Windows Support Forum

White Horizontal line on top of the screen

Q: White Horizontal line on top of the screen

I am getting White Horizontal line on top of the screen.
I plugged out signal cable, those white horizontal line is gone. but I plug in switch cable, horizontal line appearing on top of the screen, so what's causing this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: White Horizontal line on top of the screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: White Horizontal line on top of the screen

Could u give some specs what monitor and video card, what operating system? what computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-horizontal-line-on-top-of-the-screen.208508/
Relevancy 107.07%

Alienware opt-x aw2310 monitor.
I have this annoying line on my monitor......i have unplugged monitor cable and it is still there so i know it is the monitor itself.

ran LCD conditioning tool....no change.
the line is white and grey bit of black also.
Anyone have any ideas as to what it is....or is my screen dying ?
you can see it under alien pic below......

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989079
Relevancy 92.45%

How can i remove the one white horizontal line in my laptop HP 620,  i saw the line  when i  watching movie in the net yesterday,  suddenly the white horizontal line is coming to my screen. if i open the laptop the line not showing if screen backgroud is white, like normal screen, but if u go to the dark background you can see it properly the horizontal line.  How can i fix this problem? please i need anyone help. thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/One-white-horizontal-line-in-HP-620/td-p/5755951
Relevancy 90.73%

Vista narrow whilte line is centered but both sides end roughly two- three inches from the sides have a inch screen It disappears as soon as I move to another screen program Icons when moved over line re-below or above it Even at the ends of screen where the line has ended same thing happens Has been this way for over a month I just lived with it It does t respond to cleaning with Ad-Aware Error Expert or CCleaner I ve grown more concerned as I ve also desktop on appears white line only horizontal been having growing more frequent intermittant problem printing certain kinds of docs typically PDF s They come out just blurry enough to be extremely irritating to read Occasionally I ve printed docs horizontal white line appears only on desktop where some type page and doc description are normal but body of doc is blurry Tonight b finding your site I attempted to reload Adobe Reader thinking a corruption of that software might be the cause I downloaded from the Adobe Co site Halfway thru I got an AVG free version message that it detected a Trojan But I allowed AVG to close the program I used repair feature to version to no avail tried downloading version and that didn t do anything to print quality either Any thoughts Thanks much nbsp

A:horizontal white line appears only on desktop

Dump Adobe reader and use Foxit, not a resouce hog like Adobe.

http://www.download.com/Foxit-Reader/3000-2079_4-10313206.html

Model of PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/horizontal-white-line-appears-only-on-desktop.782759/
Relevancy 90.73%

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Computer running Windows Vista.
Last night a small white line randomly appeared underneath the taskbar, bumping it up a millimeter and then it grew and covered the whole taskbar and parts above it as shown in the pictures (attatched).
This white line shakes a bit and reflects the actions of the mouse (Pic 2).

I restarted the computer to see if it would fix it but instead, i got a BSoD when the computer turned back on.

Can you please tell me the resolutions to this and if you need any further info ill post it.
Nick

A:Blurry/White horizontal line on display

If possible go ahead and send a crash dump over. Though honestly that looks like the backlight on the monitor has gone crazy, or perhaps a video problem, so the bsod may be unrelated. Still doesn't hurt to try.

At least from the pictures that looks like it's a physical light being emitted from the back (kinda like the monitor went bonkers there on the bottom) and less of a software predicament. Again though, best to test out software possibilities before considering it hardware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blurry-white-horizontal-line-on-display-540366.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I am getting a horizontal line all the way across my LCD screen. It is very thin and annoying, and is about in the middle.
It appears from the time I start my computer up, until I turn if off and will not go away.. This line is NOT scratch in the screen, it is graphical.
I tried reinstalling Windows XP, but this did not work. XP has been on my Thinkpad A21m 2628-F1U for a very long time and this is the first time this has ever happened. Also, I tried installing some new video drivers from IBM's website and that didn't work either.

Any suggestions? Is it hardware or software related? Thank you.

-Aaron
[email protected]

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,
I recently purchased a ViewSonic VA905 19" monitor and within a month of having it, there is a 1 pixel horizontal line running through the middle of the screen. It is only 3 months old and it runs through a surge protector as well as the ups. The line only seems to come up after about 20 mins but last night it was on when I booted up and then it went away then came back again. Begining to frustrate me...... Does anyone know what causes this and if I can fix or if the screen is busted. I have tried contacting viewsonic themselves and they have not replied. I am also running a Asustek EN6600LE-Silencer-TD-256, NVIDIA GForce -256MB,PCI Express graphics card but have not tampered with any of the overclocking settings as I dont know much about it. Any help please.......

A:Horizontal Line through screen

The LCD monitor is defective, you need to send it back. That's a classic symptom of a bad connection between the LCD controller and the panel. FWIW, I have an ancient LCD here with a vertical blue line through it, same problem. This is nothing to do with your graphics card.

Since you can't break something that's already broken, try this simple test. Press in on the bezel next to the start and end of the line, you may actually see the line come and go doing that, depending on where the poor connection is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/horizontal-line-through-screen.468623/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone.
I have a DELL Inspiron 14 3000 Series (Camera HD, Truelife, HD Screen 14.0)
Two days ago, a small black line appeared in the right top part of my laptop. The nex day it transform into a complete black horizontal line that cross all the top part of my screen.
I don´t move my laptop from my desk, it hasn´t fallen, no hits, anything.
What could happen?
Thank you very much for any help.
Regards.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19993346
Relevancy 79.12%

My new (3 weeks old) Toshiba suddenly has a horizontal line about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom of the screen. I tried rebooting, no luck. Help!

Relevancy 78.69%

White horizontal dashes appear all over the screen when I am watching any videos and the frequent crashing and such makes playing videos drawing in Photoshop Painter etc and playing and game virtually impossible I have reformatted my computer numerous times and I keep getting either the quot display driver has stopped working and recovered quot error sometimes or the white glitches ALL the time Sometimes Screen Horizontal on Glitches Computer White both I have RivaTuner and all but the reason I bought this computer was to sate my creative impulses and my desire to play games My computer freezes at least two to three minutes after booting up I cleaned the computer of all the dust and limited the amount of start up programs I d get new graphics cards or video cards yet I am constrained by my system s motherboard The newer cards will not fit in it Not quite sure about video cards Would a better power supply fix it Do I have to install new graphics cards Is the only way to fix everything a new motherboard which would be half the cost of an entire computer I m sure I have the latest i PM chipset driver as well the one on the Alienware site The one on Intel s site is incompatible with PM chipsets Any help you guys can give me would be most appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

This is not a stuck pixel because i tried taking a photo of it with a screen capturing software and the photo was fine but the weird line was still there I am pretty sure this is a virus i did a live update and did a full scan with norton scanned my registry and disk with the latest registrybooster and auslogic disk optimizer software but nothing happened i tired UDpixel Pink screen horizontal line 1 across 2 Yellow and to fix my pixel and nothing happened so this is most likely a hidden virus that norton cannot find this is my HJT log Logfile of Trend 2 Yellow and 1 Pink horizontal line across screen Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes h C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C WINDOWS system tp serv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe C IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCTRAY EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE 2 Yellow and 1 Pink horizontal line across screen C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis 2 Yellow and 1 Pink horizontal line across screen exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http myplace westnet com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http myplace westnet com au O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run S TRAY S Tray exe O - HKLM Run TrackPointSrv tp serv exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TPKMAPHELPER C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities TpKmapAp exe -helper O - HKLM Run TPHOTKEY C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe O - HKLM Run TP EX tp ex exe O - HKLM Run EZEJMNAP C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe O - HKLM Run UC Start C Program Files IBM Updater ucstartup exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager amp quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe amp quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ibmmessages C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe O - HKLM Run IBMPRC C IBM... Read more

A:2 Yellow and 1 Pink horizontal line across screen

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

Are you still having this problem? If so, do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.
Please include the MBAM log, SAS log and a fresh HijackThis log in your next reply

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-yellow-and-1-pink-horizontal-line-across-screen.802192/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi guys 
Having issue with my Dell XPS 9530  15 inch
two thin horizontal lines appear through all dispay. they exactly divided display onto three equal parts.
those line visible only on dark solid color filling screen. External display is ok. Bios tests same result observable on dark , not visible on light. Looks like a problem with back lite. No falldowns, no drops labtop was moved only inside my apartment from one table to another,
Most inteesting it exactly same issue appearing second time. First 6-8 month after purchase. was replaced display under warranty. and now after -9 month after replacement EXACTLY same issue. 
Anybody have something similar? looks very possible engineering defect. And dell support offering me fix on my cost.

Thanks
Kostyantyn

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19996878
Relevancy 78.26%

So this is a brand new HP laptop (bought 6 days ago) and there's a dotted line across the screen that I can't get rid of.I'll happily return it but the Curry's PC World store that I bought it from is difficult to to get to. Can I go to a different store? Or, preferably, is there a way to fix my laptop?Thank you in advance.

A:Green horizontal line across new laptop screen

Hi kirstynoelle, Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I saw your post regarding the green line across the screen. It could be either a software or hardware issue but I am leaning towards hardware. If you can provide me with your product number and your operating system we can try reinstalling your graphics driver. If you have an external monitor you can connect that and if you are getting the green on the monitor then we know for sure it is a software/driver issue. If the line doesn't show up on the monitor then it is a hardware issue. As for returning the laptop you wouldn't be able to return to a different store that sells HP products. You could always talk to Curry's PC World to see if they have another branch or franchise somewhere else that you could return it to. If it is a hardware issue HP would look at replacing the detective components. Thank you,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Green-horizontal-line-across-new-laptop-screen/td-p/4038882
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a pavilion 15 laptop.  The screen has 1 inch thick small vertical purple and green line at the bottom of screen.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Horizontal-purple-line-on-laptop-screen/td-p/5654914
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey all,I purchased a new Omen Laptop about two months ago.About one month ago I noticed a thin horizonatl black line appear at the top of the screen, reaching from one side to the other.It has since slowly moved down the screen so it is just inline with the x on the close button of a full screen app. I have taken a screen shot to share with you but it doesn't show up in the screenshot, which makes me think it more of a physical problem. Has anyone come across this issue before, or does anyone have an recommendations? Thanks,Ben

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Horizontal-Black-line-on-Notebook-screen/td-p/5804528
Relevancy 78.26%

Brand new Satellite L830 has a horizontal line across the screen.

What can be the cause and how can be fixed?

A:Satellite L830 - horizontal line across the screen

If notebook is brand new bring it back as soon as possible and ask for replacement.
On this virtual way it is not easy to say what is wrong there but it can be related to defective display, especially if you can see it from the first moment when notebook is on.

Don?t try anything. Ask for new one. If you cannot get replacement contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help. They must exchange defective part.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71454-Satellite-L830-horizontal-line-across-the-screen
Relevancy 78.26%

So I turned on my laptop which was supposedly in sleep mode, but I felt tired so I went to sleep with my laptop on. After I woke up it became like that.

Video: https://youtu.be/Xyo-YTV6UeM

The line appears even when I just boot up my laptop.
Is this a problem with the graphic card or the monitor itself?
Any chances of me fixing it without sending for repairs ;x

A:Horizontal line of pixels keep flashing on screen.

Hi hook it up to an external monitor and see if it does same thing on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372412-horizontal-line-pixels-keep-flashing-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello everyone my computer that I built two years ago seems to be having some trouble that started over night.

The Problem:
When I start up the computer, white horizontal (almost bar code like) lines cover the screen. (Image uploaded). Some times it will bsod when i try log in some times it does not. Also the white lines are still there even in safe mode.

Computer SpecsGraphics Card: Geforce gtx 560
Processor: AMD Phenom II x6
Motherboard: MSI MS-7640
8GB of RAM

BSOD error log uploaded

EDIT: Also seems that the resolution has been reduced from 1920x1080 to a lower resolution. (graphics card dieing?)

Thank you

A:Horizontal White Lines on Screen, Some times bsod when I try log in.

Sounds like a video card issue.

Go through the steps mentioned on this thread: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a7ab4e0, fffff880131d2a88, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800a7ab4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880131d2a88, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
+0
fffff880`131d2a88 0000 add byte ptr [rax],al

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0799b9c8 fffff880`06f47000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0a7ab4e0 fffff880`131d2a88 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0799b9d0 00000000`00000116 : fffffa80`0a7ab4e0 fffff880`131d2a88 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : 0xfffff880`06f47000
fffff880`0799b9d8 fffffa80`0a7ab4e0 : fffff880`131d2a88 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : 0x116
fffff880`0799b9e0 fffff880`131d2a88 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`0a7ab4e0
fffff880`0799b9e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06f46d0a : 0xfffff880`131d2a88
STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272560-horizontal-white-lines-screen-some-times-bsod-when-i-try-log.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi again I previously posted on this issue so there are images and a bottom on to recede horizontal withi... white that screen lines complete description from my post a few days ago Briefly when the laptop has white horizontal lines on screen that recede to bottom withi... been shut down or sleeping for more than a few hours there are white horizontal lines on the bottom part of the screen that slowly recede completely to the bottom The lines do not show up on an external monitor running in duplicate mode nbsp nbsp I have removed the screen twice now and checked reseated the connections at the screen and under the keyboard The problem persists nbsp I flashed the BIOS a few days ago and the problem persists nbsp The webcam mic and WWAN WLAN are all in perfect working condition and the computer works extremely well aside from this screen issue nbsp Before I drop any more money on this used laptop my only question at this point is does this sound like strictly a screen display cable issue If it was a motherboard problem would I be seeing other problems If it's the graphics card going bad would I be seeing other problems Like I said white horizontal lines on screen that recede to bottom withi... the white horizontal lines on screen that recede to bottom withi... computer works perfectly once it's operating nbsp nbsp Anybody have any helpful ideas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/white-horizontal-lines-on-screen-that-recede-to-bottom/td-p/5621810
Relevancy 76.54%

My hp notebook with windows 7 turns on to a black screen with a horizontal line in the top left hand corner. How do I fix this problem?

A:My hp notebook with windows 7 turns on to a black screen with a horizontal line

Thread closed please do not make multiple threads on the same issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-hp-notebook-with-windows-7-turns-on-to-a-black-screen-with-a-horizontal-line-663178.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello!

As the title says.

On my new laptop, i use the M.2 drive slot with my Samsung 950 Pro, UEFI boot mode

Yesterday, i tried to connecto my old drive (Win10). After i replugged my M.2 drive and disconnected the Win10 HDD, i got the following screen at boot :

Since then, the machine cannot proceed to desktop unless i press Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Safe mode hangs at ClassPnp.sys

Safe mode boot with boot log enabled does not produce ntbootlog.txt in C:/Windows

Thank you in advance for your help.
PS : If the hang issue is not relative to BSOD sub-forum, please inform me to move thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402015-boot-hang-windows-logo-white-horizontal-lines-top-screen.html
Relevancy 76.11%

So when I was in school last night we had a power outage and when I got home from school and restarted my PC windows would not load I can get into the bios and boot options screen but nothing to do with windows itself When I try to load windows the screen just goes black with a bunch of flashing horizontal white lines randomly around the screen Lines my Screen Outage Power PC.....Black Horizontal HELP! l White Killed If I try a recovery disk it HELP! Power Outage Killed my PC.....Black Screen Horizontal l White Lines will first go black with a cursor in the corner for a couple minutes that reverts back to the horizontal white lines When I run diagnostics the harddrive fails and gets a error code I would like to fix the pc itself but will settle for a way to get files from the hard drive I'm a gamemaker and was weeks away from releasing my first game years of work and over custom images drawn by me Any information will be great because I have noidea what happened

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624896/help-power-outage-killed-my-pcblack-screen-horizontal-l-white-lines/
Relevancy 76.11%

So recently my computer has been crashing to a white or black screen with horizontal colored lines running accross it. I'm told it may be because i changed my page file size but i set it to a safe limit that should not be affecting it. I'v also been told it could be graphics card related, so i updated my drivers.

Specs:
Emachines EL1200-o5
Nvidia Gforce 6150SE
AMD Athlon 2650
2.7 gigs of ram

Also i changed my page file to 2.7 which i'm told is a safe amount for my computer.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/comp-crash-to-white-black-screen-with-horizontal-colored-lines-609449.html
Relevancy 76.11%

about a half an hour ago my laptop acer ferrari one started to behave strangely, at the beginning only a couple horizontal white line started to move up and down on my screen. Sometimes it gets worse and can't use the laptop at all but most of the time is mild. the laptop is new, was bought this year in february, the lcd screen broke once due to unknown reasons (my husband thinks is delamination) and it was changed about a month a go so that's new too....no idea why ot behaves like that it has never been droped, or wet or anything i take good care of it.
Thanks
Ana
ps now i have no image left on the laptop, it's grey....

A:Acer Ferrari one LCD screen makes movable horizontal white lines

just to add the damage to the previous lcd had the appearance of liquid damage, but we are 100% sure that no liquid was spilt on the machine and there were no signs of liquid ingress or disruption when the unit was stripped to replace the lcd (strangeley liquid damage was what acer decided and refused to provide me evidence). Anyway further information, we have a display out of the vga port so i pressume it isnt the graphics card. the vga cable has been traced checked for snags or squishes and appears fine and both ends are clean, undamaged and plugged in properly.

the flickering white lines occured over a period of 30-60 mins and gradually worsened untill we were left with a gray screen, Does this sound like a LCD failiure bearing in mind it does have a long warranty but is an ebay item?

Cheers Brett (ana's husband)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-ferrari-one-lcd-screen-makes-movable-horizontal-white-lines.155732/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey everyone I bought tree satellite tablets two are working just fine but one has this pixel wide (sometimes L9W-B-100 Click screen - Mini Satellite line black horizontal colored) on horizontal line across the whole screen Most of the time it's black but sometimes it has some colored pixels depending on the the rest of the screen This is how it looks like http i imgur com UB FD jpg http i imgur com U FhZXx jpg And here when it's off and I press the power button once to check the battery status http i imgur com Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-100 - black (sometimes colored) horizontal line on screen W UJ jpg When I powered the tablet for the first time it wasn't there yet I did the initial setup updated the Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-100 - black (sometimes colored) horizontal line on screen bios to and the display driver via toshiba service app I did some tests with a few games and the browser and then turned the tablet completely off Few days later as I turned it back on the line was already present when the screen showed the battery status pressed the power button once It doesn't Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-100 - black (sometimes colored) horizontal line on screen seem that those pixels are dead as they are not always black Maybe something happened when I updated the bios Restoring the factory state of the device didn't do any help I also tried to downgrade bios back to but it wouldn't let me saying that the version present is newer It could be something with the hardware though Either the screen is faulty or maybe the connector is not properly snapped in In order to check for that I would have to open the tablet Would this avoid the warranty The best thing would be to send this one back for replacement but my problem is that those tablets are x-mas presents for kids and I surely won't get it back on time Two of the girls getting their present and one not would make a small xmas distaster -

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88781-Satellite-Click-Mini-L9W-B-100-black-(sometimes-colored)-horizontal-line-on-screen
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all The screen of my Inspiron randomly becomes completely covered in white fuzzy lines the entire screen There is no particular pattern for when this happens It sometimes happens as soon as I log in and begin typing and or clicking on the mouse pad and on other occasions I can use the laptop for a good randomly in screen Inspiron lines horizontal covered 3520 fuzzy white hour or two before it happens Today for example I used the laptop for minutes and it happened times with each occasion lasting about - seconds in duration However yesterday I used the laptop for over an hour and it didn t happen at all I imagine this is a hardware problem relating Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines to a wire connecting the screen as it only happens when I m actually using Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines the laptop to type or surf the web etc I can watch a film on the laptop for a straight hours and it won t happen once so long as I don t touch the machine So I m thinking that possibly the mild vibrations caused by me pressing the keys and or mouse pad are causing a wire to disconnect or become lose It doesn t matter if the laptop is hot or cold it s indiscriminate I have ran all the applicable tests on SupportAssist and no issue is found I ve also updated all drivers About months ago I upgraded from Windows to and the problem stopped for a short while so I was hopeful it had been a software glitch However it Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines soon started again and now it s happening so frequently the laptop is basically useless other than for watching films clips Any ideas suggestions guys Many thanks

A:Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines

If that's the cause, then the image should be ok on an external screen - that would be the first thing to check.  
If it's not, the problem is with the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993371
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello , from today morning my laptop screen showing a horizontal white line (on the top of screen) . First it was steady and now it's blinking. I've checked in BIOS by pressing F10. It is showing here also. Please suggest me how to solve this problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-line-on-screen/td-p/5746258
Relevancy 71.38%

Please Help! My compaq nc6320 has this 1-inch white line running down the center with a small red line an inch or 2 away. I've gotten rid of the white line once before by pressing down, but I'm not getting this to work. I need to knbow how to get rid of this line and this method and any other SERIOUS methods are welcomed!
Also, the Red Line isn't bothering me, but it would be nice for some suggestions on how to get rid of it.

Also, the White Line does NOT come up on screen Shots, nor does the RED.
URGENT! Please help!

Relevancy 71.38%

I booted up my laptop today and I got a thin white line going across the screen... Would that be a screen problem or would be do to an OS problem? I shut it down and rebooted and I still got it...

Please advise!

Thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thin-white-line-on-screen.182855/
Relevancy 71.38%

I was hoping someone could help me, I litterally just took my brand new HP All in One 21-3140 out of the box and the display as it was first starting up looked great and then it performed an update and now on the right hand side of my screen I have a white dotted line going down it. I have tried rebooting my computer and pulling the power cord out along with the connections for the wireless keyboard and mouse and cannot seem to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-Vertical-Line-on-Screen/td-p/5647749
Relevancy 71.38%

My computer won't load...when you turn the computer on all you get is a black screen with a white blinking line in the corner. Even if you press f8 while you're booting, it still does the same thing and it just makes the beeping sound. It does say that SMART failure is imminent, does this mean my hard drive has failed and need replacement?

Relevancy 71.38%

I was hoping someone could help me, I litterally just took my brand new HP All in One 21-3140 out of the box and the display as it was first starting up looked great and then it performed an update and now on the right hand side of my screen I have a white dotted line going down it. I have tried rebooting my computer and pulling the power cord out along with the connections for the wireless keyboard and mouse and cannot seem to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-Vertical-Line-on-Screen/td-p/5647749
Relevancy 71.38%

I am not really an IT professional but everyone in the office brings their problems to me since there isn't anyone else This one I'm stumped and even search engines have failed me There is a laptop with a white line across the left side of the screen about a centimeter thick with a thin green border It appears to be quot of edge along screen line White above quot the desktop and task bar because things like the mouse or icons disappear under it but still function normally The problem has apparently been around for months possibly over half a year and there aren't any restore points prior to it The computer is a Compaq running Windows XP Home SP Other than the white line it seems to be fully functional but I really don't know what it is Here are some of the things I've noticed - It's not a program or at least doesn't appear in Task White line along edge of screen Manager as a process - It doesn't change when the resolution changes - The computer doesn't seem to have any problems with viruses - The line is there starting at the POST screen and stays constantly including Safe Mode except when the screen briefly goes blank prior to starting up Windows It would seem like potentially a graphical problem but I really have no idea what to check or what would cause White line along edge of screen this The user of this computer remembers no details and probably won't be helpful in getting any information White line along edge of screen They have also taken the computer back so I hope I haven't neglecting anything important to check

A:White line along edge of screen

Connect an external monitor - does the line appear?

If NO, then you have an internal cable or screen issue.

If YES, then you have a graphics chip/card issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/white-line-along-edge-of-screen-548360.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have two white lines down my monitor. They always appear when the monitor is on, but not when the monitor is off. Any ideas? I can't take a screenshot of it, so it isn't an OS thing (I think). I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Relevancy 71.38%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home across and up top freezes line screen of white Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm M AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD white line across top of screen and freezes up M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard F Antivirus Computer Security Updated and Enabled Hi i don t know if this is the right place to post this but i need some advice about my computer Whenever i use my computer after it hasn t been used for a while when i open it it gets a white line across the top of the screen Then my screen freezes up and my screen goes funny The only way i can get it to work again is to hook it up to an external monitor When the screen finally clears up and i unplug the monitor it starts working good again Do you have any ideas about why my computer would be doing this Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello HP Support nbsp I need white screen Vertical line on laptop the your help nbsp I have an nbsp HP Pavilion Notebook - n el energy star nbsp Product number F R EA ABZ running on nbsp Windows -bit System Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz GHz RAM GB Processor Graphics in use Intel R HD Graphics GOP version nbsp Since yesterday after some updates probably but I don't know which ones a white vertical line has appeared on the right-hand side of the screen and it doesn't go away nbsp I cannot watch films or videos do any work without this line disturbing the screen it is really annoying and unpleasant nbsp Everything else is normal and running properly I think nbsp Vertical white line on the laptop screen I have tried to solve it by downloading updated versions of the graphics processor but when I go to your website for my laptop there are three downloads recommended for the graphics processor nbsp Driver per scheda grafica Intel ad alta definizione HD - - Versione M nbsp orDriver scheda grafica NVIDIA - - Versione M nbsp orDriver per scheda grafica AMD ad alta definizione HD - - Versione M nbsp I don't know which one I have to download so I have not downloaded any and in any case I don't know whether that would solve my problem nbsp Can you please help me nbsp nbsp Many Thanks in advance Patrizia

A:Vertical white line on the laptop screen

Hey Patrizia,Welcome to the HP Forums!The first steps that you should attempt is to make sure that the vertical white lines do not appear in the BIOS. To do this I have included the steps below.1. Turn off your computer2. Make sure you have connected the power cable3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedlyOnce you are in the BIOS, if the lines are still present, it is likely a hardware failure. The next two steps may resolve the issue. The first one is to do a hard reset. I have included the document 'Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset'. The next and final step is to perform a BIOS update. I have included the information here for you 'Updating the BIOS'.Let me know if the issue does not appear in the BIOS.Hope this helps!

I worked on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Vertical-white-line-on-the-laptop-screen/td-p/3835370
Relevancy 70.52%

Helo all,

I having a problem with my pc when start the pc....white screen appear then few colors line came out....

izzit my graphic card broken?that is a build in graphic card, can it plug in a new external graphic card then the pc can be running again?

pls give me some suggestion!!

Thanks

A:PC start with white screen v with few line color

Check the connection from the monitor to the PC. Try another monitor. If no change in the problem, trying a new graphics card is a reasonable thing to do. More information on your system would be needed before suggesting what kind of card would work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-start-with-white-screen-v-with-few-line-color.581706/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm sorry for the lack of any technical terms used to describe this but I'm a complete novice with computers.

I was watching a video when some warning messages popped up saying something like harmful stuffs trying to access your computer, then it restarted. Now it starts up, goes to the motherboard thing, goes past that then hits a black screen with a little white line flashing in the top left corner.

I've tried to use F8 to enter the safe mode start up but when I press F8 it comes up with

'PLEASE SELECT BOOT DEVICE

SATA:3M-STM3250318AS
CDROM:3S-TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S22'

I tried the SATA option twice, first time the white line vanished so it was just a black screen and then it restarted. Second time it just went back to the screen with the white flashing line.

Any help in sorting this out would be greatly appreciated.

A:Black Screen with Flashing White Line

Hello, I'll move this topic to the malware removal forum.Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414879/black-screen-with-flashing-white-line/
Relevancy 70.52%

I just installed doom 3. When i started plaing it i noticed 2 thin white lines running verticaly on the left side of the sceen, and 1 thin green line running horizontily. I have 2 6600 nividia vidio cards with sli. Any help is greatly appriciated.

A:GREEN and WHITE LINE STUCK ON SCREEN

Just when you play the game do the lines show, or ever since no matter what program is running?

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Is your monitor LCD or CRT?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-and-white-line-stuck-on-screen.385949/
Relevancy 70.52%

Here is what I have A Samsung g hard drive as master a Seagate g as a slave A Sound blaster Live CT model sound card A d-link wireless wda AN asus AS F P T-E motherboard mb Samsung RAM sticks and An ATI radeon LE m DDR graphic card Ribbon cables My problem when I turn on the PC a few things happen It asks then if I want to boot from safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt to try to restore to last known settings or to start windows normally I help, with I need white stays PC black my line at screen already chose all these options When I do any of these things the screen shows a white bar It fills up to the end and Then nothing after that When I chose the continue normally prompt I took a -minute shower I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line and returned Still nothing At that point I think that it should have advanced into another screen or something I am not sure what is on the master drive as it was given to me but i know that it worked I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line at one point I would be open to any suggestions that don t involve paying extra money I know that there is some way to make it work-with some help from smart people Also i have two extra hard drives one is a g WD hd and one is a g WD -Thank you for reading Bamabeast nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I recently bought Hanns-G HL274HPB 27" Full HD LED Monitor. I gives an excellent display, unfortunately there are broken white lines on the top left of the screen. I went through all the options on Settings, but I can't find any way to resolve this issue.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/broken-white-line-top-left-monitor-screen-4606403/
Relevancy 69.66%

Please load the following in your IE9:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<HTML>
<BODY style="background-color: black">
</BODY>
</HTML>

Can you see a 2 pixel thick white line at the bottom?
In IE8 it wasn't there!
Is this something in my settings?

A:IE9 in full screen shows white line at bottom

I've forgot to mention: go full screen (F11) and hide the status bar to see the white line at the bottom of a black screen.

I could not find a way of editing my post...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-in-full-screen-shows-white-line-at-bottom-569399.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all, 

I have a problem very similar to this thread:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487382/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/

On boot the bios posts fine, but after that it immediately goes to a black screen with a white line. I am unable to enter safe mode, and it never moves past this screen. I thought it was a hardware issue, so I cloned the drive onto a completely new drive and it has the same exact issue. So now I have to suspect something is wrong with windows itself. 

Prior to this, the computer was working fine, then it shut itself down and on immediate boot up this issue appeared. System restore does not work from the windows 7 DVD, and I've tried startup repair numerous times, as well as chkdsk and sfc scans.

I have posted the FRST log for reference.

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Booting to Black Screen, White Line

Another thing I noticed, is on the black screen if you press CTRL+ALT+DEL the laptop restarts. Not sure if that is helpful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532807/windows-7-booting-to-black-screen-white-line/
Relevancy 69.66%

hi people i have a adven laptop but she i boot it up just goes onto a screen with a flashing dash line in corner of screen

A:flashing white dash line in corner of screen

Go into your BIOS and verify that the hard drive is listed as the first boot device. If it is, it sounds like your mbr is corrupt, or your hard drive is damagedI'm still learning Vista, not quite sure if fixmbr is the same or not. Give yhis a look:http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft...-mbr-vista.htmlhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173777/flashing-white-dash-line-in-corner-of-screen/
Relevancy 68.8%

dual boot laptop with windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04. When I start windows most of the time screen goes purple/pink with white dashed lines all over the screen.I want to get rid of this problem. I tried refreshing both windows and ubuntu and updating drivers but didn't work. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/purple-screen-with-white-dashed-line-on-windows-startup/td-p/5719097
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3537 model. It has been giving me a problem on and off. There is white vertical line which comes right in the middle of the screen. I used to press a little lightly on the screen and it used to disappear. But since morning it has been constantly there and troubling me a lot.
Request help asap and thanks a ton in advance.
Regards,
Abhinay

A:INSPIRON 3537 VERTICAL WHITE LINE IN MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN

The only way to permanently solve the problem is to replace the LCD -- if the system is under warranty, contact Dell and they'll do that for you. If it's not, the screen you depends upon whether it's a standard LCD (about $50-100) or a touchscreen (requires the complete assembly;  about $200).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983739
Relevancy 68.8%

OK first time here might not find my way back but I hope so.

Here goes....kids were playing with gadgets on our computer and when they were finished a two inch vertical line popped up on the left side.It moves back and forth everytime I log in and is sometimes in the middle but mostly on the side. The calender gadget shows up inside this bar.I can not find any instructions to help remove it.
we have Windows XP We use Internet Explorer and firefox...if that helps.

i know very little about computers and the strange decisions they decide to present to me so if you can help I woul dbe eternally grateful!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204631/a-white-vetical-line-popped-up-on-the-left-side-of-my-screen/
Relevancy 68.37%

I regularly use my Laptop Lenovo Y560i from last 2 years but today when i tried to start it shows a logo of lenovo and then goes black with white line blinking on the top of the left corner i kept it turn on for more then 2 hours but nothing happens please someone suggest me what can i do?

A:My laptop's screen is gone black with a white line blinking on the top left corner

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Firstly: try to boot in Safe mode ( Press F8 during startup and select safemode) Does it boot normaly now?

Also: when pressing F8 during startup you could also get the option to "Repair your computer". Click that and go to startup repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptops-screen-is-gone-black-with-a-white-line-blinking-on-the-top-left-corner-672103.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I got my Lenovo Y50 since last year now. Yesterday night, When I was using it the screen was flickering, then afterewards there was an Horizontal red line which appear. I restart and shut it down. But it remains, any solution?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Red-horizontal-Line/td-p/3393518
Relevancy 64.5%

When I boot up win 98, I get approx. 50 white lines dancing across my screen.
I have a 17" Viewsonic VG175 monitor.
The white lines dance for up to an hour, diminishing little by little until they are all gone.
I dont know if this is a software problem or a monitor problem.
Has anyone come across this freaky thing before?
Thanks for you help in this mystery.
JORDWAR2

A:horizontal white lines

Hi JORDWAR2
Next time you power up try booting up in safe mode which will use a different (default) driver and see if the lines are there. If the lines are still there in safe mode try the monitor on a different system to see if the problem occurs there. It sounds like a monitor problem to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/horizontal-white-lines.125383/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi!

So I have an Acer (ugh) monitor which is a few years old. About two years ago I had a problem where there was a white (semi transparent) line that ran across the monitor about 1/3 of the way down the screen. It appears even on the Acer boot screen (i.e. before it gets video) so it should be a hardware problem with the screen.

It isn't black so it's not dead pixels, and it doesn't seem like stuck pixels either. It's almost like it's the connector at the side of the screen or something? I don't know too much about how precisely LCD monitors work though.

Does anyone have any ideas other than "buy another monitor" or "put up with it"? I'd greatly appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks!

A:Horizontal line on monitor

If you don't want to buy another monitor or put up with it then your only other option is to open the monitor up and look around. I would say its probably not a loose cable(you would have a much more noticeable issue if it were that). It could simply be a electronics failure or even a damaged cable. I believe most Acer monitors have a 3 year warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horizontal-line-on-monitor.155486/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ever since I got this notebook all I've had are problems and HP has never been able to resolve a background on wants a HP me show a white to line white single problem It's like the warranty is completely meaningless They didn't even replace defective parts let alone replace the entire notebook I've had problems with the hard disk and was told we can't solve this problem as this is a problem with every envy notebook HP wants me to show a white line on a white background I've had a problem where dust is building up inside the screen between the screen and the external glass cover and I was told I need to send the notebook to HP wants me to show a white line on a white background the service centre even though I have an on-site at home service warranty for effing years nbsp This one time one HP tech even told me ENVY NOTEBOOKS DON'T SUPPORT VLC PLAYER YOU MUST PLAY MULTIMEDIA USING WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ALONE nbsp NOW I have a white line appearing on the top corner of the screen and HP said I need to take a picture of the problem in the BIOS The BIOS itself has a white background How can I click a picture of a white line on a white background If I write with white ink on a white paper can anyone read it I explained this precisely and was told Since the issue is not present in BIOS we need to check if this can be covered in the warranty WELL THE ISSUE IS PRESENT IN THE BIOS IT S JUST THAT IT CANNOT BE SEEN AS IT S WHITE ON WHITE AND YOU WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND NOT REPLACE MY LCD The issue is present in live linux USB sticks as well All you need to reproduce it is a DARK BACKGROUND nbsp This is ridiculous it's like HP is doing everything it can to screw its customers Show me a white line on a white background If you cannot we won't respect the warranty nbsp Can a moderator HP employee please look into it At this point I would like a system exchange I am done with this computer Problems are all I've had with it and HP has done nothing didn't replace a single part in the computer They know I need the computer and hence as a last resort they ask me to return the computer to the service centre If I must drop the computer at the service centre then what's the point of an on-site warranty This is blatant false advertising nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-wants-me-to-show-a-white-line-on-a-white-background/td-p/5726273
Relevancy 64.07%

On Monday, I moved my desktop to my mates' house so we could game together. It was fine.

On Tuesday, I moved my desktop back home. I plugged it bak into my screen and turned it on. The first few start-up attempts, my screen just said 'No Signal,' which made me think that I'd forgotten to connect something in particular. However, it began the start-up process on the fourth or fifth attempt. But instead of the regular start-up, I had this.

And then that would repeat twice or thrice more. Eventually it took me to the start-up repair screen. I've used a system restore and I've reset my PC with files kept.

Since then all I've gotten is 'No Signal.'

Any ideas what I've done?

A:Horizontal white bars whenever I start up.

Check that the graphics card is firmly seated.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60567-horizontal-white-bars-whenever-i-start-up.html
Relevancy 63.64%

In FP 2002 (using Windows XP), I am able to set the length of a horizontal line and justify it right, left or center. Is there some way that I can move the line manually so that it is somewhere between left and center? Thanks

A:Front Page-Horizontal Line

I'm sometimes able to highlight an object other than text & click font>paragraph,& move it as you would the text. Hope it works for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-page-horizontal-line.395475/
Relevancy 63.64%

I get a lot of pictures that have a horizontal line and the picture is distorted (above the horizontal line the picture looks fine but below the horizontal line the picture is distorted). The picture looks fine on the camera but it screwed up on my pc and when I try to print. I tried to include an example of one of the pictures but there is a 300kb limit and all of my pictures are larger. I've had this happen with multiple cameras as well as different sd cards. Anyone know what causes this or what the proper name is for this issues? I'd like to browse the manufacture website but I'm not sure what I should be searching for.

Relevancy 63.64%

I own a dell inspiron 1545 laptop. it has a bright green horizontal line going down the middle of the screen. There is only one thin line. If anyone know how to fix this please help. Thank you - Austin

A:green horizontal line on laptop

I assume that it is there when you are in the BIOS and during booting etc? If so, and it's under warranty, send it back

Otherwise you would have to take it apart and likely replace the LCD panel which would be a major chore unless you were an EE or an assembler.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199782-green-horizontal-line-laptop.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all.

When I opened word to day to write a letter, a horizontal line has appeared on the left hand side of the page and simply moves down everytime I press return. Could you tell me what this is and how I remove it.

Many thanks

Paul

A:A Horizontal Line Has Appeared In Word

Hi Paul.See if this does anything for ya.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126397/a-horizontal-line-has-appeared-in-word/
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi first post here I've got a reasonably good PC I self assembled about months ago Everything has been going well barring the odd BSOD For the last month or so occasionally white horizontal lines appear on my screens and the PC becomes unresponsive If I was playing music when this occurs an irritating mono-tonic sound comes from the speakers I have to power down the PC with the power button From the white lines I think it's a Graphics Card issue but it doesn't crashes appearing white PC with lines horizontal happen consistently and can happen even when I'm not utilising it much - just browsing the Internet rather than playing video games I did a search but couldn't find anything similar so I'm asking for help I noticed you guys ask for a Speccy snapshot amp a PC crashes with white horizontal lines appearing MiniToolBox result with list last Event Viewer Errors List Installed Programs List Users etc ticked Speccy scan can be found here The results of the MiniToolBox scan are below MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Exodus administrator on - - at Running from C Users Exodus Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl WmiApRpl failed The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl WmiApRpl failed The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl WmiApRpl failed The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl WmiApRpl failed The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl WmiApRpl failed The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when ... Read more

A:PC crashes with white horizontal lines appearing

Not sure whether or not bumping is allowed, apologies if it is. Still seeking assistance..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537250/pc-crashes-with-white-horizontal-lines-appearing/
Relevancy 63.21%

Monitor- LG Flatron W2353
Graphics card- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost
GeForce driver version- 347.09

Just a note- I am using two monitors, the other one does not have any horizontal white lines.
I don't know if I need to list any other specs.

Recently I purchased this monitor off of ebay, it was used. I used it for about a 2 months then these horizontal white lines showed up. It was fine because there was barley any, but recently it has been getting worse. Here is a picture of what it is. (Below)

If you know what to do, please tell me. If it is a long process it would be nice if you could direct me to a tutorial because I am not super good at just reading steps. Thank you!

A:Horizontal white lines on my LG Flatron W2353

One guess i would have is the cable being used, try changing the cable, if have another to try it with or cable could even be loose, looks to me like might be interference.

If running 2 monitors, what type of cables, setup always been this way and is done correctly,before this ebay bought monitor ?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/59758-horizontal-white-lines-my-lg-flatron-w2353.html
Relevancy 63.21%

It was a normal day with me playing Counter Strike Global Offensive . Suddenly my monitor went in all colors .Like alot of pixels and my game got laggy .Then when i exit the game . My GPU *video card* crushed . Now all i see in my desktop is white lines everywhere . What can i do ? I tried to clean my video card and reinstall it but nothing happens .
Also if i go to advance settings from screen resolution , i can't see the adapter name or anything from there. It's blank

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/393055-white-horizontal-lines-display-problem.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,

Out of nowhere, I now have 3 very thin horizontal white lines towards the top of my LCD monitor that go all the way across the screen. I have no idea where they came from but I just noticed them today. My monitor is 3 1/2 years old. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how I might be able to fix it? I've tried restarting the computer, but they're still there.

Thanks for your help!

A:3 thin horizontal white lines out of nowhere on LCD monitor

Are the lines always there, even when you first turn on the computer, or does it only happen when you get into Windows (assuming your running Windows)?

What is the make and model of you PC and how old is it?
Have you ever opened up the PC and cleaned it out to get rid of dust?

My first thoughts would be that either the monitor or graphics card are on the way out, however check that the cables are all connected securely to be sure aswell.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-thin-horizontal-white-lines-out-of-nowhere-on-lcd-monitor.918207/
Relevancy 62.78%

Thanks in advance for helping here, because I am at a loss as to how to fix this. . .

I have a Panasonic 35" TV. I have a coaxial cable connected to the back input. Occasionally, the screen picture will go black, with a single line of compressed video appearing across the middle of the screen. The sound is unaffected. If I jiggle the coaxial cable slightly, usually by pushing or pulling it slightly, the problem goes away. Until I let go of the cable.

And yes, the coaxial cable is firmly screwed into the input jack.

The input jack at the back of the TV set does seem to have a little play. The metal plate containing the input jack moves slightly when pushed or pulled, and this restores the picture.

Thanks, Chris.

Relevancy 62.78%

I got a toshiba NB 550D-11D some weeks ago.
It was very slow from the beginning.

Then the ventilator started to be switched on all the time and now I can see a horizontal line in the middle of my monitor.

Is there anything I can do before asking waranty?

Thank you,
Isa

A:NB 550D-11D - horizontal line in the middle of my monitor

Hi

I?m afraid the issue is related to an hardware problem.
Either the internal display is affected or the graphic chip on the motherboard is faulty.
In both cases the hardware needs to be replaced?
Therefore you should get in contact with an service partner available in your country to get this fixed?
Hopefully your warranty is valid?

Good luck

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67021-NB-550D-11D-horizontal-line-in-the-middle-of-my-monitor
Relevancy 62.78%

Windows XP
1 posts​

unwanted horizontal line in Word 2010 ​
My OS is Windows XP and I've recently upgraded to Word 2010. ​
In a large Word file I keep having a problem with an unwanted horizontal line appearing randomly thoughout the file. Can't delete it, no matter what I try. It does show up when you print. It is as wide as the margins of the page. My format is left justified and the copy is single-spaced.​
I've tried the obvious, like making sure there are no borders, etc. but to no avail.​
It probably does have something to do with file size, since I've not seen it happen in smaller files.​
Anyone have a clue?​
Thanks,
Stephanie ​

A:Word 2010 unwanted horizontal line

Perhaps THIS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2010-unwanted-horizontal-line.974550/
Relevancy 62.78%

OK I have Windows Premium -bit and a SAPPHIRE HD GB GDDR OC with Boost video card installed When I have cable on the back of the video card connected to a monitor all is well When I connect is when the issue shows itself I currently have my television as a nd monitor via HDMI 2 with line Issues with Video lag... monitors horizontal - cable My computer's main monitor is connected via DVI cable I've tried other cables same type and display port to no avail When Video Issues with 2 monitors - horizontal line with lag... I attempt to watch a movie from my computer to my TV I get a horizontal line in the video with a VERY slight lag between the two sides When I disconnect my Video Issues with 2 monitors - horizontal line with lag... main monitor the line disappears on the TV The line is not on the main monitor just the TV I've even tried different TVs same problem I believe it's something within Windows because I've had this same issue with other video cards I've tried uninstalling the video drivers and using windows drivers instead but issue remains If you make the video screen smaller so you can still see the desktop and click on the box to drag it along the horizontal line part of the box that intersects the line slightly drags behind the rest of the box I've even tried disabling Aero I know I rambled trying to explain my issue but I hope someone reading it can identify this problem and help with a solution

A:Video Issues with 2 monitors - horizontal line with lag...

Quote: Originally Posted by JFC15

OK... I have Windows 7 Premium 64-bit and a SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 OC with Boost video card installed.When I have 1 cable on the back of the video card connected to a monitor, all is well. When I connect 2 is when the issue shows itself. I currently have my television as a 2nd monitor via HDMI cable. My computer's main monitor is connected via DVI cable. I've tried other cables (same type and display port), to no avail. When I attempt to watch a movie from my computer to my TV, I get a horizontal line in the video with a VERY slight lag between the two sides. When I disconnect my main monitor, the line disappears on the TV. The line is not on the main monitor, just the TV. I've even tried different TVs... same problem. I believe it's something within Windows 7 because I've had this same issue with other video cards. I've tried uninstalling the video drivers and using windows drivers instead, but issue remains. If you make the video screen smaller so you can still see the desktop and click on the box to drag it along the horizontal line, part of the box that intersects the line slightly drags behind the rest of the box. I've even tried disabling Aero.

I know I rambled trying to explain my issue... but I hope someone reading it can identify this problem and help with a solution.

I have exactly the same issue, but I put it down to the fact that i'm running in single display performance mode with my Nvidia card, to fix this, I set my initial display to only show on this monitor (1 or 2, within options from desktop), this gets rid of any tearing and cleans up the image with no lag or delay.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/355008-video-issues-2-monitors-horizontal-line-lag.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a HP ENVY 23-c1 10xt AiO (Lavaca3-SB)PCUS and there is a horizontal line across the monitor.  It happened yesterday.

A:horizontal line across the monitor. It happened yesterday.

Hello javajohn23, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  I understand a horzontal line appeared on your display yesterday and you are requiring assistance in getting rid of it. I am recommending that you review and follow the steps set out in the HP Support document: Display Quality Issues. I think you want to focus your attention on the section Solid horizontal or vertical red, green, or blue line. I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/horizontal-line-across-the-monitor-It-happened-yesterday/td-p/3571729
Relevancy 62.78%

I really need help..
I cant boot up my computer.. i have windows XP pro
when I'm turn on the computer... its show a lot of blue horizontal line.. and after that show a lot of a ex: aaaaaaaaaaaaa inwhole screen.. i dont know why... and it cant start the windows.. I really need help.. before this happend... when i turn on the computer said that upgrade bios.. or something like that..
so please need your help..

My computer:
2.53 Ghz Pentium 4
845G max MSI mainboard
512mb pc2100 DDR ram
video and sound card onboard
40GB Matrox Hard Drive
DVD and CDRW
Windows XP pro

I build it like a month ago.. and its work fine... and yesterday i got this happend.. so please help me.. I also always check virus.. so its virus free.. I update the bios.. but still not working..
please help me as soon as possible..

thanks for reading and helping..

Relevancy 62.35%

When I got this used computer the recede that to ... on startup bottom horizontal lines White the first time I fired it up the monitor had white horizontal lines running about way up the screen As I sat there for about a minute they slowly receded to the bottom of the screen and didn t reappear I wrote it off to a driver glitch or some piece of hardware getting settled in nbsp I turn a laptop completely off when I know I m done using it for the day I ve noticed that this computer has the white horizontal lines if the computer is shut down for any length of time longer than a few hours The longer the computer is left off the higher up the screen the white lines go when it s turned back on nbsp I think it may be important to note that if I leave it in sleep mode and shut the lid it never has this issue I never use hibernate so don t know what it does then White horizontal lines on startup that recede to the bottom ... Also when there's a large block of white on the screen I can't see or access anything behind it None of my icons are visible where it is white and nothing can be clicked on The computer goes through its normal startup and the lines just keep slowly receding until they hit the bottom of the screen and the computer operates normally after that - for now nbsp Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this issue It s not a major concern right now because I can just put the computer to sleep when it s not in use but I d like to know if it sounds like the graphics card or something major is going bad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-horizontal-lines-on-startup-that-recede-to-the-bottom/td-p/5615112
Relevancy 62.35%

In random locations, at random times, my screen will flicker white lines across it with varying frequency. It because most frequent when at high RAM usage, just turned on, or charging at full battery for awhile. I tried sending it back once for repairs, but after a two month wait, it failed. I requested another repair, but tomorrow being my deadline, I believe I am unable to send it back once more. I attempted to contact warranty support, but after filling in my serial number thousands of times, the site believes I am possession of a Vibe series C phone. Is there any way I can fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

A:Lenovo y50-70 thin flashing horizontal white lines...

Hi One3 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This solution may help from this article :

Update BIOS to V3.03 9ECN43WW (or later version). http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS100998
Update the Intel VGA driver.
Change the Panel Self-Refresh setting to ?disable? in the Intel HD Graphics control panel. (some versions do not have Panel Self-Refresh setting, skip this step.)

If the issue persists, hardware defective is highly detected. Please contact Lenovo local support center for hardware troubleshoot.

If the serial number would show mismatch from the website,  verify again from the label or use the auto detect feature but if that fails , provide a direct call to tech support . You may have the issue also documented that this behavior is an issue you noticed before warranty expires specially if the above solution did not work. 

English  24 hours a day 7 days/week1-877-4-Lenovo, 1-877-453-6686 Schedule a Callback for faster support

Update us how things go.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-70-thin-flashing-horizontal-white-lines-warranty/td-p/3313775
Relevancy 62.35%

Good evening all I've been troubleshooting this for months This BSOD has been mostly random but can be more often reproduced during act transitions in Diablo III although it seems to have thrown it less often recently Sometimes it can happen after browsing in chrome or watching videos online where square artifacts white on horizontal 0x00000116, lines sometimes rebot BSOD will appear and it will black screen then blue screen White horizontal lines are sometimes present on reboot but if I safely restart before booting all the way I can have a clean boot with no artifacts and then likely have a few hours of use or more Through endless browsing of other threads I seem to have narrowed it down to either the PSU or my GTX being faulty I've tried testing out the GTX BSOD 0x00000116, sometimes horizontal white lines on rebot for a while in games and watching videos simultaneously in a friend's machine with a Corsair W TX vs BSOD 0x00000116, sometimes horizontal white lines on rebot my Thermaltake W and it was doing perfectly for a bit but there are days where I can do that on my machine as well with no issues I did switch the cables to the auxiliary ports on my PSU going to the card instead of the ones coming out from inside the PSU -- this seemed to help marginally I've toyed with all sorts of drivers the most stable being EVGA rejected my attempt at a RMA so before I buy a new PSU hoping it's not the card if someone could analyze the attached report alongside my listed system specs I would appreciate that greatly Thanks so much for your time David

A:BSOD 0x00000116, sometimes horizontal white lines on rebot

Hi sansseraph.

A stop 0x116 is a display/graphics related issue. You rightly identified the problem.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Also, is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8007273010, fffff880051406ac, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9336ac )

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8007273010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880051406ac, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+9336ac
fffff880`051406ac 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0554ea48 fffff880`05315140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`07273010 fffff880`051406ac ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0554ea50 fffff880`052e8867 : fffff880`051406ac fffffa80`08571000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`0554ea90 fffff880`05314f4f : 00000000`ffffd84d fffff800`00b96080 fffffa80`07273010 fffff880`053e3f3c : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`0554eb40 fffff880`053e403d : fffffa80`081e0560 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`083ff010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`0554ebc0 fffff800`0397673a : 00000000`0364952b fffffa80`0820cb50 fffffa80`069fb6f0 fffffa80`0820cb50 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`0554ec00 fffff800`036cb8e6 : fffff800`03855e80 fffffa80`0820cb50 fffff800`03863cc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`0554ec40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+9336ac
fffff880`051406ac 4055 push rbp

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+9336ac

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 51427b3c

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x116_image_nvlddmkm.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {1f9e0448-3238-5868-3678-c8e526bb1edc}

---------

5: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333448-bsod-0x00000116-sometimes-horizontal-white-lines-rebot.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Whenever I play a video or run a game, white flickering horizontal lines start appearing on the screen, is there a way to make this stop?

A:Horizontal white flickering lines when playing a video

What are your computer specs. Look at my specs in the drop-down box in the upper right corner of my posts to give you an idea what we need...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horizontal-white-flickering-lines-when-playing-a-video.165556/
Relevancy 61.92%

Good People,
Add me to the list of people who don't like the new ribbon.

Before with 2007 I could insert a horizontal line of a certain width AND NOT using the auto option where 3 equals turns into a horizontal line. Now in 2010 the most I can get a minimal width horizontal line.

I do not want to use one of the "graphic" selections. How do I put a 5 point horizontal line on a page. I like these simple things as separators.

Please only respond if you have actually done this on WORD 2010.

Oh yes, must clarify I'm working with the beta version of Word 2010.

A:word 2010 insert horizontal line & not automatically

Hello Karl.

On the home tab, expand borders.

Click on horizontal line.

Rt. click the new horizontal line and select format horizontal line.

Should show you this box.

Haven't figured out how to make a dashed or dotted line yet.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/79037-word-2010-insert-horizontal-line-not-automatically.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Asides the fact that refresh rate REFUSES to go to 60 in both desktop and nvidia control panel, every time i reboot if i move anything on the dekstop left to right on the top of the screen i can see it like if one part of the window of what I'm moving lagging behind like if the vertical refresh is off or something. Once i go to nvidia control panel change the resolution to something different then go back to 1920x1200 the issue goes away... Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-refresh-rate-desktop-horizontal-line-430194.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am using Word 2007 and am preparing some company accounts.

Each page has a title ( not strictly a header ) under which I would like to appear a horizontal line , the width of which would be the width of the text that appears in the body of the page.

Each page also has a page number as an automatically incremented footer and I would like to see a horizontal line above it , similar to that below the title as described above.

I know it can be done as I have seen sets of accounts done in this fashion and I am sure that it is an easy thing to achieve ........... when you know how !!

Does anyone know how ?

Relevancy 61.92%

I have a document that has a random horizontal line at the bottom of one page (above the footer). There is no shading or borders in the document. I cannot select the line (it appears to be in a text box, but I can't select the text box either). I need to remove the line. It is only one one page. This is in Word on a Windows XP operating system.

A:Solved: Random horizontal line that can't select or delete

If you can't select the line why not select everything else on the page and cut and paste that to a new replacement page and then delete the old page with just the line left on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-random-horizontal-line-that-cant-select-or-delete.906384/
Relevancy 61.92%

hi i have identical hp w flat help on faded monitor-need ! hpw2007 line 4"horizontal screen monitors they are both installed on identical gateway yr old PC s with xp one monitor is upstairs and mine is downstairs mine works perfectly they one upstairs lets call it monitor has developed a bright or washed out bright horizontal line about quot tall-going across the entire screen along with this problem it doesn t have true black more of a black brown faded 4"horizontal line on hpw2007 monitor-need help ! faded on all black screens Mine monitor is perfect monitor started having issues with not holding a preferred setting it wouldn t hold resolution size or brightness contrast and other settings i have uninstalled the new monitor and software and reinstalled it i faded 4"horizontal line on hpw2007 monitor-need help ! have tried all the monitor adjustments i have tried to match resolutions and setting to my perfect monitor nothing works from day one it only had one oddity there was a white shadow around the arrow pointer cursor my monitor never had that i couldn t even make my pointer cursor do that does anyone think it has a burned out band quot across the monitor what are these new crystal clear view flat screens like inside Anyone think there is anything i can do could it be a bad video card or just a blown new monitor thanks for all the help i can sure use it jagzz nbsp

A:faded 4"horizontal line on hpw2007 monitor-need help !

Either take it in to have it looked at or buy another monitor. If it is under warranty you may be able to have it replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faded-4-horizontal-line-on-hpw2007-monitor-need-help.86904/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have this dark horizontal line that appears in windows explorer every time I'm in a window, It appears right at the bottom of the navigation bar, its not glaring though, just that its distracting and every time I hover around it, I See the "move" cursor which doesn't do anything. How do I get rid of this line please? It was never there as at the last time I restarted my PC.

A:Horizontal Line Separator Windows Explorer Navigation Bar

Hello Feyisayo,

Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing this to see if it may help ID the issue.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums
For now, do you have the latest video driver installed?

Does refreshing (F5) or jiggling the window help any?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35322-horizontal-line-separator-windows-explorer-navigation-bar.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I m not sure if my monitor is dying or my gpu is dying But anyways Last week I turned on my computer and I noticed that I have a shadow gray horizontal line moving from the top to the bottom of my monitor I have no idea why or how this came about Its easier to see on a white background I sent my computer to repair shop to test everything and have a PC tune-up everything checked out alright These lines appear in BIOs so its not a driver issue I have tried updating my video card drivers that line horizontal gray moving monitor from hadow didn t solve anything I have hadow gray horizontal line moving from monitor try changing the resolution that didn t work I even tried changing the refresh rate and that just made it worst Almost looks like the monitor is flicking My computer is self built system less than two years old System specs cpu - AMD Phenom ii x RAM - GB Patriot G-Series DDR Hard drive - Western Digitak Blue GB GPU - EVGA core Motherboard - Asus M N -D Power Supply - Kingwin Lazer w OS - Vista bit nbsp

A:hadow gray horizontal line moving from monitor

Sounds like the monitor has a problem.....the best way to test it is to borrow another monitor and try it or try the bad monitor on another PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hadow-gray-horizontal-line-moving-from-monitor.951220/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Everyone I'm Mariano from Argentina this is my first post everything alright nbsp I write this to tell my problem or detail i recently purchased a used Lenovo R Thinkpad that i like very much i love the look characteristics processor is very good i put it gb of ram it goes really well i paid ... - R400 horizontal Thinkpad at Lenovo line problem it very cheap nbsp But I have a little problem the seller told me about it and show me the thing the display lcd shows a little horizontal line that comes and goes seconds in and seconds nbsp out is on the bottom on the screen but the machine is working great the rest of the screen is working absolutely amazing no problem at all it's only that line that comes and goes is a little detail sometimes you see it and sometimes you can't even realize that is there i take the display off but is not the flex i guess i move it and is not a question of move it the question is anyone knows what exactly is and how can i take it off If anyone can help me i would be pleased with that nbsp nbsp Thanks very much Lenovo Thinkpad R400 - horizontal line problem at ... guys

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Lenovo-Thinkpad-R400-horizontal-line-problem-at-the-bottom-of/td-p/3356418
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, recently my computer has been crashing to a white or black screen with horizontal colored lines (colors are of whatever color screen i was on.) At this point i have to think this is a hardware issue and am suspecting my graphics card but want to make sure before i run out and buy another one.

Emachines EL1200-05w
AMD Athlon 2650
Nvidia Gforce 6150SE
2.7GB DDR2 Ram
Thanks

A:Comp crashes to white/black with horizontal colored lines

Sounds like the card. Overheating may be a problem. Make sure fans are turning (if any), dust is removed and vents are clear. If an add-on card, remove it from its slot and reseat it, especially if the machine has been moved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-crashes-to-white-black-with-horizontal-colored-lines.1027472/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi guys.

I recently got a new 34" samsung LCD curved monitor that costs about ?750 but the problem i'm having with it is, what exactly the title says! When i turn my monitor on thats when i get those white staticy lines moving upwards and my screen is awfull blurry like the desktop icons. Screen resolution is set to NATIVE refresh rate 60hz as its only a 60hz monitor. This doesn't happen alot mind you its kinda random last time was about 3-4 weeks ago maybe? Next time i will provide pictures.

Windows 7

GTX 780

Power cable is plugged into the main socket

A:White static lines horizontal moving vertically upwards

HDMI/DVI? Would it fix if you power cycle TV?

Try:
- another data cable
- another GPU port
- another TV port

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381933-white-static-lines-horizontal-moving-vertically-upwards.html
Relevancy 61.92%

in a big problem my phone was first proper after hard reset my phone shows dip;ay covered with white horizontal lines need help,,,,,thanx in advance

A:need help .......my lumia 520 display is fully covered with white horizontal lines need help

dumb question, but have you restarted the phone first?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433881-need-help-my-lumia-520-display-fully-covered-white-horizontal-lines-need-help.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hi I recently brought a Acer aspire one d -n dqkk running windows starter I downloaded the latest Ubuntu desktop image and used a program to install it so I could test it before installing it so in effect I could boot win or Ubuntu I liked what I sore and when I tried to install ubuntu I got a error install failure just after the partition settings of the install wizard the computer restarted and when I tried horizontal line start help on at up left needed blinking corner top to boot win it wouldn't start so I run start up repair and let it do its thing but it came back with failure to fix when It started it did the following it loads the Acer logo and bios menu then blank lit up screen with blinking white horizontal line in top left hand corner and will no longer bring up startup manager or anything has no beeping sounds at all when it gets to this point I think I might have accidentally wiped the windows partition when installing Ubuntu blinking horizontal line at start up on top left corner help needed any help would be greatly appreciated PS I have created a bootable winxp USB flash drive using Rufus and set bios to boot from usb but it has options USB FDD USB CDROM and USB HDD tryed all USB options and it won't go past blinking line it worked perfect before Ubuntu install and the hard drive is brand new

A:blinking horizontal line at start up on top left corner help needed

It sounds like what you were trying to do is to dual boot Windows and Linux?  

If that is true, Linux is very anal in terms of how you do this.  

You have to install OSs in a specific order.  First, do Windows - oldest OS to newest OS, then you have to do Linux last.  

Unfortunately, you can't just create a partition on your hard drive and install Linux to that.  

Assuming no issues with the hard drive itself, I'd pull the data from it by attaching it with a SATA and data cables to another PC, then put your data on a removable storage device of appropriate size (USB hard drive, flash drive, etc.).  

On this hard drive, erase all hard drive partitions and start over.  

This is why I refuse to use Linux as an OS - sure it's nice and secure but that's only because there isn't enough market share for criminals to make it worth their while to grab the source code and devise malware or viruses from there.  

It's a huge hassle to install, however, if you plan on using it.   

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597440/blinking-horizontal-line-at-start-up-on-top-left-corner-help-needed/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all thanks for clicking my photo horizontal wallpaper on line Pro Surface 3 flickering Desktop thread I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro brand new with Intel HD Graphics Desktop wallpaper photo horizontal line flickering on Surface Pro 3 I used the Intel Driver Update Utility and it indicates that no drivers are available for my product though I did notice that my current display Desktop wallpaper photo horizontal line flickering on Surface Pro 3 adapter driver version is not one of the listed in the sticky on this forum There is a peculiar problem with the display Right when I booted up the device for the first time I got one of those quot Display drivers stopped working but recovered quot error messages and then I noticed some flickering horizontal lines appearing up and down the right third of the screen After a little investigation I found out that it only occurs when the desktop is visible visible whatsoever even if there is a window open obscuring a little of the desktop but not maximized fully so as to allow part of the desktop to be visible and when the desktop features a wallpaper photo If I switch the desktop to a solid color there's no problem But if I use a photo as I like to do and if the desktop is allowed to show the flickering continues I'm linking to a phone video that shows the problem because I haven't been able to figure out the Windows screen capture software yet It's hard to describe in any way other than quot horizontal lines flickering quot I'm hopeful that this isn't a serious issue because it's only happening in such a narrow set of circumstances I'd really like to not have to send this pretty device back so soon Thanks again for stopping by to read about my issue

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/62963-desktop-wallpaper-photo-horizontal-line-flickering-surface-pro-3-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

When I started my laptop this morning, a purple line about 5mm from the bottom of the screen, running through the middle of the taskbar was there. Then the top 5mm of my screen started flashing beneath this line. I scanned my laptop and no problems were found. I know that lines running through the screen can mean the screen is broken, but I'm not sure why the top of the screen flashes at the bottom if that were the case.
I have a HP latop, product: compaq 6530b. I recently updated to Windows 7
Any help would be great. I'd like to know if I can fix the problem myself or if I have to take it in to be fixed.
Thank you!

edit: the line is there right from startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/purple-line-at-bottom-of-screen-and-top-of-screen-flashes-beneath-line.1005842/
Relevancy 56.76%

When I start up my laptop I have this white line on the side of my screen and the rest of the screen is black
I've tried pressing f12 when the laptop turns on but it doesn't work

A:White line

Hi,

What laptop do you have? It would be much helpful to anyone here who might be able to help if you could provide more additional information about your laptop and other specifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-line.202185/
Relevancy 56.33%

Built a computer for a friend and he called and said he has a white line running horizontaly on his 19 inch lcd monitor.said it is on lower left and dont run all the way across.strange thing is he claims it is only on his desktop.when go to website like msn it is gone.he changed desktops and it is still there.seems odd to me.he has a 9550 video card and his monitor is hooked up to dvi.If i remember right the motherboard is an abit NF7-S.I'm stumped at the moment.I know it happened after his daughter was on it.Any ideas anyone?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys,

I have an acer LCD monitor, and recently I noticed a horizontal white line appearing approx 1/4 of the way down the screen. It changes colours somewhat when it has a different coloured background.

It is still there when the logo appears from acer BEFORE it starts displaying from my computer. It's 1.5 years old, but I only have a 1 year warranty.

Is there any way I can fix it? Thanks!!

A:White line on monitor

You can have a failing video graphics adapter, or a failing monitor/screen. Best thing to do is trade out monitors first. Then replace the drivers.
Be sure you have a clean system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-line-on-monitor.104426/
Relevancy 56.33%

For no apparent reason a band of white that fades at the edges now appears down the centre of my display. It comes and goes when I log on/off, I'm sure the display is fine as it's brand new. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced a virus or worm that would cause this.
The display is a 19" HANNS-G using a DVI cable to connect. I'm new to this so I'm hoping I've posted OK.

Mod edit - Email removed to protect from spam bots

A:White Line Down Display

Hi mickbenn,

Try a new driver(s). Look for new drivers for your video card and display and try that first.
Try reseating the video card and reconnect all cables.

One word about something being new... it doesn't mean it cannot fail. In my experiences, parts fail very early - dead out of box/dead in a month - or the fail after being in service for a while. (Of course there is the occasional lightning kill ) If you can try your display on another computer, or try another display on your computer, that will help rule out parts.

I hope this helps...

rigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67093/white-line-down-display/