Windows Support Forum

Memory Problems?

Q: Memory Problems?

Hello all...I'm having problems with my Dell PC. I just purchased a sweet new scanner (ScanSnap SV600) and when I scan a lot of pages at once, I get an error message saying I'm out of storage and to restart the computer. The specific code given is 0x8007000E. I've also been noticing when I run a few web tabs at once, sometimes they just go black and I need to restart the browser. It has 8GB of RAM and all the drivers are updated. Anything I'm missing? Thank you kindly!

Dell Optiplex 790
[email protected]
8GB RAM
Win 7 Pro

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Memory Problems?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Memory Problems?

How much storage space do you have? From what I could research this error is tied to programs demanding a great deal of memory. You say this occurs when trying to scan a lot of pages at once. Does this occur when scanning less material at once? Have you tried updating your drivers for the scanner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problems.208487/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Everyone from Bleepingcomputer.com,

I am facing some issues with my laptop.

I always noticed my CPU, Memory, Physical Memory usage are running quite high.

Wonder is it normal for my computer?

I always feel the temperature is quite high and my fan keep running fast all the time even with just running some lite program. Sometimes my computer also turned to Blue Screen.

Please find the attachments to see my Task Manager. 

A:High CPU, Memory, Physical Memory Usage turn Bluescreen Problems

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603084/high-cpu-memory-physical-memory-usage-turn-bluescreen-problems/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I ran Windows Memory Diagnostics multiple times (1GB Ram = 2X512), sometimes it reposrts errors, and sometimes not!

I'm running two OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64Bit, where I'm encountering bad performance, and Windows 7 32Bit which runs smoothly.

I'm not sure if it's really a memory damage or something else. I upgraded lately my CPU from Intel Pentium 4 506 to Intel Core 2 Duo 7500 (compatible with my mobo), when the BSOD appeared again and again.

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows Memory Diagnostic Reports Memory Problems

Hello TheHero2012, welcome to SF!

For better mem testing use:
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.
Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-memtest86
-------

Sorry, should have read better. W7 64B will not run on just 1Gb of RAM.
If it runs ok on the 32B then there is prob nothing wrong with the ram itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184142-windows-memory-diagnostic-reports-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 36.12%

i have an abit kn9 sli currently with 1gb of ram. i purchased 4 gb(2x2gb) kit of ocz 800mhk pc 6400 ram which the motherboard manual says supports. i go to install it and i get a blue screen while starting windows. i have configured the bios both ways; auto dram timings and also manual set to dram specs on the chips themselves. how can i get this to work? do i have to re-install windows. i have windows 7.

Relevancy 36.12%

System Windows XP Pro SP only installed a few weeks ago Hard Drive TB Memory Gigs I Memory problems dont remember the rest sorry I can add it if someone tells me how to Memory problems look it up It started a week or so ago when my dad lent me a USB connected SD card reader and I plugged it in The computer did the usual BONG sound and then immediately dropped offline - I had to hard reboot the PC The ruddy thing never DID detect any SD card either Since then the computer has repeatedly just RANDOMLY stopped detecting the internet I havent used the SD card reader since Additionally programs will stop opening other things The computer doesnt 'freeze up' per se The mouse still works I can still access Start Menu but nothing will open If a browser is open And I tried with CHrome and Firefox it will close and refuse to reopen One program gives this message Unable to create TCP IP socket for TFU Code no Buffer Space I tried CTRL ALT DEL at this point so I can look at my processes and what may be running in the BG and got this Application failed to initialize t Click OK to Terminate I may have too many in there I wrote it down by hand The only fix is to hard-reboot at this time but its frustrating and cause its random I risk losing data I dont know if my 'saves' will always work when this happens I want it fixed The hard drive is rather newer than the rest of the computer but ran fine before all of this ANy ideas

A:Memory problems

Hi and welcome to TSF,

Have you installed all the drivers for your hardware devices aftar the install of Windows XP SP3?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/memory-problems-694595.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an Asus P4B Motherboard. I had three 128 sticks non-ECC placed in the three slots. System worked fine. Once I replaced the sticks with three 512 ECC sticks the computer failed to start. However, I was able to enter CMOS to change the configuration from NON-ECC to ECC. Still not reading to get pass "Start at last known configurations". Is there something else I should be doing. By the way this is an old board the RAM is SDRAM 168 pin PC133 DIMM ECC. Each slot suppose to hold 1GB. When I replace the slots with the old memory the computer works fine.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Gismo

Relevancy 36.12%

I believe I am having some memory problems but do not know how to check if they are actually memory problems I recently downloaded a game demo which was GB however when I tried to run it took about minutes to load Possible memory problems Whilst making it impossible to do anything else on the computer as the loading process took up all of the computer resources When installing the demo the installation came up with a CRC error however after I bit of research on the Internet I found that others who had this problem put it down to memory problems I choose to ignore this error the and the demo finished installing without any other problems However when running the demo and attempting to play a game it crashes back to the desktop with a error message exlaiming that the laptop is quot out of memory quot How do I test the memory and ensure that there is no errors Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Good day to all Yesterday this computer stopped running FS Once I try to start it after seconds I get a pop up showing quot run out of available memory FS will now exit free space running Disk cleanup quot Click OK and another window says The instruction at x c f e referenced memory at x c The memory could not be read Click OK and program shuts down I have FS as well and it works fine The GB HD is partitioned into sections and with available FS9 problems memory, out of the nd partition I have Win out of available memory, problems with FS9 XP bit edition ver Evaluation copy build srv spbeta with SP I have not used this section for months until today as I have FS also loaded here and it works just fine it is a bare bones installation unlike the FS I normally use on bit C drive which uses other programs like FSNavigator and Squawkbox IVAP and voice programs I checked the Help center and found the exact message and they advised to ck for enough disk space fs needs mb I have gb left on a partition on C drive which is the one FS is on Also they advise to check the paging file I tried resetting it to instead of the mb or out of available memory, problems with FS9 so that it was on and that did not help I then followed their advice on resetting it to zero rebooting and allowing XP to reset the file It reset it to the original mb a bit I have used sfc scannow from dos and had to insert my XP disk mins later the process was completed results same problem I ve re-installed directx c which seemed alright in the first place but noted that others having this problem from searches on the internet resolved their problem by getting directx update mine was already at c no change Rann Adaware and removed ndata miners no change Ran spybot and am including the log of RED nastys that I am not sure what to do with should I allow spybot to fix these Here s the log DSO Exploit out of available memory, problems with FS9 Data source object exploit Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Zones W DSO Exploit Data source object exploit Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Zones W DSO Exploit Data source object exploit Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Zones W DSO Exploit Data source object exploit Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Zones W DSO Exploit Data source object exploit Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS DEFAULT Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Zones W --- Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy version --- - - Includes Cookies sbi - - Includes Dialer sbi - - Includes Hijackers sbi - - Includes Keyloggers sbi - - Includes LSP sbi - - Includes Malware sbi - - Includes Revision sbi - - Includes Security sbi - - Includes Spybots sbi - - Includes Tracks uti - - Includes Trojans sbi I am now going to run Hijack this and post the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Wintab exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hplampc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA TELUSE SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files VirtuaReminder VirtuaReminder exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C QUICKENW bagent exe C Program Files TELUS eCare bin mpbtn exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C WINDOWS sys... Read more

Relevancy 36.12%

im having problems with Physical Memory crashes it says i dont have enough "Physical Memory" then it says it will delet memory and i dont want to lose memory so i shut down

A:Memory Problems

is it always that way? did u reboot? what happened after your rebooting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.161181/
Relevancy 36.12%

I must be blind or something but I couldn't find any specific place to problems...? Memory put this So it's here It can be moved if need be Anyway my laptop has been running fine if not exceptionally good since purchase But as recently in the past week the memory has been eaten up And I've scoured the web for anyone else having my issues coming up with only quot oh it's Vista it takes up a lot of memory even on idle you don't have to worry about it quot Well for a little over a year I haven't had to Memory problems...? worry about it But now it's just bizarre Right now and mind you again this has never happened before my laptop on idle is taking up gigs and I only have gigs at maximum And this wouldn't be a problem if I didn't get these annoying quot low on memory quot pop ups and program crashes I can't surf the net I can't use Photoshop which DOES eat up a lot of memory but I was doing fine with it before now hell I can't even have it on all day like I used to I'm a college student and I use this for just about everything Homework communication telephone artwork animation music and movies It is my media center my typewriter my animation cartooning studio and my radio and I NEED it to work properly Does ANYONE have any clue as to why this might be happening or how I can fix this problem I can provide specs but I wouldn't know how it'd have anything to do with this since I've had this machine for a little over a year now with no memory problems to speak of until now Is it a virus Malware Adware whatever I haven't gotten any random popups or suspicious activity alerts from Norton Internet Security that's what I use right now so what do I do Are there any instructions one could give me to stop any services or background programs Services such as svc host are currently taking up around kb or whatever-- Holy okay seriously I got a C error and Firefox was closed Just now WHAT THE IS HAPPENING EDIT netsvcs are currently taking up between kb and kb My processes are taking up only about kb There are TONS of services open and running I do not know which to stop or if my memory loss even has anything to do with them

A:Memory problems...?

Someone with more experience should chime in, but what I would personally do is backup all the files you need and reload the system with a clean install. Before you do this make sure you can reinstall all your applications and such.

This sounds drastic, but if it solves the problem it will save you hours of troubleshooting and you will have a computer that runs "smoother". My laptop see's a clean install every six months, but I have everything I need on my desktop so I am not worried about losing anything.

It could also be the hardware. Someone else should probably help with that.

I normally turn on a movie or something while I reload the system. Not a big deal to me, but it might seem like it to others.

If you dont feel comfortable with this or if someone comes on here and tells you not to do this, you should probably listen to them. Also you might want to wait to find out if someone has a really simple fix.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/188654-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I just got two more FPM -pin SIMMs from AcaCandy x mb to add to a single mb SIMM Thanks again AcaCandy My Genoa Socket mobo yeah I know it s old has memory banks numbered - The mb SIMM was in Bank and I put the other two in banks and I had to disconnect problems memory most of the cables in my computer to get at the memory memory problems slots When I turned on the computer the POST memory test showed the correct amount k as did the BIOS and that little screen that appears before your OS does I am operating Windows a on my system The problem occurs when Windows starts If you try to start anything the computer just stops or gives you a long series of BSODs If you leave it sit it will give you a blue screen error when the screensaver tries to start It does the same thing in Safe Mode Am I just missing something simple I am supposed to do I don t think it would show the correct memory amount if it was faulty Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

My motherboard reads 256 memory as 128,how to i change this

A:memory problems

Is the 256MB in one stick, or more? If more, try switching them in the DIMM's. Try installing them one at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.75470/
Relevancy 36.12%

hey guys,

2 issues:

-for some reasons i cant uninstall utilities no more from my pc.
In add/remove programs, there's no more the botton 'remuve' next to each listen utility so i don't really know how to do it.
-As u can see in the attachment, there's something more weird going on: i start photoshop and it gives me that message, as if there's not enough memory.
Yesterday it was working, today i get that message and i didnt really do anything to the pc.
what do u guys can suggest me?

thanksQ

Relevancy 36.12%

hi got a problem

i have a server with tyan s1692d tiger 2 mainboard. the problem i am having is when i start the server, sometimes it will say it has 256mb, sometimes 128, and sometime 512mb, now on the system there is 512mb installed. do u know what could be wrong.

Thanks

Ranj

A:serious memory problems

Hi there -

Your mainboard may need a new battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-memory-problems.84199/
Relevancy 36.12%

A quick summary...Running ScanDisc and Disc Defragmenter I came across a few problems. It gave ne notices that other programs were writing to this drive and closing any running programs would help it finish quicker only I wasn't running any other programs. Also Disc defragmenter took 1hr. 45 min. to complete. I'm am getting "Not enough memory" notations so I deleted a few unnecessary programs and that is why I was running disc defragmenter. Scan Disc just keeps starting over constantly. Is there anyone who can help? I generally know nothing about computers but follow directions well.

Relevancy 36.12%

Internet Explorer to randomly have to close?

Games to freeze, or randomly have to close?

One issue Im having is with Counter Strike Source, it says fault at datacache.dll, could that be RAM related???

Could all of these problems be Power Supply related?

PROBLEM IS, I CANT INSTALL A FLOPPY DRIVE, SO DONT TELL ME TO RUN MEMTEST ON A FLOPPY. haha, any suggestions?
Thanks.

A:Can RAM Memory Cause these Problems?

Possible... But i have look at Google and i found out that many people having the datacache.dll error.. and im still not sure of the solution...

Why try out updating ALL of your driver by checking Device Manager... by Right Click Computer and click Mange.. then click device Manager and look out for yellow ? and red !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-ram-memory-cause-these-problems.589804/
Relevancy 36.12%

Ok so i got a new pc2700 512mb stick of ram from a friend. And im having probelms.. They are both the same type of ram and same manufactor but they will not work together.. They will both boot my computer seperatly. When there both installed it recognizes them in bios and boots and when it starts to load windows it stalls. any help???

btw do you guys think it might be my psu... its only 255 watt and i did a psu calculator and it said over 400 but idk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.486762/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I ve had the following kit for about months and it s been totally reliable Core Duo E MHz Abit AB Pro Gb Corsair Dominator DDR- - - - I think MHz - MHz fsb with memory divide same as DDR for stock MHz fsb - Running - - - timings from CPU-Z default BIOS settings Gigabyte Galaxy II Water Cooler x front and rear chassis fans XFX GX factory clock Chassis is an Aluminium CoolerMaster ATCS The system is running default voltages and is always cool with good aire flow from the front to the rear of the chassis over the RAM However recently i ve had random reboots and Crash to desktops while playing games and virus Help? Problems, Can Memory Anyone checks The CPU temps are Idle - x Prime depending on load from CoreTemp VGA temps idle at and max out at running games benchmarks for hours Forceware drivers I ve been monitoing the voltages through the Abit microGuru software and they all look stable On the reboot from the last crash I actually read the MS pages which poped up and it stated a memory error as the reason for the Memory Problems, Can Anyone Help? crash I downloaded memtest and sure enough memory errors I rebooted set the CPU and Memory Problems, Can Anyone Help? RAM to default GHz changed the fsb and memory divide to DDR- but kept the timings re ran the memTest and after a while I had over coverage on both memtests Mb each Returned the system to it s previous state and memtest failed almost straight away Is there something wrong with the RAM Could I just give them a bit more voltage I can t understand while it d only noe after months i ve encounteed this problem Any advice welcome nbsp

A:Memory Problems, Can Anyone Help?

Well...

I don't know what to say. You have a system that works with the default setting but doesn't work when you overclock it. Not a whole lot to say about that. The ability to overclock any computer part isn't guaranteed by manufacturers 99% of the time so if your computer doesn't overclock then it's really not a problem per se.

Overclocking stresses computer parts and in the course of 4 months you may have put parts of your computer through a lot of heat stress and can no longer overclock as well as it use to. I'm not a huge advocate of overclocking however since it's pointing to the RAM as the culprit, I would try to replace the RAM or at least use less aggressive timing on the RAM. The RAM was only rated for DDR 800 and you may be using a pretty aggressive timing for 833. I would have bought higher speed rated quality RAM if I was trying to OC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems-can-anyone-help.564237/
Relevancy 36.12%

I had 4x 1GB DDR2 6400 chips. Just swapped out 2 of them for 2GB DDR2 6400 chips. Task manager performance used to show 4 GB of memory, It now shows 3GB. I should have a total of 6GB now. I'm confused. Think I did the install right according to the board manual. Positions are:

Channel A DIMM 0 = 1MB
Channel A DIMM 1 = 2MB
Channel B DIMM 0 = 1MB
Channel B DIMM 1 = 2MB

These are placed on an Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard.

When I first booted after making the change, I got a message about the memory not being matched, and that it would lower my performance. No beeping though.

Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Sounds like you need to run memtest86 Memtest86 - Download Page Run it through around 5-8 passes 1 stick at a time in the suggested slot. This will tell you if you have any bad sticks.

Are they all the exact same Ram modules or mixed manufactures or just size? I ask because this is never a good idea to mix size much less manufactuers due to speed, timings and Voltages can be different and cause problems
CPU-z will also help with identifying each stick CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting.
Their might also be a setting in your bios you need to change to allow windows to read all the ram.
The error might be due to the fact that the Ram is not supported for your board and it has automatically defaulted the speeds on the ram. Check with the QVL on the boards site. (Qualified Vendors List.) for sticks recommended for your board.
This should get you started. Please post screen shots of each stick in cpuid so we can see under memory slots what is reported.
At the bottom of every post are also releated posts to yours you can read throguh it might save some time.Thanks.
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/132794-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I just installed more memory on my dell inspiron b130 and now flashplayer and java don't work (I can't watch videos online). I uninstalled flashplayer and tried to download it from the site but it won't download. I also don't stay signed in to sites (like yahoo) that I used to stay signed into...
Please help!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-memory-problems-271879.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I bought a, what was supposed to be, a DDR2 memory stick, but when I got it, it didn't fit. When I compared them, this is what I found. Hopefully you can see this pic.. the one on the bottom is DDR, the one on the top is DDR2, and the one in the middle is the new one that was supposed to be DDR2 but isn't...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.1047329/
Relevancy 36.12%

In the previous thread by me i mentioned that I had new hard drive which was suppose to be 200Gb but once Windows XP was loaded on to and used it as the primary boot drive the Hard drive130gig were left. What is the reason for this happening.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this problem in advance.

Relevancy 36.12%

I've been having some memory problems lately and I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me I'll get an error message saying that Memory problems I don't have enough free memory and to close certain programs usually Chrome and Windows Live Messenger though sometimes other programs as well such as Windows Sidebar The funny thing is my computer isn't running slowly or anything I have gigs of RAM If I don't close those programs things do start Memory problems to slow down or come to a screeching halt and the colour scheme switches to basic and I have to restart or at least log out and log back into Windows to fix it I've checked the task manager when this happens and nothing really seems to be using an excessive amount of memory I've run spyware adware scans as well as a nightly virus scan and none of it has found anything I've noticed that it's more likely to happen if I'm running Winamp or if I've watched a few YouTube videos It's really getting on my nerves since it seems to happen every night Does anyone have any idea what I should do

Hi -

What is your virtual memory set at?

Download the zip file, extract the batch file to desktop. Go to desktop, right-click on the batch file icon, select RUn as Administrator.

A Notepad will open; paste the results in to your next post.

WMI recoveros/ pagefile - http://www.techsupportforum.com/atta..._jcgriff2_.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-problems-368500.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey guys. I am having a problem with my memory; I have a pretty old computer (from 2005) and am playing games on it. I had taken out one of the memory cards to look at the brand (because I want to put more memory in), but when I put the memory card back in, I cannot operate the same programs as I could before I took it out. Also, it shows my system cache being much higher than what is available, and I thought that might be the problem. Any suggestions?

Edit: some information about my computer. HP pavillion a1430n, AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 3800+, 2.00 ghz, 960MB of RAM

Try reseating it.
Can't operate what programs in what way? Won't even start up?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-problems-481882.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I believe I have a virus. I getting a lot of memory errors and my computer is running slow. I have two hard drives one for storage and the other for the OS. I purchased a new hard drive because I thought the other one was going out. I installed a new hard drive and left the storage drive in the new drive crashed. My computer is running slow I have a 1gb of ram and a 3.06 Xeon processor. I don't know whats the problem I scan for virus and nothing was found. Need help

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running. Ad-Aware? SE Personal Edition
*Note* For Ad-AwareSE also install the VX2 Addon Cleaner To run this tool once Adaware is updated click on Add-ons in the lefthand column. Select VX2 Cleaner V2.0 and click Run Tool. Click "OK" , then, if something is found, click "Clean" as in the directions given. Click "Close", and exit Ad-Aware.
Spybot Search & Destroy
CWShredder

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

Please go to at least two of these sites and run an online Virus Scan.
Be sure to have the AutoFix box(s) checked if the site has that option.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx
http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php
http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx

Once you complete those steps..download hijackthis, do a scan, save the log and post it in this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/memory-problems-78628.html
Relevancy 36.12%

after a while of using my computer i will get error messages saying that programs/ie cannot be opened because there is insufficient memory. the computer is fine before this and handles many different things at the same time. i have to restart my computer every time this happens. i am currently running XP. if you can help, please do.

Relevancy 36.12%

I have recently upgraded my memory with sticks of Crucial Ballistix gb DDR Mhz - - - On the spec it recommends they run at v so I pulled out my old memory and installed the gig of crucial went into the bios and changed the settings Memory Problems from auto to DDR and v My computer has been running fine for the past days then suddenly an error box popped up that said something about memory error and then it crashed to the blue screen of death with some memory error codes The computer then would not boot it would bring up the windows loading logo the crash to bsod every time I tried re setting the memory settings to auto tried reduing the voltage but could not get the computer to boot Removed sticks of memory and the computer almost booted got to the desktop but then memory error popped up and computer crashed to bsod would not boot put the old gb sticks of DDR back in and pc works fine Has the memory died are the settings Memory Problems wrong I m confused why I suddenly had a problem after days of working fine I used to have sticks of ddr running but of them failed Could I have a problem with the motherboard damaging the modules Any help is really appreciated thanks System Spec C D E gb DDR Asus P -B Nvidia gt mb x Maxtor SataII gb Sound Blaster Xf-i fatality Xtreme gamer Corsair HX W PSU nbsp

Send the memory back......it is failing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.839712/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys having gb of mhz DDR apparantly not enough if disabling the pagefile So i gb memory ram problems with 4 bought more sticks some weeks ago installed it and every - min i had a quot hang-up quot and needed to force down and then restart memory problems with 4 gb ram Needed to remove the memory and then i saw it It clearly says on the sticks 'OCZ G GK' the first G is for Gold should have been 'OCZ P GK' the P stands for Platinum The only difference here is the latency speed So i returned the memory and yesterday i got the right one Surprise surprise 'hang-ups' are back So the question does anyone know if there is a problem with the memory when handling sticks or could it be the Asus memory problems with 4 gb ram board P K WS MB S Fsb Q P DDRIII xPe I opened the case the first time i had problems put a fan before it this did memory problems with 4 gb ram not make a difference Didn't try this now thanks Fran ois PS t the weeks because it took a while to get the stuff

A:memory problems with 4 gb ram

I just put in 4Gb a few weeks ago and no hang-ups yet.... are you doing anything in particular when this happens or just booting up?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/131387-memory-problems-4-gb-ram.html
Relevancy 36.12%

This pc is my second pc for friends and such to play games with me.
I'm trying to put a second memory stick 128 mb, which wokrs pulled from my Amd Pc. Talked to dell they said it should work but every time I put it in it does 1 long beep 2 short. Which usally means Memory detected but Memory read error. I tried installing without the other memory as well. Any suggestions
It is a:
Dell Dimension 2300
P4 1.9 Gig
256 mb ram
64 mb Video card PCI(No AGP Slot)
Windows xp Pro

Relevancy 36.12%

Well my computer is low on memory and no amount of disk-clearing file deleting or spyware removal seems to be able to fix it My Hard memory Having some problems... disk is abnormally small gb so even if I fix it I'll have very little memory Recently as a test I downloaded something to my D drive seeing if it would work It did however when I tried to install the download the PC automatically tried to use the C drive which didn't have space So Is there any way to make my D drive do what my C drive would as standard And if I buy a new hard-drive will it back up my C drive A friend suggested that my Drive might be partitioned causing the abnormal smallness if it is how do I fix this And finally If I am forced to buy a new drive as I might well be can I transfer what's on my current C drive to my new one I probably wouldn't anyway Last thing again Can anyone reccomend a good way to eradicate Trojan Horse viruses Sincere Thanks Likinta EDIT I can't seem to delete it But I am placing a copy in the hardware forum

A:Having some memory problems...

greetings

yes you would use xxclone -- http://www.xxclone.com/

a very user friendly program

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-some-memory-problems-90026.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi - been slowly buying and assembling a new PC for myself Problems Memory but have had nothing but problems but I m not sure why - some details Gigabyte GA- AENXP-D motherboard with Pentium Ghz and two Geil Mb DDR - sticks of RAM Now I had trouble installing XP and it seemed that one of the RAM sticks was faulty - it reported as such with a memory testing program - so I used the other which tested ok by itself and Windows installed Memory Problems and seemed to run without problem Then next day I booted up and got a blue screen - I then retested that stick of mem too and it reported Memory Problems that there were errors and it stopped checking at the same memory address everytime I set BIOS to Fail-Safe settings - test mem and still got errors - then I set BIOS to Performance settings and it past almost every test - then failed somewhere else In short have I bought the wrong type of memory They are Geil DDR - - - - unbuffered or can anyone suggest something Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

ok i bought HL2 couple of days ago and it installed fine.

System Specs :
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.20GHz, 1G RAM. GFX : ATI Radeon 9600 256mb.

the problem is :
I start up CS:S no problems find any server and starting playing wit no problems.
then after about 2-3mins it all freezes ??? and an error pops up heres a Screen of it :

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/50cent113/WTF.jpg

i have no idea on what to do could some one help me ASAP please truley greatful.

-- thnx --

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys... I recently bought another 2GB of ram and I had installed Vista 64 in anticipation. Everything works great - until I put in the new 2G. All chips are 2GB Patriot PC8500 (1066Mhz) DDR2. The first several times I tried to boot, I got a BSOD. I got into safe mode and applied patch 929777. Then I could boot. Though it seems sometimes Vista would show 2.5G and sometimes it would show 4GB. I think I've got the boot issues down... but now things are unstable. WoW hangs somewhat frequently now (though it never did before).

My system: Q6600 on EVGA i680 w/ latest BIOS. 4x1GB Patriot PC-8500, 2x XFX 8600GT in SLI. Vista Home Prem x64.
Anyone have similar issues or have any ideas what I can do?

A:4GB Memory Problems w/ x64

Sounds like dodgy ram to me, have you tried running the memory diagnostic tool?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/123319-4gb-memory-problems-w-x64.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My laptop broke a while ago and after speaking to a help line they told me to restore my laptop to factory settings. I did this which meant I lost everything on my computer. When I started to put music back on my laptop it said I didnt have enough memory which is mad because i dont have anything on my laptop. it also says that my recovery disc is full so i dont know if this is linked to my memory? can anyone help me? thanks

Hit alt cntrl delete and bring up task manager
then click on show process from all users then
Click the process tab
Then click on memory to bring the big memory users to the top

Upload a screen shot to us.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296587-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a core2 quad pc with 2 GB of memory but in the sistem info says that it is only 1 GB . How can I fix this problem or what problem could it be ?

A:am memory problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by zagor76

I have a core2 quad pc with 2 GB of memory but in the sistem info says that it is only 1 GB . How can I fix this problem or what problem could it be ?

Have you done anything to try to fix the problem?

I can think of a ram stick that's NOT locked down properly in its slot, or,
a ram stick that's NOT in the right slot.
If you have multiple slots and this is DDR2 ram, then it must be plugged into the correct slots or it may not even be seen.
Did you add this ram yourself?
First off, make sure you're installing it in the proper slots and then take it out and re-install it, making sure that it's locked down tight.

Good Luck,
The Shadow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/am-memory-problems-262547.html
Relevancy 36.12%

hi!

i recently built a new gaming rig, and i am quite happy about it.

BUT!

i really expected it to be super-fast, and sometime's it's not... many time when i install a big game, the whole system is devoted for the installation and it's practically impossible to do anything else. moreover, the memory usage stays at about 90-95% for 110 minutes after the installation is finished.

maybe i didn't install something correctly?

here are my specs:

AMD phenom II 920 x4 2.8Ghz
Kingston Hyperx DDR2 memory 2x2GB 1066Mhz CL5 kit
Asus M4A78-E motherboard
western digital 7200RPM 32MB cache 640Gb HDD
Thanks

Relevancy 36.12%

When playing certain games they quickly shut off It seems like it only does it with newer games Sometimes I get a screen of I'm memory I having problems? think death which is bad with winXP It says Stop x E xC xBFAE D x something x nv disp dll- Address BFAE D base at BF B Datastamp dd d Beginning dumping of physical memory to disk to here it starts at then goes up to before restarting When it restarts the error box pops up the error I think I'm having memory problems? reads-- C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp and COCUME Josh LOCALS Temp WER tmp dir susdata xml I ve uninstalled the game reinstalled it reinstalled windows tried different mixxes of drivers different directxs upped the vurtual memory done a quot clean boot quot turned off memory shading in the BIOS same thing everytime I have a AMD XP SDRam GeForce ti Soundbalster Windows XP Pro I have no clue what to do Any help would be great Thank you Josh nbsp

A:I think I'm having memory problems?

Look Here

there are hundreds of simialr problrems and solutions, seems to be a Nvidia driver error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-im-having-memory-problems.123964/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a an Athlon XP based PC running Windows ME with
256M of DDR PC2100 memory. I wanted to upgrade my memory to 512M, so I purchased another 256M memory module.
When the new memory is installed, the PC shows the new
memory size on bootup but fails to load Windows.
It just shows error messages and keeps on rebooting.
I have read about a similar problem before that was due
to a power supply problem. My PC supplier says that my PC
has an AMD approved power supply. Any help would be appricated.

Try running it with just the new stick of memory, and see what happens. If it doesn't work, then it looks like you may have to return it. If it does work, then there may be some sort of conflict between the 2 different memory types, or maybe that memory slot is bad/damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.181426/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a Dell Dimension 4500 computer that only has 128 mb of RAM installed and I wanted to upgrade it to at least 512. So, I went to the Kingston.com website and put in the computer info and it told me that I needed to purchase DDR PC2100 memory. I went to a local dealer and got the memory, and when I installed it, the computer worked fine for a minute and then it started freezing up. I went back and switched the memory around every way I could think of and finally, I just took the old memory out and kept the memory I had just purchased in. Nothing!!!! When I restarted the computer, the icons on the desktop wouldn't even come back up! Does anyone have any clues as to what I am doing wrong?????

I suspect you have not got the original memory back in place properly - take it out and refit it - carefully!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problems.97115/
Relevancy 36.12%

Ok, I have been "dealing" with this for a few months and it's just driving me up a wall now. My problem is that I can not run pc3200 ddr memory on my Abit NF8-V mobo at full speed. If I slow it down one speed rating, then it works just fine but if I put it up to pc 3200 I get random BSOD's and freezes. The memory I'm using are 2x512 PNY optima gold memory. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Memory problems on NF8-V...

Nothing? No one has any ideas at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problems-on-nf8-v.28533/
Relevancy 36.12%

Everytime i start the comp there is a message that says low on registry memory. it told me to increase it. also i open up task manager and my CPU usage hovers around 40-60 percent...is this effecting how i use my comp? i appreciate the help

Dell Dimension 8100 1.4 GHZ
634 MB RAM
Windows 2000

By default, Windows uses 25% of the paged memory pool (virtual memory) as the maximum size for the registry. You can increase the size of the paging file, or change the default usage of the registry. Here's the MS-KB article that describes the process: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;124594&Product=win2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.203850/
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm having severe problems with memory on my computer windows xp sp After a short amount of usage maybe - mins it will start saying out Memory Problems of memory when you try and open new programs Open programs will start failing and writing will start to partially disappear I thought it might be the RAM so have run memtest x on it - it passed after going through every type of test I tried testing the hard disk sectors which again passed I have since turned off virtual memory to see if that's part of the problem but Memory Problems it's still doing the same windows task manager says I have GB and am using around MB when it starts to fail - if I bring back around MB usage then it will start to work properly again When the computer does start to fail and I cannot open task manager the error memory address always seems to end in D - not sure if that's relevant I've really run out of ideas for solving this If anyone could help I'd be grateful

Have you tried looking at the memory cache settings under Computer>Properties? Make sure your hard drive has a set momory cache.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-problems-530546.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm having a problem with my ASUS A N X Deluxe board and my ram Whenever I boot with x DDR PNY ram Dual-Channel my computer starts for about - seconds doesn't display anything on the screen and shuts off automatically This also happens if I use problems Memory them both in Single-Channel mode but ONLY on the nd boot and beyond not on the first one I have the newest bios stock motherboard drivers The ones that come on the Asus CD and my memory timings are Precharge - RAS-to-CAS - RAS Precharge - T CAS Latency My memory timings are set as quot optimal quot and my memory frequency MHz is set as quot Auto quot Any help System Specs AMD Athlon XP Ghz Thoroughbred-B Asus A N X Deluxe Motherboard Chaintech Geforce Ti MB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus GB RPM ATA HD Western Digital GB RPM ATA HD x PC PNY Technologies ram W Enlight Corp Power Supply Also I tested if Memory problems it was because I didn't have enough power by unhooking my cd-rom drives and GB hard-drive before booting and it didn't make any difference

If you have any other PCI slots, try swapping them around.
If that doesn't work, try manually settings the memory timings for say: 6-3-3-2..
If all else fails replace the ram.

Btw your system looks very similiar to mine. :O

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-problems-6247.html
Relevancy 36.12%

OK my system has been really lagging lately so I used Norton Diagnostics to run a memory check and the result was a failed test at the same address I have slots on my motherboard each with MB PC DDR Here s the strange part When I run the test with both sticks together I get the failed test but when I test each one seperately they pass My system seems to run OK with just MB but I would really like to use both memory sticks I wanted to ask the forum before taking the memory Help?!? Memory Problems, Please to a technician Any help would be greatly appreciated system specs OS Windows Hard Drive------------ Western Digital GB rpm Internal EIDE DVD-ROM------------ Creative PC-DVD x Ovation x read CD-RW---------------- Hewlett Packard cd-writer cd ri x x x Modem---------------- Creative Modem Blaster Flash PCI Motherboard-------- Epox EP- K A DDR-SDRAM slots PCI AGP MHz front Memory Problems, Please Help?!? side bus support Memory--------------- MB PC DDR-SDRAM Processor------------- AMD Athlon GHz Video Card----------- ATI Rage Fury MB AGP Sound Card---------- Aureal Vortex Diamond Monster MX nbsp

A:Memory Problems, Please Help?!?

Since Norton has some problems with RAM testing i suggest getting a different program . For instance Sisoft Sandra from www.sisoftware.co.uk/sandra , and use there testing instead

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems-please-help.78816/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have recently upgraded my memory with sticks of Crucial Ballistix gb DDR Mhz - - - On the spec it recommends they run at v so I pulled out my old memory and Problems Memory installed the Memory Problems gig of crucial went into the bios and changed the settings from auto to Memory Problems DDR and v My computer has been running fine for the past days then suddenly an error box popped up that said something about memory error and then it crashed to the blue screen of death with some memory error codes The computer then would not boot it would bring up the windows loading logo the crash to bsod every time I tried re setting the memory settings to auto tried reduing the voltage but could not get the computer to boot Removed sticks of memory and the computer almost booted got to the desktop but then memory error popped up and computer crashed to bsod would not boot put the old gb sticks of DDR back in and pc works fine Has the memory died are the settings wrong I m confused why I suddenly had a problem after days of working fine I used to have sticks of ddr running but of them failed Could I have a problem with the motherboard damaging the modules Any help is really appreciated thanks nbsp

Reset your system to Auto, and start over.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problems.130317/
Relevancy 36.12%

im not really sure but i think i may have gotten a stick of memory with a few problems. i occasionally get that fabulous blue screen of death that windows xp is not supposed to have and i have decided to test my RAM. i have no idea how to do this so i would appreaciate some help...

A:possible memory problems

Download and run www.memtest.org

Let is pass for 6 or 7 times. This will take a few hours, so sit back and relax as it does it's magic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-memory-problems.38691/
Relevancy 36.12%

I dont know this is happen but my memory went down fast. Im use a Compaq PC. One day i have 80 soming % of free space then it said i had less then 20% free space. How did this happen? can you fix this or not?

think you if you reply.

Relevancy 36.12%

Bit of a long story so I will try to summarise PC came with m ram DDR PC I bought and exta gig and added into next slot to make gig All running well for many years Then upgraded to a X AMD processor I think I had reboot with that processor anyway a month later I got another gig of DDR PC I had memory Problems with DDR problems adding that beeps etc However eventually I got running with the two gig stick in the first two of slots However I was getting reboots Problems with DDR memory about every hours on average variable So I went to just the new gig stick i slot That gave a reboot after hours So I tried just the old gig stick in slot one - results -beeps I Problems with DDR memory shifted it to slot on a Problems with DDR memory hunch and it booted up correctly It has not rebbooted on that yet but I have only been running a couple of hours so not long enough to be conclusive Something I have noticed is that the first gig stick I got appears to be high density looking with the Everst utility below the module name M K- C suggests it is arranged as high density However having said that it had been running fine along side what is a m low density module as a rather badly matched pair This is the Everest info for the old suspected high density stick Memory Module Properties Module Name M K- C Serial Number C h Module Size MB ranks banks Module Type Unbuffered Memory Type DDR SDRAM Memory Speed PC MHz Module Width bit Module Voltage SSTL Error Detection Method None Refresh Rate Reduced us Self-Refresh Memory Timings MHz - - - CL-RCD-RP-RAS MHz - - - CL-RCD-RP-RAS MHz - - - CL-RCD-RP-RAS Memory Module Features Early RAS Precharge Not Supported Auto-Precharge Not Supported Precharge All Not Supported Write Read Burst Not Supported Buffered Address Control Inputs Not Supported Registered Address Control Inputs Not Supported On-Card PLL Clock Not Supported Buffered DQMB Inputs Not Supported Registered DQMB Inputs Not Supported Differential Clock Input Supported Redundant Row Address Not Supported Anyway it is all rather confusing Some questions which occur are Why does the above stick beep in slot one yet run fine so far in slot I though I put it in slot one OK however it is possible slot is dirty I posted a long rambling thread about it here http www techspot com vb topic html Not getting any replies now not surprising is it is so long and complicated and involved so I though I would try again here and try to summarise it a bit more concisely I guess I will have to keep investigating and adding info until I can narrow the problem down more even I am getting confused I have lots of memoryy from different manufacturers - lol I don t think it should matter who makes it however it seems a complex issue nbsp

A:Problems with DDR memory

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ddr-memory.150014/
Relevancy 36.12%

My computer has bogged down to a slow crawl. When I look at my windown task manager, I have tons and tons of processes running in the background. Don't know what they are, which ones I can shut down safely, etc. I'ver rebooted and they are all still running. Where do I start?

A:Help - memory problems

Scan your pc with one of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall. Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download / Install / Update / and Run:
Adaware SE check for any updates before running it.
Get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. You can download it at this SITE
To run this tool, install to the hard drive, then open Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection.

Download and install Spybot S&D . Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the Fix Selected Problems button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If our still having problems Download and install: HiJackThis.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.

A Moderator/ Security Team Expert will give you instructions.

***DO NOT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING, MAJOR DAMAGE CAN BE DONE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF THIS TOOL IS USED INCORRECTLY, PLEASE WAIT FOR AN ANALYST/MODERATOR TO GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS***

Always describe your problem and any programs you have used to try to resolve your issue. Your description can go a long way to solving/repairing your particular issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-memory-problems-50740.html
Relevancy 36.12%

EHHHH i had to reinstall Windows XP and in the process deleted everything i had before... so i thought, when i went to see how much space i had on my hard drive it still had the same amount of space used up... i dont get it, i lost all of my file, all of my downloads, my music and cant find them, though it my hard drive is still almost full. Any suggestions? Help will be gladly appriecitated

A:Problems with Memory

It would help if you could detail the process you went through.

But for starters, go to Control Panel > Folder Options. Under the View tab, look for the option to make hidden files and folders visible. Then look around to see if your files are still there somewhere.

If you can't locate the files, try using a program that shows disk usage to see where the space has been used.

Disk Pie or TreeSize

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-memory.562251/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, guys. Here I am again!
Went to PCPitstop and ran the tests 3 times with nothing else running. Every time, it showed my memory running at 290 mb/s. Shows that it should be running at 600 mb/s. Tried all the tweaks they suggest, but no change.
Also, downloaded a trial program called MemTurbo. Nice prog. Ran it and it showed about 220mb free. Was able to restore it back to about 285 free, but see fast drop. ( I have 320MB installed) Near the bottom of the prog, it shows a memory load index (?) at 19%. I see posts from people running 64MB, so how am I losing 65MB so quick.
In ctrl+alt+del. I show Explorer, Internet explorer, AV, systray, and thats it. Msconfig startup is trimmed to bare minimum. Scandisk and defrag weekly. Use Windows Washer daily. Run AV and trojan checker every 3 days. Run Ad-Ware every other day. Am I missing something??

Once again, thanks for being here!!

A:Memory problems.

I'm going to move this to the hardware forum since this doesn't appear to be an OS issue.

You might want to check out Whitphil's comment on Memturbo in the other memory question in this forum.

I have one question for you; and one for the hardware gurus.

For you: is the memory configuration on your computer the original one that came with it or have some changes or upgrades been made?

For those knowing more than I: if someone installs pc133 ram on a motherboard that only supports 66mhz, would that produce the results obtained?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.78802/
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm on a Dell Dimension running XP with gig of ram As with IE Odd problems Memory of the last couple of days IE has been fouling up Any time I click a link leading Odd Memory problems with IE to the opening of a new window the initial page freezes When I close the new window the imprint of this page is still overlapping the original When I check my processes IE has shot up to computer usage Also I was running ITunes and then opened up Wordperfect a pair of programs that have never caused any memory problems whatsoever running simultaneously Now however one or the other closes because of an unexpected error Here's my log and thanks in advance for the help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System gearsec exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXE C Program Files Norton Odd Memory problems with IE SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Jobu My Documents HJT hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news bbc co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http proxy ucla edu cgi proxy R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride http localhost O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO West Group CiteLink Microsoft IE Shell - FFE- DD- D -AE F- F A - C Program Files West Group CiteLink clie clie dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO CATLEvents Object - BF B -EA - F - A -D F A FF - C DOCUME Jobu LOCALS Temp pilitu dat O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe q... Read more

A:Odd Memory problems with IE

Hello dhrun and welcome to the TSF forums. You are currently running an outdated version of HijackThis. Please click on the link below and download the most current version:HijackThis_sfx.exe
Delete your current HijackThis.exe file and double-click on the file you just downloaded and then click on the Unzip button to install the newer version. It will be installed to the C:\Program Files\HijackThis\ directory by default.

Start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Post your new log file back here as a relpy to this topic and I will review it when it comes in.

OT

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/odd-memory-problems-with-ie-56870.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Here are my motherboard and CPU information Intel SE BX- motherboard BIOS Please Help Problems Memory S Memory Problems Please Help EB X A- P and AA on board - Intel Pentium III - MHz kb cache MHz bus From what I understand and according to Intel s lt A HREF quot http support intel com support Memory Problems Please Help motherboards desktop se bx quot gt SE BX- support documents lt A gt especially the update specs This board should be capable of MB of PC SDRAMs a MB SDRAM in each slot The problem is when I install the MB PC SDRAMs that I bought the PC freezes on bootup and does not show the usual diagnostic information on the screen I tried it in all the slots I tried each of the sticks in each of the slots I purchased of them The intel documentation says the bios should automatically detect it so there shouldn t be any bios settings I even tried putting the jumper into setup mode but that didn t help any Is there anything that I am missing Do I have to buy a new motherboard now I really don t want to have to do that THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi All,

I have an Athlon 1700 cpu with 2x 256mb DDR PC2100 memory sticks, I bought another 512mb DDR PC2100 memory stick over the weekend and it doesnt like to work in conjunction with the original 2 memory sticks.

Individually, the new 512mb chip works fine, as do the original 2 256mb sticks.. I have no idea why they dont work together, can someone please help!

Rgds

Some inexpensive brands of ram are not compatiable with other brands.

Also, try different configurations... try putting the 512 stick in the first slot... try it with just 1 256 stick, etc. etc.

Then bring it back and get the same brand you currently have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.143400/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all,
I've built my set-up as per my spec in my profile.
Intel core i7, Gigabyte motherboard.
I'm having memory problems.
I bought 8 gig of DDR3 PC1333 but the computer gives various beeps and won't start at all with any combination other than one, 2 gig module in.
It only runs with 2 gig of RAM .
Thinking it must be cheap DDR3 ( it was, ?80 the lot ) I bought a Corsair XMS3 6 gig matched kit " recommended for Intel Core i7 Processors "
The computer fans start up for a bit then switch off and then back on ad infinitum, not even a beep.
It does the same with any configuration of the 3 modules, or any one on its own.
So I'm back to one of the original cheap 2 gig DDR3 modules.
What am I doing wrong ?
HELP !
Cheers
Eric Thacker

A:Memory problems......

Quote: Originally Posted by ecca

Hi all,
I've built my set-up as per my spec in my profile.
Intel core i7, Gigabyte motherboard.
I'm having memory problems.
I bought 8 gig of DDR3 PC1333 but the computer gives various beeps and won't start at all with any combination other than one, 2 gig module in.
It only runs with 2 gig of RAM .
Thinking it must be cheap DDR3 ( it was, ?80 the lot ) I bought a Corsair XMS3 6 gig matched kit " recommended for Intel Core i7 Processors "
The computer fans start up for a bit then switch off and then back on ad infinitum, not even a beep.
It does the same with any configuration of the 3 modules, or any one on its own.
So I'm back to one of the original cheap 2 gig DDR3 modules.
What am I doing wrong ?
HELP !
Cheers
Eric Thacker

ecca

Is there an OS on it? also leave only 2 gigs in and see if you can get into BIOS. look for a max memory and if you have it make sure its unchecked. try it again

Let us know

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/30614-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Motherboard MSI PE Neo CPU Intel Pentium Ghz Temp - c Vcore RAM Geil DDR Problems Memory pc dual channel Ghz x voltage Sys temp c AGP Saphire Radeon xt Op sys Windows XP pro sp Can someone help please amp Started to experience programme crashes especially when doing intensive tasks such as Memory Problems video encoding and trying to write video files to disk Windows suggested it is a problem with RAM Ran Memory Problems the Windows Memory Diagnostic with a failure result then ran tests again on each stick of RAM separately with a failure on each Also checked RAM with SystemSuite OnTrack tool and this confirmed failures with all sticks installed but no failures with just one stick installed However just installing one stick of RAM seems to cure the problem in that I can encode video and write it to disk albeit slowly Windows diagnostic still reports a test failure on each stick but the OnTrack tool says all is OK when Memory Problems running just the one stick As soon as I install an additional stick it crashes on encoding once again Help amp please http images techguy org smilies confused gif nbsp

If the diagnostic reports errors it means the memory is defective.
GeIL offers a lifetime warranty, contact them for replacement.
GeIL warranty policies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.602237/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey guys So I have had this pc for moths which I bought from Overclockers one of their already overclocked bundles Recently it has had some issues such as restarting itself after bootup however today it has Memory problems? reached a new level I was playing world of warcraft as I have done for the past years and all the graphics went quot jumpy quot at first I thought it was a GPU bug or out of date drivers Memory problems? however I have since found out after multiple applications and browsers crashing along with some games it is a memory bug Also sometimes when I boot up it says the CPU hasn t overclocked properly It will work fine for a bit and then crash suddenly and without warning Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Memory problems? Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb I m also using a Western Digital Blue GB Any help you guys Memory problems? can give me would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi All, I installed RC1 on my LG Notebook LW70 M 2Ghz Processor 2G Memory.

Problem is that I have the Low Memory warning message popping on me every time I run more than 3 or 4 apps.
Every time I start windows the "Performance Options" dialog appear by itself but it wont commit any changes I make on it anyway. Currently it's set to "No Paging File"

I should note that me and my wife are using different user accounts on the system (as we did with no problems on the same machine with XP) but the above behavior occurs whether we both are logged in or just me.

Thanks for any advice,
Oren

A:Memory problems with RC1

Hello Oren, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The paging file will need to be turned back on, and set to be system managed to avoid this. Some apps will require the page file to run properly no matter how much RAM you have installed.

Virtual Memory Paging File - Change - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/27493-memory-problems-rc1.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I just built a Core 2 Duo (1.86) PC. When I am running a heavy app such as game with 3d graphics, or rendering video, my computer will suddenly reboot. the power doesn't cut, the screen just goes black and reboots. Also, when i don't use it for a period of time, the same thing happens. something i though i would leave download overnight is gone in the AM because the PC apparently robooted itself at some point. I get a RAM error message. I don't think the RAM is incompatible. One, 512mb DDR2 533 in a 965P-A ecs motherboard. Could it be that i should pick up another (or few more) sticks of RAM? Thanks for any replies.

A:Memory Problems?

For DDR2, you should have dual channel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problems.60930/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I am having problems with memory on my laptop it has a 58GB memory and it is saying that it has all been used up but i only had 2 GB of music and 500MB of pictures which i have now moved onto a flash drive but it is still saying that i only have 6GB free.. I used the program Wiztree to see what files are taking the space up and it seems like its windows files in particular winsxs folder i know you cant delete or moth anything from this as it keeps windows working but this is ridiculous as its using up all of my memory. Can anyone suggest anything i can do to fix this and get more space? Thanks so much to anyone that reply's it's very much appreciated.

Attached screen cap of wiztree results

Hi and welcome,
You are muddling disk space and memory (ram) but never mind.
Could you please post the make and model of that laptop? Also, you've posted the disk usage for 'C' drive - are there any other drives on there? Often there's a another drive where docs, pics etc are stored.

Thanks.
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.1106827/
Relevancy 36.12%

My USB memory key crashed on my the other day and lost all it's data. Now its gone from being a 128mb to a 64 mb! Any ideas for how to fix it?

Relevancy 36.12%

Everytime i start the comp there is a message that says low on registry memory. it told me to increase it. also i open up task manager and my CPU usage hovers around 40-60 percent...is this effecting how i use my comp? i appreciate the help

Dell Dimension 8100 1.4 GHZ
634 MB RAM
Windows 2000

Below are a couple of links,,,I hope it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q152/7/21.asp&NoWebContent=1

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;176083

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.203862/
Relevancy 36.12%

I Memory Problems started out with G two G memory on my HP Media Center then added two more G mods Sys ran great on G for over a year Then I started getting BSOD and thought I had a bad memory mod one of the new ones in the th slot so I got Memory Problems it replaced It turned out the slot was compromised I rearranged the mods so that I was running on G and that worked for a while but I kept getting problems Now I can only run on one mod they all test out ok at a time for Memory Problems a maximum of G and only in the first slot which is inadequate I get various responses when I try to expand memory including intermittent beep tone at boot time and BSOD stop x e xc x bfcb x bfcb xf a xf a c When I try to open the dump file my system hangs I tried to attach it and send to a working machine via Outlook but then Outlook hangs My fans and temps are ok nbsp

You might want to have a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

Hopefully, there is something pertaining to your problem here (it is pretty safe to assume that you have enough hard drive space, and a compatible BIOS).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-problems.890258/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi newbie here Extreme Problems with KV2 memory and ECS Wonder if someone could offer some advice on problems I am experiencing with my ECS KV Extreme Motherboard I ve been running my PC with x mb of DDR memory sticks in for Problems with memory and ECS KV2 Extreme a while now In an attempt to free up some memory slots to put more ram in I ve just purchased x Micron DDR gb DDR Sticks dual sided Ever since I have put these in Problems with memory and ECS KV2 Extreme the PC is very unstable According to the Micron Website and CPUID the memory has timings of - - - V please bear in mind that I don t understand these timing things this is just the information I have found My bios was set to handle the memory timings by default i e auto with a CAS latency timing reported of and the others at and i e - - - I ve set it to manual and enter the above figures but it s still unstable and keeps crashing I also can t set the voltage to V as per the micron website the lowest I have is V and the highest v in v increments I ve also noticed that if I install the ram into slots amp nearest the processor which I beleive is dual channel memory mode then it seems to crash a lot more than if I put one in slot nearest the CPU and in slot which I believe is single channel mode Although more stable in this mode it does still crash and my mb ATI Radeon x agp graphics card only reports mb of memory installed where as when I m running in dual channel mode all mb are reported Why is this I ve tried the memory in another PC witted with another manufacturers board in still socket and it works perfectly for hours without a single crash so I don t think it s bad memory I know there are potentially a number of things that could cause this probelm but do you think it s memory related with the old memory installed the crashes dissappear I m still running the original Bios that was shipped with the board last year do you think a bios update would help Sorry if this all appears gobbledegook but I don t really understand these timing things on memory Oh yes nearly forgot my PC spec ECS KV Extreme M B Athlon X barton core socket Western Digital gb PATA boot drive Western Digital gb SATA storage drive Pioneer DVR- Burner ATI Radeon mb AGPx GPU I m not overclocking anything the bios is set to run standard settings and there is plenty of cooling with CPU temps never exceeding C Any help in laymans terms very much appreciated nbsp

A:Problems with memory and ECS KV2 Extreme

Try installing one of the new RAM modules at a time. One then the other. Maybe one is defective or maybe they are just not compatible with your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-memory-and-ecs-kv2-extreme.124835/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All I have installed some kingston KHX AD K CL - - - I changed the CL in the BIOS to ran memtest and hit problems I need to dig deeper So as i understand it the memory needs CL done rRCD tRP tRAS Command Rate So I dive back into my BIOS and apart from on build new memory problems CL amp tRCD I cant match any of them up I have CAS latency I set to RAS to CAS r w delay I set to this is tRCD i think ROW precharge time defaults to Minimum RAS active time defaults to T T command timing defaults to TwTr command delay defaults to Trfc for dim defaults to ns Trfc for dim defaults to ns Trfc for dim defaults to ns Trfc for dim defaults to ns Write recovery time defaults to Precharge time defaults to Row cycle time defaults to RAS to RAS memory problems on new build delay defaults to Can anyone tell me where to put tRP tRAS Command Rate Cheers Lentil nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

I recently added 256 MB of SDRAM to my computer (which had 128 to begin with) and my computer recognizes that it is there, but it does not seem to be utilizing it. For example, when I reght click on 'my computer' and chech out performance my system resourses did not seem to go down. Do IU need to change any settings to utilize the upgrade?

A:Memory upgrade problems

try this hold the windows button and push
pause
Break
and the click performance. see if the ram is listed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade-problems.44974/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello New problem for me and I m not Problems Memory Windows and sure where to start working on a solution Running Windows Vista Ultimate with GB memory Last Sunday I was patching out-of-date software and later in the day I got a bubble in my system tray that told me that certain programs would no longer load on startup No problem -- I didn t really need those programs to start Ever since then I am repeatedly getting the following warning from Windows Close Programs to prevent information loss Your computer is low on memory Save your files and close these programs these programs change every time but are usually a combo of MS Outlook iTunes and Firefox Windows will only close enough programs to restore needed memory When I check my Performance Monitor it shows my memory at - between and GB of RAM If I Memory Problems and Windows terminate those programs Memory Problems and Windows the memory use drops down to around Usually I m only running these three applications -- I do have many processes running in the background but they have never been a problem before and I cannot discover any new processes running on my computer since last week No spyware that I can tell is on my PC I have noticed a rather large SVCHOST file running but when I look at the individual services running under that file they all look okay Any ideas on where to start to diagnose and solve this problem I m just not sure how the problem started so I don t know where to begin Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Tom nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Hey, asked about this on another forum and nobody replied so I'm hoping someone here can help. I recently built a PC, just a week ago, and I've had numerous problems. Most recently the blue screen, which I first got while playing a game. Second and third time just having a few tabs open in my browser.

I have the minidump files here, from the first and second time:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2jceq3jejv0rj42/030616-4040-01.dmp
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3hp7ueck6r0xwto/030716-4399-01.dmp

I saw someone mention using memtest86, so I tried that and it froze at test #8. From that I read it's a RAM card issue, but the cards I have are new.

http://s23.postimg.org/m16fclnd7/20160307_104026.jpg

A:BSoD and Memory Problems

Some other things worth mentioning, my OS is Windows 7, the power supply is refurbished from Newegg, and the motherboard is used from Ebay (a mistake, I know). One of those numerous problems I have is my computer randomly shutting off while playing games. Most of what I read says that's a PSU-overheating problem, so I already have a new one on the way.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607371/bsod-and-memory-problems/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello,

While using my computer my memory spikes from 20% to 90%+. I only have two applications open, Google Chrome and Adobe Acrobat reader. From the looks of things nothing in my processes is responsible for the spike although svchost.exe is using 115,554. I do not know what to do and my computer will become unresponsive when this happens.

I have Windows 7 SP1 x64 with 6.0 GB of RAM on an Asus U56E.

A:Windows Memory Problems

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534540/windows-memory-problems/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi. Ive just bought a new 512Mb memory card and installed it in my PC (in the second DIM slot - next to my original 512Mb). When I start the PC there is nothing on the screen and it just beeps (on and off). If tryed the new memory on its own in the PC and it seems to work fine.. it just won't work with the original card. Is there something Im missing? I read in another thread the PSU could be causing the problem.... any help would be much appreciated...???? Many thanks Paul

A:Problems adding new memory

your two ram sticks are incompatible, you should have checked before you got a second stick. you can use the diagnostic program called "cpu-z" to check out your machine's specs and the RAM information.

try booting the pc with one stick and entering the bios. increase the memory timing values, and try booting with both sticks installed. you might have to play around awhile, but you may be able to find a working configuration.

just remember to take precautions to aviod shorting out your system - unplug the box whne working on it, and protect yourself from static electricity buildup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-adding-new-memory.33803/
Relevancy 35.69%

about months ago i built a PC for my uncle and its been great until now x Gb Extra Value RAM intel E Core Duo x Memory problems... Solved: Ghz nVidia GT with a Gigabyte Motherboard he brought it to me and what happens is - it wont get passed boot screen if i remove a Gb stick it works if I remove the other instead it also works Solved: Memory problems... it Solved: Memory problems... works if i swapp em round so Gb is in the other empty slot - so i dont think its the RAM - or PORTS its some combination of the two he has a yr old daughter Solved: Memory problems... who is on it and could have changed summit any ideas The screens kept getting to different stages but mostly sticks at testing memory testing me i cant get into BIOS or anyhting but can with stick - nothing seems out of ordinary mobo is Gigabyte GA-G M-S L iG Socket Onboard VGA channel audio mATX screenshots the other is sometimes it gets that far nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

SYSTEM Compaq Presario Ghz problems! memory Strange OS Windows XP home SP RAM There s the problem The system came with mb and I added mb Strange memory problems! more for gig of memory For about months all is well Then all of a sudden I start getting BSODs at boot up saying quot IRQ lt or equal than quot and quot PFN List corrupted quot I pulled the original ram and all was well again I figured the ram went bad About three months ago I bought mb more of ram and for three months all goes well Then last weekend all the old BSODs start popping up again Now here is the strange part I have two banks for ram it doesnt matter wich one I pull but when I pull one of the sticks out the system runs fine It doesn t matter wich bank I put what ram in as long as it s only one the system runs fine Two go in and within minutes I have BSODs What am I doing wrong Oh yeah the rams are the same type and speed Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Hey guys I am new frustrating problems. memory/ram Really to Really frustrating memory/ram problems. this community I came here seeking help with my Ram problems Here it is I Really frustrating memory/ram problems. have a laptop with gigabytes of Really frustrating memory/ram problems. ram memory Lately my ram has been climbing into the region I did some research and people suggested that background programs such as antivirus and drop box could be causing my ram problems I have uninstalled ALL Anti virus's and other background programs When I start my computer the ram is in the region but over the period of an hour it just keeps climbing into the region of This is with NO programs open After a while it gets so bad that I can't even open the task manager I have also tried running anti malware software malwarebytes it removed some stuff but my problems persisted Any help would be appreciated this is really frustrating I need to restart my pc so often just to use it PS I have found some threads on this forum regarding similar issues but none really helped me If this is posted in the wrong section I apologise I am still getting the hang of things around here

A:Really frustrating memory/ram problems.

As soon as you turn on the PC, and log into your account try to launch task manager then. Switch to the Processes tab and sort by Memory where the highest number is on top. Let us know what the culprit is if you can please.

A quick way to access task manager is by pressing ctrl+shift+esc at the same time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520097/really-frustrating-memoryram-problems/
Relevancy 35.69%

So i very recently upgraded to 64 bit, slow i know, but i got it sorted, few hours prior to such i added an addition 2gb of ram to my system and but since have started getting memory related BSODs, "Paged fault in non paged area", "Bad pool caller", basically.. new stick of ram, new version of 64 windows 7 installed, need help with memory bsods

Relevancy 35.69%

I was told by someone here to check my internet options to see the settings for how many days it was set for memory. Well it wasn't set on any amount. so I put it on 60 days. But it stills isn't keeping memory. By the next day the web sites that were gone to in the address glossary. the next day they were all erased again. next the the amount you put it at it says "clear history". You don't clear it then set the amount of days to make it start staying. I have Window XP Home Edition. What can I do to fix this problem? Mary

A:having problems with address memory

DO you have Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/having-problems-with-address-memory-59216.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Gateway gt H computer which dual boots linux and windows I recently upgraded from GB to GB of memory which my bios recognized Linux also recognized it however when I attempt to boot into windows Vista i get STOP c a Fatal System Error The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x xc memory with vista problems x c The system has been shut down I am not sure how to correct this When I boot windows I am given memory problems with vista the option to scan and correct problems I am not sure if this will consider grub as a problem and rewrite my mbr as well as correct this problem with the RAM Also I believe that it is a -bit version of windows not sure if that still is a problem with vista but the GB would be approaching the upper limit would upgrading to a -bit be possible with a g chipset and would it fix the problem Thanks for the help -- Andy nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello,
I have been having a problem with my memory usage.I thought that it was because I was downloading so much content,then I removed all my music to a disc-freeing up 2gigs of space.The next day the space was gone and i had about 50mb left even though I had not downloaded anything.
No matter how many programs I remove about an hr later i have no memory left!
I've tried scanning for viruses with AVAST and Super anti spyware and even though they removed a lot of virus' this problem persists.
I have run Combofix and have a Hijack this log but i am clueless as to what to do with this information..
Please help..

Jason

A:Big memory eating problems :(

Backdoor ThreatIMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunatly One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204192/big-memory-eating-problems/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Dell Dimension XPS t r with a mb non-ECC chip in slot I recently ordered a mb non-ECC upgrade chip from dell and installed it in slot Everything runs fine until I start up a game Some games lockup and close while others display artifacts on the screen as you play I have taken the new chip out and rebooted with my original setup and it works fine upgrade Memory problems I have also taken out the original chip and replaced it with my new one only and everything works fine All of the specs of the two chips seem to match up but for some reason when both chips are installed games dont work correctly I also run Photoshop Flash D Studio Max on this machine as well and they dont have any problems Any suggestions would be greatly appreiciated I have called Dell but thier network is down and the guy I spoke to sounded like he just Memory upgrade problems woke up so I am turning to you all for assistance Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

ok so when i install something like i least problems,at memory think so leak a game or some programs my memory usage is insane i got gb memory leak problems,at least i think so of ram i had to use x version of windows cause i play some games with gameguard my cpu is e oc'ed to ghz gts graphics card i usualy use gb of ram - while multitasking but when install a game i can't do anything else and it takes like mins it uses all my ram if im lucky i got like mb free same game that use to take me min to install on win build bit oh and even after i finally finish installing it takes a while for my ram to free up IF that even happens sometimes i have no choice but to reboot this also happened while using opera's built in torrent feature utorrent seams to work fine but i still notice that after a period of time i have to restart that program cause my system becomes laggy now i don't know what to do i need bit cause i memory leak problems,at least i think so wana play games with gameguard but this problem is kinda messed up im wondering if i'll still have it with build or should i just get it with bit i don't know any reasons why this is happening to me tried searching for this problem on the net and no luck if there's any way to fix it or advice on what should i do i very much appreciate cause i really need some help over here ill give any info you guys need

A:memory leak problems,at least i think so

Quote: Originally Posted by hectic1

ok so when i install something like a game or some programs
my memory usage is insane ,i got 2gb of ram,i had to use x64 version of windows 7 cause i play some games with gameguard
my cpu is e6750 oc'ed to 3,4ghz 8600gts graphics card
i usualy use 1gb of ram -1,3 1,5 while multitasking but when install a game i can't do anything else and it takes like 30 mins it uses all my ram if im lucky i got like 90 mb free...,same game that use to take me 5 min to install on win 7 build 7000 32bit
oh and even after i finally finish installing it takes a while for my ram to free up,IF that even happens,sometimes i have no choice but to reboot
this also happened while using opera's built in torrent feature,utorrent seams to work fine,but i still notice that after a period of time i have to restart that program cause my system becomes laggy
now i don't know what to do,i need 64bit cause i wana play games with gameguard but this problem is kinda messed up,im wondering if i'll still have it with build 7600 or should i just get it with 32 bit?
i don't know any reasons why this is happening to me,tried searching for this problem on the net and no luck
if there's any way to fix it or advice on what should i do,i very much appreciate,cause i really need some help over here
ill give any info you guys need

If you cannot upgrade your ram you really, really shouldn't be running 64 bit. Its the absolute minimum and will get eaten for breakfast if you do any gaming.

Opera's fine, Utorrent is fine, but without ram anything that runs for any period of time is going to become laggy.

If I were you I would run 64 and upgrade the ram

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/22814-memory-leak-problems-least-i-think-so.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I just purchased two used Ebay 512k memory chips for my Toshiba laptop..They were supposed to have been removed from a working laptop with a bad motherboard..I installed them on my laptop and it wouldn't boot and got this error message.."file is missing or corrupt...system32\drivers\pci.sys"
I re-installed one of my 256k and one of the new ones and it works ok and the system recognized the additional memory of the replaced 256 with the 512...the other board would not work...I think it is fried but don't know how to test it...My system stated I could try to repair the file, but my laptop did not come with an XP intall or setup disc..I would appreciate a knowledgeable opinion...

A:Used laptop memory problems

Take a look here but since your laptop did not come with a disc, I'm afraid you won't like what you'll read...http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319136

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/used-laptop-memory-problems.548373/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all I am new to this forum and this is my first post I have a Dell Inspiron Ghz Centrino Core Duo with GB RAM x GB hynix It runs Windows Vista and Windows RC on dual boot Recently i started getting BSoDs on Windows with all kinds of STOP codes MEMORY MANAGEMENT PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL REFERENCE BY POINTER KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED to name a few that come to my mind So i stopped working and problems BSOD Memory on Windows BSOD and Memory problems for the moment i could only logon to BSOD and Memory problems the OS for about secs and shifted to Vista when the same errors appeared there as well with less frequency Besides Firefox would crash sometimes and other Windows Services eg Diagnostic Policy Search Indexer to name a few would crash Event Name APPCRASH But still i could work on Vista sometimes without crashes occuring sometimes for as long as - hours I tried to do a Windows Diagnostic Memory Test but the application hangs and doesnt move past I tried Memtest and it came up with errors aftr just second of execution and would stop stating 'Unexpected Interrupt - Halted' I formatted partition containing Windows in a move to reinstall it but the installation crashes everytime with a BSoD I even tried installing Fedora on the same partition but it threw an error Illegal Compression System Halted As a last resort i removed memory at a time and ran memtest again Both were tested to BSOD and Memory problems be perfectly fine Now i put back the RAM chips and ran memtest again It does not show all those errors but it stops aftr of the first test is run overall progress with the same statement 'Unexpected Interrupt - Halted' Code Inv Op After doing the above operations i logged in to Vista It crashed with a BSoD while i was writing this post Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP E DD BCP A E BCP OS Version Service Pack Product It stated an error with an address the screen disappeared before i could note it down I am attaching the above minidump along with all the previous minidumps Any help would be hugely appreciated Thanks

A:BSOD and Memory problems

the problem seems to be your registry...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-and-memory-problems-408204.html
Relevancy 35.69%

i have a 1 gb memory stick. Until now it works to my computer, but now i can`t read from him because it not appears. the computer say : the driver works propretly but i dont see him to click it.

A:problems with a memory stick

You may need a Windows XP update, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389/EN-US/

Also checkout "General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP" at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310575

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-a-memory-stick.577889/
Relevancy 35.69%

While using publisher 2000 on a 1.2MB file, a message appears that due to low memory, publisher will now shut down and rename the file I'm using.
It then renames the file with a .TMP extension. It is still usable and can be renamed .PUB.
I'm running 2K and have checked the paging file size in the Virtual Memory(192MB). It has happened twice now.
Anyone had this problem before?

A:publisher memory problems

Tigs,

Is the file you are opening on a removable disk?
If it is you may get the following message:

Due to low memory or use of a floppy other than the one you started with, Publisher has had to rename your publication A:\FILENAME.TMP. To resume, close all programs including Publisher; then restart Publisher and open the file. You may rename the publication.

The problem results from the floppy being removed or not enough room to create a temp file.

Roger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/publisher-memory-problems.70576/
Relevancy 35.69%

i just installed a Kingston 64MB PC100 in the next slot to the one already holding a 64MB PC100...... restarted...... no monitor..... black....... took the emodule out again... rebooted....... everything back to normal.... what is going on? Did I miss something? What else do you have to do besides insert the memory into the slot and make sure it's seated and the claps are closed? The Ram is new.

Relevancy 35.69%

okey kokey here we go.
got a new comp built from scratch. m/board has 4 slots with a capacity upto 4gb memory. i have a 2gb chip which i think is overloading the board. any suggestions?

also monitor is no longer receiving a signal but all the connections check out, cards reseated etc. help?

x ta

A:monitor/memory problems

some make and models of kit
motherboard
memory
graphics card

etc would help

hs the built pc ever worked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-memory-problems.556748/
Relevancy 35.69%

Greetings I memory problems Physical have just started running into ram memory problems As I write this I am using of my physical memory and I have few things running at least I think My computer Physical memory problems specs are below Normally Physical memory problems I do not have this problem I have fewer external hard drives hooked up that what shows up in my system specs below I made a screenshot of my task manager but I was not able to upload it and attach it to this post Any input Physical memory problems is highly appreciated Smorton Computer type PC DesktopOS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack CPU Intel reg Core Quad CPU Q GHzMotherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP -UD PMemory GBGraphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GSSound Card High Definition Audio DeviceScreen Resolution x x bits colors Hz Hard Drives SAMSUNG SSD Series ATA Device WDC WD EADS- M B ATA Device WDC WD EARS- MVWB ATA Device SanDisk Cruzer USB Device SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device Seagate Backup BK USB Device Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex

Relevancy 35.69%

So I originally had an older GPU forgot the model but it was NVIDIA everything worked fine After installing it my PC starts since Problems GPU ever installing memory new and most of the time however sometimes it will just sit there with a blinking underscore I have a Samsung GB Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU SSD as well as a HDD I keep wondering if it may be because of my PowerSupply its a ThermalTake Tr w What information should I supply The overall problem when I boot my PC it sits at the Asus press f to enter bios etc however before I installed my new GPU and new Memory it was never giving me these problems I've had so many weird problems since this installation At first the computer would power on then Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU power off and then back on again before it loaded windows now that doesn't happen and now my PC just sits at the BIOS for a long time before loading into windows Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU Othertimes only happened about times now it will load up to windows and show a blinking underscore and it will do nothing but sit there with that underscore Anyone know anything about this Am I posting in the right section

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47789-problems-ever-since-installing-new-memory-gpu.html
Relevancy 35.69%

A friend told me to upgrade the memory on an Inspiron 8200 laptop. So, I bought 2 of the same(512) things and put them in like he said, but I clicked continue--Now it will not go anywhere (like control panel, solitare etc) What do I have to do now--------

A:problems after upgrading memory

Well if you replaced them while the computer was on, I'm not surprised. :p You need to turn the computer off, unplug it, take out the battery, and then put the memory in. It should be ok when you turn the laptop back on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-after-upgrading-memory-404266.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all I hope I can get help for this issue as if not I ll have to spend Memory P4GPL-X Problems some heavy money Specs OS Windows XP SP P4GPL-X Memory Problems Motherboard P GPL-X CPU Pentium IV Ghz HDD Maxtor GB and a Samsung GB GFX Nvidia Geforce P4GPL-X Memory Problems GT DDR Memory used to be MB Mhz Kingston x Dual Channel Also have an X-Fi Creative soundcard Problem Two weeks ago exactly I left home with my computer in the desktop as I usually do with MSN and some other stuff on but nothing much When I came back my PC was unresponsive and the monitor light was blinking I had to reboot When I did that the computer just wouldn t boot and P4GPL-X Memory Problems wouldn t beep either so nothing at all would appear if I turn the PC on After some googling and such I found out that it would beep and boot if I remove the memory RAM card from the B right slot of the motherboard I tried and tried the next days but it would only boot with the left memory only So what I did was I ordered a Micron GB DDR Mhz GB and it arrived today I tried it on in the left slot but this is what happens now I can access the BIOS it also says MB okay when I do and all it beeps and seems to boot but when it should go to the windows loading screen it doesn t and reboots cycling Oh and in between these three weeks I got blue screens with BAD MEMORY CALLER but I haven t seen the string code yet If I pop up the Kingston alone again it works fine I hope I said everything relevant and in a clear way Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

first of all, I'm new, and this looks like an awsome site, I hope you can help me

my problem is when I reboot about 90% of the time my cpu and memory test does not detect or happen, it detects my hd's fine, then it goes to the windows loading screen and never loads. So the only way so far to get it to detect and be able to get into windows is by going into bios just not changing anything, then saving, then rebooting, then it detects it, but then the next time I restart my comp it does it all again. I've tried flashing my bios, reseting my bios, remounting my cpu with new coolant, remounting my memory, and reformating, still with no success. This just started happening recently, help pls

my specs are:

windows xp pro

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+

1.73GHz, 768MB of RAM

GA7N400L Motherboard

GeForce 6600 gt videocard

A:cpu + memory detection problems

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried changing the cmos battery CR-2032?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-memory-detection-problems.36119/
Relevancy 35.69%

Can you use registered memory on anything? or just the boards that require it? I know you can't use unregistered on a AMD FX board..... but can you use registered on a AMD 64 754 socket board?

Also:

Does Registered = Buffered
Does Unbuffered = UnRegistered? or are they different all together? Please help me out here... I'm planing a large purchase for a friend....`

A:Registered or Not Memory Problems!

best way to get the straight info is to go to www.crucial.com use the drop down menu's, choose the correct type of motherboard and it will list all compatible memory modules.

Generally registered means buffered and vice versa, not sure if there are any exceptions to that though, too many different types of memory available now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registered-or-not-memory-problems.211327/