Windows Support Forum

admin tools/ event viewer???

Q: admin tools/ event viewer???

i just found a tip too review the lastest errors that my computer has encountered............ in dealing with all the mess that i've had troubles.... e.g. (mo money(psu)......... mo problems)

anyways... i have about 5 thousand system and application records in the event viewer......... everything from service control manager to save dump to DCOM and workstation errors.......................................................................................................all of which i'm clueless

is that many errors normal...........

oh and they all range within a few days.......... usually only mere seconds apart

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: admin tools/ event viewer???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: admin tools/ event viewer???

Fortunately, not all errors in the Event Viewer (EV) are real problems. Actually, many are not problems at all. You can adjust the size of the records that are being held in the EV by right-clicking either Application, Security or System and selecting Properties. You can set the size of each file to keep or clear.
Relevancy 27.95%

I sometimes wonder about techs using tools such as Seatools, HDD regenerator etc to diagnose/repair hard drives. Do any of these tools beat Chkdsk in any way?
(besides data recovery tools, I guess those have no match in Windows).

Thank you

A:Do you need more than Windows default tools to check/repair a hard drive?

IMO, always use the tool provided by the vender. At the time you need this tool, you don't need a 3rd party screw-up to 'help you' really mess it up.
Relevancy 25.37%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!
Relevancy 26.23%

How serious is this? I'm running on a Dell laptop with a Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

It is saying that I should back up all of my important files because of possible hard drive failure.

PLEASE HELP? I don't know how to fix this because I don't know what it means.

A:Hard drive is reporting a Smart Event error message

It telling you your hard drive is on its way out. You can try running a check disk and see if that helps. But to be on the safe side you should back up your personal files.
Relevancy 27.95%

My computer battery was replaced by a family member and when I boot up my PC which took about 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds. I noticed that the 2 harddrives were displayed in the bios as raid drives. The 2 harddrives are SATA. However in Windows when I right click on My Computer and select Manage then Device Manager they appear as NTFS format.

I sure that this configuration has something to do with response.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to restore my raid drive back to 2 harddrives under NTFS without loosing my data. I would prefer a software tool or a step by step solution since I am not comfortable with manually making changes to computer settings.
Thank you for your advice in advance to this frustrating problem
Ntracs (Joe)
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Dell Studio 1737 Windows Vista Home 64 Service Pack 2. All of my drivers are up to date and I have the most recent BIOS.

I get this error message in my event viewer a couple of time an hour:

Source: ACPI
Event ID: 13

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Also, when my computer is unplugged from the AC and running on battery power the system lags a lot and after about 15 minutes its turns off without warning.

I feel like this is all connected. Any advice?

Thank you!

A:ACPI error Event ID 13

This could be caused by a failing hard drive
Relevancy 28.81%

I think its the program that started up automatically one day shortly after I got this W7 on 12/23/12. Like most pop ups, I quickly X'd out of it not knowing what it was.
The second time it happened, I let it go & it showed 100% ok. I think that was in January & I haven't seen it pop up since but if it has & it finished & disappeared on its own,ok.
Anyhow, I think I relocated it manually & Alerts was blinking. I clicked on it & saw this.

I think the Freedom Scientific Mirror thing is the program the original owner asked me for & I asked in here. I can't fing the thread thou.
The "Unknown Device" is just that, unknown.
Any suggestions? Or just leave it alone?

A:Hardware diagnostics tools

You might what to uninstall the Freedom Scientific Mirror display Driver, If it applies to nothing you are using, This may or may not take care of the unknown device problem at the same time. As far as the HP hardware diagnostic program. This is just a software tool Hp installs in there software to alert you of problems. Have it in my computer to. Have never really used it though.
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello Everyone errors event DNS client I m have a problem on my newer computer that I would like DNS client event errors to know if anyone could give me hand trying to figure out DNS client event errors Now this is not an error that is preventing the computer from working But I get an error in the Event viewer constantly Just makes me think that there is something wrong Error is as follows Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Location quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Like I said earlier If anyone can give me a hand with this I would greatly appreciate it Also Im sorry if I m posting this in the wrong Forum Topic Wasn t sure what sub topic I was supposed to put it under Thanks nbsp

A:DNS client event errors

Easiest approach is to delete the host file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc contains hosts

you need ADMIN privileges
First stop the client by getting a cmd prompt and enter net stop "dns client" (exactly as shown)
now cd to \windows\system32\drivers\etc

del hosts
then recreate it using echo "" >hosts
(that is two consecutive double-quotes without anything between)

now you should clear the event viewer log containing the error and follow up with
net start "dns client"
Relevancy 28.81%

My hp tools drive is full there is nothing but a whole bunch of files that I can't open and I can't delete but I keep getting this system message saying that it is full and I don't know what to do or if I should use a program like CCleaner to wipe the drive. I think it may have infor for system recovery but there is also a drive and my that says Recovery so I could be wrong I'm just very confused about this right now.

A:HP Tools drive E Windows 7 full

This HP Tools partition is not meant to be accessed outside of the HP Utilities. You can delete the E partition to gain hard drive space, but like I said the E drive is only accessed when you enable the appropriate HP Utility. You should also see a Recovery partition
Relevancy 23.65%

I have someone who is experiencing random connection problems on the clients such as slow or no connections to mapped network shares. Event id 10009 keeps being recorded in the domain controller logs.

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MARK-PC.pmc.local using any of the configured protocols.

It has a range of different computer names within the same events. As far as DCOM is configured it's only setup to use TCP-IP.

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard FE
System type: 64-bit Operating System

24 XP Pro
2 Vista Pro
2 Vista Home (should they be using home in an environment like this?)

I have attached the last 256 logs from Application & System as of yesterday evening at around 5pm'ish. I've checked again this morning and looks like the same error has already been re-occurring.

Can anyone give me any suggestion as to where to go with this?

A:Event ID: 10009 DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computer name>

Extra Info

Sorry I forgot to also mention that the server is acting as a DHCP server and that there router has had DHCP disabled. Client PC'S are set to local static IP'S and are not actually set to obtain if this has any variance.

Thanks, David
Relevancy 54.61%

I d posted in another part of techspot about a problem that it finally turned out was a slowly very slowly dying hard disk that I d had as my D drive for data and documents etc on an XP SP system gig memory Pentium GHz Not wanting to again be so vulnerable to losing my data I thought I d try a RAID configuration I went cheap yes in event viewer errors on copies RAID large and often a mistake I know with an Addonics ADSA PCI controller card that supported software RAID Once I got past the bad documentation - the installation guide started with the driver installation then the next step said quot do this part first if you re configuring RAID RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer quot and described a procedure where several things were to be installed BEFORE the card was - things never really got going smoothly I got RAID running and thought that for sake of ease I d just copy my data roughly gigs from the single drive that had it to the new RAID setup The old drive I had relettered to Q and the new array was D this was done before I configured RAID and formatted the new drives So I went to Q and selected all highlighting all top-level files and folders and their subcontents copied then went to D and pasted Every time I tried this within - minutes I d have a BSOD either a kernel stack or a kernel data inpage error The time it seemed to work best I d moved about gigs in some files So is that a problem with the RAID or with Windows and its copy function Obviously I don t typically copy that much data using copy and paste but I ve done it before without problems Ultimately I used an image of my data and restored that image onto D and all worked well And the computer has been stable now for almost hours since all this happened There ve been two exceptions One was that twice on restart XP has launched chkdsk on C my boot drive not the RAIDed data drive The first time this happened I d had to do a force restart after a lockup on a mass copy attempt so I could have accepted this becuase of the abnormal ending The second time though was after a smooth Windows restart that I did when installing some Windows updates a NET service pack that had been pushed to me after I had to install NET as part of the required RAID utility package that came with the controller card Since I m almost never asked to run chkdsk and when I am I usually understand why this bothers me The other is that I have gotten several event viewer errors related to the new RAID array A few were at a time when I had restarted Windows smooth and normal Windows restart and it went to the login screen fine and stayed that way overnight Others have occurred invisible to me when I m on the PC Here s the most recent one Event Type Error Event Source SiSRaid Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer XP Description The device Device Scsi SiSRaid did not respond within the timeout period For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data f h c a Is this stuff normal Should I be worried Pre-RAID I d go weeks usually but often months with no errors ever in my event viewer nbsp

A:RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer

So I went to Q:\ and selected all (highlighting all top-level files and folders, and their subcontents), copied, then went to D:\ and pasted.Click to expand...

Ouch! The technique of copy/paste is more likely to cause issues than anything else, especially on large size transfers.

Empty the Raid target
Select the top-level-folders
drag-n-drop onto the Raid Drive letter
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try )

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any hardware diagnotic tools kit that can be used to diagnose laptop hardware problems.

Any help and advise will be greatly appriciated.

A:Diagnostic Tools

Any Diag software might cost $$

Hi Patrick.....I have often wished for the same, a nice Analyze tool
that pops up and says....YYYYY is a problem.
The Free tools out there don't fix the problem unless you willing to
put your Visa card on the line.
As the old saying goes "nothing good in life is free". Having said that
I put down $100.00 for 1 years of support with I-YOGI
this is an outfit in India of course that
can look for YOUR specific problems with Windows and related problems, I assume your running Windows?.

If you have a HighSpeed DSL connection they can connect to your PC remotely and
look at your problem or problems. You can actually watch them on your PC as they take
over your mouse and keyboard. I just watched them, jotted down on paper what directories they went into and they fixed the problem. I had a corrupted Register.
I was very satisified with them. The language barrier is a challange but they do
try to please you and those dudes know Windows......Ron
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, everyone
I have an serious problem, ive buy an hp 6730B on ebay but when i want to upgrade the bios, my computer wants an administrator password for the flash.
The seller told me he have maybe do an error of typing, beacause his password don't work.
this computer is an compaq 6730B
S/n : CNU8466GNS
P/n : GB987ET#ABF
Service tag : C6730bUP8400W5X16GIBNNF20Qa

Thank you

A:HP 6730B bios admin password problem

I asked for the same problem in this forum but my threat was deleted with the suggestion to read the Forum FAQs.
I read them but I didn't find why they did it. So I want repeat the question adding it to the yours one:

HP CompaQ nx9005
hash code [ 15656]
I need the system password

I wrote and I just wrote again at the hp forum about it whitout any help, and the hp chat doesn't start because of a bag (I'm not the only one having this problem).

I read all messages of the reference topic about the same problem (as suggested) but I didn't find my needs.
I think I will have to ask about it a lot of time. Hope to find someone who can help me.
Relevancy 54.61%

I m looking for some help please My computer was giving New of event HDD/XP lots gets stuck errors booting, viewer me lots of BSOD slowed stuck bootups and errors originated New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors from Device Harddisk D in my event viewer My hard drive failed generic long tests and had bad clusters so I got a new hard drive installed it New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors with XP and it was fine for a week Then my computer would boot New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors to a blank screen and wouldn t boot in safe mode So I yesterday reinstalled XP again and now it s staying on the XP loading screen but never actually loading Safe boot got stuck as soon as I went into event viewer I managed to get it to start up normally just now and I am seeing these errors in event viewer -Error event ID The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D -Warning event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation -Error event ID The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning That same error repeats only instead of DHiverCP NetBios it s DNS Client TCP IP Protocol Driver and IPSEC -Error event The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Aavmker AFD AmdK AsIO asuskbnt aswSP aswTdi Fips IPSec MRxSmb NetBIOS NetBT ohci RasAcd Rdbss Tcpip Does this appear to be a hardware issue or is there a problem with the copy of Windows I obtained I m so frustrated I almost want to buy a premade from Dell and forget about it My current system specs Asus M N-SLI Deluxe mobo AMD Athlon X GB Corsair -Pin DDR SDRAM Please help nbsp

A:New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors

It appears that you have a nice system, if you can get it back to normal.
We have to suspect other hardware, since two hard drives have similar symptoms... but you may have copied evil stuff from the one drive to the other. How did you transfer files? Or an infestation.
What did you use to scan your system for virus and spyware infestations?
Have you carefully checked your cables... or even tried replacing them temporarily?
Examine all sockets for dirt and debris, and clean your system thoroughly but carefully.
You may need to rule out some things that do not seem part of the problem... as it may be a long and slow process to figger out where the problem is... I would start, if the drive will work well enough, by running MemTest86 for four hours or seven passes, which ever is longer... or removing half the memory to test the other half, then switching.
We always suspect the cables first. They can fail and look good.
Any defective hardware part can cause problems elsewhere if the conditions are right... so I would begin by making a check list, then trading out everything on the list... video card, modem even if not used, ethernet connection or software, .
I would also try another drive and cable... any other drive, even using the first drive, fully reformatted and reinstalled with Windows and basic software....
Windows will not normally cause these of problem, but if you have scratches or smudges that would make it difficult to read, then you could theoretically introduce errors... unlikely though that is.
You could have an optical drive error that is not seeing the software properly.
But it is also possible that your Asus board, good as it is, has a defect.
Relevancy 26.23%

OK, my subject line might sound cryptic! Here is my set up: first router (main) is connected to the cable modem and provides std addresses as (base is etc. I have a second router (same brand) as a gateway connected to my main. This second router base address is and all that are connected to this one have manually provided IP addresses (such as, etc). The main one provides WIFI access as for the second one do not.

Now my question: from my laptop who uses the WIFI network, how can I reach or connect to the other network (the one that is managed with the router with the address? The purpose? I would like to access the computer connected to it as if they were part of the WIFIed network. And be able to access the router management page. Any clue?

A:Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

first some basics;

examine the router (the box itself). everything attached to a LAN slot will default to
routing upwards using the WAN slot -- that's a big clue as to what the routing tables looks like.

second; to manage the configuration of a specific router:
a) WIRE a system directly to it
b) login to the router config page using the current router's ip-address

if your network is

then a system attached to routerX will route upward to router(X-1) and NOT downward to router(X+1)

if you wish to have ALL systems (wired and wireless) see and share with each other, then you have too many distinct address.
Leave router#1 as is. disconnect router#2 from #1 and wire router#1 to a LAN port on router#2, leaving its WAN port empty. Log into router#2 and disable DHCP.

Now do the same for the wire from #2-->#3 and disable#3 DHCP.

All systems (wired or WiFi) will get ip-assignments from router#1 and will be able to
ping and share files.
Relevancy 29.24%

Lets use this thread to make a list of usefull tools which overclockers use.

Prime 95- Cpu and memory stability test
Memtest- Memory Stability
HD tune- hard drive benchmark
Everest- Multifunction hardware analysis. Great memory benchmark.
Sis Soft Sandra- Multifunction hardware analysis
Core Temp- CPU temperature (measures top of die, unlike other monitors)
CPU Z- reports cpu and ram speeds.
GPU Z- for graphics card speed reporting.
Memset- For advanced ram timing and subtiming tweaking.

Open for suggestions.

A:Tools for the Overclocker

I suggest 3dmark06 as well for a late machine. I've personally gotten through prime95 and some other programs fine, gone through 3dmark06 and bsod.
Relevancy 27.52%

I purchased a Dell Latitude C C model PP L at the Salvation Army s outlet store I can not access any drives CD Hard-drive floppy-drive nor can I access CMOS-Setup I simply receive a Message quot quot This computer system WJP - B tools/knowledge C600 notebook Need Latitude the get to Dell Password for BIOS the is protected by a password authentication system You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password Please type in the primary or administrator password and press lt Enter gt quot quot I noticed that Need the tools/knowledge to get the BIOS Password for Dell Latitude C600 notebook the website postings mentioned quot latitude exe quot password generator file program which I tried but it is geared to only receiving five Need the tools/knowledge to get the BIOS Password for Dell Latitude C600 notebook characters for the Service Tag I also saw mention of Latitude MasterPW exe as being able to generate a Latitude password in response to receiving the Service Tag as an input instruction but I have not seen that anywhere for downloading Where can Latitude MasterPW exe password generator file be downloaded and does anyone know if it would solve my problem and work for my model C C Latitude Any help would be appreciated My Dell is a Latitude C C model PP L Computer system WJP - B Service Tag WJP Express Service Code Thanks in advance Moderator Edit Those free programs are in this thread http www techspot com vb topic html nbsp

A:Need the tools/knowledge to get the BIOS Password for Dell Latitude C600 notebook

you can try finding the manual online and see what it says about resetting the laptop cmos.
Relevancy 28.81%

Im looking to build my own rig soon and i understand that it is almost essential to have good cable management in order for you hardware to be properly displayed through the side panel. So what are good tips and tools that i should look into getting to get a good solid look?

For example: Ties, clips, ect...

A:What are good tools for cable management?

2 words for you...Cable Ties.

These will be your best friend. You need to really keep cable's to the side out of the way of airflow.

There isn't really any fast rules as to how to do that its just your own view. The best way would be to route the cable's behind the motherboard tray to keep them out of view.
My PC was a mess as you may see in my TechSpot gallery pictures so Ive tidied them up (posting picture soon)
Basically all i did was Cable tie the PSU cable together and put them behind the motherboard tray out the way. Then for the IDE cable's I put my drive in backwards and routed the IDE cable around the back of the hard drive case stand out the way.

Also when your parts come and you build in the end don't expect to use the cables that come with the stuff. In most systems Ive done Ive bought new cables that are much much shorter so as not to have anything dangling around.

Just play and see what's best. The advice I wish I had taken on board would be to get a modular Power supply. I have allot of cables I have not used and really look a mess. With modular you only need to plug in what you need. Its all good.

Good luck.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all having successfully cleansed said laptop from various nasties thanks in part to Kimsland and Bobbye i have an issue with the admin login Ok when booting up xp is set to fast user switching and the welcome screen login screen with user accounts Administrator is not included in the list So i hit ctrl alt del twice which then brings up the secure login dialog box So i key in Administrator and the Pavilion DV1000 login? HP admin password that i set and it comes up with quot Unable to log you on HP Pavilion DV1000 admin login? because of an account restriction quot WTF is that The only way i can log in as admin is to reboot into safe mode when it presents itself as another user in the welcome screen list giving in total which quite frankly is ridiculous The main reason the lappy was infected was due to uneducated users installing all kinds of crap as their accounts had admin rights I need to restrict them to limited accounts whilst having full access to the admin account without the need to reboot into safe mode I ve google searched for answers but couldn t find any I m looking for a way to solve this issue so with respect please don t come back with workarounds like quot press shift right-click run as kind of suggestions because i m after full access to admin account without rebooting So any help you can offer would be most appreciated thanks nbsp
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys really I have big problem I have Dell Latitude X1 and I don't have the admin password
I want to reboot it. but i don't know how if i can't even access to this computer ...Thank you

A:Admin Password

If you are the registered owner of the laptop you are probably better off contacting Dell support.
Relevancy 26.23%

I think I ve tamed my new beast of an ATI Radeon x Not sure WHY I absolutely had to have it but hey The top card for a few weeks anyway even though at stock fan speeds the CORE temps can reach Celcius what about fragile parts on the mobo nearby this little heatbox FYI - Running XP Pro V SP Anyway Riva Tuner seems to work at hot New Needs run? - RivaTuner run to X2s Admin 4870 Clearance comandeering the GPU fan speeds back up to reasonable - if a tad noisy - levels Its a little Klugey occaisionally stops working or seems to only want to work from either the startup folder or as from New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run? a registry key The main problem I have is that I have a Visitor account setup I sublet my place occasionally for non-ME users to limit the amount of havoc they can do HOWEVER Riva tuner will not start or operate properly with anything but administrator privileges This is a non-starter So I can either grant guests full dominion over my PC or have my cooks itself into complete failure while restricting the access of my guests Is there a better mousetrap for RivaTuner Note that starting up as an admin and then logging on off is NOT an option as of the time the scenario will be a guest starting up without me around Many thanks to all who opine nbsp

A:New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run?

100C would melt/damage the CPU quickly. Get a better 3rd party cooler
Relevancy 25.8%

I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

A:Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your answer may be found in this thread HERE Pages 10/11/12 maybe the interesting part for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Relevancy 28.81%

Who can give me the PC8394T Programming Tools?

email removed

A:PC8394T Programming Tools

respect software developers. don't use cracks
Relevancy 28.81%

hey all you users of an ati 4850/4870 grafics adapter - the new tray tools are available.
and finally there is full support for overclocking and fan control.

I`ve not seen my card getting so "cold",but on the other hand getting so loud (at 100% fan speed) with that stock cooler of ati.
btw - any suggestions for good aftermarket cooling for my 4850?
here is the link:
it leads to to three download mirrors.
have fun speeding up those cards even more - but be aware;there are risks of destoying your hardware,so don`t "over-do it"

A:ATI Tray Tools

yes u can, edit u're post and just paste and it will work.
Relevancy 28.81%

It's the modders eternal question...

Should I spend the afternoon overclocking the CPU, or do I need more RAM, or is my hard drive the real limiter?

For gaming the formula is usually pretty straightforward: make sure you have enough RAM (usually not a factor), then it's all about the graphics card first and CPU second.

I use PCMark alot, but I want to learn more from others.

So: how would you determine what the best place to start upgrading performance is?

For a twist let's assume that it isn't all about the graphics (so optimize around Office or "typical" use). Or just talk about your favorite Benmarking programs. (Incidentally I DON'T recommend PCMark despite using it. I'm kind of unhappy with it and it isn't free so I don't want others buying it because I mentioned it).

A:Best tools for figuring out what component is limiting you?

dark green said:

It's the modders eternal question...

Should I spend the afternoon overclocking the CPU, or do I need more RAM, or is my hard drive the real limiter?

For gaming the formula is usually pretty straightforward: make sure you have enough RAM (usually not a factor), then it's all about the graphics card first and CPU second.

I use PCMark alot, but I want to learn more from others.

So: how would you determine what the best place to start upgrading performance is?

For a twist let's assume that it isn't all about the graphics (so optimize around Office or "typical" use). Or just talk about your favorite Benmarking programs. (Incidentally I DON'T recommend PCMark despite using it. I'm kind of unhappy with it and it isn't free so I don't want others buying it because I mentioned it).Click to expand...

You HDD is usually something thats NOT the limiter in performance. The MAIN limiters are the graphics card, CPU, RAM and the motherboard your using.

Finding out what is the limiter can be as simple as knowing what your components are capable of, and it can be as hard as having to tweak every little setting until you figure out which component is limiting you.

What is this for exactly. Your own PC. if yes, than please list your PC specs so I can determine what is or could be the limiting component of your PC.
Relevancy 26.23%

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luck

A:Dell Latitude110L admin password

Your brother may ask DELL for master password to unlock the computer.

maxpaynemafia said:

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luckClick to expand...
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All;

From time to time on my XP Home SP2 machine I get a "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." warning.

I've read the MS Help and Support info, do not have a virus or malware as was suggested in the article and I tried the cmd line: netstat -no proceedure to no avail.

It's not the end of the world and my dsl has no other issues.

I can live with it, but wonder you know of a work-around.

Certainly appreciate any help.

A:Tcpip Warning in Event Viewer/System

Concurrent Session usually are found in your browser or a Torrent client application.
Limits on them are imposed to ensure your system does not drown and lockup due
to excessive connections from ONE application.

Reaching the limit is non-fatal; ie the programs should continue.
Relevancy 26.66%

My problem started when I upgraded my computer to an Intel C2D, 2GB Corsair DDR2 Memory, Windows XP Pro, two Liteon LH-20A1S SATA DVDRW's, EVGA nForce680i video and Viewsonic flat screen all running on a EVGA NF680i S775 Mother Board.

Sometimes the machine freezes, sometimes not. The error message is: Source: atapi, Type Error Event ID 9, Description: "The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort7, did not respond within the timeout period". (At times I get Event 15 error)

I suspect it has something to do with the two Liteon DVDRW's I have.

Would anyone know if this is a known problem? I have the latest video drivers.

A:Atapi Error Event ID 9 freezes computer

do you have a good driver? Did you update the drivers recently? If so roll back to the previous working driver.
Relevancy 53.32%

Is there a way to remove administrative tools and command prompt from a windows 2003 server lock down terminal session?

Relevancy 28.81%

Hello I have HDD WD GB which any tools to HDD dying, diagnose? are kinda old bought them about years ago and WD GB I bought months ago So I can hear one of them is quot clicking quot not continuosly but eventually after - hours of use HDD dying, any tools to diagnose? I hear or quot clicks quot within a lapse of time of seconds each quot click quot then it won t happen again until hours or days however this have been happening more often in the last days Based on my experience for me this could be head write read problem please correct me if I m wrong but the real issue is I don t know which of the is the one is failing do you know any good tool to test the HDD my guess is one of the old ones is going bad but that s just a guess I need to be sure to back up my data ASAP since I have a lot of important data there nbsp

A:HDD dying, any tools to diagnose?

One of the "Read:" messages at the top of this forum is Drive Diagnostics Utilities Compendium
Relevancy 26.23%

Cannot Login to Netgear DG834G router wirelessly from Dell Laptop

Hi heres hoping you can help me.

I have a wireless connection through a Netgear DG834G from a Dell M6300 running Windows XP which is working fine with respect to accessing the internet..

I also have a desktop (wired to the router) which is also running fine.

The problem is that I cannot log into the router wirelessly as Admin on
I can login to the router as Admin from the wired PC, but not the laptop !!
I get to the login screen to input password but when pressing enter the login box just re-appears with the password field blank again.
I know the password entered is correct and accurate as it works from the wired desktop

(note: I have changed my laptop recently from HP to Dell, I was able to access the router wirelessly as Admin to perform maintenance with the HP model)

Any ideas ?

A:Cannot connect to wireless router as admin wirelessly

Are all the settings correct for the wireless laptop.
encryption method WEP, WPA, WPA2

Does the router even see this new laptop?
Do you still have the older laptop?
Check to see if the DELL firewall is disabled under Windows, make sure it off.
Try opening up a session: ping
Does the laptop get IP by DHCP,

ipconfig /release wait.... ipconfig /renew wait... try it again does work then
try static IP then do ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns

If all still doesn't work try..
re-joining the wireless router
disconnect using the wireless in range method on the laptop
reconnect but remove the password then re-do it then click on connect see if the wireless laptop can connect.
If it does reboot the laptop and login with your login ID password
Now open the browser and see if you can get into your router
Make sure you do not have any spyware or popup blocker active..
Relevancy 25.8%

Computer- Dell Inspiron 8100
Problem- Admin Bios Password

I have tried numoerous things, and in the end seems eeprom is only way to reset this.

I looked and looked, it says under motherboard, yet I never found a "24OC" 4 legged chip on the board to reset.

This cpu is 7 yrs old.

So far no luck fixing this one or my Toshiba and have both been reduced to eeprom reset as only viable option.

A:Cant find EEprom on Dell Inspiron 8100 (admin bios pw)

All Dell (and others) BIOS and Admin password removal to this thread only:

--> HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - June 2008)
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello all hardware wizards, sorry to take your precious time .

I just purchased HP NC8230 laptop from eBay. It's really great laptop. The laptop not require boot password and so it reaches to windows XP, but unfortunately I discovered that its bios is admin protected, therefore I can't access bios and make any modification. I know that these business laptops have extra bios protection and therefore it's not so easy task to reset their password.

Can someone, that have experience with this kind of laptops, help me? It would be very appreciated.

A:HP NC8230 laptop Bios Admin Password

read the faqs AND post in the laptop forum. Your answer is already there.
Relevancy 25.8%

Could someone help me? I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop and I put an BIOS admin passwoed an year ago. Now I need to remeve it but I don't remember. I tried the latitude.exe program but did not worked. Service tag nr. is 6TXB42J-595B . Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Dell laptop reset bios admin password

U will have to do, a chip reset.
Coz i also keep trying those ideas with the latitude application but it failed, but when i did the chip reset, thing worked out exactly how i wanted them.
All the best

Relevancy 26.23%

I am in sales. I have a new Dell d610 Latitude Laptop. I need to reset some of the stuff in the BIOS for wireless, etc and the IT guys at my company seem to have mislogged or fogotten the admin pw for BIOS. Anyway they have given me five alrady and non of them work. They say I will have to ship the unit in to Chicago and they will fix it. That will take a WEEK that I do not have. How can I reset the password? The settings in the BIOS I need to change are locked and the message says the setup is locked-enter the admin pw into SECURITY UNLOCK SETUP to enable changes. Any advice is welcomed!

A:How to reset the BIOS admin password

This subject was briefly mentioned HERE
Relevancy 26.66%

My desktop is a Dell Dimension c and lately I couldn t start Dimesion 4600c Event Thermal Dell it The orange light on the power button is blinking and nothing happens when I press it And at times when it would power on I get a previous shutdown due to thermal event message until recently it wouldn t start anymore Most of the times it wouldn t start is probably because of the air conditioner The air blows directly to Dell Dimesion 4600c Thermal Event the computer and it gets real cold So last time when it won t start I had to use a hairdryer to heat it up or put it out in the sun But that doesn t seem to work anymore So my question is is something wrong with the fan or the power supply P s I don t know if this is the place to post this I really don t take care of my computer so let s forget about that Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated my location is Malaysia and the average room temperature is degrees celcius nbsp
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi , i am running a windows server 2k3 with sp2 and server is getting rebooted with event id 1001 :The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003, 0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020808-03.dmp.

and also i am getting event id 1003 : Error code 1000008e, parameter1 80000003, parameter2 e0872e04, parameter3 f1aff9c4, parameter4 00000000.

in the logs may this also be related to same issue.
Could anyone help me figuring out the cause of this. whether it is due to any driver or hardware failure. I am also attaching a dump files along with the thread.
Pls help me with the resolution asap. thanks

A:Event ID 1001: server rebooting from bugcheck

Pls reply asap i need help urgently thanks

I need to get it resolve very soon . pls help me
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi can anyone of you help....

Recently when i start my computer it will automatically reboot and under computer management i see the error....

It will usually reboot twice and perform well after's very irritating

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 7c6b142c, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80544bea.

A:Error, Event ID: 1003, Category: (102)

Computer hardware specs please!
How can we help you if we don't know what you have? Think about it!
Relevancy 28.38%

Ok friends i m having a bad time with my hdds I have this gb seagate which i was using It has my OS installed and it has partitions I went to sleep and kept my comp on but i saw in the morning that the computer had restarted and was on the pre-bios screen where it dint detect my hdd but did detect my dvd drive I switched the pc off on and it appeared back i fix Tools HDD Doesn't boots/Seagate bad can't sectors. went on to boot to my windows but it again restarted I tried booting into safe mode but it restarted again Finally i made another attempt but this time it would just show me an error HDD Doesn't boots/Seagate Tools can't fix bad sectors. quot drive read fail Press alt ctrl del to restart quot I then tried to scan my hdd with seagate hdd diagonistic tools it detected bad sectors but when i tried to repair them it dint work i mean it would just stay on the first sector and the text quot TESTING quot keeps blinking I ran the scan again and the same thing happened I ran the scan again but this time skipping the first one and repairing the next one but again it kept the text quot testing quot blinking and sticking to the nd sector itself I dont know why is this happening This is the nd time in weeks my hdd is acting up the st one died completely suddenly I recently fixed the bad sectors in this same hdd but donno how it would gain so many bad sectors back again so soon Why is this happening And why doesn t the seagate tools fix the errors knowing that it fixed some bad sectors just past week on the same drive Please help me thank you all in advance and my regards to all nbsp

A:HDD Doesn't boots/Seagate Tools can't fix bad sectors.

Looks like the hdd is faulty and in need of being replaced to me.
Relevancy 26.23%

Help Pls, I could'nt find the 24c.... chip on dell latitude 640m. Can somebody help me here so I can use the shorting method. Or is there any other way out? Help me to locate this chip pls.

A:Admin. password on dell latitude 640m

Admin. password on dell inspiron 640m

Pls, help needed for Admin.password (grey screen)on dell inspiron 640m. I mistakenly posted for latitude 640m earlier. I'm sorry! I actually meant that of dell inspiron 640m. I need help on how to locate the bios chip 24c...... or how to over come the grey screen with Admin. password protection.
Relevancy 26.23%

I couln,t find the 24C chip on the Dell XPS M1210 can someone help me so I can use the shorting Method. Help to locate the chip please or anybody knows the password for this laptop XPS M1210
Tag# 7X5GH1-595B

Relevancy 25.8%

I recently bought a dell inspiron 6400 N series computer from a fellow soldier who left to return to the states. I was planning on using this computer for movie watching and to save pictures on to send to family. I went to turn it on one day after using it for a week and the computer started up to a screen that asked me for an administrator password. I did not receive this password or do not have knowledge of one that was saved. I cannot use this laptop and I was just starting to enjoy it! This was my way to have some down time away from this place. Can someone try and help me please? I tried to email rustam_ but got no reply. I tried to go to different websites but found no help. Someone please help me! I would really appreciate it.

A:Lost Admin Password in IRAQ help Dell6400 Inspiron

I'm assuming this is a windows password we're talking about here, and that you're running XP. If it is asking you for a BIOS password (black screen, white text), then you're probably screwed, unless there is a BIOS reset jumper within easy reach. If not, have fun opening the entire laptop to find it.

If it gets to windows and wants a password, try this:

grab either active password changer (

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (

Follow the instructions closely and there's a good chance one of the two will work.
Relevancy 26.66%

My thoughts regarding Barcelona AMD Launch Event TechSpot news: the recent AMD Barcelona launch Feel free to flame me if you wish just as long as you do it nicely As Intel seems to get all of the good press regarding both desktop and server CPUs these days AMD threw an official Barcelona shindig last night in San Francisco Calif The event which took place at two buildings in the San Francisco Presidio District focused on Barcelona AMD s first quad-core server processor Although I was unable to attend the event due to prior personal TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event engagements several friends and colleagues who made it to the Letterman Digital Arts Center told me that it was an absolute blast Along with it being a rather interesting event the official unveiling of Barcelona most likely helped give AMD a nice morale boost the company desperately needs Even though early benchmarks indicate the numbers are a bit unimpressive a GHz version is definitely in the works Numerous hardware vendor executives were present to discuss the great things AMD is doing while carefully avoiding any direct pokes at Intel Sun Microsystems showed a U -core AMD Barcelona server - the company last week unveiled a -core Intel Tigerton version Pricing of the products Ars Technica has the scoop During an event at the Westin S F hotel earlier in the day AMD officials were on-hand to discuss some of the company s plans for the future AMD CEO Hector Ruiz unexpectedly stopped by to visit with everyone in the room - much to the delight of the handful of selected bloggers present He took the time to answer a couple of questions from the bloggers journalist present though it appeared everyone in the room was hesitant to ask him the hard questions Speaking about AMD marketing or lack there of Ruiz admitted that AMD has a bit of work to do in that department - especially compared to Intel No one thinking logically expects AMD to suddenly take back major ground on Intel but the unveiling of Barcelona is a step in the right direction Considering I own both AMD and Intel processors I just want the companies to compete fairly with one another Here are some assorted links for your enjoyment Quad-core is here and now Barcelona vs Intel Clovertown and Tigerton AnandTech hardware preview TG Daily linkage The potential of Barcelona Thoughts Cheers Michael Hatamoto nbsp

A:TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event

Here are a couple more links:

Making progress
Nothing like something from The Inq!
Not a savior?
Relevancy 26.66%

I installed the XVid Play Won't Wav and Event System Sounds Files player for Windows XP Home the other day and it hung during installation so I had to restart my computer All of a sudden I don t have any more system sounds and I can t play wav or midi files I tried doing a system restore but of System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play course none of my restore points allow me to roll my computer back to that date Then I tried troubleshooting it through Windows Support no go I removed and reinstalled my sound card and drivers Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live and installed all the codecs I could find still System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play no dice Here s the kicker I can play MP s through WinAmp and video with sound through Windows Media Player but I can t play wav files or midi files Whenever I go into Sounds and Audio Devices and highlight an event sound the play button remains dimmed If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue short of formatting my HD and reinstalling Windows I would be very appreciative Losing patience quickly -Eric nbsp

A:System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play

In the sounds and audio control panel is your sound card registered as the preferred device for playback ? What is listed in the MIDI box ?
Relevancy 35.26%

Today I looked through the Event Manager Utility of Windows XP and I've seen this error there, about 15 times.

The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block.

Event 7.

Does this mean that I have a bad on my HDD or could it be some error, like windows can't read a corrupted file?
Thank you!

A:The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block. - Event 7 in Event Manger.

Backing it up and reformatting it may help. Before that, error check it.
Relevancy 27.09%

Ever since I installed a Linksys BEFSX41 router/firewall unit, I've notice an error in the System Event Viewer with this information:

The IP address lease for the Network Card with network address 00184DE9390C has been denied by the DHCP server (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

What needs to be done to get rid of this error? Thanks

A:Error in System Event

Did you assign the address using Static IP for

What range did you set in the router for IP address? Make sure your using

All NIC is set to auto for speed
All NIC is set to auto to obtain the IP (DHCP) from the Router.

Now in the ROUTER are you using any sort of IP filtering:

by IP address
or by MAC address?
Are there any restrictions for this PC in the router?
Relevancy 26.23%

My dell d620 had its bios passwords set while I was away, either my daughter or my son are responsible, funny they both deny touching my laptop!
I bought it from ebay, and dell, well there are dell of course!

If you might be able to find some time to get my password please Thanx so much!

My service tag#6PPCPC1-595B
Express service code#14614931521

A:Dell D620 Admin/sys Password Help

Boot into Safe Mode by pressing F8 before the Windows screen appears. Go into Control Panel, User Accounts, Administrator, and remove the passwords from there
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi Rustam

I bought a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop off a friend that was moving out of town it was a great deal after a couple of days later i lend it to my brother and he returned it with a message saying "This computer system #2ZJTN91-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password".

Service Tag: 2ZJTN91
Express Code: 6503176693

Can you help?
Thank you.

A:Dell Inspiron 1300 admin password problem
Relevancy 23.22%

How remove password BIOS(Admin password & canfigure setup),

A:Admin password & canfigure setup password in BIOS remouver

Turn off computer. Find the battery on the motherboard. Take it out for a couple minutes. Put it back in and restart computer. This should reset cmos and solve your problem.
Relevancy 28.81%

I would like to know if there are any tools available on the internet to trace an email.It's a junk mail.Please help.

A:Tools for email trace

You can check e-mail headers via the options button while in an e-mail. Copy and paste the text from one and we'll see if we can trace its origin (blank out any important network information to do with yourself or your company such as public IP address if you like).
Relevancy 26.23%

I bought dell inspiron 6000 2 years ago, and I'm setup the admin bios password. Now i'm forgot the password is. Please show me how to reset the admin bios password.

Thanks all

A:Inspiron 6000 admin password

Take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard
Relevancy 55.9%

i was wondering if someone could help me figure out this error i must have at least on a new install of XP home Event Type Error Event Source DCOM Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE Computer STEVE Description The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID BC CF - - F -B B- AA CF EBB to the user NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE SID S- - - This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Click to expand the link takes me to this page Details Product Windows Operating System Event ID Source DCOM Version Symbolic Name EVENT viewer event error DCOM COM ACCESS DENIED IN SERVER ACTIVATION OR LAUNCH PERMISSION Message The permission settings do not grant permission for the COM Server application with CLSID to the user SID This security permission can event viewer error DCOM be modified using the Component Services administrative tool machine-default application-specific local remote launch activation Explanation A program the Clsid displayed in the message tried to start the DCOM server by using the DCOM infrastructure Based on the security ID SID this user does not have the necessary permissions to start the DCOM server User Action Verify that the user has the appropriate permissions to start the DCOM server To assign permissions Using Regedit navigate to the following registry value HKCR Clsid clsid value localserver The clsid value is the information displayed in the message In the right pane double-click Default The Edit String dialog box is displayed Leave this dialog box open Click Start and then click Control Panel Double-click Administrative Tools and then double-click Component Services In the event viewer error DCOM Component Services event viewer error DCOM snap-in expand Computers expand My Computer and double-click DCOM Config In the right pane locate the program by using its friendly name Right-click the program name and then select Properties On the Security tab in the Launch and Activation Permissions group box select Customize and then click Edit Add the user to the permissions list and give the user the appropriate permissions Click to expand I have tried searching the registry for quot HKCR Clsid clsid value localserver quot but i can not find anything I am lost with this and not sure what to do now nbsp
Relevancy 27.09%

I am new to this forum, seems to be loads of good info. I tried a search but
could not seem to find what I need. Hope you can help.

I have 4 machines all running xp, all are wireless networked, and files can be transfered etc providing the files on each machine are shared.

How can I setup 1 machine to have admin rights to the other 3, so I can use remote shut down and things like that.

Thanks for your help

A:Admin rights

you need to set up a remote desktop connection. firewalls must be configured to accept remote desktop connections.
Relevancy 28.81%

Helo all

Can anyone recomend any good tools for finding out technical information about a graphics card (x1900)

Like how many pipelines are active memory type ect..

Thank you

A:Graphics Card Tools

Relevancy 27.09%

Been having a few problems for a while with my setup.
The raid controller reports new event and when you look at this event it says something like BETI error or processing resets found. I have changed controller card twice, a new pair of disks Maxtor diamond 10 250 GB and the controller is a SI 3132. This pc has always crashed and fallen about when least expecting. Any body experienced BETI and what does it mean?

A:Raid controller event message

The error is shown in the event log which is accessable from the SATARAID5 array manager. Many types of errors appear but i have attached the the first event log tonight.
Relevancy 26.23%

I have recently received a Latitude D and I have tried for hours on end to make this thing work I ve researched all over the internet and have even came across some files from someone nice I even had a local computer shop take a look at it they ve Dell Latitude ADMIN D400 Password. dealt with Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. this before and they were unsuccesful at erasing the password I showed them where the chip was exactly on the board and how to short the pins out I am Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. asking if someone could Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. please E-MAIL me every way and everything they know about this laptop and removing the admin password I also live in canada so I don t know if I ll be able to get a hold of an eeprom chip Also it might take awhile becuase it will most likely go through customs So please can someone email me pictures and step-by-step directions would also be appreciated Thanks You can reach me at motive murder hotmail com I also have a dell inspiron is there anything I can use off there or is there A way I can hook up the systems and bypass then erase the password from there nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password.

Reset Password

Your right in your assumption, it takes many attempts to short the chip correctly, but it can be done,

Email paragon33 at the address found on my site, he is an expert at these, you could also take a look at this site here.

(PS this thread may get moved to one of the open threads)
Relevancy 26.23%

Last night since I was having slow/non-existent connection issues, I turned off the NAT option on my Belkin wireless G router. Immediately afterwards I lost internet connection as I expected but now can't connect to the config page @ . I tried running the setup software again and it can't communicate with the router, either. Tried hitting the reset button several times, disconnecting the router, etc. but the config page still won't load. Is there anyway to manually revert the router back to factory settings?

A:Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

So this is with the pc connected directly to the router via an ethernet cable?
Go to My Network Places, and on the left theres a thing that says "show all UPnP devices" or similar. Click on it, then go to your LAN settings and set your IP address to auto, or vice versa. Plug in/turn your router back on and it should come up as a network place. From that doubleclick it and enter admin etc..
Relevancy 28.81%

I now have an EVGA GeForce 6200 64-Bit 128mb video card. I am not that happy with it, being only 64-Bit, but I can deal with it. I am just wondering what tools I can use to tweak/overclock the card, and how to do so (my skill is not doing this in computers). Please help me!

A:Video Card Tweaking Tools

The best tool for OCing Nvidia cards is Riva Tuner, there are various stuff that it can do but the best is unlocking pipelines, on a 6200 there are several to unlock.
Here's a Link to a unlocikng guide.Only the NV43 A2 GPU can be unlocked (not NV43 A4). The result: you will have a a GPU like the 6600 series use, because the 6200 and the 6600 are the same GPU, the NV43, only the 6200 has more piplines locked.
You can also raise the card's voltage with NiBiTor & NvFlash.
Relevancy 29.24%

I am new to tweaking a computer, and am wondering what some good programs are to overclock my system. Also, how do you overclock?

A:Overclocking Tools?

Check out this site and see if your hardware is overclockable (if that's even a word)

They can tell you how to overclock your specific hardware and they will also tell you how you could fry your system......Good luck
Relevancy 27.95%

I had it set as the default viewer for all picture and video files,
then installed Intervideo to use with my TV tuner card.

Now, all pictures & video stores on my computer have changed
to Intervideo files. I know I un-clicked all those types of files
from using Interv. as the default viewer when I installed the
Interv. app.

How do I re-set Win Media Player as the default viewer?
I've opened and looked thru it and can't locate how to
do that.

A:How to Reset Media Player as default picture & video viewer?

Click start/programmes/set programme access and defaults. Click on the custom button and under choose default media player, choose Windows media player. Click ok.

Regards Howard
Relevancy 25.8%

I have an older HP900 laptop which is a nice size to take in our motor home. However, it overheats after running for about 15 minutes. I understand there is a bios update that turns the cooling fan on sooner but I can't get into the bios because of password protection. Any ideas on how to crack the password or any pins to short to reset it?

The laptop will run fine if I rais it off the table and have a fan blowing on it from behind. Cooling fan in laptop runs, but it only comes on shortly before a shutdown if I am not running an additional fan blowing under it.

thanks for any ideas or help

Relevancy 27.09%

is there a way to find out the admins password on a network.

A:admin password

Yes. Ask the admin using e-mail for example

No one will be able to give a sensible answer to such a vague question.

And no, no one is going to tell you how to steal peoples passwords and do other illegal or unethical stuff.
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok firstly I should mention that one solution to this problem would be to plug the HD into my machine and use fsutil to reset the dirty flag However and pwd set unbootable to No dirty Need xp - flag admin I m a stubborn person and know that there must be a way of doing this easily without taking my machine to bits If I do it in what is for this occasion the hard way I will be able to save a little time in the future should the situation arise again I ve been asked to fix an unbootable computer I had intended to boot into the recovery console to issue chkdsk r fixboot and fixmbr commands Unfortunately I the admin password for the installation isn t available it s been forgotten rolleyes and so I can t log into it I used the offline NT password amp registry editor utility but because the drive is flagged dirty improper shutdown no doubt It won t change or blank the password So I got out my trusty NTFS DOS CD and booted into DOS taking a copy of FSUTIL with me which as expected doesn t work under DOS Hoping that the password was something simple ish I grabbed a copy of the SAM and Systemf files from system config and tried cracking the administrator password It seems that the password is at least characters and so will take an age to crack This leaves me with the option of resetting the dirty bit on the volume so that I can reset the admin password to blank boot into the recovery console and repair windows but I see no fsutil equivelant for DOS probably because NTFS was never meant Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable for DOS lol It occurs to me though that there must be some utility or other that ll do it or failing that various linux flavours Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable have NTFS support and should be able to do it - or possibly some sort of live recovery cd for windows Any ideas anybody All this for the sake of a single BIT of info on the hard drive A simple or It s outrageous lol nbsp Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

A:Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

Auditor Security cd from is what you need my friend very handy for cracking admin passwords. just boot to it and you are gold. don't know if you are familiar with this collection cd and if not they have the instruction pdf on the site for download as well. it will crack a 8 letter and asterick password in probably ten to twenty admin pass is 15 unprintables and asterick characters and it cracked it with the incremental option on the sam file. took alot longer than it should for your current issue..just an idea mate
Relevancy 29.67%

hello everyone..just wondering if there is any software that allows you to view your password after you have saved the eeprom dump in hex then converts it so its readable..tell me to shut up if not possiblee...thanx..

A:password viewer

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Could you further discribe eeprom dump?

If standard password on your machine then this is what you are needing.
Post back if it isn't

Password Reveal

Relevancy 28.81%

Hey, in my own view, they don't, since I use them and never had a problem. The magnets in a screwdriver tip are just not strong enough to harm anything. Unless you went and rubbed it right on a floppy disk platter. But that's just my experience. What do you think?

A:POLL: Do magnetic tools really hurt anything?

Your asking people to make a judgement on something that can only
be determined by controlled experiment.Electromagnetic effects are not a matter of opinion.
Relevancy 29.67%

Im wanting to modify my case a little. Im going to put a side window on the left case panel and put an exhaust fan at the top of the case in between the power supply and the cd drivers. Obviously this job will mainly involve cutting and sanding so I would like some advice about what tools are the best for this job that are inexpensive and easy to come by.

Also any links to mod websites and guide would be helpful.

Thanks very much.

A:Tools for the job?

For a list of modding guides and tools etc look HERE

Regards Howard
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a custom built pc that my friend put together for me. This also has a sound card problem - The sound stops working after a sound has been played more than a couple of times, and the computer might freeze or restart after a while. I know this is the sound card/driver because the computer works fine when i disable the driver. I meant to use this computer for multimedia so i have an asus motherboard with an external echo event gina 20 sound card.
I have tried downloading an re-installing the driver but that doesnt work. I'm guessing something must be configured wrongly, or the driver isnt compatible for some reason.

A:Another sound card problem! echo event

Hi benz925,
i have exactly the same problem than you with a gina 20 and a Asus P5GD2 premium wireless edition Mobo ...;(
For me , that's not a drivers problem , i have install the Gina with the same drivers on another compute with the same XP pro sp2 and it works fine.
I think there are a conflict between mobo and the gina and really i don't know how to fix that.
The more simple is to put the mail i send to echo support ( without any response , not too cool) for explain my problem and all the things i have try to fix it and it will be cool to stay in touch if we find something.
What is the reference of your Mobo please ?

My mail to Echo-support :
Hello Echo, and first sorry for my terrible english, i 'm from France.
I can't make work my gina 20 with my new config and i've try a lot of things and all your latest drivers 6.11, 6.08, 6.05, so perhaps you can help me.
the card still work fine on my olds computers, and also with a more recent config with XP pro sp2 installed by me identically to my compute ( brother's computer )with the 6.11 drivers.
On mine, install is fine with all the drivers versions for W2K/XP and it seems to have no problem on the device manager.
But i have no sound and chaotic problem with all software calling the asio wdm drivers :
no sound, or sometimes white noise
software that crash or not read any audio events
no output level in the console or sometimes all in the red

Softs work fine with the cheap sound card integrated with the mobo ( but cheap sound, lot of latency, not a gina

I've reinstall completely XP ,without the plug&play option in the bios to prevent hardware conflicts, so i don't have any other soundcard (disabled in bios also), no wifi, no lan,no drivers of graphic card, nothing ...

Gina appear on IRQ 21 without sharing or conflict and it's always the same problem ;(

So i just describe my config and perhaps you have an idea to something to test, it will be wonderful :

pentim 640 3.2Ghz
mobo asus p5GD2 premium (last bios) with chip sound: c-media9880 (same problem with sound chip enabled in bios and not installed)
GC Gigabyte 6600 GT
1 Go ddr2 533 corsair select
hd hitachi S-ATA
win XP PRO sp2
Antec sonata (alim 380 w)
and .. echo Gina 20

Perhaps my sound card is too old for one of this new components and i have to stop to experienced ? In this case it will be better with a Gina 24 or 3G ?

Thanks a lot by advance for support me, i'm really out of idea to try.

Have a good day, and whatever, thanks for the excellent sound of your products.

Relevancy 29.24%

Not sure if I've posted in the right section but I wasn't sure where to post.

I am downloading the torrent for battlefield 2 (Pirating) and don't have a dvd to burn it on? Not sure if I need one but it said "Mount with daemon tools" to install. I've downloaded Daemon tools but still not sure what it means. Anyone explain how I install this?

A:Daemon tools.

Techspot does not condone pirating, and as such don't be at all suprised if your post is locked without an answer.

I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere.
Relevancy 28.38%

One day I turned my computer on, and I was unable to make any adjustments with my "3dfx color" feature (such as video overlay, gama, brightness...etc). Every other Voodoo feature works, but the "color" screen is completely "grayed out," can't do anything at all with it. I've uninstalled/reinstalled several versions of the drivers, software, and hardware associated with the graphics card and the monitor, but still have no solution. I'm thinking there's a setting of something somewhere but i have no clue!!!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:NEED HELP with 3dfx voodoo 3 color tools issue...

It may be a problem with Windows. When is the last time you did a clean install?
Relevancy 29.24%

I m arranging a toolbox full of misceallaneous things to use with modding PC s and other uses I ve searched lots of different websites for tools that may come in handy If you know tools? get can PC :) I more Where repair of any places that I can obtain these kinds of things let me know At the moment my toolbox consists of the following peice Tool-Kit set from www kdcomputers com http www kdcomputers com eui prime profile component htm Soldering iron stand http www casecooler com solirstan html function multimeter http www casecooler com Where can I get more PC repair tools? :) funmul html Case Nibblers http www casecooler com casenibblers html Where can I get more PC repair tools? :) mm LED s http www frozencpu com cgi-bin frozencpu ele- html I also need a good toolbox to put these things in I plan on adding other things such as Arctic Silver and Epoxy later on The toolbox has to be a decent size but not TOO big Something I can lug around and fit all these items into I thought about going to some places nearby like Lowes and Walmart to see if Where can I get more PC repair tools? :) I could find anything but I haven t gone yet Website links and ideas requested nbsp

A:Where can I get more PC repair tools? :)

I really hate to be the one to say this but here goes:
When I am in search of PC Repair tools, I can usually find them at my local computer store. Places like Best Buy, PC World and Circuit City are bound to have something that'll tickle your fancy. Remember - The best deals are not always found online .

I hope you find the toolbox and right tools that you need :grinthumb !
Relevancy 26.23%

System Info Windows XP MSI P A-C intel i GB DDR Western Digital TB encountered SetPoint Event Manager a Has (UNICODE) problem Logitech Hard drive So I have a very annoying problem with Logitech s SetPoint software that I have been trying to resolve on a customers computer for over a day now The customer had a logitech Mouse with an Application Switcher button on top he liked it but the mouse was having issues He bought a new one from us M and inside SetPoint you can choose the top button s function so I switched Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) Has encountered a problem it to Application Switcher and it was suppose to be all good However the application crashes with the message quot Logitech SetPoint Event Manager UNICODE Has encountered Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) Has encountered a problem a problem quot Now the message seems to appear about minutes after the system has been running I see it appear right after the screen save goes away once I move the mouse but can also appear while it is use I have Disabled the AV Firewall BitDefender it didn t seem to show up once it was disabled I re-enabled it and added the program to the ignore list allowed it full permissions added it to exclusion list for On-Access scans and regular scans I have reinstalled the SetPoint program after uninstalling I fully removed any left older files folders and registries There was one suggestion to delete the MacroMail dll file tried that still didn t help I am at a loss for what could resolve the issue I must mention that I no longer have the customers computer but am still actively looking for a solution for now he can start the program back up from the Icon on the Desktop but it can get annoying it should just work Any suggestions are helpful I will reply back as soon as I can nbsp

A:Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) Has encountered a problem

trying to resolve on a customers computerClick to expand...

hmm; most of us are here to assist HOME users and not business.

Suggest you investigate the Event Viewer for better details that can be used for a google search
Relevancy 28.81%

When XP is running slowing or errors - I used toi be able to use the following to get it sorted.

CC Cleaner
Malware Bytes
Start up exe (to removed all the ribish that starts when xp loads)

These tools don't seem to be that effective on vista - is that because vista gets itself in a tangle a lot easier than XP - or are there better tools out there ?
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello I have a friend who used his computer yesterday and today when he attempted to logon to his computer as himself (admin) it tells him "user profile cannot be loaded". I attempted to help him boot into safe mode and change his password. He changed it and it still brings up the same error message. He does have another profile account that his daughter uses but no admin actions can be taken from her account. What can I do to help my friend? This is a challenge I have never encountered during my learning of how to troubleshoot pc's.

A:Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Ouch. Sounds like a corrupted %USERPROFILE% and the fix requires the Admin-Id.

Have you tried running a System Restore? I will prompt for the admin password.
Issue is, not entirely sure the user's profiles are saved in the restore points.
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys, I keep getting an application error when trying to add record in Microsoft Excel 2007 worksheet. This porblem seemed to crop up overuse, I have pasted the Error below, REALLY appreciate your time and help with this. Thanks!
Relevancy 24.51%

I purchased motorola phone tools several years ago,it used to work for my phone which is a motorola ve20

I just installed it on my laptop which has windows 8,and it says my phone is not supported. It used to work for this phone. I would like to back up my phone book etc.

I did all the updates and it says its up to date now. I do not who else to contact to figure this out.

A:Motorola phone tools says my phone is not supported

Have you tried contacting motorola?
Relevancy 21.07%

I am trying to create a non admin user account, which I know how to do the simple way, however I have been using the admin user account for a while now however I want to transfer/copy program setting, etc to this knew user account.

so I want to: create a non admin user account which is duplicate of the current existing admin account but from her on to install software etc I install under admin account.

I am using Vista too

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
David Lambie

A:How do I copy existing admin user account to normal user account

I would
> Create the new profile with admin privileges
> Transfer stuff things to the new profile (see here)
> Then remove admin privilege from the new account
Relevancy 28.38%

Just the other day I downloaded Daemon Tools through FileHippo on a recommendation At the end of the install it told me that I needed to restart to complete installation no big deal However Daemon Install About Concerns 7 Windows on Tools upon logging back on Concerns About Daemon Tools Install on Windows 7 to Windows my entire system locked up taking minutes to even open the Start menu or respond to Ctrl Alt Del and I was finally forced to power it down Concerns About Daemon Tools Install on Windows 7 After I was met with the same problem upon my second reboot I attempted to run it in Safe Mode which also failed Frustrated I left for awhile but when I tried again the system booted perfectly fine--the only briefly recurring symptom was that the entirety of Windows exe was contained inside of a Not Responding window When I checked my installed programs Deamon Tools was nowhere to be found Subsequent restarts occasionally fail with the screen stuck on the quot Logging on to Windows quot or whatever screen after startup which then forces me to power the computer down once again I ve run scans with both Avira and MalwareBytes both relinquishing nothing I had also successfully installed Daemon Tools Ultra in the past with no difficulties And yes I would have tried a System Restore but for some reason System Restore won t make new Restore Points I m currently in the throes of trying to fix that problem through Microsoft Can anyone help me with this I m completely lost here Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Concerns About Daemon Tools Install on Windows 7

It installs a drive virtualization tool called SPTD, there may be an issue with it that is causing the hang. I would install it from here (straight from Daemon Tools): The latest version is 4.47, so maybe the new version fixes any issues.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all So the situation is this I had to setup an existing PC in Admin Privileges Lost the office for a new starter and decided to be lazy and simply change the user account name Lost Admin Privileges I know that was a schoolboy error Since doing this the computer allows me to login fine with the new username password but keeps asking for the Admin login details whenever I try to make system changes update software etc The user account I changed was the admin account so not sure why this is happening I ve tried using every username password that has ever been assigned to that PC but nothing works Is there any workaround to get Admin privileges back so I can fix this FYI - The PC is a member of our work domain so figure this has further complicated things Really hoping this isn t going to need a full re-installation of windows fingers crossed someone out there can give me some good news Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Lost Admin Privileges

The prompt for Admin during installs is actually a good thing (that is the UAC and you REALLY want it to prompt) BUT you can almost always use any log in the Administrators Group

use CP->User Accounts
add user
set type = Admin
*must* add password to it

save and close

runas /user:$whatever$you$just$created cmd
give that password

it will then create the %profile% for that new user

From then on, you can reply with $whatever$you$just$created and its password
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello to all,

In this path "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools" and in the Administrative Tools folder, there are some items, such as, Services. How can I be familiar with them? When should I use them? I want to completely understand them and their works. How to obtain the goal please?

Thanks in advance.

A:Administrative tools

Hmm; IMO, the best way to learn is to focus on a TASK, not a menu choice on some window. Approaching learning using the latter method is typical of some school or certificate program and the students most frequently leave will little understanding of WHAT to use for a specific task - - and thus fail in their comprehension.

I will enumerate (list) the primary entries in the Administrative Tools;

Component Services
Computer Management
Data Sources
Event Viewer
iSCSI Initiator
Local Security Poliy
Performance Monitor
Print Manager
Task Scheduler
Windows Firewall
Windos Memory Diags
Windows PowerShell Modules
Your homework is to FIRST learn what each of those are and what they control - -
Use a google query something like "What is the windows services?"
See the results of that query here.
Relevancy 26.66%

i'm creating a web page in displays members of a group in a grid view and each cell is a link to the member's personal site.i want to display a snapshot of the member's site when a person hovers the mouse over a cell.
for this the snapshot of the sites are already stored in a database.

i want to know to do this which of the following is more suitable.ajax or JavaScript?
and can anyone help me in starting the whole thing?i have no idea of where to start.
i went through lot of forums and now i'm really very confused.
i'm new to the
any help regard this is really appreciated.thank you.

A:Retrieving data from a database with the onmouseover event

I have seen something like what you are looking for. It is called Snap Shots.. You can see it on a live web site here Just hold the mouse over one of the links on the page and you will see the snap shots. Not sure if it's Java, Javascript or what but it may be what you are looking for,, It seems to be free but you have to register with the company. I have not used it for any of my web sites but it looks pretty good. Here is a link to their main page Also I found out you can install an add-on for your browser that will allow the snapshots for any web site including google searches and such.
Relevancy 55.47%

We have a Server 2003, logged on as administrator account or administrator privilege, Event Viewer allows Save then Clear, but not Clear and save.
From the server,
Event Viewer
Select Application
Clear All Events
Do you want to save ?Application? before clearing?
Save ?Application? As
Message ?Clearing the event log failed because of the following error:? Access is denied
From the server,
Event Viewer
Select Application
Save log file as
Then Clear, No problem

Any ideas what would cause this? Worked for years Event Viewer Clear, then Save As, but now only save first, then clear

Relevancy 25.8%

I wanted to change my user account name so I followed instructions from a article I found online in which it looked credible enough but apparently not It instructed to RUN quot Control Userpasswords quot which brings up the User accounts window Then I clicked on account I wanted to change name which happens to be main Admin account and clicked on quot PROPERTIES quot There I was able to change quot USER NAME quot Everything seemed fine until I tried to open WORD but failed with an error message it read quot click run virtualization han quot on top of window and the number quot quot inside the window I then went back to reverse what I did and found the quot USER ACCOUNT quot window empty my account that used to be there was deleted So I tried to System Restore and that failed with another error window I also noticed I was not able to open UNINSTALL PROGRAMS window can any body help me I would greatly appreciate your time nbsp

A:Accidentally deleted admin account by changing user name

Start Windows system restore before you boot. Tap F8 key as it's turning on, you'll get the option (Windows 7).
Relevancy 26.23%

I have been experiencing hard crashes a lot recently (started yesterday) with this code in event viewer. I also have my most recent dump files.

A:XP SP3 System Error Category (102) Event ID 1003 Code 1000007f

Looks like the minidumps are pointing to a network driver used for an Intel Pro100 adapter. Do you have one?
Relevancy 26.66%

So I can't install my adobe acrobat pro unless I'm logged in under admin.
Any idea how I can do this to my other account?
This happens with multiple programs, not just adobe.
I am running windows xp Pro

A:Software won't run unless under admin account

make the other accounts admin. or install software for all the users.

if you only have limited account restart computer and keep pressing F8 button and when options show up choose Safe Mode and choose Administrators Account.

Hope it helps
Relevancy 28.38%

Currently on my flash stick, I keep folders, subfolders of machines ex. HP, Dell, then another folder Dimension 2400 and list all the drivers for the machine so my work ca be done quicker.

I like to add some tools, what are some must tools, only tool I have right now is CPU-z.

A:Help me create my USB drive with tools, tech bench!

Sometimes I have to work on PC's which only have Windows and Office.
So I have two Flash memory sticks with useful portable programs installed.
One has 'PortableApps' program launcher with many programs converted to portable use by John T. Haller;~
Use the pop-up menu, and it's options, to add the programs you require.

On my other stick I have, 'Codysafe', a similar idea. See;~

*I use Firefox 2 portable, CCleaner portable, Recuva, Abiword portable, Auslogics Defrag and many others. All the portable programs run on either 'Launcher'.
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know of any tool that can simplify the process of configuring roaming user profiles. I have 4 computer; 2 running XP and 2 Running Win 7 (Ultimate and Home Premium). I want to make my Win7 Ultimate my main computer (server) and store a user account in it which can then be accessed from any of the other computers. So, Is there any software to simplify this as I am sort of running into trouble!

Thanks in advance

A:Roaming User Account Tools

No one has any idea of any possible program?
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to find a way to run some admin apps or utilities from my flash drive so that my tools and credientials are available and valid where ever I might be onsite.
Tools that I use are simple ones like Active Directory, DHCP, and a vpn app called Bozteck. Portability would make support more readily available.

A:Portable admin tools?

Here have used a program that runs various portable apps from a flash stick.
Whether it would work with security and your various log-ins I don't know.
But can say this program is easy to work with and to carry many types of program around. It's at;