Windows Support Forum

Upgrading cpu and mobo question

Q: Upgrading cpu and mobo question

Ok first I know this is the hardware section but because of the nature of my question this is the best place I feel it should go I am upgrading my motherboard Upgrading cpu question mobo and and CPU from Asus M A TD-V EVO USB Xtreme Design ATX AMD Mobo and an Amd Athlon II x Ghz to ASRock Z Extreme LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard and a Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA Upgrading cpu and mobo question W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics Now all hardware does work but my issue seems to be a software issue more likely than Win bit which I need to get a hold of the disc my brother has was a family pack thing Anyway my question is pretty simple I Upgrading cpu and mobo question hope Without doing a fresh install of Win bit is it possible in any form to get the new mobo and cpu working like maybe using the repair method or installing over the current installed win Os so I do not have to back-up a ton of data and re-install lots of programs Also is there Upgrading cpu and mobo question any other work-around that might help I do have a Tb external Hdd I plan to backup my C drive with either way but it would be great if I did not have to do a fresh install Again sorry if this is in the part of the forums nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Upgrading cpu and mobo question

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Upgrading cpu and mobo question

Just back it up, bite the bullet, and reinstall Windows to get things right. An intel mb is not going to work right with the AMD drivers installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-cpu-and-mobo-question.208395/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm upgrading a computer and I'm having difficulties with loading. I am replacing just the mother board, processor chip, and the ram chip. I am re-using the hard drives, cd/dvd drives, and everything else.

I've upgraded from:
an AMD chip to a P4 3.0e w/ HT
an unknown AMD mobo to a DFI PS85-BL ver B1 mobo

I will be using 512 mb ddr 400 pc3200 kingston ram

I already called DFI and they said that I need to unistall the system drivers. Of course, I tried uninstalling all device drivers and then shut down and rebuilt computer. When I booted, the computer asked for safe mode or boot normally. No matter what I select, it automatically reboots.

Any ideas, instructions, or definite fixes?

A:Upgrade Issues. Upgrading from AMD mobo to P4 mobo.

Watching over Gotham City...hey it's dark out here

Why Do u Wanna Upgrade to Pentuim 4
Just Asking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-issues-upgrading-from-amd-mobo-to-p4-mobo.20691/
Relevancy 52.89%

Here is my mobo, will be here Thursday.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157139

I want a Phenom II soon. I then started (after I purchased the motherboard first) got interested in getting an X3 and trying to see about unlocking the 4th core.

I have searched around and can find little information about anything other than Biostar and 790 chipsets unlocking the core.

If anyone has information that could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and if anyone here has this motherboard, how do you like it?

A:New Mobo, quick question (CPU/Mobo Related)

The motherboard looks pretty good... I am an Intel man though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-quick-question-cpu-mobo-related.125107/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I am looking into upgrading my mobo and cpu, I have been reading reviews and wanted more personalized imput on which one you prefer and why.

currently have a biostar I945p with a intel d cpu, I want to upgrade to be able to use sli.
I am looking at mid to top of the line models, although I don't have the money for a quad core
Any imput would be helpfull, Thanks

A:upgrading cpu& mobo

EVGA nForce 680i SLI, ASU p%B Deluxe, Intel BadAxe.
There are plenty of reviews on each. Take a look at Top Motherboards this month at www.tomshardware.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-cpu-mobo.76650/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I ve recently had some issues with my hp pavilion a n and am thinking of a mobo upgrade I ve read that I m unable to upgrade the video card unless I completely change the mobo I eventually would like to change my processor as well but am not sure as to which mobo would fit the hp tower here are the specs copied from hp Hardware Base processor Pentium P GHz MHz Front side bus Socket LGA Chipset Intel GV Motherboard Manufacturer Asus Motherboard Name PTGD-LA HP motherboard name Goldfish -GL E Motherboard description Motherboard manufacturer s name ASUS PTGD-LA HP Compaq name Goldfish -GL E CPU Processor Socket LGA Supports processor up to GHz Supports Intel Pentium HT processors Front-side bus FSB MHz Chipset Northbridge Intel GV Graphics Memory and Controller Hub MCH Southbridge Intel ICH BIOS features Mb FWH EEPROM HP BIOS with enhanced ACPI DMI Green and PnP Features Plus Form factor Micro-ATX form factor in x in Memory Dual-channel memory architecture x -pin DIMM sockets support unbuffered non-ECC GB MHZ DDR memory modules Maximum HP Compaq approved memory is GB NOTE Actual available memory may be less Expansion slots Three PCI No AGP slot Video graphics Integrated mobo...? Upgrading Serial ATA SATA connectors Each connector supports serial Ultra DMA disk drive Hot Swap function Onboard audio Realtek ALC -channel High Definition Audio CODEC Onboard LAN Realtek RTL L LAN PHY Physical Layer Protocol Mbps Fast Ethernet controller any help would be great thanks so much nbsp Upgrading mobo...?

A:Upgrading mobo...?

What problems are you having with your PC. I personally think that it's a waste of money if you're investing in upgrading such an old system.

If you eventually plan on adding a new GPU and processor then it's best to hold on till you can build a new PC from scratch.

Intel 915 / 945 / 965 chipsets should support the P4 in case you're bent on buying a new mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-mobo.149945/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello.

I am getting a couple of upgrades for x-mas and I may need to buy a new mobo to support them all...

Here is my current system

Athlonxp 1800
Giga-byte 7a-dx mobo
512(2, 256 sticks)mb ddr pc2100
80 gb + 10 gb ata100 5400rpm drives
32mb geforce 2mmx

Here is what I am getting

Maxtror 120GB 7200rpm ata133
GeForce4 ti4600 128mb ddr
another 256mb pc2100 ddr dimm

I would like to get a mobo that also has usb2.0 support, 3+ dimm slots (for the extra dimm) and RAID (if I need it). I plan on making the 120 GB ata/133 7200rpm drive the master and the 80GB ata/100 5400rpm drive the slave on the same cord. Is that possible?

What would be the top 3 mobos that you guys would recommend to me? I can spend 75-125 bucks.

Thanks so much in advance!
-jonathan

A:upgrading mobo-help

if u're looking for AMD mobo, look no further than the nForce2 chipset... Asus, Leadtek, and Epox are making great boards based on this chipset... for example the A7N8X is Asus' nForce2 board... loaded with features that fit ur need... only has 3 Dimm slots but the board supports Dual DDR... unless u need the extra 256MB u are planning to buy, u can use ur current 2 sticks and save that money u were originally spending...

the 120GB and 80GB on the same channel is fine... as long as u stick with 4 IDE devices u won't have issues...

I would list the top 3 but basically it would be nForce2 based mobos... ur other option is VIA KT400 or KT333 chipset mobos... Asus makes a great A7V333, or the MSI KT3 Ultra2... I don't know if it fits ur criteria of 3+ Dimm or USB2.0...

the nForce2 may not be out yet where u are so check around... also it may be worth waiting a little bit to see if any issues pop up with this chipset and they have to revise it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-mobo-help.3341/
Relevancy 52.03%

My parents have a S73X M810 Series motherboard. They want to upgrade it (RAM, cpu, vid card). I just have a few questions about the capabilites of the board.

The manual for the motherboard says that it supports Socket 462 K7 AMD CPUs. It then goes on to list a few speeds of Duron and Athlon processors that were out at the time of printing. It also says that it supports FSB speeds of 200 mghz. I think this means that Athlon Xp processors are out, but I'm wondering if it means that I have to get a cpu with a 200 mg FSB. (I'm guessing they're hard to find???)

And am I going to have to update the BIOS to upgrade the rest of the stuff?

The board also has a 4x AGP slot. can I put any vid card in then?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Basically at the moment i have a problem my pc in general runs pretty well but certain applications like msn winamp steam and that kind of thing keep freezing and taking a while to respond The only reason i can really see for this is that my cpu is underperforming since my hard drive is only full my gfx card performs well and i have gb of ram After doing some tests i found my gfx card load is usually around whereas my cpu load is normally around So Upgrading my mobo it?! CPU! take can im thinking about upgrading it but Upgrading CPU! can my mobo take it?! not sure what the max cpu my mobo can take if anyone can help that would be great I have this link to show what my cpu upgrades it can take but there not very specific I want to upgrade to something like an amd phenom II x anything above ghz preferably Is this possible Links My mobo spec Motherboard Specifications M N -LA Violet HP Pavilion a uk Desktop PC - HP Customer Care United States - English

A:Upgrading CPU! can my mobo take it?!

Have a looky here pal

HP Pavilion a6708uk Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion a6708uk Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Click on the Processor upgrade information link

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/120433-upgrading-cpu-can-my-mobo-take.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey there I got told by a friend Upgrading my Mobo/CPU to make a post here first to make sure I m not making a horrible mistake by upgrading my Mobo and CPU and blowing my computer up I m looking to upgrade my old Pentium ghz processor to an AMD Dual Core ghz Links provided below but I m also probably gonna pick myself up a new motherboard aswell Links below Motherboard http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid MB- -AB CPU http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid CP- -AM amp groupid amp catid amp subcat My current setup as provided by Everest is as follows Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Upgrading my Mobo/CPU Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Gigabyte Upgrading my Mobo/CPU GA- I PM PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio LAN Motherboard Chipset Intel Grantsdale i P System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Medallion Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS MB Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel FB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD KS- MJB GB IDE Optical Drive NEC DVD RW ND- A SMART Hard Disks Status OK Input Keyboard Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Peripherals Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer USB Controller Intel FB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller B- USB Controller Intel FB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller B- USB Controller Intel FB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller B- USB Controller Intel FB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller B- USB Controller Intel FB ICH - Enhanced USB Controller B- USB Device eHome Infrared Receiver USB Device USB Human Interface Device I m an IT student and I know how to install it all but can anyone here see if there are any potentially hazardous problems that I ve failed to see nbsp

A:Upgrading my Mobo/CPU

You are on the right track. But for all that work, I would also change the power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-mobo-cpu.80321/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all, I want to help a friend find a new mobo. Im not very experienced with motherboards.
He has a
HP Media Center M1270 N

ASUS PTGD1-LA

socket LGA775

chipset Northbridge i915P
Southbridge ICH6 Intel I/O Controller Hub 6

BIOS 4Mb FWH EEPROM

Memory 184-pin DDR DIMM

Expansion slots PCI Express x16 graphics
Three PCI

Pentium 4, 3.2GHz 540 800FSB 1MB Cache

What is the best I can get for about $150.
Thank You in advance for any help you guys can give me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-mobo-help-plz.420717/
Relevancy 52.03%

After my old computer died i am upgradin the insides to make a really decent computer I am planning on or mobo PC, Upgrading CPU which purchasing some parts namely Hard Drive USb Hub sockets internal ATI Radeon pro Broadband modem- internal Firewire card AMD Athlon FX processor RAM but i don t know how much Creative audigy platinm pro soundcard I don t know what motherboard to get I don t know what i need in a Upgrading PC, which mobo or CPU mobo so any help here would be appreciated Also if i had ME on my original cmputers hard drive and it was totally screwed would it affect Upgrading PC, which mobo or CPU the hard drive I m planning on installing XP on its own on the old drive and wonder if there ll be any compatibility problems This is the siteon the AMD site that shows reccomended mobo s What do these terms mean Revision Form Factor Chipset Bios If anyone knows of a good site to purchase said components from i m ata bit of a loss then this would also be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all, I have a three year old Dell Dimension 4550 and am looking to upgrade my Motherboard. This is something I am looking at: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131484
My question is, will my current 2.0ghz Intel northwood and my PC2700 Ram work in this untill I can upgrade those to a 3.0 ghz cpu and PC3200 RAM? Thanks.....

Relevancy 52.03%

I m going to do a partial upgrade to my computer in a couple weeks and I d like to get some other members opinions Right now I have a computer getting close to two years old I m going to upgrade the RAM motherboard and video card I m a gamer Mobo/VGA/RAM Upgrading and my target is a midheavyweight computer which mine was when it was first built I also do lots of multimedia editing including D rendering Important things to me are quot future-proofing quot especially with Quad core coming out good gaming performance and the best bang for my buck I m thinking about going with an GTS video card because of rave reviews from THG and because of the DX- support Here s the specific one EVGA GTS Any thoughts about this choice Is it worth it Upgrading Mobo/VGA/RAM to go to a DX platform now or should I just get a cheaper card and wait it out Right now I have an x which I need to replace because it doesn t have Shader and I can t play Splinter Cell Double Agent For the mobo I m a bit at odds because I ve used ATi for some time now Would the Asus P N -E be a good choice It caught my eye because of its compatibility with the Quad core and because well it s Asus An alternative I was thinking of was the Abit AW D but it s built for Crossfire Also as a general note is it best to match an nVidia card with nVidia s chipset As for CPU s I m gonna carry over my old lady of a P Prescott until a good Quad core or suitably well-priced Core Duo comes around For RAM I m pretty much set on x GB Crucial Ballistix DDR - Any opinions warnings quot omgwtf quot s etc are appreciated If anyone would like to suggest any alternative pairings I d like to be around - for both the mobo and VGA or around - for all three items nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Foreword Not too sure where to post this Windows XP or this forum so I have posted MOBO + Upgrading CPU in both sorry in any case I'm basically upgrading a motherboard and CPU but keeping all the rest of the hardware in my computer When I boot Windows XP however it gives me a bluescreen with the error message I disabled autorestart to get this Quote Originally Posted by Microshit Upgrading MOBO + CPU A Problem has occurred and Windows has been shut down to prevent further damage to your computer If this is the first time no error recurs you've Upgrading MOBO + CPU seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this error appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer clean as of upgrade Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your Upgrading MOBO + CPU hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F NOT DONE AS OF YET to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical Information STOP x B XF B D XC X x Originally thought it was a driver incompatability issue but I have tried Safe Mode and that didn't work same error As mentioned have not yet run CHKDISK but the drives ran fine with the old MOBO CPU so it SHOULDN'T be that Currently have HDD The one that came with the new mobo and older ones If I plug in the one that came with the mobo and plug in all but the two older hard drives it works fine The new mobo's hard drive also has an installed copy of Windows XP different CD Key though Confirmed that IDE cables are in correctly with the Master HDD Connected as Primary Master Possible causes that I can think of include Windows does not accept different MOBO CPU combination for the same installation piracy Driver incompatability Windows has been set to work with a MOBO CPU combination and upon changing this cannot execute certain startup processes Running Prescott DDR MOBO Intel P GHz Processor Creative Live -bitDE Geforce FX CD DVD drives that I've tried booting with and booting without Old setup was the same except with a Gigabyte P Titan MOBO Intel P GHz Processor Have the Windows Disc on me and booting from CD Repair Console runs fine Please help any ideas would be much appreciated If you need any other information feel free to ask Would preferably not want to reinstall Windows although now that I can back-up User Info it's not that big a deal

A:Upgrading MOBO + CPU

Technically, replacing the CPU and MoBo would require you to by a new license for XP (if the one you have is an OEM version - the OEM version EULA states that you cannot transfer it to another system).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/upgrading-mobo-cpu-81124.html
Relevancy 52.03%

This is probably a noob question. I am thinking about upgrading my HP computer's Cpu and MoBo. I currently run i3-530 with stock motherboard H57 chipset. I want to upgrade to i5 2500k with a p67chipset. Windows 7 came preloaded with no installation DVD. What are the chances of upgrading and the system booting right up without having to do a clean install? If I have to reinstall OS can I spare the info on my harddrive or must it be reformatted.

Thank You Very much for your help.

A:Upgrading CPU and MOBO

You will need to do a clean install, buy a new Windows key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/144212-upgrading-cpu-mobo.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I m taking on a mobo and cpu Upgrading challange of a different nature by aquiring a core duo processor e Ghz by accident the other day for about bucks on ebay I bought a compaq evo d on ebay at the end of last year for my office computer just to do word processsing Upgrading cpu and mobo network etc spent bucks and put a new lite-on cdrw and usb plugs and recently upgraded the ram to random number but I had some left over from another computer so I through it all in there Anyway the processor will be here in a day or two and I want to put it in the EVO however I dont really want to buy a new tower etc I like the quot Rat Rod quot look I know Im going to have to upgrade the power supply and possibly fan but could someone recommend a good Motherboard Im not a gamer so thats really not important probably just the onboard graphics will do I may end up taking it home and hooking it to the flatscreen and using it as the media hub down the road but not sure Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated also any pitfalls I should look out for I have never changed out the MB and Processor before In my mind i take it all apart put the new MB and processor in hook it all back up and it would be nice if it fired right up off the old HD and here we went However I m not that nieve and am sure I will be back on here saying it was the dumbest decision ever Im not to that point yet Thanks guys I look forward to furthering my computer knowledge nbsp

A:Upgrading cpu and mobo

Sorry I forgot a 0 its an Evo D500
the form factor is "desktop" with the drives being on the right of the case.

And yes it comes with a warranty and its in a sealed box, not really sure but if something goes screwball ill le tyou know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-cpu-and-mobo.100494/
Relevancy 52.03%

This is probably a noob question. I am thinking about upgrading my HP computer's Cpu and MoBo. I currently run i3-530 with stock motherboard H57 chipset. I want to upgrade to i5 2500k with a p67chipset. Windows 7 came preloaded with no installation DVD. What are the chances of upgrading and the system booting right up without having to do a clean install? If I have to reinstall OS can I spare the info on my harddrive or must it be reformatted.

Thank You Very much for your help.

A:upgrading cpu & mobo

If you want a 2500K, you will have to get a new motherboard with the p67 chipset.

Such motherboards are all under a recall notice and likely will be for at least 2 more months.

Even if the motherboards were readily available, the first thing I would investigate is how standard your HP case is. It may have some proprietary features that make it difficult to upgrade--in which case you would have to buy a new standard ATX case.

As far as the OS goes, I've heard that Windows 7 is much more forgiving of new motherboards than earlier Windows versions, but I don't know how accurate that is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/144213-upgrading-cpu-mobo.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey there.
I'm not overly knowledgeable when it comes to whats better than what.
I'm looking to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard from what I currently have.
I recently purchased a GeForce GTX 680 but I am seeing minimal improvement from my previous GeForce GTX 480, and have come to the conclusion its my CPU holding me back.

Current specs -
OS - Windows 7 Home
CPU - Intel i7 930 @ 2.80GHz
Motherboard - Gigabyte X58A-UD5

I have been told in the past I cannot replace one and not the other due to my CPU/Motherboard being 1366 pin which is no longer in make.

Basically I am looking for suggestions for upgrades without spending a ridiculous amount.
I am upgrading my entire rig by the end of the year, so it is mainly to hold me over before then.

Thanks,
Gobby.

A:Upgrading CPU and MoBo.

How much money do you want to spend? If you're going to upgrade the whole system anyway may I suggest you wait instead of doing a stop-gap upgrade. There's no way to do it on the cheap.
It is probably your mobo causing the problem and not the CPU, which is a good one.

What is your main use of your rig?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274831-upgrading-cpu-mobo.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i plan on upgrading to a GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AMD 9 Series FX Motherboard from a GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2 nForce 630a Motherboard is there anything i should know before atempting this? will i have to reinstall windows 7? ty for any help

A:upgrading mobo

I haven't done that upgrade, but a clean install of Win7 is usually recommended for a major change.

You could also consider using Sysprep to convert the windows installation to a generic one. (That's if the system is still running with the old motherboard.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219698-upgrading-mobo.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been out of the computer gaming Mobo? a Upgrading Lenovo rig scene for awhile but recently decided to get back into it I decided to go ahead and just buy a pre-built Lenovo Ideacentre K with g ddr memory and a rd generation Intel core i processor and do some modifications I added an w thermaltake power supply and nvidia gtx ti video card to beef it up This setup is fine for now but I have been thinking about upgrading down the line and I have some issues upgrading to an sli configuration is possible but takes up all bottom expansion slots and covers up the only pciex slot where I would have put Upgrading a Lenovo Mobo? a sound card and are stacked precariously Upgrading a Lenovo Mobo? close to each making me worry about heat problems To fix problem I would want to upgrade my motherboard to something bigger with more pciex slots like the Asus Vmax series and get a bigger case Now then my question is if I get a new case and a new motherboard can I just hot swap out my other components into it and do an install from my Win disc that came with my pc or am I going to have to format the hard drive and eat the price of a new windows installation nbsp

A:Upgrading a Lenovo Mobo?

Now then my question is if I get a new case and a new motherboard can I just hot swap out my other components into it and do an install from my Win7 disc that came with my pc? or am I going to have to format the hard drive and eat the price of a new windows installation?

Yes you will, sounds like you should have built one in the first place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-a-lenovo-mobo.1071044/
Relevancy 51.17%

Currently I have a ASUS A V X-X mobo with an Athlon chip on it but have been having some quirky problems My video card wouldn t work at all pro then I fixed the vid card problem but it still boots funny when its cold no display untill windows loads then requires a reboot in order to play games like it needs to be warmed up new mobo drivers got the card working but the section on ATI s website for the cold boot problem provides no solution I get strange shutdowns and restarts somtimes aswell some times it will just reboot while your doing something and other times when i click shutdown it will reboot for no reason while your doing somthing and I ve had to reformat winXP home twice because it will startup and say the OS on D has a messed up config when the OS is on C I have a felling this all be leading back to a strange compatiblity problem between the mobo and my attached hardware So I am gonna get the computer guy to switch out my ASUS board and for an intel based mobo and a ghz chip What should I get i and Upgrading Mobo, suggestions any my CPU would like a ghz intel chip and a very stable Mobo but don t really know what to look for when it comes to Upgrading my CPU and Mobo, any suggestions stablility I would love the bigger CPU it would really help with all the programs i run and would keep from having to upgrade for a while thanx nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey, I need a little input..

I am upgradeing an old Hp Pavilion 500mhz celron, well rather severly. I am going to pull the MOBO and replace it with an AMD socket-A w/ an athlon XP processor.

I found a good deal on all the parts, but I need to get some thoughts on what kind out troubles I might run into. The RAM is exchangeable, I checked. But I question if the power supply will work. Anyone have any clue as to what will work with it?

The new one is a ATX Formfactor.. if that helps.
Lyrical

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello to all New here and if my post lacks some important Questions upgrading about MOBO... info I apologize in advance Due to a USB problem that led to a hasty replacement of the motherboard I m Questions about upgrading MOBO... looking to upgrade the MOBO The system as it is now Monarch tower computer custom build yrs ago Win XP I have the disk Asus P -MX motherboard Bus clock mHz Pentium GHz gb memory Audigy soundcard The computer seems to hang and just isn t as responsive as it was with the original board an Asus P E-Deluxe My main use for this computer would be music creation use a lot of Adobe Audition Sound Forge etc so it needs to be fast amp stable I d want to keep all the drives I have now My questions are What board s should I look at to replace this one What specs are the important ones Don t need the latest greatest will not overclock not a gamer but not interested in going el-cheapo amp want an upgrade from the original board Considering that my XP went from the old board to this one am I looking at a problem with the install on a new board I ve been told that if I upgrade the MoBo I should upgrade both the memory amp processor Is this true Can I use the older stuff Will I need to do a clean install of XP on the new set-up Sorry to hit the forum with so many questions in one post but I m pretty confused - Thanks for any amp all input nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I am switching my striker Extreme for a Striker II Formula. What kind of complications should I expect. Can I just switch them out?

A:Upgrading Mobo, what to expect

You will need to reformat you hardrive if you are changing mobo if you want it to work properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-mobo-what-to-expect.676808/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, tomorrow I am planning on upgrading my current build:
Q6600
GTX 295
4gb G.Skill 1066mhz
EVGA 780i SLI Motherboard
Win7 RC 32bit
To a new i7 920 cpu, EVGA X58 motherboard, and 4gb of DDR3.

I was wondering how (if possible) to do this without having to wipe my harddrive.
Or, if there is no way to do this successfully, how to wipe my HDD and reinstalling Win7 (Or if I can just do repair .. ) on the clean HDD. I have heard many conflicting reports on various forums of how to wipe/repair using Win7, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Upgrading MoBo/CPU on Windows 7

Assemble your new rig with everything except the HDD. Leave your existing rig intact.

Attach your HDD to the new rig. Will it boot stable? Good. If not, you will need a clean install.

Changing chipsets (new mobo) is the snag. I have lost virtual money on this forum re: this issue, but I have also won some bets.

Even if it does boot, I would not trust it.

Besides, go 64-bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/21861-upgrading-mobo-cpu-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I currently have a 600W PSU by Xilence Power.

I've recently upgraded to a more powerful video card (HD 5700 series) and since then, when I start up my computer, it does not start up right away and instead my hard drive makes about 15 whirring noises (like it's starting up but then winds down) before POSTing and starting up. I was told it was my PSU's lack of power causing it.

Now I want to upgrade to an ASUS AM3 mobo and Phenom II x4 processor.
What is a recommended PSU wattage?

Someone said 6 cores is not needed for gaming. World of Warcraft requires CPU power in 25 people raids. I have a dual core 2.2 GHz and my FPS drops to under 10 FPS. What would fix it? x4 core with more GHz or x6 with less GHz than the x4?

A:Upgrading PSU, mobo, CPU - How powerful do I need?

Many games don't utilize multiple core cpus. I don't play WoW, so I'm not sure about that one. In any case, for games that don't utilize multiple cores, the number of cores won't matter, it would be more beneficial to have a faster speed.

As for the power supply, get a quality unit (Corsair or SeaSonic), 750 or higher.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-psu-mobo-cpu-how-powerful-do-i-need.1000089/
Relevancy 51.17%

Current PC info Windows OS AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor GHz MSI K A GM-FIH GB ram PS MSI GeForce GTX Ti and a GB HD This of course runs on an AMD chipset I am upgrading my system with MB MSI Z M GAMING MATX R CPU INTEL CORE MOBO different chipsets with CPU and Upgrading I G M R and MEM G KINGSTON HX C F R This change will of course change my chipset to Intel I have been researching the web about how difficult this will be to do since I'm really not certain on how to proceed What all do I need to uninstall from my system before making this major change How will this affect my Windows installation that I just recently upgraded to I've checked out Microsoft's dealing on this and being money hungry as they are they consider a new motherboard as a new system They claim if you buy a system with the OS already installed that you don't have Upgrading MOBO and CPU with different chipsets rights to the OS but I had my system custom built and bought my OS software for the build which at the time was Windows XP I just recently upgrading to Windows when XP went obsolete I know I'm probably not making a lot of sense but I don't want to have to buy a new OS just to upgrade an outdated system Any links or suggestions on how to make this an easy change over will be much appreciated Everything I have found so far is so out of date that I can't be certain what would be the proper solution for me Thanks for you time

A:Upgrading MOBO and CPU with different chipsets

Quote: Originally Posted by Oz1956

I had my system custom built and bought my OS software for the build, which at the time was Windows XP. I just recently upgrading to Windows 7, when XP went obsolete.

What, exactly, did you buy when "recently upgrading to Windows 7"?

A download that you burned?

A Product Key only?

A so-called retail disk from a standard source like Best Buy or Newegg?

Some other type of disk from some other type of source?

Do you have any problems with doing a clean install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/358960-upgrading-mobo-cpu-different-chipsets.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey just got a new mobo and processor to upgrade my current computer, will my OS work if I just replace the mobo and processor or do I have to take extra steps in order for it to work?

A:Upgrading MOBO and processor....

It will if it's the same motherboard, but if it isn't you will need to reinstall the OS. You may get away with just doing a repair of the OS, but that's never a guarantee though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-mobo-and-processor.1155421/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi (first post here) iv just upgraded my mobo, dvd rw, memory and hdd. I was running XP pro OEM so I new i may have a problem when it came to install time. My last hdd failed just days before upgrade time. Anyways my question is, now I get the FAILED WGA msg can I upgrade to vista UPGRADE PACKAGE instead of buying the full retail or OEM versions. I dont really plan on major upgrading in the future but you never now so I d rather stay away from OEM versions, and a full retail copy is pushing the old wallet far and beyond. Any advice would be great cheers.

A:Failed Wga After Upgrading Mobo

You are supposed to activate first? If that fails then you get a phone number to call and work out the mess with Microsoft, they may have to give you a new number, then you go to the updates and you should pass validation if you are legal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131360/failed-wga-after-upgrading-mobo/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m currently running an Asrock core - mobo which was bundled with a Pentium Dual Core e cpu factory oc d from to ghz I use an Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro to keep temps nice n low Mem consists of x gb sticks of PNY PC - mhz ram Graphics are supplied by aSapphire HD mb PCIe graphics A Mobo... Factory On The Upgrading OC'd CPU card Its all powered with a decent single rail w power supply I ve just purchased a Core Duo e and i ve heard that this cpu can be taken up to ghz from its default ghz safely on air cooling with a good quality cooler of course Will I be able to drop the e straight into the motherboard using the existing bios settings to achieve a safe OC or would it be better to err on the side of safety and reset the bios to default settings Even on default settings I should see a significant performance Upgrading The CPU On A Factory OC'd Mobo... advantage over the Pentium Dual Core Upgrading The CPU On A Factory OC'd Mobo... nbsp

A:Upgrading The CPU On A Factory OC'd Mobo...

The BIOS settings for one CPU generally do not transfer over to another CPU, the system should just reconfigure itself for the new CPU. But I would recommend resetting the BIOS back to defaults, anyway since they may have forced some setting to maintain the overclock they've set. Asrock achieved the overclock by forcing a 1333MHz FSB onto the Pentium Dual Core, the E6850 runs a 1333Mhz FSB stock.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-the-cpu-on-a-factory-ocd-mobo.917508/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey all, I want to do a small upgrade...basically change my mobo from a p4s533-E to a P4P800SE
just cuz i have an AIW x800XT with X8 AGP and my mobo only runs x4 max
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Asustek_MB_ASUS_P4P800SE_865PE_ICH5_RET~r-1~CLT-INTR~RFR-www.google.ca

probably difficult to find one but i wanna try..

my processor is a northword 2.4 p4
1gig ocz RAM
antec true power 2.2 550W
p4s533-e
diamondmax 250 hdd
x800xt AIW
Audigy SB live

i only do this if i can get the mobo for cheap...i'm sure my video card is being bottlenecked!
just wanna be sure i won't have any problems switching my mobo from the p4s533-e to the P4P800SE

A:Is it worth upgrading my mobo?

i'm currently at work right now..but i'm sure my chipset is 478 on my current rig
so i found a bunch of cheap mobos going for around 50-80CD$

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=182

this one caught my eye...

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14190&vpn=P4S800D-X&manufacture=ASUS

recommendations anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-upgrading-my-mobo.60842/
Relevancy 51.17%

Should I get the P4 2.6 or AMD 2800. (The Mobo choice is Asus for either.) The sales guy was talking up the AMD cause it "is faster" even though his store would be making less money. I can get the AMD chip and mobo for about $439(with DDR memory) or the P4 chip and mobo(with same memory) for about $50 more.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all!

I've grown accustomed to formatting my system every time I do an upgrade of major components, but the tediousness and length of time required can be a bit frustrating especially as it takes me awhile to get everything placed / re-setup on my system the way I like it (yes, I'm one of THOSE people, haha!)

I figure I will end up doing a complete format anyway, but I was just curious if anybody's ever done this before and how difficult it was for them...? I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit at the moment.

I've had people tell me it's nigh on impossible, others tell me you just have to make sure all the drivers for the previous motherboard were removed....

Thoughts? Thanks!

A:Upgrading to new CPU/RAM/mobo/PSU without format...?

Hi

I have not used it, however Paragon software offer a "Migration" method just for what you want to do.
I don't know of any freeware version of the same.

I'm one of THOSE people too !

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309232-upgrading-new-cpu-ram-mobo-psu-without-format.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am looking to do some upgrades to my desktop, which is currently running Windows Vista Business x64 (OEM system builder license). It is a PC that I built myself several years back. I want to upgrade it to Windows 7 Pro x64 and upgrade the CPU, motherboard and RAM.

I found a copy of Windows 7 Pro for Refurb PC's that is specifically for upgrading from Vista Business, so I think that I have the Windows upgrade part covered.

I was wondering if I should upgrade the hardware before upgrading Windows or do it afterward? Though, I have an uneasy feeling that neither Windows license will accept that major of a hardware change. I was really hoping that I would not have to start fresh and reinstall all of my programs.

A:Issues upgrading CPU and mobo with Vista or 7?

You are gonna do the upgrades 1st.

Windows may still boot, you never know. But it`s best to reinstall windows when changing the motherboard unless it`s the same exact model.

As long as you have your Vista key, you should be fine with the upgrade.

If windows no longer boots, you`ll be forced to re install, or attempt a repair install.

Best to clean install 7

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353749-issues-upgrading-cpu-mobo-vista-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am currently running a P cpu with i believe is an asus board well its a sony vaio that i ve had for years now anyways i recently bought a new mobo cpu ram and new Axio X case with W psu my problem is that when I boot the comp it boots for about seconds than the power just shuts off i ve made sure that the board is not touching the case with spacer and that it is not shorting out on me i m using my old G HDD but cpu to problem mobo/p4 intel upgrading i ve tried to boot it up w upgrading to intel mobo/p4 cpu problem o the HD plugged in and out but still have the same problem just wondering if any one might have a clue as to why the power supply shuts off after a few seconds My specs on the new comp is Intel GLC mobo Intel P E w HT Kingston Mb DDR ram Axio X case w W psu nbsp

A:upgrading to intel mobo/p4 cpu problem

Welcome to Techspot!

The X5 case should include ATX12v 480v... P4 and AMD Required a 4 pins for 12v extra power. check again and ensure all the plug are connected secured.

The picture is same idea for ATX12v square plug.
_--_
|DO|
|OD|
-----

you might find it with only 4 yellow and black wire.

let us know if it still not working. P.S. If you look at the PSU information and you didnt find ATX12V, you should scrap the pSU and buy aother one with ATX12V. SORRY

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OR your P4 possible have some of heat issues. Make sure P4 heatsink firmly on flat with P4 and ensure it include the thermal grease or Thermal pad.

THE RECKONING

EDITED: 3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-to-intel-mobo-p4-cpu-problem.16769/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an older Micron computer that I would like to upgrade Over the last year I ve had to replace the H D the video card CD burner and of the ram sticks Mobo? year Micron, old 4 Upgrading I would like to upgrade the rest of the out dated stuff The CPU is the main thing I want to bring up to date and in doing so I would need to change the M B It currently is a Gig AMD Athlon My question is How much of the components that I currently have are reusable - can I just get a M B and put it in the original case and get a new CPU and Ram and reuse the H D Video Card ect What all is entailed in making this upgrade or am I better off starting with a new case and all I just want to speed up desktop applications photo apps very little serious gaming I have a GForce MX MB video card gig H D and DVD and CD burner Any suggestions will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Ok i upgraded my cpu/mobo from intel to AMD. When i tried booting up it gave me a blue screen saying that its going to shut down to prevent damage to my computer and yada yada yada then at the bottom gave me a STOP error. I figure it was problems with drivers from mobo to mobo. so i tried to format the partition of the hdd using my XP cd and during installation of windows that same error comes back up. Is the hdd bad? Am i doing something wrong? Should i fdisk the hdd and format? i figured just fdisking it using a win 98 boot disk would fix it. Maybe the mbr is screwed up? what gives here? any suggestions? Please help me out.

Relevancy 50.74%

If I upgrade my mobo and processor and install my xp that has already been
"activated" for my old system will microsoft let me reactivate it in my new system? For that matter if I reinstall on the present system that it is already on will I have to reactivate it?
I'm kinda confussed about this activation stuff.

A:xp activation after upgrading mobo and processor

and welcome to the Forum

If you reinstall, which is the smart thing to do, you will have to activate . . it's quick and simpole, even if you have to call. Don't let it bother you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-activation-after-upgrading-mobo-and-processor-420075.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I need help i need to know what would be the best CPU for this motherboard and what EXACTLY it can handle because i would really like to puch it and be able to use this thign for at least more months this is the specs on my mobo from the HP website the mother board is an ASUS A V-VM Motherboard Supplier ASUS System BIOS Supplier Phoenix Form Factor uATX Processor Brand AMD Processor Socket Type Socket-A PGA Processor Family Athlon T-Bird Palomino Duron Spitfire Morgan Maximum Processor Core Frequency GHz Palomino GHz T-Bird Ghz Morgan Proc Front Side Bus Freq MHz Chipset Name Via KM A Chipset quot North Bridge quot amp Revision KM A VT A Chipset quot South Bridge quot amp Revision VT C B can handle, my I'm mobo CPU upgrading Need fastest my kno the CPU to rev CE Super I O N A Flash BIOS Device Xbus Mbit Memory Type SDRAM Memory Speed PC Memory Sockets Additional Info on my sys BIOS version PhoenixBIOS Release G for Asustek Chipset Via VT KT KM Sys controller Southbridge VT C A PCI to ISA Bridge No DMI SMBIOS Prensent Current processor AMD Athlon Ghz x MHz DDR if anyone has any sugestions or knows what I should do please tell me i read this post in another forum whiel trying to figure this info out my self you can check it out just go here http forums pcper com Need to kno the fastest CPU my mobo can handle, I'm upgrading my CPU showthread php s amp Need to kno the fastest CPU my mobo can handle, I'm upgrading my CPU postid as it says in a few of those posts the FSB speed can it be different than like what can run and I know HP posted the limits on it but as in a few of the posts on the other site it said you could probably run up to a XP but i dont want to waste my money so does anyone know exactly what the limitations are and what would be the fastest type of AMD processors that i could use and that would work on this mobo with the BIOS i have or if i could change the BIOS though it could be locked i dont know any suggestions or comments will be useful so please help If you need any additional details I would be more than happy to find them out for you thank you nbsp

A:Need to kno the fastest CPU my mobo can handle, I'm upgrading my CPU

According to the posted specs, the motherboard supports a "max" of a 1.67ghz palomino, which is the AXP 2000+

However, I've used several A7Ms with KT133A chipset and I've had mixed results. All of them were able to handle a 2100+ Palomino, but not thouroughbreds of any sort.

Getting your hands on a palomino might be more difficult these days because they have long since been discontinued. I have a few, they are quite the heaters. I'd say try to get your hands on a 2000+ if you want to upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-kno-the-fastest-cpu-my-mobo-can-handle-im-upgrading-my-cpu.28741/
Relevancy 50.74%

well i needa better video card for my pc cos it is crappy 64mb integrated *extreme* graphics and i am not sure what kind of card my mobo takes (i am not even sure if it has a slot for one....) i have a *Gigabyte GA-8I865GVMK*

help would be muchly appreciated ty in advance

A:upgrading video card--mobo

It looks like your motherboard only has PCI slots, no AGP slot. That is going to limit your choices. There are some decent PCI cards out there but they're not very common. A few cards you can get would be the Nvidia Geforce 5500 or 5700 or an ATi 9250. Not exactly top performers but should be better than what you have now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-video-card-mobo.42687/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone first post here After an incruciating academic year I ve decided to cheer myself up by self-upgrading need Upgrading computer, mobo serious my help on decision... my aging computer an HP Media Center Edition x basic specs as follows P HT w FSB Socket mPGA ASUS P SD-LA Motherboard for uATX micro cases Phoenix - Award Bios On-board RealTek L Ethernet On-board audio w Dolby in -channels mb RAM A DVD RW and a DVD-ROM GB Upgrading my computer, need serious help on mobo decision... rpm HDD GeForce FX mb w AGP x w PSU Windows Media Center Edition and a bunch of irrelevant hardware amp software Over the last few months I ve been slowly buying parts that I d need to upgrade but I need a master s advice to finalize everything by the mobo decision and build up the computer These are the parts I ve got For my puny Upgrading my computer, need serious help on mobo decision... PSU s replacement a Cooler Master W PSU For the RAM x GB Corsair Twinx -pin DDR PC For graphics card I ve just got eVGA GeForce GT PCI-Ex w ram I bought all these with the biggest rebates I could find because I m on a budget As you can see I ve not bought a sound card nor an ethernet adapter hoping to get them with the mobo Now like everyone else I would like to spend as little as possible to have everything I need for the task and thus I ve decided to keep my harddisk and CPU if I can to upgrade them later on if needed So what I m looking for should be a quality board small enough to fit in a microATX should support PCI-E video cards and shouldn t have any compatibility issues with any of the parts that I ve bought or I plan to go on using and preferrably should have on board audio amp ethernet to save up costs I would greatly appreciate any recommendations on this mobo or advice on other parts what I should be doing etc If you need more info I d be more than happy to come up with whatever I could find Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Upgrading my computer, need serious help on mobo decision...

if you are in the US then go to newegg and look at the socket 478 Asus Boards they have. they are the best quality socket 478 board still available. you should not have a problem finding the board you need there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-computer-need-serious-help-on-mobo-decision.50444/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I just found out by the local tech shop is that my mobo crashed and the tech shop tried to contact the manufacturer of the board and it was discontinued. Also they said if we call Gateway they will tax us like 200$, so I figured I might as well update it.

If I can remember right(cause the system is still at the shop) the specs were:
Gateway
Amd 2.2ghz
1gig of ram
120 hard drive
6600gt geforce video card
antec 500 watt psu
Now I want to upgrade the mobo,cpu, and ram. I've been reading that I will have to reinstall windows? How do I go about finding a compatible motherboard and processor?How can I transfer the info from the old hard drive to this new 200 gig I have? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-a-motherboard-cause-original-mobo-crashed.661026/
Relevancy 50.31%

Here is the site for upgrading the BIOS on it http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?SLanguage=en-us AFUDOS (First Link)
I don't fully understand what the site says. The reasons I need to upgrade is to support the CPU it doesn't support with factory installed BIOS.

I would really like someone would fully explain this.

Thank you very much !!!!

A:Need help upgrading BIOS on a ASUS K8V SE DELUXE MOBO

Please got floppys on stanby. Don't lecture me the bumping a thread. I have been a memeber for a while I understand the guidelines, but I need this done A SAP.

Thanks guys/gails

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-upgrading-bios-on-a-asus-k8v-se-deluxe-mobo.53080/
Relevancy 50.31%

So I m buying a new computer with a Amd Phenom Ii X t ghz Processor I can select to upgrade the motherboard but am not sure if it s really worth it or if I will see any real differences One thing I want is dual monitors I m upgrading the graphics card to have two dvi outs if I went with a Ecs A gm-M Am Esata Hdmi Dvi amp a would this give me the ability to have dual monitors using the onboard video Below is the list of my options give me your thoughts new Buying worth mobo? upgrading computer, thanks very much in advance Amd Socket Am Am Athlon Ii Phenom Amd Am Am Ddr Pci-E Sata Mboard Ecs Buying new computer, worth upgrading mobo? Mcp m-M Socket Am Ddr- Mboard Add Ecs A gm-M Am Ddr Buying new computer, worth upgrading mobo? Pci-E Ati Hd Add Biostar Mcp p Am Nvidia Motherboard Add Asus M n t-M Am Ddr - Mboard Add Asus M a lt-M Le Am g Ddr Mboard Add Ecs A gm-M Ddr Amd g Radeon Hd Add Msi gm-E g Ddr Hybrid Crossfire Add Ecs A gm-Ad Am Ddr Hybrid Crossfire Add Biostar A g Amd g Am Motherboard Add Asus M a t-M Am Amd g mt S Ddr Add Msi gm-E Am Amd g Motherboard Add Ecs A gm-M Am Esata Hdmi Dvi amp a Add Msi gm-E g Ddr Am Hdmi Esata Add Asrock gm-Le Am Amd g Motherboard Add nbsp

A:Buying new computer, worth upgrading mobo?

1394A is for Firewire 400 connectors, and absolutely nothing to do with your video card.

Considering the new AMD "Bull Dozer" platform is due to be released shortly I wouldn't go mad on a new motherboard.

Most of todays current graphics cards will come with the connectors to facilitate the connection of at least two displays, so that shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-worth-upgrading-mobo.164538/
Relevancy 50.31%

Folks pls help my ye olde desktop like to play around with old systems with these specs- Tech Support Upgrading Mobo Solved: Maxtone RAM or replacing on Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium Solved: Upgrading or replacing RAM on Maxtone Mobo R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - Solved: Upgrading or replacing RAM on Maxtone Mobo MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard i -C XP Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Mobo is Maxtone RAM is Hynix A HY DU T-H DDR SDRAM Banks x M I wish to upgrade the Memory but can not make out what is the specs of the RAM ie DDR OR Is it MHz Since above hard to get in mb and higher I am open to replacing this totally and install a diff make with higher MB But what should I look for what is compatible for this Mobo I think I can upgrade it by GB ie gb x pces sticks as Mobo has slots Apprec tips and any help from members Thanks a load cheers nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey hey I ve been out of the make-your-own-computer scene now for about a year or two What I want to do is make a Gaming Art Rendering computer I want to get a nearly-full set of computer parts but I want to keep some of Upgrading help computer... with AMD/MOBO/[email protected] what I ve already got I guess I should start from the begining before I go further on I m wanting to do a couple of things keep some old parts get new parts Here are the current things I m thinking of keeping I ll keep my gfx processor NVIDIA GeForce FX Ultra MB AGP x MPixels s pixel fillrate my termonaligy may be bad along with spelling feel Upgrading computer... help with AMD/MOBO/[email protected] free to correct if necessary Keeping hard drives GB primary GB first slave GB second slave GB third slave Keeping Raid controller PCI SCSI Keeping CRT monitor The rest I think I m going to upgrade Currently I have x PC DDR SDRAM - MHZ sticks to the best of my knowledge Upgrading computer... help with AMD/MOBO/[email protected] these pretty much suck now I want to replace upgrade away from these Processor is GHZ Pentium dont know why seemed smart at the time Mobo can go Alright now the real questions begin Has anyone purchased entire sets from Newegg before Personally I was looking at the cheap-end dual core processors http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E But I d be up for anything as long as it performs well I want to be able to game well but I dont know where the power in that lies gfx card mem or processor I want to get some more ram and faster ram than my POS ram Also I dont know how to match up MOBOs with processors I know get an AMD MOBO for an AMD processor but thats about it Any reccomendations for my delimma EDIT Additionally I have a PCI Soundblaster I ll keep too nbsp

A:Upgrading computer... help with AMD/MOBO/[email protected]

Answered some of my questions?

Please help out if someone can. I believe you can match up the processor with a MOBO by matching it up with the proper number of sockets (939 socket processor goes with a 939 socket mobo). I assembeled a list together please take a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-computer-help-with-amd-mobo-memory-newegg.36287/
Relevancy 49.45%

Well, like most people I am broke and on a budget. From my PC profile you can tell that this upgrade is overdue.

As mentioned in the subject I am upgrading from a 1.7 Celeron to a P4 3.0E(i believe) w/ HTT. I have looked at newegg for a 478 socket mobo and I have come to some variations of a Asus P4S800 line. Are these boards worth anything? I am looking for a mobo in the "sweet spot".

Any feedback will be appriciated.

Mike

A:Upgrading from a 1.7 Celeron(laughs) to a P4 3.0, open to suggestions on a mobo

Those are very good boards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-a-1-7-celeron-laughs-to-a-p4-3-0-open-to-suggestions-on-a-mobo.18781/
Relevancy 49.02%

I want to upgrade my motherboard to a 4 slot PCIE one and get two HD7950's or HD7970's. I already have two HD6770's crossifred. I want to know if I could run a pair of 7950's or 7970's crossfired as my main GPUs and use my old 6770's as extra GPUs (For dedicated bitcoin mining). When I'm not using the PC I want to run the 7950's or 7970's (not in crossfire mode) along with the two 6770's for bitcoin mining and maximize my hash rate outputs for bigger profits. Is this possible? Having two sets of different cards and having them detected properly.

A:Upgrading GPUs & MOBO, need advice on 4 slot PCIE setup

Not seeing much in choices, this is highest cost AMD AM3+ board with 4 PCIe, but they are 2 16x, 2 8x, no idea on effectiveness of those, never have even crossfired or SLI'd 2 let alone 4.

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support and UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/296939-upgrading-gpus-mobo-need-advice-4-slot-pcie-setup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am adding some RAM to a friends computer and have come across quite a unique problem. I told him to go to crucial.com, put in his mobo board make, and then his model and it will tell him what RAM he needs to by so I can pop it in for him. His Mobo is an Elitegroup (ECS) P4VMM2. I got the RAM which is PC3200 512 Mb 184 pin. I opened his computer and he has 4 memory slots in his computer. 2-DDR slots and 2SD DDR slots. I go to the ECS website and download the manual and it doesn't show the SD DDR slot's, just the DDR slots. I removed the PC 133 card and installed the new DDR card and it will not even try to boot up. Has anyone seen this before? If so, how can I get the DDR slots to start working and disable the SD DDR slots?

A:Mobo RAM question

i thought that mobo only supported DDR266. don't worry, DDR400 is backwards compatible with 266/333.

is the new RAM installed in the first slot (bank 0)? RAM needs to be installed in bank 0 first, filling 1, 2, and 3 as more RAM is added.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-ram-question.65255/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Toshiba Satellite p755-s5320 and I have upgraded to a SSD drive, but still want faster. Would I be able to update/upgrade to a better/faster mobo (if so what do you guru's recommend?)? Or would I be better of just purchasing a newer computer with better specs, as sometimes this is easier on the wallet.

A:MoBo Question

Is this possible, or should I either 1) purchase the same motherboard, or 2) upgrade to a better computer specs wise??

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/125984-mobo-question.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Just joined the boards and am amazed at the amount of info on them. I'm also amazed by all the problems with eMachines p/s and fried mobo's. I, personally have a HP Media Center PC (m7640n) which I trully enjoy. A buddy of mine that knows I tinker with computers brought me his eMachine T2885 and asked me to see what I could do with it. After reading some of the posts here on the boards, my initial check was the p/s and yes it was bad. I replaced the p/s with another I had as a spare which does work (after testing) but only causes the green led to light on the mobo and spin the fan about one revolution, then nothing. Can I assume that the failure of the old p/s fried the motherboard or.................I'm open for suggestions!

A:Mobo question!

Common misconception. We have found through actual test that at least many models fail in the motherboard, thus causing the power supply to fail. The T-2885 is one of those.
The motherboards were originally decent designs, but were licensed to Tri-Gem of Korea, and others, where they were designed into a disaster that seems to never end. There are 14 bad models, where the failure rates after 18 months are above 50%.
The problems occur in Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Costco models... among others.
We do not know of a fix. If you replace the motherboard with one from eMachines, then your software and hard drive will work. But that is $159.95 plus shipping and another $60 for the power supply. If you buy the board from eMachines, it will fail in about two years, again.
If you use another board, then the Windows Install and the hard drive will not work without a reformat.
Still, the best solution is a motherboard by a different brand, along with a new version of Windows XP, and a power supply. Total cost: $160.
Your hard drive will be good. The data can usually be saved. CPU and heat sink are good, and the fan is usually good enough. Memory will not usually be damaged, nor will the optical drives, or modem, or cables.
Good luck. Let us know what you decide.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-question.93844/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am not sure I am in the right spot or not.

I have a question about how to select the right memory for new motherboard. For example, I am looking a motherboard, and I do see some spec. One example is EPoX EP-MF4-J Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 4X ATX AMD Motherboard and the spec for the RAM is DDR2 800 or other mobo that have DDR 600. I like to know will the mobo that have DDR2 ram will work on DDR2 and/or DDR Ram or just the DDR2 ram? Another question is the number after the DDR/DDR2. Let say 800 is the max number but I can use any lower number. For example for DDR 600, can I use the DDR 266?

I am researching the mobo/ram thing since my current cpu is getting out of date when it come to gaming.

A:Question about Mobo/Ram

Almost all current motherboards are either DDR2 or DDR, not both. You must use whatever ram the motherboard has slots for.
AM2 motherboards will use DDR2. If the motherboard supports DDR2/800 you can use DDR2/667 or even DDR2/533. You may need to use memory dividers depending on the bus speed being used and the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-mobo-ram.60986/
Relevancy 45.15%

I need to find out if any mfg ever made a mobo with the following configuration available all on the same board:

Socket 478
AGP 8X video slot
PCI - Express slot

If anyone knows, can you tell me what mfg & model#

Thanks!

A:Mobo Question

Note it only supported 4x PCI-Ex.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P4Dual-880Pro

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-question.119540/
Relevancy 45.15%

The other day I fried my motherboard. I was just wondering if I could have possibly damaged something besides the motherboard.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Fellas, I am having problems with my wifes computer, it is acting laggy and I have a bios error when I log on. My question is if my mobo is 533 fbs and my cpu is a 800 fsb will I have problems? It seemed to run fine for awhlie. However my thought was it would just run at 533fsb ok. But are they not "backwards compatable" as far as the cpu fsb is concered?

Sorry for the noob question, LOL thx guys...

A:mobo cpu question...

That "a" error needs some elaboration. I'm sure it says more than "Error: a" there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-cpu-question.13546/
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought upgrades for my dell dimension a galaxy geforce gb ddr vid card and a ultra LS w psu I ve been having trouble mobo question psu with this for psu mobo question months The psu powers on everything but the video card but doesnt produce any graphics I realized that the psu was on the red switch on the back of the psu I didnt realize that the red switch in the back was psu mobo question on so I switched it to and it powered up the the vid card and finally produced psu mobo question graphics It told me to resart it due to hardware instalation So I turned it off and tried to turn it back on The mobo lights up for about seconds and then it crashes When I put it back on the mobo again lights up but no graphics - - I ve usually been able to figure this kind of stuff out on my own but I cant this time Someone please help me nbsp

A:psu mobo question

Amazon & Newegg user reviews for your Galaxy card are not very impressive. Do you still have your original video card that was previously installed? I doubt your having the output incorrectly set on the psu would have caused the problems. That setting only adjusts for the electrical output from the wall outlet that the PSU receives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162093

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-GeForce-Express-Graphics-21GGE8HX3AUM/dp/B003RH09A4

If you still have the original video card I would uninstall the drivers for the Galaxy card, then remove it & reinstall the original card & see if you then have video output. You might also have to go to Dell support & download the Driver for the original card & install it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psu-mobo-question.1063204/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi could someone please tell me the difference between these two mobos and which one is better.

MSI 865PE NEO2-LS
MSI 865PE NEO2PFS 800FSB DUAL DDR400 SATA8XAGP LAN

The problem is that i want the first one NEO2-LS but when i search for it on dabs or planetmicro i keep getting the second one, im not sure if thats the same board with another name, but i have done so much research into the first board and thats the one i really want. So if someone could please help it would be very helpfull, thank you

Bunty

A:Mobo question

check here the different boards are listed: http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_list.asp?class=mb&cpu=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-question.302135/
Relevancy 45.15%

I was interested in buying a new SLI motherboard, but don't have enough money for another gfx card YET (key word). I was wondering if I can turn off the SLI and only use 1 gfx card until I get a new one.

A:Question about SLI mobo

Yup. I've looked at the ASUS A8N-SLI and it just has a switch to set for SLI or Single mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-sli-mobo.351311/
Relevancy 45.15%

For a new build I'm doing for BF, Im wondering... Should I get the newer nForce 6/7 series or just get what I have so far?
This is what I have:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131011

A:Mobo question

AM2 boards have only either nForce 590 SLI or nForce 680a SLI chipsets. The 680a is a great overclocker and will probably allow for Phenom support as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-question.92540/
Relevancy 45.15%

I was having a computer built for me, but the mobo failed after about 2 hours upon completion. I had Windows 7 OEM version fully installed. Instead of going back to the same mobo with a relativly high failure rate, I am going with the new EVGA Z68 SLI. Will I be able to activate my current Windows 7 OEM on the new mobo through Microsoft after explanation, or is the new mobo going to make my W7 a no-go and I will have no choice but to buy a new, full version of W7?

A:OEM/mobo question

Try Microsoft . . they are usually very understanding about failing Motherboards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/oem-mobo-question-596347.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My mobo is a Intel D945GTP and according to this site http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_res...mit=Go!#DRV I can install vista 32 Bit on it. I would like to know if that mean I can install Win 7 on it and it will work and my chipset drivers will as well? If someone could verify that for me I would greatly appreciate it.thx

A:win 7 and mobo question

Hi , If your able to install Vista then I don't see why you can't with W7 . I have installed W7 64 bit and I didn't use any drivers beside what Microsoft update site had . Everything is working on my computer . For drivers ? My cordless mouse I am using an xp driver which is odd because its working better on W7 then it is on XP lol . I believe there were 2 other drivers on Windows update site , I know one was for my video card and the other my net adapter . I didn't install any chipset , audio and they are working pretty good with W7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194702/win-7-and-mobo-question/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey I have my old custom pc I built many many years ago It has an AMD Athlon CPU the mobo is an Abit K T-NEO and the rest don't matter for my question I looked on the Asus site and it does say that my Athlon would be compatible in my Asus M A MVP Deluxe WiFi mobo which is what I thought was fried but I can't smell or see any evidence of that the CPU in that is an AMD Phenom X Black Edition quad core Now if I put the Athlon CPU on the Asus mobo would it be a much better upgrade than just having it in the Abit mobo The Abit mobo has agp x with gig ram but the Asus mobo has PCIe x express with gig of and mobo.... CPU question new old got about a ram I think my Phenom is fried a bit cuz the flickering and flashing screen is my problem now that got a question about old CPU and new mobo.... I have a temporary new Asus mobo with the Phenom CPU in it Sorry to sound confusing But would my pc work with the flickering quot if quot the CPU is fried Guess that's questions I got for yaz Thanks James

A:got a question about old CPU and new mobo....

Welcome to Seven Forums
1. You would definitely upgrade from your Abit board with the Athlon by using the Asus board if for nothing else going from AGP to PCI-e video.
2. The Asus setup is a far better system of course. As far as the flickering goes you might want to try the Athlon just to see if it is your Phenom CPU.

I think we'd like more information on what exactly your refering to as "Flickering" and why you think it has to do with your CPU and not something else, like say your video card, LCD or cable connections.
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/132266-got-question-about-old-cpu-new-mobo.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've seen a lot of recommendations for the MSI mobos. What's the difference between the K8N Neo and K8T Neo and the K8N Neo Platinum. I've also seen a K8M Neo-V. Lots of confusion here!
I expect to be using the Athlon 64 3000+.
Any negatives about these boards. Or alternatives.

Thanks,

Just to add more confusion how about the MSI K8TM-ISLR which is a lot cheaper (but only 3 PCI slots)?

A:Question on MSI mobo

Hi steve,

This is my personal opinion (no flaming intended!), but I have found MSI boards to be cheap and unreliable (talking from experience).

I highly recommend purchasing an Abit or Asus board instead.

The Abit IS7 is an excellent board that has yet to fail me - its cheap as well

[EDIT] Just realised you are using an AMD - go to www.abit.com.tw and select a prefered Abit board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-msi-mobo.20262/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey I have an AMD sempron w FSB of MHZ I m looking at mobo s online question Mobo and not sure whether to grab either FOXCONN quot K S GXMG- L quot SiS GX Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL Specifications Supported CPU Socket A for AMD Athlon XP Athlon Duron Sempron Chipset SiS GX L FSB MHz RAM x -pin DIMM for DDR Max GB IDE x ATA up to Devices Slots x AGP X X x PCI Ports x PS x COM xVGA x LPT x USB Rear x LAN Audio Ports Onboard Audio Integrated channel AC Realtek Onboard LAN Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC PHY Realtek Onboard Video Mobo question Integrated SiS high-performance graphics Form Factor microATX or Mobo question Supported CPU Socket A AMD Athlon XP Athlon Duron Sempron Processors Chipset SiS L FSB MHz RAM x DIMM for DDR Mobo question Max GB Slots x AGP x PCI Ports x PS xCOM x LPT x USB Rear x RJ x VGA Audio Ports IDE x ATA up to Devices Onboard LAN Integrated Mbps LAN Onboard Audio AC -channel Onboard Video Integrated SiS high-performance graphics controller plus AGP X slot Form Factor MicroATX the diff is in the FSB which I can t exactly remember if i can use the mobo with FSB of cuz my processor has mhz FSB nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello!
I am looking at this combo deal on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.211659
Is the CPU compatible with the motherboard, or does it require a BIOS flash (pretty sure that it does).

How do you flash the BIOS if you don't have a compatible CPU? Or b/c the board is "AM3 ready" does it POST ok and should allow me to enter EZFLash (Asus flashing utility) through the BIOS setup?

A:AM2+/AM3 Mobo Question

Yes, that combo is compatible. The motherboard supports AM3, AM2+ and AM2 socket CPUs. That CPU is AM3. Also, it's a combo deal. They wouldn't have made those 2 a combo deal if they weren't compatible.

Flashing the BIOS will not make a CPU compatible with a motherboard that does not support it's socket. It's not a software incompatibility, it's hardware. With most CPUs, if you try to install it into a motherboard which does not support that CPU, it just simply will not fit into the socket.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/am2-am3-mobo-question.844106/
Relevancy 45.15%

OK, so I started off just wanting a new cpu, then I got a new gpu, now I have a question about my mobo, and perhaps even ram (I do hate computers)

I currently have an ASROCK Conroe 133-667 mobo
(http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0&s=n)

and, 2gb DDR2 Kingston 667 RAM

My CPU is the Intel E5200

Am I right in saying initially that with the FSB on the cpu running at 800, and the ram only running at 667, there is a 'bottle neck' being created between these two?

and if so, is the bottle neck so great that should make me once again save up and buy a new mobo and ram?

and if the unfortunate answer to the above is a resounding yes, what would peoples suggestions be please?

A:Mobo / RAM question

From the Asrock specs:

"Supports Dual Channel DDRII667/533 x 2 DIMM slots with max. capacity up to 4GB"...

DDRII 667/533 bus memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-ram-question.116956/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard with a AMD 2500+ 333FSB. For about a year I have been running PNY 512MB PC2100 RAM. Recently, I got my hands on a gig of Ultra PC3200. After I installed the RAM, I got into the BIOS and set the DRAM speed and frequency to a setting labled "by spd." I am assuming that this is some sort of auto-detect, since when I boot my system, it shows that my ram is running at 400MHz. My question is this. If the FSB of my CPU is 333MHz, and my RAM is running at 400MHz, will I have stability issues? Do I need to manually set my RAM to run at 333 to match my CPU?

A:Question concerning MoBo, CPU, and RAM

No sweat, they don't have to match, the system won't get confused. Remember, the RAM is also servicing DMA channels to the disks, CD's, Firewire, Network, etc, extra bandwidth is always good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-concerning-mobo-cpu-and-ram.339862/
Relevancy 45.15%

I currently have an HP pavilion PC with an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ processor (2.0GHz) Anyway, I found this mobo on tigerdirect.com that I wanted to get. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ls.asp?EdpNo=634808&Sku=S451-2020VN&CatId=179 Will my processor work in this mobo. I'm just getting kind of confused with the specs on that page because it says:
Processors Supported: AMD Athlon up to 2000+ @ 200 MHz FSB , AMD Athlon up to 2400+ @ 266 MHz FSB , AMD Athlon XP up to 2600+ @ 266MHz FSB , AMD Duron up to 1.4GHz @ 200MHz FSB , AMD Duron up to 1.8GHz @ 266 MHz FSB

Now that just confuses me because it says AMD Athlon up to 2400+, but I have an AMD Athlon XP (would they be the same thing?)

And for my last question, are all AMD Athlon (XP) Processors Socket A?

A:question about mobo

Yes, they meant AMD AthlonXP up to 2400+. And yes, all AthlonXP processors are socket A.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-mobo.228797/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys Iv got a quick question I m thinking about upgrading my RAM from GB to GB Now my current Ram specs are as follows x mb sticks of Corsair Ram PC running at MHz got this info from cpu-z now before buying any new Ram i wanted question RAM Mobo + to make sure my mobo could handle it The following information is about my Mobo Field Value Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID -Grantsdale- A DM IC- Motherboard Name MSI MS- Medion OEM Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type Intel GTL Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz QDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type DDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit DRAM FSB Ratio Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth TRIAL VERSION MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type Intel Direct Media Interface Motherboard Manufacturer Company Name Micro-Star Int l Co Ltd Product Information http RAM + Mobo question global msi com tw index php func prodpage amp maincat no amp cat no BIOS Download http global msi com tw index php func downloadindex Now what I want to ask is if I am able to use either this http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid MY- -CR amp groupid amp catid amp subcat or this Ram http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid MY- -CR amp groupid amp catid amp subcat with my Mobo and if not could someone please explain why I would not be able to use them so that in future I can diagnose the problem myself My main concern is the field quot effective memory quot under quot Memory Bus properties quot from the analysis above which is at MHZ does this mean that any Ram which runs at a higher speed will not be compatible Any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I want to buy a new mobo asus M4A78T-E, this has three outputs for video vga, dvi, and hdmi, what i want to kow is can i put my monitor on dvi and then put a cable to my lcd tv on the hdmi conector at the same time. i downloaded the manual but i cant find any info on this, i also sent an email to asus but after three days i have not recieved an answeer. i think some one here has probably got this mobo and has an answer. i apreciate any and all help

A:new mobo question?

With a Radeon HD 3300 chipset, I would imagine you can run dual displays like that. The only thing you might have to be careful of is making sure your sound still works - some setups will actually pipe the sound through the HDMI cable when it detects it's plugged in rather than play it out the computer's speakers. A friend of mine had an issue somewhat like this when he got his new video card - the included drivers caused his sound to die. Turns out it was trying to push sound through the HDMI port instead of his sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo-question.834723/
Relevancy 45.15%

Working on a T2885 Emachine.

I got it and the people who had it said they unplugged it before going on vacation.
When they got back she plugged it in. And nothing.

I took it home thinking it was just the Powersupply.
Put my powersupply in and still nothing. But at least with my PSU I get a green light on the MOBO.

I did reseat the CPU and Ram. Nothing.

Is is a bad MOBO and PSU with this machine?

Without having one to test, it kind of stinks... I am just wondering why my PSU makes a green light on the MOBO and the other doesnt...This is why I am second guessing the MOBO....As of right now.

Relevancy 44.72%

Can a Asus A7N8X-E deluxe support a AMD 64 CPU?

A:CPU/ mobo compatability question

No. That board is for the athlon xp line [socketA or 462 pin]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-mobo-compatability-question.364481/
Relevancy 44.72%

The BIOS (Award 4.51) has a menu for changing clock speeds.

A program I have called SANDRA..says the CPU is P6K (Katmai) Pent. III (B) 450-600 2-2.05V

I assume this means the CPU will go up to 600MHz. But when I change it in BIOS by increasing the multiplier...it goes to 333? Am I doing something wrong...?\

If you need more inf...let me know.

Relevancy 44.72%

ok, so my situation is this: i just bought a gtx285, it was to big and blocked all SATA ports and didn't fit in my case, i fixed it not fitting in my case by cutting out part of the HD bay but i still need a new mobo that won't have the same problem with SATA ports. i have a MSI P6NGM ad i wanna get a Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L Motherboard which is a little bigger i think it should still fit in my case, but will the PCI-E slot be in the same spot as the MSI board so i don't have to cut another hole i my case?

Relevancy 44.72%

I just purchased a MSI E Max motherboard for some RDRAM that I had I have sticks of Mb Samsung Mhz RDRAM and needed a motherboard for it Anyway I purchased the motherboard below for it http www msicomputer com product model E Max Funny the manufactuer that I purchased RAM mobo w/ Question compatibility about the motherboard from said on their product page that the motherboard will work with PC RDRAM Well I popped open the manuel today and it said that the mobo supports PC It never said anything about supporting PC Question I haven t installed the components yet I am just asking you ahead of time to see if this mobo will still work with this RAM I don t care if it runs at a lower speed EX PC I just need to know ahead of time if faster speed RAMs will still work in mobos that take slower speed RAMs IF not then you saved me a lot of time and work Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-mobo-compatibility-w-ram.270080/
Relevancy 44.72%

when installing the motherboard into the atx case do you just lay it flat against the metal and screw it in, because i don't want to bend the pins on the bottom of the board. any answers would be helpful thx.

A:need help another moronic question about my mobo

There will be screwholes for metal standoffs in the case, the standoffs should have come with the case. There are several patterns drilled in the case. pick the holes that correspond to the ones in your motherboard. Invariably there will be one hole that will not line up. either don't fill that one or cover the top of the standoff with good tape that won't come off or wear through for several years. Then screw the motherboard down onto the standoffs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-another-moronic-question-about-my-mobo.29471/
Relevancy 44.72%

ok hello everyone i just wanted to ask those of you that might know a little MOBO question emachines or alot more then me a question i have been reading nonstop today about the emachines mobo s and psu going bad well mine did too i have a w unit from ohhhhhh years ago maybe it worked great and never had a problem till a month ago when it just wouldnt turn back on again replaced the power supply and all i get is a little green led to the top right corner of the cpu assembly which actually worked with the first psu so no other lights or anything else turns on emachines MOBO question so as i read on i caught a threat about blown or bad caps well i notice that theres six black and gold caps to the left of the cpu all of which have bulged tops and one def has some sort of something that leaked out and hardend im sure theres plenty of answers to this but does anyone think replacing these would fix the problem or is there most likely something else wrong thanks for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-mobo-question.686037/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to view my post My LOL haha Emachines w went poops due to the dreaded power supply failure taking the mobo with it as well I have had NO luck with emachines support on replacement questions I would like to Question Replacement Mobo purchase a new mobo that will still allow me to use my restore CDs I was told that a mobo of either the same type or manufacturer would work with my restore Cds so I do not have to purchase Windows that would start to get expensive I was hoping to upgrade to a superior board if possible in this scenario And one dumb question do Mobo Replacement Question new mobos come with the processor or is that a stand alone purchase me not too smart lol Thank you everyone for you help and I am glad to see such a helpful community -Aaron Here is all the specifacations on the computer Operating System Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition CPU AMD Athlon XP Processor GHz with QuantiSpeed architecture Monitor Bundle eMachines quot eView s Monitor quot Viewable mm dot pitch Chipset VIA KM Memory MB DDR PC Hard Drive GB HDD Optical Drive x Max CD-RW Drive quot MB FDD Video S ProSavage integrated AGP slot available for upgrade Sound AC Audio Network Mbps built-in Ethernet Modem K ITU v -ready Fax Modem Peripherals Standard Multi-Media Keyboard -Button Wheel Mouse Amplified Stereo Speakers Ports Other USB ports on front Serial Parallel PS Audio In amp Out Mic-In amp Head Phone jack on front PCI slots available Dimensions quot W x quot H x quot D nbsp

A:Mobo Replacement Question

if you still have the origional hard drive it should have windows and should be configured to your hardware (mobo) and no, your motherboard does not come with a new prossesor you will have to swap a few things from your old mobo onto your new one, no windows installation is required, if you want you can send me a private message and we can discuss this further

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-replacement-question.90284/
Relevancy 44.72%

I had noticed in my bios a setting that allows "plug and play OS" and is currently set to (no) would turning this option to the (on) setting be beneficial too windows 7 ?

A:Mobo setting question

Typicaly the Plug and Play option determines whether the motherboard handles and configures connected devices (off) otherwise the Operating System configures installed devices. (on)

It should be safe to enable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30485-mobo-setting-question.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi have the mobo ECS P4VXASD2+ 1.0
i bought this hd: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB ATA100 7200RPM 16MB Cache Hard Drive

i wasnt thinking cuz my 200 gb hd died on me and i knew it was an ata interface, so i went straight to my computer store and bought this one. But i didnt do my hwk, so can sum1 tell me if its compatible with my mobo? do i have to update drivers, bios (flash maybe?), or ne thing else? can sum1 help me?

thnx in advance.

A:mobo question: ECS P4VXASD2+ 1.0

4 x Ultra DMA133/100/66 devicesClick to expand...

Sure it should be compatible. If your replacing the main HDD make sure the old one is removed the new one has the right jumpers on it and is on the same slot the old oone came off of. Lastly make sure your bios is set to auto detect the HDD's and you hsould be set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-question-ecs-p4vxasd2-1-0.489008/
Relevancy 44.72%

Does anyone know whether a trigem 2002052 MB (in a hp p9855a computer) supports Dual Channel DDR memory

A:Trigem mobo question

I would say no dual channel support... It is an old motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trigem-mobo-question.123164/
Relevancy 44.72%

My buddy has a Asus - P4G8X mobo(533fsb) he's got a 3.06 p4 (800fsb) in it and the bio's is only letting him set it to 1500, when it post it reads 1500 as well, what would cause this to read this at only 1500 (1.5gig) i didn't think the FSB would cause it...Any help?

Thx a ton

A:Asus mobo question...

multiplier or the fsb could be set wrong. check in the BIOS to see what they're set at. i suggest getting a motherboard that supports his 800fsb or he wont be able to utilize the full potential of the processor. or, try checking for a BIOS update that would allow the 800fsb. if there isnt one then a new board would fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-question.11470/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there.

I just built a new rig and I have a question about how my psu connects to my mother board.

specs:
i5 2500k
asus p8p67 le
asus gtx 460
8gb ripjaw 1600
500gb seagate barracuda
sparkle power inc psu spi600gln 600W

So the problem I encounted was that my mobo has an 8-pin eatx power port but my psu's connectors are 4 pins. Should I have both 4 pin connectors plugged in to fill all 8 holes or just put 1 4 pin connector into the right or left side of the 8-pin port.

I currently have just one 4 pin in the right side of the port and it's working but I'm concerned t might not be getting all the available power?

ty in advance for any help.

-nem

A:mobo/psu question/problem.

figured it out. both 4 pins are meant to go in. I r dumb.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-psu-question-problem.991513/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am in the process of piecing together a new computer for my folks. I had a couple questions concerning a Foxconn MCP61VM2MA-RS2H Socket AM2 motherboard.

This MOBO in particular says it will support Athlon64 x2 and Athlon64, but I was wanting to put a Sempron processor in it. I always believed that AMD processors were easily interchangeble as long as the chipset is large enough to support it and they are same socket. Would Sempron work with this MOBO? Im guessing it would but i didnt want to find out the hard way. Below is a link to the MOBO im looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813186105

Relevancy 44.72%

hi all quick question
does msi k8n sli diamond mobo's 2x pci-e x16 slots run each at 16 like asus a8n32 sli deluxe or does it split it up x8,x8 sort of thing

thx alot guys

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-bout-mobo.57515/
Relevancy 44.72%

i know this may be a dumb question butttt
im buying a motherboard for a person who is coming out of a 433mhz celeron with 32mb of ram and is now deciding to upgrade
they want micro atx but the most that this person ever does is Word and email and surfing internet. i chose this motherboard because they dont have a lot of money:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131573
now it says that the supported bus speeds are 800mhz and 533mhz. i have an old celeron 2.2ghz with a 400mhz bus. will it still work in this mobo? or do i need to get a processor with at least a 533mhz bus? they have a combo deal with a celeron 2.26ghz if thats the case...

thank you!
dont want to go ordering parts i cant use....

Relevancy 44.72%

?for the first time in my pc life, I?ve decided to switch over from being a loyal amd fanboy to intel (I know its hurting me to, sorry amd guys ?cant we all just get along?) anyway, I bought an evga 780i and an E8400 ?now its time to install cpu, no big deal, right? Then I see that the pins are on the mobo? What tha ?its now much more essential I see to be careful, or you could ruin a whole motherboard ?so I?ve read 2 different ways to install ?take off the protective plastic cover, then install ?and other way saying leave it on, and when you pull down plate and lock, it will pop off ?so, just wondering which way do you guys suggest ? I know either way will probably work, but I?d like to know which way your supposed to do it

A:Installing 775 cpu/mobo question

Taking off the cover first is my recommended way of installing the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-775-cpu-mobo-question.128789/
Relevancy 44.72%

I posted this in another section, but no one is helping me out. Hopefully someone here can.

Ok, so from what I understand, windows XP will only see a MAX of 3 gigs. I have a mobo that supports dual channel memory, and so far have 2 sicks of 1gig. I would like to fill the other 2 slots, but can I do it with 2 sticks of 512? Or do I have to exactly match whats in the other 2 slots?

My motherboard is an ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe

This is the ram I currently have....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145034

And these ones have the EXACT SAME voltages and timings, just different speeds. So my question is... could I put these in with 2 sticks of 1gig, for a total of 3 gigs, in dual channel? Or do I HAVE to buy 4 gigs, with the loss of 1.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145040

Thanks for the help. -Dennis

A:Ram question with ASUS mobo

Technically you can throw those (RAM at second URL) in there with your current 2 sticks. It's not best practice to mix and match RAM though. You should try to get your hands on another stick of what you have already. Although, I know it can be tough to hunt down the exact same RAM after you've had it for a while.

The links you provided are broken but I was able to hunt down the 2 I believe you meant to post.

Please verify:

You currently have - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034

But you're looking at - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145040

I'm not sure what you're running on your machine to need an extra 1GB of RAM on top of the 2GB you already have. But what kind of performance increase are you expecting to see?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-question-with-asus-mobo.81644/
Relevancy 44.72%

Will this motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813121035 Take a western digital caviar SATAII 250gb hdd?

It only appears to take sata, or is there no difference between sata and sataII?

Regards,

Korrupt

A:Mobo/hdd compatibility Question

Sata run at 150mbps, sata2 run at 300mbps, sata2 hdd's should be backwards compatible. I have a friend using 4 sata2's on his system with a raid card and mobo that are both sata1 with no problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-hdd-compatibility-question.57705/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

please re-assign this thread if i'm in the wrong area.

my issue is the following:

I am trying to resurrect an ASRock P4i45GV. I have an official licensed bootable copy of Win XP. when I start the comp, it begins to install XP from the CD rom, after transfer of files to the HD, a reboot occurs, at this stage the CD is again read and the files copied, it does not resume the installation.

If turned on without a disk or floppy in the drives, it simply boots up to a point and begins boot up again never initializing windows.

I bought and installed 512Meg ram, there is an 80 GB HD partitioned into 2 ~40 Gig partitions. The partitions are formatted to NTFS not Fat32.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:question about an ASRock MOBO

After the first cd reading , when it reboots try opening the drive to stop it from seeing the cd. It should not boot to the cd unless you press a key.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/question-about-an-asrock-mobo-375738.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've got the above MOBO and the specs show 4 6gb ports, but I only see 2 ( gray) and in BIOS it also shows as 2.

Asus support says there are 4.

A:P8Z77-v Mobo Question

Are you certain that your motherboard is not the AsusP8Z77-V LX or AsusP8Z77-V Deluxe versions as they both have only 2 6gb grey ports?

You can use Speccy to be sure:

Speccy System Information

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299133-p8z77-v-mobo-question.html