Windows Support Forum

Custom file properties appears in folder details

Q: Custom file properties appears in folder details

HI Friends ! I have a long question today .. please help me !

How can make custom file properties from Microsoft Office Excel 2003 appear in windows XP folder details view. Right now there are only predefined: NAME / FILE TYPE / SIZE /DATE MODIFY
I am novice in excel ( I am not programmer ) I linked data from a specific cell from a excel file to the file custom properties: " MATERIAL ", " LINE "," AREA "," PROBLEM DESCRIPTION"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/custom-file-properties-appears-in-folder-details-462775.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Custom file properties appears in folder details

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 79.55%

Using Windows & Home Premium SP1...

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with my outlook pst files (outlook no longer recognizes it as a pst file following a fresh Office 2010 install- I was using 2010 before the reinstall. I recently had to recover the files from another drive).I noticed the file had a 1982 date (something my sync software occasionally does), thinking that might be the problem).... but I could not change the date on the file!

So I have a more basic problem.

I am administrator. As a test, I created a text file, and can easily change the file name. But I cannot edit any of the attributes under Properties /Details. I want to change the modified date.

If I click on Value, nothing happens (greyed out)

I tried the option to remove personal information - it makes the copy, but I still cannot edit the date.

What are my next steps??

A:Cannot edit properties/details of any file

Open Windows Explorer. Navigate to the file you want to edit. Left click once on the file. In the Details Pane at the bottom of the WE window right click to the right of the property you want to edit and that will put the detail in a box where you can edit it.
More importantly sort out why the date is getting changed to an earlier date. Sounds like a duff bios battery to me!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280713-cannot-edit-properties-details-any-file.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I generally use the quot details quot view in Windows File Explorer a lot This is an example As you can see I can sort my file types in various ways by clicking on the different columns at the top However I have a question Is it possible to create a custom column in File Explorer that I 10 (Windows Create Custom Explorer) File Details Column can use to sort files by based upon their file extension I'm not talking about changing the columns that are already there or picking from the huge list Create Custom Details Column (Windows 10 File Explorer) that you get when right click at the top and pick quot More quot What I want to do is create a custom column that I can enter text in for based upon the file extension which I can then use to sort my files into groups such as audio video projects etc This could help me Create Custom Details Column (Windows 10 File Explorer) stay much more organized in File Explorer However you may be wondering why Create Custom Details Column (Windows 10 File Explorer) I don't just use the option to sort my files by quot type quot or quot extension quot The reason that I don't want to do this is because then not all of my files will be in the precise order that I want them to Even though I found a way to modify the quot Type quot text for SOME files as you can probably see in the image I have not been able to for ALL file types such as PNG JPG and JPEG which is a real roadblock This is because FileTypesMan is an old program and Registry Tweaks don't seem to be working even after I restart Windows Explorer Because of this I'm wondering if there's a way to create a custom column that I can enter custom text into which would correspond to a certain file extension so that it's much easier to sort my files in Windows File Explorer Is this possible

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/59004-create-custom-details-column-windows-10-file-explorer.html
Relevancy 68.37%

When I display a folder containing *.mpg video files and I switch to 'Details' view, file explorer crashes after a few moments. I've read online that this might be related to bad codecs on my machine. Is there a way to definitively test this or is there a trusted site where I can download an up-to-date set of comprehensive Codecs (with instructions on how to perform this Codec 'update')?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit and I use the VLC media player as my default program associated with video files.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57916-file-explorer-crashing-folder-displaying-mpg-details.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently upgraded my SpywareBlaster software from to and now I can t access menu options on any file folder on my Windows XP Pro I know that it added or changed or added a registry key but I folder display properties won't File don t know where to go in the File folder properties won't display registry to look for the problem I know that File folder properties won't display the file folder is a class but I don t know the extension If I highlight any file along with a file folder I will get a drop-down menu and can use my choices in the File menu in Windows explorer This problem happened after I installed the software I did not do a spyware check and I realize that some spyware software will think that the registry key is spyware but this is not the case since the problem only occurred after I installed the software I have Norton Systemworks and several registry cleanup repair utilities and I ve tried them all with no success I ve run a system file check and system restore before the software install but with no success I am spyware free and virus free I have tried to do an upgrade on a Windows XP install but no success I know that the next possible solution would be to do a clean install but I would like to try and avoid that if at all possible It s more a matter of incontinence since my OS and other programs work perfectly and the startup shutdown doesn t yield any stop errors nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello Everyone I have just rebuilt my computer and seem be having a few problems What s new huh I ll post my issues separately This particular issue has to do with getting the properties of a folder to come up when in Windows Exploder My Computer and I highlight a folder then do a RMB and select properties nothing happens There are no errors no nothing My first thought was permissions but I am an admin In fact the same thing happens logged in on the administrator account Is anyone familiar Folder File working (XP) not Properties with this Do you know how to fix this If so can you explain to me in detail how to fix the problem As my login suggests I know very little when it comes to figuring File Folder Properties not working (XP) out OS related problems As for what I have installed on my computer XP Pro w SP amp Critical updates up to SP SP is not installed because of another problem Anti-virus Firewall - Norton Internet Security ATI Radeon Graphics Display Driver XP version from ATI web page Logitech iTouch amp MouseWare for Wireless Keyboard and mouse File Folder Properties not working (XP) The computer itself is forgive me if I get some of the terminology wrong Self Built AMD GB Gig Ram Radeon Video Card Couple of hard drives GB amp GB Sony DVD - RW DVD Rom I think that s everything anyone would need to know to see what I m working with Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Jim

A:File Folder Properties not working (XP)

First off, congrats on the rebuild. Some people would not even attempt that.

For the sake of argument, if you have the computer up and running, then all of the hardware is finished. This is one of the biggest obstacles to overcome, so once again-great job!

Now to your specific problems on seeing the properties of a folder. If it can not be done as admin, then have you tried it in Safe Mode? It is likely a setting that needs to be changed, but this is usually associated with additional software that has been installed.

Lets narrow the possibilites of this. Have you installed anything (outside of your XP updates), since your rebuild? Also, has there been a time that it did work, but suddenly it stopped working?

When you right-click any folder, what are some of the other selections that you have available?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12333/file-folder-properties-not-working-xp/
Relevancy 66.65%
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi!

I want to use in my program view properties of file or folder by COM Surrogate calling dllhost.exe

Don't know use, can anybody help me?
I know only path and it's shown in Task Manager:
"C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe"

Thank you very much!

Miro

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/129414-how-show-file-folder-properties-calling-dllhost.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am using window 7 starter. When I click on a folder or a file, suddenly without my request a delete to the recycle bin prompt pops up. The folder or file does not open up at all. I had to use the Window Task Manager to end the task and close all the many delete prompts that came up.

Please help me how to fix this problem.

Awaiting in anticipating.

Joe

A:Delete Folder / File appears when clicking on item

Hi Joe,

That's a strange one! Have you restarted the PC since it started doing this?

Did you make any changes or install anything before this started happening? You could try a "system restore" and roll back a day or two until before it started happening?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/delete-folder-file-appears-when-clicking-on-item.4065041/
Relevancy 65.36%

Spyware Doctor detected Trojan StartPage Gen and made repairs Windows\temp appears startup in folder File dfc5a2b2 on I ran registry mechanic to clean up the system A file dfc a b continues to appear in the Windows temp folder on startup The system will hang occasionally on shutdown with a blank screen and cursor flashing in upper left corner hijack this log follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM File dfc5a2b2 appears in Windows\temp folder on startup FILES NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINJECT EXE c windows SYSTEM KB KB EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCEVTMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCSETMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCPROXY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED SNDSRVC EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C CSAFE AUTOCHK EXE C IBMTOOLS APTEZBTN APTEZBP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PELMICED EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LXSUPMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATIPTAXX EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCPD-LC SYMLCSVC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES SPYWARE DOCTOR SWDOCTOR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C PROGRAM FILES HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www usatoday com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR TOOLS IESDPB DLL O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR TOOLS IESDSG DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run ConfigSafe C CSAFE AUTOCHK EXE O - HKLM Run AEZBProc c ibmtools aptezbtn aptezbp exe O - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon PELMICED EXE O - HKLM Run LexStart Lexstart exe O - HKLM Run LexmarkPrinTray PrinTray exe O - HKLM Run LXSUPMON C WINDOWS SYSTEM LXSUPMON EXE RUN O - HKLM Run AtiPTA Atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run CriticalUpdate c windows SYSTEM wucrtupd exe -startup O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec Core LC C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe start O - HKLM Run URLLSTCK exe c Program Files Norton Internet Security UrlLstCk exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMON EXE Consumer O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices ATIPOLAB ati evxx exe O - HKLM RunServices CSINJE... Read more

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello A friend just showed me a weird problem he is having with his computer He has a folder under My Documents Folder in not Explorer, but File the Windows in appears Open dialog in which he keeps his work files He emails these files using Gmail which he accesses via Internet Explorer All worked fine until a few days ago when he noticed that when he clicked the link in Gmail to attach a file his folder wasn't listed in the Open File dialog He looked in Windows Explorer and could see the folder OK I tried opening Word and using the Open File dialog there and the folder wasn't visible If he clicks in the address bar and adds the folder name to the path it opens the folder but shows it as empty I actually has two subfolders If he adds the name of a subfolder then the Open File dialog shows the files in that folder I checked the permissions on the folder and couldn't see anything odd What I don't understand is how the folder can be visible in Windows Explorer and not in the Open File dialog Anyone any ideas Thanks

A:Folder appears in Windows Explorer, but not in the Open File dialog

Rightclick on the folder where you can actually find it in Explorer, look at the path. That is where it now resides.

If it cannot be found there when browsing in from Computer>C then I'd back up the files in it to a new folder you temporarily create in C root, delete the problem file and recreate it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289027-folder-appears-windows-explorer-but-not-open-file-dialog.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everyone I have used a bunch of tutorials from this thumbnails do custom folder still How get file icon use I but site over How do I use custom folder icon but still get file thumbnails the last few How do I use custom folder icon but still get file thumbnails years and never joined up However I am infuriated at windows not letting me get my own way with custom icons Infuriated enough to sign up All I wanted was a custom folders icon for ALL folders which can be done easy enough but the catch in order to do this properly one must turn off thumbnails organise gt folder options gt view gt always show icons never thumbnails This means you end up with a window with a couple of hundred identical jpeg png whatever icons not very useful when you need a quick overview of contained images within the folder So we turn the thumbnails back on ah thats better we can quickly see our images again Oh wait those disgusting yellow overlayed thumbnail folders are back There needs to be another option in windows Always show icons folders only show file thumbnails Would be great but I can't find any way to achieve this Even iconpackager can't do this and I bloody bought it All that happens is that you end up with your nice custom icon with a little bit of photo thumbnail sticking out the bottom of it so you have to 'always show icons never thumbnails' well that was a waste of money I would install linux instead if it were more useful changing ALL icons is easy and makes sense in that and takes about mins I have a lovely custom theme of course let down by those yellow folder icons that make me want to puke Has anyone found a way yet to overcome this in windows Sam

A:How do I use custom folder icon but still get file thumbnails

Welcome to the Seven Forums

It can be done look at this tutorial Folder Icon - Change Default Icon

You need to have to icons built just right for thumbnails to show look at screenshot you need a back and a front for it to work.
Look at this thread Custom made icons [1] there are some made up in there.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/237856-how-do-i-use-custom-folder-icon-but-still-get-file-thumbnails.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have windows 7 build 7264 running with no problems, but I cant seem to find a way to change the file & folder options toolbar thing in explorer. You know, the bar at the top that gives you the options: Include in library, Share with, Burn, etc. I would like to remove the options I dont use & add ones from xp like Delete & Copy to folder. I realize I can still do these things from the right click context menu but its an extra step, I liked the file & folder tasks pane in xp, wish there was a way to use it on Windows 7. But if I could atleast have that option at the top would be nice. Believe me I been googling for hours & cant find a thing cept other people requesting the file & folder tasks pane from xp. Any help would really make my day Thanx in advance.....

A:Custom file & folder options tool/task bar

Could be because maybe there is no way? But if you find a way of making the Libraries entry disappear from the Win Explorer left pane let me know .

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/17525-custom-file-folder-options-tool-task-bar.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I need help with a batch file to copy the contents of my source dir to the destination dir that is to be created with that days date using xcopy or robocopy. Any help is appreciated!

A:Need a Batch File to Copy to a Custom Dest Folder

This should get you started...

for /F "tokens=1-4 delims=/- " %%A in ('date/T') do set DATE=%%A-%%B-%%C
md c:\tmp\%DATE%
xcopy c:\output c:\tmp\%DATE% /s

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232736-need-batch-file-copy-custom-dest-folder.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I just downloaded all of the Google Web Fonts and they were each downloaded into their respected folders, so instead of clicking on folder after folder and right clicking after right clicking and finally installing each and every font;

How can I create a command prompt (batch) file so the prompt can search the main folder where all the font folders are, grab any and all TrueType Font files and move or copy them into another single folder?

A:Custom batch file that copies font files to another folder?

It seems like it would be easier to search by the TTF file extension.

Copy the results where you want them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253447-custom-batch-file-copies-font-files-another-folder.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi!

Why all file details are not visible for a exe/dll/ocx etc. from windows explorer?

When you click over an exe file to show properties information details, the dialog showed, it does not show all information into dialog (i.e: InternalName doesn't appear). Can I change this?

Thanks in advance!

A:Exe FileVersionDetails from Properties->Details

Originally Posted by NoAntz

Hi!

Why all file details are not visible for a exe/dll/ocx etc. from windows explorer?

When you click over an exe file to show properties information details, the dialog showed, it does not show all information into dialog (i.e: InternalName doesn't appear). Can I change this?

Thanks in advance!

Nope. The information that is displayed is hard coded to show only "relevant" information. I have no idea why "InternalName" is not included, but you cannot change the display.

Being a developer myself, I've sometimes needed this extended information. But my dev tools have utilities to view such version resource information, so it never really bothered me that Windows never displayed all of it....

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/166928-exe-fileversiondetails-properties-details.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Why my details tab missing in properties? in any file!

like this pic: (JPEG File)

By omereilon at 2012-05-24

and this pic: (MP3 File)

By omereilon at 2012-05-24

it happens in exe file too! in any file1
please help me to fix it quickly!!!

Thanks advance

A:Details tab missing in properties!

You may want to carry out a virus scan, for which Malwarebytes is eminently suitable: Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

Your user account may be corrupted so you could try creating a new account to see whether that has the same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231382-details-tab-missing-properties.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My previous OS was Windows -bit I used edit in mp3 Can't details properties rip my favorite music tracks and was able to edit the details in the Details tab of the Can't edit mp3 details in properties Properties window after right-clicking on the file name The system hardware is the same OS is now Windows -bit But when I open the mp file's property window and go to the details tab I get fewer options in detail and I CANNOT edit any one of them I have run sfc - no problem I have opened the Explorer as Administrator and still the same issue Here's the screen capture It might help to know that I am the sole user of the desktop PC And that I have another PC at another place with same configuration also running Win -bit On that PC for the same file I see more details on the screen and I can edit the fields I might post the capture from that PC later when I go there Meanwhile any ideas for this odd behavior I also ran the mp Tag to get over the possible issue with ID tags Need help to solve this Thanks

A:Can't edit mp3 details in properties

Some program might be "hogging"it. Shut down all the programs that might be using it and try.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30399-cant-edit-mp3-details-properties.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Nothing majorly important no deadline no urgency just wanted to know how to do this in Vista Now I don't demand a lot from an OS Obviously seeing as this is the Vista section SLAMMERTON but I love the fact that there are so many properties details to files and I can choose which ones display sort in Windows Explorer I have a good collection of literature in pdf form and I'd like to set certain details to catalog them I have the folder by default displaying details like Authors Publisher Pages Country region Description Company Tags and so on The problem All those fields are empty And when I go to the individual files' properties Right-click gt Properties gt Details none of those fields appear Is there anyway I can edit these fields Ideally I'd be able to quot batch edit quot them so I don't have to go through one-by-one to give books the same author but I'd settle for one-by-one Or do they have Files? of Details/Properties Changing to be a certain file-type to have these fields editable The only field I've been able to edit was the quot Tags quot Changing Details/Properties of Files? field and those could Changing Details/Properties of Files? only be image files and that's only Changing Details/Properties of Files? when they were opened individually in Windows Photo Gallery I'm the only account on the PC UAC is turned off blah blah blah Any words of wisdom will be helpful

A:Changing Details/Properties of Files?

Banjo Man - try opening the PDF file then select FILE from the Tab at the top and select
Properties and see if you can modify the fields. Don't know how you would batch-edit them unless you wrote a Script.
Paul

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/changing-details-properties-of-files-396777.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a video folder that I would like organize by genre (i.e.: action, drama, comedy, etc.) but Windows isn't allowing me to add or change existing file details.

I consulted this document and realized the following applies to my situation.

Quote:

Some properties can't be added or changed. In those cases, clicking next to the value won't change its appearance.

Is there a work-around? (e.g.:Additional software)

A:Adding properties to details pane

Hello,

Click Here to download abcAVI, save it to your desktop, once download is complete run installer => Open up abcAVI => On the top menu bar the first icon will let you select one movie file to edit, the second icon will allow you to select a whole directory to edit all movie files in it, once in the movie just go down to Genre and choose the one you would like or type in your own => Click Save once done

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/adding-properties-to-details-pane-679123.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I've got Outlook Express and occasionally I get what is obviously a spam email When this happens I like to add the sender's email or domain as well as the return-path email or domain to my Blocked Sender's List on my Email>properties>details Source" Oe "message In dial-up provider's Webmail Spam "message Source" In Oe Email>properties>details Filter So when I get one of these messages I right-click on it and choose Properties The Details tab of course gives you all that information but sometimes I also click on Message Source at the bottom of the Details tab to see if there are any other email addresses or domains listed in there that I can block Actually you can usually get all the information from the Details tab so I really didn't mean to click the Message Source this time So I'm wondering if everything I've described above is safe to do on a potentially harmful email whether it may have a virus attached or anything bad that can come with a harmful email And specifically can it be harmful to click the Message Source in Properties gt Details on an email if there happens to be a virus or anything bad in it or attached to it Can anything get onto your computer by doing that Thanks

A:"message Source" In Oe Email>properties>details

I've used this method for years to look at suspicious emails and no problem. You are safe because the email never "opens".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102711/message-source-in-oe-emailpropertiesdetails/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have this problem with the vista details pane Details in Pane Missing Properties/Tags and I have not been able to find any solution I have Windows Vista bit Home Premium version The problem is that My details pane is missing a lot of properties tags Only ones that are appearing are file date file name dated created When I go into a MP folder same thing happens as I described in Just the tags appear and I don t get any other tags that used to be there like artist name rating title etc I cannot edit any Tag in Missing Properties/Tags in Details Pane the details pane When everthing was working fine I could go in the MP folder I could edit the title ratings etc and Save it But now I can t do anything the save button does not appear and the tags don t go in edit mode Up till now I have tried the following solutions I have reset all the folder options in Vista by going to Folders tools reset defaults did not work After resetting the folders I have also turned on the details pane option under Organize Layout and the details under the Views did not Missing Properties/Tags in Details Pane work Under View in the tool bar I went to Customize This Folder and chose the Music Folder Option All Items etc did not work Then on the Microsoft site I found this solution Open Documents by clicking the Start button and then clicking Documents and click a file to apply properties Then In the Details pane at the bottom Missing Properties/Tags in Details Pane of the folder window click the property that you want to change type the new property in the Tags But it did not work either as the Tags shown in red is not appearing anywhere in the details pane Plus I could not find Tags anywhere in the folder options etc Another Microsoft solution I tried was Open the folder that contains the file Right-click the file and then click Properties In the Properties dialog box click the Details tab click the properties box that you want to change type a word or phrase and then click Apply To add more than one property of the same type separate each property with a semicolon This did not work either as the Tags shown in red below are not appearing anywhere in the Details tab shown below and the only details that is there is the same properties I mentioned earlier i e date file name dated created Nothing editable is appearing under that Details tab The hyperlink for Microsoft solutions is http windows microsoft com en-CA windows-vista Add-tags-or-other-properties-to-a-file I also downloaded a utility from microsoft site for resetting all the folder options to default and that did not work either I have also tried other utilities available on the net like reset-vista-folders zip Default Programs Editor ExplorerView I have already checked the system for spyware virus and for registry problems Its clean I really really welcome any feedback or solutions since this is driving me nuts Deeply appreciate your help Thanks AR

A:Missing Properties/Tags in Details Pane

hello

Is this only for mp3 files?

You said "when everything was working fine" what happened? did you download a new program? (itunes,vlc)

If it wasn't that long ago, you could try system restore.

Did you use a "registry cleaner" or an "optimizer"?

On the properties window, general tab, what is it set to "open with"?

good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/267806-missing-properties-tags-details-pane.html
Relevancy 61.49%

In Windows 8.1, I want to customize the properties displayed in the Details Pane for ALL of my MP3s . (That is, I do not mean removing/modifying the properties on an individual MP3/music file. I mean choosing what gets displayed in the Details Pane for all music files.)
In XP (which I love and miss), I do believe the Details Pane could be customized easily, but I see no way to do that in 8.1. For example, I want to display Artist, Album, Year, Track #, Size, and Duration ONLY. How do I remove Rating, Genre, Title, etc.
Also, can I remove the "breadcrumbs" (...) and have the full line displayed? In XP, everything was displayed. Now you have to hover over something to see it. How is that better?
I miss XP's file manager!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443191-windows-8-1-how-do-i-remove-properties-displayed-details-pane.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have a folder of home videos that I 6.41Gb says says folder 2.67Gb, properties properties *.* back up to a USB key with Syncback The key is nearly full and I'm trying to reduce the size of that folder But here's the thing If I folder properties says 2.67Gb, *.* properties says 6.41Gb right-click on my 'Home videos' folder and select 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb However if I open the folder and search for to show all the files then select all right-click 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb Still at the bottom of the Windows Explorer window it says items selected This is the case on both the folder in My Documents on the PC and also the matching folder on the USB key Treesize also shows Gb for both folders In fact as far as I can figure what with everything else on the same USB key there wouldn't even be room for a Gb folder I've tried showing both hidden and system files and folders but there's nothing extra to see Can anyone please explain this anomaly I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399832-folder-properties-says-2-67gb-properties-says-6-41gb.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Gang,

When a customer starts Windows 7, Play Back Devices appears on the desktop. It shows default speakers for a USB device (Skype Mobile) and the laptop's speakers as default as well. The image below is from my own computer, but his would have the two speakes showing. I can open Task Manager and end the process, but each time he starts his computer the box appears again.

I don't see launch Play Back Devices in Startup and it's not a service. It's also not in Programs/Startup.

What might automatically launch Play Back Devices?

Any ideas?

A:Sound Properties Box Appears on Startup

If it's being called from the Windows Registry you wouldn't necessarily find it manually. Install Ccleaner and it will list all startup items in one list, regardless of where they are being called from. Ccleaner allows you to disable or remove any of them. Get it here: Download CCleaner 3.05.1409 - FileHippo.com

Install it.
Open it & click "Tools" in the left pane.
Click "Startup" in the adjacent pane.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/155450-sound-properties-box-appears-startup.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I would really like to remove the name, photo, and details of the person who built my computer, from the My Computer Properties page. It's no longer relevant; but I can't see how to do it. Anyone know?

A:Solved: Removing tech support details from My Computer Properties page

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-removing-tech-support-details-from-my-computer-properties-page.764834/
Relevancy 59.77%

HelloI have been infested with Sys32 properties window which keep appearing on window start up. I have tried by Norton anti virus also but it never works. I would appeciate if you help me to solve this problem. Below is the window which appears:Sys 32 PropertiesType: ApplicationOrigin: S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013Size: 0 bytesThanks and best regardsRajEdit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

The System32 folder opens at startup because of a corrupt system registry value. The value could have been corrupted for a number of reasons to include malware or installing/uninstalling a program from the Internet which did not install/uninstall itself properly.Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #260 and click "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot" in the right column. You will be prompted to download xp_systems32opens.vbs. Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run the script. Since the script modifies certain registry settings you may receive an alert from your anti-virus or any script blocking program. Ignore the warning and allow it to continue.The problem could also be caused by empty run entries in your startup shortcuts which will open the system32 folder. Check the startup run registry entries and remove those entries. See System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows.These steps involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable. ERUNT is an excellent FREE tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166169/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 59.77%

Everytime i turn on my computer Sys32 properties appears on the screen of my window, please help me solve the problem
below is the detailed discription of the problem

Sys 32 Properties

Type: Application

Origin: c-1-3-64-8794238531-8742492-9897532

Size: 0 bytes

Thank you again
so02

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

Have you checked to see if you are infected? Sometimes an infection will corrupt your onboard protection - so I suggest that you try these free, online scans: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252Also, could you please post a screen shot of what appears on your desktop? Here's a link on how to do that: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199886/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have created my own extension for a file, which when opened with a notepad, stores its content (properties) in xml format. I wanted to display these file properties in custom columns named like disk size, ram etc
eg. like in windows virtual pc, the .vmcx machine has its properties in xml format, and in its folder, custom columns display its memory, status etc.

A:Display properties in custom column

Please reply asap
thnx in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/216898-display-properties-custom-column.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Friends Over the past few days I have noticed that my Folder Properties Right Click gt Properties doesn't show the 'folder size' or the 'number of files folders' the folder contains In the General Tab of the Folder Properties the following is displayed Size bytes Tab General Folder show 'Size', Properties 'Contains' doesn't Folder Size on disk bytes Contains Files Folders Everything else works fine This problem is specific to the folders In case of files all details are shown as usual In fact when I bring my mouse over the folders the tool tips DO show the folder size and also names of files they contain Also this is not because of the folder being empty or Folder Properties General Tab doesn't show Folder 'Size', 'Contains' anything as this problem is for ALL folders invariably including the Windows folder I have tried using Folder Properties General Tab doesn't show Folder 'Size', 'Contains' Command Prompt The 'dir' command can list the folder size with no problems I also have all requisite permissions as I am the admin Also UAC etc is in place Additional Details I have no problems moving folders copy pasting etc whatsoever and the computer is working totally fine Only this problem stumps me Please help

A:Folder Properties General Tab doesn't show Folder 'Size', 'Contains'

nomal and annoying behavior of Win 7.

If you really need to know the size of a folder, you can use a powershell script or, easier, for normal-user is:
Use TreeSize Free which is one my favorite little program jewels.
JAM Software - Windows Freeware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232408-folder-properties-general-tab-doesnt-show-folder-size-contains.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello there, board! Any chance there's a VBA wizard that can help me out?

I'm looking for a bit of VBA that will help me update custom document properties in 50 + documents all at once. The files vary in number and in name, but there are times when I have to update the custom document properties in a number of them (always kept in the same folder, if that helps any). It takes a lot of time, think this can be automated?

One thing that would be handy is if it could start in Excel, where I could fill in the new values for the fields and then hit a button, choose which files (or folders containing files) need to be updated, and have it magically do it for me.

Is this possible? Or too ambitious?

Many thanks!

A:Word 2003: Update Custom Document Properties Across Multiple Files

Yes VBA can be used to do this. Can you post some sample documents ?

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-update-custom-document-properties-across-multiple-files.912698/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I'm having problems changed the properties of my folders, I want to issue one specific folder/subfolders with a password, but the 'Make this folder private' tickbox is greyed out and I cannot select it.

How can I make my folder private?

Relevancy 55.47%

I have windows 2k, with pretty recent windows updates. (Service Pack 4 I think)
The computer is not connected to the internet so it has no recent anti-virus updates.
We do use flash memory that contains material dowloaded from other computers that are connected tot he internet.

When I go to tools on the folder's drop down menus, folder options does not appear.
Map network... disconnect..., and syncronize.. do appear. Just not folder options.

Also, on the flash memory drive, fake folders appear. They display with icons that look like folders. But it file type in the details view it is a progam.
When you click the program, you get to my documents in the local machine.
If you delete or erase the quasi folders, they come back.

What do I have here.
What can I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fake-folder-appears-no-folder-options.584413/
Relevancy 55.47%

A folder appeared in my documents folder named "EZStickyNotes" created on 4-8-09 and was just wondering what the heck is going on with that folder just appearing out of the blue!It is empty and seems harmless,but i just want to be extra sure!Any help will be appreciated regarding what this mysterious folder is and it's purpose.Seems pretty suspicious to me to say the least!Thank you.
In the meantime while i wait for any replies,I'll go run scans with my antivirus and antispyware programs and see if they detect anything.

A:EZStickyNotes folder appears out of nowhere in Documents folder!

Originally Posted by DSmith148

A folder appeared in my documents folder named "EZStickyNotes" created on 4-8-09 and was just wondering what the heck is going on with that folder just appearing out of the blue!It is empty and seems harmless,but i just want to be extra sure!Any help will be appreciated regarding what this mysterious folder is and it's purpose.Seems pretty suspicious to me to say the least!Thank you.

In the meantime while i wait for any replies,I'll go run scans with my antivirus and antispyware programs and see if they detect anything.

You downloaded it through shareware. it was probably bundled.
http://www.soft32.com/download_7612.html

Windows Vista already has sidebar sticky notes.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/221399-ezstickynotes-folder-appears-out-nowhere-documents-folder.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I tried to change my folder detail display and my list is short. I am missing the info I need for my photos. What happened and what do I need to do I get it back?

Thank you

A:Folder Details

try system restore its a good place to start let me know how you get on

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/folder-details-108561.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi can I ask a little advice please I am using Windows professional bit and I have a little problem Need details change to folder I Have quite a lot of Audio books and when I open a folder that a book is in I would like it to show different details at the top of the Need to change folder details folder I don t need to alter the all the folders on the computer just the ones with the audio books in I have attached a screenshot as you can see the usual details are ticked and are displayed in the folder details But some of the details I would like to display like Author and Comments I have to click on the word more then I have scroll down a list to tick the ones I would like displayed So is there a way I can move some of these details to the top of the list please Regards PS I have tried the move up and down buttons but next time I need the change the details they are all back to normal

A:Need to change folder details

Try the Move Up Button.

It will be grayed out until you select an item that can be moved up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/326224-need-change-folder-details.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello people I m trying to customize my folders so I can organize them a little better This is what I want to do I m currently on a medical residency folder details help changing where we are a lot of residents and all of us have different cases and our boss ask us to organize all our cases in folders on a external hard drive they have to be folders because each case has photos information s videos etc but it s not as simple as that he want me to make an option so I can sort them by author physician name patient disease so if he wants to see all my patients he can do it with one click or all the patients with the same diagnostic So I m trying only naming the folders with the patients name's and on the details of the folder insert the physician and the disease So is there a way that I can do that using help changing folder details windows or I will have to help changing folder details use another program The reason I don t want to use a program it s because we use it on different computers and if I use a program I will have to install it on every computer we use so if anyone has any idea how to do this help will be really appreciate

A:help changing folder details

Hello Luis, welcome to the Seven Forums.

I would do this with Saved Searches.

Save all patient information as you had planned, each patient having own folder with all relevant information. Name each main (patient) folder using sort options you need to use as for instance John Doe - Dr. Kildare - Stroke (patient - doctor - diagnosis).

Now create Saved Search links. To search all stroke patients, open the folder containing all patient folders and type
type:folder filename:stroke to search field. When search is done, click Save Search:

Now you you have a link to all folders of stroke patients:

Do the same with all sort criteria you need to. Saved searches appear on the left pane of Explorer window, on top under the title Favorites.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/152690-help-changing-folder-details.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I need some direction or reassurance about setting up a new Win system using an older Win user folder I had Win Ultimate on an HP with the user folders on a separate internal drive The HP died the drive with the user folders is intact This user folder has almost GB of data that we need to keep as is My wife's a video producer Folder Details User with several projects in work I bought a new Lenovo with Win Home Premium I set up user accounts on the system drive and User Folder Details then added the drive with the HP user accounts I made the necessary registry changes to access the added drive for user folders Upon booting I checked the properties of my user folder on the drive I added and it reported bytes I didn't want to risk losing that data so I shut it down My original user folder still has everything I want and need I know the user folder has data for my applications Is there data in the user folder specific for the computer I'm on If so what do I merge from the Lenovo user folder with my big user folder If not was the quot byte report quot a fluke Also would I be better off installing all my applications before incorporating this big user folder I have not yet installed the Adobe software that will be using most of the data in the user folder Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide

A:User Folder Details

Did you link your new Win7 User folders to the old ones using this procedure? User Folders - Change Default Location

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/159766-user-folder-details.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I set the view of a certain folder to Details but when I go back to it later on I find it turned into Tiles. Is there a way to fix the view to Details all the time?

A:Need to fix the view of a folder into details

Just that one folder or does it do that with every folder? If just that one, what's the folder name?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/need-to-fix-the-view-of-a-folder-into-details/203600.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Instead of manually going to view-details when accessing a folder, is there any way I can apply this to all folders via editing the registry

A:Viewing Folder Details

You can do it through folder options. Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View >Apply to all folders. This will make all your folders look the same as the one you are currently viewing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-folder-details.465776/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there This is my first post so I hope this is in the Pictures Properties > Folder Folder right section etc I m using Folder Properties > Folder Pictures Windows XP and I ve been having problems with some MP files in regards to album artwork and tagging I ve discovered that it s my album folders that have been tagged most likely by me to have a custom Folder Picture I Folder Properties > Folder Pictures want to remove all the Folder Pictures from my music album folders Folder Properties > Folder Pictures I fear I will have to do one by one which is a LOT unless I can find a reverse procedure in the program I suspect caused this to happen That program is Tag amp Rename and I suspect I accidentally added custom pictures to these folders when I was adding album art to the individual music files ANYWAYS When in Windows Explorer and looking at the album folders in question I can right-click on them and go to Properties Then in the last tab Customise I can see a section called Folder Pictures And there I see the album artwork on the folder So I want that removed However clicking on the Restore Default button does NOTHING Could the folder be locked by Tag amp Rename or something I just tried playing with the Read Only Attributes of the folder but it seems to make no difference nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I've been looking all over google for an answer to this, I couldn't find one. Thinking to myself, this is a first. Anyway I'd like it if someone had an answer for this one. I run a computer repair business and would like to add some extra metadata to some of my files for accounting purposes.

Example.I have many pictures/pdfs of invoices from suppliers. I'd like to be able to have a column in windows explorer for the total price of those invoices and I'd like to call it "Total Price" that way I can sort them by price.

Any help would be appreciated, but please don't suggest I use the categories that are already there.

Edit: If this is in the wrong spot, please move it.

A:Add Custom Entries to the "Choose Details" menu

Have I stumped you all? Nobody's replied to my thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/141793-add-custom-entries-choose-details-menu.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I hope Im in the right place and I did look around to see if I could find an answer View always Folder details. to goes back to my questions Anyway I made the mistake of buying windows assuming it was just windows fixed up wow was I ever wrong The problem I am trying to solve at this moment is I set my folders to show medium icon view and no matter what it always reverts back to details default view I have reset all folders and applied to all folders but it changes back The same thing happens for example I like to see file extensions but it changes by itself it is strange that sometime it will keep my changes for a time but it will always go back to default I have also gone back to the factory setting times thinking I did something wrong cuz one time I couldn't get the preview pane pain or the navigation pane to remove The only thing Im using at the moment that didn't come with the system Folder View always goes back to details. is the Classic Shell Win My OS is windows X so if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate very much to hear them Im not a PRO but have been using since the old DOS days and have a fair idea how this is suppose to work and I have always tweaked Folder View always goes back to details. the system I was running at work or home but this OS doesn't wanna cooperate at all Sorry if I was to long winded but was trying to give an account of my problems Thanks in advance MIKLO

A:Folder View always goes back to details.

Hello Miklo,

If you have not already, you might see if using the method in the tutorial below to set a default folder view for all folders and templates may help.

Folder View - Set a Default for all Folders in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19478-folder-view-always-goes-back-details.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello All,

Is there any way to have explorer folder details(customized order) to change ALL folders to that setting? Here is what I mean:

- Open explorer and right click on the right pane next to "name".
- Select "more" from the menu
- In the "choose details menu" default check boxes are name, date modifed,
type, size(in that order). I prefer the view order of: name, size, type, date modified. When I "move" those 4 detail in that order its in force for that folder.
My question is, is there anyway I can to apply that order to ALL folders on the harddrive? Its a bit burdening to have to do this to every folder. I don't see
any setting for this in Folder Options.

I've only been using Win7 for a week. Any information appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Explorer Folder Details

Quote: Originally Posted by skip22

Hello All,

Is there any way to have explorer folder details(customized order) to change ALL folders to that setting? Here is what I mean:

- Open explorer and right click on the right pane next to "name".
- Select "more" from the menu
- In the "choose details menu" default check boxes are name, date modifed,
type, size(in that order). I prefer the view order of: name, size, type, date modified. When I "move" those 4 detail in that order its in force for that folder.
My question is, is there anyway I can to apply that order to ALL folders on the harddrive? Its a bit burdening to have to do this to every folder. I don't see
any setting for this in Folder Options.

I've only been using Win7 for a week. Any information appreciated.

Hi and welcome.
Yes their is a way to setup all your directories the same on your computer.

Folder View - Set a Default for All Folders

1. Open My Computer from your desktop.

2. Select C: Drive from the left column.

3. In the right screen it should show you all the files and directories under C Drive.

4. Setup the root directory the way you want all the directories to be.

5. When this is compete and you are happy open the tab at the let top of the screen that says ORGANIZE

6. Select FOLDERS & SEARCH OPTION from the pulldown.

7. When the new window opens select the top tab called VIEW

8. When the next window opens select the button that says APPLY TO FOLDERS

After you hit that button it will ask you if this is the way you want all your folders to be. Say YES.

At this time I would close everything and reboot and all your folders should be the way you like them.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/64999-windows-7-explorer-folder-details.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have vista & want all the subfolders in my music folder to have the same column headings. I can't figure out how to do this? Help please.

Ron40

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-folder-details-to-apply-to-subfolders.765318/
Relevancy 53.32%

Can someone tell me how to set it up so .TGA files pictures show up in the
details part of the folder options.

I want my .TGA pictures to show up in the Details window just like .jpg and other photo types.

I use alot of .TGA photos for a game and would to see them w/o using a graphics program.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/show-tga-files-in-folder-details-how-to.271283/
Relevancy 53.32%

Is there a way I can set the folder Details view for Pictures WITHOUT changing the Video details view.
I want the length of my movies but not the length of my pictures and the diamensions of my pictures but not the diamensions of the movies etc.

A:Folder details view setting

Pictures and videos are generally uploaded to different folders, so the settings in each of the folders should be independent from the other. But if, for some reason, you have your pictures + videos in the same folder, I think the only way you could do that would be a work-around --- to manually transfer all of your pictures or videos to a separate folder. That way, in each of the folders, by right-clicking on the settings options and selecting 'More' at the bottom of the list, you have several hundred specific options to choose from and select.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283442-folder-details-view-setting.html
Relevancy 53.32%

right now, if i click the customize button and choose "music" for my music folders, it shows 'name', '#', 'title', 'contributing artists', and 'album' as sortable columns.

i was hoping there was a way to customize which columns would appear by default in music folders, rather than having to right click the top bar and add different elements like 'comments' or 'genre' to each individual folder. (i'm a ocd music sorter, so each artist has it's own folder. it would be beyond tedious to add genre and comments to each folder, only to have those elements disappear when the folder is returned to default status)

any ideas?

A:Customizing Music Folder Details

First set the current folder to optimize for Music (Use the Music Template):
Right Click Folder > Properties > Customize > Choose "Music" from dropdown list

Now set the settings in the folder (view options, etc)

Now we'll apply those settings to all folder that use the Music Template:
Organize > Folder & Search Options > View > Apply to All Folders

Now if you have a music folder you just need to go to Properties > Customize > Music in order to it to display the way you like.

For more info:
Folder Template - Change
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...l-folders.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/78193-customizing-music-folder-details.html
Relevancy 53.32%

a small nag i've gotten; whenever i try to sort the fields by name,tag,length every/s(th) comes but not length, size; i think we've around 128 different details field at our disposal but how to figure out if one is missing, of course except counting like in mines case i donno how to restore size, bitrate,length for my song files; just 24 hrs back they did fine but now it sucks; in my view itz somehow related to the file in question 'coz when i aint able to see the details even in them then from where the heaven it'd reflect into top border!!!!!!!!
any suggestion

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196834-restoring-field-details-folder.html
Relevancy 53.32%

How do I set Windows7 to open all folders in the details view. Currently I now have to set each window as I open them
Thanks,

Choco

A:Set folder view globally to details

Have a look at this tutorial,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...l-folders.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/84661-set-folder-view-globally-details.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I see that the size of a file is displayed when in "Details" mode. But when I am looking at a folder filled with dozens of subfolders, no file size is listed. Is there a way to change this?

A:Any way to get the folder size to show in details?

Sizes are only listed for files, not for folders. But if you hover the cursor over the folder, it will tell you the size.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/167332-any-way-get-folder-size-show-details.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have inadvertently removed all the details in the details option which shows the bit depth and a myriad of other meta data when I select a music file and click on options then click on details.How can I get that information back?I have tried everything I can think of and done many searches but here I am asking here now.
I use dbpoweramp to get all the meta data and I use that information regularly but not anymore since it's gone,my bad.

A:How do I re-set the details in music folder in Win 7 or its default?

If your are referring to explorer.
On the row which have Name, Size, Dates, etc.
Do right-click, and you can select what to show.
If you right-click and click on More.... options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398667-how-do-i-re-set-details-music-folder-win-7-its-default.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I would like a friend to be able to use my guest account to create occasional word documents etc. Could he save files to the computer and, if so, what would the produced and saved by details boxes in the properties information say? I cannot check this myself now, as I have had problems arising from an alternative user account I created, which has resulted in the computer having to be repaired.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/25960-guest-account-file-saving-file-details.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I do a search on how to sort, I get a Tutorial that tells me to open the "View" Menu item.

However, as you can see from the attached, I don't have a VIEW menu on my Folder.

I would like to sort these by file type so that I can save them to a CD.

What am I doing wrong here?

A:I can't sort by File Types. What happened to File Details?

I attached a word doc with two pics in it. I have no idea wht these [IMG] links are.
I hit the paperclip, added my file from my C: drive, hit Upload, and got this.

Essentially, I created a new folder, put in some music files, and wanted to sort them by file type, but I have no option for that. I can only sort by List, Details, Tiles and Content.

Under Windows XP, I COULD sort using View/Details.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107763-i-cant-sort-file-types-what-happened-file-details.html
Relevancy 52.46%

After applying these 2 tweaks
- Is it possible to have icons of 32px and their name BELOW?
- Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable
now I have a new problem:

Do you know how to configure a "List" / "Details" folder view in these menus for every folder?

Start Notepad >> File >> Open... to replicate this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/394883-list-details-folder-view-these-menus.html
Relevancy 52.46%

how can I get my search results to list the address as it exists, rather than with favoritism for the subfolder an item was found in,

e.g.,

I want
"c:\folder\sub folder\sub sub"

rather than being shown
"sub sub (c:\folder\sub folder)"

it makes things much easier to navigate.

A:search results folder details arrangement...

Windows 7 now calls the useful style "Folder path". Right-click in the header row, choose "More", and choose "Folder path".

I would like to find one person who thinks the current "Folder" style used in Win7 is useful. It's totally stupid. Or to put it in a way a Win 7 programmer apparently likes: stupid (It's totally).

I can't believe no one provided an answer to your question in nine months. This problem was killing me, so after an hour of searches without finding the answer, and then finding the answer by myself, I thought I'd add this for others who find this through a google search.

I have found every change in Win7 to be a hindrance to my work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/117603-search-results-folder-details-arrangement.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am on a small network where the printer Appears Never "Properties" Printer Network is connected to a PC WinXP The laptop Vista is on the network The printer is an HP Deskjet that is quot shared quot on the network I installed the Vista drivers for the printer on the laptop No issues with connecting to the printer and just plain printing My problem is when I want to save ink and alter the printer s printing properties I am usually printing an email or from Word So when I go to Print and choose the network printer then click on Properties the panel never appears until after I click on quot OK quot to print I tried to change the settings another way through the Control Panel -- Printer -- right click network printer Network Printer "Properties" Never Appears -- Properties Under the quot General quot tab I click on the quot Printing Preferences quot button and the panel flickers like another window was supposed to pop up but doesn t When I close the network printer properties I see another panel appear for less than a second then disappears nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-properties-never-appears.592258/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am moving a great deal of folders from an older hard drive
to another.... How can I get the folders to keep the original
date instead the date I move the folders?
I know that I can change the date of each one, but was
wondering if there were a trick to having it not change the
date in the first place.
Thanks so much for being here.....

Xpwannabe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-properties.341869/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

Every time I try to view folder properties it takes about 2 minutes to get the properties up, I have no idea why. The file properties and everything else work fine. I run XP pro SP2.
Thank you

A:Folder properties

Been seeing this a bit lately on some customer's computers. So far the solution has been to run several programs to remove all the spyware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-properties.287732/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

I have a problem where-by when I 'right-click' on a folder, the pop-up menu appears without a problem.....but when I select 'Properties' or 'Sharing and Security' nothing happens and the dialogue boxes do not appear.

I am running XP SP2 and also have Norton Internet Security. I have found that if I uninstall Norton, the dialogues appear, but as soon as I re-install Norton, it stops working again. It was working fine with norton installed before I installed SP2

Can anyone help me?

A:No Folder Properties - Need Help Please

Are u sure u are logged in as administrator rigths same for update problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-folder-properties-need-help-please-22033.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My home pc is running slow and i wanted to do some poking around and I checked the folder properties for My Documents folder and it listed something like 3000 folders. However when I open it up there is roughly 20, at the most. Where are these other folders coming from? I do have show hidden folders. I also have a decent amount of mp3's, maybe a couple hundred folders there, but nothing in the 1000s range.
- How can i found out what all these folders are?
- Also can anyone recommend a do-it-yourself site/guide to tackle slow pc issues? I want to go thru my pc and delete all the unnecessary garbage that comes with it and what i don't need.

thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello You know how you can set the properties of a folder by rightclicking and selecting properties and then under the Customize tab you can choose whether the folder is for Music Photos or Videos etc Well that ability is not available in the same way for the actual D second harddrive Somehow Windows decided to make my entire D drive a Music folder so when I m in the root folder for D it doesn t have the option to quot Make New Folder quot Instead it shows quot Play All quot and actions for Music type folders See photos It needs to be quot File and Folder Tasks quot not quot Music or Pictures Tasks Properties Help! Folder quot but how do Folder Properties Help! you change this setting on a folder or in this case harddrive if the Folder Properties do not have a Customize tab Anyone know how to fix this Thanks Post Script That is a backup for my purchased copy of said movie nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

When I give a right-click on my folder nothing happens. Drives and files property are working correct.

Relevancy 52.03%

Guys and Gals,

I have no idea how, but I cannot access my folder properties if I either left click and hit properties or use the File / Properties option. This is a new one.

Does anyone know if there is an enable / disable for viewing the folder properties?

If you need more info, let me know.
Thanks !!

A:Cannot get folder properties at ALL

Which OS you're using would help. My first guess would be to reapply the latest service pack. Also, I would check the logs to see if something happened (software installed, security patch installed, etc.) that coincides with when this started happening. As far as I know, there is not a setting in the registry that hides properties from users. I believe that if your account is denied rights to read a file or folder, then you should get a pop-up window that states "Access Denied" when you try to display the properties.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-folder-properties-at-all.80986/
Relevancy 52.03%

My question has to do with folder attributes.
Every folder on my computer is marked as "Read only". Is this normal? How do I change the attribute to read/write?

Relevancy 52.03%

Good afternoon everyone, Here is the problem. I am trying to get a standard view for the files under 'My Music' and all subfolders. Does not seem to work. Let us take an example: In the My Music\classical\ subfolder all the subfolders below that are artists names and the files may consist of mp3, mp4, m4a, flv, swf, some txt, occasional mpeg. It seems that if the folder contains all mp3 files then I can select 'name', 'size' & 'length' and in folder options I select view>apply to all folders then it will display correctly. But not if there are mp4, m4a, and flv mixed or some other combination. Then (whoever is in charge of my computer) adds all the additional columns and I wind up clicking away to remove the offending details only to have to do it again and again. Is there a way to do it 'my way'? Thanks for viewing!

A:how to modify folder view details for music files?

Quote:
Then (whoever is in charge of my computer)

Who is in charge of your computer. If that is not your own computer, what do you expect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321605-how-modify-folder-view-details-music-files.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Is there a setting in XP home and pro where you can set the number of pixels in the name from 180, which appears to be standard, to about 300 -----and have it reset all the files in folders set to open in "details" ---but do it all at once (registry or somewhere else), so I won't have to change this setting for each folder set to open the files with "details". I've got all this space out in the right 1/3 of the window and I would just like to set all the folder options which are to open with the "details view" to open with the file name at about 300 pixels instead of 180 pixels, so I won't have to reset each one manually. (too many!) thx

Relevancy 52.03%

There's something about Windows that has always puzzled me Let's say you have a directory in which there are some additional directories folders and some standalone files When in that directory you select details for your viewing mode Right click on a standalone file select properties and you'll see the file size Do the same for a folder and you'll in size when the is viewing mode? folder displayed details Why not see the folder size This tells you that the information about the size of the file or folder Why is folder size not displayed when viewing in the details mode? is present Yet when you select view details the size of the standalone files is displayed but the size of the folders is not displayed The only reason I can imagine Microsoft does this is because they make a bunch of money when people like me get so annoyed with this that we buy software such as folder size which I use But I didn't pay one dime for the folder size software as I got it free from a third party vendor So the reason can't Why is folder size not displayed when viewing in the details mode? be because they make a bunch of money selling the folder size software Can anyone explain why Microsoft doesn't display the folder size

A:Why is folder size not displayed when viewing in the details mode?

Because it would slow your system down. The sizes of individual folders aren't recorded anywhere on your hard drive; therefore, the size of each file in a folder must be added-up every time you want to know the size of that folder. This process can eat up a lot of resources if you're dealing with large folders. Someone at Microsoft probably just said "It's not worth the trouble!". It's not a conspiracy by the Illuminati.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195593-why-folder-size-not-displayed-when-viewing-details-mode.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear Experts,

I am running lock down accounts on my machine for certain users and installing software done through Admin account.

I need an advice, whether is there any tools that available to track specifically which folder or registry keys that needed access control in locked users profile. Thus i can give permission only for this components instead of unlocking un-neccessary folder structure.

I notice there is Filemon & Regmon but this is not software specific.

Thanking in advance.

Linx

A:Software to trace Folder & Registry permission details

The default permissions for Standard users accounts are already locked down to their maximum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/191709-software-trace-folder-registry-permission-details.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am sure that XP used to remember whether a folder was last viewed in details/thumb preview mode etc.

Windows 7 seems to just switch it on or off for all folders.

Is there a way to get explorer to remember the way it viewed the folders the last time you were in that folder.

Cheers,
Lee

A:Tell folder to remember view type ie details or thumb

Hello Lee,

By default, the folder views of a folder opened from a specific location should show the same way they were when the folder window was last closed from that location.

If a folder can be open from more than one location, then each location will have a separate folder view remembered for it. For example, C:\Users\(user-name)\Pictures vs Start Menu -> Pictures vs Start Menu -> Personal folder -> Pictures.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198326-tell-folder-remember-view-type-ie-details-thumb.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Win 7 was easy to make all your folders show details view and not what windows thought you should view it as.

I can't find a way to do that in Win 8. I have googled it many times and all attempts have failed. I have changed several folders to details view only to have them revert back to what windows wants me to view them as.

I would like to do this for all my folders and libraries, which I understand may not work for libraries.

Can someone please help me. Is there a registry setting I can set to force all views to be detail view?

A:Folder View want to make it all folders show details

It's pretty much the same as Win 7, but to get to is is a little different, first open My Computer and Open the C drive and choose Detail View, then hit Options:

Then hit "Change Folder Options" and it is the same, choose "Apply to All folders"

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24080-folder-view-want-make-all-folders-show-details.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Anybody can share how to increase the size of icons in the details view of folders? there are a couple of howto around but they don't work, any new solution you know?

A:Increase Icons Size in Folder Details View

You can change the icon size to pretty much any size you like using CtrlMouseWheelZoom.exe

It's an AutoHotKey script compiled as an executable and you can download it here:

How to assign browser-like zooming hotkeys for resizing icons on the Desktop and in the Explorer window in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 | Winaero

In addition to the video shown in the above link here's another video (below) showing the script in action on my machine.

Folder is set to "General Items" and "Details View"

Icon size is remembered on a per folder basis (Folder Template Discovery is off). Not sure what happens if you've got Folder Template Discovery switched on.

Note: CtrlMouseWheelZoom.exe will run until you kill the process via task manager or other method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJw-...ature=youtu.be

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/358553-increase-icons-size-folder-details-view.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Alright here's the deal. Running windows xp I want to get the security tab in folder properties working. I have already done a quick and easy reg edit on the guest key but that didn't help. . .Any ideas?

Another problem. . .I see no "Use Simple File Sharing" option in my "My Computer" folder options > view. . .
Thanks in advance
-Ivan

Relevancy 51.6%

I want to add comments to my folders and I read how to do this, only problem is I have no 'Summary' tab in any of my folder properties. What's going on? Can I restore it somehow?

Relevancy 51.6%

Running XP, when I right click and select properties to view folder properties (like size, etc.) nothing displays. No new window opens, nothing at all. Will only open actual file properties. Also, every time I restart, I have to release and renew my ipconfig to be able to access my LAN and internet. Thank you.

A:Folder properties and networking

It is possible that somehow the Right Click context menu got disabled. Kelly has a fix for this.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Scroll down to 56, it is in the second column (on the right).
Enable or Disable Right Click Context Menu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-properties-and-networking.423964/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have noticed that when I go to properties on a Folerer, I have all these accounts listed.

SYSTEM
Devin(Secondary-PC)Devin
HomeUsers(Secondary-PC)\HomeUsers
Administrator(Secondary-PC)Administrator
Account Unknown (S-1-5-21-2825559171-452586877-33292355121-1400
Account Unknown (S-1-5-21-2825559171-452586877-33292355121-1600

Occasionally I also show: WMPNetworkSvc (I have WMP disabled on startup)

What are all these account and are there any I can delete???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/security-tab-properties-of-a-folder-678128.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Why is there a dot in the read only sheet of new folders that I create. What does the dot mean?
Can I create a folder without either the dot or a tick?

A:Folder properties sheet

Hello 1018509,

Read-only box = (Windows 8) Default neutral setting for a folder that is always displayed.

Read-only File and Folder Attribute - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32492-folder-properties-sheet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Recently my Win2K stopped displaying the properties of a disk or folder. Previously, I could right click the object (disk/folder) and the properties (such as size in MB, etc) would come up. Now, nothing seems to happen when I right click and then click "Properties". How do I get that functionality back.

My Win 2K is current with all of the patches, etc. since 10/10/03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-see-disk-or-folder-properties.171015/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. I'm on Windows XP Home.

I would like to prevent an installer from deleting files that it puts in a particular folder. Is this possible? The installer encounters an error at the end of the process and deletes everything. It was suggested to me that if I could find a way to "keep" the files, I would be able to get things working.

Any ideas?

Thanks..

A:Folder Properties question.

If the installer choses to delete all the files after the error then there is no way to keep them. Unless you know how to re-write the installer exe file but i wouldnt suggest that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-properties-question.226183/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi ive been using WIN SE since day one and i still am last week i bit the bullet and bought a nice little laptop that runs WIN-XP system i tried Vista amp it wasnt for me anyhow so far so good ive used XP with my old BASE computer before to run only xp programs so its not completely new to me but i keep finding descrepenies folder not in shown properties xp that slow down my progress today ive copied some pics from my camera phone to a folder on My Docs pretty boring stuff but when i open the folder i scratched my head folder properties not shown in xp i had just done a batch conversion amp became very confussed trying to see what had happened hadnt noticed folder properties not shown in xp till now but at the bottom of the folder there s NO INFO about how many files how big is the folder in WIN i took it for granted damm ive been searching for over an hour on the net for a clue no joy more TIME WASTING thanks Microsoft your a great help so any clues on how i can set up my folders ive done the usual stuff like quot show all files quot amp looked round the property box but cant nail it my set up may be the problem but i dont see why perhaps ive missed something im using STD windows set up rather than XP as im so used to the old way i can get the properties from the menu but id rather have a folder size view on opening lasooing amp right clicking is FAR too much work in every folder if any of this makes sense any clues guys thanks russ folder properties not shown in xp nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
can somebody enlighten me how to make a folder view permanent.
Somehow my vista pc doesnt remember the folder view settings i set for a directory folder. Its nagging me. rookies out there - please explain.
many thanks in advance !

regards,
http://www.spaceboy.in

A:Folder view properties - how to fix

Check out post #2 by Kieth.
Stop Vista changing folder view due to folder content
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-6bd13d80b899/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/folder-view-properties-how-to-fix-356091.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I want to be able to set properties for each folder uniquely like I could in Vista XP etc I have several folders properties? to folder set unique How that I keep open at all times that have links to often used programs For example I have one folder that has all my development programs I have another that has all my Poker programs another that has all my security programs etc I find this a better way to organize my many programs than to How to set unique folder properties? leave icons on the desktop I want to be able to configure these folders differently than other folders In these folders all I want to see is a list of the programs No file sizes no dates etc and I want to be able to define the size and How to set unique folder properties? location of the folder I can do this for one folder When I open up another folder it How to set unique folder properties? now has the same properties as the last - and I don't want that to happen I want to set my normal file folders one way and my program folders another I have the following folder options set Open each folder in its own window Launch folder windows in a separate process Restore previous folder windows at login The attached image is how I want my program folders to look My file folders I to leave as normal W Ultimate

A:How to set unique folder properties?

You could try ShellFolderFix

http://www.sevenforums.com/customiza...ions-size.html

It remembers the size/position of your folders for you (as it was in XP)

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/74646-how-set-unique-folder-properties.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Does anyone know why when i open the properties of my folders or other things have really tiny tabs at the top? None of the options buttons have no words. The boxes where you type into are either a tiny cube or a thin line. I have searched all over and cannot find anything on this. I am running Windows 7 and the problem just started. It also does the thin type in boxes on some websites. Can anyone help or has this happened with anyone else???

A:Properties folder Problems???

Quote: Originally Posted by Greenfox74

Does anyone know why when i open the properties of my folders or other things have really tiny tabs at the top? None of the options buttons have no words. The boxes where you type into are either a tiny cube or a thin line. I have searched all over and cannot find anything on this. I am running Windows 7 and the problem just started. It also does the thin type in boxes on some websites. Can anyone help or has this happened with anyone else???

Welcome to the forum,

Can you take a Screenshot and post that so we can see what you're talking about better.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/114502-properties-folder-problems.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello fellow tech-heads,

When I right click on any folder to try to get the properties, nothing will happen. The explorer title bar will grey out as if it becomes a part of the background, but there is no foreground properties window. I can get the properties on any individual file without any problem. Consiquently, I can't get the properties when I right-click on my hard drive to get to the tools so I can run chkdsk. I'm running an anti-virus program (Norton) and I have the most recent updates. I cleaned out the registtry using "Registry Medic", and yes, I know that it probably caused the problem, but the system runs perfectly with the exception of this one problem.

Any suggestions???

A:Folder properties won't display

Hi,

Does it work here:

Windows explorer > File > Properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-properties-wont-display.140235/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello boys and girls.

I am new user with win 7, all time was with XP

I tried to move document & picture folders to other location(like I did it in XP) but I don't see tag "location" like on this picture.

How can I turn it on?

A:Why I don't see all folder properties tags?

Hello asker, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You may not have the "My Videos" folder opened directly from the "C:\Users\Owner" folder location.

If you like, you might consider doing what I suggested in the yellow Tip box at the top of the tutorial below instead of moving user folders.

User Folders - Change Default Location

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289709-why-i-dont-see-all-folder-properties-tags.html
Relevancy 51.6%

can anyone tell me why vista does this when you try to move files or copy then off my computer[are you sure you want to copy this folder without its properties],coz its driving me mad and you download a file and it downloads it but without any,exe file so you cant run the programme.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-you-sure-you-want-to-copy-this-folder-without-its-properties.772407/
Relevancy 51.6%

The reason behind this is that we took on two cameras pictures of our holiday and wanted to amalgamate them by date and time taken. The accidental deletion of some and wrong clock setting on a camera, with other matters means that the photos' numbers vary in the various folders. Without going deeper, my idea was to copy the list (file name, date taken etc etc); paste list in to Excel, then cross reference flies n other folders with different numbers back to those in first folder.

I can't seem to do it. Is it possible, and how?

A:I want to copy list of jpgs in a pic folder and paste details ito Exce

Very easy to do.

Search for Karens' Power Tools (or Karens' Directory Printer) using your favorite search engine.
Download and install the Karen's program.
Launch Karen's Directory Printer.
Go through all of the optional setting and SAVE TO DISK (saves a txt file to your designated location).
Import the Karen's directory TXT file into Excel.
I'm assuming you know how to set Excel import parameters.

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/351534-i-want-copy-list-jpgs-pic-folder-paste-details-ito-exce.html
Relevancy 51.17%

this is really strange. i get this half folder (as in folder options) that suddenly appears on my desktop in the left hand corner. this half folder actually moves all my icons to make room for it) at any givin time. im using xp pro and have reinstalled as an upgrade countless times. there must be some .exe file thats corrupt on this computer that sets this off. i have ran nav - housecall antivius and neither one has found anything wrong. it hasent happened in a while but the question still lingers - will it come back ? - i try to remember each thing i do so i can pinpiont the problem. its got to be in the regestry though. any ideas?

A:wierd folder appears out of nowhere

run
adaware
spybot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wierd-folder-appears-out-of-nowhere.211605/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi all i am new here and would greatly appreciate advice you can offer i use xp pro with sp installed i have my picture files stored an a partitioned hard drive there are about folders within this quot photo folder quot i do not folder Help appears corrupt? regulkarly look throuigh it i noticed about three weeks ago that all the files and folder names which start with the letter A-F are present but any with values greater than F are not the other folders are there as i cannot rename a new folder to a name i already know exists even though i cant see it tried Help folder appears corrupt? safe mode no help i have just sorted the Help folder appears corrupt? date numeric named folders eg - - into year folders eg etc and now only letter fles or folders starting with A-C are visible virus hardware failure you tell me Can i fix it No Can u fix it i hope so Kind regards Simon i should have said that in other parts of the computer i have not seen this anomaly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-folder-appears-corrupt.493853/
Relevancy 51.17%

i ve had this annoyance a week ago and read one of the posts to use hijackthis program to change the registry it works only for awhile and im gettin annoyed from folder appears sysytem32 frequent system folder pop ups i cant get rid of it would somebody please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT sysytem32 folder appears MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C Program Files JavaSoft JRE bin javaw exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Brian My Documents My Downloads hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BE E - - BC- E-FE A DFC - C WINDOWS system tkhfqixt dll O - BHO no name - D - E-ACCD-BBAC-CB BFA BA - C WINDOWS system zihcwogj dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run c WINDOWS System O - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run c WINDOWS System O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item LimeShop Preferences - file C Program Files LimeShop System Temp limeshop script htm O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF D - B- D -A E- B CoGSManager Class - http gamingzone ubisoft com dev packages GSManager cab O - DPF B D CC-C B - A -A D-CC A F C MiniBugTransporterX Class - http download weatherbug com minibug tricklers AWS MiniBugTransporter cab O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http b f d e netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF B FB- A B- - AF - E F C cpbrkpie Control - http a g akamai net ftp coupons com v cpbrkpie cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab nbsp

A:sysytem32 folder appears

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0BE473E7-7069-72BC-578E-FE42A40DFC24} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\tkhfqixt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6D578897-447E-ACCD-BBAC-CB41BFA1BA12} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\zihcwogj.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [] c:\WINDOWS\System32\
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [] c:\WINDOWS\System32\
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.7.150/2600000290b1f7...ip/RdxIE601.cab

Close all open windows except HJT. Fix those, and re-boot.

That O16 is Netster.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sysytem32-folder-appears.193552/
Relevancy 51.17%

I get a folder appear each time I start my win XP laptop. It appears on the desktop and has the name of a folder I have deleted a few months ago that was full of mp3 files.

Any advice to find out what is causing it to reappear and how to stop it?

A:Folder appears at startup

when you say it appears do you mean it is sitting on your desktop and wont go away, or it opens itself and sits there forcing you to interact with it?
and it could be a program is using those files and as a result it keeps bringing it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-appears-at-startup.669311/