Windows Support Forum

Code 31

Q: Code 31

so it says monkey audio works with win98 and more ...

I have win98se, wonder where to start fixing with,
MonkeyAudio install error:
Ape.ax
unable to register dll/ocx

device not functioning

abort ...
rolling back changes

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Code 31

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Code 31

thanks alot guys,
yeah i didnt think so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-31.172308/
Relevancy 22.36%

Need to replace r29 & r30 resistors that were burnt beyond recognition, but have had no success in locating schematics or color code. Found a picture of the board online but to small to identify bands. Any help would be appreciated!

A:Altec Lansing ACS621 resistor color code

Resister codes

b - black = 1
b - brown = 2
r - red = 3
o - orange = 4
y - yellow = 5
g - green= 6
b - blue = 7
v - violet = 8
g - green = 9
w - white = 0
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_color_code

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/altec-lansing-acs621-resistor-color-code.190330/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just updated my Asus Eee PC 1015PN from Windows starter to Windows ultimate. Everything seems fine except for my Network controller. It says there are no connections available and it doesn't look like it recognizes my network controller.

In Computer Management, under device manager, in Other Devices - the only thing listed is Network Controller with a yellow exclamation mark. When I double click on it, it says the manufacturer is unknown and the drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28). I tried to update the driver through the system but it doesn't find anything.

In Everest, Network, PCI/PnP Network, it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter. That is the only mention of my wireless adapter I could find.

Any help would be much appreciated. I can provide more info if need be. Thanks

A:Netbook not recognizing network controller - code 28

it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter.Click to expand...

It sounds like you should have 2 network controllers - one wired, the other wireless.

Are you saying it's just the wired Ethernet connector? or both not working? Did you try the ASUS web site? If one of the connectors is working, i think the ASUS site offers the option to detect your model and tell you drivers needed. Or look up your model manually on their site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-not-recognizing-network-controller-code-28.164478/
Relevancy 22.79%

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I have rebooted my PC and installed the driver using Driver max. I tried reinstalling but that did not help. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The driver installed is 3DP edition Sigma v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)

Chipset is a Intel G31 (Bearlake) + ICH7

I have no clue what the motherboard is though.

Even with this information any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

A:Sound card driver installed - but still gives Code 10

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
In your next post, click Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-driver-installed-but-still-gives-code-10.181181/
Relevancy 22.79%

Can anyone help with a supposed conflict Went from an ATI X Pro to Nvidia I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural conflict 12 swapping video Code cards when PS Keyboard I O Port x - x Motherboard resources I O Port x C - x DF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - I O Port x C - x DF VgaSave I O Port x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard I O Port x - x Motherboard resources IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R FB Code 12 conflict when swapping video cards FBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - C IRQ Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R FB FBM Code 12 conflict when swapping video cards PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - B Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - A IRQ OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller IRQ D-Link DWA- Wireless N Desktop Adapter IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xA - xBFFFF VgaSave I O Port x B - x BB Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - I O Port x B - x BB VgaSave Memory Address xFA - xFBCFFFFF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xFA - xFBCFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce nbsp

A:Code 12 conflict when swapping video cards

Did you remove all the ATI drivers. What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-12-conflict-when-swapping-video-cards.184715/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi there I own an Alesis Multimix Firewire which I use to record music on my PC I connect this to my Computer via can (Code 12) use that free This enough it cannot device resources find VIA PCI IEEE Adapter Firewire Everything s been fine up until now it seems my computer won t recognize when the firewire cable is connected to the computer So I flipped open the motherboard and made sure the adapter was connected into the slot properly as sometimes it can slide out a bit since it is at a weird angle when the PC sits upright I rebooted again and it said that the Firewire adapter had been detected Tried connecting the Alesis and still nothing Went into System and Device Manager and under the IEEE Bus host controller tab it shows OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller with a highlighted exclamation mark over it I click into the properties of this and it says under This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) the General Tab This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system More specifically under the This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) Details Tab it says this PCI VEN amp DEV This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) amp SUBSYS amp REV amp DC A amp amp Not sure entirely what this means I googled it and a lot of ppl saying to try and update the drivers etc but I don t think that this will do any good as the last driver was back in and I don t think any new drivers have been made since Looking for a logical answer to this one Any help would be greatly appreciated Attached a DXdiag file below too Thanks nbsp

A:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

Looks like the motherboard's USB channels or chipset needs to be updated or re-installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources-that-it-can-use-code-12.180628/
Relevancy 23.22%

So, I've reinstalled my system back to XP, and installed all of the devices but it shows that there's no sound card. It shows the "code 10" problem. I've tried to reinstall the driver, and installed different updated version,but still no luck. I have attached my dxdiag, so if anyone call tell me where's my problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-problem-code-10.176289/
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay so i keep having this problem where my Standard VGA graphics adapter wont run it says its up to date on updates but i want to manually find an update and update it myself but i dont know where to find it.

I have a

ASUS K53TA-BBR6 AMD A6-3400M Quad-core (1.4GHz - 2.3GHz)

please help :[

A:Standard VGA graphics adapter (Code 10)

Can you say what your PC is? Make/model ?
Which Windows version are you using?
If you are not sure exactly what the graphics are then you can download this small program to give you info about it.
http://download.cnet.com/GPU-Z/3000-2094_4-10788513.html
You will need to visit the makers website to download the correct driver, when you have the information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standard-vga-graphics-adapter-code-10.174539/
Relevancy 21.93%

my laptop is a dell latitude/D520 PP17L
IT SHOWS UP ERROR CODE 1000-0148 UNIT 2 OPTICAL DRIVE BISTOPU TEST FAILD.thats all it says and i'm running windows 7 please can anyone help on what to do .also it plays dvds but no other discs i looked on dell site for code and it says take drive out then put back in and it shuld work but would like help from here before i touch it as this site and the people here have always been 100% spot on .. thanks

A:Error code 1000-0148 CD-ROM drive (Dell Latitude D520)

wow no one can help ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-1000-0148-cd-rom-drive-dell-latitude-d520.173060/
Relevancy 23.22%

When I go through the Extended Self Test (EST) I get an error code 404 for the scanner. How do I correct/clear that code? Does it have something to do with the scanner bulb?

A:HP 9100C Error Code 404

This is called an HP 9100C Digital Sender. Was it built in 2004?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-9100c-error-code-404.170452/
Relevancy 23.65%
Q: Code 10

Hello All,
my usb device on my computer is not working, every time i try to attach a new device to the usb I get the code 10, how can I fix that?
Thank you very much for all your help.
Jon

A:Code 10

Could you clarify: does code 10 appear for any USB device (including things like keyboar/mouse) or is it just storage devices (like flash cards, USB drives, CD/ROM?)

please indicate what type (or types) or if ALL devices are failing with code 10

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-10.161334/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a satellite A65-S126. model no. PSA60U-02KO15. the laptop is failing to boot. When l power it up, Iit requires me to pick last known good configuration or us the safe mode options.
I have tried to reinstall the operation system and when the installer tries to copy files to the disk, it gives the following error message, "file ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. the error code is 7. setup cannot continue, press any key to exit"..
l have checked my dvd rom by way of installing it on another similar laptop and it has worked. Have also checked my memory modules and they again proved to be working.
Your assistance on this matter, team, will greatly be appreciated.

A:Satellite A65-S126. File ntkrnp.exe could not be loaded. Error code is 7

See this link:
http://www.computer-adviser.com/error-code-7.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/satellite-a65-s126-file-ntkrnp-exe-could-not-be-loaded-error-code-is-7.161198/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi there Not a computer expert by any Audio - not This can start 10) (Code device means and would really appreciate your help Audio - This device can not start (Code 10) I tried to download a DVD decoder that would enable me to watch a DVD that wasn t working on Windows Media the other day This still didn t work and gave Audio - This device can not start (Code 10) me a far more frustrating problem as well The sound has now gone and I have a yellow explanation mark next to my audio device in device manager and the device status says This device can not start Code My computer is as follows Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Model T AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor GHZ GB of RAM I have tried de-installing and re-installing got rid of any new downloads checked for Viruses using Kapersky checked the wires and done everything on Windows Troubleshooter a number of times I saw a few other threads on this and it all resulted in the poster having to buy a new sound card Mine is built into my system and this all seems quite fiddly and could cause me to do further damage Has anyone else got any further advice before I go ahead and do this Thanks in advance for any advice given It is much appreciated nbsp

A:Audio - This device can not start (Code 10)

Sounds like the driver needs updating go to manufacturers website and download the latest drivers to your desktop and unpack the driver to your desktop then go into device manager and right click on the sound card select properties and update driver and follow the hard ware wizard and locate the driver you downloaded.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-this-device-can-not-start-code-10.159033/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Hope that somebody can assist me with this frustrating issue - Abit - Eye AA8XE POST code 3rd intermittent 9.0 - cold boot which continues to perplex my limited computer system knowledge To offer brief background this system was my primary PC until Jan prior to replacement with a Abit AA8XE - 3rd Eye - intermittent cold boot - POST code 9.0 custom built i system Prior to this new setup I was having to leave the system powered as it had become a struggle to reboot successfully from cold However once booted the system would function flawlessly and happily reboot restart at will until switched off and a cold restart attempted Following a Motherboard failure resulting from a blown PSU on an unrelated Gigabyte spare system I deceided to utilise and upspec memory and PSU on the AA XE system as a replacement NB At this stage the system has no OS or HDD s installed just CPU memory and floppy IDE optical drives Once again the intermittent cold boot issue has arisen always resulting in a post code fail at Complete Guru initial process AWARD BIOS take over booting job with no display Several Power Off attempts restarts later and I can successfully boot to FF and Disk Boot Failure no HDD s installed remember Subsequent reboots restarts are a breeze until next cold start of course I have noticed that when the cold boot fail occurs the Graphics Fan does not spin up at boot however when the full boot sequence initiates correctly the Graphics fan comes immediately to life as soon as the power button is pressed NB I have tried reseating the graphics card but it has made no difference Also the power button will not power off the system when at fail though I suspect this is because the system boot sequence has not fully initiated I have also removed all memory and still have the same issue excepting when successful restart fails at C Memory sticks replaced and swapped one at a time to eliminate bad memory and no issues found problem persists Once booting normally CPU is recognised all memory including above test configurations recognised correctly and IDE optical drives recognised even boots off an OS cd Have already tried CMOS reset and I am running BIOS defaults at this stage other than graphics initialise PCIx rather than default PCI the settings are not currently overclocked Seem to recall that RAM voltages at AA XE default were wrong only a distant memory so may not be correct on that if so might this cause a and this issue As the issue is intermittent and relates only to a start from cold I suspect that it is related to the motherboard and wonder if it is possibly a problem with the BIOS chip Would welcome any advice to resolve this issue nbsp

A:Abit AA8XE - 3rd Eye - intermittent cold boot - POST code 9.0

From cold, can you heat the area around the CPU up with a hair dryer, then try booting.
If that makes no difference, try the rest of the board.

Have you tried a different graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/abit-aa8xe-3rd-eye-intermittent-cold-boot-post-code-9-0.159062/
Relevancy 23.22%

PROBLEM PC was unintentionally left unattended for hours while connected to quot Lowes com quot Shopping Cart When I returned to PC internet connection was lost amp cold not reconnect to internet Comcast modem was working fine all lights green also verified this with Comast Running Bit Vista on a Gateway GT Desktop Comcast Modem is connected directly to PC via Ethernet cable No wireless routers are being used Initial Solution Diagonstics Went to device manager line items under Network adapters Ethernet Controller - which was working 19 Error on connections USB Code fine Some item that had quot Comcast quot in the line Code 19 Error on USB connections item - this had the YELLOW EXCLAIMATION POINT saying that it was not working properly Another item that I can t recall the specific name - this also had the YELLOW EXCLAIMATION POINT saying that it was not working properly I deleted the two items that were not working I know this was a bad idea - should have uninstalled As soon as I did this all seven of my Universal Serial Bus Controllers showed the YELLOW EXCLAIMATION POINT - saying quot Windows cannot start this device because its configuration information is incomplete or Code 19 Error on USB connections damaged Code Obviously no devices are working in any of the USB ports The PC cannot find any networks ADDITIONAL SOLUTIONS TRIED SO FAR Reestablish Network Connection through Network and Sharing Center Windows Network Diagonstics says Marvel Yukon Ethernet Controller is experiencing driver or hardware issues Ensure that Internet Protcol Version and Verson are selected for the network adapter Comcast Cable Connection Both versions are selected under the Ethernet Controller Properties When double clicking the Local Area Connection Marvel Yukon Controller Icon under Network Connections the following is noticed IPv Connectivity Not Connected IPv Connectivity Not Connected When the Marvel Yukon Ethernet Controller is checked through Device Manager it says the device is working properly and has the correct updated driver Consultation with Gateway Service Tech said that deletion of the two corrupt Network Adapters caused the corruption of the USB s therefore attention was turned to getting the USB s back to make hardware connections which would in turn allow the Ethernet Controller to find the Comcast Modem recognize it and reinstall the network connection Also note on this Gateway PC the Ethernet and USB s are built directly into the motherboard There is no separate Network Card or USB card in the PCI slots Tried to uninstall all USB devices in quot Device Manager quot and Scan for Hardware Changes This reinstalled the USB s but they are still not working - Code Tried to Update Driver for USB s through Device Manager The device manager says the most current driver is installed USB s still not working - Code Tried to do Windows System Restore - Got quot Unspecified Error quot no changes made to machine Tried other system restore points got same results Consultation with Gateway Service Tech said I need to reinstall Chipset drivers for motherboard Tried Gateway Recovery Center - Recover Hardware drivers and chipsets The recovery center for quot Communication Devices and System Components quot there were drivers available Marvel LAN Driver Realtek WLAN Unibryce Modem No motherboard chipsets were available Tried reinstalling the drivers above did not improve USB situation Tried Gateway web site to download drivers entered by PC serial number to get appropriate drivers but motherboard chipsets were not shown among the choices Actually downloaded different sets of drivers that might have been applicable to the motherboard chipset drivers but they turned out to only be video card drivers Other aspects of the Computer are working properly startup keyboard amp mouse if plugged into PS connectors DVD disk drives I can run MS Office and other applications Just can t use any USB and removable SDCard Compact Flash Card slots etc and can t connec... Read more

A:Code 19 Error on USB connections

You may ultimately need to reinstall Windows.. but before getting to that point..

You say no USB devices work?
> Are you using a PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard?

Re: reinstall your network drivers
> First get the network drivers download files onto the computer. Once you do next step you'll have no network connection either
> Look in Ctl Panel->Programs and Features. I'm going to guess you'll find an entry for your network card there. Uninstall from Programs and Features
> Then reinstall the network drivers

Then can you generate a copy of the Problem Device Report?

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

Also see How to recover your folders/files when Windows won?t boot to both backup your data if you need reinstall PLUS you can see if your USB and network works under Knoppix (see if its a Windows specific issue or your motherboard)

/* edit */
Also, your problem doesn't have anything to do with upper/lower filters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-19-error-on-usb-connections.157533/
Relevancy 23.22%

All right guys let me come to the point i am really upset and sorry for posting Image Links on my first post but i wanted to make sure i give all the info i can to fix this Problem ok so I reinstalled my windows xp i have a c-media sound card my on- board is dead so 12 problem Sound - card Code after i installed the drivers i saw that i had no sound when i went to the device maneger i saw a error on the device PIc of the error ---------uploadpic org Sound card - Code 12 problem storage originals enenn skf s fsnnnjn sre n bmp------ This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code I did a lot of search and found out some info so heres all the things i tried Sound card - Code 12 problem Reinstall drivers Disable the on-board audio since i reformated i never installed my on-board sound drivers but i did went to bios and saw quot Audio controller quot which i Disabled Move Sound card to a another slot Flash bios I Tried all the things above but still no use so i had to do something since i have no sound i went to System Information to see whats conflicting with the resources heres a pic ---------img imageshack us img png------------ Now as you can see that the Sound card is using quot I O xFFFFFFFC- xFFFFFFF quot Now How do i fix it EDIT By the way i am using Mercury PI GCM Intel Dual Core GHz And GB RAM nbsp

A:Sound card - Code 12 problem

Try another PCI sound card...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-code-12-problem.156253/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi

I'm trying to get my local area connection (see title for model) working, but it's telling me of a Code 10. It was working yesterday, but today....no such luck.

I tried replacing the cord, but nothing's happening.

I am running Windows 7 32 bit

Any suggestions?

A:Intel (R) Pro/100/VE Network Connection code 10 issue

find the correct driver and have it available and then
uninstall the device driver
reboot and let Windows auto discover it
If that fails, then reinstall the saved driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-r-pro-100-ve-network-connection-code-10-issue.153382/
Relevancy 23.22%

I burned photos and video images on Memorax's DVD RW that I purchased at Staple, and sent it to my family in Japan. However, they couldn't open DVD and see any images. Does a blank DVD disk also have region code and/or video system (NTSC/PAL)?

A:DVD region code/video system

Hi

not that i have heard, a DVD is just a media storage tool the same as a pendrive or external hard drive.

Its possible that they may have accidentally blanked the dvd without realising it or the images and video are in a format they cant open, it may be that you didnt close the session when writing the images to the disk..

or...they only have a CDrom on their PC and as such it wont see the DVD,,seen that before.

Just some thoughts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-region-code-video-system.149583/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello,

I've searched this forum, and others, and haven't found a solution for this problem.

I have no sound for anything. I have a Realtek AC'97 audio, running Windows Service Pack 3. My motherboard is an intel corporation one. My laptop is a sony vaio pcg-z1wamp.

In the Device Manager it shows the following: "Device cannot start (code 10)".

I've tried installing several new drivers; I've uninstalled and installed the device; I've tried updates and some of the solutions suggested on this forum. Nothing has worked.
Hardware issue & problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Realtek AC'97 audio controller, can't start (code 10)

I ran everest, see below
Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium M, 1687 MHz (17 x 99)
Motherboard Name Sony Corporation PCG-Z1WAMP(UC)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Odem i855PM
System Memory 1024 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (11/21/03)

Display:
Video Adapter MOBILITY RADEON (16 MB)
Video Adapter MOBILITY RADEON (16 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Mobility Radeon (M6)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor (12001)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801DBM ICH4-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-controller-cant-start-code-10.146585/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I just bought an Apollo Expert UX Portable USB hard drive but could not use it. Errors occured during the process of installation. Upon checking, it indicates that theres a error of code 10. May i know how do i solve this? Much appreciation for help. Thanks.

Anyway, im using Windows XP, SP3. Hope that is useful..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apollo-expert-ux-500-gb-error-code-10.146214/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a home computer with a netgear router hard-wired to the lan port which gives me internet access. I also have two lap-tops and I can connect to the internet
through wi-fi/router ok. I want to set up a wap security code for this network.I assume this is a network, though I hav'nt used a wizard or other to set one up. Both lap-tops have built-in wireless access. Do I need to set-up a wap security code from each computer, or just the lan connected computer, or one of the wi-fi connected lap-tops. Microsoft help is not very clear on the fundamentals of networking, I assume they can't draw schematic diagrams, which would simplify the whole connection process

A:Creating WPA code on wireless network

The encryption and the method (WPA2, WPA, WEP) are enabled in the router and the passphrase is set there too.

the client systems need to use the WiFi Wizard to find your SSID and will prompt for the passphrase.

BE CERTAIN to use the wired connection to config ANY router settings

(btw: be sure to change the admin password too )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creating-wpa-code-on-wireless-network.144146/
Relevancy 23.22%

HI Gang I have a Pavilion zd us laptop When I turn it on leds light up but that is it No video I tried an external monitor but still not video I stripped down the laptop to motherboard memory cpu with fans Still same issue I inserted a post code card into the mini PCI slot When powering up the cpu fans run and leds lite I get the code on the post card quot quot nothing else I have a second post code card that plugs into the printer port along with the USB port I boot up with this card in and at first I get quot -- quot Then when I press the button on the card to view the next code zd7140us Pavilion Post Code it is quot quot with the quot quot Post Code Pavilion zd7140us flashing That is it I have already itried installing a used CPU ebay Can any help me as to reading the code or where to go from here to troubleshoot the laptop Peace kozman nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/post-code-pavilion-zd7140us.141845/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello all,

My Rampage Extreme board was replaced by Asus because they couldn't fix it. I do not have the code to register the soundcard software for the original board.

My question is if I order another driver disc that has the registration code on the sleeve, will it work with my new MB? Or is the code specific to each MB? If it is proprietary how do I get the right code to go with the new MB?

Asus customer support doesn't know and neither does tech support, each one blames the other!

Can anyone give me an idea what to do?

Thank you in advance,

Tinsby

A:Will any registration code work for my SupremeFx X-f?

Is the new motherboard the same model as the old? If it is, the old sound card software should work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-any-registration-code-work-for-my-supremefx-x-f.140927/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi All

As i was playing COD last night my PC froze and when i rebooted i had yellow vertical lines on the monitor. I went to the device manager and under the display adapter theres now a yellow exclamation point.The message that is there is -"This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
I had a quick look at several forums and have a feeling my card might be dead. Any suggestions before I assume that?

I had the PC put together about 4 months ago. I did have a problem with a defective mother board that was fried about a month after purchasing. That was replaced by the manufacturer and was told it did not affect any other parts of the PC.

I am running windows XP
and my specs are
Intel Core 2 quad CPU
Q9550 @2.83 GHZ
2.93 GB of RAM

Thanks in advance

A:Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Start by wiping the old drivers and reinstalling the newest WHQL drivers from www.nvidia.com and make sure to download a small app called "Driver Sweeper." After you uninstall the display driver from the Add/Remove Programs list (don't restart yet), run DS to completely purge all of the video driver files from the system. Once that is done, restart the computer and proceed to install the new drivers for the card. After another restart try the game again and if it still causing freeze-ups or vertical lines have the card replaced, it's probably faulty vRam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8800gtx-this-device-cannot-start-code-10.138611/
Relevancy 22.79%

I got a Dell Optiplex GX280 tower, P4 3.2Ghz DDR2. When I start it up there is a long beep followed by 5 short beeps. I know the beeps mean something, but I don't exaclty know. I've tried changing the RAM, to no avail. Could it be video, because there is no signal to the screen?

A:Dell Optiplex GX280 beep code

See if this thread might help The complete BIOS beep guide

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-gx280-beep-code.135241/
Relevancy 20.21%

I m adding a video card a Geforce GT MB card VGAsave, Hell. not code card Video 12, recognized pci-e to a Dell Optiplex computer This should have been a - minute job but I ve spent a good hours or so trying to resolve Video card Hell. VGAsave, code 12, card not recognized this issue The computer had on-board integrated video so I disabled those drivers turned off the computer plugged in the new video card into the pci-e slot fired it up video showed up while plugged into the video card so I logged into windows and then tried to install the drivers The disc that came with the video card says quot No supported hardware is found in your system quot I downloaded the most recent drivers from the NVidia site and it said the same thing I checked the current video adapter being used and it said quot VGAsave quot so I looked in device manager and there s an next to quot PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge quot I figure this is the problem and why the video card isn t recognized so I look at the properties for that and it says quot This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code quot I ve done a lot of research and reading but I can t find any solution to this I tried to uninstall the integrated video and completely get rid of the drivers using a driver sweeper program and that didn t work The only setting in the BIOS for video is to either have quot Auto quot or quot Onboard quot I have it set to Auto but there is no way to disable the onboard video card within the BIOS I ve upgraded the BIOS and that still didn t help I ve reinstalled Windows XP first without the new video card installed and then tried to install it and that still didn t work I then reinstalled Windows XP with the new video card installed and it showed the next to PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge right away I called EVGA support for the card and everything they suggested I had already tried so they didn t help I ve tried everything that I can think of and nothing works Has anyone ever had this problem or know how to resolve this issue I am beyond frustrated but would love any suggestions Thank you so much nbsp

A:Video card Hell. VGAsave, code 12, card not recognized

Instead of deleting the onboard, try to disable it in device manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-hell-vgasave-code-12-card-not-recognized.133842/
Relevancy 23.22%

Mobo - Gigabyte nForce3 250

uses AwardBIOS

i powered off pc to connect an IDE cd-drive. upon powering back on thats when i started receiving beep code.

i then disconnected the cd-drive to boot as pc originally was and received the same beep code.

when powering on all fans are running. monitor stays at black screen. meanwhile receiving beep code.

its a long beep repeating every 4 secs. i still havent found a way to decode it yet or have any remote idea as to what could be wrong. ill continue looking for a way to decode this. thx

A:Help interpreting PC beep code

i know that the bios manufacter is Award, but they are now owned by Phoenix industries. not sure when the new ownership came into play.

turns out that Phoenix bios code for long repetitive beeps is a memory error. hmm. so bad ram maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-interpreting-pc-beep-code.131094/
Relevancy 23.22%

i keep geeting this message now and need to fix this thank you

A:How to fix error code 10-fc12-045d

This is a Toshiba error code.
Are you running Toshiba recovery disks on the Toshiba machine for which they were designed?

While running a full system recovery from the Recovery Media, the installation may fail -- and display one of the error messages listed below.
Use this list as a troubleshooting guide -- not as an absolute list of causes, as there may be others.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC12-045D" -- may be caused by a faulty hard drive.Click to expand...

I would suggest running chkdsk, or else the utilities available from the maker of your drive... Toshiba?
http://www.fis.fujitsu.com/support/disk/software/fjdt_v6.90.zip
Note not all drive makers have such utilities, but many do... and since this is a Toshiba error code, I have given you the link to their tools.

It appears that replacing the drive is often, but not always, the solution:
but (Imho) diagnostics should be done to make sure this is even needed, as (it seems) other things may give this error too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-error-code-10-fc12-045d.130938/
Relevancy 23.22%

I'm new to Techspot. I wanted to get into a forum to try and solve an issue with my computer. The computer is a dell inspiron 1525, with vista, and receives the following message on startup, "internal hard disk drive not found."

A:Need help with error code 2000-0141

The usual cause is that the hard drive has gone bad... But you may just need to re-order your BIOS?
Have your tried borrowing another drive just to see if it is detected?
That computer can be about 2 1/2 years old... long enough for a drive to go bad...
But if you have valuable data on it, you don't want to mess with it too much... just because it doesn't boot, or is not detected, doesn't mean you cannot access it later to retrieve the data... because usually you can.
It can be a lot of other problems as well, so tell us more about your system and what you were in the middle of?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-error-code-2000-0141.130839/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi this is venkatesh, i am new to this community,i have formatted my system and install xp operating system,but i cant install my audio drivers,one error was occured named code 10 error,pls tel me how can i fix this problem,pls help me,thanks in advance....

my system configuration is

Pentium(R) Dual-core cpu
[email protected]
1.99 GB of RAM
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Intel(R) G33/G31/P35/P31 Express Chipset Processor to I/O Controller - 29C0
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller - 27DA
Giga-Byte Technology Avance AC'97 Audio
Realtek HD Audio Driver version:5.10.0.5567
Chip: Intel Corporation 82852GM Montara Host-Hub Interface Bridge (A1-step)
Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

A:Code 10 error when installing audio drivers

You are showing two different audio drivers:

1. Realtek HD Audio Driver version:5.10.0.5567
2.Giga-Byte Technology Avance AC'97 Audio

Delete both in the Device Manager, and restart your computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-10-error-when-installing-audio-drivers.130626/
Relevancy 19.78%

Have a HP nc6400 laptop
I have not been able to use my keyboard and in device manager I get a yellow exclamation. It says that there are not enough resources!!!!! But not sure what to disable ?
Resource settings show two red I/O range setting 0060-0060 the second red bar shows 0064-0064
The blue IRQ setting is 01!
The two red bar show conflicting device list Synaptics PS/ 2 port touch pad and the 0060 0064 #s
I hope I have expl-ned this well thanks

A:Code 12 keyboard error ps/2. Keyboard not working

Will an external PS2 keyboard work correctly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-12-keyboard-error-ps-2-keyboard-not-working.129546/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a HP c AMD Athlon running windows xp There is an integrated video card that went bad So in installed a a Pci Pci code video 12 with Code error on to in 12 bridge, xp card Recieve an AGP video card it is a D Prophet XT MB Now that the card is installed when I have it activated there is a code on one of the pci to pci Code 12 in xp on a Pci to Pci bridge, Recieve a code 12 error with video card bridges so that my network card Code 12 in xp on a Pci to Pci bridge, Recieve a code 12 error with video card in the other pci slots will not Code 12 in xp on a Pci to Pci bridge, Recieve a code 12 error with video card work I have tried the network card on other computers and it works fine i have also tried the video card and it works fine I also tried other items in the pci slots while the agp card is in modem sound card and i still recieve the same error The card works when a pci bridge is enabled but only with the VGAsave driver and with very low quality When i check the device manager while both pci to pci bridges are enabled when i can only run the VGAsave driver it says the there is a conflict under the I O range with the VGAsave and an Pci to Pci bridge Any windows updates just delets the pci to pci bridge listed in the device manager And i have tried all the drivers i could from AMD HP Hercules Any help would be welcomed on how to fix this nbsp

A:Code 12 in xp on a Pci to Pci bridge, Recieve a code 12 error with video card

your hp box is not only engineered by hp (who tend to focus on low assembly costs) but is an oem build, thus severely limiting your options. a suggested next step would be to attempt to poke around in the bios setup utility and/or to try out a wider variety of cards/slot configurations. good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-12-in-xp-on-a-pci-to-pci-bridge-recieve-a-code-12-error-with-video-card.27804/
Relevancy 22.79%

Salutations This is my first post I have used this site in the past to resolve issues however this current issue is driving Conflict 12 Nvidia GS 8400 Resource Code me batty I recently Nvidia 8400 GS Code 12 Resource Conflict purchased the Sims It required me to upgrade my video card I purchased a Nvidia GS I uninstalled the old software for my old card removed it installed the hardware and software for the Nvidia card and rebooted In the device manager it is showing that it does not have enough resources code I tried looking through the resources and nothing seems to be sharing the same exact resource The only thing that is showing a conflict is Vgasave and its conflicting with a pci-pci bridge Silly me i disabled it rebooted got a black display on the desktop so I just went through the keyboard to re-enable it rebooted and it s fine I also tried to go through safe mode uninstall and reinstall the nvidia card I also tried it in a different pci slot Problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out how to re-configure the resources in order for the video card to work Especially since nothing else is showing a conflict The only thing I can think of at this point is to exchange the pci slot card for an agp slot card But I dont know if that would make a difference Unfortunately my interest in computers is higher than my knowledge All I can think to tell you is that I am on a dell dimension desktop that I purchased in fall of I am running windows xp professional service pack As far as hardware and settings everything is stock except for a netgear wireless card and the aforementioned nvidia card Buckets of gratitude in advance nbsp

A:Nvidia 8400 GS Code 12 Resource Conflict

You may have to upgrade your motherboards bios and/or chipset drivers if you can. That motherboard is very minimal. I haven't seen resource conflicts since the days of Windows Me and 98

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8400-gs-code-12-resource-conflict.129153/
Relevancy 22.79%

First of all Hello and thank you for being such a great site with such helpful people Secondly I just finished reformatting my Windows XP Pro after a mysterious Sound No Start (code Card/Device/Cannot 10) crash that left it frozen at each start up After having to wait the painful No Sound Card/Device/Cannot Start (code 10) minutes to reformat and run windows I am faced with the annoyance of no audio No biggy I thought snooped around techspot tried downloading codecs drivers etc Nothing worked I faced all the problems everyone else did with no solutions First the greyed out No Device via Control Panel Then the Realtek Ac cannot start code Then finally while trying to resolve the problem I joined techspot looking for answers I have no taskbar menu volume controller I know I have a sound card enabled in my tower and I know it s worked in the past No Sound Card/Device/Cannot Start (code 10) I can t get Realtek or HD SoundMax to work after install restart My specs are Intel Pentium CPU GHz Motherboard No manufactuerer given Model P X - Chipset VIA PT VT Rev BIOS Phoenix Technologies Ver PG gigs of RAM gig of HDD space Running Windows XP Professional Edition Clean install as of today Thanks in advance hope this helps and someone can help me nbsp

A:No Sound Card/Device/Cannot Start (code 10)

It is a SOYO Dragon Motherboard with on board CMI 8738 audio. You will need to find a CMI 8738 audio driver maybe this one:

http://download.cnet.com/C-Media-CMI8738-WDM-Driver-Windows-XP/3000-2120_4-10495782.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-card-device-cannot-start-code-10.125824/
Relevancy 23.65%

good evening people please help i got a creative sound blaster sound card that just stop working and gave an error code 10 right out of the blues can some body help

A:Error code 10

what version of Windows and Service Pack level is installed?

This often means (at least a place to start) that a driver is corrupted/interfering.

Look in Add/Remove Programs first.
=> Are any Sound Blaster sound card programs listed? Remove them first
=> Then check device manager for sound drivers. Uninstall
=> Now you try to reinstall them and see if status= OK

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-10.127516/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey Everyone I was playing world of warcraft days ago and all of a sudden my computer froze I had a hard time logging on my computer for a couple of days My computer would consistently freeze at the desktop Wallpaper and Icon would show and i ll be able to move my cursor but It woud just freeze and I wont be able to click anything I was only able to log on in Safe mode and was able to fix the problem It 10) Device start (Code cannot was my AVG that was preventing me from logging on normal mode After I deleted that I ran Device cannot start (Code 10) a chkdsk and everything seemed fine Than I came across another problem I was missing tabs in my display properties I downloaded a registry file and downloaded it in safe mode than it began to show again Now I have another problem Every time I log on my computer my Display adapters both get a device cannot start Code with a Yellow Sign filled with a black exclamation mark The device cannot start Code happens with the following two devices ATI RADEON x MB Hypermemory ATI RADEON x MB Secondary If i uninstall and reinstall them it will work until I restart my computer than it goes back to device cannot start Code I updated the drivers but I can t run Catalyst Control Center anymore i get a Unable to load file or assembly mom implementation or Unable to load file or assembly CLI implementation So I uninstalled Catalyst Control Center and Installed ATI Trash tools but than I get a quot can not find ati video board or catalyst drivers installed quot I would have to uninstall the ATI RADEON x MB Hypermemory ATI RADEON x MB Secondary than reinstall it To get ATI Trash tools to work but when I restart my computer I get the quot can not find ati video board or catalyst drivers installed quot and quot device cannot start Code quot I went to troubleshooting to follow the directions I did the uninstall install I did the update driver and remove all the old ATI driver files I can t use system restore after my World of Warcraft froze on me The furthest i can go back is May th when I fixed the issue with the computer freezing at desktop and missing tabs I removed the video card from my computer and put it back in tightly but that didn t work I m lost and don t know what to do I never had this problem prior to the random freeze that happen while playing world of warcraft four days ago Here I m going to give you some information on my computer Im not that good with computer so Im not sure if this is useful or not If you need more information I ll be glad to add more I m running a Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack Dell Dimension DIM Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM nbsp

A:Device cannot start (Code 10)

We have seen issues with Catalyst drivers a lot lately.
Have you looked at this? -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/

I did notice that you said

Im not that good with computer so...Click to expand...

If the MS Knowledge Base article does not help, or if you need more help, repost.
We do want to help you. This is a great place (imho, the best!) to come for help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/device-cannot-start-code-10.127350/
Relevancy 23.22%

This just started in that I get a Code 43 error on my adaptor. It will work if I uninstall the device or unplug and then reinstall. When I shut down or sleep and then restart it does it again. I know the code states about updating the driver, but the most up to date driver is from 2005.

Should I just get a new one?

A:Code 43 Error on Wireless Adaptor

We may need a bit more information, such as...

The brand/model of your wireless adapter
The OS you are using

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-43-error-on-wireless-adaptor.124638/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi i have a geforce Nvidia 8200 motherboard and it has that debug screen on the back. anyways when ever i try to start my computer nothing shows up on the screen except the powersave mode box. and on the back the code "d5" keeps showin up. so i went and looked n it said that bootlock is executing out of rom instead of ram. I have no clue what to do.. the only way i can get it started is wiggling some wires and shuttin it on and off. takes 10+ mins to get it started.. and last night i got my first Bluescreen!! yay... any comments? i need some help badly

A:Bootlock error code on debug screen

Your power supply may be going bad...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bootlock-error-code-on-debug-screen.122535/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello x1300 Code Message receiving Error 12 Radeon All First let me apologize if this topic has been hit before but I can t seem to quite find the answer I m looking for And second I apologize for being ignorant when it comes to computers I basically know enough to be dangerous to myself and my system My wife recently Radeon x1300 receiving Code 12 Error Message bought me some video games for our computer one of which is Call of Duty I currently have a Dell Dimension w Pentium at ghz running Windows XP Professional I also have G of RAM But the game wouldn t play So I purchased the VisionTek ATI Radeon x PCI card I only have PCI slots two of which are being used memory upgrade and a sound card Of course installation never works the way it should I followed the instructions physically installed the card and installed the drivers from the included CD And nothing Under the device manager I disabled the built-in Intel graphics chip But my x Card has a Code Error Message - basically stating there is not enough free resources to run my card I tried walking through the Troubleshooting Wizard and got to the point where I am to find conflicting devices and try to reconfigure This is where I get really confused I guess my first question is it really worth all the hassle to play a few games Right now it s not in my budget to spend for a new computer so I was hoping would hold me over And if it is worth my time any recommendations suggestions on how to fix this problem Has anybody else encountered this problem with this card Thanks for your help I really appreciate it Steve nbsp

A:Radeon x1300 receiving Code 12 Error Message

Of course, installation never works the way it should. I followed the instructions, physically installed the card and installed the drivers from the included CD. And nothing. Under the device manager, I disabled the built-in Intel graphics chip. But my x1300 Card has a Code 12 Error Message - basically stating there is not enough free resources to run my card. I tried walking through the Troubleshooting Wizard, and got to the point where I am to find conflicting devices and try to reconfigure. This is where I get really confused.Click to expand...

A disabled device still consumes resources!
You should look through the Dell documentation as i'm guessing you probably have an onboard graphics card and you need to disable the card in BIOS (not Device Manager)
BIOS is your kind of "system configuration chip" that dicates much of what follows. Generall, to entery your BIOS you must reboot. Immediately and during the Dell flash screen after powering up, start tapping F2 to get into the BIOS setup screen. BE CAREFUL OF CHANGING ONLY THOSE SETTINGS YOU ARE SURE OF
Browse through the pages of setup options and you're likely one that allows you to enable/disable the onboard (or they may call it "integrated") graphics card. DISABLE it

See this MS KB133240 as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x1300-receiving-code-12-error-message.122894/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I have an HP ZE which I tried to clear the password in the BIOS by entering the original password then the enter key times over the new password blanks The next boot it asked for a password and my old password didn t work Nothing works There must be a bug in this BIOS Now I get a hash code of I tried to contact to contact HP I talked to technicians over several hours some of which were quot know Code HP is? does Support what not Hash nd level quot support technicians I tried to tell them that I have a hash code none knew what that was at all I told them i understand I just need to provide proof of ownership which I was ready and willing to do and a Hash Code they said they never heard of this method and I HP Support does not know what Hash Code is? must send it in to a service center All of them told me to remove the CMOS battery I insisted that won t work in a laptop and they insisted it would work They all insisted One of them even HP Support does not know what Hash Code is? sent me a manual to disassemble my laptop This model requires complete disassembly and removal of the mainboard to get to the CMOS battery it s located on the bottom side of the motherboard and there are no openings in the casing so you have to completely remove the motherboard This is crazy advice to give to an average home user I knew this wouldn t work but since HP technicians told me it would so I tried it HP Support does not know what Hash Code is? I m pretty technical and not afraid Completely disassembled the laptop removed the mainboard Left the battery out for a full day STILL PASSWORD It appears nobody on this site helps with HP Hash Codes any longer looks like mainly Dell products Not sure why but I see lots of HP owners posting without resolution Bottom line What are my options Is this computer now a Paper Weight Please advise Thank you nbsp

A:HP Support does not know what Hash Code is?

Send it back to HP and ask them to fix it for a fee.

Hash code is not yet common terminology in the computer world... and all dial up techs in foreign countries are prevented from password fix training online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-support-does-not-know-what-hash-code-is.122568/
Relevancy 22.36%

Following the title i hope it is the right place for this thread i get a blue screen when i play a game Online or offline i specs Frequent heres problem code restarts, my and still get the blue before i use to restart on the bluescreen i get this error code STOP x D xF F FE A x x xF DA B nvmcp sys AddressF DA B base F D D Datestamp CF and then when restores i get the error reporting to windows files in documents and settings temp folder WeRd e dir mini dmp WERd Frequent restarts, heres my problem code and specs e dir sysdata xml it is always this files from the beginning Processor Name AMD Athlon tm Videocard Name NVIDIA GeForce FX ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Environment -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ALLUSERSPROFILE C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS APPDATA C Documents and Settings Drehkran PLAYSTATIONIV Frequent restarts, heres my problem code and specs Application Data ArmServerInfo CLIENTNAME Console CommonProgramFiles C Program Files Common Files COMPUTERNAME PLAYSTATIONIV ComSpec C WINDOWS system cmd exe FP NO HOST CHECK NO HOMEDRIVE C HOMEPATH Documents and Settings Drehkran PLAYSTATIONIV LOGONSERVER PLAYSTATIONIV NUMBER OF PROCESSORS OS Windows NT Path C WINDOWS system C WINDOWS C WINDOWS System Wbem PATHEXT COM EXE BAT CMD VBS VBE JS JSE WSF WSH PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE x PROCESSOR IDENTIFIER x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD PROCESSOR LEVEL PROCESSOR REVISION ProgramFiles C Program Files SESSIONNAME Console SystemDrive C SystemRoot C WINDOWS TEMP C DOCUME DREHKR LOCALS Temp TMP C DOCUME DREHKR LOCALS Temp USERDOMAIN PLAYSTATIONIV USERNAME Drehkran USERPROFILE C Documents and Settings Drehkran PLAYSTATIONIV windir C WINDOWS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Physical Processors Logical Processors Processor Vendor AMD Processor Name AMD Athlon tm Additional Name x Family Model Stepping Popular Name Athlon XP Frequency MHz Serial Number - - -FBFF- - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIOS Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD BIOS Type AT AT COMPATIBLE BIOS Version PG Copyright Nvidia - e S v PG ard BIOS v PG Date Size KB -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard Vendor abit com tw Motherboard Model NF -S NF -M NF nVidia-nForce Version X Ports System Slots -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Memory Modules -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installed Memory Modules Supported Speeds Other Supported Types Other DIMM SDRAM Supported Voltage V Maximum Slot Size MB Memory Socket A Memory Size MB Memory Speed ns Memory Type Other DIMM SDRAM Memory Socket A Memory Size MB Memory Speed ns Memory Type Other DIMM SDRAM Memory Socket A Memory Size MB Memory Speed ns Memory Type Other DIMM SDRAM ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Videoadapter Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Video Adapter Name NVIDIA GeForce FX Video Memory MB Chipset Name GeForce FX BIOS Name Version BIOS Date Current Resolution x pixels Current Color Mode bits per pixel DirectX Version -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Monitor Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Driver Version Technology Raster Display Refresh Rate Hz Font Resolution dpi Width Height Diagonal in Pixels Horizonal Size Vertical Size ------------------------------------------------------... Read more

A:Frequent restarts, heres my problem code and specs

Couple if things to try

Try playing the game with no sound. Turn of sound in the game and also unplug any speakers

Try to disable the nForce Audio Drivers from Dxdiag ...
Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Sound and Hardware Acceleration -> No acceleration

with this way nForce will emulate sound so nvmcp.sys will virtually not exist

Then see what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-restarts-heres-my-problem-code-and-specs.118372/
Relevancy 23.22%

I'm trying to use two monitors but my current video card (nVIDIA GeForce 6800) doesn't allow me to do that. So i went out and bought another video card (nViDIA GeForce 8400) and was told by the guy at best buy that it could run two monitors.

So i put in the 8400 and installed it and then i got the code 12 error. The 6800 is still working. The 8400 is the one with the code 12 error.

Both of the video cards only have a vga port. So will I be able to run both of these video cards to get the two monitors to work? If so how should i fix this?

A:NVIDIA Code 12 Error

You likely have IRQ conflicts - try disabling LPT1 and/or one of your Com ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-code-12-error.117726/
Relevancy 23.22%

UPDATE Full Stop Code x A x x x x AA My PC build Specs -Intel DX BT Motherboard -Corsair XMS MB (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal) Stop 0x0000000A code Dual Channel PC DDR MHz Memory x MB -Intel Core Quad Q Processor -Ultra LSP -Watt Stop code 0x0000000A (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal) Power Supply -HIS Radeon HD MB PCIe w Dual Link DVI -Western Digital Caviar SE SATA GB Hard Drive -CD-rom x From my old server -Case From my old server Well I get a BSOD after trying to install Windows XP on my new built pc It formated good it get stuck on installing OS about Then I has a little bar on the left it goes about more than half way The screen turns black and BSOD I am these parts are compatible I went on support microsoft com and check their HCL and my board was on it I followed the steps in the booklet In the book let it says that removing the install to fix the problem is RARE Restart your computer NO FIX Make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed NO FIX Click start gt Help and support gt Get help from Microsoft Well I wish the OS was Installed Click start Stop code 0x0000000A (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal) gt Help and support gt Fixing a problem No os Disable or remove any newly Stop code 0x0000000A (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal) installed hardware I tried only gb of ram and nothing Microsoft Web Site at I studied it and found no help Using a current version of your antivirus software New build no OS installed due to BSOD Verify that your hardware device drivers and system bios are latest available version NO FIX Disable Bios memory options such as caching and shadowing Well skip that Run any system diagnostic software supplied with your computer Once agian no os installed Verify that your computer has the fatest Service Pack No os installed Press f select LAST known good configuration Not on the list no os Went on Microsoft s Web Site on Stop code x A Irql Not Less or Equal quot This behavior can occur if there is incompatible hardware or an incompatible device driver on your computer quot http support microsoft com kb en-us Well the st and nd step are skipped because of no os Remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer Well I removed the USB Keyboard and mouse and ran the computer only on power plug and monitor and NO FIX If you continue to receive this error message you may need to flash the BIOS on the computer s motherboard Well I removed the BIOS battery and put it back about min nothing Put all the settings on default nothing More research done - quot If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup or after Setup is complete the computer BIOS may be incompatible with Windows quot Well on the HCL on Microsoft s site said it WAS compatible so its not that -Make sure that you have sufficient hard disk space GB is well enough -Disable or update device drivers No OS -Remove all third-party drivers No OS I Found on the Windows XP booklet quot Under rare circumstances you may to unistall Windows XP Professional and return to your operating system quot nbsp

A:Stop code 0x0000000A (Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal)

Back to basics!

Set motherboard bios to failsafe settings
No USB devices attached
Freshly "clean" formatted single hard drive
One CD/DVD installed
No sound card, On-board sound ok
No PCI devices at all, except possible simple test video card or on-board video
No HIS Radeon HD 3650 512MB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI

Now try the Windows install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-code-0x0000000a-irql_not_less_or_equal.107982/
Relevancy 23.22%

When I power up my Dell desktop a error code 650F:137B pops up ; can anyone tell me what this means and how I can fix it? thanks!

A:Error Code: 650F:137B

error code 650F:137B. Msg: IDE device failed: Blank media or no media is present in optical drive

I found this information h e r e

But I will advise that you would be better to "live chat" with Dell on this error (as it's their error code) Here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-650f-137b.116659/
Relevancy 23.22%

sevrice number HKXD921 express sevice code 38270668825 after 3 trys error code 07915 this a laptop from a salvation army store came with no ard drive bad lcd and after all that i get this last hope thanks inspiron 2650

A:Error code 07915

Please confirm all your drivers are up to date here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-07915.115582/
Relevancy 23.22%

My Code problem AN832x 939 AMD 0.6 Post system AN832x AMD 939 problem Post Code 0.6 went south last week The only warning was that the ABIT splash screen was distorted but the machine booted just fine Now when I power on the machine there is no beep but the drives power up and all the fans are running The onboard LED display shows a post code of which is not listed in the manual I have tried all of the following with no change clear the CMOS remove battery change jumper wait for a few minutes Reseat the memory Boot w o memory remove all cards boot with different known working video card quot float quot the motherboard by removing the screws connecting it to the case boot w o cpu attached boot with keyboard disconnected the system specs are Abit AN X Socket Motherboard AMD Athlon CPU Allied AL C ATX W PSU GB OCZ PC- Memory WD K Gb SATA WD Gb ATA EVGA GS PCI-E MB Hauppauge Win-TV PVR Since nothing comes up on the screen I can t tell which BIOS version is on there It is about two years old and was bought from the now defunct Monarch Computers If someone can tell me what post code is I d be most grateful I emailed tech support at ABIT but got no reply Thanks in advance I posted a similar note on Raptor pit since the Abit forums are closed to new members and got some people suggesting that it was the CPU However no one seems to be able to point me to a place that says what Post code is nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an832x-amd-939-problem-post-code-0-6.112655/
Relevancy 23.22%

After many many tries and a Cannot Device (Code 10) Audio Start couple reformats I ve decided to ask for help instead of trying fixes that have yet to work I got this laptop about a week ago from Radio Shack It came with vista preinstalled and had so much stuff I did not want I wanted XP cause I have had Audio Device Cannot Start (Code 10) a fair share of experience with both Vista and XP to Audio Device Cannot Start (Code 10) come to say Vista is a gigantic resource hog I wanted to go back to XP because I m an avid gamer and most gamers use XP I downgraded and found all the drivers and my computer flew EXCEPT it had no sound I ve tried drivers for every laptop known to man and have seen many people fix theirs but to Audio Device Cannot Start (Code 10) no avail none have worked I ve tried the HD hotfix and it is currently installed My Computer Specs Gateway m- AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz KBx L Cache up to MHz HTT GB SATA hard drive ATI Radeon X with up to MB of HyperMemory x multi-format dual-layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM Integrated -megapixel webcam GB DDR MHz memory installed GB maximum supported nbsp

A:Audio Device Cannot Start (Code 10)

You need to find out the details of your chipset (Northbridge and Southbridge - the Southbridge is, I believe, the critical one re audio.

Then find through Google a mobo that has that sepecific set of chips and try and find XP drivers for that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-device-cannot-start-code-10.112359/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a problem with Error code, there are severals but 10000050 is most often.
I attached dump files and txt file from event viewer.

Custom Desktop specification:

AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor

GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX Ultra Durable II AMD Motherboard

ASUS EAH3850/G/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

Kingston HyperX NVIDIA SLI-Ready 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel

RAM is running on 800 not 1066. Tried to use memchecker and had some problems.

I attached dump file and txt event viewer so any advice would be appreciate.

THANKS !!!!

A:Error code 10000050 on new mobo

Your one minidumpt cited error 0xA which are strong indications of hardware issues. The problem is that a core Window driver was cited as probably cause which isn't much help.

The other four minidumps were all 0x50. auhma.org describes them as requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Again, the driver cited, win32k.sys, is a core Windows driver.

* Why is your memory not running at 1066? Did you set the memory like this or did your motherboard auto set?

* My hunch at this point is bad RAM so run Memtest for a minimum of 7 passes and any errors show corrupted memory that must be replaced. www.memtest.org.

* Also, run chkdsk in your Run Box and if you get no errors in memtest do a full harddrive diagnostics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-10000050-on-new-mobo.111985/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am forget my security code, I want reset my security code

my nokia IME:351876/01473674/6
code: 0525765

thank u,

A:Nokia 1110 Security code

Try calling Nokia support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nokia-1110-security-code.110936/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey there, I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I will give it a whirl. I reformatted my harddrive because it constantly crashed after it booted up. Everything went well until I tried to go online. After checking device manager I noticed that I now have several devices listed in "other devices" that all have a large, yellow question mark in front of them with the error message "code 10 device won't start". I have tried several things such as: reformatting again, uninstalling/reinstalling, drivers from the manufacturer etc, all with no avail. If anybody can help me walk thru this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Window XP
intel 865gbf motherboard, onboard network adapter

Other devices with issues:
Ethernet controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Thanks for your time

A:Help Code 10

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=948&lang=eng

Make some Desktop folders - Chipset, Sound, LAN, etc - then download the drivers to the applicable folder.

Start installing with the chipset first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-code-10.111252/
Relevancy 23.65%

i have windows xp. i have used my dvd burner on my computer for over two years now. occationaly i would have to restart my pc to get it working, but this time it has been days. so i looked and it is showing a code 10. i uninstalled and reinstalled but still have the same problem. any suggestions as to what to do next??

A:DVD burner code 10

If using Nero 7 or 8, and Windows VISTA
Remove both the UpperFilters and LowerFilters
Even with Windows XP, removing both filters and rebooting can get it working.
On other Nero, Roxio, and Record now, go to the software website to download and install the latest burner software drivers (the process will delete the old version) be sure you have your software serial number handy before you do this, or it won't install at all.

On others, you may have to install the firmware for the drive from the manufacturers website,

On others totally removing Nero, Roxio, or Record now, and editing out all references using RegClean by Juoni Viourno from www.majorgeeks.com.
Then reboot, and reinstall your burner software.

Also, doing a Gurgle search for DVD Code 10 will get you other suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-code-10.109456/
Relevancy 22.36%

My PC build Specs -Intel DX BT Motherboard -Corsair XMS MB Dual Channel PC DDR MHz Memory x MB -Intel Core Quad Q Processor -Ultra LSP -Watt screen of (0x0000000A) code Death! Blue Stop Power Supply -HIS Radeon HD MB PCIe w Dual Link DVI -Western Digital Caviar SE Blue screen of Death! Stop code (0x0000000A) SATA GB Hard Drive -CD-rom x From my old server -Case From my old server Well I get a BSOD after trying to install Windows XP on my new built pc It formated good it get stuck on installing OS about Then I has a little bar on the left it goes about more than half way The screen turns black and BSOD I am these parts are compatible I went on support microsoft com and check their HCL and my board was on Blue screen of Death! Stop code (0x0000000A) it I followed the steps in the booklet In the book let it says that removing the install to fix the problem is RARE Restart your computer NO FIX Make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed NO FIX Click start gt Help and support gt Get help from Microsoft Well I wish the OS was Installed Click start gt Help and support gt Fixing a problem Disable or remove any newly installed hardware I tried only gb of ram and nothing Microsoft Web Site at I studied it and found no help Using a current version of your antivirus software New build no OS installed due to BSOD Verify that your hardware device drivers and system bios are latest available version NO FIX Disable Bios memory options such as caching and shadowing Well skip that Run any system diagnostic software supplied with your computer Once agian no os installed Verify that your computer has the fatest Service Pack No os installed Press f select LAST known good configuration Not on the list no os Went on Microsoft s Web Site on Stop code x A Irql Not Less or Equal quot This behavior can occur if there is incompatible hardware or an incompatible device driver on your computer quot http support microsoft com kb en-us Well the st and nd step are skipped because of no os Remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer Well I removed the USB Keyboard and mouse and ran the computer only on power plug and monitor and NO FIX If you continue to receive this error message you may need to flash the BIOS on the computer s motherboard Well I removed the BIOS battery and put it back about min nothing Put all the settings on default nothing Well I am thinking of A Triple check If something is not compatible likely not B Get a friend to put the HD in his computer to get rid of the os Might be corrupted C Install Windows XP Home Edition with clean HD D Install Windows XP Professional Edition with clean HD E Call Microsoft to see If they can help PS MY first thread Video card graphic problems was finally confirmed that the MB was at fault after spending about hours on Intel s support Thanks to the place I bought ti from had a day exchange with free shipment UPDATE Well on the site I bought the ram on it says - - - at volts so I set it on BIOS and now the monitor is not getting anything I will try it later it it does back to normal and If so take a video on where it gets the BSOD nbsp

A:Blue screen of Death! Stop code (0x0000000A)

More research done....

-"If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is complete, the computer BIOS may be incompatible with Windows." Well on the HCL on Microsoft's site said it WAS compatible so its not that.

-Make sure that you have sufficient hard disk space... 360GB is well enough

-Disable or update device drivers... No OS

-Remove all third-party drivers... No OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-stop-code-0x0000000a.107925/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys am a newbie to the forum and i thought i start with a hum dinger for you the random restart I m well aware you need loads of info to diagnose this issue so i ll post what specs i think you ll need then repost whatever you ask for I ve used sandra to get ll the info so it should be ok i think Proc - AMD Athlon X Dual Core Ghz Mobo - KV Lite Chipset - K T Pro Gfx - Nvidia Geforce gs Mb ddr HDD - gb Maxtor STM AS Sata Sound - Creative soundblaster X-FI Extreme OS - Xp with error updated BSOD Random Restarts, code home SP PSU - SumEvision w Ram x Gb Kingston KVR Updated all drivers This pc was a fresh install yesterday as Norton decided he wasnt going to let Random Restarts, updated with BSOD error code me use net no more so i looked at my desktop n thought quot time for a format quot as ya do fully formatted n reinstalled started to load up world of warcraft and randomly between mins and hr get buzz then a restart initially thought it was WoW but then noticed if i do anything excessive really it forces restart havin a serious head scratch wi this one and would appreciate any valuable input as to wht to try next any logs you need just gimme info how to get em and i ll repost i ve used the site for a while unregistered to analyse probs of friends etc but this one is seriously checkin the stability of my brain Thanks in advance Error code from BSOD - Stop x E xc xf b xb a bac x Mousewd sys - Address F B base at F B Date Stamp B D nbsp

A:Random Restarts, updated with BSOD error code

No replies necessary, used my brain n sorted it myself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts-updated-with-bsod-error-code.108434/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am getting really frustrated with my homemade computer. I get random re-boots. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to what causes them. My event log says this:

Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 bab44050, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 1040080f.

I've swapped out the memory, not the problem. I've swapped out the motherboard, not the problem. This happened when I ran Ubuntu and now again while running Windows XP. Any suggestions as to what I should try to test next?

A:Spontaneous Rebooting - Error code 0000009c

Most common cause is video card, or video graphics drivers... for both Ubuntu and WXP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spontaneous-rebooting-error-code-0000009c.105913/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am losing my mind with this Someone save me I just built this system It runs like a peach with my old XP sp disk I have I only update the LAN driver to get win updates and I ve updated all drivers to current tried every way I update everything up to Sp Then after install SP or and restart goes Stop 0x0000007e code: to xp start screen bar is Stop code: 0x0000007e blue then BSOD I ve ran tests without errors I have latest BIOS updated gpu drivers chipset drivers audio drivers etc x e oxc x xbacc bc xbacc db can get in safe mode only and must restore to get stable again Event viewer shows little-no problems w time removable drive error etc I m losing my gourd Someone please get me through this I want to appreciate Stop code: 0x0000007e my new system Give me some things to try anything My specs Abit IP- Pro mobo Q cpu g-skill cl d- gbpq x GB ddr WD GB sata HDD evga gts mb gpu seasonic w s- psu xp home sata dvd -rw floppy nbsp

A:Stop code: 0x0000007e

Cannot see a fault with your configuration.
Have you attempted a full clean re-install?
Checked the drivers to the point of going back to a previous version?
Removed one memory module to test the other, then reverse so that both modules are tested.
The fact that you can start up in SAFE MODE leads me to suspect your video graphics card as the likely suspect. Do you have access to another video card to test?
You don't mention the cpu and heatsink. Any chance there is a fit error? Bent pin. Too much or too little thermal paste?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-code-0x0000007e.104650/
Relevancy 23.22%

I found the laptop a HP Omnibook XE2 in a trift store, with no power supply. At home i hooked it up, it came on. But the bios are password protected. the dump code is 09091 can someone help with the password. Thanks

A:Decoding HP Laptop Bios code

Contact HP support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/decoding-hp-laptop-bios-code.97852/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

J have got a problem with my Hp omnibook 6000

My hash code is 08958 - could you give me password?

Please help me R E M Z I B I

Many thanks

A:HP omnibook 6000 HASH CODE

Read this:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/cmospwd.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-omnibook-6000-hash-code.91484/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello All,

We just moved across the country, and the computer was in the rental truck for 3500 miles. Evidently, the secondary drive sustained some kind of physical shaking/jarring along the way... The primary drive (running XP) boots and works just fine. The secondary drive (WD Caviar 80GB SE) gets a code 10 (device cannot start)--though it is recognized in the devices list.

Without simply saying something like "it's dead, dude", if anyone can suggest something constructive for repairing the drive, or retrieving the data, I'd be grateful. (I have also tried installing it on another computer, with the same results.)

Thanks!

A:Code 10 on secondary drive after road transport

If you have tried the Hard Drive in another computer and recived the same error Code 10

Then the HardDrive must have failed

But in saying that, Code 10 also means that not all drivers have loaded, and therefore both computers may not have the Hard Drive controllers installed (ie a Sata drive)

Depending on oif you had important information on it, you could try to remove/repair the partition, using Gparted

How does that sound ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-10-on-secondary-drive-after-road-transport.98629/
Relevancy 23.65%

Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed, hr = 88780078

i recent was hacked on worldofwarcraft

so i sent in a email yeah blah.

ok so i decided to go delete some thing in programs that i didnt know about. and i accidently deleted something that screwed up my sound.

This is the problem it is saying

Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed, hr = 88780078

Or Code 10

Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I resently upgraded to dual pny GT graphics card for my sli rig was running geforce s worked fine but newer and better games out now for my problem cannot get sli to work because of one card in card code update graphic dual 12 on device manager code error not enough resourses available Please help system info Dell xps pentium D CPU Ghz Ghz GB of RAM code 12 on dual graphic card update MS xp media center edition version service pack Main Board - Dell model oxh chipset NForce sli intel edition rev A Memory - type - DDR size MBytes Display Adapters - Nvidia Geforce GT PNY Uninstalled old drivers Installed drivers that came with new card Note both cards came with their own cd discs I only loaded one up Same code error uninstalled those drivers and installed new drivers from Nvidia version date same problem Please Help if your able Thank you very much for any time spent on this from ny usa thank you for your time nbsp

A:code 12 on dual graphic card update

Your motherboard is your problem... Newer video cards require better motherboards and power supplies

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-12-on-dual-graphic-card-update.88762/
Relevancy 23.65%
Q: Code 28

hi can ne1 help me ive no sound and got code 28 on comp my comp is packard bell i media 1402 help plz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-28.95045/
Relevancy 22.36%

hi, just got a new cpu

windows XP, quad core Q6600, 4gig ram, nvidia geforce 8600 gt. if you need more info, the full description is in the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/INTEL-QUAD-CORE-Q6600-8600GT-GRAPHICS-4GB-RAM-500GB-%20HDD_W0QQitemZ350008704916QQihZ022QQcategoryZ111445QQtcZphoto<br%20/>QQcmdZViewItem

problem is that when installing the 8600 gt, it just doesnt install

1. insert cd
2. autorun window: install display driver
3. restart, as prompted to complete installation
4. when cpu restarts the hardware is not installed, the cpu still says that the hardware is not connected, code 10 error

i tried the latest nvidia driver, the one released on 19/dec, but that didnt help, same problem occured, as in after the restart the hardware still wasnt installed

Code 10 error

so any ideas???

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=6581

A:Nvidia geforce 8600 gt code 10 error: device cannot start

the spec shows a gigabyte card - have you changed it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8600-gt-code-10-error-device-cannot-start.95014/
Relevancy 23.65%
Q: Code 28

does ne1 no how to repair code 28 plz

A:Code 28

please stop making threads and look at the first one that i responded to

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-28.93766/
Relevancy 23.22%

I'm trying to set up my PSP online but need my WEP Sercruity Code so it can connect to my router! However I'm not sure how to find my WEP Code. I'm using a Speedtouch Wireless Router. If you need any more info please ask

Regards
Ginga Ninja

A:How do I find my WEP Sercruity Code

The WEP keys should be displayed in the wireless setup page of your router.

If they are not, then just give the network a new key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-find-my-wep-sercruity-code.90502/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, My sisters laptop is not working correctly. It is fairly new, she got it about a month ago. It is an Acer laptop, model #: aspire 5570z, with Windows Vista Home Basic. processor: INtel T2060 @ 1.6GHz, ram: 502MB, and is 32-bit OS.
The problem is that the dvd disk drive is not showing up in my computer, this problem happened yesterday randomly. After seeing this i went to device manager and it showed up so i went to the properties of it, and it says:

windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

So I tried this, and nothing happens, it just comes up with a box that says sending solution with a little loading bar, it loads, then it goes away.

A:acer laptop has problem loading dvdrom, (driver error: code 39)

Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-has-problem-loading-dvdrom-driver-error-code-39.74927/
Relevancy 22.79%

Ok I work drivers? Error Barcode USB Scanner, 10, code in a good sized electronics shop we have plus new computers built at the local computer shop with Windows XP Pro everything else is really standard We have the need to use barcode scanners so we ended up getting the cheapest hunk of junk the computer shop had POSX I http www pos-x com product asp prodid and no the POS USB Barcode Scanner, Error code 10, drivers? part is not a joke You can plug in the scanner and Windows will find a driver for Human Interface Device and the scanner will work Sometimes when the computers startup in the mornings the scanner will not work the device manager shows the yellow and says Error Code this device cannot start The scanner comes with a pocket CD that only has a program and manual on it the manual doesnt say anything about drivers there are no drivers on their site etc The program requires you to select a com port to be able to download or upload settings from the scanner or to change settings Any Ideas where to find drivers that would help it start each morning without needing to restart the computer or change ports multiple times to get it to start and be recognized properly nbsp

A:USB Barcode Scanner, Error code 10, drivers?

Good luck with this, I have no idea how to help you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-barcode-scanner-error-code-10-drivers.90455/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi

i forgot my nokia 1100 password

any one knows its soultion

A:Nokia 1100 Securtiy code forgot

you should be able to contact the cell phone company to have them remotely unlock the phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nokia-1100-securtiy-code-forgot.88128/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi My computer has been like this since I installed my graphics card PC, before overheating) error restart POST Can't code (suspected x GTO PCI-E but I have Can't restart PC, error code before POST (suspected overheating) ignored the situation since taking components out one by one and still getting the error beeps Also the computer starts up properly after about - minutes of leaving it anyway The error code is long beep and short beeps and on consulting a website it seems that for an American Megatrends BIOS this means that You ve probably just added memory to the motherboard since this is a conventional or extended memory failure Generally this is caused by a memory chip that is not seated properly Reseat the memory chips Click to expand Yet this cannot be the problem Can't restart PC, error code before POST (suspected overheating) as the memory is seated properly I am sure of that and after minutes the system starts up fine Another website says that long beep and short ones means this Video failureClick to expand With no further description I believe that this might be right and coupled with another website s description of quot extended memory failure quot this could be the GPU s memory failing overeating I suspect As it seems the error is based on time leave the PC for - minutes and it starts up fine this leads me to believe that it is a overheating cooling error with either the GPU memory or something else As the PC is happy Can't restart PC, error code before POST (suspected overheating) to run for hours everyday with no lock-ups or other errors yet cannot restart due to this error I can t see that there is anything significantly wrong with any of the components or they wouldn t work at all right This has stumped me for so long Any ideas anyone Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Can't restart PC, error code before POST (suspected overheating)

I'm wondering if it may be your psu causing the problem.
What make and wattage is it and how many amps on the +12v rail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-restart-pc-error-code-before-post-suspected-overheating.86546/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just bought a new internal Lite-On DVD RW drive and I would like it to play any Region disks. Does anyone know where I can get a code (free).

The model is DH-20A3H

Thanks for any help!
:grinthumb

A:Need a region code unlocker for new DVD please

A little googling around will get you that quite fast. Just to be on the safe side, it would be better not to discuss this subject matter here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-region-code-unlocker-for-new-dvd-please.86676/
Relevancy 23.22%

i've been gettting the blue screen of death very regularly for some reason. i've done windows memory diagnostic to check if it was faulty ram but nothing turned up. can anyone help me with this? plz

A:stop code: 0x0000008E

Brand and model of computer or motherboard, OS, age, other components.
Can be a hardware failure, video graphics failure, video driver, memory, hard drive, an infestation, or the result of tweaking your system... as that code reported is generally a generic report on a memory dump...
It depends on what else is written in the error message, along with that first code. For instance if you change the Hardware Acceleration setting in the Display tool in Control Panel from None to Full, you may receive the following Stop error message in Win32k.sys: STOP: 0x0000008E (c0000005, bf875fc3, f07bcd48, 00000000) followed by KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

So next time it happens, write down everything. Windows posts it all because all of it can be important.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-code-0x0000008e.85236/
Relevancy 22.79%

i have winamp and i was trying to play music and it says: Bad directsound driver. please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. error code: 8878000A. how do i fix that? im seriously dying over here i cant listen to anything PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
sadashivam

A:bad directsound driver error code 8878000A

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look HERE and see if it helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-directsound-driver-error-code-8878000a.85357/
Relevancy 23.22%

im currently working on a computer with a p4i65gv motherboard and i am not getting any display on power up and no trouble code. can someone please help me diagnose this problem?

A:no display upon power up and no trouble code please help

do you get any beeps from the speaker at all?
If not, disconnect all drives, remove the RAM and all cards such as video. Reboot - you should get a string of beeps. Also all the cables to the front panel. Power off.
Replace the RAM and reboot by shorting the front panel power cable connection. Should be more beeps. Power off
Replace the graphics card and reboot, should now be 1 beep. Power off and reconnect the drives one at a time. Reboot after each reconnection - keep replacing things until you find what stops it.
If nothing at the beginning, take the motherboard out of the case and try it on a non-conducting surface - maybe a short to chassis somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-upon-power-up-and-no-trouble-code-please-help.85047/
Relevancy 22.79%

I installed a creative sound blaster xtreme music in my computer, and shows error code 12, i tried already to disable some things but still not working.

this card has been sent from creative lab, with diferent ROM, because was a incompatibility with nvidia chipset on my motherboard a8n-se sli,

what should i do. i have 3 pci slots empty, audio onboard is off, is impossible that i dont have resources for this sound card.

any help is welcome!

A:CREATIVE XTREME MUSIC error CODE 12

Started having the exact same problem as of today. I plugged out my headphones from my X-Fi xtrememusic to connect speakers. Later as i connected my headphones again they didnt work. I restarted and since then been having the CODE 12 error. I have reinstalled the drivers about 3 times and tried different pci slots. this sucks really bad cause onboard sound is crap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-xtreme-music-error-code-12.84669/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I have a new pc OS Windows Vista Ultimate Motherboard ASUS (Code Ethernet 1) P C HardDrive Maxtor GB RAM Gb Video Card RADEON CPU Intel Pentium GHz Well i finished installing the OS and once i log into my user account it finds new hardware which it wants to install upgrade The problem is that one of those hardware it wants to install is the Ethernet connection in the motherboard That s for internet right Well in order to repair that Ethernet connection i need internet no How do i fix it without internet Here are the things it wants to install its in spanish but Ethernet (Code 1) i think its recognizable View attachment Translation close approximation Controller of storing devices Ethernet Controller Multimedia sound controller PCI Device Multimedia sound controller again i dont know why those are my usb stick np with those I m guessing once Ethernet device is working I ll be able to update the rest through Windows Vista right Any ideas how to fix Ethernet without internet Or any ideas on how to fix this PS Remember internet is not working int hat pc due to the Ethernet problem MightyKing nbsp

A:Ethernet (Code 1)

Please someone help me!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-code-1.83034/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello everyone,

I'm not a newbie to computers, but I have a small problem. I don't have a post card. I recently was given an e-machine T2642. I thought it would be a great computer for my youngest daughter. The problem is it won't POST. I'm getting two short beeps on startup and was wondering if anyone knew what the problem could be? Thanks in advance to any solutions given!

Dave

A:POST Code

http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/amiB2-c.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/post-code.81203/
Relevancy 23.22%

My son's girlfriend has a Dell Insp.1501. Her friend spilt milk on keyboard. I can start computer up; press F1 but I have to use flashlight to see LCD. It will go through their test program. It comes up with a 2000-0322: "Error accessing LCD inverter" any clues? The harddrive took a dump. I installed a spare Toshiba drive in it. The windows logo comes up but the screen just fades out from the center outward. Keep in mind that I am using my flash light to see screen.

A:Error code 0322

This proves that milk is a conductor and has effectively gerfunkled here comp.

It is possible a thorough disassembly and cleaning with the proper materials could get it up and about, but unlikely.

That's a $550 US computer - it will depend on how much she wants to pay to fix it IF it is fixable. Shops don't guatantee such things so she could spend a couple hundred for a nice tea tray.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-0322.78753/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an eMachine T1100 that I can't get to boot up. When I push the power button I get an audio code 1 beep 3 beeps 3 beeps and 1 beep. Does anyone know what that indicates? I was told by an eMachine tech that I have a problem in the audio device. Thanks for your inputs.

A:Audio code 1-3-3-1

read the FAQs before posting:

here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic60398.html

and here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62782.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-code-1-3-3-1.79819/
Relevancy 23.22%

OK, please make sure that any responses to this question are extremely dumbed down for the tech clueless...

My computer HP a450N powers on, but the light at the bottom of the tower front is orange (don't even know what color it usually is). No signal to monitor, and no lights to keyboard. I get a beeps-1 short, 6 short. I tried searching for what this means, but I cannot find it. Please help!!!

A:No signal to monitor, beep code?

Solved my problem!

Hey, I solved my own problem-bad keyboard (the 3rd one the kids went thru this year..grrr...)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-to-monitor-beep-code.78164/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi

I have an Acer laptop with Windows XP Media center edition 2005 installed.
I updated my media player to version 11 and now I can get no sound at all.
I have gone into Device Manager and that is where I am gettin the above
error message
I am not a computer expert so any help will have to be ***** proof. After this
I promise not to udate ever again

Many thanks

A:No Audio Device code error 28

Lol...dont you just love computers!!

Could you download the following progam and run it.....as it opens the 1st page that opens will be called "system summary"...on there will be the details for your "mainboard/chipset"...could you post those details back please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-code-error-28.77823/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey all

I recently bought a Leadtek DTV1000 TV Card, but had problems with the digital reception in my area. This card worked fine with my mother board. I traded it in for the DTV2000 for its analogue tuning.

I put the new card but i cant use the twin output on the Radeon 9600 any more. It says Code 12 - The device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.

I have removed my soundcard and my other PCI DSP Audio card to leave just the vid card and the TV Card in there to see if it would free up, but the error remains.

Any 1 got any suggestions???

PC Specs are.

p4 3gig
abit ic7 motherboard
1 gig ram
radeon 9600
M-audio delta 1010 Soundcard
Tc electronic Powercore PCI DSP Card

A:Radeon 9600 - Not enough free resources (code 12)???

From this thread:

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=38414#M38414

"Great news for me and I hope (and it should) work for you. What you need to do is go into the BIOS and under Advance Chipset Features you'll see AGP Aperture size. Mine was set at 128MB which is probably the default setting. Set it 256MB and all should be well again."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9600-not-enough-free-resources-code-12.77593/
Relevancy 22.36%

Greetings to all,

I'm operating Windows XP and installed Audigy Sound Blaster and driver from Audigy online, but still no sound. I went to Control Panel > Add Hardware. The panel says that my Multimedia Audio Controller is not operating because the driver is not installed-Code 28. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Audio Controller is not operating because the driver is not installed-Code 28.

Try reinstalling the chipset driver off your motherboard cd and then reboot...then reinstall the audio driver and reboot...that should solve your problem

If you dont know these details, use the following program to post back your mobo and chipset details..

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-controller-is-not-operating-because-the-driver-is-not-installed-code-28.75873/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone ^-^,
I'm having a very difficult time finding the solution to my computer's problem. Whenever my computer plays a 3D game after a while, it locks up then my screen resolution changes and I can't fix it unless I reboot and also it says that Display adapter is not working normally error in the file ialmrnt5.dll. The laptop can't even play a 2D game for long before it locks also. I went ahead and tested the Direct 3D after a reboot and it failed at step 31 saying "HRESULT=0x88760827". I tried to update the driver and all but it said that I had the latest driver already -_-. And also sometimes my laptop says something about memory cannot be read (weird).

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 SP2
Intel(R) Celeron(R) processor 1.40 GHz
504MB of RAM
Display Adapter: Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller

Please help x_x

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-0x88760827-affecting-display-adapter.73667/
Relevancy 23.22%

hey all, i got a second hand NETGEAR WG311v2 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter.
i installed the latest version off the netgear site and it detects the card in Device manager but it has an exclamation mark on the little icon and this error code. This device cannot start. (Code 10)

anyideas ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-device-cannot-start-code-10.73586/
Relevancy 22.79%

For the last 2-3 months, I've been using my newly build computer without a hitch. Yesterday, went to fire it up and nothing a split second of juice then nothing. Opened up the case and read the error code on the motherboard AW9D-Max.

The error code 8.2. means "Enable ATX Power Supply". Unfortunately, this discription is terribly vauge....did my power supply crap out on me? Can you have a bad power supply and still have some juice running to it?

I'm starting to think that the answer can only be found by someone else who had to deal with this...getting nowhere fast with Abit.

Power Supply: Antec Neo HE550

A:Post Code 8.2. (abit award bios)

2 posts on this problem mmarshall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/post-code-8-2-abit-award-bios.72682/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just purchased an Abit AB9 mobo and Intel Core 2 duo cpu. When I go to power on I get post code 8.2 which according to the manual means "Enable ATX power supply".

The ATX 24 pin connector is securely fastened, and the lights come on on the motherboard when I plug it in and turn the PSU on. I have a brand new AeroCool 600w psu.

I dont understand how it would even be possible to see the lights turn on if the ATX power supply wasn't enabled.

Is there anything else that needs to be plugged in? I have connected the 20+4pin toggle and the 8pin ATX12v as well as the ATX4P1 and the cpufan.

why is it not powering on?

Abit's support forums are down. That certainly isn't helpful...

A:abit AB9 post code 8.2

Anyone know why abit's forums are STILL down? =/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/abit-ab9-post-code-8-2.70547/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, i have recently installed vista on my computer, since then my sound card (Creative Soundblaster Live! 24bit) has stopped working properly "code 12". Yet it worked on xp. Here is code 12:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

Currently i have tried the following to fix:
Turned off onboard sound. Check.
reinstalled, uninstalled upgraded etc.. for drivers. Check.
Reset my bios, then did all the things above again. Check.

Now im stuck. The drivers are working fine but i cant find out how to get more resources, microsoft hasn't been helpful so far. Please, if you have any suggestions post them here. I have been searching google for 2 days now and have got nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Please help.

A:Code 12 Sound error! Urgent :(

iam not sure I ran by this error before XD. try removing any unnecessary devices u have in ur PC, even external devices, even if u have onboard VGA remove the offboard one then try it, please tell us what will happen, really odd problem.:haha:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-12-sound-error-urgent.71595/
Relevancy 23.22%

I'm running Win XP SP2, AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz, ASrock Motherboard, 1 gig DDR SDRAM , and a radeon 9700 pro graphics card.

I'm getting a Blue screen crash seemingly at random, and it gives the error code listed in my subject line, 0x0000009c.

I run WoW fairly often, but it doesn't seem to crash noticably more often while I'm playing a graphics-heavy game. After reading about someone else's similar problems on this forum, I downloaded Everest and did a system report, and got the following values for the power supply:

CPU Core 1.44 V
Aux 1.47 V
+3.3 V 3.36 V
+5 V 5.24 V
+12 V 12.65 V
-12 V 2.20 V
-5 V 2.75 V
+5 V Standby 5.04 V
VBAT Battery 0.02 V
Debug Info F FF 31 FF
Debug Info T 24 26 24
Debug Info V 59 5C D2 C2 D0 D0 D0 (01)

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:0x0000009c error code, I need help!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

This is the meaning of the 9C bugcheck.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

As you can see it means you have some kind of hardware failure. You will need to diagnose exactly which hardware is at fault.

Start by testing you ram and work from there. It`s also a good idea to disconnect anything not required to run your system and see if you still get the crashes. If you do, then the problem lies in what`s left in your system. check your system temperatures. If you are overclocking, reset to the defaults.

See this thread HERE for instructions on testing your ram.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/0x0000009c-error-code-i-need-help.70969/
Relevancy 23.65%
Q: Code 10

Please advise on what to do when you get a code 10. I need help as I am not well versed when it comes to the technical side of computers. Please help me. Thank you for your time.

Relevancy 23.22%

I'm trying to figure out this darn beep code for this motherboards bios, but I can't seem to figure out the type of bios, if anyone has a way to figure this out, I'd appreciate it, It's a ABIT-KG7 RAID board, and the bios is giving me a single, long, non-stop repetative beep, like this

beeeeeeeeeeeeeep.....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.....beeeeeeeeeeeeeep (endless repeating)

Thanks, I'd appreciate it, it's my girl's father's pc, LOL

I'd appreciate it, please, LOL, help me, help me, I'm assuming it needs new ram, but just trying to not make assumptions I'm not sure about.

A:Need help w/ beep code for ABIT-KG7 raid

RAM errors? Overheating errors? BIOS need to be reset?
I suggest you edit your post to a proper one, since your post do not contain useful info. making a good thread will be better for everyone.

Tell us the complete system specs, when this has happen, what have you do recently before and then we can help you.

Welcome to techspot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-w-beep-code-for-abit-kg7-raid.66935/
Relevancy 23.22%

i have a toshiba that won't boot. just a blinking amber led. the light blinks short-long-short-short-short-long-short-long. don't kno what it means or how to translate that into hexadecimal. thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-someone-decifer-toshiba-sat-error-code-pls.66040/
Relevancy 23.65%

I just bought a Biostar CRU -M motherboard which came with an Athlon CPU I also bought a Gig memory stick PC since the board can support it However after I had connected everything and started up the PC nothing appeared on the screen I inserted a POST diagnostic card and error code appeared Award BIOS installed I understand that it means some thing like expand Xgroup codes and it has something to do with memory So I tried a MB PC memory module and the PC booted up easily Then I tried using the Gig PC memory module with some other boards that I had lying around Code 01 Errord and it worked perfectly with every single one of them But it just doesn t seem to get anywhere with the Biostar board although the manual states that the board supports DDR and memory Can someone please help I really don t know what else to do to get this thing working nbsp

A:Errord Code 01

Some motherboards are just picky about the brand of RAM they will take.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errord-code-01.65062/