Performance degradation & video display becomes patchy

Q: Performance degradation & video display becomes patchy

Hello

System Specs:

HP/Compaq 8710p laptop
Windows XP SP3
Kaspersky Internet Security

Symptoms over past few months:

After using computer for many hours (8+) performance drastically degrades and the screen display eventually becomes patchy with text and graphics missing. At this point the computer is no longer functional and must be Shut Down. Sometimes a forced power off is required as it won't shut down normally.

After re-boot the computer is back to normal but the problem is consistent.

I occassionally get the "Blue Screen of Death" with reference to "nv4_disp.dll". This has happened approximately once every 3 months over the past year. Eventually I re-installed the Display driver but this hasn't changed the situation.

I have run Malwarebyte's Anti-malware and Kaspersky Anti-virus scans regularly.

Any ideas you have to help resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Becky

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Performance degradation & video display becomes patchy

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Performance degradation & video display becomes patchy

Have you noticed the machine getting hot when the graphics errors occur? Download Speedfan (free app) and monitor your CPU and more importantly your GPU temperatures. Check your temps with the operating temps on the chip manufacturers site. If yours are getting too hot it would explain the slow performance and graphics errors.

To resolve first check your fan is running properly and the fan and heatsink are clean from dust/hair. Also consider cleaning off the old thermal paste and applying a high quality paste to the chips.

What is the BSOD error code?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/performance-degradation-and-video-display-becomes-patchy-470592.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I am running an Elsa Gladiac2 GTS w/32 meg ddr. My problem is the longer my computer is running the slower my graphics card becomes. If I reboot, my performance comes back.
I am using the Nvidia driver 4.12.01.0650. Can someone tell me why I lose performance the longer my system is on, by about half according to 3Dmark 2000? I don't think it is heat related, because I warm boot and the performance comes back.

Thanks,
Rod

System:
Asus A7V mobo
AMD Athlon 800 w/AMD approved cooling fan
256 MB PC-133 module
300 W AMD approved pwr supply
Elsa Gladiac2 GTS w/32 meg DDR
Viewsonic A70 17" monitor
SBLive Value
Linksys PCI Ethernet card
30 gig Maxtor 7200 ATA/100 using the promise controller on mobo
hard drive cooling fan
hp cd-writer 9100 series
cd-rom 40x
3 1/2 floppy
HP Deskjet 722c
MS Natural Keyboard - using keyboard port
MS Intellimouse Explorer using USB port
Windows ME
IE 5.5
Internet provider is ATT @HOME

A:Video performance degradation

Nice rig. What are your system resources running. If there dropping that could be the cause. If it where heat it would lock.
Try the 6.34 or 6.31 drivers, I still think they are better and more stable than 6.50's
try this tweak guide, man knows what he is talking about
http://www.3dgpu.com/tweaking/index.cfm

And another, this covers anything gforce http://www.tweak3d.net/faq/

[This message has been edited by brianF (edited 02-20-2001).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-performance-degradation.35381/
Relevancy 90.3%

I am using a ASROCK Z Video Patchy Display? have and I Random BSD Pro Intel Socket with an Intel Core i K GB of I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display? DDR RAM ADATA GB SSD My brother wanted me to test his GPU NVIDIA GeForce TI and this is when my system started to go hay wire I Tested my PSU That passed my system tester I then used my MOBO Tester no error codes to be worried about I am just questioning either the RAM or the CPU I am now using Intel's onboard GPU and is now doing the same thing as before It has crashed Windows Pro like almost once a day now It crashes with the white lines going across the screen distorting the display When I power cycle it comes back normal and I can use it The day I took out the NVIDIA TI I had my system crashed with a tone of beeps Stupid me never listened to the beeps code and it started fine after I cleared CMOS by removing the BIOS Battery I still had those lines show up I thought it was a virus as my system was running slower than normal and had a BSD with Security Check Error Message The next boot up I had an issue with a MemCheck Error But these BSD where with the GPU and not Onboard Since I took it out I haven't had any BSD My brother has that same NVIDIA GeForce TI Gard in his computer and it works fine and no errors Just wondering why I have to reset the BIOS to defaults every once in a while too I will be running my Memory tester as well to see if it may be bad RAM But something isn't running right My Power Source is a battery backup power supply and every once in a while it shows in windows that the battery is charging as my Power Strip has the USB Cable that connects to the computer and will shut down the computer if it lost power Perhaps this could be what wrong with it too One other question is there a software to test the SSD Performance Perhaps this could be the cause too

A:I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display?

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
Should you have problems with the perfmon report, please disregard it (I don't use it very much anyway).
Should the app lock up for more than 15 minutes while searching for Network information (it does this in my copy of W10), go ahead and kill the app. 
Then navigate to the Documents folder and zip up the 18 reports in the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder - then upload that with your next post.
If that doesn't work, then you can try this new app (from a friend of mine):  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
***********************************************************************************************************

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598793/i-have-random-bsd-and-patchy-video-display/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 7000 that I am using. Sometimes the cursor just sticks and won't move properly and I can't figure out why. I am trying to use it about 10-12 feet from the tower where the receiver is plugged in. When I use the mouse about 2 feet from the receiver it works fine. I thought this mouse was suppose to cover a 30 foot distance. I also have the router right next to the mouse's wireless receiver and not sure if the 2.4 GHZ Frequency interferes. I have tried new batteries and downloading updated drivers, but had no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse with patchy performance!

You have pretty much determined its a distance issue. Distance can vary by the quality of the hardware and any interference within the room. Not too mention it's a notebook mouse, so the primary concern wasn't in achieving great distance.

Is the receiver out in the open?

I know on my computer case, the case extends out beyond the rear USB ports for the receiver and the mouse hardly worked 2 ft away. It worked fine when attached to the front panel of the case, but that wasn't conveinent so I used a USB extension cable to move the receiver under my desk over by the mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-mouse-with-patchy-performance.1069462/
Relevancy 73.96%

Within the past two weeks I have experienced system performance degradation at both my home office and business office. Both are running Windows 7. I experience very long delay after logging in, sporadic system response interruption, and intermittent webcam availability. What advice, other than waiting for the next upgrade, is recommended?

A:Win 7 Performance Degradation

Hi and welcome to TSF have you run disc clean up and defragged your hard drive recently.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-performance-degradation-930914.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all
With Windows XP I found that you needed to re-install it every so often as it would eventually get more sluggish. In fact people accepted gradual performance degradation as normal.

I've been running various Windows 7 machines for a few months now and have only had to re-install Windows because I've changed certain items of hardware / re-arranged disks etc.

I haven't had ANY problems with "Gradual Performance degradation" -- so another "Satisfied Customer".

Cheers
jimbo

A:W7 --No performance degradation after several months

it is good isnt it!! I agree, nice work Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/69788-w7-no-performance-degradation-after-several-months.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have two systems degradation, performance vs. C300 Crucial V3... OCZ SSD with different SSD drives the performance of both systems with Win -bit is just SSD performance degradation, Crucial C300 vs. OCZ V3... fine there are no issues Just out of curiosity I compared the AS SSD historical benchmarks performance to see if there's any substantial performance degradation between the time frames the benchmarks were done The Crucial C seems to hold its performance pretty well That isn't bad after about five month without TRIM relying on GC The OCZ Vertex on the other hand seems to be loosing its edge after less than a month That's a substantial performance degradation especially for write performance and that's despite the fact that TRIM is enabled Since TRIM does not seems to be able to maintain the performance of Vertex is there a way to regain the lost performance Thanks Here are some of the differences between the systems The system with the OCZ SSD is based on the Asus P P L-E board the CPU is i - K and runs Windows SP The system with the Crucial SSD does not have SP the board is Asus P P Pro with the Marvell chipset for the C and the CPU is Core i

A:SSD performance degradation, Crucial C300 vs. OCZ V3...

Which controller are you using with the Vertex 3?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/163311-ssd-performance-degradation-crucial-c300-vs-ocz-v3.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Saw this on Slashdot today I just bought the still unopened and within my return privilege Has anyone seen any similar reports on the EVO An anonymous reader writes with a link to TechSpot s Samsung's Solved: SSD 840 Read Performance Degradation explanation of the reason behind the performance degradation noticed by many purchasers of certain models of Samsung SSD the and EVO and an evaluation of the firmware updates that the firm has released to address is From the piece a mixed but positive opinion of the second and latest of these firmware releases quot It s not an elegant fix and it s also a fix that will degrade the lifetime of the NAND since the total numbers of writes it s meant to withstand is limited But as we have witnessed in Tech Report s extensive durability test there is a ton of headroom in how NAND is rated so in my opinion this is Solved: Samsung's SSD 840 Read Performance Degradation not a problem Heck the Samsung even outlasted two MLC drives As of writing the new firmware has only been released for the model of the SSD EVO so users of the EVO mSATA model still have to be patient It should also be noted that the new firmware does not seem to work well with the TRIM implementation in Linux as this user shared how file system corruption occurs if discard is enabled quot nbsp

A:Solved: Samsung's SSD 840 Read Performance Degradation

I have had a samsung 850 for a little over 3 months. No issues at all. Just ran a benchmark and it shows the same speed [within 2mps] of when it was new.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-samsungs-ssd-840-read-performance-degradation.1147985/
Relevancy 71.38%

I recently installed Siemens OpenStage T phone in my computer with the IP suggested by Siemens The result is that now I have multiple networks one for my domain network and an unidentified for the phone and I noticed a degradation in network performance not in internet connectivity Can anyone help me with that Below is the output of the route print command Interface List e OpenStage T USB Remote NDIS networks with multiple performance Network degradation Network Device c df Intel R DM- Gigabit Network Connection Software Loopback Interface e isatap DB - - B -BED - EF e isatap A -EF - - B A-F AAF EA IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Network performance degradation with multiple networks On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes Network Address Network performance degradation with multiple networks Netmask Gateway Address Metric Default Default IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe efe On-link fe efe On-link fe d c bb On-link fe c ea d faac On-link ff On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/179265-network-performance-degradation-multiple-networks.html
Relevancy 70.52%

We are experiencing a serious performance degradation with the 256Gb NVMe HP Z Turbo Drive SSD in the ZBook Studio G3. It happens with 2 identical ZBooks we ordered so it's not onefold problem.When I received this machine early February, the SSD read performance (as measured with hdparm on linux) was over 2200Mb/s, now it's slighly over 1500 Mb/s and it seems to degrade continuously, based on past weeks' measurements. I did a manual trim on the drive using fstrim now and it trimmed 1.5Gb of data, but read performance is still "only" around 1600 Mb/s. I recall having similar problems with a Samsung 840 Evo drive previously - a firmware upgrade solved that case back then. Is this problem with the Z Turbo Drive something similar? Could it be solved with a firmware upgrade on the drive? Anyone's working on that already? 

A:HP Z Turbo Drive performance degradation in ZBook Studio G3

I am running Windows 10 and just did a test via Samsung Magician and its showing Read: 2065 and write:782 Edit: I have the 500gb version in my studio G3

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z-Turbo-Drive-performance-degradation-in-ZBook-Studio-G3/td-p/5538110
Relevancy 69.66%

Greetings all I've been a longtime lurker and finally bit the membership bullet in order to ask this question I work in an office of people where almost every user has a laptop connected to one of two wireless APs We have an Apple AirPort Express nd Generation AP in each wing of the divided office both feeding into our Cisco RV router vpn APs w/ AirPort Performance on Express Random Office Degradation WiFi station and broadcasting the same SSID name We have a business-class broadband package with Random Performance Degradation w/ Office WiFi on AirPort Express APs a static IP The APs are broadcasting with the n standard on the GHz spectrum Both are running firmware version not the Random Performance Degradation w/ Office WiFi on AirPort Express APs latest Every few weeks users in one half of the office connected to one of dispersed APs suddenly experience dramatic connection problems They maintain a connection and IP address but the link speeds drop to between and Mbps Our laptops normally connect at or Mbps so the drastic change impacts remote RDP sessions Join Me conferences and general productivity I've gotten in the habit of rebooting each AP when any connectivity issues arise Several weeks ago I changed the broadcast channel on one AP to channel previously both had been broadcasting on channel The fact that we have several neighbor wireless networks on channels and prompted the change in hopes of reducing crosstalk Both APs are transmitting at power so I've considered dropping the power to for the AP located in the largest open space The other one serves users through multiple walls Aside from our obvious need to upgrade our overburdened access points do you have any other troubleshooting steps for me to try I'd be happy to provide additional information I'm not sure if I've supplied too much or not enough Thanks for any assistance

A:Random Performance Degradation w/ Office WiFi on AirPort Express APs

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Are you or someone keeping track of the employees web activities? Do you have policy restrictions on unwanted sites (P2P, Video streaming, gaming, etc.)? Might want to look into this and find out if some of your employees are hogging bandwidth.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299470-random-performance-degradation-w-office-wifi-airport-express-aps.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all I have installed a Win Ultimate RTM trial on my pc and connected it to my Internode NakedADSL Ultra net connection It is an Patchy streaming video flash Mbit connection with cat cables and when downloading a Patchy flash video streaming test file from Internode's servers pulls about kB s I have noticed ever since running that youtube and other video streaming sites including facebook collegehumour etc that the buffering is very patchy It does not seem to matter if it is a flash or vimeo or any other kind of video streaming Often times I will be watching a video and the progress bar will catch up with the buffering and simply stop buffering Then when I try to re-watch the video the already buffered material is in the cache and that is all that loads Patchy flash video streaming It does not continue buffering from where it stopped Very annoying I also have a machine with XP which buffers much quicker and with minimal interruptions Can anyone help with this and has anyone noticed the same thing

A:Patchy flash video streaming

Delete and/or wipe your Temporary Internet Files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28081-patchy-flash-video-streaming.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm sure a lot of people have this problem, and it's seriously killing me.

I don't normally notice it, but any time a game is loading or a song or video is buffering...it just stops. I know this is likely due to a short screwup in my connection.

What I don't know is why my internet bounces offline, then back on or how to fix it. I'm hoping I just need to put filters on all my phone jacks, which will be done shortly.

Please help, as I have run out of reliable sources.

I also have a wireless router, if that makes a difference.

A:Patchy connection

If you are using DSL and don't have filters on ALL the phone equipment EXCEPT the DSL modem, that's an obvious first step!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/patchy-connection.788417/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there What I mean by a patchy internet is I could disconnect from the internet for like mins and then come back on this could happen like times in a hour or times Now my household is a medium to heavy user s of the internet Me I rely on a good internet as I play poker for a living and also I like to play the PS so it s frustrating when the internet becomes patchy We have like devices that will use the modem most of them connect through wireless No one really streams anything or downloads music movies etc etc We recently changed ISP when we was with Patchy Internet our old ISP we never had any major problems like this We are also using the same router that we bought any help would be great Thanks in advance If you Patchy Internet have a question about anything post and I will get back to you as soon as I know the answer nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone Colours patchy, or (like 256) 16-bit this is my first post on Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) sevenforums Was on vistax Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) and switched to Win just about a week back The switch from Vista to was pretty easy unlike XP to Vista Now for my problem I was using a D-sub VGA cable to connect my graphics card to my display BIG Geforce GT to Bravia KLV- V A The cable was cheap and of poor quality I guess it had interference issues If they are of relevence i will post it later But now i changed to a DVI-D Dual Link - HDMI cable The Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256) problems i had with the other cable are gone But now the colour gradients are not displayed properly Its like how you would see it in a -bit or colours display A patch of one shade then a patch of the next and not a gradual change It is not as noticable as mode but it is noticable Even on the login screen it can be observed What could be wrong I would be grateful for any help Thank you Adding some details Eg The blue on either side of this page has horizontal patches in the area that the gradation occurs My resolution x colour depth -bit Refresh rate Hz NVIDIA drivers downloaded just a week back I'm uploading two pictures The first desktop is just a simulation ie i saved the picture in colours just to show an exaggerated example of my problem The second i created a new black image and used a gradient tool I can see diagonal patches but im not sure if others will see it

A:Colours patchy, (like 16-bit or 256)

Is my problem that difficult or am i violating any forum rules?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107870-colours-patchy-like-16-bit-256-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I ve got an issue with connecting this PC via my wireless router to the internet It is a patchy issue that works at times and at others gives the messages quot Windows can t communicate with the device or resource Primary DNS Server quot and quot DNS server not responding quot I ve followed the three - issue Win with 7, DNS patchy server communicate can't steps recommended here Method does after some time seem to enable the Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue internet to connect but it seems to last a short while then revert to the error messages posted above This DNS error also happens on every startup and regularly thereafter I ve tried disabling firewalls antivirus etc and running malwarebytes spotbot ccleaner avast and adaware scans to no avail On occasion Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue when using the windows troubleshoot problems on the network toolbar it resets my network adapter and tells me the problem is solved Alternate times I do this it just provides the DNS server error above Due to the tempramental nature of this I ve been unable to resolve it completely but all other devices have no issues with connecting via the router so it s definitely a problem with this machine I have attached my ipconfig all file My system info is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V PRO Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Disabled All help gratefully appreciated Apologies if I ve missed anything important Edit I ve tried powering down the router modem and PC for a while then restarting it all but it didn t help I am also unable to start my PC in safe mode as the video driver doesn t run so the monitor goes black - this may be a limiting factor in my investigation nbsp

A:Win 7, can't communicate with DNS server - patchy issue

we will go over old ground i'm afraid here

1) you have zonealarm, as a virus product do you also have the firewall - make sure you remove all firewalls an use the removal tools - give us a list of what has ever been on the pc and we can give the tools address

2) have you gone to the manufactures website and updated the driver or actually re-installed the driver

3) quite a few things to try below
a) tcp/ip reset
b) ping tests - please do all three - would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
c) Change DNS servers and see if that resolves the issue
d) Uninstall the driver and re-install
e) Post an xirrus screen shot
f) Have you looked into channel interference - the xirrus screen shot will help with that
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.1.1
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the co... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-cant-communicate-with-dns-server-patchy-issue.1129505/
Relevancy 49.02%

When watching youtube videos in HD, especially 1080p, it is not smooth at all, I can manage 720p but sometimes it's jumpy. I have an integrated graphics card ( stock). Does a graphics card affect the HD video performance?

A:Does a video card affect HD video performance?

Yes, it can make a difference a poor card can make the video look grainey and cause other distortions.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/288579-does-video-card-affect-hd-video-performance.html
Relevancy 47.73%

why does KIS 2011 degrade the performance of my system more than other antiviruses?

A:degradation

It's a pretty heavy resource hog

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/110109-degradation.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Spozing i have a 500 GB HDD for a couple of years, lets say its been formatted 2 or 3 times in that period, and im the type of person who likes to try out software & games so theres lots of installing & uninstalling gone on and the HDD is 80% full.

I know that the fuller you get the more searching the armature has to do to find somewhere to deposit its packets and surface material wears and flakes off; so my question is: How full should a drive this old and used be to get optimum performance & better mileage ?

Relevancy 46.87%

My computer is running too sluggishly I have done my share of hard drive cleanup run thorough spyware and AV scans and defragged my hard drive My system however is still running like a turtle and my CPU usage would sometimes reach up to around although there are very few text display & Slow cursor, performance overall programs that are running The cursor is also very slow to respond and the words that I type takes awhile Slow cursor, text display & overall performance to appear on the screen I appreciate any help you can give me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINNT System CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files Utilities GoToMyPC g svc exe C WINNT System mgabg exe C Program Files NovaStor NovaBACKUP NSENGINE exe C Program Files QuickBooks Online Backup OLRegCap EXE C Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exe C Program Files Utilities GoToMyPC g comm exe C WINNT system ssoftsrv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe Slow cursor, text display & overall performance C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Utilities GoToMyPC g pre exe C Program Files Utilities GoToMyPC g tray exe C WINNT System MsPMSPSv exe C WINNT SM BG EXE C Program Files NovaStor NovaBACKUP NbkCtrl exe C WINNT MXOALDR EXE C Program Files Utilities Motherboard Monitor MBM EXE C PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe C WINNT System PDesk PDesk exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINNT System spool DRIVERS W X RPDFLchr exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Online Backup OnlineBackup exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exe C Program Files Utilities Atomic Clock Sync Atomic exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Media Sniffer MtdAcq EXE C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Utilities Spybot - Search amp Destroy Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Utilities ATnotes ATnotes exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINNT DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe C Program Files Utilities WordWeb wweb exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Webshots WebshotsTray exe C Program Files WinBar WinBar exe C Program Files Utilities MailWasher Pro MailWasher exe C Program Files Qualcomm Eudora exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files Utilities SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop Utilities Preventative HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www techtv com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by AT amp T Broadband Internet R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http msnbc com quot C Program Files Netscape Users lt myname gt prefs js O - BHO WnBrowserHelperObj Class - FC -D CD- A - DB- E ECDA - C Program Files AT amp T BBClient Programs SaBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO CitiUS Shared Browser Helper Object - EDF - CF - -BC F- BE C - C WINNT System BhoCitUS dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA UTILIT Spybot - Search amp Destroy Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - BHO no name - c ce - e - fc - - c - no file O - BHO amp RN Object - E B BC ... Read more

A:Slow cursor, text display & overall performance

Your log is clean. Which process is using the CPU cycles?

You said....

Quote:

My system, however, is still running like a turtle and my CPU usage would sometimes reach up to around 90% although there are very few programs that are running.

Ummm..everthing listed under Running processes: in the hijackthis log is running. You do have alot running. Just to be sure it's not malware related..lets try some tools..

Please run an online scan at http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
Select the ?Autofix/Clean? option and save the activescan log. Then post that log in your next post.

Download Silent runners.Vbs http://www.silentrunners.org/
1. Make sure you have any script blocking software disabled
2. Run the program. It will take a few minutes to complete.
3. Once complete it will produce a log named ?StartupPrograms? with Your user and date in the filename. Open that txt file and posts it contents in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-cursor-text-display-and-overall-performance-61738.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Howdy

celeron 700mhz

windose me

Just right clicked on my modem--AZT MR2800-W DATA FAX MODEM

And there is a new option of "graceful degradation" when I select it nothing happens, has anybody any idea what this is??

cheers

bookime

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I've been having this laptop for years now but I think it has serious CPU problems It has i qm in it and it has always running hot but nowadays it's completely useless Here's what happened I bought it in In - idle C render C games - C In - with cooling pad idle - C render C games - C In - stronger cooling pad idle - C render C games C s half of - HDD corrupted of heat but I saved it when service couldn't tee-hee At this time I turned on Power Saving and underclocked it to minimum ghz Now ON ghz it's C idle on stock ghz it's - C idle again I thought it's thermal paste problem but I touch the keyboard and it almost melting so hot and it puts out a lot in CPU degradation my Is this laptop? of heat Like months ago I wanted to do a memory test I took out the cooling pad for some reason and at it turned off I think reached tjunction and the motherboard heat and voltage monitor disappeared I'm extremely curious now what voltages it's working on but I can't see it So I don't know why this is happening what causes the overheating I fear that my second HDD will be ruined because some months ago with cooling pad it was on C but now it's Is this CPU degradation in my laptop? on C

A:Is this CPU degradation in my laptop?

Have you tried any compressed air to blow out the dust from the laptop?

Dust is the main cause of a computer gradually getting hotter over time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337707-cpu-degradation-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have one SSD intel x25m g2 80gb in my laptop and I'm wondering how can I prevent degradation of that ssd. Is updating firmware only solution or I can do something else even better than only updating firmware. I read one article that defrag apps only have positive response on degradation problem. Best regards, Alen

A:How to prevent SSD degradation

You can't. It'd be like fitting a new tyre on a car and expecting it to be eternal. The cells in SSD's fail after XXX millions of read/write sequences. They are then dead, and there is absolutely no afterlife prospect...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/46501-how-prevent-ssd-degradation.html
Relevancy 46.44%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyRecorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks.

A:Video Error Files Needed To Display Video Are Not Installed Or Not Working Correctly

Hi, have you tried a system restore point before the loss of power?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169364/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 46.44%

It was working fine, a circuit tripped and the computer of course lost all power, I booted back up and got this error message when trying to watch live TV:

video error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctlyClick to expand...

Recorded TV plays fine, but live TV gives that error. It says to restart Media Center or restart the computer; I've tried both and neither resolved the error. ANY help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

UPDATE: I tried moving the tuner to another slot and still no success. Uninstall drivers and reinstalled, still nothing. This stinks. :'(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-error-files-needed-to-display-video-are-not-installed-or-not-working-correctly.750241/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, here's what I want to do. I want to send video output to a Plasma in my family room and also have output to the computer monitor in the adjacent office. I have the option of using either VGA or DVI to either monitor, so I can use a video card that has dual VGA/DVI outputs. Or, I can buy a separate PCI video card. Right now I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 7500.

Am I better off to get a new video card with dual monitor output or have two separate video cards. If the former, what video cards do you recommend? I know I've seen recommendations for the 9600 Pro, which seems to have dropped significantly in price? I'd like to stay with ATI as I've always used that.

Relevancy 46.44%

So I am the proud owner of a large music collection How file to degradation? prevent approx k tunes and I recently came across How to prevent file degradation? an issue I was fiddling with the tags of my songs with Tagscanner and copying them over to my external to back them up I ve done this before probably three times as I m one of those people that needs things organized and the right letters capitalized and all that stuff Well this time I corrupted some of the files that I ve had for a long time They will stop playing about halfway through and iTunes just goes to hell when that happens I assume this is because I ve copied the files so many times that they just got wore out I ve ripped the songs back off my iPod and I m going to organize them all again so recovering them is not an issue What I m really asking is what precautions can I take to reduce file degradation Are there programs out there that quot polish quot files The built in Windows File Checker thing just patches up broken songs by making it skip and sometimes doesn t even work Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Prior to a "System Recovery" FS9 was operating without problem.

Since the recovery I get frequent system lockups or or badly pixilated (?) screen.

To this point I have upgraded my nVidea drivers, re-downloaded 'Direct X', run benchmarks (System Mechanic 6), and reinstalled FS9 (next step would be to remove all files after installation but I have years! of added scenery and aircraft - hoping to avoid that!).

I will attach further information re the computer and the problem. If further information is required just let me know, thanks!

Scirocco

Relevancy 46.44%

Hardware: IBM 380Z Type 2635-JGU HD: 20 Gb RAM: 160 Mb
300 MHz Clock
Notebook Computer

Software: MS-XP SP2 Media Player(s): MS-Media Player 10.00.00.3646
Power DVD Player

Media Used: DVD disk and video movie download (Cinemanow.com)

Issue: Video Display has slow update and loses frames on both DVDs and Video Movie downloaded files.

[1] The computer has always had this problem; this is not a new issue.

[2] I have tried adjusting the Display settings provide by XP with no measurable improvement.

[3] Sound is not affected and has good quality.

[4] When MS-Media Player is used and is minimized to the task bar (mini screen presentation) the Video Display quality improves, but is not acceptable.

[5] Only about half of Video Movie can be viewed. Image freezes and play button is enabled. When play is clicked, the Video Movie restarts from the beginning.

Does anyone have a suggestion, I am out of ideas.

A:Video Display has slow update and loses frames on both DVDs and Video Movie downloade

Wow, it just might be the ancient processor you have and the very small amount of Ram you have. Video really eats up resources and I think you dont have the power to run it without problems, The key here is that when you minimize your preview window in Media Player, you have less problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-display-has-slow-update-and-loses-frames-on-both-dvds-and-video-movie-downloade.382647/
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically i did bunch of dual display setups before but using two video cards or using one video card with two outputs but this is the FIRST TIME im trying with a built in intergrated card and a PCI card.

Heres the issue.

I hooked up the PCI video card and when i plugg both monitors in, the intergrated video card gives a yellow exclamation point in the device manager and nothing shows up on the monitor. Only the PCI video card shows signal..

I tried un-installing both cards, redoing it from ground up, tried disabling and renabling both cards but only one monitor shows up and that is the PCI card.
What do you guys think?

Thanks

A:DUAL DISPLAY SETUP - PCI VIDEO CARD & INTERGRATED VIDEO.. Possible?

Check that the on-board video is enabled in the Bios.

It's possible you can't have both working at the same time, should be able to check this if you know what motherboard it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-display-setup-pci-video-card-intergrated-video-possible.667381/
Relevancy 46.44%

HI Everybody..
My name is shan and iam new to this forum.
i have a issue with my images and video not on the whole computer but the images which is transfered from a mobile. the message what i get is "this is not a valid image file" and "no preview available" with any image editor.
i erased the data on the phone and i have the data only on my hard disk.
i tried to upload but could not upload the files since it give an error as invalid image file or mp3 file.
Please, I need your help in fixing this issue...
let me know how to post those files and guide me in fixing this issue.

Thanks in advance

A:images and video dosent display(image & video corrupt)

what is the file type? if you right click on the file and click on properties it should pop up a screen and it would should something like this.(check my attachment for a visual aid =D)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/images-and-video-dosent-display-image-video-corrupt.933466/
Relevancy 46.01%

So I got this issues almost on all my windows systems over some time, started I guess since win 7.
Basically, after Windows fresh install all goes fine, rebooting goes well and apps starting fast. But after some time, a week or so, Windows starts really slowly. Once I turn on PC, Windows loads into explorer and starting to slowly load skype and QIP (icq). Doing cleaning with CCleaner doesn't help much. After it loads skype and qip it needs like 2-3 mins to "start working properly" cuz if I start launching Firefox, for example, it will load really slow and all tabs gonna freeze for few seconds. Just lagfest...

Any ideas how I can bring back fast start without reinstalling OS?

A:Windows 8.1 speed degradation over time

You'll need to figure out what exactly is causing the problems. Best guess would be a malware infestation, but would need more info to go off of.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56402-windows-8-1-speed-degradation-over-time.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am having issues with my Vista machine's network bandwidth ---

It is a WIRED connection to a Linksys WRT54GS using a Marvell Yukon 88E8071 PCI-E 1GB network adapter.

Over the course of time the Vista machine is up, the network bandwidth download speed decrease significantly ( 60% of what it should be ). Rebooting restores the bandwidth to what I think it should be ( My wirless XP machines (2) work perfectly ).

I have updated the network adapter driver, removed the MMCSS dependency, and disabled TCP autotuning parm ( using netsh ). Nothing has worked -- Can you help ?

Here is the test run after the machine has been up and running for few hours :

( bottom number is upload speed which is greater than download speed !!!!!!! )

Here is the test run directly after rebooting :

I am also attaching a summary so you can see the fluctuations ( left hand column is download / right is upload speed ) :

A:Help Please - Vista Network Bandwidth degradation

These are testing your WAN bandwith, if other computers on the network are downloading/uploading then it will lower your WAN bandwith. Basically, this isn't an accurate measure of your network card since there are so many other things coming into play (your ISP, peek usage times for your ISP, latency between hops, etc). Try transferring a file over your network and see if it's slow. If your network card is actually being slowed down then your files would transfer extremely slow. Also, if it is a 1gbps adapter then your actually being lowered to a lot less then 60%, 1gbps = 1,000,000kbps so if your actually being lowered to 5000kbps then your actually at 0.005% of your network adapter's speed, which I doubt. And yes I know that 1gbps isn't actually 1,000,000kbps after overhead, etc, either way it doesn't add up...).

So, try transferring a large file after restarting your computer and see how fast it goes then try transferring one when you think its slow and see how fast it goes. Post the results here.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/199786-help-please-vista-network-bandwidth-degradation.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I get the boot degradation error in three types when i start my PC.

At the same time i have blue screen(BSOD) issue also.

Below is the error message,

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0
BCP2: 0000000000000001
BCP3: FFFFF800028E0162
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\100211-15288-01.dmp
C:\Users\Karthik\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31902-0.sysdata.xml

kindly check and advice.

A:Boot Degradation and BSOD issue

Hi sharma5015

Please follow these simple steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190834-boot-degradation-bsod-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Beginning this past Friday, I have had enormous problems with Internet connection speed.  I had Bitdefender Plus installed; I have scanned the computer with that, Malwarbytes and even run ComboFix, but found no infection on the computer.  The seems to be with something either downloading or uploading from my computer - none of the other computers on the network seem to be affected.  In a three hour period on Monday, our network downloaded more than 10GB of data - though none of us were downloading anything at all.  While I'm writing this, I'm running MalwareBytes again, just it in case some new profile gets picked up. 

Any suggestions on how I should proceed?

Thanks for your help!

A:Degradation of Internet Connection Speed

Please...initiate a new topic, following Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and paste your ComboFix log data into the new topic, along with the requested FRST data.  That topic is to be opened in the forum which reflects the Prep Guide, do not post any other data in this topic (AII Forum).

Once that is done, this topic will be closed and all comments should be directed to your new topic in the Malware Removal Logs forum.

Thanks .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597527/degradation-of-internet-connection-speed/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok so I've been doing some serious skinning lately building everything in photoshp and then slicing up for various app skins etc.. to my dismay!! I have noticed a degradation when desktop backgrounds are applied, it appears that images are converted and turned into a low quality jpegs, a noticeable increase in noise and artifacting occurs.
Im not sure if this is a new thing or if its always been an issue in windows I guess my intense scrutiny of every pixel has driven me mad!!!

the images are resized so you need to click on them to notice.

Is there any way around this?

A:desktop backgrounds and quality degradation

Listen to an Antism ..

Patient: Doc, it hurts when I do this..
Doctor: Then don't do it ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/22086-desktop-backgrounds-quality-degradation.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all Been having a few nigglie issues with my system just of late nothing too serious i don't Degradation Boot manager - Cleanup think however i have started to notice a decrease in startup performance ok i shouldn't moan at seconds but that very slow for my specs anyway i generated a system heal report and notices i had performance issues being video performance of which my system has always complained about but Cleanup manager - Boot Degradation i now have the new one namely disc space clean-up manager for windows cleanmgr exe Microsoft corporation I'm sure this should not be a start-up item unless the system is instructed to do so by orders of my self I will most likely take the path of a fresh install but thought i might check here st Cleanup manager - Boot Degradation to see if you can help me resolve this issue and make some benefit for others with the same issue this is not the only item that has deteriorated other items such as MSN have also become sluggish but i think Cleanup manager - Boot Degradation its all related This application took longer than usual to start up resulting in a performance degradation in the system startup process File Name cleanmgr exe Friendly Name Disk Space Cleanup Manager for Windows Version vista rtm - Total Time ms Degradation Time ms Incident Time UTC - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Guid cfc ec - b - eba- b- caee b a EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID - Correlation ActivityID - - -AEB - AC FCA - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational Computer Alan-PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData StartTime - - T Z NameLength Name cleanmgr exe FriendlyNameLength FriendlyName Disk Space Cleanup Manager for Windows VersionLength Version vista rtm - TotalTime DegradationTime PathLength Path C Windows System cleanmgr exe ProductNameLength ProductName Microsoft Windows Operating System CompanyNameLength CompanyName Microsoft Corporation I have ran avast spy-bot and ad-aware even a quick scan using A square with not results other than cookies

A:Cleanup manager - Boot Degradation

Apparently you are running the RTM version of Windows. Download and install SP1 and SP2.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241409-cleanup-manager-boot-degradation.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi, recently my laptop wont display any video content on SVideo mode, but only if open with real player formats. Non real player format file works, like windows media player files works.
Before, my laptop does display real player contents, just now.

I need some help plz !

A:video wont display real player video

Preferences - Hardware - Video Compatibility - move the slider to 'Most Reliable'
to disable Optimized Video and Overlays.

Also,see deimos`s post HERE Maybe some use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-wont-display-real-player-video.86814/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I get the boot degradation error in three types when i start my PC.

At the same time i have blue screen(BSOD) issue also.

Below is the error message,

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0
BCP2: 0000000000000001
BCP3: FFFFF800028E0162
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\100211-15288-01.dmp
C:\Users\Karthik\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31902-0.sysdata.xml

kindly check and advice.

Thanks,
Sharma

A:Boot Degradation always when i start my PC and Also BSOD issue

Hi sharma5015

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190544-boot-degradation-always-when-i-start-my-pc-also-bsod-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Last week I got hit with the Vista Internet Degradation Removal AFTER Malware Memory/Sound Security virus malware The Memory/Sound Degradation AFTER Malware Removal most noticable affect it had was that I could not open programs by double clicking on icons I had to right click and choose run as administrator or start I Memory/Sound Degradation AFTER Malware Removal used Malwarbytes to get rid of it After the Malwarbytes scan I deleted the items it found I can now run my programs normally The problem now is that it appears something is hogging my memory I say that because now I can t download surf and listen to music at the same time In fact I can t do anything when I m Memory/Sound Degradation AFTER Malware Removal downloading because the pointer just stops gets If there was music files playing it stops or skips Music even skips from just loading web pages My download speed is half what it was and it staggers or pauses I ran spybot and a full windows defender scan since then Nothing else was detected but the problem remains I m running bit Vista bit AMD Turion X on an HP Pavillion dv - us gb of ram Below is my hijack this log Any ideas of how this can be remedied would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Corel Corel PhotoDownloader Corel Photo Downloader exe C Program Files x comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntiSpy exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media TSMAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C Program Files x Sony Content Transfer ContentTransferWMDetector exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe C Program Files x Pando Networks Pando Pando exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Mi... Read more

A:Memory/Sound Degradation AFTER Malware Removal

Since Malwarebytes was successful in removing the malware, I registered it and had in running in the background. I noticed it would occassionally block websites that I deemed safe so I right clicked on the Malwarebytes icon and unchecked the website blocking feature. Forgeting to turn it back on, I begin running the system as usual and immediatley noticed pages loading quicker, no audio distortion and dload speeds back to normal. I turned it back on, to be sure, and as suspected the distortion started. So that definately was the issue in this case. Thanks to all who took a look at this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-sound-degradation-after-malware-removal.918947/
Relevancy 45.58%

My Gateway ML runs lean and clean with only Office and no startup programs listed in Defender Explorer Recently it has begun to slow down signifcantly on startup I found errors logging in the Diagnostic-Performance gt Operational Event Log usually with a Critical Event about startup degradation accompanied by multiple Errors about indiviual apps drivers taking longer to complete resulting in performance degradation in system start-up process Most recent are Event quot Foreground optimizations prefetching took longer to complete resulting in a performance degradation in the system start up process quot Events quot This driver took longer to initialize resulting in a performance degradation in the system start up process quot HdAudAddService PptpMinport Ndistapi NdisWan AgereSoftModem Events quot This application took longer than ususal to start up quot LogonUIxe mmc exe svchost exe etc Each time it seems to be different services degradation in Major start-up Basic Vista drivers and applications which are delayed and they individually Major start-up degradation in Vista Basic troubleshoot ok I was advised by Gateway to do a clean reinstall which I have done twice with no change in the situtation leading me to believe it might be a setting in the Boot or BIOS which is incorrect It is the same with or without my Avast antivirus Any help would be much appreciated because this is ruining what was once a fast notebook

A:Major start-up degradation in Vista Basic

Do you think you have spyware or a bug? I would try spybot search and destroy before anything drastic. It may take care of the problem. Also, I found ccleaner can repair registry corruptions that can cause slow downs.

Download CCleaner 2.10.618 - FileHippo.com

Download Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6 - FileHippo.com

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/175919-major-start-up-degradation-vista-basic.html
Relevancy 45.15%

K. This is a really weird one. I had a problem with an unresolvable bug slowing down my computer (2.4 Ghz P4, i845,1gb Ram & 128 MB GeForce4 Ti4800) so I did a deep reformat and re-installation of W2K Pro and all of my software.

Now for some reason, my polygon rates measured in my programs (Nascar Heat FS2002 etc...), only equate to 1/4 of what they used to be regardless of what version of DirectX or NVidia Software Driver I'm running.

Has my motherboard/CPU/RAM become trash as a result of the bug I had before??

I tried Reformat/Reinstallation several times (with both Fat32 and NTFS) and have not been able to solve the problem.

Help!!!!!

A:Video Performance Issues

that is possible but i couldn't tell you for sure

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-performance-issues.234132/
Relevancy 45.15%

I own a Sapphire Radeon PRO M video card After doing some benchmarks I found that the video card excels in D graphics but is very poor at D graphics It was slower than almost every card except for integrated video My system configuration is as performance Sluggish video follows AMD Athlon XP M PC Mhz RAM GB Hard Drive Gigabyte GA- N-L Motherboard Creative Audigy Gamer Sound Card Everything else in my system Sluggish video performance is working just fine Running applications is no problem but when it comes to games I m not getting good frame rates For example I got around fps running Need for Speed Hot Pursuit which is not Sluggish video performance a very demanding game I set the resolution at with default graphics settings I know my video card is a mediocore one but I should be getting around fps Settings in the ATI control panel are at default Also I can t change the AGP aperture size in my BIOS AGP Sluggish video performance setting is at X Am I doing something wrong or are some settings incorrect Any suggestions Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

My video card just died.
I need some help making a selection.
I'm looking for something greather than a 9800GT and with low fan noise output.
Would the sapphire vapor-x series be the only way to go?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102815

I currently have:

CPU: AMD 6400+ 64X2 3.2 (needs 125watts)
Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling 610watt

A:Quite performance video cards.

If you really want those(perf.+quiet) combined... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102810 + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186016 (maybe add a quiet fan on top? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608004 Cheaper ones do exist, but Noctuas are truly a whisper compared to just about any other fan)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quite-performance-video-cards.840827/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently went to PCPitstop.com to see how my system was doing and after I ran the tests it said that my video card was underperforming.

Video performance of this system, 38.55 megapixels per second, is significantly lower than average. Systems with the same processor and amount of memory typically perform at a level of 58.1 MPS.Click to expand...

My video card is an NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro.

I went to NVIDIA's web-site and downloaded the latest drivers and ran the tests again and there was virtually no noticable difference.

If anyone has an idea/solution it would be much appreciated...

Kevin

A:video card performance

I would think it's your video card slowing you down

The M64 is an older much slower chip then the current

It only has half the transfer bandwidth of the tnt2 ultra's and nowhere close to the gforce chips.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-performance.76230/
Relevancy 45.15%

I ran a full test from PC pitstop and it said I had Unusually Low Video Performance.

Video performance of this system, 71.1 megapixels per second, is significantly lower than average.

I tried the solutions. But still get this message.
http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/VidSlow.asp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a 1 year old HP Pavilion slimline with 3 GB memory and 320 GB hard drive with way over 3/4 of the drive free. When I first got this PC I never had any problems playing videos (on YouTube, etc.). Lately however, I have a problem with videos stalling (little circle turning round while video is stopped) quite frequently. This does not happen with all videos, so I'm wondering if this could just be a problem with the source or a problem with my system. I have my defragmenter on a once a month schedule, clean up hard disk pretty regularly, etc. My question is, what can I do to maximize my video performance?

Fred

http://www.vistax64.com/software/267457-maximizing-video-performance.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello my name is Jamie I m a casual gamer who enjoys playing MMORPGs like Cabal Online Silkroad and am looking Video Or Performance? what.. Laggy/Bad forward to playing Aion I also like to play older FPS games like TF Quake III Unreal etc Lately I ve been having a problem with any game that I play my system will randomly freeze for about seconds usually looping what s going on sound-wise at the time Like if somebody s talking on vent they can be saying a sentance like quot Today I had a nice day I went to the grocery store Laggy/Bad Video Performance? Or what.. quot But in the moment my computer is frozen I hear quot Today I had a Today I had a Today I had a Today I had a Today I had a quot for seconds then I Laggy/Bad Video Performance? Or what.. ll hear the rest of the conversation that occured in that seconds all at once I m running XP on an Athlon GHz I have a Soundblaster X-fi Xtrememusic card and a mb GeForce GT running at x My DxDiag can be found here http pastie org Is the problem I m running into a result of my Video Card What s going on I m not looking to play Crysis or anything but I d like to be able to play my games at full settings without lag Thank you so much for reading this nbsp

A:Laggy/Bad Video Performance? Or what..

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Just a few questions,

Have you made any changes to the system (hardware / software) recently or around the time the problem started?

Is the problem only when you play games or do you get some problems during other applications / programs?

Have you cleaned out your system at all? Build up of dirrt inside the case can cause heat problems which can manifest themselves in many ways.

Do you run a Firewall, Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware programs at all, if so which ones?

Can you list your full system specs. If its a pre-built machine (HP, Dell etc) then a make and model should be enough assuming you haven't made any hardware changes. If its a self build then CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Hard Drives, CD Drives, Power Supply (Make, model and wattage) etc.

The most info you can give us the quicker we can help get to the root of the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laggy-bad-video-performance-or-what.835680/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently installed a PNY tnt-2 32 meg video card on a system with a 200mhz pentium. i realize that, to get the performance i am looking for, the processor isnt quite as fast as it should be, and that a 64 meg videocard is preferable.
my question is, are there any tweaks to boost the video performance, ie. limiting sound, etc..

i have 256 megs of ram and am running win98.
the isssue is with the game Vietnam-Black Ops and it says it recommends 16 meg. still some choppiness while playing, and reducing the screen size helps a little.

happy new year!

oh yeah...i downloaded the patch from the game from the mfr website.

A:boost video performance?

check out this guide here, might help you with some settings to improve it a little

http://www.tweak3d.net/tweak/rivatnt/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boost-video-performance.63626/
Relevancy 45.15%

Alright so recently i ve been having a problem with my video performance It s performance? video Spaztic only happened when playing KWKOTOR or Jedi knight Jedi outcast What s going on is my moniter keeps spazing out the picture gets fuzzy and then goes black then the moniter says quot Video mode not supported quot It s probably something to do with my video card Nvida GeForce Ti and my moniter is a Samsun SynMaster n On JK setting the video syn seemed to have solve the problem but for KOTOR it does nothing At first it only effects it Spaztic video performance? during game play when I hit pause it seems to go away sorta Then when I close the game it still spazzes out The text is blurry and nothing I do seems to help correct this issue I think I have to update my video driver so I tried that I went to Nvidia com and went to the driver section Clicked on quot graphics driver quot selected quot Geforce amp TNT quot then selected my OS installed it restarted and the problem still remains Can any one please help Perhaps direct me to the proper driver page nbsp

A:Spaztic video performance?

that sounds like a monitor problem if you ask me mate.. have you checked the video settings on the monitor to make sure that the monitor can even handle the resolution that you have set on the video during game play.. check that then try another monitor if you have one to make sure that it is definately not the monitor that is causeing the issue. does this happen on the desktop or when you are just browsing the internet or running any non 3d 2d apps?? that is a 128mb card right...you have got the right driver page.. you could try the omega drivers on it... http://www.omegadrivers.net/ here...if the video card came with a fan i would check the fan also the cableing around it to make sure you have good ventilation

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spaztic-video-performance.43818/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey,
My video card ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M (ATI display adapter (0x5955))
Which is run in a laptop, Compaq Presario V2000, has been unable to run certain games ect.
For example WoW. I compared my laptop to my friends, and his wow runs perfectly, we both basically have the same specs.
Is there anyway that my video card is using less than 128 mb of memory?
help,

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a 1 year old HP Pavilion slimline with 3 GB memory and 320 GB hard drive with way over 3/4 of the drive free. When I first got this PC I never had any problems playing videos (on YouTube, etc.). Lately however, I have a problem with videos stalling (little circle turning round while video is stopped) quite frequently. This does not happen with all videos, so I'm wondering if this could just be a problem with the source or a problem with my system. I have my defragmenter on a once a month schedule, clean up hard disk pretty regularly, etc. My question is, what can I do to maximize my video performance?

Fred

A:Maximizing Video Performance

Hello Fred44,
Try these two free and easy to use apps to speed up your system.

Malwarebytes.org

Piriform - Download Backup Registry When Prompted.

These will clear out all junk files and malware.

Follow this tutorial. It will ensure that your file system is in good order.

System Files - SFC Command

Go to the manufacturers site and update all your drivers, sound, video, chipset, and any others they have on offer.

Also, go to Run, type "msconfig" (no quotes), click on startup tab, take a look there at what is being started with Windows, uncheck anything that is not needed by Vista. Anything you stop, can be started manually when needed.
If you are not sure as to what you can close, take a picture and upload it, we can advise as to what you can shut off.

The problems with the you tube videos are likely to be with the server, however, check to see if there are any updates for your flash player, and disable all the add-ons you don't use in IE.

Follow these steps, and it will ensure that your system is malware free, and your files and drivers are in good order.

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268116-maximizing-video-performance.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Is there any difference in performance between the AMD Radeon HD 9600 and the Radeon HD 6950.

Thanks

jean bloom

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys, I need some assistance. A couple of weeks ago my system played videos smooth with no problems. But now any video including flash play slow and and cpu usage goes to 100%. It doesn't even matter if it's low resolution, it still sticks. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

A:slow video performance

Is this a desktop, a laptop ? What are the brand and model of the computer or the full system specs if it's a custom build ?

If it's a desktop enter the BIOS at startup, locate the hardware monitor screen and report the temps, fan speeds and voltages. Turn the power off, unplug the power cord, open the computer case and clean any dust you see on the fans and heatsinks (CPU, video card, power supply).

Have you installed new programs since then ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-video-performance-466438.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Is their anyone on this forum who knows of a good program to test the performance of a video adapter and test to see if it is working correctly. Preferably one with diagnostic capabilities.

Any advice appreciated.

A:video adapter performance

Any number of diagnostic programs can test your video adapter, but you may have difficulty finding one that'll test it thoroughly. Programs such as Norton and Nuts & Bolts do a cursory test and don't really put the video through it's paces very much. You may want to run a simple directX diagnostic to make sure it's up to snuff for games that need directX. You should find a program called dxdiag.exe in your c:\windows\system folder, or your could run a search for it by typing dxdiag in "find" on your start menu. The program icon is a big yellow X on a blue background.

If there's a good utility to do what you're looking to do, someone here will know, they're surprisingly resourceful!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-adapter-performance.32307/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have found a bug on 2 Pc(s) with Vista 64 and 32.

When i listen a sound (mp3, divx, dvd etc.) in windows -> the bandwidth become low.

I use iperf to see it and why i use this tool, it's because when i streaming from PC to my PC, it's work very well only if i disable the sound.

Without sound : the datarate is equal to 90Mbytes (my network is gigabit).
With sound if wmplayer, powerdvd, winamp etc. : the datarate is equal to 5.8Mbytes.

i see it too if i transfert file on net work, if no soft with sound is open -> All work done.

Thx for your help,

Sebastiii.

A:Vista Network Gigabit Bandwidth degradation when audio is on.

Hi,

i found a solution :
Reports have been flooding the web that the network transfer speed of Windows Vista drops to a low level when the user plays music at the same time. While there does not seem to be a obvious connection between network transfers and sounds being played and everyone would probably consider other possibilities first it seems that a service called MMCSS, the Multimedia Class Scheduler Service.
Mark Russinovich described the technical process in his blog explaining that ?when a multimedia application begins playback, the multimedia APIs it uses call the MMCSS service to boost the priority of the playback thread into the realtime range? which basically means that every other thread - including network transfers - see a performance drop because of this.

The following method has been working for most users who experienced the slowdown in network traffic in Vista while playing music.
Don?t play music while transferring files. This is pretty obvious but probably not the best solution for most users
Remove the MMCSS dependency of Windows Audio in the registry. To do that navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Services \Audiosrv, right-click the DependOnService string and remove MMCSS from it.

Solution @ Fix for slow Vista Network Transfer while playing Music

----------------------------------
The fix involves editing the Registry to turn off Network Throttling. As always create a System Restore Point to backup your Registry, then follow the steps below.
Click the Start Orb and type Regedit in the search box.
Click Regedit.exe at the top of the search results under programs.
if you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Navigate to the following key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionMultimediaSystemProfile
In the right hand pane double click NetworkThrottlingIndex and type in FFFFFFFF (that?s 8 F?s) in the Hexadecimal field.
Click Ok and restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

@ How to Improve Network Performance in Windows Vista | Vista Revisited

Sebastiii

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212164-vista-network-gigabit-bandwidth-degradation-when-audio.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My Windows 7 PC experiences a jump from normal 4mS ping to 40-50mS ping after 1 to 5 days operation. The PC is connected directly to my fibre router/modem which connects to other PC's, all of which do not have the fault. The jump in the ping is accompanied by a fall in upload/download speeds from 100Mbps to 5-10Mbps in both directions, but after 2-3 hours this corrects itself and returns to 100/100Mbps. But the slow pings remain.

An example JPG trace attached.

To correct the problem, I disable, then enable my LAN adapter card. This works every time until the next occurance.

I have substituted a new LAN adapter card, (different brand, Intel, vs Realtek on motherboard), which has no effect.

My conclusion is there is something in the PC setup causing the problem.

Can anyone suggest how I might find out what this is?

A:Random Ping Degradation, Jump, Spike on W7 Computer

Welcome to the forum. If you can do all our scans and post results lets see what's going on PCHF System Scans

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/125346-random-ping-degradation-jump-spike-w7-computer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

From Microsoft support : "After you install security update 3013455, you may notice some text quality degradation in certain scenarios. The problem only occurs on systems that are running Windows Vista SP2 or Windows Server 2003 SP2."

Any idea when to expect a patch?

Thanks.

A:Security Update 3013455 Text Quality Degradation

No one here could answer that question, unless we guess. MS will have to issue the patch or at least notify as to when

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303526-security-update-3013455-text-quality-degradation.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently installed a newer video card in my rather old computer. But it actually made the performance when playing Flight Simulator 2004 worse? With my old GeForce 2 Pro I could run the graphics medium to low, but with the new better card I can put all the sliders as low as possible and it is still unplayable. It gets under 20 fps. I also upgraded from 512mb of RAM to 1Gb when I installed the new GPU, so I was expecting a considerable upgrade in performance in FS, I didn't expect it to get worse!!
Here are my specs: AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.74GHz, 1GB RAM. ASUS A7N266-VM mobo. XP Home. The new GPU is a GeForce 6200A 128MB http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814140060

Does anyone know what could cause this??

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I ve had this Dell XPS m since September so it s performance? video Degrading card months old or so About months into owning it the motherboard died and it had to be replaced Soon after that I replaced the default Vista install with an XP SP install Everything was groovy Recently I noticed some strange things start to happen with my laptop Logins started to take Degrading video card performance? as long as seconds that issue I resolved however -- my computer had the wrong value set for its domain and my computer started to get very hot while doing Degrading video card performance? simple tasks like downloading a torrent It got hot where the Degrading video card performance? hard drive is so I attributed that heat as a product of the large files being written However that wasn t satisfactory for me as the torrents were downloading at say kb s at which write speed it doesn t make much sense for the hard drive to be overtaxed I defragged the hard drive several times Even though initially it said quot you do not need to defragment quot it took near an hour and a half to defragment my mostly-contiguous GB partition This didn t fix the heat issue while downloading torrents Then when I installed a new game Neverwinter Nights I had to decrease all graphics settings to their lowest setting in order for the game to run smoothly at ALL I suspected a virus I first did a full scan for both spyware and virii using AVG free editions of both Nothing was found However I decided to roll back my system to a week before before the initial issue of the slow logins just in case a sneaky program had taken over at some point Now most everything seems to be resolved The hard drive doesn t seem to overheat as much my fan doesn t kick on for simple tasks However my graphics card still seems to be struggling mightily with things that shouldn t give it much trouble Read I m not sure if I m merely mis-remembering the performance of my graphics card in the past but I m fairly certain I m not My graphics card is a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce M GS with MB of video RAM I believe that several months ago it could run Portal on medium-to-high settings with no difficulty Now I must run Portal with everything on the lowest settings Is there anything that could be going wrong software-wise I have the most recent video drivers available from Dell s support site I also flashed my BIOS to the most recent revision again using the automated installer from Dell s support site Or is it possible that my video card is somehow degrading Any information at all would be helpful to know Thanks for your time and thought Tyler Denniston EDIT Problem solved The issue was overheating -- I propped the back end of my laptop up about inches and set a portable fan to blow directly across the back and underside of the computer and Portal runs smooth as can be now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/degrading-video-card-performance.695969/
Relevancy 44.72%

is there any driver(s) needed to solve this problem? anyone please..

A:Could not measure video playback performance

kentoi, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Quite possibly there is but without knowing your system specs, we can't tell you what you might need or where to get them. Filling in your system specs would go a long way to helping you,

http://www.sevenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

Make and model will also do if it is an OEM (Dell, HP,etc) computer.

This can help,

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

if unsure what anything is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/178114-could-not-measure-video-playback-performance.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there It's been a while since I type here last time but thanks to You Virus performance attacking video guys my main computer is still running after almost years from now However my second PC started to behave irrationally First - the longer I use PC the more troubles with video I do have Some people might say hey check GPU Yes it's quite warm but it doesn't hurts when I touch it Nice warmy place on PCB so Virus attacking video performance I guess that no overheating takes place Also sensors show up to Celcius Degree I know it's not so cold but GPU should be fine But I think it's something else - many of my websites behave in extraordinary way - either it loads for a split of second to become gray all along sometimes ANY buttons on that page doesn't work don't know why also find it disturbing to fulfil some online docs with fields to fulfil - PC behave like it forgot what I just put there What's more my outpost firewall is doing haywire again Not with the warnings instead of that I'm having big problems with getting into options of any kind - part of active screen freezes and show either white background or gray one or desktop with icons The same stuff happens with foobar k chrome or Firefox Skype etc However none of it shows when I'm playing games like carmageddon TDR k age of empires or worms Armageddon Looks weird to me that games could be displayed normally but desktop cannot I've tried to download drivers from ati website - but again My PC shows me gray for the first time couple reloads changed only fields to fulfil to empty ones I've tried it with Firefox but fox betrayed me with text about xul dll file When I wanted to uninstall it PC told me that access to uninstaller is impossible After downloading a stub of and get it running every time it stops on the same spot with title download stopped Of course that doesn't stop me from browsing internet without any errors No scans have been provided yet My current GPU diode shows Celcius on desktop Also - my matrix screensaver can't display letters anymore - either only sentences without effects of falling letter chains or nothing depends on what If this topic is placed wrong I'm sorry - actually don't know if it's software or hardware By the way - Radeon HD with dram Windows Xp sp What's more - I'm having some stupid errors with total commander out of system resources error my Skype was getting nervous also crashes d b bigger and bigger part of my apps shows crc error Could it be slow death of my HDD

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582750/virus-attacking-video-performance/
Relevancy 44.72%

My computer is fairly new about months now and I have a decent system Unfortunatly the best video card I could get with with Video Problems Reformat Performance after the package I recieved is a GeForceFX LE MB x video card which I know is pretty low quality I am running it with a Watt Powersupply AMD MB Corsair HeatSpreading RAM etc When I first got the computer Everything ran great Half Life Rise Problems with Video Performance after Reformat of Nations Farcry World of Warcraft any DVD anything It all ran very nice and very smooth However when I reformatted my comptuer cause I got a lot of junk I started to recieve very crappy video performance Not only were all my games running horribly at lowest quality I can t even run a streaming video at kb s It s choppy even with the newest video drivers installed and I ve yet to recieve an answer from nVidia or Cyberpower about why this would happen I was wondering if anyone else would know what happened or more importantly how I can fix this problem I would love to have my computer back to the way it was when I bought it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-video-performance-after-reformat.32988/
Relevancy 44.72%

Before I start let me just say that I'm new to this forum.

So, I'm currently rendering a 2-3 minute video and the rendering took about 20 minutes... I just upgraded my computer to a 64-bit OS and it works perfectly fine. But why does it take so much time to render a video in 1080p at 30FPS? I use Sony Vegas, by the way. Seriously, do I have to like do something because it takes FOREVER. And I have a friend who's PC is more than 4 years old and the rendering took less than 8 minutes.

A:Video rendering and overall performance slow

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Can you first fill up your system specifications by following the tutorial below?

System Info - See Your System Specs

This will help us solve your conundrum.. without your system specs we wouldn't be able determine why you're getting the results you're getting...

EDIT:- Video rendering/encoding using x264 at 1080p is a very very CPU intensive task that would run like molasses for any system with less than a quad core or i7 sandy bridge or newer. As a point of reference my own aging laptop which is nearly 3 years old now has a Core 2 and takes 6+ hours to render/encode a 1 hour 1080p 24 fps movie clip using Handbrake

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/237816-video-rendering-overall-performance-slow.html
Relevancy 44.72%

A long time ago I posted here with a problem that I had with an nVidia card It would skip horribly mess up the animation and turn things red Many people came to me with solutions none of them helped at all So I went to return the card when I did They mentioned that nVidia cards sometimes have a problem with certain motherboards They said quot Try an ATI see how it works for you quot So now I am using an ATI Radeon MB DDR I went to quot the darkside quot as nVidia users would call it But I Performance... Boosting Card Video am very happy with my new card works prefectly Except for two things Games skip on a predefined basis like every seconds Also it garbles the colors on Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition Otherwise it works fine So basically I just want any suggestions on boosting the performance of the card Note- I already tried reducting hardware acceleration Any suggestions would Boosting Video Card Performance... be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

System Problems Performance Video Vista Specifications Motherboard MSI MS v Mem Vista Video Performance Problems System Memory GB CPU Intel Core Duo E GHz HDD Seagate GB SATA Drive Video Card NVidia GeForce GT GT recently replaced Vista Video Performance Problems my old GTX which failed when I shipped my PC cross country and the clumsy baggage handlers apparently fondled it inappropriately I replaced the video card and installed Windows Vista Home Premium from my friend's OEM disc and everything worked fine for a short while I installed the LAN drivers from my friend's flash drive then just downloaded the rest of the drivers myself Most of them Windows Vista took care of automatically Then one day I accidentally interrupted the installation of an apparently critical Vista update and my computer has not worked properly since Next time I booted it it seemed to be stuck in an infinite loop of attempting to roll back and then reinstall the update that I had interrupted After leaving it for several hours it returned to normalcy Until I noticed severe framerate problems in games that had previously worked flawlessly namely World of Warcraft and Call of Duty MW Vista Video Performance Problems Virtually anything that requires even moderately intensive GPU calculations will experience terrible framerates I've tried reinstalling the video card drivers over and over My friend recently tried expanding the pagefile to see if it was a memory problem but that just resulted in severe artifacting in World of Warcraft However it wasn't artifacting in the sort of way when a video card is about to die but hinted more at a video ram error as it appeared in a definite repeating pattern If anybody can suggest anything to fix this issue I'd greatly appreciate it I'll be checking the post frequently today as I need the computer to complete a homework assignment I've been working on for months

A:Vista Video Performance Problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracekill

... installed Windows Vista Home Premium from my friend's OEM disc and everything worked fine for a short while.

Hi -

You need to get a copy of OEM Vista from your system manufacturer or purchase a full retail copy of Vista or Windows 7.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-video-performance-problems-494800.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers in the world, installed on anywhere between 25 to 50 percent of all desktop machines depending on your web analytics firm of choice. Those statistics alone tell you that Google is...

Read more

A:Poor web video performance in Chrome? Here's how to fix it

YouTube is currently busted, regardless what you are watching and with what.

I tried IE11, Opera 29 and Firefox 38. All three both Flash and HTML5.

Pages don't load properly. The video is off center. The resolution doesn't change on time. Comment fail to load. The website fails to recognize it can scroll downward.

It's a disaster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-web-video-performance-in-chrome-heres-how-to-fix-it.213081/
Relevancy 44.72%

With no changes made to my computer it has suddenly begun to produce low frame rates in games flash video drop Sudden performance in movies and visualizations I have installed drivers for my video card updated directx cleaned my registry run spyware and virus programs Sudden drop in video performance and tweaked the page file options Very few processes run in the background and haven t had any more added since i ve encountered Sudden drop in video performance problems There is an odd thing that happens when playing a game or watching a youtube video low frame rates are encountered for about and a half minutes and then the video runs smoothly at a high frame Sudden drop in video performance rate for about seconds then returns to dragging My computer used to do this a while back but resolved itself after watching or playing for about a minute I have installed no new programs or anything during the time it began having slow rates continuously I also rolled back media player but the video and visualizations are still under par I can get a better rate if i lower the setting in games but i know my computer has more juice i just can t find out where its being diverted to I appreciate any help on this subject as it is vexing me to no end SYSTEM Dell Inspiron GB RAM Pentium GHz Radeon Mobility Graphics mb WIndows XP service pack HIJACK LOG Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files IOGEAR Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files JAP jap exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings Animus Umbra Desktop Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk O - Extra context menu item Send To amp Bluetooth - C Program Files IOGEAR Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files IOGEAR Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm O - Extra Tools menuitem btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files IOGEAR Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS SYSTEM ati sgag exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I think it may have something to do with Java. Getting a lot of bad jumpy performance with my computer. Videos at Gamespot and Youtube stutter terribly. NEVER had this problem before. Installed Java recently and now everything seems to be running pretty slowly and getting hang ups loading pages on the net. Anything I can do?

A:Video stuttering and buggy performance.

That is a possibility. I have also seen issues with Flash 10.1.
The easiest way to check would be dependent on when the upgrade took place.

A system restore to a time prior should help to pinpoint the cause.
Was the upgrade recent? I know on one of my systems it was today for Java, so I will need to keep an eye on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/video-stuttering-and-buggy-performance-506048.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All I m hoping someone might have some pointers of where I can start looking to solve a recent problem Over the last few days and for no apparent reason I can think of i e I haven t changed anything Windows XP has become very sluggish This was first evident playing some graphics intense games making them unplayable with significant quot choppiness quot sudden performance poor video and OS both in visuals and audio when previously they were fine - even running them on minimum detail settings is worse than it has been I ve noticed since that playing videos on YouTube isn t smooth with choppiness and frequent stalling in the video though the audio is fine Often even moving a window around the desktop is laggy and not the smooth effect it has been I ve a Dell P GB Ram I know old and have pasted my HijackThis log below Any pointers you can offer would be appreciated Many thanks raska Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SigmaTel SigmaTel AC Audio Drivers stacmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon sudden poor video and OS performance exe C Program Files Hawking Common RaUI exe C Program Files CCleaner ccleaner exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software sudden poor video and OS performance Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO CInterceptor Object - D FE - D - F -BB E-C A A A - C Program Files Pando Networks Pando PandoIEPlugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLL O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLL O - HKLM Run SigmaTel StacMon C Program Files SigmaTel SigmaTel AC Audio Drivers stacmon exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dl... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

When I playback video on my computer screen, it works perfectly, but when I move the player window over to my plasma screen there is a lot of tearing in the picture and sometimes the playback slows down. I've tried changing resolution and frequency, but that doesn't make it any better. I've also tried setting Media Player Classic to display the video as Direct3D and turning on vertical sync, but that didn't help either.
How can I get smooth video playback on my plasma tv?

My video card is a GeForce 7600GS, with the latest display drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-performance-when-playing-video-on-tv.612671/
Relevancy 44.72%

i ran a pc pitstop full test and it told me that i had unusally low video performance.details as follow
Brand/Model RADEON 9250 - Secondary
Resolution 1152x864 pixels
Colors 16 million
DirectX version 5.03.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
OpenGL version 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Acceleration options Enabled
Performance 37.97 MP/s (49% of 43 similar)
Description
Monitor Dell 311154
Max. Resolution (HxV) 1600 x 1200 pixels
Screen Size (HxV) 32 x 24 cm
Viewable Diagonal Size 15.75 inch
Manufacture Date October 2004
i would really like to raise my performance level it said i should at least have78MP/s.alot of my games run slow at certian points when playing any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: unusally low video performance

PCPitstop gives terrible video card recommendations. I would be more inclined to use somthing like the 3DMark or PCMark line of benchmarks to give a true idea of how your system is doing.

That said the 9250 is NOT a gaming video card. It's performance and quality in most games is low.

Post your full system specs and what games you play.

You may be able to get a little boost in performance up updating some drivers, like going ot the latest ATI Catalyst drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unusally-low-video-performance.381833/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I recently upgraded to a Windows - bit I managed to install almost all drivers I also installed the newest drivers for my Nvidia Geforce SE I am experiencing very very slow performance on playback on performance Terrible video all types of videos encoded with different codecs Worst is on p and p AVI Terrible performance on video playback MKV M TS MP etc I tried most of the famous codecs For now the best is Divx I also tried with ffdshow ac dts decoders also the recommended in this forum Win codecs v Win x Components v still the same thing I tried most of the famous players It is slightly better if I decrease the desktop to x So on some videos I experience fps That is of frames displayed Even the old style kbs videos appear on frames On xp all these were running fluently On Terrible performance on video playback my laptop a much weaker machine with Windows - bit they also run better although not Terrible performance on video playback as good as with XP I tried almost everything And even with the fastest codec and the fastest player and the worst settings the performance is terrible Any suggestions will be wellcome Im feeling I ll have to go back to XP for the next - years

A:Terrible performance on video playback

Now I switched the Windows Theme to - Windows classic, which simplified a lot of the displayed windows. (previous was an aero theme)

This gave a lot to the performance.
Still all 720 and 1080p videos are on frames - around 12-20 fps, depending of the screen resolution and the codec.
I guess it would be great for future implementation a full screen program to turn off the aero themes. Just as an option for slower videocards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/7632-terrible-performance-video-playback.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Would buying a 512mb video card instead of a 256mb help with large image files?

A:How does the video card affect 2D performance?

Nope.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-does-the-video-card-affect-2d-performance.496359/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently upgraded my ATI Radeon 9200 to an ATI Radeon x800 XL recently, and I don't see much of a performance upgrade. I've updated the drivers, have a 350 watt power supply, and yet in my games performance seems just about the same (frame rate wise, despite I keep the settings the same.) Is there something holding me back?

System:
1 gig of ram
2.4 GHZ P4 CPU
350 watt power supply
ATI Radeon x800 XL
Motherboard: L4SMG with an SiS chipset (cannot overclock cpu )

My motherboard is 4x AGP compatable, as is this card.

I went into my BIOS and changed my AGP aperature size to 256 MB, and that helped performance a little bit. 64 and 128 seem to bog down performance instead.

(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but this one seems more relavant.)

Relevancy 44.72%

Okay, now I know if you bridge two cards together with the SLI bridge, it will not double your graphics capabilities, but if my windows rating is 4.8 due to my graphics card, and if I bridge them, how much of a bump might I see? FYI, I have an Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT... nothing fancy, but it does okay.

Also, does the card have to be exactly the same card when you bridge it, or can it be something slightly different or quite a bit different?

Thanks!!

A:Video Performance Rating w/ SLI Bridge

SLI'ing two cards together won't really give much of an increase to your Windows rating score. When I had Vista with dual 7600s, it only increased the graphic score by like .1 or .2 I think, so nothing major.

You have to use the same model card, so it has to be another 8500GT with, ideally, the same amount of VRAM as the primary card. You can use any brand of card, such as you can SLI an ASUS 8500GT to say an XFX 8500GT and so on. If the clock speeds of either of the cards are different, then the one with the faster clock speeds will downclock it self to match the speeds of the slower card.

You can't SLI two totally different cards together i.e. you can't go out and buy an 8800GT to SLI with your 8500GT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/28002-video-performance-rating-w-sli-bridge.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the performance of my laptops integrated video card.... Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD which uses shared video memory.

A:How to increase performance of video/fps on laptop

You can try GMABooster, but I recommend using with caution. Since it allows you to overclock the on-board video, you may decrease the life of your battery and your computer, or even potentially cause great harm to your motherboard if not used properly. Otherwise, I recommend buying a new/better laptop with a discrete video card.

http://www.gmabooster.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-increase-performance-of-video-fps-on-laptop.964021/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have been and Slow Performance Choppy Video having trouble with my video playback being very slow to load and with very choppy playback This occurs when viewing video clips on web pages and with my saved video files I also had a problem with my fans running loud and at high speed but it seems after I opened up the box and cleaned out all visable dust that problem went away I m using XP on a Dell and I believe my CPU is also running at If anyone could offer any help I d be greatly appreciative Thank you for your interest Here is my HijackThis log Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG Choppy Video and Slow Performance avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Verizon IHA MessageCenter Bin Verizon IHAMessageCenter exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX spkrmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Choppy Video and Slow Performance Files StartNow Toolbar ToolbarUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www foxnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO StartNow Toolbar Helper - E D - C - - -F B DD F - C Program Files StartNow Toolbar Toolbar dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE-... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-video-and-slow-performance.1018204/
Relevancy 44.72%

my acer extense 's CPU has perfomance settings for when the system is on battery Very High High Medium Low the videos play well when on quot very high but as soon as i lower to quot high quot or lower settings the video starts to hang and this happens for secs after evry secs during this time the cpu utilization goes to maximum and then falls down my DDS log is below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Intisab at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Kaspersky Internet Security On-access scanning disabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C FW Kaspersky Internet Security disabled C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C windows system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C windows System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows system Video performance when lowered hangs CPU spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Acer Empowering Technology admServ exe C Video hangs when CPU performance lowered Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C windows Video hangs when CPU performance lowered RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C Program Files System Protect SysProtect srv exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Acronis Fomatik TrueImageTryStartService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Acer Empowering Technology admtray exe C acer Empowering Technology ePower epm-dm exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Vista Drive Icon DrvIcon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe C windows system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Intisab Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C windows system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Intisab Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www crawler com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid uInternet Settings ProxyServer uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mSearchAssistant hxxp www crawler com search ie aspx tb id mCustomizeSearch hxxp dnl crawler com support sa customize aspx TbId uURLSearchHooks N A cb bf -bbae- a - f - ff d - c progra crawler toolbar ctbr dll uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO cb bf -bbae- a - f - ff d - c progra crawler toolbar ctbr dll BHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ievkbd dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper TB amp Crawler Toolbar b ea- - dc -a fc- f d - c progra crawler toolbar ctbr dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings intisab local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows syste... Read more

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

I have an odd problem in Windows Vista SP1. I have a 2Ghz Core2Duo Processor, 2GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 2 x 160GB Hard Drives in a RAID0 configuration.

Whenever I play videos that has fast moving scenes, the top 1/3rd of the screen flickers slightly if I'm using the Windows Classic theme. I have no problem playing the same video using the Vista theme. I can't figure out why video has performance issues in the Windows Classic theme.

Is there a setting somewhere that I should look for? I do not like the vista theme at all but I have to use it before watching videos to avoid this problem.

A:Low performance video when using Windows Classic Theme

Google is your friend, looks like a Vista bug.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=windows+classic+theme+video+vista&aq=f&oq=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-performance-video-when-using-windows-classic-theme.809030/
Relevancy 44.29%

I Solved: has Video Card performance dropped recently upgraded my graphics card from an ATI Radeon to a AMD RADEON HD I installed it and booted up the computer and updated to the latest drivers from the manufacturer website This had the desired effect of boosting my gameplay fps world of warcraft and the Windows rating for graphics jumped from to All good About a week after with no problems my computer started to play up I Solved: Video Card performance has dropped suspect due Solved: Video Card performance has dropped to a virus and my hard drive was no longer Solved: Video Card performance has dropped recognised by the system The same error code kept appearing on startup xc e Anyway I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled everything and got a new antivirus and all seems back to normal with the exception of my video card The windows rating for graphics has dropped to and the fps on my gameplay is now worse than with the old video card I have checked that the drivers are all up to date Is it possible the video card is damaged If not is there any way to fix this Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD RADEON HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA -DS Antivirus Panda Antivirus Pro Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I have posted in the Video and Audio forums about my problem under a post called quot Video Slowdown quot I was given instructions to follow a quot Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log quot I followed all instructions in the guide and have a HijackThis log ready I hadn't used the computer in around a month but my brother was on it frequently While on the Performance Decrease: Adware.lopgen Video computer he managed to get a virus I Video Performance Decrease: Adware.lopgen ran quot SUPERAntiSpyware quot a program that deletes various sorts of spyware and got rid of the virus I ran in safemode While having the virus and now even after the video performance of my computer has been slow While playing games where my fps would be it is around It is also very choppy at times accept for the first round of the game or when it just starts up because then it will sometimes run like it used to The virus worm that I had was Adware LopGen and I found out about it from Nortan Anti Virus pop-ups quot Attempted Intrusion quot HTTP LOP Toolbar Activity quot is what is written in the Nortan worm detection log along with other details on what port was attacked The virus spyware that I had was High risk and High Performance effecting There are no traces no more detections and no more spyware on my computer I ran many spyware scans and I also followed every step in the preparation guide Everything seems like it should be running smooth but it isn't Here is the HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www hotmail comO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO... Read more

A:Video Performance Decrease: Adware.lopgen

Hello,I can't see anything suspicious in your log.As a sidenote, I notice from your log that you are running more than one different Anti-Virus programs with Auto-protect enabled. Norton and BitdefenderNever install more than one Antivirus and Firewall! Rather than giving you extra protection, it will decrease the reliability of it seriously! The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, your system may lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time. Also because more than one Antivirus and Firewall installed are not compatible with eachother, it can cause system performance problems and a serious system slowdown. I would strongly advise you to only have one Anti-Virus with the Auto-Protect feature running at any one time!If you decide to only keep one Anti-Virus installed, you should uninstall the other(s) through the Add or Remove Programs option in Control Panel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85713/video-performance-decrease-adwarelopgen/
Relevancy 44.29%

basically im using a new gateway tower with windows vista and doing a lot of video editing in pinnacle. normal video is fine and the computer is plenty fast for it. however, when i edit my HD video that i recorded on my sony HDR-SR7 i find myself waiting too much for the hard drive to load up the video files and thumbnails etc... i can hear the hard drive working overtime while i am working. however, my cpu use is low and my memory use is low. if i buy a WD raptor drive and use that to hold all my video files and movie files will that fix my problem?

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

I am brand new to this website and I was just looking over these great forums. I have a question.... I dropped my computer off at a local computer shop near me and they upgraded my video card for me. I had a Radeon 4650 in there and now it is a Radeon 6450. I went to play a little bit of saints row the third and it is lagging like CRAZY! I had no problems running this and I used the can you run it? program developed by amd and i used to pass with flying colors, now im a little over minimum. What could be happening!?

A:Upgraded video card... performance drop?

Take it back and get your money and the old card back.

I want to ask how much did you pay for the "upgrade?"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-video-card-performance-drop.177448/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am really puzzled, I got the basic Studio model, Quadro M1000M, i7-6700HQ, and to my dissapointment, the setting up process has been quite lengthy. I have been almost 10 hours negotiating updates using the HP Support Assistants, including failed attempts to update Thunderbolt 3 Secure Content; also updating the USB controller, rendered unusable my USB keyboard/mouse, so that I had to go back to a restore point. Video playback in premiere has been quite choppy; I would have guessed that because I got the1080p panel, video would be faster as it does not have to render so many pixels. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/dissapointing-video-performance-of-Zbook-Studio/td-p/5610431
Relevancy 44.29%

Currently using an XP OS w SP This problem has been around Etc. During Video Overall Hiccups Performance, Sluggish Playback, for awhile Overall Sluggish Performance, Video Hiccups During Playback, Etc. and it s just getting more frustrating I figured it could be the age Overall Sluggish Performance, Video Hiccups During Playback, Etc. of the machine going on years but it wasn t doing this up until a few months ago I have Norton as my AV and I use SuperAntiSpyware FREE Also have MBAM and CCleaner on my machine as well Symptoms include not limited to Whenever playing a video in VLC or Media Player Classic video will hiccup after about seconds then take another - seconds to resume playback Scanning something using HP Solution Center is a chore Takes about - minutes from program startup to finish scanning what I need to scan Random slowdowns while using Firefox Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS arservice exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files HP DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO hpWebHelper Class - AAAE A- FFF- - C F- D DCB - C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Vendors CN Hewlett-Pac... Read more

Relevancy 44.29%

I have built a new system with the following ASUS M V-MX SE MB AMD gb DDR mhz Ram Radeon HD PCIe Video mb gb SATA Hard Drive Maxtor rpm SONY CDRW IDE w Power supply - ULTRA LSP WATT OS is Windows XP SP Fresh Install The Problem System works well in Window the issue is have is video performance in games For example in World of Warcraft I will get and issues Video performance system new on build average of fps for about a minute and then the fps Video performance issues on new system build will drop to fps for about - seconds and then back to fps This happens every - minutes making the game unplayable I have also tried a NVidia with the same problem Plus I see video issues in other games like Call to Duty The BIOS was updated to support the mhz Ram to Rev and BIOS configuration is default setup I am thinking this might be something in the System BIOS setting but with so many options and changes i am not sure where to begin Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-performance-issues-on-new-system-build.701281/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've got a HP Pavilion with a crappy built in video card. I have not been able to find a store that sells video cards for laptops and even if I did, are they very difficult to install? Is there such a thing as an external video card that connects to a USB 2 port and increases the laptops performance?

A:What is the easiest way to get better video card performance on a laptop?

In almost all cases, the video card cannot be upgraded in a laptop. At one point a few companies were developing external video cards for laptops but I'm not sure that ever went anywhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-easiest-way-to-get-better-video-card-performance-on-a-laptop.150485/
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently I started getting very poor video performance on various performance Comsysapp.pif poor causing video benchmarks and tests as well as experiencing a larger than average number of crashes while playing some games For reference my card is an EVGA Nvidia GT GTO My OS is XP I ve been troubleshooting this problem for quite some time now and I have confirmed that my video card is working perfect - I installed it on a friends computer and tested it and it worked fine I also tested my power supply and it s working just Comsysapp.pif causing poor video performance fine too So it doesn t seem to be a hardware problem unless my motherboard is somehow causing this I ve installed new drivers reverted back to old Comsysapp.pif causing poor video performance drivers I even reformatted my entire computer and installed Windows fresh to try and see if that would alleviate the problem maybe some driver was causing messups so I just decided to wipe everything Comsysapp.pif causing poor video performance I ve been able to get my video card to run fine on benchmarks tests but I noticed that I can only get it to run well if I close the process comsysapp pif in the task manager This is related to the COM stuff I believe but I m not sure how exactly that is causing my video card to perform poorly I m also not sure how to disable that process and whether or not it s essential I went into services msc and tried to disable the COM services but that didn t seem to get rid of it Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comsysapp-pif-causing-poor-video-performance.607975/
Relevancy 44.29%

Title say's it all!. Please help, heres my other post on my new build!http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic78794.html
and will a thermaltake 430 watt psu run this new video card? please help! want to build soon and some rebates expire on 6/07/07! So need to purchase soon! Remember im on a budget.. and i want to run bf2 high and some of the newer games at decent settings

A:Need a High Performance Gaming Video Card For PCI-E Under $100

well just to let you know right now. Prob wont find a card that will run BF2 on high res with no video issues for under 100, the market isnt a charity, you pay for what you get, all within a 2 month period of course, until prices change.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102064 this might do you okay, some others might recommend a 7600 gt or something. I'm an nvidia fan myself, but for what you're requiesting, this is it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-high-performance-gaming-video-card-for-pci-e-under-100.78978/