Windows Support Forum

Conputer won't boot from CD...the BIOS order is correct

Q: Conputer won't boot from CD...the BIOS order is correct

The computer starts up and I see " Boot From CD _ " but nothing happens and it just restarts itself.

There is only one CD Drive so I know it's not conflicting with anything else....

I'm trying to do a fresh install of XP.

It has an MSI KM4AM mobo

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Conputer won't boot from CD...the BIOS order is correct

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Conputer won't boot from CD...the BIOS order is correct

if you see "boot from cd_" then there's nothing wrong with the bios setting. could be a bad cd/dvd drive if it restarts itself. normally it'll say "non bootable disk" if it's a bad disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/conputer-wont-boot-from-cd-the-bios-order-is-correct-447602.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi, I had a phone tech work with me and he changed my boot sequence. I can't remember the order that it was in before he messed around with other things and didn't put it back to what it was. A little frustrated with his help because it was for naught, and only made a bigger mess. Anyway, as I said I can't remember what order, which comes first? He has it set to floppy. Does the hard drive come first in the list followed by disk drive, then floppy? Please advise. With thanks,

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Want to multi boot XP Vista Win Win and Unbantu Currently have win on an SSD I've had win DP CP RP install for testing but now have wiped that drive I have an empty GB drive I want to install all those OS on I think the correct order of installs would be XP - updating to SP x Vista - updating SP x Win - updating SP x Use EasyBCD to build a boot loader menu with WIn as default Ubuntu Boot through grub to get back to WIn Update EasyBCD boot loader menu with WIn as default and add Linux menu item Win RP x Boot back to win somehow from win Update EasyBCD boot loader menu with WIn as default and win menu item I'm sure I'm missing some small but important steps I want to use win as default so there is not reboot to get to other OS's as when Win is the default Also not sure if I need to remove the boot flag for XP Win8 - Win7 of order XP Multi OS Ubuntu Correct Boot Vista installs if Multi Boot Correct order of OS installs - XP Vista Win7 Ubuntu Win8 i'm loading Vista right after Of coarse I have OS backup images Multi Boot Correct order of OS installs - XP Vista Win7 Ubuntu Win8 and data backup on other Data backup drives Can several of you out there give this a once over and post some pointers to make this go fairly smooth Thanks Multi Boot Correct order of OS installs - XP Vista Win7 Ubuntu Win8

A:Multi Boot Correct order of OS installs - XP Vista Win7 Ubuntu Win8

Unless you do it and report back if it was successful we would not know if this is the way go.

If you install Windows versions from old to new (XP, Vista, 7, 8) every OS automatically cares for dual/multi booting.

I would install Ubuntu/GRUB last but not to MBR !

Adding a boot sector loader later for any Linux is not a problem.
1. Copy GRUB first stage (copy partition boot sector) to a file.
2. Create a boot sector loader in system BCD with file from 1.
See how to add any Linux to Windows BCD with bcdedit or Visual BCD

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/9962-multi-boot-correct-order-os-installs-xp-vista-win7-ubuntu-win8.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I got a SSD now in my system connected to the first sata port with win7 installed
My previous (mechanical) sata hard disk who was prev. setup on this port is still usable and also has win7 installed on it. i wnat to use it as a experiment setup.
If I connect this old hdd to another sata port say sata 1 or 2.

Can I choose to boot from either the new SSD or the old sata-hdd and run win7 without problems using the BIOS boot order?

I read some scary stuff about this scenario could mess things up because both both drives used to be 'C'

Also I have my BIOS setup with AHCI nowbecause of the SSD. My previous hdd used the standard sata-mode. If I use this old mechanical sata hdd which has windows7 on it and use AHCI in bios will it boot/work?

A:Boot from one of 2 attached drives with BIOS boot order no problem?

As long as you installed windows independently, with the other drive unplugged, there would be no issue choosing either one to boot from the bios.

I doubt if the hard drive will boot in AHCI mode, but test it to see.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/318195-boot-one-2-attached-drives-bios-boot-order-no-problem.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there I hope this is the right forum for this question My son has an i custom build computer and the previous owner gummed the computer up good with malware etc The current setup is Windows but our goal is to install a fresh copy of windows Professional -bit which we have purchased quot intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot This is a bit of a project for us so we are taking our boot can't boot to not trying order in BIOS working DBAN change time with it and hopefully learning something along the way We are trying to wipe the can't boot DBAN trying to change boot order in BIOS not working HDD completely on the can't boot DBAN trying to change boot order in BIOS not working machine but we are unable to run DBAN to do so because every time we restart the machine it keeps booting up in Windows instead of DBAN I have gone into BIOS and changed the order of the BOOT to read from the CD-ROM followed by the USB before the C Drive I have copies of DBAN on both USB drive and CD-ROM But it is still not booting Not sure what to do Cheers Sean

A:can't boot DBAN trying to change boot order in BIOS not working

It is possible you have not created a bootable CD/USB. Use Rufus for example. https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Also provide motherboard make/model please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/374050-cant-boot-dban-trying-change-boot-order-bios-not-working.html
Relevancy 69.23%

No way, in the BIOS, to change Boot prioriy. I cannot use a CD to boot from in an emergency. How can this be done?
Gigabyte laptop, Windows 10, 64. I cannot disable secure boot, the option will not highlite.

A:BIOS Boot order

Have you talked to the manufacturer of the laptop?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/47197-bios-boot-order.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys! I have an old dell laptop here with windows 7 on it. im trying to reformat the drive and install a fresh copy of 7 ultimate but cd drive is not on the boot order. when i enter the bios and try to change anything in the boot menu, nothing happens. it literally wont let me. when i hit the change value key over cd/dvd rom drive it just beeps at me. i know some ppl have often said a solution to this is to disable "secure boot/csm/UEFI" etc. but this system doesnt even have those options. it does have a comparable "computrace" but it is deactivated and inaccessible. How can i get the system to start from the disc drive so i can reformat and install a fresh copy of 7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bios-boot-order-1065602.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to delete all the files from an old HP XH laptop running XP Its screen doesn't work so I have it attached to a remote monitor BIOS edit? w/o boot-up How to order change boot I have both a bootable floppy and bootable cd How to change boot order w/o boot-up BIOS edit? which have Active Kill Disk My intention is to boot one or the other and erase everything on the hard drive Problem I am unable to get into my BIOS to change the boot order Since I have to do a Fn-F to switch over to the monitor I am unable to get there in time to see when to hit F to edit my BIOS I have been trying for several hours to quot guess quot when to hit it still with no success I'm not even sure I would be able to see the BIOS screen anyway - maybe you have to get past that for Fn-F to swap out to the monitor If I let the system boot normally I can swap over in time to see it loading Windows XP Question Is there any way to change the boot order from within Windows or from DOS prompts Question Lacking a positive answer to is there any other way to delete all the files from the hard drive so I can dispose of the laptop Thanks

A:How to change boot order w/o boot-up BIOS edit?

When you hit the power switch of your laptop at same time start pressing f2 and keep hitting it until you get in BIOS. After getting in BIOS I you know what to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-boot-order-w-o-boot-up-bios-edit-432871.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am choosing which OS to boot by changing the boot order in my BIOS. To me, this seems clean and simple. I built 32 bit XP on one disk, then removed that disk from my system, installed a different disk, and built 64 bit W7.

When both disks are installed, I change the boot order to select the OS I want, and each OS sees and can use the files on either disk.

Am I asking for trouble here, or is this as clean as I think it is? What I want is one set of user document files which can be used from whichever OS has been booted.

A:Choosing which OS to boot by changing BIOS boot order

Quote: Originally Posted by pander1203

I am choosing which OS to boot by changing the boot order in my BIOS. To me, this seems clean and simple. I built 32 bit XP on one disk, then removed that disk from my system, installed a different disk, and built 64 bit W7.

When both disks are installed, I change the boot order to select the OS I want, and each OS sees and can use the files on either disk.

Am I asking for trouble here, or is this as clean as I think it is? What I want is one set of user document files which can be used from whichever OS has been booted.

There are no problems with doing it that way its just a PITA. with minimal work you can have a bootloader where all you have to do is click the OS you want to run. You need to use a tool like bcdedit. there are instructions for itis use here BCDEDIT - How to Use .How this helps and let us know if you need help with anything

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32181-choosing-os-boot-changing-bios-boot-order.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Gday there i can boot up my PC by tapping f 11 i can see my ssd and my Samsung hard drive there i tap ssd drive and it boots ,but i have to do this painful process every time i boot up.
my mobo is a z77 extreme 4 all was fine until i followed an over clock guide and my bios must have reset it self when i went past the sweet spot.I did find a solution as a cmd prompt make ssd boot priority 1 in the cmd prompt,i found this in Google but now i cant find it again.Can some one please advise me what to do.

A:ssd not showing in bios boot order

Have you tried going to the BIOS and setting the SSD as first in the boot priority?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/342151-ssd-not-showing-bios-boot-order.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Computer is an Asus. Windows 7. Has been having issues.. blah blah.. how do I change the boot order so that it goes to CD first? Thanks in advance.
...Tried to upload picture but it is too large apparently. Here is a link to it:
http://tinypic.com/r/i3w17m/8

A:Bios.... Changing Boot Order???

Hello and Welcome

From the picture it looks like you would use the up/down arrow keys to hightlight Boot Option 1 and then use the +/- keys to change it.

I believe you can also access the boot order menu by tapping Esc or F8 at boot for ASUS but it depends on the model number.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559747/bios-changing-boot-order/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have one Sata drive and one IDE
I need to boot to Sata
I have set the BIOS to do this and it does ONCE only

Each time I turn pc on or restart it defaults to the IDE

Please help not sure what to do now

TIA
Jan

A:Bios not holding boot order

It's most likely the small cmos button battery requires replacing
If this is a Desktop computer you will need to download the free service\operational manual from your computer's (if brand name) or Motherboard's home support site
This will help in locating this cmos battery, and also advise you on electrical and anti-static precautions

Please replace the CMOS battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-not-holding-boot-order.116637/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all,
I have an old Dell laptop that is currently running Windows XP, but I'd like to install Linux on it. So I went into the BIOS, revision A14, and got to the page that changes boot order, so I can boot from CD. It says to use the right and left arrow keys to change it, but they don't do anything. So I am stuck with having to boot from floppy which I can't do for unrelated reasons. Any ideas on why I can't change this? The keyboard works fine, I can change other settings, just not this. Or am I totally missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Can't change boot order in BIOS

Try moving to the selection you want and hit enter.
That might give you a selection window.
If not try + and -.
Page up and page down also works on some.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-boot-order-in-bios.781230/
Relevancy 68.37%

I cantt get rid of some viruses.I prepared a booting stick with Avira to clean the system 'from the outside'.I can't make the pc boot from the stick, even if I properly set the BIOS booting order.I saw a more recent BIOS is available. I've tryed to update. Everything ok, but at reboot it says the update was not successful.The error log file (ME_IPD.txt) says Intel (R) Firmware Update Utility Version: 2.0.0.2077
Copyright (C) 2007 - 2015, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Cannot locate hardware platform identification
This program cannot be run on the current platformThe bios update packaged was given by the support, after automatic (and correct) identification of the machine and OS.So what's wrong with the 'current platfrom' Thanks to whoever will help Paolo

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/boot-order-bios-update/td-p/5830315
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello , my computer totally crashed several weeks ago...got it basically under control , but in my initial panick I changed something in the bios ? It starts with two options on a black screen...windows xp and windows xp set up...and if I dont catch it in time it goes to blue screen with bla bla cdrom something....I hope and Im sure someone here knows what I ( stupidly ) did. I loaned my laptop the other day and forgot about this and got a freaked out call from my friend that my laptop was broken etc....hope someone can help...thanks

A:bios boot order windows xp

go back into the bios and change to defaults

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17039-bios-boot-order-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi i have a problem, i recently upgraded my sony vaio pc with a SSD.

originally it had 2x500gb RAID0 as the C disk but i clean installed on my new vertex 2 SSD and set everything up, BUT my bios keeps changing the boot order and i keep getting 'boot manager missing' press ctrl+alt+del to restart.

the RAID 0 is under Volume0 in the bios (limit bios as its from sony)

but it keeps putting [SONY] as the 1st boot and the best i can gues this is the in-built card readers.

I ve tried everthing and i cant get it to stay as i set it.

Also i cant update my bios as the .exe update tool gets a 'Cannot read system information' error message.

please and help would be amazing, ive been pulling my hair out for hours.

A:Bios Keeps changing boot order...

When you reinstalled with the single HD, did you change the SATA controller to AHCI or IDE mode? Or is it still set ot RAID? Check all BIOS settings related to SATA, IDE or RAID drives controller.

How many HD's are connected? Try booting with only the Win7 HD plugged in.

You say that "SONY" is listed as the First boot device. Sony what? Can you be more specific as to what device this is? Try setting the HD upon which Win7 is installed as first to boot if it's not.

Next try resetting the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

See if you can update the BIOS now, or if the problem clears. Post back a screenshot of the full Disk Mgmt drive map with listings, using Snipping Tool in Start Menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/135541-bios-keeps-changing-boot-order.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I recently acquired a 5-year old Compaq Presario 5030 desktop. Upon checking the settings in the Compaq BIOS, I discovered that there are none present that allow you to change the boot order of the various drives. How do you deal with this?

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello , my computer totally crashed several weeks ago...got it basically under control , but in my initial panick I changed something in the bios ? It starts with two options on a black screen...windows xp and windows xp set up...and if I dont catch it in time it goes to blue screen with bla bla cdrom something....I hope and Im sure someone here knows what I ( stupidly ) did. I loaned my laptop the other day and forgot about this and got a freaked out call from my friend that my laptop was broken etc....hope someone can help...thanks

A:bios boot order windows xp

go back into the bios and change to defaults

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17039-bios-boot-order-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am getting Boot Failure Insert Disk in A. (Windows XP)

I checked the boot sequence in the BIOS and the IDE is 3rd. How do I change it to 1st?
Thanks.

Bob

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there nbsp Here is the issue nbsp About three days ago I wanted to reformat my Laptop I was on Windows at this point For some stupid reason I downgraded to windows Boot Order in Legacy Bios Luckily for me I have a save of windows on my usb nbsp So the problem is that I don't know how to access the parameter for unlock legacy boot order in Bios Yes I know Legacy Boot Order in Bios that I have to enable it in the Bios but I browser all over Internet to see example of this case whit this specific Bios cause it's not like Phoenix Bios or Insyde Bios nbsp That is why I ask you directly how do I activated that to change legacy boot order nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp very much nbsp for the reply Asher nbsp nbsp Here some specific nbsp info about my computer nbsp nbsp MiniToolBox by Farbar nbsp Version - - Ran by Julien administrator on - - at Running from C Users Julien Downloads Microsoft Windows nbsp X Model HP ProBook G Manufacturer Hewlett-PackardBoot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP ConfigurationSuccessfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Ethernet Connected Intel R Dual Band Wireless-N Wi-Fi Media disconnected Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Network Connection Media disconnected TAP-Windows Adapter V Ethernet Media disconnected Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name IEXPLORE EXE version time stamp x e Faulting module name Flash ocx version time stamp x aa a Exception code xc Fault offset x e Faulting process id x ccFaulting application start time xIEXPLORE EXE Faulting application path IEXPLORE EXE Faulting module path IEXPLORE EXE Report Id IEXPLORE EXE Faulting package full name IEXPLORE EXE Faulting package-relative application ID IEXPLORE EXE Error PM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledSPRetry Error PM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledEvent Error PM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error Continuously busy for more than a secondError PM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledSPRetry Error PM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledEvent Error PM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error Continuously busy for more than a secondError PM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledSPRetry Error PM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledEvent Error PM Source Bonjour Service User Description Task Scheduling Error Continuously busy for more than a secondSystem errors Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The HP File Sanitizer service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Error AM Source DCOM User NT AUTHORITY Description application-specificLocalActivation D B C -BB - wbr -A F-E B D CA EE -ACB - C -AFC -AB wbr C NT AUTHORITYSYSTEMS- - - LocalHost Using LRPC UnavailableUnavailableError AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The HP File Sanitizer service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Error AM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot User NT AUTHORITY Description Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The CyberLink PowerDVD Media Server Service service terminated unexpectedly nbsp It has done this time s Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The HP File Sanitizer service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The HP File Sa... Read more

A:Legacy Boot Order in Bios

@Asher0004? Go to Advance then Boot Options. BIOS Simulator here. http://h20464.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5405400&MEID=C5343471-BBE6-4005-9DC8-0E40D6D060FB REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Legacy-Boot-Order-in-Bios/td-p/5710063
Relevancy 68.37%

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559747/bios-changing-boot-order/#entry3841096 - Hamluis.

Hello
I have problem of could not change boot order to DVD on windows 7 my laptop is Dell inspiron 15R

A:Cannot Change Boot Order in BIOS

Please do the following.  This will provide me with the name of the BIOS manufacturer and its version.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593369/cannot-change-boot-order-in-bios/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just recently had to upgrade to a 880gm-ud2h motherboard after my old one died (an older model, also updated the RAM and Processor, but not the hard drives or video card) but now that I've done all this, something has messed up with Windows.
Whenever I start the computer, windows will seem to start normally, then a BSOD will flash for less than a second before the computer reboots and demands that I run the System Repair thing for Windows. After running this three times without effect, I decided that I was better off installing a new OS (I lost my repair disk), and created a USB bootable for Ubuntu.
However, with this USB boot drive plugged in, hitting F12 during boot up brings up the BIOS boot order as normal, but no matter which option I choose nothing changes.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

A:Boot order of BIOS isn't changing

Well for some reason it finally decided to work, but now the computer won't go past a black screen that says "Loading Operating System..." and it sat there for about fifteen, twenty minutes,.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-order-of-bios-isnt-changing.170680/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone,

Before I start, please tell me if this is in the wrong category. Virtualization seemed like the most applicable

Anyway,

I am on a laptop running Windows 8.1 x64. I have an external Hard Drive, with 3 partitions. ONE of them, assigned as X:, contains Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Using the Advanced System Settings built into Windows 8.1, I tried using the 'Use a device' option, and it came up with three options under the name of my hard drive. I assume these were the three partitions, but hey all had the same name. I cannot tell the difference between them. I tried selecting all of them to boot, and the computer still booted to Windows 8.1. I tried editing the boot order in the bios, trying the three partitions as the first option, and it still didn't boot to my copy of Windows 7.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong, or does Windows 8.1 simply not allow external USB booting?

A:BIOS Boot Order has been completely ignored

If the external HD is MBR then I think you have to turn off EUFI. Also secure booting. Afaik if EUFI is enabled then only GPT Windows partitions can boot(or OS that can handle EUFI such as some Linux distros.)

Secure Boot - Enable or Disable in UEFI
I believe in the EUFI options you must have Legacy or Legacy + EUFI selected or MBR type drives just will not boot.
For my backup image software I had to set up a USB to boot using EUFI(well, Macrium did it for me.) In that case all I have to do is select the USB in the boot order.

Edit: I think this issue would come under Installation and Setup. Virtualization is about running virtual machines or guest OS etc..

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/46756-bios-boot-order-has-been-completely-ignored.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have read many of the posts here on this subject. I have Googled and read many inputs on how to solve this problem. None of these have worked for me.
Here are some of my system specs:

Dell Inspiron 17R 5721
OS Name Microsoft Windows 8 Version 6.2.9200 Build 9200

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3517U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A03, 10/24/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 1.01
BIOS Mode UEFI

Secure Boot State On

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 G

As so many others have written, I can't change the boot-up order which means at this time, I can only boot from the hard disk.
I am hopeful that it is my ignorance that prevents me from accessing and changing the order, and that some good hearted soul will set my down the right path.

Thanks
James

A:How to change the BIOS boot order?

Are you having trouble getting to UEFI/BIOS? Try turning fast startup off: Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 8. If you have tried this approach, then please tell us what else you have tried.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21771-how-change-bios-boot-order.html
Relevancy 67.51%

HP 110-016 runing updated Windows 10.  Am trying to dual boot to ubuntu.  Ubuntu is installed and works along side windows.  Changing the boot order in the BIOS will not stick.  It always changes back to boot only windows.   I get into the BIOS change the boot order so Ubuntu boots first, do F10 to save then do a save and exit.  At this time the computer will boot to Ubuntu, but as soon as I turn the computer off and then restart it will boot to windows. This is not what I want. Is there something wrong with the BIOS?  Any fixes?

A:Changing boot order in BIOS will not stick

@danmf?, welcome to the forum. It has been awhile since I used Ubuntu, but I believe that you have to use GRUB to select the drive that you want to use at boot.  I suggest going to www.ubuntuforums.org for help.  They are the experts on Ubuntu. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Changing-boot-order-in-BIOS-will-not-stick/td-p/5777543
Relevancy 67.51%

This is the first time I've seen a computer with a boot order that can't be changed. It's a rebuilt Dell E520. When I go to the bios, it lists about 7 changes that can't be made, and one is the boot order. It boots the HD first and the CD/Rom second. period! So is there some other way I can run the Reinstallation CD so I can repair whatever it is that's making this machine seem like it's got the FengXing Infection? Thanks, Bahb

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everyone.
A little embarrassing but I can not change the boot order in the BIOS of my mobo to boot from the ODD in order to boot from a CD. My mobo is an Intel desktop board DH55TC. Hopefully there is some of you guys who has the same mobo who can give me a little help.
Merry Christmas.

A:Help changing boot order in Intel BIOS

Changing boot order in BIOS setup steps are on page 64 here: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/1850...chProdSpec.pdf

You can also get a one-time BIOS Boot Menu by pressing F10 key repeatedly at first boot screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/133443-help-changing-boot-order-intel-bios.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Operating System is XP Pro SP I recently built a desktop with a Gigabyte mobo I have several USB and USB eSATA external hard drives The SATA BIOS Order Keeps Boot Priority Changing internal drives consist of two in a RAID configuration There is only one operating system installed on the RAID internal drives Naturally I set the RAID drives to boot first in the main BIOS setup of the time that s where the boot begins for most of us I ve got the usual seperate boot menu that allows you to boot from another device On the next reboot it reverts back to the normal boot order I found out too late the this mobo randomly BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority changes the boot order If one or two external drives are turned on the boot order will be scrambled This is beyond insane because you cannot boot from something that has no operating system active BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority partition etc Google turned up a long list of posts on other forums about this problem It occurs with other mobo s BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority besides Gigabyte Someone suggested checking out BIOS Overlay s and bootloader programs The only thing I remember about overlay s is that they were used with an older BIOS that would not recognize a partition over a certain size A few years ago hard drives capacities exploded but a lot of folks had older mobo s that couldn t quot see quot these big drives Bootloaders or boot managers are usually used when you ve got two or more operating systems installed Could this type of program lock my system so it would always boot from the active partition even though I have only one operating system installed If the BIOS setup is always scrambling the boot order I don t see how a boot manager could resolve this problem I ve got double backups of everything I m willing to try anything that one of you BIOS gurus might suggest nbsp

A:BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority

Do you have the latest bios version? If not go to gigabytes site and download it and flash the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-keeps-changing-boot-order-priority.790564/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 motherboard MA785GM-USTH. I have tried several times to set the BIOS to boot first from a cd/dvd. It does not change the boot order. I continues to boot from my hard drive. I want to boot from a UBUNTU CD and I can't. Can someone help?

A:My Gigabyte BIOS won't change the boot order

My short answer here to this, is that it sounds like your BIOS needs a swift kick in the pants! Maybe the BIOS just needs a jump start, maybe to get things back on track. This is just a real quick little fix, if it works.

1. Remove the computer from power, unplug the power cord from the power supply.

2. Take the side panel off your computer case, exposing the guts of the machine.

3. Look for the motherboard, then look for a small shiny chrome colored battery.

4. Remove that chrome colored battery off the motherboard.

5. With the battery removed, take your hand and press the (power) button on the front of the case.

6. Keep that button depressed and or pushed for approx. 30 to 40 seconds, while your computer BIOS is drained of it's power and hopefully it's current setting.

7. Let off the (power) button, replace the chrome battery back onto the motherboard, replace the side panel of the case and reconnect the computer power cord to the back of the power supply.

Now turn on your computer and see if that helped take care of some things! Again, this is just one of those quick fixes that may or may not always work.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-gigabyte-bios-wont-change-the-boot-order.164757/
Relevancy 67.51%

Okay, I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre 7373CTO. And i would like to use multiple drives. i could do it on any other machine.Anyways. i start the pc i go into setup i go to boot order to make sure my Hitachi boot drive is #1 so my other drive that simply holds files is not reconized to boot from, so i change the boot order i re arrange it just he way i like it. and i go to the EXIT tab. The Save and Exit option is always greyed out and it always makes me exit without saving. I need to know how to save it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Changing-Boot-Order-in-BIOS-and-having-it-save/td-p/3340874
Relevancy 67.51%

Heys guys I'm hoping I can get some help with this I have a Lenovo y p It has drives one with the OS GB SSD mm N order UEFI BIOS Changing set is when to boot NGFF and a data drive TB HDD My computer recently crashed when I was installing a piece of software Bentley MX Road it's a road alignment package When I restarted my laptop I was greeted with a lovely message informing Changing boot order when BIOS is set to UEFI me that winload efi was corrupt That was fine so I did a bit of research to fix it involving getting a recover DVD and going to the command prompt to rebuild BCD That didnt work for me as it didnt detect windows I tried to see what was up with the SSD using DISKPART amp CHKDSK Neither of these showed the SSD They only showed the HDD So now to take a step back In order to get the recovery DVD to boot I had to change the boot option in the BIOS from UEFI to legacy support This showed me a list of bootable devices HDD SSD DVD etc When UEFI is selected only one option is available which is the Windows boot manager This is followed by the serial number of the HDD which does not have any OS on it I have tried using f which give me the windows boot manager option and nothing else When I select this it boots me into the error message So to get to the root of this how can I change the boot order when the BIOS is set to UEFI so I can repair the winload efi file on the SSD Thanks for any help

A:Changing boot order when BIOS is set to UEFI

You change it the same way as before. Usually you can do it withe the OEM software installed on Win8.

You may have to turn off Fast Boot if set.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67566-changing-boot-order-when-bios-set-uefi.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I want to change the boot order to allow bootup from iso disks.Keyboarding F10 at doesn' t bring up the BIOS screen, and the machine just boots into  Win7. Any suggestions?Thanks

A:Can' t enter BIOS to change boot order

@ZL1BNB?, welcome to the forum. Try using the Esc key to see if that works.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Can-t-enter-BIOS-to-change-boot-order/td-p/5786042
Relevancy 66.65%

I was dual booting Windows Update and Ubnutu nbsp From the windows disk BIOS change Cannot U300s: boot access order to manager I deleted all Ubuntu partitions and rebooted my notebook I U300s: Cannot access BIOS to change boot order was immediatlly present with the grub rescue promt Normally this is a quick and easy fix by booting a windows USB CD and repairing the windows MBR nbsp nbsp My problem is I can't access the bios or the boot menu to change the boot order Nothing I've tried has let me get U300s: Cannot access BIOS to change boot order into the bios to set my USB stick as the first boot option nbsp nbsp Using the small recovery key button on the side of the notebook which normally boots the notebook to the screen where you can choose which drive to boot does the same as the power button There is no bios flash screen or abililty to press any keys before getting to the grub screen nbsp nbsp I've drained the battery and left over night hoping this would reset the state it seems to be stuck in but that also did nothing nbsp nbsp Here is a short video showing what happens when I boot the notebook http youtu be FpC Deuawk nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:U300s: Cannot access BIOS to change boot order

peavers wrote:I was dual booting Windows 8.1 Update and Ubnutu 14.04 From the windows disk manager I deleted all Ubuntu partitions and rebooted my notebook. I was immediatlly present with the grub rescue promt. Normally this is a quick and easy fix, by booting a windows USB/CD and repairing the windows MBR.  My problem is I can't access the bios or the boot menu to change the boot order. Nothing I've tried has let me get into the bios to set my USB stick as the first boot option.  Using the small recovery key button on the side of the notebook which normally boots the notebook to the screen where you can choose which drive to boot does the same as the power button. There is no bios flash screen or abililty to press any keys before getting to the grub screen.  I've drained the battery and left over night hoping this would reset the state it seems to be stuck in but that also did nothing.  Here is a short video showing what happens when I boot the notebook http://youtu.be/2FpC2Deuawk   I think the problem is in deleting Ubuntu. According to this video after the deletion of the Ubuntu partitions they must be combined back to the Windows partition.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/U300s-Cannot-access-BIOS-to-change-boot-order/td-p/1572070
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I have a Lenovo laptop that is about years old It was working fine earlier today but when I picked it up to turn it on it was powered down and the message came up saying BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart I tried to restart and Bootmgr order change into and Boot to get Missing BIOS can't enter the bios to change the boot order so I could boot from my windows usb to repair the problem with the command Missing Bootmgr and can't get into BIOS to change Boot order prompt but it would not let me into the BIOS I tried burning a windows Disc to try that but again it won't boot from the cd dvd either I know how to fix the problem but I cannot access the bios to change the settings What could that problem be caused by Is the mother board gone I have seen other posts similar to this but everyone seems to pay attention to the windows part and not answer why they can't access the BIOS I have tried all the keys F F F F ESC Del Normally the F key works for entering the bios and the F is for changing the boot order on my machine Please help with this BIOS problem and ignore the Windows BOOTMGR problem Thank you

A:Missing Bootmgr and can't get into BIOS to change Boot order

Might help any helpers if you fill in your computer specs. Keep in mind the more information you give, the better the chance that someone can or WILL help you... Computer type: Laptop & OS: Nevada???? are not much to go on, no?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343774-missing-bootmgr-cant-get-into-bios-change-boot-order.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My Samsung SATA SSD + 3 HD's list during boot up and show in ASUS BIOS in the Hard Disk Drives boot order, but in the "Boot Device Priority" I do not get an option for my SATA CD-Roms, USB and Floppy.

Everything was working fine until I performed a software reboot.

Windows 7 64bit, Asus Rampage II,

A:BIOS lists SATA HD's but won't let me pick them in Boot Order??

It turns out somehow my external backup HD had jumped to the top of hard drive list. Problem was solved when I put the ssd back in 1st position.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246200-bios-lists-sata-hds-but-wont-let-me-pick-them-boot-order.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My hard drive died and it needed replacement. Did so. Had originally been Windows8 but upgraded to Windows 10. Unable to re boot with reinstall disks. Need BIOS boot specs, screen info to use disks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-info-for-correct-boot-of-windows-from-disk-for-new-hard/td-p/5702830
Relevancy 66.22%

EDITED. PLEASE SEE AMENDED POST ABOVE.

Para 5.1.4 of Acronis 2015 Manual = "Arranging boot order in BIOS". It says:

"To boot your computer from Acronis bootable rescue media, you need to arrange boot order in BIOS so the media is the first booting device." and:

"Press the key combination (such as, Del, F1, Ctrl+Alt+Esc, Ctrl+Esc). BIOS setup utility will open.."

MY QUESTION: Am I Right in thinking that my machine will then automatically tell me the correct key combinations to press to get the BIOS setup utility to open, (so that I can then set my bootable backup to be the first booting device)?

If not, how do I find them?

Thanks.

A:Using an Acronis Bootable Backup: Arranging Boot Order in BIOS

The correct key to get into the BIOS varies, depending on motherboard or PC manufacturer.

The list of keys mentioned are likely candidates. The delete key works on my PC.

I've got a Gigabyte motherboard, just as you do. I'd suggest you try the delete key. You may have to hold it down or poke it once per second or twice per second. The timing can be cranky.

Once you get into the BIOS, you can then change the order to whatever you want.

OR--and this is likely simpler--use one of the F keys to bring up a ONE-TIME only menu, from which you can choose the boot device. That way, you don't have to use the BIOS at all.

F12 works for that on my Gigabyte board. You'd choose your CD/DVD drive from that menu--if you made a recovery CD. Or choose your USB drive, if you made a USB recovery drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/370814-using-acronis-bootable-backup-arranging-boot-order-bios.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This site is useless, I recently asked a question and nobody managed to help I just got brushed of. My question is nowhere to be seen anymore, why?. Nobody here seems to understand what I asked. Here I go again: Since upgrading Win7 to Win10 I have been unable to access my 2 other Physical HDDs which have WinXP on them. Even the boot screen which used to come up when pressing F8 at restart has now disappeared.edited by moderator: Add missing link to original post

A:Does Windows 10 override BIOS boot order on older mobos

This site is uselessIf this site is useless, why do you keep asking question? While we fully understood your problem we do not have the correct answer because Windows 10 is only 19 days old. We are still studying and learning the behaviors of the new beast and develop methods that best tame itSince upgrading Win7 to Win10 I have been unable to access my 2 other Physical HDDs which have WinXP on themI am not sure what happened. How did you do the upgrade? Where did you get the Windows 10 installer? What instructions did you follow or did you do it blindly thinking what works for Windows 7 will work for Windows 10?Even the boot screen which used to come up when pressing F8 at restart has now disappearedThat is because Windows 10 has F8 Safe Mode key disabled by design.i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 Usermessage edited by XpUser

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/does-windows-10-override-bios-boot-order-on-older-mobos/108.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I've got a Windows 7 upgrade disc, so I first installed Windows XP and now need to boot from this new disc. Because I'm going from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Windows 7, I have to boot from the disc.

I can press F12 to get into the boot order selection screen; but pressing the arrow keys, escape, or enter has no effect. Once I'm on that screen, I just have to turn off the PC because I can't do anything else.

Both keyboards I've tried have been USB. I actually bought a new keyboard in case my keyboard was the issue, but the stores only had USB keyboards--if USB is the issue, I'll have to wait a few days before I can borrow an old keyboard that uses PS2.

Is there any way to workaround this using the USB keyboard I have?

A:Keyboard doesn't work in BIOS, any other way to change boot order?

Try plugging the usb keyboard into the usb port next to the ethernet port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-doesnt-work-in-bios-any-other-way-to-change-boot-order.915368/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I have a HP Pavilion 15 n204tx Notebook with Windows 8.1 running. Now I would like to install a SSD by replacing the optical drive. I am not an expert and I did some digging. I heard that before I install Windows to the new SSD, I should change settings in BIOS to AHCI concerning my hard drive. My Problem now is that I can't find it in BIOS. Where can it be found and maybe changed? Is it really needed to change BIOS mode? What are my alternate choices?

A:UEFI BIOS Access, Changing Boot Drive Order To SSD

Hi, No, you can't do that. You have to swap SSD and HDD. Put old HDD to the caddy. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/UEFI-BIOS-Access-Changing-Boot-Drive-Order-To-SSD/td-p/5764856
Relevancy 66.22%

Have a Lenovo H420 desktop that was upgraded about 2 months ago. We backed up everything and want to reinstall Windows 7.

But I can find no way to get into the Setup screen. I've gone to Settings, Update & Security, Advanced Startup and Restart Now. But I have no option to Use a Device. If I choose Troubleshoot then Advanced Options, the subsequent screen has no option for UEFI Firmware Settings.

I've disabled Fast Boot through Power Options in the Control Panel, then tried F2 and the Delete key when starting. Nothing...

The fact that I can't do something that was so easy in Windows 7 is enough reason in itself to remove 10. Throw in the fact that the scanner part of my printer no longer works is just icing on the cake. I have the Windows 7 disk. I just can't figure out how to use it.

A:After Upgrade Can't Access BIOS to Change Boot Order for W7 Reinstall

According to the mamual:

2.3 System Setup

System Setup configures the network configuration for the Lenovo Rescue
System to ensure your Rescue System can connect to internet. In addition, System
Setup sets and manages all passwords for the Lenovo Rescue system.

2.3.1 Launch
Repeatedly press and release the F2 key when turning on the computer until the
Lenovo Rescue System open, then select System Setup.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36505-after-upgrade-cant-access-bios-change-boot-order-w7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have just updated Win7 to Win10. I have 3 HDDs 2 have XP one has theWin10. I am unable to boot to either of the drives with Xp on them.Win 10 seems to ignore the boot order in the bios. It keeps booting to Win10 only. My Mobo is Asus P5QL-E.Any ideas as to what I can do?message edited by Anteron

A:Windows 10 is overriding Asus BIOS dual boot order settings

Well, first step would be to make sure Win 10's fast boot's disabled. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-is-overriding-asus-bios-dual-boot-order-settings/97.html
Relevancy 64.5%

This is my problem I am curantly working on a Acer aspire The problem with this computer is that it has sticky keys first i thought it was the keyboard so i plunged in a usb keyboard and still had the same problems keys don t react fast when i turn caps lock on it turns it off and vise Help.. order.. Need Sticky aspire BIOS 4520 change and boot key Solved: cant Acer versa when i use the mouse to click something it selects everything on my desktop and opens it all at once So i Solved: Acer aspire 4520 Sticky key and cant change BIOS boot order.. Need Help.. thought it might be a bad OS so i decide to preform a reinstall of windows vista but when i go to the BIOS it wont let me change the boot order when i press the keys to chang the order it just makes a beep so i went back and did more research and found that some other people are having the same problem and they told me to do i BIOS flash but that did nothing this is the website http geeklord com solution-to-keyboard-lag-problem-in-acer-aspire- -laptop i am out of ideas what do you guys think nbsp

A:Solved: Acer aspire 4520 Sticky key and cant change BIOS boot order.. Need Help..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-4520-sticky-key-and-cant-change-bios-boot-order-need-help.876526/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi dear I got an Deleted language change can't BIOS, pack Acer Aspire boot - pri order 5552G: old computer that I used for perhaps Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order one year ago and what I did to destroy it was to delete the language pack somehow Now Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order I would like to try to fix it as I actually need it But I do have some issues maybe someone of you guys know I can start it up all the way to where I choose between safe mode and so on - then I get the blue screen that lasts the whole seconds amazingly enough I have Windows Installation that s all I have When I start up my PC also says two fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot Had this been as simple as the system claims I would have been fixing it myself asap The problem is that when I put the CD restart the pc is also nothing happens So I ve searched up a bit where you can do so in a way pc starts via cd so I can install windows The problem is when I enter the BIOS I can choose between quot Information Main Security Boot and Exit quot When I go to BOOT it says quot Boot priority order quot and that s the list IDE WD IDE PIONNER DVD-RW USB FDD Network Boot LEGACY PCI DEVICE USB HDD USB CD DVD ROM I can not do anything here no matter what I press It s sort of gray text what I can do about is completely black So it turns out that they are locked What should I do Have also tried ALT F the Acer eRecovery Management When trying to complete recovery where it says quot Please complete operating system setup process before doing system recovery can not start up quot So all this recovery stuff on Acer PCs are the totally meaningless Anybody have any idea how to fix this giant problem is not going to send it to repair - does not guarantee it Would have been cool to getting this fixed Do not have as much bearing on the PC so if you first help me - please do not use advanced computer geeky words you get my point I think nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552g-deleted-language-pack-bios-cant-change-boot-pri-order.1127456/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm I not right in saying that when performing a clean install you should make sure the drivers for any device in the Device Manager is downloaded before going through the normal procedure which is Chipset,Video,Audio,modem Network, and Programs etc? This is for Windows Vista Home Premium.
Or would you follow the order I stated and then include any other drivers that may not be installed and also update?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-correct-order-218883.html
Relevancy 63.21%

i tried using the 1.0.12arm_debug.appx as the app
source code.zip as first dependant
source code(tar.gz) as second dependant but is keeps failing. what am i doing wrong?

A:What is the correct order for installing v1.0.12 of pog-uwp

Hi, the only advice I can give is to follow the post below. How to install PoGo-UWP beta for Pok?mon Go on your Windows 10 Mobile phone | Windows Central
If you have any issues following it or questions, please join the Windows Central forums so that you can reply to this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434067-what-correct-order-installing-v1-0-12-pog-uwp.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have 3 hdd. All of them are sata and i can see the corect order showed in BIOS:
Disk 0 - WD 500GB
Disk 1 - WD 1TB
Disk 2 - Samsung 1TB

Right from the instalation part windows does not see the corect order.
Disk 0 - WD 1TB
Disk 1 - WD 500GB
Disk 2 - Samsung 1 TB

Any ideea why?

A:Windows does not see correct hdd order.

Windows sees the order based on the Boot Order in BIOS.
BIOS sees the order based on the SATA port they are hooked up to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/168885-windows-does-not-see-correct-hdd-order.html
Relevancy 63.21%

sir i had purchased the hp pavilion 15au111tx from the hp retailer and also i had registered for the hp diwali offer. In that offer i mentioned that i want hp bluetooth speaker and headset but in my order claim status showing me that i had ordered shoppers stop gift voucher. so can you please help me to change the order claim as  hp bluetooth speaker and headset

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/To-correct-my-order-description/td-p/5848855
Relevancy 62.35%

I've finally found a program that allows me to sync (and do all sorts of things) my iPod with Windows Media Player - which is good, as I don't care much for iTunes, however the one thing that iTunes has, that WMP 11 doesn't, is that it plays multiple cd's in the correct order.

Let's say I have an album with two cd's ...for simplicity, it has 2 songs on each cd. iTunes plays it, 1, 2, 1, 2 - while WMP stupidly plays it 1, 1, 2, 2.

Is there any add-on that can fix this (preferably free)?

Thanks in advance

A:Getting multiple cd's to play in correct order

Making a playlist in WMP would do it. You make a new playlist and you can drag the tracks back and forth to determine order.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/269841-getting-multiple-cds-play-correct-order.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hello everyone,

i have a sandisk mp3 player (256 mb) and the only problem i have with it is when i sync songs, they do not appear in the order that i have synced them. this is most evident when i am syncing musicals. the songs do not follow their order in the playlist (i use wmp to sync). i checked the file names and they seem to be arranged correctly. the shuffle function is turned off too. any insights? it is quite a bother. thanks!

edward

A:mp3 player song list not in correct order

Are they numbered 01, 02 etc. Some players will play 1, 10, 11, 2, 3 etc so it best to have a zero infront of any single digits.

Also the player may be taking its cue from the tags instead of the filename, so make sure that the files are tagged correctly. I've never used it but I've heard that mp3 tagger

http://ostermiller.org/mp3tagger/

is ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-player-song-list-not-in-correct-order.410806/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have Easy cd Creator Platinum and have just begun using the DataCd project mode to burn mp files to a CDr Well the burning went fine as did the finalization When I play the Order? MP3 CD Burning Easy Creator Correct CDr in the computer it plays in correct order However when I played it in both my MP adaptable DVD player and my mp etc portable cd player it recognizes the th thing I put in as cut one the th thing in as cut two and so on Both players are consistent in recognizing mp as cut one etc I entered the selections correctly when creating the project list and when I open up the cd the files appear to be in the proper order What have I done wrong and what should I do next time to make it right Or is this just a glitch How do I burn and get players to recognize the correct order Oh yeah the playlist seems to be correct too Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/easy-cd-creator-mp3-burning-correct-order.290386/
Relevancy 61.06%

I looked through installation guides for the recommended installation order for correct Install clean the in Installing after order drivers drivers after a clean Windows installation from Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install Windows disc I also spoke to Tech Support but keep getting conflicting advice so I thought I would try posting here The question I have is regarding the Intel Chipset drivers I know that they must be installed first before any other drivers The confusion I have is regarding the Intel AMT HECI drivers Intel Management Engine Interface which are also listed as Chipset drivers Previous Support Technicians have always said that the Intel AMT HECI drivers installation order is not important so can be installed anytime They always say Intel Chipset software must be done first though On Dells site there is a driver order installation guide which shows HECI drivers way down on the installation order too The other day I was speaking to a guy over the phone on tech support who told me that you should install the Intel Chipset software then the HECI drivers next The reason I ask is I did a clean Windows installation only last week I installed the Intel Chipset software first and I have installed other drivers including Graphics and Wireless Network drivers My HECI drivers were installed later Will this cause me problems or will it be OK Any advice would be appreciated Thanks very much in advance

A:Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install

There is no order for installing drivers, unless specified, for instance, when you're downloading a driver, you might find a notification that says, "pls install driver xxxxxx before this one".
The reason that it is common to install the main chipset first, is so as to get proper access to peripherals like USB ports, wifi cards, etc, but it truly makes no difference which order you do them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550002/installing-drivers-in-the-correct-order-after-clean-install/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Guys I ve been working on creating a binary tree that s going to work kind of like the game questions except there will probably be a lot more than questions after a while Basically I ve managed to get my classes together so that I think it will work apart from one bit The way the program works is Strings Correct in Order Saving of Tree Binary it will ask the user a question current node if the user answers yes it will move on and ask if it is xyz currentnode right but if the user answers no then it will go left which will ask another question if there s one stored in that node if not and the node null then it will ask the user to say what they were thinking of Then enter a question they would answer yes or no to for that item This question and answer then get added to the binary tree in appropriate positions Essentially the tree grows each time it s Saving Binary Tree of Strings in Correct Order played The problem is when the user exits and re-enters all the new questions and answers it gained will be lost So I have to persist the node to the disk This is where I m Saving Binary Tree of Strings in Correct Order having trouble I can save the binary tree easily enough in order when it s populated by ints but since it s populated by Strings I can t save it and repopulate it in the normal way Has anyone any ideas how I can save and then repopulate the string values in the nodes so that they go back into Saving Binary Tree of Strings in Correct Order their correct positions when the programs loaded again Any help would be much much appreciated thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saving-binary-tree-of-strings-in-correct-order.1029130/
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows Pro Biostar TZ XE I have been able to quot successfully quot boot the CD Drive into UEFI mode to install Windows onto my new TB SSHD but I run into the error were it stats that the partitions are not in 10 correct in on Windows order? GPT disk, partitions not Installing the recommended order when the ONLY partitions on the disk are the primary and the quot protective MBR Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order? quot before it at slot Now when I am in windows for the first time everything seems fine but as soon as I restart after doing basic setup I run into an issue where I cannot browse any partitions I try to open quot This PC quot but it acts like it Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order? is indexing indefinitely and I never see the drive listing It looks like Windows may not be appropriately setting the order for the partitions I included a screenshot of the setup below Is this incorrect How would I be able to correct the issue At the moment I left my original installation on my TB HHD intact so that I can still have an operating PC and find out some info on this I literally never heard of GPT or at least remember it before a couple days ago

A:Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order?

Are you trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 or an upgrade? If a clean install, then boot from the Windows 10 USB or DVD and select the Custom install option. Delete all the partitions on the drive, then select the unallocated space to install to.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39918-installing-windows-10-gpt-disk-partitions-not-correct-order.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Guys,

I recently tried to install Linux Ubuntu but it didin't work well. So I deleted all the partitions and made a clean windows 7 install. Everything works just fine. Before the windows installation there was a weird bootloader starts at first. Here's the picture. After I installed windows I looked at my bios settings and in the boot menu I still had Ubuntu. I used recovery cd and did a console command which is "bootsect /nt60 all". But it is still there. How can I delete this without doing any formatting, reinstalling.

A:My Bios Boot Order Menu Has An Item Called "Ubuntu"

Hello ExpDisease,

are you sure the screenshot is from your BIOS? It looks to me like a bootloader left over from Ubuntu that's running before Windows 7's own bootloader.

You might try the bootsect /nt60 all /mbr command (with the added /mbr option) to actually rewrite the MBR as well, but I'm not sure that'll really do the job.

Just to get a better picture of things, could you also take a snapshot of your (maximized) Disk Management window and post it here?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/199055-my-bios-boot-order-menu-has-item-called-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I need you suggestion how to install driver in the correct order for Dell Inspiron 3421 for Windows 7 64 bit. I downloaded all drivers for this OS as follows;
1. O14A13
2. Chipset_Driver_DN16M_WN_1.0.6.245_A03
3. Chipset_Driver_T98JJ_WN_9.3.0.1021_A01
4. Audio_Driver_W697W_WN_6.0.1.6782_A02
5. Network_Driver_H2T45_WN_WIN7-7.061.061_A01
6. Network_Driver_NDCK6_WN_10.0.0.227_A01
7. SD-Card_Driver_CWY8H_WN_6.2.8400.39034_A02
8. AHCI_INTEL_WIN7_X00_A00_Setup-100F1_ZPE
9. iMEI_Intel_W7_X00_A00_Setup-V26WM_ZPE
10. Input_Driver_JXTK2_WN_17.0.14_A07
11. Serial-ATA_Driver_5JY9Y_WN_12.8.0.1016_A02
12. Video_Driver_W8CTK_WN_9.17.10.2867_A02
13. Network_Driver_6J4VN_WN_WIFI6.20.55.51_A02
14. Application_YGHP9_WN_11.1.007_A02
15. TBM_Intel_WIN_X01_A00_Setup-43M1V_ZPE
Please advise
1. if there are more drivers to be download for this model
2. the correct order to install the above drivers
Thank you in advance for your suggestion

A:how to install driver in the correct order for Dell Inspiron 3421 for Windows 7 64 bit

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us !
We would suggest you to go on to the Dell website and you will be able to search either by system model or service tag which will get you all the drivers and applications that you would require for your system.
Also you can download the Dell system detect from the dell website which would also help you do the same .
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19988934
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.75%

hi my system is an athlon(tm)xp 1500+
I decided to increase my ram from 2x 256 cards(DDR PC2700) to 1x 1gb I scanned my system to find what motherboard I was using MS-6777 (K7N2GM-L) and purchased a DDR PC3200. with the new card fitted the computer won`t start, the supplier said it would be by BIOS it would need to be updated. I went to the web page of the supplier www.msi.com and there lies the problem I`m unsure what to put in if I get it wrong goodbye computer.
I would appreciate it if anyone can give me the correct BIOS.
regards Toshwal.

Relevancy 53.75%

i have just built my own rig about a week ago and i need help getting the correct bios settings for my system i would appreciate any help thanks ahead of time i will list my specs now
amd phenom 2 x6 balck edition 1090t 3.2ghz stock cooler that came with the cpu
gigabyte 880gm-d2h mobo
corsair xms3 4gb mem
seagate barracuda 1tb lp serial ata 5900 32mb
nvivda geforce 210 1024 mb ddr3
ultra lsp550wat power supply
sony optarc 24 x dvdrw
nzxt gaming case m59
via 6421 raid controller pci card
os win 7 ultimate 32 bit
is the 32 bit version the best fro my system or should i be running 64 bit

i would like to get the best performance out of my system maybe overclock if possible any thoughts or suggestions thnaks to any one that is willing to help me

A:need help getting the correct bios for my rig

bios toward bottom of page...

http://www2010.gigabyte.com/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3515

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-getting-the-correct-bios-for-my-rig.982739/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Correct &Hot BIOS CPU Settings all the more I go through these forums the more I realize I need help I am not sure that I have the bios set to work correctly along with getting the Correct BIOS Settings &Hot CPU best results I have a Abit Kt A raid not setup AMD Ath Processor MB Ram gForce Ti MB Vid Mbs Hdd Win K pro SB Live now the current prob after seeing another member had a prob w a cooling issue I went to my sys amp sure enough my cpu Correct BIOS Settings &Hot CPU is currently running c amp f I shut down amp rebooted amp went to the bios amp attempted to cgange some of the settings then I enabled the shutdown for the CPU warning amp rebooted the system goes into a loop in other words it will not completly load just restarts so I disabled the cpu shut off and here I am also I do not overclock not that I am against it I just haven t tried it yet I am researching though Thanks in advance Sketchman as always nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

The Bios update for my probook 455 G3 notebook says it is for the N80 Bios family buy my current Bios is N79. Can I update with the N80 family Bios? I have windows 10 64 bit

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Looking-for-correct-Bios-update/td-p/5748016
Relevancy 52.89%

I think I have been hacked by a hacker, I've Googled these "netbios-ns, netbios -dgm" and for no appearant reason I have connection to "localhost" which should be me, right?

I also have 127.0.0.0, 224.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0. as my netmask and network destination when I type netstat -r. How can I curb and revive my internet connection rightfully to me and lose this hacker?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/1/2006, 18:58:36
Machine name: *********
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 8300
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 584MB used, 664MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

A:How to correct a BIOS hack?

lexmarkx75 said:

I also have 127.0.0.0, 224.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0. as my netmask and network destination when I type netstat -r. Click to expand...

so do I. What is the problem. My internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-correct-a-bios-hack.439129/
Relevancy 52.89%

im using windows 2000 pro on a dell latitude cp laptop i think i tried everything when i restart it and hit f1 or f2 it just starts loading window it just bypasses by everyuthing and starts windows any help is appreciated

A:cant get into my bios to change order

Hi try Dell Latitude Fn+F1 (while booted)
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-into-my-bios-to-change-order.676060/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've just installed an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe system, and having some issues. I have four SATA drives and a SATA DVD drive attached.

My boot drive is installed in SATA1.

For some reason, it sticks SATA1 as the last item in the HD order listing, so that when I boot, I get a failure message. Go into BIOS, stick SATA1 as the first HD, save and reboot, and all is well... until the next reboot.

Why is the BIOS not retaining the HD order?

Thanks for any help!

jmc

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all

I have a ThinkPad T61 with XP Pro. I recently put in another 2 GB stick of RAM bringing it from 3 GB to 4 GB. When I go into BIOS it reads all 4 gigs, however, when I go to Control Panel -> System it says I only have 3 GB of RAM.

What gives???

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

On my P5E MB there are two places where the Vcore voltages are displayed in the BIOS.

One is in the O/C tweaking section where you actually input the voltage during over clocking and the second is in the Power section of the BIOS but this is just a display and you cannot change anything here.

Now to my question. There are two different values displayed. Which one is the correct Core voltage, the one in the Tweak section or the one in the Power section? Right now I have 1.62150 Volts in the Tweak section but only 1.552 in the Power section. If the Power section is the true value then I have a lot more room to play.

Thanks
Robert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-correct-vcore-readins-in-p5e-bios.674260/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having severe overheating issues on my Pavilion dv4-260 and have read that updating the bios might help. I have version F0.b but some sources have indicated another version.  The HP website says nothing when I check for updates.  Can anyone tell me what the current bios should be?

A:correct bios for Pavilion dv4-2160us

Latest version posted for your model is F.0F -under Windows 7 driver list. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv4-2100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie... I doubt that a BIOS update would solve overheating issues. An older desktop here suffers from overheating in Windows 10 and I believe it is due to no AMD graphics driver for Win 10. The graphics card is older & no support for Win 10 from AMD. Using the basic Microsoft driver. Probably will be rolling this machine back to Windows 7.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/correct-bios-for-Pavilion-dv4-2160us/td-p/5617825
Relevancy 52.46%

An eSATA bracket came with my GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte motherboard. It has a molex to SATA power, 2 eSATA ports and an eSATA to normal SATA cable so I can run internal hard drives externally. It is really nice.

My board has 2 (two) SATA controllers. The ICH10-R controls 6 ports and a Gigabyte (or JMicron chip) controller if for 2 others. I have tried this bracket connected to the Gigabyte controller in AHCI and it works fine. I also tried it in IDE mode and it works a little different. In both cases I have "safely remove hardware" option.

I have not used eSATA much until now. What is correct setting in the BIOS for eSATA? What if I only had one SATA controller like a lot of boards? What would you have the BIOS set to in that case? (IDE or AHCI)

Thanks

A:What is the correct setting in BIOS for eSATA?

I'm using sata as IDE, and having no problems - i asked seagate about enabling AHCI and there reply was it is unnecessary, as its built into the sata hard drives now, and not necessary. I also have the intel ich9 sata controller plus the j-micron, so I turn the j-micron off in the bios and use just use the intel controller.
Just added a couple of hours later:
I have one external esata hard drive -160gb seagate hard drive - forgot to mention although I implied, as such, but personally i like to see things myself before believing. Two internal a 250gb and 500gb seagate

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/23898-what-correct-setting-bios-esata.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Im currently running on P02.A2 bios trying to upgrade to P03.A3 for USB 3.0 support DX4860-UB33P. Every time I try to Upgrade the bios itt says rom size is not same as current bios and exits program... The cureent size of my bios 2097 kb the rom file from gateway support is 2.5 MB idk what to do cant find correct file anywhere

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:dx4860-ub33p need correct p03.a3 bios rom says its...

mp3master69,

The reason there are other BIOS versions offered is for newer models of that series that required different BIOS versions. What you are currently using is the latest and most current BIOS we have for your unit.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/dx4860-ub33p-need-correct-p03-a3-bios-rom-says-its-not-the-right/td-p/352614
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay so just to let people know i m not a computer idiot this is kind of a multiple os comment and at the same time a no os comment I am writing this post on my laptop it s my desktop i m having trouble with it runs red hat before it started i put my windows disc in i change os s a correct, bios...:( on, no monitor Computer is lot i missed the timing for the boot from disk so i restarted then the computer never came back it s Computer is on, monitor correct, no bios...:( on it starts the fans whir the hard drive spools up for less time than usual the monitor is in correctly it even works self-diagnostic however with or without the cd i can t get the opening screen Computer is on, monitor correct, no bios...:( all those white letters with quot press F to change system settings quot to come back well i don t know what to do i would install a new bios but i don t know where to get one nor do i know how i would be able to do that without the computer really recognizing anything there are no beeps i know some beep codes and the cd-rom drive reads the disc but them resumes inactivity Help me please what should i do to get my computer back to running at least linux nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

A while back I bought a MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard Fine Works suits my needs The only problem was that my keyboard and Logitech USB mx cordless mouse were not recognized when I used an Acronis rescue disk I updated the bios on the board badly needed F to F and all was well USB & With Correct BIOS Even Settings Keyboard To get into the bios I had to plug in an old PS keyboard even though all the appropriate USB settings were set to allow the USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings keyboard to work in 'DOS' mode So the bios is updated my Acronis issues are resolved but wierdly enough I was able to get in the bios yesterday with the USB keyboard but not today All the appropriate settings are still enabled i e USB Controller Enabled USB Controller Enabled USB Keyboard Support Enabled USB Mouse Support Enabled There is no USB Legacy Support setting but according to Gigabyte the Keyboard amp Mouse Support settings cover that and then there's the fact that the keyboard works in Acronis Rescue mode I have changed some of the settings but none that should prevent the keyboard from being recognized in 'DOS' I think Any ideas It's be nice not to have to USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings plug in a PS board everytime I wanted to get into the bios Sorry if formatting is off copied and pasted from a usenet post that wouldn't show up Thanks for any ideas James Relevant System Specs Win U bit RTM GA-EP -UD R bios F GB Gskill Sata Drives MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard

A:USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings

That "USB keyboard support" is the setting you need to have enabled. If it is....you may try a new port. If that does not work you may try the latest bios. If you have the latest bios, you may try using the front panel USB or changing ports for the front panel and the keyboard in different combinations.

I just got a new P55 board and had the same issue but a flash cured it.

I would try a different port or mobo header if you have not done it already.

Good luck!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25593-usb-keyboard-bios-even-correct-settings.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I've got a Gigabyte P35 DS3R with 4 gigs of Crucial Ballistix PC 8500 DDR2 1066 ram. The mobo loaded up nicely when I installed it. The ram I had at the time Crucial PC5300 DDR2 533 worked well. Since then I bought the PC 8500 DDR2 1066. When I go into the bios to overclock the BIOS shows the ram as 800. I cannot find a way to correct it in the bios, which is Award. I've clocked to 800 and everything is running nicely, but I'm not sure why the ram shows as DDR2 800 and not 1066. Can anyone help?

A:BIOS Doesn't Show Correct RAM

Make sure that your motherboard supports 4GB of memory!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-doesnt-show-correct-ram.652741/
Relevancy 52.46%

Im trying to install an amd 2400xp to a asus A7n8x Deluxe (2.0 rev.). When i boot up, it only recognzes xp 1800 and i get the message to adjust correct cpu speed in bios. I go to bios and there is not a cpu speed menu. I have done this before on my asus a7v333 when I updated from 1900xp to 2400 xp and the speed menu appeared so i can select 2.0 Ghz speed. But on this freshly mobo and all components pc, i dont get the cpu speed menu. I have also left intact the cpu fsb jumper.(its set to default 266/333/400). Any help will be apreaciated

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
How to know the correct version of bios to get updated and how to do in running windows?
Will the bios update create some new menu in my bios? if not, what is the use of bios update?
Why driver update program like drivermax does not find updates for bios?
Can i add any item in Boot priority menu and make it workable thro registry tricks

A:how to know the correct version of bios for update

My rules of the thumb when it comes to bios updates (flash)

1. Always use the motherboard manual instruction to do a bios flash.

2. Only do a bios flash if the problem you are having is listed in the bios information as a repair for the problem you are having.

3. Never do a bios flash just because their is a new one. If your not having a problem leave the bios alone.

Example: Here is my bios on the system I'm typing from now.

BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version 0502
Date 11/16/2010

I'm not having any problems so I leave the 2010 bios alone.
If I do get a problem 99.9% of the time it's not caused by the bios version.

As far as I know you can't flash the bios from within Windows 7.
Your bios is installed on/in the motherboard not in Window 7 registry.

On some motherboards if a bios flash goes a muck your motherboard will become unusable. Possibly the motherboard manufacture will repair it.

Driver update programs like drivermax will most likely do nothing but cause problem. Install a bunch of PUP's and be very difficult to remove completely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389087-how-know-correct-version-bios-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Im currently running on P02.A2 bios trying to upgrade to P03.A3 for USB 3.0 support DX4860-UB33P. Every time I try to Upgrade the bios itt says rom size is not same as current bios and exits program... The cureent size of my bios 2097 kb the rom file from gateway support is 2.5 MB idk what to do cant find correct file anywhere

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:dx4860-ub33p need correct p03.a3 bios rom says its...

mp3master69,

The reason there are other BIOS versions offered is for newer models of that series that required different BIOS versions. What you are currently using is the latest and most current BIOS we have for your unit.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/dx4860-ub33p-need-correct-p03-a3-bios-rom-says-its-not-the-right/td-p/352614/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.03%

I have just got a new fast AMD motherboard and the PCI-E graphics card is just not being recognized by the motherboard. The primary device is PEG and it is not detected. The built-in GPU works.

A:Graphics Card Not Working when BIOS correct

May seem like a silly question, but did you connect the power to the card, and make sure it was seated correctly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/66242-graphics-card-not-working-when-bios-correct.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So my computer has been screwed up for quite some time now and I thought I might remedy the situation by doing a repair install of keyboard issue bios correct to Trying to flash windows XP I managed to get my hands on a slipstreamed SP CD today and let windows do its thing However when the time came to Trying to flash bios to correct keyboard issue enter in my XP key I could not use my keyboard which is the same problem i had before i repaired windows Back when I first had this problem I Trying to flash bios to correct keyboard issue read online that I might need to flash the bios to correct it The fact that I still have the problem after repairing windows seems to point to this as well I ve been trying to flash the bios A V deluxe mobo with afudos and i get the message quot ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID quot I ve used both the newest and oldest ROMs available from asus to no avail I can t use the asus auto updater because my windows install still needs the XP key to finish My computer is basically stuck until I can resolve this keyboard issue nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello friends again Please Dell and driver's bios xpsl702x order heeeeelp before they Dell xpsl702x bios and driver's order drive me to psychiatric asylum to bedlam to Is now days maybe I'm planning to clean install W and every day new questions in points arising So please if you know answer me Dell xpsl702x bios and driver's order to the below We speak for Dell xpsl x ' a Someone advice me in the subject of updating bios from A to A to pass from all the quot between quot versions A to A A to A A to A A to A Why this Is there an explanation I thought if you flash bios is like deleting the old one and installing the new What I'm missing b Flashing bios what about languages must be the same like Os could be different Is a matter what language was the older version and last for now Someone maybe know the correct order of installing the below a HuronRiverHM ChipserDrR exe b IntelRapidStorR exe c Intel ManagEnginInterfacR exe d USB Renesas W A Setup- X W ZPE exe e CardReader JMicron W A TKH F ZPE exe f TurbobustR exe They are all about chipset - motherboard all from Intel out d and e so according to the quot rule quot must be the first drivers after Os but which order When I read the quot read me quot file from b if I understood well was written that the Intel software utility I suppose chipset must be installed first prior Os that means from com prompt to much confuson for my small mind Maybe someone knows how quot things quot must be Thank you really very much

A:Dell xpsl702x bios and driver's order

Someone else will have to advise you on the BIOS. Most of them only require flashing the latest, but we have Dell experts here who will know for sure.

I can advise you on getting a perfect Dell Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. Just read and follow closely the steps in the tutorial, especially about how drivers are handled in Win7 which is different than previously. Wait to see which drivers are missing after all rounds of Important and Optional Windows Updates are completed.

There are also Special Notes for Dell Owners at the end of tutorial to help you decide whether to keep the OEM Tools partition if it will indeed boot to run Dell Diagnostics Utility - How to Run the

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/281443-dell-xpsl702x-bios-drivers-order.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey folks,

I have an ASUS K55A laptop computer and I bought this particular laptop as a birthday gift earlier this year. This laptop is pre-loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium edition (64-bit version) and it is powered by an Intel Core i7 Quad-Core processor at 2.30Ghz. It has 8GB of RAM (DDR3 type RAM) on my system.

Using CPU-Z in my Windows 7 system, I determine that my BIOS update is loaded with this version: K55A.204 (BIOS date 03/13/2012). That BIOS is provided by American Megatrends Inc.

I couldn't remember which particular key that I have to press in order to access the ASUS BIOS during the POST (Power-on-self-test) process.

Anyways, what are your suggestions to this situation? Is it really necessary to update the BIOS for my ASUS K55A laptop?

A:[SOLVED] Is a BIOS update necessary in order to run Windows 8?

In order to fully support Windows 8 I suggest you update the BIOS.

Asus has an EZ Flash feature which allows you to update the BIOS from the BIOS...

Guide : ASUS EZ Flash bios update - YouTube

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-is-a-bios-update-necessary-in-order-to-run-windows-8-a-679255.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I was set boot priority to CD-ROM->LAN->HDD->FDD.
But, I ended up in Intel Boot Agent. I was told to check the cable .What does it mean?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90201-How-to-set-BIOS-in-order-to-install-Windows-XP-using-CD-DVD-drive
Relevancy 51.17%

PLEASE CAN YOU SUPPLY CORRECT BIOS BEEP CODES FOR P6 2260EA

A:PLEASE CAN YOU SUPPLY CORRECT BIOS BEEP CODES FOR P6 2260EA

Which BIOS does your desktop PC have?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/PLEASE-CAN-YOU-SUPPLY-CORRECT-BIOS-BEEP-CODES-FOR-P6-2260EA/td-p/5783560
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All,
I have installed 5520 BIOS on Inspiron 15R 5521 machine by mistake.  However, Its works but few functionality are disabled.  Please let me know how to correct this issue

A:5520 BIOS installed on 15R-5521 machine. How to correct it ?

Hi Kartkart, 
Please use the link below to update the A14 version BIOS for Dell Inspiron 5521.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/inbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=9TV83
During the process of upgrading to the correct BIOS if any issue arises on the system. You will have to replace the system board on the computer by contacting the expired warranty repairs team of your region for charged repairs as Dell would not be responsible for the issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992856
Relevancy 51.17%

System had WIndows upgraded to Win and then wiped and reloaded with a fresh Win install To try and fix the plugged in and not charging issue I installed the F Rev A firmware dated July nbsp nbsp System an work restore to BIOS the doesn't How upgrade when correct won't boot to WIndows says no OS installed nbsp When I switch to legacy mode I can boot slowly and run Windows nbsp I tried How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work all the previous versions on the website but they all say they aren't compatible nbsp The ALT-B fix doesn't work to roll back the firmware nbsp I even did a full system restore of an Acronis True Image backup from pre- upgrade and it doesn't make a difference nbsp System didn't have the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI nbsp so I installed the version from the website but it can't find a version to roll back to and none of the versions on support seem compatible nbsp Can someone tell me where to get to correct firmware to load to fix this problem

A:How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work

System info is: Product# E3508UA#ABLModel: 15-j078caRev: 1963-100

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-restore-the-correct-BIOS-when-an-upgrade-doesn-t-work/td-p/5847769
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi For several years I have a Vostro It has always been reliable However in recent months I have if 430 only connected USB device correct Vostro NO (any is and USB starts BIOS) a Vostro 430 starts only if NO USB is connected (any USB device and correct BIOS) problem Vostro 430 starts only if NO USB is connected (any USB device and correct BIOS) at startup just worse I specify now I ve done every test that came to mind and I found on the forums So for some time I had to unplug all USB on my frontage so that the PC starts Those behind were still connected It was never start the first time but after three or four presses of the button Failure to find a solution I accepted the situation But this time I must remove all usb without exception Even the mouse receiver completely prevented from starting However if there is anything it starts from the first press of the button For now I brought all my connectors on a usb hub that I disconnected before starting Some details on the non-starting Press button gives no sign of life No noise nothing on the screen etc So as if the push boutton was broken but this is not the case But if I plug my usb hub and pushes the button the LEDs s on the hub illuminate and stay on LEDs are off initially if I disconnected and reconnected power What it is not The bios The boot is only on a DD Nothing points to the USB A defective device The problem occurs as soon as there is one any peripheral that is plugged into any USB input I do not remember having updated the bios At least not recently I make a hypothesis can be absurd but I did not see anything on the internet about this As the problem worsens with time I wonder if this might not be the CR battery that should change this is the original one Maybe one usb drops the voltage needed by the EEPROM to launch startup The battery would be solicited for a few milliseconds before the power supply takes over Finally I make the long test Dell Passed all except a secondary hard drive it will take me one day change I have nothing on it so nothing urgent I also bought a new battery I expect in a few days Thank you for your help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989719
Relevancy 51.17%

I want to upgrade my bios for my H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX motherboard but the bios listed on the download page are: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-p6800-Desktop-PC-series/5080733/model/51...  H-RS880-UATX MotherboardAndN-Alvorix-RS880 MotherboardBut my board says on it that its a.H-Alvorix-rs880-uatx. Which one am I supposed to pick?

A:What is the correct bios download for a H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX...

Hi, The specifications for the HP p6802 indicate that this model has the N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix) motherboard. HP did recall and replace the Alvorix mother in some PCs so it's very possible that the posted documentation doesn't reflect those actions. Post the motherboard part number. Do a Google on the "part number".

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/What-is-the-correct-bios-download-for-a-H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX/td-p/5154361
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow.

Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings.

Yes, it is set up to sync with time.nist.gov

The really puzzling thing is that the bios/uefi clock is correct and stays correct. So in my limited knowledge it seems the problem must be with windows.

Any ideas how to fix this?

A:Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

Boot to Safe Mode and see if it still happens. If not then something is starting at boot and continuing to run that is causing the problem. Use Clean Boot to isolate the cause of the problem.

How to Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Boot in Windows 8 and 8.1

Also

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37114-clock-constantly-loses-time-correct-bios.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, wondering if anyone can help with this issue. I am looking to install xp so I wrote the .iso onto a bootable USB and changed the boot order in the bios to boot from USB first. Then after it rebooted, the screen stays black with no bios screen etc. Not sure why it doesn't come up, any suggestions? Thanks

This is an acer aspire one netbook running ubuntu 10.04. 120gb hdd and 1gb Ram. Have absolutely no problems in past with it and it's about a year and a half old.

Extra info :-: when trying to hit the caps lock in the blank screen, the light does jot come up and the keyboard seems to be unresponsive. I am letting it cool down as it was on all day whilst o was researching the xp installation so will attempt to turn it on again soon but fear it may be to the boot order change.

A:Solved: Blank screen on startup after changing boot order to boot from USB.

Any POST messages?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-screen-on-startup-after-changing-boot-order-to-boot-from-usb.953661/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there Recently got a HP Pavilion g sa which came with Windows spit and this disgusting UEFI BIOS replacement double spit Anyway I need to dual boot Ubuntu on my system so I installed Ubuntu Normally on a non UEFI system a Grub bootloader installed by Linux would take Boot 8 Order and Dual Ubuntu on Boot Changing Windows over the startup process and allow you to choose between Changing Boot Order on Dual Boot Windows 8 and Ubuntu either Windows or Ubuntu on startup nbsp However on this computer startup is just booting straight to Windows despite the fact that Ubuntu and Grub IS installed Now upon startup if I press F then I get to change the boot-device on a one-time basis I can either select OS Boot Manager which loads Windows or Ubuntu which loads the Grub bootloader which allows me to select Windows or Ubuntu However when I press F to enter the Bios Setup with the intention of changing the boot order permanently the Ubuntu option isn't there Instead it has OS Manager USB Disk CD Rom USB CD Rom and Network Card Thanks HP for the crappily designed BIOS Anyway can anyone PLEASE provide me a way of changing the boot order so that GRUB is loaded first and NOT this crap Windows rubbish that I would happily bin if I didn't need it for work nbsp

A:Changing Boot Order on Dual Boot Windows 8 and Ubuntu

Looks like HP forums are just as useful as HP customer service and HP computers - i.e., not very useful at all.Problem solved though. Took the piece of crap back for a full refund and won't be buying HP again.Happy days.Bye.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Changing-Boot-Order-on-Dual-Boot-Windows-8-and-Ubuntu/td-p/2503733
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a HP ze cl laptop Windows XP SP For a few years we ve had trouble with the power connector We order, drive just boot Laptop boot, won't can't change clicks cd ve just wiggled the power cable to keep it connected and lived with the problem It also gets very hot and the fan runs constantly Yesterday when I powered it on there was no power absolutely nothing My husband has some electronic knowledge so we took the laptop apart and he soldered the loose part of the power Laptop won't boot, can't change boot order, cd drive just clicks connector While he was doing that I cleaned the fan couldn t believe how much dust was in there When we plugged in the power cable the orange light came on so we were excited When we powered it on all the keyboard lights lit up so we thought we had fixed the problem but that s all it did It went no further except that the fan kicked on There is Laptop won't boot, can't change boot order, cd drive just clicks a clicking noise coming from the cd drive about every second with the green light flashing I suppose it is checking to see if there is a bootable cd in the cd drive I have attempted to change the boot order by holding F then F but it still continues to try to read the cd drive I can t get to the screen that will allow me to change the boot order I also put the OS disk in the cd drive hoping that it would start with the disk but it just clicks Hubby removed the cover of the cd drive and I could see that the cd is spinning There were no problems with this laptop prior to the power problem It was really working very well especially considering the age of it The information in my sig is not for the computer with the problem It s actually for an old computer which my son now has at college Any suggestions Please nbsp

A:Laptop won't boot, can't change boot order, cd drive just clicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-boot-cant-change-boot-order-cd-drive-just-clicks.648044/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I have some encounted an error UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME and I need to reinstall my Win XP I only have Win XP Cd But my computer doesnt order, to be seem doesnt BIOS CDROW detected.... Change seem to detect the cd that is in CD-ROW I have tried to change the BIOS order This is what I Change BIOS order, CDROW doesnt seem to be detected.... did to change it P S I am not sure if I am really changing the boot order or not that is why I listed out the steps that I have done - Press quot Del quot to Setup - Go to quot BOOT quot - Then see a list like this Removable Device legacy floppy IDE Hard Drive WDC WD BB- DEA ATAPI CD-ROW ARTEC WRA-WA Other Boot Device INT Device Network - Change ATAPI CD-ROW to the top of the list -Restarted computer Result My computer didn t recongize there is a CD in CD-ROW Please help Thanks P S I dont have the SIX Win XP start up disks and I m not able to get that thing in short peroid of time Thus using CD disk is the only way I have to reinstall Win XP nbsp