Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Lifecam uninstalls

Q: Microsoft Lifecam uninstalls

Recently, after random computer crashes ( blue screen or not) and after reboot, the found new hardware utility starts. It finds "new hardware"the Lifecam but when I try to install it again I can't find the drivers.
I have to uninstalll the drivers and then reinstall the camera drivers through the downloaded utility.
I don't understand why the camera congfiguration is disappearing each time and worst I can't find the location of the lifecam drivers. Where are they and why is this happening?
I'd appreciate any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-lifecam-uninstalls-315867.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Lifecam uninstalls

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 62.78%

I recently purchased a microsoft lifecam 3000 so that I can video chat with my friends.

However, one problem is that the sound does not work when I try to use it on AIM. The sound works on other applications such as facebook, etc, but the sound does not work on AIM or meebo.

If anyone can help, that will be great.

Aim version: 6.8.12.4

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-lifecam-on-aim.771085/
Relevancy 61.92%

I've used this camera on a different computer, and it has worked perfect for hours at a time. I've removed software, re-installed many times.
everytime i use this camera with Skype on my computer it will lose sound on the other end (mine always works fine) and they complain of static, or it will crash my computer. 9/10 times i use Skype there will be small horizontal lines across the screen.... just before it starts to lose the connection. No Skype help menus are able to fix this problem.

Please help...
Thanks

A:Microsoft Lifecam 3.0/Skype

I need some help fixing my SKype. i've tried a few cameras, no matter which i use, my skype will work for 2-10 minutes then crash my whole computer and reboot.... i dont know where to find an error message explaining what this is...
i've uninstalled it many times. i've tried multiple cameras, and still it will crash. it works fine with just audio. so its something to do with video

pease help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340179/microsoft-lifecam-30skype/
Relevancy 61.92%

I tried to install the lifecam software on computer 1, which works perfect.
then when i tried to install the webcam on another computer too, both with windows 7, i get this error

Anyone can help , both computer was installed lifecam directly downloaded from microsoft website, but it works on one computer not another one

A:Microsoft Lifecam vx-5500

Hi whitepanda!
As you can see it's a driver problem, first of all go to Device Manager (right click Computer icon, select Mange, select Device Manager) and check for ! mark (yellow color) if it's there click on it and remove driver, and try to install the driver again, is it just driver or the whole application?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/111151-microsoft-lifecam-vx-5500-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a problem with video calls, I can't see my friend's webcam (It only shows a picture of a webcam with a big red X) she can see me, and i can see myself. I'm recently reformated my computer to windows 7, thats when the problem began. I'm using the latest windows live messenger along with windows life messenger PLUS, Microsoft lifecam updated to 3.0
i've tried reinstalling many times, never worked
anyone can help me out there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-lifecam-show-and-msn.880749/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Everyone,

I know there are several other threads on this topic already but I have a unique problem. I can install LifeCam software fine sometimes but the driver never installs for the camera. The few times I get the LifeCam installed, it always just showed up as no camera connected. When I try to use Device Manager to "Update driver software", no matter what I try, the last screen always say, "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device." Then several lines down it says, " The extended attributes are inconsistent." Has anyone else discovered this problem? I would really appreciate your help! Thanks!

A:Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000

Hello Jbonnecroy,

Are you using the latest Lifecam 3.0 software drivers?

Software Download

If so, then you might see if this may help any.

Microsoft LifeCam Readme and Troubleshooting Information

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30013-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Microsoft Lifecam 5000 Problem - I have read a lot of posts on the microsoft website when I googled the problem and I tried most of it. Nothing worked.

I have reinstalled drivers, software, tried different usb slots, RR computer countless times.

Basically - the computer knows that its connected and can see it - but then it wont work. For example - skype recognises that its a LifeCam 5000 and the light on the cam turns on for a bit, but no picture. It has worked before on Skype but now it won't for some reason.

The LifeCam software says that there is no webcam connected to the computer, which is also weird if skype can see that it is connected. So I am stuck.

Anyone have any idea's please!!

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-lifecam-5000.1019326/
Relevancy 61.92%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-microsoft-lifecam.185668/
Relevancy 61.92%

i have a new microsoft lifecam vx 2000 i can't take a profile picture on facebook using internet explorer the drop down menu won't open i can take a profile on facebook using google chrome but i want to be able to take a profile picture using internet explorer 8

A:microsoft lifecam vx 2000

Update to Internet Explorer 9. Internet Explorer 8 might not be compatible with your camera.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-lifecam-vx-2000-a-662821.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I bought this, got the Vista software for it and installed on my HP PC with
Windows Home Basic. Device Manager says it's working properly, but the
shortcut won't open the program or start the camera. Anybody else have this
camera and problems? I've reinstalled the software twice. Maybe three will
be a charm, but I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Kathy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-lifecam-vx-1000-a-147352.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000, incompatible with Windows 7 RC build, and yet it worked fine with build 7000? This is perplexing. Anybody with a solution?

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000

Try going into the system settings and update the driver and be sure to let it search online. Initially there was no updated driver but there is now a new one that it will update and make it work correctly again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/9280-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hi guys

well i got this webcam for free from a bank when i opened an acount and am trying to set it up its a microsoft lifecam vx-1000

when i install it (drivers from ms website also disk) it looks like it going fine but then will not work it crashes my pc or just locks out messenger.

the most i can get out of it is just a black or white screen then that crashes out as well.

any help please guys

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I have attached a microsoft life cam vx 700 to my computer (windows XP) which doesnt require a cd installation nor anything else. i had tried to start it on yahoo messenger but all i got was a green screen and at the source of the camera was this: Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32), Version: 5.1.2600.2180 and no other option. How can i make it work? Plz help!!!!

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Microsoft Lifecam VX-7000. When I had the RC, the disc that came with it didn't work, until I found out that I needed the 3.0 software. You can find this on google. Hope this helps some people.

A:Microsoft Lifecam users beware

Hello Brandon,

You can download the latest driver versions for the Lifecam webcam directly from Microsoft at the link below.

Software Download

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/28419-microsoft-lifecam-users-beware.html
Relevancy 61.49%

the microsoft lifecam vx-1000 and he dont work say problem solution i have the latest friver 2.91 when i install it he download the 3.0 and he dont work anyone help me pls???!?!

Windows 7 x64 (64 Bit)

A:microsoft lifecam vx-1000 driver for win 7? help pls!!!

Check out this thread, I' pretty sure there's an edited driver for ur cam in Henerque's file.

MS Lifecam VX-3000

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/16958-microsoft-lifecam-vx-1000-driver-win-7-help-pls.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I got the Microsoft LifeCam VX- today from using problems microsoft lifecam vx-1000 a friend and installed it and the LifeCam software on the included CD Everything seemed to be going swell until I opened the program and tried to replay a short test video I recorded for a few seconds and tried to play it back A few seconds after the media player popped up my computer crashed Most of the information of the screen went over my head but I remember something about quot nv disp dll quot The term quot BIOS quot also came up I think I tried several solutions including downloading the latest software LifeCam and checking my NVIDIA drivers up to date according to Windows Hardware Update Wizard Each time I would get the BSOD whenever I tried to play a test video in the LifeCam program When I go into the LifeCam folder and try to open a test video from there it also crashes I have problems using microsoft lifecam vx-1000 no idea what is going on I ve uninstalled everything for now Summary of information which may or may not be relevant - device I m trying to install Microsoft LifeCam VX- - accompanying software LifeCam - operating system Windows XP Professional Service Pack - graphics NVIDIA Quadro NVS M - processor Intel Core Duo P GHz - GB of RAM about GB of problems using microsoft lifecam vx-1000 free disk space - machine Dell E laptop - error message included nv disp dll BIOS Sorry if that was a bit long-winded or redundant I was trying to be as informative as possible Any sort of guidance would be very appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-using-microsoft-lifecam-vx-1000.865580/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 and I can connect it and install all the drivers but when I go to use it I get a BSOD, this has happened with all builds so far accept for I think it was build 6936 x64, also windows update gave me a driver which I installed with the same result.

Has anyone else tried a web cam or had any problems and if so have you found any solutions?

Solved: Microsoft have released Windows 7 beta Drivers for all their products Here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/support.mspx

Later Mark

A:BSOD With Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000

i have this same problem with my E3500 logitech cam & windows 7.....

i can use skype with the new BETA but i cant touch camera setting b/c it will crash..
if skype is not running & i try to configure the camera it will lock the explorer & i have to log out...

it could be a problem with webcams in general...

SK

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1224-bsod-microsoft-lifecam-vx-1000-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi whenever I plug my hd- webcam into my windows pc and crashes LifeCam loaded. whenever Microsoft load up the official lifecam software regardless of version the camera led blinks and then the app hangs I used nirsoft's AppCrashView software to get the following error info Version EventType APPCRASH EventTime ReportType Consent UploadTime ReportIdentifier d a ce- c - e -a e- c da IntegratorReportIdentifier d a cd- c - e -a e- c da WOW Response type Sig Name Application Name Sig Value LifeCam exe Sig Name Application Version Sig Value Sig Name Application Timestamp Microsoft LifeCam crashes whenever loaded. Sig Value bf e d Sig Name Fault Module Name Sig Value CinVPU dll Sig Name Fault Module Version Sig Value Sig Name Fault Module Timestamp Sig Value ed c a Sig Name Exception Code Sig Value c Sig Name Exception Offset Sig Value e DynamicSig Name OS Version DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Locale ID DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e d b ad b a e DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e d b ad b a e UI C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam LifeCam exe UI LifeCam exe has stopped working UI Windows can check online for a solution to the problem UI Check online for a solution and close the program UI Check online for a solution later and close the program UI Close the program LoadedModule C Microsoft LifeCam crashes whenever loaded. Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam LifeCam exe LoadedModule C Windows SysWOW ntdll dll LoadedModule C Windows SYSTEM MSCOREE DLL LoadedModule C Windows syswow KERNEL dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow KERNELBASE dll LoadedModule C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none f ebcb eb MSVCR dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow ADVAPI dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow msvcrt dll LoadedModule C Windows SysWOW sechost dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow RPCRT dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow SspiCli dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow CRYPTBASE dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow USER dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow GDI dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow LPK dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow USP dll LoadedModule C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none f ebcb eb MSVCP dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow ole dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow SHLWAPI dll LoadedModule C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none f ebcb eb msvcm dll LoadedModule C Windows system IMM DLL LoadedModule C Windows syswow MSCTF dll LoadedModule C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscoreei dll LoadedModule C Windows system VERSION dll LoadedModule C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorwks dll LoadedModule C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none d e b a MSVCR dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow shell dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow profapi dll LoadedModule C Windows assembly NativeImages v mscorlib bf e a c b ee d a d c mscorlib ni dll LoadedModule C Windows system uxtheme dll LoadedModule C Windows system CRYPTSP dll LoadedModule C Windows system rsaenh dll LoadedModule C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorjit dll LoadedModule C Windows system RpcRtRemote dll LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Framework dll LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Logging dll LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Logging Core dll LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Interfaces dll LoadedModule C Windows assembly NativeImages v System ba e e b e bdc edac System ni dll LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Application dll LoadedModule C Windows assembly NativeImages v WindowsBase fe bcfce e b f ad d db WindowsBase ni dll LoadedModule C Windows assembly NativeImages v PresentationCore e d a c cd b e e e PresentationCore ni dll LoadedModule C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Data b... Read more

A:Microsoft LifeCam crashes whenever loaded.

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611969/microsoft-lifecam-crashes-whenever-loaded/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi whenever I plug my hd- webcam into my windows pc and load up the official lifecam software regardless of version the camera led blinks and then the app hangs I used nirsoft's AppCrashView software to get the following error info Version EventType APPCRASH EventTime ReportType Consent UploadTime ReportIdentifier d a ce- c - e -a e- c Microsoft whenever LifeCam crashes loaded. da IntegratorReportIdentifier d a cd- c - e -a e- c da WOW Response type Sig Name Application Name Sig Value LifeCam exe Sig Name Application Version Sig Value Sig Name Application Timestamp Sig Value Microsoft LifeCam crashes whenever loaded. bf e d Sig Name Fault Module Name Sig Value CinVPU dll Sig Name Fault Module Version Sig Value Sig Name Fault Module Timestamp Sig Value ed c a Sig Name Exception Code Sig Value c Sig Name Exception Offset Sig Value e DynamicSig Name OS Version DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Locale ID DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e Microsoft LifeCam crashes whenever loaded. DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e d b ad b a e DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e DynamicSig Name Additional Microsoft LifeCam crashes whenever loaded. Information DynamicSig Value a e d b ad b a e UI C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam LifeCam exe UI LifeCam exe has stopped working UI Windows can check online for a solution to the problem UI Check online for a solution and close the program UI Check online for a solution later and close the program UI Close the program LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam LifeCam exe LoadedModule C Windows SysWOW ntdll dll LoadedModule C Windows SYSTEM MSCOREE DLL LoadedModule C Windows syswow KERNEL dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow KERNELBASE dll LoadedModule C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none f ebcb eb MSVC R dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow ADVAPI dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow msvcrt dll LoadedModule C Windows SysWOW sechost dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow RPCRT dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow SspiCli dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow CRYPTBASE dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow USER dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow GDI dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow LPK dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow USP dll LoadedModule C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none f ebcb eb MSVC P dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow ole dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow SHLWAPI dll LoadedModule C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none f ebcb eb msvc m dll LoadedModule C Windows system IMM DLL LoadedModule C Windows syswow MSCTF dll LoadedModule C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscoreei dll LoadedModule C Windows system VERSION dll LoadedModule C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorwks dll LoadedModule C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none d e b a MSVC R dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow shell dll LoadedModule C Windows syswow profapi dll LoadedModule C Windows assembly NativeImages v mscorlib bf e a c b ee d a d c mscorlib n i dll LoadedModule C Windows system uxtheme dll LoadedModule C Windows system CRYPTSP dll LoadedModule C Windows system rsaenh dll LoadedModule C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorjit dll LoadedModule C Windows system RpcRtRemote dll LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Framework dll LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Logging dll LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Logging Core dll LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Interfaces dll LoadedModule C Windows assembly NativeImages v System ba e e b e bdc edac System ni dl l LoadedModule C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft LifeCam Application dll LoadedModule C Windows assembly NativeImages v WindowsBase fe bcfce e b f ad d db Windows Base ni dll LoadedModule C Windows assembly NativeImages v PresentationCore e d a c cd b e e e Pr esentationCore ni dll LoadedMod... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395161-microsoft-lifecam-crashes-whenever-loaded.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New VX-3000 Problems Microsoft Lifecam Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

If no one can help me with my problem, can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can resolve it. (Other than Microsoft Customer Support that is, that's definitely a last resort).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-problems.118681/
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm trying to install my new webcam- microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 and it keeps coming up with this message: Set up cannot continue because an unexpected error has occured. http//support.microsoft.com/kb/953691. and then I have to press ok and it all shuts down... what does this mean and what can I do about it?

A:Solved: microsoft lifecam vx-1000

Welcome to TSG!

What OS are you running?
Which of the steps in the KB article the error message referred you to have you tried?

Most likely just need to download an updated driver from the download center, the link is in Step 2 under Method 1.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953691

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-lifecam-vx-1000.916797/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am running MicroSoft Windows XP, Service Pack 3, using Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac, Build 7.0.15107, on a MacBook (2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.6.8). I have a Microsoft LifeCam HD 6000 connected through a USB hub that I use for Skype. Since I upgraded Parallels Desktop the other day, the webcam is no longer recognized by the computer. I know I could fix the problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the camera. But this is a remote computer which I control with LogMeIn, and that is not an option. Is there any way I can 'trick' the computer (Windows or Mac OS) into thinking I have done that? If you have any ideas or need more info, please be as specific as you can. I don't know much about computers. Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam HD 6000 not seen

Does the Hub have it's own power adapter? (this would increase the power provided by the USB port to the devices plugged into the hub) When you use a USB hub, it diminishes the power from the USB port. Devices that require more power like HDD's Cameras etc as a opposed to keyboards or mice, may not get recognized by the computer. Unless the Hub is self powered.
The solution is to plug the USB device directly into the computer.
You can go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with yellow flags? Or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now right click any device and choose Scan For Hardware Changes, this should recognize the device and reinstall it. If it comes back with a yellow flag or as an Unknown Device, then it needs to be plugged into the computer directly and not through a hub.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-microsoft-lifecam-hd-6000-not-seen-673431.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Microsoft Lifecam HD 5001 and for the first couple of months it worked great as far as recording and taking pictures to upload to places but literally one day the video and audio became out of sync towards the second half of the videos. Ive tried changing the resolution and that didnt help. I dont understand why all of a sudden it would start doing this. Any suggestions please??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-lifecam-hd-5001-problem-612780.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still Problems. Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 get the error message Next I check and see if there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems. go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took Problems Lifecam Microsoft VX-3000 it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

I have exactly the same problem, followed all the exact same steps and I kept being told to do the same thing all over again (3 times) on another forum. Its not helping, and I need a new suggestion. I don't have the original CD of the software anymore. I have used the camera several times before and It has prior to this month been functioning without any problems.

Any (new) suggestions would be helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-problems.795082/
Relevancy 61.49%

We recently updated out facility with new light fixtures containing LED bulbs and dimmers. When I use my web cam I get shuttering on the on the screen. Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/90a58dd3-4543-4945-acc9-4119cbd3a17f/microsoft-lifecam-hd3000-usb-webcam?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I keep seeing my old webcam in drop down lists such as picasa import list yet had deleted it over 2 years ago, I have tried all the conventional methods of searching and deletion but it keeps showing up!
Advice on how to rid myself of this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

A:un-installing microsoft lifecam vx-3000

Maybe I should not post this for fear it will get you into trouble; but, here goes anyway. First off, I have done this little procedure, myself, many times with success; but, this information, misused, can destroy an OS.

The problem with the developer-furnished uninstalls is that they are almost always incomplete so I find myself frequently editing the Windows Registry (in this case, deleting lines) to get rid of annoying remnants like the one you describe.

First, I would create a complete drive image of the partition containing my operating system. Then, I would start Regedit and do a search for every line containing "lifecam" (sans quotes). I would delete every line I found containing that text string and every line I accidentally found as a result of that search that is related to lifecam.

There you have it. If you try this, please do the imaging part first so you don't wind up with just four toes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/un-installing-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000.803033/
Relevancy 61.49%

Every time I open the Microsoft LifeCam software installed for a webcam from Microsoft, it says
Lifecam.exe encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvinience

I invite all expert users to check this with me and help me find a solution

Thanking in anticipation
panverdis

A:Microsoft LifeCam Software crashes

Hi and welcome to TSG

I would try uninstalling, then reinstalling the software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-lifecam-software-crashes.911095/
Relevancy 60.63%

hello i bought a microsoft lifecam vx- a few days ago i put the disk that came with it into my laptop and it all installed It then told me to plug in my new webcam when i did that a message came up saying 'installing device driver software' and then a short while after it comes up with found new hardware windows needs to install driver software for your camera i pressed locate and install driver software but when it tries to locate it it just fails and says it can't locate it making my webcam not be recognised on my laptop after speaking to someone on the phone they gave me a link directly from microsofts website to download some driver software this did not work either for some reason it downloaded and then the same old message came up again and it failed i really need this webcam to do a video call with my best friend who lives in australia tomorow as it is her birthday and i have bought this to surprise her please may you try and help resolve my problem as quickly as possible thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

My model is HD 3000
I used to be able to take photos and record with the desktop dashboard fro my cam in win7 but now I cannot do that with the dashboard app. I can olny control true color and settings.I tried to use windows 8 camera app but the quality is awfull- since its fullscreen - and anyway I dont know where the photos and videos are saved there.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/17411-microsoft-lifecam-cant-take-photos-record-video.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit version.
My video camera is Microsfot VX-7000.
My Lifecam software is Windows 7 64bit compatible, release 3.0

My Lifecam software installed without problems but when I double-click on the LifeCam software, I get an BLANK screen with a message that states "no camera connected".

However, when I run/use Skype (latest version 4.1.0.179), the camera works without problems, which confirms that the camera is OKAY.

I have checked Microsoft Support and found article KB933311 titled "No camera connected" error message, and the video preview is blank when you start the LifeCam software: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933311

but none of those issues effect me, nor did it solve anything.

So, what is happening? Any ideas?

A:Microsoft LifeCam 3.0 not working with VX-7000 Camera

Have you read the below article :
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/di...S/default.mspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/41658-microsoft-lifecam-3-0-not-working-vx-7000-camera.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello my sound has been incredibly low after using a Microsoft Cinema LifeCam yesterday aswell as having lots of static and distorted sounds when watching YouTube or anything in WMP I've already tried I have tried raising all the levels from every device all the way to the top I have changed the settings under Communications to gt Do Nothing I have uninstalled the drivers and re-installed Downloaded the driver from Realtek and re-installed and also uninstalled the driver and re-installed automatically using windows wizard I have checked for any errors in my sound card using Sound troubleshooter and everything seems to be OK with the sound card I also updated my drivers I used different set of speakers and headphones but still no luck I changed the plug from headphones to the hole in the back Sometimes the sound - Microsoft Windows Very Cinema 7 using low LifeCam. after sound level go back up again to a normal level but drop soon after Similiar post Windows - Sound at very low level or no sound

A:Windows 7 - Very low sound after using Microsoft Cinema LifeCam.

Are you using the Dell supplied sound driver? (what model Dell?).

Does this happen on both PC speakers and headphone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/289234-windows-7-very-low-sound-after-using-microsoft-cinema-lifecam.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am running a Microsoft Lifecam in a Dell Zino with Windows 7 Home Professional. The lifecam is supposed to store its videos and such in User>Pictures>Lifecam. Instead, this one stores them in Username>Food and Cooking>Pictures>Lifecam. I have no idea why it dug up that Food folder, but I would like to change the default storage. I have searched for a way but have not found it.

It's not a fatal problem... just annoying. Thanks for help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-lifecam-storage-location-setting.1002036/
Relevancy 60.63%

After the upgrade to Win 8 Pro from win 7 64, I tried the LifeCam Cinema ...nothing happens. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the exe file is said to be the wrong file. When i clik the tray icon nothing happens. When

The camera connects under windows but essentially useless with very dark image.

Anyone solve this?

A:Microsoft LifeCam Cinema not installing correctly

I tried to install this again. Uninstalled, reinstalled and again it installed but still do not have the proper EXE icon. When I clik on the Cinema life cam icon in the control "devices and printers," and the software pops up but when i clik on the start Lifecam button, an error pops up saying that it cannot find "lifecam.exe"/ Checking in the correct program directory there is no "lifecam.exe." There are two exe's, with same Lifecam icon, but neither of them start the program. lifecamd2.exe and lifetray.exe

Mystified. Tried a couple web cam apps and neither have any functionalty and the image is very poor and dark.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/11202-microsoft-lifecam-cinema-not-installing-correctly.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I Uninstalled A Bunch Of Updates To Save Space .Then 2 Software Didn't Work Or Had An Error Message .Storm Predator Which Needs The Runtime Library To Work Correctly .I Was Able To Fix That Software After The Runtime Software Was Installed ,But Can't Get The Camera To Work Even After I Uninstalled It And Reinstalled It .Is There A Update From Microsoft That Runs That ,That I Might Of Accidentally Uninstalled ,That I Can Reinstall ? The Camera And Drivers Installs With The Desktop Icon ,But It Won't Load .Any Help Would Be Very Helpful !!

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Guys, I'm new in here. I like this forum and that was the only forum I found many solution to my problem.

The problem is simples but I don't know if is simple to resolve.

I've download the last Driver for Microsoft LifeCam 3.0 and installed. Because I know that the 3.0 version is compatible with Windows 7 x86 and x64.

No problem, the driver was installed with success but when I start the "Microsoft Life Cam" software I receive the message:

"Initialization error..."

And the weird is normal in "Device Manager":

I've just tested my Webcam in other PC running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and work perfectly.

I guess the problem is happennig because I'm running a x64 version.

Well, somebody have any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

Matiello

A:Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 / Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Well, I'd test that x64 hypothesis if I could on another computer. It doesn't really sound right to me.

Another thing could be there was a hiccup in installing the drivers and you need to reinstall them. Uninstall the old driver completely and reinstall them.

There could be a potential hardware compatibility issue somewhere down the line.

Another thing you could do if you have the time is make a spare partition and install the x86 version on it and try the camera there and see if you still have issues, if so, then that makes it lean towards a hardware incompatibility issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28429-microsoft-lifecam-vx-1000-windows-7-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Before I start I use this same USB camera in the same setup on three different computers of different makes and the problem only occurs on this one here are the specs Computer has had a fresh install all drivers installed and runs perfectly including PC games except for this one annoyance Windows XP Home SP Dell Optilplex SFF Intel Core Duo E Gb RAM Gb Hard Drive Trouble is this whenever I try to use the camera the microphone does not work but the video does I have to unplug the camera and then re-connect it and then suddenly the microphone turns on So for example when someone phones me on skype I have to reconnect the camera to make the microphone work its rather tedious This occurs everytime I restart or turn on the computer again Worse still every now and then the microphone Microsoft microphone [SOLVED] Lifecam odd VX-3000 behaviour. ceases to respond even though I replug it [SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 odd microphone behaviour. In this case I have to go to the Control Panel -- gt Sound and [SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 odd microphone behaviour. Audio devices - gt Audio tab - gt Sound Recording and uncheck the mute button as well as put up the volume for the microphone So something is automatically muting the microphone This makes me think that there is a software conflict and that some software is overriding the lifecam and muting it I've checked the system tab and found no conflicts and only one audio recording device which is the camera Any help would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 odd microphone behaviour.

Just to add SoundMAX analog is the audio driver the Optiplex uses.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-odd-microphone-behaviour-631822.html
Relevancy 60.2%

As Indicated in the title I am using a quot Microsoft LifeCam VX- quot as my web cam I am using Windows XP with Service Pack installed The camera is working fine but the service running it I assume it is the one that appears as vVX exe in my task manager is causing a slight irritation everytime I shut down my computer It refuses to let itself be turned off by windows Instead the following error message is displayed End Program - CameraMonitor VX This program is not responding To return to Windows LifeCam Process [SOLVED] VX-3000 Microsoft Problem and check the status of the program click Cancel If you choose to end the program immediately you will lose any unsaved data To end the program now click End Now There is of course no unsaved data to be lost and if I click quot End Now quot the process is ended and Windows proceeds to Shut Down However I often forget about this minor nuisance tell my computer to shut down and leave to find the computer still running the next morning because quot CameraMonitor VX quot is not responding This has been annoying me for a while now and I was wondering whether it is possible to make windows force quit the process automatically every time I shut down Any help would be appreciated PS A completely separate thing I was wondering about regarding the quot vVX exe quot process is weather [SOLVED] Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Process Problem one can make it run only when the Web Camera is actually connected to the computer I don't like processes running in the background when they are clearly not needed like a web cam process when the web cam is not connected out of principal Even if they are so insignificantly small they don't actually influence system performance in any way

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Process Problem

have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the application?

if you are running xp pro you can create a batch file with taskkill to run at shutdown.

you can disable it from starting up all together using autoruns.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-process-problem-407759.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Device Stage was working in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, after I formatted my hard drive it installed correctly but there is no device stage for the webcam. There is a default webcam icon and it is using the generic drivers. I have updated the firmware and installed the latest version of Lifecam and drivers, but still nothing has changed.
Done all the windows updates and changed the device installation settings. How do get device stage to work again?

A:Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam - No Device Stage

Not sure if this is what you need? Silverlight?

Device management - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223740-microsoft-lifecam-studio-webcam-no-device-stage.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I have a Windows Ultimate bits PC and the LifeCam software does not detect 7 Windows Microsoft cammera software LifeCam on not Vx-800 does detect the webcam Just purchased a Microsoft LifeCam VX- webcam I have tried several quot solutions quot with no luck including the Microsoft LifeCam Vx-800 software does not detect cammera on Windows 7 ones from the Microsoft Microsoft LifeCam Vx-800 software does not detect cammera on Windows 7 website http support microsoft com kb en-us I also tried the following with no luck ---------------------------------------------- Try the following Disconnect and reconnect the LifeCam Disconnect other unused USB devices Use a different USB port on the computer If you can connect Microsoft LifeCam Vx-800 software does not detect cammera on Windows 7 to a USB port If you are using a USB hub unplug the LifeCam from the hub and plug it directly into your computer Restart your computer Uninstall and then reinstall the LifeCam software from www microsoft com hardware --------------------------------------------- Other webcam applications includying Windows Live Messenger detect the camera and can use it with no problems Orb can stream the camera to my ipod touch as well with no problems The only problem is with the LifeCam software This is so frustrating I can't believe I'm having a hard time with a simple piece of plug and play hardware Anyone knows what may be going wrong Thanks

A:Microsoft LifeCam Vx-800 software does not detect cammera on Windows 7

Hi -

If the Microsoft Lifecam works, what is the exact issue?

I don't quite understand what the problem is here, i.e., what is it that you are trying to do with the webcam that won't work?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-lifecam-vx-800-software-does-not-detect-cammera-on-windows-7-a-506605.html
Relevancy 58.91%

This is my first visit to a forum and first attempt to post I use Windows XP SP and am trying install a Microsoft LifeCam HD camera for use with problem MS HD LifeCam gives LifeCam.exe message encountered a 300 has Skyype I initially installed the cam using the software on the supplied disk On completion of installation I got the above message I have just installed Skype and found that the mic was working but when I tried to set MS LifeCam HD 300 gives message LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem up the camera I got the message MS LifeCam HD 300 gives message LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem quot The camera is in use by another programme I could not find any other programme using the cam I uninstalled the programme and re-installed Same MS LifeCam HD 300 gives message LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem result I then seardhed for drivers on the web and found LifeCam exe which I downloded and installed With this I got the message quot There is no camera installed on this computer quot I then came to the Microsoft site and found LifeCam exe and downloaded and installed it I have come the full circle and am back with the original error message and at a loss where to go next Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG WH AAD - BQWH XB Antivirus ESET NOD antivirus system Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled beetle nbsp

A:MS LifeCam HD 300 gives message LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem

Update. Microsoft offered to replace cam so I returned it to retailer instead. I traded it for a different manufacturers camera, am I permitted to say (a Logitech HD webcam C510), which installed perfectly, including identifying I had Skype, Windows Live and Facebook. I believe the problem was software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-lifecam-hd-300-gives-message-lifecam-exe-has-encountered-a-problem.996994/
Relevancy 58.91%

lifecam.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...wait before u jump to conclusions..that is only part....of this...the cam works perfectly...you just can't get into the software itself...the actual program will not open but the camera works on yahoo messenger and everywhere else i want to webcam...how do i get into the actual webcam.program...nothing i have tried works..it always comes back to that message....i have uninstalled reinstalled...went to Microsoft and downloaded a better version..it is compatible with my xp and never had a problem until now...what do i do...oh and there are no updates or fixes on Microsoft

22 minutes ago
- 4 days left to answer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everytime-i-double-click-on-my-desktop-icon-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-i-get-the-fol.963753/
Relevancy 45.15%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Alfred Herrero at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - and reinstalls vrt*.tmp uninstalls Running Processes C WINDOWSsystem svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWSSystem svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program FilesIntelWirelessBinS EvMon exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWSSystem WLTRYSVC EXEC Program FilesLavasoftAd-AwareAAWService exeC WINDOWSsystem spoolsv exesvchost exeC vrt*.tmp uninstalls and reinstalls Program FilesIntelWirelessBinEvtEng exeC Program FilesJavajre binjqs exeC WINDOWSsystem nvsvc exeC Program FilesIntelWirelessBinRegSrvc exeC WINDOWSsystem svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program FilesViewpointCommonViewpointService exeC WINDOWSExplorer EXEC Program FilesIntelWirelessbinZCfgSvc exeC Program FilesSigmaTelC-Major AudioWDMstsystra exeC Program FilesCommon FilesInstallShieldUpdateServiceISUSPM exeC WINDOWSsystem ctfmon exeC Program FilesLavasoftAd-AwareAAWTray exeC Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exeC WINDOWSsystem taskmgr exeC WINDOWSSystem bcmwltry exeC Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exeC Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exeC Program FilesInternet vrt*.tmp uninstalls and reinstalls Exploreriexplore exeC Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exeC Documents and SettingsAlfred HerreroDesktopdds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileTB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No FileuRun ISUSPM quot c program filescommon filesinstallshieldupdateserviceISUSPM exe quot -scheduleruRun ctfmon exe c windowssystem ctfmon exeuRun do not delete c windowssystem do not delete exemRun IntelZeroConfig quot c program filesintelwirelessbinZCfgSvc exe quot mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTelC-Major AudioWDMstsystra exemRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windowssystem NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun nwiz nwiz exe installquietmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windowssystem NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun AT amp T Communication Manager quot c program filesat amp tcommunication managerATTCM exe quot -adRun mswindows restore service c windowstempzno rz exedRun pridl quot c documents and settingsalfred herreroapplication datapridlpridl exe quot A B BBF B FF F B E B F AA EBD D C B F dRun do not delete c windowssystem do not delete exeuExplorerRun do not delete c windowssystem do not delete exemExplorerRun do not delete c windowssystem do not delete exedExplorerRun do not delete c windowssystem do not delete exeIE d - baa- bc - cf -a d db - c documents and settingsalfred herrerostart menuprogramsimvuRun IMVU lnkIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnosticxpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program filesmessengermsmsgs exeIE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program fileswindows livewriterWriterBrowserExtension dllLSP bmnet dllTrusted Zone army milwww usTrusted Zone worldofwarcraft comwwwDPF E D - E- - FC- AB B C - file C Program Files SCRABBLE Images stg drm ocxDPF FA - ABD- A - F - BF - hxxps www play net components activex AXSAL ocxDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current ultrashim cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CC D -CC - C- - F DBAC A - file C Program Files SCRABBLE Images armhelper ocxDPF D C F C- A- -A - ACFD AB - hxxp games myspace com Gameshell GameHost OberonGameHost cabDPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload m... Read more

A:vrt*.tmp uninstalls and reinstalls

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244074/vrttmp-uninstalls-and-reinstalls/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
I had to install Hostsman but it got annoying when ot blocked many safe websites.
I uninstalled it using Control panel and uninstall a program and it seemed to have worked ok, but the safe websites (as ESPN.com fantasy, Meebo, and others) continue blocked or partly blocked.
Thanks for any help.

A:Hostsman does not uninstalls

It was not the tool thats blocking your access it's the entries in your HOSTS file that is blocking the sites. You need to edit the hosts file to gain access to those sites. By removing the application Hostsman you now need to do it manually.Take a look here, Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File for more information on what a HOSTS file is and how to edit or update it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368215/hostsman-does-not-uninstalls/
Relevancy 45.15%

all of the non Microsoft anti-virus and anti-malware packages? TIA H NolanMod Edit.. Moved to Antivirus discussion ~~ boopme

A:Is there an infection that uninstalls...

There are some malware infections which will target anti-virus and security software but I am not aware of any which will uninstall everything. These types of infections typically disable security tools and related components.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618422/is-there-an-infection-that-uninstalls/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a computer with a PCCHIPS P25G motherboard pent 4 2.93 gig processor and 1 gig memory. The Ethernet is integrated. Win Xp w/sp 3 OS. This computer has worked fine for over 3 yrs. Now when it boots up it says it found new hardware and installs the Ethernet then after about a minute it two it uninstalls the the Ethernet and stays uninstalled until it is rebooted and the process starts all over again. When it uninstalls a window pops up saying unist complete when you close that window a window pops up saying "WIN UNIST CANNOT FIND PROPER NIC, CLICK OK TO EXIT PROGRAM"

Thanks for any help,
RLB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-uninstalls-it-self.890185/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have tried three times to install a free version of CASecurity Suite and each time all the components install without a hitch except the antispyware which installs and then uninstalls when I shut down.
This computer is running xp media center version and has just been repaired after major virus and spyware infestation.
I have downloaded and run windows installer cleanup utility (msicuu2.exe) and that fixes things until I shutdown again.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:program uninstalls

If the CASecurity Suite install is going to keep giving you problems then either download the install file again (the one you have may be corrupted) or forget it and try some of the other popular free security applications that are available.

examples:
AVG or Avast for AntiVirus
SpyBot S&D
Windows Defender
SpywareBlaster
Zone Alarm for your Firewall

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-uninstalls.670305/
Relevancy 45.15%

Windows 8 seems to have a problem with uninstalling software. I've had three separate issues where I've needed to reinstall a piece of software and the uninstall process wasn't thorough so I can't reinstall the software. First time with FEAR, I wanted to reinstall in compatibility mode to see if I could get the game to run, then with Miroslav Philharmonik, when I accidentally deleted a registry entry, and now with Clive Barker's Jericho. These installs don't work in compatibility mode or in normal mode after being uninstalled. Is there a way to truly uninstall programs?

A:True uninstalls

First, if you uninstall something, so you can reinstall it, always do a PC restart before reinstalling. If not, many times, left overs or the problem that caused the reinstall is still there.

Second, I use Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall programs. The Revo Uninstaller will set a system restore, then run the program's uninstaller, then scan the registry for left over items and finally scan the hard drive for left over files and give you the option to remove them. Then restart the PC and you will have a "clean" point to reinstall.

The Revo Uninstaller (free version) will only work on 32 bit programs. The Pro (Paid version) will also work on 64 bit programs.
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/18273-true-uninstalls.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all I have an odd situation I just purchased a Samsung YP-U J mb flash mp player from player mp3 installs uninstalls? then Future Shop mp3 player installs then uninstalls? I take it home and plug the unit right in my USB port It charges up fine it has an internal battery and the player itself works and plays the demo s songs great However XP refuses to acknowledge this storge device when plugged in the USB port You know that sound you get when you connect a USB device Well my other USB storage devices work fine when i plug them in and you hear the Windows quot ding quot But with the new Samsung it dings and mp3 player installs then uninstalls? dongs right away that is the sounds indicates that you disconnected it immediately even though i did not Took it back to Future Shop and they plug it into their windows computer mp3 player installs then uninstalls? and it works no problem Tried the samsung on on all my different ports with no success It connects and immediately disconnects even though it works on other computers Plus my other USB devices USB storage mouse keyboards etc all work great on my system My system is updated with SP and all the latest patches from Autopatcher Also i do have USB Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-player-installs-then-uninstalls.521542/
Relevancy 44.72%

when i go to uninstall java,it comes back saying i have error on my wizard install,how do i correct this problem

A:[SOLVED] uninstalls and installs

and welcome to the Forum

Try using Revo Uninstaller . . Revo Uninstaller - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-uninstalls-and-installs-584984.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm posting here because I think it would end up moved here after my explanation maybe I'm working on a laptop that had some worms and such on it I could not get Avast to install At the end of the install process it said it was uninstalling and then says it failed and give a log I don't uninstalls Avast during installation understand it well enough to say I can use it to figure Avast uninstalls during installation out what's going on Anyway this is an XP machine It is fully up to date with SP on it I have run malwarebytes even the FULL scan and it no longer finds anything There WAS a stubborn worm on there kept hogging the CPU kept renaming itself even found its way onto my flash drive at one point fortunately the next computer I put it in was completely protected and found and removed it from my flash drive After looking at a few topics here I decided to try the ESET online scanner It found and removed some things I'll post a log file from that it's not long Since then the worm seems to be gone Further ESET scans find nothing no odd programs running in the task manager OR startup I have tried installing in safe mode which is frustrating to try since F doesn't seem to be the method of getting into safemode on this thing gateway mx I've tried disabling non-essential services and ALL startup programs still no joy Every time I try to install Avast it gets to the end and then simply uninstalls I considered posting this in the antivirus section and the xp section but I have this feeling that wherever I post it someone will suggest that either the laptop is still infected OR damage from past infections may be causing the issue I'm not sure but I figured I'd start here Please move it if you find it belongs somewhere else I'm just not sure what to try next I tried to install hijack this to see if I could find anything there that didn't belong still but that wont install either Here's the log from the ESET scan Let me know if there's anything else I should look at or try C Documents and Settings Owner jason autorun inf INF Autorun worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason piodoox exe Win AutoRun VB LR worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason tiouqix exe Win AutoRun VB LR worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason xuviz exe Win AutoRun VB LR worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason xuviz scr Win AutoRun VB LR worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason My Documents Downloads DeerHunter Setup-dm exe a variant of Win Adware Trymedia A application cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason My Documents Downloads fruit-ninja exe a variant of Win InstallCore AT application cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason My Documents Downloads GraboidVideoSetup- -Complete exe Win Graboid application cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason My Documents Downloads hu setup-dm exe a variant of Win Adware Trymedia A application cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason My Documents Downloads iLividSetupV exe Win Toolbar SearchSuite application cleaned by deleting - quarantined C Documents and Settings Owner jason My Documents Downloads vidcodec exe a variant of Win TrojanDownloader Autoit NJU trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc exe Win Graboid application cleaned by deleting - quarantined C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc exe Win Graboid application cleaned by deleting - quarantined

A:Avast uninstalls during installation

Please post the Avast log here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488849/avast-uninstalls-during-installation/
Relevancy 44.72%

Pardon me I'm a bit of an interloper here but I came across some advice that I think needs correcting Even though it was posted two years ago it was posted by an MVP gregrocker I was looking for some info on removal of Google Updater and came across this thread from a couple of years ago -- quot Windows How do I remove Google Update Service gudate gudatem from services quot In that thread gregrocker suggests that the proper way to use MSCONFIG during uninstalls is to disable the relevent items in MSCONFIG first then restart I presume though it isn't specified and then proceed with the items to be uninstalled now disabled and according to gregrocker able to be uninstalled becasue they aren't in use This advice shows a fundamental misunderstanding of way installers uninstallers and systems controlled from MSCONFIG work The proper sequence is as follows Run MSCONFIG disable all Startup and non-MS services leaving only anti-malware and any possible hardware support that might exist and that you think you'll need during the procedure Click OK and reboot Go back to MSCONFIG and re-enable everything but DO NOT restart Do your installing or uninstalling reboot use the during uninstalls Regarding installs MSCONFIG of and even if not told to do so Why First It's not needed If an installer uninstaller can't do something delete a file because it's locked for instance it's put on a list to delete during restart IOW there is no need to stop the item first The installer is perfectly capable of getting around such things In fact it's BAD to do things the way gregrocker suggests Unless the installer is REAL good it will typically look in the Run keys of the Registry for startup commands but it will not look in whatever location the disabled startup commands are stored when you use MSCONFIG to stop them The result is that after the app is uninstalled the startup command comes back when you re-enable things and has to be deleted from the Run keys etc manually The only reason to use MSCONFIG for install uninstall is if other apps are running in the background causing problems and can't be stopped on the fly Even then Task Manager is often a Regarding the use of MSCONFIG during installs and uninstalls faster and more precise solution Ronin

A:Regarding the use of MSCONFIG during installs and uninstalls

I have never, ever used msconfig during an install or un install of a program, you`re right, it`s not needed.

Greg was just trying to convey his expert advice, which we`ve all come to appreciate.

He has personally helped me out with problems and has always been courteous and professional

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313585-regarding-use-msconfig-during-installs-uninstalls.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I installed Windows on our motels business computer a few days ago Everything was fine Then last night I uninstalled a few programs and disabled Windows Media player I installed Reboot Restore When I was prompted to restart the system there were updates available so let it go to install the updates and restart When the system restarted Reboot Restore did its thing but when the Windows icon came up and it tried to boot I got that silly smiley face and the Blue Screen The message was quot Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart You can restart quot Then below that it read quot For more information you can search uninstalls won't update PC After and boot online later for this error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot Then nothing Now I get nothing I can t boot into the system Is there a way to do a restore without being able to boot into the OS If not does anyone have a solution P S I have a feeling that I did this when I disabled Windows Media player if that helps at all nbsp

A:After update and uninstalls PC won't boot

I don't think reboot restore is fully compatible with W10
It sounds like reboot restore has kicked in before the W10 updates were fully applied and are blocking the updates from taking so leaving an incompatible driver
You will need to boot using a windows dvd/usb and try to restore to before the updates

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-update-and-uninstalls-pc-wont-boot.1160423/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi, i installed firefox in my computer and used it the once before i shut my computer down. When i went on my computer again later that day, when i tried firefox it said ' the item Firefox.exe that refers to a shortcut hs been changed or moved'. However, firefox is still in program fils, but still doent work from there. Everytime reinstall firefox this happens, but doesnt do it with my dads computer. Can anyone help?

i have firefox 3.5 by the way,
thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

I have tried three times to install a free version of CASecurity Suite and each time all the components install without a hitch except the antispyware which installs and then uninstalls when I shut down.
This computer is running xp media center version and has just been repaired after major virus and spyware infestation.
I have downloaded and run windows installer cleanup utility (msicuu2.exe) and that fixes things until I shutdown again.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Xp Uninstalls Antispyware At Shutdown

Did you pay for it? CA Security review Kind of lukewarm there are better and free alternatives here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.htmlMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125115/xp-uninstalls-antispyware-at-shutdown/
Relevancy 44.72%

Got a strange problem with a clients laptop.

Intermittently, when the machine has been powered off, upon booting machine back on the wireless card will be uninstalled.

They will then have to go through the process of reinstalling it and will will be ok for a random time then happen again out of the blue.

But only if the machine is powered off, but again intermittently. They can power it off and boot up one time and it'll be fine another time it will have uninstalled.

It's a Vista home premium machine with Intel wireless card.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards

A:Wireless uninstalls when shutdown.

Hi -

Have you check in with the Device Manager?
START | devmgmt.msc - click View, enable hidden devices

Any red/ yellow flags?

Expand NETWORK tree branch. What is the name and date of the driver(s)?

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-uninstalls-when-shutdown-364828.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Every time I reboot my system or revive it from sleepmode the audio driver is uninstalled If I try to install the driver again it works perfectly until I reboot the system To resolve this I have tried reinstalling multiple versions of the driver updating the driver doing a system restore to an earlier image reboots Uninstalls Audio at Driver and doing a system restore to Audio Driver Uninstalls at reboots factory settings I don t know what else I can try and the persistence of the problem is getting frustrating Has anyone had this problem before More importantly does anyone have the knowledge to help me Either way thanks for reading Here is my system info ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name THOMAS-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model UL VT BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Genuine Intel R CPU U GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce G M Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce G M DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV A amp SUBSYS AF amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model LP WH -TLA Monitor Id LGD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- -F A C C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x A SubSys ID x AF Revision ID x A ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID Manufacturer ID Product ID Type Driver Name Driver Version Driver Attributes WHQL Logo d Date and Size Other Files Driver Provider HW Accel Level Emulation Only Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub Driver usbhub sys bytes Driver usbd sys bytes ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- ------------ PS Devices ------------ Keyboard Device Filter Matching Device ID pnp Upper Filters kbfiltr Service i prt Driver kbfiltr sys bytes Driver i prt sys bytes Driver kbdclass sys bytes Terminal Server Keyboard Driver Matching Device ID root rdp kbd Upper Filters kbdclass Service TermDD Driver i prt sys bytes Driver kbdclass sys bytes ELAN PS Port Smart-Pad Matching Device ID etd Upper Filters ETD Service i prt Driver ETD sys bytes Driver ETDCtrl exe bytes Driver ETDApix dll bytes Driver ETDCmds dll bytes Driver ETDMag exe bytes Driver ETDUninst dll bytes Driver ETDUninst exe bytes Driver ETDMcpl dll bytes Driver ETDApi dll bytes Driver ETDFavorite dll bytes Driver ETDApi dll bytes Driver ETDUI cpl bytes Driver i prt sys bytes Driver mouclass sys bytes Terminal Server Mouse Driver Matching Device ID root rdp mou Upper Filters mouclass Service TermDD Driver termdd sys bytes... Read more

A:Audio Driver Uninstalls at reboots

So you have done a Factory Restore on it and it still occurs? If so you need to contact Asus and get the laptop repaired or replaced under warranty as that would imply its a hardware fault.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-driver-uninstalls-at-reboots.913632/
Relevancy 44.29%

the audio driver on my HP Spectre keeps on disappearing, I have re installed with the help of HP support. Any idea's why this is happening

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/audio-driver-uninstalls-on-hp-spectre/td-p/5744646
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I bought Sims 2 on Ebay about 3 years ago, turned out to be in Thai, managed to change the language but then my old comp wasn't powerful enough to run it so I gave up. I've got a new comp so I've tried again but I hit a problem when I try and install Nightlife or patch the original.

Vanilla Sims 2 installs fine. Nightlife installs then says it's going to patch (with no option not to patch) and asks me to insert original Sims 2 CD 4. I do that and it says cannot patch then uninstalls Nightlife. If I try and run the patch file for vanilla Sims 2 it says unable to copy from disc.

Any thoughts on how I can get Nightlife to install and/or patch the game?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-nightlife-uninstalls-on-patch.947686/
Relevancy 44.29%

I can't figure out why this is happening to one of the XP workstations at my work. I log in as the user, add the network printer, test it and it prints fine. Then as soon as he logs off then back in, it's gone. It can be re-added just fine but it won't stay! I've never had any problems with that before on any other users' PCs.
We're on a domain and our domain controller is also our print server so it's all server-based. We also use roaming profiles which I believe makes the printers be tied to the machine instead of the user profile but I can't figure out why it's deleting the printer over and over. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] printer uninstalls itself between logins

Try logging in as an Admin, not the user and install the printer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-printer-uninstalls-itself-between-logins-625207.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys

Is there a free software out there that will monitor when software is installed on a computer and uninstalled? Also when things are deleted?

A:Software to Monitor Installs and Uninstalls

Norton has a tool for monitoring registry changes but I recommend 3 freeware : Total Uninstall which has an uninstall option or Regshot or Inctrl5 (from Zdnet) which produces a html report with all modifications.

1) Regshot : 34 Kb ( http://regshot.yeah.net/ ). Reports in HTML format. Enough if you just want to see the updates in the registry an on your disk.

2) Inctrl5 (no more free download from ZDNET )

Same as Regshot. By default InCtrl5 checks for the existence of several specific files. Under Windows 9x, it seeks AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS in the root directory of the boot drive, and WINSTART.BAT in the Windows folder. Under Windows NT4 or 2000, it seeks AUTOEXEC.NT and CONFIG.NT in the Windows System folder. With this feature, you will not only know that a critical file has changed, you will see the differences between the saved file and the new file.

http://pascal.oudot.free.fr/telechar/logs/inctrl5.exe

3) Total Uninstall : has a "Undo" function and a "regedit" look to show new/modified keys. Cares for the SharedDLLs. Reports in txt format. Able to uninstall an application. Can exclude some folders (TIF, e.g.), not possible with RegShot or Inctrl5.

http://www.geocities.com/ggmartau/download/download.html (homepage)

http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/61416.shtml
I must say that some applications create keys when you use them for the first time and even later, depending on the options you use. It's maybe interesting to record the second snapshot after a while, not just after installation has ended. So it's very difficult to track everything but with such tools, you have more control on your system and (almost) all the "garbage" left by applications can be wiped.
The best for you is maybe to format and restart from scratch with Windows and then, track everything you install with a snapshot tool. I don't *hate* my Registry but I'm not ready to allow programs to leave garbage in my registry and my disk when I uninstall them.
Even if you have nothing to install, you can try one of this tool. Take the first "picture" when you start Windows and take the second just before the shutdown. You will see a lot of modifications in the registry and in your files. I do it since my last format and I keep the daily reports in an archive, so I know exactly when a key/file has been added/created/removed.

Pierre.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-to-monitor-installs-and-uninstalls.166240/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Crystal WDM Audio soundcard and the driver keeps uninstalling itself everytime I restart my computer - at least that's what I think it's doing. If I try to play a music file or watch a video I get an error telling me no soundcard is installed, and if I install the latest version of the driver for my card then the problem is solved, but only until I shut my computer down and start it up again the next time. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Relevancy 44.29%

i have had the sims 2 for a long time now. i installed the sims 2 NL it worked perfectly. Soon after i installed Pets EP. It started up fine until i got to the part where i choose the neighborhood. It said something about me uninstalling nightlife[ which i didnt]. I checked and all the files where where in the right place please i need help idk what to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-pets-uninstalls-nightlife.729954/
Relevancy 44.29%

Got a strange problem with a clients laptop.

Intermittently, when the machine has been powered off, upon booting machine back on the wireless card will be uninstalled.

They will then have to go through the process of reinstalling it and will will be ok for a random time then happen again out of the blue.

But only if the machine is powered off, but again intermittently. They can power it off and boot up one time and it'll be fine another time it will have uninstalled.

It's a Vista home premium machine with Intel wireless card.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-driver-uninstalls-when-shutdown.817173/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've just bought a new (re-furb) pc with Windows 7 (64 bit) and installed my m-audio firewire 410. I disabled the realtek soundcard that's in the pc. I've updated the drivers and everything seems to be there but when I play anything it either uninstalls or says it's not configured after about four seconds. It makes a bang sound on my speakers when it uninstalls. I've been using a camera input as the pc has no firewire port. I was told by PC World that USB2 is as fast as firewire which is why no one has them anymore. Does anyone know what's going on? I've had problems before and worked them out but this one is new! Go slowly I'm not a tech-head Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-m-audio-fw-410-uninstalls-after-playing-for-a-few-seconds.924217/
Relevancy 44.29%

WinXP SP3
4GB mem
Explorer 7
Lifecam Vx 3000

After a major crash( sometimes blue screen) or a freeze and when I have to
do a manual reboot recycling the power, the web cam is uninstalled.

After the reboot, the "found new hardware utility" starts and it identifies
the WEBCAM as new hardware. At that point, I have to erase the previous
instalation of the webcam because I don't know where WINXp keeps it's
drivers, and reinstall completely the camera. The automated sequence to find
the drivers is unsuccessful.
Basically the webcam vanishes after the crash.
I don't even know where Win saves the drivers .

I'd appreciate input.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/livecam-vx3000-uninstalls-after-crash-324946.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I was Will Not Work Mumble After Multiple Uninstalls trying to update my Mumble Will Not Work After Multiple Uninstalls software for Mumble which was from to so I uninstalled the other version and attempted to install the new one When I try to run the file I get the error dbus-daemon Mumble Will Not Work After Multiple Uninstalls exe has stopped working I am running on Windows Vista and I was just trying to get back on so I can GM for World of Warcraft Mumble is just a freely based voice chat server Here is my Hi Jack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareBlock Class - A E F- A- B -B -E C A F - C Program Files GhostSurf SCActiveBlock dll file missing O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C Windows system GPhotos scr O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - c Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - c Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button Research... Read more

A:Mumble Will Not Work After Multiple Uninstalls

Welcome to BC

Sorry for the delay, the forum has been extremely busy lately.

Since its been a few days, please post a fresh Hijackthis log. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120663/mumble-will-not-work-after-multiple-uninstalls/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a customer who has a chronic problem with his computer and I think it is AOL related. I set it back to factory defaults via the built-in system recovery. I then install all his software except AOL. I deliver it back to him with the advice to not install AOL software again.

At some point a week or three later, he calls with this slowness and hesitations problem again. He insists he is not installing AOL software; but, I see remnants of it. I think he is installing it then uninstalling it before he calls again and is lying about it.

Where in Windows can I find logs that might reveal which programs are installed, when they are installed and when they are uninstalled?

In the absence of that, is there something I can put on the system that will track the above?

Relevancy 43.43%

I have an e-machine T6520 with Windows Media Center for the operating system.
I installed the HP 5510 drivers and all seems to go fine on installation, however, every time I re-boot the machine, I get the sound wav indicating unplugging a usb device, then the wav indicating plugging back in. The HP software starts back up at 96% and goes through the final steps of installing the printer drivers and all. If It doesn't go through that process again, I have no printer installed.
Talked to e-machine hoping to find solutions and they merely told me to send it to them and be prepared for my hard drive to be formatted before it's returned.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 43.43%

I had Installed Adobe Creative Suite CS Yahoo Instant Messanger v Deamon Tools latest version Out of the blue something hung BSOD reboot and I did a quot Check for Problems quot It did it's thing and moments later it booted just fine Windows seems to have removed these Problem Programs? Automatically Uninstalls Windows7 programs without warning I don't mind that if there was a problem it removed them but at least tell me Windows7 Automatically Uninstalls Problem Programs? or let me know about the problem How about a log file heh Seven told me nothing All the Program Groups shortcuts were gone but the folders remained for Adobe CS Suite with no Windows7 Automatically Uninstalls Problem Programs? executables I think the folders and such were locked perhaps Deamon Tools I understand has issues so not a big deal that it got removed Yahoo IM removed Windows7 Automatically Uninstalls Problem Programs? thogh very weird Is this normal behavior And before you say it no I dont have any viruses I use AVG Free v and Malwarebytes - Fresh OS install just a few days ago

A:Windows7 Automatically Uninstalls Problem Programs?

Hi pchaXor, welcome to the forums.

Were all 3 programs running at the same time? It could be that the crash had corrupted the EXE files, in which case they may have been deleted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/11100-windows7-automatically-uninstalls-problem-programs.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been happy with my T400 laptop and Win 7. After being "bugged" by Win10 pop ups, yesterday I did the upgrade to Win 10. I have noticed that my McAffee Security Suiute, Malware Bytes and Adblock Pluse have been disconnected. I could reactivate the Malware Bytes and Adblock Plus. The McAfee Security Suite is missing in action. I can't find it anywhere.

1st Be careful when you upgrade to Win 10. It doesn't ask permission.

2nd If there is someone out there that knows how I might find my McAfee Security Suite, please let me know. Its been 24 hours and I'm certain it is hungry and afraid.

Thanks!

A:Be vary careful ... WIN uninstalls security systems.

Originally Posted by jerrylshaw

I have been happy with my T400 laptop and Win 7. After being "bugged" by Win10 pop ups, yesterday I did the upgrade to Win 10. I have noticed that my McAffee Security Suiute, Malware Bytes and Adblock Pluse have been disconnected. I could reactivate the Malware Bytes and Adblock Plus. The McAfee Security Suite is missing in action. I can't find it anywhere.

Chances are, the version of McAffee you had installed was not compatible with Windows 10, and rather than leaving your system in an unstable state, it simply did not migrate it to the new version.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/29092-vary-careful-win-uninstalls-security-systems.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I recently had problems with my desktop. First the driver for the keyboard was blocked (which someone on this site helped me fix) now it keeps uninstalling MBAM and when I try to reinstall it an error message appears that says "CreateProcess failed; code 2 The system cannot find the specified file." On top of that whenever I try to boot it in safemode it just keeps trying to reboot. I've tried system restore and that no longer works. Also, popups have been appearing. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Desktop infected, uninstalls MBAM and popups

Hello, see if Miekimoes fix works.Code 2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282084/desktop-infected-uninstalls-mbam-and-popups/
Relevancy 43.43%

Once again, I am presented with more computer delimmas after having my computer repaired. I am so frustrated with my PC, I could throw it somewhere.
I am wondering what are safe ways to uninstall remnants of Norton &True Vector. As a result of not be able to fully uninstall these darn programs, I suspect that I am encountered numerous problems (such as not be able to fully use my windows media player ,mentioned in another post). In the other post , someone had suggested removal of the programs using Hijack This. I wondering how safe is it to remove these programs using that program. Would it be more safe to use a registry cleaner. If so, what are my options?:

Relevancy 43.43%

Note
This affects:Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3021952)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3004375)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3031432)
This also affects important updates:Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3004375)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3031432)

When I run Windows Update cleanup I'm being prompted to install these updates again, every time!

A:Windows Update Cleanup uninstalls updates

Yeah this is a known problem.
We're not sure whether it's a problem with the tool, or a problem with the udpates - but MS are aware of it (so I understand) and should be working on a fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368383-windows-update-cleanup-uninstalls-updates.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hi guys.
i was trying to upgrade my mobile intel 900 series graphics drivers to get opengl support on windows 7. here is what I did:

1. Uninstalled drivers in device manager and checked off the "delete drivers" which I believe removes the drivers from driver store
2. Figured Intel doesn't have drivers for this chip
3. Now I can't get back the original drivers. Everytime I click on "update drivers" in device manager - it says no drivers found for this chip. I have no system restore and everytime I try to install Windows XP drivers (obtained from lenovo x41 support) - it automatically gets removed.

I have lost the hibernate and standby feature. please help as my laptop doesn't go on standby when I close the lid.. I have IBM Thinkpad x41 tablet if that helps.

A:can't install mobile intel 900 graphics - uninstalls itself

Have you tried using intel's tool?
Intel? Driver Update Utility

they have drivers for it I'm sure just difficult to find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/148431-cant-install-mobile-intel-900-graphics-uninstalls-itself.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I stupidly uninstalled several programs NTI Shadow CC Cleaner Google Chrome and Google Gone After Program Vista Files Uninstalls Desktop Desktop are what I remember on this laptop previously used by someone else and when I was through I got the error message c windows system config systemprofile Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable and all but a few icons had disappeared from my desktop I restarted the computer and no longer get this error message but the files have not returned I ran chkdsk the computer did not seem to find any errors and tried using a couple data recovery programs The programs could only recover at-least-two-week-old archive versions of a few files on the desktop which makes me think that the files were not spontaneously deleted but why can't I Vista Desktop Files Gone After Program Uninstalls find them The computer doesn't have any System Restore points and I do not have a Vista CD FYI I'm extremely frustrated because the only files I had on this computer were on the desktop and I was planning to wipe the drive today and use XP on here so I really shouldn't've bothered uninstalling programs but now I'm stuck on some strange file hunt I'd much appreciate help from anyone Thanks in advance

A:Vista Desktop Files Gone After Program Uninstalls

if your going to restore to xp, just use the recovery partition...
Laptop Recovery Instructions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-desktop-files-gone-after-program-uninstalls-547512.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I also From Memory Uninstalls Files Bad Unkown Errors And uploaded the log file PLEASE HELP SOON Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Error Expert ErrorExpert exeC Program Files Safari Safari exeC Windows system Unkown Files From Bad Uninstalls And Memory Errors NOTEPAD EXEC Windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Users jnhVy r hg - Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www altavista com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Unkown Files From Bad Uninstalls And Memory Errors Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - no file O - HKLM Run MSConfig quot C Windows system msconfig exe quot autoO - HKLM Run OneCareUI quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe quot O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Bonjour - F DB C-E - ca -A D-ACC - no file O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c program files bonjour mdnsnsp dll' missingO - Gopher Prefix O - DPF CF ACC -E BB- AFF-AC - C F BCA get atlcom Class - http wwwimages adobe com www adobe com p obat nos gp cabO - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get shoc ash swflash cabO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain NKJHJBHHJG- hhsbdjhjdhjshgdgh orgO - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain NKJHJBHHJG- hhsbdjhjdhjshgdgh orgO - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain NKJHJBHHJG- hhsbdjhjdhjshgdgh orgO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C Windows system PnkBstrA exeO - Service PnkBstrB - Unknown owner - C Windows system PnkBstrB exeO - Service XAudioService - Conexant Systems Inc - C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe--End of file - bytes

A:Unkown Files From Bad Uninstalls And Memory Errors

Hello and welcome to BCWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. We aim to provide the valuable service known to come from BC to every member we can, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay. Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save to your Desktop.alternate download siteDSS will do the following:Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
malicious.When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:main.txt <- this one will be maximizedextra.txt <- this one will be minimizedIf not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.If you already preformed the steps above We still need to see the current state of the machine fresh scan and logs are still necessaryclick on Start, click on Run copy and paste the following in bold in the open window and then click OK"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /configThis will open up DSS configuration click on Check Allclick ScanDSS will now run again when finishedPlease post back both logs that open in notepadMain txt and extra txtNextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158390/unkown-files-from-bad-uninstalls-and-memory-errors/
Relevancy 43%

My Sound card uninstalls itself form my PC every time it reboots although Device Manager Every Sound Card Reboot Solved: Driver Uninstalls reports it is still Solved: Sound Card Driver Uninstalls Every Reboot there - working correctly If I try any audio I get unable to play back audio No Sound device detected on your system Dxdiag reports no driver installed either As a makeshift fix I have been Solved: Sound Card Driver Uninstalls Every Reboot uninstalling it from device manager then rebooting and letting plug and play install it automatically This enables the card to work untill I next reboot and its back Solved: Sound Card Driver Uninstalls Every Reboot to square one I have included the belark log below If anyone can advise me on a solution I d appreciate it Operating System System Model Windows XP Professional build Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon XP kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board ABIT VT A- KR A -RAID - R v Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space NEC DVD RW ND- AG CD-ROM drive AXV CD DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device CD-ROM drive LG CD-ROM CRD- B VIRT DVD CD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device quot format removeable media Floppy drive ST A Hard drive GB -- drive s n HR H D rev SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A has MB Slot A has MB Slot A has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon Scott admin local system accounts Administrator admin Guest HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP Deskjet Series on USB HP DeskJet C on LPT Web Export on LPT Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce Ti Display adapter Default Monitor Bus Adapters Multimedia A SCSI SCSI Controller VAX S SCSI Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller x Creative AudioPCI ES ES WDM Game Port for Creative Communications Other Devices D-Link DE- Ethernet PCI Adapter IP Address Gateway Physical Address BA D SMC EZ Connect USB Ethernet Series Converter primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address E F B Networking Dns Servers Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Explorer IntelliPoint USB Root Hub x nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hello I am working on a startup de-fluffing help Botched uninstalls, restore, missing computer for a friend of mine Had a hard time diagnosing a SYSTEM process using cpu all the time FINALLY figured out that the sonic systems dvd burning software and drivers were causing the problem but during the process I attempted to do a system restore to a couple of months prior This didn t solve my problem but I am unable to restore to the original date now and Botched restore, missing uninstalls, de-fluffing startup help I had uninstalled MCafee personal firewall and quot party poker quot among a few other things that now pop up on startup but if I try to run the uninstaller it cannot find their uninstall log files so it won t remove them Botched restore, missing uninstalls, de-fluffing startup help Mcafee in particular I would like to get rid of It runs cpu if you don t shut it off in the task manager I would also like to trim the fat on the startup of this system It is only used for business use now and Botched restore, missing uninstalls, de-fluffing startup help there is several things extra that start up that I am sure don t need to be there I have hopefully correctly attached a Hijackthis logfile so you can see what is loading etc Any input on what can be disabled etc would be greatly appreciated I am hoping to get this system back to him in the next couple of days so I hope you guys have some input Thanks again Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Seagate SeagateManager Sync FreeAgentService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status StxMenuMgr exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com flash index cfm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Ma... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/botched-restore-missing-uninstalls-de-fluffing-startup-help.952576/
Relevancy 43%

From the Lavasoft Support Board -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It has come to our attention that the RadLight R by Radlight software intentionally tries to uninstall Ad-aware components from your system without requesting your permission or Ad-Aware! uninstalls The secretly 3.03R5.2 RadLight player knowledge After reports from concerned users our tests have shown that the Radlight software indeed checks for the default Ad-aware installation path and then removes all files that are not currently in use upon The RadLight 3.03R5.2 player secretly uninstalls Ad-Aware! its first execution Until now such a malicious behaviour was commonly known for viruses and trojans It does not slip through Ad-watch or hides from the Ad-aware scanner Radlight is not yet targeted by Ad-aware or Ad-watch It performs an silent uninstall of the Ad-aware components including desktop shortcuts and startmenu items This is not a bug in the RadLight software it is intentionally uninstalling Ad-aware with the only purpose to make your system attainable for further malware installation And if this wasn t enough the Radlight software is bundled with WhenU s SaveNow software a well known data mining company If Ad-watch is running it will correctly prevent the installation of Savenow If neither Ad-aware or Ad-watch is active they both will be uninstalled through the Radlight software upon its first execution A fix is in progress and we feel its necessary to add Radlight to the AAW target list This is malware at it worst Team Lavasoft Urizen nbsp

A:The RadLight 3.03R5.2 player secretly uninstalls Ad-Aware!

Thanks for this tip, TK- Unbelievable? No- just one step higher for the vendors of this malware- Any word on Zone Alarm personal firewall stopping it? Or other firewalls? What should a user do if it does uninstall AdAware- get rid of this RadLight first, then reinstall AAW?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-radlight-3-03r5-2-player-secretly-uninstalls-ad-aware.77230/
Relevancy 43%

I'm down to simply trying to install Java u i but every time I run it I get a Java Setup error message Error There was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation That's just the most recent of many errors related to creating or accessing temp files This system definitely has plenty of room in the temp folders which are empty to begin with The first time temp files were mentioned was when I let Windows Update install a bunch of updates About installed fine but when a NET Framework update tried to install it never finished Ultimately I'd close the updater and stop the update service The Event Log showed a long list of the same error Product Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile -- Error An error occurred while writing installation information to disk Check to make sure enough disk space is available and click Retry or Cancel to end the install I restarted the system ran W7Pro64b installs/uninstalls throws other and some Win errors Updates during Windows Update unchecked all NET Framework-related updates and successfully installed a number of remaining updates I then tried repairing the NET Framework installation an uninstaller option but it too eventually threw a temp file-related error Haven't tried uninstalling it because I suspect it's needed by Quicken or some other program Besides these W7Pro64b throws errors during some Win Updates and other installs/uninstalls Windows Update problems I got temp-file related errors when I tried to install the old version of Java v u and Google Earth A FixIt for installing uninstalling problems allowed me to ultimately remove them I've run Chkdsk and a few items were fixed I've scanned the drive online and offline using NOD Stinger Sophos Virus Removal Tool GMER hitmanpro tdsskiller and Malwarebytes Nothing was found I find it weird that so many updates did install successfully as did Malwarebytes and these other malware scanners plus EasyBCD and a few other programs Yet Java v u won't install And then there were the errors when I tried uninstalling stuff BTW I have an XP partition on another drive in the system and I have no such problems on it so I don't think it's a hardware issue Drivers Hmm Any ideas

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520181/w7pro64b-throws-errors-during-some-win-updates-and-other-installsuninstalls/
Relevancy 42.57%

OS XP SP Ugh I was trouble shooting my father s computer via VNC for a webcam issue and needed to uninstall the software and reinstall it It wouldn t fully uninstall so I DL d Revo UnInstaller to get rid of it I also uninstalled a bunch of other things they never use AIM Y Messenger various toolbars iTunes then I made a few changes to the commands WinSock, netsh After looks uninstalls, helping I aren't like it damaged and Autoruns as well And I m guessing I messed with something Before I disconnected form his PC I tried starting browser and got no connection so I diagnosed and I got a report about some changes needing a reboot to take affect No big deal After enough time for a reboot went by I tried to reconnect and couldn t I called my dad to have him make sure his computer had come back up After uninstalls, it looks like I damaged WinSock, and netsh commands aren't helping and it had It had After uninstalls, it looks like I damaged WinSock, and netsh commands aren't helping a TightVNC message saying it failed to initialze the winsock and so the service wouldn t start Still no connection with browser either Network diagnostics didn t help All help I ve seen about WinSock refers to the netsh winsock reset catalog or netsh int ip reset reset log commands which come up as failed to start I had him try a system restore which gave him system restore is not able to protect Which is very frustrating as Revo makes restore points before every uninstall I had him make sure all check boxes were checked in Autoruns aswell And I had him restore everything from the recycle bin Am I missing something obvious that I did Could sfc scannow help Am I looking at a repair install nbsp

A:After uninstalls, it looks like I damaged WinSock, and netsh commands aren't helping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-uninstalls-it-looks-like-i-damaged-winsock-and-netsh-commands-arent-helping.951089/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, I need to uninstall DAO from my computer, but it wont let me uninstall it from teh add/remove program menu. Ati is the maker of it, and i dont want to have to try to uninstall all the graphic drivers and everything, then reinstall them with out dao. A while ago i saw a program in a post that could uninstall stuff, even if add/remove wouldnt let you, i did download it and used it, and it worked for me! but i have deleated and uninstalled it, and have no idea what it was. anyone know of any programs like that??

A:Software Uninstall Utility??, anyone know of a good program that uninstalls stuff??

As a pure guess, regcleaner????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-uninstall-utility-anyone-know-of-a-good-program-that-uninstalls-stuff.62784/
Relevancy 42.14%

I m having a problem with my internet connection via wifi One day my laptop simply refused to connect The day before no problem uninstalls wifi, connection going from LAN Losing cable adapter internet Ethernet to I can connect by using the LAN cable directly connecting into Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls ADSL router but when I try without the LAN cable plugged in Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls via wifi there is no connection What I have also noticed is that the Ethernet adapter Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabyte Ethernet v does not appear load when I am not plugged in via cable This was Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls not the case when everything was working fine Even to the point that it appears when I am on cable but when I disconnect the cable the Broadcom card disappears from my Device Manager I have tried to update the driver but cannot find a higher version than anywhere Note that in the nd case with LAN cable the Broadcom Ethernet adapter appears while in the first case it doesn t Any ideas on how to resolve the Ethernet adapter issue I could not really figure out how to update the driver properly I tried downloading it from HP but the system says it cannot find a more recent version or even the one I have now Here is my Ipconfig for both cases Without LAN cable plugged in tryingt to access only via WiFi router Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May C gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again With LAN cable connected directly to ADSL routerC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -C - C-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

A:Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

Hi there,

at first check out those possibilities:
When you open your network connections and go to the properties of your Lan-Connection (Cable) uncheck the box in which is says that you should be warned if this connection has low connectivity. Do that also at your wifi connection.

After that deactivate your Cable connection if you try to connect via Wifi.

greetz
Fraki

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-internet-connection-going-from-lan-cable-to-wifi-ethernet-adapter-uninstalls.568852/
Relevancy 42.14%

My mother just gave me a microsoft lifecam vx-700 to use so me and my son can take pictures and video to send. This is an older webcam I am assuming and it is just a plug and play. I am wondering if this is a camera/webcam that can only be used in realtime while logged onto an instant messenger/skype type of thing or is there a way that we can make our own little movies without being logged on? My camera from 1998 had more capabilities than this one lol. Just wondering if this is an online only camera?

A:old lifecam vx-700...HELP

Hi and welcome

Did they also give you the software with the webcam? Cause then you could play around with it, without being logged into an IM program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-lifecam-vx-700-help.1051363/
Relevancy 42.14%

i can't get my webcam working.i think it may be a hardware/software problem.skype tells me it can't locate a webcam.can anyone help mick

A:lifecam vx-700

The LifeCam VX-7000 does not work with Windows 2000. You must have "Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP® with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher" http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/d...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/lifecam-vx700/65909.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I cannot get my new webcam to install
Whenever I try I get the same message "Setup cannot continue because you are not connected to the internet or the server is unavailable. Connect to the internet and then run setup again. During the process accept any related security or firewall messages. If this is unsuccessful, please try again later."
I have tried numerous amounts of time.
Maybe is it because i cannot get into the microsoft website with google chrome?!

Relevancy 41.71%

Downloaded the LifeCam 4.25 software and installed it (Win 8 x64, HD-5001 webcam). After doing the install (uninstalled the old version first) upon rebooting there is no LifeCam software listed in my Start menu-Programs (I use Start8). I do a search but it says no lifecam.exe is found. LifeCam 4.25 shows in the programs in the Control Panel though.
Webcam works fine ( I use oovoo) but I wanted o be able to use LifeCam software as well to adjust the webcam.

Sam

A:LifeCam 4.25 install on Win 8

I can't even find half the controls I used to have in Win 7.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/39416-lifecam-4-25-install-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

LifeCam Cinema Installed on Gateway GT B BIOS Version Intel Corp LifeCam MS Cinema NT J A Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Location C WINDOWS PID -OEM- - Hot Fix XpsEPSC Intel R Pentium R CPU MS LifeCam Cinema GHz Version x Family Model Stepping Speed MHz Memory RAM GB Software is in C Program files Microsoft Life Cam bytes in files MS LifeCam Cinema folders XnView shows streaming video from the camera Clicking on Microsoft LifeCam Cinema in My Computer shows streaming video Clicking on the Microsoft LifeCam icon in Desktop opens the Microsoft LifeCam Dialogue box which shows only the message quot There is no camera connected to this computer quot and the Dashboard will not open Device Driver shows no problems with USB or Microsoft LifeCam and says quot This device is working quot I have Uninstalled the software more than once and restarted the computer I have downloaded from the Upgrade site which gave the same version that I have all to no good purpose Can any kind soul tell me what I do next Apart from ditching the Cam which gives a very good picture nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-lifecam-cinema.879026/
Relevancy 41.71%

I installed the VX- using MS's installer for Win months ago Now it will not show my cam in skype When I attempted to uninstall the LifeCam software I get an error Quote Windows Installer The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Click OK to try again or enter and alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'lifecamx msi' in the box below If you google lifecamx w or w o msi you get nothing I know that in XP or vista I can use software to manual remove something from your system when the uninstaller is corrupted I have no clue how to figure this out I've extracted all the files from the original installation and this one doesn't seem to be in it I've also just attempted to reinstall but it won't as it's 'already installed' and needs to be uninstalled prior to reinstallation The icons have turned to blanks so I know there is an issue Any help to at least remove this would help Edit Well after stopping the services and processes removing LifeCam VX-3000 all the LifeCam VX-3000 Lifecam registry keys deleting the software from the install directory removing the uninstall from the Programs and Features list I was at last able to start a new install However it failed When it failed it directed me to an MS article about the error and the other MS software that can have this issue Once I attempted ALL methods I found that the only course of action was to reload windows all together Basically something was corrupted with original install Even after removing everything there were components of the install that were not named after the Lifecam software nor stored in the same directory's These files were probably write protect or protected in some way and would not allowed to be written over Without a full list of the changes that are made to a win x OS when installing I am unable to completely manually remove it One day I will have to catalog the changes for future reference as this software is BS and I wish I could just install the device without it

A:LifeCam VX-3000

ccleaner is a good tool to use to uninstall programs as well as other things. Once downloaded open and click the tools menus to see your programs then click on the one you want to uninstall. link CCleaner - Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28186-lifecam-vx-3000-a.html