Windows Support Forum

How to Change User Name?

Q: How to Change User Name?

Hi all;

I just bought a new computer with xp on it and the user name is RadioShack.
My name appears in User Accounts as Administrator. Guest is there also.
Under Documents and Settings is "RadioShack"
Very Annoying.
Can you tell me how to change it to my name?
Appreciate any help and thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to Change User Name?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to Change User Name?

Hi !!!!!!!!!!

follow the instruction:
Control panel>>>administrative tools >>>>> Local Security and policy
>>>> Local policy >>>>> Security option >>>> Accounts: Rename administrator account
Kvijay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-user-name-382571.html
Relevancy 21.5%

My Friend has a HP Pavilion DV2000 Laptop. His display isn't work. Suddenly display gone. But I thought it could be Display problem not a VGA. So, i tried to connect an external monitor and used Shortcut keys to change the display. I pressed fu + F1 or Fu + F2 or Fu + F3 or Fu + F4 up-to F12. But no result.
I couldn't check whether it's a Display or VGA card problem. IS there any other way to check it. in addition to these is there any other combination keys to Change the display to an external monitor. I'm unable to check whether i get login or not. if I can login then i can use Windows Key + P. Then i can select mode. But I'm Unable to anything here. Please help me to find the problem and i have to take it to repairing shop.
Thanks in Advanced

A:Change display of laptop to external monitor

It should be the Fn + the key that shows a monitor symbol. If it still doesn't display, the motherboard video processor has failed, and not the LCD Panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-display-of-laptop-to-external-monitor.168817/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I bought a R9 270X by XFX. My current specs are:

CPU: AMD A10 7800k (Standard Clock Speeds, Graphics Disabled)
RAM: 4GB (2 sticks, both working)
Motherboard: FM2, Gigabyte
PSU: 500 watt 80+ Cert Silver
HDD: 500GB WD Blue

So the issue is that the R9 card consistenly crashes out of all games no matter if I uninstall the drivers or reinstall them. I have tried removing the drivers through catalyst control center and through application based tools (DisplayDriverUninstaller). Once I uninstall and reinstall, it works, until the computer is restarted and then rinse and repeat.

Is this the card saying it is dying? If so it is a weird way of graphics card dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/r9-270x-doa-or-user-error.209138/
Relevancy 22.36%

This is my configuration:
GPU - ATI Radeon HD 5770
STOCK COOLER
MONITOR 1280X1024 4:3 Ratio
CPU - AMD FX-8320
Motherboard - Asus M5A97 R2.0
RAM - Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Hard Drive - Western Digital 1TB Blue SATA3
PSU - Thermaltake Smart SE 530W

Now, what should I buy:
1) New cooler - Probably the COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO
2) New GPU - any good suggestions?
3) New Monitor - any good suggestions?

I'm using it for video rendering and gaming.

A:What should I change on my PC with $250?

I would not worry about the CPU because it is a decent processor. The cooler I would not worry about unless you are overclocking the CPU. If you are then yes, get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. It will bring the temps down a good amount over the "Stock" cooler. I would suggest getting a monitor (something with Widescreen and 1920x1080 resolution). You could probably get a decent monitor for around $100 to $150, then look at getting a better graphics card. You may have to save a little extra money for the graphics card, but it will be worth it in the end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-change-on-my-pc-with-250.207425/
Relevancy 22.36%

Please somebody help me asap I tried to change the public Dns to google's one but failed to do so now I cant reverse it I clicked auto obtain IP and Dns but still cant connect to my router, I beg you somebody help me.

A:DNS change failed

I'm far from an expert on anything internet, but I had a similar experience when Verizon changed servers on me, and my router failed to track it.

I called Verizon tech support and they reconfigured the router for me while I was on the phone.

You can also try opening a command box and type, "ipconfig/release", wait a few moments and type, "ipconfig/renew" (obviously without the quotes). That will only work if the issue is with the computer, but not the router.

Don't despair though. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about could be along any minute...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-change-failed.207375/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello abbasi ,
You can use your iPhone to log in the router and change the wireless settings, however this isn't usually recommended. If something goes wrong when configuring the wireless settings and you are not able to connect to the router you'll need a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable to restore the access.
If this router is supplied by your ISP you can ask them if they have remote access to it to change the password.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-wifi-password-of-an-adsl-modem-without-a-computer.207093/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 21.07%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Dell Latitude D630 and the motherboard died, It's out of warrenty so I bought a Motherboard on ebay. The Bios Service Tag does not match the number on the bottom so I would like to chage it to the correct one. How can I do this?

I read about a DST CD = Dell Service Technician CD that has this option but I can't find one.

It's not a real important thing but when I use the Dell System ID application it reads the Bios Service tag and not the real system tag that Is registered to me.

A:How to change the Service Tag in a Dell Latitude D630 BIOS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19258463/19430485.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-service-tag-in-a-dell-latitude-d630-bios.165117/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have joined a computer (PC1) to a domain control server (2008), and user able to login using their domain user account - although recently I have found out that even though the computer (PC1) do not connect to a server, user still able to access using their domain account.
Is there a way for me to restrict domain account user from accessing the computer (PC1) if they are disconnected from server?
Hope my explanation make sense to you guyz.

Thank in advance

A:Prevening domain user from accessing Computer

Lots to be considered. Joining a domain is intended to give the company admin configuration control of all the company users.
This is normal, expected and even proper for the company to do this.

restrict domain account userClick to expand...

hmm; only the company admin should be able to do this and almost always it is done using some scripts, NOT by loggin into your PC. So - - who is accessing your PC remotely, the admin - - how do you know this occurs?

PCs joined to a domain usually get a replacement for PC Login - - the network form and that creates a link to the domain controller.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prevening-domain-user-from-accessing-computer.204127/
Relevancy 21.93%

I finally found out why my wireless keyboard didn't work as I mentioned in another thread several months back.
Evidently the USB wifi thingy was in a USB port that didn't work. When I was going thru this thread http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device.202706/
I removed it thinking it might be the unknown device.
Anyhow, I've been trying to find the manual for my wireless KB & can't find it.
I'm not sure which number(s) I need. MS PART NO. X820309-001
Serial number or Product ID? Here it is

A:MS Keyboard user manual help

Well, I went here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-keyboard-3000 & despite the fact its default language is English, the downloads are in any language BUT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-keyboard-user-manual-help.202759/
Relevancy 18.92%

My laptop had headphones plugged in because I was watching a film but while I was in another room my laptop was knocked onto the floor around - ft drop change mic to a HD audio headphones Realtek port? port a manager, landing on the headphones jack the wire is fine but the ports completely broken I can see cracks and its loose and everything The laptop has Realtek HD audio manager and in my experience of this program on other desktops I ve had I was able to change Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? what port does what My laptop only has a headphones port and Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? a mic port and I would like to see if I can switch the mic port to be the headphones port because I never use an external mic however in Realteks audio manager I can t find out how to do this In pictures I ve seen on the internet there is a quot Device Advanced Settings quot button as seen in this picture http www vistax com attachments ealtek-hd-audio-driver-version-hd manager jpg but my program doesn t have this Do I need to download a newer version of the software or is it just not possible to change my mic port to be my headphone port I dont mind if I have to use third party software I just want it to tide me over till I can get it sent away Thanks for suggestions greatly appretiated nbsp

A:Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port?

I doubt very much if this will be possible. The mic and headphone ports are wired directly to the Audio section of the motherboard, there connections cannot be altered.

Your best bet is to get the damaged port repaired.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-manager-change-a-mic-port-to-a-headphones-port.166497/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 still running XP that has an administrator account, as well as a guest account (where the important docs I need are stored). It has a faulty DC jack, and I plan on having it recycled due to the fact the repair would cost more than the computer is worth. If I remove the hard drive and put it in a USB housing, would I be able to access the info stored under the guest account without any problems?

Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all I have been playing around with my home network of late and noticed some surprising at least as far as I m concerned results For work I require a hardware VPN so I was using in Change routers bandwidth different with a Sonicwall TZ W as my firewall and a asus rt-n u as a access point because the TZ s wireless is pants With this my peak download rate was Mbps and upload Mbps I then bought a linksys E and flashed it with DD-WRT and used that instead of the Sonicwall as soon as I plugged it in I noticed a Mbps increase in my download rate Upload increase was neglible if any I then decided I wanted to change from having a firewall and AP to a all in one solution since there was no real need to have both so I bought a Asus RT-N U flashed it with DD-WRT Now this router is amazing Change in bandwidth with different routers and I can t rate it enough with DD-WRT it is off the charts Much to my surprise I now had a peak bandwidth of Mbps down and Mbps up which is what my ISP originally quoted me when I got the line The results from the RT-N U you could say is not surprising with it being a far superior router but the E vs a TZ I m confused somebody please enlighten me Oh and the setup on E and the Asus is Change in bandwidth with different routers identical Alastair nbsp

A:Change in bandwidth with different routers

My gut reaction is - - cudos to DD-WRT.
There are three factors for routers (especially when they get real busy):
clock speed of the processor
memory
the code/firmware

It is well known that DD-WRT is very good (read tight/small) and that allows the hardware (cpu + memory) to perform at its best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-in-bandwidth-with-different-routers.200644/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, I can't find the settings for the CPU voltage in my BIOS. I know it's a H board, but can I lower my CPU voltage? If so how?

Thanks

A:Asus P8H77-V BIOS - how to change CPU voltage?

The H77 chipset does not allow you to alter CPU voltages. That can only be done on a Z77 motherboard/chipset.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p8h77-v-bios-how-to-change-cpu-voltage.199096/
Relevancy 21.93%

I issue An logins with user have a former company PC Earlier I was attempting to remove the company An issue with user logins domain from it so that I didn t have to An issue with user logins log in as the previous user every time just to get to the desktop So I changed the computer name right click my computer properties computer name I then clicked on Network ID and set to this computer is for An issue with user logins home use and then it went wrong I restarted the computer as instructed and tried to log on as the user as before but it is telling me the password is incorrect The username is correct and so is the password It s clear that whatever I did with the Network ID has caused this I have logged on as administrator but need to access the other user due to the saved files on there etc Can someone help me revert back access that user account from admin Is there a way to completely detach the PC from the previous domain so that it is like a normal home PC with no log in Thank You nbsp

A:An issue with user logins

Administrator account has permission to access files from other users. Just go to the C:/Users section or whatever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-issue-with-user-logins.198449/
Relevancy 21.93%

About two days ago I was messing with my resolution in my computer whe I saw something wired that I never seen before and that was that there was some higher resolution than I change and high too Resolution can't it seen before so I set it as that Everything worked Resolution too high and can't change it fine intill I started to play swtor and when Resolution too high and can't change it I quit the game my computer screen whent blank and all it said was the resolution that my comp can hold I have a Nvidia GTX Ti I done everything I know that might solve my problem but nothing works I tried to run my computer on my onboard graphic card and it works fine and I can see everything The problem only happens when I tried to run it on my other graphic card I tried to run it on safe mode and change it through there but it still does not work I don t know if is because the graphic card is not getting enough power or something like that Can someone plese help me this problem is driving me crazy If anyone knows what to do please tell me that will really help me I have a Nvidia GTX Ti W power supply nbsp

A:Resolution too high and can't change it

First: Try changing resolution through Screen Resolution menu (Right-click on desktop)
Second: Try changing it through Nvidia Control Panel
Third: You monitor will have an auto-calibration function, accessible by the buttons under it, or any software provided by the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-too-high-and-cant-change-it.179944/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have 2 front 2 rear speaker. I have plugged in properly. But the speaker configuration doesn't change from 2 channel to 4 channel. My OS is win7 Ultimate. First,when my os was xp,it was working good and the channel was in 4 .After 7 installation,it doest change.Please Help me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-ac97-speaker-configuration.195668/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Windows 7 computer wired into my home network. It has a printer attached to it that I have set to share. I have a windows 7 laptop and an XP laptop. Both 7 machines can see open the shared drives on the XP machine but when I try to access the shared drives of either 7 machine from any of the other machines I am asked to give a User ID and a password. This is a private Home network. I have no passwords set up on any of the machines. I'm trying to set up the printer on the two laptops and I can't access it without the User ID Password window popping up. Does anyone know what the problem is?

A:Home Network asking for user ID and password

This is all normal operation for print/file sharing. If you really want sharing without using passwords (imo a security risk), then you need to google for "anonymous sharing"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-asking-for-user-id-and-password.194484/
Relevancy 22.36%

Can I change my laptop GPU? I have ASUS PRO5DIN with Intel Core2Duo T5870 2GHz and 4GB of RAM is there a way to change my GPU cuz its slow and I cant play a lot of games... My GPU is nVidia GeForce G102M ... Thx in advance ...

A:Can i change my laptop GPU?

Nikihak said:

Can I change my laptop GPU? I have ASUS PRO5DINClick to expand...

Give ASUS a call and ask what if anything they have available.

There are some Notebooks that allow GPU upgrades. Knowing which ones allow upgrades and the correct upgrades to use, is something you would need to ask the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-my-laptop-gpu.193670/
Relevancy 22.36%

I change CPU changed CPU a while ago from core to quad amd I broke one CPU change of the pins in the old core mother board does support new cpu ever since I have been getting a error with AMD display drivers and I kept getting checkski errors and blue screen of death did also happen prior to CPU change I reinstalled windows again from install disc and things went well I updated AMD drivers as well the computer is my sisters and she has brought it back to me the old Hard drive I think was CPU change on it s way out so I have replaced it with a brandnew one now I can t even install windows from install disc it will get from - and then the screen will go black and nothing will happen I have also had checkski blue screen CPU change and error of display drivers even though it is a brand new hard drive with nothing on it am I right in saying it might be a mother board or graphics card hardware issue if I update the bios will this help I am not sure what version of the bios to update if this is the case please see web page with mother board driver http www asrock com mb download asp Model N -S UCC amp o All or should I take the graphic card out then try and install windows with integrated graphics of the mother board I am really at a lose any help would be appreciated the main error seems to be the graphic driver display many thanks in advance steven nbsp

A:CPU change

Are you doing a clean and thorough uninstall / re-install of graphic drivers? If done incorrectly it can create all sorts of graphical anomalies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-change.190789/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

Anyone have a best practice for user who wants to change there password on there Windows machine (on a domain) and phone at the same time without locking there account?. Most of the time the user change his password on Windows then by the time it change it on his phone his account is lock due to the fact that the phone is trying to login with old password.

A:Best practice to change password on Windows and phone

Log out on one machine before you change your password on the other.
Log back in with new password.

This post made my brain hurt quite a lot! its like chicken Vs egg ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-practice-to-change-password-on-windows-and-phone.189331/
Relevancy 21.93%

Please let me know I like the amd brand and cant afford much but would like to make it better if I can and if I can change it what can I put in it the mother board is a MCP61SM2MA gateway is the manufaturer bios name is phoenix-award workstation bios v6.00pg the processor is a AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 4000+ the CPU id is AMD64 family 15 Model 95 stepping 3 the socket designation is a socket AM2 if you need any more let me know

A:I have an eMachines T3642 and need to know if I can change the processor

Is it this motherboard you have? If so it shows a few CPU's that are dual core you could use.
Foxconn MCP61SM2MA-ERS2H processor support

Check out the support list from Foxconn
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Brisbane 2.4GHz Socket AM2 Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADO4600IAA5DO for $28.99.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-an-emachines-t3642-and-need-to-know-if-i-can-change-the-processor.185275/
Relevancy 21.5%

I?ve never had to set the BIOS password, but the kids are growing up and I need to lock access to my PC.

My Bios has two Password Options: Supervisor and User.

The Supervisor password was accepted, and before I attempt to change the BIOS settings, the Supervisor password is asked for.

Then I set the user password.

However, when I boot up the PC, I am not asked for any password and windows loads as usual.

What am I missing?

The BIOS is Award Software International, Inc. F4 HI 07/03/2007

A:Unable to set BIOS user password

Do you have the option mentioned below?

Setting a BIOS Password

Now you'll want to set your system to ask for that password every time it boots, so select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, to see a menu something like this:

Fairly obviously, it's the Password Check option we're interested in, so select it and change the setting to ALWAYS.

etc....Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-set-bios-user-password.183774/
Relevancy 21.93%

So here is my computer information Field Value Computer Computer TypeACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer graphics gaming change want for I my card to IE DirectX DirectX Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i - MHz x MBoard Name Dell Inspiron MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H Intel Ironlake System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Multimedia Audio AdapterIntel Ibex I want to change my graphics card for gaming Peak HDMI Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Audio AdapterRealtek ALC Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition I want to change my graphics card for gaming Audio Controller B- Storage IDE ControllerIntel R Series Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - B Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- MS MS-Pro USB I want to change my graphics card for gaming Device Disk DriveGeneric- SD MMC USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SM xD-Picture USB Device Disk DriveST AS ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II Optical DriveTSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H H ATA Device SMART Hard Disks StatusOK So my budget is around and my friend told me to change my g c to or ti so im not sure if my computer support it or wat and do I need to change anything to play games such as SC D Skyrim and etc Thank you nbsp

A:I want to change my graphics card for gaming

What is your Psu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-change-my-graphics-card-for-gaming.183286/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so I have just ordered my computer which will arrive in a few days but I would like to change the graphics card to something more powerful when I recieve the PC My specs are Motherboard UNKNOWN that s the problem CPU AMD Bulldozer FX- -- Quad Core Hz -- Overclocked to GHz GFX Card ATI Radeon HD GB RAM GB Crucial Ballistic Mhz DDR Hard Drive GB I do not know the power supply s wattage or the motherboard as the seller did not specify these and I haven t got the PC yet I would like to replace the graphics card to either a change able graphics I card? to Am my ASUS NVIDIA GTX TI PCI-E Graphics Card Am I able to change my graphics card? - GB or SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD GHz Edition PCI-e Graphics Card - GB Now I am very new to gaming on computers I know how to replace the graphics card but I do not know whether it will fit in the slots or whether it is compatible for my power supply Can anybody help me out by telling my what slots Am I able to change my graphics card? the motherboard needs to have and what the minimum power supply I need for those card is so that I can change it if necessary Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Am I able to change my graphics card?

Well if the system has a 6670 in it already then the motherboard has a PCI-E slot so either the 550Ti or 7770 you picked will be compatible. You need to find the model and wattage of the PSU first though, to make sure the new GPU is getting enough power.

Just curious but why did you decide to buy that system if you were intending to change the graphics card? The mobo and PSU may be of questionable quality so you would have been better off choosing and assembling your own components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-i-able-to-change-my-graphics-card.182408/
Relevancy 21.07%

hi all got a post further down explaining lcd cable was no good so got another plugged it all on but now nothing coming on is there any button or anything i can do or is it another bad cable

A:Compaq Presario CQ61 screen LCD cable change but not working

hi all as in previous tpost further down i explained screen comes on fully when little movement of lcd cable just where it plugs to mother board so got another wire but does same thing so now know it wasnt wire so thinking what inverter or lcd backlight please help as i do not want to buy 1 then its the other is the only way finding out by buying part and testing. thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-cq61-screen-lcd-cable-change-but-not-working.178178/
Relevancy 21.93%

i have a dee optiplex gx 280 and i have 8 gb ram and a navida quatro 1 gb video card and seagate 500 gb harddrive i put in liquid cooling and a bigfoot 1gb enternet card got 2 sony dvd rewriters and the stock power supply just need to know if i can upgrade the cpu i like the pc it is working fine just would like to make it all it can be im running windows 7 ultimate and got good scores on proformance test
processor: 4.2
memory (ram): 5,2
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming graphics:4.7
primary hard drive:5.9
what would help othere then buying a new pc please help

A:Can I change my CPU without buying a new motherboard?

What's your motherboard model and what CPU do you have at the moment?

Also what do you use the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-my-cpu-without-buying-a-new-motherboard.179508/
Relevancy 21.93%

hi !, i am running a system with intel core 2 duo processor and gigabyte motherboard. In my BIOS the first boot device is HDD, now i want to change that to CD/DVD, but i cant change them...

after entering Advanced BIOS settings -> Hard disk boot Priority [Press Enter]

but when i press enter it is showing the order, but those are disabled, i tried +, -, pu, pd but they didn't work. Does any one know the solution...?

A:How can I change my boot order

You're looking at the wrong item. Go down one line until you see "First Boot Device." Change that to the appropriate CDROM device. You can also set the second and third boot device if you wish. What you are doing now is choosing which hard drive (and hard drives only) will boot ahead of the other hard drives. So if your hard drive is selected as the second boot device, this will tell the system which hard drive to look at first. That is, if you had more than one. If you only have one hard drive, that would be unnecessary.

You may also press F12 to temporarily change the boot order for that one time only without entering the BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-change-my-boot-order.174511/
Relevancy 21.5%

I just try to install KOMPUTERBAY 1GB DDR DIMM (184 PIN) 400Mhz PC3200 DDR400 DESKTOP MEMORY on a EMachine T3120. With 2 sticks of mem, it started beeping and it would not boot. With one stick it will boot but after a few seconds it will go to the Blue Screen of Death.

When I replaced the 512mb ram original it all went back to normal. I thought I had the wrong RAM since it look different from the old (see attached picture) but I was told I might had to do something to the BIOS. Any ideas?

A:How to change BIOS to accept new RAM on a eMachine T3120

Your're gonna have to look for a long time... It is time to change out of that eMachine into something you can learn on, and enjoy. The life expectancy of eMachines among our clients has been very short.
There isn't anybody at eMachines that can help you on this issue either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-bios-to-accept-new-ram-on-a-emachine-t3120.176827/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys every time i restart my laptop it wipes all the user profiles, leaves one and wipes all the custom settings on that profile. I have no idea and any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

A:User profiles deleted on start up

This might be caused by a virus or other malware infection, a corrupt hard drive or Windows itself is corrupt... Can you do a destructive laptop restore? This is a way that the laptop is put back just like it was when you turned it on when you first bought it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profiles-deleted-on-start-up.175534/
Relevancy 16.34%

I once ran across a simple UI item that allowed me to change LOCAL CONNECTION 2 to LOCAL CONNECTION.

RESOLVED. Open Network and Sharing Center. Click on the icon for the active connection. Change THAT name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-local-net-2-to-local-net.172565/
Relevancy 21.93%

In our network we have many remote sites. We are currently all WinXP Pro but are starting to transition to Windows 7 (64-bit) when we cycle PCs out.

We have been using RealVNC for years instead of RDP because RealVNC allows shared control of the PC between you and the local user (ie: "Show me what you are talking about"). I've tried Tight (which leaves lots remnants after uninstalling), Real (simply does not work unless you buy the Enterprise version, for ~800 computers that just isn't going to work) and Ultra (works, but randomly resets its options and closes down once you log out of a profile).

Is there a way to allow shared control during RDP? If not, is there another VNC-ish program I can try (freeware) that's as reliable as RealVNC has been under XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allow-local-user-control-in-rdp.171996/
Relevancy 22.36%

If you could upgrade 1 thing in my system, what would it be?

A:What would you change about my system?

I will be getting a new PSU. I would use a 9800GT 1GB and then a HD 6950/6970.

Maybe my CPU and motherboard, and with that also my DVD Drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-change-about-my-system.171871/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys!

Recently, my laptop (Compaq Presario CQ50) battery passed away and unfortunately, the day after, the same thing happened to my AC adapter. Actually, the adapter itself works perfectly, except for the socket inside the laptop.

It seems this part is loose and no power can now reach my laptop. I don't care running my laptop only plugged to the wall outlet since I'm using it only in the living room. It's old and the replacement battery is quite expensive (I could not charge the battery without a working ac adapter anyways).

I was wondering if it was possible to buy only the socket and also how to replace it?

Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-repair-change-the-ac-adapter-socket.171148/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everybody, I have a home network with about 3 computer connected. I am using a laptop and when ever I use the net view command in cmd, I can only view my laptop. Why can't I see the other 2 computer?

All the computer have Win. 7 Home Premium Installed. Is there a way to send messages to those computers within the network, without the use of 3rd party applications... Perhaps by cmd?

I know you can, but I am unsure how.

A:Net view/net user

examples

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view $SYSTEM_NAME
Shared resources at $SYSTEM_NAME
[B]lt-beard[/B]

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
Italy-1 Disk
Italy-2 Disk
RealEstate Disk
SharedDocs Disk
The command completed successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view emac
Shared resources at emac

Mac OS X

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
homes Disk User Home Directories
i860 Print Canon i860
jeff Disk User Home Directories
MP470 series Print Canon MP470 series
It should be clear that NET VIEW SYSTEM is dependent upon getting Print/File Sharing working correctly.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>[B]net user jeff[/B]
User name Jeff
Full Name Jeff
Comment primary user(LUA)
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default)
Account active Yes
Account expires Never

blah blah ...

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon 9/2/2011 10:55 AM

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships *Users
Global Group memberships *None

Would appear to be Policy settings for the user

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/net-view-net-user.170621/
Relevancy 21.07%

Okay here is the story My laptop has a ton of valuable information on it recently my Norton protection ran out and was unable to renew it Well somebody hacked my system and now I have a ton of viruses trojans and malware So I was still able to use my Copy to drive external profile user entire hard PC for internet usage and my music still played in Windows Media Player So all in all my laptop still worked Now today I go to turn on my laptop and it will not boot up at all I can t even system restore or repair it with windows repair However I do need to back up my files and since my hard drive is what is wrong in the first place I think it might be better instead of copying the entire hard drive to my terabyte external hard drive if it would make more sense just to copy my entire user profile onto my external I am wondering if this is possible i have heard of LiveCD s and Parted Magic from this forum But I am wondering if I can just back up all of my files that way If I can back up all of my files like that I might save money instead of taking to a repairman and just fix it myself So is it possible to copy and back-up the entire user profile of a laptop that will not boot up to an external hard drive Basically I want to copy the entire contents of my User Profile on Vista onto an external drive so I can use my reboot CD to reboot my laptop without losing any of my files and folders or Copy entire user profile to external hard drive anything for that Copy entire user profile to external hard drive matter I figure the best way to do that would be to copy the user profile so all the contents of that profile would go onto my external Then I reboot my computer and put Copy entire user profile to external hard drive the User Profile back on Simple nbsp

A:Copy entire user profile to external hard drive

Have you tried a repair install? If that is possible that will leave your files intact.. It is a good idea to back on a regular basis anyway.

The other possibility is connecting your hard drive as a slave drive on another pc.

If the repair install is not possible there are a number of ways using boot cd's to access your data.

Here is one solution that is free and should do what you want
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copy-entire-user-profile-to-external-hard-drive.169549/
Relevancy 21.07%

hi got a question i have a video card withe 4332mb
the problem is it Shared Memory of 2559 MB

this gives me alot of problems withe gaming and i realy would like to change this
is there a way to change the Shared Memory to dedicated memory?
this would realy help

A:Got a video card with 4332MB memory (2559MB shared). Can I change this?

Could you provide the details of your graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-video-card-with-4332mb-memory-2559mb-shared-can-i-change-this.169191/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, in a different thread archean recommended that I make sure that there is reasonable free space in the OS partition. How do I know what size it is and if I need to make it bigger? As you can see I know very little about computers.

My hard drive has 59.3 gigabytes free and 84.9 gigabytes used.

A:How big should my OS partition be and how do I change it

I think it's fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-big-should-my-os-partition-be-and-how-do-i-change-it.167760/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 motherboard MA785GM-USTH. I have tried several times to set the BIOS to boot first from a cd/dvd. It does not change the boot order. I continues to boot from my hard drive. I want to boot from a UBUNTU CD and I can't. Can someone help?

A:My Gigabyte BIOS won't change the boot order

My short answer here to this, is that it sounds like your BIOS needs a swift kick in the pants! Maybe the BIOS just needs a jump start, maybe to get things back on track. This is just a real quick little fix, if it works.

1. Remove the computer from power, unplug the power cord from the power supply.

2. Take the side panel off your computer case, exposing the guts of the machine.

3. Look for the motherboard, then look for a small shiny chrome colored battery.

4. Remove that chrome colored battery off the motherboard.

5. With the battery removed, take your hand and press the (power) button on the front of the case.

6. Keep that button depressed and or pushed for approx. 30 to 40 seconds, while your computer BIOS is drained of it's power and hopefully it's current setting.

7. Let off the (power) button, replace the chrome battery back onto the motherboard, replace the side panel of the case and reconnect the computer power cord to the back of the power supply.

Now turn on your computer and see if that helped take care of some things! Again, this is just one of those quick fixes that may or may not always work.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-gigabyte-bios-wont-change-the-boot-order.164757/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi!

So I was wondering, is it possible to change my laptops graphics card to a better one?

And then I also was wondering what I can do to make it faster? -I'm going to change the hdd to a 96Gb Kingston SSD HDD and I'm also going to get 2Gb more ram but what else can I do?

"My laptop"
thx 4 any advice!

A:Is it possible to change my laptop's graphics card?

Well I doubt you can get a mobile gpu off the shelf(I have never heard of it).
BTW you might as well consider buying a new laptop....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-change-my-laptops-graphics-card.164658/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I have a lynksis wrt400n wireless router. I noticed today that there is a user named 'scotty-PC' in my network.

I do have it password protected.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to shut off the wireless if that is possible. My wife and I are both hardwired into the router anyways.

How do I go about shutting off the wireless signal from the router?

Thank you in advance!

A:Need help with unknown user in my network

use your browser to reconfig the router - - use the IP address 193.168.1.1 as a URL
login: leave user name empty, password is admin
(obviously this needs to be changed too - - read on)

the Users Guide is here

Option one would be to DISABLE the radio - - read thru to find that

Option two would be to use WiFi Mac Filtering; -- pg 14
This option will allows ONLY defined systems access, so set a dummy, like the MAC
address of your wired NIC

Before you quit, DISABLE remote management on port 8080
and CHANGE that admin password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-unknown-user-in-my-network.164009/
Relevancy 21.5%

My computer currently has an AMD V140 processor (Single Core) that runs at 25 Watts. I want to upgrade it to a Turion II (Dual core) that runs at 35 Watts. I want to know if this will be a problem especially since I am running a Toshiba, Which are known to run a little on the hot side to start with

A:AMD processor upgrade - large wattage change question

Have you checked that the motherboard is compatible with a dual core processor. An additional 10 Watts should not be a problem but the extra heat might be although that may be overcome by using a cooling pad.

What is the model of the PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processor-upgrade-large-wattage-change-question.164027/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have not been one to ask for help to get my PC out of trouble and I am new to this forum I have built a handful or two of PC s over the years I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which started Dell change Inspiron 9100 laptop video random characters - - tracing at having random video issues such as video traces and random pixel change then I noticed random characters flickering or appearing on the text in my BIOS even with my harddrive removed I am not completely familiar with character mapping and if this could be a VIDEO CARD issue but I suspected it was a BIOS VIRUS SInce I could not flash the BIOS without Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random having Power connected AND a good battery in the unit I shelled out bucks to buy a new battery I flashed the BIOS to the latest ver but I am still having the same problem I have seen video failures before but not like this I performed a bootscan with Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random AVAST afterwords but no dice As far as I know the only hardware quot virus s can effect quot are the HD and BIOS Once again while I am looking at a page in the BIOS I see letters being replaced by other characters and the longer I am on that page it becomes unreadable Sounds like a Virus to me OR could it just be I need to replace the VIDEO card Dell Inspiron laptop Mb ATI Mobility Radeon Windows XP and THANKS FOR ANY HELP xxxx nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random

Welcome to TechSpot! Your thread is better suited to the Windows OS or Hardware forum, so I m going to ask the moderator to move it. I hope you subscribed to the thread because we don't email the reply.

If I had to give you a quick answer, I's suggest replacing the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9100-laptop-video-tracing-characters-change-at-random.162078/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Toshiba 1.5TB External HD, I could not find a power supply for it soI did the next best thing and transferred it into a Samsung 3G case. I can get into the drive, the Properties show that -500gigs is utilised, but I cannot see any files. How do I access the drive and be able to see my files?

Has anyone had this problem, and know how to solve it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-case-change-and-cannot-see-my-files.162215/
Relevancy 21.5%

I ll try to shorten this some I was having some problems that I determined were either caused by the hard drive corrupted WinXP Media Version or my RAM I ran MEM Test user paste Can't switch copy can't and and it failed so I replaced the RAM with one G Can't switch user can't copy and paste stick That solved several issues I still had an issue with switching users I had the computer set up for users with myself as the admin My partition is that what it s called works just fine but if I log into one of the other three it will not allow shutdown restart log off or change user It forces me to do a hard shutdown I decided that my OS may be corrupted so I took the opportunity to install a bigger faster HD and installed WinXP Pro The problem did not go away This doesn t make sense to me What else could cause this I also have a new problem Sometimes the copy and paste feature will just quit working It seems to copy but then the Paste will not quot light up quot when I right click in the program I want to use Could this be driver related nbsp

A:Can't switch user can't copy and paste

It's possible that the group policy is keeping the regular users from doing things like log off, or shutdown. You may want to check what the settings are or put all those users into a single group and give them the proper permissions to do whatever you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-switch-user-cant-copy-and-paste.159642/
Relevancy 22.36%

hi all i dont have much knowlegde of computing but was wondering if it is possible to change my s prosavage ddr graphics card so i can do more than what i can at present on my desktop I know my computer is nearly years old but i like it and it has never let me down i cant afford a new one at the moment so I recently increased memory to GB and my motherboard can support Gb so i Shall have GB within days Below is some info for anyone that can asisst me Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English S3 DDR ProSavage my Change United Kingdom Processor a gigahertz AMD Athlon XP kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte Change my S3 ProSavage DDR secondary memory cache Not hyper-threaded Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space MATSHITA Change my S3 ProSavage DDR CD-RW CW- Optical drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive IN-WIN iAPP CF USB Device Hard drive -- drive IN-WIN iAPP MS USB Device Hard drive -- drive IN-WIN iAPP SM USB Device Hard drive -- drive IN-WIN iAPP MMC SD USB Device Hard drive -- drive ST A Hard drive GB -- drive s n JV MAE rev SMART Status Healthy System Model Time Computers KM - Enclosure Type Desktop Main Circuit Board b Board MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Memory Modules c d Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot A is Empty Slot A has MB Local Drive Volumes c FAT on drive GB GB free Network Drives None discovered Printers Lexmark Series on USB Lexmark Print- -Fax Printer on LexmarkFax Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Send To Microsoft OneNote Driver on Send To Microsoft OneNote Port Display S Graphics ProSavageDDR Display adapter AOC Monitor quot vis August Multimedia Realtek AC Audio for VIA R Audio Controller new Group Policies None discovered Other Devices MSI Micro-Star Motherboard MS- Please see below for the Memory RAM upgrade options available for the MSI Micro-Star Motherboard MS- Memory Details for the MSI Micro-Star Motherboard MS- Standard Memory MB or MB Removable Maximum Memory GB Total Memory Slots Memory Type -Pin PC MHz DIMM Notes nbsp

A:Change my S3 ProSavage DDR

Appears that your video is onboard, and that your board has an AGP graphics slot.

So you could theoretically purchase an AGP card to replace it. These are the supported types:
Supports AGP 2.0 1x/2x/4x

This is a quick search on Newegg, just make sure you stick to ones that have 4x, not ones that are exclusively 8x. You can probably search online elsewhere as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600007850&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Pagesize=100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-my-s3-prosavage-ddr.159102/
Relevancy 21.5%

Dear All member of Techspot and moderators.

Recently, My computer is starting change time and dates
1st day before Normal computer use: work, homework, play, Yehhh! <expression>
2nd day, when I turn on the computer, it show me today is "March 13, 2014. 3PM"
Time and Date is wrong. I manually change correct time.
3rd day, the computer change its time and day again, fix it manually.
Basically I do 2nd and 3rd repeatly.

I researched about this problem: I might need change the battery.

However, I really want to know what is the most important thing to do before I replace the battery. Do I need back up all my saved data in computer ?
Also, what if I do not replace the battery ? I mean what is the worst situation.

From
neowing.

A:My computer constantly change time and date - question

Your bios setting will get reset, when you change the cmos batterry.

Take note of the setting, before changing the battery.

Your data on the harddrive will not be affected, by a battery change.

I always thought that a weak/dying battery caused reset to factory setting. March 2014 ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-constantly-change-time-and-date-question.157832/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have just attempted to swap a hard drive from my dell to a compaq that someone gave me. When I power on the computer that the hard drive is in I get a blank screen. Did I do something wrong? Please help.

A:Hard drive change

Hi wcheard,

Welcome to Techspot!
Sometimes when you swap a hard drive over to another PC it doesnt like the hardware change.

Try the following:
Remove the HDD from the Compaq and re-boot the pc. Even though the HDD is missing you should still get a picture on the screen.
If you DONT get a picture with the HDD removed the the Compaq either has a) a faulty mobo OR b) there may a problem with the graphics card. This all dpeends if you have a graphics card installed or if you are using onboard VGA.

Hope this helps

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-change.156920/
Relevancy 22.36%

how di i convert hdd space into ram, i have a 1tb internal hdd, 3 gb RAM, and windoes 7 and a core quad prossessor

A:Change HDD space to RAM?

Watch this youtube video, Optimize Operating System Paging File on Windows 7 | Faster 7 Part 11 . This will show you step by step on what to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-hdd-space-to-ram.156323/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a new Medion Akoya P7360 (MD 8855) PC running Windows 7. I have been using Skype, and on one call my cousin couldn't stop laughing, he said I sounded like I'd been breathing in helium! I eventually pinned it down and discovered that it happens every time the PC goes into Sleep mode. After power-up, I can ring the Skype Call Testing Service (echo test) and it echoes back my message perfectly. If I put my PC into Sleep Mode (or allow it to do it automatically) then revive it, it raises the pitch of the microphone by about 5 semitones. I have tried a USB Phone, and this sounded OK. The only way I can resolve it at the moment is to re-boot the PC. I'm at a loss to think what the problem could be. I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers. Anybody got any ideas?

Fred

A:Weird audio pitch change on Realtek HD Audio

have you tried another microphone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-audio-pitch-change-on-realtek-hd-audio.153030/
Relevancy 21.93%

for some reason i am having sound issues inside games like team fortress wich are related to having set speaker settings to surround sound when using stero speakers im using head phones windows XP I try to change the settings to headphones but the problem persists here is what happens when i change the setting in lt windows gt control panel gt sound from to headphones then return to the menu it has change back from maybe settings, malware? will change audio OS not headphones to this problem started about days ago all i want is stereo sound I also suspect that the IDT audio OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware? program which is not starting on startup anymore may also be a problem but i can still run it from control panel its also possible that some options in the IDT program like quot headphone virtualization support quot which i cant remember if i changed recently are the problem I know very little about audio software i cant hear windows sounds either right now but i can hear most of a Cd i have in the Cd rom but it cuts out a bit just rebooted and there is not Audio at all windows can no longer see any audio devices on device manager MICROSOFT WINMM wdm audioo compatibility Driver is quot not working properly quot quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device quot did a system restore i have sound but not system sound will do the normal maintence and check back here to see if anyone has any suggestions nbsp

A:OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware?

See if this helps Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/os-will-not-change-audio-settings-maybe-malware.152368/
Relevancy 21.5%

I want to make my IDE the primary hard drive and SATA the secondary. By default windows selects the SATA but I have issues with partitions and I want to use the IDE instead.
In my advanced features bios I am given three boot devices to choose as I will, but if I want to boot from a hard drive it doesn't give me a choice so it selects primary device being the SATA.
The standard cmos features show the SATA on channel 0 master and i'm given three options - none, auto and manual. Nowhere do I see an option to change the IDE to primary. How do I do this?
I have a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l mobo

A:Cannot change boot disc priority in Gigabyte BIOS

In the Advanced BIOS Features you have First boot device; Second boot device; Third boot device. Take a look at the item just above those: Hard Disk Boot Priority

Highlight it and press "Enter." You should see all your hard drives listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-change-boot-disc-priority-in-gigabyte-bios.151847/
Relevancy 21.5%

Explanation:

Ok so I work in a small office and I have a networked printer that takes user numbers for passwords to print. This way we can keep track of print jobs and charge the employees accordingly. This user # is setup thru printer preferences. Normally only one user # is required for each computer as each employee has their own computer. Well there are two open computers at my office that anyone can use, these two have their own user #'s.

Question:

What i'd like to do is set it up so these open computers prompt for a user number before being able to print instead of having a user # saved under the preferences. Is this possible?

Relevant information:

Computers - Windows Xp Pro sp3
Server - Windows server 2003
Printer - Sharp Mx-6200N

Thank for any help regarding this situation.

A:Prompting for user # on a network printer

hmm; this is a commercial Charge Back process. Home users would hardly ever need or want
something like this.
I would think you would find such options in the software you are using to capture the user#,
likely on your Domain Controller ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prompting-for-user-on-a-network-printer.150482/
Relevancy 21.93%

I got this old emachine et 1161-01 with geforce 6150se already attached to it, and recently i have had some problems with games and videos. I am not a computer person, so i have no clue what my computer's motherboard can hold up to. does anyone have some idea what kind of graphic card i can buy with price less than $100 and has good quality? because i am a college student, and i am short on money.

A:Wanting to change graphic card

From what I could find it seems that the eMachines ET1161-01 has a PCI-Ex16 slot.

I would recommend the XFX HD 4770 but it would cost about $112 including shipping.

If that's beyond your budget, the Radeon HD 4670 would also do fine.

NOTE: You will have to change your power supply in order to be able to use either of the cards mentioned. A good 400W PSU, like the Corsair 400CX, should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-change-graphic-card.148723/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

I have a problem. In MSI Afterburner even when I enable the voltage control and restart I can't enter a voltage or use the slider. Does anyone know what my problem is? I am using the latest afterburner 1.5.1 and nvidia forceware 186.18.

A:Can't change GTX 260 voltage

Why are you changing the voltage anyway. Unless you're watercooling your card you definately shouldnt be doing that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-gtx-260-voltage.146026/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have looked everywhere and i cannot find a way to change the static ip on the gateway itself. I need to change it because some kid with a botnet loves to hit my ip, and i have no way to defend against it, because it is a static ip. I have called att, they wont change it. i seem to remember a while back when i had a gateway, and the public ip would change with every reboot of the gateway.
what can i do?

A:How can I change public ip on 2Wire 3800HGV-B?

1) Do you have dynamic or static IP service from ATT? If really do have have static IP from ATT then they are the only ones who assign it.. and they are the only ones who control it. Nothing you can do if they don't do it

2) What kind of problems? The router firewall should block any access/attacks

/* edit */
And you are aware you pay "extra" to ATT for a static IP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-change-public-ip-on-2wire-3800hgv-b.145986/
Relevancy 22.36%

Tipster advised me to,"Just make sure you set the Network cards to 1000mbps instead of Auto."
I recently bought a new router--Netgear WNDR3700.
I'm running Vista Home 64 bit on a Gateway FX6800-01e and thought that I could change the setting by going to Control Panel, then Device Manager---but there seems to be no way to change the NIC speed there.
Am I on the wrong track?
I'm curious to know why it's better to change the NIC speed to 1000Mbps, rather than letting Windows choose?
Looking to learn--not doubting the advice.

A:How can I change NIC speed?

Manikle said:

Tipster advised me to,"Just make sure you set the Network cards to 1000mbps instead of Auto."
I recently bought a new router--Netgear WNDR3700.
I'm running Vista Home 64 bit on a Gateway FX6800-01e and thought that I could change the setting by going to Control Panel, then Device Manager---but there seems to be no way to change the NIC speed there.
Am I on the wrong track?
I'm curious to know why it's better to change the NIC speed to 1000Mbps, rather than letting Windows choose?
Looking to learn--not doubting the advice.Click to expand...

Vista like 7 you should see icon for network near the clock in the system tray? Do you see such an icon. If yes!

Then right click then open network and sharing center
Once you do that you should see to your right Change Adapter Settings. Do you see this link? If you do click on it and then right click on your network adapter. Click on properties Click on Configure, click on Advance, scroll down to Speed & Duplex this name may vary with different nics. Now change the speed from Auto to 1000 it might be 1.0GBps same. Also if you see TCP Offload make sure those are set to Enable.

How are we doing so far? Okay or not?

If you get lost along the way all the settings are in the Device Manager. To get to this in Vista or 7 you just need to right click on the Computer icon on the desktop or in the flag orb menu then click properties and select Device Manager. Scroll down for Network Adapter, click on [+] to expand then right click on properties then on Advanced, then speed & duplex.

You should be all set?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-change-nic-speed.145127/
Relevancy 21.93%

Toshiba Sattelite A200 10x, bought it 2 and a half years ago, everything's stock at stock settings, only added 1 gig of ram to take it to 2gig total upon purchase.

I can't say I'm the exemplary laptop user since whenever I can I just leave it on the AC supply and let it run there for hours on end, that can't be good for the battery. Lately the moment I unplug it, even though the battery's fully charged it loses its charge completely in 1 or 2 minutes flat. Sometimes the same time I unplug it, 2 seconds or so later it turns off.

I'm guessing it's time for a new laptop battery, or could be coming from a leak or such? I'm just posting to confirm.

A:Time to change the battery?

You should be able to take it to a Battery Specialist http://batteryworld.com.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=11193 and they might be able to diminish somewhat the 'recharging Cycle memory'. But it will take them a while to do and it will never be totally reliable eg. temperature differences will affect the battery run-down time. As a backup for around the house could be money well spent and if you buy a new battery having the second should (if you don't use and abuse it like the last) lengthen the the life of the new one.
Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-to-change-the-battery.144973/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am about the change my video card, and I am afraid of any malfunction on the way. Any advise before I start?

A:Video card change

Firstly, ensure that you get a video card that is supported on your motherboard. Remember to uninstall all present graphics drivers before removing the old GPU. Check that your PSU is sufficient to power your new graphics card.

It would be helpful if you tell us what your system specs are and what GPU you are considering to purchase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-change.144232/
Relevancy 22.36%

hi im new to all this and im after upgading my processor i have a chaintech 7VJL deluxe apogee mother board with a amd athlon 1700 processor what is the best processor i could fit to it ive done some research and got abit confused lol

A:Processor change

chaintech doesn't make motherboards anymore so i cant find a CPU support list for your motherboard. if i was you i would save up for something like this eMachines ET1331G-03w Refurbished Desktop PC $359.97

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-change.144242/
Relevancy 21.5%

We moved to a new place in December and my atheros ar5005gs WiFi adapter and WRT54GP2 don't seem to like each other any more. Everything in our new home is positioned the same as it was in the old place. I think I may have figured out that the problem might be that there are (according to Network Stumbler) at least 5 other WiFi routers on channel 6 in this neighborhood.

I need to find out how to change the channel number on my atheros ar5005gs adapter. Changing it on my router is no problem, I know how to do that.

Thanks, in advance for your help.

A:I can't figure out how to change the channel on my WiFi adapter

Hi

you only change the channel on the router, not on the NIC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-figure-out-how-to-change-the-channel-on-my-wifi-adapter.143757/
Relevancy 21.5%

What software to use, user friendly. Take *.avi movie covert and burn it so it will play on a dvd with a splash screen (menu) title to play movie and title(2) to include a small video clip of myself including a a message.

Was trying to use DeVeDe but I am having trouble with title 2 being authoritative with my video and both titles go straight to the movie. DeveDe is for Ubuntu but let me know of software for ubuntu or windows xp

A:User friendly video to dvd with menu

Rather use a windows xp app anyways and I am sure, much more. ubuntu machine not as powerful for decoding videos, or this devede program, audio came out of sync and still had the title allocation issue. I really want to get my video message in the dvd menu.

thanks !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-friendly-video-to-dvd-with-menu.143608/
Relevancy 21.93%

Okay so i got the Lg Neon the other day. I love the phone it's cute and everything. But the thing is i can not figure out how to set a ringtone. On all my other phones i have had i used myxer and found the ringtone i wanted and sent it to my phone and it would download automatically and so on... Well this one is not like that its telling me that download failed when it connects to download it. Well then i went out and got a sd cardit fits in the phone and everything says its there and everything well i put songs on it and put it in my phone well... it want let me set them as ringtones still or anything... im not gettin how to do this or anything...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-neon-ringtone-change.142693/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,

Well the message was not clear, but here is the problem I am having.

I own a Acer Aspire 5920G and I accidentally spilled water onto it, was not a lot and thankfully my laptop lived. However, there is only one slight problem. My Keyboard is malfunctioning, as it is typing random stuff and doing random things. Not like a backdoor. It goes like "eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxffffggggghhhhh" it somtimes backspaces and does random inputs. I don't know what's going on and I hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

*Note I think it's a problem within the computer because the keys are not sticky and I can still type but not with all the kets.*

A:Help! Keyboard Inputting into Laptop without User!

Hi

laptop keyboards are delicate at the best of times, any liquid spilt into it will dry and cause this issue,

you can use an external keyboard and see if it does this, you will have to remove the keyboard from the laptop, this is usually done by removing some screws and then undoing the ribbon connector from the board, or by unclipping the keyboard from the housing and disconnecting the ribbon cable.

keyboard go for about 15 on ebay dependant on who is selling it, dont try and repair it you will be wasting your time.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-keyboard-inputting-into-laptop-without-user.142568/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,

Well the message was not clear, but here is the problem I am having.

I own a Acer Aspire 5920G and I accidentally spilled water onto it, was not a lot and thankfully my laptop lived. However, there is only one slight problem. My Keyboard is malfunctioning, as it is typing random stuff and doing random things. Not like a backdoor. It goes like "eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxffffggggghhhhh" it somtimes backspaces and does random inputs. I don't know what's going on and I hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

*Note I think it's a problem within the computer because the keys are not sticky and I can still type but not with all the kets.*

A:Help! Keyboard Inputting into Laptop without User!

Probably your notebook's keyboard shorted out when you spilled water on it.

I would advise you to leave your notebook alone for few days to dry out completely and see if the shorting sorts itself out. Otherwise, you may end up having to replace the keyboard; for which you'll be better off consulting an technician.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-keyboard-inputting-into-laptop-without-user.142569/
Relevancy 21.5%

from a gts200 to a 9800 gt
now my monitor turns of mid loading of vista
and even when i change back video cards i am now still getting the same problem..
what do i do?

i cant even do anything now cause i cant even use the computer
i need to use my bad laptop...

A:No monitors working after a change in video cards

Mid loading of Vista? Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 during boot up. select VGA Mode and reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitors-working-after-a-change-in-video-cards.142387/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,i need a bat file for changing IP address randomly ..Also should change in the ip range.For ex.now this is my setting..

Ip address : 192.168.1.2
subnet mask : 255.0.0.0
default gateway :192.168.1.1

preferred dns :125.22.47.125
alternate dns :202.56.250.5

Now i need a bat file which should change my ip address alone randomly in the range 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.100...I dont know its possible or not..but i need to do this how can i..thanks in advance..

A:Change IP - bat file needed

hmm; very strange request to perform randomization via bat file.

we normally recommend using DHCP to make the assignments to avoid collisions with
other systems on the subnet.

there is no advantage to randomization

so imo, this is very suspicious of being some kind of hacking effort ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-ip-bat-file-needed.141773/
Relevancy 21.93%

My girlfriends computer would not boot into safe mode so I went hdd? slave to boot.ini change on How into run and typed in msconfig and changed the boot ini to boot into safe mode Well it still didn t boot into safe mode and now windows does not start up normally either It goes to the option screen of how I would like it to boot safe mode options last known good configuration start windows normally but no matter which option I choose it just restarts and goes back to this screen in an endless loop I have connected her hdd to my computer and made it the slave drive My question How to change boot.ini on slave hdd? is is there anyway to access the boot ini on her hdd and change it back t how it was before the way i have it set up right now I have tried going to msconfig but only my hdd shows up Also my hdd is connected via sata and hers is ide don t know if that makes a difference Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks thanks for the help rf can you help me out a little more and tell me how I can edit the file on the slave drive or the other way you mentioned thanks I don t have the recovery disk is there any other way Or am I able to get one through Microsoft nbsp

A:How to change boot.ini on slave hdd?

It appears that using msconfig probably put the edit into boot.ini. Therefore, your should be able to edit the file on the slave drive & remove the offending safeboot option.

The recovery console is another way to re-create boot.ini. This involves the original HDD back in its computer. bootcfg /Scan finds instances of Windoze installations. Bootcfg /? gives you an idea what is involved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-boot-ini-on-slave-hdd.140790/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am asking, do someone noe how to change password of adim but u are just a guest account using cmd tnen u nid do some kind of thing then restart and somehow the password has change.. or rather how to chage pass but u dun noe the adim pass.

A:How To Change Pass

What?

Please try again in clear English
Or get someone to post for you who can write English clearly, at least to an understandable level

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-pass.139666/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello, every one. i got a problem with cpu fan.it is so loud and has bad sound like tar...... i want take it out from my laptop to checking but i don't know how to take it from my laptop because it so complicated. can you help me how to take it? i need help please.......

My laptop is Vgn-sz660n...

thanks

A:Change CPU Fan

But what brand of laptop is your Vgn-sz660n? What do you mean, ":...has a bad sound like tar..."

You remove the keyboard screws from the bottom of your laptop, then lift off the keyboard, and unsnap the bezel pieces to get to the fan mechanism... beyond that, it is just a few more screws.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-cpu-fan.136139/
Relevancy 21.93%

Occasionally while playing WoW my computer crashes I ve considered that it might be a goofy memory problem so I was going to run a memchecker Upon changing my bios so that my CD Constant change Bios beeps on drive loads first part of running memcheck and restarting my internal speaker makes continual beeps with a black screen Upon resetting my CMOS everything boots fine Upon further attempts I Constant beeps on Bios change have found that changing ANYTHING beyond the default short-out settings even changing my bios to quot default optimal settings quot causes this failure I have -absolutely- no idea why this is unless my battery has gone dead and trying to load non-defaults is making the baord cranky or something Any ideas My loadout -Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor Model BX E - CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel -Antec True Power Trio TP - W ATX V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three V -Foxconn MARS motherboard - EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Running XP SP bit nbsp

A:Constant beeps on Bios change

Does the clock in Windows show the correct date and time, even after you unplug the computer from the wall for a night?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-beeps-on-bios-change.137066/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Gigabyte AM2 motherboard (ga-ma69g-s3h)
I used to have an option to change the cpu voltage with my old dual core 5000+ cpu.
with this cpu, that BIOS option is gone!
furthermore, I can change the voltage through gigabytes windows utility (easytune 5), but then when I also try to change the multiplier in windows it doesn't change anything and the speed of the cpu remains the same.
I'm stuck at stock voltage and 3.3GHz overclock (which is not bad but since it can get to 3.7ghz I'm missing out).

A:Can't change voltage of 720 X3 Phenom II

You might need to update your BIOS.

Have you tried using the AMD Overdrive Utility?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-voltage-of-720-x3-phenom-ii.137112/
Relevancy 21.07%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 31.82%

hello, i have a 9800gt that gives a very low fps on crysis, i went to the shop from where i purchased it and they said that you need to change your power supply, currently its 230watt, i was thinking that i should replace my card with another one as mine does not have a six pin supplementary power connector. so my question is that should i change my psu first or should i switch my card first?

A:Should i change my power supply or should i change my graphics card?

your running a 9800gt on a 230W PSU!? not sure how your doing that without it shutting down as soon as you start a game. the 9800gt needs a 450W psu with 24A on the 12v rail (s). change the PSU. you are fortunate that you haven't overstressed the 230W psu and destroyed the rest of the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-change-my-power-supply-or-should-i-change-my-graphics-card.134139/
Relevancy 21.5%

Ive got an Acer 7250g and it was working fine until today.When i turn it on i get "User profile service failed the logon" i cant sign in or do anything-help please.

A:User profile service failed the logon

Welcome to Techspot
If you haven't already done so, this may be a grat place to start and get the 'feel' of this forum,
http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu31.html
The following link may help solve your login problem,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon.133880/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have put a new hard drive on my Dell Dimension 8300, initially it was for extra storage, my C drive is 40GB and is now full, i copied my C drive using Norton Ghost onto my E drive 80GB. I need to know how can i tell my system to boot from my E drive.

A:Hard Drive Change

Set the 80GB as the C drive and the old 40GB as the E drive. Are these drives IDE or SATA drives? IDE drives have Master/Slave/ CS (Cable Select) physical jumpers and SATA drives do not have these jumpers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-change.133338/
Relevancy 20.64%

So here s my dillema I m hardware after drives recognized) windows change (IDE Problems major booting not sort of a novice in the hardware department I ve successfully swapped out hard drives and disc drives and transferred my mobo from an old case to a new Problems booting windows after major hardware change (IDE drives not recognized) one before so I recently attempted a more indepth overhaul Namely when my old computer died from what was likely a video card or motherboard fail power still worked but there was no monitor display or POST beep anymore I decided to swap out the old stuff for new and better parts amp nbsp My PSU and case along with my gb hard drive and my two dvd rom drives are fairly new so I m replacing the motherboard from a nine-year old God knows what to a ASUS P KPL-AM SE processor AMD Athlon to an Intel Core Duo RAM PC to DDR and vid card my old GeForce for a new PowerColor HD Running XP Home The build went successfully from what I can tell though I m not entirely certain how to hook up the IDE ribbons correctly when I have two DVD Rom drives since there are only three connectors and I have three drives plus the mobo connector Anyway when I fired it up initially I got nothing There was power but I got a POST error one long beep followed by two short beeps Since I figured it might be that my old PSU isn t putting out enough power to supply this massive new video card I removed the card to see what would happen Now I get the single long POST beep and a screen recognizing the motherboard and processor I get as far as the screen that tells me Windows did not shut down properly but no matter what option I choose safe mode safe mode w command prompt start windows normally or last known good config at this point the system simply restarts again with the single beep and I m back at square one I m aware of the pitfalls of swapping motherboards while trying to save the OS I have my hard drive partitioned which means I should be able to keep my files intact despite a complete reinstall yes At this point I don t expect to be able to get away without reinstalling windows but I can t figure out how to get the system to take the install disc so I can even do that I don t know my way around BIOS very well My hope is that if I can get it booted up and running using the system s onboard video then I can worry about replacing the power supply with a higher wattage and installing the new video card at a later date My immediate issue is that the BIOS isn t recognizing any of my IDE drives I have a single DVD writer and a hard drive hooked up on an IDE cable but the main BIOS page says quot Primary IDE Master Not Detected quot quot Primary IDE Slave Not Detected quot I ve checked everything and it seems to be all hooked up correctly so I can t figure out why this isn t working The obvious problem is that since I can t get the drive to function I in turn can t read the Windows install disc so I can t even get in and try to do a repair install or anything I can provide more info if you need it I m just at a loss right now nbsp

A:Problems booting windows after major hardware change (IDE drives not recognized)

you must reinstall windows on the new setup from scratch. Any major hardware changes will require this. Windows configures itself and is registered to the mobo and components. Also windows is licensed for only one system at a time.

A BIOS beep is indicative of hardware failure or incompatibility. Read my guide here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

To retrieve data you will need to use your drive in another system as an external device. Use a usb to IDE adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-booting-windows-after-major-hardware-change-ide-drives-not-recognized.132441/
Relevancy 21.5%

Has any forum member encountered a quot stop all activity quot order from Financial Services when trying to submit a change of ownership form I purchased a relatively new Dell XPS M from a storage unit Change Dell Customer Support/Ownership auction and while trying to assume ownership online a D-Tech took me all the way to the point of removing the Master P W then announced a problem w Financial Services Using a landline I contacted them only Dell Customer Support/Ownership Change to have Finance transfer me straight back to Support which said they were transfering me back to Finance who said they would transfer me to T Support at which point I hung up Any Clues out there I have noticed user hpgl posting bios master p w and submit the following info in hope theres a chance I too could be helped Thankx to all forum users and especially posters who dare to break the bond big industry thinks they have on the personal computers who purchase their products Dell XPS M Duo gb hdd service TBZ G express nbsp

A:Dell Customer Support/Ownership Change

Surely someone has encountered this situation w/ Dell Financial. As big as they are and as many of us that there are,the chances are atleast 50-50. So I'll ask in a diff'rent way:
Anyone care to share their tips, numbers and or experiences sufferred from DELL with respect to master p/w requests, change of ownership requests and generally any info we as a group may find usefull ? Like,for example,the pertinent info from a live support chat (number codes ) not the entire chat but the meat of the request..

anyway just an attempt to get my post number up and maybe get the info to do it myself. My selfishness shall end with this: I've shorted 6 systems with 100% success and will post my photos and results.

Dell XPS M1530
s/t 5TBZ6G1
e/t 12657547873

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-customer-support-ownership-change.132259/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have this pathetically stupid problem with the nvidia control panel.

I have a second display configured (my tv) and I'm trying to change its colour settings but it's not registering at all. When I click "save" the settings just jump back to default and the radio button switches back to "other applications control settings" rather than "use NVIDIA settings" which is what I want.

Any ideas on this ridiculously annoying problem? I am using Vista Ultimate 32bit and I have the latest nvidia drivers.

A:Can't change desktop color settings

You can't control the TV 's color from the computer, unless this TV has computer inputs other than the standard RCA inputs. How are you connecting this TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-desktop-color-settings.131955/
Relevancy 21.07%

Our school is moving from a Workgroup setup to a Domain (Active Directory.) I'm having a problem though. When I set up new users all of their local settings disappear. So now I'm looking for an easy way to migrate User Profiles from the Local User to the new active directory user. I know microsoft has the Active Directory Migration Tool but is that truly the BEST way to do it?? The guide is like 100000 pages long so I'm not even sure if I want to go that route. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/migrating-from-workgroup-to-domain-user-profile-migration.131944/
Relevancy 21.93%

hi all i'm new here so be patient and gentle pls.

my question is can i read a report or log file that will tell me how long users have been logged into my server. i run sbs2003 and have some users on remote access via vpn, does the monitoring on the system allow me to view log in times for each user and how long they are logged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-user-log-in-times.129887/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi All please can anyone help me with a problem thats driving me nuts i have just done some upgrades to my pc it was throwing up a few errors and was generally pretty slow mobo to windows xp after reinstall Unable change i have installed a new mobo upgraded the RAM and the PSU i have used the existing CPU and heatsink fan cleaned and used new thermal paste and used my existing HDD i also reformatted my HDD so i could do a fresh install of windows xp to freshen things up used all the new cables etc that came with the mobo problem is now when i try boot up the pc and put the windows Unable to reinstall windows xp after mobo change xp disk in my drive Unable to reinstall windows xp after mobo change i get the BIOS splash screen and setup options boot pop up etc but the dvd drive with the disk spins up then goes to a black screen saying quot press cntrl alt del to restart quot During POST all the components are recognised and as i can get into BIOS setup and change settings tried all the usual suspects changing the boot order asking to boot from master DVDdrive with the boot popup etc all to no avail i have made sure that all the components are recognised within BIOS which they are everything CPU showing correct speed ghz HDD generic DVDdrives DDR ram showing correct amount gb its all there but like i say after POST and BIOS splash screen it goes straight to this black screen quot press cntrl yadayada please has anyone got any ideas how to get round this as i m completely stumped list of current hardware ASUS P KPL-AM mobo INTEL P ghz LGA CPU EZ COOL watt PSU ADATA pc mhz DDR dual channel RAM gb MAXTOR Diamondmax gb SATA HDD formatted blank ASUS mb PCI express graphic card Generic DVD drives x as far as i can see this is all compatible and should work well together nbsp

A:Unable to reinstall windows xp after mobo change

You will have to install a new operating system on it... old recovery disks won't work on it with a new motherboard, you need to buy (if you haven't already) a new OS disk, and then install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-reinstall-windows-xp-after-mobo-change.126302/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi I just got Far Cry for my computer but i have to change the AGP aperture size to 64MB i dont know how to change it!!! Please help me out

A:How do I Change The AGP Aperture Size on A Windows XP Computer?

You will find a setting for agp in the computers bios. You're best bet it to change it to the same size as you graphics cards memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-change-the-agp-aperture-size-on-a-windows-xp-computer.126183/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old Tecra S that Need Change to Boot Sequence was given to me and Need to Change Boot Sequence after doing general cleaning up adding more RAM and diagnostic work it is very stable and does what I need it to do I need to change the boot sequence where the CD DVD ROM drive is first bootable The only option I have been given is to press F before Windows loads Listed first is this drive but I am not sure if it is actually first bootable I can t access the BIOS as it is password protected and I know of no way to do this When I go to hit Enter concerning the drive a quick screen pops up saying there is no CD DVD drive Windows loads but all icons task bar etc fail to load My desktop screen comes up and so does my cursor but that is it This haoppened twice and niether Ctrl-Alt-Del nor trying to shut it down via power button would reboot it It remained frozen except the cursor I had to unplug the power cord for a hard shut-down This is a long way of asking How Need to Change Boot Sequence does one change the Boot sequence for a Tecra S Or how can I tell what the sequence Need to Change Boot Sequence is at this moment Thanks for reading this nbsp

A:Need to Change Boot Sequence

On most toshiba use ESC to enter bios setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-change-boot-sequence.121066/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi! everyone, can anyone tell me why we cannot use same benchmark (suite) for different paradigms of computing??

This question was asked in my midterm exam, but i don't know the answer yet.

thanx in Advance

A:Why we change benchmark

I'm sure there will be much better answers, but one answer is there are new technologies that processors use. For example SSE. From Wikipedia:

The earlier SIMD instruction sets on the x86 platform, from oldest to newest, are MMX, 3DNow! (developed by AMD), SSE and SSE2.
SSE3 contains 13 new instructions over SSE2.Click to expand...

The same thing happens with GPU technology, each edition of 3DMark tests new technologies that have came out since their prior edition.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-we-change-benchmark.124969/
Relevancy 21.93%

Is anyone out there who can help me? I am registered with Incredimail for emails & I need to change my email address with them & although I have tried every which way to find out how to do this I cannot find a link within incredimail.
I would appreciate any help I can get as it
is driving me crazy. If I am unsuccesful I will have to remove Incredimail & go elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-change-incredimail-email-address.123976/
Relevancy 22.36%

How can i change the service tag on a dell latitude c610 everything is unlocked i just want to change the service tag to some thing else. Tanks in advance can it be changed from windows os icurrently have no cd or foppy drives for said pc.

A:Svc tag change from Win OS?

Yep it can be changed (from DOS not Windows)
Have a read here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post663618-9.html

It's good to have an easy one, every now and then

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/svc-tag-change-from-win-os.122295/
Relevancy 22.36%

My PC has DDR 400 RAM but in BIOS it ses its 333Mhz and i cant change it ! Is it stuck like that or can the bios be set up/flashed so i can change it.

A:Can't change RAM speed

Before doing anything, I suggest you check your mobo manual to see what's supported etc.

I definitely don't recommend a bios update, unless you know for a fact it is needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-ram-speed.118625/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi All - Confident a PSU had died on me again I replaced it with a Zalman ZM OK Cool Only disconnected power sources and the not SATA PSU change? after recognized SATA connection to move around a little SATA not recognized after PSU change? easier Reconnected everything back up and the drive is not recognized in the BIOS cuz SATA not recognized after PSU change? it doesn t seem to be spinning up - at all Tried two different connectors from two different SATA ports on the MOBO I still have two available to try No other drives connected except DVD-ROM drive via IDE channel Even tried booting with IDE disconnected but the boot order is still HD first CD DVD rom second Cables on back of Zalman are firmly connected and even tried using the extra SATA cable to verify All fans spin up fine and get through BIOS and HW check - just no HD to boot from CD DVD-ROM is recognized and powers up SATA is a Seagate Machine is custom I have a second Vista Boot HD that also used to work but is also not getting juice Both drives are not connected at once Please tell me I m missing something really stupid S Thanks Jon nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-not-recognized-after-psu-change.120392/