Windows Support Forum

Trying to overclock a dino, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+

Q: Trying to overclock a dino, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+

Hallo, i've had this computer since about late 2005, and i'm wanting to overclock it but i don't know exactly how far i can go with it, i'm not wanting to go overboard just give it abit of a boost.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.2GHz

And as far as my computer, here's all of the specs Directly from the HP Site.

h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00620031&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=1847152

i'm currently running on: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

2 Sticks of RAM: 1 Gig DDR2 400Mhz CL3
= 2 Gigs of Ram.

Basically i'm wanting to know how far i can take it(i'm only looking at taking it to maybe 2.5 tho) And what settings i have to put in, Also i have upgraded to a 500W Power Supply And my Graphics card is: GeForce 9800 GTX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-overclock-a-dino-amd-athlon-tm-64-x2-dual-core-4200.172826/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trying to overclock a dino, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 27.52%

Intel is gearing up to release their next-generation Skylake processors as early as next week, but before they've been able to release any official information, a set of benchmarks detailing the flagship Skylake CPU's performance have leaked onto the web.

Read more

A:Intel 'Skylake' Core i7-6700K performance reportedly revealed

No surprises here. Keep Calm and Carry On... Strong dollar and no sensible impovements in IPC, that's gonna be even tougher year for PC manufacturers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-skylake-core-i7-6700k-performance-reportedly-revealed.217458/
Relevancy 22.79%

During the PC Gaming Show, which ran for a mammoth two and a half hours at E3 2015 last night, AMD CEO Lisa Su briefly appeared on stage to show off another Radeon graphics card that the company only briefly...

Read more

A:This is AMD's dual-GPU Fiji graphics card

These days for a blue-chip company to bring a PCB on stage like this is a dark day indeed.

Imagine Apple showing off a circuitry for their next iPhone, and just how pathetic that would be...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-amds-dual-gpu-fiji-graphics-card.215093/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD was excited to introduce a family of true next generation GPUs at their E3 event today. The Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano are enthusiast oriented graphics cards based on the Fiji architecture that will sit...

Read more

A:AMD announces Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano GPUs; also Project Quantum, a dual-Fiji SFF PC

Custom form factor requirement makes Quantum DOA. White box manufacturers won't touch it..only the Alienwares and the like will even give it a shot and they won't move enough units to make it viable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-announces-radeon-r9-fury-x-r9-fury-and-r9-nano-gpus-also-project-quantum-a-dual-fiji-sff-pc.214880/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm new to the computer world, so could someone tell me what overclocking is, how it is useful, and how to do it? Also, what temperature should I be shooting for on my AMD FX 4350 Quad Core 4.2 4, and how do I measure said temperature?

A:What is overclock?

The purpose of overclocking is to increase the operating speed of given hardware. The trade-offs are an increase in power consumption and fan noise, the system can become unstable if the equipment is overclocked too much, and the risk of damage due to excessive over voltage or heat generation. In extreme cases, costly and complex cooling (e.g., water cooling) is required.
If you are new to computer world, don't bother about this. Overclocking is an advance topic.
Temperature and other will will take by your PC it self.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-overclock.214709/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have my house wired for separate gigabit Ethernet networks I want to create one network let s call it quot A quot that everyone can get at for backups AV files etc That network would have specific physically separate hard drives in the Win server I want to then create a second network let s call it quot B quot that is only for SOHO stuff It too would have physically separate drives in the server Can I do that Also do I 7 Create 2 NIC Networks? - Dual Can Machine Win Diff. I need anything special with the dual NIC arrangement I can use a Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks? x dual NIC or get a board with dual NIC s And of course I have different gigabit switches as well I am guessing one network would need to be X and the other X which is fine The main thing I want to do is make sure that the hard drives assigned to network A can t be read or altered by network B and vice-versa As a matter of fact I don t want A drives shares visible on the B network or vice versa What do I need to do in terms of IP range static or DHCP subnets drive assigning etc I ve never tried something like this before I don t want to do something like give drive shares different passwords because all that does is create quot forbidden fruit quot and such If Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks? the drives are never seen they are never wondered about Thanks for any thoughts nbsp

A:Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks?

Yes, it's doable. The layout (wiring) can be two variation:

Code:

(A)
modem == router----pc----NAS/hd's
|
+------- other devices

(B)
modem == router1---- pc
|
+---- router2 --- other devices

Whether wired or wifi connected, the controls are similar - - which layout to you favor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-nic-win-7-machine-can-i-create-2-diff-networks.209011/
Relevancy 27.09%

AMD is poised to make quite a comeback if a leaked slide proves accurate. The slide in question details AMD's Zen core APU and Greenland HBM memory-powered graphics and arrives courtesy of Fudzilla.

Read more

A:Is AMD's 16-core 'Zen' processor real? Leaked slide provides details on stout chip

This chip looks amazing, and is certainly enough for AMD to make a huge comeback. I really hope this is true.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-amds-16-core-zen-processor-real-leaked-slide-provides-details-on-stout-chip.211380/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I am in need of 2 monitors for normal use school and some business. is there any recommendations anybody have? in budget nothing more than 300 and also towers

Thanks for the help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors.208639/
Relevancy 33.97%

Unfortunately has been few years with no PC rig since I started working and carry notebook wherever I go. But I do remember the good old days where It was great to tweak the rig and squezze every Mhz our of every component. Unfortunately its not that much fun with a notebook

I have most of my components selected :

MSI Z97 MPOWER Max AC
IntelCore i7-4790K
Cooler Master V8 GTS
Corsair HX 1050
980 AMP!
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
SSDOCZ VERTEX 460A 480GB
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
But Im wondering if this a good selection of motherboard / PSU / Memory
What do you guys think, considering I didnt overclock for quite few years now. I want easy but rock stable motherboard overclock..

A:Back to Overclock - Opinions needed

Never been to keen on MSI mobos. Bad experience in the past I guess..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-to-overclock-opinions-needed.208346/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello guys So thanks to some awesome TS members valuable input I put together this PC knowing that I will be using the IGP for a while until I get - Cores Cores Underclock Overclock A10-6800K to CPU AMD GPU dedicated GPU s and I am actually really satisfied with the performance Essentially there isn t a game that s unplayable with the APU even AMD A10-6800K - Underclock CPU Cores to Overclock GPU Cores handling the newest titles with High graphical settings quite well Now I may not be getting incredible frame rates usually - FPS for a system without a dedicated GPU that s pretty damn good if you ask me Now my question is - I pushed the GPU cores on the CPU from default MHz to MHz and the system is working flawlessly I get no crashes while gaming If I push it to MHz games will start crashing and the system becomes slightly unstable Now is this the max I can push the GPU frequency If I underclocked the CPU cores is there a possibility I could crank up the GPU cores furhter Also I just adjusted the frequency I did not do anything with the voltage and I am not sure if I should but could it be a voltage issue Any input is highly appreciated but the MHz overclock makes a huge impact on gaming performance it would be awesome if I could push it even further until I get a dedicated GPU nbsp

A:AMD A10-6800K - Underclock CPU Cores to Overclock GPU Cores

Are you using the stock air cooler for cooling the APU or do you have an aftermarket cooler? If you are running the stock cooler, I would suggest NOT trying to push for the max stable overclock. What are your temps with your current overclock settings and running a demanding game?
I don't believe you can push the GPU higher by underclocking the CPU. Yes it will technically reduce some heat, but you will achieve best overall overclock by following directions below.
I suggest you overclock the integrated GPU before you overclock the CPU, since the GPU is the limiting factor here. If you go too high with the CPU clock, it can get really difficult to raise the GPU core clock. Start off with stock settings for the CPU and and keep bumping your GPU settings up until they are unstable. Once found unstable, take the settings down 1 notch and start overclocking the CPU settings. Repeat process as you did with the GPU. If you want to adjust the voltage after determining your max overclock with stock voltage, I would suggest doing so in small increments. Bump the voltage up a little at a time and repeat the same processes above with overclocking. Do NOT bump up the voltage above 1.5 volts (1.55v is the official max voltage supported by the APU before it gets damaged).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-underclock-cpu-cores-to-overclock-gpu-cores.208142/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey all Made an account here as it looks like you guys are the best about I ve searched google already for a solution but everyone else only seems to have a variance of about C or so and I have - C of temperature difference Does anyone have an idea as to why I built this PC years ago but recently moved it to a new case and have gamed on it multiple times since then and no issues However yesterday I was on Youtube and the system crashed It repeated that offence a few times all triggered by watching the hotter other cores 60C Core than #0 3 a video I ve since done a Prime blended test for mins and the temp results are in the screenshot attached but no errors or warnings were presented after I passed that Prime test I initially though this might ve been the Core #0 60C hotter than the other 3 cores GPU overheating but that s only new and it s fine anyway idling at C or so I currently have a Corsair C cooler and I did dissemble it and reassembled it but to no avail I d really appreciate any help Just as I m about to post this with only tabs open on Chrome and nothing else Core is at C and the other are around - C nbsp

A:Core #0 60°C hotter than the other 3 cores

Can you open up task manager and screenshot what the performance tab states after about a minute?

That will show us the CPU usage on a per-core basis and could help identify the cause.

Secondly, the corsair C50 cooler doesn't really ring a bell. Are you sure it isn't the H50?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-0-60%C2%B0c-hotter-than-the-other-3-cores.207720/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello,

Nowadays most of the PCs have a multi-core CPU with a clock speed in GHZ. My question is about that clock speed and the cores.
For example consider a CPU which has a 2 actual cores and 2 virtual cores (e.g., Intel core i3) and the computer system properties shows the 3.0 GHz as clock cycle speed.

1- Does that (say) 3.0 GHz show the clock speed of each core (from that core i3 CPU so that totally speed will be 4*3.0 GHZ = 12.0 GHZ!?) or that 3.0 GHZ is the entire speed of all cores?

2- Do the virtual cores have the identical effect as the actual cores in performance!?

And as well as I have a question about ROM .
Do ROMs anymore exist in current new PCes?

Thanks.

A:Multi core CPUs

abbasi said:

Hello,

Nowadays most of the PCs have a multi-core CPU with a clock speed in GHZ. My question is about that clock speed and the cores.
For example consider a CPU which has a 2 actual cores and 2 virtual cores (e.g., Intel core i3) and the computer system properties shows the 3.0 GHz as clock cycle speed.

1- Does that (say) 3.0 GHz show the clock speed of each core (from that core i3 CPU so that totally speed will be 4*3.0 GHZ = 12.0 GHZ!?) or that 3.0 GHZ is the entire speed of all cores?

2- Do the virtual cores have the identical effect as the actual cores in performance!?

And as well as I have a question about ROM .
Do ROMs anymore exist in current new PCes?

Thanks.Click to expand...

Well yes each "Core" including virtual's (Normally the hyperthreaded ones famous on Intel CPU's now) will show up with the same clock speed base as the real cores. Windows specifically views a processor that contains 2 cores and 4 threads (IE an i3 on desktop for instance) as a quad core processor in the processor hardware area.

Do the virtual cores have the same effects as a physical core in performance? No, the virtual cores are not as good as a real core. So for instance having the same processor spec to spec wise with 4 cores versus one with 2 cores and 4 threads the 4 cores would win out in overall performance. Hyper threaded or virtual cores do help but they are not as good as the real deal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-core-cpus.205966/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am thinking about getting a docking station. But I am a little confused on what the advantages or disadvantages or using either. Or should I just stick with using my software?

A:Dual vs Single SATA Docking Station, for Clonging

I have a copy station which takes two hard drives and have found it easy to use and reliable. The only drawback I've noticed concerns the relative sizes of the two drives. There's no problem copying from a small hard drive to a larger or equal sized SSD drive. You can then use software to rearrange and resize partitions. However, if you have a large hard drive and want to copy to a smaller SSD drive it's not possible. Mind you it is a few years since I bought my copy station so that may have changed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-vs-single-sata-docking-station-for-clonging.204876/
Relevancy 27.95%

HI Will this processor fit a
Biostar TA970 Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard.Have now find out it dosent so disregard.

A:AMD phenom 9650 quad core processor 2.30ghz

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=623#cpu

You mean the Phenom 965BE 3.4ghz quad core? If so that's an AM3 cpu and it shows support for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-9650-quad-core-processor-2-30ghz.203920/
Relevancy 27.95%

I m kind of obsessed with fps on Will cod intel on i3 3240 core ghosts? bottleneck 760, the gtx my games and on wow with vertical sync I get steady fps but sometimes it goes to and when goldshire is packed it goes to like when theres alot of people I ve ordered the Intel Core i - K GHz Ivybridge will games be much better with this upgrade I also got gb of ram azrock z extreme mobo corsair w power supply need to upgrade that too for overclocking right now im running cod ghosts well enough for it not to affect Will intel core i3 3240 bottleneck the gtx 760, on cod ghosts? my gameplay probably but I m aiming for constant fps so my pc beats ps and xbone I sold my ps graphics card is this one http www kfa com hof shtml I think it s best on the market massive card and seems like it has nice overclocking capabilities but I cant overclock because of my powersupply maybe my powersupply could be bottlenecking even without overclock I m having suspicious thoughts that my mobo is a bit disfunctional cuz when I swap ram slot and put gb stick of ram on A slot and the other one in B my pc wont start initial boot process overall im happy with my new system tbh Here is my system specs KFA GeForce GTX HOF MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card NPH DT KXZ ASRock Z Extreme Intel Z Socket DDR Motherboard Intel Core i - GHz Ivybridge Socket LGA Processor W - Retail Kingston HyperX Blu GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Dual Channel Kit KHX C D B K GX Western Digital Caviar Blue TB SATA Gb s MB Cache WD EZEX - OEM Single Platter HDD Corsair Builder Series CX w Modular Plus Bronze Power Supply CP- -UK Corsair Carbide R Compact ATX Case - Black CC- -WW Cooler Master Hyper Evo CPU Cooler Antec Formula Nano Diamond Thermal Compound NVIDIA PROMOTION WATCHDOGS Special Edition PC Game - Email Download View your codes here DHL Worldwide Express VAT Order Total Thanks guys Chris I don t pay VaT where I live but since this is like one of the only sites that ship to where im from the shipping goes up so it s nearly same price as if I were to pay vat with no shipping Just seen a review on my psu someones complaining that it pulls back gpus or something AvoidFirstly not to complain about OCuk they ve already replaced my first unit no questions asked Currently on my second CX M soon to be third - and hopefully different PSU This particular model seems to suffer horrendously with coil whine under GPU loading Incredibly disappointed with Corsair quality control The unit buzzes when the machine is turned off and really ramps up to varying frequencies and amplitudes under gaming loads Avoid at all costs If like me your stuck with a size constraint of mm thro case restrictions then really do look elsewhere nbsp

A:Will intel core i3 3240 bottleneck the gtx 760, on cod ghosts?

Guys?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-intel-core-i3-3240-bottleneck-the-gtx-760-on-cod-ghosts.203728/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm wondering whether I can overclock my ASUS R500VD notebook it has an INTEL sandy bridge core I5 3210M 2.50 GHz processor 4GB (max 8) of ram running puppy linux and windows xp home edition SP2 32 bit I have benchmarked it and ill email the results to anyone who replys and gives me their email and if you're wondering why I'm running windows xp read my article in the Alternative OS section of the forums called "If all else is too hard try puppy linux" bye

A:Can I overclock my asus notebook 17"

Nope sorry, the I5 3210M isn't OC enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-my-asus-notebook-17.202019/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all I no the title of this topic maybe hard to understand, basically im in the market to be upgrading from z77 to a newer z97 board, I have a few in mind that range from $180 all the way to $400, and when it comes down to it, it is the pci express lanes. I'm currently running dual 7970s and I noticed a lot of motherboards run 2x8x with dual video cards but some boards will run at 2x16x, so I was just seeing if anyone can tell me if theirs a big diff between running 2x8x and 2x16x with crossfired cards. thanks a bunch!

A:Dual 16x vs dual 8x pci e motherboards for graphics cards

No real difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-16x-vs-dual-8x-pci-e-motherboards-for-graphics-cards.203321/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello , I made the mistake to turn off 1 of my cores .. I am with Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B980 2x2.40Ghz .. I misslicked something in msconfig ... God I don't know what I was doing there and now when I start my Task manager it shows only 1 core .. Please can you tell me how to turn my second core again .. Not from msconfig / boot / advanced options (this is only for the start of the windows)

A:I turned off my second core and I don't know how to turn in ON ..

Msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Uncheck Number of Processors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-turned-off-my-second-core-and-i-dont-know-how-to-turn-in-on.202586/
Relevancy 22.36%

Greetings my fellow technologists I have routers and internet connection and want to set up a second wireless network using the Dual 1 Internet Creation with connection Network DDWRT same internet connection for VPN purposes The routers are Router A TPLink TL-WR N non DD WRT flashed Router B Linksys E DD WRT flashed Router A is connected directly to my company s network and works fine broadcasting DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection its own wireless network BENMAO BENMAO s Router A configuration settings are below LAN IP LAN MAC BC-D - - - - A WAN MAC SAME WAN IP WAN SUBNET WAN GATEWAY WAN DNS I have connected Router B to Router A via Ethernet cable Port on Router A to INTERNET port on DDWRT Router B but get no internet access on Router B using DHCP with Automatic settings I am willing to change any settings and experiment to produce connectivity on the second network BENMAOVPN but don t know what to change in the protocol settings and there is very little information on Internet DDWRT forums It seems there are multiple DHCP DNS and IP conflict issues which I don t really have a good grasp of here The DDWRT router Router B is highly customizable but I admit I don t know whether to set is as an Access Point Client Bridge Bridge Repeater or Ad Hoc but I know I do NOT want to quot cascade quot the routers into wireless network Also Router B probably needs to be set to function as a Router rather than a Gateway When I replace Router A with Router B its just plug and play everything works fine and I can actually put all my devices on a wireless VPN so setting up the wireless VPN is not the issue its just getting Router B to accept the signal from Router A So bottom line is I need to know how to set Routers A amp B to share the Internet signal from Router A to Router B and then have Router B broadcasting a DIFFERENT network Thanks for any help in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddwrt-dual-network-creation-with-1-internet-connection.202411/
Relevancy 28.38%

I bought a new machine, basically to work with VM Workstation, but I'm wanting to know if there is more to this machine by tweaking it or should I just leave it as it is?

A:New Intel Core i7 4820k potential

I would leave it as is, there is no reason to have that much extra performance on the chip if your doing VM workstation stuff. You can overclock it if you want so long as you have a decent cooler attached, but I do not see a reason for you to do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-intel-core-i7-4820k-potential.199789/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I have a really really crappy Graphic Card GT 610 (Ik just dont) And so does my brother. My brother is getting an upgrade and is giving my his Graphics Card GT 610 aswell
Is there a way to Make them work together so I will finally be able to play NORMALLY?
What do I need to buy to make this work if it worth it?
I have a really low budget of 100$ and I am from Israel so if it costs in USA 100$ it means that here is costs about 220$ (Ik HOLY ****) Because if it costs more then I will simply get a new card

Tnx for the helpers!

A:Dual Grapchics Cards

You can't SLI them but maybe you can use one for physx.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-grapchics-cards.201762/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi just wanted some conformation advice on what I plan on adding to my network at my house Currently I have a BTHub router and a TP-Link AV nano powerline adapter going from the router to the other side of the house where my room is because I receive little if any wireless signal to my room as it is very far away from the router What I plan on adding is CAT e gigabit cables Dual Router Situation going from my routers gigabit port through the powerline adapter to the WAN port on a TP-Link TL-WR ND Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Port Cable Router and then a third gigabit cable to my PC and a normal CAT cable from the TP-Link router to my XBox I wondered if a BT will allow a second router on the network b If I setup the SSiD Dual Router Situation and password for the new TP-Link to be the same as the BTHub will wireless Dual Router Situation devices get a seamless transition between both routers or if that is not the case and the routers will have to have separate SSiDs and passwords The main reason I plan on doing this is because currently to connect my XBox and my PC to the router though the powerline adapter I have to switch the cable around which is a pain so I though I should get a port switch to connect them both at the same time but then I thought I should try to future proof it a little and I should go Gigabit but a port Gigabit switch is almost the same price as a gigabit router which should give me wireless connectivity to my room and this side of the house Please try to make things as simple as possible as networking is most definitely not my strong point Also for any non-gigabit connections I will use the normal CAT cables that came with my powerline adapter originally Thanks -hopgop nbsp

A:Dual Router Situation

Or would it be better to get an 8 port gigabit switch and a wireless range extender? Which would be easier / the most efficient? I am currently leaning toward the wireless range extender option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-router-situation.201227/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi guys! I'm new here and bought a notebook for maybe a week ago and I have some questions. I found out that my computer haves two GPU's and it is one integrated and one dedicated (dedicated is better) how do I switch to my dedicated one? I have High Perfomance on Battery and also in the Catalyst Control Center and I don't see no difference. I tryed to disable my Integrated graphics on Device manager and the dedicated didn't work (error 43). I updated the drivers over the HP site and over the AMD site. How do I fix so I only use the dedicated gpu?

My Specifikations :
HP 15-N001SO/A4

Windows 8 64-Bit (will soon upgrade to 8.1)

AMD APU A4-5000M @ 1,5 GHz

4GB Ram (3,64 Available)

AMD Radeon HD 8330 (Integrated) and 8670m (Dedicated)

Here are some pics :
​ ​

A:Dual GPU help

I wouldnt disable the integrated GPU since AMD has something called dual graphics, which combines the power of the integrated GPU with that of the dedicated GPU. Is there any reason why you would want to disable the integrated GPU? Are you getting bad performance? The dual graphics will help with battery life also since it will switch to the low power (iGPU) when tasks are not too demanding. Also, are you gaming?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-gpu-help.200695/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have these cards on a fast Dell T with GB RAM and they are FLAKEY They came with Wesson Active Adapters but the AMD guys said to get ACCELL so now I have ACCELL adapters At first monitors worked then then Since does not work at a contiguous desktop I - for No AMD AMD support 8 W7000 Dual from monitors have dropped one fro the matrix within Windows still have connected AMD tech support is a JOKE For MONTHS before the Holidays their phones many times said quot Can not connect to support at this time quot and this was in the advertised business hours for tech support A few times I did get through there were people there who had no idea what what going on had RCV and kept finger pointing to quot software on your machine quot And yet I have been running with NVIDIA or AMD cards on this machine for over a year with no problem I got the W for speed well that part is OK the four that work are fast But it would be nice if they all worked Duh Lat week for instance I had a talk with a AMD person named Dan who told me once he heard my story that there is a ligh level guy named Charlie Dual AMD W7000 for 8 monitors - No support from AMD who really really wants to work on my case but Charlie is busy now and will call me at AM Monday morning I was here at this morning and no call In fact after an hour I called AMD and the message was AMD tech support does not open until AM At I called and got some poor guy who barely knew up from down very polite though and made all kinds of excuses for Charlie like Charlie was not available Charlie works in another building I have never seen Charlie I can not get in tough to Charlie I can leave a message for Charlie but I can not tell you if or when he will call you Insane I feel so let down by this company Someone should report them to the FTC and whatever bases of information possible to stop people form getting bush whacked by this AMD quot company quot nbsp

A:Dual AMD W7000 for 8 monitors - No support from AMD

Ok so if I am reading correctly this is the card you purchased correct?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195118

Now then, you have two of these running in one machine im assuming X-Fired together so you can output on 8 displays. So the way im reading this (please correct my if im wrong) you have 8 display port adapters going to 8 different monitors (Display port to HDMI, DVI, or what?).

So here are my questions:
Which monitors have dropped off (Which card or both and which ports)?
Do you have the latest Catalyst for the Workstation cards running?
What version of windows are you running?

Here's a couple of quick things you can do to try and get all 8 working and ill see if I can't figure out the issue with you:

Try disabling eyefinity and running every monitor as an independent display.
Try rebuilding eyefinity in the control center and see if it detects all 8 monitors

One thing is that display port is designed to hold more than one monitor per port, im guessing you are using the DVI connectors since they came with it. My advice would be instead of using every port on each card, buy some of the dual display port adapters and use only the top card to run eyefinity, using 2 cards for multiple displays tends to run into issues at times especially when connecting such an extreme amount of monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-amd-w7000-for-8-monitors-no-support-from-amd.199168/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be here is my specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS InsydeH O Version CCB F Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n a and there are no driver details either Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such nbsp

A:Dual graphics card showing up as N/a DXdiag

firz3h said:

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen. I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much. I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be.

the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n/a and there are no driver details either. Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such?

View attachment 77579

also not sure if it installed correctly as it shows up like this in device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-graphics-card-showing-up-as-n-a-dxdiag.198839/
Relevancy 28.81%

I've been dealing with this for a while now. Basically, when core #3 is turned on, my computer will run for a bit, then blue screen randomly. Usually pretty quick. I have been through many reinstalls, definitely not software. Tried cleaning, re-applying thermal paste. This is a 3 year old processor, and this has been going on for about 1 1/2 years. The only fix I have is in the bios, to turn the processor off. My mobo is the Asus m4a87td-usb 3, evga gtx 570 superclocked and so on. I've also noticed, I have never been able to overclock my processor or my graphics card even little without blue screening, if that helps. Even with the auto-tune. I have a case with plenty of large fans and air flow.

A:AMD 1090T 1 core not working

Are you running the most recent bios for your MOBO?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-1090t-1-core-not-working.198027/
Relevancy 66.65%

Ok heres my question I have those 2 CPU's, can you tell me which is better for overclocking
I have read some topic on this forum so I decided to overclock one of those CPU

my specs
GPU Name NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
4GB RAM
CPU those 2 up wich want to clock
sorry if need something more tell me im new in this

A:Should I overclock AMD Athlon x2 240 and AMD Phenom x3 8450

Both are quite weak. Get a more modern CPU and dont bother overclocking it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-overclock-amd-athlon-x2-240-and-amd-phenom-x3-8450.197705/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey everyone I idle monitors display Dual PC after anything won't occasionally is ve been having a recent issue with my monitors and it s really been stumping me lately I recently acquired a nd Yamakasi x monitor from South Korea I love these things and while the monitors themselves are working quite well I ve been having an issue since I connected the nd one Occasionally maybe - of the time when the PC has been idle for long enough that Dual monitors occasionally won't display anything after PC is idle the monitors have turned off when I come back to the PC and move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the monitors turn back on and I am promptly greeted with a black screen on both however it appears that there IS a signal as the monitors turn on and remain on however that signal is just a blank black screen I ve got both monitors beside each other and the one on the left side is plugged directly into the dual link DVI port on the back of my master in my crossfire configuration The right-side monitor is plugged into an active displayport to dual link DVI adapter which also requires a USB port for power When I notice this black screen effect I also notice a small thin blueish bar spanning the height of the right monitor at the far right side of the screen this bar looks about the same thickness as the side edge of an open window in Windows but I ve never been able to tell if that s what it is or not UPDATE Upon closer inspection of the quot blue bar quot I can now tell that it doesn t look quite the same as the Windows side edges of a window It does span the entire vertical length of the screen it s about - pixels wide fairly bright blue and the far left or right seems to be random as to which it is column of pixels is a brighter blue than the rest Also the line isn t QUITE at the far edge of the screen it s offset from the edge by about another - pixels When I get this black screen effect the mouse cursor will never appear and no matter what I do including pressing control-alt-delete nothing else will ever appear on the screen If I press the power button I can see and hear my PC doing the usual process that it does when Windows goes through a normal shut-down which is the current setting for the functionality of the power button and then it turns off like normal Upon restart the issue is gone of the time until the PC is left idle again except that the right-hand displayport adapter monitor is not recognized by Windows upon reboot until I unplug and replug it I m running Windows Professional and I just freshly reinstalled Windows on a blank solid state drive within the last two weeks It appears to me that Windows is still running just fine since it seems to shut down normally and it looks almost as though the black screen is a huge window that is stretched almost fully across my monitors with only the far right edge visible and without any way to interact with this window However I also wonder if it could be an issue with the dual link display port to DVI adapter because every single time upon restart of the PC after this issue occurs it only recognizes the left side monitor and won t recognize the right one until I unplug the adapter from the displayport and reinsert it Obviously I don t want to be unplugging and replugging my monitor on a daily basis so I m wondering if anyone has heard of a similar problem or what I could possibly do about this Thanks in advance everyone nbsp

A:Dual monitors occasionally won't display anything after PC is idle

Update: I've discovered that usually the problem can be solved by unplugging and replugging the displayport adapter while the PC is on, but only if the aforementioned "blue line" is present on the right-hand screen when I move the mouse. Yesterday, I had a similar issue except that instead of turning back on and detecting the PC's video signal which is just a black screen for both of them (with blue bar on the right one), the monitors (both of them) refused to even acknowledge that there was a signal coming to them at all and wouldn't even turn their backlights on or wake from sleep mode. Even when I hooked up 2 different monitors using standard DVI-D single link or dual link cables, I still could not get any video signal to output at all, to ANY monitor.

Turning my speakers on, I found that I could hear the Windows 8 "device connect" and "device disconnect" sounds when I unplugged or replugged either of my 27" monitors, but nothing at all was heard when attempting to switch to other monitors. This tells me that Windows IS detecting and seeing the monitors, but somehow the video signal is just not reinitializing properly after the computer turns the monitors off after idle time.

The only solutions I've got at the moment are to set Windows to NEVER turn my monitors off, or to shut down the PC every single time I'm done with it; neither of these solutions are particularly pleasing to me. Please let me know if anyone has any advice at all, even if it's just an idea that may or may not work out.

BTW my PC specs are:

2500K currently at stock settings
16 GB Patriot DDR3-1333
MSI Z68A-GD55 B3
2x Radeon HD 7950 also currently at stock settings
120 GB Vertex 3 (OS/main apps drive)
1TB WD Blue
1TB WD Black
1000W Cooler Master modular PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-occasionally-wont-display-anything-after-pc-is-idle.196256/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi All

I am running a Windows 7 PC with a Nividia NVS310 Graphics card which has 2 DVI inputs.

I currently have a 22" BENQ screen connected to one of the DVI inputs, but would like to install another older screen which uses a VGA lead. (An old HP unit supplied with the original PC)

The graphics card does not have this facility but the base unit does have the option to connect via VGA.

Questions is am I am to configure the system to recognise both the DVI connected screen through the graphics card and the VGA connected screen running through the standard base unit into a duel screen set up.

I look forward to your responses, thank you in advance.

Steve

A:Dual screen set up inquiry

NVIDIA NVS 310

Specifications:

# of Connectors - 2
DisplayPort - 2
Single-Link DVI-D - 2 (using DisplayPort to SL-DVI Cable Adaptor)
Dual-Link DVI-D - 2 (using DisplayPort to DL-DVI Cable Adaptor)
VGA - 2 (using DisplayPort to VGA Cable Adaptors)

Normally you can not use the on-board graphics while the card is connected. Installing a card will generally disables the on-board graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-screen-set-up-inquiry.195875/
Relevancy 27.95%

Help please, I want to upgrade a bit and looking to find out what, if any, processor I can replace the 1.86mhz with.

cheers

A:Medion Core 2 duo 6300 1.86mhz upgrade

What are your full system specs? What is your budget? Finally, what is the use of this pc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/medion-core-2-duo-6300-1-86mhz-upgrade.194237/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford 1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

A:What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-motherboard-for-a-intel-core-i5-3-4-ghz-quad-core-bx80637i53570k-processor.195497/
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought a i5-3570k for future proofing so I could eventually curious. I am a tad bit curious, is it possible to slightly overclock/turbo my processor? Is the slight boost worth it? I wish to know I fit is safe doing so with a stock cooler.

A:Safe overclock?

Waffe said:

I wish to know I fit is safe doing so with a stock cooler.Click to expand...

In my opinion, it is safe to slightly over-clock with a stock cooler. However I personally wouldn't even bother, until I had better cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-overclock.195736/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm having a problem with my laptop, it seems to have a massive drop in performance. I have a AMD Athlon II M300 (2.0Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core processor. After noticing the lack of performance I checked my windows base score (crude I know) and the score has reduced from 5.7 to 2.9 (it's pretty much halved) The laptop struggles to do medium powered applications and I'm thinking one of the cores has went down (is this even possible?) I've tried using cpu checkers and the speed what comes back is 2.01 ghz, is this right for a dual core, I'm not really sure how it works. Also this test was done directly after a clean install of windows. Any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks. James

A:Dual core processor problem

Check your power profile settings in windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processor-problem.195267/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys sorry for yet another thread like this but my specs are a tad bit lower than the usual quot is X good for or overkill quot thread plus I barely got any stock knowledge or experience for this gen of cards games my current specs are Windows bit Intel Pentium Dual E ghz GB RAM GT GB Coolermaster Extreme Powerplus w Samsung inch x and I plan to either get a or however I just realized the might be overkill for my res already and besides my Dualcore might bottleneck it also and I d prefer on saving rather dual core? with fine already 1366x768 7750 and than getting the fastest I can especially since I also think I need a better processor So do you think this setup plus a to replace the enough for somewhat current games excluding the real machine hogs that aren t really that good like 1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core? Crysis like say Tomb Raider Far Cry or Skyrim will be good enough I don t really need to max these atleast get fps medium high no AA low 1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core? shadows on any of those because this can t even do that nbsp

A:1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core?

The CPU will bottleneck the GPU either way. You wont be able to play C3 on high settings, maybe not even medium. C3 is one of the most demanding games out right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1366x768-already-fine-with-7750-and-dual-core.195527/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello, I need a list of mobo that is compatible with my said processor.

and I ask if where can I buy it on Las Vegas, Thank you so much.

A:Mobo for Core 2 Duo E7500

Newegg
TigerDirect
Amazon
eBay
I can't give you a list. It would be easier to simply look up the specs on the motherboard you are interested in. This day and age, the list is rather limited. If your OS is an OEM copy of Windows, you could be de-activating your copy with a different motherboard. If you possibly can, it is best to get the exact same motherboard.

As for shopping locally in Las Vegas, it might be better to ask someone locally. Members here are located all around the globe, and may not know anything about Las Vegas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-for-core-2-duo-e7500.195216/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,can I overclock i5 3450 from 3.1 ghz to at least 3.2 ghz with using only the stock cpu cooler?
I am using gigabyte b75d3h
I know the following points:-
1.3450 is "non-K" hence cannot be efficiently OCed
2.b75 is not suitable for OCing
3.only 0.1ghz increase wont bring any major improvement

I am doing doing it only for fun!
Also if I successfully OC to 3.2 ghz then will it perform like a 3470?

Thanks in advance

A:Overclocking core i5 3450

Yes, that much of an overclock should not bring any major heat problems.

It's going to be a challenge without an unlocked chip, but you should be able to do it with. Happy overclocking :d

With the specs I've read on the two, besides the boost function it should perform on the same level.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-core-i5-3450.192780/
Relevancy 27.95%

I recently installed the hyper 212 evo on my core i7 3770k at stock frequency after some trouble. My temps after 25mins of prime 95 are 47 C from asus AI suite and core temp the temps are 63, 60, 67, 69. This is at full load during prime 95.

Is the cooler mounted correctly and are my temps good for overclocking?

The cooler fan rpm are 850-900.

A:Core i7-3770k temps high after installing Hyper 212 Evo?

What voltage are you using? Stock voltage is usually way too high, try undervolting as much as you can without getting BSODs and you should see temps drop. But at the moment they don't look too excessive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3770k-temps-high-after-installing-hyper-212-evo.185345/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi friends,

I want to overclock my AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor Bus frequency in BIOS doing so will cause any side effects to my system? can I do so?

My Configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M V2
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245
RAM: 2GB DDR3
HDD: 80 GB

A:Is it safe to overclock CPU

It's almost always safe to attempt an overclock on a CPU, however it is unsafe to be careless with your overclock.

You're likely to be limited by your CPU cooler if you are using the stock heat sink, and it is not good for your CPU to overheat. However you can probably still get a decent overclock that should make a noticeable difference

Increase the clock speeds nice and slow, checking the temperatures each time whilst running a stress test (such as Prime95). I'd recommend keeping the temperatures below 80 degrees (Celsius) at 100% load, maybe a bit lower if you live in a hot place (the temperature may increase during the hottest part of the day). When you've reached a nice temperature, run Prime for at least 12-24 hours to ensure that the clock is stable.

I just noticed: Bus frequency? Why not adjust the multiplier? I'd do that first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-safe-to-overclock-cpu.192093/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys quick Core or wait? i7-3930k + 680 GTX question regarding a computer revamp upgrade I have been on x BE Ghz no unlocking supported for my mobo and GB for a while and it just does not cut it anymore My system is rather bad so I need to upgrade ASAP My question is Shall I wait to see what Intel and NVIDIA will unveil in next few weeks months I can hold of buying until late May At this moment I am looking to go with Corsair Dominator Core i7-3930k + GTX 680 or wait? Platinums x Core i7-3930k + GTX 680 or wait? GB Mhz for looks and partly overclocking capabilities and also will get another sticks later down the line to take advantage of Quad Channel Asus SABERTOOTH X Socket i k to be overclocked EVGA GB So far I have Cosmos Samsung GB Pro - purchased and need pretty much the rest of the of the gear Obviously the built above does not include peripherals such as Screen and Keyboard and Studio mic It is primarily going to be used as Gaming Photoshop After Effects Sony Vegas Fraps Recording Illustrator and possibly C D focused workstation If the next shipment of new CPUs won t be much of a upgrade from the current I will get the k but if the performance is significant then obviously il TRY and hold it off So far I have only saved up for the Case SSD and Mobo RAM and CPU HDD since I had x TB and got lost during RMA and the other is failing Futureproofing Will socket be replaced any time soon or will it be less then - years before new socket arrives I know that downscaling the chip will require new MOBO but would I be able to upgrade in future for the socket let say - years maybe I am stretching it Thoughts Regards Karl nbsp

A:Core i7-3930k + GTX 680 or wait?

Well, rumors are that Intel will reveal Haswell-E (Sandy Bridge E successor) in Q4 13'. The rumor is that they will skip Ivy Bridge-E. If the Haswell-E rumor is true, then it will be a big upgrade over Sandy Bridge E, but if it is Ivy Bridge-E as expected, then it wont be much of an upgrade. I would say if you can hold off for now. I say this because if the reveal in the future is disappointing then you can get SB-E cheap. Not many new games are being released anytime soon (not that I know of), so your 460 is enough for now. It is solely your choice. nVidia wont release their 700 series until Q4 also. But regular Haswell (non E) will be unveiled in June. It offers a 7-12% improvement in performance over Ivy Bridge. If you arent gonna be doing hard core photoshop, like projects @ huge resolutions, then I would say go for the i7 4770K in the future. If you are a graphic designer (you do PS and Vegas for a living), then you will gain from the 3930K. The 3930K OCed to 4.5GHz tears through PS and After Effects. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3930k-gtx-680-or-wait.190962/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey all, I would like to make my laptop a bit more powerful by adding a new processor (I've already upgraded my RAM). It's a Compaq Presario CQ62. Would anyone know whether an i5 or i7 would fit it?
Thanks in advance.

A:Intel Core i5/i7 processors in my Compaq laptop?

You cannot change a CPU in a laptop. You have to buy a completely new laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-i5-i7-processors-in-my-compaq-laptop.191426/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, is there any difference in performance between the above mentioned cpus at 3.4 ghz?

A:Core i5 3570 vs 3570k

There are two differences:

1. The i5-3570K is clocked 0.1 ghz higher than the i5-3570. This isn't a very large difference, isn't very important.

2. The BIG difference between the two is that the K version comes with an unlocked multiplier. This will allow you to overclock the processor to higher clock speeds (easily beyond 4 ghz) IF you have the correct type of motherboard (Z77) and an adequate CPU cooler. This allows for quite significant performance gains.

Are you planning a build or an upgrade to a system? If so, can you give some details so I can make a recommendation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-3570-vs-3570k.191275/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I m new on this forum also a begginer with overclocking I AMD go Athlon 7750+ can't over 2.9GHz was searching many other forums but still didn t find answer to my questions Hope I ll get them AMD Athlon 7750+ can't go over 2.9GHz here My AMD Athlon x BE wich I m trying to overclok can t go over ghz I have only raised multipler from to and if I try to go higher system crashes on startup or during the benchmark I saw many guys got same cpu OC-ed Ghz My temp seem to be fine I ts C right now I also tried raising the bus speed but I can only get my PC stable at mhz bus speed I m currently running on stock voltage V in BIOS cpu-z reporting it as V and I tried pushing it up but the system would still crash I also tried replacing the heatsink but that would bring no change My sytem Gigabyte GA-M L-S board AMD Athlon BE ghz x gb RAM mhz Gainward GeForce gt GB m overclocked m x gb Sata Ata hard drives W power supply I d like to notice that on my motherbord it sais Note If you install an AMD AM AM CPU on AM motherboard the system bus speed will downgrade from HT MT s to HT MT s however the frequency of AM CPU will not be impacted Maybe that s the problem so if anyone has any idea how to help me please replay Thanks in advance and sorry if any language misstakes nbsp

A:AMD Athlon 7750+ can't go over 2.9GHz

I had a very similar problem with my very similar rig.

What I did was bump down the RAM freq by 1 step (e.g. 800 MHz to 600 MHz, assuming your RAM speeds increase in sync with your CPU), and raise the V-core by smallest possible step allowed by the mobo. (First you should make sure your CPU temps aren't skyrocketing. Never should you go above 60C in any case.)
Bingo! I'm on 3.4 GHz from 2.7 GHz. You can check my system specs in my profile to compare our rig.
Sempron is an AM3 CPU, but my mobo works best with AM2+. Same HT-Link problem.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

P.s.: I disclaim any responsibility for roasted CPUs!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-7750-cant-go-over-2-9ghz.177435/
Relevancy 27.95%

Few Questions

My Cpu is an intel i5-3570k it should be 3.4 ghz and Maxes to 3.8

something in the bios seems to make my cpu take benefit in games and gets my cpu up to 4.1 ghz sometimes

I am using the Stock Cooler

Max temp ive seen atm is like 41Celcius

when will I be looking at problems which temeprature should be the stop point and which will be making my chip degrade

any help would be grateful

A:Core i5-3570k overclocked automatically? Do I need a custom cooler?

I bet you have an ASUS motherboard, they have preset OCs. 41C is fine, but I would recommend buying this cooler just to stay safe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&Tpk=hyper 212 evo&IsVirtualParent=1
It will extend the life of the CPU. Plus, disable turbo boost when OCing.
If you want to go beyond the 4.5GHz mark (look for safe OCs online first), buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018
Note: Sometimes heavily overclocked CPUs have a shortened life.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-3570k-overclocked-automatically-do-i-need-a-custom-cooler.191099/
Relevancy 28.81%

Basicly the core i5-3570k is running at 1600 when im just browsing the internet and I dont really like that so is the ram which si running at 680 mhz while it shoud be 1600 how to fix this I know that it goes to these figures just to save energy ect but I dont like it

A:I5-3570k core speed

Change your computer power options to 'High performance'. That will fix the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i5-3570k-core-speed.191059/
Relevancy 66.65%

The title pretty much says it all.

Here are my specs: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1808734

A:How to safely overclock an AMD Athlon II X2 240 processor

Amd makes a really nifty, comprehensive piece of performance software called AOD. It can be had here:
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/amd-overdrive/Pages/overview.aspx
Most x2 2xx models will OC to between 3.5-3.8Ghz depending on the motherboard you are using. You should list the rest of your components so we know what we are dealing with, including the PSU you are using. assuming you have quality components, you have the advantage of many others OC'ing this model before you. using AOD is nice as you can shorten the time to OC before making the final stable settings semi permanent in the bios if you choose, or setup an OC profile in AOD to use only during intense operations or gaming if you like. If you want, you can jump right to a setting of 3.4Ghz by raising the HT ref to 242 and the V-core to 1.475 and running the built in stability test for 15 minutes. from there raise the HT ref by 5-10 Mhz and run the stability test until it breaks. You can then raise the Vcore in intervals of .025-.05 until stable. Remember your CPU has a locked multiplier so you will be OC'ing the whole system when you raise the HT ref clock (memory,Northbridge, etc) you may want to drop the HT/NB/CPU multiplier back while you find the maximum OC to eliminate it as a possible limiting factor. a couple things to keep in mind...

1) watch temperatures. Its a REALLY good idea to have after-market cooling (heatsink/Fan) while OC'ing
2) make sure you have adequate PSU, both in capacity and quality.
3) the maximum Vcore for this generation of CPU's is 1.55v, better yet, stay at or under 1.5v -1.525v
4) with very good cooling (and if you want to push up over 1.5 V) you may get over 4.0Ghz.

Here is TechPowerup's Oc of an x2 240, you can get an idea of the settings they used to get 3.8Ghz OC (typical OC for this CPU if you have decent MB,PSU etc)

Here is a look at the control screen of the AOD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-safely-overclock-an-amd-athlon-ii-x2-240-processor.165156/
Relevancy 49.45%

I ve only had my PC for about a year now and it s been going slower by every passing month I ve never installed anything E218 Dual Pentium slower running Core than rated on my PC except games from Steam and Windows Update stuff and graphics card Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated drivers from the official AMD website My Intel Pentium Dual Core E GHz is now running at GHz I always keep my PC clean and virus Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated free yet for some reason the CPU has slowed down a lot and games that I used to play before are almost unplayable now A friend suggested that I might have to update my BIOS but he also said that up and it could ruin my PC forever and I ve got just as much PC experience as a turtle has speed I recently upgraded to Windows -bit from Windows XP -bit but my CPU still remains at GHz I ve never overclocked or fidgeted with anything on my PC I sometimes carefully hoover out the dust on my CPU but I already had this problem a while before I hoovered my CPU When I m on my desktop my CPU temperature is always at around C in-game it s around C so it s not overheating I hope you can help -Love Panda nbsp

A:Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated

Try changing your power settings. I would switch it to high performance mode. Now, what are you using to monitor your CPU ? Are you getting these figures while the computer is idle or doing simple tasks? It could just be down clocking itself because of speed step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e218-running-slower-than-rated.190364/
Relevancy 28.38%

I want to buy a new motherboard I already bought 8GB of DDR2 ram but im not sure if it will work on ASUS P5Q SE PLUS motherboard I think this has the speed of 667Mhz can anyone please give me some sugestions what motherboard I should buy that supports core2quad processors and that supports 16GB of ram! Cause I wanna upgrade it from time to time! Thanks in advance!

A:Motherboard for Core 2 processors and 16GB of RAM

Well, to answer you're first question, yes, that motherboard supports that type of RAM.

I cannot, however, understand why you would purchase DDR2 ram. You will not be able to find a whole lot of DDR2 compatible motherboards for sale, and even less core 2 processors. I highly recommend you return that RAM, and get current DDR3 RAM along with a current generation Motherboard and CPU.

Give us your budget, and what you will be using this PC for, an we will be able to help you choose the correct components to buy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-core-2-processors-and-16gb-of-ram.190119/
Relevancy 22.36%

Morning guys,

I recently set up my system with dual monitors.
I'm quite a keen gamer so what I've been doing is playing games on one screen and then streaming video (youtube, iplayer, tvcatchup, etc...) on the other one. I have noticed a slight decrease in FPS while playing games.
Now I know that the graphics card now has extra to do than it used to.

So my question is what part of the card is having the issue, is it the GPU or is it the VRAM or even both?

I currently have a HD6870 1gb, I was looking to upgrade shortly anyway so I was thinking if it is the VRAM I will make sure I get one that has more than 1GB,

Cheers

A:Reason for performance decrease since dual monitoring

Hocknose said:

So my question is what part of the card is having the issue, is it the GPU or is it the VRAM or even both?Click to expand...

Both. Although you're still only gaming on one screen so the slowdown shouldn't be too severe (watching videos isn't that GPU intensive). There's many programs out there which lets you check your GPU activity and VRAM usage in programs, personally I use MSI Afterburner.

If you're looking to upgrade then pretty much all current generation mid range cards have 2GB of VRAM or more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reason-for-performance-decrease-since-dual-monitoring.189981/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve got two monitors a Dell SE WFP and a MICROTEK c My video card is a Asus Radeon HD and I m trying to connect them using an adapter splitter cable The video card supports a HDMI DisplayPort and a DVI connector My splitter s end piece is a DVI then it goes to a VGA and another DVI The Dell is a DVI the Microtek is a VGA The with monitors adapter/splitter Trouble dual using an problem is it only picks up one monitor Here s what it looks like in the Screen Resolution As you can see it shows there s two Dells being listed If I unplug the dell on startup and let only the microtek load up Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter the screen is there but when I plug in the dell afterwards it turns off the microtek and leaves just the dell on There s no drivers available for the Microtek so it labels it as a generic nopnp monitor could that be the issue I ve tried also messing around with AMD Vision Engine Control which is my video card s software Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter

You can't display two different video feeds using a splitter. You need to buy another monitor and use two physical outputs on your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-using-dual-monitors-with-an-adapter-splitter.189924/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I've been trying to oc my CPU on this mobo with no luck at all. since the multiplier is locked im playing with the bus speed and the vcore. The mobo has an auto oc utility it got my cpu to 3.3 but it takes down the dram freq to ~900 (why? idk) and sets vcore to 1.425 I think other stuff are the same. 3.3 isnt bad at all but why take down my ddr3 1600 to ~900??

specs:
Mobo: ASUS M5A88-M
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 240 @ 2.8Ghz (stock)
Memory: 2x4GB kingston hyperX blu Red DDR3 1600 CL9 6-6-6-18
PSU: HEC Raptor 500w
Video Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD6670 1GB GDDR5
Cooler: CoolerMaster TX3

PS: Memory Currently running on 1333 not 1600

A:Overclocking AMD Athlon II x2 240 on Asus M5A88-M

Ok freaking bios was acting up updated it to the latest version and everything seems to be working like a charm
got it to 3.3 idle 39c max load 60c also got my memory to run @ 1600 9-9-9-24 vcore 1.425.
currently running prime25, are those settings ok or did I screw something up ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-amd-athlon-ii-x2-240-on-asus-m5a88-m.189323/
Relevancy 33.54%

Okay I've been posting alot of treads about my 2.93ghz stock dell I want to get atleast 3.4ghz it has tons of fans in it it runs at 20C anyone know some programs to oc it? its a Optiplex 210L

A:Overclock Intel Celeron D in Dell desktop

Since you say your PC is a Dell, I don't think you will have any options to over-clock.

Celeron's are locked processors, so you don't have the option to increase the multiplier.
Dell as well as other manufacturers usually lock the BIOS, so you wouldn't be able to increase the base frequency either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-intel-celeron-d-in-dell-desktop.189602/
Relevancy 28.38%

Dear all This is my first post in this forum My Dell studio XPS mt Bloomfield i no overclocking GIGs RAM has been working well for the last years I used it mainly for internet emails presentations database work and basic Standard and High Def video editing using AVIDEMUX and DIVX software In the last few weeks great deal of noise started to come out from the PC the noise occurred soon after opening an HD or an SD video file and continued until I close the file then the noise will Core high fan? or on i7-920 load: Hot faulty CPU gradually go down back to its idle state I opened the case and did a thorough cleaning with a house hold Dyson very carefully and a lot of dirt came out but no effect on the noise After some googling around one possible reason was excessive hard disk activity I had a look at the Resource Monitor and it did show high reading and writing activity coinciding with the noise Good I thought time had come for an upgrade so I went a head and installed a new SSD as my system drive and relegated my old hard disk for a storage purposes Unfortunately the noise persisted and it had become louder in the last few days I came across HardWare Monitor software and run it at idle state then at time of maximum noise Idle state Maximum noise I can see cores temp went up from - to - Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan? fan from to and fan from to Is my CPU going to die and what is meant by the Powers Package going up from w to w Is it the fault of processor or the fans or the heatsink Sorry for the long story but please advise me on what to do Many thanks nbsp

A:Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Whoops!
I think I have made a mess trying to paste the 2 HardWare Monitor data images. Could some one tell me on how to put an image in my post as I kept getting error message that my post was too long!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-core-i7-920-on-high-load-faulty-cpu-or-fan.188882/
Relevancy 28.81%

What is the speed of ram should I use for intel core i7 3930K, how much mhz

A:RAM for Intel Core i7-3930K

The real question is which RAM modules the motherboard supports. The question can not be answered simply by the processor specifications. It's the motherboard that dictates which memory modules can be used.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-for-intel-core-i7-3930k.189077/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, the 3450 costs around 20$ more than the 2400, then which one should I buy??
Thanks in advance

A:Core i5-2400 vs i5-3450

I haven't compared performances but they should be comparable in performance. They i5-3450 is a die shrink and would consume less power. There is also better integrated graphics compared to the i5-2400.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-2400-vs-i5-3450.188899/
Relevancy 28.38%

I bought this video card

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006

and was wondering if my current CPU would bottleneck it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c02839589#N168.

I doubt it will, but I would like some input on it. Thanks!

A:Is my Core i7 2600s bottlenecking my HD 7950?

I hope you have at least a 500W power supply. If not you will need one for that card. As for the CPU, I think you will be fine with the i7-2600S. My only other concern would be, if you have clearance in that HP case for the HD 7950.

Radeon HD 7950

500W (or greater) power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommendedClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-core-i7-2600s-bottlenecking-my-hd-7950.188100/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

I have searched the internet trying to work out if it is possible to use both a DVI connection and a VGA connection to set up dual monitors but I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.

I have a nVidia Geforce3 graphics card which has DVI, VGA and an S-Video connection and I just want to know if it is possible for me to set up dual monitors as I want both my computer monitor and my TV screen hooked up at once.

Thank you for any replies!

A:Dual monitors: DVI and VGA

Yes it should be possible to hook up via different connector types. I've used hdmi and dvi for tv and monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-dvi-and-vga.187986/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys, I have lately upgraded my pc to Core i5 3330 and Asus B75-V plus 4 GB ram 1600 MHz running win 7 32 bit, so far so good. In device manager and BIOS I can see the 4 cores available BUT task manager or CPU-Z just show 2 cores!!! and other softwares make use of 2 cores only.I've updated BIOS to the latest version(801) but nothing changed.
Can win 7 or 8 64 bit or something have an effect?
I'd appreciate it if you friends help me get out of the hell and tell me what's wrong with my PC.

A:Does the Core i5-3330 have 2 or 4 cores?

It should be 4 cores and 4 threads. Go into your BIOS and make sure you haven't disabled any of the cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-the-core-i5-3330-have-2-or-4-cores.187920/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just built myself a new computer & W7 SSDs XP boot Dual using I have a Samsung GB SSD as a Windows HP boot drive - Sweet and fast I have a legacy Canoscan Lide scanner that has no driver support for W I installed VMware player and installed XP Dual boot using SSDs XP & W7 pro so I could use the scanner but have not been successful at getting it to work I have tried to connect to the scanner in VM and get the message that the scanner is being disconnected from the host but then fails to load the driver in the VM I m not opposed to tinkering with it in the VM some more I suppose I could create another VM and install Linux which would have scanner support My next thought was to use an old Intel V GB SSD as a second drive with XP pro for a dual boot system My question is whether the TRIM function in W will monitor the nd drive with XP Will the utilities from Intel or Samsung keep the V functioning smoothly Is it a worthwhile use of the V Any general thoughts discussion on this Thanks Monton nbsp

A:Dual boot using SSDs XP & W7

Upgrade (one option is Windows Anytime Upgrade) to Windows 7 Professional and then use XP Mode. XP Mode has better integration with the OS than other VM's. Another solution would be to simply replace the scanner. Either option would be less headache than dual booting in the long run.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you out of dual booting. I personally think you would be happier by replacing the scanner and not having to deal with Dual Booting or managing VM's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-boot-using-ssds-xp-w7.187434/
Relevancy 18.49%

Can I change my motherboard from single channel to dual channel Is decided by the bios? Acer x1700 desktop. thanks

A:Single channel to dual channel

That depends on whether or not you have a matching set of dual channel memory installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-channel-to-dual-channel.186999/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am going to buy a new PC with 680 gtx Sli. If I equip it with a i7 3820 not overclocked (I.e. standard 3,6 Ghz), could the 680 gtx Sli be limited by the CPU? Would a i7 3930k be a better choice? Worth spending more money? In a nutshell, if I decide to equip my 680 gtx Sli with a 3930k rather than a 3820 what fps boost range could I expect to gain playing at 1920x1080 all filters ON (AA, AF, AO and so on)?

A:Core i7-3820 or i7-3930k for 680 GTX SLI?

At 1920x1080 I think you'll have no issues running almost any game out with either CPU and SLI 680s @ vysnc - even if you decide to run with a 120hz monitor. Only with games such as MMOs where you are typically CPU bound anyway will you see issues... or Metro 2033 & AvP.

I see you're looking for a lot of input on this - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370635

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3820-or-i7-3930k-for-680-gtx-sli.186883/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey Guys ,

am new to overclocking for AMD.
can anyone suggest best oc values for Athlon 64 x2 4600+ ????

Thanks in advance

A:Overclocking AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+

I dont think this CPU can be OCed. If it can, you will need a aftermarket cooler and look up some values online because this is a very old cpu

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-amd-athlon-64-x2-4600.186204/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a i7 860 cpu with 8gb of corsair ram at 1600 clock speeds.
I have a 750 watt psu and a intel p55wg motherboard.
I want to overclock this as high and stable as possible and I have overclocked many amd proccessors but never intel.

Any help would be great, I have found reviews and guides but they dont make much sense. Sorry for bad english this is written on my phone.

A:Core i7-860 CPU overclocking

Saw this one my phone, be home in twenty minutes. Shouldn't be hard to oc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-860-cpu-overclocking.186246/
Relevancy 28.38%

I can either get a i7 920 or phenom II. Which one should I get?
I am using then for gaming.

A:Core i7-920 vs Phenom II x4 3.7GHz for gaming

Which stepping is the i7 920? The D0 overclocks much better than the C0 stepping.
But if they're the same price (including the price of the motherboard) I'd say go for the i7 920, mine still plays all modern games without any problems. Or if you can find an i5 2500K or 3570K for around the same price then go for those because the 920 is already 2 generations old and a bit of a power hog.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-920-vs-phenom-ii-x4-3-7ghz-for-gaming.186175/
Relevancy 27.95%

My core speed or the multiplier don't drop in idle
bios setup everything is automatic
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5272.301415.589480272&type=1&relevant_count=1
core i7 980x
x58-ud7

I also when I get into bios same thing no drop
latest bios and default setup

A:Core speed or multiplier don't drop in idle

Hmm; I'm sure these are the FIXED ratings of the chip, not the ACTIVE usage.
The Win/7 Task Manager->Performance->Resource Monitor clearly shows active usage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-speed-or-multiplier-dont-drop-in-idle.185031/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi everyone Core HD 4000 graphics i5-3570k I started buying my computer parts and have Core i5-3570k HD 4000 graphics eveything I need but the following CPU GPU OS Aftermarket heatsink I was going to wait till I could Core i5-3570k HD 4000 graphics purchase all Core i5-3570k HD 4000 graphics the above before placing my next order but the graphics card was the main thing burdening my wallet However I was like quot duh quot the CPU has built in HD graphics I could just go ahead and hold off on the Graphics Card and atleast be able to fire up my system and check everything is in good working order as well as have a PC that is working rather than a cardboard box full of plastic metal My questions are If I were to use the Integrated graphics for the time being after I bought a GPU in the future the CPU would automatically detect a aftermarket Graphics card and completely stop using the built in one right Since I am not going to be using the Integrated graphics for long term I should go with a cheaper CPU with less built in graphic power refer to Q cause after I buy the GPU I won t have no need for it Any one have any CPU Heat sink suggestions that will fit my case HAF and as far as OS goes do I really need a fancy version of Windows or just the most plain I only plan on playing games music and minor web browsing Thank you all sorry for my large thread nbsp

A:Core i5-3570k HD 4000 graphics

Where are you going to purchase your parts from? Are you any where near a Micro Center? What power supply are you considering? Will you be overclocking? Windows 7 64 will more than suffice; I run it. I have that very same cpu in my new build.

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-3570k-hd-4000-graphics.185056/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently got a zte g n290 phone,TV phone, but its locked to a particular network/ service provider. I got some info on how to unlock it and did, before I did it said invalid sim but now it goes through and now it searches and then says Emergency / select a network. I've tried other codes and stuff.
If there is any other way that I can do this please inform.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unlock-dual-band-phones.185172/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey y'all,
I'm having a problem with my dual monitor setup. On my secondary screen I'm only getting a resolution of 1360x 768 when I should be getting a resolution of 1680x1050. Ubuntu is reading my computer as a laptop (don't know if this affects it). I'm using ubuntu 12.04 with a nividia GeForce 7100 Graphics Card. I've tried installing different drivers and changing the xconf file but still no go. Anybody have any idea of a fix?
Below are images of my nvidia x server settings/configuration/display configuration.

A:Dual monitor resolution problem

From my experience, dual monitors need to run at the same resolution for the seamless extension
which allows BOTH screens to appear as ONE canvas. The other option just replicates from a->b
and imo is kind off silly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-resolution-problem.184905/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hewlett Packard Compaq Presario SR 1000
Microsoft Window XP
Home Edition
Version 2002, Service Pack 3
2.19Ghz, 1.00GB of RAM

ACPI Uniprocessor PC
AMD Athlon ? 64 Processor 3700+
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache?

Hello,

I wish to connect a second monitor to my PC desktop.
My current monitor is a LCD, Plug and Play monitor, manufacturer: standard monitor type, model WJ1780PI, D-12055 - one straight wire, (please see attachment numbered 1) connecting to a VGA port.

There is also another VGA port, (see attachment numbered 2). However I tried taking out the VGA cable from slot 1 and slotting it into slot 2 and it came up that there is no signal?

What would be the best way to get around this. Would a VGA splitter work??

A:Advice on how to set up dual monitors

The VGA port that you have there marked as "2" is the Integrated graphic cards VGP port and it does not work together with the one that is marked as"1". If you want to connect one more display to that graphics card then you will have to use the connectors on the right side of the "1" VGA port. Sadly tho the s-video and the RCA there are mostly used to old projectors and TVs.
So I would say that you will need to get a new graphics card (GPU) to get more displays connected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-how-to-set-up-dual-monitors.183295/
Relevancy 34.4%

Everything on it is OEM, but I plan on getting a new gpu soon, because my current one sucks. Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nForce 430
Mobo: Pegatron 2A6C Chipset Nvidia MCP61
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. v6.01 9/29/10

A:Is it safe to overclock my PC?

If its an OEM machine its likely that the options required to overclock your cpu in bios will be locked. Gpu should not be a problem with some third party software.

Read some overclock guides here at techspot, watch your temps and you should be good to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-safe-to-overclock-my-pc.183131/
Relevancy 23.22%

What is the least expensive way to add a second monitor, not including cost of monitor

A:Dual monitors

All you need to add a second monitor is a graphics card with at least two display ports (which most do). Two DVI connections is recommended but you can use DP or HDMI as well. The desktop can be configured and arranged after through your video card's control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors.184392/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello Guys,

My first post here

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon x2 II 240 2.8 Ghz
MotherBoard: Geforce 6100PM - M2
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 HIS ICEQ 5 Model (Factory Overclocked)
Ram: 2 GB Kingston DDR 2
PSU: Cooler Master 500 Watts (100% Efficient)

I want to overclock my CPU and GPU. Is it possible?
If you are in need of some other information to answer my questions, please let me know.

Thank you

A:Want to overclock :) (newbie)

My other questions is how to overclock? should I use the AOD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-overclock-newbie.181346/
Relevancy 34.4%

I m totally new to overclock and today I did it the noob way I overclock double boots after PC used ASUS uefi bios overclock utility to do it for me After it had finished I ran prime for an hour without any kind of problems and the highest temp being C I know I m supposed to run it for at least hours I was going to do it later today when I went to bed The thing is PC double boots after overclock that whenever I cold boot my pc it powers on for seconds powers off for another seconds and then powers on again logging into windows without any error messages or beeps I reverted to stock settings overclocked it again and then reverted it one last time to stock just to be sure it only behaves like that when overclocked and on cold boots never on restarts I checked other forums and understood that although it is a common issue it s not supposed to happen I could live with the extra seconds that s not a problem at all My only concern is the possibility of this behavior causing any damage to my hardware Anybody would have a saying in this So far I ve seen two solutions I m not willing to try because I have no idea what they mean - Disable PLL Overvoltage - Set Power on by PCI-E as enabled That s it for now I ll wait for any replies In the meantime I ll try to learn about the things I don t know My specs are Core i k Asus P P PRO revision Gigabyte GTX OC Geforce GTX Ti Barracuda Tb Sata III rpm Cooler Master Hyper plus Win Ultimate bit The changes I could notice after overclock is that my multiplier was set to and my BCLK was set to Resulting in cpu frequency being something like Mhz when in turbo boost nbsp

A:PC double boots after overclock

Sorry to double post, edit button was not available.
I spent the last hours reading "dos and do nots" about overclocking and I changed BCLK to 100.0 and it stopped double booting. I'll consider myself happy, for now. Now my turbo boost is 4200 Mhz. Pretty good for a noob.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-double-boots-after-overclock.182697/
Relevancy 22.79%

My system is one month old, or something. I assembled it together with a friend. Since 1st day, CPU-Z does not report dual channel with my DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1333C9 8GB ( 2X4GB ) 1333MHz. The sticks are in the slots the mobo manual recommends (A2 B2).

In the BIOS, I could not find the information if they're in single or dual channel.

My chipset and mobo drivers are all up to date.

Edit: Solved (by myself) . All I had to do was uninstall an re-install a newer version of cpu-z. I'm a hero.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-memory-not-in-dual-channel-why.182412/
Relevancy 28.38%

So I recently built myself a computer. I have a 500GB Hard drive, and during the installation of windows I forgot to make a partition.
I already tried making a partition the re-installing windows on that, but for some reason it kept failing.

so I'm wondering if there's a way to move all my core Windows NVIDIA Program Files etc. into just one folder. then possibly make it hidden. would that work? is there any way to do this?

A:Shifting core files big problem

If you head into the Administrative Tools in Control Panel you can create a partition by shrinking your existing C: partition by the amount of space you want to use for a second one.

There is absolutely no need to re-install Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shifting-core-files-big-problem.182351/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys !

I have intel dual core @2.0 GHz processor.I am upgrading my system.For now im going to replace the mobo and RAM.I am going to buy G.Skill RipjawsX (2x4 GB) RAM.So I wanted to know will my system support it.I know the mobo im going to buy will support it.

Thanks in Advance !

A:Does Intel Dual Core processors supports 1600MHz RAM?

t3chn0vamp said:

So I wanted to know will my system support it.I know the mobo im going to buy will support it.Click to expand...

Thats all you need to know, the CPU is irrelevant for selecting memory. The CPU never has dictated the type of memory used. The motherboard either supports the memory or it doesn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-intel-dual-core-processors-supports-1600mhz-ram.181368/
Relevancy 28.38%

looking to build a new computer, and I am completely stuck whether to put my trust in the reliable sandy 2500K, or to go for ivy 3550.

what are the main differences between the two?
pros and cons of either?
best bang for buck?
best gaming performance?
futureproofing?

any answers would be very, very welcome.

thanks guys

A:Intel Core i5-2500k vs 3550

A more valid comparison is the 2500K vs 3570K, as both are multiplier unlocked.

If you're hardcore overclocking go with the 2500K, if you're not OCing or want a mild OC go with the 3570K for lower temps and lower power consumption.

There's about a 5-10% difference in favour of the 3570K for CPU intensive tasks, and no difference when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-i5-2500k-vs-3550.181115/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have searched Google and the Intel site to try and establish which CPU has the fastest data transfer rate in terms of opening programs, copying/moving data, etc. And I can't seem to find any definitive answer.

i5 is quad core while i7 is quad core with hyperthreading, having 2 threads in each core. This gives a total of 8 threads.

A:Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge versus i7-960 Bloomfield

Opening programs and copying/moving data is typically going to be storage constrained vs CPU. I've got a machine with a 2400 in it and had a slightly overclocked 930 and to be honest there was very little difference between the two machines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-2400-sandy-bridge-versus-i7-960-bloomfield.179839/
Relevancy 34.83%

i got a dell optiplex GX280 tower style with 4 gig ram and navida quadro 4400 516mb gpu and a 1GB bigfoot enternet connector and a 500 GB hard drive with stock cooling please help dont have money to buy new just want to make better it 3.0 GHZ hypertreading im running I8kfanGUI program to turn up cpu fan to high

A:Can I overclock this PC?

You might have some luck with SetFSB like this guy did.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-this-pc.179759/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi there, first post here

My cable ISP assigns two IPs to my account but so far I have only been able to use one of them. Is there any way I could put the second IP to use?

I currently use a Linksys Wireless G router. I've been thinking about adding a switch/hub direct to the modem, and put the router behind the hub, but don't think this is a viable idea. If anyone out there have a brilliant or workable idea could you kindly share that with me please?

Thanks for reading!

Jack

A:How to take advantage of dual IPs?

Very difficult to do, as the default ROUTE will dominate the connections and send
the traffic to that connection.

Many want to do this assuming we could get 2x the bandwidth - - not so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-take-advantage-of-dual-ips.179375/
Relevancy 27.95%

With the older socket 1366 socket 6 core extreme processors you had to use 2 8-pin ATX powers, is it the same for the socket 2011 cpu's? Just looking at the new gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 motherboards and they only have one 8 pin connector?

A:2x8-pin ATX 12V power connectors for Intel Core i7 3930K

It only have one, eight pin connector. Remember, many of those older socket 1366 motherboards had two processors on them; they are generally server motherboards. Two EPS12V connectors for two processors. The G1.Assassin 2 motherboard only has one processor, so it only has one EPS12V connector.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2x8-pin-atx-12v-power-connectors-for-intel-core-i7-3930k.179142/
Relevancy 34.4%

can this be overclocking or not ???

P.S
its not the black Edition one 2

A:Can I overclock Phenom II x2 550?

That will depend on your motherboard. but it's capable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-phenom-ii-x2-550.179017/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello friend first of all thanks for replying to my previous posts Your suggestions and guidance helped me a lot Now as i had purchased C D E i want to overclock it I am a total beginner in this field I searched a lot on net and forums got various ideas used clockgen but C2D my to overclock How E7500? i am not able to OC my cpu Then at last i tried from my BIOS I edited Bus Speed there Initially it was and multiplier is So i incremented Bus Speed with My system OCd very well upto the Bus Speed of but on it How to overclock my C2D E7500? got unstable after logging into my user account It so happened that PC logged in successfully but after mins a blue screen came and said quot Dumping to Trash quot or something like that At that time i remembered that somewhere on the net i had read that we also have to increase Vcore voltage and have to OC the RAM So i got helpless because i didn t saw any editable field in BIOS for the same So i request you people to please guide me in this field Please give me step by step instructions if possible And also tell me what softwares shall i use for it and how to use them The detailed specs of my PC are as listed below Also i am posting CPUZ screenshots without OC so that you could get better idea of my hardware Thanx Mainboard- MSI G M-P CPU- Intel C D E GHz MB cache FSB RAM- GB DDR Dual channel nbsp

A:How to overclock my C2D E7500?

First of all do you actually need to overclock the CPU? What are you using the computer for?

Before playing with the voltages you need an aftermarket CPU cooler and download a temperature monitoring software (realtemp, open hwmonitor, etc.) to make sure you don't fry your chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-overclock-my-c2d-e7500.177364/
Relevancy 28.38%

So I purchased a new CPU a couple months ago and didn t bother to mess with the Bios after installing it Anyway the CPU I purchased was an AMD Phenom II X BE which as I understand is supposed to have all four cores unlocked from start with no need to do anything yourself Anyway some time had passed and about a month ago I was in my Bios messing around with some settings and noticed that under CPU Settings it showed something like this Core - Unlocked Core - Unlocked Core - Unlocked Core - Locked I started up my computer without making changes to check what my computer said and sure enough in task manager it only showed three cores I m almost positive that I d remembered seeing four cores in the task manage on multiple occasions before but of course couldn t be sure So I m not sure if it was always like this from when I installed the CPU or if something changed it for the first month or two I had it installed Anyway went back into Bios and changed it to Unlocked and now all four cores show as unlocked and my computer seems to be running fine but now I am unable to see the temperature readouts for each of my cores--which I understand is a side effect from unlocking cores though I shouldn t be having that problem considering the BE is supposed to come with all four cores unlocked AFAIK I m not too concerned about the temperature thing really but I m just wondering if this would have any effect on my computer or if it could mean that the CPU is faulty or something along those lines I appreciate mean CPU 965 locked core, had BE AMD a faulty? this Phenom X4 is could my II any help thanks nbsp

A:AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE had a locked core, could this mean my CPU is faulty?

I think the the X4 BE is supposed to have 6 cores, with 2 of them locked out. It almost sounds like you have an X3, with 1 of 4 cores locked out. My 970 BE showed 6 cores, with 2 locked out, when I first got it. But I think I may have over-cooked it, or something, when I enabled all 6 cores, and overclocked it, because now it only shows 4 cores. None are locked, though. It runs fine at 4GHz, with 1.5V to it, and 17V to the cooling fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-ii-x4-965-be-had-a-locked-core-could-this-mean-my-cpu-is-faulty.178734/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

i understand how to set up dual channels with matching pairs - that is not my question. What i can't find the answer for is this:

If i have a matching pair of 512 = 1g
and a matching pair of 1g = 2g,..

Does it make a difference which pair is in which channel? Should i have 2g in channel 1 and 1g in channel 2, or would this make no difference?

thank you!!

Madilyn

A:Dual-channel RAM -- more in channel 1 or 2? Does it matter?

You can run different stick of RAM at the same time in Dual channel asynchronous, but I think they'll operate at single channel speeds.
If you decide to run in asynchronous mode, I think that it doesn't matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-ram-more-in-channel-1-or-2-does-it-matter.178524/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi, i got a new 42 inch t.v and hooked it up to my pc. i use the small one for browsing and want to use the 42 for gaming. when i try to start gta4 i sign into RGSC then the game starts to load and just as the game should pop up both screens flicker then i get an error, this is probably due to the trainer i use. i can start need for speed world with no problems but it only plays on my smaller screen, could anyone give me an easy to use guide on how to fix my problem ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-pc-monitors-screens.178725/
Relevancy 27.95%

Recently within the last days i ve suffered video audio skipping of both video and Video audio skip - problem? i7 / processor Core audio Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem? specifically random split second audio cut outs which can happen in patterns seconds and sometimes minutes apart it also affects what is shown where it skips video in intervals split seconds in a similar way that it does with audio i ve systematically narrowed down the cause of it but no closer to a Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem? solution Video card driver - The most recent driver for that has been installed Headset - I purchased a new one I even disconnected it for few seconds to make sure it wasn t the USB ports and the video skipped anyway USB Ports - see above Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem? Adobe Flash Player - It was recently updated and the video audio skip remains I have had a new internet connection installed which is approx x faster than my old one so I ll test that to see if it s that if it isn t then that can be narrowed down if it is I might have to get a new wireless adapter that can handle it The PC I use is years old it has the following Intel Core i processor ATI Raedon HD series graphics card gb ram Windows -bit If you need additional info I can provide it nbsp

A:Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem?

Additional: The internet connection was turned off to test whether that was causing the video / audio skip, it had no effect at all, so that can be narrowed down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-audio-skip-i7-core-processor-problem.178606/
Relevancy 22.79%

My girl just got herself a A - M notebook It comes with AMD Radeon HD g AMD Radeon HD m Dual Graphics I m having a hard time understanding how they work Do I have to enable the crossfire somewhere or they re already crossfired out of enable to how dual - graphics Crossfire? APU's the box Is there any kind APU's dual graphics - how to enable Crossfire? of setting where I would decide which gpu is primary secondary or that s just not up to me to decide According to msi afterburner during a game session Trine the only gpu being used is the g while the m just sits there doing nothing Last question and perhaps the most important when downloading drivers on AMD s website http www amd com us products technologies amd-catalyst pages catalyst aspx Under quot find a driver quot tab after choosing quot notebook graphics quot on the first field should I select quot A-series APU quot or quot HD Radeon Series quot on the second field Guys I m completely lost here Any light on the subject would be most welcome In the meanwhile I ll try to get her more demanding games and see if we can wake up the m Thanks in advance nbsp

A:APU's dual graphics - how to enable Crossfire?

did you install the newest Catalyst driver or you just downloaded it? Do the "automatically detect and install"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apus-dual-graphics-how-to-enable-crossfire.178176/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all I just got some proper to Upgraded overclock wanting now good advice on what cooler i needed to OC my pc and now i want to learn how to OC it safely hopefully reaching GHz My system is self built by me and here are a few internals listed Intel i LGA GHz GA-X -USB mb gig OCZ DDR MHz Triple channel XTC will be removed XFX Radeon GPU x TB Samsung F HDD CoolMaster Silent Pro W PSU Antec with case fans xExhauts xIntakes On Order Corsair H Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler Corsair Memory Vengeance Black GB DDR MHz CAS XMP Triple Channel RAM Cpuz added for further info Now i know diddly squat about OC ing so i am at your mercy so to speak I figure there will be much reading and learning to do but i am prepared to listen and Upgraded now wanting to overclock learn so i get it right All i know is OC ing is usualy done in the bios to which i am not afraid to venture into with your guidence but Gigabyte also do a utility program called quot EasyTune quot which appears to easliy OC the system but i await your opinions on how to do this the correct way Any further screen shots or info i will get for you so here goes i guess lol Thanks for any advice info offered Regards Lee P S before you ask lol i need to max out the RAM and get the max out of my CPU for the high end D software i use for modeling and animation Texture maps and lighting are very CPU and RAM depenant nbsp

A:Upgraded now wanting to overclock

If your board comes with a UEFI BIOS and has an auto OC feature it's as easy as clicking a couple buttons and saving and restarting. If you want to manually tune your OC, you will have to basically do a little trial and error. What setting is best for one CPU and GPU may not be for another. You may get a 1.2Ghz OC on your CPU but an identical one may only get a 1.0GHz OC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-now-wanting-to-overclock.177843/
Relevancy 50.74%

i have an emachine et1831-05 and i only have a single core celeron at 2.2 ghz. can i upgrade to a dual core. the mother board supports lg775.

A:Et1831-05 can I upgrade my processor to dual core

It depends on the chipset used in the motherboard, power requirements of the new cpu and the old motherboard's ability to provide that power, and if the BIOS has any limitations added by the manufacture that may supersede the chipset design.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/et1831-05-can-i-upgrade-my-processor-to-dual-core.177801/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all...

I can't seem to get my rig stable ([email protected]) with 8GB (2X4) ddr3 corsair vengeance low profile black. MOBO is Asus P5P43TD pro. It is unstable @ 1.5v @1600MHz.

I have to set it at 1.6v - dropped it from 1.65v - was stable then decided different 2 months later!)

CPU seems unaffected - any ideas?

I am thinking PSU?

A:Voltage problem Q9550, dual-channel DDR3

I think the Vengeance LoPro only comes in 2 voltages 1.35V (White) and 1.5V @ 1600. Try one stick at a time in different slots to rule out bad RAM or RAM slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voltage-problem-q9550-dual-channel-ddr3.177555/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,
I have an annoying problem and some advice would be appreciated.
My office work PC is a Dell Vostro 410 win 7 and pretty up to date.
ATI raedon 3600 driver 8.850.0.0.
Main monitor is a viewsonic connected to graphics card with a cable and adapter to fit a socket that looks like HDMI but not quire. second monitor is old samsung 17in.

For quite a while when I booted up the main screen was black, if I turned it off and on while wiggling mouse and then quickly clicked a file it would stay on. Last few days when I turned on and off I got a brief glimpse of the desktop before black again.
I have unplugged monitor 2 and the main one works just fine.

Any Ideas much appreciated as I have got used to using 2 monitors and this is a pain.
Ta

A:Dual monitors -- main one is blank on startup

What happens when you boot into windows with only the main monitor plugged in then plug in the second?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-main-one-is-blank-on-startup.177422/