Windows Support Forum

BIOS recovery of Dell Inspiron 1564

Q: BIOS recovery of Dell Inspiron 1564

hi anyone who can help me I just have a bios update failed because my computer hangs and as I reboot nothing appears and i guess my bios is corrupt how can I recover my bios pls help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BIOS recovery of Dell Inspiron 1564

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BIOS recovery of Dell Inspiron 1564

Take a look at this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/del.../468217-how-blind-flash-dell-1564-urgent.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-recovery-of-dell-inspiron-1564.173623/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi,

My laptop (Dell Inspiron 1564 - Windows 7 Home Premium) slowed down a few days ago and I decided to restore the system to Dell Factory Image. The process started but stopped more than halfway and gave the following message, "Failed to apply Image". I restarted the system but it would now not boot up, not even in safe mode! Perhaps, during the restore process few essential Windows files have been erased.

I want to restore the Dell Factory Image and cannot re-install Windows since I have lost the product key of my original Windows 7 installation DVD provided by Dell at the time of laptop purchase. Your help / advice is solicited and would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. System's Recovery Partition is intact and has factory.wim and other related directories / files intact.

A:Problems with Dell Factory Image Restore - Dell Inspiron 1564

The product key sticker on a Dell laptop is usually in the battery compartment.

Have you tried to run the Dell restore again? It won't boot because the restore started but failed so the "C" drive is corrupted.

If that does not work, suggest posting on the Dell forum where you can get help from those more familiar with Dell's.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/364798-problems-dell-factory-image-restore-dell-inspiron-1564-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello All,
I need help in finding the drivers for my new dell inspiron 1564 laptop.
I have degraded the OS from win 7 to WinXP(Changed to ATA)

Please any one has done this need links to download Video,Audio,Ethernet
drivers both for WinXP 32-bit and 64-bit processor (Intel Core i3)

Thanks in advance.

A:Dell Inspiron 1564

It's not going to easy if it is possible at all... You should have written down the driver name in the Windows 7 installation before reverting to XP. I tried doing this with a Vista laptop. There were no XP drivers for Ethernet and audio. So I reinstalled Vista. Windows 7 needs another chance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1564.146008/
Relevancy 92.02%

I need to reset the password in F2 and when windows start on my machine. I don't want to take this to Office Depot.

A:Dell Inspiron 1564

Help with passwords is not allowed by forum rules. Sorry but we are not going to be able to help you.
re: Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1564.991940/
Relevancy 92.02%

I have just bought Dell Inspiron 1564 and just reinstall operating system (windows 7 HP 64bit) , all drivers is cool except PCI Simple Communications Controller , i tried any solution but useless, I tried to reinstall driver but it notice like this pic below , any help is appreciated ! By the way how to run recovery partition ?

A:Dell inspiron 1564 !

have you grabbed all the drivers from dells website?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/60113-dell-inspiron-1564-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello I recently received a dell inspiron laptop that was having screen and fan issue s The screen issue was fixed by removing the fan and cleaning the filter which had 1564 Inspiron motherboard/bios half a cat in it This stopped the Inspiron 1564 motherboard/bios display going to white screen due to overheating however the fan problem still remained The fan would run at start up and run continuously To try to fix this i checked the dell website for a solution and found a BIOS upgrade that stated to address fan issue s with this model Inspiron 1564 motherboard/bios That s where the fun began Midway through the upgrade stopped but not before putting the original bios in back up another message came on screen to say that battery charging had been disabled that s when everything froze After some time mouse function came back and i tried restarting the laptop As it stands there are no light s with A C or battery the power button does nothing the only way to get life at the moment is to remove the battery hold end and plug in the a c then release end This start s the fan and the disk drive all other external connection s are receiving power but still no life from the power button lights or screen Iv e stripped it down and checked all connection s and there fine My main question is that if the motherboard was fried would the external connection s still receive power I have the attempted bios upgrade on a disk and when it is in the drive it keeps attempting to read it over and over it will not do this with any other disk Any help or suggestion s would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-1564-motherboard-bios.1087541/
Relevancy 90.73%

Greetings
First excuse me for my bad English
Please advice
I disassemble my laptop to clean the processor fan According to the instructions of dell support guide
I have assemble again ,but it didn't work
No signal
No lights
With battery and without
DEAD

Regards

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 dead

There is bound to be one of the interface connections that did not make good contacts. Trust me it is very difficult to make sure all interface connections are all properly seated in their connector.

I recently worked on a Notebook that had five separate boards inside and if any one of them was disconnected or wasn't properly seated, the machine would not boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1564-dead.188035/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi ,
Please someone respond. Dell experts if you are seeing this please respond I am in great need of help.
I am a owner of this dell laptop inspiron 1564 and service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> and its motherboard is damaged . I live in Mumbai India. And the dell sales point is not helping me fast enough to find a new motherboard. How do I order a new motherboard mind a new one and not refurbished one from dell a original one with guarantee and every thing and all legal docs. ?
Please someone respond. Dell experts if you are seeing this please respond I am in great need of help.

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 motherboard

vikashitb,
I cannot verify if the motherboard is new or refurbished. Below are the part numbers for the motherboards in your computer. Depending on your configuration. You will also need to call Dell Spare Parts Sales in India. The first number in the list below are the Dell Part Number. The sales number in India that I located is Sales: Call 1800-425-4026 / 080-2510-8026. You can click the link below for Dell phone numbers. 
Dell India 
F4G6H  PWA,PLN,OEM,NBK,UMA,1564  Motherboards  PWA Planar  Motherboard Assy,UMA,1564   
6T28N  ASSY,PWA,PLN,1G,DISCR,1564  Motherboards  Assembly, PWA Planar  Motherboard Assy,Discrete,Park-1G,1564 
4CCPK  PWA,PLN,NBK,DIS,1564  Motherboards  PWA Planar  Motherboard Assy,Discrete,M92-512M,1564  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991576
Relevancy 90.73%

hi , i have a problem with Video driver for
i not have a driven and i can't browse
Dell Inspiron 1564 proccesor I3
can you help me ?

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 video

Here is the video driver for your Laptop .. -=> Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/88840-dell-inspiron-1564-video.html
Relevancy 90.73%

HI, I have dell inspiron 1564 laptop which right click does not work at all. I tried many ways, restore to default, safe mode and so on but still could not fix it. Any help will be highly appericated.

adnan

A:Dell inspiron 1564 how do i fix right click

Welcome to Seven Forums Adnanmeer. The 1st step I would take would be to run the System File Checker

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Have you recently had any malware or virus issues? A good idea would be to run some scans just in case. The Free Malwarebytes is quite good if you don't already have it.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234234-dell-inspiron-1564-how-do-i-fix-right-click.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi. I've had my Dell laptop for about 8 months now and in recent weeks, my laptop gets incredibly hot. The fan is still going so that's not the problem. Sometimes it gets so hot it has to switch itself off. I can't watch a video or anything without it freezing and even the most basic use (ie using it for Word) causes it to heat up to extremely hot temps.
I see many people with this problem, but no solutions. Come on Dell, come forward and admit your product is defective and come up with a solution. Naturally, I don't expect a reponse from Dell, as they have the worst customer service in the world. But hopefully someone else can help me out?

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 Overheating

Hi, RCC89 . I want to apologize for my english beforehand, but i hope you understand.
Introduction:
I'm happy to reply on your post. I've seen it some weeks ago, when was searching a solution to the same problem. I've bought my inspiron 1564 in June and have been seeking for solution during 1 month (overheating began on 4th month, so you're lucky in this situation=)) and didn't find. I like to reinstall OSes very much, so when my laptop started overheating, freezing and shouting terrible sound, i thought that i've lost some necessary power management driver. The temperature of Graphic Processor reached 100 *C (!!!!!) while gaming and vga-out was extremely hot. So the problem needed to be solved as soon as possible to avoid system damage. As you see, there is no solution in the web. Finally i took my courage and decided to disassemble my laptop but i was disappointed by lack of manual how to do it (there is no manual in the WHOLE web) - i think it's because of novelty of model so people affraid of loosing warranty.
Solution:
Finally, i took my courage again and disassembled laptop. This way i 've seen thick layer of dust beetween fan and radiator (I've been surprised with this fact, because i love purity and used my laptop carefully). So, i removed this dust, assembled computer back and now i'm happy to say that everything works just fine.
WARNING: take my advice and don't disassemble it yourself . that's not so easy to get to the cooler as in other laptops. i've done a photoreport of my inspiron 1564 disassembling and i'll send it on your email if you mail me to <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy> Just note your name and that u're from dell community in the message please (i'm dell consumer just like you, so it's not an ad or commercial, but free simple human help)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19354245
Relevancy 89.87%

First of all I would like to sincerly thank Techspot memeber Richard for saving me the cost of a new computer with his posted solution to the closed thread Dell inspiron will not turn on I m was so impressed with Richard s solution that I was compelled to joing Techspot and post this thank you and my Dell 1564 turn on solution will not Inspiron comments I have never posted previously so I hope I m within Techspot protocol A few hours ago my Dell Inspiron would not turn on it appeared that no AC power was getting through the power switch my computer was dead I tried changing batteries using the power cord without a battery plugging the ac power cord in while holding the power button down I tired everything to no avail I went shopping online on my wife s laptop for a new machine On a whim I did an internet search on my Dell Inspiron will not turn on and got directed tp the Techspot thread which contained Richard s solution As Richard instructed I disassembled my failed laptop disconnected and then reconnected the touch pad plugged in the power cord hit the power button and bingo my laptop came on just like it has hundreds of times before This procedure took me about hours I have taken apart about half a dozen laptops over my computing years There is obviously a weakness in the Inspirons around the Sleep Hibernate functions and the mechanism when the laptop Dell Inspiron 1564 will not turn on solution is closed which triggers these functions The mechanism appears to be somehow tied into the touchpad So disconnecting and then reconnecting the touchpad resets the functions I just had a thought I wonder if disabling and then enabling the touchpad through the windows control panel would do the same thing as physically disconnecting and reconnecting the hardware It would be a lot easier and quicker fix then disecting a laptop Oh well hopefully it won t happen to me again so I will never know I ve diabled the sleep and Hibernate functions on my computer so hopefully It won t have another near death experience It will of course die naturally one day that much I know is true thanks again Richard for your solution and thank you Techspot for this forum nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 will not turn on solution

How would you get to the control panel to disable it if it won't turn on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1564-will-not-turn-on-solution.179813/
Relevancy 89.87%

friends,

i just bought a dell inspiron 1564 laptop without OS and installed windows xp pro sp2 on it. now i cant find any drivers for it . dell is only providing 7 drivers through their website. i have googled for many times and didnt find any.

any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

sumesh

A:[Request] Need XP driver for Dell Inspiron 1564

i got the drivers from various sites..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/request-need-xp-driver-for-dell-inspiron-1564.144749/
Relevancy 89.01%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1564 and I am trying to upgrade the memory to 8GB.  I bought two KTD-L3CL/4G.  It seems to meet all the specs, but when I try to install it I get a message from windows that it can't restart and needs to be repaired.  If I put the old memory back in, it works.  is there something special I have to do to upgrade this memory?  I thought you just shut down windows, pull the battery, unplug, the replace and start back up.....
If I look in Setup at the start, it shows 8GB memory.  The Kingston page says KTD-L3C/4G, no reference to the CL, just the C.  Is there a big difference?  I am using Windows 7 Home version.

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 8GB, Memory fails to upgrade

Below are the memory specs and configuration information on the Inspiron 1564.
Memory
The Inspiron™ 1564 system supports dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM with memory speeds of 1066 MHz. At 1066 MHz, this memory offers a significant increase of memory performance over previous platforms.

The memory solution is implemented in a dual-channel configuration, allowing the system to have twice the memory bandwidthwhile using the same memory technology.
Memory modules must be installed as a perfectly matched pair to take advantage of the dual-channel memory bus. If not a matched pair, the system's memory bus operates in a single-channel configuration.

Memory Configuration

Inspiron™ 1564 has two user-accessible SODIMM sockets, both slots can be accessed after removing the base cover. Basically, when both DIMM connectors are populated, the system has optimum dual-channel performance unless channels A and B have different amounts of memory.

Inspiron™ 1564 DIMM Configuration
Slot ASlot BTotal Memory

1024 MB
None
1024 MB
1024 MB
1024 MB
2048 MB
2048 MB
1024 MB
3072 MB
2048 MB
2048 MB
4096 MB
4096 MB
1024 MB
5120 MB
4096 MB
2048 MB
6144 MB
4096 MB
3072 MB
7168 MB
4096 MB
4096 MB
8192 MB

4 GB Memory Barrier
The Inspiron™ 1564 system supports a maximum of 8 GB of memory. The Windows® XP as well as 32-bit versions of Windows Vista can only use a maximum of 4 GB of address space. However, the amount of memory available to the operating system is less than 4 GB. Certain components within the computer require memory address space in the 4 GB range. Any memory address space reserved for these components cannot be used by the operating system.

NOTE:
This is a limitation of a 32-bit architecture: the system can only address 4 GB of allocated memory. Allocated memory is made up of physical RAM and any I/O space needed by devices. Normally this is not a problem, but when a system has 4 GB of physical memory, the memory addresses needed to map RAM overlap the space needed for the I/O devices. In this case the need for I/O space takes precedence, and the amount of RAM visible to the operating system is limited to 4 GB minus the I/O allocation.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number. Click my name in blue then on the next page click where it says send private message

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19680181
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi,
Everyone!

Please don't mind guys,this is my repeat complaint about web cam.
since i bought this lappy,web cam doesn't operate as it should,every time i have to
fiddle the lid multiple times until video starts streaming,and every time its shows
unsupported web cam,so i tried to update,uninstalled,installed different types of v ersion like,1.01.05,1.4o.35.2.00.46 uninstalled driver from device manager,update driver,still no luck.
Right now on 2.00.46 version of web cam,whenever i start web cam,this message appears on screen of web cam on video recording

FAILS TO START VIDEO RECORDING.THERE MAY BE PROBLEM WITH VIDEO CAPTURE
DEVICE OR AUDIO RECORDING DEVICE.

I'm really tired and worried about this problem,as i cannot video chat in skype.
it would be great if someone knows what causes this to malfunction from it.
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 Web Cam Central Malfunction (windows 7)

Hi Jackyshaikh,

I'm from DELL Social Media and Community Outreach team

Please follow the below the link and see if it resolves the issue.

Using and Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software | Dell
Do let me know if it helps.

Thank you
Dell_Nikhil

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213422-dell-inspiron-1564-web-cam-central-malfunction-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 89.01%

my Dell INSPIRON 1564 is only two month old. It has a problem that screen goes blank white while booting. This problem also occured 2-3 times when I was working on it. I re-loaded the video card drive supplied by Dell but problem remains unresolved. Dell support centre is not responding to the problem.
Will be thankful if some one suggest me the remedy/ solution for this problem.
 Raj

A:DELL INSPIRON 1564 , Screen goes white blank

I bought Inspiron 1564 around 6 months ago. The problem which I am having for the last 3-4 months is that the screen goes completely white when the laptop is powered ON or when watching videos on youtube, media player or switching screens too fast (b/w full screen and normal mode in a movie) or when Windows 7 asks for permission to execute any installation prog.
Firstly I thought it is a Windows related issue. I searched a lot of forums but no success. Updated Video Drivers from Intel, Dell to the latest time to time, but no result.
Couple of days ago, I realized that the screen goes white in the Setup menu (F2) as well, showing that it is hardware related. Occasionally, some lines appear on screen during Windows boot (like in case of VHS when video tape is too old).
I got some hope after reading above post. Can anyone help ? Specs are as under
Dell Inspiron 1564
Core i3
2 GB DDR3
15.4", 250GB, Webcam, HDMI
BIOS ver. A11 (Updated as of 8/18/2010)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19344918
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,
Eveyone as the title says.
Why does it takes too long to start web cam from web cam central,i have to adjust the screen lid multiple times,and always need to press
web cam portion.

I had removed the lid frame,to check the web cam,for looseness,but everything
looks normal.

I don't think this is hardware issue,could be software i guess,anyone knows what could be the cause?
your input is appreciated here.

Relevancy 88.15%

friends i need help i dont know about window ram i3 home 1564 4gb 7 500gb inspiron hd premium dell computer much i purchase this laptop dell inspiron 1564 window 7 home premium i3 4gb ram 500gb hd for some entertainment becase working in saudi arabia is very difficult place dell inspiron 1564 window 7 home premium i3 4gb ram 500gb hd to work as i told you that i dont know dell inspiron 1564 window 7 home premium i3 4gb ram 500gb hd much about computer to learn something i was playing with my machine in playing i formated all drive also deleted one partition which to called manufacturer reserved i have done this by inserting os intallation disc first i put cd in drive then shut down then start and select to boot disc then i played without thinking anything i delete i format and done every thing to understand what happen next and successfully installed os now after this insert driver and utilitis cd and installed all that things but after that this come to my knowledge that first i must installed system software which i could not find in cd so i gone to the dell website there it came to my knowledge that i must installed driver in this order so i again format and istalled os then tried to installed driver in this order as told order goes this way NSS notebook system software i found and installed chipset i found but confused which one to install because there is more than one video adapter i found network interface card NIC i did not found dell quickset i found audio adapter i found modem i found but confused more than one i tried one it says device not found wireless network card i found touch pad i found other device bluetooth etc i found so guys help me or join in my playing one more thing to tell you that when i first used to start after dell logo on the upper left corner of the screen it blink a led type light like i have power indicater on my machine only one blink clearly visible but now it blinks like proccesor indicater on my machine unknown time not clearly visible how many times it blinks now guys help me to make my computer as it was when i purchase or tell me that its not possible you can also go through dell website to know my system my system service tag is QTXL THANKS to be a part in my computer playing game

A:dell inspiron 1564 window 7 home premium i3 4gb ram 500gb hd

one more thing i did not make any system image

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/94911-dell-inspiron-1564-window-7-home-premium-i3-4gb-ram-500gb-hd.html
Relevancy 84.71%

So I got a Inspiron i Nice laptop for it s price Downloaded all the manuals made my recovery DVDs All was well in my world First thing I noticed Dell Boot UEFI Inspiron to Bios recovery 3537: is that there is no info in the manuals for tweaking the BIOS and since it is Inspiron 3537: Boot to Dell recovery UEFI Bios my first experience with a Inspiron 3537: Boot to Dell recovery UEFI Bios UEFI bios I was a bit disappointed Is there a manual available for it Next I upgraded ATI Drivers to I am an old user who always knew that updates were usually a good thing to do Got in Inspiron 3537: Boot to Dell recovery UEFI Bios the same problem as many others with PC screen not waking up from sleep Thought I would do a recovery from the disk but after trying various combinations Ctl F F F etc I couldn t find a way to boot in the Recovery console I did the recovery from my DVD and the laptop works fine Does anybody know how to add in UEFI bios a boot option to the Recovery partition I undersstand that I have to create a new boot option using quot Add boot option quot and the two options available are to boot to the st windows EFI or nd recovery partition but the path for the recovery efi file to be loaded is unknown you can t have access to the recovery partition to see the contents of it from windows Any suggestions

A:Inspiron 3537: Boot to Dell recovery UEFI Bios

Still haven't found a bios manual, but anyway. I found a combination of drivers for graphics that does work and allows sleep function without a glitch.
amd-catalyst-15.7-without-dotnet45-win8.1-64bit
Intel_Iris_15.36.21.64.4222
Uninstalled amd (complete), reboot, intall iris, reboot, install latest amd. Ati probably fixed the issue that did not allow wake from sleep. I downloaded them using amdautodetect utility and intel driver update utility.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19578364
Relevancy 79.98%

When i Turn On my laptop , it Shows "Operating System Not Found" ,But If I restart
( by ctrl+alt+del ) everything goes fine...whenever i shutdown my lap and then switching it on it boots slowly and shows "Operating System Not Found" ,But when i restart ,everything goes fine..

What is the problem?

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 "Operating System Not Found" Problem

Make sure the hard disk is properly inserted in the laptop and has not come loose. You will need a screwdriver to remove the hard disk panel to check. That would be the first thing to check. Post back after you have done so and we will provide further steps if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216186-dell-inspiron-1564-operating-system-not-found-problem.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi SEQUENCE of BEEP is first and then As i mention in the subject my Dell Inspiron is not Inspiron Make first 6 BEEPS. Turning Not then by BEEPS 1564 Please followed HELP!!! and Dell ON. 5 turning on When i push the power button it makes beep sound and no display means dark screen First it makes BEEPS and after - seconds it make another BEEPS sound and their is nothing display on screen I tried various methods to turn the display on but no one results i did the following steps to check or to make it turn on Here i mentioned Dell Inspiron 1564 Not Turning ON. Make 6 BEEPS first and then followed by 5 BEEPS. Please HELP!!! all Firstly i nbsp disconnect all the PERIPHERALS and take off the battery and then press and hold the power button for few seconds Then i run the LCD test to make sure that the LCD is working fine Yeah it s working fine because i saw the color bars Then run the nbsp Dell Inspiron 1564 Not Turning ON. Make 6 BEEPS first and then followed by 5 BEEPS. Please HELP!!! DIAGNOSTICS to check the other hardware but everything is working fine nbsp I tried these different ways but nothing happens Still my INSPIRON is off and making annoying beep sounds Please HELP ME

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 Not Turning ON. Make 6 BEEPS first and then followed by 5 BEEPS. Please HELP!!!

Hello Gitesh23,
6 beeps on an Inspiron 1564 indicate video card failure. However, 5 beeps on the system indicate CMOS battery failure. Hence in order to isolate the cause of failure, I would request you to try connecting an external monitor to the computer and check if that works.
You may also try re-seating the CMOS battery and check if the issue persists. Before performing the steps, read and follow the safety instructions in Dell Knowledge Base Article: "Precautionary Measures for Personal Safety". Remove all power sources including AC Adapter and Battery before you remove or re-install an item in your computer. Please see the service manual for instructions on how to re-seat the CMOS Battery: http://bit.ly/14fkggq
Please try the steps and write back with your findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19517741
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I ve a DELL INSPIRON ONE All-In-One PC purchased on th April I installed the Insider s Build of Windows x about months ago I wasn t satisfied with it s performance so I decided to reinstall Windows in it which came preinstalled as OEM when I purchased the PC But unfortunately for INSPIRON DELL DELL RECOVERY BOOTING. NOT BOOTUP RECOVERY ONE IMAGEX WORKING. 2020 AVAILABLE. NOT NOT IMAGE me the DELL BACKUP AND RECOVERY software which I discretely installed in it failed to apply the factory image with error somewhat stating quot DBAR failed to apply the image quot DELL INSPIRON ONE 2020 NOT BOOTING. IMAGEX IMAGE RECOVERY NOT WORKING. DELL BOOTUP RECOVERY NOT AVAILABLE. Also the Dell Backup and Recovery is not even available in the Bootup Recovery mode and not DELL INSPIRON ONE 2020 NOT BOOTING. IMAGEX IMAGE RECOVERY NOT WORKING. DELL BOOTUP RECOVERY NOT AVAILABLE. even if I press F or other function keys I googled and found methods to apply the image using ImageX tool in boot mode I put the hotfix KB actually the ImageX tool in my Pendrive and in the recovery mode I used Command Prompt and typed the follwing command j imagex apply f DELL Image PART EFI wim c where j is my pendrive f was the partition with wim image in it c was the OS path to be recovered It completed in just seconds But other websites stated that it would take around - minutes to complete applying the image I understood that something is fishy and I was right The PC didn t boot again Also the apllied image showed just somewhat mb of data but my hard disk named PBR Image was of around gb in size The swm files in it in nos were around gb each I looked another forum and that stated to format the C drive I did that and again applied the image Again it was the same that happened previously Another stated to set that partition as active but it was a GPT type formatted HDD I tried to install Windows using an ISO file and booted it from a bootable pendrive created by Rufus But after booting it stated the error xc somewhat stating winload efi not present or corrupted at windows sytem boot I downloaded the file from www filewatcher com and somehow managed to put the file by creating the same directory in c drive Still I got the same error I googled for the error and found some other ways but since I had already formatted my C drive I wasn t able to apply that method I even copied the quot Windows quot folder into the C drive from a partition named quot Boot quot using WindowsPE while booting from the software quot Windows Boot Genius quot even that didn t worked My HardDisk is currently of GPT type and I don t want to lose any of my precious data kept in other partitions I m not able to boot my PC from the last days I ve tried a lot of methods but none actually worked I ve even run out of solutions from the internet I live at a place where computer mechanics are barely available or those available do it but even format the whole HDD I don t want to use any paid softwares Someone please suggest a way to rectify this problem I m really worried about the data kept in other partitions coz I haven t even made a backup of those GB s of data My PC configuration is Product Name DELL INSPIRON ONE RAM GB DDR CPU intel core i Architecture x HDD TB WesternDigital DVD ROM YesUSB Yes Please provide a solution Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982364
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Everyone I have a very severe issue due to which my Dell Inspiron Laptop is in nbsp dead state since last one month I bought this Laptop in from UK Everything was ok until last month when first windows user login screen took extraordinary time to show up and then when I restarted my Laptop Windows refused to start hangs 1564 is on DELL Windows" Starting Inspiron "Setup Re-installation 7 Windows at giving me following Windows 7 Re-installation on DELL Inspiron 1564 hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows" nbsp error windows failed to start a recent hardware or nbsp software change might be a cause if windows files have been damage or configured incorrectly start up can help diagnosis and fix the problem if power was interpted during start up choose start window normally From Dell Windows Reinstallation DVD which came with the Laptop I made bootable USB as my optical drive does not work to reinstall windows but after quot window is loading files quot screen when I click on Reinstall windows link it stucks there like forever It just shows message quot Setup is Starting Windows quot I have waited for to hours but it does not proceed further Someone please tell me what could be the reason for this Thank in Advance nbsp

A:Windows 7 Re-installation on DELL Inspiron 1564 hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows"

HAMMI_SAIF,
Try going into the bios by starting the computer and tapping the F2 key. Once in the bios navigate to the Advanced tab and down to SATA Operation. Change the setting to ATA. Save the changes on exit. See if you can then install Windows. If so, you will need to go back in and change this back once Windows is installed.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19993292
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi guys My cousin has lost his disks that came with his Inspiron notebook pretty stupid of him but yeah now his pc is full of infections and runs worse then a pentium would run lol Anyways as the title says I am in major need of a Inspiron OEM disk which will have the windows bit OS inc drivers and software that came with the OEM such as McAfee Internet security and a few dell apps that come with it I am looking for the Australasia version if possible I tried the dell site and its useless hardly any drivers are available I think I found like or drivers and there is no way of getting the apps there wasn't even a recovery partition on the HDD but maybe that's because someone else mat of tried formatting his PC and deleted IDK but yeah I have no recovery options either and warranty finished in September last year So guys if anyone knows where I can score a bit windows Dell OEM it will save me a lot of (1564) 15 for Disk Inspiron Looking OEM time I have all the serials needed but cant find the oem and its making life hard I can always install a fresh copy but Looking for Inspiron 15 (1564) OEM Disk it wont come with the drivers or apps Looking for Inspiron 15 (1564) OEM Disk that came with it Thanks Huss

A:Looking for Inspiron 15 (1564) OEM Disk

There is no way of getting the DELL OEM disk except from DELL. ( You may get it from a friend who has the same laptop with the same Windows version, if you can find one.)

Contact Dell Technical Support with the service tag of the laptop and explain your problem. May be they will send the OEM reinstall disk free or charge a small fee, since they had already given the OEM disk at the time of purchase.

The OEM reinstall disk will have OEM activation embedded. So when you do a clean install you need not activate. But for this the OEM disk is tha same as the original retail Windows Media.( Forget about McAfeee - it is best to get rid of it)

DELL may not send you the drivers/application disk. I am sure all drivers will be available on their support site. Whatever DELL applications, those are not that great that one should yearn for them.

This is the first course of action I would recommend. Try it.

If only that is not possible, you can download the official version- the same version that came with the laptop - from here.

If the OEM activation is still present on the laptop, you can backit up and restore using the Advanced Tokens Manager from here after a clean install.

If for some reason it does not work ( inview of the past murky history of the laptop ) you may have to activate it using the COA Key on the sticker of the laptop. Activation by phone may be required.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/210718-looking-inspiron-15-1564-oem-disk.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Dear All,

I read the post below and would like to try figure out what is happing with my laptop, Inspiron 1564. As asked, the file is attached.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

? OS -Windows 7
? x64
? OEM version (Dell Inspirion 1564)
? Age of system (20 weeks)
? Age of OS installation - 20 weeks
? CPU - i5 M430
? Intel HD

My system crashes and looks like that it is because of my video driver, igpdkmd64

PAGE FAULT
STOP 0X50

is what I could see when it crashed last time.

Many thanks.

A:BSOD - Inspiron 1564

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Bugchecks vary between 0x50, 0x9F, 0x7E, and - the one that interests me particularly - 0x116. I'd start by reinstalling your graphics card drivers and see if it helps.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Tue Sep 21 21:14:17.157 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:53:52.328
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+56d24 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: thunderbird.ex
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff880`2237e4cc 00000000`00000000 fffff880`046ffd24 00000000`00000002
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Sep 20 19:02:45.248 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:34.419
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+56d24 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff880`261af62c 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0468dd24 00000000`00000002
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Sep 20 15:44:19.491 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:36:52.457
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HdAudio.sys
Probably caused by : HdAudio.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0725e3c0 fffff800`043f94d8 fffffa80`0640b780
Debug session time: Mon Sep 20 08:06:45.820 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:23:06.786
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HdAudio.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`07234e20 fffff800`00b9c4d8 fffffa80`0595f520
Debug session time: Sun Sep 19 16:22:22.990 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:35:22.956
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`07280a00 fffff800`00b9c4d8 fffffa80`0ae48860
Debug session time: Sun Sep 19 13:46:00.004 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:20:39.845
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`05ef7530 fffff800`00b9c4d8 fffffa80`062c04b0
Debug session time: Sun Sep 19 11:24:49.522 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 16:25:22.488
PROCESS_NAME: ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-inspiron-1564-a-516012.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi yesterday a tried to start this laptop and it didn t start Because it was not me the last who was using it I dont know if it was too much warm or if 1564 Inspiron won't boot it swithed off suddenly my father doesn t remember xD Symptoms The laptop turns on by AC or battery and Screen remains black Fan start running as normaly HDD starts spinning at the first moment but then it stop so it doesnt load the OS Power hdd and battery leds work as they should DVD and usb have power too Removing only one Inspiron 1564 won't boot RAM stick keeps the system as described above When both slots are free the mobo make beeps so it matches the beep code for RAM not detected Beeing on pushing the power button turns the laptop off inmediatly Would the problem be that both RAM sticks got bad I ve been thinking about trying with the stick of another laptop but Im scare about breaking the new one too Thank for your reply

A:Inspiron 1564 won't boot

Hi Sunnytours, it seems that your motherboard is fine, the problem is only with the display, maybe you should try pluggin a tv with a vga or hdmi cable.
If then you see everything fine on the tv or monitor...just buy another display and replace it yourself if you can, it's easier than you may think.
Best regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19641513
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi All,

I am having issue with my Inspiron 1564 which won't power ON.
When I connect the AC adaptor the charging LED comes up for couple of seconds and goes off. When I press the power button the power LED won't come up, nothing on screen and not even any sound of fan, but it seems the DVD drive is operational as I can open and close the try and I can see the light blinking on DVD drive panel.
Please suggest how to fix this and many thanks in advance.
Thank you

A:Inspiron 1564 won't power ON

Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules.  Unplug all external devices.
Verify that the LED on the AC adapter or DC cord is ON before you plug in the system end.  If it's not, the adapter is bad.
Once the adapter is verified, plug in the system end and try powering up.  If it will without the battery but not with it, the battery is bad and will need to be replaced.
If the system still won't power up on AC only with a good adapter and nothing else connected, the mainboard is bad;  given the age of the system, it's probably not worth the $300+ to replace the mainboard.  Start shopping for a new system.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985541
Relevancy 71.38%

Everything seems to be working OK having upgraded the laptop, however, I have lost the application which shows caps lock on/off on the screen. I believe the application is called 'quickset'. If I am right is there anywhere I can get hold of it to re-install it?

A:Inspiron 1564 upgraded to w10

Quickset is not compatible with Windows 10, so the drivers aren't there.  You might try installing the Windows 7 version and it "may" work, but not guaranteed, and not supported by Dell.  www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994371
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello , I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Home. I am trying to access the system BIOS and it has a red password log in screen. I tried to guess and enter several log in passwords including  the word DELL and none of them worked. I didn't want to enter too many wrong passwords because I didn't know if the system would lock me out. Can anyone help me by pass the BIOS log in password or some how disable it ? Thank You in advance.

A:Dell Inspiron 530 BIOS is locked with password requesting help to unlock BIOS

Hi WILSPEAK,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Request you to contact Dell team for the BIOS password either via DellTechCenter in Facebook or @DellCaresPRO on Twitter and they will be able to provide you a BIOS password once the ownership of the system is confirmed.
Do reach back for any query.
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682558
Relevancy 70.52%

I just received a Dell Inspiron Service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> (Showed on the label on the Base) when I connected to the support web and try to autodetect the unit give me an error and went to the Bios and I realized that the service tag information show blank.

How I can set the Service Tag on the motherboard?   I also realize that I can not change the boot order saying that the BIOS user psw has been set but never asked me to enter the psw like other dell laptops with the Bios Administrator psw set up.

Any help is appreciated, Patrick

A:Update the Service Tag on Inspiron 1564 .

It sounds like in some time or another the system board may have been replaced on the model and the original service tag may not have been inputted on the new board.  If you received the notebook with the BIOS password already set  I would have to suggest contacting the persons or business that you received the system from and asking them for the password.   
The following document might be of some help regarding the password. 
Dell technical support can help with issues like this but with a system that age, it would be a fee based call and they would ask you to verify that you were the original owner before they could help with the master password.  

TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981424
Relevancy 70.09%

I have the Dell Inspiron desktop with bit Vista and attempted to update the Dell NOT Vista DO Bit Inspiron BIOS 64 v1.0.7 518 UPGRADE BIOS BIOS to version last evening nbsp I closed all open programs disabled anti-virus and ran the BIOS update as administrator nbsp The update began and asked if I would like to update from version to and I clicked on the update button nbsp The BIOS flash began by deleting the previous BIOS and then attempted to install the new BIOS but produced nbsp an error message similar to quot error writing BIOS to block quot an the only option was to cancel the update nbsp I knew I did not have any BIOS installed at that point but my computer was still operating so I made an additional attempt to re-download the BIOS and re-install it nbsp No good it would not Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS even run now nbsp There was no turning back and no way to reinstall either the previous BIOS or the new one nbsp Eventually I tried to restart the computer and it would not start nbsp Dell is sending a tech next week to replace the motherboard on this otherwise great computer that is only about two months old DO NOT Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS upgrade the BIOS on a Inspiron with Bit Vista to version nbsp The upgrade does not work and will kill your motherboard Art

A:Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS

No it happened to me too.  Dell is replacing the motherboard under warranty but I was told somewhat firmly not to update the BIOS unless advised by a technican.  In my defense the BIOS update was listed as "recommended" under the download section for this unit on the Dell support website.
I would recommend to avoid two phone calls (over 40 minutes each) to tech support and several days waiting for a new motherboard, not to update the BIOS at this time.
Thankfully it is being covered under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19264970
Relevancy 68.37%

I just bought a Dell Inspiron.  I know very little about androids.  Dell keeps on wanting me to install/update a Dell recovery system.  Should I try to ignore this?  Will this cost me money after a trial period?  Thanks

A:Dell inspiron - Dell recovery system

Did you buy your Dell New?The recovery system is usually part of a Dell computer.It enables you to recover your operating system in the event of a crash. What does android have to do with your issue? Unless there is a specific page that tells you there will be a charge,I wouldn't think so ,unless they are wanting you to upload to the "Cloud". Can you be more specific?
What is your operating System?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582068/dell-inspiron-dell-recovery-system/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi
My mum has a dell inspiron 1520 laptop 1.80ghz dual core. she has 10gb recovery partition. She did not get recovery disks and her computer crashed. i have no idea how to acess the recovery partition. can any one tell me how to acess the partition?

cheers

A:DELL inspiron recovery

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=336966

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273497-dell-inspiron-recovery.html
Relevancy 66.65%

ok.. i purchased a laptop from a pawn shop..and for some odd reason i got the admin password needed in order to get to windows. any suggestions on what i should do to fix it?

A:dell inspiron bios pw

You got yourself a stolen laptop..

A Dell service contractor can remove the password but they probably require you to prove that you obtained that thing in a legit way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-bios-pw.31418/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I need to boot my DELL Inspiron 12500(PP02L) with a Bootable CD. However, everytime I'm booting, it straight goes and boots WinXP.

I don't even know how to get into the BIOS. I try pressing DEL or F1 as soon as the DELL screen comes, but no luck.

Pls help.

Relevancy 65.79%

So after installing Windows 10 I decided to update my drivers and one of them was the "BIOS Update" after a while the update stopped at "sending the update image to FW for verification" and it's stuck on 3%. I'm not a computer wizard so your help is appreciated. Also if you're wondering , I'm using the Dell Inspiron 3847.

A:Dell Inspiron BIOS Update

Bios updates require special installation and must be done alone. It cannot be done with other drivers. Bios updates should be done before updating to win 10 not after. Use caution updating bios since it can brick your computer. 
You should not be updating the drivers yourself. Go to Dell Drivers and downloads and let the scanner tell you what windows 10 drivers you need-- 
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-3847-desktop/diagnose 
Completely Shutdown the computer to get out of the hangup. Wait a minute and then turn it back on.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19962383
Relevancy 65.79%

hi, i am lost on how to by-pass my dell bios, i have erased all my hard drive as i was going to set up for grand kids- in the process i locked myself out

have tried about everything i can find

any help thanks in advance

A:Dell inspiron 9100 bios

read the FAQs in the mobile computing forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9100-bios.97596/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, just purchased a dell inspiron 660, it's great, and it boots up really fast, it's got an i5! I love it! Only problem is there are no bios options showing on startup. (Just the dell logo, and a rotating wheel, then it goes straight to the login screen)

I tap f2, and f12, but nothing happens, it just continues on to the login screen.

Maybe it's not a major problem but I always like to see if there are options I can change in the bios.

A:Dell Inspiron 660, No BIOS OPTIONS

Perhaps your method is incorrect.

Restart your computer.
At the first text on the screen or when the Dell logo appears, tap F2 until the message Entering Setup appears.
What is BIOS and How to Access it on a Dell Computer | Dell US

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58590-dell-inspiron-660-no-bios-options.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everyone I have DELL INSPIRON N I was using windows home basic bit os I wanted to change it to windows ultimate So I have inserted windows Installation disk into CD drive Then I went to through the installation and I chose the Custom as the installation type When the partition in not working DELL INSPIRON. BIOS page appeared I have formatted all the disks including C which BIOS not working in DELL INSPIRON. contains windows files Then I got GB unallocated space Then I split them in to partitions Then I have selected one partition to install the windows Then installation started Copying windows files succeeded Expanding Windows files is still be like that for minutes Then I got the error message like windows cannot install required files error code x And I thought it would be the installation disk problem But it works fine in other systems I tried several disks No use Also I got another problem when system boots I tried to enter into BIOS using F and F which was mentioned in screen But it did not enter into the BIOS Instead it goes to the installation I do not know what to do Help me to get rid of this Thanks in advance

A:BIOS not working in DELL INSPIRON.

I would suggest using a different DVD drive, or maybe copying the installation files to a USB stick (4gb or bigger) and performing a USB install.
The error 0x80070017 translates to "CRC Error" which means that the files that are being copied from the disk are not making it to the hard drive with the same structure, meaning that the "original" files on the disk are being modified/changed/corrupted while being copied to the "destination" location on your hard drive during the install.
This usually means either a bad DVD, or a read error on the DVD drive.
The easiest thing is to make a USB drive to install Window s7 (and it's WAY faster than DVD too!)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd535816.aspx
I hope this helps.

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/204299-bios-not-working-dell-inspiron.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Sirs,
  Pls can you help me with my sons laptop? he mistakenly put bios password and he cannot remember.
S/N:<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
Express service code: <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>
thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 15R Bios Password

You will need to call Dell with your ownership details.  If the system is out of warranty, have a credit card handy - the call won't be free of charge.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991961
Relevancy 65.79%

This is my second attempt to post this question the Inspiron Issue Recovery 15R DELL (5010) first has never made it out of moderation DELL Inspiron 15R (5010) Recovery Issue nbsp I hope someone here has some insight into what is going on with my Inspiron R Model and possibly some suggestions overcome this problem Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much information as possible I did perform a search for answers and unless I missed it I didn rsquo t find a similar problem nbsp At this point it is my opinion that DELL created a Recovery Partition on this DELL Inspiron 15R (5010) Recovery Issue Laptop that after a Recovery procedure is completed somehow points to loading the OS from one of their Servers or a device that is not available instead of my local Drive C the next and subsequent times my Laptop is restarted after the initial setup is completed nbsp Background I purchased this DELL Inspiron R new from DELL in and it came with Windows Home Premium Last year when the free Windows upgrade was available for this Laptop I decided to try it knowing that I would probably have an issue with the Bluetooth capability As it turns out Bluetooth partially worked but I lost the availability of my LAN card So I decided to use the Windows feature that allowed me to go back to Windows within the initial day period The rollback created numerous problems couldn rsquo t uninstall or update some programs some USB ports didn rsquo t work and other issues that I rsquo ve lived with but finally decided to restore my laptop using the Recovery DVD I created when I received the laptop from DELL I didn rsquo t restore from the partition because I wasn rsquo t sure if it had been corrupted during the Windows to and back to processes nbsp Recovery The recovery from my Recovery DVD seemed to go flawlessly It went through the recovery process restarted the laptop and Windows launched and I proceeded through the setup I checked the System Properties and Windows was activated Knowing that there would be lots of updates I ran Windows Update installed the first wave of updates clicked on the necessary restart the computer restarted the DELL Startup Screen displayed as expected and then the a failure dialog screen appeared I rsquo ve performed the Recovery about times with and without installing updates and it always goes through the Recovery restart and first time setup but whenever you restart the laptop or perform a shutdown power on sequence the same failure occurs I even created a new USB Recovery Stick from the current Recovery Partition and the same thing happens It is like a program that you rsquo ve loaded from DVD but when you try to change it it looks for some non-existent server somewhere nbsp The laptop is as I received it from DELL no hardware changes and no BIOS updates And after I perform a Recovery everything works perfectly until I restart or shutdown power on the laptop It is interesting that after the Recovery and it restarts the computer to launch and setup Windows the first time it goes through the DELL Startup Screen and launches Windows but the next time and all subsequent times it fails after the DELL Startup Screen displays and seems to complete nbsp When starting the laptop F Setup and F Boot Options take me to the expected menus but F has no effect and it just goes to the error screen nbsp I went into the BIOS and checked the list of boot devices and found it interesting that a Diskette was listed as st Priority so I changed st Priority to Hard Drive and moved Diskette to the lowest th priority but that didn rsquo t make any difference I even performed a BIOS reset to default settings but that didn rsquo t make any difference either It should be noted that the BIOS Version is A and I think A is available but everything worked fine before with A nbsp As an additional data point I decided to try to update Windows again to Windows even though I couldn rsquo t update my Windows to Windows SP I used the Windows Home -bit... Read more

A:DELL Inspiron 15R (5010) Recovery Issue

Upgrading the OS destroys the F8 quick restore option - if the partition is still there, it CAN still be used but you'll need to invoke it manually.
That said, the description is exactly what you'd see if your hard drive were failing.  Have you run a full diagnostic on the hard drive?
F12 at powerup - let the quick test run, and then boot to the 32-bit diagnostics and run a surface scan of the hard drive (this will take a couple of hours to complete).
To use the recovery partition where you cannot get in through F8, see
<<smsoftdev-solutions.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-restore-dell-factory-image-when.html>>
(it will work with Vista or Windows 7).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19977514
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a dell inspiron 1501 laptop running windows vista. I would like to format the hard drive and bring the computer back to its original condition. I do not have a copy of the operating system on a cd but there is a partition on the hard drive labeled "recovery" The manual I have tells me to hold down the <ctrl> and <F11> keys at boot up when I see www.dell.com appear. I have tried this several times but it does not work. Is there another way?

A:system recovery dell inspiron 1501

F8. See step 3.

http://support.dell.com/support/top...=us&l=en&s=dhs&docid=DSN_336966&isLegacy=true

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-recovery-dell-inspiron-1501.1088076/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all Ok dont know if this is the correct place to post this or if anyone can help but here goes I have a dell mini which got dropped and now has HDD issues This happened in july I tried recovering my files and it didn t work SO i put it in the cupboard and was going to send it away to recover my files but since it was a hardware fault the HDD inspiron Dell 1018 new using recovery mini thought of for physical recovery made me a little sick Anyway thought i d give it another go and luckly i have managed to recover all my files I dont care about my programs as it was fairly new and not much on there The netbook contains HDD with Partitions c OS d recoevery about gb The netbook doesn t have a cd dvd drive and instead uses a recovery partition I have brought the exact same HDD and am trying to image the drive but i am getting CRC errors My question is if i manage to image both the partitions and the recovery partition has no CRC erros then i should be able Dell inspiron mini 1018 recovery using new HDD to use the recovery to reset back Dell inspiron mini 1018 recovery using new HDD to factory settings on the new HDD Im using DriveImageXML to backup each partition but how would i loading them onto the new Dell inspiron mini 1018 recovery using new HDD HDD would i have to partition the drive first i guess it would have to match the same setup as the original DOes anyone have any experience in this or know where i could go to to find out

A:Dell inspiron mini 1018 recovery using new HDD

Just to clarify...

Computer dropped, files recovered (where are they stored now?), bought new HDD, can't clone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480455/dell-inspiron-mini-1018-recovery-using-new-hdd/
Relevancy 65.79%

So I cant email tech support, they don't support this product online, I can only call them!!! that's bad!

Anyway I cannot download the recovery and restore from the website, it says
"Download error The Dell Recovery & Restore application has failed to download. Please try the download again within 48 hours or contact Dell Technical Support "
I have tried several different browsers but always the same message, anyone else had this and how to overcome it??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983357
Relevancy 65.79%

I have made backup of default partition C of my Dell Inspiron 15 3521 on three DVDs. Then I resized the C partition Keeping C of 75GB and remaining into two new logical drives through an easeus Software. Now my OS (windows 8) is infected with viruses So, I want to recover the original OS . I pressed F8 but no vain. When I try to recover from DVDs an error occurred ‘0x4001100200001005’   after completion of two percent of dell recovery setup. Default drive (C partition) also contains hidden recovery partitions.
Please guide to solve the issue

A:Factory recovery on Dell Inspiron 15 3521

Hi mimran143,
I appreciate that you have made a copy of the system image. However it seems to be not working due to the changes in the partitions. As you rightly mentioned, you can try performing a PC restore (factory default settings) which is in build in the system. Follow the steps below.
You can restore the system to factory state by following the steps mentioned below in a Windows 8 system.
1. Plug in the AC adapter.
2. Point to the right hand corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar.
3. Click Settings.
4. Select ‘PC settings, In the PC settings window, select ‘General’.
5. Once “General is selected, on the right side scroll down to click on ‘Restart Now’ under Advanced settings’
6. In the next screen click on ‘Trouble shoot’.
7. Click the Dell Backup and Recovery icon.
8. The system restarts and comes back up, click ‘Next’ on the Dell Backup and Recovery Screen.
9. The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click ‘Next’ once this is done.
10. You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click Next.
11.You will be prompted to back up your files, if needed do so by selecting the option ‘Yes, backup my personal files’ (Make sure to have an external backup hard drive handy.) or select No, Erase my files.
12. The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted.
13. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows.
Note: Please backup your files before using the DVDs to recovery to factory state.
After this step in case issue persists Please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, I will see what best can be done.
Click on my username select start a private conversation and send me the details. Please refer to the link below where to locate the service tag or express service code.
http://dell.to/162b3za
Let me know about the progress.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19525016
Relevancy 65.79%

Hallo, auf meinem PC sind 4 Primäre Partitionen vorhanden:
1. OEM Partition (Boot)
2. Primäre Recovery Partition
3. Primäre Betriebssystem Partition (OS)
4. Erweiterte Partition enthält mehreren logischen Partitionen
Mein Betriebssystem ist zur Zeit Windows 7. Ich möchte dazu parallel Windows 10 installieren, wofür ich eine freie primäre Partition benötige.
Wenn ich die für mich nicht benötigte Recovery Partition lösche, um eine primäre Partition für die parallele Installation von Windows 10 freizumachen, startet anschließend Windows 7 nicht mehr.
Was muss ich machen, damit nach dem löschen der Recovery Partition Windows 7 weiterhin wie gewohnt von der Betriebssystem Partition startet?
Vielen Dank für Problem-Lösungs-Antworten.
wgoa

A:Dell Inspiron 660 Recovery Partition löschen

Diese USA-Forum ist nur Englisch. Stellen Sie Ihre Nachricht hier.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19680131
Relevancy 65.79%

I don't think I have any CDs. Would this computer come with a built in recovery console partition? On desktops with XP, I know you can press like F10 or something.. If this laptop has it, how do I access it? Thanks.

It model # 1100 by the way.

A:System recovery on Dell Inspiron laptop?

http://support.dell.com/support/top...cument?docid=62A668E1C3A0857AE040AE0AB8E12942

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-recovery-on-dell-inspiron-laptop.942649/
Relevancy 65.36%

Is it safe too just delete all my dell drivers before installing the new ones or should I back them up to D: first CLUELESS!

A:Reinstalling my drivers and utilities Dell 1564

What exactly are you trying to do with that computer?

If all the devices in that computer are working okay, and if the Device Manager shows there's no problem with any of its devices, there's no compelling need to update the drivers.

Is this your computer?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-my-drivers-and-utilities-dell-1564.984342/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,There's a bios update that has just been released for my laptop, i'm trying to install it but i get this error message : There isn't any ROM file in this directorythe bios version is A09the current one is A08So shall i install it throught USB flash or what shall i do exactly?thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994628
Relevancy 65.36%

im posting this on behalf of a mate.
His dell laptop wont get past the bios screen, it loads halfway through the dell bios logo and its frozen.

im pretty sure its a hardware problem but how am i supposed to know whats wrong?

The hard drive indicator light also cuts off but it cant be the hardrive can it? surely it would be able to get past bios screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1525-stuck-at-bios.932550/
Relevancy 65.36%
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello.I want to downgrade my BIOS because A12 causes me a very great problem.After I have A12, my laptop does not boot into a windows DVD and there is no option. If I change settings in BIOS by enabling LEGACY MODE and disabling UEFI mode, windows DVD boots but when setup begins and there is time to select partition for windows installation it tells me" This is GPT style partition and windows can not be installed on it.I tried googling and found a trick to go into CONSOL and CLEANED my hard drive then windows installed but the same problem occurs everytime I want to install windows. I have to format my hard drive everytime.Previously I was having A03 and it was working very good.Please tell me how to downgrade my BIOS so that my laptop runs in normal.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993584
Relevancy 65.36%

forcebios is the key command in DOS If you have been older version, Dell Inspiron BIOS 530 to struggling to restore your BIOS to an earlier version you will immediately realize how important this little command is You will need to use it after the exe after the c prompt in DOS to revert to an older BIOS It will look something like this when you enter it the exe is the name of the BIOS I found through Google C gt exe forcebios And this allows you to return to the older BIOS after you have created a Boot USB placed the BIOS exe on the USB inserted the USB and booted using F I love old Dell desktop PCs Especially the Vostro but an Inspiron recently gave me a real headache The most recent BIOS for the Inspiron BIOS has all sorts of bugs not least that it will forget BIOS CMOS settings giving CMOS checksum error and will need to have the time and date and boot order reset if someone switches BIOS to older version, Dell Inspiron 530 off the mains The only fix for me having renewed the CMOS battery and nbsp wiped the CMOS using the jumper to no avail was to restore an earlier BIOS I chose Having created the Boot USB following links on Google and having put the old BIOS on the BIOS to older version, Dell Inspiron 530 USB and pressed F at startup I ran the old BIOS But the DOS message I got was New BIOS to older version, Dell Inspiron 530 bios version is low ALL files removed This meant that I was trying to load an older BIOS and it wasn t going to allow me to do that After spending hours scanning the web I found an old long closed thread on this site with the magic command forcebios So I thought I d post this information to help others All you have to do to revert to an older bios is to download the older bios put it on a bootable usb and at the command prompt type NAMEOFOLDERBIOS exe forcebios

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985818
Relevancy 65.36%

Some time ago my Dell Inspiron developed BIOS Access Inspiron No to Need POST Dell on - a fault in that whilst in Windows the laptop would freeze up completely and required a hard No POST on Dell Inspiron - Need to Access BIOS shutdown I diagnosed the problem to a fault with the onboard Broadcom RJ network interface card I disabled the onboard NIC in the BIOS and all was well I recently needed to check a router LAN cable in a remote area so used my laptop My intention was to enable the NIC check the cable and then disable the NIC again Unfortunately having saved the information to enable the onboard NIC in the BIOS and rebooted the laptop will now not POST and I cannot access the BIOS to disable the NIC The laptop begins the normal start sequence but then hangs before the POST would start I know that if only I could disable the onboard NIC in the BIOS all would be returned to normal If anybody could help with information regarding accessing the BIOS in this situation I d be very grateful I ve even been to the extreme of dis-assembling the laptop and removing the rear RJ port from the motherboard in case it was a hardware problem - but I m afraid that didn t work Thanks in advance Cheers Mark nbsp

A:No POST on Dell Inspiron - Need to Access BIOS

Next stop, if you're that way inclined and if it is possible on that laptop, remove the network chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-post-on-dell-inspiron-need-to-access-bios.147665/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have DELL INSPIRON 13 7348 laptop and now its completely dead. my technician said that its a bios issue and need to rewrite the bios. But for that I need bios .ROM or .BIN file of this model. anybody can help for the same

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986504
Relevancy 65.36%

This thing has a password to enter the BIOS setup program.

I've taken the thing apart mostly, can't find anything.

How do you reset the password on this thing?

Thanks,

Nic

Relevancy 65.36%

hi 
i could not change any thing in setup configuration.
every thing is hidden and  i need to change SATA Operation to AHCI to install windows 7
please help me.
thanks

A:Dell inspiron 7520 bios problem

Hi mohamed.naguib
Thanks for writing to us.
Under the advance tab, using the keyboard down arrow highlight the SATA operation and change to the AHCI again using keyboard.
Could you let us know if you tried the same.
Provide us your system tag#, name and  email via private message,by clicking on my name in blue
and then select send a private message for records purpose.
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995030
Relevancy 65.36%

Dell Inspiron 8100 BIOS password
#HCJST01-595B

A:Need Dell Inspiron 8100 BIOS password

Contact Dell?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-dell-inspiron-8100-bios-password.89909/
Relevancy 65.36%

hi, i have a question, i have a dell inspiron 5555 runing win 10 and i received an update message about bios upgrade a12. is it safe to update? here are some details about the update:
File Format:Windows/DOS
File Name:5455A12.exe
Download Type:HTTP
File Size:6 MB
Format DescriptionThis file format consists of a BIOS executable file. The Universal (Windows/MS DOS) format can be used to install from Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000, NT, Windows 9X, Windows ME or a MS DOS environment.

there is no mentioning of windows 10...
so is it safe?

A:bios upgrade a12 dell inspiron 5555

Was it a program that you were running that gave you this message?  It all depends on where you got it from, if it was from Support Assist it most likely is okay, but just want to make sure that you are getting the right one and that it isn't some pop up that comes up on a website or something like that.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992989
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello all & RUSTAM,

My name is Jordan, an Account Manager in Toronto.

A year ago I set a password on my Inspiron 2200 and forgot it. Judging by the forums, you might get these requests frequently so I'm sorry if I'm just another person asking for help.

My SERVICE TAG is 7YGPW81-595B, I was wondering you would be able to email me my code or old pass. What bugs me is that I remember setting it to something simple like 1234 or 12345 or asdf. You might see that if its in the service tag. I tried for hours already.

My email is [email protected], or I'll be happy to give you my phone number via email.

Anyways, IF YOU ARE EVER IN TORONTO, I would like to buy you a drink or show you the town. Let me know. I hope you get this soon!

Thanks.

A:Dell Inspiron 2200 BIOS password

JordanR said:

SORRY WRONG THREAD, I will post this in Mobile computing.Click to expand...

Actually, this is the correct and only thread to post these requests:
HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - July 2008)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-2200-bios-password.108988/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi can any one help!!! I need to reset the system administrator password of my dell inspiron 9400 laptop. if anybody can help me locate the eeprom on the system board.

A:Dell inspiron 9400 bios reset

Have you ever heard of removing the CMOS battery and leave it for few hours?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9400-bios-reset.93716/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys!. as topic says. 
My son put a BIOS password and he forgot the very same day, i've had this laptop for a long time, and i doubt i still have my warranty

is there anyone who could please help me via a PM with service tag?

thank you in advanced!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988625
Relevancy 65.36%

This is my first time posting here so sorry if this is the wrong place. I am beggining to think I got ripped off. I bought a laptop from a person on ebay and it seems to be locked.

I hear I have to get the master bios pasword for it but I am so confused, theres no way I can take the laptop apart that is not an option....

someone please help me get a master password!

A:Dell Inspiron 1720 Bios Password

10$ to who ever gets the master password

I will pay 10 bucks paypal to whoever gets the correct password...

i have a dell inspirion 1720
service tag 42kxqf1

and express service code is 8863227901
email me at email removed. com with password, if it works i gurantee a payment immediatly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1720-bios-password.104387/
Relevancy 65.36%

urgent technical need. read the title. do you know the answer? what is it?

--d3w4yn3

A:are Dell Inspiron 1300 BIOS passwords HPA or not?¿?¿?

I am not sure if you still need an answer to this or not, but if you are ...

If you are referring to a Hidden Protected Area on the hard drive, then no, the BIOS passwords are not stored there. They are stored in the firmware on the motherboard itself.

If this is not what you were asking just let me know and I'll see if I can find out.
Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-dell-inspiron-1300-bios-passwords-hpa-or-not-%C2%BF-%C2%BF.72788/
Relevancy 65.36%

Dell Inspiron 6400 bios master code please

Please........

I need help removing a bios password from a Dell Inspiron 6400

G07S72J service tag

34841590219 express service code

Thank you so much. I really appreciate any help given.

A:Dell Inspiron 6400 bios password help please

Hello, arguc, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, please see this thread: Dell Bios Password removal. Read this first BEFORE posting and this thread to post your information, if your PC can be unlocked. Dell Bios Password removal (Nov-Dec 2007)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6400-bios-password-help-please.95180/
Relevancy 65.36%

my computer was running fine and normal until two days ago i rebooted and left my ipod plugged in normally in this scenario the computer will boot to the dell loading screen as it always does and the progress bar will stick at about percent so i press power unplug the ipod and restart normally this time however on reboot i came up with a quot Hard disk -A B the primary system HDD is protected by a password authentication system quot message a similar message has been discussed at length on these Inspiron password HDD Dell 5150 BIOS) (not boards it seems that very few people have the exact same message there are more starting with quot This computer blahblahblah quot and Dell Inspiron 5150 HDD password (not BIOS) from what i ve heard HDD passwords are close to impossible to break if anyone can help me out i would like to know how this could have happened and what i can do to at the very least preserve the data on the disk or remove the password the curious thing is that after reading the forum i came under knowledge that a password can be generated using information from my computer which was unsuccessful over the phone with dell they provided me a password which they had quot generated quot and it did not work however the tech support woman was almost arguing with me that the HDD password was the same as the bios system password i have seen other peoples messages and they are seemingly different system computer password as opposed to hard disk am i wrong to think that if i were to put my HD into another the data would still be locked i am still able to get into bios on my computer which brings me to the fact that i m getting eleven asterisks instead of a code followed by the quot bios standard quot a b which is why they insist that it s a bios password does this mean that potentially my hd is not actually the problem but there is a motherboard short causing it to not be recognized properly help is desparately appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 5150 HDD password (not BIOS)

neqsohthree said:

...which brings me to the fact that i'm getting eleven asterisks instead of a code, followed by the "bios standard" a95b (which is why they insist that it's a bios password). does this mean that (potentially) my hd is not actually the problem, but there is a motherboard short causing it to not be recognized properly?

help is desparately appreciated. thanks :]Click to expand...

According to my big book of HD issues, the asterisks mean that the IDE section of the drive is flumped, or your IDE on the mobo is, one of the two.

It should so a series of letters and numbers, if so then it can be unlocked by dell assuming you can prove ownership.

Yes the HD and the BIOS Password are different, actually there are 4, admin, config,setup and the HD.

The easiest way to find out is to hook the HD to a an IDE on a desktop PC and see if it can be seen, if its Locked (ie passworded) it will show as a zero sized drive, if however its flumped,chances are the BIOS wont detect it full stop.

If it is unlocked and accessible copy of the data and scrap the drive and get a new one, now would be a good time to get a decent brand and maybe a size increase.

If it's flumped or locked and dell wont help then they make great paperweights.

Any other questions give us a shout....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-5150-hdd-password-not-bios.52975/
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm getting an error message when i try to install windows 7 on my laptop (dell inspiron 1420)... it was said that the BIOS should be upgraded first before do the installation.

well then, I'm a newbie and i don't know what should i do.
can anybody help me?

This is the error message i've got :

Quote:
The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.
Windows cannot be installed on this computer with the current system BIOS version. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update, install the update, and then start Windows installation again. OEM Name: Dell Inc.; OEM Model: Inspiron 1420 ; BIOS Version: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07; BIOS Date: 20080203000000.000000+000

Thanks.

A:BIOS problem Dell INSPIRON 1420

What kind of win7 install disk is this? Is it Retail, i.e. did you buy it from a store in a box?

Or is it part of an upgrade kit that you got from Dell?

What OS did your computer come preinstalled with (if any) and when did you buy this computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/87800-bios-problem-dell-inspiron-1420-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

There was a thread before about this but is closed. There was a person called rustam_ and he had a method I think so if he could help I would be really greatful.

The tag thing he needed is
#F18XG1J-595B

Thanks again

A:Dell Inspiron 9200 Bios Password

He has plenty of contact options - rustam_

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9200-bios-password.52859/
Relevancy 65.36%

i have dell inspiron 1150 and i have but a password and forgot it and i have open it and disconict the battry for 1 hour and colse it agan but i have password on the bios and i can not fond any chipes as you sead what do i do please some body help me and e-mail me at [email protected] plz

i can not find any help from dell can you help me what to do

A:dell inspiron 1150 bios passowrd plz help

Contact Dell. removing the battery will do nothing. Dell's have a dedicated security chip to prevent bypassing the bios password.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1150-bios-passowrd-plz-help.52525/
Relevancy 65.36%

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 531S.

I connect my display to the computer on board video card I get no signal and I can't get into bios.

I reset the battery. And also try the bios jumper (if I done it correctly).

Don't know what else to do. The motherboard is not beeping so there no problem with it.

Could it be the video card is done.

Trying to fix my friend computer which he got for free. Computer a little damage. Hard Drive Broke, DVD Drive also but everything else looks ok.

I got a external hard drive hook up to it and a bootable flash drive.

A:Dell Inspiron 531 no signal on monitor can't get to bios

Open the case and disconnect everything from the main board. Remove all add-in cards and disconnect keyboard and mouse. Leave only the power supply and monitor connected. If the screen still does not light up, take the power supply to a local shop and have them test it. If the power supply is good, you have narrowed the problem to main board, memory and processor. If you have more than one memory stick, try them one at a time.

Let us know your result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-531-no-signal-on-monitor-cant-get-to-bios.920545/
Relevancy 65.36%

I can not change Legacy boot order in A14 BIOS. I'm not able to set CD/DVD Drive before Hard Drive. Even if I save changes, the BIOS will always use Hard Drive to boot instead CD/DVD Drive. When I check again the bios boot order, CD/DVD Drive always is at last place. If I set it to be the first then the whole BIOS crashes down when I try to save changes. Is it a feature or a bug?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983066
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi - I am at wits end because after dealing with several update driver virus problems in windows my system went into total recovery mode with none of the options bios password recovery Inspiron 3521 system in forgot helping nbsp When I was limited to turning it on and ONLY getting a black screen with the blue password box I had to Inspiron 3521 system in recovery forgot bios password set it aside for a bit before I lost my mind nbsp When I tried copying my files to a usb I realized that all my passwords that I had saved on a document did not copy nbsp Before I lost my mind I had to set it aside for a while and figure out what to do nbsp Upon returning to it I realized that I forgot that exact system password and could not retrieve it as well as my email password with which I set up my account with and I also changed phone numbers within this time Therefore I went back to researching my latest issue with this system that I can t believe has been the BIGGEST pain in the rear that I have ever had and haven t found a solution nbsp I am usually self sufficient and have learned a lot about computers in the past year but I just don t have any fight left in me for this nbsp nbsp Please let me know who I can send nbsp the information about my computer too and I pray that someone can help me get in there nbsp Thank you

A:Inspiron 3521 system in recovery forgot bios password

If it's the Windows password, you can restore the system from  your recovery media without it -- if you didn't prepare a set, call Dell to purchase one.
If it's a system password (BIOS/UEFI power on password), you will need to call Dell support by voice phone.  Be prepared with your ownership details and, unless the system is in warranty, with a credit card -- the call will not be free unless the system is in warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682771
Relevancy 64.93%

My three-week-old Inspiron 5559 will not recognize USB recovery media received from Dell. I have been working with Concierge for three weeks on this system. They insisted I reinstall the OS from USB, but not even Concierge can get the system to recognize the USB key that they mailed to me. Is there a problem with the USB key or with the USB port on the computer? Or is there a trick to using the recovery media that is unknown even to Dell's highest level of support?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679315
Relevancy 64.93%

Newly arrived Inspiron 5558 working fine except when Quick Start Guide has me creating recovery media. When I try to create a recovery drive with backup file box checked off, I get an error. We can’t create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive. Any suggestions?

A:Dell Inspiron 5558 Recovery Drive Creation

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly try the following steps :
Method 1: Perform Clean Boot.
Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

Press Windows key + X key. And select Run.
Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
Close Task Manager.
On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.
Method 2:
Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19660159
Relevancy 64.93%

When going to update using Dells data safe it says missing recovery partition. Is there anyway I can create it without losing any data/files already on laptop. Thanks guys

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 has missing recovery partition.

Well the problem is actually on Dell's part not yours and is rather easy to solve. Actually the recovery partiton is hidden so the old version of Data Safe is unable to detect it. Let's solve this problem niw:

1. Open MyComputer, Click on C: drive.
2. Open Program Files (x86)/Dell DataSafe Local Backup/Components/DSUpdate
3. Click DSUpdate (an .exe file shown as type "Application") (You must be connected to internet)

4. It will update from version 9.4.40 to 9.4.4x (where x > 0)

5. It did something with the partition.
6. It will tell you to "reboot". Restart the laptop.
7. Then launch Dell DataSafe Local Backup.
8. This new version will detect the partition and enable you to make recovery discs.
9. You will need two DVD's and it will take approx one hour to create the recovery discs.
Hope this helps !

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/237520-dell-inspiron-n5110-has-missing-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok. so I'm working on a Dell Inspiron 1545,
the hdd is 320gb with one partition being 298GB the other partition is hidden and must be a recovery partition this is where my problem lies i cannot access it i have so far tried...
Disk Management (win 7)
Acronis Disk Director
EASEUS Partition Master 5.5.1 Professional Edition
these only shows the main partition an cannot unhide the Recovery
i have obviously also tried
F8 but it has no "repair" option
ctrl+f11 this also does nothing.
so as you can see I'm pretty stuck!!

A:[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1545 Recovery Partition

If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

Dell - Technical Support

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-inspiron-1545-recovery-partition-595748.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,I was performing a BIOS update on Dell Inspiron N5110 to Latest bios version,  when the laptop became inactive plus the fan started to run at full speed. i could not even switch off the machine by pressing the power button. At the end i had to pull out AC cord and battery.Now its dead(No activity at all). how can i restore bios???
dell inspiron N5110
service tag: <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>

A:dell inspiron n5110 bios update failure

Solution fo recovery bios Dell N51101. Download the latest firmware from the Dell support2. Save the exe and create a shortcut with the following parameter: " /writehdrfile"3. Start the created shortcut and it will create a n5110a11.hdr file rename the file to N5110.hdr4. Create a shortcut exe file with the following parameter: " /writeromfile"5. Start the created shortcut and it will create a n5110a11.rom file rename the file to DQ15A11.rom6. Copy both file "N5110.hdr" and "DQ15A11.rom" to a FAT formatted pendrive's root folder7. Remove the charger and Battery from the laptop8. Plug In the pendrive9. Press & hold END10. Connect the charger (still hold END)11. The notebook starts automatically and shows the recovery screen12. Press enter and wait until finish the flashing13. Press esc to restart14. Hopefully problem solved

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19534608
Relevancy 64.5%

Friends, I lost the Dell Inspiron 2650 BIOS Password, The Service Tag
is HTYLJOJ and Express Service Code is 388-169-301-79. I am new on this Forum, I am looking a BIOS Password Cracker or any other Program which will Re-Set the BIOS Password. Program/Utility must be for a FDD because my first Boot Option is FDD.
Regards to all the GENIUS.
Saeed.

A:I lost the Dell Inspiron 2650 BIOS Password

Maybe if you pop out the battery for fifteen seconds the bios reset might include the password as well. I've never tried to reset that password so no guarantee on this. It will not hurt anything. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-lost-the-dell-inspiron-2650-bios-password.83255/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I need N5010 bios administrator password. I don't speak English. :-(

Bye.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991834
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello i have a inspiron 9100 laptop that thinks it has 266mhz memory, no matter which memory you give it!

It stops booting and tells you to install 333 or 400mhz memory and to hit f1 to shutdown.

I tried fooling it by removing the bios battery and turning it on, well now it tells you the time is off and when you go there and correct the time it goes ahead and boots just fine.
Turn it off and backon then it remembers that it thinks it has 266ddr and to hit f1 to shutdown.

I tried updating the bios flash but it gives me an error message saying that it doesnt support this hardware..

I have several 9100 mbs....can i remove a chip and reinstall on this one and maybe fix it????

Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop, which is bios chip?

Not likely. The BIOS chip is soldered in... and doesn't really seem to be the problem anyway.
I would remove one memory module, and see what it does with the other, then reverse the memory modules... as it very likely could be a failed memory module, or one improperly inserted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9100-laptop-which-is-bios-chip.141191/
Relevancy 64.5%

If your trying to change a bios setting or Reformat any of the newer Dell Laptop's you may run into this issue! There is an Administrator password you will be prompted for. I believe this is created at the factory and unplugging the bios battery no longer does the trick! I tried many different passwords combos and found that:

<dell> all lowercase and minus the brackets works for a few of the newer Dell Laptops

Good Luck,

Frajile-

A:Dell Bios Admin Password/Inspiron 1720

That makes no sense at all. If it were true then Dell would have to provide the password as part of the information it provides to customers when they buy the laptop. Anything else would subject them to being sued.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/126415-dell-bios-admin-password-inspiron-1720-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a dell inspiron 1000 laptop. I recently upgraded the bios from A03 to A08 thinking that I would be able to enter the bios setup. It locked me out of the entire system now. I get a black screen with a blue box that says enter password. My service tag is CPDLL41. Can someone Please help me. Please.

cdreemz17
Email is [email protected] if necessary.

A:I need Dell Inspiron 1000 Bios Password PLEEZ

First try Dell.
If your BIOS was installed incorrectly, the motherboard can be ruined. Before you go elsewhere seek help from Dell Tech Support.
Good luck. This is usually very serious.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-dell-inspiron-1000-bios-password-pleez.87598/
Relevancy 64.5%

this is a dell inspiron its already been refurbed still got the sticker on bottom p proc i don t know bout RAM hdd capacity ect cant do ANYTHING without the hd the owner bought it 2500, how Inspiron and bios first? Dell remove pwds HDD Have HDD on to secondhand on the story from the previous owner that it just needed a new hd and the password would be removed with the old drive well thats their request to me replace the hd and install XP on it i do light refurb work on mostly Have HDD and bios pwds on Dell Inspiron 2500, how to remove HDD first? desktops and pasword work hasn t been an issue but they want me to try to save the cost of the new drive ect ect so having seen other posts about dell bios pwd fixes i had to ask anyone know how to go about this if i could get into bios perhaps changing the boot order could boot my XP disk but i dont know that will even help cause it seems the password is stored on the mobo Have HDD and bios pwds on Dell Inspiron 2500, how to remove HDD first? just a feeling any advice nbsp

A:Have HDD and bios pwds on Dell Inspiron 2500, how to remove HDD first?

We do not help with password issues on TechSpot.
Your best bet is to register the new owner on Dell, then wait 21 business days fof verification that it has not been stolen, then contact their tech support by telephone after the registration has been in place the 21 business days.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-hdd-and-bios-pwds-on-dell-inspiron-2500-how-to-remove-hdd-first.141855/
Relevancy 64.5%

With the update of the BIOS : Legacy Support cause "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA" error with WINDOWS 8.1 and WINDOWS 10.
My System was installed with WIN10 and legacy support bios option.
After bios upgrade system won't boot.
Did a new install with a new disk, WINDOWS won't install same error.
New BIOS only support Linux (I did a successfull Ubuntu install with Legacy Support).
Only UEFI is supported with BIOS 01.05.A04 FOR WINDOWS.
To install windows : use a USB WINDOWS UEFI boot stick, and then windows can be installed.
Hope it will help. I spent time on it.
Vincent

A:BUG REPORT ? : Dell Inspiron 7359 System BIOS : 01.05.00, A04

Thank you very much Vincent. Dell program update my BIOS to the last version and it was impossible to install Windows. i do what you explain and I installed windows 10 Perfect.
Thank you so much for this.
Question: I have Dell 7359 and randomly freeze, Do you have the same problem?
I try this things and nothing worked.
Install graphic card driver from intel and from dell page.
Upgrade the CHIPSET driver (I download from dell webpage)
Nothing worked.

Thank you in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19674637
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi!
After installation of latest BIOS A09 version for Dell Inspiron 3147 I got some problems with boot.

Pause about 10-15 seconds during boot after Dell logo.
Start (logon) screen not appear after boot and I see black screen till I do not touch screen.
PC does not start from Sleep mode, while Hibernation mode works,

No matter of Windows 8.1 or 10, drives etc. I have tried different installation of drives, settings and Windows 8.1/10.
Solution.
Downgrade to old version of BIOS A07 fixed all above mentioned problems. Why Dell has provide BIOS that made user experience awful? For those who have similar problems after installation of BIOS A09 version - you can download old version of BIOS from Dell downloads page http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/inspiron-11-3147-laptop.html

A:Dell Inspiron 11-3147 BIOS A09 problem & solution

Thank you!  I had the same problem.  Could only get computer to start by removing battery for a bit.  
Thought PC fritzed. then found your note. Installed A07 from the link you provided and laptop works again!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675981
Relevancy 64.5%

I hate DELL they give no help.I have a Dell Inspirion 1000 that is locked it says enter password.I saw your post and was wondering if you found away to get around this.I am assuming that this is a bios protection password, since I cannot enter the bios without the password.

A:DELL Inspiron 1000 bios pASSWORD RESET NEED HELP

need master password for bios
help plz!!!

Dell Inspiron 1300
service tag: 792RK2J-595B
express service code:157-863-168-91

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1000-bios-password-reset-need-help.51608/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys I ve been using Unified Remote on my Android phone to Inspiron N5110 On Wake Lan BIOS issues Dell use my laptop for a while now I recently just learned about the Wake On Lan feature and it is something I d really like to see working what s the point of remote control if I still have to get up to turn on my laptop I ve been trying to follow the directions and Dell Inspiron N5110 Wake On Lan BIOS issues setting up my Power Management options in my BIOS however I ve run into some issues First of all when I go into my BIOS settings there isn t even an option for Power Management or the like in order to set remote wakeup So I don t even know where to proceed from here I have a Dell Inspiron N with the A BIOS I m running Windows -bit I d be more than happy to provide any additional details and even pictures of my BIOS screen options if my description isn t clear enough Thank you nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 Wake On Lan BIOS issues

I've been trying to follow the directions and setting up my Power Management options in my BIOSClick to expand...

What directions? How do you know that any change is needed or possible in the BIOS?

I probably shouldn't be posting here, as I have never used WOL, but I thought it was just a matter of enabling the feature in the Properties of the adapter (in Device Manager). It does make sense that it could be an item in the BIOS; I just don't recall ever reading that anywhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-n5110-wake-on-lan-bios-issues.1091632/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've dell laptop model already mentioned.I want to change bios splash screen as it is really annoying (screen shot attached).Any way I can do so with ease?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989199
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all,

My little brother has gave that Dell inspiron n4110 BIOS a password and now he has forgot it. I know I can remove that password by opening the laptop but I don't want to open it. I can access to the OS which is Windows 7 and also can reinstall OSs by pressing F12 key, but when I want to go into the BIOS setup (which I should press the F2 key for that) that password is required. I've heard there are some codes removing that but I'm not sure is it real or not.
Any solution for that laptop?

A:How to remove Dell inspiron n4110 BIOS password

Dell have recently added additional security to some of their laptop range - if you have somehow triggered this security you will have to contact Dell, and supply them with full details of the laptop, including serial and reference and full proof of purchase - they can then remove the password free of charge

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320243-how-remove-dell-inspiron-n4110-bios-password.html
Relevancy 64.5%

i am having a battery problem so i am wanting to update my BIOS to troubleshoot it.
My current BIOS version is A05 (3-jan-13).  I want to update it to A14.
But i am getting ther error message 'allocate memory for security flash fail!'
The drive where windows is installed has only 5GB of free space.
Could it be becausr of this?

A:Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 BIOS update error.

No -- 5G is more than enough free space for a BIOS flash.  Is the system failing to recognize the AC adapter (F2 at powerup to check)?
If it is, the BIOS won't flash - this is a hardware problem a BIOS update won't fix -- either the adapter, the DC jack or the mainboard is bad.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996548
Relevancy 64.5%

How to Downgrade Dell Inspiron N BIOS from A to A I upgraded my BIOS to A It change my Legacy BIOS to UEFI Now I want to install windows afresh but it didn rsquo t boot into windows disc or USB flash drive while secure boot mode enabled If I disable secure boot mode it boots into windows disc but pointer does not work in windows setup I attached an external mouse and installed version Downgrade Inspiron BIOS to of Dell A12 N3542 A06 from windows but when it finished installing pointer don rsquo Downgrade BIOS version from A12 to A06 of Dell Inspiron N3542 t appear and touchpad not working even after installing latest touchpad driver If I change my UEFI to Legacy BIOS mode and boot into windows disk it install windows While in windows setup it asks Downgrade BIOS version from A12 to A06 of Dell Inspiron N3542 me to change GPT partition style to MBR partition style I googled and did this but the medthod compelled me to clean me hard drive and loss all the data Everytime I install winodws I have to clean my hard drive The installed windows is not working well with many errors and not allowing updates and many more things that I am not able to describe here I want to rollback my BIOS to previous version that is A so that I get all these problems solved I downloaded previous version of BIOS from Dell website but when I run it It tells me Dell don rsquo t recommend to downgrade and closed Please guide me how can I downgrade it

A:Downgrade BIOS version from A12 to A06 of Dell Inspiron N3542

Please click on the link below, hopefully it will help answer your question.
Downgrading the System BIOS on a Dell System:
www.dell.com/.../en

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996529