Windows Support Forum

EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

Q: EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

I wonder if EVGA had the official 'okey-dokey' before pushing out this little gem. It handily bests the GTX 580 while sporting 2GB 's of memory.(only 1GB per GPU however). In many situations it will give the GTX 590 a run for its money...actually for about $200.00 less. At the same price as the average GTX 580, this card would seem to be ready to cannibalize sales of both the GTX 580, and 590 if it is made widely available. It's seemingly an odd move, but a tremendous card according to the folks over at PC Perspective

From PC Perspective:

the review can be had here at PC Perspective

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

The card more than likely has Nvidia's stamp of approval since at the price point it equals enthusiast territory, and like the dual GTX 460 EVGA launched earlier, I think the card is neutered on being SLI'ed with another of it's kind ( strike one). Nice niche card but...
At $500+ it's also going up against EVGA's own GTX 560Ti DS (with similar cooling) that's clocked faster and would certainly have more OC headroom at the same price point (SLI) (strike two)
Like the dual-GTX460 (and the PowerColor dual HD 6870) I wouldn't think the card would see widespread release. It checks the same boxes as the conventional two card setup ( good price/ perf. relatively cool'n'quiet ..but is still saddled with the 1GB frame buffer and 256-bit bus that makes it less than suitable for Surround/ 3D/ 3D Surround (strike three).

I'm actually surprised that EVGA haven't launched a dual version of their GTX 580 Classified 3GB (just for PR's sake at least) and Nvidia probably would frown upon a GTX 570-2Win, but I'm also guessing that the PCB, extra memory and VRM's would make it prohibitively expensive in any given that those two options are off the table, then a dual GTX 560Ti becomes the de facto choice I suppose.
Relevancy 76.11%

Well, straight to the point have i have 4gbs of ddr2 and the new card i need has dedicated 1gb of ddr3 can i still run that card?

A:A new graphics card (evga gt430)

Yes it will be compatible.
Relevancy 75.25%

I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 3 on two of my computers, which run the same graphics card, an eVGA GeForce FX 5200, AGP 8X, DDR, 128 mb. When I go to display settings (right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, adapter) the card isn't listed, and all the information is listed as <unavailable>. I've downloaded the driver software from both and, but the installation software was not able to detect the graphics card on both computers. Furthermore, when I go to the device manager, there's no unknown devices listed, or even display adapters. What do you think I should do?

A:eVGA graphics card on XP Service Pack 3

When you downloaded from nVidia, did you do ALL the steps for removing their drivers FIRST (using Add/Remove Programs, etc)? Including using Driver Cleaner?

Remember, your old drivers are actually installed, even though SP3 did not see them.

After doing all the above, then reboot to desktop. IF the New Hardware Wizard starts, [Cancel]. Then run the saved nVidia setup file (you did save it on your system correct?)
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there, a quick questions if anyone can please answer.

My 5 year old graphics card broke not to long ago and I've been looking into getting a new one (EVGA Geforce GTX570), but I don't really know if it is compatible with my computer. I looked through the requirements and my computer specs, but the only thing I noticed is that I just need to upgrade my power supply, if anyone can help is that the only thing I need to upgrade, and everything else is fine? And if so how big of a power supply watts should I get?

And the card: 500 Series Family&uc=EUR

Thank you.

A:Evga 570 Graphics card compatible with this computer?

Yeah, It looks like it should work, it is PCI-E X16, which is also on your motherboard, so that means it will fit. But since your motherboard is AMD, I reccomend a Card from ATI or AMD, in my experience, An amd card works better on an amd motherboard.
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Dell XPS Special Edition Card upgrade XPS the to GeForce GTX EVGA Graphics Dell 960. 8900 to Looking my in that I purchased a couple months ago I would like to upgrade Looking to upgrade the Graphics Card in my Dell XPS 8900 to EVGA GeForce GTX 960. the Looking to upgrade the Graphics Card in my Dell XPS 8900 to EVGA GeForce GTX 960. OEM GeForce GTX that it came with to a EVGA GTX I have the Dell XPS i - k processor gb memory tb HDD gb m SSD cache Dell UP D monitor and Windows Pro I will be adding a second Dell UP D monitor soon and later will add an SSD and move the OS and applications to that My needs aren t gaming Primarily I do business applications MS-Office including Access and Project finance and investing and a lot of nbsp photo and video editing nbsp The photo editing software will use the GPU if I upgrade EVGA suggested either of the following based on what would fit http www evga com Products Product aspx pn G-P - -KR http www evga com Products Product aspx pn G-P - -KR These cards are almost identical except is quot long has BIOS nbsp fans and uses watts for nbsp is quot long has BIOS nbsp fan and uses watts for nbsp I thought I would nbsp replace the graphics card myself but once I opened the case I wondered if either card will even fit nbsp I ve seen that other people have swapped out their graphics card so it must be possible When I look in my case the existing graphics card is a single slot nbsp Both of these cards are dual slot nbsp Also it looks like there are some transistors right next to the existing card nbsp When you install a dual slot card does the new card just straddle the transistors underneath Lastly given these two cards and the XPS case is it possible to put the longer card in nbsp Is it worth the extra nbsp gain an extra BIOS and fan at the expense of a longer card and watts Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated thanks
Relevancy 73.96%

Just wondering before i buy. Dont wanna come home and find out its not compatible with vista.

A:Does the eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GS Graphics Card compatible with Vista?

What do you mean by compatible ? Do you simply want a card that will allow you to enable the Aero effects of Vista ? Try looking in this LIST.
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello I have an Nvidia eVGA gt graphics card running the latest Forceware drivers 7600gt graphics in-game card often (eVGA) Nvidia quite freezing I play an online shooter called WarRock much like CounterStrike For some reason when I Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt graphics card freezing quite often in-game am in game the game will just suddenly freeze for Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt graphics card freezing quite often in-game a period of about seconds to minute and then go back to working just fine This will happen several times during the game When the game freezes I can still hear sound It does not freeze when in just regular Windows OS Why would it be doing this I have not had a chance to test it in other games but my friends say that they have never experienced a freeze up like that in WarRock Any solutions I have had this card for about - months and have never had it happen Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt graphics card freezing quite often in-game It has only now started happening Also one other question about the fan on a GPU Is it supposed to suck air inward toward the card or blow outward away from card Thanks nbsp

A:Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt graphics card freezing quite often in-game

This can be any number of reasons having to do with the hardware on your video card. First, I'd keep the Forceware software running in the background and do a quick alt+tab to see if you&#8217;re overheating. Overheating will cause your VPU to crash and the VPU recover(er) (whatever Nvidia calles it) to try to bring it back. You could also try using bare min graphics settings to see if that has any effect. If none of that helps, try uninstalling all the Nvidia software and drivers and let Windows update install its driver and see if that changes (you can always re-install forceware). If none of that works, you'll need to locate another video card (borrow one if possible) and install its drivers to see if that has effect.

As for your other question, I'm not sure on that model but in general, the fan should suck fresh air past your medal heatsinks and out the other end.
Relevancy 73.96%

My son got new parts for Christmas. He keeps freezing at windows startup, profiles, or at the desktop. It seems to work better when he keeps the side panel off. He's concerned that something is overheating.

HIs power supply sits at the bottom of the computer. Should the fan on the supply face up or down? What steps should he take to troubleshoot? Any suggestions or experience.

Thanks in advance

A:help with new corsair tx750M and EVGA 560 ti 448 core classified graphics card
Relevancy 66.65%

I have new dell with ATI RadeonTM X300.. it supports 2 display mode.. I was wondering is it better to use one graphics card with dual screen.. or having two graphics card on same system. I have extra dual head GeForce FX5500 from my old system.

I am using system for video editing and graphics.

thanks for any help
Relevancy 62.78%

Going to buy a NVIDIA Dual PCi Grpahics Card. Is thee anything I should need to know before hand? I have an HP desktop, Windows Vista Home Perium, Two 17 inch Hans G monitors.

Relevancy 62.78%

After reading about the new hp voodoo desktop computer, and its dual 728 nVidia graphics cards. I was wondering, i already have a 128 6600 nVidia, and was planning on getting a 512 graphics card soon, so would i be able to keep my old graphics card while adding the new one?
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium x64. I used a dual monitor graphics card in my old computer with Windows XP. Took the card out and install it in my new computer and updated the driver. But, performance is poor. For example I can't use Vista Aero.
I would like to buy a new, relatively inexpensive dual monitor graphics card which is compatible with Vista premium x64. Any suggestions?

A:Dual Monitor graphics card

What card do you have, maybe it's not old.
Relevancy 62.35%

already have nec monitor using the dvi connection. got a new dell and tried it with the vga but it flickered badly. swapped connectors now the dell works great w\dvi and the nec flickers with the vga.

looks like a dual dvi is in the works. only need it for graphics/PS work. don't do games or video making.

what are the ins and outs of dual dvi cards? suggestions? not much computer stuff choice here in hawaii, best buy is the main location, but internet purchases are common.

A:choosing a new dual dvi graphics card....

How much do ya wanna spend ?

nvidia or radeon ?

just 1 card ?
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey all,
I've got a bunch of HP Compaq dc5800 and dc6000 small form factors in the office I do IT support for. A couple of the employees have requested the use of multiple monitors, but I quickly discovered that the standard video card in these models does no support this function. I have looked on-line for an appropriate card replacement, but haven't found one that will fit into the compact design of the small form factor PCs.

Does anyone know of a specific make/model of graphics card that will fit? It doesn't need to be super powerful, just capable of running two monitors, (typically they have both a VGA and DVI port).

Thanks for your help.

A:Dual Monitor Graphics Card

Assuming PCI-E something like this would do the trick, - GIGABYTE GV-N84STC-512I Rev2.0 GeForce 8400 GS Supporting up to 512MB&#40;128MB onboard&#41; 64-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Forum, im CrazyKilla

I have Dual GTS 450s which work very nicely, although performance isn't too great, at first i didn't know how to enable SLI, but then i found this in NVIDIA Control Panel

The problem is, Every time i start up my PC, i have to open up the drop box, and change from GTS 1 to GTS 2, or GTS 2 to GTS 1, then dedicate that card to PhysX, that enables SLI, but only some of the time,

Why do i have to switch what card is Dedicated to PhysX every time i start PC to enable SLI? i know if its enabled or disabled because i have a program called TechPowerUp GPU-Z that shows if SLI is enabled, and also if SLI is enabled my gaming performance increases a lot,

A:Dual Graphics card SLI Problem

So you have to reset the options every time?

It might be worth uninstalling / re-installing the video drivers and doing a custom installation. Don't install: the updater, the 3d vision drivers, hd audio. Basically you only want the video driver and physx.

During the process, there is an option checkbox to "Perform a clean installation" -make sure you enable that. It basically sets everything to defaults during installation.

As for the Physx dedication - leave it to Auto.
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a laptop with built in i quadcore gb ram and dual graphics card One being Intel Extreme whatever whatever The other is a Geforce card with gb D Anyway my problem is simple my laptop has a button to switch my GPU Geforce on but it means only the card is on but it does not Dual - graphics card etc.... BSOD mean in any way Dual graphics card - BSOD etc.... the computer will use the card In the old days such as XP the computer will always use the Geforce card So I am just wondering anyway to force this to happen Most games i play don't even use it and i feel a little frustrated to paid USD for a card that does nothing I tried doing the setup on the menu which is app by app but it seems some app just have that option greyed out Also my Intel Card seems to be facing some issue to be honest and from time to time it kicks me out with BSOD Memory Management gt Hardware issue when diagnosed or simply C Runtime library error Thanks a lot in advance

A:Dual graphics card - BSOD etc....

Alright, let me see if I'm understanding the situation correctly:

You want to use the dedicated card over the iGPU, correct? I'm not entirely sure how laptops handle the switching process, but you might want to try disabling the iGPU from within the BIOS. However, despite having just recommended that let's clear up a few things.

1. Fill out your system specs. It'd be a lot easier for me (and everyone else) to help you.
2. Are there any drivers for the card installed?
3. What was the cause of the BSOD? I'd hazard a guess at it being IRQL Not Less Or Equal (driver related).
Relevancy 62.35%

During the PC Gaming Show, which ran for a mammoth two and a half hours at E3 2015 last night, AMD CEO Lisa Su briefly appeared on stage to show off another Radeon graphics card that the company only briefly...

Read more

A:This is AMD's dual-GPU Fiji graphics card

These days for a blue-chip company to bring a PCB on stage like this is a dark day indeed.

Imagine Apple showing off a circuitry for their next iPhone, and just how pathetic that would be...
Relevancy 62.35%

How can I tell if my graphics card has dual-head capabilities? There are 2 plug-in places on it, but they look different.

I have the following:

Video Adapter: RADEON 9200 (128 MB)

I'm looking into setting up another monitor.

I have found SONY's support to be nearly impossible to use.

A:My graphics card dual head??

Yes, it's dual head, but one side is digital output. If you have 2 VGA monitors, you'll need an adapter like THIS one.

Or buy a monitor with DVI input.

Relevancy 62.35%

I recently purchased a new laptop to be able to play games and entertain myself on the go so pretty much game brand new laptop at one stage the laptop was working completely fine after simply using the NVIDIA control panel to configure the settings to use the GTX graphics card instead of the integrated HELP dual working card not graphics CPU graphics but after afew weeks of downloading my list of games from steam and playing all of a HELP dual graphics card not working sudden the games wouldn t run properly i m not sure why frames were HELP dual graphics card not working beyond low enough to play and i know i had the power to be able to play these games not sure if my dedicated graphics has decreased or my HDD space has anything to do with it i have only used around GB out of the TB HDD or how to configure my GPU or CPU or whatever if anyone has methods to solve this problem please let me know would really appreciate it My specs are - Windows Pro Intel Core i - HQ CPU GHz GB RAM External graphics - GTX M graphics card Integraded graphics - Intel HD graphics NVIDIA Driver version - Resolution - x Hz Thanks for your support nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys need a bit of help here i have just bought a hp pavilion P6-2388ea with windows 8 and for some unknown reason it won't let me play tiger woods 08, i've been told to dual boot it with windows 7, heres the rub how would i go about it, some one else told me it was the graphics card that is the problem, its a radion hd 7570 and i should change to nvidia if thats the case which card would allow me to play the game this is confusing me no ends up hope someone could help me sort this out for me.

Relevancy 61.49%

I recently bought a new system with 2 x Zotac GT 430 Cards. I'm having trouble setting the displays to 2x2 configuration. I am only able to do 1x4 configuration.

can anyone help me? I'd like to be able to drag items freely to all monitors.

Current setup is 1x4 Configuration
[ ][ ][ ][ ]

2x2 Configuration
[ ][ ]
[ ][ ]

the boxes represent the monitors.

A:2x2 Configuration in NVIDIA Dual Graphics Card

Have you tried right clicking the desktop > Screen resolution and moving the monitors to the position you want them?
Relevancy 61.49%

hi out there,
i am trying to run dual monitors on windows 7, i have only got pci slots on my asus mother board
can anyone tell me what graphics card is compatable with my system?
frustrated, sutton

Relevancy 61.49%

I believe I did everything just right in uninstalling the old vc driver and then installing this new one but all I get is a black screen on the reboot. I can reboot in safemode and the old driver is gone and the new one shows up and "claims" to be working just fine.

I've got XP. Any other info you need?

Please help. I'm anxiously wanting to utilize my two LCD monitors.

Thanks in advance!!

Relevancy 61.49%

I just purchased this pre-built machine:

Acer Aspire AM3970-UR14P DT.SJYAA.003 Desktop PC

I'm attempting to order a graphics card upgrade ( probably an affordable Nvida GT 650 ti . Obviously the card will consume some space due to the fan. I'm trying to figure out if the card ( or a similar dual slot PCIx card) will fit onto the motherboard. I know from past experience that a lot of non-custom built PCs have little to no room for expansion.

I've searched all over the net about this particular model number of Acer Aspire and can come up with no information about the motherboard to check for myself.

Would anyone happen to know where i can find info about the motherboard for this particular model of Acer Aspire desktop?

** Also, i do intend on removing the included radeon card.

A:Will a dual slot graphics card fit in my machine?

It is hard to tell if it would fit the case, but the specs state that your computer only has a 300W Power Supply and that definitely will not work with the card you list.
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey all I have a Dell Inspiron R SE model Card Driver Screwup Graphics Dual and have seriously goofed up here In my infinite wisdom I attempted to update the AMD graphics card driver through AMD rather than through Dell and was immediately greeted with Windows Startup Repair when it rebooted I ve since gotten it to boot properly but now the drivers for both the AMD Radeon HD M and the built in Intel HD have gotten tangled up in knots I ve tried getting it from the Dell support site this time and it half worked the problem is I think I have at least three drivers for my graphics cards banging around in here and am unsure how to safely uninstall this mess without causing more issue Any ideas here I couln t get a good restore point couldn t get a good driver rollback and really really don t want to do a factory reset EDIT Should probably have specified this is -bit Windows that s rather important

A:Dual Graphics Card Driver Screwup

Create a restore point first, even though the drivers are not stable right now. 
Download the Intel driver from -
Download the amd driver from -
The above 2 listed links are directly from the vendor site - Intel and AMD. These are latest releases than compared to the drivers listed on the Dell support site.
Download the BIOS from -
From the same link above, you could also choose to download the old but stable drivers for the Intel and AMD video drivers.
Once done, uninstall the existing video drivers from device manager and from control panel -> programs and features. 
Update the BIOS and restart the system. Once in windows, create another system restore point.
Install the Intel driver first - restart the system and then install the amd driver and restart the system. 
This should fix the driver related issues you are facing. Once all installations are done, create one more restore point for future reference.
Keep us updated.
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a question in regards to having three monitors.

I know that with my single 6850, if I want three monitors, I have to either do DVI, DVI, and DisplayPort, or DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort.

I am getting a 2nd 6850 mid-week. Will I be able to do DVI-DVI-HDMI with a 2nd card or am I still in the same boat?

I guess it's not that big of a deal if I have to get a DisplayPort-DVI or HDMI adapter, I'm just curious.

A:Three Monitors Dual Graphics Card question

Hello there, Johnathan.

I'm not a Multiple monitors guy. but i'm pretty sure that you can connect them like that:

I guess is possible because the purpose of adding another card to you rig is somehow related to the fact that you want to add more monitors (of course, this is only one of the reasons for multiple cards), hence, you need extra ports for connecting all the monitors. hehe Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong

Cheers, mate.
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys,

I have got a r6870-2pm2d1gd5 graphics card, on the box it says can run upto 4 monitors. I only want one more extra monitor, I want it to be separate from my other one so i could have separate programs on each screen.

Could anyone suggest a product i need or software which could help me?
Any information you get would be very good i dont mind how little the information.

Here is a link to it on the website.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, everyone. Sorry to come here and ask questions again.

So recently, my friend is selling away his Acer monitor pretty cheap because he wanted to upgrade and I decided to grab it. It is Acer P223W monitor.

I was wondering...

- Can I run 2 DVI cables from my graphics card which has 2 DVI and 1 HDMI because the Acer P223W only has DVI and I intend to run dual-monitor out of it along with my current Acer P193W.

Sorry about this, I have no idea in the cable connection and everything. I have tried Google'd but my searching abilities sucks.

A:Dual-Monitor Connections on Graphics Card

I don't own one, but a 560ti should be fine for dual monitors.

I believe that it won't support more than two, should you ever care.
Relevancy 61.49%

Currently set up with a Philips Briliance 190SW and about to buy a new monitor. Figured it wouldn't support the resolution so I had to go with a lower-cost monitor. Will my graphics card support dual monitoring? This is the one Will it work? And by any chance this one can be compatible? Sorry I just don't know where to look through the internet.

A:Will this graphics card support dual monitors?

Sorry please can you link us to an english website.
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be here is my specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS InsydeH O Version CCB F Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n a and there are no driver details either Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such nbsp

A:Dual graphics card showing up as N/a DXdiag

firz3h said:

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen. I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much. I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be.

the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n/a and there are no driver details either. Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such?

View attachment 77579

also not sure if it installed correctly as it shows up like this in device manager
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all I m having some issues with extending my desktop onto a secondary monitor correctly I have an HP Elitebook p with a Radeon HD m graphics driver and the Catalyst Control Center installed I ve hooked Graphics / Issue Radeon Card Dual Monitors a VGA-VGA cable into a Dell monitor I can successfully clone my desktop onto the second monitor but I cannot typically extend my desktop to use dual monitors I ve tried extending it using Function-F and selecting extend going to the desktop- gt Display selecting the monitor it is recognized and clicking quot Extend quot and going through the Catalyst Control Center to Arrange Monitors clicking on the external and Radeon Graphics Card / Dual Monitors Issue clicking quot Extend quot In all cases the screen flickers to black and when it Radeon Graphics Card / Dual Monitors Issue comes back my monitors are still in quot Clone quot mode In fact even if I ve selected to only use the laptop or only use the external monitor on clicking quot extend quot it goes back to quot clone quot I do see that when I select quot extend quot in the Catalyst Control Center it very briefly shows me both monitors in its configuration area but then flickers back to a single monitor the laptop I ve reinstalled Catalyst Control Center s latest software drivers to no avail I have noticed that if I install the latest version of the driver for the graphics card it resolves the issue but never permanently At some other point in time upon disconnecting the external monitor when I leave work for example or go to a meeting the issue might reoccur It s not tied to restarting either sometimes when I restart it the quot extend quot mode fails again sometimes it does not I need to reinstall the graphics card drivers yet another time to bring this mode back I know there must be a solution out there beyond quot just keep reinstalling the drivers quot but I cannot think of any alternate solutions Can anyone out there help Thanks Adam nbsp

A:Radeon Graphics Card / Dual Monitors Issue

Someone may have a better answer. But whenever I've seen issues such as this where software won't retain settings, or something works for a short time but continiously breaks in the same way, it's typically a sign of an OS/registry...and a fresh install of the OS will usually resolve the issue.
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought a new monitor today so I could run two screens off my computer so I had more space to photoshop ect. My computer doesn't seem to notice that my new monitor is plugged in and my graphics card doesn't give me the option to use my new monitor.
I do have two monitor outputs on my motherboard/processor
Any ideas?
nvidea geforce 7300 GT

A:Graphics card doesn't accept dual monitors

Duplicate post of:

FYI, Site rules:
Multiple Postings - It is simply not acceptable to post your question more than once, or to post it in more than one forum. Choose the forum that your question or post best fits in, and place it there and only there. If, after posting, you feel it should be in another forum, use the "Report Thread" button at the bottom of the post and we'll move it. We also reserve the right to move posts to other forums and delete duplicates.Click to expand...
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an Inspiron 560, currently using the on-board graphics (Intel G45/G43).  I found an old Radeon PCI video card so I though i could install it and use a second monitor (this is just a business computer -- no gaming or anything).
When I installed the PCI card the system seemed to disable the on-board graphics and I can't find a way to have both on at the same time.
This old card may make my system run slower, I'm not sure, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  Any ideas on how I can have both on together?
FYI I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

A:Dual Monitors on Inspiron 560 with on-board graphics & PCI card?

Hi BulkHedd,Enabling both onboard video card and discrete video card is not available for this system. The on-board Intel video won't support two monitors with separate (different) screens because you have only one VGA output on the PC. Please let me know the exact video card you are using to assist you better.
Relevancy 60.63%

I just installed Windows 7 Pro. Bought this computer with Vista installed. The Graphics driver was installed by Dell. I went up on the Nvidia site and downloaded what I thought was the proper driver(270.71-quadro-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whgl). It works but I think I might have downloaded the wrong driver. The Nvidia site is a nightmare for me.
Could you please advise. The driver that came with the Dell originally seemed to work fine.
Anything else you need to know just ask. Sure hope I didn't post this in the wrong place.

A:Nvidia nvs290 256mb dual dvi graphics card

You downloaded the right one,

Relevancy 60.63%

I have had problems ever since I started my new build but this is the latest moniter has no signal on boot after installing a Nvidia Geforce GT graphics card I go into display settings and try to graphics 8600 DVI signal gt dual with moniter no card update the driver and get this message Driver was created for an earlier version of windows Its automaticly resetting the driver to the moniter no signal with 8600 gt dual DVI graphics card windows default I have dowloaded the driver times so I know I m getting the correct driver The card is dual DVI which I ve never used but I have a DVI VGA adapter I read that if I have an Adobe Type Manager I need to uninstall it but I m not sure if my Adobe Acrobat Reader fits that description I also read that some moniters are not compatable with this card but I cant find this information on any manufacturers websites I have an I-INC TW D LCD moniter Its only a year old I would hate to have to buy a new one I cant find any known issues with this moniter and card although I do see a lot of issues with the Dual DVI cards posted online These are mostly setup problems dealing with uninstalling other drivers in which I have done all four times My board also has no onboard graphics so I have to use my old card with the windows default driver in order to go online and download the drivers and install them Without it I have no moniter It is a EVGA Geforce GT Its uses the same driver as my GT I thought the exchange would be simple with Windows XP Home Edition I have never been so confused moniter no signal with 8600 gt dual DVI graphics card on a graphics card installation Please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys,
Very simple question here. I wanted to set up a dual monitor thing on my Dv6-1352. I believe it has this integrated graphics chip : Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD. I wanted to use the dual monitor capabilities on it, but I was wondering if over time, extended use of the graphics card due to dual monitors would make it over heat/kill it. I don't plan on playing games, just using it cuz A) Its pretty cool B)It'd help increase efficiency in my engineering school work documents which requires I have a lot of things open at the same time.

Thanks in advance!
Relevancy 60.63%

HI there all, i have a question.. i have a spare ddr5 HIS 5770 graphics card i was wondering if i could put it in my little dual core machine (old trusty) ,the card can run dvi or hdmi or is this overkill for such a small machine being a dualcore and all its an acer veriton 5700g 2 gig of ram,ps its running win 7 (dunno how i jammed it in there but i did), and if its possible would i need any hdmi drivers to help the board cope or is it just impossible all together? would be cool if i could turn it into a tiny freak machine ,hopefully i havnt left anything out ,cheers

A:ddr5 graphics card in dual core machine

also it currently runs a asus silent gt210 1gb card ddr3,and i have a spare 720 watt psu ,obviusly id need to add that to run the card also
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought a new monitor today so I could run two screens off my computer so I had more space to photoshop ect. My computer doesn't seem to notice that my new monitor is plugged in and my graphics card doesn't give me the option to use my new monitor.
I do have two monitor outputs on my motherboard/processor
Any ideas?
nvidea geforce 7300 GT

A:Graphics card doesn't accept dual monitors

I am not sure if I will be able to provide an answer but someone else here may be able to help if we knew the exact brand and model number of your computer and/or motherboard.

Your subject line mentions a graphics card. If you do have a separate graphics card plugged in, also please give us the exact brand and model number of the card.
Relevancy 60.2%

Any help would be much appreciated My computer has onboard graphics Nvidia geforce nforce a which works fine I wanted to do a dual monitor setup with my TV Panasonic TH- PX U I first checked with my computer manufacturer quot Shuttle Barebones quot Card/Dual Problem Solved: Monitor Installation Please Graphics Help! and was told that the Nvidia Gforce GT graphics card would be a suitable choice I purchased an HDMI w Ethernet cable and installed the new card When I first made the installation the connection to the TV worked It displayed my desktop etc When I turned it off I was unable to get the signal back on the TV I checked with Panasonic tech support and was Solved: Please Help! Graphics Card/Dual Monitor Installation Problem able to determine that the problem is most likely that I must use the lowest resolution setting on the computer as the TV is not really meant to be used as a monitor but it could work As I had a picture and sound before I think it will work However I am having a heck of a time with the computer settings in Nvidia Control Panel and some strange readings in my Device manager for the new installation I disabled the original Graphics card and the computer monitor is functioning normally on the new card However the peculiar reading in device manager is this Under Display adapters the old card correctly shows up as disabled and also reads under quot Location quot Bus device function The working quot Enabled quot card reads quot Location PCI Slot PCI Bus Device Function O IS THAT CORRECT or does it mean that this card is somehow NOT registering correctly Second In the Nvidia control panel I setup a quot Dual quot setup with the computer monitor as my primary quot quot and the TV as my secondary quot quot When I click on quot Identify quot the primary is identified as and when I click on the TV secondary it is identified as quot quot also and in fact there is still no signal passing from the card to the tv but I will try to do this using the lowest resolution and see if it works again I am not certain which settings in the Bios like Onboard or PCI express are correct I did a tremendous amount of research and the only other thing I came across was that the setting for the card under registry edit should be quot Allowed quot and not quot Read only quot so I enabled that but it seems to insist upon quot Both quot Allowed and Read Only being checked Can anyone shed some light on this and offer advice as to how to get this setup to work Incidently the tv tech support had me check that my HDMI cable and HDMI connection on the TV were working properly and they ARE Many thanks for any assistance Anxious to get this solved nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I bought a new graphics card EVGA -P -N -LR GeForce GS MB DDR PCI-Express Graphics Card http www amazon com gp product B FKI M ref oss product to hook up my two monitors simultaneously I installed it on my desktop installed the drivers everything looks good except won't work. Graphics Dual DVI Just a bought signal Card. Monitor the Digital Input won t pick up a signal Im new to dual monitors so I don t know if maybe I m doing something wrong At the moment I only have one monitor as the nd one will arrive on Monday On my graphics card I have a VGA cable going from my GCard to my Monitor and Just bought a Dual Monitor Graphics Card. DVI signal won't work. it Just bought a Dual Monitor Graphics Card. DVI signal won't work. works perfectly Whenever I unplug all the cables and switch to my DVI cable from GCard to Monitor and switch signal on my monitor from Analog to Digital it doesnt pick up anything It goes straight to power save mode This is the DVI cable I bought http www amazon com gp product B KZW WM ref oss product Everything looks good but I m stuck at the moment and don t know what to do Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Just bought a Dual Monitor Graphics Card. DVI signal won't work.

So the VGA to VGA works. The DVI to DVI doesn't work.

The Video Card came with a DVI to VGA Adapter. So I decided to unplug everything. Connect the DVI to VGA adapter to the DVI Port of the graphics card and connect a VGA Cable to the end of that adapter to the monitor. So DVI Out/DVI-VGA Cable/VGA to VGA to Monitor and got (again) no signal under Analog or Digital.

Im stuck. I dont know what to do

Any thoughts? Thanks guys
Relevancy 60.2%

I know this is an issue ATI is aware of, but they have been aware of it for two years! and still no fix. I know using the magnify accessibility program will correct it, but... its really not a fix.

Does anyone know of a fix, official or unofficial that has gotten results?
I run the ATI radeon 5850 hd card

need anymore info/screen shots just ask.

A:ATI graphics card dual display mouse distortion glitch

Ive never had this glitch, but then again I dont normally run dual monitors, though I have in the past. Im running a 3870 x2. I also have a 4550 though ive never run dual monitors, and the 200m in my laptop has no issues with a external display as well as the ATI 4200 in my wifes compaq, with no issues. . .are your drivers up to date? and what OS are you using it in? ive tested m7 3870 x2 in xp home and vista ultimate-have not tried it with my 3870 in 7 yet, though the 4200 worked in 7 no problem. The only issue ive had with the compaq is with an external display attached, if its a mirror no problem, if I extend it reverses the screen on the laptop itself, really weird lol but ill get that figured out.
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I have a dual boot system XP Home and Pro on my laptop which serves as both my home and work Graphics System Driver Card and Issues Boot Dual laptop I have an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card which I had updated with the latest drivers dated on my XP Home partition prior to having the Pro partition created on my hard drive Now both Dual Boot System and Graphics Card Driver Issues partitions have the driver version dated and neither partition will accept a driver update to the latest version I run through the normal procedure and the install program says everything is fine and to restart my system but once I do I find the old driver installed with no change Is this issue due to the fact that I now run a dual boot system Has anyone experienced this issue before Does anyone have any good ideas on how to rectify the situation I hope to resolve it soon because I recently purchased Half-Life and the old graphics driver causes the game to hiccup quite regularly Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have nbsp

A:Dual Boot System and Graphics Card Driver Issues

Shameless bump...
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys, new and in need of help please.

Probably a basic problem to most but struggling here.

It has Windows 7 & a GeForce GT240 1024MB graphics card

I cannot get my 2nd monitor to work with a new PC I had last week. The DVI port seems to be the problem.

Both monitors work independantly through the VGA port fine, no problems, but neither work through the DVI port when I use a simple DVI to VGA adapter, I have tried 2 of these just to make sure it wasn't a dodgy adapter.

I have followed the various windows 7 'set-up dual monitors' tutorials but with no luck.

Nothing happens at all when I plug the 2nd monitor in.

Any thoughts?

Could I need to download a driver or anything?

Thanks for any help.

A:Problem setting up dual monitors with 7/GeForce GTS240 Graphics Card

Does that video card support DUAL VGA monitors? What I'm getting at is, is that DVI connector on the video card a DVI-I or DVI-D? If it's only a DVI-D (Digital only) the DVI to VGA adapter won't work. If it came with the DVI to VGA adapter one would assume it is DVI-I (integrated, digital and analog).

EDIT: I just tried a DVI to VGA adapter on my 220GT and it worked OK. This card has 1 VGA and 1 DVI conector. I'm running 2 VGA monitors as I type this. To be honest I was not expecting this to work.
Relevancy 59.34%

i've never tried to hook up dual monitors before so its probably something simple. i installed a new graphics card a while back and haven't used the original for months, and now that im trying to hook up dual monitors it wont even recognize the original in the device manager, or that i have a monitor plugged into it. both monitors work perfectly fine in the newer card slot. any assistance would be appreciated. thank you for your time.

A:computer wont recognize original graphics card for dual monitors

You can't use your onboard video card and an add-in card at the same time, it's one of the other. Well you can, but only on motherboards that support hybrid CrossfireX. In most cases your onboard video is disabled when an add-in card is detected by the BIOS. To use dual monitors you will have to have a video card that supports it and connect both monitors to that video card. Then press the Windows key and the P key to extend your desktop onto the second monitor.

EDIT: Filling in your system specs would help.
Relevancy 58.91%

EXCLUSIVE! New EVGA Classified Dual-Proc Board ? 270-GT-W555! | Tech Reaction

A:EVGA Classified Dual-Proc Board

Lush... and pricey too LOL!
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm hoping someone can help me with this I had a EVGA GTX which was sent back for repairs because I thought it was causing a problem A new dual with 280 using GTX nVidia mode EVGA Problem card was shipped back to me Among other things I use my computer using the nVidia two-monitor setup using quot extend mode quot Problem using nVidia dual mode with EVGA GTX 280 so both monitors in effect become a much wider screen My old card was set up this way With the replacement card looking at the computer as seen from the rear the DVI output on the quot right quot furthest from the motherboard works fine and as far as I can tell there are no issues However there is nothing I can do to get any kind of image from the other DVI output I've tried quot dual mode quot quot clone mode quot and just hooking up a single cable only to that DVI connector I've tried two different monitors and two different cables Is there some quot trick quot to turn on that other DVI connector or is this new card Problem using nVidia dual mode with EVGA GTX 280 defective I think I had a similar problem years ago and a friend fixed it very easily but I don't remember what he did If it means anything the video card I was using while this one was being repaired worked fine in dual-channel mode The drivers were uninstalled when we removed the old card and the new drivers were installed after the was connected to the system

A:Problem using nVidia dual mode with EVGA GTX 280

Have you adjusted the settings in the NIVIDA control center?
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all

Im thinking of getting a new vid card for christmas, ik now that the new DX10 cards are on there way out so im thinking of going with an EVGA card to step up in 90 days
im looknig into the 7900gs 160 dollors or 7900gt 210 dollor

now the big question is can i step up to the 8800gts in 90 days under that programe? if so is it a smooth transaction in general to step up??

A:New Video card (calling evga card owners)

has anyone done the programe
Relevancy 58.05%

EVGA just released their dual i7 board a couple months ago, but now it's out of their product line, with the single socket only existing. I was looking forward to purchasing this. What happened?

A:EVGA Dual Socket i7 extreme quad sli motherboard gone?

the only one im aware of is the evga super record 2, which is not meant to be for the average consumer/Hardcore gamer but for workstation/server use using dual 1366 xeons.
was the mystery board given a name?
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi im planning an upgrade soon on my computer because i got some extra parts to do so with Basically throwing my current hardware in a new case with some spare things im came across I have a eVGA i motherboard that im going to use for my new build Now currently im running RAID on my ASUS p b deluxe mobo I use that for just dual RAID mobo 790i eVGA Configured on 0 my OS and have a third drive thats not raided and use it simply for storage and backups I also plan on running RAID on my new system but i want to throw a fourth drive in and create two pairs of RAID drives two drives raided for my OS and two drives raided for my storage Basically im trying to find out if this can be done Configured dual RAID 0 on eVGA 790i mobo My mobo supports all raid sets and all six SATA ports are raid capable but i dont know if it can do a dual raid like im thinking Secondly Configured dual RAID 0 on eVGA 790i mobo I also use acronis Treu Image for my OS backups and frequently restore my OS to my quot preffered setup of XP Pro quot These images usually get stored on my storage drive s which will possibly soon be raided also Does anyone see issues with this Like not being able to access the raided storage drives and what not Losing data is not a concern at all i backup to another network computer and also and external drive so thats not a issue Just trying to see what i might be getting myself into before i find myself formatting and re-raiding numerous times only to find out its not worth it Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated Thanks for reading nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, wanted to update the driver, and it kept giving me a BSOD. When I play games it never gives me a BSOD. I've attached the dump to this thread. Could someone help me figure out what the problem is? A while ago, I had a RAM problem, but I bought new RAM and it was running great until just now. Thanks much for your time and effort.

A:BSOD while installing Graphics driver for EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

It looks like you have Driver Verifier enabled, this may be left over from the last time you had BSOD problems (Im guessing some one asked you to enable driver verifier). try disabling driver verifier by following this tutorial:

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Relevancy 55.9%

ram:OCZ Intel Extreme Edition Dual Channel 4096MB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz Memory

i'm desperate of constant freezes, luck ups can anyone tell me what's the memory setting for this board, i wanna run the ram for 1333mhz since that's my cpu front bus speed, so can someone tell me what do i have to change, i'm running at 1.8 volts right now with latency at 7-7-7-24 t2 i don't know what else to do.

A:problem with EVGA 790i ultra sli with OCZ Intel Extreme Edition Dual Channel 4096MB P

thanks for all the help!
Relevancy 55.47%

I just got my EVGA GeForce 7800 GS 256MB AGP video card a few hours ago and it didn't come with the installation CD and manual (yes, I've checked the box thoroughly). I think it's gonna take about a week for my CD to arrive, so I was wondering if I could install the video card without it and if so, how? Thanks in advance.

A:EVGA video card came with no CD

Yes, you can....all you have to do is disable the current drivers, shut down the computer, and then install the card. When you turn the computer back on, go to, and then download the latest drivers .
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a brand new EVGA 7600gt and it seems to be running really hot compared to what some other reviewers had. It runs at something like 55C idling and raises up to 74C under load. Is this normal? Other people had numbers like 50C under load. It also has a flickering problem I mentioned in another thread.

A:Another problem with EVGA card (temperature)

Do you have any fans in your system or on the card?
If not buy some from and cool down your system befor it overheats and :hotbounce
Relevancy 54.61%

Just wondering what would be best route to go without spending a fortune to increase FPS in XPlane. I have never used SLI and am wondering if a second identical 770 in SLI will give me a good increase in FPS.

A:EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked (2gb) in SLI or Upgrade the card?
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello very good day my question is if my pc is compatible with this card EVGA GTX 750 Ti  SCI want to make sure before making the purchase PC Intel Core i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHzFoxconnModel 2ADAchipset Ivy BridgePCI Express x16 SlotRAM 8.00GB DDR3 @ 798MHzIntel HD Graphics IntegratedWindows 10 Home 64-bit

View Solution.

A:Hp pavilion 500-023w can run this EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC card (c...

Mark, welcome to the forum. Yes, I believe that your motherboard should be compatible with the video card.  The card requires UEFI in the motherboard and your motherboard should have it.  Just be aware that the specifications for the card state that it only requires a power supply unit (PSU) with 300W.  Many members have reported that it is more like 400W.  You can try it with the current PSU, but if it doesn't work I suggest one made by Corsair.  I recommend at least 500W. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Relevancy 54.61%

after many trial and errors with the fans.. i finally figured out why my PC is still so loud.. well the NB chipset cooler on this motherboard (eVGA NF43) is very loud for a little tiny fan. so i decided to replace it with passive cooling.. such as the Zalman ZM-NB47J

Question is.. i have a 6600GT right by the chipset cooler.. will the zalman fit in there? i kno it wont with the 7800GTs but im not sure how much longer ther PCB's are on those cards.. maybe someone can help me =]

A:eVGA 6600GT + eVGA NF43 + Zalman ZM-NB47J = happy? or not?

After looking at my 6600gt, the picture of the motherboad, and the picture of the cooler, I don't think it will work. You use the blue pci-e slot right?
I guess there are several options. If your chipset stays plenty cool you could try slowing the fan either using a software program, or by using a manual fan speed controller. Or I've seen people with the same heatsink and a similar board layout cut some of the spokes(or bend them), so that it wouldn't interfere with the card. There also might be replacments with a fan that is quieter available.
Relevancy 54.18%

I am running windows Home Premium 64bit. I just did a fresh install and when I ran the WEI the computer rebooted. I can run it with out being in SLI mode, but as soon as I enable and refresh the computer reboots. I am wondering if it is caused by the power supply. I have a rosewill RP650 2 psu. - Rosewill RP650-2 650W ATX12V v2.3 &#38; EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

What are your thoughts?? I have the latest drivers and again this is a new OS install.

A:Evga GTX 260 SLI with Evga x58 mother board reboot issues

Hi and welcome to seven forums

How recent is the SLI? Have you just added the 2nd card?

Could you tell us the rest of your system specs or fill them in on your profile.

Do both cards work fine if you just have 1 installed?

Sounds like it could be a power issue if so.

Relevancy 53.32%

Well i got $130 and i am looking at this right here.....

is that good for the money and i only got a 300 watt PSU and it says

Minimum of a 300 Watt power supply

so i think thats good for the money how about yall ??

One more thing im getting this couse i wont to play Oblivion .....think this will do the job i got

AMD Anthlon 3500+ 2.2 ghz and 1 gig of ram

Relevancy 53.32%

I was just curious if the was good card for a low end system? I really only play CS 1.6 and use the net to look up football and movies!! i got 50 dollar gift certifacate to best buy so i thought i would get this video card!!!

1.9ghz athlon xp
1.5 gigs of ram
A-bit nf7 mother board
audigy soundblaster
pny Geforce 256mb video card
500 watt power supply
Windows xp sp3
160 gig WD 7200rpm
40 gig 7200 rpm

That is what im runnning!! I kidna wonder if the 2 gigs of ram im using is making the 256 meg video card lock up my computer!! Not really sure what the deal is though lol!!

A:Evga GeForce 6200 512MB video card

I personally think you'd be better off getting a Geforce 8400GS, or ATi HD4350, or Geforce 210GT for that kind of money. I've no idea which is better of the three, but they're all under 50 bucks.

I would have recommended the HD4670 if it wasn't over 100 bucks, which is shocking given the price I paid for it here in the UK a year ago!
Relevancy 53.32%

About - weeks GTX well; 570 performing 012-1573 crashes OC HD not computer Card EVGA ago EVGA GTX 570 HD OC 012-1573 Card not performing well; crashes computer I posted here when I was searching for GTX cards for my sons for Christmas After much debate we settled on the EVGA HD Superclocked I thought I should post my experiences with the card having played games with it for the last hours Installation of the drivers was untidy We had to install uninstall and reinstall several times to get both Benq GL HD monitors working Initially we could only get the DVI connected screen to work The HDMI screen remained black but was not lacking a signal just an image All up minutes to get the card working properly What little documentation that came with the card was attrocious Then the problems started Playing Payday The heist first which is not a high end game by any means the computer screen would go black for a second or two and the computer would restart Maximum playing time before this happened was minutes We played around with the fan settings using EVGA Precision to see if we could manage the GPU temp which was hitting C To our horror at settings over the card made sounds like a jet taking off but had little impact on the temperature and the system still restarted We did not change any other settings No changes to voltages or clock settings at all So then we tried other games In no game could we keep the GPU temp under C even with the fan maxxed out at These include APB Reloaded Skyrim Half Life Black Ops and so on The only way to go past with the fan is to install the firmware update but I'm concerned about being able to return the card So we haven't done that Besides which the noise of the fan is so loud we had to yell at each other to be heard The systems are I - 's at stock settings The systems have gb of Corsair CL Mhz RAM on a P A-UD R mobo The systems have Noctua NH-U B-SE after market coolers and the ambient room temperature is C These systems are running at C idle and at C - C playing games which is not too shabby So I put in the other card I purchased Same symptoms exactly So I tried both cards in another PC This one had a Z X-UD R mobo but everything else was the same The systems have W Antec Power supplies in Antec Two cases The cabling in the case has been tidied up and all fans are operational in the case I believe I have the two PCI connectors for the card running off different v rails One is a native PCI connected from the PSU the other is connected from a PATA cable with a PCI connector converter The previous cards were GTX OC GB with dual fans The EVGA only has a single fan The noise on the Gigabyte was negligible The temps when we troubled to look at them never seemed to exceed C But no game the kids played even on high settings trroubled the card at all So I'm planning to speak to ScorpTec on Wednesday and see if I can exchange the cards for the Gigabyte versions Unless someone has anything to offer that might point to a solution with the EVGA cards Anyone thanks Tanya

A:EVGA GTX 570 HD OC 012-1573 Card not performing well; crashes computer

Someone forgot the thermal paste? I would try to get the cards exchanged....
Relevancy 53.32%

So as the title says it I m buying an EVGA Gefore GTX Ti DS superclocked http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo Buying TI superclocked card GTX EVGA DS Geforce have a 560 an question amp CatId I m just not sure what power supply to get I m thinking about this one here http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId only problem is the card has pci e six pin plugs on it Will that power supply be fine The card comes with Buying an EVGA Geforce GTX 560 TI DS superclocked card have a question power adapters specific name escapes me right now shows pictures on site with card Also I chose to go with a premade store bought pc from gateway this time Last time bought pieces and had a friend build it for me I had to get it at bestbuy for certain reasons this time Anyways I have a gateway FX - e so that s another concern I don t know if that power supply has enough things for my computer Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Buying an EVGA Geforce GTX 560 TI DS superclocked card have a question

The PSU is one of the most important parrts of your computer. Don't go cheap. Seasonic or Corsair make quality PSU's. 600w to 650w should be sufficient for your computer if it is a quality PSU.
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I just bought new EVGA Geforce GTX 750 ti SuperClocked for my HP pavilion H8-1114 and when I replaced the old GPU wich is GT 520 with the new one, but it dosn't work and the screen freez with the blue HP screen and beeps sound  many times.   I have found the same problem and it's solved here: The exact same problem that I have but my HP desktop is a one year newer than his, so the question is if I do the same thing that sugested to him will be solved? if not would you mind please solve the problem for me. Because I believe there is no issue with my PC hardware and it should work fine. Best regards & thank you-Ken

View Solution.

A:new graphic card EVGA Geforce gtx 750 ti failing on HP pavil...

Hi Ken, Look aon the top back of the graphics card for a switch.  See the below image. You should have received a pamphlet in the box describing the use of the switch (legacy mode or UEFI mode).  If your PC has a version 8 HP BIOS then disable secure boot if set. If your PC is not at a version 8 BIOS level then the switch should be in legacy position.  The pamphlet should describe the use of the switch.
Relevancy 53.32%

64 bit
New install on new SSD
Computer: Build
1 year old computer
AMD Phenom 9600 quad core
8gb DDR2
Graphics Card EVGA GT520
Asus motherboard

I recently upgraded my system w/ an SSD, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, 8 gb Ram from 4, new graphics card cause old one died in the process. I'm running a 3 monitor display. One monitor is using the onboard VGA and the other 2 are DVI on the new card. When using Yahoo Messenger (the installed program), I get blue screen. I uninstalled it. Don't plan on re-installing it if it's giving me blue screens. Can't interpret dump files. Your help is appreciated.

A:BSOD 3 Display Yahoo messenger New EVGA card

Quote: Originally Posted by mmaddo

64 bit
New install on new SSD
Computer: Build
1 year old computer
AMD Phenom 9600 quad core
8gb DDR2
Graphics Card EVGA GT520
Asus motherboard

I recently upgraded my system w/ an SSD, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, 8 gb Ram from 4, new graphics card cause old one died in the process. I'm running a 3 monitor display. One monitor is using the onboard VGA and the other 2 are DVI on the new card. When using Yahoo Messenger (the installed program), I get blue screen. I uninstalled it. Don't plan on re-installing it if it's giving me blue screens. Can't interpret dump files. Your help is appreciated.

two issues
1-BrPar64a.sys. I believe this is a brother driver. Yours is 8 years old. Update or remove it
2-Clock Watchdog

Best advice that I've seen about this error (from here: )

What you're looking for will be in one of the following categories:

a) BIOS bug
b) a driver whose activity is causing the target processor to lock up
c) a hardware defect (temperature, voltage, dust, RFI, outright borkedness...)

So, check the drivers
Then check the inside of the case (temperature, voltage, dust, etc).
Then run some hardware stress tests

Try this free video stress test: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
Try this free stress test: Free Software - GIMPS

Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Then try replacing parts.
Then look up the versions of your BIOS to see what changes were done.
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.
Relevancy 52.03%

i have 2 ati radeon hd 4850's. right now they are connected with the crossfirex bridges and i'm only using one monitor and running crossfirex. i'm thinking of getting a second monitor for better gaming/seeing more stuff in flight sim X.

what i can't find is how to use 2 monitors with 2 cards. do i remove the crossfirex bridges and connect one monitor per card, or do i keep the crossfirex bridges and connect both monitors to the first card, still running crossfirex?

A:dual graphics cards, dual monitors, ati crossfireX

I would just connect the 2 monitors to the one card and then extend the desktop using either desktop properties or Catalyst control center.
Relevancy 52.03%

I saw a 6800 on newegg for a pretty good price, its the eVGA Geforce 6800GS 256-P2-N386 Video Card - Retail, is it any good? will it run with my pc? cud im play the latest games if i got it? heres my specs:

anthlon 64 3500 venice
2x 256 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
windows xp home edition
pci express slot
250 gb hard drive

and here is a link to my mobo:

well wud this card run on my pc, and is it a good card? i might also need a new PSU seeing as my current one is only 300 watt, and i dunno if i got money for that, also if i had more cash i wud add another 512 mb ram, in case, what kind of ram do u guys think I should get?

A:can my system handle the eVGA Geforce 6800GS 256-P2-N386 Video Card - Retail

Yes your motherboard could run it, yes it is a good card, yes you will need a new psu (I suggest the Antec TruepowerII 550) and yes, you need more ram. You have enough ram to run all of the modern games, but only in lower settings. If that's ok, then get the card and a psu.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi for the last months ive been trying to fix a but Nvidia Random not card with restarts card graphics graphics AMD problem that ive been having with my computer about months ago I did a major pc upgrade where i replaced my motherboard processor ram heat sink power supply and case the only things I used from the original computer where HDD's SDD and my AMD radeon HD gb Now ive have the most strange issue where i can be watching a video off the HDD or surfing the web on youtube etc and not long after I Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card start the activity my computer will turn off like if I had flicked the switch on the back of the power supply and then it boots back up again and will run fine until i start up an activity again and then it does exactly the same thing and reboots there is no BSOD shown nor Dumps Created Ive tried many things to sort this out and have RMA'ed the power supply and the motherboard the motherboard wasn't a direct replacement as they didn't sell my original board anymore which was a gigabyte ga-x -ud now i have an asus p x deluxe I have tried only plugging in one HDD SSD and then tried a spare HDD when that failed i have tried one ram stick at a time and still nothing now heres where it gets strange whilst trying to rule out differnt hardware i switched my AMD card out for a very old mb pcie x nvidia graphics and since then my computer has been running marvelously i can have it playing videos for hours days even although i havent properly tested for days and not a single problem at all The main difference between the cards is obiously one is nvidia and the other is AMD the nvidia one doesn't require any form of external power from the power supply where as the AMD one requires pin connectors and the AMD card is Massively more powerful when compared to the nvidia one the AMD one can run Practically all new titles on max with ease whereas the nividia card struggles to play gta sa on medium so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board a damaged AMD card a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be Any help is appreciated Joe P S sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

A:Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card

Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64

so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board, a damaged AMD card, a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be. Any help is appreciated.

P.S. sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

The comparison you are making between GPU brands is pointless as a diagnostic. The MAIN difference I can see is that one card requires external power, and the other one does not. A proper diagnostic would be to test another GPU that requires external power.

I've heard that the specific PSU you bought will sometimes not power all the hardware it is supposed so.
People saying it could barely power a SSD, or even an extra fan.

My thoughts. Try using another PSU, try using a similar GPU. Use your old PSU and see if it still happens for starters.
Relevancy 51.6%

My graphics display suddenly stopped for my computer. My PC is not even recognising my monitor, I tested my monitor with some other PC's and it is working properly. I though graphics card not working.??

But since my existing graphics card is gone and there is no on board graphics card on my PC I am not able to uninstall existing graphics card and install new one.

Could some one please suggest me what to do in this situation to see some thing in monitor so that in can start doing Uninstall/Installtions.?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance. I really apprecite it.

A:How to install graphics card when the existing graphics card in not working.

You could always stick the new one in and boot up in safe mode. Then proceed to uninstall all the remnant drivers. That *shouldn't* cause any problems, but it may be choppy when you boot up.(I've had this happen before, swapping a Riva TNT2 for a GF6600).
Relevancy 51.6%

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XP

A:TV Tuner Card, Graphics card, Disabling Shared Graphics

RichardB49 said:

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XPClick to expand...

You sure can!!,not sure what you mean by shared graphics though
Relevancy 51.17%

Motherboard - Gigabyte z x Gaming CPU - i k Video Card - EVGA GTX SSC Power Supply - Corsair W Ram total amount and number of sticks - GB GBx sticks in slots Windows version and if it s or bit - Windows Professional bit I just got this built yesterday I m trying to run CSGO and I m trying to stream CSGO I am NOT getting the results I expected at all So many people are telling me how I should be getting more on maxed out settings and how they have similar builds or the same and are getting much higher Powe Video EVGA 4790k Gigabyte i7 Gaming SSC 970GTX Motherboard - Card z97x - CPU 5 - Right this moment I may get near fps with no stream with the stream I ll be around and get a constant - variance my fps vs servers fps if I understand it correctly I almost had the same fps with no variance on my old rig i amp Radeon HD I m so lost on what could be wrong this is brand new nbsp

A:Motherboard - Gigabyte z97x Gaming 5 CPU - i7 4790k Video Card - EVGA 970GTX SSC Powe

sorry. wrong title. can be deleted.
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I no the title of this topic maybe hard to understand, basically im in the market to be upgrading from z77 to a newer z97 board, I have a few in mind that range from $180 all the way to $400, and when it comes down to it, it is the pci express lanes. I'm currently running dual 7970s and I noticed a lot of motherboards run 2x8x with dual video cards but some boards will run at 2x16x, so I was just seeing if anyone can tell me if theirs a big diff between running 2x8x and 2x16x with crossfired cards. thanks a bunch!

A:Dual 16x vs dual 8x pci e motherboards for graphics cards

No real difference.
Relevancy 49.88%

ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" Can anyone help me with this error message? I can hear the windows startup sound but it shows no display so i plugged the cable into the motherboad and an error box opend wich stated "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" with no additional information. I searched online and found that asus smart doctor can cause this and they recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers to fix this problem but the pc is not picking up the graphics card to reinstall all the needed drivers. I also found people with the same problem and after they did a clean install of windows7/vista and all the drivers the error box still appeared. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the PCIe set as first to initialize in the BIOS? Also, have you tried the card in another slot on the MoBo? Have you tried cleaning out the slot with canned air? Have you tried using a pencil eraser to gently clean the contacts in the GPU where it plugs into the PCIe?

And please, thoroughly fill out your System Specs by clicking on the tab under your post.
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now.
I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I needed. So, I tried just plugging it in and seeing what happens but it doesn't seem to work, I have tried looking for results around the internet and BIOS but they don't seem to work. The three monitors which I have plugged into my GPU, work perfectly fine, but, as I said, the motherboard's VGA port doesn't work. I have heard that such thing definitely is possible, but I cannot find out what I need to do.

Does anyone have an answer to this?
Relevancy 49.45%

I just installed my graphics card and it hasnt changed performance much My intregrated card uses mb ram I think I have mb ram and it still says mb ram card my My is graphics intregrated graphics messing card with new after installing the new card it did not free it up I guess the old controller is messing with it In the device manager I disabled the display adapter before installing the new card However My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card it was a nvidia controller and there is lots of nvidia stuff in the device manager since my new card is using nvidia My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card software also I really dont know what else to to disable or uninstall The display adapter is now the new card that part is working I guess The card I just installed is d fuzion Specifications GPU NVIDIA GeForce MX Bus Type PCI Memory MB here is the link to more specifications http www dfuzion com cards pci asp These are the specifications on my computer Microsoft windows xp home edition version service pack Emachines T AMD Athlon processor ghz it says mb ram tho I have mb and mb rams sticks in it nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I ordered a 7800GTX "KO" with EVGA ACS3 cooling (bigger cover for heatsink fan and card) I also will have it as well the cpu on liquid cooling I am hoping to get near 2.7-2.8 alot with same core doing 2.7 - 3.0 on 64x2 4800 and not going to oc the already higher 490/1300
Relevancy 48.59%

If my motherboard currently has an intigrated graphics card, but has a PCI-E slot, do I need to do anything special after inserteing my graphics card and installing the drivers, or should it just work right away?

A:How do you switch from an integrated graphics card to an "external" graphics card?

Most modern PCs will detect the new installation of the PCI graphics card and automatically disable the onboard graphics, so yes it should just work.

If for some reason you have problems, you may have to make a change in the bios, I cannot be more specific because each bios is different depending on manufacturer, and model of the motherboard.

Install the card, connect your monitor to it and boot up, when you get into Windows install the driver and reboot.
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi My name is Apoorva I am from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for an onboard graphics card and an external graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go between External graphics Graphics Shared) Card Difference (384MB (128/256M & Onboard for an external graphics card for a new Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this external graphic card is MB or MB Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M and as Onboard graphic card already provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Laptop which I am looking for falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Apoorva nbsp
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.
Relevancy 48.16%

Does anyone know a good Graphics card for use for medium gaming, but mostly on using Adobe Software, for example, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please find below link to Upgrade options I'm looking at for my old PC:

Recomended the entry level 6600GT lineup for Gaming

I'll list too, in case break in link:

Processor: Athlon 64 3000
Heatsink and Fan: Original Manufacturer
Memory: 1x 512MB 184 PIN 2.5V 400MHZ
Motherboard: NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
Socket Type: 939
Memory Slots: 4x DDR
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) Ultra
AGP Slots N/A
16x PCI-Express Slots 1
1x PCI-Express Slots 2
PCI Slots: 4
CNR Slots: N/A
Onboard Sound: 7.1 channel AC97 (Realtek)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) MAC + PHY (Vitesse)
Onboard Graphics: No
USB Ports: 4
Parallel Ports: 1
Serial Ports: 1
Form Factor: ATX

Look forward to hearing on your advise, Best Regards

A:Whats a Good Graphics card for Gaming and using Adobe Software-Graphics

I've done a lot of research on this because I built a new system back in August. While I am not much of a gamer, I needed a very good NLE machine. However, the card I chose is quite the gamer card but had all the extras I needed to run Adobe Video Collection.

I picked the Connect 3D Radeon X850XT Platinum card from Tigerdirect. At the time it was $350 but I know it's cheaper now. It's got everything you need for a demanding application like Premiere Pro 1.5 and its related software. 256MB of GDDR3 memory and dual DVI outs. I highly recommend this card. I've been using it since the start of September with Adobe and it's great.

Your CPU and memory are a bit more of an important factor with rendering and burning though. My new PC has a 3.4Ghz P4 and 2GB of 533Mhz dual channel RAM. It's an exceptional increase in speed and productivity over my old 2.4Ghz and 512 Rambus.
Relevancy 47.73%

I m having a problem others seem to encouter but can t get it resolved I bought a ATI Radeon X Pro MB PCI-E card I have an Emachine T computer with built in ati xpress Specs found herehttp www emachines com support product support html cat desktop amp subcat T-Series amp model T My problem graphics on new installing card Emachine/onboard-graphics Problem is after installing the card my computer doesn t recognize the hardware As soon as I put Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics the card in my monitor will not work The computer boots up and the monitor has power but no picture The card fan is working i can hear it Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics I take the card out and it works fine Here is what I have tried -Called emachines for support and after disabling my onboard graphics still doesn t work they say call ATI -Tried support from ATI no help they say its the computer -Tried disabling in BIOS but it doesn t offer a selection for that It also does t have a PNP feature Only first initial display which I tried on PCIEX -Plug Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics monitor to both card and onboard -Check MSI website and I do have updated BIOS I can tell that the onboard graphics are disabled due to large scale print I tried uninstalling the drivers but when i turn it on it detects and installs the built in graphics I just can t get the monitor to work whenever the card is inserted If it would work I could manually install the hardware and drivers I m thinking I need a different BIOS that would let me use PNP and disable onboard graphics Any help I would greatly appreciate this is my first time to this website and I thought I would try it before taking my computer to a shop to see if they can fix it Just scared of what they might charge since I only paid about for the card Thanks in advance Kevin nbsp

A:Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics

An extreme option

As you do have the option of a working computer prior to installing the new card I would back up any files that are important to you..
Then, before I would pay someone else BIG bucks, I would put in the new card and try a fresh install of windows. Force it to recognise your new card. The drivers that Windows will pick should suffice until the install is done and you can then install the card specific drivers from your disk.
This is given ONLY as a choice. I am not sure this will solve your problem but IT IS something this cheap bas____ would try before paying someone else.

Good Luck and check back, maybe someone else will contribute a better idea.
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all Video card appears to be reaching the end of the road with regular crashes of x type After extensive attempts card Enabling method onboard graphics graphics/Disabling to fix it the conclusion is that the card needs to be replaced I plan to acquire a completely new computer when I go overseas in days time Until then a band-aid solution occurred to me to last this week use the onboard graphics integrated in the motherboard instead of the failing discrete graphics card Some background info Motherboard is GA-G M-ES L Graphics card is nVidia GT Current display interface is DVI connected to graphics card VGA cable available My method is Update motherboard GA-G M-ES L drivers Uninstall discrete graphics card nVidia GT drivers Reboot and access BIOS Via BIOS disable graphics card and enable onboard graphics Save and shutdown Disconnect DVI monitor cable from graphics card also from monitor Connect VGA monitor cable to motherboard also to monitor Boot Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method I would lke your opinion on this planned course of action which potentially could be nigh unfixable

A:Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

That is just how you should do that, it's unremarkable.

Should not be a problem at all, it's routine, you could add another card later and be just fine after disabling on-board again.
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am Techsavy from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for Dedicated Between Card Onboard Graphics Graphics a Difference Solved: an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go for a dedicated graphics card for a new laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this dedicated graphic card is MB or MB and Onboard graphic card on the other hand provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card Laptop which I am looking for Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Techsavy nbsp

A:Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay I m really depending missing card, Overheating, and adapter graphics graphics not VGA working. on you guys to help me out here So my computer is overheating at temps above C My Nvidia Geforce GT m wont update from the nvidia download page nor from device manager I was just simply updating my drivers from Device Manager when I went Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. to update my VGA Graphics a screen came up and said an error was encountered with Nvidia GeForce GT m Now device manager says VGA Standard graphics adapter cannot start Could this be causing overheating I m also getting strange crashes in League of Legends Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. since this happened where I get a Black Screen and need to hard reboot my Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. computer sometimes after games Anyway its like my Nvidia graphics card is quot missing quot or something P S I also have an under laptop cooling fan Edit Also would restoring to factory settings return my drivers to default again and possibly fix this problem Here are my Computer Specs quot Model Alienware M xR Intel R Core TM i CPU U GHz Installed RAM GB usable Windows bit Display adapters Intel R HD Graphics and Standard VGA graphics adapter nbsp

A:Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working.
Relevancy 47.73%

I usually make a habit of checking Event Viewer EV on a regular basis having installed new drivers and a new graphics card this morning without a hitch I decided to check EV since this was a rather big change to the system Sure enough there was some new entries However Graphics Event related??) new entries Viewer graphics (NOT Card New when I looked into them they offered little information as to what the problem was When I used the link to see what online information was available the Microsoft site came back New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) with no information fixes for this problem These errors do not seem to be affecting anything but I just wanted to know how you folks think I should proceed Here are the two errors and what info I could pull from EV Device Center New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) - - System - Provider Name DeviceCenter - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PC Security - EventData Unknown Node text -- gt Second error will be in the next post

A:New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??)

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.

+ System
- EventData
0E00800001000000000000000B0004C001010000000000000000000008480700000000000000000005B9060000000000FFFF FFFF02000000580000840204000001200612080100000000000004010000000000000000000040538B0A80FAFFFF00000000 0000000010B0830A80FAFFFF000000000000000000000000000000001B000000020000000000000000000000700004000000 000A00000000530000000000000000000000
Binary data:

In Words

0000: 0080000E 00000001 00000000 C004000B
0008: 00000101 00000000 00000000 00074808
0010: 00000000 00000000 0006B905 00000000
0018: FFFFFFFF 00000002 84000058 00000402
0020: 12062001 00000108 00000000 00000104
0028: 00000000 00000000 0A8B5340 FFFFFA80
0030: 00000000 00000000 0A83B010 FFFFFA80
0038: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
0040: 0000001B 00000002 00000000 00000000
0048: 00040070 0A000000 00000000 00000053
0050: 00000000 00000000

In Bytes

0000: 0E 00 80 00 01 00 00 00 ..?.....
0008: 00 00 00 00 0B 00 04 C0 .......?
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 08 48 07 00 .....H..
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 05 B9 06 00 00 00 00 00 .?......
0030: FF FF FF FF 02 00 00 00 ????....
0038: 58 00 00 84 02 04 00 00 X..?....
0040: 01 20 06 12 08 01 00 00 . ......
0048: 00 00 00 00 04 01 00 00 ........
0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0058: 40 53 8B 0A 80 FA FF FF @S?.????
0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0068: 10 B0 83 0A 80 FA FF FF .??.????
0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0078: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0080: 1B 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 ........
0088: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0090: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A p.......
0098: 00 00 00 00 53 00 00 00 ....S...
00a0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I just wanted to add that when I go into Device Manager there is no problem with the CD/DVD. I tried updating the driver through DM and Windows says the driver is up to date. I popped in a CD and it reads and plays no problem.
Relevancy 47.3%

I just plugged my monitor into the new card (HD4770) and it works, did not disable or uninstall the integrated graphics. the integrated is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE chipset. The performance index went higher on paper but other than having better resolution I don't see a huge improvment. I still have video lag trying to watch streaming hd movies and my new camera (Panasonic Lumix ZS7) wont play video in HD over my computer. Must I disable and even uninstall the old integrated graphics too or am I missing something else?

A:I just installed a new graphics card, must I disable the old integrated graphics?

Have a look in your bios to see if it has an option to boot from pci-e or intergrated.
What is the motherboard you are using?
Relevancy 47.3%

What I really want to know is how to disable my Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, so that I can swap to Intel HD on-board graphics.

This is so I can compare the two on their Windows Experience Index.

Relevancy 47.3%

I recently purchased an Acer Veriton M G desktop which has an i - processor Windows Pro bit and Intel HD to PCI-E Graphics to HD graphics install disable how card Intel Graphics listed as the video card I also purchased a PNY nVIDIA Quadro FX PCI-E card for improved picture editing and home video viewing and editing I have already replaced the original wattt how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card power supply to a watt Antec Truepower I had on hand and boosted the RAM to gigs from the original Question Am I getting any improvement in visual quality or system speed with the Quadro or is it a waste of money and I should just save up to buy a bigger video card This card was on sale for If I am getting improvement then I need to ask another question Question Instructions for the Quadro installation are as follows --Uninstall the existing VGA driver -Remove the existing Display Driver via quot Add or Remove Porgrams quot -Shut down your computer --Remove your Existing Graphics Board or Disable Integrated D Graphics Controller skipping instructions on how to remove existing graphics board -Systems with integrated also know as on-board D graphics may require you to disable the integrated D graphics system Consult the owners or vendor manual that came with your PC on how to properly do this So how do I disable the onboard just uninstall the driver The only driver how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card I can find on the uninstall menu is quot Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver quot does this sound correct I did find the option in BIOS and it is currently grayed out I assume it will activate when it senses another graphics card Acer wants me to access their Pay for support system to learn how to disable the onboard so I m searching elsewhere now Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card

It's likely to be an improvement, but check it and see.
Onboard graphics are disabled in the BIOS (Try looking under "Integrated Peripherals" or something similar.
You probably don't need to do this, but it's nice to know how.
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there, so I just installed windows 7 on my friend's computer. Previously they had a ATI graphics card (not sure which version) but now it says it has a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Because of this, the resolution isn't displayed correctly and everything is enlarged. This is very annoying. Can anyone help please?? >-<

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a H535 and added a PCI GeForce GT610 that will support up to 2 monitors. I can get both onboard and PCI to work using 3 monitors, except when I have to turn off the computer.  Then the onboard graphics card fails to activate.   Here is what I have to do to get it working correctly again (I call it "the shuffle").Turn off computerUnplug PCI cardTurn on computer (boots using onboard graphics)Turn off computerInstall PCI cardTurn on computer Then everything works fine again until I have to turn off the computer at which point I have to do the shuffle again.
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt Solved: On board Detected Graphics card Graphics not m and one more thing In one of the game I checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card it Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

i am looking to buy a new graphics card to upgrade from the integrated crap that is ati x200 series 64 mb which although i didnt realize really wasnt what i needed to play battlefield 2142 and battlefield 2 so please help me i don have a clue what im doing in this area i have pci-e slots and a £100 budget