Windows Support Forum

How do you change the system password in Windows XP?

Q: How do you change the system password in Windows XP?

I have often encountered the advice to use strong passwords. I want to change the system password on my PC but I don't know the procedure for changing it. My PC is a Gateway E2500 and the operating system is Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

I've checked the manual, where the phrase "system password" does not appear. It doesn't appear in Microsoft Help or its Glossary, either.

I know what my present password is, so this isn't a forgotten password problem. I am not talking about a user password for a user account, but the system password for the whole operating system.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do you change the system password in Windows XP?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do you change the system password in Windows XP?

the user (admin) account is the full operating system unless you are talking about the bio password. That is the one where when you turn on the computer it immediately asks for the password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-you-change-the-system-password-in-windows-xp-561127.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Our Windows 7 users are prompted when their passwords will expire in 14 Days, however They are not forced to change thier password before it expires. If the users ignore the expiration warning they can only get logged into the network after having the helpdesk
reset thier password.
Is there a way to force Windows 7 users to change thier passwords on the day it expires. Our WinXP users get the 14 day warning and are forced to change thier passwords on day 14.
I have the GPO configured to notifiy users when thier passwords will expire in 14 days
Thank you,
Glen

A:Windows 7 Expired Password - Recvd Warning prompts but not forced to change password

Hi,

After applying above settings, the user can change the password by default at the expire day. Please create a new domain profile and test the issue on several Windows
7 machines. Can the user be enforced to change password at expire day? If not, please refer to the following steps to collect the information for research.

1. On the DC, open GPMC, right-click Group Policy Results, choose Group Policy Results Wizard, follow the wizard to collect a Group Policy result for problematic
Windows 7 client.

2. On the Windows 7 machine where GPO failed to apply, please perform the following steps to collect log files:

a) Please add the specified registry key to enable group policy log (%windir%\debug\usermode\gpsvc.log), and remove or rename it to disable group policy log after
collecting data. You may need to create the Diagnostics key if it is not there.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics

Type: DWORD

Value: GPSvcDebugLevel

Data: 0x30002 (hexadecimal)

b) Then on the problematic Win7 machine, run command “gpupdate /force”.

c) Then on the problematic Win7 machine, run command “gpresult /v > gpr_win7.txt”, send me gpr_win7.txt file.

d) On the problematic Win7 machine, run command “eventvwr”, then expand to Applications and service logs -> Microsoft -> windows -> groupPolicy
-> Operational. Right-click on it and click “save event as”. Save the file as .evtx format and send it to me.
e) After that, please send me the above output files. (please zip them first and then send them to me).

- %windir%\debug\usermode\gpsvc.log
- gpr_win7.txt
- win7.evtx

Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the GPMC
result and the zip files, and then give us the download address.

Thanks,
Novak
 Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad8b5f6d-53e6-4e8a-88a3-c25d9694d831/windows-7-expired-password-recvd-warning-prompts-but-not-forced-to-change-password?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm working on a Windows 7 laptop for which the user has forgotten the password. So, putting my windows 7 DVD in, I boot into System Recovery and go to a command window. I try to change the user password for "User X" as it displays at login, and the system kindly informs me "User X" doesn't exist.

Using net user, I see that the only two users that exist are "Administrator" and "Guest". So, I activate administrator using "net user administrator /activate:yes". Then I change the password of administrator.

Rebooting into safe mode, I find "User X" and "Guest" still my only options. I try the password I set for administrator (since User X doesn't exist), but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

A:Cannot change user password in System Recovery

Hello Rando,

You might see if you may be able to reset the password using Method Three in the tutorial below instead.

Reset User Account Password - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169155-cannot-change-user-password-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 57.62%

WASHINGTON The requests cascade in Reset your password Update your anti-virus program If as a computer user such digital demands irritate you you may have computer security fatigue It s an actual system Why your hack asking the to password it you makes to easier change phenomenon studied by behavioral scientists and computer Why asking you to change your password makes it easier to hack the system security experts It happens when users get bombarded with security warnings and demands for compliance As a result the studies show three-quarters of computer users know how to make strong passwords but don t practice what they know It just seems too overwhelming After all average users have dozens of accounts that require logins and passwords We ve been coming to realize that we ve been asking people unreasonable things in terms of passwords said Dr Lujo Bauer of the school of electrical and computer engineering at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh It s not possible to create strong passwords that are unique and actually remember them It s even worse if we have to periodically change them he added IT S NOT POSSIBLE TO CREATE STRONG PASSWORDS THAT ARE UNIQUE AND ACTUALLY REMEMBER THEM Lujo Bauer computer security expert at Carnegie Mellon University A new government study titled Security Fatigue argues that users feel it s gotten too hard to maintain adequate security so they ve grown careless Security may be getting worse Users are tired of being overwhelmed by the need to be constantly on alert tired of all the measures they are asked to adopt to keep themselves safe and tired of trying to understand the ins and outs of online security warned the study by the National Institute of Standards and Technology a unit of the Commerce Department And hey it s not just average users Think Silicon Valley tech honchos Some of them just reuse the same simple password for multiple sites a big no-no for computer security How else did Mark Zuckerberg have his Twitter and Pinterest accounts hacked last June His password for both accounts was dadada according to the hackers Then there was Hillary Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta who this week had his Twitter account his iPhone and his iPad hacked because he apparently used the same password for his Apple ID and Twitter Concern about online security grows apace with the frequency and volume of hacks of retailers banks social media and other sites that let vast numbers of passwords fall into the hands of hackers So far in more than million passwords have been leaked according to a new study from LastPass a password manager product from Logmein com a Boston-based software and cloud management company PEOPLE DON T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY VE BEEN HACKED Joe Siegrist vice president of LastPass password manager software What you hear about is just the tip of the iceberg People don t even know that they ve been hacked said Joe Siegrist vice president of LastPass It s probable that everybody in the United States has lost a password or had one stolen and they don t even know about it Bauer said Problem is if you reuse the password and it got swiped from LinkedIn or Ashley Madison or some other site that was hacked in the past year or so maybe your bank account or social media account is at risk experts said LastPass arranged a survey of adults in the United States and five other developed countries to explore their password habits and found that percent know there is a risk to reusing passwords but percent continue to do so The requests cascade in Reset your password Update your anti-virus program If as a computer user such digital demands irritate you you may have computer security fatigue It s an actual phenomenon studied by behavioral scientists and computer security experts It happens when users get bombarded with security warnings and demands for compliance As a result the studies show three-quarters of computer users know how to make strong passwords but don t practice what they know It just s... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/why-asking-you-to-change-your-password-makes-it-easier-to-hack-the-system.64562/
Relevancy 56.76%

We have a win 7 PC that has the password set to expire every 42 days (be design set in gpedit.msc). The user logs in and is presented with the "you must change password" screen. They enter a password and get this.  "configuration
information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or because access is denied" 
  It is a WORKGROUP pc not a member of a domain but unsure if it every was. I changed the password using the administrator account and set the password that way without issue but the user stated that this was not the first time they had this issue.
I deleted the GPO settings (https://www.404techsupport.com/2014/04/script-clear-cached-group-policies/) and changed it to WORKGROUP1 in an attempt to reinforce the
non-domain status and no change. User is not restricted from changing their own password. User is not the admin.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6da50f2d-165c-4190-adc0-650552a0cf7e/standalone-system-says-local-user-cant-change-password-because-of-domain-controller?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 53.32%

I am running Win SP with all the latest updates in Parallels with all the latest updates on a MacBookPr I attempted to change my Windows Network password yesterday and received the following error message quot An attempt was made to logon but change 7 Cannot password in Windows the network logon service was not started quot lt See screenshot below gt So I went to computer management to start the NetLogon Service and received the following message quot Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot So I checked what service this was dependent on and it is Workstation Tried to start Workstation and got the same error Checked and there Cannot change password in Windows 7 are service dependencies Browser Support Driver Network Cannot change password in Windows 7 Store Interface Service SMB x MiniRedirector SMB MiniRedirector Network Store Interface Service is running The other Cannot change password in Windows 7 three are not in the services panel I confirmed that the Browser Support Driver exists But there is no service to start as it is a driver I believe I have rebooted multiple times ran virus scans I googled this problem for hours Also I do not have a Windows Restore point Totally flummoxed a to what the issue is My guess is somehow one these files got corrupted Any help would be greatly appreciated Bryan

A:Cannot change password in Windows 7

Did you attempt to manually start the net logon service?

SMB services are a little tricky, this might be of some help
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2696547

Good luck and keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381618-cannot-change-password-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

How do I change my log-on password?

A:Windows 8.1 password change

Hello Huey,

It depends if you sign in to Windows 8.1 with a local account or Microsoft account.

Local Account Password - Change or Remove in Windows 8

Microsoft Account Password - Change or Reset in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60497-windows-8-1-password-change.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Since recently W7 wants me to change the pw of my homegroup very regularly.
Because I am the sole user of everything I don't want it to change: got the same one for 30 years now and it never harmed me...

How do I let the nag disappear?

Thanks, Barend

A:Windows wants me to change my password

Are you sure that this is not a virus. Better scan a bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314002-windows-wants-me-change-my-password.html
Relevancy 52.46%

This is NOT about hacking or overriding passwords

I have windows XP home edition.

A couple of days ago I changed my windows password and the system accepted the change but when I restarted the computer it kept saying pw was not valid even though I was sure it was the correct one.
I went through a few manoeuvres to get by that problem, removed the password and reset it. Again, the computer kept saying the pw was not valid. I tried to set several passwords, always with the same result.
My pw included lower and upper caps, numbers and special characters, I believe windows should accept those.

Finally I reset my old password, the one I used to have before trying to make the change, and with that one it's fine, it lets me in. So basically, my computer only lets me set up one particular password!

Anybody knows what the problem is?

Thank you for reading.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I'm using Win Ultimate with service windows a the on I password complexity how do change 7? pack and in the process of installing World Ship we encounter error Upon calling UPS for tech assistance they are telling me that the error is cause by the Password Complexity settings in Win So I searched online how do I change the password complexity on a windows 7? and found in Microsoft that by searching for secpol msc I can change the settings on my computer However I can't I can see the menu enter the properties see the options but they are grayed out I repeated the process and made sure I access this as an how do I change the password complexity on a windows 7? admin to no avail I also tried this on my Win professional computer same problem So I figure since they are on my network I need to change the settings on my server So I access the settings only to see they where quot Not Defined quot regardless I changed the Password Complexity to Disable and ran the cmd command gpupdate Nothing Can you tell me what I've done wrong Did I miss something or is there a better way to do this

A:how do I change the password complexity on a windows 7?

Hello Contfe,

I can't help you with the greyed out options, but regarding your initial problem, you might want to look at this tutorial
Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298540-how-do-i-change-password-complexity-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I gave a user a computer that another person had been using because hers died. I added her profile and reset her password etc and gave it to her. She soon noticed that she couldn't change her password, getting an error that it doesn't meet the history, length or complexity requirements of the domain. I tested this, and even when matching these requirements and using new passwords, it wasn't taking. I also noticed at the change password screen, there was an option for "other credentials" which I hid using this article:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...tpronetworking

I also deleted other unused profiles on the machine, removed and rejoined the computer to the domain.
Windows 7 professional / server 2008 environment. Has anyone ran into this or have any advice?

A:New computer, Cannot change windows password

Is this a work pc ? Owned by an employer ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361797-new-computer-cannot-change-windows-password.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Fool that I am, I have been the victim of a Windows Support Scam.

It is on a Toshiba laptop, running Windows 8.1.

Following my session, I was able to change my Administrative account password. But I am unable to change my operating account (unprivileged) password. Each time I attempt to change it, it does not migrate to the "change password" dialog box (it just looks like it is trying to do that) then displays the message that the password may not have changed.

Any help will be appreciated.

TSG log:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16305 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, -2016 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 943516 MB, Free - 719571 MB;
Motherboard: Type2 - Board Vendor Name1, Type2 - Board Product Name1
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a 2 character password in windows 10
and I changed it before from another 2 character password but this time it will not let me change the password

I can log in with the password but when I go change it says incorrect password in user settings

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/cannot-change-password-windows-10-anymore-278518/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a guest account that is a child (because lots of guests are kids and they need to be kids to monitor) and I don't know their password. I have tried lots of different websites and nothing works! Please help! It would be greatly appreciated!

A:How can I change a child's password on Windows 10?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have a guest account that is a child (because lots of guests are kids and they need to be kids to monitor) and I don't know their password. I have tried lots of different websites and nothing works! Please help! It would be greatly appreciated! If you are the Admin, you can remove account and create a new one. But surely better for you deleting it and creating a real parent controlled child account via Settings -> Account -> Add a family member, so you can take control on passwords and sites if necesary.
A standard Guest account is the usual old Guest account, only limitation is he can't touch the system

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440640-how-can-i-change-childs-password-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am using a borrowed laptop to make this posting I cannot access the Internet from my brand new desktop computer running Windows Here is the full story I share my daughter's wireless home network to access the Internet She change network 8.1? password to Windows in How lives upstairs right above us How to change network password in Windows 8.1? Last night for some reason she changed the How to change network password in Windows 8.1? password of her secured password protected network This morning when I tried to connect to the Internet using my desktop running Windows I got an error message basically saying Cannot connect to the Internet Your network configuration has changed When I asked my daughter about it she said she had changed the password of her network and GAVE ME THE NEW PASSWORD Now I have been trying for hours trying to figure out how to change the password in my PC's network configuration so that I can automatically connect to the Internet like before Unfortunately no luck My daughter uses Mac computers She does not know how to change it in Windows So borrowing her Mac I Googled The best article I found was this one http www tutorials com view-change-password-wireless-network-windows- - I came close but the last and final step described in the above article does not match Windows may be it is so in Windows I could not find the Security tab or anything where I can view and change the password for the network Somebody please help quickly I have to access the Internet ASAP A lot of work needs to done Thanks in advance Again your instructions has to be for Windows

A:How to change network password in Windows 8.1?

If you are talking about the Wireless connection, but she kept the same SSID, it should be asking you for the new passphrase, when it fails.  If it doesn't, you can go to the Network Adapter, as stated in that tutorial and change it.  Otherwise you can uninstall the Wireless adapter, which will flush the Security key and all settings, then reinstall again, and you should be good to go.

It will number the adapter one number higher, but that does not matter.  You can also remove the key, by following this guide.  http://superuser.com/questions/148139/where-does-vista-windows-7-store-wireless-connection-information  Only thing kept in the registry, is the network connection info, not the keys anymore.  The keys in that file are encrypted, so it is not plaintext.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519444/how-to-change-network-password-in-windows-81/
Relevancy 52.46%

So around 3:30 am i was browsing the internet like normal when i had to go to bathroom about 15 minutes later i came back and i notice that i cant login because usually i have a 4 digit password and now i can type more than 4 digit i tried everything i could imagine even my hotmail email password. I need help i know it sound weird but it's true. Also i can't connect to my network anymore from my laptop lock screen as u can see on the bottom right corner.http://m.imgur.com/E2oRCO7

A:Windows 10 automatically change password

Hi @Hemanlam, welcome to tenforums!

Maybe try logging into your MS account online to reset your credentials.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/42841-windows-10-automatically-change-password.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The side menu of windows 8.1 is not coming when I place my pointer at the edge of the screen.Without which its impossible for me to change my access password.Please help me

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/439977-i-cant-change-password-my-windows-8-1-laptop-what-should-i-do.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello fellow Windows 7ers,

I have just had this problem recently that has been very frustrating.

Preface this with: I had this OLD password that I had set. During this time I had that password I did use windows' system image utility to backup my old 500GB drive to restore it on a 1TB drive and I did that while I had this password.

Now, when I try to change the password it will not save the change. When I change it, I can logout and it will accept the NEW password, but once I reboot or shut down and it comes back up, it only accepts the OLD password.

Any ideas? Thanks

A:Windows won't save password change

It sounds like windows is corrupt you may want to try reinstalling it to fix the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179478-windows-wont-save-password-change.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi
Im using windows mail , and I need to change my password. How can I do that? I also check my emails on att page page by yahoo I tried to change it there and I couldn't.
Thanks

A:Change my password on windows mail

Welcome
Hope this helps
How to Change a Windows Mail Password | eHow.com

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/290578-change-my-password-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Good Day

ladies and gentlemen

I have been Happy with windows 10

But I would Like to change my window Logon password

through the user account it wont let me

Any Advice
Thank you

A:Cant change windows Logon password

Hello Ngavmot, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If this is for a Microsoft account, then you could use Option 6 or 7 in the tutorial below to change your password.

Password of User Account - Change in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56738-cant-change-windows-logon-password.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I thought I was signing up for a microsoft account and did not realize i was actually chaning my windows startup screen now I am stuck at the start up screen and was so unnerved, i forgot what the password was. The start up screen just sits there with the 4 window panes and every time I enter a possible password it does nothing. What can I do to get past this screen so I can get into the system without doing a full recovery?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/can-t-open-windows-10-because-of-password-change/td-p/5735918
Relevancy 52.03%

we have 1 windows 2000 server not domain(workgrup) and 15 xp wokstations people can share folder and work smoothly but I want to know how can user change their password from their XP work station to windows 2000 work group server.

Thanks
Bs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-workgroup-password-change.478916/
Relevancy 52.03%

Please help

I am trying to change the password on my
computer - but get a message that says "the password you typed does
not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum length,
password complexity and password history requirements"

I have searched and found where these settings are managed in Windows
XP - it is under Control Panel > Administrative tools > Local security
policy > Security settings > Account Policies > Password Policy

The Password Policies are all set to the minimum (zeros and disabled)
- but still I get the error when I try and change the password. I have
even tried setting the password to something that will meet the
complexity, length and history requirements and still I get the error

Regards

Relevancy 52.03%

I have just installed a new PC running Windows 7 Professional for an existing user on our Windows 2003 domain. When she tries to change her domain password, she gets an "access denied" error message. I am able to change her password on the server, and the new
password works fine. I have added her to the local administrator group. But no success. As a test, I added a 2nd user from the same domain to the users on the PC. The 2nd user is able to login and successfully change her password. Not sure where
to go from here except to create a new account on the Domain for the 1st user. Any help would be appreciated.
This is a single forest, Windows 2003 domain, with no other trusts.
This is the 1st Wiondows 7 PC added to the domain. All other workstations are Windows XP.

A:User cannot change their Domain password on new Windows 7 PC

Check her account in AD, is it set to require logon to change password in the "Users must log on in order to change password" check box in the Account Policy ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88629ff4-2fcf-42ed-8052-bfc3843d9fed/user-cannot-change-their-domain-password-on-new-windows-7-pc?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I am having trouble with changing my password on my windows 8 laptop it keeps saying Server Unavailable Right Now Try Again Later it doesn't matter how many days I wait it still keeps saying the same thing.

Thank you.

A:Windows 8 Password Change Server Unavailable Right Now

First of all, SHRINK DOWN your fonts! They don't need to be huge!

Second, my guess is that you are logging in through your MS account -- and since I avoid that option like the plague, I can't help.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59903-windows-8-password-change-server-unavailable-right-now.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Anyone have a best practice for user who wants to change there password on there Windows machine (on a domain) and phone at the same time without locking there account?. Most of the time the user change his password on Windows then by the time it change it on his phone his account is lock due to the fact that the phone is trying to login with old password.

A:Best practice to change password on Windows and phone

Log out on one machine before you change your password on the other.
Log back in with new password.

This post made my brain hurt quite a lot! its like chicken Vs egg ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-practice-to-change-password-on-windows-and-phone.189331/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Team,

There is a requirement in our environment related to windows 7. Is that possible to modify the pop up description showing in the windows 7 password change reminder pop up.

I want to add some more information to that pop up ( showing in the right bottom corner in the task bar).

Sanjib

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d3e6c7a-7af0-4421-9dd4-c1fc1f95c913/modifying-the-description-of-windows-7-password-change-pop-up?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all I recently changed the SSID 7 wifi change password to in windows Unable and wep key digit - passphrase generated on my router Linksys WAG v Unable to change wifi password in windows 7 Firmware All computers on the network have been updated successfully and are accessing the internet except one It's a new Viao laptop running Windows Ultimate -bit It's been working fine able to access the internet on this router until I changed the SSID and password Now whenever I try to connect it only gives limited access The password has been triple checked Router has been reset multiple times I've disabled re-enabled repaired and even uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless card All settings on the laptop have been cross-checked with other computers on the network and it all matches exactly The laptop isn't receiving any packets from the router and the router hasn't assigned an IP address or SSID to the laptop indicating an authentication issue This is supported by network diagnostics asking me to check the wep key which I've obviously done many times On the router side all other computers are having no problems there are no restriction policies set up I've released all clients and re-checked lease times and maximum allowable connections Everything is working for the other computers I'm thinking this is a registry bug as my girlfriend may have entered the Wep key incorrectly the first time but I'm fresh out of ideas and haven't found any similar problem on the forums Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Unable to change wifi password in windows 7

Can't you just log into the router and reset the settings?

If you don't have the password, you can perform a "hard" reset using the reset button on the back of the router, normally you need to hold this button down for up to 30 seconds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77015-unable-change-wifi-password-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Panasonic FZ1000 camera that is wi-fi capable. However, I'm having the worst time getting the PC and camera to pair, as have many others. One suggested workaround was to disable "Password protected sharing" in the control panel's Advanced Sharing Settings. However, windows won't let me do this because (to the best of my knowledge) I would first have to remove the password from my Guest user account. I have tried numerous times to do this, but unsuccessfully. Here's what's happening: I enter the Guest account using its proper pw. In the control panel, I get to the "remove your password" screen. Here there is a field asking for my current pw. I enter the pw used to gain access to the Guest account and get the message that "Windows cannot change the password." BTW, "Password protected sharing" can't be disabled in the Guest account, either. Help please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382540-windows-wont-allow-password-change-2nd-user-account.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi. I've changed my password for my pc but now it won't login automatically. When I boot my pc it tries to login and fails telling me the password is wrong. I then have to type in the password and it logs me in. I seems like it has changed my password for the pc but not for the auto login. I checked my settings and it still says that users do not need a password to login.

Any ideas?

A:Windows won't login automatically after password change

Originally Posted by McLovin

Hi. I've changed my password for my pc but now it won't login automatically. When I boot my pc it tries to login and fails telling me the password is wrong. I then have to type in the password and it logs me in. I seems like it has changed my password for the pc but not for the auto login. I checked my settings and it still says that users do not need a password to login.

Any ideas?

maybe you still have to change password there. recheck> apply> uncheck> apply> give new password

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62471-windows-wont-login-automatically-after-password-change.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have setup internet connection in small institute with operating system xp and limited account for internet browsing. Any students can use internet through this computer at any time by logging through limited. Now the trouble is that some notorious students start putting password to limited student account making pc inaccessible to other students. Each time administrator have to remove this password. How can student can be denied to put any password to it's own (Limited Student's) account?

It is not possible to keep watch on students. So, is there any way to prevent this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/preventing-guest-to-change-password-in-windows-xp-175176.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I'm having a particularly weird problem with User passwords in a domain environment I've recently changed the Domain password policy Windows Expires at change cannot logon Password and applied it Windows Password Expires cannot change at logon correctly while taking away the quot account policies password policy quot settings from the default domain policy either way this problem already existed before changing the policies During the change of Password policy we activated for everyone quot password never expires quot and are reactivating this checkbox OU by OU The problem User passwords are older than the max allowed time therefore users have to change passwords at logon screen Most users get the normal message quot Your password has expired please change it quot and when they click ok they are prompted to change it However on certain workstations the user only sees the quot ok quot button from picture one and when he clicks it it takes him back to the logon screen to connect with a user not to picture screen When this happens the only way to log into this account again is to go into AD and reset the password for the User If the Same user were to reset his password through ctrl alt delete he would have no problem changing the password Also if the same user tries changing it on another PC he gets the picture screen therefore i'm thinking there is a computer setting somewhere not allowing him to change on certain workstations

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df3adc6b-ea08-4cdc-96be-5dbd215c5b97/windows-password-expires-cannot-change-at-logon?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 51.6%

If I change my operating system to linux and delete my old operating system entirely, will I be able to still use system restore to change my old operating system back?
Please help. All help is appreciated.

A:If I change my operating system to linux, can I still use windows' system restore?

The simple answer is no. If you remove an OS then you can not use it to do a restore because it is no longer there to run the restore program. What I would recommend would be to have a duel boot system.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298709-if-i-change-my-operating-system-linux-can-i-still-use-windows-system-restore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I hardly even need a password for my puter. My online passwords are high security, long and complex. I really do not want to type those in every time I start. I do have a much simpler one that I've been using for the laptop.

I've even selected to start without a password, but it still asks for my Live pw. I've also tried cancelling my Live account, but haven't been able to so far. I would hate to give up my Outlook email account, and might have to if I cancel live.

But something has to give. If I can't get a few of these pains taken care of, I'm slamming it in the can and going back to 7.

A:8 requires Windows Live password to start, change that?

Hello Sine, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to set Windows 8 to sign in to your user account automatically at startup.

Log On User Account Automatically at Windows 8 Startup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/14401-8-requires-windows-live-password-start-change.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Many of you may have used or heard about this trick By replacing Setch exe The Sticky Keys Executable in C Windows System with a renamed CMD exe Command Executable all one has to do to Change in Trick. Windows Miss Hit Setch.exe and 8/8.1 Password run an Elevated Command Prompt is hit the shift key a few times at the Windows Login Page From there it's a simple case of running Net User User Name Password to change a User's password Now there are ways to stop this from working The simplest is to set the system to disable Sticky Keys so that hitting shift does nothing thus blocking the load of the Setch exe The second and in the past not really practical or possible for most users is to setup the computer in a Domain so that a Domain Server handles the User Accounts and Passwords Given that very few people actually care about Sticky Keys and that only Pro Ultimate and Server level Windows distributions have really ever had Domain Access Capabilities it's been easy sailing as the Setch Setch.exe Trick. Password Change in Windows 8/8.1 Hit and Miss exe trick just worked I can report that it still works in Setch.exe Trick. Password Change in Windows 8/8.1 Hit and Miss Windows as ever though still stoppable via the aforementioned limitations but for one new hitch Domain Access is enabled on a low level the moment a Windows system is setup MS Account If the computer has only been configured with Local User Accounts then there is no change what so ever but with an MS account you will be given a Permissions Error if you try and change a password this way The short of this is simple If you're trying to be more secure then there is actually something to be gained from setting up Windows with a MS account The problem for most though is that if you forget your Password then you're more or less boned There is only one way I know of that can get access to a Windows system to at least recover a missing password in this case and that is to use a tool like Ophcrack That tool does work on Windows with MS accounts but just like with older versions of Windows a good long password will take a long time to crack if at all and may need large Multy Gigabyte Rainbow Tables to even have a chance of cracking The end of this is simply that all though one can still use the Setch exe trick to do many things Net User may nolonger be a viable option

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515486/setchexe-trick-password-change-in-windows-881-hit-and-miss/
Relevancy 51.6%

I there a way to change the location of the password box on the Windows 7 logon Screen.

I managed to remove the Picture Frame on the login screen using instruction found on this forum months ago, but now, I am an assassin's creed fan, and I have changed the background screen to the Assassin's Creed Logo and would like to move the "password input box" down so that It does not end up n the middle logo.

Thank you.

A:change location windows 7 password box on logon screen

There must be, but it either involves knowing a programmer/hacker that crafted a program for you, or doing some intense studying of Window's inner workings and twiddling knobs here and there, heh.

Could that information you used to change the picture be used to guide you in a somewhat correct direction regarding the window position? Beware things can probably be ruined horribly if you twiddle with knobs of unknown origin . . .

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/218466-change-location-windows-7-password-box-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 51.6%

my girlfriends dell comp has crashed from gamer roomate using it on real nasty sites i cleared trojans bugs virus's and a keyloger not kidding with malwarebytes and other programs godbless you all that CHANGE FIND HELP ACCOUNT TO PASSWORD WINDOWS CODE i found here this is about th HELP FIND WINDOWS ACCOUNT CODE TO CHANGE PASSWORD time i have had to all but dump the hard drive to get it to work again I want to change her passcode because roomamte is after looking forever i found the page in the her mechine that lets you do that with a interface with to windows on net they using her on file e-address sent a code that they want I HELP FIND WINDOWS ACCOUNT CODE TO CHANGE PASSWORD put code in but now it wants her ms account code QUESTION where do i find that MS account code to satisfy MS is it in her computer some where QUESTION she got a dell disc with comp does that contain her ms programe so i can just wipe mechine clean we can't tell HELP FIND WINDOWS ACCOUNT CODE TO CHANGE PASSWORD from the cover if its just dell junk or everything they put in and windows and the mechine is still almost not usable so i am afrade to try to play it QUESTON I am seeing net pages that say she can upgrade to windows For Free is that for real from MS or junkware cause this program does not even have a start button and is really a lot of just distracting octupus options thanks for your help folks cause the google advice I got out there on net was less then usable nor was it in stubid-ese which is my native languge PS dell wants a lot of real money to answer these questions jimbotoo

A:HELP FIND WINDOWS ACCOUNT CODE TO CHANGE PASSWORD

where do i find that MS account code to satisfy MS, is it in her computer some where?
It's normally sent as a text to whatever cell phone number associated with the account. 

Or a non-MS email address, if one was registered when creating the MS account. For example, mine can go to my AOL account if I want it to, say if the cellular service is down or I'm out of network range. 

It will be a 4 digit code. 

1. Get User password via Windows Password Hint
While you type a wrong password, the password hint will pop up below the password hint box. Based on password hint, you can think of origin password generally.
But the preconsideration is that you have set up password hint for user account password, when you are creating Windows system account and password. Besides, password hint had better can remind you and only you of forgotten password. The most important thing is that it couldn't like password, but has to be related to password.

As seen above, my password hint is email [email protected], and my Windows 8 login password is the same as the password of email. So when the password hint pops up, I could think of Windows login password instantly.
2. Get into computer with PIN code, and reset password for locked account
PIN code is a quick, convenient way to sign in to this PC by using a 4-digit code. If you have ever created one, this may be the simplest and most effective method for Windows 8 password reset. Totally two steps are needed.
Step 1: Sign in Windows 8 with PIN code
When you forgot your local account password in the login page, sign-in options is provided for you to choose. Click the Sign-in options, there are two options, Password and PIN. Choose PIN, and type in 4-digit code in the box. Then you can sign in to your computer successfully.

Step 2: Press Windows +X, and click on Command Prompt (Admin) and Yes.
Step 3: On the Command Prompt, type in:Net User <user name> <new password> and press Enter to reset a new password for Windows 8.

Command Prompt screen appears, input the words like the words in the red box, user name is iSunshare, new password is 12345, and then press Enter to complete the Windows password reset process.

Hope this of some assistance.

Unfortunately, I cannot go to recommending other tools, as first, these may not be allowed per BleepingComputer.com rules. 

And secondly, we have no 100% sure way of knowing whom this computer belongs to, which is why many forums forbids the posting of 3rd party password recovery tools. 

I hope that you understand the reasoning of this. 

QUESTON 3...... I am seeing net pages that say she can upgrade to windows 8.1 For Free, is that for real from MS or junkware, cause this 8 program does not even have a start button, and is really
a lot of just distracting octupus options 

It's legit, however you need to download all of the Windows 8.1 drivers first, save to Flash drive or external (or DVD), then upgrade & before running Windows Update, install the drivers, beginning with the chipset. It's best when downloading these drivers to create folders & name each to what the driver is for (e.g. Video), so there won't be confusion. 

Note that many Dell owners are having issues with Windows 8.1 upgrades, Usually over a minor detail, but nevertheless, it happens often. Be sure to create a Full drive image & have the recovery media (the set of 3 to 5 DVD's that's supposed to be created when new). Or a Recovery Drive, which requires a 16GB Flash drive. There is the option to copy the recovery partition onto it for fast recovery, much faster than the DVD's. 

Cat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540098/help-find-windows-account-code-to-change-password/
Relevancy 51.6%

I can not find any access to password for the Administrator user account. I have tried many options but that one is never listed. I am the administrator and there are no other accounts.

A:How do I change the administrator user account password in Windows 10?

If you're the administrator, and there are no other accounts, try the below steps.
Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options -> Change your password
That should do it. Does that do it?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/432376-how-do-i-change-administrator-user-account-password-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All,
We are facing the issue for cached password if i change my domain login password all my save password in browser (internet explorer, firefox, chrome) as well skype and outlook clear automatically. 
anyone having suggestion to solve this issue
Regards
Kishor

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/45d496c0-0c49-4672-8d42-7d453d97459e/cached-credentials-are-not-updated-when-you-change-your-password-in-windows?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello.
I have only Windows 7 machines in Server 2012 domain (Server 2008 R2 functional level). Everything is working fine except when a user changes his/her domain password from Windows 7 machine- it takes a long time ~5 minutes or more to successfully change the
password but changing a users domain password from the DC (2012) works instantly.

I hope I posted this in the right forum category.
Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 slow domain user password change.

Hi,
Please check if there are some related errors in your Event Viewer. Also, check the error on your DC side.
Tracy Cai
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e477dc23-e1c2-447f-be5a-a5e473c9595d/windows-7-slow-domain-user-password-change?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Windows 7 PC, and a Server with Windows 2003 server, I can map a drive to that server, the ID and password on the server match the PC login ID and password, so, with the Network Drive mapped to the Windows 7 PC, I should be able to change the password on that network drive. However, when attempting to change the password, I plug in the required info, network resource IP address\login ID , then the old password and then the new password and confirm, this process does nothing, the password change request does not go to the server. The server is not part of a domain.
We have never had a problem with this process until Windows 7. The Authentication security on the server is NTLMv2. On the Windows 7 PC, I went into Control Panel > System and Security > Admin Tools > Local Security Policy, and on the LAN choice set it to accept NTLMv2 responses. Still nothing, any thoughts?

A:Windows 7, network drive, change password remotely

Is the user account on the server set to "Do not allow user to change password"?
When you say it is not being sent to the server, how did you determine this? Did you look at the event logs on the server and/or on the local machine from which you are attempting to change the password?

How are you attempting to change the password?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-network-drive-change-password-remotely-643532.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My keyboard layout is Dvorak.
There is only one user on my computer.
It works fine in Windows 8.  But it does not activate until after I sign in to Windows.
For the login screen, I have to type my password in QWERTY.
Is there any way to have Windows 8 change the keyboard layout to Dvorak before login?

A:How to change keyboard layout for login and password in Windows 8?

Open "region" > then on the "administration" tab > click "copy settings" > then check the box "for home screen & new users".

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c64ee221-db3c-4058-8d1b-673de613535f/how-to-change-keyboard-layout-for-login-and-password-in-windows-8?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everyone,

My son was playing with my PC today and since then, the password box on the Windows 7 login has a black background instead of the traditional white. In addition, the Toshiba Wireless LAN detector also has a black background. I have looked at the Ease of Use settings and nothing seems to be altered. He's only 2 so I have no idea how he was able to do this. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

A:How do I change the password box background colour on Windows 7 login?

Hello Jimmy and welcome to Seven Forums.

I think I'd try a System Restore using a date/time prior to when the unwanted changes occurred.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348264-how-do-i-change-password-box-background-colour-windows-7-login.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All,
We have a system with Smart card login. Some server under domain controller require a smart card login and some others do not require.
For the servers which do not require smart card login I can change domain user passwd by clicking ctrl+alt+del
For the servers which requires Smart card login when I try to change domain user password again it checks smart card and after that give an alert like smart card drivers are not installed for this operation.
I want to keep smart card login but I do not want it to require smart card login to change domain user password.
Do anyone know a way?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/964cf607-3ce5-4e3c-9750-42a59ca1f2ca/windows-2008-requires-smart-card-when-i-try-to-change-password?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 51.17%

I think someone has hacked into my computer I first noticed when I was shutting my computer down that it was allowing Keylogger not to windows change reformat or password hacker; me or waiting for another user before it could shut down I checked the network and noticed that somehow I was on a Public network in my Keylogger or hacker; not allowing me to change windows password or reformat own home I changed it to private and didn't think much of it until I started receiving messages from ebay and paypat that I had purchased various items totalling I immediately called and changed passwords I Keylogger or hacker; not allowing me to change windows password or reformat cancelled my ebay account because I was unable to change the password The language would turn to Russian A few days later I had more emails about purchases from ebay This time they put a total block on the account and I removed my paypal from it In the meantime I started searching around in my computer and found a User name of tech in my C drive under Users The folder along with the user folder were created on Aug and Aug respectively prior to the Paypal theft Digging deeper I noticed restore points for after that time and nothing from before it The restore points were created by tech on Aug and Aug I changed the wifi password I tried changing my windows password but am unable to do so taking into account the requirements needed I had my work laptop home during this time Our tech guy said he needed to reimage my work computer before getting on the network for the safety of their network and he checked my backup flashdrive That came out clean A friend working in the tech world stopped by and changed my router password and some other settings He suggested reformatting after realizing the windows password could not be changed When I started to reformat windows professional I was unable to do that with an error code of xc almost certain that was the code At one point I tried to delete the tech account but when quite a few things started deleting I stopped thinking I was doing more damage That's when I contacted you Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Lynn administrator on LYNN-HP - - Running from C Users Lynn Downloads Loaded Profiles Lynn Available Profiles Lynn Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager Bin DpHostW exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager Bin DpCardEngine exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RTKAUDIOSERVICE EXE Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files Broadcom MgmtAgent BrcmMgmtAgent exe Salient Systems Corporation C Program Files CompleteView AdminService exe Salient Systems Corporation C Program Files CompleteView ConfigServer exe DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager Bin DPAgent exe Salient Systems Corporation C Program Files CompleteView MainServer exe CryptoMill Technologies Ltd C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Trus... Read more

A:Keylogger or hacker; not allowing me to change windows password or reformat

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please download the attached fixlist and save it in the same directory as FRST64.exe.Start FRST with Administrator privileges.Press the Fix button.When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) pops up and is saved to the same location the tool was run from.Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.
 fixlist.txt   26.04KB
  6 downloadsAfter the reboot:Step 2Start FRST with administator privileges.Press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589970/keylogger-or-hacker;-not-allowing-me-to-change-windows-password-or-reformat/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all I hope I can without Portege password? knowing Password M400 within Change BIOS OS - get some help guidance from some Portege M400 - Change BIOS Password within OS without knowing password? one with more experience with the M if possible I reinstalled the OS and setup the biometric security for me which has worked flawlessly However I stupidly also set up the boot up security BIOS Password So when the tablet gets turned on I can scan my finger and Portege M400 - Change BIOS Password within OS without knowing password? get in without any issues however I now want to turn the boot up security off So I booted it in to the OS and went to disable it however it asks for my password which I have forgot as I have been a typical end user and have been only using my bloody finger Does anyone know if I can disable the BIOS security while in the OS using the biomentric security rather than entering a password I have tried just changing the admin password within the win OS but that doesn't work any ideas Any help with be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:Portege M400 - Change BIOS Password within OS without knowing password?

> So I booted it in to the OS and went to disable it....however it asks for my password....which I have forgot as I have been a typical end user and have been only using my bloody finger!

You are speaking about BIOS password which you set up in the BIOS?
As far as I know you cannot remove the BIOS password if you don?t know the old BIOS password.
In such case just the Toshiba ASP could help you? just the Toshiba ASP technician could remove the unknown BIOS password

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56854-Portege-M400-Change-BIOS-Password-within-OS-without-knowing-password
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,
I just changed my Yahoo email password, and signed in via IE and works fine.
Then I went into my Outlook 2007 Yahoo email account and changed the password.
However when I try to send/receive email from outlook on the Yahoo account it pops up requesting the password.
I have removed the account and set it up again but problem is the same.
Any ideas please?
Many thanks imk

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/64674-2007-outlook-prompts-password-after-yahoo-change-password.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an end user who is getting a Password Change notification balloon but she has already change her password a week ago. Do you know why it would remind her even though she has already change her password. We have it set for a 90 day period.

PC is running Win 7 Enterprise and is joined to the domain.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d34348b4-929c-4349-bc00-065b395f7321/change-password-reminder-but-password-already-changed?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.02%

I've created a password for the guest account. Now I can neither change nor remove it.

Logging on as admin I can't find a setting to change or remove guest account's password.

Logging on as guest I am getting the "windows cannot change password" warning if I try to change or remove it.

On guest account using ctrl+alt+del>"change password", now I get a "access is denied" warning.

Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: The whole issue has started with me seeing a warning on Bitdefender's Vulnerability module telling that the guest account has no password. I clicked on it and created a password for my guest account from within BD. That doesn't necessarily have to be related with the problem, just FYI.

A:Password Change / Remove Password Problem

uninstall bitdefender first, then reboot, next go to control panel, User Accounts and Family safety, User Accounts, select change your windows passwords and remove password from guest account and any other accounts you wish. Then reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139562-password-change-remove-password-problem.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I had to change mt google password and email password an hour ago and I really just want my old password back for my emails ! How the heck can I change my password back the easy way ,because I'm not really tech savy at all!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!

A:I want to change my email password back to my old password

Follow this link: https://www.google.com/settings/pas...You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/i-want-to-change-my-email-password-back-to-my-old-password/40450.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I got a windows vista computer and it came with an upgrade dvd. So i upgraded my windows xp to vista thinking I could change it back when I needed to use xp but I can`t . I went into the recovery console and it gave me 3 choices that I dont understand. I can now only use the vista version on both computers. How can I get Xp back?

Relevancy 48.16%

Well I finally figured out There Is Windows? System Log in Change a how to get my system to recognize the Macrium Images I previously made so I Is There a System Change Log in Windows? am going to restore to a clean system restore I made before I started having problems then re-do making the Data partition and moving the files appropriately So I am good to go There are a couple of things that would still help though A Windows OS save settings export settings tool which would save the customizations Is There a System Change Log in Windows? I have made since the clean stable install An Outlook settings transfer tool which would transfer or export the email setups as well as all of the Outlook Options I have personally configured and A way to determine what changes I have made to my system since the Macrium Image was Is There a System Change Log in Windows? created That way I can pick and choose which apps I want to reinstall and which ones I do not I tried going in to the System Restore settings and it turns out that when I created the Data partition and moved the files it turned off the System Restore Nevertheless there were many changes made before that which may have created restore points that I could use to identify the changes that need to be re-made If there is a 'back door' into the System Restore log or another system change log it would be very advantageous to have So if anyone can help me with any of these I would have the utmost gratitude Bill was kind and diligent enough to locate a superb tool for exporting my Internet Explorer settings so that will prove most helpful If I had such a tool for Outlook and Windows OS settings I would be ecstatic Thanks to all who contributed to my dilemma I cannot express in words how grateful I am for you sharing your knowledge and insights with me I will be quot awarding rep quot later today after things settle out and I find out which posts I can give the rep to This forum kind of limits the rep I can spread around but I will try to give as much credit where it is due With utmost appreciation

A:Is There a System Change Log in Windows?

Quote: Originally Posted by juanantoniod

Well, I finally figured out how to get my system to recognize the Macrium Images I previously made, so I am going to restore to a clean system restore I made before I started having problems, then re-do making the Data partition, and moving the files appropriately. So, I am good to go. There are a couple of things that would still help though:

Ok some suggestions - may or may not work to your needs

Quote:
1. A Windows 7 OS save settings/export settings tool which would save the customizations I have made since the clean, stable install;

Check out windows easy transfer - there should be options to just save the user settings and or application settings without the actual user data

Quote:
2. An Outlook settings transfer tool, which would transfer or export the email setups, as well as all of the Outlook Options I have personally configured; and

If the above does not allow you to save your user settings for Outlook then the vast majority of outlook settings are held in the outlook.pst file, which it is a good idea to back-up anyway as it contains the actual eMails. Depending on which outlook version you are using methods are available to point to the original file when re-installing outlook

Quote:
3. A way to determine what changes I have made to my system since the Macrium Image was created. That way, I can pick and choose which apps I want to reinstall and which ones I do not. I tried going in to the System Restore settings, and it turns out that, when I created the Data partition and moved the files, it turned off the System Restore. Nevertheless, there were many changes made before that, which may have created restore points that I could use to identify the changes that need to be re-made. If there is a 'back door' into the System Restore log, or another system change log, it would be very advantageous to have.

The creation of an image file is unfortunately a completely different thing to a restore point (which only records system changes not user file changes), the only advice I can give here is to create the image file on a regular basis - or at a minimum before any major change - and after assuming the change is deemed acceptable

One note on the system restore - this is switchable for each drive/partition individually

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84349-there-system-change-log-windows.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,I'm Kamal I am using HP laptop pavilion g6 with windows 8,64 bit operating system,and I want to change to windows 7 64-bit.I tried to change by using windows CD but getting error and I am not able to Install windows-7.And also not able to Install other OS also.please help me and give resolution. Regards,kamal

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-change-windows-operating-system/td-p/5756647
Relevancy 47.73%

How can I customize the orb in the System Properties?

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/295...rties310x3.png

That is the orb I am talking about.

A:How to change Windows orb in System Properties?

You can probably change it, but it may take a lot of work and hacking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/31057-how-change-windows-orb-system-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Please someone help me to correct the following pop up on my Vista laptop.
Windows Defender (Information)

A system change was made by a known application.

Change type: Application Execution

Application C:\windows\system32\mswsock.dll

​Keeping my fingers crossed that someone out there will know the answer.​ ​ ​ ​ ​

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all,

I want to change the default system font for my Windows 7 to Calibri? How do I go about doing that?

A:How do I change System Font in Windows 7?

Hello Joy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could use step 2 in OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to change the default font to "Calibri".

Fonts - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/186178-how-do-i-change-system-font-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Can anyone verify the information that I just received from Microsoft about System Restore?

According to the tech I spoke to, Windows 7 will only create an automatic restore point if no other restore point has been created within the past seven days, regardless of how the restore point was created. If a program installation, program uninstall, manual restore point, etc. has been created, a full seven days must elapse before an automatic restore point is created.

Windows Vista created a restore point every 24 hours, no matter what else had created a restore point.

Is this the new behavior of Systerm Restore?

If this is how it works now, I think that it might be wise to create a manual restore point after installation of a large or important program or update.

A:Change to System Restore in Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by smalcom

Can anyone verify the information that I just received from Microsoft about System Restore?

According to the tech I spoke to, Windows 7 will only create an automatic restore point if no other restore point has been created within the past seven days, regardless of how the restore point was created. If a program installation, program uninstall, manual restore point, etc. has been created, a full seven days must elapse before an automatic restore point is created.

Windows Vista created a restore point every 24 hours, no matter what else had created a restore point.

Is this the new behavior of Systerm Restore?

If this is how it works now, I think that it might be wise to create a manual restore point after installation of a large or important program or update.

The Microsoft tech was probably correct. I say "probably" because I use MSE and it creates a daily restore point before is begins its scan.

Using MSE and setting it to create the restore point (Settings -> Advanced) will kill two birds with one stone, as it were.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/72178-change-system-restore-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi.
I like the new Segoe UI font for Windows 8, but I want to change to another font and I want apply this font in all section.
How to do this?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/5287-how-change-system-font-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys,
my friend gave me a computer which he said it didnt work anymore so i took it and messed with it for a while until it worked,and installed the os that he gave me.it was windows 2000 professional...but in french .so is ther ANY way for me to change the whole computer language?????

c ya,
Jamesp.s. on the title i meant 2000

A:How can i change my windows 200 system language?

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/win2k/setup/changeUI.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-change-my-windows-200-system-language.835912/
Relevancy 47.73%

is that possible to change windows system shortcut key the shortcut is somethings like this can i change to another shortcut like open a program or open another file folder that i like Windows Key will open the Start menu Windows Key Break i system Change can shortkut key? windows will display the System Properties dialogue box Windows Key D will minimize the windows to show the Desktop Windows Key E will open Internet Explorer Windows Key F will open the Search option for files and folders Windows Key F CTRL will open Search option for computer Windows Key F will display Help Assistance option Windows Key L will lock your Desktop Windows Key M will minimize or restore all windows Windows Key R will open the RUN option Windows can i Change windows system shortkut key? Key TAB will switch between open items Windows Key U will open Utility Manager ALT can i Change windows system shortkut key? Hyphen will display the Multiple Document Interface child window TM s System menu ALT ENTER will view the properties for the selected object ALT ESC will cycle through the items in the order that they were opened ALT F will close all the window that is open ALT SPACEBAR will display the System menu ALT TAB switch from one open program to another on your taskbar F used to request help assistance SHIFT If you press and hold down the SHIFT key while inserting a CD-ROM it will skip the automatic-run feature SHIFT DELETE will delete the file permanently CTRL ESC will open the Start Menu

A:can i Change windows system shortkut key?

windows key + a number 1-9 starts up the program associated with the number on the dock. ex.... my first program is google chrome, to get it up and save my finger a click : ) lol... i can hit window key +1, so you can arrange programs you want to start like that....

on another note... i have a keyboard (logitech g110) this is good for things you want to do, it comes with "g-keys" keys that are ready to be macro'd it also came with good software, so i can set those keys to do anything i want, or open any program on the computer, or window etc... i can write scripts and also key combinations. This software came with the keyboard, but there is software out there to write macro's just like i do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143071-can-i-change-windows-system-shortkut-key.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,I want change win 8 to linux (xubuntu) but I can't boot my envy x2 from USB.I tried create bootable pendrive with unetbootin, rufus, lili usb.In Bios I disabled secure boot and priority is USB disk drive.What should I do?

A:Boot from USB. Change system from windows to Linux.

evilbazard Unfortunately, this is not a Linux forum; instead it is an HP forum where nearly all the support is for Windows stuff. You don't install Linux -- that is an operating system kernel.  Instead, you install something known as a Linux distro (short for distribution), something like Ubuntu, or Mint, or OpenSUSE, etc. Your best bet is to post this on the community forums for the Linux distro you plan to install. IF you don't know that website, then go here and look it up:  DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Boot-from-USB-Change-system-from-windows-to-Linux/td-p/5600122
Relevancy 46.87%

I've installed Windows 8 starting the installer from Win8 RP and I've just noticed that it picked up the drive letters from the old system. Now my system drive is Y instead of C , because in the old system that partition was Y.
If I try to change the drive letter in the Drive Management it gives an error.
Does anyone know how to change system drive letter in Windows 8 RTM?

A:How to change system drive letter in Windows 8 RTM?

This can definitely be a pain. I believe this article may help:

How to restore the system/boot drive letter in Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/8443-how-change-system-drive-letter-windows-8-rtm.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So previously I was running Xp and somehow it was in a state of decline and decided to move on to Windows I had an alternate internal HD so I formatted that and installed Windows apparently without issue Currently I have internals with more or less functional OS BIOS allows me to chose the one to run However my unstable XP drive I'm unsure if the disk or the windows system is causing the drive Change Partition? System Windows 7 my to instability is still Change my Windows 7 drive to System Partition? considered the System partition I'd like to format it to remove the old XP completely I'd like to find a way to make the Change my Windows 7 drive to System Partition? partition that runs Windows the System partition This became clear to me when the old drive crapped out and in BIOS i received the cannot find NTLDR it could not detect that drive and relied on it's boot files to start up any OS at least that is my understanding That old XP drive displays very odd behaviors and sometimes windows loses detection of it in explorer However when in Windows it will not allow me to format the XP drive Both in explorer and Disk Managment the option is not allowed Now how can I change my partition that Windows runs from to be the main system to avoid further problems And will any further problems go away if I find a way to format and remove the XP system or is the disk that contains the XP system somehow damaged Should I go and replace that drive entirely Also my partition containing Windows is also labeled quot Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition quot in disk management I've never seen those status descriptions are they bad Thanks for the help

A:Change my Windows 7 drive to System Partition?

Can you post a screenshot of the disk management window to make the situation clear to us ?

Usually the system partition in windows 7 is the hidden 100 MB system Reserved partition which includes the bootloader in it . Probably it is in your XP partition now . And there should be another question ... which one is the active partition .

Some utilities like Windows 7 installation Disk, Gparted Live CD and Partition Wizard bootable CD can manage the situation, but first of all, the situation isto be clear with the support of a screenshot of disk management window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/129843-change-my-windows-7-drive-system-partition.html
Relevancy 46.87%

just installed windows 7 on a laptop, and after rebooting I tried to login but I seem to have forgoten the password. is there a way to recover it? I asume I need a boot program on a CD or a USB Stick, any ideas?

PS: I tried many combinations, with and without CAPS lock etc, and still can't find the password I used... I might have mis-typed the desired password durring install

A:lost password for the windows 7 system

Hello Akramh,

You should be able to use METHOD THREE in the tutorial below to reset your password.

Reset User Account Password - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/14255-lost-password-windows-7-system.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I just bought a new SSD and did a fresh install of windows going from Windows 7 to 8.1.

I simply took out my old SSD and put in the new one, and installed windows 8.1 pro from a USB stick onto the new ssd.

2 existing HDDs were left on there, I'm also replacing them but I want to format them first to remove all data.

Disk 1 is the new SSD that windows was installed on. It is "Healthy (Boot, Page File, Active, Crash Drump, Primary Partition)"

Disk 2 is the drive I want to reformat and replace, it is "Health (System, Primary Partition)"

How do I make the C drive (Disk 1) the System disk?

I have backed up all the files I want to keep onto an external hdd.

A:How to change the System Drive Disk Management Windows 8.1

The easiest way is to disconnect the other drives then redo the install to the SSD. Once complete, re-connect the drives and format them.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/53003-how-change-system-drive-disk-management-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,
I just installed a new motherboard in my HP desktop. It was the same model mobo and it went smoothly. Upon startup I get a windows logo and then it says loading windows files. Then it says startup failed and when I choose system repair it won't repair. I've tried things I've found on other forums but none of them worked. I'm desperate for your help!
I welcome any and all ideas and advice. Thank you!

A:System repair loop after motherboard change. Windows 7

Why...did you replace the motherboard with an identical replacement?  What was going wrong...and what made you think that a MB replacement would solve it?

Is this topic a continuation of This One ?

Looks to me that you did not purchase/replace with an identical motherboard, going by your previous topic.  "Similar" is not "identical" in my world .

Please pursue the earlier topic you initiated, thereby avoiding unnecessary confusion an possbily conflicting comments from BC members.