Windows Support Forum

programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work

Q: programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work

I have no idea what my sister and her friends were doing on the comp for a couple recov not work computer shut down loading right, sys right, doesn't programs doesn't of days that i decided not to use it but now - a few programs take forever to load or don't load at all but they do show up under the processes tab in the task manager - after pressing Ctrl Alt Del the task manager icon appears in the system tray but the thing only shows up a minute later - my system recovery is quot not able to protect my computer quot and restarting does nothing - actually when restarting or shutting down Windows it stops at where it only shows my desktop background and cursor which is still able to move and nothing else after that so i have programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work to hold the power button and force it to shut off - when I right click the desktop and click on quot Properties quot or something similar to programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work this action it doesn't show up at all and whenever I try to open any application after that they don't even load at all either - and probably other stuff that I haven't took note of yet Things i've tried to get rid of these problems - Virus scan with programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work avast a couple viruses found and fixed but nothing changed - disk clean up nothing changed - registry clean nothing changed - CURRENTLY defragging my C drive hope something changes Anyone know what the heck's going on Anyone got any suggestions on what to do next Anything helps and would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work

no replies yet? :(

anyway, just stopped by to say that when shutting down, it takes forever to get to the "Saving your settings..." screen, and that's where I decided that it stops and nothing else after that.
Defragged my C drive, still no results besides the computer feeling a bit smoother-running o_o

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-not-loading-right-computer-doesnt-shut-down-right-sys-recov-doesnt-work-316544.html
Relevancy 87.42%

I have no idea what my sister and her friends were doing on the comp for a couple of days that i decided not to use it but now - a few programs take forever to load or don t load at all but they do show up under the processes tab in doesn't work, recov. down properly, can't not shut properly, starting etc.. Apps sys. the task manager - after pressing Ctrl Alt Del the task manager icon appears in the system tray but the thing only shows up a minute later - my system recovery is quot not able to protect my computer quot and restarting does nothing - actually when restarting or shutting down Windows it stops at where it only shows my desktop background and cursor which is still able to move and nothing else after that so i have to hold the power button and force it to shut off - when Apps not starting properly, sys. recov. doesn't work, can't shut down properly, etc.. I right click the desktop and click on quot Properties quot or something similar to this action it doesn t show up at all and whenever I try Apps not starting properly, sys. recov. doesn't work, can't shut down properly, etc.. to open any application after that they don t even load at all either Things i ve tried to get rid of these problems - Virus scan with avast a couple viruses found and fixed but nothing changed - disk clean up nothing changed - registry clean nothing changed - CURRENTLY defragging my C drive hope something changes Anyone know what the heck s going on Apps not starting properly, sys. recov. doesn't work, can't shut down properly, etc.. Anyone got any suggestions on what to do next Anything helps and would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Apps not starting properly, sys. recov. doesn't work, can't shut down properly, etc..

no replies yet?

anyway, just stopped by to say that when shutting down, it takes forever to get to the "Saving your settings..." screen, and that's where I decided that it stops and nothing else after that.
Defragged my C drive, still no results besides the computer feeling a bit smoother-running o_o

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-not-starting-properly-sys-recov-doesnt-work-cant-shut-down-properly-etc.772770/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello Today my computer randomly just shut off as if the Doesn't Now Off, Work Sound Randomly Computer Shut battery was unplugged When I turned it back on the Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Sound Doesn't Work sound was Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Sound Doesn't Work not working Troubleshooting showed the drivers to not be working In inspecting the driver properties there was the message quot Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code quot I tried restarting it to no avail I tried deleting and re-downloading the audio drivers Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Sound Doesn't Work When I tried to delete the Realtek driver in the Control Panel the installscript crashed I was able to uninstall other things with no problem I managed to get around this by deleting it through device manager the installscript still gave me a crash message but after the driver was uninstalled The Intell Display Audio driver uninstalled without an issue I re-downloaded and installed the drivers It still didn't work I went into the registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E C-E - CE-BFC - BE and deleted UpperFilters there was no LowerFilters I restarted my computer Still the sound doesn't work Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Sound Doesn't Work

A computer that automatically shuts down has over heated, and shut down to stop damaging being done.
You did not say, but since you mentioned a battery, I assume this is a laptop? Be sure to blow out the fans on the side and bottom of the laptop with a can of compressed air.
As for the sound, after restarting, in the Device Manager are there any yellow flags for devices, especially under Sound, Video and Game Controllers? If there is no longer a Realtek device, or Other device, then restart the computer and boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals. Look for Onboard Audio, if it is disabled, using your arrow and enter keys Enable it. Save and Exit. When the computer comes back up you should get New Hardware Found, if you previously installed a driver it should load.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-randomly-shut-off-now-sound-doesnt-work-1028785.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I'm not sure if this is something new that started with my new Windows 8 computer, or if it has always been this way, but I noticed that when my desktop, which is connected to my router via a cable, is shutdown, the router stops functioning, and I can't access the web with my notebook. Is there a setting somewhere that would keep the router working without disconnecting the LAN cable from the desktop. My desktop is normally up and running from the time I get up, until I go to bed, which is why I never noticed this before.

A:Router doesn't work when desktop computer is shut down

Router make/model?

Is your desktop connected to the router via one of the (i'll assume) 4 LAN ports on the router?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24130-router-doesnt-work-when-desktop-computer-shut-down.html
Relevancy 98.47%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi I posted this in other tech support forums nobody seems to be able to help me there Decided to try out this forum Off, Computer Randomly (Sound Now Can't Doesn't Bleep Work) Computer Shut All of the info is Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Computer Can't Bleep (Sound Doesn't Work) here http www techsupportforum com forums f computer-randomly-shut-off-now-sound-doesnt-work- html post To sum it up my laptop randomly shut off one day as if the battery was removed and the sound stopped working when I started it back up Someone said it overheated The fan was faulty worked kinda so I thought that might have been true got it replaced Computer shut off again in the same way about a week and a half or so later but was only warm to the touch -- it's been much warmer before without shutting off Anyways since it shut off the first time the sound stopped working and the drivers for it have had yellow flags and the following message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code Any attempt to Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Computer Can't Bleep (Sound Doesn't Work) delete and re-install the drivers has been unsuccessful so far Any help in solving Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Computer Can't Bleep (Sound Doesn't Work) this issue would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Computer Can't Bleep (Sound Doesn't Work)

Faulty fan...shutoffs from overheating...my personal opinion is that the system could have resulted in motherboard damage.

What did the person who replaced the fan...have to say about all this, subsequent to fan replacement?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587278/computer-randomly-shut-off-now-computer-cant-bleep-sound-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 95.03%

For the last month or so, every time I log off my account, the keyboard does not register at the Windows Log In screen. This makes it so I have to restart the computer and then it works fine.
There are three accounts on the computer, the casing has been half removed for the last 3 months, a DVD burner and driver recently installed 3 months ago and I am using a wireless off brand USB keyboard and mouse.
As for the second part, the computer requires several restarts to boot up, sometimes up to twenty minutes of turning on and off to boot up. Only started doing this a week ago.

A:My Keyboard doesn't work, and the computer turns on but doesn't start.

It sounds like something is wrong with your Windows XP drivers. Something like that happened to me while building my computer, and when I boot up the keyboard did not work because my copy of windows XP was bad. You could try reinstalling windows XP, and It might work better, but I dont have a definite answer to your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-keyboard-doesnt-work-and-the-computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-start-381732.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 88.15%

Help my windows 7 laptop just keeps rebooting and i cant get to safe mode or recovery what should i do ?

A:system recovery doesn't work and safe mode doesn't work and just keeps reboting

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631274/system-recovery-doesnt-work-and-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-just-keeps-reboting/
Relevancy 86.86%

After reading several posts on my separate laptop I was able to get the error code for why the Windows 7 isn't loading.

stop : 0X00000024 (0X0000000000190494 , 0xFFFFFA800471DA70, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000102 , 0X0000000000000000)

The pc was built with several different parts by my ex and I don't have the CD for Windows 7 to use on it. I was thinking about reformatting it anyway, but couldn't since the drive I wanted to format was running Windows 7.

Any ideas on how to get my pc to work without the CD?

A:Not loading OS, Safe mode doesn't work

It seems a problem with ntfs.sys. The best way is to use recovery console but since you don't have the installation cd you can't do that. So try to run chkdsk /f /r, this may do the job.
It would be better if you attach the dump file to your post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/not-loading-os-safe-mode-doesnt-work-635668.html
Relevancy 86.86%

can somebody please help me. i try to start my computer but when it starts loading windows it blocks. i've tried to start it in safe mode but nothing. i also tried to repair windows installlation but it also blocks...
what can i do?? does anybody know what might be the problem???
thanks

A:XP SP3 problem loading, repair doesn't work

Hello LLMB0611,

What do you mean by "it blocks"?

Are you getting an error at startup?

What happens when you try and start the system in Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-sp3-problem-loading-repair-doesnt-work-342932.html
Relevancy 86.43%

here's my problem as near as I can tell a few months ago the wireless connection on my hp laptop stopped quot seeing quot my wireless network Eventually during a scan with my panda security system a virus was found for some reason it is no longer in the logs-but is was I think trojan or sasser in my outlook folders-and it was deleted The wireless seemed to work again but then went back wireless see anymore) (computer doesn't internal my wireless work doesn't to being quot invisible quot to my wireless detector on the laptop I went to HP downloads to see if I could just update the quot driver quot and ended up updating quot system bios quot which seemed to work also for a while then the system goes back to not seeing the wireless I could sometimes do the right-click quot repair quot option to get it to connect but that stops working after a while I think that there is still some residual virus lurking in the system to cause this problem so that is why I am posting here Thanks for any help you can give I am not exactly sure if this is where I attach the dds txt text but will put it here just in case DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Victoria Jerome at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Panda Internet Security Enabled Updated FB - C E- E -B C-A A A C BF FW Panda Personal Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA INTERNET SECURITY WebProxy exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry internal wireless doesn't work (computer doesn't see my wireless anymore) exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k Panda C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsCtrls exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Security PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ c program files panda security panda internet security firewall PSHOST EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsImSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PskSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security APVXDWIN EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C WINDOWS system bcmntray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager ex... Read more

A:internal wireless doesn't work (computer doesn't see my wireless anymore)

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
===

For AVG antivirus and anti-spyware security software users only.

Quote:

Due to recent changes in AVG and how it interacts with CF, AVG must be uninstalled to run ComboFix. You will get a message from CF stating such.

If AVG will not uninstall, it is first recommended to uninstall it with this AppRemover by Opswat. The AVG uninstaller can be downloaded from here > AppRemover.exe Go to their homepage and you will see they have support for removal of other AV's as well AVG appremover tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/internal-wireless-doesnt-work-computer-doesnt-see-my-wireless-anymore-583186.html
Relevancy 86%

I m pretty sure I had a trojan or something cause my computer kept getting worse I tried several scanning programs but none of them cleared it up completely Anyway now I can t even get past the windows loading screen and if I try to log in through safemode I get stuck at the screen that says quot SyS multidisk quot or something Is there any way that I can safemode work screen, Stuck doesn't loading at log in dos mode or something and completely wipe my system clean Stuck at loading screen, safemode doesn't work and reinstall windows xp I don t have the disk it came with windows XP already on it I don t care if I lose all my files I just want a working computer again free of any trojans or anything So can I somehow log in dos mode or something I don t even know how to do that wipe everything clean including whatever virus screwed up my comp and reinstall windows XP without the disk I m assuming I have a copy of windows XP saved on my hard drive or something cause my computer came with Stuck at loading screen, safemode doesn't work windows XP already installed and they didn t give me a disk Thanks so much for the help I hope I can get my computer working again nbsp

A:Stuck at loading screen, safemode doesn't work

Hi kultivater,

When you first turn on your computer, you may see a prompt stating press F10 (or another function key) to go to System Recovery (label may be different)

Please try restarting and then check for that key press. If you get into CMOS (bios) setup screen, that's not it (which is usually DEL or F1 or F2 key)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-at-loading-screen-safemode-doesnt-work.105920/
Relevancy 86%

I loaded on a hp pavillion tx work loading crashes 64 HP f8 360 doesn't Norton Vista after after de HP Vista 64 crashes after loading Norton 360 f8 doesn't work installing the original norton and runing the norton register clean tool I think and my computer crashed with blank screen Many restarts later I used f to start it in safe mode copied most files off it and then got it to start used norton to scan for virus ran registery clean from norton My computer would not go through the restore process after first start After it powered down tried to start and f won't work Any suggestions I don't have a back up disk but the disk system restore from HP Don't want to use as I will have to reload all of my software again A couple of clues norton on the site says it does not support tablet pcs but I called them and they said they support this model I also had a driver conflict with the external monitor driver and should have fixed it I have not loaded any major windows updates since I bought it in July I did load the driver updates from HP in September as it crashed then

A:HP Vista 64 crashes after loading Norton 360 f8 doesn't work

1) get a linux live cd...bear in mind it must support ntfs? or fat or whteva
2) backup all your data...to external disk
3) reinstall operating system
DOne

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-vista-64-crashes-after-loading-norton-360-f8-doesnt-work-331415.html
Relevancy 86%

I'm pretty sure I had a trojan or something cause my computer kept getting worse I tried several work at screen, doesn't loading safemode Stuck scanning programs but none of them cleared it up completely Anyway now I can't even get past the windows loading screen and if I try to log in through safemode I get stuck at the screen that says quot SyS multidisk quot or something Is there any way that I can log in dos mode or something and completely wipe my system clean and reinstall windows xp I don't have the disk it came with windows XP already on it I don't care if I lose all my files I just want a working computer again free of any trojans or anything So can I somehow Stuck at loading screen, safemode doesn't work log in dos mode or something I don't even know how to do that wipe everything clean including whatever virus screwed up my comp and reinstall windows XP without the disk I'm assuming I have a copy of windows XP saved on my hard drive or something cause my computer came with windows XP already installed and they didn't give me a disk Thanks so much for the help I hope I can get my computer working again

A:Stuck at loading screen, safemode doesn't work

Hello kultivater, Welcome to TSF!

If the data is not important to you, have you the following items handy?...

1: The original Motherboard Drivers CD
2: A Windows? XP SP2-CD (or access to borrow one)
3: The Windows? Product Key that came with the computer.

Once you have these, we can give you a step-by-step guide to wiping your HDD and reinstalling the Operating System (Windows? XP) on your computer...if that's what you really want to do

Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-loading-screen-safemode-doesnt-work-254765.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi!
I upgraded to Ultimate from Home premium for about 2 weeks ago.
I deleted some of my programs but i decided to install new movie-programs so i wanted to try out Sony Vegas trial. But it doesn't work. But it did when i had Premium?
The same with Camtasia studio!
What can i do?
Can i get my homepremium back?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/226480-programs-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 84.71%

i cant remove programs that i do not want anymore. when i go to my computer then try to open it no programs show up just "please wait while the list is being populated"

Relevancy 84.71%

When I try to open up 'All Programs' in the 'Start' menu nothing happens. I have also tried right clicking and open and that does work, but I can only see a few of my programs and even then it should be able to open up normally anyways. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

A:Start > All Programs Doesn't Work

When you point to "All Programs" on a Windows XP-based computer, the list of programs does not appear, or the list of programs is empty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170156/start-all-programs-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 84.71%

When I go to the control panel and choose Add/Remove Programs the window pops up and says 'Populating List' and it stays there. I don't know what's wrong with it. I run a virus scan every morning while I shower and it's been clean. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 84.71%

I have been having some other problems with my computer, in trying to resolve those issues I have lost the ability to use the All Programs button from the start menu. Other buttons such as control panel work, but not all programs.
I dont know what I did to cause this but if anyone can help with getting it back for me it would be appreciated.
It does not work in safe mode either, and I cannot restore my computer to an earlier date.

A:All Programs button doesn't work

Log in as an Administrator. Go Start > Run and typeregsvr32 /i shell32.dllReboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217287/all-programs-button-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 84.71%

My neighbor has asked me for help with her Dell computer that is running slowly and can't connect to the internet. I was unable to run Adaware on it but I have run CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Superantispyware successfully. I also wanted to remove some unwanted programs such as CouponBar, cp_atenaShokunin1, x-lite, Mcaffee, etc.. but control panel does not give me that option in Add/Remove programs.

TIA,
CCoia

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241444/add-remove-programs-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 84.28%

I am trying to use my CD-ROM drive and it doesn't work here are the list of things I have tried

Uninstalled and reinstalled the cd-rom driver it is a Matbleepa UJ-840D CD-ROM/DVD/CD-RW in my HP laptop (Didn't work)

Read stuff about code 39 and removed in the registry edit screen Upperfilters, Upperfilters.bak, Lowerfilters, Lowerfilters.bak and rebooted (Didn't work)

Removed itunes from computer (didn't solve the issue with cd-rom player)

Went back to a system restore point that was before the last time I used the CD-rom player and it worked and that (didn't work as well)

Read a lot of different posts about code 39 and nothing is given after the above steps are taken if it still won't work except to reformat which I would prefer not to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD-ROM doesn't work, code 39 error, tried many things still doesn't work

1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.or...2. Delete Upper & Lower Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116Restart computer.or...3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patchDouble click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.Accept registry merge.Restart computer.or...4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.You'll see two items:- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443264/cd-rom-doesnt-work-code-39-error-tried-many-things-still-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi guys,

I've just noticed a strange issue this morning about my computer. Well, usually I never shut down my comp. only restart it or I shut down when I have to clean the case. Then when I decided to shut it down, there were like something going off on the case but the PSU was still running. I remember at first, I didn't have this issue.

Currently running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.

Comp. specs:

EP43-UD3L
E5200 2.5ghz @ 3.3
Antec 200
OCZ Dual channel PC2 8500- 5-6-6-18
ATI Sapphire 4670 GDDR3.
WD Black Caviar 500GB.

A:Computer doesn't shut down.

Could you please restate your problem? The best I can understand, the PSU is still running, but everything else is off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/39312-computer-doesnt-shut-down.html
Relevancy 84.28%

When I try to turn off my computer, it always restarts. what should i do?

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.050928-1517)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: EMACHINES
System Model: T3522
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 3.33GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 271MB used, 2186MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

A:Computer Doesn't Shut Down

Hello,

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
3. Clear the Automatically restart check box under System failure, and then click OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78929/computer-doesnt-shut-down/
Relevancy 84.28%

hi guys,
I have a new computer. When I go to Start - Turn off the computer - Shut down or Reboot nothing happens.
Thanks for any help.

PT 4 630 3.0Ghz
Asus P5 LD2
Seagate HDD 80 GB

A:computer doesn't shut down

Hey there,

This is usually because something else is still running in the background..

Hit Ctrl. Alt. Del. then click "Task Manager" - and close down any programs running there.

Is it a notebook/or desktop?

Wouldn't happen to be a Dell, per chance?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-shut-down.417507/
Relevancy 84.28%

Recently the computer I'm using has some problems The computer won't shut down fully I got an error message that forced me to shut down and I restarted when I went into hibernation Here's my Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Doesn't Computer down shut exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe Computer Doesn't shut down C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe H ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxCfg exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxFwHlp exe C Program Files Computer Doesn't shut down CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxPol exe C Computer Doesn't shut down Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxAgent exe H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfasem exe H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus ISafe exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfsem exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus CAVRID exe H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe H Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe H Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en wikipedia org wiki Main Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - A E F- A- B -B -E C A F - no file O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - H Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO no name - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant H Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe O - HKLM Run cctray quot H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run cafwc H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall cafw exe -cl O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot H Quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run QOELOADER quot H Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background... Read more

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all!

First of all, I wanted to say thanks for help on the first problem I had. I couldn't find my original post, so I'm posting here. Now that my computer is up and running, I still have another problem with it. Every time I want to shut down, it just reboots itself. What could be the problem?

Any help is appreciated!

Sue

A:Computer doesn't shut down

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=59922

Here's the first post although it doesn't say what eventually got the computer to boot up.
What parts where replaced???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-shut-down.61624/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey all,

I have a computer that will not shut down all the way. When you shut down it looks like it is completely off however if you press a key on the keyboard it will start right up. It almost acts like it is in stand by mode. I have not tried to power it down by the power button just by going to Start, Shut Down. Has anyone ran into this before or does anyone have anything to try?

Thanks

A:Computer doesn't shut down

here are 2 websites to help you.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/shutdown_issues_in_xp.htm

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-shut-down.796819/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Dell Inspiron 518 with Intel(R) Core TM2 Quad CPU [email protected] GHz processor, 4 GB Ram, Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 64 Bit O/S.

Sometimes it shuts down but often it doesn't. It just hangs at the shutdown screen. When I restart, it starts normally.

I can't figure out why. I could use some help.

A:Computer doesn't shut down.

Go to Start - Run - MSCONFIG - OK - "Startup" tab.

Write down ONLY the names in the "Startup Item" column that have a checkmark next to them.

If the "Startup Item" column isn't wide enough to see the entire name of any of them, widen the column.

Submit those names here in a vertical list.

Make sure to spell them EXACTLY as you see them there.

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-shut-down.1089810/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have an ASUS notebook running windows 7 64-bit. I am using the QuietOffice power profile, however the screensaver won't kick in no matter what I do, and the display does not turn off even though I set it to be after 5-minutes of inactivity. I don't know if there is something running in the background... I have turned off my usb wireless mouse, and nothing....

Any ideas?

THanks.

A:HELP: power option doesn't work - screen saver doesn't start!

This is another case of factory bloatware interfering - in this case a useless factory utility overriding Win7's superior built-in version.

Googling the Quiet Office feature of Asus there are multiple reported problems. Best to default to the Win7 built-in Power Options in Control Panel. Set up a Balanced Plan unless you're a gamer then use High Performance.

Here are other tips for cleaning up factory bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144080-help-power-option-doesnt-work-screen-saver-doesnt-start.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a 4y old Sony VAIO (VGN-NS11J) that stopped working today morning after making a whirring noise

Repeated attempts to restart failed and after many attempts, I managed to get to the Startup Repair mode - after a long time, startup repair says it failed to automatically repair the problem

I managed to run system restore but after a while I got the following message: "System restore failed due to an unspecified error. The disk strucgture is corrupted and unreadable (0X80070571)

My laptop did not come with a Windows Vista CD/Recovery disk

My first priority is to recover a few files in the laptop - if I am able to do this, then I dont mind junking the laptop

Since this is an old laptop, I would prefer not to use an expensive professional to recover the data

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rgds

A:Sony VAIO running Vista doesn't start-up, system restore doesn't work

You may be able to retrieve your data by using Ubuntu. Post #3 in this topic provides instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479918/sony-vaio-running-vista-doesnt-start-up-system-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 83.85%

If I pin a program on the superbar in windows 7 it doesn't work,
I hope that you guys can help me :S

Also if i press in the start menu on the black arrow that doesn't work.

I hope you can help me

A:pinning programs on superbar doesn't work

Welcome
Sounds like corruption

Go to search, type cmd

Then right click and run as administrator

In the cmd prompt type sfc /scannow

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/91523-pinning-programs-superbar-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi, about a month ago my computer stopped shutting down properly. I click shut down from the start menu then it does what it normally does then Windows shuts down but everything inside my case (fans etc) is stilll running and i have no video input to my monitor. It wont turn off just by hitting the power button i have to flick the switch on my PSU to get everything to shut down. The only thing i can think of is that it is my PSU being a tad lame. Is there anyway i can determine the problem so i don't have to go and get a new one when it can be fixed?

any help would be great, Thanks

A:Computer Doesn't shut down properly

Found some people with the same problem and here were their fixes

1) I seem to have fixed this problem by doing the following: Right-click on My Computer, select Properties Click on Network Identification Click on Network ID Then, follow the wizard to adjust your log-on settings. Hope it works for others!

2)I had the same problem and I fixed it with flashing my BIOS. That's all. try it, hope it helps to you also...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-shut-down-properly.94845/
Relevancy 82.99%

I am working on a friend's computer. Just installed Windows 7 but when I shut it down, the OS shuts down but the ethernet connection won't let it shut down completely. It did the same thing under XP before upgrading.

This case is an older high-end Thermaltake X with vertical Thermaltake light on the front. When shutting down of OS completes, the light beings to flash rapidly. If I disconnect the ethernet DSL cable it does turn off completely. I cannot find any "wake on LAN' setting in the BIOS. (Maybe I did but it is disabled.)

Here is what we have:
Motherboard: Abit. AG8 (Intel Grantsdale-ICH6R)

BIOS: Brand: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Version 6.00 PG
Date 08/20/2004

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
Installation Date: 19 February 2010, 12:52

Has anyone run into this problem and what is the solution?

A:Computer doesn't shut down -Ethernet

Take a look in your BIOS again to see anything that has to do with Ethernet Waking up or somehting like that. Its there. I will try and give you some further directions after I look at my BIOS /MB book.

Not sure if this is your issue but that is what I think is going on especially when it was doning the same under WinXP.

Here are 2 things I found in your motherboard book pgaes 3-21 and 3-22
If you need to get a copy check the MB website.

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/64994-computer-doesnt-shut-down-ethernet.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

The system runs perfectly fine until I want to shut it down, in which case everything is super-duper, but when it gets to the final stage of shutting down, when all you see if the blue screen with "Shutting Down..." and the spinning circle, it just stays there until you manually shut it down...

Ideas?

Also, this may be related to my last problem that was recently fixed, reference: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217/bsod-just-about-any-time-win-7-64-bit-448424.html#post2524881

A:Computer doesn't want to completely shut down...

This problem has resolved itself it would appear.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-doesnt-want-to-completely-shut-down-449637.html
Relevancy 82.99%

i recently installed loading -= xp logo doesn't system at freezes fix=- work simple time, restor xp on a new partition i also have win everything was workin fine i installed my radeon driver good my dsl modem also good -= simple fix=- xp freezes at logo loading time, system restor doesn't work now since i have an old xp pro i had to do some upgrades hot fix and stuff i also did that but i wasnt too confident about the sp i heard soo many bugs that i wanted to get it only if i reallllllly had to our electricity compagny Hydro-Qu bec were doing some heavy dutty power pluging in the generators they didnt warn us about it which they usualy do so i was on my computer and the whole neighborhood blacked out when the power came back i booted xp in normal mode and while the xp logo's on and loading the little blue squares bar freezes there's nothing else processing hdd is doing nothing i tried waitin for a while but it would stay like that this happened twice after i upgraded xp with the hotfixes last time i just formated and installed again i tried restoring the system even after that nothing worked it still froze at the logo safe mode amp safe mode with network works fine i'm in it right now i even uninstalled every single freakin hotfix nothing it still freezes xp stopped working after a week or so that limits the possibilities errors is it possible that xp freezes if there isnt the recommended amount of disk space left is there a way to tweek in the safe mode to load some drivers which usualy are disable cause i would like to fully enable the networking connections i'm pretty sure its simple to fix this i'm more have a win user

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/simple-fix-xp-freezes-at-logo-loading-time-system-restor-doesnt-work-36592.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Cant get it to updateand when i use thr troubleshooternit doesnt work either Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Administrator doesn't doesn't troubleshooter and work 7 update Windows administrator on - - at Running from D Users Administrator Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check D Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit D Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D B DA D A E EB A DD D Windows system Drivers tdx sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FE A DFA C A E AE C AAB D Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed D Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit D Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit D Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit D Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed D Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system es dll gt MD is legit D Windows system cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CA BECEA DE ADDAD E A C D Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CF F FAE DE AD EB D Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit D Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit D Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Edit Topic moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum due to FRST log Animal

A:Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work

Hello,

Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561979/windows-7-doesnt-update-and-troubleshooter-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 82.99%

Have a friend with a relatively new Lenovo laptop using Windows XP SP3. Overnight he can't access the Internet via browsers, email or AIM. His desktop connected to the same router is working fine.

He can access the router by IP address using either IE7 or FireFox 3.5. Anything that needs a DNS server doesn't work. This does say though that he has a working connection to the router.

He's run MalWareBytes and his own McAffee software looking for bad stuff but has found nothing.

Running "ipconfig /all" from the command prompt gives exactly the same results for the laptop as his working desktop. The DNS servers are there. He can ping the DNS servers using their IP addresses. He is being assigned a proper local network address so DHCP is working on the router.

Any thoughts on where to look next to discover why the Internet applications don't seem to be able to find the DNS servers?

A:Can't Access Websites, Email doesn't work and no AIM doesn

FWIW, my friend took his laptop to a PC shop. Their diagnosis was malware. I don't know the identity of the malware. Anyway, the shop saved his data then formatted and reloaded XP SP3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239603/cant-access-websites-email-doesnt-work-and-no-aim-doesn/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi!
I am excepting rundll32 from error reporting, but Werfault starts nonetheless and makes dumps. It doesn't do as many dumps as it does when rundll32 is not excepted. 
I don't understand what being excepted means? Could someone explain it to me?
Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6ee9d029-dbf1-4ad3-abed-268136df9117/excepting-programs-from-error-reporting-doesnt-work-as-it-should?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.99%

I Inoperable Xp Programs Add/remove Windows Doesn't Work m running Windows XP OFFICE From Add/remove Programs Inoperable Doesn't Work Windows Xp the Control Panel I am no longer Add/remove Programs Inoperable Doesn't Work Windows Xp able to make the Add Remove Programs utility function I ve double-clicked right-clicked and used Open Nothing Nada Zip It simply blinks back at me and that s it There are some programs that I would like to kill that I suspect have disabled Add/remove Programs Inoperable Doesn't Work Windows Xp this program How do I get it back My friend and I have spent hours searching the web and tried reinstalling the engine for the add installer program with no success It seems this happened when I put in this disc I thought had NERO BURN but had an install program for an HP scanner that seemed to not work It pops up a window every time I reboot We did disabled it in the start up folder but no change on the problem Can anyone help us out We have spent hours on this and searched the web but no help found yet Thanks Brice Battle Creek MI nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-inoperable-doesnt-work-windows-xp.535368/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion dv6629us and I downloaded a BIOS update from the hp website but now when I shut down the computer it shows me the shut down screen, then it goes black but the computer stays on (all the lights stay on). Any fixes for this? I just been shutting it down by pressing the power button when the screen goes black.

A:Computer doesn't shut down after a BIOS upgrade.

Hello Joelstitch, welcome to SF!

have you checked if this is not due to a Windows Update which needs to finish? Depending on your system, that can take up to 10 minutes....
To be sure, can you check for the status in your Maintenance center?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176492-computer-doesnt-shut-down-after-bios-upgrade.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi
Just went through elimating a bunch of spyware as well as CleverIEhooker. Now I don't have a toolbar, (can't see it) but I can rt click and get task mgr to reboot or shut down. However, when I shut down or reboot it takes forever (if it does it at all). When the computer boots up, there is a 'tile' remaining in the middle of the desktop. refresh does not take care of it.
Thanks for your help!
xp home

Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I noticed last night that I was unable to download the latest Firefox using IE as well as iTunes When I attempted to download the browser would stall or indicate that there was an error and cancel the download As I was surfing around this moring I noticed that I was unable to log into my hotmail account through IE though my MSN browser was working alright Also in IE Java Script calls were not functioning Please help Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system PRISMSVR Script doesn't work programs, in browser download Can't Java EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C PROGRA verizon SMARTB MotiveSB exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Can't download programs, Java Script doesn't work in browser Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG Can't download programs, Java Script doesn't work in browser avgamsvr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KEM exe C Program Files Dell Wireless PRISMCFG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E BD F- B D- E-D FC-E AF D FA D - no file O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dll file missing O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar no name - E BD F- B D- E-D FC-E AF D FA D - no file O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run CTSysVol quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe quot r O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-download-programs-java-script-doesnt-work-in-browser.604868/
Relevancy 81.27%

Computer doesn't stop loading and some pop-ups have appeared Here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeC Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSLoader exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer Doesn't Computer Stop Loading? EXEC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Computer Doesn't Stop Loading? Live winssnotify exeC Windows System rundll exeC Acer Empowering Technology eAudio eAudio exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Acer Empowering Technology ENET ENMTRAY EXEC Acer Empowering Technology EPOWER EPOWER DMC EXEC Acer Empowering Technology ACER EMPOWERING FRAMEWORK SUPERVISOR EXEC Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery ERAGENT EXEC Users Johnny AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ca rd yahoo com customize ycomp def ca yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en ca acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en ca acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http ca rd yahoo com customize ycomp def ca yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Windows system ActiveToolBand dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Windows system eDStoolbar dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeO - HKLM Run eDataSecurity Loader C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exeO - HKLM Run LManager C PROGRA LAUNCH QtZgAcer EXEO - HKLM Run PLFSet rundll exe C Windows PLFSet dll PLFDefSettingO - HKLM Run OneCareUI quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe quot O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStartO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run eAudio quot C Acer Empowering Technology eAudio eAudio exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM... Read more

A:Computer Doesn't Stop Loading?

HelloApologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)NextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163632/computer-doesnt-stop-loading/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a computer that was full of adware malware spyware ferret toolbar liquid player limewire morpheus mysearchbar websearch for starters shut HJT doesn't wont sites down-ie Log-computer find I ran CWshredder HJT Log-computer doesn't shut down-ie wont find sites ad-awareSE HJT Log-computer doesn't shut down-ie wont find sites with the vx cleaner addon and spybot search and destroy I have also ran avg as well HJT Log-computer doesn't shut down-ie wont find sites as housecall to remove any viruses The computer will not shut down in safe mode or in regular mode It will not restart either I have to press and hold the button for it to shut down The computer is slow loading programs as well It has mb ram so I have ordered additional mb to help that but in the mean time I need to see if there is anything in the hjt log that can be fixed to help it shut down and run smoother I also d l Xp sp and now cannot get any sites to load Any suggestions you have will be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Downloads htj HijackThis exe C Downloads htj hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mabank com R - URLSearchHook no name - E F - FFB- -A -EA BC - no file O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar no name - BDF CE D-F C - - - C EAC CA - no file O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for aif C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mid C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab O - DPF BFFEE- D- D -ADAF- E D lgbplay Class - http qcsal qcsa liveglobalbid com LiveSound dll O - DPF B D CC-C B - A -A D-CC A F C MiniBugTransporterX Class - http wdownload weatherbug com mini ansporter cab O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http us dl yimg com download yaho st cab O - DPF E B -D - E - A- AB CWDL DownLoadControl Class - http www callwave com include cab CWDL DownLoad CAB O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A... Read more

A:HJT Log-computer doesn't shut down-ie wont find sites

Only a couple of benign items there......

Let's use a program to scan for any trojans that may exist. Download TDS-3. Learn how to use it here. Make sure to update it after you installed it. You can get the manual updates here. When you launch the program, it will scan your memory for running processes. This will take less than 30 seconds. Next go to System Testing on the menu and choose Full System Scan. After that's finished, post the log file by selecting everything on the top pane (select from bottom to top). If any alarms are found, it will be listed in the bottom window. Please copy and paste that here also if it applies.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/hjt-log-computer-doesnt-shut-down-ie-wont-find-sites-34722.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi safemode reboot, XP work doesn't doesn't xp stopped responding and I decided to power off Was never able to restart after that Normal boot shows the windows initial screen but eventually just restarts safe mode does the same thing whether it s with network XP doesn't reboot, safemode doesn't work command line or plain safe mode Last known good configuration does the same Needed to use a file so decided to remove the HD and re-install to another PC I did have access to the file in question but now I d like to fix the problem The other system uses AVG I started a scan and it detected Cekar d A exe wdfmgr exe and initially ntldr exe Dropper Inor ntdetect hta A hta PSW Generic ABVW ctfmona exe PSW OnlineGames AAFI ctfmonb exe PSW Generic AFYK ctfmond exe PSW OnlineGames ZWT LotusHlp exe and some others but for whatever reason the scan stopped I restarted it and now the AV still finds most of the threats it was seeing before but not Cekar d in the ntldr exe file The system that had the problem was running Win XP Home SP Unfortunately I can t find the manufacturer s recovery CD HD is still in the other PC How should I attack the problem nbsp

A:XP doesn't reboot, safemode doesn't work

Update... Three passes of AVG and all threats were put in vault. Tried to re-install the HD to the initial system but no change... System says it didn't start correctly, that a new software of hardware could be responsible, the suggests to try las known good config, none of the options work, they all perform some tasks then windows reboots and ends up in the same screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doesnt-reboot-safemode-doesnt-work.671970/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey TSF,

I was performing a system restore earlier when, while the process was occurring, I accidentally knocked the power out to my computer. Now when I turn on my computer it goes to the boot screen where I can choose a normal start up or a safe mode start up. Neither work as when I start it up, it just seems to get stuck at the green loading bar screen.

I also have the option to boot from my recovery disc. But after the "Loading Windows files" screen it goes to a black screen and nothing happens. I'm freaking out because I do a lot of work at my computer and can't get it to work (on my brother's computer at the moment). I also don't want to lose any important files on the computer. What can I do?

I have Vista Home Premium on SP2

Regards

A:Accidentally shut down computer during System Restore.. computer doesn't start up

Do you get any options with the Recovery Disc? If you do look for an option called Startup Repair and try that. It should replace the mbr and other essential boot files for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accidentally-shut-down-computer-during-system-restore-computer-doesnt-start-up-383767.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a year old Dell desktop Dimension E with Windows XP Recently it has been freezing several times a day sometimes while on the internet with both Firefox and Internet Explorer sometimes when just working on a Word doc sometimes with nothing open and the screen saver is on When I hit Ctrl Alt Del the task manager doesn t even come up and I have to press the power button on the tower to get it to shut off Ran several virus scans AVG avast and they say no virus but a friend who is good with computers said it sounds like a virus Cannot do a system restore it goes through the process and then says quot unable to restore to specified date quot I have anything, computer down freezing, Ctrl+Alt+Del do shut manually Constantly to doesn't have tried at least dates and none work A few times after it freezes there is a loud beep coming from the tower I read in a previous forum that could be a fan problem but I am also Constantly freezing, Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't do anything, have to manually shut down computer having other issues besides the beeping Any ideas what I should do Thanks MP

A:Constantly freezing, Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't do anything, have to manually shut down computer

I would first take steps to satisfy myself that the system is not overheating.Freezing is one of the symptoms of overheating, among other things.I would check to ensure that the fans installed are all working properly (visual observation) and then I would enter the BIOS and check the registered CPU temperature after one of these freezes.Cleaning the Interior of your PC - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292718/constantly-freezing-ctrlaltdel-doesnt-do-anything-have-to-manually-shut-down-computer/
Relevancy 80.41%

My computer keeps loading up autoplay saying that E:\ is connected even though I have nothing plugged in. When I click on "Open Folder to view files" it pops up with an error message saying "E:\ refers to a location that is unavailable...". It does this even when I turn off the wifi, so I don't see how it could even be a network device. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Computer keeps loading up a device that doesn't exist

It also keeps popping up with "Cannot Load SyncDII (998)" in BackupManagerTray now

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380065-computer-keeps-loading-up-device-doesnt-exist.html
Relevancy 80.41%

and the DVD burner wont burn via windows XP I have to use quot drag and drop CD-DVD quot from sony to burn a cd This all happened on the same day Something is attacking drivers and softwars programs Here is the log from the Panda Scan lt quote gt Incident Status Location Potentially unwanted tool Application PRScheduler Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Start Menu Programs Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe Adware adware azesearch Not disinfected c windows system ztoolbar bmp Adware adware dollarrevenue Not disinfected c windows keyboard not work, com graphics Programs card wont doesn't load, working... port dat Adware adware cydoor Not disinfected c windows cdmxtras Potentially unwanted tool application need find Not disinfected hkey local machine software microsoft windows currentversion uninstall Need FindBar Uninstall Potentially unwanted tool application altnet Not disinfected hkey local machine software Altnet Adware adware getup Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware powerscan Not disinfected Windows Registry Virus bck bagz ab Disinfected Operating system Adware adware instafinder Not Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... disinfected Windows Registry Hacktool exploit mhtredir gen Not disinfected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Code Store Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... Database Distribution Units - - - - Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout o Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout atwola txt Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout doubleclick txt Spyware Cookie Statcounter Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout statcounter txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Guest CREATIVE Cookies guest atwola txt Spyware Cookie WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt statse webtrendslive com Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt com com Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt atwola com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt atdmt com Spyware Cookie Mediaplex Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt mediaplex com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie PointRoll Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt ads pointroll com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt tribalfusion com Spyware Cookie Zedo Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt zedo com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Docu... Read more

A:Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working...

Update. AVG free is finding nothing. Ad-Aware SE would hang up on me but I think the panda scan took care of that because I ran ad-aware again and it ran through to completion... however it didn't fix any problems.
My Pole Display for our store is not working from the COM port.
My Graphics card isn't giving me the technicolor display anymore because I disabled it, but of course now I can't play games without the hardware acceleration. When I enable it and start the system over it does it all over again.
Generally comp runs slow... When I go to shut down I have to close lots of dll file programs. On start up I get pop ups.

Please help...

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-wont-load-graphics-card-doesnt-work-com-port-not-working-186749.html
Relevancy 78.26%

hello all,

I have 2 computers behind a linksys router pc1 works fine i can get into it from work no problem. I just reintalled xp on pc2. i set up vnc on it. i can access it from pc1 at home. i setup up the router to forward port 5902 to pc 2, i also tried setting dmz on the router to pc2 . i set up vnc server to accept connections on 5902. but i can not connect to it from work. I went to canyouseeme.org and got this when i checked the port.
Success: I can see your service on 71.58.xxx.xxx on port (5902)
Your ISP is not blocking port 5902

i went to go to myvnc.com and did a check and the site siad service was running. i just can't think of what i missed to get it to work. ant help would be great. i am using vnc 4.1

thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84989/vnc-on-second-computer-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 78.26%

So I got a new computer but when I plug my microphone in, it doesn't pick up any sound. The headphones work perfectly but the microphone doesn't. In the control panel (recording options) it has these options:

Front Mic
VIA High Definition Audio
Not plugged in

Microphone
Currently unavailable

Line In
Default Device

Stereo Mix
Currently Unavailable

My pc specs:
Thanks.

A:New computer - Mic doesn't work

If this is a factory made computer I would go to the manufacturer's website and make sure there aren't driver updates for any of the audio components. Or perhaps even reinstalling the original ones may help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/147705-new-computer-mic-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Here are the basics of what is just My doesn't Computer work going on First it started when i was redirected to virus My Computer just doesn't work sites when i would type something and search in google in addition My Computer just doesn't work i would have random audio ads that would My Computer just doesn't work start up but there was no way to close them at this point that hasn't happened in a few days then my computer restarted and when it came back up my background would come up but none of my desktop icons start menu nothing else would come up i'm still actually having to just press ctrl alt delete and run everything through taskmanager also when i try to run malwarebytes or just about any other program it may run for a few seconds or minutes but it always shuts down whatever program i'm trying to run and then it locks me out of it by saying quot windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions to access the item quot whenever i try to run the program again after it has been shutdown and yes i've already tried renaming the programs to get them to run but it still shuts those down as well here's an otl logOTL logfile created on PM - Run OTL by OldTimer - Version Folder D Documents and Settings Ian DesktopWindows XP Professional Edition Service Pack Version - Type NTWorkstationInternet Explorer Version Locale Country United States Language ENU Date Format M d yyyy Mb Total Physical Memory Mb Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File freePaging file location s C pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C WINNT ProgramFiles C Program FilesDrive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSDrive D Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSDrive E Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSF Drive not present or media not loadedDrive G Mb Total Space Mb Free Space Space Free Partition Type CDFSH Drive not present or media not loadedI Drive not present or media not loadedDrive R Mb Total Space Mb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSComputer Name HOMECurrent User Name IanNOT logged in as Administrator Current Boot Mode NormalScan Mode All usersCompany Name Whitelist OffSkip Microsoft Files OffFile Age DaysOutput Standard Processes SafeList PRC - ---- M HP -- C WINNT System HPZipm exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C WINNT System wscntfy exePRC - ---- M PC Tools -- C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exePRC - ---- M Google Inc -- C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exePRC - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- D Documents and Settings Ian Desktop OTL exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C WINNT System taskmgr exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C WINNT notepad exe Win Services SafeList Driver Services SafeList Standard Registry SafeList Internet Explorer IE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId IE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ieIE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Secondary Page URL binary data IE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Extensions Off Page about NoAdd-onsIE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINNT system blank htmIE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comIE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Security Risk Page about SecurityRiskIE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google comIE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchcust htmIE - HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google comIE - HKU DEFAULT DEFAULT Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings quot ProxyEnable quot IE - HKU S- - - S- - - Software Microsoft Windows... Read more

A:My Computer just doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260363/my-computer-just-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I recently installed or attempted to an Epson photo printer on my Compaq with XP SP When it was almost done installing the computer crashed When I turned the computer back on it doesn't computer work... My all?! at loaded up to the Windows splash screen but then it froze The progress bar was in this position I tried everything that I knew how to to get it booted I My computer doesn't work... at all?! tried in safe mode the last known configurations normally debugger and the list goes on Finally I tried Compaq's PC Restoration thing or whatever it's called and it didn't work That was when I got out the XP Reinstall disk put it in the drive and booted from the CD It looked My computer doesn't work... at all?! like it was making progress It showed all of the files and drivers and stuff that it was unpacking but when it got to the quot starting windows quot part it froze I tried like ten times I let it stay frozen for a long rim hoping it would unfreeze but no it didn't Does anyone know what My computer doesn't work... at all?! I can do to fix this computer I don't care if I lose all my data I just backed up last week Any help would be highly appreciated Thanks

A:My computer doesn't work... at all?!

Probably a checkdisk repair and fixing the master boot record can help. Boot the computer up to a windows xp CD and on the main menu, select R for repair.

Then you will go to the recovery console and when the computer ask you to choose the number for your operating system, press "1" or the number listed that you see there.

Then the computer will ask you for an admin password but simply just press "enter" if you don't have one and the computer will skip the process. Then once you get to c:\windows> type in "chkdsk /r".

Checkdisk repair should take about 1hr to 2hrs and after this is finish simply type in "fixmbr" and this should only take about a sec to complete. This last command will fix the master boot record then afterwards, reboot the computer and try to boot into windows normally.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-doesnt-work-at-all-251517.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I recently installed or attempted to an Epson photo printer on my Compaq with XP SP When it was almost done installing the computer crashed When I turned the computer back on it loaded up to the Windows splash screen but then it froze The progress bar was in this position I tried everything that I knew how to to get it booted I tried in safe mode the last known configurations normally debugger and the list goes on Finally I tried Compaq s PC Restoration thing or whatever it s called and it didn t work That was when I got out the XP Reinstall disk put it in the drive and booted from the CD It looked like it was making progress It showed work... doesn't computer all?! My at all of the files and drivers and stuff that My computer doesn't work... at all?! it was unpacking but when it got to the quot starting windows quot part it froze I tried like ten times I let it stay frozen for a long rim hoping it would unfreeze but no it didn t Does anyone know what I can do to fix this computer I don t care if I lose all my data I just backed up last week Any help would be highly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:My computer doesn't work... at all?!

Would DBaN work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-doesnt-work-at-all.714013/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have decided to build my first PC and when I put it together according to the manuals it turned on but there was nothing happening at the Monitor (Light was still orange).

I bought an Abit NF7S-2G Motherboard, An AMD 2800 CPU (Barton Core) ,an ASUS A9550GE 256Mb video Card and I have a 120 Gb Western Digital hard drive.
Could some one tell me if these parts are compatable

A:New Computer doesn't want to work

is the system powering up? ie; fans spinning etc? make sure that the ram and the video card are fully seated. also check the bios and make sure that the video is set to AGP not PCI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-doesnt-want-to-work.42912/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I m very confused over what has happened to my computer I have no idea if it is spyware or virus I m often using spybot and ad-aware to clense my computer but lately a blue-screen is suddenly appering now and then and there s always My it as computer work doesn't should... poping up ad s Sometimes when it has been on for a while I just can t shut it off in a proper way there just nothing happening except when I m holding in the button for ten seconds Now I can t even start the computer except in quot safe mode quot when I try My computer doesn't work as it should... it just stops and there s nothing happening I have Windows XP and have not installed any programs in six months or so please help me Joacim Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS System cmd exe C WINDOWS System yuqwrg exe C Program Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS System cmd exe O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts search netscape com O - Hosts ieautosearch O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ScanDisk C WINDOWS SCANDISK exe O - HKLM Run Windows SA C Program Files WindowsSA omniscient exe O - HKLM Run IE Menu Extension toolbar rundll exe quot C Program IEMENU tbextn dll quot DllShowTB O - HKLM Run Winsock driver TESTING EXE O - HKLM Run ap h qmo C WINDOWS System ap h qmo exe O - HKLM Run Media Pass C Program Files Media Pass MediaPass exe O - HKLM Run Desktop Search C WINDOWS isrvs desktop exe O - HKLM Run SAHBundle C DOCUME HAMMAR LOKALA Temp SAHAGE EXE run O - HKLM Run Dvx C WINDOWS System wsxsvc wsxsvc exe O - HKLM Run kmkziy c windows system kmkziy exe O - HKLM Run usrk pO pin lc s f exe O - HKLM Run udcedite C WINDOWS System udcedite exe O - HKLM RunServices SystemSAS system exe O - HKLM RunServices CMD cmd exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system dolsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system dolsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system dolsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system aklsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system dolsp dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Winlogon Notify StillImage - C WINDOWS system ktn l o dll nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I have a computer thats been working for a while now Yesterday it started acting weird Whenever I started a high-graphic game or ran a couple videos at once the monitor would go into auto power save mode and my computer would freeze This happened to me a year back also but it only happened when my old video card heated up to over c Now I have a new video card Today I get the quot entering power save Computer please! work, help doesn't mode quot error right when Computer doesn't work, help please! I press the power button I tried replacing the RAM cleaned the dust re-plugged the cords and it still won t work Sometimes when I turn on the computer I get four beeps but sometimes I don t get anything at all There is a bright red LED light on the top right corner of my motherboard next to the RAM slots but I have no idea what thats suppose to mean My computer used to work perfectly fine until yesterday I would appreciate any help if possible Thankyou I am sorry if this topic doesn t belong in this forum nbsp

A:Computer doesn't work, help please!

First of all, no one has any idea what type of hardware we are attempting to fix. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb, exact ram, exact cpu, exact video card, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, then post the exact make and model# If you have a service tag, post that as well.

Next have you opened the case and checked that all fans are in fact working? If not, do so. When you are inside the case, give the system a good cleaning with a can of air [system OFF and unplugged] If it is particularly dirty, take the system outside to blow out the dust. Do not use a vacuum to suck in the dust; use a can of air to blow out dust.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-work-help-please.1149670/
Relevancy 78.26%

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop and it won't seem to load windows. (It's Vista)

When i turn on the computer, the Dell logo appears on the screen and then Microsoft with a little loading bar, but then after a few seconds of loading the monitor turns to standby and nothing happens!
I've checked the connections and everything seems to be correct.

Any help would be appreciated Thanks!

A:My new computer doesn't work

Since its new, and its by Dell, I suggest that you tell them whats wrong with it.
They probably mested up with a few connections inside the computer.
Im glad they will help you with a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-new-computer-doesnt-work.650920/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I have problem with Internet Explorer and couple other programs that need internet I don t know why Internet Explorer don t work I m using right now Mozzila Firefox Can somebody help me I have Windows XP Professional SP operating system Internet Explorer Screenshot Diagnostic log Xpnetdiag xml Explorer won't Internet need internet other work, programs too. that couple work doesn't Code lt xml version quot quot gt lt xml-stylesheet Internet Explorer doesn't work, couple other programs that need internet won't work too. type 'text xsl' href quot xpnetdiag xsl quot gt lt xpnetdiag gt lt title gt Network Diagnostics for Windows XP lt title gt lt lastRunText gt Last diagnostic run time lt lastRunText gt lt rejectText Internet Explorer doesn't work, couple other programs that need internet won't work too. gt REJECT lt rejectText gt lt indeterminateText gt INDETERMINATE lt indeterminateText gt lt confirmText gt CONFIRM lt confirmText gt lt timeStamp gt lt timeStamp gt lt component name quot HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic quot startDiagnosisTime quot quot gt lt rootCause name quot HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity quot status quot confirm quot gt lt trace traceType quot info quot text quot HTTP Successfully connected to www microsoft com quot gt lt trace gt lt trace traceType quot warn quot text quot HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com An error occurred in the secure channel support quot gt lt trace gt lt trace traceType quot warn quot text quot HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net A connection with the server could not be established quot gt lt trace gt lt trace traceType quot warn quot text quot FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The operation timed out quot gt lt trace gt lt trace traceType quot error quot text quot Could not make an HTTPS connection quot gt lt trace gt lt trace traceType quot error quot text quot Could not make an FTP connection quot gt lt trace gt lt rootCause gt lt component gt lt component name quot Network Adapter Diagnostic quot startDiagnosisTime quot quot gt lt rootCause name quot Network location detection quot status quot reject quot gt lt trace traceType quot info quot text quot Using home Internet connection quot gt lt trace gt lt rootCause gt lt rootCause name quot Network adapter identification quot status quot confirm quot gt lt trace traceType quot info quot text quot Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device IBM High Rate Wireless LAN MiniPCI Combo Card MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS quot gt lt trace gt lt trace traceType quot info quot text quot Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Intel R PRO VE Network Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN quot gt lt trace gt lt trace traceType quot info quot text quot Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device TAP-Win Adapter V MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN quot gt lt trace gt lt trace traceType quot warn quot text quot This machine has more than one Ethernet or more than one Wireless adapter quot gt lt trace gt lt trace traceType quot info quot text quot Redirecting user to support call quot gt lt trace gt lt rootCause gt lt component gt lt xpnetdiag gt nbsp

A:Internet Explorer doesn't work, couple other programs that need internet won't work too.

OK so using IE you are not able to browse to any pages at all? What about the gateways at msn.com, yahoo.com ect? Can you get to secure pages like Https://live.login.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-doesnt-work-couple-other-programs-that-need-internet-wont-work-too.1153875/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a computer with Windows XP that I bought in 2001. It has intel D845WN Motherboard, and 1.12 gb of RAM, and I think the video card is radeon 7000. I want to watch the one of the videos on this page: http://www.24-7agtv.com/Joomla/index.php?o...=1&Itemid=1 The image is very distorted (short and fat). What is my problem?

A:Why doesn't this video work on my computer?

It works OK for me. Are you allowing the Windows Media Player addon?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257458/why-doesnt-this-video-work-on-my-computer/
Relevancy 77.4%

Earlier this week my power went out and when it came back on my computer wouldn't start. I talked to people online and they said the PSU was broken so I bought a new one and installed it. I got all the plugs plugged in and everything and my computer powers up but it's stuck on the compaq screen. It says Compaq and F1=Setup, F10=System Recovery. However when press F1 or F10 nothing happens. I thought maybe it was my wireless mouse but I plugged in a wired keyboard and still nothing happened. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? Do you think when the power when out it screwed up my motherboard or hard drive? Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 77.4%

This is a double trouble problem , someone asked me to help out, the audio isn't working since a few weeks, so I tried to resolve the problem with Teamviewer, but there are no dodgy devices in device manager, so maybe the sound device is disabled in the bios.But for some reason she can't enter the bios with F10, how hard she even tries, hence I'm posting this over here.Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.Spoiler (Highlight to read)  

A:F10 doesn't seem to work on this computer s5615

Use Windows system restore to rollback the system to a restore point dated before the problem began.  The issue could very well have been caused by an update.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/F10-doesn-t-seem-to-work-on-this-computer-s5615/td-p/5509555
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I have the following problem I connect some XP Pro bit Clients using a bat file to our NAS Still using workgroups no server The command in the bat file is like this net use NAS user Admin Password net use user Admin Password or net use NAS user coputername Admin Password net use user coputername Admin Password This is working with all my XP clients pretty fine No I want to do the same with a Win Pro bit Client The exact same command Net 7 computer doesn't Windows use work on occurs this error message System error has occurred Logon failure unknown user name or bad password Username and password are correct working on all XP clients Very strage is that when I am using a non existing user name and any password i says The command completed successfully Well that doesn't help at all because I cannot access to the NAS and of course I want to use my existing username Anyone has a idea about this Thanks in advanced

A:Net use doesn't work on Windows 7 computer

Not knowing what your NAS device is, could it be that it's Samba v2 based which doesn't support NTLMv2 authentication?
If so you have two options, upgrade Samba on the NAS device to version 3, or revert Windows 7 to use NTLMv1 instead.

To change Windows to use NTLMv1 perform the following:
Start > Run > secpol.msc
Local Policies > Security Options > Network Security LAN Manager authenticatioin level
Select Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated

Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/58238-net-use-doesnt-work-windows-7-computer.html
Relevancy 77.4%

My cousin recently downgraded my ACER ASPIRE 5100 laptop from Vista to XP, but he formated the recovery partition and installed XP on there, now known as the F:/ drive.
So when i started up my computer, i noticed that nothing worked, my sound, wireless, only my video. I got my wireless internet drivers installed and as soon as that started working I downloaded the rest of the device drivers, but none of them seem to work. Most of them I could live without but sound is a must.
I have tried insatlling 3 different sound drivers but none of them work

A:Sound doesn't work on my computer.

Are these the ones you tried to load?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-doesnt-work-on-my-computer-278899.html
Relevancy 77.4%

For the last x weeks the clock on my Sony Vaio notebook only works intermittantly. I have to manually update it every hour to keep logged on to the internet. Possibly coincidentally - I can't remember if they coincided exactly - I had my notebook ram increased / upgraded about 6 weeks ago from 1 to 2MB.
Any help very gratefully received
Thanks

A:Computer clock doesn't work

welcome to TSG, francesmary

this is the introductions forum....a place to introduce yourself, not your problem.

many forums have "stickies" posted at the top of them...it's a good idea to read them: they have a lot of valuable information

it's also a good idea to indicate your operating system, so the help you get can be more specific....

i'll move this to a forum where you should get some help...if you'd like, come back to the introductions forum, start a thread and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-clock-doesnt-work.726525/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey guys,

I just got my new custom computer not too long ago. My headset with mic worked on my old slow computer when I just plugged them in. However, with my new computer, the mic doesnt work. I've spent a couple hours trying to find an answer myself but no luck. I've tried the obvious, making sure they aren't on mute, etc, etc. They don't work for sound recorder or counter-strike or anything else. I know the headset as a whole works. Any suggestions would be great cause this is making me sick! puke:

Thanks,
Dave

Comp specs in profile

A:Microphone doesn't work on new computer

do you have to download any drivers for your headset?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-doesnt-work-on-new-computer.33822/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey guys Just bought a brand new GB stick DDR RAM stick for my computer And it seemingly doesn t work isn t compatible with my computer Just causes me to go in circle at boot up or I end up at a blue screen with an error code Computer specs Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Installed Memory RAM GB DDR Kingston v x sticks System type -bit operating system Windows Premium Motherboard Asus P P D Graphics card NVIDIA to seem with doesn't computer work stick New RAM GeForce GTX approx total New RAM stick doesn't seem to work with computer memory MB New RAM stick specs Corsair DDR GB Vengeance x stick DIMM - MHz Or this link to it http New RAM stick doesn't seem to work with computer www currys co uk gbuk comput New RAM stick doesn't seem to work with computer pid display RR Computing Accessories I currently have sticks in the RAM slots originally came with the computer I have tried these methods to get it to work -New stick original RAM sticks -New stick original RAM sticks -New stick - on its own What happens is my computer boots up goes past the BIOS motherboard boot screen then gives me these two options quot Start windows normally quot quot load windows repair mode quot or something quot start windows normally quot just sends me back to the boot-up in circles and the other option gives me a blue screen with this error code quot Tech information Stop x CA x xFFFFFA A x x On the blue screen it states that startup was prevented to stop any damage to windows because something isn t working properly I have no idea what to do I am worried this stick isn t compatible with my computer or that I am doing something wrong Thanks for any help P S My computer works fine once I place all the old cards back so it isn t a problem that I ve caused nbsp

A:New RAM stick doesn't seem to work with computer

Did the seller certify that it was the correct RAM for your machine? Did you check what RAM is compatible with your board and what manufacturers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ram-stick-doesnt-seem-to-work-with-computer.1096325/
Relevancy 77.4%

I took my computer in to be fixed Turns out it was a power supply failure or something I took doesn't on computer work? Sound my computer home and it booted up just fine Now when I went to turn on music or whatever the sound didn t come on I made Sound on computer doesn't work? sure that it wasn t muted that all the volume was max etc etc But then I noticed that the sound device was quot Digital Output Device HDMI quot My computer previously ran off of something along the lines of quot Realtek Audio quot or something like that But it s not there I went to the control panel -- gt to the sounds and I right clicked the HDMI device and clicked to show disabled devices etc etc but it wasn t there I m running Vista -bit if that helps Any help is appreciated It s a HP Pavillion a n I wanna see if I can solve the problem here before I have to take it back nbsp

A:Sound on computer doesn't work?

Look for yellow entries in Device Manager under "Sound, Video, etc.
You may need to to reinstall the driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-on-computer-doesnt-work.903276/
Relevancy 77.4%

To any friend

I have installed CA computer associates security center paying normally the license thru credit card.
After a few month it stopped updating virus and malware libraries, saying that there is a connection error (but there isn't any error) and this is a very very grave feature for an antivirus programm; my opinion is so that there is easily an internet fraud to extort money thru internet from honest persons and I advise any interested friend honest person not to buy this program in order not to have the same problem like me; please be aware !!
Charlie511

Relevancy 77.4%

I have widows XP and I decided to update IE to IE cause I kept getting all these reminders to do so Well big mistake after installing it and restarting my computer When I log on I only get my backround display I and computer need installed my work help now I IE8 doesn't no Icon no start menu can t access anything that is windows I had read I need help I installed IE8 and now my computer doesn't work other post on here were people were having the same problem with IE after installing SO I did have some of the issues they had with iertutil dll and normaliz dll not found errors I was able to get them and fix that problem But I need help I installed IE8 and now my computer doesn't work now I have this error message explorer exe The ordinal could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil dll Now I know that dll is good I got it from a working computer Please is there anybody out there that can help me out Oh yeah to let you know I did try to do sytem restore and that doesn t work and I have tried everythng that Rollin Rog had reccomended for IE I can t run any registry fix programs cause they will not open the only way I was able to get here to do this was through task manager and firefox thank you nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi, I tried to update one of my computers to Service Pack 2 and it said it failed, so it tried to revert the changes back, but it took too long and I canceled the reverse the changes. And when I restarted the computer, it just doesn't load, you see the Windows XP bootup screen, but after 5 minutes of the boot screen the computer just restarts and continually does it. I would like to know how I can fix it. Thanks.

A:Tried to SP2 Update but computer doesn't work

Hi, I tried to update one of my computers to Service Pack 2 and it said it failed, so it tried to revert the changes back, but it took too long and I canceled the reverse the changes. And when I restarted the computer, it just doesn't load, you see the Windows XP bootup screen, but after 5 minutes of the boot screen the computer just restarts and continually does it. I would like to know how I can fix it. Thanks. It looks like you may have to reinstall the whole OS if the repair feature on the XP Install disk don't work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28525/tried-to-sp2-update-but-computer-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 77.4%

Just as a the title says, I installed Windows Service Pack 3 and when I try to log in to my computer, it just keeps booting and rebooting to this screen :

I've tried going into safe mode, but then it just stops here:

How do I fix this and how do I get to my desktop again? I've tried following Windows XP Service Pack 3 won but it didn't work. I also don't have my original installation cd. Help me please!

If you need to know, its a 2005-2006 HP PC running Windows XP Media Home Edition and an AMD processor.

A:Just installed SP3. Now my computer doesn't work!

Do you have a recovery disk or a Windows XP disk that you can boot from. If so you can restore the system to before you installed SP3. If not, try pressing, I believe, F11 to get to the HP recovery manager and select to restore from there.

Once the system is up and running, you can install this fix and then install SP3.

Microsoft Windows XP SP3 Upgrade Utility for systems with AMD processors. | HP? Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/just-installed-sp3-now-my-computer-doesnt-work-675077.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I don't know what happened but just all of a sudden the sound on my computer does not work anymore.
Everything is turned up all the way and still nothing..I am connected and all.
Can someone pls. help me out.?

-Thanks!! =)

A:I need help, the sound on my computer doesn't work!

Hi please go to control panel then device manager and look for any error flags ie yellow ! or red Xs post back with what you find

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-need-help-the-sound-on-my-computer-doesnt-work-497319.html
Relevancy 77.4%

My Father's PC Seems to have a problem with its Power It will Slightly turn on then off. The PC Monitor also does not Get a signal From The Desktop.

A:Computer power doesn't work

not sure how it turns slightly on. but your power supply may be bad. thats the cheapest fix. the motherboard will be the worst case scenerio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-power-doesnt-work.158860/
Relevancy 77.4%

I don't want to use more microsofts.So i choose the free one.
However it doesn't work on my winxp:when i want to open a .doc or .xls ... after installation,it says sorry,cannot open the file,and ..collecting the mistakes...will recover the data ...
What can i do??

A:Openoffice doesn't work on my computer

Hiya

Which version did you download:

http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/download.html

Also, is the file that you're attempting to open an actual doc, and not a corupt file?

For instance, can you open this:

http://www.writesafe.com/storage4/EKTHE_SIMPSONS.doc

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/openoffice-doesnt-work-on-my-computer.160303/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card in my computer which has konked out twice now. The first time my brother came over and fixed it (he's a wiz). And now the second time is this one. I have tried almost everything I could think of: unplugging and replugging in the card itself, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, checking the mute and volume settings. It might be the speakers, but the last time I had sound they worked fine but over time they began to crackle. Any ideas? I have no idea what might be wrong.

A:My computer's sound doesn't work.

Erlehacker said:

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card in my computer which has konked out twice now. The first time my brother came over and fixed it (he's a wiz). And now the second time is this one. I have tried almost everything I could think of: unplugging and replugging in the card itself, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, checking the mute and volume settings. It might be the speakers, but the last time I had sound they worked fine but over time they began to crackle. Any ideas? I have no idea what might be wrong.Click to expand...

When an item doesnt work do the following.

Remove the item in device manager, power down the system, remove the card, power on the system, let is stabilise, power off the system, reinsert the card (in a different PCI slot if you can) power on the system, let windows reinstall the card.

Let us know how you go on, but if this happens again I would suggest placing the card in a waste receptacle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computers-sound-doesnt-work.48737/
Relevancy 77.4%

quot Everything that can go wrong will go wrong And everything that cant go wrong will go wrong Especially on your pc quot Indeed After several internettroubles on my computer Dell Inspiron Windows Professional I now find that it doesn t even work anymore and I haven t got a clue of what s going on EDIT My doesn`t Work...ARGH Computer It was fine yesterday Today it can start up as normal I log in it installs all the Virus-shields and what it needs But from there nothing works There s the toolbar but it only shows that and the wallpaper None of the folders that are on the deskboard It think it My Computer doesn`t Work...ARGH s called that in English Softwares like Windows Media Player and Word DO Owork - but I have no access to the internet My Computer doesn`t Work...ARGH nor any of my files ARGH what is this Is it a virus Can I do anything about it I ve restarted several times but it just does the same thing and I m absolutely clueless about what to do nbsp

A:My Computer doesn`t Work...ARGH

Were there any changes made to your computer at all (hardware, software or upgrades) before these problems occured?

In any case, to assist in your problem, we need you to download HijackThis (http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip). Extract it to a folder like C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Run it, and select 'Scan'. Do not fix anything yet, just select 'Save log', and copy the contents of the log to your next post.

An expert will be along shortly to review your log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-doesn-t-work-argh.519312/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have been using electronic KVM switch for my two computers from one year. Today I was not able to connect one computer through switch. Error is no input signal. When I connect my monitor direct to that computer, it works fine. And even both computer lines connected to switch works fine with other computer. I can not figure out what could be the reason as switch works fine with its both connections with other computers. But, first computer show an error "no input signal detected" with both input connection of switch. The only changes I may have done in this computer is may be the resolutions. Does swith has any criteria which not works with certain resolutions or graphic settings ?

A:KVM switch doesn't work for one computer only

Yes the KVM switch will have a maximum resolution it can't go above. See if it works again at a lower resolution.

EDIT : and welcome to TSG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kvm-switch-doesnt-work-for-one-computer-only.1089177/
Relevancy 77.4%

My main computer has Windows 10.  If I go to the page http://www.bridgewebs.com/cgi-bin/bwoi/bw.cgi?club=savannahclubs&pid=display_page5 it shows three upcoming bridge tournaments. If I click on the third one, it brings up the PDF flyer.  The other two open a new tab, but it stays blank.  This happens on Firefox, IE, and Chrome.  I thought my security software may be blocking it, but I turned it off and I had the same problem.  I tried two other comptuers, both Windows 10, and the DO NOT have the problem.

How can this problem be fixed?

A:Web page doesn't work on one computer

Are the other computers on the same network?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601484/web-page-doesnt-work-on-one-computer/
Relevancy 77.4%

Whatever I m infected with doesn t want me running GMER because I ve tried running it twice and each time I clicked Scan my computer displayed the blue error screen and shut down I was able to get dds to function though DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Parker Family at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion working, down, doesn't mcafee scans complete stopped GMER makes computer shut my Firefox Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans McProxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Windows system rundll exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpntray exeC Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k HPServicec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Users Parker Family AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Actual Window Minimizer ActualWindowMinimizerCenter exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files HP Bluetooth Laser Mobile Mouse MulMouse exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exeC Windows system sppsvc exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Parker Family Desktop dds scrC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www s... Read more

A:Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306816/firefox-stopped-working-gmer-makes-my-computer-shut-down-mcafee-doesnt-complete-scans/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello. When I start up my computer after it goes into hibernation due to low battery, the computer starts up as if I had forced a shutdown - no open programs are saved and programs like Chrome and Word say that Windows wasn't shutdown correctly.  My HP OMEN 15 sports a SSD as the primary (and only) hard drive and all drivers are kept up to date. I'm running BIOS F.32A I have had this issue for quite a while now and I'm clueless as to how to resolve it.  Can anybody please help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Computer-doesn-t-save-open-programs-after-hibernation/td-p/5732822
Relevancy 76.54%

My computer has been few ads Computer slow, work, doesn't drive d very slow and the internet loads super slow as well Anytime I attempt to play a game the computer doesn't seem to detect it in the d drive I put in many disks but the computer just says theres nothing in there I am getting a few ads as well Here's a HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Computer slow, d drive doesn't work, few ads system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system dldfcoms exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C PROGRA AMERIC A waol exe C PROGRA AMERIC A shellmon exe C PROGRA AMERIC A aolwbspd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO BrowserCmp - D E -BC F- B-AAED- E FF AD - C WINDOWS system iebrowserc dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO dcads - E - D - -AC - C EF - C WINDOWS system nssAE dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO superiorads - F E - C- - E C- ADA A C C - C WINDOWS system sprt ads dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run spa start C WINDOWS System Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system sprt ads dll quot DllStart O - HKCU Run EleFunAnimatedWallpaper quot C Documents and Settings Dustin Application Data elefundesktops beachofawoman wallpaper wallpaper exe quot quot STARTUP quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNON... Read more

A:Computer slow, d drive doesn't work, few ads

Hi thatoneday,

Sorry for the delay in looking into your log, as we are extremely busy in this section of the forums. If you still require assistance and are not seeking help elsewhere, then please carry out my instructions.

Please subscribe to this thread so that you are notified when you receive a reply. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Add Subscription.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Reply back with the following: C:\ComboFix.txt
New HiJackThis Log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-slow-d-drive-doesnt-work-few-ads-226226.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I tried putting RAM into my computer and I must have put it in wrong because it started smelling. I took the RAM out and saw that part of the gold was burnt. I immediately turned the computer off and took out the RAM. The tower will turn on and the fan runs and everything but nothing will come up on the screen. Could the computer be fried? And if so how can I fix it? I'm not sure of the specs because someone built it for us out of spare parts. It's about 8 years old. Thank you for your help.

A:Tried Inserting RAM, computer doesn't work anymore

im going to say if u smelled something chances are that yes something did get fried like the motherboard.in that case it can be fixed but motherboards are not cheap to fix or replace.id suggest unless u know what u are doing id let a computer tech see if it can even be fixed or if its worth it to do so.hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tried-inserting-ram-computer-doesnt-work-anymore.985241/
Relevancy 76.54%

After talking with Juno C S and tech dept to resolve a different issue in which I had to get tough with someone to get any result at all Add/rem Doesn't Remove Juno Work. To How Computer When From Juno dialup suddenly stopped functioning I removed it with some difficulty as files were automatically and instantly written as read-only It happened a second time the next day When I tried to remove it a second How To Remove Juno From Computer When Add/rem Doesn't Work. time it would not go away though I used Add Remove Programs in the usual way I tried several things such as How To Remove Juno From Computer When Add/rem Doesn't Work. emptying renaming the folder and creating a new one I would like to keep the old address book and any old letters so I moved them out of the folder I speculate that is why it is not disappearing now but am not sure Please advise as Juno DSL is flakey and I need dialup as a backup I've checked for spyware cookies flushed the dns cache emptied temp and temp files Edit Moved topic to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:How To Remove Juno From Computer When Add/rem Doesn't Work.

Welcome to BC
Try the Add/Remove in safemode. You can also search for the Juno folder and open it up and see if there's an uninstaller in there
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112915/how-to-remove-juno-from-computer-when-addrem-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 76.54%

after resetting my computer, i encounter a problem. When i turn on the computer, I can access the bios with the keyboard and i can check all the options. If i don't access the bios, my keyboard stops working when i'm asked to digit my account's password. what can i do? thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-doesn-t-work-after-resetting-my-computer/td-p/5799410
Relevancy 76.54%

I do not understand this. I've been buying and returning 'defective' wireless devices for my media center for the last few months. I bought a logitech wireless mouse (v220) a few days ago and it works on my E6410, E6510, Thinkpad T500, NC6230, and custom amd gaming machine.

However, on the machine it is intended for use on, it does not work. It seems to work fine (as far as I can tell) in windows. In media center, bridge, firefox, ect... it just doesn't work. You move the mouse, nothing happens, or it moves very spotty.

I just cannot think of anything that could be causing this. I've tried removing all unnecessary devices, I even disabled the wifi on the off chance that was causing interference.

Has anyone had an issue like this before?

A:Wireless mouse doesn't work... on ONE computer

This might sound stupid, but people often overlook the simple things. Have you tried in different USB ports on the machine they tend not to work on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/165865-wireless-mouse-doesnt-work-one-computer.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I am new to this site so I may not give all the info necessary but if you let me know what you need to answer this question I will get it right on computer Search work doesn't this (Solved) back to you Thanks Ok here is my question My friend gave me his computer while he (Solved) Search doesn't work on this computer is away and after I hooked everything up I tried to find a folder on his computer using the quot Start quot quot Search quot After I typed in what I was looking for and hit quot Start Search quot nothing happened so I tried again and nothing happened I have since tried many different things to fix it but it just don t work Can anyone tell me how to restore this This computer was custom built so I am not sure of what exactly has been done This computer has Windows ME OS Name Microsoft Windows Version Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer System Manufacturer System Model System Name System Type X -based PC Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Award Medallion BIOS v Windows Directory C WINDOWS Locale United States Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB nbsp

A:(Solved) Search doesn't work on this computer

alphaomegase
Welcome to TSG!
Have a look and see if the computer has the utility Tweakui installed on it. If so open tweakui and go to Desktop tab and make sure there is a check-mark in the search results box.
If not there are two way to handle this:
1) Download and setup Tweakui and follow the above instruction
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp
2) Open the registry editor and have a look for this entry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
Value Name: NoFind

If "NoFind" exists modify the value to "0" zero

Keep us post to your progress.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-search-doesnt-work-on-this-computer.100001/
Relevancy 76.54%

the other day i brought the sims2 university for my computer...it's an xp...my computer doesn't meet the requirements as it has 224MB RAM...but it didn't stop me from playing the sims2....it was just slightly slow, BUT i can't play the university expansion pack cuz it needed directx 9.......so does the sims2...i could play that.... i've downloaded directx 9c now but it still doesn't work...my computer is saying it's installed...

some-one please help me!!!!

A:the sims2 university doesn't work on my computer...please help!!!

arghhhhhhh....i dnt think i have a graphics card :dead: this is the info i found out:
Device
-name:
-manufacturer: n/a
-chip type: n/a
-DAC type: n/a
-Approx total memory: n/a
-current display mode:1152x864 (32 bit) (1Hz)
-monitor:

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! AND HOW COMES I COULD RUN THE SIMS2 BEFORE!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-sims2-university-doesnt-work-on-my-computer-please-help.25254/
Relevancy 76.54%

hi my computers sound doesnt work i have no idea what the problem is sometimes it works if i disable then enable my soundmax device this problem has been going on for some time if you have any ideas i would be foreva grateful.
i am pretty sure its a built in sound card

A:Sound doesn't work but computer says no problem

What are your computers specs? Things like make and model number...You may be infected with a virus or other malware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work-but-computer-says-no-problem.117554/