Windows Support Forum

arabic fonts is not correct in explorer

Q: arabic fonts is not correct in explorer

please help me

i have xp sp3 i found that the fonts of the windows changed i tried but failed i reinstall xp as repair the fonts of the windows returned back
but in internet explorer still arabic words misconfigured i uninstall
the internet explorer and reinstall but still some arabic wors are misconfigured

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/arabic-fonts-is-not-correct-in-explorer-321017.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: arabic fonts is not correct in explorer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 31.39%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 18.06%

MY WD 500GB USB HD just yesterday stopped working normally, it was working fine two days ago. When I connect the drive via USB it appears as a different drive letter for some reason Local Disk : I then disappears. My laptop makes two noises one that I've connected a device to the laptop then another noise which is when I disconnect a device. It makes this connection/disconnection noise when the HD is plugged in numerous times every minute or so.

The HD doesn't appear in windows explorer but appears in devices.

Very strange and unusual any ideas?

A:WD 500GB USB HD not appearing in Windows Explorer

Can anyone assist??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-500gb-usb-hd-not-appearing-in-windows-explorer.200467/
Relevancy 31.82%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 18.06%

I suspected I had malware, but went through many steps on the other forum topic to have the same problem of internet explorer not responding. It will not load any webpages. I've done a repair install of Windows 7 SP1 and all the critical/important updates have been installed. I am using IE9. Any ideas what could be causing this problem? It seems to have started about a week ago. Google Chrome doesn't seem to be affected, but sometimes it seems resources are being used by something else. That is why I suspected a virus or malware. Any suggestions? Could this be a hardware problem?

A:Internet Explorer not responding

First issue is to resolve the question

is tcp configured so I can access the Internet
if it is, then what's stopping the browser(s)
Solving (1).

Get a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and enter

ping 8.8.8.8
If you get timeouts, then tcp is a mess.

if you get timing data, then try

ping google.com
If you get timing data, the TCP is just fine, otherwise the first ping worked by the second doesn't means
the TCP settings for your DNS are missing or wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-not-responding.190933/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, I order two sets of memory sticks both 2 GBs. here they are
1st one I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-PC2-6...GG/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1336701850&sr=8-10

and 2nd
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CM2X2...P77Y/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1336701850&sr=8-9

here is what I am staring it

What do you guys say is everything working fine?

A:Memory correct or incorrect?

I'm slightly confused. You said your purchased two sets but yet the second purchase appears to be a single module. Even in the screenshot the module size is 2GB.

What exactly is the question?

Are you are questioning the frequency of 400MHz?
If so, that is normal. DDR stand for Double Data Rate, DDR2-800 would be Double Data Rate of 400MHz which is 800MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-correct-or-incorrect.180739/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello everyone I just built my External in hard show up Computer does drive not Explorer/My new computer and everything seems to be working fine hardware-wise I put in my old hard drive which still has Windows Vista -bit External hard drive does not show up in Explorer/My Computer on it It booted up fine booting up and shutting down is extremely slow though I installed some of my motherboard drivers LAN driver USB drivers etc I am going to install Windows Home Premium on it as soon as I have backed up some important documents music and programs However my external hard drive USB does not show up in My Computer I checked the Hardware panel thing Apparaatbeheer and it does show up there Is there any other way I can access it or are there any fixes I tried deleting some HighFilters in the registry but this caused my PC to go in a reboot-loop Could I transfer files over a LAN-network to my laptop I have just installed CrashPlan could I use that to back-up all my files I don t want to pay for it and my upload speed is quite low around kB s and I want to back up over GB TL DR I cannot see my external hard drive in Windows is there any other way I can access it or backup my files GB I can provide any additional information Thanks in advance nbsp

A:External hard drive does not show up in Explorer/My Computer

/Close http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/find-your-missing-usb-drive-on-windows-xp/ This worked for me

It didn't have a drive letter. I had to activate it as a partition or something, but it shows up and I can access it now, and that's what counts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-does-not-show-up-in-explorer-my-computer.174832/
Relevancy 17.63%

I can't connect to MSN, AIM,nor can I open the launchers for some MMOs I play (though I can get into them if I launch the .exe file). I can connect to Steam and talk to people but I can't use the browser aspect of it. Firefox says it's a proxy issue, but I'm not too software savvy and don't really know what to do with this. It seems to be anything browser-related. I haven't installed anything new and I ran a few scans for viruses, malware, etc, and did a few other things I usually do to remedy connection issues (disabling firewall, power cycling modem/router, etc) to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Can't connect to Internet Explorer, Firefox, Steam, etc.

What are your computers complete specs? What version of Windows are you running? What kind of Internet service do you have? Cable? DSL?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-explorer-firefox-steam-etc.173927/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I have an 2TB WD external hard drive that won't open on my comp. Part number: WDBAAF0020HBK-01 It shows up in disk management, but not in Explorer. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried to convert it to a Dynamic disk, but it won't do it for some reason.

A:WD hard drive won't show up in Explorer

Has this problem just started to happen or is this a new unformated drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-drive-wont-show-up-in-explorer.171800/
Relevancy 31.82%

Main questions Has the disk already failed or quot predicted quot to fail Is it possible to Image BU the OS or Applications partitions given errors below w o getting so many possible errors if selected quot ignore bad sectors that it might be easier to reinstall Wouldn t chance of a restored image of OS Applications working depend entirely on of bad sectors amp content or even drive s current ability to consistently read files - based on reported disk errors One error was quot medium error read test element failed quot BU of personal data files w some errors that might be fixed later is another matter Given reported errors would a complete disk format possibly solve the disk s reported problems Some articles from HDD mfg s say quot large of bad disks aren t really bad quot quot Just need reformatting amp possibly marking bad sectors quot Don t know how accurate that is Toshiba laptop has - GB Hitachi HDDs for storage No prior problems but browser locked backed up? & HDD be is can correct What OS problem up then Vista amp wouldn t reboot into normal safe last known good config cmd prompt Gives no err msgs - just What is correct HDD problem & can OS be backed up? hangs at wording near bottom MS Windows w scrolling dots I tried Vista Recovery Console boot disk but it never gets to repair options screen Only past the quot Windows is loading files quot then stops Ran latest Hitachi drive fitness tool Short test said quot Defective device Excessive shock quot not What is correct HDD problem & can OS be backed up? quot Predicted to fail quot as mentioned below Shock - maybe - drive s yrs old - not many hrs on it Ran Hitachi s Advanced test It returned quot Defective device - SMART Failure quot So diff errors If it s SMART failure seems could throw bogus codes Next ran HDAT - several tests including SMART Main errors From Read Attributes Data were h ID Reallocated Sector Count Threshold Value Worst Raw Val Under that blinking red quot Disk failure is predicted back up your data quot quot Failed in the past quot Other red errors listed C h Reallocated Event Count Threshold Value Worst Raw Val C h Current Pending Sector Count Threshold Value Worst Raw Val In HDAT the SMART Short Self Test stopped at w error quot medium error read test element failed quot Failing LBA HDAT reported several MBR errors - mostly about partitions not beginning ending on cylinder head Doubt that has to do w boot problem Thanks nbsp

A:What is correct HDD problem & can OS be backed up?

Doesn't look good.

Here's what I would do it that's what I saw:

1) start->run->cleanmgr to remove temp files (why waste time fixing & saving these?)

2) Backup or COPY personal data to an external USB device;
get a command prompt Start->Run->cmd to see the path and then CD to My Documents
This is where the large proportion of your documents are located

3) get the event viewer (start->run->eventvwr.msc)
Open the system tab and scroll down looking for Warning(in yellow) DISK events.
There should be one per real I/O error - - just count'm up. The more you find the worse the condition.

Decision time: IF there's too many, plan on replacing the HD, else attempt step(4) to attempt to continue using the system as-is

4) Boot into Safe Mode and use start->run->->CHKDSK /F /R which will take hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-correct-hdd-problem-can-os-be-backed-up.169678/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have an ASRock gx AM MB I recently purchased a Visiontek Radeon HD video card I popped the card in and hooked up my vga cable I booted up to my OS win x and installed the drivers for my card This Was all after I had previously uninstalled on board graphics and changed settings in bios to use PCI express as my video output Okay so after a reboot things are going smooth So I unplug my vga cable and plug in my DVI cable and get no video So I unplug the DVI and plug back in the VGA cable and I then have NO video So I reboot my computer with no luck Then I plug my vga back into my on board slot and take a look in my device manager and it isn t showing my video card only MB no longer ASRock install drivers card or recognize video correct will on board graphics and on top of that every time I run the ATI software to install drivers for my card it will only install drivers for my on board graphics and doesn t install them for my PCI Express card I m sure the card and slot are fine as I have run them successfully once before I ASRock MB will no longer recognize video card or install correct drivers don t know what to do but I really don t want to have to go through the hassle of sending my card back Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:ASRock MB will no longer recognize video card or install correct drivers

Could the fact that it isn't recognized by my PC be do to a lack of power from my psu? I have a raidmax 530w psu and min for the card is 400 so I figured I was okay... There is no place on the card to hook a cable from the psu to. It gets all its power straight from the MB... I dunno if that info will help any

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-mb-will-no-longer-recognize-video-card-or-install-correct-drivers.168264/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have 3 Sata hdd's; two 160gb and one 1.5TB. Windows 7 is on one of the 160gb, 1.5TB is used purely for games storage anf the other 160gb is used for file storage.

After starting up, whenever I click on Games it takes a while to show all the icons; once it has done it once then it will show the icons immediately every time.

Is there a way of getting it to show the icons immediately first time around? It is not a major problem, more of an irritation, but I would like to know if it can be fixed.

I have no problems with my other hdd's and antivirus and malware all updated and checked for virus's and spyware.

Any help is much appreciated

My Pc is...
Asus P5P41D
Quadcore running at 3.06
4gb of ram
Radeon 5800 2gb
Audigy 4
Corsair 850watt PSU

A:Windows Explorer is slow on D: drive

disciple said:

After starting up, whenever I click on Games it takes a while to show all the icons; once it has done it once then it will show the icons immediately every time.Click to expand...

It seems it slows down while querying the filesystem to create a database of icons of files in the path.
It may be an heavy task if there are large images, video, or executables that must be queried for creating icons.
IMHO you could try changing the icon mode of the file explorer, or trying to create subfolders in order to identify if there are troublesome files that slow down the icon rendering more than others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-explorer-is-slow-on-d-drive.166350/
Relevancy 17.2%

My friend had her laptop hard drive replaced by some company 10MB drive Explorer is shows External 60GB empty in and They External 60GB drive is empty and shows 10MB in Explorer did not copy her documents and pictures to her new drive so she asked me if I could do it for her I told her I would slave the drive to my External 60GB drive is empty and shows 10MB in Explorer machine and see if I could read the old drive if so I could probably retrieve the items and save them for External 60GB drive is empty and shows 10MB in Explorer her It is a Gig Hitachi Travelstar Hard Drive I put the hard drive in my external USB case and plugged it in to my Laptop running VISTA SP- I also plugged it in to a Windows XP Pro machine The new drive was detected and I was able to see it in My Computer as quot Local Drive E quot the File System says quot FAT quot and the Disk size shows the capacity as MB Used Space MB - Free Space MB When I open the contents of this drive it is empty In Computer Management Disk Management this is what is visible where Disk is my internal drive and Disk is the Slave Travelstar ---------------------------------------------- Disk Basic GB Online GB Healthy EISA Configuration TI V E C GB NTFS Healthy System Boot Page File Active Crash Dump Primary Partition GB Healthy Partition ---------------------------------------------- Disk Basic GB Online E GB FAT Healthy Active Primary Partition ---------------------------------------------- CD-ROM DVD D No Media When I click on the E Partition it shows in the rectangle box all gray diagonal lines I am trying to understand some things Why is it only showing up as MB in My Computer and GB in Disk Management How can I see the entire drive and retrieve the data Can I make this drive show up as a removable device and be able to read it I am a little confused please and thanks for any help you might be able to provide nbsp

A:External 60GB drive is empty and shows 10MB in Explorer

try this,
Go to my computer and right click on the drive you have set up as slave drive. Go to properties-then security-then click on advanced tab near the bottom of that page-then click on owner tab-then on edit-then choose the owner you want to have access in this case you Administrators mine says (Tman-PC\Administrators) and then click apply. You will have to close all the windows down and reopen them and you should be able to see anything that was hidden or unaccessable on the drive.

Hope t works for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-60gb-drive-is-empty-and-shows-10mb-in-explorer.160121/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi guys , i just wanted to make sure that i am Buying right thing that will fully provide me ! since this Mobo has No onboard card it will be Greater option because i will run 6870 on it & i dont want any other ADDITIONAL thing on it ! & i want this mobo to let 6870 & phenom 965 BE , be fully Unlocked & do 100% great with no Bottleneck & great road for Speed Transfer from whole hardwares !

the mobo is : AMD 890 FX

i found this one too : ASRock 890FX DELUXE3 , but since ASROCK doesnt make High Quality mobos then i am not sure it will be great option ! greater than AMD 890 FX !

A:Correct mobo for CPU!

One good home run website i use for this sort of thing is this one:

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/index.html

Just input your board and it gives you the processors that are compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-mobo-for-cpu.158323/
Relevancy 17.63%

Ugh, ive been looking all over the internet for a solution to this. Anyway, im borrowing my friend's external hard drive to transfer some stuff from my laptop to my desktop when my laptop for whatever reason crashed. Now when i started my laptop back up, explorer doesn't recognize the external hard drive. However, disk management seems to be able to recognize the external hard drive as a separate disk. Does anybody know how i can get my explorer to recognize the external hard drive?

A:Can't get explorer to recognize external hard drive

Since it's recognized by Disk Management, I'll guess one of two things

1. See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

2. Otherwise, it could be filesystem corruption on the disk. Have you tried connecting it to a different computer to see if it works? If it still fails on other computers as well could be windows sees the disk when connected but doesn't recognize a valid filesystem any longer so doesn't mount the logical volume. Try TestDisk for partition/data recovery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-explorer-to-recognize-external-hard-drive.157660/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a TB WD Need drive a up help hard in not with showing explorer external external hard drive It was running extremely slow so i ran a defrag and it fixed it But it also has a mac partition on it so i ran the repair disk thing for mac in disk utility However my mac is a laptop so it ran out of battery part way through the operation Now when i plug it in it both the mac and PC it is not picked up in explorer and Disk management under computer management So no partitions show up in either finder on mac or explorer on windows Edit When i connect the hard drive it has a flashing light on it Need help with a external hard drive not showing up in explorer like it normally does Need help with a external hard drive not showing up in explorer when it connecting to pc just before it shows up in explorer It has been flashing like this for hours as it has been plugged into pc this whole time when it Need help with a external hard drive not showing up in explorer connects and shows up in explorer and is not in use that light normally stays solid nbsp

A:Need help with a external hard drive not showing up in explorer

I'd start with test disk:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
\
FWIW: I have Ubuntu on my Netbook. If I start a lengthy operation like defrag on battery, it will ask me if I really want to do that. I've run into a number of prompts like that, and it makes me wonder why Windows never figured that out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-a-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-explorer.156626/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have always liked playing the game Yahoo's text twist but for some reason the picture within the screen is to big for the box, ive tried adjusting the Java settings but this does not work it happens with other sites to with these boxes.
Could someone PLEASE help!

Thanks!

A:Can't see correct size anymore?

Has your screen resolution changed? It may just be smaller now and the game expects a larger screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-correct-size-anymore.154561/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi guys I had a virus on my computer so had to reinstall Windows XP and all drivers etc Now the only problem I was having at the time is that my motherboard drivers CD was playing up I ve got an onboard soundcard and needed to get the driver for it from this CD So I just looked it up VIA AC Enhanced Audio Controller correct despite Sound not driver working, and download the CMedia version But I ve NO SOUND I ve tried alternate ones e g Realtek VIA etc and still NOTHING I ve used Everest to generate the following information - would really appreciate it if anyone can help Cheers in advance NDJ -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Report Type Report Wizard Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon MHz x Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset VIA K T Pro AMD Hammer System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Sound not working, despite correct driver Port Communications Port COM Display Video Adapter RADEON PRO Family Microsoft Corporation MB Video Adapter RADEON PRO SEC Family Microsoft Corporation MB D Accelerator ATI Radeon RV Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter VIA AC Enhanced Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller - SCSI Sound not working, despite correct driver RAID Controller VIA RAID Controller Sound not working, despite correct driver - Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive Maxtor L P GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive Seagate External Drive USB Device GB USB Optical Drive PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- DVD R x DVD-R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free E NTFS MB MB free G NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Peripherals Printer EPSON Stylus DX Series Copy Printer EPSON Stylus DX Series Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device Creative WebCam Instant USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device -------- DMI --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIOS BIOS Properties Vendor American Megatrends Inc Version Release Date Size KB Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot EDD BBS Supported Standards DMI APM ACPI ESCD PnP Expansion Capabilities ISA PCI AGP USB System System Properties Manufacturer PCCHIPS Product M Version Serial Number Universal Unique ID - - - Wake-Up Type Power Switch Motherboard Motherboard Properties Manufacturer PCCHIPS Product M Version Serial Number Chassis Chassis Properties Manufacturer PCCHIPS Version Serial Number Asset Tag ABC Chassis Type Desktop Case Boot-Up State Safe Power Supply State Safe Thermal State Safe Security Status None Processors AMD Athlon tm Processor Processor Properties Manufacturer AMD Version AMD Athlon tm Processor Serial Number To Be Filled By O E M Asset Tag To Be Filled By O E M Part Number To Be Filled By O E M External Clock MHz Maximum Clock MHz Current Clock MHz Type Central Processor Voltage V V Status Enabled Socket Designation CPU Processors Processor Processor Properties Serial Number To Be Filled By O E M Asset Tag To Be Filled By O E M Part Number To Be Filled By O E M Maximum Clock MHz Type Central Processor Vo... Read more

A:Sound not working, despite correct driver

Some extra information that might be helpful to you...

--------[ Windows Devices ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Devices ]

Computer:
ACPI Uniprocessor PC 5.1.2600.0

Disk drives:
Maxtor 6L160P0 5.1.2535.0
Seagate External Drive USB Device 5.1.2535.0

Display adapters:
RADEON 9600 PRO Family (Microsoft Corporation) 6.14.10.6462
RADEON 9600 PRO SEC Family (Microsoft Corporation)6.14.10.6462

DVD/CD-ROM drives:
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109 5.1.2535.0

Floppy disk controllers:
Standard floppy disk controller 5.1.2600.0

Floppy disk drives:
Floppy disk drive 5.1.2600.0

Human Interface Devices:
USB Human Interface Device 5.1.2600.2180

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers:
Primary IDE Channel 5.1.2600.2180
Secondary IDE Channel 5.1.2600.2180
VIA Bus Master IDE Controller - 0571 6.0.6001.282

Imaging devices:
Creative WebCam Instant 1.1.2.729

Keyboards:
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard5.1.2600.2180

Mice and other pointing devices:
HID-compliant mouse 5.1.2600.0

Monitors:
Plug and Play Monitor 5.1.2001.0

Network adapters:
Direct Parallel 5.1.2535.0
VIA PCI 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet Adapter - Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS Miniport6.4.0.4
VIA PCI 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport5.1.2535.0
VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter 3.84.0.1
WAN Miniport (IP) 5.1.2535.0
WAN Miniport (IP) - Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS Miniport6.4.0.4
WAN Miniport (IP) - Packet Scheduler Miniport 5.1.2535.0
WAN Miniport (L2TP) 5.1.2535.0
WAN Miniport (PPPOE) 5.1.2535.0
WAN Miniport (PPTP) 5.1.2535.0

Non-Plug and Play Drivers:
AFD
Beep
dmboot
dmload
Fips
Generic Packet Classifier
HTTP
IP Network Address Translator
IPSEC driver
Kaspersky Lab Boot Guard Driver
Kl1
ksecdd
Microsoft Generic AGPv3.0 Filter for K8 Processor Platforms
mnmdd
mountmgr
NDIS System Driver
NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol
NDProxy
NetBios over Tcpip
Null
PartMgr
ParVdm
RDPCDD
Remote Access Auto Connection Driver
Remote Access IP ARP Driver
Remote Access NDIS TAPI Driver
Spyware Terminator Driver 2
TCP/IP Protocol Driver
VgaSave
... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-not-working-despite-correct-driver.150583/
Relevancy 17.63%

HI, i purshased 4 HDD HITACHI sata 320g c5k500 for laptop.
the problem is when i hook it up to the usb windows detect it and shows that its ready to work. but it does not appear in the explorer neither in hard drive manager .and thats for all of them .
please can any body help me to resolve this problem thank you.

A:Hard drive detected by Windows, does not appear in explorer

In which computer is it installed, and what is your operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-detected-by-windows-does-not-appear-in-explorer.150153/
Relevancy 17.63%

http www techspot com vb topic not Internet others connect, but can will Explorer-based programs html Internet Explorer-based programs will not connect, but others can This thread shows my computer is completely clean of any malware or viruses Certain applications that use the same Internet Explorer-based programs will not connect, but others can ports I guess or something of that sort Internet Explorer-based programs will not connect, but others can as Internet Explorer cannot connect Some of my internet applications work some don t For instance World of warcraft cannot connect and it uses the same ports as internet explorer I can use firefox and a lot of other applications but when I try to use internet explorer Which I never do I just want to play WoW It comes up with quot Cannot find Make sure the path or internet address is correct quot It won t load any page you try to connect to giving you the same error message every time The same thing happens when I try to launch WoW It says the same message except with the launcher page link as the one that it can t connect to I type it into my firefox browser and it worked fine so that shows that my router is not blocking their servers This is very annoying and I would love to get it fixed Thanks EDIT It happens with ANY game that loads a page through internet explorer And LAN Settings are all unchecked for Proxy and I ve tried resetting it multiple times both with no effect nbsp

A:Internet Explorer-based programs will not connect, but others can

Bump. I want this to get fixed veryyyy badly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-based-programs-will-not-connect-but-others-can.149791/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have 3 hard drives all 80GB, two are from Western Dig and one is a Maxtor and 1 DVD attached as follows.

Primary IDE channel with the 80 wire cable set up:

Drive #1 (OS drive) - jumper on Master w Slave Present, end cable location, assigned to C:
Drive #2 (data drive) - jumper on Slave, middle cable location, assigned to D:

Secondary IDE channel with 40 wire cable set up:

Drive #3 (DVD) - jumper on Slave, end cable location, assigned to F:
Drive #4 (data drive) - jumper on Master w Slave Present, middle cable location, assigned to E: and G:

I don't know why the same drive #4 gets assigned to two letters E and G???

How to fix so it is only assigned to one letter???

I am taking my setup info from: www.mikeshardware.com in the how to connect IDE drives section

A:Multiple hard drives show up in Explorer

The only question that springs to mind is, "is there a partition on the drive"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-hard-drives-show-up-in-explorer.149348/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have been trying to format and make bootable a 4GB flash drive to use to flash my bios but everytime I try to format the drive it tells me that I have a bad volume name. Can anyone please explain what is a volume name and how to apply the correct volume name to a device being formatted?

A:What is volume label and how to find the correct volume label?

Are you trying to Format the drive to FAT32?
What Brand of drive Lenovo or was it a pass out type?
While you're planning uses for the pen drive try Ubuntu 9.01 flash drive Bootable O/S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-volume-label-and-how-to-find-the-correct-volume-label.148598/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a HP Pavillion. About a month ago, my laptop started freezing up while surfing the web. I started watching my task manager while this was happening. It turns out that the internet is clogging my RAM. I also use a gadget on the sidebar to monitor RAM. Just before the computer freezes, the RAM is at ~95%. That is just with one tab open, and no other tasks running. Closing all tabs reduces RAM to about 25% almost instantly and everything starts to work fine again. i'm not sure if I should blame the RAM or IE.

Any comments or suggestions.

Thanks
Justin

A:Internet explorer clogs memory

Well you need to do two things:

1. Update your windows via windows update service to get all upto date patches/fixes
2. Download Malwarebytes for installation and scan your system and post its log here.

I am assuming its a Vista machine; please confirm though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-clogs-memory.142165/
Relevancy 30.53%

windows xp pro failed to install correctly. How do I reformat new hard drive so I can start over?

A:Windows XP Pro failed to install correct how do I reformat new hard drive

Whenever you reinstall XP you get the opportunity to reformat the harddrive.
This may be of help http://tweakhound.com/xp/installxp/installXP1.htm
On the 4th blue screenshot when presented with your harddrive (partition) press "D" to delete the current partition, the harddrive then becomes "unpartitioned space" then press "C" to create the new partition- specify a partition size, or the whole drive, then highlight the 3rd option (as in the screenshot) "Format the partition using the NTFS file system"- depending on the Harddrive size it might take a while. Once it's finished you're formatted and you continue the install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-pro-failed-to-install-correct-how-do-i-reformat-new-hard-drive.140749/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a KDS Xtreme Flat , everest reports 17inches, and pcwizard 16inches , however i was just told that 1280x1024 4:3 is not a real resolution, but 1280x1024 5:3 is, or using crt i shouldn't use 1280x1024, rather i should use 1600x1200, however i don't see a option for 1600x1200?

A:CRT monitor correct resolutions

you can only use what your video card and monitor support...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crt-monitor-correct-resolutions.139027/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have purchased a hard disk case ("gate" GXM-25SU Case-kit), have inserted my old hard-disk to it, and connected it to my USB port. The device has been detected, the disk is turning, and it appears in the device manager.

The enclosed drivers are for Win 98 only, I am running XP - however is the driver installed as it appears in the device manager?

But the drive doesn't show up in the explorer / my computer / file manager. How can I solve this issue ?

A:External Harddisk detected, but does not appear in explorer

Has the HD been FDisked/partitioned and formatted?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-harddisk-detected-but-does-not-appear-in-explorer.22231/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I have a problem Symptoms - Any USB Mass Storage Device won t Any Windows won't in Storage Explorer my Mass appear USB Device appear in my Windows Explorer - It will appear on the bottom right screen as safely remove hardware and you can safely remove it - Device Manager can detect it in two locations Disk Drives and Universal Serial Bus Controllers as USB Mass Storage Device In their properties it says quot This device is working properly quot - Disk Management cannot detect it It will only showed my CD Drives And I ve already assigned the CD Drive letter to something elze Z - My mouse and My soundcard work Any USB Mass Storage Device won't appear in my Windows Explorer perfectly in all USB port - All the devices that I ve plugged to my USB work perfectly in another computer I ve tried these solutions It didn t work - Tried another USB Flash Drive Mp Player and my External Harddrive - Tried to plug it to all the USB Port - Tried to delete UpperFilter - Cannot assign the USB Mass Storage drive letter because it won t be detected in Disk Management - Tried to uninstall and reinstall all the USB controllers in Device Manager - The Virus amp Malware scan result were nothing Using latest Avaast and Ad-Aware - Tried to delete dosdrives in registy - Unchecked all quot Allow computer to turn off this device to save power quot Ok I ve done all of those and still can t read all my USB Flash Drive Mp Players and my External Harddrive All help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated Thanks Wii nbsp

A:Any USB Mass Storage Device won't appear in my Windows Explorer

try the FAQs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-usb-mass-storage-device-wont-appear-in-my-windows-explorer.129026/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi guys the correct resolution is not listed, i right click desktop display settings but the size i need to restore my display screen to full size of the lcd screen is not listed hence i have a 2 inch black border on the right hand side and half inch at the bottom....can anyone help please......

A:I can't return to the correct resolution on my laptop

What operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-return-to-the-correct-resolution-on-my-laptop.132464/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all, I've lost the adapter for my MSI GX630 notebook and now I'm on the hunt for a replacement. The exact model that I'm looking for is a LITEON PA-1121-04 model. I have found some replacements but there are usually some things off about these replacements, ether the connector size is wrong or the power rating is incorrect. The adapter has a power rating of 19V 6.3A and the closest replacement I've found has that of 19V 6.5A. I'd like to know if this 0.2A difference is too dangerous for my machine, or if i should continue searching for one with 6.3A specifically?

Also, are there any websites where you would suggest I look for an adapter like the one I'm looking for? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Correct Amperage?

You can use that adapter.
The amperage is drawn, so it has to be same or HIGHER. The plug has to fit (obviously) and the wattage has to be exactly the same, but yes, you can safely use an adapter with higher amperage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-amperage.128530/
Relevancy 31.39%

I am a novice with a lot of computer books to FAT32 converting NTFS? Correct from way of I have a FAT GB C drive partition Volume Label ACER I wish to convert it to an NTFS I have read that Correct way of converting from FAT32 to NTFS? to do this correctly and to prevent the MFT from becoming fragmented that I must first create a new contiguous Correct way of converting from FAT32 to NTFS? placeholder file equal to the expected size of the MFT I want to create Correct way of converting from FAT32 to NTFS? My readings told me quot The default size of the MFT equals percent of the partition size If the partition is larger than GB use GB as the MFT size because FAT drives cannot have a file larger than GB Use the Fsutil command Use the following syntax fsutil createnew c testfile txt and the size of the placeholder file here no parentheses You can use any legal file name quot I understand that GB equals bytes I am over my head here so I do not know the simple things for example where the book said quot c testfile txt quot is that literally what I am supposed to type When it says quot You can use any legal file name quot I wish the book had told me exactly what file name to use for this specific purpose When inputting the size of the placeholder file in bytes do I include the commas Should I round down the file size so as to avoid going beyond the allowed GB size by a few bytes and having the operation fail I would like for you to please tell me exactly what to type into the command prompt window Then when I have created the placeholder file I would like you to please tell me exactly what to type in the command window to carry out the conversion from FAT to NTFS Please used the file name that you told me to use when I created the placeholder file etc I really don t know these things One book said to follow this syntax convert c fs ntfs cvtarea testfile txt Another book said to follow this syntax CONVERT lt volume gt FS NTFS V X CvtArea lt filename gt NoSecurity on this last book I haven t got a clue as to whether the quot brackets quot are to be included or whether command prompt window is quot case sensitive quot and I should capitalize exactly as stated or what I expect that the lt gt are not included This latter book described what the options and switches signified for example V is verbose mode etc Thanks nbsp

A:Correct way of converting from FAT32 to NTFS?

A FAT32 C: drive partition? I'm going to guess you're still running an older version of windows? (like maybe Windows 2000)

I know Vista defrags MFT. I think XP as well (would have to double check XP)

but assuming you really are W2K, take a look here might help provide info for W2k (have you considered upgrading your OS?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-way-of-converting-from-fat32-to-ntfs.128111/
Relevancy 17.63%

I ve bought an Apevia Explorer case recently and liked the way it looked It s pretty nice for a steel case with a side window to look in In the front you have placements for two fans here that isn t included there s a flaw here i ll tell it later on the side windowed panel there s an airduct on the top there s an mmfan exhaust and on the rear you can choose between mm or mm which i prefer fan I m using this case with my new and first Cause i bought it for the first time for myself mobo Asus M A -T I started things off pretty good that is until it problem Cooling case with Explorer Apevia hit Cooling problem with Apevia Explorer case me that the temps on my cpu started to reach degrees celcius I just like things cooler then degr celc I already placed a mm in the rear from ThermalTake Thunderblade in the rear In the front i placed apevia s stock mm fan that sat in the rear so it can help cool the HDD But there s a bit off a problem here as that mm has a problem pulling air through the case s steel grill and on top of that it has to pull air from the front bottom of the case and even the bottom of the case already touches the ground no clearance Oh and it even looks as if it works like a vacuum cleaner cause it collects a lot of dust I want to place a second fan from TT Thunderblade mm in the front I won t be able to post pictures yet After a day or two maybe But i need some advise on what to do in the front please nbsp

A:Cooling problem with Apevia Explorer case

Hi,

Which direction did you place the fans? Are all going into the PC? Is the top one blowing out? Is your power supply a single or a dual fan model?

I think I found your case on Newegg:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144104

What I would likely start with, depending on the location of the case, is on the back 120mm pulling air in and only the 80 mm on top blowing air out. My PSUs are usually dual fan. If my case is in an area where it is close to a wall then I don't want the exhaust air being brought back into the case so I would have the 120mm on back blowing out and the 80 mm on top blowing out as well.

If it doesn't get as cool as you'd like I recommend you look at a different/better fan/heatsink for you CPU. I also saw once someone used some semi-thick plastic to create isolation pockets for the components. He realized that the heat from the video card should be isolated and ducted out without touching the CPU because it will heat the video card. I haven't found the link but it looked cool and and it was effective. I'll try to find it again later.

Good luck,

Adrian

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-problem-with-apevia-explorer-case.126342/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I can able to see only CD-ROM drive under Disk Management. Hard disks are not seen. Logical drive C and D are otherwise accessible (eg., via Explorer, Disk Defragmenter) and work normally.

Also if I plug flash drive, not appearing in windows explorer or disk management.

Help me to fix the problem please.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Raja

A:XP C: drive ok in Explorer not in Disk Management

Raja,
can we have your complete system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-c-drive-ok-in-explorer-not-in-disk-management.126287/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I see only CD-ROM drive under Disk Management. Hard disks are not seen. Logical drive C and D are otherwise accessible (eg., via Explorer, Disk Defragmenter) and work normally.

I had setup the following services with Start up Type = Automatic:

Plug and Play (Logon as Local service)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) (Logon as Network Service)
Logical Disk Manager (Logon as Local service)
Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (Logon as Local service)
I also tried adding the following to the list above without luck:

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator (Logon as Network Service)

System: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 3

I also had an E drive (Seagate Free Agent Pro connected to USB port). This is not showing anywhere (Explorer or Disk Manager). However, Partition Manger (3rd party software) picked it up and shows correct % used/free. Device Manger shows it correctly too under Disk Drives.

Help please...

Regards,
Anil

A:XP C: drive ok in Explorer not in Disk Management

Yea. That's pretty strange. A couple observations / things to do

Disk Management issues
Disk Management does require the two Logical Disk Manager services tho your screen shot does show them as Started so they should be OK
=> Have you rebooted? Does this problem occur after rebooting? If so, reboot again then
=>Let's see if anything is appearing in your Windows Event Logs

Click Start->Run, enter: cmd
Copy the loooonnngggg command line below and paste it after the prompt in the command prompt window. Then hit Enter. When complete (may take 30secs or so) you'll find the file events.txt on your desktop
Attach the events.txt file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)

Code:
cscript "C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventquery.vbs" /l application /l system /r 35 /v /fo table /fi "Type eq error OR Type eq warning" > "%userprofile%\desktop\events.txt"

​Device Manager shows an unknown device
Don't know that it's related, but Do you know what that is?
Check if Windows reports any problem devices

First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-c-drive-ok-in-explorer-not-in-disk-management.125357/
Relevancy 31.39%

My Dell Latitude D was built in May I ve lately been experiencing hardware issues related to the motherboard and or Latitude Correct D800 for mobo graphics Correct mobo for Latitude D800 card When I have visited the Dell Parts site and entered my service tag I ve gotten as many as three Dell part numbers for the motherboard currently only showing X I ve had about the Correct mobo for Latitude D800 same results with the graphics card I haven t been able to find out much about specs on any particular motherboard by Dell part number and some conflicting information from different Dell parts resellers I m fairly certain it s an intel PM chipset Correct mobo for Latitude D800 and it has a separate graphics card so I m also fairly certain that it doesn t have integrated graphics I m probably going to replace the motherboard and the graphics card I ve run the Dell diagnostics CD several times and get a clean bill of health but on powerup I more often than not get a ghostly white screen with no visible POST I can get it to POST and boot into XP after a few attempts but it s getting more and more difficult and I ve gotten BSOD s with all sorts of error codes and never the same one twice in succession I ve ran several passes of Memtest with no errors I have current drive images for backup so I m not worried about losing anything I ve located an nVidia GeForce GeForce FX Go that I m fairly certain will fit my current board but I m unsure about a replacement motherboard Is there a reliable part number somewhere on the board that will steer me in the right direction Thanks nbsp

A:Correct mobo for Latitude D800

Here is the motherboard:
http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=1171

You are right about the Intel Chipset and X1029 model number. These are your video card choices for this model laptop:
Video Card Assemblies

2Y068
64-MB NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5200

2Y833
32-MB NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5200

N1536
32-MB NVIDIA NV28

N1539
128-MB NVIDIA NV31

G3030
64-MB NVIDIA NV34

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-mobo-for-latitude-d800.124154/
Relevancy 31.82%

Every time I turn on the laptop the time is wrong, I reset the time correctly but after being shutdown for a while, when I turn it back on the time is off again. I assume it is probably the nickel sized battery on the motherboard. If I remove it to replace it with a new one how will it affect the laptop, does removing that battery have any effect on how the laptop it starts and operates, thanks.

A:Laptop does not keep the correct time

Replacing the CMOS battery won't harm the laptop. A new battery is all that may be needed, but you will have to get into the bios and check that all the settings are the way you want them, or set them to defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-does-not-keep-the-correct-time.121977/
Relevancy 18.06%

Yesterday Finally got my pc working good again Specs at bottom of post worked throuhg some dll errors found a bad stick of ram got my graphics card to stop crashing and so on i got my pc to stop crashing from dll errors and bad ram SFC SCANNOW still pops up about times saying bad file or whatever scratched xp cd beyond recongnition long time ago but haven t ad any dll errors recently but i found out that uninstalling intellimouse fixed almost all of my problems i hate that program so i wanted to get my dual monitor working again so i went back to insatll ati catalyst control center because i removed all ati software and just insatalled the driver a while back so i popped in the cd went to my computer and my dvd drive didn t show up just my cd drive and my magis iso cd drives did so i swithed it to my cd drive nothing restarted and went back to my computer and still no dvd but cd drive said it found the cd but no image next to drive like it used to just aticd - so i clicked on it and quot my computer quot stopped responding so i ended it and screne went blank and came back a minute later tried swithing jumpers ide cables master and slave position everything nothing changes This is a custom built pc Specs intel p ghz mb l cache was gb pc ddr ram now gb pc assrock pv bb mobo sapphire ati radeon hd pro mb gddr agp graphics card gb hard drive Hl-Dt-St Cd-RW GCE- b DVd rw lite-on dvd drive w dell psu Any ideas would be great i m almost thinking about downloading a copy of pirated windows just to fix my dll errors but this is the only problem left on my pc nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-drives-cause-explorer-to-crash.120456/
Relevancy 27.52%

I m the same guy who posted about the usb devices stopping to respond after unnormal shutdown Most of my specific usb ports don t recognize certain usb devices after a power blackout or device in in lack USB translation of correct "safemode" sometimes just unplugging the device Anyway the computer finds the usb device when plugged in but does not recognize it and USB device in "safemode" in lack of correct translation states it s in what I ll call safe-mode since I don t know the right english term Anyway it proposes reinstalling drivers for these devices In most cases the cds have been USB device in "safemode" in lack of correct translation lost or forgotten when I moved USB device in "safemode" in lack of correct translation from home and searching the net it states not finding any better suited drivers I have noticed that shutting the usb-root thingy that controls the ports and putting it on again will after reboot revive the device This is very annoying though There s also a window that sometimes pops stating quot remove the device safely quot although having looked at it it shows no indication as to how to do so I ve also been told that usb devices should be safe to remove just by unplugging them Are there any instructions you can give me how to prevent the comp losing the identity of the device nbsp

A:USB device in "safemode" in lack of correct translation

After a power surge a computer's motherboard USB ports can be the first things to actually go
There's really nothing to say, except you need a new ne Motherboard
If it's a PC then you could purchase a PCI addon USB card (they're very common)

That could help, and then just disable the onboard USB through Bios (CMOS Setup) and use the addon card only

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-device-in-safemode-in-lack-of-correct-translation.112270/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there I purchased my first ever laptop it is a Evesham Explorer a few days ago It came on Friday Now it Sunday and 2007 Laptop Boot Evesham Explorer Problem: its not working As you may expect I m am slightly annoyed Here is the problem I am having I Laptop Boot Problem: Evesham Explorer 2007 pressed Ctrl-Alt-Delete to end a program task I ended it but it started making a weird noise I was like wtf is going on dead Kept making a noise Laptop Boot Problem: Evesham Explorer 2007 and a red light i think it was something to do with the battery kept flashing and still making an annoying beep sound Laptop Boot Problem: Evesham Explorer 2007 So I shut it down Now I cant start it up roll The red light still flickers and it loaded up just past the boot screen Then shuts down automatically By this point I m freaking out evil Sooo I try boot it again same thing this time no sound Weird So I boot it without having it plugged in to a socket just from the battery same thing I try clean near the fan and stuff same thing I try take the battery out put it back in same thing I take the battery out and run it from the mains same thing I put the battery back in same thing Just a while ago I tried again now it wont even boot up Can anyone help me I don t know what to do now I have read a few bad things about the company and there products which I just found today after doing a Google search I would never have brought it if I knew this before hand nbsp

A:Laptop Boot Problem: Evesham Explorer 2007

The only thing you can really do is take it back and demand it be fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-boot-problem-evesham-explorer-2007.94593/
Relevancy 31.82%

I seem to be getting 3 different temperature readings for my CPU(E8500 3.16Ghz). PCProbe 2 reports CPU temps of 70-80c, CoreTemp reports 56c and Real Temp reports 46c. If the first readings(70-80c) were correct i think the CPU would fry or at least blue screen the system. Can anyone out there explain why this is ocuring? Or a Temperature monitoring tool/utility that will report more realistic values? My specs E8500 3.16Ghz, P5N32-E SLI, EN9600GT, 2Gb DDR2, 570w PSU, Vista Ultimate.

A:Correct Temp Reporting

Unless you are having computer problems like you mentioned, freezing, blue screens or shutdowns, temp readings are not critical. Temp sensors on motherboards are notorius for being less than accurate. Even if you used a good thermocouple to measure the temps, it would depend on where you placed the probe to get the most accurate temp. For a CPU the best place for the probe tip would be between the CPU heatsink and the CPU die... As you can imagine, this is not practical

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-temp-reporting.109488/
Relevancy 31.82%

Oh i am going to get a pci slot fan to regulate the air around my very hot pci video card. It has a fan and heat sink but its very odd and makes fnny noises from time to time so im just waiting for it to quit. So what is the correct way to install a pci slot fan? and which is the best? as in a pci exhaust fan or a pci fan that regulates the air..

A:Correct way to install a pci slot fan

If there is such a thing

larryiam said:

Oh i am going to get a pci slot fan to regulate the air around my very hot pci video card. It has a fan and heat sink but its very odd and makes fnny noises from time to time so im just waiting for it to quit. So what is the correct way to install a pci slot fan? and which is the best? as in a pci exhaust fan or a pci fan that regulates the air..Click to expand...

Follow the installation directions that come with it.
But fans are usually Case Fans.Theres holes to screw them to.
One again : Read your motherboard manual. pci slots are for devices like
sound cards(not fans)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-way-to-install-a-pci-slot-fan.107079/
Relevancy 31.82%

Guys pls help me on this one. My mobo is a gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 and I put a 4gb DDR2 Corsair XMS2 memory. Now the problem is this, when I check my windows XP system info it only showed there that my RAM is only 2.75gb Why is that? Is there anymore software out there that is free, where I can use to find out the real score? Pls guys help, Im new in this stuff. And I work so hard to invest on my hardware, that I feel I bought a wrong or defective DDR2. I'll give you more details just ask away.

A:DDR2 not registering correct value

Unfortunately Windows XP 32bit can only detect about 3GB of memory maximum. Upgrading to Windows XP 64bit will allow you to have more than 3 GB. Your hardware is fine, you just need to up your OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-not-registering-correct-value.106794/
Relevancy 31.39%

Just bought this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102730
and need help hooking power up correctly.Here is the power cable it came with in the middle http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...on=SAPPHIRE+Radeon+HD+3850+100228L+Video+Card
Do i need to hook both of those cables to the power source?

A:Correct power supply hookup?

Yes, or the eight pin connector won't provide the proper power to the graphics card. Some power supplies come with the eight pin connector but I suppose that yours does not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-power-supply-hookup.105375/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Sony Vaio (FZ290), and I'm pretty happy with it in general.
There are 2 problems however:

1) When I try and put it into standby, about half the time it doesn't go into standby, just turns off the screen, and keeps everything else on. The lights on the front indicate that it is still on, but the screen stays blank no matter what I do.
I've waited for 30 minutes for it to go into standby before cutting the power manually with the button...

2) When I do get it into standby, about half the time on resume from standby, explorer.exe crashes. I'm not sure why, but it's bloody annoying. It starts back up, however it is still annoying to have it doing that...

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I do not have SP1 yet, but I will be trying that today.

A:Sony Vaio (FZ290) doesn't go into standby correctly, explorer.exe crashes on resume

I was going to suggest SP1 but it looks like you're in the process.
I usually disable all of the power management in the BIOS, and let Windows take care of it.
I tend to be re-format happy, but the first thing I do when I get a new lappy is to reformat and get all that proprietary software off it. Ever see the mac comercial where the guy is all fat and blated? Anyway, factory laptops are installed via an image. Sometimes that image is less than perfect causing instability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-fz290-doesnt-go-into-standby-correctly-explorer-exe-crashes-on-resume.105231/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi Guys

I bought some Geil Ultra DDR2 2.0GB PC6400 Dual Channel memory kit (2 x 1GB) 800MHz (4-4-4-12) +Aluminium heat spreader a while ago for my computer build

troubles are:

1) When i booot nothing comes on the screen and then i have to boot it up again this then works and the screen comes on. I have tried moving the memory and all seems fine.

2) As from user reviews on the product the memory is meant to run at 4-4-4-12 but is actually running at 5-5-5-23 how do i fix this to get the correct timings?

I have 3GB of the same memory, here is the link http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?ProductID=14777&AddReview=0#ShowReview

Thanks for your help

Baltan

A:How to change ram to get the correct timings

if any more information is needed just ask.

-Baltan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-ram-to-get-the-correct-timings.104371/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, I just recently reformat and install new windows xp for my friend's laptop and the only problem I can't seem to correct is his audio driver...

SigmaTel STAC9756/57 @ Intel 82801CAM ICH3-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1] I've been searching it through driverguide, official website and mostly google but still can't find nothing... I'd manage to download SigmaTel STAC9750 9757 9758 from driverguide though none of them work,... I am out of reach unless you guy help me out and find that one headache driver for me... many many thank in adv

A:Can't find correct audio driver

my friend's laptopClick to expand...

No not driver guide or google. You need to go to the laptop manufacture support page (Always)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-correct-audio-driver.100609/
Relevancy 32.25%

Just installed 2x2gb PC-6400 800mhz OCZ ram in my machine and it read's 2814.
I've taken it out and reinstalled it to no avail. Machine spec's.

Intel 3ghz HT
Nvidia 690LT sli mobo
8800 GTS 640mb
580 watt psu
2x2gb PC-6400 800mhz OCZ

I have also stuck in 2gb extra of ram on top of the 4gb in it now and it still read's 2814. Any idea's ??? Thanks

A:Ram Not Reading Correct

If your OS is x32, that is all the ram you will see. It takes the x64 OS to see them all. Hope the problem is simple as such.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reading-correct.99798/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have an eStar external HDD that s been working fine for mths until last days I noticed a MAJOR slow down in my windows explorer and accessing things like recycle bin and my computer Inside explorer I can access Can't HDD, ext access Explorer causes in slowdown all other drives but it s slow to respond I tried to access my H drive and it hung for a good while finally giving me an I O error message I unplugged it shut it off and waited about mins Turned it back on and reconnected and the little window where it was reading the drive came up showing the little flashlight icon whil reading the files It did this for a bit then it froze when I tried to enter the drive If someone pops online on MSN their window goes up and down slowly leaving quot ghost quot trails but once I shut down the ext HDD again all goes back to normal Any ideas on why suddenly it is unaccessable and why it would slow my whole system down Before I tried the ext HDD I did Can't access ext HDD, causes slowdown in Explorer adware spyware and virus checks all with no results It is not VITAL I get this drive back but it does have games on it that I d like to retrieve if it s possible thx for any input nbsp

A:Can't access ext HDD, causes slowdown in Explorer

Chkdsk at the command prompt

Click Start and then Run or hold the windows key & R
In Open, type cmd, and then press ENTER
To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/r, and then press ENTER.
Note: volume is the drive C,D, etc.
Edit: for an example if your external is considered drive f: you would type chkdsk f:/r

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-ext-hdd-causes-slowdown-in-explorer.97329/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey guys im new to techspot so i just need some advice from you experts, ive basically got a watercooling system which is a thermaltake bigwater 760i which work well no issues but the temps seem a bit high for water cooling i might be wrong but i just need your guys opinions on this. The cpu i got is a AMD X2 5200 so the idle temp i get when ALL pc fans are about running half speeds is 45C for the cpu and on the load is 49C-50C MAX. So i think these are a bit high but i dunno and also my pc is near a heater could this have alot of an effect?????

If you guys could give some advise it would be really helpful and also it would make me abit stress free hehe thanks.

A:Are TheSe TeMps Correct?????

the temps are acceptable but could be lower if you move the computer away from the heater of course

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-temps-correct.96382/
Relevancy 17.63%

I'm having an odd problem with my computer. When I attempt to right-click on any movie file(.avi, .mov, .wmv, etc) The screen goes black for 1/2 second or so , then redraws the screen before the menu comes up.
I'm running an Athlon 64X2 4200+ with 1gb ram and a Geforce 6600 Gt, . I've had the same setup for awhile, but this problem is recent. I've tried upgrading the drivers, but doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?
Also, possibly related, WMV files already on my computer only play for about 2 seconds before the video stops. Pausing and playing again don't help.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:Odd video problem selecting videos in windows explorer

Have you plug in the auxiliary power to Geforce 6600GT ?

Have you updated the DirectX ?

Have you tried to re-seat the Geforce 6600GT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-video-problem-selecting-videos-in-windows-explorer.90961/
Relevancy 18.49%

hello
i m devendra i m facing a problem is that , i have 40 GB usb hdd . if i connected to usb port.i view a message is that "found new hardware" come on screen, after couple of second on another message display on screen "New hardware ready to use" after completing all process of detection . when i open my computer /explorer usb hdd volume is not appear in my computer please guide me how to resolve my problem. plz reply as soon as possible

A:no usb hdd is appear in my computer/ explorer

go to start>run and type in diskmgmt.msc. If the hdd is installed properly, it should come up in there, and all you need to do is right click it and assign a letter to it..

if it doesn't appear, then there may be other drives/partition/network drive taking the letter, which you'll need to change, then reboot the pc before you can give it a letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-usb-hdd-is-appear-in-my-computer-explorer.90569/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi! Over the past few days, internet explorer decided not to connect. Msn and other internet dependant services but i got the can not could screen when trying to browse the web. I reinstalled it and got firefox, both worked fine. Then again today they both stopped working. I put my wireless router back to its factory settings and it worked. Anyone know the problem here? The network has a password set by me. And has worked up until now. Help please?

Thanks in advance

A:Internet explorer will not respond

It sounds like you may have a malware problem.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-will-not-respond.89103/
Relevancy 18.06%

i have windows xp and i have recently reformatted my hard drive. When i open internet , the backgrounds and font are messed up. The background is white and and the fonts are larger then normal ( before format ).

A:No Background display in internet explorer

Have you installed all the motherboards drivers like Video and such? If you have a video card, you will need to install it's drivers too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-background-display-in-internet-explorer.88738/
Relevancy 18.06%

I followed this video how-to on accessing the Zune through Windows Explorer and everything worked fine at first. When I went into My Computer and opened my Zune (it showed up fine), everything appeared to work except if I tried to open, copy/paste, or drag and drop any file to or from my Zune it says "Access is Denied." I have Windows Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Zune appears in Windows Explorer but...

Have you installed the Zune software for Vista?

http://www.zune.net/en-US/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zune-appears-in-windows-explorer-but.87154/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have an odd situation. My USB device flashes in Explorer but then goes away. It is trying to take an empty drive letter so I don't understand why it isn't staying. Can anyone help!? Thanks!

A:USB Not showing up in Explorer

Is this an external hard drive? Is it formatted?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-not-showing-up-in-explorer.86022/
Relevancy 18.49%

Well it was really late last night and I was just explorer.exe I help! deleted coming of AIM and on the taskbar was a tab of help! I deleted explorer.exe internet explorer that could not be alt f ctrl alt deleted out of So I hit ctrl alt delete and go to processes and I meant to delete iexplorer exe but I didn t and deleted explorer exe instead so my icons taskbar start menu all disappear I didn t know what to do so I just turn the computer off with the button Later I go to turn it on and it keeps going through restart It says at one point that I need to choose how to start safe mode start windows normally etc but it wont let me select with the arrow keys or any other key I know the keyboard is working because I hit del and saw all the advanced things during start up thanks you for reading any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:help! I deleted explorer.exe

(IF) you can call up 'task manager' (during the startup process), you can restart explorer.exe. Go to 'file' tab and use 'New Task'...Run. I've never tried to call up task mgr. during startup. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-deleted-explorer-exe.81786/
Relevancy 18.06%

Okay I get on my Desktop and it boots good the desktop and all the shortcuts are there the txt and word doc s work same with Pics jpg and movies AVI Mov Mp Divx Even Messenger they all work but then Internet Problem Very with Very explorer Strange i am looking around on my desktop when BAM Is says Internet Explorer Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close The Following add-on was running when this problem occured Add-on name rlcrvcc dll Company name Description rlcrvcc dll Advanced Continue Then i hit continue and be on my way It appears AGAIn then i thit continue and it appears again Very Very Strange Problem with Internet explorer if i go AFK for about minutes ill have of those error messages This also happens instantly when i try to open Internet and then when i thit contine the Browser closes and the quot normal quot Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close sorry for the inconvenience Tell MS about this problem Very Very Strange Problem with Internet explorer yada yada yada This has aslo blocked the using of My virus control which i dont see as a threat because i cant go on the internet So plz People at Techspot HELP ME nbsp

A:Very Very Strange Problem with Internet explorer

For now, use the Internet Explorer (no add-ons)" versions. It's here:

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

Then replace rlcrvcc.dll. Just do a web search for it and save the new copy to c:\Windows\System32

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-very-strange-problem-with-internet-explorer.80480/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I hope that somebody can help me with this I have a Dimension Mhz on XP Home Ed SP I have two DVD writers that suddenly stopped Explorer Not By Writers Problems) Dvd (device Regognised working Dvd Writers Not Regognised By Explorer (device Problems) one day for no apparent reason They show up OK in setup Dvd Writers Not Regognised By Explorer (device Problems) In devices they both show correctly but both with the yellow exclamation mark quot Dvd Writers Not Regognised By Explorer (device Problems) quot for some reason They do not show in Windows Explorer in DOS or any other software Power is OK drivers installed OK have swapped drives and leads and no change The drives used to show as E and F as I have C and D for hard drives Now there is simply no E or F or anything else outside the hard drives Tried the writers individually in case of clash but no joy switched masters to slaves etc Looked at ASPI various versions Nothing doing Very annoying would appreciate any suggestions as I am temporarily out of ideas after many days of work on the problem Not looking to re-load XP as it never works easily and would probably end up in re-doing the whole computer which would take months that I cannot afford Its starting to feel like a hardware problem but I suppose could still be software thanks Chris nbsp

A:Dvd Writers Not Regognised By Explorer (device Problems)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/314060

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-writers-not-regognised-by-explorer-device-problems.78371/
Relevancy 31.82%

I've built a computer for the first time and I'm not sure about a few things.. First of all my memory frequency is only clocked at 266.7mhz. Isn't that really low considering I have dual DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) sticks? Also is my timing good on it or should I modify it in anyway? Thanks for the help!

A:Are my timings/cpu bus speed correct?

Since you haven't posted any information about your system in your profile, you could at least help us & do it here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-timings-cpu-bus-speed-correct.73582/
Relevancy 31.39%

i bought a new WD 160gb Hdd but when i install it winwdows xp SP2 only sees it as a 128gb hdd. will updating the bios on my asus a7n8x mb sort this out or will i need to get a controller card ??

A:Hard disk size not correct

What drive size does the BIOS report? If BIOS gets it wrong, then you need a BIOS update.

As for Windows, make sure that LBA48 is enabled - there's a registry setting for that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-size-not-correct.70582/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, I can not find the driver on nvidia's website for my videocard. I have the 32bit version of Vista Ultimate, and my card is the geforce 7950gt. on the site I go to downloads, then in the boxes I choose graphics driver > geforce and TNT2, and in the last box, I dont know what to put. They have a couple choices, but no 32bit vista. the choices they do have are (not listing all because obvioulsy server and 95 drivers are pointless):
xp/2000
xp mediacenter
xp professional x64
vista x86
vista x64
freebsd
and a few more....

Please help me out. thanks alot! -Nick

A:Please help, can not find correct vista driver for my videocard

The most recent for vista are 100.59 forceware drivers, but its still in beta and quite frankly they suck

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.59.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-can-not-find-correct-vista-driver-for-my-videocard.69593/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have the latest IntelliPoint drivers (5.5), but there is still no way of re-mapping the tilt wheel functions at all. It would be great for games if i could remap to arrow keys for example, because horizontal scrolling isnt recognised in many programs, or ANY games.

Please someone help if they have any idea...

:dead:

A:Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 - How to remap tilt-wheel

not too sure about remapping tilt wheel, but i would try a google search and check with M$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-4-0-how-to-remap-tilt-wheel.46142/
Relevancy 17.63%

Anyone know a possible reason why one would detect it and the other wouldn't?

It's a Maxtor 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 ATA/133.

A:BIOS detects HD, but it doesn't show up in Windows Explorer.

Go to Device manager and see that the new hard drive appear correctly. If its ok, right click on MyComp/Manage, then navigate to Disk management. From here you can make new partitions.
Its not shown up in Explorer cos its not formated and don't contain any win compatible partitions.

Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-detects-hd-but-it-doesnt-show-up-in-windows-explorer.61644/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey there First of all spec in sig Now heres whats happening i at correct record Utilitys wont resolution recently hooked up the avivo on Utilitys wont record at correct resolution my g-card so i can record myself for recording games and things like that I use quot IuVCR quot to record and compress with But recently i have been putting the resolution up on my games and it has posed Utilitys wont record at correct resolution a problem with recording It only seems to record a section of the screen when i go beyond x I tried settings my desktop to its highest resolution x and it done the same BUT the difference was if i moved my mouse to say the bottom of the screen looking at the preview screen on IuVCR the preview screen would move down with it I have looked at all the settings i could find and even tried another capture tool but to no avail Utilitys wont record at correct resolution Its been annoying the hell out me where to find the section to change the resolution it records at lol I also thought it may be a setting in CCC but i went in and it didnt have anything to change the external quot TV quot resolution Anyone know how to get round this if its possible nbsp

A:Utilitys wont record at correct resolution

Never mind, i found out the problem. Just didnt read correctly lol Maximum supported resolution for it is 1024x768.

Sorry for wasting anyones time who read the last post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/utilitys-wont-record-at-correct-resolution.61480/
Relevancy 32.25%

hi, I have recently gathered the pc bits that I wanted and was wandering what psu rating i should be using? I have a 480w at the moment.

my system will be

abit IC7, 800fsb
pentium 4 sck 478 prescott 3.0e/ 800/ 1mb
n vidia a310 / 256MB graphics
dvd rw, cd rw
2xhard drives.

thanks, easystreet

A:CORRECT PSU for my package???

This PSU calculator should help. http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

Remember wattage is not the only important rateing Amperage (A) on the 12V line is also extremely important. The psu should also be from a quality brand (Antec,Enermax,FSP,PC Power & Cooling,Seasonic) many cheep brands overrate their PSUs and lack protection circuicts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-psu-for-my-package.60523/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, I'm having an audio problem. Well with the current codec I can listen to music play games etc, but I can't hear sounds produced by the system itself like when using the task manager, if I visit a webpage with a flash video on it no sound it reproduced and so on. The codec I have isn't certified by Windows and I can't find one that is. I'll attach my dxdiag file if it helps.

A:Help identifying the correct audio codec

According to DXDIAG, you don't have your soundcard drivers installed.
Do you have an integrated sound card, or a PCI sound card?
Also, what is your sound card manufacturer and model?

EDIT:

Welcome to Techspot! (opps, I forgot that before)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-identifying-the-correct-audio-codec.54013/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey, I Just got an error after configuring my msconfig. Windows isnt detecting my creative soundblaster audio card, it worked fine yesterday. I wonder if I accidently unchecked the wrong thing out of my startup. I had my processes up to about 34 yesterday now they are down to about 25 and I cannot access my add hardware in control panel. I have alot of programs that are not running as well in my "services"(kinda like msconfig) (most are manual or disabled) in administrative tools. That were running yesterday. Just want to know if any of you know what could be the service that isnt running that is preventing my audio device from working. Please respond.

A:Audio Problem need help identifying correct service

It would sort of help if we knew what you have disabled..

Windows Audio is pretty obvious, is it not?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problem-need-help-identifying-correct-service.49820/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi there!

My system has two HD's: 1 ATA and 1 SATA (Maxtor 160 GB). XP (SP1) is installed on the ATA one. The SATA is seen by the device manager, and also by the RAID utility (it says it is OK).

However, it doesn't appear in the explorer.

How can it be accessed?

Motherboard: Asus A7V600.

A:SATA drive doesn't appear in XP explorer

Have you tried going into Disk Management to see if the drive shows up there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drive-doesnt-appear-in-xp-explorer.49394/
Relevancy 18.06%

(help) avi files cause explorer.exe to crash

i already tried this:

Start > Run > type regedit and press enter

Navigate to:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

If there is an entry in there with the name DivX in it, delete it.

Now navigate to:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler\
Delete the value (default). It will then appear as an empty value.

Close the registry editor and reboot your computer

there are no DiX entry on the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

& i can't delete the default on this one: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler\

i aslo posted this here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=275802 coz i'm not sure where to post this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-avi-files-cause-explorer-exe-to-crash.49216/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have 3 wired and 1wireless using a router. I am adding, replacing, and switching computer locations, so thought it would be best to do a clean network and re-install from scratch. (I guess there is an easier way, but to much of a network newbee for complications)

I deleted the LAN in the control panel. I also removed the adapter cards from my computers. When I go to Windows Explorer I still have NETWORK PLACES folder and sub folders/locations of ENTIRE NETWORK and MICROSOFT WINDOWS NETWORK and MSHOME. (all folders are empty) I can delete the top folder NETWORK PLACES which get's rid of everything, but if I click on view, & refresh, all of the above file folders/locations re-appear even after a reboot.

Is this as clean as it is going to get?

Thank you for any advice.

A:How to get rid of network in Windows Explorer for a new clean install?

CrashDummy said:

Is this as clean as it is going to get?Click to expand...

Yes.Those folders are the way XP organises things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-get-rid-of-network-in-windows-explorer-for-a-new-clean-install.48810/
Relevancy 18.06%

hi, when i right click on most files on my computer, all windows close and the screen goes blank(background alone stays), and it practically logs back into windows, is there a problem with explorer.exe? any suggestions on a fix? please help me out, this is getting very aggrevating

A:explorer acting retarded, please read

A faulty Explorer shell extension appears to be the problem.Known culprits include Photoshop,Divvx and Spysweeper.

- http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/Right_click_or_Ctrl-C_causing_crash

1.Go to Regedit

2.Key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

In this key, all shell extensions are listed which work with all files. The * is a real star, it does not mean 'any key' here!

3. Choose "Registry" - "export registry", so you can revert your changes later. Choose to export only the selected branch.

4. Now delete one context menu handler after the other, and then try each time in (Windows Explorer) whether right click works again. This way you should find the defective extension.

5. When you have found it, you need to double click the .reg-file created above to restore all shell extensions, and then delete only the malfunctioning extension.

You may have to repeat this with the keys

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

or

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

If the error happens with directories or with virtual folders.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explorer-acting-retarded-please-read.46388/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a Toshiba Tecra TE2100 1.8 GHZ P4 laptop with 768 MB RAM. I purchased an external enclosure for a Maxtor 60 Gig IDE hard drive. After starting Windows XP everything is running normal. As soon as I turn on the hard drive my CPU usage skyrockets to 100% and everything runs incredibly slow if at all and the computer won't shut down. When I turn off the drive things return to normal after about 15 minutes. Sometimes Windows comes up and says the drive is installed and everything runs except for the fact that there is no drive letter, but I believe I found a workaround for this in these forums. If I could just solve this CPU problem I believe everything will be ok. Could these problems be related? I have spent hours trying to figure this one out.
Thanks For Your Help,
A.Leep

A:USB Hard Drive = CPU 100% usage - Explorer

You should try to fond out what is using 100% CPU. It could be your antivirus program or Windows itself or the USB storage drivers. Could be a damaged filesystem on the drive too. Or maybe the drive is bad..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-hard-drive-cpu-100-usage-explorer.46116/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey guys I hope you can help me out Im a bit frustrated I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop thats runs Windows ME I know im not happy about it either Wireless Internet Crashing Card Explorer Well I rescently bought a netgear wireless card for it and whenever I plug it into the card slot after it downloads the hardware info my internet explorer immediately starts crashing over and over telling me quot internet explorer must close quot even if I havent attempted to launch internet explorer The only way to get it to work again is by restoring Wireless Card Crashing Internet Explorer my laptop to a prior time before I had installed the wireless card Even uninstalling the wireless program fails to fix the problem Ive followed all the directions specifically as far as loading updated drivers first but still no luck I know its not the card because I have tried different netgear cards as well as a lynskys card and the same problem happens each time Does anyone have any ideas that could fix the problem and get the card to work and not crash internet explorer Ive had a few people recommend to try upgrading to windows xp but it doesnt seem worth the money it would take to buy xp and the needed memory Does anyone have any ideas to get the wireless card to work while still using Windows ME Thanks I really appreciate the help Keith nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-card-crashing-internet-explorer.45832/
Relevancy 30.53%

my first post i do apologise if this is wrong place etc i ve done some reading first including the sticky but differing temperature rebooting correct? readings on pc...whats still have a question or two some background had windows sp on pc for approx months it was getting very bogged down losing codecs couldn t watch things system was getting full then it started rebooting while using either nero would burn cd s fine differing temperature readings on rebooting pc...whats correct? until use cdtext then system reboot then tmpgenc and divx encoder usage kept rebooting system got to point where system was in rebooting loop unfortunately i just differing temperature readings on rebooting pc...whats correct? decided to format and didn t know at the time about minidumps or anything so have no info pre format at time of format someone mentioned i may have heating problem they showed me how to look into bios and the temp was approx mid s Celsius they cleaned out the pc and the fans best they could but temp only dropped to C with side left off have formatted onto windows xp sp everything fine for almost a month then system starts rebooting again but this time while only using soulseek also freezing first which it didn t do on win spent some time looking at SS forums and it seemed netgear fa ethernet card was culprit upgraded driver and touch wood have no reboots for two days but in looking at this site i downloaded two cpu temp monitors - hmonitor and motherboard monitor both say my system is running approx C while bios still says approx C is my bios wrong i think overall the system is still too hot and i haven t put the encoding programs back in yet to see if they push the system to reboot i ve never upgraded my bios and wondering if i should and looking at the soltek site there seems to be a few upgrades do i just pick the latest one my minidump eventviewer info for latest windows running is The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d x x x xf a A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp i unticked the always reboot button and my last bsod had driver irql not less or equal but i m fairly sure the netgear is at fault there please let me know if i should add anything else i have system specs on my profile thanks nbsp

A:differing temperature readings on rebooting pc...whats correct?

Mmm your system does seem a little on the warm side.

I`d be inclined to believe hmonitor and motherboard monitor.

What cooling do you have?

Maybe you should take off the heatsink, and clean off all the old thermal paste/pad from the heatsink, and cpu die, using some isopropyl alcohol. Then apply some new thermal paste to your cpu die, and reattach the heatsink.

Only apply a very small amount of thermal paste. See HERE for further info about applying thermal paste.

As far as your BSOD`s go. Zip 5 or 6 of your minidumps together, and attach them here.

You might also want to take a look at this thread HERE

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/differing-temperature-readings-on-rebooting-pc-whats-correct.41368/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am trying to access a USB 2.0 HDD on WinXP SP2

It is an IDE Maxtor 300GB PATA133 (EIDE) housed in a Cintre Zdisc Storage Case.

I can see the HDD in Device manager. Which says it is working properly.

However, I cannot see it in Explorer or diskmgmt.msc (i.e. Computer Manatement -> Disk Management).
I expect that I need to format the HDD, however, I can't see it to format it.

Can you Help?

A:My USB2.0 harddrive is NOT recognized in Explorer or Disk Manager

Use Disk Management to format it...

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-usb2-0-harddrive-is-not-recognized-in-explorer-or-disk-manager.37280/
Relevancy 18.06%

I used a USB mb drive to play a little game called ZUMA its not a game that requires an actual install you can copy the folder to your hard drive and click on the exe and play away So I tried the game out on my laptop and decided it was pretty cool the game was located on the USB stick at this point So I closed the game and copied USB is explorer now drive and Used boot. looking on for it the entire folder to my C drive and sent a copy of the exe to the desktop All worked as I planned I re opened the game and played it and was satisfied that the move and the game were unefected What I did not expect was that the next time I booted the laptop and each time since it brings up an error saying Windows Used USB drive and now explorer is looking for it on boot. Explorer Error location F Zuma Delux refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer or it could be on a network It goes on about make sure the disk is in and the Used USB drive and now explorer is looking for it on boot. network is connected bla bla bla So the thing is I am not asking it to go look for the USB F drive I did one time days ago but not since The PC has a C Hard Disk and a D CD DVD drive I need to find where in the boot sequence this request for the F drive is and remove it Please advise Thank you nbsp

A:Used USB drive and now explorer is looking for it on boot.

Rightclick that .exe file on the desktop, select Properties. Change the Start-directory to C:\something and click OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/used-usb-drive-and-now-explorer-is-looking-for-it-on-boot.35390/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi all I don t Explorer Wireless with Laptop a Problems Internet on know if you have experienced such problem but hope some of you can help me on this I am using my wireless laptop in my room last night and once of a sudden I cannot go to most of the websites on IE I tried yahoo hotmail and all of them just returned as quot Cannot Find Server Page cannot be Displayed quot There are a couple websites that work such as tdbank hsbc sounds really weird right I don t have problem with my icq and msn either So I totally have no idea of what s going on I tried to use another browser firefox but it didn t work and then I tried to connect my laptop directly to the modem with the wire and everything works perfect So it shouldn t be any firewall or connection problem then what is going on here Can someone please help By the way I am using the Belkin wireless G router nbsp

A:Problems with Internet Explorer on a Wireless Laptop

WindowsXP conflict with 802.11 wireless?

I have a very similar problem with my ACER laptop.
It's new, and the first week everything was fine but the second week the web page problem started. I can't open Google.com and a few other sites.
IE always says "page cannot be displayed". Firefox says "operation timed out".
Unlike in the previous case, Yahoo is fine. MSN,Microsoft, Symantec and most others also no problem.
It all started after I downloaded a bunch of WindowsXP patches from Microsoft and the latest Norton Anti-Virus definitions on August 27, 2005.
I've fiddled with so many settings in IE, WindowsXP, and Norton Anti-Virus that I can't remember them all, but nothing has an effect.

I use my laptop's built-in 802.11g wireless card(broadcom) and I suspect a conflict between the latest WindowsXP Updates and the newest wireless protocols. Or maybe there's some new, unrecognized Mal-ware out there.

I've read too many postings about a wireless laptop all of a sudden not opening some websites in August 2005. Or did the same person post around different sites?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-internet-explorer-on-a-wireless-laptop.31654/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have just baught a conxant adsl router and i got 2 pcs connected to it. everything is connected up and i can connect to the internet. i can use the aol software to brouse the net and i can use me other programs that use the net but my internet explorer is either not loading up pages tidy or not at all. search engines work but websites like hotmail or myspace wont work. im using the aol program atm but i have always used IE so if anyone can help me plz feel free to do so

A:Internet Explorer problem

Are you proxy settings configured right on IE for your network? Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings.

Easy solution: Firefox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-problem.31864/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey all, I'm going absolutely nuts. I'm building a new system up for my mom and the parts she bought are fubar! The old board wouldn't format the HDD when I tried to install windows XP pro on it, though the hard drive did fine loading in my PC. Bought a new board and it won't POST. I had the Bus set to 233MHz which is what AMD lists as the frequency for the AthalonXP 2800+, but when I put the processor back in the old board to make sure I didn't fry the processor it read it's bus speed as 100MHz. I upped the speed to 233 on that board and it stopped posting. Do I have a bunk chip? If so, is the old board actually ok?

I'll post all the specs of the boards when I get back, but any 1st thoughts would be appreciated.

A:new board won't POST, Processor not running at correct speed

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The correct front side bus speed for your athlon 2800+ cpu is 166mhz. By setting it to 233mhz this constitutes a massive overclock, and that is why your system wont post.

If you look at the cpu specs below you will see that the Athlon xp 2800+ has an fsb of 333mhz which is means it should be set to 166mhz. 166mhz X the multiplier of 12.5 = 2083mhz clock speed.

See HERE for athlon specs.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-wont-post-processor-not-running-at-correct-speed.31439/
Relevancy 18.49%

The computer that I use is connected by LAN to a cyber cafe, my problem is that Interner Explorer is not opening some sites that I need to visit because of my DTP work. It open sites like techspot.com, yahoo.com, msn.com and google.com but not sites like fontfreak.com or photoshop101.com. This is very frustrating, when I go to the cyber cafe the computers there open any of the sites that I can't open here. What is the problem? Please, any one, help.

A:Internet Explorer

A. Stop using IE, first. I HIGHLY suggest getting firefox at www.getfirefox.com.

B. What is the error that you get when you attempt to open those pages? the generic 404? or something else?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer.30440/
Relevancy 31.82%

i'm trying to fit a 160 gig hdd to my pc to replace the 12 gig which is partitioned 8 and 4 but the new hdd is being seen by the pc as an 8 gig can anybody advise me thanks dave. :blush:

A:not recognising correct size of hdd

What did you do?
What says that your new drive is 8GB?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-recognising-correct-size-of-hdd.27141/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello,
I have a Athlon XP barton core 2500+ processor sitting on an Asus A7V600-X with (2) 256MB sticks of Corsair Value Select.

In BIOS, the CPU Speed is 1467 MHz , bus speed is 133/33, and multiplier is 11.0x. I can't remember exactly what the ram is... (either PC2700 or PC3200) but do I need to change these settings or is the correct speed for a XP2500+?

I'm not interested in OC'ing or anything, just want to be running at the right speed.

Thanks
Ed

A:Athlon XP 2500 processor running at 1467MHz. Is that correct?

That is definately not the correct speed for your processor, I run an xp2000+ and its normal clock speed is 1666 Mhz. In your bios there is a setting for front side bus (fsb) speed, u need to set that correctly for your particular processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-xp-2500-processor-running-at-1467mhz-is-that-correct.26941/
Relevancy 30.53%

Where can I find the correct mounting hardware for an old HD to install in a new Dell computer? The old HD was mounted horizontally. It looks like the Dell uses a vertical approach. Shouldn't this stuff be easy to find?? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

A:Where find correct mounting hardware for old HD in new Dell computer

You can mount hard drives in any direction you like. Usually the only hardware you need to mount a HD is screws.

If you really need some brackets or rails to mount a hard drive in your new Dell then the Dell salesman is the man to approach.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-find-correct-mounting-hardware-for-old-hd-in-new-dell-computer.26516/
Relevancy 18.06%

hello to all, i just got my pc and my sata drive isnt recognised. ive got 1 80gig ide and a 200gig sata, i hav a A8v deluxe mainboard and a athlon 3500+. the device manager can c it and i can see it in the bios, but it isnt listed in windows explorer. if ne has ne idea wats wrong plz hlp

A:sata drive not seen in windows explorer

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drive-not-seen-in-windows-explorer.24085/
Relevancy 17.63%

I was using windows xp to format a hard drive, when it reached 100% it said

Failed to format hard diskClick to expand...

Since then, I have been unable to open my computer in windows explorer when the hard drive is present in the system.

I don't have a clue how I might go about getting my hard drive running again as i can't even get to it to start formatting it again. I don't mind about the data on it so an extreme solution is acceptable.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ben

A:Format Failed Now Windows Explorer Crashes

We've had simliar problems here lately. Most of the time booting from Dos on a floppy (not ms-dos, the old one) and running fdisk to format/delete the partition and then install windows. Hope it works for ya.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/format-failed-now-windows-explorer-crashes.23865/
Relevancy 18.06%

I was formating a Fujitsu external hd. i think i deleted something i shouldn't have. anyway it is not visible now in Explorer. how can i get it back?

A:External HD not visible in Explorer

try right clicking on my computer, click manage, click disk management, on the bottom right of the window, scroll down until you find your drive. assign a drive letter to it. if it's not there well you gotta try something else.

Hello and Welcome to Techspot :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hd-not-visible-in-explorer.23327/
Relevancy 18.06%

My secondary drive, d:\, is gone from the explorer, vanished !

I rebooted, went to the bios and my disk was not there.

The computer was running all night and I saw the problem this morning after wake up.

What next ?

Disk : Maxtor, 80 Gig, model : 6L080J4

Thanks a lot .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-not-detected-by-the-explorer-and-not-by-the-bios.20484/
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently purchased a DVR-RW drive from my existing computer which already has a DVD drive and a CDRW drive. First of all, is it possible to connect all the drives at one time. Currently I have the first IDE cable connected to the hard drive and the second IDE connected to the CDRW and DVD as Master and Slave respectively. I know that the DVDRW should be a master, but how should the other drives be connected.

Thanks for your help,
Michael

A:Correct config for 3 optical drives

You will have to put one of the drives as a slave to the hard disk. Depending on what kind of IDE controller you have you may lose HD performance unless one of your optical drives uses ATA66 or above.

The master device should be the one with highest priority so on the secondary IDE you should masterise the drive you will be using the most.

The drive sharing the cable with the HD should be the one you use the least so it wouldn't take away bandwidth from the HD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-config-for-3-optical-drives.19827/
Relevancy 18.49%

explorer.exe error

This is my first time posting and also joining this site lol I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why i get an explorer.exe application error when i boot my computer? I tried finding the same problem elsewhere but did not have any luck. It said the explorer application at "0x015b39ee" at the extension (I think that is what it said) "0x00000000" could not be "written." It isn't really casuing any problems with anything but unless I click OK on that menu box I can't access anything else. I would like to provide more information about the error but it doesn't really give me much specifics to type. I would greatly appreciate any help!! Thanks!! :slurp:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explorer-error.18638/
Relevancy 30.53%

I had been having problems with Windows XP Professional- blue screen crashes So I decided to do a fresh Abit KV8-MAX3- Correct problem- RAID Drivers? install of Windows XP Pro First I updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest Next I booted hit F amp entered the RAID setup Previously I had RAID but I deleted the RAID did a low level RAID problem- Abit KV8-MAX3- Correct Drivers? format of both hard drives from the RAID setup amp then created a RAID mirrowing In my motherboard BIOS the Hard disk priority is set to quot on chip SATA RAID quot My serial hard drives are connected to SATA amp on the motherboard Next I rebooted with my WindowsXP Professional CD loaded and came to Windows Setup pressed F then quot S quot when prompted and loaded VIA Destination version E SATA drivers which I downloaded fron VIA s web site At the Windows Professional Setup screen quot To Set Up Windows Now Press Enter quot which I did quot Setup did not find any Hard Drives in your computer quot is what I got In the BIOS there are no hard drives listed Can anyone advise so that I can load my OS amp get my system running again Did I use the correct RAID drivers Am I correctly set in the motherboard BIOS at Hard disk priority to quot on chip SATA RAID quot On the original CD that came with the motherboard there are HPT amp HPT drivers on the CD Does SATA RAID ports amp use Highpoint or the VIA SATA drivers Thanks so much I am about to start kicking the dog Thira nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-problem-abit-kv8-max3-correct-drivers.17548/
Relevancy 31.39%

hi. problem with audio. it doesn't work. i scanned my notebook w/ everest and audio came up as the following:

Device Description Type
Intel 82801BA(M) ICH2 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-2] PCI

i've loaded several drivers for this card from realtek and non seem to work completely. i've tried:

-wdm345 this is the only one where i can playback audio cd's through windows 98 default cd player. windows media player doesn't recognized, nor does any other software.
-wdm354a
-wdm365 or 364 whichever. this is supposed to be good for most all os's. and is the only one to make my pc crash
-apa345

so of course im running win 98. this notebook used to have w2k but that pooped on me. all i had was 98. so anyone have any ideas?
thanks
vern

A:need help finding correct audio driver

Hello please try this link and see if it helps.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-finding-correct-audio-driver.16905/