Windows Support Forum

change guest login to admin or figure out admin password

Q: change guest login to admin or figure out admin password

Hi
I need to either change a guest log in (kid's access) to
adminstrator, or a way to reveal or change the password
for the Admin profile. Thanks for your help.
I tried this already: Run: cmd net user guest *
I tried to rest the guest password this way but
it didn't work - I'm thinking it is because I am not
logged on as admin in the first place. What do I do now?
Thx
lrr

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: change guest login to admin or figure out admin password

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: change guest login to admin or figure out admin password

you cant change an admins pw from a guest account....at all

only way to change the admin pw is to boot to safe mode and enter the sys admin account or use a hacking program iso which you can find easily but use at your own risk....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-guest-login-to-admin-or-figure-out-admin-password-314097.html
Relevancy 91.45%

Hi I would like to change the login prompt of administrators for the guest account password I do guest the box How enter admin confirmation change for to make them input the username and password and not just the password automatically showing the user my account picture and username When I mean the prompt box I mean the one where they try to uninstall a program and the confirmation box appears asking for the password On my Windows Home Premium bit computer it only prompts for the password and displays the administrator's picture and username automatically I was wondering if anyone knew how to change this so that the user would have to input the admin username and the admin password and at the same time the picture wouldn't show but How do I change the admin confirmation enter password box for guest would just be an outline border of the picture I'm not running on a domain as I am running on a workgroup I also can't go into Policy Editor since this is Home Premium but was wondering if there was a way to do this via regedit For more info I would like it to appear like the login screen here Log On with User Name and Password Thanks

A:How do I change the admin confirmation enter password box for guest

All I can think of is to create a new admin account with a different password and don't pick a picture for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197869-how-do-i-change-admin-confirmation-enter-password-box-guest.html
Relevancy 109.65%

I have two computers on an in-home LAN, one running XP Pro, the other Win 7 Pro.
When I log into win7 from XP, I enter the Win7 "Administrator" name and password (none at this time). But the (Compute > Manage >...) "Session" shown on Win7 shows a Guest account being used. Why is this?

(The Administrator account on XP also has no password.)

Are the passwords for network login and local login the same?
If they are separate, how are the passwords and enable/disable controlled for each type?

Lastly, I would like to login from XP with the Admin name and password and actually use the win7 Admin account. What must be done to allow that to happen?

A:Admin login from XP gets Win7 Guest account?

Solution:
WARNING: Do not change the Administrator password if you used the OS to encrypt files or you will lose access to those files.

Select Start button, enter in search box "Local Security Policy", then select "Security Options", and then "Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only". Read the "Explain" tab. Do not disable this policy for exposed computers. Rather assign passwords to all non-Guest accounts.

This policy will force a network login to use the Guest account when the login name/account has no password, as was the case in this problem statement. Note that the Guest account was enabled for all tests. To test this policy:
1) Remove the Administrator password on the Win7 system. Then log out and log in again on the Win7 machine.
2) Restart the XP machine. The password on this machine can be blank or not.
3) Right click on the Win7 Computer icon and select Manage > Shared Folders >Sessions; there should be no sessions listed. You may need to use the Refresh button at the top of the pane.
4) On the XP machine, log in as Administrator and via Win Explorer list the network computers on your LAN. Click on the name for the Win7 computer. Yiou should get a logon dialog box. For the user name enter "Administrator", and no password since the Win7 passowrd waas set blank. The logon should be successful.
5) On the Win7 machine, refresh the Sessions list; it should now list the Guest account.
6) Now on the Win7 machine, set a password for the Administrator account, then log out and back in again.
7) Repeat the entire process from step 2. You should again be able to log on from the XP machine, but the Win7 Sessions list should show the Win7 Administrator account being used.
8) Disable the Guest account. Start from Step 2 again, but remove the password from the Win7 Admin account. Log on from the XP machine should fail entirely because of the policy and the disabled Guest account.
9) Repeat step 8 but set a password for the Admin account. You should again be able to log on from the XP machine and get the Admin account on the Win7 machine.
10) You can repeat the above steps with the policy disabled, the Guest account disabled and the Win7 Admin password removed, and log in from the XP machine with a blank password. You should be able to log in and get the Win7 Admin account without a problem. You will also see an ANONYMOUS LOGON session.

Now you see why this policy should be enabled and the Admin password set non-blank.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305310-admin-login-xp-gets-win7-guest-account.html
Relevancy 108.36%

hi i am running xp on a guest account there are no options in

user accounts to change from guest to admin or to add new account

is there any way i can have control of my pc as i cant set time or remove apps and stuff

please please help me

Relevancy 105.78%

so i forgot my admin password and am stuck with only being able to login with the guest account so Im limited on what I can do like I tried to change the sticky keys to the command prompt shortcut but I need the password in order to do that. also when I try to reset the password it asks for a floppy disk or a usb drive and when i put in the USB hard drive, nothing happens it still tells me to insert a usb hard drive. Please help I have a toshiba satellite with no recovery discs or anything. What can I do? I'm willing to wipe all data in order to get my laptop to work if i can't reset my password

A:Forgot Admin password and I'm stuck on guest account

See if it helps - How to Reset Your Forgotten Windows Password the Easy Way - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223184-forgot-admin-password-im-stuck-guest-account.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I lost my admin password and i can only sign in as guest, when in guest, i cannot even connect to the internet. won't let me do anything without admin password, tried recovery and asked for the password too. i didn't backup in a restore disk or whatever. please give me some ideas, thank you.

A:Lost Admin password, can only sign in guest, no disk.

Welcome to the forums,

I am pretty sure in this situation the only option you will have is to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291802-lost-admin-password-can-only-sign-guest-no-disk.html
Relevancy 105.78%

This is the problem I've been dealing with for quite a while. When I try to find a program that resets the password (I used the Password Reset Disk from another computer, didn't work.) I always get a message that I need the administrator password.

So... Help?

Relevancy 98.9%

Hi from my research I saw this is the best place to ask these types of question Any help is appreciated policy Group admin. cannot admin error; as login Here is the gist of Group policy error; admin cannot login as admin. my issues Windows I had just Group policy error; admin cannot login as admin. finished downloading a file from our Google drive directory it was for some anti virus Right after the anti virus installed Windows froze up and an error popped up It stated Windows had crashed or something along those lines I had to unplug the cord Once rebooting I noticed it was taking incredibly long The screen went to yellow showing signs of loading then to black I could move my mouse here After this happened the login screen appeared Everything was very slow I tried to right click and noticed it freezing up After it finally loaded the login screen I entered in my pin but it took over minutes then went to black After other tries to boot I had very mixed signals Sometimes it made it to the login other times just a black screen On one occasion I got this error The Group Policy Client Service Failed The Sign-in The Universal Unique Identifier UUID Type Is Not Supported Sadly this is for the admin account I have no idea where to go from here and have a lot invested file and program wise and thus time wise into this set up for work Any ideas where to go I cannot access system restore or anything as it won't let me log in Any help is appreciated Edit title shouldn't say admin at the end Meaning I cannot log in to the admin or any other profile

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616132/group-policy-error;-admin-cannot-login-as-admin/
Relevancy 98.04%

is there any way to get into my xp admin account it just keeps saying ive forgot my password ? help please

A:cant login to win xp admin password forgot

thanks in advance if u can help mr on this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-login-to-win-xp-admin-password-forgot.721499/
Relevancy 98.04%

My brother cant remember his login password therefore we can't make any changes on his machine.  he doesnt have a recovery disk..any way around this?  please advise.

Thanks,

disco

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627598/forgot-admin-login-password/
Relevancy 98.04%

I am using Windows 7 in my Laptop. Suddenly I can not login to my Laptop due to forget administration password. I know one way and that is setup new windows 7 once again. But I don't want to do that. I heard that have huge password recovery softs but not sure which one will effective!!!

A:How to login after forgetting admin password

User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307055-how-login-after-forgetting-admin-password.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Okay this is for a friend I ve tried everything I ve been able to find and since she got the computer second-hand Let me start at the beginning This is her Christmas present that her mom bought for her at some auction It s a decent system almost as powerful as my own to account to due login Can't Admin password That being said the Can't login to Admin account due to password person who sold it neglected to mention that the administrator account that allows you to do ANYTHING has a password on it Not only that but they also neglected to give a password recovery or reset disc with the computer As it stands here s what we ve tried thus far Tried using a program known as Ophcrack on a USB drive but for whatever reason it won t work without administrator approval Yeah that had me scratching my head too Tried to clean out the machine and do a fresh install from the boot menu After almost a week you get desperate Those were the two most feasible ones I could find on the web but after that I have no clue how to do this I ve loved XP for as long as I can remember so I m not particularly schooled in Vista Just a quick note in case you weren t able to infer it the PC in question is running Vista If anyone at all knows how we can get around this password issue please this is driving her crazy and being her boyfriend it s driving me crazy as well gt lt Thank all of you for your time and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays I was taught to be polite o o nbsp

Relevancy 98.04%

Hi, is it possible to log into an XP machine connected to my network, using my network admin password?

My XP machine is configured to show the list of users at login, but is there a way to login a different way, a shortcut key perhaps?

I have admin access to my XP machine so could just as easily change the way users log in (so that they have to type in their username and password), I'm just curious to know if I can log in as a network admin from the 'users' login screen. I'm sure I can, I've seen it done before (maybe by holding down a key at startup or something) but I can't remember how.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 98.04%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 97.18%

When logging in with a user account, I get a request for the administrator password every time (which I deny).
Sadly, I can't make a screenshot, but the info is something like this:

---
Program name - File Operation
Verified publisher - Microsoft Windows
File origin - Hard drive on this PC

Certificate information:
Certificate purpose : windows hardware driver verification
Issued by : Microsoft Windows Verification PCA
---

Is this ok to allow? It looks legitimate, but I'm in doubt because
- I think it appeared 1st time while browsing
- I don't see where any hardware change might have come from, except maybe plugging in a phone in the USB

Thanks

A:Unexpected request for admin password on login

krek, welcome to Sevenforums!

First, make sure all windows updates are installed. This ensures the certificate is actually from microsoft. More than likely, it is a driver trying to be installed for a device, such as the phone you installed. If you are worried, do a full scan with your updated antivirus program. You can check this by unplugging all devices from your computer except for mouse and keyboard and see if it still pops up. But make sure your mouse and keyboard drivers are installed, as it might be for them. You can automatically get device drivers from windows (safe): Device Installation Settings - created by Brink

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/239799-unexpected-request-admin-password-login.html
Relevancy 97.18%

After forgot admin password on Windows how to access dell computer If just in order to login Windows there are several ways available Why Because remove reset recover or bypass Windows password can work How to remove Windows admin password The good third-party Windows password recovery tool is the most easiest and fastest way such as Windows Password Genius advanced The effective tool can be used to remove password for Windows Vista etc and reset password for Windows server So remove admin password with it could save time and guarantee result The advanced version is special for Windows with high affection 8 Forgot Login Password? after to How Windows Admin How to bypass Windows admin password nbsp Modify registry can bypass admin password to access computer Click ldquo How to Login Windows 8 after Forgot Admin Password? Win R rdquo to open ldquo How to Login Windows 8 after Forgot Admin Password? Run rdquo dialog input ldquo regedit rdquo command and click ldquo OK rdquo to enter registry setting surface of Windows How to Login Windows 8 after Forgot Admin Password? Modify HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT Current Version WinlogonRight-click and create a new string value rename value name as AutoAdminlogon Find DefaultUserName set it as the default user name to sign in Windows And create string value DefaultPassword set the value as the password of the default Windows login user How to recover Windows admin password Reset disk is the most appropriate utility for Windows admin password recovery It is usually created before you forgot admin password So on logon screen when you type wrong password a message will prompt you clicking ldquo Reset Password rdquo link to go on Windows password reset

A:How to Login Windows 8 after Forgot Admin Password?

Great idea! I have ever forgot my Windows 8 administrator password and locked out of computer. My boyfriend helped me reset my forgotten Win 8 password and regained access to my locked computer by following this video guide: How to Reset Windows 8 Password?

It is really helpful!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19525755
Relevancy 97.18%

When trying to boot into safe mode, the machine stops while trying to load agp440.sys

I want to disable the loading of this file in the recovery console, following these instructions:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324764

Now I am asked for an administrator password. As far as I know, there is no admin password on this machine, but just hitting ENTER does not do the trick.

How do I bypass the password?

Relevancy 97.18%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Need simple streps to cahnge XP Pro Administrator password.

A:Change XP Admin. Password

Did you lose the admin password?

Check this link and see if it helps...

Its for Win Nt but I guess it could work -

Recover Lost Password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-xp-admin-password.91551/
Relevancy 96.75%

[/B]My work place has changed my password in windows xp professional.

Iam an admin, but cant change my password.

I've researched methods of doing it, but nothing works.

Does anyone know of a way? It seems you have to go into dos and do a prompt command??

THANKS IN ADVANCED

A:Cant Change admin password

There is no DOS in XP.

Please read the rules about passwords. Sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-admin-password.824483/
Relevancy 96.75%

OS W Home There are two user accounts an admin account with password and a std account with password The following happened when i changed the password of the admin account I gave in the old password then the new one When i clicked on a program to run it with admin rights i logged in with the new password and as expected the program could be started So far so good However after restarting the computer and trying to log in to the admin account the new password was not accepted but neither was the old password I then logged in via the std account and did a system restore When asked for the admin password password change Admin i used the new password which was accepted After the sytem restore the old password was valid again and was accepted when i Admin password change logged in to the admin account on the welcome page I am compltetely at a loss Could it be that all this is due to the user account control being set at quot always notify quot Somehow i doubt it but what could be the cause that no password was accepted any longer by the admin account on the welcome page wheras the new password was accepted anywhere else once logged in via the std account Thanks for any suggestions

A:Admin password change

You sure you put in the right password?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/192809-admin-password-change.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I always liked using a non admin account to (help a little bit) protect against spyware and Trojans and all of that. Now that I have W8 and linked to my Microsoft account I was going to do the same thing but it is not letting me.
W8 was installed and when I logged in for the first time using my MS account it set me up as an admin. I created a second local account that was an admin and used that one to try to set the MS account to a standard but it didn't let me.
Is doing this possible and should I even bother?

A:Change my Microsoft login account from admin to standard?

Hello Jezo, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Odd, it let me change by default administrator account created during installation to standard after creating another local administrator account, sign in and out of local to finish setting it up, then sign back in to the administrator account to change the types.

Double check to make sure that the new local account is actually an administrator type. By default, when you add a new account in Windows 8, it's created as a standard account.

User Account Type - Change in Windows 8
If it just won't let you, then I suppose that you could do this below as a workaround.

Change the new local back to standard.Switch your administrator Microsoft account to be a local account.Switch the new local to a Microsoft account with your email address.
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/14893-change-my-microsoft-login-account-admin-standard.html
Relevancy 95.89%

And, my user account went from admin to standard user after the two last updates. Now, I can no longer address the issue in Built in Admin mode nor can I do it in my standard account.

Please, please, tell me I don't have to reinstall windows 10? *LOL* If I do have to reinstall, I'll need to copy all my doc file again... right?

Oh and did I tell ya? The last update wasn't successful and I've no idea what happened....

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/55003-built-admin-login-no-long-accepts-my-password.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi!
I have few computers, all running win7 home premium 64bit WITH SERVICE PACK 1 !
Unfortunately only some of them gives me the option to type administrator password when I'm trying to change configuration/install applications and such.

I'm not sure what is the different between these computers, maybe I'm missing something.

Please help me find how to enable this option on the other computers, It is really handy for me.

Thanks!

A:Pop-up to type Admin password when login to a Standard user

Is this what you are looking for?

UAC - Require a Password for Administrator

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160894-pop-up-type-admin-password-when-login-standard-user.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello,

I forget my password admin account, now I can't login to my laptop or windows.. what is the best way to reslove this problem?

I try this (f8 when start windows for "Safe Mode") but didn't work.

A:I forget my admin password, and I can't login to laptop or windows

hi forum rules prevent us from helping with bypassing the password as we have to way to verify that you are the owner.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400853-i-forget-my-admin-password-i-cant-login-laptop-windows.html
Relevancy 95.89%

So we have 1 system that the default domain admin account will not allow us to log into the system. It says bad username or password. We have specified the domain (domain\administrator) no change. The password is correct and you can even right-click run
as and have full admin access. The local account is disabled and renamed. We have attempted to log in it says the account is disabled but it is not disabled. Single 2008 SBS controller.  Resetting is not an option at this point. We are just curious as
to why this is happening on just this one system.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/78822a4c-518e-44ea-8009-5864b670b62b/domain-admin-password-does-not-work-on-one-system-only-to-login?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 95.89%

I need help, Im a Helpdesk Analyst for a company of roughly about 150 computers all running Windows 7. They are all in our active directory domain and all running TightVNC . Problem is that most of the newer PC's are on one Admin password and the older ones on a different Admin password. We need to place all the PC's under 1 Admin password for VNC. Note I am not talking about local Admin passwords I am talking specifically about VNC Admin passwords on those PC's. Can anyone give me an idea of how to deploy this change to all the computers in the domain without having to go each individual PC? Appreciate any help you can give me.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/130209-how-change-vnc-admin-password-all-computers-ad.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I get the following msg when I try to chg the Administrators password in win2k:

"No NetWare NDS trees were detected unable to perform change password operation."

then:

"You may need to change your password sepratelyon NetWare 2.x and 3.x Servers thatr are not a part of a password syncronization scheme use setpass (located in the system/public directory to do this"

Someone tell me what this means.. please? How to change my password?

thx

A:how to change Admin password in win2000??

What SP is on the W2K? There is a problem with passwords and Netware.

MS has a KB on it, that might get you pointed in the right direction: KB 322670.

The symptoms are : If you are logged on with User Principle Name (UPN) credentials (that is, [email protected]), NDS trees are not listed in the user interface for changing your password.

They say there are hotfixes, use the latest SP.

I'm not a NetWare person so can't help much more than that. If it's an MS problem I might be able to do more, or maybe we can figure it out together if no one else comes to the rescue.

Bob in Provo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-admin-password-in-win2000.224800/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi basically the issue is that because I've had this laptop for such a long time originally my dad set up the admin password to my old laptop but has now forgotten it and has no idea what it is I've tried so many combinations for when I admin change and can asking How password an it bypass the date I time? but we can't remember it This shouldn't be too big of an issue however my laptop had a habit of resetting the date and time every so often It now believes that the date is th November and because of this How can I bypass it asking for an admin password when I change the date and time? I cannot access the Internet at all All websites are listed as unsafe and I can't use any games that require internet connection When I try to change the date and time it needs an admin password I have tried running cmd exe and changing the date and time that way nothing I've tried starting with command prompt and using the net user commands but all access is denied There are two accounts one which is mine which is a normal user and the other is called Admin and belongs to my dad That's the one we don't know the password for My system is windows and the laptop is Asus Is there any way to get around this Can I somehow bypass the admin password with some software that is safe I've tried downloading this iSunshare software onto a hard drive and opening the program on the old laptop but it requires an admin password to run Thanks

A:How can I bypass it asking for an admin password when I change the date and time?

There is no way to bypass the admin prompt when performing action above what your user account has rights to.

Per the forum rules we cannot assist in circumventing or bypassing a system password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-bypass-it-asking-for-an-admin-password-when-i-change-the-date-and-time-961625.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I've been given an old work PC (Windows 7 Pro) and I'm trying to remove the password for my user account. My account has admin status and as I understand it I need to disable the "Password must meet complexity requirements" under password policy but I don't have access. Here's what I see: http://i.imgur.com/ZwR5Be8.png

Does anyone know a way around this? I tried to log in on the Administrator account as well but it made no difference... Thanks!

A:Unable to change the Account Password Policy as an admin.

Hello and welcome furtwangler I have been using some old education department machines and sometimes you can find this info out in the BIOS - have you had a look it there.

I found that the machines I worked on were set up in a very convoluted manner too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/276805-unable-change-account-password-policy-admin.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi! I have 2 users for now on my pc: Super admin and admin. For some personnal reasons, i want the user admin to have the rights to install software...have more rights..

But I don want admin to be able to change the super administrator's password: is there a way, strategy or something i can do to prevent this?

Thank you!

A:How to prevent administrator to change super admin's password?

There is no thing as a "super admin" in Windows, all administrators are exactly the same and have the same privileges. They have the right to install programs, and they need to be admins to do such things, but that also grants them the rights to do any system-wide change, like managing users and their passwords, at the same time.

What is your idea behind having two "levels" of admins? What do you plan to accomplish with that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340024-how-prevent-administrator-change-super-admins-password.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,
I have a Windows 8.1 system on a lap top that was used by a former employee. Her name was still on user name and I couldn't change it without Admin privileges (otherwise was asking for a smart card). Found out how to get in to admin in safe mode with Net
User Admin yes- then discovered that the old log in and information / desk top is no longer available. The docs are under Users (old employee's name) in C drive, but the docs and settings no longer show up and the admin log in is the only one available - no
option to change users.
When I went in and said Net User Admin no - thinking if I disabled admin user it would go back to the old log in -  there was no log in available at all.

Help?
Launa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56c281dc-3368-4418-93ac-3cd96832c513/enabled-net-user-admin-to-change-an-account-name-cant-change-name-and-now-origial-login-account?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,

Im putting a batch file together to be ran on all client computers in the company I work for, one of the things it needs to do is change the admin password on the computers to make sure there all the same. The problem is I cant put the admin password in plain txt in the file as users will be able to see it, it needs to be hashed or done by some other method. We aren't using AD here so it cant be done using that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the computers are all using XP.

Thanks

A:Need a batch file to change admin password on all client computers

You Can Use PsPasswd v1.22
http://technet.microsoft.com/hi-in/sysinternals/bb897543(en-us).aspx
Code:

pspasswd.exe @c:\computerlist.txt administrator mynewpassword

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-batch-file-to-change-admin-password-on-all-client-computers.720106/
Relevancy 91.59%

My grand kids use my laptop when they visit and I always go back through files after they leave and delete anything I am not sure of so I don't have performance issues As I do a JPG search of my C drive I run across some file icons supposed pics that only show a little blue icon that has what looks like a blue sun and nbsp mountains underneath it and and captions such as quot shades of blue quot or quot Pretty Peacock quot quot Sand Paper quot quot and quot Psychedelic quot several other captions I go through all the JPG pics and delete any that I don't want but cannot delete some of these type files I get a message that says quot You'll need ADMINISTRATOR permission to delete these files and I am the Administrator Even my security protocol profile lists me as the Admin What do I need to do to get it to allow me to delete unwanted JPG Thanks experts lt v shapetype coordsize quot quot filled quot f quot id quot x me How already Admin? I Admin lists do as to the change me it when t quot o preferrelative quot t quot o spt quot quot How do I change the Admin to me when it already lists me as Admin? path quot m l xe quot stroked quot f quot gt nbsp lt v stroke joinstyle quot miter quot gt lt v formulas gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f How do I change the Admin to me when it already lists me as Admin? eqn quot prod quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot prod pixelWidth quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot prod pixelHeight quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v How do I change the Admin to me when it already lists me as Admin? f eqn quot prod quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot prod pixelWidth quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot prod pixelHeight quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v formulas gt nbsp lt v path gradientshapeok quot t quot o connecttype quot rect quot o extrusionok quot f quot gt nbsp lt o lock aspectratio quot t quot v ext quot edit quot gt lt o lock gt lt v path gt lt v stroke gt lt v shapetype gt lt v shape id quot x i quot o ole quot quot style quot width pt height pt quot type quot x t quot gt lt v imagedata o title quot quot src quot file C Users Linda AppData Local Temp msohtmlclip clip image emz quot gt lt v imagedata gt lt v shape gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4079033a-9dfd-4359-a3fb-b3d2fdbbe0f6/how-do-i-change-the-admin-to-me-when-it-already-lists-me-as-admin?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 87.72%

Last night i received a virus, and when trying to remove the virus (in safe mode) i changed the guest account to have admin priveleges and i removed the admin from my main account. I have removed this virus, and now i can't seem to change the name of my normal account, or return it to an admin. can anyone help?

Relevancy 87.72%

My guest account is the admin. I can't change it back. I use the built-in administrator but it says "error 5 occurred" " Access Denied".

How can i change back to normal?

I have two accounts, one is for me and the other is from my sister. She don't want to reset back completely because she has many files that she don't wanna lose.

How I will fix it w/o losing the files? Please help me and I hope I'll get a respond to this matter.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/24166-my-guest-account-admin.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello all I went into log admin Am in somehow Guest can't User and now control userpasswords under quot Run quot and checked to not have users sign in or unchecked the box Now Windows XP loads automatically and when I noticed I couldn't download or Am somehow now Guest User and can't log in admin do anything I went to user accounts in the Control Panel and there is only ONE USER me as Owner but with limited access where did the other users go Why did it take away my admin access Now when I try to Log off and back in again it lists user as Administrator and asks for the password and when I type in the one and only password I've ever put in the computer it denies access I've even left it blank I can't access the quot forgotten password quot disk in my A drive because I can't start in Safe mode all I get is an endless loop of the computer coming back to the F screen and asking me what mode I'd like to boot in now what do I do Please help

A:Am somehow now Guest User and can't log in admin

You could try cracking the password.

Windows 2000 and XP passwords are stored in a file called SAM (Security Accounts Manager). It's located in the windows\system32\config directory. Passwords are encrypted and stored within SAM as a password hash. Passwords look something like this: 8F J7 F3 GK S3 lL O4 E1 G9. To figure out your lost password, you have to extract the encrypted hash from SAM and crack it.

If no one else has any ideas that are less drastic I'll let them post before giving in-depth instructions on cracking your password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/am-somehow-now-guest-user-and-cant-log-in-admin-25274.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

I set up a Admin account on my computer. I was able to access it, so I was using guess and remembered it when going cmd the control userpassword2

i accidently deleted the admin account at the point and now only have access to guest.

how do i fix this? Please help

Thank you and happy holidays.

Using windows 7

A:Admin/Guest Issues

If you did in fact delete the base admin account a repair install is probably your easiest out.
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/204679-admin-guest-issues.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Good afternoon I was sent here from someone suggesting this site as a means to address my problem I upgraded Guest/admin help account to windows from a copy of windows I have about or days ago Yesterday I tried installing a new program and it prompted me for the admin password before I could click yes to continue with the intallation I tried going to the UAC options to get by but I need the admin password to continue Here I see also that my account is a guest account I'm not sure why this would be since it's the only account I have on the computer at all I'm pretty sure I know the admin password one of three or four passwords I use but I'm not sure where to try them to check When I'm Guest/admin account help prompted to enter it there's no input field that I can see tried to take screen shot but it doesn't seem to like that when it's in the screen dimmed UAC mode thing Can anyone throw me a bone and help me figure out what's going on here I can supply system specs or other information if you should need them Thanks for your time -xFieldMedic

A:Guest/admin account help

I’m not familiar with Windows 10 yet but my observations are

The reason you are being asked for an admin password is because you are not logged in as an admin account as you noticed you are in a Guest account
--- Have you tried Switch user so you can log in to your admin account?

On the snapshot you posted, check Manage another account
--- You will see your admin account show up

You can also check out

Windows 10: How to set up and configure users accounts
http://www.howtogeek.com/224847/how-to-set-up-and-configure-user-accounts-on-windows-10/

How to View Full Details of All User Accounts in Windows 10
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3443-user-account-details-view-windows-10-a.html

How to Check if User is a Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5387-local-account-microsoft-account-how-tell-windows-10-a.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588520/guestadmin-account-help/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 86.86%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a program on a computer that requires, right now, to be RunAs Administrator under the Guest Account .... this is a public computer at a campground and the Admin account is password protected. I have a small DVR program with cameras that runs on this computer and it needs to be run under the Admin account ... ie RunAs
is there anyway to start this program automatically ? The kids keep shutting the computer down and when it is powered back up of course the DVR program does not start

thanks
ed

Relevancy 86.86%

Hey Im new to the forums Just wanted to post something I was working on I was going through my XP home system and making some security changes In the process I decided to create a dummy admin account My changes created some interesting affects I changed the administrator name to guest and guest name to administrator But left the admin now guest in the Admin group Also leaving the newly named Admin in the guest group This confuses XP badly Would it stump an intruder doubt it Slow them down possibly After setting the new passwords for both accounts I began to look into setting privelege limitations on the guest account I noticed in the User Accounts program that once I selected the new Admin going back or home was not an option I closed the program and restarted it Only to find the original Admin was no longer a selection The dummy was all there was I account as dummy Guest Admin rebooted the box and the new Administrator was the only login selection I entered password and on go I got a message stating the account was locked out contact your Admin So I punched in ctrl alt del x entered the real Admin login info and I was back at the desktop So I got to thinking if a Skiddy came poking around and took the time to crack the pass and attempt to log in they would be slightly Guest account as dummy Admin irritated As the account comes up enabled and on But on pass entry it comes up locked Also this method provides a level of physical security as well Any thoughts suggestions or similar to discuss Security Check List Reference http labmice techtarget com articles Guest account as dummy Admin winxpsecuritychecklist htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489001/guest-account-as-dummy-admin/
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm sure there must be a simple way to do this, but I don't know how. At the hotel where I work I setup the lobby computer. There is my admin acct and then the hotel guests acct, the latter is a windows "guest" acct. I would like to go into that acct and delete some things, but I can't figure out how to get admin privileges within that acct to do so.

Thanks.

A:Admin Privileges in Guest Acct?

hcour,

First, on the admin account, enable (temporarily or otherwise) UAC: User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

Then go into the limited account and change whatever you would like, with your admin user name and password handy.

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232496-admin-privileges-guest-acct.html
Relevancy 86.86%

First noticed this when trying to delete a folder the other day and have yet to find an answer - tells me that I quot require permission from S- - - - - - - to make to permissions, as Guest? be No Admin in logged appear changed to this folder quot Since then I've also run into issues installing programs where I lack the permissions to do so - I'm the original installer of Win and only person that uses my computer - have it set to automatically log in and go to my desktop on start up - I log out and my account is the only one in the user list - Tried someone's recommendation going into CMD Prompt and entering quot net user administrator active yes quot to show No Admin permissions, appear to be logged in as Guest? the Admin profile in the login screen but I get a quot System error quot returned to me no change in login screen - Cannot change security permissions for the profile itself - tells me I need to be an Admin to change those permissions - quot S- - - - - - - quot appears in the users list when I try changing the permissions to folders files and drives - Cannot change the level of security in my UAC or turn it off because once again I don't have permission to - User Accounts windows says quot Guest Account quot under my profile name Help anyone Big thanks in advance

A:No Admin permissions, appear to be logged in as Guest?

Quote: Originally Posted by SilentNoise

First noticed this when trying to delete a folder the other day and have yet to find an answer - tells me that I "require permission from S-1-5-21-515967899-96394560-1801674531-1003 to make changed to this folder". Since then I've also run into issues installing programs where I lack the permissions to do so.

- I'm the original installer of Win7 and only person that uses my computer - have it set to automatically log in and go to my desktop on start up.
- I log out and my account is the only one in the user list.
- Tried someone's recommendation going into CMD Prompt and entering "net user administrator /active:yes" to show the Admin profile in the login screen, but I get a "System 5 error" returned to me (no change in login screen)
- Cannot change security permissions for the profile itself - tells me I need to be an Admin to change those permissions.
- "S-1-5-21-515967899-96394560-1801674531-1003" appears in the users list when I try changing the permissions to folders, files and drives.
- Cannot change the level of security in my UAC or turn it off because once again, I don't have permission to.

Help... anyone? Big thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome

It seems like who ever set up that system (you didnt buy it new I assume) locked the permissions down for whatever reason. If the SU admin cant change the perms it might either be owned by trusted installer (sys proc) or the former owner locked even teh SU out.

Best way to get rid of it is (yep you guessed it) do a clean install with the win 7 dvd if you have it.

If you do have the win 7 dvd you can also try a repair install. Both these assume that you dont have a backup to restore from
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/45222-no-admin-permissions-appear-logged-guest.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I bought a laptop withWindows 8.1 for my wife and thought I would set it up with a guestaccount and then change it a normal user account after it was up andrunning. Unfortunately, I had not realised just how restricted theuser accounts are compared with W7.
So, my problem is thatwith this guest account I cannot do anything to create a normal useror admin account. I have spent hours and hours on various forumsfollowing supposed fixes without luck. Every solution that I haveread requires that you have a more rights than a guest account to fixthe problem... so a real catch 22 me thinks. I have long converted toAndroid and is a brilliant compared to windows.
Is anyone aware of asolution that works bearing in mind that with a guest user account Icant really do anything that requires any sort of permission. Noteven a reset/refresh, basically locked out!
Thanks in advance

A:Guest account no admin rights

Have you tried going into 'safe mode' to see if the hidden admin account is enabled?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/60605-guest-account-no-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 86.86%

When I turn on my computer now, I only get "guest" profile. I can not get anywhere with this. How do get my admin back?

A:Can only log in as guest... I need admin controls back.

Hi,
Do you have the installation CD? Have you tried to do a startup repair?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498260/can-only-log-in-as-guest-i-need-admin-controls-back/
Relevancy 86.86%

OK I killed it I guess Dunno how Here's where I am Windows Bit three user accounts Admin Ken and Guest Ken is an admin account it says here Oh yes I'm acct Guest but can My & can't Admin write DVD in China And yes the OS is genuine I wanted to copy some pictures over to DVD from our day-to-day life here in China but I've found My acct can't write DVD but Guest & Admin can that I can't do it There are things I can do but drag and drop Any File in to an open explorer window of my DVD drive is not one of them As soon as the icon moves into the explorer window's area the universal prohibited sign backslashed My acct can't write DVD but Guest & Admin can O appears on the icon and sure enough it won't copy if I drop it However iTunes can write to that disk all day and all night And I can make a System Restore disk correctly when I'm signed in as the user who can't do it in explorer Moreover if I switch users to Guest or Admin I can do what I want I can copy files to a blank DVD I made a new user account limited called DVD and sure enough that account can work with he DVD like I wish I could The available commands at the top of the explorer window vary depending on which user I am quot Burn quot is not an option for user Ken So it's not hardware because it works It's not software because that works too It's PERMISSIONS right Any ideas Now back in the murky past I believed some guy read it on the Internet so it had to be true and turned off or made manual several functions er things that weren't supposed to matter Maybe this has something to do with that but I don't know I hadn't tried manually making a DVD for months prior to today's episode so I can't tell you what I did before it stopped working So rather than a painstakingly slow investigation is there some way I can make user Ken's administrator account as good as user Admin's administrator account How can I see what user Ken can do that user Admin cannot or vice versa I guess I lose UIDs and PSWs if I just create another user don't I Outlook postoffice files and who knows what else will have to be changed if I do that I don't wanna do that Help Ken

A:My acct can't write DVD but Guest & Admin can

As a work around to the issue, download something like ImgBurn or BurnAware and use that. Much better than the built in burning function of Windows and gives a lot more flexibility.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-acct-cant-write-dvd-but-guest-and-admin-can-634927.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Okay so first of all Hello My Name Is has HELP. Powers Account Guest all NEED Admin Cesar I Run Windows Guest Account has all Admin Powers NEED HELP. I've tried the Local users group method and nothing work LINK http www ezimba com work C ezimba pngI Did add the snap in thing too and it wouldn't let me because it needs admin rights http www ezimba com work C ezimba pngBut here's the thing I'm the only one uses this computer and no one has access to it but me But i feel like it's a virus because every time i turn on my computer this program called Updater exe shows up i click on tasks manager and it shows up with http www ezimba com work C ezimba pngWhen i try to remove it it won't let me it says i need admin powers and just to clearify things my guest account is not at home screen either I've tried Safe mode and nothing I really need help because this Virus or something is really bugging me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576196/guest-account-has-all-admin-powers-need-help/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have six user accounts on my PC i have a big family but one of them can't login because quot The Group Policy Client service failed to logon Access denied quot error message pops up and we are sure the password is correct Also admin user? my is why guest only the account the guest account does not have a password it just logs in and takes a while to prepare the desktop after it has logged on there's a pop up message that says that the current account is temporary and can't acces any files and the ones created will be deleted once I log off This account is also the admin account and when installing programs a prompt comes up and ask for the password but there is none and all you have to do is press enter and it works as if you had actually input a password Also I cannot create or delete accounts because for some other reason acces is denied I have tried using the command prompt to change the why is my guest account the only admin user? password and tried several other commands but they don't work I have several limitations because of this problem and it seems to keep on getting worst any help is appreciated why is my guest account the only admin user?

A:why is my guest account the only admin user?

Which version of Windows 7?

I don't think the Guest account can have administrator rights, be an administrator. The actual Administrator account is hidden by default. You need at least one User set with administrative rights, shows as Administrator but others can be Standard users.
User accounts: FAQ - Windows Help
The number of Users allowed appears to be limited only by the amount of space available on the HDD.
user accounts: How many user accounts can I create? - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353184-why-my-guest-account-only-admin-user.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey I am really frustrated I suggested that on my grandmother's computer that there was a user account and an admin account Ok fine to guest set Admin account Problems with but when I got there to update windows and other programs I found out that the Admin account they set up was not a user account but the guest account I logged into this account to change the user account back to admin from standard so that I could make a new admin user account and delete the guest account The problem is that I Problems with guest account set to Admin cannot change the user account back to admin no error it just won't do it I cannot make a new user account because it gives me an error saying I cannot use the characters lt gt quot etc even though the account is just named Master I tried unlocking the hidden admin account in command but access was denied I am at a loss of what to do next The OS is Win - Home Premium Also when I went to update Adobe Air I was unable to because it told me I did not have permission even when I ran it as Admin could this be related I was unable to uninstall to do a fresh install of the updated version for the same reason Any help would be much appreciated

A:Problems with guest account set to Admin

Try to make the necessary change in Safe Mode. You may even try to access the hidden administrator in Safe Mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160195-problems-guest-account-set-admin.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I am Arun Kumar Kushwaha and I have discovered one Big Loophole Security Leak in Microsoft's Windows Operating System worldwide through which we can Access Delete Copy Replace Important Data without Cracking Resetting the Login Password in Windows OS and for this we not need any can windows want user locked login I is access (locked microsoft with password) to Admin/ know account we know OS rd party Software CD DVD Pen drive CMD Script or any other means of hacking Devices tool only through Windows OS we can Access anybodies Computer Around the world and user will never get to know that his her computer has accessed by someone else This is purely Microsoft's Negligence towards user's Around the world I want to know is microsoft know we can access locked windows OS (locked Admin/ user account with login password) U can assume how much serious is this Issue if anybody can steal confidential Important data of Company Govt data or any other Sensitive Personal data of anyone who are using windows OS I have Talked through telephone to MS India regarding this Issue and they told me that there is no loophole in their OS and can't be accessed by anyone without having Login Password or User need to Reset login Password with tool software available also i have mailed to MS Technical support Team and also asked about this issue on Windows worldwide official support forum but not get any meaning full response from them I am asking this message to here coz i want to Spread this issue around the world so every user can secure their Data and also MS can rectify this issue by releasing an OS Update Thanks for reading Your's Truly Arun Kumar Kushwaha

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5bb2b05-44c4-40de-9de5-f98791edc8bf/i-want-to-know-is-microsoft-know-we-can-access-locked-windows-os-locked-admin-user-account-with?forum=mata
Relevancy 86.43%

I tried opening a game (League Of Legends) and it wouldnt let me. This isnt my problem though. After it wouldnt open, I messed around with the Troubleshooting on my computer, and after this (I'm not entirely sure what I did, but I do know this was all I touched) I suddenly need the admin password to open the game. I did not need it before. Any explanation and a possible way to fix it, as I dont want to ask my father to put in the admin password every time I wish to play.

Thank you

A:Need help with Admin and trying to figure out what i messed up

Hi and welcome to TSG.
If your dad is the Admin on the pc it would be best to ask him what you may have changed, in 'Troubleshooting' the pc.
Then we can keep away from interfering from a distance and maybe adding to the problem.
Does that make sense to you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-admin-and-trying-to-figure-out-what-i-messed-up.1142858/
Relevancy 86%

Hi. I was experimenting one day and I accidentally made my guest account an administrator. Is there a way to undo this? I just don't want to make another standard account because I feel like it's eating much space in my Hard Drive and files and programs are doubling. Somebody help!

A:Guest Account with Admin Privileges. How do I undo?

hi and welcome toTSF go start and at the top right you will have a little picture click on it that will take you to user accounts if your logged in on your account as admin you can change the account type for your guest account

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/guest-account-with-admin-privileges-how-do-i-undo-374827.html
Relevancy 86%

Just last night I was trying to go onto the internet but kept getting the same message "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly."

I checked my guest account and its fine (since I am able to post right now). I am not sure what to do -i checked the firewall status, and did a system restore for a couple of days ago. No website will work under administrator account and it does not say the file is corrupt or any scrary messages...what could be the problem?

I use windows 7 home edition....

A:Admin internet wont work but guest does...

Can you go into device manager on the admin account, and remove (uninstall) the drivers for the internet card, then click "scan for new hardware" for me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/128222-admin-internet-wont-work-but-guest-does.html
Relevancy 86%

Dear people of the Tenforums I could use your advice On Saturday I decided to give new Windows Admin from User Guest Account reduced to it picked Home Edition by itself a try Previous version was Windows After a flawless install I have seen that something on my C partition is using a lot of disk space It was Windows old file which I have successfully deleted by using Disk Cleanup But last night I see Windows old has reappeared back which is quite a surprise so I wanted to delete it again But now UAC blocks my every effort because User Account quot doesn't have Administrator User Account reduced from Admin to Guest permission quot The Yes button User Account reduced from Admin to Guest in the UAC is greyed out I can only click No which leaves me where I was The Account is User Account reduced from Admin to Guest reduced to what appears to be Guest Naturally I ended up more or less completely cut off from making any serious alteration to anything I can't delete folders of importance change account status back to Admin nothing I can only use the computer Another issue is that my otherwise empty D partition has files one of them is named quot WindowsImageBackup quot they together take more than G of hard disk space As a Guest it's impossible to open or access them to see what's in them let alone delete them Does anyone know what they are I know that Win is supposed to delete Windows old by itself after days I hope quot WindowsImageBackup quot too but is there any way for me to solve the issue of account status - to return to Admin - and do it by myself alone as soon as possible It all seems like some bug or something it's quite frustrating and I tried to do a Repair Install but as a Guest you're pretty much stuck

A:User Account reduced from Admin to Guest

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

I suggest you try to enable the built in administrator account, log out and then back into the new admin account and then see if you can change your user account back to being an administrator account.

Here are the tutorials you will need to do this:

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Account Type - Change in Windows 10

Notice that there are several options for doing each change - you may need to try more than one before you find the one that works for you.

Hope this helps!

Phil

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37320-user-account-reduced-admin-guest.html
Relevancy 86%

So I dont know what the heck happened but on my desktop computer I have been locked Admin to lock then guest acc out... any changed ideas? acc out of everything My only account it Home it WAS administrator but Admin acc changed to guest acc then lock out... any ideas? now its guest I cant make any changes or do anything that requires administrator privileges unless I get a UAC box where it says Yes No at the bottom but yes is grayed out unless I quot enter the administrators password quot which to my knowledge I have never set one I have tried the back door of changing rights to this account failed opened cmd prompt to enable the hidden administrator failed Tried burning programs such as quot Offline NT quot and quot OPHCrack quot to CD and bootloaders from usb failed quot Offline NT quot starts to work starts loading drivers then all of a sudden I get a psycho screen that looks like the matrix and at the bottom of it all says quot Kernel Panic - attempting to kill ini quot and looks similar to this THIS IS NOT THE SCREEN JUST SIMILAR LOOKING HIEROGLYPHICS quot OPHCrack quot works until its supposed to load windows then freezes on black screen so without completely reformatting because i never set a backup im hooped any ideas thanks Phaze

A:Admin acc changed to guest acc then lock out... any ideas?

Hello 403Phaze,

You might see if you may be able to enable the built-in Administrator account using OPTION TWO in the tutorial below.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

If successful, sign in to that account to then change your account back to an administrator type.

User Account Type - Change in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/68498-admin-acc-changed-guest-acc-then-lock-out-any-ideas.html
Relevancy 86%

The folders in the Guest are shortcuts of my originals but with out Open Office properties. I will save and try to put them back in Admin account. What do I do about the unknown guest?
I turned on view all files and discovered them which may have been going on for some time without my knowledge. Have taken permission of short cuts and waiting for your advice and help. Or it just hapened with a chat session trying to install a NvIdia driver.
W7sp1
Avie

A:Guest Account has Admin folders as shortcuts

Hello Avie, I am afraid I am not sure what you mean in your above post ^?

I got a little confused. Do you mean that you are sharing folders and/or sharing public folders and the guest account has access to files stored in them? I do not know of any other way in which the guest account can access Admin account folders. If so, type "Change advanced sharing options" without quotes into the start menu search bar, and select options to NOT share public folders and NOT share folders and printers. In addition, make sure you DO select password protected sharing to force a password requirement for all network connected computers in the event you decide later on to start sharing (added security).

If I missed the mark, please explain further. Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/223152-guest-account-has-admin-folders-shortcuts.html
Relevancy 86%

Hey, so no matter what I try, I can't get the program Miro to open in my actual account. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple versions of the program, but none of them will actually open. The only thing that has worked is by running it as an admin from the guest account, however, all of the files that I need are on my actual account.

If I double click or right click then hit "Open", I'll get the circle near my mouse that says it's working, and there will be a spike in my CPU usage, but nothing will appear. When I run task manager and look at processes, Miro will appear there, but I am unable to see it.

If I try to run as admin from my account, I get the same result.

Any advice?

A:Program won't open unless run as admin from guest account

Hi backtoback, Welcome to Seven Forums.
Uninstall with Revo Uninstaller Portable - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com using default settings. Then do this. Installing.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/199789-program-wont-open-unless-run-admin-guest-account.html
Relevancy 86%

I have a guest account that is programed with admin powers through cmd.exe and i was wondering how i could undo it?Thx.
PS:i tried undoing it the manual way from control panel it doesn't work.

A:guest account programed with admin HOW TO UNDO?

Hi and welcome to TSF see the info here it is for vista but should work Guest Account with Admin Privileges. How do I undo?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/guest-account-programed-with-admin-how-to-undo-576008.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi there, I have setup a guest account on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and noticed that after logging in to the guest account, I am able to access my own account folder (admin account). This is wierd as this should not happen. Any user logged in to the guest account should not be able to see the contents of the admin account.

How can I prevent this from happenning? Can you also suggest any third party software that can do this?

Thanks

A:Preventing Guest from accessing Admin account

Hello werty.

I think the contents that are viewable to the guest account are the "shared folders", or is this incorrect? The guest account should not be able to see all your files and folders, only shared folders and public folders, according to your settings in "advanced sharing options" (Found by typing the phrase without quotes into your start menu search bar).

If you do not want that function, make sure to turn off public folder sharing and file and printer sharing, and make sure you turn password protected sharing ON (so a password is required for any networked computers as added security).

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/223038-preventing-guest-accessing-admin-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Like the title says I mean WTF It was a custom that a so-called friend of the family conned my mother into buying at inflated prices I checked Told my mom not to trust him but she felt sorry for him because he just lost his job working for a company that make computers Loser actually has the balls to act like I am a idiot that don t know anything about computers speaking to me like I read two account admin CDs the can from not my from I accounts. but Guest XP other Home am a baby This isn t the only problem I have but most of the others are manageable I had to put in a new RAM chip because the one he place in was only had megs added a gig RAM chip from best buy and a new sound card because there was no sound card I can read CDs from my XP Home Guest account but not from the other two admin accounts. Anyways I can see the disk drive in I can read CDs from my XP Home Guest account but not from the other two admin accounts. my computer and it knows when there is a cd in there I have to manually access the files or exe for installing things like Microsoft Office in Guest it basically does not autorun when a cd is place in but I don t even get that in my admin accounts It either sits there doing nothing or it tells me to insert a cd when I try right clicking on the disk drive in the I can read CDs from my XP Home Guest account but not from the other two admin accounts. admin accounts EDIT I am pretty sure that this problem has something to do with the OS or at least part of the software because I have taken the drives out and placed them in another computer before Unfortunately the guy that made the thing refused to give me the OS installion disk Didn t bother to put a CD image on there either

A:I can read CDs from my XP Home Guest account but not from the other two admin accounts.

You could try this fix:http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben...p;x=12&y=13

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298158/i-can-read-cds-from-my-xp-home-guest-account-but-not-from-the-other-two-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have windows vista. i have a admin account, and guest. i tried changing my resolution and made it to high for my monitor while logged in as admin. now it says out of range. however, it will let me sign in as guest and use the computer. only the admin account gives me this error. i have tried: safe mode, i have tried low resloution reboot, i have tried unplugging cords and starting comp, then plugging back in. When i plug my vga cable into my old pc monitor they both work fine. what do i got to do to get my monitor working again!!!? Please help.

A:Olevia 'out of range' error on admin account, not guest..

Connect the old monitor and set the resolution back to whatever it was before.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/olevia-out-of-range-error-on-admin-account-not-guest/13816.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I only have one account on my recently installed Windows and accidentally from User type account changed Guest to Admin managed to change the account type from Admin to Guest in User Accounts Now I am not able to run any programs User account type changed from Admin to Guest that require administrator password The popping up window says quot to continue type an administrator password then click yes quot However it does not give me any option to enter the administrator password and the button quot yes quot is disabled see attachment Also at the logon I don't have an option to User account type changed from Admin to Guest choose any other account than the one that used to be admin but is now guest I feel like I entered a loop because now User account type changed from Admin to Guest I am not able to go back to User Accounts to change it back Are there any options for me to change the account type back to Admin It had all worked fine before but I changed my hotmail password recently and was not able to start Windows without entering the password any more so I wanted to adapt the password in User Accounts I did not find that option so left User Accounts must have then accidentally changed the account type still not sure how but since then I am not able to enter it back since I cannot run any programs as administrator Thanks for any help Piotr

A:User account type changed from Admin to Guest

Hello Piotr, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If you like, you could try refreshing Windows 8 to see if it will set you up another administrator account. You may need to do so at boot. Be sure to back up anything that you do not want to lose first though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/22180-user-account-type-changed-admin-guest.html
Relevancy 84.71%

When I rebooted, after installing SP3, I have only a guest acct. I can't do anything that requires an administrator account. How do I get it?

Also, previously I had a link to TSG on Menu bar; now I don't. How do I get it back? Doctorj

Relevancy 84.71%

From winxp pro sp3 guest acct need emergency access to admin acct. cause i have no keyboard driver was deleted from device manager. (runas /user:Eric cmd.exe)Eric = admin i type my password and receive runas error: unable to run cmd.exe: error 5 access is denied. I believe my seclogon serv. is disabed if this is why I am unable to use runas how do i start this service without admin rights in dos. On screen keyboard is all I have and carpel tunnel real soon.

A:Solved: From WinXP Guest acct can't use Runas Admin

guest account never has any admin access
haven't you got a standard user account on that computer

If you shut down, unplug keyboard reboot, then you will get an error message, warning of no keyboard and it won't fully boot
shut down again, reboot again and windows should install a default keyboard driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-from-winxp-guest-acct-cant-use-runas-admin.1072443/
Relevancy 82.99%

This thread was about the August 14th "Patch Tuesday" patches causing this issue but I have since determined IE7 is the culprit. It is the most bizarre thing i have ever see in all my years of computing. Whatever IE7 did to the machine, even un-installing IE7 and reverting back to IE6, still keeps the system change that is causing this behavior to occur. It is certainly not the Group Policies as disabling them doesn't make a difference. What I need now is a tool that can show me a "before and after" of all changes that have occurred to figure out what's getting broken.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/guest-users-cant-mount-a-usb-drive-after-ie7-is-installed-requires-admin-rights.613194/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey all first post here I noticed some very bizarre behavior with the most recent slew of MS patches from August th Prior to the August th updates Guest users of our lab computers could plug in after Admin 14th a patches. user mount Requires Guest August rights. USB can'n drive a USB drive have XP SP fully patched to July recognize it and it be accessible from Explorer or My Computer After the August updates were applied it now asks from a username and password of an account that has Admin rights This never did this before so I am wondering what the heck is going on Event Viewer shows nothing it s not a Group Policy setting as nothing has changed on the Local Policy I Guest user can'n mount a USB drive after August 14th patches. Requires Admin rights. even disabled it and rebooted plus gpudate force If I give Admin rights to the Guest account it does work but Guest user can'n mount a USB drive after August 14th patches. Requires Admin rights. that is obviously not an option as the machines I m dealing with run with guest rights Anyone got Guest user can'n mount a USB drive after August 14th patches. Requires Admin rights. any insight or clue as to what s going on or how to remedy this other than uninstalling the patches Thanks for any tips and help nbsp

A:Guest user can'n mount a USB drive after August 14th patches. Requires Admin rights.

Have you tried setting the Guest up as Power Users? For the USB drive are you talking about thumb drives or flash drives? I ended up changing the drive letter (after plugging the flash into the USB) to X (you could use whichever letter you don't currently use) because students and teachers were having problems accessing their thumb drives. This solved the problem for us.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/guest-user-cann-mount-a-usb-drive-after-august-14th-patches-requires-admin-rights.612804/
Relevancy 80.84%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm using Windows 7 Pro. I have remove the login pw in my user account now I do not need to do the login and able to use the computer right away. But I found I am using the computer as a user not administrator. How can I skip the login screen and go straight into desktop as administrator. How can I do that? thanks

A:Windows 7 Pro login as admin but no need to have login screen

Hello Smash, and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm a bit confused with your conflicting statements.

You say that "...now I do not need to do the login and able to use the computer right away.", but then ask "How can I skip the login screen and go straight into desktop..."?

Just to be certain, do you have to log on or not?Log On Automatically at Startup
Are you asking how to log on to the built-in Administrator account to have full access and control?

Hope this may help for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224172-windows-7-pro-login-admin-but-no-need-have-login-screen.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I just purchased a new lenovo v570 laptop runing windows 7 home premium.

I scanned an image using my Epson NX 400 usb all-in-one printer. Then I tried to save it to my external USB enclosed sata drive. I haven't had any problem like this before. They said, I didn't have permission. I am running the laptop as an administrator. What other permission do I need? Antivirus and firewall software is all up and funny functional.

A:Scanned Image Using Windows Paint. Asked For Admin. Permission, but I am on Admin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanned-image-using-windows-paint-asked-for-admin-permission-but-i-am-on-admin.1051243/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone I have a problem with my windows xp home system The thing is that I recently created a new admin account and deleted the old one from windows while deleting the old account the pc froze up and i had to restart it VERY BIG BAD NEWS as admin? the?! What login Thing is everything was fine Till i checked windows accesories start programs accesories almost every windows services programs where gone i used norton sys works win doctor and many other tweak and checer programs and nothing comes up on them and in fact none of the lost files is essential I still have the important ones like sys restore and others The bad things came up when i try to do things like removing programs from autostart msconfig since windows deny my request and says i should login as an admin but i dont even have a guest account Please if anyone can help me with any ideas login as admin? What the?! that do not include reinstalling windows or formatting my pc its a sony VAIO and windows can only be ejecutable in the machine CD s and it automatically formatts the pc I will be grateful Thanks in Advance and excuse my engrish its not my mother tongue nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

We have 3 computers all running Xp, just did a buncha windows updates.
Now when I turn on my pc I get the Amin login screen, I do not need to type in a passwod, I just hit enter or login and it's fine.
I never uses to have this screen start up, now I do though. There's only the 'admin' profile to choose, no others, I even tried disabling my 'guest' profile but this made no difference.
It's not the end of the world, but just like to avoid this extra step, any ideas?
Thanks
Will

Relevancy 78.69%

Is there any way to eliminate having to click on the "Admin" box or the "Switch User" box in order for Windows to finally start? I'm sorry but I just hate to have to make a click or keystroke for no useful purpose.

BTW, I stumbled across the way to turn off the User Account Control and that's a great improvement. The machine is a new Laptop running Vista Home Premium.

C.B.

A:Admin box at login

Hi,
Are you saying you want to bypass the login page and go directly to your desk top?
If so, select the start orb and type
RUN in the search box and hit enter
Then type "Control Userpasswords2" without the quotes
Then select your user name and THEN
uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a user name..."

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-box-at-login-363438.html
Relevancy 78.69%

please help i have a problem with loging into my admin account when i try to it says User profile Service service login failed to load or somthing like that im currently using a standard login account and when i try and change settings to my admin through a standard login account it asks for a password i type in my admin password and nothing happens i went into safe mode then accessed my admin account Cannot into login my admin Get in start i typed msconfig then clicked on selective start up then clicked to clear the option load start up items then clicked on service tab and clicked to select all microsoft services and then clicked disable Cannot Get into my admin login then ok and restart then did the same thing only clicking to check half of the remaining boxes in msconfig in services then repeated it untill there was one left and its still doing the same thing same message pops up when i try to log into my account i dont know if this matters but i have a windows starter

A:Cannot Get into my admin login

Hello Katariana, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to fix this user profile error. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. I'll be happy to help.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/152531-cannot-get-into-my-admin-login.html
Relevancy 78.69%

We have some users who have been given administrative privileges on local machine. One user in particular, for her job, is downloading several programs that she needs to do her job. The ones set up with Install Shield install nicely. The ones install using .msi require me to go to her machine, log in as me, and install them. The network admin is out of town, could be reached and could adjust her user account in AD if it were absolutely necessary. But is it? Is there something that can be done in either the registry or somewhere on the local machine to let her install .msi installations?

A:msi needs admin login?

Are you sure they were given local admin rights & not power user rights?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-needs-admin-login.568952/
Relevancy 78.69%

OK I'm an idiot I was settingup my mothers laptop becuase she ones again got a virus on it So I was putting parental controls so she couldn't use is as an admin i mad her a standard user I thought i'd be nice and hide the adminn acct by disabling the administrator via cmd exe quot net user administrator active no quot Now I want to install some additional programs and I cannot enable the administrator login because the UAC settings do not allow me to turn the admin ON In the command prompt it says quot type administrator password and then click Yes quot but when login admin help I type the password the quot Yes quot button remains gray and I cannot click it so it does not allow me to login as admin so I'm stuck only able to login as a user but not the admin I know my admin password butI still can't log in as the admin Please help Amal BKA

A:admin login help

Quote: Originally Posted by nesamoh

OK I'm an idiot.....
I was settingup my mothers laptop becuase she ones again got a virus on it. So I was putting parental controls so she couldn't use is as an admin. i mad her a standard user.... I thought i'd be nice and hide the adminn acct. by
disabling the administrator via cmd.exe "net user administrator /active:no". Now I want to install some additional programs and I cannot enable the administrator login because the UAC settings do not allow me to turn the admin ON. In the command prompt, it says "type administrator password and then click Yes." but when I type the password the "Yes" button remains gray and I cannot click it, so it does not allow me to login as admin, so I'm stuck only able to login as a user, but not the admin. I know my admin password butI still can't log in as the admin...
Please help,

Amal
BKA

BKA

can you boot into safe mide?

If you have the win 7 dvd you can boot from it to doo a reapir install.

You dont by chance have a backuo we can restore from?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/60523-admin-login-help.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My computer is not even a year old It is well protected by virus spyware ad - aware spam pop up mal-ware scanners even an optimizer Recently I just had added a standard account for my husband It worked for about a week He then reported to me But Login Admin Cant To Anything that he would sign in the windows screen will pop up then the screen will show as Logging Off then go back to the main screen that lists all the account I tried to fix it by doing a system restore but it only worked for that period But once I restarted the computer it was back to the way it has been We also decided maybe just opening the guest account amp he would use it but the guest does the same thing What I tried System Restore - as far as possible Back Up amp Restore - Don t have a disk with enough storage space Delete amp Re Create User Account nbsp

A:Cant Login To Anything But Admin

Perhaps there is spyware doing it. Try booting in to safe mode with networking and running a malwarebytes scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-login-to-anything-but-admin.1022637/
Relevancy 78.69%

After having to format one of my hard drives and reinstalling WindowsXP, when I boot it has me select a person to login....but I'm the only person there. Is there a way to disable it, so I just go to desktop, and don't have to hit enter by my name each time?

Thanks.

A:Login Admin.

Run "control userpasswords2"
Then uncheck Users must enter a password...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-admin.180952/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone,

My computer was logging into the administrator account automatically when the computer started. To fix this problem, I typed "net user administrator activate:no" into the command prompt.

When I started the computer again, a little window popped up saying that it could not log in and to make sure the domain and password were correct. When I hit OK, it continued to the welcome screen and the administrator account was not there.

Perfect... until I went to find out where the admin account had disappeared to. I booted the computer into safe mode (the little message came up again and I clicked OK) and clicked on the admin account. Then it asked for the password...

I tried "admin" and the two other passwords that I had previously used. None worked. What could the password possibly be?

A:Admin login

You set the Admin password when you install windows, but you can leave it blank. So maybe the password is just blank

i'd just use http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/ to create a boot disk to make a new password

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-login-237326.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me.

Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've downloaded Google Chrome as my default search engine with no issues. I've attempted several times to download Google Earth. Download fails: "Google Earth needs administrator privileges to install."

I am the only user on this PC and User Account type indicates that I'm the "Administrator".

Why won't Google Earth install?

A:Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

Hello and welcome!

Sometimes you have to run the installation file and deliberately make it "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting this option. Not sure if this is the case with Google Earth but worth a try.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33461-google-earth-wont-install-admin-privileges-required-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
I'm new to Windows 7.

I'm still trying to master the file permissions.. I need some help and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I have a folder with mp3s (created with my old Windows XP system). I've included this mp3s folder in the "my music" library and then I inspected the folder and took ownership of it together with everything it contains (following instructions I found on the Net).

Nevertheless, when I'm trying to delete or move a file I get the message that I need to provide administrator permission! But I thought I am both administrator and owner...

Also, when listen to the songs with WinAmp, it seems I cannon save any song data. I get: Cannot save metadata: Error opening file.

I suppose, it's an aspect of the very same problem.

What am I missing?

thanx.

A:I need admin permission to delete/move file (but I'm both admin/owner)

Take a look on the properties of the folder see if you have an unblock button . If you do click on it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/297001-i-need-admin-permission-delete-move-file-but-im-both-admin-owner.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 78.69%

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

A:Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 78.69%

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 77.83%

When I try to turn on the laptop it says "enter administrator password or power on password" then when I try the only passwords I know for my laptop it says "system disabled 86381856". I don't know what to do or how to fix it and I saw that on a few other threads you were able to help people with the right thing to type in and was hoping you could help me as well cause I'm going crazy trying to solve the issue!! Thank you so much!!!

A:Enter admin password or power on password blue screen

Hi, Enter  39089298 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Enter-admin-password-or-power-on-password-blue-screen/td-p/5766411
Relevancy 77.83%

Right before this problem happened, I had suddenly experienced a weird screen glitch and knew to restart my computer. Now, it asks for a BIOS admin or power on password which I did not set. What the heck is going on, and what could I do to fix this??  --WHAT-I-HAVE-TRIED--I have tried "12345"I have tried a blank fieldI have tried "biosPower"-------------------------- --COMPUTER-INFO--Product: HP Stream Notebook 11 (no touchscreen)Product version: 8.1 (x64 architecture)---------------------- If I need to put any more info, just ask.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:BIOS "Admin Password or Power On Password" needed for startu...

@GlitchMasta47? At the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a halt code - enter this on the site below. https://bios-pw.org/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-quot-Admin-Password-or-Power-On-Password-quot-needed/td-p/5543273