Windows Support Forum

Keyboard and mouse problem

Q: Keyboard and mouse problem

mouse - sometimes it stops working so needed to unplug and pluged it again. why is this happening?

keyboard - its ps/2. theres 6 wires + 1 black right? (i mean in the tip). so the problem is one wire got cut off and stucked in the ps/2 connector in my cpu. so what can I do? can I still use my keyboard even though one wire cut off?( because whenever I plugged it in, the keyboard lights turns on just a second then off,no power).is there a way than I can still use it? thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Keyboard and mouse problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Keyboard and mouse problem

korialz said:

mouse - sometimes it stops working so needed to unplug and pluged it again. why is this happening?

keyboard - its ps/2. theres 6 wires + 1 black right? (i mean in the tip). so the problem is one wire got cut off and stucked in the ps/2 connector in my cpu. so what can I do? can I still use my keyboard even though one wire cut off?( because whenever I plugged it in, the keyboard lights turns on just a second then off,no power).is there a way than I can still use it? thanksClick to expand...

You mean the pin? If the pin has been damaged then you're screwed but you might be able to solder it back! I'd trash it and grab a USB keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-problem.173843/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, whenever I boot up my desktop, the keyboard and mouse go into a spasm phase and when I press control, it's shift, the buttons arrange differently, I've tried looking here before, but I haven't got any keyboard programs, and I just restored my whole computer.
So help me out here please, also whenever I press a button, it's like I pressed that button 10 times. Maybe I'm missing a driver for the mouse and keyboard?
Just help me out please.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Friends;:wave:

I have Problem with my Key Board and Mouse, past 1 month having this problem. Some times keyboard and mouse working at same time. some times keyboard alone work or mouse alone. so what problem it must be with? whether problem with mouse and Keyboard or what else? pls do provide me some solutions.​
With regards,
Arun.N

A:Keyboard and Mouse Problem

Wired or wireless?

Anything in Event Viewer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-problem.115092/
Relevancy 55.9%

a new problem of my brother:

his problem is when he connect both of his mouse and keyboard then both of these dosent work but when he connect only one of these then only one of these work..................so nay solution.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a pretty new Dell studio 15, about 2 months old. When I try to sign in neither the keyboard nor touchpad and buttons work. I have a mouse that I have to plug in and hit switch user. Then it reloads and the keyboard and touchpad work. But only barely. I can't type very fast because about every tenth key I try to press doesn't work and I have to either press really hard or press it several times. Also, the touchpad is really unresponsive and jumpy. I have like a 4 year warranty but I don't think anything is actually broken, because It did this about 3 weeks ago for 4-5 days, then it worked fine until about 4-5 days ago. Thanks for any help.

A:Keyboard/mouse problem

I'd say reload the driver, but need more info

there's 4 numbers for a Studio 15xx, either 35-36-37
Each one has a different version.
If you're not sure, post the service tag number found on the bottom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177226/keyboardmouse-problem/
Relevancy 55.9%

Does anyone know why my dell keyboard and mouse plugged into the ps/2 port would just rndomly stop working? I had to plug he mouse into the usb and i am typing his with the on-screen keyboard. Any help would be great.

A:Keyboard and mouse problem

Good Evening Chris, that sounds terrible, normally the mouse and keyboard should be detected during boot and a PS/2 system should not disappear.

As you are aware they do receive voltage from the M/B and generally have hidden miniature fuses in behind the actual PS/2 sockets. These are not really user replaceable.

I would be inclined to try your mouse and keyboard on another machine being very wary that they may have an inherent problem.
Conversely you might try a different keyboard and mouse on your machine.

You haven't got them plugged into the wrong sockets by any chance that used to be be a trap.

I would be inclined to consider trying a "Live linux system" to see what happens, but I suspect some problem on your M/B.
The live systems run exclusively from a CD so don't invade the machine, very good for analysis kinds of use.
There are some small live linux versions this Puppy is a typical mini system or Mepis or one of those would be an other alternative. http://www.puppylinux.org/user/viewpage.php?page_id=1
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-problem.464911/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me out. You see my mouse and keyboard keep freezing up on me and I dont know how to fix it.

A:keyboard and mouse problem

Hiya and welcome

Lets try a general cleanup first

Go to Tools | Internet Options. General tab. Under Delete Files, delete offline content. Also, clear the History.

Content tab, under AutoComplete, clear Forms and Passwords.

Advanced tab, under Browsing, look for Enable Insta on Demand. Untick.
Under Security, look for Empty Tempory Internet... Tick.
Apply and OK

Go to Find Files and type in cookie. When found, open the folder, and delete all the cookies found. You won't be able to delete the .dat file found.

For this, go here and get the Spider:
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=55214&highlight=Spider

Go to Run and type MSINFO32
On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Copy/paste the list here.

Also, go here and download AddAware http://tomcoyote.com/lsindex.html

Download and run, ensuring that Deep Registry scan is enabled. Remove all except any references to Web3000 or new.net. If you're unsure, copy/paste the list here.

Also, whilst you're there, download and install RefUpdate to get the latest updates. Just click Connect.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-problem.90107/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I have a strange problem that started last night After restarting my keyboard Mouse Problem And Keyboard and mouse wouldn t work I thought it was just the wireless mouse and keyboard acting up so I hooked up a PS keyboard and mouse and they don t work either They do work on my brothers computer so it isn t them It does work for me to enter to select safe mode but once it gets to the screen where I have to click the admin account they don t work They show up as working correctly in the device manager but they won t work The mouse cursor just stays in the middle Keyboard And Mouse Problem of the screen I was able to use the mouse from my tablet at first My cousin went into the Keyboard And Mouse Problem system configuration utility to change the startup to see if that would work Now when my computer starts up it wants me to click to return to normal startup and I can t Now the tablet mouse won t work because the driver doesn t load So I m basically stuck My cousin left his keyboard so I could connect to the internet to try to find out what s wrong XP SP gig memory Asus A V Motherboard Any help is appreciated at all Thank you

A:Keyboard And Mouse Problem

Since you say the problem cropped up last night i would suggest you do a system restore. Got me out of a pickle a few times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90389/keyboard-and-mouse-problem/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all.....

I have the Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 1.0A and the Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 set.

I have all the updated drivers. I tried plugging them into the USBs and the typical ports. My problem is i get serious delay. It doesn't happen all the time. Just occasionally and enough to annoy me. For instance I will type and all of a sudden a button will repeat. The keys aren't stuck. The mouse will also stop responding. This happens much like lag on the internet. If you can understand my meaning. Aside from reinstalling the drivers and switching the ports I have no clue what to do. Please help.

Thanks in advance
RDGM

AMD Athlon XP 3200
1GB DDR Ram
80 GB WD HDD
MSI Mainboard
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 8x AGP 256MB

A:Mouse and Keyboard Problem

are the batteries new? if they are, try to re-establish the KB, mouse & receiver signal. there should be a reset switch on these items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-problem.448730/
Relevancy 55.9%

Because I was having Problem Mouse/Keyboard a few problems I re-installed WindowsXP onto a newly formatted disk earlier this week At the time I installed it I was using my son s USB mouse Having re-installed successfully and applied every Microsoft update necessary things Mouse/Keyboard Problem seemed fine Later in the day I replaced the USB mouse with my original non-USB PS mouse and after detecting the new mouse and auto-installing the drivers the mouse refused to work I replaced the non-USB mouse with the USB mouse and that wouldn t work either I them removed the USB drivers for the mouse and re-booted following which not only would neither mouse work but also the keyboard failed to operate while in windows Incidentally the PS mouse works fine on my son s PC and doesn t seem to be faulty To cut to the next part of the story I decided to try and repair the windows installation because I thought the registry had become corrupted The keyboard worked OK while I tried to do a repair installation of WindowsXP but both mice refused to work at all Also while WindowsXP was re-installing it got stuck in a never ending loop of WindowsXP partially installing for a couple of minutes and re-booting back to the start of the same proceedure Eventually I decided to reformat the drive and start again I also decided to remove every card from my motherboard and re-seat them just in case Now I have re-installed Windows XP on a reformatted drive - using the USB mouse - and everything seems to be working OK I d like to switch back to my non-USB mouse but am scared of starting the whole mess off again So my questions are - does anyone have a clue why the installation of a PS mouse would cause the problems above - why wouldn t any mouse work - even when the PC has been booted from a WindowsXP installation disk - is the same thing likely to happen again if I plug my PS mouse in again - are there any precautions I can take before plugging in my PS mouse to avoid another total re-build I d appreciate any answers that can be suggested Paul nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

What would cause the computer to show no keyboard or mouse?
Even when I restarted the computer the same message returns. I have tried to switch the keyboard and the mouse and still have the same problem.

A:keyboard and mouse problem

ps2 port might be bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-problem.58294/
Relevancy 55.9%

My usb keyboard and mouse wont work on my computer. When I plug them into any of the usb ports the mouse wont move and the keyboard is dead. The ports cant be bad because my thumb drive works in any of the ports. The mouse and keyboard work on my other computer so I donít think they could be bad.

A:USB keyboard and mouse problem

it could be that in your BIOS settings the USB keyboard/Mouse support is set to disable witch is usury the default settings.
In most BIOS screens the keyboard and mouse settings will be in the 'Integrated Peripherals' or the 'Advanced BIOS Settings'.
Enable these settings and you should be able to use them fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-keyboard-and-mouse-problem.655843/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone This is my first post here I am experiencing problems with my mouse and keyboard I hope you guys can help me out Here s the problem with the mouse and keyboard and with mouse keyboard Problem I can move my cursor I can left and right click it normally the problem is while on my desktop I don t know why but it keeps on highlighting the My Computer icon and it s located on the upper left corner of my screen Problem with mouse and keyboard also when I open my browser when i scroll down it automatically goes back up I can t look the bottom part of any website because of this the wheel works though when I click it I can go to the bottom smoothly and can go back up Also when I type web address in the address bar it s jerking and it s running like crazy For example if I type fb it keeps on running up and down to the pages with f and b It s getting annoying Also when I m playing games when there are choices my mouse basically points on choice and stays there I can move it but it just goes back there I can t choose anything because of this This happens in Windows Explorer too When I m in control panel devices and printers I can t choose properly because all of them are highlighted when Problem with mouse and keyboard I click on the keyboard the mouse opens up instead because they are all highlighted and I have to fight for it Also when I try to type in the search bar in control panel for example if I type troubleshoot instead of this the letters get reversed like this toohselbuort I m running Windows Ultimate -bit HP laptop the built-in keyboard on the laptop is not working that s why I m using a USB keyboard the built-in mouse is working but I m using USB mouse for gaming My mouse is Genius Net Scroll My keyboard is A TECH Edit BTW now it s working fine I logged it off during the night and opened it back today and it s working fine but it may come back again It gets annoying and it s freaking me out completely Please someone help me Thank you nbsp

A:Problem with mouse and keyboard

check the settings in the mouse software

the setting to move the mouse pointer to that location so you always know where it is,is probably set

just change it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-mouse-and-keyboard.1097730/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I have downloaded from Microsoft my keyboard/mouse installs, since when starting computer Win7, it tells me my software for such is invalid to uninstall old, etc. However when going to Programs & trying to uninstall such items, it tells me I can't. I am the Admin, and just don't understand what to do, Please Help!

A:Keyboard/Mouse problem

What exactly did you download from Microsoft?

Does the keyboard and mouse require drivers from the manufacturer?

If the keyboard and mouse a HID compliant you would uninstall the drivers in the Device Manager.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525908/keyboardmouse-problem/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok i bought a computer second hand a little while back and it has worked fine until now.
Whenever i turn on the computer it loads up until normal until it comes to the user selection screen thing on xp. Then after about three seconds with no problems the cursor turns unresponsive and doesn't move and the keyboard does the same. I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem,software problem or any other problem. It might be the computer crashing in some way but I'm totally in the dark about what's happening any help greatly appreciated thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-problem.655005/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a one year old Dell Inspiron desktop - AMD Phenom II X GHz MB ATIRadeon HD Mb Running Windows XP Pro gig RAM HD All factory stuff I ordered it with a wireless keyboard and mouse The mouse and keyboard have had intermittent problems from the beginning but I have just put up with it since the problems didn t show up all the time However this has become worse over the past year Problem Keyboard I ll be typing away and all of a sudden notice that no characters are showing up on the monitor I wait a few seconds and type again and maybe one character will show up out of the five or so that I type Sometimes I l type a letter and get double characters or the characters show up way after I stopped typing The doesn t happen all the time just once in a while and it doesn t make any difference if I m typeing an email or a Word document and whatever Problem The mouse will keyboard with mouse and Problem be working fine then all of a sudden the mouse pointer will jump to the top or side or bottom of the screen Sometimes when I left click once on something like a file name just to highlight it the mouse will open the document instead of just highlighting it Sometime it works just fine I make sure the batteries in the keyboard and mouse are always pretty new but that doesn t help I have also went into the control panel and clicke the Mouse icon and slowed down the double-clicking but still no Problem with mouse and keyboard help Any ideas what I might try Thanks nbsp

A:Problem with mouse and keyboard

usually caused by interference from lights,router,modem list is endless , can you change channel ?does it have that option

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-mouse-and-keyboard.977178/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have just bought a new USB Keyboard & Mouse as our old Keyboard was PS/2 was packing up. I have followed the instructions that came with the Keyboard & Mouse (both made by Microsoft) and installed the drivers first, and then connected the devices after a reboot, but Windows did not recognise them. I tried to reboot the computer, (with them connected), but again Windows did not recognise them.

After trying all of this, i connected them via the USB - PS/2 Connectors supplied and they worked first time. They are currently connected via USB in the two USB ports on the front of the PC as they will not work on the ports on the rear.

My PC Specs are as follows:
Intel Pentium D 820 2.8Ghz,
2GB RAM
Windows XP Pro, SP3
Asus P5P800VM Motherboard.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Relevancy 55.9%

alright well one day i restarted my computer and it came up with this quot missing or corrupt file windows system config system quot My computer said running a Mouse/Keyboard seriously :/ help need problem. repair was necessary So i whipped out my OS DVD and started repairing So about of the way through of quot installing windows quot it came up with the window saying something along the lines of your graphics card driver for your nvidia geforce hasnt been tested for windows xp would you like to contine but here s the kicker i cant click anything because my usb doesnt appear to be working Mouse/Keyboard problem. seriously need help :/ I have an xps from dell couple years old you know my graphics card but i need to know someway of clicking the quot yes quot button but without a keyboard or mouse or anything usb also my computer doesnt have the slot for the old mouses Like the little purple plug thing and i dont have a slot for a keyboard either any ideas This just isnt my day if you could help me that would be awsomee alright well thanks -Vennom nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Everyone,

I launched a game today but when the menu appeared the mouse was blocked in the middle of the screen and i could not move it , so i thought its just a normal problem and it's gonna be fixed . Then i tried to delete a file with Shift + Delete and it didn't worked , so some of the action keys are not working ,so if somebody can help i would really appreciate it .

Thank You
Endrit.

A:Mouse And Keyboard Problem

Press and hold the power switch for about 5 seconds and the system should shutdown. Then reboot and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/181317-mouse-keyboard-problem.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Okay So here s the problem Recently I was playing WoW when my mouse all of Mouse and Problem Keyboard a sudden stopped working a few nights ago I unplugged Mouse and Keyboard Problem and plugged it back in and it worked fine Mouse and Keyboard Problem But It was moving arond kind of laggily I shrugged it off and went to bed The next day I woke up and turned it on the mouse was moving around very laggily so I restarted unplugged it and then plugged it back in None of the two worked and then it said somthing about the USB malfunctioning and that the device wasn t reconginized So I restarted again and the same thing happened THEN I did what I did last time in order to fix it which was - Step Turn off computer and unplug the usb mouse amp keyboard and unplug the computer Step Hold in the power button for seconds Step Turn the computer back on And so I did that about times trying to fix it and it failed to work The last time I went to turn it on which was on the same day It loaded up and the mouse and keyboard still failed to work and then after about - minutes the screen bluescrens with - STOP x E xC x xAF E C X Now I have a feeling why that might of happened You seee recently I Restored to factory defaults And I have this thing called quot Sonic quot It s not a virus And it does this windows installer thing and what not and it goes through about of them It never installs either because of somthing not being found but i ve restored to factory defaults before and the same thing happened with sonic I ve deleted it before and it did not bluescreen But I think it can still be a possibility So I restarted again and noticed that the lights for the keyboard were on somewhat The main thing that I need help with though is my mouse and keyboard becasue I think I know how to fix the error What I have tried - Tried using different USB slots Tried restarting Tried the step plan I mentioned earlier on in the post I doubt it s a problem with the mouse keyboard But I m still not sure Thanks in advance I hope one of you can help me D The computer is a Dell XPS and I ve had it since ish I m using windows XP nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Suddenly, a computer that was working fine (just after complete clean re-install) will not work with a standard PS2 KB & mouse plugged in. I can use a PS2 KB with a USB mouse but plugging in a PS2 mouse results in a glacially slow (15-20) minute POST and boot. The KB worka (sort of) but only accepts ONE key press every 5-15 minutes. The PS2 mouse stays frozen at all times. This happened suddenly from one boot to the next and there is nothing obvious in BIOS. (I tried clearing CMOS and resetting it but it made no difference.) The KB & mouse work fine on other boxes and substitute KBs and mice have same problem on this box. Suggestions?

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a dell computer with vista,2 gigs ram,and 2.2 gig processor?

My computer boots up to enter the password and my keyboard or mouse doesn't respond.(the keyboard is bluetooth and synced and the mouse is usb)

please help me i'm clueless

(need anymore info just ask. {im using a xp computer right now})

Solved solved press f8 during startup duh!

A:Keyboard and mouse problem

Try using a normal keyboard to see if that works, fill out your system spec so we can help you more.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223998-keyboard-mouse-problem.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Guyz, I really need a help. Ive accidentally ran a .vbs file that I found for Windows 7 that edits the registry to hide desktop icons. And now, I suddenly cant use my mouse nor my keyboard whenever i login. While inside DOS, Startup Repair, the mouse and keyboard can be use.

Basically, once it logs in, I cant do anything as my mouse and keyboard both could not be use. Below are the content of the vbs file:

Code:
Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001

strComputer = "."
Set objRegistry = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")

strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced"

strValueName = "HideIcons"
dwValue = 1
objRegistry.SetDWORDValue HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath, strValueName, dwValue

A:Mouse Keyboard Problem

I'd try booting to safe mode and see if it still does the same thing. Other than that I'd try running a system restore to a time previous to this happening.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/mouse-keyboard-problem-676557.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi!
Can anyone help me with the keyboard&mouse problem.I am using trendnet tk-208k to switch 2pc using one monitor.When i click internet explorer i get the properties of the internet(mouse problem).when i type:f go into(file);e go into(edit)....etc.How do i fix this problems?THANKS SO MUCH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-keyboard-and-mouse.707740/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I m having a problem with both my keyboard and my mouse I have Windows Vista Home Premium bit with a AMD Athlon keyboard and with Problem my mouse my tm X GHz processor and GB RAM The problem with my keyboard is that every time I start the Problem with my mouse and my keyboard computer the num lock starts but then when I have logged in it s quot starts again quot which means it s turns of It s just annoying because I always have to put it on Problem with my mouse and my keyboard quot manually quot every time I start the computer I think it is because I have a software for my keyboard and maybe both my software and operating system starts num lock which results in that it first turn on and then turn off I have a quot Logitech G quot the older version of keyboard but the newest driver software if thats any help This is how it s looks The problem with my mouse is that every time I set the speed it s resets when i turn the computer off So if I set it it works until I restart the computer and then it s the same as before I changed it I do actually change it on the buttons on the mouse so it could be that which is the problem but even if I change it in the controllpanel it changes My mouse is a quot Logitech MX quot and this is how it s looks I am hoping that someone could help me with at least one of the problems Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problem with my mouse and my keyboard

Have you installed the Logitech software for these devices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-my-mouse-and-my-keyboard.765959/
Relevancy 55.9%

I need some help! I can't get my mouse or my keyboard to work (in any way, including function keys during bootup) I have tried other keyboards and a mouse and the problem is clearly with the computer. I'm guessing one of my four kids erased the driver software, but I don't know how to do a system recovery or download new drivers, or anything else when I have no keyboard and no mouse function to allow me to control the computer. I need this computer to do a grad school assignment and am desperate for some help. THanks!

A:How do I fix problem with no mouse or keyboard?

Hello ssmr,
Try and unplug the keyboard and mouse and then reboot, plug them back in, put them in different usb sockets and if necessary reboot, your system should load new drivers when you reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/257017-how-do-i-fix-problem-no-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Everyone!
I have P4 system. And Windows xp installed.
The problem is, on browsing internet after 2 hours the computer
becomes stop with no mouse movement.
When It hits CTRL+ALT+Delete then it works well... but after few
moments Mouse/keyboard becomes stable and also the whole operating system stops responding...
The only way for me at that time is to hit restart button of the pc. Then again works. and problem repeats after some time..

Please tells me its a software or hardware problem..
I have installed the Windows XP SP2 and SP1 one by one by formating C drive
but the problem exist...

A:Mouse/ Keyboard or System problem?

It could be heat. Make sure your pc is free of dust and that all fans are working properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-keyboard-or-system-problem.90096/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I wants to resolve a months old problem on my pc The problem is that PS keyboard and Mouse stops responding to minutes after starting windows While all other programs and songs works PS2 Mouse problem Keyboard+ resolve Need to Help continuesly But when I types Alt Ctrl Delete after minute then again keyboard and mouse works well but for just to minuts it hangs again Please tells me what I should do I already have done these things to solve this problem but without success Format C and install winxp sp Remove every PC components and then replace after cleaning Installed and checked for Viruses Kaspersky Updated BitDefender v updated But another important thing that is by Need Help to resolve PS2 Keyboard+ Mouse problem checking drive c from cmd it shows that there is a kb in bad sectors Then I set the parameters on cmd chkdsk r to shedule on restart After restarting it checked disk for recovery On completion it stops for a huge time I need tech supporters to resolve this problem Thanks System Specs Computer Age years Computer Location Home PC ASUS Intel Chipset motherboard with onboard mb graphics Intel Celeron GHz gb IDE Seagate Harddisk MB Ram DDR I will replace this pc with an new one after months This time I just using it for my exams for months MS word Internet documentations Printing nbsp

A:Need Help to resolve PS2 Keyboard+ Mouse problem

Have you checked that all the fans are running, vents are clear and no overheating?
Download everest.exe from www.majorgeeks.com and use this to check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-resolve-ps2-keyboard-mouse-problem.97138/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys I'm having a problem with my mouse and keyboard in windows mouse and Weird keyboard problem with I've been running W for nearly a month now without ever experiencing this problem Weird problem with mouse and keyboard Just recently during a - hour long gaming session my game closed down without an error message and suddenly everything went haywire My keyboard acted Weird problem with mouse and keyboard incredibly strange and so did my mouse An example would be that all my numeric keys turned into their shift number counterparts and my caps locks was off when the led glowed green When I tried to start a program using the left-mouse click it highlighted several programs and upon double-clicking instead of running I recieved the properties of the program instead So far in attempt to fix this I've tried the following Twinkering with the keyboard and mouse settings Twinkering with accessibility options Uninstalling and installing the default ps and mouse drivers With no success Does anybody know what could be wrong or how I could solve this Thanks beforehand

A:Weird problem with mouse and keyboard

Have you tested a different keyboard and or mouse?
make sure they are plugged into the correct plug.
unplug the keyboard, move outside, gently tap on one corner,
how much crud falls out...
1. it simply might need cleaned.
Blow and see if any lint appears, (see #1).
check for frays.. the cable might be going bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25487-weird-problem-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My first thread so please be patient with me.

I have a problem with my mouse that freezes.
It mainly happens if I switch the computer power off from the socket in the wall or there is a power cut. If I switch on my computer and press any key my mouse freezes. The only way out of this is to again reboot and then delete Microsoft intellitype Pro5.2 and Intellipiont 5.2 from my computer and then again reboot.
If at a later time I get the same problem I then reboot and reload the two micosoft problems.
This problem can sometimes happen without the loss of power.

Baldrickk

A:Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Problem

Generally you should use the power button on the computer to shut down
The power button signals the motherboard that it is ready to shut down and Windows begins a series of steps to ensure that it is done correctly.
I will do things like save anything that is open.
If it doesnt know where to save something it will ask you.
It also take anything in its own memory and assure that it is safely on the HDD.

Just turning it off at the wall is the same as a power outage and important data could be lost.
I cant say for certain that this is your issue but it is possible that the driver settings arent being fully saved due to improper shut down and thus causing an issue.

On a side note I use a intellipoint mouse and never load the software for it.
When Windows starts it creates the mouse driver and works fine.

Im not certain what the intellitype software does exactly but I am using a MS keyboard with no additional software.
Perhaps your keyboard has extra keys or multimedia buttons on it but if not try to not use any software and see how it goes.

Over the years I have found that it is best to let windows decide what is best for it and not load any extra programs or drivers unless necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-keyboard-and-mouse-problem-435633.html
Relevancy 55.04%

mobo MSI K N NEO Mouse Problem Build: & New Keyboard -F cpu AMD Athlon keyboard mouse Logitech Internet Desktop Pro Black PS power supply watts pre-installed in casing Im building a new computer and assembling all the new stuffs that i brought Everything works fine except the keyboard and mouse issue Here s the problem After a couple of secs or minutes depending how long the system have been shutdown The keyboard and mouse freezes mouse starts to New Build: Keyboard & Mouse Problem move erratic and also the num caps scroll lock in keyboard gets slow to respond when you press it and finally both PS devices freezes Even in BIOS i notice the keyboard will freeze in secs or minutes And sometimes it can t even detect the keyboard at all at start-up My conclusions is New Build: Keyboard & Mouse Problem that its kinda grounded i disassembled everything and layed out the motherboard on a cardboard attached all the wires and everything that is needed System went fine i even waited like mins run dmark and problem never occured again But at a time i put all things back together inside the casing the same problem occured again Keyboard and Mouse are really unstable Luckily i made it to installing Windows XP SP and all the drivers needed in my build It still works using USB keyboard mouse i already tried attaching other mouse keyboard to the PS ports the same problem occured still Im already annoyed shutting down the system again and again to activate the mouse keyboard for just a short time -Can it be grounded to the casing -At first i thought problem is the motherboard itself but how come it work fine when i layed it all without the case -Can the front panel I O connectors be responsible -Is the plate that comes with the motherboard to be attached in the casing can be grounded -How do u know if its grounded or not Hope you can help me guys nbsp

A:New Build: Keyboard & Mouse Problem

Okay i've done the pc surgery again, remove all the things inside the casing and layed it all on the cardboard, this time it gotten worst. keyboard and mouse won't detect at all. so i decided to blame the motherboard and went to the computer shop where i brought it. i got the motherboard with memory & processor attached, videocard, and the harddisk.... only to find out that everything was working well, including the PS/2 port! now what did i missed? now i'm blaming the power supply, cause its the only thing that were left and untested. as i'm typing this post now, im using my Logitec Internet Pro Desktop Black, Keyboard & Mouse PS/2 in the office with no problems at all!

There's nothing left to be blame but the power supply...Is it possible for it to cause such erratic/unstable PS/2 port connection? I also notice it once while im testing, after the keyboard and mouse hanged up, i heard a tiny clicking inside the PSU then the entire system shut down itself, but i didn't mind that. This is a generic 450 watts that is included in the casing that i brought. So what do you think guys?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-keyboard-mouse-problem.43203/
Relevancy 55.04%

On so since about weeks ago ive been experiencing Weird Keyboard Mouse with problem and weird occurrences with my mouse and keyboard From time to time the hardware acts weird but turning off windows and on again helps with it for abit but then come backs it comes on and goes Weird problem with Mouse and Keyboard away Weird problem with Mouse and Keyboard roughly once a hour for minutes What happens on keyboard is the delete key doesn't work or doesn't type anything what ever i click on the keyboard or the letter for example instead A does an A with a line above it Or the mouse when it happens the left click sometime double clicks or when click on link to just switch on it open the link in a new window or right button does nothing I was using this mouse for months and the keyboard for years and months with both no Weird problem with Mouse and Keyboard such problems before The mouse is Logitech G Proteus Spectrum RGB and the keyboard is Corsair K So far i used C Cleaner to turn off start up programs and delete some registry also used Malware Anit-Bytes is deleted some files but still occurs also adwcleaner it deleted files but still same and i also tried JRT and nothing still same errors occur I didnt have such problems before the Windows Updates but then it was fine weeks with them updates I would appreciate responds primary on my email ms gmail com or if you really can't do the email respond here

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399451-weird-problem-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello SF Members!

Now, I'm back from long holiday, and have to ask something and have problem.
Like title say : I can't use keyboard and mouse in BIOS.

That problem start some days ago. Before this there wasn't any problem, all worked very well. But yesterday, when I entered in BIOS, mouse cursor is at bottom, and can't move it, and keyboard don't work (I can use mouse and keyboard in BIOS)...

How to fix that problem ?

Motherboard is ASUS P8H61-M LX2.

Thanks in advance.
Trinty

A:{PROBLEM} I can't use keyboard and mouse in BIOS

The first thing I would try is a CLRTC or hard reset.

Legacy CLRTC Procedure
Note all your current BIOS settings
Shut down the computer > remove the power cord.
Remove the 3v battery.
Move the CLRTC jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3.
Touch a metal part of the case and Press and Hold the reset button for approx. 30 seconds to discharge all power from the board.
Put the CLRTC jumper back on pins 1-2.
Replace the 3v battery > replace the power cord > boot.
Immediately go back into BIOS and reset all your preferred settings. If the CLRTC worked you will need to reset the date and time.
From your motherboard's web page, it seems we don't need to remove the battery anymore. YMMV.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/262899-problem-i-cant-use-keyboard-mouse-bios.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys, I am having major problems with my Laptop and was hoping someone might be able to help me as I can't find a solution anywhere. Its a Advent 7105 about 18 months old running on Windows XP and has worked pretty well apart from the occasional freeze until all of a sudden it completely froze (it seemed pretty hot) with the mouse in the centre of the screen and all of the keys totally frozen. I tried rebooting via the power button and windows loaded up fine but the mouse and all of the keys remained frozen. I have tried multiple further reboots but the problem remains. Even before windows loads all of the keys are frozen so I can't access safe mode or set-up etc. I have tried taking the battery out and the like but to no avail.

Any Ideas?
Help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Strange Keyboard and Mouse problem

Could be dirt and crud and you can try sucking out whatever possible from the vents underneath...but do not go inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-keyboard-and-mouse-problem.699836/
Relevancy 55.04%

I ve got two PCs connected to single monitor keyboard and mouse via a KVM switch My keyboard is a Logitech G USB wired Gaming Keyboard My mouse is a Logitech Invisible Wireless mouse My problem is that often when connected mouse KVM and switch with the Problem with keyboard to the Problem with the keyboard and mouse with KVM switch KVM switch all inputs Problem with the keyboard and mouse with KVM switch and outputs work except the keyboard and the mouse The port indicator selector light which normally is ON steady is now flashing This is my second Airlink KVM switch and I tried them also with an IOGear KVM Switch Model GCS U There is nothing wrong with the mouse or the keyboard because when connected directly to either PC they work My question is Is there a compatibility issue with certain keyboard and mouse models when used with KVM switches by this I mean that some keyboards particularly gaming keyboards and mice may require more power and the KVM USB circuit has power limitation At present I am left switching the keyboard and the mouse USBs directly to the PC I wish to use nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi

XP Pro
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-81945G Pro

The Keyboard and Mouse are unresponsive at logon.

The keyboard works when i turn the machine on, as i am able to enter the BIOS.
USB Keyboard & Mouse is enabled in BIOS

This is happening with PS2 or USB Keyboard & mouse.

I have tried two different Keyboards/Mouse.

This happens in safe mode as well.

Please help, as this is driving me round the bend!!

Thanks

A:Keyboard, mouse problem at Logon

Connect the PS2 mouse/keyboard and reset the CMOS (remove the battery for 5 minutes) and see if it recognizes the keyboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-mouse-problem-at-logon-264043.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have just bought a packard bell cordless keyboard and mouse but am having problems.

When I inserted the batteries in the keyboard and mouse no light came on eithier-should it? - for example should the mouse optical light come on?

when I plugged the receiver in that light came on but when I tried to use the mouse or keyboard nothing happens. I installed the disc which came with the keyboard and mouse.

I have tried the receiver close and far away from the mouse and keyboard but nothing happens

would someone be able to help me please?

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Logitech trackman wheel mouse and a HP Internet/Multimedia keyboard, they worked fine when using Windows 98 but I started having problems with them after I installed Windows XP. I also had a new motherboard installed when I had Win XP installed, so if that has anything to do with it please tell me. The problem is that when I try to load the software for the keyboard and the mouse, a sign always pops up saying that this software won't work on this computer. I still have the basic functions of both the mouse and the keyboard, but without installing the software I can't program and use the buttons on the keyboard or the middle button on the mouse. Is there a way to edit the registry to fix this, or something that I can download? PLEASE HELP.

Relevancy 55.04%

i bought the gyration mouse and keyboard combo the 30ft RF and it was working fine but when i powered off my pc and back on it would only learn one device at a time does anyone have this device or know how to fix it??

i hate to RMA it was working great for 30 minutes

A:Gyration keyboard and GT mouse problem

humm guess no one has this or heard of it or just ignoring me

oh well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gyration-keyboard-and-gt-mouse-problem.266279/
Relevancy 55.04%

Before I start sorry for my english.My problem is about mouse and keyboard.My mouse is freezing 2-3 second in every minute and my keyboard going off like in 10 min.And finally in 30 min keyboard and mouse go offline,and need to restart.I tried to update drivers,format my pc,and buy a new Motherboard,buy a new mouse nothing changes.Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-and-keyboard-freeze-problem.218913/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell Dimension 9100 that uses only USB, it has no PS/2 connections. However, when I get to the login screen, the keyboard and mouse don't work (I figure because drivers aren't installed yet). The keyboard works fine to get into BIOS, advance start-up, etc., but not at the account selection screen.

Anyone have any idea as to how I can get either the keyboard or mouse to work. If I can just get into Windows, I'll be fine.

Thanks in advance.

A:USB Keyboard/Mouse Driver Problem

Hi fuwath, Fortunately I have fixed this problem alot lately lol. So your in luck. Now I'm not saying that it will necessarily be easy but since your using a Dell computer it might be. Heres how this problem has been resolved on your particular computer. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

1). Unplug the computer and disconnect all devices.

2). Press and hold power button for 10 seconds to drain the capacitor to prevent electrical shock.

3). Open computer case and locate the 3 pin jumper block (located next to the 4 SATA harddrive connection points on the motherboard). The jumper is blue and will be connected to two of the three pins on the motherboard.

4). Remove the jumper block for a second (apparently this clears the memory?) then reconnect it back to it's original postion.

5).Close it up and reboot and that should do it!

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the quick tools option located at the top of this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-keyboard-mouse-driver-problem-508706.html
Relevancy 55.04%

When boot my PC running Windows 7 I find that the PC will not respond to either the keyboard or the mouse. I have started it in Safe mode and I am able to use the keyboard to select Safe mode from the menu. However when the computer finishes booting in safe mode the keyboard and mouse do not work.
Is this a software problem or a hardware fault? Is threre anything I can do apart from re-installing Windows? I don't want to do this unless I have to, because I don't want to lose the data on my disk.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys,

Firstly hello, how are you?
Basically, I've been running a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop with XP Media Centre Edition for around 2 1/2 years now and I've never had a single problem. However, I recently went away for a week and came back to discover that when I turned on the laptop there was a weird lag in the keys and touchpad as well as the DVD drive no longer being recognised.

The lag can best be described as skipping, and if I type too fast, some keys aren't recognised or they put the letters in the wrong order.

I've tried plugging in USB mice and keyboards and both have worked perfectly.

I really don't know what could have caused this as I neither installed any programs before or after my holiday. Any help on this would be really appreciated, thanks!

Relevancy 55.04%

Could anyone possibley find me the drivers for MS wireless keyboard and mouse 700 v2.0. Win7 seems not able to locate them for some very peculiar reason however if i could find them myself i'm sure i could solve my issue. Not being lazy, i've honestly looked just about everywhere and can't locate these models which btw come together in a pack without however a driver disc. Thanks so much, Max.

Relevancy 55.04%

Installed Windows XP x64 edition on a gigabyte m/board with an intell core2 duo processer. All was well, then i put in drivers cd for chipset and after 1st reboot keyboard and moue don't work and i can't log in. theres only usb outputs on motherboard for keyboard and mouse. ive tried reseting with and without the drivers cd in the pc.
Please help
thank u

A:Windows xp X64 Keyboard & mouse problem

Reset the motherboard (follow instructions in the manual for shorting the jumpers) and reboot. In the bios, make sure you have USB legacy devices enabled as I think this is what is causing the USB ports to ignore your k/brd and mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-x64-keyboard-mouse-problem.90226/
Relevancy 55.04%

heeeeeelllllppppppp

hi i wonder if you can help, im trying to install reinstall xp on my computer, i go to my bios and set to boot from cdrom (by setting it to the top of the boot order).

when i restart my computer the monitor and keyboard don't work.

iv taken my battery out and waiting for it to reset my bios.

im just wondering how i set to cdrom to install xp without it turning my monitor and keyboard off

please help

mike judge

A:Mouse and Keyboard problem during XP Install

Hey Mike welcome!

Did you turn off your keyboard and mouse or did they turn themselves off? Can you provide some computer specs like make, model, memory, hard drive, video card and operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-and-keyboard-problem-during-xp-install.92396/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a HP Presario C laptop OS Win Home problem a I have keyboard with a mouse and wireless bit I have been running a wireless Ihome full keyboard with side number pad and mouse for a I have a problem with a wireless keyboard and mouse little under a year The wireless keyboard and mouse did worked fine Then one day the wireless mouse stopped working The wireless keyboard keep on working I though the mouse died So I was running an other wireless mouse mouse only and the laptop's built in keyboard until I got my next pay check Today I got a new same model wireless keyboard and mouse combo This new keyboard and mouse are doing the same thing The keyboard works but the mouse doesn't work I unplugged the USB receiver and plugged the USB receiver into a dif laptop and both the keyboard and mouse work in the other laptop Why is the wireless mouse that is pared up with the wireless keyboard not working in the Presario C laptop I need to fix this asap There are certain prog's that won't run without the extended keyboard and number pad How do I fix this There must be a cliche somewere in the operating system Steve

A:I have a problem with a wireless keyboard and mouse

Hi Steve,
open device manager, do you have any marked with either a small black down arrow or an !
if so post a screenshot.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397979-i-have-problem-wireless-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I ve had a problem recently with my bluetooth keyboard and mouse I recently reformatted my PC and it is since then that I Problem and Keyboard Mouse Bluetooth have had problems The problem is that if I have left my computer on for a while usually hour often after a screensaver has been running in other words I generally can t exit the screensaver and have to press and hold the power button in order to switch the computer off When I switch the computer back on again everything works as normal I am not quite sure what has caused Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Problem this but I am almost certain that it is nothing to do with the batteries in my keyboard or mouse I also don t think it is anything to do with the bluetooth adapter because the light on it keeps flashing indicating that it is turned on How can I fix this problem Thanks in advance Below I have listed my system specification System Specification--- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Windows XP Build Service Pack Internet Explorer Memory RAM MB CPU Info Intel R Core TM Quad CPU GHz CPU Speed MHz Sound card Realtek HD Audio output Display Adapters NVIDIA GeForce GT NetMeeting driver RDPDD Chained DD Screen Resolution X - bit Network Network Present Network Adapters NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport CD DVD Drives D ASUS DRW- BL F COM Ports COM COM LPT Ports LPT Mouse Button Wheel Mouse Present Hard Disks C GB E GB Hard Disks - Free C GB E GB USB Controllers host controllers Firewire Not Detected PCMCIA Laptops Not Installed Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc Product Make To Be Filled By O E M AC Power Status OnLine BIOS Info AT AT COMPATIBLE A M I - Time Zone GMT Standard Time Battery No Battery Motherboard CoreDual-SATA Modem Nokia Phone Bluetooth Modem nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all. I got a new logitech mouse and keyboard and a linksys kvm switch. I installed the mouse and keyboard works fine then i hooked it up to kvm switch restart computer when windows XP loads up it sees my mouse as being a generic logitech mouse(cause my mouse is going into the kvm switch) so then it installs those drivers so then i can't use the Back and Forward buttons on the side of my mouse(8 button mouse).

This is really annoying cause my 2nd computer is running Windows 2k and i have no problems. Also my new keyboard for some reason if i try to ALT-F4 a Internet Explorer window it shows a little message on the bottom saying "contains commands for working with the selected items" and doesn't close the window. I use ALT-F4 quite a bit and need this to work. Any ideas?

A:Mouse/Keyboard Problem With KVM Switch

Does your keyboard have an f-lock button? Some of the new ones do and the f keys do not work unless it is on.

Your KVM may not be compatible with your mouse, not an unusal problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-keyboard-problem-with-kvm-switch.293395/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there, i am posting this request on behalf of a friend who is having a problem with his PC.

When he boots up to his desktop his USB mouse & keyboard do not work, the modem USB light is flashing red all the time.

During the boot up process his keyboard does work as he is able to access the Safe Mode screen, i got him to reboot under 'Last good configuration' but this still did not work.

At the initial boot up sequence, the keyboard and Mouse initially 'Light Up' but once they get to his desktop they are no longer working.

I am told he has not updated or installed anything recently...

Any idea's what may be causing this....?

I'm grateful for your help

Many Thanks

A:Keyboard Modem & Mouse USB problem

He is not using a USB hub and i have got him to try different USB ports still without any luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-modem-mouse-usb-problem.777841/
Relevancy 55.04%

I've read this is a common problem, but nothing has lead me to a conclusion. I'm working on a computer (Dell E310 with WMCE 2005) and my USB mouse and keyboard will not work (no PS2 ports ). I have made sure the USB ports are turned on in BIOS and have tried multiple mice and keyboards. The customer reports that theirs had worked fine, but mine will not. The weird thing is...they will work fine if I load a BootCD and run off of that. I have tried Safe Mode (every one), Debugging Mode, Last Good Config., everything I could think of and nothing works. I can't get to the Device Manager to even uninstall the USB devices in case they are corrupt. I am desperately in need of help here, thanks!!

A:Dell E-310 Mouse & Keyboard Problem

Anybody?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-e-310-mouse-keyboard-problem.819635/
Relevancy 55.04%

I purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse and I love it. Here's the problem. When I leave the computer and come back later, my screen saver isn't working. Is this normal? Is there a fix? I'm running ME. Thanks

A:Wireless keyboard and mouse problem

whats the setting on the screen saver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-problem.400284/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am not sure if im in the right section, but here it goes:
When i play games (brood wars), my mouse and keyboard would both at the same time stop working, my computer isnt frozen becasue i cans till see everything thats going on , its just that the damn mouse and keyboard just stop working. I dled windows new patch and stuff.
Type:
mouse:Intellimouse optical USB
keyboard: Natural Keyboard pro
both made by microsoft

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all. I got a new logitech mouse and keyboard and a linksys kvm switch. I installed the mouse and keyboard works fine then i hooked it up to kvm switch restart computer when windows XP loads up it sees my mouse as being a generic logitech mouse(cause my mouse is going into the kvm switch) so then it installs those drivers so then i can't use the Back and Forward buttons on the side of my mouse(8 button mouse).

This is really annoying cause my 2nd computer is running Windows 2k and i have no problems. Also my new keyboard for some reason if i try to ALT-F4 a Internet Explorer window it shows a little message on the bottom saying "contains commands for working with the selected items" and doesn't close the window. I use ALT-F4 quite a bit and need this to work. Any ideas?

A:Mouse/Keyboard Problem With KVM Switch

I beleive you have to setup the Side buttons to do what you want. I know there are a bunch of options for them. It shoudl be in the mouse properties. As far as the k/b see if there is a F-lock key.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-keyboard-problem-with-kvm-switch-22890.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Have a new problem that's developed on my laptop running XP SP2.

1 - On the desktop screen, the right button seems to act like the left and vice versa.

2 - Clicking the left button on the Start menu, flicks it on quickly then it closes.

3 - The keyboard doesn't work normally, e.g the buttons try to open up the file, edit, view menus

- This is cured at the moment by logging out of the main XP account, logging off as a Guest and
then going back into the main administrator account.

- I have Windows restore turned off and all the settings in the control panel/mouse, etc seem normal.

Has anybody seen this before ?

A:Mouse Button/keyboard Problem.

Update:

I downloaded Spyware Terminator which scanned and located the following 2 Trojans.

AdminCash
StartPage-B

I guess these have altered my settings ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87694/mouse-buttonkeyboard-problem/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Pentium III computer with Win originally installed that I recently upgraded to WinME A few years back I attached an Acer AirKey Wireless Keyboard w mouse model WIL- U When I first installed it I used the keyboard only and kept a trackball mouse I had been using attached to the mouse PS port Everything has worked beautifully but recently I decided to uninstall the trackball mouse and use the mouse that is integrated onto the wireless keyboard As per manuf instructions I uninstalled trackball software turned off my computer plugged wireless mouse problem... Keyboard Wireless w/mouse cord into PS port turned computer back on and waited for computer to completely boot The computer keeps getting hung up on the OS opening Wireless Keyboard w/mouse problem... page I tried turning off computer and installing the old two button mouse that originally came with the computer to be sure it wasn t the PS Wireless Keyboard w/mouse problem... port and the computer booted up just Wireless Keyboard w/mouse problem... fine I also looked in Device Manager to be sure there were no conflicts and there wasn t Would really appreciate any suggestions as to what the problem could be nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-w-mouse-problem.281395/
Relevancy 55.04%

In the last week my keyboard and mouse have become mushy in response.

Also, Internet explorer is slow starting up.

Any idea where I can start looking for the problem with this? I cannot think of anything outstanding I have done to change the software set-up. I have neither added any new drivers/software or uninstalled anything so I am a bit flummoxed as to what the problem is.

Nevica

A:Mushy Keyboard and Mouse Problem

Hi i would start by checking for malware. malwarebytes can get for free to check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368718-mushy-keyboard-mouse-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi- i did try to find weird problem and keyboard :( usb mouse a thread concerning this but failed it's also a bit hard to explain- not in my native language i recently bought a usb microsoft Keyboard amp mouse connected via a usb external hub 'station' they seemed to work great for a few weeks but in the weird usb keyboard and mouse problem :( last weeks something is wrong first the keyboard problem when i type i suddenly get a weird keyboard response let's say i was going to type quot my name is Roei quot in the middle of typing i get something like this quot my nammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm quot - for no apparent reason i type correctly no mistakes or over pushing the 'm' it happened many times quite suddenly every minute or so and the mouse problem i get those 'mini lags' when the pointer freezes for a second and then jumping to where i am also happens within every minute or so this is very annoying and frustrating and i NEVER had those problems beforrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre see that's the real time keyboard going nuts i think those two issues are related to something in my system but i can't figure it out is this the graphic card the usb all drivers updated please help thanks i think i've written down all my system specs in my profile

A:weird usb keyboard and mouse problem :(

Sounds like a bad keyboard. It's annoying when it happens with brand-new gear, but at least it's covered under the warranty, right? I'd see about doing a warranty return/replacement, or else get a refund and buy a different keyboard/mouse combo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146950-weird-usb-keyboard-mouse-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've searched and searched but cannot even get close to finding anything Strange - Keyboard/Mouse Problem Seriously similar I'm hoping someone can understand what I'm asking I have two computers one is Windows Pro -bit the other is Windows XP Pro -bit This started on my Strange Keyboard/Mouse Problem - Seriously Win machine first User is working on different software - Outlook Excel Word Peachtree Quantum AutoCAD - and suddenly when attempting to switch from Peachtree back to Outlook he notices his mouse is unresponsive in the program He can drag the window around but he can not click Strange Keyboard/Mouse Problem - Seriously on anything in Outlook He goes back to Peachtree and he can continue but then he clicks on the Teskbar and notices he can't click on it either The icons are still active the clock is still working but it isn't responding He uses Alt-Tab to switch back to Outlook and it works He still can't use Outlook though He presses the Windows button on the Keyboard and the start menu pops up He tries to select something in it with the mouse but it doesn't work He can use the keyboard and go through the options though and click enter to open something So he goes back to Outlook and he realizes that the keyboard still works He can open a new message and compose and send all using the keyboard but the mouse doesn't work But he can drag the windows around even close them So he switches to Excel and the mouse doesn't work still but the keyboard does He comes to me and I tell him to close down Peachtree He does and then Outlook frees up He can use the mouse there now but now its the only program working with the mouse but the mouse can still drag windows around He closes the programs one by one and they close and save fine Taskbar is still locked up so using the keyboard he restarts his computer It comes back up and everything works fine I've never seen anything like this before but I was afraid it was Win I had him install Microsoft Office in place of his It happens to him again a week later This time only with Word and Excel open Symptoms are identical He shuts down each program and restart the computer It has been working fine since been nearly a week Then today a different user suffers the same thing different machine and OS Her Win XP machine locks up with Quickbooks Outlook and Peachtree open Different version of Office her's is and doesn't have AutoCAD installed They don't even have the same keyboard and mouse one is Microsoft the other uses HP and Logitech The only thing that is the same is the Peachtree and AVG The problem I have is nearly everyone in my office uses Peachtree and we ALL have AVG We have HP computers different models and use Win XP Vista and Pro -bit of the two former -bit of the latter No one else has experienced this We've been using these program for months AVG for longer and have had the most recent update come in several weeks ago well before the first problem Not being able to figure this out is making me look bad We can't have the computers becoming unresponsive like this every week Any help with this is greatly appreciated -Tim

A:Strange Keyboard/Mouse Problem - Seriously

Hello.

I have seen AVG cause this. The other members are going to put me down and send me insulting pms, but I'd rather help you anyhow.

Please uninstall AVG with the removal tool and install MSE as a known stable replacement.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nstallers.html

Enjoy.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/strange-keyboard-mouse-problem-seriously-486096.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok so i was using a wireless logitech k board n mouse set off a usb port all was working fine until i went to delete a usb device i didnt want in device manager and accidently rather keyboard urgent mouse with and problem deleted rather urgent problem with keyboard and mouse quot usb composite device quot not my old printer that usb composite device was the receiver rather urgent problem with keyboard and mouse for my mouse and keyboard so as expected they both stopped i thought to myself quot its fine i ll disconnect and reconnect it and everything will be ok quot but no the oh so helpful found new hardware wizard pops up which of course i cant rather urgent problem with keyboard and mouse navigate so i thought ah-ha heres a ps mouse and a ps keyboard all shall be fine nope they re recognised in the bios i can go into the bios and say dont use usb keyboard or mouse but it gets to windows and i cant change the num-lock status or use the mouse so i plugged in the logitech again and low and behold they work in the bios but not windows then i booted to safe mode both ps and usb keyboards still don t work i have work i need to print out by wednesday morning for an interview no work - no university for me i also tried use last good config to no avail im in desperate need of help what can you suggest nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rather-urgent-problem-with-keyboard-and-mouse.32242/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Guys!

I just brought a Logitech Combo of Wireless Keyboard Mouse and installed the same. The problem is that even if I switch off the Computer, the lazer in the mouse is on. This means that the mouse is always active and the same must be happening with the Keyboard also. Now, this would drain off the batteries very soon. Is there a way to switch off the Mouse and Keyboard when not in use.

Please dont say to take off the batteries as this would be the dumbest idea. BTW, how long will my battery last if my computer is on all 24 hrs.

Thank you.

A:Wireless Keyboard Mouse Problem?

Chances are very good that it shuts down automatically after some period of time and re-activates when you touch it. That battery will last quite a while. But I need to replace my mouse battery fairly often (which is why I use rechargeables) but the kb battery has lasted more than a year.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-mouse-problem.683677/
Relevancy 54.61%

Sorry if this is in the wrong section So I had one of those TDSS Google Redirect virus and - Problem G550 Keyboard Lenovo Mouse things It wasn t too much of a problem but it was irritating Anti-virus things would automatically close a few seconds after I started any scan So I figured that it would be much easier to just put it back to factory settings I didn t have much saved any way So after the factory reset during the Windows Lenovo G550 - Keyboard and Mouse Problem Installation the mouse wasn t moving Lenovo G550 - Keyboard and Mouse Problem Then I plugged in my USB mouse in and it started moving I don t have a USB Keyboard so I used the on screen keyboard to fill out the rest However when I try to use the inbuilt Keyboard and Touchpad they don t respond I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for both I have updated the BIOS I ve tried using function and F all to no avail The keyboard works in the BIOS I can select Safe Mode etc but not in Safe Mode or actual Windows BTW the laptop is Lenovo G if that helps anyone Can someone please help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,
During boot the way my USB keyboard works is pretty limited - only first key press works, then nothing until reconnecting keyboard. It means that to go to BIOS I must press F12, disconnect keyboard, connect it again, press down, reconnect keyboard, press down, reconnect keyboard etc. 
When I'm in BIOS it's the same. USB mouse in BIOS doesn't work at all, I can only see cursor. In both Windows and Linux, all usb devices work properly. I'm booting in legacy mode.
I disconnected all devices but keyboard, tried to connect it to all of 10 ports, issue persists. 
I couldn't find matching issue while search google and this forum. Anyone know that issue?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996649
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All,

I have a strange problem with a new Pixxo wireless keyboard and mouse. When I first turn on the computer, the keyboard works to enter bios and move around. But when Vista starts, the keyboard and mouse do not connect. Pressing connect buttons, turning off and on don't seem to help. But when I unplug the receiver from the usb port, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in, everything works fine.

Pixxo tech support had me check power management options on the USB root hub entries in device manager, but that didn't seem to be the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Weird wireless keyboard and mouse problem

Welcome
First new does not mean that it works. Try it with another computer and try another keyboard with your current computer. The results will be self explanatory
If that does not lead to a solution. Go to search type device manager and make sure that the driver is up to date and no yellow warning markers near it.
Try to test with a clean boot procedure
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Follow this MS bulletin
Troubleshoot response failures in wireless keyboard or mouse
Troubleshoot a wireless mouse that does not function correctly

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/286610-weird-wireless-keyboard-mouse-problem.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have just bought a Dexxa wireless mouse and keyboard and I am having problems installing it. I did as instructions said and plugged it in before starting computer.Computer does not say it detects new hardware. I installed the drivers off the disc but still no luck. I am not sure if it is faulty or if it is something I am doing wrong. I have windows ME and the receiver for new key board and mouse plugs into the PS/2 ports. At the moment I am using a miscrosoft keyboard and mouse. Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 54.61%

Wife got ya new laptop and since September when we have bought 2 sets of wireless keyboards and mice. Due to kids etc she now has two worthless wireless mouse and keyboard sets due to broken transceivers.

I know there has to be a way to get the transceivers, but microsoft is zero help, basically they just tell you to buy a new wireless mouse and keyboard. Anyone know of a way to get new transceivers?

Model numbers on both are the same:

Microsoft 2.4ghz tranceiver v.6.0
Model 1364

Because of them both being the same that brings up my next question, if I get replacements how can I be sure they will work with the keyboard and mouse?

I figure someone out there has had this issue and been able to solve the delema.

Thanks..

A:Tranceiver problem with wireless mouse and keyboard

Not to sure myself but I would look on ebay to see if maybe you can find something cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tranceiver-problem-with-wireless-mouse-and-keyboard.885866/
Relevancy 54.61%

A friend of mine has an emergency He just called me and advised that the mouse and keyboard on his HP Pavilion With 725n And HP Mouse Problem Keyboard On Pavilion n quit working When he started up the computer which has Windows XP Home Edition this morning it went through the normal startup process until it reached the screen where you have to type in the log-in password He then Problem With Mouse And Keyboard On HP Pavilion 725n discovered that the mouse arrow was frozen on the screen and that the keyboard would not type anything He checked both PS connections and restarted several times both in normal mode and safe mode but still no luck He is also unable to access the BIOS even when pressing F during startup Selecting quot Last known good configuration quot didn t work either I ve been to the HP site for that model and all it suggests is to reinstall the mouse and keyboard drivers Since he can t get logged in to Windows because of the frozen mouse and keyboard that doesn t work either Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I currently have a fair number of these HP 3115m but I am only having a problem with one of them.  After the device has been booted up to windows, or has been turned on for sometime.  The keyboard and mouse stop responding.  I can plug in external mice and keyboards and they work fine but the onboard ones do not.  The screen brightness controls and Wifi button on the keyboard appear to function properly but I get no response from the rest of the keyboard buttons or touchpad and buttons.  It does not appear to be an OS problem as I have cloned and ghosted the machine with a good image and it still fails.  It does not fail right away and takes a little bit to stop working. Any thoughts?  HELP!!

A:HP 3115m Keyboard / Mouse failure problem Help!!

I want to also add that while trying to image with ghost I also loose the onboard keyboard and touchpad.  So I don't think it is a driver issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-3115m-Keyboard-Mouse-failure-problem-Help/td-p/5794690
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a IHome (I am not sure if it is wireless or infrared). It has a little device that plugs into a USB port. Anyways The mouse and the keyboard both run on 2, each, AAA battery's. The 2 AAA battery's in the keyboard last a real long time but the 2 battery's in the mouse I have to change quite often. A brand new AAA battery mesures 1.8 volts in my battery tester. But when the battery voltage in each battery is down to 1.5 volts (still well in the green good zone) the mouse movement gets jurky, sluggish and the aerrow lags behind the mouse. Why does this mouse use so much juce up?

Steve

A:a problem with a wireless combo keyboard and mouse

At the mouse, don't you have a button to synchronize sender and receiver?
I use to have this problem. It was solved by placing the receiver close to the mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402523-problem-wireless-combo-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Yesterday I purchased a new wireless internet keyboard and optical mouse package from the brand quot micro INNOVATIONS quot Model KB W This is the first time I New Keyboard Optical Wireless Mouse Problem and ever got wireless keyboard and mouse so I was a bit puzzled when I first saw the receiver Anyways I turned off my computer unplugged the cables of my old keyboard and ball mouse Than I saw the strange cables of my new New Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse Problem keyboard and mouse which apparently designed to connect the keyboard and mouse port together which is than connected to the receiver So I connect the new keyboard and mouse together and into my computer I put in some batteries into the new keyboard and mouse I turned on the computer and nothings working Can t move mouse can t even Ctrl Alt Del Double checked the cables to see if they re secure and tight Done Checked if batteries are positioned correctly Done I even see the red light from my optical mouse I refer to the manual which gives me instructions in case it doesn t connect right away Install batteries in the mouse properly Install the batteries in the keyboard properly Turn off the PC New Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse Problem and connect the receiver Turn on the PC and press the button on the receiver Press the button underneath the keyboard leg Press the button on the receiver again Press the button underneath the mouse Install the software They gave me a CD Now I followed every single one of the steps to every last letter and step is just patronizing since I can t even get onto my desktop to install the software I don t think it s the keyboard or mouse that s broken but maybe something to do with compatibility That confuses me since I meet the system requirements of quot Windows XP quot I ve run out of options Someone please help me Thanks for taking your time to read through my detailed problem nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Everybody nbsp I write here cause I have a problem that I don't arrive to solve by myslef nbsp I prepared a Lenovo Ideapad this one http support lenovo com fr fr products Laptops-and-netbooks -series - iby tabName Downloads on Windows Bits with all the drivers that are on the official website nbsp I windows 100 problem on mouse/keyboard 64... 7 Ideapad have a problem sometimes with the keyboard and mouse when I start the computer they dont work there is just the Hotkeys with Fn that runs and Ideapad 100 problem mouse/keyboard on windows 7 64... I couldn't do anything just put an Ideapad 100 problem mouse/keyboard on windows 7 64... external keyboard mouse to work nbsp If I put a Linux Live CD and boot on it this problem is solved after the next restart There is something that I don't understand Ideapad 100 problem mouse/keyboard on windows 7 64... nbsp I tried the keys like Fn Num Lock to reactive but it doesn't work nbsp Is there someone on this forum that have an idea or to give me the solution to reactive it easily if arrives nbsp I am sorry for my english I am french and sorry if this problem was already posted on this forum I search it but dont find any post about the same problem nbsp Thanks nbsp St phane - EASYCLIX company in Chamonix

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100-problem-mouse-keyboard-on-windows-7-64-bits/td-p/3471397
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a IHome (I am not sure if it is wireless or infrared). It has a little device that plugs into a USB port. Anyways The mouse and the keyboard both run on 2, each, AAA battery's. The 2 AAA battery's in the keyboard last a real long time but the 2 battery's in the mouse I have to change quite often. A brand new AAA battery mesures 1.8 volts in my battery tester. But when the battery voltage in each battery is down to 1.5 volts (still well in the green good zone) the mouse movement gets jurky, sluggish and the aerrow lags behind the mouse. Why does this mouse use so much juce up?

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402523-problem-wireless-combo-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Last month when typing the cursor would suddenly disappear and the window would become unselected after typing a few characters in any application MSWord email etc -- and I must click the screen to get the cursor to return Also I was getting an iexplorer exe error when I initially booted up the system and tried to open up My Documents or My Computer I m still running Windows and the Recover the Active Desktop screen would pop up I also got the iexplorer exe dll initialization failed message and it would take several attempts to shut down the computer At first I thought it was a keyboard problem -- and I planned to just reformat But some buddies suggested that it may be a malware problem I did run some scans found problems yikes The initial iexplorer exe error and the Recover the Active Desktop problem in the beginning have been fixed The iexplorer exe dll initialization failed message stayed on for awhile and I had to try to quot shutdown quot about or Malware Keyboard/Mouse or Ideas? Problem? so times before the message disappears and the computer shuts down -- but now it s much better too The cursor problem persists however It s much better however and I can type more characters before the cursor disappears I ve also tried reinstalling the mouse driver Does anyone see anything in the Hijack log Any suggestions Would it fix things if I reformat I d appreciate your kind help Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services Keyboard/Mouse or Malware Problem? Ideas? exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system Dhcp exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system hidserv exe C PROGRA Navnt navapsvc exe C PROGRA Navnt npssvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT wanmpsvc exe C WINNT system WFXSVC EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe D Programs WinFax WFXMOD EXE C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C PROGRA Navnt alertsvc exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Keyboard/Mouse or Malware Problem? Ideas? Apoint exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C WINNT System WScript exe C WINNT system wfxsnt exe C Program Files Real RealJukebox tsystray exe D Programs Canon OmniPage SE opware exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Action Setup VAServ exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Navnt navapw exe C Program Files PowerPanel Program PcfMgr exe D Programs Adobe Acrobat distiller Distillr AcroTray exe C progra Support com client bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE D Programs SKYPE toolbars SKYPEF Skype IE exe D Programs MSOffice Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE D Programs Extra Virus Spyware Hijackthis Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - d programs adobe acrobat reader Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO CBTB - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - D Programs SKYPE toolbars SKYPEF toolbar dll O - BHO Popup-Blocker Class - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - D Programs Extra Juno qsacc x IEBHO dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - D PROGRA VIRUS SPYBOT SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Skype For Internet Explorer - B C -F - -B E - A FED - D... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-mouse-or-malware-problem-ideas.619576/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys I have a bit of a problem Yesterday after manually updating Vista from microsoft website it asked me to restart I've always allowed it to automatically update once every hours but this time I happened to be at microsofts website and decided to do it manually I did and this is where my problem began It restarted and booted to windows with no visual problem However I noticed my mouse and keyboard did not work I tried other usb ports including the front to no avail I removed my printer microphone and card reader usbs and tried the keyboard mouse again it did not work I did try the keyboard mouse in another computer and they worked perfectly So i ruled Work. Won't Problem? Bootup Mouse/keyboard out a periphereal failure I later booted from the Vista Reinstall disc and Mouse/keyboard Won't Work. Bootup Problem? my keyboard and mouse worked fine So from here I realized it's likely a file or two corrupt or not working correctly during bootup When prompted whether I would like to go to a safemode or normal boot up my keyboard worked fine as it accepted the lt enter gt and scrolling keys However once in windows safemode my keyboard mouse or any usb device would not work Is there some deleting or switching around of bootup files I can work with from the command prompt Appreciate any help

A:Mouse/keyboard Won't Work. Bootup Problem?

If the input devices don't work from within Windows - IMO there's an issue either with your USB drivers and their support of the OS, or it's a corruption of Windows.To start, I'd try a PS2 mouse and keyboard to see if they work OK. If they do, then Windows is likely to be alright.Then I'd look into your BIOS to ensure that legacy USB support is enabled, and to ensure that you've specified that you have a PnP OS installed.Should that not work, then I'd suggest trying a repair installation of Vista: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116922/mousekeyboard-wont-work-bootup-problem/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have been having some problems with my keyboard The arrow keys and page up page dn end keys are not working properly if at all Sometimes when I doing a search in Google and press an arrow key a series of random letters appears When I am in a documents folder and try to problem?? hardware/virus - Keyboard/mouse navigate to a particular file the cursor flashes very quickly and keeps moving I am unable to control the cursor and select the desired file When I position the cursor in the body of a text it scrolls to the end of its own accord The cursor sometimes tries to work against me when I move the mouse to the left the cursor starts heading Keyboard/mouse - hardware/virus problem?? to the right I have used AVG McAfree SkyBot and Ad-aware but none seem to find a problem solve the issue I have attached a log of my system below Please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Keyboard/mouse - hardware/virus problem?? C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files iPass iPassConnect iPCAgent exe c progra mcafee mcafee antispyware massrv exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcregwiz exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C progra mcafee MCAFEE masalert exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files iPass iPassConnect downloader ipccheck exe C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME MICHAE LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries u en default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com countries u en default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Hosts sip tls sip phoneserve com O - Hosts sip ssl sip phoneserve com O - Hosts sip tls sip phoneserve com O - Hosts sip ssl sip phoneserve com O - Hosts sip tls sip phoneserve com O - Hosts sip ssl sip phoneserve com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO bho gr Class - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run DadApp C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Fi... Read more

A:Keyboard/mouse - hardware/virus problem??

it would be odd to have both keyboard and mouse act up at same time but have tried another keyboard and mouse? if you have access to another computer then switch keyboards and mouse and see if the problem followos them to the other computer and if the problem computer works ok with the other mouse and keyboard.

and you need to put Hijack This in a permanent folder. it wont work properly in a temp folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-mouse-hardware-virus-problem.470597/
Relevancy 54.18%

It all started that when I'm and Mouse Keyboard Problem is Driverpack Working Solution not using my PC the system is issuing an error saying that the display driver is not compatible the pc's LED screen just randomly became pixelated then Driverpack Solution Problem Keyboard and Mouse is not Working the displays turns to black then back again to normal so in my experience I always update my drivers with driver pack solution When It was at installing updates including the recommended programs the screen blinks which is normal when installing other driver updates at that moment my keyboard and mouse is not working Is it the USB port drivers that is the problem or the Driver pack solution I don't know how to fix this The great thing is I can use the keyboard when booting I can input the boot options but I dont really know how this work It would be a great help if I can fix this I don't want to try random things maybe it would make it more terrible than it already is PLEASE HELP

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/394391-driverpack-solution-problem-keyboard-mouse-not-working.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all I hope you can help me with a very annoying problem that started around weeks ago - that seems to be getting worse My PC is only around months old - Windows bit and has developed a very weird problem It first started with my cut paste shortcuts Ctrl C Ctrl V not working in Firefox - basically I can't copy anything when using Firefox but then affecting Keyboard Mouse problem functions and Strange occasionally it DOES work This works fine in Internet Explorer however Also in Firefox when jumping between fields when completing a form the TAB key no longer works but again works ok in IE The next most annoying problem is the Mouse - a single click will often behave as a double-click This happens with everything - when opening programs email folders etc Strange problem affecting Mouse and Keyboard functions Today the problem has spread to my Wacom Graphics tablet - the pen is now acting strangely as though it's also double-clicking a lot of the time making work almost impossible I'm pretty sure this is a Windows problem not my keyboard tablet and mouse all Strange problem affecting Mouse and Keyboard functions going wrong at the same time I tried a System Restore a few times when this first started but the problems were back within a day or two I've played with the mouse settings and tried changing the speed etc but this hasn't worked The problem doesn't happen every time - I would say about of the time it doesn't work properly Does anybody have any advice as to what I can try to find and fix this problem Many thanks in advance Sharon

A:Strange problem affecting Mouse and Keyboard functions

Hello and welcome Sharon you could start with some of this mate to sort some simpler stuf out.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292603-strange-problem-affecting-mouse-keyboard-functions.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have Windows 7 installed on my new computer, but my firewire audio card and also some software wouldn't work properly with it, so I put my old hard drive with Windows XP installed on it into my new computer.

I can boot up Windows XP from the second hard drive at the bios screen bit, but when it gets to the log in screen, the mouse and keyboard will not respond. I have tried multiple mice and keyboards including the old school style non-USB keyboard. The keyboard works fine to press F12 to get into the boot menu etc but then just stops working completely when XP is loaded. I assume its some kind of driver issue or something like that but I'm pretty useless with computers and I have no idea how I can get my mouse and keyboard to respond in XP

Please if anyone knows how let me know, thanks!!

Dominic

A:Booting XP from second hard drive Mouse/Keyboard problem

I was thinking about maybe if I copy and pasted all the drivers from my C: windows folder into the windows folder on my D: drive (old hard drive). Maybe this would let my mouse and keyboard work? I'm a bit worried though it seems like the kind of thing I do that seems like a logical idea but actually screws up my PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-xp-from-second-hard-drive-mouse-keyboard-problem.911025/
Relevancy 54.18%

I built a computer for a friend installed Vista Ultimate and everything runs great He went and bought a Kensington wireless mouse amp keyboard combo and hooked it up That ran great too Well he Problem Keyboard Mouse Kensington & Wireless in Vista decided to install the software that came with this package and pushed through the quot these drivers are not for Vista blah blah quot and continuted anyway Well after he restarted his Wireless Kensington Mouse & Keyboard Problem in Vista computer BOOM no keyboard our mouse works So he calls me tells me what he did and I say well do a Vista restore to yesterday and you ll be good don t install that software again Well guess what he can t use the keyboard or mouse at all Long story short we tried connecting a few more mice and keyboards to the machine none of them will work and everytime one is plugged in Vista says where you normall see quot Updating hardware quot messages in the bottom right Driver not installed properly and that s it Everytime you connect any keyboard or mouse The ports work just fine cause if I go into BIOS they keyboard works no problem I probably wrote all this to answer my own question but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas besides running the Vista CD and doing a restore from it I hate doing restores because of losing some system updates and settings since the last good quot working condition quot But if I have to I have to Just wondering if anyone has a better idea than that Again please note No keyboard or mouse will work in Vista I ve tried even in safemode nothing will work or install The computer is running just fine but the input of keyboards and mice will not work Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wireless Kensington Mouse & Keyboard Problem in Vista

Bump! Having the same problem on my other machine!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-kensington-mouse-keyboard-problem-in-vista.661210/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Im addressing the issue from my desktop PC as mentioned in the subject my HP envy keyboard is ahving some issue lately both with the external and the built in I can only type from last letter to first to make a correct word nbsp nbsp Eg If nbsp I want to type Microsoft Windows I need to start from S nbsp to W to type Windows then nbsp T to ' M to type Microsoft properly otherwise it will be like SWODNIW TFOSORCIM because the cursor doesnt problem scrolling HP typing ENVY Keyboard and Mouse move nbsp Also I cant click on anything in desktop except the Recycle Bin I have four or five shortcuts in desktop and no matter HP ENVY Keyboard typing and Mouse scrolling problem what I click on recycle bin opens no problem in clicking anything on taskbar Cant scroll either horizontally or vertically it HP ENVY Keyboard typing and Mouse scrolling problem just stays on top no matter what tried dragging the scroll bar down but it just goes back to top nbsp Another issue is I cant click on windows icon in taskbar and the windows key in keyboard not working at all nbsp I tried getting into control panel from the action center and when I clicked on synaptics clickpad v it pops up a message saying Unale to start synaptics due to the other pointing device or whatever installed and asked me to uninstall by clicking YES I did and restarted but no avail So I reinstalled it using HP support assistant Now the error has gone nbsp and I can open the driver settings but the other problems remain nbsp nbsp

A:HP ENVY Keyboard typing and Mouse scrolling problem

Hi @JitzyJT, Welcome to the HP Forums!It is a wonderful  place to find answers and suggestions!For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.Learn How to Post and More I grasp that you are having an issue with the keyboard and touchpad. Have you checked for viruses and malware?  Malicious Software Removal Tool Have  you done all your Windows updates? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard driver? You could also try a HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8) Here are two more links that may also help. HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 8) HP Notebook PCs - Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 8)  To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up icon below. If this resolved your issue, please let other people know by choosing solution provided.  Best of Luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-Keyboard-typing-and-Mouse-scrolling-problem/td-p/5116144
Relevancy 54.18%

This all started like last week i plugged my iphone in and then suddenly my keyboard was not working i tryed to unplug and replug it in but nothing so i decided to reset after trying to turn it back on my monitor and keyboard were not starting i didnt hear the beep sound from my motherboard either it takes like - times of turning my computer off and on to get it to finaly work So everytime i turn it off theres a chance then drivers mouse,keyboard,monitor,usb random problem either my monitor mouse keyboard or usb slots arent working i have windows xp sp AMD mouse,keyboard,monitor,usb drivers random problem phenom II X processor SAPPHIRE HDMI Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Hard Drive Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin mouse,keyboard,monitor,usb drivers random problem DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model KHX D K G GIGABYTE GA-MA -UD AM AM AMD ATX AMD Motherboard PS i built this computer myself my brother pretty much put it together back in like may and this problem just started also something i noticed is that when i open my disc drive i sometimes lose my wireless connection EDIT now my computer will not turn on at all the light blinks and all the fans run for about seconds and thats it Update i tryed to go thro and unplug things to see what the problem is and it seems like when i take out the processor the computer actually runs but if i keep it in and unplug something like the video card it doesnt work soo would this be a processor problem or a power supply problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-keyboard-monitor-usb-drivers-random-problem.845650/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have had some problems with my problem 7 Windows (Notepad-related?) and mouse in Keyboard new Windows laptop The computer is an Acer Aspire Z A typing problem has appeared twice today Both times it happened as I was using Notepad although I don't know if it was the cause As I was using it suddenly I couldn't type anything The only keys that worked resulted in some commands if I remember correctly pressing P resulted in the printing window appearing T caused the search bar to appear The Keyboard and mouse problem in Windows 7 (Notepad-related?) same problems appeared in Internet Explorer The mouse also stopped working correctly zooming pages in and out when I tried to scroll down Copying text didn't work properly either as it highlighted longer parts of the text instead of a single letter The problems disappeared when I Keyboard and mouse problem in Windows 7 (Notepad-related?) restarted the computer but appeared again after I had used Notepad for a while As I haven't used Windows for long I don't know if I accidentally triggered some new feature but I couldn't find an answer to my problem or repeat it when I tried to find out what caused it I have never had this problem on any other computer or system I have used both XP and Vista for years I hope there is a solution to this problem

A:Keyboard and mouse problem in Windows 7 (Notepad-related?)

Hi-

To me it sounds like the CTRL key is sticking. This could be caused by dirt, grime, dust, ect. getting physically into the keyboard. I would use a can of compressed air to try to clean out the keyboard. It could also be a hardware problem with the keyboard (possibly needing to be replaced) see if you can try another keyboard. Thirdly it can be software, but being that it is the hardest of them to diagnose, try the other two first.

Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-and-mouse-problem-in-windows-7-notepad-related-664377.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Oh, the joys of computing!  Haven't seen this before. Updated my 8530p to Windows 10.  Tried to check on drivers and make sure all devices were working.  Then the fun started. Not always (very weird!) but almost always, I could move the arrow to an item on the screen but I could not "select" it (nor right-click, either).  Neither set of the touchpad keys work, so of course I thought it was perhaps the Synaptics software (though the mouse cursor moves).  Connected a wireless mouse and, again, I could move the cursor but neither left nor right clicking worked.  Then moved the mouse cursor and tried the Enter key.  It doesn't work, either.  Now it may be because the mouse cursor isn't really connecting to the item, I don't know, but I can't begin to debug with no input functionality. Any help? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/8530p-Strange-Keyboard-Mouse-Problem-w-Windows-10/td-p/5710219
Relevancy 53.32%

Right I have installed the above keyboard(the mouseis fully functional btw), most of the hotkeys work except the following for some strange reason and I've tried to configure them but to no avail, so can some one help me please:

hotkeys not working: Home/Favourites(WWW), My computer, email & The search key.

I am running windows XP Sp1 btw. IE6 & Microsoft Outlook Express for my e-mails.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-keyboard-ergo-mouse-hotkeys-problem.361681/
Relevancy 53.32%

Urgent Urgent Urgent please help Hi I have a Vista SP on my VAIO VGN-FW I have encountered a problem recently which stopped my works I had VMware workstation on my Vista It had a small problem with one of my machines and therefor I uninstalled version and I tried to reinstall version again but it gave me an error quot a previous version problem disabled Keyboard mouse for touchpad Urgent; and registry is installed on this machine quot I tried solutions of vmware forums but they were not work I tried to resolve the error by deleting every vmware related file on my vista but nothing changed after those I guessed the problem may be from the registry keys of vmware Urgent; Keyboard and mouse touchpad disabled for registry problem and therefor I searched in the registry editor and deleted every vmware related keys and unfortunately now neither my keyboard works nor mouse touch pad unfortunately my restore points become deleted automatically I dont know why and I don't have any restore point to go back and the Recent good configuration in boot menu of Vista doesn't changed anything their driver are update I uninstalled the hardwares and installed them Urgent; Keyboard and mouse touchpad disabled for registry problem again and again nothing changed the error in the device manager Windows cannot start this hardware device because Urgent; Keyboard and mouse touchpad disabled for registry problem its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged Code Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available I have to work on my project from Monday Urgent please help me Is there any software to repair registry with this problem what I have to do thanks so much

A:Urgent; Keyboard and mouse touchpad disabled for registry problem

Hello, see if you can do this : Repair Install For Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295133-urgent-keyboard-mouse-touchpad-disabled-registry-problem.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi there my mouse jumps around the screen and upon restart neither my mouse moving mouse restart, not working Solved: keyboard trojan? irradically, on and mouse or my keyboard would work without unplugging them and re-plugging Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? them in also i have alot of suspicious processes running that wont turn off and my internet is very jumpy and pages take along time to load below is my HJT log thanks for looking Hello there thank you for taking the time to help me i really appreciate it below is my HJT log file i also have an active scan log file which found a trojan i believe any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLanCfgG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C WINNT system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll file missing O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINNT IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AirPort Base Station Agent quot C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-moving-irradically-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-on-restart-trojan.761670/
Relevancy 51.17%

After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This occurs on Firefox, Chrome and IE. This seemed to start after Microsoft update and Flash updates

A:Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse

Hello mpmckee,

First run Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware scans. Remove anything the programs find.

Note: if you need some suggestions on which tools to use, let me know.

Afterwards, test functionally of mouse and keyboard.

If no change, run System Restore, choose a Restore point before the issue started.

Again test behavior of mouse and keyboard.

If the issue has been resolved, go ahead and reinstall windows Updates.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307791-mouse-scroll-keyboard-stop-working-until-left-click-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

I got a wireless mouse Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse | Posturite. It is supposed to use generic windows 2.4 Ghz adapter. However, windows 7 is unable to find any drivers. The screenshot of device manager is appended. I tried various other ways e.g. take out other USB devices, reboot etc. I tried sfc /scannow . But the error persists. There is no usb.inf file in the C:\Windows . It works in Windows 8 machine but not in windows 7. other 2.4 Ghz mice work. The manufacturer says that they don't provide the drivers because the mouse uses generic drivers
Please advise what can be done.

A:2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard mouse driver not found (Penguin mouse)

Did you do a Search of the Windows Folder including subFolders and hidden Files? My Win7Ult has several such files but only 2 that are usb.inf only in subFolders of Windows, others have longer names but most appear to be associated with my AMD CPU/Gigabyte Motherboard setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/341712-2-4-ghz-wireless-keyboard-mouse-driver-not-found-penguin-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I purchased an Asus ET2410IUTS-5 All-In-One PC. It came with a wireless full keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard works fine but the mouse does nothing. All properties say both devices are installed and working properly but the mouse still does nothing. Model number on each device is as follows:
Keyboard - AK1L
Mouse - AM1L
Receiver - AR1L

Any help would be greatly appreciated!