Windows Support Forum

Freeze at Load screen xp sp2

Q: Freeze at Load screen xp sp2

Hello,

My dell inspiron 530a is frozen at load screen and the bar stays at halfway and doesnt move. I can not press F2 or F8 because my dell (not wireless) Keyboard isnt responding. I have tried removing and putting back in my ram with no success. Any sugestions or ideas would be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/freeze-at-load-screen-xp-sp2-447003.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Freeze at Load screen xp sp2

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 62.35%

my internet explorer screen comes up blank on screen after i load my computer freezes for a few min then says iesettingsupdates in the url then goes away can this be fixed easily

A:internet explorer screen freeze on load up

Hello and Welcome to TSF

What version of IE are you using ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-screen-freeze-on-load-up-154782.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Everyone I have no Random under Freeze dump Screen load, Black New generated file PC, bought a new custom built desktop PC about weeks ago and ever since purchase I have been freezes about once twice per day tried looking into it quite a New PC, Random Black Screen Freeze under load, no dump file generated bit but can't find the solution anywhere When the crash happens the screen just suddenly blacks out no prior warning signs at all sounds continue to play for about - seconds then New PC, Random Black Screen Freeze under load, no dump file generated gets stuck on a loop and a hard reboot is required each time No dump file generated at all It does get recorded in the event viewer as this - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Andy-PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp Seems to only happen under load gaming - of the time with Europa Universalis for some reason very rarely with other games but still occurs never happens with office browsing youtube email etc even during extended sessions I have so far done - full system reformat re-install and update didn't help - Multiple runs of passmark burn-in tests mins each episode of freezing during a dun but the rest passed fine CPU and GPU temps were good - Deg for CPU and Deg for GPU - Multiple runs of RAM tests - all passed no errors - Furmark GPU stress test - max temp degrees no crashes or artifacts - Multiple antivirus scans - nothing found OS Windows professional bit Service Pack all updates installed System Specs PSU Antec NEO C ECO Motherboard ASRock H M-PRO H CPU Intel BX I I - GHZ RAM G Skill G x G DDR VGA Gigabyte GV-R OC SSD Kingston SSDnow SV S A G HDD Toshiba TB RPM HDD The SSD only contains windows and office all other software are on HDD All components are assembled and apparently burn-in tested by vendor no over clocking at all I am thinking this is probably a hardware issue rather than a software one but can't pin down which component is at fault here would really appreciate any advice PS I have uploaded the zip file but don't think it contains too much

A:New PC, Random Black Screen Freeze under load, no dump file generated

The file you uploaded didn't contain anything. Please run Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions again and select option 2 in the instructions. Click the big orange 'Grab All' button and give it time to finish. Then upload the entire file and we will take a look.

Also, please include manufacturer and model of the PSU in your system specs at the bottom left of your last post. Just click that and there will be a link there to update system specs. Be sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you haven't already, please list the PSU, CPU cooler and anything else that may help. Sometimes we have to look up a component, so the details to do that helps us to help you.

Also, after that please open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

You actually did very well in filling in the system specs. Just a couple more things need to be added. Also, welcome to Seven Forums. When you say a new custom built computer, who built it and I assume it is still under warranty. Just add any details you can about the problem. If it happens when running a certain app, or when doing a certain thing that would be useful info to help us nail down the problem. Can I also assume the OS as already installed when you received the computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350017-new-pc-random-black-screen-freeze-under-load-no-dump-file-generated.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Just started two-days-ago. Mozilla 1.5.0.7 and IE 6.0.2900. I did a system restore back for two weeks to no avail as "nothing changed."

Mozilla and IE, through Mozilla, either takes long to load or no load. If it does load does so without .gifs or some links. Some links are broken. Some will load the login page fine then freeze on the next page.

The perplexing part is that it affects only a few pages but not the whole site: my hompage, Nasdaq.com; ebay.com (after the login page), espn.com takes a while, 240 sec, to load then only partially load.

Network fine, signal strength fine, I've killed Symantec, no difference. Switched to Windows firewall, no difference. Killed Adblock, no diff. Ran Spyware Doc, nothing; NAV scan, nothing.

I'm lost. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, "It's not a tumor", said in my best Kindergarten Cop, Schwarzenegger voice.

A:Mozilla Freeze On Load Or No Load On Some Pages

Ive been having the same problem. Im with Virgin and they were useless with the advice they gave. Try reinstalling your modem. My line has recently been upgraded to 8.1meg from 2.2 and i think the modem hasnt quite got the hang of it being this quick yet. It seems to work for a while but my line keeps changing. At first it ran at 7.6 and the problems with pages started so i reinstalled the drivers from the disk and it shot straight upto 8.1. Its been a pain for the past few days with some sits(even my homepage of Virgin) so i reinstalled it again and all the pages now come up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68429/mozilla-freeze-on-load-or-no-load-on-some-pages/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi My Laptop freezes on first freeze (desktop screen freeze) appears then boot Usually when I am using after - hours it boots as always but when desktop screen appears and and taskbar items are getting loaded suddenly the screen freezes I can do nothing at this point except a hard shut off and restart after which it starts working fine which is why i am able to type this I am very worried I have used the three tools you mentioned Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon screen freeze (desktop appears then freeze) exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Drive Encryption HpFkCrypt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C WINDOWS system ifxspmgt exe C WINDOWS system IFXTCS exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Nitro PDF Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService exe C WINDOWS system IfxPsdSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard IAM bin asghost exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard SeagateDashboardService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Embedded Security Software PSDrt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard MemeoDashboard exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https mail google com mail h sro wvsazgjv pli amp email protected amp zy g amp shva amp f amp shva R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SS... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-freeze-desktop-appears-then-freeze.987923/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have ssd's in my computer samsung evo - GB and kingston SSDnow GB I had another kingston gb but that one wasn't working anymore so i bought the GB samsung on the GB kingston i have my windows and game counter strike Windows will load on it without any try not SSD to from i any / Everything freeze will load work problem but the game won't load at all if i put the game on my other SSD samsung evo it will also not load but Everything i try to load from any SSD will freeze / not work when i put it on my HDD it's loading perfect Dota game same story Battlefield game same story Far cry it starts up but won't load a map on ssd and working perfect on HDD Anyone any idea Everything i try to load from any SSD will freeze / not work what's causing this i can't believe both of my Everything i try to load from any SSD will freeze / not work SSD's are broken The samsung is weeks old i run win ult x amd fx- and a Asrock fatal ty fx killer motherboard with GB DDR ram Here's a benchmark of my samsung evo SSD Officially it should have a read of mb s i think it's so high because of Ram caching or something like that

A:Everything i try to load from any SSD will freeze / not work

so you can copy files to and from the drive?

maybe copy a movie to and from the drive and see if it still works.

i'd maybe try swapping drive letters and sata ports, formatting mbr as gpt or vice versa.

all i said is very maybe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/353728-everything-i-try-load-any-ssd-will-freeze-not-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Q cpu gtx gpu gig ram hard drives optical drives My hardware seems to be ok as I have cleaned and reconnected all slot devices and checked all cable attatchments My but load 7 on freeze runs 32&64 mode. pro in Win safe pc was running win ultimate and had been working perfectly for weeks With no software or hardware changes at all I turned if off Win 7 32&64 pro freeze on load but runs in safe mode. one night and the next morning it froze on loading after login password I have since reformated with win pro and on each hard drive to test them for faults the hard way I am currently dual booted win pro and i have done a ntbtlog and my pc will occasionally load normally if I do quot load last known good settings quot but its rare and it will freeze once I use a browser and go a few pages or start an app like a game I downloaded a game with steam and it allowed me to dowload the whole game and froze times took bout hours total Just wanted to see it do a non graphic task and it still froze It will run in Win 7 32&64 pro freeze on load but runs in safe mode. safe mode Im making this post and have been working to diagnose this problem in safe on the broken pc Attatched is the ntbtlog zip hope it helps

A:Win 7 32&64 pro freeze on load but runs in safe mode.

I apologize in advance for bumping, but I really need my pc for school...any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/140801-win-7-32-64-pro-freeze-load-but-runs-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I paid about for this system That price is high for me It is still under warranty It a GB drive Files amp folders take longer to Files take freeze. sometimes folders & to longer load and load and sometimes freeze This happens with a clean install as well as preloaded Files & folders take longer to load and sometimes freeze. system I am trying to figure out what service is causing this problem or is it because dell should of put a bit instead of a bit on this machine or put Vista on this I even tried disabling indexing totally didn t work This is a problem with some systems One person did report after upgrading to using the full install disk It stopped the problem Which must mean it has something to do with the OS I don t know if would do the same thing with the bit I already ran the bios diagnosis no problems with anything Anyone else know what service is causing this It is none of the dell drivers Here is my system specs GB Drive OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name Removed -PC System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron One System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU G T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot will give upon request quot User Name Removed Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

A:Files & folders take longer to load and sometimes freeze.

While you are having this trouble, you might want to uninstall Xyvos Antivirus. The main part of that antivirus software has not been updated since 2010. The website domain registration lists incorrect info. The website has not been updated since 2010. [I could not figure out how to get that antivirus tool to scan a file.]

You might want to try Microsoft Security Essentials.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321973-files-folders-take-longer-load-sometimes-freeze.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Let me clarify that I am NOT USING the same computer that has the problem I am on a friends computer so anything I download from majorgeeks will have to be burned to Watson Help!! Freeze Crash/please At Load/dr. Desktop a disk and RAN IN SAFE MODE because my laptop will only run in SAFE MODE until I resolve this issue HP PAVILION ZT cl running Windows XP Home SP As of days ago the DESKTOP will FREEZE when it is loading startup icons and the mouse arrow keeps a quot busy quot symbol and it cannot select the quot start quot button cannot click on anything on the desktop just stays frozen in a quot loading quot position I cannot get my laptop to do anything so I have to CTL ALT DEL and do a quot Restart quot in SAFE MODE and then I cannot get on the internet or anything in Safe Mode If I download anything from Major Geeks for help please remember that I need instructions for burning a Freeze At Desktop Load/dr. Watson Crash/please Help!! CD to take to my laptop because I cannot get on the internet or run anything but SAFE MODE PLEASE HELP - I really need this laptop to work and I have tried SYSTEM RESTORE doesn t solve it and I have tried regedit and it doesn t solve it and I don t know what else to delete or try at this point I greatly appreciate any help and I am desperate Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

My son is playing runescape on the web and gets this error.

System in running Windows XP SP2

any ideas? Goggle searches seem to indicate that a 16 bit program may be having issues with Xp but nothing I can place my fnger on to fix.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

A:Win16 subsystem load failure cannot load critical screen resources from wow32.dll

Look at this link, scroll down to Correcting the WOW32.DLL Application Error in Windows XP
http://support.mfm.com/support/troub...run/wow32.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win16-subsystem-load-failure-cannot-load-critical-screen-resources-from-wow32-dll-60512.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Computer just turned off automatically today and it will not load past the begining load screen with the Alien Head load screen where you can press f2 and enter setup or f12 to boot options. I cannot load safe mode or remove the battery as it does not have any place to access it.
Windows 7. Alienware m14x.

A:Alienware Laptop wont load past Alien Head Load Screen

Any fans running, any post beeps? Your laptop does not have a CMOS battery. Try removing the chargeable battery and power adapter. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in just the power adapter and try powering up the machine again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/alienware-laptop-wont-load-past-alien-head-load-screen-660209.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

Laptop is a Samsung R510 running Vista.

When it is switched on, it gets stuck on the Samsung BIOS load screen. The F2 (Setup) and F4 (Recovery) buttons don't work unless they are pressed straight away. But when they are pressed it says 'Please Wait', but nothing happens.

I have changed the CMOS battery, but it hasn't helped.

I have also taken the hard drive out and turned it on, still the same.  Each RAM stick has been tried on its own, and it is still the same.

Can anyone help?

A:Laptop Stuck On BIOS Load Screen/Won't Load Vista

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

Start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513423/laptop-stuck-on-bios-load-screenwont-load-vista/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, so after logon on windows 7 , my networking freeze for some time it looks that: , and other apps in autostart can't load until this icon will be clear without this ring inside.
I have PC connect to router and installed the newest realtek driver for win 7 on motherboard asrock p43de.

Whats the problem, how to fix it, before i it normally loaded..

A:pc long load after logon(network freeze for some time)

It appears you're having a problem with dhcp providing an address. You could attempt to fix the problem by assigning a static ip address to the machine.

Not certain this will fix it as I'm seeing the same problem occasionally with machines that have realtek adaptors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47615-pc-long-load-after-logon-network-freeze-some-time.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have HP Envy m -n dx windows -bit nbsp I got the windows blue screen then when the windows attempted to restart a black scrren showed up and windows did not boot I tried several things but nothing worked Here is a list of what I have tried nbsp I did a hard reset nbsp I made sure the batery and the AC adaptor are not the problem nbsp I tried pressing the ESC seveal times after powering the device but nothing happened to load the safe mode nbsp I tried to restore the bios by pressing the windows and B keys and then pressing and then releasing load, not Diagnostics does screen, Black BIOS load not does the power botton and continue to press the other two keys When I do that I can see the hard drive light comes on for a few seconds then the screen lights but it stays blank I contine to press the two keys for - minutes but nothing shows on the screen Then when I release the windows and the B keys the screen goes dark and the power buttoon continues to light The power goes off if I press the power button for several seconds I tired this several Black screen, BIOS does not load, Diagnostics does not load times nbsp I tried step but with a USB drive The same happened nbsp I tried pressing the power button then the nbsp F key several times The screen continued to be black nbsp I tried the pressing the windows key P Nothing happened nbsp I tried to run HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI from a USB but the screen remaind black nbsp I tried to load the safe mode from a USB but the screen remained black nbsp If there is anything else I can try please let me know nbsp Could the motherboard be the problem I bought the laptop about a month ago so it is still relatively new nbsp Please help nbsp

A:Black screen, BIOS does not load, Diagnostics does not load

It sounds like some sort of hardware failure, possibly hard drive. You have a 1 yr warranty with HP. Scroll down on the page here to start a request for service. You will be given your contact options:https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-ENVY-m7-n100-Notebook-PC-(Touch)/9365082/model/93...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-BIOS-does-not-load-Diagnostics-does-not-load/td-p/5826321
Relevancy 46.01%

About a week ago my computer started to run slower than normal Programs would load at what I thought was the normal speed and run just fine Games worked fine Loading of web pages worked just fine as well But as I said about a week ago my computer started running slower Startup is fine and still fast What has changed is the loading of programs will off and on be programs load, slow take freeze Solved: computer while up, other Web pages to a on slow When I do something within the program sometimes it will freeze for just a moment before continuing with that process With the internet - web pages Solved: Web pages take a while to load, freeze up, other programs on computer slow take extremely slow to load now And when I click through pages on any website myspace facebook gmail cnn whatever each page within that site Solved: Web pages take a while to load, freeze up, other programs on computer slow takes a while to load A couple of times Firefox of all things has had to shut down unexpectedly Sometimes it will give me an Solved: Web pages take a while to load, freeze up, other programs on computer slow error message and sometimes it just closes without any warning I have defraged my hard drive scanned my computer with spybot adaware and Trend Micro Anti-Virus And aside from the few low security bits and pieces here and there it hasn t picked anything up I have GB of RAM on a Windows XP AMD Athalon EMachines computer My computer is three years old I have a large hard drive I m kind of at a loss and don t know what to do I m almost to the point of possibly just going out and buying another computer but I thought I d try this as I ve heard positive things with the Hijack This program so I am hoping with this program and your guys help we might be able to get down to the bottom of this In advance I d like to thank whomever helps me with this for your time Here is my file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure SecurityActivityDashboard tmarsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar ProToolbarUpdate exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TSCFPlatformCOMSvr exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar PlatformDependent ProToolbarComm exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearc... Read more

A:Solved: Web pages take a while to load, freeze up, other programs on computer slow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-web-pages-take-a-while-to-load-freeze-up-other-programs-on-computer-slow.757128/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys I think I have a virus Specs are an Intel-based PC running Windows bit Symptoms AVG detection - found a 'MalSign ClientConnect A ' yesterday Cscript exe process Poor booting - boots to windows login fine but getting into Windows is inconsistent Sometimes it works sometimes - programs virus freeze/Windows Possible disabled, occasional issues load I get a grey screen sometimes a black screen The latter leads to alot of HDD activity and only occurs when the internet is disconnected Programs no longer run - this seems to be most Windows programs plus installed programs located in the c program files folder Programs in the -bit c program files x folder appear to work Application errors - rundll exe comes up twice rtkNGUI exe all at Possible virus - programs disabled, occasional freeze/Windows load issues first Windows entry Complete freezes Internet issues - Chrome Possible virus - programs disabled, occasional freeze/Windows load issues works as it's in the x folder and browsing seems sluggish but ok The issues are when the net is simply on the machine freezes HDD starts loading or I get black screens Possible causes A torrent file - recently I was downloading a torrent for a bunch of old F races legit from - and I wanted to swap clients Redownloaded the original torrent file and it kept downloading to appdata temp not downloads After a minute it would disappear entirely Files was MB which is unusual for a torrent or I don't have a virus but messed something up see below Emisoft anti malware - all hell broke loose right after I ran this yesterday Before that I just suspected I had a virus The scan showed only one possible issue something called 'setting disableregistrytools' I deleted it then the problems above started A latter scan using Malwarebytes found or so issues most being files in a temp folder I couldn't get a log because notepad doesn't work refer issues above I also couldn't delete the files it just didn't work Other issues Rkill doesn't work as the Command Console is disabled Windows reported a strange 'COM surrogate' error The scan turned up an odd alleged program called OCComSDK I can't system restore because CP is disabled I can't create log files as notepad is disabled Would appreciate advice or assistance For the purposes of logs I'll try and make notepad my default It works unlike the stock notepad Thanks Dan

A:Possible virus - programs disabled, occasional freeze/Windows load issues

Hi Danzar1 My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Are you able to boot in Safe Mode with Networking, and run MiniToolBox using the instructions below from there?MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Winsock Entries;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603279/possible-virus-programs-disabled-occasional-freezewindows-load-issues/
Relevancy 45.15%

Very similar to the following problem but i do not have a raid and it seems that this PC has a raid and i don t plus it was never really determined what the actual solution was http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-cant-boot-black html The basics XP Professional Boot up screen right before the windows loading screen or direct after the F Menu if you hit quot Start Windows Normally quot it will just lock up no HDD activity blank screen now before Splash Up Screen Safe screen. works. mode Freeze Blank BSOD nothing All safe mods work Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works. fine Ran chkdsk r in recovery Ran proper fixboot procedure Went into safe mode and checked the event viewer The only concerning message i got was The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AmdK Fips nod drv Formatting really isnt an issue since i can back up anything i need through safe mode However its just the fact that the Windows gremlin has struck me again and i must defeat it once more I highly doubt this is a hardware issue as it is more of a driver software issue Anymore information for me or from me that you need i would be extremely happy Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works.

Before I say the hard drive is dying, you need to try the XP repair as you have done most else you can already:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-freeze-up-before-splash-screen-safe-mode-works.634630/
Relevancy 45.15%

Usually POST screen would show up first with a laptop company logo, but now Windows 7 startup appears first instead.

Then, the Windows 7 startup screen freezes immediately.

What's the problem? Motherboard or corrupted BIOS?

Thanks.

A:No POST screen, straight into Windows 7 startup screen, and freeze

Try a BIOS reset first.
Shut off the computer, remove the power supply, remove the laptop battery. Then press and hold the POWER button for about 30 seconds. Then put everything back together and boot.

See if that gets you the boot screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277851-no-post-screen-straight-into-windows-7-startup-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi screen windows (black screen startup BSOD and freeze all i have a problem with my pc it randomly freeze at startup BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze getting me black white or distorted screens after min the pc reboot and all go normal this problem can come or times at the same time after the pc BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze finish his reboot it get me an error like this Firma problema Nome evento problema BlueScreen Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA B C BCP FFFFF FECBAE BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product and if i go on operative center it get me this Firma del problema Nome evento problema LiveKernelEvent Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA AF F BCP FFFFF F C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ID bucket X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Informazioni sul server e f a - - b - f - c b d here are the information that i see in the bsod post introduction OS -windows x its an assembled pc by me and i ve installed original win Full reatil version the system have week i have upgrade it from an old one created by me year ago the OS has week i have re intsalled it after the upgrade cpu-- gt i K with an after market cooler video card- gt Nvidia GTX with afetr market cooler motherboard - gt asus p z -v gen power supply - gt corsair tx v System Manufacturer gt by me XD here are the output from Windows Vista jcgriff and from perfmon PS sorry for my bad english - -''

A:BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze

Ok 116 error is caused by your Graphics card.
First thing to do is update your drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If BSODs continue Try HDD tests,
download gpu-z to check if your card is getting too hot, also is there lots of dust in the card?

Do you overclock your video card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-black-screen-and-windows-startup-screen-freeze-622591.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey all,
I am having problems with the screen freeing when running multiple windows (Chrome, office etc etc). When I try to swap between windows, I get a freeze and I am unable to do anything.
The cursor can be seen moving around the screen but has no effect in any area. The Windows Key doesn't ppear, nor can I tab into another programme.
If I try and start task manager to see which program is causing this, it will not appear over the frozen image.
Is there a way of telling from an event log what program is failing?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93064-Screen-freeze-and-black-screen-with-problems-multiple-windows
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all this is my first time posting I receive a BSOD upon startup freeze updates BSOD on screen screen, windows sign in also once I reach windows login screen After a couple of seconds input will lock up Usually this is followed after a few moments by a BSOD though occasionally input is reallowed and computer functions normally This BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen continues until windows tries to install updates When signing off to reboot configurations reach and computer attempts reboot At this time before reaching the BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen sign on screen I get what I can best describe as a bunch of staggered blue and light blue lines across my entire monitor which requires me to hard boot my computer To restore functionality I have to go into safe mode where I'm informed 'failure configuring windows updates' and my computer automatically reverts the updates Afterwards I can boot normally and I'm back up to the login which occasionally allows me to proceed I've updated several drivers uninstalled recently installed programs and have backed up all files I care to keep I've tried to do a bit of research but I'm not getting very far and this has been going on for several days My most recent BSOD info is posted below please help before my computer bites the dust for good Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFF A A OS Version Service Pack Product Sorry also during the actual blue screen I receive the message IRQL not less or equal Thanks again in advance

A:BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen

Hi aballou

Take a look at the link below to show you how to upload the dump files

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282628-bsod-sign-screen-also-windows-updates-freeze-screen.html
Relevancy 45.15%

ok put a new MOBO in my area m to fix a not booting problem the occured from a suspecting power surge while i as deployed overseas problem was fixed some what now it POST Alienware XP load load won't screen past and everything but when it get to the XP load screen with the blue bar that bounces back and forth it shuts down i try to re boot it gives the normal xp not shut down normal and the normal choices i try to boot in any option even safe mode it repeats the Alienware won't load past XP load screen problem swapped HD MEM CMOS bat when using the respawn kit norton ghost of HD at date of shipment of CPU i got with the cpu it will reload xp but doesn t fix the problem if i try and load a fresh copy of xp it won t even get pas tthe first portaion or the install before it shuts down cpu specs pro intel p ram gforcego graphis dual hd i g and i g non raid prolem even exsist in RAID or i am suspecting a corrupt file load somewhere in the thread but the guy fixing it suspects hardware Help please this problemhas got me a witts end nbsp

A:Alienware won't load past XP load screen

Pay more attention to your typing...

Your going to have to strip down the system to bare minimum hardware. Set the bios to failsafe defaults, use on-board video if you have it. Remove any USB devices and any add-in PCI cards like a NIC, sound card and use only 1 stick of RAM for the Windows fresh install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-wont-load-past-xp-load-screen.82339/
Relevancy 45.15%

This just started happening last night. Earlier that day I bought a 160gb seagate external HD at Fry's for 50 bux and was moving tons a files over to it (for about 3 hours). At one point I cancelled uploading and rebooted fine, but later that night my girlfriend did the same thing and rebooted and XP will not load... not in safe mode. I didn't install anything with the external HD as it was Plug n Play and I didn't install any new programs yesterday either...

I don't have a Win XP CD either (or boot disk). I guess my first action will need to be to buy Win XP and try a system recovery?

Is there any way to find out what is stopping it from loading?

I also switched the memory sticks with some other memory and that did nothing...

I'm at a loss :l

A:Windows XP won't load passed the load screen...

ap f8 when booting and from the options try
last known good configuration
if that's no good boot into the recovery console and try
fixboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-wont-load-passed-the-load-screen-152452.html
Relevancy 45.15%

it kept doing check disk on start up but got that to stop now it keeps freezing on load wont go any where but if I log on to another admin account on the cmp its fine. Its just when I go into my main admin it refuses to do any thing and I ran registry booster and it gave me tons of errors how do I fix these.

A:freezing on load if it does load it gives me a blue screen

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First if you can I need you to run a full updated scan using you Anti-Virus..

Next if you do not have malwarebytes, then please download it and run a full scan, here is the link and you can download the free version.

Malwarebytes

When you get the results back please let us know

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289336-freezing-load-if-does-load-gives-me-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Mod Edit Moved to MRL forum as a DDS log is included OP made posts in AII websites, impossib stream load cant play freeze, downloading cant Mozilla video, so topic was missed as many replies boopme This was my first post after the infection Avast detected and deleted Win Dropper-gen Drp http www bleepingcomputer com forums t mozilla-will-not-download-ddsscr-would-not-allow-yahoo-mail-search-help page- I have Windows installed in my ASUS A A and it is not allowing me to run Combofix DDS Minitoolbox Why I tried launching DDS com but I got error screen displaying NSIS Error X Installer integrity check has failed Common causes Mozilla freeze, cant load websites, cant play stream video, downloading impossib include incomplete download and damaged media Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy More information at http nsis sf net NSIS error No options clicked OK To download DDS I used this link http www bleepingcomputer com forums t preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help Hello thank you for reading and your potential help Few days ago I tried to download CCleaner and at that time I believe I made wrong decisions by not reading all the Next tabs that appeared Consequently I started receiving instant messages from Scotty WinPatrol trying to stop me from authorizing registry changes I did it I followed what it said and nothing bad happened till I wanted to start using CCleaner and stupidly I crave in to the authorization for CCleaner to change registry My Mozilla started surfing slower I lost the capacity to search into my yahoo mail I will click on Okcupid and a windown will pop up words will appear high-lightened and a search box will appear next to it I tried downloading DDS scr but Mozilla was unable to do so after minutes it still shows s remaining and it will not finish downloading I tried entering this forum and Mozilla will keep rolling and rolling without loading the page frozen page What should I do I know I had threats detected by ESET but only was erased How can I make Windows to run DDS as Administrator could that make DDS work Thank you Alex

A:Mozilla freeze, cant load websites, cant play stream video, downloading impossib

1) PC just shut down with no warning.
2) I downloaded DDS 3 times but PC will not allow it to run.
3) Malwarebytes: PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING
4) Can not stream video.
5) Can not check on yahoo mail. Blocked and Mozilla freeze.
6) Redirecting to Norton site.
7) Encoding of pages, no surfing possible.
8) It took me 7 times to be able to post on bleepingcomputer.com. I am blocked from making changes to my postings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514228/mozilla-freeze-cant-load-websites-cant-play-stream-video-downloading-impossib/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone,

I've had voltage issues causing my computer to freeze or reboot during games and dvds. Fixed that and the computer was fine after memtest showing no problems. That was late Dec.

A few days ago, the computer would go to a blue screen saying it's dumping physical memory and then automatically reboots. Thinking my harddisk might be collapsing on me (I have a seagate barracuda 7200.11 500Gb HD with the SD15 firmware, the infamous crash friendly HD), I flash the HD with the SD1A firmware from seagate, then it was fine. 2days later, Catalyst started to cause problems by not responding, so I formated the drive and reinstalled vista ultimate, along with Catalyst, drivers from Mobo manufacturer ASUS, plus a couple of other softwares. That was yesterday, and now I'm getting the same blue screen back, or the computer just freezes.

Does anybody know what's wrong. It's happened a few times so I'm a bit worried.

A:screen freeze or blue screen needing reboot

What is the blue screen code.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/207832-screen-freeze-blue-screen-needing-reboot.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/
Relevancy 42.57%

my screen stays black and shows the mouse icon and won't load my home screen?

A:my home screen won't load up my screen stays black and shows the mouse

Hello,

Try booting the PC into Safe Mode. Start your computer in safe mode

If successfully able to boot into Safe Mode try running a System Restore back to a date when it was working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-home-screen-wont-load-up-my-screen-stays-black-and-shows-the-mouse-684158.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys I was installing kali from a usb drive, when it was partitioning the drive it crashed... So I turned off my lenovo g570 4334 laptop, pulled out the usb drive and booted my laptop up normally..... It loaded the lenovo screen, with the options to access bios, then loaded a black screen with a blinking underscore.... I can't do anything at all except from the bios.... I've been searching for hours, Microsoft support for 2 hours straight... And now I just feel like crying.... Please help me!

A:Urgent! Win7 will not load after lenovo boot screen, black screen

How to run chkdsk and System File Checker (SFC) from the Recovery Console Boot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
At the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower left
At the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C and click Next
At the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directory
Run chkdsk first then SFC
If you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.
For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above if not C.
For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)
Let either run to completion undisturbed.

Vista or Windows 7:

If you don't have a install DVD, you can download a legal copy here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Windows Vista Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have installed: 32 or 64 bit; Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323488-urgent-win7-will-not-load-after-lenovo-boot-screen-black-screen.html
Relevancy 42.57%

my PSU went out and i had it replaced and since i replaced it i havent been able to boot my pc i plug everything in and hit the power button it load blinking no on boot, cursor Black screen... screen immediately immediately goes to a Black screen blinking cursor immediately on boot, no load screen... black screen with a blinking underscore cursor in the upper left corner about of the way from the left side all my fans work the hard drive is running Vista bit AMD Phenom x e GHz ATI Radeon x Pro Gb RAM Power supply was from another pc i had that i didnt use anymore same wattage just had the pin PCIe connector i needed the one currently in it is the stock one that came with the tower no clue what to do F F ESC DEL keys dont work to get to BIOS the only responses i get are CTRL ALT DEL kind of restarts i think my monitor goes to standby when i do it for a brief period of time but then fans kick on again and same black screen also when i hit the pause break key it stops the beeping that is coming from the mobo note if i hit the key during the beep then its continuous noise anyone have any advice any would be appreciated Edit - just to clarify i get zero load up of anything there is no loading screen prior to the black with blinking cursor as soon as power is on it immediately goes to this screen Edit - again i forgot to put that the pin PCIe connector needed for the x pro is non existant in the new PSU and i havent gotten an adaptor yet for it dont know if that would be the reason i cant boot BIOS or windows the original graphics card was onboard and when installing the driver for radeon it said to disable the driver for the onboard card to ensure that the radeon worked properlly

A:Black screen blinking cursor immediately on boot, no load screen...

sounds like you need the PCIe power connector to run your video card. Try removing the card and enabling the onboard video until you get a new PSU or adadpter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blinking-cursor-immediately-on-boot-no-load-screen-421982.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Using window xp pro
I on computer.
It's fine loading bios and till window xp logo..
when it starting to load the welcome window screen.. (which it didnt reach the welcome screen at all)
It just stuck at the black screen..

so i try to run in safe mode, weirdly it able to open.. okie

i tried to reformat... but it doesnt seems to work, it happens the same thing..

b4 this happened.. it all started one day.. i let my computer to download some personal stuff.. then, my bro went to play gunz online.. so the computer got hanged, and he just shut the computer just like that.. (how stupid) so now, i cant reach the welcome screen at all.. help me pls..

I'm using pentium 3..
as yall know, im a beginner, i dont know a thing.. just tell me what to do if u need any informations..

A:Can't load window welcome screen! stuck at dark blank screen

Try this, boot into safe mode.
Right-click on "My computer" and select "manage"
When that opens, click on device manager

When device manager opens, look at your graphics card normally under "display adapters" - any crosses or red splats?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-load-window-welcome-screen-stuck-at-dark-blank-screen.699173/
Relevancy 42.57%

Whenever the Windows loadscreen load Black after - it fixes Windows screen Nothing w/cursor screen passes the screen goes black and I can move a cursor around the screen I have had this happen before and fixed it with bootrec exe but I can't seem to get that to work this time Startup repair says it cannot help - Safe mode Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it has the exact same Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it black screen problem I have done chkdsk and sfc scannow - Didn't fix it When I Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it boot into Kaspersky Rescue from a USB drive it mentions that I need to shut down windows properly before continuing I would like to do this but I can't I have tried changing the active partition on information in some of these other threads - It didn't seem to work All disks are healthy according to the DISKPART and Partition Wizard I have done the HP hardware diagnostic scans and everything comes up fine I see that a lot of the advice on the threads is to do a fresh install - Is it really broken beyond repair at this point Does anyone have any other ways I can try and fix this problem

A:Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it

Hello saturnn and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guide for Windows 7 failure to boot issues. Even though you've tried several of the suggested fixes I'd still go through the tutorial and try the steps in the order listed.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268184-black-screen-w-cursor-after-windows-load-screen-nothing-fixes.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi this is my first post Log On Before Screen Screen? Black Freeze in this forum all the problems i ve had with the computer i ve been able to repair them myself but this time I really need help from someone more knowledgable I have a laptop Compaq Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen? Presario Pentium Windows XP Ghz Ram My computer freezes into a black screen or empty screen whatever you may call it it happens after the Windows XP logo with the loading bar below it and before the log on screen which of course i haven t been able to get to It just stays black in safe mode it just starts loading all these things like drivers like a list of things and then stops and freezes like that and last known configuration doesn t work either and it doesn t respond to anything i do with the keyboard I asked a friend to make some boot disks for me and he gave me floppy disks I tried using them and after loading all of them Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen? and following the steps at disk it gives me the options to install XP go to the recovery console and to exit I tried first the recovery console and it just asks me quot Which Windows installation would you like to log onto C WINDOWS quot then i wrote and pressed enter and nothing happened it seem it froze like that too I don t have the Windows XP CDROM so i cant install anything i could try getting one but still i m at the point that i don t know if getting it would help me or if there is a way to use these floppies to repair whatever error the computer has Thats why I ask if somebody could give me some directions i would greatly appreciate any help don t matter if its just a small suggestion i ve had the computer in this state for two weeks with no signs of hope so any help would be really great Thanks much in advance

A:Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen?

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

It seems to me, and you might want to wait until others weigh in on your situation, that you have a problem with the video driver.

When Windows starts it uses a generic driver for the video. Then it loads another driver while booting up. It seems that this is when you lose your screen.

Hmmmmmm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49794/black-screen-freeze-before-log-on-screen/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey everyone I ve recently had this problem occur to a computer I am working on for a friend I ve moved my questioning to here after using combofix went disastrously wrong after active load MS with Black Screen (After mouse; Getting screen) HELP! being suggested to use it here Problem I have a black screen after windows load screen that has Getting Black Screen (After MS load screen) with active mouse; HELP! an active mouse but with no capability of getting into the Windows Task Manager I tried rebooting in VGA mode all safe modes with no luck Here is a chain of events leading up to my problem Cleaned up her hard drive because it was riddled with spy-ware and viruses with Hijackthis Ad aware and house call Her computer was still having issues with a few spy ware programs mainly Think-adz and the fact that her WHOLE desktop screen would invert degrees to the left It was suggested that I run combo fix follow the prompts and post a log for the person whom was helping me I installed and ran combo fix on the laptop it never got past Step after waiting for minutes I ran combo fix again and the same thing happened I rebooted the laptop and got a lsass exe error I went into bootup with my XP CD and manually repaired lsass exe with the friendly copy and rename commands Currently I am here I have a black screen after windows load screen that has an active mouse Getting Black Screen (After MS load screen) with active mouse; HELP! but with no capability of getting into the Windows Task Manager I tried rebooting in VGA mode all safe modes with no luck I fear that combo fix deleted A LOT more than I know I really want to try to avoid doing a clean re-install because she has no back up for her data Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks Chris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-black-screen-after-ms-load-screen-with-active-mouse-help.631212/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey I just built a new computer and I m fairly certain all the components are compatible with each other but I ve never built a computer before All the components are brand new and anyway I built it the first time I booted it it ran my then screen black New screen - flashes build load windows disc but it was scratched up so I went to clean it Upon using the computer again it kept saying BootMgr is missing press ctrl-alt-delete to restart - now this didn t change upon using or not using my windows disc and I could not enter bios screen I m not using a usb keyboard - using one of those ones with the purple adapter Anyway I thought I may have plugged the sata cables into the hdd and New build - flashes load screen then black screen optical drivers wrongly and have changed them about multiple times as well as removing the CMOS battery and tried clear the CMOS by touching the two pins All I get now is my screen flashes a quick image of the initial load screen and then straight to a black screen everything in my PC seems to be running fine Plus I ve tried it with and without my graphics card and I get same New build - flashes load screen then black screen issue What can I do Thanks BC nbsp

A:New build - flashes load screen then black screen

Hi BC welcome to Techspot,

Firstly the "purple adapter" is a PS2 conenction.

There are many reasons as to why this error may occur and how to to sovle this issues but it sounds like you have tried to start a windows installaiton and becasue the disc was scratched it hasn't completed the it hence it comes up with the error "BootMgr mssing". The best solution here I think would be for you to get another Windows disc and try re-installing windows.

to get into the BIOS remove the windows disc from your PC and restart. when the PC is laoding up hit the F2 key and this should allow you to load the BIOS.
I wrote this thread if thsi is any help
http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bootmgr-errors-issues-and-solutions.181340/

hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-flashes-load-screen-then-black-screen.181339/
Relevancy 42.14%

I was cleaning around my laptop and it stared freezing up so I restarted, though it's not a common problem with my computer. When it restarted it came up with a no boot device screen so I tried it again and first a overheating screen came up but said the problem was now resolved, press enter to load setup. So I pressed enter and it brought up the startup screen but never completely loaded, stuck on the loading screen. Now every restart it comes up with the same. I've tried a couple of things like resetting boot to original settings, tried to make sure the hard drive didn't come unplugged but my hard drive is like glued on or something so I tried making sure it was connected but couldn't really check it. Tried a couple other things but nothing seems to be working, search online and youtube and still nothing, please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/No-boot-device-screen-and-locked-load-screen/td-p/5683458
Relevancy 42.14%

i recently had to reinstall my windows xp due to file corruption and now when i start my laptop after the dell loading screen which finishes in a second or two a black screen with a loading bar at the bottom apears which takes 5-7 minutes to complete after its completion the windows loading screen appears and then the logging window appears and after logging in windows start normally. PLZ help me if you know about this and tell me how to get rid of this black loading screen if possible.
THANKYOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR KIND INTEREST IN MY PROBLEM

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

I bought a new computer in September, Dell N5050. The first problem occurred in November, I made prntScr: http://i49.tinypic.com/2gsjp5y.png
This problem is solved: I thought it's a virus, I downloaded Advanced SystemCare (I had McAfee) this scanned my computer and found a four Trojan.

Then came a new problem.
I turn on computer, starting windows, black screen with a cursor about 8-9 minutes, log on and welcome screen loading about 5 seconds.
OR
I turn on computer, starting windows, black screen with a cursor about 1-2 minutes, log on and welcome screen loading about 6-7 minutes.

I really don't know, what it depends on.
What is problem? How I can fix it?

PS: my native language isn't English. Sorry for mistakes.
PS: I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Thanks,
theHappie.

A:Welcome screen load time or black screen with a cursor

First thing I'd do is getting rid of Advanced System Care. It's a system optimizer, and Windows 7 does not like optimizers. I'd bet that it is responsible of the slow start.

Second, ASC isn't an antivirus, or if it is I never heard of it. Which isn't a good sign. Install a good antivirus and run a full scan, I like Avira (my favourite, which is free and nuked all evil things I threw at it), but other people like Microsoft Security Essentials (again free, but less powerful than Avira).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/271290-welcome-screen-load-time-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I was using Google docs and it froze. The cursor won't move, the keys don't work, there isn't a way to access the battery to force power down, when I close it, the screen stays the same upon opening. I've seen multiple forum posts where the same problem is reported and all of the responses were to go to the FAQs and it listed simply "turn off your devise" as the first step, but I can't turn it off.

A:Screen Freeze

Hi there @Jacob6,  Welcome to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you.  I understand that your Notebook froze and because the battery is embedded you cannot remove it to reset the Notebook.  If your Chromebook is not shutting down at all, you may need to perform a hard reset. You can do this by pressing Refresh + Power on modern Chromebooks. On a Chromebox, you will need to disconnect and reconnect the power cable. Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).  Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Screen-Freeze/td-p/5595519
Relevancy 41.71%

I am operating Windows 7 64 bit. Recently the screen inetermittenlty freezes. unlike other articles I have read I do not have any pixalation the graphics are clear. I cant move the mouse and the keyboard does not respond. I have to shut down using the power switch. If I turn on the system it will boot back to the desktop (after selecting start windows normally because of power shut down). It goes through its normal few seconds of doing all the start up things and then soon after it just freezes. I am in dire need of help with this ..any answers?

A:Screen freeze

Hi and welcome to TSF try running a clean boot to troubleshoot
Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-freeze-597819.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I wonder if anyone can help me with this although Im trully baffeled as to how anything can help me now S I have windows XP home edition but now something has gone REALLY Log-in (cant Freeze screen XP anything!) do wrong with the sign in screen The computer loads as usual until it gets to the blueish screen that says quot windows is starting up quot From there anything can XP Log-in screen Freeze (cant do anything!) happen - either it freezes with just the blue screen and the mouse pointer as an egg timer it can get as far as showing me the five different accounts on my computer but cant highlight anything or click or very rarely and usually with the help of a boot CD it will let me into one of my accounts the others are apparently corrupt and will work fine with no problems untill I sign out at which point the problem starts all over again I have next to no idea what could have caused this - on one of the few occassions I was able to sign in however AVG anti-virus found a few dialers and a trojan yet deleated them all successfully so I dont see them as being the problem in the or so times I have forcivly restarted my computer in the last days becuase of this login freeze only times have I been able to sign in so Im desperate to find any soloution short of restoring to factory settings Does anyone know anything that can help me ANY help shall be most appreciated -Social nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-log-in-screen-freeze-cant-do-anything.269843/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello.

Just now my screen suddenly froze and nothing worked so I did a re-boot and now it seems to be ok but what concerns me is that I have already had to perform four factory restores after my screen froze and fear it might happen once again.

I have checked my disc for errors and also done a memory check but nothing shows up. I'm running Windows7 Home Premium Edition on a desk top PC which is only a couple of months old.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Thank you.

Your system spec would help. Does the screen freeze at the same place, ie at a certain point on boot up or on a certain program? Do you run a lot of programs at the same time.? Is there any evidence of your PC overheating?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/81761-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My FKING Acer is freezing while playing games after maybe 3 minutes then freeze i must shutdown the laptop and start again

any help ??

---------

Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz

3.0GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Hello NaruTzkU,

Please go ahead and read the instructions at the post below, and post back with the needed information to hopefully have someone be able to help with this soon.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251369-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Back in June I put together a new desktop It was my first time putting a computer together myself but it seemed to have turned out okay Barring the occasional issue with freezing a few minutes after leaving sleep-mode requiring a cold reboot via the power outlet in order to get any response the rig worked beautifully The Freeze welcome at screen system specs are as follows CPU - Intel Core i - MB - Asus P X D Premium RAM - Freeze at welcome screen Corsair Dominator GB x gb TR X G C D GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX HD - Western Digital TB Caviar Green PSU - Corsair TX W OS - Windows Home Premium bit About a week ago however I booted up to find the computer freezing on the welcome screen Suspecting a recent Windows update to be the Freeze at welcome screen culprit I Freeze at welcome screen restarted in Safe-Mode and restored the system to the previous restore point This did not help only causing the load screen to get stuck on a black screen with movable mouse cursor rather than the blue loading circle While in Safe-Mode the Windows Help window would automatically open but not fully load eventually giving me an quot Explorer had to shut down quot error window followed by an automatically repeated attempt to open up the help window again I checked to make sure I did not have a faulty memory stick by leaving only one of the three in at a time and trying to boot I also ran the memory diagnostic tool from the Windows DVD boot menu which did not seem to yield any results I also ran the 'System Repair' option from the same menu but after the requisite restart it would just leave me stuck on the same screen When I noticed that the system would also get stuck on the load screen for 'Safe-Mode with Networking' I thought that the networking drivers might be corrupted and disabled all of them in Safe-Mode This allowed me to log in to 'Safe-Mode with Networking' and normal mode but they both ran really slowly and unreliably I was able to enable the network drivers and connect to the internet from normal mode allowing me to check that all my drivers and Windows were up to date I also made sure that my system wasn't fragmented though it wouldn't be with less than of the disc used and defragged at least monthly and ran CCleaner and the Windows Security full scan with no results After restarting with the network drivers enabled the system once again started freezing I am at a loss for what to do as I am by no means an expert and I don't want to reinstall Windows because there is quite a bit of data namely irreplaceable family photos and program installations with saves that I don't want to risk losing and I can't find an option to reinstall Windows over the previous installation with no data or program loss as used to be possible in XP Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Freeze at welcome screen

Hi,

The first thing you need to do, is get all your data backed-up to an external USB drive straight-away.

Once you have done that, and if you can get booted up, even in safe-mode, please open a command prompt as administrator, and run the following :

SFC /scannow

This will test the system files for inegrity, and attempt to fix any corrupted ones.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133716-freeze-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have been having problems with my screen feezing for the last couple of weeks. It doesn't matter what site i'm on, the screen freezes. I was on a site this morning , my screen froze, i rebooted and went back, my screen froze. I have no idea what is wrong and any help would be apreciated. I have a sony vaio vgn-nr21j/s windows vista home premium

A:Screen Freeze Help Please

Well, it a pretty generalized problem. There are many thing that can cause it.

Added any new software or drivers recently? If so, try a restore to a previous point.

Is this something that only happens when you are surfing? Try another web browser. If that fixes it, then reinstall your old browser. Using IE? I'd recommend staying away from it. ARe you sure your browser didn't get hijacked by malware? Are you using protection?

Possible hardware problems: If it freezes randomly when in use, it could be overheating. Is this a laptop? Might be time for a good cleaning of the fans and vents. Freezing, BSOD, data errors, and rebooting can also be a sign of bad memory.

Start with the simplest and most probable culprit - software and infections. Then exclude items and move into hardware troublshooting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-freeze-help-please.788511/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Canon Digital IXUS 55 camera that I am trying to connect to my pc.Have installed The Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk that came with it.Am connecting via a usb cable.Have put the camera in playback mode.When the camera is turned on the pc screen freezes and also the mouse pointer.This occures as soon as the camera is turned on.I have XP HOME .I have connected it to another computer and have no problems.Have also connected the usb cable to a spare usb port .

Has anyone any ideas for fixing the problem.

Thank you
Peter

Does your computer freeze if you connect a different USB device in that port, if it does it might be a dodgy USB port

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-freeze.45228/
Relevancy 41.71%

Asking this for a friend running Win2k. If he has to restart during updating, his computer when turning off freezes on a bright red screen. Not always, but regularly.
Anyone ever heard of something like this with an idea what is going wrong?

Thanks for any replies.
Katink

A:Freeze on red screen

Try updating the video drivers..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-on-red-screen.180160/
Relevancy 41.71%

I can be working and everything is going great. All of a sudden I get screen freeze. I cannot move the cursor or exit the screen. I need to manually shut down and restart and then everything is fine until it happens again. Could happen in a minute or 5 hrs later. How can I fix this? Thanks! Jazzman

HP Pavilian Media Ctr. desk top computer (Prod # GG791AA#ABA)
Running Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-freeze.1041040/
Relevancy 41.71%

Booting up normally the in Freeze screen log at computer comes to a complete Freeze at log in screen freeze at the log in screen keyboard and mouse are locked up although occassionaly if the mouse is moved it will move seconds later but that s as far as I can get Weird thing is it works if I leave it on the screen until the batter dies then plug it back in and boot But as soon as it is shut down or hibernated it freezes again During the freeze the busy light does not blink at all It is a complete freeze Also safe mode works fine I have run safe mode and run virus spy scans Removed everything from the startup by running msconfig I have also ran registry repair programs Nothing has helped I have tried doing system restore It restores successfully but the problem remains I am trying to avoid reinstalling xp Please let me know if you have any ideas on a solution Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-at-log-in-screen.628039/
Relevancy 41.71%

Win XP -Will not complete boot up. Hangs at the Welcome Screen.

A:Welcome Screen Freeze

Will it boot into Safe Mode?
Tap F8 once a second from boot start until safe mode menu comes up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/welcome-screen-freeze.724990/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello from one week i got a problem with freeze screen and blue/yellow lines.
Dont know from where its come but when i playing some 3D games (old and news) like WoW and others i get this freeze screen. (pics below)
From this week i was looking in internet for this problem and im not sure from where its come Video Card or Ram or somting else please help!

PC info:
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 6600 128mb
Motherboard: Gigabyte k8ns
Ram: 1x1GB

A:PC freeze screen

Hello

Can you try you monitor on another pc? This may be your graphics card as it has a bit of age on it..

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/122692-pc-freeze-screen.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Recently I received e-mail notification from C Net that an update for one of my programs was available I followed the link to C Freeze. Screen Net and tried to log-in But the the screen monitor froze and Screen Freeze. continued to do so every time I tried to log-in I went to C Net via My Favourites and got the same result and also via Google same result I ended up downloading the update without logging in Now any time I go to C Net and try to log-in I get screen freeze lock Also and I don t know if it s connected to the same issue when I watch video clips on YouTube sometimes the video takes an age to load-up and then sometimes just stops playing out of the blue Sometimes there s an error message on the YouTube viewing box whatever you call it This only started to occur after the e-mail notification from C Net could be just a coincidence Anyone any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

hey guys Installed w k days ago and having allot of screen freezes no mouse movement and no keyboard commands have to push reset on tower for it to boot screen w2k freeze up again There is no pattern to the freezes it could happen about times in hours then when i left it on over night there was no probs when i woke up used it all of the morning and some of the afternoon then it froze has happened on various bits of s ware sometimes with several things running in the back ground sometimes just app running as i said there is no pattern except I m sure its happening just after a prog any prog could be a download from the net or just opening my windows explorer opens Downloaded SP and I think the freezes have reduced but not stopped altogether downloaded the latest drivers for my mouse and keyboard as they are logitech cordless just in-case it was that no changes there either Now it s not the hottest spec comp but it w2k screen freeze should handle w k w k AMD ram gb hdd directX ran dxdiag no probs showed dfx voodoo graphics card looking for updated drivers for that now although w k found and installed on setup Have an old dell with half the spec of this machine running a dual boot w k and XP with no probs so far any ideas Oh technical ones Cheers XbrvhrtX nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I thought I had solved this problem but it continues in forms A complete freeze at any time anywhere or the cursor is live but cannot activate anything this happens in games only Below is my HJT - I have a Lookinmy PC report but do not know how to copy it to this post Very frustrated - any help welcome I have plenty of spare capacity on HD and run live McAfee full and Screen freeze Superanti full Tune Up Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe Screen freeze C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System TUProgSt exe c PROGRA mcafee com Screen freeze agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS VMSnap EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - ac d - b - b -a -da b c a - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar no name - ac d - b - b -a -da b c a - no file O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECA... Read more

Relevancy 41.71%

my screen freeze all the time for past days and i got message from AVG says malware found could that be the problem please help thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C hp drivers hplsbwatcher screen freeze lsburnwatcher exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator My Documents hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp screen freeze iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www screen freeze yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F - FB - B- -E E - C DOCUME HP ADM LOCALS Temp DP B dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MI Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run ehTray quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv C WIND... Read more

Relevancy 41.71%

Has anyone resolved this issue: Recently my Toshiba Satellite L-655-S5150 has begun to freeze when I'm on the Internet unless I continue to move the cursor. This problem is affecting my downloads and viewing of videos on YouTube, Project Free TV and other video sites. I run Windows 7 and have Firefox as my browser. I also have Reimage PC Repair program but neither that or system restore seems to remedy the problem. If this problem has been resolved please direct me to the solution.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, I have the Asus Netbook and I updated the software.
But now it has completed its updating but the screen freezes, I can't touch screen anything and only can lock and unlock the screen. It also cannot shut down, so do I wait for it to run out of battery?

A:Freeze Screen

Hello,

Remove the battery directly if you can't wait. Most probably, it'll solve the problem itself. It it won't, consider disabling all of your network adapters or settings and see if the problem resolved.

Alternatively, if it's new and still in warranty, you can ask the manufacturer as it may just need a good cleaning of fans and heat sinc inside the case.

Good luck though!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-screen.1131468/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys I have finally gotten my newly built computer up and running Here is the gear Neopower PS ABIT AV rd Eye Motherboard with uGuru clock AMD Athlon GB DDR Memory Crucial Maxtor GB RPM SATA Audigy Soundblaster zs Soundcard Samsung DVD ROM Lite-On CD ROM cheap video card very temporary Well at first as I got Screen freeze Windows up and running I pretty frequently was enduring sudden screen freezes not too long after boot up and into a Screen freeze program or a site Then after some tweaking and playing around I have managed to reduce it Now I do realize I don t have my video card that I ll be getting this week but still with such a system I d not think I d be experiencing screen freeze when this happens you can t even use Screen freeze control alt delete to get yourself Screen freeze out of it I have to reset or sometimes turn off the system and cold boot it and start over at which point it will run quite a while before doing this Now if I didn t have much memory or hard drive space on a new computer I wouldn t expect to have these problems Anyone have any idea how to put a stop to it I do realize that a lot of it will go away with the decent card but doesn t my system stats buy me enough upmph to keep such things from occuring Couldn t it just be something that needs to be set properly Or some adjustment to something Here s one example I somehow found myself at Launch com Saturday night and was watching videos Sometimes it won t make it through one full song other times it may play up to before it locks up But in any case I m not encountering any other problems along with it or at least that I m recognizing Any suggestions Thanks Mike nbsp

Is that "cheap" videocard AGP 4x or 8x? If it's 1x or 2x it may damage your motherboard (assuming it's AGP and not PCIe). Make sure the DVD-ROM is connected with an 80wire cable and not a 40wire one. Run memtest86+ over it (get it at www.memtest.org ) and see if your memory is malfunctioning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-freeze.362988/
Relevancy 41.71%

when trying to play video on my laptop, windows 7 OS, my screen freezes up. now the same thing is happening when I play a disc in the disc drive. Help! Please.

A:screen freeze

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567671/screen-freeze/
Relevancy 41.71%

on my xp computor, i reach the screen that says welcome then it does not go any further stays on that page for ever please help .

A:-.- welcome screen then freeze

closing duplicate thread. Please respond here.
thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/welcome-screen-then-freeze.849949/
Relevancy 41.71%

Evening,

Don't know much about computers so i don't know any technical terms

Problem i have is that my screen freezes at least twice a day and i have to turn computer off with the on-off switch ........ i have had the blue screen come up as well with lots of things i don't understand ...... this is getting frustrating when i am doing work and lose the lot and have to start again

Any advise to try to solve my problem would be very welcome indeed

Regards

Pete

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225498/screen-freeze/
Relevancy 41.71%

so, my sister called me yesterday saying that they turned the computer off as normal and today when she went to turn on her computer it gets to the log in, she puts in the password, it says welcome, and it stops there. the lil courser just keeps spinning like if its going to log in but it just stays at the welcome screen. Is there anything you can suggest that i can try to fix this problem. so far seance shes had the computer its froze, crashed during a update which caused us to reformat, and caught a virus i had to clean off (with your help ). anyway any advice you can give me?

Relevancy 41.71%

Here I am , surfing the web , and suddenly my screen freezes.And I cannot do absolutely anything...I can only press the laptop's button to forcefully shut down the pc...Help I need to fix dis screen freeze thanks

A:Screen Freeze !

Here we are ,reading you post and wondering if this just started happening or has it been going on for awhile ,make and model of the laptop ,ect ect

if it getting old ,have you had it cleaned of dust and dirt buildup inside the laptop 's the cooling system fan and heatsinc ,
check fan for spinning and bottom for heat build up

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21296-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Acer Aspire 5738z and its about 3 years old.
It generally works grand but over the last few months it has randomly started freezing the screen. If there is audio playing then it distorts and slowed down til almost stopped. This can last up to a minute and the screen then goes back to normal. I'm not really a techie person but i reinstalled all drivers from the Windows 7 website but that doesn't seem to have helped.
All advice gratefully received! Thanks. :D

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Lets start with drivers, Did you go to Acer's website to download the drivers for your laptop or ?
Here is the link
Download

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-freeze-640125.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys I m running Nividia GeForce FX on Windows XP with a P ghz The first time something began to go wrong was when my screen freezed for seconds while playing America s Army I thought that was odd since I ve been playing that exact version for months and everything was just fine I didn t think much of it until one day my screen started flickering black on Windows desktop without even having any major processes running Worst still my monitor ended up losing quot contact quot with my CPU - eg my computer was on but my monitor just blacked out Checked the cables Freeze Screen etc all ok so I restarted the PC Upon start-up the monitor stayed on long enough for Screen Freeze me to see a tremedous lag on my system cursor can barely move even though it has always performed on much grater resource Screen Freeze usage Anyway within minutes the monitor will either black out again or show the blue screen of death showing a nv disp dll error Finally after a tonne of restarts I managed to stay on long enough for me to go to Nividia download the lastest drivers and install After I did the blacking out went away but when I started playing America s Army again it ll freeze sporadically which is lame since I end up standing still and getting fragged Most other mundane computer operatiosn though have been fine after the new drivers I did however get the blue screen for no apparent reasons a couple more times I ve been told it might be a driver or BIOS problem but that s unlikely This problem started out of nowhere I didn t change anything at all I ve also been using the card and playing resource intensive games for years without any kind of problem at all Two more likely suggestions are an overheated card or damaged RAM but I m not much of a hardware person and don t know how to check those I do know how to open my case though Can anyone help please I ve tried many solutions out there and it didn t work I ve tried living with it but locking up in-game just sucks I ve even tried sacrificing some graphic details in-game in hopes of getting smooth play but to no avail I can t afford a new gfx card any time soon it might not even be a problem with it nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell Dimension that I customly added a Radeon later on I was just about to open up CounterStrike when my computer froze So I said quot no big deal quot and restarted But then after the windows loading screen I get a blue screen of death with the error message being quot BAD POOL CALLER quot I am able to boot into safe mode Load Blue Screen Window's upon Screen but i don't know what to do from there I tried a system restore from earlier today and it still didn't work My friend told me it could be a driver conflict I tried to uninstall my video card driver then reinstall But while installing I get an error message that I am missing INF files err whatever So really according to my expert knowledge I have Blue Screen upon Window's Load Screen come to the conclusion that my computer is screwed and that I need a new one but I still need to fix it because I cannot afford a new one please help me again tsf

A:Blue Screen upon Window's Load Screen

Are you getting a stop code ex. 0x000000C2 along with the error message? Please give exact error you are receiving. If it boots too quickly, press continuously the pause key as soon as you see POST screen. This actually sounds like a incompatible driver related to your ATI Radeon card. Have a look here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307151&sd=RMVP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-upon-windows-load-screen-212781.html
Relevancy 41.28%

i get this error when i tried to open up my computer, first the windows xp loading screen works fine, then after that the screen just goes black and stays like that forever. this happened when i tried to uninstall a USB Bluetooth driver and it was requested to restart my pc so i did, and after that restart i cant get in no more, the screen just goes black after the windows xp load screen. im wondering how can i fix this problem? please help me guys... thank you.. and o yeah one more thing.. when i tried it on safe mode it went to the welcome screen but after that when i try to move my cursor i didnt move at all!! then i restart my pc again and the whole thing happens once more! help me please!

Relevancy 41.28%

AS the title says, I recently had a system restore last night after my windows 7 refuse to load. Having done so, it told me to click OK after the system restore to restart my laptop.

I complied and after the BIOS screen load, all i get was a black screen with this _ symbol and thats as far as it goes. Its like looking at a black picture with the symbol only. Anyone got any idea to solve this problem of mine please?

Specs:
Acer Aspire 4745G
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:Black screen after BIOS load screen

If you have any USB devices other than keyboard and mouse, disconnect them, and do a hard shutdown by pressing the power switch down until your computer switches off.

Wait half a minute or so and try booting up again.

If that doesn't work, are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Failing that you could try a repair install.

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195902-black-screen-after-bios-load-screen.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I don't know too much about computers and I just got a hand-me-down Dell Precision PC from my dad just last weekend and it just crashed I got a message saying something crashed and if this was the first time I saw it I just needed to reboot my computer I proceeded to do so and then I got the mysterious black screen Flashing load after Screen screen Windows with movable cursor hanging scenario I booted up the advanced boot menu and went to repair computer to quot Last Known Good Configuration quot and since then it boots up to passed the windows loading screen to a stock windows screen and it flashes about every seven seconds with the cursor blinking to loading something back to idle It hangs here until I turn it off I am not sure if this has anything to do with the situation but there have been a couple of blackouts in my house due to heat that caused my computer to shut off a couple times Safe mode gets the same results SFC found no errors System Windows Ultimate bit Intel Core x ghz GB Ram If there's any other info I can provide without being able to boot my PC I'd be happy to comply

A:Flashing Screen after Windows load screen

Can you boot in to safe mode? Turn on the PC, and continually press F8, then select Safe Mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253086-flashing-screen-after-windows-load-screen.html
Relevancy 41.28%

The other day when I booted up my computer it got as far as the Windows screen with screen load Black Windows at screen the bar scrolling at the bottom and then when I should have gotten the welcome screen my lcd monitor went black with a no signal notice and went into standby I could not get into Windows even in safe mode I did a full restore and everything seemed to be going well until I installed the ATi video drivers The same problem started again black screen no signal at the Windows screen Windows seems to be loading I can hear the hard drive clicking and the Windows start Black screen at Windows load screen up music is heard and finishes after the black screen Things I have tried to resolve this Did a full Windows restore Reloaded the video drivers old and new numerous times Tried Black screen at Windows load screen the ram sticks one at a time didn t find a problem with them Ran Memtest no errors Took video card out and reseated Replugged vid card power wire Took the audio card out and reseated All voltages seem to be okay in the bios fans and hardware are running so I think the power supply is okay No overclocking Don t see any problems in the Bios Cooling seems to be okay No dust in heatsinks Windows loads okay in VGA mode I have net installed I don t see any obvious burned spots on the video card or motherboard Done Google searches and found many with the same problem but nobody seemed to have a fix Accept buy nVidia Searched TechSpot The only thing I can think of that it might be after all this is the video card or the motherboard but because of the driver issue I m leaning toward the video card naturally the most expensive thing in the box Running now in VGA mode with no problem accept the video of course not much fun running in this oh so slow mode Any help will be very much appreciated XP SP fully updated AVG antivirus Comodo firewall Not much other extra software at this point E Core Duo Abit IP Pro motherboard G Skill x gig ram Seagate Barracuda gig hard drive LiteOn DVD CD burner all the above about three months old MSI XTX video card Enermax Power supply X Fi audo card LiteOn CD burner above less than years old nbsp

A:Black screen at Windows load screen

Doesn`t sound too good mate.

The only thing I can suggest, is to try another video card. If that works ok, then you know your video card has failed.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-at-windows-load-screen.85868/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello What happened One morning I woke up to realize screen after load screen Black windows my desktop is gone - nothing appears there but only My computer My documents and recycle bin So I did system Black screen after windows load screen restore After that the computer restarted and wanted to run check disk After the check disk was completed the computer rebooted but now - every time the computer finish loading windows - I get a black screen with nothing on it The black screen happens before I'm even asked to choose the computer user and enter its password What I tried Safe mode to install new video driver - safe mode doesn't work I opened a new thread about this problem since it's a problem I had for a long time Run check disk r using recovery console - I got an error The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Need to mention the hard disk is actually accessible using Hiren Install the video driver using Hiren - After the installation extracts its files I get an error generated by the setup file - an unknown error has occurred I'm using XP Pro SP Ge-force GTS Hitachi GB HDD Any other info needed If so please tell me and let me know how to retrieve it from the computer Please help Thank you Guy

A:Black screen after windows load screen

Update;
I tried disabling NVSvc driver (Nvidia driver) using recovery console but now the screen black outs even before I see the windows loading screen.
I enabled the driver again but it still black outs earlier than before..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503171/black-screen-after-windows-load-screen/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am having a problem with my pc and was wondering if anyone could help me
out. The problem that I am having is the screen freezes when I turn
it on and I am unable to use my keyboard or the mouse in attempt to boot
to safe mode. I have tried using a boot disk but that does not work
either. If anyone can possibly assist me or give some suggestions to solve
this, I would greatly appreciate it. This is the screen I get:

Phoenix-Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Star Ally
Copyright (C) 1984 - 2003, Phoenix Technologies, LTD

P4VMM2 Ver:1.10 05/25/2004

Main Processor: Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 2.40GHZ(133x18.0)
Memory Testing: 262144K OK With 32768K shared memory

Detecting IDE Drives:

(this info is at the very bottom of the screen)
Press DEL to enter SETUP
05/25/2004-P4M266A-8235-6A6LWE1GC-00

A:Startup screen freeze

These Three mimum things require the post to post

CPU
RAM
Video Card

YOur cpu is posting
so is your ram

Do you have a video card??

Post will post with out a hdd and mouse dont even have to be present.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-screen-freeze.21354/
Relevancy 41.28%

I presently have a Core2 Duo on an ASUS P5P43 TDPro with a HIS 5770 vid card, 4 sticks of Mushkin 2GB DDR-3 and all the other usual devices on the board. I run 2 SATA 3GB/s hard drives in RAID 0 along with a spare drive on the IDE channel that holds XP as an alternate boot.

The system runs flawlessly under Win 7 - 64 Ultimate. When I install my Core2 Quad processor, it freezes on the first Windows screen on boot (the one that has the throbbing window). I've already returned the C2Q to Intel and I think they claim it's OK and sent the same one back. Anybody else have the same issues with the Core2 Quad in a similar configuration?

A:Windows 7 64 freeze on first screen

Quote: Originally Posted by lynxpilot

I presently have a Core2 Duo on an ASUS P5P43 TDPro with a HIS 5770 vid card, 4 sticks of Mushkin 2GB DDR-3 and all the other usual devices on the board. I run 2 SATA 3GB/s hard drives in RAID 0 along with a spare drive on the IDE channel that holds XP as an alternate boot.

The system runs flawlessly under Win 7 - 64 Ultimate. When I install my Core2 Quad processor, it freezes on the first Windows screen on boot (the one that has the throbbing window). I've already returned the C2Q to Intel and I think they claim it's OK and sent the same one back. Anybody else have the same issues with the Core2 Quad in a similar configuration?

Hi and welcome
You installed win 7 with core 2, switched cpu, with a raid? you need to install different Mobo drivers, etc. I am unsure as to what exactly you did explain

thanks

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/51155-windows-7-64-freeze-first-screen.html
Relevancy 41.28%

When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button.
I have all the latest drivers, did a virus scan, checked for windows updates, defraged my hard drive. This happens for all my games but not always.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/37640-black-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hello- I could not find screen XP -partial freeze. Win help at search for this odd issue- can you help Thanks in advance Ocassinoally Win XP -partial screen freeze. like right now -when composing email I must be accidently Win XP -partial screen freeze. hitting a key s making a small menu appear in up left corner I can not longer do anything on the the Email- cant copy- scroll-add to it only minimize - amp max- no highighting-printing -wont scroll- Clicking any in the menue does nothing- I have always had to lose what I was working on- ope Task and do an END NOW a reboot makes me lose all notepad and mail being composed I have tried to send - and everything I can think of below see the options in the window that pops up and causes much frustration for me Alt F will not work- stuck on Restore and although I can dosome things the gmail is locked up-- any tips for me This box will not click and drag- also when I minimize the window I was composing in the box goes away except for an outline of where it was- maybe what is called ghosted Restore its highlighted Move Size - Minimize Maximize X Close Alt F Great help site you have here thanks for all you do hak nbsp

A:Win XP -partial screen freeze.

Pardon the double post.
wow less than an hour and 13 viewers already

sad- no tips to fix this.(Yet)
This issue BTW happens also on my XP laptop- always at home on dial-up ISP. NetZero
It must be an Alt+ ?.. something-

quick key maybe thats stuck-
I can go nto new windows I am here and still having email message ALMOST done- should have composed in NOTEPAD.
I am on- line now.
and I am aware this is not XP chatroom. lol

hope for help -thnx for reading..hak
update
well I was able to rescue my composition by minimizing the stalled window and opening a new Yahoo email and luckily my work had been auto saved in drafts- so after sending I just clicked 'end now' in the 'unresponsive' box that opened. no need to re-boot---- but I expect to see this problem again. So still looking for advice---TY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-partial-screen-freeze.1042398/
Relevancy 41.28%

I recently changed over to using XP bit and did a clean format for it The original installation was on disk with partitions Freeze, screen Splash Sometimes. NTSF and a single unformatted partition The unformatted was going to be used for FreeBSD I later changed my mind and just formatted that partition was a NTFS file sys After this point the Splash screen Freeze, Sometimes. problems start happing Most time when I start up my machine its gets to the windows splash screen starts loading for a while then seems to freeze The display is still going looking like its working but the keyboard and mouse are locked out and the HDD light is off this hangs for mins plus and doesn t do anything What a usually have to do is tell it to use the last know good configuration and something even that doesn t work at which point and start booting up in safe mode and doing random things like defragmenting which fix the problem until the next time no idea how My guess is that after formatting the originally unformatted partition the new drive spec s are different to what is in the MBR Any ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/splash-screen-freeze-sometimes.463166/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello i have this issue with my computer for about two years Ive taken it to people who are supposed to know about freeze screen Black / it so they could solve it but the problem came back one or two months after being fixed I ve searched help in many forums but no one could help me This is the problem i found Some things are in spanish since its my native language Hope u can understand Descripci n Windows dej de funcionar correctamente por un problema con el hardware de v deo Firma del problema Nombre de evento de problema LiveKernelEvent Versi n del sistema operativo Id de configuraci n regional Archivos que ayudan a describir el problema WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Ver copia temporal de estos archivos Advertencia si la causa del problema es un virus u otra amenaza a la seguridad el equipo se podr a da ar al abrir una copia de los archivos Informaci n adicional sobre el problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA FCD BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ----------------- The error occurrs while gaming when im idle Black screen / freeze or chrome or at any time ----------------- I runed checkdisk and had no errors Memtest gave no errors Updated nvidia drivers I tried every version of them with a clean install using Driver Sweeper AVG full scan on safe mode shows that my cpu is clean ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JUAN-PC Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language Spanish Regional Setting Spanish System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model H M-D BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Monitor PnP gen rico Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM EE Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-A F- EC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x C SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev c Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fw... Read more

A:Black screen / freeze

Quote:

description
Windows stopped working properly due to a problem with the video hardware.
Problem Signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 11274
Files that help describe the problem
WD-20130705-2242.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
View temporary copy of these files
Warning: If the problem is caused by a virus or other security threat, the equipment may be damaged when opening a copy of the files.
Additional information about the problem

It looks like your video card is failing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-freeze-701714.html
Relevancy 41.28%

A family member s PC started logo freeze on XP screen freezing up when she turned it on At first it would restart itself several times then eventually work OK but finally it started locking on the Windows XP splash screen I can see and use the BIOS screens just fine But when we saw green and orange bands on the Windows splash screen I thought the video card had failed so I put in a new Radeon HD It still locked up in the same place so I tried a few Live CDs I had and they all seemed to boot up ok At first But then I tried my UBCD XP freeze on logo screen The selection screen came up but when I tried to boot into windows using it it locked up in the same place - the Windows splash screen So now I have ruled out the hard drive as well as the video card I tried loading a stock XP SP CD and XP freeze on logo screen repairing the installation not the XP freeze on logo screen recovery console - i don t know enough about how to use that but yet again it locked up in the same place I never get a BSOD or error message I tried switching around RAM modules normally runs x MB Patriot PC DDR and threw in a few sticks of MB that I had lying around sticks total As long as the slot further from the CPU was populated I saw the same issue whether or not there was anything in the other slot But if the slot closer to the CPU was filled and the other slot was empty there was no output to the monitor at all According to the system info tab in the BIOS the voltages are all within of nominal but I have not ruled out the PSU entirely It s a year old Antec Basiq watt PSU but i don t have a spare lying around unless I cannibalize a working computer Any ideas on what could be causing it to stop in the same place no matter how I try to load Windows HDD Live CD installation CD The most recent change to the system was replacing the original PATA DVD-ROM with a DVD burner a few weeks before the issues cropped up The motherboard is about years old and the PSU and RAM about The CPU is about years old I think the hard drive and case are the only original parts left The case is clean the fans are running normally and the temps are fine System Specs VGA onboard and Radeon HD MoBo Asus A V-VM SE OS XP Home SP CPU Athlon socket Memory x MB Patriot PC DDR PSU Antec Basiq w HDD Barracuda GB nbsp

A:XP freeze on logo screen

Try performing an XP repair:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-freeze-on-logo-screen.177776/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, in these days im getting this screen while playing games or surfing on internet. After that pc freezing or restarting and also sometimes its getting bsod. i used memtest and tested like 1hour 30min no error. changed ram slots and get this screen again nothing changed at all. i got ati ccc 12.6. formatted my pc 3-4 days ago i mean its clean like baby. installed all windows 7 updates.

My Spec,

windows 7 ultimate x64
MSI 870A-G54 (FX) AMD 870 AM3+ DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX
Geil Enhance Corsa 8GB 1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel (2x4GB)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Ed. AM3 8MB 3.2Ghz with Stock Fan
SAPPHIRE HD6850 1Gb 256Bit DX11 GDDR5
Akasa Genesis 450w Psu

What could be the problem?

A:I'm Getting This Screen After That and Restart or Freeze!

You don't have all the necessary files attached. Please run the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app from the below link and upload the .rar file.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Have you tried using a different monitor?

Update your ATI video card drivers from the below link.
Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239509-im-getting-screen-after-restart-freeze.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey there ive got some bad issues with my GRAW after exactly screen issues G.R.A.W 1 freeze the same amount of time GRAW quot freezes quot or actually not the screen freezes but the game keeps running u can hear yourself run around or shoot and even hear the enemies and your squad talk and also you can see the sky and black ground the ground weapons and npc s just disapear all you can see is black ground the sky and the sundawn Ive seen a lot of guides of how to fix this but none of them seems to work and i would really like to be able to play the game i spent kr about or years ago My biggest consern is that my graphic card doesnt get enough power somehow it wouldent suprice me due to that ive got computers and of G.R.A.W 1 screen freeze issues those wth are they called the quot things radio stations has to mix the sound lots of buttons and lots of switches quot anyway any ideas about what this could be will be very welcome oh and btw my graphic card is a Geforce GS nbsp

A:G.R.A.W 1 screen freeze issues

black ground, the ground, weapons and npc´s just disapear, all you can see is black ground, <--- sorry about that ^^ i was kinda in a hurry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/g-r-a-w-1-screen-freeze-issues.734032/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey everyone, i have a computer, Dell Dimension 2400, with Windows XP Home. At the loading screen it just sits there. The loading bar keeps moving but it doesn't do anything. Ive let it go for over a half hour and it just sits there. I'm running diagnostics on it now. Could it be a faulty hard drive? I tried to use windows repair console, but when it anaylizes the hard drive it doesn't do anything. Whats the next step?

A:Freeze at Loading Screen

Replace the hard drive or see if you can create a bootable floppy with hard drive diagnostics that can be run in DOS before Windows is loaded. The hard drive manufacturers website has such utilities. It may be possible to create a bootable CD if you don't have a floppy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeze-at-loading-screen.86198/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am using Windows Pro Academic purchased from Microsoft digital river since its release The last few months I gray screen then Freeze have been experiencing a system freeze and then a gray screen I tested my Ram and it Freeze then gray screen passed I tried using one stick of Freeze then gray screen RAM at a time and it still did it I use updated drivers for everything and have updated Windows The symptoms are sporadic in occurrence can go weeks without a crash but once it does it then I have a hard time stopping it as it freezes in the same place right after boot up It will also freeze during safe mode occasionally My ram test passed as did my cpu test My system is a AMD quad core with GB RAM gigabyte foxconn destroyer motherboard Nothing is overclocked I read another post here that had similar problems but the post was closed because it was assumed that the user was using an illegal version of Windows Running a hacked version of Windows will not cause this type of problem those users will be able to use a limited Windows with a completely black background and it will not freeze Any ideas what might be wrong nbsp

A:Freeze then gray screen

Hi, as you have already tested the RAM and CPU the next suspect would be your hard drive, Follow this:
Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturer's diagnostics for ISO (CD) not the one for Windows.
When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD.
In Windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. ImgBurn
Install the program and start the application. Select the top left hand option to burn image file to disk and then on the next window click on the small yellow folder icon and browse to the file you have downloaded from the links below. Then click on the two grey discs with the arrow in between (bottom left) and leave it to complete the operation.
Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos.
Excelstore Use EStest CD image
Hitachi/IBM Use the Drive Fitness Test - CD Image.
Seagate, Samsung, Maxtor & Quantum Follow links for SeaTools
Western Digital
Toshiba/Fujitsu
If you have a Toshiba/Fujitsu hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-then-gray-screen.1034511/
Relevancy 41.28%

so i got a pc from my mothers brother and the computer worked fine when we tested it at his home but when i got the computer home i started to get problems whit my screen turning white and freeze and i have no clue of what it could be i have

updated graphic card
updated mother board
and so on. but i don't know what to do plz help
so i tested to just turn on the pc and don't do any thing to see like how long it would take and no problem until i started doing stuff on the computer after letting it be on like hmm 10 min or so. most times when i turn it on and try to do stuff it can turn white screen from like 1-10 minuets but not doing any thing it looks like it works longer.

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I ve came here again with the same issue yet it s way worse than before I have an Asus K SC laptop running Windows Ultimate My issue is that my laptop freezes followed by a total black out the laptop is still running but I can t do anything even the cursor disappears and if I have a sound on background it repeats the last syllables forever screen freeze Black Sometimes it occurs without a freeze just my monitor Black screen freeze turning black and other times I get a blue screen What I ve seen Black screen freeze during my troubleshooting tries is that whenever I don t get the blue screen when only the monitor turns black the event is not recognised as a crash This occurs when I browse the internet most of the times when I watch a video having pictures loading in the background gifs it even occurs when I m watching movies or playing games it occurs while playing and alt tab it Another thing I observed is that it occurs more often when running on High Performance Entertaining Mode while when on Battery Saving it only occured while watching movies or playing games I have tried to reproduce the problem in Safe Mode but for some reason it never occured Initially it was only occuring when I was alt tabbing games now it expanded to all other situations I previously mentioned My spec OS W Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs RAM GB Graphics Intel HD Graphics I also have a Nvidia Geforce GT MX GB but I never find it mentioned in my specs I hope someone can help me any ideas are welcome I m desperate I suspect a GPU problem but meh what do I know I hope I posted in the right section Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Ok this is the third time, but the first time ever for W7. I build this pc from scratch, and once in a while I leave a game running, and find out later the screen is gray and I have to press the reset button. I don't think its a hardware issue. Happened when I afked in an RPG selling stuff in my shop. Google links seem to lead to drivers so I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows why this happens?

The 2 other times I was playing Counter strike: Source. Using 9.12 Cat drivers from my DVD that came with it.

A:ATI grey screen freeze

Quote: Originally Posted by Heroxoot

and once in a while I leave a game running, and find out later the screen is gray and I have to press the reset button.

Not sure what you mean when you say "I leave a game running" but...

Does this happen while you're playing the game? Or only when you leave it running for awhile?

If you're actually leaving the game running while away from the computer, that could be your grey screen problem.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/75907-ati-grey-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Whenever I'm on the Internet my computer/screen "freezes" and I get a result of "Not Responding" in Taskmaster, can anyone help ?
keyboard_man

A:Computer/screen "freeze"

Test your memory. http://www.memtest86.com/Also check the rest of your hardware. Clean out any dust from the fans and heatsink.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/83389/computerscreen-freeze/
Relevancy 41.28%

Greetings, new poster, tech with a friends laptop that freezes after boot, win and safe mode, looks like a new malware.
Screen goes white, CRL/ALT/DEL still brings up "security screen" but choosing "start task manager" sends you back to white screen. Screen has no icons or task areas but box is not realy frozen: mouse is visible and moves normaly. A custom sound is played on first press of CTL or ALT keys but displays nothing. After about 2 minutes the screen displays the desktop background for 2 seconds and return to blank white. The behavior started after the owner visited his home town paper website in BC canada. No way to gain control and make changes that will last after reboot. All help welcome! Mike

A:new white screen freeze

Can you boot into safemode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486583/new-white-screen-freeze/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
Since two weeks I have this recurrent problem, my computer freezes randomely 5/10 mins after I turned it on.

Here is the tests I ran so far.
-If I do not enter the Win session it will randomely freeze at some point
-If I do enter my Win session it will randomely freeze at some point
-Whether I run hundreds of app or not it will randomely freeze at some point
-If I remove 1, 2 or almost all the ram it still will randomely freeze at some point
-I added glycerine on top of the processor, too cool it down, no success! IWRFASP
-Tried Windows Start Repair. IWRFASP
-Tried running SAFE MODE. IWRFASP
-Tried to run speedfan app control. IWRFASP
-Ran Goldmemory, found nothing. IWRFASP

Cheers in advance

A:Freeze Screen of Death

Hello,

That sounds like a hardware problem; Safe Mode shouldn't be freezing like that. I checked one of the dumps, and it also points to a hardware problem.

Try running Prime95; run all 3 tests, Small FFTs, Large FFTs, and Blend.

CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

Keep a careful eye on Speedfan while you do. Ignore the flame icons, but do note the temps.

Also, run Memtest86 for the RAM; that's a good one to run overnight, or when you don't need to use your computer for several hours.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\JK\Desktop\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2\021611-85207-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a51000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c8ee50
Debug session time: Wed Feb 16 13:12:01.381 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:07.505
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80136398f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80136398f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0335b6f0 fffff800`02d0ba99 : fffffa80`136398d0 fffffa80`12e25b60 fffffa80`00000006 00000000`00000001 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`0335bc10 fffff800`02bed677 : fffffa80`136398d0 fffff800`02c665f8 fffffa80`12e25b60 00000003`00000005 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`0335bc40 fffff800`02b55c45 : fffff800`02cc8360 fffffa80`135f4bf8 fffffa80`135f4bf0 fffffa80`12e25b60 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`0335bc80 fffff800`02ace961 : fffff880`010c4e00 fffff800`02b55c20 fffffa80`12e25b60 ed29ed29`a37aa37a : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`0335bcb0 fffff800`02d647c6 : 93d693d6`26c926c9 fffffa80`12e25b60 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`12e056f0 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`0335bd40 fffff800`02a9fc26 : fffff880`0316a180 fffffa80`12e25b60 fffff880`031750c0 69fc69fc... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-screen-of-death-552068.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hey guys i have a hp laptop running vista and help screen freeze says keeps pc blue it was working just fine untill one day it would just freeze out of no were and stay froze up then i would have to restart it only to just come back to it freezeing up on me untill one day i got a blue screen saying it needs to shut down and a error message came up kernal inpage data error x a help pc keeps freeze blue screen says so then i just took my back up disk and set the hole system back to factory settings thinking maybe a virus or some thing and that would clear it up then i tryed turn on again and did all the set up stuff afer reseting your pc and it was loading the updates and it just froze again and keep getting that blue shut down screen so then i took out one help pc keeps freeze blue screen says stick of ram and turned it back on and it worked fine so then i switch that one out with the other to do a vistas ram test i did that and the other one cheaked out fine then it went to restart and it would just stop in the post then i took that one out and put other back in and now it keep freeze up at post some one help plzzzzzzz i need this pc for my school work nbsp

A:help pc keeps freeze blue screen says

http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/detail.aspx?guid=&ErrorID=23365 let us know...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-pc-keeps-freeze-blue-screen-says.677752/