Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Service Pask 2 Installation Taking Too Long

Q: [SOLVED] Service Pask 2 Installation Taking Too Long

I am trying to Install SP2 (XP) because my current with my current SP1, I can hardly do anything.

I've been waiting a couple of hours and its still saying "Checking for necessary space".

How can I install SP2 without any problems?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Service Pask 2 Installation Taking Too Long

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Service Pask 2 Installation Taking Too Long

get SP3. i have. it has 1073 bug fixes for SP2. other than that im not sure, are you updating for formmating? i suggest formatting as thats what i have always done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-service-pask-2-installation-taking-too-long-315874.html
Relevancy 112.53%

I am trying to Install SP2 (XP) because my current with my current SP1, I can hardly do anything.

I've been waiting a couple of hours and its still saying "Checking for necessary space".

How can I install [email protected] without any problems?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/service-pask-2-installation-taking-too-long-315873.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I had some hard disk problems with a Fujitsu notebook so ran chkdsk which seemed to clean up the errors.  The system still ran very slowly, so I decided to do a clean install of Windows 7.  I deleted the partitions down to one (700gb) then clicked on "Next".  There was a message about "disk fail" but it started going fine, and the first part of "Installing Windows" went reasonably quickly.

But it has been nearly 60 hours stuck on "Completing Installation".  Should it take this long?

A:completing installation taking long time

I believe your hard drive is failing or has failed. You can check it by downloading Seatools for DOS. This is a bootable iso file. You can right click in Windows 7 and select Burn Image File. You may have to enable IDE mode from AHCI if the hard drive is not detected. Run the short generic test.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Seatools for Dos Tutorial

SeaTools for DOS Guide - Seagate

Edit: It should not take 60 hours to do an install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559757/completing-installation-taking-long-time/
Relevancy 76.97%

It takes 3 min for the interface to show up after it loaded the files

it takes 1 min where it says "setup is starting" after you press install windows

Copying windows files takes 1 second

I get stuck at completing installation until I got a bluescreen saying something about hardware timeout

Getting stuck at completig install again if I let it continue after the bsod.

Any suggestions? It sounds like a broken cd to me, but it was fast the first time until I disconnected all my drives except the one I was supposed to install it on. (It wouldn't let me otherwise) I did this and a bios reset. I didn't set the bios up in any weird way either when I got the pc.

I'm currently reinstallig it, it's expanding files atm.

A:Installation weirdness:Taking too long and other things

1) It's a DVD

2) If you DL'd it from M$, DL it again - it is available through the end of June.

3) if you did not dl from M$, see #2.

This might not sound like much advice, but it actually is - if you DL a second copy and it happens again, we can theoretically rule out bad DLs (although a very crappy connection could also cause that repeatedly). Then, we could start to analyze your hardware for issues....

Oh, and update your system specifications just in case it *is* hardware related.

Finally, of course all of the numerical advice above (other than my correction about DVD versus CD) is moot if the same DVD has worked on another machine - but still try another DL).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/10476-installation-weirdness-taking-too-long-other-things.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Dear all Here are my PC specs - Windows Applications too PC taking down long load to long - shut taking to too Ultimate - bit GB Ram Sata Hard Disks of GB and GB both of which are relatively empty Radeon HD Graphics Card Antivirus - Microsoft Security Essentials Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-A M-UD Applications taking too long to load - PC taking too long to shut down H CPU - AMD A - GHZ Off late my PC takes way too long to start any application At times even if I click on a folder it doesn't open and finally the PC gives me the 'Wait or Close' option Even while switching off the PC it takes a long time I clean my PC regularly and run scans from time to time The PC doesn't show any virus or malware as of now Any suggestions what I can do I assembled it not more than years ago and it's started behaving like this off late Also at times my GB hard disk doesn't show up under my computer I have to open my cabinet and tighten the SATA and Power cable and then it shows up again Any help will be appreciated

A:Applications taking too long to load - PC taking too long to shut down

Quote: Originally Posted by kanhaiya91

I clean my PC regularly and run scans from time to time. The PC doesn't show any virus or malware as of now.

Any suggestions what I can do? I assembled it not more than 2 years ago and it's started behaving like this off late.

Also, at times my 320 GB hard disk doesn't show up under my computer. I have to open my cabinet and tighten the SATA and Power cable and then it shows up again.

Tell us the details of how you "clean my PC". What do you do exactly and how often?

Have you checked running processes or services through Task Manager when it seems to be slow?

The drive issue may be the cause. Have you tried another cable or connecting the hard drive to another port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371045-applications-taking-too-long-load-pc-taking-too-long-shut-down.html
Relevancy 67.08%

When i start up my computer, just before the XP loading screen, a black screen with a dash on the top left of the screen is shown for 4-5 mintues and then after so long does the computer start. What shall i do?

A:Solved: Startup taking long!!

Try booting up with nothing else connected to the PC except mouse & keyboard.
If it boots up now with no delay, something you disconnected is causing it.

In some cases, a BIOS update will fix it, but find out what the BIOS update actually fixes before applying it. Don't just apply it and hope for the best. BIOS updates (if there are any) are available from the your PC manufacturer's website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-startup-taking-long.1025970/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Lite-On DVD drive that can has a max write speed of 16x. I am currently trying to burn a 667mb movie onto a DVD using Nero. I am just wondering why (according to Nero) the burn is going to take 2 hours! It appears as though a lot of time is being spent 'transcoding" the movie. What can I do to make it burn faster?

PS: The original file format of the movie was "FMPG", however most third party software can't recognize it. Thus I used the fourcc changer to change it to "XVID." Could this be the problem?

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi guys,

I'm running ultradefrag on an older xp computer. I checked the virtual memory settings and it has about 1.5 gigs of physical memory. I cleaned up as much as I could, no viruses, ran a chkdsk but the defragementer goes at a rate of 1 fragmented file per 30-60 seconds with 5,000 fragmented files. Any idea on whether this is normal or not?

A:Solved: Defrag taking way too long?

Ultra has many settings for how you want files distributed on the drive. Some of them require that every file be moved to a new location. That will take a very long time and the advantages of doing it are non-existent.

Defragging was much more important on old drives and in Windows 98. With NTFS and modern, faster drives with advanced storage algorithms, it is much less necessary. Doing it too often wears the drive needlessly and accomplishes exactly nothing as far as system speed or stability go.

In other words, simple defraggers work just as well as even the most "advanced" ones. Use one that has reasonable placement parameters and that simply defrags rather than trying to perform these useless file placements.

Defraggler and Auslogics Disk Defrag are such simple and effective defraggers. The one in Windows works perfectly well, too.

With Auslogics, you can set the maximum size of files to defrag. There is no reason, for example, to go through the laborious process of trying to make a huge movie file contiguous when a few fragments in a file that large will make no difference and the task of defragmenting is much more difficult and time-consuming if space must be made to defrag such large files.

For XP, PageDefrag can also be used to defrag the page file, registry hives, the hibernation file, and other system files that can't be done while Windows is running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-defrag-taking-way-too-long.1014423/
Relevancy 66.22%

It takes a while for it to start and I tried this solution but it didn't work.

Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 take longer than expected to start

I tried the "IE9 (without add-ons)" from the start menu and it comes up pratically instantly.

I even tried to uninstall stuff from the "Program Files" that I think might be related to IE and it still didn't do anything.

I also removed all search providers and accelertors except Bing because it doesn't let you.

Please offer any suggestions.

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] IE9 taking a long time to start

Did you start testing the individual add-ons for which one was causing the problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-ie9-taking-a-long-time-to-start-589824.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi!
My Windows Explorer is taking to long before it closes, about 5 seconds or higher. This happens all the time even if my pc doesn't have any activity. I noticed that when I click the close button, my pc doesn't respond at once. Same with my Intenet Explorer, but not to other windows. Any Idea on how to work around this problem? thanks in adavance...

Relevancy 66.22%

Note I may have used time... taking a Solved: long Defrag. the wrong category to post this thread I apologize if I did Hello there I am Solved: Defrag. taking a long time... working on a laptop for a friend of mine When I received it it was running a non-genuine copy of Windows Vista Ultimate and had viruses on the hard drive The one problem that I noticed was that there were two antivirus programs installed AntiVirus and Norton I had yet to find Solved: Defrag. taking a long time... out that AntiVirus itself was a virus Despite the fact that Vista Ultimate was installed I noticed that on the certificate of authenticity Windows Vista Home Basic was labeled I managed to back up all pictures documents etc without any problems I did not back up anything from the program files of the C drive All backed up files were moved to my computer where they were scanned before moved to my hard drive Next I used the combination of my Windows Vista installation disc and her Home Basic COA which Solved: Defrag. taking a long time... has the product key to install and successfully activate Windows Vista Home Basic I did not reinstall Ultimate because she did not have an Ultimate key All files from the previous installation were moved to Windows old which is located in the parent folder of the C drive I then moved back all files from my computer to the laptop That was before I found out that Windows old contained all of the old files There were no issues in bringing back all files that I backed up Next I ran a virus scan using AVG Free to ensure that no threats were carried over from the previous installation trojans were found all in the Windows old folder Because of this I deleted the entire Windows old folder After that I ran into a bit of a problem I began a defragmentation of the C drive this afternoon just after P M It is now and it is still not finished It wouldn t suprise me if this hard drive hasn t been defragged since as she doesn t seem like a person that would run disk utilities like this or check disk Would the fact that she probably hasn t defragged and that I have deleted over GB of files the entire Windows old be reasons at all why the defragmentation is taking so long I am sorry that I wrote a novel to explain the problem I am having but I feel that this is the best way to explain what I am having trouble with All help greatly appriciated Thank you very much nbsp

A:Solved: Defrag. taking a long time...

Finished...Thanks very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-defrag-taking-a-long-time.837532/
Relevancy 66.22%

Okay, guys, first off.. let me tell you this.. i am the only person that uses this computer.. so to answer the questions:

- i don't have any anti virus software
- there is no spyware on my computer because i only go into business/office related sites

One program in particular is giving me problems, and it is Adobe Acrobat Pro.. i have called Adobe to see if it is a problem with their program.. they did a "repair" install and still nothing got resolved

I need to know what to do or what to look for.. before i just reinstall Windows on this thing again

It is very difficult to work on this computer laterly and i am getting to the point where i will have to switch bcak to my old computer

Thank you in advance,

Uni

Relevancy 66.22%

This issue just popped up about a week ago and before that all was normal. Now I start my computer, everything loads fine except internet connectivity. Takes about a 1.5 minutes. I have a Linksys wireless USB adapter receiving a signal from a Motorola 802.11 G router. And after Windows loads, if I try to go into network connections, network places, or anything network related, the system locks up until it connects. After it connects it acts just fine, good speeds and all. I'm on Windows XP Home SP2 with current fixes.

Any help?

Relevancy 65.36%

We have a desktop Why WinXP taking to see network wireless so does Solved: long machine located about feet from the Linksys wireless router We purchased Solved: Why does WinXP taking so long to see wireless network a Linksys USB wireless adapter and set up the wireless network However the user was reporting that more often than not for the first to minutes and sometimes as much as min would pass there were quot no available wireless networks quot Then suddenly she d get connected without having done anything Since her laptop was connected just fine we chose to replace the USB adapter with a PCI adapter also Linksys Installed it today It didn t detect the wireless network We turned off the Linksys program and switched back to allowing Windows to control the wireless networks Still no available networks As we were discussing this and looking at various things - but not changing anything - suddenly we get the message that we are connected with excellent signal strength So the problem wasn t with the USB adapter apparently The desktop is running ZoneAlarm Security Suite on XP Pro SP Any thoughts on why it isn t making an immediate connection and what we can do about it Thanks - kimmer nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

hi,

When my computer starts , it does the xp loading part. After that my wallpaper comes up, it then hangs for about 5 minutes before anything happens. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? Greatly appreciate any help.

Relevancy 65.36%

im downloading it so windows media player will play mpeg4 videos. will this work? its taking a long time to download

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a 8gb movie in mkv format and i'm trying to convert to avi with Prism Video File Converter. After 3 hours the conversion was still at 17% so it would take around 18-20 hours to finish. Is that normal? I mean, my god, who would wait that long just to watch a movie? Please help.

Relevancy 65.36%

Why is this. Like 10 minutes plus and it still says recycling. It should only take a second. Is it bad to let it continue at its own pace or should I restart the PC and try it again?

A:Recycling a movie from my harddrive is taking long long time.

Let the system do its work. You just want to wait. Usually this don't occur unless it is a huge file. Be patient for a reasonable time. Still if it remains, try logging off/restart.
Take Care

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196152-recycling-movie-my-harddrive-taking-long-long-time.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I just built my first computer last night and started installing XP Home on a GB Seagate drive long Hard extemely formatting taking Solved: SATA drive After hour it was only done and after hours about done I went to bed and hours later it was only done The only similar problem I could find online was solved Solved: Hard drive formatting taking extemely long with a new SATA cable so I stopped it and replaced the cable and started over It got to within an hour and has now been there for at least min I didn t install a SATA driver because the motherboard instructions didn t say to and the driver on the Asus website is over MB so it wouldn t fit on a floppy anyway I don t think the format would even start if this is the problem but I m not sure There was an additional problem that I don t think relates to this When starting the computer a screen appears that says quot Intel CPU ucode load error quot I found this thread where the consensus was that updating the BIOS fixes it so I don t think that it s affecting the hard drive Any ideas Thanks Chris nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I am running a Windows Vista x64 OS.
When I open My Computer via any means it takes about 1 minute for it to display any items in it. In this minute there is no CPU usage or HDD usage which says to me that it isnt the computers hardware to blame. Is there a fix for this because it is getting quite annoying now.
Thanks in advance
Matt Gill

A:Solved: My Computer Taking Long Time To Display Items

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-taking-long-time-to-display-items.764208/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, my desktop icons are taking about two mins to appear after every restart. I have tried chkdsk and fix. And I have run a deep clean with advanced care system. I don't have a lot of programs in startup. I am a novice in using a pc so would like some help if possible, Thanks TINMAN67. p.s I have put the TSG Sysinfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON 9600 XT-4, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152578 MB, Free - 107122 MB;
Motherboard: FUJITSU SIEMENS, D1625
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabledwith this.

Relevancy 64.07%

hi
i have an IDE 200 gb HD and 185gb of i think is used
there is 43000 files on it
i started the conversion using partition magic and it started DOS to do the coversion and now its stuck at the point where is says coverting file system: _
thats was 30 hours ago and its still the same.
the pc didnt freez the curesr in the DOS window is blinking and when i open task manager it says the DOS is running
but but there is no CPU usage in task manager for DOS or partition magic
i cant access MY_Computer too

so now whats the deal
is this normal?
should i cancel ?
if i canceled will i lose all my data and is there anyway to get it back?

A:Solved: converting my 200gb HD from FAT32 To NTFS is taking tooooo long

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-converting-my-200gb-hd-from-fat32-to-ntfs-is-taking-tooooo-long.546921/
Relevancy 63.21%

My AMD Athlon Dual Core 4850e has a BIOS problem when I start from a cold boot. This problem does not occur when I restart from Windows (XP Pro SP3).

On a cold boot the BIOS starts and the following dialogue appears:

Initialising USB Controllers..Done
1984MB OK
USB Device(s): 1 Keyboard, 2 Hubs, 2 Storage Devices
Autodetecting Pri Master.. Hard Disk MAXTOR STM3169215A 3 ADD
Autodetecting Pri Slave.. Hard Disk Fujitsu MPE3192AT ED-03-04
Autodetecting SATA1 ATAPI CD ROM: ATAPI iHAS 120 6 7L02
Autodetecting USB Mass Storage Devices..
Device 01:

It then takes over 5 minutes to detect the first USB Device and comes up with:

Generic Storage Device-Hi-Speed

It then detects the other devices normally and starts Windows. I have tried going into the BIOS and disabling the Autodetect Generic Storage Device but this has not solved the problem. As I said previously, this does not happen on a warm boot (Restart). Can anybody help me, please.

A:Solved: BIOS taking a long time to autodetect USB Mass Storage Device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-taking-a-long-time-to-autodetect-usb-mass-storage-device.873447/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all I have been struggling for a few days to build a functioning query I actually managed to make it long 2003: query around too 2 Access with records ml Make-table taking Solved: work for a smaller set of Solved: Access 2003: Make-table query with around 2 ml records taking too long data but I m using the following function RankOfDup SELECT Count FROM Table WHERE field table field And field gt table field which I believe slows my query if I do select query it runs for around minutes but if I try to make table it never executes The reason I need make query is that after this I need to create Crosstab query that basically turns the ranks from rows into columns I tried to create the crosstab using the select query with the RankOfDub but it gives an error that the the database doesn t recognise a field Any ideas how I can make this work for large set of data ie rank the rows and turn them into crosstab If anything is unclear please ask questions and I will explain Thank you very much I hope someone can help nbsp

A:Solved: Access 2003: Make-table query with around 2 ml records taking too long

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2003-make-table-query-with-around-2-ml-records-taking-too-long.1071359/
Relevancy 59.77%

Recently this has been happening: http://i.imgur.com/1Mc7v1B.png
So I ran a search and found this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494636/service-host-local-system-cpumemory-hog/
Is this still the best way to go about fixing it? If so, would anyone mind looking at the results for me?
I'm on Windows 8.
I have an intel i72700k and 16 gigs of RAM.
Bonus problem: My CPU is going up to the high 50% range usage and I'm not running anything big or much of anything period, going into task manager reveals that a large majority of the CPU is being used by nothing.

A:Service Host: Local System/Service Taking Too Much Memory

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please po... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536604/service-host-local-systemservice-taking-too-much-memory/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I bought a new toshiba laptop (core duo, 2gb of ram, all the rest) last night with a 200gb hard drive. I hate all the crap they always put on there, so I'm reformatting the drive and putting a fresh install of windows customized how I want it. I'm doing a complete erase and reformat (rewriting every sector to 0). How the heck long should this take? Its been going over an hour and clocks a remaining time of 15 hours!!! Is something wrong? Should I stop and just do a quick format? I want to play with my new toy!!!

Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 57.19%

Whenever I download a huge setup file (such as a game or game demo 500MB or more) UAC takes a long time and the system becomes unresponsive. How can I fix this?

A:UAC taking too long.

Hello isaaclopez,

Disable UAC. It is such a hassle and a nusience in vista. Follow this tutorial, and you will be all set.

Have a great day,
Ben

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/261172-uac-taking-too-long.html
Relevancy 56.76%

All of sudden my winxp is taking a long time to boot to the desktop. From the winxp logo screen to the Welcome screen, it can take up to 2 minute, then another minute to get to the desktop. The HD light is on for a very long time too.

A:Taking a long time

I would have a look here and check out your HD for problems:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f234...es-302602.html

If you find problems, post a topic in that forum.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taking-a-long-time-438501.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My Compaq System Recovery has been going for 10 hours and 22 min and is only at 2%. (I have xp). Is this ok?

A:recovery taking to long

No it is not, it should take no more than an hour at the very most
something else is wrong
did you get this resolved or not ???
do you still need help ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-taking-to-long.731654/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. My computer shutting Down has been staying on longer than it used to. Please let me know what I need to do to make it run faster again like when after I first bought it. Thanks, Janice
P.S. I have a Dell Studio 1555 Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, and I am running Windows 7 Home Edition.

Relevancy 56.76%

My laptop windows 10 all of a sudden started to freeze or takes a long time to start after I enter the password. This all happened today after I was working on a website
Could it be from having too much data on my laptop? I am on my desktop but it's not responding. Pls pls someone I need advice
Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-is-taking-a-long-to-start.219583/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a problem shutting down my computer It takes a very long time for me to turn off my laptop After long........ Shutdown too taking clicking turn off computer it takes about mins for Logging Off window to come another - mins to log off and another mins for the computer to actually shut down It wasn't taking this much time before What could be wrong Below is the Shutdown taking too long........ HiJack This and Combo Fix logs I have ran virus scan ad-ware scan to improve the shutdown process but nothing helped Please advice Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Shutdown taking too long........ C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate Shutdown taking too long........ swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AdAwarePortable AdAwarePortable exe C Program Files AdAwarePortable App AdAware AAWService exe C Program Files AdAwarePortable App AdAware AAWTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Fil... Read more

A:Shutdown taking too long........

can anyone please help me with this issue.....

Thanks,
Jigs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/shutdown-taking-too-long-394046.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm running Windows 7 64bit (Got from houseparty).

It takes about 10-15 seconds to launch Firefox but 1 second to launch IE8.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox but still slow.

Anyone else have this problem?

A:Firefox 3.5.3 taking too long.

FF has always been that slow. It was so bad with 3.5.4 that I just stopped using it. Now that Chrome has Xmarks, I think I'm going to start using it as my default browser.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/29492-firefox-3-5-3-taking-too-long.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm working on a customers Windows Vista computer long a TFC taking time that was badly infected with all sorts of TFC taking a long time adware and other malware After manually removing some of the most obvious offenders with RevoUninstaller I then proceeded to run MalwareBytes MalwareBytes ran for over hours and TFC taking a long time seemed to be hung up with processing temporary internet files I could see the filenames changing so figure it was still working albeit very slowly so I finally aborted the scan and had it clean up what it had found to that point Then rebooted the system Thinking that the next thing to do would be to run TFC and see if I couldn't get rid of some of that internet history so I could then re-attempt the scan and hope for a successful completion I started that running from my flash drive as I usually do It seemed to run fine processing through some of the user accounts but when it got to the user account that is used most of the time and finding GB yes I said gigabytes of temporary files it seemed to hang there The disk activity light seems to be on solid and nearly hours later there doesn't seem to be any progress and the program title bar now says that the program is not responding There has been no noticeable change for the last hours I would have expected with that much to delete it would take some time and wondered what that might do to the Recyle bin etc but does this sound normal At this point neither the desktop or any Windows menus etc are showing but I'm able to Ctrl-Alt-Del and get task manager running It shows TFC as using somewhere between and CPU cycles and not much else going on I've listened to the hard drive via a stethoscope and don't seem to hear any disk activity happening It would seem at this point that my only option is to force TFC to end via the Task Manager or initiate a power down and reboot Does anyone have any idea at what state this may leave the filesystem in e g should I expect major filesystem corruption Thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526130/tfc-taking-a-long-time/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I am using windows 7 professional. Day before yesterday I was had some problems with my google chrome so I uninstalled it and tried to re-install through internet expolrer but I was unable to install it, after trying for an hour I finally installed chrome. The next day when I started my computer, after everything( I mean boot-up and all) the desktop screen froze and stayed that way for 20-30 minutes and there was a message coming up that internet explorer is not responding, but after the 30 minutes wait everything goes away and my pc works properly. Every time I switch on my pc I have to keep waiting for these 30 minutes. Please help!!!

A:PC taking too long to start up

As soon as you switch on the PC start tapping the F8 key until a menu appears, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select Safe Mode, then hit the Enter key, tell me how long that then takes to complete the boot up process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-taking-too-long-to-start-up.1120938/
Relevancy 56.76%

My System Recovery has been going for 10 hrs and 45 min and is only at 2%. Is this ok?

A:recovery taking to long

thats not normal, that is way too long.. i think ur computer froze around that 2% ..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-taking-to-long-270971.html
Relevancy 56.76%

When I am in my email program and I click on a link to go to a site on IE 8.0, the computer goes there, but it takes such a long time to download the link. Does anyone know why this is happening? Please help and thank you.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x86 Family 15 Model 35 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1918 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6100, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 200308 MB;
Motherboard: , C51G+MCP51, , WY3J63103856
Antivirus: Bell Internet Security Services Anti-Virus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabledyou.

Relevancy 56.76%

Its taking me almost an hour to burn a dvd with nero 7 ultra edition.I recently installed a new samsung dvd writer and installed latest drivers from samsung.com upon installation and it has always taken very long to burn but i didn't really know it wasn't suppose to take so long ........but anyway i was told to burn a cd and check the buffer level while burning and i was told the level should not go up and down,well mine did,so long story short i uninstalled old nero upgraded to nero 7 ultra and dvd still took about an hour to burn.......any help well appreciated!!!

Relevancy 56.76%

When I go to any website the quot looking up quot process takes (website) "Looking long taking too up..." as long as seconds before it loads the page I had this posted in the Windows XP section I was told to post here since I currently have no anti virus programs to try to save resources since I use a netbook I first installed Avast and then removed it and installed Microsoft Security Essentials which I just recently removed I ve had this problem while the anti virus programs were still installed I removed Microsoft Security Essentials just to see if it changed anything but it didn t There are other computers connected to my router but "Looking up..." (website) taking too long my computer is the only one with this issue This problem occurs with all web browsers I have Firefox Chrome IE I have tried the following - using other DNS servers - flushing my DNS cache - running virus scan programs like Malwarebytes and Spybot Search amp Destroy - I ve also tried changing the PPPoE MTU size which I changed back after it didn t work - toggled DNS setting in Firefox Any help would be much appreciated

A:"Looking up..." (website) taking too long

Are you getting any redirects when you click on a Google search result link?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300185/looking-up-website-taking-too-long/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there Sorry but i dont know what this would come under so if i have put this in the wrong spot Mods please change it Well atm my desktop PC is a intel dual core with GHz ram I am using nero to copy dvds and taking long? DVD too Burning it seems that it is taking Burning DVD taking too long? way too long to burn a single dvd Like minutes to be exact It only takes me roughly minutes on my notebook Would someone be able to tell me why i is taking so long Is it hardware related or software or maybe abit of both My firned has the exact pc and i have told him to try test out by burning a movie to see how long it takes i havent notice how long the porblems has been existing I ahve used such programs as Nero Esstentials DVD shrink etc Does anyone know what program would be fastest to burn i think atm i am burning at x tho its the smae speed on my notebook but the time differnece varies greatly Please help T T nbsp

A:Burning DVD taking too long?

Try burning at a slower speed, like 8x. Watch the buffer in Nero, does it fill up and then empty constantly? I'm talking about the big buffer bar, not the small one that is the drive buffer, although that should be consistently above 85%.

Its possible your drive is in PIO mode rather than DMA so you should check that out too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvd-taking-too-long.103024/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am running Windows XP Pro, Just recently, when I right click on something it is taking forrever to get the drop down menu to pop up. I run disk clean, defrag, check disk space, everything seems to be ok, and cleaned up, but I am still getting this disturbing right click lag.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks.
Chad

Relevancy 56.76%

I am getting pop ups eveywhere I ran ccleaner spybot and ad ware se personal nothing is working I have zone alarm as a firewall and I have pop up stopper don t know where to turn ogfile of HijackThis too taking long help is me castlecop please v Scan saved please help me castlecop is taking too long at PM on Platform Windows XP please help me castlecop is taking too long SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C Program Files eM please help me castlecop is taking too long Bay Reader Shwicon k exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS seeve exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Justine Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run CHotkey mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run showicon k C Program Files eM Bay Reader Shwicon k exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run DeviceDiscovery C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe O - HKLM Run ComcastSUPPORT C Program Files Support com bin tgkill exe cleaneahtioga start O - HKLM Run TaskScheduler C ProWin bit TaskSch exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run seeve C WINDOWS seeve exe O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe O - Global Startup BigFix lnk C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Global Startup Kodak software updater lnk C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OF... Read more

A:please help me castlecop is taking too long

I keep getting ebloc pop up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-castlecop-is-taking-too-long.358223/
Relevancy 56.76%

My current PC is one month old and the antivirus scan with Avira my taking in so What's that's scan? OS long to used to take around minutes It What's in my OS that's taking so long to scan? hovered around this time until recently then it's suddenly taking almost a hour I thought this was because of the time it takes to scan personal data like hundreds of gigs of games and music but the of the time it was scanning pic related Basically a lot What's in my OS that's taking so long to scan? of files each one named like in the pic each individual one taking a long time the counter would be at let's say files scanned stay like that for four seconds and then go to rinse and repeat for fifty minutes when it's usually thousand of files every second I'm sure my PC is safe with What's in my OS that's taking so long to scan? no viruses whatsoever I'm just curios what exactly ARE those files to require such a slow scan I guess some vital OS files but how come I have so many of them when I didn't just a few days ago keep in mind I didn't download anything other than regular Windows Updates Is there any way I can clean or remove them up to quicken the process

A:What's in my OS that's taking so long to scan?

Not a computer guru but I see that you are using a "Free Virus program". Now windows updates contain some very big files and Your virus program will take longer to scan. So a free virus program is not going to give the same performance as those that you buy. Do you know that "Comcast" customers get "Norton Suite" (a security and virus program) for free whereas others have to pay for it? Its not automatic. You need to download it from the Comcast site. It has backup & restore program built in as well as other features.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/70956-whats-my-os-thats-taking-so-long-scan.html
Relevancy 56.76%

When I go to any website the "looking up..." process takes as long as 10 seconds before it loads the page.

There are othere computers connected to my router but my computer is the only one with this issue. This problem occurs with all web browsers I have. Firefox, Chrome, IE.

I have tried the following:
- using other DNS servers
- flushing my DNS cache
- running virus scan programs like Malwarebytes, and Spybot Search & Destroy
- I've also tried changing the PPPoE MTU size (which I changed back after it didn't work)
- toggled DNS setting in Firefox.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A:"Looking up..." (website) taking too long

What AV/firewall do you use?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300069/looking-up-website-taking-too-long/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey
First of all sorry for typo - m writing from my phone as laptop won't work
I was playing csgo and it got freezed so I put my laptop in stand by mode and then I had to hit power and restart it
That's where the problem started when I start it it shows nothing but black screen with cursor
I reset my windows to the time when it was working fine then windows opened but it open in half and hour and the applications won't work!! Its just freezed desktop

A:Taking too long to open

http://pho.to/9rDT2
I can't find an edit option in mobile mode so here is a picture

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595666/taking-too-long-to-open/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am working on A Vista Home premium SP2 (fully updated) machine that takes forever to connect to the internet, upwards of a minute or so, i have never seen this, all my other machines are connected instantaneously.
Im not even sure what to start diagnosing its like the connection is one of the last things it does after booting, very rarely after a reboot its connects quickly.
device manager showed two instances of ISATAP networking devices that weren't working properly, i uninstalled them and they haven't reappeared, symptoms stay the same.
All drivers seem to be up to date.

This happens whether its hardwired to the router or wireless.

Any thoughts on fixing this?

A:connecting to internet taking way to long

How do you connect to the internet?

Is this a new issue or has it always been this way? If the former, What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410209/connecting-to-internet-taking-way-to-long/
Relevancy 55.9%

I m trying to install Windows XP on a machine that was just put together I started installing XP or hours ago It s saying minutes remaining right now almost installing taking too xp long waaay three hours ago it was at minutes remaining This isn t my first attempt installing xp on this machine I ve swapped out the HD the CD drive tested the memory and checked the jumpers Everything appears to be okay in the bios although i m not an expert Nothing seems to work I m sure it s not the CD i used installing xp taking waaay too long it earlier today on my machine with no problems Any ideas what the problem could be Here s what s in it p processor gig HD ATI mb pci video card sony cdrw drive ram installing xp taking waaay too long pc i forget what brand the motherboard is All the parts are ones that I ve used in the past and never had any problems like this Any advise would be appreciated nbsp

A:installing xp taking waaay too long

I have heard of issues of installing XP with a cdrw drive, as well as dvd drives. If possible, try another cd drive. Also be sure to check that your slaves/masters are set correctly. (if drive is the only one on the IDE channel, it should be master.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-xp-taking-waaay-too-long.460305/
Relevancy 55.9%

gdawg Windows Home Premium bit posts Extremely Long Time Taken To Install Updates Approximately Long Install Taking Updates To Too days ago Windows tried to install updates It got stuck on update number for Updates Taking Too Long To Install at least - hours I eventually had to Updates Taking Too Long To Install do a hard shutdown so I could move on to my linux distros and get some work done I'm reluctant to boot windows because I fear I'll be forced to do the same Is there a remedy for this Thank you BTW this is Win Yesterday I had the same problem except this time it was hung-up trying to install update of Went off to do something and came back in hours and it was still trying to install update of Once again I had to turn power off so I could use the computer Is there some other way to shutdown when it gets stuck like that I hate to do a hard shutdown I'm reluctant to boot Windows for fear the same thing will happen Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Updates Taking Too Long To Install

This month's massive round of updates are causing wide spread grief. If it's any comfort, you're hardly alone.

You can either delete the contents of the subfolder where the updates are stored, Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download , and then the updates not installed will be downloaded again
or, download, save, and then run the Fixit found on the following KB article with all programs and web browsers being closed - How do I reset Windows Update components ?

When you run MicrosoftFixit50202.msi you would need to choose the Aggressive mode to delete the contents of the Download subfolder. That also deletes the update history shown in Windows Update when you click the View update history link.

The updates are not uninstalled and they can be viewed by checking Installed Updates.

When the Fixit has finished running restart the system.
The updates that were not installed will be downloaded again.
Suggest you set Windows Updates to " Download updates but let me choose whether to install them "

Then when the Update icon appears in the Notification area , install any offered .NET Framework updates by themselves, NOT with any other updates.
IIRC, they do not require a restart.

Then install the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer by itself, too, if it has not installed as yet.
If any updates are offered for Microsoft C++ Runtimes, install them by themselves, too.

It use to take longer to install them in separate groups but, this month's massive round of updates appears to have altered that supposition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/171454-updates-taking-too-long-install.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, i'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate x86 on an HP 430 laptop.
The Windows installer can't find the laptop's hard drive so (as a solution I found while googling) I tried DISKPART's clean and clean all functions.
The clean function finished quickly but the clean all has been going on for more than 24 hours now.
Is it supposed to take this long?
The laptop has a ~500gb hard drive and an i3 processor.

A:DISKPART Clean All taking too long

Takes about 300gb a hour.

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/189649-diskpart-clean-all-taking-too-long.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I clicked to turn off my com and it wanted to do updates but it has been stuck on 1 of 16 for 15 minutes. Is this normal?

A:Windows 7 updates taking too long

It may be perfectly normal. Really depends on which updates are being installed. .NET updates for example can take a long time. If it hasn't progressed at all in 30-40 minutes then something may be hung up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-updates-taking-too-long-1102034.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello.
I need a help.
Four days i cant enter many websites, getting this error:
The server at www.....com is taking too long to respond.
Maybe my laptop infected?
Please help.
Thank you

A:The server at www.....com is taking too long to respond.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

p.s.

If unable to download the tool from the compromised computer use a good computer and download the tools to a Flash drive or CD.
Please the downloaded files on the desktop of the compromised computer.

Just run the DDS tool for now and post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/the-server-at-www-com-is-taking-too-long-to-respond-562924.html
Relevancy 55.9%

no matter what i try to install it takes way too long...... once i click on install, it starts immediately but is stuck at 0% for a long time(20-30mins) then it proceeds at normal speed..... but thats not the case with all the installations
it happens for all the installations which use install shield wizard(and some other installations too) and also for installations of windows updates(though it never proceeds beyond 0% for win update)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installations-taking-tooooooooooo-long-please-help.821201/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been installing the bios update for the past 5 hours and nothing it just says it's still installing and I know it doesn't take that long.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-update-taking-too-long/td-p/5729783
Relevancy 55.9%

When I bought my laptop it originally came with Windows and it worked fine when to Programs too taking long execute. Windows launched I upgraded to it and it too worked fine that is until a couple days ago that I decided to give this PC a refreshing Windows clean reinstall After the reinstall I could not get Windows to shutdown or restart I turned off fast boot and it helped A little I was finaly able to shutdown windows however it takes forever - mins to even start the process Then I started noticing some programs just dont load when I try opening programs like itunes or spotify they don t seem to start they just hang They eventually start - minutes later and the programs aren t slow once they start There seems to be an issue with the execution part of it I don t have that issue with some programs like chrome or firefox this computer is virtually clean I know something is wrong with this computer any and all help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Programs taking too long to execute.

The following advice is not always accurate since eachmachine varies depending on the type of Laptop you bought and from whichCompany so here it goes for what it is worth and may be applicable in yourcase:

When one buys a Laptop (or desktop) which in your case itcame with Windows 7 and you now do a Fresh Install of Windows 8 one must makesure to download and install updated Windows drivers for thatmachine.

So if you have done so already then forget this suggestion,if not, give it a try and sees if it helps to speed up things for you.

Good luck

Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-taking-too-long-to-execute.1099719/
Relevancy 55.9%

i have a folder around GB containing different softwares and application recently i tried to share it on network but when i shared it and pressed the apply button a quot setting folder permissions quot window appears which takes very long i waited for mints and long*** taking ***Folder permission too then canceled the process as a result the folder was not shared across the network i tried sharing small folders and they were done quite easily plz help me if this is normal and if i can decrease the time to ***Folder permission taking too long*** set the permissions thanks here are my system specs for reference Windows Windows XP Build Service Pack Internet Explorer Memory RAM MB CPU Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPU Speed MHz Sound card Sound Blaster Audigy Display Adapters Intel R G Express Chipset Family NetMeeting driver RDPDD Chained DD Screen Resolution X - bit Network Adapters Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport ***Folder permission taking too long*** CD DVD Drives H ASUS DVD-E A I SONY CD-RW CRX E J XC O DIJ P K VXRV DVD-RAM DVDR S COM Ports COM LPT Ports LPT Mouse Button ***Folder permission taking too long*** Wheel Mouse Present Hard Disks C GB D GB E GB F GB G GB Hard Disks - Free C GB D GB E GB F GB G GB USB Controllers host controllers Firewire host controllers Manufacturer Intel Corp Product Make AC Power Status OnLine BIOS Info ATAT COMPATIBLE INTEL Time Zone West Asia Standard Time Battery No Battery Motherboard Intel Corporation DG RY Modem Not detected

A:***Folder permission taking too long***

What kind of network are you sharing it on. Is there a GPO set to limit the size of shared folders?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/folder-permission-taking-too-long-149674.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So I've had Avast AV free edition for years, and in the past it has pretty much initiated at bootup...no more than five minutes from the time I start my computer until the AV is up and running. That is until just a week or so ago. Since that time, it has been taking 20-30 minutes before it is fully up and running.

Any ideas as to what could be happening?

Relevancy 55.9%

Im defragging today after defragging yesterday just to keep up on things....however.....after defragging yesterday (which took 6 hrs) it is defragging today and taking 2 hrs plus still running? does my computer have a virus? i have 138gb with 38 gb free. It is a fairly new laptop ive only had 2 years...

Relevancy 55.9%

I did the BIOS update based on the alert I got in my HP Support Assitant. It taking almost 7 hours now and still saying "Installing". I don't know what is the problem with the installation. I have all my data in this laptop.  My product Number is J6M42PA#ACJ and under warrenty period. Please let me know what to do now and Do I need to take the backup as I don't know whether the system will behave same as before or not if I cancel the installation?.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BIOS-update-is-taking-too-long/td-p/5701558
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I am fairly new an long SQL asp in taking query too search to ASP SQL query taking too long in an asp search and SQL I have created a search against a sql database that is supposed to have different fields in which the user can search by After debugging several errors I have gotten the search to work but now I SQL query taking too long in an asp search have two problems The search takes too long so when I open the form it never comes up and then my server gets locked up I need to know how to optimize my query I need to know how to make it so that the query doesn t run until the submit button is click and then the results will be posted back to that same page When I run my sql query just the way it is in my code it pulls rows When I try to add TOP to my select statement it was taking over minutes so I had to stop it Please help me Please help Here is my code lt Language VBScript gt lt option explicit gt lt response buffer true gt lt -- include file quot adovbs inc quot -- gt lt html gt lt head gt lt title gt Medical Records MPI lt title gt lt -- include file quot dbConnection asp quot -- gt Contents of dbConnection lt Dim adoCon Set adoCon Server CreateObject quot ADODB Connection quot adoCon ConnectionTimeout adoCon CommandTimeout Dim adoConString adoConString quot Provider SQLOLEDB quot amp quot Network Library DBMSSOCN quot amp quot Data Source xxx xxx xxx xxx quot amp quot Initial Catalog dbName quot amp quot User ID UserID quot amp quot Password pwd quot adoCon Open adoConString gt lt meta http-equiv quot Content-Type quot content quot text html charset iso- - quot gt lt link rel quot stylesheet quot href quot main css quot type quot text css quot gt lt head gt lt body bgcolor quot FFFFFF quot text quot quot gt lt Dim sql Dim adoRS Dim T Dim T Dim T T Request Form quot PatNum quot T Request Form quot PatName quot T Request Form quot PatSocial quot sql quot select pt UnitNumber pt Name pt UniquePublicIdentifier pt Address quot amp quot pt Address pt City pt State pt PostalCode pt Telephone pt BirthDateTime quot amp quot pt MaidenOtherName pt MothersName pt PatientID pt VisitDateTime pt VisitType quot amp quot pt VisitAccountNumber pt Confidential pt LocationID pt DischargeDateTime quot amp quot pt DischargeDispositionID pt ProviderID pt Reason quot amp quot from MriPatientUnitNumbers As pt quot amp quot Inner Join MriPatients pt on pt PatientID pt PatientID quot amp quot Inner Join MriPatientVisitEvents pt on pt PatientID pt PatientID where quot Set adoRS Server CreateObject quot ADODB Recordset quot adoRS open sql adoCon adOpenStatic adLockOptimistic if T lt gt quot quot Then sql sql amp quot AND T quot amp T amp quot quot end if if T lt gt quot quot then sql sql amp quot AND T quot amp T amp quot end if if T lt gt quot quot Then sql sql amp quot AND T quot amp T amp quot end if gt lt table width quot quot gt lt tr gt lt td colspan quot quot class quot subHeading quot gt Medical Records lt td gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt td colspan quot quot class quot subHeading quot gt amp nbsp lt td gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt td colspan quot quot gt lt hr color quot cccccc quot gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt td class quot subHeading quot colspan quot quot gt Patient MPI Form lt td gt lt tr gt lt form name quot form quot method quot post quot action quot MedicalRecords MedicalRecords asp quot gt lt Do While adoRS EOF False gt lt tr gt lt td class quot subHeadingBlue quot colspan quot quot gt Patient lt td gt lt td colspan quot quot gt lt input type quot text quot name quot PatNum quot value quot lt adoRS quot UnitNumber quot gt quot gt lt td gt lt td width quot quot class quot subHeadingBlue quot gt Name lt td gt lt td colspan quot quot gt lt input type quot text quot name quot PatName quot value quot lt adoRS quot Name quot gt quot gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt td class quot subHeadingBlue quot valign quot top quot colspan quot quot gt Social Security lt td gt lt td valign quot top quot colspan quot quot gt lt input type quot text qu... Read more

A:SQL query taking too long in an asp search

You need to either have the form on another page or have the query not fire until the submit button is pressed. From the looks of the page you have it should not run but you might want to put in a conditional statement prior to your Query that checks to see if the submit has been pressed and if it hasn't it should do nothing. I see that your connection timout is also set to 0 and you are closing objects that are not even on your page "asoRS" did you hard code the criteria "where (1=1)" just to see what records are returned?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-query-taking-too-long-in-an-asp-search.257515/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi. I just switched to Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm noticing that the command "Windows+L" to lock my screen takes 5 seconds to lock and 21 seconds to unlock, that a lot! While it's locking/unlocking the screen goes black. This action used to be immediate in XP and Vista.

Is this an OS problem or a settings problem of mine? How can I fix it?

Any help is deeply appreciated.

A:Lock Workstation taking too long

Quote: Originally Posted by Metalman189

Hi. I just switched to Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm noticing that the command "Windows+L" to lock my screen takes 5 seconds to lock and 21 seconds to unlock, that a lot! While it's locking/unlocking the screen goes black. This action used to be immediate in XP and Vista.

Is this an OS problem or a settings problem of mine? How can I fix it?

Any help is deeply appreciated.

I would suspect a settings problem. In my ancient laptop it takes 1.5 secs to lock and 5 to unlock. You could create another user and check the time there. If it is shorter you could transfer your things to it.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/84465-lock-workstation-taking-too-long.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
My Toshiba Sattelite has recently started to have a few problems. When I boot it up, it takes about 5 minutes to get past the Welcome/Please Wait screen. After that there is a black screen which takes a further 5-10 minutes to get past. I would appreciate any help and suggestions.
Thank You
Michael

A:Laptop taking too long to log in (various stages)

Welcome

Follow steps on this tutorial first:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Then upload your msinfo file: To get this:
1. Click on the Start
2. Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box
3. When it opens, go to File, Save
4. Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember
5. Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info
6. Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder
7. Upload the .zip file hereFor monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWinfo:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/261859-laptop-taking-too-long-log-various-stages.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am looking for a certain image on this website, but it is taking a long time to load. I am able to get it to load, but it doesn't load right away. Please help.

http://www.ryan-stiles.org/gallery

A:This is taking a long time to load

It takes forever on my browser too. It is hosted on a poor quality/oversubscribed server. There is nothing you can do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535425/this-is-taking-a-long-time-to-load/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guys

I have looked through the discussions and run the tutorial and not found anything to help me!

I was trying to do a system restore ? I went through the normal steps, (may be that was a mistake to start with!! ) clicked on ?restore to an earlier date" and selected 24 Aug. 30 hours later the restore is still running ?the green line is still going across the bottom of the screen. Not sure what to do now ? If I pull the plug on the PC what will or might happen?

I have a HP Pavillion Elite M9351 with Vista Ultimate 64

thanks
Neil

A:System Restore - taking too long?

Hi Neil,

System Restore can be a bit slow at times, but is generally able to complete its task within 15 minutes. 30 hours is a bit on the extreme side and would point to a corrupt restore point or even a corrupt system file. It could also indicate serious problems with your hard drive. You could also try running an SFC check System Files - SFC Command, but the chances are that your system is corrupt. I would be inclined to reinstall Vista either from your recovery discs or from the recovery partition which is available after the BIOS has finished its POST (see manual for details).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180857-system-restore-taking-too-long.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi mods and members I'm new in this tech forum and I need your help All of a sudden my Windows XP computer takes - minutes for to Windows down... is shut taking too long it to display the Windows is taking too long to shut down... shutdown options log off shutdown restart after clicking the turn off computer option in the start tray I tried everything from scanning the computer for viruses spywares malwares to enabling and disabling the startup items and services under the ms configuration utility to no avail I have the HJT log right here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS sttray exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS VMSnap EXE C WINDOWS Domino EXE C WINDOWS xRMT exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM STacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO HP Smart Web Printing - AE A AA-A - B -B -C E E FE - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing SmartWebPrinting dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run VMSnap C WINDOWS VMSnap EXE O - HKLM Run Domino C WINDOWS Domino EXE O - HKLM Run TV Card Remote Control Device Monitor C WINDOWS xRMT exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run NokiaMServer C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer watchfiles O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A ... Read more

A:Windows is taking too long to shut down...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228677/windows-is-taking-too-long-to-shut-down/
Relevancy 55.9%

PC Specs:Manufacturer: ASUSTek computer Inc.System: Windows Home PremiumSystem type: 64 bitCPU: Intel Core i5-3210 2.50 GHzRAM: 6 GBHarddrive:-Total space: 372,3 GB-Used space: 68,8 GB-Free Space: 303,5Software SpecsManufacturer and Software:-Piriform, DefragglerThe question here is why is Defraggler taking so long, and how can i speed it up?Note: I've read the the forum on the Piriform side, and done all the tips and tricks there...Piriform Defraggler is taking really long on defraggling. I am defraggling my hardrive and I just have 2 files fragmented and total of 6 fragmentations with a size of 60 MB, and it says it's going to take 5 hours.Thanks in advance for all you helpers out there.Kind Regards: Xartizax

A:Why is Piriform Defraggler taking so long?

mmm Defraggler... at first I thought you had a typo... until I did a trawl for the item... which is of course seemingly bona-fide...There are more than a few discussions about it being slow... The one below is one of them:http://forum.piriform.com/?showtopi...Interestingly the above discussion does seem to get a little heated in some quarters...If you google for:Piriform defraggler slowyou'll get the above hit - and many more...Often better/wiser to run defrag and other "genuinely useful" utilities in safe-mode....Having tried a few third-party defrag items over the years.. I find the built-in Windows one generally OK. It may not have quite the full range of options that some third-party utils do - but then does one really need them (I do note that Prifiorm defragler is apparently free; but again does one need it?)

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/why-is-piriform-defraggler-taking-so-long/19325.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, My laptop is HP Envy 14k011tu. It has an i5 4th gen processor, 12 GB of RAm and 1 TB hdd. Since i updated to windows 10 my boot up time has increased significantly. It used to take half a min atmost in win 8.1. Every driver is up to date. Thanks. P.S. i once used remove all the apps from system feature because multiple apps werecausing an issue. I hope it did not have any significance to boot time.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-taking-too-long-to-boot/td-p/5664399
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently posted in the sound/audio forum and got some help from Stormy concerning my audio drivers, and he suggested a system restore. I set it for yesterday morning (which was before I had all the problems I am having currently). My computer has been running system restore for almost 2 hours now, and I think its stuck. The monitor shows nothing, it is black. Is there anything that can be done?

A:System Restore taking too long?

Quote: Originally Posted by fatwalrus

I recently posted in the sound/audio forum and got some help from Stormy concerning my audio drivers, and he suggested a system restore. I set it for yesterday morning (which was before I had all the problems I am having currently). My computer has been running system restore for almost 2 hours now, and I think its stuck. The monitor shows nothing, it is black. Is there anything that can be done?

I would kill it (cold boot) and look in the event viewer (type eventvwr in search) to see what the problem is
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/91148-system-restore-taking-too-long.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Certain folders on my computer take forever to load after awhile I ve noticed that these are usually folders with a lot of files in them It s weird because when I restart my computer these specific folders will load up fine for hours until for an unknown reason they ll start taking minutes to load At first I thought it was just my external hard drives which were acting up due to it being USB however long load to too taking Folders I found out Folders taking too long to load the Folders taking too long to load other night that my program file folder on the C drive took a long time to load as well Even if I turn the external hard drive off cool it off then turn Folders taking too long to load it back on those particular folders will still take awhile to load I ve also noticed that if one folder lags then the others will lag around the same time My system Windows XP Media Center Edition SP Dual Core T GHZ GB of RAM Intel Media Accelerator integrated video card I ve attached a picture of what it looks like while it s loading just to be sure nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell PC. The MB and RAM are the only parts that are still original. Video Card, HDs, and PSU have been replaced.

Since I did the replacement, actually a friend did the installation of the new parts, my PC now takes a very long time to start up. I hit the power button, nothing happens...but if you listen you can hear a fan whirring up and down repeatedly. After about roughly 3 minutes, I hear another fan go super fast (this is normal, has happened since I got the PC) then stop and then the computer does its POST test.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening? Kinda sucks that in order to reboot the computer, it takes 5 minutes from the time I hit the power button to the time I enter my password to log in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bootup-taking-a-long-time.930535/
Relevancy 55.9%

My computer takes too long to start when I first log in and then when I click on Internet Explorer. I believe my computer is trying to open other programs as well before opening IE but I dont know how to stop this process.

Relevancy 55.9%

hi can anyone throw any suggestioins to this problem
my system starts windows loding screen about 30 seconds then i log into windows it then takes 4 or 5 minutes to load completly any ideas on this would be great

A:xp taking long time to boot

Not enough free space on your hard disk?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-taking-long-time-to-boot-321085.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i have booted from an old hard drive while trying to solve a laptop problem and on shutdown it is installing a Microssoft update (1 of 1) but it's been at it for over 6 hours. The windows "Donut" is turning and the " .. " are moving suggesting it is still installing, but 6 hours seems excessive. Is this common, or do you think it's crashed?
Andy

A:Why is Installing updates taking so long

Welcome Andy,
This does happen ocassionally, and is usually due to an install loop. I am afraid that the install has failed and will continue until you take some sort of action. It happened to me once, I was forced to shut down the computer and lost everything, including the OS. I was forced to use a saved image to reinstall my system. Usually the results of a forced shutdown are not as drastic, but may cause problems. I would try to;
Stop the install
if that does not work you may be forced to shut down the computer.
After this problem is resolved, please, download the free Macrium Reflect and back up your hard drive monthly or even weekly. In the case of problems, you always have a current back up.
The Importance of an Image of your Hard Drive

Check your hard drive, does it seem to be working or does it seemed to be stalled?
In addition, after this is resolved, you may also want to test your hard drive and make sure it is not failing.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296056-why-installing-updates-taking-so-long.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I'm fresh with Win 7(64-bit). I've used WindowsXp till week ago. Never tried Vista. On WindowsXP when I press "Sleep" button system turns off both graphic and hard drive instantly. Now days when I press "Sleep", on win 7, it takes him 30 sec at best to turn off hard disk and power. It seams too long to be considered normal since same hardware was used with WindowsXp. I was wondering if this is normal for win 7 and can I do anything to boost that time. I searched web for similar questions and found no luck.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Any thoughts on this subject will be appreciated

A:Sleep taking too long to start

Close all active tasks before you press sleep and see whether that is the same. Maybe you have a task that needs "special attention".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97906-sleep-taking-too-long-start.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My computer has to Taking XP a Win time long boot always booted up with no problems in about seconds About - weeks ago it started taking about minutes to boot What it will do is POST really fast as normal then on the black Windows Logo screen it will Win XP Taking a long time to boot stall for about minutes with the little scrolly thing moving across about times Eventually it gets to the login screen and then to Windows But I am trying to figure out what is causing this so I can reverse it Here is what I ve done so far and some info about my system Windows XP SP IE not installedIntel Dual Core gigs of RAM Wire DSL ModemTroubleshooting so far -Did system virus scans with Avast which is running all the time anyway and Malwarebytes updated it before scan no viruses found -Checked msconfig for any programs running I didn t need disabled a couple that snuck in there somehow quicktime toolbar etc but I don t think this was the problem anyway rebooted and no change -Ran eventvwr exe to see if there were any errors during bootup that was slowing it down nothing -Rebooted my computer with the network cable unplugged to see if maybe it was some kind of network issue didn t notice a change -Reviewed my Windows Update and found that it installed some kind of Family pack update to Microsoft NET framework about the same time these boot problems started Well I had only installed the NET framework to begin with for some program my wife needed well she doesn t need it anymore so I decided to uninstall the NET framework completely -After I uninstalled each NET piece I rebooted no change in boot time -So I figured there were maybe some extra pieces laying around so i downloaded and ran the NET uninstall cleanup utility found here http blogs msdn com astebner pages aspx it worked successfully Rebooted still no change -Finally I disabled the black XP logo screen so I could see what drivers it loads so I could see if it takes an unusually long time on one driver to narrow down the problem used the SOS option under BOOT INI in msconfig Well what happened was it loaded all the drivers in a second then went to a blue Windows XP screen Microsoft reg Windows reg Version Build Service pack System Processors MB Memory Multiprocessor Kernel for the rest of the minutes Giving me no clues So I m stuck here don t know what else to try Need some help I really don t want to reformat and reinstall and if it comes to that I will just have to live with the minute boot But if Anyone has any ideas at all or anything I can try please help me Thank you

A:Win XP Taking a long time to boot

Hello,

Can you get in to the system at all?
Do you perform defrags, cleanups etc?
If you can get in to the system, does it go at a slower than normal speed?
Have you updated the system drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230697/win-xp-taking-a-long-time-to-boot/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guys, My Packard Bell Laptop is taking way too long to shut down. Im talking 10 to 15 minutes. I get so annoyed waiting for it that I have resulted to just holding the power key down and shutting it off all together. Then the next day having to hit the enter key on start windows normally. I know this is not good for my laptop. Anyway what recommendations do you have to speed up the shut down operation. Here are some details on my laptop.
Packard Bell Easynote.
Windows Vista Home Premium.
Intel Core 2 Duo.
Memory 1GB.
32 Bit Operating System.
Thanks guys

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I am using XP professional SP2. Recently i have seen that shutdown is taking very long time (about 4 to 5 minutes)
Probably not a virus issue since i have scanned my pc by Malware bytes Anti-malware, Bitdefender 2010 and Spybot.

What could be the reasons?

A:Shutdown taking very long time

If you're sure you're not infected, you could try this tool:Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleanup Service (UPHClean)http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837115I find it very effective.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268276/shutdown-taking-very-long-time/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hopefully I get this correct but I have been reading what could cause my IE to take a long time to close I ran HighJackThis and here is my output I am hoping someone can tell me if there is anything out of the ordinary that could be the culprit Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running 8 time taking a to close really IE long processes C ProgramData SingleClick Systems apache bin httpd exe C Program Files x Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnect exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x Lexmark Series lxbtmon exe IE 8 taking a really long time to close C Program Files x Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files x The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exe C Program Files x Dell Video Chat DellVideoChat exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x LaCie Genie Backup Assistant GBMAgent exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x IE 8 taking a really long time to close Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exe C Users Narva AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www shrewsbury-ma gov R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Share... Read more

A:IE 8 taking a really long time to close

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375248/ie-8-taking-a-really-long-time-to-close/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello ,
I have computer with following specification ..

Processor: 533 Mhz Intel Celeron
Primary cache : 32 Kb
Secondary cache : 128 Kb
Tertiary cache : 128 KB

Main circuit board : Tyan computer corporation , Intel 810 1.0
Bus clock : 66 MHz
BIOS American Megatrends Inc 063101 01/15/99

Ram : 256 Mb

Hard drive : 20 GB

Problem :
when i start the computer it shows that S.M.A.R.T is present but disabled ..when i able it ..it wont work properly ....it takes a long time on welcome screen which opens with a beep sound ..sometimes it takes 15-20 minutes in that welcome screen ...i have already uninstalled all the softwares which were usually loading at the beginning ...i disabled everything in msconfig ....so could anybody please suggest me anything else ..would BIOS update helps in anyways ..if yes how can i do that ...
thanks ..

A:taking long time on welcome screen ?????

Howdy bindudhindsa

First off It will be a little slow because of your system specs..

But turn off SMART. as this just slows down the Hard drive. it monitors the HD constanstly to make sure its not going to Die on ya, and its really never right anyway..

Try this to make windows boot faster..
Go to start. Click run
Type in regedit
Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\MemoryManagement\PrefetchParameters

On the EnablePrefetcher value, change the setting from 3 to 5 (decimal).

Close the registry editor.

Restart your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taking-long-time-on-welcome-screen-153079.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have no idea as to why my computer has all of a sudden decided it would be slow but for some reason it has I have ran taking to long load... Pages too the normal things i e Ad-Aware Spybot and Norton s but still Pages taking too long to load... running extremely slow I have DSL Pages taking too long to load... and have never had any problems in the two years running it but now something is wrong My HJT log is as follows and assistance would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGUARD EXE C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox MMDiag exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Ashley Neese Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Norton Personal Firewall - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton Personal Firewall - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run MimBoot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mimboot exe O - HKLM Run eTrustPPAP quot C Program Files CA eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDetection exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAp... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

i dont know why the updates\downloads are taking so long, i just bought the computer and it already feels like its running slow.  how long do updates normal take? could my computer feel like its slow because of the updates taking so long?thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/downloads-updates-taking-very-long/td-p/5716701
Relevancy 55.9%

Lately I've noticed that my custom-built PC has been taking roughly - minutes to shut down and upon start-up it takes - minutes to get past the screen for my motherboard With my specs I didn't think I'd have this problem I just did a virus scan with avast free antivirus and it turned up nothing I cleaned the disc defragged registry etc but it's still taking so long to start up and shut down And another problem is I can't even log off and log back in if I log off not only does that take a long time but when I log back in the only thing visable is my cursor and my desktop never appears it's simply a black screen and I've left it on for hours waiting for it shut taking to long Windows 7 down? too to load with no results I have a Logitech gaming controller and and TB external HDD plugged in if that helps My specs are Windows Home Premium -bit Build Intel Core i CPU GHz CPUs GHz GB RAM Page file MB used MB available DirectX ATI Radeon HD Series If I missed any necessary information or you need more details just let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7 taking too long to shut down?

Quote: Originally Posted by Hyde99X

Lately I've noticed that my custom-built PC has been taking roughly 5-10 minutes to shut down, and upon start-up it takes 5-10 minutes to get past the screen for my motherboard. With my specs, I didn't think I'd have this problem. I just did a virus scan with avast free antivirus and it turned up nothing. I cleaned the disc, defragged registry, etc. but it's still taking so long to start up and shut down. And another problem is I can't even log off and log back in, if I log off, not only does that take a long time, but when I log back in the only thing visable is my cursor and my desktop never appears, it's simply a black screen (and I've left it on for hours waiting for it to load with no results). I have a Logitech gaming controller and and 3TB external HDD plugged in if that helps. My specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Intel Core i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4GB RAM
Page file: 2223MB used, 5962MB available
DirectX 11
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

If I missed any necessary information or you need more details, just let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unplug the 3tb external hard drive and try to boot the system and shut it down. Also, don't use ANY registry defraggers or "cleaners" as those could end in bad news for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235049-windows-7-taking-too-long-shut-down.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok Guys hope you can help me with this one. I hope its in the rigth spot.

I have been building my own PC and ran into some problems.
I purchased the ASUS P5 W Deluxe motherboard.
I purchased th intel core 2 duo processor running at 2.13Ghz
Its got 1 GB of RAM
I like to backup movies that I purchase. Its taking way too long to copy them.
l tried to do a backup using dvd shrink and Any DVD it took 1 hour 22 minutes to backup. Using nere I tried creating a copy of the backup and it took 1 hour 12 seconds. My master drive is an HP DVD940i internal 18X Super Multi DVD Writer. My Slave drive is a Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DRU-830A drive, also 18X. Let me know if you need anymore info.

A:Taking too long to backup movies?

My specs are posted below

I use Any DVD, DVD Shrink 3.2 and DVD Decrypter with an NEC Combo 8X Burner. I can burn a standard widescreen DVD movie in about 40 minutes. Has this system always been slow? Are your CD/DVD writers set in DMA mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/taking-too-long-to-backup-movies.69758/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm not sure what was wrong but it was taking a very long time for my laptop to shut itself down mins mins Somewhere along the lines of that definitely not the proper shut down sequence I'm also not sure why this started happening Something seems to have caused a hang-up or some kind of error problem Down' taking with too Problems 'Shut long with shutting down Everything else seems to be working fine when the computer is turned on It's just the shut down that seems to be having some issues So I was trying to read and troubleshoot this to see if I could figure out what was wrong Here are some of the things I did I booted into safemode and tried shutting down and it still took quite a long time I did a full scan with my antivirus program Kaspersky Internet Security and it was clean I did a full scan with Malwarebytes and it was clean I ran the '' sfc scannow quot and it verified everything was okay I did the 'error-checking' CHKDSK scan after rebooting it scanned and reported that everything Problems with 'Shut Down' taking too long seemed okay Manually ran Windows Update to make sure my system was up-to-date Everything is up-to-date After trying to find out read other topics and suggestions with people experiencing the similar problems I was wondering if there was something wrong with my system pagefile So I followed some advice that was given and did this Computer gt System Properties gt Advanced System Settings gt Advanced Tab and went into the Performance Settings gt Advanced Tab and under the Virtual Memory clicked 'Change' gt I then selected 'No paging file' and applied that change I rebooted my computer still took too long for shutting down and then after the reboot I went through the same steps above to create a new pagfile I selected the system to automatically manage paging file size for all drives and changed the 'No paging file' to 'System managed size' and clicked 'Set' Rebooted the computer and still seemed to take a long time So then I was reading something about possible problems with the system automatically clearing the pagefile at shutdown and it could be causing the extremely long shut down times So I followed some advice opened up RegEdit to navigate around the registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Memory Management Changed the data value of the ClearPageFileAtShutdown value in the following registry key from a value of to a value of After this I shut down my computer and it seemed to shut down quot normally quot So my question s and concerns right now are is this a fix and solution to my issues So my pagefile isn't getting cleaned anymore right Will it ever be cleaned Do I have to worry about problems since it's not being cleaned of it saving and collecting data and growing bigger Is what I did safe and acceptable Are there some other things I can do to try to resolve this another way I guess I don't really understand this and which value is quot the best safest and most appropriate quot value to have or Does it really matter using one over the other The other HP laptop here has its value set to and it shuts down quot normally quot So I'm wondering why on this laptop the long shutdown time is happening Are there some tools scans I could run and upload specific information here on the forums so someone with more expertise could look them over Or possibly some error logs the computer stores that I could upload that someone could look over and try to identify the issues Sorry for the long post it feels like I'm writing a novel I'm just trying to explain some of the things I have done to try to figure out and fix this issues But since I'm not extremely tech-savvy I'm coming here for help I know my way around a computer but in no way am I real expert or extremely tech-savvy So if there's anything I can do I would appreciate some advice and guidance Thank

A:Problems with 'Shut Down' taking too long

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

I'm pretty sure that the ClearPageFileAtShutdown setting should be 0 by default. I would leave it as 0.

Perhaps there is an app that is running...
...that hangs on shutdown
...that Windows is not telling you about.

You can try the steps in this tutorial...
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
...to see if you can find that app.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/332977-problems-shut-down-taking-too-long.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi
I installed vista onto an acer extensa 5235 laptop last week, replacing lubuntu.
It has worked fine until yesterday when I accidentally shut it down while windows was installing updates.

Now I get the "windows failed to start" screen
All of the options (safe mode, command prompt, last good config, start normally) just loop back to this screen.

I booted from the vista install disc,
I filled in the language, keyboard etc,
Then I clicked on "repair your computer"

Then, there is a blue windows screen (not BSOD) with the white cursor.

Nothing else happens, I left it overnight and still the same, I tried it over again today and the same happens.

It sounds like its doing something

Should I just wait? or is there anything else I can try.

I have everything I need backed up

(I need this laptop for work next week!)

Any help appreciated

David

A:Vista repair taking too long?

Boot off of the Windows DVD and press Repair Your Computer, immediately press Shift+F10 to open the Command Prompt. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. Check Disk will go through 5 stages and may take a long while.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-repair-taking-too-long-892298.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed vista ultimate 32 bit on my pc, now after updating the pc with about 40 updates and restarting, it is still booting after about 30 minutes, could it be that it is normal for so many updates? or has something bad happened?

Edit: if this helps the point im waiting at is the loading bar with Microsoft Corporation written under it.

A:Vista taking LONG to boot.

Hmmm well now the loading stopped and it rebooted just to start loading again.

If it helps, this is a new ATA drive I installed vista on, now set to primary master, after I downloaded the updates I changed the cable it was attached to and plugged in my old drive as slave, with the new drive being primary master now(although I don't think this could affect anything).

Is it normal for it to reboot like that after certain updates?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-taking-long-to-boot-286772.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell Vaio with Windows Vista installed on it. I accidentally deleted the recycle bin and am doing a system restore. It has been 6 hours and its still restoring. I have tried everything I can think of. I have turned the notebook off I have hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and i can't think f anything else to do. Any tips?

A:System Restore Taking Too Long

Oh. Sorry. It's a Sony Vaio.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-restore-taking-too-long-266540.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everybody,
Well recently I decided to switch motherboards and sysprep for switching. I started syspreping 9 hours ago and it is still going..I don't know what to do now. I searched online and people say it should take 5 minutes max. Mine has been going for 9 hours..It is stuck at "Processing generalize phase Sysprep plugins". I ran it OOBE and checked generalize. Please help :/

If sysprepping does not work, is there another way to switch motherboards safely?

A:Sysprep taking a very long time

Hi, Welcome to Seven forums.

Check your sysprep.inf file for BuildMassStorageSection=yes and set to NO.

For more, check out How To Use the System Preparation Tool (Sysprep.exe) to Perform Disk Duplication

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323371-sysprep-taking-very-long-time.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, i'm roushan. i'm using Lenovo notebook model 3000 N200 (type:0769). i purchased it 6 years back. i got it with 512 MB RAM,120 GB HD, Intel Dual Core 1.60GHz processor. i upgraded it with additional 2GB RAM which left me 2.5GB RAM. i installed Windows 7(32-BIT). it was well since 8 months, but now i'm facing a problem with this. it is easily booting, but its taking too long to shut down. previously it used to take max. of half min. but now, its taking nearly 10 mins. Plz help me out of this. i use CCleaner regularly. i clear temp files & prefetch regularly.

A:System taking too long to shut down

CCLeaner has several useful utilities, but I would recommend you do not use the registry cleaner. Cleaning the registry is not necessary and as with all registry cleaner/optimizer programs they are inclined to cause more problems than they fix.

Your symptoms would suggest there is a process stopping the system from closing. First try booting into Safe Mode and see if the shutdown is any quicker, then report back.

To get into Safe Mode, start tapping the F8 key from the second you switch on, you should see a menu appear. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight Safe Mode then hit the Enter key. Let it finish loading and for it to reach the desktop, most graphics will appear much larger than normal. After a few minutes shut the system down in the normal way and see how long it takes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-taking-too-long-to-shut-down.1116398/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have downloaded the newest RTM 32bit Windoows 7 from Microsoft MSDN and tried to install it on my Celeron 2 Duo 64bit system.. Now when I boot the computer up the Windows logo comes, and then it stays there for 20+ minutes before the system is booted up.. I have tried with other versions of Win7 32bit also, but its the same everytime.. Is this because I absolutly need to install a 64bit version? I remember that I once had 32bit Vista on another 64bit system and that worked fine...

Anyone experienced this before?

A:Taking too long time to reboot...?

try setting your CPU to start up windows with 2 cores

run msconfig
set to 2 in your case

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/21085-taking-too-long-time-reboot.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys,

Now, I'm no computer expert here but I have just tried to do a system restore on my laptop but it has just been on the screen "Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is restoring the registry".

It has been on this screen now for about three hours so I'm sure something is up. I have no idea what to do - any ideas?

Thanks

Pudgey

A:System Restore taking too long

The date you've chosen affects the time taken, the older the longer. Also corruption affects time, but even with these two factors, it's been too long. Restart, turn off your AV and try another date.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/system-restore-taking-too-long-696485.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hey guys please help me... recently i have plugged in pen drive during booting after that my pc takes long time in welcome screen.. it makes to go crazy..
spec:
xp sp3
intel g41 mobo
core2duo e7500
3gb ddr3
nvidia 8400gs

A:taking long time to boot

Don't plug it until after it boots.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taking-long-time-to-boot-607934.html