Windows Support Forum

Faulty Mobo or CPU need advice before I buy

Q: Faulty Mobo or CPU need advice before I buy

Hi guys I need a bit of advice I have been working with PCs for several years now and some of that in a hardware support role but this one has stumped me I have a Athlon MSI KT Ultra Mobo W PSU Gb RAM Gb Hard Disk Geforce and Soundblaster Live and the advice buy I need Mobo or Faulty before CPU usual otehr PC Gubbins I built the machine about months ago and everything was fine However two problems have started to show Faulty Mobo or CPU need advice before I buy The first is that I started to get IRQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL errors with the obvious BSOD that goes with it this happened during gameplay sometimes but always on shutdown or if I booted from the Win XP CD I found that if I downclocked the FSB to MHz making my CPU a then it all works ok So I figured it must be the RAM so I changed it but the same errors started when I bumped the FSB back up to MHz I have also since tried removing and or changing every component but no diffrence I did however read that MSI has problems with the AGP port and the FSB when running at MHz so I therefore think it must be the mobo To confirm this I started getting a keyboard or mouse is not connected error on boot so I had to restart it to get past the POST screen again I thought Mobo but I changed the PSU back to the one that came with the case and that error dissapeared but again couldnt run the FSB at MHz So in conclusion should I get a new Mobo or CPU or what do you guys think Cheers Magnus nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty Mobo or CPU need advice before I buy

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty Mobo or CPU need advice before I buy

that IRQL thing is supposed to be a IRQ conflict issue, or that you have bad drivers or hardware. I got a similar screen on my DFI Lanparty Ultra II A and it went away after disabling all onboard devices and doing a clean reinstall. after the reinstall, i enabled everything that i use again, and it detected it fine and runs great.

I'm not sure how your hard drive is configured, or if you have capability of backing up your data and the patience to do so, but if you could, i would reinstall. Maybe someone else has a more immediate fix, i'm not sure...

did you update your bios to the latest revision?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-mobo-or-cpu-need-advice-before-i-buy.10387/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys I had a quick question regarding my PS keyboard not working help! Faulty Mobo?! Need on initial boot up I just finished by new build turned the computer on and get a screen on the monitor with an ABIT logo that says press tab to show POST press DEL to enter setup Now the problem is that my keyboard doesn t work Here s what I ve tried so far I took the keyboard and hooked it up Need help! Faulty Mobo?! to another computer and it Need help! Faulty Mobo?! works fine there so the keyboard isn t faulty I got a PS to USB converter and hooked the keyboard up to that to see if a USB connection would work but still doesn t I tried using a completely different keyboard as-well and it also doesn t work Is it safe to say that my motherboard is broken When I start it up it gives me the beep so I assumed it was working properly This is my first build that I ve ever put together so forgive me if it s something really simple that I just am not thinking of I just took out the CMOS battery for minutes put it back in and it still doesn t work After the first quot beep quot the lights on the keyboard will flash but then it doesn t work I also took out all hardware and put it back in checking all the connections to make sure they were secure ect Here s my hardware ABIT IP -E Motherboard Intel ghz nm GT GB Ballistics W Cosair nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

i have an emachines t the other day i was curious to see if i have ddr or ddr ram i popped the case and checked the ram but on my way i bumped my heatsink i pulled out my cpu and fixed all prongs that were bent only and then put everything back thgether and closed it up when i turn my computer on nothing happens nothing shows mobo? Faulty up on the screen the fans spin normally and it sounds like it s booting up for a sec but then my hard drive stops clicking ive tried everything new ram new Faulty mobo? video card resetting cmos running with minimal components but nothing fixes the problem i think my mobo might be broken maybe i shocked it with static i doubt i broke the cpu because it doesnt respond to anything when its not plugged in but it responds and soinds like its beginiing to boot up when the cpu is in could anyone give me some suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I upgraded my PC and used my old components to build another PC in an old case I have Everything seemed mobo now my Is faulty? to be fine up to the point where all of a sudden my LAN controller disappeared from Windows No Is my mobo now faulty? lights are flashing on Is my mobo now faulty? the port whether it's booting up or in Windows itself As a temporary measure I installed a wireless dongle which works but after about minute into booting Windows it disappears with the usual message about the USB port being able to perform faster etc The dongle eventually comes back to life In fact I also get this with any USB device I have installed the latest drivers although can no longer with the LAN controller as it can't find it anymore I tried to reinstall the OS via USB flash drive but states a system disk error instead although this drive works fine on other PCs Not only that the monitor shows only half the screen when booting into the BIOS It does show the full screen after resetting the CMOS but reverts back to shite after a reboot Is there anything else I can try before I give it the last rites I've got a feeling I must have shorted something against the case or it had a spazzy fit when it realised it was no longer my main PC Thanks very much and hope you can help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383119-my-mobo-now-faulty.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently acquired a toasted pc from a friend that wanted me to get it running. With the stock psu it turns on for a minute and shuts off again and automatically restarts. So I tried changing the psu with an evga 500w psu I had for a gaming build I'm trying to save up for and it still does the same thing,I've cleared CMOS twice,tried it without RAM does the same thing. It has the Pegatron M2N78-LA motherboard and was wondering if that was the issue. When it turns on it doesn't send any signal to the monitor,so that's kinda what I'm basing my guess off of.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Faulty-mobo/td-p/5690842
Relevancy 60.63%

I built my PC about a year ago and it has been working great until about months ago I started receiving a error message during startup the message was quot Bad bios checksum please insert system disc to continue with bios recovery quot Having scoured the net I found or GPU mobo? faulty very few answers The way I was getting around the problem was by switching my Pc off at the mains doing a makeshift memory dump Then after a few minutes I would turn it back on and hey GPU faulty or mobo? presto it worked fine That was until yesterday I booted it up and got into windows then GPU faulty or mobo? the monitor went into sleep mode with the message quot No Signal quot on screen I m good at problem solving and know my system inside and out so decided to put a very old graphics card into my machine to see if its a GPU issue and hey presto it worked kinda Now your probably thinking I solved my own problem well not quite When I do a reboot with the old card in the system hangs with a black screen So my question to you guys is this have I inadvertantly nuked my graphics card by the constant switching off at the mains or has the mobo s bios been the route of all my problems I am thinking of doing a complete reinstall but wanted GPU faulty or mobo? some input from anyone out their with a similar problem before I go ahead with the reinstall Any help would be greatly received as im almost out of ideas nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I am having some issues with my computer regarding sound I don't have any of it My computer was recently RMA'd due to a faulty PSU and video card I just received it back and the speakers that I used before no longer work I figured it was a driver issue and simply downloaded the - mobo ? audio Faulty No RealTek drivers but No audio - Faulty mobo ? it didn't fix the problem The AMD card comes with its own drivers I had problems in the past with their HD audio codecs and tried uninstalling them but that didn't seem to fix it either I went into device manager and located that there were drivers installed and they checked out I checked for hidden or disabled devices in quot Playback devices quot and didn't find any Things I've tried Installing audio drivers Uninstalling and reinstalling audio drivers System restore Checking proper connection of speakers Verification that speakers work By just looking at the audio mixer it would appear that the system is playing sounds because there is activity in the mixer when a song or other sounds are playing The problem is there is nothing coming from the speakers No audio - Faulty mobo ? Is it possible that my audio ports on the motherboard could be faulty I think I've run through all No audio - Faulty mobo ? the options as thoroughly as possible but if there is anything I missed or something else you could suggest I will gladly give it a shot Thanks for your time and input Related component brands Asus P -M Mobo HIS Win bit Dell soundbar speakers

A:No audio - Faulty mobo ?

What type of speaker setup are you using? How is this setup hooked up? Does the speaker system have an independent volume control if so is it turned on and all the way up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/235438-no-audio-faulty-mobo.html
Relevancy 59.77%

mobo: epox 8rda
cpu: athlon(barton core) 2.5ghz
memory: 1gb
hd: 160gb maxtor
psu: 450wt

I tried to turn on the pc and it starts up and is on for about 3-5 seconds then just goes dead. The screen doesn't display anything throughout this time. I have checked the hd on a seperate pc and that is not the problem. It keeps going through this process everytime i try and turn it on, on for a couple of seconds then just switches off. it was running smooth before this happened, no probs at all.

i thought it mite be a faulty heatsink that triggers the failsafe on the cpu and causes it to turn off b4 it burns out. however, i don't won't to buy a new one only 2 realise its something else. any suggestions...

cheers

jimbo

A:Faulty mobo, heatsink or PSU??

Heatsinks can't be faulty since they are a chunk of metal, but they can be installed backward or the latches that hold them can break off or the fans can fail.

I'd try another power supply after making sure the heatsink hasn't come loose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-mobo-heatsink-or-psu.796325/
Relevancy 59.34%

What is up with my computer now? It comes up with a screen saying
"Nvidia GeForce MX440 Bios
version 4.17.4E.69.IP
Copywright (C) 1996-2002 NVIDIA Corp
64.00MB RAM"
and gets no further but I did at lest get it turned on by shorting the speaker pins.

If you need any more info or pics to help you guys help me solve it, just ask.

Relevancy 59.34%

A friend asked me to have a look at his computer as it wouldn't start at all, no post, nothing, not even the power supply would start, so I opened it up checked that the power leads, motherboard + cpu were seated properly that the power supply lead was connected properly, It still wouldn't start.
I put in a spare power supply I had thinking his power supply had died and that wouldn't start power up either.
I'm thinking that either the motherboard is dead or the switch on the case is faulty.
Has anyone come across this situation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-mobo-or-faulty-switch.1164777/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,

I have a MSI k7 pro via kt 266a mobo with an athlon xp1600, served me well, however time has moved on.
1/ MSIs website states the max cpu my mobo can take is xp2100 (upgradeing cpu would be cheapest option). Does anyone know any different?

2/ There are some good "bargains" in mobos, as low as 80 bucks Australian, able to take an AMD 64 3200 , based on SIs chipsets. Of the chipsets available, eg, Sis , Via , nforce, are folk noticing any "real world" difference between them.

I occasionally edit and render video-rendering times not a key consideration and occasionally play Lomac and Il2 flight sims. Thats it. Apart from surf the net.

Your input appreciated. Thanks

A:Advice required for mobo update or mobo replacement

i just bought an ecs N2U400-A MB, i already had a couple xtra processors so i didnt need to get the combo, but if I had got the combo, i beleive it came with an athlon xp 2400+ for around $100 american. so far i am very happy with the quality and performance of this new board. BTW, it is an nFORCE2 board

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-required-for-mobo-update-or-mobo-replacement.17718/
Relevancy 58.48%

hiya,

putting this way,half a year ago when i took my cpu back to the shop for servicing - they claimed that there was something wrong with my mobo and have to sent back to factory for warrenty (repairing) and till today i m doubt something wrong with it after getting back from them....

is there any software or programe to check the mobo or graphic card's condition?

thanks

edit: i think i put in a wrong section and if it is, i m really sorry coz i m just new to here

A:how to check faulty mobo & graphic card?

You can test RAM with memtest 86+
A motherboard is difficult to diagnose at home. If something isn't working and you suspect hardware, you swap parts until you isolate the broken item.
What did they say was wrong?

Please don't apologize when posting - it's annoying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-check-faulty-mobo-graphic-card.79402/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys this is nd or rd post on spinning are no display.Mobo Fans but faulty? this forum so if here its the wrong place please notice me So here is my story months ago i built desktop system not the greatest but which is Mobo Foxconn A vmx CPU AMD Phenom x GPU ATI Radeon R GB GDDR x GB Ram MHz A friend gave me this motherboard and i decided to make something with it The problem with it was that the pc wasnt shutting down Everytime i wanted to turn off the pc i had to unplug the power cord or to switch off from the psu's button I did this untill my hard broke about one week Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? ago Now the problem is that when i try to start my pc The cpu Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? fan and one cm fan are spinning but i get black screen Also the gpu fan is spinning for - seconds then stops I borrowed a GT GB GDDR from a friend to see if the gpu is faulty but same Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? black screen but that gpu's fan is totally spinning I took an older cpu and tried it same problem also tried with one stick of ram same problem Also when i start the pc without ram i dont get that beep noise from the speaker so i think the Mobo might be the problem here Tried my psu on another pc to see if its working properly and it is I took another psu to try it on my pc but same black screen Tried also clear the cmos same problem Now im asking you guys if the mobo is the real problem or could be something else And if you could tell me what else i could try im all ears Sorry for bad english tho

A:Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty?

Hello Poli I know you have checked out the PSU but please do this in my little ditty and post back a pic of the PSU voltage rails
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061.html (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.

Use PART A: and as an option you can use a digital multimeter and test the volts on the 24 pin board plug see this for the colour codes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_supply_unit_(computer) (scroll to the bottom) use the black lead to any black cable the red lead to the different rails.

Also the board is relatively old too mate so don't be surprised if it has or is going south.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370713-fans-spinning-but-no-display-mobo-faulty.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all, it's my firs post here So, I decided to exchange my MSI P67 motherboard because of the faulty sata port issue. They will exchange my P67A-GD65 for the same motherboard model but without this error. And the thing is - will I need a clean install of my Win7? I've heard many things about it and I'm really confused

A:Faulty P67 mobo exchange and Windows reinstall

just conect every thing up and try it... w7 might boot up ok or you might have to reinstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/158754-faulty-p67-mobo-exchange-windows-reinstall.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So i just Put together a brand new computer with a Core Duo E and an Asus P B-E Mobo I turned it on for the first time and went into the Bios to monitor temperature There I discovered the cpu temp was degrees C All fans are running correctly and the heatsink fan was installed correctly I turned the computer off as soon as possible to ponder this problem I came accros this article in my research http www techimo com forum t html basically it says that the Mobo was reading the temp on the cpu wrong I went back and turned on my computer for about Minute untill the temp hit c then I touched my heatsink and it felt about room temperature maybe a little cooler So my question is Could this board have a screwy temperature gauge Or is my Mobo overclocking my cpu right outta the box Thanks for any help you can contribute nbsp

A:a mobo that automatically overclocks? or just a faulty Temp Gauge

Well, that thread did say that the mobo has temp sensor problems.

btw, I don't think its possible to get your heatsink to below room temp . It is just physically impossible. The reason why it feels that way is because metal is a much better heat conductor than air, and therefore is conducting away your body heat faster than the air around you, thus feeling colder.

Just a little info for you
Core2Duos have a max operating temp of 66C or something like that, the last time I checked. In fact, no Intel chips for PC have a max operating temp of over 70C (maybe a couple) the last time I checked, so if its registering 85C, your CPU is ready to explode or your mobo sensor is stuffed up.

I'm betting your mobo sensor is stuffed up.

If you're still worried, time to get an aftermarket CPU heatink+fan. Then you might be able to do some overclocks as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-mobo-that-automatically-overclocks-or-just-a-faulty-temp-gauge.75818/
Relevancy 57.62%

so I accidently damaged a Lipo battery when i opened my laptop to fix it. Now im not sure how i should store it to be safe from explosions. Help?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/urgent-advice-faulty-battery-4604775/
Relevancy 57.19%

Well around winter of my Card? Input Video Signal, No Fried Faulty Mobo? computer broke down I have recently gotten sick and tired of using a windows COMPAQ has too little ram for anything remotely modern So I am back to it my Father looked at it and he thinks the motherboard is fried No one in my family has any PHYSICAL computer problem experience though I have virtual experience It started to make a loud hoarse noise at startup The monitor sayed quot No Input Signal quot and said quot Monitor going to sleep quot We cleaned out the inside as it was ridiculously dusty and now the hoarse noises have stopped But the monitor is still messed up What I can provide -Another computer to test things -Pictures of the inside of my computer -Specifications To an extent another thing I want you to know I am not prepared to buy most things I have another computer with parts I can swap if it comes down to it No Input Signal, Faulty Video Card? Fried Mobo? but if we cant fix it we are going to buy a brand new computer If anyone can help it would be much appreciated I have little physical computer experience as in none So I dont know where anything or what anything is nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I kept getting quot Memory Management quot blue screens so I ran memtest and found over errors before I stopped the test To decide which RAM Stick was faulty I tested both sticks in the on Solved: faulty I replacing need RAM stick advice first slot and only one of them got errors so this was the faulty one I only had Solved: I need advice on replacing faulty RAM stick GB of RAM so now I only have GB I currently have one stick of GB VData RAM VD U B G -B with the following information printed on it Code VData VD U B G -B DDR GX U-DIMM So Would I be able to buy a different brand of RAM with the same specification and use it with the current working VData stick If so what are the specifications that I should be looking for Solved: I need advice on replacing faulty RAM stick other than the stick to be DDR with a speed of Mhz If I were to buy a set of GB with the same specification but a different brand would this work giving me a total of GB RAM If so what are the specifications that I should be looking for other than the sticks to be DDR with a speed of Mhz Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: I need advice on replacing faulty RAM stick

Go here and allow the Crucial System Scanner to load and run.

After it's finished and it displays a report, copy-and-paste the link to that report here.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-need-advice-on-replacing-faulty-ram-stick.1059391/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am in the market for Motherboards, and could use some suggestions on lga 775 cpu socket mobos. I do allot of gaming and some word processing; my price range is in the neighborhood of $135 to like, 150 max. Any advice would help allot.

A:Mobo advice

gaming, says you? for gaming applications your best option is an amd athlon64 platform. not only will it save you a bit of green but the a64s run cooler, consume less power, and deliver generally better gaming performance. just make sure you get an athlon based on a 90nm process and use name brand mobo, psu, ram parts. what games are you trying to play? what is your total budget for thsi computer? what parts, if any, do you already possess?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-advice.30956/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi all
the prob i had is in this thread lost use of all usb's

my question is will this mobo run all my hardware as its all new from the 5monthold new build

Cheap Laptops, Computers and Cheap LCD TVs | Ebuyer.com

this is my hardware
ezcool ps1000 psu
amd athlon2 640 x4 3.0ghz
corsair xms3 8GB 2x4GB ddr3
xfx radeon hd6850 dual fan 1GB ddr5
x-fi extreme music
win7 x64

any help is much apreciated folks thanks in advance
this is the board that the shop cheaped out on wen they built my rig
http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...ed=0CCQQ8wIwAA

A:new mobo advice

First link no worky. It goes to your basket, not the motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/166197-new-mobo-advice.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey Guys,
Looking for a little advice, I'm redoing my whole system, going to socket 939. I'm getting an AMD 64 3800+, WD 250GB SATA HD, 2GB of PC3200 Crucial RAM and have a Radeon X700 PRO vid card. Now I'm trying to figure out what mother board to get. I can spent anywhere from $100-$300 US on it, so who recommends what?
I am going to be overclocking a bit, so keep that in mind with the recommendations. Thanks much. :giddy:

A:939 Mobo Advice

The PCI Express video card limits you to only nForce 4 motherboards and there are only a few of those out now. Check Hardocp.com and Tomshardware.com for reviews.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/939-mobo-advice.18916/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys I m trying to decide on a mobo to use with i5 3570k. my options are:
1. MSI Z77A-G43 http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-G43.html
2. ASR Z77 Extreme3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157330

which one I sud go for? I be happy if u help guys thanks.

A:Need advice on mobo

I would personally go with Asrock. I am not a fan of MSI and I have been liking ASRock boards lately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-mobo.194270/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have searched and searched for a motherboard comparison of all options on the net with no luck i am building a new computer to replace my existing and with the new technology im dumbfounded i am computer savvy but want to know the ins and outs and whats best for the buck anyone? help me please the only thing i have right now is the coolermaster 830 stacker which is an awesome case i want ddr3 sli capable

A:HELP need advice on which mobo to get?

Here is the advice I gave a couple of thread down; just in case you missed:
What's your budget? What level of PC are you aiming to make? (High end gaming, mid-range work/gaming or budget PC) What kind of games?

The best thing I can recommend is to check out and follow the guides on sites like www.tomshardware.com or www.anandtech.com or from gaming magazines. All of those do their "best gaming PC", often in different price brackets.

Look at the brands and chipsets that they recommend. You tend to see the same brands and configurations, so this is the best way for a newbie to dip their feet in.

Alternatively - look at the configurations of some online vendors (NOT big names like Dell etc that use their own components, but ones that use off-the-shelf components) and use those as a guide.

The reason I'm not recommending anything specific for the moment is that people have a lot of their own personal favourites. These may not necessarily the best components for your budget or needs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-need-advice-on-which-mobo-to-get.99193/
Relevancy 51.17%

i currently have an Hp comp but i want to get a new case, an sli motherboard, and a geforce 7800 to turn it into a gaming machine. My HP has an ASUS PTGD-LA mobo:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00361570
im planning on getting an ASUS P5ND2-SLI Deluxe mobo :
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=485&l1=3&l2=11&l3=182
i also plan on purchasing an Aspire X-Navigator case w/ a 500w power supply.
does this sound like a good idea?
will i be able to transfer my current processor (Intel P4 3.00ghz) and my ram onto the new mobo?
im kinda a beginner when it comes to computers so i just need some advice, mainly need to know if the processor and ram will be compatible w/ the new mobo.
thx

A:need some advice on new mobo

You can transfer the processor to the new board. But the memory might not work, both boards support DDR2 but the HP board may be using 400Mhz memory or 533Mhz memory. If its using the 400Mhz then it appears you can't use it on the new P5ND2-SLI Deluxe board as it only lists 533 higher speeds.

Use CPU-Z to see what memory you are using: http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-some-advice-on-new-mobo.443652/
Relevancy 51.17%

Currently I have a BFG 680i SLI mobo.Nothing wrong with it, performs well, but I am consideruing a new one. the chipset is getting a bit long in the tooth (relatively speaking) so it may be time for an upgrade. Personal recomends are what I really need, or anything to avoid on experience. I have no intention of upgrading anything else, so its a DDR2, SLI board i need for a quaddie. Prefrably no Asus, as I has a Striker originally which wouldnt even recognise a quaddie beacuae Asus didnt put the BIOS together properly, and I wasnt going to buy another chip just toflash it. Any ideas, post away, but please any links for UK!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo-advice.743584/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am looking to get the ASUS P5Q Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P45 Intel Motherboard. It takes DDR2 1200 RAM, but the only ones I see at NewEgg are recommended for 680i nVidia chip sets. I am wanting at least 4GB RAM.

If there is a better mobo out there, or would recommend one, please show me. I am looking for something with alot of COM ports, at least one PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, one PCI-E x8, and a couple PCI slots. Also should hold a Core 2 Quad Q9450.

Any recommendations?

Relevancy 51.17%

well ive ran in to a problem im trying to get my parents audio working they have a intel DQ GF mobo intel cedar mill ghz gb ddr sticks of pc asus geforce gt Mb cant find exact one cuz its a bit seagate barracuda gb hd well it has IDT audio driver and such i keep up with it as best as possible the driver wouldnt differentiate between headset and speakers so i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice the rd time i did it i clean out the registry and it still came back the same way well i stuck in a old sound card mind u that this card was submersed a while some mobo a Need on advice ago and i checked it out and it ran fine in my pc Need some advice on a mobo to test it then stored it well after i stick it in there Need some advice on a mobo pc the video quit working so i troubleshooted it and still couldnt get it working and even trying different combinations of theings then i was listening to the pc the cpu fan was abnormally loud and the hard drive was making a loud vibrating noise i then did some things like taking out the video card again and the cpu fan want loud any more but the harddrive was still making the noise i then took out the harddrive and tested it in my pc with the ultimate boot disk cd i dled and made the seagate tests both short and long came back perfect now im thinking its the mobo but on the northbridge the lights comes on and the cpu fan is on but theres no video im thinking the south bridge might have went by the way-side after all this do u guys think its possible for the southbridge to actually go out on a mobo i just wanna see wat your guys thought are on this one are nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-advice-on-a-mobo.120446/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everybody Im not to good with computer hard ware and whats hot or not, maybe you guys can give me some advice on what to buy here, im upgrading my computer that I have now, I am looking to buy a motherboard, processor, and ram. I dont want to spend any more than $400-450.00, thanks for your help, much apprechiated.

MOBO:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145566

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16819103735

RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145566

A:need advice CPU/MOBO/RAM

Your motherboard link sends me to the same page as the memory link. Are you looking for a motherboard with PCI-e, AGP or integrated video ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-cpu-mobo-ram.72404/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an acer aspire t I just bought a new board cpu and ram From what I need advice new and cpu mobo can tell from all I have read The fact that my os is an oem acer I will have to buy xp sp retail Is this the fact or is there away around my oem I do not know if its true but I read that new mobo and cpu need advice if I buy an xp sp upgrade that would be enough but I need to know for sure I am hoping you guys can help I hate the fact that buying xp in a package doesn t give the consumer the same rights as if buying it as a retail version Wish I had done more homework three years ago Thankyou all in advance many items on this forum have kept me and the dinosaur going up to now BY the way the computer works just fine as it is but who out there likes just fine again all help and advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

i am thinking of getting Amazon.com: AMD FX -4130 3.8Ghz Processor FD4130FRGUBOX: Computers & Accessories does any one know a good mobo to pair with it that will play nice with whats in my spec sheet aside from the graphics card as i am upgrading to evga 760 4gb

A:alt advice for a cpu/ mobo pair

Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82

i am thinking of getting Amazon.com: AMD FX -4130 3.8Ghz Processor FD4130FRGUBOX: Computers & Accessories does any one know a good mobo to pair with it that will play nice with whats in my spec sheet aside from the graphics card as i am upgrading to evga 760 4gb

Just check your RAM is on the QVL for your new board, rest will be fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297614-alt-advice-cpu-mobo-pair.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I m replacing my Mobo and cput and was wondering what the easiest way was to use my old HD without doing a complete reinstall as I ve have spent hours tweaking and setting up my system the way I like it now I ve heard of doing a windows repair install but have heard you have to reinstall service packs updates ect something I was trying to avoid I have also heard of using the sysprep tool but it seems kinda complicated for a semi newbie like me Then last but not least I have read that you can just change the IDE AGP controller driver to the Windows default driver Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller and PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge respectivelly and uninstall the vga card drivers on the old mobo then pop in the new mobo and all should be well Any advice has anyone tried any of these methods with success If so which one Sorry for the legnthy post any help would be appriciated thanks Sean nbsp

A:Replacing Mobo, need advice...

In all honesty the absolute best thing to do would be to reinstall windows. You can try the default IDE controllers, etc. but that will severely degrade performance and you will probably run into other driver problems anyway.

Just reinstall Windows, it will be much more worth your time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-mobo-need-advice.76884/
Relevancy 50.74%

so im working on my first build and ive been doing research for weeks now but there are still a few things im iffy on so if anyone could help me answer a few mobo specs Advice on questions it would be much appreciated so after browsing on newegg Advice on mobo specs for hours on end trying to decide on a mobo im still left with questions about compatability when newegg lists the FSB speed for example does that mean max minimum does the processor FSB speed have to match the Mobo s FSB speed or could the processor FSB speed be and have a mobo that has speed also on some boards Advice on mobo specs where it lists the memory standard some will say O C does the O C refer to overclocking and that if i were to get ram i would need to get if i didnt overclock these are really the only main questions i have regarding the mobo sorry if these sound like lame n b questions dont hate on me too hard be gentle nbsp

A:Advice on mobo specs

Question about memory voltage

so after looking at mobo's for days on end, ive come to lean on 2 boards in particular.

the first bein the more expensive board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131319

and the other one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128359

after reading the specifications for the Gigabyte board on Gigabytes website, it said that the memory voltage is 1.8v, but i downloaded the motherboards manual from the website and it said nothing about the memory voltage. the only reason i ask is cause after looking at ddr2 ram on newegg, there were only 2 products for 1.8v ram.

can this board support a higher voltage? or how does that work. i would like to get the board because it has everything i need and has the memory and FSB speed that im looking for, but i dont want the voltage to be an issue if i can only get 1.8v ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-mobo-specs.114850/
Relevancy 50.74%

i want to update my mobo and cpu. if the new one i buy is sata is it ok to use an adapter for my existing ide hard drive? also can i use the same type of adapters for my cd & dvd drives? my existing pc is a dell will the board fit in ok?any other advice will be much appreciated.many thanks in advance.

A:Solved: new mobo advice

Boards with Sata usually also come with regular PATA/IDE controllers. So I don't really think you'll have a problem with that. Just make sure that the board has IDE support.

Now on a new motherboard fitting into your dell case...there lies a problem. Dell builds their computers specifically around the original components. The best answer to your question on whether the board will fit is "with luck it just might".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-mobo-advice.709809/
Relevancy 50.74%

hello anyone or everyone. I recently bought a PCI express graphics card but my motherboard has no PCI express slots, i was intending on getting a new mother board anyway but i want to keep my CPU. i really dont know what to look for, my existing motherboard model is MS-6534 ... i beleive. if someone could give me some advise i'd be very grateful.

A:Need advice on purchaising new mobo. help please

Your MoBo has the following Specs for the CPU

? Supports Socket 478 for Intel® Pentium 4 processor
? Supports 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz and up to 2.2GHz

You should buy a MoBo that has the same SOCKET which is 478 in order to use the same CPU...

Also... make sure it has SDRAM PC-133 SUpport
- Support PC133 SDRAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-purchaising-new-mobo-help-please.41029/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I'm thinking about putting together a computer for the first time, and needed some advice on motherboard selection. I'm using a few older components I have salvaged, in particular a dual core pentium D 925 3.0Ghz. I want to be able to fit this as the processor in my new build, but also plan to upgrade to a quad core in the near future, and wanted some advice on choosing a board that will have a decent chipset that will allow this. My other specs for the board (ATX) are not particularly demanding, just a decent amount of ram capacity, I also only require a single PCI-e slot, not SLI/crossfire. Also ideally it would be DX10 compatible.

Any advice on a decent board that would handle both processors would be great.

Cheers.

A:Mobo advice needed

This is a good board at a good price:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128357

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-advice-needed.126377/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need to buy a new mobo pretty quickly since mine is on it s last legs Remainder of system comprises Athlon XP Barton Creative Audigy the original version nVidia GeForce MX DDR SDRAM The expiring mobo is an AS Rock K S X rev First a RAM slot fell over and now PCI slots have died Time for a newbie I think I don t have a great deal to spend since I took you guys advice and bought a thoroughly decent graphix card for my bro Question is should I go for a newer AS Rock very a advice Buying welcome! mobo.... new or try another brew entirely At some point I will be upgrading the graphix card and the sound card I will also be adding more RAM when I can afford it I don t game but I do like listening to good quality sounds Basically this mobo is not going to be stretched to the limit I am UK based So guys any suggestions as to where I might begin to look Many thanks Buying a new mobo.... advice very welcome! in advance nbsp

A:Buying a new mobo.... advice very welcome!

Get the Abit NF7-S v2.0 which has the very capable SoundStorm sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-mobo-advice-very-welcome.24734/
Relevancy 50.74%

Good Morning All Recently upgraded my upgrade? on mobo Advice RAM and tried to overclock my CPU OCing the CPU Q didn't seem to be a problem but the RAM Corsair Advice on mobo upgrade? x Advice on mobo upgrade? GB TWIN X - C DF won't run at Advice on mobo upgrade? at all on my mobo I just get BSODs I've turned the RAM down to and this gives me one BSOD and then boots and runs ok I've got the Q at I'm not happy with this so I've decided I need a mobo upgrade plus a better case I don't need that just deserve it lol My local PC guru recommends the Asus P Q Pro currently got P N-E SLI and I can afford that along with a Coolermaster Cosmos S I've looked at the P Q Deluxe and it doesn't really seem worth the half as much again I'd have to pay I'm happy with my current GPU BFG GTS OC although I might go for a top end ATI when they come down in price But basically the P Q Pro seems to have what I need and is supoosed to be a wicked overclocker Does anyone have any experience with this board I notice it only has phase power rather than Not really sure what that means but is it a problem I'd be glad of any comments advice Think I'd better buy this quick before my credit card becomes a piece of plastic lol Best wishes to all John

A:Advice on mobo upgrade?

I've got 8 gigs of the same ram running at 1066 on my P5Q Deluxe, don't see why 4 wouldn't run just fine for you on the P5Q Pro.

That's one of the reasons I got the Asus board. I'm not an Asus fanboy, but I read they will will often run all ram slots at faster than 800 where other boards don't, and so far it hasn't disappointed me.

Whatever you do however, don't install their crappy software. It doesn't like x64 much.

I like the Cosmos S, wish I'd gotten that instead of the 1000 at times, thought the 1000 is a lot quieter. I'm going to see if I can snag the mobo tray from the S and put it in my 1000, as I've stumbled into beta testing a lot of CPU coolers lately and it's a pain in the ass to take the mobo out all the time. I think the S has a cutout so you don't have to remove the mobo. Maybe I can convince them to send me one

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/184024-advice-mobo-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.74%

So I assembled my new computer and I am having some problems The drivers installation program on the CD advice Solved: MOBO had an error that caused a never-ending drivers installation so I decided to pick up the drivers from the Mobo s website Problem was I couldn t connect to the Internet So I just downloaded the drivers Solved: MOBO advice to my laptop and transferred it to my flash drive and installed from that Everything works except the my onboard lan I ve checked BIOS to Solved: MOBO advice make sure it was on After fiddling with things for a long while I gave up and stuck in my trusty PCI network card I still have no internet It ends up with quot limited or no connectivity quot So I thought maybe it was router but it was not after checking if it was blocked somehow Tried pinging the router it couldn t So whatever is preventing me from using my lan is also affecting my PCI network card Does this sound like a board defect Should I RMA the board My new motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-M SLI-S http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Solved: MOBO advice

Did you install the chipset driver before installing the other drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mobo-advice.705146/
Relevancy 50.74%

Any advice CPU, MoBo Buying re PSU & advice suggestions on the Buying advice re CPU, MoBo & PSU following would be greatfully recieved A friend of mine wishes to upgrade his AMD - Mhz circa and bring it into the st Century It has to be done on a very tight budget The PC will be used for internet access word processing photography etc Gaming is not anticipated Having read the various comparrisons between the AMD Sempron and the Athlon XP the XP seems to get very favourable reviews in terms of costs -v- performance I can get a OEM one for Pricewise this is about the same as a Sempron Is the XP the better choice As there is no gaming anticipated on board graphics seems like a good way to keep costs down with the option of installing a graphic card later I am looking around for a Socket A motherboard FSB suitable for IDE and SATA HDD with on board graphics Any suggestions greatfully received We will need to get a new PSU Current one is V I have a Jeantech V in an old PC of mine and I have not had any problems with it The V version costs in PC World Has anyone had bad experience of this make or could suggest an alternative budget PSU Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Buying advice re CPU, MoBo & PSU

Only an opinion but I'd go for the Athlon. Your friend needs to factor in some future proofing - build for next year rather than this, expecially as he doesn't upgrade too often. Budget power supplies aren't a good idea so forget the PC World cheapie. For good UK prices and recommended service, try http://www.novatech.co.uk or for a good deal on a motherboard bundle, in a smart case, try http://www.powerc.com from Bedford. For around £149, assembled, plus carriage, they'll do you an AMD 2800+ on a decent board with onboard graphics, sound and LAN with a 56K MODEM and built into a fairly smart case with decent PSU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-advice-re-cpu-mobo-psu.317011/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is my first build and I was wondering if you guys could help me out, and enlighten me with your wisdom!

The components i am looking at are as follows:

CPU: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?IL-PP73280

Mobo: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?ASU-P5P800

Ram (2x): http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?CSR-VS4051

G-card: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?ASU-107348

what do you guys think? i have a limited budget and cant really spend much more than i already have! thanks for the help !

-p7.

A:Advice needed on mobo and cpu!

I have that ram, it's pretty good stuff for the price(In US anyway). I can't really help too much on price, I have no clue if 122 punds is good for the cpu.

How good do you want your graphics. If you only do 2d stuff, then you may be overkill, if you do 3d gaming with the newest games(farcry, doom3) then it will not really suffice. A 9550 can probably run many games at low/med. detail at 1024x768 or lower screen res's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-needed-on-mobo-and-cpu.25259/
Relevancy 50.74%

I m building up a new pc gaming and wanted your opinions on some mobo cpu combos I was originally leaning towards an abit p combo http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Now I m leaning towards an AMD setup I was looking at the san diego core http www combo mobo/cpu Advice on newegg com Product Product asp item N E but the problem is im not sure which of these mobos to get http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N Advice on mobo/cpu combo E Rest of pc Western Digital Caviar GB RPM SATA Gb s NEC DVD Burner Lian Li PC- B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Case eVGA Geforce GT MB GDDR PCI Express x OCZ ModStream OCZ U Power Supply OCZ Gold Series GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC I m open to any suggestions on other mobos cpus aswell as the other pc parts I m considering This is just what I m leaning towards right now Thanks for the suggestions nbsp

A:Advice on mobo/cpu combo

If I were buying a new system, I'd hold off a few weeks to learn more about these new ATI cards first.

Anyways, about your choice of motherboards. I have the Asus board you are looking at (as well as the same CPU - 3700). It has one major flaw, the chipset fan. It'll likely die on you in the first month and start making some nasty noises. Asus will send you a replacement right away. I would actually call asus the day you get your board and have them send you the replacement if your chipset fan case is square with a round hole in the middle showing the fan. The newer ones are seated on the motherboard diagonally (45 degree angle).

Other than that the motherboard is incredible. Their tech support and user's manual alone is what made me go with asus.

As for the DFI I have heard nothing but good things about that board, except that it is finicky about what ram you put in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-mobo-cpu-combo.34755/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need a goood high preformance motherboard and a good cpu to go along. I was thinking ASUS and i am open to any cpu suggestions as well.

Thanks for the help

A:NEED A GOOD MOBO advice plz!

Budget

Well first off lets see what you have to spend and go from there.

But I can tell you right offhand that you are asking for trouble and a comparison war over AMD and Intel CPU's from the members..... "go with intel amd sucks" "AMD games better" " Intel is better than AMD for video editing"

So basically help me fill in a few of the blanks.

1.) Whats your budget ?
2.) What are you going to be using it for ? Gaming, Video Editing ?
3.) Do you need help determining other quality componants to slap into her ?
Hard drives, memory, video card ect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-good-mobo-advice-plz.27398/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all;

I'm having to replace the system boards on a few older systems that have
PATA hard drives, along with DVD+RW drives. Obviously, I need
motherboards with a pair of parallel IDE sockets. Everything that I've seen
so far has only one.

Does anyone know of any boards that are still being manufactured with
two IDE sockets?

THANKS!!!

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi to all.

Just upgraded my ram from pc 6400 4gb to pc 8500 8gb on a EVGA 122-CK-NF68-BR mobo, and with all the tinkering with the settings I cannot achieve a stable system near the intended speeds of the new ram.

Any ideas on a good mobo to run this ram ?.

My other hardware 1200w PSU
QX6800 Extreame CPU ( could be looking at uprade on CPU )
2 x 8800 Ultras
2 x HDD Raid
4 x Corsair Dominator pc 8500 ddr ram .

Cost no problem.

Thanks Adrian.

A:New mobo advice needed.

My Personal Favorite:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128343

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo-advice-needed.771740/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys I will buy i5 4670k and 2 of these followings:

Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87 Extreme4/
Asrock Z87 Killer http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Fatal1tyKiller/Fatal1ty...
MSI Z87-G45 http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z87G45_GAMING.html#overvi...

MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N760_TF_2GD5OC.html#over...
Sapphire HD7950 GDDR5 3GB 384Bit http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...
Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX760DC2OC2GD5/#ove...

Can you help me on which combination of those mobo+graphics card gives me better performance? I be happy if u help on

A:GTX 760/ HD 7950 + mobo advice

Either combination would offer pretty much the same performance.
Of the motherboards, I'd go with an AsRock over the MSI. My personal experience with MSI boards is rather mixed to say the least. Of the two AsRock boards, they are similarly appointed, and should be similarly priced.
If you're looking at the overclocking ability, that is more down to the silicon lottery that is CPU fabrication rather than board ability. Both AsRock boards should feature the same OC headroom.

As for the graphics cards, assuming price isn't the main consideration and cryptocurrency minng hasn't sent AMD cards higher than they should be, both the GTX 760 and HD 7950 are well matched and capable cards. How they fare will depend upon which games you plan playing.

If it comes down to a reference HD 7950 and a vendor overclocked GTX 760, I'd go with the latter, and the MSI Gaming version over the Asus DC2. The MSI card will be quieter and likely have more overclock headroom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-760-hd-7950-mobo-advice.200843/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I just got my new MOBO up and running and was hoping someone with experience with Gigabyte boards could give advice Gigabye MOBO a bit of advice I picked up the Gigabyte UP -UD L as a replacement P ICH and I like it but also somewhat disappointed with it For example with my old DFI board to do a FSB OC was quite simple and effective with only changes FSB DRAM FSB Adv Memory settings More Aggresive This left all voltages at stock with a Ghz OC and RAM at giving Mb S and stable This board involes a few more settings many of which are foriegn to me but figuring it out and with basically the same settings it can only do Mb S on the RAM Im obviously missing a setting somewhere Any ideas The second Gigabye MOBO advice point I would like to ask about is about CPU voltage When its at all stock it lowers the multi and CPU voltage Gigabye MOBO advice When Gigabye MOBO advice OCd it will only lower the CPU multi CPU Vcore stays the same regardless of C E amp EIST being enabled it shows this same behavior with auto vcore or manually set its set manual atm because the board want to set Vcore at for FSB for some reason when its fine at Is this normal for Gigabyte boards or do I need to change something else My old DFI still throttled it all even OC'd with no settings required beyond making sure they were enabled at least until it it started to die On the bright side my SSD scores jumped by points and thats using MS drivers overall the board isnt bad especially considering it was a USD board So far seems to perform quite well I think I just need to get used to the bios as they are quite different

A:Gigabye MOBO advice

Hello Wishmaster, I haven't answered as I have an Asus board, but you'd probably get the answers you see if you posted in the Overclock and Case Mod forum. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/95111-gigabye-mobo-advice.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I believe I have to buy a new mobo and cpu and I have 2 questions.

1. I now have an XP 2100+. The technology changed after the 2100 and I believe, was much improved with the 2400+. I am NOT a gamer or overclocker. Is the 2200 worth the extra $40 or $50 over the 2100? The 2400 is much more money (maybe too much). Same question for that one.

2. Whether I get the 2000, 2100, 2200 or 2400, which mobo would you recommend? I've already destroyed a couple of ABITs. I'd like something idiot-proof that will be able to use my PC 3200 RAM.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I m looking at building my own PC a relatively advice and Building Mobo CPU - powerful one - not extreme gaming but just powerful enough for advanced graphics processing etc and have some simple questions basically just want your advice thoughts These might sound silly basic questions but I do have a good computer knowledge promise but I just want to make sure i m on the right page with the latest new tech What should I look out for in a mobo Prices seem to range from to Obviously some have more slots etc etc but apart Building - CPU and Mobo advice from that what else is important What should I look for in a CPU - is it as simple as more cores better and higher speed better I m definately in the Dual market possibly Quad - is it worth this step for the money Again prices seem to vary hugely - I m looking at a AMD Phenom Quad GHz for almost half price of an Intel Core Quad Ghz Seems a huge difference AMD or Intel Hmz there s no doubt a million other things I could ask so any advice in any general direction is most appreciated Cheers in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

My system upon Start up burnt out.
we had no Spikes or power outages in my area during the day. i did not have a PSU installed and this may have led to the problem. when i started my computer the mother board simply burnt out. when i connected the power supply the blue LED came on to tell me that the board was getting power and when i pressed the power button the LED's in my fans flashed and stoped. Then i knowticed an orange LED turned on after the power up failed. Also i smelled burning like electrical burning..... anyone gots any ideas before i submit my RMA.

^ i gots a EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI 775 TR Version
122-CK-NF63-TR

A:I think my mobo burnt out...Advice?

DCBNSB said:

My system upon Start up burnt out.
we had no Spikes or power outages in my area during the day. i did not have a PSU installed and this may have led to the problem. when i started my computer the mother board simply burnt out. when i connected the power supply the blue LED came on to tell me that the board was getting power and when i pressed the power button the LED's in my fans flashed and stoped. Then i knowticed an orange LED turned on after the power up failed. Also i smelled burning like electrical burning..... anyone gots any ideas before i submit my RMA.

^ i gots a EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI 775 TR Version
122-CK-NF63-TRClick to expand...

Try a new PSU I think that maybe your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-my-mobo-burnt-out-advice.97972/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've got an Abit Mobo and I want to upgrade to the latest firmware. They suggest booting to DOS to do this. I am running Win2k and I see no way of booting to DOS. There is no "System Disk" option when I format a floppy. What do I do??

A:Mobo firmware upgrade advice.

Normally I would say use a system disk from a win98 computer but the faq suggest's using a Dr Dos 7x boot disk
http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kg7kr7/bios.htm#How do I flash the BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-firmware-upgrade-advice.57364/
Relevancy 49.88%

"I guess I'm just looking for expert advice on the best I can do.."

I'm going to have 400$ to spend after holidays, and decided I mine as well upgrade as I've been wanting to do for awhile now. All I'm going to need is a case (ATX I assume), motherboard and processor.

Currently have:
Antec 480-W 12V PSU
WD Caviar 300GB HD
Radeon 9800 PRO 128 MB (Does fine for now, thank you
DVD-RW Drive
M-Audio 9268 Sound Card

Currently need:
Case
Mobo
Processor

So - I'm thinking of a mobo with AGP and PCI-E, which I did find the ASROCK for 70$, which features that, 1000mhz FB, and up to 4Gig of 3200 Ram. I'm liking that. Also leaning towards AMD 3500, found that for about 200$.

I guess I'm just looking for expert advice on the best I can do, any help is truely appreciated.

Thanks
David

A:ADVICE: 400$ Budget for Mobo, CPU and Case

The aspire X-Navigator is a really good case. There are two versions, an aluminum one, and a steel one. Steel is $99 and Aluminum is $150. The Steel one is better. It doesn't have a good psu though you said you didn't need one. The athlon 64 3700 is a really good cpu. And the Asus A8N-SLI is the best motherboard out there. Here are links to all items.

Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144167

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103539

Mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131524

Total, these will cost $450, but you will have a really upgradable path. The CPU has more built on Ram then the 3500. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-400-budget-for-mobo-cpu-and-case.39428/
Relevancy 49.88%

i bought an intel pentium D 805 LGA775 Dual Core but now i need a new Mobo i was looking at toms hardware and they gave advice for sevral chipsets, i checked New Egg and all of them were out of my price range, exept the same chipsets only refubished.. has anyone had any experiance with these refurbished parts im a bit worried because this is my first build and they dont include anything but the board. does any one know any other boards that are compatible with this processer and support some OCing. im on a pretty tight budget($130 for a mobo)

A:bought a proccesser need some mobo advice

When investing that kind of $$ on new equipment & on limited $$, I really don't recommend OC'ing.
Have a look here TechSpot price watch it's already sorted. There's some good prices.
G'Luck

edit: I've got my eye on this one. Asus P5LD2-VM Motherboard
Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU
This motherboard supports the latest Pentium 4 CPU from Intel in LGA775 package. With 1066 MHz FSB, Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel EM64T, Intel EIST, Intel's LGA775 Pentium 4 is one of the fastest desktop processors to date.

Dual-Core CPU Support
Enjoy the extraordinary CPU power from the latest dual-core CPU. The advanced processing technology contains two physical CPU cores with individually dedicated L2 Caches to satisfy the rising demand for more powerful processing capability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-a-proccesser-need-some-mobo-advice.50016/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Well its time throw my wallet into the air and build a new gaming rig Im after any advice on which Motherboard to buy - ive been for on with new Gaming Mobo please DDR2 Rig Advice reading many reviews surfing the net researching etc and frankly my brains starting to fry with the overload Basically ive decided so far - Intel is the way to go Ive bagged myself Gb of brand new DDR mhz Corsair Dominator off my Advice please on new Mobo with DDR2 for Gaming Rig brother for bargain so its got to work with DDR mhz memory Budget isnt too much of an issue - say about - Im not much into overclocking and probably will only slightly tweak it after a year or so of use Id like it to be as future-proof as possible Normal Advice please on new Mobo with DDR2 for Gaming Rig use will be gaming surfing etc Ive normally used and been happy with Gigabyte and Asus boards in the past and have been looking at their offerings and been looking at their P amp X boards I was leaning towards the Asus Maximus Formula Board but somewhere i read that i would have to overclock it from mhz to mhz so it would work with my memory Is that right Any advice thoughts on any other Motherboards i should consider would be welcome Thanks nbsp

A:Advice please on new Mobo with DDR2 for Gaming Rig

I think the nVidia Mainboards are great!

nForce 680i

nForce 780i

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-please-on-new-mobo-with-ddr2-for-gaming-rig.97014/
Relevancy 49.88%

I wondered if anyone could advise if H61 Chipset board (cheap £40 boards) is good enough too run the Ivy-Bridge Core-i5..? im sure it can as the boards advertised as 22nm Core-i chips - I just wanted to make sure thats all

Iam wanting a mATX board with SATA3 and 1600Mhz RAM Compat.

thanks

A:Advice on Mobo for Core-i5-3470

DDR3-1600? I'd suggest saving and getting a Gigabyte board. They're good, reliable, and rather well built. I have a few here that are slightly overclocked (Phenom II X3 720 BE @ 3.2GHz, Intel Pentium E5200 @ 3.75GHz) and have been for over a year without issues.

Looks like you want their GA-H61M series.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-on-mobo-for-core-i5-3470.1088602/
Relevancy 49.88%

this is a rack mount server board...
what does that mean? is it worth $25?

Relevancy 49.88%

Birthday coming up soon And I want to upgrade the mobo on my machine My current system PSU Thermaltake TR RX W Mobo INTEL D GZIS Processor Intel R Core TM my Help/Advice! - Want Mobo Solved: to upgrade Need CPU GHz Memory RAM GB DDR Mhz Graphics Gainward Solved: Want to upgrade my Mobo - Need Help/Advice! NVIDIA GeForce GTX Primary hard disk Western Digital Caviar Black TB Windows Ultimate RC Bit I have Solved: Want to upgrade my Mobo - Need Help/Advice! always been curious of the Nvidia Mobos and i have been looking in that direction for quiet a while Currently i have my eyes set on EVGA nForce i Ultra SLI Motherboard Im sort of a newbie when it comes to motherboards how good do you find this motherboard is It does support my Cpu although my ram are DDR and the mobo supports DDR that means i have to get new ram right Also I plan to upgrade my CPU later on just not right now does this make it a good Mobo pick In addition ive read nvidia gpu s run better on nvidia mobo is that true If so doesnt this Mobo have a little advantage over others since i own an Nvidia Gpu Im also very unlucky with hardware purchases i know they are updated very frequently believe it or not when i bought my GPU the newer version quot GX quot was released the same week So should i wait abit longer for newer generations to be released cause this mobo is abit old i believe or should i just go ahead and get this one Thanks in Advance Mark nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I recently fried my P P X motherboard along with the P GHZ northwood processor I had cheap thermal goop Anyway I d like to replace my system with essentially the same processor but obviously need a new motherboard since they don t make P Mobo ASUS advice buying P ASUS Mobo buying advice X I don t need RAID set up I have ASUS Mobo buying advice a ASUS Mobo buying advice Thermaltake W power supply and a Sapphire ATI Radeon Pro MB video card I dont have any fancy audio cards so I m looking for a decent on board audio although it doesn t need to be anything earth shattering I d like to buy ASUS again since it was a good mobo and gave me very few if any problems I ve checked out the P P SE and hte P P -E Deluxe but I want to hear some feedback from other users as to their experiences or if there are any other companies out there that you ve had good luck with and like thanks nbsp

A:ASUS Mobo buying advice

Good motherboard as following...
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe, P4P800 Deluxe, or P4P800 SE.
MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum Edition, 865PEM3-ILS or 865PE Neo2-V

The best bet for you to find motherboard is VIA PT800/PT880 or Intel 865PE chipset for mainstreaming and gaming.

MSI Link is for socket 478= http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_list.php?kind=1&CHIP=1&NAME=Socket

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-buying-advice.20786/
Relevancy 49.88%

i took my old motherboard out and put in a new one...ive installed everything else....chip,fan,ide1 and 2 power supply...but the problem im facing is on my new mobo the pin connections are different,i try to connect my led on/off..its just a diff pin connection on my mobo.my new mobo is a gigabyte rz series 85661fxmp-rz (sis 661fx chipset)on the mobo the pins are 2x10 pins connecter,were can i get these because i cant turn my pc on/off.im using my old leads that were on my mobo..but some dont connect the pins are different...even the usb 1 usb 2 ,spdif_10 are different,can anyone advice me were to get these plzzzz...thanks Email:[email protected]

A:in need 4 sum advice plzzz..need power on my mobo

It would help no end if you could write intelligible English.

You don't say what your old motherboard is.

The new motherboard probably has a new 24-pin power connector instead of the old 20-pin connector.

The new board is: "8S661FXMP-RZ is a highly value-oriented P4 platform with excellent performance and impressive features. Empowered by the latest SiS 661FX/964 chipsets, and Gigabyte's R&D..."

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Productinformation/Gigabyte_8S661FXMP_RZ__6201679

I would just buy a new case, because it looks as if the power supply unit can't be used with the new board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-need-4-sum-advice-plzzz-need-power-on-my-mobo.35305/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all I have a budget of ok the extra I guess doesn t matter anyway I already have an Audigy ZS Wanted Budget: Advice $641/£350 Mobo/Ram/HD/CPU Platinum Pro and a Radeon Pro CDRW and DVDRW Case etc but I m looking to upgrade my motherboard RAM Hard Drive and Procesor I m currently at cheap ddr memory p ghz and a rpm gig HD but I will discard these so does anyone have any recommendations on this budget for hardware to buy I could stretch the budget to $641/£350 Budget: Mobo/Ram/HD/CPU Advice Wanted a new case if anyone has any particular OC advice also I m interested in venturing into Ahtlon territory and S-ATA but only if the benefit would be apparent enough I play games into sequencing and music creation as a hobby so its not paramount listen to music and do the general PC useage I guess the main area to focus on would be games peformance thanks very much for reading any and all advice from the hardware Guru s is muchly $641/£350 Budget: Mobo/Ram/HD/CPU Advice Wanted appreciated grinthumb nbsp

A:$641/£350 Budget: Mobo/Ram/HD/CPU Advice Wanted

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor - Retail ( fan included ) - $223
MSI nForce3 250 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Athlon 64 Socket 754 CPU, Model "K8N Neo Platinum" (MS-7030) -RETAIL - $145
Kingston HyperX 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 - $140
Seagate 120GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model ST3120026AS, OEM - $97

Total -> $605

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/641-%C2%A3350-budget-mobo-ram-hd-cpu-advice-wanted.13651/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey peoples!

I have recently discovered that there might be a fault with my mobo and so will send it back to it's manufacturer. I was however considering buying a new mobo anyway as this does not meet all of my needs.

Specifications for my new mobo should include:
Able to handle my i5-2400 sandybridge CPU and be able to handle an upgrade up to an i5-3570k Ivybridge CPU.
4 RAM slots (DDR3)
2 GPU slots supporting 2-way SLI

I am on a budget so any good suggestions?

I also have 1 x (996768 - 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 9-9-9-24 Silverline (Dual Kit)) and 2 x (XMS3). Would it be viable to use these with the mushkin in slots 1&3 and the corsair in slots 2&4 as they are the same voltage and timings?

Thanks

Wowdude

A:Advice needed for new Mobo purchase

Most likely you can mix the Mushkin and Corsair, but you'd have to actually try it to confirm.

Regarding the motherboard, I'd just go to major suppliers and look for a mid-range board socket 1155 board from Asus, Gigabyte, or Asrock. Add Intel to the list if you aren't likely to overclock. Look for the features you must have.

You need to just take a shot and have a bit of luck to avoid DOA and RMA. All of the brands have a certain failure rate and you can't do much about it. I'm using a Gigabyte on an i5-2500, but you can have good luck with the others.

In the USA, a mid-range board is in the $140 to $200 category. Don't know about the UK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253562-advice-needed-new-mobo-purchase.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I bought a replacement mobo for my Dell 2400. I can do the mechanical part of installation OK but I'm concerned about the BIOS. Do I have to write down all of my current BIOS settings before I repalace the mobo? Any other things I need to do before I remove the old mobo?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m a tech in a school and I ve What welcome Server now.-All advice dead. mobo got a problem outside my experience My server motherboard has died Its around four years old The server will turn on but not post I ve tried disconecting all the devices but it just sits there The dvd drive opens the lights are on the dual power supply lights are both on The cpu fans are on the mobo light is on But there is no post At all Nothing I work in a school and get limited support from the next level There is no backup server and tomorrow is going to be ugly Its my problem I have several Server mobo dead. What now.-All advice welcome fellow techs I ll call on but I d like to start getting my head around a path as soon as possible Its sunday here I assume I have to get a new server motherboard and install it One friend has said quot do that and there is a fair chance the server will just bootup quot Its what I d do for a PC so I m hoping it will be the same The current motherboard is a Asus NCCP-DL rev http www asus com products aspx modelmenu amp model amp l amp l amp l Any advice for a direction welcome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-mobo-dead-what-now-all-advice-welcome.805246/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok ok hey all, right now i have an AMD xp(tm) Athelon 2200+ and a DFI something or other MOBo with Via chipsets and blah blah ablh....Baically, heres the point....Im upgrading to An AMD xp 3000 Barton CPU, and i wanna get a Nforce3 chipset MOBO, but im browsing newegg, and i see AMD64 Athelon supportive....and so on, i wanna know how can i identify the proper MOBo for my new processor....basically one that will support the processor...thnaks for the help....ohhh and one more thing...Right now ive got 512 RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 xt, and with the 3000 barton, would i be able to run Hl2 Smoothley? oh and BTW, im going up to a gig ram before i get hl2...so ya nay?
Thanks....

Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Current system is a Pent. 2 350...I now have a better Mobo(Abit BF6) and CPU(P3 500) already with it's own case and tested.

I have 2 years+ worth of stuff on the HDD, that I do not wish to re-install and/or download.

What steps should I do 1st? Should I just put my HDD(Seagate 30G), and (AGP)GeForce 2 video card in 1st, let Wiondows(98) "find them" and go from there, or what?

Someone "told me" that I could just take every peripheral and connect them to the new(er) mobo and Windows would "find the new(er) mobo" and "take care of the rest".

What are my best choices...without reformatting?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all
I need to pick some brains with regards to me finally upgrading my P3 600 to something more this millenium.

I use my machine primarily for video editing, but with this upgrade am wanting to mainly use it for 3d (3ds max and maya).

After reading god-knows how many threads I've decided to go for a geForce 4200 / 128 MB (x8 AGP) card and an Athlon XP 2200 or 2400 (1.8ghz or 2.0 ghz - I think the bus speed is 266 or 333).

I need to know what motherboard to mount all this on that will have it all running smoothly together. Apparently the nForce Mobo is a good one (??) - but seeing as I've blown all my budget on the card / cpu I need a cheap option. Can you buy these items from places like Dabs or Scan already built onto the mobo?

Any advice / feedback would be greatly appreciated!

A:Advice needed on CPU / gfx card / Mobo combination...

options

if you want to stay cheap...........stay behind the curve with current amd processing (the better number crunching processor) and some nforce board with a 128 meg card ddr.....but, we are soon going to see the HAMMER...........this architecture may well leave everything else in the dust and fast.......if it is all they say it is.......the videocards are going to race to support it............doom 3 @ movin' FPS...........so, it's your call.....have fun

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-needed-on-cpu-gfx-card-mobo-combination.5240/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys - new to the boards but hope you can help I currently am running a Gigabyte motherboard and a AMD PII X CPU Based on gaming performance I'm looking to make the switch to Intel I guess that gamble of waiting for bull piledriver to blow me away didn't pay off Anyways I've got several questions Is it possible for me to do a repair - Advice 7 New Mobo/CPU Needed Windows Installing install vs doing a full re-install The reason that I ask is that I have a boatload of programs music and files scattered across HDD and SDD that would be a Installing New Mobo/CPU - Windows 7 Advice Needed real pain to reinstall If it's not possible so be it as this upgrade is happening but I would definitely like to avoid that If a complete reinstall is possible how can I save some folders and files My main drive is a rpm HDD with OS on it My storage drive has videos from gaming my wife's back up information and various other things SSD is full of games If I have to reinstall can I just not connect the SSD and Storage drive and connect them later without losing my stuff Installing New Mobo/CPU - Windows 7 Advice Needed My windows version is the OEM system builder pack I've read all over the place that it's license is tied to the motherboard I chatted with MS support and they said that it should be no problem to reinstall with my new motherboard and CPU but do any of you have any experience with this going well or not I'm actually quite nervous about it even though I have hear straight from the horses mouth that it won't be a problem I'll probably have more questions after I start getting responses but I appreciate the time guys I'm getting better with all this PC stuff but still learning For those of you wondering what I'm upgrading to it will be the i k and the AsRock Extreme z board Thanks again STLYoungblood

A:Installing New Mobo/CPU - Windows 7 Advice Needed

Quote: Originally Posted by STLYoungblood

Hey guys - new to the boards but hope you can help!

I currently am running a Gigabyte motherboard and a AMD PII X4 970 CPU. Based on gaming performance, I'm looking to make the switch to Intel (I guess that gamble of waiting for bull/piledriver to blow me away didn't pay off )

Anyways, I've got several questions:

1) Is it possible for me to do a repair install vs. doing a full re-install? The reason that I ask is that I have a boatload of programs, music, and files scattered across 2 HDD and 1 SDD that would be a real pain to reinstall. If it's not possible, so be it, as this upgrade is happening, but I would definitely like to avoid that!

2) If a complete reinstall is possible, how can I save some folders and files? My main drive is a 7200rpm HDD with OS on it. My storage drive has videos from gaming, my wife's back up information, and various other things. SSD is full of games. If I have to reinstall, can I just not connect the SSD and Storage drive and connect them later without losing my stuff?

3) My windows version is the OEM system builder pack. I've read all over the place that it's license is tied to the motherboard. I chatted with MS support, and they said that it should be no problem to reinstall with my new motherboard and CPU, but do any of you have any experience with this going well or not? I'm actually quite nervous about it even though I have hear straight from the horses mouth that it won't be a problem!

I'll probably have more questions after I start getting responses, but I appreciate the time guys. I'm getting better with all this PC stuff, but still learning. For those of you wondering what I'm upgrading to, it will be the i5 3570k and the AsRock Extreme4 z77 board.

Thanks again,
STLYoungblood

I will start by stating I have never had occasion to replace a motherboard, but I did work in computer "Disaster/Recovery" for a while with Zenith Infotech. I interfaced with VAR's, most of the time, who were considered knowledgeable about component replacement and data recovery. One of the things we offered was "bare metal" replacement with our service. Simple translation, you could restore an image to different hardware, generally without issue. So, my suggestion would be to use TerabyteUnlimited's BootIt Bare Metal software program. I believe you can download a fully functional trial version, don't know for sure, but that's where I would/will go if the situation ever occurs to replace major component parts.

You can check their site and the software at;

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootit-bare-metal.htm

HTH

PS: I know there are other methods out there, but, as I stated, this is what I would use. One thing I cannot state is what will happen with your OEM copy of the program. When I was working with Zenith, we always made sure the OS was a fully licensed copy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264176-installing-new-mobo-cpu-windows-7-advice-needed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all I am not very bright when it comes to hardware issues I understand enough to build a computer but not enough too know updating chipset drivers. advice I my mobo on need what is happening when it acts up I need advice on updating my mobo chipset drivers. I d like to update my mobo chipset drivers But I am unsure of which file at the website to download I ll I need advice on updating my mobo chipset drivers. post my specs in a moment My main issue is that my Games I need advice on updating my mobo chipset drivers. keep freezing causing my whole system to freeze and it requires me to reboot the whole computer which is not good because its happening so frequently I am thinking it might be somthing to do with my GFX Card getting old or not heated enough but it might be my CPU too I am sure both are getting enough power from my ANTEC watt PSU Its very frustrating as you could well imagine Any help on either issue would be most appreciated Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon X MHz x Motherboard Name Asus A N-SLI PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce SLI AMD Hammer System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT GTO MB Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Q U Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB X-Fi NoDB nbsp

A:I need advice on updating my mobo chipset drivers.

find the exact model board you have on the motherboard maker's site. Download ONLY those drivers. Often, if you do a manual windows update and select hardware updates, it MAY update those drivers. But to be sure, go to the Asus website.

ASUS is known to be very picky about ram. Ensure you are using only recommended brands/types. to test bad ram, run memtest 86+ from a floppy or cd for 7 passes or more.

Your psu should be sufficient for power. To be sure, test it with a multimeter and PSU tester.

Heating can cause all kinds of errors. Ensure your system is adequately cooled.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

CONGRATS. You are Tedster's 6500th post!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-advice-on-updating-my-mobo-chipset-drivers.84753/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, folks.

Can anyone recommend a forum that I can go to for advice about custom built PCs?

I am looking to build (or have built for me) a new desktop for work. I mostly use Adobe Creative Suite for...
print designweb site content creationvideo editingetc
I'm not a gamer, but I still have a copy of Flight Simulator X & rFactor 2 that I might install again.

My ideal system will be something like this:
2 or 3 monitors (very high resolution)2 NVIDIA GPUsa lot of RAMa SSD to boot off ofat least 1 TB of onboard storage space (I'm backing up to WD Passports)USB 3

Thank you!

A:Good place to get advice on mobo, case, etc.?

Our sister/brother site PC Help Forum has a lot of knowledgeable people and some of them/us are here too.
Some advice for a start, Since you already set what you need computer for, set the budget too, at least within some boundaries and be prepared to hear a lot of Intel vs. AMD and Nvidia vs. AMD arguments.
I do some graphics and video editing so here some of my experience:
CPU, more cores vs. CPU "power". Like, AMD FX8350 vs, Intel I7
As much and as fast RAM you can cram in the MB.
Speaking of MB, a quality MB with good cooling and power section durability.
Don't really need two video cards if you are not heavy gamer. one good one should suffice in your case. There are also some (expensive) video cards dedicated to graphic/ video work.
Do not skimp on a power supply, it will be called to do a lot of work. A good make would be preferable to a lot of declared Watts.
A large, properly ventilated case is preferably to fancy ones.
Consider a good CPU cooler, preferably water cooling, CPU coolers supplied with processor are barely adequate for ordinary work let alone for heavy use hour after hour you will probably do in the warm climate.
SSD, as large as you can/want to get, larger, 500GB or more are faster and more reliable than smaller ones. Video and to some extent graphic programs do a lot of work with disks even with large amount of RAM so it can speed up operations considerably.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/48964-good-place-get-advice-mobo-case-etc.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all I need some advice with a new build I have to buy a new PC because my old one died in February I mainly need advice for the motherboard and the processor for the new build My work on PC involves surfing the internet for Advice and processor new mobo build with Intel ATX watching movies listening music Also occasionally I would convert videos from one format Advice for new build with Intel ATX mobo and processor to another or for iPod or my Android phone So would prefer a build which would be able to do that nice Advice for new build with Intel ATX mobo and processor and fast Also I am a software programmer and just learned NET so I would also run Visual Studio and other such programming tools So please suggest something which will suit my needs well and will be of a reasonable price which I can afford I look for a build which will be for a long run and I won t have to upgrade it for some years It should be reliable with a good performance Also my PC remains on throughout most of the day shutting down only at night Thought I would mention it in case it matters I did some searching by myself and rounded my results to three ATX motherboards from Intel I like ATX mobos because more devices can be connected to them I like to be able to connect a number of hard drives for example Also ATX mobos offer more expandability therefore too I want to go for ATX motherboards So these are the Intel ATX motherboards that I have rounded off ATX being the preference I have not chosen motherboards which were marked as EOS or EOIS Intel Desktop Board DZ BC http www intel com content www us en motherboards desktop-motherboards desktop-board-dz bc html Intel Desktop Board DZ DB http www intel com content www us en motherboards desktop-motherboards desktop-board-dz db html Intel Desktop Board DH CL http www intel com content www us en motherboards desktop-motherboards desktop-board-dh cl html DH CL seems to be on the low end side and is coming quite cheap too So will it be OK for my needs or should I go for any of the other two boards If there are any other ATX Intel motherboards that will suit my needs please tell For the processor I wanted to go for i but it s quite costly I think i will be quite good for my needs Can i be considered for my needs If yes then it would be great as it would really help me with the price But as I said earlier I want a PC for which I would not need to upgrade for some years and will also be reliable and give me good performance For that I am willing to go for higher price parts But if what I want can be got for a lower price I would be very happy So if i would be sufficient then please tell so If not then please suggest a suitable i processor which would be great for my needs and will be compatible with the above boards I am not a gamer so I don t think I have a need for a graphics card so a processor with in-built graphics would be great I think I might have narrowed down motherboards keeping that point in mind too I hope I do not need an extra graphics card do I In my previous build I didn t had an external graphics card and I never felt the need for one except when maybe watching movies of high end graphics nowadays But I think with the newest motherboards and processors I still won t need one i - K seems good but it s price is a bit high If some other i processor can meet my needs quite good otherwise if i - K would be the best bet then I am willing to go for that too For RAM Corsair GB DDR would be good For HDD I might go for Western Digital GB Caviar Blue maybe I haven t had good experience with Seagate lately so I wanna avoid it But if the recent Seagate drives are reliable please suggest me a good one As for the power supply how much watt would be sufficient I might go for a CoolerMaster or Corsair Also I wanted to ask about router too Can I ask here I might not buy it with the PC in case I do not have the budget for it but if I can get advice on that too would be good Just want to connect my PC and my A... Read more

A:Advice for new build with Intel ATX mobo and processor

Can I get any help with my query please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-for-new-build-with-intel-atx-mobo-and-processor.1047086/
Relevancy 49.45%

This system will actually be for my mother who has an eBay store which means loading pictures etc She also does web surfing plus Windows Office applications but as the tile says there certainly Advice Need Non-Gaming Non-OCing, for System Mobo won t be any gaming or overclocking involved I have been looking into AM boards simply because you can decent AM dual core chips at reasonable cost I must admit I am less than impressed with the AM offerings but I am sure someone here can enlighten me otherwise I am not adverse to Intel either but I haven t kept with Need Mobo Advice for Non-OCing, Non-Gaming System either the boards or chips until just recently thus I certainly could use direction So there Need Mobo Advice for Non-OCing, Non-Gaming System is no need for the cutting edge just something good and solid for the years to come Thanks and if you want to give your cpus suggestions as well I would cerataqinly appreciate it Oh yes I am trying to keep this system between - which is not including the OS she already has monitor keyboard and mouse nbsp

A:Need Mobo Advice for Non-OCing, Non-Gaming System

Intel, FoxConn, Gigabyte, Abit, and some ASUS

If you are not looking for a gaming board, there is no reason not to included AMD, which are as reliable as any, and much lower in price.

Look at the board reviews at www.tomshardware.com and www.anandtech.com

Shop for combo deals of motherboard and processor from www.newegg.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.directron.com and other such sites. You can save a great deal, if you know your boards from reading reviews... but if you have never built one before, a plain stock board of a good name such as the above are more important. Some of the Combos are returns that are other people's mistakes.

Don't forget that a decent power supply and CPU fan/heatsink, as well as first tier memory are just as important... and a Seagate or Western Digital hard drive.

Be sure the board and the hard drive are both SATA or both PATA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-mobo-advice-for-non-ocing-non-gaming-system.98379/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi i m not sure if this is the right forum to post in if not please excuse me i m looking to get a decent p mobo combo with a good deal need decent advice p4/mobo buying on a comobo via rebates etc the trouble is i am not sure what brand to get and if i get the need advice on buying a decent p4/mobo comobo rigth brand it s way too expensive t aht s why i m looking for current rebates on quality stuff currently the highest p system i have is CPU Type Intel Pentium A MHz x Motherboard Name ECS L VXA PCI AGP CNR DIMM Audio Motherboard Chipset VIA VT Apollo P X System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award ------------- i saw a p bare cpu mobo combo for like at a local store but i can t tell what brand it is i m not a gamer i use it for web surfing light video editing watching movies on my lcd database excel etc i already have an extra video card so i dont need to have one that has video onboard not sure if that s even an option i dont think i need raid b c i m not confident enough to try it but sata capability would be nice to have yes i appreciate any advice u can give me thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I'm looking for a good quality motherboard for my Intel Celeron 2.50GHz CPU. It is the i845GV Chipset. The problem is, is that it HAS to have an AGP slot. I can only find one with an AGPro slot, but the brand is PCCHIPS and it's $37.

Here is the description so you can copy&paste it in NewEgg. (Cant link)
PCCHIPS "M-909G" i845GV Chipset Motherboard For Intel Socket 478 CPU

Is PCCHIPS a good brand? This board has everything i'm looking for, but im weary of the brand.

Any suggestions would be great.

A:Having trouble find mobo for i845GV Chipset. Can anyone give me advice?

go with a name brand, such as intel. $37 sounds suspiciously low (usd, right?). intel discontinued thier 845 line of boards, go 848 or higher. a great board is the intel d865perl, loaded w/features.

The problem is, is that it HAS to have an AGP slot.Click to expand...

is your system oem? finding an agp board should be no problem, excepting oem, barebones, and various micro ATX models.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-find-mobo-for-i845gv-chipset-can-anyone-give-me-advice.21650/
Relevancy 48.59%

I had to reformat my friends PC's for him and I can't find drivers for the Ethernet controller or any of the other one's that don't come with XP install.
I need advice on were to find them I do have the resource Cd's from dell but the drives on them don't seem to work right.

A:Need driver advice for a dell 8300. and a MOBO asus p4p800

Have you gone to Dells site and downloaded the drivers from there? http://dell.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-driver-advice-for-a-dell-8300-and-a-mobo-asus-p4p800.876091/
Relevancy 48.59%

I want to upgrade my motherboard to a 4 slot PCIE one and get two HD7950's or HD7970's. I already have two HD6770's crossifred. I want to know if I could run a pair of 7950's or 7970's crossfired as my main GPUs and use my old 6770's as extra GPUs (For dedicated bitcoin mining). When I'm not using the PC I want to run the 7950's or 7970's (not in crossfire mode) along with the two 6770's for bitcoin mining and maximize my hash rate outputs for bigger profits. Is this possible? Having two sets of different cards and having them detected properly.

A:Upgrading GPUs & MOBO, need advice on 4 slot PCIE setup

Not seeing much in choices, this is highest cost AMD AM3+ board with 4 PCIe, but they are 2 16x, 2 8x, no idea on effectiveness of those, never have even crossfired or SLI'd 2 let alone 4.

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI&#47;CrossFireX Support and UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/296939-upgrading-gpus-mobo-need-advice-4-slot-pcie-setup.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 38.7%

Putting together a build for a friend however I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was fans off Build, no New mobo, beeps fan psu cpu not Mobo light, case powers green damaged upon my taking part New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps in the build I assembled the parts a w thermaltake psu an asus mobo e intel processor western digital hard drive New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps gigs of GSkill ati hd gpu and an LG dvd drive Posted gave an error message about cpu fan error I google it it seemed to be relatively harmless While in the bios the computer s signal disappeared I attempted a reboot to no avail No error codes cpu fan stopped spinning Removed memory no error code removed no error code case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on motherboard shows green light no signal detected I tested the processor in another rig and it worked fine and the cpu fan spun fine Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post and no error codes Is my motherboard dead Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps

check and recheck the connections on the board, if unsuccessful, make sure you haven t short-circuited the mobo, ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-mobo-green-light-psu-powers-case-fans-off-mobo-not-cpu-fan-no-beeps.132515/
Relevancy 38.7%

This problem has the configuration listed in my system specs below which have just changed recently My OCZ Vertex died RMA'ed but sold and replaced with the Transcend SSD quot SATAIII GB Also sold my GPU Now trying to get everything back on track I reinstalled my OS on the SSD but I can't for the life of me get the HDMI working When reinstalling I knew it was normal onboard mobo Mobo HD - HDMI? ATI detecting not Radeon ASUS 4250 for only my Dell CRT to show up via its VGA connection but then the main ViewSonic HD monitor never came on I finally realized it wasn't responding to anything The ViewSonic HD monitor is the only thing plugged in right now on both VGA amp HDMI but Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo will only work on the VGA It had been working fine before the OCZ SSD died No VGA problems The onboard ATI Radeon Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo HD is fully updated and all the drivers are installed and updated to the best of my knowledge There is an update for the BIOS on the ASUS website that I had never installed ever but the only change from before was the SSD so that should not matter I've even made sure I installed the specific driver for the monitor from the disc it came with I tried playing around in BIOS and for once no matter what graphics device order I set i e IGPX-PCI-GPX-etc it always reverted to the mobo's VGA And obviously Device Manager is showing no yellow question marks and is generally no help right now Again there is NO longer a standalone GPU video card in this system just the ASUS M A TD-V EVO USB 's onboard internal graphics ATI Radeon HD Is there something I'm missing Anything I could possibly try Any ideas FYI I knew my OS image was horribly out of date so I didn't bother trying to reinstall that Also since the GB size of the SSD is smaller now wouldn't it not work anyway Well that's moot

A:Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo

It's plausible that your HDMI port on your MOBO is dead. Is it possible to obtain a GPU and try it's HDMI port?
It could be your monitor as well, do you have access to anything else supporting HDMI and see if your monitor connects?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252936-mobo-not-detecting-hdmi-ati-radeon-hd-4250-onboard-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Does ATI cards conflict with this mobo?
ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard
I heard there would be 'cause the mobo is a VIA. Is that true?
Should the mobo conflict with any of these below and forgive me for the video in a CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos board,
SAPPHIRE Radeon 9550 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card and or
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X

A:ASUS mobo in conflict with ATI cards? (reaschering the mobo)

Have you asked ati yet? Read what the mobo manufacturer has to say about it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-in-conflict-with-ati-cards-reaschering-the-mobo.30766/
Relevancy 37.84%

http h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc us amp docname c amp dlc en amp lc en amp jumpid reg R USEN The above link is to the HP specs for the machine The mobo is overheating and yes i ve done all the reg maint stuff Let s call it dead bury it and buy a new bride I did upgrade the video and sound last year but those devices should be good for a few more yrs This pc is strictly for gaming music and my embroidery machine software I have never replaced a motherboard nor cpu before though I ve done all else My concern is that in my eagerness to get this girl back up an running I overshoot and choose a board - mobo Intel w/ Replacing Solved: pls. help mobo RC410-M ECS that won t support the current devices I d love to replace the cpu right now Solved: Replacing ECS RC410-M mobo w/ Intel mobo - help pls. too but w bdays and christmas coming Solved: Replacing ECS RC410-M mobo w/ Intel mobo - help pls. I can t afford it So help me geniuses What motherboards would support the pos Pentium D S DC GHz socket but still allow me to celebrate my nd birthday with a new cpu a quad ohh ahhh next april I have searched and searched and it s probably staring me in the face but I can t figure out the mobos I m guessing some of these would work but again brain doesn t work as well as it should and I just cant figure it out http techreport com articles x Thanks for your help Peace ohbrandi nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I am trying to put together a Server running for my home I have a two computers running socket MOBOS and CPUs I have enough pieces to put together another computer CPU RAM Mobo Graphic card Besides this old gear I have a special server case and RAID card I tried to get the computer set up a while back and got errors from the MOBO I made a half attempt to work it out but do newer 939 Mobo Socket purchase a Mobo or not have the time or patience I figured I would just buy another inexpensive mobo and get it going Based on the prices I am seeing for this mobo Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo it has turned into a collectors item and worth more now than when they were cutting edge Should I just suck it up and pay for a Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo old MOBO or should I upgrade my home theater PC to a newer MOBO with new Ram and CPU then take that mobo for the Server That computer runs fine now with a CPU but a newer socket would allow me options for the future without paying a premium for old school technology If you suggest a newer MOBO I would appreciate suggestions on which MOBO and CPU for a Micro ATX case good for a HTPC BTW I am on the road more than at Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo home so most of my work is done on a newer laptop nbsp

A:Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo

You can do mobo/ 2GB RAM and a X2 AM2 for around $150, I would go that route.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-939-mobo-or-purchase-a-newer-mobo.858269/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm upgrading a computer and I'm having difficulties with loading. I am replacing just the mother board, processor chip, and the ram chip. I am re-using the hard drives, cd/dvd drives, and everything else.

I've upgraded from:
an AMD chip to a P4 3.0e w/ HT
an unknown AMD mobo to a DFI PS85-BL ver B1 mobo

I will be using 512 mb ddr 400 pc3200 kingston ram

I already called DFI and they said that I need to unistall the system drivers. Of course, I tried uninstalling all device drivers and then shut down and rebuilt computer. When I booted, the computer asked for safe mode or boot normally. No matter what I select, it automatically reboots.

Any ideas, instructions, or definite fixes?

A:Upgrade Issues. Upgrading from AMD mobo to P4 mobo.

Watching over Gotham City...hey it's dark out here

Why Do u Wanna Upgrade to Pentuim 4
Just Asking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-issues-upgrading-from-amd-mobo-to-p4-mobo.20691/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have read several posts about issues with this already MOBO MOBO OS to 7 from Need on new files maintain and baked. HD I had an ECS P M MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO Pro-M V with a Pentium I had a primary and MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO secondary hard drive as well as a DVD RW on it My brother-in-law originally build the computer some years ago I got the dreaded call the other day quot Honey the computer won't turn on quot DOA fried MOBO I ordered a Biostar A G MOBO with integrated graphics audio and LAN cards Popped in an AMD Athlon X G and two DDR G Ram sticks Fired that puppy up on my old hard drive It ran through some system checks and nada I keep getting back to nothing I had a system backup set up to run but the destination drive ended up being full without my realizing it and now I'm up shit creek becuase the drive won't boot I've got some important business stuff on that drive which I know I can recover but I would just like it to get up and run I have the install CD and it is a direct from Microsoft CD Nothing specific to the old MOBO What to do This was supposed to be my swan song New computer and I was going to be rocking it out zilcho Please help me out

A:MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO

Describe "I keep getting back to nothing" in more detail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211207-mobo-baked-need-maintain-7-os-files-hd-new-mobo.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Howdy I m at my PSU/Mobo spin New fans won't LED green, Mobo wits end here and I was hoping one New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin of you could point me in the direction of something else to try Working on friend s ish eMachine ick because his motherboard chipset heatsink fell off New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin Used some thermal adhesive to stick the sucker back on but when i hit the power button nothing happens However the motherboard led is on So I pop in another working PSU that I had laying around with the same thing happening At this point I figure the motherboard got fried and ordered a no name gateway oem motherboard I throw it in and have the exact same issue I try shorting the power pins to see if it was my power switch and nada It might be that the processor was killed but wouldn t the psu fan start up in that case Or I ordered a dud motherboard with the same symptoms At this point I m just not sure what step to take to resolve the problem Any advice nbsp

A:New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin

Run the motherboard outside the case with just CPU and memory installed. See if it starts. If not, the CPU could be fried or you have a defective motherboard. I hope you didn't use the old power supply with the replacement motherboard, if you did, you probably fried the 2nd motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-led-green-psu-mobo-fans-wont-spin.115091/
Relevancy 37.41%

Here is my mobo, will be here Thursday.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157139

I want a Phenom II soon. I then started (after I purchased the motherboard first) got interested in getting an X3 and trying to see about unlocking the 4th core.

I have searched around and can find little information about anything other than Biostar and 790 chipsets unlocking the core.

If anyone has information that could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and if anyone here has this motherboard, how do you like it?

A:New Mobo, quick question (CPU/Mobo Related)

The motherboard looks pretty good... I am an Intel man though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-quick-question-cpu-mobo-related.125107/
Relevancy 36.12%

Sorry I didnt read the guide of how to make a good post.

I have an Emachine for about 4yrs now. 2 weeks ago I turned it on and it turned right back off, I thought it was the power supply, but it wasnt. I took it to Best Buy, told me it was the motherboard. I dont want to spend money on another mother board since emachine sucks, I already spent $400 last year to get my cd drive fixed. U guys say an ATX motherboard is good and cheap, its way better than an emachine mobo. The problem is I dont know which ATX mobo(a good one) to get for my emachine. My emachine is a W350.

Please respond

A:Which ATX mobo should I get to replace with my emachine mobo

The tricky part of this is you will probably have to not only replace the motherboard, but also the power supply, processor and memory

Here's an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138090

The power supply is old and you wouldn't want to damage a new motherboard would you. The old memory is DDR. The new board takes DDR2 memory. You may be able to use the old CPU or processor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-atx-mobo-should-i-get-to-replace-with-my-emachine-mobo.101101/
Relevancy 36.12%

The HP ProDesk 400 G1 MS motherboard is bad.  It is a MS 7860 v1.2.    It has a special connector for the USB ports on the mobo.   Can somebody recommend a new mobo replacement? Thanks. Darryl

A:Replacement Mobo for MS 7860 v1.2 (bad mobo)

Just saw the schematic and the connector is the USB 3.0 mobo connector that combines two USB 3.0 ports.   What do you ask for on a new mobo? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Replacement-Mobo-for-MS-7860-v1-2-bad-mobo/td-p/5703205