagnostics starts running the quick test without waiting for user input.
To select a specific device to test, you can tap the Esc key.
Please make a note of any error message that appears on the screen, also make sure that you note down the validation code too.
Once quick test completes, please run a thorough test on the hard drive by selecting the 'Thorough' under Test Mode option.
Please make a note of end result of diagnostics. 

If the diagnostics pass, lets check if the hard drive is getting detected. Here are the steps to check that: 

Boot to BIOS, by tapping the F12 key on the startup.
Please check under the Main tab, if the hard drive is getting detected as shown in image below:

Please share the findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19499402
Relevancy 89.01%

I m trying to fix a friend s computer It s a Dell Inspiron laptop I can t give more detailed specs because it s not in front of me The problem is that after about seconds after powering on the screen goes dark It happens no matter what - either a normal boot or after 30 seconds screen blank laptop 6000 goes Dell Inspiron a boot straight into BIOS The screen goes completely dark but the power LED stays lit Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop screen goes blank after 30 seconds Obviously the problem isn t with the LCD backlight because the BIOS screen appears fine although it doesn t stay on I don t think the problem is with power either because we were running it off AC and the indicator light on the power supply stayed on Plus the power LED stays lit and according to the BIOS the battery is at It happens to consistently to be a loose wire or bad connection I have been checking out the different BIOS options although it is hard when the screen keeps failing I don t see anything that could cause this My theories not that I am an expert at all is it could be some kind of a screen saver or power management feature that keeps shutting down the monitor to save the screen or power Or a temperature issue By the way are screen savers even necessary on a laptop Or perhaps the problem is with the monitor switching feature - we re going to try hooking it up to an external monitor to see what happens So what s going on and how do I fix it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-6000-laptop-screen-goes-blank-after-30-seconds.855703/
Relevancy 88.58%

My computer has power, but will not respond to F8 or F12.  No curser, nothing but black screen.  No beeping for codes.  Fans runs real loud.

A:My Dell Inspiron 530S, with Vista OS will not boot, black screen, fans running

Do you have a CD in the drive by chance? USB stick plugged in?
Has the machine been dropped or hit or fluids spilled on it?
Any power surges lately while machine was connected to power?
Try reseating your RAM. It should be fairly easy to do. Google it if you have difficulties.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558264/my-dell-inspiron-530s-with-vista-os-will-not-boot-black-screen-fans-running/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi

My Dell Inspiron 15 laptop repeatably beeps on start up with black screen and does not boot the only way to stop it is remove power and battery then try again.
After several failed attempts it will boot
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Gary

A:Dell Inspiron 15 laptop repeatably beeps on start up with black screen and does not boot

Hi Gary,
I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the system switches ON.

Switch off the computer.
Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
Remove the battery from the computer.
Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to turn on the system.

If the system is not switching ON please connect the external monitor and check if the system is switching ON then I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

Turn on or restart the computer.
Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the <F12> key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
At the One Time Boot menu, press the <Down> arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press <Enter> to begin the hardware Diagnostics.
Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.

Since the Dell Inspiron 15 laptop computer emits a series of beeps during start-up if the LCD cannot display errors or problems. Please let me know the number of beeps you are receiving during startup as
Let us know your findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19601625
Relevancy 88.58%

My friends Inspiron One Desktop has been Black Desktop After 2330 Screen Boot Dell One Changing Option Inspiron experiencing problems with the display I changed one of the boot options to boot to hard drive now the computer boots in a black screen and nothing appears It just stays in a black screen The allows you to put hdmi in So Dell Inspiron One 2330 Desktop Black Screen After Changing Boot Option i connected my PS to the computer and switched into HDMI mode and the screen was working find Now i was trying to remove the Dell Inspiron One 2330 Desktop Black Screen After Changing Boot Option graphics card from the desktop but it is soldered into the motherboard I tried resetting the CMOS to reset the the BIOS but still nothing is displaying on the screen I detached the hard drive and booted it up and still the black screen If there is a method i should try please let me know Like I said before the screen was working find Until I had changed a setting in the the BIOS screen Thanks for your support if you can help or interested in helping me

A:Dell Inspiron One 2330 Desktop Black Screen After Changing Boot Option

Do you get any indicator lights that the system is booting besides a black screen?

Are there any lights on the monitor?

Try shining a light to the screen what do you see?

Pressing the screen side buttons for menu does the online display come on?

Try resetting the bios once more. This time completely remove the power cord and press the power on button to clear any voltages left in the system, then clear the cmos/bios pulling the battery. Put the battery back in and reconnect the power and boot it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601287/dell-inspiron-one-2330-desktop-black-screen-after-changing-boot-option/
Relevancy 88.15%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 87.72%

Well my friend has a laptop and she randomly started having problems with it one day I took a look at it and this is what happens i press power it boots up to when it finishes loading windows and then starts some system recovery thing and just goes to the blue screen o o i tried to boot it up in safe mode didn t work does the same thing i tried to boot it from all the different options there were debugging safe mode with network etc etc and still it goes goes straight of Blue Inspiron Screen Dell Death to boot Laptop on to blue screen she doesn t mind reformatting but really needs her files on the HDD im pretty sure its some random virus thing but how do u remove it w o being able to boot Dell Inspiron Laptop goes straight to Blue Screen of Death on boot into ur actual account O O specs abt laptop Windows Vista OS Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X GB configured with a single RPM SATA hard drive APPRECIATE THE HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-laptop-goes-straight-to-blue-screen-of-death-on-boot.791997/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi, I'm a new member. My Dell is 7 years old. When I turn it on it starts booting. There's a pinkish tint on the screen with the wihdows logo. It starts to boot and you can see the shadow of the system appearing in thebackground but then goes completely black, Has someone resolved this problem? Would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks

A:Dell Insprion 6000 black screen

With it booted up (even though you can't see it), if you shine a flashlight sideways onto the screen, can you see that the desktop is there but very dark?
If so, there are two possible problems; the inverter has gone bad or the ccfl bulb in the display. LCD's have a flourescent lightbulb which looks like a piece of spaghetti inside the LCD. The inverter is what powers it ($5). The LCD is more.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-15-4-DE...680?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a52dfbc90

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-insprion-6000-black-screen.1050799/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello all I have boot after blue logo ) Black ( screen not a problem obviously with my computer This computer is a new rig and even though i've been having Blue screens of Death at the beginning fixed through forum troubleshooting everything's been running perfectly Here are Black screen ( not blue ) after boot logo the specs to my computer running Windows Pro MOBO Asus p z -V PRO CPU Intel i- k RAM x gb cl Gskill Ripjaw i had but one of them was faulty so it was removed SSD Samsung gb OS Windows pro x HDD WD Caviar Black tb Heatsink Noctua NH-D PSU Antec HCP gold GPU MSI Radeon Twin FROZR i have a spare GeForce GT which i will get into details later My monitor is a Xstar quot p It has been running on overclock from hz to hz without any problems Now to the problem I've been having MAJOR problems with my WiFi The wifi adapter is the intergrated one from the Mobo WiFi Go which only has ghz So i was trying to find out how i could make my computer compatible with ghz I moved the case and i think the Dual DVI cable on the graphic card might have pulled just a bit and i see a popup on my monitor at the bottom right corner saying quot Display Driver has failed but recovered quot or something very similar Next thing i know my peripherals dont work anymore Screen seems frozen but i dont know for SURE that it was frozen might be just my peripherals that stopped working because i can't remember if there was an animated image still moving or not in one of the opened windows it's all very blurry at this point From what I know and what I can see with verifications made later on i don't think any updates have been done and no drivers were updated So I hard reset my computer and whadda ya know Windows logo shows and right after when i'm supposed to get the logon screen the monitor just turns black So i reset a couple of times and every time is the exact same problem The screen just goes black after the boot sequence Heres what i tried - Tried restoring from a restore point Didn't work - Tried in safe mode Computer boots up and works - - Tried uninstalling graphics drivers OK - - Tried reinstalling the drivers but the card was not recognized and the only way to get the drivers for my card is with an auto-detect from AMD So that didn't work - - When reebooting the computer screen goes black again - Tried reseating my card Didn't work - Tried the second DVI slot on my card Didn't work - Tried taking out the card and plugging a second monitor p because the korean one was not compatible with the iGPU to the intergrated gpu The computer boots up fine - I call ASUS customer support I explain the situation and the guy tells me to RMA my graphics card Which i do and I send it away Now I could've stopped there but since i JUST got into my weeks vacation from work and wanted to use a bit of that time to play a few games on the computer I tried running them with the iGPU As expected it it was barely acceptable for a low-end graphics game I then remembered I had another GPU GeForce GT in an older computer I gave to my girlfriend for her work Knowing it wasnt gonna be much improvement I still decided to try it out So i plug it in connect my p monitor to it And then that's when I realized that the GPU i sent back for RMA was NOT the problem Because it did the exact same thing for this GPU So i tried reinstalling the drivers for the Gefore which this time the install worked because it's not an autodetect but the problem was not solved Still a black screen I try to look around in forums some more and I can't seem to find anything that is like my situation I read somewhere that it was recommended to run Chkdsk f r or something When I did that in Safe Mode with networking it said it couldnt do it right away So it prompted me to ask if I wanted to schedule it on next startup To which I said yes Good god I inflicted myself another hours and an overnight of troubleshooting I was not able to reboot my computer and cancel the chkdsk because it was stuck at I reboote... Read more

A:Black screen ( not blue ) after boot logo

From my experience, a black screen (right before entering windows) usually points to a graphics issue. Things to try:

Reset BIOS to defaults
Make sure BIOS graphics is set to use PCI-e (not onboard or integrated)
(The above assumes your monitor is connected to the PCI-e card)
If no good, move the monitor cable to the onboard/integrated graphics port (if available) on the mobo and set BIOS accordingly

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/28858-black-screen-not-blue-after-boot-logo.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Sorry if this post is wrong forum seemed the most appropriate The machine boots normally to the windows login screen then when I login with either of the users boot? every Happening on blue) Screen (not Black accounts that were originally on this machine the screen goes black I can see the curser I am able to launch task manger I was able to create a temporary user that brought me to a windows desktops I must have had some corruption on my harddrive as Black Screen (not blue) Happening on every boot? the machine requested a chkdsk witch I ran don't believe it actually made any corrections tho The weird thing is that I was able to get it to boot once to my normal profile after several reboots via task manger The last thing that I did to get to work the one time was fix a driver issue with my fingerprint scanner My suspicion is that there is corruption in my registry the only thing that seems to show in the event log is Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name MSVCR dll version time stamp x dcdd Exception code xc d Fault offset x a Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cef bc f b Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path C Windows WinSxS amd microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none e e fab MSV CR dll Report Id df e - af- e - d - f b Leading up this event Windows license validated Event ID Source Winlogon The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event Event ID Source Winlogon SkypeUpdate service is shutting down due to idle timeout Source SkypeUpdate Event ID Service stopped Source SkypeUpdate Event ID After explorer exe fails to load I get the APP CRASH event Fault bucket type Event Name APPCRASH Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P Explorer EXE P P d ee P MSVCR dll P P dcdd P c d P a P P Attached files C Users jon AppData Local Temp WER AA tmp WERInternalMetadata xml These files may be available here C Users jon AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive AppCrash Explorer EXE a bbda ec f f c d a c b a a dae e f Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id df e - af- e - d - f b Report Status System is a Lenovo w Windows Pro

A:Black Screen (not blue) Happening on every boot?

doesn't seem to be happening on every boot but this guys is in the log too.

Event ID: 1530
Source: User Profile Service

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.
DETAIL -
11 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-3285413946-2002120742-3649322505-1003:
Process 828 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\lsass.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-3285413946-2002120742-3649322505-1003
Process 828 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\lsass.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-3285413946-2002120742-3649322505-1003
Process 5620 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lenovo\tvt_reg_monitor_svc.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-3285413946-2002120742-3649322505-1003
Process 5620 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lenovo\tvt_reg_monitor_svc.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-3285413946-2002120742-3649322505-1003
Process 828 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\lsass.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-3285413946-2002120742-3649322505-1003\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Disallowed
Process 828 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\lsass.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-3285413946-2002120742-3649322505-1003\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My
Process 828 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\lsass.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-3285413946-2002120742-3649322505-1003\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\CA

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314623-black-screen-not-blue-happening-every-boot.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi all Apologies if this is in the wrong section I'm new to this forum My Dad got a Windows computer about a month ago and up til now it has worked okay Today when he turned it on all he got was this screen Attachment Sorry the quality is poor I had to use my iPod camera Basically the whole screen is just black with the blue bar along the bottom and the two icons in the bottom right corner a HP help icon which doesn't seem to do anything and a Norton scanner icon The computer has been stuck at this point for about half an hour now and doesn't seem to want to load any further Does anyone know what the problem is and how if it can be fixed I think he said he's going to take it back to Harvey Norman tomorrow but I would like to know what has happened if possible he's the sort of person who downloads all sorts of rubbish but since it won't start I can't see what he's downloaded to try to work out what may have caused it if indeed it was caused by something he did Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8 - Won't Boot Up (black screen with blue bar)

It's hard to tell, it could be a graphics card failure, it could be a corruption of a program, it could be corruption of video drivers, it could even be malware.

Since it's an HP, you should be able to run the onboard diagnostics. Try tapping "Esc" as it first boots - that should get you to the screen for the key to launch the diagnostics. FYI - if you can see this screen OK, then it's probably a software problem (IMO).

You could also try these free, bootable diagnostics (again, if you can see the screen, it's probably a software problem): Initial Hardware Diagnostics FYI - the bootable antivirus disks can be used to see if this is related to an infection.

Good luck!

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/17071-windows-8-wont-boot-up-black-screen-blue-bar.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Which file is displayed at bootup in XP Pro?
(black background, with the blue 'rolling' bar)
I've seen some (like mine) that only say: XP (but it is XP Pro).
Others say: XP Professional.
Is it just a .BMP or what?

A:Which file is the black XP boot-screen with the blue bar?

Its been a long time since I've tried meddling with boot up screens. But if I recall correctly, its a 256 color bmp embedded in the ntoskrnl.exe. To modify it you need a hex/resource editor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-file-is-the-black-xp-boot-screen-with-the-blue-bar.33307/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am using a new non-refurbished Dell Inspiron laptop with Core i and windows I have had this problem for a while that the computer suddenly shows Blue 3521 15 ERROR screen Dell Inspiron a blue screen with error written on it and after memory dump it has to be restarted Of late this problem has become more common occuring once or Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Blue screen ERROR twice in every hour of use NO I HAVE NOT INSTALLED ANY NEW HARDWARE LATELY Please help Crash dump report showed following report On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x A x E x x xFFFFF BB Error IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE LEVEL The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time

A:Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Blue screen ERROR

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.w
hen scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543359/dell-inspiron-15-3521-blue-screen-error/
Relevancy 87.72%

Please find attached my ZIP file as per your instructions for Blue Screen Error

Also system information file is stored as a .docx file

This is a standard Dell Inspiron, I have not made any changes to the system files, other than all the usual windows update and Mcafee antivirus is preloaded.

I use Windows Live for my Email.

Explorer for browing.

My details:

Ashwin Gupta
India
Ph: + 91 9899999290
ashwin1@hotmail.com

A:Blue Screen Error on Dell Inspiron System

Please set your pagefile back to defaults. You currently have a custom setup that is preventing .dmps from being saved. There were no .dmps in your reports for us to analyze...

Start Menu -> Right Click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced system settings -> Under the Advanced Tab -> Under Performance -> Settings... -> Advanced -> Change... -> Put a tick to Automatically manage paging file size of all drives.
Next time you have a crash, provide us with a report. Also, if you are using any disk cleanup utilities, please refrain from doing so for the duration of our troubleshooting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240813-blue-screen-error-dell-inspiron-system.html
Relevancy 87.29%

i have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop worked perfectly until one day would not boot up.
i have searched a lot of forums and have tried everything here is what i have found but no way to solve it or know what it means:

when power cord is connected i press power button and fan runs, dvd runs, but nothing comes on screen not even the llittle white cursor

with the battery by itself it does not power up at all i.e. no lights come on

i tried removing the ram and using the eraser, switching places - nothing

FN + power button - scroll lock blinks number lock and cap lock stays lit found error code that says " One LED flashing Two LED On
FLASH ON ON - CPU or processor failure"
ok so what does that mean? is there anything i can do?
any and all help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1525-black-screen-lock-error-codes.883416/
Relevancy 87.29%

Start up then screen goes black before I even get chance to log in. If I shine a torch on the screen I can see it is working but impossible to do anything.

I think it needs some new part(s) installed to fix this (I think).
I know it's an old no longer supported system but I use it to run the TV guide, play some language cd's I have installed & Google some info.

I think 1 item is n inverter ?

Thanks 4 any help

A:Inspiron 8600 running xp black screen but torch shone on screen & can vaguely see

It could be the inverter - particuarly if the failure was sudden.  It could also be the backlight bulb itself, meaning a replacement screen is needed. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982657
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,

I've been working on a dell inspiron 1525 today and cant figure what is causing this problem.

The laptop boots, displays the post screen, and then the screen goes black.
You can boot into BIOS,
You can boot into the Boot menu.

You cannot boot into safe mode, the f8 key does nothing,
when using the boot menu, u can't boot into a windows disc to reload the operating system, it just goes black.
I did however manage to boot into a linux cd i have and run a HDD test (what passed) and a memory test (what also passed).

It does exactly the same on an external monitor aswell so I am lost with this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1525 - Screen goes black after POST screen?

Which OS is on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-inspiron-1525-screen-goes-black-after-post-screen-642561.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey!

My Dell Inspiron 1100 is over 6 years old at this point, quite the dinosaur. However, I still have a bit of old data I would love to remove before it really bites the dust.

When I boot up the machine, usually the display is clear and bright. However, after no more than a minute the screen goes black and only a faint outline of the desktop remains. What is the problem and what do I need to do to solve it?

Thanks!

A:Dell Inspiron 1100 screen goes black 30 secs after booting up, faint screen outline

Hi

backlights or invertor board is failing (failed).

If there is an external monitor socket on it use a monitor to see the screen and then you can backup your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1100-screen-goes-black-30-secs-after-booting-up-faint-screen-outline.147047/
Relevancy 86.43%

Dell Inspiron Vista AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor GHz GB RAM GB HDD with GB free space AVG paid subscription with current updates SuperAntiSpyware paid subscription with current updates SpywareBlaster also updated regularly SuperAntiSpyware found a trojan last Inspiron Blue Inpage Screen Error Kernel Data week Trojan Dropper Gen but said it fixed it After working through all the initial setup trouble with Dell my new Inspiron worked great for months Recently it started hanging up playing music on the harddrive and watching video Inspiron Blue Screen Kernel Data Inpage Error on ABC and other networks Also the WLAN network controller kept stopping windows couldn't find a solution days ago while playing music with WMP the sound hung up like a bad CD would sound skipping the computer started beeping LOUDLY and went to the blue screen where it stayed until I turned it off manually after several minutes listening to it scream Been trying to fix it myself by searching web articles but it's still hanging up when playing audio or video and seems to be running slower than it's usual lightning fast operation Also Firefox keeps intermittently shuddering that's weird Any help would be greatly appreciated Inspiron Blue Screen Kernel Data Inpage Error

A:Inspiron Blue Screen Kernel Data Inpage Error

Hi,

Wow, this sounds like a very big problem.

From MSDN:

Quote:

The KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x0000007A. This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.

That along with the loud beeps leads me to first suspect that the hard drive may be failing. Even if it is not the case, please back up all your important data in case it should stop working altogether.

Next thing I want you to do is run chkdsk /r.

From Microsoft:

Quote:

# Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
# Click Properties, and then click Tools.
# Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
# Use one of the following procedures:

* To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
* To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start.
* To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box, and then click Start.

Choose the option in bold.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/inspiron-blue-screen-kernel-data-inpage-error-370373.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I was playing on unreal tournament 2004, then the next thing i knew the screen went tottaly black and was just a blank blue screen.
i restarted the computer and when i got back on it said the system had recoverd from a serious error.

here is the error signature:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F79302CC BCP3 : F7C7D990
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-blue-screen-error.365544/
Relevancy 85.57%

my computer freezes up during start-up. to solve the problem, i reformatted my pc, but it still freezes. i removed the dedicated VGA to see if it's the one causing the problem, but to no avail. PC still freezes and sometimes, when it loads, it freezes and screen turns green,black, and sometimes blue. IS this a hardware problem? how can i fix this?

MOBO:ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
RAM: 2GB
HDD: 300Gb
Processor: Athlon phenom II 965

actions taken but didn't solve the problem:

1. installed and run CCcleaner and Registry Easy
2. removed dedicated VGA (geforce 9500)
3. reinstalled OS
4. updated graphics drivers.

can anyone help??

A:PC freezes during boot-up (green, black, or somtimes blue screen)

Try another power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-during-boot-up-green-black-or-somtimes-blue-screen.177149/
Relevancy 85.57%

Infected with Virus - used malaware (MBAM) removal software and deleted the files. irql_not_less_or_equal (0x0000000A) error occurred. After that, can not boot from XP CD to recover or even sony OEM logo is not appearing.

I get 1 beep code and blue screen most of the screen and black screen some portion. (phenix BIOS)

Attempts to get to BIOS with F2/F3/F8 did not help. Reinserted memory DIMMs and cleaned up inside little, no progress.

(vaio desktop PCV-RZ44g - XP, sp3)

Not sure what to do next. Appreciate your help. thanks.

A:OEM logo not coming; blue screen with black block; XP CD won't boot

If you are getting beep codes...something is seriously out of focus.

Have you looked the code up to see what it's trying to tell you?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193744/oem-logo-not-coming;-blue-screen-with-black-block;-xp-cd-wont-boot/
Relevancy 85.57%

I own a Dell Inspiron Laptop Inspiron on Blue 3521 has Dell up Error 0xc0000428 start Screen with Windows bought years ago Dell Inspiron 3521 has Blue Screen Error 0xc0000428 on start up Now it has started acting up and won t boot nbsp Whenever I try Dell Inspiron 3521 has Blue Screen Error 0xc0000428 on start up to boot it goes into Automatic Repair mode and shows a BSOD with xc saying that the file driver amdkmpfd sys file cannot be verified My Laptop won t boot and I can t access anything except the Startup Settings and BIOS I have tried all options in Dell Inspiron 3521 has Blue Screen Error 0xc0000428 on start up Startup Settings but none of them work Safe Mode does not work as well nbsp It ran a random test of Dell ePSA and it said that everything is working fine I think that it s a Video Card problem Can I just get my data back without a full restore Do note that I bought the laptop and hence did not get a Windows CD to repair my Copy of Windows Any way to repair just the driver instead of the whole OS Please help me quickly Any help is appreciated Thanking you in advance

A:Dell Inspiron 3521 has Blue Screen Error 0xc0000428 on start up

Hi Hercules2905,

Switch ON the system and switch OFF the system 3 to 4 times when the Dell logo appears. This will make the system to go into ‘Windows 10 Advanced Startup Options’ screen. Please select Troubleshoot option and choose the RESET option so that it refreshes the windows operating system Please use the option Keep files.
Note: You may loss all of the data by performing above steps backup all data from the system before proceeding with steps using a help with local computer techncian.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993041
Relevancy 84.71%

I have an older machine that originally ran XP. The original hard drive was removed awhile ago, and I am attempting to resurrect it with a 320 GB HDD. I want to install Win10 fresh on it with the boot media, but it doesn't work, no matter what I do. Every time it boots it takes me to the black screen with the blue square logo, but then freezes. No loading circle below it, and it just sits there. I tried both x64 and x32 installs, disabled the graphics card and used the mobo for graphics output, and nothing changes it. How do I go about fixing this?

Link to product info: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00679523#AbT1
Detail on MOBO that is in the computer: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, A8N-LA (Nagami2) | HP® Customer Support

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51427-w10-usb-boot-media-stuck-black-screen-blue-squares-logo.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Alright so I have a dell inspiron m and it blue screened once then I shut it down and it down code blue error Inspiron to screen m5010 Dell 2000-0151 and would let get onto it told me to do a disk check and there whats a problem with my hard disk So I ran a memory diagnostics test and it gave me error code - I rebooted again and got to recovery options and did the dell emergency backup option were it puts everything on my hard drive to a folder and restores everything to factory settings This now allowed me to sign in and use the computer perfectly fine BUT it suddenly gave me a windows error message saying quot Windows detected a hard disk problem quot it then goes on to tell me to back things up So i move onto the backup process and it fails very single time giving me the backup error x So I attempt to Dell Inspiron m5010 blue screen to error code 2000-0151 run a disk check again but when I schedule it and reboot it keeps canceling itself So i did a check using command prompt as an admin and it told me quot windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix them quot So them concludes my little problem I have no idea what to do from here the hard drive is not making any weird noises which is always good What should I do P S I don't want to have to buy a new hard drive

A:Dell Inspiron m5010 blue screen to error code 2000-0151

The message you get could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, viruses, or memory problems. First, backup any important data that you are able to. Use the methods described in step 3 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and then do the following steps:If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log (you may need to search for wininit instead of chkdsk).
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run all Basic tests with SeaTools: S.M.A.R.T. Check, Short Drive Self Test, Drive Information, Short Generic, and Long Generic. Run the tests for all HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238620-dell-inspiron-m5010-blue-screen-error-code-2000-0151-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I am having several problems with my computer wondering if I am infected with something First noticed the computer running slowly Then began freezing all the time Then noticed that when I switch to a new internet page at times I notice a small black screen that will pop-up or flash on the page but only for a second almost like you'd get on a quot run command quot type scrren if that makes sense Also I keep getting a security options failure It seems this only comes after the computer freezes and I try to hit alt control delete to bring up task manager I have tried to run Norton Anti-virus and spybot I've used CCleaner to remove unnecessary files clean The virus software finds in popping Infected? black screen and background, freezing Blue up slow screen, nothing unusual usually some cookies with tracking but no virus Any ideas Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Windows System wpcumi exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC hp kbd kbd exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system sdclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar ... Read more

A:Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250782/infected-blue-screen-black-screen-popping-up-in-background-freezing-and-slow/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 82.99%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 82.99%

My problem started much like Screen/Blue problem Black previous Screen much Busybee poster, like that of Busybee with files being deleted orphan files being restored and security something or other however after reboot from CD and running Startup Repair the tests all appear to be OK except quot Root Cause Found - Volume on disk is corrupt quot Result Completed successfully Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee Error Code x At this point the pc goes through the never ending sequence of trying to boot up black screen then blue screen etc Medion MD Multimedia Home Entertainment Design Centre Operating System Windows Vista bit service pack C Gb Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee HD with D Gb restore using Gb Gb Ram Disk Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee failure diagnosis test result OK Most recent change made a day or so prior to the crash was retuning digital tv tuner when the changeover from Analog to Digital signal was needed to update channels here in UK The screen shows quot No Signal Analog quot at beginning and end of reboot sequence The black screen suggests this may be a recent hardware or software issue and advises removal of any recent changes but as I cannot get into the system let alone the control panel I am unable to remove or disable anything Would really appreciate being able to at least recover my files and as I am unable to access the operating system either by safe mode safe mode with command prompt or a normal reboot would welcome any advice about how I can achieve this I have a laptop also running Vista bit if that would be of any help in accessing the files Would welcome any advice on offer I am not a computer whizkid but reasonably competent user since Win Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem and I look forward to hearing any thoughts ideas solutions you can provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-problem-much-like-previous-poster-busybee.1003191/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,

My laptop will not boot. I end up with an empty black screen or a blue screen with no icons, just a cursor. I get choices for 'normal startup' or ' repair' but not safe mode. Any help appreciated.

A:Unable to start - black screen or empty blue screen w cursor??

Hello JoLaRo and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts has prepared a couple of tutorials that might help you out.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

If you're still having issues after following the tutorials, please post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346364-unable-start-black-screen-empty-blue-screen-w-cursor.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 82.99%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

A:URGENT LENOVO Y460 previously Blue Screen now Black Screen

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1117670-urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue-screen-now-black-screen.1117669/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 82.56%

HI guys

When booting up my laptop in "last known good configuration" mode i keep getting the blue screen of death and the laptop freezes and cuts out and is very over heated. When i have booted up in "safe mode with networking" the latop is still over heating but it dosn't freeze or i don't get the blue screen of death. I am also limited to what i can doin safe mode.

Any ideas what the problem could be please chaps?

Thanks in advance

Tony

A:Blue screen of death on normal boot up but no blue screen in safe mode ?

Exact wording of BSOD error message?

System manufacturer and model?

Conditions/events which may have led to this?

When did problem begin?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489566/blue-screen-of-death-on-normal-boot-up-but-no-blue-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 82.56%

ok so i was trying to put some videos onto my blackberry bold and i started to play with my phone while it was attached to my laptop and i accessed my media files with my memory card in the phone and all of a sudden i got a blue screen that said restart your computer and some other stuff that i didnt really understand so i manually pressed the power button until my laptop turned off then restarted it. it rebooted as tho it had been in standby not restarted and all i could see was the windows explorer window i had had opened before the screen and the rest of the screen is black. i guess i could attach a picture if it would help ???? thank you very much for your time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-is-black-except-for-the-window-i-had-open-prior-to-blue-screen-394478.html
Relevancy 82.56%

This can happen at any time for me (including when I was re-installing windows in an attempt to fix the problem... did not go well ) but more often than not happens during web-browsing and especially when watching youtube vids. I'm going to assume it has something to do with my graphics card as the blue screen does not actually come up... instead the screen goes black and then I have to restart the computer. Anyways upon boot up and log in I get a windows message that tells me that windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown ect.. and the numbers are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 85AA3510
BCP2: 93218A5E
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

A:BSOD - Screen goes black and upon restart tells me I got a blue screen

Have you activated your Win 7?

Fully and completely update your Win7. Afterwards, I'll be asking you to submit a file which will show me all of the installed updates.

The update procedure will take qute a period of time since you do not have SP1 installed. This means there are updates to get you up to SP1 and then there about 100 updates post-SP1.

UPDATING YOUR WIN 7
1. ASSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE ALL UPDATES
WIN | type WINDOWS UPDATE | ENTER |
Change settings (left-hand column) |
checkmark all four of the boxes | OK button

Approve any dialog boxes presented. Let Windows install any update features.

WIN is the key with the Microsoft flag on top.

2. INSTALL CRITICAL UPDATES
Check for Updates (left-hand column)
Install ALL critical updates.
Restart your computer (even if not prompted)

Repeat this procedure until there are no more critical updates.

DO NOT TRUST the ?Windows is up to date? in center of dialog. until you see that TWICE IN A ROW!

3. INSTALL IMPORTANT UPDATES
Use the ?critical update? procedure until all important updates are installed.

4. INSTALL OPTIONAL UPDATES
Under Optional updates you will be presented with:
a) Microsoft Bing Desktop which is of questionable value
b) a list of about 34 language updates.

You can hide those updates so that aren't continually notified of those updates.
When you click on 34+ optional updates are available, then you
a) highlight all of the language updates,
b) right-click anywhere in the highlighted list.
c) click on Hide Updates,
d) OK button.
Install ALL other Optional Updates.
Use the ?critical update? procedure.

UPDATE GOLDEN RULES
Install ALL, yes, ALL updates.
This is Win 7 and not Vista or XP (eXPired).

UPDATE IS HUNG ?TAKING FOREVER
Hung is very doubtful unless you interrupted updates.

CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key combo will pop-up the Task Manager.
Lo and behold, Windows Update is still running!

You hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys.
While holding them down, tap the ESC key once.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247298-bsod-screen-goes-black-upon-restart-tells-me-i-got-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My screen came up the other day blue and saying it was checking disk and that volume was dirty. now the screen is black. computer acts like it is coming up but just sits there. Is there anything I can do?

A:blue screen, ckdisk, volume dirty, now black screen

First, backup your data using a bootable disk (such as a Live Linux or Ultimate Boot CD)
If the scan didn't fix the drive (if the drive is still marked as "dirty") then you'll most likely have to format the drive (and will lose everything if you haven't backed it up).
Then start with these free diagnostics (before formatting the drive):

Quote:

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.
If you find hardware issues, here's a link to the hardware forums: Hardware Support - Tech Support Forum

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-ckdisk-volume-dirty-now-black-screen-596098.html
Relevancy 82.56%

i am using hp pavillion nbsp g - tx last day i nbsp formatted nbsp my windows win ultimate so i downloaded all the drivers installed it after when i restarted after installing the graphics nbsp driver of AMD the screen nbsp are showed nbsp driver not properly installed after couple driver problem, blue ... display screen black out , screen then of minutes the screen will be black out and will be back in secthen after couple of minutes the screen will be turned blue with some display driver problem, screen black out , then blue screen ... writing nbsp and it will restart and happen the same process seeing this i went to safe mode and uninstalled the AMD graphics nbsp nbsp then restarted it then there was no screen black outs or blue screen but the laptop was working slow as mb ram but i am having gb ram i tried to install intel graphics then the answer was this laptop cant meet the nbsp requirements so i tried to install from internet nbsp site of AMD as well as INTEL but no change was done so i hope there will be a solution for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/display-driver-problem-screen-black-out-then-blue-screen/td-p/5780896
Relevancy 82.56%

Good Morning,

For the past several months I have been having problems with my HP desktop computer. When my system reboots I sometimes get a black screen with nothing on it or it gets stuck on the windows logo or I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

The blue screen tends to happen with the computer goes into hibernation. So I changed my settings to that it doesn't happen but I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

I have checked for malware, viruses you name it... nothing.

HP HPE-180t
Windows 7 SP1
Intel core i7 930 @2.80GHz
9.00 GB RAM
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

If you need further info please let me know. ;)
ps I had wonderful support several years ago regarding my laptop.. thank you once again :)

A:Black screen, Blue Screen & Stuck on Windows logo

Hello Britt,

Quote:

I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

The best way to do this is to simply turn it off; it will also save on the electricty bills too.
When I am not using my machine, I turn it off, because here in South Australia we have the second highest electricity charges in the world.

Quote:

I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

Can you tell us what the blue screen says; usually this is due to a recent hardware or software change; however, in your instance it might be the Hibernation feature that is malfunctioning.
Post back with the information about the blue screen, please.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blue-screen-and-stuck-on-windows-logo-689187.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I received the following error message when I attempted to restart my computer:

C0000218 Unknown Hard Error

When I restarted after the blue screen it went into a check disk but would not finish the scan.

I have tried to start the computer in safe mode with internet connection and after a few minutes the screen goes black. I've tried to start it using last known configuration and the screen goes black. Everything I try ~ the screen goes black.

Help!!!!

A:Blue screen & now won't start in safe mode, screen goes black

I'm writing from my husband's laptop because my desktop is completely dead.

We were out of town for several days and when we returned my desktop was running very slow so I attempted to restart it. It locked up, I pressed/held the power button and when it restarted it attempted to run a disk check. The disk check locked up and I had to press/hold the power button again. When it restarted I got a blue screen ~ stop: C0000218 unknown hard error.

Sometimes when I attempt to restart it I get: checking file system on C:
file system = NTFS

When I attempt to restart it in safe mode, safe mode with networking or starting in last known good configuration I get . . .

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\appPatch\drvmain.sdb
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\drivers\ . . . (various items)

Now it won't start, not even in safe mode. Everything I try ~ I just get a black screen.

** I just tried to restart AGAIN and it ran disk scan, said it had completed disk scan and would restart, the screen went black when it attempted to restart and the screen is still black and it won't restart.

What can I do to get my computer back?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-now-wont-start-in-safe-mode-screen-goes-black.811055/
Relevancy 82.56%

So i was creating paritions on a USB error Black screen boot on up with and lost power to my system during this When i turned the desktop back up and attempted to allow it to normally boot to Windows it came to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner Black screen on boot up with error and does nothing nbsp When i attempt to boot my other OS system that i was partitioning on my usb it comes up with an error Wrriten exactly as shown on screen nbsp Intel UNDI PXE- build Copyright C - Intel Corporation nbsp This product is covered by one or more of the following patents nbsp US nbsp US nbsp US nbsp US nbsp US and US nbsp Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v PXE-E Media test failure check cable nbsp PXE-M F Exiting PXE ROM nbsp - nbsp Now i tried another option which was to go into boot options and attempt to boot from the windows boot i had but that is no longer there I cant seem to boot from the recovery point on the hard drive either so im stumped for options and i really need this nbsp up and working to continue my training im doing nbsp To further add when i brought the computer from PC WORLD they never supplied a recovery disk with the system so they have kinda screwed me over big time nbsp Any help would be grately appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Black-screen-on-boot-up-with-error/td-p/5752417
Relevancy 81.7%

Sorry, double posted from clicking twice! Original post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515059/often-black-screen-one-blue-screen-pup-detection-most-likely-infected/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515060/often-black-screen-one-blue-screen-pup-detection-most-likely-infected/
Relevancy 81.7%

I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/

I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor programs, in a HDD which is my D:/ drive there I have my games.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
AMD FX 8350
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
WD black 500GB HDGB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram 2133Hz
Windows 8

Thanks for the time, if more info is needed I willl gather it and post it

A:How do I fix windows blue screen of death and black screen

Update, seems that some tweaking did fix the problem, go to search and type power, in the left click on the one that says change what power buttons do, then uncheck the box that it says turn on fast startup (recomended) then save changes and a restart and youre done -at least for me it worked-

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47630-how-do-i-fix-windows-blue-screen-death-black-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My splash black screen windows screen blue now to laptop is a Dell Inspiron with windows splash to black screen now blue screen XP Professional The laptop was given to me used no original cd s or anything just the machine and power cord just letting you know that right off the bat as I don t have option to put cd in as I don t have it The laptop has a XP sticker on it that doesn t state if windows splash to black screen now blue screen it was home or Professional windows splash to black screen now blue screen to start with I say all this because I can t tell you if the OS was preinstalled or after market installation IN case this matters any I am not knowledgeable about computers without the aid or forums like this so please know that when offering aid I ll need specifics please Recently my system malfunctioned and YourHighness helped me get it cleaned up It was working fine for a few days All of a sudden the Windows Splash screen disappeared and the screen went black After multiple reboots and selecting Function F eventually the computer would go to a grey screen and then would finish booting fine This went on for a week or two Meanwhile as YourHighness suggested I bought more RAM as it only had MB I read it can go up to a gig so I bought used from eBay a and installed it Booted fine after the black screen issue still and worked fine A couple of days later I went to boot it back up and got a blue screen saying quot Stop C Bad Image CheckSum The Image MSAN dll is possibly corrupt The Header Checksum does not match the computed checksum quot I can not boot to safe or any other option I can only access bios and am clueless what to do once there if anything I tried recovery counsel booting but it just refreshes the options screen essentially it only recognizes the XP option I removed the RAM in case it was causing the problem Tried to boot with just a and also with s Still got same blue screen I don t know what to do from here Do I need to take it to a repair shop or can someone guide me through some options Please advise Most appreciatively Thatguy

A:windows splash to black screen now blue screen

I would think that your first priority, assuming that your data is safe, is to obtain a means of reinstalling/repairing XP. I mean, that would be my first priority if I intended to run a system with XP on it and I did not believe that the system would run perfectly until I decided to retire/sell/junk it.

So my first suggestion would have been...contact Dell and inquire about recovery/restore CDs for your system.

As for your apparent option of taking it to a shop...that won't resolve the fact that you have no install disks of any type.

I've not ever seen an XP sticker that doesn't indicate which flavor of the O/S is installed.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199556/windows-splash-to-black-screen-now-blue-screen/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi CPU Intel Core QUAD Motherboard AsRock x TurboTwins Ram DDR x GB GHz brand Hynix GPU ATI HD PSU Corsair W OS Windows Custom previous screen black in screen after goes blue The (even BIOS) build I installed Civilization and directX as well because I was asked to The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) during the installation After few minutes of being in the game a blue screen popped up I do not know what message was on there I restarted the computer and system recommended to run the fix mode I launched it and after a while I was advised to bring the settings back to the restore point I acknowledged this but then all I saw was a black screen Since then after The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) each restart the screen goes black If I manage to go to BIOS after - seconds the screen goes black I cannot even reinstall Windows Those - seconds in BIOS are The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) enough to check the temperatures on CPU and MB they are around degrees Celsius so overheating is not the problem I connected the monitor with my laptop and it works so monitor is fine There are no loose connections There is no dust and debris - this system is months old Problem might be in the graphics card Several weeks ago the screen used to go grey after playing Fallout for - minutes I disabled the audio on the card and that solved the problem However Windows still indicated that there is something wrong with the GPU on the other hand drivers were up-to-date Can anyone help please Or let me know what you think might be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS)

Since you are having a graphics issue in both the BIOS startup screen and while Windows is open, it does sound like a graphics card problem and not a driver problem. Do you have another graphics card to substitute for test purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-screen-goes-black-after-previous-blue-screen-even-in-bios.158751/
Relevancy 81.7%

So for the past 2 weeks I've been crashing none stop usually after playing game for about an hour or just browsing or watching a movie, its a mixture of Page fault in none page area, Memory management, IRQL not less or equal, among others. I don't know whats causing the crashes or any help would be greatly appreciated. i had this laptop for since early december 2009.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3836 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291444 MB, Free - 24376 MB; D: Total - 13495 MB, Free - 2249 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3642
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled

A:Blue screen of death, Freezing, and black screen

Have you installed anything lately? There could be some program or service doing something that isn't needed.
How's the case temperature? Perhaps it's running too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-freezing-and-black-screen.1047034/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello

I have a computer running Windows 7. Last night the computer was running fine. This morning when I turn it on, i get a black screen. To fix the problem I conducted a system restore. After it finished restoring, the computer restarts and everything worked fine. To make sure if everything was in working order, I restart it again. After the "Starting Windows" screens comes up, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I can't even read what the error says because the computer just restarts itself. I did not connect anything new to the computer. I performed a hardware diagnostics to see if it was a hardware failure but no error was found. I can't even get into safe mode. The SFC.exe will be my next step.

A:Windows 7 Black Screen then Blue Screen of Death

The SFC.exe did not work either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-then-blue-screen-of-death-655425.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I read the posting instructions but it's a little difficult for me to run that program because my computer won't actually display anything But here's what I Blue no BIOS, screen after no display Black Screen, can answer OS - Win bit Original OS - Vista Home Premium October OS is retail upgrade Hard Drive has been in use since October everything else is less than hours old I haven't reinstalled the OS CPU - Intel Core i k Videocard - BFG nVidia GeFroce GTX GB MoBo - ASUS P H -M PSU - Corsair GS W A on v if that's relevant Corsair GB DDR Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display MHz RAM x GB Don't know about system manufacturer they're different parts The Case is by NZXT and the TB HDD is by Seagate This is going to be a bit of a long read so I'll start off by giving the short version of all this Here's the short version I built this PC yesterday and it was working but couldn't 't display the native x resolution I got quot Out of Range quot error Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display on my monitor when I tried to change it to any other resolution I installed an nVidia control program and made a custom resolution of x About half an hour later I got a blue screen Now when I start it up I just get a black screen no error messages just a black screen It isn't just my own monitor I've tried it with another fully functioning one too And more detail here It was all working alright when I first set it up but I couldn't get native resolution for my LG W monitor x which displayed the resolution just fine on my old PC with no dedicated GPU When I changed the resolution through the Windows resolution change interface tool it wouldn't give me the option of going over x something else I can't remember I tried to change the refresh rate but I got the same error when I tried to increase the resolution as when I tried to change the refresh rate quot Out of Range quot and then it said a frequency in kHz and Hz I downloaded the nVidia control panel and made a custom resolution x and it was all fine after that However the first problem I noticed was I could not run the game Civilization V because upon starting the game up I got the same quot Out of Range quot error message from my monitor I even tried to change the compatibility so that I could let it run at the lower resolution x or something like that but I got the same error message That was pretty much the only problem although I'm sure I would have encountered similar problems if I tried to play similar games I was using the computer for about half an hour and whilst I was on facebook I just got a blue screen It stayed there for a couple seconds then I turned it off from the main socket When I started it up again I just got a black screen I didn't even get a BIOS display I've been trying it all morning and it still hasn't been working Also after I've turned it on from the main socket upon startup it starts up then shuts down then starts up again then down and finally stays on after a couple moments of this Still displaying nothing on the monitor though and I get no quot Out of Range quot error message just a black screen I have no idea what it may be I have tried erasing the CMOS thing by moving the jumper position on the motherboard and removing and reinstalling the battery but that hasn't seemed to have worked I don't know what else to do Thanks a lot in advance I know it's a long read

A:Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Does the system display the Asus splash screen before going to the black screen?

Have you checked to see if the video card has power (the extra power plugs in most cards these days)? Have you checked to make sure the fan is working, and that the video cooler isn't clogged up?

Have you tried another video card? I'd suspect that the video card or it's drivers are your issue. If the system boots into Safe Mode, then I'd suspect the drivers, if it doesn't boot into Safe Mode (so you can see the display) - then I'd have to assume that it's the video card.

See if you can return the video card. If not, then see if you can borrow one from another computer - or buy one that you can return if it's not needed.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-blue-screen-no-bios-no-display-594237.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I was successfully using my PC for the entirety of this morning After bumping my desk the machine shut off as it sometimes does when a cable is loose When the machine restarted it allowed me to login and then showed me only a black screen and cursor Ctrl alt del was functional I tried system restore and system repair both of which completed but did not have any effect I was able to access Windows via safe mode I removed my GPU Upon Black Blue Login into Screen Evolved Screen and connected my monitor to my motherboard The situation did not change I attempted to boot without my main drive SSD by disconnecting it and turning the PC on Instead of a login screen I am now greeted by a flash of a BSOD before the system restarts After running a couple rounds of startup repair Windows has declared it cannot resolve the issue Any guidance will be warmly appreciated Thank you Edit after restarting once more my bios prompted for a Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen boot device and I was able to reach the login screen I am now back at my original black screen problem

A:Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode at the moment? if so, follow this:

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360512-black-screen-upon-login-evolved-into-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello My computer is very black Often screen, pup detection, blue most one screen, infected likely likely to be Often black screen, one blue screen, pup detection, most likely infected infected with malware virus because it seldom black screen with white words and then computer restarts for no reason It blue screen'd once A while ago I ran Malwarebytes a few times and it detected PUP Files Malwarebytes removed it each time but it kept coming back But the last time I ran Malwarebytes it did not show up again Symantec Anti Virus could not detect anything But the computer feels very unstable because the internet does not connect sometimes when the mobile devices have no problems connecting I hope this problem can be fixed Thank you for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by ytl at on - - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Outdated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Outdated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E FW Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled B F DB -C - E - D - C F F E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Program Files Cisco Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client vpnagent exe C Windows system Dwm exe c Program Files Bioscrypt VeriSoft Bin AsGHost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXE c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows System svchost exe -k Cognizance C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServi... Read more

A:Often black screen, one blue screen, pup detection, most likely infected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/515059 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515059/often-black-screen-one-blue-screen-pup-detection-most-likely-infected/
Relevancy 81.7%

I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and facing with a big problem,I suppose.
-Black screen sometimes appears after windows is starting(after this)
-Blue screen of death always appears when I am trying to connect for more than 7/8/9/10 times on some of wireless networks,and very rarely appears when I'm playing a game or doing something on the internet.
-Some programs freeze sometimes such as Firefox,DivX Player,Winamp...
Please help me guys!

Relevancy 81.7%

I'm stumped with this and need help I'm running a Dell Studio laptop with Vista Service Pack I can login normally but instead of going to my desktop it takes me straight to Safe Mode black screen with movable cursor and a window that says quot Windows Boot Error quot No error code The next window it gives me asks to scan the hard drive and the file system If I choose quot Yes quot it scans then comes back and tells me there is a hard disk screen, Vista error SP2: boot black error and I need to download the following updates It gives me no list of updates If I click quot Yes quot to the download the window goes away and it does nothing If I click quot No quot on either of these windows it waits three seconds and then brings the window back up starting from the quot scan hard drive and file system quot window If I clear the windows I can use the -shift quot Sticky Keys quot window to get into my Windows Explorer but only at five-minute bursts at a time My system was just purged not two weeks ago of the System Tool virus Do I have another stupid virus on my machine or is there something else going on Thanks in advance

A:Vista SP2: black screen, boot error

Sounds like a virus to me - none of what you describe sounds like legitimate Windows error messages.

To be sure, please follow these directions to post over in the malware forums: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

If you're worried about your hard drive try this free, bootable hard drive diagnostics routine: HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-sp2-black-screen-boot-error-554099.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I cant get my computer to boot into safe mode by pressing f8 on startup so I changed the setting in msconfig. The computer turns on but I get a black screen. The monitor was working fine until I tried this.

I have tried windows cd but cannot see any thing on the screen to select repair. Is there a way to remotely change msconfig back? I can access the network through another computer but do not see any options there. I was trying to remove a malware program in safe mode when all this happened.

any help is appreciated.

A:WIndows boot error black screen

Can you boot into BIOS?

Cause if you can, just put in your install DVD and run Setup from that, then see if you can do a system restore or if msconfig runs from cmd (by typing in start msconfig)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356362-windows-boot-error-black-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My Toshiba Satillite A205-S7456 with Vista home premium will not boot, when I try it gives me Black Screen and error 0xc00000034 tried safe boot, repair disk nothing works, I need help please.

Relevancy 81.7%

Turned computer on, and it gave me error 'Unmountable Boot', said it was preparing self repair. Now screen is black and have been for 20 minutes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Gives-error-of-Unmountable-Boot-now-screen-is-just-black/td-p/5650640
Relevancy 81.27%

I was having problems booting Windows so I attempted to use the Bootrec exe tool to rebuild the my BCD But I screwed that up big time Now I get the following error message on a black screen when I attempt to boot up Windows Failed to start A recent hardware change or software change might Windows Boot\BCD Screen - boot (Black Cannot error) 7 be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings then click quot Next Cannot boot Windows 7 (Black Screen - Boot\BCD error) quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Boot BCD Status xc Info The Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry As far as I can tell the hard drive is operational The BIOS detected it and it passed the diagnostics test Could some one give me an easy step-by-step procedure to fix this from the command prompt on my Windows repair disk I'm confused by the procedures I've seen here Thanks Here is my Windows info Home Premium bit Original OS OEM Age of system and OS installation years

A:Cannot boot Windows 7 (Black Screen - Boot\BCD error)

One of our experts put together a very nice tutorial for these problems: Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238815-cannot-boot-windows-7-black-screen-boot-bcd-error.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I cant seem to boot up my computer at all,not even in safe mode,dont know whats happened,please any advice would be most helpful.
I am using Windos XP Home edition.

The Blue screen error is as follows:

"STOP:C0000218 (Registry File Failure)
Registry cannot load the hive (file):
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SYSTEM
or its log or alternate.
It is Corrupt, absent, or not writable."

It seems something has corrupted vital registry files, but i get the same error when booting into safe mode, dont know what to do now? possibly a virus ?

please any advice

I do not want to format c

thanks

A:blue screen ,cant boot at all error please help!!

You can try to repair XP by putting in the disc and following the screens for REPAIR XP ..
cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-cant-boot-at-all-error-please-help.377495/
Relevancy 80.84%

helo guys i got this problem on windows boot just at the start of xp logo "stop:0x0000007e(0xc0000005,0xf88d018e,0xf8a58850,0xf8a5854c)" ,its in xp professional windows,i need desperate help,i didnt installed anything new but somehow ,m stuck with it

A:blue screen error at boot

This is very similar to the error you posted several months ago: 0x0000007e(0xc0000005,0xf887018e,0xf8918748,0xf8918444). At that time you were having trouble with an HP driver.

If you are able to start the computer in Safe Mode, look in C:\Windows\Minidump for miniMMDDYY-XX.dmp files (assuming you boot from a C drive). Zip 4-5 of the most recent ones and post here as a zip or rar attachment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-error-at-boot.831171/
Relevancy 80.84%

I Blue Comes Error Boot Up When To Try I Screen run windows xp I was trying to download pictures on my computer from a disk that I made at a local Blue Error Screen Comes Up When I Try To Boot drug store kodak kiosk when this started I also found out a couple of days ago that a quot friend quot was surfing some really questionable sites The computer was running fine until i put in this disk with pictures I saved a few to the computer and then it blacked out and a blue screen came up with the following message Also I tried turning it off and on a few times and it gets to the desktop and as soon as I try to go to the web or acess anything on the start menu it goes right back to this blue page A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen apperars again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a drever is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacuter for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press f to select Advanced start up otions then select safe mode Stop x E xC x xF B C xF B BC Begining physical dump of memory Phsical memory dump completed Thanks in advance for the help

A:Blue Error Screen Comes Up When I Try To Boot

Try running chkdsk.Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After it?s finished it will restart into Windows automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157542/blue-error-screen-comes-up-when-i-try-to-boot/
Relevancy 80.84%

helo guys i got this problem on windows boot just at the start of xp logo "stop:0x0000007e(0xc0000005,0xf88d018e,0xf8a58850,0xf8a5854c)" ,its in xp professional windows,i need desperate help,i didnt installed anything new but somehow ,m stuck with it

A:blue screen error at boot

Hi there,

More information is needed in order to help you solve the problem. Did this problem all of a sudden started happening? Does the blue screen error come up every time you boot the computer up? Can you even boot into safe mode at all?

One thing I recommend testing the computer hard drive for any errors. Go to a working computer and download the dianostics utility of your computer hard drive. Afterwards, put the program onto a CD and boot it up on your computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions and test your computer HD for any errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-at-boot-380730.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I m trying to help a mate with a PC problem When starting up it shows the following PXE-E media test failure check cable PXE-MOF exit PXE Blue BOOT Error - Screen ROM DISK BOOT FAILURE insert system disk seems to load OK until loading Windows then blue screens saying found a problem Windows has been shut down then goes on to suggest you check memory uninstall any new hardware or software etc no new stuff installed I have installed hard drive on my PC it showed as unallocated so I ran format and BOOT Error - Blue Screen it shows up OK Reinstalled on other PC no change I ve run diags on most componants Processor HD Motherboard memory CD and all have passed Maxtor diags runs but shows HD is failing tried a new formatted HD but same problem Swopped HD cable but still no change Not sure BOOT Error - Blue Screen where to go next help please Machine is a Tiny Pent GHZ MB Maxtor HD Micro Star MS motherboard MB mem running XP Home nbsp

A:BOOT Error - Blue Screen

Well if you've formated the hard drive that means you have erased everything off it and then it for sure won't boot Windows until you reinstall it.

Also if you are trying to move a Windows XP installation from one computer to another it rarely works and usually blue screens. In those cases you need to use the Windows CD to do a Repair installation of Windows or to format the drive and install Windows.

In the BIOS you also need to make sure the boot order is CD-ROM first and Hard Drive second. Make sure the NEtwork boot option is not in the order or that its disabled completely, the floppy drive doesn't need to be in the boot order unless for a very specific task as the WIndows XP is used to boot and do all the installation procedures.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-error-blue-screen.507718/
Relevancy 79.98%

Alright, Well I play multiple games and I have the same problem with any game. When I play for like 20minutes or so my video goes insane! It flashes black and completely screen lags, Then it usually pixelates the screen after done flashing. Then after probably another 5 or 10, It will just completely lock up my computer then bring me to the blue screen. This has only started happening since i got Vista, Then I tried to see if getting windows 7 would fix it, But no...

Im pretty sure the problem is that these new operating systems are clashing with my drivers, All drivers are up to date, Hardrive checked, Video card working fine, RAM is all good.

If somone has had this same problem and fixed it some how please let me know.

Computer Specs:

Intel Core Quad (TM)2 Q6600 2.4GhZ
XION 1000watt PowerSupply
9800GT 1024mb DDR3
6gigs RAM DDR2

A:Black Screen And Flashing then Blue Screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by HelpMeWin

Alright, Well I play multiple games and I have the same problem with any game. When I play for like 20minutes or so my video goes insane! It flashes black and completely screen lags, Then it usually pixelates the screen after done flashing. Then after probably another 5 or 10, It will just completely lock up my computer then bring me to the blue screen. This has only started happening since i got Vista, Then I tried to see if getting windows 7 would fix it, But no...

Im pretty sure the problem is that these new operating systems are clashing with my drivers, All drivers are up to date, Hardrive checked, Video card working fine, RAM is all good.

If somone has had this same problem and fixed it some how please let me know.

Computer Specs:

Intel Core Quad (TM)2 Q6600 2.4GhZ
XION 1000watt PowerSupply
9800GT 1024mb DDR3
6gigs RAM DDR2

Hi and welcome

I suspect heat. Download gpu-z and monitor. Let us know

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/41564-black-screen-flashing-then-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Blue screen of death now just black screen...that features a blinking underscore icon....

The horror....the horror....

What have I done?

Anyone have any idea how to get my PC back running?

Cant run TSG Sysinfo obviously. The PC is running Windows XP 32 bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 79.98%

Ran MBAM but couldn't complete, said it had to shut down. Then got the error message DrWatson Postmortem Dubugger encountered a problem and needs to close. The error report showed this file.....Temp\WER345a.dir00\drwtsn32.exe.mdmp
Tried to run MBAM in safe mode but wouldn't complete, said it had to shut down, so I restarted my computer and got the blue screen: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ....dump of physical memory. Then tried to restart windows started then went to black screen. Don't know if I have a virus, if my hard drive is going, or what. Please someone help. I need my computer for school, and it's been causing me so many aggravations, and I really need help.

A:Blue screen...screen going black...must have a virus.

Also, I got fed up with Avira, it kept giving me error messages, and it wouldn't update. I posted on their forum, but was told to post a hijackthis log but they didn't find anything. So I uninstalled Avira, and installed AVG Free 9.0. I started to run the scan, and somewhere near the beginning my computer screen went black again, so I have to force a reboot. Now I get the error message system has recovered from a serious error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-screen-going-black-must-have-a-virus.921546/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi AGAIN Hopefully my PC will STAY up while I write this I have been having some MAJOR probs with the puter just flippin well going to a black blank screen and then to a deep blue screen which displays this jibberish to me screen/BLUE BLACK ?? .. screen Reboot Shew just had black screen followed by the bright blue BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ?? screen with the following written on it STOP OxOOOOOOD OxE C OxOOOOOOFF OxOOOOOOO OxBF BCA DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ADDRESS BF BCA base at BF Datestamp ef ce - mrxsmb sys Beginning dump of physical memory About a BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ?? year ago I had the same thing happen and at the end of the word memory an actual countdown occurred BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ?? As well I am being INNUNDATED with this Inside an ALERT BOX named WinRAR self-extracting archive Extracting ribiva exe Extracting ewaf exe Cannot create ewaf exe Installation progress the installation bar goes about of the way and no further The Virus alert reads Obj name rivia exe Container C DocumentsandSE difavipu exe Virus name Backdoor ranky Action taken action to the file was denied I have had this machine IN for repair twice in weeks all they have done is clean up viruses and spyware and I am totally NOT wanting to haul it back Any suggestions gratefully accepted and WOO HOO I have not gone BLANK amp BLUE yet Marilynne nbsp

A:BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ??

my suggestion.... buy an antivirus like norton or mcafee and run it on your system ALL the time. Keep it updated on a weekly to daily basis and this is less likely to happen ever again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-reboot.356586/