Windows Support Forum

Transferring iTunes music library to new PC

Q: Transferring iTunes music library to new PC

Hi all I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one Got a new PC and I'm having some trouble with iTunes finding my music library Both machines were are running Windows XP well the old machine was running home edition new one is running Pro not that it probably matters and the latest version of iTunes I followed the steps on the Apple website for transferring the music and library http support apple com kb HT viewlocale en US the only difference being I used a portable HDD rather than my iPod I've gone to library music iTunes new Transferring PC through this process before a couple of times when I've had Transferring iTunes music library to new PC to format my hard drive for whatever reason and I've never had an issue until now I copied the iTunes folder over the the My Music folder like normal so the library files should all be correct Install iTunes and sure enough my library shows up just like normal Only problem is iTunes can't seem to locate the mp files themselves properly anymore Here's what I think is happening On my old PC the iTunes library files were stored in My Documents My Music like normal however due to lack of hard drive space I stored the actual mp files on a different hard drive in the machine in this case d mp This worked fine when I formatted that machine because iTunes was still pointed to the same hard drive for the music files as nothing changed on that hard drive when I formatted the primary drive with Windows on it In this case I've moved all the mp s to the default iTunes directory My Documents My Music iTunes iTunes Music since I don't have the hard drive space restraints I was dealing with before I confirmed that iTunes is pointing to the proper directory under Edit Preferences Advanced settings however every time I click on a song it's telling me it can't find the mp file and is asking me to locate it manually As far as I can see there's no way to do this easily without selecting one song at a time and locating the file for it I don't have the time or patience to go through my entire library and manually find all the files so is there an easier way to do this I was thinking if I delete my old library it may even be easier to re-add all the songs to a new one because at least that way I could select entire folders rather than one song at a time Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Transferring iTunes music library to new PC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Transferring iTunes music library to new PC

Delete your iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Music Library.xml from the computer with the problem and then re-add the music. They are normally stored in the My Music\iTunes folder but I don't know where they would be stored on your machine. It sounds like you copied the library files over from the computer with all your music on the C drive so the new computer will look for the files on the C drive. The only way to stop this is to delete the library and have it re-find the songs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/transferring-itunes-music-library-to-new-pc-359202.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello and good evening to you all. I need some help please. I will be getting a new desktop pc tomorrow, and I wish to transfer my current itunes library and all my itunes settings and playlists to my new desktop with no issues please. Both desktops are windows 10. I am looking for an excellent user guide to do this please I am not a mac user, so i need proper instructions for windows 10 users please. I have my itunes library set in a special way for example latest dates added, my playlists, etc, and I want ALL of this to be exactly the same on the new desktop when I move all the stuff over. Any help would be much appreciated.
Jules

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/transferring-itunes-libraryplaylists-new-pc-4600941/
Relevancy 83.85%

I am trying to help my brother in law transfer his purchased music that he has in Dell Jukebox by Musicmatch into his new iTunes. I thought iTunes would just find all of his music on his PC, but it did not identify any of his songs in Jukebox. He has a Dell PC with Windows XP. I became a mac convert about 2 years ago and have forgotten some of my PC proficiency to date. Any details you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello - I have just downloaded iTunes to give it a try, but I can''t see how to transfer some (or all) of my songs on Windows Media Player to the new program. Can anyone please give me an idea of how to go about this, as I want to try sorting all my music into playlists in iTunes. Thanks and regards.

Relevancy 82.56%

My brother just downloaded a bunch of mp3s into my Music folder in my new laptop. I recently bought a 5.5 gen Video iPod and decided to include all these new songs in it. By dragging and dropping them into the iTunes library, they all went in.

That┤s what I thought! When I saw the Library list, it was much shorter! I tried to manually drag-and-drop specific mp3s that hadn┤t been copied onto the Library list. The Ęplus signĘ icon indicating a file is being included showed up, but the file is not in there.

I have checked the properties in these files and they are the same as others in the Library, why are they not going thru?

Thanks,

Ivo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-including-music-in-library.656311/
Relevancy 82.56%

Help anybody? My operating system is Windows 10 and I am using the latest iTunes version, 12.3.2; the problem I've encountered is that with some CDs, when I download them into iTunes and call up the downloaded file, only one or two of the tracks are shown in black whilst the rest are greyed out. This doesn't prevent the greyed out tracks being played in iTunes, but if I try and burn those tracks to make a compilation CD, they wont burn. There is no such problem with the tracks shown in black (on the same CD). I've tried re-downloading the CD, but it makes no difference. Any ideas how to resolve this problem gratefully received.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-music-in-itunes-library-to-cd.1166766/
Relevancy 74.39%

My problem is maybe a little complicated I want to move my iTunes library to an external hard drive Unfortunately I tried to move it without following the proper instructions from Mac I moved the music files iTunes Music folder to the external hard drive and deleted the folder and music files from my computer after the move Then I went to iTunes preferences to change the location of iTunes Media to the external Then I checked it and iTunes couldn t play couldn t find any of the files of course I moved everything back changed the preferences still couldn t find the songs so I re-created my library and playlists following the instructions from Apple support Now most of my music is back in iTunes but not all Some of it it said it couldn t find I m not sure of all of the music it can t find I know some of it from memory All of the files are in the iTunes Music folder I (iTunes some library iTunes Solved: Library Help find songs) can't assume and I so want to added the files it couldn t find but not duplicate everything I have in my library already Then move my files to the external properly How do I do this Bonus question None of my I iphone applications are in my iTunes I m afraid to connect my phone now as I fear I will lose the applications and Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs) the info in those apps How should I handle this Sorry for the long explanation Thanks for your patience nbsp

A:Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-library-help-itunes-library-cant-find-some-songs.939142/
Relevancy 72.67%

Referencing this earlier forum posting and answer: http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/710391-solved-itunes-cant-find-my.html

I followed the same steps as directed and was able to successfully restore my entire music library, which is great! However, all my Playlists are now empty. Did I permanently lose them? I find it hard to believe that they are not mapped somehow and even if the files moved locations that I would lose all the data contained in them.

I have a complete back-up on another drive. How can I move the backed up Playlists over to my main iTunes account? Thank you for any assistance you can provide me to remedy this very frustrating and time consuming problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-lost-my-music-library-and-now-upon-restoration-my-playlists-are-all-empty.1033901/
Relevancy 72.24%

I use a Lenovo y to virus to to scans pick... my get when virus computer seems HDD it and library copy a I import iTunes, music crippling my but My laptop on Windows -bit Currently my computer is not infected because I reinstalled the OS from backup discs but I d like to figure out what is wrong with the files or which ones are infected instead of losing my whole library When I just copy the files mostly mp s with some mp s and My computer seems to get a crippling virus when I copy my music library to my HDD and import it to iTunes, but virus scans pick... flacs from my iPod classic or external HDD to my computer my computer runs fine But when I import them into iTunes or another media player my computer starts to occasionally lock up and become unresponsive This becomes worse over time until the computer can t be used in anything but safe mode and I My computer seems to get a crippling virus when I copy my music library to my HDD and import it to iTunes, but virus scans pick... have to restore from my backup discs I ve run My computer seems to get a crippling virus when I copy my music library to my HDD and import it to iTunes, but virus scans pick... Microsoft Security Essentials Malwarebytes and boot-time Avast scans on my computer and these files and none of them pick up anything Does anyone know what the problem is and if I can resolve it without losing all my files

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481085/my-computer-seems-to-get-a-crippling-virus-when-i-copy-my-music-library-to-my-hdd-and-import-it-to-itunes-but-virus-scans-pick-up-nothing/
Relevancy 66.22%

Apologies if I'm on the wrong board but hoping for advice on rebuilding my iTunes library without library.xml rebuilding library on iTunes Advice without or .itl? a full library xml or itl I'm on Windows bit iTunes My tech skills are poor and after a corrupted library event I just reinstalled itunes and then added my itunes folder from my C drive in itunes File gt Add Folder To Library However not all the songs on the HD were added to my iTunes library i e for many albums random tracks were missing when viewed in iTunes the original xml and itl files were corrupted and I didn't try to use them for this I can go to Advice on rebuilding iTunes library without library.xml or .itl? the iTunes folder on the C drive and right-click to Open those missing files with iTunes After they have been played like that then they are visible in the library in itunes but doing that with every individual missing track is incredibly time-consuming I've just bought a new PC and want to port my whole library over to the new machine Is there any way of moving all the files to the new machine via external HD and then rebuilding the library without gaps even if the library xml and itl files from the old machine have gaps Any suggestions would be really appreciated or somewhere else to go to find help Many thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621251/advice-on-rebuilding-itunes-library-without-libraryxml-or-itl/
Relevancy 64.93%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hiya!!

Today i noticed odd problem with my iTunes, my iTunes didn't add all my albums to library?? I really don't know why, it adds some albums but not all...

My music is here:
G:\Music (where G:\ is external drive)

I tried so many times to add those missing albums to iTunes library but no luck...i tried add folder to library and add files to library but no luck...it will not appear to my iTunes library...

Here's how it looks in my external:
G:\Music\Delain\April Rain.mp3 (there's only 1 archive in every artist and then mp3)

Please help me!

iTunes version: 9.2.0.61 x64

A:My iTunes is not adding all my albums to my iTunes library

1) Are all the affected files .mp3s
2) Have you tried moving any of these files into a different folder and re-adding
3) Do the files open up ok manually with iTunes??

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/95428-my-itunes-not-adding-all-my-albums-my-itunes-library.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Is there any way I can do this??

I'm trying to downgrade from iTunes 10.5 to a version that doesn't crash (see my previous thread). However, whenever I do this, I cannot import my Library file (.itl) because it was created by a newer version of iTunes.

No, an older version of the iTunes Library file is NOT acceptable, as I have added music since then.

A:Downgrading iTunes without losing iTunes Library.itl???

I'm not sure exactly how you use I-tunes.

I use an 8 or 10 year old version (4.9). It works fine on Win 7 SP 1 64-bit. No crashes.

I get new mp3s nearly every day.

The easiest way I have found to add the new mp3s to I-tunes is simply to clear the old library and then re-create it every week or so. I have about 22,000 songs and this process takes about 6 minutes. I just did it yesterday.

Song management is important to me and I do not want I-tunes to do anything "automatically", so I restrict it to playback only. I manually control the library by making a new one with all new songs every week. There might be another way, but it would conflict with my own ideas about file management---I don't want I-tunes involved in that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/187427-downgrading-itunes-without-losing-itunes-library-itl.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I recently migrated to Windows My music collection stumbled along the way and I had to re-fetch artwork for a few albums in WMP I also Xbox album No art library or in music Music! set it up in iTunes My default app for MP s is WMP As you can see below artwork only appears when in the folder view which somewhat defeats the purpose of libraries in the first place I'd prefer to No album art in music library or Xbox Music! sort them by artist with album art displayed without a folder as it should and as it did in Windows Art appears in folder view but not artist or album view On a related note I recently added many new MP s to my collection When I opened Xbox Music for the first time afterwards it seemed to be downloading art to add it to my older albums all of which have art Then the process was somehow interrupted I believe I closed the app Then when I opened it again none of them had art I would very much appreciate your help

A:No album art in music library or Xbox Music!

Help please?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25914-no-album-art-music-library-xbox-music.html
Relevancy 61.06%

How do I transfer iphone music that is in itunes to window pc itunes ? this include purchased and non-purchased from itunes.

A:how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes

You can't transfer non purchased music to iTunes from your iphone, you will have to import it from another source. For the music purchased from the iTunes store there are two ways to do it. The easiest is to authorize the computer in iTunes and redownload the purchased items. Here's a link that explains both options. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201267 .

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/25468-how-move-iphone-music-itunes-windows-itunes.html
Relevancy 58.91%

If I use a program like WinMX to download mp3s to my hard drive, then want to transfer those files to a new computer, what would be the simplest solution?

Relevancy 58.91%

I have many old '78 vinyl records and I would like to transfer the recordings to my PC. How is this done and what accessories do I need (if any) to perform this feat?
I have WindowsXP, available HD space and 256 Mem. Windows Media Player is my vehicle of choice.
Sure could use some help.

A:transferring music

Use music match it is much better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-music.136424/
Relevancy 58.91%

I want to try something and Transferring music don t know if it can be done I have over cassettes and haven t listened to them in over years I want to know if I can transfer cassettes to CD s I have a line coming out of my cassette player Pioneer double cass deck and coming into my laptop computer thru the microphone jack my CD burner is Iomega brand x x I tried copying one song and it Transferring music quit stopped after seconds but the cassette continued to play When I played it back ouch It was overdriving and sounded distorted I think I need an attenuator but try explaining that to a kid at radio shack well I tried and he looked at me like I Transferring music was quot blonde quot I figured the attenuator would reduce the volume level coming into my laptop Can someone please give me step by step instructions and quot parts quot that I will need to accomplish what I am trying to do Also I am not wanting to copy whole cassettes because face it not many of us who bought cassettes like every song on every cassette we own Thanks nbsp Transferring music

Relevancy 58.48%

I've ripped a bunch of albums on an XP computer and they show up and play fine on WMP on that computer. I then copied all of the folders for these albums onto another computer on the network. After doing this, all albums are shown twice in WMP12. The first instance has song #1 on it with no album info or song info, but the album picture appears correctly. The second instance of the album has all the rest of the songs listed, that is #2 through #10 or whatever, with all song and title information intact. It does this on every album that was transfered this way.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-music-across-network.873192/
Relevancy 58.48%

I didn't know if I should put this under Vista since that's what system I have but here goes. When I rip a CD to my computer the songs go to Media Player. I have an external hard drive I would like to store my music on. How can I transfer the music from Media Player to the external drive? In the future can I rip the music directly to the external hard drive or do I still put them in the Media Player? I haven't done much of this so I guess I need to know the procedure. Thanks.

A:Transferring Music To External Hd...

I don't know about Media Player, but with a program like CDex, you can rip them to anywhere, you want to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116958/transferring-music-to-external-hd/
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought 2 different portable mp4 players(chinese),both with 32gb memory,when transferring music to them they are transferring at about 3mb per second and all is ok,but when they have about 8.2gb on them,they speed up transferring to about 13.5mb's per second and when they are done,I look at the folder that I was transferring it says that folder is empty,this happens on both players.
I see on my computer that the players have plenty of gb's left on them,but they don't accept anymore music on them.
Is there some kind of setting on the computer that limits music transfers to a certain amount?,I can understand if maybe one of them has just 8gb memory(false advertising),but both of them?
Could it be my computer or is it the chinese players?
Another words i can't put anymore music on them,why?
Thanks for your help
Ed

A:Solved: Transferring music

No, the computer doesn't limit you on how much music you can transfer.

I have heard of people getting scammed with USB thumb drives where the drive reports it has more capacity than it actually has. Maybe your music players report having 32G capacity but in reality only have 8GB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-transferring-music.1145551/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi..my son has got a virus on PC and has not backed up anything...gonna reformat HD, but can music be transferred back from ipod to itunes afterwards?
thanks
Steve

A:Transferring music from ipod to pc

The iTunes software is strictly one way for copying music files from the PC to the iPod.

You may want to check out the suggestions posted by DarqueMist in this topic:

http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/501729-recovering-files-my-ipod.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-music-from-ipod-to-pc.502410/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm not sure if this would be the right place to post this and if it's not, I'm sorry, but...

I'm getting a new computer, and I'd like to transfer all of my music and pictures from this one to the new one. I was thinking a flash drive, but I've heard they have problems with reading/writing the information. One of my friends also told me to just upload all of it, but I just found out not long ago that I can't make zip files because of the lack of space, and even if I could, I don't think my computer would function right and actually finish uploading them. So I've basically run out of options, if there's any programs or something that could do this, I'd be grateful if you let me know.
thank you.

A:Transferring Music/pictures To A New Pc

When you a usb connection on your PC take a memorystick they costs about USD. 25 for 1 GB

If you have a CD/DVD writer burn everything on media which is the cheap[er solution. Uploading will take ages on the internet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76015/transferring-musicpictures-to-a-new-pc/
Relevancy 58.48%

My mom wants to put the new journey CD on her ipod MY itunes is set up on a comp. another to Transferring from one Music laptop Windows that has a CD drive while the itunes synced to her ipod is on a laptop Windows XP that only has USB ports This is what I ve tried At first I was using a burned CD because that was what was conveniently available to me I put the CD into my computer went to My Computer copied the files from quot DVD RW Drive quot to my Flash drive It shows up as Track Track etc I would have copied and pasted from windows media where it had the names of the songs listed but it doesn t give you an option even right clicking to copy Then I put the flashdrive in to the USB of the other laptop connected her ipod and oped Itunes I then went to quot File quot quot Add Folder to Library quot and chose the appropriate folder from my flashdrive Nothing showed up in the Itunes library I thought maybe it was because it was coming off a removable disk so I copy and pasted the files into a folder on the desktop repeated the process and got the same result I did this several times I thought maybe it was because I had a copy of the CD so I tried again with the original CD Same thing Help nbsp

A:Transferring Music from one comp. to another

You don't want an audio CD for transfers, just a data CD. So either choose data CD in options if you can, or use an ordinary burning app to burn the files. They should look the same on the CD as they do on your machine for the transfer and not be divided into tracks.

Another good burner is:

Infra Recorder

It works well on most machines without conflicting with anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-music-from-one-comp-to-another.1036824/
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently backed up all of my itunes and pictures using a travel drive and then my Dell labtop crashed. I want to transfer my itunes on to my new labtop using the travel drive. I have transfered them manually to the new labtop. The songs appear but when I try to play them Itunes tells me it cannot locate the songs. The new laptop is also a pc(acer) Is there any thing I can do, or is all my library lost?

A:Transferring Itunes using a travel drive

Transfer the songs onto a folder on the harddrive in the laptop.

Then from there, click and drag the songs into iTunes.

Then disconnect the flash drive and try playing your songs in iTunes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-itunes-using-a-travel-drive.960531/
Relevancy 58.05%

My old lap top is all but dead at this point. It will be more cost effective to replace it. Can I use a portable storage device to move all of my itunes files to my new computer?

A:Transferring itunes files from an old laptop to a new one

it's not quite that simple. the easiest way is to sync the ipod and then sync again with the new pc. simply dragging the files to a usb stick and dropping on the new pc wont work (if it does, i think you have to register the music files again).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transferring-itunes-files-from-an-old-laptop-to-a-new-one.121084/
Relevancy 58.05%

First Post!!

I updated my itunes library to the most recent version this weekend and now I can't find any of my songs in my Itunes library. Need help in recovering!!!

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-gone.559778/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi.

I have my iTunes library stored and used via a seagate 750GB Ext HD, I used to use my old laptop to access, add, edit etc data in my library, unfortunately my old laptop (Running Vista) got damaged beyond repair and was totally unusable, so I bought a new laptop (HP G61, running Windows 7 home premium). I have managed to deauthorise and authorsie the laptops as required.

My problem is that although I can access iTunes in the Ext HD via my new laptop I cannot edit any of the data in the iTunes library - when I go to "get info" all of the data is lightly greyed out and cannot be edited in any way. I've tried converting all the tracks to AAC but this doesn't work.

Please can someone advise how I can get to edit my library.

Many thanks in advance

Relevancy 58.05%

recently deleted Itunes library by selecting all and deleting. I have all of my music in one folder on my external hard drive. Upon reinstalling that folder to itunes, realized that hundreds of tracks are missing. Only certain cd's that i burned are missing and not the most recent. I ran a system restore and all the folders came back, but the actual tracks are missing, I did not manually back up my library before this, thinking that all my music was safe. All the music was burned through itunes on this PC. Other files I copied from my laptop are safe. Very perplexed..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library.916415/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone, I hope you are able to give me some advice. As my data store on my PC and laptop are growing ever larger, I would like to move my iTunes library, which is around 60GB, to an external NAS box like the Lacie 1TB NAS - these are fairly cheap but should hopefully enable me to centrally store and manage my iTunes library, and access it from my PC or laptop wherever I am in my house. I am not sure however if this is supported or if it can be done, and I have searched the web but not found a definitive answer. Can anyone out there help me with any advice or guidance please?

Thanks for reading

A:iTunes library on a NAS box?

This is almost exactly what I did with my Zune library when I got an external drive, and I used to have iTunes and I know it can be done the same way.

All you do it move the audio files onto your NAS, and then in iTunes you find all the music that you just moved (they should have exclamation marks next to them) and you delete the tracks from the library. Then you re-import then by going to File -> Import, and choosing the folder(s) on your NAS where you put all the music. The only bummer about doing it is that you lose any star ratings that you had, and they might get deleted off of playlists that you created (I've never bothered to make playlists).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-on-a-nas-box.879448/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Everyone,
I am hoping that someone can help me with a situation involving the iTunes libraries of my two children. One has a pretty hefty-sized one and the other will be getting an Ipod for Christmas, so I expect his will grow to good size relatively quickly. I have a computer that has a 40GB HD, not nearly enough for the kids and my wife that use it. I have added an external 1TB drive and have copied my daughter's library to it. I believe I have correctly mapped iTunes to the library on the external drive, but iTunes does not populate itself with the content in library. I have struggled with this for hours and hours, even uninstalling/re-installing iTunes multiple times, re-mapping it to the external library to try to get it to "recognize" it. Unfortunately, nothing has worked. Can anyone help me? I would pretty much need step-by-step instructions.
Thanks very much.

Relevancy 58.05%

I had a hard drive failure a few weeks ago so I lost all my files there. My iPhone is currently synced in the iTunes Library of that PC but since my hard drive got broken, now it's lost. I want to put new songs on my iPhone but I can't because it's not synced in the iTunes Library of my laptop. So that means I really need to delete all the stuff again since that's needed in order to sync it to a new library?

A:iTunes Library

Welcome to Seven Forums crusher25. See if this will help you.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3141

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/232394-itunes-library.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, so please let me know if I should repost elsewhere.

iTunes has been asking me to update it's software for a while now & regreatable, I finally caved and did it. Yes, there is some zippy new Genius function on it now, but my entire library is gone. I have sync'd the music that was on my ipod (3rd gen nano), but there was quite a bit of other music and a ton of podcasts in my itunes library.

On my hard drive, I can still see all the folders of all the music and podcasts in my iTunes directory. However, the library folders are all empty.

Is there a way to get the files from all the folders to the appropriate Library folder?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/itunes-library-292277.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I downloaded songs into my itunes, everything was workin fine
then i had to reimage my computer for a different reason
i plugged in my ipod and downloaded itunes again
but the library was messed up, it doesn't show my old songs
it shows my folder under DEVICES
and a new folder under SHARED

how do i get my old folder back with my old songs?
if not how can i delete ALL the songs from itunes and my ipod.
I tried doing it manually but the delete option doesn't come up when i right click.

i know it's really frustrating but ny help would be appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112159/itunes-library/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I backed up my HDD using Acronis on a different PC, I then commenced a clean install of windows 7.
I have restored my documents and music back, and yet there is none of my music there, is there anyway of getting the music back?

A:iTunes Library

I don't know if it is the same on the pc or if there is a better, faster way, but the only way I've ever done it is select all, and then drag and drop. It will take some time to load, depending on how much you have there.

If anyone has a more efficient way, the help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408377/itunes-library/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a bloated iTunes library under El Capitan recent version of iTunes. I need to dedupe and properly name the tracks. Anyone know of a program besides TuneUpMedia?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fix-mac-itunes-library.1163393/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just bought an HP Envy All in 1 w Windows 8. I want to put my music from Zune player onto the computer. I downloaded Zune software, but I cant get music from Zune player to PC. I don't want to use Xbox music if possible. Anyone know how I can continue using Zune on PC and more importantly put my music on PC in Zune file?

A:Transferring music from Zune player to pc

If the Zune conects to the PC OK, you should be able to access the songs via the Windows Explorer.

I have an iPhone5 and I can access pictures on the phone that way.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/24066-transferring-music-zune-player-pc.html
Relevancy 57.62%

so i got a new laptop with vista and want to transfer my music over from my old laptop (xp). first i attempted to use the Sony Vaio Memory Center (a program that comes with the new Vaios so you can transfer your data once for free), but it timed out. Then I tried the Vista transfer files utility, and that timed out too. I used my 1GB flash drive to transfer all my other files, but there is way too much music for me to use that.

What do you guys do when you need to transfer files?

A:transferring music files to new computer

Easiest way is netwok the PC'sGet the transfer key from Vista pc. Start the wizard on the XP machine and enter key. I would copy them ,just in case of a loss.See the BC tutorial ,,, Using Windows Easy Transfer to transfer your data to a new computerNext easiestThe Easy Transfer Cable in method #4 is about $30 USD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182818/transferring-music-files-to-new-computer/
Relevancy 57.62%

can anyone advise im trying to transfer music from a folder to a sd card im using windows xp home edition and my processor has a sd card reader but when i put card in and try to copy folder to it i get the message THIS DISC IS WRITE PROTECTED ,REMOVE THE WRITE PROTECTION OR USE ANOTHER DISC
an help greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-music-to-sd-memory-card.417006/
Relevancy 57.62%

my pc seems to skip my music every time i transfer files to an external hard drive. my computer should have no problem doing this with no issues, only thing i can think of is that i have ide hard drives, and maybe they are too slow. any suggestions?

my pc: asus m2n-e, amd athlon 64x2 2.5 ghz, 2x1 gig ocz ram, evga 8800gts 320mb, maxtor 200 gig ide hard drive. the external is a buslink, i believe the actual drive in it is a seagate though, and i connect it through an external sata port.

A:transferring files while listening to music

That's pretty normal, you're just getting audio proof that some bus or the processor is trying to do both tasks (and more) at once and short timeouts are occuring. You can see the same effect the other way around if you start a transfer and get an estimation of the transfer time then start any continuous access process and the transfer time will increase, sometimes dramatically.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-files-while-listening-to-music.662433/
Relevancy 57.62%

The title is the question. Any advice out there?

Relevancy 57.62%

Just a general question, In music library upper right corner it says folder with a drop down arrow and under the drop down are choices of album,artist,song,genre,rating when clicking on one of those nothing happends. Also when sharing my music alot of my songs are locked. I've tried select all/ share and tried doing them individually, neither work. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-library.914463/
Relevancy 57.19%

Issue When transferring songs to IPOD through the use of a PC itunes or real player a blue faulty screen will eventually show with some error and then my computer restarts I have about songs for a GB IPOD and it seems to always stop around G when transferring I tried using the IPOD on another computer and it seems to be fine Also when I play PC when itunes.. songs transferring using crashes to or ipod music using iTunes it causes the PC to crash as well without the IPOD connected During PC crashes when transferring songs to ipod or using itunes.. the error report it usually says there is PC crashes when transferring songs to ipod or using itunes.. an error with the Hard Drive Western Digital SATA hard drive hard to use a jumper to adjust to the SATA settings of this motherboards and it couldn t read it for a second It advises to to a ScanDisk CHKDSK PC crashes when transferring songs to ipod or using itunes.. run but when I do this during reboot it stops in STEP out of at - and does nothing Did this for day Other error reports supposedly report a faulty device driver error and advise to update drivers but I ve updates Apple iTunes Contacted Hard Drive manufacturer Western Digital and they believe it is a controller device driver issue or something related Tried updating the bios Tried installing the VIA for drivers and other drivers in the Motherboards Installation CD Running a Disk Tools before the OS even shows itself reports no errors However when you are partially booted and the computer is scheduled to check the disk there are errors won t move A lso if I have a USB hard drive connected to the PC such as an IPOD or external usb hard drive sometimes the computer switches boot devices hard drives and thinks that the IPOD External Hard drive is the boot device This is also reflected in the BIOS and the USB connected hard drive replaces my main SATA hard drive western digital and my computer doesn t completely reboot unless I go under the BIOS and change it It s weird because I DO NOT CHANGE THE BIOS For some reason it changes on its own This only crashes when using iTunes or connecting IPOD to Computer Have seen Hard Drive Error and quot KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR quot I have no idea what s going on Please Help Me My system ASUS K V-X Athlon XP gb corsair ddr ram SATA Raid generation Hard drive mb BIOS Monday February System Error Error code parameter c parameter c parameter parameter e b Tuesday February Disk The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D Tuesday February System Error Error code f parameter parameter b parameter cb parameter c nbsp

A:PC crashes when transferring songs to ipod or using itunes..

Hello and welcome to techspot.

I personally can't read those error code but i think basically it's the iTunes corruption error.

Have you try turning off ALL iTunes related services and processes and insert iPod? If problem persists, well maybe somehow you need to completely uninstall all iTunes - quicktime - macintosh related software.

(usually after installing iTunes ipod services is automatically turned on.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-when-transferring-songs-to-ipod-or-using-itunes.70659/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have another question. I replace a bad HDD so all of my 360 song on a 4 gig Nano went up in flames . Is there any way to tranfer those songs from my iPod Nano back to the iTunes 7.7? Is there some legal third party software that can do this? I haven't dowload iTunes as of yet. As always thanks big time guys & gals.

tdb

A:iPod: Transferring songs back to iTunes

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdb

I have another question. I replace a bad HDD so all of my 360 song on a 4 gig Nano went up in flames . Is there any way to tranfer those songs from my iPod Nano back to the iTunes 8.1? Is there some legal third party software that can do this? I haven't dowload iTunes as of yet. As always thanks big time guys & gals.

tdb

Yes, there is and it's call iDump and it's free: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-23799.html
Go over to youtube and they're several video's with step by step instructions how to use. Very simple.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ipod-transferring-songs-back-to-itunes-276550.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Just bought new computer with Windows 8. I've been trying to transfer itunes library. Tried Home Sharing, but the only songs that transferred were the ones I purchased.

Next I tried downloading individual songs to a flash drive and copying them to the Music file. This is working, but it is taking forever.

Is there a quicker way to get my itunes library onto my new computer (old computer had Vista)?

A:Transfering itunes library

It should be easiest to simply move your entire Music collection to the My Music folder in Windows 8 then install iTunes and it will usually pick up your music collection straight away and add it to it's own Library.

I've done this before and never had any problems with DRM.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16836-transfering-itunes-library.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok, so iTunes puts it's library in your My Music folder. That's fine. The problem that I have is that my My Documents is redirected to another machine. So "My Music" folder is on another machine. This is a problem when I open and close iTunes because it is saving the library over the network (takes forever). Is there anyway to move my library locally? I know how to move the actual iTunes music (I don't store any music in there anyway), but I can't figure out how to move the library itself. If I move it, it recreates a new (and empty) library in the default location and I don't get anywhere. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am using Windows MCE 2005, iTunes 7.0.2.

Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-itunes-library.520034/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently started using Itunes and have downloaded 500+ cds from my collection onto itunes. These were all saved on an external usb hard drive. I now have a new computer as the old one was too slow and downloaded itunes again from the Apple site with the icon on my desktop. I have changed edit - preferences to my f: drive, but my music and all the artwork are nowhere to be seen. If I go to explore and checkout the drive everything is there, but the new downloded Itunes displays nothing. I have logged into itunes using the same user and password, how do I get all my albums and artwork to be reconised by my new computer?

A:Itunes library problem

S1dd,

You would first need to add the music - you have changed the music location but you have not added them back into your library. There are a few ways this can be done:

1.) If you have access to your old machine - where your music is stored there will be a file named iTunes Music Library.xml and another file called iTunes Library (if you are unsure of where these files might be I would suggest searching your machine, however, they will be within the iTunes folder which can usually be located under My Music). Copy both of these over to the new machine (again, where the files are located on the new machine) ensuring iTunes is shut before overwriting the existing files and upon opening iTunes the music should be there.

2.) Open the file menu and click Add to Library, point it to where your music is (you stated F drive) and it should then add the files back into your iTunes library.

Once you have completed either step your will need to "Authorize this Computer" which can be located under the store menu. This will allow you to play songs previously purchased in iTunes and also purchase new songs.

Hope this helps!

Domasmak

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-problem.975885/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey everyone,

So I am trying to move my music library from one computer to another and have noticed a small issue with some downloaded songs from iTunes.
While looking through my folders, I have found that not all songs are in their proper directory. I have the iTunes library set to consoliate everything on my computer, putting the files into appropriate folders, etc. Instead, they are being placed in a "downloads" folder with the song title being another folder with .tmp at the end. Here are a few pictures....

Any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-problem.968156/
Relevancy 57.19%

hello!

i recently downloaded the new itunes...some upgraded version or something like that...either way, first, a total of 10 songs out of 500 played on my itunes program..then, later that night, somehow i must have accidentally moved the file, or my computer ate them. now, my entire itunes library is blank. before, i still had all the songs, just the message box with "the original music file cannot be found" and now, there's nothing. If you could please help, that'd be great! Thanks!

A:Itunes Library Dissappeared!

Hopefully the music files are still somewhere on your harddrive. Do a windows search for *.aac or *.mp3 depending on which format they're in. Clear out your iTunes library and add the files back in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-dissappeared.503428/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey Everyone!

I have another silly question.. Well, to you it's probably silly, but to me it is crucial I find the correct answer or I will most likely mess something up.

I have a huge iTunes library. I have no room on my pc anymore, with my songs and video, and then my scanner software and photos.. so.. I am purchasing a laptop and need to know how to transfer all of my songs and video to it.

I want to be able to transfer, in the easiest way, close to 6,000 songs, and then transfer the itunes software to the laptop. Can I use a travel drive to save my songs?

Do I have to save the entire library as a data file? Or do I have to save each song? I don't have a clue how to go about doing this, but I'm sure there is a simple answer.

Thanks!

Renee

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-itunes-library.507475/
Relevancy 57.19%

Right before my old laptop died, I backed everything up to my external drive.

I took the external drive, went to the music folder, and copied all the files. Then I pasted the files in the iTunes folder of the music folder in my new computer. Now the folder on my new computer looks like this:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But when I try to play music from iTunes, I get this error:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've googled the issue, but the answers seem a bit confusing. I would appreciate any help that you would be able to give. Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-itunes-library.943179/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there I managed it to damage my iTunes library Especially my Podcast details are gone although everything is still in place Also the re-import failed the only thing that it did was duplicate the existing titles without merging them can library? me my Who repair iTunes help with the quot old quot titles which do include ratings etc but have a broken path somehow Config I do use an iPod Classic and no iPhone I use Windows x the mp and m a files are on my network share NAS and I have no full library backup Yet I'm sure all the details are still in the database files - it is just that I defaulted it I'd be really happy Who can help me repair my iTunes library? if someone would be Who can help me repair my iTunes library? willing to help me much appreciated I'd send you the last quot backup quot I made after seeing the first Who can help me repair my iTunes library? problems occuring or the current library files so you could have a deep look into it The most important thing for me is to get back my podcast details listened to unlistened i e marked as un read If there would be a way to merge that into a new database I'd be happy as well although I'd love to preserve my music ratings as well Side note I want to keep the music files on my network share NAS to stream it to the other PCs and remotely Yet one can't rate via the streaming access is there a way to replace this by the new quot Home Sharing quot or in another way Thanks for your help in advance Kind regards

A:Who can help me repair my iTunes library?

Quote: Originally Posted by KnowledgeWorker

Hi there,

I managed it to damage my iTunes library. Especially my Podcast details are gone, although everything is still in place. Also the re-import failed, the only thing that it did was duplicate the existing titles without merging them with the "old" titles, which do include ratings etc., but have a broken path somehow.

Config: I do use an iPod Classic and no iPhone. I use Windows 7 x64, the *.mp3 and *.m4a files are on my network share (NAS) and I have no full library backup. Yet I'm sure all the details are still in the database files - it is just that I defaulted it.

I'd be really happy if someone would be willing to help me, much appreciated!
I'd send you the last "backup" (I made after seeing the first problems occuring) or the current library files, so you could have a deep look into it! The most important thing for me is to get back my podcast details (listened to / unlistened, i.e. marked as (un)read). If there would be a way to merge that into a new database I'd be happy as well, although I'd love to preserve my music ratings as well!

Side note: I want to keep the music files on my network share (NAS) to stream it to the other PCs and remotely. Yet one can't rate via the streaming access, is there a way to replace this by the new "Home Sharing" or in another way?...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Kind regards

Gutentag meine freund aus Deutchland! Hey not bad for a AMI!
We are not sure what you mean when you say you damaged your library?
ITunes keeps your library on your hard drive?
If so, how did the damage occur?
Also, if you have all your podcasts on your IPod all you would need to do is a sync operation.
All your music, videos etc. reside on your hard drive.
Let us know what you discover,
regards
Adrian
Vielen Danke.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/28546-who-can-help-me-repair-my-itunes-library.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I copied "My Music" to my external hard drive then deleted it from my main hard drive to save space, but this also deleted my entire iTunes library. Well, I went online to find instructions on how to restore a lost iTunes library but so far, none of the steps have worked to fix the problem and now it looks like I'll have to redownload a whole lot of music, including some I bought online.

I've tried literally everything I can think of. Can someone help me here and hopefully save me a whole lot of hassle?

Thanks!

~SLBurnell

A:Can't seem to restore my iTunes Library - HELP!

Your iTunes library files should be in the iTunes folder in My Music. You should also be able to re-download purchased tracks from within iTunes regardless. Under Store, there's a Purchased link.

Have you tried just moving the My Music folder back to its original location and then doing the iTunes library move correctly?
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1364

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-seem-to-restore-my-itunes-library-help.1018633/
Relevancy 57.19%

I go to the menu and do add folder to library and it says it's adding them and then nothing actually gets added. What's going on? It does this sometimes. And usually I find out that the files aren't supported...but this folder I'm adding now is mp3...so it should technically work. Any ideas?

Relevancy 57.19%

m having trouble with my I tunes library The first time I used I tunes yesterday I loaded all the music and applications I have onto itunes then synced them with my ipod then this morning I plugged in my ipod and got a message that said quot The ipod is synced with another itunes library an ipod can be synced with only one i tunes library at a time what would you like to do quot it then gives me the option to cancel erase and sync or transfer purchases none of the items that i loaded yesterday are library problem Itunes even showing in the library now although i entered the folder i wanted in the preferences section How do I keep my library loaded into itunes and sync with just that library does this make sense also i m not sure if this matters but I dont have any purchases from itunes except apps all the music is from a file on my computer that has been purchased elsewhere and are all mp files everything Itunes library problem is loaded onto my ipod now and I have no lost anything nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-problem.798701/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Everyone First time poster library deleted somehow itunes here with a Windows PC Somehow I have no idea how this happened but all the music in my itunes itunes library somehow deleted folder has been deleted My itunes folder appears as it did the itunes library somehow deleted first day that I installed it All my downloaded music and music from CDs are all gone The music is still on my ipod however I have no idea whether there is a way to get the music back to my computer Can I transfer music from my ipod back to my computer I have done searches for music files and specific names in my computer and came back with nothing so I am pretty sure the files are gone They are not even in my recycle bin The only recent activity on my system that I can think of is two days ago downloaded a couple game demos from the Vivendi Universal Games website and uninstalled them after trying them out If there is anyone out there who can help I would be deeply grateful I hope I didn t just learn the hard way to back up everything more frequently Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-somehow-deleted.391467/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi all,

I have a laptop with a 30gb internal hardrive. I also have about 10gb of stuff in itunes - Music, podcasts, audiobooks etc, but i'm rapidly running out of space on my laptop. I have a 500gb external HD, and want to transfer over my itunes library, however i have heard that you can run into problems if not done properly

So can someone please give me an easy step by step guide to tranfering it?

Thanks,

Nappymonster

A:Moving my itunes library.

You can move the Itunes folder in My Music to the external drive, when you next start iTunes, it will ask you the location of the music to import into the library

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-my-itunes-library.652673/
Relevancy 57.19%

I get this annoying message in iTunes, The iTunes Library Cannot Be Saved. It will pop up at random times but mainly when I minimize it. I tried completely un-installing, deleting all folder related to it, running ccleaner, then re-installing but with no luck.

A:The iTunes Library Cannot Be Saved?

Hi there, create a new user account with admin rights and then install itunes. It should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/65656-itunes-library-cannot-saved.html
Relevancy 57.19%

on my personal computer (winxp home sp2) i'm pushing 35 gigs of my personal music -- legally ripped from my cd's. my brother is going off to college next month. we got him a macbook and at the moment, while he's still home, we're on the same wireless network, and we have sharing set up in itunes so he can listen to my music. is there any way he can download my music onto his harddisk?

thanks!
-will

A:itunes shared library

legally, no.

When you share your music it only makes the listing and your brother can play from that only. No burning or anything else.

Now I don't know what the mods stance on this because of the copyright issue so I will not post the information unless a mod agrees that I can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-shared-library.485955/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey everyone, I have all of my music on an external hard drive. I use itunes on my laptop to play that music. I now have a desktop and want to keep everything on the external hard drive but play the music from my external HD on the desktop instead of the laptop. I want to be able to keep the play list and all those settings. Whats the easiest way to go about doing this?

A:Itunes Library Move

Copy the playlist in the itunes folder ( My Documents ---> My Music ---> Itunes) to your harddrive, then load the playlist once on your Desktop, and bam there you, simply plug into your desktop and your set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-move.703683/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a bit of a problem when trying to move my iTunes library.

The first thing I did was copy the iTunes folder to my second hard drive, and after that I changed my library location in the advanced setting of iTunes to the new location.

I then moved one song out of my old iTunes folder to my desktop. When I tried to play that song in iTunes it said it could not find the file.

What did I do wrong? iTunes should be getting the music from the new destination.

Thanks for all your help.

A:Moving My iTunes Library

iTunes for Windows: Moving your iTunes Music folder

If you lost your music and still have it on the Ipod...you can load the Ipod and get the music back

If you made an error ...sorry to say ...but many times the music is gone

Note: If you move your library to an external drive, you'll need to power up and connect the drive before starting iTunes. If you don't, iTunes will prompt you to either locate the library or to create a new library (which will result in an empty library). No matter what, it's always a good idea to have a backup of the media you have in iTunes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moving-my-itunes-library-388825.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I want to convert my whole itunes library to mp3 format. Currently some songs are mp3's and some are m4a.

Can someone suggest a programe that can convert my whole library, which is organised, so all the files are under artisit then album folders. I dont want to have to go through each file individually as i have around 600 to convert.

Or can anyone suggest and alternative way to convert my whole library?
Cheers

Relevancy 57.19%

missing countless tracks from itunes library after deleting it. Random files missing after i reinstalled it. System restore brought all the folders back to My Music folder on external hard drive, but all the mp3 tracks are missing from there respective folders. any response would be much appreciated

A:how to restore itunes library on xp

The only way I know is to restore your back up, you do make a back up don't you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-restore-itunes-library-on-xp.916417/
Relevancy 57.19%

Ever since I installed an SSD some time ago, I've been having issues with the iTunes library.

I moved my entire library to a new external, however all of the library files within the Music\iTunes folder says in the original location! If I delete them, then iTunes displays no music. When I try to delete it while running iTunes, it says the files are in use, so obviously iTunes is still using them.

I already moved everything (music files) into another folder and saved it in the preferences, its just these darned files!

Attached are the files still in the original folder

Relevancy 57.19%

Well, I figured that I'd open up iTunes, browse the store a bit. However, I recieve a pop up telling me that in order to set up iTunes, I need to select a library.

I had three options:

1)Choose a pre-existiing library
2)Create a New Library
3)Quit

I choose the first one, and selected the library with the closest date, something like two months ago. I opened up iTunes, and all the songs and apps I had added since then were gone. Well over a 100 songs (several of which purchased from the iTunes store) as well as a couple dozen apps. =\

About my iPod:
-> iPod Touch First Generation
-> Version 2.2

What do I do? =\

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185151/itunes-can-not-find-my-library/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey there everyone I m currently upgrading from my old computer to a new one I put together and I have already backed up almost everything on the old machine including my music collection which includes my own ripped iTunes library export an How to CD s and purchased music My problem I use iTunes How to export an iTunes library as my music player and organizer of choice and I don t know how to export or transfer my library including How to export an iTunes library all my playlists to the new machine I tried asking this question at the Apple site but curiously enough How to export an iTunes library Apple removed my thread from the forums They just censored it out of the blue Since it s not en vogue to criticize Apple only Microsoft I m just going to leave it at that and go ahead and ask my question After I copy my music collection onto the new hard drive what do I need to do to restore my old library I have a bunch of playlists that I do not want to lose It took me a long time and years of discipline to organize and maintain my library and now I want to transfer it to another computer and don t know how to do it Please note that I do not want to have it in computers AT THE SAME TIME The old computer will be deauthorized and formatted All I want is to have my music in the new computer exactly as it was in the old one For your information here are the details of my system OS Windows XP Home Processor AMD Athlon X Memory GB RAM Video Card Radeon X iTunes Version And if you guys don t mind a related question I know Apple lets people authorize computers for their purchased music but I formatted one computer without deauthorizing it first and now I have no idea how to free up that spot Simply put the computer no longer exists but is still being counted as one of my authorized computers as far as Apple is concerned I really appreciate all answers tips and suggestions Thank you all in advance and a great weekend to everyone Fred Armando Miami FL nbsp

A:How to export an iTunes library

File > export or File > Export library. You can also right click the playlist you want and select "export song list".

File > Import is the reverse of export (obviously..). Comes up with a file box and you just have to browse to the location of the saved .xml file. I think you do need to have the music in the same file structure as the previous one (if you look in the actual xml file, it lists the full file path with the song/album..)

Provided you still have access to the itunes you want to export from...

as for the deautorizing bit, some googling leads me to find that you can't deauthorize a itunes you no longer have access to, but you can deauthorize all your pcs then simply start again.. although according to some sites it will allow the "all deauthorization" to work a once a year thing.. read up yourself..

google: deauthorizing itunes account

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93014

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-export-an-itunes-library.101106/
Relevancy 57.19%

Alright, I was moving some folders around and accidentally moved my iTunes library folder from it's location in My Music. I realized it mid-move and cancelled it. It had already moved to I tried to move it back. Did so with no problems but now when I try to open iTunes it tells me that "The iTunes Library.itl file is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file." Now I have gone into properties on iTunes and made sure that I have all permissions with it... Not sure what to do, updated iTunes to the latest one Apple offers and it still pops up with the same message. iTunes won't even open up as a program, let alone show me it's library so I'm wondering what is going on... If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

A:iTunes Library Error

hard way to learn; NEVER cancel a MOVE operation
(cancelling a COPY is ok as the original is still in place which leads to a better paradigm;
use COPY then DELETE whenever you have sufficient HD space )

the 'iTunes Library.itl' is a binary file and located (normally) at
My Documents\My Music\iTunes ​which contains
Album Artwork\
iTunes\Music\
iTunes Library Extras.itdb
itunes Genius.itdb
iTunes Library.itl
iTunes Music Library.xml
sentinel
​I would use SEARCH to find these files and copy them back to their proper location

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/itunes-library-error.141501/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am NOT technilogically inclined, however, I have no one else to pawn this off on so, here's my quandry........I want to import my entire itunes library (31GB) from my home computer (basically kids) to my lap top. I signed up for home sharing, but the home computer is slow and doesn't work quite right from the years of kid use. My brother suggested Media Monkey, which I downloaded, but I still can't figure out how to get all my music (in one lump)exported. The flash drive and disc drive port on the home computer is in operable (Lego was shoved in), so I am in a pickle. Any suggestions? I can import each song, one by one, by using home sharing, but with 9,138 songs (and 4 kids) that'll take for every. Help! Thank you!

A:Importing iTunes library

2 options I see here.

First option is go buy a portable HDD or USB Flash Drive large enough to accommodate your library. This will run about $35-$40 for either an 80GB portable HDD or a 32GB Flash Drive. The best part about this option is that not only do you get the library transferred but also have another backup.

Second option is that assuming you have Windows 7 on both computers you can setup the Homegroup which I think you mentioned. Just turn on both computers and tell it to start transferring before you go to bed. This will take some time but even over Wifi it shouldn't take more than a night because it is a direct transfer over your LAN which is only limited by the speed of your local hardware, it is NOT done over the internet. A good wireless router can reach 54mbps so doing a quick approximation it should take under an hour even if you are connected wirelessly. I did the calculation based on a transfer rate of 27mbps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368856/importing-itunes-library/
Relevancy 57.19%

My current Itunes library got replaced by a previous Itunes library I had about two years ago. Help me please!

All the new music is still on my computer but whenever I open my Itunes my old library is there.

A:Itunes library lost

Maybe this might help you out. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93313 One option that I did was that you take all the media in your iTunes library and choose to delete them, iTunes will then ask you to either remove them from the library or move them to the recycle bin. Just click remove from the library. Then go to File -> Add Folder to Library. Browse though to find your folder that you've kept your music on and your library should be restored. Hopefully this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-lost.660125/
Relevancy 57.19%

Can't find a real answer for this on Apple's site...

I have a machine here with multiple users under XP Pro, and want them all to share a single iTunes library. Not just the same songs, which I've figured out, but the same Library files... so if one uses adds music, the others see it without having to re-add the tracks in their own.

By default, iTunes puts its library files (iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Music Library.xml) in each user's My Music\iTunes folder. I'd like all users to have access to the same library files. I've searched the Registry and environment variables but so far haven't found anywhere that this location is specified.

Any suggestions?

A:iTunes shared library?

If you start iTunes on the PC with the SHIFT key held down (keep it down until iTunes actually comes up), it will open a window that prompts you to select the library file you want. Then you can browse through and navigate to your shared library directory. If you are doing this thru the Max (OS X), then you keep the ALT key held down, not shift.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-shared-library.624886/
Relevancy 57.19%

A friend moved into his college dorm and noticed that he could look at other people's iTunes library. He noticed that some are password locked. Is there a way to figure out if his own library is password-locked?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-know-if-my-itunes-library-is-shared.858852/
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer has low memory, so I was cleaning out old files, and finally, freeing space with the control panel function that compresses files etc.I restarted my computer, and iTunes opened with this message:I know I didn't delete any parts of the iTunes program, or my library. I'm not sure what caused this! Can I just restore my library using Yamipod?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88603/itunes-library-went-missing/
Relevancy 57.19%

What will this do? Does it move and organize all the music, if so, does it do all audio files in the PC or just what's in the library?

Also, when I first started using iTunes I had it import CD in to AAC and now I'm wishing they were in mp3, is there an easy way to convert them, or should I just re-rip them in to mp3?

This is on a PC with xp home sp2.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39456/consolidating-library-in-itunes/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have 3 PCs that need to access the same Network disc where the music files are. I have set the default Itunes folder to the correct location.

My Itunes Library is really messed up - Duplicate files - files in folders that don't exist any more. Some files that I know are there do not show up in Itunes.

I think I want to clear the library altogather and rebuild from scratch. I thought I could do that by uninstalling and re-installing Itunes but it found the old Library info. I don't have a ton of files (7GB) so I'm hoping this wont be a long process.

Thanks in advance

Tom

A:ITunes Library Rebuild

if you goto
edit
preferences
advanced tab

you can make itunes use another location for its library - point it to the network disk
and then add the folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-rebuild.786585/
Relevancy 57.19%

I just upgraded to the new itunes version and now I can't find my library. I had it backed up on an external HD but it is gone. Help!

A:Solved: itunes library

I found it in back up history...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-library.749395/
Relevancy 57.19%

okay i have collected a reasonable music help reencode - library itunes collection over the itunes help - reencode library last few years of around songs however as i have become more computer literate itunes help - reencode library i have tweaked the bit rate and encoder i started for a while with the AAC convert that itunes uses to import songs then realised what quality was and wacked it up to kbps then have issues with compatiblity and changed it to mp at then realised that kbps was just as good and smaller so now i would like to convert my library for future compatibility s sake from many different unprotected formats mostly M A whatever that is AAC and MP of different bitrates all to MP at kbps ive tried using the in itunes converter but that does not replace the tracks it just makes a double in the new bitrate or encodeing so i would have massive problems trying to delete half of my library so it would be very very nice if someone could help me with my dilema pretty please lol thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I am thinking about moving my itunes library from my laptop to my external hard drive. I know I can't listen to music on my computer without the hard drive but that is OK. How do I properly do this?

Relevancy 57.19%

I'm getting this message, "The iTunes Library.itl is locked, on a locked disk, or do not have write permissions for this file." I have a Windows XP Pro. I have also looked at the iTunes file in My Computer and the "Read Only" isn't checked. I have been away on vaction for a week and when I got back this message just popped up, no idea why, thanks for you help.

A:Itunes Library Locked?

It shouldn't be checked. Make sure the iTunes Music Library.xml file. isn't checked also
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112145/itunes-library-locked/
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer was diagnosed that it has a virus by the GeekSquad They quoted me to MAYBE fix the problem and if that didn t work then they would do a system restore for another Well I just need a basic computer and while I was waiting for them to check out my computer I saw new computers for Why spend to fix a year old computer So my parents stopped by and dropped off a new computer for me How lucky am I Now my question is can I use all the software and hardware from my old computer or can I possibly transfer the virus to the new computer I am not my I Can library? save Itunes messing around this time P S I Can I save my Itunes library? let my Norton expire and that is why I am where I am right now IDIOT I was using a flashdrive to save my homework to I have CD s with mp s that contain voice files for my homework for school I need to reinstall my wireless desktop card for my internet I need to reinstall Microsoft Word Are the music files on my Ipod possibly infected Can I save my Itunes library? Can I safely transfer all of this or not I have NO idea how this virus thing works and I am paranoid to transfer something to my new computer Thanks for any help or advice I really appreciate it I have been having car trouble and I just paid to get my car fixed and there is nothing I can do about it because I don t know anything about cars well same goes here so it is nice to have a place to talk to people about your options before spending a bunch of money -

A:Can I save my Itunes library?

I got a virus on my computer, and to make a long story short, my parents were nice enough to get me a new computer the day I found out my computer was ill :-) They didn't want me to get behind on my school work. I have a pretty decent Itunes library and I was wondering how to get them safely off my old computer and onto my new computer. I have an Itunes shuffle (the small one). Can I safely zap the music to my ipod and then plug my ipod into my new computer and zap them back into Itunes?

I don't even think I can get to my Itunes on my sick computer. My computer was running SUPER slow and would just shut off on me in the middle of browsing a website.

What are my options with this? Someone said I have lost anything that wasn't a purchase... in other words anything I have put on from a CD. No big deal there. But have I lost my purchases???

Thanks again for any help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211366/can-i-save-my-itunes-library/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have all my music on a Netgear NAS. I would like the computers that play this mussic to essentially work in the same way as ipods. ie the music is replicated on to the pc but the metadata info is fundamentally controlled on the NAS. Playlists recognise that the music is replicated locally.

I have tried the Itunes home server option but it doesn't recognise the NAS as a library.

Is this possible?

Relevancy 57.19%

iTunes latest version of 7....Vista Home Premium

Pentium D 2.8Ghz
256mb Shared graphics
2GB Ram
160GB hardrive

I Can't scroll through my library its annoying, is there anyway to fix this or is it just the way it is??
Using the whatever you call it on the right hand side the bar, i click the up and down arrows, and its not very quick its a bit slow.
Also iTunes takes a while to open like 6 - 10 seconds.....

Relevancy 56.76%

I in error set Iturnes as my default and it removed my husbands Music Library in Windows media player and now I cant find all of his music files that he downloaded.   How do I recover this library?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Recovery-of-music-library/td-p/5795292
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently imported almost 3000 mp3 files into WMP and created a playlist with almost 500 songs. This took several hours to do. Now when I open WMP, it's empty! No playlist, no audio files anywhere. Anybody have any ideas?

A:WMP lost my music library!

Did you save the playlist. Logical thing to do if your making a large list. This happened to me a few times with Winzip with a Playlist of about 400 Songs. Luckily i saved my playlist after i add about 10 new songs to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-lost-my-music-library.78907/
Relevancy 56.76%

So, I don't really understand Xbox Music. After a clean install of Windows 8, I opened Xbox Music, clicked on My Music. It showed 106 albums, none of which are mine as far as I can tell. Later I added my music drive to the Music library, but it still shows the same 106 albums. I have over 22,000 songs; none of them show up in Xbox Music. Very confusing.

A:Xbox Music Library

Well, after about a half an hour it decided to update. Still seems like a mess. I can't tell sometimes which are songs on the Xbox Music Store and which are on my own hard drive. Seems like everything is just mixed together without any reason.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14316-xbox-music-library.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So, my itunes library is almost perfected for my needs and includes all the music i want on my computer. however, when i go to my music folder from start, it's really disorganized and i can't stand it. i just want to know if there is a program or something that i can download that will organize my music, not just create another library and play it. the thing is, when i fixed my itunes library, i changed the artist, album, artwork etc. , but not on the original file. i want to keep all that junk too. basically, i just want it all organized. i'm really bad at describing my problem, sorry! anybody help! thanks!

A:Managing my music library, help!

Hey, if you bring up your iTunes and click on the advanced menu, then choose Consolidate Library, this will copy your files into your designated itunes folder under the directory artist/album. Also the files will be copied and not moved, so after you bring order to the chaos so to speak, you can delete your originals. And iTunes will recognise the change in directory so you wont have to re-add your library!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/managing-my-music-library-help.662815/
Relevancy 56.76%

Music library and mp player Hi I know that If you rip an original CD track to MP kbps and then for whatever reason decide to compress that MP even further - say to that would result in some loss of quality But Building a music library I am ripping everything on and downloading on too But then with my future mp player having music on format that doesn t allow to store a lot in the player So thought I could compress a bit more and the quality yes the quality will be lower but then you want good quality you don t use a mp player but a normal stereo Am I right or wrong But then the And Music Player Library Mp3 days of cd are counted so we still need to put music on digital format for the future so what quality audio to use Stay with mp Or go with some other format Music Library And Mp3 Player like apple or wma from window media player Or some new recent one but may be not compatible with my new mp player and meaning I have to re-rip all my audio again Then technology will be there and there will be no need of compression And then the web will be access from everywhere and we wont Music Library And Mp3 Player have our own computer but subscribing monthly to some web site to use and listen the music and for every thing else So I am getting so confused and lost my question is what you do today and what do you recommend And about the future how are you going to keep up thanks

A:Music Library And Mp3 Player

Here are my thoughts about this:No#1. Let today be today. If your music is .mp3, then keep it that way. Don't get tricked into the hype of what tomorrow may be like. You may not see tomorrow. Just keep doing as you're doing, and forget about the Jones'No#2. No one knows what tomorrow may bring, and since music isn't important as to being prepared for tomorrow, I wouldn't even think about it. If you need more room to store your files, then invest into another hard drive, and dedicate it to just your music.Your bitrate quality will really get disturbed if you went to a very low bitate, compared to it's original format/bitrate. And again, if your music sounds good to you, and you like it, leave it be. Don't go making projects out of things you really don't want to be wasting your time on. And yes, I know, the higher the bitrate, the larger the file size. It's your move now... so what are you going to do? I say just get more hard drive/storage space, and you'll nip it in the bud..wma formats, I always convert them to .mp3.Windows Media Player? If you're gonna use it (I see no reason why you would), just be aware that by default it is set to protect your music you rip using it. What that means is that your music is protected and it's virtually held hostage on your computer. Burning it from there won't work either. So, if you're going to use WMP, make sure you uncheck the Protect My Files checkbox. Even still, I'll never trust WMP with my music.Also, there is no reason to try to keep up with the ever growing of music softwares, just to listen to your music. If you use a program that plays your music, and it plays very well, then leave well enough alone. Alot of programs are designed to trick you, (like Windows Media Player), and they will DRM protect your music, and block you from transferring your music from your computer to disc, or where ever else you may want to put your music. Soon, you'll be posting here stating, your music all of a sudden doesn't play, you can't burn anything, your burner doesn't work, the programs you've used before all of a sudden don't work, you can play one file type, and not the other..... and the list goes on and on.Take this advice from someone that knows these computers and will inform you of what you should know about them. Trying to keep up with the Jones' and using the wrong softwares at the same time will get your computer slammed with problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80355/music-library-and-mp3-player/
Relevancy 56.76%

hello i have some short of a strange problem here. my wmp's library started o act strange many songs artists and album names suddenly were renamed after one artist well it's not a big thing tho it's anoying and confuses me. so i dont wrealy know if this is fault of wmp ore something else but i only use a media player for my music and movies. i checked for viruses ore mallware nothing was found. maybe anyone could help me with this issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/214625-problem-wmp-music-library.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hey,
recently installed itunes and it decided to convert most of my library to aac, whatever that is. The problem is my music folder has pretty much doubled in size and is taking up 7gb when it should be about 4. is there any way to find and remove the duplicate files?
cheers

A:Music Library Nightmares

sorry, meant with some kind of program as too lazy to do it all manually

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35751/music-library-nightmares/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi right now I am currently on a laptop running Windows XP Professional. I have a computer running Windows XP Professional as well. What I would like to do is allow the laptop to access my music folder on the PC.
Is there any way to do this?
If you want you can IM me.

My aim is GiraffeGoWhack.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101454/network-a-music-library/
Relevancy 56.76%

This is driving me insane I am running WMP on Windows XP Home with Gb of Add Library all Will to WMP11 Not Music memory and an immense amount of free space on my hard drive in case that matters Originally all my music was displayed in the library with all the album art etc However I had WMP11 Will Not Add all Music to Library to re-install Windows and ever since then I have never been able to get WMP to add all the music to the library that was after all there before It adds some folder but not others yet they had all been added before my re-install I have tried the uninstal of WMP Windows Media Format Runtime and Microsoft User-Mode Driver Frameworks Feature Pack and deleted all Media Player Folders etc re-installed WMP and it STILL will not add the files as it did originally If I add the folders individually it will add the mp files to the library but I have hundreds of folders and adding them individually would take forever I have also followed all the suggestions for rebuilding the database again without success Does anyone know what I need to do to get WMP to once again add ALL my music to the library nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have music tracks CDs stored on a Windows machine that I use as a the How app to to tell rescan library? MUSIC home server I have mapped the folder where these are all stored as Z drive on my Windows bit tablet I tried using WMP as my music How to tell MUSIC app to rescan the library? library player but after days of scanning the collection the computer crashed because WMP had filled the C drive with album-cover artwork and STILL wasn't done scanning everything I read that the Win MUSIC the app formerly known as Zune I guess app 'handles large collections' so I told it to look at my mapped dive Z for music but it's not looking not finding anything NOTHING is showing in the library Opening Z in Exlorer I can see all the subfolders and the music therein but the MUSIC app is not bothering to look I've read that using a network share to store tracks for MUSIC requires that the folder with the tracks be mapped as a drive and that it be included in the Windows Search indexing schema As far as I can tell only Windows PRO allows indexing of network files and I just have standard Anyway- is there some command to tell the MUSIC app to RESCAN it's music storage locations

A:How to tell MUSIC app to rescan the library?

First of all: Using WMP for music collections is a bad Idea. It's ui is rubbish. But what's more it also messes up the media folders. It creats thounsands of cryptically named copies of the albums art files, it stores them hidden and marks them as system files and in some cases it even converts a ordinary folder.jpg file into a hidden system file. Get some decent media player like Winamp, Media Monkey or even VLC player.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/56516-how-tell-music-app-rescan-library.html