Windows Support Forum

Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

Q: Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

New to the thread.... not sure if i'm posting right, soo correct me if u want =)
Anyway.. yesterday I turned my computer on and got the screen "Sorry for the convenience blah blah blah... Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode...ect.
I chose Start Windows Normally, which did indeed start windows normally, but I wasn't sure what caused this problem in the first place, so i ignored it. I turned my computer off.

Later i turned my computer back on and was confronted by another screen, this time a Blue screen.. A Stop error, can't exactly remember the error, but said something about "memory dump'...
I eventually got avoided a problem with this screen and got into windows.. However this morning, when i turn the computer on, I was forced to use 'Last Known Good Configuration"

Whats going on? I did scans on Norton, Adaware & Spybot.

Please help!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

Hi Kirstie, computers are great when they work huh? These stop errors and blue screens of death can have many causes. Sometimes they occur when a computer is getting older and some piece of hardware is going bad, like a memory stick for instance. Other times these errors occur after installing a new program or doing a windows update. They can be quite difficult to pin down sometimes as well. I would be glad to help you find the cause of the error if you will answer a few questions for me. By answering these questions I should be able to determine the cause and help you to correct it.

Here are some questions for you to answer that will help me. Just answer them the best you can and if you dont know an answer its ok. If you already answered anything I'm asking in your first post just skip over it.

1). What kind of computer do you have? Laptop? Desktop? Dell, HP, Ect?
2). Whats your level of experience? Novice, intermediate, expert, or dont know squat?
3). What operating system are you using? Xp Home or XP Pro?
4). What antivirus are you using? Are you using a firewall?
5) Please tell us a little about your computer. How old is your computer? What size Hard drive does it have?, processor, ram, Bios ver. Ect.
6). Do you have an Xp disk for this computer?
7). Does your computer have a floppy drive, CD drive, Ect.?
8). Do you have access to another working computer with an internet connection?
9). Did you noticed this problem occuring after installing anything recently?
10). Has your computer done a windows update recently?
11). Have you made any changes to the computer recently? Hardware or software?

and anything else that might help us help you. Remember we are trying to help from a forum so all we have to go on is what you can tell us.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu when your computer is working correctly and you are through with this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-black-screen-stop-error-code-520585.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hello Techguys,

Re: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - STOP: 0X00000050 (0XE0836517, 0X00000000, 0X820D0050, 0X00000002)

I am hoping that you can help me. i was using my acer aspire 5720 laptop on Sunday and when i turned it back on later that day my computer would not fully start. My laptop will start, go to the welcome screen and then crash.

I get a blue screen pop up with:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP: 0X00000050 (0XE0836517, 0X00000000, 0X820D0050, 0X00000002)

I downloaded the memtest89 iso link and saved it to disk and put it in my laptop and then press F2 to move the cdrom boot up first, but it is not working.

Can you please help me, as i am not sure what to do next.

A:Blue Screen error code stop 0x00000050

Simple FIX is to get your window vista cd if not a iso image of it and slap it in there. It seems your windows is corrupted. Might be able to replace the corrupted file if you have the vista disc and run repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-error-code-stop-0x00000050.1047676/
Relevancy 108.36%

Stop error Code 0x000000E3 (0x81994E88, 0x81230790, 0x00000000, 0x00000002) Please help if possible.

A:Stop error Code 0x000000E3 on Blue Screen

you need to post the full bsod error
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/281317

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-error-code-0x000000e3-on-blue-screen-126109.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Dear .
I have dell inspiron 1520 .
Now a days my laptop has a error of blue screen .the error code is :
stop 0x000000F4(0x00000003,0x89A12DA0,0x89A12F14,0 x805D117A)

This error occur when i wath some thing from youtube or listing music.

i am also attaching the screen shoot of this error.

please solve my problem

Bilal Rahseed

A:Blue screen error code stop 0x000000F4

How much memory in installed?
Or it can be a driver issue. Go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager, and see if there are red, black, or yellow flags on any of the systems listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-error-code-stop-0x000000f4.148731/
Relevancy 108.36%

Hi i need some help regarding my friend pc cannot be open although in safe mode..

the error code appear is stop 0x0000006B
and when i run in safe mode it stuck at drivers\disk.sys

i already try delete Bootcat.Catch at /windows/system32/codeintegrity folder
but nothing change.

still stuck at blue screen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627692/blue-screen-error-code-stop-0x0000006b-appear/
Relevancy 108.36%

Hello New to this and NOT a computer wiz -BLUE code 0x0000008e STOP: SCREEN error at all Getting the dreaded blue screen of death regularly usually when attempting to load amp use IE with my Comcast Hi-Speed with all the usual data amp this tech info STOP x e xc x xa cc x - this code changes all the rest are constant When trying to refresh quot systems drivers quot in Device Manager automatic blue screen same when scanning with registry cleaners or McAfee gets deep into its scan Ran a MEMTEST for over hours no errors detected System Rstores fail with report there have been no changes to my computer The Windows Driver Function - User-mode Driver Framework service on local computer STOP: 0x0000008e error code -BLUE SCREEN shows an quot Error A device attached to the system is not functioning quot The Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions are enabled On my Event Viewer-System these same error events appear with each STOP: 0x0000008e error code -BLUE SCREEN crash - quot The NMS Access Service failed to start due to the following error STOP: 0x0000008e error code -BLUE SCREEN the system cannot find the path specified quot - quot The ojhddr service terminated with the following error The specified module could not be found quot - The following boot-system or system-start driver s failed to load MPFIREWL quot I suspect some malware adware but when I run a scan it always terminates with a blue screen I followed the steps outlined for removing malware with The Panda Scan it said I had to buy months of service to disinfect I held off so far Logs from Panda amp Deckard's Systems Scanner are attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/stop-0x0000008e-error-code-blue-screen-239907.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hello New to this and NOT a computer wiz at all Getting the dreaded blue screen of death regularly usually STOP: SCREEN 0x0000008e error -BLUE code when attempting to load amp use IE with my Comcast Hi-Speed with all the usual data amp this tech info STOP x e xc x xa cc x - this code changes all the rest are constant When trying to refresh quot systems drivers quot in Device Manager automatic blue screen same when scanning with registry cleaners or McAfee gets deep into its scan Ran a MEMTEST for over hours no errors detected System Rstores fail with report STOP: 0x0000008e error code -BLUE SCREEN there have been no changes to my computer The Windows Driver Function - User-mode Driver Framework service on local computer shows an quot Error A device attached to the system is not functioning quot The Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions are enabled On my Event Viewer-System these same error events appear with each crash - quot The NMS Access Service failed to start due to the following error the system cannot find the path specified quot - quot The ojhddr service terminated with the following error The specified module could not be found quot - The following boot-system or system-start driver s failed to load MPFIREWL quot I suspect some malware adware but when I run a scan it always terminates with a blue screen Uh help

A:STOP: 0x0000008e error code -BLUE SCREEN

Hello BigTimeSwingFan

Yes, MPFIREWL can be trojan which targets McAfee products

Please follow our 5 Step process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the HijackThis Log Help forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-0x0000008e-error-code-blue-screen-239714.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Getting this error, after looking for a solution I found a solution. A hotfix (Stop error code 0x0000003B (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 when you use some IEEE 1394 devices) after downloading and running it, it says that it is not applicable to my system. I selected the 64bit hotfix, i am currently running win7 Ultimate 64 bit. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

A:Blue Screen Stop error code 0x0000003B

Hello,

Please take a look at the following thread and attach the requested reports.

This will provide additional info to help diagnose your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-stop-error-code-0x0000003b-686314.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Blue Screen Crash Stop Error Code x xc xc x x Kerne STACK Screen 0x00000077 Stop Error Crash Blue Code INPAGE ERROR Hardware Disable BIOS caching or shadowing Beginning of Dump physical memory This crash occurred while de fragmenting hard drive I turned off the computer Unplugged it Opened case Found one memory not completely seated Disconnected nd HDD and one of the CD-ROMs Hooked everything back up Restarted No send report messages appeared as they usually do after a crash to send to Microsoft Still on a Blue Screen Crash Stop Error Code 0x00000077 really slow dialup here This computer is a generic custom home made model Blue Screen Crash Stop Error Code 0x00000077 OLD PROFILE Operating System System Model Windows XP Professional Service Pack build No details available Processor a Main Circuit Board b megahertz Intel Celeron kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board i BX-ITE Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space ATAPI CDROM CD-ROM drive LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR- V CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Blue Screen Crash Stop Error Code 0x00000077 Floppy drive HP Photosmart x USB Device Hard drive -- drive Maxtor W H Hard drive GB -- drive s n W H PY C rev AAH SMART Failure WDC AC D Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WT rev J OA K SMART Status Healthy Standard floppy disk controller Intel R AB EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller Intel R AB EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller Lucent Win Modem LNE TX Fast Ethernet Adapter Version RAS Async Adapter Megabytes Installed Memory Slot ' ' has MB Slot ' ' has MB Slot ' ' is Empty Slot ' ' is Empty c NTFS on drive GB GB freef FAT on drive GB GB freeg FAT on drive GB GB free HP Photosmart series on USB HP Photosmart series fax on USB HP remote printers on ISHARE ATI Technologies Inc RAGE XL AGP X Display adapter PTW Monitor quot vis February Creative Sound Blaster Plug and Play WDM Game Port for Creative Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device HP Photosmart PC AT Enhanced PS Keyboard -Key Logitech USB WheelMouse Microsoft PS Mouse NT Apm Legacy Interface Node USB Composite Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Printing Support USB Root Hub Photosmart DOT PRINT All required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary have been installed HDD SMART failure noted Floppy no longer connected due to malfunction

A:Blue Screen Crash Stop Error Code 0x00000077

[HDD SMART failure noted]
when you see this it is advanced warning the drive is on it's way out and to replace it before it goes and you lose everything
if you are not worried about losing what is on the drive
d/l and run the h/d makers diognostic utility on the hard drive
try a low level format

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-crash-stop-error-code-0x00000077-126659.html
Relevancy 106.21%

We went from Windows to Windows months ago when we kept getting the pop-up to get the free SYSTEM Screen Stop Code: Update FILE After - Error FAT Blue upgrade Yesterday while Windows was updating it would not return to the home screen but instead kept cycling on and off with the same window coming on Blue Screen Error After Update - Stop Code: FAT FILE SYSTEM Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart We'll restart for you Stop Code FAT FILE SYSTEM Can't get past it nbsp nbsp other than to the Bios nbsp Made a Windows USB Flash Drive to try to repair nbsp changed the boot order to accomodate but once it starts to install the cycle immediately starts again Can't find ANYTHING on the internet to help nbsp The drive seems to work since I had to take it out and use an SATA IDE to USB cord to pull data off it so I was able to see the drive on another computer Need help as to what to do and how to get past it nbsp Whatever you suggest I can bet I tried it nbsp Just want to format the drive using the Windows USB and get rid of everything to start anew but it won't get Blue Screen Error After Update - Stop Code: FAT FILE SYSTEM past that window nbsp This is my daughter's computer and she really needs it nbsp If anyone can help with this please help Thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Blue-Screen-Error-After-Update-Stop-Code-FAT-FILE-SYSTEM/td-p/5753198
Relevancy 106.21%

I tried to repair install vista home basic, following these rules.
When the computer rebooted during the installation, I got a blue screen with stop error code 0x0000007B (0x81803BA0, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

The computer won't boot in safe mode, nor does the last known good configuration help (I read it somewhere, that the repair install deletes the restore points).

PLEASE HELP!!!

Is Xpress recovery going to help? If so, does it have to be working (how do I know it is???)
Can I check disk from another computer and how???
Any other solution???

Thanks for your help!

Block of flats.

A:Repair Install blue screen with stop error code 0x0000007B

Welcome

If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options. Choose an option tht will not cause you to lose your stuff.

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.
Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288077-repair-install-blue-screen-stop-error-code-0x0000007b.html
Relevancy 106.21%

Blue Screen Crash Stop Error Code xc xF EC C xF xF This crash occurred when starting computer from sitting off all night The crashes are occurring more and more Do not have XP CD Floppy does not work On a really Super slow dialup Crash occurs during surf playing games typing documents etc No CD burner either One is hooked up but does not work I ended up disconnecting floppy and cd burner Seems to work a Screen Test Stop Code Needed Error Crash RAM Blue little better now Not too sure if that is the total fix Can I Blue Screen Crash Stop Error Code RAM Test Needed test the ram with a program I do not need on a floppy or cd Please help with stop error code on blue screen crash x E xc x A xF AC E x and x E xc xF c c xF xF Stop error Code x E x E x x x Thank you for allowing me to post The crash's occur various times Do not have xp cd Plus my dad needs all info on hdd What have i left out The computer is custom made One time Blue Screen Crash Stop Error Code RAM Test Needed my mom was playing the solitaire game and it crashed Error reports have been sent to MS Only one reply about BIOS upgrade May be needed No further instructions given Sometimes the crash occurs while surfing One time it occurred while typing a document Please let me know what else I need to post Thank you We are on a slow dialup with to k Really slow Operating System System Model Windows XP Professional Service Pack build VIA Technologies Inc VT C BX Processor megahertz Intel Pentium III kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Main Circuit Board Board - B- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HITACHI GD- CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Maxtor L P Hard drive GB -- drive s n L DPBAG rev BAH G SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'BANK ' has MB Slot 'BANK ' has MB Slot 'BANK ' has MB Slot 'BANK ' has MB hp deskjet c series on LPT HP DeskJet C C C C on LPT Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller Rage Fury Microsoft Corporation Display adapter KDS ions VS- i Monitor quot vis s n AAA September Adaptec AIC- PCI SCSI Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller Creative SB Live Value WDM Creative SBLive Gameport Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI WDM Game Port for Creative U S Robotics K FAX INT PnP Modem NETGEAR FA Fast Ethernet Adapter RAS Async Adapter Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Logitech USB WheelMouse USB Root Hub All required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary have been installed

A:Blue Screen Crash Stop Error Code RAM Test Needed

Every possibility it's a memory problem
try removing memory sticks leaving only one in at first

Quote:

288 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'BANK_0' has 128 MB
Slot 'BANK_1' has 64 MB
Slot 'BANK_2' has 64 MB
Slot 'BANK_3' has 32 MB

first use only 128Mb
PC will slow down a bit but still useable for most but NOT gaming purposes in the sense gaming that gamers use it.
then add the 64MB
then add the next and finally the last.

when you see that something doesn't run properly, remove it and replace it with another one then start check again.
If it is memory, probably only one stick will be faulty.

while you've got the box open give it a clean up .. but carefully.

Didn't mention it earlier but this fault reminds me of one I had this morning .. added a "new" Ram stick to an old PII 500MHz, which then brought up a BSOD without booting into windows with similar message to yours.
One of my sticks refused to play with the 'new' stick , so another replacement was put in and instead of a 128, 64 and 32, I ended up with 3*64, and it's been working ok since.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-crash-stop-error-code-ram-test-needed-126562.html
Relevancy 104.06%

This is a custom made PC While turning on computer and during loadup the Screen 0x7756FBE9 Blue Code 0x00000000, 0x00000002, Stop 0x000000D1 (0x7756BE9, Error Blue Screen Stop Error Code x D x BE x Blue Screen Stop Error Code 0x000000D1 (0x7756BE9, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x7756FBE9 x x FBE appeared Is there a fix to this stop error code Thank you so much for allowing me Blue Screen Stop Error Code 0x000000D1 (0x7756BE9, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x7756FBE9 to post Windows XP Professional Service Pack build VIA Technologies Inc VT C BX megahertz Intel Pentium III kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HITACHI GD- CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Maxtor L P Hard drive GB Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller Adaptec AIC- PCI SCSI Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller U S Robotics K FAX INT PnP Modem NETGEAR FA Fast Ethernet Adapter RAS Async Adapter Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Logitech USB WheelMouse USB Root Hub Creative SB Live Value WDM Creative SBLive Gameport Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI WDM Game Port for Creative Rage Fury Microsoft Corporation Display adapter KDS ions VS- i Monitor quot vis s n AAA September hp deskjet c series c NTFS on drive GB GB free Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'BANK ' has MB Slot 'BANK ' has MB Slot 'BANK ' has MB Slot 'BANK ' has MB Board - B- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG VIA Technologies Inc VT C BX

A:Blue Screen Stop Error Code 0x000000D1 (0x7756BE9, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x7756FBE9

Is the error not accompanied by some descriptive text in block caps such as : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ? (that line means it's a device driver issue, (bad or incompatible driver). If the system boots into safe-mode Windows without the error, it's almost certainly a driver conflict or simply a bad driver, since in safe mode only a bare minimum set of drivers are loaded, and they are all certified microsoft ones.

But the descriptive text in block caps which I referred to is just as vital as the error code itself in determining the cause.

If the error code appears during booting up it could be an indication of faulty or mis-matched RAM modules, so if you have more than one stick installed, remove them all except one, restart and see what happens. If error persists, remove that stick and replace with a different one until you've tried them all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-error-code-0x000000d1-0x7756be9-0x00000002-0x00000000-0x7756fbe9-131250.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I have read multiple postings about folks spend hours on the phone with Dell about Blue Screens of Death and Inspiron I too bought a Dell Inspiron - the First machine after installing my lexmark printer driver not only gave me blue screens but memory issues with the windows desktop not painting correctly and icons missing So I called Dell and they told me how reset the machine back to the factory settings but I still encountered the Blue screen of Death even after that and then going to standby hibernation and coming back - clicking to yahoo and checking mai Boom Blue Screen every time I called Dell and they replaced the machine with another Dell Inspiron desktop week ago I hooked up the new one and the same exact thing has happened - I restored the settings with Inspiron Stop 0x40000080 Dell 530 Screen Dell Error Code Blue again and have already had the dreaded blue screen Stop error code x even with out now installing anything Dell Blue Screen Stop Error Code 0x40000080 with Dell Inspiron 530 related to a printer all while coming back from hibernation So what I have read here is to get around this issue is to never let the machine got to standby or Hibernation is that correct or do I need driver updates why in the world I would need new drivers when this is a brand new machine HELP in CT Thanks nbsp

A:Dell Blue Screen Stop Error Code 0x40000080 with Dell Inspiron 530

Go into your Device manager and see if there are any conflicts/issues noted by a yellow triangle with and exclamation mark in the center.

You are the second person here today with a DELL computer and 0x80 errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-blue-screen-stop-error-code-0x40000080-with-dell-inspiron-530.101001/
Relevancy 97.18%

special_pool_detected_memory_corruption 0x000000c1 (0x8b9e0f68,0x8b9e0000,0x005b0094,0x00000023)this happened after i ran verifier due to my toshiba laptop giving blue screens saying irql_not_less_or_equal this message appears randomly about 20 minutes into each use

Relevancy 96.32%

Hello I have an HP Pavilion g series laptop running win that is in a continuous restarting loop This happened after the computer auto updated windows update I do not know what was updated but now every time the blue with screen screen Stop: reboot, 0x0000007B Help error auto laptop starts up it seems to be in a continuous rebooting loop after the windows logo then a blue flash I am unable to go into safe mode or any other mode as I keep getting redirected to a page that gives me two options Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally Startup repair gives me the same results as trying to run in safe mode By turning the auto-restart on system failure off i was able to read what the blue error message which says - A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down Help with blue screen auto reboot, Stop: 0x0000007B error screen to prevent damage Help with blue screen auto reboot, Stop: 0x0000007B error screen to your computer If this is your first time you've seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive curruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP X B xFFFFF A xFFFFFFFFC D x X - Can someone give me advice on how to solve and prevent this problem I am currently using a different laptop to access this forum kodex

A:Help with blue screen auto reboot, Stop: 0x0000007B error screen

Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check has a value of 0x0000007B. This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Quote:
Cause

The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check frequently occurs because of a boot device failure. During I/O system initialization, the boot device driver might have failed to initialize the boot device (typically a hard disk). File system initialization might have failed because it did not recognize the data on the boot device. Also, repartitioning the system partition or installing a new SCSI adapter or disk controller might induce this error.

This error can also occur because of incompatible disk hardware. If the error occurred at the initial setup of the system, the system might have been installed on an unsupported disk or SCSI controller. Some controllers are supported only by drivers that are in the Windows Driver Library (WDL). (These drivers require the user to do a custom installation.)

Further Reading...
Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202895-help-blue-screen-auto-reboot-stop-0x0000007b-error-screen.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Please help with stop error code on blue screen crash 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x8054A832, 0xF35AC8E4, 0x00000000)

A:Blue Screen Stop Code 0x0000008E

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315335

go here this might help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-code-0x0000008e-126106.html
Relevancy 95.89%

My computer keeps crashing everytime I turn on my external dvd burner and a "blue" screen pops up with a STOP code 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x806e494f, 0xba507694, 0x00000000)

Could my external dvd burner be the problem? It crashes almost everytime the burner is turned on. Should I try buying a new one to see if it works? I have had this burner ever for about 2-3 years. It has worked just fine the entire time until a few days ago. Sometimes I can turn it on and the computer will let me burn a dvd but thats very rare. Thanks for any help.

A:blue screen Stop code 0x0000008e

does it do it on other computers too

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-code-0x0000008e-193902.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Toshiba Satellite running on windows XP When I start the computer it asks if for the choice of Safe Mode w Networking w Command Prompt or Normally I ve tried them all and if I try it normally it won t get past the XP loading screen screen, Can't Blue After Stop error XP Screen XP: loading start It s loading and then it flashes a blue screen for a second and then restarts the computer again I tried pressing F at boot and selected Disable automatic restart on system failure and Can't start XP: After XP loading screen, Blue Screen Stop error this is what I get STOP x x x xC x I even tried using this http forums techguy org -post html to get to chkdsk At boot F chose CD DVD but still nothing I even tried disabling boot from HDD FDD and LAN from the bios setup menu to see if it works and this is what I got Can't start XP: After XP loading screen, Blue Screen Stop error it just keeps going on and on unless Can't start XP: After XP loading screen, Blue Screen Stop error I enable boot from HDD Intel UNDI PXE- build Copyright C - Intel Corporation For Realtek RTL X X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting PXE ROM That s about everything I could get Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

A:Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello I have a blue screen problem that i can t find a solution to I recently bought a new graphic card Radeon all-in-wonder x xl Installed it on a clean system did a reformat before i installed The problem occurs after usually - minutes of gaming so far with oblivion black amp white The game freezes for about sec and then goes into blue-screen mode The message is as follows Kernel-Data-inpage-error stop error screen then there are a lot of numbers etc I have sometimes noticed a slight change in fan noise prior to freeze speeding up After reebot everything s back to normal My system is relatively new a year and a half or so i have Windows XP pro SP Asus P AD deluxe motherboard with stop error screen screen: gaming when Blue integrated sound-card Pentium ht Ghz GB ram all my drivers are up-to-date as far as i know The ATI drivers are certainly up-to-date I have run some fix-it-utilities diagnostics and found no error or the like I previously had an ATI Radeon series card on the same system Never had a problem with HL Far Cry or whatever Any ideas Thanks in advance Zurzu nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Hello I have a blue screen problem that i can t find a solution to I have seen a similar problem posted previously on this forum But after reading it i think this is a different problem so here goes I recently bought a new graphic card Radeon all-in-wonder x when error screen stop Blue gaming screen: xl Installed it on a clean system did a reformat before i installed Blue screen: stop error screen when gaming The problem occurs after usually - minutes of gaming Blue screen: stop error screen when gaming so far with oblivion black amp white The game freezes for about sec and then goes into blue-screen mode The message is as follows Kernel-Data-inpage-error stop error screen then there are a lot of numbers etc I have sometimes noticed a slight change in fan noise prior to freeze speeding up After reebot everything s back to normal My system is relatively new a year and a half or so i have Windows XP pro SP Asus P AD deluxe motherboard with integrated sound-card Pentium ht Ghz GB ram all my drivers are up-to-date as far as i know The ATI drivers are certainly up-to-date I have run some fix-it-utilities diagnostics and found no error or the like I previously had an ATI Radeon series card on the same system Never had a problem with HL Far Cry or whatever Any ideas Thanks in advance Zurzu nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Hello Today I received a blue screen stop error message I was using my AOL software error screen blue STOP screen Solved: at the time it occurred This is the second time it happened the first time was about a month ago Last time I upgraded the driver for my video card and I thought that had taken care of it I don t remember for sure but I was probably using my AOL software when it happened last time also The message today included this information Technical Information STOP x E x xAFCAE oxA c x watchdog sys - Address AFCAE base at AFCAE DateStamp ab The message from a month ago was slightly different It included the following information Technical Information STOP x E xE xB ED xA D x watchdog sys - Address B ED base at B ED DateStamp ab I restarted the computer without incident I d appreciate any advice thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Solved: blue screen STOP error screen Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc X CN U BD Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Hi guys I've followed the instruction and used the program to collect the dump files etc. Attached.

Symptoms are as described in the title.

"Blue screen on shutdown. Usb driver stop code"

This mightn't have anything to do with the problem, but I've a logictech mouse and keyboard(k260) sending data to a small Usb stick receiver in the hp 6735s laptop.

Windows 7 32bit.

A:Blue screen on shutdown. Usb driver stop code

Go through steps mentioned in this tutorial: USB Driver - General Fix for Problems

Download and install Service Pack 1: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Update your BIOS as well:
Code:
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68GPP Ver. F.0E, 14/09/2009
System File Checker:SFC /Scannow Command - System File Checker
Check your hard drive(s) for errors by running chkdskCheck your hard disk for errors
Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281979-blue-screen-shutdown-usb-driver-stop-code.html
Relevancy 95.03%

My laptop is unusable at the moment I did a Norton system scan which showed a driver missing in the Direct memory Access Controller I tried to repair the stop 7E (blue FLTMGR.SYS screen code death) XP Pro os using the XP Pro os CD stop code 7E FLTMGR.SYS (blue screen death) After it ran through the repair procedure it attempted to load Windows only to have it repeatedly flash the blue death screen and stop code 7E FLTMGR.SYS (blue screen death) begin a reboot over and over I tried to disable the auto restart after error but this was not an option on the safe mode page It continuously reboots in safe mode also I took a photo of the error code page only way to read it since it flashed so quickly I received the following stop code x E xC xF B xF AA B xF AA B FLTMGR SYS Address F B base at F C date stamp da So far I ve not been able to even attempt to resolve this problem since I can t access the os The notebook seemed to be working fine prior to my quot fixing quot it Is it possible that the old XP Pro os disc which is a SP version messed up my SP version with all it s years of HP fixes even though I definitely went to repair mode Thanks for any help nbsp

A:stop code 7E FLTMGR.SYS (blue screen death)

I am having the exact same problem!! For the past week, I have had to boot up in safe mode in order to be on the internet. If I don't and boot regularly, the computer freezes up and no control alt delete works or anything. I have to hard reboot. I have ran several different virus scans to see if it was virus related, but nothing comes back at all. So I did the same as you and tried to repair the OS, now this!! I was better off sticking with the safe mode boot so I could at least use my computer. Now it's a complete waste as I can't do anything at all. Thank goodness I have a laptop as a back up, but I need my desktop pc for school that starts next week. HELP HELP HELP!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-code-7e-fltmgr-sys-blue-screen-death.949817/
Relevancy 95.03%
A:Blue Screen of Death STOP CODE: 0x00000116

Hello, I have had a look at your problem.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8005a8c010, fffff8800449bf80, 0, d}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+af80 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8005a8c010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800449bf80, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 000000000000000d, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+af80
fffff880`0449bf80 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) x86fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`051f2988 fffff880`042b3140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`05a8c010 fffff880`0449bf80 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`051f2990 fffff880`042b2ec7 : fffff880`0449bf80 fffffa80`05a8c010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`067a7010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`051f29d0 fffff880`04359f13 : fffffa80`05a8c010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`067a7010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x21f
fffff880`051f2a00 fffff880`04383d50 : fffffa80`00000000 00000000`0003bef2 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`051f2ae0 fffff880`04382437 : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`0003bef2 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0xd0
fffff880`051f2b10 fffff880`043552d2 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`067a7010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`051f2bb0 fffff880`04381ff6 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`059d82d0 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`067a7010 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`051f2cc0 fffff800`02f6a73a : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`0708eb50 fffffa80`05202040 fffffa80`0708eb50 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`051f2d00 fffff800`02cbf8e6 : fffff880`009e9180 fffffa80`0708eb50 fffff880`009f3fc0 fffff880`012fd885 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`051f2d40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
atikmpag.sys - is your Graphic driver, "ATI Video driver".

Also your BIOS is from 2009 i recommend updating this, as some of the new drivers/hardware can struggling to get along.

AMI | American Megatrends Inc. : BIOS and EFI Firmware

Please Run Driver Verifier, To narrow down the problem however I am almost certain that its your graphics driver.

Driver Verifier - Enable... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336675-blue-screen-death-stop-code-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 95.03%

A few days ago I was minding my own business surfing the web when my computer shut down on me without any warning or notification At first I thought there was some power surge but the comp began to restart It went into startup repair and sat there for minutes before notifying me that the problem could not be solved code "STOP: blue screen "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" w/ 0x0000000A" Half of "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" blue screen w/ "STOP: 0x0000000A" code the time I turn on the comp it says that it has shut down incorrectly and whether or not to go into safe mode or start Windows normally The other half of the time the computer immediately goes into startup repair and sits there "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" blue screen w/ "STOP: 0x0000000A" code for a half hour before giving me the same could not fix the problem "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" blue screen w/ "STOP: 0x0000000A" code message If I start Windows normally different things can happen Stays on the Welcome screen for a while then screen goes black then blue screen pops up followed by an immediate restart Loads the desktop normally and after minutes immediately goes to blue screen restart without warning Loads the desktop normally and all seems to be normal but comp refuses to sleep hibernate or shut down this has only happened once so far After much research into this I discovered there was a hotfix for a problem that seems to describe mine almost perfectly based on the exact same blue screen codes IRQL and STOP But other sources say there are other possibilities such as anti-virus programs updates or device drivers that can cause the problem as well as hard drive failure and other nasty scenarios I have no idea how to pinpoint what is causing the problem I have already attempted things based on my researching System restore to two weeks ago to see if a recent update was the problem Going through all the services via Safe Mode and enabling them one at a time followed by restarting to find out if one of the services was the issue Nothing I have been doing has helped The issue persists Other info Two weeks before this all occurred I somehow got the FBI MoneyPak virus I removed it by using command prompt in safe mode to create a new user as administrator and ran Malwarebytes to clear everything out Afterwards I just deleted the user I created A week before this all occurred I found a few malware trojans that were hijacking my browser I have used Malwarebytes in the past with great success and so this time was no different I removed all the infections via Malwarebytes and my browser problems were solved I am currently not running any anti-virus program Like I said I found a hotfix on the Microsoft support site but am hesitant since it hasn't undergone much testing I don't want to risk any potential hardware software damage from using it How do I pinpoint where the problem is coming from I use my comp every day and basically am forced to use it in safe mode which is extremely inconvenient I continue to try to research the forums but the more I research the more information I find out This makes everything overwhelming for me I have considered buying an external hard drive transferring all my files documents pics videos music is basically my most important stuff and reinstalling Windows completely But that seems like a lazy way to do it If this can be fixed in some other way help is much appreciated Also if there is any other info needed about my system let me know Thanks in advance

A:"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" blue screen w/ "STOP: 0x0000000A" code

Hi

Based on the problem description you written, i suspect a Root kit issue. FBI money pack is known to install rootkits in the system.  This types of infections should be removed under the supervision of a trained malware helper. Post a malware removal request in the Malware section.

Follow the instructions in the below link :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Typical cause of this BSOD are a faulty driver, service or Memory corruption. Rootkits are known to install their driver and service in to the system. So the first step is to make sure the system is malware free.

Any troubleshooting step without confirming the system is malware free is pointless.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493964/irql-not-less-or-equal-blue-screen-w-stop-0x0000000a-code/
Relevancy 95.03%

My PC build Specs -Intel DX BT Motherboard -Corsair XMS MB Dual Channel PC DDR MHz Memory x MB -Intel Core Quad Q Processor -Ultra LSP -Watt screen of (0x0000000A) code Death! Blue Stop Power Supply -HIS Radeon HD MB PCIe w Dual Link DVI -Western Digital Caviar SE Blue screen of Death! Stop code (0x0000000A) SATA GB Hard Drive -CD-rom x From my old server -Case From my old server Well I get a BSOD after trying to install Windows XP on my new built pc It formated good it get stuck on installing OS about Then I has a little bar on the left it goes about more than half way The screen turns black and BSOD I am these parts are compatible I went on support microsoft com and check their HCL and my board was on Blue screen of Death! Stop code (0x0000000A) it I followed the steps in the booklet In the book let it says that removing the install to fix the problem is RARE Restart your computer NO FIX Make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed NO FIX Click start gt Help and support gt Get help from Microsoft Well I wish the OS was Installed Click start gt Help and support gt Fixing a problem Disable or remove any newly installed hardware I tried only gb of ram and nothing Microsoft Web Site at I studied it and found no help Using a current version of your antivirus software New build no OS installed due to BSOD Verify that your hardware device drivers and system bios are latest available version NO FIX Disable Bios memory options such as caching and shadowing Well skip that Run any system diagnostic software supplied with your computer Once agian no os installed Verify that your computer has the fatest Service Pack No os installed Press f select LAST known good configuration Not on the list no os Went on Microsoft s Web Site on Stop code x A Irql Not Less or Equal quot This behavior can occur if there is incompatible hardware or an incompatible device driver on your computer quot http support microsoft com kb en-us Well the st and nd step are skipped because of no os Remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer Well I removed the USB Keyboard and mouse and ran the computer only on power plug and monitor and NO FIX If you continue to receive this error message you may need to flash the BIOS on the computer s motherboard Well I removed the BIOS battery and put it back about min nothing Put all the settings on default nothing Well I am thinking of A Triple check If something is not compatible likely not B Get a friend to put the HD in his computer to get rid of the os Might be corrupted C Install Windows XP Home Edition with clean HD D Install Windows XP Professional Edition with clean HD E Call Microsoft to see If they can help PS MY first thread Video card graphic problems was finally confirmed that the MB was at fault after spending about hours on Intel s support Thanks to the place I bought ti from had a day exchange with free shipment UPDATE Well on the site I bought the ram on it says - - - at volts so I set it on BIOS and now the monitor is not getting anything I will try it later it it does back to normal and If so take a video on where it gets the BSOD nbsp

A:Blue screen of Death! Stop code (0x0000000A)

More research done....

-"If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is complete, the computer BIOS may be incompatible with Windows." Well on the HCL on Microsoft's site said it WAS compatible so its not that.

-Make sure that you have sufficient hard disk space... 360GB is well enough

-Disable or update device drivers... No OS

-Remove all third-party drivers... No OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-stop-code-0x0000000a.107925/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello I'm new here and I so hope someone can help me since I'm not the sharpest computer tool in the shed Screen,Blue Internet Screen,Error..HELP!! Explorer-Black This issue has started happening and I have no clue I have cleared cookies history etc but that hasn't worked Here's Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!! the deal When I click Internet Explorer Icon of my desk top or go to start programs etc to open Explorer it seems as if it's going to open then the screen goes black for a second then a blue screen comes up and says quot An error has occured ctrl alt delete to restart click any key to continue to windows etc you know the one Well the error is this D FA I can click any key and return to desk top Can someone please help me The only way I'm able to be here is thankfully I have JUNO as my ISP and they have their own browser window Also in checking mail for instance in Hot Mail if I clicked a link in an e-mail to go to a certain page same thing black screen blue screen error etc It would be wonderfull if someone could maybe e-mail me step by step what I might could do xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx Thanks Carmen

A:Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!!

Need more info.. Win98, ME. 2000, XP? SP1, SP2? What version of IE you are running? Post the full error message if you can. This would be helpful to an assistor. There is a fatal error somewhere but without this info it isn't likely anyone can help locate a fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-black-screen-blue-screen-error-help-43600.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I am running Windows XP Professional My computer was working fine yesterday but today when I boot it up it just kept going in a restart loop Screen IEFRAME.DLL code corrupt Blue Stop with C0000221 is I went to the Windows XP advanced options menu and disabled automatic restart Blue Screen with Stop code C0000221 IEFRAME.DLL is corrupt after system failure Then I saw the blue screen with the following STOP Blue Screen with Stop code C0000221 IEFRAME.DLL is corrupt c Bad Image Checksum The image IEFRAME dll is possibly corrupt The header checksum does not match the computer checksum I have tried the following so far -Booting into safe mode doesn't work It will just go in a restart loop again -I tried to do a repair install with the Windows XP CD but apparently the setup didn't detect the old operating system It just led me to the quot select partition quot screen -Tried to boot with last known good configuration but that didn't work either Just went into a restart loop I want to use recovery console but I don't know what to do with the recovery console Any advice Thanks everyone

A:Blue Screen with Stop code C0000221 IEFRAME.DLL is corrupt

Assuming you backed up any important personal data, I'd error check the drive.
Try to boot in safe mode with command prompt then type...
chkdsk /f/r

Another method is to connect just the hard drive to another computer, then right click the "slaved" drive and select "properties, then "tools", then "check now", then check both boxes, then let it error check the drive. Might take an hour or more depending on the size of the drive. This may or may not work. If not check back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-with-stop-code-c0000221-ieframe-dll-is-corrupt-585721.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi,

I was working on my PC and suddenly I felt like the laptop got overheated and it got restarted. From that point, I started getting this BSOD with error code 0x00000116 (atigmpag.sys). After reading several forums and all, I started my computer on Safe Mode and went to Device manager and uninstalled the display drivers. After this I restarted my machine and to my surprise this worked. Now, windows automatically installed the missing display drivers and at this point I thought all will be fine now. But I was wrong, as soon as windows installs the missing display drivers and I restart the machine I start getting the same BSOD error. Any suggestion how to fix this now ? Since the safe mode fix dint worked I am worried that some of the hardware might be bad now. Is it the Graphics Card ? How to figure this out ? Please HELP !!

A:Blue Screen of Death STOP CODE: 0x00000116 (atigmpag.sys)

Hi and welcome to SF .
Please start by posting more information by following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

0x116 as you may already know is graphics related;

Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4

These are all stop 0x116 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE conditions.

It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash. As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds. If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating. Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU. Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference. If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen

"Display driver xxxxx stopped responding and was recovered"

Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR) = "Display Driver Stopped Responding and was Recovered" is a useful feature that started in Vista and is also in W7 that allows the OS to try and recover from a video timeout so that the system does not crash to a bluescreen. Symptoms included a screen flash with the TDR message appearing one or more times or the screen blinking out to black. If the system cannot recover it will crash (Stop Error 116 typical). The issue is that the video card is not responding as expected.

Please read the entire post to get a better understanding about the issue.
Read Me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306032-blue-screen-death-stop-code-0x00000116-atigmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I am running Windows XP Professional My computer was working fine yesterday but today when I boot it up it just kept going in a restart loop I went to the Windows XP advanced options menu and disabled automatic restart after system failure Then I saw the blue screen with the following STOP c Bad Image Checksum The image IEFRAME dll is possibly IEFRAME.DLL corrupt Screen code Stop is C0000221 Blue with corrupt The header checksum does not match the computer checksum I have tried the following so far -Booting into safe mode Blue Screen with Stop code C0000221 IEFRAME.DLL is corrupt doesn t work It will just go in a restart loop again -I tried to do a repair install with the Windows XP CD but apparently the setup didn t detect Blue Screen with Stop code C0000221 IEFRAME.DLL is corrupt the old operating system It just led me to the quot select partition quot screen -Tried to boot with last known good configuration but that didn t work either Just went into a restart loop I want to use recovery console but I don t know what to do with the recovery console Any advice Thanks everyone nbsp

Relevancy 92.88%

This has been going on for a couple weeks now, not sure what it is.
I'm not very experienced with computers, but I did manage to run and do all the tasking prepared on the main thread to give the information needed.

I keep blue-screening, at least twice a week during small minimal tasks such as AIM and firefox usage.

STOP: 0x0000001a
(0x00008886, 0x84785014, 0x8434cB70, 0x00000507)

This came up after rebooting on the desktop screen--
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00008886
BCP2: 84785014
BCP3: 8434CB70
BCP4: 00000507
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
I recently got the computer from a friend, so I'm not sure on the actual specs myself but I do know it's Windows Ultimate 32-bit.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Blue screen crashing while doing minimal tasks. STOP code errors.

Software
There seems to be a problem with your Windows installation. Please follow the Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions. Post the results in your next post; do not start a new thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241139-blue-screen-crashing-while-doing-minimal-tasks-stop-code-errors.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi Just bought new computer and I'm loading new software etc on it and setting it up Windows Help! of code Pro 1033 (64 bit) 7 stop 124 Screen Blue Death Locale After loading my Epson printer software amp driver I started getting the Blue screen It happens once every to minutes Here is my crash info Problem signature nbsp Problem Event Name BlueScreen nbsp OS Version nbsp Locale ID Additional information about the problem nbsp BCCode nbsp BCP nbsp BCP FFFFFA C nbsp BCP BB nbsp BCP nbsp OS Version nbsp Service Pack nbsp Product Files that help describe the problem nbsp C Windows Minidump - - dmp nbsp C Users Jeff AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online nbsp http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is Help! Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) Blue Screen of Death Locale 1033 stop code 124 not available please read our privacy statement offline nbsp C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I can Help! Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) Blue Screen of Death Locale 1033 stop code 124 upload the DMP files if you need them I don't see a way to do it on this message Thanks for your help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ec2193b-1a1a-4448-b030-0fcdc360e92e/help-windows-7-pro-64-bit-blue-screen-of-death-locale-1033-stop-code-124?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 92.88%

Good day to you I experienced identical BSoDs problem Blue with Solved: the t code(?): death stop with what's screen 0x000000F4, of today Solved: Blue screen of death with stop code(?): 0x000000F4, what's the problem with t the first one happened while I was just doing my usual stuff when suddenly my laptop lagged for a few seconds and then showed me a BSoD that said STOP x f x x E x c x c ca The BSoD instructed me to restart if it was the first time that this happened so I just restarted my laptop after booting it scanned for errors After scanning I logged on again on my account and then I resumed my work but after a while I was confronted with the second BSoD Thinking that this was really serious I restarted my laptop again and then googled the stop error The results yielded to hardware errors And then I thought to my self quot Have I installed any new hardware quot I thought long and hard but it seems to me that I have not So what could be causing this One theory I have is maybe because the usb cord connecting my laptop to my hard drive enclosure is getting loose since my mouse hand occasionally bumps it thus loosening its grip on to the usb port The two BSoDs happened while I was using my enclosure to play some music or while accessing some files in it owned the enclosure for only just a year now Another is that my hard drive is failing me already owned this laptop for more than years now since when it scans for errors it just usually scans the C partition of the drive Other than the two theories I have there is no more So what could be causing this Any help will be surely appreciated Thank you so much for reading this nbsp

A:Solved: Blue screen of death with stop code(?): 0x000000F4, what's the problem with t

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-of-death-with-stop-code-0x000000f4-whats-the-problem-with-t.818674/
Relevancy 92.02%

So I turn on my computer this morning and the BSOD pops up. Error code is:

***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF78C63DC, 0xF78C60D8, 0x862A5805)

It says to disable any anti virus, disk defrag, or backup utilities, but I can't even get into Windows. Can't boot into safe mode or last known configuration either.

I reset the RAM and used both sticks on their own, same problem.

Any ideas how to fix this?

A:Blue screen of death on startup....cant boot into Windows (0x24 stop code)

Hi

0x24 stop error indicates a problem with the driver ntfs.sys that allows Windows to read from NTFS formatted drives.

If you have an XP CD, boot off the CD, enter the recovery console, and type in chkdsk /f.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-on-startup-cant-boot-into-windows-0x24-stop-code-433695.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Shortly after booting my Dell Dimension 4600 I get a Blue Screen Stop Error 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0XF544B5B6, 0XBAC52AZ0, 0X00000000)
system32: lzx32.sys - Address F544B5B6 base at F5449000, Date Stamp 45752257

Crash begins anywhere from 30 seconds to 4 mintues after windows completes booting and loading.

Please help!! Any input is greatly appreciated...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell Dimension 4600
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.66 GHz
768 MB DDR RAM
nVidia GeForce FX 5500
Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition

A:Blue Screen Stop Code 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF544B5B6, 0xBAC52AZ0, 0x00000000)

did you install any software/hardware lately??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-code-0x0000008e-0xc0000005-0xf544b5b6-0xbac52az0-0x00000000-131292.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Here is the rundown blue screen screen and black error help of what happened in sequence maybe someone could help me When I started up my Toshiba black screen and blue screen error help laptop windows vista home premium -bit computer it booted until it got to the login screen Then a c error popped up preventing me to login I have attatched the image of the error I would have to click ok a black screen and blue screen error help few times for it to go away to login and I deleted the latest program I had on my computer which was a computer game When i turned on my computer the following day it appeared again so uninstalling the game did not fix it This time I decided to restart it again but this time it went to a black screen before the login screen So I restarted again in safe mode it would load the drivers and it would freeze before login on the black screen After restarting again I was prompted to do a system repair which I went ahead and did but my OS did not appear for the actual repair After it was finished it said it could not fix the problem So I restarted again and this time I decided to do a driver check and when the tests were done my computer went to the Blue screen of death then restarted Now it is just a pattern Now I tried F to no avail I have no vista disk Maybe someone knows how to fix it Get back to me as quick as you can nbsp

A:black screen and blue screen error help

what is on the bsod

run the dos diagnostic on the hard drive

http://storage.toshiba.com/storage-services-support/warranty-support/software-utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-and-blue-screen-error-help.1078235/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello I m having a problem that only happens when running a MMORPG but think the game itself is not the cause My pc pc screen: stop freezes/black error? is older almost years I know I should upgrade asap dell XPS gen pentium extreme HT ghz GB RAM win XP professional service pack The vid card I am using is RADEON X XT The problem is when I often start the PC there pc freezes/black screen: stop error? is a noticeably rattling sound which I assume is the fan After a few minutes it usually goes away or becomes a lot more quiet Is the fan going out or pc freezes/black screen: stop error? is this just a case of overheating perhaps When I m browsing or playing music watching videos the PC never freezes However when I run the game it will completely freeze and after a few seconds the monitor turns completely black and the green light on the monitor becomes yellow Sometimes I ll hear a slight screetch noise that accompanies the freeze Before it freezees sometimes I will see a yellow triangle with exclamation mark that appears in the desktop tray but when i move the pointer over it or try to right click it it disappears I did google what this could be and saw it might be a driver issue under hidden devices I don t think it s a case of spyware malware virus since I do have AVG malware bytes spybot ad-aware installed and run scans regularly I have also used combofix to get rid of one problem I did have in the past that was completely unrelated to this current problem Any help would be greatly appreciated I will post a hijackthis if necessary or anything this problem is very annoying Thank you

A:pc freezes/black screen: stop error?

Well...I find your post confusing .

<<I'm having a problem that only happens when running a MMORPG, but think the game itself is not the cause.>>

<<The problem is when I often start the PC, there is a noticeably rattling sound which I assume is the fan. After a few minutes it usually goes away or becomes a lot more quiet.>>

Noises...generally indicate hardware problems, with a fan being the logical candidate, IMO. This statement appears to contradict your statement that it "only happens when running...".

<<Before it freezees sometimes I will see a yellow triangle with exclamation mark that appears in the desktop tray, but when i move the pointer over it or try to right click it it disappears.>>

I have no clue why anything would cause disappearing icons.

<<I don't think it's a case of spyware/malware/virus....I will post a hijackthis if necessary...>>

If it's not a malware problem, a HJT log should not even be considered...and it would not be posted in this forum, since this forum does not deal with malware.

It's possible, IMO, that you have multiple problems...a failing fan can lead to overheating...I suppose that malware could be responsible for your phantom icon.

Do you have any Symantec/Norton products installed?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389751/pc-freezesblack-screen-stop-error/
Relevancy 88.58%

Having two problems with my PC old custom built with ASUS motherboard running Windows XP SP and not sure if they are related About a week ago I noticed that my system clock 0x0000008E Black Error STOP: Screen would be about minutes behind when the computer was first turned on in the evening An internet time sync corrected the problem for the rest of the evening I got a black screen of death last night after the computer had been running normally for at least a couple of hours It reported that windows had detected a serious problem and had shut down to prevent the loss of data The exact error code was STOP x E xC D x xF B x It was followed with a message about preparing a memory dump I hit the front panel reset button after waiting about seconds The monitor went black and started to blink its own quot No Video input please check connections quot error box every few seconds Usually if I shut the computer down with the monitor still on the monitor will display the message for a few seconds and then go into standby with a black screen I didn t get any kind of POST beep but the hard drive activity light was blinking like the computer was booting up normally I killed the AC power and called it a night The same thing happened when I tested everything from a cold start this morning Any suggestions as to Black Screen Error STOP: 0x0000008E what I should be checking this evening when I get home We have other computers that I can use to get on TSG - Did my battery go dead and I lost all my BIOS settings - Should I try another video controller card I believe that the computer uses a separate card but will double check tonight I have some old cards I can use for testing - Should I try removing some of the RAM and or try reseating it - Did my motherboard go belly up - Did a loose one of the outputs from the PSU - Black Screen Error STOP: 0x0000008E Did I get hit with some variant of the HaxDoor virus I was running an updated Macafee AV bundle nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello I have searched this site for similar Q amp A s but I haven t found a specific match I hope Error Screen Code no Blue but someone can help Problem When I start my computer WinXP SP if fires up but hangs with a blue screen after I log in with Blue Screen but no Error Code my user name Blue Screen but no Error Code and password I don t get any sort of error message just a blue screen I cannot do anything but turn it off Not even the Blue Screen but no Error Code mouse will move This happens everytime I start the computer BUT I have a Peer to Peer LAN connection between the above computer and another one running Windows If I connect via remote desktop from the computer to the WinXP computer it logs me on everytime and I never get the blue screen I wonder whether anyone would have any idea how I can fix this as I don t want to have to keep RD to the XP computer from my computer Any advice will be appreciated Regards Benjamin nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

I was playing Crysis earlier when the program abruptly stopped and a blue screen came up, shutting down before I could read anything. I restarted Crysis and it happened again. These are the codes Microsoft Error Reports are giving me on startup:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BD0C8FC9 BCP3 : B2EA2AE0
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

What does this mean? I know BSODs usually mean something horrible... I'd hate to have to replace my 9800 GTX+ because money does not grow on trees.

Relevancy 87.72%

hi friends.iam getting a blue screen every time i play a 3D game.
this is the error code i got
stop:0x7A(0x3, , ,)
and i found this driver below the error code PCIIDEX.sys

i found that this was a driver in IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
that is the motherboard drivers.
so i need to know what i shall do.
my pc is new.the problem is when i reboot the machine after the blue screen
it doesnt boot to windows in the first attempt.it says load the boot media and reboot.after a couple of reboots it gets in to windows.
so pls help me.
(i get the blue screen only when i play a 3d game)
i have upadated all mt drivers.
pls help

Relevancy 87.72%

hi friends.i recently installed need for speed underground 2 demo.since then iam getting the blue screen while i play the game.
this is my error code.
STOP : 0x000000F4(0x00000003,0x86538DA0,0x86538F14,0x80606586)

i got to know that this is due to some critical process termination.
This blue screen appears only when i use this game.
i have no problem when not using the game.
iam using radeon x300 SE 128MB PCI-Express
and i cant find any driver upadate other than mine.
pls help me solve this problem

A:help for the blue screen error code

There may be a patch for the game check out their website.Defrag your hard drive.How much Ram have you got?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-for-the-blue-screen-error-code.399727/
Relevancy 87.72%

Blue screen with " A problem has been detected and windows has been shut ......blablabla ";

Then I get the Code:

STOP : (0x0000008E,0XC0000005,0X00320000,0XEB7EDB28,000000000)

No drivername.

Nothing usefull is shown in the event log.

How can I find the problem?

ANother thing.
In perfomance settings, I always check:"" Adjust for best performance.

When I restart, The same option is checked, but I still get the best appearance settings somehow

A:Win XP pro Blue screen with error code

Test your RAM by using Memtest86+. Download link is available in my signature. If you have more than one stick of RAM, only have one stick of RAM installed at a time.

Also, if you can get into Windows - navigate to C:/Windows/minidump. Take all files there and zip them into one .zip file. Upload that to your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-pro-blue-screen-with-error-code-375375.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Does anyone understand this error code on my dreaded blue screen.
tcpip.sys F581A671 base at F818000 D.S 3216de222

This is the code I get at the bottom of the blue screen. Guess it might be a driver but how do you understand the code?

Relevancy 87.72%

hello all....

my boss at work asked me to take his home pc home with me and put WIndows XP Pro on it for him....he was previously running Win2K. After running the setup and doing the install, on reboot, when trying to log on, i get a stop error blue screen. The only technical info at the bottom is this :

STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005,0X804F2906,0XF533176C,0X00000000)
Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping physical memory to disk: xx

where xx is a slow counting upwards number, starting at 1, until eventually it resets itself and starts the problem over again.

I am able to boot into safe mode.

The computer in question is a Gateway with a Pentium 2 348mhz, with 384mb ram.

if anyone can help, PLEASE DO! i do not want to return my bosses computer to him inoperable!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-stop-error.330888/
Relevancy 87.72%

http wer microsoft com responses SGD f d a - a - ab - d-ee bfacea I get this almost everytime i turn on my pc that is when I CAN turn the computer on Everytime I start up my computer i am faced with the start windows normally last known good configeration and safe mode options when i chose safe mode the computer is immediately restarted and the same when screen Stop HELP!!! Blue error.. I Blue Stop screen error.. HELP!!! chose last good known configeration Sometimes I must restart my pc like - times just to get it to the windows loading screen where I finally see my homescreen for about seconds that it before it restarts Today I am using the same computer it has so far restarted twice in the last hour but i know when it restarts I may not be able to turn it on again Anyway sO i repeatedly chose F when my pc started up and chose the setting Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure and I was faced with a blue error screen The BIOS in this system is not fully APCI compiant Please contact you system vendor or visit http www hardware-update com' this website didn t seem to work for me You vender is not fully ACPI compliant In the past month or two i have also been faced with other blue error screens Win k sys - Address BF D base BF Datestamp cc d STOP x e xc x xb b x IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete I have so far tried to do a system restore this problem firstly started late November I tried a system restore from the th on October but there was an error and it was unable to restore All the fans in the pc are functioning I say this as I have had similar issues with a previous pc BUT Now I am completely clueless I am beginner to intermediate and I m only years old and havn t any technical experience with drivers and motherboards and such as this PLEASE HELP I am running a HP Pavilion m a Media Centre PC Windowx XP SP Also when I try to watch a youtube com video immediatly when I press play the pc crashes - - this has happened a few times amp also I am not able to access the Itunes Store without the pc crashingg Any Help would be greatly appreciated D Thankyouu nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-stop-screen-error-help.978908/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello This morning I tried turning on my desktop on in the living room and was greeted with a black screen This screen told me that the computer was shut down improperly STOP Blue error Screen and that I had the choice to run in safe mode safe mode with command prompt safe mode with networking restart to last good known configuration and start windows normally I ve tried to use every single option but Blue Screen STOP error all of them load the quot Windows XP Loading quot screen for a max of seconds and then goes to a blue screen The blue screen says quot A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer I this screen appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any anti-virus disk defragmentation or back up utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical informatoin STOP x X FE XF E DC XF E D X A B quot Of course thinking the worst at first I call my roomate asking him what the computer was doing this morning and he told me it was acting weird Long story short I got him to admit he was looking at things he shouldn t have been on my computer and somehow got a virus on it He said it installed a windows security program and icons with porn in their names showed up He said he d buy a new computer for me but I have a lot of school documents sitting on this computer I need back on We assume it s a virus It s a dell computer but there s no floppy disk slot on the computer and my laptop from where I m typing this doesn t have a floppy disk slot either Help Please nbsp

A:Blue Screen STOP error

You may need to do a "clean install" or "full recovery" so you should review your options for that before proceeding. Most Dells have a "recovery partition" for that. (I think the F11 boot menu brings that up)

-----------------------

There is one option here that I normally only recommend for resourceful and experienced users, however if you have no choice but a "clean install" it is worth a try.

Reinstalls (overinstalls) by the way, will not remove viral components.

USING THE RECOVERY CONSOLE TO ACCESS SYSTEM RESTORE
If you do not have an XP CD download rc.iso from Elvandil's post here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/561576-mom-exe.html#post4622868
Burn the .iso file to CD. With Nero or Roxio you should only need to "open" the file and it will start the burner's ISO burning program.

DeepBurner can also be used to burn ISO files, I recommend the &#8220;portable&#8221; version:

http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download
Once that is done, you need to boot with either that or the XP installation CD to the Recovery Console. You may need to ensure that the CD drive is the first boot drive in the BIOS setup if it just boots to the same screen. Setup is accessed by looking for the key to press on the first data you see on the screen -- often F2

Directions are given here:

http://attachments.techguy.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=62075

There are several things to note about this operation.

1 > it is not a "reinstall" of Windows, but a method of accessing System Restore.

2 > all command lines are one line with appropriate spacing -- the doc file does not always reflect this.

3 > you must complete all 3 parts for it to be a proper restore.

4 > in the first part of this document you are given the command:

copy C:\windows\repair\system C:\windows\system32\config\system

you may get a "file not found" when running this command. If you do, substitute this command instead:

copy C:\windows\repair\system.bak C:\windows\system32\config\system
>> See also: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545/en-us

note the warning in this article. But if you have an OEM system and no other choice but a clean install -- try it anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this does not work for you and you want to recover data -- try making a Puppy Linux Booter. >> http://www.puppylinux.com/

Once you boot with it, "mount" the c: drive and then navigate to personal data you want to save.

Mount a "thumb drive" (you will need one) and drag and drop the files and folders to that drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-stop-error.878960/
Relevancy 87.72%

All of a sudden I've been getting this blue screen every so often the last few weeks. It's a STOP: 0x0000009c(0x00000002, 0x8054D570, 0xF6002000, 0x0000017)"MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION". I can go an extended amount of time and have nothing happen and then all of a sudden it can come out of nowhere. I believe it has something to do with hardware, but I have no clue where to begin.

A:Blue Screen Stop Error

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc > copy and paste some of the recent errors

also ...

navigate to C:\windows\minidump
Zip some of the recent minidumps and attach them here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-stop-error.643542/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello, I have turned on my PC and flit has brought me to a blhe screen with the following error
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to yoyr computer.
If this the first time you've seen thjs stop erroer screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Disable or uninstall any anti virus, disk de fragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard disk configuration, and checkfor any uupdated drivers. Run CHDSK /f to check for hard drive ccorruption, and then restart tlyour computer.

Technical support:
*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8aad1c78, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

I need help and dont know what to do, I dont have the sindows xp instalation disc and cant go past this screen
Please help my only working pc

A:Blue screen STOP error help

Sorry, but this is a Windows 7 forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367649-blue-screen-stop-error-help.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I get this almost everyday, I even restored the laptop to how it was out of box and it keeps crashing... here is the error.

MULTIPLE_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

***STOP: 0x00000044
(0x862df368,0x00000D60, 0x00000000,0x00000000)

Relevancy 87.72%

I was referred here by a helper in Spybot Search amp Destroy I ran my logs and posted for him he recommends that someone here at this forum take a look at my logs to Screen:STOP Blue ERROR decipher if my problems is caused by software vs hardware I waited days for his response Now my Blue Screen:STOP ERROR computer is really slow I ve had to run in safe mode a few times Can someone assist me thanks in advance Blue Screen:STOP ERROR This is my first experience with a blue screen stop error Here is the error code BCCode c BCP BCP E F BCP A BCP OSVer SP Product Here is the logs on DS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Iovo amp Christina at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - FW ZoneAlarm Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files MSN Toolbar msntask exe C PROGRA Inbox CToolbar exe c PROGRA Inbox CMail exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Iovo amp Christina Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE Y ZR dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO cb bf -bbae- a - f - ff d - c progra inbox ctbr dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SearchHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO MSN Toolbar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB MSN Toolbar e ed c- cb - d -b e -ab c c - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll TB amp Inbox com Toolbar b ea- - dc -a fc- f d - c progra inbox ctbr dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB BC A- - D - AC -E B A BA C - No File EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll uRun ctfmon... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-stop-error.977765/
Relevancy 87.72%

First of all Hi.

I am not very computer savvy so any help is greatly apreciated.

I am getting a blue screen error on the start up of my laptop. This first occured while the laptop was running.
The error # is 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x8A0C894c, 0xBACF78B4, OxBACF75B0). There is no other information on the blue screen.

I can start the computer in Safe mode, but not Safe Mode with networking.

The Laptop is a Dell with Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU T5200 @1.60GHz
Running Windows XP professional, with service pack 3.

Will be checking thread repeatedly if you need any more information.

A:Blue Screen / STOP error

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

Visiting the above link, a popup should appear download it and run the fix, if it doesnt work try following the steps on the page.

If you cant access the internet on your laptop simply download it elsewhere a.k.a a pc or something and use a cd or usb stick to transfer it to your laptop and use it in safe mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-error-514106.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi, been having trouble lately with wife's computer rebooting off and on by itself during web browsing or other things. Here's the latest that came up. I set it to not reboot when errors occurred, but this blue screen came up and wondered if any of you know what it is. One thing i done was to go to nVidia site and upgrade my video driver. It's a 32M nVidia GEForce MXDOR. It was rebooting on it's own before i upgraded too. Anyways here's error:

***Stop:0x0000008E(0x0000005,0xF838CB3B,0x4BD7720,0x00000000)

***NDIS>SYS-ADDressF838CB3B baeat F838c000,DateStamp 2367dc561

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

Contact your system administrator or tech support group for further assistance.

Thanks in advance for any help
Its win xp home

Relevancy 87.72%

I am new to this forum and am not (Blue) Screen Stop Error a computer geek although I understand the basics of computing and can usually figure Stop Error Screen (Blue) out a problem Stop Error Screen (Blue) sometimes needing help as now I have an IBM R Think Pad with Windows XP My problem is that I loaded an HP Photosmart disk for a digital camera in my disk drive The software did not download and I was not able to open my disk drive to remove the software I managed to remove the entire drive from my laptop but was still not successful in removing the disk When I booted my laptop several attempts Stop Error Screen (Blue) a blue screen appeared telling me that I had a quot stop error quot which could be due to a hardware software change I was instructed to choose quot last known good configuration most recent settings that worked but that only takes me to a blue screen stating Technical information STOP x f x x x ox I reinserted the disk drive in my laptop and after several attempts to log on a balloon informed me that Norton had detected a quot backdoor quot virus I cannot go into safe mode I can only go back and forth between the F window and the blue screen The blue screen also suggested disable or remove any hardware or drivers remove any newly installed software restart computer in safe mode run a system diagnostic utility I do not have Can someone please help me get this straightened out or am I stuck with a fried laptop Thanks in advance for any assistance

A:Stop Error Screen (Blue)

I don't quite understand what you were trying to download after loading the hp photosmart disk into your drive ! did the CD load the digital camera software or not? all CD/DVD drives have a pin hole on the face of the drive door cover that you can use to put a paper clip or needle into to push and manual eject the CD or DVD out ...so you can remove the disk. try that first.....then reboot to see if that makes a difference. also Do you have a XP CD to try to attempt a XP operating system repair...? a repair of your operating system will leave all your precious data files intact. or hopefully you are savvy enuf to have used an external harddrive to back them up via a usb port. post back with results and answers....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-error-screen-blue-449932.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I tried to boot up my computer a couple of days ago and had a stop error. I have tried to do a recovery with the disks that came with my laptop, but with no success. Of course my laptop didn't come with the XP installation CD's so I can't even start a repair on the PC.

I tried to contact HP, but they were unable to help me. I hope someone here can help me more than HP was able to.

Thanks

Relevancy 87.72%

I posted this thread before and was being helped by someone but they didn t return after the initial day Maybe I wasn t clear but anytime I try to boot back up it goes straight into the blue screen I am able to start in safe mode They asked me to boot back up in safe mode and go to run and type in quot SFC EXE SCANNOW quot I did Blue Stop Screen Error this but when Blue Stop Error Screen I hit run or enter the run screen went away and nothing happened So here is my original question I run windows xp I was trying to download pictures on my computer from a disk that I made at a local drug Blue Stop Error Screen store kodak kiosk when this started I also found out a couple of days ago that a quot friend quot was surfing some really questionable sites The computer was running fine until i put in this disk with pictures I saved a few to the computer and then it blacked out and a blue screen came up with the following message Also I tried turning it off and on a few times and it gets to the desktop and as soon as I try to go to the web or acess anything on the start menu it goes right back to this blue page A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen apperars again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a drever is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacuter for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press f to select Advanced start up otions then select safe mode Stop x E xC x xF B C xF B BC Begining physical dump of memory Phsical memory dump completed Thanks in advance for the help

A:Blue Stop Error Screen

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157820/blue-stop-error-screen/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have a Dell Dimension computer and I am running Windows XP I ve been getting a stop error message that reads A problem had been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced start up options and then select Blue Error Screen Stop safe mode Tech info STOP X DI OXF A Blah blah blah Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact system administrator or tech support I ve Stop Error Blue Screen tried to research this and it says that I should uninstall the incompatible hardware How do I know which item is causing the problem Is there some kind of test I can perform I tried wiping the computer but it still happens Please help nbsp

A:Stop Error Blue Screen

Look in C:\Windows\Minidump for crash dump files with a DMP extension. ZIP some recent ones (5-6) and post here as a ZIP or RAR file. Debug analysis of the files usually points to the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-error-blue-screen.637843/
Relevancy 87.72%

I hope someone can help I have been looking ever where for an answer to this. Once in a while I get a BSOD it says
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0X0000000A (0X00000000, 0X000000FF, 0X000000, 0X806E2EA0)

I am not to sure what to do about this. Also ever time I restart or shut down my computer just after I click either one I get
Stop Error: 0x000000C4 (0x00000060, 0x00000064, 0x00000000, 0x00000001)

I hope this is all the information that is needed. Thank you for any help.

Relevancy 87.72%

Hello Every - weeks I seem to be getting the same error my screen flashes into a blue screen error and shuts down my computer this happens out of the blue and is very unpredictable I have written down the full error displayed it says A problem has been detected and windows has been shut Screen Stop Error Blue down to prevent damage to your computer If this Blue Stop Error Screen is the first time you ve seen this stop Blue Stop Error Screen error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps check to be sure you have adequate disk space if a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacterer for driver updates try changing video adapters Check your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced startup options then select safe mode Technical information STOP x E xC x D A xD DBEAE x Ti win k sys - Address D A base at D Date stamp f aa Bc Collecting date for crash dump initialising disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical dump complete Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance If someone could please help me with this problem i would be very greatful nbsp

A:Blue Stop Error Screen

that can be caused by a virus
follow advice here and post the logs those programs make

once I see the logs I can determine if it needs moving to malware or whether it is more likely to be other software/hardware causing it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-stop-error-screen.1046510/
Relevancy 87.72%

0x000008E 0x000001D,0xEB17166B,0xF1C51b28,0x00000000

address EB171568B base at EB1600F datestamp 448cd31

Eeeep! What does this mean and how do I fix it?!

A:Blue screen STOP error

when you got the blue screen was there any other info? usually near the bottom left of the screen there is a file name.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-error-232857.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I am getting a stop error message 0x000000F4 I can't even get on Windows. I have a Dell Inspron 1525 with Windows Vista. I can't use safe mode or any of the modes. The hardware diagnostics check was clean. I tried start up repair from the OS disc with nothing. What can I do here

A:Stop Error Blue screen

How strange....I worked on a laptop last night with the same issue. In fact, it was the same exact laptop.
When I did the Dell Diagnostics tests, it came back with a failed hard drive. But yours passed?
One thing I did read about that error message that I did not try was checking the CMOS battery.
Try popping out the battery, wait 30-60 seconds, and putting it back in.
Otherwise, I would still suspect a failing hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-error-blue-screen.918086/
Relevancy 87.72%

I've been getting this Blue Screen that tells me to re-start my computer and it's frustrating me because I'm not sure why it keeps happening.

The blue screen says:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8054B0BA, 0xB2AC55EC, 0x00000000)

I have no clue what it means or why it's happening. It suggests I disable BIOS updates and says that a physical memory dump is occurring. I haven't downloading new drivers or anything (which is the suggestion Windows makes when I re-start the computer). I also have more then enough disk space so that shouldn't be an issue. Can anyone help?

I also may have part of the above stop error message wrong because I scribble it on a post-it. I can get a more detailed one if that helps. Thanks in advance because any help would be appreciated!!!!

Relevancy 87.72%

STOP:0x0000007E(0xc0000005,0xFA9A73922,0xF9E49008,0xF9E48D08)
viadsk.sys-address F9A73922 Base at F9A72000, Datestamp 38eb04c7

Relevancy 87.72%

I have gotten this screen a few times before but thought nothing of it bcz I could get back online after shutting down. Its gotten to a point where its bothering me now. It always states the same thing... There was an error with your new hardware, we need to shutdown, sorry for the inconvenience, etc etc... then it gives me a few error numbers... this first error number was the main one... then the others... came up exactly like it is here
0x000000D1 (0xF8F32CB8, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF8EE0CE0) Please help!
Ice

Relevancy 87.72%

I had been using Picasa version 2.7 to edit and upload my photos to Picasa online. All was fine until I downloaded version 3.0 Beta. I now get a blue screen stop error. Uninstalling 3.0 and reinstalling 2.7 does not correct the problem. I then did a search of the word 'Picasa' on my computer and found about 30 files which were not removed by the uninstall so I manually deleted these files. I then reinstalled 2.7 again but no change. I did a virus and spyware scan and no help there either. The blue screen appears when Picasa does its scan of the computer for pictures and videos - at the end. The error message reads: Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xA5ABCB2C, 0x00000000)

nv4_disp.dll - Address BF077755 base at BF012000, DateStamp 482dff70

I did the Dell self test diagnostics which turned up nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try updating your video card drivers from HERE. It looks like the install has caused some corruption for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-error-292361.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I've been getting a Blue screen lately, it rarely repeats on reboot, but keeps coming back periodically.

Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC000001D, 0x806ECABD, 0xBA4C2DC0, 0xBA4C2ABC)

Nothing after that. In my experience I have seen bad Memory cause blue screens, so I removed one stick and still got the error, I then switched to my other stick and thought I had found it because It went a couple of days, then today it happened again. This system has been running flawlessly since I built it, about a year and a half ago. No recent hardware or software changes, I was about to install Windows 7, but hadn't gotten around to it yet.

I do have 2 slave Hard drives, I am currently unplugging them one at a time to see if it continues.

Does anyone have any idea what these numbers in the error mean? Would appreciate any help. My system is in my signature.

Thanks,
Rick

A:Help with Blue Screen Stop Error

Post a zipped copy of your Minidump files found in your Windows folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-blue-screen-stop-error-487508.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,
This is for a gateway MX6448 Win XP. Tapped mouse when computer went into hibernate mode, then computer shut down and restarted with a blank screen then repeated to shut down and restart over and over. Went into bios F2 did nothing but exit and save. Restarted and it did the same thing. Went into F8 could not reboot into safe mode (did same thing) went into F10 chose to not automatically restart on system failure. Now reboots to blue screen with stop error: C0000221 bad image check sum. bad image gdi32.d77 is possibly corrupt the header does not match the computer check sum.

Please advise

Thank You so much

Relevancy 87.72%

I've been trolling through this website and many others to find the exact nature of my problem but I haven't come across any. From what I gather my problem can fall under many many different hardware/software problems but I am just going to go ahead and ask your advice anyway.

When I blue screen I get the following message

STOP: 0x0000009C (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFF880026D4B30, 0x00000000B6200000, 0x000000000002010A)

Now I have consulted with family members who are more switched on when it comes to the finer details of computing and they suggest that it is faulty RAM. Which I am inclined to believe as the blue screen occurs when I am running RAM intensive applications (Java based game (Minecraft)), it usually happens around the 65% mark. I've also taken Google's own advice of updating all system drivers. Everything is up to date.

Looking forward to your take on this.

Bucky

A:Stop error - blue screen

So check the memory using Memtest86

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-error-blue-screen.170462/
Relevancy 87.72%

hello
This morning I was working on my computer first it started working slowly then I tried using my web browser (fire fox) came up error not enough resources are available. So restarted my computer then the blue screen hit me I tried safe mode. Tried all options from boot menu didn?t work so can anyone please help me

im doing now memtest86

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-blue-error-screen-433366.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I kept getting a stop: error message everytime I tried to reinstall windows on this computer I am working on. I figured it was just a hard drive issue, so I replaced it and now I am running into the same type of error. It is a blue screen with this information:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF7577D44, 0xF7ADCC5C, 0xF7ADC92C)
Ntsf.sys - Address F7577D44 base at F7572000, DateStamp 3d6de5c1

then it runs a physical memory dump, any ideas?

A:Blue Screen W/ Stop: Error

I notice you have an HJT log posted. Is this the same computer? If so, please follow only the instructions given to you by the HJT team member who takes your log.

Thanks,
rigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136443/blue-screen-w-stop-error/
Relevancy 87.72%

I was removing SP3 due to a compapability issue when my laptop crashed. When it retarted I got the following...
I had a "Skipping Auto Check" - Fatal Error Stop: C000021a
The session manager initilazation system process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000)
the system has shut down

I am running xp home and have tried retstarting in "safe", "Repair", "last good config" etc none work. Tried loading XP disk and set up but now says it cant find any hard drives!

Please help!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-stop-error.789097/
Relevancy 87.72%

I keep gettting a blue screen error when i open internet explorer or firefox.

The stop error is

Problem detected and windows has been shut sown to prevent damage to the computer

RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x0000000A(0x00000002,0x0000000a,0x806E4A16)

The computer is a Dell Inspiron, i have tried removing software from the machine but i keeps happening.

Can anyone help me out, you help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

A:Stop Error - blue screen

Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error are an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, and incompatible software.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314063

Start by reinstalling the Video and motherboard drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-error-blue-screen.435347/
Relevancy 87.72%

I've got a case of the blues , I know this is isn't new news to anyone but the blue screen is not going away ,. I'm running a Compaq Armada E500 laptop with windows 2000. I've tried to clear the blue screen , F8 ,F12, i've tried to start up in safe mode and everything listed in the list of examples but nothing works. I switched hard drives from my other Laptop and it stared up no problem . how can i reboot the hard drive if i can't run in safe mode?

Any help with this matter would be great!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-blue-screen-error-help.782278/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey everyone Screen Blue Stop Error I need some help Here's the situation I have identical dell laptops exact same hardware profile and software deployment For Purposes of illustration I'll refer to them as A and B Laptop A came to my desk this morning with a stop error quot PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA quot pretty typical BSOD So I pull the hard drive and put it in laptop B it works flawlessly which rules out the drive software being the problem I then take the hard drive that just came out of laptop B and install it in laptop A Now both are working flawlessly which rules out the hardware in laptop A Thinking what ever the problem Blue Screen Stop Error is may have worked itself out I put the drives back in their respective laptops and again got the stop error in laptop A As a side note both laptops boot far enough to get to the login in screen it's when you log into the domain after it authenticates the users credentials that the page fault error occurs Any advanced knowledge in this matter would be appreciated Thank you

Questions..

What model laptops are they? Also, which OS are they running?

And..does the stop error occur during every boot? Or is it just most of the time?

When you installed Laptop A's Hard-Drive into Laptop B, did the chkdsk utility launch at start-up?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-error-286293.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I need help with an error I ve been getting every so often I spent the last Error/blue Screen Stop few weeks dealing with HJT logs and combofix trying to find the problem The topic has been closed because my registry is clean and my Stop Error/blue Screen virus software isn t finding any viruses I ve been told to turn off my automatic restart so I can get the information from the blue screen I ve done that and it is a I Stop Error/blue Screen think Stop Error/blue Screen Stop Error The top of the page says a problem has been detected and so on It has KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR It says some other generic problem solving steps that don t really work like checking for installation of any new hardware and software It talks about disabling some of the BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing I have not done that only because I don t know what it will do I know how to do it just not what it will do or the purpose Then it says Technical Information STOP x A xc dd ac xc e xf eb x c atapi sys - Address F eb base at f da DateStamp b d Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support groupfor further assistance I apologize for how long this is but I wanted to get all the important inforation down incase any of it was important Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated Thank you very much

A:Stop Error/blue Screen

Try this: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1106266732

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169656/stop-errorblue-screen/
Relevancy 86.86%

One of our computers went out yesterday. Well, I say it went out.....I got it to come back to life. We got the blue screen as soon as Internet Explorer was opened up. Here is the code:

0x77f69ecd 0x00f5ef8c

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

A:Windows XP Blue Screen Error Code

Check XP's event viewer; see if you can glean additional information there.

I've found this link very useful in troubleshooting XP's errors:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/support/ee.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-blue-screen-error-code.235422/
Relevancy 86.86%

Blue screen error quot Stop C Rlegistry error Blue screen Looping code, and XP File Failure systemRoot system config software or its log or alternate It is corrupt absent or not writable Registry cannot load the hive file Begining dump of physical memory quot HP Pavilion ze us The above first appeared well after I'd successfully logged on and everything appeared to be working fine Came back into room after laptop had initially gone to screensaver and saw creen save mode had become the blue screen w above message It's in a never ending loop from the blue error screen to the black apology open w safe mode options last successful etc none of which break the loop or work Inserting the first of the Recovery CDs xp sp op systm - the nd is applctn and driver recovery does nothing even when selecting to boot from CD XP Blue screen error code, and Looping The loop simply repeats over and over and over All articles I've found suggest either booting from recovery CD or downloading fix from internet - but if the CD isn't stopping the loop and the loop never allows for an internet access only the if you count the inital Windows screen w esc optn also not working which shows just before going to the blue screen followed by the apology screen so no way to open a browser much less download from the web Please help - if anyone can I'd happily wipe it clean and start from beginning if I could just break the loop cycles should that be an the only option XP Blue screen error code, and Looping - thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-blue-screen-error-code-and-looping-493362.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Should the files oemReset_Silent and SM_configure Pro be listed
in my registry? I trying to find out why my computer keeps going to the
blue screen and then dump.

A:Blue Screen error code 0X0000019

Hi

Copy the dump files from c:\windows\minidump to your desktop. Then zip them and attach them to your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-code-0x0000019-523959.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello Everyone Although my problem is the 0xc000025 like Blue others! Screen code error unlike yours as indicated by the threads on this page I received the deadly Blue Screen on my legacy Windows v Pro -- gt v -- gt v Pro today It worked perfectly yesterday but I tried to save many of my most important files from the laptop onto an SSD internal drive using the manufacturer's and a third party's software The third party's software did not work or install on the previous or current day In fact nothing worked witness the Blue Screen problem Unhappily I lost those files and OneDrive only has the most current files which are just backups Further Google Drive serves nearly the same purpose as OneDrive so it also does not my important legacy files Therefore I lost them I assume until I receive professional help My so called recovery CDs were worthless Oh boy here we go again with Blue Screen problems guys and gals Help if you can Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b3441b11-f2fa-4690-a1b7-495667ad1ccb/blue-screen-error-code-0xc000025-like-the-others?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I'm new to this site and my computer knowledge is pretty much zero, therefore a step by step idots guide would really be appreciated

My laptop stopped working suddenly and began to try to reboot but failed. I got the following error codes on a blue screen 0x000000ed (0xfffffa80057ac610,0xffffffffc0000185,0x0000000000000000,0x0000000000000000) unmountable_boot_volume

and I have no idea what any of this means. It then went to a screen that said it would repair windows start up but it didn't and I'm just left with the blue windows screen but no icons or buttons are visible. I've tried starting in safe mode and also restart at last known good configuration but nothing works.

Can anyone help as I have many photos and files on this laptop that I don't want to lose. Any help and advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 86.86%

error code BCD  0XC0000098 just hit my alienware 17 laptop ..  long after I updated to windows 10.   I do not have start up disk..  Can anyone direct me to a fix for this situation?  thanks.. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984131
Relevancy 86.86%

I was trying to set up a mobile hotspot and I got a blue screen saying error, information was collect and they system rebooted.  Error code 0x000001d8 - What I have found so far it is saying it a driver issue but have not found the solution.  I didn't have problems until doing the setup tonight.  Please tell me how to resolve this problem.

A:Error blue screen - code 0x000001d8

Hi debrajwood!  Welcome to the Acer Community!

If you could just tell us the model of computer you have and what operating system it's running, we can move your post to a more specific forum in an effort to get your question more exposure!  Just reply here and we'll get your post moved!

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the  Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Error-blue-screen-code-0x000001d8/td-p/455347
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi Techspot community, thanks a lot for providing the forum, it is really helpful.

I have IBM ThinkPad T42, now a days I am getting blue screen frequently,

Error code 10000050, parameter1 a8ba0093, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 ecca5ccf, parameter4 00000000.

Any ideas what could be the reason?
Is there any utility available for download that interpret dump files?

Cordially,
Yassi

A:Blue Screen, Error code 10000050,

Can you boot into Windows or where does this happen?

Prior Loading Windows
After Loading Windows
During Windows after you logon?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-error-code-10000050.78353/
Relevancy 86.86%

please help me to solves the following error detailed below

akram
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: C0497B18
BCP2: C000000E
BCP3: 4A6A98C0
BCP4: 92F63206
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\070814-57938-01.dmp
C:\Users\Akram\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-225608-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:BLUE Screen Error code 1033

BitDefender is causing issues.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 86b95880, 86b959ec, 82c35eb0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bdselfpr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdselfpr.sys
----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
Uninstall all traces of BitDefender and install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

Note
Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: c0455a88, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: c000000e, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 8dcbc860, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: 8ab516cc, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware
Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

Run chkdsk. Disk Check

Post back with the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337270-blue-screen-error-code-1033-a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

From Two days i trying to searching in every web and in every languageto try to understand the solution at for my problem And i'm here to please you to save me from this situation where i'm so confused My real problem is that i can't access to system in not any modality because there is an error message Bluescreen that surely block the loading of someone main functions This is the message reported from blue screen with relative index error that i'm not succed to understand STOP c a Fatal System Error The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x xc x Report errore Diagnosi recovery tool How can I to make and to read the dumpings file I can't acces to login screen Of course the sampler solution would be to rewrite windows Do this Index code? you screen! error Blue know in these cases when it goes well Ma ci sono tanti programmi grossi che uso per lavoro collegati al sistema che non posso perdere I'm trying to study and to learn more possible slight knowledge about function of system's files in order to succeed to resolve these problems but now I find up sea Can someone give a straight one to me in order to orient to me or must be resigned to rewrite or formatingat this time Sorry sorry sorry for my english Blue screen! Do you know this Index error code? I hope that some word can be understandig Thanks in advance

A:Blue screen! Do you know this Index error code?

Hello Alexinf, Welcome to SF!

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode? Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174675-blue-screen-do-you-know-index-error-code.html
Relevancy 86.86%

hi ,my system config is
mother board -inteldx79to
Ram -corsair vengence 8*2=16gb
graphics -quadro fx1800
processor -intel i7 3820
windows 7 ultimate ,professional os

i tried to clean rams ,changed sata pwr cables ,formatted many times but still problem continuing,pls help...

A:blue screen error very freqently ,bc code 124

Bugcheck 0x124 is generally indicative of a hardware problem, please post your files following Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and have a read of Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Very often this kind of bugcheck is simply overheating so start there by checking machine temps at idle and under load

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295479-blue-screen-error-very-freqently-bc-code-124-a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Well my girlfriend is having problems with her computer, Here's the error report she gave me I'd be incredibly grateful for any help given

BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFFA800ACA26CF
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\070510-17331-01.dmp
C:\Users\Melissa\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60325-0.sysdata.xml

I have one of those dumps that it says to check but I have no clue how to go about looking at them tried opening with notepad and well.. you guys can imagine how that went over if you've tried it, I'll attach it if need be. Also doing some goggling I wasn't able to find anything specific about this error or how I could decode it myself once again thanks for your help

A:Blue screen, Error code inside

Info on this particular error: BSOD Index

How to read the dump files: WinDbg Analysis Report

Stuff we need (we need all of the minidumps): http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/95671-blue-screen-error-code-inside.html