Windows Support Forum

help needed with load needed for DDLs kernel

Q: help needed with load needed for DDLs kernel

i had shortly made a disk clean up as my drive c was full...and then when i reebooted my computer afta da check it reported a problem like "load needed for DLLs kernel".......i am totally frustrated with this thing.....i would appreciate any help and by the way if there is a way in which i can solve dis without windows xp cd i would be very grateful.....otherwise tell me the way which i can solve this with the xp CD !!
Thank you...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: help needed with load needed for DDLs kernel

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: help needed with load needed for DDLs kernel

Hi joeljacob,

Is this message being displayed when you try to boot your computer, or is it being displayed when you have got into Windows?

Do you have the Windows XP Disk with you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-needed-with-load-needed-for-ddls-kernel-565576.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All

I'm in the process of repairing my Altec Lansing ADA885 multimedia speaker system and was wondering if anyone out there might possibly be able help.

Inside the subwoofer cabinet there's a metal box/case which contains the power supply and amplifier circuit board for the subwoofer. On this circuit board there's a 2 watt resistor labelled R2 which is badly burned. Due to the extent of the heat damage, the value (I.e. colour code) is impossible to read. If anyone can advise me as to what the value of resistor R2 should be (so that I can replace it), I would really appreciate receiving a reply. Many thanks in advance...

Apparantly, Altec Lancing no longer have a schematic diagram or any other information for the ADA885 system which they originally manufactured ~2000.

A:Altec Lansing ADA885 Info Needed Urgently

Have you called mon ,wed,and fri,I been calling for 3 wks .no body answers.I have a BX1121 3 pins broke I was looking for what color wire goes to which pin oh now their mail box is closeed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/altec-lansing-ada885-info-needed-urgently.208126/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys, new here...I'm setting up a new pc, sooo a few questions here.
I'm planning on getting an Asus A88XM-plus motheboard, Amd X4 860K cpu and Sapphire R9 280 3GB video card...so how much power supply would be enough...450-500W?..would 650 be an overkill? Is all of this fully compatible?
Do I need a sound card, modem or special cooling or something? ( I already have 2*8gb Ram sticks and HDD, don't really need DVD drive).
I'm also thinking in between Antec 902 V3 case and a lot cheaper LC Power Gaming 975b Air wing Midi...how much quality difference is there in between these two?
Also, how much improvement is there in between this card and my current one, sapphire r7 265 2gb?
Are there anything that you would exchange for something else...I'm on a tight budget, but I don't mind spending a few extra bucks if it be worth in the long run.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-power-supply-is-needed-here.214794/
Relevancy 44.29%

Oculus VR on Friday revealed the recommended hardware specifications needed to deliver the best experience when using its upcoming virtual reality headset.

Read more

A:A high-end PC will be needed for the best Oculus Rift experience

I don't get it? It's supposed to be peripheral device. like an LCD screen, just with inbuilt mouse pointer. What does your PC specs got to do with performance, other than necessity to setup the resolution for inbuilt displays? What does it mean 'games and applications created for the Rift in-house'? Does it mean it will require custom games and applications, no support out of the box for existing games? If that's the case, their VR is gonna die faster than 3D. Please tell Me I'm mistaken?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-high-end-pc-will-be-needed-for-the-best-oculus-rift-experience.213137/
Relevancy 44.72%

Unfortunately has been few years with no PC rig since I started working and carry notebook wherever I go. But I do remember the good old days where It was great to tweak the rig and squezze every Mhz our of every component. Unfortunately its not that much fun with a notebook

I have most of my components selected :

MSI Z97 MPOWER Max AC
IntelCore i7-4790K
Cooler Master V8 GTS
Corsair HX 1050
980 AMP!
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
SSDOCZ VERTEX 460A 480GB
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
But Im wondering if this a good selection of motherboard / PSU / Memory
What do you guys think, considering I didnt overclock for quite few years now. I want easy but rock stable motherboard overclock..

A:Back to Overclock - Opinions needed

Never been to keen on MSI mobos. Bad experience in the past I guess..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-to-overclock-opinions-needed.208346/
Relevancy 45.58%

AT&T service

I have had an IPhone, found they are fragile, have bad battery life.

I do need to access personal email

Do not need to edit documents

I would prefer a micro sim

Either a long battery life or a easy way to switch them out

I do play a few games on my moble

Any advice?

A:New smartphone needed

...Budget? You realise any smartphone with removable battery will satisfy your requirements.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-smartphone-needed.205089/
Relevancy 18.92%

I used RV042 10/100 4-Port VPN Router. I've configured the dual WAN, and enable Load Balancing for faster internet. But if I accessedhttp://ipchicken.com/ my IP Address is always chaging? How can I setup the router sticking to just one IP address?

A:How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

Let me preface by saying....taking two circuits and using them at the same time, even with protocol management from the LB is most likely not worth the effort.

But for the sake of the argument, the first hurdle you have is that both circuits need to have static IPs. What type of connections are they?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-load-balance-without-changing-the-ip.205897/
Relevancy 21.93%

Laptop wont load bios or OS Interesting wont load Laptop bios OS or issue here When I press the power button the HD activity led light comes on for just a second I feel the HD spinning up and running the fan kicks in and runs then nothing No Laptop wont load bios or OS leds flahing just power led no beeps no screen and no bios I v discharged static build up battery out power button held down quot and tried both mains amp battery to no effect There were no precursors to this issue So I can deduce the laptop is unable to complete POST in pre bios despite the lack of beeps yet can supply power to fan amp HD Now the GPU is Laptop wont load bios or OS GForce m GS aware of the issues with the xxx series I v kept the air flow clean and use a laptop cooler Possible suspect though it never ran hot and all worked fine till I turned on a couple of Laptop wont load bios or OS days ago Now I understood that a failure of the xxx series usually presented a degraded screen lines etc rather than failing post I m backed up and use my second laptop so nothing urgent just a oportunity to learn I am interested in hearing from hardware geeks and their thoughts nbsp

A:Laptop wont load bios or OS

Seem to have been redirected here for some unknown reason !!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-load-bios-or-os.205327/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm new to the world of graphics, I have the following motherboard and specs on my pc:

DELL VOSTRO 260 INSPIRON 620 DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD GDG8Y CN-0GDG8Y

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 64MB 1.3GB
3.0 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
HARD DRIVE: 450.9GB with 350.2GB free.

I'm trying to play Aion Free to Play (server based game) I've run the 'can you run it?' test on my PC and everything is fine expect my graphics as they are on board graphics. it recommends an NVidia GeForce 780 GT or AMD Radeon X1800 XL or better. I haven't been able to find either of these as they seem to be fairly old.

based on the specs and details provided can anyone tell me what is the best card I cant get that my machine will run and that will play the game.

many thanks
Leafeon

A:Graphics Help Needed

Any new $80 card or better will do just fine. Just make sure your power supply is strong enough to support the card you get.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-help-needed.204975/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys, I'm not good in english but I hope u will understand all.

Few weeks ago, my computer monitor suddenly get 1024x768 (or something like that) resolution, and I can't set better, because this is my max resolution. Before this situation I had 1920x1080 resolution. I know I can now only set resolution of my video card. I searched for reasons, and this must be corrupted EDID, but I can't find someone with this damn monitor. I also tryed install many different versions of video driver and use few different cables, but problem is still alive.

If u have this monitor, I wan't to get copy of your EDID, or if you have other idea, I can do whatever u write

Monitor: LG M2280DF-PZ
GPU - NVidia 450 GTS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-m2280df-pz-edid-needed-corrupted-edid.204776/
Relevancy 22.36%

Can anyone help me figure this out?

My new GTX 670 is regularly hitting 88%-99% load when running DirectX based games & benchmarks, causing it to quickly overheat and "emergency shutdown" my (64bit) Win7 PC after about 10 minutes.

But if I use OpenGL, the GPU load (via "GPU-Z") is closer to about 8% (but doesn't look as good.)

I discovered I can keep the load below 70% by setting games to "limit the refresh rate to 120MHz", but 70% is still WAAAAY too high.

Anyone have any idea why DirectX (v11) might be taxing my GPU so badly? Thx

A:70% GPU load under DirectX but 8% under OpenGL?

Because it's supposed to? Nothing is wrong with 70% if temperatures are okay, like 90*C range.
You can turn up fan speed or cap your framerate until temperatures are decent otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/70-gpu-load-under-directx-but-8-under-opengl.204477/
Relevancy 22.79%

I was hoping I wouldn t have to post on the forum I hope I chose the right category to post it in for advice but after reading endless threads all over the net I am still left with a problem I can t seem to figure out Basically there are load won't 3 websites websites that I know of that won t load on my laptop at home Google com Facebook com and Amazon com I ve tried to disconnect my WiFi and turn my phone into a hotspot but they still won t load They all work on my phone both on 3 websites won't load the WiFi and the mobile network They also work on other PC s I use Firefox but I have tried Internet Explorer Chrome Safari and Opera and none of them can open these sites A few of the advices I ve read and tried are Replacing http with https Did nothing Flushing by 3 websites won't load opening a command box and writing flushdns I did it correctly and it did not work I have my computer set up with a login password the reason I post this is because I read somewhere that setting a login password might help This is how desperate I am I haven t done a System Restore because the dates offered aren t after this started to happen which is over a month ago I m from Iceland and for some reason google is does work I have a year old Acer with a Windows bit OS Is there anybody out there that has the slightest idea of what is causing this Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:3 websites won't load

Suspect your hosts file is contaminated
get a command prompt

cd \windows\system32\drivers\etc​
look for each domain name in the hosts (should not be present)
(If you see something like 127.0.0.1 ***.google.com, then you can't get to google.com). Here's the test sequence:

find /I "amazon" .\hosts
find /I "facebook" .\hosts
find /I "google" .\hosts​
Here's my content for each (notice while I have some hits, none are the basic domains (eg google.com, facebook.com and amazon.com are all missing. Entries shown stop advers from being displayed)

find /I "amazon" .\hosts
# [Amazon.com]
127.0.0.1 rcm.amazon.com
127.0.0.1 rcm-images.amazon.com
127.0.0.1 alexa-sitestats.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 springclick-ads.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 adtago.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 sync.cmedia.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 ecommstats.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 exitsplash.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 load.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 ncads.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 tracking.opencandy.com.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 viewerstats.docstoc.com.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 www.assoc-amazon.com
127.0.0.1 trk.cetrk.com #[s3-1.amazonaws.com]
127.0.0.1 ads.smowtion.com #[s3-1-w.amazonaws.com]
127.0.0.1 s.amazon-adsystem.com​
find /I "facebook" .\hosts
# [Facebook]
127.0.0.1 ads.ak.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 creative.ak.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 facebookinc.122.2o7.net
127.0.0.1 facebook.com.img335.tk
127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com.img335.tk
127.0.0.1 facebook-videos.de
127.0.0.1 www.facebook-videos.de
127.0.0.1 rrstryhf.facebook-videos.de​

find /I "google" .\hosts
# Entries with comments are all searchable via Google. #
127.0.0.1 google.tucows.com
127.0.0.1 mt34.mtree.com #[Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 refer.ccbill.com #[Tracking.Cookie][Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 www.toons-for-adult.com #[Google.Warning]
# [Google Inc]
127.0.0.1 domains.googlesyndication.com #[Parking Service]
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com #[Google AdWords]
127.0.0.1 video-stats.video.google.com
127.0.0.1 ssl.google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com #[Google Analytics]
127.0.0.1 4.afs.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 partner.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 www.googleadservices.com
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][209.85.128.0 - 209.85.255.255]
127.0.0.1 analytics-api-samples.googlecode.com #[Google Analytics social tracki
ng]
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][64.233.160.0 - 64.233.191.255]
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net #[pagead-dclk.l.google.com]
127.0.0.1 tpc.googlesyndication.com
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][66.249.64.0 - 66.249.95.255]
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][72.14.192.0 - 72.14.255.255]
127.0.0.1 clickserve.us2.dartsearch.net #[www3.l.google.com]
127.0.0.1 googleads2.g.doubleclick.net
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255]
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS6432][216.73.80.0 - 216.73.95.255]
127.0.0.1 blueadvertise.com #[Google.Diagnostic][2013-01-02]
127.0.0.1 click.atdmt.com #[McAfee.Cookie-Atdmt][Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 www.e-googles.com
127.0.0.1 www.adjuggler.com #[Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 gcounter.cn #[Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 1.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 2.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 3.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 4.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 5.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 www.bgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 bgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 www.fgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 fgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 google.dospop.com
127.0.0.1 www.google.dospop.com
127.0.0.1 google.panet.org
127.0.0.1 google123.web1000.com
127.0.0.1 google3.it
127.0.0.1 www.google3.it
127.0.0.1 www.google4.it
127.0.0.1 google4.it
127.0.0.1 googlebar.jps.ru
127.0.0.1 googlebawt.com
127.0.0.1 www.googlebawt.com
127.0.0.1 googled.it
127.0.0.1 www.googled.it
127.0.0.1 goo... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-websites-wont-load.201626/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi Everyone - I occasionally have to share a large file between one person and another for work I was using yousendit which worked site large closed Reliable Yousendit needed... file-sharing fine they have changed to be hightail and they have a blog - at their blog there are many comments circa oct about it now not working and being buggy So I don t want to go with that I am looking for current suggestions of a site for file sharing I am willing to pay a modest fee month like to know it will work well and Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed not junk up anyone s computer with any trashy downloader and is very simple to use - I cannot spend a lot of time teaching people with various levels of web savvy and computer savvy how to make an acct log in work some elaborate quot unique quot interface and so on I would prefer a service where an email goes to the recipient s email address they click on the link and from that easily select an option to download I am not sharing burned CDs or DVDs - I just need to share work-related audio recordings from the person recording to a transcriber When I look at reviews on the web it seems that services change a lot over time so I don t want to go for what had great reviews a year ago Please help with suggestions -Thanks nbsp

A:Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

Look at shutterfly.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reliable-large-file-sharing-site-needed-yousendit-closed.197694/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

Where I work we need a need new server. I am not really a expert in hardware so I hope you can give me a little help choosing a fitting server, I will use a template with answers to help you understand what's needed:

1) What is the available budget?
Up to 2500? (3380 USD, 2094 GBP).

2) Which tasks will the server execute?
GPS analyses which is pure heavy computing. The amount of reading and writing to the disc is moderate. Internet traffic is low.

3) There is any preferred brand or there is any that is out of question?
Any reasonable brand.

5) Does the size of the server matters?
Should be a standard rack.

6) There are any specific requirements (interfaces, storage etc)?
- 8 cores (1x8 [preferable] or 2x4)
- 16 G byte memory
- 4 Tera byte disc
- fast CPU

I hope somebody can help me with some suggestions.

A:Buy new server - suggestions needed

I would refer to this good article.

This seems like a pretty good server for your specifications: http://goo.gl/1rIcjH.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-new-server-suggestions-needed.196717/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all I m a D designer and have recently experienced a few BSODs whilst rendering the cause of which seems to be the USB drivers according to the minidumps However I have also started to notice that my CPU temps are I7 Celsius under hitting 2600K load over 90 going through the roof caught I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load my attention when it hit degrees now it s hitting degrees under load - idle I have always aimed to keep the temps below I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load and have only really strayed slightly above this on particularly warm days so I m a little concerned that something may have I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load failed on my PC Setup details are i K professionally overclocked to GHz CPU fan seems to max at rpm shouldn t this go higher Asus P Z -V Mobo Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro mm Apache Black chassis fan x I ve had this PC for over years and never had this problem before I was inclined to think that the readings were inaccurate but both CoreTemp and the Asus monitoring software show the same temps I m going to lower the overclock in the meantime but would love some help figuring out why this may be occurring If you d like any further info please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

A:I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load

Might be worth checking the CPU's thermal compound. The thermal bond between CPU and cooler may be weakening. If the fans blades are not clean, they will not spin as fast due to restriction of air flow across the surface of the blade.

cookiedude said:

CPU fan seems to max at 1250rpm shouldn't this go higher?Click to expand...

The Freezer 13 PRO in this review shows 1100 RPM @ idle and 1300 RPM @ full load.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-2600k-hitting-over-90-celsius-under-load.194109/
Relevancy 21.07%

weeks ago I had to email a ton of complaints to broadband supplier sky for giving my aweful speeds they finally answered and gave me great speeds for standard line mb Youtube 4/5 problem, Load/Buffer at minutes Video intervals Wont s Download However a week after I noticed that Youtube Videos will stop loading completely it happens frequently after or minute point sometimes shorter Youtube problem, Wont Load/Buffer Video at 4/5 minutes intervals or longer This is a real annoyance as I use the site for a lot of things my close friend said he had no such problems Virgin Broadband However my other close friend has been experiencing the same problem he is also with Sky Broadband This will happen on ALL Browsers that I have tried I will have no other problem with any other site other than Youtube Me and my friend only have one factor I could possibly think would affect us and that is Kaspersky workstation AV other my other friend on Virgin also has this I am more than willing to blame and complain once again to Sky but I have no actual proof so it s an empty threat for them Any of you care to enlighten Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-problem-wont-load-buffer-video-at-4-5-minutes-intervals.194302/
Relevancy 44.29%

Has anybody got a serviceable Power Lead which connects mains adaptor model ac-v315 to base of Sony CCD-TR3300E Hi8 Camcorder and which is no longer required. No longer available from Sony.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-hi8-ccd-tr3300e-power-lead-needed.193781/
Relevancy 44.72%

So recently my machine has been in my backpack travelling with me due few reasons. When I came home today and mounted it all up again, one of my HDDs became RAW system and I am unable to access it. Now Windows keeps insisting that I should format the drive but I really need to preserve most of the saved data.

Iv downloaded TestDisk but have no idea how to use it.

Is there a way to at least recover my files? I really need to get another backup drive to have my important work saved on.

Using Windows 7 x64 Pro.

A:After re-connecting HDD, reset to RAW from NTFS. Fix Needed.

Shall I let Windows format the drive? Would this make me loose all my data?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-re-connecting-hdd-reset-to-raw-from-ntfs-fix-needed.192055/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an older Toshiba laptop,P205-S7806. I want to upgrade the memory but was told it came with 2gb and that's all it can hold,it is a 32bit. I am not computer savvy by no means so please any help,make it simple. I was told I could change it from the 32bit to 64bit,is this really easy and then can I use more memory..thanks for any help you give me..

A:Memory needed

They were correct, 2GB is the max for your notebook.

Memory Upgrade for Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 Laptop
Crucial® Memory Advisor results for the Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 Laptop/Notebook.
Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 Memory Upgrades

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-needed.191223/
Relevancy 45.15%

Guys,I m thinking about to buy a SSD.Can u tell me how much space needed for WIN 7 64bit.pls include ur space advice that it will also have latest update of win+20% space free(which I found various forum that it is needed for run win smoothly).How about 32GB SSD??????
Thankssssssssssss.

A:How much space needed on SSD for Win7 64-bit

Personally, I wouldn't use anything smaller then a 64GB SSD. A 32GB SSD will be good for a cache drive but not a boot drive. I think the 128GB & 256GB drives work best. They give you a lot of room for OS + Core Programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-space-needed-on-ssd-for-win7-64-bit.190326/
Relevancy 45.15%

ISPs around my area (Memphis) charge about $10 per megabit for uplink, so 10 megs up costs $100. That's pretty expensive compared to something like Google's Kansas City project where you get 1000 megs for $70... but I don't live in Kansas City.

Is there some trick to buying cheap bandwidth? Some way to bypass ISPs?

A:Cheap bandwidth needed

Did you try a Google Search?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-bandwidth-needed.189586/
Relevancy 21.93%

Dear all This is my first post in this forum My Dell studio XPS mt Bloomfield i no overclocking GIGs RAM has been working well for the last years I used it mainly for internet emails presentations database work and basic Standard and High Def video editing using AVIDEMUX and DIVX software In the last few weeks great deal of noise started to come out from the PC the noise occurred soon after opening an HD or an SD video file and continued until I close the file then the noise will Core high fan? or on i7-920 load: Hot faulty CPU gradually go down back to its idle state I opened the case and did a thorough cleaning with a house hold Dyson very carefully and a lot of dirt came out but no effect on the noise After some googling around one possible reason was excessive hard disk activity I had a look at the Resource Monitor and it did show high reading and writing activity coinciding with the noise Good I thought time had come for an upgrade so I went a head and installed a new SSD as my system drive and relegated my old hard disk for a storage purposes Unfortunately the noise persisted and it had become louder in the last few days I came across HardWare Monitor software and run it at idle state then at time of maximum noise Idle state Maximum noise I can see cores temp went up from - to - Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan? fan from to and fan from to Is my CPU going to die and what is meant by the Powers Package going up from w to w Is it the fault of processor or the fans or the heatsink Sorry for the long story but please advise me on what to do Many thanks nbsp

A:Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Whoops!
I think I have made a mess trying to paste the 2 HardWare Monitor data images. Could some one tell me on how to put an image in my post as I kept getting error message that my post was too long!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-core-i7-920-on-high-load-faulty-cpu-or-fan.188882/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there!

Straight to the point:

Tablet specifications:
- Manta Tablet PowerTab 10" HD MID1001
- CPU - Cortex A-8 1.5GHz
- GPU - Mali-400
- 3D OPEN GL V2.0
- Ram 1GB
- Android ver. 4.0.4
- compile number - crane_axmid-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120803 test-keys
- kernel 3.0.8+ [email protected] #52

Problem:
- slow page load (if any!) - tested on default browser, chrome, opera, opera mini, etc etc
- no reaction for stopping loading pages

Thoughts:
- not a router problem (802.11n WPA2/AES)
- other android devices working well on that hotspot
- Google Play working well on tablet, no lags, no interference (same other online soft - skype etc)
- tried system restore, default settings, changing router settings

Techspot is my last hope. Help me!

A:Slow browser failing to load pages on tablet

Download a terminal emulator, do some pings.

Check the advanced setting for the Wifi, there may be some weird DNS entries or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-browser-failing-to-load-pages-on-tablet.188781/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys I am looking to upgrade my graphics card this christmas and was looking at moving up to a http www amazon co uk Asus-GeForc update card needed Graphics help s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - from a http www geforce com hardware Graphics card update help needed desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel My system specs are as follows Operating system Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Graphics card update help needed Kingdom Installed System Model Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite CMT PC System Serial Number CZC XR Asset Tag CZC XR Chassis Serial Number CZC XR Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Main Cirucit Board Board Hewlett-Packard Serial Number CZC XR Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Hewlett-Packard J v Controllers Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller Display NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter HP LA Monitor quot vis s n CN RZ September Bus Adaptors Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C D Multimedia NVIDIA High Definition Audio x Realtek High Definition Audio http h www hp com products quickspecs na na pdf lt Link to the user manual model is on the third page the Business PC I am currently using a GeForce Gt card which is quite old and struggles with performance on some games I am interested in the Asus GeForce TI but have no clue if it will even work in my machine I looked towards the manual for my pc and it suggested cards worse than I currently have and I want better performance not worse The manual says that I have x Full length PCI slots x PCI Express slot and x Full Length PCI Express x graphics The TI has according to amazon quot PCI Express amp PCI Express support quot and looking at the specifications of both on their respective websites the GT uses PCIE x and the GT TI uses PCIE Given that the GT is already working in a PCI Express slot is it safe to assume the would be compatible GT specs http www geforce co uk hardware desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel specifications GT TI specs http www asus com Graphics Cards NVIDIA Series ENGTX Ti DCII TOP DI GD specifications Would this card work and if not could you suggest a card similar in capability that would Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics card update help needed

Yes that video card will work with your motherboard.

However, it may not be the best value for money compared to the current gen video cards on offer.

For example, the newer Nvidia GTX 660 is the same price as the 560 Ti and offers around 30% more performance. Alternatively, the AMD Radeon HD 7850 costs even less and still offers better performance than the 560 Ti. I would highly recommend you go with one of these (doesn't have to be that exact model of 660 or 7850).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-help-needed.188413/
Relevancy 22.36%

Online gaming pc and xbox live both work great Websites are hit and miss Okay a little back story On around I woke up to find a very spastic internet connection Video games like world of warcraft steam games etc worked just fine No Most web won't issues.. load others at with all, no do sites sluggishness whatsoever Most web sites won't load at all, others do with no issues.. However basic websites all widely varied and unconnected would sometimes load other times they would just pretend they were loading circle repeatedly spinning like it would happen anytime You could leave that up for an hour sometimes without it timing out I chalked it up to a number of things We d just had several storms roll through one of which being a hurricane Two days later after work we called the cable provider because it hadn t improved even a little bit and I work with animals and have to routinely do research associated with my job I d get maybe of websites to load some I d never been to would work great others wouldn t even load when I frequented them in the past Yet this entire time we can STILL play online games on either the computer of the Xbox The man from the cable company ran us through some basic things they pinged various sites everything came back fine even for sites that refused to load After an hour on the phone the man was stumped Everything on their end and ours both appeared to be just fine So he tells us to give it a little time maybe something was slightly off Told us to call back in a few days if the problem didn t resolve Well two days later there was no change whatsoever We called back got the same sort of run around and basic tests finally they say to just bring the router to the local office and swap it out because that s the only possible thing they can think of We did this morning and nothing No change Exact same issues I ve since then searched through old and new forums trying to find a concrete way to get this back in order but resetting winsock and things of that nature have done nothing For details Windows Main OS is Mozilla but tried google chrome and IE with identical results Norton anti-virus have also disabled this and the firewall just to be sure but no luck Spybot search and destroy had used it in the past but only reinstalled it after issues began just to be sure There are two computers that are run through the modem with identical issues and one wireless laptop ARRIS router from Cable One have went into the configuration screens for it but have not been able to note anything amiss Right now I am able to look these things up because google works fine if I just want to search Clicking the links that pop up as a result either takes several clicks will pretend like it s loading but sit there spinning indefinitely or very rarely just time out altogether However I have taken to clicking the cached version of the website and that works just fine even when I have never been to the site myself personally ANY help would be appreciated It s very frustrating to pay so much for a service and then when you do finally have time off or actually need to research you are kind of just out of luck yet I could take a lazy day and play video games without problem Maybe my router is trying to get me to take a vacation Really don t want to reformat if I can avoid it and considering it s affecting multiple machines I m not sure it would help nbsp

A:Most web sites won't load at all, others do with no issues..

I'm using Firefox and it shows me some critical info when I access a URL

looking up xxx
connecting to xxx
waiting on xxx
done and the page is shown
(1) is the DNS lookup - - if this takes too long, the browser should show a timeout
(2) after finding the IP address of the url, this is where the connection is made and there can be
multiple issue at this point

connection reset (ie too many concurrent requests)
completed connection but no data at all
(3) data is being read by the browser and will continue in this state until there is nothing else to send.
Chrome & Opera will stall here forever {nothing shown} if (4) can not be reached

one test of the URL in question is to use TRACERT DOMAIN.NAME to see if it's possible to even
reach that server right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/most-web-sites-wont-load-at-all-others-do-with-no-issues.185446/
Relevancy 44.29%

My fan recently broke. So I simply jus popped another one on. The fan I replaced it with jus has red and black which is obv live and neg but the one I took out has red black and yellow any idea about the yellow ? The fan works great but CPU fan failed error keeps appearing then when I press F11 it says entering setup but still shuts down.any ideas about how to keep it running just to get into the settings and change the CPU fan settings. Would be grateful with any help. Thankyou.

A:Help needed to bypass the CPU fan failed error at startup

You bought the wrong type of fan. They aren't all the same. You should have bought a CPU fan but you have a case fan instead. The yellow wire goes to a sensor connection that controls the speed of the fan. The motherboard detects the missing connection and throws the error you saw. The solution is to buy the correct type of fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-to-bypass-the-cpu-fan-failed-error-at-startup.170008/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I'm running two XFX HD 5770's at 850/1200 mhz, 85% fan speed. Air flow is pretty decent, although the PSU sits a little close to the bottom card. While gaming I'll hit up to 76-77C but never over 80C. I've read a few posts and reviews and heard that these cards can run sub-90C fine, but a lot of these included users running their fan speeds at like 60% or below.

My question is : Is reaching almost 80C at 85% fan speed too high? Is it safe to run this for 3-5 hours a day/ 7 days a week?

Thanks for any info/help you can give

A:CF 5770 load temps

If your cards are right next to each other then yeah, they will run pretty hot.

It's pretty common to see GPUs running at 80-90C and they're designed to take that kind of temperature anyway, wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. 3-5 hours a day isn't really that much compared to bitcoin miners who run 24/7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cf-5770-load-temps.182402/
Relevancy 46.01%

In the new rig im building I have the Crosshair V from asus and a AMD 1090T Black Edition Hexa-core. I am going to have about 8-12 GB's of RAM depending on price.

Now I am mostly a gamer. If I get a High end card is there really a need for me to go SLI?

Im Not sure if I should do it or not.

A:Is SLI really needed?

In most situations a single high-end card gets the job done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-sli-really-needed.181461/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time browser of TS and am glad to finally join. I am looking to utilize a Q6600 processor and the following system board and RAM:

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Plus
Corsair XMS3 1333MHz PC3-10666

The goal is to moderately overclock the Q6600 to 3.2 GHz. In my research, I have read many positive reviews about the stability of ASUS boards, and the DDR3 capability is significant to me. However, from what I have gathered, this board can be fussy when overclocking the CPU. Has anyone had any experience with a similar setup?

I would appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

A:New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

Firstly, why do you need to overclock it? I'm guessing its more because you want to, than necessity, but my thoughts are below.

I run the exact same CPU in my system 24/7 and while it might be long in the tooth compared with most systems on here, it's certainly not lacking at stock speeds as it is.

Not sure if system specs is easily read right now, but for the sake of doubt, mine are: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 stepping (at stock OC with Corsair H50 (push/pull) providing cooling), Abit AW9D-MAX, 8GB OCZ Gold series DDR2-1066, HD6870, Antec HCG-620 PSU, a SSD and six mechanical disks.

I wouldn't call 3.2GHz a moderate OC on the Q6600, that's more like 2.8-3.0GHz. I used to have mine overclocked but the difference was so minimal (in real terms) that the additional heat it gave off and power it consumed made it pointless. I was never able to achieve 3.05GHz or above either, but I've no doubt that more experienced hands would have managed it. Overclocking is my weaker subject in the field of IT generally speaking, and I can't say I've ever really pushed the envelope very far in that regard.

Though that said, I've always found Gigabyte boards to be much more forgiving when it comes to RAM settings. Asus in my experience can be a real nightmare with recognising the default timings and voltages for RAM, and in "my experience" need much more work to achieve the same result.

Another point that needs to be considered is LGA-775 is legacy hardware now, so you'd be spending money on defunct hardware. If you have the CPU it might be better to grab a second-hand board off of eBay or something, or maybe look to something newer and more current.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-project-lga-775-board-w-ddr3-needed-thoughts-please.180344/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys About months ago my laptop started to act up The screen would get jumpy horizaontal lines flashign across it and then it would cut out altho lights are still on the screen would needed advice of crashes, sure Inspiron not HP cause, be black I would turn it off and turn it on and it may not happen again for a HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed day week or even month Now things have worsened it now happens every session often failing to start altogether The jumping has worsened too it can become heavily pixalated and distorted making a weird noise as if the audio has been caught while it froze Sometimes the screen goes black and the audio continues as normal for a few seconds then dies too Sometimes a blue screen appears telling me it is dumping physical memory this scares me so i usually turn it off quickly Im noit sure if the following is correlation or causation but occasionally this jumping and freezing etc is brought about by me moving the screen of laptop slightly IT does seem to last longer if i have the laptop some where stationary All in all im very confused i brought it to a repair shop and he told me it was not the hardrive so must be the motherboard and therefore v expensive I didnt really get the trusting vibe off him so im worried hes just saying that so i spend big cash with him Im trying to decide what the problem is any ideas If it is the motherboard is it worth fixing If i do buy a new laptop is there any resale in mine for parts If you require any further details im happy to try but i dont have much computer knowledge hence why my title is not very techy Cheers guys Shane nbsp

A:HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

"HP Inspiron crashes"...

You must mean Dell Inspiron, don't you? What is the model or service tag number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-inspiron-crashes-not-sure-of-cause-advice-needed.179414/
Relevancy 21.93%

HP G62-455DX Notebook

My daughter have a laptop that she was trying to connect her son Leapfrog to it. She it connected overnight. The next day the laptop wouldn't load up but just shows a black screen with blinking cursor. Someone told her that it might be a virus. When I turn laptop on I can hit the [ESC] and it will take me to the black screen "Startup Menu." It won't let me do anything else but go to the black screen with the cursor. I tried to reformat the laptop but can't seem to get pass the black screen.

A:Can't get laptop to load (black screen with cursor)

Hello sir,
Could you give us some more details such as the OS, the exact process/incident after which the problem arose, and all the activities on the laptop since the Leapfrog connection?

For one, it could be plain hardware failure.
Assuming you have Windows 7 installed, have you tried performing a Startup Repair using the Windows 7 disk?
Once you power on the laptop, keep pressing 'F8' till you reach the "Advanced Boot Menu". Select Safe Mode, and see if you can boot into Windows. If you can get to the desktop, perform a malware scan.

If it doesn't help, contact your vendor's or HP's customer support/technical assistance.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Marnomancer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-laptop-to-load-black-screen-with-cursor.179470/
Relevancy 44.29%

hey all,

I've decided on upgrading to a water cooling system for my CPU, and two GPU's (most probably a set of 680's), curently have two 560 Ti's, and a i5-2500k CPU

I'm not sure a dual loop is the best solution or a single loop with two radiators and a decent pump. EKWB have some pretty decent stuff so I'll be getting most components from them.
I've done a quick picture of the setup I was thinking of for a single loop. I'll be setting it up in either a Corsair 800d or 650d case, with the 800d obviously having different radiators.

Anyone know if this is a good way to go for a setup like this?

Thanks

A:Help needed setting up a water cooling loop

You need a pump with a good amount of head pressure for a single loop of this kind.

Oh and larger rad for gpus pls. Other than that this setup is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-setting-up-a-water-cooling-loop.179241/
Relevancy 44.72%

My current Upgrading my advice needed computer, specs are ASRock A GXE M Motherboard Athlon X BE OC ed at GHZ GB G-SKILL DDR HD Here is what i m looking at buying Same Motherboard AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb Upgrading my computer, advice needed GHz Socket AM W HIS Upgrading my computer, advice needed H FN GD Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC For a grand total of shipped I posted this at a different forum and many people told me that I was wasting my money That I should buy a new motherboard so I will be able to get DDR Ram They Upgrading my computer, advice needed said that I can get a Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz Dual-Core Processor for the same price that will outperform the Phenom I don t do a whole lot of gaming but when I do I like to be able to run the games on a fairly high setting and my HD is beginning to show its age I just wanted to throw in a new GPU CPU and add a little RAM and I figured with what I selected that I would be able to run just about anything at full speed I figured I would get a second opinion here So what would you recommend I should also point out that I still have an IDE DVD Burner and my secondary hard drive So I would either have to upgrade those components find a new motherboard that has IDE or buy an adapter all of which will add to the final price So do you think I should go all out and buy a new motherboard or just upgrade the components Thanks nbsp

A:Upgrading my computer, advice needed

You could last it out a while longer, but I'd be inclined to upgrade.

Being pedantic though, your GPU choice is not going to play every single game out there at fairly high settings, unless you're prepared to drop the resolutions.

Is your budget set in stone?

Also, what existing hardware do you have that you could reuse should changing motherboard be an option?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-computer-advice-needed.178823/
Relevancy 45.58%

My brother has promised to give me his 60gb Intel SSD when he upgrades his system soon. I've got a Corsair SSD for my OS/boot drive now and two mechanical drives for games, pagefile and a few small apps.

Should I use the 60gb SSD for SSD caching to speed up my games/pagefile mechanical drive? How much of a performance boost would I be getting with a 60gb SSD for caching?

Would it be better if I just put pagefile and a few small apps there? Will pagefile activity wear out the SSD too quickly? (I should point out that I plan to get more RAM soon so I can put pagefile on a RAM disk, so the second option just might be a temporary setup.)

Could you guys maybe suggest other options as to how I could make best use of the extra SSD on my machine?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:SSD advice needed

I know this does not answer your question but you may find it interesting.

If you have plenty of RAM to run all your applications, you wouldn't really need a pagefile. Pagefiles are needed when the system requires more memory than physically in the machine.

I have 8GB memory and rarely see 3GB usage. Several years ago I ran Windows XP without a pagefile on 512MB memory for a long time. One day I actually ran out of memory and the system crashed. Ever since this day I have set a small pagefile just to prevent a system crash. I currently have a 1GB pagefile to assist my 8GB of physical memory if ever needed.

With all this said, I'm not sure how much a pagefile is even used on a system that does not run out of physical memory. If the pagefile is never used then the write cycles for SSD will not be effected. I'm also interested in knowing pagefile usage statistics for a system that has plenty of physical memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-advice-needed.178839/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello friends My sparable savings now sum up to and it s about time I need an upgrade I know this is a really tight budget but it s the best I Hardware RAM GPU upgrade needed for or opinion could muster up for this seemingly urgent upgrade My Current Rig Only parts concerning upgrade are mentioned ASRock N -S AM AM Socket DDR - MHz GB Max Dual Channel Nvidia GeForce Integrated Graphics nForce a PCI-e x Support Single Slot Here s a link for more details www asrock com mb overview asp model n -s AMD Sempron GHz x Single Core nm Max OC GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Here s a link for more details http products amd com pages Deskt amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f Kingmax Semiconductor DDR - MHz GB occupies one slot Western Digital Caviar Blue GB SATAII My Usage Moderate gaming Counter-Strike Source Halo Fable Transformers Mortal Combat V etc I ll get Crysis and BF soon Compression decompression hash tables etc Immediate Plans To install Windows Ultimate -bit I have already prepare all the necessary drivers and programs I just need to make sure all my games are working perfectly stable and Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU equally fast if not a bit superior to -bit I dont t want to end up downloading the -bit versions for all if any of the games and I doubt they will be available anyway The Dilemma As you may have already noticed I have a very entry level rig for my usage In the pursuit of performance I stumbled upon overclocking but I m afraid I have hit the hypothetical quot wall quot I realize that whatever I do and upgrade was imminent So after saving up for a long time I now have just enough money for either a RAM or a GPU I may loosen up the budget a bit if the deal is satisfying enough But the dilemma is which is the more worthy and possibly quot future-safe quot by my position investment that I should make Replacing the mobo is out of the question because that ll mean I ll have to replace qiute a few things The Candidates RAM Most likely A twin of my current Kingmax Semiconductor DDR MHz GB will occupy the second slot on the mobo GPU A little less likely i Radeon HD ii Radeon HD iii Radeon HD iv Radeon HD v Any Nvidia below Any one of these the most affordable one will take over the responsibility from the soon-to-retire Nvidia GeForce CPU least likely Either an Athlon II of Phenom II Let s see After years maybe Haha SSD The price tags made me giddy Sometime later maybe Motherboard Out of the question Years later Or until it s fried Summary Will upgrading RAM give a better performance boost for -bit or should I go for GPU I ll upgrade my CPU later most likely on an exchange offer Reduce Reuse Recycle I ll need an SSD in some time so maybe I ll get it before the CPU Any major upgrades Mobo CPU will be done no sooner than years from the time of writing this thread Thank you in advance for your time and effort Any help is truly appreciated Marnomancer nbsp

A:Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU

Looking at your current rig, you definitely need the best DX11 video card you can afford to ditch the on-board video. You could probably get by with 4GB of RAM for the 64-bit OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-opinion-needed-for-ram-or-gpu.178047/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all, I am new to the world of NAS devices.
I have 5 X 3.5" Sata HardDisks which I would like to share the data around my home network.
I have 2 notebooks, 1 netbook, 1 iPad, 1 desktop and a PS3; I would ideally like to share my files with all devices, and it will be a bonus if I can create different user account for access.
I would like to spend around £150-£350 ($240-$550USD) on the NAS.

Any advice would be appreciated.

A:NAS buying advice needed

I recently ordered (and haven't even received yet) from Newegg a Synology 1511+. I was about to press the order button on a Drobo FS until I read all the owner complaints about network speed. I realize, though, that both of these devices are a bit outside of your budget. You might find it a bit difficult to get what you're looking for without stepping up to at least $600 US. The Drobo FS is around $600-630 and the Synology Diskstation 1511+ is around $800-820 US. I could only find 2 qnap devices that supported 5 drives - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc= .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-buying-advice-needed.177030/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys so i want to upgrade my computer cause i play mmos and right now im playin the new star wars swtor and i lsg sometimes with all settings on low My current computer is a gateway gm its not stock ive done some uogrades to Help upgrade trying needed CPU/motherboard My current specs are Motherboard-geforce se Processor-amd x ghz Help needed trying to upgrade CPU/motherboard was the nd gen of dual cores Ram- gb ddr mhz Help needed trying to upgrade CPU/motherboard Video card- nvidia gts gb Hard drive- gb sata ll rp Power supply- watt antech So ive got ideas ive been brainstorming since im not trying to spend a lot of money Buy a new processor and motherboard that is compatible with all my other hardware and just use my gateway case if possible not sure if i can do any of that Help would be greatly appreciated buy new processor motherboard ram and case Use my old hard drive and power supply Would that even work If that works then use a spare hard drive and power supply i have and put in my current system and then sell it to recoop some of the extra money i soent on case and ram and what not So all the help i could get would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Help needed trying to upgrade CPU/motherboard

Hey i didnt mean to make another post. Could my other one be deleted. Sorry i thiught i was editing my original not making a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-trying-to-upgrade-cpu-motherboard.178154/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am hoping one of you fine people can help me to find a replacement motherboard for my HP Pavilion p p I have gone through the Pavilion Replacement HP p6226p for motherboard needed whole troubleshooting routine -- all peripherals RAM replaced with known-good power supply amp CPU and still can not get into the BIOS setup or boot Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p past the HP splash screen I m down to replacing the motherboard now This computer currently has Motherboard -- M N -LA Viola CPU -- AMD Athlon II x Quad Core Graphics -- NVIDIA GeForce Integrated I m fine with a replacement motherboard with at least equivalent graphics as I do occasionally game with my boyfriend League of Legends Magicka running on lowest settings is fine with me I Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p m in the market for a new computer but would like to keep this one limping along for another months or so if all it will cost me is a motherboard I have a Frys amp Microcenter nearby located in Houston and would like to go pick up a shiny new motherboard ASAP so if you could point me to one on their site it would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p

Check here and make sure that you have a PayPal account:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=HP+M2N78-LA+Motherboard&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-motherboard-needed-for-hp-pavilion-p6226p.175822/
Relevancy 45.15%

My Hitachi C k rpm needed, Adviced HDD SSD broken need mb cache tb died after not even year of use I have checked for warranty and it says I have warranty till entered S N number to check so il be sending it for RMA Now my question is I need an SSD since my backup HDD is GB and only mb cache K RPM and its IDE drive which i hate Which is a decent SSD for - Adviced needed, broken HDD need SSD games as a boot drive I am looking at Corsair Sandforce GB I have sata mobo so that kind of sucks and since iv spent quite some money on new clothes I have left hopefully parents can fill the gap for the new SSD I have F Spinpoint but I got that one after the Hitachi HDD so its not my boot drive and i cant reformat it since I have made it my backup drive I can t use the GB for too long since its old and slow Hopefully Hitachi sends me a replacement drive il write them a letter as well just to make it more convincing So which SSD is decent out there Minding I have sata mobo but i rather but Sata SSD even though it most likely wont max out on the speeds Any advice Is the SATA cable same size as SATA or do i need an adapter How about getting SATA card for my SATA mobo would it that work Any ideas Hope you can help me out guys nbsp

A:Adviced needed, broken HDD need SSD

I'd get the Crucial M4 128GB SSD. Its one of the most reliable SSDs out there currently. It also supports both SATA2/SATA3 connections. So in the future when you do upgrade it will speed up, while still currently maxing out you're SATA2 connection.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...b=true&Keywords=sata+ii&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adviced-needed-broken-hdd-need-ssd.175817/
Relevancy 21.93%

ok i have a asus netbook and i took out the hard drive and replaced it with a dell hard drive now it thinks it a dell and a asus is there any way to wipe it then load only asus hardware????

A:How to wipe a hard drive then load different hardware

Buy a USB hard drive external enclosure matching either SATA or PATA drives and format the Dell drive on another computer. Then install the freshly formatted drive in the Netbook. How are you going to re-load the operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-wipe-a-hard-drive-then-load-different-hardware.175482/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys I have just built myself a new rig full setup below in case when CPU over on load is My 100C full you need to see everything and when i was moving my tower to a more suitable place my stock heatsink fan somehow un-clipped and fell off I then placed it back on and i found that when running games or any kind My CPU is over 100C when on full load of demanding process it reaches temperatures of around C The idle temperature is around - C Is there anything i can do about this I am going to try re-applying the thermal paste as well so if you have any tips about that that would be great SETUP i Quad core GHz GB RAM GTX Asus Rampage III Gene Micro-ATX Cooler Master HAF FANS With my case i had built in fans One at the front one on the top and one My CPU is over 100C when on full load at the back My i is using a stock heatsink that came with it But after it falling off i think the thermal paste isn t applied properly So also is there any other way after applying a new layer or My CPU is over 100C when on full load thermal paste that i can keep my system running as cool as possible nbsp

A:My CPU is over 100C when on full load

It's almost definitely the thermal paste - make sure you clean off any residue before re-applying. Now might be a good time to get an aftermarket HSF also. Even a cheap CM 212 Evo would be much better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cpu-is-over-100c-when-on-full-load.175345/
Relevancy 22.79%

i can start up my toshiba netbook ok but as soon as it gets past the password and on to trying to load google, spotify or anything else it just stops and the loading sign comes up but nothing happens, does anyone know what could be wrong?

A:Netbook won't load

Hi welcome to TS,

umm we do need a few more details on the problem yhu have here etc.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html for how to write a post
james

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-wont-load.174907/
Relevancy 44.29%

i want to install cooler master V10 in mid tower case..but im confused which one to pick between Cooler Master Storm Scout Black and Cooler Master HAF 912

does anybody have any idea which one should i pick.??

A:Cooler Master case recommendation needed please

The HAF 912 would be my pick... more of them out there... more in service for Cooler Master to learn from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-case-recommendation-needed-please.174194/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a Dell that runs Windows 7 and I use Google Chrome. For some time now, my computer has slowly but surely not been loading pages. I had a friend look at it and there are no viruses. I have done all that I know possible. It is not the internet connection because my roommates computer will run all of them. Someone said I should add more memory, but I've only had the computer for a year. Can anyone give me any advice?

A:Laptop will not load pages

Which browser?

Recommend you disable all add-ons, quit the browser and relaunch it.
Also be sure to try three or four websites to be sure it is not related to the server end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-not-load-pages.173481/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Guys,

Got very good inputs from the forum on setting up my network..and its working fine now.

Got one more issue where I need inputs from experts for the best way to do it.

I have got a webserver running behind a router. Now I am planning to add redundancy by taking another static IP from other ISP.

And I wish to balance my incoming load between two connections.

What would be the best way to reach this goal with minimum cosyt involved and best security.

Do I add multiple NIC card on the websers, would that help

Or is it possible to connect two router to same switch.

or would HA proxy be of any help n addition to something above.

Any pointers to a good site or tutorial would also be gr8

BR,
hungrymind

A:1 Webserver, 2 ISP static IPs, load balancing.. how to do it?

yes, this can work with (2x) nic's in the webserver

Code:

isp#1=== webserver === isp#2

However,

I wish to balance my incoming load between two connections.Click to expand...

is not trivial.
As shown, the first connection (let's assume it's #1) will get the default route in your
routing table (that's in the webserver, not a router or switch). The default route is important & solves the question

where do I send the data when I don't know the IP address?
It's the DNS that does this and it will be routed to the default gateway
(see route print).

Adding a router +- a switch or two do not solve the problem.

The presence of isp#2 will only add a specific route for that ISPs gateway.
given
If isp#1 gateway is at 172.16.132.1
isp#2 gateway is at 10.1.2.1
your webserver is at 192.168.1.4
then the routing table might well look like

Code:

Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 [COLOR="Blue"]192.168.1.4[/COLOR] 20
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1
[COLOR="Blue"]192.168.0.0[/COLOR] 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.4 [COLOR="Blue"]192.168.1.4[/COLOR] 20
[COLOR="Red"]10.1.2.0[/COLOR] 255.255.255.0 [COLOR="Red"]10.1.2.2[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]10.1.2.2[/COLOR] 20
192.168.0.4 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 20
192.168.0.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.4 192.168.0.4 20
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 192.168.0.4 192.168.0.4 20
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.4 192.168.0.4 1
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
the 0.0.0.0 ->192.168.0.1 is the default for all unknown traffic
the 192.168.0.0 -> 192.168.0.4 would be all local traffic on that nic
and 10.1.2.0 -> 10.1.2.2 would be local traffic for the 10.1.2.* nic.

THERE IS NO WAY to round-robin requestes between the
192.168.0.* connection and the 10.1.2.* connection

Load Balancing is frequently done by
registring a domain name
adding two more more DNS servers for that domain
and then choosing a round-robin scheduling technique to provide a different one to every dns request.
Using google.com as an example, there are FOUR dns servers
Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.google.com ==> 216.239.32.10
ns2.google.com ==> 216.239.34.10
ns3.google.com ==> 216.239.36.10
ns4.google.com ==> 216.239.38.10

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-webserver-2-isp-static-ips-load-balancing-how-to-do-it.172761/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Everyone Desperately in need of help right now I m now currently unable to load ANY page which requires a login eg Hotmail Youtube any load which a page Can't requires login Login Page Facebook Yahoo Login Page etc I came across this forum and wanted to post a new Can't load any page which requires a login thread to look for help regarding my problem but this forum also required me to make an account BUT since I m unable to load any log in pages I can t load the log in page to my email too I m a computer newbie so I m really at a loss right now This login problem does not only apply to my computer though other computers in my house my iPhone and my PS also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login I m guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISP But I have no idea where to start or what to do to find out what s the problem I doubt it s a malware or any kind of bug though But just to confirm what can I do Any help is greatly appreciated PLEASE and thanks nbsp

A:Can't load any page which requires a login

JuicyDragon said:

This login problem does not only apply to my computer though, other computers in my house, my iPhone and my PS3 also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login. I'm guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISPClick to expand...

Good guess; common symptom across multiple devices implies something higher up in the network.
I suspect you have a port problem for port 443, secured http (HTTPS://)

Using a wired connection to your router, launch a browser and enter the router IP address as if it were a URL. This will access the router config page but should prompt for the admin/pwd.

Now you need the Admin-id, password and the IP address of your router, all of which are make/model dependent - - Please post the name/model number of your router so we can continue . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-load-any-page-which-requires-a-login.172593/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys just joined the forum after ending up here after numerous building I'm a gaming Advice needed PC. Google searches thought it best I join up and ask seek some advice As per the title I m in the planning stages of building a gaming pc I don t really have a budget but anything under including all the components and a monitor is best for me I m not one for saving so I ll spend more if absolutely necessary I m willing to buy online or in-store but I m pretty sure than online is cheaper for me this is my first build and I ve yet to do more than add a list of things to I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed a basket lol it ll be early February next year before I can think about buying anything I ll be using Windows ultimate -bit if I can help I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed it in other words if what I ve chosen for this computer which I ll list below will let me use that Anyways here s my list I ve found what I think I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed is everything I need on pixmania ie I just wanna know if these will all work together or fail miserably then I ll look for cheaper deals closer to the time Motherboard Euro ASUS Rampage III Formula - LGA Socket - Intel X Express ICH R Chipset - ATX Processor on it s own but I m getting a fan a gel with it for Euro Intel Core i K - GHz - MB L Cache - LGA Socket boxed edition RAM Corsair x GB DDR - PC - CL XMS PC Memory CMX GX M A C Memory WESTERN DIGITAL TB Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive Power Supply Euro OCZ ZX Series W PC Power Unit OCZ-ZX W-UN Graphics Card MSI GeForce GTX Ti Twin Frozr II - GB GDDR - PCI-Express N GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II OC CD DVD Drive Euro HP CD-RW DVD-ROM combo drive - IDE Case Cooler Master HAF PC Tower Case - black Also on my list is an anti-static wristband as I ve heard they re helpful I m mostly confused about the power supply and if everything will work together I ve also picked that case as it s quite big and it apparently has really great cooling capabilities so if it could house all of that hardware I d be really happy if not I ll get something that works Also has the motherboard got enough slots for everything I d like to get a second graphics card but not for a while if that is do-able that or maybe add a sound card down the line which I can see myself doing Thanks for taking the time to read all of that I look forward to hearing from everyone nbsp

A:I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed

The motherboard you have selected is an LGA 1366 socket which will not support the i7 2600K. Pick an LGA 1155 motherboard (preferably a Z68 chipset). Also, for a gaming setup I would pick the i5 2500K as you wouldn't really require the horsepower of the i7 in games. Money saved could be spent on a better mobo/GPU.

You will not require a 1250W PSU. I would recommend the Corsair TX 750 instead. Pick a better memory kit (1600MHz).

For the GPU, pick a Radeon HD 6950 over the GTX 560 Ti. However, this is a very personal opinion. The 6950 does perform a few frames better in most tests. You could add a second one in CrossFire later on. 2x HD 6950 outperforms SLI GTX 560.

Look at the Cooler Master CM 690 II as your case. It's fantastic at it's price point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-building-a-gaming-pc-advice-needed.172374/
Relevancy 45.15%

If anyone has a working T I would appreciate your help My onboard video is dead and I need someone to document the exact keystrokes needed to disable the onboard video in the CMOS so that an add-in PCI Express card will work I ll have to make the CMOS change blind so I need the exact keystrokes These machines are crap needed help T3120 eMachines so why not replace it It s my Dad s and it works fine for him Why do I think the OBV is bad It seems to start up fine making all the expected signs The capslock light toggles as expected It shuts itself down if I enter the keystrokes to eMachines T3120 help needed shut down a WinXP machine ctrl-alt-delete ctrl-alt-delete alt-s enter These things seem to indicate that it s functioning okay except for video Could it be the monitor I ve tried two different monitors both work fine when connected to other machines but have no signal when connected to the T What else have I tried I installed a PCI-Express video card but there s no picture I installed an old PCI video card Got one long beep and two short beeps but no picture Any other suggestions appreciated nbsp

A:eMachines T3120 help needed

If the motherboard is faulty other issues won't be much further behind - if not already showing there ugly roots.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

A replacement motherboard will in my opinion be a wiser decision.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t3120-help-needed.171049/
Relevancy 22.79%

When I power on my laptop, the BIOS won't go any further then the BIOS menu options. The screen is still at the Gateway logo and BIOS menu. I checked to see if it was the HDD but the disk is good. I tried removing the CMOS battery, but that didn't work.

Gateway 7422gx
Win XP/Ubuntu Linux
Pheonix bios

Is there a way to fix BIOS?
What can be the problem?

Thanks

A:BIOS won't load

did you make any major changes to the machine lately?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-wont-load.171038/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,
I am having issues with my Desktop computer at the moment,
I would love some advice as I am trying to upgrade my computer for more PC gaming some of my PC's specs include:
- 64 bit running windows 7
- Gigabyte motherboard GA-MA78GM-S2H
- 6.00 GM Ram DDR2
- AMD Anthlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD6850 Graphics Accelerator GV-R685D5-1GD/GV-R685OC-1GC

Now i believe i need to upgrade my processor I was looking for an i5 possible but my question is would i need to update my motherboard and what price would i be looking at? also any additional advice would be great.

A:What should I do, expert or informative help needed!

You would require new RAM, a new motherboard and of course the processor in order to change to a new chipset.

I would suggest you look at the Sandy Bridge LGA1155 platform, which is current. Your graphics card is perfectly fine for now, and will be in fine in a new setup as long as you aren't expecting to play at full HD resolution with the settings ramped on highest.

Given your spec you might also need a new case, and a new power supply. Your best to post your full system specifications, including your case, and your current power supply model and its total wattage.

You also need to set a realistic budget for those to best assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-do-expert-or-informative-help-needed.171048/
Relevancy 21.93%

Having issues with Direct3D

I just installed Windows 7 on my computer. I haven't used in a while and got a copy from my dad. Since I don't have any work to do on it yet, I decided to install a game I recently got into - League of Legends - but the problem is, I cannot play. When I start up the game, I get the error in the title... "Could not load direct3d" I have no idea what's going on and I would love some help on the issue.

Here is my DxDiag if needed:
View attachment DxDiag.txt

Please and Thank You!

A:'Could not load direct3d' error for League of Legends

What kind of GPU do you have? Because you're running DirectX 11 and judging by how old all you're other components are I doubt you're GPU supports DX11. Look up the specifications of w/e card it is you have, and it should say what DX it supports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-load-direct3d-error-for-league-of-legends.170683/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi everyone, so to explain my problem :
I was surfing trought web when my pc started to use more memory like normaly so it was slower even when no applications were runing, i have hp pavilion dv6t- 1200 and suddenly it freezed. I dont have battery so i removed ac. Then pluged back in, pushed power button, i could hear fan and hdd but nothing happened, i can see leds and hear hdd and fan on startup but thats all...and i dont have display, my pc was connected via hdmi which started on logon screen so im not able to see any error or anything...i tried hard reset, removing rams and hdd and battery on mobo with no luck...i tried win key + b + power button to downgrade bios and leds start to flash 3 times and maybe 20 beeps...please help i dunno what to do :-\ any help will be appreciated

A:Windows will not load up

The motherboard is probably fried

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-will-not-load-up.169852/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I just bought a Asrock z Pro motherboard with a core i k and gigz of g skill sniper series hz I cheerfully ripped out the old stuff and put in the new and booted the first error I got right at boot was windows windows ult bit could not load so I did the automatic repair it said it didn t work so it wanted a restore so I tried that it didn t do anything whenever I try to not load on motherboard new will Windows load Windows will not load on new motherboard into windows it just rebooted So from there I did the windows command prompt under the repair and did bootrec exe fixmbr bootrec exe fixboot Windows will not load on new motherboard bootrec exe RebuildBcd After I finished that it started the windows loading screen and just froze and rebooted So I checked the BIOS it reads everything prefectly fine RAM CPU all my HDD s everything So I tried booting into a Win install disk to try to repair it was the same process Then I tried a different HDD with a different OS windows xp it did the same thing just started loading windows then froze I did try updating the BIOS to the newest version and even clearing the CMOS and repeating the steps above it did not work So I put in a fresh HDD and tried putting Win on that one it errors halfway through installing finally gave up to defeat and reassembled my old comp back in and it works fine So I have no idea what is wrong is this where I RMA I sent a message to Asrock but have no idea how long it takes them to reply Can any of you think of anything else I could try I m worried this will happen again with the replacement All drives are sata And my psu is an antec w earthwatts And the video is an ati radeon HD but I did try it without it being installed nbsp

A:Windows will not load on new motherboard

Well, the reason behind it was my old mobo didnt have ahci, only an ide setup so simply reinstalling windows solved it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-will-not-load-on-new-motherboard.169478/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm on the market for something mobile but I have a few questions.

I spend a lot of time using photoshop and dreamweaver. is 14" too small for production work?

Am I missing anything if I dont go for a 17" laptop, besides the obvious weight decrease?

I play some games every so often. SC II, Rift.

budget=1800.00usd. Doesn't have to max out my budget but it has to look good and do the things I need.

Please don't include anything made by apple

A:Laptop purchase. Experienced owners needed.

[/quote]

supersmashbrada said:

I'm on the market for something mobile but I have a few questions.

I spend a lot of time using photoshop and dreamweaver. is 14" too small for production work?

Am I missing anything if I dont go for a 17" laptop, besides the obvious weight decrease?

I play some games every so often. SC II, Rift.

budget=1800.00usd. Doesn't have to max out my budget but it has to look good and do the things I need.

Please don't include anything made by appleClick to expand...

In my personal experience with Dell Inspiron E1505 ( 6400 ), it was so horrible that it kept killing my first, second and third power adapter for the laptop. Dell aren't that bad, except they're notoriously ignoring on improving the life of the power adapters, let alone of customers buying the $25 - $80 for new adapter once in every 3 - 6 months.

I do used the photoshop and lots of frontpage on that laptop, and i know for surely doing these things on 14" will be little too small for me. Have you considered Lenovo's or Toshiba? They're very solid and very reliable laptops than anything I touched in the past.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-purchase-experienced-owners-needed.168225/
Relevancy 45.15%

*update* Guess I don't need a capture card at all. Just software?
Not sure if this belongs in Other or Gaming. Sorry up front for that. I was curious if anyone knew what type of hardware and software is required for a PC to run a livestream on sites like Justin.tv/Livesteam.com/Youtube etc. Anything besides a "Capture card?" Is there a certain amount of recommended internet connection before even attempting to do it?

Any information on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

A:Hardware needed to Livestream?

If i am reading this right and you just want good streaming with sites like YouTube. Then all you really need is a good internet connection. Any High-Speed internet connection should run videos just fine buffer free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-needed-to-livestream.168302/
Relevancy 21.93%

Help!!!

urgent i need my computer
its an acer aspire 5536 its 2 years old and it sayes operating system not found

PLZ HELP!

Jarrod S Lewis :dead:

A:My Acer Aspire 5536 won't load Vista

Have you left any CD/DVD's in the drive or a USB flash drive inserted? if so remove them and try again. If you have a card reader check there is nothing in it and if a blank is fitted make sure it is properly inserted.

Will it boot from the OS disc?

Unfortunately, if this is not the case, your hard drive has probably failed. Run this diagnostic from the hard drive manufacturer. You will need to use another PC to download the ISO and burn it to a disk.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

Please provide the model number of your drive if it is Toshiba Fujitsu for further instructions, this does not run on Windows 7. I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-5536-wont-load-vista.167551/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i reccently tried clearing cmos on a second hand motherboard only to find out when i removed the cmos battery and chip my computer will not boot up most of the time,but when it actually shows anything on the screen it says
WWW.RM.COM

Press tab to enter setup or F1 to continue but my keyboard and mouse are not responding,i am trying to find a bios to download onto my usd stick to try reset it

mobo make is
ASUS P5GL-TMX/S
not having much look!

specs
3.0ghz cpu
512mb ramx3
40gb sata drive
phillips rw drive
psu

it was runing ubuntu before i done this
i tried to install windows 7 so i removed cmos battery and chip,obviously this was not the right thing to do trying to install my new windwos os!
any help much apreciated on what i should do??

A:BIOS driver needed?

Hi, i have to admit i can't find such a mobo, maybe you are using the wrong model
ASUS P5GL-TMX/S
that isn't on the asus website, you know to be sure run a software called speccy, it will give you more info of you real model.
The closest model that i found is ASUS P5GL-MX that is without the T so its -MX instead of -TMX.
Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-driver-needed.166236/
Relevancy 21.93%

hello i have a question about temperatures on HD ill start with my spec MB asus m a gtd pro usb phenom b x oc ghz x gb kingston hyper-x ddr ram gigabyte hd gb corsair tx v w psu as for cooling i have in case side cooler thermaltake x mm blow air inside on cpu thermaltake cooler too one zalman cooler back x mm blow air out and a x mm cooler in front blow air inside on hdds for idle work my temperatures are normal for MB c cpu c and gpu c but under load mb temperature goes to c cpu temperature on c as i assume is ok as before i was concerned about MB temperature before put in x side fan when MB temp hit c under load idle - c but recently got high-temperature under Gigabyte HD6970 load and concerned about temps under Gigabyte HD6970 high-temperature under load load when gpu diode is c but shaders temps show c Gigabyte HD6970 high-temperature under load under load is this normal for hd or i need to think how to cool down my gpu under load before had hd Gigabyte HD6970 high-temperature under load and it hit only c under load idle c nbsp

A:Gigabyte HD6970 high-temperature under load

Your video card is running hot, make sure your fan speed is throttling up when your gpu is active.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-hd6970-high-temperature-under-load.167199/
Relevancy 21.93%

Motherboard type: Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L
it has 4 memory slots (2 red and 2 yellow)

I had 2x1G sticks of this type:
DIMM3: Mushkin 991529 (996529) 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)

And recently bought a 2GB stick:
DIMM1: Samsung M3 78T5663QZ3-CF7 2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (6-6-6-18 @ 400 MHz) (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)

Tried to connect all 3 together in any possible way but my PC wouldn't start or
reboot before windows gets to load.
I tried to pull out the old 2x1GB sticks and just put the new 2GB one and it
worked perfectly.
Now i installed 1GB+2GB and it works great but
i bought the new stick in order to have 4GB total, not 3.

Any way i can fix this? maybe i'm doing something wrong?
or could it be a bios problem? my bios version is F8 (2 updates behind the latest version)

A:PC fails to load with three memory sticks

All the memory sticks should be the same type and speed modules. Your speeds and manufacturers are different. Some motherboards are more sensitive to this than others

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-fails-to-load-with-three-memory-sticks.166517/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey there Hope I am posting this in the right forum So today I got my self two new mm fans mm Urgent dead? PSU needed, motherboard help or fan cathodes but most of all a new case I took everything off and stripped my old case and put everything in new Everything connected up and the Front Panel connectors connected as well Here is where the problem lies I am not sure if my front panel connectors are in the right places I know which socket they go in but no Idea in what Urgent help needed, motherboard or PSU dead? order their polarity etc So once i connected them possibly wrong way I plug in the power and hit the Power button The PC turns on and then INSTANTLY shuts of within fraction of a second I see the fans spin Urgent help needed, motherboard or PSU dead? and light up but at the same time they all go off Now i tried nearlly every different way the front panel connectors could go and still same problem as above Could this be a mobo issue PSU issue Am I totaly screwed Or could it be the front panel connectors connected incorrently faulty PS I tried to see if the problem persists with just fan connected without any other hardware no cpu gpu hdd s etc etc and still same prob Really needed to get my PC ready and up for tomorrow as I got crap loads of college work to do and this laptop I am using now is terrible can t handle photoshop X Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Urgent help needed, motherboard or PSU dead?

Did you remember to connect the 4 or 6 pin aux12v line to the motherboard near the CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-help-needed-motherboard-or-psu-dead.165883/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey just a quickie, on all the sites saying what parts you need to order to build a computer, none list a wireless card as a necessary part, but i've searched around and some places say that if you dont have one you basically cant connect to wireless networks?

So no big deal, they're like 30 bucks on newegg.ca, but I figure I should get all the important parts ordered.

A:Wireless card needed for building computer?

You need a wireless card or wireless adapter to go wireless.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-card-needed-for-building-computer.164624/
Relevancy 44.72%

my motherboard fried out on me so im wanting to update any how any one know a good reliable mobo that can game with that is Intel Core i3-550 3.20GHz CPU compatible and within a reasonable price range

A:Core i3 processors advice needed

You still looking at your original $200 budget mate?

If so, this is considerably under your budget:

GIGABYTE GA-H55-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $114.99 (with $10.00 rebate) from Newegg.

I personally prefer Gigabyte to pretty much everything else, but opinions will differ as everyone has their own individual experiences and therefore their own personal recommendations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i3-processors-advice-needed.164570/
Relevancy 21.93%

hello
to describe the problem
when i play games there is annoying background buzzing sound in earphones noticable, when i had 5770 it wasnt so notisable(was noticable when i had my old MB+5770) after changing new MB and with 5770 didnt notice that buzzing, but after geeting a 6970 now i noticed that on my new mb and new gpu buzzing sound in games is back , really anoying while in game is silent moments, have updated all drivers to newest didnt help, is it MB related audio problem ? if i put pci sound card it may fix that problem?

A:Annoying sound while under load(gaming)

What Operating System are you running. I had this "buzzing" on a Dell Presario 530S desktop with Vista Home Premium, SP2 installed. I ran Windows Update over and over again to insure that all updates were installed and the buzzing stopped, as suddenly as it started. I did notice, that when the computer was off, I could still hear a faint buzz until I disconnected the speakers. After installing ALL the Windows Updates even this off buzzing stopped. I know this sounds strange. The Dell has on-board Realtek HD audio

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/annoying-sound-while-under-load-gaming.164249/
Relevancy 44.72%

Current specs

HP Pavilion m7560n
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (mobo)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ / 2.2 GHz
4 gb ddr2 sdram pc2-4200
Thermaltake TR2-450w psu
ATI Radeon HD 4350 1gb ddr2 600mhz
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Seagate 320 gb hd

Keep in mind, the operating system came with the computer. I don't have an install cd. All I have is 3 recovery disks and I'm not betting they'll work with a new mb. My goal is to reuse all hardware if possible. Links in next post.

A:Replacing motherboard (advice needed)

frist, only has two ram slots, not 9.6 x 9.6, will it still fit?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157202

second, same as above.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157187

third, almost seems to good to be true. Only shipped with motherboard. No software.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ASRock-ALIVENF6...524373096?pt=Motherboards&hash=item4cf4c9b068

Any suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-motherboard-advice-needed.163930/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi folks I thought I would pick the brains of the experts on here cards Advice regarding needed! graphic I am looking to upgrade my Graphics card but have never attempted this before Rather than go blundering in and probably mess things up I thought I would check on here first Here are the specs for my Advice regarding graphic cards needed! current PC let me know if I am missing anything out System Specs Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Language English Regional Setting English System Advice regarding graphic cards needed! manufacturer IBM System Advice regarding graphic cards needed! Model DG BIOS Pheonix FirstBios Desktop Pro Version for ThinkCentre Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available DirectX version DirectX c Display Device Name Intel R G Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip Type Intel R G Express Chipset Family DAC type Internal Approx Total Memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor I would like any suggestions for a reasonable graphics card that would work on my machine any other alterations additions I would need to make to the machine itself I appreciate any suggestions Cheers nbsp

A:Advice regarding graphic cards needed!

I've moved your thread to the Audio and Video sub-forum, which is a more suitable place for your enquiry.

Also, I would recommend you provide us with the total wattage of your power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-regarding-graphic-cards-needed.164072/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all, i am new to this forum. I need some advice with my Sony Vaio as it has stopped working, when i turn it on it stays on the Vaio page for a few minutes then moves to another screen saying 'Operating System not found'. I don't have any recovery disks or anything as it is a couple of year old now. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

A:Sony Vaio will not load

When the operating system not found error occurs because of file system error, or worse, hard disk drive failure.

What is the operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-will-not-load.163933/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm running windows 7 64 and whenever I start up my laptop windows 7 takes forever to load my network. You can see it doing that loading symbol over where the white bars would be on the bottom right of the task bar. Idk why it does this but I think it has something to do with windows gadget taking long to load as-well because ever since this started, so has windows gadgets taking forever to load. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this because it takes around 2 min to connect.

A:Windows start up takes forever to load network

Here is the video of my problem, maybe this will help

http://www.youtube.com/embed/K8ZCF8ywMQ8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-start-up-takes-forever-to-load-network.163465/
Relevancy 44.72%

I installed this PCI-X controller below but into a normal PCI slot Adaptec AIC- W SCSI cause before serious more I not installed, help needed problems BIOS Controller Adapter Card PCI-X I then proceeded to conect the HDD s up GB K BIOS not installed, serious help needed before I cause more problems RPM Fujitsu Ultra SCSI -pin LVD drives it is a long cable that connects into the controller and at the end has the terminator My OS is on a GB Western Digital WD Raptor with two more Seagate Barracuda TB drives this point I turned the machine on not sure what to expect they are very loud turbine sounding but they were outside of the case since I didn t know if they would work or not Not the hdd not working but the setup cause I knowing nothing about SCSI and plus the drives in a normal size case lights blink on and off at times on the scsi hdd s The machine saw the controller and I was able to access the config utility was telling me that setup was something something wrong and when I clicked out and continued Booting the controller Kernel Controller started The messages below is how it ends Following SCSI IDs are not responding No Logical drives foud No Int Drives to support BIOS not installed This is just one of my personal machines no server or anything like that Update Removed controller hdd s and now the system is back to normal I like to know how to run the scsi setup Would I notice a vast difference in speed compared to my hdd s now with no raid what so ever nbsp

A:BIOS not installed, serious help needed before I cause more problems

I suspect that you do not have the jumpers set correctly on the Fujitsu drives. They must all be different to give each drive a separate ID.

There may also be a problem with your Bios settings or possibly the Bios is incompatible.

From what I have read on the subject the SCSI set up would give a noticeable increase in speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-not-installed-serious-help-needed-before-i-cause-more-problems.162592/
Relevancy 64.07%

Replaced failed HDD in laptop, need to load Windows 7 using the System Image DVD's.

Can this be done?

If so, what are the steps?
Is special hardware needed?
Do I need to format hard drive first?

I have already tried by using the "Repair Disk" created along with the "System image" disks, it's apparently not as simple as just following the prompts.

Thanks.

A:Steps/hardware needed? Replaced hard drive, load Win 7 w/ sys image DVD

This should help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/675-system-image-recovery.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steps-hardware-needed-replaced-hard-drive-load-win-7-w-sys-image-dvd.162441/
Relevancy 43.43%

Well after my Video Card finally quit on my 4-year old gaming laptop I decided it's time to build my first PC!

I've already staked out most of what I want for parts and what not, but generally want advice on stuff I've done wrong. I've already gotten a few second opinions but decided here would be a great place to ask for help. After all, out of all the components I've picked there is sure to be something wrong (compatibility issues, etc...) with my decisions!

My Decisions: UPDATED
Mobo
CPU
Graphics Card
Power Supply
Case
HDD
SSD
Monitor

Other Stuff
RAM
Optical Drive
Wireless Card

P.s. Thanks so much for everyone's feedback and input!

A:Tips & advice needed for building my first PC - let's make it a good experience!

The motherboard will work with your i5 2500k, says it supports (1155) so should be fine.

For graphics card, i'm not so sure, but I know the Radeon 6950 is great. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161361&cm_re=radeon_6950-_-14-161-361-_-Product

For your HDD, a SSD is the future haha. This one was recommended to me http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226168&cm_re=mushkin_ssd-_-20-226-168-_-Product Save you some $$$$ aswell.

Hope this helps a tad!

Oops sorry, that PSU should get upgraded. Corsair from what I've heard is the best option out there. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021&cm_re=corsair_750w-_-17-139-021-_-Product

750W should be fine, 520W might not be enough for the power of your graphics card.

All this info, ive gotten from others on Techspot, so its reliable!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tips-advice-needed-for-building-my-first-pc-lets-make-it-a-good-experience.162280/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

Finally, it is time for me to get a new PC. I will build it myself. But I have no idea what to get...
I need a PC for video editing and rendering (preferably HD), MS Office, Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements v7, and surfing the web (firefox). I also like to overclock.
I would like the PC to have at least 500GB storage (WD), preferably 4GB RAM, and I'd like the PC to be cool and quiet.
I would like the price to be as low as possible (less than $600?).
[For simplicity, the prices should be in USD. I will search for the products myself. In Israel, some components aren't available.]
I do not game on my PC.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

A:New PC - advice needed

Does that ~$600 USD budget need to include a monitor and an OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-advice-needed.158073/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

My socket AM2 based computer has a faulty motherboard and needs a replacement to get it up and running again. It does not turn on, I have ruled out the other components as the cause of this problem.

The other components are:

AMD Athlon 64 4xxx/5xxx+ X2 series dual core processor
2GB PC3200 RAM
Asus 7900GS GPU

It looks like a replacement will cost around £25-60 judging by what is available on ebuyer.com.

Any suggestions/recommendations? Anything on par with the old motherboard will be fine. I won't need something future proof as this is only a secondary computer my family uses.

I will be upgrading my own computer next year and passing it down to them so we are only looking at getting this computer back up and running in the meantime (they are currently stuck with the aging laptop!)

Thank you in advance your help will be much appreciated

also, Merry Christmas =)

A:Replacement needed for socket AM2 motherboard (M2N-SLI Deluxe)

You might have made a typo in describing your CPU. Is it an Athlon 64 X2 4600+?

I am surprised how few retailers are selling AM2 boards these days. TigerDirect has two and Newegg has three available. Personally, I would go with the Foxconn one, but I am biased for Newegg. haha

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-needed-for-socket-am2-motherboard-m2n-sli-deluxe.158400/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Guys,
Can anyone help me with this.
I have a geforce 9600gso card that has been working fine for a year or so.
A few days ago while ALT-TABBING between a game and website my PC crashed and when it came back on the graphics card wasnt working correctly.
In the device manager it shows an error code 43 and is saying the the drivers installed correctly but wouldnt run.
I have updated the drivers and reinstalled the card a few times.
Ocasionally it comes back up working correctly, but seems to crash again after a few minutes (if i run a game or the screensaver comes on.)
Oh yes, running Vista 32 bit

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-wont-load-drivers.159318/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi and thanks for taking a build, needed First guidance please look at my post I am going to end up asking a million questions so anyone wanting to help me out will be a life saviour p Ok i want to build my first and hopefull only PC for the forseeable future My past PC s have always been First build, guidance needed please shop bought so First build, guidance needed please very limited to any upgrades My main use for the PC will be Poser First build, guidance needed please Pro and DsMax both are CPU and ram heavy during rendering and are both bit programs i also do a lot of photoshop and picture edditing so i guess CPU speed and ram are my main requirements I am sure there will be other things to concider along the way though My budget is limited but i dont want to just make do either as this will be a PC i want to use for sometime The CPU i am thinking is in my price range is the intel QX Ghz which i read here can bo OC to a very stable Ghz I will be Using Windows Ultimate bit and would like around gig of ram either one Tb hd or maybe gig ones I have been adivsed the intel MB DX BT would be perfect so any thoughts from here is where i need some guidance I am pretty green when it comes to hardware jargon so please be patient with me lol I look forward to hereing any suggestions and i am eager to get building Many thanks for reading my long winded post Kindest regards Vale nbsp

A:First build, guidance needed please

Hi Vale,
1)can you put a number on the "limited budget" for us?
2)You are in the UK correct?
3)I assume you will be buying components online?
4)What bits and pieces (if any) will you carry over from your current PC? ...Packard Bell if I recall?
5)What size monitor are you doing your 3DaMax type work on?
6)is there any other significant use for the machine?...ie gaming ect?
7)how 'future upgrade' minded do you want this machine to be?
8) do you have an online vendor you favor doing business with?

These will be very helpful in getting you suggestions for your new build

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-guidance-needed-please.157310/
Relevancy 22.79%

Fixed my problem. one of the connections were loose.

A:New PSU won't load OS

Re: Computer turns on but does not boot after new PSU installation.

Nevermind guys, I just fixed it myself. What was wrong was that there was an 8 pin power connector not plugged into the motherboard, as my old power supply had a 4 pin power connector, and I had automatically assumed I didn't have to plug anything into it. There was a little platelet, covering the rest of the 4 pins so I didn't know I had something to plug in there.
Have this exact same problem but only have a 4 pin connecter and not another one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-psu-wont-load-os.158488/
Relevancy 44.72%

I updated from windows vista home premium 64 bit to windows home premium 7 64bit and now i have standard vga graphics adapter.My model is a Sony PCG-8112L.

A:Standard VGA graphics adapter help needed

You didn't state the problem very clearly but if I guess, I'd say you neglected to install the graphics driver. If so, I'd guess that you may have forgotten to install the chipset, sound and LAN drivers too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standard-vga-graphics-adapter-help-needed.158192/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey Im looking for help to build a new rig I use the computer mainly for D animation maya blender components needed choosing build machine a in to $1400 Help xsi after effects Help needed in choosing components to build a $1400 machine zbrush nuke realflow Help needed in choosing components to build a $1400 machine etc this includes animating rendering video editing compositing and working with high polygon models D animation and for working with graphics toonboom mangastudio flash Help needed in choosing components to build a $1400 machine photoshop painter etc I also plan to use it for gaming Guild Wars etc And casual use internet writting watching movies etc I have I already used to buy a Intel Core i GHz M L Cache LGA Desktop Processor I know a lot of people complain about the stock cpu cooler any recomendations for that So that leaves me with to buy Video card motherboard RAM power supply case optical drive hard drive cpu cooler I m located in Mexico I can get mostly anything here but the prices are always higher I plan to buy everything online and have it sent at a friends house in the US so that I can pick it up in a couple of weeks I am willing to buy online if I can get everything online the better in sites that dont require the billing and the shipping adresses to be the same when paying with a credit card I m not reusing anything of my old computer except keyboard wacom tablet and cintiq I still havent decided if I want to run the pc on linux or in windows I dont plan on getting any aftermarket cooling except if I really need it do I really need it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-in-choosing-components-to-build-a-1400-machine.158180/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey,

so at my work I just found under a pile of junk a Power Macintosh G3 in fairly nice condition. The only problem is, it's missing its processor. I was wondering how much one might run for (I did look online for one but can't find one that would work for it) and on top of that, how much do you think it would be worth if it were running. (I have a running deal with my boss that if I sell old crap I can keep half of what ever I sell it for) I know they are in no way shape or form really usable, but then again fanboys buy this kinda stuff. Anyways, any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Stensland

p.s. there was just the case of one of these (the minitower edition which is the same I found) going for 400$ online.

A:Power Macintosh G3, processor needed

Is it a Blue&White one or a Beige? It makes a big difference. Beige ones are pretty worthless.

Here is a link of CPU upgrades. http://lowendmac.com/ppc/power-mac-g3-upgrade-guide.html These aren't the original processors for them, they are 3rd party ones, but they work. Some places still sell them, or you could check ebay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-macintosh-g3-processor-needed.156492/
Relevancy 21.93%

My subject paper recently started acting weird.
When I try to load continuous paper and press load button, it retracts the paper.
It did happen previously and I used some compressed air to clean the printer and
everything worked fine. I believe there is a photocell somewhere in the printer,
which is supposed to sense the paper. I do not know where it is and also I do not
know why it is not working as it should.
Does any one have ideas about what to do except to trash the printer.

Best regards,
Gulab

A:Citizen GSX140 printer would not load paper

Here's a link to a settup guide for you - hope it helps-> http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+adjust+tractor+feed&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/citizen-gsx140-printer-would-not-load-paper.155834/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi
I have a perfectly working card, but now it's a brick as I flashed it by an accident.
I need a bios of the 128mb version of X1300.
Please try to help me - If anyone has this card, please pm me - If you don't know how to extract it's bios, I will show you, it's very simple and will not damage your card.
GV-RX13128D-RH
Already contacted Gigabyte's Techsupport, they want me to RMA the video card, too bad it's out of warranty, they are less than helpful and since I don't want to start cursing, I will stop here about their support.

A:Gigabyte's ATI Radeon X1300 128mb - bios needed

you can dump the card's BIOS easily with GPU-Z, so if you can't find the right file your best bet may be to just buy another one, used. i can't seem to dig up any BIOS files on any of Gigabyte's international sites or on Tech PowerUp either, and I don't have an X1300 but i may know someone who does. i will post back if i find anything out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabytes-ati-radeon-x1300-128mb-bios-needed.156156/
Relevancy 22.79%

I place my symantec cd into the drive and nothing happens. I tested to see if it was my cd drive, but it's not. I loaded 2 other cd's perfectly fine. I've never posted here and I'm wondering if anyone would know the reason why. A few things to bear in mind, I recently had to wipe my computer due to a virus (I removed it but the computer ran a little slow sometimes), and this cd isn't store bought. It's symantec burned onto a cd, it's not boot-legged, it's a company copy of symantec and it won't load. This is the only kind of anti-virus that I have available for me

---------------------editting
I made a mistake, it does load; however, whenever I try to access the cd, it takes me the cd but with no accessable files, it says there's 263 mb free of 702...not sure what to do here

A:My CD ROM won't load in the drive

See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

Oh. just noted in your post: Is the problem specific to the Symantec CD???. Try cleaning it. p.s. You wipe CDs using horizontal NOT circular strokes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cd-rom-wont-load-in-the-drive.156144/
Relevancy 45.58%

hey guys what do ya think of my build? all comments will be appreciated

Intel CPU i5 760 - 147 (will be OC to 4 GHZ)
NZXT Tempest EVO - 80
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 470 - 200
ThermalTake Frio - 39
Coolermaster Silent ProM1000k- 130
Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE 22x - 14
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB - 43
OCZ Gold(2x2GB) DDR3 (1333MHz- 65
Emprex 9051H + 883U KIT Ultimate - 20
LG W2261VP 22 inch - 130
eVGA P55 FTW 200 - 220
TOTAL - 1088

in the futere i will be upgrading to 3-Way sli!so tell me what you think
Killerclown OUT!!!

A:PC build help needed

I suppose if you were going to do sli you could go with 460's. So your budget is 1k?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-help-needed.155365/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi guys im getting a new GPU for my new build and i was thinking what would be better the GTX 295 or the gtx 460 because they are around the same price

gtx 295
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-090-GW

gtx 460
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-040-ZT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1830

see!
so which would be better?
(i might buy 2 even for SLI who know?!)
so please help
Nik11105

A:GPU pick for new build help needed

I would go for GTX 460 and then get another in the future when the price comes down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-pick-for-new-build-help-needed.154952/
Relevancy 44.72%

i just received teh 9800 gt in the mail 1024 mb pci-e. I was just looking for a power supply and noticed there isnt a slot for it. I found a spdif gnd cable which ive read is for digital sound? I would like some details if at all possible. and if i need to do anything special for my a8s-x mobo?

A:9800GT no power source needed?

is the 9800GT an ECO 'green version?
http://xtreview.com/addcomment-id-8383-view-Galaxy-GeForce-9800-GT-green-edition.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800gt-no-power-source-needed.154520/
Relevancy 43.86%

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE ASAP BUDGET needed mobo build Gaming questions, guru RANGE - SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT Photo editing media streaming and storage gaming PARTS NOT REQUIRED Keyboard mouse and monitor PREFERRED WEBSITE S FOR PARTS newegg com COUNTRY OF ORIGIN US PARTS PREFERENCES AMD BE processor with AM mobo OVERCLOCKING Yes SLI OR CROSSFIRE not currently MONITOR RESOLUTION p ADDITIONAL COMMENTS Prefer serious consideration for future upgrades ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hello all I would like to start by thanking you all for your knowledge and time I am looking to build a rig for photo editing and gaming I plan to set up home media network to stream my videos to my family room television downstairs I do not require extreme performance but would like a computer that i will be satisfied with for several years For this reason I have loosely chosen Gaming build questions, mobo guru needed to go with AMD I have put Gaming build questions, mobo guru needed together a cart with the parts i am considering COOLER MASTER HAF RC- M-KKN -GP Black Steel Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Instant Western Digital Caviar Black WD FASS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive SAPPHIRE Vapor-X VX- L Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Combo with Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit -Pack for System Builders - OEM Item N E - Instant - Combo Mail-in Rebate Card CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply COMBO WIth G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC - Instant - Combo Mail-in Rebate Card - GIGABYTE GA- FXA-UD AM AMD FX SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard COMBO WITH AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor HDZ FBGMBOX - Instant - Combo Subtotal I am also considering the GeForce GTX GPU and this mobo ASUS M A TD PRO USB If anyone could provide some info on why i would want this mobo or whether its worth the i would greatly appreciate it I was also considering a FX mobo but dont have much knowledge on the matter Is my power supply a suitable size Is this roughly the size i want should i decide to crossfire my GPU in the future Thank you all in advance for reviewing my post Im very grateful nbsp

A:Gaming build questions, mobo guru needed

The GTX 460 would be a better pick over the HD 5770. However, the boards you're picking will not have SLI support if you want to add a second GTX 460 in the future. For a multi GPU setup it would be more sensible to pick an ATI card as the AMD chipsets support only CrossFire.

I suggest getting a Seasonic / OCZ / Corsair 650W PSU if you're looking at a single card setup with the GTX 460. The 850W would be overkill.

The 790FX boards are also very good but I suggest sticking to the newer chipset as you'll have USB 3.0 support.

Also, for the CPU, I would urge you to look at the Phenom II X6 1055T.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-build-questions-mobo-guru-needed.153997/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok so i have built my now pc an now i am thinking of build a watercooling loop. I will be overclocking my i7 760. there are the parts(ps correct me plz if any of the parts are not compatibe) Im a complete nnoob at dis. I only want to cool the cpu:

XSPC BR525CL 5.25'' Single Bay Watercooling Reservoir - 20 pounds
Black Ice GT Stealth 240 Radiator - 33 "
Thermaltake P500 CL-W0132 pump - 23 "
Heatkiller CPU Waterblock - 30 "
OcUK Extreme Tubing PVC 13/10mm (3/8"ID - 3 pounds per 1 meter

I dont know which coolant i need to get so if any body can help me with that i would be very grateful(but it has to be Blue ) i also dont want to spend more then 120 pound(my utter most limit) Thanks everyone ! I hope to get a reply!!

A:Water cooling help needed

I will be overclocking my i7 760.Click to expand...

That'd be i5 760/ i7 920+.

I dont know which coolant i need to get so if any body can help me with that i would be very grateful(but it has to be Blue )Click to expand...

It'd most likely be water, its appearance will be dependant on the color of your tubes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/water-cooling-help-needed.153847/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi every body i building a new pc for my self cause i sold the other one to my friend
here are the parts. i am not going over my budget of 1100 pounds or 1300 euro

Product -------------------------- Pounds

EVGA GeForce GTX 470 - 246
Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHz - 157
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 - 150
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB - 48
WD Caviar Black 500GB - 50 (sata 6g/s for os)
Samsung 22x DVD±RW - 13
Titan Fenrir Evo CPUCooler - 36
12 inch cathode blue - 8
Evo Labs 800W ATX - 62
OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Gold - 65 (x2 dont know yet)
NZXT Crafted Series LEXA S - 64
Emprex 9051H Gaming Keyboard - 20
A4 X-748K gaming mouse - 18
Samsung B2230H 22 inch - 130

i have an os (windows profesional 64 bit)
so tell me what you think!!!
Nik11105

A:Another new PC help needed

Buy a better PSU, and drop down to a GTX 460 and an i7 750. Also consider getting an SSD instead of the WD HDD, unless you're going over budget because of it. And stick to 4GB of RAM; it's plenty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-new-pc-help-needed.153371/
Relevancy 21.93%

recently websites take long to load and sometimes time out nothing has really changed in terms of software and i believe it s a problem for another computer at my house as well i am connected via ethernet so it s not a wireless hardware issue and my internet connection doesn t drop when load/timing to Websites out long taking the websites time out and it s not firefox because when i ping via command prompt sometimes the pings time out i did a traceroute for google and a website i visit regularly and i noticed that the first trace times out in both occasions i m not really familiar with traceroute but i believe the first trace is to the router modem however i can ping the router modem fine and connect to the config via firefox i have also tried restarting the gateway and the problem still persists C Documents and Settings Administrator gt tracert google com Tracing route to google com over a maximum of hops Request timed out ms Websites taking long to load/timing out - - - lightspeed livnmi sbcglobal net ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Websites taking long to load/timing out ms ms ms ms ms iw-in-f e net Trace complete C Documents and Settings Administrator gt tracert nadota com Tracing route to nadota com over a maximum of hops Request Websites taking long to load/timing out timed out ms ms ms - - - lightspeed livnmi sbcglobal net ms ms ms ms ms ms Request timed out ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms xe- - - edge Chicago Level net ms ms ms vlan ebr Chicago Level net ms ms ms ae- - ebr Denver Level net ms ms ms ae- - ebr Denver Level net ms ms ms ae- - ebr Dallas Level net ms ms ms ae- - edge Dallas Level net ms ms ms RACKSPACE-M edge Dallas Level net ms ms ms vlan core dfw rackspace net ms ms ms ms ms ms - - - static slicehost net Trace complete C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Administrator gt tracert Tracing route to home over a maximum of hops lt ms lt ms lt ms home Trace complete if u need any other information please let me know thanks nbsp

Relevancy 22.36%

I was wondering if there are video cards that specialize in taking more load off the cpu than others. I have heard nvidia cards are better at this than ati. Any opinions?

A:Any specific GPU that takes more load off CPU?

If you think about it, graphics cards specialize and do all the graphics work, while the CPU will do everything else. It would be extremely inefficient for the CPU to try and process the GPU's load, and incredibly difficult to make it work vice versa.

There are physX cards, which really don't help a whole lot, are rare to find now, and were expensive.
NVidia cards also support using a GPU as a physX card.
Not very useful IMO,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-specific-gpu-that-takes-more-load-off-cpu.152656/
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings people! I am new to the forum but I have time visiting the site. I've been looking for my graphics card bios in the VGA BIOS Database mvktech, but its not there.

I Have Inno3d 9800GT 1024MB ddr3 graphics card. I need the original bios file. If anybody has the same vga please post the bios in this thread i will be very gratefull to you. More specific details are given below:

>> INNO3D 9800GT 1024MB BIOS

CUDA Cores: 112
Core clock: 600 MHz
Shader clock: 1500 MHz
Memory clock: 900 MHz (1800 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 256-bit
Memory: 1024 MB
Memory type: GDDR3
Video BIOS version: 62.92.24.00.00

Thanks

A:Inno3d 9800GT 1024MB BIOS needed

You don't need to change your bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inno3d-9800gt-1024mb-bios-needed.152550/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi, i have a fujitsu siemens laptop, model number MS2228. I can turn my laptop on and the screen to boot it up comes on (where it says f12 for setup), then that screen goes off, and then i am left with a black screen with a flashing dash. I have tried pressing f8 at the beggining to start a system restore, but this doesnt work and any other button i press it just beeps. My operating system is windows vista.

Please try and help me,

aneeka,

A:My laptop comes on but does not load

First things to check would be the operating system and the hard drive. You can try running chkdsk on the drive using the vista cd/dvd or try doing a repair from the vista install disc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-comes-on-but-does-not-load.152528/