Windows Support Forum

Screen too dim

Q: Screen too dim

After 3 days of not using my pc(due to broken psu) after I replace with a new psu my screen is so dim tried everything from replacing wires,adjusting brightness,replacing hardwares to replacing monitors but the problem still persists I dunno what the problem is can someone help me. thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Screen too dim

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Screen too dim

Information needed: Make and Model of computer / motherboard / video card / monitor / etc.
Cannot help if no information is available about what you are using. What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-too-dim.208130/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 27.09%

My laptop was working fine the other day... Came back to it the next morning and the screen wouldn't come on and it kept resetting every 30 seconds or so. Once I finally got it to boot and get to sign in page the screen was all scrambled. But, everything else worked I could log in but couldn't do anything...

Anyone got a solution?

A:blank screen and restarting laptop every few secs or scrambled screen at sign in screen

What do you mean scrambled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300612/blank-screen-and-restarting-laptop-every-few-secs-or-scrambled-screen-at-sign-in-screen/
Relevancy 27.09%

This is the strangest thing I've ever seen from a PC. I'm at the computer and the print screen key prints the previous screen rather than printing the current screen.

Another peculiarity on this PC is the behavior I get from a paid version of PDF-995. This is software that is used to convert non-PDF files into PDFs. It is behaving very strangely. Instead of capturing the current document, it appears to actually create a PDF that is a print-capture of the previous screen - the desktop screen that was up before you were looking at the document you want to convert to pdf format.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

It's running Windows XP Pro. The hardware is a 2.5GHz CPU with 256 MR of RAM. I haven't noticed any other odd behavior on the PC yet. No recent downloads that I know of.

A:Solved: Print screen key prints previous screen instead of printing the current screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-print-screen-key-prints-previous-screen-instead-of-printing-the-current-screen.415833/
Relevancy 27.09%

I've been using Windows 10 for just over one year. For some reason the Lock Screen/Sign-in screen shows three users. All three are me in three iterations. I find also that when trying to save some excel and word documents I receive messages saying that i am not allowed to save to this folder or that folder. I am able to save to the desk top and then drag and drop the document into the folder that I need to place it in. I know that this must have something to do with "permissions". Not sure how to fix that. One of the accounts that shows up is the initial account that I created back when hotmail.com was around. Any ideas/advice on these issues? When i updated to Windows 10, pretty certain that i followed all of the instructions, although that has been over 1 year now. Thank you in advance...cheers and beers to all!

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65074-lock-screen-sign-screen-problems-screen-shows-three-users.html
Relevancy 27.09%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 27.09%

XP Service Pack 3

Screensaver is enabled and so is 'Display welcome screen when coming back from screensaver'.

This works most of the time, however on a regular basis the screensaver will resume to the following screen and just stay there forever.

The only thing to do is to press the power button, at which point a popup alerts that a user is logged in, do you still want to shut down.

Thanks,

-G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/coming-back-from-screen-saver-stuck-on-splash-screen-instead-of-welcome-screen.870983/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello Recently my laptop screen had to be replaced due to a cracked screen Original screen was a Samsung and the new screen is LG After this whenever I install Intel HD graphics windows boots up till the login screen and then goes black one bright flicker then Screen/Blank screen after Black screen replacement completely black again However when I boot into safe mode and replace Intel HD graphics driver with Standard VGA adapter everything works fine except for crappy graphics ofcourse I tried installing various old new latest versions of driver software upgrade downgrade BIOS install monitor inf file from lenovo website for this laptop model everything Odd thing running Dxdiag shows my current display to be x bit hz So I tried to change the display refresh rate in advanced settings gt Screen refresh rate no luck no other option except ' Use hardware defaults' So I went ahead an modified registry values as given here How to Modify the Video Refresh Frequency in the Registry Again no use After I reboot and go back and check its set to by default Tried clean installs installing on a completely Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement new HDD Windows Pro Windows Ultimate Windows everything Is it a screen problem Or some hardware ID kind of thing What should I do Please help Dxdiag information ------------------ System Information ------------------ Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement Time of this report Machine name UNKNOWN-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer LENOVO System Model AG BIOS Ver PARTTBLx Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Core i DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A AA amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name ThinkPad Display x Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E - - CF- B -EA CACC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x A AA Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available

A:Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement

Not all laptop screens are the same. It is important to get a "replacement" screen, not a "compatible" one.

On the back of the laptop screen is a product sticker (you can only read this before you install the screen). On that sticker is the manufacturer and model #. You can use that number to find exact replacements.

How did you come to choose the LG screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/360164-black-screen-blank-screen-after-screen-replacement.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys Ok so I redid the post as it all came out quite unclear and blurry Screen turns either black grey or whatever color is closest to the program I was running in stripes as the image in my own reply shows Occationally my screen flickers but runs for a bit longer but it seems to be a sign of the system crashing The screen flickers occationally during bootup and sometimes causes my computer to run with the screen inactive When the system crashes I often get a message showing the OC had failed when I am running default settings and sometimes I get an error loading OS which seems peculiar as I ve had no pixelated screen Grey screen striped Screen, or issues with my harddrives on earlier occations untill now when I replaced my video card and RAM memory Speccs New card ASUS adeon EAH v Mainboard ASUS P P TD Grey Screen, striped screen or pixelated screen -socket Intel Dualcore CPU running GHz New RAM Corsair GB DDR MHz OS Newly installed Windows -bit Both BSOD error logs are in a zipped folder in the first post nbsp

A:Grey Screen, striped screen or pixelated screen

Bump with content ok so I managed to boot my system in safe mode and I'm going to add the .dmp file and the .xml file from the error log which for once confirmed a bluescreen(See picture for the "blue" screen)
Also the system nearly every time after crashing claims I have OC'd the system when I was running default settings except for setting the HDD with my OS first.

I've added both logs in the zipped folder attached, couldnt upload them as they were due to file format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/grey-screen-striped-screen-or-pixelated-screen.951149/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is driving me crazy.

Right after I boot my laptop, the screen flashes randomly.

Also something is stealing focus from what I am working on to something else.

Then it likes to suddenly go to a grey screen. I have to manually reboot.

If that is not enough, it like to just reboot.

Scanned with my AVG and Kaspersky, nothing found. Tried TrendMicro House Call, nothing. Dr. Web, nothing.

All drivers are up to date.

I have run it in the safe mode for about an hour with no problems. No new software installed recently. I went to restore and it was only dated from the previous day, so no help there.

I would prefer not to Nuke and pave, but if that what I need to do, I can.

Any thoughts, theories, explosives you can recommend for this?

I await with enlarging piles of hair as I pull it out.
Roger

A:Windows screen flashes, random grey screen & random black screen

Welcome to SF!

This sounds like a case of overheating, Download Speccy and upload a Screenshot
when in normal use (not Safe-Mode).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302037-windows-screen-flashes-random-grey-screen-random-black-screen.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello tech It s easter so I realise some helpers might be away and help might be a bit slow as well as answers full then go in press a seconds Alt+Enter 2 screen.opens I small couple screen of DOS from me until Tuesday lol I got a problem driving me up the wall for four days now I use a developer program to make executables hobby of mine saves me going troppo called Clarion it works OK I made a DOSable program with it it works OK Once I could open to full size DOS screen by pressing the Alt Enter keys and it would stay open until I was finished with it then I could revert back to a small screen by pressing Alt Enter keys again Now if I press Alt Enter keys the DOS screen appears but it stays open in I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds full screen for a couple of seconds then automatically closes back to the usual small screen I have tried right clicking on the icon properties screen and putting a dot in the full size option but this does not work I have scanned my PC for viruses etc but I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds no joy there I have Dialup only so don t ask me to do a Panda or Trend scan as they drop you if you no got broadband I I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds m using XP pro meg ram using a Gigabyte MB and Nivida video card XP working OK-dokie sound ok-dokie video ok-dokie screen to DOS wonkie OK what do I do now nbsp

A:I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds

You can download PowerCmd and use CTRL+ENTER to test its full screen mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-press-alt-enter-dos-screen-opens-2-full-screen-then-go-small-in-a-couple-of-seconds.695080/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone I'm having trouble with my Acer laptop This is what happened I recieved an automatic update for IE I tryed it out I did not like the new settings So I tryed to delete it it said that I Vista Windows Screen after into System Blue Login goes Screen. Error Restore No do not have permission to do that So I did a System Restore to go back to IE and it looked like it was doing it's thing Then it went into the Blue Error Screen I turned my laptop off and then back on No Windows Vista Login Screen after System Restore goes into Blue Error Screen. after a minute or so Everything looked ok all the intros still come on but quot Windows Vista Home Premium bit Full Version Login Screen or Welcome Screen quot does not load at all Just stays on a blank black screen with the mouse arrow I tried using the F options on the laptop but they have not done anything so far SafeMode does not work and apparently there are no Restore Points anymore No Backups either Command Prompt still works I did a scan and it said there is nothing wrong but there is Should I get the full version of Windows Vista Install Disk and use the Repair option from there You know where the disk has options like Install Uninstall Repair I'm not talking about a Recovery Disk with the same F options as my laptop

A:No Windows Vista Login Screen after System Restore goes into Blue Error Screen.

Originally Posted by staypuft

Hi everyone. I'm having trouble with my Acer laptop. This is what happened. I recieved an automatic update for IE9. I tryed it out, I did not like the new settings. I tryed to delete it, it said that I do not have permission to do that. So I did a system restore to go back to IE8 and it looked like it was doing it's thing. Then it went into Blue Error Screen. I turned my laptop off and then back on after a minute or so. Everything looked ok, all intros still comes on but "Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit (Full Version) Login Screen or Welcome Screen" does not load at all. Just stays with a blank screen and arrow. I tried using the F8 options on the laptop but they have done nothing so far. SafeMode does not work and apparently there are no Restore Points. No Backups either. Command Prompt still works. I did a scan and it said there is nothing wrong but there is. Should I get the full version of Windows Vista Install Disc and use the repair option from there? You know where it has options like Install, Uninstall, Repair? I'm not talking about a Recovery Disc with same F8 options.

Can someone please give me an explaination on how I can boot a disc from a DVD drive. I'm unable to login to Windows Vista, do I use the Command Prompts to boot a disc?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/290158-no-windows-vista-login-screen-after-system-restore-goes-into-blue-error-screen.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Start up then screen goes black before I even get chance to log in. If I shine a torch on the screen I can see it is working but impossible to do anything.

I think it needs some new part(s) installed to fix this (I think).
I know it's an old no longer supported system but I use it to run the TV guide, play some language cd's I have installed & Google some info.

I think 1 item is n inverter ?

Thanks 4 any help

A:Inspiron 8600 running xp black screen but torch shone on screen & can vaguely see

It could be the inverter - particuarly if the failure was sudden.  It could also be the backlight bulb itself, meaning a replacement screen is needed. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982657
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Everyone As the title says about i have a Dell Vostro and im running Windows with a bit It is only years only It started about a month ago I was on my laptop viewing and Black screen. Vostro login screen Dell reach Wont 1520. deleting some unwanted photos i had A few minutes later Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen i realized that i deleted a photo that i wanted So i went to the recycling bin and restored that photo When i went back to my photos and went into the album it said something like i do no have permission to access this folder Please press continue to get full permission I clicked continue and i got the access i should have Now i tried many more random folders and the same Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen thing happened Also when i came Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen out of the folders the folders had a big pad lock sign on the front of it After that i shut down the laptop and went to turn it back on The laptop will power on like normal I can press f for the boot options which i have already tried many times I also tried it in safe mode and what-not but still nothing I can hear the fan and stuff spinning up like normal I have also put and CD into the CD ROM and that spins up fine So after the Dell logo on the screen it goes black and stays that way with the cursor You can move the cursor around no problem I should also add that the battery light is and has been flashing for a good wile Its flashing orange and blue I m wondering if this has anything to do with the battery Because my laptop will not charge with the AC adapter in it for many months now It will only stay powered on with the AC adapter plugged in One more thing The LED lights over the buttons None of the are flashing besides one on the far left And i cant find out anywhere what this LED light stands for It looks like a battery to me Any advice would be so great The way it is now i don t care about the laptop I really want to hope i can save my pictures and videos i have on there nbsp

A:Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Since its a laptop the harddrive is easy to pull out and remove.If you have or can get a usb sata/ide connector hook the drive to that and then to another computer if you have one so you can save all of your important data like pix, music, etc.The laptop battery is going to have to be replaced since its no longer charging properly.It sounds like there might be a short somewhere or a power supply problem along with a bad battery.Or possibly something might be wrong with the screen or video or graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-black-screen-wont-reach-login-screen.1031342/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am having this problem that the bottom of the screen keeps flashing and there are several obvious light lines across the screen when under grey background However it seems to be fine under other colors in boot screen check it s also fine Here re some photos for the light lines As for the flashing problem I cannot capture any photos Photos are captured on (Late screen DELL screen and flashing lines M3800 2013) the light by NIKON D DSLR I purchased this Precision M model with K touchscreen last April And this problem repeatedly appears several times And I have replaced the screen twice before this one I have done my research online It says it s either the screen has something wrong or the wires are loose I don t think my normal everyday use should make such damage to SEVERAL SCREENS I use this mobile workstation for some design work at school Software I use is mainly Photoshop Illustrator Rhino Modeling amp Keyshot rendering nbsp Can anyone help me with this

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19967402
Relevancy 23.22%

HI I was being helped by Quads on the norton community I know he helps out here too Quads was helping me but I screwed up thought I was helping to save time yes I know I saved you alot of time now but I did not starting Freezing, and when screen computer the redirect search black Screen engine follow complete instructions This is what was done so far OTL scan was run adwcleaner was run had adwcleaner delete Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer all and reboot ran combofix when computer was rebooting it got stuck on the black screen for about an hour Had to restart it again and when it did it restored to a previous date This is where I screwed up Since it was a previous date it seemed like nothing had taken place no downloads on the desktop Ran the otl scan again adwcleaner again log looked the same as first time so I deleted all again Ran combofix and rebooted and it gave me a log That is where I am stuck I dont know whether to leave these downloads on the computer delete them I dont think that Quads is going to help me anymore since I messed up so I was wondering if anyone else could help I just really want to finish what was started The computer was stuck on the black screen this morning and finally got it restarted after about times But I do think there is some kind of virus Still have adwcleaner and combofix downloaded on the computer Dont know if I should delete them or what Thanks Kim

A:Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

and create a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472849/screen-freezing-search-engine-redirect-and-black-screen-when-starting-the-computer/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey everyone I seem to have a recurring problem that I just can t puzzle out on my own and need some help here A few months ago I had to replace my power supply unit and at the same time decided to upgrade my RAM and OS moving from Windows Vista to Win Before I was running on gig of DDR PC DELL Starting on restarts itself/ - Windows screen/ Screen Freezes XPS710 Blue - MHz I updated it to PNY gigs also DDR PC - Computer kept restarting so I brought it down to gigs - things worked DELL XPS710 - Blue screen/ Windows restarts itself/ Freezes on Starting Screen ok for a little while and then I started to have similar problems again My PC continually restarts itself randomly Displays the Blue Screen after an hour or so of operation and constantly freezes on the starting Windows logo screen I have absolutely no clue where these issues could be coming from All of the RAM seems to be accurate spec wise and I DELL XPS710 - Blue screen/ Windows restarts itself/ Freezes on Starting Screen don t believe the Power Supply to be at fault Also this is more recently whenever I try to sync up my iPod with iTuens my system also decides to restart itself randomly during the sync Any help on the issue would be GREATLY appreciated Below are additional PC specs - OS Windows ultimate bit - CPU Intel Core - of them at GHz - Gigs PNY RAM - any additional specs needed - please let me know I m out of ideas here any suggestions would be very appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:DELL XPS710 - Blue screen/ Windows restarts itself/ Freezes on Starting Screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-xps710-blue-screen-windows-restarts-itself-freezes-on-starting-screen.958128/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Last week I had to replace a corrupt HDD on my R Samsung Laptop s HDD After reinstalling windows I installed the drivers for my hardware according to the Samsung website Since this happened of the time when I launch a program that enters full screen mode i e games and also sometimes when alt tabbing out of these applications the display goes solid black and then begins to cycle through solid colours when cycles full colours Screen programs. Problem!! launching Graphics through screen The only thing I can imagine would be causing the problem to occur is when Graphics Problem!! Screen cycles through colours when launching full screen programs. opening the programs the Graphics Problem!! Screen cycles through colours when launching full screen programs. screen resolution changes and somehow causes an error due to the drivers The graphics card is an Intel R HD Graphics The video BIOS is Current Graphics mode is by I d really appreciate any useful comments on this problem as it has become quite tedious If you need any more information please let me know what it is and the best way to obtain it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics Problem!! Screen cycles through colours when launching full screen programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-problem-screen-cycles-through-colours-when-launching-full-screen-programs.1050406/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just replaced the screen on this laptop. Only about 1/4 of the screen on the left side is working and is working right. The system is running Vista and it boots up right. Wonder if the inverter needs replaced. Other 3/4 is a dark gray with no cursor showing. Need to fix for Mom. Please help. Thanks.

A:Solved: Dell Studio 1735 Laptop screen replaced, only 1/4 of screen working

Check cable which connect display to mobo firstly. If not cable, rest you already said.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-studio-1735-laptop-screen-replaced-only-1-4-of-screen-working.1040315/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I am having several problems with my computer wondering if I am infected with something First noticed the computer running slowly Then began freezing all the time Then noticed that when I switch to a new internet page at times I notice a small black screen that will pop-up or flash on the page but only for a second almost like you'd get on a quot run command quot type scrren if that makes sense Also I keep getting a security options failure It seems this only comes after the computer freezes and I try to hit alt control delete to bring up task manager I have tried to run Norton Anti-virus and spybot I've used CCleaner to remove unnecessary files clean The virus software finds in popping Infected? black screen and background, freezing Blue up slow screen, nothing unusual usually some cookies with tracking but no virus Any ideas Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Windows System wpcumi exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC hp kbd kbd exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system sdclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar ... Read more

A:Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250782/infected-blue-screen-black-screen-popping-up-in-background-freezing-and-slow/
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay here's a little background information Bought my PC in Have had to replace video cards since i've bought it One was replaced under warranty the other I bought Since I purchased my PC the only parts splash mode. safe screen acces Black Unable Windows to screen. after I have replaced are My video card cards later i'm on my most recent one EVGA Nvidia GT http www evga com articles asp I also upgraded my PSU to an Enermax Pro w http www directron com epr awt html OS Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P BW-LA http h www hp com ewfrf wc d name c I mainly use my Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. computer for gaming after my first video card died i was sent a beefier card http reviews cnet com graphics-car tag mncol lst after that my PC was no longer under warranty so I had to buy my next cards my self My problem I Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. left my computer on while making some food I had world of warcraft opened When I finished making food I got back to my computer and moved my mouse to get it out of sleep mode I run a dual display set up once my monitors loaded up one of the screens was pure white and the other screen was black I was forced to hold the power button down to turn off my PC From there Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. on out everytime I boot my computer up I get my PC's loading screen which i'm able to acces BIOS or system restore after my PC's loading screen I get the windows splash screen after that my monitor is pure black The PC is still on and running but there's no display I plugged my monitor into my onboard and enabled it through BIOS same thing I originally thought this was a video card problem but after going through my onboard i realized this isn't the case Anytime i try to run windows normally the black screen happens wether its through my video card or through my onboard So my next idea was to start in safe mode Unfortunatley that doesn't work either It loads up all my system drivers then stops after windows system giveio sys Could this be an OS problem Maybe my mobo is shot and that's why i've been burning video cards cards in years is a little ridiculous Should I reformat Should I replace my mobo Please help Heres my PC's exact specs keep in mind i replaced my video card and PSU as mentioned before in this post http h www hp com ewfrf wc p roduct Please help me money is tight and I can't afford to be guessing and replacing parts thank you Joseph

A:Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode.

bump, please help :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen-unable-to-acces-safe-mode-383474.html
Relevancy 23.22%

when I last powered it screen Bios enter I goes the for computer 30 os to mins stays it the on on choose power when before my screen on my machine It stayed on when I power on my computer it stays on the Bios enter screen for 30 mins before it goes to the choose os screen the screen I can use to enter Bios for hours maybe more I am afraid to turn my machine off again but I know I will need to eventually I used trend micro and did a online virus scan that found no threat then I used hijack this here are the results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system PackethSvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system UStorSrv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files CASIO YouTube Uploader for CASIO YStart exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files CompuServe b wcs exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Compaq Owner My Documents avg download file HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www zdnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO... Read more

A:when I power on my computer it stays on the Bios enter screen for 30 mins before it goes to the choose os screen

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318955/when-i-power-on-my-computer-it-stays-on-the-bios-enter-screen-for-30-mins-before-it-goes-to-the-choose-os-screen/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/
Relevancy 23.22%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 23.22%

my screen stays black and shows the mouse icon and won't load my home screen?

A:my home screen won't load up my screen stays black and shows the mouse

Hello,

Try booting the PC into Safe Mode. Start your computer in safe mode

If successfully able to boot into Safe Mode try running a System Restore back to a date when it was working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-home-screen-wont-load-up-my-screen-stays-black-and-shows-the-mouse-684158.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 23.22%

When I play any flash videos in full mode on my second screen, there is empty space on the bottom and top of my screen. This started happening recently and I am not sure what caused it. If I move the video over to my primary screen, I can view the video in full mode with any white borders. I am including 2 images to show the difference. On my primary screen you see that the video takes advantage of my whole screen, while on the secondary screen, there is empty space on top and bottom. This just started happening recently and I am trying to figure out what is causing it. The resolution on my primary screen is 1600 x 900 and on secondary screen is 1440 x 900.

Primary Screen -
Secondary Screen -

A:Flash full screen leaving empty space on top and bottom of my screen

My first guess without knowing anything else is this is simply the graphic driver/card's way of dealing with the aspect ratio difference between the two monitors. It is possible this only started after a update to the flash player or graphics driver, I don't really see it as anything to be concerned about, and more than likely a great deal more trouble to solve than it's worth.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/166137-flash-full-screen-leaving-empty-space-top-bottom-my-screen.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that I use quot as a desktop quot as every piece of hardware is connected to it It runs with Windows Home Edition It has a gb memory and a gb hard drive live Photo to Saver screen Screen back wont revert which is less than half used I have the screen saver set to Photos and usually have a cut-in time of hour idle The screen saver cuts in exactly when it should and scrolls through my photos for as long as the laptop is left idle However as soon as I touch the mouse keyboard instead of reverting to the quot normal quot screen the photos disappear the blank screen fades for a few seconds and then a message appears in a box saying that the Photos Screen Saver is not responding and gives the options of either close the program or wait for the programme to respond Waiting doesn't seem to work so I have to click on close the programme and then cancel the statement that Windows will try to find a solution because it doesn't I have Photo Screen Saver wont revert back to live screen tried to vary the time before the screen Photo Screen Saver wont revert back to live screen saver kicks in anything from minute to several hours but it doesn't seem to make any difference Can anyone help please

A:Photo Screen Saver wont revert back to live screen

Have you checked the timing for when the HDD turns off or Sleep or Hibernation kicks in [I disable both of those and lengthen the time on the HDD to several hours], Control Panel, Power Options?

The reason I mentioned the HDD is the symptoms you mentioned seem to apply. The screen saver could be in memory and not affected by the HDD until it's asked for something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349972-photo-screen-saver-wont-revert-back-live-screen.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi guys, i use a sony vaio laptop, model VGN-NR11S/S, with windows vista home premium installed. I noticed that when booting with a CD in it, it stops at the loading bar screen (black screen) and does not continue booting except i remove the CD.

The problem now is that it does not boot beyond the loading bar screen anymore with or without a CD in the system. I cant use the system again, i need suggestions to get the system functioning. Thanks.

A:windows vista not booting to logon screen, stops at loading bar screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-booting-to-logon-screen-stops-at-loading-bar-screen.868579/
Relevancy 23.22%

When I'm connected to the Internet, I get the black screen with the Windows XP logo flitting about if I've been innactive for 2 mins. Can I correct it?

A:Solved: Screen keeps going back to Black screen with Windows XP icon keeps coming up

Only when connected to the internet?

Right click empty desktop.
Properties>Screensaver - Check what you have it set to.

Monitor Power.
Power schemes>always on.
Turn off monitor>never.
System standby>never.
Turn off hard disks>never.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-keeps-going-back-to-black-screen-with-windows-xp-icon-keeps-coming-up.950219/
Relevancy 23.22%

When I start windows normally, it get color distortion like this http://puu.sh/NXuz
And then it black screens. In safe mode everything is okay. The things that use same resources http://puu.sh/NXtn
Here is cbs log ( i can't read it)
http://www.mediafire.com/?6hrb8t0qhkdmbbr

Thanks for any help
I repeat, in safe mode it works normal, so i suspect driver clash.

A:Windows 7 Colors distortion and black screen upon welcome screen (pictures and logs)

Update or reinstall the video drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-colors-distortion-and-black-screen-upon-welcome-screen-pictures-and-logs.1063554/
Relevancy 23.22%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

A:URGENT LENOVO Y460 previously Blue Screen now Black Screen

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1117670-urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue-screen-now-black-screen.1117669/
Relevancy 23.22%

pavilion dv9600 entertainment start screen blank if screen not fully open, external screen fine and shows login infoif fully open all is fine, after login screen to the pc it can be partially  closed  or pulled back and will operate in the window environment perfectly

A:pavilion dv9600 start screen blank if screen not fully open,...

Hi @reneC, Good day! Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to have the best experience in the HP forums. I read the post regarding issues with the display which works at a specific angle. I?ll be glad to assist you with this.   You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. You?ve done some awesome diagnosis and troubleshooting. Kudos to you on that score. . I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.         When did this first occur?         Please provide the complete model# of the unit.As this is an older computer, service options with HP may not be available as the parts for this unit is not supplied anymore by our business partners. I request you to contact a technician locally, like Best Buy or Staples and get the situation corrected. Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as ?Accepted Solution? as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/pavilion-dv9600-start-screen-blank-if-screen-not-fully-open/td-p/5846184
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

My laptop: Dell Latitude E5550 - 15.6" FHD - Core i5 5300U - Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD.

Does anybody know what drivers/software is responsible for displaying On Screen Volume and Screen Brightness Indicator (while pressing Fn+F2,F3,...) ?

What I've found so far that the Dell QuickSet may does the work (link to this solution: No Level Indicator When Using Keyboard Audio Volume Controls), but I couldn't find a compatible version of this soft with Dell Latitude E5550.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/387210-dell-latitude-e5550-screen-volume-screen-brightness-indicator.html
Relevancy 23.22%

i m unable to change my windows 8 appearance as this menu is disable in my windows can anyone please help me as i m new to windows 8 ?

A:unable to customize lock screen, start screen, account picture

If you're using the official release of Windows 8 Enterprise trial, you'll need to activate it. PC Settings doesn't have an entry to Activate, so you'll need to go to the Desktop to do so. The little Action Center icon on the lower right hand side (a little flag) should have a red X. Click on it, and it should say you need to activate. Do so, and you'll get those customizing features unlocked.

Product Key Number - Change in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/9079-unable-customize-lock-screen-start-screen-account-picture.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I've been working on a dell inspiron 1525 today and cant figure what is causing this problem.

The laptop boots, displays the post screen, and then the screen goes black.
You can boot into BIOS,
You can boot into the Boot menu.

You cannot boot into safe mode, the f8 key does nothing,
when using the boot menu, u can't boot into a windows disc to reload the operating system, it just goes black.
I did however manage to boot into a linux cd i have and run a HDD test (what passed) and a memory test (what also passed).

It does exactly the same on an external monitor aswell so I am lost with this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1525 - Screen goes black after POST screen?

Which OS is on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-inspiron-1525-screen-goes-black-after-post-screen-642561.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Specs HP Compaq SFF Running XP PRO SP With A GHz P and GBs of RAM Let me tell you what happened I was having problems with a very very slow CD DVD combo drive and I looked around and around and could find only one thing that seemed like it would help and it made perfect sense You see I have a good computer but it is a Small Form--not allowing me to add much to it Anything that I have added has to be added as a slave device Anyway my configuration was this My boot Upon Reboot: Blue BIOS/ACPI help! Error--Striped Screen Screen Please drive is a GB SATA drive Then I have only one IDE Controller on the Motherboard which has the Blue Screen BIOS/ACPI Error--Striped Screen Upon Reboot: Please help! CD DVD drive as master and an old GB Hard Drive as slave My optical drive was turtle or snail slow when viewing pictures copying pasting files to the HD and anything that is data oriented So what I did was disconnect the slave HD drive to see if that would make it run like an optical drive was supposed to run a little slow but bearable When I did this and reconnected and rebooted it would not boot to anything--safe mode windows last known configuration hp recovery boot discs nothing At the opening screen I get the opening HP screen but it has stripes I go into BIOS and the menus are striped If I try to boot to Windows Safe Mode I get either a black screen where nothing happens Blue Screen BIOS/ACPI Error--Striped Screen Upon Reboot: Please help! an endless pause or a Blue Screen telling me that I have a BIOS error and they have stopped at this point to avoid any further damage There's also a message telling me to press F to disable ACPI so that I can continue with an installation This has never happened to me before Because I took out a drive that was a slave drive Please help me with any advice that you can

A:Blue Screen BIOS/ACPI Error--Striped Screen Upon Reboot: Please help!

to the Bleeping Computer forum.

At the opening screen, I get the opening HP screen, but it has stripes. I go into BIOS and the menus are striped.

My assumption is one of the memory sticks got loosed from it's slot when you played with the HDD. Please remove the memory modules and use a pencil rubber to clean it's gold plated contacts.  After making sure the contacts are clean and shining, inset them to the slots. If there is more than one module, connect one at a time. Now try to boot the system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507397/blue-screen-biosacpi-error-striped-screen-upon-reboot-please-help/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 23.22%

i'm sorry but i've had it so here is what happens first you should know i had to take my pc to the shop bought a new hdd and reinstalled windows xp service pack I press the power button windows start loading sometimes a blue screen appears and if you wait long enough a startup, when freezes screen Blue at works welcome screen, at unplugged monitor welcome screen and that's it Sometimes is goes past the welcome screen it loads normally and freezes after half an hour I took it to the shop and it worked fine Blue screen at startup, freezes at welcome screen, works when monitor unplugged there Brought it back home still blue screen etc It start normally if i unplug the monitor Sometimes if i plug it back in the monitor start normally other times it just stays black i'll give you Blue screen at startup, freezes at welcome screen, works when monitor unplugged any information needed but it will take a while since i don't have the heart to restart my pc this many times i think in the last two days i've restarted it like times no kiddin' ok thank you System AMD Sempron tm Processor GHz mb of RAM Monitor Samsung syncmaster sn Graphic Card nvidia geforce Also here are some errors warnings from the system log The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts For the next seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems It will resume its normal behavior after that If this problem persists verify your TCP IP configuration specifically check that you have a preferred and possibly an alternate DNS server configured If the problem continues verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator Timeout milliseconds waiting for a transaction response from the NVSvc service The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources however none of the sources are currently accessible No attempt to contact a source will be made for minutes NtpClient has no source of accurate time

A:Blue screen at startup, freezes at welcome screen, works when monitor unplugged

It seems to me that you might have a bad/dying power supply unit.

How long have you got the computer?

Take it to the shop and let them test it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-at-startup-freezes-at-welcome-screen-works-when-monitor-unplugged-617389.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Kind of screen glitch that appears before windows lock screen appears at start restart and a notable delay in starting restarting time boot appears+smal screen delay [screen glitch] before lock than with my st win install I think this appeared after I installed my windows back dont ask me why a clean install and installed my win back again I dont think Ive done them corectly I couldnt install win it in C neither to format that partition because of this message Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition table On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GPT disks and an error code x smth while attempting [screen glitch] before lock screen appears+smal boot delay to format the C [screen glitch] before lock screen appears+smal boot delay I could only manage to instal windows back after deleting all of the partiton and now I have a single C one When Ive tried to reinstall windows these days I expected to see only a partiton where to put my windows but instead there were other minor ones too they dint shown during my win install like they appear now if I open disk management So now I have that glitch when starting windows I dont know how to describe it its a black screen -with that windows doted loading wheel -partially covering my Motherboard logo screen that screen at startup with bios setup boot menu options etc I say partially becuase I can see parts of my motherboard screen on left and right but they are kinda shredded and disolved into scraps This appears after the clean Motherboard screen witht those options I mentioned above On my st win install this dint use to happen So Now I f I want to do a clean correct install of windows what should I do asking these in the context of those EFI recovery partitions I havent seen till now while installing windows

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/15526-screen-glitch-before-lock-screen-appears-smal-boot-delay.html
Relevancy 23.22%

When i run maplestory my screen goes black and my screen light power button blinks.
What can be the problem?

A:When i run maplestory my screen goes black and my screen light power button blinks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-run-maplestory-my-screen-goes-black-and-my-screen-light-power-button-blinks.448645/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey everyone I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while or has been in the past Was upgrading to windows I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck around It then got through that and began the installation process with the big circle and rebooting process However around when I last looked at it it was just black screen this stayed this way for about - hours I then decided to reboot the pc and it has now booted to the login screen Is this a known (no screen just Black Screen to blank) but cursor of Doom Booted login bug or could there be a possible issue The problem seems a bit different Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) as some people I saw have had to fall back on PC restore points etc So not sure if it installed or what could be the problem Also side note I upgraded my pc when windows first publically released but rolled back because I had about min shutdown times So not sure what is Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) going on and any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

I never had a problem upgrading like you've experienced but I experiencing Windows 10 upgrading process is the longest time taken ever compared to previous versions. It took me 1 hour+ to finished.

Play around a little bit to get used to it then did a clean install. No problem arise, seems working fine.

The point is, problems always happen after upgrading, to solve it just perform installation from scratch (clean install).

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37857-black-screen-doom-but-booted-login-screen-no-cursor-just-blank.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi there I have been stuck with the above issue for the last couple of days and would appreciate some help asap In reflecting on the above the comp is at the point where it is continuously restarting I was able to insert the installation required disk it was asking me for Screen, Prior restarting) (cont Vista Blue Screen - Startup earlier and was able to open up to a screen resembling safe-mode However I can no longer do this on my own or through quot start-up repair quot If it is helpful in reading the start-up repair screen and seeing quot windows cannot repair the comp automatically quot as well as looking throughthe quot problem details quot I see recall seeing possible registry errors such Prior Blue Screen, Startup Screen (cont restarting) - Vista as quot rollback registry quot If this can not be fixed or is not a quick fix I am also open to the idea of reseting reformatting the hard drive but only if I can recover some files using open-source software such as recuva or the like Appreciate the help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prior-blue-screen-startup-screen-cont-restarting-vista.1170476/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey guys I was installing kali from a usb drive, when it was partitioning the drive it crashed... So I turned off my lenovo g570 4334 laptop, pulled out the usb drive and booted my laptop up normally..... It loaded the lenovo screen, with the options to access bios, then loaded a black screen with a blinking underscore.... I can't do anything at all except from the bios.... I've been searching for hours, Microsoft support for 2 hours straight... And now I just feel like crying.... Please help me!

A:Urgent! Win7 will not load after lenovo boot screen, black screen

How to run chkdsk and System File Checker (SFC) from the Recovery Console Boot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
At the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower left
At the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C and click Next
At the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directory
Run chkdsk first then SFC
If you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.
For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above if not C.
For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)
Let either run to completion undisturbed.

Vista or Windows 7:

If you don't have a install DVD, you can download a legal copy here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Windows Vista Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have installed: 32 or 64 bit; Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323488-urgent-win7-will-not-load-after-lenovo-boot-screen-black-screen.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Malware attack from Ukash screen block UK Police Ran AVG in safe mode and screen block was quarantined In normal mode I emptied AVG virus vault stupid and was reinfected Ran AVG again safe mode quarantined from recycle bin All seemed ok and locked screen was disabled in normal mode Not Black Screen UKash Windows Screen in Resulted Authentic Block but repeat scans to check for remnants kept getting stuck MBAM ran for hours overnight and didn't complete as frozen forced restart On restart black screen with Windows Build The copy of Windows is not genuine No toolbar start menu or UKash Screen Block Resulted in Black Screen Windows Not Authentic other functionality in normal mode Ran HitmanPro in safe mode cookies found and advised that v fo dat is missing No virus found Ran Avast in safe UKash Screen Block Resulted in Black Screen Windows Not Authentic mode wouldn't complete but said a threat was found Froze PC Both now removed leaving just AVG my paid provider active Sony Vaio laptop preintstalled with Windows Have key but not disc Run and update AVG daily Hoping someone can please help me DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nicky at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uSearch Bar Preserve BHO ContributeBHO Class C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll BHO AVG Do Not Track EEF-CB F- F-AFEB-D E A B BA - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgdtiex dll BHO AVG Safe Search CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO CIESpeechBHO Class D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Adobe PDF -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB Google Toolbar C B - - D - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB Adobe PDF -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB Contribute Toolbar BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - TB Google Toolbar C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB Adobe PDF EC BE- - C -A -BEB D A B - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll ... Read more

A:UKash Screen Block Resulted in Black Screen Windows Not Authentic

Hi NickyJane,

We'll start with ComboFix. If it doesn't take care of the remaining issues, AVG may have caused more problems than if it had left it alone.

Download ComboFix from here

* IMPORTANT- Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

====================================================

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to our sticky topic How to disable your security applications

====================================================

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

I will return this evening - we'll continue then.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/ukash-screen-block-resulted-in-black-screen-windows-not-authentic-702752.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Very similar to the following problem but i do not have a raid and it seems that this PC has a raid and i don t plus it was never really determined what the actual solution was http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-cant-boot-black html The basics XP Professional Boot up screen right before the windows loading screen or direct after the F Menu if you hit quot Start Windows Normally quot it will just lock up no HDD activity blank screen now before Splash Up Screen Safe screen. works. mode Freeze Blank BSOD nothing All safe mods work Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works. fine Ran chkdsk r in recovery Ran proper fixboot procedure Went into safe mode and checked the event viewer The only concerning message i got was The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AmdK Fips nod drv Formatting really isnt an issue since i can back up anything i need through safe mode However its just the fact that the Windows gremlin has struck me again and i must defeat it once more I highly doubt this is a hardware issue as it is more of a driver software issue Anymore information for me or from me that you need i would be extremely happy Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works.

Before I say the hard drive is dying, you need to try the XP repair as you have done most else you can already:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-freeze-up-before-splash-screen-safe-mode-works.634630/
Relevancy 23.22%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

Relevancy 23.22%

The computer I am having issues with was built this past March Up until a couple days ago it would only take about a minute to start up to the Windows log in screen Now once I push the button to start it up it will stall for seconds to a minute on the motherboard splash screen and a further - minutes on the Starting Windows screen Once I am able to log in and it continues to finish loading the screens are black for a good - minutes while everything loads Once it is up I have no problems with the computer I spash on Screen MOBO Starting Stalling and Windows Computer screen have run full anti-virus and spyware scans Computer Stalling on MOBO spash screen and Starting Windows Screen removed recent downloads done a disk clean up and a disk defragmentation Help would be appreciated EDIT When the computer is stalled on the MOBO splash screen and the Starting Windows screen there is no indication of HDD activity the light on the tower is not lit I can tell it is going to continue with start up because the light will start to flash again

A:Computer Stalling on MOBO spash screen and Starting Windows Screen

Hello woodsgirl and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since the problems started "a couple of days ago" I'd try restoring my computer to a date/time prior to when the problems began.

System Restore

Whether this solves the problem or not I'd next run a full scan with your preferred anti-virus. Even if it comes back clean (nothing found) I'd run a second, or even third scan. Some free recommended products are:

Malwarebytes

ESET Online Scanner

SuperAntispyware

If the problem wasn't solved with a system restore I'd next try a startup repair.

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

If still no joy I'd check for damaged or corrupt system files by running a System File Checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.)

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If all of the above has failed to solve the startup problem I'd look through these two tutorials by one of our Forum experts. He offers some additional troubleshooting steps and possible fixes.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/348522-computer-stalling-mobo-spash-screen-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi All Please kindly let me know how could i stop the spotlight drop-down screen in windows using registry settings Means while we lock the computer down drop on in windows disable 10 How screen) to login lock and screen (Spotlight the or How to disable the drop down (Spotlight screen) on lock and login screen in windows 10 while we restart the computer then there one screen appears then we press How to disable the drop down (Spotlight screen) on lock and login screen in windows 10 quot Space quot and then went to up and then we can see the login credential page to login to the windows I need to disable the same screen using registry change quot I have tried with the registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows Right-click the Windows folder and click New gt Key Name this new key quot Personalization quot and then navigate inside it but still i am getting the drop-down screen in windows i want to disable the screen it should not appears on the login page please let me know how could i disable that screen OR If we can increase the time for the screen then how we can increase the time to display the screen Thanks amp Regards Yogendra nbsp yogendra kumar

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35ecfb8d-4405-425b-94a7-50f24e1a559d/how-to-disable-the-drop-down-spotlight-screen-on-lock-and-login-screen-in-windows-10?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

My laptop will not boot. I end up with an empty black screen or a blue screen with no icons, just a cursor. I get choices for 'normal startup' or ' repair' but not safe mode. Any help appreciated.

A:Unable to start - black screen or empty blue screen w cursor??

Hello JoLaRo and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts has prepared a couple of tutorials that might help you out.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

If you're still having issues after following the tutorials, please post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346364-unable-start-black-screen-empty-blue-screen-w-cursor.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Built my own computer, and for a while it ran fine, but now when I try to play League of Legends it will crash often. Sometimes the game freezes, and no method of input will change the screen until I hold down the power button. In this case my speakers emit a high pitched noise. Other times the screen will go black, and the computer will automatically restart. Other times I will get a blue screen with the error code 0x00007e. Please help this is getting very annoying!

I should note that it is not often that it crashes, sometimes it will happen twice in a short time, sometimes it will take days.

DMP files uploaded as per posting instructions, please inform me if you need anything more, thank you!

A:BSOD or black screen while playing League of Legends or Full Screen YT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD =
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Probably hardware. Clean out dust in the system, if you have overclocked stop and revert to original settings. The link contains the most probable solution to your problem. IF the problem cannot be fixed i suggest lowering the vcore a tad tad bit.
Here are stresstests to possibly help rule a few things out. : Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)
Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253430-bsod-black-screen-while-playing-league-legends-full-screen-yt.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 23.22%

I've tried updating the drivers, making sure nothing was overclocked, ram memtest and furmark. memtest found no errors, same with chkdsk and it didn't crash in furmark
my average temp of gpu is 31 degrees Celsius.

It plays sound for a few seconds afterward but then becomes unresponsive to the power button and keyboard so I have to turn the psu off.

Help would be greatly appreciated

and for some reason it keeps posting this in general discussion not bsod support

A:Black screen when watching videos full screen and exiting games

How old is your PSU? what brand is the PSU? the video card is Radeon? Have you tried to put the video card into a different PCIe slot? have you tried to do a "clean boot", with only MS programmes starting, as in diagnostic startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345372-black-screen-when-watching-videos-full-screen-exiting-games.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

A:Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 23.22%

History I recently changed motherboards and removed a (0x80070422) Error blank; options/info Screen Backup screen nd hard drive which contained win The system now has one drive with Win Pro on it My backups have been going to a removable seagate usb drive and was not always plugged into the system so occasionally I got a Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422) notice that windows couldn't find the backup drive which was not a problem Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422) as I plugged it in weekly and backup ran fine then What I've done so far sfc scannow from elevated prompt no files had problems ran MRT and virus scan came back negative Started Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422) system repair disk and selected Startup Repair and came back with no problems ran additional available troubleshooter which came back with no problems found The full error message reads quot The backup application could not start due to an internal error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it x quot When I select quot Backup and Restore quot the page comes up showing only the words quot Control Panel Home quot in the upper left in the blue area and the words quot Backup or Restore your files quot in the top white area of the page The rest of the page is blank See attached pdf Not surprisingly then the service doesn't show up in msconfig as a startup service The error is supposed to be according to technet articles indicative of a corrupted file however as stated above System File Checker finds nothing Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas G

A:Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422)

Windows Backup was disabled in "Services" for an unknown reason. Also, I was looking for "Backup and Restore" at the top of the list of services instead of Windows Backup at the very bottom of the list. I didn't look in "Linux Backup and Restore", either. Duh. Anyway, good news, easy fix. Done.

How:

"Start > right click "Computer" > select "Manage" > select "Services" > select "Windows Backup" from list and double click it. When the pop up window opens, if the pull down says "This service is disabled" click on the pull down and select Manual. Click "Apply". "OK". Done.

Now, just go to backup and restore in the Maintenance folder on the start menu program list, click it and Backup menu is there ready to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/315988-backup-screen-options-info-screen-blank-error-0x80070422.html
Relevancy 23.22%

pavilion dv6000 start screen blank if screen not fully open, external screen fine and shows login infoif fully open all is fine, after login screen it can be partially  closed  or pulled back and will operate 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/pavilion-dv6000-start-screen-blank-if-screen-not-fully-open/td-p/5846184
Relevancy 23.22%

Today I booted my computer up to be promoted with a black screen I gave it a good half an hour before forcing it to shutdown to which when I booted it back up Was then promoted with a blue screen about the video card not being able to lead that happened twice I then booted it into safe mode fiddled around with the drivers to see what was going Blue - Multiple 7300 down LE - screen death screen. of lines Geforce on after restarting it again I got Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. the same black screen this kept on happening I then concluded my best solution was to install XP this worked the video card runs So the card is not Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. dead but there are multiple blue Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. lines going down the screen in columns After going into the device manager I saw that it claimed it was not installed then I went to Google and downloaded the driver after installing the computers goes to the same black screen that I got on windows I have no clue what the problem is so any help would be most appreciated Also I tried installing Linux but after getting though then loading screen of the installer it goes to the black screen At the moment in am on my tablet so sorry if there are so many mistakes I'll try and get some photos of how it looks PC Specs - Dell Dimension E - Intel pentium D - gb Ram - Nvidia Geforce LE Photos N A Thank you any help will be hugely appreciated Sean Hall

A:Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen.

Hi Sean,

I don't like to say it, but it sounds like the graphics card is dead. I had the same issue on an old 8800gts, it would work until I installed the drivers, then I would get very bad artifacts/lines down the screen.
I tried it on 2 different PC's with the same end result once the drivers were installed.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/287374-geforce-7300-le-blue-screen-death-multiple-lines-down-screen.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,
I have just set up a new laptop with Vista and installed all of the new updates but when I restart the computer or turn it on the please wait screen comes up for about 2 minutes before showing the login screen.

The PC I'm on now is lower spec and shows the login screen instantly. I have searched the internet and tried disabling start up programs to speed it up but to no avail does anyone have any idea what could be causing it to say Please wait for so long?

The specs of the PC are:

2gb Ram
2ghz Dual Core Processor
250gb Harddrive

Thanks in Advance

A:Windows Vista Please Wait Screen Appears for 2 Minuites Before the Login Screen

that usually means it is installing updates, if its a new laptop there may be a lot of updates for it to catch up on, it won't do them all at once, but over a period.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-please-wait-screen-appears-for-2-minuites-before-the-login-screen-319246.html
Relevancy 23.22%

when i start my computer it doesnt show anything at all and then about 20 seconds later the login screen will pop up and everything works after that. it all started when i got my new graphics card and now i gotta plug my moniter into the card. and while its booting i can switch the moniter to the normal built in moniter plug thing. i think its vga ( its the blue one without the fancy pins) the graphics card is a visiontek radeon x1300 256mb pci. and im using windows xp professional. thanks

A:Solved: Boot Screen wont show goes straight to login screen.

You need to change the primary video card in the BIOS setup of the computer from the onboard video to PCI-Express/PEG and then you need to disable the integrated video. Your computer is still set to use the integrated video card as the primary card. Once you have it set correctly to the PCI-Express card then you shoudl always have the monitor connected to the new card and it shoudl display everything correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-screen-wont-show-goes-straight-to-login-screen.825886/
Relevancy 23.22%

When I turn on my computer all I get is a black screen with the flashing cursor up in the left corner of the screen. Any ideas as to how to correct this? I have a Dell from he'll computer-- inspiron E1505 about 8 years old and just had windows 7 home edition installed on it

A:Black screen with flashing cursor in upper left corner of screen

Hey I just went through something very similar. I found that my SATA cable connecting the hard drive to the motherboard had failed. I replaced it with a new SATA cable, and it booted right up. Try the cable first if you have one lying around, plus its a cheap solution. If you replace the cable and it still won't boot up, it might be your hard drive. Seeing as how your machine is that old, it could fail at any time.

Do you get anything on the screen when you turn it on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-flashing-cursor-in-upper-left-corner-of-screen-602916.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an Insignia quot tablet that I use to listen to an internet radio station WiFi connection to my Wire HGV router I have it powered by the AC charger I have the display to turn off after minutes never to go into sleep mode when powered by AC After the minutes the display is turned off the music continues as expected and will continue for hours But if I try screen screen Lose after WiFi after timed re-enable, shutdn connection to do anything I loose my WiFi Right after the screen is shut off I can enable it again with a stroke Then the music stops I no longer have internet access Network settings says I still am connected but somewhere the connection is broken I disconnect from my router and then try to reconnect and it will not I get Checking Network Requirements Can't Lose WiFi connection after screen re-enable, after timed screen shutdn connect to this Network The only way I have been Lose WiFi connection after screen re-enable, after timed screen shutdn able to get connected is to do a restart Any ideas on how to solve this problem I have not found any settings that have been useful All it should be doing is shutting off the screen Not go into any other sleep or power down state

A:Lose WiFi connection after screen re-enable, after timed screen shutdn

Hi Rudy,
Welcome to the forums, go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, right click Wi-Fi, Properties, go to Power management tab, untick "Allow the computer to turn off......" and reboot, HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39260-lose-wifi-connection-after-screen-re-enable-after-timed-screen-shutdn.html
Relevancy 23.22%

my PSU went out and i had it replaced and since i replaced it i havent been able to boot my pc i plug everything in and hit the power button it load blinking no on boot, cursor Black screen... screen immediately immediately goes to a Black screen blinking cursor immediately on boot, no load screen... black screen with a blinking underscore cursor in the upper left corner about of the way from the left side all my fans work the hard drive is running Vista bit AMD Phenom x e GHz ATI Radeon x Pro Gb RAM Power supply was from another pc i had that i didnt use anymore same wattage just had the pin PCIe connector i needed the one currently in it is the stock one that came with the tower no clue what to do F F ESC DEL keys dont work to get to BIOS the only responses i get are CTRL ALT DEL kind of restarts i think my monitor goes to standby when i do it for a brief period of time but then fans kick on again and same black screen also when i hit the pause break key it stops the beeping that is coming from the mobo note if i hit the key during the beep then its continuous noise anyone have any advice any would be appreciated Edit - just to clarify i get zero load up of anything there is no loading screen prior to the black with blinking cursor as soon as power is on it immediately goes to this screen Edit - again i forgot to put that the pin PCIe connector needed for the x pro is non existant in the new PSU and i havent gotten an adaptor yet for it dont know if that would be the reason i cant boot BIOS or windows the original graphics card was onboard and when installing the driver for radeon it said to disable the driver for the onboard card to ensure that the radeon worked properlly

A:Black screen blinking cursor immediately on boot, no load screen...

sounds like you need the PCIe power connector to run your video card. Try removing the card and enabling the onboard video until you get a new PSU or adadpter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blinking-cursor-immediately-on-boot-no-load-screen-421982.html
Relevancy 23.22%

hi my laptop screen is set to turn off after 5 mins, when it does i cannot wake it, no matter what buttons i push or using my mouse. this black screen also happens when i restart my computer, it logs me off the the screen goes black and computer power lights are still on and it does nothing HELP! haha thanks

Nathan

A:laptop screen goes black when i restart, and screen wont wake up after it turns off

Boot the computer and press F8 in the Advanced Boot menu choose Last Known Good Configuration.
What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufactures support/download drivers site and download the Chipset and the Video driver for the computer.
Go to Start/Search and type powercfg.cpl. Right click the powercfg results and Run As Administrator. Click Change Plan Settings/change Advanced power settings. Reset your power settings to your liking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-goes-black-when-i-restart-and-screen-wont-wake-up-after-it-turns-off-698507.html
Relevancy 23.22%

After the Starting Windows screen a blank black screen with a cursor that I can move pops up that lasts a minute (shouldn't happen with SSD, used to be ~10 second boot). Afterwards the login screen will appear as normal and everything works as normal. This doesn't happen when I boot into safe mode.

I attached a list of start up services, installs, and scheduled tasks, along with my latest boot log.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows 7: Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Hello and welcome, try this to see if you have something that's going you don't know about. Use the free version.

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369613-windows-7-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey i have a acer aspire 3000 and when i turn it on the lights come on but it doesnt have any boot beeps or any picture at all on the screen i was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is or have sugestions to what could be causeing that thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turns-on-great-but-no-boot-beeps-or-any-picture-on-screen-black-screen.100226/
Relevancy 23.22%

? OS - Windows 7 SP1
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 8
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail Version
? Age of system (hardware) 4 months
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 1 week

? CPU Core i5-3330
? Video Card Nvidia GT 620
? MotherBoard
? Power Supply - brand & wattage 300w

? System Manufacturer Dell
? Exact model number: Inspiron 660
Added Samsung 830 128gb SSD + 3TG Seagate in replaced of the original 2TB Seagate HDD.

I have tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers, currently use the older version 310.90
Previously used 314.22.

A:[SOLVED] I get black screen after coming back from screen saver/idle

The following may be helpful when reading the remainder of this post:Beta and Legacy Drivers | GeForce
Quote:

NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Advanced Driver Search

Product Type: GeForce
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Product Series: GeForce 600 Series
Language:
Product: GeForce GT 620
Recommended/Beta: Recommended/Certified

Search

Code:
Name Version Release Date
GeForce 314.22 Driver WHQL 314.22 March 25, 2013
GeForce 314.07 Driver WHQL 314.07 February 18, 2013
GeForce 310.90 Driver WHQL 310.90 January 5, 2013
GeForce 310.70 Driver WHQL 310.70 December 17, 2012
GeForce 306.97 Driver WHQL 306.97 October 10, 2012
GeForce 306.23 Driver WHQL 306.23 September 13, 2012
GeForce 301.42 Driver WHQL 301.42 May 22, 2012

BugCheck 0x117
These crashes are DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run a system file check to check Windows for corruption: Click Start Menu
Click All Programs
Click Accessories
Right click Command Prompt
Click Run as administrator
Type
Code:
sfc /scannow
and press Enter
Once it is complete, make note of the message. If it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and post back
If the message does not say Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and do steps 1-6 again.
You may need to do steps 1-6 up to three times with a restart in between each run to resolve all corrupted files.
If you still have corrupted files after a fourth run, post back here with the following:Click Start Menu
Click Computer
Open your C: drive
Open Windows
Open Logs
Open CBS
Copy and paste CBS.log or CBS (it may not have the log extension) to a location you will remember.
Compress (zip) the CBS file and attach the .zip file to your next post.

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

For AMD:Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager if it is listed (this should remove all AMD graphics software and drivers)
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers (this applies to onboard graphics, as well):Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-i-get-black-screen-after-coming-back-from-screen-saver-idle-693502.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Recently i started getting a green screen and a dual screen on my monitor The system works fine but dual screen and the green makes it hard to read Sometimes it works fine when i run diagnostics for couple of hours but Screen Screen BSOD - Dual Green 630 Monittor Dell Latitude and now even that is not working when everything works fine the system automatically shuts down giving a blue screen BSOD when i checked the problem and solution i got the below message that thr are problems Please suggest Green Screen - BSOD and Dual Screen Monittor Dell Latitude 630 me something Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe Green Screen - BSOD and Dual Screen Monittor Dell Latitude 630 the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of ... Read more

A:Green Screen - BSOD and Dual Screen Monittor Dell Latitude 630

Uninstall the video driver from safe mode either from add or remove programs or device manager.

reboot back to normal and install the update display adpater.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-screen-bsod-and-dual-screen-monittor-dell-latitude-630.829972/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey Ok well it starts black windows of drives, both loading Two copy screen with XP, after hard screen same off with me managing to either corrupt windows or the hard drive on my original hard drive and when ever I try Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen to boot off there I get to the windows loading screen with logo and little green sliding bar and then it restarts and keeps doing that Tried booting in safe mode and from disc but I cannot do anything with it in terms of booting So Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen what Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen I decided to do was get a second hard drive and install XP onto there and then plug my second hard drive in and see if I can transfer files off there to the new one I got XP installed fine on it but when it came to booting with both hard drives plugged in I came to problems I set which hard drive is the priority one in the bios as there is no pins on the back of this new hard drive and it got to the windows loading screen with the new installation i know this because the loading screens are different for both hard drives After the loading screen my monitors go black and nothing happens Windows loads fine when it is just the new hard drive plugged in even if the old hard drive is plugged in and set to disabled it goes to the black screen If anyone is able to give some advice on what to do or what could be wrong I would be really grateful Thanks Matt nbsp

A:Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen

Sounds like the old hard drive is faulty to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-hard-drives-both-with-same-copy-of-xp-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.90318/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

I am encountering an issue of when the Dell optiplex 755 boots up, it boots through the Windows XP logo just fine, once it tries to transition between the logo and loading the system up, it just shows a black screen and nothing else happens. I tried using a bootable Windows XP flash drive to repair the system files and it loads the Windows XP setup ok but when it runs through all of the commands on the bottom of the screen and the last one says "Starting Windows" , it takes me to a blue screen (screenshot below). I have HIRENS and have done a lot of the chkdsk commands to fix the files and everything comes back ok. I tried to clone the hard drive with the same exact hard drive and still the same issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Windows XP gets past the logo screen and then turns the screen black/bluescreen

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130053/EN#Error , scroll down to section on STOP 7B errors.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586463/windows-xp-gets-past-the-logo-screen-and-then-turns-the-screen-blackbluescreen/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello everybody today my laptop has become blind Let me explain My laptop was purchased in Specs Alienware screen windows logs startup black. stays on screen, but Garbled m Dual nvidia go Dual core gigs of ram gb harddrive So here's what happened today I Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. was watch s movie on netflix when suddenly my screen goes black Though I had crashed but my laptop was still on and the sound was still going restarted and the initial screen was slightly pixellated and garbled Which has now made my Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. laptop permanent garbled and pixely After the windows logo My screen goes black but I am still hear the windows start up sound Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. I found that I am able to click on some music files on my desktop that are able to play so this is a video issue I reboot in safe mode which works this time figure to disable and uninstall the videocard drivers I restart and I'm able to use my pc somewhat normally still garbled Reinstalled the nvidia drivers then halfway through says error install failed or something it happen really fast then crashed tried restarting atleast times in safe mode but it freezes up after it tries to load partition windows system drivers mup sys All of the other options for start up even last settings to work the screen goes black after the windows logo I have tried tinkering with the bios but it doesn't help Its basically being blind using a computer So I'm wondering if there is anyway to possibly blindly open up command prompt and possibly disable or uninstall the drivers from there I'm about sure that the drivers are just corrupt because they were not able to finish and removing them would do the trick I know this is kinda long but I would greatly appreciate any help or input Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/garbled-startup-screen-windows-logs-on-but-screen-stays-black-565214.html
Relevancy 23.22%

My friend has a dell inspiron laptop which came with windows 8 in it. he has recently updated it to Windows 8.1 and  after restarting it , then onwards problem started where in only black screen appears. Cursor shows up after waiting a long long time,
but waiting even for hours for windows logo it never showed up. Please tell me some solution

He does not have any recovery discs, no windows os file. Now tell me a solution without these things needed.
Model: inspiron 15R7520

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ba4a5ff-304a-482e-9374-ead326a38448/display-just-shows-black-screen-after-showing-the-dell-logo-screen?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 23.22%

I need help ASAP. My computer was having many issues today, so I did a system restore. When it was done, it downloaded updates, I only restored it back to yesterday. Now, when I log into my account, the screen stays black and all I see is the pointer. What can I do to solve this? The PC is shut down right now.

A:Solved: Screen is black after system restore and update. Set back one day, screen is

Usually, system restore is used to resolve problems like this. You might want to consider doing a clean install and see if that has any affect. Hopefully your data is saved on an external or flash drive. There's also additional options that you can find here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-is-black-after-system-restore-and-update-set-back-one-day-screen-is.975269/
Relevancy 23.22%

My problem started much like Screen/Blue problem Black previous Screen much Busybee poster, like that of Busybee with files being deleted orphan files being restored and security something or other however after reboot from CD and running Startup Repair the tests all appear to be OK except quot Root Cause Found - Volume on disk is corrupt quot Result Completed successfully Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee Error Code x At this point the pc goes through the never ending sequence of trying to boot up black screen then blue screen etc Medion MD Multimedia Home Entertainment Design Centre Operating System Windows Vista bit service pack C Gb Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee HD with D Gb restore using Gb Gb Ram Disk Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee failure diagnosis test result OK Most recent change made a day or so prior to the crash was retuning digital tv tuner when the changeover from Analog to Digital signal was needed to update channels here in UK The screen shows quot No Signal Analog quot at beginning and end of reboot sequence The black screen suggests this may be a recent hardware or software issue and advises removal of any recent changes but as I cannot get into the system let alone the control panel I am unable to remove or disable anything Would really appreciate being able to at least recover my files and as I am unable to access the operating system either by safe mode safe mode with command prompt or a normal reboot would welcome any advice about how I can achieve this I have a laptop also running Vista bit if that would be of any help in accessing the files Would welcome any advice on offer I am not a computer whizkid but reasonably competent user since Win Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem and I look forward to hearing any thoughts ideas solutions you can provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-problem-much-like-previous-poster-busybee.1003191/
Relevancy 23.22%

I did an upgrade from Win and Screen Saver Turn off display after mins was working under Win bit As my title suggest Screen Saver Lock screen Slideshow Turn off display after mins are not working under Win The Lock screen Slideshow is there when Win starts but only shows ONE image never moves to another THINGS I've done so far to get any of these working Screen Saver Lock screen Slideshow Turn off display after mins I ve turned off all the Wake on lan functions Tried different folder images for the lockscreen Slideshow window spotlight and picture Tried to set new power options was able to get SLEEP to show up in Start as it was not there before but once click the display DID turn off but wouldn t WORK NONE / Turn SS screen Screen Saver after 5 / off display / mins Lock turn back on with mouse movement keyboard presses had to do a hard reboot Win started without issue and the SLEEP mode was no longer aviable via the power start menu Anyone have a clue how to get all NONE WORK / Screen Saver / Lock screen SS / Turn off display after 5 mins of these working Really NONE WORK / Screen Saver / Lock screen SS / Turn off display after 5 mins would like my display to turn off after mins and the Screen saver to work the Lockscreen I'm not fussed about

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585384/none-work-screen-saver-lock-screen-ss-turn-off-display-after-5-mins/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I have an HP Pavilion g series laptop running win that is in a continuous restarting loop This happened after the computer auto updated windows update I do not know what was updated but now every time the blue with screen screen Stop: reboot, 0x0000007B Help error auto laptop starts up it seems to be in a continuous rebooting loop after the windows logo then a blue flash I am unable to go into safe mode or any other mode as I keep getting redirected to a page that gives me two options Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally Startup repair gives me the same results as trying to run in safe mode By turning the auto-restart on system failure off i was able to read what the blue error message which says - A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down Help with blue screen auto reboot, Stop: 0x0000007B error screen to prevent damage Help with blue screen auto reboot, Stop: 0x0000007B error screen to your computer If this is your first time you've seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive curruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP X B xFFFFF A xFFFFFFFFC D x X - Can someone give me advice on how to solve and prevent this problem I am currently using a different laptop to access this forum kodex

A:Help with blue screen auto reboot, Stop: 0x0000007B error screen

Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check has a value of 0x0000007B. This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Quote:
Cause

The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check frequently occurs because of a boot device failure. During I/O system initialization, the boot device driver might have failed to initialize the boot device (typically a hard disk). File system initialization might have failed because it did not recognize the data on the boot device. Also, repartitioning the system partition or installing a new SCSI adapter or disk controller might induce this error.

This error can also occur because of incompatible disk hardware. If the error occurred at the initial setup of the system, the system might have been installed on an unsupported disk or SCSI controller. Some controllers are supported only by drivers that are in the Windows Driver Library (WDL). (These drivers require the user to do a custom installation.)

Further Reading...
Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202895-help-blue-screen-auto-reboot-stop-0x0000007b-error-screen.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi i m having to boot into windows xp on mouse screen xp with arrow Solved: screen blank splash blue after power up sytem goes through the windows xp splash screen with progress bar and then instead of login prompt it goes just into the blue screen with moveable mouse pointer arrow issue seems to be similar to http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-xp-pro-startup html http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -startup-problem html but recommended solutions didn t help so far symptoms just before issue - was not able to run use some system features - Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen utility to turn off the display utility to bring up battery info - everything was working fine before this what i ve tried boot to Last Known Good Configuration - resulting in the same blue screen boot to Safe Mode Safe Mode with networking Safe Mode with comman prompt - resulting in blank black screen with quot Safe Mode quot in the corners and moveable mouse test Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen the hardware hard drive memory etc via build in PC Doctor - all seems to be working i am able to use bootable XP CD from other machine to get into Recovery Console i am able to boot to simple live XP using BartPE-XPE usb key and access the hard drive could you please help me to find solution to this issue thank you in advance krajicek nbsp

A:Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen

Hi krajicek, u having a same problem as me.

Btw.. yours is laptop or desktop?
If laptop wat brand are u using..Mine are FUJITSU laptop and i still
can't get it work.
I boot from the WinXP CD and it still can't recovery as well and i try
safe mode aslo can't work too..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-blue-screen-with-mouse-arrow-after-xp-splash-screen.870326/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I have an office desktop pc HP COMPAQ ELITE running -bit Windows I was manually running Windows update and manually updating some of my drivers when the pc suddenly turned itself off I turned it back on and now it doesn't get to the login screen anymore It just displays screen mouse movable cursor with Black appears screen login before a Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears black screen with a movable mouse cursor although I can't really click anything or even press any keys on the keyboard I tried loading into the recovery environment but it only gives me the option to restore my hard drive to factory settings which I don't want since I have lots of important files in it I've searched around the forums but I can't find a problem that is EXACTLY like mine By the way my pc is on a dual boot mode with an Ubuntu and that is how I'm able to access this forum right now The dual boot was set-up by the employee that I replaced so I have no idea how this is set-up Any help would be appreciated -Ron

A:Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears

Firstly, boot into the Linux operating system, and then create a backup of all important files and data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300316-black-screen-movable-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen-appears.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello everyone I have little to no experience with computers. I replaced my broken laptop screen with a new one online. The screen is only working in safe mode. When I plug it in to a television via HDMI it is good to go. I would deeply appreciate any help with this.

Laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCCB25FX
Old screen is LP 156WF1 (TL)(C1)
New screen is LP156WF1 (TL)(C2)
It is up to date with drivers. I have no clue how to fijx this

A:Vaio Screen only works in Safe mode after replacing old broken screen

If the screen in working in the bios and safe mode, then the screen is indeed working.

If you boot into safe mode with networking, can you redownload the display adapter driver?

You could also try Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/333099-vaio-screen-only-works-safe-mode-after-replacing-old-broken-screen.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hp notebook computer wont startup past the hp screen. It shows a black screen then goes back to hp screen. I did the hard reset, it didn't work. I did the test and all of them said passed. It started doing this when i was reseting it and it dropped on the floor. The battery and the hard drive fell out. When i turned it back on, it wasnt working. I dont know what is wrong with it....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Wont-boot-up-past-hp-screen-shows-black-empty-screen/td-p/5609776
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello My fathers Gateway laptop Windows Vista bit Model number MD u has recently encountered a problem When you press the power button the Gateway start screen pops up the one with F for BIOS F for Boot Menu in the corner the screen then has a blinking underscore in the left corner the screen goes black then returns to the get at into 64bit get stuck list Gateway Vista Mode Bios, Safe Screen, to can't screen can Gateway start screen and continues to repeat the cycle There are no beeps I can load the computer into BIOS but I haven t really messed with the settings there as I m afraid of wrecking things further I can load it to the Boot Menu and a dialog box with the options CDROM DVD Main Hard Drive Boot to LAN and Enter Setup pops up with the Phoenix Secure Core BIOS ver etc popping up for a second before the dialog box pops up I ve tried to boot the Main Hard Drive to no avail - it just starts the cycle over again I ve pressed all the Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list function keys in hopes to find the menu to boot it to safe mode I Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list know it usually F but figured his computer might be different but the buttons just beep As to how it got this way He left it on hibernate last night and when he tried to turn it on this morning this is what he encountered We figure it might has something to do with Windows Automatic Updates Some history about the sad state of his compter His laptop battery will not hold a charge it works off A C power His CD DVD ROM is dead near dead We ve bought him an external CD DVD drive that hooks into his USB port Sometimes if his external CD DVD drive is plugged in his computer won t start up correctly and needs to be fixed through Safe Mode that very well might be because his BIOS Boot order is CDROM DVD USB Floppy drive Main Hard Drive USB Storage stick USB Hard drive Boot to LAN His computer has needed to be System Restored through Safe Mode recently after he got up to use the restroom when watching a movie on his computer using the external CD DVD ROM at around am and when he got back his computer was off He turned it on and the Gateway screen would pop up and then the screen would stay black That time I could get it into Safe Mode this time it just cycles through the Gateway start screen black screen and back again I have a feeling this problem might have something with windows updates because last night my sister s computer HP Laptop Vista bit started itself up out of hibernation mode at am presumably for updates And I ve seen my father s computer start up out of hibernation mode at am before it scared the crap outta me and the timing before when he was watching the movie seems to fit I ve researched the problem somewhat and have seen that it might possibly be a hardware problem ie PCU Motherboard or RAM I ve tried to start his computer without his battery as well as with and without his external CD DVD drive hooked up Anyone have any ideas to fix this Thanks in advance

A:Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468470/vista-64bit-stuck-at-gateway-screen-can-get-into-bios-cant-get-to-safe-mode-screen-list/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I m having a problem with BF where the game will crash with a quot BF exe has encountered a problem and needs to close quot error right after the logo screen The game full Battlefield (doesn't crashes after Solved: screen mode) splash enter 2 screen doesn t enter full screen mode The first time I saw this error was when I was playing around with BattleRecorder BF s own recording engine and I tried to launch a movie in BattleLauncher This throws the error described above and I can t run BF again without getting the error until the computer is RESTARTED no logoff and back on I searched for a Solved: Battlefield 2 crashes after splash screen (doesn't enter full screen mode) way to make Battlerecorder work and Solved: Battlefield 2 crashes after splash screen (doesn't enter full screen mode) I gave up But the problem now seems to occur when Battlefield is run for a second time For example if I turn on the computer run BF play close BF and try to play again without a restart it crashes I tried multiple things to fix this problem and I eventually ended up downgrading my nvidia drivers to i was running beta I THOUGHT this fixed the problem but I must have only tried to open the game once when I went and downgraded the drivers because it still happens The only things I have installed recently are xfire and I remember that that program threw me the error whenever I clicked somewhere inside the program to launch BF xfire has a feature to launch bf for you so you can play with a friend I suppose I should uninstall xfire I ll try that now This computer is NEW its got several games on it but its only a month old and it has no viruses or spyware Here are the specs WinXP Home Edition Version SP Pentium D Dual Core GHz gig of ram nvidia with driver version Please don t post that Battlefield is a crap game and that EA sucks that s really not the answer I m looking for right now Thanks in advance I hope someone can help me with this nbsp

A:Solved: Battlefield 2 crashes after splash screen (doesn't enter full screen mode)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-battlefield-2-crashes-after-splash-screen-doesnt-enter-full-screen-mode.462157/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey!

My Dell Inspiron 1100 is over 6 years old at this point, quite the dinosaur. However, I still have a bit of old data I would love to remove before it really bites the dust.

When I boot up the machine, usually the display is clear and bright. However, after no more than a minute the screen goes black and only a faint outline of the desktop remains. What is the problem and what do I need to do to solve it?

Thanks!

A:Dell Inspiron 1100 screen goes black 30 secs after booting up, faint screen outline

Hi

backlights or invertor board is failing (failed).

If there is an external monitor socket on it use a monitor to see the screen and then you can backup your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1100-screen-goes-black-30-secs-after-booting-up-faint-screen-outline.147047/
Relevancy 23.22%

I m having a problem with my Dell Dimension running Windows XP I have an g Maxtor HD as my main drive and a g WD secondary drive When I attempt to boot I get a blue screen with the message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is he first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again Screen Can't Black Blue (Standard Screen w/cursor Mode), boot then XP Windows Safe or follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen hardware vendorm for any BIOS updates Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF BB B xF E AO xF E AO FLTMGR SYS - Address F BB B base at F A DateStamp daAs far as the info in the message I see this screen with the same info everytime I rebooted As far as disk space my main drive is g aand I have about g of free space I m not sure if anything in the message refers to drivers Not sure how to change video adapters when I can t get into Windows Standard Mode or Safe Mode Also not sure how to deal with any of the BIOS suggestions or even know if it s a good idea to mess with it Again I cannot even boot to Safe Mode It takes me to the same Blue Screen message I have been able to boot from the CD I get to the Windows Setup screen it loads files It then says it s Starting Windows then takes me to the Windows XP Home Edition Setup It gives me the choices To set up Window XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R To quit Setup without installing Windows XP press F I pressed R and in the Recovery Console it shows C WINDOWSI press as this is the only Windows installation I have It then takes me to the Command Prompt C WINDOWS gt I have run CHKDSK and got this message The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked Use p if you want to check the volume anyway kb total disk space kb are available bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk I have also run CHKDSK r and it found and fixed one or more errors After I exited and tried to reboot from the HD and got the same BSOD with same message I don t know if this is a virus or hardware software problem I do have Malwarebytes Anti-Virus and Norton on the PC but without Windows XP I m not sure how to run them I have also booted from Hirems Boot CD and have run all the hardware tests checked HDs memory video etc I could and have found no problems Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Dave

A:Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen

mod bump

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385215/cant-boot-windows-xp-standard-or-safe-mode-black-screen-wcursor-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 23.22%

My screen developed blinking vertical lines in the beginning to constant now. There is no more blinking, just vertical lines of varying colors. 
Is this fixable or will i have to replace my display screen?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19772331
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey guys I just fixed a CRAZY virus I think its a virus I had that changed my userinit exe files and I fixed it by replacing these files using my friends userinit exe files Now I m getting a blue screen with an error that reads STOP x E x xF xF windows its loading after but screen Virus partially screen left damage...,Blue fixed A c xF A Also it says something about BIOS to either upgrade it or disable conflicting components About the quot Virus Trojan or something quot Just so you know I downloaded this file lt http isohunt com torrent details ip tab summary gt if anyone is brave enough to download it and see if their antivirus detects it because I don t have an antivirus so I still don t know the name for this I guess its a virus or trojan when I double clicked the file quot iphider se exe MB quot it automatically installed a quot Windowspcdefender quot and started scanning It looked like a really fake virus scanner so when I click X to close it Virus partially fixed but left its damage...,Blue screen after windows loading screen I got a blue screen and was forced to restart my pc Then the problem was that windows would load to the Welcome screen and I clicked on my user account to log in no password required Then my desktop would appear AS IF it was ready to Virus partially fixed but left its damage...,Blue screen after windows loading screen load up but then it would automatically go back to the Welcome screen This happened Virus partially fixed but left its damage...,Blue screen after windows loading screen even in Safe Mode so I had to put my drive as a slave drive on ANOTHER PC It took me HOURS to somehow figure out the userinit exe files may have gotten corrupt or rewritten by this virus So since my drive was a slave I just copied the userinit exe files from the MASTER drive which was running the PC I then put my drive in MY FRIENDS PC alone of course now its the master drive and it worked perfectly The problem is now for some reason it doesn t work on MY PC and its only on my PC I get this error message Blue Screen but works in safe mode I was thinking maybe it messed up my BIOS or motherboard or something because its only on my PC that the problem lies now not the hard drive If you need to know the exact message from the blue screen please let me know The only way I m using the PC is by using safe mode with networking I was noticing this in my hijack log O - Winlogon Notify iifdarqh - iifdArQH dll file missing Maybe the problem Here is my Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride plimus com www plimus com regnow com www regnow com O - BHO IEocx Class - ec - - a-a -c bc - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Fil... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-partially-fixed-but-left-its-damage-blue-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.814662/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Guys I've literally spent HOURS squinting at my tiny iPhone screen pouring over post after post on Google Here's blue hangs screen, Fresh install, think disk, at I BSOD configure Factory Screen not the problem brand new TB Hitachi HD attempting to install Vista Home Premium Fresh install, Factory disk, Screen hangs at blue configure screen, not BSOD I think with Hewlett Packard's System Recovery factory made CD's have had a TB drive Fresh install, Factory disk, Screen hangs at blue configure screen, not BSOD I think before in the machine I have also REPEATEDLY used these disks to restore my system in the past the CD's work Vista loads HP's driver platform loads the drivers the Os functions all the way to the point where it asks for region amp timezone after resetting after the initial quot region config quot Vista hangs at the blue quot one-time setup process quot screen The little green cursor bar thingy at the bottom of the blue screen marches across the screen with impunity Nothing is happening I've had the computer on this screen for so long the power settings put it into hibernate which I think means at least hours with no activity The high-speed Internet IS working I've done a fresh full restore times with identical results I read alot of BSOD posts But I don't think is a true BSOD I have found others reporting this problem but thus far the solutions offered have been insulting it CAN'T be a virus I very much doubt it's a driver problem as I am using factor-made model-specific disks Thank you guys so much for your time I very much appreciate your input I am so very sorry to burden you I tried everything I could to fix this on my own

A:Fresh install, Factory disk, Screen hangs at blue configure screen, not BSOD I think

Oh, full sys specs in my profile. ;)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/fresh-install-factory-disk-screen-hangs-at-blue-configure-screen-not-bsod-i-think-529849.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Before i describe the problem i would like to make it clear that i would like to recover as much as possible This problem occurred playing a game called Empires V It is a steam half -death match mod I had problems in the past however i didn t not consider them problems the screen froze when the game changed map However when it froze it wouldn t respond to Ctrl Alt Delete or Ctrl Esc or the start menu button I pressed the power button and restarted it that way However this is when the problem occurs and i can t over come it It starts with a normal dell screen and the loading bar crosses at Blue Before Screen Fails Login To Screen All Start. Death. Of the bottom as normal Then it goes to Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen a black page with a blue line across the top with white writing saying www dell com A line programming maybe Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen it appears and disappears rapidly It then goes to a black screen saying something along the lines of We are sorry for the inconvenience but windows failed to start properly It then gives you options and no matter which option I choose I still get a blue of screen of death saying the following A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer If this is the time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any antivirus dick defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for any update drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart you computer Technical information STIP x x x E xc x It ends there I cannot access a log in screen I desperately need help if any additional information is required i will be glad to try and supply it Dell Dimension series About years old

A:Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so, try running chkdsk from Safe Mode.How to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136855/blue-screen-of-death-fails-to-start-all-before-login-screen/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just bought an HP Pavillion dv6-7014nr and I love it! Except for one thing. I upgraded to the 1920x1080 screen to get the HD quality and the matte display. Everything on this screen is so tiny, its uncomfortable to read. I have increased the text size in windows to 130% dpi and I have downloaded and extension in Firefox to keep the zoom level I like. My problem is that with this increased DPI setting, the text in programs, such as iTunes gets cut off or overlaps. I was just wondering if there was a solution to this problem, or is it just something I have to live with?
Thanks very much!

Dan

A:[SOLVED] 1920x1080 screen resolution on a 15.6&quot; Laptop Screen

1920x1080 doesn't suit everyone on a 15.6" screen as it's really more suited to large-screen external monitors (20" or more). It's big plus of course is that it gives you much more screen space to use for multi-tasking or using apps which have many palettes (like Photoshop). Personally I think 1920x1080 is way too high for the average laptop screen size unless you've got perfect eyesight.

If you don't need all that space, you may find that setting a lower resolution (and changing DPI & zoom levels back to their defaults) is more in line with what your eyesight can deal with. It probably won't look as pin-sharp as the native 1920x1080 resolution though, but at least you shouldn't get some app Windows extending beyond the screen edges.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-1920x1080-screen-resolution-on-a-15-6-and-quot-laptop-screen-652126.html