Windows Support Forum

Help: CPU turns on but monitor doesn't

Q: Help: CPU turns on but monitor doesn't

Hey guys, I've built my computer and the motherboard (ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, 2.08 Athlon 2800+ chip) turns on and gives power to the hard drives, but the monitor doesn't turn on. The one problem that I can think of is that my motherboard doesn't recognize the video card I put in it and since the motherboard doesn't have an onboard VGA slot, I don't know how I can get the monitor to turn on. Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help: CPU turns on but monitor doesn't

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help: CPU turns on but monitor doesn't

doesn't have onboard VGA slot?? I'm not sure what was meant by that statement, so I'll just run throught some basic things to check and some additional info you need to provide.

What is the rating of the Powersupply you are using in the machine. Wattage as well as rail current ratings are important.
what are the full specs of the system?
Is the video card well seated in the AGP slot?
Is the monitor cable properly connected?

Without having that additional info, its difficult to go any further

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cpu-turns-on-but-monitor-doesnt.7395/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Acer AL1716, recently the monitor has been turning off or refreshing when i'm on it, but now i go to turn the computer on, everything is fine but the screen doesn't switch on. but as soon as i turn the computer off, the screen will switch on and vice versa.
I've unplugged all thw wires from the monitro and back in but still nothing.

Help me please
Thanks in advance

A:My Computer Turns On But The Monitor Doesn't ?

This sounds like a computer problem and not a monitor problem. Try another monitor first, to rule that out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-turns-on-but-the-monitor-doesnt.133816/
Relevancy 70.52%

My computer turns on (fan lights turn on and keyboard/mouse turn on) however the monitor isn't powering up I've checked all the cords are connected and it's still not working its windows 7 Ive also tried with a different monitor to no prevail if you could help that would be awesome

A:Computers turns on but monitor doesn't boot up

OK, first of all no one [other than you] has any idea what we are attempting to fix/troubleshoot. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb, exact ram, exact video card [if used] exact pw supply, etc, etc. Note do not post 8gig of ram; post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.

If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact make and model# If you have a service tag# post that as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-turns-on-but-monitor-doesnt-boot-up.1142751/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Guys I need some help here My PC is screwed After reading a bunch of loading screen problems I saw that all of them were problems that occurred after the XP loading screen happens But after around yesterday night Monitor doesn't screen XP before black turns load loading and I got up and used the computer and when I was done I put the computer into standby mode and went back Monitor turns black and doesn't load before XP loading screen to bed A few hours later I woke up and still a bit sleepy I got up turned my computer back on and held the Power Button until it shut down all of which I did not turn on my monitor or move anything I was sleepy Then today when I started my computer the computer booted up as usual and I saw my ASUS loading screen and the the flashing s that happens when my computer loads Monitor turns black and doesn't load before XP loading screen when I start it up But then it just goes blank I tried restarting the computer Monitor turns black and doesn't load before XP loading screen and try again with the power button turn off which just turns off when I press it unlike when my computer is acting normally which takes a few seconds Can anyone help me I just hope my hard drive isn t fried or anything Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor turns black and doesn't load before XP loading screen

Could you explain this again please"?
"turned my computer back on and held the Power Button until it shut down, all of which I did not turn on my monitor or move anything"

Do you mean you pressed the power once then held it for 4 seconds? Do you normally turn your system OFF this way instead of using Start /Shut Down?

Sounds like this is a desktop, recommended practice is to turn the monitor ON then the system, after use, turn the system OFF then the monitor.

Standby, Suspend to RAM and Hibernation where windows is concerned, do not always work and are highly hardware and setup dependant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-black-and-doesnt-load-before-xp-loading-screen.151370/
Relevancy 58.48%

For the last month or so, every time I log off my account, the keyboard does not register at the Windows Log In screen. This makes it so I have to restart the computer and then it works fine.
There are three accounts on the computer, the casing has been half removed for the last 3 months, a DVD burner and driver recently installed 3 months ago and I am using a wireless off brand USB keyboard and mouse.
As for the second part, the computer requires several restarts to boot up, sometimes up to twenty minutes of turning on and off to boot up. Only started doing this a week ago.

A:My Keyboard doesn't work, and the computer turns on but doesn't start.

It sounds like something is wrong with your Windows XP drivers. Something like that happened to me while building my computer, and when I boot up the keyboard did not work because my copy of windows XP was bad. You could try reinstalling windows XP, and It might work better, but I dont have a definite answer to your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-keyboard-doesnt-work-and-the-computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-start-381732.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Everything turns on, fans and everything. It's a completely new build. No input detected from a Samsung monitor.

I've swapped ram sticks to see if one of them is dead
I've reseated the video card

Don't know what to do.

Gonna pop my 4870 X2 into the computer to see if the video card is DOA. If not, the motherboard?

A:New Computer Build: Monitor doesn't turn on / Monitor doesn't initalize

your vga could be causing the issue, but that's only if you dont have onboard video as well.

Next time you post with a problem, make sure you give us detailed specs of your rig, when you dont its like saying "Hey, I have a red car, and it wont start."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-build-monitor-doesnt-turn-on-monitor-doesnt-initalize.134090/
Relevancy 54.61%

I tried turning my computer on today on Christmas Day and everything booted up fine I was surfing the web and on my regular programs for about minutes Then all out of a sudden it appears that my monitor is freaking out I was seeing colors changing green lines going up and down the screen as if it appeared something had occurred with the monitor I go back and though) on, problem blank...(Not monitor turns Computer a monitor but forth switching VGA and DVI cables from my monitor to my compute r with no luck I Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) tried restarting the computer manually a few times as well and one time I was lucky to get back to the desktop only to have it freeze on me and turn off One other Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) time it allowed me to get to the f f boot menu but when I tried to possibly boot up in safe mode it froze again and appeared to show more freakups with the monitor I then took the vga cable from my monitor into my laptop and it is working perfect Not a problem at all so this is making me believe the computer is the problem What could possibly affect this over night I've never experienced anything similar to this It's as if it is making the monitor appear that something has burned out but in reality it is the computer that is not working correctly When the computer does start up which it clearly is my monitor is saying it does not detect the DVI VGA Other times like right now it appears as if the computer is starting up fine but if the past minutes tells me anything it will freeze again and the computer will shut off by itself EDIT I was able to sign into the guest user before this While I was on the guest account alt cntrl delete would not work nor would trying to click on system restore as it would never pop up I tried doing a system restore with the disc but while it was loading the disc the monitor decided to flicker and go blank again then the computer would turn off Could of been a coincidense though as it seems to come and go Could this be virus related or perhaps some faulty hardware inside the computer Thank you for any of the help

A:Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though)

I should also mention I finally did manage to get through a system restore, to about a week ago, and I still managed to experience the same monitor / freezing problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/computer-turns-on-but-monitor-blank-not-a-monitor-problem-though-444704.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I tried turning my computer on today on Christmas Day and everything booted up fine I was surfing the web and monitor a monitor problem on, turns though) blank...(Not Computer but on my regular programs for about Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) minutes Then all out of a sudden it appears that my monitor is freaking out I was seeing colors changing green lines going up and down the screen as if it appeared something had occurred with the monitor I go back and forth switching VGA and DVI cables from Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) my monitor to my compute r with no luck I tried restarting the computer manually a few times as well and one time I was lucky to get back to the desktop only to have it freeze on me and turn off One other time it allowed me to get to the f f boot menu but when I tried to possibly boot up in safe mode it froze again and appeared to show more freakups with the monitor I then took the vga cable from my monitor into my laptop and it is working perfect Not a problem at all so this is making me believe the computer is the problem What could possibly affect this over night I've never experienced anything similar to this It's as if it is making the monitor appear Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) that something has burned out but in reality it is the computer that is not working correctly When the computer does start up which it clearly is my monitor is saying it does not detect the DVI VGA Other times like right now it appears as if the computer is starting up fine but if the past minutes tells me anything it will freeze again and the computer will shut off by itself EDIT I was able to sign into the guest user before this While I was on the guest account alt cntrl delete would not work nor would trying to click on system restore as it would never pop up I tried doing a system restore with the disc but while it was loading the disc the monitor decided to flicker and go blank again then the computer would turn off Could this be virus related or perhaps some faulty hardware inside the computer Thank you for any of the help

A:Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though)

I should also mention I finally did manage to get through a system restore, to about a week ago, and I still managed to experience the same monitor / freezing problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-turns-on-but-monitor-blank-not-a-monitor-problem-though-444697.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I tryed taking out cmos , cards and back in , different plug ins , even 2 different monitor
The monitors tell me Entering Power sleep mode , No siginal ect
please help

A:Monitor and PC turns on , but my monitor wont start up

Check the cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-and-pc-turns-on-but-my-monitor-wont-start-up.1109894/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone. I have an HP compaq computer with a Samsung SyncMaster 740N monitor. I noticed yesterday the screen was doing something weird. It almost looked like the colors were moving. I turned my computer off and this morning I turn on my computer and the screen pops up for a second and then turns off. I turned my monitor off and on again. The screen comes up, but then turns black. What is the cause? Do I need to get a new monitor?

A:Monitor turns on for a second and turns off

maybe electric power cable is loose connettion. Pls check and change power cable

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-on-for-a-second-and-turns-off.150725/
Relevancy 51.6%

When I press the power button the loading screen comes up but it doesn't boot up.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Its-turns-on-but-doesn-t-boot-up/td-p/5676837
Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop hasn't stayed on for couple of days now. Whenever I turn it on it will in a page that says automatic repair then turns off. Then I attempted to turn it on again it won't turn on. I tried the hard reset but didn't do anything to the laptop. This laptop is just 1year and 3 months old. It would be a complete waste of money if I couldn't use it anymore. I need help please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-11-n010dx-doesn-t-turns-off-after-one-second/td-p/5670097
Relevancy 51.6%

i have a duel monitor set up and only when i set the desktop background to black then it will turn off right a way what i want to know is what is turning my monitor off and how to make it do it with a different background

A:dual monitor- monitor turns its self off in 2 sec

jxdxk, welcome to the forums. Please fill in your specs

System Info - See Your System Specs

How are the monitors hooked up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/326664-dual-monitor-monitor-turns-its-self-off-2-sec.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Gr I need help My computer doesn t boot up It turns on fans running and HDD turning but nothing pops up on the screen I can leave it running for hours and nothing happens No beeps fans are running lights are on DVD drive will open and shut but no screen I ve tried everything-- removing RAM different GFX card etc -- and nothing on doesn't but Computer boot turns seems to work At first all I had to do was remove a CD and it worked but after that the keyboard and mouse didn t work so I shut it down and now it won t come back up I m suspecting the motherboard or the power supply unit but I m not too sure I can t check the PSU because I don t have access to the items needed The computer is a HP a n with a PNY GT and PNY GB RAM both of Computer turns on but doesn't boot which were installed a couple of months ago I hope you guys can help Thanks Burke nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Computer with Windows xp professional turns on (fan and power light) but the other hardware: monitor, usb connections (usb harddrive, usb hub, mouse), Keyboard do not come on. I wonder if motherboard since there is also no sound? If got hit by surge or lightening would I still have power?
If it is Motherboard due to lightening can I just change out IT only?

Computer less and going broke fixing it.

BUD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-but-other-hardware-doesnt.852267/
Relevancy 51.17%

ok well i ll start by giving the type of computer i am messing with it is an HP pavilion turns Computer on doesn't but boot up A W and heres the problem a couple of days ago my girlfriends family came to me Computer turns on but doesn't boot up with a computer problem it turns out that her sister was rough handling the computer while Computer turns on but doesn't boot up it was plugged in and completly ruined the power supply the input on it was broken and knocked loose and they said when they turn it on it starts up the fans run for a second and then it cuts off so i brought it home with me switched out the power supply with an equal w Bestec power supply i booted the computer up fine numerous times with no problems at all Well they bring it home and plug it in only to run into the same problem it starts up the fans run and then it cuts off numerous times before i unplug it Now i am a little knowledgeable on computers ive built many of my own and i have never run into this problem I have even gone as far as unplugging the chasis fan the hard drive as well as the disc drive and any media ports on the front of the computer to see if wattage was the case and as far as im concerned it isnt Now the funny thing is the fans do seem to run a little weaker here than they do at my house Now it is a Pin mother board and i was messing around with it and when i bring it down to just Pin it runs about like it did at my house the fans dont seem to be running weak at all but it still wont boot up it just keeps running in a cycle it starts up runs for a couple seconds and dies with no screen at all Yes ive unplugged everything before putting in the new PS i mean ive even went as far as putting in a new CPU any suggestions I knew i hated HP for a reason as well as any OEM computers and this is why i build my own nbsp

A:Computer turns on but doesn't boot up

Bestec power supplies are not good at all. The original supply could have taken out the motherboard with it. The CPU is probably ok

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-boot-up.115925/
Relevancy 51.17%

So I was just sitting down watching a gaming stream online when all of a sudden i hear a beep My monitor goes blank but my computer still appears to be on I then decide to try and restart my computer it gets as far as the windows XP loading screen and stops so i try to restart again This time it manages to get past the loading screen but then a small blue box with nothing inside appears on my screen I restart again and this time i get a blue screen with text detailing the issue and that i should restart before more damage is caused I restart and this time nothing happens The computer turns on but nothing else It sounds as if the psu fan is speeding up Doesn't But Up Computer On Boot Turns and slowing down continuously It s a hard noise to describe It doesn t feel like the psu fan is blowing any air out when i put my hand next to it am i right to Computer Turns On But Doesn't Boot Up think that i have a dead psu or is it something much worse S thankyou for anyone that can provide advice and thoughts on this Computer Turns On But Doesn't Boot Up situations EDIT I m beginning to think it is the graphics card the sound which i originally thought was coming from the psu seems to be coming from my graphics card It would make sense seeing as the monitor went blank but the computer remained on Now the question is is my graphics card dead nbsp

A:Computer Turns On But Doesn't Boot Up

Hello Turco17

My name is Gagandeep and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
I regret that you are having problems with your system. I would be glad to assist you.
As mentioned earlier by you the system does not goes past windows xp.
Try booting the system in safe mode.
In safe mode go to msconfig and try disabling the services to check if the computer boots up in normal mode or not.
To go in msconfig:
Click Start and go to Run.
Type ‘’msconfig’’
Under msconfig go to the ‘’services’’ tab.
Please let me know the findings. Glad to help.
Thank you for choosing Dell.
Thanks & Regards
Dell_Gagandeep_k
Dell Social Media Responder
You can reach us at:
https://www.facebook.com/dell
http://en.community.dell.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/dellcares

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-boot-up.1062460/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I shutdown my computer my display turns off, so I am guessing that my graphics card shuts down, but nothing else shuts down, and I am forced to manually shutdown. I have tried to clear CMOS, as I have had this problem before and fixed it for a while by reverting back to default BIOS settings because I had an overclock, but it has come back again.

A:On shutdown, display turns off but computer doesn't

Maybe this is the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/346903-shutdown-display-turns-off-but-computer-doesnt.html
Relevancy 50.74%

EDIT Aplogies for the insane Thread title I m sure it didn t look like that when I worte it should read HP turns on but doesn t start up - neverending beeping Howdy all long time reader first time poster but HP won't turns beeping - start on doesn't neverending up I ve usually been able to find answers to my problems just by cruising around and searching but this time I m stumped MY HP desktop computer seems to have decided that enough is enough I have a young son who likes to press the power button because it is pretty and blue and when he presses it it turns orange standbye HP won't turns on but doesn't start up - neverending beeping he was doing this yesterday and it turned off completely as it does when you hold the button down for long enough HP won't turns on but doesn't start up - neverending beeping Upon turning it back on it beeps at me goes silent and then continues with long beeps every few seconds The fans come on but nothing else happens The keyboard doesn t light up to register it s connection to the computer the screen stays blank and when turned off and on again informs me that there is no signal input I have not upgraded the computer at all since it was bought in September and it is dusted regularly inside and out I have tried Disconnecting all power holding down the on button for seconds and then leaving it for hours Disconnecting all power holding down the on button for seconds reconnecting and holding F whilst booting up - this elicits the response of it starting up for a second turning off restarting up and then reverting to the above beeping I have disconnected it from everything such as the printer screen modem mouse and keyboard I am writing this from my work computer so I do not have immediate access to my home comp Help me help me help me Thankyou Henry G nbsp

A:HP won't turns on but doesn't start up - neverending beeping

CLICK HERE FOR BEEP CODES

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-wont-turns-on-but-doesnt-start-up-neverending-beeping.71684/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am running windows 7 x64
I have Comodo Internet security (antivirus and firewall)
Radeon 4850x2
And it recently started doing this.
I have the PC networked to a home server running windows server 2003, and recently changed my login on this pc to match the user I created on the windows 2003 server with which it logs in as. (This negated me having to log in twice- once into this PC and the second to a network share on the server.) I'm not sure if this is significant, but it seems like a networked pc would be less likely to sleep.
Things I've tried
- I set both display to turn off and pc to sleep after one minute then:
Unplugged all USB devices
Turned off all Network adapters
Picked up a book

One minute later the PC's display shut off, but still no sleep. Whats the deal?

A:Windows turns off display, doesn't sleep

Windows Media Player sharing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23106-windows-turns-off-display-doesnt-sleep.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, can someone please help me, I have all important files on my external hard drive and now it doesn't want to work. I connect it and the computer sounds like it has something connected but it does not show up on my computer or anywhere else I connect it. The light turns on and it flashes every 5 to 10 seconds but nothing. After a couple of seconds the computer makes a sound like if its disconnected but its still connected to the computer. It also makes a weird sound when I connect it for a couple of seconds and then it stops....I dunno what to do! I tried everything and nothing! Tried different cables, different computers and nothing, please anyone help!

A:Wd external hardrive help, turns on but doesn't show

"It also makes a weird sound when I connect it for a couple of seconds and then it stops"
Can you explain this in more detail?

Is this an "desktop" external drive with it's own power supply, or a "portable" external hard drive that gets its power from the PC over USB?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294165-wd-external-hardrive-help-turns-but-doesnt-show.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello sir My laptop af008ax 's screen sometime doesnot turns up when i press power key. and Fan starts at very high speed and also capslock is toggling. but after some time it can be start without any error. whats happing i don't know.Laptop is in warranty but its center is away to me so i want some simple solution .Thanks.

A:sometime hp-15-af008ax screen doesn't turns on and capslock ...

Dear Customer, Please go through the below document:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/sometime-hp-15-af008ax-screen-doesn-t-turns-on-and-capslock/td-p/5824469
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a brand new LG W VP connected via DVI which turned itself off at random intervals and I had to turn it on from the power button only to have it turn itself off again after a while Worst thing is that once the OS tells it to Stand-by it turns itself off and I can t even get it to power back up via the power button I have to remove on turn W2261VP LG off, back doesn't turns its power cable let the power drain put the cable back on turn it on only to have it go to stand-by and LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on have to reset my computer computer details windows x intel i core not overclocked msi pro-e motherboard mushkin gbx ati sapphire hd ddr the ati drivers is up to date the monitor is recognized by LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on windows tried both with hdmi and dvi connections i LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on noticed the memory cards are a bit hot maybe because they work on mhz due to not overclocking i i tried switch the memory postions not helped tried take off the graphic card and no luck the monitor sometimes can work few hours with no error and sometimes its repeated one after another thank you for any help possible nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-w2261vp-turns-off-doesnt-turn-back-on.877075/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, lately I have been building a computer, this is my first time in doing so and i am very close to finishing. However, when I turn it on all my internal lights turn on and all of my fans start spinning but for some reason the BIOS wont show up on my monitor, (and I have made sure the monitor is plugged in correctly, etc.)

Does anybody know what might be the problem?

A:Newly built PC turns on but doesn't boot

Something not connected or seated correctly would be my guess. Can you list the hardware you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-pc-turns-on-but-doesnt-boot.159737/
Relevancy 49.88%

This problem has been going on already for about a month as far as I can recall The laptop turns on but the display is totally empty and Windows does not start at all This happens frequently after hibernation sleep What I do usually is I just turn the laptop off and turn it on again and the OS starts successfully but now it takes more than twice and it may be dangerous already to do such The laptop is still under warranty and I have it checked already at the store where I bought it The tech person did a few tweaks in the power settings It did work but after a little less than hrs the problem came back I am working as an architectural intern and most of the programs I use are heavy D drafting and D modeling softwares e g Autocad Sketchup and Lumion as well as Adobe Photoshop I use Sketchup very often Just mentioning this as it may have some bearing to the problem Thank you very much

A:Laptop turns on but doesn't load OS after hibernation/sleep

Hi, Welcome to SF.

I found this post from our member gergrocker. This might help.

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Sleep issues are almost always caused by the display driver so I would start by updating it, or trying another. Driver Install - Device Manager

You can troubleshoot Sleep and Hibernate by setting them to 1 and 2 minutes in Power Options. Use Balanced Plan. Then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

If this is still the factory preinstalled WIn7 then that is a corrupt install which causes many of these problems, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not run it but choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308658-laptop-turns-but-doesnt-load-os-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So. I turn my desktop on today, and it sits there, the main monitor light just blinks, my secondary monitor, after showing the MSI screen, just shows this http://i.imgur.com/hCBoFyd.jpg

After that, nothing. Computer is still on but nothing happens. I was thinking maybe something is wrong with my primary monitor, so I type in my password and hit enter. no sounds. I unplug my primary monitor and restart. No change.

My computer was also unplugged all night. The only changes made yesterday was the installation of System tools. Would that screw my computer over?

Any advice, tips, suggestions, or explanations are all welcome. I use this computer for working, and I have a mountain of important information on it.

A:Help! computer won't boot? Turns on, but doesn't go to login screen.

Hi ghostlander, welcome. We need more information about your computer. This will be a good start. http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

The only changes made yesterday was the installation of System tools. Would that screw my computer over?Click to expand...

Can you explain this in more detail please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-wont-boot-turns-on-but-doesnt-go-to-login-screen.1143204/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey thought i'd just start by saying i dont know much about cpus but here are afew of my specs if that helps at all?

I turn my computer on but wont boot up or send signal to monitor, headset, keyboard or mouse (USB ports)

Acer

Aspire X5810

4096 Ram

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 at @2.50GHz

Direct X 11

Thanks in advance Travis.

PS if i get really annoyed and restart it afew times it starts but now i dont want to turn it off lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-boot-up-windows-7-acer-cpu.152545/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was playing around with Task Scheduler to turn on laptop at specific time, it works great. However, while the system starts up just fine, the screen remains black until I touch the mousepad.

Now that doesn't seem like a big deal, but what I was experimenting with is having the computer turn on so I could use TeamViewer app on my phone to access my desktop when I'm not home. Problem is, TeamViewer won't access desktop if screen is black and if I am not physically present, I can't tap the mousepad.

Anyone know why the screen doesn't turn on? It worked great on my old Dell with Vista, system and screen came on know problem.

A:Computer turns on, but screen doesn't with Task Scheduler

It's most likely in the power options to turn screen on when computer wakes from sleep. Just a guess.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218213-computer-turns-but-screen-doesnt-task-scheduler.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys, I'm new in the forum and I hope that I can help to solve this problem. Today I cleaned up the dust off from a Hp pavillion a1600n and after I finished and put everything back together the computer turn on by itself each time I connect it to the power outlet and will make long beeps but doesn't display anything. I took the memory RAM and make sure that there was not dust on it but it didn't help. I also checked the fans and are working fine. The computer turns on even when I unplug the wires that connects it to the power button. I hope somebody can help me solve this problem, Thank you.

A:Solved: HP pavilion a1600n turns on but doesn't display

If the system is powering on with out the power button, You have wires crossed. Double check the manual and make sure you are putting the front cables on the right pins. You may find you have one crossed and so it is getting continuous power instead of being properly shorted.
From there double check that you have everything connected correctly. If you need to disconnect and start from scratch. As far as the video is concerned, are you connecting to a video card or to on board video. Either way, check to make sure the card is tight to the motherboard, and that the cable is screwed in tightly. Re-seat the memory and or any cables to the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-pavilion-a1600n-turns-on-but-doesnt-display.1044287/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have recently purchased a Dell inch FP monitor It has both a VGA and DVI input The problem is that my monitor will just turn off for no reason It occurs at the most inexplicable time like when I am browsing the net or when I am LCD off on turns Monitor and playing video games or right after Windows loads and for no reason If LCD Monitor turns off and on I reastart the computer then it turns back on and it LCD Monitor turns off and on will stay on or just turn off again But the strange part is that it occurs when I connect via the DVI port I have tried it with the VGA port for about a month and I faced no such LCD Monitor turns off and on problems Recently I switched back to the DVI port for better picture quality and the problem has started again I am using the latest drivers I don t know what to do Please help me I have researched this topic a bit and found that it might be that the monitor goes into quot power saving mode quot But I have selected never to turn off my monitor in power management options nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

hello,
I am writing for my dad....our monitor on our compter monitor turns itself off...but we can still type and do random things as if the monitor was still on.
We push the button for the monitor and it stays on for a second then turns back off. the operating system is XP. The monitor is a BENQ and the box thing is a HP.
Does any body have an idea on what it could be. it does work again sometimes but turning the whole computer off and restarting does nothing.

A:monitor turns itself off

if monitor stays on long enough, try to go to
Start
Control Panel
Display
Screensaver

and check how long before it goes into screensaver or shut down monitor mode.
There could be also a PowerSetting option that is set to 1 minute or so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-itself-off.834929/
Relevancy 49.88%

After my monitor has been off for a Monitor Turns - Off HELP Please while say I turn the computer off when I turn it back on the monitor keeps turning itself off The only way to turn the monitor back on is by switching the power supply where it is plugged off and on It happens again and again Finally after maybe - times of turning off the power and then turning it back on by the power switch the monitor stays on You can not turn the monitor on by its own power button which becomes inactive when it turns itself off This does not happen when I restart the computer or when I turn the monitor off Monitor Turns Off - Please HELP and on within a matter of a couple of seconds It only happens when it has been off for more than a few minutes I am running windows xp professional and have not loaded anything on my computer for some time It just started happening a month or so ago I usually leave the computer on all the time so it is hard to say when it started nbsp

A:Monitor Turns Off - Please HELP

You wouldn't happen to have a Viewsonic 21ps monitor?

If so there are a pair of electrolytic capacitors that will need replacing to fix that problem.

If you don't have a Viewsonic monitor I would say that one of your monitors internal voltages are having "issues" Probably the high voltage segment.

Anyway live with the problem as long as you can (unless you know how to repair internal transistors and caps)
I had a monitor that had that problem and I used it another 2 years before I had to end up fixing it. Remember that you will probably need a new monitor though possibly sooner than later as that problem usually gets worse not better.

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-off-please-help.180269/
Relevancy 49.88%

In display I have my monitor set to turn off after 15min. Usually when I returned just pressing any key/mouse would bring the desktop up. Now most of the time the only way is to restart the PC. Why, and how do I fix this? Thanks

A:Monitor Turns Off

Turn the function off and turn the moniter of manualy when youre not using it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-off.432430/
Relevancy 49.88%

every time i tried to play a game after a few second (10-15) of loading the game my monitor turn off n the only way to get it back is to restart my pc .......any ideas off how to change the settings in control panel to fix the issue???

thanks

A:monitor turns off

If all games and not just one
Lots of possible reasons in no particular order

Does your system meet the specs for the game?
Do you have latest drivers for your motherboard and video card?
Adequate power supply?
Overheating?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-off.370492/
Relevancy 49.88%

Well, it was all working fine, up until 20 minutes ago, i decided to install a graphics driver update from nvidia, the.. august 21th one, think its something like 190.x.x, anyway..

After i installed it, i restarted my computer, when it gets to the welcome screen, were i usually enter my password, the monitor turns off, or goes on standby, the power button on the monitor goes from green to orange? ._.

My graphics card is a 9600 GT Geforce.

oh, and im running on my XP partition, my monitor works fine on my vista partition.

A:Monitor turns off?

How old is the monitor/screen... and the brand.
That is typical of monitor failure on some brands of monitors...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-off.133692/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m new to these forums and I need Monitor Turns Off Itself help Recently my monitor has been shutting itself off while playing World of Warcraft The computer keeps running just the monitor will go into what looks like power saving mode Originally I could alt f and close the game and the screen would return It s been hot the past few days so the best I could figure was that it was an overheating problem So I Monitor Turns Itself Off took the side of the case off and blew a housefan into the case That worked just fine Today I was on just checking email the computer had been on for maybe minutes tops The monitor shut itself off again Typically a reboot would also fix this problem but now the monitor wont display anything not even the boot screens or anything So I checked all my connections On the back of the monitor the back of the computer I took the video card out cleaned it put it back in Still nothing I m using a geforce and amd with a hanns-g hw d widescreen lcd monitor using the dvi cable I also googled a little on my own and found people with similar problems but nothing exactly like mine I ve been using computers for over years now and I ve been building my own and this is the first time I ve come across a problem like this Anyhelp would be appreciated Thanks in advance sorry for the long post trying to give as much info as possible nbsp

A:Monitor Turns Itself Off

I did some thinking. It has been very humid these past few days as well as hot. Could humidity have effects like this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-itself-off.606364/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently purchased a new magview quot monitor model m I am using windows me along with a creative annihilator II d card I have had no problems until I baught the new turns off monitor monitor When I use my sony trinitron quot I have monitor turns off no problems Here it is When i start age of empiresII conquerers expansion the monitor goes blank monitor turns off and the green light flashes If you left click through the first cut scenes the monitor comes back on and the game playes fine On the new games serious sam and sudden strike the monitor turns off and never comes back You have to cycle the machine The sound and all else appear to continue working just the monitor turns off I checked my power settings and turned them to never turn off with no luck I also went into the bios and turned off sleep mode and such No luck I am running an ASUS a v w a gig tbird and mb of ram I also down loaded the only drivers i could find at the magview site I am very frustrated-please send help nbsp

MAGVIEW FINALY GOT BACK TO ME AND THEY SENT ME NEW DRIVERS AND HAD ME SET MY REFRESH TO 70 75 OR 85. I CHOSE 85 AND IT WORKS FINE NOW.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-off.40597/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I'm looking at a friends computer that has a problem of the monitor turning itself off after booting up. its running win2000 and starts up and the start up screen comes up then the monitor turns itself off and the computer is still running. They have just had it fixed (new HD) and it was working fine in the shop (so they say) . So is the monitor stuffed? is there a dirver problem? any ideas would be apprieciated

A:monitor turns itself off

It's probably the monitor when changing the screen resolution. Try it on another computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-itself-off.115001/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ever since I installed Win10 the monitor has been turning on by itself between 3 and 5 am every night, or 3 minutes after login after a reboot if it is off at the time. Except on days immediately after a noticeable win10 patch. It is turned off physically, not by the system. Only having the system off or unplugging the monitor prevents it from turning on.

I have set my system to check for updates at 10am but that does not seem to affect the problem at all. I have tried looking through the event viewer for items at the time its happening but havent found a good tool to sort by time.

I would be very grateful for help resolving the problem.

A:Monitor turns on by itself

Hi, welcome to tenforums.
If you type
monitor turns on
into the search box above for this forum, you will get a lot of relevant results from threads on this topic.
Could you have a look through these and see if there's anything that might help you?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/32106-monitor-turns-itself.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a ViewSonic VX92 LCD monitor that will turn on for a second once the computer is started, and then off again.

I can get it to turn on for this second by turning it on and off at the mains, or unplugging and re-plugging the D-SUB cable, or by changing resolutions.

What component is faulty?

Relevancy 49.88%

The Problem Monitor on...Please Help on, on, off, off, Turns off, Only while XP is running and only while my Internet is connected the montior turns itself off and on off and on I thought there might be something using up all my resources but I can t find anything A freind recommended I run HijackThis to see if it could spot a problem I Monitor Turns off, on, off, on, off, on...Please Help have and now I don t know what to do and neither does my friend In case you can t tell I m new to this Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System qttask exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files email protected email protected C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort SmartUI SmartUI exe C WINDOWS System PackethSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings James Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www disboards com quot C Documents and Settings James Application Data Mozilla Profiles default mrj zguz slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings James Application Data Mozilla Profiles default mrj zguz slt prefs js O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C WINDOWS System qttask exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exe -osboot O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort IndexSearch exe O - HKLM Run RFX auto upgrade rundll exe C PROGRA RichFX Player npvpg dll auto upg check O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run seticlient C Program Files email protected email protected -min O - Startup StarUpdater exe lnk O - Startup Update Grokster lnk O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup CompuServe Tray Icon lnk C Program Files CompuServe cstray exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup SmartUI lnk O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page - res C Program File... Read more

A:Monitor Turns off, on, off, on, off, on...Please Help

Some Possiblilities.....................................

Is Norton Anti-Virus set to scan on-line?...If you are going to some site that have bad thingies on them that attempt to scan your system...and you will not even know it unless you have some type of soft to detect it...Norton may be attempting to fight with it...Whats that got to do with the monitor..Norton attempt to warn you with a different screen, and Norton does not always win the battle its back and forth, there are some mean scripts out there that do not give up easily.

Here is another possiblily.....
"O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe"
......This soft attempts to control your monitor setting and problems can arise............Myself I would get rid of it.

You may have a virus....But I would assume you have used Norton to check that.

Download "spybot" (type in name in your search in browser)
Run it with all the on-line updates.....This a spyware finder.
On the side...It apprears you have two CD burning software installed....If so thats not good.
Its always good to clean out your "temp" and "Internet Temp" folders...
Grokster.....Have you downloaded some files lately?....Did you scan them with Norton?

These are "some" possiblilities..............................................

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-off-on-off-on-off-on-please-help.183107/
Relevancy 49.88%

When I am working on my computer sometimes my monitor turns off by itself. The hard drive stays on and when I try to turn off the hard drive it will not let me. I have to completely unplug my computer to reboot it. Can you help me?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys,

After starting the computer, at no specific time, the mouse will stop working+the screen will turn off and on, sometimes it will turn off completely and you cant turn it back on. 80% of the time pressing the reset button will solve the problem and the computer will work fine again but sometimes like tonight ill have turn the computer off completely at the wall.

The computer is quite old now, about 5 years. Its running XP with AMD Xp1700 and a crappy Nvidia GF4 MX 64mb graphics card. The sound card is a Hurcules Game Theater XP with external control hub. 512mb RAM.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be the problem??

Cheers
Nick

Relevancy 49.88%

HELP needed

hello tech team, need your help pretty bad. my newly assembled computer turns on but the monitor does not unless i unplug it first whenever i start up and when the pc is up and running, i plug it back it in ... it does not turn on along with the pc unless i unplug it .. could this be a driver thing or simply my monitor is somehow busted already?

my system info: xp sp2 embedded; asus P5VD2-MX motherboard, dvd writer, intel core 2, no programs installed yet at all ... old LG monitor ...

could it also be xp sp 2 itself?

any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance!

A:Help! pc turns on but the monitor does not

Hi and Welcome to TSF

I would safely say this is a monitor issue. Check th connections to and from the monitor to the computer.
When you turn the computer on, with the monitor plugged in, does the light on the monitor change from amber to green?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-pc-turns-on-but-the-monitor-does-not-128938.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Any ideas what would make some of the monitors in a classroom peroidically flicker, turn off, and then back on?

A:Monitor turns off

Are the monitors all the same brand and model, Do you have surge protecters on them! ,,,

Also this could just be power managment shutting it off , In that case youw ould need to go to Control Panel , then power options icon, and choose Never ,a nd disable power managemnt,, hope this helps,, gl,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-off.77490/
Relevancy 49.88%

my m onitor turns off after 2 seconds what could be wrong?

Could have an incorrect driver.

Have you done any clean os installs or replaced a graphics card recently?

If you havent then try a different monitor if you have one.

Could be a faulty monitor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-turns-off-590867.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everybody I have recently experienced this issue with my PC When my monitor automatically shuts off after certain time as I have set in windows - I Can't after back PC into get turns off monitor can wake the monitor by moving mouse or pressing keys The mouse and keyboard both work just fine and shine all around since Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off they are both from ROCCAT BUT When the monitor is automatically off for a couple of minutes thats Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off when the things get weird The monitor wakes up but it shines black if you know what I mean I may add a photo if I Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off can reproduce Turning the monitor off and on again by button doesn't help The mouse and keyboard both stop shining Moving mouse and pushing buttons does nothing Repluging mouse and keyboard doesn't make any change not even windows sound of pluging in an usb However the computer itself is still on the fans are working and the front LEDs are shining just the green one actually I also have my TV connected to the PC via HDMI and switching the input on it just shows quot No signal quot Thanks for any ideas

A:Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off

see if hibernation is on maybe a problem with that. try turning it off if it is on to test. Hibernate - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361883-cant-get-back-into-pc-after-monitor-turns-off.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm rarely on the computer, and when I am, I manually shut the monitor off when I'm done using it.  Several times this last week, the monitor will turn itself back on in the middle of the night, waking us up from a dead sleep.  Does anyone else have this problem and, if so, how do you make it stop?

A:HP 2311x monitor turns on by itself

Strangely enough, I am having the exact same problem with the 2311x monitor.  I am thinking it is something connected with Windows 10 somehow, because as far as I know it never did it until recently, after Windows 10 was installed. And to be clear, I use the main switch to turn it off and it is not in sleep mode or anything else.  I see nothing in the monitor settings that stands out as a culprit or a fix.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-2311x-monitor-turns-on-by-itself/td-p/5193884
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleoview W19.

When I leave my computer for a good while (like overnight) and come back the monitor only displays a white screen. Restarting the computer or plugging the monitor in and out does not help. The only solution I've found is to turn the monitor off and on again until it works, and that took me about 50 tries last time.

So if anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful

A:LCD monitor turns white

1. Don't leave your computer on overnight?
2. If you do, at least turn off the screen. You can set it to turn off after a set period of minutes.
3. Buy a new screen.

I don't know whats causing the problem or if it can be fixed so best wait for some of the others to reply.

Have you tried the screen on a different computer and the computer on a different screen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-turns-white.739281/
Relevancy 49.45%

I keep meaning to post this and since it just happened I m going to do it now Once in a while black? turns Monitor my desktop eMachine Monitor turns black? will spontaneously quot log off quot After doing that the screen BenQ Monitor turns black? LCD will be just a black screen with the mouse pointer on it I can move the mouse and see the pointer move but the computer will not give me the startup screen desktop or anything else The only thing that seems to get it back off of this screen is a hard reboot which I dislike doing My tower doesn t blink or otherwise indicate that it s quot sleeping hibernating quot indicated by a blinking blue light and a blinking yellow light respectively it shows the solid blue light as it does when the computer is functioning normally during usage What can I do to stop this from happening again What is causing it Thanks for the help--I m sure it s not a quot major issue quot but it IS an annoyance nbsp

A:Monitor turns black?

Farmgirl: I suggest you take the side off the tower and check carefully all the capacitors on the mobo to see if any are bulged or leaking.

Next, using Device Manager, try updating your video driver, or use Windows update Custom Scan to see if there is an updated driver for your card. BTW, if you have card installed in a AGP or PCI slot, check the capacitors on it, too.

You can also run a Memory test as a bad memory stick will give you probllems similar to yours.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-black.759745/
Relevancy 49.45%

Every few hours my monitor will go black and my computer's fan starts running. I can turn the monitor on and off but it does nothing. When I restart, nothing happends, the monitor doesn't turn back on, I have to restart quite a few times to get it working again. It will work fine for another few hours but then it just shuts off at random. It is nothing I am doing that is causing it, sometimes I'll just be staring at the desktop and it'll shut off. And it's not the computer that shuts off, just the monitor, but the computer starts making a bunch of noise each time it happends so it could be the computers fault? The monitor was working fine before this I've had it almost 6 months.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, My HP 2311x has recently started to flicker on and off, displaying the image for a few seconds before turning off and on. The power light turns off and on with this. I am using a HDMI cableOften it can be fixed by opening a program, (i have two monitors so can do this on the other one) and with the program opening it then finds the source.I have tried the monitor on my PS4 and it works for that.  Any ideas what the issue could be.  I nhave uplaoded a video of the issue here .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4TxA2YfBFw

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hp-2311x-monitor-turns-off-and-on/td-p/5649542
Relevancy 49.45%

hey all, I recently traded someone on craigslist for their desktop computer. (probably not the greatest idea, but oh well lol)

anyway, I can get the computer to turn on, but theres no signal at all to the monitor. I have my monitor's DVI cable plugged into the ati graphics card, but no luck. I can tell the card is getting power because the fan is on, but otherwise im confused.

can anyone help?

thanks!

A:turns on, but no output to monitor! :(

yes
I have the same problem. I have Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB & it was working fine until oneday when i restarted there is no display. The monitor screen blinks & the GPU fans rotates.
I checked my card on another system & it works fine
Probably your card is also fine I am Giving my Motherboard for RMA probably you should do the same

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turns-on-but-no-output-to-monitor.791659/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys So the other night i fell asleep my computer is on in my room i wake up at about am and the monitor that has a screen saver going is turning off and on and off and on I turn it off and forget about it the next morning i turn it on and then it turns off When it s connected to the computer I can see my post screen windows loading etc but the monitor is turning off and on every second or so I disconnected my monitor and connected it to a power outlet completely seperate from my computer The green light turns on and off and on and Monitor and on repeatedly off turns off until I turn the monitor completely off I have tried different power cords in different outlets no good I opened the back panel of the monitor to see if anything Monitor turns on and off repeatedly was visibly fried but I don t see anything weird The problem is the monitor IS under warranty but I don t have the receipt from TWO YEARS ago Anyone know what the problem is Or how I can fix it It s a quot Viewsonic VX Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor turns on and off repeatedly

have u plugged the vga/dvi connector in properly... worth a look.. also can u boot in safe mode and see if the problem still occurs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-on-and-off-repeatedly.654819/
Relevancy 49.45%

My PC specs
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66 Ghz
Nvidia GTX 650 1 GB graphics card
2 GB DDR2 RAM

My problem-
I just added 2 GB DDR2 RAM to my original 2 GB RAM making it a total 4 GB (Both are transcend 800 speed)
Everything works fine but when I start any games like Total War Rome 2 OR War thunder, my monitor display turns off but my PC is still running. I have to restart my PC to Turn on the display again.
I did not have this problem with my original 2 GB RAM

If anyone wants any more details fell free to ask.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-display-turns-off.1167886/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a LG W2243S flatron and a new medion MD8855 computer running windows 7 which both have been working fine...and yet the monitor for no aparant reason and with no warning turns off!! the red on/off light goes out completely the LG symbol comes up and the monitor turns off, you just saait and wait and it comes on again, Ihave plugged unplugged I have checked for latest drivers, all up to date because as I say it is new.

While writng this it has turned off 8 times!!
Please suggestions?

Thankyou regards

Julie

A:Monitor turns off randomly

First you need to try the monitor on another computer. If it works on another computer then your problem is most likely the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-off-randomly.150203/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after about minutes and can't figure out why it after (about minutes) 10 turns off monitor is doing it When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up Monitor turns off after minutes of inactivity - Page - Windows Forums At the above post is a registry edit that they say sometimes monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes) helps I tried it It didn't I have gone to settings and changed the power settings to performance This is a tower computer a dell i with gigs of ram and a ti nvidia video card so I want the performance out monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes) of it I said don't park the hard drive don't turn off the monitor ever It still turns off the monitor I know I am a little weak on info here so if you need anymore detail please ask I would love to fix this problem Almost forgot If i can continously using the computer i haven't experienced the problem It's if I don't touch anything for a period of time is when there is an issue

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/58620-monitor-turns-off-after-about-10-minutes.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello! I'm having no luck with previous threads regarding this same question.

For starters, I just bought two new items for my computer so it's not entirely new, but quite the upgrade

Previous Specs:
PSU: 500w
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965
GPU: nVidia GeForce 660
MOBO: Biostar A880GZ
RAM: 8GB

New Specs
CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K
MOBO: BIOSTAR TPOWER X79

I boot it up and hear no beeping sounds all fans are running well. I believe I have everything in place. I can provide pictures if needed.

Thanks in advance!
-Adrian

Bumping with my PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Maybe there are some extra plugs I need in the PSU that my current one isn't offering?

A:PC turns on; Monitor won't Display

Recheck all your connections. Plus make sure your video card and memory are seated. The PSU should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turns-on-monitor-wont-display.197972/
Relevancy 49.45%

it all started when i changed my x1050 radeon for a geforce 8500 gt video card..... then all this started happening... oddly a friend of mine also has vista and has the same problem when he used his galaxy geforce card... any help would be great and sorry for the trouble

Relevancy 49.45%

I have been recently playing Tribes 2 on my computer. Never had this problem, and am pretty computer literate, so any problem Ive found in any game I go online and search the web and find a solution. Recently though, during tribes when I die, or am just sitting in one place, The computer will hardcrash, blackscreen, flicker 2 or 3 times, then play an audio loop of about a half-second in length over and over, and then the monitor will go black and turn black with the power on in the same way as if there was no signal going into it.

This seems to me to be a pretty serious problem if it will abort the signal to the monitor.

Computer specs as follows:

Dell 8100 - Win XP Pro
1.5 ghz cpu
Nvidia Ti 4600 graphics card
Santa Cruz Sound Card
1.5 gigs RAM
DirectX 9.0b
Latest Nvidia graphics drivers
DELL BIOS XP2

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello! I'm having no luck with previous threads regarding this same question.

For starters, I just bought two new items for my computer so it's not entirely new, but quite the upgrade

Previous Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965
MOBO: Biostar A880GZ

New Specs
CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K
MOBO: BIOSTAR TPOWER X79

I boot it up and hear no beeping sounds all fans are running well. I believe I have everything in place. I can provide pictures if needed.

Thanks in advance!
-Adrian

P.S: I few hours ago I was advised to go through everything again. I did everything 1 at a time (still no luck) but here are the steps I took: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ux47qjv9jg1wdso/ba-0UoSVQH

It's a pretty messy build, so my apologies if it's hard to comprehend.

A:PC turns on; Monitor won't Display

Hello Adrification. Welcome to the forum.

Q1: Did you upgrade your RAM also, or are you using the same sticks you had on the AMD board?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/312312-pc-turns-monitor-wont-display.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My desktop monitor turns blank during booting after displaying the Windows XP logo and stays like that. It cannot boot to the desktop. I have tried different monitors but the same thing happens each time, so now I know it is not a faulty monitor causing the problem.

I have even tried to use "safe mode" to get to the desktop but that doesn't work either.
As I have stated above, the computer starts to boot nicely, then the last stage to the desktop the screen turns black and that's it. VGA mode also doesn't work.

I need help.

A:Monitor turns blank.

Try replacing the video drivers for the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-blank.669361/
Relevancy 49.45%

My friends got this LCD monitor and when he turns it on it seems like everything is fine... The picture looks perfect, power lights on, menu pops up....

But after like 3 or so seconds, it turns off... If you look at it from the right angle you can still see what was on it...

I could be wrong, but I always thought that even without signal, a monitor could display the menu - but not this one..

What could be wrong with it? I've messed with the cord so i dont think its that...

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, as I mentioned in the title my monitor has just completely gone white. It doesn't seem to be the graphics card, because I plugged in my laptop to the monitor via VGA cable and still it turns white. But I can't really confirm whether if it really is my graphics card or my monitor cause I don't have another monitor to test it out on.

A:Monitor turns white!

SO basically you have tried the monitor on two different computers? if this is true, in doing this did you use a different VGA Cable or the same one in both cases? Also does the monitor display it's on screen set up display when you press the control buttons?

I could be as simple as a bad VGA Cable, or it could be the monitor itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-white.949504/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys,
My monitor turns black but the power button is still on(blue) and the sound also is still on and i could hstill hear the music i am playing on the computer and i cant get the monitor back unless i turn its power off and then back on.
This happens mostly when i am watching a movie and the screen in between the scenes of the movie goes black then suddenly the monitor also goes black and i cant get it back unless i turn it off and then back on.

Also the monitor flickers or blinks in some areas.

What seems to be the problem here and how to solve it?

Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi!Bit of a problem
I decided to put my 3 yr. old PC into use again, its been standing in the corner for 2 years now.
So the problem.
When i plug the power cable in, the PC turns itself on, it doesn't need me to press the power button, secondly, when its on, the monitor doesn't do anything it looks as if its shut down and nothing comes up.

Any ideas?

A:PC turns on itself and the monitor does not show anything.

Risky mate are you sure the monitor actually switches on - obvious and not trying to be funny but have done it myself in the past. Plus / or try another monitor if possible. The machine switch itself on stuff may be just due to crud build up inside.

Being careful have a look inside and do a clean out and unplug and reseat all the plugs, cards, RAM sticks etc etc but make sure you ground yourself first and during this operation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/304239-pc-turns-itself-monitor-does-not-show-anything.html
Relevancy 49.45%

For at least days turns random... Monitor and ON at off My or so My Monitor turns off and ON at random... my computer monitor shuts down some time at night computer still running and my monitor will not allow us to USE it until the next mid-day afternoon This is not a joke We ve tried all sorts of things -- very stubborn situation It feels like someone gave my computer a monitor timer virus How in the world would I be able to find this If you leave netflix on for example but paused when the monitor chooses to shut off if you press pause on the keyboard you can hear that the netflix movie is playing No its not the monitor cord Right now I m using the very computer and I can see everything just fine But after awhile sometime tonight in about - hours or so my monitor will go night night until sometime tomorrow afternoon -- the computer could be left on the entire time Would LOVE to get your help Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-turns-off-and-on-at-random.1011659/
Relevancy 49.45%

I need help... sometimes my monitor will just randomly turn off, and the computer is still on but the sounds from music and videos will sound garbled. The monitor has never done this, and this computer I just built from the ground up. Please if u can tell me what to do thanks. I also have updated everything, the video card wasn't overheating, same with the cpu, the temps were pretty low and I have disabled screensavers, power options for the display. I am using windows vista, and have gotten the latest updates as well.

A:Monitor Turns off, computer still on.

I would maybe start with uninstalling sound and video drivers and reinstall.
This could still be driver problems.

But, this could also be a power problem. I had my speakers plugged into a battery backup and the sound would get all weird on me till I plugged in elsewhere.
Try plugging it into a different power outlet.

I would then maybe check the PSU, garbled sound and a monitor going out like that could be hardware related problems also. It's difficult to tell you where to start on this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-off-computer-still-on.753421/
Relevancy 49.45%

------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Monitor ON during still off CPU turns gameplay Machine name UMAR-PC Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit Build Monitor turns off during gameplay CPU still ON win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Model DH WW BIOS IBA GE Slot C v PXE B Processor Intel R Core Monitor turns off during gameplay CPU still ON TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode I m using i Ghz GB DDR RAM Windows DH WW Motherboard XFX GT GB DDR graphics card and my power supply is of w the problem is that i when i am playing NFS CARBON it plays for like to minutes and then the Monitor turns off the keyboard turns off the mouse turns of but the CPU is still ON ive checked my CPU S temperatures all remain around - degree Celsius this happens even if i play Prince Of Persia on the MOST minimum settings like x my Monitor is IBM C CRT it is working fine there is no problem with it the Refresh Rate is minimum at HZ and resoultion at recommended x i dont know what is the problem my PC is like brand new and i have double checked all the power cords and i also have THE LATEST DRIVERS OF GeForce GT card GB DDR released there is no OVERHEATING there is no problem with the POWER SUPPLY Brand new w and after minutes monitor keyboard and mouse turn OFF but CPU remains ON so i really dont know whats the problem it s a brand new PC please help Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-off-during-gameplay-cpu-still-on.1002799/
Relevancy 49.45%

Whenever i unplug the power cable from the power socket and plug it back in or unplug it from the back of the computer, my computer wont turn on. Well, the processor and mouse turns on but both the keyboard and monitor wont. When this happens, i have to wait like 2 days before fiddling with the on - off power button to get it working. Its not the power supply because i replaced it and i still have the problem and im sure its not the power socket which is screwed. Both the keboard and monitors plugs are pluged in. How can i fix this?By the way, ive got a AMD athlon 64 3500+

A:Processor turns on, but not the monitor

From what I have read there are limited causes/possibilities, and the primary suspect is, despite your protestations, a bad psu.

Which On/Off switch are you 'fiddling' with, and, not to get TOO technical, but what kind of 'fiddling' are you doing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-turns-on-but-not-the-monitor.81398/
Relevancy 49.45%

My Dell flat screen monitor turns to black shortly after turning on. I've tried a different power supply, a different monitor cable, and i've tried a different computer....same result w/ all three. Power light stays on (blue) no problem when plugged in w/o the monitor cable. Plug the monitor cable in...screen comes up....4 seconds....goes black. unplug the monitor cable from the computer, power supply stays on, says can't find a signal and is going into power saver mode...then goes into power saver mode w/ power light turning orange. Any help is greatly appreciated. Monitor is maybe 8 months old. Also, when the picture appears it's perfect, no distortions, no error messages....nodda. Thank you for any help you can give me.

A:Monitor turns on then goes black

If the monitor is only 8 months old, it should still be under warranty, I would return it for replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-on-then-goes-black.960582/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have my laptop connected to an external monitor with HDMI. The laptop is always plugged into the A/C,and its cover is always closed, so it's used as a desktop computer.

I have noticed that the monitor often turns off very quickly, sometimes after only a few minutes of idle time. This is extremely annoying, and I don't know how to fix it. In Power Options, the "Turn off display after" setting is set to 10 minutes on battery and 30 minutes when plugged in.

Any idea what could be causing this? I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit.

A:Monitor turns off during inactivity

Hi there. Try the one in PC Settings in the Charms Bar also. For the life of me I don't know why they have 2.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35391-monitor-turns-off-during-inactivity.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,
This is my first post on your site and I'll be glad if you can help me with my problem.
My monitor is turning off for no reason and I cannot locate the problem. My windows keeps working, but my monitor is switching off. My configuration is:

Motherboard: ABIT IS7-E2
CPU: CelD 2.4 GHz
GPU: Gainward Geforce 6200(512MB RAM)
RAM: 2x512MB (512MB(400MHz) ; 512MB(533MHz))
Soundcard: Creative Audigy ZS
TV Tuner: K-World RF 878

In addition to this I have attached my mini.dmp file.
Thanks in advance,
Dejan.

A:Suddenly my monitor turns off!

What kind of monitor is it? Brand? Model? LCD OR CRT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-my-monitor-turns-off.58402/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm using a Dell Latitude D430 laptop and port replicator with matching external 19" MulitSync LCD1970NX monitors. One is attached DVI and the other is attached serial. After toggling so that both monitors are up and usable, if I close the lid (After setting the power settings to "Do Nothing") the DVI attached monitor will turn off. But the serial will stay up. As soon as I lift the lid the DVI will come back and all the apps that were open are now over on the DVI monitor when it refreshes. Also, I have installed the newest driver for the adapter. I also can not stretch the task bar across or use dual screen wallpaper.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-monitor-turns-off.795025/
Relevancy 49.45%

I downloadet Win2000 and all its updates, Explorer, Antivirus, Anti Spyware, Mediaplayer, Adobe Reader, WinZip, Ad Aware and some more. I test run the PC several hours, booted up and down several times, It worked all perfect. I loged on to the Internet and I had no problems. When I brought the computer upstairs and hooked up the other monitor, I thought that everyting seems to be fine. Not....! The computer boots up till the windows startup screen and then the monitor shuts off. The Harddrive keeps on booting up all the way just the monitor has shut off during that process. Whats wrong with that. I never had that happend bevore. Do I miss a driver or something. If someone has a clue about that please let me know. thank you

Relevancy 49.45%

I've recently switched video cards from a GeForce 2 MX to a GeForce 4 MX and did a fresh install (uninstall and reinstall) of the same drivers (Omega). The problem is, my computer is convinced that I have three monitors, when I only have one. Even when I try to remove the clones from the device manager, Windows (98 SE) keeps detecting it to bring it back (for the fun of it, I changed the two "Default Monitors" to use my Samsung drivers). I'm trying to see if the NVidia drivers have any settings to turn off for something along the lines of "multiple monitor support," but I can't seem to find any.

Here's a link to show you what I mean.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, here's the problem: the display of my secondary monitor suddenly started turning off 1 second after the monitor is turned on. I think the cause was that my new employee physically pressed every button on the monitor repeatedly when she was trying to turn it on (the menu button, the auto button and the sharpness & contrast buttons). Again, everything works perfectly for 1 second, and then the display goes black
Here are the specs:
-secondary monitor: Envision LCD monitor EN-8100e (plug & play monitor)
-CPU: compaq presario SR1910 NX, AMD Sempro
-Windows XP
-Display adapter: NVIDIA GEforce 7300 SE/7200 GS, location: PCI Slot 7 (PCI bus 2, device 0, function 0)

I tried troubleshooting (display/properties/settings/advanced/troubleshooting) but it says everything's working correctly and nothing was solved.
I tried turning everything off and on and rebooting, and I plugged the power on and off...nothing.

Help!

Relevancy 49.45%

I started out having a trojan or a virus that kept me from being able to do much on my computer and I was running off! turns itself Computer monitor VERY slow So I tried doing a Restore point and that did not do because my computer could not find a restore point it could work from I had several but I would get an error message saying I could not use that restore point Anyway I then decided to reformat it After I did that my monitor started acting up It has NEVER done this before It would be on and I would be computing right along and Computer monitor turns itself off! all of a sudden my monitor would just go black Then it would completely log off I would get a message saying there was no connection It never did completely turn the computer off like some errors usuallly do it was JUST the monitor but I could not get the monitor to come back on unless I turned the computer off myself and rebooted it I did a reboot and it worked for about minutes and then started doing the same thing all over again but this time it would only work about mintues then shut down the monitor I would reboot and the same thing would happen over and over again I went to microsoft online and looked for the Windows XP downloads and decided to try and update anything I needed It did all the updates and said I had something that was damaged and needed repaired so it fixed that problem and I tried it again after the reboot Still nothing helped the problem My DH first thought it may be the video card He opened it up to check and found it was very dirty and dusty around the fans etc so he cleaned it hoping that may have been the problem and put it back together I tried it again and got the same thing NOW it will work about minutes before it turns itself off So tonight he is going to try a different video card in it and see if that helps if not he said it may be the motherboard Do you have any other suggestions as to what may be causing this problem I am at a loss myself Oh I have also ran my ZoneAlarm Suite nothing picked up McAffee found nothing AVG found nothing I did a disk defrag and that did not help either I uninstalled all the antivirus and antispyware and still did not help I now have only the McAffee running on it By the way I did not have all the antivirus programs running at the same time ever Thanks for any suggestions Dedee nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

So i came home tonight super excited to put a monitor my buddy gave me along side my current monitor so that i could dual monitor When i sat in front of my computer i pushed a key on the keyboard to wake it up from sleep mode and the computer booted up but nothing appeared on my monitor I turned off the CPU and waited minutes CPU appears on monitor turns but nothing on and tried again This time on boot up i heard quot vroooom vroooom quot noises sounded like the fans Still nothing came up on the monitors I tried both monitors on other computers and they worked fine I decided to take my CPU outside and figured the fans were clogged with dust so i used a can of air and cleaned out all the dust there was a lot Came back inside hooked everything up and still CPU turns on but nothing appears on monitor nothing It really bums me out because it can be a serious problem but i have no idea what If anyone has any advice or help to me please i could use any sort of idea to fix this problem I really cant afford to not have a computer in college and getting paper assignments every week Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-turns-on-but-nothing-appears-on-monitor.991347/
Relevancy 49.45%

------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name UMAR-PC Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Model DH WW BIOS IBA GE Slot C ON off gameplay still turns during Monitor CPU v PXE B Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode I m using i Ghz GB DDR Monitor turns off during gameplay CPU still ON RAM Windows DH WW Motherboard XFX GT GB DDR graphics card and my power supply is of w the problem is that i when i am playing NFS CARBON it plays for like to minutes and then the Monitor turns off the keyboard turns off the mouse turns of but the CPU is still ON ive checked my CPU S temperatures all remain around - degree Celsius this happens even if i play Prince Of Persia on the MOST minimum settings like x my Monitor is IBM C CRT it is working fine there is no problem with it the Refresh Rate is minimum at HZ and resoultion at recommended x i dont know what is the problem my PC is like brand new and i have double checked all the power cords and i also have THE LATEST DRIVERS OF GeForce GT card GB DDR released there is no OVERHEATING there is no problem with the POWER SUPPLY Brand new w and after minutes monitor keyboard and mouse turn OFF but CPU remains ON so i really dont know whats the problem it s a brand new PC please help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

hi this is my first time on this site and im glad to be on it

my problem is when i turn on my computer, nothing happens on my moniter its just black no codes or bios or anything. i dont get a beep or anything either usually wen u turn my computer on 5 seconds later it makes a beep noise but nothing now. when my computer starts, it looks fine, fans on, led lights on, cd-rom drive opens but i get no beeping noise and nothing happens on the screen. please help me, it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance and btw im a real noob wen it comes to computer parts and such

A:Computer turns on but nothing happens on monitor

Did you recently try to install a new graphics card or RAM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-but-nothing-happens-on-monitor.109321/
Relevancy 49.45%

First of all Monitor keeps off PC the running? turns but I apologize if this is in the wrong section But this issue has been driving me crazy for the past few days The thing Monitor turns off but the PC keeps running? is with my PC writting this with my Laptop as you can see For starters here are the PC's specs - Monitor turns off but the PC keeps running? AMD ATI Saphire Radeon HD GB - Intel Core Quad Q Ghz - RipJAWS Gaming series GB RAM Mhz - MSI P -C I know that this is an REALLY OLD motherboard - Samsung Syncmaster P ' - PSU RaptoX W The PC turns on fine gets to the loading screen I sign in and all but after a few mins tops the screen just shuts off the orange light stays on but on the screen itself quot Analog Digital quot keeps changing like the signal is temporarily lost or something Also pressing the NUMLock or Caps lock keys does nothing The PC is running but not responding at all I've completely cleaned it with the compressed air can so dust shouldn't be an issue And another thing playing a game is unimaginable then it immediately turns off and freezes So browsing looking through files it can keep going for a short period of time and then turns off but if I manage to be quick enough to play a game immediate screen shut down The temps of the GPU are around - HDD maximum reach is - Also the fan attached to the CPU isn't spinning but even before this I've had issues with it and the PC ran fine Forgot to mention I tried it with another monitor Samsung T HD and the same thing occurs Help anyone

A:Monitor turns off but the PC keeps running?

Hello Jeff . check your power options . Go to Control Panel and see what you have it set for

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337094-monitor-turns-off-but-pc-keeps-running.html
Relevancy 49.45%

when booting, hdd ande monitor light starts and suddenly the monitor light turns off into sleep mode. nothing appears in screen but i can see the hdd lights are on.

further, sometimes my system will boot normally. hdd, monitors all are working normally. it will run for 5 - 10 minutes and then the monitor will turn off to sleep mode.

any clue of whats happening ? is it the videocard problem or RAM ? or something else ?

A:monitor turns off after 10 minutes

Take the video card out and clean the gold contacts. Notice if there's any discoloration. Replace, making sure it's seated firmly.

If possible, try another video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-off-after-10-minutes.156891/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Since about two weeks ago I've been having a bizarre problem with my monitor when I start my computer I'll have a picture for about two seconds then the screen will go blank yet the light on the monitor's power button is still on I can turn off my monitor and turn it back on and I'll get a picture for another two seconds or so and then the screen will a automatically Monitor while for turns off go blank again I find that usually if I let my computer sit for minutes Monitor automatically turns off for a while or so and turn my monitor off and on the screen will flicker and I'll get an image that lasts Also when I start up I'll get about two or three error messages that say quot xzxhrb exe has encountered a problem and will need to quit Do you want to send an error report quot Part of me thinks these two problems are linked since they first appeared at the same time However I was out of town the week before last right after I first noticed the problem and when I came back my monitor was working just fine I've still been getting the quot xzxhrb exe quot error messages though The monitor only just now started acting up again Does anyone know what quot xzxhrb exe quot is Norton Antivirus and Spy Subtract show nothing unusual Hewlett Packard tech support has been no help at all And yes I've checked to make sure my monitor cable's tightly plugged in and no re-starting doesn't solve the problem Does anyone have any suggestions Appologies if this is in the wrong section but I didn't see a quot Monitors quot category

A:Monitor automatically turns off for a while

It sounds like your monitor maybe overheating try having a desktop fan blow some fresh air in it and see if it still does it. As for the xzxhrb.exe error I have no idea and nothing came up with google. Try doing a search for the file and tell us what folder that file is located in. If I knew what program that is assicated with I might be able to figure some thing out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-automatically-turns-off-for-a-while-61722.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello.I bought a Lenovo C50-30 in the last two months, it has been working normally till one day it remained turned on and when I returned to it the screen was black. I restarted it, disconnect it and tried using the keyboard to find what was wrong, however the problem continues. If someone has any idea what could be happening, please answer this post. Thank you.

A:Lenovo C50 30 All In One turns on but monitor does...

Hi an6 ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Can you try to press the PC mode/HDMI-in (item7 page 4) switch on the left side? 
Would the caplock and numlock led respond if you try to use an external usb keyboard ? 

You can try the power check out guide here for non powering issue. 

For non display issue , you can turn it off and unplug the adapter  then press down the power button for 12 seconds to power drain. Turn on and keep tapping on F1 for a BIOS access and to check if display would show up onscreen.  

If your model have HDMI out , plug in another monitor to isolate / if it has an HDMI in , youmay use a laptop and use it as a screen to check for LCD issue. 

You need to call in tech support if same issue after the steps above.
Update us how things go. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-C50-30-All-In-One-turns-on-but-monitor-doesn-t-show/td-p/3309662
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a brand new Acer x263w. It is connected to my Acer laptop with an HDMI cable (both monitor and laptop have HDMI connectors, not DVI).

The only problem with the monitor so far is that sometimes it turns off and won't turn back on using the power button. I have to remove the power cord and wait for a while.

I think that it might be related to the laptop going into monitor off or sleep or hibernate mode. Usually when the laptop goes into that state, the monitor is in standby, with its power LED turned orange (rather than blue when it is on). If the LED is orange, the monitor wakes up fine (I'm not getting the "No Signal" problem). However, sometimes the LED goes off and then I can't get it to go back on without a power cycle.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Problem started a few weeks ago, sister installed Nero 7, on the PC, on bootup the screen was no longer centered. It was so far off my monitor settings couldn't fix it, so I installed Nvidia Control Panel and moved it using the tools available. I'm using 250GTS card. Problem has gotten significantly worse on bootup now. The monitor will go off and on during bootup, finally going off after the Windows 7 splash screen. Sometimes the monitor will come back on and sometimes not. If I can manage to blindly load a program, the monitor seems to come awake. Thanks in advance.

A:PC Startup, Monitor Turns Off and On

Have you been able to remove Nero 7 as yet? This warning is included on their download site

"Nero 7 has not been tested to meet all of the technical requirements to be Compatible with Windows? 7. Nero Multimedia Suite 10 has passed Microsoft-designed tests for compatibility and reliability on PCs running the Windows? 7 operating system. Upgrade to Nero Multimedia Suite 10 today for Windows? 7 compatibility".

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero7-update.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358992/pc-startup-monitor-turns-off-and-on/
Relevancy 49.45%

Understand that before reading this post I am no where near my PC Okay I seem to have a problem lately where my monitor turns purple To correct the problem I have to wobble my connection to the purple. Monitor turns card around This no longer works and I have to seat my full tower down on my desk It takes up a lot of space Now I haven t had the time Monitor turns purple. to Monitor turns purple. test out another monitor video card or DVI to VGA connector nor do I have the ability to perform those tests I have an EVGA GeForce GS KO What do you guys think is the problem My card monitor DVI to VGA adapter my cable or something else Oh and what do you think EVGA will send back as a replacement seeing as my card is year and days old now Maybe an EVGA GeForce GT KO if I get lucky Or would they just send me another lame GS nbsp

A:Monitor turns purple.

my cable,Click to expand...

to the monitor

But test with another monitor to confirm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-purple.103543/
Relevancy 49.02%

After getting a couple blue screens I am having the following issue When I turn my computer on the fans and drives all start up After approx seconds the computer shuts itself off After another seconds the computer turns itself back on again This time it stays on but i have no monitor output I don t hear a beep video Computer on has turns then turns no output off back on, turns but which tells me it is probably not posting I have read a few other threads that have a similar issue but not the same I am thinking it is either the mobo GPU or PSU I would like any guidance and assistance that you guys can give me on this specifically what i should look at first and how to diagnose Thanks system specs below ASUS P Q Pro ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo E GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor EVGA GeForce GTX Core -P - -AR Video Card Antec EA W Power Supply OCZ GB x GB -Pin DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Memory nbsp

A:Computer turns on, turns off then turns back on but has no video output

Motherboard Short

I have helped somebody who had a similar issue and it was the motherboard being shorted out by the case. We took the motherboard out of the case and it booted up just fine. Something you might want to try before purchasing new components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-turns-off-then-turns-back-on-but-has-no-video-output.152198/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, first of all sorry, my english is not too good.

My problem is on the screen of my laptop, it will not turn on, only occasionally.

The model is Hp tx2000.

The monitor will not turn, you hear when it comes to windows and if I connect external monitor everything looks good.

things I've tried:

1) I tried the inverter with other laptop. (the screen of the other laptop turn on)
2) I tried another inverter (the screen turn on).
3) I read some problem about high temperature and gpu, i followed a video from youtube (now the temperaures decrease at least 15 degrees lol).
4) I pull out the Batery and pressed the button of power for 1 minute. (sometimes work but not enough).
5) Press Fn + f4 for change display source (nothing happend).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-monitor-only-turns-on-occasionally.171435/
Relevancy 48.59%

How could this be? I tried to adjust the monitor's settings (contrast, brightness and color) but it wont work. I tried also checked the port of the video and the cable, tighten it and somehow it works! But sometimes, the monitor/display turns to yellow again..What should i do? PLease help..

Thanks.

A:Monitor/Display turns to yellow

If your video card is an addon card plugged into your computer's motherboard it may have become loose inside. (ie you may need to remount the internal video card securely)

If you video card is onboard, ie part of the main internal motherboard. I would suspect that one of the pins, either on the motherboard video connector, or on the monitor, has been pushed in slightly. (not creaing proper contact)

Otherwise it could just be a faulty monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-display-turns-to-yellow.102502/