Windows Support Forum

Help! Hdd Data Has "disappeared", How to recover???

Q: Help! Hdd Data Has "disappeared", How to recover???

I took out my GB NTFS SATA HDD out of the PC to put into the new HDD enclosure I have just bought Tried several times connecting the new HDD enclosure with my HDD in it but the drive would not appear Checked with quot Windows Disk Management quot in quot Administrative Tools quot and it said that the drive has quot failed quot So I tried How Has Help! recover??? to Data "disappeared", Hdd quot refreshing quot the drive careful NOT to reformat it Eventually I gave up and just took it out of the enclosure to install back into the PC But after installing it back into the PC it shows that the drive is empty and all my photos and videos are gone It says the disk is quot Not Formatted quot and is asking whether I would like to format it I don't understand how all the data has disappeared when the HDD has not Help! Hdd Data Has "disappeared", How to recover??? been reformatted The HDD name has also changed Help! Hdd Data Has "disappeared", How to recover??? to quot Local Disk quot which is typical of unused or newly installed drives There is nothing wrong with the HDD now It's just all the data has gone missing What options do I have now I know that data recovery can be expensive Ironically I was actually in the process of backing it up knowing how much data has already accumulated over the years hence the purchase of the external enclosure I know GB is a lot to recover but those files are irreplaceable BTW running on XP sp Already used quot Partition Find amp Mount quot and quot Testdisk quot but with negative results Truly a very sad day for me I feel like I've been robbed Any help appreciated Thanks all in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help! Hdd Data Has "disappeared", How to recover???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help! Hdd Data Has "disappeared", How to recover???

Welcome to TSF.

Did you try the TestDisk procedure described here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/1163140-post1.html

Some data recovery programs:

GetDataBack
Recuva
Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-hdd-data-has-disappeared-how-to-recover-264271.html
Relevancy 95.89%

every time i try to open one of this folders a window apears with this content
cant have acces to C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Configuration\{one of these folders} acces denied
this affects my IE i cant download nothing thru IE all my files on that locations i cant set dispaly pictures on WINDOWS LIVE messenger and all thinks that has anything to do with those folders
any suggsestions or idea
hope you can help me
pd ive scanned my computer and its all clean also i cant install windows XP serivce pack 2 im kinda stucked :/

A:cant open "temprorary files" "aplication data" "program data"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-temprorary-files-aplication-data-program-data.555222/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi everyone I have a GB USB flash drive I recently plugged this flash drive into my Ubuntu Linux-based computer while VMware was running because I needed to get a file out of the virtual machine "invalid recover USB -- data table" to drive flash need partition and I thought that would be the easiest way VMware took control of the device and mounted it in the Windows XP environment it was running I copied a file I needed to get out of the virtual machine onto the flash drive then shut down the virtual machine Now I USB flash drive "invalid partition table" -- need to recover data am having a desperate problem -- the flash drive is no longer readable USB flash drive "invalid partition table" -- need to recover data or mountable in any computer Linux tells me that the device has an quot invalid partition table quot Mac OS X tells me that the device is unreadable or not initialized and another Windows XP computer tells me that the disk in the drive is not formatted The Linux error message gives me the most hope -- I have data that I cannot stress how valuable it is to me on that flash drive and I desperately need to be able to recover it Is there any way of bypassing the partition table and getting at the data I hope someone is able to help me Thank you nbsp

A:USB flash drive "invalid partition table" -- need to recover data

You could try PC Inspector, it's made for these kinds of situations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-flash-drive-invalid-partition-table-need-to-recover-data.497261/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hey I had Windows 7 home basic installed on my dell inspiron laptop, and there was only 1 partition (c drive), I think that I deleted something from windows, and now when m switching on the laptop its saying "operating system not found".
Somebody please help me, how can I recover the data on hard drive. Is it possible that data is still present on hdd.
Sorry for my grammer, m not good in english.

A:How to recover data if computer ia showing "no operating system found"

Simply plug the hard drive into another PC, then just copy and paste the data to whatever storage device you have available

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365061-how-recover-data-if-computer-ia-showing-no-operating-system-found.html
Relevancy 95.03%

While running chkdsk on my back-up GB HD Seagate ST AS Seagate Barracuda - Hard drive - GB the computer was inadvertantly powered down On startup post info said SATA backup drive quot not found quot Drive C and operating system worked fine after losing Drive D I am running XP with the primary C drive being two seagate GB drives in stripe array and the backup drive above as D The drive spins up at power on The checkdisk with repair was based on several earlier errors related to D MFT which I was hoping to solve with checkdisk I m thinking the interuption resulted from Data Found" Failure "Drive Recover Not in the loss of the ability of the bios to see the drive I have about GB of backup data on the drive My critical data is backed up in a third location but there is much data on the drive that would be quot Very nice quot to get back As such I am not prepared to pay much for recovery I would like some hints as to how I might recover at least part of data For example can I somehow reformat or partial reformat and then use free file recovery software to salvage whatever i did not overwrite with the format Is it possible to rebuild the MFT if that is the cause of my problem If so how do I get my system to recognize or quot find quot the drive in question and what software would i use Any suggested path forward including software would be appreceiated Paul-D nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Ok so first off let me say I regret ever going to the stupid Geek Squad to fix my computer at all I understand it instantly makes me an object of Recover hard "dead" from drive? data ridicule However I am a jerk and usually can t fix my computer myself So A few months ago my computer was acting all sorts of wonky taking forever to boot up refusing to run simple programs taking forever to connect to the internet wouldn t run even a simple YouTube video etc etc As I desperately needed the computer for school I had an online class about to start I caved and took it to Geek Squad They told me the hard drive was dead and needed to be replaced They also told me it would cost about for data recovery I didn t have any Recover data from "dead" hard drive? this was all done under warranty so I told them to just go ahead and fix it Fast forward a week or two I m at Best Buy picking it up Geek Squad Sign here Oh and here s your discs Me Discs What discs Geek Squad The discs you dropped off when you dropped off the computer Me I didn t drop off any discs Geek Squad Well they were with your computer when we got it Come to find out my two darling sons ages two and four shoved a couple discs into the DVD drive at the same time and without my knowledge Hence my computer did NOT need a new hard drive I m assuming because my kids just clogged it up by trying to force two discs to run at the same time Rather than check this before they ran their diagnostic tests Geek Squad simply chose to say quot failed hard drive quot and replace it Now I m stuck without all my old data I insisted they give me the old hard drive back and they did My question to you all is Is it possible for me to pull the data somehow off this quot dead quot hard drive Or is it possible for me to just put it back in the computer but still keep all the data programs etc I ve been doing a little research and it seems easy enough ha but once I get to that whole quot set it to slave or master quot part I get confused I don t want to screw up the hard drive that the Geek Squad put on here when they replaced it but it would be nice to have all the old data also the old hard drive had a recovery drive D drive for such problems as this so I don t know why they felt it necessary to swap out the entire drive I did make a set of system recovery discs for the old hard drive and I still have them but that didn t include any of my data I m running XP on an HP a n desktop apparently with an ATI hard drive newly installed Any takers nbsp

Relevancy 94.6%

I have an entire column of data that I need in one cell. When combined I need each piece of data to be surrounded by " " and a , between each one.

results = "151","183","2001"

A:Solved: Excel Column of data place in one cell with "data", "data" results

ASAP's "Merge row data" ("Columns and rows" category) will do 99% of the work for you.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

(edit: "entire column" -- do you mean full from top to bottom? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-column-of-data-place-in-one-cell-with-data-data-results.975601/
Relevancy 94.17%

In one office decided to reinstall Windows 7, became ill after working virus.
As expected, copied documents from the desktop to the disk D, format screw and reinstall Windows and a bunch of programm.
Then came the user of this computer and was horrified to find that it has no data in Outlook 2010, and he had already warned that it has a post office.
In general, the file Outlook.pst stayed somewhere on disk C, has already lost.
D drive someone 2 years ago made a backup copy of this file - there is 5GB.
But it is very necessary for the letters of 2012 and 2013.
How can I restore the whole thing? In general, is it possible?

A:"How to recover data, Outlook 2010?"

You might be able to try one of the data recovery programs that are out there. But that is not a guarantee that it will work to recover those letters. This is why you and any computer user essentially should have a backup device of some sort to fully backup your drive(s) at all times; even if you manually make a backup you should still use a backup device. Im not totally familiar with the the data recovery programs that are out there that actually work; so you may have to google search and see what comes up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/354110-how-recover-data-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi, I'm back with another issue

So, my laptop Windows Vista 32x.

My Hard-Drive I guess had an issue. And my data vanished.......... But the HDD is reading as if it is still there. I re-installed windows, Went to windows.old And my Data is not there............... But I have 1GB left on my HDD is there a way to get the data before I format it?

Update 1.

I downloaded the everything program. Entered the names and found the files. When I went the folder, it was empty, I did folder options to show hidden views, I got the data, But the Files are kinda Shaded out in a light color if that makes sense

A:Recover "Missing Data"

Hello Pinakfans,

A faded file or folder indicates that it was either set to be hidden, or is a hidden system file. You may be able to unhide them by unticking the "Hidden" box as in the tutorial below to not have them faded anymore.

File and Folder - Hide or Unhide - Windows 7 Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289356-recover-missing-data.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I know this is a longshot but here goes My wife s notebook had a terrible virus that hijacked the entire machine and "restoring" to way recover Any old data after XP? the network connection It wouldn t allow me to restart the machine in safe mode or Any way to recover old data after "restoring" XP? restart it at all for that matter My only choice after talking to Dell and Microsoft techs was to use Dell s quot System Restore quot disk to reinstall XP and start over Needless to say we lost a lot of important data the most vital of Any way to recover old data after "restoring" XP? which included several MS WORD files filled with notes and contact names for family finances etc Now that the notebook is up and running once again after what I assume was a fresh reinstall is there any off-the-shelf software I can use to inspect the harddisk to determine whether any of Any way to recover old data after "restoring" XP? the old files are still there and recoverable I really would like to get those files back Obviously this is a long shot but any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Any way to recover old data after "restoring" XP?

One of the best, and free at that, is PCI File Recovery.

Restoration is another one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-recover-old-data-after-restoring-xp.392147/
Relevancy 87.72%

My WD Model WD25001032 has "disappeared" from my computer and after trying to hook it up to 4 other computers, it "clucks", but still does not open. I also get a message that the folder is unavailable and the drive does not show up on "Computer."

All my pictures are stored on this peripheral drive. They were backed up, thank goodness, about two months ago, but I'd still like to transfer the remaining pix and/or transfer everything to a new peripheral drive.

I have two questions:
#1. Is the drive useless?
#2. If it is useless, is there any way to retrieve the data on the drive?

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Desna

A:Western Digital My Book "Disappeared" & "Clucks"

Odd noises and hard drives usually do not go well together. My guess is that your HDD is going or gone, but your pictures may still be accessible. It is hard to know exactly what you mean by "clucks", but you may be able to take your drive by a local PC shop and have them check it out for you. If it is a physical failure, data recovery could be very expensive. If it is more of a HDD corruption, then you may be able to have the data recovered for a smaller fee.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/western-digital-my-book-disappeared-clucks.959164/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a chart in an Excel spreadsheet, and it has several "series" in it. Some of the series are charted as "lines", and some are "areas" that fill in the entire background of anything from 0 to the value I have entered.

I have one particular series that is showing up as an "area" but I want it to be drawn as a "line" instead, so it DOESN'T fill in the area below it. I currently have the "background" as "none", but now I have a line from the last value down to "0", and that's what I want to avoid...

Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Excel 2003 - how to change a chart data series from "area" to "line"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-how-to-change-a-chart-data-series-from-area-to-line.688560/
Relevancy 86%

Hello

how can I delete "saved password" and "form data" of microsoft
edge manually ?!

after too much search in google ....

I trid to delete some value of the following registry address
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\

also I tried to delete some files in the following folder
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

and finally I could not find the way ...!!!

please help !

A:delete "saved password" and "form data" from microsoft edge manually

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, go to settings (... dots from top right), click view Advanced settings and "Manage Saved Passwords".
HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/35630-delete-saved-password-form-data-microsoft-edge-manually.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I only get the BSOD when playing games not any specific game but any sometime i can go a whole week of playing games and have no BSOD at all and somedays minutes after a game is running it will BSOD everytime all day long When I try to Run any game like GW Or Inquisition my pc turns into Bluescreen with an error CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR I ve already Updated all my drivers and reinstalled all my games also run chkdsk f and memtest with no problems This is the screen Also this is my dump config note that i have windows not Still it doesn t create any File or Folder and when the BSOD happens the blue screen say that its collecting info but it doesn t get off It s the same with the Inpage & Data "Critical Process Error" Died" "Kernel critical process died it just goes to the "Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error" blue screen saying its collecting info but it also doesn t get off I m completely baffled with what to do as the blue screen view hasn t picked up anything and i cant find the dump files nbsp

A:"Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error"

Hi BTW, welcome to the TSG Forums....

You may find this from the MS Community helpful. If Greek is easier to understand than this article then come back to this Forum and someone will help you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-kernel-data-inpage-error-and/b67ae41a-9228-4462-9c53-d1f5d115f784

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-process-died-kernel-data-inpage-error.1142685/
Relevancy 84.71%

I just got a new Hewlett Packard computer with Windows XP The CD drive is a combo CD reader writer and DVD The main reason I need it is to backup my many documents database programs RootsMagic family history Quicken etc photographs and drawings The pre-installed burning program on the computer is Adaptec s I think Sonic RecordNow which is useless for my needs because of the way it works The HP tech suggested I download DLA to enable me to use quot drag amp drop quot through Windows Explorer but I haven t had much luck with that either What I need is to be able Data "Drag & storage backup to using as..." "Save CD-RW's Drop" or and to use a CD-RW as a giant floppy - to add delete copy edit and move files just as I do on my regular floppies using quot drag amp drop quot through Windows Explorer or quot save as quot What software do Data backup and storage to CD-RW's using "Drag & Drop" or "Save as..." I need for this Please use quot baby-talk quot with me because I don t understand any of the initials terms and technical language I see all over these forums Thanks Dellasha nbsp

A:Data backup and storage to CD-RW's using "Drag & Drop" or "Save as..."

The most versatile program for that is "Nero"
The latest version Nero6 Reloaded is a bit bloated, maybe the NeroMIX will do better for you. Read the specs here: www.nero.com

The part that interests you specifically is InCD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-backup-and-storage-to-cd-rws-using-drag-drop-or-save-as.19692/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi
I leave My PC turn on last night and today i go back and see my 2 drive disappeared.i use "Disk Management" but couldn't see them.then i use "Acronis Disk Director Suite" and see them "Unallocated" and joined together...!if i use "Create Partition" option in acronis , all my data will lost...my question is :
how this problem happened ?
how can i create partition without losing my data ?

My HardDisk : ST3500418AS ATA

A:Partition "E" and "F" disappeared and unallocated

If you do not have your data backed up, I would use a program such as Partition Wizard to try to recover the partitions.

Free Download Magic Partition Manager Software - Partition Wizard Online

I would use the bootable version at the bottom of the above link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219328-partition-e-f-disappeared-unallocated.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I ran the trial version of "Recover My Files v4.2.4" which found 22598 files on my hard drive supposedly deleted.

I want to Recover all of these files so that I can Shred them properly.

When I recover does anyone know how to recover to a directory I chose, as i do not want the files recovering to their original location?

I had a look through the "Options" menu's but could not see anything obvious, like

Recover files to: A) Original location B) Select Directory_________, etc etc.

Appreciated, S.

A:"Recover My Files" then "Shred" ...

If you are only interested in making sure that previously deleted files can not be recovered, there are program available, like this one, that may better suit your needs. Using a recovery program to save the recovered files to a new location may still leave some of the files as-is at their original location.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-my-files-then-shred.887480/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey there Basically I get that message quot AMD Data Change Update New Data to DMI quot then it just hangs there no matter how long I leave it I ve been reading this post as it s the only thing I could find on the net about my problem http forums techguy org hardware -dmi-pool-data-always-changing html Unfortunately some smartypants decided to close the thread or set automatic thread closing so no reply notifications can go directly to the people originally dealing with the problem leaving us with no choice but to have a duplicate thread and a restart on the expertise involved in solving it wtf So here it goes I appreciate any time you put in to helping me here Also it is quite urgent as I m the lead modeller on Cypherium and am falling behind schedule so if you want to play it sooner you l help me get this working faster What s changed since the last successful boot Windows Firewall enabled Powerquest Partition Magic and their Diskkeeper software that to boot Change...Update Data New and Data DMI!" sais "AMD wont Comp comes with it Comp wont boot and sais "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!" PM said Comp wont boot and sais "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!" it has compatibility issues opened it but did nothing with it Diskkeeper wanted to just back up my system to a floppy drive Don t have a floppy drive Closed it About hours later it was still working perfectly I turned off the computer and went to sleep Hardware has not changed at all Other recent history Installed several programs of the Adobe CS Creative Suite Had a major virus outbreak on another computer using AVG this one uses Norton and have copied files between them despite reappearances of the viruses System Specs TB SATA HDD Partitioned to gb C for Windows XP SP x the first OS installation and gb E for data GB IDE HDD for Windows Pro x second OS installation ATI Radeon HD Gigabyte Motherboard GB PC RAM AMD Quad Core x mhz Appropriate drivers installed from provided month old disks but Graphics Card drivers updated from the net Will look for more detailed information if anyone thinks it necessary just say so What I ve tried Testing each RAM chip on it s own quot AMD Data Change Update New Data to DMI Update Success quot but still does nothing more than sit there Booting from boot menu on both disks Same as above Disconnecting both HDDs Original error is still there and of-course the NTLDR error which I fix by reconnecting them in the right order Rebooting times Same error Loading Fail-Safe Defaults in BIOS Same error Loading Optimized Defaults in BIOS Same error Windows install disk inserted booted from boot menu Same error with two more lines under it quot Boot from CD DVD quot then quot - quot then hangs eternally Changed boot order to CD DVD first and rebooted again Same as above so I can t even install an OS Searching Google for solutions Technical Support Seems nobody wrote one yet And screw Gigabyte s technical support Any company will take days to reply and probably just tell me to try something I already tell them I tried followed by a load of advertising right Well thats what ATI did when I wanted to connect a rd screen grr Tips from the thread linked at the top that I don t understand couldn t try can anyone explain how quot You can make sure you are running the latest BIOS version quot - How Well the computer is less than a few months old and is actually from a shop rather than custom built quot I ve seen this issue mentioned in other places and some people have said that it s nothing to worry about quot - So perhaps computers with this error normally boot into their OS then Cus I m worrying quot How about clearing the CMOS with the jumper on the board quot - What the bajeezus Sounds like heart surgery to me quot quot I could RMA the motherboard quot - Wussat That s all I can think of that you need to know any ideas plz Thanks for your time Tony nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-wont-boot-and-sais-amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi.949880/
Relevancy 77.4%

hi! all,

under "wireless network connection" settings, there are "show available networks" & "manage known networks" options that can be clicked. however, when I tried to click on either option, nothing happens. if I tried to click on the wifi icon on lower right hand corner of the task bar, I could not see available wireless network window either.

the only way that I can attach to a new wireless network is at the login page and click on the wifi icon, then the available wireless networks window will show up.

please help!

Thanx!

-speedracer

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69048-show-available-networks-manage-known-networks-disappeared.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi dear friends.

I am facing a terrible problem on my pc.

The "open with" command disappeared completely from my file context menu.

The fact is that I cannot have alternate choices of opening media files or any files, cause the command is not there!

So please, if anyone knows, tell me the default command line to edit on my registry...or otherwise please provide me the appropriate solution.

My OS is Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Any other questions are welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

A:"Open With" command disappeared completely from File Context Menu

Welcome to Vista Forums!

If you double-click a file, what happen?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231516-open-command-disappeared-completely-file-context-menu.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have four external usb drives All seem to have disappeared at the same time I checked one of them on another computer and it's fine There's no error in the device manager except from External drives explorer USB2 window computer the "disappeared" it said that the device on one port had failed I disabled that but left it plugged in because I don't know how to tell which physical port corresponds to the info show by Windows Rebooting doesn't help External USB2 drives "disappeared" from the computer explorer window The usb bus appears ok because it will charge my ipod although if I plug in a thumb drive that's not seen by windows either The only thing new I did before noticing this is I was trying out cleanmgr I from the cmd window as administrator and I ran cleanmgr setup hoping there would be a screen saying what it does There was not and there was no visual response to running it There's lots of advice on the net about External USB2 drives "disappeared" from the computer explorer window usb drives disappearing from windows but I don't want to start trying a whole bunch of things without really understanding what they do I'm hoping this is something simple Any help appreciated Thank you -Ron More info I just found the External USB2 drives "disappeared" from the computer explorer window following message for all four of the quot Generic Volume quot lines in the Storage Volumes section of the device manager quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code quot How would I fix this

A:External USB2 drives "disappeared" from the computer explorer window

Open Device Manager, right click any of the Generic Volumes->Properties->Details tab. Use the pull down menu and look if Class Upper Filters or Class Lower Filters exist. If yes, copy paste the values into next post

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343851-external-usb2-drives-disappeared-computer-explorer-window.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,

My problem is that, the Shared folder and "User's documents" folder in My Computer window, in XP Pro are not visible. I think it s possible that the registry keys are missing.

Any solution/advice?

Thanks....

A:Shared and "user's douments" folder in My Computer window have disappeared...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-and-users-douments-folder-in-my-computer-window-have-disappeared.641668/
Relevancy 76.54%

I recently (2 days ago) had this weird problem.

It's a sort of a "syndrome" with many problems, the most evident one is the disappearance of the "Turn off" button from the start menu; but with it some other problems as follows:

- cant open task manager, i have an error message saying:"task manager has been disabled by ur administrator" although i am an administrator.

- no "run" button in the start menu.

- some sys tray applications stopped being started up with the windows.

And i havent discovered more things,,, yet...

Also, i have recently uninstalled download accelerator plus, and downloaded internet download manager, and i am almost pretty sure this is the problem as it is happened exactly with these programs added and removed.

Please if u have any idea what is going on, enlighten me...

Relevancy 76.54%

"C" drive is showing in my computer but the "D" drive is not showing anymore after reinstalling windows

A:second hard drive icon "D" disappeared after reinstalling windows

Post a screen shot of the complete Disk Management window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/269405-second-hard-drive-icon-d-disappeared-after-reinstalling-windows.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Working on a friends windows xp computer and the "make my pictures smaller" feature has disappeared. Has anyone heard of this or know a fix. TY

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys After my pc has been infected by the quot bagle prague quot hldrrr in "show Option options disappeared controlpanel->folder files" hidden wintems flec srosa i got cleaned by a software called Regrun Option "show hidden files" in controlpanel->folder options disappeared But the malwares have left some problems on my pc The main Option "show hidden files" in controlpanel->folder options disappeared problem is In Control Option "show hidden files" in controlpanel->folder options disappeared Panel Folder option View i can t find the options related to quot show hidden files quot In this forum there is a solution already posted but it didn t solve my problem The member says to go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Folder Hidden and change the value into quot group quot My problem is I do not have this last folder in the registry line quot hidden quot I mean there is HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Folder and in this folder quot folder quot there s no quot hidden quot folder So I can t change the value of quot hidden quot cause there s no quot hidden quot Help me please thanks nbsp

A:Option "show hidden files" in controlpanel->folder options disappeared

Greetings pokemon2005, Welcome To TSG

Show hidden files and folders - option missing or does not work
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/show-hidden-files-and-folders-option-missing-or-does-not-work/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/option-show-hidden-files-in-controlpanel-folder-options-disappeared.712704/
Relevancy 76.11%

"add or remove programs" in Vista home has disappeared from the Cntrol Pannel.
Where can I find it elsewhere?
Thank you

A:Solved: "add or remove programs" in Vista home has disappeared from the Cntrol Pannel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-add-or-remove-programs-in-vista-home-has-disappeared-from-the-cntrol-pannel.1088175/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have almost 2 Gb of music on my computer that I'd hate to lose. And hate to have to rebuy or redownload too.

So what I'm wondering is... can I back up all that music on 3-4 700mb disks as a data disk instead of making a 70 minute music disk?

I have Sonic RecordNow that I use for music burning and data backup. I'm just wondering if it is possible to back up 1/3 of it in a folder as a data disk, and do the same for the other parts.

Possible? Would this work?

It would make much more sense to have 4 disks that although you could not PLAY them in a CD player as the songs would be stored in a folder on it, to just be able to copy them out onto another computer instead of making 20+ audio CD's.

Would my idea work? Help me out guys...

A:Backing up music as a "data" disk instead of a "audio" disk? Possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backing-up-music-as-a-data-disk-instead-of-a-audio-disk-possible.461557/
Relevancy 76.11%

Help! I am trying to open files that I have previously saved into "downloads" and they have all disappeared. I can find the folders where they were saved in "recent" as a shortcut but when I try to open the folder I get the following error - "The item 'name of file' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly". I have tried searching for the files and have had no luck.

A:Downloads have disappeared- folders only showing in "recent"

Hello Sportsmomma,

That error just means that the shortcut listed in "Recent" is no longer available at it's original location you saved it to.

Did you delete them by mistake, or move the Downloads folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284564-downloads-have-disappeared-folders-only-showing-recent.html
Relevancy 76.11%

A few days ago I discovered that the list of installed Windows updates (via link "View update history") disappeared. When selected it merely shows a blank screen with only the column headings.

However, if I select the link "Installed Updates" it does indeed populate with all (329) currently installed updates.

Also, if I run the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.2 it does not complain about hoards of missing updates. Similarly, if I run Belarc Advisor it too lists all the updates installed.

I have a full system backup from a few weeks ago that I likely could use to restore the functionality of the
"View update history" link if I knew the name of the specific file, and where it is kept. I've looked in
C\Windows\SoftwareDistribution but cannot determine if anything is amiss.

Can someone provide information regarding the name of the specific file, and where it is kept.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/388588-view-update-history-list-disappeared.html
Relevancy 76.11%

"add or remove programs" in Vista home has disappeared from the Cntrol Pannel.
Where can I find it elsewhere?
Thank you

A:"Add or remove programs" in Vista Home has disappeared

Are you saying when you click the start button, it don't show there on the menu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/add-or-remove-programs-in-vista-home-has-disappeared.189539/
Relevancy 76.11%

HI,

I've reinstalled my computer with XP SP2 instead of Windows 2000.
Now, I've noticed that the option I used to have, a check box for remebering user name and password is gone.
For example, when I log into MS Messenger, I can no longer have this option, and I need to reenter my user name and password with each login.
Another example, is a web site that I have a username and password for, I get a blank username and password text boxes. The username text box has a drop down list, but it remebers nothing.
How can I get back this feature?

Thanks,

Nivo

A:Solved: Where did "remember username and password" disappeared?

In IE > tools > internet options > content tab > autocomplete > put a check in user names and passwords on forms and Prompt me to save passwords and ok your way out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-where-did-remember-username-and-password-disappeared.370009/
Relevancy 76.11%

emails..........It totally emptied my Drafts folder and lost an important email I sent last night......I use a Mac Mini 10.11.2 ........noticed that the last update on the Mail program looked different.........Where's my stuff?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-apple-mail-program-has-suddenly-disappeared-many-of-my.1165741/
Relevancy 76.11%

When I launch Task Manager, the only screen I have access to is the Processes screen - and I do not have any options to see what applications are running, or anything other than which processes are running, which makes it much more difficult to determine what's going on with my PC. I have run multiple virus scans, with Norton, with Malwarebytes, and with the ESET online scanner (my go to when I know something is wrong and Norton doesn't catch it) and the Microsoft Safety Scanner. (online av scan).

So, what is going on, and how on earth can I fix this? This seems to be the only thing messed up on my PC at the moment, other than the majority of my programs conflicting with Chrome, and I am all tapped out on ideas on how to proceed. Help! Any thoughts on this?

Attached is a screen shot of task manager running on my PC.

A:The "Applications" screen in Task Manager has disappeared!

Hello Joe, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It looks like you have Task Manager in small footprint mode. You can double click on a border area to return it back to normal mode.

Task Manager - Small Footprint Mode

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282902-applications-screen-task-manager-has-disappeared.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi It has been awhile since I have been here I anticipate or at least hope that this visit won't be as chaotic I recently switched back to Windows from Vista a few weeks ago I external Tab" drive on "Security Properties disappeared am running -bit Ultimate on an HP Pavillion laptop that has an AMD X -bit chipset It is running from one of two partitions on the laptop hard drive the other partition is used to boot into Linux Additionally I have external drives Each of these drives has two partitions Properties "Security Tab" disappeared on external drive One of these drives is a TB backup drive that was recently added the two partitions on this drive are for Properties "Security Tab" disappeared on external drive purposes of allocating half for use by Linux and half for use by Windows The other external drive which happens to be the former quot hard drive of the laptop in a case providing USB connection has two partitions both of these were are for use by Windows however one partition has an NTFS filesystem and the other so as to avoid irritations like the one I discuss herein was FAT I did a clean re-install of WIN and Linux about days ago since my MBR was a little complicated and the reinstall was done to reorder the partitions thereby hopefully cutting down on fragmentation drive use Anyway today for no real explainable reason the NTFS partition of the older quot external drive became inaccessible to me Since I have encountered this issue in all post-NT versions of Windows when doing re-installations i e the new installation of Windows does not recognize the external drive's owner SID and I am speculating here therefore makes it inaccessible to the current user however this was always easily remedied by taking ownership of that drive I know when I installed Windows days ago I had access to this drive But I also know I tweak things safely and situations can arise unexpectedly When I try to take ownership of this partition drive the security tab in the properties menu is not present The other drives Win partition int HD Win partition new external HD fat Win partition old external hard drive are all fine the two that are NTFS show the security tab Obviously the FAT partition does not EDIT I thought perhaps restoring a previous version on this drive might be of some use However when I checked under this tab it states quot Previous versions are not available for offline files quot Don't quite know what that means though I do know that soon after install I disabled the Offline Files service Didn't re-enable it because whatever this problem is it seems to be affecting only the one external drive in question I looked under HKCR Drive shellex trying to spot an anomaly but it was a bit difficult especially since I didn't know what GUID was for a particular drive I checked under the Device Manager hoping to get these GUIDs but under Storage Volumes WIN shows generic volumes of which are hidden So before going any further and risking a broken system I thought I would let wisdom prevail and throw this question out to this forum Anybody know how I can restore the securities tab for that drive partition so I can take ownership of it Note I also tried using ICACLS with no luck but I am only in the Administrator group Again I though I would post before jumping forward and invoking the Administrator account Thanks Paul

A:Properties "Security Tab" disappeared on external drive

Just wanted to add something else I noticed just now. In the past (when Windows 7/Vista seems to be working correctly anyway), I could always create a shortcut on the desktop to the command prompt, and then in the compatibility tab, I would check "Run as Administrator". However, I just tried to create such a shortcut, but the compatibility tab is greyed-out. This is perplexing me as well.

This feels all too familiar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/55933-properties-security-tab-disappeared-external-drive.html
Relevancy 76.11%

my desktop has replaced several program icons with generic ones and stated that i could delete the icons since the programs are no longer there. HP solution center, windows live messenger, live photos, and webcam are no longer found. i reinstalled the free microsoft live essentials and tried to run the program and i got an error code of 0x800700c1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icons-have-disappeared-for-various-prog-replaced-by-generic-1s-says-gone.974152/
Relevancy 76.11%

title says it all...:

i've got word 2007, suddenly the option "update page numbers only" has disappeared. if i click "update table" symbol, it does exactly that, no options there... please help!

thanks!

nicky

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/option-update-page-numbers-only-has-disappeared-in-toc.899375/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I have an Asus G Sx and here are my specs Windows Service Pack CPU TYPE Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz CPU SPEED GHz SYSTEM MEMORY GB VIDEO CARD MODEL NVIDIA GeForce GTX M VIDEO CARD MEMORY GB VIDEO CARD DRIVER nvd dum dll DESKTOP RESOLUTION x HARD DISK SIZE GB Now my and recover reset driver from the to failed." timeout display has "Attempt problem is whenever I boot up my computer and it tries to load windows the screen starts getting crazy green lines http imgur com gbVtBqP goes black and eventually a blue screen pops up http imgur com O IMBJg Now it should be known I have just received my computer back from Asus repair where I RMAd it because the motherboard had to be replaced because it was surged and no longer allowing it to charge We also replaced the hard drive disk The time between "Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout has failed." it stopped charging and I sent "Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout has failed." it and got it back repaired was weeks I never had this problem prior to the motherboard busting and have had it since getting it back When it first happened I thought it was because since I had gotten it back I had not updated my drivers all my data had been erased so I updated to the most recent version and for the most part the problem was fixed until all of a sudden it started again The problem first started occurring while playing games the computer would get the green lines above completely freeze and have to be restarted Then it started to get the green lines black out and come back giving a message saying quot the display driver has failed but now recovered quot or something along those lines but that only happened once Then it happened one more time after that I restarted the computer and the problem persists like shown above I am pretty convinced it is a driver problem as my rampant googling has led me to believe I have tried several different drivers http www nvidia com Download Find aspx lang en-us from the current release and some others that I forget was the only driver that actually allowed me to boot up windows completely although the screen did get those green lines went black but instead of crashing it went to windows Although when I got there the resolution won t let me go above and no games would load Hearthstone Starcraft TF The computer works fine in safe mode and when I have no graphic drivers installed and am using the standard VGA graphics adapter Please someone help me I was away from this computer months after daily use and now I can t even use it properly after getting it back nbsp

A:"Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout has failed."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempt-to-reset-the-display-driver-and-recover-from-timeout-has-failed.1134576/
Relevancy 76.11%

i keep getting this "igfx driver stopped responding and recover" while playing Games!

my laptop a is HP pavilion dv6000
Windows vista home premium 32 bit operating system
my garpic card is : mobile intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

I dont know what to do everytime i play TS3 or when my brother play WoW
the screen goes black then i get message saying that igfx driver stopped responding and recovered .

is a solution for this?!!

A:i keep getting this "igfx driver stopped responding and recover" while playing Games

Hello Scarlet999.
There are lots of solutions for this problem, very few of them work.

I would start by un-installing the video driver and re-installing the latest driver, you will be able to get this from the laptop manufacturers site.

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/279860-i-keep-getting-igfx-driver-stopped-responding-recover-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all Earlier today I was playing around with Windows Developer Preview inside of Virtualbox I tried to unable Win. disk to Recovery recover start..." is "Windows failed to install the VB guest additions which allows copy-paste between guest and host as well as other things and was told to restart the computer So I restarted the VM and got the new "Windows failed to start..." Recovery disk is unable to recover Win. version of the BSOD saying something or other that I cant remember now After trying to fix it with the recovery tool that came with the Win installer I just chose to reset "Windows failed to start..." Recovery disk is unable to recover Win. it because I hadn't really done anything So I reset it whoopdie-doo and kept messing around with it After a while I got bored of the ugly Metro UI and went back to Windows I just closed the VM Now that I've bored you enough with background info here's my problem I reboot my laptop and I can't boot quot Windows has failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix this problem lt instructions in how to use the recovery disc to repair the computer gt If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Boot BCD Status xc f Info An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data quot So I whip out my handy-dandy thumb drive that can boot into live Kubuntu Fedora GParted and the Windows x recovery disk I've used the recovery disk before to fix my MBR a while back and it worked perfectly So I assumed it would do its thing now right Wrong It searches for Windows installations and then right off the bat tells me its found errors with my startup options and wants to repair my computer I say yes and am immediately told that it quot failed to save startup options quot There is no OS in the list of discovered Windows installations but it lets me go to quot System Recovery Options quot where I can pull up a command prompt After CDing around a bit I find my Windows hard drive in E Then I noticed that the hard drive didn't even have a boot folder Then I started Googling around and came across this I followed the instructions in options and after creating a new E boot folder but they did not work In option after running bootrec rebuildbcd it found E as a windows installation said it would add it to the boot list and then told me quot the requested system device cannot be found quot In option everything goes well until I execute quot bcdedit import E Boot BCD temp quot and I am told quot the store import operation has failed The requested system device cannot be found quot And this is really frustrating It seems like the recovery disk is only detecting my hard drive when it feels like it But wait that got me thinking Why would the recovery disk do something like that So thanking my insight to keep GParted Live on a nearby USB I spun it up to see what I could see And lo and behold there is a little yellow error icon next to dev sda my main partition with windows I right clicked to read more about it and got a big warning saying quot Cluster XXXXXXX is referenced multiple times quot multiple times and finally quot ERROR Filesystrm check failed ERROR clusters referenced multiracial times NTFS is inconsistent Run chkdsk f on Windows then reboot TWICE quot So I booted back into the recovery disc and hoped it had chkdsk It did I've only run the read-only chkdsk in fear of messing something up Is that possible Or is it safe Anyways chkdsk told me quot Attribute record lt gt is corrupt quot a couple times and eventually finished the first stage Since it was in read-only mode it didn't continue to the next stages One weird error chkdsk reported at the very end was quot Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status quot Oops and there I go again Sorry for the bit lengthy post there Please try to understand what this post is about and if you can offer some... Read more

A:"Windows failed to start..." Recovery disk is unable to recover Win.

Nevermind! I fixed it!

The recovery disk I had on my thumb drive just didn't want to put as much effort into it as recovery disk I burned to a CD a while ago (I downloaded the ISO for the recovery CD from NeoSmart while they still hosted them for free, but I downloaded the ISO on my USB from some other website I can't remember). While doing some housecleaning (it's pretty sad to see me do such a thing- I'm either really stressed or really happy whenever I house clean) I found an old Windows 7 x64 recovery CD that I had downloaded from NeoSmart.com before they stopped hosting it in favor of some paid service. I decided to give it a go, and it worked! In the third paragraph of my original post, I said that the Recovery Disk on my thumb drive told me "Failed to Save Startup Options", but with the Recovery Disk I burned to the CD, it told me to reboot my PC and (after waiting about 10 minutes for the System Restore to check and double check itself, and then reboot again) I'm back in Windows 7!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196045-windows-failed-start-recovery-disk-unable-recover-win.html
Relevancy 76.11%

This has already been brought up here but I wanted to put it again because I m having difficulty with it at the current moment and I was having trouble understanding what was put in the response to the other one Basically I started playing Perfect World International At first I played at my friend s place but now I ve started driver to managed "Display igfx and responding has stopped recover" playing on my own laptop I downloaded and played for the first time on my laptop As I was playing the screen went black After a second it went back to normal and it said quot Display driver igfx has stopped responding and managed to recover quot Now this happened multiple times "Display driver igfx has stopped responding and managed to recover" After a while it became impossible to play as it was happening so frequently I restarted and was able to play again without problem for a few more minutes before it started once again I really don t know what to do what do you recommend nbsp

A:"Display driver igfx has stopped responding and managed to recover"

Video driver is stalling, as part of Vista's new WDDM pipeline Windows will just restart the driver. You should update your video card driver and DirectX too, do you know what GPU aka video card your using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-igfx-has-stopped-responding-and-managed-to-recover.911498/
Relevancy 76.11%

I only have a 70GB hard drive and having recently used "treesize" have found that the reason I was always running out of space appears to be down to the 55GB of Windows INstaller Patches that are on the computer. I am sure that most of these are not required but have no idea what they are, what they do, or if they need to be there or not. As their individual sizes range from a few KB to hundreds of MB, I would like to delete as many as ppossible but need advice as to what / how.

I am running Windows XP on and AMD ppowered system

Many thanks

P

A:Solved: How can I recover space filled with "windows Installer Patches"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-recover-space-filled-with-windows-installer-patches.783541/
Relevancy 76.11%

while oversea, we plugged our digital cameras into a coputer which decided to do something to the memory card so the camera couldnt read from/to it. So we needed to store all are pictures on a usb drive so we could format the camera memory cards.

4 weeks worth of photos was put into a rar file and put on the usb drive. I tested all the picture were there b4 formatting the cards, and they were.

now, were home and the peice of **** rar says:

"....Desktop\thaipics.rar: The file "???" header is corrupt"

only 7 of the 300 show up!!! Tried various rar recovery tool but all only find these 7 files...I thought these would work as all files are fairly small jpgs, but i guess not.

i fear all is lost but thought i just see if anyone has any ideas.....
thx, saac

A:Solved: recover jpgs from rar - "header is corrupt" - 4 weeks of photos

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recover-jpgs-from-rar-header-is-corrupt-4-weeks-of-photos.676719/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

When i tried to open my task manager from win 7 system, I got a pop up that says, " missing mfc42u.dll". I tried to fix it by using "repair my computer" from boot menu in order to do system recovery. However, after I click "repair my computer", I got a screen that says aceesing failed. I also saw an error symbol which is "x00000...". So I need your help to fix the missing mfc42u.dll and the inaccessibility of "repair my computer" from boot menu.

Asaal

A:need recover missing dll (mfc42u.dll) and access my "repair my computer " from boot m

We need the full error code to determine whats wrong with Recovery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-recover-missing-dll-mfc42u-dll-and-access-my-repair-my-computer-from-boot-m.1150701/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

I have an HP Laptop (DV 6646 US) with a Windows Vista installed.. During the last 1yr my laptop has been falling apart (literally) with first the audio drivers crashing, then problems with the DVD writer etc. When I bought the laptop, I had a recovery partition & was not provided a Windows Vista CD/DVD. Since my DVD Writer has crashed, I do not have the option of creating recovery discs now. Could anyone please suggest a method for me to reinstall/recover Windows Vista from the recovery partition without having to use a CD/DVD.

Thanks in advance!!

A:How to "reinstall/recover" Windows Vista from Recovery Partition without CD/DVD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reinstall-recover-windows-vista-from-recovery-partition-without-cd-dvd.1007921/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hope someone can help me "Boot How DBAN I Connectivity ? Internet Do & After recover Nuke" here I have a Dell running Vista- bit that I am planning on selling on EBAY So I ran the DBAN quot Boot amp Nuke How Do I recover Internet Connectivity After DBAN "Boot & Nuke" ? quot to clean everything off of the HD That went well-it took hours but no problems I reloaded the Dell operating system disk back on with no problems and the drivers disk-all that went well Now I thought I would go online and download AVG just to have that on there for the next buyer But I can't connect to the internet The message I get is quot Install amp enable the ethernet adapter on your computer-Windows does not detect network hardware quot I know the quot hardware quot is in there this computer connected just fine until I nuked it I guess I assumed this would be quot fixed quot when I loaded the Dell OS back on Now what Thanks a ton if anybody has the answer here Ben

A:How Do I recover Internet Connectivity After DBAN "Boot & Nuke" ?

Hi imacarbuff, welcome to TSF.

Can you check you Device Manager for any warnings (yellow exclamation points)
Right click on 'My Computer' and select 'Manage'. In the Computer Management window, select 'Device Manager' on the left and look for any warning signs. If you see any, right click on then and choose 'Update Driver software'

Can you also post the model of the Dell

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-recover-internet-connectivity-after-dban-boot-and-nuke-565137.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

I have an HP Laptop (DV 6646 US) with a Windows Vista installed.. During the last 1yr my laptop has been falling apart (literally) with first the audio drivers crashing, then problems with the DVD writer etc. When I bought the laptop, I had a recovery partition & was not provided a Windows Vista CD/DVD. Since my DVD Writer has crashed, I do not have the option of creating recovery discs now. Could anyone please suggest a method for me to reinstall/recover Windows Vista from the recovery partition without having to use a CD/DVD.

Thanks in advance!!

A:How to "reinstall/recover" Windows Vista from Recovery Partition without CD/DVD?

‪Windows 7 - Create a System Repair Disc on a Bootable USB Flash Drive without Burning a CD‬‏ - YouTube

Quote:

Steps followed in this video are listed below.

Assume that the flash drive is F and disk 1 in diskpart.

Create 2 folders on the flash drive - boot and sources

cd c:\recovery
dir /a:sh
cd YOUR_GUID_DIRECTORY (only subdirectory in c:\recovery)
dir /a:sh
xcopy /h boot.sdi F:\boot
echo F|xcopy /h Winre.wim F:\sources\boot.wim
cd c:\windows\boot\
xcopy /h dvd\pcat\bcd F:\boot
xcopy /h dvd\pcat\en-US\bootfix.bin F:\boot
xcopy /h pcat\bootmgr F:
attrib -r -s -h /s F:\*
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
list partition
select partition 1
active
list partition
exit

Eject the flash drive and boot from it.

Create a USB flash drive which has the same functionality as a system repair disc - startup repair, system restore, image recovery, and command prompt. Some computers may take more time to boot from USB, although newer machines should boot faster. This method should also work with a USB hard drive.

There are a lot of things with a USB workaround, provided you have a USB flash drive to spare. That should help cover the use of a System Repair Disk, however you will need to access a feature during the BIOS stage that will allow you to activate the recovery partition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-reinstall-recover-windows-vista-from-recovery-partition-without-cd-dvd-588174.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm trying to recover just my WinXP partition O when viewed from Win out of a quot system image quot produced by Macrium Reflect Free That image copied both Win C as well as WinXP O in my dual-boot environment because it is O which is the quot active quot partition and C where Win lives I was running WinXP originally and installed Win as a second OS hence my partitions and configuration Anyway the creation of the quot system image quot went 5.0.4118): need "recover partition" on (Free Reflect Macrium help fine two weeks ago I now have a need to restore just my WinXP partition which is something I had believed was possible I don't want to restore both WinXP and Win I only want to restore WinXP So I booted to the standalone Rescue CD and tried to follow the wizard I had previously looked at and had printed the quot how to recover your PC using the Linux Rescue CD - Part II quot article on the Macrium Support Knowledgebase so I thought this would be easy Wrong First problem all of the screenshots in the article are NOT what the free program produces Maybe the article was Macrium Reflect (Free 5.0.4118): need help on "recover partition" written for Macrium Reflect (Free 5.0.4118): need help on "recover partition" a prior program version or the for-money version but it certainly is not what the program looks like now I was able to extrapolate what the article told me I would see and what I was to do to the current dialog screens put out by the current program without too much trouble However the results of doing what it told me to do were not what I would have expected I was able to quot locate image quot by navigating their Explorer view to the proper drive and folder in which my quot system image quot lives I then selected that file in the upper-right corner of the presentation and sure enough in the lower-right corner of the presentation I saw the two partitions which were contained in the backup namely both C and O Perfect However I didn't know whether I should select the O partition in that lower-right corner or if selecting the partition from within the image that I am wanting to restore will come on the next screen What should I do here The article suggests I should not do anything except except select quot the correct partition image in the right window and click 'next' quot but that wording is terribly vague Nevertheless I decided simply to select the image file itself in the upper-right corner and not select the O partition from the O and C shown in the lower-right corner Then NEXT I was then shown the quot partition selection quot screen which for some reason only showed O listed even though both O and C were actually in the image file and I hadn't selected just O in the lower-right corner So why was only O shown and not both O and C I would have then un-checked C but I still want to know why both partitions which are in that image file are not shown in this selection list for me to choose from Anyway since O was presented and that was the partition i wanted to restore I left it checked and pushed NEXT I was then shown a quot target selection quot screen which listed two of my three hard drives I don't know why the third drive was not shown Nevertheless the true location of O which is where I wanted this restored system image to go right over the existing O partition in exactly the same place on exactly the same drive was on one of the two drives that were listed So I checked that drive and pushed NEXT Again I simply want to restore the O partition from that image file to exactly the same and still current O partition on exactly the same hard drive that it was and is still resident on No change to anything just restore that O partition Well the next screen gave me something else than what the tutorial article showed me I would receive In fact it seemed to suggest that the target drive for the restore was NOT the drive I'd just checked but instead was a different drive In fact it happened to ... Read more

A:Macrium Reflect (Free 5.0.4118): need help on "recover partition"

Hello dsperber, welcome to SevenForums.

I'll admit that was a bit much to read, so I might not have caught every detail. But two points I'd like to touch upon:
You mention that the tutorial you tried to follow was for the Linux-based rescue disc. Is your disc the Linux one or did you you create the WinPE-based disc?
I assume you're already aware of this, but just to make sure: The rescue disc has no knowledge of what the drive letter assignments on either of your Windows systems are, so the letters will be different while you're in the rescue environment. (Of course, the drive letters stored within the image file aren't affected by this, but they're only a reference at this point.)
You should definitely be able to restore your O: partition and simply overwrite the existing O: without any need for deleting or reformatting it. Nor should "cherry-picking" partitions out of an existing backup image be any problem.
At the moment it's hard to say where things are going wrong unless I did miss a detail while reading your post.

Would you be able to provide screenshots to illustrate your problem further?

EDIT: I just looked at the tutorial (should've done this first) and it's for the now-discontinued v4.2 version of Macrium Reflect. v5 would be rather different, unsurprisingly...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/200820-macrium-reflect-free-5-0-4118-need-help-recover-partition.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Ok guys.. I screwed up big time... I was about to create a bootable flash drive with a utility called HPflash and right the moment I pressed the start button I realized that the selected drive wasnt my flash drive.. but my external hard disk with 400 Gigs of Data! I dont know about you guys.. but I had tons of pictures and videos.. (my wedding video too!) And I am going nuts now.. can anyone please give me some hope and tell me I can recover all my files? Do I need to use one of the un-delete software out there? When I click on the hard disk it states that it needs to be formatted.. so apparently it hasnt.. so what happened to it? Can I undo what I did very quickly? thanks!

Relevancy 75.68%

I'm experiencing BSID issues apparently due to graphic card Computer vaio vgn-fw mf laptop system windows home premium service pack graphic card The issues started with computer bugs when Alt-tabbing but one day I got a quot Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout quot bluescreen and since then the only way to make the computer run properly is from BSOD timeout" and vaio display "Attempt driver to recover reset to disable the graphic card driver from the control pannel The bluescreen does not allways appear but the screen frequently goes black just right after the windows screen or sometimes windows starts but I immediately get continuous Display driver stopped responding and has recovered errors Initially "Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout" BSOD vaio I thought that it was a hard drive issue as I've been running the computer several months with an almost full hard drive but now that I freed some HD space free GB out of GB the problem persist I tried to unistall my drivers "Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout" BSOD vaio and update them any results I hope not have a hardware issue Please any help will be precious Thanks in advance I attach the DM Log Collector file

A:"Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout" BSOD vaio

Hello welcome to SF.
Give me a few minuets and i will look into this for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325916-attempt-reset-display-driver-recover-timeout-bsod-vaio.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Normally if a user accidentially deletes a file and want to recover it then he can take the following steps:
Load one of the many "undelete" tools (like Recuva) and let it detect,analyze and copy the file to another partition.

Now assume that the partition where the deleted files is stored has no traffic (= nothing more is stored there).

So instead of copying the whole file to another partition it should be possible to recover it "in place".
That means a smart undelete-tool should be able just to re-create the previously deleted NTFS entries of the file and the sector chain on the original partition without having to perform a full copy operation..

All information is available.

Unfortunately I did not found such a smart undelete tool .
All of them require a lengthy copy-operation.

Why?

Maybe there is such a tool and I miss it.
Can someone give me a recommendation.

Thank you
Peter

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385957-how-undelete-files-place-recover-ntfs-entry-orig-partitio.html
Relevancy 75.68%

A month ago I was browsing the internet when I got backdoor d and this Total Security XP seized control of my system This program changes it s name based on what system recover program Still from 2011 to Security attempting "Total XP" antivirus rouge it is infecting although you probably already knew that After quite the battle I managed to neutralize the virus and remove portions of it from my system but now for some reason I cannot re-enable my automatic windows updates nor can I get my Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security to enable the windows firewall automatic booster I have removed a rouge copy of csrss exe that was running from my hp administrators folder as well as several instances of kkc exe which is what several programs pointed to as the malware program including malwarebytes antimalware and Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security that I remember Still attempting to recover from "Total Security 2011 XP" rouge antivirus program off the top of my head I also removed some entries with hyjackthis in order to stop my system from being redirected so that I can use it again The removed entries include PM F - REG win ini load C DOCUME HP ADM LOCALS Temp csrss exe PM R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http PM R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http Obviously my system is still not acting the way it should because it keeps loading more process s like rundll from my HP administrators folder instead of the system folder like it should although the major symptoms of my system being seized almost completely and the browser redirects are gone The rouge antivirus program took the form of kkc exe and had these strings associated with it u ye ex ry el eh m h t e ilfioi m nt ps b lru This is not a comprehensive list there may be more My Hyjackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted RUBotSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files DISC DISCover exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted RUBottedGUI exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files ZyDAS Technology Corpora... Read more

A:Still attempting to recover from "Total Security 2011 XP" rouge antivirus program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/still-attempting-to-recover-from-total-security-2011-xp-rouge-antivirus-program.995243/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello Every One
can help me to resolve "windows recover from an expected shutdown"
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFF80000003
BCP2: FFFFF80003A778C0
BCP3: FFFFF880009E2538
BCP4: FFFFF880009E1DA0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\031914-100948-01.dmp
C:\Users\DR-Saade\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-318741-0.sysdata.xml

thanks on advance

A:How to resolve "windows recover from an expected shutdown"

Norton is failing here.

Quote:
fffff880`009e1878 fffff880`078e02d3Unable to load image \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\NortonData\21.1.0.18\Definitions\BASHDefs\20140214.001\BHDrvx64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BHDrvx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BHDrvx64.sys
BHDrvx64+0xdf2d3

Uninstall Norton and all Symentec products using Norton Removal tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Also, Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Let us know about any further BSOD after doing those.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325756-how-resolve-windows-recover-expected-shutdown.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello after "DLACTRLW.EXE" Trying to problem attack Malware recover from friends In advance I appreciate your help Trying to recover after Malware attack from "DLACTRLW.EXE" problem to solve this matter I am running XP I've moved so many times since I got this pc laptop I can't locate the disk The MS-XP was bundled with the laptop Last Thursday I clicked on Firefox to open it and I apparently got some quot DLACTRLW EXE quot malware even though I was running Eset Nod A program started that called itself 'Advanced Security' which started shutting down other programs and blocking the opening of others In the Application Data folder I found the program which called itself iSecurity there Took several attempts but I was finally able to delete it I think by getting into Safe Mode and removing it with CyberScrub One of my friends told me that these programs often will also infect the Roxio and Sonic Solutions programs so I deleted them as well I am still trying to remove all the Roxio related entries in the RegEdit files it's taking forever In the meantime I have noticed a couple of new problems the Windows Installer window keeps opening and blocking programs the laptop won't automatically connect to websites via hotlinks anymore Tried to download Windows SP but it hasn't been successful Also it won't go into sleep mode now even when I close it or try to use the laptop key On restart I get the following error messages in addition to other problems listed above - netwk exe has encountered a problem - cssauth exe - unable to locate component This application failed because xml c s dll was not found - error eror installing the SMI device driver see attached ark etc files Are there cures for these problems TIA

A:Trying to recover after Malware attack from "DLACTRLW.EXE" problem

Hello mick10,

You've got a serious rootkit on here, and trying to fix it with Cyberscrub may have made things worse, but we'll give it a shot.

Please stop attempting any further manual deletions of anything, including Roxio. We need to focus on removing the active rootkit.

It will require more than 1 round to clean the system. Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seem to abate.

Download ComboFix from here. (If hyperlinks aren't working, copy/paste the links into the address bar)

* IMPORTANT- Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

====================================================

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to our sticky topic How to disable your security applications

====================================================

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/trying-to-recover-after-malware-attack-from-dlactrlw-exe-problem-629115.html
Relevancy 75.68%

While searching in IE 11 a banner appears at bottom of a frozen page saying: {sitename} is not available. There is also a "recover page" button, which will re-load the page successfully. This happens persistently.
Any reliable fixes known?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/62096-ie-11-recover-page-message-appears-frequently.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello,

Have a new Dell XPS M1710 laptop pre-installed with Vista x64 Ultimate.

Used the sleep function yesterday for the first time and now - having re-awoken - the Power Button has disappeared. I only have the "Lock Button" on my Start menu.

I have re-booted and tried to change the "Power Button" settings in the power management menu but to no effect.

Anyone know how I can get it back??? Thank you in advance,

Neal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-power-button-has-disappeared.589344/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I installed Windows last week and have been using it with mainly no problems apart from my DVD CD drive not working which I posted a thread here about but haven't received any responses yet When I am visiting my family back home in England I often plug my laptop into the tv to watch films with "Speakers" Sound disappeared device the kids through the HDMI port I usually have to change the quot default quot audio device to the AMD HDMI Output to do this and then change it back afterwards I did this once with no problems However the last time I watched something I didn't change it back before shutting down And now my quot Internal Speakers quot device has disappeared I tried uninstalling all drivers relating to sound devices "Speakers" Sound device disappeared in device manager and doing a scan for changes - the HD Audio device reappeared but still no quot internal speakers quot option I tried checking quot show disabled devices quot in the quot playback devices quot window still no joy I uninstalled everything again and used the drivers from the ASUS support page for my model laptop ASUS x z and still nothing I installed the updated "Speakers" Sound device disappeared sound drivers from AMD in the sticky post here Again nothing but the HDMI audio option This is frustrating as I live abroad and my laptop is my main method of both communicating home and watching media I can't use my headphones now I have considered doing a System Restore but crazily the only System restore point available is from when some automatic updates were installed after the issue appeared My only option "Speakers" Sound device disappeared is to do a System Reset losing all my applications but i'm not convinced this will solve the issue I have noticed that there is one device showing that it is unable to start in device manager Screenshots attached Any clues I'm reticent to reset or go back to windows

A:"Speakers" Sound device disappeared

Ok, I've now done a "go back to windows 7 " as it was frustrating me, I have the same problem in Windows 7! Kinda annoyed that windows 10 seems to have crippled my sound card. I don't know what to do next. Please help.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/13928-speakers-sound-device-disappeared.html
Relevancy 75.25%

hello people
i just installed new drivers from the realtek site and the hd audio manger has somehow COMPPLETELY disappeared from my computer o-o is there a way to get it back? i tryed googling a download but no luck o_o

A:Realtek HD Audio "Manger" has disappeared

Originally Posted by soldier000

hello people
i just installed new drivers from the realtek site and the hd audio manger has somehow COMPPLETELY disappeared from my computer o-o is there a way to get it back? i tryed googling a download but no luck o_o

hi and welcome

If you installed it correctly it didnt just disappear. type device manager in search. go to the audio tab and look to see if your card is there and if it has a yellow triangle on it. If it is either gone (and there is an unknown device elsewhere) or if it has a yellow triangle on it it needs to be re-installed.

Let us know the results

Ken J

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/260416-realtek-hd-audio-manger-has-disappeared.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all, on a customer's laptop, Win XP SP3 etc, all the entries have disappeared from the "All Programs" list. Except for basic Windows entries, Windows Explorer, Accessories, StartUp, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Remote Assistance, and Windows Media Player.
The Accessories entry only has System Tools / Internet Explorer (no addons).
All the real program entries like Microsoft Office etc, printer drivers,etc, have all disappeared.
Has anyone any idea what has happened, and how to fix this ?
Thanks.

A:entries disappeared from "all programs" list

Hello clyde123,

It is more usual to have the whole list empty, so your problem is a bit different.

First thing to try is a System Restore. See what the position is after that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/entries-disappeared-from-all-programs-list-342369.html
Relevancy 75.25%

For some reason when I click on my windows orb, Search option is missing. Now there is empty white space between "my programs link on bottom and my lists of recently opened programs. I have W7 premium 64 bit.

A:My "search" disappeared from my start menu?

Hello Leif,

You might double check to see if you may have turned Windows Search off by mistake.

Windows Search - Turn On or Off

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86010-my-search-disappeared-my-start-menu.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I recently installed zoomtown broadband for my brother At the time I noticed flashing Solved: "disappeared" Desktop XP SP2 that quot Windows XP Professional quot was back on the splash screen which seemed to me to indicate that something had happened to remove SP At my next opportunity I returned with an SP CD to re-install it In the Solved: XP SP2 "disappeared" Desktop flashing interval it seems his son had downloaded Winfixer the latest Netscape and well I Solved: XP SP2 "disappeared" Desktop flashing don t know what else At the time Solved: XP SP2 "disappeared" Desktop flashing AVG Free Antivirus and the Zone Alarm Firewall were working but when I re-installed SP from a disk copy at the re-boot after logon the desktop began to quot flash quot on and off with the icons and taksbar disappearing Even I could tell this was not good If I waited I received warning windows from ZA that it was stopped but trying to clicking the button to restart the quot vector quot just led to the re-appearnace of the window After copying the contents of the HD to a backup HD using Drive Image I did a repair install of windows from the XP cd which at least enabled me to get back to a quot stable quot desktop however since the re-install while I can get to a desktop that doesn t quot come and go quot like the Room of Requirement there are still problems I cannot create a dial up connection-- the choice is greyed out in the wizard though the modem is installed and tests OK in the device manager Following the re-install I received a message from the AVG program that it was damged and required a re-installation which I performed However it s icon appears in the tray slowly and I no longer see other icons in the quot tray quot I have been trolling the forums and it seems that there are people who have been experiencing similar problems so I hope for some directions on how to repair this installation Below is the current HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes H WINDOWS System smss exe H WINDOWS system winlogon exe H WINDOWS system services exe H WINDOWS system lsass exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H WINDOWS System svchost exe H Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe H WINDOWS system spoolsv exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe H WINDOWS system gearsec exe H WINDOWS System nvsvc exe H WINDOWS Explorer EXE H WINDOWS System carpserv exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe H Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe H Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe H HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www att net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - H Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - H Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - H PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO MSEvents Object - CE D-F D- D - D -C EE - H WINDOWS System wvuuv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - H Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - H WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE H WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run lsass service sasser exe O - HKLM Run InCD H Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot H Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quo... Read more

Relevancy 75.25%

Errr... just like the thread says, the "Arrange Icons By" option has disappeared from one of my folders. They can only be sorted by Name or Size, not Modified, Dimensions, Type, etc.

However, all subfolders are still capable of being sorted all those ways, and all folders BEFORE the aforementioned folder can be sorted normally as well.

So... what's the deal?

A:"Arrange Icons By" options disappeared

Go to view and then click on choose details. Click on the options you want and then hit OK. This should do it. Let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arrange-icons-by-options-disappeared.624735/
Relevancy 75.25%

i've been on 7-64 now for some 3 months. i used to see "documents and settings" -folder, including "all users" on my explorer tree.

from what i understand, this was a junction/shortcut to c:\users\

this morning, however, the whole documents and settings folder is no longer appearing, and with it a bunch of shortcuts that were in the start menu of all users are missing.

this leaves me with a creepy feeling that a lot of other program settings could be now gone.

what could cause this?

how to restore the junction? - i assume that many legacy programs will not work correctly without \documents and settings on the system.

A:"documents and settings" junction? disappeared

You should first check that malware is not affecting your system.

Download this;

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1 - FileHippo.com

and run a FULL scan, after updating the database. If it finds anything post the log here.

This may help you to restore folders;

Public Folders - Restore

There are other tutorials in that section for restoring defaults.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/159310-documents-settings-junction-disappeared.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

Since a week my wireless connecion seems to have disappeared. I'm using an HP Pavillion Entertainment Notebook.

Whenever i try to turn on th wireless connection button (hp wireless assistant), it stays orange (it turns blue when its on). My wireless connection has also disappeared from my Network Connections in windows. I think my adapter (sorry dont know the right terminology) is "broadcom"

I don't know why this happened. I dont think i did anything out of the ordinary. Hp Wireless Assistant itself isn't working anymore either. It all messed up at the same time.

Can anyone help me please?

EDIT : when i search for HP Wireless Assistant in my folders, i can still open one part of the program. It says the machine is de-activated and that i should activate by turning the little switch/buttom thing. But it doesn't respond when i do.

thank in advance,

Sam

A:Wirelss connection / adapter "disappeared"

can you goto device manager and see whats there

for XP

start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

post backs whats there

also any ! X or ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirelss-connection-adapter-disappeared.552889/
Relevancy 75.25%

FYI to all, here's a site to re-enable this on Windows 7 (32 & 64 alike I was a little miffed when they got rid of that nice precaution.

I've been testing this and trying out different ways to attempt to (for lack of a better word) corrupt the software as to gauge it's prowess.

In the end, I discovered that, although it's 3rd-party, it's very reliable.

Here's the site: (the product is called "USB Safely Remove.)

Safely Remove Hardware in one click! USB, SATA, Firewire. Keyboard shortcuts for stopping, clear device names, remove a device from the icon

Enjoy,

Erik
OceanicAirlines

A:"Safely Remove HDW" disappeared in Windows 7!?!?!

I noticed it was gone, but I haven't had any problems with any of my USB attached devices, including "memory keys". I have 5 USB attached optical drives (for audio CD production and I can burn 5 discs at a time) and the safely remove hardware does not seem to be needed in Win 7 with these drives. In Vista, if I didn't use the Safely Remove Hardware I would run into problems the next time I powered on the drives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/47247-safely-remove-hdw-disappeared-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My main PC has dissappeared from the Workgroup (XP Pro) list since replacing my modem.

Recently my Westell 6100 fell victim to lightning and I replaced it with Motorola 2210-02 and set it up as before in DHCP mode hooked to a WRT54G. The "main" PC (which I can no longer see in the WG list) is assigned a public IP via IP passthrough on the modem with standard subnet mask. The other 3 machines (192.168.0.X) can see each other just fine and I am able to ping them from the main box. I have also checked the firewall exceptions for file sharing and tried the default and enabled NetBIOS settings for TCP/IP.

Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance!

Relevancy 75.25%

Help! My 'f' drive has disappeared - it doesn't show up anywhere on my pc. The Toshiba 3.5" external hard drive appears to be working in that the power is on etc but it doesn't boot up. Any help appreciated, thanks

A:Toshiba hard drive has "disappeared"

Further to my first post I have now had the external drive moved internally - at first it seemed fine but there is an intermittant fault, sometimes when I start up my pc I get an error message saying that the secondary drive is not recognised (the f drive) - but sometimes it is. I've been onto Dell to see if they can help but they couldn't as they said I am running the latest edition of BIOS. Any replies (in layman's terms please) would be appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-hard-drive-has-disappeared.690167/
Relevancy 75.25%

Everything was working fine, then sound just stopped working. All software says it "can't find device". No Sound!
1. Tried reinstalling drivers
2. Removed sound card & reinstalled.
3. Installed sound card in different slot.
4. Bought new sound card and installed (tried both open slots).
5. Tried multiple speakers and headphones with each new attempt.
Does this sound like a BIOS issue? or maybe Motherboard failure? I can't seem to find any diagnostic software for the Motherboard and I am intimidated by the BIOS revisions. Excessive warnings for that.
I have partitioned the HD and have XP on both. Both updated with all service packs. Neither partition has sound. Sound card is Creative X-Fi for 5.1 Surround. 2nd card was also Creative X-Fi, but a different model.
I need assistance to figure out what the real problem is. Sounds like more than just a Sound Card issue. Sounds deeper (and more serious, ie expensive).
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi y'all,
I recently (last night) bought the "Recover My Files V3.73" software to try and recover my lost emails on my reformatted HD. It seems to work nice and all but when I save the files, it seems to lump them all in one file and its a flash file extension for that matter......any body have any experience with this software? I am awaiting a reply from the makers on this problem, but was hoping some one might of had the same (or similar) problem and how they went about it.

Thanks to EAFiedler for the previous help.....

Cheers in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-recovery-using-recover-my-files.395025/
Relevancy 74.82%

my computer wasnt working so my friend give me his original cd for windows 7 premium but it stuck all the time . what should i do?

A:cant do recover keep getting stuck at " Setup is starting"..

Lenovo g570.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-do-recover-keep-getting-stuck-at-setup-is-starting-634874.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a new Dell XPS 8300 with Windows 7 Professional. I would like to be able to "wake" the computer withput having to use the Power Button.

My current power settings are to sleep after 2 hours and hibernate after 1080 minutes (1080 minutes seems to be the default.) Sometimes I can wake the computer by pressing the "quarter moon" key (or other keys), but most of the time I have to use the Power Button which will probably wear out after much of this.

So my question is: what is the best power setting to avoid using the Power Button to wake the computer?

Thanks.

A:Best way to recover from "sleep" without using the Power Button?

Quote: Originally Posted by midjack

I have a new Dell XPS 8300 with Windows 7 Professional. I would like to be able to "wake" the computer withput having to use the Power Button.

My current power settings are to sleep after 2 hours and hibernate after 1080 minutes (1080 minutes seems to be the default.) Sometimes I can wake the computer by pressing the "quarter moon" key (or other keys), but most of the time I have to use the Power Button which will probably wear out after much of this.

So my question is: what is the best power setting to avoid using the Power Button to wake the computer?

Thanks.

Try pressing the spacebar on your keyboard. The enter key may work also. Sometimes, unplugging a usb mouse can wake a computer, although I would not recommend you do that to wake your pc
Also, you have to use the power button to wake the pc from hibernate. i don't think the power button will wear out. I have a 7 year old pc with a power button that's been pressed probably hundereds of times and the power button still works every time I press it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/225756-best-way-recover-sleep-without-using-power-button.html
Relevancy 74.82%

hi.. im having prob with my folder option toolbar!! the settings [Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options.] does not show any of the FOLDER OPTION settings...

even using this option;Attachment 70357 is not possible as the high-lighten part of it is not working!! its faded.. couldn't click on it....Attachment 70358

can someone help me out with this plz??????????

A:How 2 recover missing "Folder Option"....

Hello Arvind,

Using one of the methods in the tutorial below should be able to enable Folder Options again for you.

Folder Options - Enable or Disable - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/81795-how-2-recover-missing-folder-option.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all First of all I am new to this Disk" should I recover my External? "Bad [help] files How on a forum so I would like to say hello and thank you so much in advance for your kind guidance and support I am encountering some [help] How should I recover my files on a "Bad Disk" External? slight difficulties with my External Hard drive I am running an dell studio xps laptop with windows bit home premium Unfortunately last night my external hard drive had [help] How should I recover my files on a "Bad Disk" External? i guess a quot loose connection quot not to my computer to the connection to the hard [help] How should I recover my files on a "Bad Disk" External? drive Mind you its an iOMEGA GB Unfortunately by accident it fell about ft off my coffee table I have so many important files on there College Notes Lectures Homework Music and now it wont even read on my windows laptop I tried connecting it to my windows and windows desktops but all it does it sees the device but it wont browse the disk through file explorer to see my files I cant initialize the disk either I get an redundancy error I have attached below my screenshots of my issue Please help Best Regards Kevin

A:[help] How should I recover my files on a "Bad Disk" External?

I would try to run a chkdsk /f /r. You may have to give it a drive letter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391513-help-how-should-i-recover-my-files-bad-disk-external.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I backed up my "my documents" folder to my external HDD before formatting. I just checked and for some unexplained reason the only thing in that folder is a desktop.ini. All my files are gone...unbelievable....i can't believe windows screwed me like this....

Is there any way to recover them?

A:How do i recover a lost "my documents" folder?

Run desktop.ini and see what it opens in Notepad. You might get lucky.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-recover-a-lost-my-documents-folder-696721.html
Relevancy 74.82%

When I built my system My computer was super fast It carried out tasks from opening programs to internet connections as soon as i clicked something This is no longer the case Programs and files take longer to open and I frequently have to restart my modem to regain internet speed Roadrunner Turbo What maintenance can I perform to regain this performance XP is telling me I don t need to defragment Thank you Info from Solved: "new to How speed? computer" recover Belarc Advisor Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP -UD R gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Solved: How to recover "new computer" speed? Board Solved: How to recover "new computer" speed? Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP -UD R Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc F Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty WD EACS External USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive WDC WD AAJS- L A Hard drive GB -- drive WDC WD JB- REA Hard drive GB -- drive s n Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space ATI Radeon HD Series Display adapter VIZ VW L HDTV A Monitor quot vis s n SRBFFJ January ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA Realtek High Definition Audio Net Adapter Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC All required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary have been installed nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I m not asking for anything that problem "The this relationship After Recover between workstation" may break the rule of my company or the Froum I used to take a full backup from the drive C for my office s laptop in After Recover problem "The relationship between this workstation" case of any problem I can recover I was out of the country and got a virus so I restored my backup and everything working well when I came back and connected to the Lan at office I got this message whenever I put the log-in password quot The relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed quot and it not allow me to login until I disconnect the Lan cable after I login I plug the cable again and everything working very well I conneceted to the internet the shared folders and Lan printer BUT I notice that the Local Area Connection Icon in the control panel showing the quot Domain unauthenticated quot May I know what happened wrong and why this message appears I have administration use for my laptop Any suggetions about the that reason caused this message and the effect and what is the options to solve it Thank you in advance nbsp

A:After Recover problem "The relationship between this workstation"

I would suggest leaving the domain controller and re-entering it. Though in order to do that, you must log in as a local admin. Your company's IT department or whoever that maintains the Windows server for you should be able to do that as the admin credentials is needed for you to rejoin the domain-controller.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-recover-problem-the-relationship-between-this-workstation.1142698/
Relevancy 74.82%

So my brother dropped his computer to the ground, and now it is not working properly.
I started windows in repair mode, but the computer freezes like this https://imgur.com/Pq1ncSs, but without the repair box.
I was wondering if it is possible to recover some of the files and stuff on the HD, when the computer is unable to boot.
I have taken out the harddrive from my brother's computer, and put it in to my own computer. When i did that, my own computer asked me if i wanted to run a disk-controll or something like that. After it finished, the computer has freezed like this: Imgur
The text at the bottom says: Controll of usn log complete. It has been like that for almost half an hour now, and i am not sure of what to do.
Answers are much appreciated.

A:Need help to recover files from a "dead" harddrive

Hello haakelv!

What kind of drive is it that your brother has? Brand and model?

The disk controller is plainly said a chip that controls a drive depending on its type – IDE, SCSI etc. It enables the CPU to “communicate” with the HDD.
The USN Journal is connected with the NTFS format and it maintains a record of changes which were made to the volume.

From what I understand by dropping his PC, your brother broke his hard drive's disk controller which nowadays is integrated in the hard drive itself, and evidently inserting the drive in to your system led to a USN Journal scan, which (if I am translating correctly) CHKDSK has checked the USN log, has repaired the USN Journal data flow and completed. But the system has hanged.

In my opinion the drive is too damaged to load, the disk controller is most likely broken, thus the drive can't communicate with the system on a healthy level.

You could plug the drive out, restart your system, plug in the drive again, go in to BIOS to make sure your own disk is at first booting position and see if you could load into your OS and open the drive through My Computer, but I doubt it would work.

You'll have to use a data recovery software or company if you need anything from the drive.

Good luck!

CK_WD

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360818-need-help-recover-files-dead-harddrive.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My computer is having some serious issues.

All kinds of different programs are not working properly. The main thing is Office is not working properly. I am at the point where I just want to reformat my Hard Drive and start fresh.

Before I do, I need to salvage my Outlook file. Is there a place where there is an Outlook file saved that has everything I have in Outlook now. I tried repairing Microsoft Office and now when I open Outlook I get a message saying Outlook is not installed on for the current user. Please fun setup to install the application.

Any ideas?
Thank you

A:No Workability [how to recover "Outlook" files?]

I don't know if this will help you any, but have a look:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=47020

I don't use Outlook or Outlook Express myself -- so I will move this to the Business Applications forum where I think it is best suited.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-workability-how-to-recover-outlook-files.453682/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I recently bought a TB external USB hard disk which became how to "unallocated", 3TB disc Hard recover? suddenly did not want to start When switching on I 3TB Hard disc became "unallocated", how to recover? could here the disk try to start 3TB Hard disc became "unallocated", how to recover? to rotate but it didn't as if the provided power was too 3TB Hard disc became "unallocated", how to recover? weak or so I unscrewed the disk from its housing and put the housing with its S-ATA-to-USB controller aside and plugged the disk - a quot ST DM - CH Seagate Barracuda quot - to a PC cases S-ATA Port now it really started Then as soon as I started the disk manager I was asked to quot activate quot the disk which I did maybe this was a fault Now I have activated the disk but in disk manager there are two partitions showing up now GB unallocated GB unallocated I installed EaseUS Data recovery wizard to my systems hard disk of course and started a recovery search which took about hours I got a complete list of all files that where are on the disk and obviously I can recover all actually I started the recovery to another disk But the complete folder structure would be lost if recovering the files this way all would be saved in one huge folder quot NTFS lost files quot or so This makes this kind of recovery useless for me Now EaseUS is able to save a once done search result and load it later so one only once has to run that time consuming search So I saved the result and interrupted the even much more time consuming recovery At least I know now that the files are all on the disk and also is the folder structure as I was able to see it in EaseUS too Now here is my question Is there any way to recover the former quot TB-one-partition-state quot without destroying the data on the disk And Just for my understanding Why do I see two partitions now Is Windows unable to deal with TB partitions at all This is my setup Normal home desktop self built with GB RAM Quad-Core Ghz no Raid or special stuff Windows Ultimate Thank you very very much for your help I really appreciate it

A:3TB Hard disc became "unallocated", how to recover?

Wait for more comments, but I think your better move would have been to attempt to recover the original partition, rather than immediately try to recover the files.

If that disk originally had a single 3 TB partition, it was initialized as "GPT", not the more commonly found MBR. MBR partitions are limited to 2.2 TB.

That EaseUS tool you have may or may not have partition recovery capability. The standard recommendation on this forum for partition recovery is to use Partition Wizard:

Free download Magic Partition Manager Software, partition magic alternative, free partition magic, partition magic Windows 7 and server partition software - Partition Wizard Online

You might download that tool, but I'd wait for more comments before using it or EaseUS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/331256-3tb-hard-disc-became-unallocated-how-recover.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I dropped my laptop while it was on

after restarting, it only said "Please Wait.."

I tried installing a new hard drive
now, my fan gets really loud, then stops, and I get a screen saying, "All boot options are tried. Press <F4> key to recover."

pressing <F4> only restarts the computer, giving me same instructions.

I've tried booting from a windows 7 CD and USB, but I just get the same message :/

Thanks for any and all help!!!

A:"All boot options are tried. Press <F4> key to recover..."

Hi, first thing to do after a fall is to remove the battery, you can then try to boot from the mains only, you say you replaced the HDD, this would require you reinstall windows on this HDD, why did you do that? It is most likely a fall could have damaged connections the RAM seat would be first, it is important, did you remove the battery before replacing the hdd, as I said this is the first thing you should do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-boot-options-are-tried-press-f4-key-to-recover-909106.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello
I have accidentally deleted something from my registry resulting in missing "add new item" link in all the menu windows (ie. my computer, desktop menu, file directory meny).

Please help

Thank you
Rowani

A:How to Recover missing "Add New Item" from menu

Go to Kelly's Korner, scroll down to line 153 and in the left-hand column, click on "Restore Missing 'New' and Text Doc" to download a small reg file.

Once downloaded, run it according to the directions at the top of the Kelly's Korner page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-recover-missing-add-new-item-from-menu.476346/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/