Windows Support Forum

HDD seen in BIOS and device manager but can't access it

Q: HDD seen in BIOS and device manager but can't access it

Suddenly one of my hdds dropped from windows it shows as failed in disc management and cant be reactivated from there Tho its seen in a bios boot and in device manager even says device is working properly When i checked bios i did it in ways with and w out bad hdd hooked up To hook it up i unplugged a working sata port - ST As- HDD BIOS device can't in but and manager it access seen GB and hooked problem HDD to that sata port when i rebooted into bios and checked what i seen on port was now ST AS- GB Does this seemingly point to fact this is the problem HDD being seen in bios now i decided to check Ie Device manager and it shows ata devices named ST AS so to assure myself i boot down HDD seen in BIOS and device manager but can't access it unhook problem drive and reboot now in device manager disc drives i see only one named ST AS when i re hook the problem hdd device manager shows both again So it appears device manager and bios see this HDD thats giving me nite mares i ve tried active undelete and BadCopy Pro But obv theyd fail as windows isnt seeing this drive As in my re search of last several weeks ive heard the SATA drive may be taking itself off line if Windows try to access it too much and that a sata usb bay cable s may sort me out here as im told some have had success when hooked in the traditional way a sata drive fails If this is possible i wont mind another purchase but the software has already set me back a fair bit PS ive seen the youtube video on swapping out the pcb but im also told matching a pcb is near impossible and it shows no physical damage i can see it seems a huge long shot its the pcb i also hear drive getting power and once or x i heard access noise Any further direction in this matter is appreciated Cheers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-seen-in-bios-and-device-manager-but-cant-access-it.173486/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HDD seen in BIOS and device manager but can't access it

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.95%

applied.

Sorry that last word didn't get in the subject line.

So:
http://i.imgur.com/QoSy2wX.png

These two values are:
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000&REV_0200
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000
My bios info

http://i.imgur.com/FvPQweZ.png
So should I do this:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- driver missing
When I download that zip file from under "Install the Bluetooth driver:" it has so many files to choose from.... I don't know what to do?

I've also found out that I need to disable "boot from network" or "boot from lan" in bios to get rid of this unkown device issue?

A:Unknown device in device manager after Bios default settings are

Well it might be a good idea to look at the following tutorial:

Device Manager - Finding Unknown Devices

Use the link in Step 7

Also I tend to find this tool useful:

Download Tweaking.com - Hardware Identify Portable - MajorGeeks

Right click on each result in the list for more options.

Edit: On my machine a similarly named device appears to be a webcam.

In the list USB Composite Device doesn't mean much but matching the ID seems to indicate that it's the webcam.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/346379-unknown-device-device-manager-after-bios-default-settings.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I basically just have a lot of random questions to be honest.. Probably easy for a lot of you! If you could work with me just a little bit that would be so much appreciated!

For example:
-BIOS help (x4,x1,auto for PCi) (Do I disable anything important in BIOS?)
-Device manager help (I know I could have half the devices.. So many system devices)
-Basic AV and Firewall questions (Am I okay just using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall?)
-Questions about sound devices

I have been looking at these forums for some time now. I have seen a lot of very knowledgeable people in here; and that Is what made me actually Sign up and try to be active as I can in these forums. I just need someones help for a little bit with me to work with me and explain a few things; like I said I would really appreciate it! Thank-you so much!

A:BIOS x4, x1, Auto, Gen3, etc, Device Manager device

Auto (why would you want to disable anything , what are you thinking of disabling)?
Don't worry about it
AV-Comparatives Firewall Reviews - AV-Comparatives (download the pdf for firewall tests) make up your own mind
fire away

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/48820-bios-x4-x1-auto-gen3-etc-device-manager-device.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a HP Pavilion dv us Entertainment Notebook PC I was using Home Premium bit Vista but I did a clean installation with Home Premium Vista I downloaded and & Manager Tab Audio missing BIOS missing Device from Advanced Realtek HD Manager from installed all the Realtek HD Audio Manager missing from Device Manager & Advanced Tab missing from BIOS drivers from HP s site for Vista After clean installation I am facing the following problems Realtek HD Audio Manager is missing from Device Manager Advanced tab is missing from BIOS CD DVD drive is not reading media Installed the latest Realtek driver Its showing in control panel But not showing in device manager When I checked in Device Manager sound video and game controllers only conexant audio is there realtek is missing from there Now I am unable to use my external mic and internal mic volume is very low Looked into few forums there I found Realtek HD Audio Manager missing from Device Manager & Advanced Tab missing from BIOS I need to enable my on board audio in BIOS but when I checked into my BIOS there is no ADVANCED TAB My system details are -Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium SP bit Ram GB RAM Graphics Nvidia GeForce Go System Model MCP System Type x Based PC Processor AMD Athlon X TK- dual-core processor GH BIOS Version F SMBIOS Version Please please please help me

A:Realtek HD Audio Manager missing from Device Manager & Advanced Tab missing from BIOS

I have the same OS and use Realtek. The only Realtek shown in Device Manager, Sound.... is the Realtek High Definition Audio. Are you sure you installed the 64 bit driver? The driver I have is 6.0.1.6873.

In Control Panel, DVD/CD-Rom drives, is your drive shown? Are there any problems noted?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/301158-realtek-hd-audio-manager-missing-device-manager-advanced-tab-missing-bios.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a user with Windows XP and a Dell Dimension 2400. Recently, her power supply died on her system so I replaced the power supply with another one from another 2400 machines. Now her CD-ROM drive is no longer recognized. It gets power as we can open and close it and I see the green light on it but the system does not recognize the drive anywhere. In BIOS it shows it as uninstalled. I unplugged and reseated the data cable but it is still not being recognized.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

A:CD-ROM not recognized in BIOS or Device Manager

Replace the drive. Be sure no pins are bent. Be sure the jumper is correct.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-not-recognized-in-bios-or-device-manager.896124/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,
My friend's XP machine was in a continuous start-up loop so she ordered a PC repair disk from the internet and tried to fix it, and after that didn't work she called me for help. Now I can't see the drive at all, so I slaved it to my XP machine to try to savage her data. My bios see the WD 40GB slave drive and windows device manager reconize it and says it is working properly but when I open "My Computer" I only see my "C" drive. Can anyone tell me why I can't see the slave drive so that I can remove her data? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-detected-in-bios-device-manager-but-cant-see-it.306921/
Relevancy 64.5%

Here s the situation I have hard disks On the first disk Hard gone but manager drive bios/device letter ok in I have all of my programs and the operating system On the second disk I have all of my data I did this intentionally so that I could format the first disk and preserve all of my data Hard drive letter gone but ok in bios/device manager on the second This configuration has Hard drive letter gone but ok in bios/device manager worked fine for approximately one year Yesterday I formatted the first drive and reinstalled WinXP Now I am unable to see the second hard drive in Windows Explorer The system bios recognizes the second drive Likewise when I look in device manager I am able to see the second drive There are no problems there and it is reported as working correctly I can also see the second hard drive in the Disk Management utility from XP The second drive is reported as Healthy Unknown Partition However - this disk is not available to me from Windows Explorer There s no drive letter I have tried to manually assign a drive letter but it s quot grayed out quot and is not selectable as an option The command line utility diskpart shows my drive as hidden but I am unable to unhide it Is there any way for me to get this drive back other than starting over and therefore losing my data Any ideas help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Rodney nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I just bought a new 160 WD HDD and installed it into my computer. It was foung in BIOS ok yet its name was blank.. but when i go to look for it in disk management or device manager i cannot find it anywhere. I have switched the SATA port it is plugged into on the motherboard but this hasnt helped at all. Any suggestions??

A:second hdd found in bios but not in Device manager or disk management

Likely a faulty HDD. If the drive was working properly, it would be properly recognized and identified by the BIOS. If the BIOS can't see it properly there is a fault.

Test in a different PC to verify.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-hdd-found-in-bios-but-not-in-device-manager-or-disk-management.1105313/
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm having a bunch of problems and now I can't install programs or access device manager I have recently moved and been unable to locate my windows disc yet but it's possible it's here Any help you cn provide would be greatly appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Peter Bernard at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A access Cannot Device Manager FD D FW Norton Internet Worm Protection Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS Cannot access Device Manager system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k Akamai C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Sony Shared Plug-Ins Media Manager MSSQL SONY MEDIAMGR Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology Drivers Elservice exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files W i InstallIQUpdater InstallIQUpdater exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files V CAST Media Manager MEMonitor exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Photoshop exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings Peter Bernard Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page https mail google com uWindow Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN uDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - No File BHO StumbleUpon Launcher b f -a b- b -bbac- ebebbb - c program f... Read more

A:Cannot access Device Manager

Hello Squanto,

Quote:

I'm having a bunch of problems and now I can't install programs or access device manager.

What happens when you try to open Device Manager?

What happens when you try to install a program?

What happened prior to these issues arising?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/cannot-access-device-manager-538602.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm running windows xp. It's the computer my kids use and I do have virus protection and a firewall activated. Yesterday, the display was all messed up, somehow I fixed that by scanning for viruses, (it didn't find any), running spybot, ad-aware, and scandisk. I still cannot get access to device manager. When I click on it, it looks like its coming up and then disappears. I also cannot run defragement. Please help!
Karen

A:Cannot access device manager

Try MicroSoft Spyware . This only works in XP.I used it and it uncovered several nasty little critters . acklan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/11728/cannot-access-device-manager/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello all,

I've recently had a number of problems with my computer, including slowdown and limited access to different parts of XP. By far the most annoying one is that I cannot access either the device manager or any of the options under "administrative tools" under the control panel. I am logged in as the system administrator, and have also tried the generic "administrator" tag in safe mode, with no results. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
AP

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,

I have this little problem here with my Device Manager. When I click on the icon in Control Panel, it gives me this error:

I also tried to do this another way (through the System folder) but then it gave me this error:

So how do I fix this? I had a problem that didn't allow me to download anything but torrents for a long time so now I would like to check if all my drivers are up to date..

Thank you,
Martin

A:Can't access Device Manager

See if you can access it by clicking start and in the search box type devmgmt.msc > Press enter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-access-device-manager-534738.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, i have no idea when this started happening but today i tried to go into my device manager and it gave me this error. mmc.exe - unable to locate component
This application has failed to start because apphelp.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. I get the same error when trying to access my event viewer. I have windows XP pro service pack 3.

A:can't access my device manager!

if you have your xp disc handy try going to command prompt via
start
run
command
and press enter
then type
sfc /scannow
This will look for broken microsoft windows files and replace them with ones from the disk.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360056/cant-access-my-device-manager/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine bought a 3TB Seagate SATA drive off eBay about a week ago. He has been having trouble with it since. He said at first the disk showed up in disk management but after a while stopped showing up all together. It wont show up in the BIOS, device manager, etc. His brother took it to the IT faculty at school and they said that it was marked as a server/RAID drive but didnt know how to change this or reset it.

Should this effect whether the disk is seen by the BIOS/Disk Management?
Is there any way to fix this or is this disk shot?

He contacted the seller on eBay and has yet to hear back.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40548-disk-manager-device-manager-bios-unable-see-disk.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi everyone,
Now that I've solved my shutdown problem on the 'Drivers' forums, I have come here to see if anyone could help me out with another really annoying problem I have.

When I try to access Device Manager I get an error message pop up telling me 'Class not registered', in a window titled 'Microsoft Management Console'.

This is on Windows 7 RC1. I have googled around for this problem but there were no real solutions. I'm sure someone here can help me out, I have faith!

Thanks,
Rory.

A:Unable To Access Device Manager

Quote: Originally Posted by joem

Hi everyone,
Now that I've solved my shutdown problem on the 'Drivers' forums, I have come here to see if anyone could help me out with another really annoying problem I have.

When I try to access Device Manager I get an error message pop up telling me 'Class not registered', in a window titled 'Microsoft Management Console'.

This is on Windows 7 RC1. I have googled around for this problem but there were no real solutions. I'm sure someone here can help me out, I have faith!

Thanks,
Rory.

Hm...very peculiar...have you tried using System restore to go back before the date of this problem's occurence or a repair install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/17097-unable-access-device-manager.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I can't get any sound from laptop. However in trying to follow suggested fixes, I can't access my Device Manager. I get the following message: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmcbase.DLL either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.

System Specs:
Dell Inspiron 1525
Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 2
32-Bit
Intel Premium Dual Core CPU T2370 @1.73 GHz
RAM 2GB

Any help???

A:No Sound, Can't access Device Manager

Hello Campheel and welcome to the forums

Can you do this for me please:

SFC Scan:

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. Right click on command prompt and select Run as administrator
4. In command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/281032-no-sound-cant-access-device-manager.html
Relevancy 62.35%

After uninstalling of to device access No contents manager Norton version from Windows system No access to contents of device manager unable to access contents of device manager Had explorer problems after installing Norton version and decided to uninstall Norton This however resulted in being unable to read contents of device manager Although services suggested Plug and Play is started automatically accessing device manager shows a blank screen Suggestions for alternative methods from quot Open Device Manager quot resulted to the same blank screens Apparently infected and are in need for help with cleaning out malware Plse find attached zipped attach ark and DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by HARRYG at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV BullGuard Antivirus Enabled Updated FFF - -EB E- E - B ADD C SP BullGuard Antispyware Enabled Updated EB E E - -E F - D - C E A A SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System SvcHost exe -k BullGuard Main C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows System SvcHost exe -k BullGuard Backup C Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuardBhvScanner exe C Windows System SvcHost exe -k BullGuard C Windows System SvcHost exe -k BullGuard Proxy C Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuardScanner exe C Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuardUpdate exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system CNAC RPK EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Users HARRYG AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Page URL hxxp www aldi com uStart Page hxxp www kpnvandaag nl mDefault Page URL hxxp www aldi com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c e... Read more

Relevancy 62.35%

Accessing the Device Manager in Windows amp Apple Mac Windows Me Click Start then select to How Device Solved: Access Manager Settings - gt Control Panel Select System applet then Device Manager tab Windows and Windows XP Select the Start menu at the bottom-right of your screen Choose Control Panel or Settings then Control Panel on some computers In the window that opens double-click the control panel Solved: How to Access Device Manager titled System If there is no item titled System listed in the Control Panels window click the link in the upper-left of the window titled Switch To Classic View The System Control Panel icon should now be visible to the right Double-click it to open the System Properties window At the top of the System Properties window that opens click the tab titled Hardware Then click the button labeled Device manager You will be presented with a list of all Solved: How to Access Device Manager the components installed on your computer Windows Vista Select the Start menu at the bottom-right of your screen Choose Control Panel In the window that opens double-click the control panel titled System If there is no item titled System listed in the Control Panels window click the link in the upper-left of the window titled Classic View The System Control Panel icon should now be visible to the right Double-click it to open the System Properties window At the top of the Control Panel gt System window that opens click the tab titled Hardware Then in the upper-left of the window under Tasks click the link labeled Device manager You will be presented with a list of all the components installed on your computer Alternative Control panel -- gt Hardware and sound -- gt View Hardware and Devices Windows Select Start from the bottom-right corner of your screen Choose Control Panel Select the first option called System and Security Select System In this window there should be a general overview of your computer On the left hand side there is a list and near the top is the Device Manager Click on this and it should list all the components installed on your computer Listed below other Alternatives that works in most of Windows Variants Alternative Right-click My Computer then select Properties Select the Hardware tab Click the Device Manager button Alternative Start - gt Run Windows key R - gt devmgmt msc - gt OK Alternative Type quot devmgmt msc quot into the Dos Command Prompt Alternative Device Manager is part of Computer Management which also includes Event Viewer Services Manager Disk Management and many other things Right-Click My Computer then select Manage to Solved: How to Access Device Manager start Computer Management or invoke compmgmt msc or launch it via the shortcut in Control Panel Administrative Tools Alternative Press and hold down the Windows key and press the Pause Break key -- gt Go to quot Hardware quot Tab and Click quot Device Manager quot Alternative Create a batch file bat to run Device Manager A one line entry of devmgmt msc into an ANSI text file with the extension bat suffices Alternative Instead of a batch file simply create a shortcut leading to devmgmt msc Apple MAC OS If OS Under the Apple menu select Apple System Profiler Then click on the Devices and Volumes tab If OS X Under the Apple Menu select About This Mac amp then select More Info nbsp

A:Solved: How to Access Device Manager

I voted yes, I think it's useful. Would you be so kind as to post this in the Techguy Library of Knowledge. The only criticism that I have is that I think 2, 3, 6, and 7 are a bit redundant, and it isn't really a common enough application to need a shortcut to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-access-device-manager.961045/
Relevancy 62.35%

I cant open my device manager. I was removing a virus or trying the virus is gone. I'm not sure if i deleted importaant files or what. How can i get my sound back? im using windows xp profesioal.

A:No Sound Or Access To My Device Manager

Run" System Restore" to back before the damage.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38295/no-sound-or-access-to-my-device-manager/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey the other day my anti virus sprang up with window saying it had caught something i looked at it and it said it had been quaratined so i ran the scan and let it do what it does but even since then my cd drives dont show up when i go to MY COMPUTER I checked to see if there was something wrong with the physical connection but thats not the case So i tried to uninstall the driver and then scan for them with quot Add hardware quot device CD detected....cant drives access not manager but when I click on device manager I get this message quot quot MMC cannot open the file C WINDOWS system devmgmt msc This may be because the file does not exist is not an MMC console or was created by a later version of MMC CD drives not detected....cant access device manager This may also be because you do not have sufficient access right to file quot quot I know it s not because i dont have the rights because there is only one administrator Does any one have any sugestions Or has anyone ever encountered a similar problem nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

We are unable to access our domain connected pcs' device manager and getting the attached error even after enabling Remote Registry and Plug and Play services. Windows firewall is already disabled.
Any Suggestions?
Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6d0983d3-7272-4610-b20f-8616b5052fe6/unable-to-access-device-manager-remotely?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello nbsp I had a problem today when I tried upgrading my HPDM Server to SP I tried it on another test server everything went fine On my real server though I had an error saying that the upgrade was not successful and from then I couldn't open my console it said something about credentials I uninstalled the product thinking I was only uninstalling the HP Master - repository Device Manager 4.7 access latest modifications and not the whole thing HP Device Manager 4.7 - Master repository access and after some minor problems reinstalled HPDM completely My database is on a different remote SQL Server so it's still functioning properly nbsp I started the console again and it asked me for informations on my repository I provided the informations but now I have this screen saying nbsp Verifying that remote access is aligned with Master Repository Controller Access - HP Device Manager 4.7 - Master repository access please wait nbsp and a windows with a progression bar has been running for an hour now saying Processing - Testing please wait nbsp As HP Device Manager 4.7 - Master repository access I undestand it the product is trying to check if both repositories local and remote are aligned nbsp Just for my peace of mind is it normal that this process is taking so long Or am I waiting for nothing nbsp At this point any tip or advice is appreciated nbsp Thanks nbsp Nico

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Device-Manager-4-7-Master-repository-access/td-p/5751517
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,
I've just pulled a 160Gb hard drive from a second machine with various data on it, which I want to keep. I've stuck it in my primary machine as a slave, and the BIOS recognises it no problem. It is apparently there in system, device manager, but if you look for it in Explorer it isn't there.

Looking at local disk management, my primary hard disk (0) is classified as basic (rather than dynamic), but the second drive (1) is classed as dynamic and foreign. I appear to have two options, import foreign discs, or convert to basic disc. What is the difference between the two options? And which do I do if I don't wish to lose any data?

I'm running XP SP2 etc.
Thanks,
Jonathan

A:Solved: BIOS sees additional hard drive,s o does device manager but windows explorer does not

Well I think this should help you out.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314343

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-sees-additional-hard-drive-s-o-does-device-manager-but-windows-explorer-does-not.398121/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all!

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and I want to completely deny access to Device manager in Standard (default) user account.
As I understand, Standard user has basically all administrator rights, especially with an administrator password.
I already made a full administrator account. Can this be done?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just realized these forums are for Windows 8, should I go to sevenforums.com or can I get my answer here?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75805-how-deny-access-device-manager-standard-account.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have 2 questions for you.
1.Can you tell me, how to access to device manager if i set hard disk to another computer as slave?
2.how to make network browsing faster(in local area network)because there is more than 2-5 minutes to access to another computer(in win xp)
I think your website is great!

Relevancy 60.63%

I can't access my bios, no acer log on screen appearing just a message "NO BOOTABLE DEVICE, HIT ANY KEY.. want to know how do i acces my bios

A:cant access my bios no bootable device hit any key

"NO BOOTABLE DEVICE, HIT ANY KEY"The hard drive has most likely failed - - new one required.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/cant-access-my-bios-no-bootable-device-hit-any-key/1889.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all!

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I want to completely deny access to Device manager in standard (default) user account.
As I understand, Standard user has basically all administrator rights, especially with an administrator password.
I already made a full administrator account. Can this be done?

Thank you in advance.

A:How to deny access to Device manager in standard user account?

You can do that via group policy as admin.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400629-how-deny-access-device-manager-standard-user-account.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm trying to update my computer to windows 10 and it says I need to remove "HP protect tools security Manager".I first had to remove other programs but now I can't remove the last program "HP protect tools Device Access Manager" a window pops up saying you need to be an administrator which I am on my computer. help please

Solved!
View Solution.

A:uninstall hp protect tool device access manager to remove HP...

Try this than you get an other account with full admin wrights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NiTNj1pm2o easy done and you can uninstall everything, than you should enable that account when you are finished 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/uninstall-hp-protect-tool-device-access-manager-to-remove-HP/td-p/5402255
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, I'm having trouble upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.  The installation (manual and automatic) fails due to the incompatibility of ProtectTools Security Manager (according to Microsoft). This is also described in a document I found on the HP website: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5212912&docId=emr_na-c04734799&docLocale... .Before I can uninstall ProtectTools, I need to unistall other HP tools, like Device Access Manager,... And there lies my problem: how do I uninstall Device Access manager? It's not listed under 'Programs and features'. I tried uninstall tools like CCleaner and Revo Unistaller, but they can't find it either. I have installed the latest version of ProtectTools, via the SoftPaq Download Manager and disabled all features in ProtectTools, as far as I can tell. How do I uninstall the ProtectTools suite? Best regards,Wim.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:ProtectTools Device Access Manager blocking Windows 10 upgra...

I found a way to remove it, on this website: http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Device-Access-Manager-for-HP-ProtectTools-9553-program.aspx Run: MsiExec.exe /X{55B52830-024A-443E-AF61-61E1E71AFA1B} That fixed it for me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ProtectTools-Device-Access-Manager-blocking-Windows-10/td-p/5178084
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an old HP machine and when I turn it on it does not indicate that windows is loading or even give me the option of pressing ESC or F10 to get to the BIOS. It goes straight to the desktop but I can't see the Start Menu or access programs. If I hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete, nothing happens. Any thoughts as to how I could get to the BIOS? I'd like to load LINUX on it, probably SUSE since it's an older machine.

A:Can't access Start Menu, BIOS, Task Manager, etc

If you are going to install something other than Windows...what's with BIOS, Start Menu, etc.?

When is the last time the system worked properly? When did things change?

Pertinent error messages received?

One thing I suggest...before you attempt to install any O/S, it's worth the time to run the appropriate diagnostic on the hard drive.

System model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413194/cant-access-start-menu-bios-task-manager-etc/
Relevancy 58.48%

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum A few months ago I built a new computer Had no issues with it until now I recently decided I wanted to setup multiple monitors and needed to move my tower to make more room I unplugged all the external cables moved the tower and plugged them back in It error access BIOS) Restart proper and select boot to (no device booted absolutely fine yesterday after I moved it and I didn't do very much with it small bit of gaming watching some videos and web browsing Today when I turned it on the PC will display the MSI Motherboard screen with the press F or Delete prompt before cutting to the quot Restart and select proper boot device quot error Specs are as follows to the best Restart and select proper boot device error (no access to BIOS) of my knowledge MSI Z - Gaming Motherboard GTX- Nvidia MSI Graphics Card GB RAM i K Processor x TB Hard Drives x GB SSD This has the OS and a few programs just Office and Adobe CS OS is Windows Home Premium bit So far I've checked some of the internal cables they all seem to be connected securely and the PC worked fine yesterday and hasn't been moved since I've tried unplugging all my peripherals also have a Restart and select proper boot device error (no access to BIOS) TB external HD but that doesn't help Furthermore I am UNABLE to access the BIOS Not sure what is going on but when I boot the PC the lights on my keyboard flash on momentarily before cutting out If I remove the USB and replace it so that it is almost fully in the socket then the lights stay on but in neither case does the keyboard have any functionality So I can't access the BIOS or boot menu nor can I press any key when the error appears I've tried it in several USB ports and the same thing happens in each one I've also tried another keyboard which still provided no functionality I know the keyboard work as they connect and function fine with my phone Finally I've tried putting the original disk in the drive and seeing if anything happens but it doesn't change anything So any ideas Thanks

A:Restart and select proper boot device error (no access to BIOS)

Try another method to Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. You need to be able to enter BIOS setup to check if HD is detected and work through the other steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

But it sounds like it could be a mobo problem. As a last resort try another blank HD, or wipe with Diskpart Clean Command to see if Win7 installation media will autostart as it should, Clean Install Windows 7 to see how that goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334918-restart-select-proper-boot-device-error-no-access-bios.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello!

I just bought an Tecra S3 Laptop from ebay.
I turned it on an it says "NTLDR Missing". Okay i thing the guy who sold it cleared his data from the harddisk, no problem i will install a new Windows XP.
But... now the problem.
When the Laptop iss starting up, i hold down "ESC", then press "F1" for BIOS.
Everything fine.
But i can`t go onto Page 2 of the BIOS. PGUP/PGDOWN didn`t work. I also tried it with an external keyboard.
I read the Manual (PDF) wich says "Hit F12 to go to Bootdevice Selection".
But this also din`t work.
When the laptop starts it show only for half a second the Toshiba screen, even when i hit F12.

What can i do to make the laptop boot from CD/DVD? Or how can i get into the bootscreen or BIOS Page 2?

Greetings from Germany,
Holger

A:Re: Tecra S3 - can`t access BIOS Setup Page 2 / can`t chance boot device

Start notebook and press F12 to enter boot menu.
Chose CD/DVD drive and press ENTER.

Optical disc drive will be used as first bootable device.

You can also try with C button.

Put bootable disc into disc drive, start your notebook and press C key several times. This will force ODD to be first bootable device.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60912-Re-Tecra-S3-can-t-access-BIOS-Setup-Page-2-can-t-chance-boot-device
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello!

I just bought an Tecra S3 Laptop from ebay.
I turned it on an it says "NTLDR Missing". Okay i thing the guy who sold it cleared his data from the harddisk, no problem i will install a new Windows XP.
But... now the problem.
When the Laptop iss starting up, i hold down "ESC", then press "F1" for BIOS.
Everything fine.
But i can`t go onto Page 2 of the BIOS. PGUP/PGDOWN didn`t work. I also tried it with an external keyboard.
I read the Manual (PDF) wich says "Hit F12 to go to Bootdevice Selection".
But this also din`t work.
When the laptop starts it show only for half a second the Toshiba screen, even when i hit F12.

What can i do to make the laptop boot from CD/DVD? Or how can i get into the bootscreen or BIOS Page 2?

Greetings from Germany,
Holger

A:Tecra S3 - can`t access BIOS Setup Page 2 / can`t chance boot device

Start notebook and press F12 to enter boot menu.
Chose CD/DVD drive and press ENTER.

Optical disc drive will be used as first bootable device.

You can also try with C button.

Put bootable disc into disc drive, start your notebook and press C key several times. This will force ODD to be first bootable device.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60912-Tecra-S3-can-t-access-BIOS-Setup-Page-2-can-t-chance-boot-device
Relevancy 53.32%

Two of my USB external Hard drives a Fantom GB and a Western Digital My Book GB cannot be seen in My Computer I can see them Computer Manager External & Manager drives Device but in show not Disk in Device Manager and that says that they are working properly and the drivers are up to Date In Disk Manager the external drives had a black bar unlike the other drives which had blue bars The external disks had a number assigned to them but no letter I have tried diskpart in the command prompt was able to External drives show in Device Manager & Disk Manager but not Computer assign a letter then had to format the drives and they did show up in My computer as valid empty external hard drives with the correct amount of space on them But when I tried to recover the backed up data for one of the disks less than a External drives show in Device Manager & Disk Manager but not Computer third of the capacity of either drive they went back to not being recognized by My Computer ans in disk manager had a black line with no letter again I just went through that process again got both drives back and tried to recover the backed up files to my Fantom drive and lost the Fantom drive once again I am attaching screen shots of my current My Computer Computer in Device Manager and Disk Manager In Device Manager you can see the Fantom The My Book is the WD AAV In Disk Manager the My Book shows healthy External drives show in Device Manager & Disk Manager but not Computer with Disk and the letter L The Fantom is Disk with no letter and a black bar In My computer the My Book is there but not the Fantom Any ideas for this I am about to just recover my computer to factory setup and start new I have saved all my important files and mail to the newer Toshiba Canvio Thanks in advance Dick

A:External drives show in Device Manager & Disk Manager but not Computer

Hi Dick1030,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please do as follows:

1. It is unusual for the System Reserved Partition to have a drive letter. Please remove the drive letter.

2. Please remove (always Safely Remove) all the external drives including any card reader and do a drive cleanup as indicated here. http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298744-usb-thumb-drives-not-recognised-not-drive-letter.html#post2477076 It will clean your system of all non-present devices and you will be starting with a clean slate.(Incidentally this can resolve many drive letter assignment confusion of Windows OS, as you can see in the referenced thread.)

3. After you reboot on completion of the drive cleanup, plugin only your WD My Book and the Fantom drive. As you plug-in the driver for each device will be installed ab-initio. You can watch it.

4. Now take a screenshot of the Disk Management and post. While taking the screenshot, click on "Show/Hide Console Tree” and “Show/Hide Action Pane” buttons on the toolbar on top to hide those and also pull up the center partition line up as much as possible so that we get a clear and full view.

5. Also tell us whether you are sure that you had formatted the Fantom drive and it contains data and whether you want to recover the data..

(Your statements and the screenshots are so confusing - atleast to me - it is necessary that you do the above and restate the problem.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302717-external-drives-show-device-manager-disk-manager-but-not-computer.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Yesterday, I started a download and kept the pc on with my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex External HDD 1TB plugged in. After I woke up I realized that there was a power cut and the computer went off unexpectadly (I had no UPS or any backup system).And, I found that my Ext HDD was not seen in my computer anymore (It was working perfectly until before I went to bed).
In device manager, under 'Disks' it shows 'GoFlex Hard Disk', but in BIOS or Disk Manager there is no sign of this HDD.

I really need the data in the HDD badly. Please help me recover it.
P.S. I read somewhere that keeping the HDD in freezer might help and give a little more time. Is that true? Worth the risk?

A:External HDD gets detected in Device Manager but not Disk Manager or seen in 'My Computer'

Power outage probably killed something in the enclosure or its PSU. The drive in the enclosure is probably fine. I would remove the drive from the enclosure and put it in a dock or install it in a desktop computer before considering freezing it. Freezing is usually reserved for click of death drives, and a last ditch effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-gets-detected-in-device-manager-but-not-disk-manager-or-seen-in-my-computer.201343/
Relevancy 52.46%

I m trying to fix an hp pavillion dv and No installed devices audio device show wont in error Device Manager nr laptop running windows vista home premium It has the little red No audio device installed error and devices wont show in Device Manager x on the speaker in the lower right hand corner The owner said it has been there for some months I have tried downloading the current audio drivers for the computer but every time I try to install the driver I get an error that says the device couldn t be found The first time i restarted the computer after the driver installation failed the audio came back and worked fine until I had to restart the computer Now I keep getting the same error and nothing i have found so far online has helped There are no yellow triangles in the device manager and the device list isn t showing the category for quot sound video and gaming etc quot at all Please help I did a search but the other threads didn t solve this problem for me Thanks in advance

A:No audio device installed error and devices wont show in Device Manager

I see three different audio driver packages at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...ct=3646926#N661.You need to find the right one to install. If you install one and the system doesn't work properly...please uninstall it before trying the next one.Installing the wrong one won't do anything harmful to your system...it just won't do any good to leave it installed.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342832/no-audio-device-installed-error-and-devices-wont-show-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 52.46%

Dell Vostro 1400, Core2Duo. Installed Windows 7 64 bit a year and a half ago. For those not familiar, the Vostro is not entirely compatible with 64 bit, so the drivers are a little hit and miss.

Computer runs slow sometimes, has since the install. I don't think I've ever seen the yellow triangles before, but I may have never looked at the device manager ... the computer is a secondary machine in the house.

My question is, do these indicate a performance problem or can I ignore them and assume the computer is working as best it can?

A:Base system device, core processors yellow triangle in device manager

please check out this webpage. it may help you to get started: Device Manager - yellow exclamation point

The yellow icons showing an exclamation point can indicate missing or improper drivers. The system does not seem to recognizing your hardware. Hope this gets you started.

ranger72

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365819-base-system-device-core-processors-yellow-triangle-device-manager.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Malware Specialist Globalroot\Device causing device empty and manager? print? audio No I started out in the quot Globalroot\Device causing empty device manager? No audio and print? Am I infected quot Forum and a junior specialist sent me here to get further help here is the link to the logs I ran for him http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page p hl polarsnowfall fromsearch entry For several days I have been trying to complete the preliminary steps required by this forum I can not back up to windows microsoft program Backup Configuration not valid X but hopefully the two other programs I used were successful namely cobaine and driveimage At the end of the driveimage session it frozen and there was quot Globalroot device quot followed by various endings Then it completed and said finished Also it went to blue screen the firsttime I tried to run GMER and rebooted The main problems of slow programs from startup no devices in device manager no audio device and no printing capability began after I ran some kids software games that kinda of frozen the computer although I believe whatever is making my computer upset has been there for awhile and may have something to do with remnants of roxio and other shared folders In services it says quot Configuration Manager machine selected for remote communication is not available at this time quot Yesterday Reliablity Performance Monitor stated failed system services audio srv EMDMGmt Mccicm service Shared Access ICS SysMain Tapisrv Wudfsvc and LanmanWorkstation and Printing Device Status Failed Security center has not recorded an antivirus product Ok so back to the logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by member at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS AdpPlugins DQLWinService exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor SSDK exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files Athan Athan exe C Program Files Cobian Backup cbVSCService exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows... Read more

A:Globalroot\Device causing empty device manager? No audio and print?

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428519/globalrootdevice-causing-empty-device-manager-no-audio-and-print/
Relevancy 52.46%

Model is Acer Aspire One D270.
Internal bluetooth doesn't work.
Nothing in device manager.
Fn+F3 is meant to control it, but doesn't.
May be because I've messed with some programs.
Trying to re-install to factory settings.
Any suggestions at all?

thanks
D:

edit: The machine is Win7 baby (starter?), x86_32.

A:Bluetooth device not in device manager, no hardware switch, Acer netbk

What programs did you remove or mess with? Have you tried repairing these programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261938-bluetooth-device-not-device-manager-no-hardware-switch-acer-netbk.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, i have an Inspiron 17R, the webcam used to work but now it does not!
Showing not found
Going into the device manager the imput device tag is not there.
Help!
Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989930
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,
My integrated speakers and audio port do not seem to be working. It happened after I was playing around with bluetooth trying to get that to work. Now only bluetooth is able to connect. 
So far I have tried:
System restore
Deleting and redownloading audio drivers
Adding legacy hardware for Realtek
ePSA test was able to hear the tones
The audio logo has a red X through it and only the bluetooth headphones drivers appear in device manager. Any ideas what might be the issue and how to solve them? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19991757
Relevancy 52.46%

I had some trouble last night and today with getting rid of a virus. Now that it is gone, I am having sound problems (maybe related, maybe not). This morning, when I opened iTunes I got a message that there was no audio device detected. After trying several things, I rebooted. Magically, I could play music again. However, a short while later, I again got an error message telling me that there is no audio device found, even though it shows up in Device Manager as working properly. The problem goes away for a short time after I reboot, but returns. It is Realtek AC 97. Why won't my computer keep recognizing it?

(It tried going to Realtek's site to download an update. It has updates for Windows 98, 95, etc., but not for XP. Or at least I couldn't find it.)

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector Working - Front USB Device not Device" Ports "Unknown in Manager from the front of my GX case I Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don't really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as Unknown Device within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I've already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it's just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable I've tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I've tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I've ensured Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection As a result I'm inclined to think this is a Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager driver issue rather than a hardware issue Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

If your motherboard has a 1x pcie slot you can get a card like this...

Here

Some motherboards it's a tight fit because of the video card taking up space. In that case you can relocate the above card with this...

Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597934/front-usb-ports-not-working-unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Toshiba laptop model L -ES I had Windows Home Premium bit installed on here but decided to reformat my hard drive using Windows Devices in Device Device Unknown Hidden Manager/Show Ultimate bit After the reformat was finished I ran Windows Update and it found several items to download and install for me I noticed that it also found optional items to download and install for me so after all the important updates installed I ran the optional updates After all of this installed I checked Device Manager to see if there were any errors and I found nothing I assumed everything was fine I decided to check Devices and Printers and Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices under my laptop icon there was a yellow icon with an exclamation point on it I decided to run the troubleshooting option when I right-clicked the icon it gave me a solution to download a Toshiba password utility program so I did that and nothing happened even after restart Same Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices icon appeared When I clicked on the icon a second time I noticed that the model of my computer at the bottom of this window changed from L to TIAS I have no idea what this is I decided to do another reformat on my hard drive This time I ignored the optional updates I checked Devices and Printers again the same icon appeared but the model of my computer said L like it should There is something in the optional updates that is changing this Could it be the Intel chipset driver that the optional update is pushing I'm not sure I went back to Device Manager this time I clicked View and put a checkmark next to Show hidden devices and I found it In Other devices it says unknown device After right-clicking on this and checking the driver details I got a hardware ID that says ACPI TOS I did some research and was told that it could be my Intel chipset so I went to Intel and their website did an automatic scan of my system It found a few things so I installed them and rebooted the laptop Doing this did not fix the problem Is there a way to figure out what this device is It doesn't seem to be hindering my laptop but being a perfectionist it is really bothering me One thing I wanted to add could it be a USB device I noticed that I do not have my media card reader drivers installed but yet when I put a media card in it reads it just fine or maybe the USB camera installed on the lid of the laptop After checking my imaging device it looks to be installed has to be something

A:Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices

Hi there ... You should Install the chipset Driver and also the Realtek Driver for your card Reader ... From the Toshiba website ... The Link is provided below

Satellite L505-ES5018 – Windows 7 32 and 64-bit Drivers Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/296520-unknown-device-device-manager-show-hidden-devices.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everybody.

I just bought myself a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 yesterday. After installing the card and the required drivers everything works like a charm. However, every time I start up my PC I get a message saying that a new device has been found on my system. On checking Device Manager I found an "Unknown device" entry under "Other devices".

I'm attaching a screenshot of Device Manager.

Are there any drivers I'm missing? It only happened after removing my old card (after uninstalling all its drivers) and installing the Radeon.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager After Installing Radeon HD 4890

I have a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 (I also have a Gigabyte 4890 and XFX 4890 in two other PCs). I think you need to install the latest ATI Catalyst Suite. You may have installed the driver only package. Anyway, I think it has to do with the HDMI capabilities of the card. High def sound is built into the card (the HD part of the card name) and the HD sound driver is part of the Catalyst Suite. When you use an HDMI cable to an appropriate display, HD sound is also transmitted through the same cable from the Radeon graphics card.

Of course, be sure to install .NET Framework 2.0 as it is required before you can install the full Catalyst Suite. The HD sound driver won't install without it. At least I had trouble before I installed .NET 3.5. I went to Windows Update and installed .NET Framework 3.5. 2.0 is included in that update and 2.0 wasn't available separately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-in-device-manager-after-installing-radeon-hd-4890.140044/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have installed the correct driver for this belkin bluetooth usb dongle model F T XX but in device manager it has the belkin device and microsoft bluetooth enumerator which is great but when u get further down the list it has a tab named quot other devices quot and then a subtab with quot bluetooth peripheral device quot which has an exclemation mark on it i have searched for driver software using the update service but it cant find no update i have looked for the name of the manufacturer but found nothing i then disabled the unknown device and sent a picture to my mobile phone which confirmed that it was not the belkin bluetooth device so i uninstalled the one multiple only manager, device device installed????? but in bluetooth devices unknown device restarted the computer then when i logged in it said that it had found a new device and wanted me to find the CD that came with it i would be greatful if any could help me on this thanks in advance

A:multiple bluetooth devices in device manager, but only one device installed?????

What type of keyboard have you got?
Have you got any remote control devices around.
Have you got a headset for your phone.
Have you got anything that may be bluetooth that you dont know about (headphones etc).
Have you had a look at ghost devices on the tutorials;
Ghost Devices & Drivers

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/184025-multiple-bluetooth-devices-device-manager-but-only-one-device-installed.html
Relevancy 52.46%

How do i figure out what driver or even component windows wants software for when in the device manager under other devices it lists an unknown device and windows update cannot find anything.

Oh and is it appropriate for me to use this topic to ask another question regarding explorer.exe as while i am inside a folder i delete (by choosing delete from the context menu in the tree view) while inside that folder on this particular laptop PC explorer. always crashes, collect information, sends it and restarts explorer. I have not experienced this problem on any other pc running any version of windows 7, oh and the same happened with build 7264 x32 and the current install of build 7600 x64.

A:Device Manager reports Unknown Device & explorer crash

Please fill up the System specs...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/19058-device-manager-reports-unknown-device-explorer-crash.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Not sure which forum category I Driver / Does Why Reinstall via Problems Uninstall Fix Device Device a Manager should use thus using software for Driver Problems Various times to fix a device you can go into Device Manager and uninstall the driver go to top of page click on Actions and click on Search For New Devices I am under the impression this will uninstall the device driver then reinstall the exact same driver code Why does this work It appears that the exact same code is now reinstalled and many times fixes a problem I have used this technique on mouse driver internet driver keyboard driver THis is a good and easy first process to try and make a quick fix Again I am just trying to figure out why it works - Why Does Uninstall / Reinstall a Device Driver via Device Manager Fix Problems I know I am missing something As an ex-programmer trying to figure out why the same code now will work when it had stopped working Why or under what circumstances does the driver code stop working and then why does a reinstall of it at times lets it start working again

A:Why Does Uninstall / Reinstall a Device Driver via Device Manager Fix Problems

The drivers can become corrupted, which is why a re-install will fix the problems.As to how they get corrupted, that's anyone's guess...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522874/why-does-uninstall-reinstall-a-device-driver-via-device-manager-fix-problems/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having an issue where my DVD/CD RW has a code 19 error in device manager. The drive still works as I used it to boot a Windows CD and run a startup repair to see if that found anything. I tried uninstalling the drive and then scanning and it failed to install the drive. I also tried uninstalling the drive and rebooting, but it wouldn't install. Any suggestions?

A:Device Manager Code 19 Error for HP CDDVDW TS-H653T ATA Device

I fixed the issue by doing what this Microsoft Support Article said: The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/277793-device-manager-code-19-error-hp-cddvdw-ts-h653t-ata-device.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All, after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my HP TrueVision HD intergrated camera is not working. I visited the HP site to download the drivers and could not find any for Windows 10 for HP Pavilion dv6. I also cannot find the imaging link in my Device Manger. Please help/provide the suitable links to the drivers or your expertize to activate my intergrated camera.. Thanks in advance..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Imaging-device-missing-from-device-manager-and-built-in/td-p/5818377
Relevancy 52.03%

Okay here is the sort version I have laptop hard HD device, IDE of device recognition from but laptop No manager it sees USB a drives No recognition of laptop HD from a USB IDE device, but device manager sees it that I wanted to access and purchased an IDE USB device to do so Two of the were recognized under the quot my computer quot icon as a seperate hard drive and I was able to interact with them just fine The last one is a different story No recognition of laptop HD from a USB IDE device, but device manager sees it The hard drive powers up I can hear it spinning Windows recognizes it in the device manager as the quot fugitsu quot hard drive and model number It is also recognized under the USB section of the Device Manager as a quot mass storage Device quot The problem is there is no icon under my computer to access the drive I checked the manufatures website for trouble shooting and fAQ s to no avail I also tried the laptoprepairguys website and somebody else had a similar problem with no follow up I also tried to use command line prompt to access the drive and wasnt able to find it Since it is being read in the device manager i am assuming there has GOT to be a way to get into it Does anyone have any suggestions I have a bunch of old files on here i want to extract Any help is greaty appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-recognition-of-laptop-hd-from-a-usb-ide-device-but-device-manager-sees-it.558534/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a couple of devices that I want to remove that are listed under msinfo32.exe, but aren't listed under the Device Manager? How would I go about removing these?

A:How do you remove a device listed in Msinfo, but not in Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-remove-a-device-listed-in-msinfo-but-not-in-device-manager.317964/
Relevancy 52.03%

touchpad totally not fuctioning
mice and other pointing device is missing in my device manager after i install windows 8.1 in my acer E5-411 i cant use my touch pad even i finished install synaptics drivers 
 its so frustrating so many times i tried different options still it didnt work

need some expert opinion about this one

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6aed0d4d-693c-4a46-844d-d9aaa682f6cc/mice-and-other-pointing-device-missing-in-device-manager?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Team, Please help me to resolve a problem, I've one unknown device in device manager I've tried to update drivers but issue didn't reolve after it. Can you help me to figure out what is this unknown device.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unknown-Device-in-Device-Manager-Pavilion-p252tx/td-p/5612334
Relevancy 52.03%

This 2 device drivers are missing ...2 codes are listed bellow. 1.     USB\VID_138A&PID_003F&REV_0104    USB\VID_138A&PID_003F  2.     ACPI\HPQ6007    *HPQ6007

A:missing Drivers from "other device" showed by device manager

On your Support page. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swItemId=ob_164537_1&swEnvOid=405... http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swItemId=ob_164558_1&swEnvOid=405... http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swItemId=ob_152184_1&swEnvOid=405...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/missing-Drivers-from-quot-other-device-quot-showed-by-device/td-p/5652856
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i would like to know
i would like to enable or disable a device from device manager without opening device manger is there maybe a script or a shortcut

A:shortcut to enable or disable device in device manager

Quote:
DevCon (Devcon.exe), the Device Console, is a command-line tool that displays detailed information about devices on computers running Windows. You can use DevCon to enable, disable, install, configure, and remove devices.
DevCon runs on Microsoft Windows 2000 and later versions of Windows.

I haven't tried it myself but with DevCon(Windows Device Console) you should be able to do that. You don't have to install the WDK as that page says. Here's a solution to extract only devcon.exe from the installer:
Where to find DevCon.exe - The Deployment Guys - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

And here's examples of how to use it: Device Console (DevCon.exe) Examples (Windows Drivers)

Let us know how it goes or if you need help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/355280-shortcut-enable-disable-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 52.03%

What should be happening: I plug in my headset to my controller on my windows 7 x64 PC (wired controller)
and sound comes out of the headset and not the computer

What is happening: No new device shows in device manager underneath sound video and game controllers audio

Problem: not able to use headphones on my controller

How do i solve this problem? When I restart my computer or "scan for new hardware devices" nothing happens and i dont get a headset audio device showing up

And it also doesnt appear in volume control icon > right click > playback devices
so i cant enable it there even when (show hidden/disabled devices) is enabled.

A:Xbox One Headset Device not detected in device manager

Hi realflow100,

what USB port are you plugging in the Headset in? I've noticed that sometimes depending on if you plug the headset in a USB2 or 3 port matters for some devices.

What is the audio driver you have for the moment, if you haven't got the latest here is the Acer support download page for your PC:
Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

Cheers
Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/387529-xbox-one-headset-device-not-detected-device-manager.html
Relevancy 52.03%

If you have ever wanted to change that boring quot HID-compliant Mouse quot title to something more descriptive this tutorial is for you The name of any device can be modified with this method and can help you organize TUTORIAL: to Manager Device How in names change device your devices better in Device Manager First open Device Manager by opening a run prompt Windows Key R and typing devmgmt msc You can also access the Device Manager via the Control Panel Next find the device that you want to change the name of Since I want to change the name of my quot HID-compliant Mouse quot I will look for that The devices are organized nicely into categories so you shouldn't have any issues finding the right one Right click on the device and select Properties Then go to the Details tab and pick quot TUTORIAL: How to change device names in Device Manager Driver key quot TUTORIAL: How to change device names in Device Manager from the dropdown list Copy the value by right clicking it and selecting quot Copy quot Open the Registry Editor by opening a run prompt and typing regedit Grant administrator privileges if prompted to do so Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE TUTORIAL: How to change device names in Device Manager gt SYSTEM gt ControlSet gt Enum Right click on the Enum key and select quot Permissions quot On the screen that appears click quot Add quot In the quot Enter the object names to select quot text field type the name of the user currently logged into the computer For instance my username is quot Brandon quot so I type Brandon and press the quot Check Names quot box If entered correctly the rest will be filled out for you automatically Click OK to exit that screen Still on the permissions page click quot Advanced quot then navigate to the quot Owner quot tab Select the current user of the computer as the owner and tick the quot Replace owner on subcontainers and objects quot checkbox Click Apply and then OK a few times to exit those windows Still on the permissions page left click your username to select it then tick the checkbox titled quot Full Control quot Click quot Apply quot If done properly you have just given yourself permissions to edit Enum and all of its subkeys Back in Regedit left click on the quot Enum quot key to select it Then press CTRL F to open the search prompt Paste the driver key you copied earlier and search The search should take you to the properties of the device you want to edit Right click on a blank space and select New gt String Value Name this string quot FriendlyName quot without the quotations Double-click on the FriendlyName variable to modify it In the textfield type the name you want your device to have Go back to Device Manager and go to Action gt Scan for hardware changes If you followed these steps properly the device should now be renamed Thanks and best of luck If you have any questions or comments regarding this customization post a reply to this thread

A:TUTORIAL: How to change device names in Device Manager

Wow, thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/15321-tutorial-how-change-device-names-device-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When I disable the network controller in Device Manager, the controller is disabled but nothing changes in Device Manager to identify the device as being disabled. When I used to do the same thing in Windows XP, the device icon turned yellow.

Is there some setting to identify disabled devices in Win 7's Device Manager?

Thanks,
Sky (Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit)

A:How to identify disabled device in Device Manager

A black arrow next to a the device in Device manger in Windows 7 shows that your device is disabled. Yet another way to verify that the hardware is disabled is by checking the device status in Device Manager. Disabled devices generally return a Code 22 error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211045-how-identify-disabled-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have often wondered if this is the way to go to update a driver VIA device manager.
Don't select install automatically instead select "Don't search I will choose
the driver to install. Usually one is found but when selecting "install automatically
I have never had an updated driver found.

A:Updating device driver through Device Manager

usually if I don't have the disk, I just go to http://www.pcidatabase.com/ and find it there...about the only time that site has let me down was an ancient dell lapper with some archaic sound driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-device-driver-through-device-manager.1064590/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a problem I seen not to be able to find a fix for, I have a yellow ? in device manager Other devices PCI Device

in PCL device properties I hve

---device typw other devices
----manufacture unknown
---location pci bus 0, device 6 function 1
---device status the divers for this device are not installed (code 28)- to reinstall the driver for this device reinstall driver--- )) well that the problem I do not know what it is__
----resource seting this device is not useing any resources because it has a problem

--- device instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0371&SUBSYS_72601462&REV_A2\3&267A616A&0&31

A:yellow ? in device manager Other devices PCI Device

What doesn't work? Do you have a modem that is not installed? If so, and you don't use it, it doesn't matter.

How about sound? Do you have a high-definition audio controller? Working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yellow-in-device-manager-other-devices-pci-device.704161/
Relevancy 50.74%

Does anybody know what this device does. It's located under SCSI and RAID Controller, it's called AWFOEXCS IDE Controller. I have no idea what the hell is that.

A:Unknown device shown in device manager

I've seen those on the Media Center edition of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-shown-in-device-manager.151946/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hell all, I am hoping someone could help me. I can't seem to find out what driver will remedeate the "Other devices" section in device manager. It just gives a name of BCM20702A0. The only thing I can get from the hardware id is USB\VID\0A5C$PID_221E6&REV_0112. I downloaded the whole driver package for the purpose of creating driver packs in SCCM, as this is our method of imaging.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Mystery device (BCM20702A0) in Device Manager

'afternoon.

could you post all the Hardware Id lines from the Property sheet in Device Manager, please?

thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Mystery-device-BCM20702A0-in-Device-Manager/td-p/907261
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a feeling that this is simply a case of some registry settings which need adding/modifying/deleting but exactly which ones and what values I do not know.
I suspect that the registry settings affected are under the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

The machine is a Dell Optiplex GX260. The device is a Hitachi-LG Data Storage CD-ROM, Model GCR-8481B. The OS is Windows XP SP1.

No, I haven't tried re-installing XP.

Thanks in hopeful anticipation.

A:XP - CD Device with Yellow Icon in Device Manager

Have you tried uninstalling it in Device Manager, rebooting and allowing XP tro redetect it? Has it ever worked or is this part of a new installation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-cd-device-with-yellow-icon-in-device-manager.305447/
Relevancy 50.74%

Today I was installed windows 7 Professional (64 bit) but there is no wireless connection or bluetooth. I tried to install driver software for both wireless & bluetooth device which is (Mediatek) ralink, but no result>>> there is no yellow sign in the device manager as well. There is no wireless adapter shown in the network & sharing option also...... Thanks in Advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wirless-amp-Bluetooth-Device-in-the-Device-Manager/td-p/5771318
Relevancy 50.74%

This problem started between noon and PM on Friday My Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller device which allows me to connect to the Internet via LAN from device missing HP Pavilion device - dv3 manager Ethernet cable stopped appearing in the Device Manager window Furthermore the only place where my computer can find the device is in MSInfo exe Name Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller HP Pavilion dv3 - LAN device missing from device manager Adapter Type HP Pavilion dv3 - LAN device missing from device manager Not Available Product Type Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Installed Yes PNP Device ID Not Available Last Reset PM Index Service Name RTL IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available NOTE The Driver line was NOT FOUND in this entry indicating that the driver is either missing or the system can no longer find it I am able to connect via wireless though my signal strength with the nearest hotspot is out of bars at its best Could you send me a direct download link for the driver installation software that works best for my system I have an HP Pavilion dv - us machine running Windows Home Premium x Processor is AMD Turion x -bit

A:HP Pavilion dv3 - LAN device missing from device manager

This is the driver from HP's site for Win 7 x64:

Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E Ethernet NIC Driver HP Pavilion dv3-1075us Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Bill

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145501-hp-pavilion-dv3-lan-device-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Alright, so here's the scoop. I recently formatted my computer into xp and updated it to sp3, but in the programs (aida64 among them) I was using to search for drivers it said that my sound device was outdated (Soundmax High Definition audio integrated device I think) and so I installed Soundmax's latest driver/ program. Yet that made the sound scratchy or added a fuzz to the sound that wasn't there before. I tried going back to a restore point but that didn't work so I disabled the device in Device Manager. Now the device doesn't even appear in the Manager, even after re installing the chipset and the program. Does this warrant a belarc report to be solved?
Any help would be much appreciated and thank you for your time.

Unfortunately the duke of flukes wasn't lucky this time.

A:Sound device disabled, now gone from device Manager

Try running Everest and have it create a report and then attach that to your next post.

Download link is available in my signature.

Is this an OEM computer or custom built? If OEM - Make & Model would be helpful.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-device-disabled-now-gone-from-device-manager-573134.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone, I hope you could give me some clue that may have caused the appearance of an unknown device. All information here : An unknown device appears

First, That was solved by uninstalling and rebooting, did not appear anymore. But as I said in the previous topic, that solution does not leave me entirely peaceful.
Since when searching for information on the issue, some say it may be a virus. But also by the HWMonitor. I prefer it was caused by HWMonitor instead of a virus.

Can give me a hand to remove my doubts about whether it was caused by a virus or not.

I scanned all the PC with ESET 6 and nothing.

Thank you for your time and help

A:Unknown device In device manager, by a virus ?

Quote: Originally Posted by 3Colors

Can give me a hand to remove my doubts about whether it was caused by a virus or not.

Sure, lets begin:

1.) Download herdprotect: (choose the portable version)

Download herdProtect - Free Anti-Malware Platform

2.) Run the scan.

3.) When the scan finishes, save the results per the screenshot below. Then upload the log here.

DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING YET. I will advise if anything needs removed when I receive the log.

Attached Images

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/333457-unknown-device-device-manager-virus.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I have an M-Audio midi-uno and it isn't popping up anywhere in windows it plugs in via usb When I plug it in a light on the device turns on and slowly flashes on midi device manager in appearing not device off When I plug it into my piano and play notes the indicator lights that show key presses flash on off Yet when I load up mixcraft it doesn't show the device Device manager doesn't show the device in Sound game and video controllers I do click refresh devices I've tried adding the device and using the troubleshooters M-audio says midi device not appearing in device manager the device shouldn't need drivers Yet I found my w laptop needed the drivers Their website has w driver midi device not appearing in device manager downloads but they aren't actually w drivers They do not have drivers for w it's just the w driver I know there's nothing wrong with the device i've used it for the last weeks playing the harp auxiliary Piano in a musical it was plugged into my laptop my desktop obviously is more powerful than my laptop and I would rather use my piano in a system that doesn't lag I've contacted m-audio support and they didn't say much Try plugging into usb Try testing to make sure the device works Does anyone know anything else I can try Other than waiting for M-audio to release w drivers that will never come out because windows has no support for midi Maybe some tool that I don't know about Link to the device M-AUDIO - Uno - -In -Out USB Bus-Powered MIDI Interface System specs Windows mobo H m-Plus ram gb corsair white lp cpu i - gpu psu corsair silent watt case corsair D

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/37468-midi-device-not-appearing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello there I have an HP dv notebook which about an year ago began having not Wireless Device showing on Manager device serious screen problems It went black and nothing made it come back even though Windows still booted sounds came up and everything After almost an year repairing and Intel motherboards later the technician found out the problem was on the dedicated graphics card memory and put an AMD motherboard on my notebook which didn't have dedicated graphics memory anymore So now my notebook is recognized by HP automatic product detection as Wireless device not showing on Device Manager a dv us one Plus my graphics card is now shown as a GeForce Go I bought it as a GeForce GS Since then the PC has been working flawlessly except for now Last night I was using the notebook turned it off and went to sleep Now I turned it on once again it simply can't detect the wireless device It's like it doesn't exists I never changed the position of the notebook or anything to say the card moved or something internally I check the Device Manager and there's no sign of the adapter It only shows the local ethernet adapter wired connection working flawlessly as I'm writing right now from it and bluetooth adapter And yes the light on the wireless switch on my notebook is blue which means turned on I tried putting it to off orange and then on again blue but it doesn't works All that happens is that windows quot disconnected quot sound like when you remove an USB device when I turn it off I have tried downloading the drivers from HP support webpage but it also doesn't work Not even automatic hardware detection detects it I have no idea what to do Please please someone give me an useful tip for this one Thanks

A:Wireless device not showing on Device Manager

Weird one. Could u try a system restore to a previous good working state? Given all that you've done -- correctly -- I wonder if the internal wireless card is simply kaput? Could you perhaps purchase a usb wireless dongle such as:
http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7718...3328140&sr=1-3

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83515-wireless-device-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all The from Manager Adapter' Device 'Device (XP) missing quot Display adapter quot option is missing from my Device Manager I did re-install the OEM driver but it didn t help I am mystified as to how to get it to show up I would like to install a new video card and I suspect I must first resolve this software problem 'Device Adapter' missing from Device Manager (XP) already tried the card with no luck I had made some tweaks to WinXP some 'Device Adapter' missing from Device Manager (XP) months ago in an effort to optimize it I don t remember what I did but I suspect that might have something to do with it I have looked through Microsoft and HP Compaq support sites with no luck Any info I found seems to talk about using the Display Adapter to make changes not how to revive it My stock video drivers are loaded and working Again I just don t know how to get Display Adapter to re-appear and working in Device Manager I ran a diagnostic app called AIDA Here are screen grabs of my Windows Devices Physical Devices Device Resources Windows Video Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this issue Any and all suggestions are appreciated My System Specs WinXP Home Ed SP installed System Compaq Presario SR NX Processor AMD Athlon XP Processor Speed MHz BIOS KM RAM MB Video Controller VIA S G UniChrome Graphics Video Memory on board MB Cheers Mark nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I've just upgraded my 6 year old computer from Win XP to Win 7.

In Device Manager, there is an item with a yellow caution under Other Devices called "PCI Input Device". The Device Properties indicates Code 28. I searched both the Internet and the computer but couldn't find a driver.

I ran Belarc Advisor and didn't see any hardware errors.

There doesn't seem to be any more specific clues regarding the component causing this error and there also doesn't seem to be any hardware that isn't working. (at least not that I have found)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this problem?

A:PCI Input Device - Code 28 in Device Manager

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Go to the Unknown Device in the Device Manager .. Select it then Right click on it and select property's then select Details and Post back the hardware's id it will be PCI some thing ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/318761-pci-input-device-code-28-device-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera.

But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices.
Where in Win10 can I enable and disable webcams?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52849-cant-find-webcam-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

PC running Vista home premium has problems with the DVD device. Error code 19 below:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. To fix this problem you should uninstall and then reinstall the hardware device. (Code 19)"

please help!! is there a fix for this?

anxiousely awaiting your reply. Thank you,

Greta Lovejoy

A:Device Manager error 19 problem with DVD device

One of these may help:1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.or...2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060Restart computer.or...3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patchDouble click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.Accept registry merge.Restart computer.or...4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.You'll see two items:- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309900/device-manager-error-19-problem-with-dvd-device/
Relevancy 50.74%

i cant install nvidia drivers " this graphics driver could not find compatible graphic hardware", and i can't see my nvidia card on the device manager, and can't get the hardware ID, it looks like my laptop doesn't have this graphic card installed.
my latop is:
ASUS - K52JC

2 graphics card, intel shared, and separated nvidia ( 310m cuda - 1GB )

i tried to follow this procedure, Fix Latest nVidia Mobility Driver to Fit Your Notebook

but couldn't find device ID, because it is not listed on device manager,
pleaaaaase help !!!!!

A:My Nvidia device is not listed in Device manager

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look here: http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...52Jc&p=3&s=245

Select your operating system from the drop-down list, expand the VGA category and download whichever drivers you want.

I'd be inclined to save them before you install them in case you need them in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193413-my-nvidia-device-not-listed-device-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have the this physx card and it displays as 'pci device' in device manager, running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Even though when I installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my graphics card via nvidia.com

And the nvidia control panel shows a physx properties page - so does this mean the card is installed and I should not bother with the device manager entry?

BTW I know the card is quite ancient nowadays but I decided to put it in the computer anyway

A:BFG Tech PhysX as PCI Device in device manager

what graphics card do you have? if you have a 8600 or above it already has the ability to do physx processing. Whether or not the drivers still allow you to offload it to the physx card, I don't know.

whatever the case, it doesn't sound like it's working properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35564-bfg-tech-physx-pci-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

In device manager I have this Unknown Device showing up "ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0" and I have no idea what it is.

Any suggestions in helping to solve this one would be a great help. Google brings up Intel VIIV for Media Centre but doesn't help me very much.

A:Unknown Device shows in Device Manager

its a asus driver for windows xp refer to http://www.voodish.co.uk/articles/asus-dri...y00012daba3ff0/if your having problems then refer to http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/818672srry if this isnt helpdul its a 2 sec job using yahoo search

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266943/unknown-device-shows-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 50.74%

SOLVED ON RESTART.

I have Windows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400. No audio devices detected. When I open Device Manager it is completely blank - no devices of any kind are shown. Same with Hardware. I haven't made any recent changes to anything having to do with audio, just a System Restore or two, and I don't know if the problem started before or after that.

Edit: Ok, I got the devices to show up by enabling Plug and Play. None of them have the yellow exclamation mark. Gonna try troubleshooting the audio devices...

Troubleshooting didn't work, updating drivers didn't work, Windows Help and Support was no help.

Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-blank-device-manager.697847/
Relevancy 50.74%

I got a new hard drive for my HP Pavilion DV6T-6000. Installed windows 7 ultimate and a bunch of drivers from HP's drivers section for my computer and I still have this unkown device. It wasn't there on my old drive so something isn't right here.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Hardware ID:
ACPI\HPQ0004

Hopefully something I posted is usuful for one of you guys to figure out.

A:Unknown device in device manager (code: 28)

Welcome to Seven Forums. It may be this: Re: Driver for ACPI\HPQ0004\3&33FD14CA&0 - HP Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/265366-unknown-device-device-manager-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a USB device that is not removed from the Device Manager after I unplug it. The laptop is a Samsung 700Z5B, win7 x64, updated with all MS patches, I'm not 100% sure if the BIOS is up to date, having trouble finding that info.

If I have just restarted the computer I can use my USB device just fine. From that point I can remove it once or twice, but after that it won't work again until a restart of the computer.

This seems to be the only device that is having this trouble. The hardware the USB connects to is a Moates Quarterhorse and it has an FTDI chip AFIK. I have not found anyone else having this issue with a Quarterhorse so I am thinking it might be an issue with my laptop as opposed to the Quarterhorse hardware.

Any thoughts or possible direction?

A:USB device not removed from Device Manager after being unplugged

Ok KeyHoe how are you removing this device - the safe way or the unsafe way. You should be using the method of clicking on the arrow in the systems tray (right hand side of the taskbar) as shown next to my Kaspersky K it will open up and show what devices are plugged in click on the one you want to remove and wait for it to say safe to remove - easy .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297946-usb-device-not-removed-device-manager-after-being-unplugged.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have begun using HP Device Manager to support our thin clients across the floor. We use the HP Logon Manager to automactially sign into the specific "User" account on boot up.  Which then loads into Kiosk mode to connect through the HP Cloud Management. I have been trying to find out how to disable HP Logon Manager from HP Device Manager. So far with what I have tested, if I send a task to the thin client from HPDM and the task causes a reboot of the machine the task is interupted due to the automatic sign on of the "User" account on the device.

A:HP Device Manager & HP Logon Manager

1. You can remote onto the Thin Client using "Shadow or Reverse Shadow" from HP Device Manager 2. Manually you have to switch to Administrator Mode from the User Login 3. Remove the User Credentials from the HP Logon Manager Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,K N R K 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Device-Manager-amp-HP-Logon-Manager/td-p/5666524
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm using XP SP3 Home Gateway desktop My device Manager has nothing in it. I don't know when it quit showing. I have checked Bios plug&Play, and it is set in Auto. I am also getting an error stating my recovery D:\ is running out of disk space. After trying several utilities I am asking for help.

A:No device listings in Device Manager

ou8abug, Check out the thread at the link below.

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/windows-xp/15653-device-manager-blank.html

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-device-listings-in-device-manager.723085/
Relevancy 49.02%

I installed The Bluetooth/Wifi module that came with my mobo (DP67BG), after setting the drivers i can only use the wireless adapter while my bluetooth device won't appear.

Any help will be appreciated,
just note that i redownloaded the BT drivers but nothing changed.

A:Bluetooth Device won't appear in Device Manager

Are you saying you put your device in discovery mode but you can't detect it from Win 7? Do you have any other BT devices that are detected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183633-bluetooth-device-wont-appear-device-manager.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a dimension 9200. 2GB RAM, geforce 7900, core 2 duo 2.13ghz, SATA dvd rom, sata HDD, and everything else is stock and on board. I reinstalled Windows XP to remove all trial software and to reset partitions and now I have an Unkown Device in my device manager.
I had read a couple things about a SATA driver i needed or a chipset driver. I have downloaded both, I thought. I can't seem to find out what it is. It's not hurting anything, it just keeps me up at night.
any thoughts? a nickel to whomever finds the answer, i'll keep hunting.

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager

Welcome to BC PcMedic

Are all peripherals functioning normally?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74631/unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 49.02%

Found this tutorial on the W8 forum:

TUTORIAL: How to change device names in Device Manager

Seems easy enough. Can someone confirm that this works in W7 the same way?

Thanks in advance.

A:Change the name of a device in device manager

Yes, "FriendlyName" is used throughout Windows 7 too except there's no need to go through all the Permission steps. At least not for a personal PC. Use the same Driver Key search to find the device. This is a Registry patch so take all the usual precautions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314797-change-name-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a portable hard drive that i attach to my computer device in manager unknown device via USB It has worked fine so far but now when i plug it in the only response i get a message saying quot USB device not recognized one of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned quot and under Device Manager in Universal Serial Bus Controller Ican see not but Unknown Devices If I uninstall them both unplug the hard drive from the usb port and do a Scan For unknown device in device manager Hardware Changes then I will get the message quot Unkown Device Device Driver Software installed successfully quot and one unknown device in device manager unknown device will unknown device in device manager reappear in the Universal Serial Bus Controller Now I wonder what device is that Clicking on properties doesn t really help Plugging in the usb hard drive will bring again the error message quot USB device not recognized quot then quot Unknown device Device driver software installed successfully quot and the unknown devices number in Device manager back to The usb hard drive works fine on other computers so that is not the problem Don t know if I have been very clear in describing the problem but any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Still an unknown device in the device manager under network adapters.

Couldn't figure out the Unknown device identifier program, and there is no vendor or device id !

Under the device instance id, it says "root\ms_pschedmp\0002"
i googled it but didn't find much information.
I tried to update with my driver cd but it couldn't find the driver either.

A:Unknown Device in Device manager

other things on the dropdown menu:

Service: PSched
Enumerator: Root
Devnode Flags : DN_root_enumerated
DN_Has_problem
DN_Disableable
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER

Class Installer: NetCfgx.dll,NetClassInstaller
Current Power State: D3
Power Capabilities: pdcap_d0_supported
pdcap_d3_supported

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-device-in-device-manager-452533.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a vaio vgn-fw21z and I have installed windows 7 64bit.
When I enter device manager I see a question mark which means that there is a device that has no driver.
(It is in the category 'Other devices--> Unknown device')
Is there any way I can find more details about this unknown device and the driver I need?
Thank you very much.

Relevancy 49.02%

The hardware id for the unknown device driver is: USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002&REV_0231USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002

A:unknown device in device manager

Hi, Are you trying to connect anything to your computer ? What is it ? Is it a phone or a tablet ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unknown-device-in-device-manager/td-p/5675303
Relevancy 49.02%

Unknown device shows root legacy npf Ran Smitfraudfix exe in Safemode Computer boots I get a blue screen and after about two Unknown in Device Manager device minutes everything loads Unknown device in Device Manager and internet works Homepage was redirected and the HOSTS file was changed I reset my homepage and using WinPatrol did not allow the HOSTS change The HOSTS file Unknown device in Device Manager appears normal with no changes The time notifier in the taskbar changed to military time I changed it back Unknown device still in Device Manager DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Unknown device in Device Manager PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot c program files outlook express msimn exe quot BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO f d b -da b- daf- e -dfee a aa - c program files zonealarmsb bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLTB ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker f d b -da b- daf- e -dfee a aa - c program files zonealarmsb bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllTB AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLLEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun nwiz nwiz exe installmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun CTHelper CTHELPER EXEmRun WinPatrol c program files billp studios winpatrol winpatrol exe -expressbootmRun CTSysVol c program files creative sbaudigy surround mixer CTSysVol exemRun RivaTunerStartupDaemon quot c program files rivatuner v RivaTuner exe quot SmRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows sy... Read more

A:Unknown device in Device Manager

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212586/unknown-device-in-device-manager/