Windows Support Forum

What would you change about my system?

Q: What would you change about my system?

If you could upgrade 1 thing in my system, what would it be?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What would you change about my system?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: What would you change about my system?

I will be getting a new PSU. I would use a 9800GT 1GB and then a HD 6950/6970.

Maybe my CPU and motherboard, and with that also my DVD Drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-change-about-my-system.171871/
Relevancy 43%

A company I do work for had a system come in configured with a single drive, and the BIOS was configured with RAID. The system was upgraded to a Samsung SSD, but the Samsung Magician software commented drive was not set for AHCI. A quick change in the
BIOS from RAID to AHCI mode led to no problems on reboot. Will this cause any problems in the future? I'm not sure why Dell shipped this system with RAID configured and not a second drive, but performance testing with Magician had 3 categories within 5% of
the max performance and one around 10%. Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b074b7c4-a89a-4434-a070-c33ad3041614/upgraded-system-to-ssd-but-system-was-shipped-from-dell-with-raid-1-and-single-drive-questions?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 43%

Hi

3 questions

Q1
How to change System manufacturer/Model in dxdiag
If it is in the bios-why does it say

System Manufacturer:System Manufacturer
System Model: System Model

and Not ASUS or something
????

Q2

How to change System manufacturer/Model in Windows Experience Index
If it is in the bios-why does it say

and Not ASUS or something
????

Q3
How to change System manufacturer/Model in system properties (computer/properties)
Why does it not show

or anything
????

This is a home built computer

If i have to even hack the dxdiag app and winSAT.exe - I dont care Just tell me how

A:[SOLVED] Change System Manufacturer/Model in dxdiag. wei. and system.

If it's home built system it won't give name of model or manufacturer, and in any case it doesn't make even a tiny bit of difference to your computer's performance so why are you bothered about.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-change-system-manufacturer-model-in-dxdiag-wei-and-system-574091.html
Relevancy 43%

If I change my operating system to linux and delete my old operating system entirely, will I be able to still use system restore to change my old operating system back?
Please help. All help is appreciated.

A:If I change my operating system to linux, can I still use windows' system restore?

The simple answer is no. If you remove an OS then you can not use it to do a restore because it is no longer there to run the restore program. What I would recommend would be to have a duel boot system.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298709-if-i-change-my-operating-system-linux-can-i-still-use-windows-system-restore.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have purchased a new laptop (my old one died) and now find that it is called "Bond & Bond", the name of the retail outlet. I changed the system name to mine but still all the drive paths have Bond & Bond in them. I do not want the retailers name on my computer forever.

Running XP

How can I change it?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 38.7%

I just received a used laptop with Windows 2000.

Is it possible to change the "System Name" under "System Information"?

Thanks for your help.

A:System Name Change

Are you referring to the Registered Owner & Organization.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-021

If you just want to change the Computer name then just click the Network Identification tab in system properties, then click the properites button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-name-change.858717/
Relevancy 38.7%

If I use the Partition Utility included with Knoppix Linux to split my 80G HD and install Linux on the 2nd partition is there any danger of damaging the current system operation (WinXP SP2)?
I'm also planning on buying a USB HD for back up. Will both XP _and_ Linux transfer back and forth to/from the Ext HD?
A new version of Acronis True Image 9 is available. Will it work with Linux as well?
Dean Wesley

A:System Change

Dean Wesley said:

If I use the Partition Utility included with Knoppix Linux to split my 80G HD and install Linux on the 2nd partition is there any danger of damaging the current system operation (WinXP SP2)?
I'm also planning on buying a USB HD for back up. Will both XP _and_ Linux transfer back and forth to/from the Ext HD?
A new version of Acronis True Image 9 is available. Will it work with Linux as well?
Dean WesleyClick to expand...

………………………………………/""~,
……………………………………../:::::/
…………………………………..,-"""Ż""-,
……………………………….,~"……….\
……………………………,~"…………,..\
…………………………,-"………….....|..|
………………………,-"………………..|..|
……………………,-"…………………..|..|
………………….,-"……………………/..|
…………………/……………………..'...|
………………../………………………...|
………………./…………………..,„_„...|
………………/…………………,-,-~-,-~',
……………../……………….,-" ( . . o)_ş)
……………./………………./ . . ."-~" . . ŻŻŻŻŻ""~-,
……………|………………..| . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-~"~,
……………|…………….....| . . . . . . . . . . . . . /:::::::\
……………|…………….....| . . . . . . . . . . . . . |::::::::|
……………|………………..\ . . . ._ . . . . . . . . "-,„„„-"
…………....|……………….."-, . .(.."~,------------~" IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!
…………….|._……………….."~,.."~-'---,………………,--~~-,
………….,~" . Ż"~,……………….Ż"~~-",-\………….,-"-,"~, . ."-,
……….,-"….,~",-~"\…..-'.,„„„………………"-,……….| . . "-, "-, . |
………..\,,-",~"……/…..,-" . ."-,…………..'-,."-,……..) . . . ."-,,-"
………….'-,……..(,--,.,-" . . . . |……………."-,"-,,("-~"-,""~~~"
…………….Ż"""Ż,-", .), . . . . ,-"………………."-,\,."..,-"
………………….'-, .".,"-,_„„~"……………………"."-,"
……………………."~"-,.\,…,--~~~-,………………,~',
………………………….Ż"~/ . . . . . .)……………,"-~',
……………………………./ . . . . . . |--„„„„„„--,~""Ż . . .)_
………………………….,-" . . . . . .,-"………/ . . . . . . , .)
…………………………( . . . . . ,. . , ")……"-, . . . . .) ,'-"
………………………….."~-,„_ . .)_,|-"……….Ż""""""Ż""
…………………………………ŻŻ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-change.432539/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello I recently purchased a new computer and my son registered it or did something under my name after building it I tried changing the username and the computer name but it still shows files with my name attached to them Call me over protective but I was taught when name the to my of I change system need I first started using computers that you should not have your name attached to them I don't want someone hacking into my computer and knowing anything about me It pains me to see my name right in front of my face knowing someone could use it in some I need to change the name of my system way When I search my name in the search box it brings up a folder with a Lock on it Inside the folder is a group of folders These folders say things such as contacts desktop downloads favorites links my documents my music my pictures my videos saved games searches I would love it if someone could help me so I can change my name on here It doesn't bother me if it says Carl T But the fact that it has my last name is what really bothers me I would hate to have to reinstall the whole system just to make this one thing change but if its what I have to do Thank you so much for your time I rather appreciate it Carl

A:I need to change the name of my system

Have a look at this How to Change the User Folder Name of a User Profile in Windows 7.

See how you go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/155025-i-need-change-name-my-system.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi guys I m in a pickle and I d appreciate your help I bought a new Gateway notebook last week with XP Home preinstalled Like many portables these days the hard drive had a separate quot recovery partition quot containing the OS and preinstalled apps During boot a message briefly appeared--- quot Press F to start restore quot ---in case you needed to use this feature I planned to reformat the h d and dual-boot XP Pro and Linux To start this process I d normally Partition Magic from floppy disks--- but this computer doesn t have a floppy drive Welcome to the st century So I booted a live Linux CD deleted the partitions created a single large FAT partition and made it active I shut down the system inserted my XP Pro CD then selected the CD from the boot menu But instead the system stopped at quot Press F to start restore quot I called Gateway The technician said that they weren t supposed to give advice about installing other OS s After I begged a bit he told me the quot restore quot behavior wasn t in the BIOS whew but in the hard drive s MBR master boot record which he said I d need to rewrite So I rebooted Linux why did that still work but not the XP CD and used fdisk to recreate the MBR Then I re-created the single FAT partition and made it active But I still can t boot from my XP CD The quot Restore quot message no longer appears but the cursor just hangs on the screen Among the standard boot messages preceding this is one that says quot No TPM or TPM has problem quot I looked New system---can't change OS?? up quot TPM quot in a computer glossary It s apparently some kind of security chip that prevents people from running unauthorized software Could this have something to do New system---can't change OS?? with it I saw another article specifically about Gateway computers that said TPM would be quot offered as a feature quot but that users had to pay an extra to activate it My only other guess is that the hard drive was so specifically configured for this restore-partition stuff that normal methods don t work on it Should I use a utility that completely quot zeroes out quot the drive If I do that will I still be able to repartition and format it I could probably still restore everything from the CD s that came with the system then quot upgrade quot XP Home to Pro unless the system objected of course But the darn restore partition would be back hogging of the drive which of course Gateway doesn t mention in their drive specs Is there no way around this Have we gotten to the point where we can t choose what we want on our own computers Is it possible that we re actually required to use one version of one OS Well maybe I m missing something simple If so sorry for the rant---and thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

I bought a used Acer desktop running Windows7 Premium, dual core 6gb ram.
The previous owner's name always shows up when you save any doc or download (ex. c:\users\hisname\filename)
I went to users in control panel and changed the name to mine and then went into registry and did the same, but it still shows up. I think I now have duplicate files with two different users.
How can I fix this? Thanks

A:I need to change username on my used system

Hi, where in the registry?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"RegisteredOrganization"=""
"RegisteredOwner"=

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-need-to-change-username-on-my-used-system-611288.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently sent my computer to get fixed and he had to wipe my system clean and basically start over. I chose to get Windows 7 and he installed it but now I'm trying to hook my printer up to it and it says that my operating system is still Vista. Well I went in and tried to change it to windows 7 and the drop down box doesnt even have it listed. I even tried to change the product key and that didnt work. So my question is how do I change it from vista to windows 7?

A:Cant change operating system

Are you actually running windows 7 and the printer doesn't recognize the operating system or are you running vista but have windows 7 installed on your computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/76209-cant-change-operating-system.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I had installed Windows 7 to dual-boot along with my old installation of Windows XP so that I could finish backing up the old files before deleting it. Well now I've pretty much got everything off the XP partition so I don't need it anymore. So I set 7 as the active partition, and it was already set as C:. The 7 partition comes after the XP partition, and though it is marked as (Boot, Page File, Active, Crash Dump, Primary Partition), the XP partition is marked as (System, Primary Partition). Is it safe to delete it? Or if not, how do I make the Windows 7 Partition the System partition?

A:Change system partition?

Hello danime91, welcome to Seven Forums!

Are XP and Windows 7 on separate Hard Disk Drives?

Before we make any specific recommendations will you please post a snip/screen-shot of the entire disk management drive map with a full description as to which drive/partition is which, so we can see what you have going on as there may be a fairly simple way to resolve the situation.

In the Windows start menu right click computer and click manage, in the left pane of the "Computer Management" window that opens click disk management and post a snip of that.

How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/148547-change-system-partition.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys am whole or system vga change ? card wondering at the moment whether to change whole system or vga card ? get a new graphics card or wait and get a new system Spec Athlon xp mb ram geforce fx Well i didnt really know anything about graphics cards when i got mine a while back and have lately been reading alot about graphics cards etc only to find out that any geforce fx card must be change whole system or vga card ? avoided for good gaming backthen i thought the more memory the better but now i kinda know differently I am looking at getting a gt agp but am wondering if st my system will hold back the card and also would i need a new power supply if so what one On the other hand im thinking of waiting a bit and saving up and then buying a whole new gaming system perhaps in months or so but i get kinda impatient with such poor frame rates that i wanna solve the problem now would you suggest that i buy a new graphics card for now or just wait and use the money to get a new system Thanks nbsp

A:change whole system or vga card ?

I think a 6600gt agp would be a decent match to that system, assuming you do have an agp slot(fx5500's come in pci as well).

You would only need a new power supply if adding the new card would draw more power than your current power supply can put out. What psu do you have? Make, model, wattage, etc. A 6600gt should only use about 20w or so more than your fx5500.

A new system would be a big upgrade. What would your budget be? Would you be building yourself or buying it prebuilt?

If you would build yourself you could get a 6600gt now, and then in 6 months build a new system, and reuse your 6600gt if you got this motherboard.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157081
The board supports both agp and pci-e x16 cpus, so you can use your 6600gt until you think you need more power, then you can get a pci-e x16 card with more power later.

Edit: Welcome to techspot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-whole-system-or-vga-card.39026/
Relevancy 38.27%

I accidently formatted my system drive to fat32 and when I'm booting windows setup it says that your hard drive is damaged and restarts automaticcaly,what should I do?

A:How to change file system without OS

Hello Sabitexs, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could use step 2 in the tutorial below to convert drive to NTFS in a command prompt at boot without losing anything. Be sure that you are using the correct drive letter. They are not always the same at boot as they are in Windows.

Convert FAT or FAT32 Volume to NTFS

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301307-how-change-file-system-without-os.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

My desktop system came with an OEM version of Vista Home Premium installed. This has since been upgraded to Ultimate.

Unfortunately the mother board has developed a fault and I will have to replace it.

The original motherboard is no longer available (manufacturer gone bust I think) so I have to replace it with a different make.

According to searches on Microsoft, to continue using an OEM version of vista any change of mother board must be of the same make and type as installed on the original system the OS version was licensed to.

If this is true I will have to purchase a full version of Vista or try and get another OEM version with a motherboard. (VERY expensive so not an option)

Has anyone had the same problem and know if this is true or know of a way round this.

Regards

Copperfield

A:OEM System change of motherboard

Hello Copperfield,

Sometimes if you use the same brand of motherboards you will still be able to use the same OEM Vista on it, but you will have to check with the OEM manufacturer to be sure though.

You could get a cheaper upgrade version and use this method below to install if you end up having to buy a retail copy.

Clean Install From Upgrade Vista

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/203010-oem-system-change-motherboard.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Last year I installed Windows XP on my pc. During the installation it ask me to choose ntsf or fat 32. I made a mistake I think and chose ntsf. I know the system was fat 32 when I bought it with Windows ME installed. This computer has not worked well since I did the new install. Is it possible to change it back to fat 32 or do I need to do a new install? Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 38.27%

My system is running XP Pro and currently has (3) HDs.

Currently the Windows System Drive is setup on an old 40GB 5400RPM HD. C: drive.

I would like to change the System Drive over to one of my newer/faster 80GB 7200RPM HDs.

How do I go about doing this ??

Can I simply swap the physical locations (on the IDE cables) and accomplish this ???

A:How to Change the System Drive to another HD ?

Yes. Of course you have to put Windows on it. You could clone your present system drive. What exactly are your plans?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-the-system-drive-to-another-hd.618879/
Relevancy 38.27%

i have a toshiba satellite laptop os windows xp sp2. i also have a a dell laptop with xp pro sp2. i would like to have windows pro in both. How do i accomplish this i have the reinstall cd for xp pro sp2. i want to make sure that i start fresh and clean the hard drive also.

thanking every1 for all thier help constantly

A:change operating system

Make sure you have a drivers disk for the Toshiba. Often times the OS on laptops is a unique version that installs the proper proprietary drivers you need to have it run properly.

otherwise go into BIOS and make sure it boots drom your CD drive before your hard-drive and have the windows CD in while you reboot. It should ask you if you want to boot from the disk. Choose to install, format etc. Follow the instructions. Make sure you have that original disk handy though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-operating-system-227908.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am trying to change the file system on a new thumb drive on my machine (XP home,SP3,1gig ram,P4 cpu). The system recognizes the drive but with a fat32 file system. I went to device manager to change to NTFS but there is no option for that in the drop down menu. Any hints? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

A:change file system

Take a look, How to convert a FAT16 volume or a FAT32 volume to an NTFS file system in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307881

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366973/change-file-system/
Relevancy 38.27%

One of the things that I find annoying is being told that the updates are ready to download. Usually I settle for remind me later. Yesterday I allowed the updates to be downloaded and later, to be installed.
Since then I've had problems. Every time I reboot I get the message
Windows 2000 has finished installing new devices. you must restart your computer before new settings will take effect. Do you want to restart your computer now? I said "yes" the first couple of times but I still get asked again - and again! So now I say "no" and the computer boots without problem.
I confess to not knowing what the updates were for (!) If I did, I'd probably try another download and try a re-install. As it is, I'm left with the recurring message and no ideas regarding how to solve it. Anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 38.27%

I have windows vista ultimate x64 in turkish, i downloaded en-US and changed the display language to it, but the system language doesn't seem to change. is there a way to change through registry etc.?

A:is it possible to change the system language?

Here is more information regarding your query.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/How-do-I-get-additional-language-files

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-change-the-system-language.907639/
Relevancy 38.27%

Am running with admin login on Win7 with UAC On -
Have program that modifies some registry keys in HKey_LocalMachine.

No matter what level of UAC protection I select, windows does not notify me to confirm changes and changes are actually saved in registry.

I am not running program elevated using Run As Admin.

What's the reason my Win7 and Win8 machines allow registry changes to be made without asking?

Any response is appreciated.

Lee

A:UAC not asking for system change confirmation

I have no experience in this so I wouldn't know but maybe a couple of questions will help.

1. What particular application are you using?

2. Also, does the UAC prompt appear when performing other Administrative tasks? e.g. Installing an application

3. When you wrote "admin login", did you mean the built in Administrator account or an account with administrator privileges?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/328798-uac-not-asking-system-change-confirmation.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I purchased a used laptop from someone. I changed the owner in the reg edit. Changed the user account names, and everything i could think of. Yet, it still says in c:/documents and setting/(guy who i purchased from) i try to change the name of the folder so there is no more a trace of him having it, and it wont let me.... any suggestions? how do i completly remove his name from the pc? thanks.

A:Change system folder name

Hmmmm, I dont know. Maybe you could copy any files or folders inside of the folder ur talkin about, delete that folder that has his name in it, then re-make the folder an name it whatever. Then, just paste all the files into that. Get some more confirminations on this before doing it though, I wouldn't want to destroy your computer or anything ;)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-system-folder-name-128996.html
Relevancy 38.27%

For some odd reason, I cannot change the date in Windows.

Right now (April 14), my system is reading April 17. After I change it to the correct date and hit apply, it changes itself back to April 17 after a few seconds.

What gives? Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Relevancy 38.27%
A:Can i change my operating system on my Z3-115 all ...

Hi Spot6, Yes you can, but check if you don?t lose the warranty for the O.S. and always create an USB recovery of the original O.S. just in case something goes wrong you can go back.    Consider also that on Acer web theirs no drivers for W7.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Can-i-change-my-operating-system-on-my-Z3-115-all-in-one-from/td-p/423244
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello I am having problems with my to to from E C my disk system change Need Windows XP Pro SP desktop system Originally my C drive consisted of -Gb WD drives in a RAID array Last year one of these failed and was replaced with a -Gb WD drive remirrored Need to change my system disk from E to C and all was fine Yes I know that Gb of the new drive is unusable in this config Today I received an error message from the RAID drivers after rebooting indicating a problem with the RAID array and asking me to either resynch or boot normally When I tried Need to change my system disk from E to C to resynch I got an error message saying it failed When I tried to continue the boot I just got a blank screen -- it never even began Need to change my system disk from E to C loading Windows To get around this I destroyed the RAID array and was able to boot without problems The only thing is I now had both a C drive and an E drive In disk management both disks show up as healthy The C drive has a main partition of Gb which holds the page file plus an unallocated space of Gb The E drive has a single Gb partition and is the system disk I ran the error checking utility Properties Tools Error-checking for each drive and the E drive came back with a bunch of errors The C drive was clean and the system then booted normally It seems to me that the E drive is beginning to fail and is the source of my problems So here are my questions How can I convert my C drive to being the system disk I would like to swap out the E drive How can I determine the integrity of my data The E drive has fewer folders and files but the ones there seem to be intact If I install new software e g for folder comparison does it update the registry on E Thank you in advance for your help - Peter

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419137/need-to-change-my-system-disk-from-e-to-c/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,
A friend of mine asked me to look at his laptop, I had very little information to go on as he was in a hurry, he just said it would not boot to the operating system (Vista). I later found out that his brother had changed the operating system to XP which would not work properly and tried to change back to Vista with disastrous results, at switch-on there is the black screen showing the three safe mode options, last known good, and start windows normally, nothing works of course, just a brief BSOD and then back to the black screen, he does not have a Vista installation disk, so things are looking grim as far as I can see, he also mentioned that he had pictures on the hard drive which he would like recovered of possible! any suggestions??
Thanks.

Relevancy 38.27%

hi,
how to change system information : windows7 64bit ? ( example in atach file )

A:How to change system information

Hi khalo, Welcome to Seven forums.

What information you want to change? Name and all?

Check out this article.

It is for XP. Works for 7 as well

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/320008-how-change-system-information.html
Relevancy 38.27%

i have a laptop that had windows xp. i used a cd to upgrade to vista. i formatted c and d drive but am now having memory problems. something is eating it up. how do i remove everything on the hard drive and reinstall vista?

Relevancy 38.27%

I have 2 Compaq Deskpro's, 233mhz, one with Win NT and the other Win 2000. I received these through a bankruptcy and do not have access to the administrator passwords required for access upon boot-up. Can I simply FDisk and re-format these machines or should something be done prior?

Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys, i've been having many hardware issues with my computer recently, but I believe this is the root of the problem. My computer system says it's capable of running 64 bit, which I have installed, however is there a reason it will only let me change it to 32 bit? There is also a lot of information missing in my dxdiag, I will enclose a log. System type from computer properties says its a 64 bit operating system so I am extremely confused.
Thanks,

Justin

A:Operating system is 64 bit, but won't let me change it?

So you upgraded from 32 to 64 bit? Did you run upgrade adviser?
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/operating-system-is-64-bit-but-wont-let-me-change-it-617099.html
Relevancy 38.27%

im having trouble changing my system locale in windows 8.1 i can locate region and language in my control panel but when i try to go into region nothing happens. does anyone know how to fix this ? any help at all would be much appreciated, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-system-locale.1143320/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have System Partition Change two hard drives in my computer the first with Windows XP installed and the second with Windows XP x and Windows installed I never use Windows XP anymore so my plan was to delete it and copy the bit installation to that Change System Partition drive but as it turns out the XP partition is the system partition From what I ve read in similar topics I could format the drive and then use the Windows disk to do a startup repair As a test I set the XP partition to inactive and used the Windows disk I learned that the disk dosent even see the Windows installation unless the XP partition is active it also tells me that Windows is installed on drive C which is false I figured these tings would work themselves out and deleted the XP partition anyway I had to recover it to get my computer to boot again but now it goes straight into without giving me the choice to boot into XP or XP Is my problem a little more complex because im working with three operating systems Please tell me what I can do to fix all of this and achieve my original goal Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

How do I change my operating system from ME to XP

A:How do I change my operating system

Simple. You would need to purchase a copy of windows xp. Just make sure your computer can support it. At least have 1gb of ram and decently fast processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-change-my-operating-system.798308/
Relevancy 38.27%

I was just uploading pictures to Photobucket when I got this message:

System Settings Change

Windows has finished installing new devices. The software that supports your device requires that you restart your computer. You must restart your computer before the new settings will take effect.

Do you want to restart your computer now?
What devices? I do have an mp3 player plugged into my USB drive, but the computer doesn't recognize it as being plugged in, although it will charge it up. I also haven't installed anything of late. Does this have anything to do with updates? What should I do?

Computer: Dell Opti-Plex GX260, running SP2

A:System Settings Change

After checking Device Manager (where under the MTP device it said it wasn't working right, and to restart), I got this message:

System Settings Change

Your hardware settings have changed. You must restart your computer for these changes to take effect.

Should I restart? Are these for security updates?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219436/system-settings-change/
Relevancy 38.27%

How do i change all the settings that have the square around it http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2...mpropertie.gif i would like to change it all (the pics text and stuff) to match a theme thanks in advance

A:How do I change these system properties?

This should get you started for now: How to change Windows orb in System Properties?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/144060-how-do-i-change-these-system-properties.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I only see the SDD on my new need see to SDD Only on do a multi-HDD 1 system...What change? I build and not the HDD's that are attached also Do I need to go to the command Only see 1 SDD on a multi-HDD system...What do I need to change? prompts and enter DISKPART commands and setup each drives manually Also the drive that I see does not show the max GB of the drives as GB It show the drive max GB of GB and GB free Is there something I needed to do to change the drive's size Using the SSD for Boot OS Programs drive is setup and Windows PRO bit is loaded The next thing I would like to do is get the drives to show so I can do the following Using the TB HDD in RAID for libraries data media my DOCS Music Pics etc Using the TB external HDD for backup-Microsoft Sync and Norton backup Utilities Please Help System specs Sapphire Radeon HD G DDR PCIE Cosair GS Intel Only see 1 SDD on a multi-HDD system...What do I need to change? Core i - K GHz Quad Core Cooler Master Hyper EVO CFM Sleeve Bearing Gigabyte GA-Z -D H-MVP mATX LGA Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR - Crucial m GB -Inch Solid State Drive SATA Gb s Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Seagate Barracuda x TB quot RPM Cooler Master HAF ATX Mid Tower Asus BC- B ST-BLK B AS Blue-Ray Reader DVD CD Writer WD TB external drive

A:Only see 1 SDD on a multi-HDD system...What do I need to change?

First, maybe I don't understand, but have you set up your Raid 1 in bios? What is your bios sata controller set to, Raid, AHCI or IDE? Have you installed IRST? If everything is set up, you should be able to go to disk management, see the drives in the lower portion with no drive letter, right click the drive, select 'change drive letter or Path', next screen select 'Add' and assign it a drive letter. Or you can do diskpart, select disk # (where # is the number of the drive you want) type assign and press enter. Do that for each drive.

For example diskpart <enter> wait for the command prompt to respond diskpart.
select disk 1 <enter> wait for the command prompt to respond disk 1 is the selected disk
assign <enter>

If you get any other response, exit and post a screenshot of disk management showing both the top and bottom part so we can see all the disks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273598-only-see-1-sdd-multi-hdd-system-what-do-i-need-change.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I got a windows vista computer and it came with an upgrade dvd. So i upgraded my windows xp to vista thinking I could change it back when I needed to use xp but I can`t . I went into the recovery console and it gave me 3 choices that I dont understand. I can now only use the vista version on both computers. How can I get Xp back?

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, I use CorelDraw and with it comes a little app called Bitstream Font navigator. I try to use it as little as possible though as it always messes up my system fonts. Normally it comes right again after a reboot.
This time though it won't change back. Seems it's stuck on Tahoma or something.
Any idea how to change it back to whatever the default system font is?

Relevancy 38.27%

hi i am using windows 8 enterprise N i want to change the fonts of right click mouse options and all items on my computer pls tell me how can i change fonts

A:How To Change System Fonts ??

Hello Edward, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If you like, you could use OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to change the default font in Windows 8 as well.

Fonts - Change - Windows 7 Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/19156-how-change-system-fonts.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I see drive letters are a common problem with Seven I did not see the solution to this I have dual boot with XP and Seven The letter of these partitions are under XP C Sys and Y Sysseven under Seven C Sysseven and X Sys A third partition is D Docs the same on the systems Till there everything is OK Now I wanted to upgrade my Harddisk it's on a laptop I made first Ghosts under BartPe external CD of the system partitions So I How for ? the change new disk a to one system had no access to changing drive letters from there naturally put back the ghosts Sys and Sysseven on a new partitionned usb drive switched the harddrives the old one and the new one in the laptop When booting either Seven or XP I had the message I should quot repaire the computer quot I did it to go to Seven thinking it would fix it After all it was not the same boot disk any more It's obviously a new system that tracks every little part of the system to avoid illegal copies But I think it goes too far now Repaire with the Seven DVD But it did not dispatch drive letters the right way So Seven said reconstructing the Desktop because all personnal data are on the D Docs drive quot This not a valid copy of Windows quot and nothing else on the How to change the system disk for a new one ? desktop I launched Task Manager How to change the system disk for a new one ? the only thing I could do How to change the system disk for a new one ? at this step Launched a new task quot Explorer quot from there I could see with system information that all drives had false letters but quot My Computer quot was not operationnal and I could not fix it No way to access drive management So please tell me if you see how I should have proceeded to make it work And how I could now fix it Almost nothing works in Seven I saw no way to tell Windows he was wrong to think my version was not authentical Thank you PS I still can put back the old Harddisk but it's not the goal

A:How to change the system disk for a new one ?

My problem is solved. I found a good message on this forum (by the admin :-) thanks !) which explains how to change drive letters from a command prompt with the diskpart command.
It's not quite easy because you have to rename partitions in the good order and after that, once repair done, you are able to reassign letters correctly from within Seven.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/24684-how-change-system-disk-new-one.html
Relevancy 38.27%

hallo,

have been reading a lot of posts on the subject but havnt hit on one that applies to this.

in the course of my warming to win7, i hate two of its icons - paint and media player. if i cant have the win xp icons then i want to choose them from shell32.dll

PROBLEM
cant find the change icon button in the properties option of either paint or media player. a third-party freebie probably does this sort of trick but i dont like downloading anything for free as it invariably isnt!

tis but a small problem but ima woman, i like things the way i like things..........

thanks

karaman
the spirit never dies

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a VHDX which I sometimes boot from and sometimes use as a VM in Hyper V It has Windows installed on the default C drive This is somewhat confusing as the C may be can How drive? system I change C: the original How can I change system C: drive? C drive or the VHDX C drive with the original C drive renamed to H in my case I want C to always be the native boot and T for example to always be the boot for the VHDX Can I change the VHDX to have Windows installed to say T I was thinking of renaming all instances of C to T in the registry and updating BCDEDIT It is not possible to change system disk in disk management If this How can I change system C: drive? is not possible can I re-install windows on the VHDX and specify a different letter and C This is how it looks when booting from VHDX Code DISKPART gt list disk Disk Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk Online GB KB Disk Online GB GB Disk Online MB B Disk Online GB MB

A:How can I change system C: drive?

Hi

Not sure whether helps but i would recommend trying this :

How to restore the system/boot drive letter in Windows

How to Change Windows Drive Letter Using Registry in Xp: 18 Steps

Boot from the VHD and try changing the OS partition's letter to "T".

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/48185-how-can-i-change-system-c-drive.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,
Can anybody help me how to change the system partition in Win XP?
Please note that my computer is not infected with worms which change the drive letters and I do not want to restore it back.
I have C: as system drive and D: as boot drive.I want to make D: as both system and boot drive so that I can then go on and repartition C:.
Currently windows does not allow any format or repartition of c: because it is a system drive.

A:How To Change System Parttion

We probably need some more information to answer your question. When you say that your c drive is the system drive do you mean that windows is installed there? If so how do you boot from the d drive? Is windows installed on both drives?

There are 3rd party programs that can create, resize and otherwise change your partitions, such as Partition Magic, this might allow you to do what you are asking about.

The other option would be to backup files and drivers, reinstall windows, reformat drive and setup partitions.

In setting up your partitions, there are 3 basic scenarios (leaving aside where your cd/drive(s) might be)

c drive Windows and programs and d drive files

or c drive, Windows only, d drive programs and e drive files

You may also create additional partitions for different types of files, pictures mp3 etc.

But optimally, I would recommend the c drive having windows and programs and d drive having files. That makes it a little easier t0 do a regular backup and if your system gets hosed you can more easily get up and running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41141/how-to-change-system-parttion/
Relevancy 38.27%

Well I finally figured out There Is Windows? System Log in Change a how to get my system to recognize the Macrium Images I previously made so I Is There a System Change Log in Windows? am going to restore to a clean system restore I made before I started having problems then re-do making the Data partition and moving the files appropriately So I am good to go There are a couple of things that would still help though A Windows OS save settings export settings tool which would save the customizations Is There a System Change Log in Windows? I have made since the clean stable install An Outlook settings transfer tool which would transfer or export the email setups as well as all of the Outlook Options I have personally configured and A way to determine what changes I have made to my system since the Macrium Image was Is There a System Change Log in Windows? created That way I can pick and choose which apps I want to reinstall and which ones I do not I tried going in to the System Restore settings and it turns out that when I created the Data partition and moved the files it turned off the System Restore Nevertheless there were many changes made before that which may have created restore points that I could use to identify the changes that need to be re-made If there is a 'back door' into the System Restore log or another system change log it would be very advantageous to have So if anyone can help me with any of these I would have the utmost gratitude Bill was kind and diligent enough to locate a superb tool for exporting my Internet Explorer settings so that will prove most helpful If I had such a tool for Outlook and Windows OS settings I would be ecstatic Thanks to all who contributed to my dilemma I cannot express in words how grateful I am for you sharing your knowledge and insights with me I will be quot awarding rep quot later today after things settle out and I find out which posts I can give the rep to This forum kind of limits the rep I can spread around but I will try to give as much credit where it is due With utmost appreciation

A:Is There a System Change Log in Windows?

Quote: Originally Posted by juanantoniod

Well, I finally figured out how to get my system to recognize the Macrium Images I previously made, so I am going to restore to a clean system restore I made before I started having problems, then re-do making the Data partition, and moving the files appropriately. So, I am good to go. There are a couple of things that would still help though:

Ok some suggestions - may or may not work to your needs

Quote:
1. A Windows 7 OS save settings/export settings tool which would save the customizations I have made since the clean, stable install;

Check out windows easy transfer - there should be options to just save the user settings and or application settings without the actual user data

Quote:
2. An Outlook settings transfer tool, which would transfer or export the email setups, as well as all of the Outlook Options I have personally configured; and

If the above does not allow you to save your user settings for Outlook then the vast majority of outlook settings are held in the outlook.pst file, which it is a good idea to back-up anyway as it contains the actual eMails. Depending on which outlook version you are using methods are available to point to the original file when re-installing outlook

Quote:
3. A way to determine what changes I have made to my system since the Macrium Image was created. That way, I can pick and choose which apps I want to reinstall and which ones I do not. I tried going in to the System Restore settings, and it turns out that, when I created the Data partition and moved the files, it turned off the System Restore. Nevertheless, there were many changes made before that, which may have created restore points that I could use to identify the changes that need to be re-made. If there is a 'back door' into the System Restore log, or another system change log, it would be very advantageous to have.

The creation of an image file is unfortunately a completely different thing to a restore point (which only records system changes not user file changes), the only advice I can give here is to create the image file on a regular basis - or at a minimum before any major change - and after assuming the change is deemed acceptable

One note on the system restore - this is switchable for each drive/partition individually

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84349-there-system-change-log-windows.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I basically want to swap the C: Drive for F:

Windows is installed on both right now, but I want to make F the main system/boot and active drive going forward

A:How to change System and Active HDD

Did you install Windows to the F: drive with the now C: drive installed?

Go into the BIOS and change the boot order to have the F: drive boot first.

It will then become C:

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/369873-how-change-system-active-hdd.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I bought my computer in China and it came with a Chinese version of Windows XP on the C drive. I am not Chinese so I installed a seperate version of Windows XP on the D drive, which became my boot drive. I never use the C drive version of XP and its really just a waste of space for me. However the computer says I can't just format the drive because it is the system drive. Is there any way I can make D my system drive and free up the space on C?

A:Change System Drive?

In general, you can delete the files in the folders on the C: drive - but not the files in the root (in C:\). In the event that you remove too much, a repair install should fix it as long as you point it to the installation on the D: drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113624/change-system-drive/
Relevancy 38.27%

I've searched a lot on this topic but I have failed to find anything that works. In particular, the suggestion to use option 2 or 3 (registry edit) of a similar tutorial in the win7 forums, does not work for me.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Particularly on win 8.1.1?

PK

A:How to Change win 8.1.1 System Font

Open your theme in Resource Hacker or use Restorator 2007.

Navigate to the String resource and expand.

Drag/drop (or export) Neutral on your Desktop.

Open Neutral.rc in a text editor for example Notepad++.

Replace all instances of Segoe UI with your font.

Save Neutral.rc

Drag/Drop (or import) the new Neutral.rc from Explorer back into your Resource Hacker or Restorator with Assign
Save your theme.
Then apply

if you use a modded theme you can use Vista Style Builder

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/47180-how-change-win-8-1-1-system-font.html
Relevancy 38.27%

ok basicly my boot drive and system drive are different. i dont have enough space on C: and also i cant format it *its the system drive. i want my 40g hd to be the system AND boot drive and i want it to become drive C: so that if something is being extracted/installed and i cant change where its going then it will be on a drive that has enough space for it. so i was wondering if there is a way to change the system drive and drive letter *it wont let me change the drive letter for the system OR boot drives* so i can fix this anoying problem. heh i cant even update windows or install Java ... thanks a lot for any help given

Relevancy 38.27%
A:Can i change my operating system on my Z3-115 all ...

Hi Spot6, Yes you can, but check if you don?t lose the warranty for the O.S. and always create an USB recovery of the original O.S. just in case something goes wrong you can go back.    Consider also that on Acer web theirs no drivers for W7.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Can-i-change-my-operating-system-on-my-Z3-115-all-in-one-from/td-p/423244/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 38.27%

I would like to have a name in System Maufacture and System Model. See attached snip.

I have yet to find this key in the system registry.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Gayle

A:How to change system manufacturer's name

Hello Gayle,

This may be what you are after.

System Support Information

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/204881-how-change-system-manufacturers-name.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer had one HDD and vista Today I installed a new faster hard drive a Seagate Momentus which is a sort of hybrid SSD-HDD and then I installed windows on the new drive In Control Panel - gt Computer Management - gt Disk management the new drive shows up as quot Disk quot C NTFS Healthy boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition and the old hdd shows up as quot Disk quot gb recovery partition plus a gb partition D Ntfs Healthy System Active Primary Partition Question I would like to keep not How old change be partition system vista "system" to the to most of the files on the old drive now D but would like to remove vista from it Is it possible to change the How to change the old vista system partition to be not "system" D drive partition so that it is not a quot System quot Partition then delete the Vista files from it Or must I first copy my data off of it and then repartition it Question If I must wipe the old partition should I also wipe the quot Recovery Partition quot as well Is there any advantage to keeping that Question Should I create a quot recovery partition quot for windows I apologize for my lack of technical knowledge but I don't know what a recovery partition is or how it would be used Thank you

A:How to change the old vista system partition to be not "system"

Would you post a screen snip of your Disk Management for us?

Start Computer Management Disk Management

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/135797-how-change-old-vista-system-partition-not-system.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Help help My fiance is going into graphic design and as such needs all the adobe mess The requirements for it change Computer restarts after system are Gb of RAM and the disk is a DVD So today I bought some more RAM PC DDR Meg and removed the DVD-RW from my own PC so that we could install the software I pulled her tower out and added the RAM and the drive She now has Gb RAM from a Meg stick and Meg sticks Once Computer restarts after system change I got everything plugged in I turned the system on and everything started normally The system auto-detected the drive change and I checked properties on My Computer and it recognized the RAM change Just to make sure I made to go into Device Manager and when I clicked on it the monitor went black and the computer restarted dismay When the computer came back up it said that the computer had quot recovered from a serious error quot I checked the details of it and this was the error signature BCCode e BCP C BCP BF F BCP F DFE BCP OSVer SP Product This time I decided I'd just check to see if it would recognize the installer DVD and it did So I set it to installing and after about seconds of installation it went black and restarted again This time the error signature read BCCode f BCP BCP BCP BCP rest is the same as above At this point I got up and got onto my own computer just to post this and see if anyone has any idea what I did incorrectly -SB

A:Computer restarts after system change

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

There obviously a couple possibilties here. The DVD rom jumper settings and configuration, or a memory compatilbity issue.

Right click on My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Startup/Recovery, and
take the checkmark off of "Automatically Restart". When the machine crashes
next time, instead of rebooting you'll get a BSOD with a stop code that'll look something like 0x0000000 (0x0000000,0x0000000,0x0000000,0x0000000) post that code back along with the file that is referenced if any.

Double check your jumper settings for the dvd and cd rom if you hace to drives. They need to be to Master and Slave with the Master on the end of the ribbon cable and the slave in the middle.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-restarts-after-system-change-177078.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I have bought my first webcam the other day for broadcasting music on blogtv.com

I have put my headphone over the built in microphone of the webcam, but the sound quality sounds poor.
Because the mic is rather sensitive (even after setting it to low), the environmental noise is disturbing non stop as well.

Now I thought it must be possible to input the system sound (from Windows Media Player) instead, so I have disabled the mic in the sound properties, but how do I get the system sound to the webcam ?

Thanks

Mainboard: Zotac GF 9300 ITX
Wecam: Microsoft LifeCam Cinema

A:How do I change the webcam sound from mic to system ?

Not sure whether that will work. I am currently not on my laptop, so I cannot try it out. But right click on the speaker icon next to the clock > recording devices > set the "Stereo Mix" ( or whethever it is called on your system) to Default (right click on it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78743-how-do-i-change-webcam-sound-mic-system.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi... please help if you can. This sounds simple, but I am at a loss.

When I click on System Information from Start > Programs > Accessories >

System Tools > System Information, the Locale is mentioned as United

Kingdom.

I was in the UK before I moved over to the US some mopnths ago.

I have changed the Date/Time Properties, and the Time Zone information on

the system clock (bottom right hand corner of screen).

HOW DO I CHANCE THE LOCALE TO LOS ANGELES FROM UNITED KINGDOM?
Please suggest something. Thanks.
Rasu.

A:How do I change the LOCALE in my System Information?

Try the registry entry for HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\International. The Locale entry for me, US, is 0000409. If your entry is 0000809 (guessing based on language English-UK), then that may be it. Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-change-the-locale-in-my-system-information.75557/
Relevancy 37.84%

Could someone please help me with a Windows Defender pop up. It says:-

A system change was made by a known application.
Change type: Application execution
Application C:\windows\System32\mswsock.dll

I have tried Start/cmd/run as administrator/typed netsh winsock reset/exit. (It was successful)
Then Start/cmd/run as administrator/typed netsh int ip reset/exit
(It said C:windows\system32 netsh int ip reset. Resetting Echo Request failed. Access denied.
Resetting interface OK .

Is there anything I can do about "Resetting Echo Request failed. Access denied?"

I know I can stop it by unchecking the box in Windows Defender "Changes made to your computer by software that is permitted to run."
But then I will not be aware of any other changes that are made.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A:A system change was made by a known application

This could have come from your Anti-Virus program, or Spybot s&d (if you're using that app) ... If you're still connected to the Internet, then don't try to 'fix' anything within the Winsock.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/282274-system-change-made-known-application.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I changed the language settings to the correct value (UK English with UK Extended Keyboard), this worked until the PC was switched off.
Today when it was switched on it's back to Welsh.
Please does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-change-system-language-from-welsh-342324.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I just know this can't be a good message and I keep getting it I have deleted some files with Spybot Search and Destroy but I keep getting warnings about TrojanWin Monder aanw and I delete it with my anti-virus only to have it come back My computer seems to be slow and keeps hanging up I also keep getting new windows opening in IE and in Firefox DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Compaq Owner at on Tue Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA SHAWSE System detected change start-up backweb Program SERVIC EXE C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fsgk st exe C Program Files Shaw Secure backweb program fsbwsys exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus FSGK EXE C Program Files Shaw Secure System start-up change detected Common FSMA EXE C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fssm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSMB EXE System start-up change detected C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program System start-up change detected Files Shaw Secure backweb Program fspex exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FCH EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FAMEH EXE C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fsqh exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Shaw Secure FSPC fspc exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fsrw exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSM EXE C Program Files Shaw Secure FSGUI ispnews exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSGTAG MSGTAG exe C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fsav exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Shaw Secure FWES Program fsdfwd exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA SHAWSE ANTI-S fsaw exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Shaw Secure FSGUI fsguidll exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ca uSearch Page uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop uDefault Search URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop mDefault Search URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop mSearch Page mStart Page hxxp www msn com mSearch Bar hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore BHO E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO - F - D - - D F - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO f bd-b - ef-b b- b a fb a f - c windows system sezogibe dll BHO AE A AA-A - B -B -C E E FE - c program files hp smart web printing SmartWebPrinting dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSGTAG quot c program files msgtag MSGTAG exe quot startup uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRunOnce SpybotDeletingB command c del quot c windows sy... Read more

A:System start-up change detected

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

We will begin with ComboFix. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/system-start-up-change-detected-319584.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Ran smitfraud Ran ad-aware Any help would be fantastic especially since the pop-ups are naked and I use this computer for presentations My presentations are now very interesting Here are the HJT log and the combofix log HJTLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files MMediaCodec isamonitor exeC Program Files MMediaCodec pmsngr exeC Program Files MMediaCodec isamini exeC Program Files Pop Ups/homepage Alerts Change/system MMediaCodec pmmon exeC WINDOWS System THotkey exeC WINDOWS system TPWRTRAY EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm Pop Ups/homepage Change/system Alerts exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Documents and Settings Toshiba Desktop Desktop Storage HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - d a-e d - - c -aae e - C Program Files MMediaCodec isaddon dllO - Toolbar Protection Bar - fd cf- be - c - cda-b d c bd - C Program Files MMediaCodec Pop Ups/homepage Change/system Alerts iesplugin dllO - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exeO - HKLM Run Tpwrtray TPWRTRAY EXEO - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe Type O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeO - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup hp psc series lnk O - Global Startup hpoddt exe lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button PartyGammon com - A EE- B - cd- CCA-FC EDF A - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyGammon RunBackGammon exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyGammon com - A EE- B - cd- CCA-FC EDF A - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyGammon RunBackGammon exeO - Extra button PartyCasino com - B B -A - c - F C-F A C FCC D - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyCasino RunCasino exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyCasino com - B B -A - c - F C-F A C FCC D - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyCasino RunCasino exeO - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exeO - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra but... Read more

A:Pop Ups/homepage Change/system Alerts

Hello and welcome Lets get you cleaned up.I'm not sure if you have already run SmitFraudFix. If so, please delete your current one (if you still have it), because I can't know if its the latest version.It should detect the variant you have, and it should also clean it up no problem.. So lets see.Please download SmitfraudFix © S!Ri Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmdSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68277/pop-upshomepage-changesystem-alerts/
Relevancy 37.84%

[Display]
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (2675 MHz)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce 9600 GT
Driver version: 196.21
CUDA Cores: 64
Memory interface: 256-bit
Total available graphics memory: 2303 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1279 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.94.82.00.05
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

I have 4gig of memory but since I switch to Win7 32bit I can only use 3gig of it.. now the issue is the shared system memory of 1,279mb.. since my memory is reduced to 3gig i'm having problem with my system memory, my system is slower than usual specially when I use photoshop cs3.

Appreciate any help..

Love this forum it helped me alot.

A:How to change the shared system memory in W7

Quote: Originally Posted by romel

[Display]
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (2675 MHz)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce 9600 GT
Driver version: 196.21
CUDA Cores: 64
Memory interface: 256-bit
Total available graphics memory: 2303 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1279 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.94.82.00.05
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

I have 4gig of memory but since I switch to Win7 32bit I can only use 3gig of it.. now the issue is the shared system memory of 1,279mb.. since my memory is reduced to 3gig i'm having problem with my system memory, my system is slower than usual specially when I use photoshop cs3.

Appreciate any help..

Love this forum it helped me alot.

32 BIT WIN 7 CANNOT USE 4 GIGS OF RAM. PERIOD. The max (without special hardware) is usually around 3.25 gigs. the rest is probably used by shared video memory.

If your system is slower than normal it is from something else. I do wonder with a quad core why you are running 32 bit

KEN

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/87085-how-change-shared-system-memory-w7.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently purchased a dell dimension desktop off of a neighbor because they went with a laptop. I upgraded the win xp to xp pro. when I look in system properties the PC is registered to the previous owner. Not the XP software, just the PC.

How do I change the registered name on the PC so it no longer shows the previous owners name?

Thanks

A:Change The Registered Name In System Properties?

Well, you can change your name in the registry but mucking around in there is not something I think anyone highly recommends unless you know what you are doing. So doing so is at your own risk and I would make a registry backup before making any changes in there.Go to Start menu and select Run and type regeditFind and go to below key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version Change your name in following subkey :Registered Owner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104904/change-the-registered-name-in-system-properties/
Relevancy 37.84%

I know it is very possible to create and use design wish my to I operating the system. of change your own skins on an operating system WindowBlinds makes it possible although I dont know if you actually design it yourself However WindowBlinds refuses to install no matter what I do Which brings me to my questions Example given in picture http tinypic com view php pic ev vdd amp s IN ANY WAY AT ALL how can I design a new skin I wish to change the design of my operating system. for my operating system Im talking changing window designs Pop up menu designs scroll bar designs you name it and if and when I make said skin design how could I patch it to my system to make it so it uses my skin instead of original windows I know it is possible but I need you guys to tell me how The easiest way possible is okay however if you feel that a more complex approach is needed Don t hesitate I m prepared for a long day of work to get I wish to change the design of my operating system. my own skins designed and working Please and thank you - JayMoney aka Jayson p s If this is not in the right thread I would gladly move I am also willing to be patient this time

A:I wish to change the design of my operating system.

is bumping allowed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328937/i-wish-to-change-the-design-of-my-operating-system/
Relevancy 37.84%

I've been looking into building my own phase change cooling system, and I have a few questions to anyone who may have answers. I've read up on what is needed to be done for the most part but I still have some concerns on the lenghts of the pipes. Does it make a difference on how long the pipe going to the condesor from the compressor is? And how long should the capillary tube be? I was also hoping for some ideas on how to make an evaporator. I would apreciate any input.
Thanks,

Joe

A:Help building phase change system

This might help:

http://www.systemcooling.com/vapochill_ls-01.html

Or

http://gomeler.com/2006/04/16/vapor-phase-change-cooling/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-building-phase-change-system.85669/
Relevancy 37.84%

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the system drive letter?

I reinstalled WinXP on a system with Win98 already on it. WinXP was assigned the drive letter H, the letters between C and H being used for for various IDE devices.

Of course Device Manager/Drive Management does not allow one to change the system drive.

Thanks,

Robert.

Relevancy 37.84%

Windows 7 Ultimate - Change Operating System Language

Hi, I bought a pc in Spain 3 years ago and it came with a Spanish W7 Ultimate operating system installed.

I managed to change the language to English although some things remained in Spanish such as Administrador instead of Administrator - no big deal.

The store also gave me the OEM CD (or a copy, I imagine) that they had installed on the PC

So today I decided to do a repair install, not because anything was obviously wrong but I thought 3 years was a long time.

I get as far as choosing update but then get a message telling me that the pc is using a different language to the disk.

I changed the display language but that didn't help.

Any help and/or suggestions would be much appreciated!

A:W 7 Ult Change Operating System Language

How are you installing win 7 you can find the steps for it here Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive
and the language info is here.
Install or change a display language

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/w-7-ult-change-operating-system-language-898562.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Help! After we changed operating systems the speakers don't work. They make crackle and pop sounds when the computer is started up and we wiggle the plug ins, so we know that the problen isn't with the speakers. We have a Packard Bell Multimedia R450, Pentium 200, and there is not a seperate sound card, just the one that came with the system...just on board sound. The sound settings are set to the default settings....I just don't know how to fix it!

A:No sound after change of operating system

Welcome, castlethompson

Why don't you start by telling us EXACTLY what all you did and how.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-after-change-of-operating-system.45887/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have often encountered the advice to use strong passwords. I want to change the system password on my PC but I don't know the procedure for changing it. My PC is a Gateway E2500 and the operating system is Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

I've checked the manual, where the phrase "system password" does not appear. It doesn't appear in Microsoft Help or its Glossary, either.

I know what my present password is, so this isn't a forgotten password problem. I am not talking about a user password for a user account, but the system password for the whole operating system.

A:How do you change the system password in Windows XP?

the user (admin) account is the full operating system unless you are talking about the bio password. That is the one where when you turn on the computer it immediately asks for the password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-you-change-the-system-password-in-windows-xp-561127.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I HAve broadband connection can someone tell me how to change IP Address, just got this new computer with Vista on it and can't figure out how to change IP. Had xp on my old system and change IP all the time but it doesn't like that on Vista can someone please help

I change IP on Xp system
run> cmd
ipconfig/release
the network properties
local area connections properties
then internet protocol version4
use to following IP 121 121 121 121
then close
close then go back there
obtain an IP automat close
close
and it would change

Relevancy 37.84%

is that possible to change windows system shortcut key the shortcut is somethings like this can i change to another shortcut like open a program or open another file folder that i like Windows Key will open the Start menu Windows Key Break i system Change can shortkut key? windows will display the System Properties dialogue box Windows Key D will minimize the windows to show the Desktop Windows Key E will open Internet Explorer Windows Key F will open the Search option for files and folders Windows Key F CTRL will open Search option for computer Windows Key F will display Help Assistance option Windows Key L will lock your Desktop Windows Key M will minimize or restore all windows Windows Key R will open the RUN option Windows can i Change windows system shortkut key? Key TAB will switch between open items Windows Key U will open Utility Manager ALT can i Change windows system shortkut key? Hyphen will display the Multiple Document Interface child window TM s System menu ALT ENTER will view the properties for the selected object ALT ESC will cycle through the items in the order that they were opened ALT F will close all the window that is open ALT SPACEBAR will display the System menu ALT TAB switch from one open program to another on your taskbar F used to request help assistance SHIFT If you press and hold down the SHIFT key while inserting a CD-ROM it will skip the automatic-run feature SHIFT DELETE will delete the file permanently CTRL ESC will open the Start Menu

A:can i Change windows system shortkut key?

windows key + a number 1-9 starts up the program associated with the number on the dock. ex.... my first program is google chrome, to get it up and save my finger a click : ) lol... i can hit window key +1, so you can arrange programs you want to start like that....

on another note... i have a keyboard (logitech g110) this is good for things you want to do, it comes with "g-keys" keys that are ready to be macro'd it also came with good software, so i can set those keys to do anything i want, or open any program on the computer, or window etc... i can write scripts and also key combinations. This software came with the keyboard, but there is software out there to write macro's just like i do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143071-can-i-change-windows-system-shortkut-key.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all,

I want to change the default system font for my Windows 7 to Calibri? How do I go about doing that?

A:How do I change System Font in Windows 7?

Hello Joy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could use step 2 in OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to change the default font to "Calibri".

Fonts - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/186178-how-do-i-change-system-font-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys,
my friend gave me a computer which he said it didnt work anymore so i took it and messed with it for a while until it worked,and installed the os that he gave me.it was windows 2000 professional...but in french .so is ther ANY way for me to change the whole computer language?????

c ya,
Jamesp.s. on the title i meant 2000

A:How can i change my windows 200 system language?

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/win2k/setup/changeUI.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-change-my-windows-200-system-language.835912/
Relevancy 37.84%

Been getting a lot of brownouts lately where my computer just quickly restarts after the power goes out for a second Thankfully the only problem I've gotten is a quot Bugcode USB Driver quot which I have always fixed by shutting down and removing the off system on just Brownouts? to Anyway turn change to power cable for a minute Is there a way to have my computer just turn off during a brownout And if so would this be better than it instantly restarting Specs PSU http s postimg org y m c r Anyway to change system to just turn off on Brownouts? Ac ZA GT jpg Processor GHz A-Series A - RAM GB DDR Memory Speed MHz Hard Drive GB Number of USB Ports Number of USB Ports Brand Name Asus Item model number M BB-US O Hardware Platform PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Item Weight pounds Item Dimensions L x W x H x x inches Color Black Processor Brand AMD Processor Count Computer Memory Type DDR SDRAM Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA Hard Drive Rotational Speed RPM Optical Drive Type DVD Super Multi Audio-out Ports

A:Anyway to change system to just turn off on Brownouts?

Not really but it should turn off when the voltage gets too low. To protect the computer it usually is best to invest in a UPS/Uninterruptible Power Supply. It's an always on battery backup useful for an orderly shutdown and is not affected by the short brownouts, power bumps or outages. It provides a limited time depending upon the size you get. A couple of brands I use are TrippLite and APC and I get the highest capacity I can afford at the time.

As for restarting, the BIOS usually has a setting for staying off after a power failure, set by default but can be changed which mostly is useful when doing remote accessing of the computer and not there to start it back up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358405-anyway-change-system-just-turn-off-brownouts.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, I would like to change the System Tray icons of Volume, Network and Power with ResourceHacker, could anyone help me where can I find the files containing them?
I would also be happy for any other information about the size of the icons needed or anything else useful.

A:How do i change System Tray icons?

First thing I'd suggest is download and install Download IconViewer that way you can look at the icons from the property window there will be an icon tab.

SndVolSSO.dll For volume

pnidui.dll For network

batmeter.dll For the power on a laptop. These are bitmaps.

For a 32-bit system they will be in C:\Windows\System32

For a 64-bit system they will be in both C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64

To properly change a system file you need to take ownership give yourself permission and rename the old file and then copy in the new one look at Post #6 of this thread will tell you how to do it Basic Networking Information

Here is a few tutorials you should look at.
Notification Area Icons - Customize

Notification Area Icons - Reset

Icon Cache - Rebuild

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/276056-how-do-i-change-system-tray-icons.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I know there are quite a few threads with similar problems as what I am having but as of yet I cant find a solution from them My problem is I put together a new computer starting with a new Drop performance in change system since shuttle barebone Shuttle SN G V Shuttle FN NVIDIA nForce Ultra AMD Athlon Venice x Crucial MB MHz PC DDR RAM Maxtor gb IDE hard disk PNY nvidia GT mb I am having really sluggish responses in some D games like Homeworld and the Sims which played fine and fast on a very old Pentium Drop in performance since system change Ghz system I thought it might be a problem with the processor as the Drop in performance since system change graphics card has been tested on another system and works really really well Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong I was expecting a boost in speed I am in the middle of d l new drivers for the processor but anything else would be of great help thanks nbsp

A:Drop in performance since system change

Those specs sounds like its quite a fairly good Computer.. the grafics card is suppose to be ok.. ive heard some positive things about it. and athlon is suppose to be really good with games.. (i dont agree though) if youre computer can run well enough.. i cant see what should be a possible bottleneck to youre system.. try updateing all the drivers and then run a few games.. get a basic fps in em and then post it.. if theres still a problem.. im sure some of the more hardcore hardware people here have better solutions..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drop-in-performance-since-system-change.43879/
Relevancy 37.84%

I can't seem to find a darned way to post a question regarding the HP StoreOnce Virtual Storage Appliance.  I want to change the name (SystemID) of a StoreOnce VSA that has already been deployed.  The web interface has NO way of changing any value. The command line interface (through ssh) doesn't seem to have any way to change the SystemID value in any way.  I want to change this value so that when I have it join the Active Directory domain it is a meaningful name, and NOT the serial number of the VSA.I KNOW that I am asking in the wrong place, but I don't know what the proper place is to ask this question. Unless you have either of the below keep your comments to yourself:1) a real suggestion on where to post this2) an answer to my question

A:How to change the SystemID (system name) of the HP StoreOnce...

Bill, welcome to the forum. I believe you will receive the help that you need if you start a thread here. Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-change-the-SystemID-system-name-of-the-HP-StoreOnce/td-p/4795065
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a system partition G: on disk 2 that I want to use as a simple backup partition.
At the the moment if I try to Image my Boot partition C: it is linked to G: and G: will also be imaged along with C:.
Previously G: had a Dual boot of Windows 8 preview which was formatted out of existance, G: now contains various VirtualBox VDIs.
How do I change G: from system partition without loosing the data? I have used Diskpart, I need to know the best way to go about this task without loosing data or messing up the Boot information.

toolman59

A:How to change system partition to logical?

G has the bootmanger and bootmenu. You want to transfer that stuff (maybe 100MB) to C?
You can move it (actually copy) using Bootmgr - Move to C:\ with EasyBCD this will copy bootmanager, bootmenu and bootsector to C.
After that mark G "inactive" (maybe done automatically) Partition - Mark as Inactive and reboot.

Works great?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314287-how-change-system-partition-logical.html
Relevancy 37.84%
Relevancy 37.84%

Can anyone verify the information that I just received from Microsoft about System Restore?

According to the tech I spoke to, Windows 7 will only create an automatic restore point if no other restore point has been created within the past seven days, regardless of how the restore point was created. If a program installation, program uninstall, manual restore point, etc. has been created, a full seven days must elapse before an automatic restore point is created.

Windows Vista created a restore point every 24 hours, no matter what else had created a restore point.

Is this the new behavior of Systerm Restore?

If this is how it works now, I think that it might be wise to create a manual restore point after installation of a large or important program or update.

A:Change to System Restore in Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by smalcom

Can anyone verify the information that I just received from Microsoft about System Restore?

According to the tech I spoke to, Windows 7 will only create an automatic restore point if no other restore point has been created within the past seven days, regardless of how the restore point was created. If a program installation, program uninstall, manual restore point, etc. has been created, a full seven days must elapse before an automatic restore point is created.

Windows Vista created a restore point every 24 hours, no matter what else had created a restore point.

Is this the new behavior of Systerm Restore?

If this is how it works now, I think that it might be wise to create a manual restore point after installation of a large or important program or update.

The Microsoft tech was probably correct. I say "probably" because I use MSE and it creates a daily restore point before is begins its scan.

Using MSE and setting it to create the restore point (Settings -> Advanced) will kill two birds with one stone, as it were.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/72178-change-system-restore-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello everybody, I have a little problem with my system tray time&date.
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and my current clock looks this way

but I would like to make it look like this

any idea?

A:System tray TIME change

Try one of these tutorials or one of the related ones near the bottom,

Time Format - Change

Date Format - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/80410-system-tray-time-change.html
Relevancy 37.84%

So i installed windows 8 transformation pack, and then window update to service pack 1 now my volumn network action center etc cannot be accessed. Sorry for crappy grammar, typing this from an ipad as i am currently restoring back.

Uh, i tried the solution of group policy editing and got a error message with three choice about mmc.
i tried sfc scan and it get disrupted at 14 percent and said that the scan cannot be completed.
I tried deleting hideScanetwork and rebooted but it doesnt work.
I tried editing the dword 00000000 for hidesca but it doesnt work. any advice?

A:Cannot change System icons setting

Hello leentrung,

If you mean that these system icons are grayed out, then you might see if using OPTION TWO in the tutorial below for each one may help.

System Icons - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278035-cannot-change-system-icons-setting.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I just re-installed Windows and when I go into the Disk Management I notice that my secondary HDD which is split in 3 partitions has the first partition marked as "System, Active, Primary Partition" while the other 2 partitions only say "Primary Partition".

How do I change the first partition so that it too only says "Primary Partition"? At first there was no Drive Letter assigned to the first partition and I suspect that has to do with its settings being different than the other two..

Can someone please assist?

A:How do i change my second drive from being System and Active?

Hello orlando,

For now, please go ahead and post a screenshot showing all of your Disk Management to help see what the issue may be.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331813-how-do-i-change-my-second-drive-being-system-active.html
Relevancy 37.84%

i keep receiving this notification from windows defender:

a system change has been made by a known application

change type: application execution

application: c:\windows\system\mswsock.dll

i've really no idea what this means except what the dll. file is--could someone please explain what this is and why...
any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you so much--
allyson

A:a system change has been made by a known application...

hi and welcome first i would advise running your antivirus and malware progs i also found this for info http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...sock.dll&meta=

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/a-system-change-has-been-made-by-a-known-application-350343.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I got virus few week ago and after that my appearnce keep changing to XP classic type like 30 min or 1 hour of playing computer, not only that also volume is not working. it said no sound system is detected or so. I don't know how to deal with this...so can anyone help me?

A:System Automatic change error

Welcome to TSG please do not duplicate posts here

I will close this thread and have moved your other thread to the virus and malware forum , so continue on that thread only
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/969812-internet-redirecting.html

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-automatic-change-error.969813/
Relevancy 37.84%

I will try to make it simple. I installed windows 7 from an external hdd by making a partion active.

install went through fine. but the problem is. the external hdd that i installed from became the system partion under disk management, and now i cant boot to os without having my external hdd connected.

How can i move the system files. bcd files onto my os hdd.

I had the same problem earlier but forgot the fix. It was some commands from bcdedit or bcdsomething.

A:need to change my system volume to another disk

Boot Win7 DVD Repair console or Repair CD, open a Command Line to mark Win7 partition Active using DISKPART Commands given here: Partition - Mark as Active

Next using the same steps as above, mark the external HD Inactive.

Now power down, unplug external HD, set Win7 as first HD to boot in BIOS setup if not already, then boot back into DVD/repair CD, accept any offered repair. When this fails to start Win7, boot back in again to run Startup Repair up to 3 separate times with reboots until Win7 starts. Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times - Windows 7 Forums.URL

System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/111106-need-change-my-system-volume-another-disk.html
Relevancy 37.84%

How can I customize the orb in the System Properties?

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/295...rties310x3.png

That is the orb I am talking about.

A:How to change Windows orb in System Properties?

You can probably change it, but it may take a lot of work and hacking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/31057-how-change-windows-orb-system-properties.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I've been having numerous issues with my installation since 3 weeks ago when everything came crashing down. Tired of trying to fix everything, i decided to do a clean format. But i've got a question though.

I have 2 HDD. Main drive (OS) have 3 partitions and my storage drive.
Before this, my main drive consist of XP, Windows 7 and the other is just a small storage.

I just formatted my PC and decided to get rid of XP and use the space for my Windows 7 backup (as posted here.) Now in Disk Management, i see that the partition (previous XP) shows as 'system' (see attachment).

Could i still backup my Windows 7 on that partition? If not, how could i go about this?

A:Could i change 'System drive' to another partition?

Hello Dj SharK.

Be advised: if you haven't formatted the XP partition yet don't do it or the Windows 7 partition won't boot at all on its own.

I'm aware of a method to assist you but will you answer a few questions first?

1) Is XP still booting/starting-up or have you done the format already?

If you have formatted XP already you may not be able to boot to the Windows 7 partition so don't shut down the PC yet.

2) Is there unused space on the "Disk 1, partition E:" that could be used?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/117022-could-i-change-system-drive-another-partition.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My dad's computer built years a change better Does board XP? handle than system 7 ago by me had a capacitor failure last night We're going to do a MB CPU memory upgrade since I don't like any of the current AM boards out there to go with his AM CPU The big question XP Does 7 handle a system board change better than XP? didn't like being moved to a different MB the HAL didn't like it Will Win handle this move better than XP We're hoping to just move his HDD over to the Does 7 handle a system board change better than XP? new PC and let it do its thing to rebuild the device registry The old PC specs are as follow Asus M N-SLI Does 7 handle a system board change better than XP? Deluxe AMD Athlon X GB DDR GeForce GT Antec W True Power We're looking at Gigabyte GA- T-USB Phenom II BE GB DDR reusing the case PSU if possible video card opticals and HDD's Any insight is appreciated we're hopeful that is more robust resilient in this situation than XP was and we can just pop the drive on the new machine and keep on truckin'

A:Does 7 handle a system board change better than XP?

You are practically building a new system. Windows will most likely not activate but maybe you can talk MS into it. Else it should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132653-does-7-handle-system-board-change-better-than-xp.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have it activated. I would like to replace the system drive with a new SSD drive and use that in the same computer. I would use an imaging program to backup, replace the drive, and recover to the system to the new SSD.

Will that affect my activation status?

Many thanks,

A:Change System Drive on Win 8 Pro Upgrade?

Maybe but probably not. Even if it does, it shouldn't be a problem activating it again. You are allowed some hardware changes. Swapping out the hard drive shouldn't be a big deal as far as activation goes.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/11147-change-system-drive-win-8-pro-upgrade.html
Relevancy 37.84%

hello all!
i encountered a problem after installing a new hard drive
i have 3 HDs (including the one i just installed) C: wich is where windows is installed and E: and F: for data
after installing the new HD ( F: )and formatting it, my system stopped booting, it just hangs, so i changed the boot order and it boots fine, but not through C: but through E:
i also found new BOOT folder in E:, wich wasnt there before
i believe that the HD the system boots from should be the one Windows is installed on ( C: ) so if im not mistaken (very likely i am) i should have C: marked as BOOT and SYSTEM in the Disk Management window
i searched a bit but cannot find a way to fix this, help would be greatly apreciated!

this is a screenshot of my Disk Management window

A:change system hard drive

Welcome to the forum, I don't know enough to help but I did notice from your screenshot that you have 2 Active partitions so perhaps that is the problem. Wait until one of the experts comes along to help I just wanted to welcome you and point out my observation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/164513-change-system-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi forum My computer is three years old and when I bought it the components - whole change or system? Hardware was really good but is outdated now My graphics card Nvidia GX Hardware - change components or the whole system? burned out some time ago and I started thinking about buying a new system However I only have about at the most to spent on a new PC or new PC components so yeah Here s my system now Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce what a downgrade huh CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P E LGA RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz running on windows x Anyways could you tell me what I can do for this PC with a bucks cause I m not sure whether just to buy a new video card or a whole new system What components should I change What models would you recommend P S I m not a BIG gamer but it d like to run games like Crysis II GTA IV etc at MEDIUM requirements Thanks a lot Chris nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I have an MSI 890GXM motherboard with the Realtek HD Audio onboard, installed all of the latest drivers ... and I have sound, it works great ... but I can't change the "System Sounds" at all.

For example when I go into "Personalization" from the desktop, and click on "Sounds" to change it, nothing happens. Or if I right-click the speaker in the taskbar and select "Playback Devices" or the like it's as if I am not clicking it. I can't open it at all.

When I first installed everything it worked fine, I turned off all system sounds, but for some reason I am not longer able to do so.

Any thoughts?

Other information includes:

Fresh install of Windows 7 x64
Was working before (this morning)
Installed latest drivers
Sounds work I just can't change them

A:Can't access or change System Sounds?

Nevermind. Got it.

It was the Logitech C500 webcam driver messing things up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/85210-cant-access-change-system-sounds.html