Windows Support Forum

need help getting my A7n8x with xp2400+ configured

Q: need help getting my A7n8x with xp2400+ configured

I can't seem to figure out how to set up my multiplier and frequency without screwing things up. I don't have any experience at all with fsb's and cpu frequencies. I've already updated the bios to ver1007 and checked jumpers but still no luck. When I first bought it. on the first boot it showed up as an XP 1800 and the ram running at 100mhz. I have a brand new stick of DDR400 and cant get the memory freq above 200. I'm not even sure how fast anything is supposed to run. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: need help getting my A7n8x with xp2400+ configured

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: need help getting my A7n8x with xp2400+ configured

You will find all the info you need in the following threads :

1. Underclocked cpu on the A7N8X-D
2. Tips for builders
3. The ASUS A7N8X-X/A7N8X/A7N8X Deluxe Thread

In summary, you'll need to set your multiplier to 15x & FSB to 133. Run the Ram in Sync with the FSB ( 133mhz / PC2100 ) & you're good to go.

If you have other questions, make sure to use the Search Function in case it has allready been aksed & answered.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-my-a7n8x-with-xp2400-configured.9192/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have an A7N8x Deluxe mobo with XP2400cpu. I would like to know the correct FSB settings, etc, for stable operation.
At present my system reads the cpu as an XP1500 or XP1800, what do I need to do to read it as an XP2400?

A:Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo with Athlon xp2400

Go into the bios, set the cpu external frequency under advanced chip set options to 133, that should do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a7n8x-deluxe-mobo-with-athlon-xp2400.123382/
Relevancy 59.77%

The ASUS A N X-X A N X A N X Deluxe Thread This thread I hope will help those having problems with this board amp those who are considering it as a next hardware upgrade Let s start with the ASUS A7N8X-X Deluxe Thread / A7N8X / The A7N8X High-End version of this board - The A N X Deluxe - Link to The ASUS A7N8X-X / A7N8X / A7N8X Deluxe Thread the ASUS Webpage Processor Socket A for AMD Athlon XP Athlon Duron MHz Thoroughbred Barton core CPU ready Chipset The ASUS A7N8X-X / A7N8X / A7N8X Deluxe Thread North Bridge NVIDIA nForce SPP Ultra South Bridge NVIDIA nForce MCP-T FSB MHz PCB or earlier version need BIOS update The ASUS A7N8X-X / A7N8X / A7N8X Deluxe Thread Memory Dual-Channel DDR x -pin DIMM Sockets Max GB unbuffered PC PC PC PC non-ECC DDR RAM Memory Twinbank Expansion Slots x AGP Pro X V only x PCI IDE Ports x UltraDMA Serial ATA Silicon Image Sil A Controller with ports Support RAID Audio Realtek ALC CH w built in HP amplifier Integrated APU Audio Processor Unit SoundStorm Dolby Digital AC- Encoder LAN Ports MCP integrated NVIDIA MAC Realtek BL PHY MCP integrated Com MAC Broadcom AC L PHY Ports MCP-T Integrated IEEE a Realtek PHY B Special Features Post Reporter Power Loss Restart Q-Fan Technology STR Suspend-to-RAM C O P CPU Overheating Protection CPU Throttle Back Panel I O Ports b x Parallel x Serial x PS Keyboard x PS Mouse x Audio I O x USB x S PDIF out x Surround L R audio jack x CNTR LFE audio jack X RJ Internal I O Connectors x USB connector support additional USB ports CPU Power Chassis FAN connectors Game Connector pin ATX power connector IDE LED connector power LED connector x Connector x SATA Serial ATA Connector WOR WOL Chassis Intrusion SM Bus SIR Headphone optional Front MIC CD AUX Modem audio in Front Panel Audio connector optional BIOS Feature Mb Flash ROM Award BIOS TCAV PnP DMI DMI Green Industrial Standard PCI USB Manageability DMI WOR WOL Chassis Intrusion SM Bus Support CD Drivers ASUSR PC Probe Trend Micro PC-cillin anti-virus software with Windows XP support ASUS LiveUpdate Utility Accessories I O Shield SATA Cable -port USB Game port bracket User s Manual UltraDMA cable -Port Bracket FDD cable UltraDMA cable -pin COM cable InterVideo WinCinema optional WinDVD WinRip WinCoder WinProducer software Form Factor ATX Form Factor quot x quot cm x cm Click to expand Pictures Top View Back View Bundle View PS Please refrain from posting in this topic until the description posts are finished nbsp

A:The ASUS A7N8X-X / A7N8X / A7N8X Deluxe Thread

Revisions

There are 1.01,1.02,1.03,1.04,1.05,1.06 & 2.00 revisions of this board. 200FSB AthlonXP's are supported by the revision 2.00 ( or by the 1.xx revisions starting from the 1004 BIOS -> Link ).

How to tell which revision you have.

The revision number can be found between the 2nd & 3rd PCI slot.

Ram

This board is very picky when it comes to Ram. Although you can get it to work with some generic Ram, it's not advised.

The nForce2 chipset performs best when the Ram is running in sync with the FSB. If your FSB is set to 166, in the BIOS set the "Memory Frequency" to [Sync]. Make sure the Ram is capable of running at that speed, of course. You do not want to run PC2100 Ram at 166mhz. This applies whether the board is running in Dual-Channel or Single-Channel mode.

Performance is also much better when running the Ram with very aggressive timings. You can get some no-name PC2700 Ram & run it at PC2100 speeds & get better performance ( & eventually better stability ).

Running the Ram in Dual-Channel will only bring a small performance extra due to the aging K7 architecture, but if you can get extra performance for free, why not ?

If you happen to use it in Dual-Channel mode, setting the "T-Ras" or "Row-Active Delay" value to high values such as 9/11 will result in better performance ( this only works in Dual-Channel mode ).

In order to get the best performance in Dual-Channel, it is better to have the same amount of memory on borth channels. For example, if you have 256mb on the DIMM1 & 256 on the DIMM2 ( Channel 1 ), you'll get the best performance by installing a 512mb module on the DIMM3 ( Channel 2, the furthest from the Socket ).

This table is taken from Hardware.fr

If your BIOS is version 1004 & up, setting the Ram modules correctly will result in the mention Dual Channel Mode being posted on the system's power-up.

Here's a list of Ram modules that have been approved by ASUS to run in PC3200 mode with this board.

Code:
[b]DIMM Vendor | DIMM Part No. | CL | Size | Side | DIE Vendor | DIE Part No.[/b]
Samsung | M368L6423DTM-CC4 | 3 | 512MB | Double | Samsung | K4H560838D-TCC4
Samsung | M368L3223DTM-CC4 | 3 | 256MB | Single | Samsung | K4H560838D-TCC4
Adata | BDMA83A | 2.5| 256MB | Single | Winbond | W942508BH-5
TwinMOS | MDoubleTTUF08108L294K4FW0/T | 2.5| 256MB | Single | TwinMOS | TMD7608F8E50B
Winbond | W9451GBDB-5 | 2.5| 512MB | Double | Winbond | W942508BH-5
TwinMOS | | 2.5| 512MB | Double | Winbond | W942508BH-5
TwinMOS | | 2.5| 256MB | Single | Winbond | W942508BH-5
Kingston | KVR400X64C25/256 | 2.5| 256MB | Single | Winbond | W942508BH-5
Corsair | CMX512-3200C2XMS3202 v1.1 | 2.5| 512MB | Double | |
This table does not mean other brands/types of ram will not run at PC3200 with this board.

Update : list of ram modules known to show stability issues

Kingston ValueRam PC3200 CAS3 -> KVR400X64C3A/512
Stability issues when all 3 memory slots are populated & even 2 slots in some cases.
Send me a PM if you know other Ram modules known to have problems with these boards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-asus-a7n8x-x-a7n8x-a7n8x-deluxe-thread.7934/
Relevancy 52.89%

Guys,
Im wondering if anyone has a solution to his problem I have.

I have the following problem.

I have bought a AMD XP2400+ CPU for my computer. It runs fine @ 1.5ghz (detected as XP1800+) when M/b is set to 100mhz CPU CLK Freq.

However when I set m/b to 133mhz CPU CLK Freq it detects CPU fine (as XP2400+ 2000ghz). But just after the windows XP startup screen disappears and its about to load the user menu the computer restarts.

I have the following hardware im hoping someone can offer a solution. I have already updated the BIOS and have the Via 4-1 patch for my motherboard.

Motherboard - Giga-byte AMI BIOS GA-7ZXE FA
CPU - AMD XP-2400+ (previous AMD T-Bird 800)
2x 256mb PC133 SD Ram
XP Professional Installed
Thanks in advance guys!

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello there guys,

I've just purchased the above CPU and I'm trying to install it onto my current motherboard. So far no luck.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the BIOS settings may need updating or 'flashing' prior to installing this type of 'thoroughbred' CPU.
If this is my problem - how is this done in Windows XP (SP1)?

My mobo specs, I think, are:
chipset - VIA Technologys VT 8363
board - 8363A-686A
bus speed - 133Mhz
BIOS - Award 6.00 PG

Cheers
Currants

Relevancy 52.03%

This is just plain wierd I ve just replaced my old X2 V than XP2400!?!? 64 running slower AMD - AMD Wierd mobo CPU RAM and graphics card with the following setup AMD Athlon X Dual Core MSI K N SLI Platinum Gb DDR RAM GEForce GT Thermaltake W PSU Windows XP and it now runs most progs slower than my old system but interestingly it rarely gets above CPU power My old setup was an AMD XP CPU with a Gigabyte GA- VAXP Ultra mobo Gb of DDR V Wierd - AMD 64 X2 running slower than AMD XP2400!?!? RAM and a Sapphire Diamond Viper II graphics card The progs that I most notice the slowness on are when unzipping in WinRAR and using QuickPar And the CPU is barely using of its processing power when its running these progs my old PC would max out It takes about mins to unrar a V Wierd - AMD 64 X2 running slower than AMD XP2400!?!? Gb file That must be wrong for a dual core CPU to run slower and take this long Here s what happened My old PC just died one day and I couldn t work out what it was There was no POST beep and no video display at all I metered the PSU and there were volts on all the right pins of the ATX connector and all the fans were working I guessed it was either the CPU or the mobo so I took this as an opportunity to upgrade and replaced the mobo CPU graphics card and RAM I checked the compatibility of the new CPU with the new mobo and the new RAM with the mobo before I bought it all I put it all together and tried to boot XP Since I was using my old SATA drives with the OS already on one partition XP failed to load so I booted up using the XP setup CD I didn t use the first repair option but chose to install XP then you get a second option to repair which is what I did It took about mins and then booted straight in to XP I then removed all the old drivers using add remove programs and then installed the mobo and graphics card drivers I then went online and downloaded the latest versions of those drivers and the latest BIOS Then I flashed the BIOS I ve since run a full virus spyware scan with ZoneAlarm Ad-Aware Spybot S amp D and Windows Defender and it came up with nothing other than a couple of bits of low risk spyware The only wrinkle is that my W PSU only has a pin ATX connector where my new mobo has a pin ATX connector - but I plugged it in and it works Could this be an issue I ve run a Passmark Performance Test results attached but I m not sure whether it s good or bad since I didn t run one on my old system Anyone have any ideas as to what I can check or do to get the most out of my PC Is there any way I could check if there are any driver conflicts There are no yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager Any suggestions gratefully received Cheers Simon nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

just installing a new mother board with a XP2400 proccesor. Can do everthing but have no idea about the dip switch settings. at the moment its set to default or automatic. I cannot for the life of me understand the charts given in the gigabyte manual. can someone explain to me what the dip switch does and how I am to use and set these?
Cheers
Alastair

A:XP2400 proccessor in gigabyte GA-7VT600 - dip switch settings

Looking at the Thermal and Electrical Specifications document from AMD shows that the Athlon XP 2400+ has a an actual clock speed of 2000 MHz (2 GHz). The effective front-side bus (external) clock speed is 266 MHz, but the actual front-side bus speed is 133 MHz. As can be seen from the table in the CPU specs, the 2400+ has a multiplier of 15x. So the external clock is multiplied by 15 to get 1995 MHz (approx 2 GHz).

On page 10 of the GA-7VT600 manual, the setting for SW1 (CPU CLOCK) is referring to the front-side bus clock speed. If the CPU front-side bus clock speed is 200 MHz effective (100 MHz actual), the switch should be set to on. Otherwise (as is the case with your 2400+) SW1 should be set to off (auto).

If you have the GA-7VT600 1394, additional switch settings are shown on page 10 of the manual. The table with CLK_RATIO (for the CK_RATIO switches) simply refers to the clock multiplier of 15x. When SW1 is set to off, the settings of the CK_RATIO switches are ignored and have no effect.

Note that the motherboard BIOS setup utility shows actual clock speeds, not the effective ones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp2400-proccessor-in-gigabyte-ga-7vt600-dip-switch-settings.218625/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am swapping my board A N X-X with the Asus A N X-Deluxe this Tuesday from my bro I really don t have much time or room for trial and error or any downtime so any opinions would be welcomed What I have in 2.0 A7N8X-Deluxe and swap A7N8X-X mind is to just do an ASR reinstall on both Windows XP machines after the swap ANDOR just boot them or just non-deluxe as Normal So far my google findings are that A7N8X-X and A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0 swap I A7N8X-X and A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0 swap need to install the SATA SI drivers at Windows installation for my machine Will the ASR process have the F option those rd party drivers Should I even bother with those drivers at reinstall since I don t ever plan on having Windows on those controllers BUT I want to use those SATA controllers for more storage as non RAID in the near future We also use the identical NV drivers nForce drivers and SB card so I forsee an issue with my brothers machine at just normal boot I probably have a hr window and I kind of want to do this seemlessly Thank you in advance nbsp

A:A7N8X-X and A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0 swap

yea!ToPOT said:

We also use the identical NV 67.66 drivers, nForce drivers and SB card so I forsee an issue with my brothers machine at just normal boot.Click to expand...

CORRECTION: I DON'T forsee an issue with my brothers machine at just normal boot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a7n8x-x-and-a7n8x-deluxe-2-0-swap.324775/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just upgraded my mother board chip and ram from a 1.1ghz with sdram to a 1.93Ghz also an athlon with 512 ddr. Do I need to reload windows XP pro? Does windows keep track of that info for some reason or is it just ganna do the same thing it did on the 1.1 but faster having a faster chip and the bus pushing stuff around faster?

A:Upgrading from 1.1 Athlon to a 1.92 Athlon XP2400 need I reload windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-from-1-1-athlon-to-a-1-92-athlon-xp2400-need-i-reload-windows.179902/
Relevancy 39.13%

First mistake, I previously had a third party wi-fi program installed, VZ Access Manager to be exact. I recently set up a router, secured network, and my laptop cannot connect. It can't even connect if I remove the encryption and security. I removed the third party software, enabled wireless zero config service, and still nothing. I pick up my wi-fi on my IPhone, my other laptop, and my netbook. On Windows XP WiFi, it says "cannot detect/refresh wireless networks, if you are using a third party program to detect wireless networks, please use it." It says that even with the third party wi-fi program removed. With the VZ Access Manager, it says "incorrect data entered, must be 40 to 140 bit encryption key" whenever I try to use my password. It works for anything else except this one laptop. It runs on XP Pro: Svc Pack 2. Please, any advice would definately be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-my-wi-fi-configured-484782.html
Relevancy 38.7%

One one of my computers has Windows installed on Drive? BCD Configured on Need Different Help: my C drive and working fine My problem is when Need Help: BCD Configured on Different Drive? using Norton Ghost Need Help: BCD Configured on Different Drive? to backup the C drive I get a message in Ghost stating In the previous panel you selected a drive with applications that are configured to use one or more of the drives below To help with a successful recovery you should add all related drives It shows that my F drive has the Boot Configuration Database on it or using it in some way and Ghost needs to include that drive so if I need to restore C I'll have everything I need The problem is the F drive is where I archive my backups and it is very large so I don't want to include with the C backup How can I fix it to where the BCD is either on the C drive or a smaller partition used only for the BCD My C drive has partitions - C has the system boot page file active crash dump primary partition D primary partition E Primary partition F is a different physical drive set active primary partition Any suggestions that will help me change where the BCD is at would be greatly appreciated FYI I installed Win on a different PC at bit but it doesn't have the BCD on a different drive than the boot drive or at least Ghost doesn't warn me about including related drives like it does on the PC I have issues with

A:Need Help: BCD Configured on Different Drive?

do you have the 100MB system reserved partition? If yes, then give it a letter through Disk Management (right click Computer in the start Menu and click Manage) that should allow ghost to see where the BCD really is, if not, then download EasyBCD and see where it says your BCD is stored, if it is actually on F (and its quite possible its not) then i will walk you through changing it

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84201-need-help-bcd-configured-different-drive.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I just logged in to my hp account. I found my registered desktop computer listed in my account. I would like to view it's configuration. Thinking of buying a new desktop. Is there no way to call up how it was originally configured?    All the response I got was: Your product?s warranty expired on November 28, 2011. Dispute this   Which seems like a rather belligerant response.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-is-my-p6680-configured/td-p/5664209
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi, I use HP MSM 760 AP Controller in my company.Some access points are not seen in Synchronized tab. These AP's does not work.I checked to all Configured APs tab, that seen some access points are detected as "No".All network is working.All network cables checked.There is not a problem network.What can i do? Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/MSM-760-quot-Configured-APs-quot-Detected-quot-No-quot/td-p/5721887
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a LAN connection, which I am trying to share through my wireless ad hoc network.
On trying to share the LAN, I get the:
"ics cannot be enabled LAN already configured" error

I tried changing the WLAN to have an IP of 192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0 but I still get the same error afterwards.
Any ideas on how to solve this?

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : sympatico.ca
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Con
roller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-22-DE-03-0D
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.104
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 07 September 2010 19:23:09
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 14 September 2010 19:23:09

Ethernet adapter TAP Adapter:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : TAP-Win32 Adapter V9
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-63-0C-D8-7C

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Networ
Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-CE-D3-04-21

A:ICS cannot be enabled, LAN already configured

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : sympatico.ca
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.104
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Ethernet adapter TAP Adapter:

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ics-cannot-be-enabled-lan-already-configured-512352.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have configured my gmail to come into my incredimail box
Now the only trouble is two copies come in can't find how to get it so only one comes in .
the original still stays on gmail as it is supposed to , all help would be appreciated , thank you .
xp professional sp2

A:Email Configured

When you forwarded the email did you choose "Send a copy to.." or did you select "Moved this email to.."?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96808/email-configured/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have Windows 7 Professional x64, and a Xonar DS

I have been searching over and over on how to fix this, but VLC and all my games are defaulting to 2.0, Yet I've set all the options I can find to 5.1.

As you can see everything is set to 5.1, but VLC is still defaulting to 2.0/Stereo even though the Movie has 5.1, and I can force the option each time I play a DVD and get it to work fine.

In HL2 and Counter-Strike Source when I force it to detect my speaker layout it defaults to 2.0

Why is Windows lying to all my apps about it's current configuration?

Please can someone help, I'm about to tear my hair out with this.

A:All my apps think I have 2.0 configured but 5.1 is set

Set the Environment to "Room", and then try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/234600-all-my-apps-think-i-have-2-0-configured-but-5-1-set.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have computers - Toshiba satellite p s i windows home - Dell XPS i windows pro Very simply I want replace the Hard Drive in the New Dell XPS system with the Hard Drive that was in the Toshiba which i have configured Replacing my with configured new my HD... HD already I have had my Toshiba for a almost months now and I have configured it exactly how I want it Music production recording software photography apps etc The problem is that I Replacing my new HD with my configured HD... wanted more processing power so I got a new comptuer Dell XPS It took a while to get everything up and running and I don t want to have to re-install everything from scratch P S Replacing my new HD with my configured HD... The Toshiba Satellite is a really nice computer I got it from an insurance settlement They took every piece of electronic equipment i owned but I just don t think it will be sufficient for Professional recording I used to have a Dell XPS and it was stolen That s why I bought another one nbsp

A:Replacing my new HD with my configured HD...

Not going to work for a few reasons;
1 Unless the windows install on your toshiba is a retail and not oem, it violates the eula.
2 Different hardware. The system will not boot unless you follow a procedure outlined at the top of the forum.

In short, you need to install the os and apps on whatever system you want to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-my-new-hd-with-my-configured-hd.1061414/
Relevancy 38.7%

Using FF 3.6.10.

Can the menu bar be configured?

I would like to remove the "History" pulldown option from the Menu Bar.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

A:Can FF Menu Bar be configured?

Try this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/710/

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/115914-can-ff-menu-bar-configured.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Upon trying to open forms from websites I get little prompt in bottom left corner once clicked I get "click to run not configured". How do I fix this annoying little message?

A:Click to run not configured

Welcome to Seven Forums JoeyRC. That almost sounds like a Microsoft Office issue, can you post screenshots of the prompt and the click to run error?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/325973-click-run-not-configured.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I just plugged in a Logitech headset w/ mic into the back of the pc in the correct jacks. I want to use the headset for voice chat on Yahoo. In the set up on yahoo it asks what speakers I want to use and the only available optioin is my default speakers.

I have poked around in the contorl panel but didn't see anywhere to designate the headphone jaack. Do I need to enable the headphone jack somewhere? i can't get any sonud out of the headphones, just the speakers. The mic works just fine.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

A:Can't Get Headset Configured Properly

Hi WitsEnd.
Go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Volume Tab.
Under "Speaker Settings", click the "Advanced" button.
On the Speakers tab select headphones from the "Speaker Setup" drop-down menu, click ok.
Let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81773/cant-get-headset-configured-properly/
Relevancy 38.27%

hope i don't confuse - here's question:
win. xp/Earthlink isp server/Outlook Express Mail.
Last year, the new computer came bundled with Norton AV but i uninstalled it and installed CA E-Trust Security Suite 2006 that offers Email Protection also...

Earthlink offers Email Virus Protection via Norton - but so does my Security Suite via Etrust ...do i need both? i just disabled Earthlink's EMAIL protection because i was under the impression it's not good to run two 'similar' programs...(Security Suite's plus Earthlink's email virus protection)
I do not have Earthlink's other 'protections' running i.e. a/v, etc.
and have disabled Windows Firewall since Security Suite has it's own also.
thank you in advance for your advices - edythe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/am-i-correctly-configured-for-a-v-protection.585060/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,
I've been doing some reading but I still do not understand and so I need someone's help. I did copy and paste my operating system below.
I am constantly getting "no site configured at this address" when I try to access Yahoo.
I also constantly go to tools, internet options, delete my cookies etc.. but that still does not help.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P540 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3834 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 458602 MB, Free - 354198 MB; D: Total - 18032 MB, Free - 2577 MB; G: Total - 99 MB, Free - 88 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 144E
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,
Can any one please help me. I'm a novice really I guess but my problem is this. My Dell Vostro lap top is telling me that I have 12 important updates to install. Each time I attempt to install them the installation gets so far then the lap top tells me that the updates were not configured correctly and that it will revert the changes. It's annoying as the updates appear to be largely security based and.....well frankly I'd like to have them .....................HELP.......Paul (wouldbegolfer64)

A:Updates not be configured correctly

do the updates ONE at a time & see if they take & find out which one is failing

What OS have you got

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-not-be-configured-correctly.987730/
Relevancy 38.27%

I bought a 13.6 HD that has UDMA 66, but I was reading my Board specs and it only mentions UDMA 33,and I previously had a 1 gig that is now the slave,and it does not have UDMA, so the new drive is in there right now, I pretty much just popped it in and went on with my ignorant self.but anyway I would appreciate it someone could point me into the right way thanks alot.

------------------
ICQ# 51865388
AOL IM daveandrew v1

A:How do I get a the UDMA controller configured?

Please just reply to your original post, don't start a new one.

Closing duplicate.
http://www.helponthe.net/tsgbb/Forum9/HTML/002046.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-a-the-udma-controller-configured.32505/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello When I launch IE at first it appears fine but after surfing or two pages it then repeatedly gives me the Server Not Found page When I disconnect and relaunch IE it gives the following message ERROR The modem or other connecting device is not modem use configured or in Error=633 in use or is not configured properly Also at times the Dial-up connection box opens with the dialing program identified as PCHButton exe There is a quot Modem Lock quot application supplied by BT which protects against rogue diallers but this will not hold the enable setting I have run adaware spybot and avg and found adware spyware and viruses all of which now seem to be clear I have also updated from the Microsoft site as far as I can though I have had some problems I'm not sure why It is a legal copy of XP as it downloaded a verification procedure and went ahead I had also begun to download SP but I use a Dial-up and I might get it downloaded by this time next year When I connect to the Internet the automatic updating seems to run as I can see it in the Error=633 modem in use or not configured system tray but it never seems to complete Here is the HijackThis log -------- thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files BT Yahoo Internet ModemLock exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System ctxsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C PROGRA HPPAVI Pavilion XPHWWBP plugin bin PCHButton exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C HJT hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http gb hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-gb hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http bt yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http bt yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http gb hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www btopenworld com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - URLSearchHook no name - A F- EFA- - - F - no file O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar BT Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run Hot... Read more

A:Error=633 modem in use or not configured

Hello Raggedy,

Please copy this page to Notepad since you will not have any browsers open while you are carrying out these instructions.

---------------------------

Go to My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->View tab:
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading:
* select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
*Also, make sure there is no checkmark beside Hide file extensions for known file types.
* Click OK.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.

Run a scan in HijackThis. 'Check' each of the following if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://uk.red.clientapps.yahoo.com/c...rch.yahoo.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {965A592F-8EFA-4250-8630-7960230792F1} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pjaimjxdto] C:\WINDOWS\System32\erdfhjzn.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [velmp] C:\WINDOWS\velmp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adstartup] C:\WINDOWS\System32\automove.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [t32] C:\WINDOWS\kltse.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jawa32] C:\WINDOWS\jawa32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Jawa32] C:\WINDOWS\jawa32.exe

Click 'Fix Checked' and close HijackThis.

Delete the following Files if they still exist.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ erdfhjzn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ velmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ automove.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ kltse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ jawa32.exe

Reboot into Normal Mode

Perform an online scan using Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Check Now & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and wants you to buy the program for removal as we will address this later.
Click on see report. Then click Save report
Please post that log in your next reply along with a new HijackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/error-633-modem-in-use-or-not-configured-90689.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys my network is about pc and i have two servers My DC is running DHCP and the network is working ok i recently had to add a wireless access point in the office downstairs configured is the properly? netgear my usual address range is x and the netgear is on and it has dhcp running i have one pc now plugging into the access point and then the access is the netgear configured properly? point going into the wall where the pc used to go everything is working PC plugging into is the netgear configured properly? access point and access point itself But my questions are this shouldnt the access point have say available for its LAN address and should the netgear not be using DHCP assigning its own addresses to connecting clients or is this usual i tried changing the LAN address to but it complained about the WAN subnet being the same or something now everything is working but im just worried about the config and if its wrong what problems it can cause any tips or help appreciated PK nbsp

A:is the netgear configured properly?

Its doing exactly what it should, however that isn't what you want it to do. You need to assign the Netgear a static IP address in the 10.0.0.x range but outside the server's DHCP scope. Then you need to disable DHCP on the router completely. Lastly disconnect the Ethernet cable from the WAN port on the router and connect it to any of the LAN port. This will turn the unit from a router to a wireless access point that will pass DHCP IP address assignments from the server and it will create a single network rather then running two networks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-the-netgear-configured-properly.1019637/
Relevancy 38.27%

i cannot open facebook, google.com.ph, and other sites. only the google.com.qa works.
your help will be greatly appreciated. thank you

A:help! No site configured at this address

follow advice here and post the logs those programs make

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-no-site-configured-at-this-address.1074401/
Relevancy 38.27%

System:
Asus P4 P800-E deluxe motherboard
American megatrends bios
Pentium 3.0GHz,
Win XP Home, SP2

Ive just installed a Sata drive in my system.
In the bios, Sata configuration has 2 options:
a. configure as IDE
b. Configure as RAID
Currently its configured as IDE.
Is this correct and am I getting the best out of my SATA. Are there any jumper settings to be done on the drive? Are there any other bios settings needed?

A:SATA drive configured as IDE!

This is normal. Many newer MOBO SATA controllers can be configured to emulate an IDE interface if RAID is not being used, thus making it not necessary to install RAID drivers by pressing F6 when installing Windows. If you are not installing multiple drives in RAID, choose IDE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-drive-configured-as-ide.573002/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a wifi router and broadband connection. after configuring my router i am not getting internet connection even the login page also not appeared. When i connect the lan directly to my comp, then its very much ok, fair internet connection. I thought there was some prob with my router. But when i tried that router to my neighbor's computer, and configured, then its working flawlessly. Likewise i tried in some of my friend's comp. And each and every try was successful. Its work everywhere. That's means my router is ok. My internet connection is ok, my desktop is ok. But still i couldn't get connection through this router. I have tried every possible configuration, including mac changing. But the result was zero. Please help me with some magical solution.

Relevancy 38.27%

Good day everyone I am a server and network administrator for a very tiny firm for a year odd already We have Domain Controller server Backup running acronis management console and Symantec Endpoint Protection server and other application server - all are having manually ip ip configured with conflict static ip conflict with manually configured ip manually configured IP addresses However during one of our recent application server reboot it pop out an alert stating there is a conflict with some others on the network I have checked through all the machines and have ensured all are having different ip address I proceeded to check the Event Viewer for more information and it showed a particular machine having certain Ethernet Mac address causing the conflict I went on to individual machine and fired up the CMD and issued getmac v to get it s ethernet mac address and found the culprit - let s call this Server G I went into Server G Network Connection gt LAN settings gt TCP IP to change the IP address To my surprise the IP address is showing the correct address intended for Server G - I have also ensured no other machines having the same ip address No mistake - on Server G I opened up the CMD and check the ip address by ipconfig all and to my horror it showed a different address than the one input into the LAN Settings TCP IP windows What happened If this issue has been resolved by another thread please kindly point me to it I will follow up from there If not will anyone kindly advice me from here nbsp

A:ip conflict with manually configured ip

odd but try a stack reset. May not help, but won't hurt.

TCP/IP stack repair options.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

Failing this come back with operating system on Server G and post the ipconfig/all and if possible a screen shot of the LAN TCP/IP screens?

Oh and sorry if this is obvious but there are not 2 lan cards on the server? One part of motherboard maybe and the other a NIC PCI card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-conflict-with-manually-configured-ip.910691/
Relevancy 38.27%

Basicly my router was configured to turn off at 10:30. Which is redic, How would i change it so its always on?

It's a ZyXel Router - P66OH Series.

Thank You. It's been bugging me for months.

Relevancy 38.27%

hey
im new to this and an completely lost with trying to fix my laptop
i turned my laptop on yesterday and was met with a black screen, i cant get into my desktop at all as everytime i try to load windows normally it freezes up on a black screen, even if i try safe mode it lists a bunch of stuff then freezes up, i cant launch windows repair either a sit just lead sme back to teh launch windows repair or load normal option

currently i have it sitting without the battery in and just running off the lead and the screen says
Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer
this seems to be as far as i can get

ive tried looking around online the advice is way over my head, is there a simple way to fix this problem or am i f***ed?

A:Updates were not configured correctly - HELP

I have had this happen to my personal laptop, I ended up upgrading the vista with a spare copy of 7. I don't know what happened of what the cause was. But I had the same symptoms, just a black screen and could not run the repair option from the cd (xp and vista).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-were-not-configured-correctly-help.959284/
Relevancy 38.27%

Just started getting this error message trying to go to facebook. It won't let me on that site at all. Please help???

Relevancy 38.27%

When I came back to my computer after installing updates this evening and then restarting I had a screen stating Updates were not configured correctly Reverting changes Please do not restart your computer As you can see by the screenshot below there were only two updates that didn't fail I Googled and researched configured not Updates were correctly a little I ran the Microsoft FixIt for Windows Update and it reported Updates were not configured correctly as shown here I downloaded a couple of the updates that failed thinking to try a manual run and see what happened When I clicked on the file it showed quot Searching for updates quot and just kept running that with nothing ever happening I decided to do a System Restore After that was complete I ran sfc scannow and it reports that no integrity errors were found After the System Restore Updates were not configured correctly was complete the Task Bar again showed that I have updates to install minus the that were successful the first time I am going to start installing these doing just one at a time and see what happens I wanted to document this all while it's fresh in my mind If this doesn't work I will come back and beg for some help Hopefully I'll be able to come back and report that the updates installed

A:Updates were not configured correctly

Even tho no one has answered this, I will post and finish it off in the case that it might help someone else. After my System Restore I went ahead and re-installed the updates, 1 and 2 at a time, and everything installed successfully.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304251-updates-were-not-configured-correctly.html
Relevancy 38.27%

getting this error message while trying to go to website that i frequently access. It won't let me on that site anymore..

here is the specs of my computer

ASUS A43S series

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1952 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 784 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 307199 MB, Free - 164256 MB; D: Total - 382602 MB, Free - 373670 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K43SD
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

please help thank you

A:No site configured at this address

hiya is it just this site,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-site-configured-at-this-address.1070092/
Relevancy 38.27%

i hope i am in the write forum(plz direct me if i'm in the wrong one...)... !
i have a "HP pavilion" HP pavilion dv2913cl ( this is wat it said on the bottom, however on the screen i have dv2000 ! its refurbished )

so the laptop originally had windows vista 64bit, but i installed WINDOWS 7 64bit.
However this is my problem : in the "device manager" there is always these "other devices"->/1.Base system device (!)/2.Base system device (!)/3.Coprocessor(!)

anyone can help me ?? define these things or i don't know what ?
is this a problem ? might this cause a game to go out to the desktop with this msg "nvidia recovered from an error..." cause this sometimes happens and i have the latest Nvidia driver installed...and all windows updates are installed to.
hope u can help ...

A:Devices not well configured !! help... (using hp/win7)

Hello,

I did a Google search for find unknown devices, and I came up with this link: Unknown Device Identifier - Freeware Download

Go ahead and give that program a try. If it works well for you, I may add that in my bookmarks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/60792-devices-not-well-configured-help-using-hp-win7.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have recently swapped-out my "C" drive after 4 dependable years of the original (OEM) equipment, after which the original HDD failed.  Everything is now functioning, except I cannot 'see' the HDMI out port.
I am using this XPS 17 702 laptop as a music server, and would like to take advantage of the HDMI port to increase fidelity of the music from the server.
What I have done:

Add all drivers (recommended by Service Tag) on Dell site
Ensured the 'Sound devices' shows all, including disabled/disconnected.
Downloaded 702 BIOS and used F12 on boot-up to configure it (there was no HDMI port setting)

I suspect that the problem is with the BIOS/settings, though it is certainly not obvious.
Any help to get my HDMI port configured for Audio out would be appreciated.

thanks in Advance!!
Joe

A:HDMI (Audio) Out not Configured

Hello. See the HDMI Audio FAQ for all of our instructions and tips on setting up HDMI audio. There is no BIOS setting that I know of. Usually the problem is wit the the graphics driver, which controls HDMI audio.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19679309
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I have configured and setup ATA, but I don't have any data (Users, Computers etc.) I can only see (Entities recently Learned = 1 domain), nothing more?

What is missing in my setup?

Nb. No error in the Center folder but this in the GW folder:
2015-11-03 12:38:53.4862 1860 5   00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Error [KeyedObjectPool`2] Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.ContractException: Contract exception
   at Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.Utils.KeyedObjectPool`2..ctor(IReadOnlyCollection`1 keysToItems, Int32 maxSize, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Action`1 itemRemovedCallback)
   at Microsoft.Tri.Gateway.Resolution.DirectoryServicesClient.OnStart()
   at Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.Framework.Module.Start()
   at Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.Framework.ModuleManager.OnStart()
   at Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.Framework.Module.Start()
   at Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.Framework.Service.OnStart(String[] args)

Moelmer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2dd628a5-7044-4d23-8ae1-e60167cb8759/ata-installed-and-configured-but-no-data?forum=mata
Relevancy 38.27%

When starting my Dell, Inspiron running Vista Home something I get the following messages,

configuring updates stage 1-3 - 0% complete do not turn off your computer

updates were not configured correctly reverting changes

The computer then restarts and then repeats the messages. I found some earlier posts about this but they had all expired and I was advised to start a new post, so this is it.

I hope that somebody can help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-not-configured-correctly.880402/
Relevancy 38.27%

How to fix DNS is not responding i am on the internet it is configured but not responding.

http://downuptime.net/24.51.108.8.htm

Google cache checker results

# Links Status
1 gumroad.com/i95rozeroyce Not Cached
www.bahamasitesandsounds.com/22
Aug 2016 19:46:53 GMT
www.facebook.com/ingrid.rolle1Not
Cached
www.facebook.com/Bahama-Soundz-Online-Buy-Bahamian-Music-Here-239921279680226/Not
Cached
www.facebook.com/RozeRoyce/Not
Cached
www.facebook.com/i95RozeRoyce/Not
Cached
www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=bahama%20best%20links%20for%20bargains29
Aug 2016 10:54:59 GMT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9_uvwnDL-0&list=PL7D85AF5E3A7A326B&index=5Not
Cached
9 bahamasites.blogspot.com/ 28 Jul 2016 19:15:24 GMT
10 plus.google.com/u/0/+IngridRolle/posts Not Cached
11 bahamasitesandsounds.blogspot.com/ 15 Aug 2016 05:17:13 GMT
www.facebook.com/Ebay-rozeroyce-1483937718578818/Not
Cached

ingrid

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4697903c-c669-4f02-b304-84362acbb1b2/windows-is-configured-but-dns-is-not-responding?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 38.27%

Can the new TravelMate P648 and 658 series of notebooks be configured with internal HDDs?   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/TMP648-658-configured-with-HDDs/td-p/449470
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello. As the title may have suggested, I have been experiencing in these past weeks problems with the internet. Purely random, only I get disconnected from the internet, with reboot being the only 'temporary' solution. In the event logs I see errors that look like this one: Name resolution for the name Google timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
My laptop is Acer Aspire E1-572G, windows 8.1, and in the first year since I bought the laptop, I didn't have any issues, this is something recent. Thank you for your time and assistance.
Here is my ipconfig/all :

A:None of the configured DNS servers responded

Try Troubleshooting-

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70017-none-configured-dns-servers-responded.html
Relevancy 38.27%

our windows have been rebooted and have no sound device. Kindly help of how to install a new sound device

A:windows configured again...no sound

Open Control Panel/System/Device manager and see if a sound driver is present. If not, you'll need to download it from the PC maker's site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-configured-again-no-sound.837316/
Relevancy 38.27%

I am trying to install the Update for Windows Driver Framework version 1.11 (KB2761494) and after three attempts, and a long and frustrating four to five hours of waiting for each attempt, I would get this message at the last minute:

"Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer."

Does anyone have a solution for this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

-A.

A:Updates were not configured correctly.

Hi
I researched about this issue and found the following two links which might help us in fixing the issue:
updates were not configured correctly. REverting changes.

Error: Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer when you try to install Windows Updates

Perform the steps mentioned in above link and post back the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/299088-updates-were-not-configured-correctly.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I have an Epson Stylus Colour 680 which is being reported by Win2K as being "configured incorrectly". I am not able to load its drivers because of this. I have no idea what the problem could be, unless I have a cable attached wrongly somewhere.

Its printer port is set at LPT 1.

It's green light comes on and it chugs, then the red light appears.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Bye,
Penny.

Relevancy 38.27%

I've recently installed a copy of Office 2000. I've installed it on previous machines, but when i go to use Outlook 2000, it stops and tells me that "The Operating System is not presently configured to run this application". Any suggestions? I do like Outlook 2000 and would like to continue using it. Outlook Express does not work either, and I can't get anyone at Microsoft to give me an answer as to how to re-install OE, which is what it asks. I bought the computer new and the "Boot Disk" is a partition on the drive.

e-mail: [email protected]

Relevancy 38.27%

Here's a problem that's fairly simple to explain.

I have a laptop with two HDD's in RAID-0 configuration. The motherboard died, and I want to back up the data before I send it to the manufacturer for repair.

Is there a way to do this, or is it impossible?

A:Getting data off HDD's configured in RAID-0

Raid-0 is a big risk as far as data loss goes, if one drive fails you loose everything. After the motherboard is replaced the system should continue to run from the drives you have without any data being lost. You could simply remove both of the drives before you send it for repair.

As far as I know, any back up software will see this Raid setup as one single drive so even if you create a back up you will not be able to restore it to the Raid set up, it will have to go onto one single drive.

To take a back up of the drives you would need to connect them both to another PC and use software like Acronis True Image. I must add that this is only a "may be" as I am not sure if this will work with a RAID-0 configuration when the drives are hooked up to another PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-data-off-hdds-configured-in-raid-0.165732/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all First post on this forum and I was wondering if you could help me out with this I m a programmer not Want configured it's know to - optimally if Computer New as much of a hardware tech guy Here are the specs New Computer - Want to know if it's optimally configured for the computer I just built Motherboard Asus P Z -V LXProcessor Intel i k Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X-Series x gb mhzInternal Storage gb primary SSD tb secondary HDD So I installed Windows -bit on the SSD which is a nicer Samsung can t remember for sure I ve installed the latest drivers for everything Since the SSD has limited capacity I ve moved all my quot libraries quot my documents and everything over to the HDD Basically I want to know if I have this setup configured for optimal speed without purchasing anything else yet like liquid cooling etc and efficient use of the SSDs limited storage capacity The only other thing I could think of was moving all program data over to the tb SSD and leaving behind symbolic links I thought for sure this would New Computer - Want to know if it's optimally configured work but I ended up borking Windows BADLY and just ended up reformatting reinstalling Are there any big performance or efficiency related tweaks I could accomplish with this hardware and basic setup nbsp

A:New Computer - Want to know if it's optimally configured

In terms of optimizing speed, putting all core programs on SSD and keeping all non-essentials on HDD is what you want to do. When it comes to tweaks, you won't find many at the hardware level besides overclocking. But, there are all sorts of tweaks you can do within windows 7 to get a little bit of extra speed. Here is a decent guide you can check out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-want-to-know-if-its-optimally-configured.198075/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have windows XP home edition. We are trying to hook up a Saitek R80 racing wheel. We have it connected to the computer on a USB game port adapter. In my game controllers- I am trying to add the steering wheel-when I click the add button, a message comes up "Gameport drivers are not configured Please consult Device Manager." I went into the device manager, and went under sound video and game controllers. There is not an entry that refers to a gameport device in any way. Please help me to figure this out. I have been trying it on my own for 2 days now.

(our computer is a Compaq s3030rk)
Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gameport-drivers-are-not-configured.284233/
Relevancy 38.27%

I ordered a computer from CyberPower last November I ve unuseable as Computer configured never been able to get the computer to run properly My son is an electronic tech he tested and troubleshooted for me I talked to CP techs three times Twice I couldn t understand what they were trying to Computer unuseable as configured tell me they had accents and were just hard to talk to The third time a tech told me to run the memory at and that didn t make sense to me since my motherboard supports the I finally tried communicating by email and was told to return the motherboard for a new one The new one worked for awhile and then I had a hard crash and the computer would no longer turn on So I was told to return the computer for troubleshooting I just received it back this last week The motherboard and the video card had been exchanged but there was no explanation why nor what might have happened to my computer While CP had the computer I tried to call and the phone would hang up on me every time after about five minutes I left messages by email and on their tech site for someone to call me but no one did I m only telling you all this so you will understand my efforts to take care of this problem The memory had been put into consecutive slots instead of the alternating ones I could run the computer but not in duo mode When the sticks were put into the correct slots the computer kept crashing We know the memory tested out ok my son took it home to test on his computer and it did fine for him I ordered memory and a new power supply from NewEgg recently I m hoping that will solve my problem I ordered CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC because I want more memory I play online computer games I m aware I won t have the full GB of memory And PC Power amp Cooling S EPS EPS V W because Asus recommended watts for my computer configuration My main questions Is the CPU compatible with the ASUS motherboard Are any components incompatible My configuration ASUS P N-E SLI motherboard The newest driver was installed for this I don t know the number Intel C D E G FSB x GB A-DATA -Pin DDR SDRAM PC NZXT PF- watt PSU EVGA GeForce GT MB PCI-E GB SATA II GB hard drive Windows XP Home Edition SP nbsp

A:Computer unuseable as configured

With the problems you have I would have asked for a full replacement system, you shouldn't have to pay to fix a computer that's under warranty.

The CPU is compatible as long as the BIOS is version 0505 or newer: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5N-E SLI
I'd update to the latest BIOS version as memory compatibility and other issues have been addressed by many of the releases.

Testing the RAM in another computer isn't a sure test, it doesn't mean its compatible with your motherboard. Many DDR2 modules require higher then stock voltages so make sure the memory voltage settings are set correctly in the BIOS.

Also make sure you have the latest NVidia chipset and display drivers from the NVidia website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-unuseable-as-configured.705415/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi there Can anyone give me some simply instructions on how to configure remote desktop I ve looked all over the internet and can t seem to figure it out I want to remote control my home computer from work I ve configured the home PC in some ways mostly going all the things the internet tells me to do desktop remote 7 in configured WIndows getting clicking various check marks and so on I guess to log in I need to know what the ip address is i found ipconfig but I m not exactly sure which of the numbers is my IP address Also in user name what do I type I have my home PC set up I am an administrator to log in to my home PC I use my name as the user name with a password Do I need to think about ports I have a laptop that I sometimes use on the network This should be very easy I m just not quite knowledgable enough Ben nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Also, I have read the posts about converting from HDD to SDD but it's not clear if this is possible with this model. Should I just take it back to the shop PCWorld and ask for my money back?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:My R1-131T N3050 configured with Windows 10 from n...

R3-131T? Not very hard. I sent you a PM.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-R1-131T-N3050-configured-with-Windows-10-from-new-is-slow/td-p/435691
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Guys, Been out of the Lenovo fold a while, can't say it's good to be back.Ordered a fully loaded P50 from Lenovo UK (Digital River) with 3 hard drives of varying technologies.Lets forget the shambles that is the WWAN configuration, the unit was configured with 3 drives and I've just received it and NO RAID option is available to me (apparently Lenovo silently removed the RAID configuration option from the Lenovo UK sales team).So now this unit has to go back be refunded and then re-ordered. This is why I left Lenovo and went to Apple, came back due to the new machines and it's just the same.Not overly happy at the moment, between the WWAN and now this, unsatisified customer.  

DangerMouseCurrent Machines : X1-3460/X1-20BS

A:P50 Configured with 3 Hard Drives (2 PCIe 1 HDD) A...

Also as an adition, it seems a bit sluggish for a Xeon with 32gb of ram and NVMe And finally the 4k screen has terrible bleed around the edges and isn't that bright IMO. Overall not impressed. Need this sorted.

DangerMouseCurrent Machines : X1-3460/X1-20BS

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Configured-with-3-Hard-Drives-2-PCIe-1-HDD-And-No-RAID-UK/td-p/3297424
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello!When I I try to access Microsoft Exchange I get error message "Your profile is not configured" Is there a recommended exchange profile fix software? Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/Microsoft-Exchange-quot-Your-profile-is-not-configured-quot/td-p/5724331
Relevancy 37.84%

I am having problems with my Windows 7 web browser opening to my homepage Yahoo - getting error message: No site configured at this address - not sure how to fix? It was just working on my 64bit browser --- but I went to change to the other browser to run Silverlight program & I got this message. Can you help????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-site-configured-at-this-address-error.1069211/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi There...

I've recently started editing my photos and they are showing different on my display than on say a CRT monitor on a desktop computer.

Is there any software/configuration software I can use to make sure my laptop is displaying properly?

THanks,
Amnesia

Relevancy 37.84%

...still unable to connect to the net!!

Hi guys and gals. Neeed some advice - I'm running XP Pro SP3 on my main computer at work, and it came up last night with the dreaded ' limited or no connectivity' message. I connected into the router (Belkin N1 Vision) via my secondary computer (wired connection, same network, again XP Pro SP3) and tried rebooting it to no avail .

After checking some other threads on here, I manually reconfigured the IP address on the faulty comp, using the settings obtained from the working one, and I can now log into the router on the faulty comp but am still unable to connect to the internet or get emails on outlook.

Any ideas would be appreciated... needless to say I'm getting a bit

A:Manually configured IP Address on one computer, but...

UPDATE:- I've tried restarting the router to see if that worked but guess what? It didn't! Beginning to get a little bit more upset now...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/manually-configured-ip-address-on-one-computer-but-465729.html
Relevancy 37.84%

First I must say I am a techguy fan after reading Bob Cerelli and others all most of the answers on techguy org Thanks for all the learnings and I Difficulty Configured A Achieving Network m confident I m close to configuring a network I have all the network places depicted on the desktop but continue to be challenged with the lap top Both computers have Windows XP I printed the quot Peer-To-Peer Networking from Bob s site I cannot find see the quot Network quot icon Bob Difficulty Achieving A Configured Network refers to in step under configuring the TCP IP protocol I followed the quot Basics quot memo written on on the techguy site The first six steps have been achieved user name and password may not apply as we do not use a password for networking The network places on the desktop depicts several folders etc on the laptop The network neighborhood is not visible on the laptop Would you kindly guide me through this Would it be easier for you if I called someone I can have both computers in front of me Thanks again for help I and I m sure many others appreciate your guidance Jack nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all I m new here and not real experienced with Correctly Device (Router) Configured Not computer Device Not Configured Correctly (Router) hardware and such Device Not Configured Correctly (Router) I m having issues with my router according to my security scan It keeps telling me that it s not configured correctly The main computer in the house desktop is fine when I run a security scan it s just this laptop specifically I ve looked online for info and I keep getting the same answer update the driver I don t even see the router listed under my Device Manager Under Network Adapters I see a Realtek device which I updated on the off chance this was it but the router I have is a ZyXel PK Z I tried to find info on the CenturyLink site but they re pretty useless as well I was thinking of possibly uninstalling the router if I can ever find it and then reinstalling it but I m not sure how difficult this would be Could anyone point me in the right direction on what I could do to resolve this issue Also as a note I just installed Windows I was using Windows and I had the same problem so I m not thinking it is an update issue Thanks in advance natobean nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-not-configured-correctly-router.1168674/
Relevancy 37.84%

Also, I have read the posts about converting from HDD to SDD but it's not clear if this is possible with this model. Should I just take it back to the shop PCWorld and ask for my money back?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-R1-131T-N3050-configured-with-Windows-10-from-new-is-slow/td-p/435691/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everyone, I have just received a new HP EliteBook 820 laptop in my company. All the drivers are installed but the keyboard is wrongly configured. Some of the keys are located in the wrong place and the hotkeys do not work at all (inlucind the fn key). I have installed the hotkeys driver from different models, but it does not fix the problem. I have also try to installed the drivers manually, but it didn't help neither. Is there any solution for this problem? or should I replace the computer for a different model? Thank you for the help 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-EliteBook-820-keyboard-is-wrong-configured/td-p/5829193
Relevancy 37.84%

I would like to configure my start up screen password through the Bios. I have aleady gone into the bios and tried entering in a password in the supervisors password place and the users password place.I enter in a password save it ,restart the computer and nothing happens.What I am I doing wrong. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-password-configured-through-the-bios.43055/
Relevancy 37.84%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4066 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7650M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461069 MB, Free - 343303 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

this my laptop specification prob is no website configured at this address. for facebook... pl help

A:no website configured at this address. for facebook

So what happens, you try to go to facebook.com and get that error message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-website-configured-at-this-address-for-facebook.1069115/
Relevancy 37.84%

I installed a new TB HDD rpm in my laptop I upgraded to Windows in December Looking in Disk Management I only have a Disk with what appears don't I drive is think new my hard correctly configured to be partitions the first one is GB labeled Healthy Active Recovery Partition but under Capacity has GB amp then under Free Space has GB free no file system the second is Volume C GB Capacity NTFS Free Space GB free Healthy Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition the third is MB Capacity with MB free I don't think my new hard drive is configured correctly space free with I don't think my new hard drive is configured correctly no file system Healthy Recovery Partition amp the fourth is GB Capacity GB free space free with no file system Healthy Primary Partition This just doesn't look right to me Is it If not what can I do about it TOSHIBA LAPTOP SPECS SYSTEM MODEL Toshiba Satellite L D PSK OU-OOGOOP OPERATING SYSTEM Windows Home x Version Build IE Version CO Chrome Version m Boot Mode Legacy BIOS in UEFI Secure boot not supported MAIN CIRCUIT BOARD Board Pegatron Corporation TKBSS Bus Clock MHz UEFI American Megatrends Inc PROCESSOR Gigahertz AMD A - OOM APU with Radeon HD graphics Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon TM HD G KB primary memory cache secondary memory cache bit ready BIOS Version BIOS Part Number BR bin BIOS Date DRIVES GB Capacity hard drive GB hard drive free HGST HARD DRIVE - K - - TB RPM Drive P N H T S SATA G S TYPE TSTSAF P N W J MLC DA HL-DT ST BDDVDRW CT F Optical Drive PCI to USB host controller x Standard open HCD USB host Controller x MEMORY MODULES MB USABLE INSTALLED GB RAM LOCAL DRIVE VOLUMES C NTSF on drive O GB CONTROLLERS ATA Channel ATA Channel Standard dual channel PCI IDE Controller Standard SATA AHCI Controller BUS ADAPTERS MS Storage spaces controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host

A:I don't think my new hard drive is configured correctly

Your Hard Disk is configured correctly. Disk management will not show those partitions using up space, and all of those partitions are correct. After upgrading to Windows 10 it creates new recovery partitions as the previous recovery partition won't work with Windows 10.

Everything looks good to me.

I'm just unsure of the partition at the end, the 14.13GB one. That may be an old recovery partition for an old OS perhaps

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/45730-i-dont-think-my-new-hard-drive-configured-correctly.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Say there was 2 computers exactly the same.

One was RAID1 hard drive configuration.

The second, a regular dual hard drive PC.

My question is, does the RAID1 configuration actually make the PC slower since everything you do needs to be done twice?

A:A PC configured with RAID1... slower than a regualr PC?

In theory, performance should be about the same provided that the two drives in the RAID-1 array are on separate channels. The data is read/written to both drives simultaneously, but if they're on the same channel then you will get a big performance drop. Of course this is only theory, and you would need to set up such a system and benchmark it to be sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-pc-configured-with-raid1-slower-than-a-regualr-pc.328240/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, as you can see in the title my ? is replaced with a .
Same with all the other keys being scrambled up, besides my normal letters.
I know this is really easy to resolve but i forgot how.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 37.84%

Dear SLI tech people I have Inno d GT cards in my computer The only difference is one is a Mb and one is a Gb card I only got the Gb because it was given to me Now with them being slightly different spec I dont get a box to tick in the d settings of my NVIDIA control panel to enable SLI That I get cos the cards need syncing if thats the term Now once upon a time NVIDIA wrote on their website that Coolbits could be used set to value to make my two cards work together so memory SLI with Can two cards configured? be different 9800GT I did the following Enabling CoolBits Step Click on your Start Menu in the Windows Task Bar and select Run When the command box opens type quot regedit quot without the quotes and press OK With the registry editor open go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE NVIDIA Corporation Global NVTweak expand the menu using the quot quot expansion buttons to locate this menu item Click on quot NVTweak quot in the menu Next right-click on Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured? the empty space inside right window and choose quot New gt DWORD value quot Name the value quot Coolbits quot without the quotes Step Within the Registry Editor right click on Coolbits and choose Modify Change the Value data to quot quot without Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured? the quotes and click OK Exit the Registry Editor Nothing has changed and with the newest drivers and software from NVIDIA their System Tools addon still nothing My ASUS motherboard must be sli-ready because it came with the bridge which i have slotted in as required The cards are recognised but I just cant get them into SLI Any ideas Oh and do I have to watch which way round the cards are slotted in my PC and with my bridge not indicating which way round it should go am I ok to just put it on any which way Please help because I like games nbsp

A:Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured?

Yes they can... Look at the site of the cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-two-9800gt-cards-with-different-memory-be-sli-configured.150661/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

I want to set up a modem and PC so that if the phone rings, the PC will
answer it.
There is probably a name for such an arrangement, usually a group of
three or four letters.

Could anyone offer any advice on doing this please, or point me to a
suitable site ... ?

Cheers, John

A:Can my PC (& Modem) be configured to answer the phone ... ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-my-pc-modem-be-configured-to-answer-the-phone.650381/
Relevancy 37.84%

We have the ATA evaluation running in our internal AD domain (contoso.com) and it is using the internal DCs as lightweight gateways. We have a second domain that is used for our DMZ (contosodmz.com) that trusts our internal domain.  Can ATA monitor
activity in that second domain?  Would I simply install the lightweight gateway on the DC's for that domain as well? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fa2969d-5b28-4d72-97b8-42c584254f3a/can-ata-be-configured-to-monitor-multiple-domains?forum=mata
Relevancy 37.84%

Not sure about my title.
Recently I replaced my older normal hard drive for an SSD (Samsung EVO840). Because I could not place it directly on my motherboard I is hooked via a PCIe card.
2 things came about:
-1- On my Windows taskbar bottom right corner I have it listed as a drive I can actually remove/eject
and
-2- While my original drive holding my OS on the C:drive was listed (I think) in Computer Management-->
Disk Management as 'Disk 0' my SSD is 'Disk 2'
Are these things OK?
Is it normal for my SSD to be ejectable and if not what should I do about it?
and
Is it OK for the SSD to be listed as 'Disk 2' instead of '0' and if not what (and how) should I do about it?
Thank you

A:Is my HD in the right place and configured/being read correctly?

Disk 0 simply means the primary drive holding copy of OS. You should seek for better way of connecting your SSD i.e. Use SATA/USB cable. Instead, you can leave the SSD as it is. It'll do no harm to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350361-my-hd-right-place-configured-being-read-correctly.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all I have an asus P S D mobo http support asus com download download aspx SLanguage en-us with AMI bios version I have recently added a SATA HD which I want to use as my boot drive I used Western Digital DataLifeguard stay wont Bios configured software to copy the OS from the IDE that was my boot drive this made Bios wont stay configured the new SATA the C I go into bios and navigate to the BOOT menu select hard drives and select Bios wont stay configured the SATA as the st drive it has to be st drive as it wont appear in boot device list otherwise Then I go to boot device list where I have tried having Bios wont stay configured the SATA as st nd and rd device other are floppy and dvd I use F to save and exit The machine will then boot from the SATA Now for the but if I reboot the machine it boots from the old ide which is now the K So I reset the Bios to boot from SATA and its OK until the next time I reboot Help BTW system specs are Win XP Home SP pent Ghz Prescott Socket Geil PC Saphire Radeon SE Mb Gig WD IDE Gig WD IDE Gig WD Raptor SATA Boring DVD RW and CDRW Thanks in advance Phil nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all I am having a consistent problem with my connection Pages load very slow or not at computer properly, configured not DNS responding all diagnosing the network connection gives me an error of quot Your computer appears to be configured correctly but the device DNS server is not responding quot as per posting rules wireless connection ISP is Xfinity Comcast Cable connection Wireless Gateway Modem Router Model Arris TC Avast antivirus Windows IP computer configured properly, DNS not responding Configuration Host Name Gary-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd mi comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd mi comcast net Description Belkin Wireless Adapter Physical Address B - - E- E- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address c ffd a e b Prefer red Temporary IPv Address abce c a Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c ffd a e b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August AM Lease Expires Wednesday August AM Default Gateway fe d d ff fec da DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID computer configured properly, DNS not responding - - - - B- - -D - - -F -D - -C DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd mi comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd mi comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection computer configured properly, DNS not responding Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab ee f ff fffb Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe ee f ff fffb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled I have had the wireless gateway replaced twice in the last week this has been an on going problem since I set up my computer I have been to every site I can find to try and fix the problem tried resetting the gateway ipconfig commands release and renew as well as flushdns and registerdns All spyware adware antivirus comes back clean Tried internet settings to acquire ip and dns automatically as well as defining specific addresses I am completely stumped Any help would be fantastic Thank you for your time

A:computer configured properly, DNS not responding

Hi there just checking in again.

After all of the great responses I got to my issue, the problem is finally resolved!

It appears that the problem was two things. The construction of the house, and the other wireless networks in my area.

So, if you are having a problem that is similar to mine and have tried everything you can think of to solve it, I have some advice.

1: get a program that can find information about all of the wifi networks in your area, (I used Xirrus WiFi Inspector) and check the channels the other networks in the area are broadcasting on. If everyone is on the same channel as you, change the channel.

2:If the place you live has a lot of metal, (My house has cast iron radiators in every room.) you may want to consider using a signal booster.
Thank you and goodnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342263-computer-configured-properly-dns-not-responding.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I hope this may be useful to someone There's an interesting detail hidden away in this News thread announcing IE Developer Preview Originally Posted by SGT Oddball Today we are also updating our popular modern ie site with new tools that help reduce the stress and time commitment for testing and building interoperable sites We are providing new VM images for IE on Windows and Windows so developers can test their sites on their Mac Linux or Windows device There's more some info on this Windows blog page announcing the updates Although the site is intended for testing browsers I think it means that if you just want 8.1 Pre-configured) Microsoft VM (Free from & Preview Win to have a quick test of Windows rather than installing it properly and you have one of the popular Virtualisation hosts you can download a pre-configured virtual machine running Windows free from Microsoft and just run it with very little setup The licence only allows testing and non-commercial use and I Win 8.1 Preview VM (Free & Pre-configured) from Microsoft believe it will expire after days but you can extend to days by re-arming it It's possible the Win install is feature-limited Win 8.1 Preview VM (Free & Pre-configured) from Microsoft However this blog post suggests they're full Windows installs and 'not crippled in any way' I've used the Windows XP VM from this site with the free VirtualBox and it seemed to work pretty easily Annoyingly though the old laptop which I use for this kind of playing is so old that it lacks some essential processor feature which is required to run Windows virtually so I haven't been able to verify for myself that works It may be useful to someone though The VMs are here Cross-browser testing simplified Testing made easier in Internet Explorer modern IE

A:Win 8.1 Preview VM (Free & Pre-configured) from Microsoft

Hi there
Doesn't say whether it's X-64 or the 32 bit version though -- would be nice to get this info BEFORE download (unless choice is available when the VM is set up on your machine).
Downloading for a quick test -- will use the VMware version -- I'll see what happens as I have very fast download time.

To save opening a separate PDF document to get the password and user account it's as follows

IEUser
Passw0rd!

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/28840-win-8-1-preview-vm-free-pre-configured-microsoft.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My (Win8 Pro 64 bits) system crashes time after time.

I configured it to write minidump files, using small memory dump (256K).
It is configured to save the files in %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

I'm checking the /windows/minidump folder, but it's always empty.

My questions:
1. Why Windows doesn't write that minidump files?
2. How can I figure out, why my machine is crashing time after time, without that info?

Thanks!

A:No dump files are being written, although configured to

Welcome
The next time you crash follow these instructions; lets see what you have
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/11917-no-dump-files-being-written-although-configured.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Office 2013 stops installing and shows this prompt "this operating system is not presently configured to run this application". The computer is a Lenovo laptop Ideapad Windows 7 Home Premium. AMD Turion II P540 Dual-Core Processor 2.40 GHz. 4 GB RAM. 64 bit. I have reinstalled the OS and uninstalled the bundled Office 2010 prior to attempting to install Office 2013.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/operating-system-not-configured-to-run-this-application.1156140/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have to network cards in my laptop one being a wireless and the other being a Lan. i used the wireless to access internet but any time i give the lan a static IP address for some other configuration internet goes off. can someone help me out

A:Internet goes off when ethernet is configured with static ip

You would loose network access if the assigned static IP address is outside of the sub-mask range of the router/switch that is handling the LAN connection. You would also run into problems if the assigned IP address is all ready in use by another device on the LAN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-goes-off-when-ethernet-is-configured-with-static-ip.1152972/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hoping someone can help. I'm trying to use Office Picture manager from Office 2007. However I get an error message "The operating system is currently not configured to run this application" and then it crashes out.

What do I need to change to get it to work? OS is XP SP 3.

A:OS not configured to run Office Picture Manager

What service pack is Office? run windows update and it will give you office updates. office 2007 was created brofore SP3.... maybe a known issue???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-not-configured-to-run-office-picture-manager.864015/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a Sager NP9377 laptop and recently did a factory reset. On the desktop screen, there is a message on bottom right saying SecureBoot isn't configured correctly. How do I fix this? It is greyed out on BIOS/UEFI... Thoughts appreciated

A:SecureBoot Not Configured Properly Problem

That message is there because - SecureBoot is disabled in your firmware setting..

The watermark will be removed, once you run windows update..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63489-secureboot-not-configured-properly-problem.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I cannot get my realtek audio to install,
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_147B0000&REV_1000\4&3FFF3F3&0&0001
this is what I get when I go to system manager.
I have tried multiple drivers and no luck. It tells me it is not configured properly but I cannot get to any settings to change it(greyed out)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-not-configured-properly-code1.878804/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi.

I'm stuck whenever i turn on my computer. I'm running on vista 64 bit SP2.
There is nothing i can do, just stucked. When i access using safe mode, the same thing just show up. I lost my vista installation disk. So is there something that i can do?
I'm missing my long lost wallpaper.. Please help! Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes.

We may be able to help if you give us the make and modle of your computer. If the suggestion that I will make does work, you will lose your stuff. Do you have stuff to save?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296550-updates-were-not-configured-correctly-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I may have to re-install the Vista operating system on my primary hard drive. According to Dell, installing/re-installing Vista will erase any existing files (gee, why couldn't they have configured Vista like XP which would save your data?).

So as not to loose my files, my plan is to install a new primary hard drive. And once the new drive is functioning properly, to add the old one as a data only secondary drive (The drive hasn't failed, it's just inaccessable due to a user logon password issue which I'm working in another thread).

Does anyone see a problem with reading the data files/folders on the old drive? Will the existance of an operating system be a problem? I'm hoping the drive will act as a ghosted drive, and the answer will be no.

Thanks in advance......

A:Can I read a Vista configured HD as data only?

Yes that sounds like a workable plan. When you boot into the OS (operating system) on the new disk, the OS on the old HD should be irrelevant, it's just a data disk.

It's best to temporarily disconnect the old HD while installing Windows onto the new one. When the install is completed, you reconnect the old one and go into the BIOS setup to make sure it is set to boot the new HD in preference to the old one.

"Does anyone see a problem with reading the data files/folders on the old drive?"

You would probably not have a problem deleting or accessing the system files on the old HD, such as files in the Windows folder. You will not get the "file is in use" message like you would get if you tried deleting a system file in the OS which is actually running.

However you will probably have difficulty accessing files in the C:\User folders, because they belong to your user on the old OS. Usually you can work around this by "taking ownership" of those folders in the new OS, but that may be more difficult if your user account on the old OS was password protected (I don't have personal experience of that as I don't have a password for my user account).

If your old OS is still working, you could probably make it easier by doing some preparation while booted into the old one. Make a new folder outside of any system folders, such as "C:\store". Copy or Move some documents out of C:\Users\username\Documents to C:\store\OldDocs. (Don't copy the Documents folder itself, just the files from inside it)

If you find the ownership problems in the new OS are too difficult to fix...
If the old OS is still bootable, you would only need to change the boot order in the BIOS to be able to boot into the old OS with your password to do some transferring from the old \Users\ folders to the new HD.

Another preparation, while you are in the old OS:
Depending which email program you use, most have a feature on the menu for exporting or backing up your mail boxes and account settings to a file. Then you can import from that file into the new install of the same email program in the new OS.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/181551-can-i-read-vista-configured-hd-data-only.html
Relevancy 37.84%

So Ive been working on a Dell Latitude D820 the past couple of days after cleaning up after a virus attack and now I am running into a problem of the computer is not connecting to my home network. When I went into the device manager I noticed that it was pointing out that my Ethernet Controller was not configured correctly (code 1).

I have tried finding the correct driver online using my other computer and transferring it to the dell. So far zero luck with any attempt after doing the install on any of them even after a nice system restart.

I do have the dell drivers disk but had no luck what so ever with any of the drivers off the disk working to resolve this problem.

I am running windows XP pro in case that helps at all.

A:Ethernet controller driver not configured

From MS

This code means that the system has not had a chance to configure the device. To resolve the problem, follow the instructions in the Device Status box. In addition, you may be able to resolve this issue by removing the device in Device Manager, and then running the Add New Hardware wizard from Control Panel.

I would remove the device using device manager and the rebooting the laptop, windows should at bootup find the new device and install it correctly.

If the BIOS has an option for "Plug And Play OS" make sure its set to "YES"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-controller-driver-not-configured.174547/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Team,

I am using the IE 6.0,how i set the default PDF program Acrobat 5,to edit the webpage.Screen shot attached......

A:Default Program Acrobal 5 configured in IE 6

Download Reader 9.4 which is compatible with XP SP3 IE6.0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/default-program-acrobal-5-configured-in-ie-6-a-583391.html
Relevancy 37.84%

This is my actual configuration, what you think is it good or bad?

, should i change it on 2 splitters instead of splitter and divider?

A:properly configured internet ADSL ?

This is my Setup and an ADSL Splitter is perfectly Fine I do not see any Issues with your set up

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172380-properly-configured-internet-adsl.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Have you ever configured your Adobe Flash Player?.

Flash Player Help: Settings Manager.

-- Tom

A:Have you ever configured your Adobe Flash Player?

Thanks for the links. It helped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-you-ever-configured-your-adobe-flash-player.929563/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo PC, and my graphics driver is Nvidia nForce630i/ GeForce 7050. When I run System Information for Windows, I have a yellow exclamation mark at my USB controller. The drop-down arrow shows that the name of the device is

nVidia Corporation MCP73 [nForce 630i] USB 2.0 Controller (EHCI) [Elitegroup Computer Systems MCP73 [nForce 630i] USB 2.0 Controller (EHCI)]

Now, I searched the Internet, and I cannot find any download available for this device. Is there any alternative driver for this device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mcp73-usb-2-0-controller-not-configured.1032370/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all So yesterday I went to open Catalyst Control Center in order to configure some settings with my Gigabyte Radeon HD However when I opened it I got this error So I read up a little bit and tried many methods I've tried uninstalling all the drivers amp then deleting any left over folders in Program Files and Program Files That Can No - Be Open CCC Error/Won't Settings Configured x I've also tried deleting the registry CCC - No Settings That Can Be Configured Error/Won't Open keys after doing that as well I've tried using Display Driver Sweeper I've tried deleting the Public Token Key but it wasn't there I've tried these http www sevenforums com graphic-c start-how html Fix - Catalyst Control Center - CCC - will not open install Just to say I've tried all the possible methods I can think of I reinstalled my computer about a month or two ago and when I installed the drivers everything worked fun including CCC But when I decided to open it yesterday it just wouldn't I don't know what else to do and I really don't want to do another reinstall so soon Hopefully I can get some help -CrazyQuickDraw

A:CCC - No Settings That Can Be Configured Error/Won't Open

Hi, Welcome to Seven forums.

Do you have Microsoft .net framework 4.5 installed? CCC can't run without it. If you updated the drivers to latest, then you need to have .net installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/325133-ccc-no-settings-can-configured-error-wont-open.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently upgraded win pro and am running monitors an old quot Tatung LCD and a quot Samsung BW Previously while running XP and XP i was able to choose a mode in my nvidia control panel that says configure monitors independenty this option is no longer available What is happening is that when Monitors Dual Independently Configured i run a game full screen my second monitor flickers then adjusts for the resolution of the game that i am playing skewing the view Dual Monitors Configured Independently of that screen when i exit out it reverts to normal since i am using extended desktop i believe that it essentially is attempting to force the resolution onto my second screen previously in xp and xp when entering the game at an adjusted resolution due to the screens being quot separately configured quot Dual Monitors Configured Independently the primary monitor adjusted resolution while the nd remained perfect I am wondering if there is a way to quot configure quot these monitors independently or possibly lock or separate my secondary screen from being attacked to my primary screen I have tried using ultramon but i could not get it to do what i wished I may be totally mistaken or blinded by a simple fix or possibly it may not be a feature availabe in any advice would be extremely helpfull my specs if needed monitors above geforce gtx running latest drivers from nvidia

A:Dual Monitors Configured Independently

the only thing i ever see change is my background shrinks, the monitor does flash but stays the rez. just sports s tiny little square of my background.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/43060-dual-monitors-configured-independently.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I was trying out EMET for my line of business application There are many executables including some that are pure NET applications I created the rules using wildcards basically match based on executable name only and enabled them EMET is not loading into some of these applications some applications into EMET is not itself configured loading First I tired it on a Windows SP x machine Then on a Windows x machine On each machine it is a different set of applications that EMET is not loading itself into some configured applications EMET fails to load in I used the quot Export Selected quot in Application Configuration section to export the configuration to import EMET is not loading itself into some configured applications it into a different machine Then I tried adding it from the window by selecting the running process I restarted the process and still EMET was not loaded into it I also tried loading the configuration using the recommended configuration template Still no luck Is there any logging that tells us why EMET failed to load into an executable Am I missing something Also what is the performance penalty of EMET Does EMET do anything meaningful for NET applications

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/263b8d45-b3a1-4155-8b13-64fd5b3a3fec/emet-is-not-loading-itself-into-some-configured-applications?forum=emet