Windows Support Forum

Internet Drops Randomly

Q: Internet Drops Randomly

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet Drops Randomly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet Drops Randomly

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-randomly.208315/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all Internet drops randomly So here s the deal yesterday I was playing some games on my PC as i m sure many of us do when my mouse started acting up it was constantly left clicking when I was holding it down but I digress so i grabbed my spare mouse took the old out of the USB port and popped the new in the same slot Next to the said USB slot is my wireless adapter Internet randomly drops Texet n USB Wireless LAN card to be exact some cheap i got but it hasn t troubled me thus far and I must have knocked it or something because my internet just dropped straight away I thought it would come back up soon after but for the last hours I ve been scratching my head and reading forum post after forum post trying fix after fix but to no avail While i m browsing the web it Internet randomly drops is usually stable sometimes drops when I Internet randomly drops watch Youtube but that isn t the issue The problem is when I load up online games the moment I hit the play button and it connects to the game server it just dies I ve pinged while doing this and I can see the second I hit play the requests start getting timed out for about seconds then it will reconnect The only game I have gotten to work so far is Minecraft but on other more shall we say demanding games such as World of Warcraft Final Fantasy and Diablo it just kills it doesn t even make it to the character selection screen I ve attached a copy of my ipconfig all for you to take a look at I won t go through what I ve tried to fix it I just want to start again with somebody who knows what they are doing just incase I did of the fixes wrong Lastly it s just my PC that the connection drops on everything else that is wireless in the house is fine and I ve tried using a different wireless adapter and it still happens Thanks in advance Luke nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-randomly-drops.1156586/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi

My Internet works fine on my laptop but on my other computer it drops out randomly and I have to restart the computer to get it going again. It only gives me around five minutes before it drops out.

It is not through networking I just use the same modem on both computers.

I Have a windows Xp and USB modem not a router.

Can anyone help

Thanks.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Randomly when I'm browsing the internet my internet goes Maybe I'm just lucky that it doesn't cut out during an online game To get my internet back I just unplug the internet cable at the back of my pc and wait a few seconds and plug it back in again comes back almost instantly I can't ping the router when my internet goes I check my phone and and can still get internet no one else complains of it I use a TP Powerline adapter I can not test if that my pc on randomly only drops Internet is at fault no wifi and not too close to the router Internet only on my pc drops randomly hence why I use the powerline Around the time of internet loss in the event manager Internet only on my pc drops randomly I get messages like these Browser The browser has forced an election on network Device NetBT Tcpip F B- F E- F -B D- AD EFD FA because a master browser was stopped DNS CLIENTS EVENTS Name resolution for the name dns msftncsi com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Service Control Manager The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control The reason specified was x Operating System Network Connectivity Planned Comment None Here are times and dates of when I have noticed it

A:Internet only on my pc drops randomly

I am not an expert on this but it looks like the default DNS assignments may be causing the issue.

Have yo hard-set your DNS assignments?

Right click the Network icon on the lower right corner of the screen and left click "Network and sharing."
Click "change adapter settings"
Right click on your network adapter
Select "Properties"
Scroll down to and double-click the "Internet version 4..."
In the dialog at the bottom is shows "Use the following DNS..."
Click "Use the following..."
and set them to point to OpenDNS servers

You may need to first click "Use the following...IP address" if they grayed out, but you can leave the IP addresses blank.

Click "OK", a few times and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347026-internet-only-my-pc-drops-randomly.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My Computer HP Pavilion Slimline s t series computer Info OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Sempron tm Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free Drops Internet Randomly - MB D Total Internet Drops Randomly - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION NARRA Antivirus Norton Security Suite Internet Drops Randomly Updated and Enabled My Wireless-N Adapter Linksys AE Link http homestore cisco com en-us Ad VproductId VVcatId VVviewprod htm My Router DIR- XTREME N GIGABIT ROUTER Link http www dlink com products pid Problem My computer sometimes just for no reason drops the internet I m not using it or if I m in the middle of loading a web page or playing a game I have check the firmware full updated it Plugging it straight into the router it works fine The only problem is my router is in my living room and its about feet from my computer and it goes thru thin walls to get there So anyone of you smarter people have any idea other than having my computer out in the living room hard wired into my router Also my xbox is feet away from my comp and I never have a connection issue with it Let me know if you need any more info Edit I have Comcast nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I truly hope I can explain this problem and get it resolved I want to use this as a web server for when I am away from home I have a Dell Optiplex running win xp pro sp intel P processor with GB RAM it's connected with ethernet to a motorola SB cable modem for Brighthouse Networks ISP I am running DYNDNS updater too to resolve my dynamic ip to a url The problem is that every so often I need to manually obtain an ip address by using the repair button in the Local Area Connection Status window However I am able to do the repair remotely so the nic is working connection SP XP Win 3 randomly Pro, internet drops There doesn't seem to be any event that causes the connection to drop either so I am at a loss I sure hope someone knows what is going on and how I can fix this A web server is kind of worthless if it drops connection I'm not sure I'll be able to remotely connect if I'm not on the LAN Thanks a lot in advance

A:Win XP Pro, SP 3 drops internet connection randomly

Just to confirm, it is a WIRED connection, not a WIRELESS? Have you tried reinstalling the driver for your NIC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-pro-sp-3-drops-internet-connection-randomly-473595.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Over the past week my Internet has been dropping out after half an hour to an hour of being connected. I can't access any websites on either Internet Explorer or Firefox but MSN and downloads still continue to work. When I restart my computer it is connected to the Internet again but as this has to be done so frequently it gets very annoying.

I am running Vista but have never had these problems before. The other computers in my house are working fine and even my brother's laptop isn't having these issues even though it's the same model as mine. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is and how I could fix it? Thanks in advance.

A:Internet drops out randomly but MSN still works

I can't access any websites on either Internet Explorer or Firefox but MSN and downloads still continue to work.Click to expand...

Fully describe the IE and FF failures to access AND we must assume a connection to MSN is already established before the first IE or FF failure.

Try this sequence as documentation;
get a CMD prompt (run->cmd)
enter nslookup google.com
run MSN and IE/FF until failure
rerun nslookup google.com
If (b) retrurns IP addresses and (d) fails, then your DNS has been changed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-randomly-but-msn-still-works.122051/
Relevancy 70.09%

I don't know why its happening, but the motel i live in switched routers and now my internet on my laptop (Win7) goes out randomly, as well as the moment i try to download something. I have comcast and i think the motel is using a DL-524. I've tried static ip, DNS (4.2.2.2) and other random remedies, but to no avail. BTW i know it cant be the router because my brother, running on XP, is working just fine. Any logs you need I'm happy to provide, as long as you give me the prog to get it. Thank you so much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-drops-randomly-and-when-i-dl-torrent.964174/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys/gals!

This problem just recently started happening with my computer. I'll be playing a video game or surfing the web or whatever and all of a sudden my wifi connection will drop.

So I'll click the wifi symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen to reconnect... but even though it will say that there are connections when I hover over the icon, the list of possible connections will be blank.

I uploaded a screenshot to imgur so you can see for yourself: http://i.imgur.com/qAC5YX1.jpg

The only way for me to fix this problem is to system restore to a few days ago. But this is getting pretty tedious.

Help please?

Relevancy 69.23%

hi there first of all thanks for taking the time to help me out i have cable internet with Solved: connection drops Internet randomly shaw and a recent problem i ve had is that i can t keep my connection my modem led lights are fine the power online send recieve lights stay solid and the pc activity blinks the two computers in my taskbar are the ones that let me know when i have to reset the connection the one on the left stays on but the one on the right is blank the first time had this problem was with my first network adapter a yukon marvell gigabit ethernet controller my local pc shop told me to that the card was probably bad so i bought a d-link t gigabit ethernet controller for the first month it worked beautifully i did not have to go to my network connection and disable enable my card but a couple weeks ago it started to do it again i phoned my isp and they said that everything was fine on their side and advised me to uninstall the card and reinstall which i did and it did not fix the Solved: Internet drops connection randomly problem i ran command and did a ping test with www yahoo com and with for both of these i got packets sent and recieved lost when there was a connection i did it again when it dropped it and the results were sent recieved lost it also said request time out four times as for yahoo it said ping request could not find host www yahoo com please check the name and try again also there are these extra adapter type things that i are a complete mystery to me first one is called Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo- interface the Solved: Internet drops connection randomly second is quot Tunnel adapter to Psuedo-interface the third is Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface these stayed the same for the dlink adapter the only thing that changed was the ip address connected fe Solved: Internet drops connection randomly bff fe not connected fe bff fe hope this helps thanks nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I just built this computer a week or two ago. It's been working fine for the most part except that my network port seems to randomly disconnect on occasion. Sometimes it disconnects and I can't do anything except disable and re-enable it (fixes). Sometimes it says "no internet connectivity" but I am using internet applications without any issues.

This is by far the weirdest bug I have ever encountered with windows and drivers. I am using the Sabertooth x79 Motherboard along with the intel 82579v gigabit ethernet port on it. I have the most up to date drivers from intel's website. I'm not really sure what information you guys need to help me work through this problem. So please request anything you guys feel will help me. Kind of hard to test it out because it happens randomly and may not happen for a day or two.

Thanks

A:New computer drops internet randomly/false negatives

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Before doing anything could you give that a run, Afterwards if you could follow the steps in option 3 and upload the text log that may be helpful too.
I just want to make sure your windows installation is proper before we start troubleshooting this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256643-new-computer-drops-internet-randomly-false-negatives.html
Relevancy 68.37%

ISP RCN Type Cable Security None had Microsoft Security Essentials running but uninstalled that to see if it was causing an error Basic Windows Firewall is enabled although have tested without The problem I m having is the internet on my HP Pavilion Elite HPE- t PC will drop for these short - Randomly Short Internet Drops Spurts in Connection second bursts After the drop it will automatically start working again This happens with all programs I m running on the computer The odd thing is that it s in a way random Sometimes I won t get these drops for minutes but then I ll get them every couple minutes I ve been trying to pinpoint the problem but haven t come up with anything I tried plugging the computer directly into the cable modem and still had a problem which I assume ruled out the router as a problem It also would seem to rule out this being strictly a wireless issue I removed antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials and have tweaked with turning off the firewall completely I ve Internet Connection Randomly Drops in Short Spurts tweaked the power saving settings to Internet Connection Randomly Drops in Short Spurts make sure the adapters are not turning off Even went as far as blanking the hard drive and re-installing the factory settings It s worth noting that I have no problems with other devices online I have a laptop uses XP that uses both wireless and a direct connection to the router without issues An iPad and Xbox has had no drops when in use This issue only happens with the desktop The only difference in this device is it uses Windows So I m at a loss here It doesn t appear to be the ISP unless there is something they would do to cause issues with Windows and the issue happens regardless of the router being used or not It doesn t appear to be the wireless card since it still had issues plugged in So I feel like it has to be either some setting on Windows or some other hardware issue Motherboard Everything else is useable on the computer it just has these random drops that are driving me nuts nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi All I've got an older Acer Timeline t running Windows We recently switched from Cox Cable internet to AT amp T U-Verse and I've started noticing that my internet connection will randomly go out when I am connected This occurs whether I am on a wired or wireless connection Specifically I will be browsing the web and randomly when I try to pull up a website I get an error indicating that I cannot connect to that website because I am not connected to the internet When I check the status of my connection in the bottom right corner it will show that I am connected to the internet If I disconnect the ethernet cable Drops Internet Randomly Access Connection Wireless Wired & on or disconnect and reconnect to the wifi network the internet service is restored although it continues to randomly lose connection I initially thought that it was a U-Verse issue so AT amp T came out and replaced the router Unfortunately I still got the random drops I then thought it was a Windows issue so I reformatted by hard drive and reinstalled Windows - still having that issue My wife has an older Macbook and does not have this problem We also do not have this problem with any of the tablets Internet Access Randomly Drops on Wired & Wireless Connection or phones that connect to the network wirelessly I am beyond frustrated and do not know Internet Access Randomly Drops on Wired & Wireless Connection what to do I also don't know if this is a sign that my laptop is at the end of its life which would be unfortunate since I've only owned the laptop for about years my last laptop a Dell is on year and still churning Any suggestions advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Internet Access Randomly Drops on Wired & Wireless Connection

Forgot to mention that I've got an Intel 5100 wifi card and an Atheros ethernet controller.

After further research, it may appear that the wifi disonnection issue is a known issue regarding this wifi card (Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN problem - disconnecting). Just weird because I only recently had this problem pop up; this also does not explain why my wired connection randomly drops.

I'll play around with the router, driver and the settings some more tonight to see if I can figure out what's wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241332-internet-access-randomly-drops-wired-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Version of IE - Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0

Operating System - Windows XP SP2

What you have tried - Manually reentering the script location

What the problem is - Automatic Configuration Script randomly drops out of Internet Explorer

Give detail explaining your problem - The Automatic Configuration Script checkbox is ticked and the path to the script has been entered however it randomly drops off on some PCs/laptops sometimes and then the users are unable to browse on the Internet. Manually reentering the details temporarily resolves the issue but the the entries have still been known to drop off afterwards. This is extremely annoying especially on remote PCs. If this has happened to anyone before, any information would be greatly appreciated.

A:Automatic Configuration Script randomly drops out of Internet Explorer

I too starting experiencing this very issue, but I didn't see any answers to this issue. Does anyone know what's causing this, and how to fix it?

Would greatly appreciate it!

Keith

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/automatic-configuration-script-randomly-drops-out-of-internet-explorer-253774.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi All First I want to thank anyone Included! (Long Randomly Help! Solved: Issue) Internet Please Pic Drops Term here who can kindly help me with this painfully long lasting issue i have yet Solved: Internet Randomly Drops (Long Term Issue) Please Help! Pic Included! to find a way to rectify Here is the situation There are a total of computers using the bandwidth on one network within my household Please click the picture to see a perfectly simple and detailed outlay of my network with the make and serial of the routers used The Issue My computer which im typing from now Computer from diagram will drop randomly if i browse the internet or am downloading something whilst using Solved: Internet Randomly Drops (Long Term Issue) Please Help! Pic Included! the browser or sometimes completely randomly for it to then always reconnect by itself after - seconds Also EVERYTIME I restart or log on to my account i will need to restart Router see diagram then click the mini comp on toolbar bottom right for connections gt Open Network and Sharing Centre gt Local Area Connection right side gt Disable gt Then Click red quot X quot and allow windows to sort issue in order for my internet to work on Computer It will not work unless i do THIS procedure This happens ONLY on computer I really appreciate an experienced opinion on helping me rectify this issue Thank you very much nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Randomly Drops (Long Term Issue) Please Help! Pic Included!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-randomly-drops-long-term-issue-please-help-pic-included.1029062/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am running Windows 7Ultimate. My Internet connection keeps getting dropped, and when I run the troubleshooter, I can get two different messages: "Troubleshooter Couldn't identify the problem" or "The default gateway is not available." When I get the first, I might as well give up getting on the Internet. When I get the second, the problem can be fixed. Any amount of time later, my connection is dropped again. It can be a day or just an hour

A:Internet drops out randomly - "The Default gateway is not available"

Is this computer the only one on the network? I assume your computer is set to DHCP aka getting an IP etc from your router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338169-internet-drops-out-randomly-default-gateway-not-available.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Common one this one but in our from internet Windows 7 drops randomly 10 Windows upgrade after access case it wasn't a driver issue - it was a DNS issue For us this problem all seems to centre around DNS Windows seems to occasionally and randomly change which network adaptor it's going to route DNS requests to For those who don't know - DNS is a system whereby a name like Google gets converted to a unique machine address such as DNS servers are external computers that provide this service If this service doesn't work properly you won't be able to browse any Windows 10 randomly drops internet access after upgrade from Windows 7 websites properly One solution if you're using WiFi is to disable your Ethernet adaptor in Windows by going into Control Panel - gt Network Connections This will force Windows to always use your WiFi connection for DNS requests So how about if you use your Local Area Connection for something else - maybe for NAS Network Attached Storage such as an external hard drive My father has such a set-up with a static IP address at each end so that he can access shared storage However for some reason Windows was asking this connection for DNS which obviously wouldn't work You can confirm this by opening a Windows command window and typing nslookup and pressing Enter If it shows the IP address of your LAN adaptor instead of the Wireless adaptor this is what's happening The fix is to go into your Local Area Network adaptor Properties same menu as shown in the picture above then go to Internet Protocol Version and click Properties then click Advanced then select the DNS tab If there are any entries in the quot DNS server addresses in order of use quot box then click on each in turn and click Remove It would be worth making a note of anything in there before you Remove them just in case Note that if you access a share on an Ethernet link by a share name e g Share xxx then you may need to change this to use the device's IP address e g share Hope this helps - it sorted out our network problems immediately as Windows then always used the only DNS server it knew about which was the WiFi one For reference this was a non-Broadcom WiFi dongle and updating all the drivers both for the WiFi and the LAN made no difference - it was definitely down to the DNS issue Good luck all Richard

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/56060-windows-10-randomly-drops-internet-access-after-upgrade-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

When im playing games like WoW, counterstrike, etc. every once and a while my ping will jump and everything will freeze. It only happened recently after I restored my computer to factory settings. How do I find out what the problem is?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guys

I'm in desperate need for a quick fix here. We recently updated one of our servers to a win 7 Os, used to run xp. So we have 5 pc's running programs from this server, of whom 2pc's are still on xp and the other 3 on win 7.

The problem now is that the shared files will randomly become unavailable throughout the day, and the only way to get all the people working again is to restart the Server pc. The network loctions will still appear but accessing it is the problem.

I can't see why its only the xp machines having this problem.

Can anyone please help with a fix for this. The only thing i have not tried yet is to format the two xp machines.

Thanks
heinrich

A:Win 7 drops sharing with Xp pc's Randomly

File Sharing - Between XP and W7 (and vice versa)
maybe this can help for tutorial.
did you use security permission on it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86951-win-7-drops-sharing-xp-pcs-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

As it says in the title, my connection will randomly drop out with no warning..

I'm using a Westell Model 6100 modem, with verizon DSL, and from there it goes into a Lynksis Wireless G Broadband router, though Im not using the wireless, I just split into the two computers using ethernet from the router. This has been happening for a long time, where the Internet and DSL lights on the modem will go dark, and eventually come back on. The network connections window on XP still says Im connected, but I cannot visit web pages, or connect to online games. I'm not sure what causes it, but it just randomly drops out, some days its worse than other's, where it will drop out, come back, and instantly drop again, and others, maybe once, and thats all. My first thought was perhaps the phones interfering, but Ive got filter's on all the phones.. any thoughts?

Relevancy 55.9%

Motorola wireless modem connected to a netgear router. Use the wifi from the Motorola SURFboard 2.4GHz Wireless-G Cable Modem Gateway. Whether I use my macbook, either one of m windows labtops, or my xbox. The connection randomly drops. Its still visible but its enough to kick me out of a game or stop internet activity for a minute or two. For example...on my macbook, i just turn airport off and on again and it finds it and reconnects. It seems like this is much more problematic during the day.

Relevancy 55.9%

I had only had this laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad n585) for 2 weeks and this problem showed up in the last 3 days. When running a something with sound (usually chrome, but recently it happened during a game) the sound specifically for that program would drop a random amount at a random time. This would happen on speakers or headphones, and I checked the drivers, ran a diagnostic and nothing showed up wrong (I also turned off the communications audio chance thing). here is a picture of what i mean by the solitary programs sound drops

A:Sound Drops randomly

Some other application trying to access sound at the same time could be one reason for the sound drop.

Try playing an audio CD, using the Windows Media Player, and see if it happens (do not have other programs such as steam or a game running).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/27099-sound-drops-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there,

Here is my problem,
I game a lot, & if I disconnect from those games for 1 or 2 minutes I'll probably be dead and/or lost the game.
My connection drops randomly, this happens once every hour or so, a few minutes later I reconnect to the same internet. The internet hasnt shut down, I can still browse on my phone & on another computer., but those arent on when Im gaming.
I've had this problem for a while now and it also occurres on my other laptop when I gamed up there. I can solve this by going to controllpanel & troubleshoot problems with network adapter, but it is getting really annoying. Even when Im only browsing like now it just drops connection.
Can someone help me?

-Kay

A:Connection drops randomly

Sounds like you're on a DSL connection - - are you?

I would log into the router and on the WAN side configuration, set the MTU to 1492.
This will stop tcp fragmentation and therefore avoid the necessity of reassembly, which can easily overflow buffers and break connections.

Might also reduce tcp ACK responses by applying this change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-drops-randomly.193423/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a computer running XP Home that has three user accounts. Two accounts work properly. However, when logging on to the third account, the screen resolution sometimes drops to 640x480 with 4-bit color. If I try to increase the resolution, it immediately drops back. If the computer is restarted, the resolution will be back to its normal value (1024x768 with 32-bit color). This happens randomly and does not seem to be a driver or hardware issue. No software had been installed when this problem started.

A:Screen resolution randomly drops

Would seem to point to a damaged user profile, IMO.

Copy Data from a Corrupted User Profile to a New Profile in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403882/screen-resolution-randomly-drops/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Wireless connection drops randomly I have had my Laptop for about years now My laptop just recently Wireless connection randomly drops began constantly droping my internet connection I get no notifications from my laptop when it ocurrs The Wireless icon says I am still connected and with no issues But what ever Wireless connection randomly drops I am doing states I've lost connection It seems to continue having no wireless for a few seconds then instantly does back to normal I have brought up the task manager and watched the wireless performance and it seems to stop sending and recieving data when this occurs nbsp nbsp nbsp My network adaptor is a Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter nbsp I have made sure to turn off the power saving mode on it and i've trouble shooted it multiple times The trouble shooter just resets it and states the problem is fixed even though it still occurs I have dried deinstalling and reinstalling multiple times updating it rerolling it downloading the latest drivers from HP etc Nothing seems to be working nbsp nbsp Any help would be appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-connection-randomly-drops/td-p/5736571
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,My wireless connection drops out randomly every 1 or 2 hours. It shows "no internet connection" with a yellow triangle on the wifi icon, and I have to manually disconnect then reconnect to my wlan network to get it working again. It's very frustating when I need a constant network connection.Realtek 2x2 11bgn Wireless LAN M.2 Adapter (it's 8192EE I think), driver version: 2023.29.201.2016Anyone got a solution?Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450-Wireless-drops-out-randomly/td-p/3317678
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi again everyone I'm finally getting this laptop sorted out but Randomly & Drops Wireless After Sleep it still has one Wireless Drops Randomly & After Sleep definite problem with wireless connectivity It's an Acer Aspire T with Vista Home Premium SP router is a Belkin Pretty much every time I bring it out of sleep the wireless connection to the internet is lost It loses internet randomly during normal use and I can usually resolve that by disconnecting reconnecting from the network However after sleeping that won't restore Internet access I get a good connection to the network but it's quot Local Only quot I also noticed I can't access my router via the browser either The Windows diagnose amp repair thing says it's a problem with the modem or router and recommends rebooting those way to pass the buck Vista P All other computers are running XP Pro never have this problem never had it on my old XP laptop etc I already updated wireless drivers by going into the device manager and selecting quot Update driver software quot and disabled the power saving option to quot turn off this device to save power quot for both network adapters The router firmware is up to date Help Note I found this http www chicagotech net netforums asc amp highlight Not sure if it's applicable Is it worth a shot Thanks everyone I promise to give back to this forum after a few more months and I'm a Vista master

A:Wireless Drops Randomly & After Sleep

Hi Mousetopher,

I too have had occasional weird problems after waking my Dell 1537 laptop running Vista Home Premium 64bit from sleep mode. Instead of sleep I've been trying hibernate mode instead. I created a desktop icon which I click when I want to put the laptop in hibernate mode. To try this, create a desktop icon. In the shortcut tab:

Target: System32\rundll32.exe PowProf.dll.SetSuspendState
Start in: C:\Windows\system32

I've also changed sleep to hibernate or shutdown in my power options.

So far so good,
Sky

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/243189-wireless-drops-randomly-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've got a bit of a problem here....randomly, the sound volume for my programs will drop (e.g. my music player, any games i am running, etc).

No actual change in the windows volume control, or any volume control is done....the sound output just drops. Only way to fix it seems to be to restart the affected programs (e.g. my music player).

There doesn't appear to be any pattern to it, it just happens randomly.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Laptop is a Lenovo Y460P btw. Onboard sound, latest sound drivers.

A:Sound volume randomly drops

Hello Question2

Windows 7 automatically lowers speaker volume when it detects communication activity . You can turn this off though.

Navigate to:
Control Panel --> Hardware and Sound --> Sound --> Audio properties --> Communications tab

Select Do Nothing from the dropdown box. Apply & OK

Post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-volume-randomly-drops-686384.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey We ve had DSL for a few years never had a problem Recently got a stock NEC powermate with XP and hooked it up to our dsl D-Link DSL- T and D-link DSL- G modem via ethernet the modem stores the user id etc and the connections always on It worked for about an hour and then come up with the famous quot the page cannot be displayed quot Thing is it sometimes works maybe for a minute maybe for an hour but always eventually drops out again We ve tried plugging the lead into our other computers with no probs at all Regardless of if it can find the page or not it will always connect to the modem via in the url I ve wiped all the spyware cleaned out all the temp files etc flushed the dns used another modem reinstalled the drivers connected via usb instead of ethernet changed cables lowered security raised security deactivated firewalls checked LAN and internet settings with no effect What out drops connected to always randomly, DSL but modem gets me is that it sometimes goes fine and then minutes later cant display the DSL drops out randomly, but always connected to modem same sites Restarting sometimes helps sometimes doesn t FTP uploads don t go very far because every few minutes it comes up with can t find FTP server or similar Any ideas Andrew nbsp

A:DSL drops out randomly, but always connected to modem

have your ISP perform a line check for noise and signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-drops-out-randomly-but-always-connected-to-modem.71719/
Relevancy 55.47%

So, most of the time my ping (to my ISPs server) is ~15ms, when I upload/download it changes etc., but, I've noticed that when I use the internet I get disconnection spikes (highly noticable when playing League of Legends or doing anything that needs a constant connection). These disconnection spikes happen more frequently when there's an active connection (something's being downloaded/uploaded, eg. a game running).

I have figured out it isn't any of the routers causing the issue with tracert and pinging. (I pinged the first router, the 2nd and then only the IP to my ISP started having issues.)

This didn't always happen, but it does happen on WinXP and Win8 and my Android tablet.

Any tips? (And I know I should contact my ISP, but I like knowing how to deal with stuff myself.)

Thanks. :]

A:ISP drops connection randomly for a few seconds

BUMP.
Also posting a pic of my ping log.

(1 pix = 1 sec, the timeouts are 1 sec too, pinging my ISP directly)
The spikes upwards are disconnections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/isp-drops-connection-randomly-for-a-few-seconds.1133120/
Relevancy 55.47%

So i currently have a MSI GT Titan running killer wireless network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity Connection shows connected but no speed randomly connection Wireless drops only until i manually disconnect and reconnect This has been happening since earlier this week after having the laptop off for a couple days Wireless connection randomly drops and i'm sure some updates came in from Microsoft Steps I've taken already to resolve this Uninstalled killer wireless software suite and installed stand alone Wireless connection randomly drops killer driver Refreshed the PC with clean windows install All drivers are up to date including BIOS Ran ccleaner along with registry side of it Memtest shows no errors Hard drives show no errors Connected to LAN and no drops all day I'm not sure what else to check as this is a fairly new laptop bought back in march and doing some searching on google showed some posts about people with the same issues different laptops hardware thinking it was related to Windows This has me thinking a recent update is causing it any other things i can try please

A:Wireless connection randomly drops

Guess this is a known issue, please delete this post moderators.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34123-wireless-connection-randomly-drops.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I have a problem with my Dlink 1310 Wireless Router. For a while now it has been happening but it has finally gotten to the point where I am tired of it happening.

Few things I have noticed or have done.

1) Watched modem when this happens and never shows sign of droppage in internet
2) Updated Firmware for router, and while it helped increase data transfer rates, the problem still persists
3) Usually when this happens I will click the network icon on my laptop/desktop and will see that my router has disappeared from the list of available networks entirely, then returns a few moments later.
4) Distance to router does not affect frequency of this problem

Any ideas what is going on?

A:Router randomly drops signal...

How long has this been going on? What wifi card do you have in your computer? Have you updated the wifi card drivers? Do you have more than one computer in your house, and if you do, is it wireless, and if it is, does it also have this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/161176-router-randomly-drops-signal.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I hope somebody can shed some light on this matter as looking around the internet there does not appear to be any confirmed answer to this problem A bit of background - I have a client who is has machines network connection drops Randomly that have been ok for the last months That is all except This particular machine would lose connection to the network randomly and sometimes running the Windows fix would fix the issue other times it did not Even upon reboot it would not work Randomly drops network connection sometimes This was then returned to myself for repair as we thought there maybe an issue with the motherboard NIC So the Motherboard was replaced but the problem still persisted Windows Pro was reloaded a fresh and only the motherboard NIC drivers latest available Randomly drops network connection as of th June were installed It was left to do Windows updates which completed ok After a period of time the yellow triangle appeared over the network icon identfying an issue Again running the windows fix on this seemed to fix it but only temporarily as it seemed to come back after several reboots So rather than reboot we left the machine on and it still came up with the same issue It seems to happen randomly not matter if the system is sitting there doing nothing or is being used to surf the internet After replacing all hardware and reinstalling Windows on no less than occasions as well as running fixes recommended by Microsoft and various forums the problem still pesists I have tried it on both our network and direct into the router with the same problems occuring I would like to think it is an drivere issue but that would not explain why the other identical machines are not experiencing this issue If anybody has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated as we are now tearing our hair out trying to fix this but are getting nowhere Cheers Si Additional PC Spec might assist - Gigabyte GA-H M-D H-USB Intel H S DDR SATA II Intel Core i S Sdy Bridge GHz GT s HD GB kit GBx Corsair DDR PC - MHz GB Seagate ST AS Barracuda SATA Gb s Powercool PC PSU Usual displayed windows error for network - quot local Area Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configuration This system is set to DHCP and addresses are being supplied without issue to other systems

A:Randomly drops network connection

I have experiendced this also in the past. I dont know if this is suitable for your situation but have you tried setting the problem PC to have a static IP. In the past I have had similar problems and the only thing I could put it down to is that the router was assigning an address then the PC was losing connection. When the Pc requested a new IP address the router still registered it as having one so did not give it a new one. Setting a static IP address has always resolved this for me but as I said it may not suit your situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233790-randomly-drops-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys!

I'm having a problem with my wireless connection. I've searced high and low for a solution, but I can't seem to find it.

The thing is, the connection to my router randomly drops, for just a few seconds, because it automaticly reconnects to it. I know it doesn't seem like a major issue, but losing 2-3 seconds is really something you want to avoid while player FPS games for instance.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Oh btw, my network adapters is:
- Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN
- Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

And my router is a "Belkin N Wireless Router" (here's a link: Belkin : N Wireless Router)

If you need any other information in order to help, just let me know. I really want this to be fixed.

A:Router connection randomly drops

Quote: Originally Posted by ega

Hi guys!

I'm having a problem with my wireless connection. I've searced high and low for a solution, but I can't seem to find it.

The thing is, the connection to my router randomly drops, for just a few seconds, because it automaticly reconnects to it. I know it doesn't seem like a major issue, but losing 2-3 seconds is really something you want to avoid while player FPS games for instance.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Oh btw, my network adapters is:
- Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN
- Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

And my router is a "Belkin N Wireless Router" (here's a link: Belkin : N Wireless Router)

If you need any other information in order to help, just let me know. I really want this to be fixed.

ega

Hi and welcome

One thing I have noticed is that IP-6 support makes some wifi routerd drop at random intervals. to disable ip-6 right click networking in sys ray and click on networking and sharing, click change adapter settings, pick the adapter, right click, and goto properties. un check ip-6

Hope this helps and let us know if not

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/18792-router-connection-randomly-drops.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Several weeks ago my network connect started randomly dropping The only way to I ve been able to re-start it is to restart my laptop which is very annoying I m running Windows XP on a Sony Vaio laptop with wireless connection I m sure it s a laptop issue as it does this at work and home on different wireless routers I ve run Event Viewer and I can see several types of error messages WARNING - Source DHCPYour computer was not able to renew its address from the network from the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address DED B C The following error occurred The operation was canceled by the user Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server WARNING - Source PlugPlayManagerThe service quot NetFxUpdate v quot vetoed a power event request ERROR - Source Service Control ManagerThe BrPar service depends connection randomly network drops Wireless on the Parallel arbitrator group and no member of this group started ERROR - Source DHCPThe IP address lease for the Network Card with network address DED B C has been denied by the DHCP Wireless network connection randomly drops server The DHCP Server Wireless network connection randomly drops sent a DHCPNACK message WARNING - Source TCPIPTCP IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect Wireless network connection randomly drops attempts ERROR - Source ATAPIThe device Device Ide IdePort did not respond within the timeout period I think the items in bold above are what s causing the problem as they seem to happen at the same time Below is my HiJackThis log for your reference Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at a m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS system ICO EXEC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzRs VzRs exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exeC Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exeC Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Camera Utility VCUServe exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files ... Read more

A:Wireless network connection randomly drops

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352364/wireless-network-connection-randomly-drops/
Relevancy 54.61%

Dell Vostro AiO Core i GHz GB RAM Wireless nic Dell Wireless b g n For about the last weeks I've been dealing with an issue Drops AiO Wireless Dell Connectivity Randomly where my AiO drops WiFi connectivity randomly At this point i have to manually reconnect associate with the router I receive two errors in my log Event Dell AiO Drops Wireless Connectivity Randomly ID Wireless network association failed Network Adapter Dell Wireless b g n Interface GUID a e- - - d -cd a cf e Local MAC Address F Network SSID E QE BSS Dell AiO Drops Wireless Connectivity Randomly Type Infrastructure Failure Reason The driver disconnected while associating Dot Status Code Event ID WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network Network Adapter Dell Wireless b g n Interface GUID a e- - - d -cd a cf e Connection Mode Automatic connection with a profile Profile Name E QE SSID E QE BSS Type Infrastructure Failure Reason The driver disconnected while associating So Dell AiO Drops Wireless Connectivity Randomly far this is what i've done to troubleshoot Updated the driver Unchecked the option in device manager to allow the computer to turn this device off to save power Within power options i've set wireless adapter settings gt gt power saving settings gt gt setting maximum Configured a static address on this PC Re-configured wireless security which was previously WEP encryption to WPA personal AES Rebooted the router I've done everything short of running a cable to this PC The funny thing is there is an identical PC feet away which is not experiencing any of these issues Any help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Dell AiO Drops Wireless Connectivity Randomly

Hi there,

Can you please provide us with a Xirrus snip capture? Please follow the guidelines here:
Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/dell-aio-drops-wireless-connectivity-randomly-891609.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hi i have a acer travelmate 2700 i originally had xp on it and my biult in wifi worked fine but i now have win 7 installed and now cannot get my wifi working is there a patch i  could use to get it working - at the moment i am using a pci wifi card to go on line any ideas anyone????

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

A:Wireless connection randomly drops after Windows 7...

The only advice I can give you is to try other drivers for your model and see if one works. You can also search using this method:http://driverzone.com/node/182even if the driver you find is for different brands, it's worth trying.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Wireless-connection-randomly-drops-after-Windows-7-upgrade/td-p/387913
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an Envy 15t purchased in January 2016. Everything works except the WiFi, it keeps dropping. I have restored it, updated it, and updated the driver with no change in the operation. I have another laptop an Envy dv6 with a different wireless card and it works fine. This PC has the Broadcom BCM 43142. Anyone have solution or do I need to replace the PC?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-Broadcom-BCM-43142-randomly-drops/td-p/5634082
Relevancy 54.61%

It s quite a long winded problem to explain but I ve done my best here I m using an Advent laptop with a built-in Realtek RTL B Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter it works with one router BT Internet perfectly well with no problems however it drops out randomly with my other Sky Broadband router Usually it loses connection with the Sky router entirely I have to refresh the list of available wireless networks then wait a few minutes reconnect etc and eventually it comes back online Concerning solving the problem I have updated the Realtek driver several times that stopped the random dropping out with the BT Internet router but not with the Sky router randomly connection drops Vista wireless out In case you re wondering why I don t just quit Sky Broadband and use Vista wireless connection drops out randomly BT Internet the routers are at two different houses Not sure if the problem is with the Sky router itself we had it replaced a few months ago due to faults and my other Windows XP computer works perfectly using a Netgear WG v Wireless USB Network Adapter Since I have a spare Netgear wireless USB I decided to plug it into my laptop and install the software then use it instead of my built in Realtek wireless adapter which made the connection drop out slightly less frequently It didn t however entirely solve the problem The only way I can stop the wireless connection dropping out is to plug the laptop directly to the Sky router with an Ethernet cable this does the trick but defeats the object of having a wireless connection It seems to occur more often during the afternoon evening and when nearer to walls windows and other external locations but not sure if this is such a big factor At the time of writing it is AM and ironically the wireless signal has been perfect for the past three hours or so I would appreciate any help on this matter I ve asked a few other tech support forums for assistance too If not please direct me to somewhere I can find a solution to my problem Kind regards and thanks in advance -Seb B nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys Windows drastically randomly 8 drops performance For Windows 8 performance randomly drops drastically a while now my computers performance randomly drops down a lot Mostly it is just the multimedia performance as far as I can tell it since Windows 8 performance randomly drops drastically the rest seems to work fine It happens like weekly and here is what I can notice - I can play one match of League of Legends without any lag on stable fps without a problem but in the next match it drops down to fps at most but typically it is between and - for testing I tried another game Pro Evolution Soccer same performance drop - I can still watch any p HD film without a problem - closing every running app won't help - the problem won't go away if I logout - login so it should not be a user-related app running - a reboot of the PC solves the problem until it happens again - ONLY a reboot seems to help - in task manager everything seems fine CPU is on at most with loads of Chrome tabs opened I have no idea where to start looking and what could cause it Here are the specs of my system - Windows Professional x MSDNAA license with the latest updates installed - Core Duo E - GB Ram - Geforce GTS GB Any idea is appreciated thanks in advance cheers

A:Windows 8 performance randomly drops drastically

Out of curiosity, what are your GPU temperatures at when you notice the slowdown?

You can use this utility: SpeedFan - CNET Download.com

Make sure to check temps while your game is running at its slow pace. If it's anywhere in the mid-to-high 90s celsius, most cards will have a huge performance drop.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/18234-windows-8-performance-randomly-drops-drastically.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys For a while now my computers performance randomly drops down a lot Mostly it is just the multimedia performance as far as I can tell it since the rest seems to work fine It happens like weekly and here is what I can notice - I can play one match of League of Legends without any lag on stable fps without a problem but in the next match drops Windows randomly performance 8 drastically it drops down to fps at most but typically it is between and - for testing I tried another game Pro Evolution Soccer same performance drop - I can still watch any p HD film without a problem - closing every running app won't help - the problem won't go away if I logout - login so Windows 8 performance randomly drops drastically it should not be a user-related app running - a reboot of the PC solves the Windows 8 performance randomly drops drastically problem until it happens again - ONLY a reboot seems to help - in task manager everything seems fine CPU is on at most with loads of Chrome tabs opened I have no idea where to start looking and what could cause it Here are the specs of my system - Windows Professional x MSDNAA license with the latest updates installed - Core Duo E - GB Ram - Geforce GTS GB Any idea is appreciated thanks in advance cheers

A:Windows 8 performance randomly drops drastically

Out of curiosity, what are your GPU temperatures at when you notice the slowdown?

You can use this utility: SpeedFan - CNET Download.com

Make sure to check temps while your game is running at its slow pace. If it's anywhere in the mid-to-high 90s celsius, most cards will have a huge performance drop.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/18234-windows-8-performance-randomly-drops-drastically.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,
Not sure this is the right area for this topic. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8620 connected wireless to my PC running Win7.
I actually have two computers connected to this printer. My wife's PC (Win7 also) connects via USB. I have the Arris NGV510 (motorola) Router/Modem. I have already set a static IP address for this printer. I have also changed the router channel from 1 to 11. I have ruled out my anti-virus firewall. Can't think of any other thing to change or check. admittedly my knowledge is limited. Don't think it's a problem with the printer hardware. Printer is fairly new.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

A:Printer drops connection and re-connects randomly

Where does the printer drop out? Does the printer indicate it has lost connection or does your PC show it has lost connection?
Does your wife's USB connection ever drop out?

(BTW, I have a Sonar recording studio).

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/126823-printer-drops-connection-re-connects-randomly.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hi i have a acer travelmate 2700 i originally had xp on it and my biult in wifi worked fine but i now have win 7 installed and now cannot get my wifi working is there a patch i  could use to get it working - at the moment i am using a pci wifi card to go on line any ideas anyone????

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

A:Wireless connection randomly drops after Windows 7...

The only advice I can give you is to try other drivers for your model and see if one works. You can also search using this method:http://driverzone.com/node/182even if the driver you find is for different brands, it's worth trying.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Wireless-connection-randomly-drops-after-Windows-7-upgrade/td-p/387913/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.61%

- months ago I had a series of random video loss events where the monitor would suddenly go dark then display the quot DVI no signal quot message and go to sleep At the same time the speakers played the quot USB device disconnect quot two-tone signal- something like quot BEE-doop quot with the first tone being higher and the second tone being lower I tested the monitor and its cable on another machine and they worked fine After weeks of fighting with this I finally gave up and decided to replace the quot most likely candidates quot without ever knowing what the actual problem was I replaced the GTX with a new GTX and the GTX 570 output and new video 970 drops randomly old from GTX Computer old Gigabyte Z -D H mobo with a new ASRock Z Extreme I then fresh-installed my Windows Home Premium x on a GB SSD and all my games onto Computer randomly drops video output from new GTX 970 and old GTX 570 a GB SSD retaining my old TB HDD for Documents downloads email etc that Computer randomly drops video output from new GTX 970 and old GTX 570 don't benefit from SSD speeds The only remaining quot old quot components are the monitor and its DVI cable the CPU Core i K the RAM Corsair GBx the PSU and the case CPU cooler and fans This completely solved the problem and for the past months the system has been rock-solid and stable even through marathon -hour gaming sessions The exhaust air from my fans is barely warm and my CPU stays around C no matter how hard I'm pushing it I am not overclocking either the CPU nor the video card Suddenly last week I got the dreaded quot BEE-doop quot disconnect sound out of a clear blue sky the monitor went black and displayed the quot DVI No Signal quot message and went to sleep Meanwhile however the game that I had been in the middle of playing heavily-modded Skyrim was still running I could hear the NPCs talking to quot me quot and the Bard still singing in the Inn we were in So obviously the computer was still chugging right along even though the monitor thought it had died Without any display of course there is no way to quot nicely quot shut down the computer or even reboot it so I have to press the power switch once which shuts down the machine but scatters and rearranges and even loses some of my desktop shortcuts and icons Since that time the same thing has occurred at least once a day and last night when it happened I got not one but about - quot BEE-doop quot disconnect sounds in rapid succession Very odd The second or third time it happened I disconnected and reconnected all of my cables removed and reinstalled my RAM sticks and GDU wiggled all of the power connectors in the machine and vacuumed out the little bit of dust that was on the CPU cooler radiator but it kept happening anyway about once a day or so It just happened again today so after I rebooted I checked Windows Event Viewer which shows zero quot critical quot events and warnings when I look at just the last hour which more than covers the most recent crash Kernel PnP System Application Virtualization Client Application Application Virtualization Client Application Of course I have no idea what those warnings mean but since they happened during the past hour the time of the crash I suspect they may be related Also quot Kernel PnP quot seems to go along with the quot device disconnect quot sound I'm getting at the instant of the crash No other events of any kind have been logged during the previous hour I am now in the process of pulling a complete backup off of the machine onto an external drive because when this happened months ago it ended up corrupting my HDD and I was eventually unable to boot the machine at all even using the on-board display Meanwhile I am at a loss how to troubleshoot or diagnose this recurring failure Logic would suggest that since this issue is identical to the one I had months ago before most of the hardware was replaced it must be something that was NOT replaced causing the problem- but then again logic also ... Read more

A:Computer randomly drops video output from new GTX 970 and old GTX 570

Hi what power supply do have in it and wattage? and how old is the power supply?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/371516-computer-randomly-drops-video-output-new-gtx-970-old-gtx-570-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to look at this post Anyway I ll get right to the chase just recently I have purchased seconds for (enough 5-10 to boot from projects) randomly my Connection me Drops the Motorola SB modem and the Linksys WRT router the reason being is because my old modem Connection Drops for 5-10 seconds randomly (enough to boot me from my projects) was extremely out-dated and we needed an easier way to connect my two other computers All has been working fine until this past week or so and it seems that my modem just likes to go into a standby state by itself from a m until - p m central This will occur Connection Drops for 5-10 seconds randomly (enough to boot me from my projects) regularly about every minutes to an hour for the entire day the quot standby quot mode will last for only about seconds usually just long enough to kick me off from whatever I may be doing at the time The modem says its working fine though and even Connection Drops for 5-10 seconds randomly (enough to boot me from my projects) the Cox guy said it was running at optimal performance At first I believed it to be just some minor difficulties with the network I setup for my family but that wasn t the case I ve tried resetting everything and just starting from scratch but nothing works We called the Cox Support team again and again I was told to reset everything If anyone has any solutions please let me know Thank you -Silent Reyn nbsp

A:Connection Drops for 5-10 seconds randomly (enough to boot me from my projects)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-drops-for-5-10-seconds-randomly-enough-to-boot-me-from-my-projects.724885/
Relevancy 54.18%

MACHINES File Server Windows Server Domain Controller Windows Server Client Windows Pro PROBLEM The client is not a part of the domain which the file server and obviously the domain controller are The mapped drives are added on the client using DOMAIN User along with password Every morning when coming into the office I have network drives drops randomly Windows 8.1 mapped to reboot my machin ein order Windows 8.1 randomly drops mapped network drives to get my mapped drives back This is very annoying The same issue when I log in remotely using RDP when working at night I have to then reboot the machine in order to gain access to my mapped drives It seems at random my mapped drives residing on the file server goes away It has happened once while I was actively working on the client But daily the above issue occurs I'm at a loss to what to try Most issues I've Windows 8.1 randomly drops mapped network drives seen are related to mapped drives disappears when the machine is rebooted but my issue is reversed so those fixes I've tried Windows 8.1 randomly drops mapped network drives that has been suggested do not apply or work Any help in finding a solution to the very annoying problem is greatly welcomed Side Note Windows XP and Windows machine do not have this issue and they add the mapped drives in exactly the same way

A:Windows 8.1 randomly drops mapped network drives

Who is in charge of the network?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57633-windows-8-1-randomly-drops-mapped-network-drives.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi recently I've been having an issue with all of my games alt-tabbing out and minimizing. Also it would randomly freeze in-game with a non moving cursor in the middle of the screen, until I ctr+alt+delete. I've also noticed a big fps drop in one of the games, world of tanks, from 25-35 down to 10-20, and I have a good setup. This happened to my previous pc to the point where I couldn't run anything. My windows 7 OS isn't genuine, could that pose a threat to my firewall, or make it easier for viruses or hackers to get in and infect it? I'm stumped, it only recently started acting this way.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525568/randomly-alt-tabbing-in-games-freezes-and-fps-drops-all-connected-virus/
Relevancy 53.32%

So prior to this whole mess there was a major pop-up that stopped access to Windows It loaded prior to any program even explorer I fixed this by CTRL-ALT-DEL and quot running quot explorer exe then disabling a few one by one until I malware, drops. connection AV Random randomly programs won't install, found it After this I tried to install Norton Endpoint and this is where the trouble began The install would hang then get interupted so I had to try again However since then I have started getting random pop-ups including the most recent one quot last wow com quot I tried to run quot gmer quot but the program would crash after a few seconds of starting it I was however able to get the DDS Also combofix will not work in either safe mode nor normal even with the wow Here is the DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by user at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Random malware, AV programs won't install, connection randomly drops. - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning disabled Outdated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch Random malware, AV programs won't install, connection randomly drops. svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Nero Random malware, AV programs won't install, connection randomly drops. Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG Configuration Utility WG CFG exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop av dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks UrlSearchHook Class - e - fd - - f e fc - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO LimeWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB LimeWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll uRun IndxStoreSvr E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot c program files common files nero lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe quot ASO- B - DAE- -A F- A E uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot mRun NeroFilterCheck c program files common files nero lib NeroCheck exe mRun NBKeyScan quot c program files nero nero nero backitup NBKeyScan ... Read more

A:Random malware, AV programs won't install, connection randomly drops.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Who instructed you to run ComboFix? As stated in the disclaimer you had to pass when running ComboFix, it is not intended for unsupervised use.

As you also should have read here in Step 2 of our NEW INSTRUCTIONS thread:

Why we don't ask you to run ComboFix from the onset

As stated by the author of ComboFix:

ComboFix is a very powerful tool which when improperly used may render your machine to a doorstop.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Save it to your Desktop.Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following: Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Under the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart your computer.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy/Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

I need to see a gmer log in order to help you. Please try running gmer again. Make sure no antivirus scans are scheduled during the run.

If it still crashes, try running gmer in Safe Mode.

If you still have trouble...Please download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your desktop.
Double-click RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
Click the Report tab, then click Scan
Uncheck the first three boxes, then click OK
When prompted to Select Disks for Scan, make sure C:\ is checked and click OK
Wait till the scanner has finished then go File > Save Report
Save the report somewhere you can find it. Click Close then Yes
Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in your next reply.
Note: If you get a message 'Rootkit Unhooker has detected parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?', click Okay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-malware-av-programs-wont-install-connection-randomly-drops-524567.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My dad recently started having wireless internet trouble with his Dell Inspiron I He will be connected to the wireless internet in our home and the computer will drop the wireless signal automatically This happens approx every minutes but it will not do it on consecutive days or even weeks This all started about months ago I have checked if his computer did updates around that time thinking it is a glitch with a windows update and there were none done during that time The integrated wireless card is a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card And we get our internet through Hughes Satellite which is routed through their modem and then plugged into our Laptop Network I6400, Dell Signal Drops Randomly Wireless wireless router which is a Linksys WRT G The wireless signal is controlled on the computer by the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility which I do not like but when Dell Laptop I6400, Randomly Drops Wireless Network Signal I uninstalled or disabled it the wireless on the computer stopped working all together I have changed the channels on the router thinking it may be an interference issue but that did no good Also there are other laptops in Dell Laptop I6400, Randomly Drops Wireless Network Signal the house that use this same wireless signal and this one is the only one that has problems with it If anybody has any suggestions or ideas to what it may be please respond I am an IT major so please don't hold back on IT jargon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-laptop-i6400-randomly-drops-wireless-network-signal-323582.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi My computer has recently randomly- Ralink card wifi connection Notebook network drops started to drop the WiFi connection reconnect after a while and at times not even detect my WiFi connection for a while Then repeats the process for no apparent reason I'm not sure when exactly thus problem Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card started as I Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card had been using Ethernet cable up until last week I am certain that this is not related to my router as - other devices in my house can access the internet perfectly fine I have tried doing a power cycle of the router restarting the notebook re-installing updating drivers and cmd ipocnfig refresh and other commands along those lines My notebook model is the hp pavilion tx- windows bit intel I gb ram and uses a ralink RT network card Ps the problem appears to be alright if I use older versions of the driver have tried and the default one which came with the notebook which is older than it however I would prefer not to have to use the older versions as task manager says that its link speed is only mbps whereas versions would show mbps Thankyou in advance

A:Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card

It sounds to me like a signal problem. A competing signal drowning out your wireless signal can cause these kinds of random losses.

To test for this try this program:
inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek
It will tell you if you have a stronger signal in your area that is interfering with the channel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289010-notebook-drops-wifi-connection-randomly-ralink-network-card.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Server has been great and online for about 7 months without issue.  Three times over the last two weeks, all clients' mapped drives just drop and Windows Explorer hangs...  I am not able to disconnect drives via command prompt, nor remap drives
via command prompt.  However, I can ping the server and remote desktop to the server perfectly.  No errors in logs on workstations or server.  Affects all workstations (60+ running Windows 7 Pro) simultaneously.  Client mappings to
other servers (Windows 2008 R2) running on the same switch are unaffected.  Reboot the 2012 server and you can reconnect to mapped drives by clicking on them in Windows Explorer.  Any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b2609857-0a6a-42cc-a462-56a8b96479ba/windows-storage-server-2012-randomly-drops-mapped-drives-on-all-client-pcs?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi All I have established a Virtual Wifi Miniport and would like via Internet internet miniport Virtual Wifi sharing access drops to share my laptops internet via the Miniport Whenever I connect my android phone with this access point it works perfectly for a few minutes and then all of a sudden there is Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access no internet on the phone The phone remains connected to the laptop hotspot Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access but the internet access is no more there Now at this point if I Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access disconnect the connection between my phone and the hotspot and then again try to reconnect back again it wont even connect The phone will keep on searching and shows connecting status but can never connect I have tried all sorts of softwares connectify virtual router intel mywifi and even tried to create a hotspot from the cmd using netsh command All the hotspots work in the exact same way intially works perfect but maybe after half an hour internet is gone I have completed all the steps properly even changed the settings in the laptop adapter with interet access to allow other networks to connect but nothing seems to work I have a Windows Machine and my wireless adapter is Intel R Centrino R Wireless N- and the drivers are up to date according to windows I know that its a problem with my laptop OS or something because my android phone can connect and remain connected without losing internet to the connectify hotspot in my wifi enabled desktop PC I am breaking my head over this for the past days even formatted my system once but no use Please help if you can please

A:Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access

I guess no one has an answer to this one...my bad luck...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196712-internet-sharing-via-virtual-wifi-miniport-drops-internet-access.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Please help! My laptop dell latitude d531 drops the internet after about four mins. i have also found msiexec/fums . i have contacted dell who says its not a hardware problem they say its a soft ware prob.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-drops-internet-internet-for-browser-after-4-min.876587/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have routers set up my internet randomly randomly loses regains connection First router is connected to modem that s an Actiontec router that s wireless Second router is a D-link DI wireless router All up, Have internet set my connection 2 routers loses/regains randomly randomly the computers are connected quot Wired quot only wireless devices are the laptop which is connected wireless to Router and Wii which is connected wireless Have 2 routers set up, my internet randomly randomly loses/regains connection to Router Router is a brand new router btw and I upgraded the firmware on it So here s how my connection is setup Internet gt Modem gt Router gt Router gt This computer If I simply directly connect this computer to Router instead of connecting it to Router the disconnections doesn t happen Now at first I had only one router I installed a second router by simply shutting off comp plugging a network cable from router to router then simply plugging an additional cable from router to my computer I am not sure if I set up routers correctly but all I know is that it works fine quot sometimes quot the wireless connection from the second router always seems to work but the wired connection from Router to this comp The intervals varies some days it may be minutes between each disconnection and reconnection which isn t too annoying some days it may be seconds extremely annoying Sometimes the disconnections do not happen at all Here s what I ve tried I ve tried rebooting the router doesn t fix problem Restarting computer doesn t fix problem either I tried the quot windows repair network quot thing on quot Network connections quot do anything Tried disable and renable network What I know is that the problem could be one of the following Router could be defective though the wireless connection on Router works fine The ethernet cable between Router and my computer could also be defective Do faulty ethernet network cables randomly quot lose and regain quot connection The ethernet cable is new and is only feet long it s CAT Unfortunately I don t have a spare ethernet cable but if anyone knows if Ethernet cable could be the problem Maybe wrong setup settings Are there any settings that may fix the quot lose connection and then regain connection quot problem nbsp

A:Have 2 routers set up, my internet randomly randomly loses/regains connection

Some things you can try here.
Change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

For multiple routers, I also suggest this configuration.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-2-routers-set-up-my-internet-randomly-randomly-loses-regains-connection.707341/
Relevancy 47.3%

ok i posted before thinking it was my nforce controller causing internet drops.. well before i had no problems..

anyways not i have a routed wired connection through a linksys router..

1 pc = Win7 64bit
1pc = Win XP 32bit

before when it was XP to XP no problems at all!!

now that its win7 to xp when both comps are on the connection drops a lot, every 2-3minutes!

for some reason i just now noticed this

ive tried dissabling RSS, ipv6, install drivers, try the dhcp flag in regedit, upgrade router firmware etc and so on...

does anyone know the fix for this?? should i install win7 on other comp to fix it??

A:HELP!! internet drops...

Couple of questions...

routers make and model

are you running any anti virus and/or firewall on the systems

is your network on a static ip or are the ips being established by the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54828-help-internet-drops.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok heres the dealio, I have more than i wan to count computers, but currently 5 are being used on my network, 3 wired, 2 wireless. On one of the wired computers the internet works fine when you turn it on, but after yo goto about one webpage it bombs out and instantly say IE cannot display this webpage. FF just does nothing, no loading or anything. and if you try and enter something into the URL, all it does is try and search HTTP:/// (yes 3 slashes) and say the address is not valid. But the thing is it works fine on every on all of the other computers.

What is going on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-drops.554591/
Relevancy 47.3%

During the day, the internet is stable and works fine. I can browse and do everything normally. But in the evening the internet drops and it won't reconnect. I tried restarting my PC and resetting the router but nothing seems to work. A solution would be helpful!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57239-internet-drops.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I have an issue with my internet conecction is suddenly drops while I m using the computer sometimes it works perfectly but in a download it just goes up and then it drops like there is no Internet I reset the Netsh components un comand promp Internet out my in drops and pc in also change the ip adress Internet drops in and out in my pc change the wi fi adapter mi router is ft away from my pc in my parents room I reset my pc completely and with all the info in it and still have the same problem I did a diagnosis of the drivers and Internet drops in and out in my pc I reinstall them all also everyone of them has its corresponding driver updated In Internet drops in and out in my pc adition I think that it might be USB port because the adapter is in a USB port I put a picture of a download and their disk performance and it seems that it drops and it still looks conected perfectly to the Internet The other one you can barely see it but it looks like waves of information and it should be a liNE they look small I m using windows I would appreciate your help thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-drops-in-and-out-in-my-pc.1171867/
Relevancy 47.3%

my internet drops alll the time like every hour or so it will i got all my i u and every internet then can help have drops now always a log, pcs with windows we got hooked up to the internet and the wii with a meg conection with a motorola modem heres the event log from the modem Code Time Not Established Warning ToD request sent - No Response received internet always drops every now and then i have a log, can u help Time Not Established Critical DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Notice Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets Wed Jul Notice Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting Wed Jul Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Un Time Not Established Warning ToD request sent - No Response received Time Not Established Critical DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Notice Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets Wed Jul Notice Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting Wed Jul Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Un Time Not Established Warning ToD request sent - No Response received Time Not Established Critical DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Notice Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets Wed Jul Notice Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting Wed Jul Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Un Time Not Established Warning ToD request sent - No Response received Time Not Established Critical DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Notice Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets Wed Jul Notice Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting Wed Jul Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Un Time Not Established Warning ToD request sent - No Response received Time Not Established Critical DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Notice Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets Wed Jul Notice Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting Wed Jul Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Un Time Not Established Warning ToD request sent - No Response received Time Not Established Critical DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Notice Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets Wed Jul Notice Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting Wed Jul Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Un Time Not Established Warning ToD request sent - No Response received Time Not Established Critical DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Notice Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets Wed Jul Notice Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting Wed Jul Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Un Time Not Established Warning ToD request sent - No Response received Time Not Established Critical DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established Notice Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets Tue Jul Notice Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting Tue Jul Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Un Time Not Established Critical DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported Time Not Established Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out US Time Not Established N... Read more

A:internet always drops every now and then i have a log, can u help

Hi -

If 3 different PCs using both Ethernet & wifi are having the same problems -- contact your ISP re: the modem. I don't see this as a Windows 7 OS issue given the error messages from the modem itself.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-always-drops-every-now-and-then-i-have-a-log-can-u-help-501533.html
Relevancy 47.3%

When I used to use XP I could see a little yellow warning when it drops out Now with win all it shows is a little white wifi connection symbol and it says it's connected to the network How can I have a monitor to see if my internet is connected in win NOT JUST THE WIFI NETWORK internet see drops my I can out? How if These issues are really doing my head in I solve one problem and another pops up to slow me down for half a day looking for solutions I don't have a reliable connection any more it keeps dropping out but I How can I see if my internet drops out? have no idea when it does I need to know these things because if I'm half way through How can I see if my internet drops out? a forum message or email then when I press send I lose How can I see if my internet drops out? the lot and have to type it all over again after refreshing the browser I just need to know when it drops out so I can copy everything I've typed into the clipboard before I hit send

A:How can I see if my internet drops out?

Hi, it seems as though the system tray wireless icon is more an indicator of there being a Wifi signal to a router, and not an indicator of internet access. Thus if I disconnect my ADSL connection, there is no change in the icon, whereas if I switch off the router, a small * appears next to the icon. I did briefly see a yellow triangle next to it.

Not an answer, just an observation for now- is that what you see?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41515-how-can-i-see-if-my-internet-drops-out.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have 2 computers 1 running Vista and the other one is XP. They are both on the same desk plugged into the same DSL modem. I have no problems with the Vista machine. The one running XP drops the LAN / internet every 20 to 30 seconds. Have tried everything I can think of and can't get it to work correctly. Any help would be great.

A:Internet drops in and out

See if it works booted in Safe Mode with Networking, that would be my first test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-drops-in-and-out.833242/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Everyone My PC On Out Only One Internet Particular Drops computer Internet Drops Out Only On One Particular PC is on a direct connection with a docsis modem - with service provided by Comcast I had no problems with the internet for about a month after signing up with Comcast at Mbps Then out of no where the internet began to drop out whenever in use When the computer is connected to the internet and I am not actually using quot bandwidth quot the connection stays connected all day with no blips But when I try to access Youtube or some other site they demands bandwidth it drops out Comcast has sent out - Techs to troubleshoot the issue to no avail They have replaced the modem times the ethernet cable is that the right word has been replaced and Comcast cut holes into my walls to re-wire the entire building I just had a guy leave from Comcast and when he hooked up his laptop to this modem he had absolutely no problem Then he hooked up a router and we both used direct connect to get on the internet and as long as his computer was connected the signal was strong with no blips We removed his computer and the connection dropped within a few minutes Comcast says they have verified the integrity of all their equipment cables splitters main line ect I even tried backing up my machine and reformatting it and I still have the same issue I ve always been good about not getting virus or spyware I have no idea why only my PC won t stay connected to the internet Oh also the Comcast tech hooked up a meter to the cable line and he says when the internet drops out on my end that the cable signal is still strong with no blips When the modem goes out all the lights drop out and it has to re-identify then it comes back up for a few minutes only to spiral down and disconnect It s an endless cycle does anyone have any ideas Thank you for your time I live in an apartment and I have a usb adapter that allows me to get on the internet wirelessly The apartment I am at has a club house that offers free internet to people here who don t have it If I plug in my adapter I can get a signal from the club house s wireless and I can connect to that and I have no problems at all on the apartments club house internet only on my direct connect form my Comcast modem Help -StupidBEEPcomputer nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello
I have been losing internet occasionally with Comcast. I have called and they have done all they can except come to the house, which I will do.
However, I was reading their forum and someone said that turning on "clone mac address" has solve this problem.
I am not techy and am asking if this is recommended.
Thank you
Peter

A:internet drops off

a MAC address is a unique number/address assign to all devices, computers, phones exc. to identify them on a network. There shouldn't be two devices with the same MAC (think of the MAC address like your house address)
im not sure why someone would want to clone a MAC address other then hacking. How is your Network set-up? ---> Cable modem--->Wireless router----WiFi--- Laptop??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29926-internet-drops-off.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Posted this on a different site about a week ago any advice didn t help Oh boy This issue has me ready to put a hole through the wall Just starting a couple of days ago my internet started dropping about every - minutes The problem is only with this computer I have so often every Internet drops a laptop right next to me and it works fine no problem and two other PCs that don t have any issues so I don t think it is the router I have scanned my computer with different antivirus software and it s clean The computer is always connected with a full bars and says it has internet access but sometimes it drops and in order to get it up and running again I unplug the wireless adapter Internet drops every so often and plug it in again At first I thought it might have been the adapter so I swapped it out for a new one and I m still having the same problems My wireless is unencrypted This keeps happening over and over again and I am stumped on what to do Any advice would help Internet drops every so often a ton Thanks equipment WRT G linksys router belkin surf and share n adapter linksys ae adapter asus pci-e n windows home premium asus m a t-e motherboard AMD Athlon II quad core ghz gtx graphics card Things I ve done since that post changed channel on the router bought a PCI-E card and installed it still same exact problems updated the firmware on the router and made sure my drivers for the cards were up to date encrypted my wireless made sure power saving mode was off on the network Internet drops every so often adapters reinstalled windows booted up in safe mode with networking None of this has helped I have absolutely no clue what to do anymore If you could offer any help I d appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

my internet continually drops mostly in the mornings but goes drops internet out returns a minute or two later then drops and comes back repeatedly through out the day id did an ip config and here are the results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Fatboy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Fatboy-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List carolina rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix carolina rr com Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B -AC- F-FF-EB-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c b d e a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday October PM Lease Expires Monday October AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - -B -AC- F-FF-EB-C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap carolina rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix carolina rr com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - internet drops - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ca de a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ca de a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Fatboy gt nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Netcom wireless nfv4 modem on VDSL and my internet keeps dropping out I am using a TP-link av500 power line adapter so it could be that that is not working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-drops-out.1152597/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have the joys of having a problem with my internet dropping randomly. the odd thing is it's from my own PC, every other PC connected to the router don't seem to cause the problem.

I first thought it was a browser issue, but have since eliminated that as it happened using any browser on my PC.

I would love some help with this problem as it's totally annoying me

A:Internet drops

Are these PCs wireless or wired?

Also, to set a foundation for troubleshooting, do a network reset. Do not skip the waiting times.

Turn off every PC. Then unplug the router and the modem. Wait 10 seconds.

Plug in the modem. Wait 30 seconds.

Plug in the router. Wait 60 seconds.

Turn on the PCs and retest network operation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442934/internet-drops/
Relevancy 46.87%

A friend of mine is running Outlook Express on a DSL connection. He can surf and download just fine. When he enters OE and checks mail, after a minute or so, the internet connection goes dead. Any ideas?

A:OE drops internet connection

Check to make sure OE is not set to disconnect after send and receive.
Thats what it sounds like is happening.

In OE, Tools - Options - Connection.
Uncheck "hang up after sending and receiving"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oe-drops-internet-connection.178206/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

ok well i rebooted my computer coz of all the problems i was having previously and i am still having the same problem. I tested my internet connection with nothing else running at all and still my speed goes up and then drops right down. Do you think it could possibly have anything to do with the modem itself? Its a Speedtouch 3330

A:Internet speed drops

im sorry but what was the original problem?
what software or website did you visit to test the speed of your connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-drops.446685/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi My internet connection goes down ten minutes after I start up if I restart the computer I can reconnect for drops Internet a minutes few after another ten or so minutes before the browser stops working its the same with both Explorer and Firefox I have scanned my computer with Ad-Aware and AVG anti-virus my hijack this log is below Any help would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe Internet drops after a few minutes C WINDOWS system Internet drops after a few minutes Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DM Service exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I T EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Documents and Settings Daniel Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE LMVA Y HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www stuff co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA Flash... Read more

A:Internet drops after a few minutes

Is there software I can use to scan for whatever is doing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-drops-after-a-few-minutes.771814/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello this is my first time posting Drops Connection Internet I need help with some computer activity Normally I am pretty efficient at getting help before it becomes a problem however this time I was wrong Long story short I ran AVG and while in a hurry I simply clicked fix all and had it delete everything else running late for Internet Connection Drops class Now for the current problem sometimes my internet will work sometimes it won't I'll click on a page and have to refresh it or Internet Connection Drops times before it'll load properly I'll be on AIM and within a few seconds I'll have been disconnected yet won't know it for a few minutes AVG won't update and says that a bin file is missing I'm not sure what to do about all of this so here I am The viruses trojans hadn't affected the normal function of the computer or at least hadn't yet and has only happened after I ran this last thorough scan DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Daniel at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Outdated AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Outdated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbxmon exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system dlbxcoms exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgupd exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Daniel Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp www yahoo com search ie html mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO ... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

I'm now on vacation at my mum, internet connection: 10Mbit/10Mbit, for a couple of months and therefore I have my desktop computer with me. After a couple of minutes downloading at 1,1 MB/s the speed drops below 100 kB/s, and won't return to normal speed until I restart the computer and the same thing happens again. I didn't have this problem at my house, internet connection: 5Mbit/1Mbit, it occurred when I got here. I have also reinstalled windows 7, but no change.
I'm connected to a router, Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT v24-sp2, with a Siemens Gigaset usb stick 54. I have restarted, and cleared the router, but no change.
My brother's laptop running vista is fine, full download speed all the way, and on his desktop computer with win 7, full speed there also.

So my download speed drops to 10%, and upload to about 50& after some time.
Any suggestions??

A:Internet speed drops, win 7

Quote: Originally Posted by Mizzhell

I'm now on vacation at my mum, internet connection: 10Mbit/10Mbit, for a couple of months and therefore I have my desktop computer with me. After a couple of minutes downloading at 1,1 MB/s the speed drops below 100 kB/s, and won't return to normal speed until I restart the computer and the same thing happens again. I didn't have this problem at my house, internet connection: 5Mbit/1Mbit, it occurred when I got here. I have also reinstalled windows 7, but no change.
I'm connected to a router, Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT v24-sp2, with a Siemens Gigaset usb stick 54. I have restarted, and cleared the router, but no change.
My brother's laptop running vista is fine, full download speed all the way, and on his desktop computer with win 7, full speed there also.

So my download speed drops to 10%, and upload to about 50& after some time.
Any suggestions??

I will bet you are running "homegroup". It has connectivity issues on some mixed systems. You can verify it is the problem by setting up a new network connection using workgroup instead. If it fixes the problem you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.

Let us know if you need help with this

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88623-internet-speed-drops-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Siemans Gigaset SE567 Router, and have had the issue of constant ip conflicts in my network when my uncles laptop would come out of sleep mode and the such. I would simply reset the router and things would be fine, however two days ago my internet has been constantly going out (My computer is wired) And all the wireless computers keep dropping connection too, I figured it was a bad computer on the network having a conflict so I turned off the wireless feature on my router.
It seems to be working pretty well now, I only noticed the internet has gone down once. However I only did this a hour ago so im not sure if the problem will continue.

How can I fix this issue? I've already reset router to factory defaults but with wireless on the internet drops itself every 15 seconds.

PS I have DSL

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I've been having this problem for a while now. My internet connection just drops randomly and then comes back on in a few seconds. It has been occurring more frequently since a couple months ago.

I'm running windows xp, have a d-link router, at&t as my isp.

Im a gamer so this is really a bothersome thing. I noticed it started to occur when I had some spyware issues, I believe it was megatoolbar or something like that. I have gotten rid of it though. Is that maybe still the problem?

Relevancy 46.87%

I don't know why but my computer keeps dropping out of the Internet, sometimes it lasts for hour sometimes for only minutes. It simply losses the connection. The only symptom I get is the blue box edges and toolbar flash to a cream colour for a second then go back to blue.

I can't simply use the DSL connection to reconnect it doesn't respond so I have to reboot.

A:Computer drops out of Internet

Please provide some more details..
How are you set up? router, wireless, modem, usb etc?
Do you run a network with more than 1 PC?
what is your provider? have you checked to see if they have some problem in their network?

Do you have Norton I.Sec or any firewall installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-drops-out-of-internet.60103/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just spent an hour reading posts and don t see my situation addressed so here goes-- We had a year old Motorola surfboard a year old Netgear router and a new Buffalo router for a wireless access point We began having to power down the router every time we wanted to get on the internet Charter cable provider Win XP In Dec we decided to replace the cable modem and the router We enjoyed a blissful one and a half months of no dropped signal Were so sure everything was fixed Now the problem has started again--having to power down before connection will happen All of the hardware lights will look normal and the laptop icon will say quot signal strength excellent connected quot but neither the wired nor the wireless computer can connect to the internet It still drops hardware--internet New seems that once we power down and are able to connect the internet isn t dropped so far It s happening after we shut down computers for the day then try to get back on the next day Do we need to call the Charter tech Is the ethernet cable between the host pc and the modem going bad New hardware--internet still drops No idea how old it New hardware--internet still drops is nbsp

A:New hardware--internet still drops

When I do the "repair my connection" utility, it thinks I have a connection when I really don't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hardware-internet-still-drops.904447/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all I hope anyone can help me with this problem since it starting to get really frustrating when playing games My internet started dropping at exactly minute intervals since days now Most minutes every to Internet 30 :< 15 drops of today the intervals arn't at exactly minutes anymore but sometimes with a half our interval and few times exactly hour In the windows event viewer i see regular warning messages at the times the disconnects happen with the message Name resolution for the name randomadreshere timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Though this error does not show for every disconnect i am having What steps did i try Take the power of the modem and router for secconds plug modem back in wait til its fully booted Then do the same for the router and lastly the pc Contact my ISP they told me they looked at the modem and did not see downtime with the intervals i described and refused to help me any further Told me to contact cisco because i use their router Did a firmware update on the router this also put it back to standard settings so thats things in one go Then a friend told me to try and do this in cmd ipconfig release Internet drops every 15 to 30 minutes :< ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns Additional information Modemtype unknown will need to look it up standard from the ISP Routertype Cisco linksys e Computer is running windows I'm on a wired Internet drops every 15 to 30 minutes :< connection All the 'solutions' didnt do a thing and i have ran out of idea's I really hope anyone on this forum can help me since Internet drops every 15 to 30 minutes :< i need to have a stable connection this sunday evening for a game If not i will have to dissapoint a few friends sadly again English is not my main language so if i need to explain something better please tell

A:Internet drops every 15 to 30 minutes :<

Kiwi1990, Welcome to BC Forums!  Have you tried downloading & installing a Ethernet driver on your computer? Your OEM likely has the latest one for your computer. Drivers, like any other software, can get corrupted.  We need more information about your computer, so please follow these instructions to post your specs.  [LIST][*]Go to [url=http://www.piriform.com/speccy]Piriform's website[/url], and click the big button.[/*][*]Next, click [url=http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard]Download from Piriform.com[/url] (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.[/*][*]You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.[/*][*]After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.[/*][*]Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):[/*][*]Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot[/*][*]You will see the following prompt:[/*][*]Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard[/*][*]Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.[/*][*]Congrats! You have just posted your specs![/*][/LIST] Looking forward to your reply. Cat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539254/internet-drops-every-15-to-30-minutes/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Netgear MR814v2 wireless router, and ever since i upgraded to the new firmware 5.3 my internet connection drop very frequently. Without the router my connection seems to work perfectly fine. Is there a way i can downgrade my firmware back to how it was before? I have tried factory resetting it, but it is still the 5.3 firmware. what can i do to downgrade it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops.860637/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Windows 8 X64 and have a motorola modem with belkin n750 router. When I set it up the router light was solid blue and all modems lights worked. I had the internet working perfectly. My problem was when I went to sleep or turned off the computer. When I tried to turn it back on the internet would work sometimes and other times it would say no internet connection. If I unplugged the router and just connected the modem to the computer I got a connection again. I even tried router management which did not help. I finally found something on the windows website that fixed it but forgot what it was, some kind of troubleshooter. I think I read somewhere that belkin router management is not compatible with windows 8. Right now I can get the internet wired but no router. Does anybody have any ideas what is causing this?

A:Windows 8 drops internet

Originally Posted by bha19

I have Windows 8 X64 and have a motorola modem with belkin n750 router. When I set it up the router light was solid blue and all modems lights worked. I had the internet working perfectly. My problem was when I went to sleep or turned off the computer. When I tried to turn it back on the internet would work sometimes and other times it would say no internet connection. If I unplugged the router and just connected the modem to the computer I got a connection again. I even tried router management which did not help. I finally found something on the windows website that fixed it but forgot what it was, some kind of troubleshooter. I think I read somewhere that belkin router management is not compatible with windows 8. Right now I can get the internet wired but no router. Does anybody have any ideas what is causing this?

I would require the model number of your Motorola modem to make sure it's just a modem and not a modem/router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25840-windows-8-drops-internet.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Background Hi I am empoyed by a small PD and we can t afford a dedicated IT staff I have taken on the role of an IT guy but have no real expertise in the field We have a server a Netgear FS T and about a dozen wired computers Every computer loses the internet sporadically This issue has been present for almost a year and I have not been able to figure it out despite hours and hours of research One network person I spoke to over the phone told me to buy a new network switch and see if it corrects it as it would be cheaper to do that than to hire him scary The FS T is at least years old or so and has never been properly maintained We have a static DSL connection off all drops minutes on pcs Internet few every and our ISP Internet drops off every few minutes on all pcs sent out a tech to look into the issue I was not present Internet drops off every few minutes on all pcs when the tech Internet drops off every few minutes on all pcs came but have been told that the technician reported the problem was not on their end rather it was on our end The internet drop offs are getting to be more and more frequent It used to be around every minutes or so now it seems about every All computers on the network are affected by the internet drop off The server is running Microsoft Windows Server Standard Edition service pack All of the PC s are running Microsoft Windows XP Pro some Sp some sp ipconfig all on Server Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PDServerNew Primary Dns Suffix Jarvis com Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled Yes DNS Suffix Search List Jarvis com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Server Adapter Physical Address - B- - B- - DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO CT Network Connection Physical Address - - - -EB-F DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers ipconfig all on workstation while internet was present C Documents and Settings desk JARVIS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name desk Primary Dns Suffix Jarvis com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Jarvis com jarvis com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix jarvis com Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - B-A -F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Lease Obtained Saturday October Lease Expires Sunday October If anyone can provide me some guidance or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated Thank you John nbsp

A:Internet drops off every few minutes on all pcs

So, "Server" is acting as the Dhcp server and DNS server for your network, right? But, internet access is through another machine or router with IP 10.0.0.50? Is that a router or computer? If a PC, please show its ipconfig /all.

What is 192.168.0.1 and what is its role in your network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-drops-off-every-few-minutes-on-all-pcs.758155/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, so basically ever since I got my laptop, every other month, my internet becomes limited or just completely drops out. However, I am sure it's not my broadband because my other electronics' internet seem to work well.  It says that my driver is alright so I don't really know the problem. Also, sometimes the internet just randomly switches to ethernet. I just don't know what to do. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!

A:internet drops out all the time

anonymous14 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about the Internet dropping and wanted to help. I presume you are using WiFi because you mentioned your PC switching to Ethernet, so here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and InternetGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/internet-drops-out-all-the-time/td-p/5591535
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently upgraded to a newer Dell PC to replace an ancient one in my home I have to resolve - drops can't out Internet seem a comcast cable modem hooked up to a Netgear N Dual Band Gigabit Router router I have several Internet drops out - can't seem to resolve computers operating in my home some wired some wireless - without any problems That would lead me to believe that the Internet drops out - can't seem to resolve router is not the issue The newer Dell PC running XP is hard wired to the router via ethernet CAT and this same set-up had no issues at all with the old PC While surfing the internet I will lose internet connection always Sometimes after minutes - sometimes an hour The staus at the bottom says quot Connected quot but nothing is happening I have tried many things to resolve reboot router disable enable internet connection disable enable Broadcom Controller change internet setting etc but the only way to recover is reboot the computer It makes be think that it is a Windows software issue or possible a faulty Network adpater although the lights on the card are all good After a reboot all works well and the internet connection is fast and flawless for a period of time before it inevitably fails The PC has a Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller and I have loaded the latest drivers The lights on back indicate that the connection is good Can someone help - I would greatly appreciate it BTW if the browser is open and not being used the connection will be good for hours without issue Only after surfing will it eventually fail Also I turned the Firewall off and it made no difference

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421598/internet-drops-out-cant-seem-to-resolve/
Relevancy 46.87%

So the best way to explain this is if im on the internet i wont really notice it because it happens so fast and im on the page also its wireless internet If i play for example league of legends il be fine then il be reconnecting then im back but the reason im reconnecting is because my connection dropped for a second IF i open say an online game and i then second a connects drops always for Internet open a stream watching someone Either the stream will turn off or the game will disconnect or ill get kicked from Internet always drops for a second then connects both Ive gone into command prompt and done ping google com and stuff sometimes its perfect then i do it again it misses with time out then i do again its perfect then Internet always drops for a second then connects again time out again time out then perfect its really annoying I recently started playing a new game and il be running then disconnect from the servers because my connection dropped for a second and ive rang bt and stuff have new hubs switch phone lines replaced filters still dont know whats going on IT happens so fast sometimes it doesnt even effect me but for games where you get instant disconnect when your connection drops thats where it is painful nbsp

A:Internet always drops for a second then connects

have you tried updating the driver at all - whats the make and model of the PC
goto device manager an post back the network adapters - see below
also lets see an xirrus screen shot - in case its interference -see below

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if this does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb
In the Start Search box type
device manager and then press enter

-------------------

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
----
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Win... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-always-drops-for-a-second-then-connects.1074927/
Relevancy 46.87%

I've had these problems for a while and I haven't found anything that works to fix them. I believe they started after installing SP2 several months back.

After a period of about 15 - 45 minutes of downloading and uploading, my network connection drops out, and the only thing that brings it back is restarting the computer. It happens about twice a day, and I've tried everything I can think of to bring it back without restarting. I can only assume it's a setting somewhere I don't know about.

Another problem that is less frequent, but equally frustrating, is that my computer will occasionally reset itself when downloading files from a P2P network, or when doing online gaming. It's never done it through regular browser downloading. THere is no warning or software crashing, just a quick reset like I'd hit the button myself.

ANy help is greatly appreciated!

A:Internet drops until restart!

Hi and Welcome to TSF

We are not here to pass judgment on file-sharing as a concept. However, we will warn you that engaging in this activity and having this kind of software installed on your machine will always make you more susceptible to infections. It is most likely contributing to your current situation. We do not support P2P file sharing.

Quote:

Another problem that is less frequent, but equally frustrating, is that my computer will occasionally reset itself when downloading files from a P2P network, or when doing online gaming.

Plz look over the First Steps at Removing Malware , using P2P file sharing may have gotten you all riddled up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-drops-until-restart-116813.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I ve seen this around a lot nowadays many people are having the same problem as me I keep dropping internet connection Sometimes I have to reset my modem and sometimes internet stops for a few seconds and comes back on almost slows down I ve called comcast earlier too drops frequently!! Internet way today but as always they never fix the problems The operator reset the router from there and it looked like things changed but I still drop Internet drops way too frequently!! connection Anyways here are specs of my Internet drops way too frequently!! modem Software Version SB - -SCM -NOSH Hardware Version MIB Version II GUI Version VxWorks Version my signal at the momment Downstream Frequency Hz Signal to Noise Ratio dB QAM QAM Network Access Control Object ON Power Level dBmV was before comcast reset my router moves from - Upstream Channel ID Frequency Hz Ranging Service ID Symbol Rate Msym s Power Level dBmV moves from - My logs are a bit different now I think because comcast did something from their place something changed but connection still drops but havnt gotten a -critical notice since then - - -Information DS multicast is not mapped to SAID - - -Information B Map Reject - Downstream Traffic Flow Not Mapped to BPI SAID - - -Information B SA Map State Machine Started - - -Information SNMP Working in SNMP V c Only NmAccess mode - - -Information INITIALIZATION COMPLETE - MODEM IS OPERATIONAL - - -Information B Authorized - - -Information SEC Co-Signer CVC from configuration file was verified - - -Information REGISTRATION COMPLETE - Waiting for Operational status - - -Information REG Capability type lt gt isn t supported by CMTS - - -Information Registration file - downloaded - - -Information Trying to download Configuration file - - -Information Time of day - retrieved - - -Information DHCP - parameters acquired - - -Information DHCP ACK Setting CM TFTP Boot file d m sb bronze c cm - - -Information DHCP Setting CM IP address to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Syslog Server address to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Time Server address to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Subnet mask to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Gateway address to - - -Information DHCP OFFER Setting CM TFTP Boot file d m sb bronze c cm PLEASE help me it s really getting annoying now if u need more info on something ask away nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

hello,
my problem is that i put win7 ultimate 64-bit on my computer after i had xp..so , my problem is that every half an hour my internet connection drops and it get back after 10-20 seconds..on xp smething that never happened..it really annoys me when i play some multiplayer games, s oif someone could help me.ty

regards,
sek1

A:my internet drops every single while

Welcome to SF,

First thing to do is download the latest driver from the Manufacturer's site, then uninstall your network adapter from Device Manager, then manually install the latest driver.

Please post back if that helped or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196323-my-internet-drops-every-single-while.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
I have recently got a laptop with Vista Home Premium.When on line I constantly get a message to say that Explorer is closing,and then returning to the tab I was on.I have just installed W7 Upgrade and the same thing happens. I have looked at Windows Defender expecting that this is at the root of the problem,but whatever I do I cannot get rid of this problem.It drives me nuts! Could someone please advise me as to how I can overcome this.
Thank you

A:Internet Explorer drops out

Quote:

Originally Posted by crasher

Hi,
I have recently got a laptop with Vista Home Premium.When on line I constantly get a message to say that Explorer is closing,and then returning to the tab I was on.I have just installed W7 Upgrade and the same thing happens. I have looked at Windows Defender expecting that this is at the root of the problem,but whatever I do I cannot get rid of this problem.It drives me nuts! Could someone please advise me as to how I can overcome this.
Thank you

You should not have done the upgrade while having any computer problems however, you may be able to fix it by going to control panel to internet options, select the advanced tab and click RESET. This is usually caused by an internet explorer addon.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-explorer-drops-out-427175.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Could someone please take a look at my HJT log I think I got infected with tcpipmon exe about a week back I followed instructions to get rid of it and since then my internet connection crashes after about or minutes of starting up the computer This happens every time I reboot I looked at my network connections and it shows it all to be fine MSN messenger and my email client both continue to work ok I tried mozilla firefox but it was exactly the same result I confess to having a go myself and have ran smitfraud fix connection Internet out drops and vundo fixes I have ran various spyware scans but they don t show anything resembling a problem to cause this I would be eternally Internet connection drops out grateful for someone to take a look at the attached HJT log and tell me if they see anything that shouldn t be there I m resisting the temptation to dabble further until someone has an expert look thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost Internet connection drops out exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Internet connection drops out Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files X X FileMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files MSN Messenger livecall exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Documents and Settings Ian Spain Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quo... Read more

A:Internet connection drops out

ok....im desperate for some sort of reply. Not certain of the protocol but could someone please please either take a look at my HJT log, or just let me know if it has been looked at, is going to be, or I am just slipping down the forum, lost in a miriad of problems?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-out.574197/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I am new to your forums but from what I read on various topics I can see some smart peeps are here to help...I have seen some threads on my issue but I am super new to computers. I can not get connection to the net but the globe in the bottom right is on so it seems I have connection. My lights are blinking on my Cable Modem as well. I have tried to unplug and reset the modem as well but that did not help. My Internet was working fine until about 1 week ago. The Comcast Cable guy came out and stated everything is ok with my line. Reasons why my connection is not working stated at least in Vista is DNS error or can't connect to ISP...I know this has happened alot but has anyone fixed it?

Specs:
Vista 64 Home prem. x64 SP1

A:Internet Drops not Connection now

Turn off the computer. Plug modem and router for 20 minutes. Turn on router and let it cycle for 5 minutes. Turn on router and let it cycle for 5 minutes. Turn on computer.

start
in the search box type CMD and hit OK
In black box, type IPconfig/all and see if your DNS servers are listed.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/158720-internet-drops-not-connection-now.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone Thank you for letting me join I hope I can receive some help or guidance from you all Recently I bought a brand new laptop MSI GS It has a Killer Network Adapter for WIFI When I am playing games League of Legends or any other I occasionally get high ping What I mean is that my internet actually drops for - seconds Than comes back and it does this sometimes once every intervals. 30 Internet second drops for couple hours Internet drops for 30 second intervals. or sometimes times in minutes It is really quite frustrating I thought at first it was these ethernet drivers from this Killer Network Adapter It doesn t seem to be the case though My father is on the WIFI and he gets the same drops It drops me from skype games web browsing It never happened prior to me getting this laptop I have updated latest drivers reinstalled games opened ports Changed WIFI channels Updated Firmware I am using windows gigs ddr gtx m SSD regular HDD The router is Netgear Mbps WGR -v VC Also when I directly plug into my router my laptop will NOT recognize direct connection If I turn off WIFI it just assumes it has no internet even though I am directly plugged in When I go to Device manager and look at Network Adapters I have things listed under there Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Killer Wireless N network adapter Than I have WAN MINIPORT IKEv IP IPv L TP Network Moniter PPOE PPTP SSTP I have ran multiple speed tests and they don t see to fluctuate if I m on Channel I ran the speedtest at - Mbps Download upload is Ping is ms Any ideas what s going on or how I can fix this Do you think the router is going bad nbsp

A:Internet drops for 30 second intervals.

Have you considered that maybe your ISP is the problem? Or maybe the wires are grounded or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-drops-for-30-second-intervals.1119873/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey sorry if I mess something up I m new anyway for most of the day my internet has this pattern of dropping out seconds ten internet five drops to every for half a second or longer every few seconds This happens on all my devices and the router is only three months old I ve phoned my provider and they seem to think every five to ten seconds internet drops that I m overloading my internet but that can t be the case as the disconnections are independent to the times that I m using it Every once in a while more rarely it drops out completely maybe for a minute or two to fifteen or so minutes which I could understand as overloading it though I still don t think it is but there s no way to explain these smaller drops in my internet I ve attached a picture of me pinging google which shows the random delays in response My plan s download speed should be mbps Thank you very much for the help nbsp

A:every five to ten seconds internet drops

Make and model of router
make and model of modem
make and model of computer
are you connecting by wired or wireless??
does it matter wired or wireless on connection dropout?
Whos your ISP??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-five-to-ten-seconds-internet-drops.1122628/