Windows Support Forum

Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes

Q: Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes

Computer covers whole screen with either white or white with black and blue stripes Multiple times a day This computer was and Freezes white with turns Screen white stripes or bought in HP Media Center PC Within the second week this freezing it freezes and the screen has a white or white with Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes black and blue stipes occured yes second week my brother was uninformed and thought it was normal and didnt return it It happened often enough as to save anything you were working on every ten to twenty minutes on a bad day It Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes settled and slowly became less of a problem then stoped One day he got a virus and had to restore the computer the freezing started up again same as last time it settled then stoped a month later i recieved this computer as a hand me down as my brother went to college and got a MAC That was in mid summer of a week and a half ago i got a huge virus i restored my computer and the freezing started up again after not doing it once for over a year It has gotten as bad as freezing every minutes some nights And earlier today it froze i turned off and on my computer went down stairs and when i came back it was frozen again I had not even used and program Please help if you have any idea whats wrong Things to keep in mind -It only happened after the computer was restored or bought ish -Its not a normal freeze where you see the programs on the screen still the screen goes completely white or white with black and blue stripes - years old Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes

Then maybe it isn't freezing at all. Maybe there's a problem with your monitor, vga cable, or video card.

Try a different monitor/cable and see if that changes anything. If it doesn't, then try reseating the video card--if any--and if that doesn't work I suggest getting a cheap one from someone's old pc at least to test with.

Installing a new video card can be complicated, but google search for a guide or follow the setup instructions for the video card to the letter and you'll have no problems.

Let us know what's going on, we love to help here... it's like an addiction, but we can stop anytime... really we can.

Welcome to TSF. I know I come off a bit strange, but most of the people here are friendly... and nowhere near as messed up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-freezes-and-turns-white-or-white-with-stripes-402336.html
Relevancy 85.87%

i dont know what to do i have had computers for years but never had one do this before it doesnt happen everytime i open windows but it happens enough to be a problem i just got this laptop a week ago and it has worked fine being used everyday for hours until yesterday ie &/or white turns up,screen locks freezes! and black when i open IE the screen pops up and it sometime freezes or screen stays ie locks up,screen turns white &/or black and freezes! white ie locks up,screen turns white &/or black and freezes! with my homepage title in the address bar but ie locks up,screen turns white &/or black and freezes! nothing happens sometimes when i open a second screen it will turn black and small white windows open with little white boxes with gray exclamation points inside them at the same time this started happening i noticed that when i right click and click on open in new window it doesnt do it and opens window taking me away from the screen i was on it has been doing that alot too i noticed that days ago i had left the computer on overnight when i came into the frontroom to wake it up the next morning the IE emblem in the task bar was gone and i had to put it back also sometimes when i am on a website my cursor even dissapears and right after it happens the screen will lock up too Happens on many different sites but happens alot on yahoo too can anyone tell me what is going on please my computer is only a week and a half old and it is a Lenovo B Model AFU CPU Sandy Bridge B gb RAM gb Hard Drive ODD RAMBO Windows Home Premium SP please help

A:ie locks up,screen turns white &/or black and freezes!

forgot to mention this above, but before i even turned computer on for the first time, a 4gb ram upgrade was installed, could this be caused by a faulty memory card?????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-locks-up-screen-turns-white-and-or-black-and-freezes-622748.html
Relevancy 85.87%

I everyone,

Last night my pc was working just fine, but this morning when I wanted to start him up I could smell a light burn. When I started the pc up(after checking that everything was fine inside), the screen came up white with colorfull stripes and then changed to a black screen with color stripes. Its the first time this has happened and I'm not sure if its the videochip or what. I've build the pc myself and had no problems for 2 years. The specs ar below:

Asus Crosshair Mobo
XFX 8800GTS PCI-E
AMD Daul-Core 6000 Chip
4x1G OCZ PC2 6400 memory
Kandalf case with build in watercooling
Samsung 26" T260 monitor (please dont say its the monitor!)

I also considered the mobo, but I dont have the knowledge you guys have so I'll leave it in your capable brains.

Thanks for reading.

A:Black screen with colorfull stripes and then white screen with stripes?

I have the same problem, it was my video card. Try taking out the video card and putting it in a buddies system, then try putting theirs in your system. First make sure they are compatible though. That's the easy way to either say it is the video card or isn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-colorfull-stripes-and-then-white-screen-with-stripes.141991/
Relevancy 83.08%

Hey, im pretty new to this forum and i need some help. Well recently, my computer has some strange lines on the left side of the screen, and a large black dot near the bottom. I don't know what the problem is or how it happened, i tried restarting my laptop but its still there. I am using Windows 7, 64 bit on an Acer Aspire 4736ZG. The stripes also get in the way of the start button. I would post a screenie, but it's on the monitor itself and print screen doesnt capture it.

A:[HELP] White Stripes On Screen [HELP]

My guess is you need a new monitor. It could be a motherboard problem though too.

Try replacing the monitor, or if you have a PC you can connect to, try connecting the laptop to the PC and switching your display to the PC monitor. If the lines appear on the PC monitor, your problem will be motherboard related.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-white-stripes-on-screen-help-564077.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Well, when i logged in, the Webroot Security said it will expire in 3 days, i dismissed it...opened up minecraft, being the second day after 1.8, I destroyed a block in minecraft, and my computer crashed with a white screen and blue stripes going verticly down. I panicked and spamed the ctrl alt del, ctrl alt, esc, then unplugged t, and took out the battery in panic.
Now whenever i turn it on, it gives a black screen, it still runs but it doesnt do anything more. Can i please have any suggestions, tips, tricks, and or help on getting around this?

Edit: Forgot to mention it is a Toshiba, model no. PSK2LU - 001003

A:Laptop crashed with white screen and blue stripes

Hi explosm357 and Welcome to TSF,

How far the boot process do you get? I'm just curious as to if you see anything at all in the beginning, the black/white text?

As my first thought it's a hardware issue, so i'll move it over to the hardware part, so we can still use this thread.

You could try another monitor, and try tilting the screen up/down to see if it reacts in any way. Does the PC turn hot if you have it on for a while?

It's either a GPU or PSU fault i'd suspect.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-crashed-with-white-screen-and-blue-stripes-601626.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I didn't really know where to post this. I'm new to this forum and I got a problem with my very old and bad PC.

Specs: (don't laugh)
Motherboard: Leonite-GL8E / ASUS P5LP-LE / leonite 5.00
CPU: Intel Pentium D 915 2.8GHz
RAM: 4GB
GRAPHIC CARD: Idk how to check this without turning the pc as it doesn't load the windows?

Issue:
Whenever I turn my PC white stripes appear on the screen while booting and loading windows then they change to blue. I had Windows 7 Ultimete x64 and a blue screen appeared all the time while loading the system and said something about graphic card. I then done a format to Windows XP as it didn't even let me instal new any Windows 7 system and the XP worked fine but the stripe were still there although only while booting.

There's few pictures how it looks. Please help.

A:White stripes on the screen while booting then blue screen.

Either power supply can't deliver enough power for graphics card or graphics card is dying but this white stripes indicate that it's probably second one.

Well you can check graphics card model by looking at it-you may recognize it;or there is a sticker on the graphics card from which you could read it's model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/378193-white-stripes-screen-while-booting-then-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 101.48%

My laptop screen turns to white color after running for sometime.What is the possible cause of this and the solution.kindly help.thanks.

A:screen turns to white

nelbert said:

My laptop screen turns to white color after running for sometime.What is the possible cause of this and the solution.kindly help.thanks.Click to expand...

Try to start in BIOS and leave the Screen on, see if it shows the same problem?
You could also start up in safe mode and wait till it shows tha problem or not.
In the first option no Windows is active and therefor no software related error can occur.
In the second most applications are out of order. you could also after start and exeute MSCONFIG command unselect all unnecessary startups and restart.
It could be your videocard or driver or your screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-turns-to-white.578778/
Relevancy 100.19%

I have Windows Vista SP Home premium bit on my laptop and lately it has been doing a very strange thing All of a sudden my screen goes completely white and the only way to get rid of it is to hit the quot show desktop quot button on my keyboard then right click the button that has appeared on my taskbar that says quot blank page-Internet Explorer quot and click quot close quot from the menu Why is it doing this Can anybody help me I was talking with people on bleepingcomputer com about this but we never found an answer I have ran several recommended scans and one scan found a trojan and deleted it however the blank page is still happening and with even more frequency than before Oh I also tried updating my video driver at their instruction and turns my suddenly screen white..... I'm not positive that I did this correctly as nothing on the list was suddenly my screen turns white..... actually called a quot video quot driver and I'm not completely literate with computers lol so I updated something like NVDIA or something like that Thank you Karen

A:suddenly my screen turns white.....

I have sony vaio new laptop windows home premium. Suddenly, my computer screen turns white at times. Today I went to firefox and everything turned white. I restarted the computer to get my normal screen back. I don't know why this happens. if you get it solved, please post an answer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suddenly-my-screen-turns-white-293122.html
Relevancy 100.19%

My HP Pavilion G4 laptop screen is white when I turn it on. When connected to an external monitor, it works fine. Any suggestions for the cause and a solution?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Laptop Screen Turns White

If the external monitor is fine, then you know the problem is from the mother board cable connection to the screen itself.  The problem point for notebooks is where the cable goes through the hinge.  You could try to wiggle that to see if the picture changes. The other possibility is that the connection from the cable to the screen has come loose and the final solution I can think of is that the screen itself is bad.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-Screen-Turns-White/td-p/1817009
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi

I have a compaq computer running on windows vista home basic, I have a problem when I start the system, the desktop loads ok but then after about 30 sec the display turns white and I am unable to get the desktop back, I have restarted the system a number of times but the same thing keeps happening.
When the display turns white there is a strange message on their which you would get if you were trying to load a web-page but had no internet connection.
I have 2 users on the computer one works fine I can go in there and use the internet but the other is where I have the problem, and this is where all my work files are.

Can anyone give me any tips.

Thanks

Rick

A:computer screen turns white

Looks like you got a virus, I've had this one before, it opens a fullscreen internet browser which you cant click away and it whants to give you something where you have to pay for. I'd suggest you'd go to the virus removal section of this forum and repost it there.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-screen-turns-white-668897.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Ok what happens here? And how can I fix it?

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?doc...16359936&hl=nl

A:Screen turns flickering white

Hello Soulboy69,

Does it do this every time you start the system?

Can you boot the system in Safe Mode or does it still go blank?

Have you tried a different monitor?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-turns-flickering-white-313984.html
Relevancy 100.19%

A few years ago I purchased an HP x monitor from a friend About a month ago my screen went completely white and after some troubleshooting I determined that the problem was the monitor and not the video card I was about to put the monitor in the garage but with three kids my budget is Monitor White Screen turns tight and replacing it would put a strain on things so I went to HP s site and read about some Monitor Screen turns White folks who suggested turning the monitor upside down and tapping on the top would fix it Surprisingly this worked So after about a week when it happened again I turned the monitor upside down a few times and my screen returned This week when it happened usually when the computer is unattended maybe gone to sleep I merely had to tilt the screen forward and the picture would come back Also I noticed that the power adapter looks broken like it is coming apart as if my four year old child has stepped on it I am sure that it should be replaced and this is pretty doable for me One person suggested that something inside the monitor is loose and turning it upside down restores it albeit temporarily Should I start to save for another monitor because eventually this solution may not work anymore Or is it possible that the problem is being caused by the adaptor that is breaking apart and I might just have to replace the power adaptor Thanks in advance any insight into this issue would be appreciated justyermama nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-screen-turns-white.1150340/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi,
Today I upgraded my motherboard and when I booted it started up normally, showed the first second or so of the windows logo then went to an orange screen with white stripes, as in the picture below:

I have tried:
Booting into safemode
Replacing the GPU
checked the RAM
Rebuilt the MBR
Checked the partitions
Made Sure everything is plugged in

I have an SSD with windows on the C: and a HDD with a few programs on D: . I have ran the Windows recovery programs as well.

A:Orange With White Stripes

you would need to re-install windows and also the chipset drivers for the new motherboard - unless its identical to the old motherboard ?

is it an identical replacement ?

post back the make and model and revision of the old board - should be written on the actual board itself
and the same for the new motherboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/orange-with-white-stripes-770082.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi folks,

Working on my laptop for about an hour and closed it. Booted it back up 15 minutes later and opened Firefox...all of a sudden the screen started turning white. Ctrl+alt+delete to reboot and the same thing happened in the start screen. Not sure if this is virus or hardware related. Would love some input!

Cheers,
Tina

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi guys I am having a problem deducing the issue with a friend s laptop It s a Toshiba Equium U not sure the rest of the specs are relevant Basically the screen ONLY works if it is angled all the way back And it works perfectly fine in this position However if you try to angle the screen down in a closing direction the screen will immediately turn white You can then tilt the screen backwards again and press FN F shortcut for Laptop at most screen white turns angles alternate display and it will flash back to life again I assume that it is a cable connection issue And would rule out faulty LCD inverter if it works at one angle I have tried researching this and have only found issues where the screen turns black not white I don t have my screwdrivers with me and cannot open the Laptop screen turns white at most angles screen yet to check connections I am just curious if anyone knows if this behaviour is linked to motherboard etc Thanks in advance for any replies Josh nbsp

A:Laptop screen turns white at most angles

The LCD video cable is being pinched by one of the top hinges. It may be permanently damaged and will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-turns-white-at-most-angles.172263/
Relevancy 99.33%

I am using a Compaq Presario V since Win XP Home AMD Sempron ATI Radeon Xpress M Gb Ram Since the last couple months once in a few weeks while I am using my computer my Screen Rainbow turns / White Laptop screen turns to what is depicted in the Image file attached here Earlier it Laptop Screen turns White / Rainbow would fix itself in about a minute or two Or I d have to move or twist the screen a bit But recently the only fix that works is a restart I can not see anything on the screen and thus use a keyboard shortcut for restart From what I have read around its probably the Inverter or whatever is the chip behind the screen frame where it says quot Compaq quot that is troubled and replacing it would fix it But before I take it to HP and get myself ripped off I could use some advice Thanks a ton and ask if there s any more info that is required PS The picture does not reflect the rainbow colors because the colors are due to the background During me clicking the picture there was nothing running I guess nbsp

A:Laptop Screen turns White / Rainbow

Since no one has any info here, I'll post what I learn. Might help others.

Since the backlight is working fine, it is not and Inverter or a Backlight Issue.
And I can hook it to a external monitor (when my screen is knocked out) and it works fine. Thus motherboard and video card are fine as well.

That leaves us with the LCD wiring / cable and the Panel in itself.
I have decided to wait for a few days before I take it to a tech because I do not move the panel at all and it seems to be stable for now.

Will update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-turns-white-rainbow.919904/
Relevancy 99.33%

My operating system is VistaStarter SP1, I am using a built in graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with max. memory of 313MB. This problem occurs when I play a game called "Special Force Online" and when I maximize spider solitaire... how mysterious. It also shows in the Nvidia Control Panel. Just view the attachment or link for the sample image. hope this problem will be solved so I can avoid reinstalling my OS. Its so painful...Here's the image sample:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227724/screen-turns-black-and-white-and-smaller/
Relevancy 99.33%

Alright guys!

Just throwing this question out there.

My boss gave me a computer to play with a few days ago.
It is a very old laptop from HP.

HP Compaq nx5000.

The problem is that when I try to start the computer the screen turns white and nothing else happens. No matter how long I keep it on. So i removed the battery and tried to have a very causious look inside but found nothing out of the ordinary. That beeing said I have never opend a laptop before.
Any suggestions?

Hyper

A:Laptop screen turns white on upstart.

Does it seem to continue booting, even though you cannot see anything? Do you get the mfr. splash screen? POST? Have you tried an external monitor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-turns-white-on-upstart.851935/
Relevancy 99.33%

when i turn my laptop on the screen is just white but i can still hear the hard drive running and i hooked it up to an external monitor and i see everything on the monitor but not on my laptop screen. What is the problem ? and how can i fix it? do i need a new screen?

A:my laptop screen turns white when i turn it on

Yes Tariq_01. That indicates for the replacement of the display panel.Before that, I suggest you do a hard reset.Shut down the system.Unplug AC adapter, disconnect it from laptopDisconnect all the external peripheral devices attached.Remove the batteryPress and hold POWER button on the laptop for 15-30 seconds.Wait for few minutesConnect batteryPlug in AC adapterPower on.If this doesn't help, only option left is display panel replacement. Contact HP in your region.Hope it resolved your issue,thanks,***PLEASE CLICK "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM******CLICK KUDOS IF YOU APPRECIATE MY REPLY***

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-laptop-screen-turns-white-when-i-turn-it-on/td-p/4127810
Relevancy 99.33%

My Asus x54l screen turns white and flickers I don't use it anymore because of this. THE STORY: one day I cracked it in a couple months later it started turning white and screens now it usually is just white I thought I just might need to buy a new screen but I'm not sure What do you think?

Thanks

Relevancy 98.47%

With my old mx card everything was showing perfectly on TV but now with my new pc and NVIDIA gt card when I connect to TV I have these problems White bright horizontal stripes from text folder corners and other places also in games Lightening changes every few and other What on glich is tv? this stripes problems! White second from bright to What is this glich on tv? White stripes and other problems! dark and then again from dark to bright but only when I move my mouse What is this glich on tv? White stripes and other problems! or work with pc Every few minutes picture becomes black and white for a second also in games The gt has pin out connection to that I connect component cable with pin out on the other end and then to that pin out I connect s-video to scart cable I have no idea what these bright stripes are called so I cant find anything in Google Only thing that reduces a little bit these stripes is if I set flickering to max but then picture is to blurry Look in to picture at folder corner to see what I amp m talking about nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-this-glich-on-tv-white-stripes-and-other-problems.623151/
Relevancy 98.47%

I had an ugly accident with my Laptop the other day when I dropped my backpack from about 1 m above ground with the computer inside
When I turned it on it had some white stripes on the screen, as you can see on the attached screen shot (I drew the lines in Photoshop, since they donīt appear on a screen shot, but thatīs how it looks). Obviously this is because of the computerīs fall, but I would like to know if someone can tell me if this is could be a problem with the LCD-screen, the graphics card or some loose connection?

I know it may be difficult to say without looking at the computer, but maybe someone can make a guess?

Thank you.

A:Vertical white stripes on LCD monitor

this is dead videochip. it will be good if you tell us exact model of your laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-white-stripes-on-lcd-monitor.101486/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a lenovo laptop,Z580 Today out of nowhere the whole screen turned white. I shut down the laptop but when i tried to reboot,The screen was still white.Something told me to just remove the battery and see if that would at least get it to boot and here i am,However,the battery is currently out. What could be the problem?Will it happen again? I only have a month left until work starts again,Can't have it breaking </3

A:Lenovo Laptop Screen Turns White Upon Boot?

Hmm sounds like you may have a monitor problem mate - can you get into safe mode?? if you can run these
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

NB SFC best run for about three runs

if no go then do these
SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
AdwCleaner Download
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

One last thing try leaving the battery out unplug form the power source and hold down the power button for around 10-20 seconds and then power up again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398335-lenovo-laptop-screen-turns-white-upon-boot.html
Relevancy 98.04%

My computer screen on my Hp Envy notebook turns milky white. I ran the palette test and it was a failure. Failure id:  Q08JJ0-77U88Q-MFGH7F-Q2A003 I would be thankful for your assistance! Regards Farzad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-15-screen-turns-white-and-Palette-failure/td-p/5794252
Relevancy 97.18%

When PC is idling, the screen turn into red, green, blue, white, black, and every time I need to turn off the machine. It says "the best driver software for your device is already installed" -  Intel HD Graphics. I have tried uninstall, install.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Screen-turns-to-red-green-blue-white-black-after-upgrade-to/td-p/5669032
Relevancy 97.18%

My Laptop screen had been working perfectly for months Then out of the blue It started to get washed out white monitor! Laptop from when white Screen turns unplugged WIN7 I do not know how long this has been happening or when it started but I just noticed it recently on a trip I use my Acer Laptop WIN7 Laptop Screen turns white when unplugged from monitor! as a work PC so WIN7 Laptop Screen turns white when unplugged from monitor! it's generally plugged into a Monitor I was traveling amp I brought it with me I turned it on amp all WIN7 Laptop Screen turns white when unplugged from monitor! seemed normal The flying Win colors did there dance as the system started to boot up Then I'd see the quot Login quot screen for a second or then Bam the screen went white out of nowhere I thought I was the victim of some kind of quot white-screen-of death quot The Laptop is barely a year old Then I noticed if I tilted the screen all the way forward I could make out the Login screen icon amp window I typed my password amp it continued to boot up Now my desktop was normal with all the colors correct I figured it was a weird glitch a time thing After about - second the screen when white again Now there was no way to get it back to normal I could see everything on my desktop in the faded white washed out background I ended up doing emails in that condition it sucked -I've tried rebooting x times Same thing happens -I've check amp installed all latest Windows Updates -I did Virus amp malware scan x with nothing dangerous found -I checked to see if my brightness level was somehow set all the way up Nope -I started in Safe mode x It does NOT get the White out effect However it does NOT fix it upon normal reboot -I have OS on my Laptop Vista came with it originally For work we got Win I can boot to Vista fine every time -When the screen is all washed out I can plug it into my monitor amp it works amp looks just fine I have no idea why this is happening amp would love to get some help with this Maybe I'm doing something stupid If so please let me know I appreciate any help I can get Thanks everybody -----------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-laptop-screen-turns-white-when-unplugged-from-monitor-497638.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello everybody. I own a Zbook, and today a small white dot appeard on my screen. Is brighten then his surroundings and it can be perfectly be seen on the white background. Is quite annoying. Anyone knows a cure for this? my notebook is under warranty, but i still i will prefer if i can fix it somehow whitout changing the display. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Small-white-spot-on-monitor-more-visible-with-white-screen/td-p/5632612
Relevancy 96.32%

I got this bsod (?) today. What does it mean?

Attachment 13711

A:Weird bsod - vertical black and white stripes

Follow this

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/16656-weird-bsod-vertical-black-white-stripes.html
Relevancy 95.89%

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

A:HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/
Relevancy 95.89%

I have the same problem When turning on the laptop screen goes to white I can hear windows starting but cannot see anything I Laptop white starts and white stays screen up connected it to an external monitor which will only display once windows has loaded I then took the whole laptop apart and discovered the LCD cable was frayed due to a faulty laptop hinge I replaced the cable and it was the same just white The problem I think is with the motherboard Laptop screen starts up white and stays white and the intergrated video card Upon taking the whole thing apart I noticed that where the video card plugs in is right where the heat sink is and the cooling fan which gets exceptional hot I figure it has fried the board to the extend the monitor will not work where it is plugged in but the external monitor will work but only when windows boots So sad to say because of the the heat this laptop puts off and if you have it sitting on your lap or bed or anywhere else that it cannot cool properly it has over heated and you will have to get a new motherboard Moderator note Moved from this thread - http www techspot com community t up-white-and-stays-white post- nbsp

A:Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

"I connected it to an external monitor, which will only display once windows has loaded"... This is normal behavior because the video signal to the external monitor is not sent until Windows loads. If you can see normal video, the motherboard video chip is good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199498/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi all.

Last night I was watching a video on YouTube and also using Google Earth, when out of the blue, my screen changed to these white and light blue vertical stripes running down it, I'd say about an inch in width. These stripes took up the whole screen. The Caps Lock light did not turn on when I pressed Caps Lock, which meant my computer had crashed. Can anyone tell me why this happened?

Specs:

Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop
1 GB DDR RAM
120 GB HDD
ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 graphics card
AMD Turion 64 X2 1.8 Ghz processor

I haven't had much luck with finding anyone else with the same problem

A:White and Light Blue vertical stripes?[moved fromxp]

Welcome to TSF....

I would try first removing the video display drivers from device manager and then rebooting the computer to see if windows will re-install them.

Also downloading the drivers from the manufacturers web site for the video card might also be a good idea and try updating the drivers thru device manager.

Another thing is if you have another video card you might want to give installing that one to see if it fixes the problem...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/white-and-light-blue-vertical-stripes-moved-fromxp-239309.html
Relevancy 94.6%

When I try to go into windows Explore to copy or delete files Explore freezes but it does not crash and speed is incredibly slow. Many times Freezes but I can X out. Internet Explorer works but mainly Black and White background as ALL areas in the sites I visit I cannot see the color coded prompts. This just happened. I was using Microsoft Essentials but that even froze. Now I have Kapersky trial but that did not find any viruses or malware after scanning. Any suggestions please? Thanks - DennisM

A:Windows 7 Freezes - Explore Freezes - Internet White Screen

Does everything you do on the computer freeze/move slow?
Please publish a snap shot of your system using speccy following this tutorial
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526828/windows-7-freezes-explore-freezes-internet-white-screen/
Relevancy 94.17%

We have several computers here that are all of a sudden having problems watching radar (weather channel - we're a landscape company)or any video or pictures that change. The screens either get white squares that keep coming up across the area or the area is completely white....several operating systems from XP to 7.

A:white squares or completely white screen

Are they all updated with the latest video card drivers, directx, and flash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430429/white-squares-or-completely-white-screen/
Relevancy 92.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home across and up top freezes line screen of white Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm M AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD white line across top of screen and freezes up M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard F Antivirus Computer Security Updated and Enabled Hi i don t know if this is the right place to post this but i need some advice about my computer Whenever i use my computer after it hasn t been used for a while when i open it it gets a white line across the top of the screen Then my screen freezes up and my screen goes funny The only way i can get it to work again is to hook it up to an external monitor When the screen finally clears up and i unplug the monitor it starts working good again Do you have any ideas about why my computer would be doing this Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite A laptop with x x and is running Windows for operating system It is my st windows computer The problem began several weeks ago when I death computer screen freezes white was in Facebook playing Castle Age Thew entire screen turned a white screen death freezes computer milky white and it stayed frozen that way for a minute or so but came back with no apparent change Since I wasn t downloading anything I wondered if I had gotten a Trojan or other virus from Facebook as I had read about such things recently So immediately I began AVG Ad-aware and Malwarebytes leaving the computer running until evening No viruses were found I wanted to be sure so I downloaded spy-bot from cnet com the only place i will download a program unless it is directly from the manufacturer Several days later I became determined to win a particular battle and found that castle age s quot washing machine quot animation telling the site was working could be stopped sometimes speeding the action by clicking more often My computer responded like lightning I was so pleased at my purchase As the days went on though the white screen popped up more often and the quot hold quot or quot freeze quot action would extend a little until it was like a minute long I started to tell friends in chat and they said there was a virus that was downloading with quot gifts quot from the other players All of the sudden I started to receive emails saying I had been sending out links to porn sites I checked in help and found that facebook had been compromised and searched until I found solution - remove my nd email account and change all my passwords which I did immediately I went online and wrote to everyone in all my email accounts that my Yahoo account had plus sent emails to anyone else from other accounts just the same and asked everyone to write if they got an email from me that was only a link not to open it I also included the links with the hyperlink removed in all but the one I sent to the FBI to report the culprits No problems for a few weeks until I fought in one of the new battles called Army of Apocalypse and had to get it done very quickly so I clicked rapidly and then suddenly as I had experienced before the white screen of death came and ate the computer It remained for more than minutes and I had to manually turn off the computer to restart it I thought I d gotten the virus again so I removed Firefox changed all my passwords and reloaded firefox again adding google chrome A couple days later white screen again only this time it was moving between the MS Word I had bought and firefox MS Word never worked again I bought MS Word and returned word All worked great for a week or so then the white screen came back Only I was in Word this time having gotten an idea and was writing my thoughts on it First my cursor started to flash a couple of times then the whole screen It would flash between Firefox and Word back and forth quickly Now it has mutated I thought so I manually shut it off and restarted removed firefox ran all the anti-virus programs and started to use google chrome I wrote to Microsoft and was given address for MS Word again I removed it and downloaded MS Word again I added Safari Chrome and Firefox starting all three before a battle to try to see if I could switch between the programs to keep working on the same page using each of the browsers Guess what happened again For the last few days we ve had a competition called Arena I am heavily invested to it and sitting in the top I do not wish to lose my placement so I must find a sloution for this problem It has already cost me money through favor point purchases To make up for the problems I ve had to sacrifice in order to win at great expense I d prefer to win without going broke or having to lose sleep so I can participate more Any ideas on what I should do next Thank you in advance for your speedy response Mikey air

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372278/white-screen-death-freezes-computer/
Relevancy 91.16%

A little something before I begin, I have an old Acer laptop, Windows XP and the screen is all ******, so I use a monitor to view the screen.

And this afternoon I was using my laptop and all was fine until there was a short circuit, all the appliances in the house was shut down.

3 hours later when I turned on my laptop the screen started acting up. One particular problem is my cursor, it had black and white stripes, and I never heard this happened before. Next is my screen which freezes very frequently and then it goes black and goes back to normal. This is getting annoying and I have no idea what is wrong. I did a system restore to yesterday's date and to no avail, nothing was changed. Freezing screen, blinking screen and black and white cursor.

Please help? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Cursor black and white, screen freezes and then blinks. Help!

Seems that your GPU might be faulty because of the power outage.

Can you take a picture of your screen and post it here?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cursor-black-and-white-screen-freezes-and-then-blinks-help-607819.html
Relevancy 91.16%

While using my Gateway laptop it will frequently fade white and freeze. This problem is sporadic at times and constant other times. I cannot figure out a pattern to the problem. I am unclear whether this is a software or harware problem. All I really know is that it is really annoying. I am wondering if anyone out there could help me diagnose this problem. Sometimes, faded white lines appear on the screen and become more intense, depending on the amount of time it is frozen. The problem can last anywhere from a second to almost a minute. When it fades you can still see the the monitor picture kind of, but like I said it is blurred. Someone please help!

A:Gateway Laptop Screen Fades Out To White And Freezes

Have you plugged in an external monitor to see if it happens then?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33746/gateway-laptop-screen-fades-out-to-white-and-freezes/
Relevancy 90.73%

I got a 2nd hand laptop the other day and when im on web pages that have a white background the white looks a little like cream not white as it should do.

i have changed the brightness but still the same and the screen has been cleaned so what could be the problem and what can i do about it?

the laptop runs on Vista.

A:White is not White on my laptop screen

Welcome
Follow this tutorial specifically,intensity
Color Scheme

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292893-white-not-white-my-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi And thanks for reading this post Description Windows Starter netbook loads desktop is visible for about seconds then is taken over by a white screen with a submit box on the right bottom portion of the screen Other than a one-line warning that says You have seconds to connect to the to White How Virus Pop-Up Disable - White Screen? Screen internet there are no other messages or directions I suspect it is some type of flawed ransomware with an intelligent very well-hidden code From a USB using command prompt I've tried several dozen malware scanners including HitmanPro and MalwareBytes without success White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen? The computer was infected on and the virus seems to have deleted any previous restore point s The white screen virus locks up Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking The white screen also launches when trying to use explorer exe or opening up notepad to save a file to the desktop Tried to use a new user account to bypass the virus but the white screen locks up the new user account in the same way Safe Mode with Command Prompt works I am thankful to be here for some professional help and look forward to the learning experience I followed Bleeping Computer's directions and uploaded the relevant logs from a recently run Farbar scan Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide

A:White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen?

Greetings RecycleZone and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please do this.===================================================Recovery Environment - MBR Dump Using Farbar's Recvovery Scan Tool and ListParts--------------------For this step you will need a USB device and start on a clean computer if necessary.Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txtS3 catchme; \??\C:\Users\RZ\AppData\Local\Temp\catchme.sys [X]
S1 epp32; \??\D:\bin\epp32.sys [X]
U2 ERSvc; no ImagePath
U2 IAStorDataMgrsvc; no ImagePath
U2 NIHardwareService; no ImagePath
U2 NVSvc; no ImagePath
U0 Partizan; system32\drivers\Partizan.sys [X]
U2 srService; no ImagePath
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:E965A533
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\RZ\Documents\Opera_NI_stable.exe:BDU
C:\windows\system32\umstartup000.etl
SaveMbr: Drive=0
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool for 32 bit systems and save it to a USB device.Download ListParts for 32 bit systems and save it to your USB devicePlug the flashdrive into the infected PC and follow the 2 step process below to enter the System Recovery Options using one of the three options li... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597761/white-screen-virus-how-to-disable-white-pop-up-screen/
Relevancy 89.01%

I bought a second hand old toshiba satellite l300 laptop from a garage sale because i was planning to use it for downloading it was a vista home premium so i updated it to windows 7 ultimate the problem is when i open it after upgrading (after few minutes) it freezes to white, blue or black screen. I rebooted it several times the same result happens.

I tried using it own safe mode but I don't experience the same problem, i just want to know what could be the possible reason for this to occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391113-laptop-freezes-white-sometimes-blue-black-screen-normal-mode.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Greetings to all,
I have this annoying screen problem that has finally taken its toll on me. While doing anything online (Google, Email, Surfing etc) my computer screen will freeze and then go a white translucent color.
It happens across the board on anything I may be working on.
If I am in Google, and I'm also checking email, or working on an Excel Sheet, all 3 things will freeze and go white.

I have attached my HijackThis Log, as well as the DDS and Attach txt.
Please let me know if there is any other info that is needed to help me solve this annoying problem.

The freeze usually lasts a minute sometimes 2...and as you can imagine, when you're working at a frantic pace, having to stop and start is really annoying.
I have run all my antivirus software (AdAware, AVG, CCleaner) but nothing fixes it.

Hope someone can offer some help.

MissPamela

A:Screen Freezes and I get a White Transparent Screen

I will try to post an image of the screen so you can get a visual of what I mean

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-freezes-and-i-get-a-white-transparent-screen.988941/
Relevancy 86%

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleoview W19.

When I leave my computer for a good while (like overnight) and come back the monitor only displays a white screen. Restarting the computer or plugging the monitor in and out does not help. The only solution I've found is to turn the monitor off and on again until it works, and that took me about 50 tries last time.

So if anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful

A:LCD monitor turns white

1. Don't leave your computer on overnight?
2. If you do, at least turn off the screen. You can set it to turn off after a set period of minutes.
3. Buy a new screen.

I don't know whats causing the problem or if it can be fixed so best wait for some of the others to reply.

Have you tried the screen on a different computer and the computer on a different screen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-turns-white.739281/
Relevancy 86%

Hi, as I mentioned in the title my monitor has just completely gone white. It doesn't seem to be the graphics card, because I plugged in my laptop to the monitor via VGA cable and still it turns white. But I can't really confirm whether if it really is my graphics card or my monitor cause I don't have another monitor to test it out on.

A:Monitor turns white!

SO basically you have tried the monitor on two different computers? if this is true, in doing this did you use a different VGA Cable or the same one in both cases? Also does the monitor display it's on screen set up display when you press the control buttons?

I could be as simple as a bad VGA Cable, or it could be the monitor itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-white.949504/
Relevancy 86%

Why does the game turn white when i play. The menu is good but the game is white. I can make out some objects but only a few and they are very hard to see.
Please help!

A:Game Turns White

Please don't post duplicate threads. Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/games/529783-menu-screen-good-game-grapics.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-turns-white.529785/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have the same issue as another user on this forum. Not sure why, but his thread was closed -- despite not actually being solved.

A few important pieces of information:

- The LCD monitor can be revived by hooking it up to a specific laptop (in my case, the Acer that I'm using is able to get it back to normal again).

- Second, it is not an overheating issue -- as suggested in the closed thread.

- Third, it is not a fault with the backlight (also as suggested in the closed thread).

Finally, this issue began, around the same time that I was hit by a virus.

Is it possible for a virus to attack the circuitry of a modern energy star rated monitor?

... I've seen stranger things, in my time.

A:BENQ monitor turns white

This is usually the monitor or the cable. The fact that it seems to work on the laptop raises the possibility that it's the video card, but I notice you said "specific laptop" Does that mean that sometimes it stays white with other laptops? What is the refresh rate and resolution on the desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-monitor-turns-white.981936/
Relevancy 84.71%

hey guys
i just got a new comp
nf7-s
ahtlon 2500
512 ddr 400 ram
80 gb 8mb cache
winfast a350 tdh (ge force fx 5900xt)

neways i couldnt install windows as my other post says, but i just noticed that it seems like the colors are wrong. i tried installing windows 98 and turned color off and it was purple text on a black background. do i cure this when i install drivers later on?

Relevancy 84.71%

Anyone can tell me what this is, once In a while my computer just crashes or shows this screen then restarts itself. Please view the video link: dell problem - YouTube

edit: suggest category/unsure

A:Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

id say overheating problem cause of the artifacts showing up and BIOS saving your cpu from melting. any cats / dogs around your house? when have you cleaned out the fans on the laptop?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62146-computer-turns-into-blue-screen-stripes-restarts-itself.html
Relevancy 83.85%

About two weeks ago when turning on my laptop entered my password and the desktop a for seconds Windows Taskbar few white turns 7 showed shortly after my taskbar turned white and the turned back to its normal colour again The same thing happened to me Windows 7 Taskbar turns white for a few seconds again this day I use the windows basic theme where the taskbar is light blue-ish So shortly after the taskbar has finished loading its switched from the light blue colour to white for a few seconds then turns back to the light blue colour again Also i've been noticing - small flashes on my screen over the past three weeks Norton malwarebytes and all my other detection programs dont show any infections Another thing id like to mention is that when typing an email in gmail my drafts folder shortly after typing showed drafts it usually shows drafts while typing the email So after sending the email and emptying the drafts folder Windows 7 Taskbar turns white for a few seconds gmail kept making two drafts on its own even though i was typing further email No suspicious activity was shown i gmail no unknown ip adresses Windows 7 Taskbar turns white for a few seconds no unknown login dates times The gmail thing could be a glitch Just wanted to explain all the odd things thats been happening Any thoughts DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Norton Internet Security Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Internet Security Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP CoolSense CoolSense exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program F... Read more

A:Windows 7 Taskbar turns white for a few seconds

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/520240 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520240/windows-7-taskbar-turns-white-for-a-few-seconds/
Relevancy 83.85%

hi i have a weired problem on white as interface office 2013 white appearing menus spots washed one of our staff laptop its core i system having office 2013 interface white washed menus appearing as white spots windows bit initialy it had visio and office installed office 2013 interface white washed menus appearing as white spots the problem was that when outlook was opened it would open but no text menus were visible it was all a like a white window having only title bar when i wold open word excel they would show same behaviour but it would also open some sort of dialog box which was all white no button to click on it only close button was visible and clicking on it would exit word excel access i also tried outlooke exe safe resetnavpane but no luck so i removed visio bit and rebooted system still same issue repaired office bit still same issue uninstall office and reboot and and install office bit still same issue uninstall bit and installed bit same issue sfc scannow found no violations tried it with local administator account same behaviour also tried with another local admin priviledges account same issue tried with domain accounts same issue i removed display drivers and tried wiht standard drivers same issue updated to latest drivers still same issue i however created a docx file and opened it with word it did opened but some menus were not visible they were just white places instead of the icons for vaiours actions like bold font etc but i by guess work wnet to options and tried disabling hardware acceleration but still same issue please help me how to resolve this strange issue

A:office 2013 interface white washed menus appearing as white spots

A screenshot of the problem is attached. This is the first screen that opens when launching any office applications and as seem there is no click able button there just the cross button clicking it closes application.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/355868-office-2013-interface-white-washed-menus-appearing-white-spots.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Benq T701 17" LCD monitor that works fine for about 15 minutes or so, then the screen will quickly disappear into a plain, bright white screen, and the monitor then goes into standby - the only way to restore normal operation is to leave it off for a few minutes and then it works fine.

I've tried it on more than one system and with a replacement video cable, but it's still the same.

Any ideas on what may be wrong with it?

Thanks

A:Solved: Benq LCD monitor display turns white

Sounds like something in it is overheating........could have a repair look at it but usually not cost effective depending if its under warranty and how old it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-benq-lcd-monitor-display-turns-white.726280/
Relevancy 81.7%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer With Me Or White Make Even Delete Screen. Cant Run....freezes Wont Mcafee Sites.... Up Browser Certain See Delete It Let Or Emails v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS Cant Delete Mcafee Or Make It Run....freezes Up With White Screen. Browser Wont Let Me Delete Emails Or Even See Certain Sites.... system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Sprint Pantech Sprint Mobile Broadband Pantech PWIUtilityService exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files Sprint music manager MEMonitor exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exec program files mcafee msc mcuimgr exeC Program Files Sprint Pantech Sprint Mobile Broadband Pantech CMPWI exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Debbie MacGregor Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE FF J NNN HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com searchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - blank file missing O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - blank file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLLO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptcl dll file missing O - BHO Goo... Read more

A:Cant Delete Mcafee Or Make It Run....freezes Up With White Screen. Browser Wont Let Me Delete Emails Or Even See Certain Sites....

Hello verycarolina, Sorry for the delay. We have many logs backed up. McAfee antivirus is very difficult to uninstall, as they (McAfee) does not want malware to uninstall it. You call uninstall it using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)How to uninstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe) Summary: This document explains how to remove McAfee Consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool. This option should only be used as an alternative if you cannot remove your McAfee product through the normal Add/Remove Programs. Affected Products: McAfee Security Center McAfee VirusScan McAfee Personal Firewall Plus McAfee Privacy Service McAfee SpamKiller McAfee Wireless Network Security McAfee SiteAdvisor McAfee Data Backup McAfee Network Manager McAfee Easy Network McAfee AntiSpyware Affected Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Microsoft Windows XP Professional Microsoft Windows XP Home Microsoft Windows Vista NOTE: This tool is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 98 or ME. Description Running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR.exe) removes all 2005, 2006, and 2007 versions of McAfee consumer products. Solution Download and run the McAfee Removal tool NOTE: Always be sure to uninstall your McAfee product through Add/Remove Programs, first. The following steps should only be taken if uninstalling through Add/Remove Programs has failed. Download the removal tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exe. Click Save and save the file to any folder on the computer. Navigate to the folder where the file is saved. Make sure all McAfee application windows are closed. Double-click MCPR.exe and the removal tool will start automatically. Note: Windows Vista users must right-click and select Run as Administrator. Once the removal tool is finished, you will be prompted to restart your computer. If you choose to restart later, your McAfee product will not be fully removed until you do. Wait for the computer to restart. All McAfee products are now removed from your computer. *********************Lets check your HOSTS file. It's located at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. You can open it up in Notepad. If it's just some lines on top with a # in front of it and followed by 127.0.0.1 localhost, then you don't need to post it;however, if there are others following 127.0.0.1 localhost, you may have to fix it. Post it here if that's the case. *********************You need to have a running antivirus, so see if you can install McAfee antivirus (if you still want to use it).If you decide not to use McAfee antivirus, then I recommend you download the free Avast or AntiVir orAVG antivirus Products from all three vendors received the Virus Bulletin's VB100% award and certification for virus detection from ICSA Labs.Never install more than one antivirus scanner or firewall on your system! Several together can give you problems and decrease the reliability of it seriously! Whichever antivirus you install, run a complete virus scan of your computer before you post back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105743/cant-delete-mcafee-or-make-it-runfreezes-up-with-white-screen-browser-wont-let-me-delete-emails-or-even-see-certain-sites-cant-set-home-page/
Relevancy 81.27%

I am so puzzled with this problem I have. I have Windows xp: Service Pack 3, and when I open Windows Internet Explorer 8, It turns white and closes almost immediately after I open it, or i'll open it and it'll turn white and stay like that for almost 10 minutes straight and do nothing. I tried resetting it in control panel, and it didn't help at all. Why doesn't it----referring to my browser;Windows Internet Explorer, work?

A:Windows Internet Explorer 8 turns white and closes almost immediately after i open it

If IE works properly when you start it without add-ons then it's possible that you could have an infection, but try these two MS fixits in this order first -

Fix Internet Explorer issues to make IE fast, safe and stable

Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-internet-explorer-8-turns-white-and-closes-almost-immediately-after-i-open-it-702580.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Ever since I got this notebook all I've had are problems and HP has never been able to resolve a background on wants a HP me show a white to line white single problem It's like the warranty is completely meaningless They didn't even replace defective parts let alone replace the entire notebook I've had problems with the hard disk and was told we can't solve this problem as this is a problem with every envy notebook HP wants me to show a white line on a white background I've had a problem where dust is building up inside the screen between the screen and the external glass cover and I was told I need to send the notebook to HP wants me to show a white line on a white background the service centre even though I have an on-site at home service warranty for effing years nbsp This one time one HP tech even told me ENVY NOTEBOOKS DON'T SUPPORT VLC PLAYER YOU MUST PLAY MULTIMEDIA USING WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ALONE nbsp NOW I have a white line appearing on the top corner of the screen and HP said I need to take a picture of the problem in the BIOS The BIOS itself has a white background How can I click a picture of a white line on a white background If I write with white ink on a white paper can anyone read it I explained this precisely and was told Since the issue is not present in BIOS we need to check if this can be covered in the warranty WELL THE ISSUE IS PRESENT IN THE BIOS IT S JUST THAT IT CANNOT BE SEEN AS IT S WHITE ON WHITE AND YOU WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND NOT REPLACE MY LCD The issue is present in live linux USB sticks as well All you need to reproduce it is a DARK BACKGROUND nbsp This is ridiculous it's like HP is doing everything it can to screw its customers Show me a white line on a white background If you cannot we won't respect the warranty nbsp Can a moderator HP employee please look into it At this point I would like a system exchange I am done with this computer Problems are all I've had with it and HP has done nothing didn't replace a single part in the computer They know I need the computer and hence as a last resort they ask me to return the computer to the service centre If I must drop the computer at the service centre then what's the point of an on-site warranty This is blatant false advertising nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-wants-me-to-show-a-white-line-on-a-white-background/td-p/5726273
Relevancy 79.12%

Alright so i was browsing on my comp as i usually do when i got the frozen striped pixelated screen as i mentioned in the title Unable to do anything i shut it down manually stripes freezes color with screen, Welcome holding down the power button Upon reboot i got the same thing at the welcome screen for vista At first i thought this may have been caused by a recent update so went in safe mode and I did a system restore Didn t solve it I have fedora installed on this comp and in that i have no problems windows safe mode is fine as well This led me to think i had a software problem perhaps i needed to update the driver for my graphics card I tried this via device manager but it claimed it was up to date Went to Nvidia s website downloaded the latest one there was Welcome screen, freezes with color stripes a later one by the way stupid windows still same issue any advice would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

I purchased an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13 about 1 year ago.A couple of weeks ago the Notebook started to freeze for a few seconds and pink vertical stripes would appear. It froze for about 3-5 seconds and then everything was back to normal again. But now it happens quite frequently and the screen also stays frozen for around 15-20 seconds. Usually I have no problem when I am just using word or excel, but when I am surfing the web or watching videos etc it happens regularly.What can I do? This is what it looks like: 

A:Screen freezes + pink stripes

Hi @danidano, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre Notebook and the screen showing lines on Surfing the Web. Make sure your Windows Updates have been completed. Here is a link that could help. Try to connect to a monitor to see what happens. If the Notebook is not having an issue displaying anything on the Notebook screen, it is not a graphics card. Please get back to me how this goes. Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution.  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-freezes-pink-stripes/td-p/5599996
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all,

i'm having some issues with my computer. There's no pattern, but if I try to transfer a large amount of data or try to convert a video file to another format the computer freezes. There are no entrys in event viewer logs. Only that the computer was not shutdown correctly. Attached you can see a pic from the screen. I tried to figure this out, but no success.

Do you guys have any idea?

Regards,

My configuration

Asus P8H67-V
Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10GHz
12GB Ram DDR3
Onboard VGA Intel HD Graphics driver 10.18.10.4252 (Latest driver version)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592991/computer-freezes-with-colored-stripes-on-screen/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

Does anybody know how to fix this issue so I can actually see the text. They are both set to the same colour but can't seem to change it?

Thanks

A:White Font/White Background

Hi cbenson87, and welcome to 8 Forums.

This tutorial might help you:

Color of Background and Accent - Force in Windows 8.1[1]=Appearance Personalize

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59797-white-font-white-background.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a new laptop with a gig of Ram and very few programs on it It runs Vista I ve been building a huge mansion in Sims basic white in white red with X box gives 2 box suddenly Sims prog only and it s run just fine I have about items of CC and it still ran fine Yesterday I discovered I could change some settings and make the picture more detailed so I did so Things looked so much better but as I began having a display Sims 2 suddenly gives white box with white X in red box driver error message I figured I would see if mine needed updating I had trouble finding the right one but finally did on the Gateway site It said my driver is up to date Today I was testing out some new CC files and the game began crashing so I worked and found the bad files The game Sims 2 suddenly gives white box with white X in red box was working ok I began slowly putting some of the files I had removed back in to be tested I was trying to make it easier by renaming the downloads dir to downloads and making a new downloads dir At some point and I can t recall exactly when I began not even being Sims 2 suddenly gives white box with white X in red box able to load the game at all I d start it and before it even reaches the first screen I began getting this white box with a red box with a white X in it Nothing else will happen First I removed the files I d put into the new downloads dir No change Then I deleted the dl dir and renamed the downloads dir back to downloads in case there was a conflict though I couldn t imagine why there would be except they were in the same main directory No change This means that the problem has nothing at all to do with the downloads as the game crashes whether there is any CC in the downloads dir or not Now I can only assume there s something wrong with the increased detail settings and the display driver If this is the problem then Im really in a quandary as I can t get into the program to change the settings back HELP Thanks Jeanne nbsp

A:Sims 2 suddenly gives white box with white X in red box

I am haveing the same problem i instaled the game after a bad round with BV then put mack all my cc it was running fine but the net day when i tryed to start the game all i get is that white square with the red X and sims 2 whats up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-suddenly-gives-white-box-with-white-x-in-red-box.616716/
Relevancy 78.26%

Update: Solved by switching themes to basic and back.

In Metro mode I see this... I don't know what happened last as I don't use this PC often but it's running Windows 8 Build 8102. Even the switcher button "start menu" in normal mode shows white instead of black.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/3073-white-background-white-panels.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have read and tried many different suggestions, but I have no idea what is going on. The white on my dad's laptop is showing up with thin aqua vertical stripes in it. I have tried many different things (system restore, updating drivers, etc) and nothing has worked. The only thing that helped a little was when I calibrated it and it made the white in the window look white, but everything on the desktop that was supposed to be white, was not.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks!

A:White is not showing up as white on laptop

Whatever it was, it has resolved itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/304909-white-not-showing-up-white-laptop.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Have a Toshiba Satellite from Programs are freezing and am getting white blank screens on the programs Programs often quot go white/ Programs computer freezes blend into each other quot That is may have Firefox open and a Programs go white/ computer freezes Word document blends into the browser The computer freezes and can't do anything so have to force shut down Also short after starting programs after start-up often get quot program not responding quot Wanna find a way to stop this erratic behavior Toshiba Satellite L Intel Pentium Dual CPU T GHZ GB RAM -bit operating system Windows Vista service pack Kept getting this message quot Logon process has failed to create the security options dialogue Failure- security options quot Also these messages A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down IRQL not Less or Equal Downloaded SpeedItUp Free to optimize hard drive and defrag but it never makes it through the hrs of scanning before getting runtime errors and the program shuts down After running Spybot Search amp Destroy in Safe Mode was able to complete it And have run since No issues found Also ran the defragging that comes with the laptop Am running Windows Defender now Have also ran AVG Antivirus Any ideas would be appreciated

A:Programs go white/ computer freezes

Hi DougOh,

Let’s try few troubleshooting steps to check if issue gets resolved:

1. Try a clean boot to check if it would work, providing the link to do a clean boot for reference: How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista or Windows 7
2. Go to safe mode and check if you get same error message. Please use the following link for detailed instructions to go safe mode: Safe Mode
3. Also follow the steps in the below given link and check if it helps: Log on process has failed to create the security options dialog - - Microsoft Community
4. You can configure the windows to ensure that minidump files are created, please follow the steps mentioned in the link: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD - Windows 7 Forums
5. With this information we can help: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
6. Also, run the built-in diagnostics provided by the manufacturer on the computer to check if the hardware is working fine.

Please post back the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298820-programs-go-white-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 75.68%

When I turn on my computer, the desktop goes white and the taskbar goes white in 4 seconds. When I open my task manager, it crashes too. I can't do any "run" commands or anything casue my taskbar is just frozen. Is it another explorer.exe crash? I've looked for the solutions but all of them say something about opening run and typing in something or cmd typing. I can't open neither of those. I can access google chrome through steam. It shows someone's playing something, I click on it and go to their profile to open steam. I can play steam games and stuff but I can't open everything through steam...
This seems like way worse than the average desktop freezing problems I've googled about.

A:Desktop and taskbar goes white and freezes. Explorer.exe crash?

Hope I get help soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288705-desktop-taskbar-goes-white-freezes-explorer-exe-crash.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I dont know where to post this Hi I hope someone can help me with my recent computer problems I have a Packard Bell ixtreme M it has Windows bit already on it I have no Windows disk due to this My computer did work great for - months no problems nothing wrong now the screens freezes/hangs/black&white Random last few weeks my computer suddenly went from good working to freezing hangs with almost every single thing I do whether that is using explorer watching a dvd Random freezes/hangs/black&white screens or youtube or playing games it just freezes Random freezes/hangs/black&white screens hangs for secs or for as long as - mins also with this sometimes my screen goes blank white or black I've done a clean install to factory defaults no luck it still goes on Drivers updated all though I couldnt find all drivers on the manufactures sites so I may have some not updated Its getting so fustrating these days no solution found on forums seems to work its this bad that I can hardly do anything anymore on my computer without this going on every single sec min Oh when I Random freezes/hangs/black&white screens do a check disk it will hang at on stage it just wont go any further it also doesnt seem to find any errors or corrupted files I hope someone with better knowledge than me can help me find whats wrong and help me to solve it ty Operating System MS Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Pentium E GHz Wolfdale nm Technology RAM GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Packard Bell MCP PVT-PM CPU Graphics Maestro Ws x Hz Maestro Ws x Hz MB GeForce GT Sapphire PCPartner Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD EADS- M B SCSI Disk Device ATA Optical Drives ATAPI DVD A DH AASH SCSI CdRom Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Random freezes/hangs/black&white screens

A few pre-lim questions. Is this a desktop or laptop? What it the actual make and model number? Looking at make and model in your post and doing a google search, it comes back as both desktop and notebook..very odd. Does the PC have onbaord graphics or an add on GPU if a desktop? Are you sure you have the latest driver for the GPU whether it be onboard or add on card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/188690-random-freezes-hangs-black-white-screens.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Dear support,

On startup, all I get is a blank white screen. I can't see anything.

But, I can plug in a monitor and do everything else just fine.

I tried twiddling the drivers, but maybe I did it wrong or overlooked the right one(s). I tried a system restore, but that threw an error on restart.

I even dove in with my screwdriver to make sure no plugs got knocked loose (don't worry, warranties were long voided).

Please help.

thanks~

---

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6040 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1), 5 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238122 MB, Free - 36349 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, 2055UN3
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Relevancy 73.1%

I cannot get past white screen when I turn computer on... it was fine this morning. can hear music startup etcbut still white screen what have I done
acer laptop 230-280 series windows home xp

A:white screen

login to safe mode press F8 key 4x times to get the menu when windows is booting up
and pick safe mode from there you can do a system restore to a day before the problem http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/restore.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.360964/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I am trying to help my dad He has a Gateway laptop with windows vista on it He gets a white screen that Screen White will only go away when you hit the tab and alt key at the same time And it comes back whenever it feels like We are wondering what White Screen we need to do to permanently get rid of it I did the HiJack This and this is what I got Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C White Screen Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway CEC MAIN exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Internet explorer Iexplore exe C Windows explorer exe C Users Buster Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M M- R - HKCU White Screen Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www crawler com search dispat s amp tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel h s PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ... Read more

A:White Screen

Hi, you will need to visit the practitioners of the black arts, scary as that might be they are very good, you have problems:-(patience please, this sort of magic takes time)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/white-screen-503236.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hi i have a acer travelmate 2423 with xp home and the screen has gone white i use a dell monitor to check to see if it is just the screen every thing whent find untill it reach the windows xp loading this is were the dell monitor goes off because of no signal i try the hot keys fn & f5 but still cant see any thing on the dell monitor . so i try it in safe mode and every thing works fine . so iam thinking that the laptop screen is bad and there is some thing that is stopping windows from working in normal mode . were can i find a replacment for this laptop . thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.757370/
Relevancy 73.1%

iv a amilo li 2735 lap top some times when i turn on its a white screen other times its a dark screen but nothing appears on there not long had a new hard drive any ideas wot it could be
thanks dave

Sounds like your LCD's wiring harness's flex connector is loose or faulty (the wire that connects the LCD to the motherboard on your laptop).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/white-screen-692322.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a friend who's computer is running W7. For a while now, at random periods, her computer screen will go completely white. The mouse arrow will still be there and she can move the arrow around, but there is nothing else on the screen. She has to press and hold the power button to turn it off, then when she turns it back on, it all seems to work fine, until the next time.

I've heard of the Blue Screen of Death, the Black Screen of Death, but I've never heard of a White Screen of Death.

Is anyone familiar with this sort of problem?

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi

Hope some body can help
Earlier on today i installed some windows updates as i thought this would be a good idea
i think one off the updates was xp2 the pc was going very slow after wards and now when switched on there is a white screen and nothing else
any help please would be much appreciated as the pc was just given to my daughter by a friend and was in perfect working order

i thought about taking it back to factory settings ?

thanks in advance

mags

A:Help please pc white screen

I have merged your 2 threads togther as one thread's information might be relevant to the second, and the second threads problem might be related to the first's.
We will review all the information and come back with some suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-please-pc-white-screen-151899.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm not overly tech savvy, but my issue is a white screen on my HPG62 laptop, it just started earlier today, and only seems to happen when I restart the laptop, where it occurs instantly when i power on, but sometimes doesnt, or when im loading a game of League of Legends. Im using the laptop at this moment to post, also I've already used MalwareBytes to scam my computer twice and havent found any form of virus or malware so im hoping somebody here will have an answer, thank you

A:Need Help With a White Screen

This may be an issue with your LCD screen of the Video card which is soldered to the Motherboard.
You can start by going to the HP Drivers site, finding your model # and download the latest Video driver for your model HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP ? Support
If you still have problems, it is probably a hardware issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-a-white-screen-875857.html
Relevancy 73.1%

i have a dell desktop ,only 3yrs old and for 6 mo have a white screen every time i turn it on, and after waiting 10 min screen goes all black, then i hit any letter and i get online, and if i go away for 30 min i have to go through the same white screen thing. i had a pro check comp. and he said i have a damaged hard drive, but if i check my hard drives myself, comp. says ok on hard drives

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

Please run this forum's system info utility & post the results.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Please provide the model & model # of your Dell desktop.

Please provide the brand, model & model # of your monitor.

How does your computer connect to your monitor; vga, DVI, HDMI, S cable, other?

When did the computer last work well? What changed; installation or removal of hardware or software; a W7 update; an update to an anti virus or other anti malware program; an update to a different program?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1087727/
Relevancy 73.1%

i have an acer aspire 4315 and when i start up , the bottom half of my screen is white. it takes 5 to 10 minuets
before it finaly dissapears. any suggestions?

Relevancy 73.1%

I am working on a computer and have come across this problem, after removing various sypware and malware and getting it back online, I still have not been able to solve the problem of the white screen it has for a display, I can go into properties and change everything execpt for the desktop background, the options to choose different backgrounds are there but won't let me pick one also the browse option is not highlighted and not usable either. All other video works fine. The OS is XP Pro - Just need to find out how to change the desktop screen to anything but white.

HI Mike46, How did you remove the spyware and malware? I would try un-installing the video driver and reboot the computer and let the Windows XP Pro re-install the video driver and see if that works. If it does not then I would backup all of my important data and do a repair-install and you will need the Windows XP Pro install disk and your COA.

Please print the document for reference while working.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install = http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.476797/
Relevancy 73.1%

When I turned my computer on this morning, it made a grinding noise and displayed a white screen and shut itself off after a few seconds. I waited a little bit and tried again and it worked normally. Any idea what would cause this?

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM

A:White screen

Hi and welcome to TSGF this could be from either your hardrive or possibly a fan,you would need to post more info ie could you pinpoint the place you heard the sound ie near the front of the computer or from the rear or side,also you should update to sp2,after we see if we can find your issue,if it came from the front it is likely the hdd so back up your data as it may fail,take the side off and boot it up and see if it repeats the issue then you may be able to pinpoint where the sound is coming from

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.874452/
Relevancy 73.1%

when i shut down or put on standby, and then try to get back online the monitor is really tempermental about going to google. i have removed password screen in hopes that would help, but it has not. any suggestions?
Florida rocks

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried reinstalling or updating the video driver from the pc makers support site, please post your make and model of computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/white-screen-591544.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I own a Toshiba Satillite, and on many occasions, the screen may flash white, or go completely white. This happens when I'm playing a fullscreen video, when I have a game up, when I have a screen saver up, when I'm booting the laptop, but it never happens when I'm not running a program that takes up the full screen. Is something wrong with my graphics card? What could it be?

A:Screen goes white

It might be the screen itself or the video cable to the screen or where it connects to the MB. How old is the laptop? Any warranty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-white.450769/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a new windows 8 VAIO. Something happened to it and I'm coming up with a white screen when I try to get my aol mail. The aol browser works, as does my other email accounts. I tried every fix aol posts, but nothing works. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I access it through the desktop or the charms. Everything else works. Help!

Welcome to Tech Support Guy.

1. Can you access it on another computer
IF YES go back to this one

2. TRY on IE and on tools, compatibility view settings, add the site
www.aol.com

then try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1092433/
Relevancy 73.1%

When I start my laptop and enter my password it acts like it is going to start up then goes to a white screen. I am then not able to do anything. What can I do??

km46064 said:

When I start my laptop and enter my password it acts like it is going to start up then goes to a white screen. I am then not able to do anything. What can I do??Click to expand...

Might want to take a look here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1117082/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm still trying to fix this problem The Laptop screen is a bright white but will dim down after no activity time screen DV7 on a White outs It will also go out if the computer goes into sleep mode It is a bright white screen as soon as you turn it on so you can't see anything in the BIOS level to work with I have tried replacing the screen but there is no differance I replaced the ribbon cables inside the laptop to make sure White screen on a DV7 it had no broken leads and I still get the same results If I connect an HDMI cable and the laptop has completed loading the OS then I can work with the computer completly on the screen connected to the HDMI cable but the laptop is pure white I can also use the VGA port with the same results If I switch the screen control and say I want to just use the HDMI or VGA port then the white screen goes off nbsp The second port moniter only works after the operating system has loaded so it is useless until the OS is loaded nbsp nbsp This takes me back to my original question about this laptop On other models there is an inverter which if it fails on other models gives you a white screen and is easily replacable but I find none on this laptop Again I'm working on an HP DV - c dx Does this laptop have an inverter and is it replacable If there is no inverter and I've replaced both the screen and the internal ribbon cables is the only thing left the Motherboard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-screen-on-a-DV7/td-p/5731557
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys I m having a weird problem on my laptop and I m hoping that you all can help screen! White me out For the first time yesterday while playing Aion my screen turned white with what looked like thin black gray lines flickering across the top potion of my screen It remained like that for about - seconds until going back to normal I didn t think much of it since the game itself had flickering and other graphical issues of its own but just a few minutes ago when I turned my laptop on the screen immediately turned white on start up for a few seconds went back to normal for a little bit and then did the same thing when Windows Vista began to load until I got to my desktop I ve never had this happen before with my laptop until yesterday and I ve only had my laptop for about months If it helps any my laptop is a HP Pavilion dv - us I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out on my problem Thanks White screen! nbsp

A:White screen!

Meilei said:

I've never had this happen before with my laptop until yesterday, and I've only had my laptop for about 6 monthsClick to expand...

Please contact HP here >> http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html
For warranty issue with your Display (hardware issue)

You may be able to prove its the display by plugging in an external Monitor and testing with that first
It can also be faulty or not seated correctly Ram cards (these located under the laptop, in one of the covers there) But I'd contact HP first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-screen.138755/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi a friend was using my spare computer and told me that the computer has a white screen. Upon examination it appears that when the computer is rebooted I can see Windows Vista load, the desktop comes up and then the screen goes white. When I try the control atl delete the options for restart, task manager, etc come up. however if I select task manager the screen goes white again.
I used the farbar scanning tool. the results are belwo. Can someone please help me with a fix script to repair the maching. the OS is Vista 32 bit. Here are the details:

Mod Edit:  Removed FRST data, not allowed/used in this forum...doesn't appear to be malware situation - Hamluis.

Run CCleaner then malwarebytes. Eliminate obvious malware. See what the issues are then..

Personally I would also uninstall Norton Internet Security, AVG and all toolbars, then install Microsoft Security Essentials, do a full scan.

You may want to run the Norton removal tool as well to remove all traces, registry entries, etc

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Reboot pc after this, then I bet it will also run a lot better at that point..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518122/white-screen/
Relevancy 73.1%

My laptop will only display a white screen on its LCD. The VGA out to an external monitor works fine.

I took it all apart and found a broken wire in the vid cable from mobo to LCD (wire broke at hinge joint). Ordered a replacement and it did not fix the problem.

So, do I take it a step further and order an entire LCD display unit off ebay for $130? This laptop is a $400 jobber I bought 2 yr ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Compaq-Pres...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58880277b8

A:White screen - VGA out is ok

Could be the inverter card that rests in the back of the screen at the bottom. It is about the size of a ball point pen. You can usually replace it for $9.00 to $15 US, if you are good at disassembling the screen from the screen frame. Inverter cards are available from the manufacturer and are also found on eBay and other sites.
You start by removing the keyboard and the ribbon cable, but it sounds as if you already know how to get that far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-screen-vga-out-is-ok.148973/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, I just started having this white screen issue today.
It seems that my laptop have a permanent white screen, the moment I pressed the ON button.
I can still adjust my screen lighting, and couldn't try the rest since I can't seen anything on my screen.
I've searched on net, and mostly referred to a white screen after start up and with the mouse scroll, but mine is just empty without anything.
Please help me, I have a lot of important files that I need access to.

Can you plug in a monitor? Most laptops have a port for this.

If so is it booting past the BIOS screen into Windows? What do you see on the monitor screen? If it's also white then it sounds like the video chip is failing and may need replacement. If the monitor gives a picture then it could only be the laptop screen needing reseating or replacement.

Your files should always be backed up against failures like this. If you cannot get your screen working then you can remove the Hard Drive from its bay underneath - instructions for most models are found by asking Google - and connect it via a converter cable to USB or to plug it in internally to a desktop's SATA port, giving access to your data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356545-white-screen.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hi,i m having white screen on my lappy after some time on working on,sometimes it work fine but sometime screen goes white and as i notice device is working, i have tried reset it but still problem exist please help if any one has any solution.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/white-screen/td-p/5707792
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Samsung 204B monitor that failed yesterday with an all white screen. The monitor turns on and off OK, but is all white as soon as it turns on (I am sure it is the monitor as it does this when not connected to a PC).

I have viewed a few Youtube videos and websites suggesting bad caps or ribbon cables. I am curious if anybody here has actually repaired a monitor with the white screen problem?

Edit: I opened it up and found 3 capacitors that are bulging, so I will replace them first. Radio Shack was a complete waste of time, so I will have to buy them online.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1097243/
Relevancy 73.1%

While working on my computer, the screen suddenly turned white leaving me with no option beyond re-booting. After re-booting, there was no change in the screen. I, then, turned off the computer until the following day. At that point, I turned on the computer and it booted normally. Any idea what caused this problem? Thank you for your help. Jerry

Saying "while working on the computer" doesn't tell us anything.
Exactly what were you doing to it when the display issue occurred?

Is it still working okay now?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.1170675/
Relevancy 73.1%

every now and then my computer starts up with a white screen and it takes like 10 mins to get it back to normal i close the laptop and try again and again until it works

not sure what it is was thinking maybe the video driver but not thinking that now i just hope it is not the screen and i dont want to buy a new one.

it has windows 7 on it

no the computer will not load up all it does is go to a white screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.842008/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello My friend: I have a Dell Studio 540s Slim with Windows 7 and this Problem i have now is with a White Screen Poping up no taskbar, unless i push the window sign key button it will pop up, no desktop,if I restart desktop will come up normaly then after awhile a white screen will show up ? How To SOLVE

A:RE..White Screen

When this happens press CTRL SHIFT ESC all at once to open Task Manager. In the list of processes, look to see if "explorer.exe" is running. If it isn't we need to see what is stopping it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-white-screen.914473/
Relevancy 73.1%

i can't get my screen to go big, or full screen ? what happens it gets big but it turns white ? even though i can still here the show. { if i want to see a short clip lie news of somthink } i have a windowes xp an yahoo the site i use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/white-screen-528146.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I ve got a Dell Dimension that I ve had for about three years now It has never given me problems or done anything weird until the past couple of weeks I will be either on the Internet or as what happened today just starting the computer up and my monitor screen just goes all white The White Screen computer was not hanging because the lights on the tower were still blinking intermittently so it was obviously still quot thinking quot No response from the keyboard or mouse so I have to push in the button until it goes off I wait about or minutes turn it on again and it is fine Turning off and on the monitor does not clear it However today when I turned it back on the Windows XP blue start up screen came on with a lot of data and file names listed it was deleting files as I watched and it was showing percentages completed Apparently White Screen quot fixing quot itself I let it run When at it restarted and seems to be fine so far I hope this isn t a major system problem My virus scans are still coming up all clean and spyware is deleted regularly Any help offered would be greatly appreciated Thanks Tracy nbsp

It sounds like it ran a chkdsk to correct errors and fixed them. You can run it yourself and defrag your computer periodically. To run the check disk, open My Computer, right click on your system local disk and select Properties. On the Tools tab click the button Check Now.
Check the boxes and click Start. You will be asked to run the chkdsk at reboot, just click Yes. The check will run the next time your computer boots up. You can run the defrag later from the same Tools tab or from Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Defragmenter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screen.483444/