Windows Support Forum

Windows Installer/Picture Manager...issues

Q: Windows Installer/Picture Manager...issues

Whenever I try to open pics, clipart, etc. the Windows Installer pops up and says, "preparing to install" and nothing happens.

It will not go away when I click cancel and if it does disappear it promptly starts again.

I have to go to Task Manager and End Task to get rid of it.

This started to happen about the same time I installed Office 2007.

I have been to Microsoft, unistalled and reinstalled Office and nothing has worked yet. It is connected to error 1635 but the fix information I've tried references an HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE line that does not match anything in my reg when I go to edit.

Help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-picture-manager-issues-310306.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Installer/Picture Manager...issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all,

I am been trying to fix an issue on my girlfriend's computer. Ever since I removed a malware infection she had, the computer was doing the following: taskbar turns grey and internet stops working. Thinking this was still a malware issue, I posted in that section of the website (see link below). I have since been cleared of malware, but we have determined that the issue is related to the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager and WLAN AutoConfig, both of which are set to start to automatically start when booting, but seem to be crashing. My taskbar goes back to normal and the internet works once I manually start these services.

Removed Win 7 AntiSpyware - other issues after rebooting

Lenovo IdeaPad Y460 (0633)
windows 7 home premium

Thanks,
Anthony

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-windows-manager-session-manager-and-wlan-autoconfig-services-issues-619341.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I recently got a GB Seagate external USB hard drive I ve been & with 4.5 Trouble Installer Windows Seagate Manager experiencing Blue Screens for a while now after the drive was added and I am currently troubleshooting in the BSOD forum here on Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager techspot One avenue we tried was to uninstall the Seagate Manager software because it seemed it could be linked to my problem I am not able to boot normally as soon as my desktop appears I get a BSOD with quot page fault in non paged area quot I have been going into safe mode for my troubleshooting I used the Seagate chat today because I was not able to uninstall the Seagate software on my computer apparently it s because it can t be done in safe mode from what I was told by the chat tech I was instructed to download Windows Installer Since I have done that I am getting a different error message Error Windows installer service could not be accessed etc from the add remove programs because I don t think that the installed correctly in safe mode Does anyone know how I can get my windows installer back to normal or updated to while in safe mode since I can t boot normally right now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

You could try using System Restore to bring your PC back to a point before you installed Windows Installer 4.5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-windows-installer-4-5-seagate-manager.134370/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey All,

I have Windows 8 on my laptop pc with Office 2010. How do I open up MS Picture Manager without having to install any additional software? I did it before, I cannot remember how to do it and need the steps. I know picture manager is gone from Office 2013 and above, but how do I get in in Office 2010?

Is there a way to open Picture Manager from the Ribbon?

Jack

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-open-ms-picture-manager-in-office-2010-on-windows-8.1157367/
Relevancy 58.05%

As requested a few extra things to add i cannot install uninstall a program because Windows Installer just freezes cannot use task manager to kill a process cannot boot in safe mode only comes up with black screen Windows explorer also comes up as quot Not Responding quot but operates ok if i disable all add ons currently all start up programs have been disabled but problem still persists Also the attach txt did not come up when i ran the dds scr DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Yahya at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Off" responding Task Manager hangs, "Logging Windows Windows and Vista not Installer Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system srvany exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C pvsw bin w dbsmgr exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung EBM EasyBatteryMgr exe C Program Files SAMSUNG EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Magic Doctor MagicDoctorKbdHk exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system WerCon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system RacAgent exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system msiexec exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows Explorer exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Yahya Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www facebook com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uInternet Settings ProxyServer uSearchURL Default hxxp search aol co uk web isinit true amp query s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO FGCatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program files flashget jccatch dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E ... Read more

A:Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222923/windows-vista-logging-off-hangs-windows-installer-and-task-manager-not-responding/
Relevancy 58.05%

Im using Vista and everytime I try to Shut Down it hangs on the Logoff screen...

.... Pressing ctrl+alt+del no longer brings up Task Manager despite the icon being displayed in the icon tray so i cant close any programs

--- windows explorer doesnt work properly .. not responding ....

.... If i try to install a program, windows installer doesnt do it, if i cancel it just says cancelling and hangs....

.... anyone as to any ideas how to resolve ...

thanks - yahya

A:Logoff / Task Manager / Windows Installer all hanging

How long has this issue beein going on?What programs do you have running at startup? Have you tried disabling with a startup manager, then re-enabling one at a time?Have you tried using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in Safe Mode to return to a previous state before your problems began?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222634/logoff-task-manager-windows-installer-all-hanging/
Relevancy 58.05%

Within the last three days my computer running Windows XP has started trying to install Roxio Media Manager. It keeps running over and over again and will not stop.

I have purchased Error Expert to try and stop it but it has not worked. Wondering a couple fo tings. If I totally uninstall Roxio Media Manager will that help? Not sure this would be a good thing but this is driving me crazy.

How do I stop windows installer from trying to install this progam?

A:Windows Installer keeps trying to install Roxio Media Manager

TSF,
Suggest you follow the link in my signature to especially download, update definitions and run Malwarbytes free. There are other cleaning tools in the link Learning each day that should also be of assistance to you.

Let us know if there is improvement,

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-trying-to-install-roxio-media-manager-483679.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I use Sony Vaio.. the problem is that a Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up and it suddenly exit without me even knowing what it is doing or installing.

A:Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up

Hello zolboo and a warm welcome to the Forum
I found this on the Sony website. If you follow the instructions it should solve your problem

Quote:
This is the Vaio Personalisation Manager which keeps track of your favorite music, programs etc. As far as I can work out it is designed to make personalised recommendations of music or other things you may be interested in when using Vaio Media Gallery. Rather like Amazon's Personal Recommendations.
If you don't want this service then just disable it. Go to VAIO Analysis Manager and you will find an option something like ' Preference Learning' - just uncheck it and reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251459-vaio-analysis-manager-windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 55.9%

with several programs, I am having a problem installing. I repeatedly have errors with "another installation already in progress". I know the fix for that by changing it to disabled, restarting, and changing it to manual. But it keeps happening. On the various stuff I try to install, I get errors even AFTER doing that fix. Like ""there was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation." That's the one I'm getting now. I can't find anything on google that could help me out.
Any ideas?

A:Windows Installer issues?"

Okay. It's definitely "There was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation." And I keep getting it while windows installer is doing the "updating component registration" part of installation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440134/windows-installer-issues/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am having trouble with windows installer when trying to install or uninstall I am unable to do so Windows Issues Installer for example I was trying to install avg and I got this error Local Windows Installer Issues machine installation failed Installation Error Action failed for file avgemc exe starting service Error x c Warning Service AvgMfx can t be started in safe mode Warning Service AvgLdx can t be started in safe mode Warning Service AvgTdiX can t be started in safe mode Warning Service avg wd can t be started in safe mode another error message when trying to uninstall was quot The Windows Installer service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot I am not in safe mode so I don t know what is going on It may or may not be unrelated but my laptop s sound is no longer working either

A:Windows Installer Issues

You can try this free utility to re-register the Windows Installer:http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix#Standard_version

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155344/windows-installer-issues/
Relevancy 55.9%

A few months ago my computer crashed I had a techie fix it and he was able to save most everything Now that I ve had the computer back awhile I ve noticed some issues I ve posted before about the Windows Installer Issues issue with my Microsoft Office XP Home Edition icons being messed up and when I try to reinstall the program I run into a Windows Installer error that tells me I need to insert the disc to run that particular program it needs to install That didn t work I have reinstalled Windows XP thinking that Windows Installer Issues would help but it has not Today I upgraded to Norton Antivirus and I am unable to install because of the same Windows Installer issue The error window asks me to install the Norton Antivirus disc but I was installing from the download There is no disc to insert and nothing I try has been working It is evident that my problem stems from a missing corrupt Windows installer Any help would be appreciated Thanks so much -Sue nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Ok, well i've tried and tried again to install the windows installer 3.1 update for months now since it came out, I downloaded the redistrbutable release the have also, and both installations fail EVERY time, i'm really stumped on this one, and latley, when I un-zip, delete, or move files using the built in windows programs, my computer freezes up... This is getting very frustrating and it seems the longer I have this problem, my computer seems to be degenerating in some way...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-3-1-issues.396419/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been trying to install multiple programs over the last few days and I am finally fed up with the errors that I have been getting. I tried downloading the newest version of the installer, but that didn't do anything.

I get a couple errors.

Error 1721 and this:

This Installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package.

One of the programs is ITunes, straight from the Apple website.

Relevancy 55.9%

I cant get my computer to stop trying to install a program that's already installed. Help, it's making my PC crawl and even caused the blue screen error!

A:windows Installer issues

Exact error message?

What program?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260283/windows-installer-issues/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all I recently tried to reinstall Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars Windows Installer Issues on my machine but received an error message saying quot The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot I've tried a few different solutions including reregistering and reinstalling the Installer but I'm still receiving this error message Perhaps the most annoying thing is that like I said this is a reinstallation so it did work at one point I seriously regret uninstalling it now I'm running XP SP if it helps I'm Windows Installer Issues also about ten failed attempts away from throwing the DVD into the garbage can Any ideas would be most welcome EDIT I was able to install a couple of other games that don't seem to use msi files which is what makes me think the problem is with the Windows Installer These games are Impossible Creatures Battle for Middle Earth and The Sims Pets Again I'm not sure but these games seemed to have their own installer files so the problem is probably with the Windows Installer

Hello halfwaycompeten,

Try using the MS Cleanup Utility to remove the installer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Then try installing the latest Windows Installer version.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-issues-313938.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to install a wireless USB adapter to one of my computers running XP but everytime I encounter the following error message:

"Error 1719. Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to verify that it is properly registered and enabled."

This particular installer is using installshield wizard 12 and I have noticed that recently a LOT of my installers have been having similar error messages.

To counter this, I have looked into various Microsoft Support pages, and one of them asked me to locate the folder C:\Windows\Installer. I have hidden files and folders set to visible, yet I cannot seem to find this folder. I'm not sure if this may be the cause of the problem, but I thought it was something I should mention.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Suggest you go to Microsoft and download the latest version of installer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-issues-366183.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Good evening to everyone, I recently have a problem with a certain program called MP3Gain (http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/) I've been using this for quite some times with no problems until recently, when I tried to open up the prog, it initiated a dialogue box..

"Windows Installer"
Preparing to install

I waited for about 10 minutes, before MP3Gain itself shows up, sometimes it doesn't at all, anyone knows what is gong on? The only thing I remember doing last time was uninstalling Microsoft Office 2003, since I no longer uses that program. I'm not sure if they're related? I'm currently on Win XP, SP 2

Any ideas, replies, help is very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to install an HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer. About 3/4 of the way through the installation I am getting an error that says, "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be experiencing this because the computer is in safe mode, or the Windows Installer is not installed properly,

I have installed Windows Installer 3.1, and I still get the same error. I spent 3 hours on the phone with HP to make sure the issue wasn't on their side. They assured me that it wasn't. So, Please help me if you can.

Here is heading that is in the error box when I get it:

F:Setup\hpzmsi01.exe -m selfinstallingportmonitor ENU C:Windows\hypoins07.dat -Validate NO -w720940

f: = my cd drive

Thank You
------
Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Sony Vaio PCG-GRX570

A:Windows Installer Issues...

Have you tried installing the software from a downloaded driver instead of from the CD? You may have defective media, and there are probably updates to the driver and software anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-issues-74602.html
Relevancy 55.9%

It started when I noticed my automatic updates were failing. Around the same time, I upgraded Adobe Reader. Now I cannot uninstall Adobe, and when I try to upgrade it says the installation source is not available. I have the original CD for Office 2003.

My OS is XP. any suggestions where to start? I'm running in circles.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343016/windows-installer-issues/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone Not sure if this post is appropriate in the Software section but my problems persisted after installing a trial version of Kaspersky Internet Security I decided I did not want to continue with the Windows Installer Issues product and uninstalled it via control panel uninstall programs After rebooting the system from the uninstall windows installer Windows Installer Issues pops up while other programs are loading and it starts to install Kaspersky again I have tried using the Kaspersky removal tool deleting anything quot Kaspersky quot in the registry and nothing will stop this problem At the same time I am now having crash problems with Outlook Beta It will not download my emails and if I try to do anything within the program it goes into the quot not repsonding quot state Not sure what to do at this point I have been running a clean install of Win for about months now and love it but something has gone horribly wrong that I can't seem to fix Anyone have and ideas on what to do here Thanks in advance for any advice or help Bill

Hi Bill,

Not sure if you've found a solution yet, but I thought I'd chime in since nobody has responded. Usually it's a bad sign when editing the registry makes your problem worse, so at this point I'd recommend backing up everything and performing another clean install. Let me know how it goes if you choose to do so.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/56486-windows-installer-issues.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all my first post- so please go easy on me if I muss it all up Previously searching this and other sites has proved useful but to no avail in this particular case While questions like mine Solved: Issues Windows Installer have been posed I believe I made a good attempt to find the all important search button first I recently became aware that Windows default msi package installer Windows Installer is well broken i attempted to download the newest version directly from Microsoft and tried to install it After accepting the prompts and user agreement Windows inspects the current profile Shortly after a setup error quot Access is denied quot displays I then made sure I was logged on as admin followed by yet another reading quot program numeral Solved: Windows Installer Issues here installation did not complete Click OK to undo changes that have been made quot this will display a short uninstall sequence followed by yet another error quot Installation did not complete Windows installer has been partially updated and may not work properly quot Pressing ok the only option available forces hard restart and no other errors are displayed afterward Now on to the steps I have taken to try to solve the issue Register unregister msiexec in Command Prompt which displays unknown path error leading me to believe that Windows is for some reason either unable to find the package in the Windows folder or it is simply not installed Download latest hotfixes and available Windows updates Download the small tool found all over google quot Windows Installer Cleanup utility quot Which cannot clean a program which both it and I are currently unable to locate Attempted to enter safe mode and remove remaining windows installer and registry keys then attempted to run windows installer setup again with duplicate results My question is How can I remove all traces of Windows installer then cleanly reinstall the program to achieve the abilty to run installer packages packed in msi format If after I attempt to remove the program from the GUI I stay logged on for a few moments an error pops that reads a very generic message about Windows needing to restart to complete changes from another installation of some kind- a restart does not stop this error and I am unaware of any programs that may be trying to complete installation This entire problem spawns from the fact that I need to download the newest drivers for my webcam and after downloading I am hit with the quot A problem occurred while attempting to install Windows Installer quot logitech packs exe s in msi format therefore I need Windows Installer to install the stupid drivers which I also failed to achieve in safe mode Any help is greatly appreciated thanks everyone and keep up the great work Attempted to uninstall Windows installer via Windows remove programs GUI unsuccesfull- but the name IS listed there nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Alright I went to update to version 9.2 of itunes so i can update my phone to is04. While updating i recieved an error message saying that windows installer was busy or i was in safe mode. I was not in safe mode. Needless to safe after attempting to uninstall itunes it no longer works at all. I have tried the windows installer cleanup service and everytime i try to use it it says it has to install on first use and hangs then dissapears. I have tried everything from microsofts help sites as well as apples and i cannot install or uninstall the stupid thing. Funny thing is that the uninstaller works with everything else.
I have an HP Model HPE-170t running windows 7 home premium and i am about to loose my mind because i dont want to reinstall windows as i will be reinstalling software for days!! Please any suggestions?

A:Itunes issues with windows installer

I have already done a fresh install of Vista 64. All went well and all updates are installed. On every attempt to install Itunes 9.2 I get the installer message. I am thinking there is a problem on Apples end. I am open to suggestions....it can't possibly be my computer as my install is fresh and updated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-issues-with-windows-installer.930677/
Relevancy 55.47%

I didn't know what I was doing and I ran combo fix .. when the program finshed running it rebooted my pc and left a log file .. Afterwords roxio media manger starte to load and thee installer is stuck in a loop . I cannot add or remove programs from safe mode or otherwise ... I tried restoring my computer using a older restore point the problem is not corrected .. And I cannot DL a new installer package .. Where do I go from here please

A:Combo Fix and windows installer issues

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336338/combo-fix-and-windows-installer-issues/
Relevancy 55.47%

I can't back up my data. I don't have anywhere to store 450g+.
I'm on Win7. (An RTM version)
MS doesn't offer a Windows Installer 5.0 Installer/Repair utility.
Trying to use an older distribution (4.5, anyway) tells me I'm using an incorrect OS.

Deleting the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions stuff, and turning off the Customer Experience Improvement Program Client thing didn't work either.

I can't install or uninstall anything using Windows Installer, obviously.
I need a solution.
The easiest thing I can think of is if someone can give me an archive of the Windows Installer files and registry keys (And a .txt of everything's location) for Win7, and I can replace all the ones that I have. Though, I don't know if all of the keys and files are known,

A:Win7 Windows Installer issues

Can you either, you can try safe mode if necessary, from an administrator account type cmd in search and then in cmd type sfc /scannow. You may have to try it several times. A report should be generated explaining the problem. It will fix one problem at a time, so several passes may be needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/52337-win7-windows-installer-issues.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My .net Framework is erroring out when I try to open Sony Vegas. I upgraded to 3.0 but that did nothing. I went back to 2.0 and am still getting errors.

Also, whenever I try to install a various list of programs, I get this error:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package."

I researched the error and ran the fix that was provided on the MS website, but it did nothing.

It happens with iTunes as well as some other programs. I have tried redownloading it, doesn't work.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I am new here and i am really hoping that you guys can help I have been really pleased with my vaio and vista I have windows Help, TrayApp issues, installer ???? it connected to a HP all in one although I don t like HP it Help, windows installer issues, TrayApp ???? s the only machine that suits my needs One day the HP software and all in one stopped working no idea why I have tried to uninstall all the HP stuff from the vaio but it will not remove i have tried using a pccleaner under the advice from the hp tech guys but still no joy so restored the pc to a few days before the problem started at least that got the all in one working but it still has no communication with the vaio in terms of software i e it still tells m ink nees replacing when i have already replaced it etc etc when i try to open the hp software there is nothing there ther is template but no writing I have been waiting for a cd from hp to remove everything and start again but it never seems to arrive the all in one is the only hp product I have Here is the annoying bit since this problem happened I get this message on my vaio eveytime i turn the machine on or just sometimes randomly during the day it is from windows installer and it says that it can not find the file C users Nicole AppData Local Temp zSBFA tmp Setup TrayAp TrayApp cab It asks me to verify the file exists but I can t find it I have also recently downloaded the pctool registry cleaner it found over faults which seems alot but i paid the subscrition in the hope that it would fix the fault but no it didn t I don t know if these problems are connected but i am sure you can tell me Please help as these machines run my business and it is getting frustrating Many thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-installer-issues-trayapp.631257/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I am running XP Pro and each time I restart my computer, Windows installer kicks in and tries to load certain MS Programs and then asks for the CD. I believe that I have viruses.

Thanks in advance,

Please help?

Relevancy 55.47%

I've the same problem from this:http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/technical-...ode-issues.htmlSo, anyone encounter stuff like these?[image, for example]It was working fine few months/weeks back.And it suddenly becomes like that...and it causes the installations to fail since ...it can't write symbols to files/folders name, lolI'm not sure what I changed, or something to the windows installer/installshield, lol.Also, if you asked either I've changed my locale, then yes.Checklist:- Reset back to english - done- Restart- Removes every east asian language support pack - done- Restart- Reinstall the pack again - done- Restart- Set the locale back - done- Restart- Same thingEven removed/reinstalled:-- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information - changed/renamed/removed - done- Windows Installer 3.1 - reinstall - done.No idea what happened, I'm suspecting either one of these are the culprit:- Windows Installer- InstallShield.Any suggestions?Any helps? Thanks!

A:InstallShield/Windows Installer Issues

If you downloaded this from a torrent, I would suspect a corrupt/incorrect download

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177802/installshieldwindows-installer-issues/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently bought a GB SATA HDD to which I migrated Installer help - appreciated greatly issues Windows all of my data from my previous IDE drive It's a PC I built myself a few years ago with an ASUS K V SE Deluxe motherboard Everything looked okay after the move so I reconnected my IDE drive and formatted it I'm still going to use it as storage space Shortly afterwards I attempted to sort out my printer which had mysteriously stopped working a few weeks ago I had symptoms described in this MS support article http support microsoft com kb That seemed to go okay but I never got round to re-installing the printer because at this point I noticed that a few funny things had started happening To start with in my start menu some program icons had been replaced by the generic Windows Windows Installer issues - help greatly appreciated exe icon - but this didn't seem to affect their performance each opened okay Then I realised Windows Installer issues - help greatly appreciated that every time I launched a Windows program or utility whether it be Office Windows Explorer IE Control Panel each time a Windows Installer window popped up saying 'Preparing to install ' would hang for - seconds then the program or utility I chose would open And I still haven't solved this - I tried using the Windows Installer Clean-up Utility http support microsoft com kb but as it says on there it's not much use for Office so I tried uninstalling Office - it failed so I followed this article http support microsoft com kb to clean the registry of Office entries etc all of which seems to have worked but I haven't installed Office again because I'm still getting the hanging Installer message every time I open a MS application I'm running out of ideas - any thoughts Has something gone wrong when I either migrated my HDD or tried to get the Spooler printer thing going again I'm running XP SP The 'Installer' windows don't say what program they're linked to - hence the Clean-up Utility wasn't of tremendous use to me I just assumed it was Office but it doesn't seem like it was I've searched high and low for people with the same problem but most seem to know what the Installer is trying to install - am I missing something really obvious It only happens when I open MS apps as I said things like Firefox iTunes open without a hitch Thank you in advance for any help

A:Windows Installer issues - help greatly appreciated

What software did you use to "migrate" the data from your old HDD?
A Repair Install might be your best alternative.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-issues-help-greatly-appreciated-370659.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i have recenly needed to uinstal my net framework to use an anti cheat for a game i play i have used the net framework uninstaller tool however now i cant install 3.5 and also i cant install any other programs i can download them but i cant install them i just keep getting errors plz help also i have scanned for malware and im clean so plz help

A:netframe work issues and windows installer

Let give this a try. Remove what ever a anti cheat program from your computer. Then go to a Restore point before you removed your net framework. The last net framework I believe is 4.0.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357384/netframe-work-issues-and-windows-installer/
Relevancy 55.04%

To start off none of this happened before my last windows update Would like to add that I was looking thru program files with protected opering files displayed and I went thru Installshield installation and it seemed to have less files than it should of particularly in regards to adobe and apple I never ever touched that one and would it be possible that a virus got its claws issues Windows installer problems/Icon in there and when i did a scan it found a virus or two is it possible that it deleted that files along with the virus For some reason I there are some programs I can't remove and trying to reinstall them doesn't do it The two in particular are adobe and apples Now I went thru and deleted as many of the quot physical quot folders for these in program files and program data and eventually some of them got Windows installer problems/Icon issues deleted from my list of program in programs and features but there are some that I still cant get rid of For instance when I try and reinstall adobe reader it tells me that the program is already installed when as far as I can see it's not But it still shows version in my installer window Also I the window with the message The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable After I close that it pops up with the window with a red x that says The installation source for this product is not available Verify that the source exists and that you can access it The problem is it does and I tryed to get rid of it but no matter what i did I couldn't get rid of it And the culprits are Adobe Reader Apple Application Support Apple Software Update Quicktime All white icons I got rid of as many of the directories as I could The funny thing is is that before my last windows up date this never happened Never And one more thing when I try to look up repair or fix windows installer it never brings up anything usefull It always brings up how to uninstall microsoft office since the registry fixer upper thingy that microsoft offered is kaput But of course this has nothing to do with microsoft office Oh well on second thought my icons got all messed up after the last update too I've done about all ten methods I could find They went from non functional to functional but not displaying correctly So basically I've done every thing about different things to get my icons back to normal and I deleted all the junk files to clear up my computer Any ideas

A:Windows installer problems/Icon issues

Good morning!

Your post slightly confused me. It seemed to lead off on a few tangents. I know about a something which may be what you are after. Please read the below, and answer this question: Do you think it applies, or do you think that your problem is different, and would like us to help with that? If uncertain, we shall do some digging for you!

It was documented as a bug, but only because we were not sure whether it was a bug, an update, a program, or a virus. If it does apply to you, then maybe you would have your name stuck next to possible update issue

Hello all!

I find Windows Vista to be very stable, but can I please alert you all to a rare Vista bug that I commonly see mis-diagnosed on this or any forum. This bug crops up in a post about once a month on this forum. I believe that everyone here should be able to recognise it, and be able to offer advice. Unfortunately, the only resilient solution is a Clean Install, although most users who experience the symptoms will accept this verdict.

Here are the symptoms that a user will detect:

No shortcut icons showNo shortcuts work (The item '{name}' has been changed or moved. Do you want to delete this shortcut? )Almost no application run. The issue will be Windows Installer configuring the product, and then asking for the location of the .exe or .tmp. Neither of the locations found are correct. In fact, the file no longer exists on the computer, although read on for the causeHowever, if one re-installs a program, the shortcut for that program works correctly forever, and the program opens normally.All of this occurs overnight. Switch on in the morning, and all is not well! Not well at all!
Please be very aware of this! It sticks out like a sore thumb! Please try and remember this post whenever this issue next appears!

The Cause:

The root cause is not known, but the cause of the symptoms are. The issue is that the %WinDir%\Installer\ folder has been emptied. Completely emptied!

This folder stores shortcut icons, .exe and .dll icon holders, and shortcut information. This is why shortcuts no longer work.

This folder also stores all installers for all applications. This explains why any program has a Windows Installer configuration bar, and then asks for the location - the location no longer exists. The files and folders in this folder have been completely deleted. They are not in the Recycle Bin, and recovery of them is impossible.

If you re-install a program, it puts stuff into the %WinDir%\Installer folder - repopulating it. This is why all reinstalled programs work. Can I make it crystal clear! This folder empties once. It does not keep emptying. Anything put into this folder after the incident remains.

As I said above, the root cause of this emptying is un-known.

How to confirm this problem:

Get the user to check their %WinDir%\Installer folder (usually C:\Windows\Installer) and see what is inside. Please remember that this folder:

Is a System Folder, and Hidden, so you will need a speech similar to the following: Please use OPTION TWO, steps 1, 2, 4 and 6 of this tutorial:Hidden Files and Folders

Will re-generate a few things, and the user will probably have re-installed something, so don't expect no items, expect few items. Have few is few? On a normal system, re-installed about 1-2 months ago, you will probably get a total of about 250 files and folders in this folder. A little more or a little less means nothing, but less than 100 probably means trouble, but is just about possible. Use common sense. 10-50 is pretty certainly trouble.
The Fix:

Unfortunately, there is no specific fix. Programs can be re-installed, all shortcuts deleted (and remember that this includes All Programs) and eventually the system will be back to nearly normal. I will not recommend this. I would strongly suggest that a Clean Install is a better cause of action. Unfortunately, Clean install is required, R... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/284742-windows-installer-problems-icon-issues.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a computer that will not boot up except for in safe mode, probably due to a virus. When I attempt to install the latest Ad-Aware, I get the following message:

"Windows Installer: The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

I am currently logged in as administrator so I'm confused. Any and all suggestions much appreciated!

A:Safe Mode & Windows Installer Issues

This should help. http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/680448-can-t-install-msi-installers.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-windows-installer-issues.686124/
Relevancy 55.04%

I finally got a nasty virus cleaned up and I am slowly getting my box back in order I am now having issues with the windows installer function I am unable to install ANY rd party software due to this I have read until my eyes have bled and nothing is working for me I think if I fail here I am just going to save all my junk and do a fresh XP install issues infection Windows nasty installer after Here is Windows installer issues after nasty infection the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Common DataServer exe C Program Files iolo common lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files NTRU Cryptosystems NTRU Hybrid TSS v Windows installer issues after nasty infection bin tcsd win exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Creative Creative ZEN ZEN Media Explorer CTCheck exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C WINDOWS FixCamera exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C WINDOWS tsnpstd exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yma R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www adobe com shockwave download download cgi P Prod Version ShockwaveFlash R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C P... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-issues-after-nasty-infection.848094/
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings I ve researched quite a bit to try and troubleshoot this on my 3.1.0.0 1.1, NET Issues Updates 2.0 Windows Installer and Framework own but I think my problem stems from the fact that I installed and may be am running the wrong version of Windows Installer on my system Please don t laugh do I have a bit or an bit or am I running Win NT like HiJack This says I think I installed the WIndows Installer for x and not mine or does it not make a difference Hence my WIndows Installer is set up to run automatically in services but it keeps stopping despite my re-starting it right before I attempt to download the NET Framework updates I uninstalled the NET and that I already had on my computer and tried to reinstall them after downloading and running the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility I Windows Installer 3.1.0.0 and NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 Updates Issues ve unreg d and reg d Windows Installer I attempted to run the WFP Scan and didn t know where I was going with that I ve read and read MS KB articles to a point Windows Installer 3.1.0.0 and NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 Updates Issues where I am tired and thinking I might Windows Installer 3.1.0.0 and NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 Updates Issues make things worse I thought about uninstalling Windows Installer and re-installing and then it warns me that all sorts of programs like every one may not run so I didn t go there So I hope the above paragraph explains thoroughly what I ve done not done and what my issue is Or not so let me know what more info you need to assess I m perplexed and could use someone s help Below is my HijackThis log and the s are shady items I know but your advice as to what to fix do uninstall re-install would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXE C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmon exe C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Speeditup Free SearchDefender exe C Program Files UnH Solutions IE Privacy Keeper IEPrivacyKeeper exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files DOWNLOADED STUFF HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www searchgateway net search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www searchgateway net search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www searchgateway net search GFNT FF GIMP FF FORID amp q s O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar VMN Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E - C PROGRA VMNTOO VMNTOO DLL O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-3-1-0-0-and-net-framework-1-1-2-0-updates-issues.678444/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all I have Windows I think -bit home edition For (updating Virus? Installer Is Firefox, a issues), etc. it Windows some time I have had issues with Windows Installer I can't install programs or update certain one Is it a Virus? Firefox, Windows Installer (updating issues), etc. Java Adobe message I get there is another program is being installed or so and yesterday afternoon another issue came up I can't access the Internet with Firefox All I get is this message yahoo is my current homepage when I get online Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www yahoo com The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy Try again in a few moments If you are unable to load any pages check your computer's network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted Is it a Virus? Firefox, Windows Installer (updating issues), etc. to access the Web I E and Chrome work fine Right now I am in Safe-Mode and have Malwarebytes running My Antivirus is for some odd reason not working properly Any help would be appreciated

A:Is it a Virus? Firefox, Windows Installer (updating issues), etc.

Hello Bubble, lets rule out malware firstPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Pl... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552166/is-it-a-virus-firefox-windows-installer-updating-issues-etc/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone, I am new here and I hope I can get help with a problem of mine. I have had the BenQ XL2420T Monitor for a couple of days now. I noticed that pictures look quite bad on it compared to my Samsung T220. After playing around with it I discovered that they only look bad when opened with the Windows Photo Viewer and ONLY on the BenQ. The pictures look absolutely fine opened with WPV on the Samsung. The funny weird thing, when I open the pictures on the BenQ using Paint or Photoshop they are all fine!!! It is so weird I dont understand it. I have made a video. It is a holiday pic so no jokes please ;-) IMG 5917 - YouTube

A:Windows Photo Viewer picture quality issues on FULL HD

EDIT: I had to delete a file in color settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/199359-windows-photo-viewer-picture-quality-issues-full-hd.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I'm having issues with a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit. I was given this computer to help fix some issues. I just finished removing the System Tool virus and was attempting to connect to the internet, but I can't get the services to run and it wont allow me to change settings in the Network and Sharing Center. I wanted to connect to the internet to install security software on the computer. To bypass this, i used CD's to transfer files from my internet connected laptop and tried to install at least AVG Free Edition for now, but when i tried to install it, it told me the Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.

I just would like to know what i can do to fix this or what i can use to find the problem

Thanks

A:Vista Internet Connection Issues/ Wont let me run windows installer

Also the windows security service cant be started

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381525/vista-internet-connection-issues-wont-let-me-run-windows-installer/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi This is my first post on these forums tried Tom's Hardware countless times but have got no where Please be patient as this is a huge post Around October last year I built my first PC I'm and was chuffed to finally fit the final piece of the puzzle i e installing Windows I opted for an upgrade package of my old copy first installing bit Windows Professional then immediately installing bit upgrade over the top both genuine My system features two storage drives one Sandisk GB SSD OS Drive and a TB Seagate data drive both of which function great I went about installing the OS by obviously inserting the containing media booting into it and everything as normal I then proceeded to Installer, services Huge and Backup, Firewall with Windows issues boot into my new install which worked great but thought of a problem My PC has over GB of music and GB of photos to be copied onto it I did not want Huge issues with Windows Installer, Backup, Firewall and services these on my shiny new SSD as it seemed a waste of super-fast capacity So I did some research and came across a guide detailing how it was possible to move the 'Users' directory from the OS drive to a secondary drive a process that involved booting into Audit Mode and running a batch file attached to this post as a txt file I'd recommend opening in Notepad as indents aren't visible in default User folder script txt This all went well and upon booting into Windows I noted that the process had gone fine and my Users folder was now on my secondary HDD after which I begun copying over my music collection and family photos From here on the first few weeks went brilliantly I installed Steam and started downloading all of my favorite games I also began installing programs that I deemed unfit for a speed boost onto the secondary HDD to conserve space on my precious SSD as I'd read about the more it's used the more it wears This kind of use continued for a month or so all fine and well However after receiving a download of Far Cry at Christmas Huge issues with Windows Installer, Backup, Firewall and services I started to notice pretty big problems I ran the install which I noticed took and unusual amount of time to kick in but I assumed this was just due to the enormous size of the game The installer hung on for a good hour then after this time I looked at the screen and it suddenly started working the permission request came up after an hour and the game installed This happened again when I went to install Java I downloaded the installer and ran it but it hung for a huge amount of time on around half an hour before suddenly just whizzing through Now it seems that at least half of the programs I try to install hang on for half an hour before asking my permission yellow and blue Windows Shield and flying through I've also noticed that this mainly occurs with program installers of the file type quot msi quot which leads me to believe there is a problem with Windows Installer somewhere deep in the PC I began looking around the internet for problems of this type and found several hints toward 'Services msc' trawling through several services and restarting them all no effect So yesterday I was tinkering with overclocking my CPU up to GHz and realised I did not have a valid restore point if the system goes wrong I went into system protection and attempted to create a restore point only to be met with the following error message This would suggest a problem with the Volume Shadow Copy service I assume Yet another problem with my install is that I cannot enable Windows Firewall which I don't mind I use Online Armor anyway - but it's slightly annoying I get this message I'm at my wits end I've put hours of research into fixing this I would attempt a repair install however this would require all of my programs to be on the SSD and therefore is not possible without corrupting my secondary drive Can anyone help Thanks in advance

A:Huge issues with Windows Installer, Backup, Firewall and services

Wow ... lots to read there. Let me see if I can help.

First, let it go about SSD drives. You do NOT have to babysit SSD drives. They will not wear out okay? Yes, in 10 years it may be no good, but who cares! Some poor OCD soul on the internet has affected your smart young mind.

Second, reinstall windows on to your SSD and make it your boot drive. When you get it working how you want, then you can keep your big data (that won't fit) on the other drive. Personally, I have two SSD drives, one for booting and one for data.

If you want to remap the User folder, do so because of wanting to separate your data, NOT to preserve drives. The reason I have data on another drive is so I can easily reinstall windows from an image (ghost file) I have of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/290877-huge-issues-windows-installer-backup-firewall-services.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I currently have Windows Beta and I have a list of issues here they are When I Open Windows Media Center or Windows Movie Maker my computer freezes Windows Installer does Installer, Freezes, Media Issues! Of Centers! Windows List not appear to be installed and it gives error messages such as the Error Number The computer often freezes on startup and can show a blue screen error Did Not Last Long Enough To Get The Error Message I cannot install or uninstall anything that uses Windows Installer Cannot get Windows Sidebar to start Informational - Could not start Mozilla Firefox FIXED Cannot use Windows Update AVG Firewall Driver couldn t work Get This Error - The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if the Installer is not correctly List Of Issues! Windows Installer, Freezes, Media Centers! installed Contact you support personnel for assistance Also I would like to know how to uninstall Windows Installer and then install it again The HiJack This Log is posted below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Sam s Software Sam s Software HijackThis analyze exe O - Global Startup BHO Remove Folder bat O - List Of Issues! Windows Installer, Freezes, Media Centers! Service CarboniteService - Carbonite Inc www carbonite com - C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe O - Service Java Quick Starter JavaQuickStarterService - Sun Microsystems Inc - C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe O - Service LaCie Safe Hard Drive Enabler - LaCie - C Program Files LaCie SAFE Hard Drive SafeService exe O - Service Intel NCS NetService NetSvc - Intel R Corporation - C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS Sync NetSvc exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

A:List Of Issues! Windows Installer, Freezes, Media Centers!

at this point you need to keep in mind it is a beta and problems come as part of it if you send the details to ms then they have a chance to address them for the future all i can suggest is try to reinstall and see if it performs better since you say nothing installs you wont have had any possible updates or fixes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/list-of-issues-windows-installer-freezes-media-centers.791891/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone I m thankful for any advice help you can Windows PopUps, Installer for Spyware, Severe Malware, Help Issues Requesting offer me for my situation So here s the story For a Requesting Help for Severe Malware, Spyware, PopUps, Windows Installer Issues few weeks now I ve been having computer issues involving pop-ups invisible pop-ups I dont see them but I hear audio from the ads browser crashes firefox google chrome and IE websites that I click on get redirected to other sites and most recently severe computer slowdown and trouble with windows installer I ve tried using spyware search amp destroy and malwarebytes anti-malware and while both give me results that I think I m deleting they just reappear when I run another scan I tried to install NOD virus protection to see if I may have a virus but the issues I m having with Windows Installer won t let me do that Whatever is wrong with my computer seems to be refreshing itself or something of that nature I ran a hijackthis log file and this is what my computer is showing Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Service Utility VAIO-SUTOOL exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Windows System reader s exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe quot C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run VAIO Center Access Bar quot c program files sony VAIO Center Access Bar VCAB exe quot O - HKLM Run VWLASU quot C Program Files Sony VAIO PC Wireless LAN Wizard AutoLaunchWLASU exe quot O - HKLM Run VAIORegistration quot C Program Files Sony First Experience WelcomeLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Mobile-based device management windir WindowsMobile wmdSync exe O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript O - HKLM Run reader s C Windows System reader s exe O - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe O - HKLM Run userini C Windows explorer exe userini exe O - HKLM RunOnce N N O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run AlcoholAutomount quot C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol axcmd exe quot automount O - HKCU Run reader s C Users impaktstudio reader ... Read more

A:Requesting Help for Severe Malware, Spyware, PopUps, Windows Installer Issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/requesting-help-for-severe-malware-spyware-popups-windows-installer-issues.882757/
Relevancy 51.17%

My Task manager shows the icons and everything it just doesnt show any words, ive been searching for a little over 24 hours now and still nothing.

This problem started yesterday after i started my computer back up after work, any information on how to fix this would be great,

Here is a picture of what im talking about.

A:Windows 7 Task Manager issues.

Hi and welcome to TSF please see here Troubleshoot Task Manager problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-task-manager-issues-616159.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an old Windows 7 which can now be updated to Windows 10. However, when I updated my Win 8.1 to 10 I had issues with Easeus Partition Manager changing partition ids and other problems. WindowsEight Forums were fabulous in info with rectifying the problems in simple non tech language.

So, before I attempt to update from Windows 7, could someone please clarify the following (or would it be the same as Windows 8)? One other slight complication is that my windows 7 is the Spanish version.

Particion 1 Principal 200 MB
Particion 2 Principal 68 GB
Particion 0 Extendido 382 GB
Particion 7 Logico 90 GB
Particion 8 Logico 3833 MB
Particion 4 Logico 244 GB
Particion 5 Logico 14 GB
Particion 6 Logico 28 GB
Particion 3 OEM 14 GB

I created 2 new partitions with EPM - one for my work folders and files and another for Linux. The Partitions shown in This PC are:
Local Disk C: 68.3 GB
Lenovo D: 28.9 GB
Linux E: 14.7 GB
Work G: 244 GB

Many thanks for any help.

Jorge

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385932-update-windows-7-windows-10-easeus-partition-manager-issues.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an old Windows 7 which can now be updated to Windows 10. However, when I updated my Win 8.1 to 10 I had issues with Easeus Partition Manager changing partition ids and other problems. WindowsEight Forums were fabulous in info with rectifying the problems in simple non tech language.

So, before I attempt to update from Windows 7, could someone please clarify the following (or would it be the same as Windows 8)? One other slight complication is that my windows 7 is the Spanish version.

Particion 1 Principal 200 MB
Particion 2 Principal 68 GB
Particion 0 Extendido 382 GB
Particion 7 Logico 90 GB
Particion 8 Logico 3833 MB
Particion 4 Logico 244 GB
Particion 5 Logico 14 GB
Particion 6 Logico 28 GB
Particion 3 OEM 14 GB

I created 2 new partitions with EPM - one for my work folders and files and another for Linux. The Partitions shown in This PC are:
Local Disk C: 68.3 GB
Lenovo D: 28.9 GB
Linux E: 14.7 GB
Work G: 244 GB

Many thanks for any help.

Jorge

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385932-update-windows-7-windows-10-easeus-partition-manager-issues.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have been having some issues with loggin into my desktops This usually happens after I try to login from password protected screensaver So far the only way I can avoid this is to not have a password on when the screensaver kicks in or to turn off the screensaver altogether Here is what pops up in the event viewer The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention Reason CPU resources are over-utilized Diagnosis A sharp degradation in Desktop Window Manager responsiveness was observed I also have a lot of Boot Monitoring Issues/Degredation Manager Desktop Windows warnings errors and critical reports Mainly with This application took longer than Desktop Windows Manager Issues/Degredation usual to start up resulting in a performance degradation in the system startup process File Name sqlservr exe Friendly Name SQL Server Windows NT Version Total Time ms Degradation Time ms Incident Time UTC - - T Z This application took longer than usual to start up resulting in a performance degradation in the system startup process File Name CCC exe Friendly Name Catalyst Control Centre Host application Version Total Time ms Degradation Time ms Incident Time UTC - - T Z This application took longer than usual to start up resulting in a performance degradation Desktop Windows Manager Issues/Degredation in the system startup process File Name explorer exe Friendly Name Windows Explorer Version win rtm - Total Time ms Degradation Time ms Incident Time UTC - - T Z Running Window Ultimate bit Quad Core Processor GB Ram MB ATI Video Card

A:Desktop Windows Manager Issues/Degredation

Hi Jacen. I think I had a similar problem, in my case when I had two users logged in. Both are administrators and I had a password only on one. When I switched from one to another, one process from the first user was not terminated. I can't now remember which, but it had to do with the password. Once I set a password for that user it stopped.

Do you have more than one admin?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/91748-desktop-windows-manager-issues-degredation.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a question - I made my A:/ a shortcut on the picture manager and now everytime I bring the program up my A:/ grinds like it's trying to read the drive.....How do I get the shortcut off? It wont let me just "Delete It"

A:Ms Office Picture Manager

Welcome to TSG....

Will it let you rename it or trey right clicking on the shortcut and choose properties and see if there is a way to change it to somewhere on drive C: like My Pictures?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-picture-manager.619096/
Relevancy 50.74%

Is there any possibility that I can find MS Office Picture Manager as a separate entity from Microsoft Office 2003?

A:MS Office Picture Manager

About Picture Manager
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP010017211033.aspx
Microsoft Picture Manager is installed with all Office Suites
[also with ms front page 2003]

What happened to Photo Editor?
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP011454871033.aspx?pid=CH101022911033

but.....this is probably better
http://picasa.google.com/download/

might also look at this:
http://www.IrfanView.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-picture-manager.831118/
Relevancy 50.74%

ok, I`m a n00b so please try to help me out.

The problem:

When useing Outlook2003, and when trying to open an attached picture (.tif), Picture Manager doesnt see it. (only the square and the red x). Picture manager see it as a .png format.

If I save the same picture on desktop and then open it.. it works.

I cant open any "tif" formats from outlook2003 into picture manager. Other pic formats works.

I looked in Pricture Manager settings and it is set to recognize .tif formats.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook2003-picture-manager.293025/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a user with a Dell 610 Laptop who receives an error each time they try to view a picture through Microsoft Picture Manager.

The error is:

ois.exe - application error
the instruction at "0x1010507a" reference memory at
"0x5f08001e" memory could not be "read". click on ok
to terminate the program.

Is anyone familiar with this type of problem or have suggestions to fix?

Thanks in advance,

notrealtechy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-picture-manager.729264/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello

I have noticed recently that my cookies ex: logos, pictures etc... are all visible in my Office Picture Manager program. Nothing of this sort ever happened up until two days ago. Aside from that, my PC is running just fine. I thought I'd fixed the problem when I unchecked the GIF and Bmp in Tools (types of folders), but it's all the same today, except for the GIF and BMP which now appears as simple thumbnails. Please what should I do?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cookies-in-picture-manager.939577/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello

I have noticed recently that my cookies ex: logos, pictures etc... are all visible in my Office Picture Manager program. Nothing of this sort ever happened up until two days ago. Aside from that, my PC is running just fine. I thought I'd fixed the problem when I unchecked the GIF and Bmp in Tools (types of folders), but it's all the same today, except for the GIF and BMP which now appears as simple thumbnails. Please what should I do?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cookies-in-picture-manager.939312/
Relevancy 50.74%

I used this on my old pc but it isn't on my windows xp, does anyone know how to get Mpm without buying the whole microsoft offic kit?Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 50.74%

How does an old geezer delete all pictures fron Microsoft Office Picture Manager? Any time you view anything it leaves pictures you do not want. Can I disable this program easily or just pictures? Tried using select all but says I cant because another program is using one of these spots! Dont want to have to sit and delete each picture! Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/picture-manager-deleting-284972.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am unable to open jpeg images using Picture manager, it just sopped all over sudden. Im running windows xp. Any help please?

A:Microsoft picture manager

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Do you receive any errors when trying to open an image file? Are these files in a folder on the computer or in your email client? Do you have any other type of software that would open jpeg files like camera software?

If you want to reinstall the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer software
do the following.

Click on Start/Run and type in:

regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\shimgvw.dll

Once that process has finished Click on Start/Run and type in:

regsvr32 /i %windir%\system32\shimgvw.dll

This should reinstall Picture and Fax viewer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-picture-manager-407992.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Within the last three days, I get an occasional problem right clicking on a .jpg photo. I would like to open the photo in Nikon NX2 or Photoshop but the screen locks up. The only way to resume is do a reboot. It seems to do this about twice a day on my Dell XPS 64 bit machine. Any ideas?

Mike

A:Problem with Picture Manager

Inconsistent problems are always tricky to pin down.

A quick search has not revealed anything obvious. However, I wonder if it might be caused by interference from an anti-virus program? Which AV are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/191022-problem-picture-manager.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So something odd is occurring i am trying to disable some startup services and i thought i did for a few but after restart they load and are not showing in the manager

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpdb93e0e1...2001.40.20.png

I think it might be related to the fact that i upgraded windows 8 to the latest from the windows store and caused some startup related issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37985-windows-8-startup-program-issues-task-manager.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
Is there any possibility to get the installer only for MS Picture Manager 2010  after migrating to office 2013 , users stated asking for Picture Manager. Fed up with installing customized picture manager from Office installer.No One want to use Picture
Gallery as an alternative. Really pissed  off with users .

Is there anyway we can extract only picture manager ?

Txks

A:Office 2010 picture Manager

You should ask in Microsoft Office forum
But, you can use Microsoft Office Picture manager 2010 separately 
http://www.askvg.com/how-to-install-and-get-microsoft-office-picture-manager-back-in-office-2013/ 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/24b26bcc-2330-487d-aef1-75ce29f2f405/office-2010-picture-manager?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 49.88%

I downloaded a lot of pictures on to my computer and openned them in to picture manager. I renamed them and a bunch of the pictures were named the same thing. When I tried to find the picture that I named before it with the same name it was nowhere to be found. How do I go about finding the other pictures I have with the same name? I have at least 5 pictures with the same names which is about a total of 20 lost pictures.

A:ms office picture manager renaming

Normally when one does a rename and there is a file already with that name, the rename is NOT allowed.

What "Picture Manager" are you using?

IF you were able to do this rename, then most likely the other file was replaced with the newly renamed file. This means they are gone forever.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-picture-manager-renaming.1027121/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just a few hours ago returned from a vacation to Arizona, where I took one picture of myself. It is of me and a giant cactus. I was showing it to my family in Microsoft Picture Manager and flipped the picture (which had been pointing left) so they could see it better. I exit Picture Manger, it asks if I want to save, I mean to hit NO since I'm looking directly from the card but hit yes. Suddenly, Picture Manager stops responding, exits, error reports to Microsoft, and when I re-open it there is half a picture of a cactus, and not even the top of my head. HELP!!!

A:Microsoft Picture Manager DISASTER -- NEEDS HELP!!!

You are going to have to try a recovery program.
This one is a good start:
http://www.download.com/PC-Inspector-Smart-Recovery/3000-2242_4-10066144.html

Ps: In the meantime, Stop using the card as this will reduce chances of recovery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-picture-manager-disaster-needs-help.791999/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hoping someone can help. I'm trying to use Office Picture manager from Office 2007. However I get an error message "The operating system is currently not configured to run this application" and then it crashes out.

What do I need to change to get it to work? OS is XP SP 3.

A:OS not configured to run Office Picture Manager

What service pack is Office? run windows update and it will give you office updates. office 2007 was created brofore SP3.... maybe a known issue???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-not-configured-to-run-office-picture-manager.864015/
Relevancy 49.88%

This problem just started today. In MS Office Picture Manager which is installed with Office 2003 Pro I get this error when trying to view any picture.

Other Folders Exist
The selected locations do not contain pictures to preview.
Other folders or files exist but can not be previewed. Click to expand...

This happens upon trying to open any picture file or when viewing any folder that contains picture files. It worked fine this morning but not does not. I did not conciously change any setting. These picture files (jpegs and gifs mostly) can be displayed fine in other programs including Irfanview.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-2003-picture-manager.314583/
Relevancy 49.88%

In our office people are trying to use MOPM but if they use it to view like a 4 page .Tiff file they are only able to view the first page. If they click on the arrow buttons on the screen they are not active and are not able to move from page to page. Is there a setting here MOPM that we are missing?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

When using the Microsoft Office Picture Manager, all of a sudden I am getting pixelated pictures, no matter what size I print. Never did this before. I must of changed some setting, but can't figure it out.

Thank you

Robert

Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to save a word document to pdf. I saved the document as a Word document first. Then tried to save as pdf. Somehow Microsoft Picture Manager has become my default. Same thing I have done a thousand times before. How can I get rid of this irritating problem?

A:Office picture manager default for pdf

If you are using Vista or 7, goto 'Start', then in the right hand part of the menu, click on 'Default programs'. Then click on 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program'. Scroll down the list to '.pdf', click on it once to highlight. Then click on the box at the top , 'change program' and choose the program you want to use with pdf's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-picture-manager-default-for-pdf.161579/
Relevancy 49.88%

In the PICTURE MANAGER of the 2007 Office I cannot find one function that often made use of in the old MICROSOFT PHOTO EDITOR:
the tool for selecting an area of the image and then deleting, moving it around, or copying it etc.
Where is it now?

Thanks for any help
ACA

A:About Microsoft Office PICTURE MANAGER

Hi,

Try this:

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/176341-about-microsoft-office-picture-manager.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Not sure which forum is proper for this question I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student a few months ago now I ve noticed that the quot Microsoft Office Picture Manager quot is being used when I want to Office Microsoft Picture Manager access edit email my photos Previous to this install I used the HP Digital Imaging or the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and it worked fine but now I can t keep this MS Picture Editor from handling all photos I went to Tools gt File Types and then unchecked every box but still when I go to Start gt Photos or to C Document and Settings Photos and double click an uploaded image this Microsoft Office Picture Manager crazy MS Office Picture Manager brings them up the pics are tiny and cannot be resized and or edited etc Does anyone know how to disable this MS Office Picture Manager It is found at Start gt Programs Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Tools Microsoft Office Picture Manager Thanks in advance for your help Jackiemarie HP dv Pavilion Media Center Edition Windows XP Pro

A:Microsoft Office Picture Manager

Have you tried changing the default program that displays pictures?1. Open My Computer then navigate to the folder where your pictures are.2. Right-click on any picture then click Properties on the menu that comes up.3. On the window that appears, find "Opens with:" then click Change...4. Another window will appear. Click on Windows Picture and Fax Viewer then click OK.5. Click OK on the Properties windowThis would make all of your JPEG pictures show up on the default Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. If another picture shows up in the Microsoft Office Picture Viewer, do steps 2-5 on the picture.Do the pictures now show up in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?Feel free to post if you do not understand my instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179984/microsoft-office-picture-manager/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am not sure if this is the right forum...but it is XP related.

One of my kids has been on my computer and has changed the default picture viewer/editor to Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

All the icons on my desktop and in my pic files are the same, so it was a global change.

I don't care for the way it works and would like to revert back to the original...How do i do this???

Thanks!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Win 7
I need permission from Trusted Installer to remove all the photos that this porgram scanned the hard drive for and installed. I was trying to import a single photo but this happened.
How do I change a setting so i can delete them?
Thank you

A:MS Office>tools picture manager

One easy way to remove the picture shortcuts from MS Office Picture Manager is to close the program and then run Ccleaner. Just make sure that "MS Office Picture Manager" is checked in the "applications" tab of Ccleaner, before you run it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/238439-ms-office-tools-picture-manager.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Having MAJOR issues with my custom build desktop Was running down Manager Issues won?t shut and /Device 10 Windows Update restart fine for a few days No malware AV or sketchy software only using Windows Defender Issues started were fixed and are back full flight again This is my gaming rig Here is my CBS log for current errors https www dropbox com s l lvhviiwmjm kc CBS log dl Windows Pro Legit copy clean bootdrive install I - k stable removed OC for now GIGABYTE Z XP-SLI Mobo GB Ripjaws DD CL Evga GTX Windows 10 won?t shut down restart /Device Manager and Update Issues ACX SC x in SLI removed OC for now Samsung gb boot drive Crucial M Tb SSD Asus IPS Xstar p LG Plasma Possible Causes W is totally busted works fine on my Surface Pro was a nightmare on my Pro with random crashes May have patched my video drivers with the nvidia pixel clock patcher incorrectly to run my Xstar hz Unknown root cause Here are the issues W gets stuck on restart shutting down getting Windows ready Don t turn off your computer need to hold power down to shutdown then issues on boot W might shut down but leave PC fans lights and usb powered W start menu occasionally stops working on certain boots also icons disappear and menu becomes see through aero look -Windows Store Icon invisible on Taskbar and won't open -Windows Apps won't open W update always says no internet connection or stuck on checking for updates Device Manager totally screwed stuck on driver update stuck on scanning stuck on removing drivers Can t restore from backup just hangs Device Manager missing monitors Most programs won t install or uninstall properly gets stuck USB storage devices stopped being recognized on some boots Settings doesn t always pull up freezes on some menus Can't uninstall updates just hangs Can t eject USB drives Random boot errors Fixes attempted Sfc scannow found corrupt entries and repaired Troubleshoot startup repair Windows Update won t connect when PC is hosed Turn off fast startup remove sleep from menu Tried restore from backup but hangs Managed to get USB recognized on a boot and used my W USB install to run a repair install and retain apps and files THIS WORKED All symptoms were cured I did a clean video driver removal in safe mode using DDU reinstalled latest Nvidia drivers and PC was running fine after several reboots USB drives stopped responding so I shutdown and the problem started over again will all the same symptoms Second time I tried to run the stick solution it got stuck on getting windows update Sfc scannow is showing no integrity issues now but all problems are present Not sure where to go from here

A:Windows 10 wont shut down restart /Device Manager and Update Issues

Wow, have you done a MemTest86+ yet?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41462-windows-10-won-t-shut-down-restart-device-manager-update-issues.html
Relevancy 49.88%

my roommate has been having problems with her computer. i installed zone alarm security suite on her computer and have done numerous scans. but when she crtl-alt-deletes it says "task manger has been disabled by your administrator" (admin has not disabled it though) and when she opens a shortcut or an application it says "adobe installer" something or other and "installs" something. I've tried finding out what it was but if i can't get in task manger to see what process' are running when the "adobe" comes up i don't think i can figure out where it's running from. any help is appreciated. thank you.

A:adobe installer and task manager

Allows you to enable or disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-installer-and-task-manager.675357/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,

I need MSO Picture Manager like 2007 in 2013 is there any option to get back it in 2013 ?

Any help in this regards would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Snehal

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/400423-microsoft-office-picture-manager-2013-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have renamed and separated into folders a large group of pictures.
I open one of the folders in picture manager and it goes from picture 1 to 10,11,12 ..19,2,20,21.. and so on.
How do i get it to go 1,2,3?
Thanks

A:seeing renamed pictures in sequence in picture manager

you have to put in a leading zero (i.e. 01,02,03...)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeing-renamed-pictures-in-sequence-in-picture-manager.991683/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am running Windows Home Edition and currently when I press "Ctrl+Alt+Del" this is what comes up;

As you can see there are no different TABS for system processes and the like. It is also missing the regular border that surrounds all open Windows, the X, -, and minimize that usually appears at the upper right. Why is this?

A:Task Manager Messed Up (PICTURE INCLUDED)

Hi...

You just need to double click somewhere on the border to bring the shell back up..

Hope that helps :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-messed-up-picture-included-97540.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Help! I've just returned from Europe with over 2,500 pictures, many of them photos of paintings that I took vertically with my Leica X2. When beginning to edit them with Microsoft Picture Manager, I found when looking at thumbnails that the verticals were not displayed rotated. And when reviewing individual vertical photos and saving them rotated, they still displayed vertically when again looking at thumbnails.

I have been using Picture Manager for several years with Windows 7 and Office 2010 and the same camera -- and the verticals were always auto-rotated and stayed rotated after being saved. I now have a monstrous job ahead of me and would appreciate some help.

A:Why won't MS Picture Manager auto-rotate my photos?

Originally Posted by turbo997

Help! I've just returned from Europe with over 2,500 pictures, many of them photos of paintings that I took vertically with my Leica X2. When beginning to edit them with Microsoft Picture Manager, I found when looking at thumbnails that the verticals were not displayed rotated. And when reviewing individual vertical photos and saving them rotated, they still displayed vertically when again looking at thumbnails.

I have been using Picture Manager for several years with Windows 7 and Office 2010 and the same camera -- and the verticals were always auto-rotated and stayed rotated after being saved. I now have a monstrous job ahead of me and would appreciate some help.

I would really appreciate knowing how to solve this problem!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/34434-why-wont-ms-picture-manager-auto-rotate-my-photos.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am having a problem when I attempt to run a downloaded installer. After downloading an installer for a game, when I run the installer, instead of installing the game, my Task Manager and Windows Explorer freeze. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it.
Thank you

A:Installer crashes Task Manager and Explorer

Check Resource Monitor - does CPU, RAM, HDD, etc... pin at 100%?
START | type perfmon /res

Also check -

1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on line item for additional crash info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/installer-crashes-task-manager-and-explorer-531135.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all,
I am a dummy at all this, and would be glad for your help! Yesterday i had a pop up reminder from dell for system updates for my dell inspiron 15 5000 laptop. I agreed to installation, after updates were installed the the computer kept freezing, then it shut down, I got a message saying the system was being scanned and repaired, then I continued to have issues - unable to type anything, click on anything, then after sometime it seemed to unfreeze and I could access programs etc again. 
The installation was a BIOS upgrade, but I also noticed  ADM installer manager software was also installed during that upgrade. Is this usual? is this software ok?
Any advice very welcome, many thanks!!
p

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996008
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a user who said she was in MicroSoft Picture manager and when she quit the program, it changed all of her desktop icons to look like the MicroSoft Picture Manager Icon. Except My Computer, My Network, icons. Does anyone know how that happened and how to put it back?

I logged into the computer as myself and the icons are okay. I also, went to C:\Users\"her Name"\desktop and the icons looks okay under that. I had her re-log in and the icons still look like MS Picture Manager.

A:Icons Changed to Microsoft Picture Manager ICON

DownloadLNK FIXLaunch it and click YESRestart the PC and let me know if that worked

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471329/icons-changed-to-microsoft-picture-manager-icon/
Relevancy 49.02%

After much searching I'm back to this forum for some help!   All of a sudden I'm not able to open pictures in Microsoft Office Picture Manager as they only open in Microsoft Photo Viewer.  Right clicking on the photo 'Open With' will not open in Office Manager but in Photo Viewer.  I have checked the defaults and they are correct.   I have uninstalled Malwearbytes as one post indicated file extension exes. can be missing or changed to nothing at some point because of that software.  Also have went to the registry but FileExtensions file is not there but a FindExtension is and could not continue with suggestions for correction.  Look forward to some help!  Thanks a lot!...........Candy  (I do run RegServe)

A:Microsoft Office Picture Manager isn't the default viewer

Part of your problem could be using registry cleaners as they are not recommended here at Bleeping Computer forums. When you change default - browse program, is the Microsoft Office Program Viewer listed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497328/microsoft-office-picture-manager-isnt-the-default-viewer/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I download photos from my Sony Cybershot to my notebook, using Windows Camera wizard to MY PICTURES relevant sub-file, they remain in the jpg file (& date) number order. But when I view or edit them in MS Picture Manager, I find some of my photos date order has been mixed-up compared to the order of taking and storing them on the camera folder and in the Explorer/My Pictures sub-file. So, when I simply wish to view them in a slideshow sequentially they are of course displayed as well out of order. Nor can I find a facility in MS PM to re-arrange them in date order? Furthermore, MS PM will not allow me to drag & drop them back into the date order (which would be a long job sometimes with holiday photos in any case!).

Has anybody a solution how to overcome this frustrating time-waster, please?

A:MS Picture manager mixing up photos date order

Welcome to the TSG forum.

Sorry, not familiar with M$ PM ...
But the freeware Irfanview Image Viewer and Editor is very popular here at TSG.
http://www.irfanview.com/
This should have some more tools as compared with M$ PM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-picture-manager-mixing-up-photos-date-order.572699/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Media and Installer Google Manager Roxio Redirection and please help So a couple of weeks ago Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer I Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer read a couple of threads on how to get rid of Google Redirection after clicking on a link and I ran Malwarebytes this was the ONLY thing I did reading all the Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer threads nothing else since I figure everyone's comp is different and I thought it was removed because it no longer redirected me however after I had done that my antivirus is no longer updating each day as it used to to so each and everyday and now today after I uninstalled this video game of mine there is now a Roxio Media Manager installer that constantly pops up and will not cease to stop trying to install itself into my laptop So here's a HiJackThis log please take a look and help me out I appreciate all the help I can get thanks HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE agent exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeC PROGRA COMMON INSTAL Driver INTEL IDriver exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hk music yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - C BA A - F - BD-F - A C - no file O - Toolbar Verizon Broadband Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- CB -AB BB AAE - C PROGRA VOL TO VOL TO DLLO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe StartO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeO - HKLM R... Read more

A:Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234899/google-redirection-and-roxio-media-manager-installer/
Relevancy 48.59%

The auto correct feature doesn't seem to work on scanned documents.

I often scan documents and save them as .jpg.

Sometimes I scan a document (a bill or invoice or text) that has light text that's barely readable. I use the auto correct feature to darken the text and then save the adjusted document.

What I noticed today was that after I hit auto correct and the text darkens, when I hit save the text goes back the way it was.

Here's the kicker.

That happens with documents that I have scanned with my new Canoscan 9000F Mark II.

When I pull up documents that I scanned with my 5 year old Canoscan 8800F (an earlier generation of the same machine) the auto correct works the way it's supposed to.

Canon tech support is clueless and blames Office Picture Manager, of course.

Any ideas?

A:Microsoft Office 2010 Picture Manager - Auto Correct

Hmm Jack looks like Canon are playing games with you. Now I am assuming youhave the current updates from the web site for this ermmmm machine?

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : CanoScan 9000F

If so have you checked out the cables and ports mate.

Personally I have gone right off Canon printers because of the problems andexcessive ink use and time set up lag. But that is a by the by.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/305330-microsoft-office-2010-picture-manager-auto-correct.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I open my Dell and issues Service Windows Cryptographic other Installer and Service Laptop last night to find MSE not running I tried to start it and received an error and so it began Error Couldn t start the Security Essentials service The dependancy service or group failed to start Error Code x csteps and thing Tried to reinstall MSE Already Windows Installer Service and Cryptographic Service and other issues installed Tried to remove using Control Panel gt Add Remove Programs Uninstall Wizard starts Error Cannot complete uninstall wizard An error has prevented the Security Essentials Uninstall Wizard from continuing Please restart Error code x FF Restart did not solve anything not in Safe Mode or Reg Mode Checked to see if Windows Installer is running by services msc in Start gt Run Extended tab is mostly blue Standard Tab Windows Installer no status Manual able to right click and select properties - nothing happens click start arrow at top - error Could not start the windows installer service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start Dependency tab - NONE MISSING Tried to re-register the windows installer according to support microsoft com - didn t fix Tried to re-install windows installer - error Setup could not verify the integrity of the file update inf Make sure the cryptographic services is running in this computer IT IS see services msc above Lots of research and trying various solves like net stopped cryptsvc ren Catroot Catroot old net strt cryptsve Rebooted in safe mode and reg mod retired everything - NOTHING CHANGED in amongst all this lost taskbar - was able to get it back but now it doesn t show what is running at bottom Hot keys and keyboard shortcuts - cut paste not working Unable to right click paste Can alt-tab only way to navigate what is open I uninstalled AVG about a month ago since it was slowing my computer down so much and switched to MSE Now I am unable to look for virus or maleware since MSE won t run and I can t install anything to find out if I am infected At my wits end Please help Kelly nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

st posted in Windows XP forum Macboatmaster suggested I post my issue here Link to original thread http forums techguy org windows-xp -windows-installer-service-cryptographic-service html Brief Summary of issue MSE would not start dependancy error Windows Installer giving error when I try to install program Unable to reinstall Windows Installer get cryptographic error services mcs has no dependacy Service issues Service Cryptographic Installer Windows and other and tab unable to right click to properties to start service lost task bar was able to recover although open programs do not show unable to Windows Installer Service and Cryptographic Service and other issues cut ans paste why I didn t paste original post here I have Windows Installer Service and Cryptographic Service and other issues run HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard MemeoDashboard exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Memeo AutoBackup MemeoBackgroundService exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard SeagateDashboardService exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard HipServAgent HipServAgent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Kelly Bornt My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bing com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe O - HKLM Run Memeo Instant Backup C Program Files Memeo AutoBackup MemeoLauncher exe --silent --no ui O - HKLM Run Seagate Dashboard C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard MemeoLauncher exe --silent --no ui O - HKLM Run ssdiag C WINDOWS ssdiag exe O - HKLM Run MSC quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run... Read more

A:Windows Installer Service and Cryptographic Service and other issues

After further reading of others with my issue, I decideded to restore my system. I look forward to learning how to rebuild a stronger and more protected system. This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-service-and-cryptographic-service-and-other-issues.1071353/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I'm David,
I'm new in the forum. As the title says, I have some problem  installing the icloud control panel in windows. At the end of the installation, the installer says that it has not the administrator privilegies to write in C:\ProgramData\microsoft\windos\Startmenu\programs\icloud.
I tried to used (in this sequence):
1- Malwarebytes anti malware
2-adwcleaner
3-JRT
4-OTL
In the following i'm posting the log of the programs (Hijackthis file included)
Can you help me in find what it is the problem?

Regards

P.S.
I opened everything as administrator not always the anti malware program even the icloud setup.

A:Icloud installer - windows installer does not have the administrator privilegies

I run Window Repair all in one too putting the MSI (windows installer) repair, but unfortunatly nothing changed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535544/icloud-installer-windows-installer-does-not-have-the-administrator-privilegies/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently copied photos from my DVD to my computer which runs XP SP2 . When I open the folder in File Explorer it shows the photos in all views ( it shows the photo clearly as it is in thumb nail view). But when I double click (Open using default editor) the photo, it does not display the photo but shows a small icon 'X" in the screen.
Can someone help. Not sure what the problem is.

some other issues
1) First time when i open after copying the photos it shows all the photos but later when i open it shows a few of them and others are shown with X icon.
2) is there any impact if I use a file wiper tool such as Glarys utilities or CCleaner? does it corrupt the photos?

A:saved photos showing in thumbnail view but not in photoeditor (picture manager etc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saved-photos-showing-in-thumbnail-view-but-not-in-photoeditor-picture-manager-etc.1122932/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite L305, running Vista SP1, that locks up and freezes at random time intervals from the time the computer connects to the internet.

I have run multiple virus scans using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, in both Normal and Safe modes that have determined that the system is indeed clean of malware.

I believe the Network Adapters are the cause for the system freezing based on information found after running ipconfig /all. There are multiple Adapters that, based on internet searches, have something to do with the iP6 protocol.

Also, it is worth noting that there is an issue with the Device Manager. The Device Manager will not allow me to view Properties on any of the installed devices.
Subsequently, I can't uninstall the network devices for Windows to re-install to 'reset' the network settings.

* sigh*

Any help anyone would have would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313672/network-issues-device-manager-issues-in-vista-sp1/
Relevancy 47.3%

Wow if I didn't see on computer or capture in into an Picture all manager? Office book Microsoft the How you online pictures do my computer that all the pictures from an online book were now in my computer I would say this did not happen and could not happen but all of the pictures from an online book did somehow get captured into How do you capture all the pictures in an online book into computer or Microsoft Office Picture manager? my computer How do you capture all the pictures in an online book into computer or Microsoft Office Picture manager? I am baffled as How do you capture all the pictures in an online book into computer or Microsoft Office Picture manager? to how this happened Now I collect pictures from books that are online and that are in the public domain into my computer but normally just one at a time I e just right click and save Now I just saw that a book I was doing this w previously somehow unbeknown to me ALL of the pictures - every single one - are on my computer I have searched help for Microsoft Office Picture Manager for windows but can't find anything Then I was thinking somehow maybe it happened when I was in Sony Movie Studio platinum but can't find anything in there either I know if you click on the globe you are suppose to be able to capture things from the internet but I can't figure out how to do that so I prob did not capture all the pictures from the book that way I would almost think I did not capture all of the pics from the book that it could not possibly be done but they are all in my computer Does anyone know how this happens It would be useful to be able to do this w other books

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/36dfaab1-1cf9-4e8d-9268-024e3533f0e2/how-do-you-capture-all-the-pictures-in-an-online-book-into-computer-or-microsoft-office-picture?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 47.3%

My girlfriend has a myspace and her slide shows do not show the pitures anymore. We were having major issues with the computer so I reformatted and installed XP.

I have a dell demension 5150.. 3.oGhz 1Ghz Ram 80Gb HD etc... there are no issues in device manager, I installled all drivers from dell.com.... not sure where to go from here... any ideas???

A:Picture issues

can you see the side show on another pc? if not it mite not be the pc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/picture-issues.495881/
Relevancy 47.3%

I know I have windows installer installed, as Flashplayer and adobe installed it. Is it harmful, my brother is raising a lot of heck about it. I read the other old forum logs for windows installer and it does not see to be a problem. He also said that he has a program from windows called Trusted Installer. Checked back forum logs, nothing on trusted installer. I ran a search of my computer with no results. He said it stopped him from downloading SAS. He did a clean install and now it downloads and he cannot find no trusted installer on it. Is there such a thing as a trusted installer? Its only supposed to be in vista as he says. Curious about it as I cannot find nothing on my computer for trusted installer, windows installer yes, other NO.

A:Solved: windows installer/trusted installer?

http://www.trustedinstaller.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-trusted-installer.913410/
Relevancy 47.3%

every time me or my wife logs into our accounts on windows we receive a pop up for windows installer and sonic decoder. they cannot be canceled unless I open the task manager and manually stop them I cant think of any changes I have made to msconfig or my registry that would cause this. I checked the event viewer log to see if there was any additional info but none was available. Any suggestions anyone?

My system also seems to be running very sluggishly way slower than normal, I ran a spyware scan Vundo fix and I am currently running a complete antivirus scan just to be safe even though I dont feel that this is malware/virus related.

A:windows installer/sonic decoder installer

so an update to this one....my computer is acting all sorts of weird now and programs are showing up that I deleted long ago....also when I view the audit in event viewer it shows a very large amount of registry errors. I am not familiar with the process to repair a corrupted registry . Is there anyone that could lend me some suggestions or guide me on the right path?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-sonic-decoder-installer.719904/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi

I have a problem installing software onto my pc. every time i try i get an error message sayin " windows installer service can not be accessed" please can some one help, thanks

A:installer Issues

Try this
Error ?The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed? when installing or updating programs on Windows 7 or Windows Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installer-issues-651347.html