Windows Support Forum

where to download East Asian Language pack for windows xp service pack 3?

Q: where to download East Asian Language pack for windows xp service pack 3?

any one know where to download East Asian Language pack for windows xp service pack 3? my laptop cannot read other language other than english

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: where to download East Asian Language pack for windows xp service pack 3?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: where to download East Asian Language pack for windows xp service pack 3?

if you don't have the xp disk borrow one and

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Pr...lation_XP.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-to-download-east-asian-language-pack-for-windows-xp-service-pack-3-a-473662.html
Relevancy 122.14%

Alright, so I wanna install the East Asian Language Pack for my parents so they can use the computer. I am running Windows XP professional. The only issue is that I lost my windows professional CD. I still have my windows XP Home Edition CD. Is there anyway I can install it? I really rather not buy another windows XP CD. I already bought enough of them.

A:East Asian Language Pack

Can't they just borrow someone's CD? (Go door to door and say "hi" to your neighbors?) It doesn't have to be the exact same CD from which Windows XP was originally installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318159/east-asian-language-pack/
Relevancy 120.9%

Okay, so you've probably heard this before, so I hope maybe some REAL PROFESSIONALS *bribery* can help me out on this.

An English game, made in China, has a little annoying error which can be fixed by installing the East Asian Language Packs. No DO NOT GET THIS WRONG, I know how to INSTALL them, okay? I'm not THAT much of a numbnuts... I just do not have ze FILES to INSTALL on my computer, and I do not want to play Treasure Hunt to grab my XP cd, just to play an MMO fullscreen... I mean geez... *clears throat* Here's my little problemo for you...

NOW do I have any other way to grab hold of the files I need to install here? Like a simple download of the files so I can get this over with quickly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/east-asian-language-pack-not-included.664231/
Relevancy 119.66%

As the title says, I can't install this pack (using WinXP Home), the right-to-left language pack works fine though...

Following this:
* Click on Start
* Go to Settings
* Click on Control Panel
* Double click Regional Options
* Click on the Languages tab
* Check Install files for East Asian languages
* Click on Apply
* If necessary insert the Windows XP installation cd. Your system will reboot afterwardsClick to expand...

I get "Windows Setup could not copy the appropriate files." With or without the Windows XP CD in the drive. It doesn't even ask me to point to an install location. I tried copying the I386 folder from the windows cd onto my HD but that did nothing. Google was no help either..

A:Unable to install East Asian Language Pack

headcrab said:

As the title says, I can't install this pack (using WinXP Home), the right-to-left language pack works fine though...

Following this:

I get "Windows Setup could not copy the appropriate files." With or without the Windows XP CD in the drive. It doesn't even ask me to point to an install location. I tried copying the I386 folder from the windows cd onto my HD but that did nothing. Google was no help either..Click to expand...

THis pack should be on your PC. You just have to enable it. See if this link will help you. It did for me.

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&P...pt/Language/asianlanguageinstallation_XP.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-east-asian-language-pack.560108/
Relevancy 100.44%

Hello Problems Asian Pack Langage East I recently reformatted my computer with an XP cd sent to me by my computer manufacturer However at the time of the reformat I did not enable East Asian language support as my computer had previously been configured Now I need to have simplified Chinese supported by my system but it cannot find the appropriate files My problem is that I am currently located in China and the XP cd I used to reformat is located in the US Is there any possible way to install the East Asian Language pack if I don t have the cd with me Everything I found on Google indicates I need the language files and there does not seem to be a place to download them I downloaded SP and copied the language folder of the i folder but when I try to enable EAL support it wants me to locate quot xjis nls quot which I can t find I have spent all day trying to troubleshoot this before my classes start on Monday and hope someone will be able to give me some assistance In the worst worst case scenario I can have East Asian Langage Pack Problems the XP cd sent to me from home but since that would take around weeks I d like to avoid that option Thanks in advance for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/east-asian-langage-pack-problems.858120/
Relevancy 99.2%

HELP PLEASE! I don't understand why the pack is not installing...I have all the necessary files on my computer and on my Windows CD-ROM, but, everytime I try to install the East Asian Language pack, I get an error message saying "Windows setup could not copy the appropriate files." Here is what I do
Start>Control Panel>Date,Time, Language and Regional Options>Regional and Language options>Languages tab>Install files for East Asian Languages
Why won't it work? help please

Relevancy 91.45%

Hiya

Office 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Language Interface Pack ensures that Office 2003 performs with complete functionality when you use an Office 2003 Language Interface Pack.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP
This update applies to the following programs:
Microsoft® Office 2003 Language Interface Pack

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e8-8193-4c32-9019-9980ecd6874a&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-service-pack-2-for-language-interface-pack.418986/
Relevancy 89.28%

Seems I jumped the gun a little in thinking that my problem was solved - it just improved. My problem now is that having the East Asian Language Pack installed causes my computer to take 2-3 minutes to shut down instead of 15 seconds like it used to.

My previous problem was similar but also would not display the characters... I finally managed to get the characters to display and wrongly assumed the shutdown problem would have been fixed too. I am, however, certain that the language pack is the cause of the shutdown issue. Whenever I uninstall the language pack my computer goes back to shutting down as normal.

Does anyone know why this would happen? I would greatly appreciate a fix if someone has one... or even a work around. The easy answer would be to uninstall the pack, but unfortunately I need it.

A:Asian language pack conflicts with shutdown

Tried reinstalling the packs that I downloaded a few different ways rather than the ones on my XP CD. Still the same issue... installed takes 2-3mins to shutdown, uninstalled takes 10-15secs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asian-language-pack-conflicts-with-shutdown.759852/
Relevancy 82.77%

How can I install text support for Japanese, Chinese and Korean in Microsoft Office? I am taking a Chinese class at school and we have to do various computer assignments in Chinese, but my computer will not input text in Chinese.

A:East Asian Language Packs

Installing East Asian Language Support Under Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/east-asian-language-packs.881181/
Relevancy 82.77%

In the past I have had no problems installing East Asian Language support on my PC Support Asian Language East I m using Windows XP SP now although I believe that previous installs have been on SP East Asian Language Support Since SP has been installed I can t install this feature Windows asks for the XP CD correctly although it proceeds to search for files and folders that do not exist on my XP CD An example would be a file called msmincho ttc I surmise this is because I m now on SP though my CD is SP Is this a familiar issue with anyone on these boards A friend suggested I find East Asian Language Support a download at the Windows website for East Asian Language support for SP but I haven t been able to find this resource and have done quite a bit of searching I ve since tried slipstreaming SP to my XPCD but the files that the East Asian Languages installer is looking for can t be found on the CD an example is msmincho ttc the files are located in the i lang directory This is seriously impeding can anyone help Thanks AJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/east-asian-language-support.361486/
Relevancy 82.77%

My dad recently reinstalled windows XP on my computer, as I had some sort of virus that disabled system restore and access to the hard-drive and blah blah. And now I have this problem when trying to install East Asian Languages:

I clicked the check box, and inserted the CD. It installed, I rebooted. But I still cant see Japanese text, or add it to my input language bar thing? Or change my locale to Japanese. No matter how many times I reboot or try and reinstall it, this never changes.

Someone suggested I use "sfc /scannow" in the run command to see if there are files missing, but it didn't work, meaning it found no errors. Any suggestions?

A:East Asian Language trouble

u will NOT be able to see japanese text everywhere , like start menu or in the tool bars. All the text will be in english. You will only be able to read and write japanese text in microsoft word or wordpad.

May be i am wrong, senior members will tell u better

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/east-asian-language-trouble.802866/
Relevancy 82.77%

I bought Babylon translation program to translate English to Chinese. I went to Control Panel and tried to install the East Asian Language Pack. It asked me to insert the Service Pack 3 CD. I bought this and inserted it and got an error message, "files missing." The missing files were "i386/lang...cplexe." Does anybody know where I can get these files?

A:Installing East Asian Language

Try microsoftsupport

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-east-asian-language.842274/
Relevancy 81.84%

Long story short I had Asian help... Solved: Support East Need Language a nice functional computer Solved: Need East Asian Language Support help... running XP Pro SP install where everything worked fine which I foolishly decided to reformat and put a clean XP Pro SP install on Now that I ve gotten most of Solved: Need East Asian Language Support help... the little bugs ironed out I m left with one very annoying little puzzle When I choose to enable the East Asian Language pack which worked before it installs just fine but doesn t allow me to display any of the East Asian characters It -does- however have a very nasty side effect While the language pack is installed when I choose to reboot or shut down my computer it takes about minutes - where as with the language pack removed it takes about seconds Is there something obvious I m missing Its taken me quite a Solved: Need East Asian Language Support help... while to find that two problems were connected but now that I have I feel like its something simple that I m just overlooking I really need the asian character support at least for Japanese but the added shutdown time is really annoying especially since it still doesn t display the characters Any help would be greatly appreciated - if there is any other info I should supply please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 81.84%

Hi all, please help !

I have just formatted and reinstalled XP and SP2. I need East Asian language support however it just won't work. I know how to set it up in control/panel regional settings, and I have done so, but it is not working. However it does all show up as being installed in there.

I have the option to show the langauge support in the taskbar ticked, but it is not showing in the taskbar or anywhere else! I was going to try uninstalling East Asian langauge support and reinstalling, but that ticked box is faded out so I can't do it. Thats the only strange thing, otherwise it all looks right and is installed.

Is there anyway I can get round this and still be able to type Korean in webpages?

Thanks,
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/east-asian-language-support-not-working.558446/
Relevancy 80.91%

Just bought new never used factory fresh PC Acer AXC- -UR Windows Service Pack manufacrtured this year I checked updates? but 1 7 service in shows Factory pack Service Windows pack for latest updates and sure enough Service Pack shows up in Factory Windows 7 Service pack 1 but service pack shows in updates? updates Windows Service Pack for x -based Systems KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important Windows Service Pack is Factory Windows 7 Service pack 1 but service pack shows in updates? a recommended collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update The service pack can help make your computer safer and more reliable A typical installation will take about minutes to complete and you will have to restart your computer about halfway through the process This is a brand new PC that was loaded with factory Windows SP so what is going on here Can I simply ignore the update My only concern is that somehow MS updates will is considering Windows outdated and that I will receive no more updates since the Service Pack is showing up in the update section How the heck is the possible with a factory image One other thing that might help is that before I could check for any new updates Windows said I required a update to windows update I Did this update before finding the lastest updates Also many updates are post cut off date for Windows SP so it did show updates until December I guess I will find out it Windows will continue to supply new updates this coming Tuesday Should I just send this PC back or try something first to correct the problem Thanks

A:Factory Windows 7 Service pack 1 but service pack shows in updates?

See this thread.

Fresh reinstall 7SP1 first run WU offers KB976932 (9.1 mb) WTH????

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357914-factory-windows-7-service-pack-1-but-service-pack-shows-updates.html
Relevancy 80.6%

MICROSOFT WINDOWS LANGUAGE PACK LANGUAGES RTM X DVD FILE Pack Pack RTM 7 Language Windows and Local - x fre client langpacks -GRMCXLP DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA AB E FA E DB EDEDEAD D E B A MD FD AD C DD A C AB B CRC EA F MICROSOFT WINDOWS LANGUAGE PACK CHINESE SIMPLIFI ED RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client langpacks -GRMCXLP DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA E B FEB D B B D E BBBC BB FF FB MD E F C DC EB FC B CRC C MICROSOFT WINDOWS LOCALPACK LANGUAGES RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client localpacks-GRMCLPCKXFRE DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA FF C F CC FD E B DE D F MD D B F DB A Windows 7 RTM Language Pack and Local Pack DACE D E CRC E D MICROSOFT WINDOWS LANGUAGE PACK LANGUAGES RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client langpacks -GRMCLP DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA A B F D CDE B DD FCF F D F MD DDB B F B C A D CRC A C MICROSOFT WINDOWS LANGUAGE PACK CHINESE SIMPLIFI ED RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client langpacks -GRMCLP Windows 7 RTM Language Pack and Local Pack DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA A F BDC DDBDF CFF AA BF EDBD MD C C A E FA DA F ED CRC C F E MICROSOFT WINDOWS LOCALPACK LANGUAGES RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client localpacks-GRMCLPCKFRE DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA CEB A DEBB F DCF D D D MD C AA B F B B D F A E F CRC D D D

A:Windows 7 RTM Language Pack and Local Pack

we already know Look at the original thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/18195-windows-7-rtm-language-pack-local-pack.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hello! I get error code 8007002 when I install language packs(English).

I'm sure installed the English language pack on my computer and switch to English.
After reboot my computer it show up original(Chinese language).
Than I check my computer is show currently Display:English
I try to switch to english again but can't find English language pack in my computer.Than I download it again and reinstall again.during install get a error code
8007002.I have tried the Microsoft suggested solution. (deleting Software Distribution, somthing like that)but still not work.Please help

Attached CBS for download Attachment 241858

currently display language
Attachment 241860

missing english pack
Attachment 241861

English pack still here??
Attachment 241862

error code when install the english pack again
Attachment 241863

A:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 language packs (Kb2483139) error (8007002)

Hello Roy and welcome to the forums

Thanks for following the first post instructions It makes my life a lot easier!

Could you follow all of the steps outlined on this page please:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2509997

Do not follow steps #8 and #10. The SoftwareDistribution folder should never be touched (apart from in a few exceptional circumstances)

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/264925-windows-7-service-pack-1-language-packs-kb2483139-error-8007002-a.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Good morning I am running Windows XP on an E-machines T I had previously loaded the MS Plus Superpack for XP so that I could utilize Media Player and Movie Maker After several unrelated problems Cannot (Windows 2 Service Pack Download XP) I had to perform a system restore which was successful I recently tried to load the Plus software again and experienced some permissions problems I was advised by MS to download and use download the Microsoft Installer Clean-up Utility I was then able to load Disk quot quot of the Plus XP Superpack with no problem In attempting to load Disk quot quot Digital Media version w Media Player and Cannot Download Service Pack 2 (Windows XP) Movie Maker w add-ons I was again prompted to download Movie maker from the internet Once again it was only available as a download WITH Service Pack I attempted to download SP and this time it appeared to proceed smoothly However once I got about half way through as Cannot Download Service Pack 2 (Windows XP) indicated by the status bar I received the following message pop-up quot Service Pack Download Access Denied OK quot I clicked OK and the following pop-up appeared quot Service Pack Set-Up Error Service Pack installation did not complete Select OK to undo the changes that have been made OK quot I clicked OK and a pop-up indicated that various components of the SP set-up were being undone and files erased and deleted At the conclusion of the removal of SP files I received the following pop-up quot Service Pack Set-up Error Service Pack Cannot Download Service Pack 2 (Windows XP) installation did not complete Windows XP has been partially updated and may not work properly quot I was then prompted to restart my computer to put any of the changes into effect Has anyone else encountered this problem Why won t Service Pack download successfully I am running Spysweeper and it does quot halt quot the download temporarily each time it detects something requiring a permission but I simply choose to keep the file and the download proceeds Interesting note possible coincidence each time the SP download has failed I immediately received an E-machine quot Bigfix quot pop-up window indicating that a critical update was available I m not certain if the update was simply the latest and greatest or somehow related to the problem at hand but then when I click on the download option update referenced it proceeds to a point and then gives me an error message stating that certain files needed to be updated before the download could be successful This is becoming frustrating I would think that downloading SP with WXP would be an easy thing to do but apparently not Please help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 107.93%

Hi, this is my first time using this. I have in my Control Panel Microsoft.Net Framework 1.1 , Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 and 3.0 Service Pack 3. Do I need all of these or can I delete one the free up some memory. OS Version is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3,32 bit.
Thanks,
Jill

Relevancy 107.93%

I have 32 bit edition and therefore need to download Service Pack as I understand Microsoft will no longer support Service Pack 2 after JULY 13.

I have tried to do it from Microsoft site but without success.Tried doing it from Service Pack center without success

A:need to download service pack 3 for Windows Prof

Try This one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-download-service-pack-3-for-windows-prof.932962/
Relevancy 107.93%

I have a CPU with Windows Media XP operating system I tried to download I Tunes and got a message saying that I needed Service Pack A Google search provided many options and I chose the wrong one apparently After the download I signed into Windows and all seemed normal until I logged into Windows to use the from download Malware Windows Pack 3 Service internet My Firefox could not locate any of my book marked sites nor did Google work to get G-Mail I tired Malware from Windows Service Pack 3 download internet explorer and the same results After I talked to my ISP and found nothing as I have two other computers on the router I found Network Diagnostics in the Network and Malware from Windows Service Pack 3 download internet connections section of the Control Panel I ran a scan and received a Failed message under WMI error next to the Internet Explorer Web Proxy category The Modems and Network Adaptors had a Passed message Research located a diagnostic download but hey no internet access so that is useless Well I decided to remove the Service Pack in my add remove programs part of MY Computer I find the Windows Service Pack listing and click on Remove Low and behold I find the root of my problem I get a big Red X and this message quot Bosnian Cynillic Bosina Herzegovina is selected as the language for standards and formats or for non-Unicode programs This language is not supported prior to Windows XP Service Pack Please see readmesp htm to select a different language Will not let me remove the program So basically I am screwed and more than likely will remove what pics and other information I can and Format the hard drive to install a new version of Windows as Widows sucks as I do not like it s format only the improved features that can give short cuts some of the user interface Any suggestions before I Format C nbsp

A:Malware from Windows Service Pack 3 download

The only place you should have gone for Service Pack 3 is Microsoft. You will probably be aware that XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and as such it will get no further security updates which leaves it vulnerable to infection. However, SP3 is still available from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

XP should have automatically updated through Windows Update unless you have had it turned off for several years, SP3 was released in 2008.

Have you tried using System Restore to take it back before you installed the bad service pack.

If you want to upgrade to windows 7 you should check the PC is compatible with it by using this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-from-windows-service-pack-3-download.1130850/
Relevancy 107.93%

While attempting to Remove an application, receieved a message with the heading: Windows O/OS Installation & the Message:

"Warning: Windows XP Service Pack 2 is not installed on your PC.
This Service Pack is required. Please install Service Pack 2 as soon as possible. Service Packs may be obtained via Windows Update"

My PC would NOT let me complete the Removal.

I went to Windows Update, but could only find a Professional Version of XP Service Pack 2.

Searched more in various ways, but NEVER found the Home Version of XP Service Pack 2.

Would appreciate HELP!!!

Thanks!!!

DuckGuy

Relevancy 106.64%

Just a note before I start, I do not plan to use this for illegit purposes but I understand if you do not wish to help me in this matter.

I have a friend that doesn't have the internet and in order to install a program they need XP SP2 on their laptop. He asked me if I could download it which I thought would be easy enough but all I can fund on microsoft.com is pages telling me to go to windows update (needs internet) or a network dispatch program which I don't want to try.

Is there just a .exe setup I can download and give to him rather than have him bring his PC around to my place to download it off the broadband from windows update?

Thanks
Jack

Relevancy 106.64%

I'm trying to install Eastern language pack, but it prompts me for SP2 disc.. which I don't have. Anyway I can can install Japanese language? I don't want to type it, just read it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eastern-language-service-pack-2.427844/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello.

I had a problem with soundcard drivers and also wanted to upgrade to 64 bit version.
So I called my engineer and asked him to do that.He installed Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1.
Earlier in utorrent I used to get an average speed of 1mb-2mb but now it has dropped to just 60kb.
I dont know why this has happened. It is just really annoying

Please help me out on this!

Thanks in advance!

A:Utorrent download slowed down after installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

P2P
We believe that the main purpose of P2P programs is to illegally download and use copyrighted material of whatever description. We further understand that there may be legal uses for P2P, but as we are not able to assess a user's intent when he/ she asks for help, we do not support P2P software and we will not assist any user in this regard. This includes but is not limited to Bearshare, Kazaa and many others.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/utorrent-download-slowed-down-after-installing-windows-7-service-pack-1-a-980538.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Recently got hit with a PWS virus.  Had my computer cleaned.  Successfully downloaded the tool kit and then service pack 1.  I have tried to download service pack 2 several times.  One came back CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND; tried again and received error code 0X80092004.  Obviously I need to to this to enable IE8.  While I can find my way around (slowly) on what to do, I am lost on this one.  Both attempts were from Microsoft.  What am I missing? 

A:Trying to download service pack 2 for Windows Vista after reformatting computer

Have you tried the steps found here? http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_update/cant-install-vista-service-pack-2/e50a29ee-410b-45dc-82be-cfeb07062fab

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519930/trying-to-download-service-pack-2-for-windows-vista-after-reformatting-computer/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello!

Excuse me if this has been asked before, just point me to the appropriate thread. I work as Technician in a Computer Store and we import some notebooks and all-in-one PCs from Poland and elsewhere. Going into the Control Panel to download and install the Greek Language Pack seems to take ages. Is there any website when we can download the Windows 10 Greek Language Pack and just install it offline from a USB Flash drive? I'm interested in all versions, 10240, 10586 and Anniversary Edition, both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/69990-download-language-pack-offline-use.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)

Download size: 13.6 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is a recommended collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update. The service pack can help make your computer safer and more reliable. A typical installation will take about 30 minutes to complete, and you will have to restart your computer about halfway through the process.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=206783

Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2
ME: This and 33 language packs are not installed in windows 7 -Ultimate during the windows update.. Please Help me to get out of this

A:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932) Download size: 13.6 MB You may need to r

Do you have an unlicensed copy of Windows 7 Ultimate?
If not I will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-service-pack-1-for-x64-based-systems-kb976932-download-size-13-6-mb-you-may-need-to-r.1153988/
Relevancy 104.06%

So I want to set German as my display language but the control panel does not let me download the Deutsch(Germany) language pack.

Are there any websites where I can download the language pack?

Thanks

Relevancy 103.2%

where do you download the chinese simplified language pack for window xp? I got problem viewing cd which is in the language chinese simplified.

A:Where Do You Download The Chinese Simplified Language Pack For Window Xp

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=EN

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75357/where-do-you-download-the-chinese-simplified-language-pack-for-window-xp/
Relevancy 101.91%

Every time I try to download SP2 the computer restarts during the installation, specifically when its making backup files. I got this error signature after the computer rebooted:

Error signature
BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : FFB5A000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : FFB35EB5
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 768_1

I have a Widows XP Home edition. any suggestions?

Relevancy 100.62%

How can i download service pack 1 for my windows 7 cause then my windows update downloaded it properly but i had to cancel it but when i tryed to download it again it wont download i also dont want to download it directly from the site cause its 500 mb in windows update its only 60mb my net aint that stable and fast i really need the service pack so i can install ie10 preview

A:How to download Windows Service pack 1 via windows update

You can download from here:

Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/264564-how-download-windows-service-pack-1-via-windows-update.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Help:

Total system crashed and I installed new hard drive. Reinstalled Windows XP Home and system works fine. However, I cannot download service pack two (2) which is giving me other problems. I have tried many things and to no avail.

System: HP a350n with 2.5 mg memory
Harddrive: 320 mg capacity
use internet explorer to router to Cable modem for broadband connection. I cannot download explorer 7 either.

Thanks,
Walt

A:Cannot download service pack 2

Have you tried downloading the full SP2 here?

IE7 will not install untill SP2 is installed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-download-service-pack-2-a-212707.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Even though 130 updates were done on my reformatted laptop, Windows Service Pack 1 was not one of them and it's still not showing up as an available update. When I go to Microsoft to download it, there are multiple (pretty large) files to download. The largest and first file is 1.9 GB, and I'm wondering if that contains all of the other single files? Can someone tell me if that is the one I need to download?

A:Service Pack 1 Download?

The screenshot in your other thread indicates your computer has Windows 7 32-bit, so you need to download and save and then install this SP1 upgrade:

windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe (537.8 MB)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

-------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-pack-1-download.1076581/
Relevancy 100.62%

The first problem i have is I cannot turn automatic updates on even though my antivirus Mcafee says they are on.

Also I have downloaded service pack 3 for windows XP and ever since have been plagued with pop ups on IE 6. I attach pics of the pop ups I am getting.

Please help me.

A:Service Pack 3 Download

scan your computer for virus and spyware it looks like your computer is infected. You can use SAS to remove it there is a link below download the free version update it and run it in safe mode. But make sure to perform a full virus and spyware scan not just this app you can have other infections as well

http://www.superantispyware.com/

also go to this link and follow the instructions and post back with a link to the new topic you create

http://74.55.96.66/vb/topic58138.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/service-pack-3-download.106084/
Relevancy 100.62%

My PC is acting funny again I can Two. Why?! Service Cant Pack download t seem to download Service Pack It always freezes halfway through the download Any ideas on why Cant download Service Pack Two. Why?! this may be happeneing Also I am not able to update my CW shredder but the mini removal smartkiller tool says that Its not found on my machine I beg to differ though Im being redirected to wack webpages all of a sudden Help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Program Files America Online aolwbspd exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents My downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe O - HKCU RunOnce ICQ Lite C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe -trayboot O - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra butt... Read more

A:Cant download Service Pack Two. Why?!

a lot of people are having trouble downloading SP2 cause of the high demand. You can receive a CD of SP2 to download, received my in 3 days. Forget exactly where to go, found it in the security section ijn and around SP2 questions. CW shredder will not update cause it is no longer being updated. The tech in charge I think is going to school and does not have the time for updating shredder. Hope another program comes along soon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-download-service-pack-two-why.271612/
Relevancy 100.62%

I have an acer aspire.. netbook. and was wondering if i should download windows 7 service pack 1?? i just dont want my system to get crash.. anyone here have sp1 or any experience?
Thanks..

A:Should i download service pack 1?

I have SP1 and its working awesome You should update your system after creating a system restore point so that if anything goes wrong, you can always roll back changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430594/should-i-download-service-pack-1/
Relevancy 100.62%

this is what it says when i try to do an update Microsoft - Other hardware - HID Non-User Input Data Filter KB Security Update service cannot download my pack??? for Windows XP Service Pack KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Office File Validation KB -bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Office System KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Internet Explorer for Windows XP Security Update for SQL Server Service Pack KB Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel KB Windows Genuine Advantage Notification KB Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel KB Security Update for Windows KB cannot download my service pack??? Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime amp for Windows XP SP KB Security Update for Microsoft Office KB Update for Microsoft Office Outlook KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Microsoft Office System KB Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Microsoft Office KB Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook KB Security Update for Windows XP KB nbsp

Relevancy 100.62%

Good evening...

I've a little problem in that i need to install Nokia Service suite to play with my new phone with my pc...a minimum requirement however is xp with service pack 1 and my pc hasn't got service pack 1. The pc i want to use hasn't got internet access either so i can't download it straight onto it..

what i need to know is:

how can i download SP1 onto a CD from this internet connected PC so that i can install it on my other pc?

thanks

Metty

EDIT: sorry should be in the XP operating systems forum - can an administrator move it

A:XP Service Pack 1 Download

Hi,

You can download Win XP SP1 from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...79-fa3a-48bf-ade5-023443e29d78&DisplayLang=en

Save it to the media of your choice USB pen drives are very handy for this and take it to the other machine.

hth

Ceri

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-service-pack-1-download.258072/
Relevancy 100.62%

I have an acer aspire.. netbook. and was wondering if i should download windows 7 service pack 1?? i just dont want my system to get crash.. anyone here have sp1 or any experience?
Thanks..

Relevancy 100.62%

Hi-I had to change my HDD. I was given a disk that said Windows XP corporate. I was told that it was Pro, but it is service pack 1.I went here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en and tried to look for service pack 2 for windows xp pro, but I could only find Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition. It took a while, but I downloaded it and and i then tried to extract it and it said extraction failed. So, what do you guys think I should do?how do I find out if i really have xp prowhere could i find service pack 2thank you for your time

A:Download For Service Pack 2/xp Pro

Windows XP corporatethat a special edition for corporations not individuals

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136547/download-for-service-pack-2xp-pro/
Relevancy 100.62%

i have heard many good and bad things about teh new service pack and being a novice i am having a hard time trying to find a straight yes or no answer anywhere all im finding is very technical answers that i do not understand half of what people are saying.. can anyone please tell me in plain english the good points or bad points and should i download it.. and why? please..thank you in adavnce..

A:should i download teh new service pack for xp?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;windowsxpsp2

Read this over carefully . If your computer is clean and free of malware , virus and has no conflicting programs It may be worth a try . If you have problems you can remove it by going to add/remove or if you can come back to the forum for help .

Many have had problems but there are also many who have had no trouble .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-download-teh-new-service-pack-for-xp.303507/
Relevancy 100.62%

This question may have already been answered here before but I could not find it, can someone give me a play by play on how to download Service Pack 2 and not install it until I get ready to.
Thanks Bill

A:Service Pack 2 Download

You could order it and MS ships it to you free: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-pack-2-download.266981/
Relevancy 100.62%

This question may have already been answered here before but I could not find it, can someone give me a play by play on how to download Service Pack 2 and not install it until I get ready to.
Thanks Bill

You could order it and MS ships it to you free: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-pack-2-download.266981/
Relevancy 100.62%

Anybody know a reliable place to download SP2 for Windows XP Home?

You can download it from the Windows Update Catalog website (you can only access it in Internet Explorer, and need to install the ActiveX component for it).http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Edit: SP2 on the Windows Update Catalog:http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=7477af62-8f9b-4f32-9daf-7ab452e52396I searched for "windows xp service pack 2".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615475/service-pack-2-download/
Relevancy 100.62%

My computer has automatically tried to install it over 30 times now, and i tried manually about 5 times, and everytime it just fails, and doesn't complete! PLEASE HELP!

A:Can't get Service Pack 2 to download

If you have a broadband connection you can download the full install version here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...be-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

You can order a cd from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

I will usually arrive in less than a week.

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-service-pack-2-to-download.303956/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hiya

System Requirements

Operating System - Windows 95 & 98, NT 4.0 & 2000, Windows Me, Win XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=45379&area=search&ordinal=1

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2000-service-pack-3-for-multilanguage-pack-nov-4.106920/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi,
For whatever reason, I decided to install .net 3.5 before installing service pack 3 and now service pack three has been removed from microsoft update. Is there any way that I can force it to give me the option of downloading it? I realize that I could probably just uninstall .net and update again, but I want to avoid doing this since I have a monthly download cap. The same goes for the 300mb manual download of sp3.
Thanks for any help.

A:Service pack three is unavailable for download

You can download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

It would be best to slipstream it into your installation CD and then do a repair installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-pack-three-is-unavailable-for-download.813052/
Relevancy 99.33%

The first problem i have is I cannot turn automatic updates on even though my antivirus Mcafee says they are on.

Also I have downloaded service pack 3 for windows XP and ever since have been plagued with pop ups on IE 6. I attch pics of the pop ups I am getting.

Please help me.

A:Solved: Service Pack 3 Download

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-service-pack-3-download.718148/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi

I had service pack 2 installed onmy pc, but had to reinstall my XP home following a virus, now going back to microsoft website to reinstall the service pack 2 it always fails?

Is there something archived on my system that thinks its already installed or is the problem something else?

Please help

A:Service pack 2 doesn't download?

Why not just go straigtht to SP3? It contains all the SP2 patches.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-pack-2-doesnt-download.776518/
Relevancy 99.33%

I am about to download and install XP Service Pack 2. When I attempted to do this when SP2 first came out, my computer slowed almost to a standstill and I uninstalled it. Are there any precautions I should take now before trying it again?

Relevancy 99.33%

Since installing Service Pack 2, whenever switching on my computer the message "The requested control is not valid for this service". The message disappears when I click on "OK" but I would like to know how to prevent it appearing and just what "the required control" is.

Richard

Relevancy 99.33%

I need the download site for service pack 1 or 2. for XP I've gone to micro soft download site, but all I can find is the install instructions, but nothing as to click here for download. With thanks, khw

A:download service pack site

Here it is: Download SP2 full (266.01MB) network installer which can be later slipstreamed with original XP Pro CD:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...be-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

Advice about installing SP2 here:
http://forums.techguy.org/t274328.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-service-pack-site.275001/
Relevancy 99.33%

After watching screensavers tonight and listening to Leo Laporte you may want to vist the link ALERT!!!download service 1 pack below and read concerning xp service pack Leo mentioned it ALERT!!!download service pack 1 is very important to either download the service pack or rename a file per the instructions below he showed the possibility of deleting important files in xp by just visiting a website I dont have xp myself but I thought those of you that did may want this information I dont know maybe this is old info but I wanted to pass it on as it may help someone This is an excerpt from the tech tv screensavers site Boot Camp tip As mentioned earlier in the show Microsoft released a service pack for Windows XP It fixes a serious security hole that Microsoft has known about for more than weeks The security hole involves Windows XP help The hole lets anyone put a link on a website that can wipe out certain hard-drive directories If for whatever reason you don t or can t download the service pack there is an alternative There s a file you can rename or delete to fix the security hole Here are the steps Perform a search for a file on your C drive called quot uplddrvinfo htm quot Once you ve found the file delete it or rename it Doing so will not hinder your ability to use Windows XP For more information about the security hole visit Gibson Research nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

Hello!
Can anybody tell me where i can download from the full available Service Pack 1+2 for Windows XP?

Thank you!

A:WinXP Service Pack 1+2 download?Where?

It has not been released from beta yet, don't get your knickers in a knot. There's no rush to be the first on the block to install SP2, why not wait for the pioneers to test it? I have access to the beta's on the MVP site, and I'm in no hurry to install it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-service-pack-1-2-download-where-11904.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I have a Gateway 40 gb Hardrive with 17 gb of free space and 256 Ram. I can download SP2 however, once it is downloaded, the internet won't connect. If I remove the SP2 I can connect. Any ideas?
Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/service-pack-2-download-problems-332256.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I reformatted and now when I go to MS to get Pack 3 all I can find is the one for the Office/Professional.

Are they no longer allowing downloads for Home?

Relevancy 99.33%

I had Windows Live Update on and it was downloading and installing Service Pack But almost at the end the 3 Pack problem Download Service download got cut off on its Service Pack 3 Download problem own even though my internet connection was still on and the laptop froze So i restarted it and although now it says i have service pack i seem to be having problems It doesn t Service Pack 3 Download problem install itself on startup it only tries to installs then it says i have an error somewhere I tried downloading it manually from both microsoft com and from another website it s a MB file using Download Accelerator Plus Both time it would reach to the end tells me its but keeps downloading as if nothing happened I end up reading quot MB of MB quot and stuff like that I can t restore it because it seems i didn t have system restore on in the first place So please is there anything I can do Thank you nbsp

A:Service Pack 3 Download problem

Try downloading it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

But do not use any download accelerators.

Zee

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-pack-3-download-problem.786212/
Relevancy 99.33%

I have Windows 7 64 bit on a Lenovo desktop. I had to run Lenovo's Restore function which wiped the Hard Disk clean and reinstalled the operating system. Since then, I have run Windows Update repeatedly to try to bring the system back to the present day. A bunch of updates have been installed, but not SP-1. I tried downloading it at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5842, and was told the computer was not ready for SP-1. (It did have SP-1 before the "restore" event.") How do I get Windows Update to continue updates ... (What I have been doing is Start>>window update, and then clicking on Window Updates) Thank you.

A:Download and install Service Pack 1

Attached is the file suggested in the conversation at Service Pack won't install

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/399331-download-install-service-pack-1-a.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I bought the sony laptop with single language pack. The OS language is in spanish. I need to change the language to english. How to change the OS language in single language windows 8.

A:Change language in windows 8 single language OS pack

Hi Hi thiru79, Welcome to Eight forums,

Check this link.

Display Language - Change in Windows 8

Keep us posted.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36150-change-language-windows-8-single-language-os-pack.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello

Would like to download Windows Movie Maker 2.1 but can only find it with the additional download of Service Pack. Our company will not allow Service Pack to be installed on any computer but this doesnt change the requirement for Movie Maker 2.1.
Other websites comment that Movie Maker without Service Pack may not run correctly.

Any ideas on where I could download without SP and whether it will run correctly?

Thanks!
Jo

A:Can you download Movie Maker 2.1 without Service Pack?

Yes you can. It is available as a stand alone update from windows update.
It runs fine without sp2.

Edit:

Sorry,
I might have got that wrong. It used to be available as an individual update from windows update cataloge but I am having a bit of trouble locating it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-download-movie-maker-2-1-without-service-pack.289756/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi. I will buy a new PC with Windows 8, but I don't have the money until March! BUT, I need my old PC to work now. I just reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition from 2002. When I go to Microsoft.com to download Service Pack 1, it almost completes and then it says 'Cannot connect to server.' That's impossible, my Verizon Fios Internet is working fine! Help!

Relevancy 97.61%

Hi all I decided it was time to install Internet Explorer but I am running Vista SP so I thought I'd update to SP also When I tried to update Vista SP to SP it has failed many times I also tried using fixit and various other items but still no joy any help me please Updates are set to automatic tried several reboots no joy When I also look at Windows Updates and click view installed updates nothing is there but there are loads when I View Update History nbsp This update fails all the time nbsp Windows Search for Windows Vista KB Installation date lrm lrm lrm Installation status Failed Error details Code Update type Recommended Windows Search helps you to find preview and use your documents e-mail music photos and other items On an upgrade from previous versions you will need to rebuild from will to update 1 Pack Pack Service Vista Service 2 not your index After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com This one does too nbsp Intel driver update for Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Installation date lrm lrm lrm Installation status Failed Error details Code Update type Optional This driver was provided by Intel for support of Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection More information http winqual microsoft com support driverid Help and Support http support microsoft com select target hub nbsp When I Vista will not update from Service Pack 1 to Service Pack 2 try and run Fixit it starts then says Powershell has failed Any Vista will not update from Service Pack 1 to Service Pack 2 ideas as to what I can do

A:Vista will not update from Service Pack 1 to Service Pack 2

Hi,

To recreate the error, I suggest we try these steps to reinstall
SP2.

Step 1: Run the System Update Readiness Tool
====================================
1. Please download the System Update Readiness Tool from the link below according to the System Type:

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 32-bit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2889489c-ee87-4607-8aa5-812e8078ab27&DisplayLang=en

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 64-bit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=14f76773-007c-493f-bece-243bc21ac73d&DisplayLang=en

2. Double click downloaded file to run the System Update Readiness Tool.

Then, let's run System File Checker (SFC) to repair Windows Vista system files.

Step 2: Run System File Checker (SFC) to repair Windows Vista system files
=================================================
1. Click Start, type "cmd" (without the quote) in the Start Search bar, right-click cmd.exe and click run as administrator.

2. Input the following commands and press Enter after each line.

sfc /scannow

Note: There is a SPACE between "SFC" and "/Scannow". This command will take several minutes to complete.

Restart the computer.

Then, I suggest downloading the Standalone Installer and installing it in Clean Boot Mode.

Step 3: Download Windows Vista SP2 Standalone Installer
====================================================
1. Download Windows Vista SP2 Standalone Installer from the link below according to the System Type:

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Five Language Standalone for Windows
Vista 32-bit (KB948465) (Size: 348.3 MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a4dd31d5-f907-4406-9012-a5c3199ea2b3&DisplayLang=en

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Five Language Standalone for Windows
Vista 64-bit (KB948465) (Size: 577.4 MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=656c9d4a-55ec-4972-a0d7-b1a6fedf51a7&DisplayLang=en

Step 4: Install Windows Vista SP2 in Clean Boot Mode
=========================================
Please disable all startup items and third party services when booting to avoid conflict when installing Windows
Vista SP2.

1. Click "Start", type: MSCONFIG in the search box and press Enter.

Note: Please click "Continue" if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click "Services", check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click "Startup", click "Disable All", click "OK" and restart the computer.

Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We can manually run these programs later.

4. Please double click the downloaded Standalone Installer and follow the instructions to install Windows
Vista SP2.

To restore the computer to use a Normal Startup, repeat step 1 above. Then click "Normal Startup" on the General tab, click "OK", and then restart the computer.
Regards,Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e94d74e5-6ad1-49d6-a007-0a6cf24fe1d0/vista-will-not-update-from-service-pack-1-to-service-pack-2?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi,
I bought my cpu in June of 08. I have been having problems. I'm trying to fix them one by one. I was wondering if I had the correct Service Packs. Under Windows Updates I can see them all going back to when I bought it. It shows 1 service pack update, KB948465 on 9/19/09. It does not show a 2nd. Under Windows Edition in my System (Control Panel) it shows Windows Home Premium and Service Pack 2.

Can I forget about 1 or do I need it? Hopefully Service Pack 2 includes all that was in SP1 and more! Thanks in advance for your help.

Barb

A:Windows Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2

Yes, you can ignore SP1 as you have SP2 installed.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272647-windows-service-pack-1-service-pack-2-a.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Computer crashed so finally booted up with the disc, and now the service pack is gone and my ie isnt working. Microsoft wont let me dl through the firefox browser. Thinking ie isnt working because I have ie 7 and it requires the service pack. ? Please help. Im pretty computer illiterate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-download-service-pack-2-but-ie-isnt-working-on-my-system.564337/
Relevancy 97.18%

where would i go to get them from microsoft? i know about the download center but have looked around all morning and am unable to find what i am looking for. could somebody please point me in the right direction? thanx

A:want to download all the post service pack 2 updates to computer

Try both tools:
Offline Update
Offline Update - The H Security: News and Features

APUP
New version of AutoPatcher Updater (APUP) v1.0.4 - AutoPatcher Forum

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/260043-want-download-all-post-service-pack-2-updates-computer.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I have tried the usual stuff Pack crash download Vista during Service Computer 2 including the stuff at quot BleepingComputer com - gt Tutorials - gt Windows Vista Tutorials - gt How to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair quot I need someone who knows how to do this on a Dell XPS with Vista Ultimate bit and work through the command prompt screen as everything I Computer crash during Vista Service Pack 2 download have tried has not worked I have the Vista DVD from MS they sent it free because the crash happened during Sevice Pack download and they said that has been happening to several people I have tried the Startup Repair the System Restore the only restore point was the Service Pack Windows Complete PC Restore no snapshot to restore to and I ran a system memory diagnostic it was good as well as a hardware diagnostic all good there as well I think the only way to restore it from the DVD is through the Command Prompt I have the problem signature from the Startup Repair and the quot string quot line that the computer freezes at when trying to boot I also received the message that quot a recent driver installation or upgrade may be preventing the system from restarting quot No kidding since the thing crashed when downloading Service Pack Anybody got a solution If not a reboot through the Command Prompt then a way to copy all my files to DVDs then do a clean boot followed by reinstalling the files from the DVDs

A:Computer crash during Vista Service Pack 2 download

Can you boot into Safe Mode and uninstall SP2?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268169/computer-crash-during-vista-service-pack-2-download/
Relevancy 95.03%

On my active application tab it says a new update is available, now for the past 4 times I've tried downloading or updating this I get Update failed Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Installation date: ‎11/‎30/‎2007 3:24 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070002

Update type: Important

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 resolves various issues found after the initial release of .NET Framework 1.1. These include both security- and non-security-related issues. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=867460

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=867460

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-net-framework-1-1-service-pack-1-failing-to-download-in-update.657645/
Relevancy 94.17%

When I run the Windows Event Viewer I get errors with an Event
ID of 1003 related to the Windows Language Pack.

Looking at my System Restore points, I see several incidents of Windows Language Pack INSTALLS and UNINSTALLS.

Further,in TASK SCHEDULER, I see the Lpremove Task with both "sucess" and "was stopped" at different times.

I have one language pack installed ie. Canadian English.... Eh?

What is the problem? What is the solution.

Thanks,
Hasiel

A:Windows Language Pack

These ideas may help
LPRemove.exe Causes LanguagePackSetup Error (EventID 1003) in Vista SP2 in Windows Vista Installation

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287267-windows-language-pack.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi I've been googling for quite some time now and I can't find the answer Where can I find a Swedish language pack for Windows Enterprise SP x I have seen stuff like quot Build quot when googling but I thought those were for the old beta version of win If it's somehow Language Windows Pack relevant I don't know what Windows Language Pack Build this Windows Language Pack OS is and I don't know how to find out According to google I am supposed to run Windows Update to get the language packs However Windows Language Pack when I manage to run the update it finds nothing Most of the times I run Win Update I get an error code saying EE I believe that code means Win Update is too busy to handle my request at the moment I got this message last night When I turned on the computer this morning I was able to update though Now a few hours later I get the damn error message again I also wasn't able to download anything from HP's ftp servers on the computer Drivers -I believe this might have something to do with the win update issue Conclusion tl dr -I can't find a Swedish Language Pack anywhere I would very much like one -Windows Update is acting weird error code EE -I can't seem to download from connect to FTP servers Bonus Off-Topic question -Why doesn't my signature show up anymore Help appreciated

A:Windows Language Pack

Hi there
Download the SWEDISH LIP from here

Download languages for Windows - Microsoft Windows

Even includes obscure languages like WELSH etc.

I used the Icelandic one -- works a treat on my systems. In some cases you need to install over a base ENGLISH version of W7 but I think for Swedish installing over ANY installed language version of W7 base should be OK -- the list contains the requirements.

Once you've installed go to control panel regional settings and you can get around 99% of the Interface switched to the alternate language(s). You can install as many as you like and note the Logon screen if you set the administrator options in control panel will also be presented in your chosen language.

You need to have W7 PRO or higher unfortunately -- it won't work with HOME PREMIUM -- which IMO is daft since corporates often use ENGLISH but home users are much more likely to want W7 in their native language.

You should find no trouble installing on W7 Enterprise whether X-86 or the 64 bit version.

You can switch back to the original English any time after install too.

Cheers
jimbo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/141156-windows-language-pack.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm having an issue that I cannot seem to fix.

I have a folder filled with photos and they are all titled in different languages. For some reason, all of the Chinese characters appear as normal boxes...

Here's the interesting part, it ONLY happens in explorer... I can see all Asian characters fine in my web browsers, but when I copy them over to name a file or folder, they turn into boxes.

At some point a long time ago I did not have this problem, and I have no idea what I've done to cause it. Solutions greatly appreciated.

~Dmitriy

A:East Asian Languages in Windows Explorer Won't Show...

This post seems to have gotten lost in the void? Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186118-east-asian-languages-windows-explorer-wont-show.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello, I recently installed Window's East Asian language pack and the characters all display properly now. However, I was wondering if there is anyway to translate the characters into English words/letters. Maybe other Windows software or maybe a safe third party program? I'm grasping at straws here lol. If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

A:Is there a way to translate East Asian text on screen for Windows XP Pro?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-to-translate-east-asian-text-on-screen-for-windows-xp-pro.1049238/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi.

When I try to install East Asian characters via Control Panel's Regional and Language Options, I get an error "the file xjis.nls on Windows XP home edition is needed. Type the path where the file is located."

But I have no CD, I bought my PC with Windows XP Home installed, so where to get this file?

Thank you so much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/east-asian-characters-on-windows-xp-home-edition.993692/
Relevancy 93.31%

I want to install the Chinese Language pack so I can see the Login screen in Chinese saying ?? instead of
Welcome in English

And please don't tell me to go into Windows Update to look for it there because I don't have that option see?
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt340/Elfen-Lied/Untitled2-1.png

Also please don't tell me to look in Keyboard and Language, here is a screen shot of why I can't.
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt340/Elfen-Lied/Untitled-2.png

I have looked for months on different websites for a Chinese Language pack, actually it's almost been a year to be honest.
All I want is a Alternative download..

A:Windows 7 64 Chinese Language Pack

See Microsoft KB @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972813/ and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2105247
Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise. The Windows 7 language packs can be installed only from the Optional Updates section in Windows Update. However, these language packs are not
available on the Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server or through the Microsoft Download Center.

To download and install a Windows 7 language pack, follow these steps:

Start Microsoft Update. To do this, click Start

Collapse this imageExpand this image

, type Microsoft Update in the Start Search box, and then click
Microsoft Update in the Programs list. Click the optional update links for the language packs. Under the Windows 7 Language Packs category, select the desired language pack.

Note If you install many additional language packs, the disk space and system performance are affected. In particular, disk space and system performance are affected during servicing operations, such as Service Pack installations. Therefore,
we recommend that you only add a language pack to your computer if you will use the language pack.
Click OK, and then click Install updates to start the download and installation process.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0993ce99-2cb5-41c1-a71b-6d0d376ead5b/windows-7-64-chinese-language-pack?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello there

I got a PC that has German language installed.

I do not understand anything, can I download and install English Language Pack for that windows XP SP2 without total format?

Thanks

A:Windows XP English Language pack?

you usually have to buy the english version of windows to get english

Windows PowerShell 1.0 English Language Installation Packages for Windows Server 2003 and for Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-english-language-pack-620421.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello

I've installed Windows 7 Professional and I'd like to install a language pack on it (it's in English now). I've searched the internet and it seems language packs are only available for Ultimate and Home Premium.

Unless, you have a MSDN account. I've got MSDN access but I'm not sure if it's true. Is it? And does it contains the language I want (Dutch) or can I check this?

Tia

A:Windows 7 Professional Language Pack

http://nw360.blogspot.com/2009/10/in...e-pack-on.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-professional-language-pack-428786.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi, i'm using Windows 7 home premium SP1. I can't seem to install any language packs, especially chinese, which is pretty important to me, in the windows update page. Any tips on how to go about? Thanks!

A:Help with Chinese Language Pack, Windows 7 HP SP1

Yes, you will need to upgrade/download Windows 7 ultimate to get language packs. Home Premium only comes with 1 language pack. You can get Home Pre. in English or Chinese when you purchase it, but you can't change it later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275183-help-chinese-language-pack-windows-7-hp-sp1.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Does anyone know if the MUI pack that is to be included in the Ultimate editon if it is available for download yet. I have the RC-1 loaded and would like to try this as well.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/caf219df-4327-46cd-9d3b-36675e40abba/mui-language-pack-windows-vista-rc1?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi,

Recently I installed Windows 7 Enterprise and realized that no language pack are available for download via the Windows Update.

Is it possible that Windows 7 Enterprise does not offer this option or just my DVD Setup?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

A:Windows 7 Enterprise Language Pack..

Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise. The Windows 7 language packs can be installed only from the Optional Updates section in Windows Update. However, these language packs are not available on the Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server or through the Microsoft Download Center.

To download and install a Windows 7 language pack, follow these steps:
Start Microsoft Update. To do this, click Start, type Microsoft Update in the Start Search box, and then click Microsoft Update in the Programs list.
Click the optional update links for the language packs.
Under the Windows 7 Language Packs category, select the desired language pack.

Note If you install many additional language packs, the disk space and system performance are affected. In particular, disk space and system performance are affected during servicing operations, such as Service Pack installations. Therefore, we recommend that you only add a language pack to your computer if you will use the language pack.
Click OK, and then click Install updates to start the download and installation process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/82235-windows-7-enterprise-language-pack.html
Relevancy 93.31%

My problem is that I can't read/write in Hebrew on Windows applications (non-Unicode).
The problem is that i'm using a "special" version of WINXP SP2, that came without the language pack. I Have an original copy of full WINXP, and i'm looking for a way to add the language pack from it.

I tried following instructions on how to add Hebrew via the Control Pannel Regional Settings, but it didn't work. It returned an error msg reporting "The installation could not be complete. Please contact the administrator".
Can someone help?
Any help will be apprecitated.

Thanks.

A:Adding Windows XP SP2 Language Pack

Maybe this?

http://www.shoshke.net/uyip/win-installer.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-windows-xp-sp2-language-pack.413496/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hey guys, I recently changed my motherboard and cpu and was forced to reinstall my upgrade for vista home premium. Now that it has been reinstalled, I am unable to install any of the 54 required updates that are necessary for me to install the service pack. I would like to install these updates and service pack because frankly my Vista experience will suck without it. I've been on the phone with the microsoft guys for hours and have accomplished nothing. Here are some specs:

Intel Pentium 4; 3.4 ghz
2gb RAM, I have another 2gb stick that i'll install after the updates are made
Vista Home Premium Upgraded from Home Basic

Please let me know what you think-- or point me in the right direction if this question has already been answered. Thanks guys.

Ugo

A:Newly Installed Vista Home Premium: Unable to Download Updates and Service Pack

By the way, here's the error message: 80070002

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-vista-home-premium-unable-to-download-updates-and-service-pack.111306/
Relevancy 92.45%

My computer can't display chinese characters. When i went to language settings and installed east asian language, it required me to use the Windows SP3 CD. but i don't have the cd. i thought to download the language files on internet, but i can't find it. Does anyone know where to download it? or is there another way to display chinese characters on my system without CD? Thanks for the help.

A:Where to download asian language package for XP SP3?

Last time I had to do this was on a linux system, haven't actually had to do it on a Windows box. Try this:

Once SP3 is installed, change your language settings, and let your system update download the language pack from Microsoft.

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&P...pt/Language/asianlanguageinstallation_XP.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-download-asian-language-package-for-xp-sp3.140000/
Relevancy 92.45%

Heyo,

so basically what the title states, I wanna know if I have any possibilities of installing an English language pack on a Home Premium edition even though it ain't an Ultimate edition?

A:Windows Home Premium language pack.

Found this: How to use another language pack on Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional

Use at your own risk as I've never tried it nor have any reason to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351758-windows-home-premium-language-pack.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi,
I am busy with creating a new image "Windows 7 enterprise English" for our new site.
After done all 206+ updates , I installed a new Language pack (Hungarian). Did a reboot.
Now it started over to install all updates ... why is this happening? Is this normal??

Kr,
Joeri

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/733cc13b-47f1-4da9-8ea6-04bde6b088b4/windows-updates-are-done-all-over-after-installing-language-pack?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 92.45%

I tried installing Japanese language support onto my Windows XP SP but upon restarting as it prompted me to do I can t log into Windows I select my user name it says quot Loading personal settings quot but then it dumps me back on to the log in screen allowing me to re-click my name to the same effect I Can't after installing log Japanese Pack Language into Windows didn t have a password set as it is my home computer I just had it set to the log in screen since I built the machine just for me to click on my user name I tried doing safe mode and logging into Can't log into Windows after installing Japanese Language Pack the administrator but the same thing happens I tried reverting back to the quot last good configuration quot at the menu that comes after spamming F but that didn t change anything Can't log into Windows after installing Japanese Language Pack Debug dumps me at the same menu I have no idea what to do Help please EDIT I have the Windows XP SP disc which is how I was able to log in However I don t have the password or registration key handy EDIT I tried installing fixing windows but it didn t work gave an error saying the signature was invalid error b setup log files should contain more information I can get to the c command line From there is there any way to initiate a system restore to previous settings or change the registry to skip the log in screen nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-log-into-windows-after-installing-japanese-language-pack.850202/
Relevancy 92.45%

Just installed Win 8 Release Preview to my VMware.
All appear to be fine except..... Language pack.

When I had the Win 8 Consumer Preview , language pack included Chinese Simplified but not Chinese Traditional.
Now with the Release, Chinese Simplified is not available either.
What gives ?

t-4-2

A:Windows 8 Release Preview - language pack

Oh, I get it.
Do I have to create a new VM machine and install the Chinese Simplified or Traditional Windows 8 iso ?

t-4-2

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/6519-windows-8-release-preview-language-pack.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Microsoft Windows 7 Build 7264 64-Bit - Language Pack (ISO)

Download HERE

Relevancy 92.45%

I have a problem with a laptop, from Thailand, that has a Windows Thai Language Pack on. The problem is that it is my friends laptop, who is Thai, but he wants it all to be in english.

The Thai Language Pack seems to change alot of the windows program names and folders into Thai, but he wants them to be English.

So, can i just remove it and it will go back to a normal windows, all in english?
Or, will it not work without the pack?

If it was my laptop i would just remove it and see what happens, but my friend has about 20 Gb of games on it, and about 60Gb music. So i really don't want to mess up his computer.

Also, if i download a English Language pack, would it overide the Thai one?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thai-language-pack-on-windows-problem.652571/
Relevancy 92.45%

I Installed Windows 7 Thin Pc , it was in english.
I want to install a french pack of language but I can't found a way to do that.
In control panel, regional option when try to click on Install/Uninstall more language an error messgae said :lpksetup.exe not found on system 32 .
How can I change windows to french language ?

A:Language Pack Install for Windows 7 Thin Pc

Is the ThinClient, using Jstream?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349848-language-pack-install-windows-7-thin-pc.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi. I buy a laptop and the default language is German i want to install the Greek pack and every time i try says language pack installation failed, i download the pack and try manually but again the same.. any ideas ??

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/30250-windows-8-language-pack-installation-error.html