Windows Support Forum

Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Q: Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 102.34%

hi,

After two days of trying to install 7 pro 64. I worked out that by removing 2gb of ram I was able to install 7 without any problems. Before it would take hours and then eventually give up. If i try to add the other 2gb stick of ram it hangs at the windows logo.

Ive tried 7 32 bit and that worked fine with 4gb. Also vista 64 bit and that was fine also.

Any suggestions?

2.4ghz dual core, corsair ram, asus pn532 something, 1tb sata

A:Works fine with 2gb but doesnt work at all with 4gb?

We are discussing this already, as we have many times. Have a look.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit doesn't support 4GB RAM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31313-works-fine-2gb-but-doesnt-work-all-4gb.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

A:Ethernet won't connect to router, wifi works fine

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi I have a ZyXEL wireless router - it has worked without issues for years However yesterday evening my wireless router suddenly stopped broadcasting a signal different PC s and a wifi dongle attached to our TV were suddenly all unable to find my network The loss with ethernet. of Sudden fine works wifi, WLAN light on the router was still lit up I connected my Acer Aspire Z laptop to the router via an ethernet cable and it worked fine I connected to the router and it said there were no errors I phoned ZyXEL support this morning and they dialled in confirmed the router was reporting it was working They installed inSSIDer on my PC and verified no signal was being picked up - but other local wireless networks Sudden loss of wifi, works fine with ethernet. were being picked up They suggested buying another modem as it was very old and could have just reached the end of its life So I bought a brand new Sitecom N x modem this morning connected it up and have the exact same problem All the right lights are on the modem solid WLAN DSL and Internet lights I can connect via an ethernet cable but none of my devices can find a the wireless browser but can find other networks and connect to them I ve spent hours on the phone today to various tech people and gone through channel switching changing encryption etc but nothing has worked The router is sat in the same place it has been for the last years and the laptop is inches from it but still no joy As far as I can see I ve ruled out PC problems - different PCs running different Windows versions - neither can find my network but can find others ISP issues - I can connect to the internet via ethernet Modem specific issues - I ve tried different modems both have the same problem - both manufacturers support say quot it does sound strange quot but cannot suggest what might be causing it Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I have a Win system Everything was working until a few days ago and then the Ethernet connection stopped The activity LEDs work but the Ethernet will not connect The Wifi works fine through the same router as the Ethernet is plugged into Here is what I did so far Rebooted PC full power cycle Rebooted router MSCONFIG to disable all unknown services and apps Replaced Ethernet cable Tried a different on Unidentified works fine - Ethernet Network Windows Wifi 7 - port Confirmed Ethernet driver is latest version Deleted Ethernet driver anyway and reinstalled Reset IP Stack Set TCP IPv to static IP and defined the DNS server Confirmed the adapter's advanced settings were Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine correct Connected to a USB Ethernet adapter that I know works and has worked before on Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine this PC Nothing I did in the above list worked - Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine Ethernet does not connect The activity LEDs are working The Network Connections shows a plugged-in Ethernet as an Unidentified Network Here is the IPCONFIG ALL Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name London Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -D -B - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc a ea c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASIX AX A USB to Fast Ethernet Ada pter Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F BE -BD - D - E - E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E F A - C - C- DE- A DDA FFD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I am a total loss I thought it was a hardware problem at first but the fact that it does not work on a USB Ethernet adapter tells me the problem lies somewhere in Windows Any help is appreciated Konacq

A:Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine

What router is it and have you tried plugging your modem into the pc it self to after rebooting both devices sans router? Could your router have like enabled mac filtering perhaps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387345-windows-7-unidentified-network-ethernet-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 98.9%

So the xFinity technician just finished installing everything and left went online, Wifi works perfectly but the problem is with the Ethernet although it is able to connect and says it has access to internet when i go online it doesn't. Maybe some useful info, when i hover over the icon it shows my Routers name and Internet Access then Unidentifiable Network and Internet Access. I installed whole new LAN drivers for my motherboard and it still doesn't work, tried enabling and disabling device, uninstalled my WiFi's driver and still dint work, restarted PC and it still doesn't work. Any thoughts?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73132-just-got-internet-wi-fi-works-ethernet-connects-bu-no-int.html
Relevancy 98.04%

My desktop with Windows Vista is connected to the modem with a standard ethernet cord, and when I try to plug the same cord into my laptop I don't get any internet access. My laptop is running Windows 7. I have tried powering the modem off for 15 seconds multiple times, but to no avail. I am just trying to make this connection work until I purchase a router.

A:Desktop connects fine to internet via ethernet cord to modem, laptop doesn't

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-connects-fine-to-internet-via-ethernet-cord-to-modem-laptop-doesnt.1008469/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi! I have a problem. I have wifi connection on my laptop but it doesn`t work now. I need to plug ethernet cable in my laptop in order to have an internet. And wifi lost all known networks. Can you help me?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does-4597111/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi again this problem does not apply for me but for a friend he asked me to post this here since he cannot does fine Internet work, connects Browser not use any of his browsers Recently my friend found out that his browsers does not load most websites Sites they could load are Browser does not work, Internet connects fine Google searches on Google and TD Canada Trust Sometimes he is able to load a web page but the images and advertisements would not come up For Youtube the video loads fine and fast but the icons and the images do not Online gaming and downloads are also in order which indicates that the connection is stable This problem persists for both Internet Explorer and Firefox He has tried turning off all his firewalls and anti virus programs windows integrated and Trend micro resetting internet explorer reinstalling Firefox clearing all data virus scans Even System Restore to a previous date Basically all of the basic fixes we could think of but the problem still exists Searching the forums and Googling this did not yield any results for most of them are Norton-related problems Any contribution is appreciated thank you in advance

A:Browser does not work, Internet connects fine

Did you try reinstalling firefox or internet explorer? If you could load some websites but not others, it may also appear to be an antivirus block/ad blocker problem. Did he recently install any new antivirus protection?

~bingoness

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/browser-does-not-work-internet-connects-fine-306412.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 95.03%

I've been running a set-up with my two roommates for almost 2 years now. We use a hard-wired router for internet connections, and recently mine quit working. I still can connect to the router itself, but not to the internet. The other two computers still have great connectivity. I've tried manually changing the I.P. address which doesn't solve any problems. Cycling the router and/or modem does nothing, and repairing the connection tells me that nothing is wrong with it.

It's been really frustrating and I'd love to solve this problem. I haven't tried directly plugging my computer into the modem (instead of through the router)...would that tell me anything? Any help would be fantastic.

A:Computer connects to the router, but not to the Internet... Others work fine

Ok, I have tried direcly connecting to the modem and the same problem happens. It says that I am connected at 100mps (just like the router) but i cannot access anything online. Pinging sites such as google comes back negative. Running ipconfig/renew or release does nothing (i think because I put in a manual IP...if i have it set to find its own IP, it gives me Limited or No connectivity). ipconfig/flushdns comes back ok. I'm pretty stuck here...could it be something wrong with my laptop's hardware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-connects-to-the-router-but-not-to-the-internet-others-work-fine.100518/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi!

My MacBook works fine with my linksys router and RR internet. My wife's toshiba laptop running vista establishes a connection, but will not browse the net. My neighbor says she's having the same problem with her PC when trying to connect to my router (we live very close together).

I've tried the diagnose & repair and a few other fixes I've read online but no luck. Thanks forum!

A:Macbook connects to Wifi fine, PC connects but won't browse web

Hi.May we see:
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 8.8.8.8

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macbook-connects-to-wifi-fine-pc-connects-but-wont-browse-web.1018106/
Relevancy 94.17%

Can anyone help?

My computer icon shows my computer connects to the internet by (the computer icons are lit with the globe in front) however the internet programs will not work. Such as I E, and my other applications.

What can I do?

I have pinged the computer, it is sending and receiving.

I have reset the I E browser.

Gone to connections and all internet settings are at default.

I turned firewall off as well as security program.

Any help?

A:Computer connects to the internet, however Internet programs such as I E doesnt work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-connects-to-the-internet-however-internet-programs-such-as-i-e-doesnt-work.884709/
Relevancy 93.31%

I'm sure this has been asked times but I cannot seem to find my exact issue anywhere Hopefully this helps myself and anyone who runs into this issue To start I have Windows Professional bit Everything worked fine with absolutly no issue and then I moved Now Ethernet=No But Internet Works Fine Wireless we have Ethernet=No Internet But Wireless Works Fine Fios instead of Comcast Now to the issue When I have the ethernet connected I cannot get internet access but I have full network access I went out and purchased a new wirless card and wirless works just fine I tested different cables recrimped both of them and nothing I have activity on the PC and the Router so I am sure they are good I have tried everything I have read online Updated Realtek Family PCI Ethernet drivers from MSIglobal Disabled Enabled ipconfig flushdns release and renew I went as far as Backing up and reformating the Hard Drive and before reinstalling the backup I tested it and nothing Restored my backup file and yep nothing Its kind of frustrating I'm not exactly and expert but i am in no way a novice either This one has me stumped Im thinking maybe it is a windows service that is not set to start correctly but I figured I would creat a post while I am at work and maybe have and answer to test before I hunt through the services tonight Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Ethernet=No Internet But Wireless Works Fine

This sounds more like a router problem to me. Have you tried resetting your router then using the ipconfig /all command?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86411-ethernet-no-internet-but-wireless-works-fine.html
Relevancy 92.88%

hi

i got a new router and a new connection

the wifi is working on my pc, laptops, ipad. but not on the phones. got a samsung galaxy and an iphone 5

not a range problem. even if i am standing next to the router the problem is still there.

the phone connects to the wifi. thats all. cant use the net then

please help

thanks

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi All I have Windows Vista home premium I moved from Chicago to Boston Before I left Chicago I tried removing kaspersky internet security as my laptop used to heat up and shut down often you can hear the voice from laptop when more process are running and it shut s down While uninstalling kaspersky the laptop shutdown half way I moved to Boston I tried connecting to wireless it does not work It shows connected excellent signal strength but bytes received Wireless works fine for other room mates on their laptops If works, not cable does wifi Solved: work ethernet I try connecting from cable internet works fine Pasting the ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name compaq-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E -BB- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bd ea f ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work October AM Lease Expires Saturday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE-FB- - - E-EC- E-DA- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- E-DA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E CF- F- D - FDE-F EC B DEA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description isatap hsd ma comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pls help I also attached the pic of wifi inspector Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last four or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-works-wifi-does-not-work.1111550/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 90.3%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 88.15%

I have been using my ASUS X53E laptop on the WiFi at my university for the past 4 months with no problems connecting to the internet. A few days ago, my internet suddenly started going in and out. It will work alright for about an hour, and then it will stop working completely, even though it says my WiFi connection is still "excellent". However, when I plugged in an ethernet cable, it has been working perfectly with no problems.
No one else around me has been having problems with the WiFi - it's just me. Any ideas?

Relevancy 87.29%

Hi all!

I have a problem with my university internet. I can connect fine through wireless, no problems at all.
However when I attempt to use my ethernet cable, I have a connection for 5-10 seconds before any webpage I attempt to access is directed to a portal to log in with my university ID and password. Once I do so and the portal has confirmed that I have access (the user/pass has worked), the display page tells me to retry my original URL, however the internet connection does not work and I am not able to access anything. Any help? Thanks!

I have gone to the help center at my school and they were unable to help me

Relevancy 86%

Last night my Internet suddenly crashed and now both Internet Explorer and Firefox are unable to connect to the Internet although Skype strangely works perfectly This makes me think it is a DNS issue but I don't know how to proceed I have tried Restarting Resetting winsock IPv IPv dnsflush Changing proxy settings currently there is no proxy Using different connections I am on a browsers don't Skype works work' but Internet fine wired connection although two different wireless connections get the same results System restore When I first tried system restore I chose the nearest point to restore Internet browsers don't work' but Skype works fine to and was met with quot The specific object was not found x quot Clicking run Internet browsers don't work' but Skype works fine system restore then resulted in quot Catastrophic failure x FFFF quot IPv and IPv are both set to automatically aquire DNS and IP Removed Bonjour just to be safe Took down all firewalls Ran a full virus scan I can ping my IP default gateway and DNS servers along with any other IP but I cannot ping URLs Attempting to connect to a URL results in quot Server not found quot and connecting directly to an IP results in a connection time out I'll try to upload what I believe to be the relevant bits of my ipconfig Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Internet browsers don't work' but Skype works fine

Here is my ipconfig screenshot, hopefully this information is helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210218-internet-browsers-dont-work-but-skype-works-fine.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi! First post, sorry if it's in the wrong place :\
I have a Dell Inspiron running on Windows 7, and this problem has persisted for quite a while. When I attempt to use wifi, it appears as connected, but I'm not able to connect to any webpage. Any ideas on what I could do?
Thanks!

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help!

I'm in a rental condo. There's secure Wifi. My iPod will connect (we have the password) but my Dell Latitude laptop running Windows XP won't. (Only message is that it is waiting for the network, which eventually times out.) My laptop does connect to an unsecured wifi signal I can pick up in the same unit (from somewhere else).

I have tried unplugging/replugging the router, but since it's not mine, I don't have reconfiguration capability or anything like that.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: Laptop won't connect to 1 Wifi, will to another. iPod connects fine to both.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wont-connect-to-1-wifi-will-to-another-ipod-connects-fine-to-both.1077336/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 79.55%

Can someone help me with the issue

I set up adhoc connection in my Toshiba Settelite A 300, Window 7. Connection goes into the tray and i can see it in my iphone 4g, 16gb, 4.2.1OS phone even full signal strength is shown on top. But when i go to open safari, i receive the message, safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet

In my wireless settings, it shows ivp4 - internet access & ivp6 - no internet access

please help me

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
I had posted earlier also in this forum and d prblm got solved as it was a driver issue. Now again i have got a similar prblm but is not a driver issue. I have a P7H55 Asus Motherboard with the ethernet port and cable working fine individually. However, when i connect them together, the ethernet light on the router remains stable as if connected but still the desktop shows not connected. This time i have installed the drivers which came from the motherboard manufacturer and are the latest. In the Network and Sharing Center, the icon is enabled. It does not show cross sign. Please help me out.

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all First of all I want to thank you guys in advance for putting your time and effort to solve my issue any Ethernet fine, works Wireless doesn't answer would be grateful to me My internet provider is At amp t and as I mentioned Wireless works fine, Ethernet doesn't in the title wireless internet works perfectly fine but Ethernet connection doesn t work on my desktop Currently I am using wireless adapter on my PC and it works just fine I tried disabling the wireless connection resetting the modem re installing the Ethernet driver and anything I can think of The odd thing is that my brother used Ethernet connection just fine with his desktop about three weeks ago with same router and same cable So I am assuming that my computer is the one with the problem but I can t figure it out why I m going to try out the different cable tomorrow but I highly doubt it will fix my problem Help me guys If you need Wireless works fine, Ethernet doesn't any other information ask away I will give it to you as much as I can Attachment file is my network and sharing center status unidentified network is my ethernet connection Here is my ipconfig all result Windows IP Configuration Host Name Junbum-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List attlocal net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC- F-F - - E-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ef ea Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C-B - D-E -F - A- - D- - D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter VPN - VPN Client Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VPN Client Adapter - VPN Physical Address -AC- -E -D -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix attlocal net Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapter Physical Address F - A- - D- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a f e c be cb Preferred Temporary IPv Address a f a a a fc b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e c be cb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday April AM Lease Expires Saturday April AM Default Gateway fe ff fe DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled nbsp

A:Wireless works fine, Ethernet doesn't

Odds are that the NIC has failed.

Another low possibility (in addition to cable and router LAN port) are the PC's firewall or security suite misconfigured or corrupted.

Another thing to try: in Device Manager right click on the ethernet - Properties - Advanced tab - for the 'Speed & Duplex' property try different values beginning with '100 Mbps full duplex' and '10 Mbps full duplex.'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-fine-ethernet-doesnt.1146347/
Relevancy 77.83%

Earlier my desktop was works on fine desktop. Ethernet not but on laptop Solved: to b in d same place where the router was der Everything worked fine Now I Solved: Ethernet works fine on laptop but not on desktop. decided to shift my desktop to another room I have kept the router at the earlier place only I have brought a m long new cat cable When I connected it to my desktop the orange led on ethernet port do not light up and the desktop is unable to detect the ethernet cable and hence the internet connection On the router a light of ethernet keeps on blinking every second I was worried whether my ethernet port got fried So i inserted another ethernet cable but then the ethernet orange light came and the pc detedted the connection Therefore I thought the cable might be faulty Therefore I connected my laptop with that m cable But my laptop detected it and showed the internet connection But now when i again connect the cable to my desktop there s no light and the pc does not detect it However if i connect the m cable to my desktop then during boot the ethernet light on router is stable just as when it is normally connected to the internet But when i go into windows it starts blinking every second My router is MTNL Model No UT- R Desktop - Asus P H core i Laptop- HP Windows Ultimate on both desktop and laptop nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am on a Win 7 based computer. New apt, new internet connection. Old router.
Connects to net fine with an ethernet cable.
Connects to the wifi signal (strong signal) with password authentication BUT no internet access.
All my laptops are experiencing the same issue- so it does not appear to be related to the computer.
I then connected the ethernet cable to a Linksys E2000. Again, good signal, clear connection BUT no internet access.
What can I do??
IPCONFIG/ALL>myTCP.txt did not produce any results in DOS (why??)
Thanks in advance.....

A:Wifi connection issues- fine on ethernet

IPCONFIG/ALL report:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : subra-tablet
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : westell.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-5E-C0-40-B0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 0C-60-76-4A-97-6C
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7997:4b52:9da9:c46e%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:22:44 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:55:35 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 302801014
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-55-C9-E7-55
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::790e:7ddd:2dfe:6f71%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.30(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:26:38 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:56:07 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 335553971
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

PPP adapter Broadband Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadband Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 117.202.95.249(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.147
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F6FA6232-213B-4DE8-A4CA-916428E73370}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:75ca:5ff9::75ca:5ff9(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::c058:6301
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.14... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-connection-issues-fine-on-ethernet.202175/
Relevancy 76.97%

Got an issue with using the Ethernet where it would Blue screen my PC. If I use WiFi, it's fine but the moment I use Ethernet it crashes with a paged fault in non paged area BSOD. I have updated drivers, cleared and reupdated drivers to noavail. Also bought a new NIC and cat5 cable and it's still causing stop errors.

A:BSOD while plugged into Ethernet fine with WiFi

For more specific troubleshooting steps, please follow the blue screen posting instructions.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Crashes point to a problem with your display card and possibly your RAM. I also see Service Pack 1 is not installed, which may be the underlying factor for all the crashes.

Update to Service Pack 1 (SP1)Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [August 2011]

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [August 2011]

Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

Service Pack 1 Download site
-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-while-plugged-into-ethernet-fine-with-wifi-688956.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Recently I performed a reinstallation of windows on my laptop. Normally I had no problems with the wireless, but after the reinstallation my laptop refuses to acknowledge that there are wireless networks. When I'm not connected to the internet, it asks to connect using a wire connection only.

I have a Dell Inspiron iM101z running Windows 7 Home Premium, and I downloaded all the drivers for what the Dell website told me my laptop model was, a Dell Inspiron 1121. Attached is a picture showing the oddities of my problem. The icon on the taskbar shows that I have to connect with an ethernet cord; no wireless icon is shown.

If I try to unplug the ethernet cable and connect to the internet, I only get the option to do a broadband connection. Also, once I unplug the cable, I get "no connections available."

A:Laptop refuses to detect anything wireless, ethernet works fine

Most likely this is still a driver problem.

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

Or, http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...&advsrch=False

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242262-laptop-refuses-detect-anything-wireless-ethernet-works-fine.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a slightly different setup so I'm hoping somebody might have some suggestions on what I can try.

I have Comcast Xfinity Internet and a Motorola SB6121 model - have all worked great for years no problems.

I have the modem in my garage with a wifi router and a router for various rooms in my house. My home computer is in an office and previously I had a wired connection that worked great.

I changed wifi router to a new Netgear and the internet connection from the modem is working, the wifi is working, but my home computers ethernet connection will no longer connect...

Any thoughts on what to try other than powering off and on model / routers / computer which I have tried?

Mike

A:Changed wifi router, now ethernet doesnt connect - Win 8.1

You can only have one router on your network. For extending coverage, you use Access Points

As for the Ethernet problem, go back and double check your connections to the router.

If you cascaded routers in what are called "Edge Routers". Changing your first router, without any changes on the others can be why you only have a connection to one router and not out to the Internet.

It is really easier to show someone what they did wrong, then explain on a forum.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70367-changed-wifi-router-now-ethernet-doesnt-connect-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi! My hp laptop doesn't get signal from my belkin wireless router. It picks up my neighbor's unsecured signals, but mine says "local only". My ipod touch doesnt get any problem picking up my router's signal. I can only use the internet when i connect my ethernet cable. I don't see any problem with my router (coz the ipod picks it up), as well as my laptop (it picks up other signals!) so it's so frustrating!!! i also checked if it's compatible with vista (it is!) so i have no idea why they're not connecting!!!

my OS is vista
HP laptop
Belkin router...

im sorry but im not much of a techie... if you need more info, just send me a message here please.

any help is much appreciated.

thanks

A:my laptop doesnt get wifi connection from my router, only thru ethernet

Hi Jhaenine,

The problem seems to be with the wireless computer only. Because the other wireless device shows connected to the wireless network. To isolate this issue, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks (on the left hand side of the page).
2. Remove all the preferred wireless networks if any listed on the page.
3. Click on Connect to a network > select your wireless network and click connect.
4. Type in the proper wireless security keys if prompted, that would show successfully connected to the wireless network.
5. Try going online and that should work. If the problem persists, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Network Connections (on the left hand side of the page) > Right click on Wireless Network Connection > Properties > Highlight Internet Protoco Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) > Properties.
2. Select "use the following ip address" > type in the ip address in the range of 192.168.2.xxx (Where x refers to 2 to 254) > Subnet mask will be automatically 255.255.255.0 and type in the default gateway as 192.168.2.1
3. Select "use the following DNS" > type in 4.2.2.1 in the preferred and 4.2.2.2 in the alternate DNS and click ok and ok.

That must work.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-doesnt-get-wifi-connection-from-my-router-only-thru-ethernet.883401/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an XP pro machine setup to connect to the internet via a crossover cable to my laptop which has its wireless connection set up with ICS.

The problem is that i cant view any web pages i get the error

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information"

Skype is connected fine so i presume i have the network set up properly.
It is a clean install of windows (it was working fine before i wiped the computer)
I do not use it that much but i would like it to be able connect for Microsoft update etc.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

A:No internet connection for browser but skype connects fine

Hello DBRode, welcome to TSF!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrode

I have an XP pro machine setup to connect to the internet via a crossover cable to my laptop which has its wireless connection set up with ICS.

The problem is that i cant view any web pages i get the error

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information"

Skype is connected fine so i presume i have the network set up properly.
It is a clean install of windows (it was working fine before i wiped the computer)
I do not use it that much but i would like it to be able connect for Microsoft update etc.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Would you please do the following:
Click on [Start]
Click on "Run"
Enter "cmd" (case insensitive) and press [Enter], or click the [OK]-button
Now type: "ipconfig /all" (note the space between the "g" and the "/")
Scroll up to find your network interface card (NIC)
Look at the line that says "IP-address"

What IP-address is listed there?

Now do the same on your wireless laptop, beside the IP-address, also look at the line that says "Default gateway". Please post these IP-addresses too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-internet-connection-for-browser-but-skype-connects-fine-181715.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I just got a new modem (Arris) and the new netgear (R6300) router. I have two major problems. 1st, My wifi works fine, bu my LAN doesn't. 2nd, my internet will drop randomly, a couple times a day. I'm slightly tech-challenged. Can anyone help? I can post any information when needed.

Relevancy 74.82%

Hey,
My desktop is connected to my router via cable. And it randomly gets disconnected from time to time. I've tried re-installing drivers. I get the red X on my network icon in the taskbar, which usually happens when a cable is unplugged. I fixes it self after a minute or 2, its never longer than 1 minute, usually 10-15 seconds, and it happens ever 10-15 minutes.

My wifi works fine, and I have a vonage box connected to my main router which works fine too. It's just my desktop. I've tried different ports, same problem.

I'm heading home in a few hours and I've picked up a new 5 meter cable to check with.

What else could be the problem if the new cable doesn't fix it.

My network adapter is the on baord one on the Asus Maximus Formula.

Thanks.

A:Network randomly disconnecting. Wifi works fine.

Seems to be something wrong within the cable or could be the network card within your pc? Did you try the cable on any other pc or that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269535-network-randomly-disconnecting-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I've been having this issue recently On my laptop the wifi works fine and then a little while later it can't connect at all it looks like it's connected then disconnects and then tries connect again etc All the other devices connected to the router is fine only mine is the problem I tried looking at device manager the Intel Centrino Advanced-N is enabled updated and in the properties it says that the device is working properly The problem does go away temporarily when I turn off the router wait a little and then turn it back on but soon afterwards I continue to have connecting issues Here's the info Is this a wired or wireless connection issue Wireless Who is your Internet Service Provider ISP Verizon What type of Broadband connection are you using Fios What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem Router or Modem Router Combo - Linksys D-Link Netgear TP-LINK etc Router Actiontec Not totally sure What is the Name of the Anti-Virus Security or Firewall Software installed from the problematic Avast Ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address C - - - - F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server can't connect. a works fine of Wifi sudden then It issues. all DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - Wifi issues. It works fine then all of a sudden can't connect. - - -BF-C - - - - Wifi issues. It works fine then all of a sudden can't connect. -DC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C - - Wifi issues. It works fine then all of a sudden can't connect. - - -DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -BF-C - - - - -DC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C - - - - F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap home Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E - DA - E A-A C- E B E B EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c e e f fef Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e e f fef Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wirrus Wifi info http i imgur com dX b IW png JWZDQ is the router

A:Wifi issues. It works fine then all of a sudden can't connect.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Thanks for using the basic requirements, all info provided were very helpful. Your Xirrus capture looks good, no issue there, however, I see that in your wireless connection you're using Public DNS, why not change the DNS'es to auto same as your LAN DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1. You'll have to click on Obtain DNS address automatically....Please follow this Tutorial.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...cp-ip-settings

Also, it's best to use WPA2 with AES encryption for a better secured network, you're currently using WEP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300927-wifi-issues-works-fine-then-all-sudden-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 74.39%

So I am attempting to connect to the wifi network at my girlfriends place which I have done fine previously but my laptop Network works devices. but with other find specific Cant Wifi fine cant find it at all I have tried restrarting my laptop installing new drivers for the atheros wireless adaptor resetting the router but it still wont show up It connects fine to other older and newer devices and works fine when connected via ethernet Cant find specific Wifi Network but works fine with other devices. cable but it is hardly practical to sit on top of the router all day My laptop detects other networks fine such as those of the neighbors and connects to my Cant find specific Wifi Network but works fine with other devices. own home network fine I have also tried deleting the saved network and manually connecting to the network while also checking the box about connecting even if the network is not broadcasting its SSID Still nothing I also checked power management settings and made sure it the network adaptor was using max performance power settings Previously when I set up their router it was broadcasting on a single channel between and cant remember exactly which and I have no reason to believe they have changed it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corp Base Board Product Name Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Xirrus screenshot attached nbsp

A:Cant find specific Wifi Network but works fine with other devices.

connect by ethernet and have a look at the name and channel- it could be using channel 12 or 13 which is allowed outside the US but your PC is using channels 1-11 if US based setting

look at the SSID name and if indeed set to broadcast

I have seen that issue a few times - although xirrus usually shows the channel

all those signals are very low

whats the name of the wireless signal at your girlfriends
and where is that xirrus screen shot from - your girlfriends ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-specific-wifi-network-but-works-fine-with-other-devices.1103734/
Relevancy 74.39%

wifi shows limited on laptop but works fine on phone . netsh ,ipconfig , formated the laptop but nothing is working .please help 

A:wifi shows limited on laptop but works fine in phone

Dear Customer, Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum It looks like you are not able to connect to the Wireless Network with your Notebook Please read the tips and steps shown below, find out what is relevant to your current situation and tryperforming some steps which might help resolving the issue 1. Check for the Wireless Light, Try turning ON the Wireless by pressing the Wireless Button 2. Check if Wireless[WLAN] is enabled in BIOS 3. Check if you have yellow "!" mark or red "x" mark for Wireless Adapter under Device ManagerNote: Right Click on the Adapter, Uninstall the driver and restart the Unit[Windows will load the drivers again] 4. Check the last time wireless was working fine and perform System Restore, Reset the BIOS to setup defaults bytapping F10 Key under BIOS 5. Power OFF the Unit, Remove the AC Adapter & Battery, Press and hold the Power Button for 1 full minute 6. You can also download and install the latest BIOS Update for the Unit from HP Support Site 7. Uninstall the Wireless Drivers again from Device Manger and this time download and re-install the drivers fromthe HP Support Site 8. If you are using HP Wireless Assistant on your Unit, Please uninstall the same and re-install it again 9. Check if your Wireless Card detects any other Wireless Network nearby, in that case delete the existing wirelessprofile and re-create the same 10. Incase if all these steps doesn't fix the issue, you can try removing and reseating the Wireless Card on the UnitNote: Please do this step only if you are comfortable doing it  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-shows-limited-on-laptop-but-works-fine-in-phone/td-p/5801563
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello!
I just got a new modem (Netgear) that I replaced the old one (D-Link). The wifi is working perfectly, laptops, iPads etc. is working all fine.
The problem is, the computer that uses Ethernet cable isn't working at all. It's says 'Internet service unavailable' and the networks name went from 'unidentified' to 'Network 2'. Both computers using Ethernet cable isn't working and I have updated drive, try to see if it is the routers (Belkin G wireless)fault etc. Even my printer isn't working even though it uses wifi. The printer tough says 'Press router's WSP button' but my router doesn't have one.

So how can I fix this problem and make those computers work?

(Sorry for the description/language, I only have basic computer knowledge)

Thanks!

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi guys I cant connect with my Wifi but with the ethernet cable it works fine Here s my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ACER gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No connection but works, wifi Ethernet not WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Ethernet connection works, but not wifi disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address Ethernet connection works, but not wifi - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edc d b ccb Ethernet connection works, but not wifi eaa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - B- - -C -E -D -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC D- CF- - EB- B A C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F DDE A - FB - A-B B -DC FB E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab af cc d c e c Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe af cc d c e c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - D - F -AB - B D FE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users ACER gt netsh winsock reset catalog Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset C Users ACER gt netsh int ipv reset reset log Reseting Global OK Reseting Interface OK Restart the computer to complete this action C Users ACER gt netsh in ipv reset reset log Reseting Interface OK Restart the computer to complete this action C Users ACER gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edc d b ccb eaa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - B- - -C -E -D -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Ethernet connection works, but not wifi

what happens when you connect to a wireless signal ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-works-but-not-wifi.1130907/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hoping someone can help me connect to my new wifi A few days ago I just had comcast cable internet home phone installed all run through a modem router combo I ll try to post some more specific details below So TV and phone are working great And actually even the works, Ethernet but connection not wifi internet is working great I just can t connect MY laptop to the internet I can connect my iPhone and Kindle Fire w o difficulty And if I plug into the ethernet cable I can get the laptop to go the internet But when I connect to my wifi connection I end up with only a local connection On a side note the first time I tried to connect to the signal my computer asked me to set up a profile for it WLAN profile I think And I did stupidly I vaguely remember having a problem with that in the past but I had tech support at my college that fixed it I have restarted both the modem router and my computer multiple times I have tried to repair the connection with Windows I have tried tech support with comcast but they keep referring me to the computer manufacturer There is an unsecured signal nearby I CAN connect to tried out of curiosity to make sure it WASN T the laptop but I don t want to pirate so instead I stay tethered to my ft ethernet cable I have searched google and reddit to no avail I do not claim to be tech savvy but I can follow directions Ethernet connection works, but not wifi pretty well just be Ethernet connection works, but not wifi specific step-by-step Last night out of desperation I tried the Geek Squad online chat to help but I can t stomach for what I m sure is a simple problem So on to details Router modem combo--SMC network Model number SMCD GNV Encryption TKIP AES Laptop--Sony VAIO ish running Windows Vista Can anyone help nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I ve been having a problem of late where ethernet doesn't Wifi works, my ethernet connection has been unable to gain internet access and reportedly shows the network as being unidentified It will be unable to connect for a long period during the day and then regains access However if I connect my USB Wifi adapter it picks up the network immediately and internet connection isn t a problem This is the ipconfig all whilst both USB Wifi and ethernet cable are connected C Users Owner gt ipconfig ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Marty-PC Wifi works, ethernet doesn't Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - C- D-E - C-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Wifi works, ethernet doesn't Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- D-E - C-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ae a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -AE- - C-F Wifi works, ethernet doesn't - -EC-EB- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - -EC-EB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fcce baf d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -AE- - C-F - -EC-EB- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D E BED- - B -AF - E B B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - CC- AE - C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B ECB -CBBE- DA-AA E- B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Once I installed windows 10 as I received update thenafter both ethernet and wifi did not work. Therefore, I downgraded my system to the inbuilt 8.1 and now the wifi is unable to connect while its been detected by the system. My MODEM's wifi is perfectly working on my cell. Kindly guide me to solve the issue at the earliest.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-working-but-ethernet-works/td-p/5715870
Relevancy 73.53%

I just moved and have been trying to get my PC connected to the internet at my new place. I have a Dlink AC750 dual band wireless router, and my computer has no problem connecting to it wirelessly. However I cannot figure out how to connect directly by ethernet. I have a cable running from the router to the back of the PC, but the icon in my tray just says 'No connections are available'. I have also tried connecting directly to the PC bypassing the router. Everyone I have spoken to, including tech support, has told me that you "plug it in and it just works". Am I missing some step in getting my PC to recognize the ethernet cable?

A:WiFi works, ethernet doesn't

Hello mate have you tried updating the LAN driver for that machine and even simpler a new cable??

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395168-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm running Windows XP, Service Pack 3, 2002 version, Internet Explorer 8. Whenever I try and run Internet Explorer, it says that it can't display the page, for whatever reason, suggesting I diagnose connection problems. I've uninstalled all the toolbars I can find, but that doesn't help a bit. Yet I can properly browse the internet perfectly fine with Firefox 3.5.

It's worth noting two things: I recently had a virus infect the computer, posing as antispyware, which I had to wrestle with for an entire morning before Spybot S&D got rid of it. The second is that the MSHTML.DLL (when i use the command regsvr32 mshtml.dll in the Run window) "loads, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered."

Is there anything I can do about this? Any more information you might need?

A:IE8 won't work, but Firefox works fine

I actually fixed the problem myself:

I went to 'Internet Options' -> 'Connections' -> 'LAN Settings' -> and unchecked the proxy server option. Worked like a charm. (however, I think this is only for some types of internet connections. As in, it might not work for everyone, but probly will)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-wont-work-but-firefox-works-fine-439186.html
Relevancy 73.1%

ok i meant try your problem here for an answer like this post http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/797474-internet-connection-but-cant-get.html please note this is not meant to point to a solution just making the point clear

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connects-dns-works-no-webpages.797606/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi there, thanks in advance.

I've had this computer a few months and so far it works great. Then today I turn it on and try to go on the internet and it says I have no connection. Tried plugging and unplugging the cable, wiggled it around, tried to connect it with a different cable and I still have no internet. The cable is in, it tells me there is a local area connection and all, but when I go to properties there is not IP, etc etc.

I have it on a network, if that helps, and none of the others have this problems. The computer prints to a shared printer attached to another computer on my network, so I tried to print something to see if that was still working, but it says it can't due to an unknown error.

Is there a fix for this?

A:Computer seems fine, but the ethernet input doesn't work?

You might try cycling the modem and router.
Unplug the power from the back of the router and modem for 10 seconds.
Plug the router back in and let it boot up,then do the same with the modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-seems-fine-but-the-ethernet-input-doesnt-work.747504/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I have just arrived at a friends house to stay for a while and my laptop does not connect to the internet properly through the wireless yet ethernet through not through but cable the internet to connects Laptop wireless works perfectly when plugged into the router directly through ethernet cable it is not the actual router s wireless that is broken because there are three other laptops that connect and work just fine I have done several virus scans using AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy and other than incredibar nothing has been found so i dont think it is a virus I Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless thought it might have been the to adapter so i disabled to no avail The problem is not connecting to the network as that works fine and every now and again i can get minutes of internet use before it stops working most of the time still saying i am connected to the internet for an extra minutes then saying i have a local only connection I did and ipconfig all when plugged into the router and this was the result Windows IP Configuration Host Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -C -EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-B - F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd af ac c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - -B - - -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -B - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bcfe bf a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - -B - - -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb bc d f fff Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe bc d f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And when it is just the wireless Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -C -EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-B - F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd af ac c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Cl... Read more

A:Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee

i would remove AVG - see below , that could be blocking

as you are getting an IP

this does not often work on wireless - but try anyway
- try safemode with networking
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode with networking - see if that works

also try a TCP/IP reset - see below

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

AVG Removal Tools
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-the-internet-through-ethernet-cable-but-not-through-wireless.1069516/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have Lenovo laptop and my internet works just fine when the cable is connected but Wifi does not work It shows that i have excellent signal on the side but it just wont connect When i type with Wifi not cable Laptop works Ethernet but in password it says quot Windows cannot connect to XYZ quot I use Windows and my wireless network adapter is Atheros AR C Users MY gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -D - -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Laptop works with Ethernet cable but not Wifi Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -CB- -FC-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AE- D-DE- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d af d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November AM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway fe ff fe b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f ca f fefd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ca f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D DE-EF - E -A B -BB A C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AAE A - - DAF-AE E- BA B CACF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC - - - -EAF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of what it shows nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Running Win 8.1 on Lenovo Y410p. Verizon FIOS router, Actiontec MI424WR (Actiontec[1] ).
Everything was running fine until last night. No internet when I connected to the router with an ethernet cable, but the wifi still works. I ran windows troubleshooting diagnostic and it said ETHERNET DOESN'T HAVE A VALID IP. Restarted my laptop and the router, changed ports, got a new ethernet cable, tried hooking up another laptop, still nothing. It shows up as Unidentified Network with No Internet Access. Xbox is also connected to router via ethernet, that isn't working either. The wifi is working but it's shoddy, every few minutes it'll lag, Chrome will go into NOT RESPONDING mode for a second or 2 and then go back to working. Wifi is also prone to dropping out and coming back at times.
Please advise.

A:Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, wifi still works?

Power cycle your ISP Modem, router and computer(s).

Power all off
Remove power from modem and router for 30 seconds or so.
Connect power to modem, wait for it to finish booting and stabilize
Connect power to router, wait for it to finish booting and stabilize
Power up computer with Ethernet cable already connected

If still not working: collect IP configuration information as follows:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:

Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.
Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.

Paste the following into the Command Prompt window, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" | find /i "proxy" >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close. Paste the information in a reply here.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67626-ethernet-doesnt-have-valid-ip-wifi-still-works.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a USB keyboard which normally works fine but is not working when I enter the BIOS. (Which I am trying to do BTW so that I can boot from the the Win10 ISO install disk. I'm on Win7 now and I've tried the easier way many times but it always fails.)

The keyboard is plugged directly into the PC (i.e. is not going through a hub).

If it might matter the motherboard is a Gigabyte MA78G-DS3H which supports AMD Phenom and Athlon processors.

I used to use a non-USB keyboard on this machine but that port stopped working so I don't think I have the option of trying a non-USB keyboard.

I wouldn't mind replacing this system but I am too busy to do that while the upgrades to Win10 are still free.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob

A:USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.)

not all bios's allow the use of a mouse, newer UEFI Bios's do but on older machines it's not an option , but for your keyboard you could look for a Legacy Option in the bios under USB which should allow USB to work outside Win7 too.

you could check the PS2 ports are still enabled too while in the bios

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55577-usb-keyboard-does-not-work-bios-but-otherwise-works-fine.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All Windows IExplored - amp Crome- do not work Error net ERR NAME NOT RESOLVED Unable to resolve the server's DNS address IExplorer - works just fine I've been researching my issue for a few days now and have no success inplementing the recommended fixes I've found which included - I'll rip them off for you without looking up the exact phrasing command line winsock flush ets quot bit work. Win7-64 bit 64 fine. No 32 NOT works browser does Turn Windows features on or off quot uncheck restart recheck Complete un-install of windows Internet Explorer and re-install from Windows update module Tools internet options reset There seems to be something fundamental to the Windows Ultimate operating system that is preventing the bit browers from working There are potential issues that I feel may have contributed to this situation I had installed ASUS Gamer OSD When I tried to operate the program it said I had installed a bit version and it would not run on a but system Suspecting this to be a potential cause I tried to unistall it but it would not No 32 bit browser does NOT work. 64 bit works fine. Win7-64 go I No 32 bit browser does NOT work. 64 bit works fine. Win7-64 bought Uninstall Tool www crystalidea com and used 'force removal' This appeared to largely remove it I then searched the registry with regedit and removed all evidence of GamerOSD amp SmartDoctor wich was installed at the same time as GamerOSD Unfortunately this did not fix No 32 bit browser does NOT work. 64 bit works fine. Win7-64 the situation I had also recently installed a Startup delay application to 'feed in' certain startup applications upon booting the system I wasn't happy with how it worked and uninstalled the program AFTER using the startup restore feature I fear the resore feature may not have resored the startup proceedure properly I've scoured through msconfig to see if there was anything obvious but could not come up with anything There appears to be something wrong with a low level operation that does not allow or recognize a bit browser from opperating Any help would be appreciated THANKS

A:No 32 bit browser does NOT work. 64 bit works fine. Win7-64

Welcome to Seven Forums Zippy2Dix. have a look through this thread:

Internet explorer 32-bit does not work, but 64bit does

Particularly a suggestion in post#38

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201978-no-32-bit-browser-does-not-work-64-bit-works-fine-win7-64-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have recently encountered a problem with my PC,WI-FI works fine but my PC shows unidentified network. when i reset the modem and set it up it works fine but after some time it reverts back to its original state. Please help me

regards,

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1527 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 2 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 99898 MB, Free - 69680 MB; D: Total - 188468 MB, Free - 146175 MB; E: Total - 188469 MB, Free - 187787 MB; F: Total - 29996 MB, Free - 5637 MB; G: Total - 99 MB, Free - 61 MB; H: Total - 40876 MB, Free - 40749 MB; I: Total - 40876 MB, Free - 9340 MB; J: Total - 40868 MB, Free - 6361 MB;
Motherboard:
Antivirus: Quick Heal Total Security, Updated and Enabled

A:LAN doesnt work, but wifi does

do you have other devices connected at all
if so , do they also disconnect

W7 Ultimate
did this come with the PC ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-doesnt-work-but-wifi-does.1171937/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I could not get my brother s Asus A to connect to Internet via wireless router wired or wifi through wireless router does not work DSL modem to Asus ethernet works I m able to connect to Internet through my Sony VAIO wired but Wifi Internet no connects, or Wifi through wireless router Configuration phoneline gt DSL modem gt Netgear wireless router Brother s Asus runs Win XP using the XP s Wifi connects, but no Internet wireless not Asus wireless driver Currently using Windows Zero Configuration http paininthetech com disable-wireless-zero-configuration-in-windows-xp Here s the ipconfig all both wifi and ethernet connected to wireless router which I learned from http forums techguy org web-email -wireless-connected-but-no-internet html Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt ping google Ping request could not find host google Please check the name and try again C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt ping www yahoo com Pinging www yahoo-ht akadns net with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name eric Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - -F -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS g Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - C-BE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday November AM Lease Expires Thursday November AM C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt Any tips I don t know what else to try out Thanks ka edong nbsp

A:Wifi connects, but no Internet

So when its on the wired connection it works?
1st off I see a few things..
1 the wired connection has a manuel IP address setup.
2 The Gateway that the wireless is getting has got to be wrong. 1.1.1.0 would be a network not a node.

Try setting a static IP address for the wireless card and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connects-but-no-internet.770857/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I'm a forum virgin so please be gentle with me.

I have a desktop and laptop sharing files and an internet connection via modem to D-Link router setup.

My laptop connects to the network via a Netgear PCMCIA wireless card when mobile and via an ethernet cable when sitting on the desk.

The wireless connection does everything it's supposed to do (network and internet access and sharing).

The ethernet connection only shares files but can not get an internet connection to be established.

I have Norton Internet Security but I think everything's alright with that otherwise I wouldn't be able to connect wirelessly. Correct? Are there different IP setup's for wireless/ethernet.

Why can I 'see' my desktop's files and share the printer via ethernet but I can't establish an internet connection unless I go wireless?

Everything's fine with the desktop.

Sorry for the ramble and thanks in anticipation.

A:Wireless fully works, Ethernet works for network but not for internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-fully-works-ethernet-works-for-network-but-not-for-internet.642157/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello Every One
I have the admin laptop and it works fine except the wireless. The wireless works fine if i take it out from the domain and join the workgroup.

I have used the domain admin account and the machine local admin account and it does not work.
The hardware is OK and seems enabled with no problem except it does not see any wifi network.
The Laptop run Win 7 Pro.
Best Regards

Raid 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fcb4b7b-a5a3-43ef-b91c-f0e740ba9a76/wifi-cannot-detect-any-network-when-i-join-the-laptop-in-domain-it-works-fine-when-back-to?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, my modem doesnt work when i plug 2nd ethernet cable in to it i am trying to link another pc to me modem but it just makes the lights flash and then doesnt work i tried it in different ports still doesnt work i also tried my xbox in it that doesnt work either iv have internet for 2 years and also plugged my xbox in now and agen and it worked fine but just recently doesnt want to work any ideas how to fix it ??
Thanks jake

Relevancy 71.81%

Hey everyone,

I am not sure if this question has been asked before on the forums, but recently, after installing Windows 7 Professional on my netbook, there has been a problem. I think it may be a problem with the wireless card or something..?

But anyway, before I had Professional, I had Starter, and that worked perfectly with the wireless internet. Now, however, I can only connect through ethernet. I know it is definitely a problem with my netbook, as before, the netbook could recognize all the routers, etc., on the street, and now it can't even recognize the router right next to me. Also, my phone is able to connect to my router perfectly fine...

I am running a Samsung N130 Netbook with Windows 7 Professional (x86), I bought the netbook at around November 2010 .

Thanks very much for your help everyone, and I am perfectly happy to supply more information if you need it

A:Solved: Samsung netbook only connects to internet through Ethernet Cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-samsung-netbook-only-connects-to-internet-through-ethernet-cable.1081723/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a PC desktop computer with XP Pro, and I'm running a wired network both at home and at work. At home the computer connects to the internet without a problem. At work I get limited or no connectivity. I've tried other computers on the same internet connection, and they work fine. On the computer from home, I've flushed the IP uninstalled and re-installed the ethernet card, used xp winsock repair software (This usually works on 99 percent of the situations), replaced the cat 5, checked all the tcp-ip settings, tried pinging an ip address, (nothing), and still nothing works. I'm not a novice at this, but I'll be darned if I can think of anything else to try. Help? BTW the work network is running from the modem to a switch. The home network is running from the modem to a router.

Thanks,

Charlie

A:Limited or no connectivity at work, works fine at home

Hi cquante, and welcome to TSG.

Any chance you can post full IPCONFIG /ALL results for the computer when it can not connect at work as well as for one of the computers at work that can connect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-at-work-works-fine-at-home.857465/
Relevancy 71.38%

This is complicated hope I work works printer USB to wirelessly connection through ) Can't (which get fine explain reasonably clearly I have been running my Dell XPS M laptop and networking it WIRELESSLY to my Dell Photo All-In-One and printing has been no problem For the internet I have been using AT amp T s DSL through a Wire router The DSL which barely manages a mbps Can't get printer (which works fine wirelessly ) to work through USB connection connection speed is the best connection we can get where we live To boost my speed I added a digital internet connection from Time Warner Cable through which I can receive Road Runner Turbo in my area I use this connection for when I have to do heavy researching on the internet downloading etc It is great -- I get almost mbps So essentially I have a wireless LAN with my AT amp T DSL and another LAN which is through the digital cable modem recently installed by my TWC tech I just have to switch between the two by choosing the network I want to use Problem is I can print just fine using my original wireless network but I have now hooked up an ethernet line USB computer out to printer input between my computer and printer so I can print things off the internet when I am using the digial cable internet connection and it will not print I get the message that communication is not available although my printer shows up in the menu list etc I ve tried re-attaching wires re-booting etc but nothing has worked Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-printer-which-works-fine-wirelessly-to-work-through-usb-connection.916194/
Relevancy 71.38%

I get the following error. "The peripheral does not appear to be plugged in"

I've updated the driver and it says the realtek device is working fine. Sound worked just fine on this computer but then stopped. I do not have external speakers. How can I plug in the speakers or fix the problem?

A:My computer speakers do not work but headset works fine.

I suggest you to check if your motherboard supports for your Windows audio drivers

Before that if you change your audio driver ?

http://www.facebook.com/100003250779989

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/221444-my-computer-speakers-do-not-work-but-headset-works-fine.html
Relevancy 71.38%

A Cortana one. works fine new work on older computer; won't on few days ago I upgraded my Windows laptop to Windows and took Cortana for a bit of a test drive It wasn't great but it might be useful on some occasions Today I bought a brand new laptop which installed Windows when I powered it on After the installation I was checking things out a bit and wanted to verify that Cortana Cortana won't work on new computer; works fine on older one. was working on the new laptop Cortana promptly told me it was not available in this region This makes no sense to me I was in Southern Ontario Canada both times although in different cities within the area I can't believe that Cortana would work in London Ontario but NOT in Kitchener Ontario which is only an hour east of London Does anyone have any idea how I can coax Cortana to work on the new laptop It's not that it's a must-have app for me but it might be useful on occasion or even fairly often if I give it half a chance

A:Cortana won't work on new computer; works fine on older one.

Hi, have a look at this and see if you can solve your problem.

Cortana isn't supported in the region or language you've selected. - Windows 10 Forums

Win 10 is a bit delicate and can be sensitive to some settings being changed.
There will be other posts discussing this problem- it's not uncommon.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/35050-cortana-wont-work-new-computer-works-fine-older-one.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am using windows XP pro with service pack My computer has been working with succesfully with wifi previously But my landlord installed a new wifi network system and it works for every PC doesnt wifi Solved: on my work computer in the network except mine He doesnt know why On my list of wireless networks it says there is a strong signal for the network and that I am currently connected to it I have entered the network password correctly But it also says Status Limited or no connectivity The network did not assign a network address to this computer If I click the repair button it says Windows can not repair the wireless network because the following action can not be completed renewing your IP address For Solved: wifi doesnt work on my PC assistance contact the person who manages your network I think that the transmitter router does not want to communicate with my computer I dont know why In wireless network connection status gt properties gt internet protocol TCP IP gt properties I have the following boxes checked obtain IP address automatically obtain DNS server address automatically My wireless card details wireless-G PCI adapter device type network adapters manufacturer Linksys IP address I have been told that an IP address in the range of xxx xxx like mine is what windows assigns to itself if the adapter is connected but can t find a DHCP server Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I've been dealing with this issue for a couple years and it's driving me crazy. Everything in my house connects to my main wifi signal without issues. My laptop however connects to the signal but I cannot get internet or see any devices. I always have to be on my guest network with my laptop. I've tried resetting my router, updating the firmware in the router, renaming the main wifi signal, resetting my wireless network adapter on my laptop, updating the the network adapter firmware in my laptop, and reinstalling the network adapter. I have no idea what else to try but I'm fed up not being able to use my laptop to simply print to my wireless printer or setup various electronics with my laptop. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

A:Laptop Connects to WiFi but Internet Not Available

Can you do our scans lets see whats going on post results PCHF System Scans

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128015-laptop-connects-wifi-but-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My laptop is a dell1300, windows vista. I was using it at the library friday surfing thr web and it was fine. I put it on hibernate to use the restroom. When i came back, it said it was connected to the wifi but I couldnt get internet access. I tried the wifi on my phone and it was working. Other people seemed to be able to use the internet fine too. I tried restarting my computer and the wifi by turning it off then on and it says its connected but I cant get internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connects-to-wifi-but-no-internet-access.1110157/
Relevancy 71.38%

My laptop connects to my home router and shows connection to the Internet but the only program that connects is Windows Update programs connects to Wifi Internet, don't. My browsers - Firefox Pale Moon IE Chrome amp Comodo Dragon - all are unable to connect None of my other updatable programs can connect either security programs driver updaters etc I am sending this from my desktop I run Win Home Premium SP on an HP G- The router is a Netgear N We have Optimum Online but I had the same problem with FiOS My Wifi connects to Internet, programs don't. home wifi works fine with our tablets and smartphones My router supports g and n as does the laptop They connect over n I ran all the tools available via the Control Panel to no effect I used to use Comodo Firewall but tech support at my school required me to remove it and use only Windows Firewall I went into the firewall settings and set permission for all browsers and other programs with no effect Back when my antimalware programs were up to date scans showed no problems I have run out of good ideas Please help nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I have an HP Pavilion g - cl Laptop running Windows I bought it new refurbished about a year and a half ago Until recently I ve had no problem connecting to the Internet via WiFi But recently although everything says I m connected to our home WiFi and things are working swimmingly I cannot access anything on the Internet I get messages like Unable to connect or Cannot show this page We have other computers on the same WiFi and none of them are having a problem I ve tried several remedies based on tips I ve seen on the Internet using a different computer of course For example I Deleted all the temp files Flushed a bunch of stuff using the Admin Command Prompt ipconfig flushdns nbtstat R nbtstat RR netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt netsh winsock reset Disabled Webroot Connected to the router via an ethernet cable Tried System Restore to about a month earlier Nothing helped Any suggestions Bill

A:Win 8 HP Laptop Connects to WiFi but Not to the Internet

Airplane mode and firewall settings are what come to mind. try disabling your firewall. if you can connect, then it's one of the settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53627-win-8-hp-laptop-connects-wifi-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi There I recently moved house and got Virgin internet not wireless All Wifi ethernet Intel works and working, PC phones does. other with a new router modem I have an oldish laptop whose wireless has always worked Since setting everything up with the new router the wireless doesn t work When plugging in the ethernet cable everything is fine I know it isn t the router as I have a mac Intel Wifi not working, ethernet does. All other phones and PC wireless works and a bunch of iphones and ipads hooked up I have googled this to death and updated all the drivers of the laptop restarted the wifi card updated everything I could on this laptop and I still can t figure out why the wifi wont connect I hope that you can help Details are below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire T Antivirus Sophos Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Ip Config file Run without the Ethernet cable plugged in Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jo-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - E- - -DC-EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - F- -B - E-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E E -E D- F E- EE- E AF EBD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F F A- A - FB-ABE - AF E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Intel Wifi not working, ethernet does. All other phones and PC wireless works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-wifi-not-working-ethernet-does-all-other-phones-and-pc-wireless-works.1106926/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys - setting up computers in my new home and have got the wifi working fine with my BT connect wifi Router to Ethernet Cannot via BTHub3 but Wireless works - Home Hub router works for laptops mobile devices etc Have been trying to connect via Ethernet for a laptop and home pc for a faster more reliable connection but it doesn't seem to be working When plugged in the Network and Sharing Centre simply displays the loading blue circle with 'identifying' but no network access When clicking on the Local Area Connection Status both IPv and IPv connectivity state no network access but I can't seem to find Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works any hardware problems on the laptop The same issue occurs for other laptops at home and I know my laptop works with Ethernet at work Running ipconfig all shows that DHCP is enabled I checked this on the properties tab for the IPvs autoconfiguration is enabled I can add in a copy and paste of the whole ipconfig all if that's helpful - 'media disconnected' shows for Tunnel adapters but I don't really understand what they are If anyone could help at all I'd be really grateful

A:Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works

Could be that the router is only set to wifi.
go to your router setting page open it (192.168.0.1) check the settings there,
password is probably admin if you havn't changed it, please do change it if you havn't.

Or plan B reset the router

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377034-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-bthub3-wireless-router-but-wifi-works.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I m trying to figure out if my problem is my graphics card EVGA GTX GB or my motherboard Biostar TZ A LGA This computer is a brand new build Please click my system specs for more details I have two PCI-E slots There is one x slot and one x slot of the time my machine freezes a few seconds after powering card in work, in Graphics x4 ?? fine works x16 PCI-E doesn't the slot on at the Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ?? BIOS logo screen or a few seconds after that while inserted in the x slot Sometimes it works however yet it is so infrequently that I ve given up on the x slot for now It will even freeze after I ve entered my BIOS settings page even just while browsing around in it The same graphics card in my PCI-E x slot works fine if you ignore the fact that it s running at it s potential speed At least I can boot the machine up I ve spoken with a few different professionals about this and the conclusion is that my problem lies either a with my PCI-E x slot or b with my GTX Apparently the graphics card COULD work just fine in the x slot and still be damaged Now I know that you re going to tell me to try a different card in my computer or try the card in a different computer However that isn t practical for me at the moment I was wondering what you guys think or if anyone has experience with this first-hand What are you leaning towards Mobo or Gfx card nbsp

A:Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ??

Should also have mentioned that I've run three passes with Memtest86 without any errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-in-pci-e-x16-doesnt-work-works-fine-in-the-x4-slot.1016147/
Relevancy 70.52%

hi i'm having a wifi problem once i've  upgraded to windows 10to be short , my wifi is disabled and i cant activate it neither manually ( Fn + F12 ) or authomatically (via windows )i tried to update my drivers ( they are all updated ) and the strange thing is that my bluethoot works perfectely !i'm having also a driver that says it is damaged it has a yellow triangle in it , this is its name ACPI\HPQ6001\2&DABA3FF&3thanks for your help

A:WIFI doesnt work after the windows 10 upgrade

JayForce wrote:hi i'm having a wifi problem once i've  upgraded to windows 10to be short , my wifi is disabled and i cant activate it neither manually ( Fn + F12 ) or authomatically (via windows )i tried to update my drivers ( they are all updated ) and the strange thing is that my bluethoot works perfectely !i'm having also a driver that says it is damaged it has a yellow triangle in it , this is its name ACPI\HPQ6001\2&DABA3FF&3thanks for your helpThat damaged driver is the wifi button driver. Which wifi adapter is installed? Have you tried installing the driver in compatibility mode? Right click the driver installer softpaq and click on troubleshoot compatibility.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-doesnt-work-after-the-windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5178058
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a brand new ASUS X54 C laptop. It detects the wireless network, and will connect to the network, but it shows "no internet access." When I ran the troubleshooter it said "default gateway not available." I updated Windows and my drivers, and that did not help. I had Comcast check the new router, and they said it was okay. My cell phone connects to the internet perfectly through the same wifi...I'm out of ideas. I can connect to the internet by ethernet, but that's all.
Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 70.52%

Pavilion g7-2010 running Win7, will connect to router but has a yellow exclamation point.  All other computer in the house connect fine.  Have tried releasing the ip, reinstalling the lan and wifi adaptor drivers, and system recovery.  This is a new computer purchased today.  Please help.

A:Wifi connects but will not connect to internet - pavilion g7...

I understand your new system is having some Internet issues.When it is connected to the wifi, is it obtaining DHCP information from the router? This can be obtained by going to the command prompt and entering ipconfig.You mentioned other PCs work fine. Are any of them also running Windows 7? Has the router's firmware been updated? A router firmware issue can cause some devices not to work properly while others do work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connects-but-will-not-connect-to-internet-pavilion-g7/td-p/2708271
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi All I hope someone can help me as i am to wifi 7 64 router PC New Windows but to bit, not connects internet pulling my hair out here I have a new laptop with Windows bit pre-installed The symptoms are that it won't connect wirelessly to my router at home but will connect with a wire to the same router and furthermore it will also connect either wired or wirelessly to the network at my office this is an unsecured wifi network I never have any problems at work only at home and only then with wifi - wired connection works fine I did an IP config thingy and got this I hope someone can help Thanks in advance Windows IP Configuration Host Name RB-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- -E - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ba ad e Preferred IPv New PC Windows 7 64 bit, connects to wifi router but not to internet Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - - C- - New PC Windows 7 64 bit, connects to wifi router but not to internet - -EB-D - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controlle r Physical Address - - -EB-D - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - - C- - - -EB-D - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef b ca c f feb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ca c f feb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled

A:New PC Windows 7 64 bit, connects to wifi router but not to internet

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Try refreshing your wireless network profiles by removing all of them then just add your own SSID (wireless network).
Wireless Network - Remove

If that didn't help, you may changing your wireless security (WEP, WPA or WPA2), make sure that you are on WPA2, it's the safest and most secured.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264022-new-pc-windows-7-64-bit-connects-wifi-router-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

I konw this subject has been introduced to the boards many times, but having read through the threads I am still unable to connect.

At home everythgin works fine. WIFI connects every time. In hotels I locate the WIFI, connect no problem and immediately Skype clicks in, showing that the connection was successful. I can then Sykpe normally. But when I try to open a website, any website, I get the same message that the site in unavailable. Every hotel the same. I have gone through the settigns, tried everythgin, tried the troubleshooter, not luck. When I open my work pc in the same hotels (XP) no problems. Please help me before I throw the pc out of the window.

I am running a netbook on Windows 7 Starter.

Thank you!!

A:WIFI connects but unable to open Internet

When the connection appears to be good but you can't get the browser to go anywhere it usually has to do with winsock being messed up or the TCP/ip stack isn't right.

Try running this batch file which will reset winsock, reset the TCP/IP stack and release renew your IP.

If the connection works at home but not on the road it could be a DNS problem or your A/V software or firewall is somehow blocking the connection.

Download Renew IP + Reset Winsock Batch File

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130509-wifi-connects-but-unable-open-internet.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, My notebook connects to the wifi (BT hub) just fine, but after some time (could be anywhere between 2 mins and a couple of hours) the yellow warning triangle appears over the wifi connection icon in the bottom right which states "no internet access". When this happens, the other devices in the house are still connected with internet access. the only way to fix it is to restart my notebook, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't in which case I restart it again until it works. If I connect by ethernet, it is fine. I have updated wireless card driver, and tried all of the broadcast channels auto, 1, 6 & 11 but the same thing happens. Any ideas??? Thanks Andy

A:Notebook connects to wifi, but after some time "no internet ...

Hi ,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the WiFi discconecting. I will be glad to help you. The following pages are helpful when troubleshooting wireless connectivity issues.Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Forget a Network (Windows 10)Forget Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Notebook-connects-to-wifi-but-after-some-time-quot-no/td-p/5671213
Relevancy 70.52%

My laptop connects to all wifi networks and connects to them, but then stays set as local and doesn't actually go to internet and allow me to go online as normal.

I've tried many different wifi networks, the laptop connects to the local library's wifi and goes to internet (usually) but on every other network I try (tried about 5 others around town and home) it stays set to local, meaning it doesn't go to internet.

I have tried to Google the problem but it doesn't really make much sense to me.

Any ideas on how to fix this so my laptop can go on the internet on other wifi networks?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129307-laptop-connects-wifi-but-only-local-not-internet.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So my pavilion g7 windows 10 laptop, connects to the Internet, I can use it momentarily, about an hour or so and then it shuts off, the Internet does. Then it'll sit there for quite a bit (a couple hours) and then turn back on, but it goes on and off and at the same time that my phone and tablet and my mother's windows 7 computer that still uses the internet. No problems.. I have tried almost everything and I am unsure of what to do.. I need help. I have turned off the router and restarted my computer and used cmd as administrator and all of these processess do not work. It's very frustrating.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connects-but-will-not-connect-to-internet-pavilion-g7/td-p/5665574
Relevancy 70.09%

hi i have a old computer , it works fine right now , but i had to get it repaired over 5 times and i had to pay the guy around ?20 each time , the pc works right now

but

there i a problem when i want to boot a cd xp from the pc ( install xp agin) the keyboad works fine when the pc is on like on word ( its a usb keyboard) but when my pc crashes i and i want to to to the boot menue and i add my cd in it says' press a key to begin' bang my key board just doesnt work , press all the buttons and none of them work

my pc is working fine right now but i would like to take precuations so i cant boot the cd my self , why dosnet my keyboad work i tired another usb keyboard aswell and same problem

if possible help thanks

A:Old xp computer keyboard works fine but when on boot menue it dont work

I think you will probably need to temporarily connect whichever alternative keyboard (PS/2 or AT) the system has input for, enter the BIOS setup as indicated on the boot screen, and enable an option which is commonly called Legacy USB. The system should then respond to the USB keyboard prior to Windows starting.

This often occurs on older systems when the CMOS data has been reset back to BIOS default values. Make sure the CMOS backup battery hasn't gone flat, or it is likely to happen again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297905/old-xp-computer-keyboard-works-fine-but-when-on-boot-menue-it-dont-work/
Relevancy 70.09%

Recently I'm getting some trouble with my home server and I thought I'll ask here before but work doesn't file/service works sharing fine Display/VNC troubleshooting it myself a bit short on time I didn't notice it for some time because it is fully automated and works by shared resources and telnet I noticed it when I got back home and nothing D lights ventilation and many more are connected to it When I tried to use VNC it failed When I went to the box and checked display there was no BSOD just black screen like when PC is connected to power but turned Display/VNC doesn't work but file/service sharing works fine off After Display/VNC doesn't work but file/service sharing works fine restart everything worked fine I set up some Display/VNC doesn't work but file/service sharing works fine logging and dumps in case of error bsod and left it be After one day I tried to use VNC and it failed display was dead too Services and shares worked FINE tho Power off restart buttons DIDN'T work I had to hold off sec After restart - logs clean no dumps main suspect VGA card What do you think did you ever encountered anything similar What can be failing Most likely OS or hardware error

A:Display/VNC doesn't work but file/service sharing works fine

After some observation VGA is fine, no power problems either. It looks like its a mobo problem (noticed wrong system time). I'll sit through post next time I restart it and reset bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-vnc-doesnt-work-but-file-service-sharing-works-fine-469899.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. When I am at work the wifi connection works perfectly fine. However when I go home the wifi is extremely spotty. It will work and then randomly I will have trouble opening a webpage or checking my email. It will say my network connection is unavailable. The strange thing is my wife's wifi on her laptop will work perfectly fine even when mine is not. Is there a setting on my laptop that is getting messed up as I move between networks? Thanks for the help.

A:Wifi is fine at work but spotty at home on just my laptop

it maybe the signal strength
lets have a look at the signal at home
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-fine-at-work-but-spotty-at-home-on-just-my-laptop.1158206/
Relevancy 70.09%

Got me stumped! My Sony Vaio connects to the net fine at work but at home shows connection to the wireless network but no internet access. Any thoughts appreciated! BTW I'm using a Netgear DGN1000 & IE.

A:Unable to connect to net via wifi at home but is fine at work

Is this a company issued machine ?
Sounds like it should of been connected to your home network before your work network if it was a personal machine ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/288200-unable-connect-net-via-wifi-home-but-fine-work.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My I-go AC adapter charger which has an input of 100-240V -1.5A 50-60 ghz, output 19.5V 90 w max
my charger works fine while on the internet but doesnt seem to charge while im playing a game. I have tried playing on fullscreen and windowed mode but the laptop simply doesnt charge while playing games.

How do i get my laptop to charge when playing and stop it from going back and forth from charging mode to battery mode?
OS name: microsoft windows 7 premium
OS version: 6.1.7600
directx:10
Cpu:Intel (R) core (TM) 2 duo cpu p8700 @ 2.53GHz
manufacturer: genuine intel
voltage: 1.2v
motherboard model: g72gx
motherboard manufacturer:Asus tek computer inc
video card: nividia geforce gtx 260M
wireless network connection: atheros AR928x wireless network adapter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger-works-while-browsing-doesnt-work-while-playing-games.968778/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys i recently bought a windows tablet from Onda that came with full licenced windows didnt upgrade from anything and i reset it as soon as id finished fiddling about with it and testing it so i could set it up fresh it worked perfectly before resetting it and it connected to my wifi fine but after it wont find any internet connections and when i click the wifi icon in the corner it says connections unavailable ive tried the reg delete thing as doesnt tablet windows work 10 after Wifi resetting it has vpn on it and i googled around trying to find a fix one of which suggested if you upgrade from windows that vpn breaks the wifi so this might be similar however the command prompt didnt find the reg key thing it was supposed to delete so that was Wifi doesnt work after resetting windows 10 tablet a no go ive tried diagnosing connection problems and it resets the wifi adaptor but nothing improves ive Wifi doesnt work after resetting windows 10 tablet also tried updating the wifi driver but it says its already up to date and i cant connect to the internet on it to search for another adaptor ive contacted Onda but theyve just offered to replace it if i send this back which im a bit wary of doing as they might just deny recieving the item and im out whatever it costs to send to china tracked could anyone please help me this was what i tried Step- Execute the following command and then press Enter reg delete HKCRCLSID f -a ad- bf- - cbbc ba va f Step- Enter the bellow command and press Enter netcfg -v -u dni dne it couldnt find the reg to delete

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/33656-wifi-doesnt-work-after-resetting-windows-10-tablet.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi Guru's Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter It happened so many times Sometimes it used to come back to normal when with off good with Adapter Internet and works -laptop in works but Wifi on Built i switch my Modem amp router off and turn Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter it on this time it does not work even if i restart my modem and router But it works perfectly fine when i attach a Wiressless adapter to Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter Laptop Any help is appreciated Posting Minitool box log amp FSS log below MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Vinodh administrator on - - at Running from C Documents and Settings Vinodh My Documents Downloads Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content localhost IP Configuration Net Adapter Connection Connected Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Local Area Connection Media disconnected Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- Interface IP Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ip Interface IP Configuration for Local Area Connection set address name Local Area Connection source dhcp set dns name Local Area Connection source dhcp register PRIMARY set wins name Local Area Connection source dhcp Interface IP Configuration for Wireless Network Connection set address name Wireless Network Connection source dhcp set dns name Wireless Network Connection source dhcp register PRIMARY set wins name Wireless Network Connection source dhcp popd End of interface IP configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name vinu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - F-B -CA- -AF Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - - -BA- B-DD Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter and try again Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x f b ca af Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport x ba b dd Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Persistent Routes None Winsock entries Catalog C Windows System mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows System winrnr dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows System mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Program Files Bonjour mdnsNSP dll Apple Inc Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation ... Read more

A:Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter

Hello are you still having issues? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486181/internet-works-on-and-off-with-built-in-wifi-laptop-but-works-good-with-adapter/