Windows Support Forum

Back to Overclock - Opinions needed

Q: Back to Overclock - Opinions needed

Unfortunately has been few years with no PC rig since I started working and carry notebook wherever I go. But I do remember the good old days where It was great to tweak the rig and squezze every Mhz our of every component. Unfortunately its not that much fun with a notebook

I have most of my components selected :

MSI Z97 MPOWER Max AC
IntelCore i7-4790K
Cooler Master V8 GTS
Corsair HX 1050
980 AMP!
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
SSDOCZ VERTEX 460A 480GB
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
But Im wondering if this a good selection of motherboard / PSU / Memory
What do you guys think, considering I didnt overclock for quite few years now. I want easy but rock stable motherboard overclock..

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Back to Overclock - Opinions needed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Back to Overclock - Opinions needed

Never been to keen on MSI mobos. Bad experience in the past I guess..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-to-overclock-opinions-needed.208346/
Relevancy 67.94%

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=227&model=558&modelmenu=2
MoBo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116001
Processor

Should I use the AI overclocking or do it myself?
Should I use the Peg-link for my graphics cards?

Supreme Commander bogs in big fights

A:Opinions On Asus Overclock

Do it yourself, no AI Overclocking, and do not use PEG-Link. That just overclocks the PCI-E bus, not the video cards themselves. Plus it just makes the video cards unstable while causing no noticeable performance difference. And Upgrade your PSU from a generic brand before you overclock. You shouldn't be running SLI on a generic 450 Watt.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opinions-on-asus-overclock.71915/
Relevancy 67.94%

My PC specs are listed in the pc icon near my name.
They are default like 0% overclocked.

I am wondering if its worth overclocking it?
PC case is http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/midtower/armorjr/vc3000bws.asp

and its in open space. so no fans covered up. Just looking for some opinions weather it will help or not. Temp is around 31C* on average

Relevancy 57.62%

I am attempting my first ever overclock and due to not being minted, I dont want to fry my system.

here is my spec and my bios readings;

P4 3.0E prescott @ 15x200
Abit Ic7 Mobo
1.5Gb PC2700 DDR 533 Ram
Winfast A310 fx5600 256Mb

Bios:
CPU

CPU/AGP/PCI = 200/66/33
CPU - DRAM ratio = 5:4
CPU Voltage = 1.2875

RAM

2.5-3-3-7

2.6Volts

AGP voltage = 1.55V

Also, I have just put the extra 512 MB of ram in my system and it seems to have disabled dual channell. Am I better having 1Gb in dual channel or going for 1.5GB in single channel.

I know this is a biggy so thanks for readind

A:Help needed with first ever overclock:-)

Dual channel has to work in pairs it should be stated this in your MOBO manual.

The prescott can be overclocked but there might be a limit on your MOBO if you go to high. Start slowly and see what happens. Did you replace the standard FAN for the CPU. You might get away with it but I've tried it on my Intel Prescott to the max, it work but was a bit unstable.

If you can do it go with 1GB dual channel, cost is coming down though...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-with-first-ever-overclock.62363/
Relevancy 56.76%

Could anyone give me their opinion of Photoshop 7 please I have it but am finding it a bit difficult to operate,are there any easier programs that I might try?

Relevancy 56.76%

Since this is the best tech. and best informed site on the web, I figured I would ask here before I puchased.I am interested in opinions on the best web cams. I will soon be working out of town on and off and wish to use them to correspond with my wife. they will getalot of use. I am running win ME on my machine and win 98 on my wifes. mine is 533 mghz, hers is 333 if that matters. both are HP machines. I am willing to spend what it takes but I can't afford to go overboard. any replies are welcome and appreciated. thank you all. Cheers, Rev.

[This message has been edited by Rev:678 (edited 02-19-2001).]

A:Opinions needed

Hello? Anybody have any thoughts.thanks. cheers, Rev

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opinions-needed.35402/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask your opinions on a system I'm building (well the first one ever atually, but I've been poking around in my current system already). I'm building it for my grandfather so nothing too fancy, but I'd like you guys to comment and help me improve it maybe
Here it is: (sorry for the dutch)

And also I wanted to know something about accesories: Obviously I'm using an anti-static wrist band and all those precautions, but things like that paste you put on top of your CPU, is it really necessary, or will my CPU fan cool enough without it?

Can't wait to see replies,

Amplid

A:Opinions needed

Oh and also, does anyone know an equivalent for newegg that ships to Europe? Pretty important that is

I just checked the mobo manual and apparently I can't install but two system fans. Am I right saying that that means trouble with that COSMOS 1000 case?

Thanks in advance as always

Amplid

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/155073-opinions-needed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

well i wanted to overclock my cpu so i turned off my pc and turned it back onentered bios, there i located cpu,and went on manually configure, so i did entering numeric details (looked on a website) then i saved and restarted pc,when restarting i noticed the screen wasnt comin on i turned the screen on and bak off then on again no change, i opend pc (turned off first) all was well everything was running, so i unpluged all back cables n replugged, then restarted no change i have absoloutely no clue wat i've done,

PC spec

4600+ 2 x 2.4 amd anthlon 64
2 x 7600gt xpertvision
60 gig h d (LOL!!)
m2n-e sli (mobo)
reg floppy drive
550w psu
2.5gb ram
wireless - wl 138g
soundblast Live!
dvd + cd rw

please help thanks.

A:Help With Bios needed after attempted overclock.

Hi topps and welcome to TechSpot

all you should have to do is clear CMOS. this will reset your BIOS back to it's default settings.

most motherboards have a CLR CMOS jumper. if your does, then turn your computer off and move the jumper into the CLR position for a few seconds, then move it back into the NRM (normal) position. then turn your PC back on.

if your mobo doesn't have a jumper, than you will have to remove the CMOS battery for a few seconds. both methods will clear the CMOS and reset your BIOS.

cheers :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-bios-needed-after-attempted-overclock.73231/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey Vistaforums I need your opinions on a new computer I'm planning to build for my friend He has a budget of and this build comes out to be total Here are the parts Newegg com - Thermaltake V Black Edition ATX Computer Gaming Chassis with Dual Oversized mm Ultra-Silent Cooling Fans VJ G N Z Mid Tower - Computer Cases Newegg com - GIGABYTE GA-MA X-UD P AM AM AM AMD X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards TWO OF THESE FOR CROSSFIRE Newegg com - HIS H FS P Radeon HD MB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics Video Cards Newegg com - OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ MXSP W ATX needed Opinions new computer on V V EPS V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible Opinions on new computer needed with core i - Opinions on new computer needed Power Supplies Newegg com - AMD Phenom II X GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Socket AM W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops Newegg com - G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBPK - Desktop Memory Newegg com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD KSRTL GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives Newegg com - ATOP ACM- B Black Normal Keys Function Keys PS Standard Keyboard and mouse combo set - Keyboards Newegg com - Acer X Wb Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m ACM - LCD Monitors Newegg com - HP Black X DVD R X DVD-R SATA X DVD Burner LightScribe Support - CD DVD Burners Newegg com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit for System Builders w Tech Guarantee - Operating Systems

A:Opinions on new computer needed

Only thing I would suggest is to forget about the 2 4650's and get either a 4850 or 4770, as in most cases either of those will be faster than the 2x4650 (and cheaper as both can usually be found for $100.00 or less). That and you won't have the headache that can come from running dual cards.

Even better is if you can hold off for a week or two as the new HD5xxx cards are supposed to be coming out. Personally I would wait and see what the prices of the new cards are, that and the prices on the older cards is liable to come down some.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/248596-opinions-new-computer-needed.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I bought a new microphone recently, my idea is to record my 6 yr old reading his stories then I can burn onto CD's and hand out as Xmas pressies to the grandparents. My question is.....in XP there is the normal 'recorder' but is there anything a little better and nicer to use elsewhere (and preferably freeware)?. XP's recorder is so basic and will only record 60 seconds, I can bring the slider back to the beginning to give me more time but it seems a pain to do while he is reading, some words he still needs help with and I won't be able to keep my eye on the recorder window!

I have done a search on Google but wondered if anyone already uses a program like the one I'm after, to get some recommendations would be great

Thanks in advance,

Lisa
-X-

A:Recorder opinions needed :)

Audacity rocks. Download it from here...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recorder-opinions-needed.180231/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All,.
With XP Pro installed, and the XP Firewall activated, do I need a 3rd party firewall too? I do not want to bog down my computer with extra programs running in the back ground if it is not necessary. Is the XP Firewall Sufficient?
Thank you
kornball

Relevancy 55.9%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145503 is that memory any better then this memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221133

or is it just a big money game...i eman im building a pc for $3000 and i want good stuff but i don't wanna spend UNNECESSARY money on such a stupid mistake like choosing the memory. i have read the reviews on both kidns of memory and there both excellent...so now i ask for help...which is the ebtter value ALL around(not jsut money)
some opinions would be great on this subject

Thanks to all who contribute any opinions!

Relevancy 55.9%

Well I got promised a job and I'm going to start working in about - weeks Needed Opinions - New Laptop and save my money to buy a new laptop and I'd like some opinions on what I should be looking for in a laptop for I don't know much about specs so maybe some of you can help I am hoping for a decently sized screen maybe around inches and I definitely want it to be Windows I am a high school student going into th grade and I will be using this laptop for New Laptop - Opinions Needed both school work as well as personal stuff I will surely be buying a copy of Microsoft Office for this laptop once I get it I can't get used to Works I want a processor that can have the capability of running most game emulators GBA DS Dreamcast N but I will not play any top-grade games like Crisis I also want to be able to play Minecraft without crashing and needs to be snappy in menus What type of processor should I be looking for Also I've had a problem with viruses on this laptop and I'd like to buy a good protection for the new one Would you recommend a specific name of Virus Protection that I would be able to find online or in a store like Office Depot I know I want about a GB harddrive for storing photos videos music and lots of documents Other programs I will be buying and running here if that matters Photoshop iTunes MS Office Game Emulators ooVoo and MSN So if you can give me any idea of a processor I should use for the above mentioned tasks I want it to be able to run these without a problem I also need a Virus Protection tips

A:New Laptop - Opinions Needed

What is your absolute upper price limit for the laptop itself? I'm not including any other applications/programs that you are going to buy here, I just want a figure for the laptop itself.

In the meantime, have a look at this selection on Amazon. I have narrowed it down to W7 and a screen size of 16 - 17.9 inches. Amazon.com: Electronics > Computers & Accessories > Laptops > Windows 7 > 16 to 17.9 Inches

As regards Virus Protection, many of us (myself included) use Avast!, which is easy to configure and use and, best of all, is totally free if you choose the Free Antivirus download here: avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/170934-new-laptop-opinions-needed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone this is going to be my virgin post for the very first time so hopefully I m doing help FBS, settings? - BIOS fan, Overclock needed Q8200, this in the correct forum So my question is Overclock help needed - Q8200, fan, FBS, BIOS settings? rather simple really but any additional info you guys have could be helpful I ll state first that I m pretty new to overclocking I ve assembled this computer myself over a year ago closing on two years soon and I think back then I had overclocking in mind for Overclock help needed - Q8200, fan, FBS, BIOS settings? the future but it s been a bit long now and I ve lost my memory I think I might ve had some help when choosing parts however I did put the thing together myself Nervously I might add To put it short I have no idea what sort of a cooler fan I should be getting on this processor to make it stay cool and hopefully not too loud Also I m not sure if I need anything additional to make sure the OC is a good idea like perhaps an even juicier PSU or better RAM I ll also list my graphics card if that makes a difference I should note that I did infact try an OC I got up to GHz but with over degrees it soon become unstable in games and crashed so in fear of doing harm to it I reverted back untill I would get a new cooler I thought this forum has some great advice I could ask here You guys seem to know what you re talking about Here s the setup Mobo Asus P Q Processor Intel Core Quad Processor Q GHz MB S - Stock cooler PSU Xilence W ATX V V cm Fan REDWING Ram x GB MHZ DDR CL - - - Graphics card Palit GF GT PCI-E GB GDDR SUPER OS Running under Vista -bit Case Cm Centurion Silver So I need some help in choosing a new cooler Nothing too fancy though just something that works and is affordable I m not too techy so try to use simple terms so I can catch up I know I need to increase some Front Buffer Size in Bios but I ve read some other topics stating that s not the only thing I should fu about with if I am to OC this All help is greatly appreciated EDIT I suppose I should add why do I want to overclock it if it works because it s a good question I can run games fine now and it s been a great setup However now I ve found myself doing live streaming and encoding a live stream tends to eat up a lot of CPU I use only one computer to both play a game and stream it so all the extra juice is needed Usually depending on the game of course the CPU is at at all times nbsp

A:Overclock help needed - Q8200, fan, FBS, BIOS settings?

What's affordable, how much are you looking to spend?

For a cheaper cooler I really like the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. Another good one is the Cooler Master Hyper 212.

Something to keep in mind is that overclocking is not going to free up CPU cycles. It'll make things run faster but if an application is currently taking 100% of your CPU, overclocking is not going to clear that up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-help-needed-q8200-fan-fbs-bios-settings.150108/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everybody Let me begin by saying that I just joined these forums and this is going to be my first post so I hope it is being posted in the correct category Thank you for taking the time to check out my post Well as the title says I am in the market for a new laptop which I plan - For The In Laptop A Needed Market Opinions New on buying in the next few days on Wednesday to be precise but I don't know much about processors and other general specs so I'd like to ask for opinions on the machine that has my eye at this moment Here is a link to the laptop https www aarons com In The Market For A New Laptop - Opinions Needed p- - -phenom-x -laptop aspx In case you don't trust the link or don't feel obligated to follow the provided link I will post a few of the specs below quot HP Phenom X Windows Home Premium -bit Premium AMD Phenom II Dual-Core Mobile Processor LED Display ATI Mobility Radeon HD Graphics w MB Display GB DDR GB Storage Blu-Ray Compatible w Beats Audio In asking for opinions obviously you'll be curious of what I plan on doing on this machine so I'll tell you about that below Quote Web Surfing Obviously I'll be using this laptop for the basic web surfing for this including social sites email a bit of video watching YouTube In The Market For A New Laptop - Opinions Needed and Netflix etc Typing Documents I like to write so I plan on typing up quite a few documents over the course of having this laptop I'll be typing small documents in Microsoft Works and Notepad including poetry and short stories as well as some school stuff Multimedia I'll be storing quite a bit of multimedia files including photos music and videos probably about GB in total Basic Gaming I will be playing some really basic games The heaviest game I'll be playing is Minecraft Besides that a few emulators GBA and DS mostly I posted this thread in hopes of getting some useful feedback on this laptop since I'm sure most of you are pretty tech-savvy when it comes to computer specs Thank you for taking your time to read this post

A:In The Market For A New Laptop - Opinions Needed

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

I tried the link you posted, but it appears to be a dead 'un.

However, from the information you've posted, you'll have no problem doing what you suggest with the computer you have your eye on.

All I would say is, either buy direct from the manufacturer or a reputable reseller as I'd hate to see you getting caught out on Amazon or eBay. Also, pay particular attention to warranty periods and if you're offered the chance to buy a recovery disc with the machine, please do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/228315-market-new-laptop-opinions-needed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just saw an ad for Memorex brand, SCSI, 8x4x32x CR-RW drives with an Adaptec PCI SCSI adapter included.

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this setup or brand?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opinions-on-memorex-scsi-cd-rw-needed.68642/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey, I'm building a new PC and the main purpose is for gaming. I want to be able to run graphically advanced games such as Battlefield 3 on maximum settings etc, and I'd just like some opinions in the current build I'm going for.

nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
ASRock Z68 Pro3 2nd Generation
Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3 GHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Processor Cooler
8GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3

Also, someone mentioned that a 1GB 560 Ti might not cut it at high resolution, is this true?

And how important is Anti Aliasing?

Relevancy 55.47%

If after reading this post you have a Opinions needed!! Recoery - Disaster suggestion on where to go from here please share it I have a ton of personal photos that I couldn t replace if my family s life depended on Opinions needed!! - Disaster Recoery it That Opinions needed!! - Disaster Recoery s all Opinions needed!! - Disaster Recoery I MUST have Here s my original problem http forums techguy org t html Quick recap XP Pro GB Western Digital drive - less than a year old Saturday morning - no icons no taskbar Reset Corrupt or missing files Windows Recovery Console no good Last Good Config nada Just when I think it can t get worse it does The drive starts making noises Super Just to make sure it was really muffed up I tried a couple more times Finally I gave up Took it to a good local repair shop Using Western Digital utilities - no go The drive can still be seen - but not accessed even when set as a slave and placed in a working machine As of last night - the drive began making clicking noises as it tries to work Obviously some type of hardware failure The prevailing theory is that the boot records are toast well DUH and since the drive can t get past them - it s likely that the other information is intact One can only hope I ve pulled the drive out and am reluctant to do anything else for fear of greater damage I don t need the drive repaired - I just need whatever data that might be left off of it CD s DVD Tape other HD - I don t care If you have a suggestion on where to go from here please share it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I am buying a "custom" laptop for which I can select among certain components. Two CPUs are offered: Intel Core2 Duo (Meron) T5500-T7600 and the Intel Yonah T1400-T2700. There is no difference in cost.

Which should I purchase for an everyday use computer?

Thanks, {redoak}

Relevancy 55.47%

I have an HP Pavilion a1350n which had been working well until a power out/power back on occurred. Since then, I have done these things: reseated hard drive, reseated memory modules, reseated cmos, reseated battery, and restored from disks I purchased from hp. It would only start up about 1 time out of 4 or 5 tries. Yesterday, things were looking up-- it completed a long process of restarting, after the restore program, and seemed to be booting-- it even started the setup process provided by hp and I even uninstalled all the "junk" software that hp includes. Then it did a restart and would not boot. I tried it a few more times and still it wouldn't boot. Does this sound like a power problem? If so, is it possible to get a new power pack and install?
Thanks!

A:Solved: Techie opinions needed...

It sounds like a power supply problem and they are readily available. Just use Google to search for power supply for HP a1350n.

If you want to be positive the power supply is the problem, take the tower to a shop and have the power supply tsted, or if you have another power supply handy, jump a known good power supply to the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-techie-opinions-needed.890225/
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Help/opinions needed slowly very working for PC i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Help/opinions needed for PC working very slowly Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P H -M LE USB Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I hope this is the correct place to post this apologies if not My computer is running very slowly It has been quot glitchy quot for some while but now it seems to be much worse Today I have not been able Help/opinions needed for PC working very slowly to do very much on Help/opinions needed for PC working very slowly it because it is going along so slowly I have checked twice for virus with the free AVG and I have checked for Malware I have malwarebytes running in the background and have had for about a week now and it has found nothing The computer makes a sound like it is always downloading something always quot running quot but if I check the task manager it looks like hardly any of the processes are running I am not knowledgeable at all really about computers but it I do know there is fan at the back of the computer that is not running The one of the motherboard works fine and is clean I thought it might be the temp causing the issues so I downloaded Speedfan It does show some odd numbers but they change a lot and vary greatly Sometimes when I run speedfan i get a bit of text that says quot WARNING bad Winbond quot among the other text so I am never really sure if the readings are quite correct At the moment after running all day it says CPU c In the space of this past minute varies from to c The Aux HD core core c all vary from - c The computer is set to defrag each week so that should be fine and as far as I know everything is updated properly Can anyone suggest anything I can check or try Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

ok i havent built a computer for quite some time and ive only built one about years ago but i need a gaming computer thatll kick the crap outta stuff for awhile built the last one on newegg and loved it very loud though im looking for quietness and kickage anyways im pretty inexperienced and i know the very basics about putting things opinions Compatibility needed answers and in their right place forgot the arctic silver last time only problem specs links from newegg CPU- i intel Nehalem ghz http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E GPU-EVGA G-P - -AR GeForce GTX GB -bit DDR PCI Express x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E HDD- gb rpm WD velociraptor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case-cooler master full tower --see link http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E power supply- CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E memory- G SKILL Trident GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E mobo- Asus P T http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E my main questions are about compatibility any wires i need anything else i need at all cooling questions and most importantly better products intel nvidia fan i also know that i need the thermal compound for the cpu thanks people nbsp

A:Compatibility answers and opinions needed

just make sure your motherboard is compatable with the desktop your buying and any graphics cards you plan to get, I think you should get a motherboard that could be Nvidia compatable also because alot of newer graphics card are Nvidia branded, and also make sure the motherboard has enough space for any upgrade rooms, and also that the computer can support the memory you plan to get, also I didnt see anything about the ram, If youi want a good gaming computer Get at least 3-4 GB of ram

Good Luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatibility-answers-and-opinions-needed.131132/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, i've got a question about the premium version of Advanced System Care. I've been using the free version for a little while now, after a previous recommendation, and im very satisfied with the program thus far. That being said, i've been offered by the company a slight discount on the upgrade to the premium version for $20, and im very curious to know if it would be worth the money.

I've been sold on programs to improve PC performance before, only to be disappointed, so here's my main question for anyone currently using or having recently used this premium version: Were there any significant increases in PC performance after upgrading or much better cleaning processes?

Any additional insight would be much appreciated, and thank you in advance for all the help!

A:Opinions on Advanced System Care PRO Needed

Hi,
I stay away from reg cleaners etc but saw this free version suggested at TechSupportAlert. I used it rarely, saw no change in performance. The 'pro' version was offered free on GiveAwayOfTheDay so I installed it ... no difference in performance.
Running Vista Basic on new Dell laptop.

Just my experience though.

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opinions-on-advanced-system-care-pro-needed.831675/
Relevancy 55.04%

I don't own a digital video camera. Just the analog Sharp that takes HI-8. Does anyone have experience with the HP External Movie Writer? It connects via USB and supports analog capture. Didn't know if the USB connection would be reliable enough to capture the analog video. Does this writer work well with most movie editing software? Am I better off with a high end video capture card and a seperate DVD burner?

Second is the the Vegas 5 Suite with DVD Architect. While I'm not thinking of being a true professional video editor I have had some family requests to produce slide shows and maybe mix some old home movies. Is the Vegas 5 suite overkill? The price seems to suggest that the people that use this are doing this stuff for a living. I'm thinking I can do okay with the $100 software packages.

Thanks for any opinions and shared experiences!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opinions-needed-hp-movie-writer-vegas-5.247726/
Relevancy 55.04%

Best programs for starting over.

Thanks to the mod for answering me even though I should've read around

A:Starting over: Experts software opinions needed.

Hi do you mean reformat your hardrive you can use killdisk Erase hard drive by [email protected] KillDisk. Low Level Format.
if you feel it is required
antivirus ie microsoft security essentials,avast,avira which you can get for free,If a paid one then Eset
for malware scanning malwarebytes and superantispyware the free version will do you just have to remember to do the scans
you can use a thirdparty firewall but windows works quite well and you can have one on your router

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/starting-over-experts-software-opinions-needed-632871.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi gang i will endeavor to give you the readers digest version here I happened to meet the local owner of a custom PC shop here and he told me that he has many customers who want a machine to run intense games like crysis stalker etc but on a budget i brought him over for several 3DMark Experienced users needed opinions cocktails and a go Experienced 3DMark users opinions needed on my machine crysis crusher the upshot is that he was impressed to the point of commissioning me to build these things when the need arises I am putting together a benchmark presentation on this or very similar configuration I myself am only interested in frame-rates from actual games play and real world application however i am aware of the popularity of the DMark suite s i have read varying opinions on these benchmarks ranging from quot the best thing since sliced bread quot to quot worthless and designed to get you to upgrade quot Experienced 3DMark users opinions needed to quot nothing to do with how your Experienced 3DMark users opinions needed machine will perform gaming quot i have not purchased Dmark or Vantage yet and have used them in only their free trial state The results I got are a bit difficult to parse but then i don t have unrestricted access not having bought the full version my framerates in actual gaming are fantastic but I m not sure about the Dmark scores I was hoping someone well versed in Futuremark products could tell me weather my scores are at all reflecting the performance of my machine or not I have also noticed in sifting through scores that some on the list have things turned off i assume that is to increase their score adding to my inquiry about how accurate the scores are while i am running the tests with the presets on I don t wish to be deceptive but if they do not accurately reflect performance I certainly don t want to use them I attached a screen-shot and Crysis Warhead frame rates can be seen here http www techspot com vb attachment php attachmentid amp d and my specs are listed in the corner as usual Thanks The scores DMark using x HD s DMark using x HD s DMark Vantage P x HD s nbsp

A:Experienced 3DMark users opinions needed

red i would not base 3d mark as a good gaming performace app i mean a core i7 920 at 3.8 with a 4870 x2 gets around 24,000 3d marks but you get higher fps in games that that setup does

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/experienced-3dmark-users-opinions-needed.135463/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey forums I am wanting to upgrade in the near future from my current AMD Phenom II X Ghz -core processor 8 compare VS. two - -opinions AMD core Wanting needed i7 CPU' Intel to Now i know how much everyone loves intel and their second-gen core i processors but when AMD offers an -core for nearly the same price it makes me wonder quot What's going on there quot I know that i has some amazing hyper-threading but that's about all I know about it As well I know that AMD can boast cores but they might not necessarily be true -core What concerns me however is that when reading the reviews for the Wanting to compare two CPU' - AMD 8 core VS. Intel i7 -opinions needed -core I commonly see things like quot Fast quot and quot Great CPU quot But when i read the reviews for the more powerful i s i see quot OMG Wanting to compare two CPU' - AMD 8 core VS. Intel i7 -opinions needed THIS THING IS A BEAST quot and quot FASTEST CPU EVER quot I know that its more likely that amatures will go for intel because it's a bigger name but still Wanting to compare two CPU' - AMD 8 core VS. Intel i7 -opinions needed I'm wanting some opinions from people who actually know computers on which would offer better performance for the money To get a sense of what I use it for just think Gaming No d modelling Here's the AMD -core a whopping Ghz per core so GHz total Newegg ca - AMD FX- Zambezi GHz Socket AM W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD FRGUBOX And here's a good Intel i Newegg ca - Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K Although that one is bucks If i wanted something more affordable im down to Ghz which is almost no improvement over my current CPU Newegg ca - Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor BX Any opinions would be appreciated thank you

A:Wanting to compare two CPU' - AMD 8 core VS. Intel i7 -opinions needed

Well of course there are tons of benchmarks for each processor so you can compare there...

But a couple of things:

A 6 or 8 core sysem vs 4 core will yeild zero benefit for 99.999% of any desktop user. With GOOD video editing software and when you are doing tons of it, 8 cores may help. When rendering extreme quality 3d from cad or animation programs (BUT NOT GAMES) it can help. Or maybe if you are going for the record with seti or something. But other than that, there is no point, it'll simply cost you more money in electricity to power it and them even more money in AC to keep your room cool

Second, you are right to worry about the max clock on a single core. For 99% of what you will run, the single core clock is more important than how many cores you have. But that really only holds true for comparing one model of proc to another from the same manufacturer and line. AMD made the line "Clock speed doesn't matter" famous years ago and Intel has been beating them over the head with it for a while now. I haven't looked but it's possible that a 3.2 gig i7 might still beat a 3.6 AMD in a single thread (single processor) test. (Or maybe not!)

You will need to carefully check out benchmarks for things you will be doing (like gaming) on specifically the CPU models you are considering and see what the numbers show...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210786-wanting-compare-two-cpu-amd-8-core-vs-intel-i7-opinions-needed.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys http speccy piriform com results ISzjnY CHSjLtHBZtwepbEd I've done a memtest today passed on Going to do another test tonight to let it last longer There are several factors that are limiting me in figuring this out on my own First is I've just left Windows for I did a install from a disk I bought from a local store ON A NEW HARDDRIVE This leaves me with learning a some what odd layout when I try to accomplish anything I just didn't want anyone thinking I had old drivers from old windows laying around The second is its half a new system half old or old The case MOBO CPU harddrive and two slower sticks of RAM are new The PSU CD DVD and GPU are old but in working order - maybe This first started to happen under HEAVY gaming load Arma Star Citizen It Freeze Random crash... 8.1 Opinions last WATCHDOG PSU? needed. - now does it randomly but seems under load when happens often when I've got a large power draw Volts are holding at OCCT but something makes me think this is a PSU failure issue I've only had this setup complete for or days now From most recent to earlier minidumps are CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT X NTFS FILE SYSTEM X KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED X WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR X of the logged crashes are in relation to ntoskrnl exe I think its important to note the characteristics of a forced restart - I'm not only getting a bluescreen windows will force a restart perhaps once out of or lockups crashes I am also getting a complete lockup - as to where the only option is to power down the unit using a physical buttons on the case 8.1 Random Freeze - WATCHDOG last crash... PSU? Opinions needed. I've watched my temperatures and they are not the issue Under heavy load I go C CPU and C GPU I've got additional cooling options on the way anyways because the stock fan is crap that came with CPU and I've also got a larger PSU on the way because I plan to crossfire down the road here My main concern is - do you guys think this is a PSU I mean - a power failure could start to throw these random dumps I'm checking out or am I just being a noob and need to look up conflicting missing drivers I'd love some help guys If you need additional information or want me to upload the dumps to a location let me know UPDATE I left 8.1 Random Freeze - WATCHDOG last crash... PSU? Opinions needed. it running last night running another memtest this time with all sticks in it the last one was with the two sticks that game with it - the mushkin Woke to see passes errors Tst Pass Counts ranging from Removed the mushkin sticks and left the other two moved to the correct position and tested test again with no errors passes and passes on full test So its either the configuration of RAM is not liked but is correct - or one of these little bastards is bad I'm going to use the old sticks today and see if I come across any lockups I also went a head and unticked my CPU from the OS bcdedit set disabledynamictick yes - and I'm going to start hunting common issues that lead to other freezes installing windows but some programs are still configured for even with a fresh install I hear Trying these fixes in groups of onez twozy so I can report which one was a fix

A:8.1 Random Freeze - WATCHDOG last crash... PSU? Opinions needed.

Ok - I was running a Catalyst driver tool that AMD hosts, had the ASUS BIOS CPU control also ("ai Tweak" - for overclocking the CPU.)

I noticed that some how in the Catalyst CPU control area, that it was trying to overclock the CPU, and in the ai Tweak it was trying ot have it at a flat 4.  I removed the Catalyst drivers completely, went into tweak the CPU speed again (and it was set at 4.3 now in ai tweak, as if Catalyst was intercepting it).  Since then I've ran without issue.

So here we go - 1 bad RAM stick, unticked CPU from windows 8.1 (bcdedit /set disabledyanimctick), 2 conflicting drivers over CPU control...

I'll report back if it starts to freeze again, but I feel this might be solved....

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS! ;)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539245/81-random-freeze-watchdog-last-crash-psu-opinions-needed/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all Well my computer was infected by spyware and its cousins and I do believe it was taken care of by the nice people in the Security forums but I was thinking I want to start new and not worry about lingering problems and such I was thinking on building my own Opinions needed and drives external on Questions hard on external hard drive I have options please let me know with each option what are the pros and cons and any opinion you might have or ideas you can add I also have a couple of questions Thanks Question If I reformat my Hard Drive will the refomatting process get rid of all data including any lingering spyware and its cousins Question If I transfer data mainly music and pics of family will other unwanted Questions on and Opinions needed on external hard drives files follow in the data transfer Option Buy new external enclosure and hard drive and transfer all the data from my old HD to the new external HD Refomat the old HD a fresh install of Windows and then pick all the important files music pics from the external HD I Questions on and Opinions needed on external hard drives need then transfer it all back into my computer Option Buy new external enclosure and put in the old HD from my computer into the enclosure Buy a new HD put into computer and then transfer all the important files music pics from the external enclosurew old hd into the new HD What do you guys think nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

What are you going to use the PC for multi tasking lots of programming a little gaming music and image editing i use photoshop a lot and virtual dj as well How much is your budget around usd Where are you located a k a fill out your profile malaysia Are you willing to buy online i dont think so Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build nope Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others yes monitor and keyboard maybe a speaker Have you already bought any parts not yet Do you have an Operating System OS nope Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup i dont think so built a multi-tasking for needed Opinions custom desktop or i dont know if i ll ever need one any advice if there s anything you guys think should be included in the list that i forgot Opinions needed for a multi-tasking custom built desktop to mention do let me know nbsp

A:Opinions needed for a multi-tasking custom built desktop

Well if your focus is mainly programming with some interest in gaming . i guess an ASROCK G31M-GS Motherboard would do the Job. equiping it with an ATI HD 4650 Graphic card and a power saving Intel Core 2 duo 2 x 2,4 Ghz conroe processor. for the rams get your self a 2 GB slot (more is a waste unless u want to work on vista OS). Water-cooling is intended for computers which work days without shutting down . however if its within your budget limits i recommend u buy it since it is amazingly quiet. If not then just stick to the Original Intel Cooler which is normally included in the processor package. A hard drive of your choice would do the job( It must be SATA of course). As for operating systems get yourself either the Windows Vista Business OS or Window XP sp3 . stay away for the moment from Windows Vista Home premium and Windows 7. If u wish to install a linux distribution then forget about 3D games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opinions-needed-for-a-multi-tasking-custom-built-desktop.132576/
Relevancy 46.01%

I know this isn't an XP forum but I've always found the help level here to be very good - so here goes....

My employer just bought me a new PC for use in doing home-based support for our products. I need the PC to be able to boot into 3 x OS's:- Windows 7, Vista and XP. Vista and Win7 aren't a problem but when I tried to install XP, my (relatively old) copy failed when installing the PCI driver. I suspect that because my XP installation disk is quite old, it probably only supports standard PCI and not the PCIe bus that's found in my new PC.

Does anyone know if a newer copy of XP would support PCIe ?

A:A little help needed going back to XP

Does it have to be an actual install?
Could you use a virtual machine instead?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203066-little-help-needed-going-back-xp.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Dell 9100 desktop running Win XP Home. I have a 40gb SATA hard drive. I want to be able to avoid a compltete disaster by putting at least the total operating system and drivers on another drive. Then I could in case of drive failure simply put in the new drive and GO? Would the drives have to be the same type and size (or partitioned to the same size)? What is the easiest way to do this. I have some skills but am not at all an expert!

Thanks
Rbuck

Relevancy 45.58%

I have purchased an external hard drive with the intention of using it as a back up for my system.I am using windows XP Pro and believe there is a back up utility included in that. But...is it any good? ..would I be better off with a dedicated back up utility program? Freeware would be nice, but don't mind paying if there is a benefit to that.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all,
You previously were kind enough to help me with an issue being caused by Avast eating up my back up drive space. So, I'm back again with another request.

I have got myself in a bit of a pickle about backing up. I have an external drive and have set up the Windows 7 back up procedure. All that seems to do is take a system image which I can't access unless (I assume) I need to restore it. That's all the back up I have.

So my questions are:
- what should I be doing?
- should I have a recovery disk? (don't really know what that is)
- how do I manage all this, eg in terms of frequency, etc.?

I'm not too keen on using 3rd party software for back ups.

I'm concerned that I'm not full protected at the moment, so would be grateful for your advice.

Thank you.

A:Back up: basic help needed!

Taking a system image will create a copy of your entire windows with all the info that is on that drive, although you cannot see the data it is all there and is accessible if required, this tutorial shows you how to extract files if required
System Image - Extract Files Using Disk Management

Have a look at the backup & restore section of the tutorials for lots of handy guides to all things backup like this for example
Backup - Make a "Create Incremental Backup" Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/372603-back-up-basic-help-needed.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My face is red when I think of XP Windows is always playing catch-up with the comments your ME, Going to back needed latest problems with XP I formatted my computer times in the past months because XP was either lagging having problems installing updates or trojans hacks eating away at my system Each time I formatted I quickly followed procedures to ensure proper running and Going back to ME, your comments needed protection but something always has to f cks up Everything I do is legit registered my copy with microsoft Thanks for listening so far anways I m going to Going back to ME, your comments needed be installing ME since I feel very comfortable with it ME can screw you over pretty easily with missing dll files but you usually know how it happen With XP if something goes wrong you re left scratching your head My computer is nearly new with all the gadgets in it I was wanting your opinion on XP vs ME performance I m pretty sure you ll say XP is more stable better protection etc but how do they compare performance wise will i notice a difference Meaning will I search the web faster with XP over ME games more smoother on XP than ME computer speed faster over the other you guys get my drift Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Going back to ME, your comments needed

Forgot to mention my computer specs.

p4 2400
64mb ati radeon
264 ddr ram
80gb hd
asus motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/going-back-to-me-your-comments-needed.229362/
Relevancy 45.58%

Bought an external hard drive to back up iTunes Library for if/when computer crashes.
However, can't find the music library in order to save onto the new drive. Where are these files? Are they hidden?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-back-up-help-needed.559270/
Relevancy 45.15%

Basically, I just need to start fresh. Sound keeps skipping, I'm littered with malware after running 2 months without anti-virus/firewall. Got Norton with my ISP package now so I'll install that as soon as I can.

If I were to copy the contents of my 80gb IDE system drive over to my 250gb backup Sata, will I be able to access the documents and all the files from the copy?

Thanks, there may be more Q's on the way.
-Jack

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

Can anyone plz help me with this prob ? I had removed ny music folder related to windows as so i have been told .. When i donwload from a certain forum i was told it should go into this folder in which i removed ages ago..

When i download from this forum i get windows does not recognise the file so i cannot do no more

plz help if you know what i can do to sort it
Thanks

A:Help needed to get back my music folder

Why not change the prefernce in the application as to where the files get downloaded to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4029/help-needed-to-get-back-my-music-folder/
Relevancy 45.15%

My w-7 computer is a year old I haven't backed it up yet.
I maybe need a rescue disk or boot disk.before I back up.
I would like to back it up to a DvD[Which kind of DvD should I use?]
Anybody have a step by step on this?Also does the Microsoft back up
the operating system only or does it back up my user files too?

A:A simple back up plan needed

I'm a big fan of Disc Imaging software. I feel EVERY user should use it. Here's something I put together a while ago. Of course, disc imaging is only one of many options - but in my opinion it's the best:

Disk Imaging software takes a "snapshot" of your drive as it exists at the time you create the image. You can then restore the entire image or any file(s) or folder(s) you choose. It is a virtually foolproof way of backing up your system and providing a safe haven in the event of a catastrophe that requires you to blow away your system partition and restore it to a previous state. It also allows you to "test" various software and be confident that you have a the ability to return to the prior state any time you choose.
I use Acronis True Image. It is the best of breed, but it isn't free. The best free alternative is Macrium Reflect.

1) I create an image of my system partition once a week to a second hard drive and keep the 2 or 3 most recent images. I also image my other partitions about once a month. I always enable "verify image" in the options. It takes a little longer, but insures a valid image.
2) I also create an image before performing any drive level function (ie, changing the size of a partition) or making any significant change to the OS (installing a service pack, upgrading IE, etc). Also sometimes before installing new software.
3) Images may be created on any medium (cd, dvd, external drive, etc). For obvious reasons they should not be stored on the same drive you are imaging. The best option is a second internal hd if you have one.
4) Images may be created "in the background" within the OS. If you need to restore the system partition, that will need to be done before the OS loads. You can start the process within the application in the OS and it will then tell you it needs to reboot to finish the process. Alternatively, you can boot to a "recovery disk" which you can create when you first install the software (or to the application disk itself if you have one). Other partitions can be restored without a reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483830/a-simple-back-up-plan-needed/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone!
I have a three year old Hp pavilion dm4 with Windows 7 running on it.
Now I want to format my computer and install linux on it. There are some virus in my PC, so I planned to backup my data's using google drive and skydrive(hotmail).
I know its a time consuming process, but I don't want to infect my external hard disk.
I want to know in case if I needed to use the windows OS back do I have to copy any system files?
Also if I format the system I may lose the drivers. Does Linux OS automatically takes care of the drivers or do I have to back up before formatting?
I tried few antivirus software to clean, but still there are few!(Its not helping in my case) 
In general what all the things needed to back up before formatting?

A:what all the things needed to back up before formatting the OS?

well drivers can't be backed up that way and some also have software related to them as well you would need to download the drivers from the manufacture if you wanted to reinstall windows.

you would also need to consider the fact that pre installed software would also be wiped and you would need the relevant cd's or executable and software licence agreement numbers to put the software back on.

no Linux will not store your drivers and will format and over right windows unless you chose the option to run along side windows the advantage as well with Linux is you can run it from a liv cd.

you would also need to make note of your windows licence number so if you reinstalled at a later date you would have the number on the licence sticker always back this up.

also you would been the installation disc oem copy of windows included with your version of windows in order to put windows back on. 

back up all photos, music, media ECT though the cloud as you did not want to do this any other way.

the last thing I would say is use wine to install you applications you used to run on windows to now run on Linux.

Good Luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551112/what-all-the-things-needed-to-back-up-before-formatting-the-os/
Relevancy 45.15%

USB 3.0 Drivers needed?? as only the back 2.0 USB are working in my HP 520-102A Touchscreen

A:USB 3.0 Drivers needed?? as only the back 2.0 USB are workin...

Please check the HP Suport Assistant for the product name. The product number you have supplied is incorrect. It should be in the HP Touchsmart 520-1000 series. You have missed a digit and possibly a character at the end.  Try the following softpaq for the XHCI conytroller (USB 3.0)http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54625.exe  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/USB-3-0-Drivers-needed-as-only-the-back-2-0-USB-are-working/td-p/5544930
Relevancy 45.15%

I posted here awhile back and the help was great but now it's back I again--urgent help I'm Sadly, back needed badly need help getting rid of this thing for good Sadly, I'm back again--urgent help needed Here is Sadly, I'm back again--urgent help needed the analyzer thing Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - Service DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Client - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS system ssoftsrv exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Documents and Settings TEMP D DV Desktop HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO NavErrRedir Class - D A E - A - f- A- B BF D - no file O - BHO myBar BHO - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp SearchBar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run Windows Update svchosts exe O - HKCU Run Windows Update svchosts exe O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll file missing O - Trusted Zone musicmatch com O - DPF B -A - E - -D E TLIEFlashObj Class - https webchat dell com Media Visit TLIEFlash CAB O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download Ms Downloader cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D D - F - B-B D-D FB D NameServer O - Service Pml Driver HPZ - HP - C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL DRIVERS W X HPZipm exe O - Service Cryptainer service - Unknown - ssoftsrv exe file missing End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer Log Also do you know of a top-notch free anti-virus software Thank you guys Please help

A:Sadly, I'm back again--urgent help needed

Welcome back, MP. The AV program that I and many others on here use is AVG. Please download this free one at Grisoft. Install it and make sure to check for updates.

=========

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Before you do anything else, please create a folder for HijackThis and put it in a permanent folder (like C:\HJT) instead of the Temp folder. This is required because HijackThis will create backups and we don't want them to be deleted.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

The Temp folders should be cleaned out periodically as installation programs and hijack programs leave a lot of junk there. Download CleanUp! (Alternate Link if main link don't work) and install it. Run CleanUp! and click on CleanUp! button. When it asks you if you want to logoff, click on Yes.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers.

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->(Settings)->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs) if they exist:

MyWay
Viewpoint

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

O2 - BHO: NavErrRedir Class - {00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: myBar BHO - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &SearchBar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [?Windows Update] svchosts.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [?Windows Update] svchosts.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\Program Files\MyWay\
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\

svchosts.exe <<<Careful to get exact spelling here!

Reboot into Normal Mode and run new HijackThis scan. If there were some entries that didn't show up in Safe Mode, you may check and fix those that appear now in normal mode (if you do that, make sure to run a new scan again). Save the log file and run KRC HijackThis Analyzer in the same folder to get the result.txt log. Just post the contents of the result.txt file in the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/sadly-im-back-again-urgent-help-needed-38588.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all
I have inherited a back-up system that is very unreliable. I am new to the server side of IT but i know the back-up system they use in my new role is terrible it often fails and is almost always running a back-up Day and Night. does anyone know where i can get some really good info on back-up strategies. i have 3 tape drives to use 2 400/800GB and 1 40/80GB and Symantec Back-up Exec. also a whole cupboard full of tapes. I also have an online back-up that has a capacity of 800GB. overall there are around 20 servers to back-up.

2 file servers
Web servers
SQL databases
Exchange servers

I have been thrown in the deep end and there current back-up strategy is a disaster waiting to happen. Please help. i will answer any questions.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 45.15%

I'm going back to school and am going into year 9(Grade 8) I go back on September 6th

and I'm looking for back to school software

Software I haveOffice 2010 Pro Plus
Recover My Files (Incase I lose school work)

A:Back to school software needed!

There are two pieces of software that is a must
Karens replicator to back up all your stuff
and
Macrium Reflect to back up your hard drive, in case you have problems with Seven that cant be fixed.
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
Secunia PSI to make sure that your computer always has the most up to date security
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_sca...FcHc4Aodrz0A_w
Finally, Win Patrol to help keep the computer running smoothly
http://www.winpatrol.com/
I assume that you have a good firewall and anti virus

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/249315-back-school-software-needed.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi:I own an Acer W510 tablet with 64Gb emmc.At this moment i have Windows 8.1 with nearly 13gb of free disk space.With this 13gb free space available, Is it enough for the folders windows.old, $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS to be created without problem, so i can roll back windows 10 to windows 8.1 after upgrade?I want to install windows 10, get my free windows 10 license, and then roll back to windows 8.1, to be able in the near future, when windows 10 is more stable, to upgrade for free.But I fear that with the disk space i have, perhaps the upgrade to windows 10 will be successful but without the option to roll back because the windows 8.1 backup folders weren't created for lack of disk space....Can you confirm that the disk space i have available is enough to install windows 10 and then be able to roll back to windows 8.1?thanks

A:disk space needed to be able to roll back after wi...

It's going to depend not so much as to how much space W10 takes up, but how much data needs to be left behind, especially in Windows.old. Remember that everything from Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, etc. are copied into the Windows.old folder, so if you have more than 8-10GB of data there you will run out during the upgrade. I'd backup first and delete extraneous stuff to free up as much room as possible before starting. Don't forget to uninstall programs you don't ever use too.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/disk-space-needed-to-be-able-to-roll-back-after-windows-10/td-p/434532
Relevancy 44.72%

Don't know if I am in the right forum for this question, but here goes...

Got Dell Inspiron 660s Desktop mit Windows 8 500gm hard drive.What  I need to know, because they don't tell you anymore, is  how many USB sticks or disks I should get to back up this computer. It will be backed up right out of the box, then the second back-up will be when I update to Win 8.1. So, I am looking at having two back-ups for this computer from get go. Nothing else will be installed, ie programs, at this point.

Any and all suggestions, greatly appreciated!

A:How Many USB Sticks or Disks Needed To Back-up Computer

Forget backing up a drive to a USB stick or disk.  Spend your money on an external drive.  With a back up program you can keep a number of versions backed up.

The restore disks, last time I did them on a machine, was between three and five DVDs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518759/how-many-usb-sticks-or-disks-needed-to-back-up-computer/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi:I own an Acer W510 tablet with 64Gb emmc.At this moment i have Windows 8.1 with nearly 13gb of free disk space.With this 13gb free space available, Is it enough for the folders windows.old, $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS to be created without problem, so i can roll back windows 10 to windows 8.1 after upgrade?I want to install windows 10, get my free windows 10 license, and then roll back to windows 8.1, to be able in the near future, when windows 10 is more stable, to upgrade for free.But I fear that with the disk space i have, perhaps the upgrade to windows 10 will be successful but without the option to roll back because the windows 8.1 backup folders weren't created for lack of disk space....Can you confirm that the disk space i have available is enough to install windows 10 and then be able to roll back to windows 8.1?thanks

A:disk space needed to be able to roll back after wi...

It's going to depend not so much as to how much space W10 takes up, but how much data needs to be left behind, especially in Windows.old. Remember that everything from Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, etc. are copied into the Windows.old folder, so if you have more than 8-10GB of data there you will run out during the upgrade. I'd backup first and delete extraneous stuff to free up as much room as possible before starting. Don't forget to uninstall programs you don't ever use too.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/disk-space-needed-to-be-able-to-roll-back-after-windows-10/td-p/434532/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 44.72%

I know oh no Not another one of these I have spent a files back up visible certain Help with not C on of needed drive.... good portion of the last days researching hundreds of sites reading thousands of threads and barfing millions of time at what I was reading Bottom line is that for some reason MS thinks that I am too stupid to manage my own drive so they are preventing me from Help needed with back up of certain files not visible on C drive.... seeing things on it Yes I know about the shortcuts Help needed with back up of certain files not visible on C drive.... joints pointers etc etc etc ad nauseum I have a simple problem that I seem not to be able to solve There are certain folders that reside on the C drive that houses the OS that are not visible NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO no matter how you change ownerships no matter how you allow or deny or no matter how you just about do anything including using the quot Take Ownership quot process Here is a classic example I use both Firefox and Thunderbird There are certain files that reside on the drive that the only way to access them is using the APPDATA command which opens the roaming window which allows you to access data that used to be stored in the common files specifically the Application Data in Win XP Yes I know that this is not XP its a whole new OS and things are different So using the Start Search in the start menu and typing APPDATA I get access to the Roaming window BTW it is now a shortcut on my desktop I can gain access to some of these file certainly not all of them to check them out Within these Firefox and Thunderbird folders that are only visible this way there-in reside the profile files These profile files have all the good stuff like your bookmarks passwords mail boxes mail messages settings etc etc etc and all that good historical stuff that you never want to loose EVER So of course I want to make a back-up of them so that I always have the data available to me in case there is a nasty system crash so that I can recover these files Now using Acronis True Image no matter what I do I CAN NEVER FIND THESE FILES to back them up individually so the only way that I can make a back up of them is the do a complete system backup I think because I can never find them after the backup on the backup media My bookmarks and mail files grow by leaps and bounds every day System backups take time and eat up a lot of space on the storage HDD even if you cycle and delete the old ones out While I am still learning the Acronis software I am still only set up to do a system back up once a week with incremental backups each day Unfortunately there is no guarantee that these files are being backed up because I can not find them in the backup folders Why oh why did MS have to make things so complicated in Win Pro and other platforms I am sure Now let me say that these are not the only files that I want access to I mean after all it is MY computer but I am sure that you all have heard this a thousand times and that was the general consensus that I was getting as I was reading the over threads dating back to on just this Win forum alone I can t tell you the hours and hours that I spent on the MS forums for an answer with basically the only solution stated was to take ownership of all the files Then having to take permission That is a lot of taking ownership of gaining permission to happen BTW even after taking ownership of the files you still can not see them find them feel them I feel like Tommy Is there not just a single simple command that I can use to take ownership of THE ENTIRE C DRIVE and EVERY FILE on it that allows me to see EVERYTHING on the C drive Or how about just sharing ownership with the SYSTEM or whatever It is pretty sad that I can not move documents or pictures in the My Document folder in Win XP to the My Document folder in Win because I do not have ownership rights even though I own both files both OS both computers both drives you get the picture Any help nbsp

A:Help needed with back up of certain files not visible on C drive....

Resolved mostly. I got access to a majority of the files but there are some that are still missing, especially on the OS hidden drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-with-back-up-of-certain-files-not-visible-on-c-drive.1117533/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi friendly experts, try this one for size...shouldn't be that tough...

I need my volume control icon back in the lower right tray...it got blown out (missing not corrupted I don't think) with a PC crash last night.

SO FAR I figure it should be c:\windows\system32\dllcache and then either or both SNDVOL32.EXE...or SNDREC32.exe...after a lot of tweeking I can manually get sound out of the USB headsets I use ...next is to make it automatic and resident in the tray at bootup...get back to "normal"...

WHAT and WHERE should I do it? Is it good enough to stick these executables somewhere where they used to be?

The icon I am looking for is the grey speaker cone facing to the right...

Thanks!!!

A:Getting closer...volume icon needed back!

Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices - Volume tab - check the box "Place Volume control Icon in tray"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-closer-volume-icon-needed-back.431432/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have tried 1. Second Copy 2. Backup to CD-RW and 3. Data Replicator three backup software but, none of them support file's or folder's name other than English like I tried file's name in Japanese, Chinese and Thai and these 3 software are all read them as error file name and will not backup the files.

Anyone can suggest one software for me to solve this problem ?! Thanks !!

A:Back-Up software which support multi-language needed

Hiya and welcome

Are you wanting software that is multi-language, as in usage?

if so, take a look at this:

http://www.sofotex.com/download/PC_Utilities/Back_Up/more7.html

Right at the bottom:

TapeWare for Windows

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-up-software-which-support-multi-language-needed.126992/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, 

I have just restored my laptop to factory default, and I am preparing to make a back up image on a flash drive. I know it varies from machine to machine, but will an 8gb flash be good enough?

I imagine the flash drive should be wiped clean, and only the image stored on it correct? How do I go about doing this? 

Thank you

A:Creating back up Image, flash drive space needed?

Yes, on a factory default machine a 8GB should be fine. Unfortunately, as you said it varies per machine so only creating one will provide a definitive answer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500056/creating-back-up-image-flash-drive-space-needed/
Relevancy 43.86%

Any help would be fantastic removing

trojan.BAT.regger.b

Zonealarm cannot get rid of it.

Kind regards

Robert.

A:Help needed I Have A Virus - Keeps Coming Back On Re-booting - trojan.BAT.regger.b

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-i-have-a-virus-keeps-coming-back-on-re-booting-trojan-bat-regger-b.594127/
Relevancy 43.43%

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400?

Is it even possible?

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz?

Tried overclocking the CPU in the BIOS settings but found nothing. So its not possible to do it that way? any other way

What other things in a PC can you overlock?

A:How do I overclock these? What are the things someone can Overclock?

You are trying to overclock a laptop computer... The bios are very specific and you cannot overclock because of this and other factors. Build your own system, and you may be able to overclock to your hearts content

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-overclock-these-what-are-the-things-someone-can-overclock.107353/
Relevancy 43.43%

My specs(also in the spec-thing):
MSI K9N Neo-F V2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ stock speed + Zalman 9700
4 GB(3.325 usable) Kingston DDR2 800 RAM CL5
750 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 SATA 2 32MB cache
Club 3D Radeon HD 4850
Antec 300 + 2x120mm extra fans and two purple CCFLs
Windows XP Pro SP2
OCZ StealthXtream 600W

Okay. I just installed a Zalman aftermarket CPU cooler and I think my temps are quite low now. Are the Athlon 64 X2s worth overclocking? I think it (and my RAM?) are bottlenecking my Radeon, let's say 10-25%. Right?

So, would it be worth OCing the CPU to the top it can handle without changing voltages?

Relevancy 39.56%

I've had a few problems with my hard drive & it is being exchanged by the manufactuer. I have backed the hard drive using the back up facility in sytsem tools windows 2000. I have backed it up to another PC I have on a peer to peer network.
My question is this. After formating the new hard drive will I have to install the O/S or just restore the backed up file. I should mention that I did a "back up everything on my computer" back up & I'm unsure if that would back up the O/S as well.
Anyway do i just restore or load the O/S then restore.
Many thanks in anticipation.

A:advice needed for installing back up files after installing a new hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-needed-for-installing-back-up-files-after-installing-a-new-hard-drive.179526/
Relevancy 37.41%

I need some help on how to how to backup your personal folder the folder in windows which has sub folders of your videos documents music downloads etc multiple times without having to a complete backup each time I just want to backup the new files that I have been added I used Cobian Backup for my backup On my very first backup I choose the quot full quot backup type I have no idea why I needed to choose the quot full quot backup type since I only backed up my personal folder and not the entire C hard drive I then chose my seagate external hard drive as the destination source The first folder the one which is scribbled in black for privacy reasons is the backed up folder in the external hard drive Inside the folder has all the sub folders videos music documents etc Flash forward four months later and I have now created new files documents downloaded music and videos etc during that time I now want to backup my personal folder again but I do not want to do a complete backup of files back w/out to back how new Cobian 10: complete up up up back the folder just the new files and folders since it it will be very time consuming to do a complete backup So I used the quot incremental quot back up type for the nuew added files However when I back up my personal folder using incremental it creates a folder and in that folder has the newly added files I used the blacked out folder as the destination for the incremental back up The red folder is the sub folder Cobian back up 10: how to back up new files w/out complete back up inside the black folder above with the new backed up files I do not want a folder to be created that has the new added files I want the backed up Cobian back up 10: how to back up new files w/out complete back up new files to automatically go to its appropriate sub folder of the blacked out folder I wan to know how to do it I probably made this more complicated then it should be but any help would much be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Hello I have a problem which ive tried to fix serveral times but it keeps coming back This virus is located in Systems folder Pc Cilling identified it as TROJ ROOTKIN N Ive gone to safe mode deleted it returned to windows and the virus reapeared wats more it clogs up Pc Cillin so now under quarantine i have instances of this virus and its increasing The virus is labelled hpr k Im sure my Hijack Log that back keeps Virus and back and so back, coming on is fairly clean ------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Virus that keeps coming back and back and back, so on Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Virus that keeps coming back and back and back, so on WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System RunDll exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C Program Files Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe C Program Files Telstra Toolbar bpumTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Netropa Onscreen Display OSD exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard nhksrv exe C WINDOWS hpdriver exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C WINDOWS System Rpcmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Documents and Settings Romanov Desktop Antivirus HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - Hosts onlineaccounts abbeynational co uk O - Hosts www aibgbonline co uk O - Hosts www bank alliance-leicester co uk O - Hosts login iblogin com O - Hosts ww bankofscotlandhalifax-online co uk O - Hosts inet barclays co uk O - Hosts iibank barclays co uk O - Hosts iibank cahoot com O - Hosts www coventrybuildingsociety co uk O - Hosts ww hsbc co uk O - Hosts login ebank offshore hsbc co je O - Hosts ww online-offshore lloydstsb com O - Hosts ww online-business lloydstsb co uk O - Hosts ww online lloydstsb co uk O - Hosts ww online lloydstsb co uk O - Hosts ww online-business lloydstsb co uk O - Hosts ob nationet com O - Hosts ww onlinebanking natwestoffshore com O - Hosts ww nwolb com O - Hosts ww onlinebanking iombank com O - Hosts ww www rbsdigital com O - Hosts welcome smile co uk O - Hosts login online com O - Hosts wvw citizensbankonline com O - Hosts esecure regionsnet com O - Hosts rollb associatedbank com O - Hosts upb unionplanters com O - Hosts www onlinebanking huntington com O - Hosts inet southtrustonlinebanking com O - Hosts logon personal wamu com O - Hosts login compassweb com O - Hosts logon firstmeritib com O - Hosts login ccfcuonline org O - Hosts ww etimebanker bankofthewest com O - Hosts ww onlinebanking lasallebank com O - Hosts wvw totallyfreebanking com O - Hosts www online wellsfargo com O - Hosts www onlinebanking bankofoklahoma com O - Hosts accounts keybank com O - Hosts logon bankone com O - Hosts www secure tdbanknorth com O - Hosts www secure mvnt com O - Hosts ww mynfbonline com O - Hosts login forumcuonline com O - Hosts www eds usersonlnet com O - Hosts www onlineid bankofamerica com O - Hosts wvw e-gold com O - Hosts pcbs ... Read more

A:Virus that keeps coming back and back and back, so on

bump, hopefully someone takes notice

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-that-keeps-coming-back-and-back-and-back-so-on-65233.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Well hey

I was gonna see if i could over clock this pc

I can play these games with no lagg

Prototype
Resident evil 5
Crysis
GTA 4
COD 4/MW 2
My Pc Specs:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 2.7GHz
Nvidia 9400 gt
Windows 7 Premium 64-bit
4 Gigs of ram
600 GB HDD

Only thing im worried about is,you can overclock laptops bc they over heat
BUT THIS IS NOT A LAPTOP
MY computer is an all in one

Here is a picture

Do you think this would be ok to Overclock?

ive had one of these b4 and its just liek a reguluar rams and hdd inside,no like reduced size or anything

A:Should I overclock this PC?

Its still small form, laptop like, with a LCD on top of it as opposed to hinged on the end.

Personally I wouldn't unless you can change the stock coolers for something else that can handle overclocking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-overclock-this-pc.157802/
Relevancy 34.83%
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello, was just wondering if it is true that I can't overclock my hp G70 120ea laptop?

If it is possible what would be the best way to do this and what should I be looking out for.
Steve

A:overclock my g70

You could overclock your laptop with ClockGen overclocking program. Look for a nice little app to do it, if I come up with any recommendations, I'd post it here. It'll be annoying, though...since you'll have to load the app every time you want a faster fsb. Overclocking on a laptop is also not recommended. It's not a good idea to heat up your system, and fans get loud. Your battery life also decreases.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281046-overclock-my-g70.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey,

So Im building a computer with the following specs:

-Case: Antec Quiet P180 Black /550Watt Power Supply (Seasonic)
-Motherboard: eVGA nForce 680i SLI
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.40 GHz, FSB1066, 4 MB L2)
-RAM: OCZ 2GB DDR2-800 (2 x 1GB)
-Hard Drive: Raptor SATA 10,000RPM 150GB
-Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7950GT 512MB
-DVD player (Sony Blu-Ray RW)
-Floppy Drive
-Cooling: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

I want to overclock the RAM, Mobo, and CPU... Now I know this means a lot more heat so thats exactly what I want to ask. Do you think my setup will provide enough cooling? The Antec p180 comes with 3 built in 120mm fans with the option for two more, which I have. So 5 x 120mm fans altogether. That should be enough right?

A:New PC, want to overclock

yes your setup should provide enough cooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-want-to-overclock.70132/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I have been thinking for a while, should/could I overclock my system.
I do not have special cooling features.. just 3 Air cooling fans (CPU, huge side fan, standard back fan).

Here is my specs:

Code:
CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, 1600 MHz (6 x 267)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3
Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM) (1024X2)
GPU: Radeon X1950XT (256 MB) (R580)

Temperatures;
Motherboard 39 ?C (102 ?F)
CPU 50 ?C (122 ?F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 56 ?C (133 ?F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 55 ?C (131 ?F)
GPU 57 ?C (135 ?F)
GPU Ambient 46 ?C (115 ?F)
GPU VRM 56 ?C (133 ?F)
SATA WDC WD3200JS 37 ?C (99 ?F)

Cooling Fans;
CPU 1600 RPM

Voltage Values;
CPU Core 1.31 V
+3.3 V 3.33 V
+12 V 12.25 V
+5 V Standby 5.13 V
DIMM 1.81 V

So, Can I overclock my GPU/CPU/MEMORY without doing any damage? (Using my current cooling options)
If yes, how far could I get?

Thanks!

A:Should I Overclock?

have a look here ..

Overclockers Forums - Powered by vBulletin

scrooge

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/186969-should-i-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

How do i overclock my CPU and what to, AMD Athlon 1.4GHz TBird 266, Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-7VTXE.

Relevancy 34.83%

To Overclock or Not Overclock? That is the question!
Well some people say Yes some people say No.
What's your opinion?
What are the benefits?
What are the risks\disadvantages?

A:To Overclock or Not Overclock?

I have a Q6600 running at 3.4ghz , stock is 2.4 , all it cost me was 20 quid for an Arctic Freezer 7 pro cooler and a fiver for some silver heatsink paste and a bit of my time (actually alot of my time )

the benifits are a 3.4ghz cpu for the cost of a 2.4

the risks are minimal IF you know what your doing , and you can keep the temperatures down , i assume it reduces the life of your CPU but im a gamer as are most who overclock so ive never kept any hardware for long anyway

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206150-overclock-not-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have tried to overclock my Intel 2.67GHz processor through motherboard BIOS setup.

After boot up. Some applications such as onboard sound device was not working and internet speed also downed.

But after this when I set up the BIOS settings into default(previous state) . Computer seems to work well..Sound + Internet also fine work (in default processor speed)

If any one know how to overclock cpu without having trouble please tells me.
I am using Windows XP SP2

A:cpu overclock help

xmm said:

I have tried to overclock my Intel 2.67GHz processor through motherboard BIOS setup.

After boot up. Some applications such as onboard sound device was not working and internet speed also downed.

But after this when I set up the BIOS settings into default(previous state) . Computer seems to work well..Sound + Internet also fine work (in default processor speed)

If any one know how to overclock cpu without having trouble please tells me.
I am using Windows XP SP2Click to expand...

Hello and welcome to Techspot Xmm :wave: ! What processor do you have by the way (Pentium 4, Celeron D, Pentium D, Pentium M Laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo, etc.)? The only problem with overclocking is that it can damage your computer as well as overheat it. Instability can also be caused by overclocking too. IF you are not that experienced with computer hardware I would not suggest that you overclock your CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overclock-help.64732/
Relevancy 34.83%

AMD64 3000+ running at 2.25ghz (250 htt) 1:1 with ram (250mhz) at 3-4-3-8 2T
or 2.5ghz (277htt) 4:3 with ram (216mhz) at 3-4-4-8 1T

i got 2GB of the OCZ GOLD XTC which dont overclock too well past 250mhz =(
im basically looking for the most out computer as I dont want to upgrade yet.

A:which of these two is a better overclock?

Download Super PI And see what gets better times.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-two-is-a-better-overclock.63142/
Relevancy 34.83%

i have a 700Mhz cpu running at 708Mhz(i didnt add it) its an intelr celleronr socket 370. how do i overclock it? i dont think that i can. if i can by how much should i overclock

A:can i overclock?

All depends on your motherboard. If its a store brand computer like a Dell, HP, Compaq, Gateway then you are pretty much out of luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock.63147/
Relevancy 34.83%

I dont know much but i want it to go faster and dont care if i end up friein this damn thing. ive been searchin google and cant find a way to do it. i cant oc in the bios so im hopeing for a program to do it for me.

system: ibm 830542u
northwood pentium 4 2.40ghz
socket: WMT478/NWD
chipset: Intel 845G

A:Help me overclock cpu

You are not going to have much luck overclocking an 845G, nor any IBM, but if there is any possibility, it will be posted on the Intel site. Is that IBM 8304-42U?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-overclock-cpu.97832/
Relevancy 34.83%

wut would happened if i set my settings for the cpu in the bios to 10x?

Relevancy 34.83%

hi i got a Barton 2400+.

i have overclocked my ram and gfx card. its all fine but i have a gigabyte and it shows 65c but i read that its 15 more then usual.

its on 133hz atm but i can't go up in 1 intervals so its 133 , 166 , 200 ect.

my motherboard supports 400fsp. but im not sure about my cpu . so im gonna go up and up and watch teamperatures so thats why i want a Program that reads temps while on desktop?

A:Overclock

If you go to www.majorgeeks.com you can dowload mbm5 (motherboard monitor) also CPUIDLE which will reduce your cpu temp.

You will need to install the MBM first.

Regards Howard :unch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock.16975/
Relevancy 34.83%

My rig is :-
p4 516
2.93 ghz
1 gb ram
geforce 6600gt
mobo:- asrock 775 dual 915gl

I first you all to go throught the BIOS pics attached below as shown in attachments first and then only come to a conclusion.

While giving your PRECIOUS reply i would like you to bear in mind that i am a NOVICE so it will be very good if you guide me properly throught the steps and tell me the risks and methods.

Plz bear patience.

i cannot overclock plz help me with the help of my bios pics given below :-

hoping a nice and good reply from a samaritan.

Thnx in advance.

-- Abhinit

A:help me overclock i can't.plz help me

Is your computer a name brand? If it is, it's most likely locked, and therefore is unable to overclock .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-overclock-i-cant-plz-help-me.71907/
Relevancy 34.83%

Could any expert at overclocking give me tips and tell me how to do it properly step by step im new to all this overclocking ... I have a intel pentium d 3.00ghz processor

Thanks

A:How to Overclock?

If you want to overclock that's not the best processor to do it on.

I'm assuming this is a prebuilt system, maybe through dell?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-overclock.86864/
Relevancy 34.83%

I know what overclockin is and stuff...but how do you do it? Is there like a program or codes or what?

A:Overclock..eh?

It's normally done using the BIOS Setup utility, where u increase the CPU's multiplier to bring up the frequency. Too high a multiplier might cause the CPU to overheat, so a bit of research and caution can go a long way in preventing this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-eh.64611/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all I will get a Gigabyte XT MB GV-R X D for FIRST ! Please OVERCLOCK, my to Help my PC next week I would like some hints about how to do a safe and efficient Overclock on it with stock cooler I have bought it because I read some good results of it over the internet - It seems that this model is a nice overclocker because of its good memory as I read in a review quot The Help to my FIRST OVERCLOCK, Please ! memory chips used on the Gigabyte board are not run of the mill Mhz chips but Mhz ones A quick run over to Samsung s site confirmed the code - K D E-GC A - MHz Mbps pin quot Sorry if the questions looks like basic I am a newbie on doing Overclock and as it will cost me expensive I am from Brazil I wouldn t like to damage it Question I have Help to my FIRST OVERCLOCK, Please ! read that its OWN Overclock program V-Tuner isnt very operative to use don t works Help to my FIRST OVERCLOCK, Please ! well because it don t accept small adjusts What s the program you suggest for me to use as a alternative Rage D Powerstrip Question What item Core or Memory should I to increase FIRST for better OC Question It seems that the change of one item has impact on the other Is it true So if I need to increase all them should I to privilege the MEMORY increase or CORE increase Question I have read that there is a program ATI Tool that makes easier to reach the potential limit of the video card Is really recommended to use it Question Is there some danger of damage the video card if I turn off the computer when the screen begins to show some white artifacts Question Why there are sometimes much discrepancy between final results of an Overclock with stock cooler if the base is the same Sometimes we see some people reach numbers of OC very higher than others with the same video card and the same supposed conditions Here are final results I got over the internet for this specific video card Core Mem HotHardware - WOW Core Mem NeoSeeker - Not Bad But they used quot V-Tuner quot Gigabyte own quot utilitary quot to OC what probably toggle the memory increase Core Mem PcStats - Apparently not good result for Memory unlike the Core Would I be able to reach some final result at least quot near quot from the quot first quot above I would like to know my video card limits but only to decrease it a bit around mhz would be enough in order to have a safe operation with stock cooling of it Well That s it Sorry for the excessive number of doubts and THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL HELP HINT nbsp

A:Help to my FIRST OVERCLOCK, Please !

IMO,,
Radion cards go with "ATITool" or RIVA Tuner.
With nVidia cards,,"CoolBits"
1. look at the card, Is the Heatsink good enough? i.e. Nice and big?, got an "active" Cooler on it?.
2.Down load something to see if your getting more "Speed" i.e. GLxs,and/or any of the 3DMarks.
3.Do your "Core" first in small steps,,like 5Mhz at a time.
4.After you up the core run a test after each Tweak,once you get Artifacts drop back one setting and run test TWICE.
5.Follow the same stpps with your mem.

just the basics for you,just keep in mind the higher the Mhz setting the more heat is produced.
i too am somewhat "New" at the OC'n thing. Voltage also has an effect but i dont go thare,,so i wouldn't suggest it.

Be carefull and think about if you really want to OC stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-my-first-overclock-please.14283/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi there just want overclock? to possible to ask u guys my friend wants me to overclock his pc Here s his pc s specs asus P - B current FSB multiplier x max is x PCI Mhz AGP Mhz Ordinary Memory one MBPC one MBPC one MBPC SDRAM - gt pretty weird coz it works P Mhz FSB I check his motherboard and found out that i can change his FSB to Mhz One thing i noticed is that theres a guide there that i can choose to make FSB to with PCI of Mhz and other choices are FSB PCI etc Meaning I can change its FSB and automatically its PCI without choosing a multiplier Another thing is that there is no jumper for AGP multiplier I checked his possible to overclock? mainboard using Sandra Soft and found out that its system chipset is Intel Corporation BX ZX possible to overclock? BX ZX CPU to PCI Bridge AGP Implemented -- gt does this means that it automatically adjust the AGP speed if you change your PCI speed If I would change the FSB to and change the multiplier to x without changing the PCI and AGP speed resulting to CPU speed of Mhz Is this posssible Or this PC will crash Please giv me pieces of advice thanx nbsp

A:possible to overclock?

Multiplier is locked on that chip, it cannot be changed no matter what options are available in the bios. Those settings are for lots of differenct chips.

Agp in 2/3 of the front side bus, can't be manually changed so every increase in front side bus also overclocks the agp bus.

pci bus should stay as close to 33 as possible, it is 1/3 of the fsb.

It's never going to boot at the 133 setting and even if it does unless it has super cooling it will overheat quick.

With that mismatched memory I wouldn't think it's going to overclock very far, maybe a 117 bus would run.

The way to do it if the options are available is to slowly increase the fsb bus from 100 to say 105, see if it boots and runs okay. If it does bump it another 5, so on, until it won't boot or won't load windows. Back it off then and try it.

It all depends on the bios options and the cooling. If it's not there don't bother.

Can't remember if that board has a vcore adjustment, a slight increase in vcore can help but it also creates more heat.

Nominal I beleive is 2.5 volts for that chip, could be wrong, would not go over 2.7

Just remember, a bad overclock can destroy components and data

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-overclock.143402/
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently ran across this ebay auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80143&item=6829133330

This guy claims that he overclocked this CPU a whole gigahertz (3.0GHz to 4.0GHz). The part I have a problem with is that he says he did it on the cpu not the motherboard. I don't think that is possible unless someone can prove me wrong. Can someone explain to me if this is possible or not?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
Two hardward issues: 1)CPU upgrade and 2)Video card. The motherboard and vid card specs are in my sig.

I recently upgraded my cpu from a Sempron to Athon 3000+. My understanding is that it is supposed to do the work load of a Pentium 4 at 3.0 Ghz. That Athlon is running at 2.18 Ghz so that just doesn't seem right. Does it work as well as a 3.0Ghz? And the real question, can it be overclocked, or is it not worth it?

The video card below can be overclocked by using the nvidia tool can't it, or do I have to something else? And how high can I get it before it melts?

Thanks for the help.

A:Can I overclock these?

AMD processors run at a lower clock speed then intel processors. They do MORE work per clock cycle then an Intel does so your AMD 3000+ should perform about the same as a p4 3.0ghz.

AMD is the overclocking processor of choice for many enthusiasts due to the fact they tend to be cheaper then their intel counterparts. IF you are not familiar with the process you should read up as much as possible on the subject. It would be impossible to tell you how to overclock in 1 post as there are too many variables.

No way to say how high you can go. A lot of times it's a crapshoot. No 2 processors will overclock the same. It's really a matter of getting a 'Cherry' core(meaning getting lucky).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-overclock-these.431519/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just wanted to know if it is possible to overclock my specific cpu without any problems. I have a AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G running at 2.1 GHz. I want to know if i can overclock it, how to overclock it, how much i can over clock it, and if i can do it without any damage or overheating. Please help!

A:Can I overclock my CPU?

Why do you want to overclock that processor in that laptop?

http://products.amd.com/en-us/search/APU/AMD-FX-Series-Processors/AMD-FX-Series-Processors-for-Laptops/FX-8800P-with-Radeon?-R7-Graphics/123

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-overclock-my-cpu.1168358/
Relevancy 34.83%

what does Overclocking the cpu men?
how can i know if my AMD DURON cpu is overclocked?

how can i overclock the cpu?

A:overclock the cpu

thats a big question , do a whole bunch of research , go to , www.overclockers.com to start with .its going to take you a few weeks to get started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclock-the-cpu.86177/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just need to know if overclocking even by a . is worth the trouble? I have a decent system and cant see that this overclocking is worth crashig your system, even if you get 1 more fps. Can someone clear a fi this?

A:Overclock

to me its worth it, smoother the game runs, the more u will enjoy it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock.80517/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi ,

I have a PC P4 2.4 / 1gb ram / 120 gb HDD barakuta Samsung / intel GBV motherboard / how can i over clock it or how can i get a better performance from it / i currently am runing WINDOWS XP PROF / REDHAT 9 on it ... is there a software solution to this ? Need help

A:How to Overclock 2.4 Ghz P4 ?

I advise you to save your nickels and upgrade to a faster system. Overclocking is not for amateurs. Personally, I don't do it, since I'd rather have a reliable system than a faster one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-overclock-2-4-ghz-p4.396224/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi,

i have an amd athlon xp 2500 and would like to overclock it however i have everest home edition and see the cpu temperature is 59 degrees, i would expect the cpu to be quite hot as my computer aint been turned off for two days. would you overclock my processor runnnin at 59 degrees??

gaz

A:cpu overclock?

I wouldn't advise overclocking that, not at 60 that's pretty hot. Possibly get some case fans or other means of cooling and see what the temperature hangs at then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-overclock.314032/
Relevancy 34.83%

Intel Core i7 860
Asus P7P55D
Cpu Voltage: 1.425
IMC Voltage: 1.25
BCLK: 187x21
Don't worry about my cooling and other stuff.
I can get it to 3.94ghz perfectly stable. All I want is 4.0ghz., but when i try it I get the BSOD.
Also what should the temps be at 100% load, and what's the highest I can set my voltage before it frys.

A:CPU overclock help

3.94ghz is 4.0ghz for the most part. the other 60mhz is nothing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overclock-help.146587/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
My system is currently running on an LGA775 Celeron D 3.06ghz (although in bios it said it is 3.07ghz) and I overclocked it to 3.22ghz. Temps are currently @ 37/38 degrees celsius. Can I overclock any more than what it is at now? Or will it overheat? Thanks

A:Can I overclock any more?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic9388.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-any-more.92731/
Relevancy 34.83%

My Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200
Gigabyte S-Series G31M-ES2L motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM

How much could I overclock with my dual core? Need instructions and etc. thanks

A:How much could I overclock?

Hi Waterproof,
the e5200 has a history of going to 4Ghz with a minor bump in voltage (1.415-1.430) check this out from bit-tech http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2008/12/22/athlon-x2-7750-vs-intel-e5200-oc-review/1 i would in no way shape or form attempt this without a very good aftermarket HS/F, and reading up on overclocking. and you are aware that when you overclock that there is always a chance that you could burn up your processor and the components attached to it right? a vast majority of time if you do it correctly you will add performance and things will be fine, but there is always a chance. enough of my soapbox! this article has good info on how to overclock the e5200. hope it helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-could-i-overclock.129160/
Relevancy 34.83%

I would like to overclock my Gateway Performance 933's CPU. It's an Intel D815EEA 'Fedora' mobo with an Intel 82815 'Solano' chip set,933Mhz,133 FSB and Intel Corp. EA81510A BIOS. I know that because it's Intel the clock multiplier is locked so I can only increase the FSB. The only problem is that I cannot find anywhere to adjust the FSB or voltage in my BIOS. I have used the jumper to access the 'maintenance' mode,but nowhere do I see anything to do with the FSB/voltage. I must be overlooking something! Is there some program I need to download to access the FSB adjustment? or maybe I'm SOL on this one. Thanks

A:Overclock or NOT!

Not all mobo's supports overclocking...
Especially those sold through gateway, compaq, ibm etc... And Intel hasn't been very forthcoming for the oc'ing scene lately (with the exception of nortwood)...

You could possibly flash your BIOS with a more oc friendly version, but I doubt you'll find any which are compatible... This leaves connecting the L1 bridges manually... Which AFAIK isn't a viable option with Intel, as they are somewhere under the cermic cover...

What I'm trying to say is that (but I do like to type ):
I doubt there are any easy way for you to oc you current machine...

.02$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-or-not.2922/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor. Ive done some overclocking with Video Cards and stuff. I used to have a Gigibyte motherboard which came with a program called EasyTune5 but I recently changed to ASUS and I was wondering what program I should use to overclock my Processor?

A:How to Overclock

Would make sure to read this beforehand:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic70998.html

And then mabye take a look here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=962154
Also, exactly what model is your board?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-overclock.72568/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have Athlon XP 1800+ at 1.5GHz. Can I overclock it to match a Dell P4 2.2GHz? Without jeopardizing stability?

A:How much can I overclock my AMD?

It depends on the stepping of your core. If you are lucky (and have 1.3u core, with the right stepping), you'll be able to get up to [email protected] performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-can-i-overclock-my-amd.8668/
Relevancy 34.83%

can i overclock my Intel(R) D CPU 3.33ghz ATI radeon xpress 200 series 662mb ram
bus speed 133.2mhz core 3333.5 Cache L1 16 kbytes, L2 Cache 512kbytes

*aint good at giving the right info*

A:Can I overclock this?

Given the context, I'm assuming you've bought this from some OEM vendor such as Dell or something.

The graphics card you mentioned is one that's built into the motherboard. This poses 2 problems:
1: the graphics card cannot be overlocked at all. If you can even try, I wouldn't recommend it since the cooling system on the graphics chip would not be sufficient, and this would cause all sorts of problems on that same chip (which unfortunately controls just about everything else on the motherboard).
2: the motherboard in question wouldn't be built for overclocking. Overclocking facilities will be minimal at best.

Also, the CPU in question comes with very limited cache, which will not be very efficient doing anything you want anyway. (ie: its crap).

Please note that overclocking isn't the panacea for crappy hardware: you usually have to start with decent hardware (note that decent doesn't mean high end) to overclock. Read my FAQ for some info about overclocking, and bear in mind that low end hardware is usually a whole different architecture altogether (i7, i5(I think), C2D all have different architectures, not to mention the dual core and quad core varieties)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-this.140106/
Relevancy 34.83%

in the bios there is a cpu multiplier ... can i set it to the highest and "maybe" overclock? if not how do i overclock my celeron 1.1ghz?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I've heard there are ways that you can overclock your processer but dont kow how (know somewhere in bios I have award bios) I have a AMD K6-2 550mhz processer and 256 mb RAM and a w/8mb video card. Can someone please tell me how, thx.

A:overclock.............

Overclocking with a processor that small can probably be accomplished by setting the jumpers for multiplier up a bit. I wouldn't mess with teh core voltage setting.
Whatever you do, get a great cooling fan to go with it. Now it's going to run hotter than it did.
I would recommend going to some gamer's sites like Thresh's Firing squad and such and reading more about it for detailed instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclock.90867/