Windows Support Forum

Toshiba Black Screen Problem

Q: Toshiba Black Screen Problem

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C660 with a blank screen. The laptop starts up and goes through its boot cycle fine, but nothing is displayed on the screen.

I've read through tons of forums, but nothing seems to work.

I did the whole removal of battery, power supply and holding the power button for 60 secs... still blank...

When plugging in an external monitor it works perfectly fine, so this eliminates any issues with the CPU / GPU / RAM / HDD, etc.

I re-installed windows 7, which would hopefully eliminate any software issues.

Next logical step was to check the LCD backlight, inverter and ribbon cable... So I replaced the screen, but still blank screen. Just as a side note, the backlight lights up with both old and new display, but no picture.

This leaves me to think that it might be something in the BIOS?

Any suggestions / ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-black-screen-problem.208461/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Toshiba Black Screen Problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.53%

I have a problem with my Toshiba laptop and can t find my Recovery Disc or have any boot disk to help me I would be able upon M-105 Black Toshiba boot screen problem up to buy one but I m not good with Toshiba M-105 Black screen upon boot up problem computers and don t know which to get I ve read on a site that I would need Windows XP CD-Rom and a Boot Disk for my Windows XP When I go to the desktop it s just a black screen with my mouse only visible When I go to Safe mode it does the same thing I Toshiba M-105 Black screen upon boot up problem tried something called VGA mode and it does the same exact thing My friend told me that I would need a Boot Disk and a Recovery Disc but he s not sure so I would like to ask someone here who might know the answer I have someone who I am able to buy both of these Disc Disk from for only total since Toshiba M-105 Black screen upon boot up problem he has copies of it I was just wondering if this would actually fix my laptop I need this fixed within a month or so for my college classes Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Toshiba M-105 Black screen upon boot up problem

It would be wise to take the laptop in to a repair shop to have it diagnosed and repaired properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-m-105-black-screen-upon-boot-up-problem.111442/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,
I have a toshiba satellite a70 and i am having the following problem. When the laptop shuts down or even restarts, on the screen where the bios appears, it is black. Let me see if i can clarify. The computer turns on or restarts but the screen is black. I can hear the fans come on, all of the indication lights are on, but the screen remains black. I thought that it might be an LCD hardware prob, so I waited 10 min to see if i can at least here it logging into windows, I even connected it to a seperate monitor. Nothing happens. Here's the kicker. If I were to shut down the laptop and then remove the power cable from the back of the laptop and then turn it back on, it would work fine. It seems as though the computer is not shutting down properly?

Please help, Thanks in advance

A:Solved: Toshiba Satellite Black Screen Problem

bump. As additional information, i formatted and installed all drivers needed and the problem still persists.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-satellite-black-screen-problem.836629/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,
My laptop cannot tell me any post after the Toshiba logo just black screen. Cannot get into the bios or anything... These are the things I have tried:
Taken hard drive out,
Taken ram out and only tried one..
Taken Battery Cmos battery out for a few minutes..
Had a look at the motherboard and fan is not even working when I turn it on..
I have taken the cpu and put it back in..
Defiantly Sounds like the motherboard problem but want to know if its just a chip that needs to be replaced and soldered.. If anyone has any ideas that will be awesome.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-c650d-black-screen-after-toshiba-logo.219496/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Toshiba laptop running windows 7. It has been running like a well oiled machine since the day I got it.

I turned it off to watch TV, then when I turned it back on, the screen shows the Toshiba screen for about 1/4th of a second and then goes black.

If I hit F8, F10, or F12 nothing shows up. I have the biggest project of the semester due Tuesday so I really need some help.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

A:Toshiba screen and then black screen only. No boot menu either.

How old is the laptop? It sounds like it's definitely a hardware problem. If it's still under warranty, I'd recommend sending it in. About your project, the only way to get that off of your computer is going to be to take apart the computer and plug the hard drive into another computer. You can buy an adapter (Laptop Hard-drive Bay to USB) for $20-40, they're smaller than a normal PC bay so you can't mount it inside a desktop computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-screen-and-then-black-screen-only-no-boot-menu-either.986732/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello Help I have a Toshiba Satellite L D S a few months ago tried to start it up and it will go to the first screen and then when it tries to start windows it has a black screen with a white cursor in the middle of the screen I was told to try to restore the os with the disc that came with the computer It did not come with one and after taking out everything I have that came with it i now see that i should have made a restore disc before using it well I did not black toshiba screen do this so what are my options I have bought a new toshiba and did make a restore disc for it before using it if that helps they both run windows home prem I did try to put the new comp disc in the old one but you could hear the disc turning but after hours it never did anything - Thanks for your help toshiba black screen nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

My computer has a black screen but when I turn it on you can hear everything running and the power button lights up. What do I do?

A:Toshiba Black Screen!!!

Hi and welcome to TSF try hooking it up to an external monitor and see if you can then access your desktop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-black-screen-923322.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Recently if watching a film in full screen mode, when the film finishes the screen turns off (if connected to tv I get no signal input at this point) all it takes is to move the mouse to get the screen back on but could this be the start of something serious.

Also it has started to go black as though a screen saver or monitor saver is active (which they aren't) but you can still hear music or a game playing through the speakers.

I have the newest drivers already installed. The machine specs are under machine 2 in my profile.

Thanks for any help

A:Toshiba screen goes black

tell me exact laptop model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-screen-goes-black.121953/
Relevancy 62.35%

Help. I tried to boot up mylaptop and the screen stays black. The Toshiba logo screen came on. And the Windows screen came on. I have Windows XP home edition. Then the screen went black when it should have gone to my desktop wallpaper. All the sounds came on as if it was booting up. When I push the keys I hear this "blop" sound for lack of another word that is the best way I can describe it. What has happened.?

Relevancy 62.35%

Screen attempts to fire-up, then fades to blank. Is it restorable, or dead? I have added a stand alone monitor that functions very well.

A:black screen on toshiba L550

Try System Restore:1. Turn laptop off.2. Turn laptop on whilst keeping the '0' (zero) key pressed.Note: System Restore will not preserve your files so it is to be hoped you already have them backed up.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/black-screen-on-toshiba-l550/19286.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Toshiba laptop running windows 7. It has been running like a well oiled machine since the day I got it.

I turned it off to watch TV, then when I turned it back on, the screen shows the Toshiba screen for about 1/4th of a second and then goes black.

If I hit F8, F10, or F12 nothing shows up. I have the biggest project of the semester due Tuesday so I really need some help.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

A:Toshiba screen shows up, then BLACK!

How to Run a Startup Repair in Windows 7
Startup Repair
How to Boot to the System Recovery Options in Windows 7
System Recovery Options
How to Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc
System Repair Disc - Create
How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7
Repair Install
How to Recover from an Infinitely Looping Startup Repair
Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151397-toshiba-screen-shows-up-then-black.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Our Toshiba laptop screen keeps going black, you turn it on, it is very light then it goes black. Any ideas?

A:Toshiba laptop screen keeps going black

LCD display's inverter is going bad or the LCD display itself is bad. A major repair. Take it to a good laptop repair person

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-screen-keeps-going-black.157252/
Relevancy 62.35%

Alright, so im not sure if this is software or hardware issue, but my satellite restarted for an update about a week ago and turned back on with a black screen. I tried taking the battery out, pressing the power button for 60 seconds, restarting it, starting in it safe mode, factory resetting it on startup. Nothing. Sometimes the fan will be running, then the machine stops. Sometimes it will just run and stay on the black screen. Sometimes it will start up and the power button wont even be lit, but the fans, and the led for caps lock will be on. Is it time for a new computer, or is there a way to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-black-screen.1164838/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi everyone I m very sorry if this has been asked and answered before I have a Toshiba Satellite L series laptop running windows vista home premium Last week I got a blue screen that I didn t read in time so I don t know what it said and then it shut down I tried to restart it but only get to a black screen with a moveable white arrow I tried using windows startup repair it gives me a white bar at screen Toshiba with black Satellite the bottem that says loading files then the windows copyright screen but then just does the same thing and goes back to the black screen I Toshiba Satellite with black screen ve tried booting in safe mode booting with last known good configuration and system recovery I ve also tried using a recovery disc that I had to buy from toshiba b c I lost my disc in a move to no avail just the same black screen Any help would be greatly appreciated BTW when I put the recovery disc in you can hear Toshiba Satellite with black screen the disc spinning and the fans working until it gets to the windows copyright page then everything dies down and black screen time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-with-black-screen.935478/
Relevancy 62.35%

this problem started just a couple of hours ago....once i turn on my laptop my whole screen goes black..i can hear the starting sound but i can see anything..any help will be much appreciated..by the way is a toshiba satellite.
thank you for your help

A:black screen on toshiba laptop

Hi, and welcome to TSG.

hegama58 said:

once i turn on my laptop my whole screen goes black..pClick to expand...

Does it light up and then go black right away or does it just stay black?

When viewed in a darkened room, do you see a faint glow around the edges of the screen or is it all dark?

If it is all dark, shine a strong light on the screen once it sounds like it has completed the normal boot up. Do you see a faint version of what you normally see?

Does the laptop have an external monitor jack and do you have a monitor you can use for testing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-toshiba-laptop.1088900/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I'm new to this forum as I have a major issue with my laptop.

Basically I was having a clear out and moving items to an external HDD and suddenly windows stopped working so I hit restart windows and it went into shut down mode with 7 updates so left it to do it's thing and when it restarted I get the toshiba screen with F2 and F12 options but then just a black screen.

I have tried pressing 0 been inton F2 and F12 but cannot get it to move onto the logon screen

Please help I'm not bothered about resetting the laptop as all my docs music and pictures are on the external HDD but I need this laptop up and running asap

Thanks in anticipation for any help

A:Toshiba A300 Black Screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citygent75

Hi I'm new to this forum as I have a major issue with my laptop.

Basically I was having a clear out and moving items to an external HDD and suddenly windows stopped working so I hit restart windows and it went into shut down mode with 7 updates so left it to do it's thing and when it restarted I get the toshiba screen with F2 and F12 options but then just a black screen.

I have tried pressing 0 been inton F2 and F12 but cannot get it to move onto the logon screen

Please help I'm not bothered about resetting the laptop as all my docs music and pictures are on the external HDD but I need this laptop up and running asap

HI Citygent!!!!

Can I join in on this one, as almost the same started happening to me yesterday on my A300, ( I can get the screen back though by pressing FN and F5,which is ok for a while and then it goes again??).
Not trying to Hijack thread, just keen to see what ideas come up here
thanks
Mike

Thanks in anticipation for any help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/toshiba-a300-black-screen-640436.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm really mad right now when I try to fix it and when it turns on the num lock turns on tell me how to fix my toshiba its fun

A:toshiba black screen of death but why

Sometimes there is a number lock setting in BIOS - can you get in there?Let us know exactly what appears on the screen when you start up.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/toshiba-black-screen-of-death-but-why/40005.html
Relevancy 62.35%

screen goes black after boot up then i hit fn5 and it comes back for a minute or so. whats happening?
thanks

A:toshiba notebook black screen

Well, I have changed a few Toshiba Notebook LCD's, and some of them where not even broken, just misconnected or someother causes. But I would recommend sitting down, and removing the screws on the sides of the screen panel and poppin it out and taking a quick look in the back and bottom of the screen to make sure everything is in order.

If you see picture when you boot. I would recommend checking the bios settings. Try looking for video related options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-notebook-black-screen.319928/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I have a Toshiba Satelite A running Windows XP and it s almost years old Last night I was working on it and put it aside for about minutes IE was freezing a bit but I used the task manager to close some windows and it seemed to be okay When I looked up the screen had gone black I assumed that please - black screen laptop help with Toshiba it was hibernating but when I tried to get the screen to come up again nothing happened I pressed the on off switch to boot it up again and the screen remained black even though I could hear the fan and usual noises it makes when it boots up However none of the lights that usually Toshiba laptop with black screen - please help come on work anymore e g wireless button light with the exception of the power light I tried all kinds of things to check if it was the power supply removing battery and running normal power holding down on button for seconds and reconnecting power and nothing changed I also tried connecting it to an external monitor today and the screen remains black There is about hours worth of recent grad school work on the hard drive and I am pretty desperate to access it As long Toshiba laptop with black screen - please help as I can get the data I don t care if I use the laptop again I ve had consistent problems with the CD DVD drive apparantly common in Toshibas over the last months Toshiba laptop with black screen - please help so I was considering getting a new one Can anyone suggest what might have caused this and what my chances are accessing a couple of files I have had no error messages or beeps or anything - just a black screen I also have virus protection so I am pretty sure it isn t a virus Thanks for any help you can provide nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop with black screen - please help

There is a method I use of getting data from a failed laptop's hard disk; but, if you are in a hurry, you had best take the laptop to a shop that can do it for you because the method requires access to a desktop computer and an adapter that usually isn't sold in local stores.

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/SearchDetail.asp?productID=1354

You use the adapter to connect the laptop's hard disk internally to a desktop computer and then simply copy the data from one disk to another. You could also use an external laptop drive enclosure with USB interface; but, that is more expensive and less reliable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-with-black-screen-please-help.764872/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a just barely 6y/o Toshiba satelliteA135-S4666. Few says ago was working perfectly fine, now the screen footed blank after a few seconds of turning on. It's still running and sometimes i can get the screen back on if i move it back and forth.
That at least gets me to believe maybe a wire is just loose and not the graphics or motherboards. I just need some directions on were to go from here.

Relevancy 61.92%

I did a custom/clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and now the screen is black. An external monitor works but I can't get the laptop lcd to come on... HELP!

A:Toshiba P205-6237 screen went black

Hi cbodie71, welcome to the forums

It may be something as simple as pressing the 'FN' button followed by an F key to activate the screen.

Note
It'll have a monitor/screen icon on it

Hope it helps
OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/112945-toshiba-p205-6237-screen-went-black.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I had a previous thread about the same problem back in May of this year about my screen going black I replaced the screen with a new one and everything seemed to be fine until a few days ago Opened lid and screen was black..again gone Screen series Toshiba C655D gone Screen gone black..again Toshiba C655D series So far I ve done basic troubleshooting to try and figure out what the problem was Last time I was able to connect a monitor to the laptop and use it this time that isn t working I ve drained the power supply by removing the battery amp plug holding power for sec and trying to restart I ve also checked the memory this time removed old and put in a new set still nothing The diagnosis I ve come up with is that it may be the video card which I know is integrated onto the Screen gone black..again Toshiba C655D series motherboard One thing I did notice is that it s taking a while for the fan to pick up and come back on and it came on when I closed the lid It does not shutdown now when the lid is closed Sorry for such a long description of the problem I just wanted to be as detailed as possible and get some kind of feedback as to what this might be Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there I have a Toshiba Satellite A and just today I ve encountered a frustrating problem Let s just get a few things out first I had intended to turn it off last night but it didn Satellite Black Screen - Toshiba A200 t shut down There was some message about a program still opened or something like that not a big deal I thought as I had gotten it a few times before I just clicked whatever it was that ended it or turned it off anyways So today I come back to turn it on and it was on that message I turn it off and come back later to turn it on I noticed there was a black Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen screen and I could not do anything I hold the power button to turn it off and restart it It loads the Toshiba Phoenix screen fine Then I get to the Windows Recovery screen It gives me two options - Use the Windows Recovery thing to try to find and repair any errors - Start Windows normally I tried the first option a few times but it said there was an unspecified problem due possibly to some hardware configurations did not do anything before I restarted and pressed F and looked for anything that might have caused it and I exited without saving any changes Toshiba Phoenix thing and then it led me to the screen with the Safe Mode and other options I chose Safe Mode just to see and it led me to the log-in screen but after that it would not let me see those same options again Anyways I would start normally and at the loading screen the bar would load but there is no Vista logo After that there s the black screen I would restart and get the screen with the options again What I think may have been the problem is that I had turned on Returnil Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen s session lock Maybe that shutdown warning had to do with something I had left Returnil on the previous day and shut off without any problems and the next Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen day I did not download anything so it couldn t have been from something I downloaded nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen

insert your windows recovery disk restart the computer then go to system recovery/ repair windows or something similar and have that run, DONT INSTALL WINDOWS! Unless you like loosing your files and re-installing windows vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-a200-black-screen.880706/
Relevancy 61.92%

My Display is always black when i start the laptop up the screen stays black and computer makes two beeping noises. ive tried almost everything i could think of but still no change does anyone no what the problem could be??

A:Toshiba Screen Is Black And Cumputer Beeps Twice When Is Sta

Let us have the make and model number of your computer - the beep codes vary.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/toshiba-screen-is-black-and-cumputer-beeps-twice-when-is-sta/14025.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Thosiba laptop which is about 4 years old. When i start it up, i can see the THOSHIBA writing but then the screen goes black. I even can go into select boot device if i press F12 or CMOS settings if i press F2. But even if i try to boot from a windows disc, the screen goes black but i can hear the laptop being on as all fans and cd rom spin.I have windows Xp on it. Im am really confused cause i can hear things on but the screen stays black. I have even used another monitor and it reacts the same way so i know the fault is with the laptop. Any ideas guys.

Relevancy 61.92%

I bought a VGA cable to connect my laptop to my TV in order to mirror what ever is on my laptop screen. My TV did not pick up anything when I checked the Sources.

I opened the "Action Centre" on my laptop and selected "Project". I changed the current setting of "Duplicate" to "Second Screen Only", this caused my laptop screen to go black when the VGA cable was connected. When I disconnected the VGA cable my laptop screen came back on. This frustrating because I want to change it back to "Duplicate" but it is impossible to navigate while the VGA cable is plugged in because of the black screen.

note that when i changed it to "second Screen Only" my TV still did not pick up my laptop.

any solution for this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/toshiba-satellite-c660-1e3-black-screen-1153625.html
Relevancy 61.92%

A friend of mine has asked me to repair his laptop as it is experiencing the BlackScreenOfDeath I've tried entering cmd with ctrl alt del but to no avail I've Laptop Screen Black Death Toshiba Of also tried the sticky keys method this also didn't work I've tried about every option Toshiba Laptop Black Screen Of Death on the f repair menu I've also tried reinstalling windows on his computer with a USb that does in fact work on other systems The windows installation stalls on the Toshiba Laptop Black Screen Of Death setup is starting At that point Toshiba Laptop Black Screen Of Death I'm able to get a window open using shift f but when I try using diskpart nothing happens and it displays a message saying MINWINPC I've also seen a few people online claiming you can use bootrec exe but when I run gt bootrec exe FixBoot I'm told no drivers are loaded then windows installations are found I've tried booting a bootable linux usb but it stalls on a black screen also Is this a sign of a broken hard drive Can someone try offering me some advice

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380895-toshiba-laptop-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Well, I accidentally dropped my laptop...on my foot no less. The screen worked for some time afterwards, however started to flicker and just recently went completely black. I took the screen apart and saw no damage. The screen is NOT cracked or damaged in anyway. I can shine a flashlight on the screen and see my desktop just fine. Now when I open the lid, it will stay on for just a few seconds, but goes black. The problem? I'm confused. Is there a part for the screen that I can simply replace? or do I have to buy a completely new screen? It seems like a waste since my screen isn't cracked or damaged, just the back light is gone. There is no inverter in this model so that is not the issue, it is all LED. I'd appreciate any feasible answers to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance
Toshiba Satellite C655D

A:Black screen Toshiba C655D series

if your happy to take it apart. You could try reseating the cable connecting the screen to the motherboard. Long shot but it may just have been dislodged when you dropped it. If your not comfortable take it to a shop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-toshiba-c655d-series.1125685/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there I have a Toshiba Satellite A and I've encountered a frustrating problem Let's just get a few things out first I had intended to turn it off last night but it didn't shut down There was some message about a program still opened or something like that not a big deal I thought as I had gotten it a few times before I just clicked whatever it was that ended it or turned it off anyways So Satellite - Toshiba Black Screen A200 today I come back to turn it on and it was on that message I turn it off and come back later to turn it on I noticed there was a black screen and I could not do anything I hold the power button to turn it off and restart it It loads the Toshiba Phoenix screen fine Then I get to the Windows Recovery screen It gives me two options - Use the Windows Recovery thing to try to find and repair any errors - Start Windows normally I tried the first option a few times but it said there was an unspecified problem due possibly to some hardware configurations did not do anything before I restarted and pressed F and looked for anything that might have caused it and I exited without saving any changes Toshiba Phoenix thing and then it led me to the screen with the Safe Mode and other options I chose Safe Mode just to see and it led me to the log-in screen but Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen after that it would not let me see those same options again but I can still get into Safe Mode using F Anyways I would start normally and at the loading screen the bar would load but there is no Vista logo After that there's the black screen I would restart and get the screen with the options again What I think may have been the problem is that I had turned on Returnil's session lock Maybe that shutdown warning had to do with something I had left Returnil on the previous day and shut off without any problems and the next day I did not download anything so it couldn't have been from something I downloaded I get a User Profile service error when I login with Safe Mode but that service is set to automatic

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261831-toshiba-satellite-a200-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.92%

OK first off I'm sorry that this ends up being my first post I work in IT as my day job but I know more about the quirks of machines I've been dealing with for years Anyway to Toshiba boots screen always black Satellite a I have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite A -S x and it will look like it's booting fine and then it shows nothing but a cursor and a black background BEFORE any of you suggest anything please look over what I've done listing in order Tried to boot in safe-mode same thing Tried window disk wouldn't show anything besides black screen so no system repair Tried to boot normally and the PC BSOD'd and then rebooted then blank screen removed HDD Toshiba Satellite always boots to a black screen and put it in my laptop where it booted just fine so not a software issue Looked for mini-dump to see if BSOD info was present no such luck since I had my HDD out anyway I put it in the toshiba to see what would happen it black screen'd as well reset bios to default nothing changed At some point I saw an error mentioning a hardware failure but I don't remember when I saw it More importantly if anyone has any other suggestions I'm willing to try them I'm at a loss here

A:Toshiba Satellite always boots to a black screen

So you get the usual POST and then it just goes to the wonderful Black Hole of Death, right?

No other messages whatsoever.... but at least eliminated the inverter (backlight) as being toast since you did get POST.

Ideas:

Reseat the RAM and clean the contacts.

Clean the inside of the laptop out including all the fans + intakes of dust bunnies.

I'd remove the CPU heatsink and redo the thermal paste with Artic MX-4 (best available), same for the chipset's heatsink if applicable.

I would put in a trusty Linux Live CD (I use Linux Mint's) and of course set the bios to boot off the DVD drive and see if that WORKS or not. [If it can't handle that, then you know it's a shot motherboard, which is the likely scenario, since the video is integrated.]

Could check the voltage on the power supply with a multimeter, also, make sure it's not shot.

See where you are at after those things.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/297991-toshiba-satellite-always-boots-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.92%

when i power up, the toshiba logo comes on the screen, then black screen w cursor. the only action that makes a difference is ctrl,alt,del, and back to the same prob.please help?, thanks mike

A:black screen w/cursor blinking,toshiba sat.A40

1/ Does the HDD make a clicking noise. Hold the laptop up near your ear. If you here a clicking sound the HDD is hosed. You'll need to replace it.

2/ Next remove the battery.. Then try booting it up with out it.. If that works then the battery is bad and needs to be replaced.

3/ Go into the BIOS and change the order of boot, too CD-Rom, HDD, USB, Network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-w-cursor-blinking-toshiba-sat-a40.71371/
Relevancy 61.92%

Toshiba laptop black screen at boot please help Hi I seem to be having a strange problem with my Toshiba M -S Special Edition laptop I have had it for a little over a year with no problems at all Yesterday I was using the laptop as usual and left Toshiba screen at boot black laptop it for about mins powered on When I came back the screen was Toshiba laptop black screen at boot blank There was no response from the mouse or keyboard so I tried rebooting by pressing down the power button After rebooting I saw the In touch with Toshiba screen as usual and then the screen went blank again This keeps repeating on rebooting and I cannot go any further All my LEDs work fine I can hear the fan running fine the CD drive makes the usual sounds but the laptop does not go any further after the Toshiba screen I have been using laptops and desktops for a few years now and never seen such a problem Kindly advise on what the problem could be and if there is a solution Thanks nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop black screen at boot

Try another Hard Drive if you can't access the origional one. Could be going bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-black-screen-at-boot.52129/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone. Im new here and was wondering on, how do i get the screen back, as I've just changed the screen ribbon on toshiba c660 as my old ribbon had broken wires. Everything works and can hear the fan etc but no screen. I noticed though that if i shine a light on the screen i can see the background. Im not computer minded but need help. Thanks

A:toshiba satellite c660 black screen on xp

Hi mw_86 and welcome to TSG.

Have you tried an external Monitor ? I would do that first if possible and if it's display is good carry on below.

With those symptoms if that model has an Inverter I would try switching it with a known working one.
You should find some on Ebay. (I've had good luck even with used ones).

If it does have an Inverter it could be the backlight instead but that's usually much more difficult to replace.

If it's an LED model (ie no Inverter or Backlight) I would guess either the LEDs have failed or they aren't getting power from the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-c660-black-screen-on-xp.1139046/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello again, knowledgeable people.

My wife's laptop has been a little testy lately and for a while was giving me black screens (cursor was visable and would move but nothing else on the screen). I was finally able to do a checkdisk and it allegedly fixed some problems on the drive. I booted to last known good config and all was going well.

For about a week.

Now I'm back to the black screen. I tried booting into the repair console and that didn't work. Tried safe mode and last known good config and neither of those worked..All bring me back to the black screen.

Anyone help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480242/black-screen-o-death-on-toshiba-satelite-550/
Relevancy 61.92%

i have a toshiba satellite a45-s120

i was having major problems with it so i used DBAN and let it autonuke my computer.

after which i used a software called gparted where i then attempted to creat a partition on my blank computer. i did this and tried to exit out but it froze so i shut it down manually.

now when it starts up theres just a black screen with a (_) blinking.

i want to install either windows xp or linux. whichever is fine just please tell me the laptops not a goner!

p.s. the laptop wont read my dban cd or gparted cd anymore

A:Toshiba dban-ed and gparted now black screen

Can you remove the harddrive and check to see if the computer starts?
It should time out with harddrive not found

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-dban-ed-and-gparted-now-black-screen.99124/
Relevancy 61.92%

My laptop is working, however when I turn it on it'll show the toshiba logo as it usually would but then the screen will go black with the mouse pad still still working.
This laptop has given me issues prior to this occurrence and I am hesitant to go ahead and use the warranty on it if this issue is fixable.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Toshiba Satellite Radius: Black Screen

The boot hard drive has probably failed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-radius-black-screen.209440/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok so recently I got a black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left. The computer starts up normally with the toshiba logo but then it goes to this black screen with a blinking cursor. I tried almost everything. I tried doing system startup repair, /fixboot /fixmbr, The "0" key, F8 doesnt work and so forth. Im starting to lose hope. I cant even reinstall windows 7 onto the computer because after it restarts to finish the installation it just goes back to the black screen with the blinking cursor on the top left. The computer is a Toshiba Satellite A205 - S5825 windows 7 32 bit. This is probably in the wrong section so if it is please move it to the appropriate section if possible. Any help is appreciated.

A:Toshiba Black Screen With Blinking Cursor?

Work through these steps which try everything possible for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start leading up to if necessary rescuiing your files to run Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility or Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/260440-toshiba-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 61.92%

So my toshiba l355 running vista is having the same problems other people are having, but a thread was expired, so i wasnt able to find a solution, it just loads up to the options on how to start it, then anything i choose leads me to the black screen with my white cursor, i havent tried anything major or brought it in someplace yet, until i get some help from someone here first, im having to run my life with a windows phone now. And i really dont want to restore my computer. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much,
Bomdigity

Relevancy 61.92%

Been struggling to get my niece's laptops up and running. Windows 7 on a Toshiba satellite L655-S5150. Both laptops do the same thing at start up...freeze at a black screen with a blinking cursor. I have tried the following:

windows 7 system repair disk...no errors found
Kapersky repair disk...does not seem to load at times but did get it to load fully once in graphical mode and a few viruses were found but some could not be healed, or whatever they called it
AVG and Bit something or other were also tried...
I have booted via a CD and a USB stick but still in the end when I try to boot the windows 7 system it hangs on the black screen

Thinking of purchasing the Toshiba HDD drive utility or whatever it is called...$39... in laws don't have any disks that came with these laptops...windows 7 home premium version
help???

Thanks....dan

A:black screen at start up with Toshiba laptop

Hi Dan!Both laptops do the same thing at start up...freeze at a black screen with a blinking cursor. I have tried the following:You're experiencing this issue on 2 laptops? I just want to make sure I'm understanding things correctly.Sounds like you might be infected with an infection known as ZeroAccess.Could you please describe what issues you were experiencing before the freezing issue at boot-up started? Do you happen to know if it's a 32 bit version of Windows 7 or if it's 64 bits?Let me know.Warmest Regards,ST.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453773/black-screen-at-start-up-with-toshiba-laptop/
Relevancy 61.92%

Toshiba Satellite L755 screen went Black when using pc, tried to restart, no fan sounds or any sounds, Amber light comes on when you try to power up, then goes off. Please help, thanks.

A:Help with black screen on Toshiba Satellite L755

A hardware failure of some sort. Could be power adapter - is it the same if run without the main battery?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/help-with-black-screen-on-toshiba-satellite-l755/19506.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hi Toshiba. Ive been having a problem with my Toshiba that I have had for a few years now. the screen has blacked out and everytime I reboot it it still stays black. I have tried every rebbot type and I have asked a lot of people but none of them work. please help. thanks
Zach Attard

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93776-Toshiba-Satellite-A200-black-screen
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I have bought a Toshiba Equium L-40 17-M laptop 3 years ago.

As I turn on the laptop with the adapter. it turns on, as I hear the sound. But the LCD is black. When I disconnect the power (adapter) and use the battery, and press the ON button , the laptop works fine.

I dont know why the laptop does not work in the normal mode, when the adapter (power) is connected?

Although it does work fine in safe-mode, irrespective of whether turned on with the adapter or battery. The laptop is useless if does not work with windows start up in normal mode, when the adapter is plugged in.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sadiq Khadarzai

Khadarzai

A:Toshiba L40 17-M LCD screen turns black in Normal mode

Hi Sadiq, welcome to VF, I have came across this issue a few times and the solution may sound a little strange, may I recommend doing a full anti-virus scan just as a precaution.

First of all, unplug the notebook and take out the battery by using the slider underneath, keep the power cord out and hold the power button for around 30 seconds(we are draining the power out of the notebook at this stage), put the battery back in, and plug in the power cord turn it back on and it should *fingers crossed* work normally

The reason the screen boots up blank is because there is too much power in the laptop and it's natural reaction is to turn off to save the components from imminent death, doing this drains that extra build up of power and restores it to normal operating parameters.

MrNeeds

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289303-toshiba-l40-17-m-lcd-screen-turns-black-normal-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

It all began when i was using my laptop and the screen suddenly went black for no apparent reason. it didn't look the screen turned off because it was still lit up. The next day when i was booting up my computer the same thing happened, but it happened while i was booting up. So I held down the power button to shut down and turned it on again but this time nothing came up on the screen.I doubt it's a hardware issue as the screen sometimes shows up, even if i don't move the laptop an inch. But each time the screen still turns it self off.After some googling I found this post which was somewhat similar to my problem but im not too sure.Any help would be much appreciated

A:Black screen while booting Toshiba Satellite L500D

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/462934 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462934/black-screen-while-booting-toshiba-satellite-l500d/
Relevancy 61.06%

My screen is half black. It is a touch screen. Cannot bring it back to normal. Tried shutting it down and re-starting, many times, no joy, help.

A:Toshiba Laptop Touch Screen half black

Try an external monitor on it and let us know if that is the same.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/toshiba-laptop-touch-screen-half-black/537.html
Relevancy 61.06%

greetings for all master,

I found a laptop owned by my friend "Toshiba Satellite M45 S2692" the problem is when i want to install it, I did not find any one medium to boot, because the optical drive is damaged, FDD was not detected at all.

steps later I did was try to clone from another computer. results are only "the usual black screen (before the bootscreen)"

The next step I did was put another hard drive that contains seven. same result just a black screen before the boot screen.

I just see a black screen (wait) for me to sit in front of him.
[i don't said this is BSOD]

i worriest about VGA because in LCD screen is same

thank you

A:Toshiba sattelite m45 cann't boot, BLACK SCREEN

Try disabling the display adapter in safe mode.
Safe Mode

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7&#63;

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

How to use Toshiba Recovery.
How to use the Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility

You can order Toshiba Recovery disks from here:
https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...rification.jsp

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/202344-toshiba-sattelite-m45-cannt-boot-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a toshiba l300d laptop with vista windows. When I turn on my laptop I get the logo and windows says it is loading but all I get is a black screen with a cursor. It will not let me restore it. I also do not have any disks. It will not do anything even in safemode. How can I fix it Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-l300d-laptop-black-screen-with-cursor.1065662/
Relevancy 61.06%

I got my computer back from Best Buy around a month ago, and it was working fine. Today I woke up to find out that when I turn on the computer, the display has no backlight or anything.Please help! D:Cameron (rolie129)message edited by rolie129

A:Toshiba Satellite Radius Laptop black screen

Try an external monitor on it as first step.If you never ever see anything at all on the screen then it is almost certainly a hardware fault but what happens on the external will tell us more.Also let us know whether the computer "appears to start" or not (lights, fan sounds etc).Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/toshiba-satellite-radius-laptop-black-screen/483.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I had this friggin virus called 'antimalware doctor protection centre'---i managed to remove the hkeys n all that but the internet wuldn't work.

So I ran 'rkill', which I understand very little of...then, I ran combofix, which I shudn't have.

Now the toshiba Tecra 5 in normal mode and safe mode is showing a black screen.

I accessed processes through ' ctrl+alt+del' and saw that the windows explorer is not working- I can access other programs. The internet is not working either.

It has windows xp.

Please help!!!
K

A:After combofix, Toshiba Secra 5 shows black screen

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344159/after-combofix-toshiba-secra-5-shows-black-screen/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Toshiba Laptop that will not boot When it not Cursor Laptop Black Toshiba with Will boot screen boots up Toshiba Laptop Will not boot Black screen with Cursor in ANY way will take me a black screen with a cursor I have run all of the options from repair all safe modes and every other option in the f menu It will not even boot up with the Windows install format disk it takes me to the same black screen with cursor The only time i can get it to boot off of the disk is to remove the Hard Drive and then it boots off of the disk properly I also would like to mention in Toshiba Laptop Will not boot Black screen with Cursor the black screen I have also tried to CTRL ALT Delete as well as sticky keys but nothing pops up for me to edit anything in any way I am a computer savvy guy but this one has got me stumped It just randomly did this last night one more random piece i would like to add in is that it started running insanely slow and then installed windows update shut down to install and it then started doing this I am all fine and dandy with a reformat and would love to do it if I could only actually start the reformat Thank you for reading this and hopefully someone can help me

A:Toshiba Laptop Will not boot Black screen with Cursor

Hi does the hard drive show in the bios? have run ran diagnostics on the hard drive to make sure the drive is good?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366445-toshiba-laptop-will-not-boot-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 61.06%

hello,

I am having a very annoying issue with my toshiba satellite L755-S5216. It boots up fine but sometimes while im doing work on the computer(just normal schoolwork and such) the screen will go black with a redish line that flickers on the left side of the screen. The only way to fix it is to do a shutdown holding the power button. Is there anyway to fix this...or is it just the inverter that i have read on a few posts on this site?

Thanks

A:Screen going black on Toshiba Satellite L755-S5216

A laptop repair person can fix this for you. It could be a bad LCD panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-going-black-on-toshiba-satellite-l755-s5216.176752/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi...

i have recently been having a problem with my toshiba equium a100-027 laptop, which is running on vista.
when i start my laptop i just get a black screen with the mouse cusor on, after the toshiba welcome screen
if i try and start in safe mode the same happens.

this has been occuring the last week or so, but starting in safe mode and doing a system restore seemed to fix the issue for a few days. but now i cant even start it in safe mode.

the only things that i have installed lately are windows updates, and avg updates, and the new firefox.

i think it is something to do with the update which must install after the few days and trigger the problem again

but as i cant start windows i am stuck as a way to fix the issue, any help you could give would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

A:Toshiba Laptop Fails To Start With Black Screen

Start off by trying to repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair. Check this Bleeping Computer Tutorial:How to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup RepairStartup Repair is a diagnostic tool that can be accessed via the Windows Recovery Environment. In order to start the Windows Recovery Environment you must boot your computer off of the Windows Vista DVD that you purchased or that came with your computer. To start this process, insert the Vista DVD into your DVD drive and turn your computer on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153836/toshiba-laptop-fails-to-start-with-black-screen/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello! After going into hibernation mode, Toshiba Satellite A505-s69803 no longer boots, only slightly powers up and has a black screen with no cursor.

Have tried unplugging power adapter and removing battery, holding power button down for over 60 seconds, then re-plugging in adapter and attempting to boot up. Power button lights up, fan starts, cd/dvd player clicks, then just black screen. No beeps, no messages or errors on screen. Power indicator and adapter indicator below keyboard light up faintly white. Battery indicator goes orange momentarily if I put the battery back in.

Can anyone help wih ideas or resolutions? Would really like to try to bring this machine back to life to get some recent non-backed up photos and other data off it.

Thank you!!

Relevancy 61.06%

I just installed 4GB of matched Crucial memory (had 256MB). Everything was fine for about a day; left the computer running for about 1/2 hour and when I came back...black screen. Nothing. Finally had to shut down using the power button.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Operating system is XP with pack 3 installed.

Thanks,

Don

A:Toshiba Satellite A105 S2061 black screen

Will the system boot properly if the new momory is removed and original memory inserted into system. Also what type memory did you installed (clock speed,SDRAM,etc)

The maximum amount for this particular model is 2GB referring to the Toshiba website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-satellite-a105-s2061-black-screen-306392.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I tried to do a reset in laptop because it was acting horrible. Slow loading or unable to load. I fell asleep during the reset process and woke up to black screen. Tried turning it off and starting over but nothing

A:Black screen on toshiba satellite laptop after i reset

This should get you going, then we need to find what caused the original problem.How to use a Lazesoft Windows Recovery CD or USB device to fix the boot problems if your Windows operating system does not start correctlyhttp://www.lazesoft.com/fix-boot-pr..."It is very common for PC users to be faced with a Windows crash. When this happens, the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' pops up, or your PC has a black screen and can not boot or start up"Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/c9viJO4.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/DdozUxq.gifHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/black-screen-on-toshiba-satellite-laptop-after-i-reset/323.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, I am running vista basic in a Toshiba Satellite A215 I was uninstalling firefox when my computer stalled. I tried to reboot, the loading bar came up, after that the screen went black with a mouse cursor arrow. I tried safe mode. Same result. I tried "0 + power" method for factory default. Same result. I dont have the recovery cd. Is there any way to restore factory default without it?  Thanks, RayEdit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Toshiba Satellite Black Screen White Arrow

Possibly useful, http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/Unable-to-restore-laptop-to-factory-settings/td-p/311868 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495143/toshiba-satellite-black-screen-white-arrow/
Relevancy 61.06%

When I turn on my moms computer the screen stays black and I get 3 beeps (3 short 1 longer) then pause then 3 short beeps and it just keeps doing that.

Can anyone guide me here where to start...She LIVES on her computer and is lost without it..lol.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello and thank you in advance!

My laptop has Microsoft Essentials and Malwarebytes installed. A couple days ago I was afraid I was getting a virus, (a "security scanner" window popped up that I did not recognize), so I ran a quick Malware scan, which immediately showed 2 trojan horses. These appeared to clear and I hit restart for completion, but I get nothing now but a black screen - no startup, no cursor, no safe mode... nada. Can hear the DVD start up and fan running occasionally, but that's it.

Have tried recommendations such as removing the power cord/battery, holding down start button...etc...nada.

Obviously I can't follow the 'special instructions' ... but appreciate any assistance!

Thanks,
Erica

Relevancy 60.2%

Hoping y'all can help me out I no Toshiba Black No Screen, Brick Giant boot cursor, = have a Toshiba Black Screen, No cursor, no boot = Giant Brick Toshiba Satellite L -S everything is stock except for extra RAM When I start it it simply goes to a black screen and stays there It does not load the Toshiba screen the windows screen or anything else Just black No cursor This has happened Toshiba Black Screen, No cursor, no boot = Giant Brick in the past and I've fixed it before I would unplug it and pull the battery for - hours and it would boot and I could launch in safe mode then do a system restore to before the update Doesn't work this time It seems to do this is an automatic windows update runs and then it restarts the computer I didn't think that I let it run the update but it's showing the same black screen that it has in the past when the update ran I created a repair disc on another windows computer but it was bit Not sure if that matters Put it in drive turned toshiba on and got the same screen I downloaded Hiren's BootCD burned it to a CD inserted in drive and turned on toshiba Same screen What else can I do at this point I definitely don't want to take it to the Geek Squad but I don't know what my other options Toshiba Black Screen, No cursor, no boot = Giant Brick are Reading through the forums I know you guys are seriously smart on computers - help me computer badasses you're my only hope

A:Toshiba Black Screen, No cursor, no boot = Giant Brick

I've had this problem before. Just hold down 0 before you start it, then when it gets to the cursor screen, turn the computer off, still holding 0. Turn it back on again, and it should go to the Factory Reset screen. Simply exit out of the window and... Tada! Fixed.

Edit:

Solved?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/324618-toshiba-black-screen-no-cursor-no-boot-giant-brick.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Last night , I was watching movies on my Laptop, since google chrome wasn't working I used Internet Explorer. I opened task manager and I closed explorer.exe by accident so I shut down the computer. when i restarted it , my laptop was stuck on the white dash on a black screen , i tried reinstalling windows by can't get past the dash after the installation is done. I cant even access Safe mode. Please Help!

A:Toshiba Laptop L650 with White Dash on a Black Screen

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

How to perform a Seagate's Seatools Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-laptop-l650-with-white-dash-on-a-black-screen-704892.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Toshiba Satellite L D-S A month ago was having issues with infinite start up loop after bad updates install Couldn't even get into the command prompt for a while but then was able to and followed the quot How to Recover from an Infinite Looping Startup Repair Loop without Reinstalling Windows quot guide that I found on here and it worked Got all of my personal files off then after a couple weeks decided to do a factory reset because it was starting to run slow at times Two nights ago had more updates can't even factory black reset screen of Toshiba and Satellite - death from Windows and when I turned it on it said something didn't download correctly It did a disk Toshiba Satellite - black screen of death and can't even factory reset check and then was fine except ran slow when it booted up for a few minutes Today when turning it on it gives options of running StartUp Repair which does the Windows loading files screen then goes to a black screen with the cursor icon Also gives the Start Windows Normally option which gets stuck on the opening Windows icon and never moves All F options end up with black screen with cursor and the kicker is that I attempted factory reset twice now and it goes to a black screen with cursor as well I don't have a recovery disk or any other Windows media Is there anything else I can try tried taking the battery out too and holding down power button or is this laptop toast Thanks and let me know if you need any other system specs

A:Toshiba Satellite - black screen of death and can't even factory reset

I would say that you have a disk problem.
If you do have a Win (7, 8 or 10) installation disk, boot with it, go to repair, launch command prompt and then type chkdsk C: /f.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402080-toshiba-satellite-black-screen-death-cant-even-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 60.2%

As titles say s Black screen of Death Toshiba satellite laptop L - vista home premium bit specs here http uk computers toshiba-europe com innovation jsp SUPPORTSECTION discontinuedProductPage do PRODUCT ID amp DISC MODEL amp service UK my yr nephew slammed the laptop shut with force while on snapped off of the lid clips too still closes amp locks shut with clip on boot black screen but boots ok into OS can see with a L350-170-Black of Death satillite laptop Toshiba screen torch shined onto the screen also connected via VGA to spare monitor all ok i replaced the inverter still the same black screen so i have output from the graphics all items amp icons onscreen but black screen using external monitor i ve used the laptop for several hours ect ok new inverter no change taken battery out to discharge any static removed memory amp tried stick stick ect Toshiba satillite laptop L350-170-Black screen of Death blew out the fan off any dust ect spins freely checked Hdd connection ok any idea s also the fan only spins for - seconds on boot-up then stops jeeeez it s been ok till today Any help or idea s greatly recieved

A:Toshiba satillite laptop L350-170-Black screen of Death

Boot up in safe mode and use the built in system restore utility. When running your system in safe mode, you can still access all the recent restore points created by the system restore utility. Run your system from the last known ?good configuration?. On the other hand, if you know a recent software installation is the cause, then restore to the point created at that date.

http://www.windowsvistauserguide.com/system_restore.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371767/toshiba-satillite-laptop-l350-170-black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a toshiba laptop satellite A135-S2276 running vista, two problems one is the laptop when the power button is pressed, the light on the power switch comes on, and the light on the dvd/cd rom comes on and stays on. the fan comes on for a minute or two, but all i see is a black. the laptop had this issue several months back so it sat on the side. i tryed it a few days ago and it powered up, Second proble forgot password to my account and the Administrators account. But when trying password i completely rebooted and got the black screen. What to do? Thanks for any feed back!!!

A:toshiba laptop satellite A135-S2276 black screen

Do you have files there that you need to keep?

If not, try holding 0 when booting and see if that starts recovery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-satellite-a135-s2276-black-screen.1051638/
Relevancy 60.2%

I restored an HP system recently from an external Toshiba HDD. The restore worked other than the fact that I now only get a black screen with a cursor after windows loads. I can press ctrl alt del and the menu comes up but nothing will start when selected. I ran scf/scannow as administrator figuring it may be a file system error but it could not complete and fails at 51% with the error "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation". The system starts in safe mode just perfectly. The only thing I can think that is different is the hard drive. It is a different brand. There are four partitions on the HDD. Ask me for any other info!! The backup and restore software on the toshiba is Backup Now EZ. When windows boots, I get a newdev.dll error stating it cannot be started because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. help?

A:Restored system from Toshiba external, now only black screen when boot

Ran CCcleaner then chkdsk/f and we are back up and running!! My guess is that the old restore date was trying to pull registry entries and drivers for the old hard drive therefore resulting in the newdev.dll error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/251225-restored-system-toshiba-external-now-only-black-screen-when-boot.html
Relevancy 60.2%

my computer satellite l750 was fallen and the screen is locked,when I press any
key the caps lock's key light get on and the num luck simultaneously

A:computer toshiba satellite l750 screen locked( black)

Sounds like you need a new keyboard, at least.

Try turning on the screen with the Fn keys and I think it's Fn4 or Fn5 along the top.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-toshiba-satellite-l750-screen-locked-black.1055228/
Relevancy 60.2%

Today I tried to boot up my laptop but I am stuck at a blinking cursor on a black screen.

To make matters work my keyboard doesn't work either so I can't use F2 or F12 before it boots to the black screen.

Any idea what the problem could be? I'm stumped and thinking the laptop may just be trash now.

A:Toshiba Laptop won't start up- blinking cursor on black screen

Most often failure to boot disk is a user failure, not hardware. Keep trying, more vigorously. Sometimes what helps is to reset the CMOS which can also be done by pulling the battery if you can access it easily enough on your lappy.

You need to work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

There are some Boot disks/flash sticks provided in the steps that will boot themselves without user input so I'd boot Hiren’s BootCD 15.1 or Hiren's BootCD From USB Flash Drive to run an A/V test, test your HD and RAM, Check File System and Active partition with Partition Wizard on Hirens.

But if you can't get the Win7 installer or Repair CD to boot you may need to rescue your files using Rescue disk in Step 9, then wipe the HD using Partition Wizard on Hirens, which will force the installer to start to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

You can also try getting the inferior Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility if you can get the Fkey to boot it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274961-toshiba-laptop-wont-start-up-blinking-cursor-black-screen.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hope someone can help here I recently upgraded the memory added GB HDD is GB and the computer was working fine much faster for several weeks then it locked up on re-boot I see the Toshiba welcome screen then pause like Windows is getting ready to boot goes to black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner I have tried to run the Toshiba recovery disk computer reads the disk I see quot downloading Windows files quot completes that wait and then black screen with quot ERROR blinking boot...black screen laptop Toshiba won't cursor with LOADING Toshiba laptop won't boot...black screen with blinking cursor OPERATING SYSTEM quot I didn t get a copy of Vista with the computer is it on the Recovery disk And if so how can I get to it if it won t come up thought that re-installing Vista might fix a corrupted file at boot I tried to use Iolo System Mechanic Drive Medic as well computer read the disk option to run two tests hard drive corruption and file partion check st time I ran the HDD test it said there was corruption and fixed it booted the computer and same result as before ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM Tried to run the file partion test and it froze on-screen Re-ran the HDD test and it now says no errors found but same result on re-boot Tried to get new release BIOS from Toshiba site burned to a disk and computer read that as well same result on re-boot The HDD symbol lights and I think it is spinning but sometimes hear a quot clock quot sound same beat same rhythm stuck I removed and reinstalled the HDD same result I saw on a forum that freezing the drive will get it to work for a while so I can get my data family pics off of it and am going to try that next Note I can access the BIOS fine changing the boot option no problem Really appreciate any ideas you folks may have hoping to save the drive and it s data nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop won't boot...black screen with blinking cursor

I usually take the HDD out and hook up to another computer to get data off that I want to save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-wont-boot-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1038055/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi. I'm basic computer user posting on behalf of my grandad who lives several hours away. I've been trying to help him by phone but no success so far.

He has Toshiba Satellite L350D running Windows 7. For several days he's met black screen on startup. He's tried a few online suggestions (that I found via Google) that didn't help (hold power 30 secs, hold power 60 secs, remove battery, external monitor, several function keys). A couple of times he found tapping f11 during startup enabled him to use laptop, but that way has since failed to work.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399472-old-w7-laptop-black-startup-screen-toshiba-satellite-l350d.html
Relevancy 60.2%

when i turn on my Toshiba Satellite L5050-s5965 laptop, it comes on then goes black screen w/flashing white curser. However i can i can go to boot menue and set up F2 ,F12.It is windows vista . Can i fix the problem using one of these methods

A:trying to fix Toshiba laptop black screen wont boot program

I would try F8 first & choose Last Known good configor safe mode.How do you know when a politician is lying? His mouth is moving.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/trying-to-fix-toshiba-laptop-black-screen-wont-boot-program/13486.html
Relevancy 60.2%

ok ive tried holding the off button and disconnecting from everything but nothing, it wont load up safe mode or any other mode-although im only a bigginer so probably doing something wrong, i press start windows normally and it just jumps back to the first screen....my laptop wont load up please help. i have no disc, it did have windows 7 when i bought it 2 years ago although i couldnt get on with it so a friend deleted it and put xp on-unfortunatly my friend aint about to help atm and now i cant do nothing. can anyone out there help please

Relevancy 59.77%

Windows 8
Satellite C55-A laptop
When I sign on to my main account (admin account), the screen turns black and I am unable to do anything except move the cursor around, however there is nothing to click on and hitting keys does absolutely nothing.  I can, however, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to the task manager. 

When I log on to my guest account, everything works fine. 

Any help would be appreciated.  I need to get into my admin account so I can make changes (remove programs, etc.).

Thanks.

A:Toshiba Satellite C55-A: Sign to admin acccount, stuck on black screen

I just fixed my own problem.  I logged on to the guest account and removed the recently installed CutePDFWriter and the Ask.com toolbar that I thought for sure I unchecked during the the CutePDF install process.  

All is well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519692/toshiba-satellite-c55-a-sign-to-admin-acccount-stuck-on-black-screen/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have trying to switch out the ram and worked for three tests of restart to see how the screen responded and on the fourth restart the laptop the screen went black. I connect the laptop through vga cord to a different monitor while holding Fn8 and couldnt see anything.

is it the graphic card? and if so how do i know which one to buy??
http://www.cnet.com/laptops/toshiba-satellite-l305d-s5934/4505-3121_7-33884904.html

Graphics ProcessorATI Radeon 3100 HyperMemory

Relevancy 59.77%

So my 2 year old satellite screen appears "dead". The system boots fine (XP) and I can see everything when attached to external monitor.

Is this video connection? screen? other? where should I have this repaired? THanks.

A:black screen - Toshiba notebook - boots fine with external monitor

Tricky........

Are you sure that you have not accidently switched to mode where your laptop is only displaying to external monitor. you should find instructions in handbook. See if both external monitor and Main screen show up on display properties, make sure you know how to switch back to your external monitor if it does not automatically find and display on external monitor first.

if the default monitor montor setting is not the problem then your screen has failed and you will need to have your screen replaced. if you still have warranty then send it back to manufacturer or where you purchaced it from.

No warranty? then take to local computer shop, (shop around dont just go to PC World or major outlet)
Laptop displays are very expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-toshiba-notebook-boots-fine-with-external-monitor.42470/
Relevancy 59.77%

Win7 Home Premium Toshiba, at login screen it has a black background with a cursor. This happened today after my computer froze and I had to restart it. I've tried starting it in safe mode but every time I hit F8 at startup, it makes a little beeping noise and does nothing. I've tried booting it from the HDD and it's still doing the same thing. Anything that you will helps me please post.

A:Win7 Home Premium Toshiba. At login screen it is black with a cursor.

Have you tried running Startup Repair?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/windows-7-startup-repair.htm

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516293/win7-home-premium-toshiba-at-login-screen-it-is-black-with-a-cursor/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys, once again, I am in need of your help. I got this friend of mine who's having trouble with her Toshiba QOSMIO X300 . She says that whenever she's in the middle of something such as viewing pictures or listening to music or watching a movie at some point the display turns off while you can still hear the sound. The sound is of very bad quality as well. You can hear it but it's really blurry. She's using Windows 7 64 bit. Do you know what the problem could be? I'm sorry if I've not covered all the necessary information. Thanks in advance.

A:[Toshiba QOSMIO x300]Screen goes black but you can still hear burry sound

bump?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-qosmio-x300-screen-goes-black-but-you-can-still-hear-burry-sound.971170/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi. I just bought a new toshiba satellite A210/A215 laptop two weeks ago. After about a week of use, something unusual started happening. After I had been using the laptop for awhile (sometimes a couple of minutes, sometimes several hours), the screen suddenly turns black with no warning. It is still on, because I can hear it running. I just can't see anything on the screen and any music or video playing stops. If anyone could help with this that would be great. Thanks!

A:Toshiba satellite laptop A210/A215 screen turns black after some time

Get into the power settings (under screen saver) and check the settings for running on battery and running on AC power...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-laptop-a210-a215-screen-turns-black-after-some-time.97956/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone I am having an issue with my Toshiba notebook My model is Satellite A - MS C I am out of warranty Originally I was having problems turning on my computer I would push update Toshiba black "bios" after screen - Satellite the power button to turn on the computer Usually there is a Toshiba loading screen with a bar at the bottom showing the loading process Right after there is a Windows loading screen with another bar at the bottom showing the loading process I was having problems at the Toshiba loading screen It would load about and then freeze My computer would not turn on and I would have to manually press the power button to turn the computer off Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update Then press the power button again after waiting a few minutes to try to turn the computer on again After having this problem for a week I figured it was maybe because my computer Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update is not as updated as it should be So I went to the official Toshiba website to their updates page I started to download the BIOS update In the middle of the installation my computer shut down turned off by itself There was no indication that the installation was complete I also remembered reading that the BIOS update should restart automatically My computer turned off itself all of a sudden and did not turn back on After waiting a couple of minutes I tried turning it on manually by pushing the power button There was sound and the blue power button light below the touchpad was on However the screen was black and blank I ve read a couple of other online forums and there has been similar issues A member on notebookreview com username marmle said quot I tried updateig my bios and my laptop died halfway through now it doesnt do anything powers up but then just black and its out of warranty quot Another member on notebookreview com username wade fan said quot Just an fyi I just had the same thing happen to my A -S and I went ahead and called toshiba and they told me that it is a known issue and will be covered by toshiba until december hope this helps anybody out there I am now sending my laptop back to toshiba to get fixed at no charge quot Has anybody heard about this same issue Any ideas on how I can notify or ask Toshiba to fix it for free Is sending my labtop in the only way to fix this problem What are my options I called technical support for help as well but they just kept telling me to send it in Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update

Known issue, but Toshiba takes forever to make it right... Yes we have seen the problem... but don't expect Toshiba to get it back to you quickily... as they have to replace the system board, and they are usually out.
There is nothing you can do but send it in... because otherwise your system board is ruined.
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-black-screen-after-bios-update.129057/
Relevancy 52.89%

When the laptop is turned on the screen comes in a gray color and then goes black and then goes gray, and continues to repeat. What is the problem?

A:Toshiba laptop screen problem

What is the make and model of the laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-screen-problem.1161792/
Relevancy 52.89%

My wife's 2 year old Toshiba L300 laptop has started exhibiting a nasty screen problem. From start up (ie switch on and BIOS splash) the screen goes into a peculiar cycle: every 3 seconds (or very close about) the screen garbles with fine horizontal lines across the screen; it then becomes normal for a similar length of time and then garbles again.

The brightness of the screen is unaffected so I doubt it is the inverter.

Attaching an external screen is normal.

Help!!

A:Toshiba L300 screen problem

L3000D not L300

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-l300-screen-problem.148177/
Relevancy 52.89%

My problem started much like Screen/Blue problem Black previous Screen much Busybee poster, like that of Busybee with files being deleted orphan files being restored and security something or other however after reboot from CD and running Startup Repair the tests all appear to be OK except quot Root Cause Found - Volume on disk is corrupt quot Result Completed successfully Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee Error Code x At this point the pc goes through the never ending sequence of trying to boot up black screen then blue screen etc Medion MD Multimedia Home Entertainment Design Centre Operating System Windows Vista bit service pack C Gb Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee HD with D Gb restore using Gb Gb Ram Disk Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee failure diagnosis test result OK Most recent change made a day or so prior to the crash was retuning digital tv tuner when the changeover from Analog to Digital signal was needed to update channels here in UK The screen shows quot No Signal Analog quot at beginning and end of reboot sequence The black screen suggests this may be a recent hardware or software issue and advises removal of any recent changes but as I cannot get into the system let alone the control panel I am unable to remove or disable anything Would really appreciate being able to at least recover my files and as I am unable to access the operating system either by safe mode safe mode with command prompt or a normal reboot would welcome any advice about how I can achieve this I have a laptop also running Vista bit if that would be of any help in accessing the files Would welcome any advice on offer I am not a computer whizkid but reasonably competent user since Win Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem and I look forward to hearing any thoughts ideas solutions you can provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-problem-much-like-previous-poster-busybee.1003191/
Relevancy 52.46%

i am using hp pavillion nbsp g - tx last day i nbsp formatted nbsp my windows win ultimate so i downloaded all the drivers installed it after when i restarted after installing the graphics nbsp driver of AMD the screen nbsp are showed nbsp driver not properly installed after couple driver problem, blue ... display screen black out , screen then of minutes the screen will be black out and will be back in secthen after couple of minutes the screen will be turned blue with some display driver problem, screen black out , then blue screen ... writing nbsp and it will restart and happen the same process seeing this i went to safe mode and uninstalled the AMD graphics nbsp nbsp then restarted it then there was no screen black outs or blue screen but the laptop was working slow as mb ram but i am having gb ram i tried to install intel graphics then the answer was this laptop cant meet the nbsp requirements so i tried to install from internet nbsp site of AMD as well as INTEL but no change was done so i hope there will be a solution for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/display-driver-problem-screen-black-out-then-blue-screen/td-p/5780896
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello This is my first post although I have bee a visitor and have benefitted several times Laptop Problem Screen Toshiba Solved: from the helpful advice I have encountered a problem with my Toshiba Laptop screen It was fine when it was switched off then when it was switched on again the screen has a black leaf shaped object in the upper right hand corner It s about cms long There is also a grey area extending the length of the screen and about one fifth of the width Folders which are behind this area can t be seen but when I click at random and manage to hit Solved: Toshiba Laptop Screen Problem a folder Solved: Toshiba Laptop Screen Problem it will open The other thing that happens is that when you move the lid the screen goes haywire scrolling up and down and doesn t Solved: Toshiba Laptop Screen Problem stop moving The image below shows what it is like The funny thing is when I try to take screenshot the image shows a perfectly normal screen without the black leaf I had to take the image below with a camera Anyone have any idea what could be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop Screen Problem

It is the screen itself that is damaged (the blob). It can be replaced. It also sounds like you may have a bad connection. The video cable is either loose, pnched or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-screen-problem.981952/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I've bought a Toshiba S50 second problem screen HDMU Satellite Toshiba Satellite S -B- Q and it works fine except the HDMI port I cannot connect to a second screen with Windows I've tried the following things Checked the cable - Reinstalled drivers Windows and Intell Graphic installed the Toshiba HWSetup tried different kinds of secondary screens toggled with the Windows P button adjust settings in the configuration screen and after different adjustments rebooted the laptop many times searched the internet But nothing so far Toshiba Satellite S50 HDMU second screen problem What I can see is that the secondary screen flashes depends on the model but I also can see the blue or orange LED light and even my toshiba laptopscreens goedd for a moment to a black screen and then comes back normally I can even move my mouse to the other screen I see it disappear from my laptop screen but the other screen stays black I also adjusted the Resolution but nothing Just a annoying black secondary screen Has anyone have the same experience and a solution because I need to give presentations for my work and then I need to connect it to a bigger scree or TV

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89972-Toshiba-Satellite-S50-HDMU-second-screen-problem
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all,
I have a slight problem here I have a Toshiba Protege M200 tablet that I took out of storage the other day and when I went to boot up the lcd screen is not working. All I get is a black screen with multiple vertical colored lines across the screen. I do get video on a seperate monitor when I plug that in the back port. I thought it might be drivers or the BIOS and I updated both but still no luck. Here are the specs:

Toshiba Protege M200
1.50Ghz
768MB
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M
XP service pack 1

Thanks to anyone that can help me out with this problem. I really appreciate the help, and if there is anything else that you guys need as far as information let me know cause I probably left out some important obvious features.

Peace,
Joe

A:Problem with Toshiba Protege M200 lcd screen...

So if you use an external monitor, and go to display properties/settings, does it list two monitors? Does moving the screen affect anything? I suspect the connection to the screen may have come apart inside. You didn't drop it or crack the screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-toshiba-protege-m200-lcd-screen.40388/
Relevancy 52.46%

i got a laptop, i turn it on this morning and left it on for like 1 hr. Its was fine when i turn it on but when i came back, the backlight was off so its really hard for me to see, so i try to restart my laptop notthing happen same problem, so i need to ask you guy for help, pls help guy , thx alot

A:TOSHIBA labtop screen havt problem pls help

You got a laptop as in .... you just purchased it?

By "backlight was off" do you mean you actually had a super dim screen that was really almost unreadable and you have to move it around a little to see what was on the screen?

If so, then you need to take it back.

If the screen is just DIM, not bright, you need to plug in the AC Adapter for it to brighten up. Most of them will go dim, but still very readable and usable when the AC is unplugged to save power.

Thanks!

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-labtop-screen-havt-problem-pls-help.715180/
Relevancy 52.46%

I honestly wasn't sure where to post this because it's kind of unusual. I am using computer when suddenly the mouse cursor splits in half vertically. One half of the cursor is a little higher that the other. This is annoying but does not affect the operation of the computer. But then, the screen display starts sliding around and around and occasionally back and forth horizontally. It does not stop unless I shut the computer off. When I try turning it back on, at first I get black screen. So I let it rest and it comes back on. This has happened twice now. I have scanned for viruses and nothing. I have an aftermarket screen that I installed after the original cracked. If anyone knows the cause of this please let me know. Thanks in advance.

A:Toshiba netbook Strange screen problem

for me I think is the screen issue... is this model support External Monitor Connection if so .... try to find a monitor and connect to see the problem is gone or not.... and also internal Video cable problem may cause that also..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-netbook-strange-screen-problem.999848/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello
I have a toshiba satellite L300 laptop. When using it last night the screen blacked out, although the system was still working fine. I rebooted the laptop and it came back on again but blacked out after 2 mins. It then worked after pressing the power button briefly to log off, the screen came on again but only for a few seconds. Now the screen is not working at all although the computer appears to be running ok. I will have to locate another monitor to plug in to see it the fault is the screen.
Does anyone have any ideas what this might be and if so, how to resolve this?
Thanks

Tony

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
Have attached some files and hope someone can help me fix this problem

Mvh Ole

A:Toshiba sattelite A210/ blue screen problem

Hello and welcome, OleJK.

Bugchecks are all over the map:
Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Devin\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\__processed_BSOD_dumps__\__2010-05-14__02.20____\Mini051110-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 6002.18209.x86fre.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x84a4d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x84b64c70
Debug session time: Tue May 11 13:23:08.020 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:57.834
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904aa, a2fe5a94, a2fe5790, 8e4a019d}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsAreHashNamesEqual+b )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24)
If you see NtfsExceptionFilter on the stack then the 2nd and 3rd
parameters are the exception record and context record. Do a .cxr
on the 3rd parameter and then kb to obtain a more informative stack
trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 001904aa
Arg2: a2fe5a94
Arg3: a2fe5790
Arg4: 8e4a019d

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_RECORD: a2fe5a94 -- (.exr 0xffffffffa2fe5a94)
ExceptionAddress: 8e4a019d (Ntfs!NtfsAreHashNamesEqual+0x0000000b)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 00000000
Parameter[1]: 00000178
Attempt to read from address 00000178

CONTEXT: a2fe5790 -- (.cxr 0xffffffffa2fe5790)
eax=00000000 ebx=00000d6b ecx=00000048 edx=894007c8 esi=a2e5496c edi=a2fe5c8c
eip=8e4a019d esp=a2fe5b5c ebp=a2fe5b5c iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010246
Ntfs!NtfsAreHashNamesEqual+0xb:
8e4a019d 0fb78878010000 movzx ecx,word ptr [eax+178h] ds:0023:00000178=????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 00000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 00000178

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 84b84868
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 84b64420

FOLLOWUP_IP:
Ntfs!NtfsAreHashNamesEqual+b
8e4a019d 0fb78878010000 movzx ecx,word ptr [eax+178h]

FAULTING_IP:
Ntfs!NtfsAreHashNamesEqual+b
8e4a019d 0fb78... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/toshiba-sattelite-a210-blue-screen-problem-483187.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Toshiba laptop. Replaced screen. Bought from Laptopscreen.com (business hours M-F). Will contact them.. Specs seem right. I have wi-fi set up for 2 computers.
Booted computer, picture seems out of contrast(not sharp) and has green back ground with green pixels where they shouldn't be(should be another color), hard to explain, anyway not normal.
Ran an Avast boot scan (just installed Avast free program).

Showed 4 problems of these with only diffence in the 4 was Inno 0002,0003,0004,0005.bin
Below is actual listing
File C:\Users\Katelen\AppData\Local\MS\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content IE(Sor5)\OPGH1ZTZ(Z's could be 2's ) \AppGraffitisetup[1].exe l>Inno 0002. bin error 4(Z or 2)145 Installer archive is corrupted.

I found this curious about the Inno 0002, etc, because the screen replacement model was an InnoLux sceen. I am using another computer to post this. I can run TSG SysInfo on Laptop and send if necessary.
Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

I have Toshiba tecra laptops facing problem of blue screen and it randomly to shut down, I have format the window 3 time but problem not solved.
Configuration:-
Dual Core Processer, 2 GB Ram, 500 GB HDD
Please help me to solve my problem.

Mod Edit:  Removed data considered spam...based on premise that you truly have system issues and was unaware of forum rules.  I storngly suggest that you read the forum rules (see link in my signature) before posting additonally - Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516910/i-have-toshiba-laptop-facing-problem-blue-screen/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have just replaced the screen of a Toshiba Satellite laptop A The previous screen had been broken when someone stepped on the top of the laptop Structurally though the laptop was just fine The broken screen lit up in senseless brilliance After I replaced the screen the laptop will not power up I immediately thought it could be cables came unplugged when I remounted the panel faulty new screen motherboard I ve really been hoping against motherboard And something strange is happening that makes me think it might not be the whole board The laptop powers on for five seconds fans blaring and everything and then shuts off It almost reminds me of when my Xbox red-ringed and would no longer even start up finally forcing me to repair it It does this with the new screen the old screen and no screen at all There doesn t seem to be any difference In my experience when a motherboard goes there s no getting it to turn back on Which is what confuses Problem After Toshiba Strange Replacing Satellite Screen me I m at a loss here aside from the thought that it might be the screen cable and I can Strange Problem After Replacing Screen Toshiba Satellite t really afford to have a professional take a look Strange Problem After Replacing Screen Toshiba Satellite at it as I ve already spent money on the new screen Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Strange Problem After Replacing Screen Toshiba Satellite

Open the laptop carefully and check for loose cables or damage?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-problem-after-replacing-screen-toshiba-satellite.1089156/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have recently come across this great forum gone thru some of the posts x700 m70-113-Screen radeon pro sat on toshiba mobility Ati problem and it looks that really good knowledgable people exist here for support thanks all for this I have a toshiba sat pro notebook model no m - with ati mobility radeon x card integrated some times when i resume from sleep or play games the screen turns into a strange unusable state as shown in the snap taken below Code http img imageshack us img errorhs jpg Maybe whenever the screen reinitialises like on wakeup or when a game re-resolutions the screen during play startup this screen problem occurs i have tried to update with the latest drivers from toshiba site but the problem persists Ati mobility radeon x700 on toshiba sat pro m70-113-Screen problem how to resolve this amd says it doesnt support the integrated ati cards on notebooks so contact the toshiba support but this link says some thing about integrated card on vista so does this mean this driver is for my notebook with integrated x card Code http game amd com us-en drivers catalyst aspx p vista integrated-vista please help thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/105612-ati-mobility-radeon-x700-toshiba-sat-pro-m70-113-screen-problem.html