Windows Support Forum

Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7

Q: Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7

Hi be active public and Can simultaneously a wired Win7 in workgroup Wi-Fi LAN My crossover-cable wired lan between a win and a miniXP booted laptop can t be changed to a quot home quot from a quot public quot connection Both the wifi and and lan show up as quot public quot The former because I m Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 connected to the internet via a meraki mesh Unlike the status of my wifi which is blue and thus changeable the status of my lan is typeset black as regular text Now when I activate file-sharing I give the whole neighborhood access to my computer Is there a way to separate the networks and make the files of the remote show up in Explorer without disconnecting the wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name ID-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- F- D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October- - AM Lease Expires October- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- C- C- -AE- D- -B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -AE- D- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D AF E-A E - - B -F BAC AAF E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C A B E- EA- C- C - DF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c d f ff fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c d f ff fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-public-wi-fi-and-a-wired-lan-workgroup-be-active-simultaneously-in-win7.172759/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.37%

I have a local wired network without the internet connectivity. It is just 3 computers connected to a router with hard wire (Not connected to outside world). For Internet I use Xfinity Wifi and connect wirelessly. However As soon as I connect the wire to the laptop the internet connectivity is lost.
It says access is local only.
The rout map for wired lan shows Laptop ========= Gateway ---X--- Internet.
The rout map for wireless shows Laptop = = = = = = Xfinity Wifi ========Gateway ---X--- Internet

I have no idea why it is going to the gateway after Xfinity wifi.
If I disconnect the wire the internet is connected immediately.
However I want to be able to see the web as well as other computers on my local network simultaneously.

I tried to google several sites but could not find anyone with a similar setup (One without outside connection and one with internet connectivity)

Any help will be appreciated.

A:Using wired and wireless simultaneously.

For the non-internet connection use a static IP address and leave the Default Gateway and DNS servers blank.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-wired-and-wireless-simultaneously.1036993/
Relevancy 67.51%

I would like to use both ethernet cable and wireless simultaneously in my laptop (XP Pro SP3) using the same router. Is this possible? Does it make the connection faster?

Relevancy 67.51%

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but FWIW I did search and also I looked through the tutorials on this site - and I Googled for an answer. However, others seem to have different questions or problems. Here is my problem: when I use my wired adapter on my laptop, there is no obvious way for me to keep my wireless connection as well. My goal is to have both going concurrently. While I understand it could introduce routing issues, my goal is to have them running so I can bridge to one or the other using some VMs that I have running. I won't know if that works until I can figure out how to enable wired and wireless simultaneously.

Thanks for any help!

Mark

A:How to connect wired and wireless simultaneously?

Quote: Originally Posted by vettejock99

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but FWIW I did search and also I looked through the tutorials on this site - and I Googled for an answer. However, others seem to have different questions or problems. Here is my problem: when I use my wired adapter on my laptop, there is no obvious way for me to keep my wireless connection as well. My goal is to have both going concurrently. While I understand it could introduce routing issues, my goal is to have them running so I can bridge to one or the other using some VMs that I have running. I won't know if that works until I can figure out how to enable wired and wireless simultaneously.

Thanks for any help!

Mark

im confused... so if i have this right, you want to be able to use (for instance) your wired connection on the VM and your wireless on your "proper" windows? well thats easily done.... the VM is like a seperate computer, you merely disable the adapter you dont want to use in each machine.... but if you have wired and wireless enabled in windows it will automatically default to wired, (although it will say its connected wirelessly)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45948-how-connect-wired-wireless-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Wired & Wireless Connections simultaneously

The question is how to configure LAN connections on PCs

please see attached file for details
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eoo80ew849wti9d/HomeNetworkConfigQuestion.jpg

A:Wired & wireless connections simultaneously

Hey AttTio. Is your diagram correct?. I see the connection from the switch going to one pc that's wired and another that is connected wirelessly. What happens if you connect both pc's straight to the router?. You could have a bad switch or the cable between the router and switch is bad if you get no connection in Ethernet mode as shown

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-wireless-connections-simultaneously.200782/
Relevancy 66.65%

I want static IP's one for my wired and one for my wireless and they connect through the same gateway although I am not using them simultaneously I use the following Wired Wireless If I try to change it from the ipv screen I get the attached error pop up screen but if I change wireless simultaneously Static wired and IP on adapter it through the advanced screen I Static IP on wired and wireless adapter simultaneously don't get the error but it automatically deletes the gateway from my other adapter The big issue is if I don't have the gateway in the adapter settings I get an quot Unidentified Network quot in my quot Network Connections quot page and I cannot connect to the internet using the adapter that does not have the gateway I have searched every forum but have not found any resolution Is this error just a false warning and not an error since I don't have multiple gateways Maybe Win by default just throws that screen up if it detects NIC's with an entry in the quot Default Gateway quot but doesn't really compare the entries Does Win not see that UI have entered the same IP in both fields or does it just say quot WHOA you already have a Gateway entered in another adapter I am not sure what that IP address is but be careful because you shouldn't have multiple Gateways on the same network quot Or is it saying quot STOP I will not function properly if you have Gateways even if they are the same IP quot

A:Static IP on wired and wireless adapter simultaneously

The IP address for the NIC's are different, the IP for the GATEWAY is the only thing that is the same (10.0.0.1) and that is where the conflict is arising.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/150897-static-ip-wired-wireless-adapter-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I have a Motorola Surfboard modem a Westell W router a MacBook and a desktop Dell Dimension running Windows XP I have Time Warner Cable as my ISP The modem is connected via coaxial cable from the wall Then the modem is connected to the router via an ethernet cable The router is then connected to the Dell computer through another ethernet cable I can get my Trouble running and wired simultaneously wireless MacBook to work wirelessly but my Dell Computer does not recognize the modem I can only get the Dell to work if I connect it directly from the modem not thru router which then means I cannot use my Mac wirelessly What am I missing to get them both working simultaneously I have checked my security levels on the Dell and they are set at Medium I have tried plugging the ethernet cable from the modem into all ethernet outlets on back of my router and all outlets work to run the Mac wirelessly yet the cable that runs from the router to the Dell is not giving me access to the internet When I check hardware diagnostics on the Dell it states that Trouble running wired and wireless simultaneously the modem is connected and working properly Can you help me Regina nbsp

A:Trouble running wired and wireless simultaneously

You are missing the fact that you have a DSL router and you're trying to use it with an Ethernet WAN connection.

You need a standard router that has an Ethernet WAN connection, not the DSL modem/router that you're trying to use. That must be left over from a previous DSL ISP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-running-wired-and-wireless-simultaneously.827223/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I have a question.
I have windows XP mode installed on Windows 7 Enterprise and running Windows XP ofcorce. I need to connect my laptop to wired network and in some time to connect wireless for XP mode using. What I mean : I want to use wired internet for my Windows 7 and in same time wireless network for windows XP in XP mode that is running. This I need because those two windows need to be connected in different networks.
Is this possible and how ?
Thank you.

A:wireless and wired network connect simultaneously?

Quote: Originally Posted by topche

Hello I have a question.
I have windows XP mode installed on Windows 7 Enterprise and running Windows XP ofcorce. I need to connect my laptop to wired network and in some time to connect wireless for XP mode using. What I mean : I want to use wired internet for my Windows 7 and in same time wireless network for windows XP in XP mode that is running. This I need because those two windows need to be connected in different networks.
Is this possible and how ?
Thank you.

From what I have read about this, it can't be done when both NIC's are on the same subnet or network. You can change back and forth by enabling or disabling the connections in "change adaptor settings".

If you want to use both connections at the same time you would need to have them on different subnets.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/230177-wireless-wired-network-connect-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of acquiring some Bluetooth headphones to go with my speakers and I was wondering if it was possible to use the Bluetooth headphones simultaneously with wired speakers?

Thanks!

A:Windows 7: Using Bluetooth Headphones & Wired Speakers simultaneously?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and answer "it depends". Windows allows you to select the output device (I have 5 of them) but only one can be selected as default. However, I know that I have used media applications that ignore the Windows default device and will let you select the output device for that application. Thus, if you actually had multiple devices in use and started SOUND.exe you would see volume levels on the right for each device as sound is streaming.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/335495-windows-7-using-bluetooth-headphones-wired-speakers-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 63.64%

In the office I a folders. public workgroup only displays sharing File in work at there are about computers in a workgroup File sharing in a workgroup only displays public folders. This is a problem I am having with computers specifically Both computers are Win Pro x When I connect to my computer or the other from a different computer via computername users I can see all the user accounts on the computer and share directly on the desktops etc When I am on my computer and connect to the second computer via computername users I only see the public folder This is true for both computers amp Home or Work Current Profile Network Discovery - On File and Printer Sharing - On Public Folder Sharing - On Media Streaming - Off File Sharing Connections - -bit encryption recommended Password protected sharing - off Homegroup connections - Allow Windows to manage connections recommended I would like access to all user accounts and non-public folders as I have with all other computers With this one I only have access to public folders and this is the computer I share most with so it is a big inconvenience Is something not configured correctly Thanks for any help

A:File sharing in a workgroup only displays public folders.

go to the machine that you're having sharing problems with--open windows explorer--ri[IMG]file:///C:/Users/TY/Desktop/Capture.JPG[/IMG]ght click C drive>properties>sharing tab--set sharing options under 'advanced sharing'

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246301-file-sharing-workgroup-only-displays-public-folders.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone sorry if this has been posted here before but I have been all over the google net looking for the answer to computer wireless add wired workgroup to my question Ok we have three computers add wireless computer to wired workgroup One is in the living room the other is in my room and the third is in my roommates room The laptop in the living room and the computer in my room are both connected to the router via cat- The one in my roommates add wireless computer to wired workgroup room is connected with a wireless card I have two computers -- mine and the living room -- connected to the same workgroup I m able to see shared folders on both systems We are all on XP The laptop in the living room and my computer are on service pack and my roommates is sp Yesterday I changed the workgroup on my roommates computer to the same workgroup as the other computers but it add wireless computer to wired workgroup didnt work Can anyone tell me how to connect the third computer -- in my roommates room -- to the same workgroup so that I can share file between all three I m a layman when it comes to IT Any help is appreciated THANKS IN ADVANCE nbsp

A:add wireless computer to wired workgroup

Hi: Here is a guideline doc.for XP-XP sharing.
Hope it helps.

Hints and tips from Terrynet on the Networking Forum

Printer and File Sharing

The following will set up a Microsoft Workgroup for File and Printer Sharing assuming the PCs are already networked via router, ad-hoc wireless or Ethernet (directly or using switch or hub).

In Network and Dial-up Connections (Win 2k Pro) or Network Connections (XP) right click on your connection and select ‘Properties.’ If not already there, install or add a check mark for “Client for Microsoft Networks, “File and Printer sharing …” and “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).”

Right click on My Computer and on the Computer Name tab make sure you have a unique computer name and the workgroup name that you want to use for all computers. Change if necessary.

Restart the PC.

You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine.

If using the XP SP2 firewall: Control Panel – Windows Firewall – on the General tab it should be “On” and on the Exceptions tab “File and Printer Sharing” should be selected.

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (20 minutes or so) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

If you want the wizard way for XP ...

Run the Network Setup wizard (found in Control Panel of XP). Tell it each of your computers connects to the internet via "residential gateway" and that you want to enable file and printer sharing. Create a disk at the end only if you have a Windows PC other than XP or 2k Pro or Vista.

Windows XP firewall (if SP2) will be properly configured by the wizard. You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine. Unique computer names and same workgroup, of course.

File sharing on Vista is a bit different (and probably easier). Go into the network and Sharing Center from the Control Panel or from the Network icon in the Notification Area. Your network must be designated 'Private.' In the Sharing and Discovery section you can configure File sharing, Public folder sharing (similar to Shared Documents in previous Windows), Printer sharing and Password protected sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-wireless-computer-to-wired-workgroup.861700/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, I know the dangers of using public unsecured Wifi or wired connections, such as, those at hotels.

I am thinking about purchasing a VPN based public wifi protection firewall, such as, the one offered by Comodo, Comodo TrustConnect for vacation

TrustConnect Wi-Fi Internet Security Features:
Securely encrypts all data transmitted over both wired and wireless Internet connections
Creates a Virtual Private Network to hide all personal web-surfing information
Utilizes industry-standard 128-bit encryption

Is it going to be the equivalent of my home wifi that is secure with password?

Any other products you guys know of and trust for this purposes?

Thanks!

A:Public Wifi/Wired Internet Question-Help Please

Generally this would be similar to using a proxy server when connected to another network. There are software based options available for proxy VPN services online that are relatively inexpensive (roughly $30.00 per year) and is as simple as opening a software and using a username and password to login.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551342/public-wifiwired-internet-question-help-please/
Relevancy 61.06%

two windows 7 desktop in one workgroup, one,desktop1, is enabled remote desktop, another,desktop2, is not enabled, so I can remote connect to desktop1, but how can I change and enable desktop2's remote desktop settings from desktop1?

I tried to change registry file from regedit --> connect remote registry, system tole me remote computer didn't enable remote administration.

I also tried psexec, error message: access denied.

So, how I can do?

Thankful for any suggestion.

A:how can i enable win7 remote desktop from another workgroup win7

Welcome to the forum.

Try this:
Remotely enable Remote Desktop in Windows 7 & Server 2008

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/353252-how-can-i-enable-win7-remote-desktop-another-workgroup-win7.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I preordered my Win prior to launch Microsoft gave Win7 Any simultaneously? problems running the 32-b 64-b and me two versions of the CD a -bit and bit Is it ok or me to run the -bit version on an old Dell Inspiron laptop The laptop has Vista basic preloaded and I hate it Is it illegal for me to do so or is microsoft fine if its less than units Any problems running the 32-b and 64-b Win7 simultaneously? runnning the same OS Any problems running the 32-b and 64-b Win7 simultaneously? with the same cd-key I only will use the Any problems running the 32-b and 64-b Win7 simultaneously? laptop when I am away from my desktop so not both will be on at the same time At first I thought I would trade-in the Dell Inspiron laptop at Toshiba UK website and get back cashback towards a new Toshiba A laptop but then I spend almost all of my time on my desktop and the only reason I need to use the laptop is if I am on the move which is like - hrs every - months I also thought of changing the gb HD to a SSD HD of the same capacity Is it worth it or should I trade in the laptop for the since the quot Toshiba A is lighter than the quot Dell Since the new laptop will see very little action the cost of upgrading does not seem attractive to me What do you think

A:Any problems running the 32-b and 64-b Win7 simultaneously?

Hi mystvearn, you cannot use the product key in the way you mentioned , It can only be used for 1 install on 1 PC ( which can either be 32bit or 64bit, but not both) . Trade in the old laptop for a new one ,It can only be better

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/135057-any-problems-running-32-b-64-b-win7-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Sorry if this isn't directly Windows 7 related...but I'm struggling with it nonetheless.

I'm having an issue setting up a Mail Enabled Public Folder. I have the folder created, and anonymous are given proper access to allow incoming messages. My Exchange version is 2010 SP1, full updated, running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 box. Whenever I send a message to the mailbox's address, I get an undeliverable:

[email protected]
#554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:ObjectNotFoundException; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message The Active Directory user wasn't found. ObjectNotFoundException: The Active Directory user wasn't found. ##

I know the e-mail address is typed in correctly, but I can't seem to figure out why messages aren't going through. I searched online and found some suggestions, all of which either didn't pertain to our environment, or involved patches...which I have installed.

A:Active Directory and Mail Enabled Public Folders

I found a solution and after working up the courage...I gave it a shot. It worked!

SMTP Error email to Public Folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/218136-active-directory-mail-enabled-public-folders.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey there I am at my parents house trying to figure out a problem they are having Basically me and my dad both have wireless macbooks and my sister has a wireless laptop of some sort My brothers computer is a wired desktop and is attched right to Wireless computer active drop Connections when Wired their router It is a wrt G router It seems sometimes that all of us can be connected at the same time but most of the time if the desktop Wireless Connections drop when Wired computer active is plugged into the router no one else can connect It does work sometimes it deffinetly does not work if he is using Wireless Connections drop when Wired computer active a bit torrent client But it is weird since I can be using a bit torrent client on my macbook and my sister can on her pc laptop and have no bad effects Have any of you heard anything about a router giving priority to the wired connections over the wireless We can all connect to the router when this happens but we cannot get on the net or transfer stuff around Thanks Cory nbsp

A:Wireless Connections drop when Wired computer active

You need to update the firmware of the Linksys wrt54G.

Make sure ALL wireless systems are accessing in the same mode,
either B or G, but don't allow a mix.

bit torrent access is always a problem -- the router starts to drown in traffic.
When it's only your wireless systems, you're limited by the wireless rates,
and the router gets a chance to 'come up for air'. When the desktop starts
bit torrents, it consumes as much of the router bandwidth as possible and ...
glub-glub, you need a lifegurard

There is no cheap means to control which systems get how much of the bandwidth!

One alternative would be to get a wireless adaptor for the desktop and let
everyone have their fair share of the pool.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connections-drop-when-wired-computer-active.74558/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have read and read and read and tried so pc and see workgroup XP pc won't Win7 many things I've lost track Now at the scream and pull my hair out stage of home networking I have created a workgroup on the win pc and 'opened' everything up as much as I know how probably too much might have made XP pc won't see workgroup and Win7 pc myself vulnerable The only thing I have managed to do is the XP pc now sees a network connection called quot secure quot Can't click or right click or do anything but get a message that says quot you don't have access to this network resource contact the admin quot It connects to the internet just fine XP pc won't see workgroup and Win7 pc from the moment I started it up - didn't have to do anything So I know it has no problem going through the netgear router to the westell XP pc won't see workgroup and Win7 pc modem router at the heart of the system I have another XP pc connected to the same netgear router and it at least sees the shared directories and other pc's on the network but also will not connect giving the same message I need something new to try or a new resource to read or a brilliant idea from someone BTW both pc's running XP are that way because they HAVE to run XP before anyone suggests going to Win for legacy app support The worst part is back in the win and on to the XP days I used to do this sort of thing all the time at work and home no problem IMHO MS has made this unreasonably complicated

A:XP pc won't see workgroup and Win7 pc

You will have to login as administrator if your user name doesn't have full control of each pc

XP right click on "my computer' click properties/computer name, click change follow settings required.

give the workgroup a name give it a name rather than the default which is workgroup

Win7 right click "Computer" properties, look for the setting computer name and workgroup settings

click the "change settings" as before give the workgroup the same name etc.

now you can see all pc's on the network but you can't access any drives till you go to my computer on (XP) and win7 and right click on the drive partitions you want to share.click sharing and security on xp
win7 its right click and share with then advance sharing.

main thing to note is that the permissions are set to your requirement so you can access each machine from either pc's
Make sure you have "file and print sharing" allowed through the fire wall on all pc's

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283397-xp-pc-wont-see-workgroup-win7-pc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows 7 RC1 public download is now available....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

A:Win7 RC1 Public Download Available

yup dl 64bit and maybe 32 also planning to build new comp thought i might try one of them on it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-rc1-public-download-available.824612/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone.

Apologies if this is a simple one that has been answered before, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a lovely new work laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate. It is set up as a Domain pc.

I have a home network with a number of PCs (Win XP) and a couple of Macs, all connecting via a workgroup.

With my old work laptop (also XP) I simply did "Start", "Run", then typed in "PCName\c$" (where "PCName" is the name of my main home PC). This no longer works from my new work laptop (Win 7).

So, any thoughts ? Is this possible, or have I fallen foul of the MS upgrade path ?

Thanks for any help or advice,

Jon

A:Win7 laptop on XP workgroup

Welcome to Seven Forums!

It looks like you want to get the W7 machine up on the workgroup.

It's actually pretty easy. There's a tutorial for it here at Seven Forums.

Workgroup Name - View and Change

Give this a try and let us know how it went.

Good Luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55827-win7-laptop-xp-workgroup.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hi everyone, I created a workgroup at home, but am a little stuck trying to connect win7 to it. So far I have my XP as the main PC which I created the workgroup on and my vista is connected to it via my workgroup name, now I'm trying to connect win7 to the workgroup, but the only option I can find is Homegroup and when I create a Homegroup on win7, I cant see my other PC's... I'm still new to this workgroup thingy, so please patients is needed. I need to know how to connect win7 to the workgroup, and would appreciate any help...
thanks in advance
husskii

A:Can't connect win7 to workgroup

Welcome to the Seven Forums
You really need to give us a little more info....which build of Windows 7?

Have you set the workgroup name to be the same as your workgroup?
Have you set advanced sharing in the network and sharing centre?

You can check your workgroup name in control Panel > System.

Turn on sharing and depending on your build you should be able to see the other PC's. I found that 7057 had a lot of network problems...7068 was better and 7077 is a dream.
Hope this helps....if not come back with more info and someone here will have the answers...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/7284-cant-connect-win7-workgroup.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I have two computers, one that is running Windows XP SP3 and the other which is running Windows 7.
My aim is to access a folder on the Windows 7 computer from the Windows XP computer via the workgroup.

The situation:
When on the Windows XP computer, I cannot view Workgroup computers.

What I've done
I have disabled Windows firewall & uninstalled my other firewall.

The XP computer can ping the Win7 computer by name and local IP. However, the Win7 computer can only ping the XP computer by local IP and not computer name.

All help is appreciated.

Lighty.

A:Cannot access workgroup [XP + Win7]

Have you enabled file and printer sharing on the XP?

What firewall did you uninstall?

Do you have a non-Windows firewall on the Windows 7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-workgroup-xp-win7.996200/
Relevancy 55.04%

I get and error when tring to isntall some programs in win 7 build 7600 home premium.

Error 1606. Could not access network location %public%\desktop\

I have to say that i tried this solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549/en i tried manually doing it i tried deleting and re-doing the value on the registry for Common Desktop but nothing happened.

Also tried modifing the access to the Hard disk in the options menu when you right click it

Relevancy 55.04%

I am using the method suggested in the Windows 7 Inside and Out book to relocate my user files.
All seemed to be fine until I attempt to relocate the 'public music, public pictures, and others' files.
The 'location' tab of properties of each public folder will not allow/accept changes to the files address.

Is there something different about the 'public' I need to be aware of?

A:How to relocate win7 public folders

Welcome to Seven Forums TaskMaster. Is this the method you are using?

User Folders - Change Default Location

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/276505-how-relocate-win7-public-folders.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi All, What a great forum. I have just started with a Netbook and win7 starter and other than the Wallpaper issues, I have to say I am impressed with what it will actually do rather then feeling forced to upgrade to Home Premium. I can live without the wallpaper, but what has happened to the Public Desktop? I have two Account names and now the files are totally separate. I can't Copy items from one Desktop to the other, I have to install the software in both Accounts. That sucks. Is there any way around this? Thanks.

A:Win7 starter Public Desktop, where'd it go??

Please see this Windows 7 Comparison list.

Compare Windows - Microsoft Windows

I can only assume your problem has cropped up because you can't join or create a Homegroup.

I may be wrong of course, so if I am, I'm sure someone else will have the correct answer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197687-win7-starter-public-desktop-whered-go.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a WIN7 Home Prem and an XP in a network workgroup.
I have an HP offricejet J6450 an an HP laserjet1320 directly attached
to the WIN 7 machine. Printer sharing is ON for both. The XP can access shared
files on WIN7 and can use the J6450 printer. But I cannot get access to the
Laserjet 1320. Not sure what to do anymore.

Any help is appreciated.

A:XP in WIN7 workgroup can't access HP printer

So, on the XP in My Network Places you click on 'view workgroup computers,' then double click the Windows 7 machine and see the shared folders and the J6450 printer, right? Do you, or do you not see the 1320? If you see it, what exactly happens when you right click and try to connect to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-in-win7-workgroup-cant-access-hp-printer.1022465/
Relevancy 54.61%

I.use an old style workgroup on my two station homenet.

Today just after moving some furniture a simple file transfer of 200 mb took 4 minutes or more.

A couple messages came on saying network discovery is not engaged but the slow
transfers still work.

I checked sevenforums on this here :
Network Discovery - Turn On or Off in Windows 7

which indicated 'rules' can get reestablished with a command and command prompt.

But all the settings in my file sharing look ok. Is there other troubleshooting to do
and is that command 'safe' because I do not want to reboot.?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399894-homenet-workgroup-but-slowed-way-down-win7.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am running windows 7 x64 enterprise on 11 workstations in a workgroup (no domain access). These computers are connected through a larger university subnet. When I click on network to see the computers in my workgroup, my system show hundreds of other systems, not just my own workgroup. I am assuming these other computers are ones connected to the university subnet(s). I did not have this problem when I was using WinXP, which only displayed my workgroup computers in Network Neighborhood. How can I limit the display to only the computers in my workgroup? Any help will be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-sees-computers-not-in-workgroup.903432/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a simple home network with a win7 and a win 8.1 desktop. I have set up my workgroup and put both into that workgroup. I have set a directory with access to everyone on each computer. File sharing is on. I use windows firewall and microsoft security essentials appropriately, I think. Neither computer allows access to the shared directory on the other computer. My message is "Windows cannot access .... Contact administrator. I think I have read everything on the internet about how to solve the problem, but am at my wits end. This should be a slam dunk, 5-minute task, but I have spent months trying to get it to work.

A:workgroup with win7 and win8.1 computers

Turn off the firewall on both computers. No need to have the firewall enabled, if the computers are going to be on your own LAN and on a Router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55591-workgroup-win7-win8-1-computers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I've got a Vista Business x box and a Win Home Premium x box on my local Workgroup Each box sees the other box on the network Vista can access all the Win shares Win cannot access Vista On each box network discovery is turned on as is file printer sharing I have passwords turned off I have rebooted both can't on Win7 Biz access Vista Workgroup boxes after making changes When I try to access Vista in Win I get a user password query nonetheless and I am denied access Win7 can't access Vista Biz on Workgroup because of incorrect user or password The account name and password on each box is the same and they are very simple with no practical chance for input error The workgroup is via router Win7 can't access Vista Biz on Workgroup Win is wireless Vista in over ethernet Win7 can't access Vista Biz on Workgroup One other thing puzzles me When Win first accessed Vista I saw the entire Vista User folder structure wide open I can't imagine how it was deemed sharable I went into Vista and though Sharing wasn't enabled on the Properties sheet when I clicked Advanced it was I unshared there and the problem was solved But why were these folders accessible in the first place and why didn't their shared status show on the Properties sheet without delving deeper

A:Win7 can't access Vista Biz on Workgroup

Check this Microsoft article: Networking home computers running different versions of Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/178626-win7-cant-access-vista-biz-workgroup.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

When installing Windows 7 I get the option to select the network either as a Public Network, Work Network or Home Network. The PC is actually on a Home Network with a BT Home Hub v2.

However, would I get better security ie, less sharing of files and printers if I selected "Public Network". I do not wish any sharing at all to take place with this PC either from the Internet or other PC's on the Home Network.

Thx for any help
Auld Bint

A:Public or Home Option When Installing Win7

Quote: Originally Posted by Auld Bint

Hi,

When installing Windows 7 I get the option to select the network either as a Public Network, Work Network or Home Network. The PC is actually on a Home Network with a BT Home Hub v2.

However, would I get better security ie, less sharing of files and printers if I selected "Public Network". I do not wish any sharing at all to take place with this PC either from the Internet or other PC's on the Home Network.

Thx for any help
Auld Bint

Public will give you the most security, "Home" the least. The thought is that in a Home environment you want the ability to share printers and files, and in the other two you want progressively more security.

From your description, "Public" would be the best option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/68928-public-home-option-when-installing-win7.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I noticed while in my User folder while organizing my files and folders that it said at the bottom (two locations) I then checked and found that there are links to all my files and folders in the Public as well as my User folders. Are these the same files in each folder or does Win7 make a duplicate copy of each of my files meaning I have twice as much info on my hard drive. As this is my personal PC with no other users I see no need for these "Public" files. If I delete the Public Folder will this also delete the files from my User Folder?

A:Win7 Public & User Folders Query?.

Your personal Libraries include the corresponding Public folders (Pictures, Videos, etc.). A Library is not another copy of a file/folder, but a collection of ones you include in that Library. See here.Note that the Documents Library is different from the regular Documents folder, as you can include anything in the Library but actually have to move something into your Documents for it to show up there.And deleting the Public folder will do no good, as the files will just come back. Believe me, I've tried. They don't take up much space, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368667/win7-public-user-folders-query/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am a newbie on here and this is my first post so please hang in there with me We moved Password and Username Share for Pro asking Public - Win7 our offices from one location to another over the weekend New ISP but everything else is the same Have a peer-to-peer network with one pc Win Professional acting as the file server Everyone now Win7 Pro - Public Share asking for Username and Password has access to internet and we can all quot see quot each other For some reason Win7 Pro - Public Share asking for Username and Password now when we want to connect to Public Folders on our quot file server quot it is asking for login credentials such as username and password I have it set to not require a password since we have a mixed environment It has always worked in the past and I am not sure why it would be requiring that now I had read somewhere to try and setup an admin username and password that was the same for both computers I tried that and it was still unsuccessful Although I still have it set to not require a password I would appreciate any help you can come up with Thanks

A:Win7 Pro - Public Share asking for Username and Password

Hi there and welcome to SF...

about your problem, this should help you: Sharing and Permission

and also this : How to Create a Homegroup in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/228683-win7-pro-public-share-asking-username-password.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am the sole User on my laptop running Windows 7.
Today I copied some docs from an external hard drive into the Public Documents folder because I am planning to share the files by connecting to an office network later.
However after copying the files over I found that the Public Documents folder has now disappeared and all the copied docs are now in the My Documents folder.
Is this some new feature of Win7 ?
How can I get the Public Documents folder back and put my files back in it?

PS I had also copied some pictures into the Public Pictures folder and they are still there.

A:Win7 public docs folder disappeared

you can incorporate the libraries all into various views
is the folder now being seen in documents ?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3705/manage-files-and-documents-easier-with-libraries-in-windows-7/

if you goto
computer
system driver
users
your user
and do you see public there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-public-docs-folder-disappeared.1091289/
Relevancy 54.18%

When setting up a new Win notebook I happened to click on Network and amazingly there were icons listed for my three Win PCs without me setting anything up My sole XP machine wasn t listed however I was able to use these mysterious Win connections to copy setup stuff to the Win My enthusiasm quickly subsided when I found that my Win machines were barred from entering the Win machine despite each listing an icon for the Win when Network was pressed in Explorer I noted that my wireless connection was listed as the 'network' so I set about adding the Win to my workgroup I can t use a homegroup as an XP is involved and then turned off wireless On my Win s and the XP this forces communication via my wired connections When the Win was connected via an Ethernet plug it could still see the Win s but not the XP and existing Win to adding PC 8 workgroup Problem Win7-XP stubbornly continued to list the wireless network as the connection and that the connection was now via Ethernet That didn't make sense Clearly there is a difference between how Win and XP Problem adding Win 8 PC to existing Win7-XP workgroup recognise a workgroup and how my Win PC is going about it I should add that a humble XP netbook can be added on an ad hoc basis to my wired network I want to do the same with the Win notebook My wireless network that the Win PC is so enamoured with is only there so that phones and tablets can get online It is not supposed to be my preferred way of networking PCs Any suggestions as to how to successfully set up a workgroup with the Win as a proper member will be very gratefully received

A:Problem adding Win 8 PC to existing Win7-XP workgroup

If you are using Home Group, you have to use this Sharing files and printers with different versions of Windows - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/42340-problem-adding-win-8-pc-existing-win7-xp-workgroup.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All
I have 5 PCs connected to a switch in a workgroup mode, all PCs can ping each other & can access each other by \\computer name\share drive, but, only 2of the PCs can see all the PCs under my network, the rest can see only 3 out of 5 PCs.

Is there any restriction on the number of the viewed PCs under my network?

What is going wrong, restricting me ti view only limited number of PCs?

3 PCs are win7 Ultimate
2 PCs are win7 Pro

One Ultimate PC can see all PCs under my network & one pro PC can see all the PCs. The rest can only see. 3 PCs.

So my issue is not in connectivity, the issue is the view of all pcs under my network.

Thanks in advance.

A:Win7 workgroup network view issue

😔ur assistant plzzzzz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248464-win7-workgroup-network-view-issue.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm wondering not being experienced in putting networks together if I can assign an HD to hold the Public shared folder on a homenet work How is it added I a Win7 folder homenetwork my for HD Adding to the Public in network have tried to do Adding a network HD to my homenetwork for the Public folder in Win7 such things previously whetehr it by folders or HDs and just botched everything What I have done with this Win install is just use the assigned Public folder and given the name 'homenet' in the old style filesharing not what Win invented as an additional layer The architecture currently is Two computers are connected via ethernet with a four port switch and through that the switch the dsl modem is also connected This allows file transfer between the two machines The goal is to get the shared file duplicate load off the computers main system drive s and store the shared Public folder on a slave disk My ethernet wire is feet I don't know if loading some media on the storage node of the network would cause dropouts over the distance It would make this project useless if so Finally what is the location of the shared folder It has to have some physical space but I don't know how to find it And how do I subscribe to my threads I usually see mail notification below the entry Up in Thread tools it just says unsubscribe as an option I'd like email notification on my profile

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389435-adding-network-hd-my-homenetwork-public-folder-win7.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am setting a new Win bit with the intent of passing file content from the pervious XP to Win homenet network for my two to the questions How on Folder in setup use several File Win7 Public machines connected via ethernet The previous setup Computer MSI Was running Win XP Computer Biostar Is running Win The network connection is primarily with the Public folder in an XP workgroup This has worked fine for passing files both ways on the homenet Computer MSI will be installed to a new WD Tb drive I know the the primary network style in Win is called a Share group and is different from the XP workgroup To keep my network going and share files I intend to continue the How to use the Public File Folder in Win7 several questions on setup XP work group for compatibility because this has worked How can the Public folder by copied or moved to the newer Win sharegroup on both machines which will now have Win Is there a naming convention that can simply rename the Public folder on the network Or is it even necessary for some advantage My XP drive is still available and backed up The new install will format the the WD and put on Win to the full volume for the MSI machine The Biostar computer name is -PC where the asters are used for privacy on this message Just now I am beginning the process

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383897-how-use-public-file-folder-win7-several-questions-setup.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an XP and a Windows on network put them in the same Group I can see the Win machine on the XP computer accesss files from it But the XP computer does not show up on Windows File sharing was enabled in both In another post TerryNet asked for the following info nbtstat -n and IPCONFIG ALL from both machines I thought I will post them assuming I have similar issue as in the previous post or helps eliminate Solved: computer Machine in see workgroup same XP doesnot WIN7 that issue here are the details of Solved: WIN7 computer doesnot see XP Machine in same workgroup these two commands from the two machines Windows Machine C Users Arun gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- ARUNPUGET lt gt UNIQUE Registered ARUNNETWORK lt gt GROUP Registered ARUNPUGET lt gt UNIQUE Registered ARUNNETWORK lt E gt GROUP Registered ARUNNETWORK lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Users Arun gt ipconfig Solved: WIN7 computer doesnot see XP Machine in same workgroup ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ArunPuget Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Solved: WIN7 computer doesnot see XP Machine in same workgroup Suffix home Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address -CF- - F- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -E -A - -CF- - F- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address -CF- - F- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c c b bb cc Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c c b bb cc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Arun gt Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp XP Machine C Documents and Settings owner gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- ARUNXPS lt gt UNIQUE Registered ARUNNETWORK lt gt GROUP Registered ARUNXPS lt gt UNIQUE Registered C Documents and Settings owner gt ipconfig ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ArunXPS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - - F- B- -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM C Documents and Settings owner gt Thanks Arun nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so we're a small photo studio that has decided to add even more redundancy to our servers by choosing of our fastest Trouble Over Win7 Mapping Workgroup DRIVES Networked performing PC's to host x TB RAID arrays These are strictly for backup of our main working server only Linux based as it loves to act up on us in the middle of our busy season Here's a quick rundown of Trouble Mapping Networked DRIVES Over Win7 Workgroup what's going on We're all running Windows Ultimate Depending on the hardware it's a Trouble Mapping Networked DRIVES Over Win7 Workgroup mix of -bit and -bit We're all apart of the same workgroup I'm attempting to connect to the shared HDDs via the hosts IP addresses All clocks times are synced and corrected via the online Microsoft time server All computers are connected to the same single router via ethernet cable No wireless The host PCs have been configured to give Full Control to people accessing it The host PCs have been configured to give Full Permissions to people accessing it Advanced Sharing Settings Home or Work set to on on on bit off WinManage All necessary security options in secpol msc have been altered All necessary security options in gpedit msc have been altered Now the problem I'm having is that Windows doesn't seem to want to let me share the actual hard drives When I try i'm told that access is denied for me However if I create a folder inside of the drive and share that I have no problem mapping it to other computers So in short Mapping Shared HDD FAIL Mapping Folder in Shared HDD OK But I don't want to just bypass this issue with a simple folder share I want to share the actual drives So how can I get this done All ways so far have led me to a complete dead end I feel like I'm going crazy

A:Trouble Mapping Networked DRIVES Over Win7 Workgroup

If you need to share the root of the drive so that nobody in the LAN has any restrictions you need to go into the Security tab and Add "Everyone" there as well. The link below shows you how.

HDD sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255150-trouble-mapping-networked-drives-over-win7-workgroup.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have ATT DSL -Wire HG-B router desktop systems hard-wired ethernet I am the only user When configured for non-static ip problems with netbios quot browsing quot occurred static Workgroup with Windows ip, and system Win7, legacy The router stays powered but the pc's don't Workgroup with static ip, Win7, and legacy Windows system I'd get the net working and MS Win would break it in Workgroup with static ip, Win7, and legacy Windows system a day or So I've set it up for static ip I've been told that this will facilitate such a functional workgroup Ipconfig info on the pc's follows my sig On the Win system Workgroup with static ip, Win7, and legacy Windows system and using Explorers Network icon I get something like Enter Network Password for System User x Logon Failure unknown user name or bad password OK Cancel The quot Failure quot msg appears before -and- after I enter the Admin password All the sharing options i e file sharing are turned on except password protection which is quot off quot It is very similar using the W k machine When I enter from the Explorer-Address line it brings up IE and sez quot page cannot be displayed quot Such a simple simple thing to ask of MS software facilities I've tested it in more ways than I can shake a stick at To date nothing works for long Any ideas on how this can be done I would cheerfully cheerfully settle for a single shared folder Thanks P --- PC - W k sp -------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name PC Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers --- PC - Win - HP OEM ----------------------------------------------------- Host Name PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday November PM Lease Expires Wednesday November Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled -------------------------------------------------------------------

A:Workgroup with static ip, Win7, and legacy Windows system

From each machine first open a command prompt and then:ping 127.0.0.1... what happens?
ping each machines own IP (so ping 192.168.1.2from server and 192.168.1.3 from the win7 PC)... what happens?
ping the router, 192.168.1.1 in your case... what happens?
ping the other machine's IP address... what happens?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127141-workgroup-static-ip-win7-legacy-windows-system.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I upgraded my system from Vista Home Premium to Win 7 Ultimate 32 two days ago. I used the default options to maintain all my documents and installed programs. Everything worked fine except that all the sub-folders in Public Pictures are now empty. There are 160 sub folders and there should be approx 6000 picture files in them.

The only thing that I think might be unusual about my pre-upgrade configuration is that I had my public folders located on a 2nd hard drive, F: instead of C:

As far as I can tell, all other data including that stored on the second drive survived the upgrade.

I downloaded Recuva and the first pass could not find the missing files. It is now performing a "deep scan" which is estimated to take 2 hours.

Any suggestions on where I might find the missing files?

A:Upgrade from Vista to Win7 all Public Pictures folders now empty

Upgrade doesn't delete files AFAIK. If you can remember some file names from your public pic folder, you can try the search function in Windows 7.

This is why it's a good idea to do full backup before upgrading your OS. But what's done is done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/191453-upgrade-vista-win7-all-public-pictures-folders-now-empty.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all My Windows Home Premium x spontaneously started using C Users Public as its default profile as started using spontaneously my Win7 C:\users\Public default profile and as such all my usual settings have turned to poop Things were working fairly fine but I was having a couple little errors like when I was trying to change my wallpaper so I thought I would do a restart When it booted back up most of my normal desktop icons had gone When I booted up Firefox all my usual addons and the way I have it set up was gone or different I was concerned as I thought I had lost all my Win7 spontaneously started using C:\users\Public as my default profile desktop icons so I opened up C Win7 spontaneously started using C:\users\Public as my default profile Users MY PROPER USER NAME Desktop and all my icons were sitting in that folder I right clicked on one of the icons on my desktop and saw that it said it was residing at C Users Public Also if I open up quot my documents quot or quot my pictures quot etc all my normal stuff isn't there as it is using C Users Public Documents etc I'm also afraid that it'll be using a LOT of wrong settings for my programs as it doesn't seem to be accessing quot MY REAL USERNAME Appdata quot for some things ie Firefox Does anyone know how Windows deals with what profile to access by default Is there an easy was of changing that Registry key or something Regards --- A bit more info on how it might have happened I had been using my computer perfectly all morning and it's been flawless for months Put it to sleep this arvo which is something I don't do very often at all Woke it back up a few hours later and everything was totally fine Went to boot up ME for the first time and it gave an error saying I must quot update to the latest PhysX quot error I downloaded and installed the latest PhysX The game booted fine I exited the game was getting a strange error when I tried to change my wallpaper thought I would reboot and ever since it hasn't bee accessing my profile

A:Win7 spontaneously started using C:\users\Public as my default profile

Have you tried a system restore to a point in time before this problem occurred?

Other than that, your user profile may be corrupted, so you might want to consider creating a new user accoint before deleting your old one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233023-win7-spontaneously-started-using-c-users-public-my-default-profile.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi im trying to get these two PC (laptop wi-fi and PC hardwired desktop) to ad-hoc, i seem to be missing something but i dont know what, is there anybody that can teach me step by step,(im so frustrated)Please Ron

A:win7 wi-fi to winxp wired ad-hoc

I assume you are trying to do this: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win7-wi-fi-to-winxp-wired-ad-hoc-378398.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Have Belkin wireless/wired DSL router. DSL Router to a Linksys switch to my wired ethernet system (prewired in my home as being built). PC #1 (Win7 Home Premioum 32) is hard wired to switch. PC#2 is in my office where I have a Netgear wireless router that has the PC#2 (Win7 Ultimate 64) and my Canon networked laser printer attached. Setup Homegroup in both.. cannot see PC to PC or share printer.

A:Win7 Wireless and Wired issues

Quote: Originally Posted by counselingman88

Have Belkin wireless/wired DSL router. DSL Router to a Linksys switch to my wired ethernet system (prewired in my home as being built). PC #1 (Win7 Home Premioum 32) is hard wired to switch. PC#2 is in my office where I have a Netgear wireless router that has the PC#2 (Win7 Ultimate 64) and my Canon networked laser printer attached. Setup Homegroup in both.. cannot see PC to PC or share printer.

Let me see if I understand, your home is pre-wired with ethernet (very nice) It seems that you would only need the one wired/wireless router, with both PC's connected. Why are you using a switch and second router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141373-win7-wireless-wired-issues.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running Windows 7 as my primary OS via wireless on my laptop, and I have a server pc setup and wired to my router which is running DD-WRT.

In my router config I see both computers but I can't see either on my network, and I haven't the slightest clue why. Could anyone out there help me?

A:Win7 Wireless PC Doesnt See Wired XP on Network

Ok, I tried to ping from my Win7 PC to the xp pc via cmd prompt and it said destination host is unreachable.... I really need to get this server up and running. Anyone have any ideas? They both are on the same workgroup, etc... and I disable ipv6 on my network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3123-win7-wireless-pc-doesnt-see-wired-xp-network.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all, I do hope I can make this as clear as possible to get quick assistance;

I have an Epson Stylus D88 printer connected by USB to my Windows XP desktop that is connected to my router by an ethernet cable.

I would like to print through that printer from my Win7 laptop wirelessly, but when I follow the "add printer" steps I get told; "Windows can't find a driver for EPSON Stylus D88 Series on the network. To locate one manually, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel and consult your network administrator or the printer manufacturer's website."

Can someone please advise on the quickest, simplest or most efficient means on getting this all setup.

Thank you

Relevancy 51.17%

Just got new house, and putting together a new win7 homegroup network (new isp, modem & router)
I have the wired computers(3) connected through the router to homegroup called network3. And they can share file, and printers just fine.
The wireless laptop connects to the router though a wireless connection called 'wireless network' it can get on the internet just fine. but it (laptop) can't join the homegroup the wired computers are connected to. It ask to connect to the homegroup by name (network3), when I click "choose homegroup and sharing options" in the Network and Sharing Center screen. I enter the password that works on the other wired computers, but them I get the dreaded balloon saying "Wndows can not set up a homegroup on this computer " pops up, then just sits there.
How do I get the laptop to join the homegroup? There is no other network shown other than 'wireless network'
Thansk

A:Win7 Cannot join homegroup wired and wireless

try this first: make certain all computers are scychronized to the same date and time.
I know that sounds like a "given," but I had a smiliar problem in joining my workgroup.
The Win7 laptop could see the other computers but when trying to connect, it asked
for the network password & identified my computer as belonging to a domain (which
it wasn't).
I tried everything. My time was the same on all the systems. Then I noticed the Win7
system was a day off. I fixed that and walla! Win7 could not only see the other systems
but also, connect--a two week search & trying to connect, solved by the simple
thing of making sure all computers had the same time & date.
Also, you need to have the "everyone" group active, with full rights.
And user accounts with the same name and password on each system.

If those things don't work, hopefully others will answer with the answer.

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173396-win7-cannot-join-homegroup-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 50.74%

That's it really. I get the red x ion the toolbar.

When I cmd ipconfig /all I get is:
Host Name.................... : MFisher
Primary DNS suffix.......... :
Node Type ....................: Hybrid
IP routing Enabled...........: No
WINS Proxy Enabled........: No

Someone else had this problem:
Can't connect to the internet or my wired Router

But their solution didn't work for me (I put in the CD that came with my new motherboard (ASUS - - ASUS P8Z77-V LX) and installed all of the drivers but that didn't work).

I'm currently on the same Internet but through my Ubuntu (which works flawlessly). Which leads me to believe it's either an option I have hidden away somewhere in Win7 or my motherboard having trouble communicating with the ethernet port with Win7.

Any ideas? It's day 5 and it's driving me nuts!

A:Fresh install of Win7, won't recognize wired router.

Try and use Ubuntu to download the files from ASUS to your hard drive and then start Windows and run the setup from there

Im not positive but I think this is for your motherboard
32 bit http://www.asus.com/supportonly/P8Z77V_LX2/#support_QVL
64 bit http://www.asus.com/supportonly/P8Z77V_LX2/#support_QVL

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274956-fresh-install-win7-wont-recognize-wired-router.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This is weird, but if my Win 7 computer is on and connected to the router (wired), then neither my Toshiba laptop (also running Win 7) nor an iPod will reconnect after sleep.

After reading through this forum, I tried disabling the Homegroup on both Win 7 computers, but it didn't help. Even tried disabling the IPv6 on the network adapters.

I've also made sure power remains on to the wireless adapter even when computer is asleep. And updated all my drivers, etc.

The only thing that helps is turning off the wired Win 7 computer. Obviously not a permanent solution!

Help appreciated.

The laptop is also showing a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #3. Could this have anything to do with the problem?

A:Laptop won't reconnect after sleep if wired Win7 computer is on

Unfortunately this is an issue shared by many, as always try a BIOS update first and let us know if that clears up your problem!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199635-laptop-wont-reconnect-after-sleep-if-wired-win7-computer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This is a very odd one I have an old Comfort Keyboard on my desktop machine which is failing It works but the keys are getting sloppy and it isn't long for the world That keyboard is no longer made so I bought an inexpensive Wired Keyboard But when I plug it into my desktop machine I get the dreaded quot bong-bong quot and it refuses to come up If I go into the device manager it's there under that name with a nice quot quot on it Now here's the fun part -- on my Problem Keyboard Wired refuses Very Win7 install Odd 600 -- x64 laptop also Windows x it works I also looked in the registry for the VID and PID And found it under Enum HID and the file it references oem inf is in Windows inf Anyone have any ideas why this thing Very Odd Wired Keyboard 600 Problem -- Win7 x64 refuses install won't come up It does work in POST Acronis recovery and on the Windows Rescue disk But as soon as Win starts the number lock LED goes out and that's it -- it is not recognized once the OS starts whether it's the only keyboard plugged into the machine or there's another one also connected at the same time

A:Very Odd Wired Keyboard 600 Problem -- Win7 x64 refuses install

Hello genesis.

So it is a USB keyboard the works with the laptop but not with the desktop?

Attach the keyboard with the laptop. And then follow the instructions.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Keyboards" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, Properties.
Click on the "Driver" tab, and under it, click the "Driver Details" button.
Upload a screenshot of the resulting window.
It will let us know the drivers that the keyboard is using. And then it is to check why that driver is not working there in the desktop. Also upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/276515-very-odd-wired-keyboard-600-problem-win7-x64-refuses-install.html
Relevancy 50.31%

ok here is what i have main desk top is and a and comps ps3 a and networking wired wifi 3 one wired wired printer help has this help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc AU PCB x C E B Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled it also has a belkin usbwifi alltel g air card what i need help with is want to conect and share the internet and files this comp though a linksys wrt g router that is wired to the ps and a d-link hub the d-link hub is wire to desk tops and a laptop and a hp printer where do i start for some reson i can only have ether my desktops and my main on net or my ps if ps is on and i want to start net on a comp i have to shut off ps and restart all comps what am i doing wrong nbsp

A:help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired

lets see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-networking-3-comps-wired-one-wifi-and-a-wired-printer-and-a-ps3-wired.1020626/
Relevancy 50.31%

First time post I'm on the verge of giving up working this out on my own Kindly let me know if I've failed to follow any forum decorum or done the basic checks on my in tethered), all & & Win7 Ubuntu? but in No wired (wifi internet work own or anything thanks I'm on Win Home Premium but dual-boot into Ubuntu most of the time Decided to try and upgrade to Win so boot into Win after months of not having been there and I have Windows Update do its thing On one of the reboots the internet stops working Here are the things I've tried and various combinations of them Restarted a lot Wireless Wired Tethered from phone wifi on two different phones Tethered from phone data on two different phones Uninstalled the NIC driver downloaded from manufacturer's website and reinstalled Uninstalling the Windows Updates System Restore but for some reason all my restore points don't work Restarted my router Restarted my modem Called my ISP and checked that nothing looked wrong Thing is all of the above wired wireless tethering all ways works in Ubuntu That probably suggests this is not a hardware issue Network and Sharing Center keeps suggesting that I am connected to the internet with every method of connecting that I have listed above but I can neither access any websites nor ping them I still can go to my router configuration page Attached is my ipconfig Please let me know what other things I should do to diagnose and solve my internet problem Thank you so so much for all your help I freaking want Win now No internet in Win7 (wifi & wired & tethered), but all work in Ubuntu? more than ever with all this happening

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381139-no-internet-win7-wifi-wired-tethered-but-all-work-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey there I recently upgraded my motherboard CPU and memory and since then I am only able to connect working [SOLVED] network) not (Unidentified Wired Win7 connection in to the internet using my wireless connection Before the upgrade I was able to connect using my wired connection without a problem I've also added an old ethernet card to see if that can connect but it doesn't Both wired connections hang on quot Identifying quot for like one minute before settling on quot Unidentified network quot I've tried disabling enabling the adapters resetting modem and router updating router firmware uninstalling reinstalling updating adapter drivers Ran out of ideas There's another Win computer Home -bit wired to the router that can connect just fine so I'm not sure what the deal is Not sure if you need my system info or not but here it is anyway Win Pro -bit ASUS M A TD EVO AMD Phenom II X T G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB DDR PC EVGA Geforce GTX Antec TruePower Quattro W If I was unclear about anything or you [SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network) need more info let me know Thanks for the help

A:[SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network)

eeek, I dont know sounds

what is you're isp I think maybe you would have to talk to them about it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wired-connection-not-working-in-win7-unidentified-network-543506.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I just setup a samba server on a linux box I have in another room My laptop Win Home premium is on wireless and can't access the share In my living room I have a wireless router which sends internet wirelessly to my bedroom where my linux box is That room has another wireless router which bridges the connection to ethernet My mac wired in my living room can access the shares And so can my linux partition on my wireless laptop But Windows just doesn't see it It can see my wireless roku device connected to my TV though All the devices mentioned are on the same subnet and I can ping the linux box from windows and tracert shows only the linux box no other devices so nothing Wireless wired can't share access samba linux win7 should be interfering in between I'm lost on what to do I've tried everything I can think of and can't find any information online that works or is applicable to this setup Network discovery is on remember it does see my roku tried connecting by IP hostname but doesn't work I tried disabling the host firewall but didn't help The network devices Windows can see is Network the network name Stuff itself and Roku Stick I've attached a picture of my network layout

A:Wireless win7 can't access wired linux samba share

ok, so I found a workaround I guess. I would still like to know why it won't show up in the "Network" drop down or any other way to connect. Anyway, so I used

net use x: \\$IP\$share folder /user:$IP\$username

If i can connect this way, why can't I connect any other way?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358968-wireless-win7-cant-access-wired-linux-samba-share.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So basically after salvaging an old laptop that had Vista preinstalled and without thinking I shrinked the GB partition and used the free space to install Windows Now I'm not saying it's broken but I want to as active Safely new install marking Win7 get rid of Safely marking new Win7 install as active the Vista partition and I want to do it without the installation disk In short here's my partition table from Disk Management Is there a way I can safely double-check to see if I can mark my Windows partition as active and not cause a boot error e g Safely marking new Win7 install as active ntldr is missing and force me to use the disk or can I use Vista's recovery partition to fix add Win 's boot part of the OS and then mark it as active btw on F there is no 'repair your computer' option for Win that is so I can't do a fixboot from there EDIT after further digging I found that the Vista partition has the boot folder and the bootmgr file while Win does not Is it possible to move the folder file or is there a better way to add the boot part

A:Safely marking new Win7 install as active

You can't do what you want without the install DVD since you will need some way top make the Win 7 partition bootable after you remove the Vista partition.

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO. The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.

You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.
Download and run Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3
Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
Select your USB flash drive
Click Create

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283758-safely-marking-new-win7-install-active.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm sure this question has been asked a million if not a trillion times before, but I'm enough nervous to do this and screw up to make a thread of my own anyway.

What I want to do is to install, by using a daemon tools mounted .iso installer file, windows 7 onto my G: drive partion, while being in windows xp (C: drive). The G: partion is on the same drive as the C one.

I've mounted the .iso file to daemon tools and started the install, seems fine so far. Installation starts and works.

I just want to know if it's safe to install it this way. When it asks what partion I want to install to I choose G:. I can't afford to loose any data from either C: (xp) nor E: (vista). I have images and stuff there which can't be replaced.

Thanks a lot!

Relevancy 49.88%

I recently upgraded Question Win7 on Active Install Partition new from Active Partition Question on new Win7 Install winXP x to win Ultimate I added a GB SSD drive C and have one tb D amp E and one tb F hard drive I've been installing most of my applications on the D partition and data on E and a data backup on F Everything was fine until I temporarily added another hard drive which I formatted to prepare it as a backup drive This seemed Active Partition Question on new Win7 Install to go fine too but when I rebooted I got the dual triple in this case screen with Ubuntu earlier version of windows and win I realized where the non-win version were coming from my D drive where I had winXP and Ubuntu I checked the System Configuration Boot tab and it shows only Windows C Windows Current OS Default OS But under the disk management it shows only drive D has an active partition So I know why I'm seeing the triple boot screen but I'm not sure if I can safely make C active and D not active

A:Active Partition Question on new Win7 Install

You can, but you need the bootable CD of partition Wizard to do it.

Free download Magic Partition Manager Software, partition magic alternative, free partition magic, partition magic Windows 7 and server partition software - Partition Wizard Online

Tutorial: http://www.partitionwizard.com/video...rinactive.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/312649-active-partition-question-new-win7-install.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all This one's been driving me crazy since Wired connection Win7 long - problem to connect time broadband - Ult I switched to Win Ultimate My system Asus H -Pro mobo GB Ram Intel i - Core i CPU Asus HD GB Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect Silent GDDR PCI-E HDCP VGA DVI HDMI Video Card Netgear DGN Wireless-N Router with Built-in ADSL Modem ports Standard garden-variety network card I installed Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect W from scratch on SSD Problem System Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect connects to internet eventually It can take up to to mins from boot-to-desktop until I can access a website Ditto with email During this time the network tray icon has a yellow and the Network and Sharing Center shows a red X between the Network and Internet icons Then suddenly both change to an OK state but there is still a delay of up to minute before I can see a website My network setup is basic PC gt DGN gt Internet I've been through whatever I can think of and my network properties appear ok Been in touch with my ISP and everything appears ok at their end Very grateful for any suggestions Thanks

A:Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect

Hello,

Try performing Clean Boot, see if it helps.

If not, boot on Safe Mode with Networking, see if you can replicate your issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341473-wired-broadband-connection-problem-win7-ult-long-time-connect.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Found some other posts on this subject and it appears I need the Boot files copied to my SSD so it can boot without the other drive active Situation is Win installed on SSD while first system disk still connected now won't boot Manager with active HDD other SSD, Fixing installed Boot on Win7 unless first system disk also installed First system disk has Win XP installed Not normally an issue as it boots up with both drives but assume I'd be better having the ability to Fixing Boot Manager on SSD, Win7 installed with other HDD active boot independently Here is result from bcdedit enum all Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier bootmgr device partition E description Windows Boot Manager locale en-US inherit globalsettings default current resumeobject f c - b - e -b a -bf b c displayorder ntldr current toolsdisplayorder memdiag timeout Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier current device partition C path Windows system winload exe description Windows locale en-US loadoptions DDISABLE INTEGRITY CHECKS inherit bootloadersettings recoverysequence f c - b - e -b a -bf b c recoveryenabled Yes osdevice partition C systemroot Windows resumeobject f c - b - e -b a -bf b c nx OptIn Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier f c - b - e -b a -bf b c device ramdisk C Recovery f c - b - e -b a -bf b c Winre wim f c - b - e -b a -bf b c path windows system winload exe description Windows Recovery Environment inherit bootloadersettings osdevice ramdisk Fixing Boot Manager on SSD, Win7 installed with other HDD active C Recovery f c - b Fixing Boot Manager on SSD, Win7 installed with other HDD active - e -b a -bf b c Winre wim f c - b - e -b a -bf b c systemroot windows nx OptIn winpe Yes Resume from Hibernate --------------------- identifier f c - b - e -b a -bf b c device partition C path Windows system winresume exe description Windows Resume Application locale en-US inherit resumeloadersettings filedevice partition C filepath hiberfil sys debugoptionenabled No Windows Memory Tester --------------------- identifier memdiag device partition E path boot memtest exe description Windows Memory Diagnostic locale en-US inherit globalsettings badmemoryaccess Yes Windows Legacy OS Loader ------------------------ identifier ntldr device partition E path ntldr description Earlier Version of Windows EMS Settings ------------ identifier emssettings bootems Yes Debugger Settings ----------------- identifier dbgsettings debugtype Serial debugport baudrate RAM Defects ----------- identifier badmemory Global Settings --------------- identifier globalsettings inherit dbgsettings emssettings badmemory Boot Loader Settings -------------------- identifier bootloadersettings inherit globalsettings hypervisorsettings Hypervisor Settings ------------------- identifier hypervisorsettings hypervisordebugtype Serial hypervisordebugport hypervisorbaudrate Resume Loader Settings ---------------------- identifier resumeloadersettings inherit globalsettings Device options -------------- identifier f c - b - e -b a -bf b c description Ramdisk Options ramdisksdidevice partition C ramdisksdipath Recovery f c - b - e -b a -bf b c boot sdi and here is screen shot of disk manager Ideally I'd like to leave the spinning disc bootable from a boot menu if required but to normally boot to the SSD without going through the boot menu From what I've read I think I only need to copy the boot files to the SSD Currently it boots straight from the SSD but fails if I disconnect the XP HDD which has the boot files Only found this out when trouble shooting a boot problem after installing some new hardware In the screen shot disk is the original spinning disc with XP Disk is my data storage array Disk is the SSD with Win Appreciate any guidance on fixing this Thanks Chris

A:Fixing Boot Manager on SSD, Win7 installed with other HDD active

You configured a Dual Boot with XP by not unplugging the HD first before install.

Please post back a screenshot of your maximized Win7 Disk Mgmt drive map and listings, using the SNipping Tool in Start Menu.

Normal method is to Mark Active Win7 partition or it's 100mb System Reserved partition, unplug XP HD, set WIn7 HD first to boot in BIOS setup, then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times.

Once Win7 starts on its own and holds the System Active boot flags, you can plug back in the XP HD, boot it when needed by tapping the one-time BIOS Boot Menu key at boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/233958-fixing-boot-manager-ssd-win7-installed-other-hdd-active.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have downloaded admin tools for Windows 7, however, when I go to the "Turn Windows Features On or Off" (attached) I get an error message (attached). Also attached is my system information. I am basically needing AD Users and Computers and for the life of me can't figure it out. If anyone knows something I am doing wrong please help me.

A:Can not get Active Directory to work, error when I turn on win7 feat..

Try reinstalling the RSAT. Run command prompt as an administrator and then enter the following to uninstall it:

Code:
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:958830
Then go to: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...RefreshPkg.msu and download a new copy.

Make sure you are using the correct version (x86/x64). I have linked to the x64 because I saw from your screen shot that you're on a 64 bit machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221396-can-not-get-active-directory-work-error-when-i-turn-win7-feat.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi..
i have one 750GB hard disk with 8 partition. i installed windows 7 in first partition and windows 8 in second partition.
i want to hide windows 8 drive when i boot in windows 7 and hide windows 7 drive when i boot in windows 8.
with NeoGrub tools in EasyBCD can do this, but i dont know how to scripting in NeoGrub!
how can i do that? plz help me..

A:Dual boot win7 & win8 with Hide active partitions

You already asked this in the Win 7 forum and have a response: Dual boot win7 & win8 with Hide active partitions - Windows 7 Support Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21087-dual-boot-win7-win8-hide-active-partitions.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi..
i have one 750GB hard disk with 8 partition. i installed windows 7 in first partition and windows 8 in second partition.
i want to hide windows 8 drive when i boot in windows 7 and hide windows 7 drive when i boot in windows 8.
with NeoGrub tools in EasyBCD can do this, but i dont know how to scripting in NeoGrub!
how can i do that? plz help me..

A:Dual boot win7 & win8 with Hide active partitions

Have you tried simply removing the drive letter for 8 when you`re in 7 and vice versa ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280029-dual-boot-win7-win8-hide-active-partitions.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium and I moved some of the Public Folders Public Documents another directory to folder Public Public longer no moved Music Pictures from C to D as instructed by Microsoft at this link When you try to move a public folder in Windows Vista the Move button may be missing I want to be able to share these folders from their new location with the other computers in my home network so I turned on the Public Folder sharing in the Network and Sharing Center However in the Network and Sharing Center the only public folders recognized are the ones still at the original location - C Users Public Favorites and C Public Desktop hidden files and Recorded TV I have spent a few hours searching for the answer to this on the internet In this version of Vista Home Premium there is NOTthe option to change the letter of the directory in the registry by changing the key called public as suggested by the How To Geek at this link Move the Public folder moved to another directory no longer Public Public Folder in Windows Vista the How-To Geek How To Geek says quot Browse down to this key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList You should see a key called Public Double-click it to open it and change it to D Public or whatever location you want to move the public folder to quot Note - Vista Home Premium does NOT have a Public key Does anyone else have any other ideas Thanks so much in advance

A:Public folder moved to another directory no longer Public

Originally Posted by vistabegood

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium and I moved some of the Public Folders (Public Documents, Music, Pictures) from C to D, as instructed by Microsoft at this link When you try to move a public folder in Windows Vista, the Move button may be missing

I want to be able to share these folders from their new location with the other computers in my home network, so I turned on the Public Folder sharing in the Network and Sharing Center.

However, in the Network and Sharing Center the only public folders recognized are the ones still at the original location - C:\Users\Public\Favorites and C:\ ...\Public Desktop (hidden files) and ...\Recorded TV.

I have spent a few hours searching for the answer to this on the internet. In this version of Vista Home Premium, there is NOTthe option to change the letter of the directory in the registry by changing the key called public as suggested by the How To Geek at this link Move the Public Folder in Windows Vista :: the How-To Geek

How To Geek says:
"Browse down to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
You should see a key called Public. Double-click it to open it and change it to D:\Public, or whatever location you want to move the public folder to."Note - Vista Home Premium does NOT have a Public key.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks so much in advance.

If you open Windows Explorer and right click on the directory that you want to share. Select Share from the popup menu and then click on the Advanced Sharing button. In the Advanced Sharing dialogue, select Share this folder. If you want sharing users to be able to add or delete files then click on permissions and make sure that the Group Everyone has Full Control selected.

I hope this helps.

UKMedia

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/221640-public-folder-moved-another-directory-no-longer-public.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've corrupted the permissions on my C:\Users\Public\Public\Downloads folder. How can I recreate this folder? I've tried deleting the folder and then recreating it in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\..\Shell Folders & User Shell Folders, but
to no avail.
This is on a Windows 8.1 Pro x64, non-domain, desktop installation.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9811f36d-fe94-472c-aa06-96c0f3d30f57/how-to-recreate-the-cuserspublicpublicdownloads-folder?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.73%

I had a Vista machine I was trying to add a third partition to. I made the new partition active and then my computer won't load. Bootmgr is missing Press ctrl+Alt+Del to restart error.

Had vista as the factory OS

Please Help! I just got a Cisco 2851 last night and I want to play with it instead of fixing my laptop!

A:Vista Machine- Added Active Win7 partition BOOTMGR is missing error

Hello, this may help : Bootmgr is missing

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294234-vista-machine-added-active-win7-partition-bootmgr-missing-error.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I found this site because this thread showed up in google search http forums techguy org networking -network-bridge-wifi-ethernet-win html This is what I m having problem with So here is my situation I got a ubee router down stairs I m in the attic on my gaming workstation media server I have all the cables and equipment to run Win7 wireless between wireless and wired bridge GigE but this house was built over a years ago and running much cable wont be easy Win7 wireless bridge between wired and wireless My signal in the attic isnt great but its fair according to windows I used the ethernet port on my motherboard upstairs and my netgear GigE Win7 wireless bridge between wired and wireless hub to make a small lan for my extra gaming Win7 wireless bridge between wired and wireless computer and file server Now when I did a bridge i thought the DHCP on the router would find and give ip s to the stuff upstairs quot behind the bridge quot but it didnt and manual forwarding was hit and miss So I tried ICS but that didnt work either Then I realized I had to change the router to hand out address instead of but when I retried thebridge that didnt work but the ICS did The DNS was really slow for the computers behind the ics host My main problems is I m notliking the ICS firewall Stuff quot in front of the host quot cant see services behind it and vice versa For example my server behind the ICS host gettings its IP from the win host is running a bf dedicated server Every thing upstairs thats on ICS including the host can see it and connect But nothing downstairs regardless of the OS Now if I start a server downstairs nothing upstairs can see it even the host which is strange Bug in win why dont the wirednetwork adapter have a gateway wouldnt the gateway be the wireless nic address Ive done bridges before with routers using ddr-wrt and it was a breeze I have to have this working right I just moved here and I work from home on my computer I messed with this for serveral hours Another weird thing I notices was my router doesnt do DNS relay but it can be turned on Here is my host ipconfig to tired tonight to do the others Will make a network diagram if it will help Thanks Levi C Windows System gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Levi-Tower Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - B-DD- - E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe afee f eca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- -B -A - - - - E-EF- F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description D-Link AirPlus DWL-G Wireless PCI Adap ter rev B Physical Address - - - E-EF- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fcc fe a d f a cd Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address fcc fe a f fcee b a Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe d f a cd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June PM Lease Expires Monday June AM Default Gateway fe a e eff fefa b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- -B -A - - - - E-EF- F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C C E - B- - - E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C CF A - D- E-A D -AB AE F B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - -... Read more

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there,

I've got a desktop with a wired connection to a cable broadband modem (with only one connection on it) and I'd like to have my laptop (which has a wireless card) to share that connection only wireless .... if you know what I mean... anyone tell me what I need to do to get that working? is it possible?

cheers,
Mark.

A:Get wireless laptop and wired desktop to share wired cable broadband connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-wireless-laptop-and-wired-desktop-to-share-wired-cable-broadband-connection.755169/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have two network cards in my PC. One of them connects to the internet while the other connects to my home network.

The issue is enabling public folders for the home network in "Network and Sharing Center" enables public folders for the public network also. In other words Windows grants permission to people on the internet to access my c:\users\Public folder.

Disabling public folders under public network settings disables public folders for the home network also, preventing people on my local area network from accessing my PC.

Refer this screenshot if you don't get my problem: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6878074832/

In other words Windows grants permission to people on the internet to access my c:\users\Public folder.

A:Cannot turn off "Public Folder Sharing" for public network

I think it's because you set up a Public Network as your first interface. Because of this it may not be possible to turn off the Public file sharing option.

You don't need to use both interfaces to share the wireless connection with your wife. You can do that with a single interface by just setting up a Home Network on one of the interfaces then sharing out from that interface using software to make it easier like Connectify.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221552-cannot-turn-off-public-folder-sharing-public-network.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a belkin wireless/wired router, and it's really starting to stress me out. I have the wireless part working just fine, all my wireless computers connect to each other/the internet just fine. BUT, my wired computer is not connecting to the internet at all, but the DHCP is still assigning it an IP address and the computer thinks everything is fine. When I click on Internet Explorer, it says that the page cannot be displayed. It's driving me mad, can anyone help?

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all,

I have an Aztech ADSL 2/2+ modem and a Dlink DGL4300 wireless router.

I set up my modem and when wired to my pc, it works.
I followed the manual to install the wireless router, so that my pc is now connected to the wireless router, but somehow I'm not able to get the internet.

It works again when i replug my pc direct to the modem.

Can any1 help me please?

I set up my wireless router to connect to internet via PPPoE, settings are fine. do i need to reset anything and in any particular order?

Thanks,

Tom

A:Wired to modem works, but wired to router does not

tom4u said:

I set up my wireless router to connect to internet via PPPoE, settings are fine. do i need to reset anything and in any particular order?Click to expand...

The modem has the PPPoE connection; Your wireless connection to the router should be straight ethernet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-to-modem-works-but-wired-to-router-does-not.118642/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I active when Google active redirect? No but scripting enabled viruses found ve been fighting with some sort of redirect virus Checked my computer with Malwarebates in Safe MOde Normal Mode etc It did find some viruses but removed them and nothing is present anymore I also checked my comp with BitDefender online scanner SuperAntiSpyware HijackTHis They don t find any viruses Computer works fast although aftre all this checking and removal I found that sometimes when I click two windows too fast it locks and I have to reboot it by reset button Now the Google redirect? No viruses found but active when active scripting enabled annoying part is that when I do Google search it still redirects me to various random sites I also found that when I disable active scripting it does not do that but then I cannot view YOuTube movies etc Is ther a way to analyze and search for scripts that cause this I assume it s just some stupid script that gets activated when I m on line because none Google redirect? No viruses found but active when active scripting enabled of the AV programs I use finds any viruses anymore Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Google redirect? No viruses found but active when active scripting enabled

Could you please post the log files from all the programs you ran? (MBAM and SUPERantispyware) Do NOT post the Hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221224/google-redirect-no-viruses-found-but-active-when-active-scripting-enabled/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everybody,

I am new here and actually after I checked different contributions, I liked the place, it's really helpful, and I hope to be a permanent member. Well, I am new to VBA, and I just got a macro that runs on active open sheet, then I need to run the same macro, but this time on more than a file/ sheet (actually it's a big number, like 1000+), closed and already saved in a folder. I would pretty appreciate if anyone helps me to add the necessary code ( which will direct the macro to : focus on a specific folder in a specific location (e.g. E:\myfolder) , then run on every excel file in that folder, and to save every file before close , doing that until the last file in that folder .. that's it .. Any help?

Many thanks
Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-a-macro-run-on-active-sheet-run-on-many-non-active-files-in-a-folder.951885/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi All,

My Application that is active and  40 users are using that, It was working fine on windows xp , but when we installed Windows 7 on users machine , they are facing issues that after few minutes their icon is disappearing and once we are going to check from
taskbar>>customize  and try to change the dropdown of the application it is showing "This
notification icon is not currently active. It will be shown next time it becomes active"

I tried almost all solutions that are on internet , deleting registry/scan system etc. but problem is still there.

Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Afzal

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/67bde8ee-5e01-44c6-bb41-a6c7f20dadd8/this-notification-icon-is-not-currently-active-it-will-be-shown-next-time-it-becomes-active?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, I am trying to find out what kind of network connectivity is typically required between 2 Active-Active data centers? (Keeping in mind the global traffic management would be required between the 2 sites and all the traffic would typically be coming to Site A first though Akamai).

We currently have a GigE (provided by InterNap) coming to our data center.

Thanks,

Sam.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connectivity-between-2-active-active-data-centers.609691/
Relevancy 40.42%

When I have any programs open that have gone to the taskbar because another program opened... How do I get any of those programs to activate again from taskbar?
This has driven me nuts since I got Win 10.
I click on the program icon on taskbar, and nothing happens. Only way I can get program active again is to right click, and start another instance of it.
I hope I'm making this clear. Cuz I really want to know how to get around this.
Thanks

A:active programs on taskbar - how do you make them 'active' again

See if this tutorial can hep...................
How to Clear and Reset the Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10
Thumbnail Cache - Clear and Reset in Windows 10

Please use Option Two.
It's easiest and fastest.

And, just in case................
How to Rebuild the Icon Cache in Windows 10
Icon Cache - Rebuild in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33043-active-programs-taskbar-how-do-you-make-them-active-again.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I had an external HDD put in as an external HDD, but for some reason it is marked as active (when connected with my normal HDDs windows will not boot), can I make it inactive WITHOUT loosing all the data (It has only my movie collection ripped from DVD on it) nothing else. I only found out the other day when I replaced my PSU with a new one, and windows would not boot until I disconnected it. (after having it connected without a problem for about 2 years).

A:Make an Active drive non-active

In a standard Windows PC, the active partition would be C, or System Reserved if you have that partition. Do you have both of those partitions and is either of them marked "active"?

The active flag has nothing to do with data.

A screen shot of Windows Disk Management would help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351713-make-active-drive-non-active.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have my task scheduler programmed to run...
maintenance-defrag
maintenance-disc cleanup
maintenance-scandisc
tune-up application start

All of these are scheduled to run at the same time - is this ok or will they interfere with each other?

Also is once a week a good guideline for these tasks?

Relevancy 38.7%

Is is possible to install m.2 ssd and hdd simultaneously into hp pavillion x360 13-a020nr or I'll have to remove hdd to install ssd?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Is is possible to install m.2 ssd and hdd simultaneously int...

@VBenedichuk? Most of the time in the manual it would say that there are limitations. Example if SATA and M.2 are installed M.2 must be the bootable drive. Example if M.2 is installed then the other drive must be an SSD. For yours I see no limitations. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-is-possible-to-install-m-2-ssd-and-hdd-simultaneously/td-p/5769898
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi All,
I'm currently trying to connect a laptop computer to 2 networks. The computer is running windows 7. I'm using the internal wireless card to connect to a wireless network for internet and I'm using a USB wireless N adapter to connect to a wireless projector(optoma TW766W) to make a presentation. What's currently happening is that I successfully connect to both networks, but any time I try to connect to the internet, it sends me to the wireless projector's setup page, which I can manually connect to using an ip address. Is there a way I can configure which network connection it uses to connect to the internet?

A:Simultaneously using 2 networks

Are both networks capable of connecting to the internet or just one? A simple troubleshoot would be to delete the wanted network from the computer and re-connet to it.

Also, what OS is the computer running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/simultaneously-using-2-networks-626821.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I m using W Professional x My graphics card is a Gainward Radeon HD MB My monitor is a Dell WFP My tv is a Pioneer plasma KRP- M My problem I have tried to connect my tv via DVI-D to my graphics card When the pc monitor is active and I activate my tv to the pc-input the only thing I see on my tv is the desktop screen with no information at all no shortcuts no windows buttons When I disconnect my pc-monitor the tv works well and I can control the pc watching my tv all the screens and shortcuts are visible So my question simultaneously 2 screens Using is how I can make both screens work at the same time so both screens are connected and on both screens I can see all the actions I execute I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers Via the ATI Control center I can switch between the screens But that s not want I want I want to use them simultaneously

A:Using 2 screens simultaneously

Hi, welcome to the forums

What you're describing is the 'Extended Desktop' whish just adds extra width to the existing screens. If you press Win+P and select 'Duplicate' does it solve the issue?

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/121815-using-2-screens-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Is it possible to use 2 separate networks using Windows XP?

A:XP and 2 networks simultaneously

Multihoming - Multiple IP Addresses and Network Interfaces Multihoming Options

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39625-xp-2-networks-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Right now I have both FF 2 and 3 installed (3 is installed in the default directory and 2 is installed in a custom directory) but I can't figure out a way to store different profiles.

The profiles are stored in users/username/appdata/local/mozilla and both 2 and 3 are using the same profile. I can run FF 2 OR FF 3 but I can't run both at the same time.

I mainly want to run them both at the same time because I use add ons that don't work in 3, and don't want to give up 2 yet, but I also like some of the features of 3 and want to use it also.

Thanks

A:How can I run Firefox 2 and 3 simultaneously?

a simple way would be to use Portable Firefox 2
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloa...refox-portable

If you dont want to do this you have to stick to the "official" way of renaming profile directories, I guess:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox

Quote:

It is possible to change the location of the Firefox profile folder but you should read this article for instructions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/how-can-i-run-firefox-2-and-3-simultaneously-269295.html
Relevancy 38.7%

OK my work have asked me to sort out their internet for them LAN and Wireless simultaneously so it is available on every computer They only have the internet on computer at the moment through a standard modem The other computers throughout the office are connected to each other via a switch Now I was going to use ICS but found that this would be problematic because all computers have static ip addresses out of the x range This is because they Wireless and LAN simultaneously use an old novell server as a file a print server What I am thinking now is that I could get a wireless router and set that up to provide the Wireless and LAN simultaneously internet connection wirelessly to every computer Am I correct in thinking that this would be ideal Wireless and LAN simultaneously as it wouldn t alter the LAN network in anyway and the file and print server would function as normal and the wirless network would work alonside it easily Or are they going to conflict and start sending traffic down the wrong network Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Is there any way to connect a second monitor, mouse, and keyboard to a PC running Windows Vista and allow two people to use it at the same time?

Relevancy 38.7%

If I want to record sound from PC I use Stereo Mixer
and If I want to record sound from me I use Mic

But can I do both at the same time?

I've got Realtek HD

Thanks

A:[ASK] How to record from PC and Mic simultaneously?

Quote: Originally Posted by christantoan

If I want to record sound from PC I use Stereo Mixer
and If I want to record sound from me I use Mic

But can I do both at the same time?

I've got Realtek HD

Thanks

There is a way to do this.

Leave Stereo Mix as your Default recording device.

Have a mic plugged in.

Go to Recording devices, select the Mic with a single left click then select properties. Go to the "Listen" tab and enable 'Listen to this Device".

Under the Levels Tab:
Make sure your Mic levels are high enough.

Let me know if this works on your system.

Ap

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/119193-ask-how-record-pc-mic-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Folks,

I have two internet sources one is cable usin a nic and the other is dsl using ppp, i'm using xp and want to setup my browser such that all browsing can be done via cable (ethernet) and all other apps use dsl(ppp). This means that I have two gateways to deal with. How do i setup a proxy to handle this. Please advise

Tachyon

A:Using DSL and cable simultaneously in win xp

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=266553

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-dsl-and-cable-simultaneously-in-win-xp.266551/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi there hope someone can help.

I have a about 8 computers that I have just built and all run on the same network, could anyone tell me how to install windows 7 to them simultaneously? Would I need to run a server?
I am familiar with backup software but need some guidance as how to do it.

Thank you for your time

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Folks,

I have two internet sources one is cable usin a nic and the other is dsl using ppp, i'm using xp and want to setup my browser such that all browsing can be done via cable (ethernet) and all other apps use dsl(ppp). This means that I have two gateways to deal with. How do i setup a proxy to handle this. Please advise

Tachyon

A:Using DSL and cable simultaneously in win xp

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=266553

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-dsl-and-cable-simultaneously-in-win-xp.266551/