Windows Support Forum

"Bios not installed"

Q: "Bios not installed"

After I installed a new hard drive and re-installed XP Pro, SP3 I cannot get the CPU to recognize my (2) SATA, 80 GB drives. It did register, format and install (2) IDE hard drives. I was running with (4) drives prior to my "C" drive going down. Now when I try to load the two Sata drives, either one or both, I get the error "Bios not Installed". Can anyone help help me find an installation disc for my ASUS P4P800-E motherboard? Or, can I install the Bios using some other means? I did go to www.ASUS.com and downloaded all of the drivers related to this motherboard. I saved them to my hard drive, but I am not sure what to do with them.

Any help will be appreciated...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Bios not installed"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "Bios not installed"

Go here ands get your downloads!

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...el=P4P800%20SE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bios-not-installed-326089.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Good Evening All,

I having a problem with my Dell Latitude D610.

I went to update the BIOS and it said that the battery is not installed despite the laptop running solely off of battery power!

I have ran the dell device diagnostic and device manager and no issue appears to be with the battery. When you check the battery info in the BIOS settings it says the batteries are not installed and also when you log into XP it constantly says running off of AC power even when its not plugged in!

Any one got any ideas what could be causing this and how it can be solved?

Thanks Nick

A:Dell Latitude "battery not installed" preventing BIOS update

It may be referring to the CMOS battery which is wired to the computer beneath the keyboard. The battery can be replaced for $8.95 to $29.95 depending on where you purchase...

But regardless, you do have a problem that must be resolved. The D610 has been one strange little irrelevant problem after another... but you cannot afford to irritate it and have that mysterious unremovable password appear as it has on so many D610 and D620 Dells.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-battery-not-installed-preventing-bios-update.135990/
Relevancy 90.3%

ever since i (partially) installed an Audigy sound card, i get a message that reads "No drive attached to FasTrak controller, the BIOS is not installed" every time i boot up. this is annoying, but not too annoying, because it is only ther for about 2 seconds.

far more annoying is that ever since i upgraded Netscape 7.0 to 7.1, the Program Files folder opens up at startup. what makes it annoying is that i have to close it each and every time i boot up.

any help with stopping either of these unwanted occurrences would be much appreciated.

A:"BIOS not installed" message and Java folder opens on startup

{bump}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-not-installed-message-and-java-folder-opens-on-startup.181997/
Relevancy 90.3%

Long story short:
I finished using DBAN to wipe my hard drive clean in preparation for my Windows 8 installation, and I forgot to switch back to UEFI Boot Mode. (DBAN will *not* start unless legacy BIOS is activated.)

Have I reduced the performance of my computer in any way by doing this? Will I need to reinstall the OS in order to gain maximum performance?

System Specs
Dell Inspiron 660
Intel B75 Express Chipset
Windows 8 64-bit Home Edition

A:I accidentally installed Windows 8 with "Legacy BIOS" activated. Am I Okay?

Since it sounds like you've just installed Windows 8, it might be easiest and faster to just start over & reinstall with UEFI enabled.

While there's no guarantee that your hardware will boot more quickly with Windows 8 installed with UEFI enabled, it is highly likely that you will see some performance improvement. You will also be able to enjoy the added security of the Safe Boot features of UEFI.

For more info on UEFI, you can visit their main website --- UEFI - About UEFI

If you are feeling adventurous, however, I'll paste in a link here that has a somewhat complicated procedure to switch Windows 8 to UEFI without reinstalling Windows.
https://gitorious.org/tianocore_uefi...4_BIOS_to_UEFI

Best of luck,
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/i-accidentally-installed-windows-8-with-legacy-bios-activated-am-i-okay-683832.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I m K8V Solved: at installed" not "bios Deluxe stops trying to help a friend s son build his first computer from over the phone He s built a system based on an Asus K V Deluxe He called me about seeing the quot bios not installed quot error I explained that this was normal as he s not using RAID What is happening though is that right after that the system stops and I simply cannot remember if this is normal if there is not yet an Solved: K8V Deluxe stops at "bios not installed" OS installed or a disk in any removeable drive Is it If it is not what sort of problems should I look for I Solved: K8V Deluxe stops at "bios not installed" know this is a stupid question but I have a serious case of brain dead tonight I also have this board I m fairly Solved: K8V Deluxe stops at "bios not installed" certain there s nothing catastrophic happening but it s been long enough since I put this system together I can t remember the experience Unfortunately I cannot reboot my system right now to see what happens next Can someone remind me please If he doesn t sort this out for himself tonight I ll be visiting him tomorrow Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Solved: K8V Deluxe stops at "bios not installed"

Take the Raid out of the boot order via the bios. If there is no floppy disk or formatted hard drive, it has no where else to go....you have to be trying to boot to something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-k8v-deluxe-stops-at-bios-not-installed.325700/
Relevancy 89.87%

can anyone help with this as I can't find a solution anywhere every time I boot my pc up I get a "new CPU installed" message appear in bios asking me to enter setup or load default values i have done this several times entering different values into the bios and starting it on default values even thou I have been running the pc for a year I tried resetting the car CMOS switch removed and replaced the battery changed the ram sticks around, I've removed the CPU and found one of the pins was bent and straighten it
can't think what it might be

A:"new CPU installed" message keeps appearing bios start up

That is typical when you change a CPU. Have you gone to bios and loaded optimized defaults, save and exit? And in bios does it recognize the correct CPU you have now? are you sure the CPU is properly seated? Other than those things, all I can think of is reflash bios or call technical support who are going to probably tell you to flash bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237201-new-cpu-installed-message-keeps-appearing-bios-start-up.html
Relevancy 89.01%

purchased a p4c800E. Tried to create a RAId 1 array. Setting xp up in new XP Pro installation but, wont go into setup and posts the following message:
"No drives on FastTrak controller, Bios not installed." I was able to go into setup of XP Pro when floppy with Intel IAA raid controller was in floppy but in the end, a similar message: "No drives installed, check connections...
I was told the HDD had to be identical. Please help. Frustrated at this point. I was able to set up with the two drives in SATA 1 and SATA 2 and no array. "....No bios installed" message still appears but, it does open into XP Pro.

Relevancy 88.15%

Just installed a new k8v se mb into an existing system and it won't boot. Keep getting the error "no bios installed" and something about no drive connected to fast trak. There are two ide hdd installed in the system as well as two cd rom dives. It has win xp home os already on the master hdd. Any help you can offer is most appreciated. Thanks

A:"no bios installed" after new k8v se deluxe mb installed

you cant just swap motherobards and expect windows to boot. when windows installs it creates the HAL ( Hardware Abstraction Layer) which is specific to the machine that windows is being installed on. if the motherboard you are installing is the same as the one you removed then you shouldnt have a problem but if they are different then it wont boot. you will have to either do a clean install (best option) or do a repair install over the existing installation to fix the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bios-installed-after-new-k8v-se-deluxe-mb-installed.37919/
Relevancy 87.29%

- Specs Asus P P -E Deluxe P GHz w HT mushkin MB GB total -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC - Nvidia other "BIOS Installed" Not and problems... GeForce GS Western Digital JB IDE-main drive gb mb cache RPM "BIOS Not Installed" and other problems... Western Digital KS SATA-dump drive gb mb cache RPM w Antec TruePower psu The SATA drive is new and Windows recognizes it All data is accessible from both HDDs quot - Symptoms and boot sequence - When first booting up I get to the POST screen Everything pauses for about seconds at quot Checking NVRAM quot Everything resumes just fine - After the hard drives are recognized I see a quot Checking for BIOS quot screen with period after period appearing one period after another then it says quot BIOS not installed quot - Then it sits on a blinking cursor for at least seconds After that i see the Windows loading screen Windows boots fine and everything is OK But the fact that it says quot BIOS not installed quot and my "BIOS Not Installed" and other problems... boot "BIOS Not Installed" and other problems... time is over minutes is quite disturbing - I get a BSOD when resuming from Standby with the error code x F I ve found THIS on the Windows support site But the problem is the new drive does NOT have windows installed on it - I also get a Device Manager error from my WinXP Promise FastTrak Controller under the quot SCSI and RAID controller quot sub-menu I ve tried updating the BIOS using the Asus Update tool but the tool wont install because it can t see any motherboard information And I do NOT have a floppy drive I ve reset the CMOS for the heck of it just to see how everything acts No fix nbsp

A:"BIOS Not Installed" and other problems...

The BIOS it is referring to is the BIOS EXTENSIONS (probably for a raid controller).
You usually get this when you have a disk controller present that has no recognisable disk attached.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-not-installed-and-other-problems.584630/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I'm using Windows th - x and when I install EMET final the EMET system service is installed with the quot delayed start quot flag and the service and never starts after a reboot The "delayed settings 5.5 "DEP/ASLR service ineffective Policy are installed start" as by final and EMET default" same thing happened with the beta version I didn't notice it until the final EMET 5.5 final service installed as "delayed start" and "DEP/ASLR Policy settings are ineffective by default" was released This issue doesn't EMET 5.5 final service installed as "delayed start" and "DEP/ASLR Policy settings are ineffective by default" occurs with EMET I switched the service back to the normal Automatic not delayed start and EMET 5.5 final service installed as "delayed start" and "DEP/ASLR Policy settings are ineffective by default" everything seems to be working again I was wondering if anyone else experienced this issue Also can someone enlighten me about this warning message quot DEP ASLR Policy settings are ineffective by default see user's guide on how to enable them quot It appears when I enable the DEP ASLR EMET GPO I couldn't find any reference to this warning message in the user guide DEP seems to be enabled I have no idea how to check for ALSR other than Process hacker that shows ASLR as N A Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/344d1ba5-bd12-421a-a2e2-410e1217d67a/emet-55-final-service-installed-as-quotdelayed-startquot-and-quotdepaslr-policy-settings-are?forum=emet
Relevancy 85.14%

This is not really a problem more like a nerdy technical question since I like being informed about the goings-on in my PC I hope I posted it in the right section since IMVU would probably fall instead IMVU Files" "Program in "AppData\Roaming" of Installed more under quot game quot than anything else I have always been curious as to why would the developers of the chat client IMVU decide to have the program install within C Users username AppData Roaming IMVUClient previous versions did so under quot Documents and Settings quot instead of quot Program Files quot or quot Program Files x quot on Windows I am also curious if this unconventional choice could potentially make my PC vulnerable to attacks Now the program works fine AFAIK but I m puzzled by IMVU Installed in "AppData\Roaming" instead of "Program Files" this I m the kind of user who likes having the choice of installing apps in a drive other than C to free space in C for portability etc and who gets nervous when apps do not install or behave the way that I m used to I was told by someone more knowledgeable than me that it was probably a lazy way to get around administrative install rights in Windows Vista and Windows He also added that the cache data of the program shouldn t IMVU Installed in "AppData\Roaming" instead of "Program Files" be in Roaming when there is no upper limit or even default size set on it And yes this has been asked on their forums but no staff member ever answered it only a forum mod who didn t IMVU Installed in "AppData\Roaming" instead of "Program Files" have a clue Any ideas Or am I being overly paranoid Ed nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Entering the bios limits me to certain options. Is there anyway to access the other options? sorry, newbie here.

A:No "usb legacy support" "qfan" options on my asus laptop bios.

If your BIOS doesn't include such options, then they simply are not there.

I don't know about hacking BIOS's, and I wouldn't suggest it at all. You could brick your motherboard.

However, you should check with your manufacturer's website and see if there is an update available for the BIOS that may increase available options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/222756-no-usb-legacy-support-qfan-options-my-asus-laptop-bios.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I have seen many posts for the quot bios cannot be installed quot error message but none seem to is "The bios installed" not be useful to me I have a knackard DVD burner i only had it a few days so took it back to the shop and swopped it for the same one "The bios is not installed" Came back plugged it in and now my pc wont boot and i keep getting this error message It will show the message hang attempt to boot from cd as i set in bios then switch off I had a faf for a while and got nowhere Next i STUPIDLY pressed quot Load Bios Settings quot in bios instead of Save and Exit now i get an MSI screen which hangs then goes to BIOS Where do i start Please help I was also looking to format it once i had installed the new drive so no need to worry about keeping information if this is an issue just need my pc back Thanks Mark

A:"The bios is not installed"

Welcome to TSF....

You may have to go to the manufacturers web site for the motherboard and get the latset flash file for the BIOS (BIOS Upgrade) and download it on another computer and get their instructions on how to flash the BOS and follow it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/the-bios-is-not-installed-305905.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have Windows XP Pro., sp3.

When you install a new program, what determines where it is listed: All Users>Start Menu>Programs or "user name">Start Menu>Programs?

reoneill

A:What determines if a program is installed under "All Users" or "user name"?

Usually some of the programs give you an option to install it under your user name or for all users during the setup process. So say if I was installing (CVTae) a resume programming on a Windows XP computer it will after the installation process ask me if I want to install it as all users (so it will show up on the all users start menu so everyone can see it) or just for me. That's where you can decide for yourself where you want to install it.

'So usually it's the user's choice of where it's listed in most cases, but certainly not in all cases.

Hope that helps mate.
Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-determines-if-a-program-is-installed-under-all-users-or-user-name.744798/
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm trying to find the settings called "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" both in bios but i can't find them.

Does anyone know where they are? Like under what options in bios?

A:Where are "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" located in bios?

They may not be there at all. If the modem is built into the board, maybe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-are-modemringon-and-pme-wake-up-event-located-in-bios.789506/
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm trying to find the settings called "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" both in bios but i can't find them.

Does anyone know where they are? Like under what options in bios?

A:Where are "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" located in bios?

BIOS's vary widely; there is no standard features that are included. It's possible your BIOS has neither of them.

If these are features you are interested in exist, the first thing to do is to check the motherboard manufacturer's web site's "support" page, and find out what the latest version of BIOS is available for your motherboard, compare that to what you actually have on your motherboard, and then read the change log to see if possible these features were added.

You can also research these features by Googling the text "ModemRingOn" and the model number of your motherboard "GA-XYZ123" in the same search, in order to filter hits that are limited to those that include references to both of these qualities. Look for forum posts, and other technical sites & information.

Also, look for the User Manual for your motherboard on-line. Sometimes these include information on the BIOS of the motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-are-modemringon-and-pme-wake-up-event-located-in-bios-334129.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

Another question/puzzle. Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

I clean installed W8.1 three days ago, and the first thing I did was bring it up to date with all the offered updates. All installed successfully and I thought no more of it. At some point after this I made a system image backup, which today I have restored to. When I now look at the "classic" windows update screen it says I have never checked for updates and none are installed. Forcing a check for updates brings only two up as can be seen in the pictures. If I go to "view installed updates" then there is a lot of stuff in there, whih I assume could be the previously installed original batch.
I'm guessing this is normal behaviour but it seems slightly odd (the on screen messages at least)

A:No update history says "never checked" & "never installed"

Not odd... Considering that is a "clean install"(albeit with integrated updates) - thus no update history (file) exists.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47960-no-update-history-says-never-checked-never-installed.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

After privacy protection installed itself I no longer have a desktop. The task bar is still on the screen as well as the start menu. But when I click on the start menu there is nothing on it. The only programs that are running are " privacy protection", "windows security center", and "XP anti-virus 2012". All three of these are running completely by themselves and I never installed or downloaded any of them. I cannot get on the internet or do anything with my computer. I know that privacy protection and XP anti-virus 2012 are fake virus protection but when my computer was still somewhat functional, these programs did not allow me to run anything which made it hard to fight it off. I have some really important stuff on my computer and I would hate to lose it all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-or-icons-in-start-menu-after-privacy-protection-installed-itself.1028889/
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

hi

just checking to see if in bios there was a reason why ALL my usb ports are dead....
when i click on USB configuration in bios i see the following:

USB configuration

Legacy USB support (enabled)
usb 2.0 controller (enabled)
usb 2.0 controller mode (full speed)

->USB Mass storage device configuration

usb mass storage device reset delay (20 sec)

no usb mass storage device detected

between the two lines is the exact script from the bios page
should it say usb devices enabled :none ?
could that be why NONE of my usb's are working?

if so, now what?

thanks, you guys have been GREAT!!

A:bios usb listed as "enabled " "none" WHAT??

Can you change that status in the BIOS setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-usb-listed-as-enabled-none-what.613333/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi --

I just migrated to a new hard drive and did a clean install of Win7 (did not have SP1 on the DVD).

During the Updating process, windows stopped working and I received an error, something about running Update again, etc. So I rebooted and finished the Upgrading process...no further problems noted.

However, I view the "Installed Updates" and see that KB2604114 and about 20 other updates "FAILED." But when I view the "Update History," it lists KB2604114 and the others as "installed."

I'm confused. Are the updates I'm referring to "FAILED" or are they properly installed?

Thanks!

A:Win7 - "View Update History" vs. "Installed Update"

In your description, you might have switched the observations.

"History" is a log that tracks attempts at installing specific updates. One user might have multiple failed attempts for a particular update; or multiple successful attempts if one was looking for a source of a problem.

"Installed updates" records the last successful installation of a specific update; no timestamp, just the date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/247462-win7-view-update-history-vs-installed-update.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I'm pretty desperate for help with this issue I've been searching on Google for the last three and a half hours for a solution but came up with nothing so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone can tell me what's up I turned on my laptop today to find that there was a little red 'x' over the audio symbol and upon further inspection it turned out that there was no I HAVE Device one? Output Installed", but "No Audio installed Is audio driver installed I wasn't very bothered about it at first because after a Windows update once I had to reinstall it and everything ran smoothly from there because I just reinstalled the driver which originally came with the laptop Now this is the problem I tried installing the driver and the installation seemed to go fine I was prompted to restart did so but when I logged in after the reboot I was still getting the quot No Audio Output Device Is Installed quot error I searched around tried a different Realtek HD driver Same result Tried again with a different driver no "No Audio Output Device Is Installed", but I HAVE installed one? luck Wax on wax off I can't figure out why it's happening but maybe someone here can For reference my Laptop's "No Audio Output Device Is Installed", but I HAVE installed one? a Sony Vaio VPCCW S E running Windows Home Premium and I have tried to install the drivers available from Sony for this laptop but they don't work either Thanks

A:"No Audio Output Device Is Installed", but I HAVE installed one?

First you might want to press the Windows key and the pause/break key. That will open the System screen, once there go to Advanced system settings, upper left. In the window that opens go to the Hardware tab and click the Device Installation Settings button. Select No, let me chose what to do, and Never install driver software from Windows update. This will stop windows from replacing/updating that driver to the one that doesn't work. Then I guess I would go to Programs and Features and uninstall and reinstall your sound drivers. Or go to Device manager and uninstall your sound card, reboot and do the driver install again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/212332-no-audio-output-device-installed-but-i-have-installed-one.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

When an IBM compatible computer is first turned on, the hardware runs a Power-On Self Test (POST). If errors are encountered during this POST test, they are usually displayed via an audio beep or in the form of a code number flashed across the screen. With this audio code in hand, you can determine what part of the system is having problems and find a solution.

<small>The pattern of beeps whether its the number of beeps or the length of those beeps will give you an indication of the actual problem. Its a distress signal from the computer in a morse code like pattern. Unless you have a diagnostic card to tell you more about the particular problem, you will have to use the charts below to decipher the computer error and get your machine back up and running.
Source: </small>BIOS Error Beep Codes

A:BIOS "POST" Beep Codes for AMI and Phoenix BIOS

handy.......
thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247133-bios-post-beep-codes-ami-phoenix-bios.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

With my continuing efforts to assist my brother in tailoring his new ThinkPad X Yoga laptop I've recently Office "Fighting 2016 Post-Installed 2010 Office Pre-Installed With" discovered an unexpected problem relating to Microsoft Office and specifically at this point with Word As indicated in this post's title his laptop came with Office pre-installed Subsequently Office was installed by his I T staff to eliminate the extra expense of leasing via Office or purchasing activating the resident Office code But Windows seems determined to make using Office unnecessarily difficult Specifically regarding Word with docx associated with this version whenever one clicks on a docx document Windows pops up a message stating something like this is a rough paraphrase I can't recall the exact wording quot This application cannot run on your Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 PC Please go to the Microsoft store to find an application that will work with this file quot However docx files open easily from within Word Being curious I'm all for understanding the how's why's and wherefor's of this seeming impediment but I don't want to unduly burden any readers respondents with an explanation I'd be happy just to learn how to Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 correct this situation i e to be able to click on a docx file and have it open within Word Perhaps it's necessary to uninstall Office It might be Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 preferable to find another solution in the event my brother may at some point want to go ahead and start using Office Is there a way to accomplish this without doing a total Office uninstall I appreciate whatever ideas you could send my way Thanks Thri From looking at my brother's system it appears that Outlook is no longer necessarily included in the Office suite of products Is that correct Perhaps same with OneNote I recently downloaded for free OneNote onto my brother's computer Upon searching for the executables exe files I found them within a Microsoft Office folder Hmm kind of wonder why it's not called Microsoft Office

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/62545-pre-installed-office-2016-fighting-post-installed-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 72.67%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 72.24%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 72.24%

I have an asus m5a99fx mobo with windows 7 64 bit (retail version) installed in bios mode. Is there any way I can change the mode to UEFI without reinstalling windows?

A:Going from "bios mode" to "UEFI mode" with windows7

No. You will have to reinstall Windows. Unless you have a very specific need to use UEFI, leave it as it is. There are no real advantages in changing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/344390-going-bios-mode-uefi-mode-windows7.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello there so i have the No audio output device is installed message from vista and need to get rid of it. Im not for sure what happened when i upgraded to windows vista ultimate from windows XP it for some reason messed up my speakers?

A:Solved: I Have that awesome.."No audio output device is installed" message...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-have-that-awesome-no-audio-output-device-is-installed-message.879619/
Relevancy 71.81%

I just bought a new DVD Burner but figured it wasnt TOO tough to install I am less than skilled at this stuff but the guy at Best Buy basically said it wasnt hard and it could be done no problem So i opened a relatively older about - years tower unscrewed the cd drive i wanted to take out and then slid the new dvd burner in its place plugged in the necessary wires drives did installed any in find hard ??? "Setup not your disk computer..." and i thought i was in business turns out for whatever "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer..." ??? reason i couldnt see the drive when i went to quot my computer quot so i thought that maybe i plugged in the wrong wire i un plugged one plugged in another that was hanging down and then my computer just shut off now i am getting message thats telling me quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot am i dealing strictly with a problem where i have the wrong things plugged in or did i fry my hard drive Any "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer..." ??? help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer..." ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.681329/
Relevancy 71.81%

Okay guys I m at 12, not driver 9550 code installed Radeon is AGP using "ati e-machine correctly", my wits end In the device manager there are two entries for the video card one being called secondary The primary one has a code When I load up Windows and the ATI control panel goes to load it gives me an error saying that the driver is either not installed or not installed correctly and then proceeds to AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine close I have disabled the onboard video in safe mode uninstalled the onboard video drivers as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the ATI drivers about a million different times in a AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine million different ways According to e-machines tech support you can t disable onboard video in the BIOS ATI tech support told me that I needed to upgrade my BIOS and that this problem was common on e-machines but then e-machines proceeded to tell me that there was not a BIOS update available for my machine So one big resounding WTF from me As for my specs I am not entirely sure how to give them to you but here is a link to my particular model on e-machines website I recently upped the RAM to MB At this point I am just wondering if I ought to save up my money for a better machine nbsp

A:AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine

what are the specs of your current machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-radeon-9550-code-12-ati-driver-is-not-installed-correctly-using-e-machine.35874/
Relevancy 71.81%

I noticed a 'check mark' icon in my system tray and on investigating it is a program called "Malware Protection Live". It just suddenly was there...It shows up in Control Panel > Programs and Features and it appears I could uninstall it there....It says it was installed yesterday, but I have no recollection of installing anything yesterday.

I'm running Norton Security with a current subscription and all Windows Updates are / have been in place.

I planned to upgrade to Windows 10 tomorrow while I'm working from home on my laptop, but I'd like to get this dealt with. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

A:"Malware Protection Live" Suddenly Installed Yesterday- How to Remove?

Malware Protection Live is a infection. Have you downloaded anything in the last few days. If you did it probable came along as a rider.

This should help you.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/inde...-live-protect/

I also recommend using AdwCleaner from Bleeping Computer. Select the Download button for Bleeming Computer not the authors button.

AdwCleaner Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/379012-malware-protection-live-suddenly-installed-yesterday-how-remove.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi- Thank you for reading and wanting to help From reading most of the topics on this site I realize I am at a very beginner level of computer literacy so please bear with me if my questions and descriptions sound silly Tonight when I started up my computer I got this message in a bubble coming from an icon representing quot Antivirus System Pro alert quot in the tray on the bottom right quot picture of white x in red circle Windows Security Alert Windows reports that computer is infected Antivirus software helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats Click here for the scan you computer Your system might be at risk now quot Well I realize now Up Pro Popping System installed never program this "Antivirus Messages Alert" BUT i as I typed it it has a grammatical error which "Antivirus System Pro Alert" Messages Popping Up BUT i never installed this program gives it away as not real but anyway I clicked on it and apparently I have installed some demo version of something called quot Antivirus System Pro alert quot So I went to CP to remove the program but it is not there in the list So question one- where is the program so I can remove it Question two- I purchased BIT Defender Total Security for about so if this is a virus or something why did it not catch it And now that stupid window keeps popping up along with another window on its own at the bottom right with the header of the box being quot Antivirus System Pro alert quot saying quot INFILTRATION ALERT Your computer is being attacked by an Internet Virus It could be a password-stealing attack a trojan-dropper or similar DETAILS Attack from port Attacked port Threat Win Nuqel E Do you want block this attack quot And then I have to pick yes or no so I hit quot no quot just to make it go away This also continues to pop up Then I have a box in the middle of the screen pop up- it looks related b c the header is red with white writing just like the box I just described above This one says quot Spyware Alert quot in the header- if you need more details on the text tell me but anyway then I have to pick either quot activate Antivirus System Pro quot or quot Stay unprotected quot - i pick quot stay unprotected quot to get the box away These three things are popping up somewhat in a cycle about every thirty seconds Lastly whether I click any choice in any of the boxes or not sometimes my internet was on its own directing itself to http antivir-service microsoft com block php r and giving me an Internet error quot Cannot connect to internet quot I m sorry this is so long I dont know how to write it any more briefly b c I do not know what is critical to know and what is not HELP gt gt gt gt please thank you this is very frustrating and i am really clueless nbsp

A:"Antivirus System Pro Alert" Messages Popping Up BUT i never installed this program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/antivirus-system-pro-alert-messages-popping-up-but-i-never-installed-this-program.835609/
Relevancy 71.81%

When I launch WU form the std start menu shortcut it launches wuapp exe installed updates update menu - Windows shortcut "hang" & and just hangs I have to terminate the process in task manager Additional launches additional hung processes Shortcut target windir system wuapp exe startmenu Starts in windir system The same condition occurs if I try to launch wuapp exe directly from windir system Yesterday I checked the Effective permissions for my Windows update "hang" - menu shortcut & installed updates user on wuapp exe full control Today after running the Windows WU Troubleshooter and WU MS Fixit the permissions read read amp execute The issue is twofold The standard WU shortcut quot hangs quot but Control Panel WU does not hang until I try to view installed updates viewing history seems to be ok I have to terminate the process in Task Manager once I try to view installed updates As a workaround I created a shortcut to Control Panel WU - this allows me to check for and apply updates Shortcut target Control Panel All Control Panel Items Windows Update A few things that might have caused this - recent activity but just guessing I installed Advanced Uninstaller Pro and played with it but did not apply anything it suggested Windows update "hang" - menu shortcut & installed updates One thing I tried was duplicate files - eventually killing it due to time lots of dups lots of files Uninstalled said Some files must be manually deleted without indicating which files A serch for the program named turned up a few folders deleted them and ran cCleaner nothing in registy associated with the app I allowed an add-on to IE for Microsoft Update Catalog when I was investigating a solution for another member Adv Uninstaller has been uninstalled Control Panel and the add-on for MS Updt Cat has been disabled only choice Both the Win troubleshooter and MS Fixit reported success fixing default WU locations Odd that yesterday Win troubleshooter said it fixed it Windows update "hang" - menu shortcut & installed updates and today the MS fixit said it fixed what seems to be the same issue I stopped and started BITS was not started and WUASERV but did not delete qmgr dat files two exist rename the WU folders reset the security descriptors or re-register the services -- gt Just stopped and started SFC reported no integrity violations I have not run SUR I changed WU to receive only Windows updates instead of all MS updates ESET Mbam and Avast all reported clean I'm not sure at this point if WU auto is working properly I did not get a notification about a Defender update but there was one when I checked for updates Might have been a timing issue - if there are any Tuesday updates I'll see if I get notified before manually checking on Wednesday I'm not opposed to resetting WU but if I can get wuapp exe to behave without resorting to a sledge hammer - that would be great In the menatime I'll see what SUR reports Looking for that epiphany moment There are other folks that need help please don't spend a great amount of your time on this but if you've seen similar behavoir Thanks Bill

A:Windows update "hang" - menu shortcut & installed updates

I'm not sure that resetting WU would actually cure your problem - it sounds to me more of a systemic problem, possibly to do with one of the involved technologies (scripting, NET, etc.).

My wuapp.exe has TrustedInstaller as owner, with only Read and Execute permissions for users and Admins.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/278200-windows-update-hang-menu-shortcut-installed-updates.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I m trying to run KM Player R in portable mode no install in Vista x and save preferences in KMPCfg ini Just extracting the KMP installer files to a folder allows it to play files just fine if open to added portable With" be installed) list (not "Open program in Can Explorer them from KMP UI I want to open files from Explorer folders by R clicking Can portable program (not installed) be added to "Open With" list in Explorer amp selecting quot Open With quot Without installing KMP of course it s not on the list of programs NOR will it PUT KMP on the list if I browse to it s folder amp the exe file even if check quot Always use this program to open this kind of file quot I suppose the reason KMP doesn t show up in the quot Open With quot list and won t let me add it is because necessary registry entries weren t created by installing it Same thing happened when I tried associating a file type w KMP like wmv through Control Panel It wouldn t change the association when I browsed to the executable I used the utility OpenWithAdd utility to supposedly register KMP to show up in the Open With list http windowsxp mvps org openwithadd htm It actually added a KMP registry entry for WMV files in HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer FileExts wmv OpenWithProgids KMPlayer wmv It looks exactly like the other media player entries under this key But I guess it still doesn t show up on the Open With list because there aren t any other registry entries w KMP s executable s path Any ideas how to be able to open files from Explorer w o actually installing a prgm like this nbsp

A:Can portable program (not installed) be added to "Open With" list in Explorer

Well, no gurus? Maybe can add a portable app to "open with" context (dunno), but you can add it to the "Send To" context, then use that when R click files in explorer.

Copy or drag icon you want to the user's Send To folder under the user's acct. It'll be there when you want to send select files to the app.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-portable-program-not-installed-be-added-to-open-with-list-in-explorer.176793/
Relevancy 71.81%

Warning I am NOT a computer person at all but have spoken to some and tried several repairs I have a Sony VAIO VPCEA FM laptop running windows -bit and the sound has randomly stopped working made Installed" Device Sony Audio VAIO "No Output laptop no changes to anything that I know of There is a red circle with an x in it on the volume icon on the taskbar and when I hover over it it says quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot However when I open the device manager and click under sound controllers Intel R Sony VAIO laptop "No Audio Output Device Installed" Display Audio is listed and if I click on it it says this device is working properly I tried to update the drivers and it says I have the most up to date When I open sound on the control panel it says no audio device is installed and even when I right click and click quot show disabled devices quot nothing is shown I have tried microsoftfixit and it doesn't help I have also tried to download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Sony website and it downloads and installs and then a window comes up that says it may not have installed properly and asks quot reinstall with recommended settings quot i click ok and it gives me a message that says quot This update can only run on Microsoft Windows Vista Microsoft Windows quot and all there is is an quot ok quot button which i click and it does not reinstall HELP I'M AT MY WIT'S END

A:Sony VAIO laptop "No Audio Output Device Installed"

Hello and welcome Samark had a look at the Sony site and you might try this for the audio driver, as I prefer to go to manufacturers sites rather than the Device Manager which I personally don't find all that reliable.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCEA24FM&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

there is also this but try the Sony site first http://www.realtek.com.tw/

As a matter of curiosity you haven't dropped the laptop or spilt anything on it by any chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/280336-sony-vaio-laptop-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 71.81%

When trying to use Windows Update, the updates download successfully but fail to install. The following message appears: "Problem: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed." I have turned my antivirus software off, I have tried updating manually, I have tried updating one at a time. Nothing seems to work. I now have a backlog of 13 updates that I'm supposed to install. Can anyone please help? THANKS!

A:Windows Update: "problem on your computer is preventing updates from being installed"

Boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" (restart while tapping F8 repeatedly) and see if you can install the updates. This should work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-update-problem-on-your-computer-is-preventing-updates-from-being-installed-75596.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Recently I have had a problem on my PC where in the lower third of the left hand of my screen a tooltip keeps popping up. The tooltip says "Display Devices and Installed Apps." This tooltip seems to override everything because if I'm full screen in another application it will still pop up. When I play a fullscreen game it will keep me out into windowed mode and show the tooltip. It's fairly annoying and it even prevents me from clicking on my shortcuts or things on webpages. The thing is, there is nothing there to display that tooltip. I moved all icons away from the area and it still shows up.

Does anyone know why this is occurring and how to stop it from occcurring? At this moment I'm thinking I may have to install a new OS and see if that works.

A:"Display Devices and Installed Apps" tooltip keeps popping up randomly

Welcome to SF.

I suspect you have install some bad software. Please respond so we know you still have this issue. Once you respond, I will require more qualified members assist you. Sorry for the delay in responding to your request for assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324906-display-devices-installed-apps-tooltip-keeps-popping-up-randomly.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have been trying for weeks to install a Canon Pixma MX on my desktop under Windows XP Home Edition Despite various forum postings and advice I have been unable to do anything without getting the above error message Assuming I have corrupted the Registry I have restored all changes made by my Registry Editor and via Safe Mode restored the system to a date in September Drivers installed". newer already Error of "a RUBBISH! message version MP is long before I had tried to install the printer or delete any older Canon programs All these Canon programs and other entries in Canon Folders e g in Downloads have all been uninstalled using Revo with traces also being removed by Revo at the Advanced level But I still get the message quot A newer version of MP Drivers is already installed quot Is there any last chance of sorting this or will I have to erase the hard drive and do a complete clean re-installation I ve spent DAYS on this and am getting really frustrated with it nbsp

A:Error message "a newer version of MP Drivers is already installed". RUBBISH!

XP may be installing a default driver that is newer
than the one on the CD.
Plug in the camera.
Look in "my computer" to see if the camera shows up as a drive.
Check the canon website for software updates,if you need the software.
You may be able to browse the folders on the CD and run the
different setup programs for the software individually.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-a-newer-version-of-mp-drivers-is-already-installed-rubbish.963466/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello. I was wondering how I would go about clearing the auto complete field in the windows update "Installed Updates" window. It seems completely independent from the windows explorer search field.

I was checking to make sure no windows 10 or telemetry updates accidentally got installed and now it's FULL of different KBnumbers.

I tried using the "find" option in the registry, but got freaked out when it brought up a bunch of stuff i didn't recognize and i didnt wanna mess anything up.

Thanks in advance,
~E

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400947-how-do-i-clear-auto-complete-search-field-installed-updates.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I need help getting my printer to work with a fresh with (installed "Windows MFC 8300 with Update") Brother Trouble driver install of Windows Home Premium bit I had to re-install due to a CMOS error which I think was due to a dead battery It still could be something else seeing as I have had other problems with this install explained below Anyway the printer is an old Brother MFC it has been a workhorse Previous times I have re-installed Windows there haven't been any problems with this printer I simply install the driver from Windows Update Trouble with Brother MFC 8300 driver (installed with "Windows Update") the driver is named quot Brother MFC Series quot in the device manager But this time the quot Windows Update quot installed the driver and says everything is working properly but when I go to quot Devices and Printers quot it doesn't show up under quot Printers and Faxes quot There is a listing for quot USB Composite Device quot under quot Devices quot that shows quot Brother MFC Series quot Trouble with Brother MFC 8300 driver (installed with "Windows Update") as a scanner Not sure what that means I also tried to manually download the driver from quot catalog update microsoft com quot I downloaded different versions Trouble with Brother MFC 8300 driver (installed with "Windows Update") of the driver One has a file size of MB and the other has a files size of MB I ended up not installing either because I didn't know where the proper destination location was using the quot Expand quot command from the quot Command Prompt quot with quot expand lt CAB FILE NAME gt -F lt DESTINATION gt quot I think the file size for the quot Windows Update quot file was MB my memory isn't the greatest however I am currently running as a quot Standard User quot I also noticed an issue with an app I have used prior to this re-install quot Ultracopier quot On previous installs it installed fine and it required quot Administrator quot rights after boot But during this install it didn't work at all and didn't ask for quot Administrator quot rights after boot I have also had issues with a TB external hard drive related to permissions and accessing certain files and folders I don't know if any of this matters but I figured the more info the better Hopefully someone can help me with this because I really need this printer to work

A:Trouble with Brother MFC 8300 driver (installed with "Windows Update")

You may have to change to a User with administrative rights or an Administrator.

Quote:
There is a listing for "USB Composite Device" under "Devices" that shows "Brother MFC8600/9650 Series" as a scanner. Not sure what that means.

That means your unit is a MultiFunction device and include Printer, Fax, Copier and Scanner. Sometimes the scanner part will be picked up as a separate device because Win7 has a built-in function for scanning.

From Drivers, utilities and software updates for your Brother Product

Quote:
Dear Brother Customer:

Brother does not have a printer driver available for this model. Most operating systems include printer drivers with their installation program. Please check the manufacturer’s web site of your operating system to see if support is available for this model. If your operating system does not support this model, then this model is not supported.

Thank you for your understanding,
Brother International Corporation

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/354230-trouble-brother-mfc-8300-driver-installed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello. I was wondering how I would go about clearing the auto complete field in the windows update "Installed Updates" window. It seems completely independent from the windows explorer search field.

I was checking to make sure no windows 10 or telemetry updates accidentally got installed and now it's FULL of different KBnumbers.

I tried using the "find" option in the registry, but got freaked out when it brought up a bunch of stuff i didn't recognize and i didnt wanna mess anything up.

Thanks in advance,
~E

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400947-how-do-i-clear-auto-complete-search-field-installed-updates.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,

I was trying to use the Vista boot to format a drive that wouldn't let me boot properly... In the process I ended up installing Vista (I deleted a partition and just clicked on stuff automatically cos I assumed it was the same bla bla, but it wasn't)

Anyways, I wanna know if I can recover my old Win7? It's placed in Windows.Old now and Vista is the OS that launches of course.

Thank you

A:Accidentally installed Vista and made it put the Win7 files into "Windows.Old"

You can re-install 7 and it will let you choose which OS to boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accidentally-installed-vista-and-made-it-put-the-win7-files-into-windows-old-424068.html
Relevancy 71.81%

So I ve been in the mood for some good RPGs lately and I ve outplayed all correctly, repair Solved: not or please reinstall" been "Game SWKOTORII installed has of the Solved: SWKOTORII "Game has not been installed correctly, please repair or reinstall" other ones I have I tried to play SWKOTORII Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic but the disc was too scratched up to work I looked online and found that toothpaste works A half hour later BINGO the discs start to work perfectly The problem is that when I Solved: SWKOTORII "Game has not been installed correctly, please repair or reinstall" try to run it I get the message quot This game has not been installed correctly please restore installation or reinstall quot The discs look alot better but there are still a few Not deep scratches that remain but I know discs scratched worse that still work I read that this can also be caused by Anti Virus and such and in that case I have AVAST Anti Virus and Spyware Terminator anti Spyware Also after fixing I noticed that there are alot of circular scratches Very shallow but I m guessing those are because of the toothpaste I also was wondering if it was possible just to download a program to go through and find missing components for the game Thanks for all your help Evan nbsp

A:Solved: SWKOTORII "Game has not been installed correctly, please repair or reinstall"

I've read a lot of online debates about using toothpaste for fixing discs. The one thing I can say for certain is never clean/repair a disc in circles. Sure some home disc repair tools do so, but they do it uniformily. If you are cleaning or buffing by hand do it in straight lines from the center outwards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-swkotorii-game-has-not-been-installed-correctly-please-repair-or-reinstall.956081/
Relevancy 71.81%

i get the message "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" when i try to install windows xp on a dell dimension 5150c with a 160G WD SATA drive. the bios detects it fine and the diagnostics indicate that it's okay and norton ghost is able to access it. this post:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18329.html

indicates that i should try setting my sata operation to "combination". i have no such setting in my bios. i have only ahci and ata for this setting. i've tried both with identical results. do i need scsi drivers to install windows? thanks for any help.

A:Get "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

This is one of the most common problems we see here on TechSpot!
What you need to do is press F6 for third-party scsi or raid controller just as the Windows install is starting. You then need to insert your SATA driver disk.
If you do not have one then you will need to go to the Dell website and download the correct one for your PC and put it on to a floppy disk.
This should get all working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/get-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.68037/
Relevancy 71.81%

I don't know if "No is Audio Laptop/RealTek Asus Device Output Installed" any of this is related but I wanted to provide as much information as I could for you Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed" gurus to deal with So here's what happened I left my ASUS K A laptop in sleep mode I opened the lid to wake it up Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed" logged in and then everything started to load really slowly This hasn't happened before and the computer quickly BSOD'd in that new Windows fashion It restarted and scanned repaired my D drive again in a very slow manner It took maybe minutes just to get to the login screen as opposed to maybe a minute I login and again everything's very slow This time I just hit the power button and reset the laptop that way hoping it'd fix things Unfortunately the same thing happens After doing this about or more times each time spending about to minutes I just let it run after I log in I manage to click the quot Restart quot option on the side after waiting eons for it to respond to my clicks I get it to load and it booted up normally Or so I thought My D drive was suddenly inaccessible and my little volume speaker at the bottom right had the red X beside it saying quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot I spend another billion years trying to fix my D drive changing permissions and allowing full control and eventually getting full access again most likely with some unknown ramifications I found out after that although my C drive didn't suffer from the same problem as my D drive the C drive would keep asking me for my permission when I moved things around there even though it was never like that before all of this I do the same thing I did with the D drive and seemingly fixed the issue My next focus was on the sound I made the mistake of not checking my Device Manager before I blindly reinstalled a Realtek driver I don't think it made a difference but I'll never know now Anyway I downloaded a Realtek HD Audio driver that should've been compatible with my system but I couldn't get it to finish installing as it ended every installation that I tried with some error code x I go into Device Manager and see two icons with the exclamation marks beside them quot Intel R Display Audio quot and quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot The quot Intel R Display Audio quot was under the normal quot Sound video and game controllers quot but the quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot was found under quot Other Devices quot So I just uninstall the quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot since I've read that sometimes you need to uninstall in order to reinstall something After I uninstall I manage to successfully install a compatible Realtek HD Audio Driver However it still wouldn't give me sound after I restarted my computer as it prompted me to On top of that there was no Realtek HD Audio Driver or anything similar found under quot Sound video and game controllers quot Only quot Intel R Display Audio quot was there and apparently that wasn't working either After uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times I just uninstalled quot Intel R Display Audio quot out of frustration which then led to TWO quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot under quot Other Devices quot I go into msinfo and under quot Problem Devices quot there's the two quot Audio Devices on High Definition Bus quot and they have the error code that says quot This device is not configured correctly quot I also don't have anything under quot Sound Device quot I don't know what to do Did my sound card just burn out during the whole D drive Scan Repair fiasco Edit I forgot to add that I've tried the quot Adding Scanning Legacy Hardware quot but I might have done it incorrectly or something because it was unable to successfully install find anything

A:Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed"

From your description, I'm going to suggest what I try to avoid at all costs. Do a complete reinstall. I know its a hassle but sometimes its what is needed.

Backup your user data to some external media (USB flash drive, CD/DVD media, etc) first as the reinstall will wipe it all out. Then do the reinstall, using the recovery mode that I assume ASUS has (most PC vendors have a recovery partition on the hard drive that will allow restoring to the original factory condition).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49791-asus-laptop-realtek-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Help Please

Im in big trouble. I was going to format my hard drive of my PC when i discovered that my system did not recognize it. This is really weird because i was using it a year now and it was working fine. The message i get is this "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system".

A:"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system".

You need to have a floppy with the proper driver then press F6 at the beginning of the Windows install process. With the proper drivers, Windows will find your hard drive (probabyl a SATA one) & will allow you to use it as a boot drive.

ps. please use the search function as this topic has been discussed quite a few times.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.59053/
Relevancy 71.81%

When I boot my system I see this error and then the system will just finish boot and will then just die and start reboot
what the problem,

this is what i receive
"Primary IDE channel no 80 conductor cable installed" error mesasge

A:"Primary IDE channel no 80 conductor cable installed" error mesasge

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/primary-ide-channel-no-80-conductor-cable-installed-error-mesasge.525246/
Relevancy 71.81%

Installed Chrome on friends laptop hoping that temporarly it might give less problems than ie is Installation works fine but when it opens it says New Tab up top but bottom is blank amp it wont even attempt to go to ANY com Ive tried reinstalling etc just Other [Moved Browsers but from "installed" fine, forum] ANYthing! wont do Chrome in case to no avail I went ahead amp attached the dds etc so hopefully someone Chrome "installed" fine, but wont do ANYthing! [Moved from Other Browsers forum] will be kind enough to tell Chrome "installed" fine, but wont do ANYthing! [Moved from Other Browsers forum] me what in the heck is wrong or blocking it or whatever Thank you VERY much for your time amp assistance P S there are other B S problems with this laptop right now including since yesterday alot of Google yahoo etc search links redirect to the random B S sites so if you happen to notice any other major problems on the dds attach please let me know too Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated C - E -CBDB-EA - B C F AF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated B F -B D-C -D D - E E E F SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows ehome ehsched exe C Windows ehome EHTray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M P- mStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp S... Read more

A:Chrome "installed" fine, but wont do ANYthing! [Moved from Other Browsers forum]

Hello,

Yes, this machine is seriously infected. I do not see the gmer log attached, and it's important that I have that log before we attempt the removal of this rootkit. Did you have difficulty running gmer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/chrome-installed-fine-but-wont-do-anything-moved-from-other-browsers-forum-564559.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all

Just joined the forum J

I have just upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and I notice that after installation I now have two program File directorys. One called ?Program Files? and the other ?Program Files (x86).

Do I need both or can I delete the ?Program Files? one which I am guessing is the old 32 bit stuff.

By way of further information: I started out with Windows XP installed. I then did a upgrade install of windows 7 32 bit. I then decided to go 64 bit so I used the custom/fresh install option of the 64 bit upgrade which has left me with this possibly redundant ?Program Files? directory.

Any help of suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

Kenny

A:Win7 64bit installed can i now delete the extra "Program files" dir?

No, its still needed and anyway the system wont let you do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/259180-win7-64bit-installed-can-i-now-delete-extra-program-files-dir.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have Windows Vista Business

I Recently purchsed MS Office ultimate with SP1 and successfully installed it.

It worked just fine.

A few days later I installed 25-40 updates from microsoft.

After reboot when I started any application I got the messge

.." application .. Not installed for current user. Please run setup to install the application"...

I am the only user and I ran as admin / guest but no luck.

I re-installed (repair) - same problem

I un-installed and re-installed .. worked fine. But as soon as I installed updates I got the message.

What is wrong here?

Thanks

A:Solved: MS Office 2007 - message "has not been installed for current user"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-office-2007-message-has-not-been-installed-for-current-user.801434/
Relevancy 71.81%

I just installed a home use version of Microsoft Office 2010 on my home PC. Previously this was a problem free, perfectly working installation of Windows 7. Now it appears that the office installation has killed it. Instead of booting up properly, my PC hangs at "Windows is loading files..." if I choose safe mode. Or if I tried to boot up without safe mode, it just freezes at "Starting Windows".

This is a huge problem for me since I work from home. Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

A:Installed "Home Use" Office 2010 on Windows 7. Now my PC Wont boot!

Sounds like a bad install. I would use system restore to return to a point prior to installation. I would then try the OS for a while make sure that it works properly. Then make a system restore point and try to install again.

Try to get to system restore from safe mode. If cannot be done report back and we might try another approach. Try a start up repair
Startup Repair

Many may say, just uninstall. In the case of a bad install, I want to be sure that all is back to where you started and no remnants remain

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/94933-installed-home-use-office-2010-windows-7-now-my-pc-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey all, I just created this account after doing some lurking on here.
I have a problem with a desktop of mine, its and Amd Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 3800+

I know that there are other threads on this problem but they only seem to have solutions for computers that have floppy drives and mine does not.

I'm not very tech savvy at all either so any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

Sounds like a stupid answer,

Have you checked all cables .. I.e SATA and Power are plugged into your HDD? (or IDE and Power)

Poyol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer-441270.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Running Windows pro installed reader it and "Install is but your works driver" card memory sp on Acer Aspire one ZG I don t get it All hardware has always worked after I replaced winXP with win pro on this netbook clean full install from bootable flash drive Then one day "Install your memory card reader driver" but it is installed and works recently all the sudden I have quot other devices quot - of them listed as quot base system device quot and action center is telling me quot install your memory card reader driver quot of course windows update doesn t find drivers Here s the thing my memory card reader works fine both of them and I can use them just fine In fact everything works as it always has so I can t figure out what the heck these quot other devices quot are that "Install your memory card reader driver" but it is installed and works suddenly appeared out of nowhere for no reason When I check device ID s each one has device ID s listed Not sure if all instances of quot base system device quot have the same device ID s listed or not but I am showing you what s under one of them Why would windows action center be telling me install memory card reader drivers if the readers already work and so apparently already have drivers Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on All my hardware works so how can there be drivers missing This just doesn t make any sense to me nbsp

A:"Install your memory card reader driver" but it is installed and works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-your-memory-card-reader-driver-but-it-is-installed-and-works.1139424/
Relevancy 71.81%

At some point in the last three months, a number of machines have stopped being able to add new USB devices.

These can be USB headsets, mass storage devices, anything. This includes devices which previously have installed fine and been working without issue.
In device manager, the devices show as "No drivers are installed for this device". However, if you click update drivers, and then manually select the Mass Storage (for example), you can install the device without a problem.
This has nothing to do with any vendor specific drivers - This is a Windows 7 issue.

Has anyone seen anything similar?
Is anyone aware of a recent update that may have had an impact on the USB stack or the operation of PnP?
Any other ideas?

Cheers

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca31d18a-0167-459a-81ca-e8767d640edc/pnp-for-usb-has-stopped-working-on-hundreds-of-devices-quotno-drivers-are-installed-for-this?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm deploying our Windows 10 company image through MDT. One of the steps i do is enter the windows key through a command line custom task. The problem I run into is that I keep getting the "Installed product key successfully message" dialog box to come up which stalls the rest of my task sequence and forces user intervention.
The command line I'm using - which I thought would prevent any confirmation boxes - is:

slmgr.vbs -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can clear this message automatically, suppress it from even popping up or if I'm doing something wrong, what the correct command is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54808-clearing-installed-product-key-successfully-message-through-cmd-line.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey everyone Today I got myself driver Windows installed" not was 7: "Device software successfully a new webcam for my PC Unfortunately I am unable to get it to work It is a TeckNet HD p Webcam and is supposed to be simple to set up -- you're supposed to plug it in and it's ready to go but instead I see the above error message The lights on the webcam instantly light up so I do know that there is power being supplied to the webcam It also came with Windows 7: "Device driver software was not successfully installed" a disc which contains an exe file When I follow the steps and hit Install however it comes up with the following message Quote quot Please plug-in UVC VIDEO CAMERA device quot I should point out that as far as I can tell this software isn't necessary for the webcam to function I believe it's simply a means of recording There is nothing else on the disc no drivers or any such important files There is also nothing on the manufacturer's website In Control Panel's Devices and Printers quot TeckNet quot appears under the Unspecified category with a yellow warning symbol When I attempt to quot Update Driver quot through Properties I get this Quote quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it USB Composite Device Access is denied quot I don't think the problem is specific to this device either The exact same problem actually applies to a memory stick owned by one of my relatives at least when I put it in my machine I put this in the other night only for it to give the same quot not successfully installed quot error but I shrugged it at the time thinking it would work the next day upon a reboot Yet the problem persists The memory stick does work on my laptop so it seems the issue is with my computer All of my long-term devices such as my mouse keyboard dongle and speakers however all function perfectly I have tried plugging it into different slots multiple restarts Microsoft's Fix It tool hours of Google searching and still nothing At this point I'm desperate for anyone's suggestions I am not sure if this is related or a separate issue but I'll throw it in here in case it's of use I am also strangely unable to install Windows' quot optional quot updates I selected some described with the purpose of quot resolving issues in Windows quot but when I restart they will not install correctly upon booting I forget the exact pop-up error message right now but I can find out if anyone wants it Thank you so much for reading and thanks in advance to your responses

A:Windows 7: "Device driver software was not successfully installed"

Hello Wonder Reece. Welcome to the forum.

In your google search did you find and try this solution:
Windows 7 will not install new USB Drives - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328513-windows-7-device-driver-software-not-successfully-installed.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi All To make "left" with gpt move/extend installed partition win8 cant a long cant move/extend gpt partition with win8 installed "left" story short I have a win system on a SSD with about gb free on the left of the C partition cant move/extend gpt partition with win8 installed "left" left over from previous OS I dual booted The ssd is gpt partitioned and boots using EFI I tried moving the partition to the left using Gparted which worked but windows wouldnt boot I tried recreating the bcd files with no success After doing some research I was lead to believe it was due to keys under HKLM System MountedDevices having the partition offset hardcoded as it would start to boot windows then crash with an error saying boot device inaccessible I got it booting again by moving the partition back to the correct position and recreating the bcd files again So are there any guides or tools that can move the partition to the left and update the relevant areas of windows so that it can boot Or extend the partition to the left without breaking it cheers

A:cant move/extend gpt partition with win8 installed "left"

It would help if you post a screen shot from the disk management.
Screenshot - Capture Screenshots Directly in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54303-cant-move-extend-gpt-partition-win8-installed-left.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I m getting pissed off at this damn game gives me nothin but problems i get this error msg An intallation support file C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS TEMP e b - - a-b f- c b Setup inx Could not be installed br br Data Error cyclic redundancy check br br What should i do about this br br br br br img src styles "Installation Exp.Pack Date cannot file be installed" support Hot default xenforo clear png class mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie alt eek title Eek eek span style color Blue HELP ME PLEASE span img src styles default xenforo clear png class mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie alt confused title Confused confused div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members erica class username author dir auto erica "Installation support file cannot be installed" Hot Date Exp.Pack a span a href threads installation-support-file-cannot-be-installed-hot-date-exp-pack title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Dec at PM Dec span a span div div class publicControls a href threads "Installation support file cannot be installed" Hot Date Exp.Pack installation-support-file-cannot-be-installed-hot-date-exp-pack title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li ol input type hidden name xfToken value form div class pageNavLinkGroup div class linkGroup This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue br a href https techguy org welcome style margin View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site a div div class linkGroup style display none a href javascript class muted JsOnly DisplayIgnoredContent Tooltip title Show hidden content by Show Ignored Content a div div div id mjcThreadBottom style vertical-align middle "Installation support file cannot be installed" Hot Date Exp.Pack margin-bottom px div class asSeen div As Seen On div a href https techguy org awards img src styles tsg as-seen png alt As Seen On a div div class mjcWelcome h Welcome to Tech Support Guy h p Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem a href register Join our site today a to ask your question This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations p p If you're not already familiar with forums watch our a href https techguy org welcome Welcome Guide a to get started p p a href register class button Join a span over other people just like you span p div div style clear both div div div id taboola-below-article-thumbnails div div id PreviewTooltip span class arrow span span span div class section div class primaryContent previewContent span class PreviewContents Loading span div div div div class discussionList section sectionMain similarThreads dl class sectionHeaders dd class main span Similar Threads span dd dl ol class discussionListItems li class discussionListItem div class listBlock posterAvatar span class avatarContainer a href members phenomenal class avatar Av s data-avatarhtml true img src data avatars s jpg width height alt Phenomenal a span div div class listBlock main div class titleText h class title a href threads can-my-current-power-supply-support-the-upcoming-gtx- class PreviewTooltip data-previewUrl threads can-my-current-power-supply-support-the-upcoming-gtx- preview Can my current power supply support the upcoming GTX a h div class secondRow div class posterDate muted a href members phenomenal class username dir auto title Thread starter Phenomenal a span class startDate a href threads can-my-current-power-supply-support-the-upcoming-gtx- span class DateTime title Jun at AM Jun span a span span class containerName in forum a href forums games Games a span div div div div div class listBlock stats pairsJustified dl class major dt Replies dt dd dd dl dl class minor dt Views dt dd dd dl di... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-support-file-cannot-be-installed-hot-date-exp-pack.422178/
Relevancy 71.81%

My computer based on an ASUS P T -C mobo that never gave me any problems has suddenly and spontanously begun complaining with a quot No CPU installed no CPU installed quot error message verbal spoken message when I power it up Then the system proceeds to boot normally However if I reset it before the POST has completed I end up in the CMOS setup screen with messages about how the mobo now runs in safe mode after having hung on a previous boot attempt due to Sudden Asus going works. "no it yet CPU installed" message, mobo: on? What's an incorrect CPU speed setting Which is not the case because the CPU setting is correct When I reset it after POST has completed no error messages occur ASUS support Asus mobo: Sudden "no CPU installed" message, yet it works. What's going on? sent a BIOS update which I have installed as per their instructions including reloading the factory default settings but to no avail I have made no hardware changes prior to the first occurrence of the problem What could cause this What could I do to trace or fix the problem Is my mobo about to fail All suggestions are appreciated Thanks Frank nbsp

A:Asus mobo: Sudden "no CPU installed" message, yet it works. What's going on?

Try reseating the CPU. Could be something got jarred.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-sudden-no-cpu-installed-message-yet-it-works-whats-going-on.27435/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello My Dell PC just installed a new Windows update and my sound doesn t work anymore It seems "No after device installed" is 10 update Output Windows Audio that there is suddenly no audio output device installed on my PC anymore I checked the system and got a troubleshooting report What can it be and "No Audio Output device is installed" after Windows 10 update how can I solve this issue Any help appreciated Thanks Steve Check audio device Detected There might be a problem with your audio device Potential issues that were checked Detection details One or more audio service isn t running Issue not present Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly Atleast one of these services isn t running Hardware changes might not have been detected Issue not present Sound Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows Playing Audio Find and fix problems with playing sound Package Version Publisher Microsoft Corporation Hardware and Devices Find and fix problems with devices and hardware Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19994613
Relevancy 71.81%

I was trying to download ADW cleaner but clicked on a dubious link that wasn't behaving normally. I went and found the link I normally use, and it worked fine. It should have also cleared my laptop of any virus I got with the dodgy link. But since then I've noticed a "download-4-free bundle" in my programmes.
I went to uninstall it, but it claims when I downloaded it I also installed absolutely every other piece of software on my laptop,including the programmes it came from the factory with, and that they will consequently be uninstalled too. The "download-4-free" install is dated from yesterday, so it definitely isn't something I just haven't noticed before. I am afraid to just uninstall it though, as I might end up uninstalling everything! How has this done this, and how can I get rid of it?
I have also run windows live essentials and malwarebytes antimalware, with no effect.

A:Accidentally installed "download4--free bundle", can't uninstall

I should mention that my laptop isn't yet behaving abnormally, I just find the way this bundle is so resistant to removal, and has it's claws into every other bit of software, ominous. When I searched online I found no direct references to a virus like this, the closest ones were browser hijackers. When I tried to uninstall it, the uninstaller did mention that "this programme has changed the settings of your browser, to revert back to original settings press this link" but when I click the link it doesn't work. My browsers haven't changed noticeably. I'm still worried about what's going on behind the scenes though, I'd rather nip a problem in the bud BEFORE my laptop crashes in the middle of work/gets all my info stolen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537095/accidentally-installed-download4-free-bundle-cant-uninstall/
Relevancy 71.81%

I purchased a new 1TB harddrive to host Windows 7. The installation was without any problem. Prior to installation, I removed all harddrives, including another 1TB data backup harddrive.

When I installed the second drive, with all my important backed up data, it comes identified by Windows 7 as drive D: System Reserved. There are no contents despite the properties indicating about 40% used space. Where did my data go? Please tell me it's not lost!! How can I get access to this drive??

Jenn

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:2nd Installed Harddrive identified by Windows 7 as "System Reserved"

I'm assuming the old hard drive still has W7 installed on it?

If so the issue is that the old hard drive still has a Active partition on it. You should not have 2 Active partitions on one system, and that will caused these kinds of problems.

You can use a third party tool like Partition Wizard for bootable CD to remove the active flag from the old hard drive,
Free Partition Magic alternative, partition manager freeware, partition magic server, partition magic Windows 7 and free Partition Manager software for Windows 7/8/VISTA/XP/2000 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2000.

or you can use Diskpart
Partition - Mark as Inactive

Just to simplify things and avoid any problems you should disconnect all unnecessary drives while running Diskpart. You need to be able to select the correct drive from it's properties or partition sizes because normal drive identification will not be available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251929-2nd-installed-harddrive-identified-windows-7-system-reserved.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Right Quite a major error here relegating me to my netbook but here we go I recently Last week recieved my new baby- a quad core GB GPU GB RAM system with TB HDD A step up from the last rig that died roughly times better in fact Well my adoration was short lived Installed Windows Good Installed the ASUS drivers from the CD Good Downloaded the latest ATI drivers from the website Good Downloaded Steam and the recently purchased L D REALLY good Here the first problems reared their heads L D would suddenly hang at random whether there was installed (64 when 7 ATI Windows bit) latest "atikmpag.sys" drivers error lots of onscreen or system activity or not but just for a few moments Then it would be a task manager stop-process job Then upon boot SHOCK BSOD With an atikmpag sys error Using nouse I googled this Windows 7 "atikmpag.sys" error when latest ATI drivers installed (64 bit) on a seperate machine After MUCH trawling I found it may be the video driver- BAD So safe mode boot uninstall driver notice vertical bands of discolourment on resolutions of x BAD More pixelated patches of discolour Windows 7 "atikmpag.sys" error when latest ATI drivers installed (64 bit) on lower res Anyway boots up fine minus drivers After much experimenting trying to get the drivers back without using the ATI Catalyst manager which can apparently cause issues I decided to ck it and install XP which doesn t get the atikmpag sys error No It just wipes all the drivers off the motherboard IE sound wireless adaptor GPU etc HELP PLEASE -Liam Howell damned depressed student and owner of quid pile of uselessness nbsp

A:Windows 7 "atikmpag.sys" error when latest ATI drivers installed (64 bit)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-atikmpag-sys-error-when-latest-ati-drivers-installed-64-bit.972634/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, this is the first time I use anything like this... My problem is that my HP computer had the next error:

"NTLDR is compressed: press Ctrl+alt+del to restart", so I went looking for a way to fix it and I did the following:

"All you need to do is boot to the recovery console, and type the following commands, in order:

cd \
attrib -c ntldr
exit "

So, using the Windows Xp Upgrade Cd I did as I read, and now, my computer try to start and sends this message:

"The system is not fully installed. Please run setup again"

My question is, did I need to use the full version?? How do I fix it now??

Please help me!!!!

A:Windowx Xp Home Crisis "The system is not fully installed...?"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windowx-xp-home-crisis-the-system-is-not-fully-installed.386201/
Relevancy 71.81%

when I try to get into local services under administrative tools in control panel. When I uninstall IE7 and go back to IE6 there is no problem. Any suggestions? thx (btw, I've got firefox and opera on board)--just so there won't be any "just dump IE7" posts. sometimes you need IE.

A:Solved: installed IE 7, now getting "Internet explorer script error"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-ie-7-now-getting-internet-explorer-script-error.558613/
Relevancy 71.81%

Newly installed ZoneAlarm and not can not see "Submit" Buttons on web site

I have recently installed Zone Alarm and AVG on my laptop. I accepted the defaults on installation.

Now I can not see the Submit buttons on the www.seek.com.au site.

Can someone tell me the setting that I need to change to allow this please.

Many Thanks

A:Newly installed ZoneAlarm and no can not see "Submit" Buttons on web site

Dunno but it seems that the firewall is clocking the request to the button.

I can say that you should use an other firewall. Zone Alarm is one of the worst out there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-zonealarm-and-no-can-not-see-submit-buttons-on-web-site.44667/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have never had a problem installing updates to Win 8.1 and all important updates are fully installed. Every time I try to update to Win10 it says "downloading Windows 10 - checking requirements" and then I get the above error message. Any help would be much appreciated!
Steve

A:"Windows 10 couldn't be installed" Error code 80070005

Same problem here. Tired of wasting hours downloading over and over again and getting the same error. None of the suggestions I have found and tried work. No wonder they are giving it away free. To frustrate the heck out of everyone. I find it hard to believe in all the testing, they had no occurrences of this and have not come up with a solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/9732-windows-10-couldnt-installed-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I was given an HP laptop with vista and it is very slow to start up. I was uninstalling some programs and I sort by date so I can see the crap that was recently installed... the "installed on" date was there and now its not. It shows name and size but date is gone now. Anyone know why it went away and how to get it back? It may seem stupid but I like to know the date so I don't accidently uninstall anything that was installed by HP and may be essential.

Also any advice or programs on how to start up faster... I have run virus scan with avast, ran spybot, deleted startup entries, cleanup, defrag. Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

A:Uninstall a program doesn't show "installed on" date

hello negan1234,

Most of the programs installed by HP are not essential, and usually just hog system resources... If you want help deciding what to install and what not to, you can ask and we will gladly help.

As for the date... I just looked at my Programs and Features snap in and it doesn't show the install date for all of the programs. Some are blank.

Are all of yours blank?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/uninstall-a-program-doesnt-show-installed-on-date-673314.html
Relevancy 71.81%

On my 7 machine where the OS was installed including SP1 anyway, in comes this update today which I think is rather odd.
Anyone have any explanation for the apparent anomaly?

A:KB976932 "Windows 7 Service Pack 1" Installed Again Today??????

same here - what's cooking? geeks, help pls!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/341327-kb976932-windows-7-service-pack-1-installed-again-today.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Ok heres the deal.
I crashed my system and have done a clean install. I couldn't find my winxp pro disk so I barrowed my friends. His has SP2 on it. I then found out after installing it, that it wouldn't work with my product key. So i had to go searching for my disk. Thankfully I found it, and did a windows repair to reinstall the system with the new disk.
My disk didn't have SP2 on it.

So I go to windows update to do updates and it trys to install like 80 something updates and everytime it comes back with ": A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed "

I have a feeling that it thinks SP2 is on my system. is there a way to resolve this without having to do another clean install?

John

A:"A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed"

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Why wouldn't it work with your product key?
It is better to install with SP2 incorporated onto the cd, saves a lot of time. SP2 should have been eliminated while performing the repair install.

You could try the following but you need SP2 installed before installing the updates, the site should have recognized it was not installed. If the following does not help then I suggest you Slipstream Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Create Bootable CD and do a clean install using the proper software

Try re-registering the windows update components. This may help fix a corrupt installer

1. Click on Start and Run,
2. Type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
3. Should get the message "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" Click OK.
4. Repeat above for each of the following:

REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

5. Reboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-problem-on-your-computer-is-preventing-updates-from-being-downloaded-or-installed-174941.html
Relevancy 71.81%

i wasn't really sure where to post this, but i have the no audio output device is installed error in windows vista home premium. I have tried everywhere and the only solutions i found were, to scan for hardware changes in my sound card, to disable then re-enable it and to update the drivers. I have tried all those options and it still does not work, Apparently my drivers and everthing is up-to-date.
I am using a HP-Pavillon a1215uk with 3.2Ghz processor and 2GB ram. My sound card appears in device manager as "high definition audio device"

A:windows vista "no audio output device is installed"

Welcome to TSG:
Any error indicators in device manager?
And you have gone to the HP site and downloaded the latest audio device driver ?
Just to make sure that all bindings etc are correct,I might,in de3vice manager,uninstall the device and re-boot. See if that helps.
Just been on the HP site,I do not see a driver for that device and O/S.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-no-audio-output-device-is-installed.993209/
Relevancy 71.81%

I found the solution that worked for me -- restoring OPA BAK -- on this forum a few days ago and the Office programs work fine again without re-installing Office creating a new user profile etc which worked for others with the same symptom but different underlying problems The remaining annoyance is that when I let a quot clean-up quot utility delete OPA BAK that also disappeared the Start Menu icons for the Office programs and the Office Resource Kit programs [Program_name] Office installed the not been current user." "Microsoft has for Unlike "Microsoft Office [Program_name] has not been installed for the current user." most programs these MS programs don t let me manually assign Start Menu icons Has anyone found a way to restore the icons without un- and re-installing the Office programs and the Office Resource Kit programs Tech Support Guy "Microsoft Office [Program_name] has not been installed for the current user." System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX Dell Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp Y Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-program_name-has-not-been-installed-for-the-current-user.1068645/