Windows Support Forum

windows fubar, bsod on bootup

Q: windows fubar, bsod on bootup

i was cruising on firefox checking my mail and downloading a audio book, when the book finished downloading 2 things happened 1 was a old enemy(a fakespyware/virus called xp guardian) and the 2nd was my avg going nuts, detecting multiple threats, i clicked to remove the infections and was about to google instructions out how to remove xp guardian when my computer froze, i reboted and now i get bsod on the windows load screen, and it instantly restarts,bsod is visible for less than a second before rebooting, same issue with safe mode, and i cant do a xp repair becuase ive lost my admin password(even though i dont recall making one) so i ask is there anyway to fix this without having to blank my drive with a fresh install of xp? any help is appreciated and il give any additional info if requested, ty for your time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-fubar-bsod-on-bootup-476946.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows fubar, bsod on bootup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all really getting a headache trying to fix my mums laptop out but I am struggling miserably BSOD's whilst also reinst Windows [SOLVED] trying while - BSOD's now Vista bootup, to I have no idea what she has done obviously claiming to have done nothing but basically I got [SOLVED] Windows Vista - BSOD's while trying to bootup, now also BSOD's whilst reinst a text this morning asking me to take a look at the [SOLVED] Windows Vista - BSOD's while trying to bootup, now also BSOD's whilst reinst laptop because it wont turn on First thing is the Windows bootup screen improper shutdown asking to boot in [SOLVED] Windows Vista - BSOD's while trying to bootup, now also BSOD's whilst reinst safemode normal etc I chose normal and just as it was about to boot into Windows a fast BSOD appeared for a split second and then the laptop restarted to the same screen This time I chose Last known configuration same happened The BSOD's were so fast I cannot get a glance at it I tried in safe mode and it seemed fine but I didnt know what I should try to do So I did a system restore and this worked ok but again it wouldnt boot up After hours of trying I googled some and downloaded Windows Vista Recovery Disc and I attempted the Automatic System Repair but it told me failed to detect any problems Tried it again and same So then I attempted to boot it back up but nope BSOD again The laptop did come with a typical recovery disc but I am unable to find that and the Windows Vista label is stuck underneath the Laptop so I downloaded a copy of Windows Vista to install and I managed to format the harddrive Now this is what bugs me I cannot even install a fresh copy of Windows I am actually trying again as we speak but even whilst quot Copying the files quot on the Windows installation it BSOD's on that too Like I said I was unable to even get a glance at the BSOD messages whilst windows was installed on those boot up failures however the BSOD messages whilst trying to install Windows are very readable as they do not disappear The first one I recall mentioning NTFS or NTSF dot sys ntfs sys The second one I only recall the top line which was MEMORY MANAGEMENT And the third one which I was just about to write in detail as it was still on my screen has just disappeared It was again a totally different message though Im very confused and it makes it worse because Ive built several PCs so I know the insides of those quite well and also have plenty of spare parts but not for laptops I have never even seen inside of a laptop before and certainly have no spare parts to test out Anyone able to help me out with this I feel The laptop is a Packard Bell SJ

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista - BSOD's while trying to bootup, now also BSOD's whilst reinst

Memory_Management

STOP: 0x000000001A (0x00041284. 0xA4884001....

I just tried again for 4th time and I managed to type this much above ^^ before the laptop restarted itself :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-vista-bsods-while-trying-to-bootup-now-also-bsods-whilst-reinst-515393.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been having some issues the last few Safemode! BSOD 7 including Bootup, Windows on days and am at the end of my abilities to troubleshoot and diagnose below is a log of everything I know have observed and tried Desktop Alienware Aurora don't know revision number bought in there about Operating System Windows Ultimate Issue Desktop Blue Windows 7 BSOD on Bootup, including Safemode! Screening on Windows start up Right before this issue we removed motherboard from tower to attempt to add a new motherboard and processor However we realized we got the wrong motherboard and didn't put it in I put the old hardware back in Windows 7 BSOD on Bootup, including Safemode! and hooked it all back up Upon turning it on we discovered the computer blue screens with error Also things to note when powering down desktop on Oct th before opening up the tower to replace motherboards Windows was installing automatic updates and took an abnormal amount of time to install the updates there were about of them and the first took about a half hour to install I never powered back up after the machine shut down to check I didn't think anything bad might've happened due to it STOP x B xFFFFF A xFFFFFFFFC x x Repair Attempts Tried system restores and each failed with the following error An unspecified error occurred during System Restore x ffff Safe Mode gives same blue screen error Start Up Repair also gave an error Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature BadPatch OS Version Locale ID Tried bootrec exe fixMBR and bootrec exe FixBoot to no avail Tried Startup Repair again and upon failing to repair the issue the desktop powers down completely Repeated above fixes with the alienware windows ultimate disc's Repair Environment tools with same results Tried to perform a Repair Installation but couldn't find the option on the alienware windows ultimate disc I know this is a huge long shot but I am interested in still fixing whatever problem is occurring However I also understand reformatting the harddisk is probably the only way to salvage the harddrive So I am looking for possible solutions I could try Thanks for your time

A:Windows 7 BSOD on Bootup, including Safemode!

Hi and welcome to TSF the info here might be help How to use the Windows 7 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt
The hard drive could also have issues IE bad sectors or failing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bsod-on-bootup-including-safemode-908114.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi There,

Please refer to my attached file.

Several tests have shown that I only get this BSOD 99% of the time either shutting down or restarting the PC from the Windows 7 Ultimate environment.

During installation of new nVidia drivers, I had to use safe mode at different points and at no stage during restarting from safe mode did I experience the BSOD.

There are 2 dump files in the attached .rar

I believe there may be either a driver or software fault causing this BSOD issue but I do not fully understand how to read the files to find the cause of the problem.

Your timely help on this matter would be much appreciated.
Thankyou.

A:BSOD at bootup and shutdown, Windows 7 Ultimate.

Hi There,

Has anyone had a chance to have a look at this please?

Would be very much appreciated.
Thankyou

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319361-bsod-bootup-shutdown-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I got a virus that shut my computer down in a few seconds after a dozen virus warnings At that point I could not boot up my computer because halfway windows through bootup? BSOD halfway Recurring through the boot Recurring BSOD halfway through windows bootup? process there was a BSOD and it restarted This happens in normal mode and all of the safe modes An interesting thing to note is that at one point safe mode actually worked at which point i was able to remove the virus and boot back into normal mode Everything was fine All my programs worked all my files were still there nothing was damaged or missing In the past I ve had viruses wipe all my drives completely but this time everything was intact once I got into Windows that one time All was fine for a day but then I shut down my computer thinking that everything was taken care of and now I can t reboot it again -- the same bsod issue I m not sure why or how I managed to boot it up that one time -- I didn t do anything special I m hesitant to reformat since I know that my windows and my files are all okay it s just the bootup that s boned and apparently I got past it once so I d like to know if I could do it again Does anyone know what might be happening I used the windows installation CD to do a chkdsk but that didn t solve the problem There was also an option to repair the boot record or something like that but I did not use it since I didn t know enough about what it does I am using Windows XP bit with G ram radeon hd Any help at all woudl be appreciated -- I really don t want to reformat what a pain in the Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Recurring BSOD halfway through windows bootup?

Can you boot into safemode this time?

If not you can do a repair install from the cd and your data will remain intact but you'll have to redo all updates. Here's the way to do it http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If you keep on getting viruses I'd suggest upping your security. My xp machine has a hardware firewall on the router, a software firewall, Zonealarm, SpywareBlaster, Avast av free, Superantispyware, MalwareBytes and Advanced SystemCare. I rarely have any probs and never pick a up virus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recurring-bsod-halfway-through-windows-bootup.992781/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok I have a HP Pavilion Media Center m n Specs don t really matter I don t think I have a C Drive and a D Recovery Drive The following problems have occured in this order - I edited my startup tasks didn t pay attention to which - Uninstalled Style XP which was a theme editor maybe screwed up XP Windows FUBAR? My my boot files - Restarted Comp - It loaded up to explorer and displayed a message box saying it couldn t find a file and I should check my typing don t know which file - I My Windows XP FUBAR? said screw it and tried a PC Recovery - Computer Shuts Down - Great - I restart it opens boots and then goes to a blue screen saying its checking consistency in D Drive yeh thats fine then it checks consistency in C Drive - I come downstairs to diff computer and I register here - I go back up and it says Thank You For Installing Windows XP - I go what the f ck - Mouse doesn t boot but i go through the setup process - it actually loads windows and explorer drivers don t work but thats probably logical Also note that all my programs are still there Like pokerstars steam etc - I restart and go to PC Recovery during PC Recovery my mouse works fyi - Wait for PC to recover any other suggestions Ok so if you could help me just get my computer to an operable ability that would be great Also it might be nice if you could tell me how to completely wipe everything but windows and just start fresh I am not sure if I have the Windows Discs can i use a different set can i buy them Can I format my hard drive instead Will it still have windows probably not i suppose My computer has been going down hill ever since I got a virus Win Netsky Q from an email I tried everything to fix it RegCure Anti-Virus I tried it manually and nothing seemed to completely fix it Please help nbsp

A:My Windows XP FUBAR?

Yes, you can purchase Windows and I recommend a clean install, for details see: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-windows-xp-fubar.783661/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a strange issue with my PC I keep getting BSOD whenever I power my PC on It BSOD s a few minutes after booting Windows or sometimes half way through loading with different error messages and usually repeats the same process about times after that all is fine The PC will not crash at all and would be on for hours on end either idling playing media gaming browsing etc BSOD Error messages are often driver not equal or less etc USB Bug code non page area etc I have attached a few days worth of Minidumps that have been created most recent Please note iv e tested my memory which most always suggest and Memtest found no faults on a full test And I know for sure it cannot be that otherwise it would crash whilst doing something that requires much more memory use Iv e took every USB s out of the ports and the problem is windows is it BSODs fine. On BSOD starts, bootup after 3 after still there It must be a corrupt driver of some kind or a problem with bootup system files If you need any more info let me know Thankyou Specs Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz Memory x GB DDR Samsung Mhz Dual Channel Ram Hard Drive GB GB GB Sata II amp GB IDE Video Card XFX ATI Radeon HD GB GDDR DX Single Slot Monitor BenQ G HDA p x Sound Card TerraTec Aureon Fun Card PC Optical out Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build SP Motherboard Acer MCP PV MicroATX Motherboard PSU OCZ W MODXSTREAM PRO PSUClick to expand nbsp

A:BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine.

Quite often this sort of scenario involves Graphics card/driver issues. Have you checked for updated graphics drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-on-bootup-after-windows-starts-after-3-bsods-it-is-fine.1067430/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey this is my first time posting here but I'm familiar with BSOD's fault. hardware during Windows bootup, suspecting forums and such Well I might as well describe my problem I have a HP Pavilion dv ca laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium CPU AMD Turion X GHz Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go M RAM Gb DDR Well Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault. this all started out a few weeks ago I was busy doing my normal stuff browsing the web talking to my friends on Skype and listening to music in iTunes when I get a notification for an update to bring iTunes up to I did the update and the process went smoothly But then things started to go horribly wrong for me During the reboot sequence Vista blue screened and went into autorestart Unfortunately I was unable to make out what the message said During POST everything was fine but when Vista tried to boot up I chose start Windows Normally when it gave me the option to it blue screened yet again during this bootup and restarted So in a rut I quickly hit f and managed to get into boot options Naturally I tried to get into safe mode BUT that's when things started to get weird It tried to boot but I got absolutely no GUI at all Explorer exe somehow didn't load up properly or anything My mouse was working as the pointer was up and I could move it around and everything but behind it was just a black screen Nothing else at all Frustrated I hard rebooted and did a system restore BUT during the restore I chose a restore point that was set the day before it gave me a message saying that the restore point could not be used please use another one That was an odd one So I fiddled around with the different restore points until I found a good one that was set before the iTunes install But then this is when things got really weird Windows finally managed to boot properly and I could get into my desktop But then I noticed that the internet wasn't connecting I tried to connect manually but Windows kept saying that the dependency group service could not be started This was getting a little odd So I tried to start it manually by going into My Computer BUT when I tried to do that Windows told me that it couldn't start it up at all and then afterwards I got BSOD' yet again Frustrated and going through a horrible anxiety attack my schoolwork and personal files are on this laptop here and I'm not one for backing up on a regular basis I tried doing another system restore THIS time it seemed to have worked out ok cause now the services had managed to get working again I'm typing this up right now on said laptop because everything's stable at the moment However I'm suspecting that Windows won't boot up right if I do a restart and go through the whole cycle yet again leaving me in an anxious mess Since I have no idea where the BSOD report dump is I checked the reliability monitor and it gave me this http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part So finally my question is what just happened How did iTunes do this DID iTunes do this Is my computer still properly stable Is a Vista reinstall in my future I need some help making sense out of my situation I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this

A:Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

UPDATE: A friend of mine that's CompTIA A+ Certified took a look at the computer finally and ran some memtests; turns out that there was a bad stick of RAM that was doing this. I'm grabbing another 1 gig stick during the weekend, so that'll be fine now.

This topic can now be closed. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-bsods-during-bootup-suspecting-hardware-fault-309627.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone I installed the ATI Radeon LE yesterday replacing a Geforce MX I ve installed this card before in the past but I keep forgetting what the problem was and attempted to install it a few times This time was no different now that I see what happens it was the same problem as before And so now I ve decided to ask for help online so that hopefully I will be able to have this card in my system permanently These are the details - I ve uninstalled previous nVidia drivers and installed the ATI driver Catalyst and also Omega Driver since later versions don t support le - I did all the hardware things removing old card and inserting new one - It boots up to Windows fine there s no problems during boot-up In fact during the first few moments everything seems to run fine and look okay After some time though after about minutes or so - but really I think it s 8500LE BSOD Help, bootup) (while using installing during not ATI after Radeon Windows something I do that triggers it - suddenly Help, BSOD after installing ATI Radeon 8500LE (while using Windows not during bootup) all the applications would freeze up I can move the mouse but I can t click anything everything s Help, BSOD after installing ATI Radeon 8500LE (while using Windows not during bootup) frozen the resize cursor does appear when you re by the edge of a window but if I try to click it then that resize cursor will be permanent but I can still move the cursor around like always About seconds after this happens the screen goes blank for about seconds then after that it comes back to everything with everything unfrozen I ve started to notice a pattern after seeing this happen a few times It seems that this happens when I m scrolling through webpages with a lot of text or something of that nature where there s a body of text moving very fast You know how sometimes when you re scrolling up or down a webpage there s that slight lag especially with older computers I think when that happens that s what triggers it Like just now while I m typing I jumped back to the beginning of this paragraph to add something but because I m adding new words the rest of the paragraph shifts down and when that block of text shifts down to the next line same thing happens This doesn t happen all the time though when I m scrolling down a webpage or something similar but most of the time that s when this problem occurs I guess because it depends on how much text there is However in addition to the sequence of freezing-going blank-being restored another thing that happens is all the text gets scrambled and sometimes some pictures HERE IS A PIC If the window is not selected sometimes the text in that window will be restored but once I select it it gets scrambled again I don t have any kind of virus on my system it only happens when this card is installed Then that same pattern of freezing-blank-restore will happen again but now when it gets restored everything is really sluggish when I m scrolling a page similar to a really old system And then finally if it goes through that same pattern again this time after the screen goes blank a BSOD appears instead It says KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR somewhere at the top and something like quot memory being dumped quot somewhere at the bottom of the screen Judging from the symptoms momentary freeze scrambled text BSOD etc does anyone know what the problem might be Is it the video card itself the drivers bios my memory Here s what I have done I have tried lowering the clock speed of the card - but that didn t work much In my past attempts I think I tried installing other drivers but it didn t work I ve have to try that again Uh it started happening again which means I ll submit this thread now and restart my comp since that resets everything If anyone can explain to me what the problem is I d greatly appreciate it Here s the first pic again Here s a pic of distorted graphics at the middle nbsp

A:Help, BSOD after installing ATI Radeon 8500LE (while using Windows not during bootup)

Sorry I wasn't able to post the pics because I need a min. of 3 posts. I'll post them in the next reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-bsod-after-installing-ati-radeon-8500le-while-using-windows-not-during-bootup.95635/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a strange issue with my PC I keep getting is BSODs bootup after BSOD 3 fine. after windows On starts, it BSOD whenever I power my PC on It BSOD's a few minutes after booting Windows or sometimes half BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. way through loading with different error messages and usually repeats the same process about times after that all is fine The PC will not crash at BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. all and would be on for hours on end either idling playing media gaming browsing etc BSOD Error messages are often driver not equal or less etc BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. USB Bug code non page area etc I have attached a few days worth of Minidumps that have been created most recent Please note iv'e tested my memory which most always suggest and Memtest found no faults on a full test And I know for sure it cannot be that otherwise it would crash whilst doing something that requires much more memory use Iv'e took every USB's out of the ports and the problem is still there It must be a corrupt driver of some kind or a problem with bootup system files If you need any more info let me know Thankyou Specs Quote Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz Memory x GB DDR Samsung Mhz Dual Channel Ram Hard Drive GB GB GB Sata II amp GB IDE Video Card XFX ATI Radeon HD GB GDDR DX Single Slot Monitor BenQ G HDA p x Sound Card TerraTec Aureon Fun Card PC Optical out Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build SP Motherboard Acer MCP PV MicroATX Motherboard PSU OCZ W MODXSTREAM PRO PSU

Utorrent is named is several of the ones I ran, uninstall Utorrent and see if the issue stops.

Code:
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030b6100

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
ndis!NdisMAllocateNetBufferSGList+9e
fffff880`016c76de ff4514 inc dword ptr [rbp+14h]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800813dff0 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800813dff0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=00000000000005bf rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000026
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880016c76de rsp=fffff8800813e180 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffffa80066166a0 r9=0000000000000001 r10=fffffa8005251000
r11=0000000000000955 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
ndis!NdisMAllocateNetBufferSGList+0x9e:
fffff880`016c76de ff4514 inc dword ptr [rbp+14h] ss:0018:00000000`00000014=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002e86769 to fffff80002e871c0
If it continues D/L Memtest+ burn it to a CD using a free program like Imgburn if you need one then boot from the CD to test the ram, let it run for at least 6 passes or until you see an error.

If the ram passes we'll have to try running driver verifier, if it comes to that make sure to post back first to get the complete instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-bootup-after-windows-starts-after-3-bsods-it-is-fine-663810.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a strange issue with my PC I keep getting BSOD whenever I power my PC on It BSOD's a few minutes after booting Windows or sometimes half way through loading with different error messages and usually repeats the same process about times after that all is fine The PC will not crash at all and would be on for hours on end either idling windows fine. starts, is bootup BSOD it On after BSODs 3 after playing media gaming browsing etc BSOD Error messages are often driver not equal or less etc USB Bug code non BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. page area etc I have attached a few days worth of Minidumps that have been created most recent BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. Please note iv'e tested my memory which most always BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. suggest and Memtest found no faults on a full test And I know for sure it cannot be that otherwise it would crash whilst doing something that requires much more memory use Iv'e took every USB's out of the ports and the problem is still there It must be a corrupt driver of some kind or a problem with bootup system files If you need any more info let me know Thankyou Specs Quote Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz Memory x GB DDR Samsung Mhz Dual Channel Ram Hard Drive GB GB GB Sata II amp GB IDE Video Card XFX ATI Radeon HD GB GDDR DX Single Slot Monitor BenQ G HDA p x Sound Card TerraTec Aureon Fun Card PC Optical out Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build SP Motherboard Acer MCP PV MicroATX Motherboard PSU OCZ W MODXSTREAM PRO PSU

Fri Mar 05 01:04:39 2010 nvmf6264.sys

nVidia nForce network driver Update your driver from here: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250482-bsod-bootup-after-windows-starts-after-3-bsods-fine.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello So this is my dilemma A friend and I built my computer a little over months ago It has been running great for the most part but not until recently past month or two it has been severely acting up I don t recall doing any major driver updates that would cause these severe errors I have formatted and reinstalled Windows several times but the same issues are still occurring The frustrating part is that I have no idea if it is a software or hardware based problem The problem After about minutes to an hour of booting Windows up the computer will either randomly freeze or give me this blue screen After reboot either of things happens I can boot Windows up normally and go about my business until it happens all over again During bootup I get Windows BSOD Included) and Vista64bit (Pictures Errors Bootup this error Or it either starts to boot up quot Verifying DMI Pool Data quot quot Boot from CD quot then just hangs there Now Windows Vista64bit BSOD and Bootup Errors (Pictures Included) if happens I get a Windows response message that ultimately doesn t help me out OS Windows Vista Ultimate SP bit OS Windows Vista64bit BSOD and Bootup Errors (Pictures Included) Version Windows Vista64bit BSOD and Bootup Errors (Pictures Included) System Intel Core Extreme CPU X GHz XFX MBN IUL LGA NVIDIA nForce i Ultra SLI DDR ATX Intel Motherboard Corsair Dominator DDR SDRAM PC gig sticks x SLI d GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR Video Cards x As I mentioned I have no idea if this is a software or hardware related problem I am at the end of my nerves trying to figure this problem out after reinstalling Windows several times Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Windows Vista64bit BSOD and Bootup Errors (Pictures Included)

This Stop message, also known as Stop 0x1E, indicates that a kernel-mode process tried to execute an illegal or unknown processor instruction. This error handler is a default error handler that catches errors not associated with other specific error handlers. (Quoted from Microsoft)
In my experience, errors that occur as described and point to hardware are often caused by a failing powersupply or cooling problems. If it is not able to provide correct voltages, or overheating, Windows will crash under periods of high system usage. These times include, but are not limited to, gaming and startup. Take steps to ensure your power supply is still good and that all your fans are running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista64bit-bsod-and-bootup-errors-pictures-included.787943/
Relevancy 45.15%

Having an enormous problem with a desktop PC home build Relevant specs Processor AMD Athlon Orleans GHz KB L Cache Socket AM ProcessorMotherboard MSI K N SLI-F AM NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP ATX AMD MotherboardMemory G SKILL GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop MemoryVideo Card PNY VCG GXPB GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x SLI Supported Video CardOperating System Windows XP SP System functioned perfectly for months Now it boots to a on BSOD bootup blue screen quot A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down quot Stop message STOP x E xc x A xF A E xF A E Checked the google on that x E and found this http support microsoft com kb Checked all of the above none applied or resolved the issue The system BSOD on bootup does successfully boot in Safe Mode but not with safe mode with networking Updated the BIOS Issue persists Disabled and updated all drivers Issue persists BSOD on bootup Have now re-installed Windows three additional times Each time the system functions for a while months to days to hours and each time the length of how long it has functioned has shortened One problem is that I m only working with one memory stick so I can t remove the stick to check to see if the system still functions I probably can take it down to Fry s to see if they can test it The test I ran on it myself using a utility from here BSOD on bootup http www ultimatebootcd com came up with nothing Switched memory ports no difference Ran chkdisk nothing Have multiple drives installed have installed XP on different drives Problem inevitably returns All drives have at least gig worth of free space Antivirus checks all come up clean I now have the problem of not being able to identify what has gone wrong and have exhausted all of my low and no-cost means to diagnose the problem If it s the processor or the motherboard or some other hardware issue I d like to identify it without spending a hundred dollars and not resolving anything In sort of desperate straits now Really low on cash really need a functioning machine Help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261641/bsod-on-bootup/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, and thank you for the help that you can give me regarding my problem. I receive the BSOD upon boot up whenever it goes to load Windows XP. I also tried to boot under safe mode, and SM with networking, and safe mode with command prompt and last known good configuration. I didnt make an automated system recovery disk for XP either. I am just trying to get files off of my harddrive, then i will do an clean install of windows xp and format the drive. Is there any other way that i can pull off my files before doing that? Btw, what happens when i try to reinstall windows over the same partition of my harddrive that already has Windows Xp on it? Will it still keep the files that i have on my computer and reinstall the main things such as the system files?

Relevancy 45.15%

BSOD history Used to get a BSOD months ago Was an issue with my LAN drivers updated them and it went away Steps leading up to current BSOD Was working with the Oculus Rift a lot switching between monitors and monitor and the Oculus This caused a few system freakouts which I had to hard shutdown but it always booted fine after Last night I was going to watch some Netflix on my nd monitor which had been plugged in and working already I turned the monitor to face my bed and fullscreened Netflix and everything went black Hard shutdown - reboot into bootup BSOD every BSOD everytime before the login screen Safe mode still works thankfully and I have attached the required file I also ran Memtest with no problems I tried to do a system restore but it could not find any restore points even though I made several myself BSOD every bootup in addition to the automated restore points I've been looking at the DMP files but I haven't had much luck figuring out what is causing it BSOD every bootup - any help would be appreciated

A:BSOD every bootup

Quote:
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880087127b0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
+1
00000000`00000000 ?? ???

CONTEXT: fffff880087127b0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880087127b0;r)
rax=fffffa800db43000 rbx=fffff8a002267ab0 rcx=fffff8a002267ab0
rdx=0000000000000001 rsi=0000000000000001 rdi=fffff880087131f8
rip=0000000000000000 rsp=fffff88008713198 rbp=fffff88008713250
r8=fffff880087131f8 r9=fffffa800eafc5a0 r10=fffff80003a5c588
r11=fffff88008713258 r12=0000000000000001 r13=fffff8a002267ab0
r14=0000000000000000 r15=fffffa800d93b000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010286
00000000`00000000 ?? ???
Last set context:
rax=fffffa800db43000 rbx=fffff8a002267ab0 rcx=fffff8a002267ab0
rdx=0000000000000001 rsi=0000000000000001 rdi=fffff880087131f8
rip=0000000000000000 rsp=fffff88008713198 rbp=fffff88008713250
r8=fffff880087131f8 r9=fffffa800eafc5a0 r10=fffff80003a5c588
r11=fffff88008713258 r12=0000000000000001 r13=fffff8a002267ab0
r14=0000000000000000 r15=fffffa800d93b000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010286
00000000`00000000 ?? ???
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to 0000000000000000

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`08711ee8 fffff800`038c6fe9 : 00000000`0000003b 00000000`c0000005 00000000`00000000 fffff880`087127b0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`08711ef0 fffff800`038c693c : fffff880`044dec50 fffff880`044d5e5f 00000000`69634d00 fffff8a0`0097d820 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`08712030 fffff800`038f331d : fffff960`0031527c fffff960`002e3dc4 fffff960`00020000 fffff880`08712f58 : nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+0x7c
fffff880`08712070 fffff800`038f20f5 : fffff800`03a1c2d4 fffff880`087120e8 fffff880`08712f58 fffff800`03855000 : nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
fffff880`087120a0 fffff800`03903081 : fffff880`08712f58 fffff880`087127b0 fffff880`00000000 fffff880`087131f8 : nt!RtlDispatchException+0x415
fffff880`08712780 fffff800`038c70c2 : fffff880`08712f58 fffff8a0`02267ab0 fffff880`08713000 00000000`00000001 : nt!KiDispatchException+0x135
fffff880`08712e20 fffff800`038c5c3a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`08713000 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x23a

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c
fffff800`038c693c b801000000 mov eax,1

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5507a73c

IMAGE_VERSION: 6.1.7601.18798

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373606-bsod-every-bootup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi For several weeks I have been getting the BSOD They have been mostly during bootup but some have occurred a long time after bootup I believe the first one I received had BCCode E but since then I have had several different codes Hopefully that will be reflected in the dumps I have attached Attachment I have tried lots of things to fix the problem but nothing has worked I have - used restore points from a few moths earlier - run CHKDSK - run sfc scanow - run Virus scanner - run a Microsoft Memory Diagnostic - updated driver RTL su sys which was mentioned in several crashes Also in at least one crash quot ntfs sys quot was mentioned My bootup Many - mostly at BSOD understanding is that this would normally be updated by the Windows Update procedure Currently it is at version I note there are later versions on the Microsoft site but from what I could tell the revisions were for systems used as servers Hence I have not tried to update this file Everytime I tried to boot in quot Safe Mode Many BSOD - mostly at bootup with Network quot my PC crashed Safe Mode by itself seems OK Hope someone can help

A:Many BSOD - mostly at bootup

Hello,

To start off:

Code:
Probably caused by : RTL8192su.sys
This has been popping up in most of the dump files. Try making sure your Realtek Drivers are completely updated.

Code:
Probably caused by : hardware_disk

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
To be safe run a hardware check:

BUG CHECK:

Quote:
BugCheck 0x124

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps ha... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304216-many-bsod-mostly-bootup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So ive had my laptop for about a year BSOD on bootup and a half years tops and now it starts playing up It was working just fine until recently it decided to bluescreen Alot so after this BSOD on bootup started happening i used system restore to revert to a date before it started to bs however this did not solve the issue Anyway I went to turn on my laptop earlier and It bluescreened before vista would even load i tried to repair the OS like it quot recomended quot and it bluescreened before vista could load I tried to insert a vista operating system disc and reinstall vista that way and it bluescreened Basically i know something in my hardware is pretty much goners but i cant figure out what i took out the RAM chips to see if it was one of them nope vista still bluescreened BSOD on bootup OS - Vista Windows - Vista x -bit or x - bit BSOD on bootup What was original installed OS on system - Vista Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer - OEM version Age of system hardware - years max Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS same as hardware no reinstall CPU - Intel Core Duo P Video Card - Nvidia GeForce m GS MotherBoard - IDFK Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Delta Electronics Input - V output V System Manufacturer - Acer Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom - Aspire Gemstone Blue G Also if it helps this is the screen that makes me want to have an ALL CAPSRAGE

A:BSOD on bootup

Have you tried running in safemode? (Boot up and tap F8 key)

You can download memtest(linked in my signature) and that will tell you if there is a problem with your memory. You just burn to cd and boot from the cd and let it make several passes on each individual stick. (Page fault errors usually relate to memory or possibly a bad driver from what I've noticed)

If that passes and gives no errors, run a hard drive diagnostic. Download SeaTools for DOS (google it) and burn to cd and run at startup.

These will eliminate physical problems with your memory and hard disk

Hope that helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-bootup-587156.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I guess sometime over the weekend my computer got hit by a power surge and fried my motherboard Since then I ve purchased a new motherboard and CPU for the heck of it and a UPS surge protector The place where I bought the m b from verified that the CPU and my RAM were ok I brought it all back home installed the m b and upon booting it gives me the quot Windows did not on BSOD bootup XP close successfully quot screen and gives me several options quot safe mode etc quot None of them XP BSOD on bootup work After loading files into what appear to be some sort of RAMDrive it BSODs on me The actual message escapes me at the moment I m at work so I don t have access to it I ve booted into my XP Cd home ed and XP BSOD on bootup went into RC I m currently running chkdsk p and seems to be taking forever I saw the quot fixboot quot and quot fixmbr quot commands but I m fearful I can see some rudimentary things on my drive while in the RC through the surreal DOS interface that that provides so the drive seems ok My last drive got fried from some other power surge in December so this drive is pretty new It s a Western Digital gig drive Anyway I almost ran the quot fixmbr quot command or what is fixboot and one of them said that quot the MBR appears to be non-existent or corrupt XP BSOD on bootup quot which seems to make sense It also said that I should only run them on a quot x quot compatible computer What exactly does that mean I have an AMD Sempron processor Do they consider that an quot x quot compatible processor But one of the commands indicated that it could rewrite the partition which I definitely DO NOT want to do since I would then lose everything on the desk at least per my understanding of partitions and they damage they can do if not handled appropriately so am I safe in running these commands I foolishly have no backup a problem I intend to rectify immediately upon a successful bootup but I definitely don t want to do anything that might jeopardize my attempts at getting into this drive I tried booting from floppy but I couldn t get to C from that It was an older floppy I had laying around and probably had Win kernel on it I found a link someone Bulldog had linked to on the Microsoft site with some files that can be used to create a boot floppy disk and I may see if my friend can create one for me tonight if my chkdsk is unsuccessful Anything else I should be doing nbsp

A:XP BSOD on bootup

I would put that drive in another pc and copy the data from it . . then download and run diagnostics from WD to verify the drive is ok . . Then proceed to a clean installation of XP if the drive checks out OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-bsod-on-bootup.357290/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, i got the following problem.

I installed CCleaner on win7 prof x64 and received a BSOD.
NOw i?m not even able to startup my system again not even in secured mode or to boot from CD.
Always appears this screen

See if you can do this

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90574-bsod-bootup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My PC was running fine and I was running CCleaner to fix registry issues like I normally do I went to the Startup Section and was disabling programs to speed up my boot time Whilst on it I went on the scheduled tasks and instead of disabling them I deleted them Now everytime I bootup I get a BSOD with the error System Service Exception asmtxhci sys I am writing this from Safe mode with networking and I am unable to find a fix I have no system restore points anymore despite having some there a few bootup on every BSOD days ago and I can't even reset to factory setting because when I bought my PC all I got was a code for windows BSOD on every bootup which when I try to validate on Windows gives me an error which is on Microsoft's end saying they were unable to process my request In case it wasn't deleting the scheduled tasks I had been installing updating drivers which may have something to do with it if it isn't the boot up tasks I am running Windows Build Service pack I found this topic which seems to be the same - http www BSOD on every bootup tenforums com bsod-crashes-debugging -windows- -bsod-system service exception-asmtxhci-sys html However Device Manager doesn't show any errors under any of the drivers I don't have an ASMedia USB driver though I found the download for it for my z i motherboard but can't install it because windows installer isn't available in safe mode and the people in the other forum seems to BSOD on every bootup just install the driver after he is able to identify that the lack of the driver is causing it I don't have access to another computer so won't be able to get the driver I'm at a loss as to what to do I can't restore to an older restore point or to factory settings and I can't even determine that this is causing the problem

A:BSOD on every bootup

Update your ASMedia USB 3.0 drivers for your system
Try it through a clean boot:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Please post another topic in the Windows 7 forum about being unable to validate Windows.
In the event that the system is pirated, we won't be able to help and the topic will be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618421/bsod-on-every-bootup/
Relevancy 45.15%

Well this is great. A while ago, I started having this.
*Turns on my computer, computer has Acer boot screen with the sound*
*Vista runs with that loading bar*
*BSoD suddenly pops and goes*

And here's what it said:

Code:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFFA6000B5BAAB
BCP3: FFFFFA6001B60E38
BCP4: FFFFFA6001B60810
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini040209-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ivan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45131-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Ivan\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCC33.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

A:My bootup BSoD

Check out the minidump and see what is causing the crash, perhaps a recently installed program

Did you run Anti Virus and Anti Spyware & Malaware just to be sure is not a virus, worm?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/219952-my-bootup-bsod.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,
BSOD after computer crashes. I am currently running Vista HP X64 and using Window disk to boot back up. Not sure where the actual problem lies or how long this PC will keep running. Crashes after about 10 minutes or so and then will boot back up after I hit 'Start Window Normally' I am unable to read the blue screen as the print is all distorted. I am going to attach my Minidump file. Perhaps you can tell me how to resolve this issue.
Thanks,
John

Hello,

Please follow these directions, and post the results here: BSOD Kernel Dump & System File Collection - jcgriff2.com

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282277-bsod-bootup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey folks I have a really huge problem with my Thinkpad that I can t seem to solve When I boot my laptop up I get a x blue screen when I reach the Windows XP logo I did some searching and found relevant solutions which directed me to use the bootup HELP! BSOD on 0x00000024 Windows XP CD to run CHKDSK with the recovery console Problem is I can HELP! 0x00000024 BSOD on bootup t even get to the recovery console I get another BSOD - this time x E pci sys as soon as the setup files are finished loading So I m at a loss no idea what else I can do This all happened when I turned on my laptop from hibernation It didnt seem to be loading on after a while so I turned it off then on again Unfortunately it never booted and the BSOD came up Any ideas solutions or advice would be appreciated I really need this laptop up and running Thanks for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-0x00000024-bsod-on-bootup.783972/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello !
I have uninstalled acronis backup & recovery 11.5
After restart windows won't bootup !
Please help !
here is farbar utility frst.txt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hs-is-missin-bsod-at-bootup.1156781/
Relevancy 44.72%

I've had my PC for two years and had one issue with BSODs before but that was related to an issue with my 0x000000C9 BSOD Bootup On RAM clock rate Now my PC BSODs on boot up with BSOD 0x000000C9 On Bootup a x C error code but no associated text description I cannot boot the PC into safe mode to access the dump files either I will attach a screenshot of the BSOD Just to check I ran a full system virus scan using TrendMicro House Call from a USB drive It detected no threats I searched the code on Google and got no useful information and searched the sys file that the BSOD mentions dtsoftbus sys but all fixes seem to require getting into the file browser which is impossible in the computers current state I'm posting this from my phone and will not have access to a full USB port of the time as I don't have a laptop I appreciate any responses and would like to thank you for your time

A:BSOD 0x000000C9 On Bootup

This is caused by Driver Verifier. Your BSOD you are having are non-fatal. Your lucky you didnt have a fatal paramenter. Backup your data and re-install windows. That should fix the problem.

0x23E
Non-fatal error
A driver has marked an IRP pending but didn't return STATUS_PENDING. (IRP specified.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353827-bsod-0x000000c9-bootup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

After the last Windows update which occurred while I was running REStore the computer rebooted and went into a constant loop failing to finish I get a BSOD stating there is a quot Non Page Error quot I have tried to run Repair in after bootup - to Seems a loop be BSOD and Windows starts loading files and never finishes I have then used a Windows disc to try and boot and when I try to run SFC SCANNOW it starts runs a little then I get a message that I am already running a Repair and I need to stop and reboot BSOD after bootup - Seems to be in a loop which then goes into the endless loop I have run System Restore to a prior date and I get this error message every time quot rstrui exe - Application Error The instruction at xFB fca referenced memory at x e fb The memory could not be read I have even tried to run an Update as your page instructed but it won't work either I have a Repair Disc but it is for bit and I'll have to find a bit machine to make one for this one I have BSOD after bootup - Seems to be in a loop but I have no clue if that will work either Apparantly REStore and or WIndows Update removed something and I am unable BSOD after bootup - Seems to be in a loop to function

A:BSOD after bootup - Seems to be in a loop

Hello .

What is the bugcheck codes (plural) you're getting?
Are they consistent?

Follow this tutorial and select Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure that way it won't restart
right away and you can snap a picture of the BSOD.
Advanced Boot Options
Upload it here.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307732-bsod-after-bootup-seems-loop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I was unable to boot my PC at all until I removed a Tamarack USB driver file (USB2400.dll) from the System32 folder. It has helped a little, but now I get this bsod error:STOP: C0000263 {Driver Entry Point Not Found}The \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\FLTMGR.SYS device driver could not locate the entry point IoGetDeviceAttachmentBaseRef in driver Ntoskernel.exeAfter I saw this, I booted Windows in safe mode and got to a desktop. Unfortunately I could not find anything out of the ordinary and nothing immediately outstanding. Nothing had a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager (of course in safe mode, not all drivers are loaded). Not knowing what to look for or what to do next, I rebooted in normal mode, but straight back to the same bsod. So, progress has been made, but I'm not quite there yet.What causes the FLTMGR error? What does this file do? What would hinder it from operating properly?

A:FLTMGR.SYS bsod on bootup

Below is a link to the same error in server 2003. I suggest you run a registry cleaner from safe mode and see if that won't remove the offending driver mismatch. Try Cleaner's registry module.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245014

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/fltmgrsys-bsod-on-bootup/65676.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Was having DNS problems (could access sites by IP address, but would get Chrome error 'DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET' for sites by url name (such as Google), a little while after bootup).
Now getting BSOD consistently (4 times) within about 12 minutes of bootup. Have to enter Safe Mode with Networking to post this (and do not get BSOD nor DNS errors in Safe Mode).

A:BSOD about 12minutes after bootup

Hello and welcome to Sevenforums!
The program that is causing the BSOD is avast. Uninstall Avast. After uninstalling avast i would recommend you to download Avira or Kaspersky.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353650-bsod-about-12minutes-after-bootup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone I just registered here and soon will get in tune with all the guidelines About a month ago Constant BSOD on bootup I assembled my desktop and below are my specs Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics ATI Radeon HD series Memory Size MB Hard disk Size GB Windows Professional Problem As I said about Constant BSOD on bootup a month ago I assembled my desktop along with a AOC quot LED monitor and a Intex UPS The only things that I didn t purchase were my GB HITACHI HDD and a CD DVD ROM which I used from my older pc I assembled this pc mainly for gaming Now the problem that I m having is that whenever I boot up after a certain interval of time - hours or so the pc restarts - times just after reaching the windows loading logo and just after the restart it say quot Windows failed to start quot and prompts me to quot Start Windows Normally quot OR to quot Start Windows Repair Recommended quot Normally I select the quot Start Windows Normally quot and then the pc would restart to more times or so Sometimes when I do attempt the quot Start Windows Repair Recommended quot a dialog box appears showing quot Windows is attempting a repair Please wait quot or something like that and after or minutes it shows quot Windows failed to Repair quot and the dialog box prompts me to quot view log quot or to quot Finish quot After clicking Finish the pc restarts and the same thing happens as above Now as the pc restarts about - times normally just after the welcome screen the monitor would go haywire displaying nothing but lines and then the pc would restart one more time only this time it would show the blue screen displaying the stop error and everything on restart But the screen remains still for only some microseconds making it impossible to note the stop error After that the windows would load up as it should and after the welcome screen windows shows a report displaying the error Error This is my most recent error report Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP D BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Knight AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml From the limited knowledge that I ve gathered from google I ve tried the following The first thing I did was re-format my pc removing all my previous data from the old HDD that I used and then update all the drivers but it fixed nothing Then I took my CPU only to the shop from where I purchased it and gave it for RAM Graphic card and HDD testing but he too said that my pc was fine The next thing I did was to check my HDD through cmd but the result was quot OK quot After that I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic but it too displayed no error Note After the pc has rebooted successfully most of the time I can play any game or do anything I want without any glitches only with a rare random BSOD Below I ve attached my last dump files Please help as I am desperate for it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Constant BSOD on bootup

Is this a duplicate post, for the same computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-bsod-on-bootup.180918/
Relevancy 44.72%

My laptop is about a 6 year old ASUS originally running Win7, now running Win10. For the last couple months I have had problems on bootup.
When booting my computer, it will do one of several things. It will either BSOD to a system repair or missing kernel screen, it will freeze on system login, it will black screen and become unresponsive on login, or it will go to desktop but will freeze after a few seconds.
If I hard reboot the system several times, usually between 3 and 8, I can get it to start up and it will run just fine.
I have switched my main hard drive to a SSD but these problems were happening before any hardware changes. Also, it happens whether I have the battery in or not.
If anyone could help me out if appreciate it.

A:BSOD and freezes on bootup

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615379/bsod-and-freezes-on-bootup/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey everyone This seems to be happening to several of our computers all at the same time maybe a windows update problem right after login at bootup it blue screens Please help with this issue JB Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff Parameter Parameter fffff f d Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor 0x00000050 bootup BSOD on Version Dump BSOD 0x00000050 on bootup File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff e Parameter Parameter fffff ced Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c BSOD 0x00000050 on bootup File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff e Parameter Parameter fffff fd Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff d e Parameter Parameter fffff b d Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size

A:BSOD 0x00000050 on bootup

No hardware has been added or changed. Can anyone please help with this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482596/bsod-0x00000050-on-bootup/
Relevancy 44.72%

i have a dell studio XPS 1645 with windows 7 home premium 64-bit and i just got this problem today. when i startup i keep getting the error stop: fatal error c000021a and i have tryed all the things i've seen so far (start in safe mode, start with last know config ect.) but every time i do i get the same error and can't start up

A:BSOD on bootup c000021a

Quote: Originally Posted by Pelley

i have a dell studio XPS 1645 with windows 7 home premium 64-bit and i just got this problem today. when i startup i keep getting the error stop: fatal error c000021a and i have tryed all the things i've seen so far (start in safe mode, start with last know config ect.) but every time i do i get the same error and can't start up

It appears to be a registry problem.. Cause and cure here (requires a win 7 dvd) Error Message: Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization System Process...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/157964-bsod-bootup-c000021a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Long story short Computer broke down and after checking TDY.SYS bootup without freezes BSOD XP on at with chkdsk it had some unsolvable issues Tryed to make XP freezes on bootup without BSOD at TDY.SYS image from that disk with Ghost but it also couldn't read all data so using some recovery software Easy recovery pro I guess under XPE CD bootable XP version can access HDD and many other good options I copied everything I could on other HDD Computer boots up in Safe mode till TDI SYS and hangs there Normal bootup freezes on black screen Once I had BSOD which said STOP C Bad image checksum The image MPR DLL is probably corrupt The header checksumm does not match the computed checksum I changed that MPR DLL with fresh installed XP copy on the same PC and BSOD disapiered but freezes still at TDI SYS When I try to repair it with WIN CD instalation doesn't see this instalation on HDD and offers only fresh new copy Computer is old CPU Celeron GHz MB ASUS P BGV-MX RAM MB HDD broken Maxtor GB IDE HDD New WD GB IDE Video LAN onbord OS WIN XP PRO SP There was some specific services running on that PC - phone registry specific MySQL databases and some other old software I don't have copies - I know that only brave ones doesn't make backups - mine is done months ago but anyway only data no software Any help on making this PC running again Thank You

A:XP freezes on bootup without BSOD at TDY.SYS

Anyone

Aske any information You need

Or if you think it is not possible then say it, but I hope You will not

Thnx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-freezes-on-bootup-without-bsod-at-tdy-sys-331327.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have been getting BSOD and a message when i restart the computer saying: "The file may be corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum."

I am able to reboot after removing the RAM and replacing it so I was guessing it might be a memory issue. I posted the zipped file.

Windows 7, installed after Windows vista about a year ago. Downloaded it from Microsoft so Full Retail. Hardware is roughly 3 and a half years old.

A:BSOD And Bootup message

Please run these tests and report back the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html
3. Hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16792.x86fre.win7_gdr.110408-1633
Debug session time: Wed May 18 18:01:52.418 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:07:31.278
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41282
PROCESS_NAME: SearchProtocol
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_41282_nt!MiReplaceWsleHash+65
BiosReleaseDate = 09/05/2007
SystemManufacturer = Unknow
SystemProductName = Unknow
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7600.16695.x86fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Sun May 15 02:45:53.060 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:21:50.478
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_403
PROCESS_NAME: Installer.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_403_win32k!SURFACE::bDeleteSurface+291
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun May 1 14:09:56.192 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:12.051
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_7
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x4E_7_HIDCLASS!HidpDistributeInterruptReport+ce
Debug session time: Sun May 1 14:06:45.343 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:25.187
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmRemoveExecuteGrants+fe )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: runonce.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xA_nt!MmRemoveExecuteGrants+fe
Debug session time: Sun May 1 14:04:13.695 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:52:36.837
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ExAllocatePoolWithTag+4b7 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_nt!ExAllocatePoolWithTag+4b7
Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Wed Nov 10 21:33:43.185 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:21:20.044
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_3
PROCESS_NAME: hon.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x19_3_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+336

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/164007-bsod-bootup-message.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Problem Win Pro -bit installed and worked perfectly for a week Then it began giving me the occasional random BSOD on bootup - CPU Bootup failure? BSOD until it eventually stopped booting at all I tried Bootup BSOD - CPU failure? recovering from the Win install disk but it gives me the same BSOD Here is where it occurs It boots from the disk and copies the Bootup BSOD - CPU failure? files just fine Then the progress bar moves for a short time Then this Troubleshooting I ran several HDD tests CHKDSK Seatools SpinRite without a single error I also tested the memory memtest and windiag but found no errors I finally formatted the HDD for a fresh install and it still didn't work I reinstalled XP Pro -bit and it has been working flawlessly for six months Since then I have systematically replaced the HDD memory DVD-ROM PSU and motherboard going from a P to P chipset I also tried three different video cards ATI and nVidia The only thing I have not replaced is the CPU e because of the expense None of these things fixed the problem When I try to install I disconnect all the peripherals and internal components not necessary for installation I've tried a PS keyboard with no USB devices connected I tried the backup disk I got from MS instead of the ISO I downloaded which is what I used to install in the first place I've flashed to the latest BIOS I've played with every BIOS setting I can think of that might be causing the problem None of this works Solutions The only hardware I haven't tested is the CPU XP -bit works fine but Win -bit does not Is it possible that a CPU could fail in a way that it will not run a -bit OS but will still run a -bit OS It's got to be a hardware failure but I have never heard of a CPU acting this way What else is there to try before replacing the CPU for an unlikely fix Original setup e Gigabyte P -DS GB Corsair DDR Seagate Barracuda GB Geforce GT Antec Truepower W New setup e same one Gigabyte EP -UD P GB Patriot DDR WD Black GB Radeon Antec Truepower W EDIT added hard drives to setups

A:Bootup BSOD - CPU failure?

Stop error 7B means windows cant access the boot drive. Your chipset drivers/ storage drivers may be acting up or your hard drive may be failing. Though you did say, XP has been running fine for 6 months.

Try updating your chipset drivers/ storage drivers. As a side note, does your bios have the option to switch from AHCI to IDE? I just remembered this because in XP, i used to occasionally come across this error and that was always because in the bios the drive mode had got toggled from IDE to AHCI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79498-bootup-bsod-cpu-failure.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently built a pc using new parts and a few recycled ones Downloaded win you can see the specs in my profile only the mobo processor and video card are new I have not yet installed any drivers for the gpu or the few mobo drivers After bootup in like - minutes it gives me BSOD seems to run fine in safe mode with networking when I restart Pls Help i have the dmp on a flash drive but dont bootup few minutes after BSOD know how to upload it EDIT I used osronline to analyze the dmp this is what it gave me Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources Inc OSR Homepage OSR Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers for more information Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp rtm - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff aaae Debug session time Sat Dec UTC BSOD few minutes after bootup - System Uptime days Bugcheck Analysis WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR A fatal hardware error has occurred Parameter identifies the type of error source that reported the error Parameter holds the address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure that describes the error conditon Arguments Arg Machine Check Exception Arg fffffa b Address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure Arg bf High order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Arg Low order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Debugging Details ------------------ TRIAGER Could not open triage file e dump analysis program triage modclass ini error BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME mscorsvw exe CURRENT IRQL f STACK TEXT fffff c a fffff ea b fffffa b bf nt KeBugCheckEx fffff c aa fffff f d fffffa b ea fffffa b ef hal HalBugCheckSystem x e fffff c ae fffff e fffffa b ea fffff c e fffff c e nt WheaReportHwError x fffff c b fffff e fffffa b ea fffff c e fffffa b ea hal HalpMcaReportError x c fffff c c fffff df d fffff c ef hal HalpMceHandler x e fffff c cd fffff e fffff f db f hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x fffff c d fffff e f c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff c d fffff e d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff c e fffff nt KiMcheckAbort x fffff f nt MiDeleteVirtualAddresses x fd STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:BSOD few minutes after bootup

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388380-bsod-few-minutes-after-bootup.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Hope fully someone can help me I have a system with the following specs Coolermaster M Silent Pro w Gigabyte X A-UD R Intel Core i x gb OCZ Gold DDR Bootup On nvlddmkm.sys BSOD Intermittent MSI NVidia GeForce GTX Lightning Intel X -M gb SSD for os x gb WD Barricudas RAID Creative X-FI Fatality Sound Card Windows x Pro retail The components aren't very old maybe m for the processor mem and board psu and gpu are less than a year Everything has been running fine until recently when I noticed that when I updated my GPU driver some of the components failed to install and when I rebooted I got the BSOD I system restored back to a previous version and it booted okay so I went into safe mode done a driver sweeper and tried to reinstall Intermittent BSOD On Bootup nvlddmkm.sys again same problem I done the same proceedure and tried to get a different version of the driver in and im Intermittent BSOD On Bootup nvlddmkm.sys getting the same issue again so I'm thinking a possible hardware failure One other point I'd like to share is a few days ago my machine just turned itself off for no apparent reason and when I restarted Intermittent BSOD On Bootup nvlddmkm.sys it I could smell burning I dont know whether that is related but thought you should know Hope someone can help Dumps etc are attached Thanks for your help

A:Intermittent BSOD On Bootup nvlddmkm.sys

Hi F1aw1ess

(If your overclocking anything please set it back to factory settings)

That smell burning is not good.

First thing to do is to open the case and check all the hardware.

You may have a gpu fan burn.

Clean everything inside the case with air spray or blower.

Start the pc and check if all the fans work\spin.

If so far so good.

Then use the driver sweeper backup\restore and restore nvidia.

Then run this test http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-occt.html and post here the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186777-intermittent-bsod-bootup-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Win bit OS HP P - a computer A - APU with integrated Radeon HD D amp a HD graphics card GB ram x GBs I was prompted to update BSoD freeze on bootup then & safemode. my flashplayer which I did and then the driver for my graphics card so I did that too from the AMD support site using their automatic diagnostic program that I had downloaded but once I had rebooted after the download my computer went crazy Ive tried recovery to an earlier time No difference Then the BSoDs started and I couldn't boot into Windows without it BSoD then freeze on bootup & safemode. freezing at quot starting windows quot with the icon above it Ive tried safe mode and it worked the first time but now it freezes or hangs when it has loaded the files and says Please wait I waited for an hour hoping it could sort itself out Ive tried safe mode with network and command mode but they all freeze at the same place when the files have loaded When I was in safe mode I went to device manager and it said if I remember right that the inbuilt graphic driver needed updating but I had only just updated that one too Now I don't know what to do from here Any idea suggestions welcome PS Ive done a DPS test on the main hard drive and it came up OK

A:BSoD then freeze on bootup & safemode.

Hi redrooster01,

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382966-bsod-then-freeze-bootup-safemode.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have been having random BSODs, some related to something referred to as asmtxhci.sys and some other different ones. I am good with building PCs, but the software issues and BSOD's and such escape me. I really want to learn to fix these things, so i was wondering if i could get your help ill appreciate it. Im really trying to learn, so please tell me anything you need and ill be happy to provide it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383272-bsod-during-mundane-tasks-just-after-bootup.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everyone!

Hope you guys can help me! This has been ongoing for 1 year. Im finally sick and tired of it. I accidentally stumbled upon this forum and it looks promising! I get the BSOD randomly. Sometimes i'll let it boot up and not touch anything and BAM BSOD out of nowhere

Here is my Spec:
- Windows 7 Premium Home 64-bit from Ibuypower.com
- the original installed OS on the system? yes
- an OEM or full retail version? OEM
- What is the age of system (hardware)? 1 year (Bought in June )2011
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) reinstalled twice. the first day i booted up my new computer, i got the BSOD.

I attached the dump file and system health report

A:Help BSOD 1 -5 mins after bootup. Thank you in advance

Your crashes are attributed to Norton...

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
Please remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207442-help-bsod-1-5-mins-after-bootup-thank-you-advance.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a nasty virus on my desktop (I'm posting this from my laptop now) that I am trying to get rid of. However, it seems that there are a few key files that can't be removed while in normal mode. Every time I try and boot into safe mode (any of them) I get a BSOD with the stop code of 0X0000007B. Anyone know how to fix this, so I can get into safe mode and get rid of these files?

Relevancy 44.29%

ok so as topic title says i installed xp over vista, formatted the hd during it also and it installed fine but when it went to boot up, 2 seconds on the xp loading screen it bsod and does that over and over?

A:Just Installed Xp Sp3 Over Vista And Bsod On Bootup

What does the BSOD say like the STOP error Code and possible file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170395/just-installed-xp-sp3-over-vista-and-bsod-on-bootup/
Relevancy 44.29%

Asus notebook n56vz s4037v

When I boot the computer after it has been turned of for a while it runs like it should. Both the intel and the nvidia adapters are visible in the device manager and the fan doesn?t make a lot of noise. After say 5-10 mins I always get a BSOD, machine reboots, the fan starts running continuously and there is no signal anymore from the nvidia adapter. The system now, is completely stable though. To get the machine back to its "normal" running state, I have to leave it turned off for about 30 minutes.

The log was created in the unnormal state so there?s probably no info from the nvidia driver in it.

Thanks in advance

/Kristian

A:BSOD after bootup, error 0x0000009f

Welcome aboard.

There is no dump file in the uploaded zip! Configure windows to make dumps at crashes.
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Now search in C:\Windows\minidump manually. Upload the crash dumps.

Do some more things
► Clean Up Factory Bloatware
►Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259122-bsod-after-bootup-error-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello whenever I try to start my laptop right after the Starting Windows animation the blue screen appears and then says Windows has failed to start.

Attempted repairs do not work, it also cannot open in safe mode as the blue screen appears yet again.

It is no doubt a software issue I think as this occurred when Windows was installing updates then right after the restart the blue screen appeared.

I have warranty on it but would this be a likely scenario for that to be the answer to this problem.

Cheers

Relevancy 44.29%

I am running a Windows Enterprise x Dell and surely made the mistake of running RegClean a registry cleaner to try an fix a Bonjour error I was simply following intructions Long story short before I did anything to the registry I ran regedit and exported the registry out to my desktop After running the reg cleaner I rebooted to then get After bootup clean, right BSOD registry at greeting with After registry clean, BSOD right at bootup an almost immediate BSOD and then selected Windows Recovery to have Windows try to fix it to no avail So my problem is how can I get my backed up reg file imported into my registry do I can boot up again I run Microsoft backup on one external drive and Acronis on another to find the Acrinin tib file is corrupted I can't figure out a way to get Microsoft backup to get to the point of being able to restore a registry file from Few weeks ago either even though I see the backups on the backup drive via Console window Pleeeeeease help

A:After registry clean, BSOD right at bootup

.Reg files can be merged into the registry by simply double clicking them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156324-after-registry-clean-bsod-right-bootup.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Anyone who can solve this gets a pitcher of their favorite microbrew on me I've been having an increasing problem with getting BSoDs and now think it might be a virus I'll step through the sequence and let me apologize right now for at maybe BSoD virus bootup, infection? a the length of this posting I don't know what of this is relevant and what isn't I have a Dell Dimension that was stock and running with no problems until I downloaded Bioshock My ATI graphics card wouldn't run it so I got an MSI GTS GTS and then needed an upgraded power supply to run that so I got BSoD at bootup, maybe a virus infection? a PC Power amp Cooling watter I have McAfee Antivirus running and it's current now but I let the subscription lapse for several months so it's possible something got in in the meantime and has morphed itself so McAfee doesn't see it I've run complete system scans twice in the last week and found nothing Anyway for a short while after installing the new graphics card things ran okay except I'd get a notice from the ATI Catalyst Control Center that my ATI driver wasn't the right one or whatever but I was using the NVIDIA drivers so I ignored it Both the NVIDIA and ATI icons appeared in my systray I did try uninstalling the ATI and that was the first BSoD I got I went ahead and left it in and the system appeared to operate okay after clicking past the ATI warning message at least for awhile After a few weeks the system got more and more unstable locking up sometimes and BSoD others I was unable to install any Windows updates without getting the BSoD Then I tried Uninstalling some other unrelated software and got a BSoD I finally decided the MSI software was the culprit and uninstalled it then went to the NVIDIA website and installed their version of the drivers It seemed to get back to where the computer ran stably but I still couldn't install the Windows updates I started Windows in safe mode then uninstalled the ATI driver and this time the uninstall was a success It no longer appears in my systray but now I get the BSoD at the end of every boot up right about the same time I used to get the ATI warning message Here's why I think it might be a virus if I enter safe mode through F I get a keyboard failure like it's being disabled I was able to get into msconfig during a regular boot up and change the boot ini file to safeboot before getting the usual BSoD so now I'm in safe mode with keyboard but have no internet Is this normal I'm posting this thread from my laptop btw I was able to get HiJackThis using my laptop and copying it to the desktop with my thumbdrive So the HJT log is below I see there are still some references to ATI in it but have no idea if that matters Again sorry for the long posting but hopefully it at least has something useful in it Ask for clarification on anything I didn't cover Thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft c... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bsod-at-bootup-maybe-a-virus-infection-304076.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I've been getting both of these issues recently... I run on Windows 7. Could anyone help me out?

A:Freeze on bootup, Recovery BSOD

Please follow the http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html, and we will take a look.

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-on-bootup-recovery-bsod-679777.html
Relevancy 44.29%

A couple of months ago I installed approximately Lenovo ThinkCentre B desktops running Win Pro x into our offices They were all imaged from a known-good image After a few weeks Bootup During 0x7E BSOD Periodic a small number have started experiencing the x E BSOD during bootup The error flashes long enough to prepare the Periodic BSOD 0x7E During Bootup dump file and then automatically reboots only to crash again I can boot the station into Safe Mode without issue and then when I reboot the system comes up normally All is well for a couple of days and then the problem returns I have seen some reports of the x E being caused by USB video devices but these desktop stations do not have any video source other than onboard video USB devices include the usual mouse and keyboard and some also have a Star Micronics receipt printer and Honeywell barcode scanner I have seen other reports suggest that Avast Antivirus could be to blame but that is not installed on these stations I have also come across two pages on the Microsoft Support site that talk about this stop error https support microsoft com en-us kb and https support microsoft com en-us kb Each has a hotfix available for download but the filenames are different and I do not know which one to apply I have one such station just down the hall so I can grab any necessary files fairly easily Thanks in advance for the assist Don

A:Periodic BSOD 0x7E During Bootup

Hi -
Bugcheck 0x7e = thread threw an exception.  The exception error code is in P1 (1st number of the 4 inside the parenthesis after 0x7e).  Usually, it is 0xc5 - memory access violation.

If the BSODs are software related, a 3rd party driver will likely be at fault and MAY be named on the blue screen and listed in the dump files.

Dumps + system files would be helpful.  Please follow these instructions -

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-crashes-kernel-debugging/68-blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-8-1-8-7-vista.html

Upload the resulting zip file(s) to OneDrive or other host and provide a link in your next post.

https://onedrive.live.com/

It is best that we work with just one system even though others have the same BSODs.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575965/periodic-bsod-0x7e-during-bootup/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Win bit OS HP P - a computer BSoD safemode. freeze on & then bootup A - APU with integrated Radeon HD D amp a HD graphics card GB ram BSoD then freeze on bootup & safemode. x GBs I was prompted to update my flashplayer which I did and then the driver for my graphics card so I did that too from the HP support site using their automatic diagnostic program BSoD then freeze on bootup & safemode. that I had downloaded but once I had rebooted after the download my computer went crazy Ive tried recovery to an earlier time No difference Then the BSoDs started and I couldn't boot into Windows without it freezing at quot starting windows quot with the icon above it Ive tried safe mode and it worked the first time but now it freezes or hangs when it has loaded the files and says Please wait I waited for an hour hoping it could sort itself out Ive tried safe mode with network and command mode but they all freeze at the same place when the files have loaded When I was in safe mode I went to device manager and it said if I remember right that the inbuilt graphic driver needed updating but I had only just updated that one too Now I don't know what to do from here Any idea suggestions welcome PS Ive done a DPS test on the main hard drive and it came up OK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382966-bsod-then-freeze-bootup-safemode.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am working on a pc that has a BSOD every single time I boot it up It will boot up so far and then will flash & rebooting BSOD on endless bootup the BSOD screen and then start BSOD on bootup & endless rebooting to reboot BSOD on bootup & endless rebooting again and just keeps looping like this There hasn t been any new hardware or software installed I have tried everything that I can think of but have yet to be able to solve this problem so any help would be greatly appreciated I thought perhaps it was bad ram so I ran Memtest and BSOD on bootup & endless rebooting some times it would pick up errors and sometimes it would not I decided to test each stick individually before buying new ram The old ram was some Ballistix Tracer ram from Crucial and I replaced it with the G Skill ram If I left any needed info out then let me know and I will post it Here are the specs of the machine and also a screenshot of the error message Again any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance Gigabyte motherboard GA-N SLI-DS BIOS version PG Processor Intel Core Duo E Nvidia Geforce GT mb PSU Silverstone W Model SST-ST F GB RAM Dual Channel G Skill -Pin DDR PC GB Seagate Barracuda nbsp

A:BSOD on bootup & endless rebooting

Run the free hard drive diagnostics utility from Seagate called Seatools on your drive. They used to have burnable ISO files to do this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-bootup-endless-rebooting.173063/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I recieved this blue screen when i turned it back on from sleepmode, please find attached the minidump.
Problem signature: Problem
Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA80063ACA00
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C518
BCP4: FFFFFA800476ABD0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD on bootup from sleep mode

092910-21840-01.dmp
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Stack: nt!, nt!, nt!, nt!, nt!, nt!, nt!, nt!
Caused by : usbaudio.sys (microsoft system file)

Update these old drivers:

SCDEmu.SYS Mon Jul 07 10:58:16 2008
PowerISO Virtual Drive

Rt64win7.sys Fri May 22 17:52:30 2009
Realtek 8136/8168/8169

ehdrv.sys Thu May 14 16:32:02 2009
eamon.sys Thu May 14 16:30:49 2009
epfwwfp.sys Thu May 14 16:12:55 2009
Epfwndis.sys Thu May 14 16:12:52 2009

Reinstall Eset with the latest version, or replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\092910-21840-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`00b9c500?
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (6 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16399.amd64fre.win7_gdr.090722-1835
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0300a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03247e50
System Uptime: 1 days 11:46:25.319
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80063aca00, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800476abd0}

Probably caused by : usbaudio.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa80063aca00, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c518, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800476abd0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'hiber_dumpfve' and 'spsys.sys' overlap

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IRP_ADDRESS: fffffa800476abd0

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa8003b6c040

DRIVER_OBJECT: fffffa8003b6dc30

IMAGE_NAME: usbaudio.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bcc07

MODULE_NAME: usbaudio

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88007f3c000 usbaudio

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030eae23 to fffff8000307bf00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c4c8 fffff800`030eae23 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`063aca00 fffff800`00b9c518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c4d0 fffff800`03087fa6 : fffff800`00b9c600 fffff800`00b9c600 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29330
fffff800`00b9c570 fffff800`03087326 : fffffa80`0421b508 fffffa80`0421b508 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66
fffff800`00b9c5e0 fffff800`03087e7e : 0000012b`da084304 fffff800`00b9cc58 00000000`007df7b8 fffff800`031f... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114506-bsod-bootup-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

After the window logo during bootup, BSOD appears.
I find out that if i disable my Nvidia Display driver (in Safe mode), i could restart and get into windows. After which i update to the latest driver and i enable it, BSOD appeared after the window logo again.
I have tried System Restore , but that is not working for me.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. SABERTOOTH 55i
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/21/09 21:14:01 Ver: 08.00.15
Total Memory: 4.00 GB
Usable: 3.99GB
HDD: WDC WD5000AADS-00S9B0 ATA Device
Sound Card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
Someone please help. Thanks in advance.

Attachment 231555

A:After Window Logo during bootup, BSOD Appear

You are getting the two most famous bug checks. 124 and 116.

Before anything else, please go through these threads:
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80053a1038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

---------

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a9163a0, fffff8800f3ae584, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+14b584 )

---------
Let us know what you've done

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252653-after-window-logo-during-bootup-bsod-appear.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok so I'll just get straight to the point here I just upgraded my Is FUBAR? IE8 Ram Or FUBAR? Is My OS from Windows XP to Win x Ultimate about a week ago and I am really impressed Is My Ram FUBAR? Or Is IE8 FUBAR? at how well my PC performs now It looks beautiful its more user friendly and it boots up and runs alot fast than my old XP configuration But then I started to become concerned when I saw that windows was using GB of my GB's of Ram percent of that being dedicated to Internet Explorer so I did some googling and discovered windows likes to use alot of ram but can release it when you decide to game and will dedicate most of your ram to gaming cool I thought no big deal Well today I noticed that my Internet Explorer was taking forever to load sites so I checked the Process Explorer to dicover that IE was using ALL My ram and adiitional Is My Ram FUBAR? Or Is IE8 FUBAR? GB's of Virtual ram WTF So I closed down IE and checked it again and it released about a gig of ram but was still using of my GB of RAM even though it wasnt even running So I rebooted and ran windows memory diagnostics before booting and it checked out logged in to check my RAM usuage and it was around so yeah I think Internet Explorer is FUBAR nad I'm just going to download FireFox now but I just wanted to post here and let you guys know about this issue maybe you guys can speculate as to the cause or how I can fix my IE Is My Ram FUBAR? Or Is IE8 FUBAR? Has anyone else ever experienced such a problem I know win can use upto GB of ram but COME ON have some mercy Don't start dipping into my VR when its not even necessary Free up some of that RAM IE you RAM hog

A:Is My Ram FUBAR? Or Is IE8 FUBAR?

Its probably not IE
Tools
Internet options
advanced
reset
Internet Explorer - Reset
Read how much ram now

So fubar must be like snafu (army talk) situation normal all oh well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/132761-my-ram-fubar-ie8-fubar.html
Relevancy 43.86%

ok, last week my desktop one night wouldn't go into screensaver, then the next day, after locking the pc, it would not respond to keyboard or mouse actions to get it out of sleep mode. I powered down the pc, and when I tried to power it back up there was no response. when powering on the pc, I don't hear the post beeps, I know the usb slots are getting power, and the hdd is spinning. I tried to boot with my windows cd, but again nothing. I have swapped the cmos battery, and video card, still with no success. I have narrowed it down to either the power supply or the mb/cpu. is there any way to test the mb for shorts other than a visual inspection?

A:fubar pc

Could be the Power Supply...that would the next thing to swap out for a known working one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fubar-pc.851102/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok, now I cant even load a web page other than this page that comes up whenever I click on IE.

Another pop-up comes on top of this page, and the status of the page shows that it is loading res://shdc??????flag.gif. The windows status icon on the upper right keeps showing the globe go round and round, but nothing is happening.

Type in another address and the same thing happens. My Yahoo IM connection seems ok, but IE is a no-go.

A:My IE just went FUBAR!

I'm working on my work pc now, but I'll try and save a HT log when I get home and post it on here (possibly tomm).

What a pain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-ie-just-went-fubar.273487/
Relevancy 43.86%

Good Afternoon First off I'd like to start off by 2.0 Fubar saying that I'm a computer tech for an insurance company tasked with fixing and repairing comuputers I used to be quite savvy at repairing systems but that was back Fubar 2.0 when viruses were much simpler than they are today That being said I was interested in signing up for the Academy so I can learn how to repair these systems for my business as it's imperative that I be able to do so for my job and also because the owner of the company has given me his wife's laptop to repair On preliminary scans with spybot I found and cleaned some viruses off the system in safe mode and then ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scans and found a very wide arrangement of viruses trojans worms malware and hijackers It's rediculous I do know there's a rootkit and a virus which is disabling security settings and management I read the forum part regarding the required documents but again things wouldn't be that simple When running either scan the system freezes - with GMER v It lockes up and hits me with quot gmer exe has stopped working quot error before it gets half way through the scan best as I can see DDS makes it about the way through before freezing up and locking the entire computer up This is all within Safe Mode - if I try to boot the system out of Safe Mode it's pandamonium As this is my bosses computer I would really like to fix this so any suggestions and assistance would be excellent Its installed with Windows Vista SP and far Fubar 2.0 as I can tell there's no torrents shareware programs or the such nor illegal software However this isn't a computer that I myself mannage Thanks in advance for your patience in assisting me with this problem If there's a chance to join the school I would be greatly appreciative as my backgroung includes much training in network security and system administration and I'm also a C VBasic SQL programmer I'll keep an eye for further instructions on how we can get the system into a position to where I can get you those logs This should be a real challenge for you guys

A:Fubar 2.0

Hi
I'm nasdaq

Please run these tools on the infected computer.
Run them in the order listed.

Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
There are 3 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.

rkill.exe
rkill.com
rkill.scr

===

Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop.

Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post.

Submit the log for my review.

Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/fubar-2-0-a-563540.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I rebooted my Toshiba Tecra laptop with a new Windows Xp SP included dvd and proceeded to install the correct drivers Everything was going swimmingly until XP decided to lock me out of my account and start asking for a password where none was imputed I then started in no fail mode and corrected this issue but when I came back to my account the wifi card and soundmax drivers started going awry Windows detects theses drivers XP FUBAR'd SP3 and says they are working properly it's XP SP3 FUBAR'd more like XP SP3 FUBAR'd suddenly I did not have XP SP3 FUBAR'd speakers or a wifi card Before all of this I had installed McAffee because the reason for my reboot was total virus hijack McAffee keeps telling me on startup that internet explorer busted it's buffer even thought I am not connected to the net sometimes twice in a row Windows also reverted to quot classic quot look like we had in Windows gray squared windows and taskbar There is no apparent way to revert to modern look the option not being available in the settings I know all these problems look completely unrelated but they all happened at once I feel completely out of my league Here are some specs Win XP SP running on an Toshiba Tecra A standard parts Sound Max driver may be an issue Intel PRO wireless McAffee found a quot Generic PuP quot that was no significant threat Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-sp3-fubard-483760.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey folks alright one of my computers has become FUBAR maybe someone can get their head around this Alright lately one of the circuit breakers has been shutting off coincidentally its the same breaker that also FUBAR gone has PC controls the power to the room where my pc s are located Enough of this Now ever since it went off the first time my athalon has been going crazy At first I would boot it up it would run then just shut off reboot after Min s - Hours Now it got to the point it would shot off more frequently and eventually then wouldn t turn on So as at first I though the power chord is loose or something so PC has gone FUBAR I played with that took it out switch the plugs switched the chords and it would work after a couple tries After - times of it shutting off PC has gone FUBAR I got sick of it then when rebooting I popped in my windows cd formated C and reinstalled windows So after I did this the system turned on and was fully operable for a few days then the breaker went again and the same problems started occurring so i reinstalled and the breaker went out after a few days After the latest breaker problem the pc just would not turn on and I tried EVERYTHING So I ended up shorting the CMOS pulling the jumper and voila it up an running first try Now when it boots up it goes straight to Bios setup and says replace jumper so I do then the pc runs for minutes then shuts off then when I reboot it reboots when i get tot he quot loading windows xp quot screen I am required to pull the jumper back out then have it start properly Thinking ill be smart I remove the jumper completely instead of pulling it out every time and all it does is goto the bios i save an exit and it loops right back giving me the same quot put the jumper back in quot message Is there anyhtign I can do to avoid pull jumpers and reinstalling windows all the time thanks for your suggestion sorry for the long long story but I want to give you all the info Cheers Mike nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Tom administrator on TOM-PC on - - Running from C Users Tom Downloads Loaded Profiles Tom Available profiles Tom Platform Windows Vista TM Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AMD C Windows System atiesrxx FUBAR My exe My FUBAR Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SLsvc exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe AMD C Program Files x AMD RAIDXpert bin RAIDXpertService exe C Program Files x AMD RAIDXpert bin RAIDXpert exe DEVGURU Co LTD C Program Files SAMSUNG USB Drivers escape conn ss conn service exe Avast Software C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ng vbox AvastVBoxSVC exe AVAST Software C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ng ngservice exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastui exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe ATI Technologies Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe IObit C Program Files x IObit IObit Uninstaller UninstallMonitor exe C Windows SysWOW WinMsgBalloonServer exe C Windows SysWOW WinMsgBalloonClient exe Promise Technology INC C Windows SysWOW BeepApp exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run Windows Defender gt C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run HDAudDeck gt C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe - - VIA HKLM-x Run StartCCC gt C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run AvastUI exe gt C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe - - Avast Software s r o HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKU S- - - - - - - MountPoints bed - de - e -a fb- e d - J LaunchU exe -a HKU S- - - - - - - MountPoints b d - f - e - e- e d - J VZW Software upgrade assistant exe HKU S- - - - - - - Control Panel Desktop SCRNSAVE EXE - gt C Windows system Aurora scr - - Microsoft Corporation ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers avast - gt B -C - CF- - CC F gt C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashShA dll - - Avast Software s r o ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB ED -A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Tom AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB EDA-A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Tom AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB EDB-A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Tom AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB EDC-A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Tom AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x DropboxExt - gt FB ED -A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Tom AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x DropboxExt - gt FB EDA-A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Tom AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x DropboxExt - gt FB EDB-A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Tom AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - -... Read more

A:My FUBAR

Additional scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 14-05-2015 01
Ran by Tom at 2015-05-14 13:19:28
Running from C:\Users\Tom\Downloads
Boot Mode: Normal
==========================================================

==================== Accounts: =============================

Administrator (S-1-5-21-3455538325-3860738269-3256896585-500 - Administrator - Disabled)
Guest (S-1-5-21-3455538325-3860738269-3256896585-501 - Limited - Disabled)
Tom (S-1-5-21-3455538325-3860738269-3256896585-1000 - Administrator - Enabled) => C:\Users\Tom

==================== Security Center ========================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, it will be removed.)

AV: avast! Antivirus (Enabled - Up to date) {17AD7D40-BA12-9C46-7131-94903A54AD8B}
AS: Windows Defender (Enabled - Up to date) {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
AS: avast! Antivirus (Enabled - Up to date) {ACCC9CA4-9C28-93C8-4B81-AFE241D3E736}

==================== Installed Programs ======================

(Only the adware programs with "hidden" flag could be added to the fixlist to unhide them. The adware programs should be uninstalled manually.)

Adobe AIR (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe AIR) (Version: 17.0.0.172 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Flash Player 17 ActiveX (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player ActiveX) (Version: 17.0.0.169 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player NPAPI) (Version: 17.0.0.169 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Reader X (10.1.14) (HKLM-x32\...\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AA1000000001}) (Version: 10.1.14 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1 (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Shockwave Player) (Version: 12.1.6.156 - Adobe Systems, Inc.)
ATI Catalyst Install Manager (HKLM\...\{1D7F8784-001D-38D6-DCC6-5174D250C811}) (Version: 3.0.732.0 - ATI Technologies, Inc.)
Avast Free Antivirus (HKLM-x32\...\avast) (Version: 10.2.2218 - AVAST Software)
ccc-core-static (x32 Version: 2009.0614.2131.36800 - ATI) Hidden
CCleaner (HKLM\...\CCleaner) (Version: 5.05 - Piriform)
Cisco Connect (HKLM-x32\...\Cisco Connect) (Version: 1.3.11069.2 - Cisco Consumer Products LLC)
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0020-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}) (Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation)
CPUID CPU-Z 1.56 (HKLM\...\CPUID CPU-Z_is1) (Version: - )
Diagnostic Utility (HKLM-x32\...\{7236672F-6430-439E-9B27-27EDEAF1D676}) (Version: 1.00.0000 - Realtek)
Dropbox (HKU\S-1-5-21-3455538325-3860738269-3256896585-1000\...\Dropbox) (Version: 2.6.24 - Dropbox, Inc.)
Google Chrome (HKLM-x32\...\Google Chrome) (Version: 42.0.2311.135 - Google Inc.)
Google Earth (HKLM-x32\...\{4D2A6330-2F8B-11E3-9C40-B8AC6F97B88E}) (Version: 7.1.2.2041 - Google)
Google Earth Pro (HKLM-x32\...\{44FC61F0-2F8A-11E3-8CAE-B8AC6F97B88E}) (Version: 7.1.2.2041 - Google)
Google Update Helper (x32 Version: 1.3.25.11 - Google Inc.) Hidden
Google Update Helper (x32 Version: 1.3.26.9 - Google Inc.) Hidden
Hauppauge TV Tuner Driver (x32 Version: 2.1.26057 - Hauppauge Computer Works) Hidden
IObit Uninstaller (HKLM-x32\...\IObitUninstall) (Version: 4.2.6.2 - IObit)
KeePass Password Safe 1.19b (HKLM-x32\...\KeePass Password Safe_is1) (Version: 1.19b - Dominik Reichl)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (HKLM\...\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1) (Version: - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (HKLM\...\{92FB6C44-E685-45AD-9B20-CADF4CABA132} - 1033) (Version: 4.5.51209 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003 (HKLM-x32\...\{90850409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}) (Version: 11.0.8173.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Silverlight (HKLM-x32\...\{89F4137D-6C26-4A84-BDB8-2E5A4BB71E00}) (Version: 5.1.40416.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x64 8.0.50727.4053 (HKLM\...\{B6E3757B-5E77-3915-866A-CCFC4B8D194C}) (Version: 8.0.50727.4053 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) - KB2467175 (HKLM\...\{aac9fcc4-dd9e-4add-901c-... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-fubar.213114/
Relevancy 43.86%

Following multiple BSOD issues on the Dell machine, I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate thinking it may fix the issue, but it came back immediately. Have only one dump log (attached).

I've swapped the power supply to a better 650w that I had laying around, but that didn't help either.

Help?

Thanks,
Burt

A:BSOD during bootup and regular PC use (varied circumstances)

Hello,

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so we can get all the files needed to assist you.

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351003-bsod-during-bootup-regular-pc-use-varied-circumstances.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Upon coming back home with my PC, I plugged everything in, checked the internal connections, and powered it up, only to have it blue screen moments after. Upon trying to boot it back up, it refused to pass BIOS twice, but on the third try, it worked. After that, I ran a Malwarebytes scan, which came back positive with 14 threats. It hasn't blue screened again, but I would like to know exactly what was causing this issue. (I don't know a thing about reading the .dmp files >~<)

A:BSOD few moments after bootup. Random intervals.

If it helps, the error message is "Stop: 0x0000007e

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358444-bsod-few-moments-after-bootup-random-intervals.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there I was wondering if people had any suggestions about the following problem I have I have a Dell Inspiron laptop couple of years old now and it has Windows XP Media Centre Edition installed on it I has been running perfectly fine all of this time until very recently I started it up and selected Windows XP on the boot loader I have dual boot installation with SUSE but I have not used this for at least a year and noticed something odd The initial bios screen at the beginning of bootup had vertical stripes down the page over the top of the dell logo When the windows XP loading logo appears I get similar striping After a few seconds the computer halts to the BSOD and gives the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error and halts I have managed to boot up into windows safe mode with no problem and interestingly the vertical stripes are not evident here Firstly I thought it might be a graphics card issue so I downloaded the latest drivers from NVIDIA and installed them in safe mode however this has not had any effect After this I have done a bit of research and ran MEMTEST and it flagged no errors I am running chkdsk f r now to see if there are any bad sectors on the drive I checked the partitions in windows safe mode and all are present and correct including the Linux partitions which are not visible to the Windows XP install After running chkdsk I am at a bit of a loss what to do next given that I don t believe it is a memory error I am not sure how to eliminate the possibility bootup - error on BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA message of it BSOD on bootup - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message being a graphics card problem given that my understanding is that video driver in Safe Mode is through software and BSOD on bootup - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message not through the onboard GPU Any body have any ideas how I could test a laptop video card for faults I am going to rerun MEMTEST overnight just to give a bigger scan to be doubly sure it is not the memory Otherwise I am thoroughly stumped about what to next to recover the computer The system details are as follows Dell Inspirion laptop Intel Core GHz processor GB RAM GB HDD GeForce Go GS Video Card screen with x resolution Any help would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Ed Morris nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there I was wondering if people had any suggestions about the following problem I have I have a Dell Inspiron laptop couple of years old now and it has Windows XP Media Centre Edition installed on it I has been running perfectly fine all of this time until very recently I started it up and selected Windows XP - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message bootup BSOD on on BSOD on bootup - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message the boot loader I have dual boot installation with SUSE but I have not used this for at least a year and noticed something odd The initial BSOD on bootup - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message bios screen at the beginning of BSOD on bootup - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message bootup had vertical stripes down the page over the top of the dell logo When the windows XP loading logo appears I get similar striping After a few seconds the computer halts to the BSOD and gives the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error and halts I have managed to boot up into windows safe mode with no problem and interestingly the vertical stripes are not evident here Firstly I thought it might be a graphics card issue so I downloaded the latest drivers from NVIDIA and installed them in safe mode however this has not had any effect After this I have done a bit of research and ran MEMTEST and it flagged no errors I am running chkdsk f r now to see if there are any bad sectors on the drive I checked the partitions in windows safe mode and all are present and correct including the Linux partitions which are not visible to the Windows XP install After running chkdsk I am at a bit of a loss what to do next given that I don't believe it is a memory error I am not sure how to eliminate the possibility of it being a graphics card problem given that my understanding is that video driver in Safe Mode is through software and not through the onboard GPU Any body have any ideas how I could test a laptop video card for faults I am going to rerun MEMTEST overnight just to give a bigger scan to be doubly sure it is not the memory Otherwise I am thoroughly stumped about what to next to recover the computer The system details are as follows Dell Inspirion laptop Intel Core GHz processor GB RAM GB HDD GeForce Go GS Video Card '' screen with x resolution Any help would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Ed Morris

A:BSOD on bootup - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message

Go to the Device Manager and uninstall the Display Adapter. Reboot. Windows will load the default VGA driver. Now install the new nVidia driver and reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-on-bootup-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-error-message-405931.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am a new Variant Relating To Bug Smithfraud Bsod And Bootup joiner Smithfraud Bug Variant Relating To Bsod And Bootup and have problems with my XP Pro SP AMD it has been BSOD shutting down and the rebooting sometimes several times with the BSOD so far randomly and i can still boot up all the way to normal operation I did find an entry on SpyBot for Smithfrauc and it was not removed until I had scanned several times with Spybot and finally it said it was removed I have other issues including some imfections so i am not sure if i really do have the Smithfraud bug or somone disgused an attack using that file name So far I can still boot up but did find the link for the article posting on this bug and how to fix at http www bleepingcomputer com forums t problems-starting-your-computer-after-running-older-version-of-smitfraudfix I will not be doing the technical work as I don't know enough to do this and this machine and set up is my main test bed for game development and testing and has too many vaulable files for me to mess it up But I do want to try to understand enough to tell the tech I use what I need or what I think I need I live in a very small town in the mountains of Colorado and the options for help are limited the fellow who built my custom system for me is now the head tech at the phone company and does not return my calls and the next tech I tried did a quick clean with SypDoc and called it a day My other main sissue remains and also the BSOD shutting down thing the BSOD screen flashes by so quickly it is hard to catch the code but it looks like a HKey or registery warning it says this computer is being shut down to prevent damage So I am just posting in case anyone has had a partial case of teh SmithFraud Bug but was still able to eventually boot up normally sometiomes i have to go in to safe mode and then to the full system op Any comments most welcome I am technically at just above novice level frankly even tho i work with IT and CGI design and devel from a creative level So I will greatly appreciate any help I have my DXDIAG and specs if useful AMD bit XP SP ghz GB RAM GB HDrive etc etc

A:Smithfraud Bug Variant Relating To Bsod And Bootup

Hi CrisGer,As I explained here, there is no need for you to worry about the SmitFraudFix bug fix that you linked to above, as you haven't mentioned running SmitFraudFix or being unable to boot. BSOD's are a different issue and much easier to troublehoot.Altho a BSOD is mentioned, it is not the main problem, not being able to boot into windows is. The BSOD is just the start of it, probably because most systems are set to automatically restart when there is a serious error. That is to protect the system, but in the cases of the buggy SmitFraudFix it backfired. And BTW, the setting to reboot when a BSOD occurs can be changed, and makes it easier to troubleshoot as the error message will stay onscreen til you manually resart the system. See our mini-guide here.And FYI, other related mini-guides:How To Find Bsod Error MessagesHow To Use Event ViewerExcept for maybe disabling auto-restart, I don't suggest you try to troubleshoot the BSOD's for now. Looking at your other thread, your system is terribly infected and it is likely that they are caused by infections remaining on your system. We hope to get that taken care of in your HJT session that often clears up such BSOD's.Spybot just found some element of a Smitfraud infection (also known as Zlob) on your system. I believe you were calling an infection a bug, whereas we were calling a fault in the program a bug. It was just a matter of leaving out a single bracket character in the code that caused that problem.Since you have another thread on basically the same problem, I will be closing this one now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89698/smithfraud-bug-variant-relating-to-bsod-and-bootup/
Relevancy 43.86%

Happened about 20 seconds after logging in, no idea why, maybe it was something i downloaded? Ive run malwarebytes, MSSE, all clear

can someone help identify the problem?

Thanks in advance, you guys are lifesavers!

A:BSOD After bootup. No new hardware - Driver issue?

What about the network adapter issue? You did not responded there. I think you should have marked that one as solved before starting a new discussion.
Seemingly random BSOD - PFN list corrupt

This time it is a display issue. And the display driver is the latest, 340.52 WHQL.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take the 15 minutes benchmark test.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800b6b3010, fffff8800f5c193c, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+15393c )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800b6b3010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800f5c193c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+15393c
fffff880`0f5c193c 48ff256d6d7200 jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x87a6b0 (fffff880`0fce86b0)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`029c71c8 fffff880`10159134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0b6b3010 fffff880`0f5c193c 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`029c71d0 fffff880`10158e3e : fffff880`0f5c193c fffffa80`0b6b3010 fffffa80`0b60fa60 fffffa80`0a4c8410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`029c7210 fffff880`0f40ff13 : fffffa80`0b6b3010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b60fa60 fffffa80`0a4c8410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`029c7240 fffff880`0f43ded6 : fffffa80`ffffffff 00000000`0000523b fffff880`029c7390 00000000`00000005 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`029c7320 fffff880`0f423ce9 : fffffa80`0a4ea000 ffffffff`feced300 00000000`00000005 fffff880`0f55852a : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`029c7360 fffff880`0f426be7 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b606010 fffff8a0`09e05250 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::xWaitForAllEngines+0x1e9
fffff880`029c7460 fffff880`0f4252d8 : fffff8a0`09e05250 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a4ea000 00000004`00000005 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::SetupForBuildPagingBuffer+0xd7
fffff880`029c74a0 fffff880`0f42522e : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0a4ea000 fffff880`0f423b56 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnmapVideoApertureSegmentInternal+0x34
fffff880`029c7630 fffff880`0f42e77e : fffffa80`0a2cb930 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnmapVideoApertureSegment+0x13e
fffff880`029c76a0 fffff880`0f42e527 : fffff8a0`09e05250 00000000`00001000 fffffa80`0a2cb930 fffff8a0`09e05250 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::UnmapApertureRange+0x7a
fffff880... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/341527-bsod-after-bootup-no-new-hardware-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 43.86%

This is quite a descriptive post so hope it helps I had an old AMD which I upgraded about weeks ago to this new best all I didnt change was the hard drive and the graphics card had been on the Vista IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Solved: Bootup On AMD about weeks with no problems at all Not long hard to recall after Solved: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD On Vista Bootup I put new system together I started failing on bootup with the quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot error I ve looked up possible causes and tbh im at a dead end Cores are less than C GPU around C Ram was RMA d found faulty and new recieved but error still occured LAN disabled and still occured I can boot into safe mode not problems it seems afterwards if i try to boot into normal mode it usually not always works and the pc will work fine for the duration then when I am finished for the night and turn the pc off at the plug Solved: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD On Vista Bootup when I wake up and switch on it starts failing on bootup again Usually to get through I optimize BIOS or load fail-safe defaults go into safe mode restart normal and it loads Oh the PC can re-boot fine once on it seems like I have to turn off for a while the error occurs again Any ideas anyone I ve been told I should look at RAM latency and voltages in BIOS and input them manually but im not completely sure how and dont want to melt my PC heh I was also curious if the fact I can boot into safe mode mean that it s unlikely a hardware issue also that perhaps it s driver Solved: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD On Vista Bootup software related So if anyone could help I d much appreciate it Current System Intel Core Q GHZ OCZ mhz Platinum Ram Maxtor GB HDD BFG Geforce GTS mb GA-P - DSP Mobo Thermaltake watt PSU Running on Windows Vista Ultimate Based in UK nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I am working on a computer which always crashes when booting into normal windows. However, there is no issue when booting into safe mode. THE BSOD happens when the services are loading right at startup. Therefore, I am not able to run normal windows at all. I have ran the diagnostic utility and have included the dump files, but the information was obtained in safe mode. I used bluescreenview which displayed Page Fault in Nonpaged area with driver issue hal.dll. The system is an HP pavilion dm1 with an AMD E-350 processor. It has 4 gigs of memory, and I was able to run memtest (only 1 full pass) without any issues. Any ideas on what is causing the BSOD? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

A:BSOD on Bootup error 0x00000050 ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to SevenForums.

Perform a clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Make scans with the following:

-Kaspersky TDSSKillerAnti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
-ESET online scannerFree Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {fffff880914ef230, 1, fffffa80040942e6, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hpdskflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hpdskflt.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for win32k.sys -
Probably caused by : hpdskflt.sys ( hpdskflt+218f )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff880914ef230, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffffa80040942e6, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

Could not read faulting driver name

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ecb100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ecb1c0
fffff880914ef230 Nonpaged pool

FAULTING_IP:
+0
fffffa80`040942e6 f3aa rep stos byte ptr [rdi]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: FNPLicensingSe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800601b500 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800601b500)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=000000007a2cd600
rdx=000000000000002c rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffffa80040942e6 rsp=fffff8800601b698 rbp=fffffa8005336a48
r8=000000007a2cd600 r9=0000000000000001 r10=fffff8800b7bc630
r11=0000fffffffff000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
fffffa80`040942e6 f3aa rep ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281257-bsod-bootup-error-0x00000050-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i boot up my laptop and BSOD comes up titled recovery your pc couldn't start properly error 0xc0000001 BSOD bootup problem after multiple tries the operating system bootup problem BSOD error 0xc0000001 on your pc failed to start so it needs to be repaired error code xc you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media if you don't have any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administrator or pc manufacturer i have done some research into this problem and i found a lot of suggestions using the SHIFT F at the bootup when the windows logo appears on screen but that has not worked for me at all i have tried doing that several times but i had no success with it i have my original windows pro upgrade installation disc with me and i have tried the auto repair and refresh but they do not work also i am running the windows preview as well here is a link to my laptop's specs if needed HP Pavilion g - sa Notebook PC Product Specifications HP Support

A:bootup problem BSOD error 0xc0000001

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/30409-bootup-problem-bsod-error-0xc0000001.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am having an issue where when I first boot up Windows I get a BSOD After a few reboots sometimes - I can finally use during and BSOD on bootup system regular occasionally use my computer without it freezing up As long as I don't restart my laptop and just put it in sleep mode when I am done I can usually use it for a few days before it BSOD on system bootup and occasionally during regular use locks up and I get the BSOD again I have reinstalled various drivers including video LAN WiFi with no success in resolving this issue I also put an SSD in the laptop and tried starting out with a fresh copy of Windows a couple of times each time having an issue where after a few reboots Windows would completely freeze up and stop responding every time upon startup No error message or error screen would show up No error message or error screen would show up I gave up and put my old mechanical drive back in and decided to deal with a semi functional laptop rather than a useless one Thanks for your time

A:BSOD on system bootup and occasionally during regular use

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffff880018a48b1, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800cc87c30, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
tcpip!TcpCreateListener+41
fffff880`018a48b1 4c8b6718 mov r12,qword ptr [rdi+18h]

CONTEXT: fffff8800cc87c30 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800cc87c30)
rax=ffff00000d5577d0 rbx=fffffa80075b1a40 rcx=fffffa8007fd0e90
rdx=fffff8800cc886e0 rsi=fffff8800cc886e0 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880018a48b1 rsp=fffff8800cc88610 rbp=0000000080000001
r8=0000000000000000 r9=fffffa80088d3ff0 r10=0000000000000018
r11=fffff880019beff0 r12=fffff88001800000 r13=fffffa8007fd0e90
r14=0000000000000010 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010202
tcpip!TcpCreateListener+0x41:
fffff880`018a48b1 4c8b6718 mov r12,qword ptr [rdi+18h] ds:002b:00000000`00000018=????????????????
Resetting default scope

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: wmpnetwk.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff880018a48b1

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0cc88610 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : tcpip!TcpCreateListener+0x41

FOLLOWUP_IP:

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: tcpip!TcpCreateListener+41

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: tcpip

IMAGE_NAME: tcpip.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 506c552e

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800cc87c30 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_tcpip!TcpCreateListener+41

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_tcpip!TcpCreateListener+41

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffff880018a48b1, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800cc87c30, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck

Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:

CONTEXT: fffff8800cc87c30 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800cc87c30)
rax=ffff00000d5577d0 rbx=fffffa80075b1a40 rcx=fffffa8007fd0e90
rdx=fffff8800cc886e0 rsi=fffff8800cc886e0 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880018a48b1 rsp=fffff8800cc88610 rbp=000000008000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266864-bsod-system-bootup-occasionally-during-regular-use.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My daughter tried to start her laptop this morning to be confronted by a blue Recovery screen It looks decidedly like a BSOD but I could not follow the posting instructions for this forum because the laptop won't boot The message reads ---------------------------------------------- Your PC Device at code bootup, BSOD 0xc000000f error needs to BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors File WINDOWS system drivers N x C SymELAM sys Error code xc f You'll need to use recovery tools If you don't have any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your PC administrator or PC Device manufacturer Press Enter to try again Press F for Startup Settings Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings ---------------------------------------------- Pressing Esc does nothing Pressing F or Enter brings up the Startup Settings screen with options through to ranging from Enable debugging through to the various safe modes including with command prompt etc I have tried each of the options and they all take me back to the Recovery screen Now a bit about this laptop It is an ACER Aspire R series Model N WS It was purchased new in March this year It did not come with any start-up or recovery software It does not have a CD drive and only USB and USB ports for input My daughter needs it for school every day and although this laptop is pretty slow and keeps wanting to update on her it has been working properly until this morning She has not installed any software within the last few months The only changes to the system have been made by Windows with its incessant behind-the-scenes updating It has Norton Premier installed It is a brick at the moment If you could give me some direction to head I would be grateful

A:BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f

Can you boot it in safe mode?

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61782-bsod-bootup-error-code-0xc000000f.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I get this popup error about every 3 bootups of Windows XP. Whether I hit OK, CANCEL, or X it, it instantly kills XP to the old blue screen of death, where I have to hit my power button. I see no dangerous processes starting with windows in my startup folder or my registry. I have a very clean system. I can't understand this. It's quite annoying.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1wKiAr

A:winlogon.exe error on bootup ~ instant BSOD

Hi and Welcome.. .

Were you able to obtain any information off the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)? Or did the PC reboot and you lost the BSOD?

Have you looked at the Event Viewer for the actual recording of the event (BSOD)?

thanks. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winlogon-exe-error-on-bootup-instant-bsod-215903.html
Relevancy 43.86%

A few seconds after logging in, I receive a BSOD.

To make it easier, here is what the BSOD says each time:
http://i.imgur.com/JG1kO8t.png

I will attach the folder that the DM Log Collector created.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Every time I bootup and login, my computer gets a BSOD.

Hello killsights, welcome to the forum. I will try to help you with this. Every dump file I have looked at is the same thing.

Code:
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff80002e930cf}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpExpireEntryLru+17 )

Code:
SYMNETS
start end module name
fffff880`04200000 fffff880`04296000 SYMNETS T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: SYMNETS.SYS
Image path: SYMNETS.SYS
Image name: SYMNETS.SYS
Timestamp: Thu Feb 13 05:25:14 2014 (52FCAB9A)
CheckSum: 00098278
ImageSize: 00096000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
SYMNETS is your Symantec/ Norton NIS/ N360 Network Security driver and is a well known cause of BSODs. I suggest you uninstall your Norton product and use their removal tool https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/...rProfile_en_us
and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials (Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows) at least temporarily to see if the BSODs stop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364835-every-time-i-bootup-login-my-computer-gets-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I shut down normally last night, there have been no problems. Thsi morning when I logged in after a normal boot I had the "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" box sitting there on the desktop.
Here is the data it contained. I'm unsure If there is a problem or if this is an anomaly.
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1
BCP1: 0000000077AD6F9A
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 000000000000FFFE
BCP4: FFFFFA6004D3FCA0
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini012912-01.dmp
C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-99637-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2C8B.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Relevancy 43.86%

upon boot up of one of my systems i'm getting a BSOD saying

Stop: c0000218 {registry file failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file) \systemroot\system32\config\software or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent, or not writeable.

It then goes into a physical memory dump, finishes, but still same BSOD

i get the same error trying to get into safe mode .. when trying to reformat or repairing the hard drive using my xp install disc, i get a BSOD stating that the computer has been shut down to prevent any damages and to run a scandisk.

i don't know what to do right now .. i can't even reformat help please!

Relevancy 43.43%

Windows XP Intel Pentium GHz I am posting this from my laptop because my PC is seriously messed up A to FUBAR seems Computer be few days ago I got a nasty case of Adware and ran several antispyware programs to rid myself of them They included malwarebytes anti-malware and spybot S amp D Everything then appear Computer seems to be FUBAR normal until a Computer seems to be FUBAR few days later when the symptoms came back and they seem to have done irreperable damage The symptoms include popups of fake security center alerts audio ads web redirects and about everything you can think of I ran my anti-malware programs again and it looks like the adware is gone but I am not sure But the main reason I am here s that my computer has been much worse for wear now I am having difficulty simply starting it up and running IE Sometimes IE takes forever to load sometimes it only makes it to the desktop and sometimes it doesnt even load windows Every time this happens I must hit the power switch to restart it As I am seemly unable to start it properly I am unable to provide a HJT report log Is there a way for me to boot my PC in safe mode or something and copy HJT over via flashdrive and run it Thank you in advance for all help In case it is relevant that is how I have been shutting down my computer for the past several months ever since I installed a new video card I disconnected and reconnected several plugs and cabels seemingly in the same spots however my PC lost the ability to shut down and simply rebooted itself each time I elected to hit the kill switch right before the reboot I don t know how relevant this is to my current problem or if it even is but it is slightly annoying as well Also I have a GB backup drive with much of my data stored on it for what it s worth I d rather not have to reformat or anything like that nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I have a brand new custom built PC that has been installed with XP Home SP c It has an internal modem for dialup I am having what seems to be an old FUBAR Dialup problem getting the quot Page cannot be displayed quot error when the dialup is intiated I can send amp receive email access Dialup FUBAR https amp ftp web sites but CANNOT access any HTTP page from either IE or Firefox The stupid thing is that it works perfectly when going out over a network connection Both browsers initiate the dialup connection perfectly but refuse to recognize it is even connected when being asked to browse an HTTP site I even bought an external USB modem to test the issue with but the problem remains I even tried setting up a dialup to a completely different ISP but with the same results I have also tried every Microsoft amp tech-forum fix regsvr cache clearing TCP IP resetting solution I can find posted anywhere and none have worked to solve the problem I refuse to pay Microsoft to solve the problem since they are the cause for it in the first place as a programmer using RAS I KNOW that their dialup handling has sucked from day one I have even updated to XP service pack to no avail I need an answer to this problem ASAP please It is annoying and aggravating for this to not work properly Thanks in advance for any help ITFreelancers

A:Dialup FUBAR

Did you setup your dialup using the Wizard?

Did you check Support from your Dialup ISP? They could have special requirements (my old dialup ISP did, and they talked me through step-by-step).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dialup-fubar-248776.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys...as the name implies, I'm a noob I'm running Windows XP SP2... So, the problem 'seems' started with the Ult. Defender desktop hijack...which quickly led to a slew of random popups over a day or two...my Norton wasn't up to date...I booted in SAFE mode to search the Web for a fix but after trying to download Webroot Spysweeper my system would repeatedly hang, forcing me to reboot...then, like magic, my DSL modem stopped being recognized on subsequent boots. (I'll see if the SP can help with this, who knows?) When I tried to install Kaspersky with AV, I got an erroneous message that the "Administrator" set prefs to restrict access...

So, I can't download a fix...and I can't install a fix... There MUST be some way to make headway here...

Help...Me...gasp...Please

A:System Is Fubar

Have you tried using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in "SAFE MODE" to return to a previous state before your problems began?If that does not work and since you cannot use your Internet, you are going to need access to another computer (family member, friend, etc) with an Internet connection.Please download the following programs and save to a USB stick or CD:? ATF Cleaner? SmitfraudFix by S!Ri? RogueRemover? HijackThis Installer. This is HijackThis 2.0.2 but it is an automatic setup version which will install HJT in the proper location if we need to use it. DO NOT fix anything with HijackThis unless advised.Be sure to print out the Smitfraudfix Instructions so you can follow along when we get to that part of the fix.Transfer all these programs directly to the Desktop of the infected computer <- (Important!) Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode". Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Double-click smitfraudfix.exe to start the tool.Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press Enter to delete infected files.Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.You will be prompted: "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry?" Answer Yes by typing Y and press Enter.The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. If a clean version is found, you will be prompted to replace wininet.dll.Answer Yes to the question "Replace infected file?" by typing Y and press Enter.A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process.If your computer does not restart automatically, please do it yourself manually (restart normally).A text file will appear onscreen with results from the cleaning process. It can also be found at the root of the system drive, C:\rapport.txt.Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates. When completed, close the update window.Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107513/system-is-fubar/
Relevancy 43.43%

I deleted a registry file due to an EmailSpy problem. Now my printer does not work. Spooler problem. I deleted the VxD file from the services folder. Any way to fix that? My computer repair option will only allow a restore.

Here is the malware thread:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic119122-15.html

A:Registry Fubar?

Try this.. Restart the computer and during the boot sequence press F8 untill you get to the boot options select last known good configuration. This should restore the registry. Post back if this does not work.Reference: Windows document: to restore the registry

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124517/registry-fubar/
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm about ready to start tearing my hair out Firefox kept crashing Nothing I tried worked So I used MozBackup and saved settings plugins and cookies Fully uninstalled Firefox then reinstalled FUBAR! ARG! Firefox Noticed after the reinstall that when I hit a page that has flash my cursor goes NUTS It flickers like mad Also I had a flash issue so I used Adobe's uninstaller then reinstalled ARG! Firefox FUBAR! Well flash doesn't work Uninstalled flash and Firefox again This time I had MozBackup only save cookies and bookmarks Reinstalled Firefox and even without flash installed the cursor still goes nuts on a page with flash The page will freeze Can't close the page open a new tab or use the back button Installing flash got me a couple popups Talk about 'greek' to me I'm at a loss as to what they mean Here's what they said install flash player exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point could not be locate in the dynamic link library C WINDOWS system mscms dll InstallFlashPlayer ARG! Firefox FUBAR! exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point H lt x G H lt V This is what Adobe reports when I check my version of flash YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION Your Flash Version Your browser name Firefox Your Operating System OS Windows Windows Should also note that a few hours before all this happened had a BSOD Don't know why just happened out of the blue When it came back up it reported drive errors So I did a scan repair of the system drive There is no issue in IE just Firefox OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte AC Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled

A:ARG! Firefox FUBAR!

Stupid Flash made me more BSODs than anything else with all the browsers. Once I caught it in the act red handed. While I had a page with a lot of flash opened it checked for update. Tried same thing few times and it happened again, every time. Changed to "never check for updates" and it never bothered me after that.
Btw, I use FF mostly.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/46337-arg-firefox-fubar.html
Relevancy 43.43%

When I ask my scanner to give me a preview, all I get in the preview window is snow - like television static. If I obtain a final scan, I still get the same thing. Any ideas?

Scanner UMAX
Op Sys WIN 98
USB connection

A:Scanner FUBAR

on your scanner there should be a lock and unlock switch usaully on the bottom or the back make sure it is on unlock

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanner-fubar.33961/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a yo laptop with a G Seagate HDD This past year it s been regularly getting bad sectors which prevent XP from starting up but I always manage to bring it back with CHKDSK R even Recovery Console I know a few tricks or WinXP repair install if needed Good sectors replace the bad sectors and I back up my data so I m not worried about any data loss Yesterday I got the telltale BSOD and XP wouldn t boot up but this time nothing I did would fix it Even trying to enter Recovery Console or do an XP repair install yields a BSOD It seems this time the HDD got bad sectors in a very crucial spot Is there anything I can do I have several boot CDs that might help Ultimate Boot CD UBCD Win Hiren s and some Linux-based ones They contain an arsenal of diagnostic repair and recovery programs one or more of which might help if you re familiar with these CDs Note UBCD Win won t boot up either--I get the BSOD--so forget about that one If you can help me solve HDD FUBAR, salvagable? or this one without saying quot just buy a new HDD quot you re definitely a computer ultra-guru Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

please refer to description txt for the log and a brief view of my case - I'm very sorry I couldn't post this as required by the forum but this is really a FUBAR case I also know I was supposed to put the files in a zip but wasn't able to upload that type of file from IBM's rescue and recovery system I've saved the files I wanted - wouldn't mind simply formatting the disk but I heard some of these things can survive that so here I am - thanks for the help this is the quot fishy quot event I mention A provider HiPerfCooker v has been registered in the WMI namespace Root WMI to use the LocalSystem account This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests and the next day A provider Rsop Planning Mode Provider FUBAR hijacked: has been registered in the WMI namespace root RSOP but did not specify the HostingModel property This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests Ensure that provider has been reviewed for hijacked: FUBAR security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality hijacked: FUBAR

A:hijacked: FUBAR

To update about my issues, it is almost an "all of the above" if you look at the last 2 weeks of posts in this forum: hijacked browser (google search, random adds and "security threat warnings", windows and antivirus/antispyware softwares can't update, combofix crashes, removed suspicious files keep coming back, network turns off out of the blue, seen 30 or 40 IE instances being created one after the other and than disappear... anyway, I have it all. Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/hijacked-fubar-334023.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay bought HP pavilion g laptop with AMD dual core processor and pre-loaded with Windows Computer! Fubar Really Tried to get used to layout and just do NOT like Windows I also wanted to dual-boot with Ubuntu Well appears I have deleted or whatever the MBR Okay what can I can do to get back to where I started from I want to install Windows and then dual-boot Ubuntu but not sure how I get there from here Ubuntu is installed as when I start-up the computer Ubuntu loads and I can do Really Fubar Computer! what I want within Ubuntu But also want Windows installed etc So need step-by-step hand-holding to get back to Windows installation of Windows I will Really Fubar Computer! then install Ubuntu for the dual-boot I want Sorry to Really Fubar Computer! be so long-winded but I am frustrated as hell Would not have bought new laptop but my old HP Pavilion dv is dying and needed to be replaced It is running Windows and Ubuntu in dual-boot with no problems And that is what I want to do with the new laptop

A:Really Fubar Computer!

Welcome to the forums.Do you have a legal copy of 7 to replace it with?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/278926-really-fubar-computer.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Win XP Home

I like to use s-video to put my computer on my tv. I've done it 100 times before, but today I was playing around with the resolution settings because I have a widescreen HDTV now, anyway, now my desktop is screwed up.

I thought the default was 800x600 but that makes everything retarded huge, so I switched to 1024x768, it's the only option that looks semi-normal, but everything is still a bit blurry.

Ive tried every option on this and cant fix it, how do I reset to default option in xp?

also tried system restore, didn't work for the last 2 points. worthless computer.

A:My display is fubar

for hdtv resolution is 1920?1080.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-display-is-fubar-200253.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I attempted to download fubar yesterday Fubar virus? and i think it might have caused some problems I accidentally accepted aol toolbar when installing--tried to go back and then exit installer but it was too late Fubar virus? I have disabl ed the toolbar Since then I ve been getting these pop up windows that say something like quot can t load skin quot and the title bar says quot otshot quot followed by one that says quot download your gmail contacts quot which I decline Also when I came home from school today my computer has been restarted Thanks in advance for your help Here are my logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Fubar virus? Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Fubar virus? C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files SearchProtect bin CltMngSvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files OtShot otshot exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Documents and Settings courtney Application Data SearchProtect bin cltmng exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Documents and Settings courtney Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com ctid CT M amp UP SP D - ADF- A -A D- EC FEC R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook uTorrentControl Toolbar - b - - a a- e - ee e - C Program Files uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll R - URLSearchHook KeyBar Toolbar - f f b - dae- fc-bfaf-f e af beca - C Program Files KeyBar prxtbKeyB dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO KeyBar - f f b - dae- fc-bfaf-f e af beca - C Program Files KeyBar prxtbKeyB dll O - BHO uTorrentControl - b - - a a- e - ee e - C Program Files uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Pro... Read more

Relevancy 43.43%

I recently contracted a My Fubar'd PC Trojan virus on my pc and download malwarebytes and microsoft Trojan Fubar'd My PC secuirty essentials All was looking good but on reboot after the cleaning I continually got this bsod on boot quot STOP C The program can t start because hs is missing quot I checked the google and saw the reference to consrv and checked the affected registry keys They looked like they should I also looked into frst and ran it for a log but need some assistance with it Thank you in advance Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run EKIJ StatusMonitor C Windows system spool DRIVERS x EKIJ MUI exe - - Eastman Kodak Company HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon - - CANON INC HKLM Run CanonSolutionMenu C Program Files x Canon SolutionMenu CNSLMAIN exe logon - - CANON INC HKLM Run MSC quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run EKIJ StatusMonitor C Windows system spool DRIVERS x EKIJ MUI exe - - Eastman Kodak Company HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run x HKU Owner Run AdobeBridge x HKU Owner Run Akamai NetSession Interface quot C Users Owner AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe quot - - Akamai Technologies Inc HKU Owner Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe - - SUPERAntiSpyware com Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer SubSystems Windows ATTENTION gt ZeroAccess Startup C Users Owner Start Menu Programs Startup AutorunsDisabled Services Whitelisted SASCORE quot C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE quot - - SUPERAntiSpyware com AdobeActiveFileMonitor C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated Akamai C program files x common files akamai netsession win f fccd dll - - Akamai Technologies Inc Amazon Download Agent C Program Files x Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderService exe - - Amazon com AOL TopSpeedMonitor C Program Files x Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe - - America Online Inc CarboniteService quot C Program Files x Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe quot - - Carbonite Inc www carbonite com IJPLMSVC C Program Files x Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE - - KodakSvc quot C Program Files x Kodak AiO center KodakSvc exe quot - - Eastman Kodak Company MsMpSvc quot C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation NisSrv quot C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation NTI IScheduleSvc C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe - - NewTech Infosystems Inc ptumlcmsvc C Windows system ptumlcmsvc exe - - DEVGURU Co LTD vseamps quot C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus vseamps exe quot x vsedsps quot C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus vsedsps exe quot x vseqrts quot C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus vseqrts exe quot x Drivers Whitelisted ASCTRM C Windows SysWow Drivers ASCTRM sys - - Windows reg DDK provider BCMH XX C Windows System DRIVERS bcmwlhigh sys - - Broadcom Corporation cxpl mhd C Windows System drivers y cx x sys - - Conexant Systems Inc PTUMLBUS C Windows System Drivers PTUMLBUS sys - - DEVGURU Co LTD PTUMLCVsp C Windows System Drivers PTUMLCVsp sys - - DEVGURU Co LTD www devguru co kr PTUMLMdm C Windows System Drivers PTUMLMdm sys - - DEVGURU Co LTD... Read more

A:Trojan Fubar'd My PC

Greetings And Welcome To The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
1 bxuvtfye; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bxuvtfye.sys [x]
1 gqsilmwj; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\gqsilmwj.sys [x]
1 mvjitznu; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mvjitznu.sys [x]
1 noncrhtv; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\noncrhtv.sys [x]
1 pjnmgrrl; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\pjnmgrrl.sys [x]
1 xkgkrypf; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\xkgkrypf.sys [x]
1 ykuqjoqn; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ykuqjoqn.sys [x]
SubSystems: [Windows] ATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options. Run FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Gringo[/b]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462301/trojan-fubard-my-pc/
Relevancy 43.43%

I made a video to best sum up the issues I'm having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNJrmyP8a0&feature=youtu.be

In addition, when I was playing Crysis 2 the other night, the audio had ALOT of static with it, but playing stuff like MP3's works fine. I'm running off the UX1 right now, but my PCI card is what I'd rather use. At least I can record via the PCI card's ASIO drivers, but still, it would be nice to not have to switch audio devices when I switch tasks.

Any advice you guys have would be great, cause right now I'm considering a reformat in a few weeks; with my array of audio software, that will be a severe pain

A:Everything is Fubar! I give up!

You might check the M-Audio site for updated drivers for your card.
As far as I know,line level outputs like you have should always be on.
That may be why you can't enable it.
It is probably controlled by the M-Audio software.
There should probably be an M-Audio control panel included with
the software included with that card.
Did you check that?
It may be taking exclusive control of some settings.
Also check the in game audio settings.
You may need to select the proper device there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-is-fubar-i-give-up.1031257/
Relevancy 43.43%

Greetings I have a GeForce GT in my system that I heavily suspect has died or is in the process of dying System specs Windows x AMD Athlon X Compaq OEM motherboard System was is a Compaq SR WM now MOBO CPU and case is all that remains of the stock system GB RAM W Rosewill PSU inch monitor run at x Anyways I went on vacation and left the tower on so I could remote access I came back after days and found the system was competely locked up and had artifacts all over reboot and I m now stuck in x in the windows basic theme and my device manager is throwing a Solved: Is FUBAR? my GPU code device reporting a problem power off for the night turn it on in the AM and now I Solved: Is my GPU FUBAR? have artifacts dots in a diagonal pattern on my BIOS splash screen and on the quot Starting Windows quot splash these are dots in vertical lines but then the artifacts disappear as windows actually begins and again stuck in Solved: Is my GPU FUBAR? x basic TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TAKEN SO FAR reboot and cold boot reinstall latest nVidia drivers from scratch system restore back to before I left for Vacation physically removed the card cleaned the connecters and blew all the dust out of my system and the device cooler fan nothing worked obviously I don t have a spare PCIx card for testing but I am convinced at this point mostly due to the BIOS splash artifacts that the card is kaput any one have any thoughts Follow up question if the card is dead anyone have any recommendations for a cheap-y close to preferably less replacement of approximate power to the GT I can t find any quot new quot or cards from reputable dealers so I was considering the GT Ti for from newegg will my PSU support that card or would that be too much load Should I find a different card I just need this machine to hold out for another year full replacement not a financial option at this point nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

This is my first time posting in these forums I currently own a Dell Studio Laptop Recently I downloaded a few image editing programs and I think a virus infected my laptop through one of these programs My laptop isn't without protection I currently have several System FUBAR anti-virus programs MacAffe Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials Once I noticed that my laptop had slowed down I System FUBAR ran Advanced Windows care Deep Clean It found a few spyware infections but no Malware However this didn't help I opened up my processes and noticed three running that had no description atieclxx exe csrss exe and winlogon exe when I tried to end the processes my system wouldn't allow me I ran VIPRE Rescue deep scan and that found nothing either And tonight while using my computer it shut down abruptly I restarted in safe mode and began to transfer files to a USB so I could just restore to factory image and it shutdown several times in the process I finally finished transfering the files and attempted to boot up to the Advanced Recovery I selected it and it began loading but when it reached the second loading page I got a System FUBAR BSOD which asked me to restart Now everytime I restart it brings me to the advanced recovery prompt even if I try to F to the safe mode prompt and if i choose the recovery option i get the same BSOD and if I try booting windows I get a brief flash of a BSOD and it restarts I am currently running ubuntu off a USB and am considering installing it over windows but if I could I would like to fix windows or restore to a factory image I realize this is a long story and I appreciate any help I can get Thanks JP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/system-fubar-588840.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently came across an old Dell Inspiron 1100. When I got to start it, it shows the dell screen then pops up a screen saying "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll. Please re-insert a copy of the above file." I don't have any CD's for this laptop just the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you need more information just ask.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-is-fubar-314811.html