Windows Support Forum

Important HD not showing up.

Q: Important HD not showing up.

I had to reinstall windows xp due to a software problem. In my PC I have 3 HD's. Only 2 show up in "MY Computer". In the bios under boot > hard drives I see 3 HD's and the one not showing up in "My Computer" is SATA150 tx2plus.

Of course that's where my important backed up data is. :(

My MOBO is an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe and when I went to install the drivers on the ASUS CD called "Intel application accelerator driver" I got the message "incompatible hardware". "This software is not supported on this chipset".

I'm at a loss as what to do. I built this PC about 5 or 6 years ago but it's ran so smoothly all this time I'm kind of out of the computer repair game.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful

Tom K.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Important HD not showing up.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Important HD not showing up.

can you see he drive listed in disk management ok

have you installed the latest intel inf chipset driver

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DwnldID=16023

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/important-hd-not-showing-up-411761.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I had to reinstall Windows XP due to a software problem. In my PC I have 3 HD's. Only 2 show up in "MY Computer". In the bios under boot > hard drives I see 3 HD's and the one not showing up in "My Computer" is SATA150 tx2plus.

Of course that's where my important backed up data is.

My MOBO is an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe and when I went to install the drivers on the ASUS CD called "Intel application accelerator driver" I got the message "incompatible hardware". "This software is not supported on this chipset".

I'm at a loss as what to do. I built this PC about 5 or 6 years ago but it's ran so smoothly all this time I'm kind of out of the computer repair game.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Relevancy 57.62%

Heyo, need to ask a question.

A while back in November, Microsoft released the KB3000850, which was a November roll up update. However some people didn't install it due to issues. I didn't install it back then and now, in March its showing as Important. Given how its like 400+MB, I need to know...

Has anyone here had any issues with it, and is it now finally save to install it? This is for Windows 8.1 32-bit btw.

A:Optional KB3000850 Showing As Important?

Using Defender I have never had any issues. The issues are mostly coming from 3rd party AVs, But I'm pretty sure the AV companies have fixed the problems by now. Still I recommend making a system image before installing. Even though I have never had an issue with patch Tuesday updates, as with any major system changes, I always make an image before hand, be it security updates, driver updates or program updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62505-optional-kb3000850-showing-important.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My HD on my Toshiba Satellite M -S went bad so Windows showing update available No important updates I reinstalled a new one and used the Toshiba System recovery DVDs to restore my laptop back to the factory condition Windows Windows update showing No important updates available Home Premium bit Initially Windows Update showed important updates to which I was able to download and install without any problems But now Windows Update refuses to show any additional important updates IE SP Windows update showing No important updates available etc and states quot No important updates available quot I came across the following thread on Toshiba's forum but the recommendations there did not help either - After Restoring to New Hard Disk No Windows Updat - TOSHIBA FORUMS I tried the following Made sure the Windows install was genuine and activated Installed the Intel Rapid Storage Tech driver dated from toshibas website Installed Hot Fix as recommended on Toshiba's forum Ran the SURT Ran a SFC Scan no errors found I've uploaded a few screenshots as well as the CBS folder I had to split up files in the CBS folder across multiples ZIP files as it exceeded the file size for posting in the forum I'm at a total loss and have no clue on how to update my machine and any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows update showing No important updates available

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file
I can see no problems in either the CBS or CheckSUR logs (haven't looked through the history yet, though)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289297-windows-update-showing-no-important-updates-available.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys,

I'm wondering why this security patch for a zero day flaw in IE 11 is not checked by default? Surely it should be.

A:KB2964358 Important update (but not that important)

Don't know why.
I usually manually check one or right click on one & hide it.
I hide all bing desktop updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45596-kb2964358-important-update-but-not-important.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, my computer is a dell dimension 1100, with a Linksys WMP54G wifi card, running vista home basic.

So, In the wifi thing in the notification area, it shows two wireless networks, One is my normal SSID (Lower Net), and one is "Unidentified network". They are both on one wireless connection (Wireless Network Connection 3). When i try to go on the internet, it says i'm not connected. i tried disconnecting from the unidentified network, but that disconnects me from lower net too. Thanks For Any Help In Advance!!!

A:Solved: Vista showing my normail wireless SSID, plus showing second unidentified netw

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-showing-my-normail-wireless-ssid-plus-showing-second-unidentified-netw.979136/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys I am fairly new to this website and would absolutely LOVE if someone could help me figure out this problem I have an Alienware Windows M laptop I know everyone hates alienwares but I don t have enough time to build my own The laptop has a build in SoundBlaster Recon Di with an intel display audio This problem just started happening yesterday before I went to work and when I came back the headphones wouldn t work I thought the headphones were the problem so I tried testing them on two different computers and they weren t working I went to get some new ones and tried plugging them in and they didn t pick up either The jacks do show that they pick up in saying showing not up Headphone No sound. it's playback devices; jack showing up. when the headphones are plugged in just no sound will play Speakers work perfectly fine but I Headphone not showing up in playback devices; jack saying it's showing up. No sound. listen to music all the time and need to have headphones that work The laptop is fairly new so I know it s not a problem that persists with that Tested Updated ALL of the drivers persisting to sound Disabled and uninstalled all drivers and restarted the computer If there s anything else I should add please let me know I just cannot figure out why it would suddenly stop working nbsp

A:Headphone not showing up in playback devices; jack saying it's showing up. No sound.

Sorry guys, forgot to add this into the main post.
(Attachment included of the picture)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-not-showing-up-in-playback-devices-jack-saying-its-showing-up-no-sound.1101554/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have just built a new computer using Windows Pro bit however I've noticed when I open Windows explorer out of times it will continuously search for drives when opening up explorer and not show any drives that are installed I've tried reformatting using different hard drives but the problem persists no matter what I do I've reinstalled Windows with only a single drive plugged in tried different SATA ports but this folders/file icons/thumbnails showing Drives not showing, not problem keeps Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing coming back The only thing I can think of is that the Windows install disk is corrupted and not installing properly I've also noticed that once it starts searching like this the icons wont display in any folder although the file names will Likewise when trying to sort files Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing by date type etc they will not sort When this happens I can easily type in Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing C to get to the drive without problem to access the drive but above problems with icons not showing sorting etc still is a problem Has anyone had this problem Know of a way to fix this I'm not looking forward to having to reformat again as I don't have the time to sit through and reinstall everything again after

A:Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing

Hey Man.

When Im having problems with the system i do this:

Open cmd as administrator and then type "sfc/scannow" press enter

I will check your system for missing systemfiles and problems.

Give it a try and let me hear from you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291483-drives-not-showing-folders-file-icons-thumbnails-not-showing.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Evening!

Have recently formatted my laptop and re installed Windows on my normal HDD because i have a small SSD since formatting my SSD and deleting and renewing the old partition, in windows explorer and disk management i can no longer see my SSD. I can see my SSD in Bios and in the Intel Rapid storage technology app, but cannot understand why i cannot use my SSD, Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Perry

A:SSD not showing in Disk Management, but showing on Intel Rapid Storage

Could we get some more information?

Does this laptop have 2 hard drive bays? Did it always have 2 hard drives?
What does "deleting and renewing the old partition" mean?

What I suspect is that the SSD has a partition that is still marked ACTIVE. Windows will boot from one Active partition and ignore the other. So if the SSD has just one partition that is marked active then the whole drive would be ignored.

If you deleted the partition in Disk Management or some 3rd party program then that would have taken care of the Active flag on that partition. But if you just deleted the contents of the partition that would have left the flag.

Let us know what you did.

EDIT: I should add: any partition that contained an operating system will have the active flag. This is not something you would have had to do yourself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290418-ssd-not-showing-disk-management-but-showing-intel-rapid-storage.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I am trying to remove empty folders using Remove Empty Directories. I know of a few that are empty, and just ran a test to see if RED would detect they were empty. Well, to my surprise, I am finding that RED shows 1 (or more) file in these folders (a JPG at 0.00 MB), but it's not showing up in the folder. Is there any way I can have these show up in folders so I can search for all JPG's and delete them? Example:

I do have "Show hidden files, folders and drives" checked under folder options as well.

A:File not showing up in folder,but showing up in Remove Empty Directori

Hi,

You could try running JPG Cleaner v2.6

I use this software on a regular basis. I'd suggest limiting it's use to only one problem folder on your machine as a test run.

Run the program with admin rights then from the GUI choose Add Folder then browse to your test folder. Additionally choose the option to delete Unknown Files and also untick the option to Create Backup Files.

Then choose Start and when the cleanup is completed there is an option to save a log file. Save the log file somewhere and have a look at it to view the results.

Additionally you could run the program again choosing the Delete Corrupt Files option.

If you're happy with the results - go ahead and add the other remaining folders or directories to be cleaned.

I've never encountered any problems using this software but as always before running any sort of cleaning product it's best to at least create a system restore point to fall back on and ideally have a system image backup handy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319757-file-not-showing-up-folder-but-showing-up-remove-empty-directori.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a toolbar on my taskbar titled "Programs". It has about eight folders in it. I made another toolbar, and placed it directly adjacent to the Programs toolbar, to obscure the eight folders and force it to be a dropdown menu.

Trouble is, as soon as I lock my taskbar, right next to the arrow that displays the eight items of my Programs toolbar in menu-form, one of the eight items is showing up as an icon, as if the other toolbar isn't close enough to the Programs toolbar in order to completely obscure the eight items.

Here's what I mean in graphic form:

It's bugging me to no end. Anyone else had this problem/resolved it?

A:Toolbar on taskbar should only be showing an arrow but is showing icon

Hello thewonkits, and welcome to Seven Forums.

I notice this happens when using small icons for a toolbar. If you like, you could unlock the taskbar, right click on the dotted separator line to the left of the two top far left toolbars (one at a time) click on View and Large Icons, then lock the taskbar to see if that may look ok to you. It will make the top row a bit bigger though.

Hopefully someone may know a better way to hide that bit of icon poking out when locked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/230380-toolbar-taskbar-should-only-showing-arrow-but-showing-icon.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am running the following system on a Dell Inspiron:
Vista Home Premium 64bitPentium Dual-Core 2.7ghz4.0gb RAM500 GB HD
My HD says it is 99% full. However, I have read all of the posts here for assistance, used disk clean-up, culled unwanted programs/files etc. and the size continues to grow.

I ran WinDirStat and it shows that only approx. 133gb is being used -- which is far more realistic.

I have ran a full system virus scan with Bitdefender.

What else can be the problem?

Thanks for your quick attention. I appreciate your help.

~MaHai

A:500GB HD showing 99%full - WinDirStat showing 133GB used?

Welcome
Off the top may I suggest the obvious. Test your hard drive

Test Hard Drive HD Diagnostic or this test Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290468-500gb-hd-showing-99-full-windirstat-showing-133gb-used.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a game in my pen drive that is splits second, my friend had given this pen drive to me, but windows explorer is showing that this drive is empty, i have checked it if it is hidden but still it's not showing after i had changed settings for hidden files, and i had checked the drive properties, it is showing that 3.07 GB free of 7.44 GB, please help me...

A:File folder is not showing in my pen drive, showing it is empty.

Hi,

The problem could be because all the data that was present inside the pen drive now have become system files by the virus. This is the reason why they are not visible even with the option “Show Hidden files and folders”.
To remove the problem this is what you need to do.
1. Go to Folder Options -> View tab
2. Make sure that your Show Hidden files and folders option is enabled.
3. Uncheck the option that reads “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”

Now when you see your pen drive, you will find that your data is present there but in hidden form. There are 2 ways to unhide the data, either right click and uncheck the Hidden box or type in the following command in the command prompt
attrib filename –h –r –s
where filename is the complete location of the file.

Let me know if it solved your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253886-file-folder-not-showing-my-pen-drive-showing-empty.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am hoping that I am posting this in the correct area. My wife has a laptop that will connect wirlessly and show internet pages on our home network but when we are traveling, even at her parents, he laptop shows as being connected to the wireless network but does not show internet pages or allow her to surf the net. This only happens away from our home network. Any ideas on how to fix this? It is a Dell laptop is that makes a difference.(Moderator edit: added Topic Description.jgw)

A:showing connected but not showing internet pages

I've had good luck with similar issues by clearing out its saved networks, then trying to connect again.

If I had the OS, I could tell you how to do so... hint, hint

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336844/showing-connected-but-not-showing-internet-pages/
Relevancy 35.69%

windows not showing my disk partitions please help and it is showing my partitions like in the screenshot, please help me my all the memories in life are in those disks

A:windows not showing my disk partitions please help and it is showing

As the screen says,it shows all the partitions

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378059-windows-not-showing-my-disk-partitions-please-help-showing.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Why is it that sometimes the folders icons show samples of their contents and sometimes not?

Check the two images: the first shows Desktop in Windows Explorer; the second shows the desktop itself.

Any idea on how to make Windows always show the folders contents samples?

TIA.

A:Folders icons showing/not showing content

Hello Paul,

You might see if clearing and resetting the thumbnail cache may be able to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276382-folders-icons-showing-not-showing-content.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I have a problem with my dell computer Its a desktop and about a day or two ago it started freezing to a point where I even had to unplug it I'm pretty sure that I only had to unplug Its really Please help. important! it once and turn it off with the power button once Today when I came home for lunch Please help. Its really important! from my job it seemed as if it was working fine I never Please help. Its really important! actually went to the computer but it had the internet open from when my wife or son was on so I didn't think it was having a problem But when I came home from my job the computer was on a black screen that said something about windows not starting properly and it gives me some safe mode options an option that says something about starting with my last working settings or something like that and a start windows normally option I have tried all of the options tried starting it with my xp disk which it failed to boot and I am so confused about what to do I have taxes and my resume as well as photos and lots of nonrecoverable things on the hard drive in that computer so I would love to get this fixed without having to lose any information on my hard drive I should probably mention that every now and again for a split second after it loads the xp screen a blue screen will pop up After the split second that it pops up just a reminder it does NOT happen every time the dell screen loads and it goes to the black screen that I mentioned earlier

A:Please help. Its really important!

One thing I have found with dells is that the PageFile sometimes gets corrupt, here it causes the computer to reboot continously. Though if I turn off the Auto Reboot on Fatal Error it comes up with a blue screen.

Have you attempted to use the Windows disc to boot? Then after it runs through the initial options there is a point which you can hit R to go to the recovery console.

At this point it will ask you which Windows system you want to recover, usually the option you want is 1. which in most cases is drive C.

At this point, it may also ask you for an Administrator password. Now if you don't know that then there are other steps you have to take but at the moment I do not have the time to get into that and you may want to try a different option. But if it does let you in, then what you want to run is a chkdsk.

If you type chkdsk /? it would show some options, if I recall you want to run the one that says chkdsk /p and if that doesn't work then run the other.

This will check your disk for errors, as well as the pagefile and if the pagefile has errors hopefully it is able to recover them.

Just a suggestion to try though, as that could be a many possible things and I could be completely wrong.

Cheers,
Tehedra

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-its-really-important-305159.html
Relevancy 33.97%

these are both for sale wich is better for gaming

System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 7745G
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7860MB RAM (8G ddr3)
2x 500g hard drives
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
Dedicated video Memory: 1011 MB (1g)
or 2.2Ghz Phenom II N970 Quad core processor
8GB DDR3 RAM
1GB 6650 ATI Video card (Much better than it sounds, it is an AMAZING card)
500GB HDD
HDMI out etc

A:Important

I would go with the AMD. It has a dedicated video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important.1041528/
Relevancy 33.97%

Detected SPYware System error Your IP address is Using this address a remote computer has gained anaccess to your computer and probably is collecting the information about the sites you ve visited and the files contained in the folder Temporary Internet Files Attention Ask for help please help Need very important or install the software for deleting secret information about the sites you visited Your computer is full of evidences ISP of transmission Your IP address They know you re using Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT NET Need help please very important CLR Your computer is Windows XP Risk status for further investigation VERY HIGH RISK To protect from the Spyware - click here To prevent information transmission - click here To delete the history of your activity click here i have tried many forums nothing works can someone please tell me what this is and how to get rid of it wont let me access google com msn com no good search browsers so if anyone knows please reply as soon as you can thanks nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

can somone please tell me what the acceptable running temperature of an athlon 64 3000+ socket 939 90nm processor is as soon as possible please mine is currently running at 156 degrees farenhiet acording to the everest program everything in this computer is brand new and teh processor and cooling fan were retail box so it came with heat transfer tape or something on the heat sink already.. is this ok?

Relevancy 33.97%

Hello everyone I need some help and I need to resolve this or I might fail school [Important] help! Please We recently just moved from an apartment to a house and since the move my Gateway M- Realtek PCI and R PCIe Ethernet Network and Realtek USB Wireless LAN Driver built in is [Important] Please help! not connecting to the internet It was working fine when connected to an ethernet cable at the apartment but wireless didn't work but now at the house neither work Cox has came down two times to fix this but nothing I have been playing around with it since the move but [Important] Please help! no luck at all It does not work wirelessly or wired We have two laptops One works and one doesn't Whenever it is wired it connects to an Unidentifed Network but nothing else The network and connection boxes are always blank and say quot Windows cannot find any networks or connections quot Today I played around with the IPv Connectivity and it shows the computer as connected but it will not go online No IE no Firefox and no online games I always get an error like quot Firefox cannot find the file for quot ect IPv Connectivity Internet IPv Connectivity Limited It also says that something called DHCP is not enabled but I don't know how or where to enable that if that would be the solution but many said to me that it is only for wireless networks Please help If you need more information then I will respond and try giving it to you If this doesn't start working then I will be in huge trouble Thank you It is an Bit Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium SP

A:[Important] Please help!

Do you connect to a router or is it a modem supplied by your ISP ?

Not saying I can help but it's information that is needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/220395-important-please-help.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2934

gday are these important and do i need to update them please.
Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2936 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2937 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2938 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2939 Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293C

A:are these important

Yes they are required. Install the CD that came with your motherboard.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/205333-these-important.html
Relevancy 33.97%

The following is Help!!!!!!!!! Very Important Please what I got from hijack this I have many viruses and need help getting them off I am willing to pay money for help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Microsoft Outlook Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MagicTune Premium GammaTray exe C Program Files SEC Natural Color Pro Please Help!!!!!!!!! Very Important NCProTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Outlook Office GROOVE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Please Help!!!!!!!!! Very Important C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME PSUKHO LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http companyweb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MI E Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Outlook Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup GammaTray lnk O - Global Startup NCProTray lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MI E Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MI E Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MI E Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MI E OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-very-important.617492/
Relevancy 33.97%

I always feel sketch with windows updates, i don't know why really?

I feel like it's going to slow down my computer but who knows.

Are these important & should I install them? I'm clearly never using INTERNET EXPLORER so i'm not updating it.

But are these important to update?

A:Important?

Updates, specifically Service Pack 3 , was putting a XP to his knees , but on 7 I never notice degradation of speed from updates, so I guess it will be the same with 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/12314-important.html
Relevancy 33.97%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Mike at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home the one important Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k the important one LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows the important one system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost the important one exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system AERTSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System wscript exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Mike Desktop dds scr C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpSystemStatusCheck exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil c exe mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide mRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun mRun dellsupportcenter quot c program files dell support center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter mPolicies-explorer BindDirectlyToPropertySetStorage x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x DPF E F - B - D - - BD D - hxxp utilities pcpitstop com da PCPitStop CAB DPF F AD- - F E- - D CD F - hxxp srtest-cdn systemrequirementslab com s amazonaws com bin sysreqlabdetect cab DPF FF C-EF E- d -A C- AD - hxxp www srtest com srl bin sysreqlab ind cab DPF A AEA -F E- -AE B- DA C E - hxxps kingsisle hs llnwd net e static themes wizard A activex Wizard GameLauncher CAB DPF AD C - E- D... Read more

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys. This is something that I have found -- so far two LT Winmodems that I have tried fixing for my friends have had the same problem -- they connect at below 12k/s instead of the usual 48k. I don't know why this is important, I just think this is important for someone to know in case they have the same problem, so they know that this seems to be a usual problem with LT Win Modems. I don't know why this happens either. These are actually my neighbors! Weird, huh? I know that some people on this site have told me before that it's probably a lightning problem, but my modem has been fine for the past 2 years, but both of my neighbors have had the same problem with their LT Win Modems, specifically. Does anyone know why this might be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important-for-anyone.95913/
Relevancy 33.97%

HEy GUys I quot m Kinda new Over HEre BUt ThIs problem I HAve Is driving me crazy And I Did All Things That could Be Done Any Way My problem Started With A Malware I Used Avg Anti Spy Ware To Get Rid Of It gt BUt It IS Just can t fix Or Deleted THem Soo After Using A Bunch Of Programs The MAlware Is GOne BUt I Have THis MEssage That Keep coming quot quot system restart is required to finalize the threat removal quot quot it is highly recommended to restart now quot Soo What IS THe Solution for that Thanx for Helping and this highjackthis .. HElp..!!! Important PLz report Logfile of Trend Micro Important .. PLz HElp..!!! HijackThis v Scan saved at amp on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system HBmhly exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C PROGRA FREEDO fdm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe svchost xy O - Hosts aksjd com O - Hosts w og cn O - Hosts qazc fourtw cn O - Hosts www aujoy cn O - Hosts www hao cn O - Hosts www psp cn O - Hosts l net O - Hosts l netn O - Hosts l net O - Hosts l net O - Hosts l com O - Hosts l com O - Hosts l com O - Hosts kao gmwo com O - Hosts kao gmwo com O - Hosts gmwo com O - Hosts ru update us O - Hosts ad update us O - Hosts popmails net O - Hosts goodhh com O - Hosts down rwixr com O - Hosts www xdj com O - Hosts www revtr cn O - Hosts qq ljsll com O - Hosts www aassccwe cn O - Hosts aksjd com O - Hosts aksjd com O - Hosts aksjd com O - Hosts aksjd com O - Hosts user - net O - Hosts www infomt net O - Hosts ata sysions net O - Hosts ata sysions net O - Hosts ata sysions net O - Hosts ata sysions net O - Hosts nnnnn cn O - Hosts www haoaoao cn O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO ThunderAdvise - D D-E F- DF- F - B AD - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files ThunderAdvise dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dll O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run HBmhly quot C WINDOWS system HBmhly exe quot -r O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Uniblue RegistryBooster C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe S O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RU... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important-plz-help.731302/
Relevancy 33.97%

hello i am help Important, please me an ok computer person but i cannot Important, please help me figure out how to fix my computer i looked in the quot pc world quot magazine and it has a clean up guide i did the first step and i misread it and deleted some important files wich i need i will show you what i did in a few screenshots in one picture at the bottom sorry for it being huge in screen shot labeled i Important, please help me unchecked the files i thought not in uninstall i unchecked Important, please help me everything except outlook thinking it would uninstall it and after i did this everything was uninstalled that i didnt check then after restarting my computer i was able to get internet explorer reinstalled thru that same app that was all i could reinstall in number i tried to reinstall everything then after a few sec s an error box came up number saying it cant find a file but when i browsed for it and found it pressed ok and still wouldent work the highlighted red file is an example it also asked to insert the quot windows xp service pack disk quot wich i also did and it still wouldnt work it kept saying the exact same thing for every thing it couldnt find and after it looked for each file and canceled it because it couldent be found it quit out i have done this in safe mode and restored my computer to a month later thinking it would fix it and to my luck no it did not what in the world should i do i need the acesseories and everything it uninstalled my friend has quot windows xp pro quot should i update that to fix it thanks in advance and sorry for this long frantic post nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

This is actually not a technical problem but i still consider it as an important matter.

Does anyone know a program i can download to prevent the kids from visiting offensive websites? I need to have it to prevent the kids from accidentally entering adult sites which eventually will lead them to intentionally entering into those kinds of sites out of curiosity.

Also if you know a program that I can download to "snoop" the websites that have recently been visited. I know that the browser's cache can easily be flushed away so i need a real program that will inform me of the recently visited sites.

Thank you very much.

A:Help pls...(Important.)

NetNanny

CyberSitter

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-pls-important.38032/
Relevancy 33.97%

i am having a really big problem
today i was playing on a game when my connection suddenly reseted itself.

i tryed to connect back and its didnt work, after 2-3 mins its went back to normal and disconnected itself right after its went back to normal. now its keep going off and on, i need help to find out this issue.

i also reseted the router to initial setting but its still do it. help!

Edit: i have the lastest firmware so that cant be the issue.

A:help important!!!

Could you give some details on what hardware you are using? Router make and model, etc.

Also are you using wireless internet or is an ethernet cable connected from the router to the computer?
If you are running a wireless connection, the channel settings can be an issue. If set to "Auto" that can cause the router to change channels to search for the "best" broadcast channel, causing interruptions in the connection.

Oh, by the way you may want to move this into the networking forums for better assistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-important.968771/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok, well yay me i just wnet out and bought the ati radeon 9600 xt i can already tell i have a sweet card, but im already running into problems...First off, im running the doom3 demo and right when i press A to movie forward it all freezes up then i get this message, "VPU recover has reset your graphics accelorator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands" any one know what that means and how i can fix that? and just before my previous restart, it did it in windows! and when this happens, or is about to, all text becomes scribbles and it looks like everything is shaded in white, anywas to solve this problem? please help asap!

A:Help please very important!

Did you try downloading the latest drivers form the website of your graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-very-important.288083/
Relevancy 33.97%

ok this is what happened I switched from FAT to NTFS file system everything was working great and properly how I wanted it but then I decided to defrag my harddrive so I start but then it kept stopping and saying blah blah file cant be moved so I get this bright I dea what If i do it in safe mode so I go in safe mode very HELP,!!! Important and do the same thing Im not sure what percentage it went up to but then then it stopped again and saidi the same thing about not bein able to move some files so I go to all my folders in my C drive and unchecked readonly and did the scan disk again it said the same thing after HELP,!!! very Important a while so ii just said forget it when I restart the computer first the windows loadin bar go by like once or twice then the screen goes black and nothing happens I restart again and try safe but that seems to work perfectly so I restart again this time in using the option quot last working system or watever quot it goes to the windows screen and the loading bar goes by like twice again then the screen starts lookin weird when windows start up the screen has lines goin down it all the way across and the resolution an color is on the lowest i check to see if it seems my video cartd and it does but I cant move the settings and my sound card also doesnt work can someoen help me I can barely see anything on the screen nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

i have a big problem just after i settle the login problem (the user profile service service fail to logon) i lost all my file!!!!!

i follow this webside to settle the problem
Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"
after that i found out i lost all my file.

izzit any way to recover back my file?>???

PLS HELP ME!!!! IS IMPORTANT FOR ME!!!!
THANKS ALOT FIRST TO WHO R READING THIS POST AND HELP ME!!!!

email address removed by Brink (Spammers will get you, use PM instead)

A:need help!!! important!!! PLS HELP ME

Originally Posted by genelwl

i have a big problem just after i settle the login problem (the user profile service service fail to logon) i lost all my file!!!!!

i follow this webside to settle the problem
Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"
after that i found out i lost all my file.

izzit any way to recover back my file?>???

PLS HELP ME!!!! IS IMPORTANT FOR ME!!!!
THANKS ALOT FIRST TO WHO R READING THIS POST AND HELP ME!!!!

Hello genelwl,
Click the link below. read and follow the instructions carefully.

Restore Backup Files

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/151431-need-help-important-pls-help-me.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there I ve been having serious trouble connecting to Internet the last days it began some four or five days ago Sadly I cannot run hijackthis on this computer I just can give you an account of the synptoms is Help important me.. to please, this I am able to see It started disconnecting from the net by itself some days ago then when I tried to connect again it wouldn t let me do it most of the time and the times it would it d be for a very short time before disconnecting again It Help please, this is important to me.. happens again and again and I have to repeat the call process every time It s just a k connection and it seems it has nothing to do with the line I don t have the computer right here so I can t tell exactly but it seems the problem is about a trojan This most probably won t be enough info but as soon as I get some more I will post again however if someone s got any remote idea about the solution please tell me That computer belongs to a very important person to me and for a while we won t be able to talk to each other as long as this doesn t get fixed so it s pretty important to me and its driving me crazy nbsp

A:Help please, this is important to me..

Alright, I got some new info that might make this easier, after a Norton scan it seems a list of viruses was shown, some of them deleted but there was a download trojan, whose file name goes by ieds7c77.exe. Maybe it has something to do with it.

I've been searching about it in google but for no avail.

Hope it helps making this easier.. I really need your help.

I will post any new info I get. Thanks for the attention.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-this-is-important-to-me.329096/
Relevancy 33.97%

My laptop is starting to chip at the bottom of it screen, and the plastic, plus the hinge is starting to break. So, I guess I have to bring it in to be fixed. My little brother, has been using my laptop lately... and let's just say he hit puberty. So now, there are a bunch of illeagle porn cookies on it, right when I am going to bring it in. Stupid brother. I have heard that the people fixing these computers will look at some secret cache to find out what you have been looking at. Now for my question, how can I get a program that will delete those caches. I've seen to many programs that cost over $50. I don't want to have to fix my laptop as it is, which will probably cost $400. So, do you know one? I definately do not feel like rebooting the hardrive. Thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

Just installed a new windows update today, and had to restart my comp. I restarted and my resolution is set to 640 by 480 and im on the lowest color depth and quality. I go to settings and change it back, and the screen goes black like always to change it, and when the screen comes back everything is still the same and it shows my properties still at 640 by 480 and lowest quality. What could be the problem?

A:Gfx help important

use system restore to go back before the update...wait a week or two before trying to get the update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gfx-help-important.479356/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok well here it goes a year or two ago my friends built me a custom gaming pc At first it was fine and then a whole bunch of things went wrong So far I have replaced a CPU fan the entire case graphics card hard drive and motherboard important help, Please So now I m having this problem The smaller problem of the two is that I will press my power button and the fans will turn on and my power supply will light up but nothing happens In order for it to work I need to go to the Please help, important back of the computer where the power supply is and I switch the power supply off and on reallllly quick it then turns on But then I discovered last night that it randomly shuts off It was so wierd i was playing a game for about an hour and then all of a sudden it just totally turned off So I started it back up the ghetto way and tried playing again It turned off again So i went to sleep and tried again this morning I played a game for a little while and it just turned off on me again Here s my concern This case has fans the CPU fan There is no way this is overheating When i was switching cases i looked in my power supply and i realized that there is this white stuff in it it kinda looks like gum So what could this be Could it be my OS I have a trial version of Windows Or could it be my power supply Any help would be great I hope this is the correct forum to be posting in Thanks Chris nbsp

A:Please help, important

When you replaced the CPU fan, did you mess with the CPU heatsink, or remove it from the processor with out cleaning off the old thermal compound and applying new fresh thermal compound? The white stuff in the power supply is normal, don't worry about it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-important.142974/
Relevancy 33.97%

I important very have a Soyo Dragon Plus motherboard an very important AMD Athlon processor a radion graphic card DDR Ram two hard drives one gb the other gb a cd drive a cd burner usb slots parrelports a k modem fire wire LAN a smartcard reader and a v powersupply When ever i try to turn my pc on i get no beeps but you can hear the processor working if you shut off the fans and no signal on my video card I first thought my Video card was bad but after i replaced it i had the same problem the LED light on my mother board comes on and the fans hooked up to the mother board CPU North Bridge come on too Also the LAN connecter lights up and if i plug my usb optical mouse into any usb or even my ps port i have an adaptor it will light up and act as if a signal is being sent and recived so the board is getting power and working If i unplug all of my cards but the graphics card the same problem occures My cd drives won t open but even unplgged i have the same problem so my power supply is also good My old gb hard drive only spins if it is NOT hooked up to IDE but still get power and my gb dosn t seem to spin at all that may be because this is a new system that i have been working on and no OS is installed yet I can t get the singal sent to the CRT from my pc but i no it the monitor works becaues i plugged it into a laptop an it recived a signal and displayed the images I also checked my RAM by plugging it in one stick at a time because some one mentiond to me that they had a soyo dragon that had the same problem but RAM realated I recived no results the video card is bran new and SHOULD work but i still do not recive a beep please reply with any assumption answer or guess I have become desprite to get my new computer up and running thanx nbsp

A:very important

closing duplicate, view this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/t134163/sf80b087fced826754d28fa5a6d547dc2.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-important.134193/
Relevancy 33.97%

its the reason why I searched for a site like this in the first place. It was my first problem and it was solved the same day by emtronics. The Internet Explorer icon on my XP start menu has changed back to the old fashioned 9x colours instead of the retro xp colours. How can I change it back because its not like a normal shortcut and you can't change the icon. Emtronics told me to turn it off then restart or something similar and can't remember exactly. Theres a screenshot below..someone please help!

Relevancy 33.97%

this is very important..this computer is very important for school. my computer will be on, working fine and then the screen will go black..dont know why, and i cant get it to go back, and then after a while, i figured out that if i shut the top, wait for about 10 secs, thenn the screen will be on when i open it, but then like 10 secs, sometimes longer, the screen will go black again and then i will have to repeat the process. what do u think is causing this? thanks

A:Serious Help..please..very important

welcome to ((tsf)) techsupportforum.com

goto the device manager and see if there are any flags

and post the specs u can do this by post the dxdiag text by going

click start type dxdiag and then ull see a green bar wait tel its done
click save info and post

and which vista is it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/serious-help-please-very-important-232874.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello guys. I have an Intel Core i7 930 CPU running at stock settings and with a stock cooler.

Till like a week back, the CPU Temps used to be 35 - 45 idle and 75 - 85 at load. But suddenly, last week they became like 60 - 80 and the load with no application/file open wouldn't go below 10 - 15%. I have 6GB Ram.

Please help. If I play any game that I want to, the load goes up to 60 - 70% and the CPU Temp goes to up till 100.

A:Really Important.

might the dust build up on vents, check see if fan/fans running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/179004-really-important.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have just formatted my computer and then realized that by accident i deleted a whole bunch of pictures without backing them up. Is there any way to recover these files?

A:*Important*

http://www.stellarinfo.com/data-recovery.htm

We have used this. Throw your drive in another computer as a slave, download the trial version, it will let you know if anything can be recovered. If it can, you can buy it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important.141142/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have read so many posts about being unable to boot from a usb to install a version of Windows.
Being unable to "mount" an iso.
Getting partitions wrong.
"Formatting". Whatever that means.

From personal experience there is no "formatting" needed.
No "mounting".
No need to make partitions.

Just download an ISO.
Extract it using 7-Zip to a USB drive.
Click on the setup.exe contained in the ISO.
Wallah--- The OS is installed.
No muss.
No fuss.

I have done this.
It works.

Why make things more complicated than they have to be ?

It just boggles my mind to see people doing un-necessary things when the installing process is so simple.

A:Important

Ok David, now please write a tutorial, so it get's put there for posterity and easy finding. Most people think(myself included till now) that you have to "burn" it to the thumb drive, meaning installing some kind of tool. Thanks for telling us it can be done easier.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/63383-important.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm sorry this is so long but please help this is very important I was trying to intall Rage video game and i kept getting these very Please important help messages Please help very important about DPS I didn't want to deal with it so I turned it off via command prompt but it kept on giving Please help very important me the messages saying that it was still on so I tried restarting my computer My computer didn't restart and the startup repair could not fix the problem or even find what the problem is After trying this multiple times I went to the quot System recovery Options quot menu and decided to just restore it BUT for every restore point it gives me a message saying quot system restore failed due to an unspecified error The parameter is incorrect x quot so I tried using quot windows complete PC Restore quot but it tells me that quot a valid backup location could not be found quot so I choose quot restore a different backup quot and plugged in my old hard drive which I know for a fact has at least one restore point So then I chose to install a driver and went into my hard drive to Recovery ANDREW-PC Backup Set - - Backup Files - - and then it says quot no items match your search If you know how to help with any of this please tell me this is very important

A:Please help very important

Welcome
Maybe this will help

If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD.
Hard Disc Controller must be set to IDE in BIOS and Bios must be set to boot from the CD Boot Priority - Change

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options. Choose an option tht will not cause you to lose your stuff.

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297214-please-help-very-important.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My father brought home his partners laptop home with him and somehow his partner got a virus or something on his computer If you could please take a look at this log before so I could fix this He needs it by tomorrow because it contains emails that are needed I could not run any spyware malware programs because it will not allow for anything to be open Also while I wasnt in safe mode with the computer I checked the processes for wierd looking names Checked the ones I did not Important 11 Before Need Very Please recognize and then googled them I found one that served a problem called WinHound exe EDIT - I reposted a log running windows regularly non-safemode Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running Need Before 11 Please Very Important processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC Need Before 11 Please Very Important Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXEC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exeC WINDOWS Need Before 11 Please Very Important system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files America Online aoltray exeC Program Files Day-Timer Organizer xserv k exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywayO - BHO BTGrabObj Class - -F C- B - EC -AD - C WINDOWS BTGrab dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO RsyncHlpr Class - B D - DE- CE- F -B ECE C D - C WINDOWS System rsyncmon dll file missing O - BHO no name - C AB F-A - e- C - A E A - no file O - BHO Search Relevancy - D E B - CE- B-BE B-A B E - C PROGRA SEARCH SEARCH DLL file missing O - BHO ohb - B C - FA - A - F F- BF - C WINDOWS System trgen dll file missing O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO ohb - A FF- EF- A - - E C B - C WINDOWS system rtneg dll file missing O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar no name - C AB F-A - e- C - A E A - no file O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeO - HKLM Run URLLSTCK exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security UrlLstCk exeO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Fi... Read more

A:Need Before 11 Please Very Important

I see that you are running msconfig in /auto mode which means that you may have selectively removed some items in the past from the startup procedure. This can be bad if they are malware, so we would like you to reenable those startup entries by doing the following:Please click on start, then run, and type msconfig and then press enter. When the window opens click on the startup tab and make sure there are checkmarks in every entry. Then press ok until you are out of the program. If it asks to reboot, do not reboot. Now please create a new Hijackthis Log and post it as a reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37548/need-before-11-please-very-important/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello techguys , system scan progress says I have 6 trojans inmy shared documents 101 trojans in my documents . hard drives : localdisk (c) 346 trojans local disc (d) 142 trojans . it also says threats and actions :
name risk level date files
email-worm.win32.net critical 11.18.08 35
email-worm.win32.myd " " " (this is a vista system)
win 32:delf-xq " " "
please help do not know what this is or what to do . thanks alot techguys you all are great .

This was an online scan but i have tried windows defender quick scan it reported everything was ok now my McAfee scan is in progress.Thanks just trying to give you all updates on the problem .My McAfee reported scan results good of 326658 itmes , no repairs , detected, quarantined ,or removed needed.
MOVED FORUM TO MALWARE REMOVAL AND hjt LOGS . THANKS 1002RICHARDS

Relevancy 33.97%

Has anyone else got a copy of Chessmaster 10th Anniversary Edition? It rocks!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-really-important-but.273960/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
So, currently, Im running Windows 7 ultimate, 32 bit, with 4 GB (only 3.2gb recognized) of ram, a 3.2ghz quad, and an ati 5870.
I use my computer for gaming, recording, recording game videos, and other random miscellaneous stuff.
Im just wonder, how big of a deal is RAM? I know windows 7 ultimate 64 bit supports 192 GB of RAM, if I just go with say, just 12 GB of ram, will I notice a difference in FPS when/without recording, start up times, program launch times, internet browser load times, anything?
What advantage would I have with 12 GB as opposed to 3.2?

Also, is it possible to install a 64 bit W7 over my 32 bit W7 without having to reinstall everything? (like an upgrade?)
And are there any driver problems or compatibility issues with games and graphics card drivers in w7 64bit?

Relevancy 33.97%

does anyone know how to somehow convert a MS Word Document to a MS excel document. Please reply as soon as possible... if I dont get this done my boss with have my throat... thank you!

A:VERY IMPORTANT...please help... cvt doc to xls

save the word Doc as a text (.txt) file and then go to excel and open it by changing the file type to text(.txt).

This will bring up the text import wizard and depending on the layout of it should import. You can also try copy/pasting to Excel, but that doesn't always work good. It's all going to depend on the lay out in Word.

Ziggy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-important-please-help-cvt-doc-to-xls.155197/
Relevancy 33.97%

why does my computer not connect to my modem please help

A:important

Hello and welcome to TSF!

Do you get an error message? Did you attempt to create a new network with Windows? With the Ethernet cable connected, type 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 into the address bar of any browser to access your router. if you're promted with a log-in try using nothing in the spaces, then try admin with no password or admin in both spaces

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-590186.html
Relevancy 33.97%

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4850-2004Jun25.html

I have all of my ActiveX stuff disabled per instructions found on this site, and also I have SpyWareBlaster and SpyWareGuard, but it sounds as if this particular worm is spread by Java Script. Should we disable it until the virus companies and Microsoft work out a patch?

Maybe sticky this?

A:How important to us is this?

hey! i dont think you should worry about it. as long as you have the proper antivirus/firewall software installed and enabled, you shouldn't be affected. just to be on the safe side, you may want to disable it. If you decide to to keep it enabled, make sure you update your virus software regularily, daily if you are that concerned. take care
-jain

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-important-to-us-is-this.242979/
Relevancy 33.97%

I was going through my PC and i was cleaning all the dust and so forth off like i do every month and i put the side panel back on and tried turning it on and everything runs but the monitor wont get the signal so it just leaves me with the blinky green light instead of coming on.........what may b the problem?

thnx for your time reading this

A:Please Help Very Important!!!!

A harshly suggestion (i think) do u using onboard vga? if u dont, get ur manual for ur mobo and read the manual throughtly about jumper, it may be off accidently

Lucan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-very-important.10441/
Relevancy 33.54%

I ve been told that this Combofix exe file will help me to fix some problems Internet Explorer -bit will not work it continues to close saying quot internet explorer has stopped working quot and then it closes 'important' Need problems I with help have every time I think its a virus but I have macfee virus-protection and my computer isn t as fast as it was as when I got it I m told it has to do with Need help with problems I have 'important' expired registry or something The point is I was told that combofix exe would tell fix my problems and tell me were the viruses are and fix the small lags I don Need help with problems I have 'important' t know how to better explain I m here for the file so I can continue I download a lot of files like music wav vmd pmd pictures all for a program I have on my computer called Miku Miku Dance which is a program to make videos with models go to youtube and type in MMD in the search bar you ll see a ton of vids need help ASAP

A:Need help with problems I have 'important'

Run sfc /scannow from an elevated Command Prompt and see if it finds and repairs any damaged system files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357078/need-help-with-problems-i-have-important/
Relevancy 33.54%

hi
why i can't install some drivers for windows 7 x 64 ultimate ( sp44923 - sp45499 - sp45601 ) on my laptop :hp pavilion dv5 - 1199ee ?
please help me

A:important question

Welcome!

What drivers are you referring to? Is something not working right?

You may try running the drivers in compatibility mode for Vista: Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/69786-important-question.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Question? I have a Dell Deminsion 3000 and I want to upgrade my computer with Surround Sound Speakers and a 19" Widescreen Monitor, Do I need to upgrade my sound and video card, i'm getting several different answers?

Relevancy 33.54%

Everytime I first start my computer when I go to the Task Manager I see there are lotsa processes running-- more than them. HELP! of lot a =( ViRUSES.. important... usual I wrote them down - Mqv jpA exe - uim exe - wtstr exe - awso exe - dp-k w exe - Soa O exe - uQoe N exe - PiKQWgdx exe - Dmtc exe There are more than that though They sometimes change everytime I restart The minute I see them I do the quot End Process quot thing But then when there is two left and then I end them another one comes up again-- one ViRUSES.. a lot of them. HELP! important... =( that has already been ended I hafta do this REALLY fast to get them to ViRUSES.. a lot of them. HELP! important... =( stop -x-x-x-x-x- Okies another one is Sometimes rarely when I get on Internet Explorer the homepage is changed It is changed to http default-homepage-network com newspynotice html DO NOT CLiCK THAT LiNK Anyway then about five pop-ups continually pop up When I click outta one it comes back a long time later About thirty seconds later er so One of the pop-ups is a big light-yellow screen about SPYWARE Also these are all either a porn-pop-up er a pop-up about getting rid of spyware -x-x-x-x-x- EDiT OMG I just remembered more For IE there is this Search thing on the right of the Address Bar It resembles the Address Bar but it is small and says quot Enter the search term quot I have never had that there before I went to View Toolbars and unchecked quot Search quot but when I exit IE and get on again it comes back up immediatly Then another one is this thing called quot eBates Moe Money Maker quot It has installed itself onto my computer When I right click on IE or in any window there is an option that says quot Ebates quot Then in my IE on the top called the quot Standard Buttons quot there is a button called quot Ebates quot it has no picture It s blank I went to the Control Panel to fine it and try to uninstall it from my computer When I select it and click quot Add Remove quot it has an alert that says quot Error Could not execute Main The system could not find the file specified quot In the Programs Folder I have went into SafeMode to delete the Ebates folder The folder is not there anymore but I still see all these Ebates stuff HELP EDiT -x-x-x-x-x- All these weird things starting happening ever since I was searching for a song for my LiL brother I clicked on a site and then the pop-ups started coming up Now this has all happened I did delete one of the viruses already It was a quot Lycos quot virus that downloaded itself into my PROGRAMS folder PLEASE HELP This is very important because it has affected my computer so quickly My computer has gone slower than usual Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Speaking from your experience with x64 OS and various programs, does it make a noticeable difference when it's running in 32bit mode or if it's running native?

It can be any kind of programs, instant messaging, playing games, firewalls, browsers... etc etc..

Oh I want to ask a specific question, Should I go with 32bit mode firefox, or minefield? Is the 64bit optimization worth it to deal with a beta program? or would 32bit mode firefox just be easier to use.

A:How important is x64 optimization?

Honestly, *YES*.

The majority of it is optimized code - Firefox is a great example (although I don't use it myself because of lack of Flash for 64bit browsers currently) - get a 64bit version at Mozilla for Windows x64 platform and see the difference - or just read some of the info there.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/176071-how-important-x64-optimization.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am trying to update those drivers above, and every time I try to update them through the device manager, it tells me: "Windows could not find driver software for your device"

I am not sure what they are either. I know the LG CDMA one is for my phone, but the others I don't have a clue and they look like they should be important.

Hopefully someone can help me out .

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 QL-62
Motherboard: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
Memory: 2GB DDR2

Umm Any more information that you need I will get. That's just the basics.

A:Important Drivers Help

Welcome
We have this tutorial for both Seven and Vista
Device Manager - Install Driver
If that does not help, go to the driver click on it and get the manufacturer name. Go to the website and download from there.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/292338-important-drivers-help.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I see that amd is dramatically lowering prices on their 512 kb l2 cache x2's come the end of july, now im wondering the difference between the 4600+ and 4800+ snice its almost an extra $300 is it worth it for the extra cache
all i will be doing on it is alot of gamming and online stuff
thanks

A:Just how important is L2 cache

Read this....

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/cache.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-how-important-is-l2-cache.52338/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I have a 9800GTX card with the lastest 191.22 driver and 3.5GB of Ram. But my duo core CPU, AMD Athlon X2 3800 is only running at 2.01GHz. I expected my computer to run faster in games and websurfing after i installed the 9800 card and 3.5Gb of ram. But the results i get isn't that spectacular. So, does it mean CPU is the most importnat component and i shoul've upgrade my CPU instead?

Relevancy 33.54%

I'm sorry if I put this thread in the wrong section I was doing my Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scan After it was completed it shows that I got a Malware Trace which was the Secushr dat It is located in C Is Secushr.dat important? Windows System secushr dat As it was in the system folder I wanted to ask if the Secushr dat is important This is what I got from the Malwarebytes' log Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Malwarebytes Database version Windows Internet Explorer AM mbam-log- - - - Is Secushr.dat important? - txt Scan type Full scan C Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected Is Secushr.dat important? No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected C Windows System secushr dat Malware Trace - gt No action taken

A:Is Secushr.dat important?

Suggest you scan it with Virus Total

VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

On VT> Upload a file tab> Choose> Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\secushr.dat> Send file

Lets see what all the AV vendors say. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117352-secushr-dat-important.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi My PC has been running a bit slow lately so I decided to try and delete some unnecessary files A friend recommended and sent me a program called 'eraser' which supposedly deletes unneccessary files the hard drive otherwise can't reach I also used speedisk to do a defrag and used disk cleanup to get rid of some of the built up junk After I used 'eraser' I noticed some problems with my PC - A Now all websites I view are all in the same font a font that previously wasn't used Mozilla Firefox browser B Every time I open a word application Microsoft Word of Lotus Word Pro I get an error message and something help Deleted need important, the application has to shut down Deleted something important, need help C All over the place words are simply not showing up on the screen I open Nero and the directories have invisible file names I open ZoneAlarm's main menu and all I can see is the background but no words I've obviously deleted something important just wondering if anyone had any ideas what to do and if anyone's seen this type of thing before Zonealarm menu now - Any help will be appreciated

A:Deleted something important, need help

I have now performed a system restore and everything has gone back to normal.
Does this system restore mean that I have to defrag my hard drive again?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/deleted-something-important-need-help-60558.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hijack this has been updated from v1.97 to v1.98. This has enabled HJT to see many of the newer varients that it could not see, and to repair damage from those newer varients.

If your HJT log says 1.97, please use the link below to get v1.98:

http://tools.zerosrealm.com/hjt.zip

If you do not have a "zip" program, here is a link to a good (and free) one that you can use:

http://www.sofotex.com/FreeZip-download_L594.html

A:Important! Hijack This!

Belatedly, the newest version is 1.98.2. It both sees and fixes more!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/important-hijack-this-10300.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I want to know is and it is why CAS Latency what important? why cas latency is important what is CAS Latency and why is it important? when buying memory - particularly to match a stick already in a machine a friend has an old PC Ghz k Celeron and Mb mhz of RAM - XP and its falling to bits hehe - ive removed the RAM and put in an old Mb Mhz stick I had lying around - seems a little nippier - however i would like to know if its important for me to match the sticks CAS latency aswell - i ask cos i seen someone else asking the ebay seller what its cas latency is when my friend comes back off holiday tomorrow im just going to suggest building a whole new PC - its not viable to keep buying old expensive parts for this ancient PC and its noisey as hell - its second time ive had it - over years ago I had to put new motherboard and PSU in yep its an emachines hehe - but due to old CPU RAM I had to stick with old skt mobo - you know the rest but just for now incase he says he cant afford a new PC built - whats the importance of CAS latency here is screenshot of CPU-Z nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-cas-latency-and-why-is-it-important.832783/
Relevancy 33.54%

I've just loaded Win 7 on a new machine with the OS on an Intel X-25 SSD and two other Sammsung T1's for storage. I didn't know to activate the AHCI capability when I did the install. Intel support is telling me that the only way now to get AHCI is to reinstall the OS after selecting AHCI in BIOS. How valuable or important is it to have the AHCI capability? Is this only for the SSD, or will it also work with the rotating hard drives. Thanks for your thoughts!

A:How important is AHCI?

For optimal SSD performance, future firmware updates etc - it is important.

However Intel is incorrect about re-installation - AHCI can be enabled after the OS has already been installed in a different mode:

AHCI : Enable in Windows 7 / Vista

Your other drives will still function normally as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/125186-how-important-ahci.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Please, please help!

I got infected with System Tool and it isn't letting my use antimalwarebytes, hitman pro, system restore, or install anything new.

PLEASE, I'm in tears here, I don't know what happened, I'm shaking I JUST NEED HELP!!! If my mom finds out she'll think I've been going on porn websites but I haven't, I'm a good girl! Please, I know this is rambly, but I've never been so panicked in my life!!!

A:PLEASE HELP SUPER IMPORTANT

Please have a read here: How do I remove System Tool?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385288/please-help-super-important/
Relevancy 33.54%

At first sorry for my bad English I'm from Israel...

Always when i finished to download my download were appeared to errors...

Here:

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/6783/erro2ou2.png

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorgg7.png

please help i dont know what to do... i cant download anything!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-important-errors.568610/
Relevancy 33.54%

why my laptop ( hp pavilion dv5- 1199ee ) takes a very long time to enter to windows7 x 64 ultimate when switch on , and sometimes black screen shows after writing my password before enter to windows 7 x64 ultimate then i can't to enter to windows
please help me

A:very important question

Quote: Originally Posted by yasser

why my laptop ( hp pavilion dv5- 1199ee ) takes a very long time to enter to windows7 x 64 ultimate when switch on , and sometimes black screen shows after writing my password before enter to windows 7 x64 ultimate then i can't to enter to windows
please help me

See this tutorial:

Advanced Boot Options
Do the part that turns on Boot Logging.

Then after you boot your system, read the log.
You will likely see the system waiting for device drivers or other things to load.
Sometimes if you uninstall something like Norton AV, it doesn't remove the stuff from the registry and the machine sits waiting for a driver or other software to load, that no longer exists on the system.

It should give some clue. Post the log when you get it(make sure it doesn't have any text with your real name or any of that before posting.)

edit: btw if you did uninstall a Norton or Nero software, you need to download a removal or cleanup tool to get everything off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/69783-very-important-question.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have this laptop Important Hijack Please This at my work and I need to get it fixed but im not sure if there are any security problems that need to be fixed Could somone please look over this log and tell me if there is anything I can do to get it running better Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved Important Hijack This Please at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin Important Hijack This Please AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe c program files mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe c program files mcafee com shared mghtml exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system TCtrlIOHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Accessibility FnKeyHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C WINDOWS system ZoomingHook exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP ToolBoxFX bin HPTLBXFX exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA WALGRE WALGRE data Xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Larry Application Data U FDB LaunchPad exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Fix HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Metamail IEPlugin - C C -FD - D -A - AC F - C PROGRA METAMA METAMA IEPlugIn dll O - Toolbar M... Read more

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everyone The day before yesterday i was on limewire searching for a music video and surprisingly they had it I clicked on it and in less than a minute it finished downloading instinctly i clicked on it and windows media player popped up it however did not play so i just gave up and quit out of windows media player i then went on ie and checked my email and these pop-ups started appearing on my screen all of the sites that popped up were of places ive never been to before one of the pop-ups was about a game named bitefight i have never heard of this before the pop-ups arent offensive just irritating i ignored them but after awhile windows security alerts say that there is a harmful threat that they located on my computer i absentmindedly closed out of it only noticing something about trojan i then used spyware terminator to scan for harmful files on my computer and strangely it did not detect anything i then used vundofix and it did not detect anything either i am still getting many pop-ups and it is not normal they are getting more and more frequent and i dont know what to do please help me Clarissa nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-pop-ups-important.723894/
Relevancy 33.54%

i need a link so i can download a driver that will allow my computer's SD card plug to read a SDHC card. I am running Windows XP SP3

A:Sdhc! Important

Is there a problem in Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sdhc-important.995561/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just installed

KB2933809

&

KB2957390

They fixed my Lock screen pictures issues & my Start screen pictures issues & enabled some old programs to function again.

Just thought I would pass the information along.

Check Windows Update & see if they are available to you.
They may not be available for all systems.

EDIT-- They fixed my ability to add pictures from my computer to the Forum.

A:2 New important updates

I see KB2933809 in my update history, 4/8/2014. I'm pretty sure it came after update 1. I don't see KB2957390 listed though. Can't say as I had any of the problems you mentioned. If I did I didn't notice it. I auto log in and boot right to desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44212-2-new-important-updates.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am uninstalling Lavasoft Anti-Spyware. Which is the best free version: " Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware " or "Super Anti-Spyware"? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a very good kind hearted group. Many thanks & God Bless you all.

A:Important Question To Me?

I personnally use the last 2 and think that is fine, They don't need much resources and are very effective. Note I have the free versions. They compliment each other and your antivirus very well as no one tool will get everything.
BTW I edited your title.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200704/important-question-to-me/
Relevancy 33.54%

The pc is still on with the green light,but the monitor is like Monitor going to sleep and closes 5 seconds later >.<

A:this is very important help quickly

What's the brand and model of the computer ? If it's a custom build then what are your complete system specs ? Check the posting system specs link in my sig and include the brand, model and wattage of the power supply.

If it's a desktop open the computer case and clean all the dust you see with a can of compressed air, focus on the fans (cpu, video card, power supply) and heatsinks.

Check that the video card is hooked properly in its slot. Check the monitor cables.

Try another monitor.

Try another video card and/or power supply (make sure the psu matches the video card's power requirements).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/this-is-very-important-help-quickly-319963.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Downloaded to my machine without my knowledgelooked on MS seems to me it's a step to windows 10. Would it hurt to delete it. seems to slow shutdown.

A:KB2758694 is it important

It showed up under programs not windows updates.MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser KB2758694.message edited by randoh

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/kb2758694-is-it-important/19563.html
Relevancy 33.54%

PLEASE ANSWER ME !!!! I need an approximate answer for importance!! How much it takes to copy a 1 gb of files from USB flash memory to a PC with these spec:
1.8 GHZ of CPU speed.
128 MB of RAM.

Relevancy 33.54%

I am an A-Level Student who has been to busy to keep back ups (STUPID OF ME I KNOW) My laptop has a nasty virus and it will no longer loads up.

It appears saying that it can't load because this file is missing or corupted

Windows/System32/Config/setup

----

I have put in the original support disc and loaded that Restoring the start up files or the system files doesn't work, the only option is a full restore, however i can't loose my work!

Does anyone know any solutions?

Relevancy 33.54%

This topic is to give some inside information that needs to be known First bit of information i would like to share is this HiJack This is not a tool to help clean your system of infections It is a tool that can known be Information needs to Important that help detect infections and remove the entries to prevent the infection from starting up but it doesnt remove Important Information that needs to be known the infection from the system completely you must use other tools like Combofix or Malwarebytes Antimalware MBAM to remove such infections completely The last piece of information that i would like to share is this There is no replacing a real anti-virus product with these tools All of them rely on what is known as definitions These definitions are what they use to determine if a item is malicious or not These definitions are updated at different times depending on their developer If a new Day Zero Day infection is discovered it will take time for any developer to update their definitions and push them out to users Which means that if your using any product you run the risk of getting an infection This is not to scare you or deter you from doing normal activities But it is the cold hard truth of using any OS and going on the internet So use a proper AV product and scan your system from time to time to check for infections That is the best course of action you can take The only real solution to not getting infected is to stay off the internet Again just a cold hard fact But with the proper tools and a good use of common sense you can stay protected and not get infected

A:Important Information that needs to be known

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mak213

There is no replacing a real anti-virus product with these tools. All of them rely on what is known as definitions. These definitions are what they use to determine if a item is malicious or not. These definitions are updated at different times depending on their developer. If a new 0Day (Zero Day) infection is discovered, it will take time for any developer to update their definitions and push them out to users. Which means that if your using any product you run the risk of getting an infection.
ood use of common sense you can stay protected and not get infected.

Thanks for all the info... anti-virus really is necessary along with the rest of your suggestions. but what type of anti-virus software can you recommend? I read an article awhile back claiming the major anti-virus software was only around 50% effective. (I didn't save the link to this article, sorry...) Do you think that's true?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/important-information-needs-known-238616/
Relevancy 33.54%

Sooner or later most new users find themselves up a creek without a paddle, they've never bothered to read their manual or help files on doing a system restore, some didn't get restore disks, some lose them or throw them away. On some computers you have to burn your own. Since most factory computer restores wipe the hard drive, all data is lost.Are you prepared for the "worst case" scenario?

A:The Most Important Guide Of All?

At work, most customers who have lost data are eager to protect their systems in the future.

But how long will this last? That's the benefit of automated backup solutions - but then who'll check them to make sure they're working?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135199/the-most-important-guide-of-all/
Relevancy 33.54%

Okay, here's a hypothetical situation:

Let's say a guy needs to cut himself off from a specific website. It's gravely important that he completely forbid this website without giving him a way of changing the settings so that he can. He's going cold turkey.

And let's suppose that he already installed K9 Web Protection but it's not working completely. He's been checking this site occasionally to make sure that he's cut off (yes, paranoid) and occasionally he's getting through. This has made him very scared, because he's starting to worry that he's unable to cut himself off.

Would TechSpot be able to help him find alternative solutions? He's done much research but unfortunately most of the common solutions (editing host files, et al) can easily be undone when he gets the urge to visit the site.

A:Web filter (important)

Wait to see if others have a better idea, but a simple google search found these
http://www.pcworld.com/article/249077/how_to_block_websites.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-filter-important.188706/

http://www.wikihow.com/Block-a-Website-in-All-Web-Browsers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-filter-important.188706/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey guys i was just wondering Whether a PCI-e 6800 GT could beat the AGP 8x's 6800 GT.......i mean are Pci-e really that important and Agp fading ...cause i persoanlly think PCI-e is pretty useless without SLI..

A:Pci-e ...is it really important compared to AGP

Hello

CHeck this THREAD
It brings up some good points...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-e-is-it-really-important-compared-to-agp.30833/
Relevancy 33.54%

I need fast solution of my problem.I don't download anything but my c: is full.I tried to free some space by DISK CLEANUP but it doesn't work.Today i had some strange cpu usage history.it was 100 % when just msn was opened and nothing working but it seemed as my comp was doing something.Sometimes i see some strange things.I mean that when I am working i have the feeling that on the background some windows are being closed or opened.
I have a program that helped me clean the comp.it was something like One click maintenance but i don't have it anymore.Please help me.I think i had the same problem before and my friend told me that the temporary files went to a wrong folder and he cleaned them.When he finished about 1 GB was free.
Please help meeeeee

A:Important problem

and there is something new! I searched for a folder local settings but there is no such a folder?Is this normal?and i have a new folder Temp in C: but it is always empty???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/important-problem-165768.html
Relevancy 33.54%

What's the difference between XP home and XP pro? Which is better? Does 1 have an advantage over the other? Does both use the same programs? ...Help me Decide!

A:A little difference is IMPORTANT!

Another question..Does my license key for XP home work with XP PRO?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-little-difference-is-important-171788.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Windows 10 is came in this year—and it brings some truly surprising changes with it, along with expected tweaks to relieve Windows 8 sufferers and lure more holdouts from prior versions. The OS is currently available as a preview, so it will continue to evolve in the coming months. Here are the highlights, plus links to more detailed coverage.
<advertising not allowed>

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19987004
Relevancy 33.54%

Without my knowledge my brother lent out my windows xp recovery disk to a friend, now I need to do a complete system restore and reload my xp. Since he lent this out and used my product key for his friend when I restore my xp am I going to be able to use my product key since it is being used on another computer? Just wondering if I am going to have to go out and buy windows xp AGAIN.... If anyone knows please let me know.. Im irritated and frustrated and I dont want to be out any money when I shouldnt have to be.

Relevancy 33.54%

My mouse and keyboard are both USB connected to a dell computer but they wont work. I was told to uninstall my USB drivers and then reboot to make them read again. After uninstalling mouse/keyboard (big mistake I didn't know I was uninstalling them) I had to turn off the computer manually because the mouse/keyboard would not work.

Now I can't use my mouse or keyboard so I can't log in or reinstall them or anything! I have tried to reboot and then plug the mouse and keyboard in ect. but I can't log in I'm stuck at the user page.

I'm running windows xp on a dell that can only have s usb keyboard/mouse so this is a huge problem! Any help please asap!

A:Important! USB problem

Please help this is very important!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important-usb-problem.634320/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have be given a EX-coworkers Laptop. Running XP Professional. In the systems properties/under the general tab it has Registered to: EX coworkers name. My boss ask me to change it to the company name. Can this be done. Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 33.54%

I am looking at buying some new RAM for my computer, and am a bit confused by the CAS latency number and the timing numbers.

Is CAS latency really that important? What is a good number? Is 4 or 5 really that bad?

Also, what does the timing tell you and what is a good rating?

Thanks!

A:Is CAS latency really that important?

The only times that CAS Latency and Timing will be important to you is if you are a hard core overclocker and even then it has risks like overheating and an unstable computer.

I think all computers on the market these days will auto detect the latency and timing of RAM and set it for you. Some BIOS systems will not allow you to alter these settings so unless you really want to push the envelope I would leave it alone and look at something like a faster hard drive (SCSI is still the undisputed speed champ) or a faster video card.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-cas-latency-really-that-important.578715/
Relevancy 33.54%

hello ...
well am having an error in my windows Xp SP2 every time i format my computer cuz of this error. a msg appears telling me that AKTD.EXE has incured an error. its found in the windows directory. its hidden i tried to delete it but it appears again when i restart the PC. i Need to know wht is this error and how could i fix it. please help as soons as posible.. thanks for ur help..

A:Important to read

hmm- I see not much info to be found on that program, - do you have adaware/spybot tools in your computer?.... if not get them from my links below and run them... use tutorial links if need be. Then tell us what happens and also try removing that file while in safemode. But please tell us if alot of bad stuff found by those tools so maybe we can assist you if that's the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important-to-read.391798/
Relevancy 33.54%

MICROSOFT is releasing the SP3 for Windows XP in NOV. of 07 - dates may vary...
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1911826,00.asp