Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Admin rights from a limited account

Q: [SOLVED] Admin rights from a limited account

I have 4 profiles setup on my boy's PC. An admin account for myself and then 1 each for my 3 boys. All 3 of their accounts are limited for obvious reasons, but can I login as an administrator from one of their limited profiles?

The reason being, is that if I am trying to do something from one of their profiles and I can't perform the task because I'm not the administrator, it's a pain to logout and then log back in on my account.

There has to be an easier way...No?

TIA

Greg

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Admin rights from a limited account

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Admin rights from a limited account

you're on XP so this is quite an annoying task, it's easier in vista but i'll see if i can help you out... what sort of task are you thinking of completing, there are many workarounds, you may/may not know that XP has a "System" user which has administrator privelages, XP can be tricked to run tasks from the command prompt as this system account... It all depends on the task though, we'll need more details on the type of task?

If not then you could enable quick user switching or whatever it's called (where you log out and log in but your programs are still running in the origional user etc etc...

As i've said post back with the type of tasks you wish to complete and i'll try and help...
Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-admin-rights-from-a-limited-account-247345.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello, I'll try to be as clear as I can.

I have my computer hooked up to my router with an Ethernet cable. About an hour ago the Limited sign popped up. With the cable connected it says Limited, but I can freely use the internet. When I take the cable out, under connections it still only says "Ethernet Limited" and I can't use the internet. I'm not sure about any specs to my comp. All I know Is I'm using windows 8 and it's from Toshiba. I know it's not much to go on, but I'm losing my mind and any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

This picture is how it looks when the cable is, and isn't, plugged in.

A:Limited Access with Ethernet, even when not connected

With the cable pulled out, the picture is correct (for a wired Lan Connection).
When it is attached AND you have access to the Internet, it should not be limited.
SO, get a command prompt ( start->run and enter CMD ) and enter

IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt
then NOTEPAD myTCP.txt
copy the contents and PASTE that as your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-access-with-ethernet-even-when-not-connected.217393/
Relevancy 27.52%

jobeard Hi jobeard In the beginning of the month you seemed to have solved this issue http www techspot com community topics internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi You or someone else might be a great help for me as well since I have a similar issue At home I don t have access to wifi it says limited access although the internet is working fine by an ethernet cable at home In addition I do have access to wifi at work or in public places like a hotel I have already browsed the web but I still cannot figure it out An TCP wifi Limited but at home, other acces not places at IP Limited wifi acces at home, but not at other places reset did not work the drivers of my wifi adapter Limited wifi acces at home, but not at other places should be fine My system information - HP Elitebook - Windows Enterprise Edition bit - wifi router DrayTek Vigor AP this device acts as an access point that broadcasts wifi it is not the actual modem If you have any advice for me please let me know it is strange that I only have this wifi probem Is it maybe because there is an homegroup actually I don t know whether there is one Is it maybe because of the AV program I have McAffee but since it this the laptop from work I can t uninstall it I really don t know anymore I have included files with the output of the commands IPCONFIG ALL and ROUTE PRINT Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Limited wifi acces at home, but not at other places

Hello maarten747 ,

As far as I can see from the ipconfig output your laptop doesn't seem to obtain IP address.
You could try configuring one manually to test this theory. Something like: IP address 192.168.1.128, Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.1.1, DNS1: 192.168.1.1, DNS2: 8.8.8.8 . Just keep in mind that the details listed here are just a guess as I'm not fully aware of the specifics of your home network and a static IP configuration for the wifi adapter is not a good idea actually, so once done testing change it back to obtain IP address automatically.

Also in what wireless operation mode is your DrayTek configured?
Do you have any other wireless devices that are connecting to the same DrayTek ?
When you connect your laptop with ethernet cable, is the ethernet cable connected to the same DrayTek or a different device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-wifi-acces-at-home-but-not-at-other-places.205603/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 27.52%

So here is the deal I 27-inch monitor 2560x1440 (limited options) am in search of 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor (limited options) a -inch monitor with a x resolution so I can use it with my early -inch retina MacBook Pro and also with other laptops such as my girlfriend s Asus VivoBook and any other 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor (limited options) laptop that I decide to buy I have alrady discarded a x model as I learned that my retina MacBook Pro will not support such a high resolution on an external screen I do not use it for heavy photo or video editing or anything It is basically web browsing and productivity office applications First an explanation The fact is that I live in Brazil and offers of p monitors here are very limited I cannot just order a monitor from the US or from other country such as Korea because the huge taxes charged by the government will make it just not worth it I have made the calculations Even a very cheap US monitor will end up costing about US when it arrives in my home due to the magic of Brazilian taxes And a US monitor may end up costing almost US And that is only after the Brazilian customs office decides to release the product which may take a few months Perhaps you have heard of some guy who sends products to Brazil at no additional cost and that really exists It is calling smuggling and people may get caught doing that and I am not ordering a monitor through a smuggler to save a few bucks No workarounds here So the option of not buying in Brazil is pretty much non-existant so that is why I am stuck with the limited choices and therefore I am asking for your help here So the choices are pretty much limited The Apple Thunderbolt Display costs about US here and I will not buy it apart from the price also because it will not work with laptops which do not support Thunderbolt The following monitors are available here for a reasonable or at least payable price and not all of them are readily available Philips P QPJKEB US Dell UltraSharp U HM US weeks to be delivered Samsung SyncMaster S A US LG EA R US sold out for now Basically these are the only options I have The Dell is the cheapest one to buy in the credit card but it will take something like a month to arrive or maybe even more The LG model one is sold out for now but it comes and goes all the time so I might end up finding one The Samsung and the Philips models are ready for shipment and will be delivered in about a week or so As I understand the LG and the Dell models use the same IPS panel as the Apple Thunderbolt Display The panel is made by LG and is has a nit brightness The Samsung and the Philips on the other hand both share the same PLS panel made by Samsung and they sport a nit brightness PLS is supposed to be Samsung s answer to IPS I would like to know which of these monitors is better and would be more recommended First which panel is the best Second which monitor is the best and most polished Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/27-inch-2560x1440-monitor-limited-options.201230/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi been awhile since I last posted. In the house we have a desktop and 2 laptops on the go in the house.The desktop is wired internet while the laptops are run on wifi.This worked fine until my isp UPC upgraded my internet speed from 50mb to 120mb.. The desktop and one of the laptops still works fine but the acus laptop has web access for between 20 mins to 45mins before the wifi drops off and becomes limited access. The wifi needs to be renabled to regain access to the wifi which lasts another small while until it gets limited access again.

The laptop specs are:
Acus K53e
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
intel Centrino N100 wifi adapter
Ram 6gig

At the moment its running for 30 mins then wifi cuts off for a few seconds before starting up again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gets-limited-access-after-period-of-time.201028/
Relevancy 28.38%

Good day,

I wanted to post my fix for my connectivity problem since another thread here steered me to the right fix but it was quite a bit different from the fix they had posted. That thread has since been closed. The poster suggested removing anti virus programs on a computer that could connect to a network but got Limited Connectivity error. When I tried to manually remove AVG I got an error, used AVG removal tool which removed it fine but didnt fix the issue.

What fixed the issue immediately for me was manually disabling "AVG network filter driver" which I found in each network adapter properties. This filter driver was present even after running the removal tool which I find very strange.

Hope this helps someone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity-fixed.199199/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,
Whenever I try to connect to a wireless router from my laptop, the network icon shows yellow mark, which says limited connectivity. Every time I have to <ipconfig/release and renew>, wherein it starts to work properly.
Its an office environment.
Kindly your views on what's the issue?

Regards,
Kiran

A:Limited connectivity

The yellow mark is telling you the driver for the WiFi needs to be replace/installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity.199070/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a personal computer at the boarding school I attend Access Limited an Asus G VW and whenever I try to connect to the main internet connection it says limited access I have also tried using Ethernet and it says unidentified network with the Ethernet Here is my IPCONFIG ALL below I also have Windows if that helps --------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Herman gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ASUS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List cefpub local Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E- -DE- E-FC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VPN Tunnel Adapter Physical Address -FF- B- - B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -F - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address DC- -DE- E-FC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix cefpub local Description Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Net work Adapter Physical Address DC- -DE- E-FC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc ba c f fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December PM Lease Expires Monday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- B-E -DC- -DE- E-FC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire Limited Access net Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Eth ernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - - D-EB-AA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap cefpub local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cefpub local Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd a e ef f dd Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a e ef f dd Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- B-E -DC- -DE- E-FC- NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Herman gt nbsp

A:Limited Access

Well its probably the school network, do you have to register the machine with the network and enter passcodes etc. That sounds like it maybe the issue.

Also I would take down that stuff you posted with your subnet, IP, etc, its alot of personal information about your PC thats a little too much if you catch my drift.

Back on subject, I would first check if you have to register it or something first, then we can go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-access.198300/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I have the same problem message quot An Operation was attempted on something that is not a socket quot etc appeared Also my Node Type is unknown I tried all steps mentioned above and I never made it to have Node Type hybrid It appears to be unknown even after adding node type and value And about this quot You should see a complete set of TCP values and using IP problems connection Limited with release/renew the command Prompt ping nslookup quot I got something completely different it says for nslookup that default server is not available server unknown cant find server for address etc Any idea how can I try to fix Limited connection with IP release/renew problems problem It all started with Limited connection with IP release/renew problems IP address conflict Once it was solved thanx to this cmd netsh int ip reset resetlog txt netsh winsock Limited connection with IP release/renew problems reset catalog But it does not work any more It shows that local area network is connected and there is still message about IP address conflict Many thanks in advance Moderator note Moved from this thread http www techspot com community topics limited-connection-with-ip-release-renew-problems nbsp

A:Limited connection with IP release/renew problems

It's a little difficult to pin down what your problem is without knowledge of your network and router setup, but IP collisions and connection issues that get fixed temporarily with release and renew are usually related to misconfigured DHCP settings. Such as when two routers are distributing IP addresses to the same range of systems, or when some devices list static IP address, or sometimes if a wireless device is also plugged in with a network cable, claiming the same IP address with both connections.

if you ping those google dns addresses (8.8.8.8, or 8.8.6.6) and you get errors instead of replies it just means your not connecting to the internet.

Like I said though this is generic stuff and no one will be able to be more specific until you describe a bit about your overall network layout, and types of connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connection-with-ip-release-renew-problems.197582/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I've been away camping for a couple of weeks and now that I'm back my desktop computer no longer connects to the internet. As I state in the title, however; the signal strength says it's "very good".

I've tried removing the connection and re-adding it, I've tried moving the wireless USB/removing and potential disturbances, but to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Signal strength: Very good, Access: Limited connectivity

Turn off the Modem
Turn off the Router
Turn off the PC
Turn off all network gear

Do this for 30 seconds.

Then slowly turn on the modem (DSL or Cable)
Then the router
Any switches
Then the PC
Then the rest of your network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-strength-very-good-access-limited-connectivity.195843/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, I have been trying to solve my problem for two days. I spent some hours on the phone with my internet provider (Bell) to solve the problem and they finally told me that the problem would be my computer or my config.

The problem is that I can connect to internet with my cellphone and my tab but I cant connect with my computer. It says limited connectivity on my windows8. I tried disabling my firewall and most of the turotials posted on the net but still nothing works.

I would love to be able to solve this problem .ty

Ps: sorry if I am difficult to understand I usually speak french =)

I already tried to reinstall my network drivers (Broadcom) and it still doesnt work. My computer is a Dell AMD phenom X6 operating with windows 8 (64)

...I also tried the ip release and renew

A:Limited connectivity issue at home

Hey Math.Is your router secured?. If so,I would verify that you can connect using an Ethernet cable. If so, I would go into the router's setup and change the broadcast channel the router is using, change it to 10 or 11 and save the changes. Remove the cable, wait a minute, then try to connect.What is the make and model of your router?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity-issue-at-home.194246/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-usb-ports-without-admin-password.193100/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 27.95%

HI this limited connectivity Wireless connection, is my dilemma My laptop is M Dell bit operating windows Am trying to connect to the internet keep getting a limited connectivity error Ive install new window updates on the th and the th of this month Ever since I installed those specific driver updates I do not recall which updates I installed am not able to connect to the internet via wireless nor Ethernet Ive tried to use System restore points every time I try to restore Wireless connection, limited connectivity prior or before the th I end up getting a error saying the system restore points can t be found etc Ive done some researching to see if I can find a Wireless connection, limited connectivity solution to the problem Wireless connection, limited connectivity but yet nothing Am sure the router is not the problem am able to connect via wireless thru my phone other laptop tablet Am sure the issue revolves around the updates I install I open up cmd I type ipconfig the results that I get Windows Up configuration Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media diconnected Connection-specific Dns Suffix is there any solution to this issue that am encountering Much appreciated for the help -Thanks Rock nbsp

A:Wireless connection, limited connectivity

Based on the data you have provided you have no network cards installed. How was your laptop connected with the ipconfig results (wired or wireless)? Check device manager (devmgmt.msc) for installed network adapters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-limited-connectivity.189781/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 27.95%

Trying to connect to a hotspot and get the error message above Current IP Config indicates the following Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and limited has no connectivity Dell My or system Settings Administrator gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected Ethernet adapter E B- AEF- F- F-E CDE A FDC Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Windows IP Configuration Host Name TUUSNYCLAP Primary Dns Suffix tcco org Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter E B- AEF- F- F-E CDE A FDC Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Nortel IPSECSHM Adapter Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -B - -C - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Dual Band WLAN Mi ni-Card Physical Address - - E-CC- A- B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Any Ideas on the My Dell system has limited or no connectivity issue nbsp

A:My Dell system has limited or no connectivity

Should be simple... The hotspot should give you the SSID and passphrase. It may be the type of encryption that is not compatible with the computers setup. Also make sure that your cell phone company has enabled the hotspot feature

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-system-has-limited-or-no-connectivity.184925/
Relevancy 28.38%

hi all got router in other room then another pc in another room on wireless I got no internet but it says full strength fully working and connected but keeps coming up limited or no connectivity and cant get on internet . put in wep key etc and says connected but nothing what could be the problem please help

A:Limited or no connectivity on wireless

Can you please post your IP config file so we can see what settings you have.

And have you tried using a USB wireless key, or do you just use an internal wireless adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-on-wireless.180803/
Relevancy 38.7%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 27.95%

This is my first post so please forgive me if I don't give all the right information.

I'm trying to connect a desktop computer running xp to the internet and I'm getting limited to no connectivity though I am connected with a Ethernet cable.

I was able to connect to the internet in safe mode but that was it.

I'm not really sure what other information you need.

A:Limited to no connectivity when connected with Ethenet

"I was able to connect to the Internet in safe mode but that was it"...
You have a program loaded that is interfering with your Internet connectivity. What antivirus/firewall are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-to-no-connectivity-when-connected-with-ethenet.169915/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 27.95%

So, not too long ago I upgraded my internet connection to the 40mbps. but my computer is not achieving this speed. the best ive seen was 25mbps, wired directly to modem with ethernet cable. But i do know that the the speed is there with the service, because the cable guy ran a test with his laptop and he got 38mbps wired and wireless. So something with my computer seems to be limiting my speed. just dont know what. I have disable all programs that would slow my connection down.. so that is not the issue here. anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this problem?
The cable tech mentioned something about me running win 7 ultimate on my computer and that my computer wasnt designed for win 7, but for win vista. he said that could be part of the problem. is there any truth to that?

A:40Mbps Internet limited to around 20Mbps

I just wanted to send out an update on this problem.. this problem is solved.. it was Avast web shield that was slowing down my internet connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/40mbps-internet-limited-to-around-20mbps.165393/
Relevancy 28.38%

i will be online and i randomly get limited connectivity for like 20 seconds then it goes back to normal this happens all day long 40 mins pass by and it happens an hour passes by again it happens.

im using a linksys router wireless. when i had it connected ethernet it did the same thing and i have tried different IPS my laptop does not do this

i am using windows 7 as well as my laptop

i believe the correct term is packet loss. it only happens in game

A:Randomly get limited connectivity

hello? some help please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/randomly-get-limited-connectivity.162286/
Relevancy 27.52%

I ll do my best to describe the problem I m sure I ll miss some important information Last week my computer running winxp bit service pack lost the connection to the internet All it says on the connection status is limited or IP connection with release/renew Limited problems no connectivity I thought my wireless adapter died so i bought a new one I was on the phone with them for an hour We came to the conclusion the adapter is working properly The last thing they Limited connection with IP release/renew problems had me try was an ipconfig release The message that came up was quot No operation can be performed on local area connection while it has it s media disconnected quot Then i did ipconfig renew Same message but also quot An error occurred while renewing interface wireless network connection an address incompatible with the requested protocol was used And I tried renew again Same message to start and also An Operation was attempted on something that is not a socket I should Limited connection with IP release/renew problems also add that I was looking around the internet and found something that sounded like my problem and did some registry changes deletions It did fix one of the problems but not the connection one One more thing I tried that I found on a post somewhere Since the ip address wasn t renewing someone said to put it in manually The address was and the subnet was This did work to say I was connected but still couldn t access the internet I changed it back to find ip address automatically My question is this Is there a patch or something out there that I can put on a flash drive and install to fix the problem Thank you Kyle nbsp

A:Limited connection with IP release/renew problems

Limited connection with IPClick to expand...

This typically occurs when you see your ip address as 169.x.x.x use run->ipconfig to see the ip-address of the failing system​If you see the 169.x.x.x, then your system is unable to contact the router with the DHCP broadcast request.

Use run->ipconfig /all and verify that you haveNode Type . . : Hybrid​Follow-up with your findings . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connection-with-ip-release-renew-problems.162242/
Relevancy 27.52%

Can anyone tell me what this means I am thinking of buying a new pc and am not confident enough to build it myself. Have been looking in the usual places that people who build there own rigs probably disapprove of, when am looking at a certain pc from dell it says this

The memory speed of 4 DIMMS configuration will be limited at 1066MHz with Athlon II X4 630 and Phenom II X4 820 processors. ...

If the memory works at 1300 Mhz and the Processor only supports 1066 Mhz what does that mean ?

A:AMD processors limited to 1066MHz memory speed?

AMD CPU's have the memory controller built into them. Faster memory will just have the speed of it set to what the memory controller can support.

So if the memory works at 1300Mhz, but the controller only supports 1066Mhz, then the 1300Mhz memory will just slow down to 1066Mhz.

But Dell only says that the speed of the memory will be limited on those CPU's only if all 4 ram slots are filled with memory. Unless you will be upgrading the memory in the system when you get it, you dont need to worry about it.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processors-limited-to-1066mhz-memory-speed.161784/
Relevancy 27.52%

I m sorry - I know this has been asked more than a few times or connectivity/cannot IP on Limited wired renew network no but couldn t find a thread on this particular problem with regards to a wired network Basically at my work there s a public IT room and the internet is fine but every now and again on or computers it isn t At the moment for the last few days computer says limited or no connectivity and if I press repair it says IP address cannot be renewed I took the ethernet cable out and reconnected it I ve rebooted a few times and I also started Limited or no connectivity/cannot renew IP on wired network a cmd prompt and did ipconfig -flushdns as I read somewhere this might sort it Don t really know what to do On the other computer that had this problem I pressed diagnose problem or whatever in explorer and did the reboot and reconnect cable thing and it seemed to fix it I d really appreciate any help you can give me edit I d just like to add that I ve also attempted the winsock fix thayou download and run and it tells you to reboot but to no avail nbsp

A:Limited or no connectivity/cannot renew IP on wired network

Does this computer work fine if plugged in somewhere else? Does another machine (one that you know connects) work if plugged in where this one is?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-cannot-renew-ip-on-wired-network.160622/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 27.52%

okay I hope im posting this in the right place sorry if I didn't. okay I have an hp presario desktop 2004 and i a unable to use the internet because my ipadress has disappeared i have tried turning off everything restarting new cables and everything ipconfig/release renew restore and nothing it won't show up and when i tried the releas it says that it has been released but theres nothing there with the renew it says unable to connect to the RPC driver. I have a cable connection so it's just a modem no router and i just use and ethernet cable to connect to the internet they are all working fine called cable company and they were unable to help either sais it must have something to do with the compter. so if there is anyone who can help please do i am desperate here....

A:Limited no connectivity unable to renew IP address

You have a computer that appears to be sic years old... after six years, several components are often damaged... especially the hard drive.
Do you have the software to format and install a new hard drive?
What is your configuration...
And HP Presario should be a Compaq Presario... I would borrow a computer to download all the drivers, or get somebody to download them for you. If you don't have install disks, you can buy them from HP via a phone call... if they have any left.
When is the last time your computer worked properly and what happened to apparently make it stop working properly.
Do you have a friend who is tech smart to help you take a look at the computer and its components?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-no-connectivity-unable-to-renew-ip-address.156056/
Relevancy 28.38%

Ok here is my problem and i will try to be as descriptive as possible Please bare Limited/no connectivity with me because it was very late last night when I was trying to fix this For starters I have a linksys e router which is working fine I think Since the router is dual band I split the ghz and the ghz frequencies since i have many g devices that I didnt want to slow down my more important n devices I have the ghz band for all a b g devices and the ghz only for n devices My laptop has Win bit and is on the n Limited/no connectivity network which is running outstandly however my wife s laptop Toshiba w WinVista can t remember if its or bit will connect to the a b g network but won t access the internet I Limited/no connectivity checked to make sure that it wasn t the a b g network but I have several other devices connected to it but none of them are PCs ipod Wii nintendo DSlite and DSi to name a few Vista is saying limited connectivity but I can t get anything over the network I did a loop back ping and the NIC is working right i tried ipconfig release and renew and they keep failing with an error that says something about not being able to get to the DHCP server I tried a netsh refresh but that also keeps failing I don t understand because just a few weeks ago we turned her laptop on and it connected to the network and internet with no issues I have not changed any router or config settings on her computer since then Anybody have any ideas or suggestions Please help and thanks nbsp

A:Limited/no connectivity

First, go back to basics on your router. Remove the old install on the computer and reinstall. Be sure it is working as it did before.
Then follow the instructions provided in the router documentation exactly. Do not overlook the parts you do not understand.
You have likely misunerstood or overlooked one step. We have all done it.
I would be most interested in, "...the router is dual band I split the 2.4ghz and the 5.0ghz frequencies since i have many 802.11g devices that I didnt want to slow down my more important 802.11n devices..."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-no-connectivity.155885/
Relevancy 28.38%

I tried to uncheck the "Notify me when this ... connectivity " button and restart my machine , but it didnt work.

I tired with rinstalling the LAN ddriver but in vain as well.

Ones I run a network diagnosis , it shows that both the Network Adapters and the Internet Explorer Web Proxy 127.0.0.1 are FAILED in RED.

Could please help me solve this problem.

A:Connection limited or no connectivity

Which OS? You could have a BAD NIC? They do fail. If on board NIC that would need to be disabled and replaced with either Card or USB to LAN.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-limited-or-no-connectivity.155863/
Relevancy 27.95%

Okay so recently i have been able to connect to my router Via Wireless But then a couple days ago my internet crashed and when i clicked "Repair" It Gets stuck at "Renewing IP Address" I have tried ipconfig/refresh,renew and etc None of it work and my internet is still limited or No Connectivity.But when i use an Ethernal Cable it works. Please Help I'm really frustrated, Any Advice or Suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
PS I have another laptop in my house and it connects to the internet fine. Thanks Again

A:Limited or no connectivity/can't acquire an IP address

verify that the NIC is set to use DHCP for both IP & DNS addresses; remove any static values found

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-cant-acquire-an-ip-address.154138/
Relevancy 28.38%

hi all,

I am having a problem with my wifi. i am currently using a 1000HE netbook. my pc crashed a few days ago and need to reformat my hdd and reinstall everything

everything was working like a charm in the past though

basically i am using a modem cum router to connect to the internet

if i uses the LAN line, i can connect to the internet without problem

but when i try to connect using wireless, it gave me the "limited or no connectivity issue"

again, i used the same netbook and same modem cum router in the past without problem.

not sure what's wrong this time

pls help

A:Limited or no connectivity issue

Did you install all the drivers for your netbook after you "reformatted"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-issue.153858/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi

By visiting the Event viewer for my BSOD I noticed that two warnings are appearing in the list whose source is Kernel processor power and it is shown in the list every time that if i have booted my PC.
Had i not visited event viewer for BSOD purpose I would not have known these warnings!.

Warning 1:
The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

Warning 2:
The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

What is this? Does this show any prob with my processor or is it a normal thing to appear.

Hasnain.

A:Speed of processor limited

What type of CPU and which motherboard do you have? It's possible that the CPU is being slowed/throttled due to excessive heat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-of-processor-limited.150234/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-mini-admin-password-unknown.148971/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a linksys wireless g router, it has worked for over a year, but recently, it will stop working. It shows that it is connected but that there is limited or no connectivity. Then it says that the network failed to assign an IP address.

Unplugging the router and replugging it makes it work fine, but I would like to not have to do this every time.

I had another router last year that did this ever since I had bought it, and that's why I finally just got this one. At Best Buy, they said that the cheaper routers tended to do that. Any idea why this one used to work, and now doesn't? And is there any way to fix it?

Thanks for your help, and I apologize if this has been asked numerous times before.

A:Limited or no connectivity

you can try editing the connection settings manually (i.e. IP address, DNS servers) or vice versa. this is a common problem, but sometimes you may need to edit router settings too. open your web browser and type "192.168.1.1" in the address bar. when it asks for a password use "admin" and you should have access to the router. make sure DHCP is enabled and that the broadcast is set to the correct frequency. save changes and reconnect.

lol @ the Best Buy "techs" claiming it's a cheap router...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity.145003/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I hope I m not reposting but as of yet I can t find any solution to either of my problems Firstly I recently got faster internet installed and replaced my router with and 20Mbps Internet 50Mbps icon trouble to limited persistent one that could utilise the faster 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble bandwidth The router is supposed to be capable of enabling up to Mbps whilst my wireless card 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble is supposed to receive up to Mbps The speed of my internet provided is Mbps which is the speed that I get when I connect to the router via ethernet but when I am in the same room with my laptop I only get Mbps tested using speedtest net Help pleaseee Also after tinkering a little my wireless icon in the bottom right corner has permanently become the logo that is attached i e the icon that pops up in windows when the ethernet connection is disabled not working Everything seems to work fine though so it s not a major issue but it s just really 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble annoying I keep thinking something is wrong and every time my internet cuts out I never know Anyway thanks in advance nbsp

A:50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble

it could be a problem with your wireless card....u mention, does it work well via ethernet? if yes then u cant blame anything but your wireless card OR the wireless radio of the router itself....u can try tweaking the setting of the wireless radio in the router's config

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/50mbps-internet-limited-to-20mbps-and-persistent-icon-trouble.144228/
Relevancy 28.38%

So, here's the deal. I recently got that error. It says that I have Limited or no connectivity. I can't figure out what's wrong. I get an IP like 169.xxx.xxx.xxx. WTF! I tried almost everything I found on Google, but no results.
I tried :

Repair connection
Disable/Re-enable connection
Delete/Re-install adapter (NIC)
WinSockXPFix
Manually assign IP address
Re-setting BIOS
Changing modem and cable
Using many IPConfig commands (Release/Renew/etc)
Editing registry (EnableDHCP/etc)
Editing MAC address
Even resetting/reconfiguring modem
And EVEN reformatting PC
But nothing. I am totally confused.
Oh! And I tried my network card on my old PC, somehow, it works. For now, I'm using USB modem, it's quite slow, that's why I want Ethernet back. I know that the problem isn't the modem. My laptop (Win7) works both Wired and Wireless with both modems. I would appreciate your help.

A:XP Limited/No connectivity problem

Here's some more detailed info

Code:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : *****-*

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : gateway.2wire.net

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : **-**-**-**-**-**

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.***.**

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::20d:87ff:fe50:8bd2%7

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%4

fec0:0:0:ffff::2%4

fec0:0:0:ffff::3%4

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 80-00-FB-EC-B3-BE-6A-C7

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e74:8000:fbec:b3be:6ac7

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%4

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : A9-FE-81-1F

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5efe:169.254.129.31%2

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%4

fec0:0:0:ffff::2%4

fec0:0:0:ffff::3%4

Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : gateway.2wire.net

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C0-A8-01-40

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.1.64%2

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-limited-no-connectivity-problem.144116/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio laptop with wireless internet and have windows Vista The other day I was on a website and it appeared to start to download something I thought might be a virus so I panicked and turned off my laptop When I turned it on afterwards an error message always comes up saying jjeueswb exe has stopped working and has had to be closed or something like that A byproduct of this is that I cannot get on the internet The wireless connection is strong but there is a little exclamation mark next to the internet connection where there is normally a little blue circle When Limited Connectivity I go into the network Limited Connectivity it says I have limited connectivity and I am connected Limited Connectivity with limited access I get the feeling that something has gone wrong with my security settings when I turned off the computer in a panic but I really don t know what to do now I have tried going into internet explorer without add-on s and it still does not work Do you have any idea what I can do to sort out this problem Much appreciated Rob nbsp

A:Limited Connectivity

Didn't Work

Thanks for that Matthew but it didn't change anything. Anyone got any other ideas? Have tried to do a system restore but my computer wont let me do it, even in safe mode. Dont know what is going on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity.143455/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,

About a week ago at my parents house, my wireless internet stopped working. The status says "limited or no connectivity" and when I attempt to repair the network it tells me "unable to renew ip address."

At first I thought maybe there was a problem with the home router, but the internet on the other computers in the house were working fine. Then I came back to my house and its the same thing: the internet on all of my roommate's computers is working fine, but mine is still having thte same problem.

Can anyone help?

A:Wireless network connection status: limited or no connectivity/Unable to renew IP add

your LAN card must be death

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-status-limited-or-no-connectivity-unable-to-renew-ip-add.140740/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 27.52%

I m not an expert on computer tech really so I m stuck in a bit of a dialema I read through the thread started by vnf ultra about gaming with PCI not PCI-e and it gave me a little bit more insight into the issue that an upgrade will help instead of abuse about having conventional PCI but I still have a few questions that need answers Well basically I m an under-privileged gamer stuck to a very low budget and stuck with a Dell Dimension I recently upgraded it to GB s of ram and acquired a GB external harddrive just to clear up the internal harddrive But my main issue is I badly need to upgrade my graphics card I m still using the In-built chipset The Intel quot extreme quot and its horrible But possibilities graphics limited on upgrade Advice card I ve only come across the funds to upgrade lately Its been a tight year and I just don t have the funds to upgraded to a better system or to build from a naked motherboard I have my eye on cards and I ve only got a limited selection due to the obsolite PCI slots that I have But my concern is what effect would a -bit in comparison to a -bit card have And compatibility factor between a MB card and MB card The AXLE nVidia Geforce FX MB is no at the moment no would be the Geforce but any of them I ve seen Advice on limited graphics card upgrade possibilities are a different sort of PCI Are they compatible Amazon is only for reference any better deals please link My computer is at the moment just barely able to cut my audio work as far as recording with low latency goes anyway but its okay I don t need anything more from what I m getting from it now but its my final upgrade is the video graphics for gaming I love gaming and really would like to play games smoothly not the frame a second effect I have now I just need a little advice really I don t wanna end up spending money for nothing nbsp

A:Advice on limited graphics card upgrade possibilities

Your first limitation is the power supply, which on most Dell Dimension 2400's is about 240 watts.... certainly no more than 300 watts... then your video graphics card must be a PCI card... and there are not many cards that will work very well in that system.
So you need a PCI video graphics card, and a power supply that can handle it.. I would get the 256 GB video graphics card... The 2400 cannot handle anything larger... but a 128 GB card would be more likely to work with your power supply, whereas the 256 might overload the system.
If it were my system, I would start a savings program, and get a better computer for gaming... rather than trying to make the 2400 work.
The Dell Dimension 2400 is a good computer with few failures... But, it is a basic budget low end computer, and it is already at least three or four years old... some components may be close to an upgrade anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-limited-graphics-card-upgrade-possibilities.137453/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 27.95%

My wireless internet was working fine for about 3 weeks then all of a sudden it says i have limited or no connectivity on my hp laptop but my ps3 and iphone still get full connection? when i click repair it says invalid ip address and that i need to contact my network provider.... well i did that and everything with them was fine then i contacted my wireless router provider and that was fine.... so i am at a loss i went into ctrl panel and went to network connections and its an automatic IP address ... how do i get my internet working again ?

A:Invalid IP Address- limited or no connectivity

You probably should have asked this problem in the Storage and Networking forum. You might try checking out my reply to a similar problem under the following post: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic134190.html. I hope this is helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invalid-ip-address-limited-or-no-connectivity.133926/
Relevancy 27.52%

I ve read a few forums online regarding this issue but have not found one that will resolve my problem I have an HP ze that will not connect to the internet I have tried wirelessly and can connect to my router with other devices so I know that is not the issue via ethernet and have even tried using my blackberry as a modem With both wireless and ethernet it says it s connected with limited or no connectivity When trying to repair it gives an error that it can t renew my IP address With the Blackberry thru Standard Modem it shows that it s connected but still no access to the internet I have to admit I m not that tech savvy but I do learn quickly and can comprehend well I ve already tried with the hep of a tech support rep Limited No Unable IP Connection - to or Renew Address most of the steps listed in the previous forum www techspot com vb all windows t- - Unable-to-renew-ip- Limited or No Connection - Unable to Renew IP Address address--limited-connectivity html remove spaces This includes checking Device Manager checking Network Connection properties checking Windows Log errors running Winsock don t remember exactly what but I just wrote in what the tech guy said and I know it had something to do with renew refresh and some other stuff as well as restarting after cancelling all the startups and system stuff in msconfig to make sure nothing was interfering and still get the same the one thing I haven t done is to uninstall and reinstall the driver but I m not sure if that would even help considering it s happening on the ethernet Realtek wireless broadband wlan and standard modem I also pulled up ipconfig all because that was suggested in another forum but not sure what to look for listed below is some of the stuff I noticed not sure if it has to do with anything IP routing not enabled Wins proxy not enabled Wireless Net Connection AutoConfig enabled default gateway is blank IP address physical address and subnet mask all listed Not sure if this makes a difference but I ve also tried connecting to my router s settings url and am unable to pull that page up also I m not sure if I ve tried a static IP or manually setting my IP address because I was doing a lot that the tech rep had me try could someone ellaborate on how I would do that so I could see if I have yet or not I was also thinking of just removing and reloading windows on it anyone think that will help Thanks a bunch Adi P S I have Windows XP home edition Service Pack nbsp

A:Limited or No Connection - Unable to Renew IP Address

Dweebit22 said:

P.S. I have Windows XP home edition, Service Pack 3Click to expand...

What is the security level of your router?
Many people claim they have issues trying to use WPA-PSK2 scurity with Windows XP, and WEP encryption is better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connection-unable-to-renew-ip-address.133080/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, everyone
I have an serious problem, ive buy an hp 6730B on ebay but when i want to upgrade the bios, my computer wants an administrator password for the flash.
The seller told me he have maybe do an error of typing, beacause his password don't work.
this computer is an compaq 6730B
S/n : CNU8466GNS
P/n : GB987ET#ABF
Service tag : C6730bUP8400W5X16GIBNNF20Qa

Thank you

A:HP 6730B bios admin password problem

hi,
I asked for the same problem in this forum but my threat was deleted with the suggestion to read the Forum FAQs.
I read them but I didn't find why they did it. So I want repeat the question adding it to the yours one:

HP CompaQ nx9005
hash code [ 15656]
I need the system password

I wrote and I just wrote again at the hp forum about it whitout any help, and the hp chat doesn't start because of a bag (I'm not the only one having this problem).

I read all messages of the reference topic about the same problem (as suggested) but I didn't find my needs.
I think I will have to ask about it a lot of time. Hope to find someone who can help me.
thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-6730b-bios-admin-password-problem.132944/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/
Relevancy 26.23%

OK, my subject line might sound cryptic! Here is my set up: first router (main) is connected to the cable modem and provides std addresses as 192.168.1.2 (base is 192.168.1.1) etc. I have a second router (same brand) as a gateway connected to my main. This second router base address is 10.10.10.1 and all that are connected to this one have manually provided IP addresses (such as 10.10.0.2, etc). The main one provides WIFI access as for the second one do not.

Now my question: from my laptop who uses the WIFI network, how can I reach or connect to the other network (the one that is managed with the router with the 10.10.10.1 address? The purpose? I would like to access the computer connected to it as if they were part of the WIFIed network. And be able to access the router management page. Any clue?

A:Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

first some basics;

examine the router (the box itself). everything attached to a LAN slot will default to
routing upwards using the WAN slot -- that's a big clue as to what the routing tables looks like.

second; to manage the configuration of a specific router:
a) WIRE a system directly to it
b) login to the router config page using the current router's ip-address

if your network is
modem---router#1----router#2---router#3

then a system attached to routerX will route upward to router(X-1) and NOT downward to router(X+1)

if you wish to have ALL systems (wired and wireless) see and share with each other, then you have too many distinct address.
Leave router#1 as is. disconnect router#2 from #1 and wire router#1 to a LAN port on router#2, leaving its WAN port empty. Log into router#2 and disable DHCP.

Now do the same for the wire from #2-->#3 and disable#3 DHCP.

All systems (wired or WiFi) will get ip-assignments from router#1 and will be able to
ping and share files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cascading-routers-how-to-access-admin-features-from-one-to-the-other.130510/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a linkysys cable modem and a netgear wireless modem hooked up to my computer downstairs(Running Xp). Upstairs I have a laptop with wifi(Running Vista).

All day I can have working internet on my downstairs computer unless I go use wifi on my laptop. I go use my laptop for around 10 minutes and then i get "This connection has limited or no connectivity" on both computers. What I do is unplug and then replug the modems, and everything is back to normal until I go use wifi on my laptop again! It's very annoying does anyone know a fix to this problem? Thanks for any help

Also...I would like to add that it seems like everytime one computer watches a video, this problem occurs.

A:Connection limited when using wireless

Hi

the problem is what i call flooding or soaking of the router, not sure what the technical term is though, i get this when i have been downloading anything of a large size on a torrent program, i even get it when my son runs Xbox live for a long time.
My answer like you is to reboot the router and the NTL modem,, not good i know..

I never rated Netgear stuff perferring Belkin and Linksys, however thats not the issue, have you tried the tech support for the router to see if there are any known issues or checked to see if there is an update for your router.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-limited-when-using-wireless.129225/
Relevancy 27.95%

If someone could please help me i would REALLY REALLY appreciate it and wouldn t be able verge or of no with the Limited connectivity myself BS this shooting On to thank you enough First some general info I am connected to the Internet through my Wireless Laptop Whenever i On the verge of shooting myself with this Limited or no connectivity BS connect another router or my Xbox with the God Dam ethernet it keeps saying limited or no connectivity and shows the IP in xx xx what do i do this is really annoying i have tried everything possible reinstalled drivers like times disabled and enabled the ethernet This is what i am getting when i do an ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Harris Durrani gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name sonic- c ecf Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List cogeco net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cogeco net Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - B- -E - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday June AM Lease Expires Friday June AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethern et Physical Address - D- - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers This is really frustrating someone please help thanks nbsp

A:On the verge of shooting myself with this Limited or no connectivity BS

I was having a similar problem...
This tool helped me resolve in seconds a matter I had struggled with for days...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914440

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-the-verge-of-shooting-myself-with-this-limited-or-no-connectivity-bs.129097/
Relevancy 27.95%

ok heres the deal I have a desktop with vista ultimate and a Asock Motherboard also a dual core processor with 2 gb of ram but when I try to connect to the internet I get the Low connectivity issue thats not all I try and put in the ip manually and i put in everithin as it should but when I click ok twice and come back to the same windows it has deleted the ip adrres and net-submask :S my router is a speedtouch 500 series

Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-limited-connectivity-and-network-issue-please-help.128690/
Relevancy 24.51%

well my friend called me up today and told me his PC was running really slow and connectivity" Internet no "Status connection >> is or limited he was having alot of errors I asked him if he ever cleaned it of spyware and such and he said no so I drove over and downloaded and installed AD-aware SE I use the program alot and it works well for removing spyware and adware I scanned his PC and it found over objects most being Internet connection >> "Status is limited or no connectivity" high risk so I removed it all and after a reboot his internet stopped working I tried everything I knew to get it on again and nothing worked he has a wireless Linksys router setup on a cable modem and I tried rebooting the modem and router which did not work we also tried hooking the router up directly to the network adapter and using a nd connection for that forgot what it was called and disabling the wirless connection but that also didn t work we ran a signal test for his Internet connection >> "Status is limited or no connectivity" router and it says it has a strong signal and it can find the router but it cant find the Internet connection >> "Status is limited or no connectivity" internet and the status on his taskbar keeps reading quot Status is limited or no connectivity quot I also tried to log on to his router but it can t find that either S so I am baffled any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Internet connection >> "Status is limited or no connectivity"

Try WinSockFix: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-status-is-limited-or-no-connectivity.48057/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,
My Hotel has limited my Internet bandwidth to around 5-7 kbps. I was surfing/downloading at around 150 kbps 4-5 days ago.

Is there any way around it by changing the MAC or IP address??

Regards,
Shyam

A:Limited bandwidth issue

If they are controlling bandwidth for one, it will be applied to ALL, so don't waste your time.

If you need more, try some local hotspot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-bandwidth-issue.125816/
Relevancy 28.38%

I tried networking my two home computers.. I simply connected the UTP cables to my router and I set up a home or small office network.. But the icon appears with an X-mark on it and when I view the status it says limited or no connection. What am I suppose to do?

A:LAN status: limited or no connection

More details please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-status-limited-or-no-connection.125163/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello to all Thanks for accepting me I have a serious trouble with my computer in getting it into net I reloaded the Win XP Pro and the MB drivers ever since the computer failed to connect to internet Still the problem is not solved Prologue Reformatted amp loaded XP Pro Loaded MB Drivers tried the Microsoft patch KB --- No improvement tried running WinsockXPFix exe a Visual Basic programme-- No Progress tried to get Intel R pro network connection drivers- No Improvement tried SP files --No Improvement tried to change the IP Address ipconfig all borrowed from the other working computer -- Still the same connected to same router wired In fact whatever was visible from Internet I did try them all Might have missed some clue running ipconfig all from the problematic returned the following Hostname ipsa Prmry DNS suffix Node Type Unknown IP routing enabled No Wins Proxy quot No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Phsical address - -ED- DHCP enabled Yes Autoconfig enabled Yes quot IP Adress subnet mask default Gateway --- Whereas from the other I get IP Adress subnet mask Default Gateway DHCP connectivity Msg in No Err XP or Win Limited Server DNS Srvers Lease Obtained Lease Expire I am at my wit s end Happy to receive solutions from you all Regards nbsp

A:Limited or No connectivity Err Msg in Win XP

What are your computers specs? What kind of network connection, card or on-board NIC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-err-msg-in-win-xp.125020/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

Having been away for the weekend, I have turned on my desktop today and found that the wired ethernet connection is showing "Limited or no connectivity". I can access internet by wireless on this laptop and everything works fine. I have also disabled the wireless adapter and taken the same ethernet cable that was plugged into desktop and plugged into laptop and the laptop connects without a problem.

Am I right to assume that this is a hardware issue on the desktop? I recently rebuilt the computer into a different casing and reformatted the hard drives however I have had the system running for over a week with no problems until today.

Thanks in advance for any help

Ok, does the desktop and the laptop using the same OS?

If yes then try to unplug the network(ethernet) card and power on PC, then shut down and plug in and test if everything is ok.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity.124155/
Relevancy 28.81%

I got a intel celeron d 2.13 ghz, fsb 133. i OC it to 2.43 @ 153(or 154..) multiplier 13.
but when i go over 155, the POST starts, it shows no line(the first line is like processor:intel celeron ..bla bla bla.. ).
and it restarts, and its again the fsb on 133 @ default. any suggestions? i have tryed upping Vcore( options are- default;+0.05v;+0.10v;+0.15.)|i have tryed all but with 0.10 and 0.15 it is unstable and giving BSOD'S.)
thanks in your coming advice!!!

A:Limited FSB?

155 must be the systems OC limit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-fsb.123680/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-major-problems-with-sigmatel-audio-card.117340/
Relevancy 28.38%

i have a speed of 1.76bit per second+or more(on www.bandwidthplace.com) <- is it only in USA?
on www.speedtest.net it shows-

^^ there is no server near me, so it's about 100km from where i live.
on torrents, there are MANY seeds but it downloads only 300-390kbps.
same on IE7. mayby there's some limits that can only do 400 kbps?
thanks!

A:Limited speed?

So are you having trouble opening up or connecting to Internet pages? I'm running 4000 kb/s 233kb/s. Your router can affect Internet speeds too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-speed.122764/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all having successfully cleansed said laptop from various nasties thanks in part to Kimsland and Bobbye i have an issue with the admin login Ok when booting up xp is set to fast user switching and the welcome screen login screen with user accounts Administrator is not included in the list So i hit ctrl alt del twice which then brings up the secure login dialog box So i key in Administrator and the Pavilion DV1000 login? HP admin password that i set and it comes up with quot Unable to log you on HP Pavilion DV1000 admin login? because of an account restriction quot WTF is that The only way i can log in as admin is to reboot into safe mode when it presents itself as another user in the welcome screen list giving in total which quite frankly is ridiculous The main reason the lappy was infected was due to uneducated users installing all kinds of crap as their accounts had admin rights I need to restrict them to limited accounts whilst having full access to the admin account without the need to reboot into safe mode I ve google searched for answers but couldn t find any I m looking for a way to solve this issue so with respect please don t come back with workarounds like quot press shift right-click run as kind of suggestions because i m after full access to admin account without rebooting So any help you can offer would be most appreciated thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv1000-admin-login.121078/
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys really I have big problem I have Dell Latitude X1 and I don't have the admin password
I want to reboot it. but i don't know how if i can't even access to this computer ...Thank you

A:Admin Password

If you are the registered owner of the laptop you are probably better off contacting Dell support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.120623/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi My laptop all of a sudden will not connect to the internet After attempting to Address renew 1520 IP or can't Dell no - Limited connectivity connect- it has a full signal but I get the Dell 1520 Limited or no connectivity - can't renew IP Address quot Limited or no connectivity You may not be able to access the internet quot message Dell 1520 Limited or no connectivity - can't renew IP Address When I try to repair the connection it says that it can not renew my ip address I have a linksys router that I ve reset a couple times and also reset the computer doesn t work I figured it s an issue with my computer and not the actual connection anyway since it seems I can not connect to ANY wireless network now without getting this error This has happened before but usually is Dell 1520 Limited or no connectivity - can't renew IP Address resolved by rebooting repairing or resetting the router I have a Dell running on Windows XP It has a Wireless WLAN Mini Card I ve run diagnostics and everything seems to be passing I can t find any obvious reason why this isn t working I ve even updated the drivers for the MiniCard and anything else i could find that it may possibly be but have had no luck Possibly a problem with windows If anyone has any clue please let me know what you think before i try to have Dell fix it for me and it end up being something I could have done myself Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dell 1520 Limited or no connectivity - can't renew IP Address

Have you tried a total new install of the mini card and linksys, after totally deleting or erasing the currently installed stuff then using a registry cleaner such as CCleaner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-1520-limited-or-no-connectivity-cant-renew-ip-address.119468/
Relevancy 26.23%

I think I ve tamed my new beast of an ATI Radeon x Not sure WHY I absolutely had to have it but hey The top card for a few weeks anyway even though at stock fan speeds the CORE temps can reach Celcius what about fragile parts on the mobo nearby this little heatbox FYI - Running XP Pro V SP Anyway Riva Tuner seems to work at hot New Needs run? - RivaTuner run to X2s Admin 4870 Clearance comandeering the GPU fan speeds back up to reasonable - if a tad noisy - levels Its a little Klugey occaisionally stops working or seems to only want to work from either the startup folder or as from New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run? a registry key The main problem I have is that I have a Visitor account setup I sublet my place occasionally for non-ME users to limit the amount of havoc they can do HOWEVER Riva tuner will not start or operate properly with anything but administrator privileges This is a non-starter So I can either grant guests full dominion over my PC or have my cooks itself into complete failure while restricting the access of my guests Is there a better mousetrap for RivaTuner Note that starting up as an admin and then logging on off is NOT an option as of the time the scenario will be a guest starting up without me around Many thanks to all who opine nbsp

A:New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run?

100C would melt/damage the CPU quickly. Get a better 3rd party cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-4870-x2s-run-hot-rivatuner-needs-admin-clearance-to-run.117807/
Relevancy 27.52%

HI. I have a problem with my laptop internet connection(the wirelless one),when I'm trying to cennect the web by wirelless,he brings me an eror with message - limited or no connectivity. I tryed to run ipconfig/renew, and i had an eror that say's that my DHCp server is not responding. The thing is that i have 2 laptops at home, one of them is working exelent, and the second one, just don't want to connect the internet by wilrelless(but the cable internet is working) I just don't know what to do.. Please if someone knows what to do,please help me... thank's.

A:Limited or no connectivity - wireless internet problem

This has several causes and instead of getting into all of them read this article http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsnetworking/ht/limited-connect.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-wireless-internet-problem.117555/
Relevancy 27.52%

hi i'm fairly new to this community so i'll try not to break any rules. I'm having trouble with my wireless connection. I have windows xp home, on a compaq presario laptop, and formerly had no problems connecting wirelessly to anything. Unfortunately, and i think i created this problem myself, i enabled the spyware on my pc-cillen antivirus and probably inadvertently deleted some files from the registry i need for my wireless connection. My problems arose soon after i enabled this function. Back to Ad-aware for me! Being kinda computer ignorant in this regard, i tried to fix it with winsox but no go. No matter what i try i still get a limited or no connectivity message. I tried restore point, but no go also. I get kinda panicky about fiddling with the registry so i need some knowledgeable advice, kinda like fix-your-internet-connection-for-dummies. Anyone?
doz

A:Unable to renew ip address - limited connectivity

Well if you think you got rid of something you need, then I'd suggest removing it from the device manager, restarting windows and letting it reinstall the wireless card. Just keep your manufacturer CD close, in case you need to manually install the drivers for it.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-renew-ip-address-limited-connectivity.28312/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello Thanks for taking the time to look at my post and attempt to help I really appreciate this System Specs Operating System or please help no Limited - connectivity Windows XP Pro SP Motherboard abit nForce Series IN X-Max Bios Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel Core Quad Q Network Adapter ADMtek-AN based ethernet adapter - IP - Gateway - DHCP The problems started as soon as I set up my computer which has been about a year ago or so The problems I believe lead to the motherboard sometimes it won t boot unless I use the fail-safe etc I had many issues with the internet Limited or no connectivity - please help connection which I fixed by using fail-safe and flashing bios and rebooting That would cause it to detect the connection and it would work The problem now is the same I cannot get connected no matter what I try One thing that I noticed Limited or no connectivity - please help is that I will get receive packets but no send and the lights on the back of the computer flash as if it is getting a connection but on the modem the PC activity is solid I ve tried a lot of different things which I will list below Note I m connected directly to the modem no router or firewalls The connection works as I have hooked up the modem to my laptop with the same cables so this leads me to believe it is my computer that is the issue - Tried cycling through power on the modem and rebooting - Tried ipconfig release and ipconfig renew this resulted in quot An error occurred while renewing the interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot - Tried ipconfig flushdns - Tried enabling and disabling the connection - Tried repairing the connection - Tried two different wires one being a CAT E and another being a CAT no crossovers - Tried pinging loopback no loss so I figure my NIC card works - Tried manual ip config - iffy about this -Tried winsock fix program - Tried netsh winsock reset catalog and netsh winsock reset reboot -Tried netsh int ip reset - Tried going to bios and loading failsafes several times End of list If there s anything else anyone can suggest I would really appreciate the help I m at a loss here I don t know what to do Thanks for taking the time to read nbsp

A:Limited or no connectivity - please help

Limited connection...

What up man?
Having a little connection problems are you...well lets see what we can do.
I had a problem similar to that before and this is what I did....goto control panel...click network connections...select your network card and right click on it...goto properties and click.....in the "This connection uses the following items" click on the TCIP protocol and check to see if the IP address has been statically entered...whoa, just check to see if the"Obtain an IP address automactically has a bullet mark or dot in it. if it doesnt...put one. Both should have a dot in AUTOMACTICALLY. This activates the dhcp so that your computer assings you a IP address that is used by your router..they should be linked. ie: 192.168.1.1 through 192.168.1.100....your router sholud have a list of IP addresses that can be used by it....your router can support up to 100 computers( in this example) ....
Good Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-please-help.117031/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-key-troubles-on-ps-2-keyboard-after-os-problems-are-solved.115870/
Relevancy 28.38%

I switched off my modem and router during a stormy night after that I was not able to get Limited or - No SP2 Windows Connectivity & XP on to the internet Router would not power on Cisco replaced it I have laptops and desktop Both the laptops work fine with the modem directly the desktops does not quot Limited or No Connectivity quot I have configured my router now both the laptops work fine wireless the desktop still does not wired Same error Tried to reinstall XP and it stops at quot Installing Network Components - minutes quot and hangs there for over hours Disabled the onboard LAN Card from the BIOS and installed XP then Limited or No Connectivity - Windows XP & SP2 turned on the card and updated the XP Still the same error quot Limited or No Connectivity quot Troubleshooting Removed all additional components NVIDIA Video card - IDE HDD and - SATA HDD Installed Microsoft patch KB and updated registry Windows Registry Editor Version HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Limited or No Connectivity - Windows XP & SP2 IPSec quot AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule quot dword Ran WinsockXPFix exe From the OS Help amp Support ran the Network Diagnostics all ok except that I get something like Invalid DHCP Server Uninstalled the existing driver and updated with the latest for the Limited or No Connectivity - Windows XP & SP2 network adapter Removed the ethernet cable and powered off the computer for sometime Connect the ethernet cable and then powered back the computer From the device manager the device seems to be working fine Details of my PC are - Windows XP with Service Pack - ASUS A V-MX - AMD Socket - VIA K M - Network Adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter The only changes I had made on the PC a week before are attached on additional SATA HDD and replaced the RAM MB if this helps Currently I have only one SATA HDD connected DVD ROM and Floppy Drive Any suggestion are welcome nbsp

A:Limited or No Connectivity - Windows XP & SP2

Forgot to add
- Not Firewalls , even the Windows Firewall is disabled.
- Set the Network card to 10Mbps/Full Duplex
- IPCONFIG I get a private IP 162.X.X.X

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-windows-xp-sp2.115729/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/
Relevancy 25.8%

I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

A:Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your answer may be found in this thread HERE Pages 10/11/12 maybe the interesting part for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-chip-location-on-dell-latitude-c840.36272/
Relevancy 22.79%

Firstly please excuse any typographical or grammatical errors its after AM and I just got home from this nightmare at or "Limited No Conectivity" work ok I am not overly knowledgeable when it comes to networks I can manage my own small computer network but when it comes to big scary business networks i dont think "Limited or No Conectivity" I know enough I was charged with the task of tone testing and labeling and re-cabling all of our network connections Everything was going smoothly until I apparently unplugged the wrong cable I dont know the proper names of everything so I shall describe to the best of my abilities our network and how it works Our parent company in Germany houses all of our shared network drives Everything we do goes through "Limited or No Conectivity" Germany then back to us The LAN seems intact as I see the little green lights when I plug the cables back in At the workstation the error I get is quot Limited or no Connectivity quot We also have no access to our network drives It appears the LAN is fine but the network connection to Germany is severed I know that every cable I unplugged was plugged back in I also did see one error on one of he server laptops in the back It said something about quot Duplicate Ip address found Please contact system admin etc etc quot Does any have ANY clue how to restore the connection based on the lame info I have provided Any help would be great as I will be in deep deep horse pucky should the entire network be down on Monday morning when everyone arrives to work Thanks in advance for any and all help With Regards Me nbsp

A:"Limited or No Conectivity"

It said something about "Duplicate Ip address foundClick to expand...

Well that's the problem!

Now I'll try to speak very basic (I'm good at that!)

If your network computers automatically picks up their own IP address (ie DHCP enabled)
Then all you need to do, is turn off all the computers and then turn them back on.

But if your network has been manually set up to use a specified IP address (DHCP Disabled) Then you will need to do the following
On the faulting IP computer
Go to Network Connections
Right Click on your Network icon (it probably says disabled)
Left click on Properties
Double Click on TCP\IP.... line
You should see the IP Address

That IP address is also on another computer.
But if set manually, then each computer must be different
So looking at the last number in the IP ie XXX.XXX.XX4 (X is unknown, and 4 is an example, because I don't know the number)
Just change that last number to a number that's not being used (probably just try 9)

Then restart the computer

How did it go?

If it doesn't work still, have a look here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post662504-2.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-conectivity.113744/
Relevancy 28.38%

i have a dell dimension c that was given as a gift when i got it it didnt have a OS but i was given a CD with windows xp w sp after installing it i tried to go online and my network connection only gets limited or no connectivity i ran the diagnostic that comes with IE and it says quot Error attempting to validate winsock base providers not all base service provider entries found in winsock catalog quot this is a home pc not connected to any network i know the isp is working because i m on another pc connected to the same modem bare with me as i have to keep switching the monitor and wires i ran the winsockxpfix but it didnt help i dont know whats going on the pc used to work until i put in the new hard drive and installed xp if you can guys can help in any way it d be deeply or no Limited help connectivity appreciated nbsp

A:Limited or no connectivity help

Network Driver: http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R150593.EXE
Then Dell Drivers: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-help.113198/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Compaq laptop with Windows xp sp and i have this weird problem Every time i connect to my wireless network a message pops-up saying Limited Connectivity? No or quot limited or no connectivity quot Yes I ve tried the repair option I have an D-link wireless router I dont think it is the network because my sisters laptop works fine on wireless The internet with cable works fine Everything looks normal the speed the signal strength but things like the status and the icon are different Now i know as your reading ur probably thinking quot why didn t he just search the forums or google before posting quot Well the reason is cause the threads I read have some answers Limited or No Connectivity? but all of them are too damn complicated to understand And I know asking them how to exactly do it is worthless because most of the threads are at least Limited or No Connectivity? few weeks old and its unlikely the poster will visit the thread again SO PLEASE BEFORE YOU POST AND SAY TO DO THIS AND THAT please give a brief explanation on how to actually Limited or No Connectivity? do it Some info on my thingy majigy Sorry but I am an amateur Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp Windows IP Configuration Host Name PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D - - F-EC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday September P M Lease Expires Thursday September PM Ethernet adapter wireless network connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -AF- F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Bianca Pineda gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter wireless network connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway nbsp

A:Limited or No Connectivity?

If you use a wireless USB adapter, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, making sure you have the latest drivers for it. If the PC uses its own internal adapter, try moving your PC to another place and see if that works.

Also, try unplugging and plugging the power in the D link router and then un-connect the telephone line and connect it again as sometimes a reset does the trick.

Make sure you know the password for your router (if you use encryption - which you really should to be safe from hackers) as if you uninstall the adapter drivers, it will ask you for the password for your router when trying to connect following the new installation. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity.112280/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am not very computer savvy but hopefully I can explain this problem I have two computers One is hooked up to high speed inernet - Windows XP The other is not - Windows Both have Network cards I bought a cable that connects the two I remove the high speed internet cable from the one computer and use this other cable to create a LAN connection between the two computers I was successful in creating a network and my son and I have played DOOM and Quake in team multiplayer mode TCP Then I got too many viruses in computer One and I was advised to completely connectivity no or Limited wipe out the hard drive and reinstall WIndows XP I did I thought I set up the network again the same way but now it doesn t work Here s what happens I connect the cable both computers load up the game On the multiplayer screen I will set up a game on Computer One Computer Two sees the game it needs to join from computer one But it never connects If I go the other way and use Computer Two to set up the game Computer One doesn t even see the game to join So there is communication going Limited or no connectivity on but something isn t right On Computer One when I m trying to connect to play the game I can see the computer struggling to acquire an IP address it then goes into the quot limited or no connectivity quot mode When I try to repair it it looks for a network address but still comes back with quot limited or no connectivity quot and tells me to see the Netork Administrator me The network neighborhood shows the two computers in it and the names I named them We used to play fine and I have tried to set up the home network with the Network wizard many times and the result is the same I may be doing something wrong but I think I remembered how I set it up the first time Please offer suggestions Which computer is the problem Could it be computer two Thank you nbsp

My suggestion is that you manually configure the IP address and SubNet mask on each system.

what you are experiencing is the computer is unable to find a DHCP server to give it the required ip/subnet/gateway configuration needed.

Manually configure each system with the following.
Computer1
IP address 192.168.1.100
SubNet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

Computer2
IP address 192.168.1.101
SubNet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

This will allow each computer to be on the same network and see each other.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity.35725/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys, ive got an annoying problem. Im using a belkin router, im using around 5-6 pc's, laptops and an xbox on the network. Sometimes when i turn on my xbox the whole network goes down which requires me to unplug the power cable to my router and put it back in (which is a little bit frustrating).

The main problem is when i load a program called bitlord. I can get around 20 mins - 3 hours of downloading before the router messes up (showing limited 'or' no connectivity on all the pc's around the house) which means i have to unplug the router and plug it back in and the network is fine.

Im not sure why this is. Is this my router settings or is there something very wrong with the router itself.

It doesnt seem to help even if i set up static ip adresses!

Any help is much appreciated!

A:Limited or No Connectivity

Hey Sloppy998

When you get a "limited or no connectivity" sign on your quick bar have u ever tried the "Repair" option by double clicking on your network connection? This has be known to resolve the problem in some cases as it reassigns new IP addresses to all the devices I think (this would then include the Xbox as well).... If you havn't tried this yet, you might want to before trying anything else....

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity.106445/
Relevancy 26.23%

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luck

A:Dell Latitude110L admin password

Your brother may ask DELL for master password to unlock the computer.

maxpaynemafia said:

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luckClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude110l-admin-password.51418/
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-solved-but-a-bit-concerned.108143/
Relevancy 31.82%

My company corporate office sent on Administrative Rights Laptop---help! Dell me a used Dell D this week I love the centrino techonlogy and it s much lighter and faster than my own personal HP Pavilion workhorse My problem is that the laptop is set up with user and administrator rights This stinks I can t download any applications Administrative Rights on Dell Laptop---help! update software even change the clock on the thing I wont have to return the laptop until I leave the job anyway so I want to be able to load Firefox Java GTA etc for when I travel with it Is Administrative Rights on Dell Laptop---help! there a way to crack the password and log on as an Administrator so I have permissions to change things and load programs or alternately can I dump the whole thing reload XP and start over I have the XP disk from my old HP I am not so good with computers but it would be a shame to travel for work as much as I do and be stuck in a hotel in Billings playing minesweeper nbsp

A:Administrative Rights on Dell Laptop---help!

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Well
this can be tricky but do-able.
Check This Link
or This Link

G'Luck & safe travel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrative-rights-on-dell-laptop-help.32092/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello Everyone I m a bit confused on the vast variety of CPU s and mobo s in the market I need a second opinion from the experts on some parts for my brothers PC they will want to play Mass Effect and Fable later on at decent resolution And all of this for about dolla or maybe less Parts a PC Limited With Budget I will list my recommendation to him below but I need some comments on my picks Intel Core Duo E GIGABYTE GA-EP -DS L Patriot Extreme Performance GB x GB SAPPHIRE Radeon HD MB Basically what I m trying to figure out is Is the E OK or E is a better price performance option Other recommendations are more than welcome Don t need a mobo with OC capabilities just compatible solid and durable Is there a cheaper and better option for something like the one I picked Does DDR Ram make a noticeable difference Should I stick with just DDR Thanks in advance nbsp

A:PC Parts With a Limited Budget

all of the above would be good, although I would really think the E7200 would have a better price/performance ratio. that mother board does have good overclock abilities, and yes if u are not going to overclock the DDR2 1066 Ram will be faster although the speed will have to be set manually in most BIOSes and the voltage for it in the GIG. BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-parts-with-a-limited-budget.106603/
Relevancy 28.38%

I went away to college and lived in the dorms my first year We had to use their internet and had to sign in every time we did we also had to use a cable to connect Well I never turned off my network sharing and so they thought i was downloading uploading stuff to other people on the same internet They ended up shutting my internet down but said i could get back on in weeks I tried weeks later but i would always get quot Limited Connectivity quot I didn Limited connectivity with working DSL t want to bother with the school at the time so i went in with some guys to buy wireless internet When i came back home which doesn t have wireless set-up i wasn t able to connect to my internet with the cable It kept saying quot Limited Connectivity quot but hasn t let me get on the internet Limited connectivity with working DSL with full access yet I was wondering if anyone knew how to quot lift quot this quot ban quot off from my computer that the people at my college put on my computer or do i have to call my ISP to help me fix this Thanks for taking the time to reading this and for any help you may give If it matters at all I m running on Vista nbsp

A:Limited connectivity with working DSL

Yes, it would be good to discuss this with your ISP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity-with-working-dsl.105515/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi there this is my problem I have a netgear wireless router gt which i have used for the past months with no problems I have a xp pc that connects wirelessly using a usb adapter and a xbox with wireless adapter that both work fine I also have a windows pc that is wired in that also works fine Up until now the vista machine that i use as my main pc has worked perfectly able to connect at all times This is WIRED directly into the back of the router Today vista comes up with the message quot limited connectivity quot on a unknown network This means I am unable to connect to the internet or content on other pcs via wireless LAN Things i have tried so far tried different ethernet cable tried different port on the back of the router in case one had burned out reset the ipv Netgear Connectivity - Vista Limited 834gt and ipv settings to default used vista s AMAZING self diagnosis tool to no avail reset the router updated the routers firmware despite the fact it has previously worked uninstalled the network port drivers and installed them again but cannot update driver due to no internet attempted to create a new network in vista but it cannot find any attached devices disabled firewall used cmd prompt to reset the various networking things attempted to system restore but for some reason their are no points present despite the fact it is turned on booted in safe mode with networking still same problem all the other machines be it either wired or wireless are able to connect so im pretty sure this is a Limited Connectivity Vista - Netgear 834gt vista issue the only thing i have done to the pc since it has been working is defrag it with Perfectdisk which also defrags the system boot files when you Limited Connectivity Vista - Netgear 834gt next reboot the pc the only thing Limited Connectivity Vista - Netgear 834gt i can think of is that this defrag of system files has somehow affected the networking i know it doesnt make sense please help nbsp

A:Limited Connectivity Vista - Netgear 834gt

SOAD said:

Hi there, this is my problem:

I have a netgear wireless router 834gt which i have used for the past 8 months with no problems. I have a xp pc that connects wirelessly using a usb adapter, and a xbox 360 with wireless adapter that both work fine. I also have a windows 2000 pc that is wired in that also works fine.

Up until now, the vista machine that i use as my main pc has worked perfectly, able to connect at all times. This is WIRED directly into the back of the router. Today, vista comes up with the message "limited connectivity" on a unknown network. This means I am unable to connect to the internet or content on other pcs via wireless LAN.

Things i have tried so far:

tried different ethernet cable
tried different port on the back of the router (in case one had burned out)
reset the ipv4 and ipv6 settings to default
used vista's AMAZING self diagnosis tool to no avail
reset the router
updated the routers firmware (despite the fact it has previously worked)
uninstalled the network port drivers and installed them again, but cannot update driver due to no internet
attempted to create a new network in vista but it cannot find any attached devices
disabled firewall
used cmd prompt to reset the various networking things
attempted to system restore but for some reason their are no points present despite the fact it is turned on
booted in safe mode with networking, still same problem

all the other machines, be it either wired or wireless are able to connect, so im pretty sure this is a vista issue.
the only thing i have done to the pc since it has been working is defrag it with Perfectdisk2008, which also defrags the system/boot files when you next reboot the pc. the only thing i can think of is that this defrag of system files has somehow affected the networking (i know it doesnt make sense!)
please help!Click to expand...

It's a little confusing if you're using wireless USB NIC or wired onboard NIC. Follow the steps below:

First go into your BIOS and see if the device is active (only for onboard NIC wired or wireless) Not for USB external devices.

PCMICA Wireless NiC
To be really show disable on board wireless NIC and install a wireless PCMICA card. If you have one of those laying around not in use? Onboard wireless NIC do fail at anytime. Since you already done what most service repair techs would do. Then the next step would be the wireless nic is not working correctly or has stop.

Wired NIC
If this is onboard NIC disable it and use a PCI or PCI-E wired NIC to see if that fixes the problem you're having..

Note: Like with most onboard network devices they do fail or may last for years without any issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity-vista-netgear-834gt.105629/
Relevancy 28.38%

Alright - Heres my situation - any help would be hugely appreciated We have our home internet hooked up through a Belkin Router We have PCs connected to it through ethernet direct cabling and laptops that connect via a wireless connection yes it can easily you not Connectivity, as Limited but know it handle more connection if needed All the ethernet connections work fine The wireless connections have worked fine for months About weeks ago one of the laptops got a limited connetivity message - I fixed that eventually by uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless adapter through the Limited Connectivity, but not as you know it device manager weeks ago a second laptop had the same issue - which I have been unable to resolve and now the st laptop has the same issue as well - Limited Connectivity The laptops send packets but dont receive any The rd laptop also connected wirelessly has no problems at all even my phone which has wlan works and the PS connects wirelessly no probs but not of the laptops Its really annoying and confusing Been trying for weeks to fix it - have tried everything I could think of friends could think of and google could find for me Yes - all settings are identical on the laptops And yes - I have tried the XP SP patch the PCHell limited connectivity sollution manually assigning ip addresses single connections to the router Even borrowed a friends usb wireless adapter to see if it was wireless network cards - but that worked on the pcs and laptop that was ok failed on the other limited connectivity laptops So its a problem on the laptops I m picking Fully nuked one of the laptops and reinstalled XP on it - no help Anything else worth trying And yes - the laptops do work via an ethernet connection but more wiring isnt really an option So please - any advice other than destroying the laptops would be greatfully received nbsp

A:Limited Connectivity, but not as you know it

My next step would be to look at the Belkin router. Have you applied the latest updates to its software?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity-but-not-as-you-know-it.104375/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have never done that and not doing very good to explained what s going on I m onto Comcast for longtime w my family and having hardtime to caught up making payment on DELL it s might or no Limited connectivity be that the one maybe cut me off or what suspiciou However there is NO error message from quote I put there I m onto WinXP I clicked on connection icon by the clock to bring up Local Area Connection Status I choose Support tab and click on Repair button Windows could not finish repairing the problem Limited or no connectivity because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address For assistance contact the person who manages your network I have nt been online for like a year and half I m freaking out ya know Hardly to play w WoW and Pogo w o that Please let me know what s the problem and I can try to GIT R DONE haha Thanks nbsp

Are you using a Router?
Are you just using cable modem connected to a PC?
Have you updated the firmware on the router?
Have you updated the drivers for the network card on your desktop or laptop?
Do a power on and off on the cable modem then on the router if you're using it.
If you just have the cable modem contact comcast has let them remote into your cable modem to see if their is a problem with it. If they find a problem you can, get one from them or save some money and go to one of the electronic stores and buy a cable modem. If you buy one on your own you have to tell comcast the mac address on the unit so they can join you to their network otherwise you won't be able to get onto the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity.104973/
Relevancy 27.95%

My network has worked perfectly fine for around a year. Then on Tuesday, out of the blue i went to check my desktop computer (which i use a media/web server) and the little network icon by the clock had the yellow (!) saying limited or no connectivity.

I attempted to repair it but it gets stuck on assigning network IP, and ends up assigning it an adhoc IP. I have tried to manually assign it an IP, no change, i replaced the network cable. I even did a format and reinstalled XP. Same problem. All drivers have been uninstalled and updated drivers downloaded (using my MacBook, phew). Still no go.

Anyone got any ideas. I can only assume it may be a hardware issue if it still is giving me jip. ^^

Curt

A:Limited or No Connectivity. Unable to Repair

you dont say how the IP is assigned, where is the DHCP server ?

if its directly from a cable modem, then thats the fault, if its from a router then thats the fault. if its from a domain server then the fault is there.

what NIC is it, is it onboard or a PCI card,

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-or-no-connectivity-unable-to-repair.79162/