Windows Support Forum

Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

Q: Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I am looking to replace my tired Linksys WRT54G router that is about 10 years old. I love the router, and its even better with DD-WRT on it, but I'm starting to have troubles with the wifi dropping all the connects for a couple seconds when running all my wireless devices. I have 3 smart phones, 2 tablets, 1 Chromecast, a smart TV, and Roku + a laptop or 3 in my house right now, and it seems like its getting to be a bit much for it.
I have had to completely re-flash the firmware twice this year to get the wifi working again, so I'm thinking its time for replacement.
I have been thinking about just getting the new WRT54GL for $50, but I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade the wifi technology past wireless G .
I'm wondering if my Tablet (Nexu 9), and our smartphones (Razr HD Max) along with the Chromecast will take advantage of the new wireless standards and higher speeds or not? If they will can someone recomend a decent wireless router that takes DD-WRT nicely in the sub-$100 range? Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I been programming in Android/Linux since 2010 and there is code that supports VHT is Very High Throughput. Right now the standards are HT is High Throughput .

As for DD-WRT firmware is like your overclocking your router pushing it beyond the OEM limits. I use to use DD-WRT but had quit many years ago since the routers that used that firmware would fail too much.

So best to buy a better business type enterprise router wired then you can use WiFi router as AP or just get WiFi AP(access point). To me WiFi Router is also Wired Router, but to use just a wired router and use WiFi AP through a switch is better. If one or the other goes you can easy replace them. Where as if the WiFi Router fails you would need to replace it.

If you really want to use DD-WRT then Look at Buffalo WiFi Routers some come pre-installed with DD-WRT on them. Frankly you really don't need DD-WRT today because newer routers or WiFi routers are much better built and offer much more power NPU = network processor units and 128, 256, 512, 1GB of RAM some have Dual Cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-wifi-router-will-tablet-smartphone-take-advantage-of-new-wifi-standards.207572/
Relevancy 88.15%

Is there any benefit to using a USB WiFi dongle versus a smartphone for connecting my laptop to the internet when out?

Both would be using a mobile data package, so would be connecting to the same service I presume.

Is there any benefit to getting a WiFi dongle?

The phone I plan to use is the Moto G:
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g-5831.php

Thanks!

Relevancy 88.15%

My girlfriend just got a Motorola Triumph today with Virgin Mobile as the carrier Since we re in a bad spot for internet connectivity with Virgin Mobile s network we decided problems Smartphone wifi to try connecting the phone to Smartphone wifi problems our wireless router The phone connected just fine but when we tried to go to any websites it kept saying it couldn t connect to the site We ve tried restarting the phone and reactivating it as well as turning airplane mode on and off as I have seen working on a few other forums The G works all right as long as we don t wander in to any bad spots but the wifi refuses to work at all My dad Smartphone wifi problems also has a Blackberry through Sprint I think and that also refuses to work with our wireless routers We have two routers both set to open so it s not an issue of the wrong password or anything Laptops can connect wirelessly just fine SSID broadcast for the routers is turned on We ve tried restarting the routers as well The two routers are a Linksys and a Belkin unsure of the models at the moment If anyone has any ideas to try or any advice to offer it would be much appreciated If any more information is needed I ll be happy to provide it as soon as I can Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/smartphone-wifi-problems.1015719/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello

My laptop works fine on my network for 80% of the time but the rest of the time I get yellow triangle and the system says limited access. The annoying bit is that when this happens my smartphone is still connected to my wifi network and works perfectly so I can only assume there is a fault on the laptop. I take out the network adapter plug then plug it in and the laptop usually reconnects but sometimes it can take about half an hour!

My laptop is an acer aspire6935 and the operating system is windowsvista home premium. The wireless router is connected to a desktop via a yellow data cable.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:WiFi works on smartphone but not on laptop!

I take out the network adapter plug then plug it inClick to expand...

these are powerlines connecting between you and the router via the house electrical system - is that correct ?
if not what are they

do you have another PC - you can try on the same cable connection ?

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then con... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-works-on-smartphone-but-not-on-laptop.1078364/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 86%

Hi I m just trying to set up my first wireless network I ve been all over the net today and can find nothing that works or matches my configuration Ad Hocs seem to be up modem set w/smartphone trying network wifi to Solved: for connecting computers and routers are for dial up or broadband What I have is a desktop running XP with a wireless card I have a wireless printer and a wireless media player I have a SMC router but I see no way to configure it when its plugged it I don t see it anywhere My Acer Liquid E Smartphone is my modem Solved: trying to set up wifi network w/smartphone modem I have no hardline I have run the wizard on the desktop but my printer cannot see the network I created and Solved: trying to set up wifi network w/smartphone modem when I list wireless networks available to connect to my neighbours shows up but the one I created does not What am I missing If someone can point me at a step by step tutorial not video please my cell service is not good enough for streaming video I d be ecstatic nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Thanks for replies to my postings. I find many smartphone WiFI phone apps for non-windows smartphones.

I tried the following.

MobileVOIP, Wi-Fi Calling, 3CXPhone, https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Softphones

The above are not working with Windows Smartphone with WiFi in USA.

I like to pick the insight of this forum.

Thanks for helping.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400271-windows-smartphone-wifi-phone-options.html
Relevancy 86%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 86%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 84.28%

Actually my wifi adapter can catch all other wifi signal except my wifi router.

A:my notebook wifi adapter don't get my wifi router

There are several resons.1. The wifi signal might be too weak at the point where the computer is.2. Other device radiation/signals might be blocking it.3. Your router signal might be hodden (check EWS of router).4. Signal broadcasting might have been turned off on router. Since other signals are found on the computer, there shouldnt be a issue with your couputer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-notebook-wifi-adapter-don-t-get-my-wifi-router/td-p/5725324
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Netgear WGR614v9 router and was wondering if its possible to use this as a wireless adapter for my computer?? I think it might support the DDWRT open source firmware??? I am wanting to do this STRICTLY as a learning purpose.

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

i have posted this but no one has even viewed it as the title wasn't very good.

Anyway, i have 2 wifi routers, one in the lounge that is on internet, one in my room that is not.

i want them both to be able to supply internet.

the one in my room will just be used to ethernet internet into my PS3.

alternative is that i use the wifi on my laptop then ethernet my laptop to PS3, is this possible?

Relevancy 78.26%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all I was wondering why I'm getting slower WiFi speeds from my Stream Notebook compaired to my tablet or mobile phone? I recently had a speed upgrade from my ISP and I'm getting 51mb on my tablet/phone but seem to be getting 30mb on my Notebook... Is there anything I can do?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Slower-WiFi-than-my-Tablet/td-p/5619369
Relevancy 77.4%

I have Samsung Galaxy TAB 3 lite and Asus RT-N10LX router

it says "getting IP andress" forever this is fifth forum where I am asking for help,I am trying to fix this for months

A:WiFi tablet problem

You try and connect it asks for passkey and have you entered the right key tablets can be a pain as the passkey is case sensertive and tablets make the first letter capital if your not careful. Is it just your router can you connect to others ok. Have you got mac filtering turn on in the router

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/123698-wifi-tablet-problem.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I have a broadband connection and has ability to use WiFi. I need to connect WiFi in hcl me tablet (model:x1) and I do not know how to connect and when i searched net it says i need router or something like that for connecting WiFi. So,need help.

Relevancy 76.54%

speedtest.net with wifi connection on my laptop gives download of 2 MBPS but on my tablet a download of 20 MBPS. The laptop with ethernet connection also gives 20 MBPS.
I replaced the whole modem/router.

I uninstalled the wireless drive and let windows reinstall it (it's 2008 version)
I couldn't find the exact model on Toshiba website to install the drive.

I disabled encryption completely.

Nothing worked.

Could it be firewall/antivirus settings??????

Help please

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,
I have an old pc running win xp, and doesnot access wifi. Is there a way to connect this pc to internet through home wifi, laptop or tablet?
Thanks in advance

A:connect my old pc to wifi using tablet or laptop

You need a wireless Adapter or a crossover cable

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517957/connect-my-old-pc-to-wifi-using-tablet-or-laptop/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,
Please help if you can as I am about to go into panic mode!!

I have just recieved 3 notepad's that are for my kids on Christmas day. I have managed to get 2 of the 3 connected perfectly and have a connection of 65mb per second and the other one has a connection of 6mb per second!!
I am certainly no computer expert, I am very worried that 2 are working spot on and the other has something wrong with it!!
Is it something that could be set up wrong or is whatever makes the wifi connection faulty. Please advise if you can in anyway cos as it stands I am gonna have 2 very happy kids and one that is well disapointed!!

A:Help with WIFI connection on notepad tablet!!

how are they connected and where are you reading the signal
if wireless , then this may vary depending on signal - but if all three are the same note pad would expect the same signal speed

make and model of the notepad

run xirrus screen shot on each

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-wifi-connection-on-notepad-tablet.1032336/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi FASTER Bridge ethernet-->wifi using vs - MUCH Wifi with Bridge router there If you've a spare Wifi vs ethernet-->wifi Bridge using router - MUCH FASTER with Bridge old router which you can set up as a wifi bridge and connect a bit of LAN cable from Laptop into the Bridge router you'll generally get FAR better performance from even a cheap router Logic behind this is that most Wifi adapters are half duplex whereas a router is full duplex and throughput will be significantly better Another advantage is that you can still use GHZ band even if your PC or whatever only can handle GHZ wifi If your router doesn't have bridging facilities you can often do it by a firmware upgrade --for most routers try this www dd-wrt com Unleash Your Router Note --this is the Bridging router --not your main one that you use to connect to your ISP with --don't want to cause people to have inoperable boxes I've found using a Router as a bridge far better than having to have loads of LAN cable all round the house --and also antennae in wifi routers are hugely better than most built in Wifi cards so you can in a lot of cases avoid extra slowdown caused by wifi extenders In my quot man shed quot -- a good metres from the main house - could just about get Mib s on a very poor GHZ wifi signal from the wifi card Laptop now acceptable - still with GHZ wifi but using quot Bridged quot method with an old EDIMAX wifi port router Around Mib s still a lot slower by about X - I'm getting nearly Gb s download in main house on GHZ wifi --ISL has excellent Internet than in the main house but perfectly OK for streaming Football etc when friends are around and we're all drinking Beer etc -- no complaints from quot the Other quot about noise cheers of quot Goooooal quot clearing up etc etc Good even for a SLOW Ping -- remember I'm over metres away from my House and on GHZ Wifi -- GHZ not receivable at that distance added -- even if your PC laptop doesn't have a LAN connector it's still worthwhile doing this with a USB-- gt Lan adapter -- even a USB -- gt LAN works really well -- USB speed will easily handle Mib s and adapter can cost as little as EUR - those cheap Chinese unbranded ones work fine too I've had simultaneous connections through that Bridge router this way -- guys had laptops with no LAN cards - they used the adapters --all very happy USB quot -- gt LAN adapter-- gt Lan cable-- gt Port on Bridge router Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67451-wifi-vs-ethernet-wifi-bridge-using-router-much-faster-bridge.html
Relevancy 75.68%

When only the cable was working I checked for both adaptor driver's updates - 'they are already up to date'. Then the WiFi also stopped working. My adaptors are 'working'. I've been round their Properties Tabs and all is OK. MS diagnostics only say that there probably is a issue with the drivers. 3 other computers plus 3 tablets use the shared router's WiFi without any problems and only 2 are ever used at a time so it's not overloaded. The router is OK. I started the Lenovo Hardware scan but it just went on loading and never started for 12 minutes - a clue here? At least I can still use it offline. Luckily I have a PC to investigate, but as yet no luck even from another forum. Any help please  

A:WiFi and Ethernet on X201 Tablet now cannot connec...

I firgot to mention- I got this message - 'Windows couldn't automatically bind the ip protocol stack to the network adaptor' Of course I have googled this message but solutions there haven't been of help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/WiFi-and-Ethernet-on-X201-Tablet-now-cannot-connect-have-checked/td-p/3414347
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi team I have the on unable Wif connect to Tablet is available to Wifi is but Windows 10 user recently bought a new Tablet with Windows installed but unable to connect to wifi Description User has bought a new Sony Tablet with Windows installed Whenhe Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif search for a wifi he could see SSID available on Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif his machine and Signalstrength is good However when He clicks quot Connect quot The tablet willkeep being disconnected from the Wifi Network When other users who are on Tablet HP Desktop Laptop are able toconnect to Wifi Network with no issue When his machine is on the other location Airport MCDonald working fine Troubleshooting the troubleshooting that I have done are - Restart the device - Reinstall Old New Version of Wifi Drivers on the tablet - Disabled Firewall on Tablet Access Point - Disabled Password on Access Point - Restart the access point - Set the MAC Address to allow the tablet access to Wifi on AccessPoint - Set the IP Reservation for this Tablet - Set the Wireless LAN on Tablet to b n g None of the troubleshooting Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif above work for me Can you please advise

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32177-wifi-available-but-windows-10-tablet-unable-connect-wif.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi! I just got an Android Tablet for Christmas and set everything up - including my home WiFi connections. When I tried to connect, the WiFi connections read "error." I am so frustrated and don't know what to do! Help please!

A:Solved: Android tablet WiFi error

Where does it "read error"? What kind of screen? In settings? When trying to use a browser?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-android-tablet-wifi-error.1033021/
Relevancy 75.68%

Here s a problem that nobody seems to know the answer for with Android Wifi Tablet Solved: problem I have a home wifi that works great We have a couple notebooks and various other equipment printers etc that run on it great My problem is with my Asus eee Pad SL tablet I can connect to my wifi but can t get out to the internet My wifi router is the isp s Comcast and all the other devices can get on the internet except my tablet I also have a android phone LG Optimus V that can work as a hotspot and does I can connect my tablet to the hotspot on the phone and all works fine but a bit slower than my wifi in the house Both the hotspot and the wifi have security codes and both work fine just can t get the tablet to go out on the internet Now the really crazy part When I connect my tablet to the wife I get the challenge for the Solved: Wifi problem with Android Tablet password and then it connects to the router gets and IP address from DHCP and appears to be connected I can even go to the configuration on the router from the tablet and look at it The icon on the table stays grey the icon shows the strength of the signal and would normally turn blue when connected to the internet This I know because when I connect via my phone hotspot it does that turns blue I have checked the router configuration to insure that nothing is filtered out i e mac addresses etc When I look at what is connected on the router configuration I don t see the tablet When I do an IP scan from my notebook I see the tablet is connected and has a valid IP address issued from DHCP I have Comcast as an ISP and I tend not to call them because it always goes overseas and I can t understand them They always treat you like an idiot too and take you through steps to reset the router etc that aren t necessary I have even changed the DHCP IP addresses on my phone to the same as on my wifi to see if that made a difference and it doesn t seem to My hotspot was and my wifi is I made them both and it didn t change anything I changed the passwords to be the same for the encription but that didn t make any difference I looked for filters for Mac addresses etc and couldn t find any Any one have any ideas Thanks Jim nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi problem with Android Tablet

log into the router and remove the wireless security and now see if it connects and works - if it does - log nack in and put the security back on and see if it now connects and works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-problem-with-android-tablet.1076808/
Relevancy 75.68%

I've been having a weird problem. I had a TP-Link WR841N router which I replaced with a D-Link DIR-615 today. Before the replacement all my laptops, home desktop and my tablet would connect just fine. After the switch, all machines except the tablet connect to the Internet. My tablet shows that its connected to the router but I cannot access the router admin pages or the Internet. Any idea what could be happening here? All settings on the DIR-615 are the same as the TP-Link one.

A:Solved: Can't get my tablet to connect to my home wifi

Assuming everything is running some version of Windows, please post the IPCONFIG /ALL command line results for one computer that has a working connection and for the tablet that is having the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-my-tablet-to-connect-to-my-home-wifi.1079334/
Relevancy 75.25%

How would one set up a home wifi network with a non-wifi router? I have a router for my voip phone but it is not wireless. Do I just add a wireless card to my main PC?

I do not want to remove my current router. None of the wifi routers I have looked at have VOIP ports on the back.

Will adding a wifi PCI card do the trick? Most of the wifi cards show them in use with a wifi router.

A:wifi with non-wifi router

what about a wifi access point that plugs into an ethernet port on your existing router?

you can use a wifi card to do the same, but its a bit fiddly..

by the way, is it just to network pc's only?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-with-non-wifi-router.51270/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello everyone, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 on my Thinkpad Yoga (first generation) with clean install. Everything works fine except wifi in tablet mode. Every time I twist my yoga (i.e. go into tablet mode physically) wifi stops working. When I twist against to laptop again, wifi comes back. Does everyone knows this issue? Thanks a lot for your time. Greeting from Germany

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-amp-Windows-10-No-WiFi-in-tablet-mode/td-p/3353278
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys i recently bought a windows tablet from Onda that came with full licenced windows didnt upgrade from anything and i reset it as soon as id finished fiddling about with it and testing it so i could set it up fresh it worked perfectly before resetting it and it connected to my wifi fine but after it wont find any internet connections and when i click the wifi icon in the corner it says connections unavailable ive tried the reg delete thing as doesnt tablet windows work 10 after Wifi resetting it has vpn on it and i googled around trying to find a fix one of which suggested if you upgrade from windows that vpn breaks the wifi so this might be similar however the command prompt didnt find the reg key thing it was supposed to delete so that was Wifi doesnt work after resetting windows 10 tablet a no go ive tried diagnosing connection problems and it resets the wifi adaptor but nothing improves ive Wifi doesnt work after resetting windows 10 tablet also tried updating the wifi driver but it says its already up to date and i cant connect to the internet on it to search for another adaptor ive contacted Onda but theyve just offered to replace it if i send this back which im a bit wary of doing as they might just deny recieving the item and im out whatever it costs to send to china tracked could anyone please help me this was what i tried Step- Execute the following command and then press Enter reg delete HKCRCLSID f -a ad- bf- - cbbc ba va f Step- Enter the bellow command and press Enter netcfg -v -u dni dne it couldnt find the reg to delete

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/33656-wifi-doesnt-work-after-resetting-windows-10-tablet.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello, i noticed that when i'm turned on laptop to tablet mode (physically) wifi stops working or wifi signal becoming very low.  I'm using Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14. Maybe you have a solution for this problem?

A:Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14, wifi problem on tablet mo...

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of your Thinkpad Yoga 14?
Are you using Windows 10?

I may suggest you first to try to update the Wifi drivers and maybe some other of the system driver of you Yoga.
Here are my general tips:

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches
2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.
3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"
4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers (use the full model number of your Thinkpad).

After that we can try a little bit more. For example I also like to test it on some other Wifi networks just to be sure it is not a compatibility issue with the Wifi Router.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-14-wifi-problem-on-tablet-mode/td-p/3426981
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello, I have the X201 ThinkPad. I lost my WIFI connection a several times. But now I lost it and afther rebooting my thinkpad it won't work again.I installed drivers, but nothing works...is there anyone with the same problem? I have Windows 10.. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X201-Tablet-Laptop-ThinkPad-lost-WIFI-connection/td-p/3355247
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,

I have a PC connected to a smc router (smc networks wbr14-g2) I have my internet modem connected to this router so I can have a strong wifi connection (my internet modem is pretty far away).

I configured the wifi signal, I added a WEP key, etc. Now I can connect my smartphone easily and has a strong internet connection, but my PC doesn't, it recognizes the signal, it connects to it, but it tells me that I have no internet access.

It seems strange to me that my smartphone can connect to internet, even play netflix, but my PC can't.

Any tips?

I have windows 7 operating system.

Thanks

A:WiFi Working on smartphone. Not working on PC

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if completely removing all settings for the router fixes the issue.

Also have you tired to change the security to WPA 2 Personal?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-working-on-smartphone-not-working-on-pc-867162.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I am a bit of a hard time with routers on one network IP + dynamic Issues = with ADSL Wifi Router Router and unfortunately as things stand now they both have to be there So I just got ADSL and the only modem option available to me was one with a -port wired router I hooked that up into my existing network of about computers laptops and desktops which Wifi Router + ADSL Router = Issues with dynamic IP is connected by another -port WiFi router I started out with my only Wifi Router + ADSL Router = Issues with dynamic IP goal of hooking of these computers to the internet after I got the DSL by some MAC filtering configured in the WiFi router But having the DSL modem router has created another issue I am using separate IP gateways for both the routers which are in the same subset I can connect to both of them from all my machines The problem is I don t have any control over which computer connects to what router I am trying to avoid setting each PC up with a static IP that needs internet access Here is my setup in more detail My ADSL router is and my WiFi router is and both have the subnet My ADSL connection has dynamic IP and the modem router is connected into a LAN port on the WiFi router I have tried disabling DHCP on the modem router and changed my WiFi router IP to that of the modem which was counter productive to no avail Someone mentioned MAC address cloning but I am not sure if it will work in this setup Since I configured this I am seeing quite a few IP conflicts which are probably my fault as I didn t check when I was setting up static IP on computers that needed internet access I just want these routers to work in harmony if possible Can I just use one of them as a DHCP server I do not want to use static IP for any computer whether or not it connects to the internet Right now I am using it for computers that want access to the internet by guiding them to right gateway and the computers that need not be connected just have auto IP configured I would rather use MAC filters for this I am going to stop typing now before I dream about this mess I have on my hands Any help here will be welcome Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello one and all I am sincerely hoping someone can assist with my little networking problem as i m tearing my hair out now Here at work we have a Vigor Modem Router hosting our connection to the world It was originally on DHCP amp the computers amp printers found their own IP addresses without problem We added a Linksys router via ethernet to a lan port not the wan in another area of the yard This on Adding wifi a static IP to router router was fine also on DHCP and connecting wirelessly from a laptop or mobile phone was a doddle Then our oh so wonderful IT geek Adding a wifi router to router on static IP decided to put the Vigor on a Static IP along with all the computers connected to it This has some how cut off the wifi capability of the Linksys router now It is basically acting as a hub for two laptops and nothing else In simplistic terms with some detail what settings need changing on the Linksys if any The Adding a wifi router to router on static IP Vigors internal IP is Linksys is both on subnet I have been advised to set the Linksys to a static IP on the Internet Connection option but what set of figures do i need for that Fingers crossed Stonkin nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Guys This is Viral I am using an Acer laptop model ASPIRE since the last five years There haven't been much issues with it restor 5100 intel Issues is r as systm installed WiFi link after wifi not d with except for the battery and thats it But recently since last two weeks I noticed that my Wifi would stop blinking after sometime after I start my laptop and then it wouldn't work even when I try to turn on and turn off the Wifi switch it doesn't respond anything I tried searching the net for this issue using my office laptop and found that a system restore would help to solve this issue Since I remembered that I updated Java as well as there was this ad software which got installed and I had unistalled it So I did a system restore and then when I opened the device manager I am not able to see intel r wifi link driver on it I tried restarting my laptop and did everything and couldn't find the driver it was there before Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor the system restore But later on the same day the driver got installed automatically and the WiFi started working but only for a couple of minutes after the restart and then it stopped So I did the system restore again to the date when everything was working perfectly and when i did that again my intel r wifi link driver is not shown on the device manager network adapters I don't if it would automatically get installed or not but its sure Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor that the WiFi issue still be there So can you please help with this issue Help me get the intel r wifi link driver back Help me the solve the WiFi issue as the WiFi light goes Off It would be grateful if any of you guys could help me out this issue since I am applying for further studies and require the internet connection in the night for filling the forms I have the office laptop but all my documents and my Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor software are there in my personal laptop Please help me sir My machine info Processor - Intel Core Duo CPU T GHZ Memory - GB System type - bit operating system Windows Vista Home Premium

A:Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor

Select Model, Select Operating System, Download your Drivers

There is also a hardware detection tool to assist you.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

If the software is listed in add/remove programs; Uninstall it.

If the device is listed in device manager; uninstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541806/issues-with-wifi-as-intel-r-wifi-link-5100-is-not-installed-after-d-systm-restor/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have recently bought a new pci wifi lan card Ralink rt turbo and have plugged in and installed drivers Initially the drivers the company I bought it from 7 any Ralink WiFi not windows RT61 card, signals wifi Lan receiving told me to install didn't work but after some googling found the correct drivers and downloaded from Ralinks website However these didn't work either When using the Ralink wireless utility it says that the card is disconnected however in device manage it is both connect Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals and the correct drivers installed and everything is perfectly fine I ignored the wireless utility and hoped that windows would still be able to use the wireless card as past experiences have shown to be true This case however I get nothing Windows says that the Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals wireless card is experiencing problems it doesn't show any of the routers that should be shown I have been looking around a lot and there have been several drivers Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals that should have worked and they haven't I would have thought that the antenna is broken or the card doesn't work however when I use it with ubuntu instead of windows it works perfectly fine without any hassle so the card is definitely working Any advice that anyone can give on how to resolve this would be very welcome Thanks Aieden

A:Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals

Have a look at this thread.

Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236001-ralink-rt61-wifi-lan-card-windows-7-not-receiving-any-wifi-signals.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 68.37%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 68.37%

The thing is that I want a n router, a wifi one. Now I want QoS and good port forwarding since is going to be for gaming. Also it has to have good coverage.
Also I have heard about some that come with a USB extension for a hard drive so you can have a newtowork hard drive. Is that true or you need a nas hdd for that?

So as you can see I would appreciate a lot of feedback, some models, brands, links, etc. It's all going to help.

Thanks guys.

Relevancy 68.37%

So currently i have a Netgear WNR2000V4 and it sucks! the speed of it drops from 60mbps to 20mbps and stays there. even after reboot. it sucks and nothing will fix it.

so im in the lookings for a new router. im looking to spend less then $70. anyone know of a really good 300mbps router? i will be connecting 10+ devices to it at all times.

i was looking into these but open to suggestions:

D-Link Xtreme Gigabit Wireless N300 Router (DIR-655) - Newegg.com

TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND Wireless N Gigabit Router Up to 300Mbps/ USB port x1/ Detachable Antenna x3/ IP QoS/ QSS Button - Newegg.com

Relevancy 68.37%

I am using virtual router+ in my laptop....and using wifi with my xperia L.....but for a few days after connecting wifi with my phone it's not working...it just works for a second then autometically disconneted......its neither my mobile problem nor software it just a problem of my laptop.....please give me a solution.....what should I do?????????????

A:Wifi router

Simplest and easiest solution is the get a "real" wireless router & connect your laptop & phone accordingly.

Need a few questions answered before we can really help you further because there are too many vague things in your initial question...

Who is the ISP?
Did the ISP provide you with a cable modem or DSL modem? Does it have built in WIFI?
How did you setup the wifi from the virtual router software? WEP, WPA, etc?
Is the laptop connected to cable/dsl via wire or is it wireless? if it's wireless then for God's sake just use that wifi for your phone as well!
Is the laptop a PC or Mac? What version of Windows or Mac OS X are you running?

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-router.198600/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was selected to participate in the FCC's broadband tests facilitated by Sam Knows (SamKnows - Building a broadband measurement solution for Europe and America)

They are suposed to be sending a Netgear WNR3500L and I would like to know how it stacsk up against the NetGear WNR1000v2 (Wireless N 150 Router)

Thank you for your help

A:Can you tell me which is the better Wifi router?

Well you could do a side by side comparrision and decide what you think. Here's the WNR3500L Answer

Then the WNR1000 v2 Answer

Check the specs and look at the forum questions and problems.
Just a thought
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/138226-can-you-tell-me-better-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 68.37%

What wifi router should i get for windows 7? if it helps i have a lenovo tower. thanks

Relevancy 68.37%

can i connnect 2 computer (1pc and 1 laptop) wirelessly without a router. if so what do i need and slo do any of you guys know of any good wifi tools about that are free. thanks

Relevancy 68.37%

Windows 10 trendnet tew711br TWC ethernet connection

Worked ok at first than I forgot password and tried to reset. Now all I can get is ethernet and cannot connect to chromecast or other devices. Wifi sign is there but it remains on ethernet. Help and thanks.

Relevancy 68.37%

Have a verizon router actiontec mi424wr all of the sudden I cannot conect to the internet thru wifi I have directv 2 laptops and a cell phon and now nothing will connect to the internet had verizon send me a new router and still same problem. I get 2 messages one connection is limited and the other not valid ip address. can anyone help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-wifi-help.1163874/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Belkin wireless router. I have a Belkin wireless print server. The router is not connected to the Internet because where I live, only has WIFI service. Which means I also have a Linksys Speed Booster,WUSBG54 to connect to the internet. My problem is that my print server will only print if the CAT 5E is connected from my laptop to the router. At that point I lose my Internet connection. I have to unplug the CAT 5E from the back to gain Internet access.
Is this the way it has to be?

A:WIFI Router

Configure the router and get the wireless printer to work. Through the router, (it should not need the internet to print), Then Configure the wireless adapter to connect to the internet. Not sure, but it should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-router.477205/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys So what i'm trying to do is create a hotspot computer wifi built-in with Wifi card. Creating wifi hotspot using my computer In other words turning my computer into a router I'm wanting to do this so i can use my ipod at home instead of only when i'm around other wifi hotspots My computer Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card. is running off of a wired router so that i can play online on my PS as well I was told wifi doesn't work well with Ps 's normally so i just bought a wired router So the mainline internet cord is plugged into a wired router and then another line runs into my computer For some reason after i make an adhoc connection the computer is not sending the required information to the iPod so that it connects to the internet I've tried entering in the information into the Static tab in my ipod as well and still only get Local Connection instead of Local and Internet This is what my connection looks like through the router using ipconfig all Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kyle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Crommy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List twinvalley net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F- A- -BA-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - B- -F -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f aed f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December Cromwel l Lease Expires Tuesday December Cromwe ll Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- D- - A- - B- -F -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description isatap twinvalley net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B C D -A E - DF -BEA -BC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f f fe b Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe f f fe b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes now when i look at other people's ipconfig all they do not have any of theese quot tunnel adapters quot as i have not sure if that has anything to do with it or not thanks for any and all tips

A:Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card.

Hi Cromsy,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as that. You are connected to the router fine with your computer, but that tells us nothing about the ipod because wireless is off (but that's not the whole story either - you need something extra to do what you want). The following article should tell you what you need and how to do it: How to Connect iPod Touch to Windows 7 Ad-hoc Wireless Network. Although it says Windows 7, there are procedures for Vista as well (and the software will work with Vista).

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286359-creating-wifi-hotspot-built-computer-wifi-card.html
Relevancy 68.37%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 68.37%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 68.37%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am considering using a powerline system to give me additional wifi cover, but I am unclear how the available wifi connection is protected. They make a great deal of encrypting the traffic over the power circuit, but no mention is made of protecting the wifi connection. Surely, the risk with these is the same as with a wireless router?

Anyone got any experience of this?

A:Wifi over Powerline - security - e.g. Devolo dLAN 500 Mbps WiFi

They did a review of it here Devolo dLAN 500 AV Wireless+ Review | Expert Reviews.

In the review they mention it comes with a default password that you can change later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310448-wifi-over-powerline-security-e-g-devolo-dlan-500-mbps-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

'Hello this is my first post here so I am sorry if anything is confusing The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me in order to solve my problem A few days ago my laptop was working perfectly fine But then I turned my Taskbar wifi to turned white and detect unable wifi computer off the next day everything started up as normal with Windows Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then the network connecter won't automatically start So I was left without internet for a bit Whats more I noticed that the taskbar which was always semi-transparent before is now white As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open turned into blue Is computer Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi has always ran Windows as far as I am aware but e way the taskbar and the title bars are behaving reminds me of windows xp I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel and tried to quot Connect to a network quot But it didn't detect any wifi servers Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used and I am using wifi on that server at this moment When I tried to use troubleshoot on my quot internet connections quot it first showed me that the issue was quot The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running quot but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again it doesn't show any problems detected And with the problem of the taskbar I tried to search solutions and found some I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on quot personalize quot And my sources tol me to select an aero theme However all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out and I am unable to select any of them The only theme that I am able to select is my quot unsaved theme quot which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it and the bottom which is the white portion and has a black bar across it All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now would somebody please help me Alnost all other programs are functioning fine but the wifi Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi is not connecting Oh and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness All help are thanked BTW I wrote this on my iPad mini

A:Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Zero

'Hello, this is my first post here, so I am sorry if anything is confusing.

The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me, in order to solve my problem

A few days ago, my laptop was working perfectly fine. But then, I turned my computer off, the next day, everything started up as normal, with Windows 7 Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then, the network connecter won't automatically start. So I was left without internet for a bit. Whats more, I noticed that the taskbar, which was always semi-transparent before, is now white. As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open, turned into blue!

Is computer has always ran Windows 7 as far as I am aware, but e way the taskbar, and the title bars, are behaving, reminds me of windows xp.

I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem. I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel, and tried to "Connect to a network". But it didn't detect any wifi servers! Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used, and I am using wifi on that server at this moment!

When I tried to use troubleshoot on my "internet connections", it first showed me that the issue was "The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running" but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again, it doesn't show any problems detected

And with the problem of the taskbar, I tried to search solutions, and found some. I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on "personalize". And my sources tol me to select an aero theme. However, all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out, and I am unable to select any of them. The only theme that I am able to select is my "unsaved theme", which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it, and the bottom, which is the white portion, and has a black bar across it. All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable...

I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now, would somebody please help me? Alnost all other programs are functioning fine, but the wifi is not connecting(Oh, and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness)

All help are thanked!

BTW, I wrote this on my iPad mini

No idea what the problem might be but it doesn't sound good.

Have you considered using System Restore to take your system back to when it was working correctly?

This would be by far the easiest way to fix this type of problem, the link shows you how.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286373-taskbar-turned-white-wifi-unable-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I have a Gateway NV52L15 notebook and I am having problems with my WiFi access. I have Windows 8. My wireless networks are not showing up. When I troubleshoot the network adapter, I get a messAge that reads that my wireless capability is turned off. When I go to the Gateway Device fast lane, my WiFi is on. But when I look in networks it as shows WiFi off and I am unable to turn it on that way. When I go to wireless devices in pc settings, the toggle button for the wire device is grey, therefore I am unable to switch it on- It used to work.

Also, while in the Gateway Device fast lane, when I press the F3 key the airplane mode goes on...the WiFi goes off...by comes right back on. Please help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29653-wifi-toggle-switch-greyed-out-unable-turn-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Dear Forum nbsp I have not used the forum before and I am not very technically minded I have seen several posts and replies from members who nbsp have been dealing with nbsp a similar problem to me and I believe I nbsp have tried the solutions posted but nothing has worked so far nbsp I have a Compaq Presario CQ - SA Notebook lost 480SA 10 ... - install notebook after CQ57 wifi wifi - Win PC - Model B V EA nbsp I think it was bought in It was running Win and worked properly but I upgraded to Win in July and since then and despite a complete re-install there is no wireless functionality at all no wireless icon etc The physical wireless switch will not do anything except turn 'Airplane mode' on and off I have surfed various websites and the HP site and think that it maybe the wireless adapter but I am not sure I think my wireless adapter is aManufacturer Realtek Semiconductor Corp Description Realtek RTL CE b g n WiFi AdapterDriver version Driver date Physical address - - A- F-DB- DFile version CQ57 480SA notebook - wifi lost after Win 10 install - wifi ... nbsp I downloaded Piriform Speccy to identify my laptop's components in case this helps Operating System - Windows Home -bitCPU - Intel Celeron B GHz nbsp - Sandy Bridge nm TechnologyRAM - GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard - Hewlett-Packard CPU Graphics - Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics HP Storage - GB Seagate ST LM HN-M MBB SATA Optical Drives - hp DVDRAM GT NAudio - Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp Best Regards nbsp - Renard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CQ57-480SA-notebook-wifi-lost-after-Win-10-install-wifi/td-p/5772244
Relevancy 68.37%

hi
i have two wifi networks,
wifi 1 >> is on 192.168.1.x ip scheme and windows connects to it fine,
wifi 2 >> is on 192.168.43.x ip scheme
and when i disconnect from wifi 1 to connect to wifi 2, windows still shows old ip scheme of 192.168.1.x ip address and i cannot connect to wifi 2 properly. I have to set its ip address manually and then only i can access that network. other devices (phone, tablet) connects fine while switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2, so dhcp is working fine on both wifi.
any suggestions welcome.
thanks

A:switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2 doesnot assign proper ip address

Quote: Originally Posted by roshanrbb

hi
i have two wifi networks,
wifi 1 >> is on 192.168.1.x ip scheme and windows connects to it fine,
wifi 2 >> is on 192.168.43.x ip scheme
and when i disconnect from wifi 1 to connect to wifi 2, windows still shows old ip scheme of 192.168.1.x ip address and i cannot connect to wifi 2 properly. I have to set its ip address manually and then only i can access that network. other devices (phone, tablet) connects fine while switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2, so dhcp is working fine on both wifi.
any suggestions welcome.
thanks

I couldnt understand your Problem Completly.
But as per me researving IP address for your Computer in the Next router would solve your Problem.
Also please check if the router 2 has DHCP enabled in it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367011-switching-wifi-1-wifi-2-doesnot-assign-proper-ip-address.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I have a XPS i QHD purchased refurbished from rd party recently installed clean W The Dell tool indicates to me that I should be installing Network Driver WD T WN A EXE Installing I get failure log at the bottom Via Device Manager as mentioned the WiFi adapter under Network is not there scanning for hardware changes does not help I have tried manually installing inf files but I don t get any options under quot Model quot when nbsp I try to install it through legacy hardware I m starting to think nbsp the Wifi Bluetooth component is either faulty or entirely missing from the vendor nbsp I have not opened it up and wouldn t know how / WiFi in Drivers not Device Manager, install WiFi can't Bluetooth to diagnose this myself WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers I ve attached a separate wifi dongle which works as does connecting to Ethernet via nbsp a USB adapter Any other ideas of what it could be Thanks --- nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers N A miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers N A nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe quot vLOGFILE quot C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp quot quot nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp ASCII payload log file detected nbsp Installation log file for quot DW WLAN Card quot Log Starts on Date - - Time GetOSInfo Detected Windows GetOSInfo Product Type Business PreInstallSetup Using ini file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp A - D - -BF A- F F DD B - - -BC -A BF bcmwls ini Using inf file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp BcmWLSetup Drivers WinThresh WL bcmwdi inf Installation root C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card OEM is Dell Driver interface is PCI HW detection for installer ResultCode Hardware id is not found in driver inf Either the device is not present or the device is not supported InstallShield script aborting Entering function CreateEventLog Exiting function CreateEventLog Log ends on Date - - Time nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp logo png nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Network Driver WD T WN A txt nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C NEWFOL miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o ... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963521
Relevancy 68.37%

So for the past day or so im trying to get the WiFi working on this laptop,didnt succeeded yet. I tryed the f10,f9,f10 ,not working.  HP Wireless Assistant doesnt eaven have any options in it when i instal him. Tryed to manualy instal drivers says its up to date and still not working.Name of the wireless adapter is Railink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter. Hardware IDs:PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103CPCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_028000PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_0280  So any help would be nice.Ty in front,CroMatt  

A:WiFi button not working,WiFi option in mobility center is gr...

Hi To see what drivers are in use, you can try... Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator, and type....  netsh wlan show drivers C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show driversInterface name: WiFi 2    Driver                    : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    Vendor                    : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Provider                  : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Date                      : 21/09/2015    Version                   : 2023.18.814.2015    INF file                  : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem35.inf    Files                     : 2 total                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll    Type                      : Native Wi-Fi Driver    Radio types supported     : 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b================================================= netsh wlan show interfaces C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXX1111111    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72 &n... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-button-not-working-WiFi-option-in-mobility-center-is/td-p/5610909
Relevancy 68.37%

Wifi not connected and wifi button stay orange what I do tu resolve this problem... im so ............ plz help I try many mathods but they didn't work .........I need my wifi back....

A:wifi button light stay.orange and wifi.not connected

And I have HP 1000 notebook PC......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-button-light-stay-orange-and-wifi-not-connected/td-p/5609896
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,

i just received my new PC with a brand new Gigabyte UD3H Wifi motherboard and a HD7950 GPU.

I installed all the drivers available from the Gigabyte website for some reason the wifi function simply does not work. Also, the screen plugged into the 7950 works fine but the other screen connected into the motherboard gets the message "no signal detected".
How can i fix this?

A:Gigabyte UD3H Wifi doesn't detect WiFi or second screen

Also, when I try to install the VGA drivers from gigabyte, I get the message "PC does not meet minimum requirements"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254155-gigabyte-ud3h-wifi-doesnt-detect-wifi-second-screen.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows The issue now is I can't enable Wifi The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it It looks like it is fine However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to quot Off quot and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off eg I can't enable it HP is now help as they clearly state enable Upgrade Win10 after WiFi Can't Issue: Dreaded WiFi any laptop bought prior to specific date in will not get any driver updates from their side for windows Guys never buy HP again please And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available The Wifi card i Broadcom GN card I searched for win drivers but did not find anything They only offer linux drivers on their homepage So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win ' driver for this wifi card

A:Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42424-dreaded-win10-wifi-issue-cant-enable-wifi-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a NetGear WNDR330 wireless N dual requency router,using Comcast cable,works well is fast. Lately,on boot up to Dell XPS1530 it is taking about 2 minutes to connect used to take 15 seconds. Did update to Service Pack 2 last week.

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-router-connectivity.834849/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi evrybody! i am new here and my english is not very good, sorry)Please help me,- what to do? i got a new HP notebook, we instoled Windows 8.1, and at home i tryed to connect it to wifi. The problem is: only very close to the router- my new PC can see it, and when i go as far as let say 3-5 m- no wifi and even its dosnt see any network/ ( my DELL- old one- even can see others wifi from the street, and can be connected to my network evrewhere in my 3 levels  house/ its a big problem for me- i cant seet next to the router only to stay conected to wifi/My rouer is new also and good/ Smthg wrong with my new HP or it can be fixed somehow? thank u  for cleaf advise!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/pc-dosnt-see-wifi-far-from-router/td-p/5793535
Relevancy 67.94%

I opened the router and followed the instructions for set up. Once plugges in , it popped up as an option in my network however when I went to set it up and start to use it , there was a connection problem from the website. It suggested that I unplug and reset the router and so I did. Once i did that, the connection no longer appeared at all. I am now having trouble with the router connecting period. Please help , as I really need to be able to access wifi in my house

A:Connecting wifi router to Mac

whats the make and model of the router
How is it connected to the internet - do you have a separate modem or is this router also a combination modem/router
who is your ISP and did they supply the router

Do you only have a Mac available ?
any PCs or other devices ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wifi-router-to-mac.1158411/
Relevancy 67.94%

In the past, I had a linksys wifi g modem router. Never had a problem.

Beg of this year I went for Wifi n and selected the Netgear DGN 3500 modem router. A disaster, always crashing down.

So I am looking to replace it for either a modem router or only router which support:
- Wifi N and G
- Glan (at least 2 ports)
- one USB for a network USB HDD.

Any advice?

A:advice for best wifi n router

This is what I have been using for a couple of years: Dlink DIR-655. It fits your criteria and it has been reliable. Costs about $100.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/96825-advice-best-wifi-n-router.html
Relevancy 67.94%

A friend purchased a new laptop and signed up for Clearwire broadband That is broadband broadcast from an antenna router wifi Waterproof and he is at the very edge of the transmit range Waterproof wifi router about miles from the antenna Waterproof wifi router They provide a modem indicating signal strength one to five bars The only place at his homesite to get over one strength bar is at the far end of his exterior deck There is a waterproof modem made to match the Clearwire broadcast and an electrical plug is available on the deck The problem is connecting that exterior modem to a computer located inside the house It seems there are three choices hardwire the modem with a long cord to the PC through a window hardwire the modem to a router inside the house with a long cord through a window hardwire the modem to an EXTERNAL ROUTER with a short cord no wiring into the house I searched Google for waterproof router with poor results-everything from bedpans to waterproof paints for router carved furnature HELP-can someone aim me toward a waterproof router or enclosure suitable to house an external router nbsp

A:Waterproof wifi router

Get a water proof electrical box and house it in there and mount an external antenna. Or run the cat 5 under the deck to the house. One run would not be that hard to pull and terminate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/waterproof-wifi-router.636185/
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm going to re-format my C: drive in the next few days. The computer's slow as anything and it keeps crashing alot.

I run a WiFi router from it, to serve as a connection for my laptop. I presume I will have to re-install the drivers and set-up from scratch. What settings should I look at writing down so all this is easier to do? It took me ages to get it up and running first time. I run Zone Alarm.

A:WiFi router set-up after format

Well, unless you have a very unusual configuration, your router or the connection to the laptop should not be affected at all. If you have a wired connection to the desktop, the default TCP/IP configuration after the install will connect just fine. Obviously, you'll have to configure ZoneAlarm to allow access, that that's not anything to do with the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-router-set-up-after-format.370534/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi All We have been using an unlimited data plan Tether on my win-ph cell phone for Internet in the house That's -PCs -tablets and -phone all using Wifi for Internet We have had zero problems internally but the cellular service is less than stellar so I have had the ADSL reconnected I am wondering if buying AC-wifi a or not? router new - Buying a new AC-Wifi router makes sense but then I read this page What is the actual real-life speed of wireless networks SG Buying a new AC-wifi router - or not? FAQ The thing being that the devices we are connecting to the Wifi-AP are all M G or N toys So I have gone back to the old trusty Buffalo -dual band DD-Wrt router and a Actiontec ADSL Modem as it seems more than adequate for Buying a new AC-wifi router - or not? our household needs I do have a TP-Link N modem router but the G band stopped working after three months and TP-Link have been moronically useless at fixing it I have turned off Wifi switch on back and just use it as a router for the home network I guess I could turn Wifi back on and disable the GHz band in setup Is the Actiontec modem GT D-NF likely to be a strangle-point Would the TP-Link N have better modem performance Thoughts and suggestions Thanks

A:Buying a new AC-wifi router - or not?

Only if you plan on streaming media off of a server, or have the option of getting Gb Internet in your area. Otherwise, just a waste of money.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53839-buying-new-ac-wifi-router-not.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Ive only had causes cut to HP router wifi notebook in out and my computer for a few weeks nbsp When I first started HP notebook causes wifi router to cut in and out using it it was very slow and the wifi kept cutting in and out nbsp I thought it was an issue with just my computer until everyone in my house was having the HP notebook causes wifi router to cut in and out same problem I was having nbsp Cutting off at the same time nbsp So I thought it was the router we never had any problems before I got this computer nbsp But I HP notebook causes wifi router to cut in and out thought about it and noticed that the time I got the computer was the same time we started to have router problems nbsp So I turned my computer off for a day nbsp NO router problems for any of the other computers nbsp I turn it back on for a day router problems for everyone nbsp nbsp I homeschool so my computer is vital to my kids schooling nbsp Because there computers are connected to mine to do school wirelessly nbsp So right now I have it hooked up to my router by ethernet cable very inconvient this way cause these really no safe place to put my computer where the router is set up nbsp And it works great on just the cable nbsp No wifi cut offs for anyone esle either nbsp So my computer is causing the Wifi crashing nbsp I have done all my Windows and HP updates nbsp And have updated my wireless driver Realtrk RTL EE nbsp Wifi rounter info Huawel Technologies Model HG eCompter specs HP Notebook Windows bit Intel i U GB memory TB Hard Drive

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-notebook-causes-wifi-router-to-cut-in-and-out/td-p/5657923
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, Could anyone suggest me a great wifi N router? Something not too expensive. Maybe sub-$100 range. Two things that are most important to me - range and connection stability. I'm not too big on throughput and I dont stream any video wirelessly. I've heard a lot about the D-link DIR 655. Its one of the oldest around and seems to be still quite popular.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-decent-wifi-n-router.978549/
Relevancy 67.94%

I guys, heres my configuration

modem (wired)---->TW100-S4W1CA (wired)---->Nexxt Nebula 150

I want to have a wifi connection trhough the nebula for laptops, ipad y cellphones, but i can only get to the nebula setup screen and no wireless connection

Can u help?

Thanks
Reuben

Relevancy 67.94%

Admittingly, I know little about networking and WiFi routers.

But I can't help wonder why two lights (labeled Wireless and Ethernet) flash on my Linksys WiFI router when my PC works on a document, searches for a file, or performs other routine functions that don't involve accessing the Internet or LAN.

Is it paranoid to think that information being transmitted despite a firewall and anti-virus software that claims my PC is clean? Or are these router lights flash for reasons other than indicating transmission? Note: they don't flash when the Ethernet cable is disconnected from the PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 67.94%

I have the linksys WAP11 router and only one computer (laptop(MAC)) works on it at a time. I called Linksys but they say I have to pay $ to get the answer ( I am out of warranty period). Any advice. I am using two MAC's and have my modem connecting to my Wireless Access Point WAP11 wifi router.

A:How do I use 2 laptops on one wifi router?

It looks like the WAP11 is only an Access Point. Do you have a router connected as well? The router allows you to have mulitple computers online at the same time. Right now you are only connected through your modem, which allows 1 computer to connect at a time.

You need to get a router if you do not have one. Once you have a router, you can post back and we will help you set it up.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-use-2-laptops-on-one-wifi-router.77515/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a pocket wi-fi being shared by 3 laptops.. I want to connect a Zyxel Wireless N-lite Home Router so that I can also plug-in other LAN connected devices, e.g. VOIP phone. Is there a way to connect it or are there other devices I need for this internetworking. By the way, currently the router is connected to WiMAX broadband modem which I want disconnected already due to low available bandwidth.

The laptops OS are XP, Vista and Windows 7 and MacOS.

Thanks very much guys and more power to you.

Relevancy 67.94%

I'm using a DLink router for my wifi and use the Internet on my new iPhone 6+. On my speedtest app I am getting both a download and upload speed that seems adequate. The Ping is showing as 13ms. Despite this any image opens very slowly or not at all. Outside my home, images open without an issue, hence not a phone problem. What could be the issue here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-router-problem.1167431/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have one of those motherboards which has an AC WiFI Adapter built on it... http://images.anandtech.com/doci/827...-ITX%20Top.jpg

That one to be exact.
Now I've followed these steps;

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NAME key=PASSWORD
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Putting those into CMD and it comes up fine as told in the tutorial.
The problem comes however in turning sharing on, this then turns my internet on the Ethernet port off, it'll say something like it being limited and stays on Unidentified Network forever on that Ethernet port. As soon as I turn sharing off on the Virtual Wifi connection I've made, the Ethernet internet then goes back to normal and I gain internet access again.

This is obviously useless because I need the internet through the Ethernet to be able to setup a Virtual WiFi Hotspot thingy.

Can anyone help?
Thanx.

A:Need help trying to set up a Virtual WiFi Router...

I've just tried a few free Virtual Hotspot programs that were most commonly used on the net, they all go to create the hotspot but fail.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55109-need-help-trying-set-up-virtual-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,
I bought a Linksys router E1000. I connected my PC (Windows 7)with wire. I also connectedmy father laptop (Windows 7) with integrated WiFi modem in it. Everything worked fine. Then I tried to connect my sisters laptop (Win XP) , it did not have integrated WiFi adapter, so I bought the D-Link DWA-131 Wireless N USB Adapter Nano. I installed it drivers, it saw my router, but it couldn't connect. It connected couple of times, but only for a few seconds. What I should do?

A:WiFi, router and Windows XP

Kothas said:

Hello,
I bought a Linksys router E1000. I connected my PC (Windows 7)with wire.
I also connectedmy father laptop (Windows 7) with integrated WiFi modem in it.

I tried to connect my sisters laptop (Win XP) , it did not have integrated WiFi adapter, so I bought the D-Link DWA-131 Wireless N USB Adapter Nano. I installed it drivers, it saw my router, but it couldn't connect. It connected couple of times, but only for a few seconds. What I should do?Click to expand...

Frequently we see that mixed-mode (eg G,N) connections interfere with each other - - force the Linksys to G-Only mode will usually allow all to connect

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-router-and-windows-xp.158402/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all I'd say I'm quot very experienced quot or expert when it comes to networking but my experience with wireless AC is limited I currently have an Asus RT-N U that I absolutely love I do pro-AV and have installed dozens of those and never had an issue and they have incredible range and speed for the price I am ready to upgrade to AC but am kind of surprised the quot top end quot routers are all over I know there's tri-band and dual-band but does Help WiFi pick a (AP)! new Router me anyone have experience with the top end ones I don't necessarily need crazy speed from AC since if I need crazy speed I'm going to go gigabit Ethernet I'm eyeing the RT-AC U or RT-AC U right now Anyone have experience I'm open to other manufacturers but so far I think Asus does a nice job with their web interface and feature set BTW - I don't need Help me pick a new WiFi Router (AP)! this to do routing but I'd prefer a router to an AP in case this changes I know Asus has AP mode

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55949-help-me-pick-new-wifi-router-ap.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a BSNL Wimax internet India connection I get input from a terrace antenna to a modem OX P An ethernet cable is then connected between the modem and the laptop My internet works perfectly fine when the ethernet cable is plugged in directly to the laptop I have also got a TP-Link TL-WR N Mbps Wireless N Router When I plug in the output from the modem OX P to the WAN port blue on TL-WR N my internet worked for a week via the wifi router without any configuration My internet service went down for a week due to a fault When it was restored the internet via the modem to laptop via an ethernet cable works but doesn t work when I give the output wifi via router internet No of the modem OX P to the wifi router WAN port I have tried resetting both the wifi router and the modem to original settings MAC cloning etc but nothing seems to help Also disabled DHCP on wifi router but no joy The WAN light turns off as soon as I connect to the modem via the ethernet cable I have a feeling that something isn t right with my modem Can someone please help nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

can malwares or viruses come from a wifi router in a public; a coffee shop, a public library, a restaurant, or school?

A:malwares from a wifi router?

In public wireless places, malware comes from the other computers that are on the network, not the router. Always make sure your firewall is set to public, so it will stealth its ports to all other computers on the public wifi network. That way, other computers will not be able to see your computer while connected to the network. Other than that, it is no different from being at home.........There is always a risk of a malware infection any time you are on the web. Always use antivirus software, keep it up to date and do periodic scans with Malwarebytes and HitMan Pro (both are free).

http://www.surfright.nl/en HitMan Pro
http://www.malwarebytes.org/ Malwarebytes

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/243446-malwares-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My Netgear router always worked fine until i formatted my computer, after that it will still broadcast the wifi signal which i can search up and see, however nothing is able to connect to it, my psp, ps3, laptop, iphone, etc.

I reset my wifi many times and set it up all over again however nothing is able to connect to its signal wirelessley

can someone give me some tips for fixing this please.

Thank you,

-Leo