Windows Support Forum

PC doesn't power off on shutdown

Q: PC doesn't power off on shutdown

Whenever I tell windows to turn off computer everything happens normally: it gives me the windows shutdown screen and the monitor loses input, but the computer never powers down. It sits there fans going indefinitely and the little LEDs I have on my RAM flicker a bit, indicating some form of activity. How do I fix this problem?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC doesn't power off on shutdown

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC doesn't power off on shutdown

Does anyone have a theory at least? I thought it might be some setting I need to change in the BIOS, but I can't find the right one.

Also, if this isn't the right place to post this thread then please direct me to one that is more appropriate.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-doesnt-power-off-on-shutdown-265963.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I m running Windows XP SP a and lately i have noticed that my computer doesn t totally power off after it has shut down Power Down After Shutdown Computer Doesn't successfully What i mean is that i can here a noise coming from within a computer Computer Doesn't Power Down After Shutdown s casing It sounds like power is still running through the system kind of like a faint whining even though the system is off The noise starts when the computer is plugged into a live power source and it stops when i switch off the power from the wall or unplug the computer s cord I have tested my other hardware and none of them make any noise Computer Doesn't Power Down After Shutdown The power ON OFF switch at the back of my computer doesn t help and it s not the fan I can t remember ever hearing this before so i don t know if i am just beginning to notice it the system is years old it s getting louder or if its something i have caused It s not a huge problem but it is noticeable Does anyone know how i can totally power my system down without unplugging it Thanks

A:Computer Doesn't Power Down After Shutdown

try thisPower Down the Computer After Shutdown Attention this is a registry tweak!!!! Back up your registry Please look at this guide How to back up your registry prior to doing so

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84946/computer-doesnt-power-down-after-shutdown/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've had this issue for quite a while with my HP Split x2 now where you'd simply try shutdown Windows, however after it has shutdown you get the blank screen, but it does not power off the machine.

Recently (in the last week) I've had this issue happen to my main computer too which is a custom built PC, either since an update or from an unsafe shutdown, not sure which.

The only fix for this is to turn fast shutdown off which solves the issue on both my laptop (HP Split x2) and my PC. There should be a better fix for this though. So is there some steps I can take to diagnose it or to see if any hybrid files are corrupt or such? I have a feeling it is a hardware issue with my HP Split x2 but it's extremely unlikely that my custom built PC has hardware faults too.

Both machines are running Windows 8.1 Pro.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/63020-hybrid-shutdown-doesnt-power-off-computer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello. I have recently switched from OS from Win98SE to WinXP. The power is no longer automatically turned off after shutdown. I must press the power button by hand to turn it off.
Is this a bug?

A:Power doesn't automatically turned off after shutdown

1: Click - Start - Control Panel - Performance and Maintenance - Power Options
Tab

2: Then click APM - Enable Advanced Power Management Support

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-doesnt-automatically-turned-off-after-shutdown.436133/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi My apologies for asking something which has been asked and answered in many variations but none of which has helped much I have three Win Home Premium x PCs called BoyToy my main PC Salsa and Polka all of which are wired to a D-Link DIR- router I want to wake and shutdown Salsa and Polka from BoyToy using Aquila s WakeOnLan utility which can also control non-Windows PCs or something similar After enabling the BIOS and Win settings I m able to Wake On LAN both computers from BoyToy yeah but I m stuck on the Shutdown side and I ve tried many different combinations of utilities and settings Most recently I ve run Aquila s Listener part of their WOL work? Shutdown Home Prem meant doesn't. WOL Shutdown to works, How's utility on Salsa with its Win firewall turned off and no AV running Listener detects WOL messages sent from BoyToy not surprising since WOL works but it doesn t detect Shutdown messages From Home Prem WOL works, Shutdown doesn't. How's Shutdown meant to work? BoyToy I ve sent the shutdown message to different router addresses and Salsa s address and the results are always the same WOL detected shutdown not I m stuck because I don t even understand how Shutdown is supposed to work in Win I ve found lots of WOL documentation but not for Shutdown I assume it s totally different than WOL since the computer to be shutdown is awake so it has an IP address the Shutdown message contains timer info warning text etc I d really appreciate it if someone could explain to me how Shutdown is supposed to work and if possible what I should do to diagnose and or get it to work I m running everything as an administrator so that shouldn t be a problem--or have I run into a brick wall having Home Premium rather than Ultimate Thanks Audios

A:Home Prem WOL works, Shutdown doesn't. How's Shutdown meant to work?

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Let's try the software that is built into Windows.

Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and click Command Prompt.

Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown dialog box (Shutdown.exe).

Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.

Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart or Shut down.

Source: Restart or Shut Down a Remote Computer and Document the Reason

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279651-home-prem-wol-works-shutdown-doesnt-hows-shutdown-meant-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Hoping someone here can offer some advice I own a Dell Dell amber shutdown on won't random button power power XPS solid studio xps t- that is a couple years old I recently replaced my harddrive and since then don t know if it s a coincidence or not I m having another problem After I installed it the first time my computer went into sleep mode hibernation I couldn t wake it up Power light was Dell XPS random shutdown won't power on solid amber power button flashing white Eventually I shut it down manually and then it wouldn t boot Had a solid amber light no power except the power supply Fans not working I unplugged everything and made sure it was all good Wouldn t start Left it overnight and plugged it in the next morning Started up Worked great for about hours and then just randomly shut down no errors or anything Same deal Wouldn t start amber solid power light Let it sit for awhile reseated everything and wouldn t start Gave up for awhile tried a few hours later and it started I read a few boards pointing to the power supply being bad or not powerful enough However I replaced the power supply about months ago with a Corsair which is plenty power Could still be an issue perhaps but seems odd it would die in that little time I also replaced my graphics card if that matters Finally the last time I checked all the plugs I also took out the board batter for a few minutes to try and quot reset quot things Not sure if that matters either So I m at a loss where to go from here I could replace the power supply and I have read it could be a board issue but I don t know why it would still power up occasionally Any thoughts would be fabulous I need my computer for all jobs and it s creating a huge problem for me Thanks nbsp

A:Dell XPS random shutdown won't power on solid amber power button

Memory can cause the problems you are having. Make sure the memory is seated , Then run a memory program such as memtest on It let it run for a while and see if it shows you any errors.Also check and make sure you are not having a overheating problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-random-shutdown-wont-power-on-solid-amber-power-button.186216/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an ASUS notebook running windows 7 64-bit. I am using the QuietOffice power profile, however the screensaver won't kick in no matter what I do, and the display does not turn off even though I set it to be after 5-minutes of inactivity. I don't know if there is something running in the background... I have turned off my usb wireless mouse, and nothing....

Any ideas?

THanks.

A:HELP: power option doesn't work - screen saver doesn't start!

This is another case of factory bloatware interfering - in this case a useless factory utility overriding Win7's superior built-in version.

Googling the Quiet Office feature of Asus there are multiple reported problems. Best to default to the Win7 built-in Power Options in Control Panel. Set up a Balanced Plan unless you're a gamer then use High Performance.

Here are other tips for cleaning up factory bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144080-help-power-option-doesnt-work-screen-saver-doesnt-start.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey Guys,

I removed the AC Power cable for a split second (battery was 100% at the time) and my computer just shutdown.
I replugged and rebooted and now I've got a "red cross" next to the power icon in my system tray (see attached image)

If I put the mouse over it - it just says "Fully Charged 100%" and shows my current power plan; which is "high performance" and been using it since I got the laptop.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on my HP Pavilion DV5.
Computer's about a year old now.
I've update all my drivers and checked Device manager and there are no errors/warnings for anything battery related.

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed or what the problem might be?

A:"Red Cross" on Power Icon + Shutdown when AC Power removed.

Your laptop is not detecting your battery. Try removing the battery, and putting it back in.

You might have to buy a new battery.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380466/red-cross-on-power-icon-shutdown-when-ac-power-removed/
Relevancy 50.31%

Toshiba Satellite A25-S2792 w/ XP & P4 has greenpower chord is lit and yellow battery light is flashing when power chord is plugged in. After I press the power button, the power chord light changes to yellow, begins flashing and the battery light goes out. Removing the battery gives the same results. Pressing and holding power button down for 20 seconds w/ battery out yields same result as well. Suggestions?

A:A25-S2792 doesn't power up yellow light flashes after pressing power button

The motherboard is bad. Have you tried reseating the memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a25-s2792-doesnt-power-up-yellow-light-flashes-after-pressing-power-button.158750/
Relevancy 50.31%

The system's fan was very loud so I put in a new power supply and then everything booted up fine. Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. It was the Motherboard fan making all the noise.

So, I put the old power supply back in and now the system doesn't power up at all. I checked all connections & I replaced the power cord and tried a different electrical outlet.

I even put the new P/S back in and nothing changed. It still doesn't power up. It's dead!

Any suggestions?

A:My Dell Dimension 4550 won't power up. New P/S, power cord, etc. doesn't help.?

gbsdirect said:

It was the Motherboard fan making all the noiseClick to expand...

Do you mean the CPU fan ?
If so then I wonder if the CPU has been cooked

I would start by dispersing all internal voltage.
Detach the power cord
Press the power button in for 20 seconds
Re=attach the power cord
Try again

If it didn't fix then remove all addons, usb devices really anything attached (except screen and keyboard and power cord)
And try again

If it didn't fix then, confirm all internal connections are secure (even detach the dvd drive{s}

If it didn't fix then try disconnecting all fans (what !) for about 10 secs (turning on) I once had a fan of all things, that stopped my computer from turning on (unbelievable, I know)

Lastly, check the CPU for heat damage !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-dimension-4550-wont-power-up-new-p-s-power-cord-etc-doesnt-help.96398/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having problem with the Shutdown button in XP Pro Sp1, everytime I click on Shutdown, it restart, when I click on restart, it restart , what happen to shut down ?

thanks

A:Shutdown doesn't shutdown

Check out this SITE .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutdown-doesnt-shutdown.238923/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello guys My computer doesn'twant to shutdown Close some program bur nothing happens I already scanned with mcafee adware and spybot and they deleted some rubish besides mcafee couldn't delete New Malware cc Trojan with Iexplorer exe process Here is the hijack log Logfile of PC shutdown want doesn't to Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved PC doesn't want to shutdown at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programas Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Programas Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Programas Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe PC doesn't want to shutdown C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Programas Ficheiros comuns Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Programas Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programas Ficheiros PC doesn't want to shutdown comuns LightScribe LSSrvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA FICHEI mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA FICHEI mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Programas McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Programas McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Programas Intel Wireless Bin OProtSvc exe C Programas Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Programas SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS ATK HControl exe C Programas ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Programas ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C Programas ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Programas ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exe C Programas Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Programas Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe D Programas ASUSTeK ASUSDVD PDVDServ exe C Programas Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS WebCam M M Mnt exe C Programas SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Programas Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exe C WINDOWS system msnmsg exe C windows IEXPLORER EXE C Programas Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Programas Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Programas Morpheus Morpheus exe C Programas Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Programas Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS ATK ATKOSD exe C Programas Messenger msmsgs exe C Programas McAfee MSC mcshell exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC McLgView exe D PROGRA Firefox firefox exe C Programas Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http br rd yahoo com customize ie arch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http br yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http br yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http br rd yahoo com customize ie arch yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http br rd yahoo com customize ie arch yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http br yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http br rd yahoo com customize ie arch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Hiperliga es R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Programas Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Programas Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programas Ficheiros comuns Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Programas SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pc-doesnt-want-to-shutdown-196966.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello guys My computer doesn'twant to shutdown Close some program bur nothing happens I already Want Doesn't Shutdown Pc To scanned with mcafee adware and spybot and they deleted some rubish besides mcafee couldn't delete New Malware cc Trojan with Iexplorer exe process Here is Pc Doesn't Want To Shutdown the hijack logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Programas Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Programas Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Programas Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC Programas Ficheiros comuns Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Programas Ficheiros comuns Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Programas Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Programas Ficheiros comuns LightScribe LSSrvc exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA FICHEI mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA FICHEI mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Programas McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Programas McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC Programas Intel Wireless Bin OProtSvc exeC Programas Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Programas SiteAdvisor SAService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS ATK HControl exeC Programas ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exeC Programas ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exeC Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Programas Ficheiros comuns Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCMTR EXEC Programas ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Programas ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exeC Programas Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Programas Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exeD Programas ASUSTeK ASUSDVD PDVDServ exeC Programas Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS WebCam M M Mnt exeC Programas SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC Programas Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exeC WINDOWS system msnmsg exeC windows IEXPLORER EXEC Programas Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Programas Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exeC Programas Morpheus Morpheus exeC Programas Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exeC Programas Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC WINDOWS ATK ATKOSD exeC Programas Messenger msmsgs exeC Programas McAfee MSC mcshell exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC McLgView exeD PROGRA Firefox firefox exeC Programas Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http br rd yahoo com customize ie defaul earch yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http br yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http br yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http br rd yahoo com customize ie defaul earch yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http br rd yahoo com customize ie defaul earch yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http br yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http br rd yahoo com customize ie defaul earch yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Hiperliga esR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Programas Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Programas Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programas Ficheiros comuns Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Programas SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO bho gr Class - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - D Programas GetRight xx gr dllO - BHO McAntiPhi... Read more

A:Pc Doesn't Want To Shutdown

BAh no one helps me ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117870/pc-doesnt-want-to-shutdown/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi everyone,

there's a pc( hp dc5100 -- os: winxp pro) at work that doesn't shutdown or restart, nothing , when i go to start,shutdown after you click ok it looks like i didn't do anything.. so we never shut the pc down.

any idea anyone to solve this situation?

thank you

Relevancy 46.87%

OS Windows xp sp pro english version doesn't all uses ram WinXP shutdown and Hardware Intel Core Duo GHz ram GB hd GB dell inspiron e Normally when i turn on my laptop after windows starts the ram usage was about mb Memory usage then increased according to the applications i launched and decreased when i stopped them Recently it starts with about mb ram usage and steadily increases with the rate of about mb in - seconds And after a while it uses about GB ram and gives a message like even virtual memory WinXP doesn't shutdown and uses all ram is going to finish shortly it uses all my ram even though i dont launch anything Second problem is that windows does not shut down It tries to shut down i wait a while but it doesnt So i just keep pressing power button in order to shut it down Both of these problems started about days ago I have Eset Smart Security as an antivirus it was not updating itself for about days but today it did I scanned my c drive for viruses it didnt find anything Then i downloaded and installed ad-aware se Updated it and scanned my pc It also didnt find anything beside cookies Then i installed Advanced System Optimizer in order to repair my registry It found some mistakes and repaired it But i still have those problems What should i do nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-doesnt-shutdown-and-uses-all-ram.844340/
Relevancy 46.87%

When I click shutdown it shows the PC shutting down, but then after five seconds it starts itself again and shows me my desktop.

Is there any log file I can take a look at to solve this issue on whats preventing the shutdown?

Running Windows 8.1 64bit, i5-4460, 8GB, GTX 970

Thanks

A:PC doesn't shutdown anymore..

Please provide this information (even though you're not seeing BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582074/pc-doesnt-shutdown-anymore/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys,
I've been seeing a problem with my system's shutdown file. This file, C:\Windows\System32\Shutdown.exe appears to never work whenever I try running it. I need this because during a scan or backup overnight, I like to be able to set a task to turn off the computer at a certain time so it isn't on all night. This issue has been around ever since I got my computer a year ago and not I decided I wanted to figure out what is wrong. I don't have a problem when normally shutting down the computer. I have tried both running as admin and creating my own shutdown.bat file, but no matter what nothing happens; a small window with text shows up for half a second and disappears. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

A:shutdown.exe doesn't work

Hello jetblast96. Welcome to the forum.

Are you using the Task Scheduler to perform this?
Task Scheduler - Create New Task

That is the best way to do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204469-shutdown-exe-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

when i go to shutdown and after it plays the music, says logging off, shutingdown, the screen goes black and it will just sit there. the only way for me to turn my computer is to flip the power supply swicth to off. but my computer seems to run fine.

A:sometimes my computer doesn't shutdown.

Try this out.........
(from http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php)

When Windows XP won’t powerdown automatically, the APM/NT Legacy Power Node may not be enabled. To enable this, right-click on the My Computer icon, click Properties | Hardware | Device Manager | View. Check the box labeled “Show Hidden Devices.” If it’s available on your computer, there will be a red X on the APM/NT Legacy Node. Try enabling it and see if this resolves the powerdown problem (Tip from Terri Stratton). Or, to check the other side of the APM/ACPI coin, open the Power Options applet in Control Panel. If there is an APM tab, make sure the “Enable Advanced Power Management Support” box is checked. (MSKB 313290)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sometimes-my-computer-doesnt-shutdown-94848.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Windows XP Pro for a desktop. The computer doesn't shut down when i go to start turn off computer. Instead, the computer reboots. The only way that i can shut it off is by switching the switch on the back off. Also, I no longer have paint or microsoft games. It's possible that I could have been infected with a virus.

A:Windows Doesn't Shutdown

Hopefully, I can point you in the right direction for the shutdown issue....Please see the following article:Troubleshooting Windows Shutdown ProblemsHope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49691/windows-doesnt-shutdown/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey, I can't shutdown Firefox, it keeps running in the background. Normally I could shut it down using Taskmanager, but the process (firefox.exe) doesn't appear in Taskmanager anymore.
Now when I want to start Firefox I get a message saying "Reboot Firefox: Firefox is already active, but doesn't react. To open a new window first you should close the existing firefox-process, or reboot your system" (translated from Dutch text) .
The problem is that I can't find the running Firefox process and rebooting my system doesn't work either.
I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, but the problem still remains.

I use Windows XP Home Edition SP2 and Firefox 1.5.0.1

Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 46.87%

Sometimes it keeps humming even when I have closed all windows and disconnected from AT&T. The monitor goes off but it doesn't shut off. It is intermittent. Thanks for your help.

Wxcole

Relevancy 46.87%

Every time I want to turn off my computer, the system goes to the blue screen where it says shutting down, but stays there forever and does not shut down.

A:Windows doesn't shutdown

Windows XP Shutdown Troubleshooter - http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php Troubleshoot XP Shutdown Problems (MS) - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029 Troubleshooting Windows Shutdown Problems - http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_...s-Shutdown.html Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289920/windows-doesnt-shutdown/
Relevancy 46.87%

My Windows XP doesn't shutdown when I try to shutdown it. I think it is affected by some malicious software. pls help !

A:Windows XP doesn't shutdown

Hi,

lets check for malware to see if malware cause a problem. 

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
§  Flush DNS
§  Report IE Proxy Settings
§  Reset IE Proxy Settings
§  Report FF Proxy Settings
§  Reset FF Proxy Settings
§  List content of Hosts
§  List IP configuration
§  List Winsock Entries
§  List last 10 Event Viewer log
§  List Installed Programs
§  List Devices
§  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
§  List Minidump Files
§  List Restore Points
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
-------

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
§  Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
§  Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
§  A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
NOTE 1: If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.
NOTE 2: SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.
NOTE 3: If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! Message, restart computer and Security Check should run.
---------------

ESET Online Scanner
§  Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
§  Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
§  Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
§  Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
§  Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
§  Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
o    Remove found threats
o    Scan archives
o    Scan for potentially unsafe applications
o    Enable Anti-Stealth technology
§  Click Start to begin scanning.
§  ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
§  When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
§  Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
§  Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
-------

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.

§  Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
§  At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

o    Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
o    A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.

§  Click Finish.
§  On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
§  After the update completes, on Settings tab, set under Detection and Protection next options: 
1. 'Scan for rootkits'; 
2. Non-Malware Protection, for 'PUP detections', check, '... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582204/windows-xp-doesnt-shutdown/
Relevancy 46.44%

Been having shutdown issues for the last several weeks following some issues Off 7 turn PC Windows Doesn't shutdown i was having with an SSD drive and after a few hours of some hard soul serching in safe mode boots i figured out that its an Nvidia driver that stops the machine from powering down after i hit the shutdown on Windows i've tried reinstalling old drivers as well as the latest ones but i still get the same issue it shuts down and powers off just fine NO PROBLEM when i uninstall the nvidia drivers but the second i load them back into windows i get the same problem again if anyone has any thoughts or solutions i would really apreciate it i've been trying to sort this bloody mess out for weeks or more and finally got it pined to the nvidia drivers Spec is Phenom II X XT GB DDR EVGA GTX Ti's in SLi mode TB RPM HDD ASUS M N TD Motherboard BFG WATT PSU Windows 7 shutdown Doesn't turn Off PC Using Antec DF- case I've done bios settings and cleared the bios completely nothing is overclocked everything is at factory defualts i've tried updating the bios and i've also disabled the SLI mode and nothing effected it and also done several install of windows One last thing it shurts down and turns off perfectly fine in safe mode any help pls would be apreciated PS The IEE host bus controller in device manager tweak doesn't work it doesn't matter if the power saving box is checked or not

A:Windows 7 shutdown Doesn't turn Off PC

Did you ever check for firmware updates for your ssd?

Many of them have functionality updates for their firmware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/176291-windows-7-shutdown-doesnt-turn-off-pc.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a acer aspire -sb laptop I reinstalled windows because it started to get slow at some points so I decided to reinstall windows During the install when ever the computer had to restart the computer froze since it was asking for a restart. doesn't Laptop shutdown or restart I didn t put much attention to the problem and just holed the power button till it shutted down After that i was Laptop doesn't shutdown or restart. able to install it succesfully and than I installed all of the drivers When I restarted the pc to configure all of the drivers the pc wen to the Laptop doesn't shutdown or restart. shutting down screen than the screen shutted down but the power led and the fan was still on From this point the only thing that I can do is force shutdown the computer When I restart the same thing happens the pc shuts down but never turns back on with the power led still turned on I tried to install windows again but the same thing happens everytime I have to restart it freezes I don t have any problems turning on the pc and once its turned on it works perfeclty fine my specs GB DDR RAM GB HDD AMD Radeon HD G AMD Quad-Core A - nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-shutdown-or-restart.1075337/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys,

When I shutdown my Windows 8 PC, it doesn't seem to shutdown, but instead restarts

What could be causing this?

Specs are below,

Thanks

A:Windows 8 doesn't shutdown, but restarts instead?

A couple of things. First, make sure you're using the most recent BIOS for your computer. Second, make sure all your device drivers are the most recent ones for your hardware.

How are you shutting down?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12264-windows-8-doesnt-shutdown-but-restarts-instead.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey all at TSF!

I have been having trouble safely shutting down my Windows XP. This issue started after I formatted my computer. When I click Start > Shutdown, the hourglass symbol displays and I can't do anything but force my computer to shutdown by pressing and holding the power button. Since this wasn't going to work, I created a shutdown shortcut on my desktop. When I click it, everything works fine and it begins to shutdown my computer. However, when it gets to the "Windows is shutting down" screen, it just hangs there forever. I have to force shutdown it or else it won't shutdown.

I really want to get this fixed, and I thank you all in advance.

A:Windows XP Shutdown Doesn't Work

Well you said you "formated" your computer. By that I assume that you reinstalled XP.

Did you install the motherboard (chipset) drivers ?

Is this a desktop or a laptop ?

Post make & model of the computer. (Dell, Gateway, whatever...)

Problems shutting down are either hardware/driver issues or programs that will not shut down like they are supposed to. Sometimes the programs that won't shut down are malware (viruses, etc...) which causes me to wonder why the computer was "reformated" in the first place.

Were you infected before ? You might still be infected. Did you do a low-level format prior to reinstalling XP ?

Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager

click "show hidden devices" and report all flagged devices. Uninstall all flagged devices and report any that do not reinstall normally.

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer

Look up under "Applications" and "System" for error messages that take place during shut-down. Post the full text of each individual error message (not just the label, I want the full description). Event Viewer has a clipboard you can copy this text to, and then paste it somewhere, like in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-shutdown-doesnt-work-411504.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I just built my new computer and whenever I select Start - Shutdown Completely Doesn't System gt Shutdown it does the shutdown process normally but instead of hearing a little quot click quot and having the computer turn off the monitor just loses its signal All of the LED lights in my case are still lit as well as my mouse It doesn t sound like the hard System Doesn't Completely Shutdown drives are being used and my RAM s activity lights show System Doesn't Completely Shutdown that they aren t being used either In this stage when I press the power button on my computer it does nothing same with the reset button I have to flip the I O switch on the power supply to shut it off completely Do you know what the problem could be Mobo Asus A N -SLI Deluxe CPU AMD FX- RAM GB Corsair LLPRO whatever with the activity lights HD WD GB Raptors GPU GeForce GTX Power Supply Antec SmartPower I have used the power supply in the past so I know the problem isn t the power supply There could be something in the BIOS that I have missed about standby maybe The power button on the case works fine once the computer is off as well as the reset button so I don t think I plugged in those plugs for the switches on the case upside down or anything nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I use a shortcut to put my computer on a shutdown timer if I don't happen to need to use it..
The two shortcuts I use are
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 7200
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -a

Perviously, when I had the 2 hour countdown going, a window came up saying "windows is shutting down in xx:xx", and it went away when I ran the -a command.

Now I have no window. It isn't hurting me, just annoying. Either of the commands however work. I'm wondering why I don't have a countdown window anymore :\

*anymore as in I reinstalled windows and just copied the shortcut over.

A:shutdown.exe doesn't display a countdown

Your profile says your OS is Windows 7 but this forum is for Windows XP users only ??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shutdown-exe-doesnt-display-a-countdown-561890.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I am using Lenevo Ideapad S210 Laptop It has Windows 8,When I Shutdown by pressing "SHUTDOWN" option in Windows 8, It doesn't shutdown Laptop, processor remains on then I press Power button which is on Laptop keyboard.I am doing this since last 8 days..Please help to solve this problem.
Thanks
Amit

A:Winows 8 Doesn't Shutdown Propely

Good day Amitley, I am not a expert but I'll try give you some help.
1. Please fill your system specs in your profile so this way it will help the most advance members to help you.
2. How long did you at the most wait before to pressing shutdown?
3. Did you install any new program then will run in the background?

The raison I ask is few months ago I had problems at the shutdown too. Laptop was taking 4-6 min to final shutdown. When I was in airplane mode it was not doing it. I find my problems then the driver of my Bluetooth was not the last version.

I would like to help you more but I am leaning myself
St?phane

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59681-winows-8-doesnt-shutdown-propely.html
Relevancy 46.44%

When I remote to a powerdown. the shutdown doesn't Using shortcut PC using the shutdown shortcut C shutdown quot PCname quot c y t It doesn t power Using the shutdown shortcut doesn't powerdown. down the PC it just displays quot It s safe to power down Using the shutdown shortcut doesn't powerdown. your PC quot At this point I need to have someone hold in the power button to power off I need it to power off so I can restart it later This is Using the shutdown shortcut doesn't powerdown. my System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name USW C System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP d CMT DC AV System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version B v Windows Directory C WINNT System Directory C WINNT system Boot Device Device Harddisk Partition Locale United States User Name TAX-MS LByers Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory KB Available Physical Memory KB Total Virtual Memory KB Available Virtual Memory KB Page File Space KB Page File C pagefile sys I checked in my registry and the powerdownaftershutdown is set to I checked in my bios and the power options are enabled Any ideas nbsp

A:Using the shutdown shortcut doesn't powerdown.

PS: this option works fine on Dell Optiplex GX1 systems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-the-shutdown-shortcut-doesnt-powerdown.310501/
Relevancy 46.44%

When Vista Ultimate is shut down, all input is lost including changes, additions to the Desktop. Should I do a re-install (original disc, no service pacs), or another solution? Maybe go onwards with W7 ($$$) - if W7, should I do upgrade or clean install - re-format HD? If W7 and clean install, can I use upgrade package (is it actually a 'full' package) and use previous Vista disc as reference (insert disc when asked as in some previous versions)?
Thanks for any help.

A:Help - Vista doesn't save on shutdown

Can you be a little more detailed in your description?
Exactly what isn't it saving at shutdown
New documents, old documents, settings??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290551/help-vista-doesnt-save-on-shutdown/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello. I have HP pavilion p045tx. Recently I upgraded to windows 10 update (64bit). When I shut down my laptop, the screen turns off but the power button light, fan etc still keeps on running. Previously I was running windows 8.1 home edition. I didn't face any sort of problem like this. Please give me solution what to do.

A:Shutdown doesn't shuts off the laptop in Windows 10 (64 bit)...

Hi there @amisudiptasen?Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your system is not shutting down properly after installing Windows 10. I am happy to help with this. Under Power Options, go to Choose what the power buttons do   and under the Power and sleep button settings make sure that the When I press the power button down down action is set to " Shut down ". Also on the same screen under Shutdown settings Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) See this youtube video also showing how to do that. How to fix windows 10 shut down problem  Let me know if this helps. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Shutdown-doesn-t-shuts-off-the-laptop-in-Windows-10-64-bit/td-p/5177713
Relevancy 46.01%

When I shutdown my computer my display turns off, so I am guessing that my graphics card shuts down, but nothing else shuts down, and I am forced to manually shutdown. I have tried to clear CMOS, as I have had this problem before and fixed it for a while by reverting back to default BIOS settings because I had an overclock, but it has come back again.

A:On shutdown, display turns off but computer doesn't

Maybe this is the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/346903-shutdown-display-turns-off-but-computer-doesnt.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Every time I shutdown or restart my computer, the touchpad scroll settings stop working. I have to manually go into the control panel and turn it off and back on. The touchpad itself works fine; it's just vertical and horizontal scroll that doesn't work. Is there a driver or something I can download to fix this? Thanks!

A:Touchpad scroll doesn't work after shutdown or res...

tnhaswell wrote:Every time I shutdown or restart my computer, the touchpad scroll settings stop working. I have to manually go into the control panel and turn it off and back on. The touchpad itself works fine; it's just vertical and horizontal scroll that doesn't work. Is there a driver or something I can download to fix this? Thanks!  Hello, Try this link to obtian the drivers you need  http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers Joe

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Touchpad-scroll-doesn-t-work-after-shutdown-or-restart/td-p/333005/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.01%

I have Windows XP Pro, SP2
When I select <Start> <Turn off computer>
the Turn of Computer window comes up and the center icon <Turn Off> has a small Windows icon at the top right corner. When I click on the icon windows attempts to install the update, but when I turn the system back on the update hasn't installed.

I've had this issue for a week or so.

The windowsupdate.log file is too large to post.

A:Windows Update doesn't install at Shutdown

What is the update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-doesnt-install-at-shutdown.803255/
Relevancy 46.01%

Every time I shutdown or restart my computer, the touchpad scroll settings stop working. I have to manually go into the control panel and turn it off and back on. The touchpad itself works fine; it's just vertical and horizontal scroll that doesn't work. Is there a driver or something I can download to fix this? Thanks!

A:Touchpad scroll doesn't work after shutdown or res...

tnhaswell wrote:Every time I shutdown or restart my computer, the touchpad scroll settings stop working. I have to manually go into the control panel and turn it off and back on. The touchpad itself works fine; it's just vertical and horizontal scroll that doesn't work. Is there a driver or something I can download to fix this? Thanks!  Hello, Try this link to obtian the drivers you need  http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers Joe

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Touchpad-scroll-doesn-t-work-after-shutdown-or-restart/td-p/333005
Relevancy 46.01%

I set my wife's Win 7 laptop to do an automatic, full image backup at 11pm every night, sending the
mirror image to an external drive.
The problem that occurs is two-fold. Firstly, if the laptop goes into "sleep mode" the backup doesn't start,
secondly, if it does start and complete, the "shutdown" I created via "scheduled tasks" doesn't execute.
I have the same setup on my laptop running Win/XP pro and it works perfectly.
Any ideas why it won't work on Win 7?. Also, how do I eliminate the start up screen that requires
one to select the user name to start the desktop on Win 7?

A:Solved: Auto shutdown doesn't work on Win 7

Do a clean boot and see if it works.
To do a clean boot
GO to start>run>msconfig>Services tab and disable all services and hide Microsoft services. Under Startup tab, click on the disable all button. Click on apply and ok and then restart computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-auto-shutdown-doesnt-work-on-win-7.967442/
Relevancy 46.01%

I formatted my laptop and I think I downloaded the necessary drives and the updates for XP. But, my laptop doesn't restart or shutdown.

Please help. I am a student and my school starts in less than a month and I really need this laptop to function properly for one more year.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pleae-help-laptop-doesnt-restart-and-shutdown-269602.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When the Windows XP Pro shutdown options dialog box appears and i choose "Turn Off" my computer does nothing. litterally nothing, i came back 2 hrs. later and my computer still hadn't turned off. What's wrong?

-Gabe V.

A:My computer doesn't respond to Windows Shutdown

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-doesnt-respond-to-windows-shutdown-7167.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently my PSU decided to die and refused to turn on I have since down power shutdown won't PC on replaced it but am experiencing problems at shutdown The monitor and hard drive power down as usal however the CPU fan and case fans continue to spin When I reinstalled windows before gfx drivers were installed I noticed the computer whould freeze at the shoutdown screen PC won't power down on shutdown and after the drivers were installed would repeat the first problem I mentioned I have since been changing the parts I can and have experienced the same problem with a PC won't power down on shutdown different graphics card and hard drive This leads me to believe it could be a mobo problem Specs are AsRock b M i Gainward GTX WD Caviar Black GB Silverstone Strider Plus W GB GSKill Ripjaws Mhz All the parts PC won't power down on shutdown with the exception of the hard drive are weeks or less old The PSU was purchased after the inital one failed I have ran Memtest for hours with no errors and Prime for with no errors The computer runs fine as far as I can tell until shutdown Any advice on what my next move should be is appreciated Cheers Pinnacle nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-power-down-on-shutdown.183500/
Relevancy 45.58%

My computer will not power up after shut down.

Nothing, no beeps, power lights, no fan , zilch....

I get it on by removing something and puting it back in like the RAM or wertical card the LAN board plugs into and sometimes even thats does'nt help. I can get lucky and when it one it will run until I shut it down because it might lock up every now and again being in the net..but it will still run for days or weeks without being shut down if I let it..

I think it could be a virus in the CMOS ROM and needs re-flashing if it is a re-programable chip..

or

the power supply is faulty...

Am I looking in the wrong direction..

NEC Mate MA90H

Thanks..

A:No power after shutdown ?

See what some others say, but I think you are on the right path by suspecting your PSU. Do you by chance have another one you can test in there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-after-shutdown.46919/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently installed windows 8 on my rig and I have the following problems

1) When I press shutdown, the screen dims, but the computer is still on. I have to do it manually and when it starts back up, it doesn't complain about improper shutdown.
2) All of my videos freeze. Whether it's flash based, Media player classic, Windows media players, etc. They freeze the whole program and I have to either use end task, or wait for several minutes.
I am running nVidia's latest drivers that are made for windows 8 (version 285.16)
My system has
MSI N9600GT 512M OC GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI
DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor
I have no clue what's causing this.

A:all videos keep freezing and the shutdown feature doesn't work

Sounds like a codec problem... that is, if you're running video codecs that aren't native to Windows.
And as far as the shutdown thing goes, just use Alt+F4 from the desktop until that gets fixed.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/2948-all-videos-keep-freezing-shutdown-feature-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey everyone. Occasionally, I'd say about once out of every five times I attempt to shut my computer down, it will hang after the "Windows is shutting down..." screen goes away. It will just stay there, won't shut down. I'm pretty sure it's a driver conflict. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-media-edition-hangs-doesnt-shutdown.403684/
Relevancy 45.58%

For some reason starting last Tuesday my computer sometimes freezes or doesn't open any programs Even if it freezes the cursor can still be moved and the CAPS LOCK responds It also sometimes allows me to open the start screen this is Windows and click shutdown but it doesn't shutdown and stays on and all I can do is open and close the start screen I have to force it off anytime this happens I have tried the following to fix it It is in chronological order Run a scan for the entire drive with both Windows Defender MSE for Windows and MBAM Uninstall an program that I thought was causing the issue Disabled all startup programs that I don't need Do a system restore to a point without the issue Did or half shutdown doesn't Laptop time freezes of the and again since it was undone because of the system restore Run sfc verifyonly multiple times I used verifyonly instead of scannow in case it finds anything and tries to fix it since I didn't have the time and it didn't find anything Update the drivers and preinstalled LG software with the official LG Update Center program more details about it here Drivers Install without restart I did lightly bump the monitor lid part into the wall on Monday or Tuesday but I'm sure the monitor is fine and SSDs shouldn't take damage from a very slight force and I also checked the health of the SSDs

A:Laptop freezes or doesn't shutdown half of the time

Is there anything I can please do to try and fix it? I really want to get it fixed quick. Also, should I not use the computer while this problem is still here because the forced shutdowns can be bad to the hardware?
Maybe it's overheating from me playing Minecraft on the weekends and Friday on this ultrabook with only tiny fans as when playing it, the fans do go fast sometimes? The fan did spin a little faster than usual for one second every startup when the problem started but after doing the steps I have done, it stopped doing that. Thanks for helping.
Update 1: Tried sfc /verifyonly again but it freezed at the message that it didn't find any integrity violations and the little command prompt bar kept blinking and be never showed C:\Windows\System32> again. So I thought it was frozen so I closed it. I tried opening the Start Screen and it wouldn't open so I know it is frozen. The action center flag icon was showing that maintenance is in progress with the clock next to the flag icon. Before I tried to open the Start Screen, for some reason, I was able to hover over the flag and it showed the little message of "maintenance in progress."
Update 2: It unfreeze for some reason after some minutes. And I opened the Start Screen and shutdown worked. The action center flag still had the clock and said it was still doing maintenance but it seemed to be doing nothing so I shutdown.
Update 3: I tried turning it on again and login took a while and the desktop appeared with no icons. Maybe when it freezes, something is just not responding and the system is still working? I tried turning on again and the fan burst speed for a second and went back to normal. It shutdown correctly this time though.

I also tried DISM to check health before and nothing corrupted was found.

Almost 150 views and still no one? Please help. Sorry if I sound like I'm begging, but I am really desperate. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366185-laptop-freezes-doesnt-shutdown-half-time.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ever since I did something with my drivers things have been going haywire Here's a list of a few things that I have had issues with sometimes when i'm using a speech application like skype or discord sounds on my desktop are picked up through my mic even though i'm using a headset my computer's automatic maintenance starts up at the most random times and it never seems to end and whenever I shutdown hibernate or put my computer to sleep my screen powers off but my fan power button light and mouse lighting are still on the fan is running as well but it's at a slower and quieter speed All my drivers are updated and so is my BIOS My guess is that the BIOS update may have caused things to go haywire in my computer Can anyone please hibernate, doesn't Laptop and shutdown. sleep, fully help me solve this issue I have to resort to pressing the power button to make my computer turn off or go to sleep nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-doesn-t-fully-hibernate-sleep-and-shutdown/td-p/5621087
Relevancy 45.58%

So I've tried to shutdown my PC 2 days ago with the shutdown key in the settings menu (or windows menu because I'm using Start8) and it doesn't work, same for restart, sleep and all that option, so what to do?

A:Shutdown/Restart from windows menu doesn't work

Try turning fast startup off: Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21828-shutdown-restart-windows-menu-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 45.58%

After I upgrade my HP -n TX laptop to windows it doesn't shutdown properly It shutdown nbsp propely after working - minutes but it doesn't shutdown properly after working more than properly laptop to shutdown upgrading HP after windo... doesn't minutes- HP laptop doesn't shutdown properly after upgrading to windo... hour nbsp When I shutdown the laptop screen turns off but fan power button light and f key nbsp light do not turn off nbsp Then I went to Power Options gt Choose what the power button does gt Change settings that are currently unavailable gt UNCHECKED Turn on fast startup But still problem hasn't nbsp solved nbsp As well as sleep mode in my laptop doesn't work properly When I go to sleep mode screen turns off nbsp and rest works But the laptop won't wake up again though I press a key At that time I have to press amp hold nbsp the power button untill laptop shutdown I have to do the same when my laptop doesn't shutdown properly This problem occur even in windows What's the solution for this problem

A:HP laptop doesn't shutdown properly after upgrading to windo...

Hi, Try the following. Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane. In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and restart the notebook. When windows has reloaded, download the IMEI driver directly from Intel on the following link, unzip the package and run the installer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26127/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NU... When the installation has completed, restart the notebook. When the machine has reloaded, re-enable Fast Start-up and reboot the notebook once again - let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-laptop-doesn-t-shutdown-properly-after-upgrading-to/td-p/5796662
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I perfomed a clean windows 7 install on a dell latitude 820.

The stange thing is that if I press the shutdown button, windows seems to shut down but after the screen turns black the power an bluetooth lights keep burning.

I see no further activity on the laptop.

Anyone seen this before and know a solution?

Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop doesn't shutdown after clean Windows 7 install

Quote: Originally Posted by John14

Hello,

I perfomed a clean windows 7 install on a dell latitude 820.

The stange thing is that if I press the shutdown button, windows seems to shut down but after the screen turns black the power an bluetooth lights keep burning.

I see no further activity on the laptop.

Anyone seen this before and know a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Probably going into sleep
Go to Control Panel>Power Options>(on the top left)Change what power buttons do

Is it set to Shutdown?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/59172-laptop-doesnt-shutdown-after-clean-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Issue is that after shutdown the system does not turn off. Fans still spin lights stay on cdrom still opens and closes.

Have updated BIOS, Changed power settings within Win8.1.

Changed out PSU for an EVGA 650W Gold PSU from my system and starts up and shuts down without an iussue. So i think Thermaltake PSU stuffed.

Exchanged Thermatake PSU for a new one from shop where I purchased it and put into system only to have this same issue.

So is it possible that the two thermaltake PSU are duds or cut my losses and chuck in a 750W PSU?

Any help would be appreciated.

ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz 6MB
Gigabyte N970-G1-GAMING-4GD 4G GTX 970 G1 Gaming PCI-E VGA Card
Thermaltake PS-TPD Toughpower 1000W 80 Gold PSU PSU

Relevancy 44.72%

i bought this laptop 6 months back and it was all working perfectly with Windows 8.1 until I upgraded it to Windows 10. When i shut it down everything turns off except for the power light and it keeps on forever. In order to turn the light off i have to press and hold power button for around 6-7 seconds and then it turns off. i tried updating the bios with windows bios because Windows 10 BIOS is not available for my pc. Please help, i will be grateful. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Power LED stays on after SHUTDOWN

Install the Windows 10  Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver and the Intel Management Engine Interface  driver from the web suport download page for your notebook. Install the NVIDIA graphics driver.http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72048.exe Is the following notebook what you have?If so, it has switchable graphics according to the specs.http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04499377.pdf 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Power-LED-stays-on-after-SHUTDOWN/td-p/5261508
Relevancy 44.72%

Windows XPHE GHz Intel Pentium MB PC SDRAM GB NVidia Riva TNT M mb AGP X G M MB AGP X mhz kbps Via Rev or later USB UHC Modem Intel HaM problem Shutdown/Power-off Data Fax Voice I E version xpsp - and Mozilla Firefox AVG ZoneAlarm Spybot S Shutdown/Power-off problem amp D Ad-aware RegScrub XP I have two printers connected to my system The newer one Lexmark X all-in-one scan copy fax print is connected via a USB port Since day one when this printer is connected windows hangs at shutdown I see the Windows is shutting down message and then the cursor freezes on the screen Whenever the USB cable to the printer is disconnect Windows will shut down and the system powers-off normally With the cable connected it does shut down power-off in Safe Mode I have SP and all updates installed I ve disabled Power Management in the Root Hubs Have searched MSKB and tried numerous suggestions but have not pinpointed a cure I have not changed any BIOS CMOS settings I have recently updated printer modem and VIA in drivers but it hasn t helped I even downloaded a program which was supposed to force a shutdown but it wouldn t I like using this printer but it is annoying to have to disconnect the USB cable before each shutdown Anyone else ever experienced this same problem P S I have identified two unsigned drivers NVIDIA RIVA TNT M Intel HaM Data Fax Voice but don t know how to acquire signed ones Could one of these be causing the problem nbsp

A:Shutdown/Power-off problem

Check this,it may help:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/close_applications_not_responding_at_shutdown.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutdown-power-off-problem.294550/
Relevancy 44.72%

this hp run windows 10 the problem is every day when i shutdown everything is normal but when the laptop is of the power light still on and i dont know how to fix it  i've done everything and nothing works

A:Power Light On after shutdown

Hi, Try the following. Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane. In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and restart the notebook. When windows has reloaded, download the IMEI driver directly from Intel on the following link, unzip the package and run the installer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26127/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NU... When the installation has completed, restart the notebook. When the machine has reloaded, re-enable Fast Start-up and reboot the notebook once again - let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-Light-On-after-shutdown/td-p/5826913
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm currently experiencing problems with my computer shutting down all of a sudden. Mostly this occurs when playing various online games that don't have high system requirements, maybe 256 ram,800mhz processor and 64-128meg video card. I have 1gig ram, 3ghz processor, and a 128 meg video card. This morning i swapped my ram with another computer i have and comp doesn't seem to be shutting down anymore but when i try to restart my comp it will log out of windows then just hang, which it did sometimes as well before swapping ram sticks. If anyone has a suggestion i'd appreciate it

A:Computer power shutdown

Oh ya and i'm also running Windows XP SP3 if that helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-power-shutdown-353300.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Evening everyone, - Great site
I have a PII from Quantex which has been shutting down unexpectedly. When I would re-start, everything would be fine, then after about 20 minutes, shutdown. First thought was power supply or overheating, so I swapped out PS (fan was siezed) and on the reboot, it recognized the HD but then hangs after it lists the HD specs. I have tried all of the connections, different PS, opened case for ventalation, but nothing works. Any ideas before I make the leap it is a fried motherboard? Thanks for your assistance.

Relevancy 44.72%

Thats what happened, the machine counted own from 30, then shut down, and that was it. Now I get no power from the power supply, or the power button. HELP!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/countdown-shutdown-no-more-power.398129/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just made a usb LED light for my computer's case, and as I did not have a spare molex connector to be torn apart, I decided to make it usb powered. So when I'm done, I shut down, only to find that the light is still on. Does anyone know how to disable power to the usb ports after the computer is shut down? I've looked through the bios for an option, but have not found anything promising.

A:Disabling USB Power After Shutdown

You can find them available at any computer shop

Y Molex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-usb-power-after-shutdown.124195/
Relevancy 44.72%

Win 7 Pro 64bit. APC UPS using Powerchute software.

I've got a dedicated computer running video management software for an IP camera system. I have the computer bios and software configured so that when the house power goes off, and then returns, the computer will boot up and go directly into the video management software where it will restart camera monitoring. All works fine in this scenario.

Now the problem comes when I use my APC UPS. The Powerchute software automatically shuts the computer down after 3 min of power outage. When the power returns the computer boots up but stops at the "camera system locked" "switch user" screen.

This means I have to manually click icon to get to video management. Can anyone help me get past this screen on powerup so I can use my UPS and still get camera system back up automatically?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386218-recovering-power-shutdown.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello good ppl of this forum!

I'm looking for a way to automatically shutdown PC at midnight and turn it back on at 16h during work days (while I'm at work). Is there a way to do that in the built-in scheduler or is there an app for that?

Weekends are fine as they are now, I'm looking only for the solution for workdays..

Cheers!

A:How to set automatic shutdown and power on

The shutdown can be done with the Scheduler, have it launch at midnight and do a shutdown /s /f /t 0.

No idea on the power on though, maybe a BIOS setting.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/53689-how-set-automatic-shutdown-power.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi problem down / Shutdown Power everyone I have windows on my C drive and XP on my D drive and would like to keep things this way if I can Shutdown / Power down problem I use XP mostly and when I come to shut it down it takes me through to quot It is now safe to turn off your computer quot and Shutdown / Power down problem then I have to manually turn the power off What I would like to know is how to get XP to go one step further and completely shut down power down Shutdown / Power down problem the computer without having to physically turn the power off Is there a way for both C drive and D drive to be able to go all the way with the shut down power down process I did a search through the forum and couldn t find this specific question which doesn t mean it s not there just that Im a bit confused with exaclty what I am asking Hope this makes sense Any help will be greatly appreciated Glenn nbsp

A:Shutdown / Power down problem

glenny said:

Hi everyone

I have windows 95 on my C drive and XP on my D drive and would like to keep things this way if I can.

I use XP mostly and when I come to shut it down it takes me through to "It is now safe to turn off your computer" and then I have to manually turn the power off.

What I would like to know is how to get XP to go one step further and completely shut down/power down the computer without having to physically turn the power off . Is there a way for both C drive and D drive to be able to go all the way with the shut down / power down process?

I did a search through the forum and couldn't find this specific question, which doesn't mean it's not there just that Im a bit confused with exaclty what I am asking Hope this makes sense

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

GlennClick to expand...
How old is the machine?| If BIOS doesn't support ACPI, it may not be possible to set the shutdown to power of.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutdown-power-down-problem.882635/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm using my computer last night and suddenly, without warning, it shutdown instantaneously. I tried to power it back on, but it is dead and will not power up at all. The power supply is new (about a month old) so I thought maybe I had a bad PSU. I swapped it with a known good PSU but that did not solve the problem. The only clue is that if I turn the PSU on, then push the power button on the PC, after 5 - 10 seconds I get a quick burst of power (the cooling fan turns about half a turn) and that's it. If this is not the PSU, I don't know what it is. Any ideas?

Relevancy 44.72%

My HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360 has been running perfectly on Windows 8.1 for the last 7 months, however it doesn't shutdown anymore since Windows 10 upgrade. I can clearly hear the computer is still on as it now goes into some sort of sleep mode, but it doesn't wake up -- it is "stuck" between a shutdown and sleep mode. It forces me to have to hold down the power button and manuly turn it off -- this is not good for the OS or the hard drive! I have tried shutting it down 5 different ways, including a custom batch file, all to no avail.  Please tell me how I can turn my computer off correctly and completely. Perhaps there is an update to the BIOS or chipset update available to let it know to shutdown? Thank you for your help, in advance. 

A:HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360 doesn't shutdown anymore since Window...

Hello @telltheworld?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about the Sleep Mode issue, and wanted to assist you! First, try shutting off the Fast Startup option.  Please review the following resource to help you, if needed: Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Also, try downloading and running the Windows Update Troubleshooter.  You can find it here:Open the Windows Update troubleshooter If you are still having trouble, then you can try using the Go back to an earlier build option, in your System Settings: HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10Once you are back to your original Operating System, check to see if you are experiencing the same issue. If not, then you may consider holding off on the Windows 10 upgrade for a few weeks, until drivers can be updated. Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.Regards!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-ENVY-15-u010dx-x360-doesn-t-shutdown-anymore-since/td-p/5191829
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello Laptop doesn't shutdown/hibernate/restart (HP) after windows update Yesterday I downloaded three Laptop (HP) doesn't shutdown/hibernate/restart after windows update windows updates from the prompt and ever since haven't been able to get the laptop to shutdown hibernate or restart I even tried to force shutdown by pressing down the power button but nothing happened Then I let the battery drain hoping after I switch it on after plugging it it would be fine The laptop resumed and again refused to shutdown I browsed the HP Support website and it recommended a BIOS update The BIOS update requires the model amp serial number of the laptop which I couldn't find anywhere there's no sticker carrying product info on the back so the info might be found behind the battery compartment or the battery I do not know if it's safe to extract the battery with this issue lingering How do I proceed Is there an alternate way to know what in the name of God is going on And also the window quot Restart your computer to finish installing important updates quot keeps cropping up and nothing happens when I click the 'Restart Now' option

A:Laptop (HP) doesn't shutdown/hibernate/restart after windows update

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
I would not remove the battery
See if you can enter sfc/ scannow from command prompt I believe Option 2
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

What is your antivirus program installed ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367369-laptop-hp-doesnt-shutdown-hibernate-restart-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 44.72%

TL DR version XBox controller when connected makes sound but doesn't function and further connection disconnection doesn't makes system sound and also prevents shutting down How can I solve this In the mean time I will uninstall the driver the best I can Long winded version When I tried to install dual boot a Linux that I wasn't doing the first time I accidentally deleted my Windows partition instead of partition the free space left and needed to restart the whole installation of my Windows from scratch The irony is that I was able to install everything I needed during one weekend the 360 XBox shutdown work controller connected, and when doesn't prevents way I wanted id but since I've wiped my Windows partition last month I still didn't quite installed everything back the way I wanted it One plus side is that NVidia Geforce Experience is not telling me that it has run out of drive space anymore I have in this Desktop PC two drives one SSD with GB partition for Windows and a TB HDD with TB for Windows data After Windows installed I went in to Audit mode and configured the Users and ProgramData folders to be on the TB HDD and XBox 360 controller doesn't work when connected, and prevents shutdown later made Symlinks to these folders on the C partition so even programs that can't comprehend the ProgramData and Users folders being on a XBox 360 controller doesn't work when connected, and prevents shutdown different partition can work as I would like them to I do not wish to debate whether it is a correct way of using Windows or not With XBox 360 controller doesn't work when connected, and prevents shutdown great care this time I was able to install Windows to my liking and fairly stable with one exception I don't know where to go next with I have an XBox Wired Controller that I could use receantly with the only limitation that my controller should have been plugged in before I logged in or else Windows tried to install the controller and afterward it could not shut down either Connecting the controller made the device connected sound but neither disconnecting and reconnecting made any system sound in the same session not even to different USB port It is still possible to connect other devices in this state In the same session that I've connected the controller if I try to shut down or restart Windows it never goes beyond the point of the quot Shutdown quot message and always have to shut it down by force In an attempt to fix this issue I've tried to go in to safe mode and uninstall the driver then install it again but I was only able to make things worse that the controller doesn't work in any condition and prevents it from shutting down if it was connected Thinking of what could cause the problem I've installed few other programs that I've installed just before the problem occurred Unified Remote is one known source of issue regarding game controller however I didn't installed it's gaming driver on purpose because they even tell you about its flaw in the installer I've already uninstalled that but as of writing this post I see that a driver related to it still there The other one that I've installed before the problem occurred is VirtualBox and BOINC manager I have trouble see how BOINC manager it self could cause trouble with the game controller but I can see how VirtualBox could be the culprit I don't remember any other software I've installed at the time I do not wish to yet again reinstall Windows as it is really a tedious work and don't have the time energy and motivation to do so and also saved it from a potential crash Though I would not facing this problem if I did not wipe my Windows partition in the first place The game controller otherwise work Can you help me I'll try a few things that I can think of but none of them I'm too sure about would work I'll look up the event log but for now probably I'll try to remove the XBox controller driver

A:XBox 360 controller doesn't work when connected, and prevents shutdown

I would uninstall the device and the driver and check to see if there is a updated version of the driver for that device. Give that shot and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368159-xbox-360-controller-doesnt-work-when-connected-prevents-shutdown.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm little apprehensive about recurrent force power shutdown I had to do during past one week in my lappy. First, I had to do it while the whole system got stuck up following Prime95 stability scan when I customised blend settings for CPU 100% load along with 92% memory usage. Next time it was when the system freezed following CoreTemp startup (when I researched it through forums i could notice that the freezing issue is a bug in their latest version still persisting while running on win 8.1 OS). The last one was when I had to do when while shutting down normally I unplugged the usb connection from the port and system remained 'on' for unusually long time while screen had already turned off.
This all happened in the past week. I had bought this system just 2 months back. Could anyone tell me if there is anything to worry about or give some advice regarding it?

A:any harm in doing a force power shutdown?

This has been discussed on here before just recently.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47597-any-harm-doing-force-power-shutdown.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey everyone New to the forum and have a situation here I built a rig but the problem I am having is whenever I play certain games ie Prototype L D GRID the computer would most of power Random back then on shutdown the time in random places shut down Random shutdown then power back on completely as if someone held the power button and then about Random shutdown then power back on - seconds later power back up and do the normal Random shutdown then power back on load The thing is that it does the exact same thing when I change the RAM setting in BIOS I have the option on picking the speed and etc And when I change the RAM speed and click F to save and exit shuts down and then powers back up not a normal restart all the fans etc stop running And that only happens with the ram speed I can change ANYTHING else in the BIOS and that will not happen I did a memtest on the ram each stick separately and did about - passes on each no errors I am stumped I have been in contact with ASUS and so far no one was able to tell me anything My mobo is an ASUS P T WS Revolution and I am using CORSAIR XMS DDR SDRAM DDR PC full name from newegg CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR X G C It does that on some games but games like Crysis for example everything on high and no problem But on Prototype there is one specific area where it will shutdown few seconds before getting to it or a few seconds after In L D its random might not happen for a week might happen a few times an hour so ANY help would be much much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shutdown-then-power-back-on.916117/
Relevancy 44.29%

My old toshiba satellite works good when plugged in but will shut down at about 25% on battery power, disregarding power scheme management in place. Any ideas out there how about how to troubleshoot this problem?

A:Random shutdown on battery power

Hi, sounds like a dud battery.

Bill.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shutdown-on-battery-power.759803/
Relevancy 44.29%

After looking around the internet I ve noticed this problem is quite common but As long as I am not playing a game my computer runs fine for hours this Critical Error only occurs when I m running a game usually after few minutes Most solutions suggested reinstalling audio driver making sure there is only one Well I only have one it s up to date with one audio device running and was reinstalled a couple of shutdown 41 63 Sudden Power Kernel days Sudden shutdown Kernel Power 41 63 ago It occurs in pretty much every game but the times before it happens varies for example Bad Company runs for about minutes where Just Cause and Team Fortress run up to about an hour Critical error is always the same and always a shutdown even though Sudden shutdown Kernel Power 41 63 Restart On System Failure is unchecked Here is the entire error BODY font x-small Verdana margin-right em c cursor hand b color red font-family Courier New font-weight bold text-decoration none e margin-left em text-indent - em margin-right em k margin-left em text-indent - em margin-right em t color xt color ns color red dt color green m color blue tx font-weight bold db text-indent px margin-left em margin-top px margin-bottom px padding-left em border-left px solid CCCCCC font small Courier di font small Courier d color blue pi color blue cb text-indent px margin-left em margin-top px margin-bottom px padding-left em font small Courier color ci font small Courier color PRE margin px display inline - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Rob-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Also attached is my dxdiag I ve ran RAM diagnostic and it found no faults after thorough checks I did run the System file checker from CMD cannot quite remember the command now and it showed returned no faults Thank you and I am looking forward to possible solutions Also this BSOD generates no minidumps which I assume is because of Event Data returning zeros I recall no software or hardware changes before the error I did get an additional gb of RAM last week but the errors were happening before that too nbsp

A:Sudden shutdown Kernel Power 41 63

People PLEASE I need help on this I've tried everything I could possibly think of. I am extremely short on money so I have to be absolutely sure what to buy if it's a hardware issue. I need to find out what's causing this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sudden-shutdown-kernel-power-41-63.920075/
Relevancy 44.29%

Power light stays on after shutdown after recent Windows update. Have to manually power off every time.most frustrating.

A:Power switch stays on after shutdown

Hi, Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Power-switch-stays-on-after-shutdown/td-p/5818530
Relevancy 44.29%

I made a live windows external hard drive and it went successful and the shutdown that time went perfectly fine. After that, i tried to install Avira but the setup just hangs so i removed it and it did not leave any file of it and the same goes to avast then i tried to install AVG and it got stuck on installing at 87% so i removed it and it left tons of files. Then after that, the shutdown got stuck, i left it for 30 minutes but still not so i just hold the power button to shut it down.

How can i fix the shutdown error??

Is it just okay to hold the power button to shutdown when shutting down is stuck and wont do anything bad?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394127-i-cant-shutdown-without-holding-power-button.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently I have been getting this issue more and more and its basically my pc shutting down not like when you shut it down normally or a crash or blue screen but just going down like you pulled the plug from the pc. I checked overheating in the processor and graphics card but that doesn't seem to be the case. It also only happens when playing certain games. My guess is that the power supply has gone bad and I need a new one but I'm not certain. Anybody got any idea?

A:Pc randomly shuts down like the the power shutdown

For PSU testing, I'd post over in the Internal Hardware forums for more expert advice.

As for determining the shutdowns' cause, let's try looking at these reports:
1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597605/pc-randomly-shuts-down-like-the-the-power-shutdown/
Relevancy 44.29%

Concerning laptop computers, is there any difference between the power comsumed during shutdown and the power consumed during Hibernate?

A:Power comsumption between Hibernate and Shutdown

Nope. Hibernate turns the entire machine off after writing the RAM image to disk. Off is off!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-comsumption-between-hibernate-and-shutdown.454604/
Relevancy 44.29%

While Windows was shutting down the computer, the power outage happened....

Precisely, when the screen shows "Shutting down" message....

After power outage was over, I power my computer on again but it didn't detect the improper shutdown....

My questions:
(1) What was Windows doing in that phase?
(2) Will my HDD become corrupt because improper shutdown had happened in that phase? Could NTFS handle this kind of situation?

Thanks before and forgive my English if there are some mistakes....

A:Power outage during Windows Shutdown

Does the system boot into Windows correctly?

If so...then run the chkdsk /r command.  Running the chkdsk /r command after any unexpected shutdown helps to overcome any potential problems which may relate to the improper shutdown.

Chkdsk From Command Prompt, Win 7 - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496613/contextmenu-is-causing-explorerexe-to-crash/?p=3067880 .  There is no need to put the C: in that command, when run, the chkdsk /r runs on the Windows partition by default.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580145/power-outage-during-windows-shutdown/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys,

I have an annoying problem where my usb/ps2 devices are still on after I shutdown my computer. I have a AMD 3000+ thats on a fairly all integrated foxcomm motherboard (integ. video, sound). I don't know if this issue is with my mb or my power supply.

I have a ps2 optical mouse and a usb mp3 connected to my computer...and I want them to be off when I shutdown my computer (WinXPSp2).. ..I see their lights on all the time. I never had this problem with my old computer. I know a friend of mine that alse has this issue. So basically if I turn of the switch (1, 0) on the back of my power supply, every thing turns off...I don't want do that all the time though....

If I change the power supply will that make it behave differently? - or is it a motherboard design?

Thanks

A:Power still supplied to USB/Ps2 after system shutdown

Motherboard model number?

Either a BIOS setting or jumper on the motherboard, this is OK and normal most times and why there is a +5VSB.

Do you have PS/2 or USB device power up enabled? Wake on LAN or similar settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-still-supplied-to-usb-ps2-after-system-shutdown.37578/
Relevancy 44.29%

Built a pc around 6 months ago for my sister. No problem with anything until she called me today and said that she tried to install a wireless router and her pc just turned off. Now she boots up and within 3 seconds of touching that button it turns off. Could the install on the router be just a "just so happened" and maybe the power supply is shot? Any help? Thanks!

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, i have a big problem, every time when i play games my computer crashed, i checked the event error and that's that i have.. I don't know what i can do..

Thanks.

Code:

+System-Provider[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
EventID41Version2Level1Task63Opcode0Keywords0x8000000000000002-TimeCreated[ SystemTime] 2012-11-18T01:02:40.237613600Z
EventRecordID287545Correlation-Execution[ ProcessID] 4[ ThreadID] 8
ChannelSystemComputerIVAN_PC-Security[ UserID] S-1-5-18

-EventDataBugcheckCode278BugcheckParameter10xfffffa800b762010BugcheckParameter20xfffff8800ff0e630BugcheckParameter30xffffffffc000009aBugcheckParameter40x4SleepInProgressfalsePowerButtonTimestamp0

18/11/2012 2:02:40 Kernel-Power 41 (63)

A:Kernel-power 41 Shutdown Error.

Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265057-kernel-power-41-shutdown-error.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am able to tell my PC to sleep after a certain amount of time but I would like to know if there is a way to tell it to totally shutdown instead. Thanks for your help

i.e. last night I fell asleep and my pc stayed on all night without ever sleeping or shutting down!

A:Can you set PC to auto shutdown in power saver?

Sure. Take a look at this: Power Plan Settings - Change

You might consider either Hybrid Sleep or Hibernate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/208136-can-you-set-pc-auto-shutdown-power-saver.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey everyone New to the forum and have a situation here I built a rig but the problem I am having is whenever I play certain games then shutdown power on Random back ie Prototype L D GRID the computer would most of the time in random places shut down completely as if someone held the power button and then about Random shutdown then power back on - seconds Random shutdown then power back on later power back up and do the normal load The thing is that it does the exact same thing when I change the RAM setting in BIOS I have the option on picking the speed and etc And when I change the RAM speed and click F to save and exit shuts down and then powers back up not a normal restart all the fans etc stop running And that only happens with the ram speed I can change ANYTHING else in the BIOS and that will not happen I did a memtest on the ram each stick separately and did about - passes on each no errors I am stumped I have been in contact with ASUS and so far no one was able to tell me anything My mobo is an ASUS P T WS Revolution and I am using CORSAIR XMS DDR SDRAM DDR PC full name CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR X G C I would post a link but it won t let me need more posts lol It does that on some games but games like Crysis for example everything on high and no problem But on Prototype there is one specific area where it will shutdown few seconds before getting to it or a few seconds after In L D its random might not happen for a week might happen a few times an hour so ANY help would be much much appreciated nbsp

A:Random shutdown then power back on

What power supply do you have?

It's normal for motherboards to reboot after changing RAM settings, mine does.

The reason your machine may turn back on, is that it may be set to reboot after a power failure. If your power supply is shutting down because it's being overloaded, the motherboard sees that as power failure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shutdown-then-power-back-on.145781/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hope this is the right category for this query.
I have recently installed a new primary hard drive, to which I have installed windows 2K.
Since doing this, rather than windows switching off the computer automatically at shutdown, I get the 'it is now safe to turn off your computer' screen and I have to switch off manually. I know this is only a minor niggle, but is there a quick solution that will get me back to automatic power off?'it is now safe to turn off your computer

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello i 've been having problems with the power options at my desktop lately My OS is Windows Professional -bit So the advanced power changes i make keep resetting on shutdown also on log off wakeup etc I have tried creating a custom power plan and changing the existing ones but it keeps happening Specifically i set the display to turn off after minutes the hard drive resetting shutdown options at Power to power off after minutes not to require a password on wakeup never to sleep power saving mode for wireless adapter setting on maximum power saving and link state power management for pci express on off After restarting logging in waking up etc all settings are the same except turn off the display and power off the hard drive which are set on minutes both Hope anyone can help because after a search on google there are many people experiencing the same problem but none of them Power options resetting at shutdown has found any solution Thanks for your help in advance

A:Power options resetting at shutdown

Hello Rip,

I'm not sure what's causing this for you, but as a workaround, you might see if using the tutorial below to specifying a power plan set how you like for all users may keep it set.

Power Plan - Specify a Default for All Users

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275168-power-options-resetting-shutdown.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Attempting to create a shortcut in, Windows 8 for a shutdown button, I select ?new shortcut? on the start screen and then type ?shutdown/s/t0. I get a message: the file shutdown/s/t0 cannot be found. How do I make a shutdown button on my Toolbar in Win 8???
Thanks, eddie460

A:[SOLVED] Win8 power shutdown

The correct code would be either:

Code:
shutdown /p
or

Code:
shutdown /r /t 0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-win8-power-shutdown-701103.html
Relevancy 44.29%

HelloJust purchased the 900 27. The issue I'm having is the following.I click the shutdown (Windows Charm -> Power -> Shut Down)The computer shuts down and then a few seconds later it powers up on its own.I think I've tracked the issue down to the keyboard which is a 3rd party logitech wireless keyboard which I keep plugged in all the time so I don't have to worry about charging it.I've turned off all the relevant advanced power settings but still it powers on. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:YOGA Home 900 27 Power On after Shutdown

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Does the same thing happen if you hold the Shift key and then do the Shut Down?   Doing so will do a full shut down of Windows.

Here is a good article on resolving wake up issues with Windows.  I suspect you have tried some of them, but the article maybe worth reviewing.

http://www.howtogeek.com/122954/how-to-prevent-your-computer-from-waking-up-accidentally/

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/YOGA-Home-900-27-Power-On-after-Shutdown/td-p/3283695
Relevancy 44.29%

MY 8000 elite sff when i power on it its starts normaly and works as you wish long restarts fine but when i shoutdown it, it do not starts and stuck on green solid LED when push and hold power butoen it couldnot power off intil plug it off after 20 to 30 minites its starts again by pressing power button and work fine this fult is repetedly i am faceing please helpe me soo. A tried every thing PSU to prosssser change butt never works.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/power-on-problem-after-shutdown-normaly/td-p/5807011
Relevancy 44.29%

Does a laptop on battery consume any power with hybrid shutdown? Considering the Windows 8.1 Fast Boot Enabled/Hybrid Shutdown feature.

I was rather surprised to see the significant battery power drain during sleep as referenced in the attached article but I can't seem to get a definitive answer regarding the Hybrid Shutdown state.

How Much Battery Life Does Sleep Mode Really Drain?

A:Power Consumption With Hybrid Shutdown?

Sleep and hybernation are not meant for laptops because during suspension and/or sleep the computer still uses power, altough you can't see or hear it doing that. Sleep and hybrid shutdown are practically the same thing. When you hybrid shutdown Windows 8 it's only being suspended which is exactly the same as sleep mode. That's why it's using power.
In order to save power you need to turn off hybrid shut down. Look here about how to disable it: How to Disable Hybrid Boot and Shutdown in Windows 8
I could show you the same thing but my Windows is entirely in Bulgarian and you wouldn't understand anything.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61801-power-consumption-hybrid-shutdown.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Well sir ... this one is for a heavy. If there are any about. Hopefully there are.

I have the Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 mobo. I was getting a bad reading with HW Monitor ... for my +5V reading I was getting a +3.66. On top of that I am unable to shutdown the computer. Instead it will simply reboot. The only way I can get the computer to shut down is hold the power button or kill the power when the screen goes black before reboot. The Inland ILG-600 P/S I had died on me in less than 90 days. I replace it and the mobo ... boot it up ... same thing!!! This time the +5V is reading +3.60 according to HWM, and it still won't shut down!

That's why I said this is for a heavy. It's a real head scratcher

Thanks for reading my post.

Relevancy 44.29%

Actually that's Win (Dell) 7 power Shutdown down at System won't not quite true Sometimes it shuts down properly and sometimes it hangs Everything appears to shut down normally programs close logs off shuts down monitor loses signal and then the computer just sits there humming all night if I let it the front power button light remains on I usually force power down with the button on the front held for seconds but I hate doing that every single day I thought it might be due to certain peripherals Win 7 (Dell) System won't power down at Shutdown plugged in but it doesn't seem to be because Win 7 (Dell) System won't power down at Shutdown even with or without these I cannot predict what it'll do and gt of the time it will not shut down all the way Any quick n' easy fixes It's a newish system bought back in January No updates waiting to install - that I can see - or anything weird going on that would prevent a complete shutdown And as I said it gets almost all the way there just needs a bit of help to get all the way off - Any help much appreciated

A:Win 7 (Dell) System won't power down at Shutdown

Better scan your whole computer and go to control panel> default program and manage or change the actual setting means from there we can change our setting as our requirements. If not than check the boot system of the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499160/win-7-dell-system-wont-power-down-at-shutdown/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have HP Pavilion 15 n003tx notebook. After I shutdown my laptop the power LED still stays on, It does not blink it just stays on. I have tried turning Fast Startup off as well, problem still persists. Kindly assist. 

A:Power LED light stays on even after shutdown

Hi, Try installing the latest IMEI driver directly from Intel as follows. Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane. In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and restart the notebook. When windows has reloaded, download the IMEI driver directly from Intel on the following link, unzip the package and run the installer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26127/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NU... When the installation has completed, restart the notebook. When the machine has reloaded, re-enable Fast Start-up and reboot the notebook once again - let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-LED-light-stays-on-even-after-shutdown/td-p/5708818
Relevancy 44.29%

When I went to start up my computer (HP Pavilion 750n, 768 MB RAM, 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 processor) yesterday, there was no power. I took it to the local repair shop. The tech said it was the power supply again (the second one I've had in 6 months). He replaced it with a non-HP power supply. It boots up and all the programs are functioning, but when I do the START>SHUT DOWN>SHUT DOWN, it just reboots. I did some investigating and found a work around for this (right click on MY COMPUTER>PROPERTIES>ADVANCED tab>STARTUP and RECOVERY SETTINGS>unchecked AUTOMATICALLY RESTART under SYSTEM FAILURE). I'm still concerned about why the icons in the SYSTRAY can't be hidden now. What could have gone wrong with my computer and anyone have any advice on how to restore normal functionality?

A:Computer reboots at shutdown and Hide Icons in Systray doesn't function

Hiya Debodun,have a look in here.http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A1f4cf...1273337920/**http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reboots-at-shutdown-and-hide-icons-in-systray-doesnt-function.921585/
Relevancy 43.86%

It all started I think when I tried to install MagicDisc about a week ago It gave me a warning This program has known compatibility issues I thought I pressed Cancel but I must have accidentally run the program It installed opened and when I tried to mount a disc image with it nothing happened So I tried to close it drives doesn't shutdown work. mount, don't issues, Installer freezes, explorer It was locked Then I tried loading the image with a different program No dice At that time I also found that TruCrypt Installer issues, explorer freezes, drives don't mount, shutdown doesn't work. froze up whenever I tried to mount an encrypted volume I unistalled MagicDisc and tried again to use TrueCrypt which promptly froze up again At that point explorer exe borked I couldn't open any folders I closed explorer exe in Task Manager Installer issues, explorer freezes, drives don't mount, shutdown doesn't work. started it again from command prompt and I still couldn't open anything I can get things to happen via command but not in the GUI So decided to reboot That's when the shutdown issues started It hung on Logging Out for about a half hour so I did a cold reboot and tried again to get a healthy boot Same problem I shut it off AGAIN went into safe mode and tried to reboot This time it logged me out but hung on Shutting down I left it overnight It never shut down The following day I tried using msconfig to get a clean boot It did not help This problem has persisted ever since Before I go on I should mention that during this process I ran rkill exe AdwCleaner and JRT I do not believe that I have any viruses or malware on my computer After that reboot I decided not to try to use any virtual drives for the time being Instead I tried to open iTunes An iTunes process would open in task manager for the old version but it would not open the program Eventually I decided to uninstall iTunes It worked but I couldn't reinstall Windows installer opens starts the installation and hangs up Then it is impossible to close even if I terminate the process Apparently it is sometimes necessary to individually uninstall multiple Apple programs in order to update or reinstall iTunes but that doesn't work either I tried going to Control Panel to remove programs in accordance with this guide Apple Software Updater doesn't uninstall I tried to close Windows Installer It didn't close so I tried ending the process in taskmanager It wouldn't end At that point explorer exe borked again and I was forced to reboot After the reboot I went to the registry and I can't find it there but it's still isted under programs I tried a third party uninstaller Perfect Uninstaller v It gets hung up in the registry I tried using Windows's Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter It gets stuck here http imgur com Ut wzmn Finally I decided to do a System Restore And wouldn't you know it the System Restore utility won't open At all Not from normal mode not in safe mode And since I can't mount a drive USB or virtual I can't do a System Restore from boot either So to recap I can't uninstall the programs necessary to update iTunes I can't restart normally from normal mode or safemode Programs refuse to terminate even when I end the processes Explorer periodically borks System Restore refuses to start I can't mount USB or virtual drives so I can't restore from boot It's like I'm playing Solitaire and all my aces are buried under deuces Please help I've gotten my most precious files saved on Google Drive but I REALLY don't want to lose everything else

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530438/installer-issues-explorer-freezes-drives-dont-mount-shutdown-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have just built a brand new system specs below I installed a new Windows will be migrating my old one over Power Off Windows Motherboard after powers shutdown off or later if the force is with me and I noticed that when I shut down Windows the computer not only powered off but all the lights on my motherboard went out too I was unable to switch on the computer Motherboard powers off after Windows shutdown or Power Off with the power button The only way to power it back on was to switch off the PSU for a couple of seconds power it back on and then Motherboard powers off after Windows shutdown or Power Off the computer would power on with the switch as normal When it is switched on it is perfectly fine and has been running overnight without issues All parts are brand new Intel Core i - K GHz Haswell Socket LGA Processor Gigabyte Z X-UD H Intel Z Socket DDR ATX Motherboard Avexir Core Red Series GB x GB DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit - Red Light Gigabyte GeForce GTX WindForce MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card Samsung GB SSD EVO SATA Gb s x Seagate Barracuda TB RPM SATA Gb s MB Cache HDD Corsair RM Series RM ' Gold' W Power Supply

A:Motherboard powers off after Windows shutdown or Power Off

F1Racer,
Welcome to SF. I would double check you front panel leads it sound like you have some in the wrong positions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/317346-motherboard-powers-off-after-windows-shutdown-power-off.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've had my computer for years and years. It will randomly crash in an instant at any given time - be it while playing a game or just surfing the web. I can find no rhyme or reason why it crashes or how to cause it to crash.

Sometimes it will run fine without crashing for months at a time. Then it slowly starts crashing more and more. First once every few days, then work its way up to crashing numerous times in a day.

The only thing I've found, through experimentation, to sort of remedy the problem is to turn off the PC, physically remove the graphics card, boot on the pc, wait ~2 mins, turn off PC, re-install GPU, turn on PC.

This usually will stave off the crashing, putting me at least back to the one or less crashes a day phase.

The issue seems to be OS independent, as I get the same behavior when running Ubuntu.

A:Random crashes - complete power shutdown

Here are my attached dump files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372658-random-crashes-complete-power-shutdown.html