Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Sata vs Raid Sata? DVDRom not recognized

Q: [SOLVED] Sata vs Raid Sata? DVDRom not recognized

Hey guys,

I just purchased a samsung sata dvdrom - this is an upgrade from my old failing IDE drive. My motherboard (an Asus A8V Deluxe) has 2 sata connectors, and another 2 raid sata connectors - the 2 regular connectors are being used up by HDD's...

The question is, can I use one of the Raid Sata's for the dvdrom? (I've tried this already with no luck, I'm wondering if there are any bios settings that'll help with this?)

If this isn't possible, can I plug the hdd's into the raid sata's and not use the raid functionality?

Thanks for your help, I look forward to replies!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Sata vs Raid Sata? DVDRom not recognized

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Sata vs Raid Sata? DVDRom not recognized

No the raid sata port need a raid driver and won't work with optical drives, you would be able to use the non-boot hard drive on it however and put the DVD drive on the standard sata port. Unless you already have the hard drives in a raid config.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-sata-vs-raid-sata-dvdrom-not-recognized-405390.html
Relevancy 101.48%

At the moment Mix Controller? Sata Sata Raid Nforce Disks Can Non-raid 4 The And On You my system is set up with a bootable disk SATA RAID array via the SIL ports I am trying to FIRSTLY add a new SATA hard disk to the Nforce SATA Can You Mix Non-raid And Raid Sata Disks On The Nforce 4 Sata Controller? ports as a non-raid drive which I Can You Mix Non-raid And Raid Sata Disks On The Nforce 4 Sata Controller? want to make the system s BOOT disk and make the existing RAID array non-bootable SECONDLY add new SATA drives in a RAID array via the NFORCE chip I have added the non-raid HD to the nforce sata ports and set the appropriate BIOS RAID setting for the single HD to disabled This has enabled me to migrate boot files etc onto the new disk I cannot however get the system to boot from this new non-RAID hard disk as it does not appear under the BIOS Hard disk boot Can You Mix Non-raid And Raid Sata Disks On The Nforce 4 Sata Controller? setting - instead it boots with the Sil SATA RAID array The only way to get the new hard disk onto the Hard disk boot list in the BIOS is to disable the BIOS IDE SATA RAID setting completely If I do this however it will not allow me to add a further RAID array to the nVRAID controller SO IS WHAT I WANT TO DO POSSIBLE PLEASE HELP Thanks very much Steven Hardware k nxp-sli with nf and SIL controllers GT graphics XP mce nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-mix-non-raid-and-raid-sata-disks-on-the-nforce-4-sata-controller.363669/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi i m of SATA onto Drive Problems Windows recognized. XP SATA Installation not HD. new to this site but very familiar with technology i built this machine myself im currently running off my old HD but i want to reinstall windows onto my new SATA hardrive GB this one is an IDE The BIOS and Nvidia Raid config recognize the drive but the Installation Problems of Windows XP onto SATA HD. SATA Drive not recognized. windows installation does not I was reading this thread on this site that i foudn from google http forums techguy org hardware -bios-windows-do-not-recognize html because he has the same MB as myself but different hard drives I am currently in the process of trying what he did but i do not have a floppy drive I only have a CD drive and a GB floppy drive i m going to try these routes first for the configuartion software but if not im going to see if i can find one laying around IF i cant find one and the CD flash drive don t work is there another way to try the methods described in the previous web link Hard Drives are Western Digital Caviar nbsp

A:Installation Problems of Windows XP onto SATA HD. SATA Drive not recognized.

Most newerBIOS allow an Alternate method for SATA . . Go into the bios and check the "Sata Operation" setting, change it to "Raid Autodetect/ATA if it is not already. Now try to install XP ( Verbage will vary by manufacturer )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-problems-of-windows-xp-onto-sata-hd-sata-drive-not-recognized.773644/
Relevancy 97.61%

I could really use some from SATA Changing to - needed! AHCI Help SATA RAID help with this I have a HD that I'm moving from one Windows machine to another The new system is a Gateway DX The old was was also a Gateway DX When I put the old drive in the new computer I get the Windows Splash screen the stars begin to appear and it resets I went back to the old machine and noticed the BIOS setting for SATA was set to RAID I changed the new system to RAID it just froze I put a second drive in the new machine and now it boots properly I installed the AHCI Changing from SATA RAID to SATA AHCI - Help needed! drivers changed the registry setting to rebooted the machine and changed the BIOS setting to AHCI from RAID When Windows tries to boot I'm getting the same behavior as before I get the Windows Splash screen the stars begin to appear and it resets This is for Windows BTW Gateway AND Intel have both told me I need to re-install the OS to make this happen I'd rather not do that if AT ALL possible I'd very much appreciate some help with this Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide

A:Changing from SATA RAID to SATA AHCI - Help needed!

You have a few things happening here, 1st your Win7 is probably an OEM (Originaly came w/the system) andassuck is tiedto the original mobo & can'tbe moved.
2nd, you have 1 sys w/ a core2quad processor, and the other has an I5. This means the mobo & memory are different, you have a different setof drivers so thr=e DX4860 will not boot with the older drivers. Normallythis would take aclean install, but being an OEM version - you would need therecovery discsfromthe DX4860.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234824-changing-sata-raid-sata-ahci-help-needed.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Ok just got finished building my new compy and I am trying to get Xp OS to install I get past the add additional drivers Nvidia Raid recognizing nor Raid not SATA SATA is install single xp hd Class Dr and Nvidia NForce Storage Controller and get xp install is not recognizing SATA Raid nor single SATA hd them to install but when I get to install Xp now quot press enter quot part it comes back saying that it cannot detect a hd and must quit set up I am working on Gigabyte S-series Am mobo GA-M SLI-S ver and using two Hitachi Deskstar hds Gbs ea in a Raid gbs-s SATA This is my first Raid and second Sata install Now onto to what I have done I have followed the manual explicitly ie I followed the steps listed to first enter the system Bios and enabled the Raid controller then saved and went into the Raid bios to create the Raid saved and went back to system bios to select the Raid to a boot device and saved Now as I said Xp is not recognizing the hds and refuses to finish installing I have also tried not undoing everything and just installing without the Raid using just the Nvidia Raid Class Driver that is supposedly required w wo A Raid with the same results I have now redid the Raid array I noticed that when I went into my bios that it also does not seem to recognizing it When I go into Advanced bios settings under Hard Disk Priority it lists the Raid SCSI- Nvidia Stripe Gbs Bootable addins cards However under Standard it is not listed see below IDE channel M drive dvd drive IDE channel S drive cd rw Drive A Floppy Drive B None Also the start up scream where it reads all the drives as its booting up It does not show them either I do not think that this was the case when I first started this journey infact I am almost positive that I saw them listed before either that or I could have been having delusions due to compy stress unfortunately the floppy drive I had was defective so I have been messing around trying to get the Raid drivers on the floppy to install all day yesterday I finally was able to isolate the prob to the floppy drive and replaced temporarily with a working one but I am afraid that my problem might be based on the Bios not seeing my hard drives however since this is my first Raid I am not sure if it should be listed in the Standard CMOS under Drives or not Would clearing my CMOS on the mobo work shortening my pins and then unshortening Help P S the Bios is by mediashield ROM BIOS Thanks to all responses in advance nbsp

A:xp install is not recognizing SATA Raid nor single SATA hd

hmm, strange - have you formatted your hard drives already? Do you have Win XP with SP2 - SP2 is needed to recognize large hard drives.
I don't know how complicated it would be but if all else fails maybe undo the raid configuration format your hard drives (if they are not already) then do the raid thing. I am a beginner so these thougths/ideas might be irrelevant.
ddc22

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-install-is-not-recognizing-sata-raid-nor-single-sata-hd.638664/
Relevancy 95.46%

Perhaps not a question for sevenforums but I'd figure you guys would either have the answer or be able to direct me to the answer I purchased a Silicon SiI SATA Raid Controller purely to have extra SATA ports which I am using to connect to my case's external drive bays I have flashed the bios of the controller and updated the driver to put it in quot Base quot mode so it is not using RAID I did extensive research on this and it appears that I have this part right Controller? SATA on SATA-II Drive Raid For now I am trying to connect a WD BEVT quot SATA-II hard drive to one of these ports and am having some difficulty I can see the drive but when I try to format the drive in Windows or a command prompt using the windows recovery DVD it hangs I am wondering if this is a compatibility issue with a SATA-II drive on a SATA-I controller however most of the forums I have read state that if there is a compatibility SATA-II Drive on SATA Raid Controller? issue the controller won't even recognize the drive I searched around to see if there was a way to force the HDD SATA-II Drive on SATA Raid Controller? to SATA but the jumpers on this drive are for SSC and RPS Is there a way to fix this or do I need a drive that is capable of forcing SATA-I speeds Perhaps even a controller capable of at least SATA-II since that is the minimum of all new HDDs

A:SATA-II Drive on SATA Raid Controller?

SATA II drives are typically not backwards compatible with SATA I ports, especially on add-in cards UNLESS they have what is called "autospeed negotiation". This determines the max speed of the drive and tells it to compensate if it's too high (use SATA 1 vs 2). Unless there is a jumper on your drive, which it doesn't sound like there is, then the add-in card does not have autospeed negotiation. This is taken from Problems encountered installing SATA 3.0 Gb/s hard drives on SATA 1.5 Gb/s controllers.

I suggest finding an addin card that supports SATA II like this card: Newegg.com - Rosewill RC-211 Silicon Image 2 port SATA II PCI Express Host Controller Card(RAID 0/1/JBOD)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/161851-sata-ii-drive-sata-raid-controller.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi guys.
I asked this question before but somehow i got no reply. i want to know whether i should get two 200 gig connected through RAID 0, or just buy one 400 SATA150 and connected to SATA master1. i really need some opinion here.

my MOBO is Asus P5AD2-E Premium.

Thanks a lot of the help.
Mars

A:Is two 200gig (SATA RAID) better than one 400 SATA (master)?

The way I would do this is like so:
400g sata drive for the os and seldom used storage. I'd likely do a 10g os partition, and the rest for data, backups, etc.
I would raid0 the apps, raid0 of the os is asking for it, in my opinion.
Put a pagefile on the os drive and the raid0 array for best performance.

This way the os is on a reliable drive rather than on a risky raid array, apps get a boost from the raid0 array.
Keep in mind that most of the always needed parts of the os will ALWAYS be in memory. Raid0 for the os isn't really needed for performance. Of course, if all you have is a raid0 array, you kinda have to place the os there...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-two-200gig-sata-raid-better-than-one-400-sata-master.30553/
Relevancy 92.02%

can i disable the raid sata and use it like ordinary sata for optical drive in the intel D975XBX2 ? thanks

A:raid sata to ordinary sata

I use two sata drives in a hardware raid 0.

What RAID are you using? RAID 0/RAID 1/RAID 5
You can break your RAID, BUT you will lose all the striped data on all your drives if configured in RAID 0.
RAID 1 are mirrored drives, and the array can be broken without data loss.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/205011-raid-sata-ordinary-sata.html
Relevancy 92.02%

recently purchased a western digital 400 gb sata hd and am using a ide to sata bridge to connect it to the ide cable from an external 3.5" enclosure. when everything is connected the usb port that the external hd is connected to only shows the ide to sata bridge driver. i only want the sata drive to function as an external drive for storage. am i missing something that i need to do to get this recognized in my computer in xp?

A:Sata hdd w/ ide to sata bridge not being recognized

This Western Digital 400 needs to be formatted. Use the Western Digital install program to set up the new drive... You may have to temporarily install the drive into your computer to do the formatting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-hdd-w-ide-to-sata-bridge-not-being-recognized.107622/
Relevancy 90.73%

i have a windows 2000 server running off a intel motherboard that has onboard sata raid, so my 2 sata drives are currently running raid 1 (mirroring) from the board, my question is will the mirror need to be broken if i install a pci sata raid card and hook the two drives up to it? will it wipe out my data on the drives or just the mirror?

A:on-board sata raid -vs- pci sata raid....

Moving to a different brand RAID controller will require regeneration of all the data, I really doubt their formats are compatible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sata-raid-vs-pci-sata-raid.454623/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi

I have followed previous advice on how to set up 2 SATA drives in Raid 0 but I am having problems.

When I press f4 to enter the Raid Set up it keeps telling me there are no devices found or words to that efeect, or it could be disabled. I have gone into the bios and sata is enabled but I am not sure how the "onboard IDE Devices" menu should be set up and feel this may be the problem, I have tried altering it to Raid and Sata only and it comes up as IDE 1 Master and underneath it says also IDE1 Master.
However , when I go back into the bios this has altered to "enhanced mode" and IDEe3 as master and underneath IDE 4 as master???

Some help be much appreciated

Gus

Relevancy 89.44%

Hi All
Just a quick question. I have a sata drive installed, if I buy another one can I raid it with the other one straight off or will I have to have both drives empty and start from scratch?

I have done a sata raid before so can do that much, the drive I have now has 2 partitons as well.

Cheers

Gus

A:Solved: Sata Raid

Usually you need to have both drives empty and they should be the same size. Since RAID repartitions the drives when it stripes it erases all the old data, or at least the systems I have worked on did.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-raid.404792/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hiya

I have installed a few sata drives, but would like to install two on my machine in raid 0. Just a few questions.

1: Where do I go first? Do I install XP then do the raid set up?

2: Do I need to install the sata drivers on both drives?

Tell you what, could someone just point me in the direction, lol easier I think.

The drives are 2 samsung spinpoints, and my mobo is an ABit NF7 Series. When I start the pc I get the option to press F4 to enter the raid facility if thats got ne thing to do with it.
Basically, never done it b4 but quick to learn

Cheers

Gus

A:Solved: Raid 0 Sata's

If you are setting up raid AND going to install the os to the raid drives, then follow this procedure.

1 Connect both drives and connect power to the drives.
2 Power on the machine and enter the bios. Many onboard type of controllers need to be set for either raid OR ide. Check your mb manual for this.
3 Enter the raid bios and select the drives to create raid. Next you must select raid 0 or 1. Sometimes this is labeled performance or security; you want performance or raid0.
4 Once the raid array is created, restart the system with your xp cd in the cd drive. Note you must have the raid driver on a floppy disk. If your board did not come with one, you most likely can create one from the support CD.
5 During the first part of setup you will see a message to press F6 to load scsi / mass storage drivers. Do so. Insert your floppy with the drivers and continue. Once you load the raid driver, it is no different than setting up any os. The array is partitioned and formatted from setup just like any other drive.

You can create as many partitions on the array as you want. I am running 2 80 gig sata drives in raid0. I use three partitions; one for the os and basic apps like office, etc. The second for games, music, etc. The third is for downloads, backups, etc.

Note this is VERY important. You should have a third hd to use for backups. If one drive on a raid0 array dies, you loose everything. I cannot stress this enough.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-raid-0-satas.400423/
Relevancy 88.15%

I have a MB with 6 sata ports 4 are red and 2 are black. Can i use the 2 black ports just like the other 4 red ports to say hook up another HDD or DvD drive?

Note: i do not want to raid HDDs i just want to hook up more drives.

here is a link my MB....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131323

Tnx, Bob

Relevancy 88.15%

I have an old ish computer with no SATA plugs. I am wondering whether buying a SATA RAID card meens that I can have SATA hard drives or whether it just meens that I can have extra sockets if my motherboard already has RAID.

Any Help Apreciated

Thanking in advance

Jack-O-Bytes

Relevancy 88.15%

Can anyone suggest a method for reformatting a SATA RAID drive setup with XP Pro?
I wish to reinstall XP Pro and I don't have a floppy drive (I do have an external USB floppy) that some reinstall procedures use. I have my original XP Pro cd and also a separate ASUS mobo cd that has the needed drivers (I think). I believe I'll have to change the bios to enable the system to boot first from the cd (XP Pro) but if it asks for a floppy install for the drivers I'm not sure it would work.

I have all my data backed up on an external HD along with all passwords.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 88.15%

dudes,

this is really getting to me know. im trying to get XP on a new PC with one of these SATA HDD's (red cable) but windows installs so far then stops, shuts down then tries to install again.

the bios says no IDE HDD detected, the black screeens at the start say detected, not detected, etc etc. ive loaded the fast trak thing using ctrl f during xp install, raid is enabled in the bios.....aaaahhhhhh

also, in the raid bios setup page, the command lines are disabled (greyed out so) i cant set an array or make changes.

anyone any ideas? can i start from fresh by doing all the main bios settings/setting defaults and formatting c (assuming XP put some data/drivers on there)?

going mad.

took for one.

A:[SOLVED] please help - RAID SATA problem

"the bios says no IDE HDD detected"

That's because you have a SATA drive...You will need the drivers for your HDD and tell xp setup you have them.

- You need to get drivers from your HDD manufacturer

- When you run the xp setup, press f6 when prompted to configure your drives

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-please-help-raid-sata-problem-21102.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

just starting a new build .. 1st .... and I was reading through the motherboard manual.

If I just want to install XP do I have to do the whole press F6 thing to install drivers for the sata hard drive as this will be my C drive.

I won't be running raid as I have only 1 Sata drive..... but can you install this later.

The only reason I ask is that I don't have a floppy drive (but could get one if needed).

Mobo: gigabyte GA-P35-S3

HDD: Baracudda SATA 2 300Gb 7200ms

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-do-i-have-to-press-f6-for-sata-hdd-not-raid.604207/
Relevancy 87.29%

UPDATE Sata raid? wha?? storport.sys? mode only, Solved: funny that i Solved: Sata mode raid? only, storport.sys? wha?? m making progress on my own i m gonna label this thread solved i stumbled upon the solution online my sincere apologies for not digging deeper sooner i felt stumped at each roadblock because this was brand new to me and didn t even know HOW to approach it luckily i just had to reword my google searches final solution so future people can benefit i followed the steps outlined in a forum i can t find anymore gt lt unplug extra hdd s so they don t get in the way windows will use any extra drives to put the system boot files in it like the hidden system reserved partition it normally makes with only your main OS drive plugged in restart with installer dvd let installer repair any issues using startup repair or anything else it might find may have to do this multiple times it s ok profit it worked for me i m back to IDE mode for my sata drive i don t need the installer disc in everything boot fine and i even plugged my extra hdd s back in all good woot now i just have to deal with my drivers and hardware interrupts but that s for another thread if i get stuck again thx all thread solved OLD UPDATE ok i mucked around a bit more found a bunch of results regarding quot disk boot failure quot one of which piqued my interest it had to do with someone who could only boot into windows with the install disk still inside and not pressing anything apparently this is my case as well i plugged in the external DVD drive internal is CD only popped the install disk back in set the SATA mode back to IDE and walla boots up normally yay no more raid but now i m stuck again i can t get the OS to boot on it s own without the CD and upon further investigation i notice that the partition with win on it was not set to quot active quot and instead one of the other primary partitions had active on it i thought sure i can fix this i set win to active set the other to inactive remove dvd drive restart and flop nogo the error changed from quot disk falure quot to quot bootmgr is missing quot i think that was the error so i m forced to boot from dvd and run startup repair startup repair fixes it by RE-ACTIVATING the other primary partition Drive F i uploaded screenshot to show drives i m wondering if there s a way to remove the quot system quot and quot active quot flags from Drive F and have this thing boot without being in raid or having the dvd always plugged in any tips greatly appreciated OLD POST hello i got stuck on something and was looking for some new ideas to help fix my probs WARNING LONG POST i blame MS for all this cause they forced me to upgrade to Win cause XP gonna die soon exaggeration anyway here s how it went formated partition installed win everything went smooth finally got to the desktop for first time pretty reboot for first time DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER horror i don t know what compelled me to but I switched the SATA mode from IDE to Raid just to see if it boots again boom works great boots up like normal every time now i should be happy but here are the issues VERY old pc feels super laggy and sluggish i think to myself quot damn you win you re too big for my ancient pc quot but upon further research troubleshooting i find lots of hardware interrupts not all drivers are good yet i guess but woop dee doo crappy Mobo manufacturer does NOT have windows drivers mobo FIC K m- m using VIA chipset http www fic com tw product motherboard AMD k m- m aspx i don t know how well installing old XP drivers works on Win i know i can use the compatability switch and force it but sounds risky either way i still attempted this to install chipset in drivers found here http www via com tw en support drivers jsp specifically the Hyperion Pro in Chipset Drivers which include ide agp sata ethernet chipset drivers i crossed my fingers no improvement maybe slightly worse i know it s a driver issue so i m just tryi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-mode-raid-only-storport-sys-wha.1123189/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi I need some help direction or advice Earlier this year a virus crashed my computer If possible I want to try recovering data from hard drives that were configured in a sata raid Since the crash I have installed a new ATA Maxtor GB hard drive and have XP installed again I have installed the SATA DRIVES and they are recognized in the BIOS They don t show up in my computer When I open VIA Raid tool they are there and shown as operating normal but not in any array I don t know if I should try to create a new array or how to proceed and not damage any data if any is still available Any guidance and help Recovery Solved: RAID Data 0 SATA from is greatly appreciated Operating system XP Mother Board ECS P M PRO-M Processor Intel Pentium socket GHz MHz FSB MB Solved: Data Recovery from SATA RAID 0 L Cache Using onboard sound Video e-GeForce LE Hard Drive GB ATA Maxtor set as Master IDE Hard Drives - GB SATA Seagate Baracuda DVD Drive Sony R W set as Master IDE Memory Corsair GB - modules MHZ nbsp

Relevancy 87.29%

I have just formatted two Seagate gb Sata drives Solved: error messages RAID Sata and am trying to set them up as a RAID array but have run into these problems upon system boot When entering the RAID Solved: RAID Sata error messages setup RAID Utility both drives are there but when I try to select the drives by using Select Disk Drives I get the following error message HDD is not enough When entering the RAID bios TAB the window shows a Critical Status for the RAID array and when trying to duplicate the array is does so for a while and then gives this error message Duplicating error Array is Solved: RAID Sata error messages no functional Both HD s are shown in the failed array I have set up the bios to boot first from the XP disk and also have a floppy drive that I can use to install the RAID drivers for the ASUS P V D-X mother board which has an onboard SATA controller VIA VT SATA RAID Host Controller I don t know if I have a bad controller or maybe I m just missing something obvious any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

My wife's computer has an EIDE drive installed. It will not take an internal SATA but can I use an external SATA drive via an USB port?

A:Solved: External SATA Drive Recognized

Yes. The machine sees just USB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-external-sata-drive-recognized.1040576/
Relevancy 86%

Hi - I'm having a problem installing XP Pro SP on drive recognized XP install during SATA hard F6 not after Pro [SOLVED] my new WD hard drive The new HD is a SATA Gps jumpered for Gps My problem is almost exactly like the one described here SOLVED Unable to install XP Harddrive Error The solution provided there is exactly what i've found in other forums and blogs Once I got past a floppy drive problem that prevented me from loading the SATA drivers using the F key solution I finally was able to load the drivers from the floppy that came with my m b However after Windows setup started it got to the point after loading some drivers where it showed me the blue screen giving me choices - I chose to begin installing Windows XP So I clicked Enter and the next blue screen gave me the message quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer quot I've tried several different configurations in the BIOS but none worked Right now its at the default settings SATA is configured for RAID since my m b floppy contains [SOLVED] SATA hard drive not recognized after F6 during XP Pro install RAID Drivers Man I am at a loss I have no idea why I can't get XP installed Thank you for any help

A:[SOLVED] SATA hard drive not recognized after F6 during XP Pro install

You want to set the SATA to work as IDE . . not RAID, unless you have a RAID array. . . and you want the SATA drivers, not RAID drivers.

If you set the SATA controller to work as IDE you do not need the drivers on the floppy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-sata-hard-drive-not-recognized-after-f6-during-xp-pro-install-619805.html
Relevancy 86%

I just built my first computer (specs in signature) with a SATA hard drive. I put the windows XP Pro CD and it formatted my Hard drive the it installed windows, but it says that windows could not start due to a hardware configuration problem. Is there some special thing I need to set to get it to boot from the drive or what? Any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 85.57%

i have:
2 x seagate 80 gb SATA drives
asus p4s8x mx board with sis 694 /180 controllers
i have already:
made a raid 0 configuration from the raid bios utility
tried to install windows but it says there is no hardisk in your system
now i want :
make a slip stream cd of windows xp sp 2 with sis raid drivers
to install windows without using a floppy (F6 option) as i dont have a floppy drive
i need help and step by step please

A:Solved: how to slip stream a windows xp sp2 cd with sis sata / raid drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-slip-stream-a-windows-xp-sp2-cd-with-sis-sata-raid-drivers.465426/
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm looking for any advice on the replacing of my existing 80Gb raid drives which are 90% full. I've got two Seagate 250Gb internal drives on order and I'm using Windows XP Pro. I wish to do a fresh new install instead of a backup replacement to help weed out some "gemlins" that seemed to have crept into the PC over the years and don't want to leave. I've backed up all My Documents and other data programs and will install them after I get XP Pro up and running along with the upgrade to IE7. I'm looking for any caveats and other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 85.57%

So I've been having trouble slipstreaming my SATA drivers onto a XP install CD. I've done it before, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Whenever I hit F6 to install the drivers before I install XP my computer never finds them.

A:[SOLVED] Problem installing SATA Raid drivers @ XP install

Hi hcblankscreen and welcome to TSF !

F6 is only needed when the drivers are not slipstreamed on the CD. If you let it go further does it find your drive ? If not check that the drive appears properly in the BIOS.

If you have a floppy drive try the regular floppy method.

What methord did you use to integrate the drivers, nlite ? What's the brand and model of your motherboard ? Please post your complete system specs (check the posting system specs link in my sig).

Don't forget to answer dai's questions in your other thread, I suspect it's about the same computer. Give him the brand and model of your power supply (look on the sticker on the side of the PSU), the model of your video card and the voltages readings (+3.3, +5 and +12V from the BIOS). While you're at it post that information here as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-problem-installing-sata-raid-drivers-xp-install-288737.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Even though the following is a question I do welcome opinions on what the right answer is to my situation I have an IDE type motherboard The motherboard model number is SV M See http www newegg on (SATA work IDE) Motherboard Solved: Will Sata to Bridgeboard IDE com Product Product aspx Item N E Date accessed - - PM I am not sure but I believe my motherboard was made in Is there a way I can connect a Terabyte Sata Hard Drive to my SV M motherboard I have heard of a Sata Bridgeboard SATA to IDE I have not used one before A matter of fact I have only seen the Youtube Video below How to connect SATA devices in a PATA IDE only PC system https www youtube com watch v BwRClahcUCI Date accessed - - PM They even sell this bridgeboard SATA to IDE online Kingwin SATA to IDE Bridge Board ADP- http www amazon com Kingwin-SATA-Bridge-Board-ADP- dp B SZDOM Solved: Will Sata Bridgeboard (SATA to IDE) work on IDE Motherboard Date accessed - - PM The bridgeboard above above has a out of stars However I am not sure if this bridgeboard would be compatible with my motherboard If there is a better bridge board SATA to IDE that you know of please let me know Do you think the Bridgeboard SATA to IDE would work with the SV M motherboard nbsp

A:Solved: Will Sata Bridgeboard (SATA to IDE) work on IDE Motherboard

They sometimes work and sometimes they don't. To make things worse your motherboard is really old and uses a VIA chipset which had a lot of compatibility issues.

You may want to look into a PCI SATA Controller card instead if you need to use this dinosaur: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007863 600022728

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-sata-bridgeboard-sata-to-ide-work-on-ide-motherboard.1144094/
Relevancy 82.99%

My Box config

AMD athlon 64bit 2800+

ASUS K8-VX Mother board

want to upgrade to 500 gigs or if possible to 1tb Sata HDD

Problem is
1) Mother board is old done almost 3 years
2) I don't know what version of SATA will be supported
Please advise

Thanks in advance for your answers

Regards

A:Need to upgrade to SATA Not sure if it is sata or sata II which my mobo supports

http://www.asus.com/search.aspx?searchitem=1&searchkey=k8v-x

I don't know why, but everytime I go to asus, they're hving site maintenance
Anyway see if you can click on Specifications there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-upgrade-to-sata-not-sure-if-it-is-sata-or-sata-ii-which-my-mobo-supports.114075/
Relevancy 81.7%

I had an adaptec 1210SA SATA RAid controller with two 160 Gb. drive mounted in RAID 0. I bought a new controller (Adaptec 2410SA) and I disconnected my two 160 Gb. drive to connect on my new controller. But now it doesn't see my RAID 0. So, I reinstalled my old 1210SA and reconnect my two drive but now it only see a JBOD and windows can't access my drives. I see that I can create a RAID 0 without initialize the two hard drives in the controller BIOS utility, but I'm not sure I could recreate the RAID 0 without loosingall my data (and damn me I should check out before doing the upgrade but I wish it's not too late). Could someone give me a hint how to recover my data? (And sorry for my english I from Montréal, Québec and I speak french). Tank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-raid-0-to-another-sata-raid-controller.30046/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I just upgraded my PC with a new P GHz MSI Ultra-AR motherboard Intel chipset MB DDR video card and modem card I had a Gateway P MhZ PC I am using Win as my OS and eventually will go to WinXP but that will be months from now I wanted to keep Win for the near future I installed the new P motherboard in my new P supercase with Watt power supply DVDROM recognized.... not Solved: is floppy drive Gbyte Maxtor harddrive from my old Gateway DVDROM from old Gateway new U S Robotics Winmodem card and new ATI Radeon LE MB video card Eventually I will get a new harddrive and a new CDROM instead of the DVDROM but for now I just wanted to reuse some components to make this a bit simplier upgrade I had a difficult time removing the DVDROM from my Gateway mid-tower case I had to use more force than I would have liked to pull the bezel off the Gateway case to access the DVDROM I pulled the front bezel of the DVDROM off the DVDROM a of an inch and had forced the tray open too I booted up the new PC system and found that the device manager does not recognize the old DVDROM I removed the DVDROM forced the tray closed and reinstalled it Now the tray will open when I push the eject button and close it too but it is still not recognized I went into the BIOS and manually set the secondary master Solved: DVDROM is not recognized.... as DVDROM It was on auto detect before I rechecked the power cable and ribbon IDE cable and it looks like they are connected The red stripe on the ribbon cable is at the bottom of the IDE connector socket as it should be Any ideas about what I can Solved: DVDROM is not recognized.... do next I read in some of the hardware replies about reseting the register is this required and how do I do this nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

I have a built in Raid controller on my motherboard and wait to activate raid. Do I need 2 Harddrives of the same size, or can I use different sizes. Like one of 250GB and one of 200Gb?
Thanks,
Ronald

A:SATA Raid

you should be able to used non equal drive sizes. But you will lose all extra space on the larger drive. It will setup as the speed and size of the smallest and slowest drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-raid.277171/
Relevancy 79.12%

My mobo supports SATA and RAID but I have no idea if I should try to install my harddrive to one of these. Could someone explain the use of these?

A:Sata----raid....?

First you will need TWO of the SATA or Serial ATA interface Hardrives.
A RAID setup is wher the two drives work as one logical drive, the combined read and write speeds make the system run faster. The method used is called striping. Where instad of a file being written contingiously on the harddrive it is written in a data stripe on alternating harddrives.

For example, a standard PC has one harddrive. we will equate this to a glass with a straw. The CPU or whoever is drinking out of the glass can only transfer as much as the one straw will allow.
With RAID you have two glasses and each has a straw, 2X faster drinking or data transfer. This is a RAID 0 array. There are other types of RAID arrays but this is the most common.

RAID 1 = Basic RAID 0 setup but with one harddrive as a backup that holds the contingious files that are written to the other harddrives. This is the next most common. This requires 3 or 4 harddrives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-raid.245118/
Relevancy 79.12%

When I install an SATA hard drive and install Windows, do I really need the SATA raid motherboard driver or is that for multiple hard drives?

A:SATA RAID

Generally, the RAID motherboard drivers are for the SATA controller as a whole, both normal operation & RAID. Yes, you will most likely need them to install windows. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid.185565/
Relevancy 79.12%

ok...so ive been looking for a motherboard and every one i see, mentions either SATA or RAID controller or something with like 0/1...
I dont know what these are or what they mean, so could neone explain and/or help?
Thanks

Relevancy 79.12%

Hello folks, room for a stupid guy?
I'm trying to set up a serial ata aray (mirrored)no joy.
2xwd 200 gb hard drives, ga-k8nnxp motherboard,windowsxp.Installed drivers set up arry in the boot-up raid function, I get as far as the boot screen and then computer restarts.
Please help.

Jimmycreggan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid.57719/
Relevancy 79.12%

Why is it so hard to set up a SATA Raid 0 Drive??? Here is what I have. Asus K8V with the latest bios. I have 2 160 GB Samsung SATA drives.

I have followed the directions in the book to the letter. Only now that I upgraded the bios to the latest build I am not able to hit the tab key to get to the utility to set up the raid.

After I get past that I go to the windows set up when it asks you to hit the F6 key to laod drivers. I do that with the floppy and get to the screen to install and windows says no drive.

I read that you have to fdisk the drive but can't get to commnad prompt to do that

Any help

Thanks

A:Sata Raid o Set up

The tab option is when the bios first starts up. It is there to setup the drives, but when I go to it I can't do anything.

Yes it prompts me for the "s" and I put the floppy in I hear the floppy working. Thats when windows say no drive??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid-o-set-up.59233/
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm looking at a new Z68 mobo.

On the Gigabyte website they state that their Z68 has,

"Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected"

I've attached the whole description.

Are they saying they can RAID using the Intel chip as opposed to the Marvell chip?

I thought you could only RAID SATA 6 using Marvell, and only RAID 0 or 1.

Am I misunderstanding this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:RAID SATA 6Gb/s?

Quote: Originally Posted by bob lobla

Are they saying they can RAID using the Intel chip as opposed to the Marvell chip?

They are saying that you can use both for RAID

Quote: Originally Posted by bob lobla

I thought you could only RAID SATA 6 using Marvell, and only RAID 0 or 1.

You can also use the Intel SATA 6 for RAID 0 or 1

If you want to make a RAID that spans the Intel SATA 3 / 6 ports with RAID 5 or10 is where their description comes in and you will only get the speeds when you plug in the correct hardware to the correct ports. which could produce a raid with two internal speeds

This is my understanding of it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/165972-raid-sata-6gb-s.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone from a new member!

I am struggling to set up my first SATA Raid 0 array.

I am using 2 x 120GB Maxtor SATA drives on an Abit IC7 mobo. The only other drive installed is an LG Tri Format DVD Writer.

Whenever I enable Raid in the bios I can not boot from the SATA drives. If I set the SATA drives to normal IDE mode I can boot normally.

In Raid mode, I have set up the Raid array in the SATA raid bios and started to install Windows XP. Windows installs all files onto the SATA Raid drives then attempts to reboot but can't find the hard drive!

I know that I am probably overlooking something very simple but hours of research and trial and error have not helped!

Please help me before I go totally Bald!
SATA Raid Chipset is Intel ICH5R

A:SATA Raid

Two things for when you're trying to install your OS (Windows) onto a raid array:

1) Some raid controllers require you to push a key (F10 or similar) during their startup every time you boot until you've installed the Windows drivers. May or may not apply to you; see the manual for your raid chipset.

2) Early on during the install from CD, 2k/XP will display for a few seconds:
"Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver"
This applies to you. Push F6, and give it the windows driver for your raid chipset on floppy or CD.

Start your Windows install again from scratch following the above (first ensuring that you're using the raid mode that you want) and all should be well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid.11310/
Relevancy 79.12%

i have bought a custom built pc this is my first time with a pc where i need to start from scartch it took me forever to figure out why windows would stop at setup saying my hard disc help anyone? sata with raid please drives werent detected - i need the drivers i have been looking everywhere trying to find the one for my mobo but i cant specs asus m n mobo amd x gb ram asus radeon x pro MB GB SATA HDD UDMA MB GB SATA HDD UDMA MB yup got hard drives in hopes of figuring out how to raid as told on a different forum so i need help with the drivers if any could tell me what files i need to put onto a cd floppy also can i pull this off if my new pc has dvd rom with no floppy drives i could try to put in the help with sata raid please anyone? floppy from my old pc but just wondering if its possible i have spent over frustraing days with this issue im really on the edge atm hopefully someone will help out thank you in advance nbsp

A:help with sata raid please anyone?

I think the only way to use a DVD drive is to slipstream the OS on a DVD with the drivers. I haven't done it myself. When I built my first PC I installed a floppy and I am thankful I did just for this reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-sata-raid-please-anyone.76085/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all

I am going to buy a new desktop barebones and want the new Win 8.1 OS to install on an SSD 120GB so that I get faster boot-ups. Together with the SSD I want to include two SATA 3 HD's connected in RAID 1

1] Just not sure how or if RAID 1 will actually work with three drives as above. Will all three drives work together, for RAID 1, or would I have to ditch the SSD and only have two SATA 3 HD's ?

2] I have experienced two HD corruptions already and one Windows OS corruption on two previous PC's. I am looking for long term drive and data and OS stability Will a new RAID 1 set up cause my data and OS to perform with greater stability as I tend to hang on to PC's and HD's for a long time before upgrading?

thanks

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, I have 2 500gb SATA drives, one with a working windows vista install which I don't want lose, the other is empty. and I have a 250gb IDE drive which is empty. I currently only have one IDE cable which is connected to a DVD-ROM.

Is it possible to set up a RAID-0 with the three drives without losing my Vista install (I have a data partition which I don't want to lose, and a dual boot with Linux which I'm happy to lose temporarily) and using the IDE cable attached to both the DVD and HDD.

My mobo is Asus M2N-E SLI
Any more info needed, please ask.

Cheers,
CB

Relevancy 79.12%

I use just another HDD! Sata, want RAID? I a D XBX motherboard I have four black sata ports One for my HDD one for my CD DVD drive and the other two are blocked Intel s desingers never thought of the degree sata cable when placing their ports in I need the degree cables just Sata, RAID? I just want another HDD! so it fits underneath my video card Because of this the cables block the other ports limiting my sata ports to only I have blue ports which apparently are RAID ports I want to plug in another HDD for additional space I entered my raid utility and selected the spare drive option None of the RAIDs would work PC boots up and raid control recognizes the drive My Computer and device manager do not recognize the drive I really want to use my extra HDD but my computer does not how can I get my computer to allow me to use my HDD plugged in my blue sata port is where my video card is I can t use because of my ram cooler and can t use because of the way my PCI cards are set is where I have the sata drives plugged in One in the top left with the cable crossing over the top right Vice versa for the bottom two is where I have a second HDD plugged in that wont work Am I basically SOL when it comes to plugging in a new drive I don t want to do any formatting and cannot rearrange my PCI cards actually I can t do it at all nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Please help.
I've been getting this message for about a month. However, after rebooting sometimes once, sometimes several times the computer eventually boots up. After reading multiple posts on similar issues, I went and got a new hard drive. I backed up all the files and was going to reinstall evertyhing from scratch onto this new hard drive. I took the old one out and put in the new one. I get the same message when it tries to boot.
At this point I swapped the drives again (the old one is back in).
I am at a loss.
Am I doing something wrong when I'm installing the new drive? Why am I getting the same message with this new drive?
System specs:
Inspiron 531
Vista
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ 2.81 GHz
2GB RAM

Thank you.

A:no boot device available sata 0: installed sata 1: installed sata 2: none sata 3: non

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-boot-device-available-sata-0-installed-sata-1-installed-sata-2-none-sata-3-non.962890/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello,

I am thinking of purchasing a new HDD that is SATA 3G. My motherboard is about a year and a half old, and does not specify whether or not it can support 3G. I was just wondering if 3G is i guess backwards compatible? or if it is even worth getting a 3G drive if my MOBO doesn't support 3G.

Thanks.

A:Solved: SATA 3G Compatible with SATA I or II?

http://www.asisupport.com/ts_sata300_article.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-3g-compatible-with-sata-i-or-ii.749046/
Relevancy 78.69%

I've searched around and found many threads on converting from non-Raid to RAID however, little on the process of going the other way. If you know a thread, please pass it along.

I have a system image from the Raid 0 system on a single disk. However, it appears if I set the SATA configuration in BIOS as AHCI or IDE the system will not boot. It appears that leaving the SATA configuration in RAID mode allows the system to boot, even if the main drives are not configured as RAID.

Is there any down-side to leaving the SATA controller configured as RAID? The Intel RAID manager comes up during boot and reports the two disks as non-RAID.

Am I stuck having to leave that mode set (other than doing a full rebuild of the system and all applications)?

This is all on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thank you,

-a

A:Converting from RAID 0 to non-RAID SATA

Generally speaking, switching from non-RAID to RAID 0 involves a complete data wipe on the drives you want to set up in RAID to allow the RAID controller to construct a RAID array with whatever drives. I am not sure if that would be the case for the reverse process, but I have a feeling it probably has the same effect. Especially if you decided to delete the array.

In either case, I would make sure you have a complete backup of any and all files you want to save before attempting anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/143628-converting-raid-0-non-raid-sata.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey folks.

Installed a new WD Caviar Black 750GB drive for backup purposes today. BIOS recognizes it. W7 recognized it and installed the drivers. The drive, however, doesn't appear under My Computer. I reinstalled the drive, this time with a different SATA cable into a different SATA port (from SATA 2 to SATA 3), and the drive is still recognized in BIOS but not in W7. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:New SATA HDD not recognized, help!

Nevermind...figured it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/82308-new-sata-hdd-not-recognized-help.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I just built this computer MB - Intel D CVX P PCI Express SATA FSB CPU - P GHz MHz FSB Memory - GB Bootable DVD-ROM IDE Artec DHM-G amp CD-ROM IDE HD - WD Raptor WD GD GB recognized HD not SATA SATA K rpm Problem BIOS set for DVD-ROM as st boot device for installing During boot the system recognizes WIN XP and starts the install process loading drivers etc then press ENTER to install XP Immediately fate steps in and says quot No hard drive detected quot End of installation The HD quot IS quot recognized in BIOS as the nd drive Went to Western Digital about problem Their quot knowledge base quot SATA HD not recognized tells me of EXACTLY my scenerio and says I probably need driver update install for the SATA Controller This is imbedded in the M B Went to INTEL searched a gazzilion links knowledge base etc nothing to address this problem Haven t heard back from them maybe too soon Anyone out there know about this I m not a computer expert just a user of about years know something but not a Doctor of Computer Engineering as INTEL and Microsoft seems to assume everyone is Any info will help John Martin nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

Have a mach speed mobo k8m8ms that wont recognize a sata hard drive. Home made system running vista one pata hard drive one sata,two dvd roms 2gs dr 400 ram Bios wont recognize

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I just got my new computer but I kept the old SATA HDD from my original computer because I wanted to keep the HDD Second SATA recognized? not being information I now have a SATA II HDD as well and that is formatted and works fine on its own However if I try to boot up with my old HDD it gives me a blue screen and an error something about encountering Second SATA HDD not being recognized? an error and shutting down Windows to prevent damage From what I was told sometimes an Second SATA HDD not being recognized? old HDD will not work with a new MOBO unless it s formatted which I don t want to do So I tried making Second SATA HDD not being recognized? the new SATA II HDD the primary one and having the old one as an extra However my old HDD is not recognized in My Computer the BIOS or Disk Management Any help is appreciated Here are my new computer s specs Processor Intel Core Duo Processor E x GHz MB L Cache FSB Motherboard Asus P KPL-VM Intel G Chipset w -channels Gb LAN S-ATA Gb s USB Single PCI-E MB Memory MB MB X DDR - PC Memory Module Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT MB w DVI TV Out Video Hard Drive GB HARD DRIVE Serial-ATA-II Gb RPM M Cache nbsp

A:Second SATA HDD not being recognized?

have you checked the jumper settings? They may be wrong on the old HDD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-sata-hdd-not-being-recognized.719422/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey All-

I'm guessing I'm overlooking something having never dealt with SATA before, but I'm sure someone here will know the issue.

I have an 80 GB WD Hard Drive plugged into the first SATA port, and a Samsung DVD Burner in the second. The BIOS refuses to recognize the Samsung DVD burner no matter what I do--I've tried it in different SATA ports, tried it by itself, messed with the SATA settings in the BIOS--I just can't get it to work The WD hard drive shows up as being on IDE Channel 3 Slave.

FWIW, the board is a Foxconn G31-MXP.

Any ideas at all? This is frustrating!

Thanks,

Joe

A:SATA DVD-RW Not Recognized

Do you have more than two SATA ports? Some motherboards reserve ports 1 and 2 for hard drives only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-dvd-rw-not-recognized.834548/
Relevancy 78.26%

Last question being answered. If one of the RAID arrays consists of an external SATA and I make changes to that drive while connected to a different computer and reconnect to the computer with the RAID 1 array as long as the external drive is connected to the RAID 1 configured computer before turning it on. Will the internal mirrored drive be updated?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-1-external-sata.966245/
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm building a custom PC right now and I'm a little confused about the drivers I need for setting up XP on a SATA HDD.

I'm setting it up with one 250 GB SATA HDD, maybe more later but without RAID.

I have a floppy disk I made with RAID Drivers from my motherboard disc, but are these the same drivers I need for Windws XP to recognize my SATA HDD or do I need other 'SATA' drivers?

As far as my motherboard manual says (It's an ASUS M2R32-MVP) it is compatible with WinXP/2000, it only says I need those drivers if I plan on setting up a RAID system, which I don't.

So do I need more drivers, or should the RAID ones be what I need for WinXP to identify my HDD?
Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi

I have got 2 new Maxtor SATA 2 320gi drives for my PC. It's a high spec system, Intel 930 D, 2 gig ram, so, should I just use the 2 drives in SATA 2 IDE raher than in Raid 0 ??

Relevancy 78.26%

hey guys, this is an issue im having:

Im trying to reinstall windows xp on a friend's machine that has raid-0 and i need the drivers to put in at setup. I did this along time ago and I forget what drivers I used. The thing is im using two rockethead 100 s (http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/rh100.htm) to convert a ide drive to a sata one (this was a while back when im not sure if sata drives were out or whatever) and in anycase the hds are western digital caiviar, model number WD800JB. Expectantly, when I go to the site there are no SATA or RAID drivers for the particular model. Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to be using motherboard chipset drivers? Its been so long since ive done this im a bit rusty bleh. Any help would be appreciated

A:SATA RocketHead and RAID

You need to load the drivers for the raid card. If it is a highpoint card, then go to their site and download the specific driver for that card; ie rocketraid 133, 1520, etc. Put the contents of the driver folder on a floppy disk. You must have the full contents of the folder including the txtoem file.

Note when you download a highpoint driver, it will come with a bios update for the raid card as well. You should not need to update the raid bios unless you need some feature of the update.

When prompted by windows setup to load scsi drivers, hit the F6 key and place the floppy with the drivers on it into the drive when prompted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-rockethead-and-raid.426068/
Relevancy 78.26%

help me build a sata raid!!!!

i have a velocityQ editing....and i want to have a larger video and audio storage for it in a less expensive way...so if I can build a raid drive(IDE or SATA drive) that will be compatible with my system it will benefit us very much...by the way I am a missionary worker, working in a religious tv program(limited in funds, we only wait for sponsors) so can you please help us build raid step by step....God Bless you!

A:help me build a sata raid!!!!

What are you looking at RAID for?

1) Speed / More Capacity(RAID0)
2) Redundancy (RAID1)

What hardware do you have and what hardware are you looking at obtaining?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-build-a-sata-raid.34223/
Relevancy 78.26%

i've got just over £200 ($300) to spend on a new HDD/s and im thinking of using sata raid wot would be the best drives to use for this?

srry for spelling it wrong in title i really need to proof read what i type

A:what would be the best choice of DHH for sata raid?

I prefer Seagate myself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-would-be-the-best-choice-of-dhh-for-sata-raid.191160/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi im new to Raid sata drives.
I have two sata hdd's a 16gb and a 400gb i put em in and formatted them,
i should have 50060gbs.
but i only get 298.10gbs. what did i do wrong if anyone can pls help.
thankyou.
Robert Elenbaas

A:sata Raid problem

Did you set them up as a RAID0 array? With RAID, the size of the smallest drive will be used for all hard drives. If you want to use all your disk space, then you have to use those drives separately or use some software features (Dynamic Discs) to span partitions across the two disks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid-problem.73073/
Relevancy 78.26%

can you help me to build sata raid with win xp

hello! to everyone!
I want to buid SATA raid with 1TB cdapacity that can be use for my video editing syatem, could this be possible?
Can you please teach me step by step on how to build a SATA raid with win xp OS?
thanks a lot

A:how to build sata raid with win xp

we dont see your system specs.
We cant answer your question unless we see your system specs.

Lucan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-build-sata-raid-with-win-xp.34220/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Biostar mainboard with Sata Raid 0 enabled. I am trying to install win 7 sp1 but the install process asks for a driver. I thought the drivers are on the win 7 disk itself ? I do not have a floppy disc. What am I doing wrong ?

A:setup sata raid 0 on win 7

Look for the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer and put them on a USB drive. Do the F6 trick when prompted and point the Win7 setup program to the USB drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/186934-setup-sata-raid-0-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Okay so I bought this whole new system from NEWEGG, like $2400. And I want to try and do a RAID setup, but im clueless on how to do that. This is the specs. im working with:

Mobo: Abit Fata1ity AN8-SLI
CPU: AMD X2 4200+
HDD's: (2) Seagate SATA150 250GB
Video: (2) ASUS GeForce 6800GT's
Mem.: Corsair DDR400 XMS 2GB
etc....

I want to try and put the two sata drives into a RAID, the Abit Mobo has a onboard RAID controller from Nvidia. I dont even know were to start. I Figure maybe's this forum could help me out! :slurp:
Thxs.

A:Need help setting up SATA RAID

Well, opening up the scary thing called the "User Manual" is a good start..

And please try using proper thread titles. We know you all are here for some kind of help. We also know that you actually need this help, so no point in overdoing the exclamation marks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-sata-raid.33107/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi
I have dual Maxtor 160's in a raid congfig so of course shows as single
320 setup. When I go to the device manager and check the ATAPI secondary
IDE channel - it tells me that Device 0 and Device 1 both have Auto detection on
Transfer Mode : DMA if available
Current Transfer Mode : Not Applicable ( This Portion is grayed out )

How can I check to see if this setup is actually running in DMA mode and change it if it isn't? Burst rate is only 81 MB/s and should be in the 300 range according to specs.
Robert

A:SATA Raid setup

It probably will already be using DMA, if not then it would be using bus mastering.

Nick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-raid-setup.607208/
Relevancy 78.26%

rtf ansi ansicpg deff deflang fonttbl f fswiss fcharset Arial generator Msftedit viewkind uc pard qc f fs The Problem par pard This computer is a PC Chips M ATX motherboard Audio Xagp ethernet Lan USB Serial ATA CNR par Has PATA IDE and SATA headers The OS is Windows XP Pro SP par par The Computerwith IDE works fine but the Serial ATA does not The computer does not recognize the SATA Drive par I have proved that the SATA drive is OK par par I have downloaded and installed new drivers for the Raid Controller and Drivers but the computer still does not raid drive Sata recognize the Drive par par When I go to SystemInfo storage problem devices VIA Serial ATA Raid Controller- I get quot this device cannot start par tab At C windows Sata raid drive drivers VIA raid system - I get file not found par tab At C windows drivers WDICA sys - I get File not found I don t know what WDICA is Sata raid drive par tab Sata raid drive At C windows drivers VIA Raid Driver forWin XP A No notation par System Info Summary Storage Problem devices VIA Serial ATA Raid Controller Error code par System Info Software Environment System drivers VIASRAID status-stopped Accept status stop-NO Accept pause-No par par The above is my problem and things that I have found I do not know how to make the computer recognize the SATA disk par nbsp

A:Sata raid drive

What type of SATA drive?

Two things to point out. That motherboard uses an old SATA 1 controller. So a newer SATA 2 HDD may not work. The SATA controller may need to be put into IDE mode. Also, I've seen a few motherboards that would only run RAID on the "RAID" controller/chipset. So it's possible, the SATA controller will only work in RAID mode. You can verify operation in the User Manual.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-raid-drive.1121105/
Relevancy 78.26%

hello , since im new here ill start by giving my system info.
asus striker extreme mainboard
asus nvidia 8800 gtx graphicscard
intel quad cpu
4 gigs ram
and two 150 gig raptor harddrives.
Recentely i had stat raid reinstalled on my pc,using nforce sata raid controllers when i boot it says degraded mirror, but when i get into the nvidia control center it shows a degrading moirror , them a healthey mirror on sata 1.0,then another degrading mirror then another healthyon sata 1.1, also i should only show one disk drive but show 2 , when i check properties there is nothing there on one and the other looks good. my question is are the 2 degrading mirrors my old array and if so it wont hurt to delete them ?Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid-issue.89140/
Relevancy 78.26%

I had to reinstall WinXP Pro recently 0 Sata RAID unrecognized the PC kept rebooting amp safe mode etc was not allowed I had the OS installed on my Sata RAID 0 unrecognized C drive an GB WD sata drive I had D configured as a RAID dual raptors also SATA using SI chip raid Sata RAID 0 unrecognized on motherboard--Asus A N SLI premium Under the original installation I had configured the raid at Sata RAID 0 unrecognized boot up and was able to use it in windows without any problems I think I had to configure it in manage disks but it was a long time ago so I don t recall Anyway first time I reinstalled the OS I had to install the SI driver in Windows and then was able to see the raid drive and use it no problems although the event log kept coming up with an error and access all the existing data on the D drive I had other problems with the installation however and after updating bios drivers etc I wound up reformatting and reinstalling windows XP looks like the DVD drive I used to install was quot off quot with a new DVD CD drive installed This time when I went to try to load the SI raid drivers in Windows the drives show up but Windows does not see them They appear in device manager but manage disks does not display the drive Initially both were showing up in the SI software as quot orphans quot After I updated the driver for the SI the SI software shows as a raid and the other as an quot orphan quot and windows still won t recognize the drives I don t know why the raid would have been available after the first reformat reinstall of XP and then have problems on subsequent installations Is there any way I can recover the data off this raid nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-raid-0-unrecognized.609736/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have installed 2 Stat Hard disks and configured them as a striped set. They work perfectly well however if I try and connect an IDE drive as a spare it always trys to boot from there. There is a field in the Bios that asks first boot device RAID or IDE, this is set to Raid and the first boot device is HD0

Any suggestions welcome

Wayne

A:Sata Raid Problem

Does your bios have a Boot Priority page? Since bios shows all your hdd product numbers, find out the number for the hdd you want to boot from, then select that as the first boost device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid-problem.27604/
Relevancy 78.26%

I found the drivers but it said I didnt have a device in my computer..

please help..

Code:
Name: Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3112&SUBSYS_61121095&REV_02\4&3B1D9AB8&0&5840
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\SI3112r.sys, 1.00.0000.0028 (English), 2/24/2003 14:21:12, 85265 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\SiWinAcc.sys, 1.00.0000.0004 (English), 2/12/2003 14:37:48, 9600 bytes
I found that, so I thought I should update now it says i dont have a device on my computer, it's causing freezing in a few games and I need to fix it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sata-raid-controller-86480.html
Relevancy 78.26%

In my motherboard's site http www gigabyte us products product-page aspx pid dl go to choose your OS and choose windows bit if you want to see which drivers are available for my motherboard I have some SATA RAID AHCI drivers to download Just had clean install of windows bit So nbsp st one is Intel Rapid Storage Technology Intel rapid storage works better with Raid setup And if you use AHCI you don't need intel RST I also want to know what is the difference between RAID and AHCI setup nd Intel SATA Preinstall driver nbsp What does this RAID/AHCI SATA driver do It changes from Microsoft ahci sata driver to SATA RAID/AHCI intel ahci sata driver What is the difference between the two Which one is better I also know that it is SATA RAID/AHCI better to install this driver before OS rd Microsoft NET framework I have to install this one right I need it right and last another version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology So SATA RAID/AHCI i want to have a healthy gaming pc with maximum reliability and good performance I have Samsung SSD evo gb and want to keep it as emty as possible and fast So all i want to know is if i need these drivers Will i see performance increase What does each of these drivers exactly do What is the difference between the versions of Intel rapid Storage So all i want is to get informed and have a detailed answer Help would be greatly appreciated Also my motherboard is coming with AHCI mode right out of the box Sorry if this ''question'' is posted in the wrong category

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6befe43f-71e6-4ace-9053-adc985c9e409/sata-raidahci?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 78.26%

My uncles is wanting to replace the IDE drive he kept in his new tower i built advice SATA RAID please.... + for him Ive told him that he would be better getting x Gb SATAII drives Mbps in RAID ARRAY than getting x Gb SATAII Mbps drive as the loading times will be reduced by half again as the data is write read to both drives instead of just one is this right he currently has Gb x IDE Mbps drive which shares the DVD drive IDE SATA + RAID advice please.... controller so if he had TWO Gb SATAII drive Mbps he would get Mbps throughput in RAID ARRAY wouldnt he He was toying with idea of RAPTOR drives but too expensive for SATA + RAID advice please.... him I said two SATAII drives in RAID ARRAY would be faster than one single RAPTOR yes no any advice on all this SATA + RAID advice please.... would be great and how do i know if his mobo supports SATAII also I have a SATA RPM drive just installed in my laptop how do i know its running on SATA it does have a jumper on the drive the drive is noisy and im thinking of sending back for a rpm SATA thanks nbsp

A:SATA + RAID advice please....

ive checked and his MOBO supports SATA300 drives - upto 4 of them
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Manual_Model.aspx?ProductID=2693

but theres no mention of RAID controllers...but im sure i seen something about RAID in the BIOS when I built the PC...

can anyone check the above link for me to verify it will need a RAID controller... if so what do i get?
THANKS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-raid-advice-please.701910/
Relevancy 78.26%

Will a SATA 1.5 and a SATA II/3.0 work in RAID 0?

I have a 250gb SATA 1.5, and they only sell new hard drives in SATA II/3.0, so are they fully compatible and will they work together in RAID 0?

A:RAID and SATA II compatibility

Most likely, but you may have to cap the new hhd at 1.5 either with a jumper, in bios or somewhere else, maybe you wont even have to.
Don't do anything until someone who knows more about raid posts here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-and-sata-ii-compatibility.65575/
Relevancy 78.26%

I m pretty familiar with computers but I really know nothing about hard drives Let me explain my situation I have two hard should Two settings use? HDD's RAID/SATA -- I Which drives and I don t know what Two HDD's -- Which RAID/SATA settings should I use? settings would be optimal for me One hard drive is GB RPM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E the other is TB RPM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I haven t installed the TB one yet I bought it because I want to store lots of music and maybe use some kind of backups I figured it would be fastest to put my OS XP and all programs on the faster but smaller drive while putting all music everything else on my big drive I also read some way to like automatically backup all my files every time they re created For example If I make two partitions on my TB drive GB each then have partition s files automatically backed up on partition I don t know I read about it a while ago Anyway is my thinking correct or Also should I use RAID or something I know nothing about this stuff Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

I am getting the message telling me that a file is missing when I try to boot up. The file is nvcchflt.sys I have tried reinstalling this from the floppy disk using recovery console. However I just keep getting an access denied message when I try to copy it across. If I try to do a repair install, the system just hangs with a message "setup is starting windows"

The problem started when I tried upgrading the Nvidia drivers.

A:Sata Raid Problems

Try uninstall/reinstall? Go to Device Manager and remove the nVidia drivers, reboot, reinstall the drivers.http://www.runscanner.net/getmd5.aspx?MD5=...ss=nvcchflt.sysIt's not a Windows file, it's an nVidia file. Doing a repair install of the O/S...is not the thing to do.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114446/sata-raid-problems/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there techspot people. I have a question in regards a sata raid controller card. Currently am searching for a decent card to allow me to build a RAID 5 array, with atleast 3 disks, expandable on the next few months to more than 4-5. I've noticed that adaptec has a reasonable choice for a sata raid controller with 6 ports, however i would like to know what the experts thing about these cards and this manufacturer. Also is there any alternative to this card? I have no pci-x slot on my mobo, its a common old MSI K8N Neo Platinum with an althon 64 3.4Ghz.
Any recommendations much appreciated, or maybe an ebay listing of the card to check the price too. The one i mentioned goes for 50-70GBP new.

Anyhow.
Thanks

A:SATA PCI card for RAID

Which exact model are you talking about?

Do not buy an Adaptec HostRAID device - those are rebranded fakeraid cards, not real Adaptec products.

Actually, don't buy any fakeraid device - RAID5 on these is slow, 1990s desktop computer kind of slow. Excellent information on SATA RAID cards here: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-pci-card-for-raid.66656/
Relevancy 78.26%

I want to set up a mirrored set via the following card on MS Server 2003:
Sabrent Silicon Image RAID Native Serial ATA (SATA-150).

Question #1, can I use any type Sata drive, or do I need something special ?

Question #2 . I know if a drive fails in raid 0 or 1 I can replace and do a rebuild. What if the actual card fails ? How would the new card access the data on the old configuration ?

Thanks

A:Sata and raid question

Question 1: Any SATA drive will do.

Question 2: In RAID-0 there is NO redundancy. One drive goes and you've lost all your data. RAID 1 does offer redundancy. The cards rarely fail, but if it does then you'd want to use the identical for RAID-0, for RAID-1 it doesn't matter and 'can' be used indendently to create a new array or run individually on a new SATA/RAID controller.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-and-raid-question.495753/
Relevancy 78.26%

I tried installing xp pro (2002 - may be issue) and when getting to the windows fdisk screen as to where to install it does not recognize my raid. I installed the drivers and did all the prep work. My two drives appear as one... but windows does not recognize and will not allow install.

Windows needed to install some files on my big data drive to allow installation on my SATa Raid. After installation the bulk of my systems seems on my raid and the rest (x386, etc) on my data drive.

Another interesting ISSUE... Will not boot without my install CD in. without it, get non bootable disk message.

your thinking.. did i setup my raid (f10) as bootable and yes I did.

Could this be any more difficult!!!

HELP!!!

Correction. Only boot information is on my data drive. Tried getting creative with the boot.ini with no luck. Frankly should not have to anyway.

A:XP 2002 and SATA Raid 0

Getting "creative" with your boot.ini file could be part of your problem.

1st, do you "see" the RAID in BIOS ?

2nd, did you install the RAID drivers during the initial install by pressing "F6" during boot ?

Were they the right drivers ?
Were they signed ?
Did you install them on the RAID drive(s) ?
Do you have a RAID utility and can you confirm that the RAID is operational ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-2002-and-sata-raid-0-a-42476.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I installed a promise TX plus SATA RAID card I am using WD raptor SATA drives I installed a new SATA and promise Raid TX2 system Windows XP It seems to work well and is noticeably faster Now my question When you go to the TX setup utility and look at the drive assignment It lists the disks as UDMA this should be SATA Has anyone any experience with this Are the drives being limited to Mb s UDMA Has any one installed this card and seen their drive rated a promise TX2 Raid and SATA SATA I wrote Promise tech support a note on this Tech support asked me if my SATA drives were ATA or ATA With a question like that I have little hope of a coherent answer from Promise Any insight would be appreciated Steve L Just a note to anyone thinking of adding a Raid card I did have one problem If I plug i my PNY dual slot compact Flash card reader the promise TX2 Raid and SATA svstem goes bizzirk I get blue screens it will reboot or four times just to get up and still be unstable Unplug it and everything is ok Must be a big conflict somewhere Its not worth killing myself over I ll just get a new card reader they are cheap P Ghz Mb RDRAM Windows XP SP Nvidia TI Mb Promise TX Raid WD Raptor SATA arrayed as RAID Gb WD ATA Gb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/promise-tx2-raid-and-sata.145728/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey dudes Hope someone could help please I have a revision Bios A N X Deluxe board and am getting a second SATA GB raptor i would like to raid these as Raid- Striped to boot XP pro Do i need a Raid Card or can this board do this and are there any suprises i can expect PS This is just an OS drive so no backing up required SATA in 0 Raid Boot Also XP is currently Raid ing x WD JB s and was wondering what happens if i reinstall XP does windows recognise these RAIDs automaticly or do i lose the DATA and finally i bought before i knew what i was doin ish x MB Corsair Extreme Paired XMS Lat Dimms for this system there are rated upto PC This mobo is only compatable upto PC do the Dimms dumb down their speed to match the board or will i experience problems Thanks in advance for any and all your help in these questions PerpetualOmega XP Pro Corp AMD Barton FSB Asus A N X Deluxe Cosair GB Paired XMS Extreme x WD GD Raptor RAID- Hopefully x WD JB RAID x WD JB RAID DVD RAM CD Blah Blah Blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-boot-in-raid-0.256084/
Relevancy 78.26%

Dear All hi this is my letter i am facing very strange problem regarding to sata raid configuration i try to install sata sata problem in raid raid but fail with error x b problem in sata raid i try every thing remove ram add new removing graphic card amp use onboard try to switch sata cable of hard disk amp dvd writer sata cable from one port to other then i read some article which suggest me this is problem of dvd writer which should be on pata so i remove sata writer amp add pata rom luckily screan change amp from window setup screen change but this time other error which is quot hard disk did not found please check it press F to quit quot When i restart system it showing hard disk as raid sata raid gb but did not shows in ide in booting amp not even in Bios At last i delete all raid amp install normal setup without raid configuration i mark one thing that is my old hard disk did not have NCQ amp newer has had will this issue is conflicting amp creating problem please suggest me System configartion intel core duo E Gigabyte Ga-G M-DS R Gb Mhz Ddr Ram Nivada Graphic card xWD- Gb Sata hard disk Thanking you nbsp

A:problem in sata raid

To be honest I really don't understand everything you tried to say. Are you in the process of trying to install Windows XP? Not Vista, correct? It seems like you haven't installed the proper SATA/RAID drivers but I could be wrong if I've misunderstood the nature of the problem.

If so, make a SATA/RAID driver floppy diskette from the motherboard CD according to the instructions in the motherboard manual. If you don't have the motherboard CD and/or the motherboard manual, download the drivers or manual from the Gigabyte website. If you don't have a floppy drive, borrow or buy one to make life easier for yourself. At the very beginning of Windows installation you will get a message to install third party drivers by pressing F6. Do so. An alternative is to slipstream Windows and the drivers onto one CD. Google for the procedure on how to do so.

Also, you will need to install Windows with a PATA CD drive in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-in-sata-raid.87645/
Relevancy 78.26%

My old IDE C: drive is acting like it's getting ready to fail, so I'm preparing to replace it.

My MoBo supports 3gb SATA RAID, so I'd like to go that route.

What's the best way to move my Windows XP installation from my existing IDE C: partition to a new SATA Raid pair without reinstalling Windows?

A:Help moving my IDE C: to a SATA RAID C:?

Try doing a full disk copy with Acronis or Norton Ghost. Cannot give you a lot of hope as installing RAID drivers is part of the install process on XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-moving-my-ide-c-to-a-sata-raid-c.76417/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I ve just built PC using a ASUS A R-MVP Mo Bo I have x Gb Maxtor Sata II HDD s CPU is AMD San Diego and a Radeon Gigabyte X XL PCI-E graphics card I want to create a Raid but after 0, Creating SATA RAID II following the manual step by step it fails every time After changing main Bios enabling Onboard SATA Boot ROM save exit and enter RAID Bios it then takes an age while displaying identifying IDE drives Eventually it goes through and I then set up the RAID array as per manual then it freezes Creating RAID 0, SATA II I have allowed mins but nothing The whole process takes about an hour I have no problem using the two drives as independents PC is almost instant when I do Sorry for being long winded just trying to give as much info Creating RAID 0, SATA II as possible Please help before I go insane I m only a novice so please explain fully Can someone provide a idiots step by step guide Thanks in anticipation ASTERIX nbsp

A:Creating RAID 0, SATA II

Eventually it goes through and I then set up the RAID array as per manual then it freezes

and

I have no problem using the two drives as independents, PC is almost instant when I do.Click to expand...

I am assuming once you make it Raid 0 your reloading your OS right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-raid-0-sata-ii.446989/
Relevancy 78.26%

I updated my video drivers and whn I rebooted Windows would not start because a system file was missing.
I got in touch with my manufacturer and thay sent me the RAID drivers and told me to boot from CD-ROM

When I press F6 to install these drivers I get the message: 'The file nvrdx64.sys is corrupted'. I have emailed my manufacturer, but they take ages to respond, and I've downloaded the drivers from nvidia, but still keep getting the same message.

TIA for any help.

AMD64 4000+, 1GB RAM, KN1 SLI Extreme, 2x Western Digital 200GB (WD2000), 2x GeForce 7800GT

A:Sata Raid Problem

You said they sent you the driver files. Try going directly to the ECS website and download the SATA/RAID drivers. Maybe this time the files will be ok. They can't all be corrupted. If that keeps happening, something else is wrong.

Here is a link to what I think is your motherboard: KN1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid-problem.41239/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all,

Does a sata 2 hard disk (jumper removed) configured as ide in the bios have 3.0 gbit transfer speed, or do I have to set up a raid to have that speed ?

Thanks

A:Must have raid for Sata 2 speed ?

RAID is not necessary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/must-have-raid-for-sata-2-speed.577492/
Relevancy 78.26%

SATA Raid dissapered --FIXED--

Suddenly my SATA raid set has dissapered, witch means I have lost all my work for the last month. Can anyone help? Please.

It containes 3 partisions. Now I can't find anyone.
In the start up screen. it says "incomplete raid set please press........" But there is nothing I can do, exept deleting the raid set. ( haven't done this lol.)
When I look at the log it says "Warning meber dropped" "Set 0 dropped channel 1 Device on adapter 0 due to a port errer. SRB status was Request Timed Out."

A:SATA Raid dissapered :-( PLEASE HELP

verify that your drives are both hooked up and functioning, and that your raid controller is set up in your bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid-dissapered-please-help.34843/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey all what's up. Thankfully my PC has been running great! My SSD main drive is running low on space so I had a question I couldn't quite get the answer to on google.

My motherboard supports 2, SATA3 connections.
My current drives are SATA2 SSD main drive and a SATA3 1TB media drive.

If I were to add 2 SATA3 SSD's in RAID, does that use up both the SATA3 ports on the motherboard? or do they just combine and use 1? leaving me with 1 for my current media drive. I've never done any RAID so... sorry.

Hope I made sense,
thanks!

A:RAID SATA 3 6gb/s question

Two Hd Drives = two Sata ports.

60GB SSD as your OS drive, I would move your personal Data to the 1tb drive.

I personally would stay away from RAID & dynamic partition, as it seems to more problems than it is worth.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188885-raid-sata-3-6gb-s-question.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I plugged in the drive and my partition manager isn't finding the drive. I'm positive the drive is plugged in because my BIOS/BIOS RAID manager-like thing found the drive. What gives?

A:RAID/SATA installation

Not enough information has been provided to answer this problem. What kind of drive, what partition manager, does Windows see it, new installation.....?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-sata-installation.534794/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am going to be building a athlon system this weekend I have two wd raptor gig hard drives I want to use them in a raid function In reading the manual it gives directions for using the Gigaraid function but it appears to be directed only at IDE drives My motherboard supports serial ata raid functions I don t see any directions though Do I daisy chain the two hard drives I don t plan on installing a 0 in raid sata setup floppy The manual talks about preparing sata in raid 0 setup a floppy for software I am wondering if I can use a zip drive in place of the floppy for installing the raid sata in raid 0 setup drivers I would also appreciate any other pointers Here is the equipment Amd athlon x mb ddr pc Kingston Value Ram WD Raptor x Ati All in Wonder Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Antec Watt True Power Supply Antec SLK BQE Black TDK indi DVD x Sony x DVD Rom Gigabyte K Triton GA-K VNXP nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi everyone, just wondering if its worth it to get SATA (7200) drives and configure them to RAID 0...is the performance really that significant? What are the downsides of RAID 0? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 78.26%

Sorry this is a long post but I have been trying to fix this probelm for weeks and have been repeatedly thwarted My original computer setup is a Shuttle AN R Motherboard A and SATA Seagate harddrives in a Raid array About two or three weeks failure? raid-0 SATA ago I was trying to plug a USB cable SATA raid-0 failure? into the back of the computer when it suddenly turned off No big deal maybe something got bumped and shut off I repeatedly tried to turn it back on and would get motherboard lights and the whirring of fans SATA raid-0 failure? but no POST beep or VGA display I swapped graphics cards and power supplies and still the motherboard wouldn t POST I figured my motherboard had died on me so I bought a K VXSE replacement motherboard I got home unpacked the motherboard plugged in my drives and booted it up The VIA SATA raid driver on the card was recognizing my two drives but not the Raid SATA raid-0 failure? array they were in Ok I guess It looks like I am going to need a raid controller made by Silicon Images like my last one so off to Newegg I go A few days later I have my new PCI SATA raid controller I plug it in boot up the computer and lo and behold not only does it recognize my drives but also the Raid Striping array that they are in I go into the bios select the striped array as my boot device save and restart the computer Upon booting I am getting Boot Media Failures I attribute this to Newegg sending me a card with the Sil controller rather than the Sil controller on my old motherboard However this thought is denied when checking the Silicon Images website where it says users of can easily migrate to Not wanting to deal with this any longer I return the VIA board and scour the internet to find my same old motherboard After finally finding a place that had one left in stock I immediatly order it and began waiting for it s arrival Now here I sit with an identical motherboard as my old one and my two raid drives After plugging in all the neccesary components I enter the BIOS and select SCSI as my primary boot device As the computer boots I see my raid controller is again showing both of my drives in a striped Raid array After the memory test I get the same message quot Book Media Failure Insert system disk and press enter to try again quot I also was getting a PXE- error but disabled the onboard LAN in the BIOS and that went away So basically what I m wondering is what my next step should be I would really like to be able to recover the data that is on those two drives Is there anything anyone would suggest to get these drives bootable I have thought I could boot to a bootable linux cd or possibly install Windows on an IDE drive and see if I can access the drives in windows Does it sound like these drives are just dead If there are any diagnostics I should run or if you have any suggestions at all please let me know as it would be be really appreciated Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help in advance Kelly nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I'm trying to install a SATA DVD burner on my home build machine and it isn't recognized. I have 2 SATA inputs on my motherboard (ASUS P4PE). The DVD drive doesn't show up in the BIOS. I have a SATA hard drive (main drive on the machine) and I even tried swapping the inputs with the hard drive and it booted up fine. Is there a setting that makes only one SATA port usable at a time?
Thanks,
Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-dvd-burner-isnt-recognized.798312/
Relevancy 77.83%

I added a 2nd SATA drive (Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model HDS722516VLSA80) to my system. When I powered up WinXP Pro recognized "new hrdware found"....then I did NOT get the normal "hardware ready for use" message.

Sure enough when I go to Windows Explorer and look for the drive...nada. When I look at the Device Manager both drives are shown. What do I do to make this drive available??? Thanx!

A:2nd SATA Drive NOT RECOGNIZED

Has no one found an answer to this as yet?
Ive got the same problem with my additional Sata drive plugged into an Asus motherboard with sata sockets. Sata drivers of motherboard installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-sata-drive-not-recognized.258388/