Windows Support Forum

Error code 1000-0148 CD-ROM drive (Dell Latitude D520)

Q: Error code 1000-0148 CD-ROM drive (Dell Latitude D520)

my laptop is a dell latitude/D520 PP17L
IT SHOWS UP ERROR CODE 1000-0148 UNIT 2 OPTICAL DRIVE BISTOPU TEST FAILD.thats all it says and i'm running windows 7 please can anyone help on what to do .also it plays dvds but no other discs i looked on dell site for code and it says take drive out then put back in and it shuld work but would like help from here before i touch it as this site and the people here have always been 100% spot on .. thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Error code 1000-0148 CD-ROM drive (Dell Latitude D520)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Error code 1000-0148 CD-ROM drive (Dell Latitude D520)

wow no one can help ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-1000-0148-cd-rom-drive-dell-latitude-d520.173060/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a Dell Latitude D520 Laptop and am having problems with the display... I am running Windows XP SP3. When I switch the Laptop on all starts fine and all the Icons appear as they should. However, after approx 5 mins the Display goes off and no matter what I do I can't get it to come back on. After Restart the same thing happens. I don't think this is a Software Issue as it all starts as it should and the problem persists after I've tried re installing Windows onto it. When the screen Dims it is still possible to see everything very dimly in the background.

Any help would be greatly appreciated????

A:Dell Latitude D520 HELP!!!!

Is the power adapter attached when this happens? Laptops by default dim after 5 minutes of inactivity when the power adapter is not attached to save power but it should come back on by either pressing the power button once, or tapping the Enter key. Is the battery being recharged when the power adapter is attached? You can try this without the battery in, and just using the Power Adapter to test if the battery is the problem.
You can adjust the power settings by right clicking a blank space on the desktop/Properties/Screen Save/Power. You can change the time and what the power button does. (ex) pressing power button once to wake from sleep etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d520-help-639066.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello my friends need help I have a dell latitude d520 blocks could help me find a clue I'm in this for months and find nothing I would appreciate your help

excuse my English

A:Dell Latitude d520

What is wrong with your Dell D520??? Does it lock up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d520.169155/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have no audio through the laptop but when I hook up earphones its fine. I have installed, updated, rolled back, deleted, and reinstalled drivers any idea's ?

A:Dell Latitude D520

If your headphones are working, it's more than likely the speakers and not a driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145888/dell-latitude-d520/
Relevancy 97.18%

I'm thinking about putting Windows 7 on a Dell Latitude D520. I find no drivers offered from Dell for Windows 7, only XP and Vista.

Has anyone here ever done Windows 7 on a Dell Latitude D520?

A:Windows 7 on Dell Latitude D520--anyone done it?

W7 should have all the drivers for that model, you can check device manager after W7 is installed to be sure. Most Vista drivers will work in W7 in case you need them.

Run the W7 upggrade advisor to check for potential problems.
https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-on-dell-latitude-d520-anyone-done-it.887249/
Relevancy 97.18%

i got dell latitude d520 has nyone ever tryed it with dst yet?if so let me know thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d520-works-with-dst.70354/
Relevancy 95.89%

I am not able to get pass the blue screen that tells me to enter my password. Service Tag number 5HCKHD1. Someone please help me.

A:Dell Latitude D520 Password bypass

I Need Help Too.i Dont Know Who Has A Code Generator For Dell D620

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d520-password-bypass.92672/
Relevancy 95.89%

Dell Latitude D Model Number PP L At present the hard disk is blank D520 Dell Latitude problem Video and I am working strictly in the BIOS When I got this laptop I Dell Latitude D520 Video problem was told its screen didn t work and the user had been using an external monitor for several months It took me quite some aggravation to realize I had to have its lid fully closed in order to activate the external monitor Here are the things I would like to know about Is there a way to activate the external monitor with the lid open so I can use the laptop s keyboard At present the external monitor goes blank instantly on lifting the laptop s screen lid Dell Latitude D520 Video problem The only settings I can find in the BIOS concerning video are Brightness on Battery Brightness on AC LCD Expansion Dell Latitude D520 Video problem LCD Expansion has to do with whether the image is displayed with a wide black border or the image is edge-to-edge There are no other menu items in the BIOS that could even be remotely interpreted as affecting video The laptop s LCD panel does flash something for about a quarter of a second on the screen during POST when the external monitor is not connected My guess is the LCD s power inverter is bad What other possibilities are there nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D520 Video problem

There should be a Key combo for switching to external...I think it is <FN-F8>
Have you tried tapping F8 immediately on startup for safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d520-video-problem.841356/
Relevancy 95.89%

According to CPU-Z, the chipeset is i945GM and Southbridge is 82801GHM

Its x64 laptop

I've researched that the i945GM chipeset can support 4GB RAM.

The laptop however has only 1 sodimm slot in which I've fitted a 2GB dimm.

When booted System reports 2.5GB of memory, CPU-Z reports 512mb in once slot and 2gb in the other slot.

I presume the slot with the 512mb of ram is actually on-board and can't be changed ?

Why build a x64 laptop where you can only use 2.5GB ram ?

A:RAM capacity for Dell Latitude D520 (PP17L)

If your Dell Latitude D520 laptop has an Intel 945GM chipset, it supports up to 4 GB(2 GB X 2) of RAM.
It has a module bay on the bottom of the case and a module bay underneath the keyboard.
It's my guess the module bay underneath the keyboard has a 512 MB module.
It can be replaced with a 2 GB module.

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-capacity-for-dell-latitude-d520-pp17l.1158912/
Relevancy 95.89%

McAfee has seemingly removed itself Keep getting a popup message from taskbar saying low disk space despite running disk cleanup and removing programs Windows Audio Service wont start on its own despite being on auto so every startup I have to start the windows audio service and I just shouldnt have to do that I didnt have to before My network connection signal drops constantly and when Latitude DELL is nagging faults having D520 My it does Im not able to repair it I get a message problem registering with DNS Although this problem isnt as significant as the others my theme My DELL Latitude D520 is having nagging faults persistently changes to windows classic and then it instantly changes back to normal for some strange reason Now when your computer is having these problems you come to think running System Restore would fix them But when Im clicking on System Restore this message pops up and reads System My DELL Latitude D520 is having nagging faults Restore is not able to protect your computer Please restart your computer and then run System restore again After restarting my computer the message still proceeds So after that Im thinking maybe it's not enabled Then My DELL Latitude D520 is having nagging faults I go to Services and scroll down to System Restore and the service is stopped ad when I attempt to start it a message comes up could not start the System Restore service on local computer Error the process terminated unexpectedly At this point I dont know what to do I am thinking about reformatting my hard drive but Im unsure of what will happen Im afraid of losing all of my files and Im not sure if it will uninstall Windows Because if it does I would have to go all out and get another XP CD to reinstall it So I just need someone anyone to provide for me the best solution Please Thanks in advance

A:My DELL Latitude D520 is having nagging faults

and welcome to the Forum

The first thing I would do is to backup any data you cherish to cd or external drive.

It sounds like you need help with cleaning out malware, please follow the instructions here, and post the logs in a new thread in the malware removal section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-dell-latitude-d520-is-having-nagging-faults-490084.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I don't know if this laptop has a bad inverter, a bad CCFL or some other problem; but, I have diagnosed far enough to tell the picture is on the screen by shining a flashlight onto it. The video controller also does well with an external monitor. So, I want to "shotgun" the problem and just replace the whole display.

I know I can do a simple search on ebay and find all of two buy-it-now displays for a Dell Latitude D520; but, I would like to broaden the scope of displays that will work on this laptop. I know the D520 does not have a totally unique display. In other words, this same display was probably used on many laptop models. Problem is I don't know which ones.

I would like to find a reference that would help.

Relevancy 95.89%

I have a Dell Latitude D with WinXP D520 Latitude Wont Dell Boot - I recently acquired a docking station and so i docked my laptop on it Now my laptop boots to the XP logo scrolls for a while sits with a black screen lit for Dell Latitude D520 - Wont Boot a while then the screen goes dark and the system reboots I ve tried taking the drive out and doing a chkdsk and i ve tried recover console to fix the boot but its still doing it I had a couple of ideas I wanted to bounce off people before i went crazy with registry editing First i tried to identify the order in which things are failing The last thing to load before it hangs is cdfs sys which tells me that its in the quot file system quot service group when it fails Trying to get it to log the boot to another device fails because it Dell Latitude D520 - Wont Boot cant even mount a file system by the time it goes splat What im reading suggests that i ve corrupted my hardware profiles by connecting the dock My question is that if i delete all the hardware profiles from the registry will that completely fubar any chances i have or will that just make the system rebuild them from scratch Thanks for your input nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Hello all! My Dell Latitude D520 won't boot. It shows the the bios screen then repeats itself. I have not made any changes to software/hardware and I was using it 3 days before. Please help!

Relevancy 95.03%

Dell Latitude D Laptop keyboard repair is one of the more common jobs performed on laptops it s also one of the easier repairs to carry out providing the following hasn t happened A spill of anything but water on a keyboard will times out of leave you in a situation that involves replacing the keyboard all together Keyboards are manufactured in such a way that leaves little to no room to Laptop D520 Latitude Dell Keyboard Repair clean out messy spills Basically any liquid containing sugar soft drinks beer wine coffee or tea are bad news A couple of laptop keyboard repair do s and don ts in the event of a spill DON T panic Panic makes us do stupid things think before you react DON T use a hairdryer to dry out a spill melted keys are hard to type with DON T tilt the machine upside down or on its side if you do feel the need it s better to tilt it Dell Latitude D520 Laptop Keyboard Repair to the side that houses the CDROM as the CDROM area inside the machine has less components on it than the mainboard DO switch the machine off immediately and resist switching it back on until you re certain the spill has dried Survey the damage after you ve dried it out At this point you could remove the keyboard and try the machine using an external keyboard to see if anything else has been affected The ribbon cable can also be located on the front edge of the keyboard depending on the age and model of the laptop you have Note the keyboard holder thin strip of plastic that sits on the top edge of the laptop keyboard needs to be removed to get access to the screws holding the keyboard down Traditionally a spill will kill a keyboard or at best at least some function will be lost I have only ever been successful with a laptop keyboard repair that involved a water spill anything else normally results in a tragic loss and putting your old faithful keyboard to rest nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D520 Laptop Keyboard Repair

i once spilt a glass of baileys onto th keyboard of an inspiron 1300, i took the KB off and soaked it in hot soapy water then rinsed it out and left it to dry, worked fine when it was put back on....

I often scrub dirty keyboards in a bath of hot soapy water and leave to dry, makes em nice and clean and they always work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d520-laptop-keyboard-repair.128521/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello I have this odd problem in my Dell Latitude D core duo where one of work D520 memory slot Dell doesn't Latitude the memory slots isn t working anymore Just yesterday the Laptop would not startup but lights on the front panel came on Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work so I suspected a memory issue The D has a slot underneath the keyboard for memory as well as underneath the laptop When ever I put memory in the slot under the keyboard it won t startup I tried various memory known to work I even took the memory from underneath the laptop and placed it under the keyboard because it worked underneath But once I placed the memory in the slots under the keyboard it would not startup I would just get three green lights next to the power key Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work One stayed the other blinked they all eventually stopped entirely Once I removed the memory it would start up I Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work tried cleaning the memory slot with an air can I ve never encountered this before For now I just run with gig memory stick underneath the laptop It works fine I am assuming a motherboard issue Any suggestion greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work

Sure sounds like the socket is bad, or the memory controller. You may have to live with a single DIMM in the bottom slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d520-memory-slot-doesnt-work.1103329/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have a dell 5150 inspiron running windows xp. When it starts up it goes through the windows boot then a black screen then a blue screen and then back to boot up. In the PSA I get an error code 1000-0321. ..cannot find lcd display. THE hardware is good because I can boot from an older backup hard drive. any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it?

A:DEll Error Code 1000-0321

Go here and chat with a Dell tech. Believe or not most of the Dell techs I have spoken to have done a good job. They should help you narrow it down at least.
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=19&l=en&s=dhs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-error-code-1000-0321-a-512641.html
Relevancy 89.44%

My Dell D600 runs well after a fresh XP pro install BUT it will not go into standby or hibernate without freezing. I ran F12 and got an error code "failed DST short test" 1000-0146. Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 88.15%

I read through some threads with similar problems...I'm trying to boot up someway without losing all the data on my hard drive. I'm in the recovery console, ran fixboot, and it's asking me if I want to write a new bootsector to the partition C:? Will this wipe out my data? If yes, what are my other options? I can reload Windows from my reinstallation CD, but I don't want to wipe out my data.

Relevancy 84.71%

Can anyone help with this issue? I assume I need a new Hardrive.
Any help much appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982934
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,
I am facing issues on my Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. Everyday it crashes with blue screen 4-5 times a day. Common symptoms are, when I move from wired network to wireless (wireless does not work and system hangs and eventually crashes), or when it is in a sleep mode. Sometimes, without switching to wireless also hangs and crashes. The blue screen says something like DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and code 9f etc. I updated the Ethernet and wireless drivers too, but it didn't help.

Specs
It has Windows 7
- x64
- OEM version of windows 7 Ultimate is installed from Dell
- Age of system (hardware) is ~2 years. I got it now from my office IT.
I am attaching the zip file containing perfmon html report and files from Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.

Will appreciate if you can help, what is going on and what needs to be uninstalled or upgraded.

Thanks
Amit

A:BSOD on Dell Latitude E6400 4 times day Error code 9f

Hi and welcome to SF
Please in this order,
Remove Mcafee from your system (for testing purposes,because Mcafee is a bsod source).
Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials with windows firewall enable.
Update software\driver for Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN Client.
Cisco Systems, Inc
The driver in your system is old from 2005 is no way to be compatible with Windows 7.
Update software\driver for Ricoh Memory Card Reader.
Home | Ricoh Global
Update software\driver for Conexant SoftK56 Modem.
Conexant: Support

Finish with the above steps and post back with results\news.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219647-bsod-dell-latitude-e6400-4-times-day-error-code-9f.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi Two days ago my speakers and headset were working fine no problems dead speakers D520 HELP! Latitude at all Yesterday the mic on my headset stopped working but this could be that the headset is broken Today my speakers aren t working-they re the built in tinny ones I have been through countless troubleshooting quizzes which involved reinstalling drivers running tons of diagnostic stuff turning it off and on again and making sure that the volume is turned up None of the usual system sounds work sticky keys pressing every button down at once but during one of the diagnostics a sound came out it was one which bypassed the sound card The sound works perfectly with headphones I ve been to the device manager and there are no problems listed there I m guessing this is something to do with Latitude D520 dead speakers HELP! speaker soundcard communication Apart from this being a total pain if the laptop isn t fixed by the time I finish my college course then I don t get to keep it Thanks nbsp

A:Latitude D520 dead speakers HELP!

I had a similar problem with my Latitude C610.

The only way I found to get my audio working again was to go to device manager, find my audio device (Intel .... AC'97 Audio Controller) and reinstall the driver. It seemed to only work with the driver I got off of the internet which was not digitally signed.

After that my sound still didn't work when I started up my computer. To start my audio again I went into device manager, right clicked on the Audio device and clicked disable. If it didn't tell me to restart, I re-enabled it and the audio worked until the next time I started my computer up.

Somehow the audio device sorted itself out and works after start up, possible from virus scans or registry cleans or disk defrags.

What you said you have tried seems to be what I did to fix my problem, so this probably won't help much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/latitude-d520-dead-speakers-help.669231/
Relevancy 76.97%

My home has a WLAN that my dad's newer laptop (not the D520), and even my little sister's iPod touch can connect to better than I can. I need a detailed walkthrough on how to connect my laptop to a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router.

Relevancy 72.67%

how to unlock the bios password for Dell Latitude CSX?

A:bios unlock code for Dell Latitude CSX

Contact the manufacturer for help with that issue. Be prepared to provide proof of ownership.You posted in the Win2000 forum. Is the computer in question runnning Win2000?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/bios-unlock-code-for-dell-latitude-csx/66247.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I had my administration password on my Dell latitude d610 and it worked have not used for awhile now it will not open up keeps saying retry I don't have any disks or another computer what can I do? Help pleasemessage edited by tderek1

A:hi my dell latitude d610 has my administrater code but wont

Try Factory Recovery: http://www.computing.net/answers/wi...Unless it's got faulty hardware, that should work.I hope you have backed up your data before the problem occurred because Factory Recovery will overwrite everything that's on the existing Windows partition.That's why keeping backups on a different drive is so important.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/hi-my-dell-latitude-d610-has-my-administrater-code-but-wont/14071.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I was trouble shooting a computer for a few hours last night that had this issue and I thought I would pass along some information about what I did and a temporary fix First of all if you want to look up Log Code: DST 1000-0146 Error more information about the quot blue screen quot google quot Blue Screen of Death quot The reason I fell across this website is because the error code - showed up in DST Log Error Code: 1000-0146 the diagnostics test and I have never seen that before To get passed the Blue Screen of Death run Windows XP in debugging mode it should load right into Windows After you log into windows run the system check disk then go to Start gt Run gt type msconfig Now go to Boot INI and you should see an option that says SAFEboot Click that and click Minimal Now restart your computer Now you should boot right into windows without the Blue Screen of Death After it completely loads go back to Start gt Run gt type msconfig and go back to the BOOT INI Tab and uncheck SAFEBoot Try restarting the computer in regular mode and that should work Now I noticed that the computer is running slow I believe that is because the harddrive is failing I could be wrong though This will allow you to back up any files onto a cd so you can replace the hard drive I m not sure how long it will last so I would do it asap If you have any questions feel free to ask or to comment I just wanted to share my experience that I had last night and I hope this helps anyone that needs it Thanks Kevin nbsp

A:DST Log Error Code: 1000-0146

If anyone has any tips on how to permamently fix this error, please let me know. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dst-log-error-code-1000-0146.553987/
Relevancy 70.95%

My mother's Dell Inspiron B all of a Code: 1000-0146 Error sudden would not start up and she asked me to take a look at it I ran a Diagnostic and the above Error Code showed up - saying DST Short Status Test Failed I have tried starting the computer in every way possible but the comp will not start up The screen just remains blank I know the screen works properly due to the diagnostic test as well as me being Error Code: 1000-0146 able to see the Start-up Menu Starting using Last Known Configuration yields the same result When I try to start up using Safe Mode All that appears is a series of lines of text and then nothing happens The lines of text remain in place and no key strokes have any effect I'm almost sure this is a HD Failure but my mom doesn't want to lose all the stuff she had on her laptop Do any of you have any solutions to my problem

A:Error Code: 1000-0146

Hello JPice

Yes that is a hard drive failure message I`m afraid.

The safest way of retrieving your files is to take the drive out of the laptop altogether and put it in another PC as a Slave drive. Then you should be able to copy all your data in Windows Explorer.

You'll need a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter to put a laptop drive in a desktop PC.

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16812203012

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-code-1000-0146-a-323579.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I found an old thread about this here, but my problem is a little different. I only get this error intermittently, maybe once a week. I have a new Dell Studio laptop. I will turn it on as usual but sometimes I get a lot of beeping and the "Error Code 2000-0141 No Drive Detected" message. After I run the onboard diagnostic the computer will boot normally.

Why does the drive fail only intermittently? I thought if it was a bad drive it would always be a bad drive. Or is it that there is some faulty connection? Sending the laptop back will cost me weeks or months without a computer.

A:Dell Error Code 0141 No Drive Detected

The thread you linked to is exactly your same problem. Here are the possibilities:
There is an intermittent drive failure that will eventually become permanent.
There is an intermittent main board failure that will eventually become permanent.
There is a bad connection between the drive and the main board that shows up occasionally (not likely)
You had better back up your data daily to external media because recovering data from a failed hard disk starts at around a thousand dollars and that is for small disks. Turn-around time is usually two weeks or more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-error-code-0141-no-drive-detected.772809/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi Dell Latitude laptop running OEM Win SP fully patched and previously stable Rig will be years old in a few months so I suppose it could be impending hardware failure FWIW drivers are UTD according to Dell code BSOD boot 0X0000007F on - Laptop Latitude stop Dell site but there is a BIOS update available I hadn't updated it BSOD on boot - stop code 0X0000007F Dell Latitude Laptop as the rig had been very stable BSOD with stop code x F Was able to reboot into Windows without incident immediately thereafter There was a recent patch to my security suite KIS within the past few days However the rig had BSOD on boot - stop code 0X0000007F Dell Latitude Laptop been rebooted several times since then without incident and the system was stable And I installed MS KB on without incident having uninstalled KB shortly after the Patch Tuesday debacle even though I had NO problem with No other recent software or hardware changes KACE amp encryption software have been installed for quite some time and have caused no known issues SF Diagnostic Tool log amp zipped mini-dump are attached I think Please advise Much appreciated NOTE This is NOT the system listed in my profile's quot system specs quot I have different Win rigs The one for which I am reporting this BSOD is the laptop

A:BSOD on boot - stop code 0X0000007F Dell Latitude Laptop

Hello MoxieMomma.

The BSOD is caused by Kaspersky Antivirus, which made Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN driver blocked.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs32.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs32.sys
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klim6.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim6.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kltdi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kltdi.sys
Probably caused by : NETwNs32.sys ( NETwNs32+741a0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Description of drivers here:
What is kltdi.sys from Kaspersky Lab? (id:10375435)
What is kltdi.sys from Kaspersky Lab? (id:10375435)
What is netwns32.sys ? | System Explorer

And the WiFi driver is backdated.

Code:
95635000 95cbf000 NETwNs32 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: NETwNs32.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs32.sys
Image name: NETwNs32.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 14 17:12:16 2010 (4C3DA298)
CheckSum: 00686E74
ImageSize: 0068A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Uninstall Kaspersky using Kaspersky Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Update Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/def...me_downloadctr

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

PROBLEM DRIVERS:
NAMEDESCRIPTIONFILETYPEklim6 Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS 6 Filter c:\windows\system32\drivers\klim6.sys Kernel Driver kltdi kltdi c:\windows\system32\drivers\kltdi.sys Kernel Driver netwns32 ___ Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7 - 32 Bit c:\windows\system32\drivers\netwns32.sys Kernel Driver Yes
EDIT:
► Update Ricoh Memory Card Reader driver from Home | Ricoh Global
► Download and install this particular versionof Intel Rapid Storage Driver:
Version: 11.2.0.1006
Date: 06/11/2012

Code:
95d0f000 95d20000 rimmptsk (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rimmptsk.sys
Image name: rimmptsk.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jun 25 13:28:09 2009 (4A432E11)
CheckSum: 000134E8
ImageSize: 00011000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
===========================================================
8d410000 8d4ea000 iaStor (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Timestamp: Fri Aug 07 17:46:56 2009 (4A7C1B38)
CheckSum: 00053E42
ImageSize: 000DA000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 04... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/287862-bsod-boot-stop-code-0x0000007f-dell-latitude-laptop.html
Relevancy 69.66%

It has Vista ultimate on it We have tryed quot reseating quot the drive code no Dell drive detected,error inspiron 0141 a couple of times and the tests still say no hard drive detected error code Msg error code - He has not made any backups of his data also he has not made any backup recovery discs OK the data maybe lost but what about windows how does that get put back on a Dell inspiron no drive detected,error code 0141 new hard drive if your laptop had the OS preinstalled Or is the best option is to take it to a computer repair shop and maybe they can transfer all the data and the OS to a new hard drive I just like to know how this works its not for me this happened to my mate next door Just to clarify Hard drive looks if it has failed The OS was preinstalled No backups of any type PS I have done a couple of searches and this does not mean to say it is the actuall hard drive thats Dell inspiron no drive detected,error code 0141 failed as some people have bought new hard drives and are still getting the same message Could this also mean a motherboard or controller problem

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/274118-dell-inspiron-no-drive-detected-error-code-0141-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an DST Short Test error code 1000-0146 It wont run in safe mode or any mode. I need help plz.
Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dst-short-test-error-code-1000-0146.971534/
Relevancy 69.66%

Dell Latitude D600 will not boot. While running F12 diagnostics this error message displayed: DST Short Test Fail - Error Code 1000 - 0146. Can this be fixed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dst-short-test-error-code-1000-0146.771728/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

Few weeks ago my laptop (dell inspiron 1525) would turn on but when trying to get on to internet or other programmes it would turn blue with error messages and the come up with the code 0141. Then when restarting it comes up with message saying 'internal hard disc drive no found' 'no bootable device'.

Tried Rebooting and Restoring but nothing seems to work.

Any suggegstions on how i can fix this problem?

any advice will be appreciated

cheers

A:Dell error code 0141 hard disc drive not found

Hi and welcome to TSF try running the dell diagnostic utility http://support.dell.com/support/top...9E3A15597A04AFBB02EE16785D39C5C&isLegacy=true

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-error-code-0141-hard-disc-drive-not-found.997581/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All I have a Dell D about yrs old and I recently got a Blue Screen and need help getting my data out Reading through many articles on google regarding this error it seems like I am out of luck But I still want to know if I can still least 1000-0146 to Code recover [SOLVED] at help my data Error : Need recover my data before I chuck this HD away I was reading somewhere that I should literally freeze my HD I did however did the [SOLVED] Error Code : 1000-0146 Need help to at least recover my data Dell Dianostic test by pressing FN Power and it gave me this error Start DST SHort Test Test Results Fail Error COde - Msg Unit DST Log contains previous error s Basic facts System Latitude D BIOS Version A Processor Pen M HD GB HDD Please walk me through to either retrieve my files or at least allow me to get into windows long enough to extra as much data as I can Is there a place where I can take my HD to have the data extracted Please help

A:[SOLVED] Error Code : 1000-0146 Need help to at least recover my data

Hi and welcome to TSF.
Provided your HD is not totally dead, the best way would be to slave it to another machine, preferably a desktop. You will need an adaptor for the IDE cable as the socket is smaller on the 2? inch drive. Provided you can then read it you should be able to copy your data. To slave it to another laptop you will need a special enclosure with a USB connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-error-code-1000-0146-need-help-to-at-least-recover-my-data-193667.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am helping my friend try to fix his computer ( it's a Dell latitude 600 with windows XP) and ran the diagnostic on the start up and got the start dst short test error code 1000 0146. It let's me load windows but some programs are slow and wont let me browse the Internet at all. I installed webroot virus scanner and it detected a win 32 virus and got ride of it but still having the same problem with the same error coming up. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 68.37%

Can some help me. My computer does not boot i get the Dell screen but then goes blank to a line on the upper right corner of screen. i used F12 to run a Diagnostics it said i had a Error 1000-0322 LCD Inverter Failer . well i have two hard drives and the other one works thats what i am on now. I dont want to lose the data on the other one. I have windows xp pro on the one that does not work and vista on this one. I have tried to restore from the disk but it asked for Administrative password i have tried the one i use to log on with but it says it is wrong I don't know what to do.

A:Dell Error 1000-0322 help

LCD inverter is usually a problem with the backlight or screen image inverter... If you do not see problems with the screen, ignore this for now.
Sometimes the Administrative password is blank, or has other possibilities you can get from Dell tech support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-error-1000-0322-help.131625/
Relevancy 67.94%

so recently ive been trying to hook up my lap top to my hdtv and ive been messing around trying to get the screen to display. the other day i turned on my dell inspiron notebook and found that after the boot screen the screen goes black/blank. i can hear the desktop and i hear my mouse so i know that the desktop is there. the monitor is just not responding. i did a diagnostic test on the computer and got the error message dst short test error code 1000 - 0146. What does this mean? is this why my monitor won't respond. please any help would be appreciated. i just want my laptop to work again.

A:blank monitor dst short test error code 1000 - 0146

i just tried to boot in in safe mode but its stuck on a file called mup.sys please i dont know what to do should i just replace the harddrive with a new one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-monitor-dst-short-test-error-code-1000-0146.827492/
Relevancy 67.94%

so recently ive been trying to hook up my lap top to my hdtv and ive been messing around trying to get the screen to display. the other day i turned on my dell inspiron notebook and found that after the boot screen the screen goes black/blank. i can hear the desktop and i hear my mouse so i know that the desktop is there. the monitor is just not responding. i did a diagnostic test on the computer and got the error message dst short test error code 1000 - 0146. What does this mean? is this why my monitor won't respond. please any help would be appreciated. i just want my laptop to work again.

So "dst short test error code 1000 - 0146" is the full error message?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227223/blank-monitor-dst-short-test-error-code-1000-0146/
Relevancy 67.94%

hi, the 'dst' means drive short test, so a problem is showing on your hard drive. You may want to consider running the longer test offered in the diagnostics section on your hard drive, but of course running tests on a failing drive has a risk attached. Do you have all your files backed up? If not, do you have another computer available, you could slave the drive to it in order to try to get your files off. Or, Can you get in to safe mode on your inspiron, as you start the notebook press the F8 key up and down to get to the safe mode menu. If you can do this back up your files before running the extended test.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blank-monitor-dst-short-test-error-code-1000-0146-a-376426.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I'm having trouble with the BT modules for my Dell D520. It shows up in my Dell D510 Device Manager without any hassle!

The D510 is running XP Pro and the D520 is running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have 2 modules which work great on the D510 but not on the D520.

I have now sent away for another cable to see if there's any luck by doing this.

Could this be a problem with the D520 running 7

TIA

Scott

A:Dell D520 Bluetooth

Hi, are their any yellow or marks in device manager on the D520 are the drivers installed for the bluetooth?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/354986-dell-d520-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi folks I want to upgrade my Upgrade Dell D520 CPU Dell D processor form Ghz to Ghz or something in Dell D520 CPU Upgrade this range Atm I've Dell D520 CPU Upgrade upgraded the RAM to GB HDD to GB Socket is Operating System Windows Ultimate Dell D520 CPU Upgrade -bit SP CPU Intel Mobile Core Duo T GHz C Merom nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Inc NF Microprocessor C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family Dell Intel Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family Dell Storage GB Western Digital WDC WD BPVT- HXZT ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST CDRW DVD GCCT N ATA Device Audio High Definition Audio Device Intel Mobile Core Duo T Cores Threads Name Intel Mobile Core Duo T Code Name Merom Package Socket mPGA Technology nm Specification Intel Core CPU T GHz Family Extended Family Model F Extended Model F Stepping Revision L Motherboard Manufacturer Dell Inc Model NF Microprocessor Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model i GM Chipset Revision Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model GHM ICH -M U Southbridge Revision A Where and what are my options to buy and upgrade with TIA Scotty

A:Dell D520 CPU Upgrade

According to Dell that model is a Latitude D520 Notebook/Laptop, somewhat an older model that looks just a bit newer than my Latitude D810.
http://www.dell.com/downloads/global...0_69970973.pdf
CNET had a review on it back in 2006.
http://www.cnet.com/products/dell-latitude-d520/
Finding a new CPU that will fit may be difficult, used ones may be problematic. And the BIOS may need an upgrade so as to support it, plug the Service Tag number in at Dell Support to check availability.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352958-dell-d520-cpu-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.51%

What can i upgrade to on my dell d520?

this my spec

A:cpu upgrade for dell d520

Best to ask that on the Dell community Laptop Forum People there more familiar with the Dell models and upgrades.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356421-cpu-upgrade-dell-d520.html
Relevancy 66.65%

When I tried to use the program Pc restore on my DEll Vostro 1000 an error message came up and quit the program. And yes i was in safemode

A:Error message when trying to restore Dell Vostro 1000

Use your Dell Recovery DVD to boot the system or use the hard drive recovery partition (most systems = press F10 during boot-up).

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-message-when-trying-to-restore-dell-vostro-1000-a-461535.html
Relevancy 66.65%

1. Why would D520 not have an eeprom chip while other D600 or later would?
2. What are the options to unlock a D520 if when boot you get the gray screen?
I read that you can disconnect the battery for a couple seconds.
Then reconnect it and this will change the boot order to usb first.
then use the usb to load up xp. Is this true?

A:Dell D520 options & questions

I assume you mean 'older' by 'later'.
Not sure about the strategy on how dell does secure their laptops but it is definitely that removing the cmos battery will solve the password screen problem and neither it will enable you to boot up from usb. the only options at the moment are to contact dell, tell them the service tag (make sure you are the legal owner or have the ownership transfered to you) and let them give you a master password to unlock the laptop - or go here:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic96268.html
and wait for a master password (you may receive paid offers only).
well you can also have a look at some unlocking websites and ebay. there are a couple of guys who sell passwords....

good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d520-options-questions.96779/
Relevancy 66.65%

Can anyone decypher this mb code from my Dell D520 ? I've looked on the mb but there is no mfg. tag or label or branding. mb is out of system and all the markings on both sides have DADOM5MB8E4 rev E and that's all. In particular can anyone identify the circuits at spots U31 and C51 ? Any input or leads will be greatly appreciated.

Dell D520
T5500
1gb. ram
100gb hdd
serv. tag G6N6ZC1
express tag 35230271329

A:Dell D520 Motherboard Schematics

What is the trouble symptom?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d520-motherboard-schematics.128638/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi!

Please help me to clear the Bios password of the Dell latitude D520
Service tag: #CPG3N1S-595B
Express Service Code: 27660086128
REV A01 (I am not sure if this is Bios version but I found it underneath of the laptop in case if you need it)

I looked at the Paragon site but there is no D520 model so I dont know what to do to get the password or some way to crack it. Please help me

Thanks a lot and hope I got a reply from you soon
you can email at: email removed

A:Dell D520 Bios Password Removal

thanks so much but may be this is my last solution cuz this is not my laptop, so I dont want to pay for it.
I am still waiting for Rutam reply

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d520-bios-password-removal.82983/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an older Dell Latitude CPx laptop, running Windows XP, with a 500mhz PIII CPU and 128mb RAM. My problem is that from time to time the DVD-ROM randomly stops working. I can put in any type of CD or DVD and it will read just fine the first time. But the next time I put a disk in it will not read. At this point, I have to uninstall it from Device Manager, and then reinstall it. After doing so, it will work once more, and then I have to uninstall/reinstall again. I'd like to not have to do this every other time I want to put a CD or DVD in. Is there something I can do to put a stop to this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Dell Latitude CPx DVD-Rom Drive Problem

Anyone have any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-cpx-dvd-rom-drive-problem.498147/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am boot without 2gb old Dell won't drive CP Latitude trying to replace the Dell Latitude CP won't boot without old 2gb drive original Gb IBM drive with a Gb Toshiba Everytime I put the in the bios won t recognise it So I ve called Dell to see how large a drive Bios A will see They won t help unless I use paid support due to the products age I am able to boot up fine with Gb drive in it and can change boot order in Bios set it to CD I can boot from CD and have used several different boot disks all with no problem Now I want to flash Bios to A - to see if it will recognise the larger drive Only downside is I HAVE to have the original HDD in it when I do it I have cloned it onto the but I m worried about something going wrong with the flash since I can only flash from HD or CD I definately do not want to risk disrupting the ONLY disk I know will run in this machine My last attempt was to pull the HD caddy out and on boot up I get a quot Primary hard disk drive not found No bootable device s selected strike F to retry boot F for setup utility quot This error occurs no matter what order I use in setup and no matter which boot cd I use I can only boot from cd with the Gb drive in it Any other methods I may have missed or Keystrokes nbsp

A:Dell Latitude CP won't boot without old 2gb drive

Confirming your computer exactly from here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html
Continue with the bios update, which will not affect your system or data files.

Be aware that no one gauratees bios updating, not even Dell
It is therefore highly requested that you use the backup old Bios (using the same Bios utility) first.

If it's any consolation I'd do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-cp-wont-boot-without-old-2gb-drive.102817/
Relevancy 64.93%

Please help me locate and remove my hard drive. It needs to be fixed by Dell and they asked me to remove the hard drive first.

A:Dell latitude 800 laptop hard drive

tech support did not walk you through the removal of the drive? It is standard practice for techs to walk customers through how to remove the drive when determining to replace it. reseating the drive is one of the standard TS steps.
Anyway, is this a D800 or a C800? On the D800, locate the headphone jacks, you'll note that there is a cutout area around it and a screw just under the bottom edge of the system, remove that screw and pull the drive out. On the C800, the drive is located center of the right side, you'll notice a rectangle cutout with a single screw through it(if you have an IR port, it is located on the faceplate for the hdd) remove that screw, slide the plate up, grasp it firmly and pull the drive out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-800-laptop-hard-drive.21535/
Relevancy 64.93%

good evening,

I just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410 laptop. now some questions about how to keep the system in good shape..

1. is windows defender a good enough anti-virus/ security program or should I choose something else?

2. optimizing of ssd drive... how often?

3. is disk clean up safe for ssd drives? I know not to defragment ssd drives but what about disk clean up?

so far seems like the ssd drive made a big performance improvement

A:Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410...

To answer your questions.
1. Yes Although I prefer a third party program.
2. Let Windows do it for you
3. Yes

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39961-just-installed-ssd-drive-my-dell-latitude-e6410.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am a teacher and we want to do a science experiment with magnets. We have a dell latitude laptop and other devices (cell phones, calculators) that we want to try to wipe out the memory. Where do we put the magnet to get the best results? There is nothing on this computer that we want. So I am not afraid of loosing any memory. Please help us on this matter. Thanks.

PS Will we need to just reinstall the harddrive stuff afterwards or will the harddrive need to be replaced once we try to wipe it out?

Relevancy 64.93%

I've got the new Latitude E5570 laptop and I would like to have both HDD and SSD installed in the same time. Is an any way I can do this? Perhaps I need to use some adapters or cables for this. Please advise
Kind Regards,
Alex

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981624
Relevancy 64.93%

I am trying to upgrade my work hard drive GB because I was running out of space to a Samsung SSD drive GB I created a system image and a system restore disk in preparation using windows tools Then I swapped the drives tying to get the SSD to be the primary No luck Then I swapped back the old drive my failsafe but it failed to boot as well suspect MBR was damaged So I reimaged old drive to a personal windows image but that didn't help though it proved the drive was usable I now have copied the system image data onto the old drive from the SSD drive using the command prompt in the system restore session So I have a system image on both the new and old drives I have the old drive connected with cables to the USB port The SSD is installed in the windows SSD Moving on Latitude drive bit 64 Dell to laptop I am trying to use the system restore disk to restore the backup image on the USB drive old hard disk to Moving to SSD drive on Dell Latitude windows 64 bit the SSD drive I keep getting an error with multiple potential issues A probable system disk may have been excluded by mistake I don't think so A USB disk may have been assigned as a system disk seems possible but their solution doesn't work An invalid disk may have been assigned as a system disk seems possible but their solution doesn't work Next step I want to try is to move the data to a network drive Moving to SSD drive on Dell Latitude windows 64 bit to see if that works but I am not optimistic

A:Moving to SSD drive on Dell Latitude windows 64 bit

ok, so it appears that I could simply now restore from C: to C: now that I have a system restore copy on the SB drive, which would not allow me to execute before.

Cool!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261134-moving-ssd-drive-dell-latitude-windows-64-bit.html
Relevancy 64.93%

good evening,

I just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410 laptop. now some questions about how to keep the system in good shape..

1. is windows defender a good enough anti-virus/ security program or should I choose something else?

2. optimizing of ssd drive... how often?

3. is disk clean up safe for ssd drives? I know not to defragment ssd drives but what about disk clean up?

so far seems like the ssd drive made a big performance improvement

A:Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410...

To answer your questions.
1. Yes Although I prefer a third party program.
2. Let Windows do it for you
3. Yes

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39961-just-installed-ssd-drive-my-dell-latitude-e6410.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

I need to replace the hard drive in my Dell Latitude D600 laptop and I'm wondering whether I have to use the particular hard drive produced specifically by Dell for Dell Latitude laptops or whether there are any alternatives?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers,
Celia

A:Hard drive for Dell Latitude D600

You do not need to purchase from Dell
Read the label on the HardDrive, and do a search for those specs. You can also search D600 Hard Drive on its own

Here is some Dell info:

Dell Parts and Upgrades
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/DellPartsFamily.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=04&s=bsd
HardDrive replacement proceedure:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd600/sm/hdd.htm#1123687

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-for-dell-latitude-d600.107914/
Relevancy 64.93%

My D600 is getting very hot over the hard drive. I purchased another one and it too is getting hot. So hot that it's uncomfortable to type much.

I spoke with a couple local computer store owners and got two answers. One told me that the HD was going bad. That's why I bought another one. The other told me that was Normal with Dell's, especially the Latitude series.

Now what? I've had this computer since 2006 and I don't remember it getting this hot until just the last several months.

Any advise? Is it a bad hard drive or just the Latitude itself?

What would you do if it were yours?

Relevancy 64.93%

Config Latitude e release with Dell Latitude hard second drive e5450 th generation i - U GB Mem GB HDD P I would like to Dell Latitude e5450 second hard drive add a second hard drive SSD to my laptop - I only see a quot hard drive slot that s pre-occupied with GB K HDD Many will tell me to upgrade my current disk to a SSD and but that s not what I want - I need to add another disk that is SSD into the system vs upgrade the existing Per manual I do not see this guy has mSATA slot it can have mSATA SSD with conversion kit on the same quot SATA slot and since this guy doesn t have a DVD ROM I won t be able to convert that as another option either I do see it has WWAN slot nbsp that s empty and can easily fit mm size SSD but I m reading at forums that the WWAN slot is NOT SATA based but rather PCIe based and it must be M standard Can this be confirmed Also can the wifi card be confirmed as being sata based or pcie based If the WWAN port is SATA based I see a lot of options for SSDs from MyDigital Transcend and other guys but if this is PCIe based the only thing I find is mm from Samsung SM That size will not work as I need at max Any other options Also I see options of SATA based devices in BIOS named quot SATA- quot quot SATA- quot quot SATA- quot amp quot SATA- quot I have them all enabled What are each of these for One for certain is quot HDD no idea what rest is for Thanks in advance

A:Dell Latitude e5450 second hard drive

This system supports only 2.5" SSDs - and just one of those.  There is no mSATA or m.2/NGFF support.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19654353
Relevancy 64.93%

Got a Dell Latitude D- here that someones bought off ebay D-400 Windows! with no Dell CD Latitude Reinstall to How drive: very cheap BSOD leaving to infinite reboot Thought best thing to do would be to reinstall windows but alas no CD drive Here's what I've tried - working external CD drive with Windows CD in Very limited BIOS options but by setting it to boot from Harddrive last it still doesn't boot Dell Latitude D-400 with no CD drive: How to Reinstall Windows! from CD - Boot from Ubuntu Pendrive Can boot fine only thing is that the wifi doesn't work considering just installing ubuntu and getting round the wifi problem - BartPE Spent literally hours last night trying to follow the guides for making a bootable Windows install pendrive Quite the opposite of the ease of Ubuntu One or two places I may have gone wrong but its taken so much of my time already trying this Other things I was thinking of trying and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice - Connect the harddrive to a PC or a laptop with a CD drive and start the install off on that Maybe reconnect the HDD to the laptop once it restarts after copying the files from the CD the first stage of the windows install process as nothing specific like drivers will have been setup just guessing - Network install I've read briefly on this I think I have to boot from a pendrive then connect to a computer on the network with the XP CD in its drive How easy is this Is it more effort than making an Ubuntu pendrive much thanks Dan gent

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d-400-with-no-cd-drive-how-to-reinstall-windows-464272.html
Relevancy 64.93%

How to fix this? I don't know how but I got this every time I restart it it is a dell latitude d 8 ?

A:system error dell Latitude says error JAVW is compressed pre

If English is not your native tongue, put the EXACT error message into google.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/system-error-dell-latitude-says-error-javw-is-compressed-pre/203299.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I reloaded a friend s OS on 769 Latitude D800 Dell Error has his Dell Latitude D and when I made an attempt to connect to the Internet I received Error The specified destination is not reachable the small window wants to redial yet previously I had this laptop connected to the home Dell Latitude D800 has Error 769 network I ve seen this error before yet can t remember how to fix it Here are the specs on the Dell Windows XP Pro v SP Intel Pentium M MHz processor MHz with GB of RAM I want to thank you in advance for your help on this Note I deleted the drivers and rebooted the system to reinstall the network card drivers but the error still exist Dell Latitude D800 has Error 769 The reason I reloaded the OS was due to a virus and the BSOD I ran several scans with Super Anti Spyware yet unsuccessful I ran rKill yet the problem remain even in Safe-Mode with Networking I had issues I didn t want to run Combo-Fix because of some of the problems that surfaced with a few other co-workers in the past Thanks Fiercemango

A:Dell Latitude D800 has Error 769

Hi and welcome to TSF what error flags are showing in device manager ie the lan\Ethernet did you install the driver for the Ethernet

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d800-has-error-769-a-664833.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I previously had a problem with the primary or administrator password which I was able to resolved thanks to the "MasterPW exe." program. The new password worked but now I'm getting this message as soon as I turn on the system. Nothing happens whether a press F2 or S or R as the message requires. I haven't installed anything since I was unable to use the computer for quite a while. I have Windows 98. Any advice would be appreciated.

A:Dell Latitude CPi error message

I/O error caused in Bios inf

Either update the Bios to current version
Or reset bios to defaults

Read here on updating your bios

Also let us know the outcome

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-cpi-error-message.113310/
Relevancy 64.5%

Yes Latitude D630 Drive will blank recognise dvd's RW Dell DVD not this old problems still around I have seen one possible work DVD RW Drive Dell Latitude D630 will not recognise blank dvd's round and have passed it onto my DVD RW Drive Dell Latitude D630 will not recognise blank dvd's companies I T as I m not allowed to do my own DVD RW Drive Dell Latitude D630 will not recognise blank dvd's fixes Only recently I tried to burn a DVD and straight away the DVD Writer couldn t recognise a blank dvd but would recognise a pre-recorded or one thats been burnt to When placing a blank dvd in the tray it would come up as a cd All CD read write functions work fine the machine has the Dell installed Roxio drag and drop installed and that says no DVD in the drive so it does not recognise it either However I did find a thread fishing around with a possible solution so I m now waiting I T with baited breath I ll let every one know how they get one it seems this isn t an isolated issue however at risk of jinxing myself its never happened at home nbsp

A:DVD RW Drive Dell Latitude D630 will not recognise blank dvd's

Most likely unrecognized media. Two choices: 1) update the drive firmware (if there is a newer version) 2) different brand/type of media. And use a quality media. For SL DVD, Verbatim or Taio Yuden, for DL DVD, Verbatim.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-drive-dell-latitude-d630-will-not-recognise-blank-dvds.1008418/
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently replaced the GB rpm Hitachi hard drive in my six year-old Dell Latitude D with a GB rpm Western Digital Scorpio Blue drive I noticed immediately that it was running much hotter than the old Hot Running Latitude Dell Hard Drive D600 drive to a point at which I couldn t comfortably rest my palm on the system I downloaded several utilities to read the SMART chip data and they all returned temperatures each utility returning the same value of - degrees I bought a cooling stand which only brought it down to around I contacted Western Digital tech support they informed me this was not normal operating temperature and sent me a recertified drive as a replacement I installed it and had Dell Latitude D600 Hard Drive Running Hot the same result I contacted them again and the fellow with whom I was working then Dell Latitude D600 Hard Drive Running Hot tried to backpedal I hadn t given him all of the info I had to expect it to run hotter than a rpm drive etc I ended up returning the recertified drive to them and keeping the first one I then reinstalled my original GB drive installed a couple of the utilities and began getting temperature readings of - degrees I knew by touch that it couldn t be that hot also when the WD drives are installed the variable speed cooling fan runs constantly at high speed whereas when the GB Hitachi is installed it rarely does I have to conclude that the SMART chips are inherently inaccurate or that the Hitachi drive is simply better insulated which I find hard to believe Has it been anyone s experience that Western Digital drives run hotter than those of other manufacturers Is it possible that my Latitude simply wasn t engineered to properly vent a rpm drive Would I be better off going back to a rpm drive Thank you Dell Latitude D Windows XP Home Dell Latitude D600 Hard Drive Running Hot Pentium M GHz GB RAM WD GB Scorpio Blue HD nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Dell Latitude
C610

I want to replace the original hard drive with a larger capacity drive, the original is (don't laugh):

Hitachi DK23DA-20, 20GB, ATA5, EIDE, 4200rpm

DELL's site gives me little to go on for replacement parts but an alternative site suggests:

160GB ATA100 5400 rpm drive

I have found a Toshiba 320GB ATA/300 5400rpm at Fry's. Is there anything I need to know about the ATA type to ensure compatibility? Will this ATA300 drive work with my system which previously had an ATA5 drive?

Thanks

A:Replacing Laptop Hard Drive - Dell Latitude

Toshiba makes a very good drive. We rate it among the top three, along with Seagate, Western Digital, and Fusjitsu. In our repair shop over the past 20 years, Toshiba has been our most reliable drive. A 5400 rpm drive will last longer than a 7200 rpm drive, and that speed will be noticeable...
Also look at www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.TigerDirect.com, and PCMall.com among others... prices vary almost daily.

Be sure you are getting the right type of drive... some are SATA, SATAII, EIDE, and ATA6...

It is difficult to return hard drives, so be sure you are getting what you need.

The 320 GB is a good choice, and will be almost as inexpensive as the 160... and most certainly less costly per gigabyte.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-laptop-hard-drive-dell-latitude.136048/
Relevancy 64.5%

The DVD-RW Drive consistently makes a clicking noise even though it is not operating with a disc. Then, when a blank disc is placed in the DVD-RW Drive, the blank disc swirls as if being read. This too happens periodically.
Troubleshooting Performed:
Performed Dell hardware diagnostics. No problems shown. Ran M/S Fix It. I was told the Detect Controller was fixed. I am not sure what this means? Performed the Fn+Power up for diagnostics and no problem shown.
When I leave the DVD tray out of the Laptop there is no noise. This is a brand new Dell Latitude E6530 with windows OS 7, 64 bit. Dell has replaced the DVD Drive with a new one, however, the new one still makes the clicking sound periodically. Please offer any suggestions as to a solution to this problem. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-clicking-noise-dell-latitude-e-6530.1108176/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello.
I need to replace my old HDD in Latitude E6230.
I found in local store one model of 500 Gb HDD, but I need to be sure if it is compatible with my E6230.
Does Seagate Momentus 5400.6 (ST9500325AS, PN: 9HH134-500) compatible with Dell Latitude E6230?
Thanks beforehand.

A:Dell Latitude E6230 HDD (hard drive) replacement

Yes, it'll work just fine in that system.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991443
Relevancy 64.5%

I have two older Dell C laptops that I plan to give C840 optical Dell Solved: Latitude drive away They both are in good working order While cleaning them up I had this problem The optical drives CD only stopped Solved: Dell Latitude C840 optical drive recognizing when anything was placed in the drive Control panel shows the drives as quot This device is working properly quot Yet when anything is placed in the drive it never starts and when I check I get the quot Please insert a disk into drive D quot message I deleted several old games Hoyle card Solved: Dell Latitude C840 optical drive games Mah Jong Hoyle board games I also changed the log on name to the name of the person s the machine s were going to be given to Everything else continues to be ok with both machines They boot up Windows XP Pro SP they did the latest Windows updates AVG updates everything is normal Autoplay is quot on quot for both machines Is there anything else that I need to check or is this just a bizarre coincidence that both drives have the same problem at the same time Oh yeah I Solved: Dell Latitude C840 optical drive tried switching the drives from one laptop to another but they still do not read media inserted I m stymied on this nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I am looking for the hard drive screws (not the caddy screws) that hold the caddy+hdd assembly securely with the chasis. I ordered from Ebay a couple of times and they send me everything but the 3 hard drive screws that I need. Where can I find them? What is the part name/number? Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994548
Relevancy 63.64%

I want to install an SSD into my Dell Latitude D505 14" laptop, but I'm not sure if it will fit. I don't want to get a 128GB one, that's just longer I'll have to wait to save money for. My Dell laptop currently has a 40GB Hard Disk Drive.

Note: Don't go saying 'Upgrade laptops' or anything like that. I don't want to hear about it. I'm aware of how old this laptop is, about 8 years to be exact.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello-
My Dell Latitude C610 laptop is reporting "primary hard disk 0 not found".
I would like help to see if there is something we can do to get it back.

A:Solved: dell Latitude C610 laptop - no hard drive

moving this to the virus section of the forum. It started to boot in windows, and then died.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-latitude-c610-laptop-no-hard-drive.463558/
Relevancy 63.64%

the hard drive crashed I had it replaced and got it back with no internet drivers. When I try to download drivers with my Asus laptop the only drivers it finds are the ones for the Asus. I need the Ethernet Controller driver and then I think I'll be able to get the wifi driver.

A:I have a Dell latitude d610 with new hard drive and no internet drivers

See if what you need is on the Dell, Drivers & Downloads for the Latitude D610 page.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491913/i-have-a-dell-latitude-d610-with-new-hard-drive-and-no-internet-drivers/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Dell Latitude D and Windows The generic Windows sound driver made the sound for the laptop run but not with the docking station I installed the Sigmatel drivers for Windows Vista bit They also worked for me on Windows First they didn't wanna install but then I made a BIOS update from Revision A to A and it solved the problem Now again I have sound for the laptop but when connected to the docking station the following happens When I set the normal speakers as output Sound starts to play through the speakers connected to the docking station but aborts quickly for example the Windows sound when changing the volume When I set the SPDIF out as output No sound at all The Sigmatel website obviously doesn't provide drivers since it's not existant anymore The audio business was sold to IDT but the IDT Website sucks Detailed descriptions of all sound cards but no drivers at all There was an IDT modded drivers section on laptopvideo go com before but unfortunately the project is dead I can't even find the uploaded files anymore Anyway one doesn't know if it works for Win at all Audio device STAC Device-ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS F amp REV amp C AAC amp amp I tried the following drivers from the Dell website already which according to Windows work but give me the described sound problem - Y VM - R - R - sound 8 D630: Sigmatel/IDT Windows drive on Dell Latitude R - R Any ideas how I can get this to work Any other IDT drivers available

A:Windows 8 on Dell Latitude D630: Sigmatel/IDT sound drive

Generally, only Dell supplied drivers work properly on a Dell PC. Non Dell drivers will either not work or not work properly in most cases.

Have you tried posting on the Dell Laptop forum? That would be a good place to start.
Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/15309-windows-8-dell-latitude-d630-sigmatel-idt-sound-drive.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387845-dell-latitude-e6430-dell-latitude-e6420.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Today, I was (trying) to upload files on a Micro SD card. I went to "My Computer" and clicked the storage device. It stopped responding, so I ended the program. All the icons disappeared, so I shut down the laptop. When I booted it back up, it did the little windows thing with the logo and blue bars. It then asked me "Start Windows Normally, Last Known Settings, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Safe Mode with Networking, and Safe Mode." I selected "Safe Mode" and it flashed a Blue Screen error and went back to the Windows logo with blue bars scrolling. I then tried selecting all the other options. It still would flash the blue screen error. I need help!

A:Blue Screen Error - Dell Latitude D800

If it won't boot into Safe Mode, some of the XP core files are corrupt or there is a hardware issue. Try booting from your XP CD and perform a repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-dell-latitude-d800-383623.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello there the following message keeps coming up on my laptop

The instruction at "0x5ba06ela" referenced memory at "0x5ba06ela". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0xc000009c".

The laptop is slower than normal. Everything else seems to work apart from the internet and msn messenger, which will load up to begin with, but is slow, but then when something is typed into google or i put my information into msn messenger to log on it freezes and says they are not responding to send error report.

I have not downloaded anything different onto my laptop or made any changes that i am aware of.

I would really appreciate your help please.

Thank you

A:Dell Latitude D505 I/O error message coming up?

Test your memory.

Download this file, unzip it to a folder of choice, there will be an ISO file, burn this to a CD as an ISO (Image) http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/burnisofile.htm

Boot from the CD you made and let the memory test run for a couple hours, see if you get memory test errors, if you do you have a bad memory module that needs replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d505-i-o-error-message-coming-up.864382/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all I have been having an issue with my Dell Lattitude D for some time now Every time I close the lid I get a blue screen of death I downloaded a program called quot who crashed quot It shows the following crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by error D630 Latitude driver Dell 02micro the following module oz sys oz x A E Bugcheck code x A x x x xFFFFFFFF C Error CUSTOM ERROR file path C WINDOWS Dell Latitude D630 02micro driver error system drivers oz sys product O Micro USB CCID SmartCard Reader company O Micro description O Micro USB CCID SmartCard Reader A third party driver was identified as Dell Latitude D630 02micro driver error the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver oz sys O Micro USB CCID SmartCard Reader O Micro Google query oz sys O Micro CUSTOM ERROR crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module oz sys oz x A E Bugcheck code x xFFFFFFFF F A x x x Error CANCEL STATE IN COMPLETED IRP file path C WINDOWS system drivers oz sys product O Micro USB CCID SmartCard Reader company O Micro description O Micro USB CCID SmartCard Reader Bug check description This indicates that an I O request packet IRP was completed and then was subsequently canceled This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver oz sys O Micro USB CCID SmartCard Reader O Micro Google query oz sys O Micro CANCEL STATE IN COMPLETED IRP I have done a google search for those errors but keep coming up blank I tried downloading a new driver and the driver I have found is from - - Dell Latitude D630 02micro driver error Version I do know of another person who has the same laptop and is having the same issue I have my power settings set to do nothing when I close the lid Running Windows XP Professional SP Thank you in advance Corey nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D630 02micro driver error

Try the driver from here it is more up to date.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=248520

Make sure you uninstall the existing driver first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d630-02micro-driver-error.164272/
Relevancy 62.78%

Each time I plug in my USB 3.0 external hard drive into my Dell Latitude E6530's SuperSpeed ("SS") USB 3.0 ports, I get the message:  "This USB Mass Storage Device can transfer information faster if you connect it to a Super-Speed USB 3.0 port.".
At first I thought it was a driver issue but I downloaded and installed the latest USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver drivers I could find and I am still getting USB 2.0 transfer rates.  How do I fix this issue?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990896
Relevancy 62.78%

Has anyone experienced frequent hard drive failures on Dell Latitude D400/D600 series laptops?

A:Hard drive failures on Dell Latitude D400/D600 laptops

Had mine for 3 years trouble free. Just change to a Thinkpad.

There seems to be more failure in the laptop 2.5" hard disks than the 3.5" units in the desktops.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-failures-on-dell-latitude-d400-d600-laptops.291975/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have read multiple postings about folks spend hours on the phone with Dell about Blue Screens of Death and Inspiron I too bought a Dell Inspiron - the First machine after installing my lexmark printer driver not only gave me blue screens but memory issues with the windows desktop not painting correctly and icons missing So I called Dell and they told me how reset the machine back to the factory settings but I still encountered the Blue screen of Death even after that and then going to standby hibernation and coming back - clicking to yahoo and checking mai Boom Blue Screen every time I called Dell and they replaced the machine with another Dell Inspiron desktop week ago I hooked up the new one and the same exact thing has happened - I restored the settings with Inspiron Stop 0x40000080 Dell 530 Screen Dell Error Code Blue again and have already had the dreaded blue screen Stop error code x even with out now installing anything Dell Blue Screen Stop Error Code 0x40000080 with Dell Inspiron 530 related to a printer all while coming back from hibernation So what I have read here is to get around this issue is to never let the machine got to standby or Hibernation is that correct or do I need driver updates why in the world I would need new drivers when this is a brand new machine HELP in CT Thanks nbsp

A:Dell Blue Screen Stop Error Code 0x40000080 with Dell Inspiron 530

Go into your Device manager and see if there are any conflicts/issues noted by a yellow triangle with and exclamation mark in the center.

You are the second person here today with a DELL computer and 0x80 errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-blue-screen-stop-error-code-0x40000080-with-dell-inspiron-530.101001/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am attempting a new installation of Skype 4.1 on a Dell Latitude E6400 with XP Pro. All goes well until the very end of the installation. At that point I get a message box with Shortcut Setup - Fatal Error During Installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal-error-during-installation-of-skype-4-1-on-a-dell-latitude-e6400-with-xp-pro.894857/
Relevancy 61.49%

TSG SYSINFO Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor MHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card MOBILITY RADEON Mb Find D60 New Hard Solved: Lost, Drive, Dell Controller Can't Driver, Network Latitude Hard Drives C Total - Solved: New Hard Drive, Network Controller Lost, Can't Find Driver, Dell Latitude D60 MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corporation X Antivirus None Note I will install Avast Antivirus once I can get this computer s wireless working I replaced my hard drive last night There is no more wireless in my network connections folder I went to Dell com I installed new drivers then after re-boot It said that my ethernet modem were also now gone Confused I did a system restore back to June My Dell Service Tag is BWWT After system reboot I went back to dell and entered the service tag and I installed all recommended driver updates which included BIOS A I still have no wireless ability In device manager under other devices there is a yellow exclamation point for quot Network Controller quot I ve looked for hardware changes and i ve tried to update driver from device manager and no success It wants a cd installed This laptop was bought used from my boyfriends old co-worker and given to me as a gift I don t have any operating cd s at all I have been trying to update this computer myself and am getting frustrated Money is tight and then I found TechGuy s forums I hope someone can help me If I need to provide more information than I already have please let me know Thanks very much nbsp

A:Solved: New Hard Drive, Network Controller Lost, Can't Find Driver, Dell Latitude D60

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-hard-drive-network-controller-lost-cant-find-driver-dell-latitude-d60.1079561/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there I d like some help regarding fixing a hard drive error I ve got Dell with 1000-0146 Drive infection Hard Fixing after virus Please Help Error Inspiron with x Windows XP and unfortunately it Please Help with Fixing Hard Drive Error 1000-0146 after virus infection gor infected I ve scanned the laptop in safe mode and removed the viruses with AVG and Avira and the laptop was working again After about month it just didn t start anymore and gave me an error message saying that my SYSTEM file is corrupted and I could try to repair it from a Windows CD I ve taken out the CD that came with my laptop about years ago when I bought it and trid to run the repair but nothing happened So I ve booted Ubuntu from a CD on my laptop and scanned windows using Clam antivirus It detected viruses and I ve deleted them However my laptop still doesn t want to start up I ve run diagnostics and it came up with an error of hard drive error code - This is where I am stuck I tried looking online how to fix it but all of the solutions require Windows running which I don t have May be I could fix it from Ubuntu Any idea would be greatly appreciated Many thanks T nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-with-fixing-hard-drive-error-1000-0146-after-virus-infection.1027772/
Relevancy 59.77%

Suddenly my dell latitude d620 stopped working. Message when I boot the laptop is "Start DST Short Test - no hard drive detected - error 1000-0141".

I removed the hard drive (hitachigst travelstar) and placed another one from another laptop. The laptop worked well. I placed the 1st hard drive in the 2nd laptop. I got the same error as above.

So is something wrong with the hard drive???

When I shake it gently, I can hear a small part moving inside. This doesnt happen in the 2nd hard drive. So is something broken too?

A:Start DST Short Test - no hard drive detected - error 1000-0141

"...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" (Sherlock Holmes)

Seems to be the case. But don't worry too much, hard disks are inexpensive and easily replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-dst-short-test-no-hard-drive-detected-error-1000-0141.885567/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a dell inspiron 1720 notebook that's about 17 months old. It started crashing,freezing,shutting down & restarting. After trying to run the DST self test i recieved error code 2000-0146. I've been told the hard drive is failing. If so can i erase or overwrite the hard drive.(i have all the installation cds that came with the computer. and everything has been backed up?

A:dell (dst error code)

you can try to revive the drive by downloading manufacturers(check drive for make) diagnostic utility.

Write zeros to the drive (It will wipe ALL data from drive!)

Run full diagnostic check.
If fails - RMA or bin it.

If ok - reformat - carry on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-dst-error-code.886371/
Relevancy 57.19%

My screen states
"Your CD?DVD drive during this boot cycle is f: A RAMDISK drive is available for this boot cycle as C:
It contains several Hard Drive setup tools. Please use these tools only under the direction of Dell Support Staff.

WHAT IS THE CODE !!!

F:\> ___________ ????????

A:What is Dell Hard Drive setup tools CODE ?????

That would be a better question to ask on the Dell users forum where there are Dell "expert users". I used to do a lot of desktop support on the Dell forum and never heard of this. It must be something related to Laptops.

Here is the link to the Dell Laptop forum section Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/276835-what-dell-hard-drive-setup-tools-code.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am using Dell DataSafe to restore some of my files to my computer after dell replaced my hard drive. Problem is that every time i try to restore the files it get the error code: BuEng_2203 MD5 validation failed, backup aborted. i searched the dell support forums but can't figure out what this error message means. any help would be very much appreciated. thanx in advance

A:dell datasafe error code Please Help

MD5 is a hash of the file created to be sure the file backed up is the very same as the original, for some reason the hash did not match.

Bookmark this page
http://support.dell.com/support/top...d=31B6994B7CB0BD26E040A68F5B283EF0&doclang=en

(LA2203:InvalidMd5) This error typically means there is a corrupt or damaged file in the backup set, or one of the backup archives being created is corrupt or damaged. The best course of action is a full scandisk to repair any possible damaged files or sectors on the computer.Click to expand...

scandisk = chkdsk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-datasafe-error-code-please-help.929697/
Relevancy 57.19%

What does the error code 4C mean? I've tried looking it up on the Dell site, under the online-manual for my XPS 730, and under the slot of "4C", it says "Reserved" and offers no reason as to what the issue is. WTH?

A:Error Code 4C on my Dell XPS 730 motherboard?

I believe I have the PHOENIX BIOS for my computer. Which leads me to assume my 4C code error means 'Shadow Video BIOS ROM"...

What on earth does that signify?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-4c-on-my-dell-xps-730-motherboard.962031/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a dell 926 printer. I just replaced the ink cartidges in the printer and received this 1203 code. I cannot print at all. I took the cartidges out and cleaned them and still not working. I disconnected the printer and then plugged it back in , still not working. any suggestions.Thanks

Relevancy 57.19%

problem: when I shut down the laptop, it automatically restarts and fan rotating with high speed
I did diagnose test. I found this error
Msg: Hard Drive 0 - self test unsuccessful. Status: 79
Msg: Error code 2000-0142

Suggest me what should I do

A:Dell Xps l502x error code

The hard drive has failed - you need a new, 2.5" SATA notebook drive.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994534
Relevancy 57.19%

my Dell XPS400 HDD has no OS becouse i had to delete had virus. 
Also myHDD has 2 disks, 1 disk on port 2 error occurred (0) the other disk is fine.
how can i format or run a virus chk.

thanks for the help               kabars

A:my Dell XPS400 HDD has no OS and a HDD error code 4

Please run the free, bootable antivirus checks and the rest of the diagnostics (especially the hard drive diagnostics) from here:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

You can obtain OS recovery disks from Dell.  Here's a link for users in the US:  http://www.carrona.org/recdisc.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579671/my-dell-xps400-hdd-has-no-os-and-a-hdd-error-code-4/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988623
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

20160315_Security_Driver_WDRHG_WN64_3.3.14.68_A19.txt

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Nothing?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678872