Windows Support Forum

Pushing Software in Server 2003

Q: Pushing Software in Server 2003

I am setting up Server 2003 and would like to have the server push applications to workstations. Any pointers as to how this is done? Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Pushing Software in Server 2003

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Pushing Software in Server 2003

I think this should fully answer your question

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816102

You'll be looking to assign

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pushing-software-in-server-2003.15888/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there,
I want to push specific data from a selected contact in Outlook 2003 to a predefined Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The scenario is that I want a naive user to enter data into a new contact in outlook be able to push a button and insert that data into a quotation that exists as a excel file. The data that I am interested in moving includes.

Title
First name
Last Name
Company
Address Fields
Telephone Number

I have already created the spreadsheet based Quotation form in a file called Quote.xls. I have not named the individual cells at present just having the Name in Cell B1 The company in B2 and the address fields in B3 to B7.

I have done some macro and VBA programming in Excel, but have little or no experience in using Outlook macros.

Any help/suggestions/solutions gratefully received.

Regards

Michael

Relevancy 64.07%

I have a terabyte raid5 running on a server 2003 box. It has a separate system drive. I was wondering, if that system drives fails and I reload 2003 on another drive, will it pick up that software raid5 configuration and all the data? Thanks.

A:Software Raid5 in Server 2003

If the OS is not part of the array and you have installed applications on the array you will have to restore those applications as well. I am not even sure you can make the OS part of an RAID 5 array. Your best bet would be to restore the OS volume from a full backup...the OS won't know the difference since the array looks like one big drive to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-raid5-in-server-2003.271194/
Relevancy 63.64%

So we've grabbed some samples of some code that appears to use a buffer overflow of sorts and installs mining software on computers but we can't tell what else it's doing.
I've found that its PE32 and need to find someone who is better at reading the assembly than I am as I keep getting lost.

Here's a sample just for reference: https://malwr.com/analysis/ZWYxOGI2OGJlN2U1NDYzZWI4MDA4M2RhZWJjZmNlNGQ/

So far we've been in contact with some AV vendors and they've written definitions but none will help us with the assembly part. We need to know if it is/has done anything else besides the mining.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536549/ltc-mining-software-being-pushing-into-memory/
Relevancy 63.64%

Somebody please help me. A walkthrough would be great. This is my problem. I have a server at work, I am a computer engineer, however the problem is I have not had much experience with servers. My task is to install some software onto the server (Windows Server 2003) so that the software can then be accessed and run on each client computer (PC that is connected to the server)

Would anyone have any tips, or be able to walk me through doing this ?

Please help, and thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-software-on-windows-server-2003-so-that-everyone-can-use-it.534570/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

can anyone here tell me from his experiences what is the best Anti Virus software to protect a Windows 2003 Server? The server doesn't run an Microsoft Exchange Server.....this Server runs only a Microsoft SQL 2005 Server.

Regards,

Wojtek

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-antivirus-software-to-protect-a-windows-2003-server.485604/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a 2 PCs that are randomly powering off. One more than the other. Both are giving the same symptoms but I have no clue how to figure out what is going on. I need help from a software to figure these out.

1) Event logs are clean no stop signs or exclamtion points prior to shutdown.
2) Just gives an indicator last shutdown was unexpected.
3) memtest runs through fine.
4) Shutdown is 100% random not any timed thing.
5) Happens when idle and at full use.
6) No blue screen at all.
7) No dump files.
8) Different power sources have been used/on top of the fact one is a laptop with a fine battery.

I am all out of troubleshooting ideas. Any thoughts on something that is a realtime system monitor that might catch WHY these systems are shutting down?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-system-monitoring-software-windows-server-2003-and-xp.722610/
Relevancy 61.92%

I will start by saying what I have been using for desktop computers. I like the way Ghost 15 works. It lets me set the days of the week or month to back up and allows me to specify how many backups it saves and deletes the oldest backup image as it makes a new one.

If Ghost 15 would work on Windows 2003 Server, I would be well pleased.

What is there that is similar that will work on Windows 2003 Server?

And that doesn't cost a fortune?

A:Solved: Recommendations on automated imaging software for Win Server 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recommendations-on-automated-imaging-software-for-win-server-2003.1120739/
Relevancy 61.92%

I was just thinking doing downloading AVG free, Adaware SE, Spybot, and Spyblaster for protection for my clients. Why don't I store these install files this time? Then I thought why not just get WMI files of them if possible. Then I realized I'm a total noob to pushing out things and should probably ask how is the preferred method before doing it. Now I know that MS Server 2003 can push out things but I am unclear about 2 things.

1. Where should you store those WMI files you want to push out to select later?

2. If I can't get a WMI file is there a converter or should I get a third party product that can push out?

Anyone that can help would be great, right now I'm just storing the .exe files in a folder on the server. I know in theory you can do it, I just haven't done it yet with anything.

A:Good place to get WMI Files or autodeploy software for Server 2003?

Nevermind got it but it gives an option in the form of a box instead of just installing is there a switch to auto run?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-place-to-get-wmi-files-or-autodeploy-software-for-server-2003.594955/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

ok i got the answer to this from another source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.286015/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has the following restrictions:
- Only one computer in a domain can be running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server must be the root of the Active Directory® forest.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server cannot trust any other domains.
- A Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server domain cannot have any child domains.
- Each additional server must have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 client access license (CAL). You can use CALs for each user or for each device.
The standard edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes Windows Server 2003 technologies, including fax service, firewall service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, and Microsoft FrontPage® 2003. The premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities

The standard edition has most of the stuffs inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.287187/
Relevancy 52.89%

Here s the situation Every week I ghost copies of our servers Two Windows servers and two Windows servers Each server has one Western Digital GB ide hard drive in a hard drive rack and there is one open rack for inserting the backup hard drives I use ghost on floppies each is configured to run the ghost backup automatically When I am ready to ghost I insert the backup drive insert the floppy disk and start the server Ghost loads backups the drive and says ghosting is complete I and Server problem Windows Ghost Norton 2003 (long) 2003 take the main drive out and replace it with the ghosted copy The ghost copies for and boot up fine no Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) problems FINALLY TO THE PROBLEM When I remove the Ghost copies and reinsert the main drives the Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) servers will not boot but the servers do This doesn t happen every week and sometimes one server will work and the other won t When they don t work the servers post but for some reason don t see the hard drive this is not the ghost copy On one of the servers I have figured out the problem When the server won t read the hard drive I would pull out the drive and reinsert it fixing the problem Recenctly the other server wouldn t boot the main drive after it was ghosted I thought maybe the hard drive bay was bad so I switched the hard drive out with a spare bay Reinserted it in the rack and the server still couldn t find the hard drive during boot If I stick the ghost copy back in it boots up without a hitch Is it possible for ghost to destroy a hard drive like that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-and-norton-ghost-2003-problem-long.289436/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i am having microsoft windows server for small business server Service Pack iwant to run an application build up with ASP NET amp SQL DATABASE for generating reports we are using crystal reports while running the application i am gettig an error message as File or assembly name CrystalDecisions Web or one of 2003 microsoft small Pack business windows for Service 1 server server its dependencies was not found i tried to copy all the dll files in to the bin folder still the problem is not solved Source Error Line debugging ASP NET files Line -- gt Line lt compilation defaultLanguage quot c quot debug quot true quot gt lt assemblies gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions CrystalReports Engine Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions ReportSource Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Shared Version Culture neutral microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 lt assemblies gt lt compilation gt Line Line lt -- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES Source File C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS web config Line Assembly Load Trace The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly CrystalDecisions Web could not be loaded Pre-bind state information LOG DisplayName CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e Fully-specified LOG Appbase file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS LOG Initial PrivatePath bin Calling assembly Unknown LOG Publisher policy file is not found LOG No redirect found in host configuration file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet config LOG Using machine configuration file from C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v config machine config LOG Post-policy reference CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-server-2003-for-small-business-server-service-pack-1.498807/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

Has anybody come across this error "Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x80150856 while saving appointment.". This appears in application log files in exchange server 2003. Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-2003-exchange-server-2003.496518/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having issues finding the location of en expired certificate that one of my LDAP servers responds with during an LDAPS bind attempt.

I'm using Linux's ldapsearch to perform specific tasks during user creation but recently discovered the certificate expired. I have renewed said certificate and placed it in the personal store on that ldapserver but after debugging the SSL connection it still responds with the previously expired certificate.

Can anyone tell me where this certificate would be stored on Windows Server 2003. I've found multiple post regarding the store in 2008 but that does not exist in 2003. I've searched the whole store using certutil trying to match the serial on this certificate but can't find it anywhere.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windws-server-2003-ldaps-returning-expired-server-certificate.1911174/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All,

I want to dual boot XP Pro , 2000 Server and 2003 Server and wanted to check the best order to instal these OS's?

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-xp-pro-2000-server-and-2003-server-instal-order.637431/
Relevancy 52.03%

Currently we are on an NT network with a few 2000 servers tossed in. Today I learned that the plan is to migrate everything to Linux. Lets assume that this only applies to the servers and that the users will still operate with 98/nt/2000/xp. What are your thoughts on this?

I put this in this forum for a reason. Because I'd rather get the advice from 2000 and 2003 experts who know what Linux cannot replace than to hear the Linux fanboys and anti-Microsoft activists praise it to the high heavens.

What would your concerns be if this was done on your network? What problems have you encountered if you'd tried this? Or what successes? Know of any businesses that have done this successfully?

Relevancy 52.03%

Can anyone help me with setting up 515E up 2004 Setting ISA Exchange in Server Server 2003 front and of Pix this network layout with my Pix Firewall Network Layout Pix gt DMZ gt ISA Server gt Exchange Server Users Pix outside IP Address Pix inside IP Address DMZ IP Addresss ISA Server outside IP ISA Server inside IP I ve identified the interfaces IP Address and named all plus the following config global outside interface nat inside nat dmz conduit permit icmp any any route outside I can now access the internet from my ISA Server in the DMZ zone I Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003 am intending to put the ISA Server out on the DMZ to access the outside world with static dmz outside netmask and then open all traffic to ISA with access-list acl out permit ip any host any access-group acl out in interface outside then I ll give ISA server access to the inside network with access-list acl dmz permit tcp eq access-group acl dmz in interface dmz With the above commands the first access-list acl out was not accepted by pix plus the second access-list acl dmz so if you could please share some light upon my configurations Regards Semisi nbsp

A:Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003

Here, I scrapped your config. NAT bad/static bad/conduit bad/access-list bad.

no fixup protocol smtp
nameif int xxx outside security 0
nameif int xxx inside security 100
nameif int xxx dmz security 80
icmp permit any outside echo-reply
icmp permit any outside unreachable
icmp permit any inside
icmp permit any dmz
global (outside) 1 int
nat (inside) 1 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0 32768 16483
route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 65.77.78.1 1
static (inside,dmz) 172.17.0.0 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0
static (dmz,outside) 172.18.0.2 65.77.78.48 netmask 255.255.255.255 << Can't have same IP as interface**
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 80
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 443
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 25
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo-reply
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq unreachable
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq source-quench
access-group internet in interface outside
access-list dmz permit ip host 172.18.0.2 any << *Read note 1
access-group dmz in interface dmz
access-list inside permit ip any any
access-group inside in interface inside

The above config will nat 172.18.0.2 to 65.77.78.48. You can't static NAT an entire IP to the same as a global (your interface). You can only do this if you NAT specific ports.

The above config will allow internet to reach 65.77.78.48 via TCP 80/443/25. I can only assume you're using ISA for EFE server, and maybe proxy. (Not an ISA fan)

The above config allows your ISA server carte-blanche access. In essence, it's a DMZ by name only. Don't fool yourself.

Don't use conduits, they're deprecated.

Don't use a firewall to permit "any" to your ISA server, actually use it to block inbound ports.

Also, your ISA server shouldn't/can't have two NIC's in the same subnet. That's a bad idea on 10 different levels. IF you're using your ISA server (blech) as EFE / reverse proxy for OWA, and outbound proxy - you might as well keep it on the same subnet as your Exchange server (inside, I'm assuming.) Again, 10 different reasons why it's a flawed security plan.

If this is simply an EFE server or reverse proxy, make sure you don't keep the ISA server part of any AD domain, stick it in the DMZ, and restrict what hosts it's allowed to see on the network that you're trying to protect.

Regards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-pix-515e-in-front-of-isa-server-2004-and-exchange-server-2003.563885/
Relevancy 52.03%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-windows-server-2003-on-intel-s5000vsa-server-board.113843/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 51.6%

Every 5 minutes I get this error message popping up under event viewer on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server (all updates etc):

Event ID: 1054

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (An unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.​
I have done the MS Support site "recommendations", but the Server is pointing to itself for the DNS and the IP address and all that are fine. Not sure why or what is going on here. I can't seem to stop it.

A:Server 2003: (Event Viewer) error every 5 minutes RE: DNS Server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-event-viewer-error-every-5-minutes-re-dns-server.472922/
Relevancy 51.6%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716194/
Relevancy 51.6%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716193/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All Today Proxy server in on my workplace attacked by some hacker Server running Windows Std Edition Service Pack Attack Details A Server help, Server Attack by need Proxy Unknown Hacker, 2003 account created with administrative privilege and while we checked it s logged on with that account strange thing is it s showing built in account 2003 Server Attack by Unknown Hacker, need help, Proxy Server also a exe file called AutoSQL and it started scanning lot s of Public IP s looks like it broadcasting created account is hackp and on event log it showing following successful logon Code Event Type Success Audit Event Source Security Event Category Logon Logoff Event ID Date Time PM User AFT-PROXY hackp Computer AFT-PROXY Description User initiated logoff User Name hackp Domain AFT-PROXY Logon ID x x b fec After initial shock we did scan with Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer it s showing critical update and important update reqd and most interesting part is when I was installing update via Windows update suddenly hacker take my full desktop control accessing my mouse keyboard and cancel update then open Internet Explorer open a site Service Window AutoSql IP Scan Netstat Code Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf CLOSE WAIT TCP asdf asdf CLOSE WAIT TCP asdf asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf FIN WAIT TCP asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf http ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf TIME WAIT TCP asdf TIME WAIT C C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat -n Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP FIN WAIT TCP FIN WAIT C Documents and Settings hackp gt Netstat Code Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat -nr Route Table Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x f Intel R PRO CT Network Connection x f Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Default Gateway Persistent Routes Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric C Documents and Settings hackp gt We hav PIX in our workplace We hav Trend Micro office scan Using Trend Micro Proxy Server Is there any new vulnerability on server Please help urgent nbsp

A:2003 Server Attack by Unknown Hacker, need help, Proxy Server

For instant Recovery, we re format our servers and change it's password, and fully patched with windows update. still now, no further attack..

Any help would be grate..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2003-server-attack-by-unknown-hacker-need-help-proxy-server.707393/
Relevancy 51.6%

Cannot access windows updates any admin tools av websites cannot run spybot internet explorer giving security settings warning cannot change any of the settings HJT log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings administrator domain WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe tools admin Terminal access 2003 Server Server cannot C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe P Worldox WDA exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Tabs CMMAIN EXE C Program Files Tabs STMapi exe C Program Files Tabs dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat plug ins PaperCapture Server Roman Capserve exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files FileOpen plug ins FileOpenAPI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings administrator domain Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run bacstray C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scan... Read more

A:Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403995/server-2003-terminal-server-cannot-access-admin-tools/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys!
I just installed Windows 2000 Advance Server recently to a Compaq Proliant ML530 server and found out that the license for this server is more expensive than Windows Server 2003 Standard. The SmartStart CD of the compaq does not support windows server 2003 and I don't want to manually re-configure everything and start all over again. Does Win2K A.S. support Windows Server 2003 upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-win2k-advance-server-to-windows-server-2003-std.390752/
Relevancy 51.6%

so i have problems with a sbs2003 box. Its slow...fax services are not working properly etc...

the only option i see is to reinstall it.
is there anyway i can migrate accounts,exchange settings,shares ...as much as possible.

how would i go about doing this?

do i have to use some virtual server software...(thats what my friend was telling me)
has anybody got any info or links to accomplishing this...

any info appreciated...

pk

A:migrating server 2003 ..to server 2003

Take a quick look here

http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archiv...er-2003-migration-update-943494-released.aspx

You have three options, theres a fourth but thats install from scratch
ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&scoring=d&q=move+to+new+hardware&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Dmicrosoft.public.windows.server.sbs

1. Swing Migration - http://www.sbsmigration.com

2. forklift. Image your installation and restore it to your new hardware. Some information on this method at http://www.smallbizserver.net. Check out google groups also for some info also.

3. Theres a Microsoft tool called Active Directory Migration Tool. For this you'll need to rename your server and you domain http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=16414

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrating-server-2003-to-server-2003.738516/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have two domain controllers with different domain names but on the same subnet and with active directory installed. One domain controller is win 2000 and the other is win 2003. The computers are in a workgroup the users don't log on but are connected to the win 2000 box with shares to a program. If I take active directory off the win 2000 box and demote will that affect the computers that are In a workgroup connected to the shares? I want to install all the programs and shares on the new win 2003 box but one computer win not let me log on to the win 2003 box it says no domain available. What can I do to slowly migrate the programs and shares to the new server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/demoting-a-win-2000-server-with-a-win-2003-server-on-the-same-subnet.136644/
Relevancy 51.17%

What are the steps involved in sharing Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Server resources over a network?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I am not able to connect to OPC server for non admin user in windows server 2003.

I get Runtime error '-536608665(e0040067)':
Failed to connect OPC server.
The system returned the following error message:
Access is denied

But i can connect non admin user to opc server in Windows xp

Is it possible for non admin user to connect OPC server in windows server 2003?

OPC server and client are on same system

Please give me your feedback

Thanks!
Santosh

A:Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

From what I've read on this thread, you'll need to set computer-wide DCOM security permissions. You'll want to peruse that thread.

On another note, this isn't really the best spot for this question. An error message isn't a crash, hang or bsod, and the situation is more relevant to specifically the Windows Server section (even though OPC servers can and often do exist in many client versions of Windows). You'll be able to receive more help there, as it's pertinent to your needs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/non-admin-not-able-to-connect-opc-server-in-windows-server-2003-a-560614.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a good guide or tutorial to show you how to set up a file server with file permissions and access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seting-up-file-server-permissions-server-2003.294310/
Relevancy 51.17%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok so i need to set up windows 2003 server edition as a vpn server so someone can connect to it from home or from his work! Does anyone have any advice i have been trying but nothing seems to allow me to get connected!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-windows-2003-server-edition.130776/
Relevancy 51.17%

Having issue with email. some emails will be received while other will not. Cannot put or finger on the problem. Has anyone had this problem.

Relevancy 51.17%

I am running Windows Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabled and was wondering if there are any compatibility problems with installing Word 2003. Microsofts website says Windows 2000 with SP3, Windows XP, or later as OS requirements but that is very general.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Relevancy 50.31%

Not sure if this is the correct forum. In the past I could use SCOPY to move users files from a File server (NT4 server) to a Windows 2000 server. From what I understand SCOPY does not work properly with 2003. Does Server 2003 have a similar utility to pring in files and retain security permissions ?

Relevancy 50.31%

We have a Windows 7 Pro laptop that can't see any of the 300 or so Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Machines.

It can, however, see all (around 13) Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Machines that are on the network. Using \\ServerName\Share doesn't connect, and they don't show up on the network map.

It can ping the servers though. They ping by hostname and by ip address. Other Windows 7 Pro Laptops don't have this same problem!

Additional Info:
They are all joined to the domain; servers, laptaps, etc.

A:Windows 7 Computer can't see Server 2003 Server

My problem is when i join in 2003 domain server i get the msag

"An attempat to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined has failed.
Please verf=ify this client is configured to reach a DNS server that can resolve DNS names name in
the target domain. for information about network troubleshooting, see windows help "

tell me what i have to do! 10Q

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146074-windows-7-computer-cant-see-server-2003-server.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a client who has an existing Server 2000 domain. He is running two Windows 2000 servers in his domain. What he's looking to do is to replace the master domain controller,(the server which was first brought up and hence contains the master copy of the domain database).

I believe that since this is going to be a completely new server and running Server 2003 standard edtiion I believe, that I'll need to first take everyone out of the domain, demote the second domain controller to a stand-alone and then demote the master domain controller which effectively dissolves the domain. Then after bringing the brand new server up, recreate the domain and then the secondary domain controller and join everyone back into domain (new SID but same domain name).

Does this sound correct-could anyone confirm whether this is correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

fast586

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-server-2003-domains.554141/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I created the following performance counter using logman exe nbsp logman exe counters incorrectly Server Windows correctly creates performance on 2003 but Server Windows Logman 2008/2012 on create counter US Triton Perf Log -b -e -r -s server -si frequence -cf folder server txt -f logtype nbsp -o C local logs Perfout Server --a -v mmddhhmm nbsp -rf nbsp max Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 duration When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at PM and stops running everyday at PM This works perfectly fine as intended However When I do this for a Windows server my created counter is very different For example in this case I have set to the counters to start at AM and end at PM because I have set a maximum duration of hours the job terminates and begins on the next day since Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 I have the repeat option on However this does not apply to our server logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday In addiiton I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time It actually does not start at all I also notice that the jobs on all windows servers are created in a pending status which then prevents me from removing Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 the counter remotely nbsp I would like to know if windows is capable of working like my win servers using logman and if historically the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task nbsp Both Jobs are using the same criteria but are created differently The top photo was created on a windows server and the bottom photo was created on windows server Am I missing something here FYI I have a script to automate across servers so when I deployed this it turned out about servers were actually running as intended and a whole bunch of them were in pending status and all stopped nbsp I appreciate any response on this issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8377c80-cabf-41ca-bd0b-8132c4e19269/logman-creates-performance-counters-on-windows-server-20082012-correctly-but-incorrectly-on-windows?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all I m not sure if this is an operating system question or more of a software development question Anyway I have a legacy COM service a COM server 2003 Server execution Windows - connecting when on service DCOM "Server failed" that runs as a windows service that was written for Windows NT I have managed to use the service on both Windows and Windows XP unchanged However I now wish to run the service on a Windows Server machine and I can t seem to DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting get it to work This is what happens - Install the service and set it to log on using a domain account Start the service from the services msc applet Start the client application and connect to the service At this stagte the client applicaiton freezes for approximately seconds and DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting then returns with the error message quot Server execution failed quot I ve also tried using the client whilst the service is stopped In this case when I connect the service is started but I get the same error The development team also provided a standalone application that hosts the exact same COM objects mainly for debugging purposes If I use the standalone application everything works fine Its all very strange Does anyone have any idea what the cause might be And preferably a solution Thanks Kep nbsp

A:DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting

I found the answer.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...-DC48AB0DA5C9&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

The above discussion says that a service must enter a running state before a COM server calls CoRergisterClassObject. So I guess its a development problem.

Not sure why it only manifests on Windows Server 2003 though.

Kep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dcom-service-on-windows-server-2003-server-execution-failed-when-connecting.695005/
Relevancy 48.59%

can anybody tell me about the differences/similarities between these two OS features and a way its work.

A:win server 2000 vs server 2003

Look on MS's site. All the info you need is there.EEOC

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/win-server-2000-vs-server-2003/65683.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm sorry to bother you guys but I'd really appreciate some additional info on the following. What is the difference between Windows NT 4.0, Server 2000 and Server 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt4-server-2000-server-2003.292301/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi, on my other computer i am trying to reformat the drive and install windows server 2003 however when i type in format c: i am told the volume is in use and i am unable to lock it, so i really dont know what to do? any help would be great ta

A:2000 Server -> 2003 Server

For stubborn drives I use delpart.exe . Just copy the .exe to a boot disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-server-2003-server.377511/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to setup my own VPN I have installed Server on my server machine The server server Windows as VPN Server 2003 machine is connected to my Netgear router which connects to the internet I have setup the VPN service and can connect localy using an advanced connection setup in windows XP on my client machine Also on my network is a fileserver running windows vista soon xp or server the server has over gb of storage mostly full t hat i want to share over my VPN This is also onnected to the Windows Server 2003 as VPN server netgear router My problem is with sharing these files How do i set the drives on my file server as standard shares for all VPN connected users I can access them local over the lan but not sure how to share for users dialing into the VPN any step by step tutorials links would be welcomed or if anyone can help me it would be brilliant or if somone can get on msn with me and walk me through what im doing wrong that would be awsome too Thanks alot nbsp

A:Windows Server 2003 as VPN server

Information for how to configure a Windows2003 VPN server can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/w3k_vpn_server.htm

You don't need to make any changes or additions to shares in regards to VPN client's being able to access previous shares on the server. Whatever you have assigned for the LAN access can work for VPN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-as-vpn-server.603026/
Relevancy 48.59%

Does anyone recommend a certain brand of server and a place to buy? I am thinking server 2003 running on a Proliant with a Xeon processor but I am not sure how much power I need. I will be running five database off of one server with 40 workstations local and five connecting via terminal services. will I need dual processor? I am thinking I will need at least 400 GB of hard drive space and at least 1gb of ram maybe more. What do you guys think.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-needed-to-run-server-2003.409949/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 47.73%

Integrate Microsoft Project 2003 in Microsoft SharePoint 2003 Server ???

Hi!

Know someone if an integration of Microsoft Project 2003 is
possible in Microsoft SharePoint 2003 Server ???
regards,
gicio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/integrate-microsoft-project-2003-in-microsoft-sharepoint-2003-server.212535/
Relevancy 46.44%

There are some XP/Server) (Server for Software Browser Web cool free ware programs that you can setup to run as a server Note I ve tested them all under Firefox Browser as they will work with IE for the past - months now Web Server KF Sever this is found on the KeyFocus web site has one of the easiest to install and configure plus you can access all your documents media pictures audio from this server also Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) Mail Server DeskNow easy to installed and configure the best part you can try out the full pro for days then after that it converts to a free ware version Still not a bad Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) program for free Music Server Vibe Streamer is another good example if you want to stream all you audio files to any PC using the web browser Again this is free ware and works very well easy to setup and use Note All the programs here will work with XP Workstation Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) and does work on Server also KeyFocus one you can also play videos too using VLC media player optional that one is also free as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-browser-server-software-for-xp-server.103366/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, Can any1 help me i have did upgrade Windows 2000 Ent. Server (SP4) to Windows 2003 Ent. Server, but after rebooting the machine all of sudden BLUE screen appears with mentioning below error though OS working in safe mode. Please help me out to resolve the issue ASAP.
Driver_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Then at the end it says
Beginning dump of physical memory

HYDIS.sys address 7505AF5 base at F74E9000
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xf3bbf000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF7505AF5)

Physical memory dumb.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group
BR,

Sharjeel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-upgrade-windows-2000-ent-server-to-windows-2003-ent-server.625977/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am installing Windows server 2003 while copying the files, I got a message that windows could not copy the files wmploc.dll and wmpshell.dll are these files important and will they affect the way my server runs?

This is a project for school, any help or info at all would be GREAT!! thx...

A:Server 2003

deeger said:

I am installing Windows server 2003 while copying the files, I got a message that windows could not copy the files wmploc.dll and wmpshell.dll are these files important and will they affect the way my server runs?

This is a project for school, any help or info at all would be GREAT!! thx...Click to expand...
Those files are windows media player files. If you need them you can get them from your windows disk or online there is a site called ddldump.com that has a large collection of this type of files. They won't affect the way your server runs, just windows media player...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003.352852/
Relevancy 45.15%

Wrong topic but hey, I have 4 services that won't start on 2003 server.

The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated with the following error:
An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist
The Network News Transport Protocol (NNTP) service terminated with the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

The Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) service terminated with the following error:
An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

The FTP Publishing Service service terminated with the following error:
An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

Any ideas?

Thanks, John.

A:2003 Server

Do you have IIS installed? I believe all of those services are dependant on IIS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2003-server.431327/
Relevancy 45.15%

I couldn t find a forum on Windows Server but since Win 2003 6.0 IIS and Server IIS can be run in XP thought I d try IIS 6.0 and Win Server 2003 this forum I need to setup an ftp site for my business and IIS 6.0 and Win Server 2003 am having troubles doing so I have IIS installed on Windows Server Standard Edition For the time being I just created a bunch of individual FTP Sites on different ports stupid yes I know for each user The way the business is set up certain users need access to all folders within the root other users need access to first level sub-folders within the root and other users need access to second level sub-folders within the root I want to combine all my single FTP Sites into FTP Site so that only port is open and whoever logs into my FTP site uses the same port as everyone else safer for the server The problem comes with Permissions because I need to block the second level sub-folder users from the root directory I tried Isolating users with without the Active Directory setting but from what I ve read on the internet that seems to be more for local computers like actual employees within the company and have scripts running when they logon to their computer Well I have clients that don t logon to my computers they just need to download and view files from my server Anyone have any ideas at all on how I should go about this nbsp

A:IIS 6.0 and Win Server 2003

FTP users should have the same access rights as far as files and folders as long as you are using Windows authentication for their FTP sessions. You could also set up a group in AD just for FTP users and assign access that way to the FTP root and sub-directories.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iis-6-0-and-win-server-2003.426738/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi
I have win xppro sp2 laptop, and win 2003 server sp2. I have installed IIS on both, and can access my local sites on laptop from my server. But I cannot access server sites from my laptop. I cannot ping server from laptop - it gives me error: request timed out.
On my laptop I have zonealarm security suite and my server has pctools firewall plus v 3.
The file sharing works perfectly, I can view the network on both machines in windows explorer, and access files from both pcs.
It is the http:// from laptop to server that is not working.
Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

sorry i didnt see a forum for server 2003.

the question is : you have enabled auditing of CA events so you can monitor certificate issuances. where would you you look to see the information that is generated by the auditing?
a. the certificate services log in event viewer
b. the auditing log in event viewer
c. the system log in event viewer
d. the security log in event viewer

A:server 2003

Security?...I don't know if this will help
http://searchsecuritychannel.techta...ebaseAnswer/0,289625,sid97_gci1243666,00.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003.659033/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have 10 users on XP connecting to a 2003 server. One machine hangs for about 3-4 minutes at the "applying computer settings". In the servers active directory I compared the user and computer properties with the other pcs couldn't find anythind!!

What could be happening???

A:XP sp3 > Server 2003 sp2

You should post this in the Networking Support Section here

One of the few things I know about a PC taking long to log in to a domain is that it is usually a DNS problem.
So if it has not been done already make sure your Primary DNS on the PC is set to your Server 2003's IP address (ie Primary Domain Server's IP Address).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-sp3-server-2003-sp2-505564.html
Relevancy 45.15%

How do you enable sound to hear speakers on this OS, please? Did this -- Alternatively, you can double-click the Sounds and Audio Devices applet in Control Panel, and select e Enable Windows Audio check-box.

And under services it is in automatic mode not disabled.

thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003.780662/
Relevancy 45.15%

DDS will not run, malwarebytes sees no issues. Your team says missing and corrupt files exist.

Help

Greetings bhz and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary. If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance. Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.
When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you previously posted at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic478449.html/page__p__2921330__fromsearch__1#entry2921330. I will post back as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478693/server-2003/
Relevancy 45.15%

One of my clients has filled their raid array (5 x 36gb) on a Windows 2003 server. They are in the process of archiving old data off. They would like to have that data online. What would be better - hooking up a NAS or attaching a USB external Hard drive? Are there any limitations of attaching a USB external hard drive? thx

A:NAS or ext USB HD on 2003 Server?

Personally, I like NAS but use both solutions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nas-or-ext-usb-hd-on-2003-server.583529/
Relevancy 45.15%

Does server 2003 run like a normal operating system or does it require a network to run? i just wanna try it out... dont ask.

does it have programs and stuff, like xp?

thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

Ok I currently have a sbs 2003 server that is completely out of space and it is preetty old and slow.

So we purchased a brand new server and I installed sbs 2003 on the server. BUT i need to know what is the best way to copy my exchange and files over because they can't be on the same domain.

Please help.

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-sbs-2003-server.583501/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have just installed Windows Server 2003 standard edition into my computer, im having a little trouble connecting to the Internet........im using a netgear wirless network to connect to the internet but cant go onto any sites

can some one help????

Relevancy 45.15%

i have recently been working on server 2003 i have created users and groups no problems
i have even created group policies that work and everything i wanted them to do but i have some problems with copies of the profiles that dont work i have checked all the settings i can think of and the working profiles have all the same settings as the none working profiles. the thing is that even the none working profiles do work in part the redirect of folders and mydocuments work. is there anyone out there who can give me some tips as to where i might be going wrong.
many thanks for your help

is there no one out there who can help!!!

A:Help with server 2003 GPO's

is there anyone who can help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-server-2003-gpos.502588/
Relevancy 45.15%

First of all Happy holidays to all of the techguy support techs that are here for us days a year Second I need help I run the network for my company honestly and I am learning how to by coming to techguy site and read the forums but is my responsibility to stop people from the outside to log into our system Currently we have a credit collection company located in another city they log into our system anytime they want I need to restrict their access 2003 server as of now there is no restriction meaning they can access anytime anywhere When I was working for another company there was this windows that open asking for your log and password in order for us to have access how can I do that with the server I manage also everytime I reboot the system the IP address get server 2003 changes and that creates a problem since we access the data base via IP address Can anyone help me with this issue thank you much Jaime nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I need help setting up a security level for oa server that runs windows 2003 R2. Here is the scenario.

In the company where I work we all access our server via telnet. However, we have an outside company that does our collections and they need access to our server, via remote terminal or telnet which they have. But We just found out that an employee has been accessing our system on weeekends and I need to know how to setup the system so that when an outsider wants to access it ask for a login and Password. This way only assigned users will have access to our system. But the way the system is now, anyone with the right ip address can access our system via telnet.
Any help pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Thank you very much

Jaime

Relevancy 45.15%

I am not knowledgeable enough to know can I use 2003 to replace XP Pro.I have DL a trial copy from M$. Also if I get a key from another source will the program remain functional after I put in the key.I think u know my meaning regarding a key.Thanks,Dannir

Relevancy 45.15%

i have an imac running vmware in an office that needs to connect to our server using 2003, but i cant make it see the shared drive, or seemingly connect at all.
how do i go about this? i have tried the network wizards but they are no help
thanks

A:Server 2003 help

Are you trying to connect the iMac to the server, or whatever box you have running in VMware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-help.973987/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there, I need help. In my company I have a server that runs uner windows server 2003. the funny thing is that out of no where the mouse starts to move and some of the icons get highlited and like someone would of be messing around with the server. My question is, what or how can I monitor this server to make sure is protected? I have installed AVG interner security 9.0 and scans the system every day and I know is free of viruses. Any help or input will be appreciate it.,

thanks

Jaime

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003.981376/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I am running at my work a Windows 2003 Server and cannot seem to get the Mac OS X to be able to connect to it, most specifically to the File System of the server. Does anyone know any good websites, or have had problems setting it up. I have been through a lot of sites, tried a lot of things, but cannot get it to connect properly.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2003-server-mac-os-x.358817/
Relevancy 45.15%

I want to setup a computer so only I can log into it. How do I accomplish this? It is Server 2003 and it is on a domain.

why dont you reload it with XP/2000/vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003.676887/
Relevancy 45.15%

Can someone give me a list of services that come with IIS and the state they are in for server 2003 please. Maybe a snapshot. I would greatly appreciate it.

tia

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there
I have installed the server2003, but wasn't able to find the audio n video drivers. This is X8SIE supermicro mother board with graphics card GeForce GT220. Can someone help me to find these.
I have tried the manufacturer's website too.
Thnx
Vikrant

A:Server 2003 drivers

Moved thread to Server 2003 Forum. Super Micro Computer, Inc. | Support | Resources
Super Micro Computer, Inc. | Support | Resources
or try this:
How to find drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f8/server-2003-drivers-632981.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, could anyone please send me some tutorial or explain how to set-up a New Windows 2003 i mean: How to configure services if you're connected through ISP: DNS,DHCP,VPN,AD etc.. I just instaled win2k3 enterprise server on one of my PC and i'm willing to connect all the other PC and Laptops to this server however I face some problems with connecting them to a Server probably i made some misstakes in configuration so please help ! ! !

Relevancy 44.72%

Are there any gurus about for the above title?

Im having problems with viewing files on an intranet which runs through IIS.

The links themselves work if I run straight from the local drive, but not if I try to view them through the Intranet http link.

Thanks

A:IIS6.0 - server 2003

Forgive me for asking, but is it the HTML code possibly?

Do your users have permissions on those folders?

If these are files you are accessing via the FTP option, do you have the directory structure set up correctly?

What is the error code you're getting? Standard 404?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iis6-0-server-2003.53908/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello. I am looking to make a CCTV server using iSpy (iSpy: Open Source Camera Security Software), using a XP PC. Just because, I want the System box, login box branding, boot screen, screensaver and other UI elements to look like Server 2003's. I have tried using Resource Hacker (Resource Hacker) to change the System box using this guide (How to Customize System Properties (Sysdm.cpl) in Windows XP? - AskVG) and the Registry to change the boring blue background on the login screen to this (http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...os-d5z3hgi.jpg) using this guide (How to Change Windows Logon Screen: 6 Steps (with Pictures)) but they don't work, even after a restart.
Any ideas? I like things to be customizable, so yeah.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/make-xp-look-like-server-2003-a-821193.html
Relevancy 44.72%

This really is a stab in the dark. Fingers crossed that there are a couple of Server 2003 CA experts lurking around here, or someone that can point us in the right direction.

The school that I work at has a wireless network and all users that log onto the domain are authenticated against a certificate. Over the summer the certificate expired and now no device can log on wirelessly.

When we attempt to do anything with the expired certificate it throws up this error:

Microsoft Certificate Services

Access is denied. 0x8007005 (WIN32: 5)

Can anyone shed any light?

Relevancy 44.72%

Has anyone had any issues upgrading their Windows 2000 RIS server to 2003?

I've completed a fresh install of 2003 on the system partition and already have my RIS images under the remoteinstall folder on a separate partition. Will I run into any problems when I go to install RIS on my 2003 server and pointing it to that location?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-ris-server-to-2003.378816/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a server running windows 2003 server, It's also running exchange, web server, and FTP.

I have the FTP setup, just like I would on any other server, but when I try to log in using internet explorer, it would lot me. But if I download Winftp or any ftp program, then I can get in right away, no problem. anyone any any ideas?
Thank you.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, could anyone please send me some tutorial or explain how to set-up a New Windows 2003 i mean: How to configure services if you're connected through ISP: DNS,DHCP,VPN,AD etc.. I just instaled win2k3 enterprise server on one of my PC and i'm willing to connect all the other PC and Laptops to this server however I face some problems with connecting them to a Server probably i made some misstakes in configuration so please help ! ! !

A:!NEW Windows 2003 server ! ! !

this the same software you stole in the other thread?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-windows-2003-server.522184/
Relevancy 44.72%

Does anyone out there know how to take a server that loaded with service pack from the CD where Service Pack is integrated or slipstreamed into Windows server standard edition lately SP1 Uninstall Server 2003 and take it out Normally one would uninstall a service pack you added from the microsoft update site But in this case I did not install SP it came with the CDrom 2003 Server SP1 Uninstall for Server and the problem is that an application a main executable for a POS system gets access violations Installing the unintegrated with sp version of Server works I am hoping to be able to downstage it to its previous version before mirosoft hardcoded SP into the install or work a switch that may prevent it from loading during the CDrom install I could reinstall a former CDrom that does not install SP automatically but i am remote from the server and that would be difficult as I am not sure the customer s license key will work on a littlebit older cdrom install which leaves SP out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2003-server-sp1-uninstall.381759/
Relevancy 44.72%

Before one is able to install users on server 2003, you have to uncheck some feature. I forget where that feature is but it's there for added security. Can someone tell me where that feature is and what is unchecked. I appreciate the help.

Thank you.

I believe it's under group policy somewhere.

Relevancy 44.72%

i am having some problems with users on windows server 2003. for some reason, even though they have full permissions, they can not print. if you log in under administrator, you can print with it, but the other users can not print. i am not real familiar with this operating system, so any help would be nice. thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.516877/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi ,

Is it possible ti install win xp SP2 on a machine that has already win server 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-and-win-server-2003-on-one-machine.618328/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi!every one,

i have the system Intel Pentium 4 ,2.4 Ghz and i hve two hard disks .one is WinXP installed on it and other one is WIndows 2003 server.The system is OK when i start with WinXP ,but when i start with Windows 2003 server the computer autmatically restarts itself with showing error in message window "One or more system drivers couldnot load properl" and after couple of seconds the system automatically restarts.

Please any one tell me how to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Amarnath

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server.567475/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm wanting to install my SmartMedia USB device to my PC. My PC is running Windows Server 2003 (free copy I got for taking the course, Enterprise not Trial). When I try to install the drivers it aborts with the OS not supported message.

The Question: Can I spoof the registry to make this software think I'm running XP so the Software will install? If so where and what values?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-driver-to-ms-server-2003.272399/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am having random restarts hangs on one my Windows Server SP servers The server sometimes recovers from the error and restarts it with out an issue Othertimes it attempts to restart but it hangs prior to shutting it down The event log errror shows Applications Error Faulting application services exe version faulting on WinDBG Server 2003 Help module ntdll dll version fault address x a cc I am attempting to use quot User Mode Process Dumper quot WinDBG Help on Server 2003 and attached it to services exe I was able to produce a dump file but I am unable to analyze it with WinDBG or maybe I dont know how I have analyzed dump files before with WinDBG Here is the dump The only thing that catches my eye is the access violation code Any ideas User Mini Dump File with Full Memory Only application data is available Comment 'Userdump WinDBG Help on Server 2003 generated complete user-mode minidump with Exception Monitor function on SERVER ' Symbol search path is srv C WINDOWS Symbols Executable search path is Windows Server Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product Server suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name Debug session time Sat May GMT- System Uptime days Process Uptime days Loading unloaded module list This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it The stored exception information can be accessed via ecxr d d Access violation WinDBG Help on Server 2003 - code c first second chance not available eax ebx e ecx fffffffb edx e f esi edi eip c a cc esp e f ebp e f iopl nv up ei pl zr na pe nc cs b ss ds es fs b gs efl ntdll RtlInitUnicodeString x b c a cc f af repne scas word ptr es edi

A:WinDBG Help on Server 2003

Hi Welcome to TSF
Can you go into C:\windows\minidump and post those files here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windbg-help-on-server-2003-a-644875.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone,

Actually what I want to know is if I can have Windows 2000 in one server and windows 2003 in another server. Win2003 server as my Domain controller.

A:Win 2000 Server run with Win 2003

As long as you only have one PDC and things like the domain name are the same, that should work fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2000-server-run-with-win-2003.548198/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have upped a machine to Windows Server as I acquired it and have one simple question I use this as a workstation and server had to enable acceleration audio video etc I have another machine with ten user accounts whose documents are stored on this machine In the past A user would log on Solved: Pro XP Server 2003 and there and a visible batch script would run mapping printers and drives via VB scripts The J drive would always be documents and on Solved: Server 2003 and XP Pro every account it mapped to a different share The problem with that setup was that the user had to maintain an identical password on this machine and the other to maintain access to the network drives thus if they changed the password on only one it wouldn t affect this and the script would give them authentication errors thus giving them no printer or document access In upping this to Server I had hoped Solved: Server 2003 and XP Pro to be able to store the user accounts documents at the least on this server then have them log into the account on it from the other machine so that when they changed a password it would change Solved: Server 2003 and XP Pro on both the server and that machine Almost like a domain environment with AD but I have no domain so I can t use AD Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I just have a quick question, I have setup a VPN using RRAS and L2TP shared secret, etc. From the client computer it connects no problem, and I can access shared resources on the LAN like it's supposed to work. The only problem is when I connect to the VPN, my browser doesn't work, can't get external internet to work and copying files from outlook 2007 to a shared resource seems to lock outlook up.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with sending all traffic over vpn or not. Is there any steps I can take to quickly resolve this issue? This seems to be the only thing affecting the users at the office.

Thanks,

A:Server 2003 VPN Issue

Is the VPN setup as a separate subnet example: if host 192.168.1.100 client 192.168.0.100.

Also depending on ISP and other possible settings you may need to use other DNS servers .

If so on the client try OpenDNS https://www.opendns.com/homenetwork/start/

Do this on the Client not on Server. Reboot let us know!

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-2003-vpn-issue.115425/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently came across a few old hard drives taht I want to put into my server for some added storage space. All of them are 40GB, 37.6 actually, and just putting them in would be a pain to keep them all sorted and clean. I was wondering if there was a way to RAID the drives, I have 4 of them, separate from the OS. I prefer to keep my OS on its own HD just incase the drive fails so I don't loose my data. This also means that if the OS drive goes, I need to have the RAID drives still readable by the re-installed OS. If anyone knows of a way to do this please let me know.

Thanks alot,
Sepias