Windows Support Forum

Operating System error message

Q: Operating System error message

When I start XP and try to boot into regular mode I receive an quot Operating System not found quot message after the black red quot COMPAQ quot screen and when I try to boot into Safe Mode it just restarts without that System Operating error message message Here's what preceded this I downloaded a program called ivx which I downloaded to watch mov files on Windows Media Player Not long after installing it Comodo popped up with the regular Internet Explorer quot Allow-Deny quot message it usually does when something wants to access the internet and Operating System error message it was in relation to vix It had the Operating System error message x in the message it usually has when it's suspicious of a program's intention Sorry I forget exactly what the message was I clicked Deny and afterward couldn't connect to the internet with IE I clicked Allow when it popped up again shortly after and was able to access it just fine A while afterward I saw an icon of an exclamation point in a yellow triangle in the Taskbar which I couldn't right or left click I was about to shut down some programs to reboot and then the computer froze I turned it off manually and when I turned it back on I got the message mentioned in the first paragraph I'm not sure if vix had anything to do with it but I figured it was important to mention anyway since it was preceding this problem

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Operating System error message

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Operating System error message

3vix might have had a cause in this but if your computer says No Operating System found then you will have to re-install your operating system. Find your Recovery CD and re-install Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/operating-system-error-message-237673.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I got back from class today and my computer was frozen. I forced a reboot. When it tries to load windows XP, I get an error message that says: Operating System Not Found !!!!!!!! Can/Should I load with the boot disks? I CAN NOT loose the info on my hard drive. What should I do?

Relevancy 76.97%

This is a Sony Viao Laptop It is not equiped with an integrated floppy disk drive The CDrom does not work however it is equiped with an external CDrom All bios settings have been Operating Load Error Message "cannot System" reset to factory specs but its does not boot XP always get msg quot cannot load operating system quot The question is this It seem the harddrive may have been formated and there is no way to use a startup disk or the recovery cd s to reinstall XP Is there anything that can be done Network to another sys etc Any ideas This puzzles me I am worried that the computer does not recognize the external cd rom and recovery cannot proceed Infact I do not know how to install the neccessary drivers for the external cdrom much less installing XP I want to try everything short of replacing the factory cdrom which broke read expensive prolly can Error Message "cannot Load Operating System" replace it with labor Any Ideas Humorous comments expected

A:Error Message "cannot Load Operating System"

Humorous comments expectedDid you hear the one about the....Welcome to Bleeping Computer!I need some clarification. How did you reformat the hard drive, I mean, how did this happen? Are we SURE the hard drive in this laptop still works?Is the external CD ROM connected via a USB port?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44616/error-message-cannot-load-operating-system/
Relevancy 76.97%

my son switched on his laptop and got the error message.....I tried to press F8 but still says operating system not found....pressed F2 and it shows the BIOS Information with correct processsor and CPU Type and the time is running correctly......I checked to see if any connections loose...left battery off for a while but nothing......Any ideas as to why this would suddenly come up as not had any changes made to laptop for a good while and he was using it fine before he went out today....weird

A:operating system not found error message

The two most obvious answers would be that there is a DVD in the drive, which would prevent normal boot
The second is that the Hard drive has failed.
There are of course other possiblities, but those are the first two that come to mind.
There are of course many other possiblities , a few are:
MBR has become corrupt
The partion has become corrupt. This will require data recovery software.

I can solve this for you but my solution may lose all your stuff
Do you have stuff you want to save?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/290345-operating-system-not-found-error-message.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello all, am quite new here, please bear with me if I ask a question that has already been answered; and please direct me as appropriate if you can. Thank you.
My Samsung mini laptop ( netbook) , model: NP-N150, running on windows 7 starter, bring up the following message on booting. " operating system not found".
How do I have it restored to normal functions, since it has no CD ROM for me to run the recovery disk that came with it.
I am actually hopeful that there is a way out without loosing my documents and files on the system, how may I do this?
On entering the BIOS using F2, I can't find the HDD.
Any help on creating a recovery sticky disk(USB disk) to solve this problem so I can at least back up my files first before anything?
Thank you all, for making here a place to be.

A:Error message on start up - Operating System not found

Hi,
I know I don't have all of the answers for you but the fact that the system isn't finding the HDD might indicate that the HDD has died. If this is the case then only a new HDD will return the computer to operational status. As for the files on that drive it may or may not be possible to recover some or all of them.
If you know a technician you trust I'd talk with that peron and see what sort of time and $$ are involved in replacing the HDD and recovering your data.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522263/error-message-on-start-up-operating-system-not-found/
Relevancy 76.11%

Upon start screen computer gives message: "error loading operating system"
Computer: Dell D-600 laptop
xp pro

Relevancy 76.11%

Would anybody happen to know what this error message is referring to or what I should do about? It unfortunately and unhelpfully doesn't say aything else. It only has the option to click OK which just closes the pop up box. Its been popping up randomly the past several times i've used the laptop. I originally thought it was because there were still updates to run and thought it would rectify after running these but its re-appeared again. It doesnt say what application it relates or any further options to address the problem?? Would send a screen print but not sure how? I've not had this laptop long at all (around 2 months) and would not expect to be getting problems like this already! Any help appreciated Thanks in advance  

A:Error message received "The operating system is not presentl...

Hello,  This issue occurs due to MS Office (tails, corruption).Try to reinstall Microsoft Office in the following way:1. Uninstall all MS Office applications in a standard way via Add/Remove Programs, reboot.2. Use special removal tools and instructons in order to completely remove all MS Office applications:- for Office 2013 and earlier: Install this tool http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/e...16a296a/ork.exe, go to Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> Microsoft Office Tools -> Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit -> Removal Wizard, in removal wizard select 'Comepletely remove all my previous versions of Microsoft Office application' and follow the instructions;- for Office 2007, 2010: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179- for Office 2013, 365: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501/en3. Manually delete all of below listed objects:- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE*- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OFFICE4. Reboot, make sure that the problem is not reproduced anymore.5. Install needed MS Office package.   ******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.********Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others** I am an HP Employee#HPExpertsday

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Error-message-received-quot-The-operating-system-is-not/td-p/5628781
Relevancy 76.11%

I am running Windows Vista on a HP laptop that I bought in July 2008 (Windows was pre-loaded), and I haven't downloaded any additional service packs.

My computer was running fine, I hadn't installed any new software recently, or installed any new hardware. When a program was running a bit slow, I went ahead and restarted just to clear up any problems. When it restarted, it tried to boot at least 5 times, and gave me the error message that it couldn't find the operating system.

One of my friends has told me, and from what I can gather, that I need to try to boot from a disk, and then reset the MBR. However, I can't find where to get a boot disk from, and what exactly I should do next.

Any help???

A:During Boot Error Message: 'Can't find Operating System'.

The problem you're experiencing is indeed related to the MBR is you have uninstalled and installed software and hardware (which, I would like to get a list of so I can further elaborate).

Here's a good website for bootdisks.

Also, when booting press F12 and boot into your HDD instead of your CD/DVD or Network (if they're set for some..strange reason..).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/during-boot-error-message-cant-find-operating-system-373195.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I just recently bought Dell XPS 8900 with Windows 10 installed.  I installed couple of applications including Security software, MS Office 2016, Adobe Light Room. The computer came with a solid state drive configured as Drive C.  When I first installed software it automatically installed on the solid state drive which quickly filled up.  Then I was told to install the Office-365 on the Hard Drive configured as Drive I. So I uninstalled Office, and reinstalled it on Drive I.  Somewhere along this, I started getting this error message "The Operating System is presently not configured to run this application".  Also, it seems that the performance of brand new computer has slowed down a bit.  What is going on?  What did I do wrong?  Can you please help fixing this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19693335
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,
I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update a few hours ago, and I have only one problem with my OS now: whenever I try to open the control panel, I get the following error message:
"The operating system is not presently configured to run this application"
Then, the screen blinks, and the Control Panel closes. I still can use my PC without problem.
Any suggestions?
And please, please, please don't 'Firefox-Support-Team' me, because I can't go through one more "reinstall it and everything will be fine". :-)
Thank you.

A:Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hi,
I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update a few hours ago, and I have only one problem with my OS now: whenever I try to open the control panel, I get the following error message:
"The operating system is not presently configured to run this application"
Then, the screen blinks, and the Control Panel closes. I still can use my PC without problem.
Any suggestions?
And please, please, please don't 'Firefox-Support-Team' me, because I can't go through one more "reinstall it and everything will be fine". :-)
Thank you. try this: SFC Scan: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434068-error-message-operating-system-not-presently-configured-run-application.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I got got an error message about boot image and I came here which told me to change the boot settings to legacy which I did but I could not be able to save the change because it couldn't type anything except "esc" which was to cancel the change. What should I do?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I got an error message "Operating System Boot Mode Changed"

Hi, When you change the boot mode and are then asked to enter a 4 digit pin, there will be no display of the numbers you type for security reasons - just type the numbers and hit enter. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/I-got-an-error-message-quot-Operating-System-Boot-Mode/td-p/5696536
Relevancy 75.25%

I need major help. My boss called this morning after he was having some trouble with his PC. His machine kept freezing on him, and so he thought he would reformat the PC. Once he reformatted and tried reinstalling Windows he got an error message saying "Command Intruder". Is there anyone out there that has run into this problem or can help me. Thanks.

A:Error message Command Intruder while reformating operating system

Welcome TestPattern.

Are you sure it doesn't say:

command interpreter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-command-intruder-while-reformating-operating-system.44326/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have had my Dell for little over 8.1: when partition." or couldn't 10 to reinstall operating update Error reserved message system to to system trying update We the Windows a year and have had problems from the beginning nbsp I am years old and I am at my wits end A hard drive was replaced in the summer of but I have still had problems with the computer shutting down and my having to refresh it to factory setting I thought updating to Windows would solve some problems and I did this in October nbsp Everything was fine until a couple of months ago nbsp The end result was when I tried to refresh the computer to factory defaults it went back to or and I evidently lost something in the process Now I cannot update to Windows and when I tried to resinstall the Dell Operating System I get for both nbsp quot WE COULDN T UPDATE THE SYSTEM RESERVED PARTITION quot I DO HAVE A SYSTEM BACKUP ON CDS MADE WHEN I HAD WINDOWS nbsp Could I reinstall the system with these backupdisks nbsp How do I do that nbsp I also have a Dell Boot USP stick I have a recovery stick too but it semed that when I used this I received a message that not all files were recovered What should I do at this point nbsp

A:Error message when trying to update to Windows 10 or to reinstall operating system 8.1: We couldn't update the system reserved partition."

On MBR disk, Windows 10 requires a 500MB system reserved partition, while 100MB in Windows 7, so you can try to extend system reserved partition.
In disk management, you can only extend partition using the unallocated space next to its right side. so even if you shrink D: drive, the option to extend the efi partition is still grayed out. My suggestion is to use a third party software, AOMEI Partition Assistant, both the standard (free) or the Professional(paid) version can extend partition as long as there is unallocated space on that hard drive. to see more information read:
Fix "We Couldn?t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error
www.disk-partition.com/.../couldnt-update-system-reserved-partition-4348.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19678612
Relevancy 72.24%

If I leave my computer running every couple of weeks I return to find the message quot Operating system cannot be found quot I can recover by using the weeks. couple recover. Windows... Requires message found." cannot Happens "Operating be of every system Error FIXBOOT to repair disk and the FIXBOOT command I fear that one of these days the Error message "Operating system cannot be found." Happens every couple of weeks. Requires FIXBOOT to recover. Windows... repair will not work I am also concerned about what else may be happening if this is malicious I am running Windows XP Home on a Dell Dimension I have been told that it is probably a boot sector virus A co-worker told me to try Hijack This and post the log to a forum so here I am The log is posted below I would very appreciative for any help that could be offered Thank You Wayne PassonBurnsville MN Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Linksys Linksys Updater bin LinksysUpdater exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEc PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system java exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exeC Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exeC PROGRA DATACA FLashKsk exeC Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Creative ShareDLL Mediadet exeC Program Files Linksys Linksys EasyLink Advisor Linksys EasyLink Advisor exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OLFSNT EXEc PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http frontier my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search y... Read more

A:Error message "Operating system cannot be found." Happens every couple of weeks. Requires FIXBOOT to recover. Windows...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199875/error-message-operating-system-cannot-be-found-happens-every-couple-of-weeks-requires-fixboot-to-recover-windows-xp-home-on-dell-dimension-4550/
Relevancy 68.37%

Whenever my computer tries to boot, it takes a while to detect anything from the CD-ROM (my first boot priority), and then when it detects the IDE, it says "error loading operating system" and after that I can't do anything but restart or shut down. I am running Windows XP Professional and it will load with a boot disk, but if I take out the boot disk it won't load. I'm not sure what to do, so please help me!

A:Solved: "error loading operating system" message when I try to boot

hi there, im sorry this isnt a solution. but i am having the same problem.

my old hard drive kicked the bucket and i got a new one. i cloned the hard drive using TrueImage which went fine. but when i restart the comp i get that error. i have tried to change the bios access mode to Large LBA and the other one but to no avail. i have herd that running the command fdisk /mbr may help but it could also cause problems.

does anyone know how to get past this?

also reinstalling xp doesnt work. i have formated the hard drive and tried to set up windows but to no avail

Thanks Lee

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-loading-operating-system-message-when-i-try-to-boot.364857/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey all! I am pretty new to this kind of Win7 issues, so I hope some of you will be able to help. Story goes...

After few hours of gaming the computer died. (It happened right after switching keyboards.) Now, on every setup BIOS(?) comes up with list of options (F2 enter BIOS, F11 boot options, F6 Flash etc.). After that a black screen with error message comes up: Missing Operating System.

I tried rebooting from USB (since I have no disk-drive) and I keep on getting the answer: Error Loading Operating System.

Any ideas?

Thx

A:Missing Operating System/Error Loading Operating System

All unlikely, but possible - (a) your HDD died. (b) your bios became corrupted (c) your HDD boot sector became corrupted (d) your HDD partition is corrupted.

Does the drive spin up when you switch on (feel it)?
Check the bios to see if the HDD is reported correctly and is at the top of the boot order.
Find a bootable CD - an OS installer, or create Easeus partition manager bootable CD http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm and boot from it. What does the HDD look like with Easueus?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-operating-system-error-loading-operating-system.157830/
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm trying to fix my friends Hp and I usually know what im doing. But here I have no idea what to do.

I tried going into the bios to change the boot order to cd to format and I can't. Can anyone tell me what to do.

-I changed out his hard drive with mine and it does nothing. just posts and goes to a black screen instead of trying to boot and blue screening as it usually do when you change hardrives between two computers

-Changed the Ide cables no luck.

Any ideas

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there A friend of mine gave me a mini Dell laptop and said he couldn t get it to work I started it and what boots is a screen that reads No Operating System along with other messages about the Ethernet controller and media test failure Along with the laptop came a disc labeled Operating System and one labeled Drivers System of No Operating message and Utilities and one labeled works without a dvd drive I copied the Operating System disc to a flash drive and installed it in the Mini Dell and started it and now it says Pen message of No Operating System Drive Without Operating System Remove Pen Drive message of No Operating System and Reboot I don t even know what a Pen Drive is but I figured it has something to do with the flash drive I have in it I m totally lost and could use some help I bought a mini laptop for my year old son for xmas and before I was able to wrap it up someone stole it So I thought this would be a nice replacement and I m at a total loss of what to do Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I had win xp prof. installed and running nicely until a blue screen showed up when i started the computer, i thought it was no big deal and tried to do a new instalation, i put the win xp cd into the cd drive but it doesn´t want to start so i put a floppy and got to DOS, there i fdisk the partition as well as de mbr (master boot record), my problem is that i can´t start a cd from the cd rom, my BIOS doesn´t even have an option to start from the cd, so i need help, i dont know what to do, and the worst now is that i can´t even start from a floppy either, please help

Relevancy 63.64%

I use a Compaq Presario laptop. WindowsXP operating system. I did a system restore two weeks ago and all was fine until recently. I now frequently get a black screen with the message at the top saying "Operating system not found" I restart and then I'm OK for awhile until it happens again. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what the problem might be. I would appreciate any advice available. Thanks, BarbaraH45

A:Operating System Not Found message

This could be trying to show that you might be havng a hard drive problem. I would suggest to backup all of your important data as soon as possible like right now to another media like CD-R's, DVD or thumb drive.

You say you have a Compaq, did you take the time to make the recovery disk(s)? If not I suggest doing that right away.

The next thing I would do right after that is to defragment the drive and then reboot.

Also if you visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hard drive they more than likely have some software that will help diagnose the drive I would suggest downloading that and running it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/operating-system-not-found-message.494362/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I am hoping I can find help here Message Operating Found System Not I have recently Operating System Not Found Message had a computer crash and needed to restire my hard drive and it does not seem to be taking I have a Compaq Presario desktop It runs Windows XP I do have the quick restore disks that I had to purchase and I also have drive washer I attempted to run the process of the restore disks and it would not load windows In looking through the forums I did a check of my hard drive through the BIOS and it was detecting so I attempted a third maybe even fourth attempt at doing the restore disks again Again it loaded but would not start windows So I grabbed an old copy od Windows and attempted to install that and it installed but I had to cancel when it asked for the product key as I lost it for that disk So I searched the forums again and saw a recommendation to wipe out the hard drive so I then attempted to do killdisk as per their websites instructions and could not get it to work I was able to create a bootup disk but not able to perform killdisk exe so today I borrowed a Drive Washer disk and booted with that Success I was able to erase my entire hard drive and attempt to start from scratch So I ran my restore disks again Everything seemed to load just fine but when it came to the point after all disks were copied and it needed to reboot to start windows it shutdown and then it came back on and is now displaying this message Operating system not found on any devices Press and key to try again Please Help I will provide any additional information needed to provide assistance just please let me know what you need and how to get it and I will do that Thank you MomOf nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

HP Pavillion running win Last week I came home from work and found my computer screen black and saying operating system not found I restarted first time it hung at blue screen Rebooted and it booted up fine It has done this days in a row and appears to be happening about noon everyday whether this is because I turn my pc on at system message not found operating the same time or if it s something time specific I don t know I ve run spybot search and destroy adaware my antivirus and other one did detect viruses in old files that were my long ago internet connection w hybris I ve also run scandisk here s the results of the last scans ScanDisk checked drive C for problems with the following results Directory structure ScanDisk did not find any problems File allocation table ScanDisk did not find any problems File operating system not found message system operating system not found message The free space was being reported incorrectly ScanDisk successfully fixed the free space count Surface scan ScanDisk did not perform any tests ScanDisk checked drive C for problems with the following results Directory structure ScanDisk did operating system not found message not find any problems File allocation table ScanDisk did not find any problems File system There were lost clusters in chains ScanDisk reclaimed the lost clusters as free space Surface scan ScanDisk did not perform any tests I have also run hijackthis here are those results Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGLOOP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMKEYBD EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM VETMSG X EXE C PROGRAM FILES CA ETRUST EZ ARMOR ETRUST EZ ANTIVIRUS VETTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES LOGITECH MOUSEWARE SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES CA ETRUST EZ ARMOR ETRUST EZ FIREWALL CA EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD DIGITAL IMAGING BIN HPOTDD EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD KEYBDMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD DIGITAL IMAGING BIN HPOBNZ EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONSCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMUSBKB EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD DIGITAL IMAGING BIN HPOEVM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZIPM EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRAM FILES CA ETRUST EZ ARMOR ETRUST EZ ANTIVIRUS VET EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www addfreestats com cgi-bin askpass cgi usr amp type R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Log On America R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION YCOMP DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run Keyboard Manager C Program Files Netropa One-touch Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM Run Vet Alert C WINDOWS System VetMsg x exe O - HKLM Run VetTray C PROGRA CA ETRUST ETRUST VETTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA LOGITECH MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM RunServices TrueVector C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE -service O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE quot background O - Startu... Read more

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Sony Vaio Model PCG-71511L. I did a factory restore on it so I can sell it and have am no longer able to get it to start up. I went into my Bios and it shows my hard-drive. I have tried to get my recovery discs to start it up but they don't do anything. Any suggestions?

A:No operating system message at start-up

How did you do the Factory Restore? Did you use Restore Discs or did you access a Restore Partition?
Boot into Setup (Bios) and go to Boot Priority and change CD rom drive to be the First Boot Device. Start the computer with your restore discs in and you should see the message, Press Any Key to Boot From CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-operating-system-message-at-start-up-648300.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi, i just bought a new pc.. it had vista on it so formatted fully.

i booted xp from cd and installed. after the blue screen installation my pc rebooted as normal.

when it loaded up a message says: problem with operating system

nothing else..

any help please.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I ran kill disk on my C: drive as i wanted to remove the data and install Windows 7 Valuation(90 day trial) . However after removing the data i rebooted my computer inserted the Windows 7 Valuation version and it did not boot as i had a black screen saying 'Missing operating system'. Can somebody suggest what i need to do to make sure that i can boot from my SSD HD to install Win7 please? Or do i need to purchase a new hard drive?

My intention is to install the software and test my hardware to test everything works before bying the full version.

Thanks

A:'Missing Operating System' message

Where did you get the Windows 7 disc? Did you create it yourself?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/missing-operating-system-message-948562.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello guys.
I just erased my whole disk drive and I created a single unpartitioned space to my hard drive using GParted(http://gparted.org) usb stick (which proves that this system can boot from usb).
The problem is that whenever I try to boot from my usb drive (fat32) to try either windows 10 technical preview or windows 8.1 the system bypass the usb stick and displays the message Missing Operating System (because it arrives at the 3rd boot option, the internal hard drive - 1st is external device and 2nd is the optical disk).
Any ideas?
Thank you.

A:Missing Operating System message while booting

You can't make a bootable usb of any version of Windows only linux, you CAN though make an install disk.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/63707-missing-operating-system-message-while-booting.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi anyone that can help me

I have had my comp for a few years now an never had this silly problem till now!
I switch on comp and I get the option of pressing f2 or f8 and when I press them I don't understand what to do next....I am not too well advanced in computers! My machine is a Packard bell with intel pent 4, on windows vista (home premium) I think.

I can't afford to buy any fancy software etc so I just need to know my best option. The only thing that I have is a recovery disc 1 that I downloaded when I bought the comp I don't recall any other discs.

I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks for reading.

Cathy

A:Message - Missing operating system on Vista

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

What does it say after hitting F8? Does it give you a Windows Safe Mode option?

Do you have any pictures?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/message-missing-operating-system-on-vista-695332.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I bought my son a computer with Vista (home basic I think) installed on it for school. Today he finally hooked it up to his cable for internet. After signing on he gets an "operating system or browser not supported" message. He spent over an hour on the phone with his Internet company, but they still couldn't figure it out. What is causing this? I'm assuming it has nothing to do with his isp (cox communications). Thanks.

Zippy

A:Operating System or Browser not supported message

What browser is he using? (I have no idea but the answer to this question might help others.)

Bigk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/operating-system-or-browser-not-supported-message.573933/
Relevancy 63.21%

I had recently purchased Windows 7 Home Premium, and when i put the disc into my computer, it says to press any key to boot from cd, and i do. When i press the key, it starts a loading bar and then comes up with this message. all of my usb devices are disconnected. i dont know what this problem is... any help?

black screen with white text says:
"Windows has encountered a problem with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard-drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

if you continue to recieve this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred"

A:This message appears when trying to install operating system from CD

Hi Jpatrickmcp

Please only post one thread per issue in one forum.

Continue replies here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1150413-computer-gives-me-message-when.html

Thank you

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-message-appears-when-trying-to-install-operating-system-from-cd.1150412/
Relevancy 63.21%

I was using my wife's Toshiba M45 Satellite laptop (XP) while away on vacation. After finishing I closed the window. Some time later I returned and the only thing on the screen was the message "Missing operating system". All my/her icons are gone. Subsequent boots result in the same message as already stated aboe. What should we do? Call a lawyer?

A:[SOLVED] Missing Operating System Message

A lawyer will tell you to call a computer tech. It sounds like either your boot file is corrupted or your HDD has failed. Restart the computer, and boot into Setup (Bios) See if the HDD is listed here. If not, try removing the HDD and pushing it back in. If it is listed in the Bios. On another computer download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature, burn the image to CD using IMGburn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created disc in the troubled computer. Run the Short and Long tests on the drive, if either fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-missing-operating-system-message-658378.html
Relevancy 62.35%

A while back, I swapped HDs in my two computers; that did not work at all, so I reinstalled the HDs in the respective computers. One has been working well since, the other one (the HP Pavilion 511n) now gets the following message on start-up: ?Operating System not found?. I found that when I do ?control-alt-delete?, the system starts and Windows XP works just fine. The only problem is that to get my computer working, I need to do ?ctrl-alt-del? everytime. Is there a way to correct the problem? Thanks.

luc

A:[SOLVED] «Operating System not found» message at start up

This sounds like the approach you need;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314503

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-operating-system-not-found-message-at-start-up-375689.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi All,

Shut down PC last night, all working perfectly. Today it won't boot with the "missing operating system" message. Have booted from Windows 7 installation disc, tried startup recovery - took 2 hours before reporting no automatic fix possible. It cannot find an installed Windows OS to do a system restore, so I attempted a "custom" clean re-install. However, I then get a "canot create system partition or find existing one" error message. I have tried to create a "New" one but nothing doing. I don't seem to have any HDD drivers to point to either.

I have two 500GB Western Digital WD5000 drives but that's all I know.

Can anyone help? Do I need fo reformat the C: drive?

Many thanks.

A:Missing operating system message, cannot re-install windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by rjs1974

Hi All,

Shut down PC last night, all working perfectly. Today it won't boot with the "missing operating system" message. Have booted from Windows 7 installation disc, tried startup recovery - took 2 hours before reporting no automatic fix possible. It cannot find an installed Windows OS to do a system restore, so I attempted a "custom" clean re-install. However, I then get a "canot create system partition or find existing one" error message. I have tried to create a "New" one but nothing doing. I don't seem to have any HDD drivers to point to either.

I have two 500GB Western Digital WD5000 drives but that's all I know.

Can anyone help? Do I need fo reformat the C: drive?

Many thanks.

Are both hD's seen in the bios setup ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/107738-missing-operating-system-message-cannot-re-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My Sony VGC RB38G runs Windows Media Center 2005 Xp, the hdd is orginal still, and is fuctioning yet and is only 250GB. I bought a 500GB Seagate Barracuda and used the Seatools to Clone, yet it will not start. I can see it in My Computer as drive F and I can see in the BIOS.

Any help here???

A:Cloning a hdd in XP new drive gets message Missing Operating System

So you cloned the 250GB to 500GB. So does the 500GB have XP on it or are you just using it as a additional storage. You might want to do that. Leave the 250GB as the Primary C: then have the 500GB as archive media storage. There you can have all your music, pictures, music for Media Center 2005. This way you don't have to clone the HDD.

C: 250GB (OS/Programs/MCE)
D: 500GB (Media)
E: DVD/CD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cloning-a-hdd-in-xp-new-drive-gets-message-missing-operating-system.144759/
Relevancy 62.35%

I had recently purchased Windows 7 Home Premium, and when i put the disc into my computer, it says to press any key to boot from cd, and i do. When i press the key, it starts a loading bar and then comes up with this message. all of my usb devices are disconnected. i dont know what this problem is... any help?

black screen with white text says:
"Windows has encountered a problem with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard-drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

if you continue to recieve this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred"

A:Computer gives me this message when trying to install Windows 7 Operating System

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-gives-me-this-message-when-trying-to-install-windows-7-operating-system.1150413/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hai,

"Missing operating system" massage is coming when i start my system and i am not able to start. I think because , i had given "mark partition as active" option for one hard dive (E) in disk management when last time i opened. it did not have any data. i did not know, this will make any problem. Now i am not able to boot windows re installation dvd also. i can only take BIOS settings. please any one suggest any way for rectifying this problem ASAP.

A:Missing operating system" error massage when system starts

Try disconnecting all drives except for your main drive and powering your system back up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214847-missing-operating-system-error-massage-when-system-starts.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I turned on my PC today for the first time in maybe mo slow to boot up but that's expected Got maybe ten minutes into using it just fine might I add Linked to wifi etc and Norton popped up needing to restart A + loading occurred error Error read operating disc system the computer Hit restart now ten minutes go by PC is still trying to shut down Black screen but the fan is running I shut it off completely A disc read error occurred + Error loading operating system push the power button again and get the disc error Try to restart twice with CtrlAltDel but same error Finally soft reset or try A disc read error occurred + Error loading operating system to no indication A disc read error occurred + Error loading operating system that holding the power button does anything and then got the quot Error loading operating system quot screen Now depending on how I restart it trying to boot from the BIOS menu or boot menu I get the disc read error but eventually come back to the OS error Nothing can get me into the system period I'm doing this from a secondary non-PC device Any help is appreciated I can get by on software fixes but I'm completely useless with hardware so all of the quick fix tips I've vaguely read have mentioned removing things from the actual console which I'm hoping I won't have to do Please help thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25e40f39-fbe7-4aa0-8a11-9873089e2a68/a-disc-read-error-occurred-error-loading-operating-system?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently i have been experiencing "disk read error press ctrl+alt+del to restart " and "Error loading operating system " most of the times i start my pc .
So what i have been doing is removing the two chords connected to my second hard disk and reconnecting them again .By this way my pc works just fine .
But isn't their a permanent solution to it ?

A:disk read error and error loading operating system

Recently i have been experiencing "disk read error press ctrl+alt+del to restart " and "Error loading operating system " most of the times i start my pc .So what i have been doing is removing the two chords connected to my second hard disk and reconnecting them again .By this way my pc works just fine .But isn't their a permanent solution to it ?There's no permanent solution for all problem situation.But usually for the same hardware problem, it will work again .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437088/disk-read-error-and-error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all,

Installed a DVDRW drive but comp crashed when installing some software and it stopped detecting my Primary Master and Slave drives. I've fiddled about with the Master and Slave configs and have managed to get it to detect my HD and DVDROM.

I've unplugged my DVDRW and my small HDD and am trying to get windows to load up.

After using FDISK /MBR an rebooting, I get "Missing Operating System".

Tried installing Windows XP after formatting, it seems to have installed but it's not loading.

Current config:

Slave: Pioneer DVDROM (not the DVDRW)
Master: Seagate 80GB (C: = 15GB) & (D: = 61GB).

D: has files on there that I'd like to recover. Too big to put on floppy.

I've run a search for similar problems and tried some of the solutions but no good. Any ideas? Thanks

Relevancy 57.62%

Well it must be one of those weeks for me as my 2 old laptops are out of oder right now (see here for the other one http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/1064313-laptop-keeps-restarting.html).

Ibm 600x thinkpad (windows xp sp3)can't reboot properly showing Error loading operating system message only or error 190 while I press whatever key to get into bios or change this.

Any advice on this welcome, I currently have my 2 machines down. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-190-or-and-error-loading-operating-system-on-ibm-600x.1064615/
Relevancy 57.62%

I HAVE A HARD DISK ERROR MESSAGE SAYS PRESS CONTROL -ALT-DEL TO RESTART BUT NOTHING HAPPENS JUST SAME MESSAGE. PLEASE DO ASSIST ME WITH THIS ISSUE.

A:OPERATING SYSTEM ERROR

I HAVE A HARD DISK ERROR MESSAGE SAYS PRESS CONTROL -ALT-DEL TO RESTART BUT NOTHING HAPPENS JUST SAME MESSAGE. PLEASE DO ASSIST ME WITH THIS ISSUE.Windows offers an option to boot into Safe Mode for just this sort of occasion so if you restart your computer and start tpaping the Funciton 8 key immediately, you'll see the Advanced Boot Menu. If your computer is a Packard Bell, you might get one of their menus first but accept the hard disk option and then tap F8 again for Windows to notice.From the Advanced menu, select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" then you should see a blue screen with the Stop Error message on it. Please post back some of the detail - the numeric element and anything alphabetic and separated by underscores. Someone will be able to help you when that information is posted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292629/operating-system-error/
Relevancy 57.62%

I need help trying to recover operating system Dell Computer that had windows vista. I tried to install windows xp and didn't complete the process. It said that disk was damage, needed to choose a different partition or quit the process. I ended up quiting the process. Now I have a black screen that says ERROR OPERATING SYSTEM. After several attempts to install windows xp, I decided to reinstall vista(original disk) but now it won't read the disk when I tried to boot the computer from CD drive. I don't know what to do. Can anyone please give me a hint on what to do next or should I assume that now my computer is useless? Thank you. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Reinamia

Relevancy 57.62%

I could not open windows last night , i guess it crashed so I tried repair and it wouldnt work. I bit the bullet and did a clean install and I have windows up now but no hardware is detected. I have no sound, terrible video , bottom line nothing. Did I ruin my computer, am saying that cuz I am a novice and dont know what I am doing. Is it fixable?

Relevancy 57.62%

when i am try to open a application or a icon in my computer the following error is coming
"rundll32.exe"
operating system xp professional service pack2
1. what is the reason ?
2. how can i solve the probleum very easily?

Relevancy 57.62%

I have bought an Inspiron 5559 laptop last month. It was windows 10 loaded. I wanted to install Ubuntu along with Windows for teaching purposes. For that I created new partitions for ubuntu. I changed option to legacy from uefi to boot from DVD. but in the time of installation I cant see other partitions. It seems as a whole 1 TB partition.

What can I do to have two os in my system ?

A:Two Operating system- error

Your best bet:  Install a virtualization server like vmware and run linux under that.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983385
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey all,
I am beyond fustration with my hp pavillion 8860 desktop pc. Here is the problem, the first time i start it, it would freeze. The seconed time you start it it would say no operating system found. I tried to go into BIOS but it wouldn't let me. I also tried to format my hard drive and do a new installation with my hp recovery cd's but nothing works! IT WON'T FORMAT MY HARD DRIVE!!! So i could use some help, but i can hear my hard drive working. Oh and one last thing, i tried to use f disk but it says no drives exists.
Please help! I would be greatly appreciative!

handi

A:operating system error

Try disconnecting the hard drive and the CD-drive alternately and going into bios. If you can't with the cd-rom is installed, the cd-rom is probably bad. If you can't with the hard drive installed, look for a new hard drive... Freezing could also be indicative of a memory problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/operating-system-error.157732/
Relevancy 57.62%

when i go to restart, windows won't load. i get the black screen with the options to start in same mode, etc. It looks like Windows start to go, then a blue screen flashes so fast you can't read it and then you go back to a black screen. i have an hp running windows xp home.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys so I was helping my friend fix his computer and it needed a new mobo, cpu etc and we installed Windows 8.1.

Everything ran perfectly and then when I installed the USB wireless adapter and booted up it gave the error "no operating system."

Tried the repair function on the windows disk and it booted into Windows but it seemed to do it again after updates occurred...

I was wondering if anyone had issues with USB wireless adapters and this error.

Thanks

A:No operating system error

I would tend to think the wireless adapter is a red herring and the real issue is that the HDD is on its way out.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/56045-no-operating-system-error.html
Relevancy 57.62%

my wife's laptop crashed and states that there is no OS when turned on. I can get to BIOS but know where to go from there. All I want to do is get the pictures off the hard drive. Any help?

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I am new here I try installing windows ultimate to my notebook Panasonic Cf- operating Error system. to load I initialised the bitlocker to my Drive C and also encrypted it then I restarted the computer At boot up bitlocker requested to enter digits to confirm I pressed esc to exit that screen and windows started normally The next day the second time Error to load operating system. I started win I did enter digit and got successful confirmation But the third time started win It is strange that the Error to load operating system. screen to request digits was on again this time I just pressed esc and continued to log on to windows This morning I started win and I could not enter to windows At nervous I did insert Error to load operating system. the win installation DVD and try the fix boot recovery It works for some minutes and then request to restart The problem is here my laptop just only appeared the line quot error to load operating system quot when starting windows Now it just hang there It seems that my SSD is locked by bitloacker The Cf- has TPM v it uses the SSD intel Gen Any one can help me to load windows normally Can I use other computer to access the data on the SSD as the SSD contains the OS not the data only If I can not use the data on the SSD Will I be able to just format the drive and install windows again How to do that I did try to install windows to the SSD but the win installation wizard just not see the SSD as usual Many thanks

A:Error to load operating system.

I solved myself by using killdisk included in UBCD and gone all the data ! I reinstalled win 7 successfully.

But i have another problem that happen many times. it is that after 2 days using and had win 7 updated. Win 7 got error reporting that it could not write to memory address ..... and it could not fix, I had to shutdown win 7. After shutdown and restart, win 7 just disappeared and my Cf-52 could not start to boot to win 7, it reported that no hard drive installed (i.e the boot agent could not see the SSD, how strange !).
Anybody have such case like me ?
Is it the Cf-52 hardware compatible with the Intel SSD or is it just the issue of win 7 and Intel SSD ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/50095-error-load-operating-system.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400733/error-loading-operating-system/#entry2981888 - Hamluis.

I am having this problem also when i click F9 it brings me to a screen that says 

Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer 

Choose your Language settings and then click "next"

Click "repair your computer"

File: \boot\memtest.exe

Info:  The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

My computer didn't come with the disks to repair it and i dont know how to fix it please help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485959/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

There is a problem with my old PC Windows x Intel duo core processor GB RAM which was custom or assembled it says 'Error loading operating system' and I have been trying to fix it for hours Earlier when this happened A lot of times I fixed it from the Repair option when I press F contineously but when i keep system operating Error Help!! loading on pressing it nothing happens System Repair Blackscreen does not come It happened when I pressed the Help!! Error loading operating system restart button in my CPU when my PC was stuck for a long time instead of waiting and manually restarting The biggest problem is that I LOST my Windows CD All I have now is just a USB with backup files When I put on the USB while booting it says 'BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart' but it shows the same thing when I restart When I pressed F It showed the Boot Option Menu it had options SATA Optiarc DVD RW AD- Realtek Help!! Error loading operating system Boot Agent MBIC SS MMoser Baee Disk PMAP That one is my USB These didn't work either So Please help me to find a way to fix it Ask me if you want any more information Thanks Rex

A:Help!! Error loading operating system

Hi

Either a corrupted MBR or a failing hard drive can cause that error message. I would suggest ;

1. Replace the SATA data cable of the hard disk.

2. Run a "Long Test" with "Seatools for DOS" and verify disk's health condition.

SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/368446-help-error-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I was working on my thesis last night when my computer crashed. Upon rebooting, I was hit with a black screen and the words, "Error loading operating system".

I had plopped in my Windows Vista 64 bit Recovery CD and it booted up right up to the part of the loading screen and then it went black.

I'm just stuck there now.

A:Error Loading Operating System

Was there any indication why the system crashed?

Can you get to safe mode?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296857-error-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi guys. when I turn on my sony vaio vgn-n38e it comes up with error loading operating system it does it again when I re start it. can anyone help please

A:error loading operating system

Can you log on to Safe Mode?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301109-error-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey everyone, I am new here and have a huge problem with my computer. I have a gateway computer that is 2.5 year old. I am running Window XP home version. I have spyware by webroot, cox security suite, agv anti-virus. My computer has been working fine until this morning. I used the computer last night and everything worked fine. I shut the computer off went to bed. When I woke up this morning and turned it on and it runs for about 5 seconds and I get a black screen with the message "Error Loading Operating System". It does not bring up the gateway screen or anything before I get the error message. I have the XP disk if needed. Also everything on the computer is already backed up.

you could try a repair off the recovery console using your xp cdpressing R gets you there and when the recovery console menu showstype in chkdsk /r press enter then try to start your computerif that dont work then do a full non-destructive repair

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105127/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have a vaio VGN FE B with a GB HDD and Windows XP SP I wanted to upgrade my HDD to a GB so I used Norton Ghost v to copy my old hard drive onto the new one My old hard drive is a Hitachi Travelstar GB DISK My new hard Loading Operating System Error drive is a Seagate Momentus GB DISK First I created partitions onto DISK On the first partition I copied the recovery partition from DISK On the second partition I Error Loading Operating System copied the OS partition from DISK When copying the OS partition on Norton Ghost I selected quot Copy MBR quot and quot Make partition Active for booting OS quot Note that these selections were not made when I copied the recovery partition from DISK to DISK I removed DISK from my laptop and placed DISK When trying to boot my system now from DISK the error message quot error loading operating system quot appeared I read on the net that this might be a SATA drivers problem but I don't think so I checked my BIOS and the new disk is recognized as a GB drive Moreover I checked on Sony support which by the way sucks and found out that my old drive was as SATA as well So I guess it's not a SATA drivers problem I really can't find a solution to this problem so I desperately need your help Many thanks in advance

hello i need the rcovery script files for a zoostorm pc because when i try to restore my system to factory settings i get an error diskpart can not open the script file to recover

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-460919.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This error loading system operating morning I went to turn on my error loading operating system PC and received a black screen with the following message - Error loading operating system I have Windows XP Professional Yesterday I was having trouble w IE - it kept radomly closing on me - so I thought perhaps I had a virus I installed the latest MS updates and then ran my virus scan Etrust antivirus overnight When I checked out the PC this morning it had rebooted and was showing a black screen w the above-referenced error message I do not have an Automated System Recovery disk for this PC and even worse I do not have my files etc backed up yes I'm an idiot Otherwise I probably would have simply reinstalled Windows I ran a diagnostic called BootMaster Partition Recovery http bootmaster filerecovery biz index html and it told me that an NTFS volume on drive appears to be in an unstable condition called it a dirty volume and BootMaster couldn't repair it and that I should call Microsoft which I'm not really inclined to do I'm happy to pay for tech support but I'm not convinced calling Microsoft is the most expeditious way to go So any thoughts out there on whether or not there is any chance I can save my data Many many thanks

boot into the recovery console and run
chkdsk /r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-118415.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hey guys a i really need some help. I restarted my other computer and got the message error loading operating system. its a hp pavillion xt963. ive tried using the f10 option but it dosnt work. please help!!!

Did you make any changes to your computer just before this problem started?Here are some suggestions:Error Loading Operating SystemError loading Operating System after Windows XP setup

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109625/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer did a crash dump and when it restarted there was just a black screen saying error loading operating system, what do I do. I have an old asus laptop with Windows Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-loading-operating-system.1157717/
Relevancy 57.19%

when i turn on my computer, it shows a black page that says error loading operting system. what does this mean and how do i fix it?

Is that all it says on the page?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151623/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer appears to be running perfectly normal apart from the fact
that whenever I try to restore a partition, clone a drive or attempt
do a clean install, it will not boot and I get the message saying, error
loading operating system. It can't be the hard drives because it
happens even with my brand new hard drive. If the drive I'm using
boots perfectly and I clone it to another drive, surely they are both
exactly the same. So why will the newly cloned drive not boot?

Because the new drive isn't exactly the same as the old one (even "identical" drives aren't the same).
But, I don't think that this relates directly to your problem (since a clean install wouldn't suffer from this issue).

Could you describe what you're trying to do in a bit more detail so we can start troubleshooting it at the appropriate level?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146642/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, My two month old acer aspire 5735z is giving the above message when I boot up,I get a black screen a flashing curser an the message-error loading operating system ,I did not make a recovery disc (I know!).

I took it back to p.c. world but they wanted Ł60 to sort it .

Is there any recovery software I can use to fix or reformat (last option),

Thanks for reading ,Tinbasher,.........o.s. is vista basic

Relevancy 57.19%

I have this same problem I set partitions for installing XP the setup Another Loading Operating Error System copies the files restarts and says error loading operating system I have tried Taking out of RAM sticks Updating BIOS Swapping CD ROM drives for install Used a different XP installation disc The BIOS detects both HD and CD-R There is only IDE port on the MOBO so its running the Another Error Loading Operating System CD ROM and Hard Drive through one cable its awkwardly wired but iv done this before and it works so im presuming this isnt the problem Jumpers are set correctly for master and slave The ribbon cable end is going to the Hard Drive MASTER and the middle end of the ribbon cable is going to the SLAVE CD ROM The PSU is W running an Athalon X gigs of ram gb hd dvd rw an ATI x Dont spose this is Another Error Loading Operating System related in any way No idea Another Error Loading Operating System what else to try has anyone got any suggestions

A:Another Error Loading Operating System

Using a generic xp disk

1. make sure the ide hard drive is set for the 2nd boot device in bios/turn off sata

2. delete the primary partition, recreate it and slow format from the cd, this will set that partition active

3. if that doesn't work? what is the motherboard brand and model number
reusing an old pata drive in a newer computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138867/another-error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

Yesterday, my CPU keep beeping and can't be able to start up so i did try to open out the cover and check the RAM and it FIX but today when i try to startup my CPU it shows 'Error Loading Operating System'.
Any idea how to solve it with step by step?
Thanks guys in advance =]

Relevancy 57.19%

One day I booted my PC and got the error message

Verifying DMI Pool Data...
Error loading operating system.

I entered the BIOS (Mercury Motherboard) and chose the "Load Fail safe defaults settings" and XP booted successfully but when I'm choosing "Load optimized defaults", I get the same error message again.

A technician told me to run the system on fail safe defaults only as there is no need for optimized defaults but I was not satisfied. He told me that the HDD in which Windows is installed has some problem so I should either get the HDD changed or install Windows in another HDD. I just wanted another opinion from the TSF team on this matter. Please advice me.

A:Error loading Operating System

yes that would indicate a hdd problem.

go to command prompt and chkdsk /r and let chkdsk do its thing.

Also download the hard drive manufacturers diagnostic utility and run that.

If you have the xp disk put in the drive and from the run box type sfc/ scannow this will install any corrupt or missing windows files again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-601704.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a home built PC System Error Random Operating though I did not build it After start up there is a good chance the computer Random Operating System Error screen will freeze and Random Operating System Error the mouse Random Operating System Error and keyboard no longer respond I use the electrical cut off button to restart At times rebooting the Windows start up has been interrupted but this is more common after updating Consequently I just reboot until I get a stable running environment I've had this problem checked out three times by more savvy people then I but none of the hardware shows fault I do not have many non windows processes resident and except for those that were bundled with the sound card none seem to be the fault I realized nobody was checking the Happaugh TV card which I don't need and think to remove How would I remove the Hippaugh TV card Any input on what else could cause this problem is appreciated Thought to add this problem may occur up to minutes past windows log on and can occur while the system is idling at the password screen I just wait for it there no sense getting involved and losing that work

A:Random Operating System Error

Well...you need to physically remove the card...but, more importantly, you need to uninstall the drivers and software which accompany that card.

But...i don't think this is a problem...your hard shutdowns do more damage each time that you do such...it's common for system files to become damaged during/by such...and that includes files used to boot the system.

I suggest running the chkdsk /r command, as a start.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter.  Type Y in new screen, hit Enter.  Reboot...the command will execute before attempting to boot into Windows.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507827/random-operating-system-error/
Relevancy 57.19%

I just recently got a new motherboard for my computer. I set everything up, turned on my comp, and after it loaded, it gave the following error:
"Error loading operating system"
This is while in dos mode still.

I've tried using bootdisks, booting from the windows cd-rom, reformatting windows, and formatting the entire partition with windows then reinstalled.

I use windows XP. I don't know if the problem is in my BIOS settings or not. I've read through the manual and see nothing to fix this. Anyone got any ideas?

A:Error loading operating system

Hi Mazuli,
Is the OS installed?
If you have a boot disk with fdisk on it boot from it. At command prompt type fdisk /MBR
Then hit enter.
This will clear ther old mbr and make a new one. When finished try rebooting and see what happens. You can get fdisk from fdisk.com if you need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-loading-operating-system.112578/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium pre installed (i have no cd/dvd of OS).

From last few days i sometime get 'Operating system Not Found' error ... when i restart(ctrl alt del) it it displays the same error. However when i do a hard reboot it works fine.

But its time to get support before i get into real trouble, i have 13 days left in warranty.

What are the steps suggested for me? please advise!

Thanks a lot

Dharmendra

A:Operating System not found error

Call HP and get a ticket started ASAP. Or return it

They should walk you through Running Hard Drive Diagnostics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/operating-system-not-found-error.722221/
Relevancy 57.19%

Win XP sp2

I turned my laptop on and it will not boot up.

I get my HP screen and at bottom says the usual press f2 for setup

then next I get a black screen with the message.

"Error loading operating system"

HELP!

A:Error Loading Operating System Win Xp Sp2

Do you have the restore disks for your system?
Or, do you have an XP installation CD for your system?

If not, then I'd first suggest trying a bootable hard drive diagnostic from the manufacturer of your hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134206/error-loading-operating-system-win-xp-sp2/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I've tried searching the forum Operating System Error Loading but nobody seems to have had the exact Error Loading Operating System same Error Loading Operating System problem as me I've had the same computer for years now one which I built myself and until a couple of days ago it's been fine However it was starting to get a little slow and so I looked on the internet for ideas on how to fix it I can't say for sure what caused the problem because I did a few things However most was removing itunes from startup and the like obviously I didn't stop any services that I shouldn't have and the windows sidebar The only thing that I hadn't done before was a service called error checking and I also selected the scan and perform recovery of bad sectors bit Anyway when I tried to boot again I got the message quot error loading operating sytem quot I have tried changing boot settings in the BIOS switching the hard drive that is used to load in case it was using the wrong one I saw a lot of people had success with fixboot and fixmbr with the vista disk I have one but can't load from it I put it in and select to boot get the press any key message loading windows components the bar loading and then just a blank screen I've left it for hours and still nothing happens This is driving me crazy does anyone please have any idea what I could try

Try booting in safe mode F8 during system post logo. If Windows loads go to start type in CMD in the command prompt

type in

CHKDSK /R
type in y for yes reboot.

It is odd that the Windows disk does not work. Could be scratches on the disk. Is the disk a genuine copy?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-loading-operating-system-624668.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I was attempting to load XP on a separate drive from my Vista machine Booted in the XP CD formatted and began the installation After the setup files were copied to the other drive the computer rebooted to finish the installation Upon reboot I got quot Error loading operating system quot Reading further I see that the mbr boot sector and boot files were overwritten on my computer I booted from my Vista DVD navigated to the Boot directory and issued quot Bootsect exe NT All quot at command prompt Says it was successful I reboot and still get the same error I loading operating Error system also tried the automatic repair option It didn t find any problems and didn t fix the error Booted again to command prompt from the Error loading operating system Vista DVD This time tried bootrec FixMbr bootrec FixBoot bootrec RebuildBcd When I issued last command it said it was successful but Windows installations found was Also did a chkdsk on my hard drive and came back clean All files and Error loading operating system directories are still present as well Rebooted and still getting the same error What do I need to do nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-loading-operating-system.997421/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all, I'm new here and have a big problem. I have an E-Machines computer and having this problem that says, "Error loading operating system" I have no backup disks or MS Windows disks.

What can I do?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Sue

Hi and Welcome to TSF

I am assuming you are using Windows XP as stated under your name so I moved this thread to the appropriate forum.

At what point are you getting this error?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-119728.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently contracted a nasty virus on my office computer via trojandropper That computer is running on Win The virus messed with the MBR In my effort to fix it I connected the drive to my home computer running XP Home and ran an antivirus scan which found plenty of error loading operating system infection but didn't solve the problem and also ran chkdsk fixboot fixmbr and bootcfg repair Now my home computer is also broken It error loading operating system won't boot to Windows I get the message quot error loading operating system quot The drive is found error loading operating system in BIOS The partition is found in chkdsk and bootcfg repair which reports that it is repaired The drive looks fine if I slave it to another computer running XP I also ran AVG and EASUS Partition Recovery on the drive while it was slaved Still no bueno I noticed that in diskpart the drive a GB Seagate Barracuda has MB of unformatted space I tried to clear out that space by partitioning it formatting it and then deleting the partition It would not allow me to partition MB of the free space Finally I tried Repair Install of XP which recognized the old installation and completed fine but the computer still won't boot to Windows and gives me the same error message Please help I do not want to wipe the drive and start over

Relevancy 57.19%

I was attempting to load XP on a separate drive from my Vista machine Booted in the XP CD formatted and began the installation After the setup files were copied to the other drive the computer rebooted to finish the installation Upon reboot I got quot Error loading operating system quot Reading further I see loading system operating Error that the mbr boot sector and boot files were overwritten on my computer I booted from my Vista DVD navigated to the Boot directory and issued quot Bootsect exe NT All quot at command prompt Says it was successful I reboot and still get the Error loading operating system same error I also tried the automatic repair option It didn't find any problems and didn't Error loading operating system fix the error Booted again to command prompt from the Vista DVD This time tried bootrec FixMbr bootrec FixBoot bootrec RebuildBcd When I issued last command it said it was successful but Windows installations found was Also did a chkdsk on my hard drive and came back clean All files and directories are still present as well Rebooted and still getting the same error What do I need to do

Hi
If your xp installation went through smoothly without skipping any of its files then i'd suggest you to download EasyBCD. This one will allow you to modify your mbr at ease, it works fine in vista but in xp it requires dot net framework 2.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290063-error-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I d be grateful for anyone s thoughts on this one I downloaded the latest security patch from MS the one about remote takeover of computers installed it restarted and then got a horrible error message - Error Operating System Loading error loading operating system Its like an old fashioned command prompt that you see in the movies - just that single line on a completely blank screen with a flashing cursor awaiting instruction I m running a dell with windows XP home service pack and all other patches etc installed Everything was fine prior to this What happens is that I switch on the graphics card details flash on the screen as normal followed by the Dell splash screen with F and F prompts and bios version a then the above blank screen Nothing works once the above screen is reached From reading the web I ve kind of figured out that this is a problem on the bios and that somehow my bios has become corrupted One solution offered on a few sites seems to be go into bios and then change the hard drive access mode from auto to Error Loading Operating System large but i m not sure about this and it sounds a bit scary Any thoughts Error Loading Operating System My prime concern is that I have a lot of data on my hard drive stupidly only partly backed up - I know and I m really worried about losing it I should confess that I m a bit of a newie at these things and my technical knowledge is very limited so please phrase any replies in simple terms Thanks

My prime concern is that I have a lot of data on my hard drive [stupidly only partly backed up - I know!!!] and I'm really worried about losing it.Rightly so, but who among us have not been caught in this situation?Without addressing your original issue, I just want to speak to getting the data off of the hard drive. You could always remove the hard drive and install it in another computer as a 'slave' drive. The working computer should still boot up from the 'good' Master hard drive, and then you will be able to navigate (start > my computer) to the slave drive and recover your data. More info on how to install a second drive can be found HERE.But of course, if you need help with this or any other procedure you can just ask for help here and we can explain it in more detail or refer to somewhere on the web where it will be explained more fully.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40521/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey all, i have an issue trying to load up windows xp pro. the other day i was running spybot, ad-aware, and avast. after everything came out ok i reboot to finish the install of an avast update. upon reboot i got as far as the screen that shows system information, and at the bottom of the screen it said searching for floppy boot record. then the screen goes blank except for the message "Error loading operating system". cannot get into safe mode or setup. have checked hd cables and reseated. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like something in windows was corrupted. If you have a windows xp cd, try booting from cd and running recovery console. Here is a microsoft overview of how to use it.http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...e_overview.mspxIf you have trouble booting from cd, go into bios setup and change boot order to have cd drive ahead of hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43432/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently bought a new hard drive and decided to upgrade from Win to Win k I put the new hard drive in the computer and started to install Win k The setup program ran then rebooted Fix Error Loading Operating System Possible the system and I got the Error Loading Operating System error Nothing I did seemed to fix it I Error Loading Operating System Possible Fix repartitioned I tried NTFS and FAT partitions that didn t help Error Loading Operating System Possible Fix I tried fix mbr and fix boot from the Error Loading Operating System Possible Fix recovery console nothing I was able to install Win without a problem and decided to upgrade from that but I still got the error I finally found a message somewhere that gave me an idea The new HD was a Maxtor so I went to Maxtor and got their PowerMax drive checkout software I did a low-level format of the drive and then Win k installed without a hitch I m not exactly sure WHY I had to do a low level format as this was a brand new drive that had never had anything on it But the point is it worked So if anyone is having problems with installing and getting the Error Loading Operating System message try doing a low level format of the hard drive and see if that helps I had seen a few messages about this error on this message board while I was looking for a fix so I thought I would post my story and how I fixed it so that someone else may have an easier time than I did nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-loading-operating-system-possible-fix.165021/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Dell Dimension Windows XP with Drives C GB and D GB PC is getting slow and needs more virtual memory I made images of C loading system operating Error and D to xternal drive H I unpluged C Error loading operating system and Error loading operating system D from pc I pluged new Error loading operating system C GB SATA with SATA PATA IDE adapter to mobo in master position Installed XP PC stalled times in the process I partitioned the drive to GB using the quot fast format option quot Sucessfully installed XP on this drive Turned off pc Turned on again getting XP screen after a very very slow process and pc stalled Reboot pc said something wrong quot quot press quot r quot at first screen quot quot I did It then said quot quot press Ctrl Alt Del quot I did The message quot press Ctrl Alt Del quot came back again again and again Afraid the installation of XP was not perfect I unpluged the C drive b I then pluged the old C back in to test if something was wrong It booted to the old windows ok as I always had Turned pc off I then plug the new C drive to slave position attempted to format this drive to start a new fresh XP installation PC recognized the drive I formated it by quot slow option quot It gone through I went for a soda Came back pc said something wrong and message quot error loading operating system quot This message kept came in back after every boot I upluged C Kept only C in master position turned on pc the same message came back b Unpluged C then pluged C in master position and by itself The same message came back Turned off pc and went to library internet to search for answer Now I have quot bios exe quot file downloaded from Dell for my model Before trying to boot this to pc as some said it works I wondering what was wrong before making another step Was it simply my mobo cannot partitioning large drive I will put the cd that has the BIoS exe file to cd drive and using boot utility to start pc from cd drive Is this the way people does to quot boot quot I have never done this before I also have from maxtor com the quot UpdateMyDrive exe file in another cd ready to boot if quot boot exe quot doesnot work someone said so Right now when turning pc on I can only go to either quot F go to set up quot or quot F go to boot utility quot before the message quot error loading operating system quot pops up I break this into small steps so you can help answer which step was wrong how to fix and help me to move on Thanks I also have quot ChipSet exe quot quot SystemUtility exe quot DriverResetToll exe quot downloaded from Dell in separate CDs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-479012.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm having the same problem on my computer. I built mine on my own. It will start to boot up, finish the PCI Devices Listing and then display "Error Loading OS" right after it says it verifying DMI Pool Data... I accessed the bios and my HD is detected. I have a 200Gb internal hard drive as a slave drive to it and I am curious as to whether I could switch the cables between the HDs and get it to boot off the 200Gb and install XP on it, then pull the data off of the old one (original boot drive) that is now connected as the slave drive.

A:Yet another Error Loading Operating System

Hanging at the DMI Pool is totally different. can of worms. I suggest starting your own thread on the subject

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138869/yet-another-error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok. Not very happy right now.

When I boot up my pc, it immeadiatly (or almost) jumps to black screen stating "Error loading operating system" nothing more, nothing less. Right before I got this message, I had BSOD "Driver IRQL not less or equal". The only changes to my system were opening my external hard drive to clean it. I am looking for a remedy to make this drive, os and all, useable again. Please dont repost saying reformat. That wont be of much help. Thanks in advance.

A:"error Loading Operating System"

Well first do you have the Windows install software for your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59097/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

I dropped my vaio laptop and get the message. I get the SONY screen and then I get " Error loading operations sytem" and nothing happens. I hit control C and then I get a blank screen. Any hints on next steps?

CODFISH4

Reseat the hard drive caddy and go online to get the drive manufacturers disk diagnostics utility. Your drive may be dead or other components in the laptop may have been damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-loading-operating-system.429950/
Relevancy 57.19%

I got a blue screen and then "Error loading operating system" with a black screen came up. Can somebody please help me.

Dell Laptop Inspiron 8600, Pentium M, 1.4 GHz, 15.4 in WXGA
512MB, DDR, 333MHz, 2 Dimms
32MB NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 Go Card
40GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive
No Floppy Drive
4X DVD+RW
Microsoft Windows XP Home

If you are in the process of setting up Windows XP,your computer might not support the capacity of the hard disk on which you are installing Windows XP.Read thru This Micro$oft KB article.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70134/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

My hard drive has become really slow and is about frizzed so I bought a replacement and tried to install it myself.

I put it in fine, and loaded the XP boot disk. As the setup was in progress the computer ran out of power. I turned it back on (hooked up to the AC adaptor this time, and now it won't do anything but say Error Loading Operating System.

I tried changing the boot order in BIOS but that didnt do anything, and i cant even remember how to get back into the bios.

I tried using a Linux (UBUNTU) disk instead of windows - no change...

its a toshiba satellite A25-S280

I'm at my wits end. Please help.

While traveling across country I tried to install Windows Vista on only battery power (on a Toshiba M45 laptop) - it was a disaster (battery died 3 times!)! So much was corrupted that it required a complete format and reinstall to get it to work.

I suspect that this is the case with your system. I'd suggest formatting your hard drive and then using the Toshiba restore CD to set your system back up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75005/error-loading-operating-system/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello there i was wondering if anyone can help me...

Yesterday i went to reinstall windows as i wanted to completely clear my computer.. everything was working perfectly before i done this..

so i booted the xp disk and deleted partitions and cleared everything.. i went to install windows xp again.. after the steps were done my computer restarted

Now it keeps coming up Press any key to boot from cd.......... Error loading operating system

BIOS is detecting my hard drive SATA

Attempts Made ----

Fix Mbr
Bootfix

I then tried to reinstall windows again but it keeps coming up the same error

Thanks very much i hope you can help

A:Error loading operating system - XP

Try deleting all partitions and reformatting your HDD using GParted

then reinstall Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-loading-operating-system-xp.166042/
Relevancy 57.19%

i have a dell studio and i am unable to get it to boot off the vista 64 bit dvd. when i try it loads the windows files than gives me a black screen and cursor. everytime i try to boot it, it gives me a message saying 'error loading operating system'

Studio Laptop 1537

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
My system was working fine till yesterday but when i switched On today, getting a black screen mentioning 'Error Loading operating system'.

Tried 'Boot Menu' and did complete testing but still facing issue.
I have Reinstallatio DVD of HOme Vista Home PRemium.

Should i reinstall it? if so, will i loose all my data.

Pls help

A:Error Loading operating system

Hello Sudarmani, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might see if running a startup repair may be able to help. Sometimes it may take running it a few times though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295991-error-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there,
I own a DELL Dimension 4600C, and I had a trouble with it last week. I got the message for "Unmountable Boot". I misplaced my original Windows XP Pro CD, so I used my friend's bootable XP CD, and try to check disk. I followed instructions on the Microsoft website, nothing worked until I made bootable floppies and tried to repair the system. It wouldn't complete the repairing and always went back to the blue screen with the unmountable boot error.

I decided to reformat, so I deleted the partition and tried to install the new windows. It took way too long to delete the partition, and at the end I received a message indicating can't be completed ( I can't recall the reason).After that, I keep getting black screen with error of loading operating system.

Any guidence or help to resolve this problem will be really appreicated.

Thanks

Welcome to TSF,

Download and run the drive manufacturer’s utilities If the drive passes diagnostics, use the utility to wipe or zero the drive and try the install again. Sounds like remnants of the old install are preventing the new install

Bill.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-120828.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
I have windows xp on a compaq evo n610c and every time i reboot the computer i get the error message: error loading operating system. It says f10 to access bios but I can't bios by pressing f10 instead it takes me to the error message... how can i fix this???

A:windows operating system error

So you restart and immediately start pressing F10 a bunch of times and can't get to the BIOS?
Do you hear any beeps?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-operating-system-error-471823.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a compaq presario cq61-340sa laptop which I bought in the UK many years ago. I now live in Australia. I get 'error operating loading system' when I turn laptop on and no other function can be done. I think it's Windows 64 but it could be 34 I have no idea, and as I cannot get into the computer I am not sure how I would find out.can someone please help. I think I may need some recovery discs. If this is the case does anyone know how I would get them or  who to contact  in the UK. Anyone have an email or phone number that would help me?As I assume I would not be able to get them  In Australia for a laptop bought in the Uk. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Error-operating-loading-system/td-p/5730259
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently got the message "error loading operating system". My computer was working fine, so I have no idea what is causing it. I left my comp in standby mode and when I went back to it several hours later it was completely turned off (which leads me to believe one of my roommates turned it off by pressing the power button on the comp itself). When I turned it back on it gave me the error message, but when I hit F12 during start up and select "primary master" startup it wil work perfectly. Whenever I try to restart it keeps giving me the error. Does anyone know why my comp will only work under these conditions. Any help will be appreciated.

A:error loading operating system.....again

Check you BIOS setting and make sure your machine is set to boot from the C: drive. Also you might want to run a scan disk. Goto My Computer > Right click on C: drive > left click properties > click tools > then under error-checking click check now > check both the boxes at the top. Next time your computer reboots it will check the intergirty of the c drive. Let us know what you find.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-again-122012.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone I had Windows Vista on a WD Velociraptor GB Then I got a WD Velociraptor GB and put Windows on it So two Operating Systems on two separate hard drives Normally after my BIOS screen a menu loads asking if I want to boot Windows or Windows Operating Error System Loading Vista Vista was the C drive was the F drive It worked gloriously for several months But now the pain has begun The sound on my computer was very quiet one day Everything seemed set correctly so I decided to try a restart During the restart when it reached the black Windows screen it seemed to freeze I restarted the computer again After the BIOS screen where I would normally be asked what OS I want it instead says quot Error Loading Operating System quot And now that is the message I get every time I try to restart my computer -Both hard drives are listed by my BIOS Error Loading Operating System -If I disconnect or disable only the GB drive I get quot Error Loading Operating System quot -If I disconnect or disable only the GB drive I get quot Error Loading Operating System quot -I have not been able to locate my Windows Vista CD yet although I probably could if it were the likely solution -I located my Windows CD I booted from the disc with only the GB drive and CD drive enabled in the BIOS I went to the quot Repair your computer quot In the System Recover Options screen there are no operating systems listed I don t have a system image to restore from so I select quot User recovery tools quot anyways I run the Startup Repair option but it doesn t seem to help If I run Windows Memory Diagnostic it says quot Windows cannot check for memory problems quot quot An error is preventing Windows from checking for memory problems during startup Although it seems to run the memory diagnostic tests when I try Startup Repair If I select Command Prompt and type quot FIXBOOT quot or quot fixboot quot it says it s not a recognized command I m wondering if it might be a non-hard-drive hardware issue since both HDs seem to have been affected simultaneously I didn t use the Vista drive much but I could always see it listed as the C drive whenever I opened an Explore window which was quite frequently Perhaps the motherboard is shot But that would be a gigantic pain to replace so hopefully it s something else I don t care too much about the Vista installation at this point Although I d definitely like to get my installation back intact Does anyone have any ideas -Ben

When I try the Startup Repair, and Select "Click here for diagnostic and repair details", it says the following:

Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log
----------------------------------------------
Number of repair attempts: 1

Session details
System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
WIndows directory =
AutoChk Run = 0
Number of root causes = 1

Tests Performed:
Name: Check for updates
Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0
Time taken = 16ms

Test Performed:
Name: System disk test
Time taken = 16ms

Test Performed:
Name: Disk failure diagnosis
Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:
Name: Disk metadata test
Time taken = 0 ms

Root cause found:
The partition table does not have a valid System Partition.

Repair action: Partition table repair
Time taken = 7987 ms

Upon restart, I get the same error messages as usual.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328883/error-loading-operating-system/